1.13/5
Based on 61 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a loan company?

Last updated: April 20, 2018

62 Lendmark Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 20, 2018

What a horrible experience. Bought a car from a private party, financed it through Lendmark on December 6 2017. I just got my plates on 4/19/18. They sent my paperwork to the wrong county's DMV, despite knowing which county I lived in (it's on my ID and on my loan paperwork). After 4 and a half months and 5 separate trips to the DMV for temp. tags (had to take off work for each trip), they determined that the title had been lost (despite telling me otherwise the entire time).

Additionally, when I took out the loan, I gave Lendmark a money order for the sales tax on the vehicle. This was also lost, and they've refused to refund my money. I've had to take multiple days off work to deal with the DMV on this, and they still have admitted no fault (they still blame the post office for losing the title and money order, even though they sent it to the wrong county). They also strung me along for months, telling me the county had the paperwork in their possession and was sending it back (complete and utter lie). They also told me they left me multiple voicemails which I don't have. I'm suing them for the sales tax in small claims at this point.

So please, if you don't want to be blatantly lied to, strung along, and treated like your time is completely worthless, don't go into Lendmark. Their staff is so incompetent it's mind-blowing. They have made me come into their location multiple times for no reason whatsoever, and seem to think that 5 trips to the DMV for license plates is normal. They're a bunch of idiots who have no respect for other people's time or money.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Borrowed money from this company, have made all my payment for 5 years. My balance has not gone down. They have hidden fees, they do not send bills with balance or interest paid. I have given them 200 a mo for five years and my balance has barely gone down. Will end up paying about 20,000 for a 3,000 dollar loan if ever being able to pay off. How does a company like this get around the laws, who are they paying off to be able to stay in business.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2018

This company is a big joke! Just sent a $3957.50 check to the Bremerton branch... telling me I still owe $58.18... paid it. Get lost and good riddance. For those of you out there please do not use Lendmark Financial, they are not out to help you. So crazy. I even called to let them know the check was coming. Big crooks. That's what this company is made up of.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I went to a credit union and got a loan to payoff Lendmark they were. 27% and the credit union was 5%. The credit union contacted Lendmark for the payoff and sent them a check directly. Now years later they're saying I owe for loan Insurance. When I ask for a breakdown of the account all I received was a handwritten note saying I owe them 500.00 dollars and now they're starting to send late payment notices to the credit reporting agency. And one want to look at a class action Lawsuit I can't. Be the only one they're doing this to.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I got a loan in June of 2017, it has been a nightmare from the beginning! They never took out my first payment, I had to call them to take it out of my account like it was set up to do. Then my second payment was taken out 5 days early. Since then they have never taken or attempted to take my payments. The Pelham, AL branch manager Brian SUCKS. I asked for them to defer the loan and refinance to help drop the payments (BTW this was November 2017). I have called every weeks since then and I keep getting told, "I'm to busy, I will get to it today and call you back". Never get a call back... so I call again... same thing. Now they have sent it to their home office telling them I refuse to pay... Fortunately I have several of those conversations recorded. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lendmark Financial?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

This company is HORRIBLE! I have been dealing with them for a short time and they wrongfully repossessed my wife’s truck. They have spoken to me in the most disrespectful way possible. The Athens branch is an embarrassment to the entire company. Sarah ** along with her district manager, who refused to give me her name by the way, are some of the rudest most distasteful customer service personnel I have ever had the displeasure of associating with. I urge everyone to stay away from this company.

They never tell you how much is owed and are sneaky about how much interest you’re paying. We have been paying for almost a year and the balance doesn’t seem to have moved. One time specifically we made a payment and it was taken from our bank but never posted to the company site making it look like no payment was ever made. Do yourself a favor, don’t even apply for a loan here. You’re in for awful customer service and interest rates that shouldn’t even be legal!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

My mother and I first got a small loan from Lendmark. Paid it off and everything was fine. We needed help again so we went back to Lendmark and we got the loan. This one was a little bit higher than our previous one. We've been making our monthly payments but the balance doesn't seem to move. I know some places have high interest rates but this place is outrageous with their fees. I know they have a lawsuit against them for excessive fees. I would like an attorney to look at my loan and see if it's legal for them to charge the amount that they do. The company I use is professional and nice but being ripped off isn't and I want to make sure because it should not take 6 years to pay $5,000.00. My car would be paid off before the 5000.00 and my car cost way more than 5,000.00.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Lendmark has not been completely honest when it comes to showing a balance or interest gained on a loan. I have complained to my Washington PA office but to no avail was there any explanation or positive outcome. The receipt monthly states they are undergoing computer upgrades and be patient please. IT'S BEEN A YEAR! Their business techniques are suspect. Maybe the Attorney General or some other BIG guns can help? President Trump made a statement he going after deceptive cheating companies. I hope he hurries and looks at Lendmark cuz they prey on the under privilege and needy. It feels like being robbed at gunpoint! About to call a local news station for investigative report!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

No Transparency into my Lendmark Account. It's been about a year since I last saw a statement where I can view my debits and credits from the account. I pay a little more than the balance each month and at least have on several occasions paid double and yet my balance kept going up; even my credit report says I owe less than what I was told. The statements and online details ONLY SHOW HOW MUCH IS OWED. I have NO VISIBILITY into how much went to interest and what my balance is. I have made several attempts to obtain that information but no luck. Who can I reach out to get this information to implement controls to avoid these guys from arbitrarily raising my balance? Last thing I want to do is hire a lawyer.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I finally called Lendmark after 7 months of monthly statements being sent with no balance summary, no payment history information. All it states on this monthly statement is, "We are under construction." Really what kind of legitimate business does this? I have called and I get no answer. Has anyone else faced this. They call all the time wanting to give us more loans and are harassing even when you tell them to stop calling. WARNING: If you are thinking about getting a loan through these people run like hell!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

After paying off my loan and waiting over 2 months for the title, I have to call them to ask when I will receive my title. They INSIST that the loan was not paid off. After having to speak OVER the person on the other end of the line they decide to actually hear me and come to realize that someone made a mistake on their end... Seriously, take a minute and listen to the customer before you spout off with useless information that is incorrect. I could have been understanding about a clerical error, but NOT about the customer service that jumped to conclusions without hearing what was being said. NEVER AGAIN!!! Title will be sent out via FedEX Monday. Never should have happened this way.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I don't like this company at all. They won't take the time to see what other options a person has and nobody from the main office will call you back and not only that they have a rude and attitude manager that works there. I am like this other people in the world. They are not a good company. Cause if they was they would find a way to get people business but that is not going to happen. And I also don't like it cause they won't use my boyfriend income even though it is cash but his boss can verify that he works for him.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Lendmark Financial here in Claremont California - Branch Manager could never properly explain why even with ON TIME Payments my original loan amount never decreased. Yes, I did fall behind when I was in a bind- however, I got caught up. I told her even when I was caught up I looked at my receipt after making a payment and only $50 went to the principal and $156 went to interest. She was upset and continued to say but "when you were behind"... I said I wasn't at the time of the payment.

I spoke with her - co worker who tried to ask if "I wanted to re-finance" and if I needed some extra cash - most likely $100??? And start from scratch for a 5 year LOAN?? Really?? When the payments made NEVER go toward the principal? They are quick to send a letter to take you to court - Maybe BBB needs to realize these complaints from SPRINGLEAF/LENDMARK FINANCIAL consumers, and maybe we all should show up in court to fight these illegal practices from this company. I will NEVER use this company again.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I have a recorded conversation with Scott verifying a final payment to settle/retire a loan. That payment was made via ACH during the recorded conversation. One week later Scott calls to inform me that more is owed to settle/retire the loan. The folks at Lendmark are clueless and unprofessional. The shop itself is nothing more than a predatory loan shark. Do not do business with them. My lawsuit will cost more than the judgment I'll win but worth it to close down this illegitimate business.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I paid off my car loan. Then waited approximately 45 days to receive the title. I never did and the manager I had talk to was not in. So, I went to the main Department of Revenue (on a Friday) to obtain the title. Once I got there I was told Lendmark had it. Then I found out it was in the manager's desk drawer! I asked them to overnight it to me because I had been waiting for the title in order to sell the car. They waited until Monday to overnight it to me!

No sense of urgency with this company. But, they certainly want their money on time! I will never use them again!!! I contacted the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint against them and they never responded to them. BEWARE they are not with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, nor have to answer to them. They want your money but they provide VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

UPDATE ON 07/10/2017: I reported earlier the misfortune I had with Lendmark sending my title. To make matters worse, I just found out they sent the wrong title. They all of a sudden found a more up-to-date title, after I called to say the Department of Motor Vehicles would not accept the title for the new owner to register the vehicle. I was livid!! They never bothered to send the right title. They do not need to be in business. The manager blamed it on poor staff. She is part of the poor staff!! Her name is Amy... Only do business with Lendmark if you want heart-ache and PROBLEMS!

Original review: June 14, 2017

I took out a loan for a dire emergency with Lendmark. Everything was going well until I fell into a hardship situation. I even know the employees that work for the local branch I went to in Collinsville, VA. We worked together at another finance company previously. Lendmark employees went into my checking account on 3 occasions without my permission and took out money. I had them blocked at the bank and called the local office & was told by the manager she actually heard the conversation with myself & the employees. I advised that was a blatant lie & I wanted to hear the recording. Never was I allowed to. So I stopped paying until I could speak with the corp. office who has yet to respond to my calls & letter. Now I have been threatened with legal action. So guess I will be contacting myself an attorney. I would NEVER recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 25, 2017

My payment is due on the 20th and I wasn't going to have the money until the 2nd of the next month. She said she would not wait for me to pay it then so I ask or what and she would not give me a direct answer. So I directly ask her if she was going to take my truck or what and would not give me a direct answer. She said that I could write them a check and it would not go through my bank until the 2nd of the next month. I told her that I did not want to do that because if they send it through it would cost me a 29 dollar overdraft fee on my account. Her response was that it was better than lawyer fees which I took as a threat. Refused to answer questions that I ask her and only want to have me listen to her and not say a word.

Then she told me that if my payment was one day late they could take my truck so I ask her if that's what they was going to do and she refused to give me a straight answer. I know they have to try and keep things on time but things happen and they could charge a crap load of charges and the interest rate is ungodly. I would like to change my account to my local bank and tell this woman to stick it. Just because she is new and power hungry does not mean that she has to be a witch.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Called Lendmark today to see what my payoff would be. Tells me price higher than what is showing on statement. Apparently when you make a payment they only take off interest and not whole payment. Does not make any sense. Also tried to make half payment put one time and was told they could only accept whole amount and by end of month.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I consolidated a previous loan with these sharks. We did the loan in 2016 November. We came into money and decided to get rid of this burden at 32%. Tried to pay it off over the phone and no help. Tried online and wouldn't let me. Loan was 5 thousand and we went through futile attempts to pay it off. Now we need to drive 57 miles to get rid of it. Unscrupulous and dishonest. Steer clear they are loan sharks! Next step Consumers Affairs!

Original review: March 11, 2017

I go in with half a payment and tell them I be back to pay the rest; but won't take half; they want whole. They say they don't care about being broke. I tell them, "I have stuff come up will you work with me?" They say, "No," and charged me $1500 for a $1200 bunk bed. I tell them my money gotten short and my wife left me. They just laugh at me and threaten to take me to court. I told them I pay half and they want take it at all. But I overheard them taking half from another customer. They always laugh at me for no reason. Just because I got behind on the bill one month don't mean I won't pay, but half; but they laugh at me and tell I don't need food. They need food and their money. They don't care if I break down. They are always laughing at me.

Original review: March 8, 2017

I had the worse time with the Lendmark and the lawyer office Fradkin and Weber whom they sent my judgment too. I tried to pay them and they did not know when and where the letter was going to be sent, they held my bank account for over 30 days when I tried to pay them, their staff did not know how to answer the questions that they should have been trained on, my bank tried to help them retrieve my funds and they did not know how to. I can keep on and on. This has been the worse experience of my life!!! No one should have a judgment against them but if you are trying to correct it and you are dealing with a company that does not understand how to collect the debt, never borrow money from them!!! I will call a family member or a stranger before I use their services again.

Original review: March 8, 2017

I got a loan from them out of absolute necessity when they were Springleaf. Lendmark has purchased them. Now I am in a position to pay the loan down if not pay it completely. When I called about a payoff amount, I was told that it was practically identical to my balance. In other words, for me to pay them off I have to pay off the entire balance.

Most of the time, with a loan, if you pay it off early, you aren't required to pay all of the interest that would be accrued if you paid it off for the full duration of the loan. Apparently, these people don't operate like this. Like everyone else said, they put up a good front. They seem professional and legit but these are predatory lenders who prey on people in need. Stay away or prepare to be taken advantage of. And, I would have rated this zero stars had that been an option.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Was not properly advised of what was being done. I was looking to get my current loan up to date and called to discuss my options. I was told I could get some additional money and was asked how much I wanted. I said an $1000 so they did what they had to do and called and told me I was approved. So I go to the office to sign the paperwork and had told them I was in a rush. So I was sat down and was given the paper to sign got my check and went back to my office. The next day I had the opportunity to sit down and read my terms of the loan and saw that I was being charged like $2700 more. So I said I would call them later that week.

The next few days went by and I received a letter from some insurance company and Lendmark saying that I had order this additional insurance coverage and that why was charged more for the loan. It also said I had 30 days to cancel it. I called the office and was told yeah they did add this coverage for me and I asked when was that disclosed to me. Nevertheless, I told them I wanted to cancel it and then I was told I can but I would still be charged that amount on my loan. So my choice was either give the money to some insurance company or take the additional cash for my loan. So me asking for an additional $1000 I ended up getting additional $3700 loan. To me this was a sham and I was tricked into taking out a higher loan amount than what I asked for. So now I'm thinking about filing bankruptcy because I didn't agree to this and then didn't have any way out of the dollar amount. Take my advised and stay away from this company.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

Collection harassment at its finest: I have a loan through Lendmark Financial (Baltimore Maryland) and will encourage any & everyone to BEWARE of their collection practices. I've contacted the FTC about their collection and harassment practices and got an intent to sue letter the next day for an account that was not even 30 days past due. They call faithfully to your home, cell, or employer requesting a payment, including one day after the due date, although they have a grace period for payments.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

These people are very unprofessional. They contacted me about getting a loan through them so we go through all the information on the phone then they ask me to give them collateral so we go through that process. At the end the guy tells me he has to go talk to his manager real quick. He will be right back. He comes back and states that they don't want to work with me. Everything on my credit is current. I had a period from when I got out of the military that hurt me because nobody would hire me due to disability from me getting hurt overseas.

During this time I could not work so me and my family had a rough 1 1/2 years of bills and just trying to survive. I waited that long for my claim to go through the VA but I tell this guy this and he says "well that's not our fault you could not pay your bills because you was hurt." I said "oh really. You feel that way about the disabled military veterans." He just laughed and hung up the phone. I will do everything I can to take customers or potential future customers away from them.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Jeff at the Rocky Mount NC location near Walmart has a serious attitude problem. He tries to intimidate and scared people into making payments when you're not even 60 days late. He leaves voice-mails that I frankly don't think is appropriate but I guess LENDMARK does. Again I'm talking about my experience with Jeff. Glenn has been excellent so far. Will keep you all updated about this branch/location.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I had no choice dealing with this company. I had to get a new furnace and my heating and AC company deals with this company. My original purchase was in the neighborhood of $5500, however, even though I officially owe around $4200 right now, my statement says I owe around $7600. When I called a few times to have this changed, they not only saw nothing wrong with it, they said they were 'unable' to change it. When I mentioned how this inaccurately displays on my credit report as owning more than I technically do, they didn't care.

Besides that, I have fallen behind 2 payments and have been nonstop threatened (to 'go to the attorney's office'), harassed (call taker being unpleasant, rude, and demanding), lied to (called multiple occasions and then they couldn't find a record of the conversation, was told that I would only need to pay $7.58 for the monthly payment to keep my account only 1 month behind but the following week was told that whoever I spoke to was incorrect and therefore that payment didn't mean anything, and they continued to harass me), get disturbing letters about collections when it was only a few days past due, etc... I've been late on other things and have never been treated so poorly!!

For instance, just now, I received a call from them demanding payment today. I actually believe they are putting words in my mouth. I said I would get a paycheck Feb 10th and believe I made it clear that I want to pay this bill but that I don't have the money this exact day. She said that if I didn't pay it today that it would 'go to the attorney's office'.

You know, if you want to work for collections, the best way of doing your job would be to WORK WITH your customers, not bully or harass them. I know I owe this money and I'm sorry I was unemployed for 7 months by being laid off, and I'm trying to pay it off. If I call in and WORK OUT payment arrangements, don't call me the next week with a completely different story and then throw it in my face when I can't pay it. I would NEVER, EVER use this company again! They should be ashamed of their conduct (I've spoken to several people at Lendmark Financial). Now come to this site - I see I'm not the only one! My interest rate is around 28% and they 'offered' to refinance my loan to 35%. Do they think I'm stupid?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I got a loan from Lendmark Financial in 2011 for 5000. After paying on the loan for almost 4 years, I requested a payoff because I assumed I was almost finished paying. I was told that after paying for 4 years I still owe just about what I borrowed $4980. They told me that all my payments went to interest and late fees. I attempted to settle for $4,000 but they would not accept it. They would not negotiate with me at all.

After a few months, they filed a judgment. At court, I asked the attorney if I could settle the account again for $4,000. He told me he would take it back to the Creditor and get back to me. I called him and never heard back. This company also has other companies that will mail you letters stating that they are trying to assist you but they actually work with Lendmark I believe. Two months after the Judgment was filed, I got a wage garnishment. This company is a crook and should be put out of business. It's a shame that consumers have no rights in matters like this. I believe in capitalism but this is ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

Lendmark Financial is a company I would not recommend to anyone. I fell late on my payments and now I have to appear in court. Lendmark filed a civil suit to collect on a payoff that should be less, they filed because I was 60 days behind. This is poor customer service but they have an arbitration clause in their contact to help resolve any disputes that they are clearly violating if they are taking people to civil court. Something should be done to companies that use the court system to try and scare people into paying. No one wants to fall behind in paying their bill. It's just sometimes things happen that you have no control over. Then you have companies like this that uses this against you.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Let me start off by saying that I always try to avoid predatory lending but this company puts on a good front. It looks like they are legit with a decent office and some sort of affiliation with BB&T Bank. If you can take any advice about finding a loan (no matter what your financial situation is or credit score) do not go here! They have high interest rates and constantly want to refinance your loan to trap you. After about six month of paying they will send and call with offers to get an additional amount of money so they can trap you in their predatory scheme. Then when you get too far behind they will attempt to take you to court. Falling behind 60 days is unacceptable and they will take you to court!

They completely took advantage of myself and family by taking me to court in a different state and of course winning because they knew I couldn't be present 500 miles away. I was only 60 days behind with a payment set up to draft from my bank account. They do not care! They will take full advantage of the law (that works in their favor). I had to drain my savings account to pay them off in full which brings me to another point... Good luck trying to pay them the money they took you to court for.

It took 2 weeks to pay these people because of all the crap you have to jump through just to get them money. Not to mention they will continue the legal process by freezing your bank accounts and sending garnishment letters to your employer. Luckily I had a joint savings account in a complete separate state they couldn't freeze so I could get them the money! This is a payday loan multiplied by 1000. No matter how desperate you are for money, no matter how hard times get do yourself a favor a beg on the street before going through the hell that this company will put you through. To top it all off after it was finally paid the Lendmark representative stated "do not let this discourage you from attempting to apply for a loan in the future from us". Wow! If I could buy negative stock in a company I would gladly invest!

Lendmark Financial expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 1996, Lendmark Financial Services offers individuals personal loans across the U.S. The company is headquartered in Covington, GA.

• Loan amounts and terms: Lendmark offers loans from $500 to $15,000. Their rates, terms and payments are fixed.

• Convenient application process: Borrowers from Lendmark can apply for a loan online or at a branch.

• Customer service options: Lendmark provides several different customer service options, including e-mail, by phone, or in person at a branch.

• Improve credit: Lendmark reports payments monthly to all three credit reporting agencies so on-time payments may help improve borrowers’ credit scores.

• Best for: Lendmark makes loans for various personal needs such as seasonal expenses, major home repairs, emergencies and debt consolidation.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg