Lendmark Financial

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I got a loan through Lendmark in 2015. In Feb. of 2016 I had a bad fall and was going to be out of work for at least 3 months. I called them right away about this and they took care of my payments while I was off. No hassle whatsoever. I get calls from them all of the time to let me know how much funds I have available to me in case I need to borrow more, and to make sure that I am happy with their service. My husband also has a personal loan through them. Again no problems.

I would NEVER do business with this company. The customer service they provide is beyond farther than the worst I have ever seen. During my "application process", not once did I receive a phone call from anyone, even after leaving several messages for them to call me. I received a letter in the mail 2 weeks later. They are crazy to think I would continue doing business with them. I would rather take my business to another company and pay a higher interest rate, than to ever have them gain me as a customer. I think being made to feel like you are just "another number", would be a step above how I was treated. I am in my mid 30's, and own a very successful real estate title company, and I would NEVER in a million years treat anyone like they treated me. With as many contacts as I have in many areas of the community, I will definitely make sure that everyone I know will know exactly what a terrible company this is to do business with.

I just had my first garnishment to my paycheck without any warnings from Lendmark in Hagerstown, MD. I cosigned with my now ex-boyfriend on a motorcycle that was repossessed. In fact, after them calling me several times, I told them where to find the motorcycle! When I called after the repo and asked if there was a balance, I was told no the balance was zero. I checked my credit report and it said balance of zero. I have checked my credit report several times over the past few years and the Lendmark account for the motorcycle has been zero. Now 4-5 years later with no written letters; no phone calls, I am having my wages garnished! The original loan papers had my address and phone number as I was the primary applicant. My ex-boyfriend was co-applicant as my credit score was much high than his at the time.

When we separated, he kept the motorcycle as it was his. He made the monthly payments until I heard from you that he was behind and you needed to repossess it. When he moved, he apparently changed the account address to his new place of residence, therefore I never received any notifications. I understand I signed the paper and am responsible for the balance but where is Lendmark's responsibility in letting me know there was a balance? You had my address and phone number! I took responsibility and helped you find the motorcycle. I took responsibility and CALLED THEM to see if there was a balance and I was told zero balance! Now instead of the original balance, I owe a lot more due to interest, court costs, and debt collector's fees!!! And you are NOT even garnishing my ex-boyfriend's wages when he is working and living in the Hagerstown/Sharpsburg area!! WHY NOT?? They have his SS number.

You can't tell me they or the debt collecting company can't find him! When I called the Hagerstown Lendmark office and talked to the manger, he was very rude, unprofessional, uncaring, and downright mean! He wouldn't listen to me. He wouldn't let me speak without him interrupting and continually saying "You signed the papers. You're responsible." He kept saying that it didn't matter that the office people told me zero balance. That they must have been looking at the wrong screen. He was raising his voice to me and interrupting me, so I hung up and called your 800 number. Your 800 number person even told me I had A ZERO balance that day!

They switched me over to their lawyer. She was very nice and compassionate. She got my file and looked at it and said she would research it back to the beginning and call me back in an hour. She never called me back but I figured she needed more time to research it. I waited 2 days and finally called her. I was told that she was not in and wouldn't be back till after the weekend. I waited and still have not heard from her. Guess I'll be calling again. STAY away from this company!!

WOW! I just got this email and I had no idea what it was for so I called the number and they told me they couldn't give me any information! She did say my name though, Sharon. She said it came up on her caller ID. Then she told me that my name is not on the account and that they do not have any of my banking information on file! Who can I report these people to???

"Dear Consumer, Thank you for your recent payment(s) request. This is to confirm your authorization for an electronic debit from your funding account payable to Lendmark Financial Services Collect pay on Jun 4, 2016 at 00:00 for the following account(s) that total $121.17. Account Number: **, Confirmation Number: **,

Effective Date: Jun 4, 2016, Payment Amount: $121.17, Fee Payable to Payment Processor: $0.00. The payment(s) will be completed on the effective date or shortly thereafter. In the event the electronic debit to your funding account is returned unpaid, an additional return item fee may be charged, as permitted by applicable law and will be reflected on your statement. If you have any questions, concerns, or require clarification regarding this correspondence, please call 866-413-8340."

I have received calls from Lendmark Financial Services in regard to my magazine subscriptions. They tell me they have my MasterCard on file and everything. The trouble is I have never subscribed to any magazines and I don't want them. When I told her that, she told me she could cancel any renewals on the account but I would still have to pay for the first 20 months. I have been reading some of the other reviews on this company and you need to stay away from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lendmark Financial?

I have received several pre-approved loans from the company Lendmark and each time I apply I am denied. I want to be taken off your mailing list and do not ever contact me again. Pre-approved means pre-approved. I am not going to recommend any of my family or friends to do business with this company. What is the point in sending out pre-approved letters if you are not going to try and help the customers. The closest Lendmark company is in Opelika, Alabama and you can take the pre-approves and shove it. I had a offer code ** valid until April 1, 2016.

Took out a 6000.00 loan in Aug 2015, paid them 5900.00 in Sept.160.00 in Oct. 2015. Called for the balance in Dec and was told 45.20. Paid that thinking loan was paid, I was done with Lendmark. In Jan 2016 I get a bill saying I owe 6500.00. I called to see how this could be possible. They said I had a balance and every month it wasn't paid. I was being charged 216.00 a month in interest, but no one could tell me what my balance was that I was being charged. Very deceptive practice, invoices received never give the actual payoff amount. Consumers beware of this company!

I got a loan with Lendmark back in 2014, they were nice when I went in for my loan (of course), and I never had any issues as I always made payments on time. In November of 2015 I signed up for a debt management program. I have a lot of debt and after exploring my options, this was the best thing for me. It would allow me to continue to pay my creditors something and have money to put into savings. My debt management company called me and stated I needed to call Lendmark because "they had some questions."

So, I gave them a call on a Monday and had to speak to the manager (this is at their Overlea, MD location on Belair Road). From the moment he got on the phone, he was rude. His exact words to me were "Debt management is going to ruin your credit, just so you know. And I'm not enrolling in that program, you make your payments on time, so what good would it do for me?" Yes, I've always attempted to make my payments on time, but I was coming to them to let them know it is now a struggle and I most likely will miss payments, this option would be the best. He again said "I only accept like 5 debt management proposals a month and since you make your payments on time, I'm not accepting it." What a jerk! I've been a loyal paying customer for over a year, and I come to them with an issue and this is how I get treated. I even recommended family to them. NEVER AGAIN! I cannot wait to pay off this loan and be done. The worst, ever.

I visited the location in Kennesaw, GA and got a loan for $4000. And I've paid them a little over $3100 back in a year and not one dollar has went to my principal. So I still owe them $4000. That's **. I didn't sign up for a loan to where they would be charging me 100 percent interest and fees every month. And then if you are 1 day late, they will call you 3 to 4 times a day and leave you voicemails saying that they will sue you if you don't pay them within the next 3 days. So if you need a loan, run away and go to a real bank.

6 months ago I took out a loan of $3,000 for the moving in deposit of my new apt. I was one month late trying to get my new place situated. I am a student pursuing graduate studies. I called to ask for a reduced payment. RUDE! THEY ARE PREDATORY AND EVIL!! Stay away from Lendmark! I fell victim to them! The Lendmark Office is in Frederick, Maryland.

I took a loan with them and was making my payments on time sometimes more than what I was suppose to. For a few months (3) I fell behind a little due to job problems and still kept in contact with them on updates. They took me to court. I caught back up and was making regular payments again to find out they garnished my checks at work. Shady. I tell you go to hell before doing business with them! Or good luck.

Lendmark is predatory lending company. Stay away! I paid my account and was told the funds were applied to another account when I put the account # on the check. The person acted shock when I told her I could get payment history from my bank and the checks had cleared.

I was a customer of theirs for 4 years. Always paid my bills on time and was able to get out from under them. Well I took out a loan and used it against my truck in 2013 to help my now ex-wife get some items to open a bakery. Well all was well... still paying them on time and everything until me and my wife split up. I had to move out of state and start my life all over again and let Lendmark know what was going on and when I find a job I will resume paying the payments I owed them. I thought it was going to be fine because they said it would be fine and since I was a customer for so long that they would cut me some slack.

Well about a month ago I looked outside and saw my truck was gone, without a note nor a warning. I called them to see if I could get my vehicle back and the manager said he would call me the next day. Well I didn't get the call and all I got was a letter saying I lost my truck and it was going to get sold. Today I got a notice in the mail stating I still owe 10 dollars toward my account. I had no idea I wasn't going to be able to get my vehicle back. I got you Lendmark. You are a P.O.S company and I hope you go down in flames.

Lendmark Financial is a shady business and they need to be investigated. I took out a loan because I fell on hard time for a moment. I have paid them on time every month even when I broke my ankle and leg in June 2014 and had no income coming in. I missed one payment in Jan. 2015 because I had just returned to work from my injury and had to catch up on other bills. I made Jan. and Feb. payment the first week of March. Only Jan. payment was late. I hadn't been late since and they sued me for 2000 plus dollars for being late 1 month of ca $113.00 and it's on my credit report as a judgement of default for 2150 and I'm still making payments on time. Please if and is in drowning do not ask Lendmark Financial for help. You will be forever paying them off. 2000 will cost you 5000 after interest has increased.

This is by far the worst business I have ever seen in my life. I have a co-signer on the loan with them and if the payment is one hour late they immediately call, threatening to send the sheriff to her house and garnish her wages at work. My co-signer is an elderly relative who was kind enough to lend me her help and they know that if they call and say the right thing, it will scare her half to death and make her stress about it in order to receive a payment immediately. Absolutely rude and ignorant. I believe that I would rather walk than to have a vehicle financed through these idiots.

1st of all my loan was in Aiken SC and 1 got transferred to North Augusta SC. Loan number got changed without my knowledge. Allison In North Augusta store the manager has harassed me. Showed up at my door threaten to put me out her store as I was trying to understand about payments! They are just downright rude!! If you need money don't go to landmark especially in North Augusta South Carolina.

Due to winter, work was a little scarce. Got behind on payments. Would do my best to make any kind of payment. But ** and some other women at the Easton Maryland office would get ignorant and not want to take my payment. Constantly telling me I needed to pay more! I was trying at least! Today I even tried to make a $100 payment and they told me I needed to pay more and wouldn't even run my payment through my checking account! 2 weeks ago I tried to make an $80 payment and they wouldn't run it! I owe $170, if they took those 2 payments I wouldn't even be behind! Lendmark is full of crap. Tired of 15 calls a day and threatening voice mails!

If you need money go to a bank. This company is terrible. I have paid over $2000.00 on a $5200.00 loan and only 30 dollars has come off of the principal. If they call you, you better pick up right away 'cause 2 minutes later you will get calls from your relatives asking why Lendmark is calling them. When I found myself in a bind and was unable to pay on time, one of the ladies in the Columbus, Georgia branch told me that I would be sued and that 25% of my pay would be garnished. Don't fall into the trap.

I get a card on my door step telling me to call them when all I owe is $170.00. No way someone can do that.

I had a company named Carolina Building to build a run room onto my house in 2010. When they first contacted me about their work, they indicated that the work would be financed and the final company approving the loan was Lendmark Financial. Initially, I was given the final price for the job at $21,000.00. I received my payment notice and made the first payment and subsequent payments at $283.12 per month.

After months of on-time payments, I noticed that my balance was not reducing, so I contacted Lendmark to inquire as to why the balance was not being reduced and was told that the interest was computed daily on the loan and that my payments were being applied to the loan based on the daily interest rate. I was not made aware that the interest was computed daily until I made that call. I later began to make multiple monthly payments in an attempt to reduce the amount owed. The question that I have is how can they charge a daily interest rate on a loan? Is this legal and what are my options?

I have done Business with Lendmark for over 10 years - dozens of loans. NEVER EVER AGAIN. My husband and I were both on loan that we only owed $650 left and we got behind, they had been reaching out to my husband but not me and never ever sent a letter of demand - nothing. I have a Sheriff show up at my office going to garnish my wages. No notification nothing first...No chance to rectify the situation. They said they had left business cards 2 times at my house on door. Just found out they went to my neighbor’s house - she thought it was a solicitation. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GROUP. BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES WITH EXTREMELY HIGH RATES.

I had a loan on my car, and the car got stolen. So I filed a claim with my insurance company which took 35 days before paying back the lien on the car. During that time frame, Lendmark Inc. representative called and threatened me with messages such as: taking me to the court if the payment was not received on that particular day; sending their lawyer to my house to collect their money, etc. After they got paid, Lendmark charged my account with exorbitant penalties and never notified me about any calculations. This company is not honest with their customers, can't provide good customer service over the phone at this particular location: Dundalk, Maryland. Do not make any deal at this location.

My husband's account was charged off some years ago. We waited for them to come get the truck or attempt to collect on the account. 5 years later, we called them and asked them to come get the truck and were told that they didn't want the truck. My husband asked what it would take to get the title and was told $1,100.00. We sold the truck for that amount and left messages for the manager, Chris, to call us back for 2 days. When we did get him, we were told it would be $1650.00 to get the title. I would highly recommend that you not do business with this company.

We agreed to and signed papers for the "Owner" of Home Improvement Services, Roofing and Construction at 1951 Porter Lake Drive, Ste A, Sarasota, FL 34240 back in mid 2011. Roof was installed and work performed was excellent. We quickly realized that the roofer/owner did not actually finance the loan himself as discussed but one of his "Umbrella" companies did. They were called Lendmark Financial Services out of Baltimore, Maryland. Then September 25, 2013, we received a letter informing us that "Lendmark Financial Services" which was called "Lendmark Home Improvement Lending" on this new letterhead (never before seen on any of our other bills) was now called BB&T Home Improvement Dealer Services and to send our payments to them (BB&T) at POB 44740, Baltimore Maryland 21236-6740 or overnight to 8007 Corporate Drive, Ste D, Baltimore, MD 21236, signed by a Tom Brungart VP of Operations. Phone number listed had changed from 410-238-3100 in year 2012 to 443-425-3380 or 866-374-5933 as of 9/2013.

Both Lendmark and BB&T bill statements reflect these last two phone numbers. However when called NO ONE ANSWERS!!! You receive a recorded message that BB&T Home Improvement Dealer Services was formerly Lendmark and that their hours are Monday thru Friday 9AM to 5PM and to try your call again later. I looked up BB&T Home Improvement Dealer Services and found "THE DEALERS" have their own phone number for BB&T so I called 1-888-411-2258 and after a 42 minute wait time talked to a representative who reluctantly and irritatedly looked up our loan, would not assist me as she stated "I was not on the loan" so I put my husband on the phone as she could see the data in her system with the loan and his name on it.

She demanded (now quite nasty) that he give her his SS# and he verified everything she needed to help him. However after his doing that, she then informed him he "HAD TO CALL A BONNIE ** at 770-761-0096". I called that phone number and it had been disconnected. We humans are bought and sold everyday in this Country where we supposedly have the greatest freedom and rights. No one asks us if we are OK with someone else buying our debts and becoming our personal debt collectors, so when this happens it becomes very, very scary when the people who bought you do not apparently exist or have to actually earn your business by answering their phones. BB&T is a very large company and this is inexcusable! Do not do business with them or Lendmark.

I borrowed $2500 in 2005, which resulted in owing a balance of $3744.72 with the finances that should have been paid off 2008. I contacted Lendmark wanting to know why this bill is not a zero balance by now. I was informed that I took a new loan out on November 19, 2008 in the amount of $1500.03, which Lendmark transferred $2668.06 of the prior loan to this amount which resulted in owing $6,667.29 with finances included. I have no record of this loan being activated in my possession and several questions to this contract that's shocking to me.

I received a statement that said my payment amount and the balance were the same. I made the payment. The following month, I received a statement that indicated a zero balance and zero due and zero charges. The following month, I received a statement that said zero balance, zero due and a 10% late fee charge. There was a billing error on THEIR part and they expect me to pay for it and they are threatening to ruin my credit report. Customer Service was inept and clueless. I asked them to send a corrected statement and that seems to be beyond their capabilities. AVOID this lender. I was forced to use them by the merchant and I will no longer be doing business with the merchant since the only choice for paying is using this third rate lender.

I placed an application with Lendermark with a clear title as collateral. I called to check the status. The manager said everything looked good. I waited two days, called back & the representative or clerk said they still had not submitted my application to the approval dept. She forgot to call me. Two days & still no answer after they had pulled my credit.

I bought a product from a company that provided an interest free loan for 12 months. Then I got my first bill from Lendmark. The bill reflected $5000 more than what I owe. It angered me so that I called the company I purchased from. "Yes, we have been told about this, that's just the way they do their statements," was my response from them. ?? What! My first (and Only) call to them regarding this was that they "had a right to." I started researching and found this site. I am still paying on this loan and today made a payment for 3/4 of the loan. I will be a little late w/ other bills but paying this off and ridding myself of Lendmark is in my best interest. It will be in your best interest too! Beware.

These people have no heart. Even if you show them your best intentions to pay, and pay no matter what, they will play dirty, scare you. Stay away. If there is a list to the worst companies, this could be number 1. These people are bad persons with dark hearts who play dirty. Look at their interest, who will pay that for a loan? Only "me", see how they treat you at the beginning and then see how they will treat you a few more months after. Again stay away! Not all that shines are diamonds. They are evil.

I bought a 2003 Ford Expedition on February 14, 2012 from an individual. My lender sent his lender a check by certified mail for me to buy this vehicle. The check got to the lender holding the title on a Saturday. This lender did not go to the post office to get this letter, thus, it was returned to my lender. My lender overnight FedEx the letter back to Lendmark Financial. Lendmark is holding the title for 15 days and will not release it until March 12, 2012 supposedly due to company policy. By law, I have to have some type of a registration on this vehicle within seven days. How do I register this vehicle without the title? It is now past the 30 days time period and now I will have to pay a penalty to properly register the vehicle I bought. I do not feel that I should be penalized because of somebody else's incompetence, arrogance or stupidity. I feel that my lender has followed the necessary procedures. I have done what I was necessary but Lendmark has deliberately put me in a bind on this vehicle. I can't even drive it without proper registration and now I have a payment due on a vehicle I can't drive.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

Founded in 1996, Lendmark Financial Services offers individuals personal loans across the U.S. The company is headquartered in Covington, GA.

• Loan amounts and terms: Lendmark offers loans from $500 to $15,000. Their rates, terms and payments are fixed.
  • Convenient application process: Borrowers from Lendmark can apply for a loan online or at a branch.
  • Customer service options: Lendmark provides several different customer service options, including e-mail, by phone, or in person at a branch.
  • Improve credit: Lendmark reports payments monthly to all three credit reporting agencies so on-time payments may help improve borrowers’ credit scores.
  • Best for Lendmark makes loans for various personal needs such as seasonal expenses, major home repairs, emergencies and debt consolidation.

Compare Personal Loans