1.22/5

Looking for a loan company?

Lendmark Financial

Looking for a loan company?

95 Lendmark Financial Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Whoever reading this I do not recommend this company. This company should be banned and placed out of business. It's a wicked company. I have a 690 credit score. Went to them to get an interest rate of 26%. Please stay away from them. Always remember on the bottom of your contract where the paper is folded reads: RATE OF INTEREST: Read it carefully.... It's the SCAM written in small writing. Please don't trust their clerks. Columbus, Ga.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I have had my truck financed through Lendmark for about 1.5 years. I should have heeded the warning signs the day I signed the loan docs and my down payment went up $850. Some nonsense about a manager somewhere nobody ever heard of made that call. Okay, no big whoop I needed the truck for work and I got a great deal on it. Next though they started taking my payment from my account a day early, then two days until I called their district chump and told him that it violated the Truth in Lending act and rather than stop, I was forced to remove their ability to do any more in the future. Then I got sick, really sick and started making my payment late some months by about a week.

Well, now they call, and call, and call some more. In fact my payment was due Monday it's now Friday and I've had the money for a couple of days. Today is actually the last working day of the month and during Monday's call she really wanted to make sure I had it in by Friday... Hmm, I wonder why? Could it be her pay is based somehow on everyone getting their payments in? So like I said, it's now Friday and the day's almost over 3:30pm and they have called me 4 times so I'm thinking I'll pay it Monday.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

We have had a loan with Lendmark Financial for 2 years. Through those 2 years, we had some financial hardships, but worked hard and got caught back up on payments. Everything is current. This morning I received a call to inform me that our 2 accounts had payments that were due for August. I tell the rep that payday is tomorrow and I will be making payment on one loan tomorrow and one loan on the 15th of next month. Mind you, the due date for the loan I will make payment on the 15th, is due August 21. The rep tells me that that particular account is past due 1.5 months. So I go online to pull up our account and it is actually 6 days past due. 6. She told me a month and a half. Even if I pay on the 15th of next month, it isn't even 30 days behind.

She tells me that we need to try to avoid going through the courts system and having my husband's wages garnished. The account isn't even a month past due!! So, I called back and pointed out their blatant lie. Of course that makes the rep mad, because she knew that we know she lied! That's ok, though, bc in December, we will be getting a large payout from an estate and we will be paying them off. I will tell everyone I know NOT to deal with Lendmark and will be filing a BBB complaint.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I wish I would have read these reviews before using this company. They are crooks and will rip you off. I got a loan for a 2001 Honda Accord and somehow this loan has ballooned to over $8000. They will take your money and not credit your account. I am doing my best to figure a way out of this because I have been paying them $300 for five years and still owe $8000.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My daughter took out a loan to pay off credit card debt. Her loan was for 7500. She paid 200 dollars a month for 4 years. She ran into financial hardship and asked to company to work with her. She wrote a letter of hardship which they requested. They denied her a payment plan and began to harass her daily. They harassed her family. When we had the opportunity to talk them they were very rude and it was impossible to get a word in. They went to court and got a judgment. They have put a permanent hold on her bank account.

Any funds that go in belongs to to the lender until 7500 is paid even though she already paid 5000 to the company. The interest rate keeps ballooning and you never make progress on the loan. My daughter has no income now. She only works part time and is a caretaker for her Grandmother who has dementia. This company preys on people with bad credit. The loans they give have insane terms. Lendmark has essentially destroyed my daughter's life. Save yourself. They are cruel loan sharks. I hope this helps someone to not go through this nightmare. I should mention that Karen in the office in Virginia hung up on me twice. She never sent a notice that they were putting a permanent hold on her bank account. She refused to send my daughter any copies pertaining to the judgment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lendmark Financial?

Original review: July 17, 2019

It was easier for me to acquire my home loan from another company than it was the auto loan. After about 1 and half years into the loan I had experienced some personal hardship and financial hardship and attempted to refinance the loan and I was told to go pound salt. Well not in those words. Just the company would NOT work with me and wife to make my situation easier. I strongly do NOT recommend this company!!!!

Original review: July 22, 2019

The people I have dealt with at the local office have been fine. The rates and fees have been horrible. I needed a car badly and used the car dealer to finance my car. The dealer used Lendmark loan company, etc. I will do my best to never have to get in the position of using a consumer loan company ever again.

Original review: April 12, 2018

This is the Everett, WA location.... Haven't gotten a real statement in a year because they switched to another billing company. You never know what your balance is because the statement says just states what the monthly payment is and nothing about your previous payments. Really? You haven't figured this out in over a years time? They also haven't reported to the credit bureaus in over a year! In a year's time I made 9 payments plus had a 2 month deferment and my balance has only gone down $130. When questioned, "How is that even possible?" I was told, "Late fees." Well late fees are only 10% of your payment so mine was $19. No one had EVER said anything about a late fee when I schedule a payment over the phone, just a monthly payment.

Don't let them fool you. They pretend they care but they're just out to make a quick buck. Jeff the branch manager is actually pleasant to deal with. Chad, he reminds me of a used car salesman, slimy and only out for his commission check. Misty, the most condescending, unprofessional, threatening ** I've ever talked to or heard talk to a customer. I see why people hang up on her. And don't ever be late - they call daily, sometimes three times a day, even after you set up payment arrangements. To top it all off, I just saw on my credit report, it says my account is closed. Of course I asked WHY when I still have a balance and am still making payments? I've filed complaints with the BBB, AG, and FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act). I cannot wait until this account is paid off and be done with these shady characters!!

Original review: June 29, 2019

I have had a loan with them for years. Never a late payment, the payments are automatically deducted from my checking account on the due date. Where it turns nasty is when you try to make extra payments to pay off early. They turned rude and even refused to take my payment. The manager wouldn’t even return my calls. Calling their home office is no help either. In other words, they could care less about you if they aren’t making the maximum profit off of you. Stay away!!

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have been looking to consolidate a few of my debts into one payment and had received information from Lendmark. When I went into the local office here in Flowood, MS to discuss my options, the staff was nice but struggled to communicate or provide any knowledge regarding the terms of the loan. While it is advertised as an unsecured loan, they asked if I had any items of value (which they didn’t bother educating me why they wanted that information). It wasn’t until I saw the paperwork (keep in mind, without my consent) I find out they wanted to use my personal items to secure their “non-secured” loan. They also proceeded to tell me I would be required to purchase their ancillary coverage to protect my personal belongings, but have signage in multiple areas of the office stating all ancillary coverage is optional and not required on any loan.

I am fully aware their interest rates are higher due to having a more high risk clientele vs. a bank, but many fees aside from interest still couldn’t be explained. I feel extremely confident I made the right decision by not doing business with this company. Make sure you always ask questions, and don’t settle for the first option or answers that don’t make sense.

Lendmark Financial expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 1996, Lendmark Financial Services offers individuals personal loans across the U.S. The company is headquartered in Covington, GA.

• Loan amounts and terms: Lendmark offers loans from $500 to $15,000. Their rates, terms and payments are fixed.

• Convenient application process: Borrowers from Lendmark can apply for a loan online or at a branch.

• Customer service options: Lendmark provides several different customer service options, including e-mail, by phone, or in person at a branch.

• Improve credit: Lendmark reports payments monthly to all three credit reporting agencies so on-time payments may help improve borrowers’ credit scores.

• Best for: Lendmark makes loans for various personal needs such as seasonal expenses, major home repairs, emergencies and debt consolidation.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg