Find a Loan Companies partner

2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

1.3/5 (121 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Lendmark Financial

Lendmark Financial Services offers financial solutions such as debt consolidation, financing and secured or unsecured loans. The company has some services available online, but its local branches provide a full range of services. To find out more about Lendmark Financial’s loans, rates and terms, visit the company’s website.

Pros

• Fixed payments and rates
  • More than 300 local branches
  • Pay online or using mobile app

Cons

• Must contact representative for terms
  • Lack of information on website

Bottom Line

Lendmark Financial Services offers personal loans, auto financing and debt consolidation. It advertises fixed rates and terms, but the website doesn’t provide details. Contact a branch for specific information.

Top Lendmark Financial Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We have been more than comfortable with the assistance of the Branch Manager, Sarah F ** and office staff in Santee. The unexpected financial crisis, we need money and they solved...

Verified

I am on my third loan with Lendmark… I was in and out within the hour with check in hand. I make my payments on time and pay extra most of the time… I would highly recommend them...

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

What is Lendmark?

Lendmark Financial Services is a finance service that helps people with less than optimal credit. The company offers personal loans, auto loans and debt consolidation. Lendmark finds the best loan for your situation, whether you need funds for medical care, a vacation, monthly bills or home renovations.

The company also helps with auto financing, whether the vehicle is new or used. If you’re carrying high interest debt with multiple creditors, Lendmark helps consolidate it into a single monthly payment. Loans have fixed terms, rates and payments that vary based on your financial and credit profile.

How does Lendmark Financial work?

You can apply for loans from Lendmark Financial online. If you’re approved, you must go to a branch to sign paperwork and receive your money.

Once you have your loan, you can make payments online, at any branch or using the company’s mobile app. Lendmark Financial accepts cash, personal or cashier's checks, money orders and debit cards. The company allows prepayment on your loan, so you can pay more than the monthly minimum.

Lendmark interest rates

Lendmark Financial does not provide interest rates on the website. To get an idea of your interest rate, monthly payment and other information, fill out the form on its website or contact a company representative directly. Lendmark’s loan amounts range from $500 to $25,000, though any loan of more than $8,000 requires collateral.

Lendmark Financial Services FAQ

Does Lendmark check credit?
Yes, Lendmark checks credit. It also reports monthly to Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
Is it easy to get a loan through Lendmark?
Lendmark advertises a simple process to apply for a loan. Customers fill out an online form and must visit their local branch to sign documents and receive money if approved.
Who owns Lendmark Financial Services?
First Liberty Bank initially owned Lendmark. First Liberty and its subsidiaries were acquired by Branch Banking & Trust Company in 2000. In 2013, BB&T sold Lendmark to a private equity firm, the Blackstone Group, in New York.
How do I pay my Lendmark bill online?
Lendmark allows customers to pay online. Payment can be made through the company’s website or the mobile app.
How much can you borrow from Lendmark?
Minimum loan sizes vary depending on location. The maximum unsecured loan available is $8,000. Customers can receive higher loans, but Lendmark requires collateral for loans of that amount.
Can Lendmark garnish wages?
Lendmark may be able to garnish wages. This will only be the case if it wins a lawsuit against you and gets a court order. The amount varies based on your state laws.

Is Lendmark Financial legit?

While the company offers fixed rates and terms, Lendmark Financial’s lack of transparency regarding the financial terms of its loans makes it difficult for customers to know if this company is right for them. Before deciding whether you want to pursue a loan with Lendmark Financial, make sure you contact a branch and discuss your needs with a representative directly to better understand what Lendmark Financial can offer you.

Lendmark Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lendmark Financial?

Original review: July 29, 2021

Don’t believe the emails sent saying you can increase your limit. You can’t. You have to wait so much time even tho emails are going out saying you can get more. Liars. They say it’s a glitch in the system even tho it coming from the branch manager.

Original review: June 25, 2021

Got a loan for a car. Was on time every month for 7 months. Decided to pay off the loan 6400$. Went back a month later to get another loan and was denied. The only reason they get 1 star is bc there isn't an option for 0 stars. I've had loans with 10 banks over the years. By far this is the worse place.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2021

ZERO STARS!!! ZEEEEROOOOO!!!! Orlando FL branch....Don't recall the lady that convinced me initially to "refinance" my loan at a lower rate for a shorter time period. I stupidly believed her convincing nothing would change in the payments and it would help me pay back the loan sooner, and signed without being more cautious knowing they already screwed my account up several times in the past. After many months of trying to get help to log on to the website/my account (they entered incorrect info for me so I can't even reset my password for over a year now), I finally today obtained a copy of my credit report showing I was refinanced with an extra year added at the same payment rate!!!!

My interest rate was to be lowered significantly and payment the same, or very near the same, to pay off sooner. But, they did the opposite. Now I'm stuck with it!!!! My loan should be extremely close to paid off, if not already paid off. I had to make the man covering for lady that suckered me (name I'm not allowed to post but he's Spanish and name starts with "L") redo my paperwork numerous times while I was in their office signing new paperwork. I obviously still missed something in only reviewing the corrected page(s) rather than entire document again when it was reprinted.

Same dude emailed my bosses email address after I spelled and said my correct email to him, emphasizing MANY times that it must go to said address only and be sure that the last word is in the email address and spelled correctly. Well, nope....my boss ripped me a new ** the next morning because he received my documents that would supposedly yet again "help me" (**-it was to defer for 3 months, adding to end of loan with interest). This guy pays no attention to anything he says/does or you do/say! I can't even believe the number of times I had to spell and say my email address and he still didn't write it completely down and almost got me fired!!! I'm so ready to never pay them again and let it demolish my credit for a while because of their incompetence and trickery.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Lendmark lied to me telling me that they would refinance my loan and it wouldn't destroy my credit but they did refinance the loan and wiped out all previous payment history that was good and on time, dropped my credit score 37 points, and when I called to ask what happened, and why did they not tell me of this effect on my credit, they hung up on me. Avoid these sharks at all costs, they are predatory lenders indeed.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Easy to get a loan, and qualified for more than other companies, but I should have known it was too good to be true. They gladly say there's 10 day grace period on payments, but call to harass you every day, and threaten garnishment. No heart for death in family, or hard times. Rude management. Be aware interest is added DAILY, and you pay it first.. They don't tell you upfront that if you pay in your grace period, your extra interest (fine?) can take your entire payment leaving you further behind. No heart at all. Predatory lender, would not recommend to an enemy.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I had a two year loan that I paid off in seven months. The account was closed and paid in full on September 1st. On September 14th an unauthorized payment was taken from my bank account after the account at Lendmark Financial was closed. On the 14th when I inquired about it for two days their representatives did not know why the payment was taken out. Then on day three explain that IT said the August 29th payment was not taken from my acc't. Now, when I called in on the first of September to pay and close my account I was given my balance and my payoff amount. I paid it off which should have included the August unpaid balance that they neglected to take out. So how in the hell 13 days after the account was paid in full and closed can they go back and take the August payment out of my bank account on Sept 14th? Never again!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Believe the negative reviews about this company. I am living it. They have me paying 36% interest on a 5500 dollar auto loan which is going to cost me about 12 grand if I don’t pay off early. They are always trying to hide everything from you even in your monthly statements. Granted my credit is not the best but that does not mean I deserve to get taken for a ride by this company. None of us deserve it.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Had a loan through Lendmark that was paid off completely and on time. Instead of showing on my credit report that the account was "paid off" they reported it as being "closed" which dropped my credit score by 19 points. Any loan, credit card or any type of line of credit that shows "closed" negatively impacts your credit score. No other lending company that I've researched reports this way...only Lendmark. I have filed several complaints through their website with no response. Lending companies are there to help build credit if you follow their payback guidelines. Not Lendmark! Stay away from them if you want better credit instead of worse!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I contacted the branch in Charlotte, North Carolina on Concord Mills Blvd. I spoke to a person named Fredrika ** who initially set everything up over the phone. I went to the branch to sign the necessary papers and collect the check. When I got there, she gave me the documents to sign. She wanted me to sign up for automatic payments, which I did not want to do. She stated that’s their preferred method to collect payments. Again, I stated I did not want to do that. She seemed to have gotten an attitude about me declining and then mentioned signing for some insurance that would cover the loan if I could not pay it back. I asked her if this was free and she replied, “It comes with the loan”. I then stated, “So it’s included in the $8000 loan?”, to which she replied, “Yes”. So I foolishly signed it, not reading over it carefully. Then she gave me another document to sign that offered roadside assistance, which I also did not want.

She told me where to sign, as if it was to decline the offer, and again I signed. I took the check and copy of my contract and left, as I was in a hurry due to having business to conduct. Over the weekend, I registered my account online so I could make payments easily and I made a $450 payment, even though it wasn’t due for about 2 weeks. After registering, I noticed my principal balance was $9818, which was $1818 over the amount I borrowed. When Monday morning came, I contacted the branch to ask why my principal amount wasn’t the $8000 I borrowed. The person I spoke to said I signed up for the insurance they offered. I told her that Ms. ** told me it was free and that it came with the loan. I was then told that was incorrect. It will cost the additional $1818 over the life of the loan. I said I wanted it removed immediately.

I was then transferred to the branch manager whose name is Tiffany. She promptly removed the insurance and I was given documentation proving that. She told me what my new principal balance was, which was still $100 over the amount I borrowed, even after making the payment I made over the weekend. I asked why and she said I was also signed up for the roadside assistance program, which costs an additional $500. I told the manager that I declined that when it was offered. She said I would have to get in touch with the provider of the service to get my money back, stating they would mail me a check.

I contacted the provider and she canceled my account and is having a check mailed to me. The person who set up my account and gave me the documents to sign lied to my face, and had me signing for things she knew I did not want. What’s really sad, is that I was told this person was about to be the head of a branch and that she was in training for it. I will never deal with this person again and her blatant dishonesty reflects bad on Lendmark. I take partial blame because although I was in a hurry, I should have read over what I was about to sign carefully instead of trusting in someone’s integrity. That’s a mistake I’ll never make again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

My husband and I used Lendmark for a loan and put up the title to his truck as collateral. We just finished paying off the loan in full and they are refusing to give us the title back. The Thomasville office is closed supposedly due to COVID-19. We were routed to Tifton office and the lady was rude about it and said we just have to wait until they opened back up and let us know there was nothing we can do about it. We called corporate and the lady at corporate was even worse. She even stated none of this is their fault and they are following government rules. If closing is part of what the government said then why is Tifton open?

They lie to your face. She was extremely rude and it made my husband even more mad and he told her he was going to call his lawyer just for the simple fact of them refusing to release his title after we now have a zero balance with them. She just laughed at him and told him him “Yeah okay. You do that. I know you won’t,” and hung up the phone. I’m sick of this virus being an excuse. From what I read they are harassing people for their money, but they are refusing to do their own job. We had to hurry up and pay them off; otherwise we would have never paid them off with how they rip people off. Which is our fault for using them, but NEVER again!!!

Lendmark Financial Company Information