1.14/5
  • 1 star
Based on 51 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Looking for a loan company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Lendmark Financial

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

52 Lendmark Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

After paying off my loan and waiting over 2 months for the title, I have to call them to ask when I will receive my title. They INSIST that the loan was not paid off. After having to speak OVER the person on the other end of the line they decide to actually hear me and come to realize that someone made a mistake on their end... Seriously, take a minute and listen to the customer before you spout off with useless information that is incorrect. I could have been understanding about a clerical error, but NOT about the customer service that jumped to conclusions without hearing what was being said. NEVER AGAIN!!! Title will be sent out via FedEX Monday. Never should have happened this way.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I don't like this company at all. They won't take the time to see what other options a person has and nobody from the main office will call you back and not only that they have a rude and attitude manager that works there. I am like this other people in the world. They are not a good company. Cause if they was they would find a way to get people business but that is not going to happen. And I also don't like it cause they won't use my boyfriend income even though it is cash but his boss can verify that he works for him.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 25, 2017

Lendmark Financial here in Claremont California - Branch Manager could never properly explain why even with ON TIME Payments my original loan amount never decreased. Yes, I did fall behind when I was in a bind- however, I got caught up. I told her even when I was caught up I looked at my receipt after making a payment and only $50 went to the principal and $156 went to interest. She was upset and continued to say but "when you were behind"... I said I wasn't at the time of the payment.

I spoke with her - co worker who tried to ask if "I wanted to re-finance" and if I needed some extra cash - most likely $100??? And start from scratch for a 5 year LOAN?? Really?? When the payments made NEVER go toward the principal? They are quick to send a letter to take you to court - Maybe BBB needs to realize these complaints from SPRINGLEAF/LENDMARK FINANCIAL consumers, and maybe we all should show up in court to fight these illegal practices from this company. I will NEVER use this company again.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I have a recorded conversation with Scott verifying a final payment to settle/retire a loan. That payment was made via ACH during the recorded conversation. One week later Scott calls to inform me that more is owed to settle/retire the loan. The folks at Lendmark are clueless and unprofessional. The shop itself is nothing more than a predatory loan shark. Do not do business with them. My lawsuit will cost more than the judgment I'll win but worth it to close down this illegitimate business.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I paid off my car loan. Then waited approximately 45 days to receive the title. I never did and the manager I had talk to was not in. So, I went to the main Department of Revenue (on a Friday) to obtain the title. Once I got there I was told Lendmark had it. Then I found out it was in the manager's desk drawer! I asked them to overnight it to me because I had been waiting for the title in order to sell the car. They waited until Monday to overnight it to me!

No sense of urgency with this company. But, they certainly want their money on time! I will never use them again!!! I contacted the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint against them and they never responded to them. BEWARE they are not with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, nor have to answer to them. They want your money but they provide VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

UPDATE ON 07/10/2017: I reported earlier the misfortune I had with Lendmark sending my title. To make matters worse, I just found out they sent the wrong title. They all of a sudden found a more up-to-date title, after I called to say the Department of Motor Vehicles would not accept the title for the new owner to register the vehicle. I was livid!! They never bothered to send the right title. They do not need to be in business. The manager blamed it on poor staff. She is part of the poor staff!! Her name is Amy... Only do business with Lendmark if you want heart-ache and PROBLEMS!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lendmark Financial?

Original review: June 14, 2017

I took out a loan for a dire emergency with Lendmark. Everything was going well until I fell into a hardship situation. I even know the employees that work for the local branch I went to in Collinsville, VA. We worked together at another finance company previously. Lendmark employees went into my checking account on 3 occasions without my permission and took out money. I had them blocked at the bank and called the local office & was told by the manager she actually heard the conversation with myself & the employees. I advised that was a blatant lie & I wanted to hear the recording. Never was I allowed to. So I stopped paying until I could speak with the corp. office who has yet to respond to my calls & letter. Now I have been threatened with legal action. So guess I will be contacting myself an attorney. I would NEVER recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 25, 2017

My payment is due on the 20th and I wasn't going to have the money until the 2nd of the next month. She said she would not wait for me to pay it then so I ask or what and she would not give me a direct answer. So I directly ask her if she was going to take my truck or what and would not give me a direct answer. She said that I could write them a check and it would not go through my bank until the 2nd of the next month. I told her that I did not want to do that because if they send it through it would cost me a 29 dollar overdraft fee on my account. Her response was that it was better than lawyer fees which I took as a threat. Refused to answer questions that I ask her and only want to have me listen to her and not say a word.

Then she told me that if my payment was one day late they could take my truck so I ask her if that's what they was going to do and she refused to give me a straight answer. I know they have to try and keep things on time but things happen and they could charge a crap load of charges and the interest rate is ungodly. I would like to change my account to my local bank and tell this woman to stick it. Just because she is new and power hungry does not mean that she has to be a witch.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Called Lendmark today to see what my payoff would be. Tells me price higher than what is showing on statement. Apparently when you make a payment they only take off interest and not whole payment. Does not make any sense. Also tried to make half payment put one time and was told they could only accept whole amount and by end of month.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I consolidated a previous loan with these sharks. We did the loan in 2016 November. We came into money and decided to get rid of this burden at 32%. Tried to pay it off over the phone and no help. Tried online and wouldn't let me. Loan was 5 thousand and we went through futile attempts to pay it off. Now we need to drive 57 miles to get rid of it. Unscrupulous and dishonest. Steer clear they are loan sharks! Next step Consumers Affairs!

Original review: March 11, 2017

I go in with half a payment and tell them I be back to pay the rest; but won't take half; they want whole. They say they don't care about being broke. I tell them, "I have stuff come up will you work with me?" They say, "No," and charged me $1500 for a $1200 bunk bed. I tell them my money gotten short and my wife left me. They just laugh at me and threaten to take me to court. I told them I pay half and they want take it at all. But I overheard them taking half from another customer. They always laugh at me for no reason. Just because I got behind on the bill one month don't mean I won't pay, but half; but they laugh at me and tell I don't need food. They need food and their money. They don't care if I break down. They are always laughing at me.

Original review: March 8, 2017

I had the worse time with the Lendmark and the lawyer office Fradkin and Weber whom they sent my judgment too. I tried to pay them and they did not know when and where the letter was going to be sent, they held my bank account for over 30 days when I tried to pay them, their staff did not know how to answer the questions that they should have been trained on, my bank tried to help them retrieve my funds and they did not know how to. I can keep on and on. This has been the worse experience of my life!!! No one should have a judgment against them but if you are trying to correct it and you are dealing with a company that does not understand how to collect the debt, never borrow money from them!!! I will call a family member or a stranger before I use their services again.

Original review: March 8, 2017

I got a loan from them out of absolute necessity when they were Springleaf. Lendmark has purchased them. Now I am in a position to pay the loan down if not pay it completely. When I called about a payoff amount, I was told that it was practically identical to my balance. In other words, for me to pay them off I have to pay off the entire balance.

Most of the time, with a loan, if you pay it off early, you aren't required to pay all of the interest that would be accrued if you paid it off for the full duration of the loan. Apparently, these people don't operate like this. Like everyone else said, they put up a good front. They seem professional and legit but these are predatory lenders who prey on people in need. Stay away or prepare to be taken advantage of. And, I would have rated this zero stars had that been an option.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Was not properly advised of what was being done. I was looking to get my current loan up to date and called to discuss my options. I was told I could get some additional money and was asked how much I wanted. I said an $1000 so they did what they had to do and called and told me I was approved. So I go to the office to sign the paperwork and had told them I was in a rush. So I was sat down and was given the paper to sign got my check and went back to my office. The next day I had the opportunity to sit down and read my terms of the loan and saw that I was being charged like $2700 more. So I said I would call them later that week.

The next few days went by and I received a letter from some insurance company and Lendmark saying that I had order this additional insurance coverage and that why was charged more for the loan. It also said I had 30 days to cancel it. I called the office and was told yeah they did add this coverage for me and I asked when was that disclosed to me. Nevertheless, I told them I wanted to cancel it and then I was told I can but I would still be charged that amount on my loan. So my choice was either give the money to some insurance company or take the additional cash for my loan. So me asking for an additional $1000 I ended up getting additional $3700 loan. To me this was a sham and I was tricked into taking out a higher loan amount than what I asked for. So now I'm thinking about filing bankruptcy because I didn't agree to this and then didn't have any way out of the dollar amount. Take my advised and stay away from this company.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

Collection harassment at its finest: I have a loan through Lendmark Financial (Baltimore Maryland) and will encourage any & everyone to BEWARE of their collection practices. I've contacted the FTC about their collection and harassment practices and got an intent to sue letter the next day for an account that was not even 30 days past due. They call faithfully to your home, cell, or employer requesting a payment, including one day after the due date, although they have a grace period for payments.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

These people are very unprofessional. They contacted me about getting a loan through them so we go through all the information on the phone then they ask me to give them collateral so we go through that process. At the end the guy tells me he has to go talk to his manager real quick. He will be right back. He comes back and states that they don't want to work with me. Everything on my credit is current. I had a period from when I got out of the military that hurt me because nobody would hire me due to disability from me getting hurt overseas.

During this time I could not work so me and my family had a rough 1 1/2 years of bills and just trying to survive. I waited that long for my claim to go through the VA but I tell this guy this and he says "well that's not our fault you could not pay your bills because you was hurt." I said "oh really. You feel that way about the disabled military veterans." He just laughed and hung up the phone. I will do everything I can to take customers or potential future customers away from them.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Jeff at the Rocky Mount NC location near Walmart has a serious attitude problem. He tries to intimidate and scared people into making payments when you're not even 60 days late. He leaves voice-mails that I frankly don't think is appropriate but I guess LENDMARK does. Again I'm talking about my experience with Jeff. Glenn has been excellent so far. Will keep you all updated about this branch/location.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I had no choice dealing with this company. I had to get a new furnace and my heating and AC company deals with this company. My original purchase was in the neighborhood of $5500, however, even though I officially owe around $4200 right now, my statement says I owe around $7600. When I called a few times to have this changed, they not only saw nothing wrong with it, they said they were 'unable' to change it. When I mentioned how this inaccurately displays on my credit report as owning more than I technically do, they didn't care.

Besides that, I have fallen behind 2 payments and have been nonstop threatened (to 'go to the attorney's office'), harassed (call taker being unpleasant, rude, and demanding), lied to (called multiple occasions and then they couldn't find a record of the conversation, was told that I would only need to pay $7.58 for the monthly payment to keep my account only 1 month behind but the following week was told that whoever I spoke to was incorrect and therefore that payment didn't mean anything, and they continued to harass me), get disturbing letters about collections when it was only a few days past due, etc... I've been late on other things and have never been treated so poorly!!

For instance, just now, I received a call from them demanding payment today. I actually believe they are putting words in my mouth. I said I would get a paycheck Feb 10th and believe I made it clear that I want to pay this bill but that I don't have the money this exact day. She said that if I didn't pay it today that it would 'go to the attorney's office'.

You know, if you want to work for collections, the best way of doing your job would be to WORK WITH your customers, not bully or harass them. I know I owe this money and I'm sorry I was unemployed for 7 months by being laid off, and I'm trying to pay it off. If I call in and WORK OUT payment arrangements, don't call me the next week with a completely different story and then throw it in my face when I can't pay it. I would NEVER, EVER use this company again! They should be ashamed of their conduct (I've spoken to several people at Lendmark Financial). Now come to this site - I see I'm not the only one! My interest rate is around 28% and they 'offered' to refinance my loan to 35%. Do they think I'm stupid?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I got a loan from Lendmark Financial in 2011 for 5000. After paying on the loan for almost 4 years, I requested a payoff because I assumed I was almost finished paying. I was told that after paying for 4 years I still owe just about what I borrowed $4980. They told me that all my payments went to interest and late fees. I attempted to settle for $4,000 but they would not accept it. They would not negotiate with me at all.

After a few months, they filed a judgment. At court, I asked the attorney if I could settle the account again for $4,000. He told me he would take it back to the Creditor and get back to me. I called him and never heard back. This company also has other companies that will mail you letters stating that they are trying to assist you but they actually work with Lendmark I believe. Two months after the Judgment was filed, I got a wage garnishment. This company is a crook and should be put out of business. It's a shame that consumers have no rights in matters like this. I believe in capitalism but this is ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

Lendmark Financial is a company I would not recommend to anyone. I fell late on my payments and now I have to appear in court. Lendmark filed a civil suit to collect on a payoff that should be less, they filed because I was 60 days behind. This is poor customer service but they have an arbitration clause in their contact to help resolve any disputes that they are clearly violating if they are taking people to civil court. Something should be done to companies that use the court system to try and scare people into paying. No one wants to fall behind in paying their bill. It's just sometimes things happen that you have no control over. Then you have companies like this that uses this against you.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Let me start off by saying that I always try to avoid predatory lending but this company puts on a good front. It looks like they are legit with a decent office and some sort of affiliation with BB&T Bank. If you can take any advice about finding a loan (no matter what your financial situation is or credit score) do not go here! They have high interest rates and constantly want to refinance your loan to trap you. After about six month of paying they will send and call with offers to get an additional amount of money so they can trap you in their predatory scheme. Then when you get too far behind they will attempt to take you to court. Falling behind 60 days is unacceptable and they will take you to court!

They completely took advantage of myself and family by taking me to court in a different state and of course winning because they knew I couldn't be present 500 miles away. I was only 60 days behind with a payment set up to draft from my bank account. They do not care! They will take full advantage of the law (that works in their favor). I had to drain my savings account to pay them off in full which brings me to another point... Good luck trying to pay them the money they took you to court for.

It took 2 weeks to pay these people because of all the crap you have to jump through just to get them money. Not to mention they will continue the legal process by freezing your bank accounts and sending garnishment letters to your employer. Luckily I had a joint savings account in a complete separate state they couldn't freeze so I could get them the money! This is a payday loan multiplied by 1000. No matter how desperate you are for money, no matter how hard times get do yourself a favor a beg on the street before going through the hell that this company will put you through. To top it all off after it was finally paid the Lendmark representative stated "do not let this discourage you from attempting to apply for a loan in the future from us". Wow! If I could buy negative stock in a company I would gladly invest!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

I got a loan through Lendmark in 2015. In Feb. of 2016 I had a bad fall and was going to be out of work for at least 3 months. I called them right away about this and they took care of my payments while I was off. No hassle whatsoever. I get calls from them all of the time to let me know how much funds I have available to me in case I need to borrow more, and to make sure that I am happy with their service. My husband also has a personal loan through them. Again no problems.

Original review: July 25, 2016

I would NEVER do business with this company. The customer service they provide is beyond farther than the worst I have ever seen. During my "application process", not once did I receive a phone call from anyone, even after leaving several messages for them to call me. I received a letter in the mail 2 weeks later. They are crazy to think I would continue doing business with them. I would rather take my business to another company and pay a higher interest rate, than to ever have them gain me as a customer. I think being made to feel like you are just "another number", would be a step above how I was treated. I am in my mid 30's, and own a very successful real estate title company, and I would NEVER in a million years treat anyone like they treated me. With as many contacts as I have in many areas of the community, I will definitely make sure that everyone I know will know exactly what a terrible company this is to do business with.

Original review: July 6, 2016

I just had my first garnishment to my paycheck without any warnings from Lendmark in Hagerstown, MD. I cosigned with my now ex-boyfriend on a motorcycle that was repossessed. In fact, after them calling me several times, I told them where to find the motorcycle! When I called after the repo and asked if there was a balance, I was told no the balance was zero. I checked my credit report and it said balance of zero. I have checked my credit report several times over the past few years and the Lendmark account for the motorcycle has been zero. Now 4-5 years later with no written letters; no phone calls, I am having my wages garnished! The original loan papers had my address and phone number as I was the primary applicant. My ex-boyfriend was co-applicant as my credit score was much high than his at the time.

When we separated, he kept the motorcycle as it was his. He made the monthly payments until I heard from you that he was behind and you needed to repossess it. When he moved, he apparently changed the account address to his new place of residence, therefore I never received any notifications. I understand I signed the paper and am responsible for the balance but where is Lendmark's responsibility in letting me know there was a balance? You had my address and phone number! I took responsibility and helped you find the motorcycle. I took responsibility and CALLED THEM to see if there was a balance and I was told zero balance! Now instead of the original balance, I owe a lot more due to interest, court costs, and debt collector's fees!!! And you are NOT even garnishing my ex-boyfriend's wages when he is working and living in the Hagerstown/Sharpsburg area!! WHY NOT?? They have his SS number.

You can't tell me they or the debt collecting company can't find him! When I called the Hagerstown Lendmark office and talked to the manger, he was very rude, unprofessional, uncaring, and downright mean! He wouldn't listen to me. He wouldn't let me speak without him interrupting and continually saying "You signed the papers. You're responsible." He kept saying that it didn't matter that the office people told me zero balance. That they must have been looking at the wrong screen. He was raising his voice to me and interrupting me, so I hung up and called your 800 number. Your 800 number person even told me I had A ZERO balance that day!

They switched me over to their lawyer. She was very nice and compassionate. She got my file and looked at it and said she would research it back to the beginning and call me back in an hour. She never called me back but I figured she needed more time to research it. I waited 2 days and finally called her. I was told that she was not in and wouldn't be back till after the weekend. I waited and still have not heard from her. Guess I'll be calling again. STAY away from this company!!

Original review: June 7, 2016

WOW! I just got this email and I had no idea what it was for so I called the number and they told me they couldn't give me any information! She did say my name though, Sharon. She said it came up on her caller ID. Then she told me that my name is not on the account and that they do not have any of my banking information on file! Who can I report these people to???

"Dear Consumer, Thank you for your recent payment(s) request. This is to confirm your authorization for an electronic debit from your funding account payable to Lendmark Financial Services Collect pay on Jun 4, 2016 at 00:00 for the following account(s) that total $121.17. Account Number: **, Confirmation Number: **,

Effective Date: Jun 4, 2016, Payment Amount: $121.17, Fee Payable to Payment Processor: $0.00. The payment(s) will be completed on the effective date or shortly thereafter. In the event the electronic debit to your funding account is returned unpaid, an additional return item fee may be charged, as permitted by applicable law and will be reflected on your statement. If you have any questions, concerns, or require clarification regarding this correspondence, please call 866-413-8340."

Original review: May 23, 2016

I have received calls from Lendmark Financial Services in regard to my magazine subscriptions. They tell me they have my MasterCard on file and everything. The trouble is I have never subscribed to any magazines and I don't want them. When I told her that, she told me she could cancel any renewals on the account but I would still have to pay for the first 20 months. I have been reading some of the other reviews on this company and you need to stay away from them.

Original review: March 9, 2016

I have received several pre-approved loans from the company Lendmark and each time I apply I am denied. I want to be taken off your mailing list and do not ever contact me again. Pre-approved means pre-approved. I am not going to recommend any of my family or friends to do business with this company. What is the point in sending out pre-approved letters if you are not going to try and help the customers. The closest Lendmark company is in Opelika, Alabama and you can take the pre-approves and shove it. I had a offer code ** valid until April 1, 2016.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

Took out a 6000.00 loan in Aug 2015, paid them 5900.00 in Sept.160.00 in Oct. 2015. Called for the balance in Dec and was told 45.20. Paid that thinking loan was paid, I was done with Lendmark. In Jan 2016 I get a bill saying I owe 6500.00. I called to see how this could be possible. They said I had a balance and every month it wasn't paid. I was being charged 216.00 a month in interest, but no one could tell me what my balance was that I was being charged. Very deceptive practice, invoices received never give the actual payoff amount. Consumers beware of this company!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

I got a loan with Lendmark back in 2014, they were nice when I went in for my loan (of course), and I never had any issues as I always made payments on time. In November of 2015 I signed up for a debt management program. I have a lot of debt and after exploring my options, this was the best thing for me. It would allow me to continue to pay my creditors something and have money to put into savings. My debt management company called me and stated I needed to call Lendmark because "they had some questions."

So, I gave them a call on a Monday and had to speak to the manager (this is at their Overlea, MD location on Belair Road). From the moment he got on the phone, he was rude. His exact words to me were "Debt management is going to ruin your credit, just so you know. And I'm not enrolling in that program, you make your payments on time, so what good would it do for me?" Yes, I've always attempted to make my payments on time, but I was coming to them to let them know it is now a struggle and I most likely will miss payments, this option would be the best. He again said "I only accept like 5 debt management proposals a month and since you make your payments on time, I'm not accepting it." What a jerk! I've been a loyal paying customer for over a year, and I come to them with an issue and this is how I get treated. I even recommended family to them. NEVER AGAIN! I cannot wait to pay off this loan and be done. The worst, ever.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

I visited the location in Kennesaw, GA and got a loan for $4000. And I've paid them a little over $3100 back in a year and not one dollar has went to my principal. So I still owe them $4000. That's **. I didn't sign up for a loan to where they would be charging me 100 percent interest and fees every month. And then if you are 1 day late, they will call you 3 to 4 times a day and leave you voicemails saying that they will sue you if you don't pay them within the next 3 days. So if you need a loan, run away and go to a real bank.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2015

6 months ago I took out a loan of $3,000 for the moving in deposit of my new apt. I was one month late trying to get my new place situated. I am a student pursuing graduate studies. I called to ask for a reduced payment. RUDE! THEY ARE PREDATORY AND EVIL!! Stay away from Lendmark! I fell victim to them! The Lendmark Office is in Frederick, Maryland.

Lendmark Financial expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 1996, Lendmark Financial Services offers individuals personal loans across the U.S. The company is headquartered in Covington, GA.

• Loan amounts and terms: Lendmark offers loans from $500 to $15,000. Their rates, terms and payments are fixed.
    • Convenient application process: Borrowers from Lendmark can apply for a loan online or at a branch.
    • Customer service options: Lendmark provides several different customer service options, including e-mail, by phone, or in person at a branch.
    • Improve credit: Lendmark reports payments monthly to all three credit reporting agencies so on-time payments may help improve borrowers’ credit scores.
    • Best for: Lendmark makes loans for various personal needs such as seasonal expenses, major home repairs, emergencies and debt consolidation.
    Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg