1.21/5

Looking for a loan company?

Lendmark Financial

Looking for a loan company?

88 Lendmark Financial Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 29, 2019

I have had a loan with them for years. Never a late payment, the payments are automatically deducted from my checking account on the due date. Where it turns nasty is when you try to make extra payments to pay off early. They turned rude and even refused to take my payment. The manager wouldn’t even return my calls. Calling their home office is no help either. In other words, they could care less about you if they aren’t making the maximum profit off of you. Stay away!!

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have been looking to consolidate a few of my debts into one payment and had received information from Lendmark. When I went into the local office here in Flowood, MS to discuss my options, the staff was nice but struggled to communicate or provide any knowledge regarding the terms of the loan. While it is advertised as an unsecured loan, they asked if I had any items of value (which they didn’t bother educating me why they wanted that information). It wasn’t until I saw the paperwork (keep in mind, without my consent) I find out they wanted to use my personal items to secure their “non-secured” loan. They also proceeded to tell me I would be required to purchase their ancillary coverage to protect my personal belongings, but have signage in multiple areas of the office stating all ancillary coverage is optional and not required on any loan.

I am fully aware their interest rates are higher due to having a more high risk clientele vs. a bank, but many fees aside from interest still couldn’t be explained. I feel extremely confident I made the right decision by not doing business with this company. Make sure you always ask questions, and don’t settle for the first option or answers that don’t make sense.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2019

First of all, the energy was so off in this office. I can't do business with nobody where there seen to be tension, and bad energy in the room. When I first walked in there were three older ladies just sitting in the office at their desk. All three just looked up, did not say a word, no good morning, just a long stare like, "What the heck she want," I'm telling you so rude and such an unpleasant feeling like I'm bothering them. Finally, someone said, "Can I help you" with a irritated voice. The other two ladies still just looking no smile or anything. I really wanted to just turn around at this point, but I answered back saying, "I'm here to apply for a personal loan."

At this point, I really felt like I'm just wasting my own time. She begin asking questions, and if I ask her to repeat the questions she kind of just looked up like, "You need to listen. I'm not going keep repeating myself." I'm telling you guys this part before the loan was so unpleasant. I know customer service has gone way down but I cannot believe a company will allow such negative behavior from their employees. Just remember you need my business to stay in business. I was asking for a loan which I had to pay back. I wasn't in there asking for free government services. The respect was not there at all.

To make a long story short I don't recommend opening the door to even go into the office. Just go somewhere else. I have gotten loans from other companies where the staff was extremely friendly and inviting. The only reason I tried this company in the first place is because like many of us I got an offer in the mail to come in and apply. I'm not saying all branches are unpleasant with rude acting employees, but we really need to stop supporting these companies who allow their employees to behave like customers really do not matter and let's see how far they go.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Accepted an offer 2 years ago for a 4 year loan. I read all the details and accepted the auto draft. Twice they sent me a notification saying I had missed a payment. Each month I was drafted so not sure how that happens. I called in each time and left a VM to contact me to straighten out the issue and twice no response.

Recently the post office accidentally sent the company a notification of a change of address in error and my statements have been sent to my daughter's house in another state. When I called the local branch no one answered (surprise) and I left a message telling them I was notifying the Better Business Bureau as well as calling the Attorney General's office to file a complaint. The next day (surprise again) the branch manager called AND left a voice mail on my phone.

I returned her call today and got a live receptionist who was snarky as heck like I had just interrupted her playing solitaire on the computer. All she did was talk over me and did not listen or hear a word I tried to say. The branch manager finally got on and had the nerve to tell me to stop yelling when I was talking in an agitated tone due to the incompetence of her receptionist.

Upon trying to give a simple suggestion that when the post office sends notice of an address change and the customer does not, pick up the phone and call the customer to verify the address change I was hung up on. I called corporate office to complain about the rudeness and it started OK but again they didn’t want to hear suggestions. I was told “each branch has over 8000 clients and to call each one was not possible”. When I asked if they get notices of address changes for each customer each month, the woman said “you are just attacking me” and to “stop yelling”. Simple common courtesy and focus on customer service would go a LONG way but they don’t have it so RUN AWAY from this company. I am getting a loan with higher interest to pay this loan off and get away from this unprofessional company.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I had a loan of $6700 from June 2015. I have paid $231 monthly for over three years totaling to over $7,000 and my balance as of today is $6,428. So I decided to pay it off. This company is running a scam and should not be allowed to practice in any state.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lendmark Financial?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Lendmark will charge excessive interest rates, apply mandatory insurance and additional fees under the duress and desperation of the recipient at the time of attaining the loan. Lendmark will later give statements that show an incorrect (inflated) balance and avoid giving you the accurate balance. This is my first hand experience.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Got a loan for a work truck and it made it the ride home. None of the paperwork is correct and it had an engr delete on it so it was a unit roadworthy vehicle from the start. Why buy a vehicle you can't drive or put plates on.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Do not under any circumstances step in the door of this place. You'd be better off finding another way. This company should not be able to practice in any state. If you don’t believe me go ahead. Go on in but read every word on those contracts and then you’ll see what I'm talking about. You will regret the day you did this, trust me. I did it and borrowed $5000 and have paid 12,000 in four years and still owe $6. They will ruin your credit, your finances and once sign you're **. So you’ve been warned.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I am on my third loan with Lendmark. Their rate is a little high but I don't mind that because of the ease of getting the loan. I don't like all the red tape at regular banks. My third loan was for a home renovation. I was in and out within the hour with check in hand. I make my payments on time and pay extra most of the time so if I chose to miss a payment that's no problem with them because I am usually 1-3 months ahead. I would highly recommend them especially the Battlefield branch in Chesapeake VA branch.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

We applied at Lendmark to essentially refinance our vehicle due to a balloon payment. We started at the end of November. Was told we were approved and they were getting information from current lien holder. I did ALL the legwork for them, they even refused to send a simple fax over to get a photocopy of the title! We ended up denied because I flipped out on the branch manager. Over 2 weeks of being jerked around, she overtalked me, patronized me, and it took forever to get out of her exactly what she needed. Oh and she told my income wasn't income (yet everyone else took my income???) and wouldn't let my brother in law co sign because he didn't live with us. Who has family living with them in their 30s?!?! Very frustrating ordeal and definitely won't recommend my local branch.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I have received a loan with them Year ago, making my payments on time, never been late. They always send me something about increasing my loan & when I apply I get turn down because my credit score decreases. I’m like, "WTF. I’m pay y’all every month on time, matter fact weeks earlier, never late, but y’all turn me down. Bad business."

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Please people if you can help it do not obtain a loan from this company. Their business practices are less than satisfactory. My account was sold to them and like many others it never seems to be paid off although I have been paying more than monthly bill requires. Since they have had my account they have changed my account number 4 different times. Not once during these changes was any notification was given and when I call to speak with someone I always get an attitude. Not to mention the website never works. They do not even deserve 1 star.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I have had nothing but good experiences with the Burleson, TX branch. They have been helpful and informative. Due to my paycheck schedule, I have had to pay 2-3 days late a couple of times; with no late fee or harassing phone calls. If you are in need of financial assistance, I highly recommend the Burleson branch.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We paid off our loan early and asked for a statement stating that we had paid it off in full. They cashed the check and now almost 3 weeks later and multiple requests we still do not have a receipt!!! They put you on hold, never come back on the line, say they will email you or fax your request of the receipt and ZERO results!!! They knew we were trying to buy a home and really needed this receipt and they could care less!!! I rated them a one and that was generous.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Very poor at communicating (no return phone calls, doesn’t answer phone and is very vague on giving information or answering questions in person), doesn’t accept auto-drafts, doesn’t update customer information after it’s given (moved months ago and updated the information over the phone and they still send everything to previous address).

Likes to return your payment then charge you a late fee (or say they didn’t receive a payment when you have a confirmation code and it’s withdrawn from your bank statement so they can once again charge a late fee), and over the phone payments aren’t always recorded and are very often times down. Online payments are the same way. The only way to properly pay is in person and make sure they take the money out on the spot. This place use to be amazing when it was Springleaf. Unfortunately now I highly advise to look elsewhere for any type of loan. They are very shady and aren’t worth the stress.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Got a loan with Lendmark through a food service six months interest free. I then found out you can't pay online & you can only set up automatic payments when the loan is started!? So for the last six months I would call them at the beginning of each month, due date was the 9th. Only one time did they answer on the first call, so I would leave a message. Not even once did I receive a return call.

Yesterday was August 31th so I called to make the last payment. The Lendmark rep looked up the account & debited my bank account. I said "that's the last payment correct?" The rep said "No, you have a payment due in September." I say "Isn't that the payment I just made?" I'm then put on hold. I was told the computer is still showing a payment is still due on September 9th. Another rep then confirmed that was indeed the last payment. I believe the floppy disc wouldn't read on their Apple IIe. Lendmark needs to get rid of the clowns in their office & set up payments on this new thing called the internet. What a waste of time dealing with these guys. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

At first this company was ok, but they changed branch managers and she's awful! She doesn't have a pleasant attitude and doesn't know how to talk to customers! I have experienced being called on the day my payment is due, and being asked when I'm going to pay it? Like really, the business day isn't over with! Can you give me time? I have had to make half payments some months and they will call saying no payment was made! Records aren't very thorough! I've said, "Well I made a partial payment," they will check their records and be like, "Oh, I see it now!!!" Very frustrating and as others it seems the loan isn't going down! I so wish I could pay it off! I will NEVER get a loan from them again! There is a grace period, but they still call and harass you!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Constant harassment calls! Interest rate only loan!! Company is a Big ripoff. DON'T NOT GET THEIR LOAN! Seems like you will never pay it off. Something need to be done! Loan for $4,000 and few yrs later you still owe $4,000! What can we do to put a stop to this company!? HELP.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I ended up with Lendmark Financial when that company bought the company I had been dealing with. So after 2 years making my payments on time, I became unemployed for a year. I still made my payments on time until June 2018. I was still unemployed but at age 62 I was eligible to collect Social Security so I applied for Social Security retirement. I contacted my local office of Lendmark and told them I would be late and the reasons why, but that once I received my Social Security payment, I would immediately catch up. So when I did get my payment from social security I paid Lendmark all the past due, late fees and also the next payment due.

After this I found out they reported me to the Credit Bureau and late and wrecked ny stellar credit. It went from 760 to 640 based on their one report! I called them and asked them if since I paid up everything and would not be late again, could they please help me with the credit report. The answer was a flat no! They kept telling me I deserved the bad credit because I was late. I reminded them that I kept in touch, and paid them instantly when I had the money and could they please help me with the credit report - Again a flat NO! Do not borrow from these people! You will regret it!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I scheduled an appointment with Lendmark Financial Services in Denton TX, about a week ago. I must say I was a bit hesitant and reluctant at first, due to all the negative reviews. However, after meeting with Roseana Sr. Loan consultant I was put at ease. She was very professional and answered all my questions. I will tell everyone once you've been approved for loan to please take notes and ask questions if you do not understand something in the contract. Roseana, did a great job from start to finish and my contract was affordable and was within my budget. I haven't had the negative experience as some of consumers has written in their reviews. Moreover, so far I'm pretty satisfied with my experience with Lendmark. I'll keep the consumers posted in the event if I should ever experience any issues.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Before Springleaf Financial changed to Lendmark Financial I could pay down what I owed with my normal payment. But with Lendmark it seems all or most of my payment goes to the interest. I know this is a higher interest loan but geeez. At this rate a person would never get a loan paid off. Springleaf was a fair great to work with company. Don't understand why Springleaf's business protocol did not transfer over to Lendmark. I would say don't take a loan out with Lendmark no matter how bad you need a loan. Try to work around it or go somewhere else. I had been with Springleaf for many years. I will never take another loan out with Lendmark if and when I can ever get this one paid off. So sad.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have a loan with them to finance my vehicles. When I ask for a statement of payments, to my surprise every payment I made went to interest. So when I just talked with Lendmark and asked about it, I was told that it all goes to interest and none to principal. According to them that's if you're late, they also told me that they act like title pawn place. Being paying on this account for a year and my balance has not gone down. Really ticks me off, I'm not done with them yet. Know one thing for sure, they won't get my business and I'll make sure no one else uses them. I live in a small town and I can spread word about how they act.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I had a loan with this company and had problems reaching my branch manager as she was always out of the office. I tried getting a district manager then eventually spoke with a regional manager named Sharlene **, who was horrible. She belittled me, and told me I didn’t understand the loan process. She also told me that most ** don’t understand professional loans. I told all my friends to avoid doing business with them.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I had paid off a lease on a motorcycle I had to keep from losing bike. That was in July 2017, in February 2018 I sold the bike and paid loan down and refinanced the remainder into a new loan. Well I just received my title two weeks ago after several calls and arguments. The new owner of the bike had to have his lawyers send a letter to them and I had to threaten to not make my payments to get the title. The title comes in and isn't even in my name yet. It's a title from the original lender (loan paid off last July). So then it was a hassle at DMV getting a clear title which I also had to pay $300 more in property tax to get the title.

While all this is going on I make one of my payments that is due on the 1st and my wife goes in to make the other payment at the middle of the month and they apply it to the wrong loan and then charge me a late fee on the one that was due. The problem I have with Darrell at the North Augusta, SC office is nothing is ever their fault. It's always yours or someone else's but never theirs. I will be paying them off in the next few months and will never go back to them at all. I dont recommend anyone using them for anything.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Let me begin with I wanted to pay off all my credits cards in May 2015 so I took out a loan with this company and let me tell you BIG MISTAKE, I made monthly payments on time for 2 years. No issues. However at one point they took 2 payments out in 1 months so I removed my checking info so I would either call in the monthly payment or walk it in. So 28 months later I did not call my payment in. They called my cellphone not even out of the grace period mind you threatening to sue me garnish my wages. I HAVE PERFECT CREDIT MIND YOU. COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS!!! So I made the payment, walked it in and told the lady who helped me get the loan she is the only person to call me. I do not deserve to be treated in that manner, due to this I believe that my file was turned over to a attorney at only being 35 days late. 1st time ever.

I called them and told them my company made a error and I would be able to make 2 payments but I could pay one. He refused. Sent my file to a attorney, till this day I am going back and forth with this attorney. I offered a settlement which would be the amount that I would of paid if I paid the loan off however they want me to pay the entire amount of the original note. Why would I do that. You ruined my credit, my PERFECT! I am almost 40 and was never late. Missed nothing. Just to think I took the loan out to pay off credit cards when in all it would of been cheaper to just pay the cards off and never deal with CON COMPANY. I filed BBB claims, you name it, the attorney general. At this point I am going to have to hire my a lawyer.

Original review: April 20, 2018

What a horrible experience. Bought a car from a private party, financed it through Lendmark on December 6 2017. I just got my plates on 4/19/18. They sent my paperwork to the wrong county's DMV, despite knowing which county I lived in (it's on my ID and on my loan paperwork). After 4 and a half months and 5 separate trips to the DMV for temp. tags (had to take off work for each trip), they determined that the title had been lost (despite telling me otherwise the entire time).

Additionally, when I took out the loan, I gave Lendmark a money order for the sales tax on the vehicle. This was also lost, and they've refused to refund my money. I've had to take multiple days off work to deal with the DMV on this, and they still have admitted no fault (they still blame the post office for losing the title and money order, even though they sent it to the wrong county). They also strung me along for months, telling me the county had the paperwork in their possession and was sending it back (complete and utter lie). They also told me they left me multiple voicemails which I don't have. I'm suing them for the sales tax in small claims at this point.

So please, if you don't want to be blatantly lied to, strung along, and treated like your time is completely worthless, don't go into Lendmark. Their staff is so incompetent it's mind-blowing. They have made me come into their location multiple times for no reason whatsoever, and seem to think that 5 trips to the DMV for license plates is normal. They're a bunch of idiots who have no respect for other people's time or money.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Borrowed money from this company, have made all my payment for 5 years. My balance has not gone down. They have hidden fees, they do not send bills with balance or interest paid. I have given them 200 a mo for five years and my balance has barely gone down. Will end up paying about 20,000 for a 3,000 dollar loan if ever being able to pay off. How does a company like this get around the laws, who are they paying off to be able to stay in business.

Original review: April 12, 2018

This is the Everett, WA location.... Haven't gotten a real statement in a year because they switched to another billing company. You never know what your balance is because the statement says just states what the monthly payment is and nothing about your previous payments. Really? You haven't figured this out in over a years time? They also haven't reported to the credit bureaus in over a year! In a year's time I made 9 payments plus had a 2 month deferment and my balance has only gone down $130. When questioned, "How is that even possible?" I was told, "Late fees." Well late fees are only 10% of your payment so mine was $19. No one had EVER said anything about a late fee when I schedule a payment over the phone, just a monthly payment.

Don't let them fool you. They pretend they care but they're just out to make a quick buck. Jeff the branch manager is actually pleasant to deal with. Chad, he reminds me of a used car salesman, slimy and only out for his commission check. Misty, the most condescending, unprofessional, threatening ** I've ever talked to or heard talk to a customer. I see why people hang up on her. And don't ever be late - they call daily, sometimes three times a day, even after you set up payment arrangements. To top it all off, I just saw on my credit report, it says my account is closed. Of course I asked WHY when I still have a balance and am still making payments? I've filed complaints with the BBB, AG, and FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act). I cannot wait until this account is paid off and be done with these shady characters!!

Original review: April 3, 2018

This company is a big joke! Just sent a $3957.50 check to the Bremerton branch... telling me I still owe $58.18... paid it. Get lost and good riddance. For those of you out there please do not use Lendmark Financial, they are not out to help you. So crazy. I even called to let them know the check was coming. Big crooks. That's what this company is made up of.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I went to a credit union and got a loan to payoff Lendmark they were. 27% and the credit union was 5%. The credit union contacted Lendmark for the payoff and sent them a check directly. Now years later they're saying I owe for loan Insurance. When I ask for a breakdown of the account all I received was a handwritten note saying I owe them 500.00 dollars and now they're starting to send late payment notices to the credit reporting agency. And one want to look at a class action Lawsuit I can't. Be the only one they're doing this to.

Lendmark Financial expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 1996, Lendmark Financial Services offers individuals personal loans across the U.S. The company is headquartered in Covington, GA.

• Loan amounts and terms: Lendmark offers loans from $500 to $15,000. Their rates, terms and payments are fixed.

• Convenient application process: Borrowers from Lendmark can apply for a loan online or at a branch.

• Customer service options: Lendmark provides several different customer service options, including e-mail, by phone, or in person at a branch.

• Improve credit: Lendmark reports payments monthly to all three credit reporting agencies so on-time payments may help improve borrowers’ credit scores.

• Best for: Lendmark makes loans for various personal needs such as seasonal expenses, major home repairs, emergencies and debt consolidation.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg