1.78/5

Need a personal loan company?

Avant

Need a personal loan company?

Avant Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I applied for a loan through Avant a few years ago. Thankfully I was approved for 3000 that was more than enough and received my funds directly into my account. I have been reading some horrible reviews that doesn't reflect my experience. So I decided to write my own experience. The customer service were always polite when I called to make a payment. My payment was always on time and I honestly would rather get another loan through them Than any other place. I felt they were honest and I was able to make payments via phone instead of direct deduction from my account. I never felt they were screwing me over.

They didn't have to give me a loan because my situation at the time was not good. But it made me so eagered to pay them back because I was so grateful. I would highly recommend Avant for a loan. Just make your payments as agreed and guess what if you aren't able to make a payment just call their customer service number and they will be willing to help you. I am a real customer.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I had a good experience with Avant. The only glitch being communication. They would call me while at work leaving a message to call them. I would call them back and the automated message would refer me to my dashboard at the website to complete a task, but there were no tasks to complete. I sent an email giving them times when they could reach me but they continued to call while I was at work. Finally, I found a way around the automation by punching buttons and got my problem resolved. It would help if they would ask best times to call.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Recently I missed my DD payment to AVANTCard credit card as I was a few € short (I had 2540 not 2550 in the ac) and my bank KBC refused to honour the payment. Avant card fees amounted to some €60 for the missed payment but when I rang and explained - they very kindly agreed to cancel. This I honestly didn't expect so HATS off to AVANTCard for having the imagination and humanity to realise that anybody can make a mistake. MANY thanks.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Applied for a personal loan after reviewing options on Lending Tree. Avant was very quick on reviewing my application and walking me through the process to provide them with all the required extra documentation. After being approved the loan was direct deposited into my bank the next day and I am very impressed with how quickly it was done. All in all, this process was so much easier than I thought it would be and I would recommend this to anyone that I know that needs a personal loan.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My credit score is low and I had no choice but to apply for a very high interest loan. The entire process was seamless. After reading so many bad reviews I think many people had a hard time proving their identity and also some applicants' application probably didn’t match the info on the documents they used as proof. If you upload all of the documents they request it happens fast. I applied on Friday, was approved an hour later and the cash was in my bank account at 7 am on Monday! That is fast!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avant?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I applied for a loan with Avant, received a total of 6-8 calls from this company requesting documents, I provided all of them with the exception on one request, they requested on 3 different calls to convince me that I needed to give them my login and password to my personal banking/savings accounts. When I refused to release that data I was denied immediately for a loan. My credit is in order with my history and score and nothing is in delinquent and I was still denied. Not only did it take multiple phone calls but took several days to deny my loan request. Now I have a hard inquiry on my record (for 2 years) and a denial of funds for a loan. If I didn't feel comfortable with my credit that I would receive an approval I would not have applied. This is unfair and very misleading. I'm sure this is just another scam. This was a mistake to trust this company, very unhappy!!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

This is has by far been the worst lending experience. Every time you call customer service you get the same exact scripted conversations. I called to cancel my loan which they told me I had to call and cancel by 2:30 cst. Which it is not listed on the website. It’s November 11, and I still have no resolution which it started October 23. I sent all of the funds back but still being charged a $500 administration fee.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I applied for a personal loan with a 691 credit score. No derogatory accounts, had to send pay stubs numerous times and finally went through employment verification and I have been at my job 13 years and after about a week of all of this I was denied. The customer service was fairly nice but process aggravating. Don't fall for the 600 credit score nonsense, it's deceptive. I personal wouldn't waste my time applying for a loan from some bank that I cannot walk into again. They put you through more aggravation than a regular bank. I can't see how people who have credit issues can get approved from them, I believe some of the reviews that are giving are frivolous. Don't waste your time.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I could not believe how fast and easy it was to apply and receive my deposit! Went on the website and I could see all my info and payment dates, auto pay is great and I can change it anytime! 4 months in now and all is well, very transparent as of now, very happy!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I was approved for a loan paid in time every month. I paid it off early thinking this was a good thing. Tried to apply maybe 6 or 7 months later denied.. Why? I paid in time then paid it off early so why wouldn't you give me another loan. I guess cause the company didn't make the extra it would have if I would have made monthly payments. Shame on you Avant..

Avant expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Avant, formerly AvantCredit is a personal loan company that’s helped 350,000 customers. Borrowers can access between $2,000 and $35,000 for debt consolidation, home improvement and/or emergencies. The company has a 96% satisfaction rating.

• Online features: In just a few minutes, prospective borrowers can complete an online application. If approved, the loan can be funded by the next business day. If borrowers aren't ready to apply, they can get personalized rates, which won't impact their credit score.

• Transparent fees: Transparent late or missed payment penalties.

• Credit building: Avant gives borrowers an opportunity to build credit with on time payments and without collateral.

• Available customer service: The customer service reps at Avant Credit are available 7 days a week to help customers by phone.

• Courtesy due date adjustments: Avant offers courtesy due date adjustments in case a customer cannot make an upcoming payment.

• Best for: Individuals looking to refinance debt, planning a home improvement project or those facing an unexpected expenses.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg