1.73/5

Need a personal loan company?

Avant

Need a personal loan company?

138 Avant Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I applied for a loan through Avant a few years ago. Thankfully I was approved for 3000 that was more than enough and received my funds directly into my account. I have been reading some horrible reviews that doesn't reflect my experience. So I decided to write my own experience. The customer service were always polite when I called to make a payment. My payment was always on time and I honestly would rather get another loan through them Than any other place. I felt they were honest and I was able to make payments via phone instead of direct deduction from my account. I never felt they were screwing me over.

They didn't have to give me a loan because my situation at the time was not good. But it made me so eagered to pay them back because I was so grateful. I would highly recommend Avant for a loan. Just make your payments as agreed and guess what if you aren't able to make a payment just call their customer service number and they will be willing to help you. I am a real customer.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I had a good experience with Avant. The only glitch being communication. They would call me while at work leaving a message to call them. I would call them back and the automated message would refer me to my dashboard at the website to complete a task, but there were no tasks to complete. I sent an email giving them times when they could reach me but they continued to call while I was at work. Finally, I found a way around the automation by punching buttons and got my problem resolved. It would help if they would ask best times to call.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Recently I missed my DD payment to AVANTCard credit card as I was a few € short (I had 2540 not 2550 in the ac) and my bank KBC refused to honour the payment. Avant card fees amounted to some €60 for the missed payment but when I rang and explained - they very kindly agreed to cancel. This I honestly didn't expect so HATS off to AVANTCard for having the imagination and humanity to realise that anybody can make a mistake. MANY thanks.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Applied for a personal loan after reviewing options on Lending Tree. Avant was very quick on reviewing my application and walking me through the process to provide them with all the required extra documentation. After being approved the loan was direct deposited into my bank the next day and I am very impressed with how quickly it was done. All in all, this process was so much easier than I thought it would be and I would recommend this to anyone that I know that needs a personal loan.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My credit score is low and I had no choice but to apply for a very high interest loan. The entire process was seamless. After reading so many bad reviews I think many people had a hard time proving their identity and also some applicants' application probably didn’t match the info on the documents they used as proof. If you upload all of the documents they request it happens fast. I applied on Friday, was approved an hour later and the cash was in my bank account at 7 am on Monday! That is fast!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avant?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I don't understand all of the bad reviews. I had a quick and easy loan process with no hiccups. Yes, the interest rate is high but is on par with most of these personal loan companies. The website and customer service is customer friendly and easy to deal with. I would highly recommend this company for a personal loan. Always read carefully the loan documents with any company before accepting. I have not had any issues with Avant and would use them again.

Original review: July 16, 2019

All I have to say is don’t miss a payment. I had some difficulties making a payment last year and I was offered the chance to change my last payment to July 2019 instead of June 2019. I made the last payment in July 2019 and still have a balance. Little did I know that the balance I have now is larger than my monthly payments. However, the rep stated that my last balance would not accrue any interest and that I could pay it off whenever I wanted. This is bull. This was not mentioned to me at any time during the conversation I had with the rep who recommended that I push back my last payment. Now, I still have a balance of over 500.00 when July was supposedly my last payment. Guess I should have read the reviews first. Now it will take 14 days for a rep to call and explain this to me. Of course...gotta get that lie in order first. Definitely will never recommend this company. NEVER!

Original review: July 13, 2019

They call a lot for the same thing. In a call I overheard someone complaining that their employees are not able to use the bathroom when necessary. They over charge us and they treat employees bad. I don't want business with a company that treat their employees like slaves.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Husband attempted to pay off balance of loan. Website wouldn't allow it (nearly at end of loan) and telephone staff were insisted on ONLY talking with me when he attempted to inform them of the website problem.

Original review: June 29, 2019

So the first part of working with Avant was great. They were easy to work with and I had my bills on auto pay. The problem was when I was at the part to pay it off. I paid whatever the home page of Avant told me to pay and some how I got stuck with a 14 cent bill after paying it off. So I logged in and paid that bill. Then 2 days later I got a 25 late fee. Mind you I paid this bill off 3 or so months before it was actually even due. I called them and was told give them 3 days to hear back, 2 weeks later still nothing so I called them back and was told they are still working on it but she would escalate it to the right dept and I would hear back in 3 days.

Needless to say 14 days later and still nothing from them but now I have another 25 fee and as I called for the 3rd time they have no idea what's going on. The 14 cents that I paid a month ago to pay off the loan someone never even went to the balance but instead to my 2 round of late fees. Again this after paying the entire loan off early. So I would stay clear of Avant unless you want to pay more than what you agree to and keep getting fees added to your loan to affect your credit after paying the bill off.

Avant expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Avant, formerly AvantCredit is a personal loan company that’s helped 350,000 customers. Borrowers can access between $2,000 and $35,000 for debt consolidation, home improvement and/or emergencies. The company has a 96% satisfaction rating.

• Online features: In just a few minutes, prospective borrowers can complete an online application. If approved, the loan can be funded by the next business day. If borrowers aren't ready to apply, they can get personalized rates, which won't impact their credit score.

• Transparent fees: Transparent late or missed payment penalties.

• Credit building: Avant gives borrowers an opportunity to build credit with on time payments and without collateral.

• Available customer service: The customer service reps at Avant Credit are available 7 days a week to help customers by phone.

• Courtesy due date adjustments: Avant offers courtesy due date adjustments in case a customer cannot make an upcoming payment.

• Best for: Individuals looking to refinance debt, planning a home improvement project or those facing an unexpected expenses.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg