Avant

Compare Personal Loans

Research top Personal Loans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was very pleased at the accuracy and speed it took to confirm my loan. Customer service very helpful in my process. I know that they help people with less than perfect credit but I would like to see them lower their interest rate more like a credit. Not so high.

I prefer to never borrow from relatives or friends. Avant made it easy to use the company and process my information. The representatives were polite and fast. This is my second loan and yes... I would use them again and suggest them to friends.

I was very pleased with financial services. Those they did not approve me for the amount that I had requested, they were still able to give me a loan for a less amount. Had it deposited into my account in 2 days! Great company and great customer service.

I couldn't believe it when I was approved by Avant, after so many creditors turned me down, they gave me a chance when no one else would to consolidate my credit and I am so very grateful. The interest rate was higher than I would like it but it's just more motivation to pay the debt off faster. The application process was quick and easy not even 30 minutes later and I was approved. Thank you Avant for allowing me this chance. I am forever grateful and will recommend this company to anyone in need of credit assistance.

This was a very professional & exceptional experience. I've never experienced such an expedited process as such when it came to needed a product. I would definitely recommend Avant highly to any & every.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avant?

Avant was quick in contacting me on things concerning the paperwork. Got my money as to the correct time and date. Overall, Avant was awesome. I for sure will be recommending them to my friends and family. And will use in the future.

Excellent to work with! I've dealt with small loan companies before and it's a huge hassle. You have to be there in person, fill out the same paperwork over and over again, and the interest rates are ridiculous! With Avant, I get my loans while at home drinking coffee in my robe. That's service!

I am very very happy with my experience with Avant. They gave me a personal Loan with a higher interest rate due to my credit and after 9 months they offered me a much better rate to refinance and bonus some extra $$. I am super happy with this company. Do Business with Avant...

The Avant lending company has a internet operation of 1st class that truly helps its clients and really is a ABC or simple process. I love the professionalism and the administration that was assist to me in my urgent crisis. Process simple and funds were release within 72 hours.

I applied for a personal loan from Avant due to a recommendation from a credit monitoring site through which I did a PREQUALIFY and Avant was showing me that I QUALIFIED for up to $1400 and I was only applying for their lowest loan amount which shows as $1,000. They were even offering me several options to pick from regarding how much and how long to finance for. So I applied and their system went right into asking me to upload documents and connect my bank to them, which it was having some trouble with but finally appeared to be connected. Even all the documents that I uploaded showed they were received.

Then later I got an email saying that they needed to talk to "verify additional information on your account". I decided to log into the account and see what was showing there before making a call and I noticed that my pay stub document seemed to no longer be showing as having succeeded and I decided to just upload it again in case that was what they wanted. I uploaded it and it showed AGAIN that it was DONE. Just to check it to try to ensure that it made it for sure I reloaded the page and ALL OF A SUDDEN IT SHOWED "CLOSED ACCOUNT"!!! Just like that in LESS than a MINUTE!!!

I should have known better than to allow my Credit Score to get lowered by their stupid inquiry since I have a relative that was ALL the way APPROVED with a signed contract and a scheduled DEPOSIT date and ALL of a sudden they found out when the deposit was not made as scheduled that their account WAS CLOSED!!! FOR NO REASON GIVEN!! After reading all the bad reviews on here I would AGREE that people should just STAY THE HECK AWAY from these weird people that work for AVANT and for ALL the BAD things they do to people.

Stressful at first but was treated very kindly with patient for my first time dealing with them. They were very professional each agent that I spoke to and they helped me complete all my Information that was needed.

Great, and super easy to get a personal loan to consolidate my bills. I got a direct deposit of what I borrowed in my account the next business day. No prepayment penalties, a win win loan and company.

I applied for a loan with Avant and I was approved the same day for credit card consolidation! They worked with me to consolidate my debt into one monthly payment! I felt relieved to receive funding so quickly. Thank you Avant!

The process was simple to understand and to complete the application. Customer Service was excellent and was able to answer my questions without much hold time. Immediately talked with a actual person.

I applied for a loan and expected to be turned down. About an hour later I was approved and got the money within 3 days. The reason for the 3 stars is for the interest rate. It is over 30%. I think that is too high.

I recently was approved for a personal loan from Avant. I received an attractive interest rate and the computerized process from the initial application through final approval was uncomplicated and straightforward. The Avant lending staff also helped to answer questions and handled the verification requirements in a professional and timely manner. I highly recommend Avant.

I needed to pay a few bills off and consolidate and they gave me an opportunity to do so without a cosigner and with less than perfect credit. The interest rate is high but my stress is gone about the bills I owed. The monthly payment is reasonable and fair.

Overall a Good Experience. A little frustrating on the income verification needed, but upon reflection I can understand, as most of our income is from retirement. Avant did everything they said they would in a timely manner. High interest rate, but the loan is unsecured.

They contacted me verifying everything, answered the questions I had, and they were detailed about the loan. They told me what to expect going forward and it wasn't a long drawn out process! They are giving me opportunity to strengthen my credit and I'm very pleased thus far.

I am giving this review for Avant credit company because they are really wonderful. They helped me with a loan when I needed it the most. They are very nice over the phone and show that you matter. It took no time for the money they loaned me to go into my account the next business day. I really appreciate their kind sincerity and for helping me with my loan. These people are wonderful and I highly recommend them to all of my friends or anyone I come across who may need a boost to help them as well. Thank you Avant.:)

I was very impressed with Avant, Inc. I had done quite a bit of research before applying, and Avant always came back with excellent reviews, and in the top ten with NerdWallet and Credit Karma. The service was quick, confidential and very professional. I was unsure about taking out a personal loan due to an only ok credit score, but I was approved in less than 4 hours, and funds were deposited in my account the next business day. This is not a "payday" loan company, but a true personal loan company, with a reasonable interest rate, that provides not only funding but help in rebuilding your credit, as well as credit counseling. If one needs to take out a personal loan, with either good or bad credit, I would highly recommend Avant, Inc.

The whole experience was great, no hassle, very easy and fast, I got approved right away. I would recommendation Avant to all of my friends. I have told most of them already, thank you Avant for being there for me. I gave you a five star.

I received a loan offer from Avant that sounded like a guarantee. No matter what my credit score or income was. They called me at least five times a day for information almost to the point of harassment... More than one person called me daily and it seemed as if no one communicated with the other. I was led on and on saying a decision would be made and when my funds were deposited it could take up to three days for the funds to be in my bank. All in all, after all of the phone calls and requests for my no hassle, almost guaranteed loan, I was hassled, and then not given a loan at all. They have all my information and I'm upset by the whole application. Don't lead me on and harass me to drop me after all that time and work. They basically lied and strung me along. I'm angry.

Avant intentionally misleads loan applicants. I spoke with an Avant rep. I explained that I had been working hard to raise my credit score and had been successful in doing so. Now that I had a high enough score to get a loan... I wanted to get a consolidation loan to pay off debts and to reduce the amount of interest I was paying out to various creditors. I was told to put the app in. While filling out the online app, it specifically ask what kind of loan are you applying for. Of course I put consolidation loan. I was denied and told by another rep that my income to debt ratio was too high. I told her this was the purpose of applying for the loan, to pay off debt, lower overall interest that I was paying out. She then told me that "we don't do consolidation loans." When questioned about the loan options on the page and consolidation being one of them... She agrees that it was misleading and apologized.

Of course my credit score went down because of the hard inquiry. And Avant informed me that they now reserve the right to keep all of my private information for over 2 years. No doubt to solicit it to other agencies for their own benefit. I feel that this was Avant's intended goal to begin with. The first rep could have easily told me that they did not do consolidation loans. But they were very tricky in obtaining the personal information they wanted. I would not even give them 1 star. But it was the lowest option available.

Usually when being considered for a consolidation loan, the lender automatically factors in that your income will be higher once the various debts are paid and all of your overall interest will be lowered because of the consolidation. For this reason, a consolidation loan weighs your income to debt ratio differently, giving you a higher chance for approval than you would have with any other type of loan. This is why Avant misleads applicants to believe the loan they are applying for is a consolidation loan. But actually it's a regular loan that you have no chance of getting. They advertise that your credit score can be a minimum of 580, knowing that they are going to deny you and use your information. They were very SNEAKY and TRICKY in the way they conducted business with me. And they not only did not help me but they hurt me with the hard inquiry on my credit report. True CROOKS, LIARS and MANIPULATORS! Stay away from this company.

I received a pre-screened offer from them and started to complete application. When they asked for my bank account and password so they could "link" I became skeptical and went to Google and researched them and saw so many negative reviews. I did not complete the application. I disconnected the call. I then received an email telling me I needed to complete the application and the money would soon be in my account. I never answered it. Today I found out, they transferred $2310 in my bank account. I called them, they want $90 interest fee to take the money back. I never completed the application, don't want their money and I am not paying them a single dollar let alone $90. They are crooks. Any place that asks for your banking account password is crooked. They can debit your account any time they want. Reporting them to whoever I can.

Biggest mistake I ever made!! Avant is horrible. Aside from their interest rates being sky high, Avant's customer service reps don't have answers to my questions. Especially when you stump them with, "Can I speak with a manager, please?" But you never can... I don't think they exist! I've been trying to refinance my loan to a lower interest rate, so I'd like to speak with a manager to do that and ask more detailed questions about my loan. Well, the Avant reps will block that immediately with any excuse they can.

I'm currently trying to pay this loan off way early just so that this sham of a company doesn't get all the extra interest money. I've read other reviews about Avant and they're all the same: "Bad", "stay away", "can never speak with a manager", "paid off my loan, but still took money out of my account", and so on. Just go the the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU website and look up ALL of the complaints about Avant. I wish I would have done that before I took a loan out with Avant... lesson learned!!!

If I could I will give them no star. After asking for countless information they told me I wasn't qualified for a loan. Ok I think this was luckily for me because the APR was disgusting and now I am in doubt. I think the government must investigate why this people are asking for so many question and abusing customers. Are they link to a terrorist?

I applied to Avant for a loan. After meeting all qualifications, sending all my bank information routing number, checks, those several calls they made to me throughout the day I went to check to see if I qualify for the loan and find out my application was closed after logging into my account online. I was very disappointed in the service they showed me. After all the phone calls I received I assume the loan was good. After giving all my banking information to them not one time during the phone call did they say I didn't qualify for the loan. Would not be good. The only thing I was told was that I will receive the email for the confirmation of the funds being transferred to my account and it may take up to 3 business days depending on my financial institution.

I'm truly disappointed in the way they handle their business. I would assume it would be more practical to explain or to stop the process before collecting on his people's banking information. It makes it sound and look fraudulent. After all of this time I was denied the loan based on what I do not know. They never sent me an email until after I had to call, request one for the reason it after me meeting all of their requirements for the loan. This company doesn't care about the people that are applying and the damage that it causes their credit after the long process then denial. They should rethink their morals and integrity when dealing with people trying to reestablish their credit. Long story short lesson learned.

I got pre-approved for 12k. My score is 697. After submitting all the papers, they asked for taxes 2016 first, then 2015, then 2014. What was very suspicious is that they asked to connect my bank (login and password) with their account. They asked for my bank statement where I make way more than 10k a month, they hit my credit and denied. I would have never applied if I would not be pre-approved. READ OTHER PEOPLE REVIEWS. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

I applied for a loan with Avant for $5,000. I was told I was approved and was given a payment schedule and interest rate. I assumed this did, in fact, mean I was approved. I was asked how I wanted to make my payments. I gave them my banking information. I was also stupid enough to send a copy, front and back, of my driver's license and copies of my tax returns. Only once all of this personal information as sent was I then told "oh, never mind, you're not approved." I am very concerned now that I have provided all of this information that my identity will be violated. There is no need to have this sort of information, especially payment information unless a loan is approved.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

Avant, formerly AvantCredit is a personal loan company that’s helped 350,000 customers. Borrowers can access between $1,000 and $35,000 for debt consolidation, home improvement and/or emergencies. The company has a 96% satisfaction rating.

• Rapid application: In just a few minutes, prospective borrowers can complete an online application, which won’t impact the consumer’s credit score. If approved, the loan can be funded by the next business day.
  • Transparent fees: Transparent late or missed payment penalties.
  • Credit building: Avant gives borrowers an opportunity to build credit with on time payments and without collateral.
  • Available customer service: The customer service reps at Avant Credit are available 7 days a week to help customers by phone.
  • Courtesy due date adjustments: Avant offers courtesy due date adjustments in case a customer cannot make an upcoming payment.
  • Best for Individuals looking to refinance debt, planning a home improvement project or those facing an unexpected expenses.

Compare Personal Loans