1.27/5
Based on 160 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a loan company?

Hannibal, MO

170 Tower Loan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

This is one of the most crooked “businesses” I’ve had to encounter. Who are the people that work in these offices? Harassment to the fullest with these people. They even had some woman in scrubs come to my home asking for payment. I had no idea who she was and fortunately I knew not to trust her. Really??? Even after prior requests from my attorney and my employer to not call me they still repeatedly called. They take advantage of people like me that are in desperate situations. Do NOT borrow money from these types of places. You will owe at least triple of what you borrow. And then when you can’t afford to pay it back they will bully and harass you and anyone that they have connected to your name.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Tower Loan is awful. I would NEVER use them again. Ashley Furniture uses them and I should have researched first. They use your personal information (Experian Identity has been letting me know) and now others are bothering me endlessly. I’m getting solicitations for loans by call and through mail, and they keep making credit inquiries which lowers my credit score. Additionally, their website is awful. They don’t tell you initially how to sign on, and after many many phone calls (because they don’t answer the phone when you call), you finally figure out there is some bizarre additional number you need besides your account number in order to access the site.

Then, the site won’t give you your loan amount or payment history, AND they charge you an additional $5 every time you make a payment online. Oh, and they constantly call and leave you voicemails saying you must contact them about your account right away, but if you return the call they only ask if you want to take out another loan with them. This is an awful, poorly run company, and I will actively campaign against people using them. I ended up paying off my 2 year interest free loan in three months just so I would be free of them.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have borrowed money from Tower Loan for YEARS now - and have paid off numerous loans for all kinds of furniture projects in different houses. They are always polite and friendly to me - I have never had a problem or issue with them! From time to time they call and see if I need anything and any time I call to pay my bill or have a question - they are prompt and professional. Their loans for furniture are low payments and interest free if paid off in the time according to your terms. They also financed me when my credit was in a rebuilding period years ago and all the reporting helped me build up my credit through the loans I paid off. I have absolutely no complaints or issues with Tower Loan!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I pretty much had the same experience as the other complaints. They lie, they’re rude, etc. But what really angers me with Tower Loan after paying off my 2nd loan 1 yr ago with them they use my personal info to try to apply for a loan I didn’t know anything about. I found out when I got notifications from Credit Karma. I tried to call the Corp offices in Flowood, MS & was given the runaround. These people need to be shut down ASAP.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I feel the need to state the truth about my experience at the Columbia Missouri Tower Loan location. After leaving a review of how I was called derogatory names and cursed by a loan officer at Tower Loan because I changed my mind about getting a loan. Due to high interest I decided to borrow money from family to fix my car instead due to the fact that I already had an existing furniture loan with them so I didn’t want to put myself in debt. 30 minutes after I took out the personal loan I went back to the office to cancel, the loan officer stated I owed 80 dollars for a processing fee. I read to him where it stated I have 30 days to change my mind without charges and I called another location to verify and they stated the same thing.

I was cursed at and told he was the owner. I didn’t feel comfortable making my furniture payments in person with this 6ft man and I’m a 5.0 woman, so I would call to make payments and he would put me on hold and never come back to the phone or hang up on me, there was a female as well and if she answered she would laugh and put me on hold as well without returning to the phone. Just very unprofessional.

I left a review on here and I got a phone call from the owner literally a few days after posting and he said I better change my review because after 2 days I got my 80 dollars back and he made it clear he knew my address. So I changed my review to let people know I got my money back however that doesn’t excuse the fact of how I was treated. This depresses me after nearly 4 years I still have nightmares of this man. I still have the videotape of him cursing me and am considering a lawsuit. Stay AWAY from Tower Loan VOLUMNIS MISSOURI LOCATION!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?

Original review: June 7, 2018

The Tower Loan office in Daphne Alabama was formerly Harrison Loan before it was purchased by Tower Loan three months ago. I have had a loan with Harrison for nearly 3 years and always made my payment on the first of each month, never late. The first payment was due with Tower on April 2. I called in and was told that I had a late charge of $48. I told them that was impossible, and I was told that there was a glitch in the merger of the databases so they would have to send an email to HQ to get this fixed.

Two days later I called back and it was fixed and I made my payment. Then three days later I received a late payment notice from them which I ignored. Then a week later I received a final late notice, so I called them immediately and they told me to disregard it. The next month on May first I called to make a payment and it was the exact same problem all over again, late notices and all. But then on June 1 it got worse. I attempted to pay and was told I had a $10 late fee and was asked would I like to go ahead and pay and include the late fee. I asked would I get the $10 overcharge credited back to my account and was told No. I was shocked at that and said then just fix it like the past two months (I said a lot more than that actually).

I called back on the June 4 and it was still not fixed. I called back on June 5 and it was still not fixed. I called back on June 7 and was told that I can either pay the $10 or drive to the Foley Branch office (10 miles from my house) and they could accept a cash payment for the correct monthly payment. I got real ugly at this point and threatened them with notification to the Alabama Attorney General's Office, but she didn't really care, she just repeated my options, pay $10 or go to Foley. I told her Tower is punishing me for their problem and she said, "We are not punishing you, I am trying to help you". I told her that if I have to go to the bank and get cash and drive 10 miles each way to make a payment because Tower can't get their system resolved, then that is unfair and not an acceptable solution and I am reporting this.

She then proceeds to tell me if I would like to come in and get more money on a new loan that this problem would be fixed. I said, "Are you crazy?" and hung up. This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard of and according to Tower, there are several hundred of us with the same issue going on. They will not give me a name or number to talk to someone of higher authority. So as of now, I have not made my payment and I am approaching an actual late fee date, what a mess. I emailed a complaint to the Attorney General 30 minutes ago.

Original review: May 21, 2018

They called my wife’s number asking for me. She asked “who is this?” The answer “business office”. She asked, "What business office." They said “I can’t tell you, only your husband." I called back, could not understand a single word this girl said. Finally my wife called them back after three times asking her, she admitted that this was Tower Loan. Must be really ashamed working there. Collins, MS office. Call them it’s funny, if you can understand her, you’ll see she is ashamed to work there.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Yes I am a bit behind on my payments but Daniel in Springfield MO is the rudest person I've ever encountered. I am always in contact with them about my situation but they just don't care. They are confrontational and they like to threaten. Do not go to them for money. Do yourself a favor and run the other way. I owe them 318 and will be so glad when I am done.

Original review: April 8, 2018

**DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF** Unfortunately they bought out my loan account. They hung up on me because I do not believe that they are legit. They are ready to argue here and obviously love confrontation and putting on a show/causing a spectacle. We spent too much time on the phone for the last thing he said to be the most helpful. How can you ask people for money before you’ve got your own stuff together? DISRESPECTFUL, UNPROFESSIONAL, UNTRAINED, DISCOURTEOUS. Where is this buyout letter? Where is my receipt for my last payment? Where is my next bill? Why am I supposed to be mailing my payment to a P.O. Box? **I would give 0 stars if I could.**

Original review: April 3, 2018

I received a check in the mail not to mention this will be my third time cashing a loan check from them and I always paid it off. This time I lost my job so I couldn't make the monthly payments anymore and I was getting harassed and they called me daily 3 times a day. This time it was a person that called me from a personal cell number 3 times and sent me a text saying this: “You know you owe us some money from that loan you took out. You need to call me asap or I'm going to the police with this”, also another text: “Don't play with me. I have people in high places.” NO company should be doing this to people. This was more than harassment They threaten me. The interest rate is extremely high and they was trying to take me to court but I paid them back. 2900 is how much I owed them. These people are rude, unprofessional, and I hope Tower Loan go out of business.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I received a check in the mail from this company for 900 dollars. (A loan). I cashed it and thought I would pay it back fast. They called saying If I came into the office I could Borrow Another 500. Needing money I went to their office where they told me I needed to purchase insurance on the loan. Having never had a loan before this I signed the forms AND WAS SHOCKED when I received the amount due which was over 3500 dollars. I made some payments then started getting very very rude phone calls. Now I am being garnished for 4600 dollars.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I asked to borrow $300 and they told me I had to borrow $600. That $600 loan turned out to be over $1,300... when I made my first payment, they told me I could get $500 more... I did and they paid the first loan off with a little over $700. That $1,200 turned into $2,600 @ $100/26 months. When I felt that I had paid them a justified amount of over $1,800, I told them I wasn't paying anymore. They took me to court and the judge asked Tower Loan why we're wasting his time and mine because I was on Social Security Disability and my money could not be touched. They reported me as a charge-off and is due to fall off my credit report next year.

After that they tried to set up payment arrangements and I told them where they could go. I have had two loans with Harrison Finance and now Tower Loan has acquired Harrison Finance, but the nice people at Harrison Finance assured me that nothing would change with my current loan agreement. When this loan is paid off, I am done. I will not do business with Tower Loan and everyone I know that has done business with them, says Tower Loan SUCKS... don't do business with those CROOKS!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Very unprofessional and rude. They constantly call me instead of sending a past due notice in the mail. They printed out all of my information, address, phone number, account number, place of employment, last 4 of my social, etc., and posted it on my screen door for the public to see. It wasn't in an envelope nor was it folded. I spoke with the branch manager and told him that I was coming in with my payment. He still threatened to sue me. He told me that he will take all of my money, even my children's money. He said that he will make my life miserable. I told him that I will pay my loan off if he took me to court, and he told me that I have to pay 2000 for his attorney fees.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Am disabled. These people are so rude and annoying. They are threatening to sue and say I'm behind. I set up a payment they say I paid partial payment not what they told me. Please don't use these crooks.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Terrible. This guy (Dothan Alabama manager) calls 2 days after payment is due. I spoke to lady in office and told a date I would be in cause I was out of town. She said, "No problem." He calls back and says if I don't pay by 15th he will report to credit reporting agency. Remember it's only due 10 days ago which by law can't report less than 30 days then he said he will garnish or sue me again after I'm 10 days due again. Made a direct threat which is against the law. Do not use them!!! Terrible company to deal with.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

My experience is harassment! I have no idea what dealings with a loan shark are but I believe a loan with this group is one step above a loan shark. The loan finance companies should be looked into more closely. One day late on payment they will harass you!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I been out of the country for 6 months and when I came back they send me a letter and called found out that they sent me a check and said I cashed it? Now I owe 1400? Someone cashed the check or they lied. Will report it to police and get me a lawyer. They can’t just file credit reports for someone who did not cashed their check! They should be the one to report it to the police and find out who cashed it! Why would they even send me a check in which I do not need or applied loan for??!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

When they tell you over and over if you make payments you are interest free but they charge anyway. Do not ever pay online. Everyone should report to your state banking commission. We could stop it and file class action suit but it takes a lot of complaints.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Tower Loan is nothing but a bunch of crooks. They charge outrageous interest rates and do not post your payments every time. They call you a few days after you make a payment saying you need to make another right then. They put huge unnecessary insurance on your account that you do not need. They are rude! And somehow your balance goes up constantly instead of going down when you make payments. I would never recommend them and will never use them again!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Ripped off by TOWER LOAN OF MORGAN CITY LA. Angry and disappointed. There are no words to explain Tower Loan. They are a ripoff. They lie, cheat and steal your hard earned money. They won't even help you when you're trying to help yourself get out of debt by consolidating your bills. I DID so and I would be paying them over 50 percent of the bill. My bill is 117.00 and the company I went thru to cure my debt was sending them 88.00. Leaving a total of 29.00. That's half the bill. They told me by their supervisor Austin ** that if I signed for the 117 payment then they want their whole amount. This company is a fraud and a fake. They call you when you make a full payment to ask if you need money. But they also call you if your 5.00 dollars behind also. They are not true. They lie. They make your credit report bad. They are cruel and unworthy as a loan company. Please whatever you do when in need for money do not go to Tower Loan. They are a bad seed. The company is awful.

No matter how good it looks they will never help hard earnest people as myself and the others they have ripped off. Do not go get a loan from any branch. They are not worth your time nor your hard earned dollars. Find a First Franklin Financial company or a security finance company. They are good and solid and do not charge 44.44 percent on their loans. Forget Tower Loan. They will get what is coming to them when the BBB find out that they are stealing people's money. I for one will be giving them a call. They are just not worth signing your life over for. It will do you good to listen to these complaints about reprobated companies such as Tower Loan. Never will I go there again and I mean never. Take heed.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Tower Loan in Jasper, Alabama. Paid off the loan before the first payment was due and ask the "NICE" lady on the phone if I could send the payment in through the mail... she responded with "Absolutely" and she would close the account. She did not close the account and I have been charged interest fees everyday for over a month without my knowledge... I do not recommend Tower Loan!!!

Original review: June 6, 2017

In March I went and got a $1200 dollar loan. They had it down for a 2 year loan, by 2 years I was to pay back $1900 back. I went back the next day and paid $1000 on it. Which meant I only had to pay $200 plus the little interest. I went in to pay thinking might be at least close to $300, WRONG, they want me to pay back $600. I asked, "Why?" She said it occurs interest. I asked, "how much, $100 a month interest?" She told me it occurs interest daily, not monthly. What kind of scam are they playing here.

When I came in for the loan the young lady told me one thing. Now this lady is telling me something totally different. I will NEVER EVER deal with Tower again. I used them 16 years ago and I had never ever had this issue with them. But they are out of their mind and it should be illegal what they are trying to do. I was actually going to go in tomorrow and take out another loan with them. But not now, not ever. I will be taking my business elsewhere. I advise anyone thinking of going to Tower to think again. These folks are wanting money they aren't owed. And charging interest that they aren't owed. Not to mention I have NEVER yet received a bill from them. You know like you're suppose to get every month when you owe. The only thing they ever send me are checks for me to cash so I can owe them more money.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I have a loan with them. I had surgery on my hand and cannot work right now. I had papers filled out by my doctor. Now they are telling me I have to get them filled out again to file an insurance claim for which I pay for with this loan. What is their malfunction. This is so wrong for these people to be able to work there if this is how they treat customers. I will never get another loan from these people. Bad place to do business. This company needs to do more checking on their employees.

Original review: May 16, 2017

These people are saying I am 120 days past due with my payments, I'm sitting here with the cancelled checks in my hand where they accepted payments. They have had me served with a judgment against me twice where I work, if they proceed with a garnishment, I have an attorney that is willing to sue them because of filing a false lawsuit, pain and suffering over the constant harassment procedures they use on clients. My advice, file bankruptcy and avoid these vultures, you'll never be rid of them.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I haven't dealt with Tower Loan since before 2009 but when I went to get a loan from my bank, I realized that they had been making HARD INQUIRIES on my credit report which not only makes your credit score go DOWN but it stays on your report for 2 YEARS!!! Unless you have the credit bureaus investigate it and have it taken off. Tower Loan had been making inquiries to my account EVERY OTHER MONTH FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS. No wonder my score was so low. I tried calling the main office but could NEVER get anyone to answer the phone. I finally had the credit bureaus investigate and they were able to take a few off. My score jumped 50 points! Now I see they did it again in January! I made a complaint on their website, will see what will happen, then I guess the next step will be a lawyer. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR CREDIT SCORE IN GOOD STANDING.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I agree with a lot of people apparently. I will never have a loan from TOWER LOAN again. I paid off my loan early and waited to see it drop off my credit report. When I called to ask the local company they said they don't report but, every 3 months to the credit bureaus. This is done so you don't see your credit score improve and be able to find a lower interest rate with a legitimate loan entity like a bank where you will charged less interest. I also had a loan from Republic Finance and paid it off at exact same time. Within 2 weeks it was removed from my credit report. They now have any future business I will ever have need for.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Going through papers saw that they charged me for a auto club. I never received Any information on it. But when I called they said there is nothing they can do about. And that they are sorry. I feel if I Still have an open account there is something to be done. They will Never get my business Ever again. They didn't ever want me to talk to anyone at their home office. Never again Tower Loan.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I purchased furniture from Ashley Furniture after The Great Flood in Denham Springs, LA. They were offering zero % financing. I didn't check who it was being financed with and that's my fault. This was two years of zero % financing which means you have two years to pay the balance off whether it's all at once or in monthly installments. Well I was paying monthly and missed a due date - set by them and they called me every day. Now they say I have a $10 balance due for a late payment. They called again today after I paid the balance off because of the $10 balance. If I could I would give them a zero. In my book they rate an F for harassment. It's beyond harassment. I will pay the $10 but NEVER again. Hope this review will prevent anyone from borrowing from them whether it's known or unknown as a result of buying something that offers a zero % financing.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I will never use Tower again. Megan calls me at work after I've made payment arrangements with Alec in her office. I've requested never to call me at work, to which her reply is "she has the right". Extremely poor customer service!!!

Original review: March 9, 2017

I received a personal loan from Tower Loan in Zachary, LA. I have seen several bad reviews online about the company. My experience with the Zachary branch has been a great one. The manager and the staff are very courteous, polite and friendly and do all they can to help you, they are wonderful people. I extend an invitation to try going to that branch for your loans, they truly work with you. The only complaint I have with the company, nothing to do with the staff, the interest rate is much too high. Overall that branch has a great set of people with a wonderful friendly attitude.

Tower Loan Company Information