Hannibal, MO

It's free and won't impact your credit score

About Tower Loan

Find Personal Loans near you

Tower Loan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I took out a loan for my daughter to help her with a personal issue. She lost her job and was having trouble pay the loan. I called and asked if we could pay the interest on it and explained my situation. That technically it was my daughter's loan but in my name. I am on disability and can barely pay my own bills. They told me they didn’t do the pay the interest thing and that I needed to pay something by a certain date. They kept calling me, harassing my Mom, harassing my friend in Lake Charles. I called them once again and tried to explain my situation. Told them I couldn’t handle the stress right now. It’s the holidays, my son has been missing since Aug of 2014. That I was already fragile, to please stop I’m doing the best I can.

Finally they said if I brought a certain amount in by the end of the day that would catch me up till next payment. I got with my daughter, between the 2 of us we came up with that amount and she went and paid it. The VERY NEXT DAY, they are calling me asking when will we back in to make a payment. I explained to them that she went in yesterday and made that payment like she had said. She tells me, "Yes she did but she didn’t say that’s what it was for." I told her, "What do you mean?" She tells me to do a deferment. I would have had to sign a document. I told her, "But that’s not what you told me." She said, "When will you be back in to make a payment." I tried once again to explain to her, "I did what you asked, you didn’t apply it the way you said you was." Then I told my daughter to just go in as soon as you can and pay something. I don’t care how much, just anything. When she tried to do that they refused payment.

This month I went online and paid a note plus some, of course I still have a negative balance. Next day they are calling me asking when I was going to make a payment. I explained to them I just did yesterday but they told me I still owed a balance. NOTHING is good enough. It’s not bad enough that they constantly call me every 30 minutes but they call my Mom and Mary. Mary is fighting MS and has asked them to quit calling her. My Mom is 73 yrs old and taking care of a challenged adult. They need to STOP! I am about to take legal actions if this doesn’t quit.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

The people at Tower Loan are rude and and unprofessional. After my loan was paid in full in less than 90 days, Tower Loan reported to the credit report that I borrowed much more than I did. Tower Loan wanted me to put my car up for collateral. Because of the above reasons and more, I decided to take my business elsewhere. Tower Loan didn't want to take my final payment. I had to call about 4 times and they charged me more than I owed. Tower Loan won't update my credit report account to reflect paid on time x 3 months, and paid in full. I filed a dispute with the credit bureaus and Tower Loan still haven't updated my credit report. I was still approved through reputable and well established companies with much better terms. I didn't have to put my car up for collateral and the interest rate is less than half of what Tower Loan wanted to charge me. I, also, filed a review with the Better Business Bureau. Please, do your due diligence.

Get buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

Got a personal loan a while back.. first off their interest rates are astronomical even with good credit..I have fell on hard times recently. Both parents died within 4 mos and I have been sick among other things such as financial difficulties and they have hounded me to death! Today I got a SUMMONS from court over a small loan!!!! They also wouldn't work with me on change of due date where other companies will!! Worst of all my mom passed away recently was very very sick and hospitalized an UNGODLY amount and they wouldn't even defer a payment to the end for my poor mom!! They are heartless and money hungry!!!! DO NOT get a dime from them!! I wouldn't even if my family was starving to death!!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

I got a loan over 10 years ago with this place in Sikeston Mo. I fell on hard times and couldn't pay. Since then they have sued me and I got a 1900 loan. Know my court case online shows that amount as my judgment but when I got served the lawyer they used Schwartzkopf law office WROTE in a judgment interest of almost $9,000. Making me owe 10,000 not the 1900.00 and the garnishment is to be paid to that lawyer. Nowhere on Casenet does it show any interest amount to be paid only the 1900 judgment. I don't think this is legal at all.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

This company has very bad values and the way they talk to you over the phone is uncalled for, one manager talked over me. And demanded I make one late payment by Friday or she was going to take me to court. Then used foul language the bword said I was making up excuses as to why I missed one payment and wouldn't have the money until the end of the month, will not work with you at all, and demand the money be paid or else. I have already paid back half my loan on a monthly basis but they don't understand I only make 11.15 an hour at my work, and only work twenty hours a week. I'm not full time and then they constantly call and harass my parents, call me at my own work place when I don't call them back at their command.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

This is the worst possible place to do business with. These people, especially the management, have zero care, respect, professionalism, morals, and humanity. DO NOT use this business. By all means go somewhere else. Save yourself the headache.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I received a check in the mail and cashed it from Tower Loan. Since then I have had serious financial issues. I am a mom of 4 children and my youngest daughter was born with a rare blood disorder which requires multiple hospital stays, painful episodes, and many days of missed work for me. I can barely pay my rent. Mr. Ben ** from Zachary La tower loan (225-654-1539) initially came by my home a month ago. He told me he couldn't reach me via phone, so I provided him with the correct number.

I told him a little of my circumstances and I would try to pay something when I got my next check. I ended up missing more work due to my daughter’s hospitalization, and I also received NO calls from Ben on my new number. About 5 days ago I was in the hospital with my daughter and my children called me in tears. They said someone was beating on our front door and rang the doorbell over 10 times, and whoever it was stayed about 7-10 minutes repeatedly beating the door. I told them stay in the house and I would be there as soon as I could.

When I came home there was an envelope asking me to call Ben. I called Ben via my house phone today and the 2nd call I spoke with him. I told him I received his letter, but has he tried calling me on my home phone? He just said 'what is that number?" I told him it was the number I gave him when he stopped by. I asked if he was beating on my door last week and he stated yes. I told him that he terrified my children and to please not come back to my home. He immediately told me he is now going to sue me, and garnish my wages. He cut me off when I attempted to speak again and told me he didn't care at all about anything I have to say. He just continued to say 'when are you going to pay your 446.00?"

I advised him not to cut me off and to treat me with human decency and respect. He said no. He told me he will not speak to me with respect and I don’t deserve decency. I was calling him to discuss payment arrangements since I saw his letter. I wanted to try to pay the full balance but I didn't have it at the moment. But I wanted to let him know that I am trying to take a loan from my 401k to pay it but he wouldn't allow me to speak. He continued to tell me he didn't care about me, what I had to say, that this is a business and the people don't matter.

After trying to speak with him and let him know I refuse to be disrespected and spoken to this way, he still would not stop. I told him not to call me again and disconnected the call. He called back again which is against the FDCPA law. Once a consumer asks you to stop calling them you may not call back unless you are stating there will be no further contact, or to tell what actions you will legally be taking. However, when I answered the phone he said 'so you're a thief?" I calmly stated AGAIN, "If you would have listened I would have explained what is going on. Why would a thief call to make payment arrangements Ben?"

The intelligence is sub-par. The unprofessionalism is out of this world. The lack of human decency is disgusting. I asked to speak to someone else to solve the issue and he refused. I told him again that I am a person and I deserve to be spoken to with respect and if he had not of cut me off he would heard me tell him I have been in the hospital with my baby not knowing if she would live or die. He told me all I had were excuses. My child being in the hospital is ‘excuses’. Some humans justify their disgusting behavior to help them sleep at night. Anyone who can treat others this way is devoid of their humanity, and most likely hurting inside. I would advise Ben to get therapy & stay far away from customers. I would advise anyone else thinking of cashing a check with Tower loan to tear it up and throw it away. This is not how you conduct business, or get what you want from others. Kindness would have gone a long way, and best of all it's free.

Original review: June 22, 2022

These people changed my account number and service branch by themself. Since my first payment I went to the original branch at Schertz, TX, and set the autopay feature. They changed the account number without notify me and disabled the autopay feature without any notification. I received a mailed letter saying that I was behind my payment and adding $19.20 fee for late payment. I called the San Antonio branch and they just don't care about the changes that they made and the added charges, plus they make you to open an account on a online pay service that charges you an additional $2.95 per month. I ended paying $22.15 more per month because they arbitrarily, without my consent and without any notification changed my account branch and number. Scamming for extra money and forcing me to use their "online pay service" with another extra charge.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I have two accounts and only sign for one. You saying I owe one thing to CFPB but reporting something different. I’m getting a lawyer for this company. I know there are lawyers also doing wrong things. Don’t use them at all.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I had a small loan with Tower Loan and after many months of perfect payments they continued to call several times per month to say you have been approved for additional money. After several phone calls I called to inquire about a loan to repair my car for $600 with no change in payments. Once I got there and was reviewing the terms the payment amount had changed so I refused to sign and the representative got the manager to approve it at the same payment amount I was suppose to pay and added insurance that they said would not make a difference. I was told I was going to get $500 and then after I said I thought I was getting $600 so she said after talking again to the manager that I would get something like $597 with a new due date only. I was under the impression that I would keep my payments in the same pay range but that was not the case when I tried to pay them after calling to get new account number.

After speaking to the manager who tried to speak over me he kept telling me if I bring their check back uncashed then he could change the terms. I told him that was a month ago and you know it's been cashed but I can give you your money back and he said he needed the check. I told him he just lost a customer and he said he had 3500 more and I said minus one and the many others I hope decide not to do business with Tower Loan. Shady practices at a high cost.

Check Your Personal Loan Rates