Tower Loan

Tower Loan Reviews

Hannibal, MO

Let us help match you

What do you prioritize most?

About Tower Loan

• 5%
    • 2%
    • 72%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?
      Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 12, 2024

I used Tower Loan through a furniture company in June of 2023 and had no issues up until I moved states. Afterwards they harassed me constantly and contacted family that were not authorized to be contacted nor were their names on my account. I reached out to tower loan 2 weeks ago and requested a 10-day pay off quote to which the associate, Donovan informed me they cannot do that and I need to come in to get one. I informed him I moved to Oklahoma and I need it mailed or emailed to me. He was finally stated he would have a supervisor send it over. 2 weeks later he called due to a missed payment and I informed him I was waiting on the pay off quote. He said it was emailed and I asked him what the email was titled and the account that emailed it over and looked through my email entirely, including junk and was unable to find it.

When I told him this he became aggressive and when I asked him to send another one he said, "We can’t do that, you’re 3 months past due." I informed him I was trying to pay off the loan completely but I need that letter. His response was to shout it’s $54 to which I stated you don’t know what’s happening in my life financially and that’s not your concern and I’m telling you that I am wanting to pay it off but I need that letter. His response was I’ll send it again and then hung up on me. Extremely disrespectful and unhelpful, I also checked my receipts and I show a payment was made on 6/8/2024 showing he lied about my late payments. I do not recommend using them as their customer service is horrible. I went ahead and paid my past bill but will be in contact with his manager.

Staff

Reviewed July 5, 2024

A "1" is too high for this company. They are awful awful people. They not only harass you but they discuss your account with other people. I'm working towards filing a harassment suit against them. They have sued me. Adding 1700.00 in attorney fees. No warning and after I sent a partial payment. They know my situation and why I got behind but they don't care.

Get buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed May 21, 2024

I'm not sure what is going on at Tower loan, but the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. When I went into one of their locations to make my first payment, I told them I would like to set up automatic payments through my bank because I didn't want to drive to the office every month. They had no problem with that, so I signed all the autopay paperwork and left them a voided check. Every month, the payment has gone through my bank smoothly with no problems. But also, every month they call me to tell me that my payment is overdue! I finally talked to a manager, explained the situation, and she said she would put a note on my file that no one from the office was allowed to call me but her. Since then, they don't call me anymore, but now they send me "late notices" in the mail. Meanwhile, the payments continue to go through every month like clockwork and I've never had a late payment. Tower Loan really needs to get it together!

Reviewed May 17, 2024

I don't advise anyone who needs a loan to go into this place. I borrowed money years ago. Now I'm working again and I got a letter from them saying they are taking my paychecks this summer to pay the loan.

Reviewed April 16, 2024

I never knew I had a loan with with this company Tower; I bought furniture from Ashley and assumed it would be like with their credit card company. The first thing they say is a figure I suppose to owe which is wrong. I told them so and they said, "I have your signature and I will ruin your credit if you do not pay us the $3,500." First they do not have my signature that couch was canceled so they do not even know what is going on but decide to threaten me. My invoice says $2,745.00 NOOOO, NOOOO run from this company unless you want to be threatened and strong armed.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 29, 2024

Please stay as far away from this business as you can. If you have a bad day or say something they don’t like and you are late on your payment. They will automatically take you to court for the full balance. They are not friendly nor helpful. Their Google reviews are not based on true experience. It is their friends doing the reviews.

Profile pic of the author.
        Punctuality & SpeedLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed Jan. 16, 2024

Have paid off two loans twice now and both time early and they still final billed me for the rest of the interest on the contract. They use what they call rule 78, but even then I paid the loan 9 months early. STAY AWAY!

Customer ServiceStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2023

They check your credit which causes a ding in your score, never gives you a return call to say if you are approved or not, I had to make a call to the office only to find out. They never asked me if I wanted my score checked just proceeded to do it and when I called the lady said oh it was some underwriting company. If a person was in need of a loan they wouldn't help.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2023

The experience from this company is horrible. The amount of harassment calls is unbelievable. 10 plus calls a day. I don't recommend this company to anyone. Rude and unprofessional. The Oakdale office is the worse.

Loan ProcessRates

Reviewed Nov. 6, 2023

I have made ZERO loan inquiries. Yet Tower Loan sent me a $6,004.00 check out of the blue. No application or approval process. I'm sorry, that's not advertising, that's entrapment! That's not all, cashing it means I agree to a 35.8% interest rate! Almost $3,000.00 on top of the $6,000.00, and that's if I can pay it off in 2 years. Like probably most others who received one of these I definitely could not pay it off in that amount of time so the interest total would be even higher!

Luckily, I'm old enough to know better and not currently desperate for money. Unfortunately, that's not the case for all those who received one of these checks. Banks who use "live checks" target lower income, moderate credit folks. That's not my opinion, that's fact, Google it. These "live checks" leave so very many with terrible credit, and in a cycle of debt, just paying down interest. When they never even looked for a loan in the first place! In my opinion this is the absolute lowest of predatory Lending!

What do you prioritize most?

Tower Loan Company Information