1.25/5

Looking for a loan company?

Hannibal, MO

180 Tower Loan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 6, 2019

If I could rate this place Zero stars, that's exactly what they would get. This place is one of the most unprofessional places, and people I have ever had to deal with before. They will harass you, regardless of what you are trying to explain to them. They also will tell you very hateful things when you try to explain to them why you cannot make a payment. BRING HARRISON FINANCE BACK, it did not start until the transition of companies happened.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I initially got a loan through Harrison finance. I was always current on my loan for almost 2 years until Tower Loan bought them out and took over things changed tremendously for the worse. I refused payment until I saw new contract since I had not been in the office since I initially got the first loan. They are very unprofessional and the interest is ridiculous. They disregard the part about your privacy and will have no problem telling your reference details about your account. They will harass anyone linked to you and knock on your door like the sheriff. Might I add that I have video of a lady talking to my child through the door. I am currently being sued by them and at this point I am okay with that. I think they need to be exposed. Not sure how this form of LOAN SHARKING is legal. They will harass by phone and door. If you ask to see your contract that was currently under Harrison they have every excuse almost like they have to make one up.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have never seen a company like this before. Yes I'm a payment behind but still trying to pay. They harassed me and my family so bad. They are very rude and like to threaten you with garnishment and court. And they have even given out personal information about my loan to a family member that is not on my loan or even lives in my home. If you need a loan please go to another company. This is a nightmare. Never ever again.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I called at 9am 3/8/19 and asked for my payoff. I then asked what time they closed. I was told 6:30. I got there at 6:12 and already had my check written for the payoff I was quoted. The manager then gave me a different amount and said “we are open until 6:30 but our computers are already on Monday's date”... I proceeded to tell him that I asked him for the payoff for today and that i would be there before they closed. It's not the 8.00 extra dollars it's the dishonesty that should be of a concern to others. All he said was “sorry”.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Worse company ever. They try to ruin your credit. Put 3 hard hits. I'm on disability social security. Got behind when my husband got sick. They didn't care. They not only harassing me but my family. They call them after speaking with me so now court day coming up I will be there to tell the judge how they didn't even try to work with me. Just wanted to humiliate me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Office in Denham Springs, Louisiana is very unprofessional. She discussed my personal information with a household member that is not on the loan. Information such as the loan amount & when the loan was taken out. Please do not do any business with this company. If I am late on my payment discussing my loan information due to a hardship is not going to make me pay if I don't have the money. When you're late they act like it's the end of the world. Do your business with another company other than Tower Loan.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

In my opinion these snakes are the worst lenders in the business. I have several loans that have never been late even one day. After she was very rude to me she proceeded to tell me she was the head person in charge of Tower Loan. That being said I had an encounter with the manager in the Picayune store who told me she was Tower Loan and didn’t have a boss after I asked for their corporate phone number. I will sell my own plasma before I ever do business with these people ever again. Then when I found out who her boss was she was just as rude. I can now understand why Tower Loan is not a BBB member, I should have known better!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Had not reported to credit bureaus for months. I paid tower loan off months later. It’s still showing up on my credit report that I owe them. When I called them nobody would help me. Finally got a supervisor who said it was because they have a new computer system they hadn’t reported to the credit bureau my payments or that it was paid off for almost 6 months. This is unacceptable. I would never borrow money from them again and advise you to do the same.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have been trying since Saturday to find out why a loan request was approved for a lesser amount than requested. At first the person I spoke Tonga’s attentive and responsive. After being told he’d follow up, I hadn’t heard anything. I contacted him today, and he has accepted an answer from his upper management or corporate office and has disregarded one of my concerns. My credit report shows 2 hard pulls for credit review on my file. He says he’s been told they only pull one; suggesting I am being untruthful. He told me I must dispute with credit reporter.

Secondly, nobody in the entire Tower Loan organization can tell me why my loan was approved for less than what was requested. He told me a computer analyzes a request for credit, looks at many factors such as income, length on job and length at residence, etc. and determines what is an approvable amount. No human will review an application approves for less. However a human does look at all DENIED applications to see if their people can see something different than the computer to get someone approved.

I asked why situations as mine aren’t reviewed, and was told they don’t have the manpower or time to look at all “approved” applications in which an individual isn’t satisfied (or in my case curious). He then said a credit counselor (not with Tower—they don’t have them) would be able to tell me why I did not get what was requested. I explained that there was no way a third party would know why Tower’s COMPUTER approved us for one amount instead of what was requested. He then backpedaled that they would be able to guide me as to the troubled areas of our credit.

I am an educated consumer that would never use Tower Loan and their outrageous interest rates. Because the store we purchased furniture from is reputable and it is an interest free loan, I relented. What a mistake. I honestly feel as if my business is meaningless to them and since no interest is collected, my situation doesn’t matter. I’m mortified that the store has been notified of a reduced approval and angry that nobody can discuss WHY. My advice is to steer clear from Tower Loan and especially the one in Columbia, MO. They apparently don't care about good customer service. As a bit of background I have a lot of experience with credit, credit scores and debt. I’m not an idiot who accepts that a “computer” can give an accurate credit review.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My loan was purchased from Harrison Finance. I've never been late, however this company could not get records straight. Had me owning late fees when I was never late. Finally after contacting the BBB they said it was resolved. NOT. They are still calling and sending letters. When I call them they state they are sorry for the call and my balance is zero. RUN FROM THIS COMPANY AND NEVER LOOK BACK. THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

This is one of the most crooked “businesses” I’ve had to encounter. Who are the people that work in these offices? Harassment to the fullest with these people. They even had some woman in scrubs come to my home asking for payment. I had no idea who she was and fortunately I knew not to trust her. Really??? Even after prior requests from my attorney and my employer to not call me they still repeatedly called. They take advantage of people like me that are in desperate situations. Do NOT borrow money from these types of places. You will owe at least triple of what you borrow. And then when you can’t afford to pay it back they will bully and harass you and anyone that they have connected to your name.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Tower Loan is awful. I would NEVER use them again. Ashley Furniture uses them and I should have researched first. They use your personal information (Experian Identity has been letting me know) and now others are bothering me endlessly. I’m getting solicitations for loans by call and through mail, and they keep making credit inquiries which lowers my credit score. Additionally, their website is awful. They don’t tell you initially how to sign on, and after many many phone calls (because they don’t answer the phone when you call), you finally figure out there is some bizarre additional number you need besides your account number in order to access the site.

Then, the site won’t give you your loan amount or payment history, AND they charge you an additional $5 every time you make a payment online. Oh, and they constantly call and leave you voicemails saying you must contact them about your account right away, but if you return the call they only ask if you want to take out another loan with them. This is an awful, poorly run company, and I will actively campaign against people using them. I ended up paying off my 2 year interest free loan in three months just so I would be free of them.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have borrowed money from Tower Loan for YEARS now - and have paid off numerous loans for all kinds of furniture projects in different houses. They are always polite and friendly to me - I have never had a problem or issue with them! From time to time they call and see if I need anything and any time I call to pay my bill or have a question - they are prompt and professional. Their loans for furniture are low payments and interest free if paid off in the time according to your terms. They also financed me when my credit was in a rebuilding period years ago and all the reporting helped me build up my credit through the loans I paid off. I have absolutely no complaints or issues with Tower Loan!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I pretty much had the same experience as the other complaints. They lie, they’re rude, etc. But what really angers me with Tower Loan after paying off my 2nd loan 1 yr ago with them they use my personal info to try to apply for a loan I didn’t know anything about. I found out when I got notifications from Credit Karma. I tried to call the Corp offices in Flowood, MS & was given the runaround. These people need to be shut down ASAP.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I feel the need to state the truth about my experience at the Columbia Missouri Tower Loan location. After leaving a review of how I was called derogatory names and cursed by a loan officer at Tower Loan because I changed my mind about getting a loan. Due to high interest I decided to borrow money from family to fix my car instead due to the fact that I already had an existing furniture loan with them so I didn’t want to put myself in debt. 30 minutes after I took out the personal loan I went back to the office to cancel, the loan officer stated I owed 80 dollars for a processing fee. I read to him where it stated I have 30 days to change my mind without charges and I called another location to verify and they stated the same thing.

I was cursed at and told he was the owner. I didn’t feel comfortable making my furniture payments in person with this 6ft man and I’m a 5.0 woman, so I would call to make payments and he would put me on hold and never come back to the phone or hang up on me, there was a female as well and if she answered she would laugh and put me on hold as well without returning to the phone. Just very unprofessional.

I left a review on here and I got a phone call from the owner literally a few days after posting and he said I better change my review because after 2 days I got my 80 dollars back and he made it clear he knew my address. So I changed my review to let people know I got my money back however that doesn’t excuse the fact of how I was treated. This depresses me after nearly 4 years I still have nightmares of this man. I still have the videotape of him cursing me and am considering a lawsuit. Stay AWAY from Tower Loan VOLUMNIS MISSOURI LOCATION!!!

Original review: June 7, 2018

The Tower Loan office in Daphne Alabama was formerly Harrison Loan before it was purchased by Tower Loan three months ago. I have had a loan with Harrison for nearly 3 years and always made my payment on the first of each month, never late. The first payment was due with Tower on April 2. I called in and was told that I had a late charge of $48. I told them that was impossible, and I was told that there was a glitch in the merger of the databases so they would have to send an email to HQ to get this fixed.

Two days later I called back and it was fixed and I made my payment. Then three days later I received a late payment notice from them which I ignored. Then a week later I received a final late notice, so I called them immediately and they told me to disregard it. The next month on May first I called to make a payment and it was the exact same problem all over again, late notices and all. But then on June 1 it got worse. I attempted to pay and was told I had a $10 late fee and was asked would I like to go ahead and pay and include the late fee. I asked would I get the $10 overcharge credited back to my account and was told No. I was shocked at that and said then just fix it like the past two months (I said a lot more than that actually).

I called back on the June 4 and it was still not fixed. I called back on June 5 and it was still not fixed. I called back on June 7 and was told that I can either pay the $10 or drive to the Foley Branch office (10 miles from my house) and they could accept a cash payment for the correct monthly payment. I got real ugly at this point and threatened them with notification to the Alabama Attorney General's Office, but she didn't really care, she just repeated my options, pay $10 or go to Foley. I told her Tower is punishing me for their problem and she said, "We are not punishing you, I am trying to help you". I told her that if I have to go to the bank and get cash and drive 10 miles each way to make a payment because Tower can't get their system resolved, then that is unfair and not an acceptable solution and I am reporting this.

She then proceeds to tell me if I would like to come in and get more money on a new loan that this problem would be fixed. I said, "Are you crazy?" and hung up. This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard of and according to Tower, there are several hundred of us with the same issue going on. They will not give me a name or number to talk to someone of higher authority. So as of now, I have not made my payment and I am approaching an actual late fee date, what a mess. I emailed a complaint to the Attorney General 30 minutes ago.

Original review: May 21, 2018

They called my wife’s number asking for me. She asked “who is this?” The answer “business office”. She asked, "What business office." They said “I can’t tell you, only your husband." I called back, could not understand a single word this girl said. Finally my wife called them back after three times asking her, she admitted that this was Tower Loan. Must be really ashamed working there. Collins, MS office. Call them it’s funny, if you can understand her, you’ll see she is ashamed to work there.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Yes I am a bit behind on my payments but Daniel in Springfield MO is the rudest person I've ever encountered. I am always in contact with them about my situation but they just don't care. They are confrontational and they like to threaten. Do not go to them for money. Do yourself a favor and run the other way. I owe them 318 and will be so glad when I am done.

Original review: April 8, 2018

**DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF** Unfortunately they bought out my loan account. They hung up on me because I do not believe that they are legit. They are ready to argue here and obviously love confrontation and putting on a show/causing a spectacle. We spent too much time on the phone for the last thing he said to be the most helpful. How can you ask people for money before you’ve got your own stuff together? DISRESPECTFUL, UNPROFESSIONAL, UNTRAINED, DISCOURTEOUS. Where is this buyout letter? Where is my receipt for my last payment? Where is my next bill? Why am I supposed to be mailing my payment to a P.O. Box? **I would give 0 stars if I could.**

Original review: April 3, 2018

I received a check in the mail not to mention this will be my third time cashing a loan check from them and I always paid it off. This time I lost my job so I couldn't make the monthly payments anymore and I was getting harassed and they called me daily 3 times a day. This time it was a person that called me from a personal cell number 3 times and sent me a text saying this: “You know you owe us some money from that loan you took out. You need to call me asap or I'm going to the police with this”, also another text: “Don't play with me. I have people in high places.” NO company should be doing this to people. This was more than harassment They threaten me. The interest rate is extremely high and they was trying to take me to court but I paid them back. 2900 is how much I owed them. These people are rude, unprofessional, and I hope Tower Loan go out of business.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I received a check in the mail from this company for 900 dollars. (A loan). I cashed it and thought I would pay it back fast. They called saying If I came into the office I could Borrow Another 500. Needing money I went to their office where they told me I needed to purchase insurance on the loan. Having never had a loan before this I signed the forms AND WAS SHOCKED when I received the amount due which was over 3500 dollars. I made some payments then started getting very very rude phone calls. Now I am being garnished for 4600 dollars.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I asked to borrow $300 and they told me I had to borrow $600. That $600 loan turned out to be over $1,300... when I made my first payment, they told me I could get $500 more... I did and they paid the first loan off with a little over $700. That $1,200 turned into $2,600 @ $100/26 months. When I felt that I had paid them a justified amount of over $1,800, I told them I wasn't paying anymore. They took me to court and the judge asked Tower Loan why we're wasting his time and mine because I was on Social Security Disability and my money could not be touched. They reported me as a charge-off and is due to fall off my credit report next year.

After that they tried to set up payment arrangements and I told them where they could go. I have had two loans with Harrison Finance and now Tower Loan has acquired Harrison Finance, but the nice people at Harrison Finance assured me that nothing would change with my current loan agreement. When this loan is paid off, I am done. I will not do business with Tower Loan and everyone I know that has done business with them, says Tower Loan SUCKS... don't do business with those CROOKS!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Very unprofessional and rude. They constantly call me instead of sending a past due notice in the mail. They printed out all of my information, address, phone number, account number, place of employment, last 4 of my social, etc., and posted it on my screen door for the public to see. It wasn't in an envelope nor was it folded. I spoke with the branch manager and told him that I was coming in with my payment. He still threatened to sue me. He told me that he will take all of my money, even my children's money. He said that he will make my life miserable. I told him that I will pay my loan off if he took me to court, and he told me that I have to pay 2000 for his attorney fees.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Am disabled. These people are so rude and annoying. They are threatening to sue and say I'm behind. I set up a payment they say I paid partial payment not what they told me. Please don't use these crooks.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Terrible. This guy (Dothan Alabama manager) calls 2 days after payment is due. I spoke to lady in office and told a date I would be in cause I was out of town. She said, "No problem." He calls back and says if I don't pay by 15th he will report to credit reporting agency. Remember it's only due 10 days ago which by law can't report less than 30 days then he said he will garnish or sue me again after I'm 10 days due again. Made a direct threat which is against the law. Do not use them!!! Terrible company to deal with.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

My experience is harassment! I have no idea what dealings with a loan shark are but I believe a loan with this group is one step above a loan shark. The loan finance companies should be looked into more closely. One day late on payment they will harass you!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I been out of the country for 6 months and when I came back they send me a letter and called found out that they sent me a check and said I cashed it? Now I owe 1400? Someone cashed the check or they lied. Will report it to police and get me a lawyer. They can’t just file credit reports for someone who did not cashed their check! They should be the one to report it to the police and find out who cashed it! Why would they even send me a check in which I do not need or applied loan for??!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

When they tell you over and over if you make payments you are interest free but they charge anyway. Do not ever pay online. Everyone should report to your state banking commission. We could stop it and file class action suit but it takes a lot of complaints.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Tower Loan is nothing but a bunch of crooks. They charge outrageous interest rates and do not post your payments every time. They call you a few days after you make a payment saying you need to make another right then. They put huge unnecessary insurance on your account that you do not need. They are rude! And somehow your balance goes up constantly instead of going down when you make payments. I would never recommend them and will never use them again!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Ripped off by TOWER LOAN OF MORGAN CITY LA. Angry and disappointed. There are no words to explain Tower Loan. They are a ripoff. They lie, cheat and steal your hard earned money. They won't even help you when you're trying to help yourself get out of debt by consolidating your bills. I DID so and I would be paying them over 50 percent of the bill. My bill is 117.00 and the company I went thru to cure my debt was sending them 88.00. Leaving a total of 29.00. That's half the bill. They told me by their supervisor Austin ** that if I signed for the 117 payment then they want their whole amount. This company is a fraud and a fake. They call you when you make a full payment to ask if you need money. But they also call you if your 5.00 dollars behind also. They are not true. They lie. They make your credit report bad. They are cruel and unworthy as a loan company. Please whatever you do when in need for money do not go to Tower Loan. They are a bad seed. The company is awful.

No matter how good it looks they will never help hard earnest people as myself and the others they have ripped off. Do not go get a loan from any branch. They are not worth your time nor your hard earned dollars. Find a First Franklin Financial company or a security finance company. They are good and solid and do not charge 44.44 percent on their loans. Forget Tower Loan. They will get what is coming to them when the BBB find out that they are stealing people's money. I for one will be giving them a call. They are just not worth signing your life over for. It will do you good to listen to these complaints about reprobated companies such as Tower Loan. Never will I go there again and I mean never. Take heed.

Tower Loan Company Information