Find a Loan Companies partner

3. Loan Companies

Hannibal, MO

1.2/5 (193 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Tower Loan

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Tower Loan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I took a loan 3 months ago back in May 2021. I was in need of help, the job I had wasn’t helping me get by so I took a loan out with these people. Til I found something else. Worst mistake I have ever made… only took a 1,000 dollars. 2 weeks after I took the loan lost my job. I communicated with them to explain to them what’s going on. July rolls around had a good job. Started making my payments middle of july, this is were it all goes downhill.

8-8-21 came I was making weekly payments of a $100. Kept records of the payments to them. They called said I never made a payment and now I owe 3,500 to them. I asked, "Where is the money I paid y'all and have been taking out towards my loan." Neve gave me an answer. So so I said, "Y'all do know I have my bank records of the money being taken out to pay the loan off."

Harassing me daily… got to the point they came to my work. Made a scene at my job asking for me, demanding my employer to give them money, all it did was piss my employer off and let me go. So back to looking for another job.. I found out where the money was going. One of their workers was pocketing my money and say they never got it, Already at this time I have a lawsuit against them. About this 8-23-21 they called at 4:00 harassing me again and threatening me saying they are going to send the law, have me arrested, thrown in jail. This place is in Kennett Missouri. They are disgusting pe.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

Tower Loan does not help people, they hurt people. When you're in a bind, sometimes out of desperation you choose avenues that are wrong. I truly agree with everyone of the reviews I read. The company is heartless. The Bible says usury is wrong. These people are going to have to answer to God for their tactics against the poor and those who have no idea what the company will do even if you have a crisis, they laugh at you and say others are in the same boat. As a Veteran who served their country with honor, who has physical disabilities like a lot of good folks is now realizing the insanity of trying to pay off this company of a loan that has tripled because of their high interest. I now live on a government set income, they cannot touch me. My loan would have been paid off by now had the interest not been so high. Please never set foot in their office for any reason. You have been warned.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2021

This is the worst loan company ever. I've had a loan with them for a little over 2 years, was always on time with payments up until a couple months ago. They started calling me at work, so I told them do not call me at work. Later that same day, they called me at work again, so I talked to the District Manager. He was really no help, just like Alexa and everyone else at the office, he just kept overtalking me about getting a payment. Wasn't too concerned at all about them violating my rights and calling me at work. Can't wait to be done with them, they actually called my job again about a week later. Then called to solicit additional funds after I caught the account up. What a joke.

Original review: March 6, 2021

Tower loan sent me an unsolicited loan in the form of a check, not a fake check but a real check! I had never heard of them before. They sent the check out in the midst of the Chinese virus and also a few weeks before Christmas. I cashed the check, that's on me, I was trying to survive what covid had done to our country... But again, I was stupid and cashed it. They ARE THE WORSE company I have ever had to deal with! They call people after I have asked them not to call (I have no idea how they got the numbers of relatives and friends). They treat you like a criminal and talk to you with so much disrespect it's appalling! They constantly spoof their phone number to make it look like it's coming from a different place, even a different state!

I have never been late on a single payment in any of my many credit cards and car loan, I caught covid and was out of work for more than a month, I told them this, do you think they cared? As soon as I was done telling them how I am just recovering from the disease and have been out of work, how I have a son with autism and have been paying for his many medicines insurance wont cover, they said (without missing a beat) "well you cashed this check, so you owe us this money, how much can you pay today." They asked if I could borrow money from a family member so I could pay them! Well, I take my credit seriously and I will pay them, but they definitely made it to last on my list. And to ANYONE THINKING OF USING THESE PREDATORS,...DON'T DO IT! Ride it out if at all possible because this company is the poster child for DISGRACEFUL, PREDATORY LENDING PRACTICES!!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I finally received a settlement check after 4 1/2 years from the great flood of 2016. After carrying a very small second mortgage with what is now Tower Loan for 14 years, without a single late payment, and the balance at only $4k, the Hammond Louisiana office would only endorse the back of the settlement check if I would pay off this long and very high interest loan. Of course, they already received most all of the interest on the 15-year loan. The loan was originally taken out with Harrison Finance but sold out to Tower loan in recent years.

Harrison Finance would allow to me walk in the door at my convenience, with my flood insurance check, and sign the back without question and send me on my way. And these were very sizable checks, up to $20,000. This office and its manager are despicable. Imagine, holding hostage a check I desperately needed for 4.5 years and they hold it hostage. Imagine their surprise when I pulled strings and got it done. They were livid. Year, they still have me on their junk mail list.???

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I have never dealt with a ruder more unprofessional company. I deal with the Anniston branch, and ALEX is the worst customer service/employee that I've ever seen. Extremely rude. Can't believe they are still in business.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I went to Tower Loan company in July of 2018 and was about to apply for a loan but they responded to me that their system was down and that it will be back up soon and asked if I would like to wait. I decided to wait. My children was with me and it was taking longer than expected for their system to come back up. I spoke to the lady that was working with me that I wasn't going to apply for a loan and that I was leaving. Well in September I went on Credit Karma to check on my credit report and notice that my score had dropped. I looked to find out why and notice that tower loan company did a inquiry on my credit report without my permission.

I contacted the company immediately and spoke with the manager which was told to me they had to talk with someone in corporate and get back with me. I never received a call back so I kept contacting them. I figured out how to get in touch with someone at the corporate office and spoke with a gentleman there that stated he would take care of it. He responded it will take 30 days before the inquiry is removed.

In October 2018 I went on credit karma again and notice my score dropped again. Instead of them removing the inquiry they did another inquiry on my credit report. Now I have two inquiry on my report from them. I contacted Equifax and Transunion to report this and they both stated I need to contact tower loan company and they are the one that have to remove the inquiry/ I contacted tower loan company head corporation and spoke with a gentlemen and responded to him what Equifax/ Transunion stated, he then had someone from the Lee's Summit Mo branch office to contact me and have me to come in and sign a document that stated the inquiry were requested in error.

I mailed the document to Equifax/Transunion. They sent me a letter back stating they couldn't remove the inquiry. I contacted Equifax/Transunion and asked why the inquiry couldn't be removed. They stated they couldn't. Tower loan company has to remove it. They also responded that tower loan company knows the procedure and told me to tell them if they are having problems to contact them. Well once again I contacted the gentlemen from tower loan corporation and responded to him what was told to me. He became angry. Refused to remove the inquiries. Horrible customer service, dishonest, liars, they have no business etiquette whatsoever. This place needs to be closed down for good!

Original review: April 13, 2020

I received a check through the mail in Nov. 2019. I was use to doing business with Harrison Finance that was purchased by tower loan. I cashed the check from Nov, 2019. So I kept getting calls from tower loan that they had an extra $1000 if I needed it. Due to the Covid 19 I finally said ok after the 7th call in 2 weeks. The girl said I would just need to come in to sign papers and pick up check. I told her I was busy but would try.

The next day she called again so I dropped everything and ran to sign papers. When I got there she sat down with me and started asking did I have a lawnmower, I said yes, she said, "What kind," I said a push mower, she listed that I had a zero turn, she ask about tools, I said I have a pair of pliers, screwdriver, hammer, just little little essential things a woman uses in a home. She listed tools at &100, socket set at $100, wrench set at $100. She ask about Tv, I told her I had a dinosaur tv because I don’t watch a lot of tv, she listed as flatscreen at $500, 2nd flat screen 65” at $500, she ask if I had a computer, I said I had a laptop my son gave me used about 8 years ago, she listed that at $300. She ask if I owned chainsaw, compressor, shed, I said no but she still put a price by all those things. Needless to say all this time I did not know she was putting value on things that were false.

She left to wait in a customers for about 20 minutes, I told her I was in a hurry and we could just cancel the loan. She came back and said, "No just let me print the loan for you to sign and _____ can't remember her name—-will give you your check." Needless to say she rushed through the signing of paperwork. Not once did she tell me she had put my prior loan with this one, nor she she said all the items she ask about was collateral until I ask her but still didn’t realize she listed stuff I don’t own.

After getting check a, the next day I pulled out loan papers, YEP she had combined loans (paid off previous). Had all kind of stuff listed as collateral but also charged me credit life ins for $215.88, property ins $404.12, Liberty Motor Club $120. I called and ask for supervisor, it says I have 30 days if I don’t want loan. Needless to say it’s been 10 days and I have not heard from a supervisor. Just a smartass manager. They are no working numbers for corporate office. Guess what, if they can’t work with me and redo my first check loan and take back their $1000 then they can eat this Loan. I own nothing and I draw Social Security so let them bring it. I have already spoke with an attorney. Please don’t do business with this company. They are misleading with loan disclosures and I feel infringement upon my rights. I was looking for an amicable resolution but they are not. So happy collecting Tower Loan.???

Original review: April 4, 2020

I completed payment of 2 loans with Tower. The 2nd one refinanced an earlier original loan in 2013 and paid off in October of 2014. Paid in full. Closed current and reported as paid in full - there were late payments during the loan that were correctly reported. Suddenly on April 1 2020 they hit my credit report and tanked it 50 points. Then called attempting to collect on that debt with threats of legal action. I will obtain an attorney and I WILL proceed with legal action. I have worked very hard to restore my credit and this illegal, threatening action is absolutely despicable. I expect immediate reversal of their current actions against me and my credit report. Horrible company.

Original review: March 20, 2020

This place is the worst place to get a loan from. They still want their payments and my husband has gotten laid off from his job, because of this COVID - 19 virus. I know we were behind in our payments, before this COVID -19, but with all the late fees they charge you can never get them paid off.

Tower Loan Company Information