1.24/5

Looking for a loan company?

Hannibal, MO

Looking for a loan company?

Tower Loan Reviews

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

This loan company is horrible. They are very unprofessional when it comes to discussing your account. The workers call and harass you and your family. They want you to miss your payments and not pay so they can file a judgment against. They have ran my credit every month and when I called the manager stated he couldn't see my credit being ran that many times and that they ran it to see where I was currently working. That Is not true because they are garnishing my check from my job and they are still running my credit every month and nobody seems to have a good reason on why. The supervisor are just as rude as the workers.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

My 85 year old sickly mother accepted a loan through Johnson's Furniture in Shreveport. 12 mos, no interest. Sounds good. Until you realize.... They don't send a statement. Ever! No way of telling when your payment is due, how much is owed or what your balance is. Their scheme is all about making you MISS payments so that you default on the no interest plan. I called and they specifically REFUSED to send a statement. At face value, this is fraud! And against an ailing senior citizen. Stunning that this business is allowed to conduct business. So long as Johnson Furniture is associated with this financier, my family will no longer do any business with them. And we will advise our network of friends to boycott them as well. It's repulsive!

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I WENT TO BUY A USED GOLF CART AND THE GUY SAID, "WE HAVE 24 MO. SAME AS CASH, WHY USE YOUR MONEY. SOUNDS GOOD RIGHT." I signed the contract didn't notice that there was no # to contact them. They get good people with good credit and try to give them bad credit by making it difficult to pay them back so they can charge their fees. The contract did not have a account # on it, so I tried to call them and my payment on the contract is due soon but when I call them they said, "It has only been two weeks. You are not in the system yet". I hope by now you can see the big picture. Stay away from Tower Loan. If someone ask you to get free interest from Tower Loan, run!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Because of the managers at the airport store Blake and Thomas, I wish I could give this review a 0!!! Please read!!! Beware of this company and particularly the airport store. Find anyone other company this one!! I had an apparently resolvable issue, and I've never been talked to so rudely and ugly in my entire life as a 100% risk free customer.

Thomas (refused last name) is supposed to be a co-manager there was the most vile, belligerent, disgusting piece of nothing I have ever encountered in my life as a consumer. After he cursed me out and said he'd resolve my matter, he transferred me to Blake who was just as rude and continued to keep saying he is hanging up and that the calls are not monitored and that he did not care that I was told the matter would be resolved he refused to help. I called another location who flat out said that the manager Blake lied about call recordings and that they have complaints all the time on this location!!! She said calls are monitored and recorded. He refused to help and advised me to go to their site and voice my issue. Never mind the co-manager who promised on a "recorded line" he'd handle it. I am going to the BBB, CFPB, and their website to give them the slightest chance. I will update with ending.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Went online to make my loan payment, and they’ve increased the convenience fee. Driving 30 miles one way to drop off a payment is not convenient, but trusting the mail, and quite honestly trusting tower loans to credit it properly, is difficult to do as well. But might have to start driving back to drop off my payment just so I don’t have to pay that extra $5.00 online. To pay almost $5.00 for a convenience fee is simply outrageous. If I could do it all over again, I wish I never would’ve taken out a loan to start with. I will do no more refinancing. Not only that, when email to let them know the date I’m going to pay, I still get a phone call wanting to know when I’m going to pay. So it’s not even notated that I called. I’m just going to get the darn loan paid off so I can be done with it. Worst mistake ever! Live & Learn!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

My husband and I went to Tower Loan in Picayune, MS. We applied for a loan, bought in the paperwork they asked for and was told it would be 3-5 days before we would know if they would be able to help us. Also they have a sign in there stating "Everyone is approved". After 5 days we called and was told we have to speak to one person that deals with real estate loans. Needless to say the person was either on vacation, out to lunch or at another office. After dealing with this for 1 month, we finally were told it was looking good. But then my husband called 8/15/19 and was told they couldn't help us. Instead of making us wait all that time and getting our hopes high they basically lied to us. I wish they would have told us sooner. I will not recommend anyone doing business with Tower Loan.

Original review: May 6, 2019

If I could rate this place Zero stars, that's exactly what they would get. This place is one of the most unprofessional places, and people I have ever had to deal with before. They will harass you, regardless of what you are trying to explain to them. They also will tell you very hateful things when you try to explain to them why you cannot make a payment. BRING HARRISON FINANCE BACK, it did not start until the transition of companies happened.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I initially got a loan through Harrison finance. I was always current on my loan for almost 2 years until Tower Loan bought them out and took over things changed tremendously for the worse. I refused payment until I saw new contract since I had not been in the office since I initially got the first loan. They are very unprofessional and the interest is ridiculous. They disregard the part about your privacy and will have no problem telling your reference details about your account. They will harass anyone linked to you and knock on your door like the sheriff. Might I add that I have video of a lady talking to my child through the door. I am currently being sued by them and at this point I am okay with that. I think they need to be exposed. Not sure how this form of LOAN SHARKING is legal. They will harass by phone and door. If you ask to see your contract that was currently under Harrison they have every excuse almost like they have to make one up.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have never seen a company like this before. Yes I'm a payment behind but still trying to pay. They harassed me and my family so bad. They are very rude and like to threaten you with garnishment and court. And they have even given out personal information about my loan to a family member that is not on my loan or even lives in my home. If you need a loan please go to another company. This is a nightmare. Never ever again.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I called at 9am 3/8/19 and asked for my payoff. I then asked what time they closed. I was told 6:30. I got there at 6:12 and already had my check written for the payoff I was quoted. The manager then gave me a different amount and said “we are open until 6:30 but our computers are already on Monday's date”... I proceeded to tell him that I asked him for the payoff for today and that i would be there before they closed. It's not the 8.00 extra dollars it's the dishonesty that should be of a concern to others. All he said was “sorry”.

Tower Loan Company Information