Hannibal, MO

It's free and won't impact your credit score

About Tower Loan

Find Personal Loans partners near you

Tower Loan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?

Original review: June 22, 2022

These people changed my account number and service branch by themself. Since my first payment I went to the original branch at Schertz, TX, and set the autopay feature. They changed the account number without notify me and disabled the autopay feature without any notification. I received a mailed letter saying that I was behind my payment and adding $19.20 fee for late payment. I called the San Antonio branch and they just don't care about the changes that they made and the added charges, plus they make you to open an account on a online pay service that charges you an additional $2.95 per month. I ended paying $22.15 more per month because they arbitrarily, without my consent and without any notification changed my account branch and number. Scamming for extra money and forcing me to use their "online pay service" with another extra charge.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I have two accounts and only sign for one. You saying I owe one thing to CFPB but reporting something different. I’m getting a lawyer for this company. I know there are lawyers also doing wrong things. Don’t use them at all.

Get buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I had a small loan with Tower Loan and after many months of perfect payments they continued to call several times per month to say you have been approved for additional money. After several phone calls I called to inquire about a loan to repair my car for $600 with no change in payments. Once I got there and was reviewing the terms the payment amount had changed so I refused to sign and the representative got the manager to approve it at the same payment amount I was suppose to pay and added insurance that they said would not make a difference. I was told I was going to get $500 and then after I said I thought I was getting $600 so she said after talking again to the manager that I would get something like $597 with a new due date only. I was under the impression that I would keep my payments in the same pay range but that was not the case when I tried to pay them after calling to get new account number.

After speaking to the manager who tried to speak over me he kept telling me if I bring their check back uncashed then he could change the terms. I told him that was a month ago and you know it's been cashed but I can give you your money back and he said he needed the check. I told him he just lost a customer and he said he had 3500 more and I said minus one and the many others I hope decide not to do business with Tower Loan. Shady practices at a high cost.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I received a call claiming that I had a check cashed in my name. I told them that there is no way I was in the city it was cashed because I am in school in a town hours away and can't spend time going back and forth for whatever amount they are telling me I cashed and owe due to me being busy and not needing a loan. Now that I told them it wasn't me and to mail me whatever they need to they are now threatening to sue cuz of the fraud they're trying to do in my name and claim that they can't send me anything to sign cuz its a legal document and they need my id which seems extremely sketchy.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

Like many Americans, I ran into some struggles financially. One day, I received this check in the mail. It was from Tower Loan. I had just gotten a new job, but I didn't have any money saved up and I had expenses coming due soon. So I cashed the check with the expectation that I would be able to repay the loan. For context, I am dealing with the Rockford, IL branch specifically. Well, that didn't happen. I made the first payment, but then lost my job in some unfortunate circumstances. I became ill and cannot work anymore due to the nature and severity of my illness. I am also currently not eligible to draw disability benefits, as I have not gone through that process yet.

Now that we're all set up, let me tell you about my experience so far. The first call or two wasn't so bad. They called, asked why I hadn't made my payment yet, no big deal. I explained my situation to them, and they let me be. A few days later, I get a call from the manager. His name is Zach, and he talks with a rather distinct hint of a southern accent. That's not important, but what is important is how rude he was. I once again explained to him my situation, and he demanded to know when I would be able to pay. I told him I didn't know, but it wouldn't be in the immediate future. He became rather rude and said "That's not good enough. I need to know when to expect your next payment!" I told him I had no way of knowing that as I, unfortunately, cannot see into the future. Still, this wasn't too bad. The next part is worse.

A week passes. Suddenly, I get a call from my mom. She tells me that some loan company was asking her about me and told her to tell me to give them a call. Then I get a call from my dad, my grandpa, my aunt, and some relatives that I haven't seen in literally 15 years or longer. All of them wanted the exact same thing. They all passed on the same message. I can understand how they found my immediate family, but I have no idea how they got in contact with my distant relatives. So I called them back. I get a random person on the phone. I was absolutely livid. I told them if they ever called any of my family again, I would file suit.

The very next day, I get a call from Zach again. He half-heartedly apologizes for getting my family involved, but then he wants me to see things from his point of view. He literally says "Man, I just need you to understand that I'm doing my job. By not keeping my numbers up, you would be taking food out of my kids' mouths. Now I don't want that to happen, and I know you don't want that to happen. So just make an arrangement with me to pay, and I promise these phone calls stop." I don't know what he thought that would achieve, but it only served to make me see red. I went off on him, telling him that guilt tripping me doesn't make money suddenly appear in my pocket. I then hung up my phone and kept ignoring their calls for the rest of the day.

Time passes, more calls, more offers, and more pleading. I still can't get a job, I'm on constant treatment for my illness, and I'm currently fighting in the courts to get disability. Zach had the audacity to go to my grandparents' house in person to hand them a letter for me in my absence. I called him up and absolutely reamed him out over the phone. He has the stones to tell me that if I just make a payment, he will leave me alone. I tell him "What part of I don't have any money, do you not understand?" He tells me that I must have some money, as my other bills are still current. I tell him, yeah, because my essential stuff is being paid for by my family. He then gets the nerve to tell me "So this isn't important to you?" I tell him no. He hangs up.

More time passes. It is now late September/early October of this year. Zach tells me that he's going to have to send this up to the lawyers since I won't pay him. I tell him to go ahead, it won't make any difference. He asks why not. I tell him because, like always, I have no money. He then stupidly suggests that he will take it out of my family's bank account. I tell him he literally cannot do that, as my contract is between only me and them, not also in my family. He then says he will take my personal property to settle the loan. I tell him that I own absolutely nothing of value. He asks about a TV, a laptop, and other belongings. I tell him I own none of those things, which is true as I didn't buy any of them myself. He calls me a liar, but admits that he can't really prove that the items are mine.

This takes us to this afternoon. Zach has called me once again after more than 6 weeks of not hearing from him. He once again seems to have forgotten that I am sick, cannot work, and still have no money. He's still threatening to sue. I tell him he will just be wasting the resources in doing so, as you cannot collect orange juice from a turnip. So there it is: A tale of someone who made an error in judgment, and another man who engages in predatory business practices yet lacks any shred of decency and common sense. Do not take even a dollar from them. They will hound you until the end of time, regardless of the reason you cannot pay them.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

This company has been practicing Predatory Lending!!! Have taken advantage of poor, elderly folks in Mississippi (probably everywhere) with scare tactics and taking appliances, lawnmowers, TVs, and refrigerators as collateral!!! Needs to be investigated by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I am in the middle of filing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. I have my 3rd meeting with my attorney this week. I was served at home this morning. I have given these people my attorney’s contact information at least 5 times. The manager (she) is rude, nasty, and uneducated about the laws. The staff is nice but do not know the laws. The manager told me that a bunch of people say that they are filing bankruptcy and don’t and that she would collect the money owed however possible. She also said that my bankruptcy was taking too long and that basically I was a liar. I reported her behavior and lack of knowledge to corporate headquarters. Honestly due to the violation of the laws my account should be paid in full.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I took a loan 3 months ago back in May 2021. I was in need of help, the job I had wasn’t helping me get by so I took a loan out with these people. Til I found something else. Worst mistake I have ever made… only took a 1,000 dollars. 2 weeks after I took the loan lost my job. I communicated with them to explain to them what’s going on. July rolls around had a good job. Started making my payments middle of july, this is were it all goes downhill.

8-8-21 came I was making weekly payments of a $100. Kept records of the payments to them. They called said I never made a payment and now I owe 3,500 to them. I asked, "Where is the money I paid y'all and have been taking out towards my loan." Neve gave me an answer. So so I said, "Y'all do know I have my bank records of the money being taken out to pay the loan off."

Harassing me daily… got to the point they came to my work. Made a scene at my job asking for me, demanding my employer to give them money, all it did was piss my employer off and let me go. So back to looking for another job.. I found out where the money was going. One of their workers was pocketing my money and say they never got it, Already at this time I have a lawsuit against them. About this 8-23-21 they called at 4:00 harassing me again and threatening me saying they are going to send the law, have me arrested, thrown in jail. This place is in Kennett Missouri. They are disgusting pe.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

Tower Loan does not help people, they hurt people. When you're in a bind, sometimes out of desperation you choose avenues that are wrong. I truly agree with everyone of the reviews I read. The company is heartless. The Bible says usury is wrong. These people are going to have to answer to God for their tactics against the poor and those who have no idea what the company will do even if you have a crisis, they laugh at you and say others are in the same boat. As a Veteran who served their country with honor, who has physical disabilities like a lot of good folks is now realizing the insanity of trying to pay off this company of a loan that has tripled because of their high interest. I now live on a government set income, they cannot touch me. My loan would have been paid off by now had the interest not been so high. Please never set foot in their office for any reason. You have been warned.

Original review: April 24, 2021

This is the worst loan company ever. I've had a loan with them for a little over 2 years, was always on time with payments up until a couple months ago. They started calling me at work, so I told them do not call me at work. Later that same day, they called me at work again, so I talked to the District Manager. He was really no help, just like Alexa and everyone else at the office, he just kept overtalking me about getting a payment. Wasn't too concerned at all about them violating my rights and calling me at work. Can't wait to be done with them, they actually called my job again about a week later. Then called to solicit additional funds after I caught the account up. What a joke.

Check Your Personal Loan Rates