Tower Loan

Hannibal, MO

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My payments are little over $200 a month. I made a $500 payment in November, and since the beginning of December they are harassing me with phone calls stating I've paid them late. I will admit my December payment was 3 days late, due to when I received my paycheck. They are the worst lender I've dealt with and will NEVER use them again. I'm planning on getting them paid off asap - with my tax refund.

I took out a loan for approximately $700 from them, and have had no issues whatsoever. (I'm roughly 8 months in to the loan, and nearly paid off.) They've been kind and courteous. They have called me a couple of times, attempting to offer me an additional loan of up to $4,000, but when I declined, they were polite and did not pressure me. They simply asked me to keep them in mind if I had any future needs.

I foolishly got a loan with Tower Loan after purchasing a bedroom set from a company that uses tower loan. The bedroom set wasn't worth it. They call every day sometimes back to back and are extremely rude. When they leave a message it's just a first name and that's it. They do not say who they are with or why it's in my best interest to call them back immediately. This is not good business. They call at all hours and from different numbers. I got a little behind and now I owe a fortune to this horrible business. I am a disabled OIF war veteran and have been battling with a disorder that is extremely painful and have had to have several surgeries. Also, I am not supposed to have any stress or the pain is almost unbearable. So when they call I don't answer because I refuse to be treated like a dog or threatened by them over the phone. Stay clear of this company.

I have had a loan with Tower Loan in Monroe, La for almost 2 yrs. When I owe 2 payments, they want to threaten to garnish my pay check. It is a total lie if you are 3 months late that they can garnish your check. I used to work for a loan company. They are so jive. We can't wait to pay them off. Never again. Don't go there!!! Ever!!!

This so called company is unreliable, not trustworthy. Asked for a payoff. Sent them a check, called to verify they received my payoff and they said I still owed them 4 dollars and some change. Talked to the manager and she was rude. I sent them an additional 25 dollars and asked them for a overpayment refund check. Stay away from these scammers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?

I have been doing business with Tower Loan in Bossier City, LA for a little over 3 years. I recently have had medical issues. I got behind on my payments. I have contacted them and let them know. They harass me everyday, they call my references every day and told one of my references who they were. They have knocked on my door a few times. The last time they knocked on my door they told my husband what they wanted and why they were there. Granted he is not on my loan and they should of never told him anything. Please do not use them for anything!!!

I received a call this morning from the "store manager" Katie. The same annoying phone calls I receive at least once a week while I am trying to work. I answered the phone and she asked for me by my first name only, which I thought was very unprofessional to begin with. I did not have the number saved because they call off a different number every time. For personal reasons I do not verify who I am unless I know who I am talking to. I do the same thing every time they call and I have NEVER had this problem or been talked to and treated so poorly. When she asked for me by first name I asked "Who is this" and she would not tell me. She then asked for me by first name only again. I asked "Who is this" again, she replied with "This is Katie." I asked "Katie who" and with an attitude she said "IS THIS ASHLEY?!" I again said "Who is this." She said "This is Katie. Never mind" and hung up on me.

A few minutes later I called back, because at this point I still have no clue I am even dealing with someone at what is suppose to be a professional business. Someone else answered the phone when I called back so I told them what happened and asked for a manager and she told me Katie was the manager. So I asked for a corporate number and she would not give me any info on a corporate number. I called the Pearl MS store and got the info.

A supervisor called me back a little while later and was also very rude and took up for her. She told me that Katie put in her notes that I said things that I DID NOT say and put in there that used the word "stupid" with her. VERY untrue. The supervisor told me "Well it's in the notes so it was not made up." Then told me I did not have to worry about getting a call from them ever again. Once I get them paid off I will NEVER use them again. They are the most rude and unprofessional people I have ever dealt with!

The branch manager came to my house a couple of times. I have never known of any loan company representatives making house calls, other than title loan companies. I have been doing business with this company for 2 or more years now. Very unprofessional workers. Attitudes are horrible. Once I pay them off I hope that I never have to use them ever again!!! Situations happen and you get behind sometimes, but to call all day every day is not necessary at all. I don't talk to them, I don't like speaking with any of them because of their attitudes. I just mail my payments in when I am able to pay it.

I have had several loans with this company and until I changed jobs to accommodate my childcare schedule always paid on time in full. When I fell behind only a few days the calls began, 2 or more phone calls per day. I asked the lender to not call me before 3:30 because I was in class. The lenders continued to call in the morning, and then called in the afternoon. When I finally found a full time teaching job after my first month working I contacted them to get the correct mailing address. The person gave me the mailing address then asked me who she was speaking to.

When I told her she told me my regular payment of 215 would not be acceptable and that if I didn't make the full payment for what was owed including court costs and late fees they would sue me. I let her know to go ahead and sue me then because I am not paying this company more than 700.00. Also when I first got behind on my payment I tried to add the debt to a consolidated credit account and they refused the terms because it would not benefit them. The company would get the amount owed to them if the terms were agreed to, but they would not get the same financing rate of 35%. I knew it was a bad decision when I took out the loan but didn't have any other options. I'm going to avoid Tower Loan going forward no matter how much I need the money.

I have been with this company for over a year and always made my payments on time. I got one month behind and I have stayed in contact. When I tried to make arrangements I was talked to like I was a dog and told no I would be taken to court! I then was trying to explain and the lady name Clarissa in Laurel, MS was SOOO RUDE and degraded me by saying "Oh this is coming from somebody who can't pay their bills!!!!" She don't know what I am going through and when I am staying in contact and trying to work on my payment. There is no need for the way they treated me!!!!

This company is the worst! I wouldn't recommend anybody get a loan from them... They constantly harass you, threaten you with legal allegations and call your job and references harassing you... Even if you fall one month behind they harass you nonstop.

These people call nonstop and have even left harassing messages. We pay over the amount due every single month and pay off seems to never go down. We never miss a payment but we can't always get to their office to pay the day it's due. They say that's the only way to pay our bill. As soon as the bill is due literally the day it's due they start calling. Twice a day in the morning and at night. I've told me several times to stop calling. The bill is paid EVERY month and they hang up on me. Due to the flooding here I've told them "Please stop calling. I would pay it as soon as we could get there" but they continue to call. Twice a day!! This place is horrible!!

I got a tower loan check in mail. It was in my maiden. I went to tower loan. They said to go ahead and cash it that they will change the last name on contract. They never did. Go divorced, ex not having to pay. I am on ssi, got in bind, went to tower loan office to get loan back on track. 1200.00 is now almost 5000.00. Just in interest. Wtf. I was not informed of lawsuit. I was never served. I received a letter AFTER I made arrangements with Tower Loan office of lawsuit. I get threats, threats to my children and grandchildren. This is legal mafia crap. If anyone suing I want in.

I have 2 accounts with Tower Loan in Byram, MS. One acct is for my mom and one for my grandmother. We have had them both over a year and there's never been a problem with paying them. Today my grandmother called in and they refused her payment because my name isn't on the debit card, which it never has been. They proceeded to tell her she could come in but only with cash. So I called in and they informed me that's always been their policy, though she's been paying it the same way over a year. I called a second branch since the manager wasn't in and was informed as long as I give them permission there shouldn't be a problem.

When I called later I spoke with the manager and she informed me the other branch was wrong and that's always been the policy. I asked her how long she had been there because we've been doing it that way and she refused to answer me. I was trying to get some insight to see if we were being singled out or if she was new but she got an attitude and refused to answer. She denied telling my grandmother she could only pay in cash and then told us we could pay at any branch, which we were told last time my mom tried to pay at another branch that we could not. Everything I said to this manager today was met with an attitude. I'm tired of this company's inconsistency and will be done with them after these accounts are paid off.

I recently was put on disability. My problem with Tower Loan is they constantly call day a payment is due. They leave threatening messages and even called my 16 year old son, told him If I did not make payment they would drive to my house. I told him if they ever call again tell them I will issue a warrant for coming onto my property. I will pay my account but I won't be threatened or bullied into a payment. They did drive out to my house. Ridiculous, they will not remain in business long. I agree class action lawsuit is exactly what needs happen. Should be laws against bullying for payment.

I was sent a check in the mail and I cashed it. I paid the amount that I was told to pay monthly for over a year. I have medical problems so I was put in the hospital for a while and when I got out I was over medicated and my parents did not know about the loan to keep my payments up. I have since called them to make arrangements and was told that the branch manager was just walking in and the lady placed me on hold.

Once the branch manager (Jessie), got on the phone and I gave him my name he placed me on hold and then the lady picked up the phone stating she would be handling my account. I told her about arranging payments on my account and the total she gave me was over $3,500.00, which was a $1000.00 plus what my total loan originally was with the interest and everything else added in. I then ask her about a hold that was placed on my bank account and was told that they did not place holds on bank accounts and she would have to talk to her branch manager/supervisor who has been in meetings all morning. Now remind you I just got off the phone with him right after he had just walked in. I then explained to the lady that I could pay a note today if they would unlock my account because that account is what would allow me to pay them. She insisted they did not place holds on accounts and would call me back as soon as she talked to him (Jessie).

So I then called the bank who told me to call the court house after they gave me a case number. I then called the court house who told me the branch manager, at the Waveland office, signed the hold papers. I then called Tower Loans back and I could not believe what I was told, another lie. This time the lady who said she was handling my case now told me that the branch manager, Jessie, had been in the ER all morning and she would have him contact me once he returned.

I then told the lady on the phone that "when I called this morning you put him (Jessie, branch manager), on the phone with me and when I told him my name he put me on hold and then gave the phone back to you. A few minutes later after we talked you told me you would be handling my account, and would talk to your supervisor/branch manager about the hold on my account because he had been in meetings all morning." I then ask her which one was it meetings or ER and I was rudely cut off and hung up on. I'M STILL WAITING ON A RETURN CALL!!!

I don't feel I should have to drive 50 miles to pay on my account when they have a online payment option, but the thing is, no matter how many times I put in the correct information the site tells me that it does not recognize my information. Well, I feel as much interest I pay on my loan from TOWER LOAN. The least they could do is fix the online payment center. It isn't fair that I be made to pay late charges due to their website not working properly.

I got a $2500 check in the mail June of 2015. My husband and I were in a bind at the time. My payoff was suppose to be $3200. I was paying 210 a month that started in July 2015. When it got to be November I had to lower my monthly payments to 175 (due to the holidays coming up). When I did that it just looked like I have not paid anything. I owe them $2800 (keep in mind the pay off was 3200). I have been up to date on my payments. It's like a never ending thing. Interest is tacked on every month making it nearly impossible to pay it off. Here is where the real problem came about. My husband just got laid off in February 2016 so we are living off my income at the moment which is barely keeping our bills paid.

I went and dropped the insurances on the loan a couple of months ago but it still looks like my balance has not went down. Well, up to February 2016 I was on time with my payments, it is now March 2016 I could only pay them 20 bucks in February and they are blowing my phone up. I got a phone call today from a girl that worked there, (I told her the situation we were in). She told me to call the manager tomorrow that there are 5 insurance policies showing up on my loan that can be dropped. I was so mad I had "supposedly" got all the insurance dropped off the loan to lower the balance. I have even asked the manager a couple of times if everything extra is on the loan I want to drop. He would tell me that there is nothing else to drop. Basically, lying to me.

All tower loan does is screw people over. They will not work with you on lowering your minimum payment. There is no point in me calling the manager to get those insurance policies taken off. All he will tell me is that there is none on the loan. We are struggling to live, and I know they will start with their threats of taking legal action. I just don't know what to do. I stress over this all the time! I recommend to never cash a check from them or use them for anything! They are rude and they don't care if you will eat the next day or keep your lights on as long as you pay them!

I got a phone call from one of your employees, about a family member. I hadn't been able to get ahold of this family member. My sister has also gotten phone calls from a few of your employees in the last 3 weeks, so when I tried to tell this young man I couldn't get ahold of my family member, and that I'd like my number taken off the list, he hung up on me. If I were his mother, I would have let him know how rude that was. Shame on him for doing that!

I was just at Tower Loans to make my payment with my debit card! One person working! And he wasn't authorized to take a debit card! Seriously?! The manager just stepped out for a moment and will be back! I went out of my way and all I got was a sorry!

This company is horrible. Even if your bill is paid up, they call you every day the week before to make sure you don't forget to come in and pay. If you don't answer your phone, they'll start calling your family, or references, and they tell erroneously who they are and what they're calling for. They have no respect for the fair debt practices act. I was a month behind and they called my mother and screamed at her and made her cry. BEWARE. These people are evil.

You can't pay them off, every time I make a payment it never go down.

I have had a couple of loans with this company before without any real complaints. I received a check in the mail for $1400. I was in a tight so against my better judgement I cashed it. They started calling me 2-3 times a week to offer me $500 or whatever else I needed. I would tell them no thanks and then they would remind me that I had a payment coming up and they could take it over the phone if I wanted. I was making payments online thru their online service in which they charged $3-4 for the transaction. I was ok to pay that without having to deal with them.

After the first couple of weeks and 4-6 calls later, I was tired of them calling me with the same old story. I travel for work and try to only make/take business calls during the day. They would call me only during working hours and I reminded them that I was at work and didn't need to take personal calls. This had no effect on them and the calls continued. Working out of town, whenever I saw a local call then I would answer it because I thought it was legitimate. It always turned to be one of their loan hounds. I started blocking their calls on my phone and whenever I look at my call log, there are multiple calls from them. They act as if they are out of money and have to have yours back asap in order to stay in business. Due to their unprofessionalism I will never do business with them again and highly recommend that others use extreme caution when dealing with these pushy, rude people.

Tower Loan of Byram is the absolute worst place I have ever gotten a loan. These guys wanna call and demand money 6-10 times a day, they are very willing to trespass on your property. I got a loan through a separate location of Tower Loan and had no problems until my account was moved to the Byram branch. Since then I have been refused documents, payments have been held in order to give them grounds to take me to court, the amount owed never adds up. The manager is a class act **! I've gone over the manager's head to the regional manager he's no different. I will not use this company ever again.

We've always paid Tower Loan, maybe late a couple of times because we were too busy dealing with my elderly mother's heart problems and our oldest son's heart problems. We're not hardly home at all because of this now. Rest assured whenever we were late, it was because we were busy and just forgot and when we realized, we immediately paid them IN FULL. This time we're a month and a half behind and we asked if we could pay in FULL again on Friday October 16 2015, and they downright refused payment. We even went as far as to say not only will we pay in full Friday but let's setup an auto pay every month so if we get caught up in our own family's medical necessities, they could get paid regardless. That wasn't good enough! They said if it wasn't paid by the Thursday Oct. 15 2015 then they would garnish our wages!

I don't know how we're going to be able to pay for my son and mother's medical expenses if they do that, much less take care of our mortgage, utilities, kids, etc. They're going to take 25% of every check! Please, if anyone is thinking of using Tower Loans business, DONT!! They're worse than the mafia!!... It's a huge scam! ... Please pray for us, we NEED them. Thanks.

Tower Loan is a ripoff. I took out a loan with them for 2.500. They did not tell me how much I was to pay back. They told me nothing like the other loan places do. They ask me did I want my paperwork shred. I say no, mail it too. She said ok. They never mailed me nothing, so I called them on the phone to ask where my paperwork was. "You was suppose to mail it to me". She said, "We don't mail paperwork." So I paid my first bill, still no paperwork yet. So I have not paid them nothing since #1 2.500, and they sent me an letter in the mail saying I owe 5.070.00. That's over a dollar on a dollar. So now they are sending me letters in the mail threatening to file a lawsuit against me, and she also got smart mouth with me over the phone. They are a big ripoff.

Back in 2012, I had taken out a loan with Tower Loan. After three years they had my check garnish; ok the amount super exceed the amount in judgement because it still right now accruing interest. Tower Loan is a rip off!!!! If I had known what I know now. Never would have received my social security number.

I am very pissed off right now with this company: Tower loans. They are very rude. Their Customer Service is horrible. They call three to five times a day with threats and they have missed you they privacy law and the arbitration act. This company has so many bad reviews. I can't see how they are still in business. They need to be shut down by the government or the FBI. They loan amount was 1500.00 and they say I owe $4000.00. Now I don't know how that is. But I am going to filing bankruptcy because of this now. I have a newborn that has had some health issue and they don't care. They are rude about it. They have been call me when I was at the hospital with my son. Very inconsiderate of my son. I am calling the BBB to filing a complaint with them.

Applied for a car loan here in Little Rock where I live. While they looked at my credit they informed me that I have a Tower Loan that has not been paid. I have never had a Tower Loan in my life. Contact them and they said I had a loan from Shreveport. They stated I had a loan back in 2008. While it is true I did live in Bossier at one time, I never took a loan from Tower Loan. I spoke with the manager of the place and he told me that he could not produce any paperwork because the loan is so old and they charged it off. I have always paid my bills and I would remember a loan if I took one from them, but I never did.

I disputed it through Transunion and it was deleted from my credit report, however, it showed up on Equifax next and Equifax sent me an email stating that the loan was mine. I never took out this loan and now Tower Loan is saying it is legit but can't produce any paperwork. They are liars and cheats. I hope they crash and burn, and I can care less about their workers being unemployed.

My every conversation was a "thug like" threat from the guy on the phone. They called incessantly, 5, 6 times a day! They bugged my Pastor. They bugged (called) my uncle in CA. They were horrible! They bugged my Pastor's mother thinking that their threats would force me to pay. I call Tower Loan the Mafia. To me, your businesslike practices promotes your businesslike greed and anxiousness. I loathe this company and not wish to speak with them. THEY'RE MEAN MEAN MEAN!

Tower Loan Company Profile