Tower Loan

Hannibal, MO

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Going through papers saw that they charged me for a auto club. I never received Any information on it. But when I called they said there is nothing they can do about. And that they are sorry. I feel if I Still have an open account there is something to be done. They will Never get my business Ever again. They didn't ever want me to talk to anyone at their home office. Never again Tower Loan.

I purchased furniture from Ashley Furniture after The Great Flood in Denham Springs, LA. They were offering zero % financing. I didn't check who it was being financed with and that's my fault. This was two years of zero % financing which means you have two years to pay the balance off whether it's all at once or in monthly installments. Well I was paying monthly and missed a due date - set by them and they called me every day. Now they say I have a $10 balance due for a late payment. They called again today after I paid the balance off because of the $10 balance. If I could I would give them a zero. In my book they rate an F for harassment. It's beyond harassment. I will pay the $10 but NEVER again. Hope this review will prevent anyone from borrowing from them whether it's known or unknown as a result of buying something that offers a zero % financing.

I will never use Tower again. Megan calls me at work after I've made payment arrangements with Alec in her office. I've requested never to call me at work, to which her reply is "she has the right". Extremely poor customer service!!!

I received a personal loan from Tower Loan in Zachary, LA. I have seen several bad reviews online about the company. My experience with the Zachary branch has been a great one. The manager and the staff are very courteous, polite and friendly and do all they can to help you, they are wonderful people. I extend an invitation to try going to that branch for your loans, they truly work with you. The only complaint I have with the company, nothing to do with the staff, the interest rate is much too high. Overall that branch has a great set of people with a wonderful friendly attitude.

I am writing this review to hopefully save someone from the nightmare I have had to endure with Tower Loan for 10 years. I originally started with this company for a bedroom loan for around $1000 to be paid in the 2 year period. Before getting to the payoff, Tower Loan offered me money of $500 dollars. I accepted the money and then the nightmare began. The payments were about $120 dollars a month. Heaven forbid you are a day late, because the charges with rack up and you will not be able to catch up payments.

Over the course of the next 8 years, I maybe accepted $200 dollars total after this. I kept trying to play catch up from getting behind on payments. When they offer you to "Get caught up" and not be late, I guess what they do is take the late charges and make a whole new loan on the late charges, again charging you more and more interest. 10 years into this loan, I still owe $3000 dollars. Although, I paid almost all of the original loan money, I still owe an extremely lot of money. Every time I get a receipt, the amount owed is still $3000 dollars. I am now beginning to investigate and get print outs of my time with them.

These people are great harassers. If you are ONE day late, they will call you 15 times a day from 4 different numbers, they will call all of your references all day, they will call your work several times a day, and the most appalling of all "THEY WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE". Yes, they have come to my house on about 5-6 occasions. There are some days, I am not sure if I can ever repay the loan. Being single with 3 kids and having many surgeries to pay off, it seems like they will be a thorn in my side for a while. I am hoping by making this review someone will see what this company is doing to innocent people!! Yes, I did get money from them, yes I know that I have to pay it back with some interest, but the way they are doing their interest and taking advantage of people should be illegal. DO NOT WHATSOEVER GO THROUGH THIS COMPANY FOR ANYTHING!! You will regret it!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?

I was in contact with Tower Loan Slidell every month in reference to my payoff and they knew I wanted the No interest option and didn't tell me the contract ended before my last payment was due, so they charged me an extra 400.00. I will never do business with them again. They didn't tell me I apparently missed a payment in July, I called every month I thought to make a payment, the last call I made she said "your last payment will be 149.00", that was in Jan. When I called to make the payment they said "Oh, so sorry our contract ended Jan. 27th. Now you owe 528.00." Never again!!! Dishonest.

The staff at Tower Loan at the 28 East branch were courteous and very understanding anytime I had problem making payment. They were persistent with phone calls but it was simply to find out when I thought I would be able to make a payment. I spoke mainly to ** or ** and I must say they were both great at customer service. I read reviews before taking out loan with them and was skeptical because of the negative remarks made by so many but I would strongly recommend the branch on 28 east to anyone in need of a loan. I spoke to a couple of gentlemen at times and wish I could remember their names so that I could list them but can't recall their names. I never spoke to anyone at Tower Loan that was rude in any way. They have a job to do and often that job involves trying to collect on a debt but they did it in the most professional way possible and with patience and understanding.

Ridiculous!!! Asked why I was late and told them I had a biopsy and needed to pay hospital, told to 2 different people and both "snickered/chuckled". REALLY!!! If I were you, DO NOT GET A LOAN FROM THIS COMPANY (Lee's Summit, MO). You are laughing because I had a bill I needed to pay for a cancer screening. Unreal!

My payments are little over $200 a month. I made a $500 payment in November, and since the beginning of December they are harassing me with phone calls stating I've paid them late. I will admit my December payment was 3 days late, due to when I received my paycheck. They are the worst lender I've dealt with and will NEVER use them again. I'm planning on getting them paid off asap - with my tax refund.

I took out a loan for approximately $700 from them, and have had no issues whatsoever. (I'm roughly 8 months in to the loan, and nearly paid off.) They've been kind and courteous. They have called me a couple of times, attempting to offer me an additional loan of up to $4,000, but when I declined, they were polite and did not pressure me. They simply asked me to keep them in mind if I had any future needs.

I foolishly got a loan with Tower Loan after purchasing a bedroom set from a company that uses tower loan. The bedroom set wasn't worth it. They call every day sometimes back to back and are extremely rude. When they leave a message it's just a first name and that's it. They do not say who they are with or why it's in my best interest to call them back immediately. This is not good business. They call at all hours and from different numbers. I got a little behind and now I owe a fortune to this horrible business. I am a disabled OIF war veteran and have been battling with a disorder that is extremely painful and have had to have several surgeries. Also, I am not supposed to have any stress or the pain is almost unbearable. So when they call I don't answer because I refuse to be treated like a dog or threatened by them over the phone. Stay clear of this company.

I have had a loan with Tower Loan in Monroe, La for almost 2 yrs. When I owe 2 payments, they want to threaten to garnish my pay check. It is a total lie if you are 3 months late that they can garnish your check. I used to work for a loan company. They are so jive. We can't wait to pay them off. Never again. Don't go there!!! Ever!!!

This so called company is unreliable, not trustworthy. Asked for a payoff. Sent them a check, called to verify they received my payoff and they said I still owed them 4 dollars and some change. Talked to the manager and she was rude. I sent them an additional 25 dollars and asked them for a overpayment refund check. Stay away from these scammers.

I have been doing business with Tower Loan in Bossier City, LA for a little over 3 years. I recently have had medical issues. I got behind on my payments. I have contacted them and let them know. They harass me everyday, they call my references every day and told one of my references who they were. They have knocked on my door a few times. The last time they knocked on my door they told my husband what they wanted and why they were there. Granted he is not on my loan and they should of never told him anything. Please do not use them for anything!!!

I received a call this morning from the "store manager" Katie. The same annoying phone calls I receive at least once a week while I am trying to work. I answered the phone and she asked for me by my first name only, which I thought was very unprofessional to begin with. I did not have the number saved because they call off a different number every time. For personal reasons I do not verify who I am unless I know who I am talking to. I do the same thing every time they call and I have NEVER had this problem or been talked to and treated so poorly. When she asked for me by first name I asked "Who is this" and she would not tell me. She then asked for me by first name only again. I asked "Who is this" again, she replied with "This is Katie." I asked "Katie who" and with an attitude she said "IS THIS ASHLEY?!" I again said "Who is this." She said "This is Katie. Never mind" and hung up on me.

A few minutes later I called back, because at this point I still have no clue I am even dealing with someone at what is suppose to be a professional business. Someone else answered the phone when I called back so I told them what happened and asked for a manager and she told me Katie was the manager. So I asked for a corporate number and she would not give me any info on a corporate number. I called the Pearl MS store and got the info.

A supervisor called me back a little while later and was also very rude and took up for her. She told me that Katie put in her notes that I said things that I DID NOT say and put in there that used the word "stupid" with her. VERY untrue. The supervisor told me "Well it's in the notes so it was not made up." Then told me I did not have to worry about getting a call from them ever again. Once I get them paid off I will NEVER use them again. They are the most rude and unprofessional people I have ever dealt with!

The branch manager came to my house a couple of times. I have never known of any loan company representatives making house calls, other than title loan companies. I have been doing business with this company for 2 or more years now. Very unprofessional workers. Attitudes are horrible. Once I pay them off I hope that I never have to use them ever again!!! Situations happen and you get behind sometimes, but to call all day every day is not necessary at all. I don't talk to them, I don't like speaking with any of them because of their attitudes. I just mail my payments in when I am able to pay it.

I have had several loans with this company and until I changed jobs to accommodate my childcare schedule always paid on time in full. When I fell behind only a few days the calls began, 2 or more phone calls per day. I asked the lender to not call me before 3:30 because I was in class. The lenders continued to call in the morning, and then called in the afternoon. When I finally found a full time teaching job after my first month working I contacted them to get the correct mailing address. The person gave me the mailing address then asked me who she was speaking to.

When I told her she told me my regular payment of 215 would not be acceptable and that if I didn't make the full payment for what was owed including court costs and late fees they would sue me. I let her know to go ahead and sue me then because I am not paying this company more than 700.00. Also when I first got behind on my payment I tried to add the debt to a consolidated credit account and they refused the terms because it would not benefit them. The company would get the amount owed to them if the terms were agreed to, but they would not get the same financing rate of 35%. I knew it was a bad decision when I took out the loan but didn't have any other options. I'm going to avoid Tower Loan going forward no matter how much I need the money.

I have been with this company for over a year and always made my payments on time. I got one month behind and I have stayed in contact. When I tried to make arrangements I was talked to like I was a dog and told no I would be taken to court! I then was trying to explain and the lady name Clarissa in Laurel, MS was SOOO RUDE and degraded me by saying "Oh this is coming from somebody who can't pay their bills!!!!" She don't know what I am going through and when I am staying in contact and trying to work on my payment. There is no need for the way they treated me!!!!

This company is the worst! I wouldn't recommend anybody get a loan from them... They constantly harass you, threaten you with legal allegations and call your job and references harassing you... Even if you fall one month behind they harass you nonstop.

These people call nonstop and have even left harassing messages. We pay over the amount due every single month and pay off seems to never go down. We never miss a payment but we can't always get to their office to pay the day it's due. They say that's the only way to pay our bill. As soon as the bill is due literally the day it's due they start calling. Twice a day in the morning and at night. I've told me several times to stop calling. The bill is paid EVERY month and they hang up on me. Due to the flooding here I've told them "Please stop calling. I would pay it as soon as we could get there" but they continue to call. Twice a day!! This place is horrible!!

I got a tower loan check in mail. It was in my maiden. I went to tower loan. They said to go ahead and cash it that they will change the last name on contract. They never did. Go divorced, ex not having to pay. I am on ssi, got in bind, went to tower loan office to get loan back on track. 1200.00 is now almost 5000.00. Just in interest. Wtf. I was not informed of lawsuit. I was never served. I received a letter AFTER I made arrangements with Tower Loan office of lawsuit. I get threats, threats to my children and grandchildren. This is legal mafia crap. If anyone suing I want in.

I have 2 accounts with Tower Loan in Byram, MS. One acct is for my mom and one for my grandmother. We have had them both over a year and there's never been a problem with paying them. Today my grandmother called in and they refused her payment because my name isn't on the debit card, which it never has been. They proceeded to tell her she could come in but only with cash. So I called in and they informed me that's always been their policy, though she's been paying it the same way over a year. I called a second branch since the manager wasn't in and was informed as long as I give them permission there shouldn't be a problem.

When I called later I spoke with the manager and she informed me the other branch was wrong and that's always been the policy. I asked her how long she had been there because we've been doing it that way and she refused to answer me. I was trying to get some insight to see if we were being singled out or if she was new but she got an attitude and refused to answer. She denied telling my grandmother she could only pay in cash and then told us we could pay at any branch, which we were told last time my mom tried to pay at another branch that we could not. Everything I said to this manager today was met with an attitude. I'm tired of this company's inconsistency and will be done with them after these accounts are paid off.

I recently was put on disability. My problem with Tower Loan is they constantly call day a payment is due. They leave threatening messages and even called my 16 year old son, told him If I did not make payment they would drive to my house. I told him if they ever call again tell them I will issue a warrant for coming onto my property. I will pay my account but I won't be threatened or bullied into a payment. They did drive out to my house. Ridiculous, they will not remain in business long. I agree class action lawsuit is exactly what needs happen. Should be laws against bullying for payment.

I was sent a check in the mail and I cashed it. I paid the amount that I was told to pay monthly for over a year. I have medical problems so I was put in the hospital for a while and when I got out I was over medicated and my parents did not know about the loan to keep my payments up. I have since called them to make arrangements and was told that the branch manager was just walking in and the lady placed me on hold.

Once the branch manager (Jessie), got on the phone and I gave him my name he placed me on hold and then the lady picked up the phone stating she would be handling my account. I told her about arranging payments on my account and the total she gave me was over $3,500.00, which was a $1000.00 plus what my total loan originally was with the interest and everything else added in. I then ask her about a hold that was placed on my bank account and was told that they did not place holds on bank accounts and she would have to talk to her branch manager/supervisor who has been in meetings all morning. Now remind you I just got off the phone with him right after he had just walked in. I then explained to the lady that I could pay a note today if they would unlock my account because that account is what would allow me to pay them. She insisted they did not place holds on accounts and would call me back as soon as she talked to him (Jessie).

So I then called the bank who told me to call the court house after they gave me a case number. I then called the court house who told me the branch manager, at the Waveland office, signed the hold papers. I then called Tower Loans back and I could not believe what I was told, another lie. This time the lady who said she was handling my case now told me that the branch manager, Jessie, had been in the ER all morning and she would have him contact me once he returned.

I then told the lady on the phone that "when I called this morning you put him (Jessie, branch manager), on the phone with me and when I told him my name he put me on hold and then gave the phone back to you. A few minutes later after we talked you told me you would be handling my account, and would talk to your supervisor/branch manager about the hold on my account because he had been in meetings all morning." I then ask her which one was it meetings or ER and I was rudely cut off and hung up on. I'M STILL WAITING ON A RETURN CALL!!!

I don't feel I should have to drive 50 miles to pay on my account when they have a online payment option, but the thing is, no matter how many times I put in the correct information the site tells me that it does not recognize my information. Well, I feel as much interest I pay on my loan from TOWER LOAN. The least they could do is fix the online payment center. It isn't fair that I be made to pay late charges due to their website not working properly.

I got a $2500 check in the mail June of 2015. My husband and I were in a bind at the time. My payoff was suppose to be $3200. I was paying 210 a month that started in July 2015. When it got to be November I had to lower my monthly payments to 175 (due to the holidays coming up). When I did that it just looked like I have not paid anything. I owe them $2800 (keep in mind the pay off was 3200). I have been up to date on my payments. It's like a never ending thing. Interest is tacked on every month making it nearly impossible to pay it off. Here is where the real problem came about. My husband just got laid off in February 2016 so we are living off my income at the moment which is barely keeping our bills paid.

I went and dropped the insurances on the loan a couple of months ago but it still looks like my balance has not went down. Well, up to February 2016 I was on time with my payments, it is now March 2016 I could only pay them 20 bucks in February and they are blowing my phone up. I got a phone call today from a girl that worked there, (I told her the situation we were in). She told me to call the manager tomorrow that there are 5 insurance policies showing up on my loan that can be dropped. I was so mad I had "supposedly" got all the insurance dropped off the loan to lower the balance. I have even asked the manager a couple of times if everything extra is on the loan I want to drop. He would tell me that there is nothing else to drop. Basically, lying to me.

All tower loan does is screw people over. They will not work with you on lowering your minimum payment. There is no point in me calling the manager to get those insurance policies taken off. All he will tell me is that there is none on the loan. We are struggling to live, and I know they will start with their threats of taking legal action. I just don't know what to do. I stress over this all the time! I recommend to never cash a check from them or use them for anything! They are rude and they don't care if you will eat the next day or keep your lights on as long as you pay them!

I got a phone call from one of your employees, about a family member. I hadn't been able to get ahold of this family member. My sister has also gotten phone calls from a few of your employees in the last 3 weeks, so when I tried to tell this young man I couldn't get ahold of my family member, and that I'd like my number taken off the list, he hung up on me. If I were his mother, I would have let him know how rude that was. Shame on him for doing that!

I was just at Tower Loans to make my payment with my debit card! One person working! And he wasn't authorized to take a debit card! Seriously?! The manager just stepped out for a moment and will be back! I went out of my way and all I got was a sorry!

This company is horrible. Even if your bill is paid up, they call you every day the week before to make sure you don't forget to come in and pay. If you don't answer your phone, they'll start calling your family, or references, and they tell erroneously who they are and what they're calling for. They have no respect for the fair debt practices act. I was a month behind and they called my mother and screamed at her and made her cry. BEWARE. These people are evil.

You can't pay them off, every time I make a payment it never go down.

Tower Loan Company Profile