2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Hannibal, MO

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Tower Loan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I finally received a settlement check after 4 1/2 years from the great flood of 2016. After carrying a very small second mortgage with what is now Tower Loan for 14 years, without a single late payment, and the balance at only $4k, the Hammond Louisiana office would only endorse the back of the settlement check if I would pay off this long and very high interest loan. Of course, they already received most all of the interest on the 15-year loan. The loan was originally taken out with Harrison Finance but sold out to Tower loan in recent years.

Harrison Finance would allow to me walk in the door at my convenience, with my flood insurance check, and sign the back without question and send me on my way. And these were very sizable checks, up to $20,000. This office and its manager are despicable. Imagine, holding hostage a check I desperately needed for 4.5 years and they hold it hostage. Imagine their surprise when I pulled strings and got it done. They were livid. Year, they still have me on their junk mail list.???

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I have never dealt with a ruder more unprofessional company. I deal with the Anniston branch, and ALEX is the worst customer service/employee that I've ever seen. Extremely rude. Can't believe they are still in business.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I went to Tower Loan company in July of 2018 and was about to apply for a loan but they responded to me that their system was down and that it will be back up soon and asked if I would like to wait. I decided to wait. My children was with me and it was taking longer than expected for their system to come back up. I spoke to the lady that was working with me that I wasn't going to apply for a loan and that I was leaving. Well in September I went on Credit Karma to check on my credit report and notice that my score had dropped. I looked to find out why and notice that tower loan company did a inquiry on my credit report without my permission.

I contacted the company immediately and spoke with the manager which was told to me they had to talk with someone in corporate and get back with me. I never received a call back so I kept contacting them. I figured out how to get in touch with someone at the corporate office and spoke with a gentleman there that stated he would take care of it. He responded it will take 30 days before the inquiry is removed.

In October 2018 I went on credit karma again and notice my score dropped again. Instead of them removing the inquiry they did another inquiry on my credit report. Now I have two inquiry on my report from them. I contacted Equifax and Transunion to report this and they both stated I need to contact tower loan company and they are the one that have to remove the inquiry/ I contacted tower loan company head corporation and spoke with a gentlemen and responded to him what Equifax/ Transunion stated, he then had someone from the Lee's Summit Mo branch office to contact me and have me to come in and sign a document that stated the inquiry were requested in error.

I mailed the document to Equifax/Transunion. They sent me a letter back stating they couldn't remove the inquiry. I contacted Equifax/Transunion and asked why the inquiry couldn't be removed. They stated they couldn't. Tower loan company has to remove it. They also responded that tower loan company knows the procedure and told me to tell them if they are having problems to contact them. Well once again I contacted the gentlemen from tower loan corporation and responded to him what was told to me. He became angry. Refused to remove the inquiries. Horrible customer service, dishonest, liars, they have no business etiquette whatsoever. This place needs to be closed down for good!

Original review: April 13, 2020

I received a check through the mail in Nov. 2019. I was use to doing business with Harrison Finance that was purchased by tower loan. I cashed the check from Nov, 2019. So I kept getting calls from tower loan that they had an extra $1000 if I needed it. Due to the Covid 19 I finally said ok after the 7th call in 2 weeks. The girl said I would just need to come in to sign papers and pick up check. I told her I was busy but would try.

The next day she called again so I dropped everything and ran to sign papers. When I got there she sat down with me and started asking did I have a lawnmower, I said yes, she said, "What kind," I said a push mower, she listed that I had a zero turn, she ask about tools, I said I have a pair of pliers, screwdriver, hammer, just little little essential things a woman uses in a home. She listed tools at &100, socket set at $100, wrench set at $100. She ask about Tv, I told her I had a dinosaur tv because I don’t watch a lot of tv, she listed as flatscreen at $500, 2nd flat screen 65” at $500, she ask if I had a computer, I said I had a laptop my son gave me used about 8 years ago, she listed that at $300. She ask if I owned chainsaw, compressor, shed, I said no but she still put a price by all those things. Needless to say all this time I did not know she was putting value on things that were false.

She left to wait in a customers for about 20 minutes, I told her I was in a hurry and we could just cancel the loan. She came back and said, "No just let me print the loan for you to sign and _____ can't remember her name—-will give you your check." Needless to say she rushed through the signing of paperwork. Not once did she tell me she had put my prior loan with this one, nor she she said all the items she ask about was collateral until I ask her but still didn’t realize she listed stuff I don’t own.

After getting check a, the next day I pulled out loan papers, YEP she had combined loans (paid off previous). Had all kind of stuff listed as collateral but also charged me credit life ins for $215.88, property ins $404.12, Liberty Motor Club $120. I called and ask for supervisor, it says I have 30 days if I don’t want loan. Needless to say it’s been 10 days and I have not heard from a supervisor. Just a smartass manager. They are no working numbers for corporate office. Guess what, if they can’t work with me and redo my first check loan and take back their $1000 then they can eat this Loan. I own nothing and I draw Social Security so let them bring it. I have already spoke with an attorney. Please don’t do business with this company. They are misleading with loan disclosures and I feel infringement upon my rights. I was looking for an amicable resolution but they are not. So happy collecting Tower Loan.???

Original review: April 4, 2020

I completed payment of 2 loans with Tower. The 2nd one refinanced an earlier original loan in 2013 and paid off in October of 2014. Paid in full. Closed current and reported as paid in full - there were late payments during the loan that were correctly reported. Suddenly on April 1 2020 they hit my credit report and tanked it 50 points. Then called attempting to collect on that debt with threats of legal action. I will obtain an attorney and I WILL proceed with legal action. I have worked very hard to restore my credit and this illegal, threatening action is absolutely despicable. I expect immediate reversal of their current actions against me and my credit report. Horrible company.

Original review: March 20, 2020

This place is the worst place to get a loan from. They still want their payments and my husband has gotten laid off from his job, because of this COVID - 19 virus. I know we were behind in our payments, before this COVID -19, but with all the late fees they charge you can never get them paid off.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Tower deserves a minus rating at the very least! I am in Springfield MO and I got a loan with them. I was paying my payments. I didn't find out until I started getting these late notices and I called them, that they had taken part of my payment as a late fee! I received no statement or no notice they were doing this. I called them and couldn't get any details. Finally I asked for an itemized statement. I received it and found out they had taken a late fee out of my last 4 payments! I called and a girl told me NO problem just pay a little extra each time and you will get that cleared up. So I did. They are still charging a late fee on their late fee charges!!

I called and they were very rude to me and told me I was late on my payments. I said not true and that I had been sending more than my payment and before the due date! I also told this guy what the other lady had told me and he basically call me a liar. I have been in contact with the BBB and filed a claim against Tower Loan. These people are crooks!! Don't do business with them!!

Original review: March 4, 2020

My dad had a couple accounts with this company. A personal loan and furniture financed through them. After he passed away I notified them of his passing. They insisted on picking up furniture that was not paid off. Which is fine. I did not have a problem with this. They show up to look at the furniture with no way to load it. No truck, no scheduling, nothing! So we delivered it to their office for them. They had nowhere to put it. It literally sat in their storefront. I provided them with the death certificate which should have close the account considering he had no estate, no executor, and nothing to put into probate.

They continued to call asking about life insurance and if there was any money anywhere. After continuous calls every few weeks to "follow up" we explained to them that this was harassing. They hide behind their managers but yet a manager is never available, will not return calls, and will not give out a manager's phone number. These people are disgusting.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

If I was able to give Tower Loan of Houma a rating below 1, I would give them an even lower rating. I feel like I'm living in Purgatory dealing with these people. Originally got the $1200 loan through Harrison Finance in 2013. HF was very good good to me. They were understanding and worked with me if I needed it. 3 years ago, they stopped my payments while I was out on medical leave until I was back on my feet. While HF was amazing to work with, this loan was my biggest mistake next to marrying my first husband. TL took over HF while I was on med leave. I had no idea Tower Loan took over until they started calling wanting payment.

Back in October I contacted Curadebt to combine all the medical bills and Tower Loan. Found out AFTER I consolidated everything that TL doesn't deal with debt consolidation. They filed a judgement against me and have a court date next month. When I tried to explain to their manager why I did what I did, her response was... "and you see where that's got you."

Today, my sister paid a portion of what I was behind on to keep me from going to court. After she paid them, they called me asking for $150 of court fees (I haven't been to court yet) and offered to come to my job to collect payment. When I told them no because I worked at the jail they said 'it's not that far'. I told them no again and that I didn't want them there and stay the hell away from job. 7 years later and my loan is now at $3000. I feel like I'm falling down a hole where there's no end in sight. I know we all go through desperate times at one point in our lives, but please stay away from Tower Loan.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Tower Loan should get 0 stars!!! This place calls and calls even after I make my online payment saying we are behind but yet I pay twice in once month .. they are very unprofessional and I will never deal with this company again!! They are not only stalking us But our entire family!

Tower Loan Company Information