Call toll free
4.83/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Join more than 450,000 customers who trust a brand with an A+ BBB rating. Apply using a quick, hassle-free online loan application. Find out in minutes if you qualify, and there’s no impact to your credit score! Use it for almost anything: to consolidate debt or for other unexpected expenses. It's fast, it’s easy, and it might be just what you need to achieve your financial goals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1194 Best Egg Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I had a lot of medical expenses that I thought I could pay them off. You always think that you can take care of it, put it on your credit card and pay it off. But I wasn’t able to do that. I was getting overwhelmed with the credit card. I went through the bunch of mail that Best Egg kept sending. I made a personal loan the first time with them. I just refinanced and my first payment is today.

Their application process was excellent. It was smooth, easy, and painless as could be. I'm in finance and this is my line of business so I totally know what’s going on there. I sent a copy of the written part of my paycheck but I didn’t send the stub with the year-to-date information on it. Best Egg asked for that. I sent it and it was done. The whole process took three days and there was a weekend in there.

Best Egg's rates are high for me, but it’s still better than the credit card. It was like they are taking advantage of somebody who has credit issues and they are gonna jam it to them a little bit. But it was very fair. When you have credit issues, you’re gonna pay a higher rate. Theirs was lower than the credit card payment. And it made my life a whole lot easier to not have the high credit card.

I’ve told people about how easy the process was with Best Egg. Some people get a little overwhelmed with all the paperwork but I’m used to it because that’s what I do at work. It’s a pain in the neck, but Best egg made this as easy as possible and I explained that to people. I kinda pushed one of them that way. I’m pretty sure has credit issues. I told her that the rates are a little bit higher at Best Egg, but if we were to go somewhere else, they could do it even higher. In my case, nobody busted my chops at Best Egg and I didn’t feel overwhelmed. The money came so quickly and it was so nice. It was really godsent.

Best Egg response

We're thrilled to know that your experience with Best Egg was a positive one! Thanks for sharing, Jennie.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My father-in-law was trying to keep his car together and we had a problem financially. I'm a disabled vet while my wife works and she takes up the slack. But we keep our income separate because we don't want to endanger the mortgage. I applied for a loan with Best Egg and my experience with them was great. I was happy with them and they are the best company I've ever worked with.

But because of my debt-to-income ratio, I had to run up some cards when my father-in-law died last year. And I should have really scrutinized that because now, I'm paying 30.99% to those companies and I can't keep up with the financial demands. The interests are high and somehow, I'm keeping up with the minimums right now and getting away with it. But I'm looking at some sort of debt relief to get this done. Also, I called Best Egg a couple of months ago and asked if they would consider redoing my loans so I could consolidate some of these higher interest debts. But they said they didn't do that, so that was too bad. Best Egg offers a rate of 19.99% and I'd be glad to even work out a higher interest rate with them than deal with those credit card companies.

Other than that, going with Best Egg is an excellent solution for hardworking people that are looking to re-establish their credit and not get killed because Best Egg is not sneaking around. Unlike other companies, they do not raise interest rates at 40% after a year and a half. There are too many of that sort of debt predation going on and all these predators out there that are terrible. But Best Egg is fantastic and and I don't have to worry about increasing rates with them. I monitor my loan to make sure that my payments come out of my account but it’s a “set it, forget it” kind of issue.

Best Egg response

We're glad to be able to help in your time of need! ❤️ Thanks for sharing, Alfred!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Application was quick and easy. Got funded fast. However, we didn't get the amount we requested because the way we get paid was too complicated to fit the formula. So, we're not actually in the position we planned to be in at this point. But close enough not to matter. The interest rate we ended up with was on the high end of the range even though our FICOs were between 760 and 800. That didn't quite matter because we had a plan and didn't intend to carry the loan for more than a few months.

Now that it's time to pay the loan off I'm sitting here waiting for this month's payment to come out so I can pay off the loan. So, we're going into a weekend and here we are two days past the due date and there's no sign of the payment coming out. So, I'll end up paying maybe $60 extra in interest while I wait. Now, I wonder if they'll take the interest off. I were two days late in paying. No, they'll get me coming and going.

I positively hate any company that uses **. I've already closed one credit card just because I got sick of never being able to get real service through that website. Best Egg seems to be working on cutting them out of the loop so that'll be great for any future borrowers. All in all, this was a positive experience but it had more to do with goals and pre-planning than the lender we chose.

Best Egg response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're thrilled to hear you have achieved the progress you wanted! Please let us know if you need anything going forward.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I wanted to consolidate some higher interest rate for the drive card from my car maintenance place and my Lowe’s account. At the same time, I also wanted to pay off two four-wheelers. The application process with Best Egg was so easy. The layout of their website was very professional and very straightforward. There was nothing antiquated about it but because of that smoothness of operation, I didn’t think that it was real. So I went to BBB.org to confirm it. It also made me a little anxious when they wanted me to put in my banking account number and routing number on the internet to open up a line for the deposit. But their website said it was CAPTCHA-certified and I proceeded. I pressed go and the money was in my account 24 hours later. It was exactly what they said on the radio. I made my first payment a week ago and the loan was structured for five years.

For 10 years, I didn’t realize that I could get some debt consolidation and that Best Egg was a possibility. I was dealing with my personal bank when I went on to buy a four-wheeler a few years ago and it was a nightmare. I’d have to pay stuff to get a signature loan from my own bank and it was such a pain that I didn’t wanna borrow money anymore. But Best Egg's interface was so simple and I was pleasantly surprised about the whole thing. The rates were also on the website and everything was transparent. Also, I knew what my other credit lines were that I didn’t want to pay off, so I entered the contractual part knowing what I needed and what a good deal was. Best Egg is saving me money and going with them was a win for me.

Best Egg response

This review is totally amazing! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

Original review: July 7, 2018

Best Egg had offered what I needed when I needed it, and it’s easy to do direct deposit to them for the payment. I went for a loan consolidation of some bills that I needed to pay off. The application process was directly online, and it's nice, easy, and convenient. I also used them before and so they already had my information. I like the way it is. You don’t have to worry about going in somewhere and then coming out. And then, I got the money within so many days and I paid my bills.

I contacted Best Egg's reps when I initially did the first loan. I have never done online before so I had questions I had wanted to ask because I was kinda leery that you could do that online. I had talked to some other people at the time I was working before I retired, and they said they did that before and it was safe as far as sharing your information. So, when I called Best Egg, I wanted to verify what I was being told by other people. Best Egg is good and they answer my questions. They have a frequently asked questions thing online, which is good and when I need a number, there’s a number there or I can also chat with them online. I'd tell others to research like I did and try Best Egg out if they feel comfortable doing that. In fact, I knew somebody who’s gonna retire in December, and she’s wanting to get everything consolidated before she retires. So, I mentioned to her to check Best Egg out.

Best Egg response

Thanks for sharing and spreading the word about Best Egg!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Original review: May 22, 2019

Easy access to account information on line or by phone. Any loan adjustments needed such as payment date change or auto pay status update is available with helpful representatives. It is always a good experience.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I received a notification in the mail and called to ask questions about a loan. They were professional and help me through the process with ease and came up with the best plan for my needs. Once my documents were received and verified I had my loan processed in 2 days. They also worked with me on my monthly payment date to meet when my income is received. Excellent service—glad I called and would do it again if needed.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 17, 2019

Like many others, I have been receiving solicitations from this company for years. Obviously they had some knowledge of my credit report or they would not be sending me invitations. This is where it gets sticky. The only thing negative I had on my report was a 10 year old bankruptcy due to drop off in 2 months. Bankruptcy was due to real estate market collapse of 2008 when millions of people went bankrupt through no fault of their own. Currently, I own and manage real estate and have a good income for a single retired woman between 50 and 60000, nothing negative on my report. All payments made on time and good credit scores. After they had all of my personal information they declined me. This was purely a blessing in disguise as I almost took out a loan I would have absolutely regretted.

As many may or may not know, the banksters are running this country and running it into the ground. They are ripping people off by loaning money that doesn't exist and charging exorbitant interest rates. If you don't believe this do the research there are plenty of knowledgeable people on YouTube that were once part of the banking industry and we'll tell you how it is. According to the pastor for the elite, Lindsey Williams, he made a video about 5 years ago stating that the elites (many are banksters) were planning on inflating prices so bad that people would have to take out loans just to exist day to day. They want people in a compromised State before they attempt to bring in the one World government. Everything has been planned down to the Last detail.

This is what is currently taking place and by the time a person pays all the ridiculous taxes to make these gangsters obscenely Rich beyond comprehension, there is nothing left for people to live on and buy their food and shelter. This is why we are seeing all the homelessness and people becoming poorer and poorer with each passing day. According to the hundreds of reviews I read, which, by the way, you could only find by scrolling through the few positive reviews they had, most people are being charged outrageous interest which will ultimately put them in The pour House. Everything this company is doing is planned and designed to lure innocent people into inescapable debt.

We need to turn our backs on these companies so they can no longer excoriate us with their High interest rates. Do anything but take a loan with this company. Sell things, cash value from your life insurance, second job, entrepreneurship, whatever.... Just refrain taking loans out with this company. They are out to scalp you no matter what they say. Avoid at all costs! You will not regret it.

Best Egg response

We're sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied. If you would like to discuss your concerns further or request to be removed from our mailing list, please feel free to give us a call.

Original review: May 17, 2019

From the moment I contacted Best Egg regarding a loan the whole process was effortless, so easy to apply, I was approved quickly and money in my account within less than 24 hours. I never had such any easy loan process ever! They don’t call, they don’t harass and they don’t send a bunch of annoying emails. The customer service at Best Egg is definitely five stars+!!!!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I like Best Egg's interest rate and their application process was very easy. Everything was handled via email, and I just answered questions. The money was in my account in two days. After getting a personal loan from them, it has been user-friendly so far. I'll recommend Best Egg to everybody.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I read the reviews and reference to how happy people were and how quick the process was with Best Egg. The customer service was excellent. The people couldn’t believe how quick everything went and how fast the money was in their account. I used Best Egg because they gave me exactly what I needed. The application process was very simple and easy. I didn’t think that I was complete when I got done with it.

I selected the consolidation loan. The annual percentage rate was way less than the credit card that I refinanced before. Their reps were very polite and they had the information at their fingertips. They didn’t even put me on hold. When they are on the phone with you, they put you at the top of the list because it’s like you are a value to them.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I was pretty busy and I didn’t have time to go to a bank. I liked the ease of use that Best Egg offered and got a consolidation loan from them. The application took like an hour to do. It was all online, through email. It was a very good experience.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Best Egg seemed like it was easy and convenient. I got a personal loan with them. But I'm not very computer efficient so my loan application took me a couple of days because I didn't know how to upload stuff. The customer service was great and their rep was on it. She called and verified with me whatever I needed. She explained to me how it was to upload whatever needed to be uploaded and they got back to me within the next couple of days. Within less than a week, everything was done. I was very satisfied with the annual percentage rate and terms. It was just a great experience all around.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Best Egg has great customer service, I called because I needed a payment holiday due to having a surgery and being out of work for a while, they were super helpful in explaining how this works and checking to see that i qualified. Every time I have dealt with them on the phone they are quick and to the point and very nice and professional. I don't dread having to call their customer service like I do with my bank or my insurance. Really impressed with this company and would recommend them to my family and friends. I feel like my interest rate was the best I could've gotten on a personal loan and really see my payments making a difference in my balance which feels good. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Best Egg had the best percentage rate. The application was pretty easy. I went through Credit Karma and it was a year ago. I emailed back and forth to make sure everything was in there correctly. The process took a few days because I would only check my email. I also spoke to somebody to make sure I got the right information for them so they could do the loan. Everybody was really nice. I changed the due date because it was on the 1st and our mortgage is due on the 1st. I'm happy to be off of credit card interest.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Within the recent couple of years, I started receiving mail from Best Egg about potential loan offers and things of that nature. And when I was doing some shopping, they had the best rate. Their process was really simple, too, so I went with them. I got a personal loan and the application process took 20 minutes. My interaction with their reps was really good. I only needed to speak with them on one occasion when I needed to clarify payment options and they were great.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Very easy electronic application with immediate approval. Loan approved and funds in 2 days. I have a good credit score and I am sure this helped. I consolidated credit card debt for ease and will save over the 3 yr loan term. Love the direct debit for monthly payment and NO penalty for early payoff.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Best Egg seemed like they had the better loan offer out of everything that I saw and I chose to go with them. I applied for a home improvement loan and everything was great. Applying with them was as easy as one, two, three, and it didn’t take long at all. To me, it took less than five minutes. Their website was perfect, too. Everything was nice, clear, and understandable.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I needed money for a home repair. I was getting mail from Best Egg and I saw them on Facebook. I wanted to try them and I applied for a personal loan. Their rates are okay but they could be better. Other than that, their process was very helpful. From start to finish, it took three days and it was all done on the computer. I did hesitate about giving my bank information on the computer, but I really needed the money so I gave it a shot. I was thrilled about how easy their process was and how quick they had everything done. It was a wonderful experience and I was very happy with Best Egg. I’d also recommend them.

Original review: May 4, 2019

It's the worst loan I had ever seen before and also the largest rip-off loan you would never be able to pay off. You could build more debts if you sign up for the Best Egg loan, which is never recommended. I regret I signed up to accept the loan with such high interest.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Best Egg's 8% interest was cheaper than the 13 offered by other companies, so I decided to get a personal loan from them. The application process was fairly easy and straightforward. It took about 10 minutes to complete and was pretty quick.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I received a small unsecured loan of $2,500 from Best Egg. Their application process was very easy. I've called them and their reps were all very nice there. Working with Best Egg was very convenient.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Denied twice. My girlfriend and I both got suckered into a fancy Preapproved letter in the mail. The letter had a cool little preapproval card and the words PREAPPROVED FOR UP TO $50,000. Now we both didn't need $50,000, however consolidating some credit cards seemed like a good strategic move. I mean we were getting these marketing scams once a week with preapproved written all over them. Well, by the one star rating you can guess that preapproved only means that Best Egg will send you preapproved pieces of fecal matter.

Do not waste your time. Also, Best Egg do not write a pathetic response to this review for me to call a number so I can be taken off a mailer list. Do not write a cliche response like, "We're sorry". Stop wasting consumers' time on gimmicks and these scams. Although, I honestly hope you continue playing your cards wrong and you end up bankrupt. What you are doing to people is terrible and ridiculous. "I'm sorry" here it comes.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Easy to do business with them. Money was delivered on time and repayment is easy. Transparent company with no hidden fees or terms. I have had a great experience with them consolidating higher interest credit cards.

Best Egg response

We are thrilled to hear this! Thank you for sharing Sarina.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I got Best Egg from Credit Karma and I liked the length of time it would take for me to pay the loan off with them, so I decided to go with them. I applied for a personal loan and their process was pretty simple and easy. The so-called paperwork only took me about 20 minutes to complete and the documents were easy to upload and transfer to them so you could get an answer on your application. Then for the approval, it took about two days. Their rate was a little high, but it was the kind of rate that I wanted it to be. Overall, my experience with them was excellent and I'd tell others to go ahead and try them out.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Best Egg made my life much easier and I was satisfied with my experience with them. I applied for a personal loan, and the annual percentage rate and the terms of the loan were okay. They were what I can afford. The application process was easy. And the people I talked to were very nice, courteous, and quick.

Best Egg response

We're pleased to hear that you're happy so far. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Original review: April 25, 2019

CS representative was very helpful and understood what I was requesting and the reason for my request. Made sure I understood the parameters and answered all my questions. Felt my concerns were adequately addressed. Would recommend Best Egg if asked.

Best Egg response

We are so pleased to hear you've had a great experience with our agents! We are sharing your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Best Egg seemed like a decent office. I called them and my experience was very quick and easy. Their reps were very professional and quick to respond. The company was great.

Best Egg response

We think you're pretty great too Nancy! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Best Egg is a company that I highly recommend if you need a personal loan quickly. The response to any inquiries has been timely and I didn't experience any problems with acquiring another small loan with the company when I needed.

Best Egg response

If you’re happy, then we’re happy! Thank you so much for taking the time to share.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Yes needed a loan to help get my governmental grant beneficiary funds. A great number of funds. A lot of money coming. It has taken so long but is close I will pay you wonderful company soon as it should be here by May. It not for the $10,000 loan from you, it wouldn’t be coming for another 6 months. Thank you so very much for the loan. You were so nice as to opening up an account for the loan. The loan arrived just like you said in about 3 days. You are tops and will get every penny I owe you as soon as my money arrives. I have one more payment to get over a million! Thank you. You are all so sweet and what a great company. God Bless.

Best Egg response

We are thrilled to hear you're on board! Thank you so much for sharing your experience <3.

Best Egg Company Information