Call toll free
4.77/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Join more than 450,000 customers who trust a brand with an A+ BBB rating. Apply using a quick, hassle-free online loan application. Find out in minutes if you qualify, and there’s no impact to your credit score! Best Egg offers a fixed APR, which means your monthly payment will be the same. You could get money in your account in as little as one business day with no pre-payment fees if you choose to pay it back quicker.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Best Egg is an online lending platform that specializes in providing fast, ow-interest personal loans. Best Egg focuses on getting you the most competitive rates.

PROS

• All online process
  • Take out multiple loans
  • Receive funds in less than a day

CONS

• Strict credit score requirements
  • Strict income requirements

How does Best Egg work?

Best Egg offers unsecured, low-interest personal loans from $2,000 to $35,000. The application process is simple:

1. Fill out the application on Best Egg’s website. You need to have certain information on hand, including:
    • Your desired loan amount
    • Individual and household income
    • Home type
    • Debt information
    • Personal information (e.g., Social Security number)
  2. Best Egg runs a soft credit check to determine your eligibility and potential rates. This check won’t affect your credit score, and it lets you compare loan offers.
  3. Best Egg gives you offers for 36-month and 60-month loans. Once you agree to your loan terms, the company may request further proof of identity and income. You also need to provide your checking account routing number, which Best Egg uses to transfer funds.

It’s important to note that Best Egg conducts a hard credit check before finalizing your loan, which could affect your credit score. Best Egg also has specific eligibility requirements that loan applicants must meet, including:

• A credit score of 650 or higher
  • An annual income of $50,000 or higher
  • A valid email address and bank account
  • Be of legal age to accept a loan in your state of residency
  • Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident residing in the U.S.

Best Egg allows you to have two open loans at a time as long as the first loan is in good standing and has been open for at least six months. The combined amount of both loans must be less than $50,000.

How much does Best Egg cost?

Best Egg charges a one-time origination fee on all loans to cover processing. It’s an upfront percentage taken out of the amount of your loan and included in the annual percentage rate (APR). The APR can be anywhere from 0.99% to 5.99% and is based on the loan's length and your credit score.

Because Best Egg’s process is entirely online, the company has fewer underwriting costs and can offer better interest rates and fewer fees than many other loan providers. Loan terms typically last three to five years, but Best Egg doesn’t charge prepayment penalties — you can pay off your loan in full anytime after your first month’s payment without incurring any extra fees.

There is a $15 late fee if Best Egg doesn’t receive your payment on time and a $15 return fee if there are insufficient funds in your account. Best Egg may also charge a $7 processing fee on each payment if you don’t enroll in an automatic payment plan.

Is Best Egg worth it?

Best Egg offers fast and easy personal loans that can get you the funds you need in as little as one business day. The lack of prepayment penalties is a positive for people who want to flexibility to pay off their loan early, and the digital platform lets you quickly compare what they have to offer. If you meet the eligibility requirements, consider using Best Egg for your next loan.

Best Egg Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I had a very hard time in my life. I just came off from the military. I was disabled, so they medically released me. They did not medically retire me, which caused a lot of financial strains because you have to fight for percentage. With the whole military thing, veterans end up having to fight for percentage, and the percentage is how they determine what you receive monthly for your disability, and then deeming you no longer capable of carrying out your duties based on whatever injuries you received in the military. So, that was a long, lengthy process.

I left my full-time employment to go to war and coming back, I'm now disabled, rendering me incapable of carrying out the same duties that I had prior to deployment at my civilian job. They put me on medical restriction, which prohibited me from working. It took a long time to get back to work. So, all those lack of employment situations left me in a financial puddle. I considered my credits to be good so I applied for a loan from a bank in my area, which was Chase at that time, and the process was crazy. They wanted things I couldn’t deliver.

I've been deployed, so I wasn’t receiving a full-time check from my employment, and I was not receiving, any longer, funds from the military. So, I had no real proof of income. I was receiving monies, but it wasn’t the same amount as I was receiving before. Best Egg took a chance on me. They looked at my payment history and I had no debt at that time. I paid everything off while deployed. I had secured my home so I had a mortgage, but that was it. I had nothing, just the $1,600 a month for my mortgage, and proof that I was capable of paying that from the monies that I was receiving from both the VA and the partial payments I was receiving from work, which at that time, they were paying me my vacation pay and sick pay. They were paying me things that they shouldn’t have been paying.

Best Egg didn’t hassle me, they didn’t bother me and whatever was sent from the application process, they reviewed it. My money was in my bank account in three days. From the day I applied ‘til the day I got my money, it was three days. I'll never forget it. They take the payment right out of your account to make sure the money is in it. However, I had to keep checking my account to make sure that they took the money. My payment was due on the 22nd of each month, but they wouldn’t take the money sometimes ‘til the 26th. So, I had to keep monitoring my checking account, which isn’t a problem.

When you owe a debt, you know that you're suppose to leave that money available. I constantly make sure the payment is out before I pay anything else. And I repay everything on the 1st to the 3rd to make sure that there was nothing owed ‘til after they were paid, just to make sure that that money was still in there. So, that was the only issue that I had and that was something that was self-monitoring. It just required me to take that extra step. Other than that, I never ever had a problem. They sent me money, they got their money back, I paid them off early.

Best Egg response

We are so pleased to hear we could help during your time of need. If there is anything we can do to make your experience with us even better, do not hesitate to give us a call at 855-282-6353. On behalf of the entire Best Egg team, thank you for your service.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Best Egg had good rates and they were at the top of the list of people that would probably approve me for this. I gave it a shot to see if I would be approved. I was and it was an easy process. It went through really fast. The application process seemed pretty straightforward, just basic questions and then showing that I had some income. I did have to show them that I can pay them back. I did have to back off at one point because I couldn’t get one of the documents that Best Egg asked for. I had trouble getting my pay stubs to upload so I had to do it a different way and that took longer. But it wasn’t really the site. It was a problem on my end, not on theirs. Altogether, the process took about an hour but the initial process only took maybe 15 minutes.

By going through Best Egg, my monthly payment was lower and the interest rate was lower too. The loan stretched out over three years but the interest rate was like 17%, whereas what I paid it off with was 22.5%. I’m real happy with how this worked out. This is gonna save me a lot of money by doing this. I'm a nice, satisfied customer. I was towards the end of paying off some medical bills from last year and I had to use my credit card to pay them off and also take out medical loans. I was really kind of scrambling there to try and do this. But now, with this, I was able to pay off a big chunk of that. I don’t have to worry about what I’m gonna do and how I’m gonna pay rent. The bills will all be completely paid off in two more months and Best Egg gave me the room I needed to be able to get comfortably by for the next two months.

Best Egg response

Easy and quick is what we like to hear! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Original review: June 9, 2019

Best Egg is a solution for a short-term problem and it’s not a loan shark. I heard about them from a senior friend of mine who also wanted to consolidate. He told me that Best Egg would treat me right, quick and easy, and would follow through. And that is exactly what happened to me. I’m also gonna get my wife to stop and consolidate her credit card debt and do the same thing because I’m thrilled. I told her, “Don’t look at the loan cost. Do not look at the loan origination. If you do not look at the interest rate, this is only temporary and we’re gonna wipe out these debts at once.”

Best Egg has done a fabulous job. Everyone I spoke to, day and afternoon, helped me and guided me. I’ve never been treated so well in my life. It’s kind of expensive but their customer service department was incredible. Everybody was respectful, professional, and there wasn’t one thing that was not done. Everything they promised, they came through with ahead of schedule. I wasn’t even expecting it. It was too easy. All of a sudden, my account has $5,600 in it. I followed through and did what they asked. My FICO score shot up to almost 700 now and I was in the high 600s.

Every dime that Best Egg paid me, I have accounted for for paying up. I have no credit card debt now and I’m gonna take a 10% hit on that. This month, besides the payment I make, I’m gonna give Best Egg 10% of that loan right back. I’m gonna call them and say I want 600 of principal put right on my account and I’m hoping they're gonna tell me that I can do that.

Best Egg response

We're thrilled to hear this! Thanks for sharing Richard.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I had a lot of medical expenses that I thought I could pay them off. You always think that you can take care of it, put it on your credit card and pay it off. But I wasn’t able to do that. I was getting overwhelmed with the credit card. I went through the bunch of mail that Best Egg kept sending. I made a personal loan the first time with them. I just refinanced and my first payment is today.

Their application process was excellent. It was smooth, easy, and painless as could be. I'm in finance and this is my line of business so I totally know what’s going on there. I sent a copy of the written part of my paycheck but I didn’t send the stub with the year-to-date information on it. Best Egg asked for that. I sent it and it was done. The whole process took three days and there was a weekend in there.

Best Egg's rates are high for me, but it’s still better than the credit card. It was like they are taking advantage of somebody who has credit issues and they are gonna jam it to them a little bit. But it was very fair. When you have credit issues, you’re gonna pay a higher rate. Theirs was lower than the credit card payment. And it made my life a whole lot easier to not have the high credit card.

I’ve told people about how easy the process was with Best Egg. Some people get a little overwhelmed with all the paperwork but I’m used to it because that’s what I do at work. It’s a pain in the neck, but Best egg made this as easy as possible and I explained that to people. I kinda pushed one of them that way. I’m pretty sure has credit issues. I told her that the rates are a little bit higher at Best Egg, but if we were to go somewhere else, they could do it even higher. In my case, nobody busted my chops at Best Egg and I didn’t feel overwhelmed. The money came so quickly and it was so nice. It was really godsent.

Best Egg response

We're thrilled to know that your experience with Best Egg was a positive one! Thanks for sharing, Jennie.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My father-in-law was trying to keep his car together and we had a problem financially. I'm a disabled vet while my wife works and she takes up the slack. But we keep our income separate because we don't want to endanger the mortgage. I applied for a loan with Best Egg and my experience with them was great. I was happy with them and they are the best company I've ever worked with.

But because of my debt-to-income ratio, I had to run up some cards when my father-in-law died last year. And I should have really scrutinized that because now, I'm paying 30.99% to those companies and I can't keep up with the financial demands. The interests are high and somehow, I'm keeping up with the minimums right now and getting away with it. But I'm looking at some sort of debt relief to get this done. Also, I called Best Egg a couple of months ago and asked if they would consider redoing my loans so I could consolidate some of these higher interest debts. But they said they didn't do that, so that was too bad. Best Egg offers a rate of 19.99% and I'd be glad to even work out a higher interest rate with them than deal with those credit card companies.

Other than that, going with Best Egg is an excellent solution for hardworking people that are looking to re-establish their credit and not get killed because Best Egg is not sneaking around. Unlike other companies, they do not raise interest rates at 40% after a year and a half. There are too many of that sort of debt predation going on and all these predators out there that are terrible. But Best Egg is fantastic and and I don't have to worry about increasing rates with them. I monitor my loan to make sure that my payments come out of my account but it’s a “set it, forget it” kind of issue.

Best Egg response

We're glad to be able to help in your time of need! ❤️ Thanks for sharing, Alfred!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I needed to pay down a lot of bills to get myself back on track. The application process was easy. It took a couple hours ‘cause I had to get some information. So, I was away from home. I just had to get the information, but once I got the information, it went quickly. Everything was good. The only time I had called is to see if they got my information that I sent to them. And they looked it up, and they said they had my information. And they let me know when I was gonna be receiving my money around. They were professional and friendly.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

We have had great success with this company and their process from start to now. They handle every question, concern, or issues with such professionalism. I would highly recommend them if you are needing financial help that won't poke your eyes out. Good job!!

Best Egg response

We are pleased to hear you have had a great experience! Thanks for sharing, Mattew!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I registered for my account. Was able to log in once and it never worked again. I have tried to register again and called for help but have not been able to get back on. I do not understand why your website won’t let me see my account.

Best Egg response

Hi Rafael, we are so sorry to hear you're having trouble with the online experience.

To log in and manage your loan online, visit BestEgg.com and click ‘Login’ on the Homepage. Under ‘I have an existing loan,’ click ‘Manage Loan Account.’ From there, you'll be able to view your account, make payments and more.

We would like to apologize for any confusion related to your online experience. This is the new way to manage your loan online and we are truly sorry for any distress this may have caused.

If you have any other concerns or questions, please try us again at 855-282-6353.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I needed extra cash to handled some pressing issues. Best Egg rescued me by allowing me to take an extension on my existing loan. This was a lifesaver for me. I so highly appreciated this act. The rep. Was knowledgeable, non intimidating and was professional in every way. Thank you best egg.

Best Egg response

We are glad we could help! Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I called for assistance regarding my account. The representative was very friendly and eager to assist me. He also ensured that I understood the resolution. I would recommend Best Egg to everyone needing monetary assistance.

Best Egg response

That is wonderful to hear! Thanks for sharing, Selma!

Best Egg Company Information