Disclosures

4.8/5 (172 ratings)

About Best Egg

Best Egg is an online lender that offers personal, debt consolidation and credit card refinancing loans. It offers loans up to $50,000. The company promises a simple application process and typically sends payments in as little as one business day. Borrowers can take out multiple loans and don’t have to worry about prepayment penalties.

Pros

• Fully online process
  • Can take out multiple loans
  • Competitive interest rates

Cons

• Credit score requirements
  • Minimum income requirements

Bottom Line

Best Egg is an online lending platform that specializes in providing quick, low-interest personal loans. It focuses on getting you the most competitive rates. It provides debt consolidation and refinancing options.

Top Best Egg Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Verified

Best Egg is a simple process. Professional staff. Excellent customer service. Website easy to navigate. ... I have been on other websites and it has been my experience that as soo...

Verified

In no time a few questions and a loan was provided. Talk about a great experience. Thank you ladies and gentlemen. You are the Best Egg. I've done business with a lot of other com...

What is Best Egg?

Best Egg is an online lender that provides personal loans to borrowers across the country. The platform is designed to deliver funds quickly and with minimal hassle. Approvals often only take minutes, with funds available in as little as one day. Best Egg’s personal loans can be used for any purpose, whether you're consolidating debt, renovating your home or going on vacation.

How does Best Egg work?

Best Egg offers unsecured, low-interest personal loans from $2,000 to $50,000. The application process is simple:

1. Fill out the application on Best Egg’s website. You need to have certain information on hand, including:
    • Your desired loan amount
    • Individual and household income
    • Home type
    • Debt information
    • Personal information (e.g., Social Security number)
  2. Best Egg runs a soft credit check to determine your eligibility and potential rates. This check won’t affect your credit score, and it lets you compare loan offers.
  3. Best Egg gives you offers for 36-month and 60-month loans. Once you agree to your loan terms, the company may request further proof of identity and income. You also need to provide your checking account routing number, which Best Egg uses to transfer funds.

It’s important to note that Best Egg conducts a hard credit check before finalizing your loan, which could affect your credit score.

Best Egg loan requirements

Best Egg has specific eligibility requirements that loan applicants must meet, including:

• Have a credit score of 600 or higher
  • Have an annual income of $3,500 or higher
  • Have a valid email address and bank account
  • Be of legal age to accept a loan in your state of residency
  • Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident residing in the U.S.

Best Egg allows you to have two open loans at a time, as long as the first loan is in good standing and has been open for at least six months. The combined amount of both loans must be less than $50,000.

Best Egg rates and terms

Best Egg’s APRs can be anywhere from 8.99% to 35.99% and are based on loan length and borrowers’ credit scores.

Because Best Egg’s process is entirely online, the company has fewer underwriting costs and can offer better interest rates and fewer fees than many other loan providers. Loan terms last three to five years, but Best Egg doesn’t charge prepayment penalties. You can pay off your loan in full at any point after your first month’s payment without incurring any extra fees.

Best Egg fees

Best Egg charges a one-time origination fee on all loans to cover processing. It’s an upfront percentage taken out of the amount of your loan and included in the annual percentage rate (APR).

Best Egg loans FAQ

Is Best Egg safe?

Best Egg is a trusted online lender with positive reviews from many of its customers. The online application and payment portals are secure and easy to use.

What credit bureau does Best Egg use?

Best Egg doesn't specify which credit bureaus it uses to verify borrower details or report payment information.

Does Best Egg verify income?

In some instances, Best Egg may need to verify your income. You may be required to provide proof of income or submit verifying documents.

Does Best Egg charge a fee?

Yes, Best Egg charges a one-time origination fee of 0.99% to 8.99% of the loan's balance. The lender may also charge fees for late payments and return payments.

Can I pay off my Best Egg loan early?

Best Egg does not charge early repayment penalties. After your first month's payment, you can repay the entire balance of your loan at any time.

Does Best Egg do a hard pull on your credit?

To give you a quote, Best Egg performs a soft pull, which doesn't affect your credit score. Once you accept the loan terms, however, Best Egg does a hard pull on your credit report to confirm your eligibility.

Is Best Egg legit?

Best Egg is a trustworthy online lender with flexible repayment terms and competitive interest rates. You can compare your options, use a loan calculator and explore other resources on its website. For borrowers who meet the credit requirements, Best Egg is worth considering as an online lender.

Best Egg Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Best Egg had the lowest interest rates. Their application process was easy and took no time. I started it online and then I called and finished it up with a representative from Best Egg. Their reps were very helpful and knowledgeable about the product that they were dealing with and interested in what my needs were. I had an option of getting more than what I was looking for. They enlightened me on that, but I only had a certain amount I was interested in. They coached me through everything and told me about the process and what it was gonna take. Then the next day, I had the money in my account. I was very satisfied. Working with Best Egg, the opportunity was there to help me manage something I wanted to do. It helped me make up my mind on doing what I needed to do and keep from doing something else.

Best Egg response

We're so glad that we could help! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Get buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

So happy I found Best Egg online originally. I first contacted them in November 2022 to set up a personal loan for a small home improvement project. I have been just VERY IMPRESSED OVERALL with Best Egg.

* It was so easy to apply for a personal loan online.
    * Quick response and approval all online.
    * Excellent loan terms.
    * Loan proceeds were immediately direct deposited into my personal checking account.
    * Easy to set up automatic monthly payments.

* Always receive prompt timely emails about upcoming auto pays and balances.

I called earlier this evening (after "normal business hours") because I was not able to sign on through the Best Egg app that I'd installed on my phone. It didn't recognize my username and password. I'm so happy I called them about my concern. A knowledgeable representative answered the call after only a very brief hold. She was kind, friendly, helpful, positive, and professional. She verified my info, listened intently to my concerns, summarized the concerns back to me, and then walked me through step by step to get me signed into my account.

It was a simple fix. Just go through the BestEgg.com website instead of the mobile app. Turns out that, for now, the mobile app only provides info on Best Egg CREDIT CARDS and NOT PERSONAL LOANS, "although they ARE working to correct that", the representative explained to me. And I did not know Best Egg offered credit cards prior to calling. So that is another possible financial option I can choose to use in the future! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Best Egg! Getting assistance is quick, easy, hassle free, and AVAILABLE when needed. Thank you!!!

This review is totally amazing! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I got a personal loan from Best Egg. The process was simple. However, there was an issue afterward. After the loan was funded, I wanted to set up my account stuff. But the system still wasn't recognizing something within my account. What got a little bit confusing was when I was trying to log back in, it kept telling me that if I wanted to continue my application. But I already got my loan funded. So I had to call customer service and they were very helpful. They did, however, direct me to a different area where it wasn't very clear for me to have noticed that I could have clicked on to continue my setup profile. When it comes to completing stuff sometimes through the phone, our phones get a little distorted, versus an actual laptop. But we got it worked out. The rep that helped me was very nice.

Best Egg response

We're so glad that we could help! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Original review: April 9, 2022

The process was straight to the point, and it was one of the easiest I've done applying for anything. Once you click that you are interested, Best Egg walks you through the steps, and you just put your information in your application. They have to check to make sure you're working, but then within 24 hours, the money is in the account. Also, the payment plan is fine in terms of it's not large amounts. They send me a message when they're gonna take the money, and I make sure the money is in the account. They take it and upload it to the credit bureau as I pay it down.

Try Best Egg because the steps to apply are easy and you can always reach someone to talk to if you need to. I have two loans with Best Egg now. The second time, I was having trouble. I called the number, and the young lady helped me through a few of the steps of signing the paper. When I spoke to her, she was quite knowledgeable, and she stayed on the phone with me and knew every step of the way. Sometimes we are pressed for time when at work, and we're sneaking a few minutes here and there. It's nice that the representative was able to get me through the process quickly.

This review is totally amazing! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

Original review: April 5, 2022

I went through different vendors to see exactly which makes sense to me at the moment. I called Best Egg and I asked them how it works. I liked the feedback I got so I decided to go with them. I did a personal loan because I needed to pay off some of my credit card debt. The application process was easy. They did a background check and decided how much I would be qualified for. I had two or three different options. There was one for 8,000, 9,000, and 10,000. I chose the 9,000 one. They sent me the information and I went through it. I gave them a call that same day. They told me, “Stay on the line with me and let me see if you really were approved for this.” Within less than 10 minutes, the rep came back and said I was approved. I asked how long I would get the fund and it was within two business days. The next day, I got the fund.

When I had issues, I was told to reach out to customer service, which I did. I spoke to a representative and they were exceptional. They were very professional and courteous. Just name it. They're really good at answering questions. If you're concerned about anything, just reach out to them and they'll work with you. So far, so good. Best Egg has made a difference in terms of my debt and getting control of my debt. Go with them. They are a great company to work with.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

Best Egg treated me well. They were really good. They've been really nice to talk to when I’ve needed to. They were very responsive and the application process went well.

Best Egg response

This is fantastic to hear!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

Best Egg has been wonderful. The process was less than an hour. I am very happy with both of the people that I deal with. I would have liked a better interest rate. But using them got rid of a lot of stress.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I did the application process on my cell phone and I was truly surprised it was that easy because I'm not really good with tech. They approved me the next day and I got a loan in a week.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

This company is amazing. I had a situation where I needed assistance with payments (for the second time) and the Customer Service Rep was so kind even in his speaking to me. He helped me resolve my situation in less than 10 minutes. NO attitudes, no extra questions. We got straight to the point and I am very satisfied with this company. I must say it again…. NO ATTITUDES AT ALL. Finally a company that not only understand the value of Customer Service but understands the values of life and its mishaps. Thank you so much Best Egg for everything that you do. ❤️ I pray that you all have the most amazing year. P. S. This company will work with you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I took three loans that I had and combined them all into one through Best Egg. They had the best interest rate. The process was very simple. Everything was done online and it was approved within 24 hours. I had a fantastic experience, so far.

Best Egg Company Information