Compare Offers

3. Personal Loans

4.8/5 (1500 ratings)
Compare Offers  on Personal Loan Pro

About Best Egg

Best Egg is an online lender that offers personal, debt consolidation and credit card refinancing loans. It offers loans up to $50,000. The company promises a simple application process and typically sends payments in as little as one business day. Borrowers can take out multiple loans and don’t have to worry about prepayment penalties.

Pros

• Fully online process
  • Can take out multiple loans
  • Receive funds in as little as a day
  • Competitive interest rates

Cons

• Credit score requirements
  • Minimum income requirements

Bottom Line

Best Egg is an online lending platform that specializes in providing quick, low-interest personal loans. It focuses on getting you the most competitive rates. It provides debt consolidation and refinancing options.

Top Best Egg Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Best Egg is a simple process. Professional staff. Excellent customer service. Website easy to navigate. ... I have been on other websites and it has been my experience that as soo...

Verified

In no time a few questions and a loan was provided. Talk about a great experience. Thank you ladies and gentlemen. You are the Best Egg. I've done business with a lot of other com...

What is Best Egg?

Best Egg is an online lender that provides personal loans to borrowers across the country. The platform is designed to deliver funds quickly and with minimal hassle. Approvals often only take minutes, with funds available in as little as one day. Best Egg’s personal loans can be used for any purpose, whether you're consolidating debt, renovating your home or going on vacation.

How does Best Egg work?

Best Egg offers unsecured, low-interest personal loans from $2,000 to $50,000. The application process is simple:

1. Fill out the application on Best Egg’s website. You need to have certain information on hand, including:
    • Your desired loan amount
    • Individual and household income
    • Home type
    • Debt information
    • Personal information (e.g., Social Security number)
  2. Best Egg runs a soft credit check to determine your eligibility and potential rates. This check won’t affect your credit score, and it lets you compare loan offers.
  3. Best Egg gives you offers for 36-month and 60-month loans. Once you agree to your loan terms, the company may request further proof of identity and income. You also need to provide your checking account routing number, which Best Egg uses to transfer funds.

It’s important to note that Best Egg conducts a hard credit check before finalizing your loan, which could affect your credit score.

Best Egg loan requirements

Best Egg has specific eligibility requirements that loan applicants must meet, including:

• Have a credit score of 640 or higher
  • Have an annual income of $35,000 or higher
  • Have a valid email address and bank account
  • Be of legal age to accept a loan in your state of residency
  • Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident residing in the U.S.

Best Egg allows you to have two open loans at a time, as long as the first loan is in good standing and has been open for at least six months. The combined amount of both loans must be less than $50,000.

Best Egg rates and terms

Best Egg’s APRs can be anywhere from 5.99% to 29.99% and are based on loan length and borrowers’ credit scores.

Because Best Egg’s process is entirely online, the company has fewer underwriting costs and can offer better interest rates and fewer fees than many other loan providers. Loan terms last three to five years, but Best Egg doesn’t charge prepayment penalties. You can pay off your loan in full at any point after your first month’s payment without incurring any extra fees.

Best Egg fees

Best Egg charges a one-time origination fee on all loans to cover processing. It’s an upfront percentage taken out of the amount of your loan and included in the annual percentage rate (APR).

There is a $15 late fee if Best Egg doesn’t receive your payment on time and a $15 return fee if there are insufficient funds in your account.

Best Egg loans FAQ

Is Best Egg safe?
Best Egg is a trusted online lender with positive reviews from many of its customers. The online application and payment portals are secure and easy to use.
What credit bureau does Best Egg use?
Best Egg doesn't specify which credit bureaus it uses to verify borrower details or report payment information.
Does Best Egg verify income?
In some instances, Best Egg may need to verify your income. You may be required to provide proof of income or submit verifying documents.
Does Best Egg charge a fee?
Yes, Best Egg charges a one-time origination fee of 0.99% to 6.99% of the loan's balance. The lender may also charge fees for late payments and return payments.
Can I pay off my Best Egg loan early?
Best Egg does not charge early repayment penalties. After your first month's payment, you can repay the entire balance of your loan at any time.
Does Best Egg do a hard pull on your credit?
To give you a quote, Best Egg performs a soft pull, which doesn't affect your credit score. Once you accept the loan terms, however, Best Egg does a hard pull on your credit report to confirm your eligibility.

Is Best Egg legit?

Best Egg is a trustworthy online lender with flexible repayment terms and competitive interest rates. You can compare your options, use a loan calculator and explore other resources on its website. For borrowers who meet the credit requirements, Best Egg is worth considering as an online lender.

Best Egg Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Original review: June 29, 2021

I applied for a loan with Best Egg through a recommendation from Credit Karma. Everything estimated by Best Egg on Credit Karma was spot on. I really like that before I finalized it gave me the option to take the fees out of my loan amount or increase my loan amount to cover the feeds. Very easy process and I received my funds in 48 hours.

Best Egg response

Quick and easy is what we like to hear! Thanks so much for sharing, Stephanie!

Get buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Best Egg has been a fantastic choice for consolidating credit card debt. I had spent years accruing this debt while in school, so when I finally had a stable job I used Best Egg to help manage this debt. The lower overall monthly payment allowed me to save up for a down payment on a home I just purchased. To my horror, I found out that a lot of work needed to be done on my home before I could move in, and making my monthly Best Egg payment was going to put me in a very tight spot financially.

I called Best Egg and explained my situation to their customer service representative, who calmly explained multiple options for how I could satisfy my debt obligations to Best Egg without worrying about how I was going to pay for groceries over the next two weeks. We discussed which option made the most sense, set up a plan of action, and I hung up the phone knowing exactly what to do next. I couldn't ask for better service and would definitely use them again.

Best Egg response

Thanks so much for sharing, Christopher! Good luck with the home improvements!

Original review: March 15, 2021

I was looking for a personal loan to consolidate some debts. Best Egg was extremely responsive and I was blown away with their customer service. I received my loan within 2 days of applying, and was set up with an account immediately. I needed to update my banking information, which was not a feature online, so I called customer service and was A) NOT on hold for any amount of time, and B) was greeted by an exceptional representative who was not only knowledgeable, but also very quick to resolve my issues and didn't require me to be on the phone for more than a few minutes. This representative was also kind, caring, and a genuine joy to chat with.

I highly recommend this company if you are looking for a personal loan. Their rates are competitive, they offer a variety of loans for your comfort level, and I can't say enough how amazed I was at the customer service and overall experience from start to finish. What other company would give you a loan within 2 days of applying?? Outstanding all around. Highly highly recommend.

Best Egg response

Thanks so much for sharing, Cherry!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Overall, I want to emphasize, how this company has managed the situation during early stages of Covid-19. I called them to ask them to hold my payments until I was in a better situation. They told me not worry, they worked with me. I really felt a little support from a corporate financial company. I Didn't have make payments for 4 months, until last month. I am still struggling with my payments and I really wish the company lower my payments in order for me to be able to afford it. Just saying, they want to go for the extra mile.

Best Egg response

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, Josue!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Applying for this loan was a simple and quick experience. The money was deposited in my bank account approximately two days after I applied. Twice during the 36 months of payments Best Egg allowed me to skip my payment and added it to the end of my payments at no extra charge. I would recommend this company to anyone needing a loan!

Best Egg response

We are thrilled to hear it was simple and quick for you! Thanks for sharing!

Original review: July 11, 2021

I had gone a bit overboard with the additional purchase of hearing aids on top of my ordinary payments. Best Egg was recommended by Credit Karma, a group I trust. Once I completed the documentation needed, they helped me out of my financial bind. (I'm on a fixed income, and they were quite reasonable.)

Original review: July 8, 2021

The representative was very attentive and accommodating; she was able to change my due date with only a few questions and now I'm grateful for my new payment date. Thank you so much for the great customer service.

Original review: July 3, 2021

I was hesitant at first in choosing a loan company to eliminate my c.c. debt. I found Best Egg easy to use. A company that works with you. I wanted to change my due date so I called, the customer service rep did it without question. Even asked if I wanted to lower my payment. I am extremely satisfied.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Best customer service received. Agent was knowledgeable, professional, and able to assist effectively. Loan application/process was carried out smoothly. Company's website is easily accessible. Current rating, 5 Stars.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I tried several companies but Best Egg was by far the easiest to apply for a loan. Very helpful service reps and very quick service! From the start of the process till my money was deposited was less than 2 days!

Best Egg response

We are pleased to hear you had such a great experience, Artha!

Best Egg Company Information