Call toll free
4.83/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Join more than 450,000 customers who trust a brand with an A+ BBB rating. Apply using a quick, hassle-free online loan application. Find out in minutes if you qualify, and there’s no impact to your credit score! Use it for almost anything: to consolidate debt or for other unexpected expenses. It's fast, it’s easy, and it might be just what you need to achieve your financial goals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1246 Best Egg Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 9, 2019

Best Egg is a solution for a short-term problem and it’s not a loan shark. I heard about them from a senior friend of mine who also wanted to consolidate. He told me that Best Egg would treat me right, quick and easy, and would follow through. And that is exactly what happened to me. I’m also gonna get my wife to stop and consolidate her credit card debt and do the same thing because I’m thrilled. I told her, “Don’t look at the loan cost. Do not look at the loan origination. If you do not look at the interest rate, this is only temporary and we’re gonna wipe out these debts at once.”

Best Egg has done a fabulous job. Everyone I spoke to, day and afternoon, helped me and guided me. I’ve never been treated so well in my life. It’s kind of expensive but their customer service department was incredible. Everybody was respectful, professional, and there wasn’t one thing that was not done. Everything they promised, they came through with ahead of schedule. I wasn’t even expecting it. It was too easy. All of a sudden, my account has $5,600 in it. I followed through and did what they asked. My FICO score shot up to almost 700 now and I was in the high 600s.

Every dime that Best Egg paid me, I have accounted for for paying up. I have no credit card debt now and I’m gonna take a 10% hit on that. This month, besides the payment I make, I’m gonna give Best Egg 10% of that loan right back. I’m gonna call them and say I want 600 of principal put right on my account and I’m hoping they're gonna tell me that I can do that.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I had a lot of medical expenses that I thought I could pay them off. You always think that you can take care of it, put it on your credit card and pay it off. But I wasn’t able to do that. I was getting overwhelmed with the credit card. I went through the bunch of mail that Best Egg kept sending. I made a personal loan the first time with them. I just refinanced and my first payment is today.

Their application process was excellent. It was smooth, easy, and painless as could be. I'm in finance and this is my line of business so I totally know what’s going on there. I sent a copy of the written part of my paycheck but I didn’t send the stub with the year-to-date information on it. Best Egg asked for that. I sent it and it was done. The whole process took three days and there was a weekend in there.

Best Egg's rates are high for me, but it’s still better than the credit card. It was like they are taking advantage of somebody who has credit issues and they are gonna jam it to them a little bit. But it was very fair. When you have credit issues, you’re gonna pay a higher rate. Theirs was lower than the credit card payment. And it made my life a whole lot easier to not have the high credit card.

I’ve told people about how easy the process was with Best Egg. Some people get a little overwhelmed with all the paperwork but I’m used to it because that’s what I do at work. It’s a pain in the neck, but Best egg made this as easy as possible and I explained that to people. I kinda pushed one of them that way. I’m pretty sure has credit issues. I told her that the rates are a little bit higher at Best Egg, but if we were to go somewhere else, they could do it even higher. In my case, nobody busted my chops at Best Egg and I didn’t feel overwhelmed. The money came so quickly and it was so nice. It was really godsent.

Best Egg response

We're thrilled to know that your experience with Best Egg was a positive one! Thanks for sharing, Jennie.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My father-in-law was trying to keep his car together and we had a problem financially. I'm a disabled vet while my wife works and she takes up the slack. But we keep our income separate because we don't want to endanger the mortgage. I applied for a loan with Best Egg and my experience with them was great. I was happy with them and they are the best company I've ever worked with.

But because of my debt-to-income ratio, I had to run up some cards when my father-in-law died last year. And I should have really scrutinized that because now, I'm paying 30.99% to those companies and I can't keep up with the financial demands. The interests are high and somehow, I'm keeping up with the minimums right now and getting away with it. But I'm looking at some sort of debt relief to get this done. Also, I called Best Egg a couple of months ago and asked if they would consider redoing my loans so I could consolidate some of these higher interest debts. But they said they didn't do that, so that was too bad. Best Egg offers a rate of 19.99% and I'd be glad to even work out a higher interest rate with them than deal with those credit card companies.

Other than that, going with Best Egg is an excellent solution for hardworking people that are looking to re-establish their credit and not get killed because Best Egg is not sneaking around. Unlike other companies, they do not raise interest rates at 40% after a year and a half. There are too many of that sort of debt predation going on and all these predators out there that are terrible. But Best Egg is fantastic and and I don't have to worry about increasing rates with them. I monitor my loan to make sure that my payments come out of my account but it’s a “set it, forget it” kind of issue.

Best Egg response

We're glad to be able to help in your time of need! ❤️ Thanks for sharing, Alfred!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Application was quick and easy. Got funded fast. However, we didn't get the amount we requested because the way we get paid was too complicated to fit the formula. So, we're not actually in the position we planned to be in at this point. But close enough not to matter. The interest rate we ended up with was on the high end of the range even though our FICOs were between 760 and 800. That didn't quite matter because we had a plan and didn't intend to carry the loan for more than a few months.

Now that it's time to pay the loan off I'm sitting here waiting for this month's payment to come out so I can pay off the loan. So, we're going into a weekend and here we are two days past the due date and there's no sign of the payment coming out. So, I'll end up paying maybe $60 extra in interest while I wait. Now, I wonder if they'll take the interest off. I were two days late in paying. No, they'll get me coming and going.

I positively hate any company that uses **. I've already closed one credit card just because I got sick of never being able to get real service through that website. Best Egg seems to be working on cutting them out of the loop so that'll be great for any future borrowers. All in all, this was a positive experience but it had more to do with goals and pre-planning than the lender we chose.

Best Egg response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're thrilled to hear you have achieved the progress you wanted! Please let us know if you need anything going forward.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I wanted to consolidate some higher interest rate for the drive card from my car maintenance place and my Lowe’s account. At the same time, I also wanted to pay off two four-wheelers. The application process with Best Egg was so easy. The layout of their website was very professional and very straightforward. There was nothing antiquated about it but because of that smoothness of operation, I didn’t think that it was real. So I went to BBB.org to confirm it. It also made me a little anxious when they wanted me to put in my banking account number and routing number on the internet to open up a line for the deposit. But their website said it was CAPTCHA-certified and I proceeded. I pressed go and the money was in my account 24 hours later. It was exactly what they said on the radio. I made my first payment a week ago and the loan was structured for five years.

For 10 years, I didn’t realize that I could get some debt consolidation and that Best Egg was a possibility. I was dealing with my personal bank when I went on to buy a four-wheeler a few years ago and it was a nightmare. I’d have to pay stuff to get a signature loan from my own bank and it was such a pain that I didn’t wanna borrow money anymore. But Best Egg's interface was so simple and I was pleasantly surprised about the whole thing. The rates were also on the website and everything was transparent. Also, I knew what my other credit lines were that I didn’t want to pay off, so I entered the contractual part knowing what I needed and what a good deal was. Best Egg is saving me money and going with them was a win for me.

Best Egg response

This review is totally amazing! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Original review: July 9, 2019

From the first email to the last phone call the professionalism from Best Egg was awesome. So helpful, knowledgeable and very kind. My whole transaction was able to be done by email and phone calls. I would definitely recommend Best Egg for your financial services.

Original review: July 9, 2019

So far, it’s been excellent with Best Egg. They had the best offers, the best accommodation, and it was pretty easy to use. The application process only took minutes and it was all pretty much done online. I would recommend Best Egg.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I called in to ask questions about my loan. I wanted to know how long it would take to pay off my loan paying different payment amounts. I also asked about additional payments going towards principal etc. I change my payment due date and I added my wife as a contact person. The customer service rep was absolutely wonderful. He was professional, courteous and extremely knowledgeable about the products offered. There was no place England whole to get questions answered. He knew what he was talking about and he made me feel even more comfortable with my decision to doing business with this company.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I heard about Best Egg from Credit Karma and I got some comparisons to some of the other companies that were listed. My daughter mentioned that she got a loan through Best Egg, so I just chose that one. I got a personal loan and the application process, which took ten minutes, was very easy. The interactions with the rep was very pleasant, nice and helpful. I’m very satisfied with the service that I’ve received from Best Egg.

Original review: July 3, 2019

The agent gave me lessons on how to provide documents online rather than leaving my home to provide the necessary paperwork.. Really cool! I am a senior and do love technology but using it is difficult for me.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I had a great experience with the initial processing of my loan. Now I am in the waiting on the final OK. I constantly get notifications from all lending agency. I currently have one loan modified and looking for the second in order to save for the future.

Original review: June 29, 2019

The application process of Best Egg was easy and only took three to four days. It was perfect. Also, the rep was courteous and patient. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 28, 2019

We needed our payment date changed.. The representative was courteous, knowledgeable and understandable (English), listened to what I said and worked to resolve the issue! A very pleasurable experience!

Original review: June 22, 2019

Fast, fair, easy to use. Best Egg is amazing! Based their decision on my credit and ability to pay and did not try to control how I wanted to use my money. The loan process was super easy and intuitive. Thank you, Best Egg!

Original review: June 21, 2019

I called Best Egg after checking several companies and they had the best APR rates. The application was simple and understandable. I had no problem. I was given an answer right away. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a loan.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I needed to move a payment date due to unemployment. Best Egg customer service helped with process and no hassle. Customer service was fast and easy with helping me with payment arrangements. And no late fees or penalties.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I am extremely impressed with the quality of customer service and product provided. My loan request was expediently processed in less the time frame stated. Notable is the contact made with Customer Service, truly professional interaction with a “live” representative. Best Egg Product and Service Standards have set a new benchmark!

Original review: June 16, 2019

Best Egg personal loans are the way to go. I’ve had a personal loan through Best Egg now for more than 3 years. From the application process to payoff, I’ve been extremely satisfied with them! They also have payment holidays to skip payments.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I was looking for a loan with a great interest rate to pay off some credit cards and Best Egg blew away the competition. Completing the application online was so easy. We had our money within 3 days. I would recommend Best Egg to anyone needing a loan.

Original review: June 12, 2019

It was easy getting a personal loan from Best Egg. The application process was quick. It was a matter of minutes and was all online. The APR and terms are all fine.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I like to say thanks to Cynthia for being very helpful. Great customer service. I hope to have more business in the future with Best Egg besides this loan. Please let me know if there is special offers and services. I would definitely refer others to your company.

Thanks again,

Norma

Original review: June 8, 2019

I never applied for loan from Best Egg. I've never even heard of them. Somehow they got a hold of my information during my last move (7 months ago) and they've been spamming me with two USPS letters every single week. The mails aren't first-class, so I cannot send them back by marking them 'refused' either.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I got a personal loan from Best Egg. Applying over a computer was very easy and that time, I had a little neighbor girl with me and we sat down and did the process online. The next day, we had to re-picture some of the stuff we sent to Best Egg because it wasn't clear. The process wasn't more than three days and when I was approved, within 24 hours, they had the money in the bank. The people with whom I corresponded with over the phone were the friendliest and most cordial people I have ever heard. They were really nice. Best Egg's loan specialists have been very helpful so far. I have payments deducted from my checking account each month, which is very easy for me. If people are in need, I'd recommend Best Egg highly.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Varied loan options. Easy loan process and excellent customer service! Website is user friendly. Customer Service is a human being, not a robot. Automated phone system is easy to navigate. I highly recommend Best Egg!

Original review: June 7, 2019

To pay off my credit cards, I purchased a loan from Best Egg. I wish the annual percentage rate were a little bit lower, but it's still lower than my credit cards. The online application process was very simple and took about a week. It was also very easy and painless.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I couldn't believe how easy it was for me to reduce by 50% the amount of interest I was paying on my credit card. Emergency medical need blew my card balance up so high it was keeping me up at night. In less than 30 minutes on Best Egg, I was approved for the full amount of my request, taking my monthly payment to a very manageable number, pay the credit card off in full, and return to a peaceful state-of-mind, knowing I could manage it all - and - improve my credit score significantly by doing so. Thank you Best Egg!

Original review: June 6, 2019

I was trying to build my credit and Best Egg came up as a recommendation. I got a personal loan to clear some debts. The application process took 10 minutes and once the approval was done, I got an email and the terms. We got the money and they got my first payment. There was no hassle and no long wait. I requested one amount and they gave another amount with a lower interest, but you're paying a little bit longer which was even better. I was hoping they were legitimate so I'm sure where they came from and I looked them up and they came from Credit Karma so I was satisfied.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Best Egg is very quick and thorough. Within days my bills were all consolidated and the relief was amazing. The APR is slightly elevated, but not as much as other companies can be. Overall I am completely satisfied with this company and the service that they offer. I would definitely recommend Best Egg to others.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I had an easy and pleasant experience getting this loan from Best Egg. It was quick and easy and all done over the internet. I love that send me auto reminders via text regarding payments. Recently I had to call customer service to try and change my payment due date. Customer service was quick, efficient, professional and personable. I was pleasantly surprised with the phone call. They accommodated my needs and did it happily. I feel as though I really matter to them and am not just another customer. I definitely recommend them!

Original review: June 4, 2019

Thought the process was handled to perfection by the Best Egg team. Would refer anyone who is in need of financial help! I am very happy in regards to my rate of the loan. It has made a difference in my monthly expenses.

Best Egg Company Information