2. Finance
  3. Personal Loans

Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.81/5
Based on 1,489 ratings

Best Egg is an online lender that offers personal, debt consolidation and credit card refinancing loans. It offers loans up to $50,000. The company promises a simple application process and typically sends payments in as little as one business day. Borrowers can take out multiple loans and don’t have to worry about prepayment penalties.

BOTTOM LINE

Best Egg is an online lending platform that specializes in providing quick, low-interest personal loans. It focuses on getting you the most competitive rates. It provides debt consolidation and refinancing options.

PROS
  • Fully online process
  • Can take out multiple loans
  • Receive funds in as little as a day
  • Competitive interest rates
CONS
  • Credit score requirements
  • Minimum income requirements

Top Best Egg Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Best Egg is a simple process. Professional staff. Excellent customer service. Website easy to navigate. ... I have been on other websites and it has been my experience that as soon as you check your rate the telemarketers began calling. Not the case with Best Egg.

In no time a few questions and a loan was provided. Talk about a great experience. Thank you ladies and gentlemen. You are the Best Egg. I've done business with a lot of other companies but Best Egg was hassle free.

What is Best Egg?

Best Egg is an online lender that provides personal loans to borrowers across the country. The platform is designed to deliver funds quickly and with minimal hassle. Approvals often only take minutes, with funds available in as little as one day. Best Egg’s personal loans can be used for any purpose, whether you're consolidating debt, renovating your home or going on vacation.

How does Best Egg work?

Best Egg offers unsecured, low-interest personal loans from $2,000 to $50,000. The application process is simple:

1. Fill out the application on Best Egg’s website. You need to have certain information on hand, including:
    • Your desired loan amount
    • Individual and household income
    • Home type
    • Debt information
    • Personal information (e.g., Social Security number)
  2. Best Egg runs a soft credit check to determine your eligibility and potential rates. This check won’t affect your credit score, and it lets you compare loan offers.
  3. Best Egg gives you offers for 36-month and 60-month loans. Once you agree to your loan terms, the company may request further proof of identity and income. You also need to provide your checking account routing number, which Best Egg uses to transfer funds.

It’s important to note that Best Egg conducts a hard credit check before finalizing your loan, which could affect your credit score.

Best Egg loan requirements

Best Egg has specific eligibility requirements that loan applicants must meet, including:

• Have a credit score of 640 or higher
  • Have an annual income of $35,000 or higher
  • Have a valid email address and bank account
  • Be of legal age to accept a loan in your state of residency
  • Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident residing in the U.S.

Best Egg allows you to have two open loans at a time, as long as the first loan is in good standing and has been open for at least six months. The combined amount of both loans must be less than $50,000.

Best Egg rates and terms

Best Egg’s APRs can be anywhere from 5.99% to 29.99% and are based on loan length and borrowers’ credit scores.

Because Best Egg’s process is entirely online, the company has fewer underwriting costs and can offer better interest rates and fewer fees than many other loan providers. Loan terms last three to five years, but Best Egg doesn’t charge prepayment penalties. You can pay off your loan in full at any point after your first month’s payment without incurring any extra fees.

Best Egg fees

Best Egg charges a one-time origination fee on all loans to cover processing. It’s an upfront percentage taken out of the amount of your loan and included in the annual percentage rate (APR).

There is a $15 late fee if Best Egg doesn’t receive your payment on time and a $15 return fee if there are insufficient funds in your account.

Best Egg loans FAQ

Is Best Egg safe?
Best Egg is a trusted online lender with positive reviews from many of its customers. The online application and payment portals are secure and easy to use.
What credit bureau does Best Egg use?
Best Egg doesn't specify which credit bureaus it uses to verify borrower details or report payment information.
Does Best Egg verify income?
In some instances, Best Egg may need to verify your income. You may be required to provide proof of income or submit verifying documents.
Does Best Egg charge a fee?
Yes, Best Egg charges a one-time origination fee of 0.99% to 6.99% of the loan's balance. The lender may also charge fees for late payments and return payments.
Can I pay off my Best Egg loan early?
Best Egg does not charge early repayment penalties. After your first month's payment, you can repay the entire balance of your loan at any time.
Does Best Egg do a hard pull on your credit?
To give you a quote, Best Egg performs a soft pull, which doesn't affect your credit score. Once you accept the loan terms, however, Best Egg does a hard pull on your credit report to confirm your eligibility.

Is Best Egg legit?

Best Egg is a trustworthy online lender with flexible repayment terms and competitive interest rates. You can compare your options, use a loan calculator and explore other resources on its website. For borrowers who meet the credit requirements, Best Egg is worth considering as an online lender.

Best Egg Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Original review: March 15, 2021

I was looking for a personal loan to consolidate some debts. Best Egg was extremely responsive and I was blown away with their customer service. I received my loan within 2 days of applying, and was set up with an account immediately. I needed to update my banking information, which was not a feature online, so I called customer service and was A) NOT on hold for any amount of time, and B) was greeted by an exceptional representative who was not only knowledgeable, but also very quick to resolve my issues and didn't require me to be on the phone for more than a few minutes. This representative was also kind, caring, and a genuine joy to chat with.

I highly recommend this company if you are looking for a personal loan. Their rates are competitive, they offer a variety of loans for your comfort level, and I can't say enough how amazed I was at the customer service and overall experience from start to finish. What other company would give you a loan within 2 days of applying?? Outstanding all around. Highly highly recommend.

Best Egg response

Thanks so much for sharing, Cherry!

Get buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Overall, I want to emphasize, how this company has managed the situation during early stages of Covid-19. I called them to ask them to hold my payments until I was in a better situation. They told me not worry, they worked with me. I really felt a little support from a corporate financial company. I Didn't have make payments for 4 months, until last month. I am still struggling with my payments and I really wish the company lower my payments in order for me to be able to afford it. Just saying, they want to go for the extra mile.

Best Egg response

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, Josue!

Original review: July 8, 2020

I learned about Best Egg through Credit Karma and I have and continue to have a good experience with both. Best Egg makes applying for a personal loan very simple and the initial inquiry does not affect your credit score. You fill out the form and they come back and tell you how much you qualify for. You can then accept that amount or choose a lesser amount. You can also choose the interest payback option that works best for you. You also get to choose if you want to either add the application fee to your loan which of course will increase your loan amount or have it deducted from your loan amount. They send you emails so you don't have to guess about the status of your loan. A representative will call to confirm your info and then in a matter of 1-3 days you are approved and the money is in your bank account. Using autopay ensures that your payments are always on time, just make sure that the funds are in your account.

After having to make some major purchases I took out a second loan to pay off the previous loan and my credit card, so I am on my second loan with Best Egg and am a satisfied customer. I am the type of customer that if I am dissatisfied I will let everyone know, but when I find a company that practices the 'old-school' values of professionalism & courteous customer service then I am more than happy to sing their praise! I highly recommend Best Egg!!! Sincerely, vlw.

Best Egg response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Valerie!

Original review: June 11, 2020

This was a great experience. I was looking for a loan to cover some items and so far this was the easiest loan application ever. Everything was done online - and there were several loan amounts provided, including the amount that I was looking for. All aspects of the loan were provided and it made the decision as to which loan amount I really needed easy. It took way less time - just a day or two to know how the approval process was going and I had my loan in less than 4 days.

Best Egg response

We are over the moon to hear you have had a great experience! Thank you for sharing!

Original review: April 23, 2020

I would consider the Best Egg loan process one of the easiest not to mention very accommodating. Don't have perfect credit and I was in a pinch. I really appreciate all the best egg did for me. The rate was that as low as I would have liked but it definitely was not very high like others. Thank you.

Best Egg response

We are pleased to hear we made it easy for you! Thanks for sharing!

Original review: March 6, 2021

Best Egg is a simple process. Professional staff. Excellent customer service. Website easy to navigate. Recommend. I have been on other websites and it has been my experience that as soon as you check your rate the telemarketers began calling. Not the case with Best Egg.

Best Egg response

We are pleased to hear you are pleased! Thanks so much for sharing!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I needed to speak with a CSR about a payment that was being drafted from my account the following month. I was not budgeted for that payment, so in discussing this, the CSR was able to resolve my concern.

Best Egg response

Thanks so much for sharing, Dora!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

In no time a few questions and a loan was provided. Talk about a great experience. Thank you ladies and gentlemen. You are the Best Egg. I've done business with a lot of other companies but best egg was hassle free.

Best Egg response

We are pleased to hear you are pleased! Thanks so much for sharing, Marc.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

My application process was very easy and my repayment of my loan went through in a very smooth and orderly manner with no problems at all, one must not ask for a loan that they may have trouble repaying, when keeping that in mind no one should have any problems with Best Egg.

Best Egg response

We are thrilled to hear we made it easy for you! Thanks so much for sharing!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Best Egg has always been easy to work with from day one. Very fair rates on their loans & the employees are always friendly. Most importantly, when I want to speak to someone live they are always available.

Best Egg response

We are thrilled to hear that, William. Thanks for sharing!

Best Egg Company Information