4.9/5 (221 ratings)

About Best Egg

Best Egg is an online lender that offers personal, debt consolidation and credit card refinancing loans. It offers loans up to $50,000. The company promises a simple application process and typically sends payments in as little as one business day. Borrowers can take out multiple loans and don’t have to worry about prepayment penalties.

Pros

• Fully online process
  • Can take out multiple loans
  • Receive funds in as little as a day
  • Competitive interest rates

Cons

• Credit score requirements
  • Minimum income requirements

Bottom Line

Best Egg is an online lending platform that specializes in providing quick, low-interest personal loans. It focuses on getting you the most competitive rates. It provides debt consolidation and refinancing options.

Top Best Egg Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Best Egg is a simple process. Professional staff. Excellent customer service. Website easy to navigate. ... I have been on other websites and it has been my experience that as soo...

Verified

In no time a few questions and a loan was provided. Talk about a great experience. Thank you ladies and gentlemen. You are the Best Egg. I've done business with a lot of other com...

What is Best Egg?

Best Egg is an online lender that provides personal loans to borrowers across the country. The platform is designed to deliver funds quickly and with minimal hassle. Approvals often only take minutes, with funds available in as little as one day. Best Egg’s personal loans can be used for any purpose, whether you're consolidating debt, renovating your home or going on vacation.

How does Best Egg work?

Best Egg offers unsecured, low-interest personal loans from $2,000 to $50,000. The application process is simple:

1. Fill out the application on Best Egg’s website. You need to have certain information on hand, including:
    • Your desired loan amount
    • Individual and household income
    • Home type
    • Debt information
    • Personal information (e.g., Social Security number)
  2. Best Egg runs a soft credit check to determine your eligibility and potential rates. This check won’t affect your credit score, and it lets you compare loan offers.
  3. Best Egg gives you offers for 36-month and 60-month loans. Once you agree to your loan terms, the company may request further proof of identity and income. You also need to provide your checking account routing number, which Best Egg uses to transfer funds.

It’s important to note that Best Egg conducts a hard credit check before finalizing your loan, which could affect your credit score.

Best Egg loan requirements

Best Egg has specific eligibility requirements that loan applicants must meet, including:

• Have a credit score of 640 or higher
  • Have an annual income of $35,000 or higher
  • Have a valid email address and bank account
  • Be of legal age to accept a loan in your state of residency
  • Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident residing in the U.S.

Best Egg allows you to have two open loans at a time, as long as the first loan is in good standing and has been open for at least six months. The combined amount of both loans must be less than $50,000.

Best Egg rates and terms

Best Egg’s APRs can be anywhere from 5.99% to 29.99% and are based on loan length and borrowers’ credit scores.

Because Best Egg’s process is entirely online, the company has fewer underwriting costs and can offer better interest rates and fewer fees than many other loan providers. Loan terms last three to five years, but Best Egg doesn’t charge prepayment penalties. You can pay off your loan in full at any point after your first month’s payment without incurring any extra fees.

Best Egg fees

Best Egg charges a one-time origination fee on all loans to cover processing. It’s an upfront percentage taken out of the amount of your loan and included in the annual percentage rate (APR).

There is a $15 late fee if Best Egg doesn’t receive your payment on time and a $15 return fee if there are insufficient funds in your account.

Best Egg loans FAQ

Is Best Egg safe?

Best Egg is a trusted online lender with positive reviews from many of its customers. The online application and payment portals are secure and easy to use.

What credit bureau does Best Egg use?

Best Egg doesn't specify which credit bureaus it uses to verify borrower details or report payment information.

Does Best Egg verify income?

In some instances, Best Egg may need to verify your income. You may be required to provide proof of income or submit verifying documents.

Does Best Egg charge a fee?

Yes, Best Egg charges a one-time origination fee of 0.99% to 6.99% of the loan's balance. The lender may also charge fees for late payments and return payments.

Can I pay off my Best Egg loan early?

Best Egg does not charge early repayment penalties. After your first month's payment, you can repay the entire balance of your loan at any time.

Does Best Egg do a hard pull on your credit?

To give you a quote, Best Egg performs a soft pull, which doesn't affect your credit score. Once you accept the loan terms, however, Best Egg does a hard pull on your credit report to confirm your eligibility.

Is Best Egg legit?

Best Egg is a trustworthy online lender with flexible repayment terms and competitive interest rates. You can compare your options, use a loan calculator and explore other resources on its website. For borrowers who meet the credit requirements, Best Egg is worth considering as an online lender.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Original review: April 9, 2022

The process was straight to the point, and it was one of the easiest I've done applying for anything. Once you click that you are interested, Best Egg walks you through the steps, and you just put your information in your application. They have to check to make sure you're working, but then within 24 hours, the money is in the account. Also, the payment plan is fine in terms of it's not large amounts. They send me a message when they're gonna take the money, and I make sure the money is in the account. They take it and upload it to the credit bureau as I pay it down.

Try Best Egg because the steps to apply are easy and you can always reach someone to talk to if you need to. I have two loans with Best Egg now. The second time, I was having trouble. I called the number, and the young lady helped me through a few of the steps of signing the paper. When I spoke to her, she was quite knowledgeable, and she stayed on the phone with me and knew every step of the way. Sometimes we are pressed for time when at work, and we're sneaking a few minutes here and there. It's nice that the representative was able to get me through the process quickly.

This review is totally amazing! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

Get buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I went through different vendors to see exactly which makes sense to me at the moment. I called Best Egg and I asked them how it works. I liked the feedback I got so I decided to go with them. I did a personal loan because I needed to pay off some of my credit card debt. The application process was easy. They did a background check and decided how much I would be qualified for. I had two or three different options. There was one for 8,000, 9,000, and 10,000. I chose the 9,000 one. They sent me the information and I went through it. I gave them a call that same day. They told me, “Stay on the line with me and let me see if you really were approved for this.” Within less than 10 minutes, the rep came back and said I was approved. I asked how long I would get the fund and it was within two business days. The next day, I got the fund.

When I had issues, I was told to reach out to customer service, which I did. I spoke to a representative and they were exceptional. They were very professional and courteous. Just name it. They're really good at answering questions. If you're concerned about anything, just reach out to them and they'll work with you. So far, so good. Best Egg has made a difference in terms of my debt and getting control of my debt. Go with them. They are a great company to work with.

This review is totally amazing! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

The website was very informative and the transaction was very smooth and very quick. Although, when I was applying for the loan, there was not much human contact and there could have been more human-to-human communication. My issue was after we had signed up. Last month, my first payment was due and I had a communication issue. I called and spoke with one of their agents but from what I see, there's not too much communication within the company itself - department to department.

I had an issue with fraud in my checking account and we had to freeze and close it. I communicated that with Best Egg as quick as I could and the agent that I had spoken to then mentioned a relief program that they had for three months. But she wrote down on my account that I had promised to pay the full amount and that's not what I had said. That left me an alert and I didn't find that out until my fourth call. But it did show that she had given me this flex plan and what happened was the main department that did the billing encashed this main bill to my checking account but there were no funds in it because it was frozen. I was charged and they overdraft me. I had to call them back and they told me to tell my bank to reverse it. My bank sent it back and then they resubmitted it, which cost me another fee.

I spoke to a rep, Cynthia, and she was fantastic. She called me yesterday and they usually don't pay overdraft fees but due to these circumstances that I didn't know what, she paid those and my payment won't be due until the end of this month. Once I got the correct hands, everything was fine but maybe the agents need to be trained a little better about the company policy.

Best Egg response

We're sorry to hear that you encountered this issue. Please be assured that your feedback will be reviewed and taken into consideration to improve our customer experience. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. If your concerns have still not been resolved, please give us a call so that we can get things straightened out. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I applied for a $5,000 personal loan with Best Egg three years ago. I got the loan and the payments were automatically taken from my account from the get-go. However, something was off the first couple payments and it looked like the first two payments were skipped. Because I wasn't paying it, I didn't realize it wasn't being automatically taken out. By the third payment, it was all cleared up. The payment comes out of my account every month and there's never been an issue. I've never missed a payment, so I said, "Okay. I would like 1,500. Christmas is coming. I'm gonna apply for another loan. I pay them on time. I should be able to get another loan." They would not give me another loan because of those first two payments.

Best Egg's first line of customer service people need to transfer to someone higher up that can make decisions. I called them because I didn't know with the balance I had, if I could refinance that or if I had to get a second loan. If I was getting a second loan, I wanted to make it enough so I could pay that first one off then have a second loan. I explained that to the multiple people I talked to on the phone and they would not budge or send me to anybody else about the first two payments. I said, "I get the first two payments were late, but if you look at my history, you look at my everything, it's not an issue." I just went with somebody else and got a loan with them.

Best Egg response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience withus. We're so sorry to hear that the service you experienced was anything less than perfect. Please be assured that customer satisfaction is our number one priority, so we will be sure to forward your feedback along to the appropriate department for review. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I have other loans and Best Egg's was the easiest, most hassle-free loan that I have ever gotten in my life. I lost my job and got another offer from a new company, so I was waiting for my start date. They pushed it a month and I was in a situation where I needed to maintain my bills. I went through Credit Karma and saw a company that I applied a loan for before Best Egg. It dragged on for three weeks that they would want my information. A week would go by and they'd ask for something else. At that point, I thought, "I can't do this anymore. This is insane."

I saw Best Egg was also listed on Credit Karma and decided to apply. I got a phone call right away and they asked for my information. It was a seamless process, and I wound up getting funded two days later. I did the automatic payment. Also, I love all the emails, which are cool marketing, and the website. I appreciate the company and I'm so thankful. I have credit cards that still need to be consolidated and I have other loans. At a certain point, when I pay down this loan, I would most definitely re-apply for another one. I will always use Best Egg. It's a great company and I've told a few friends about it as well. I said, "If you need a loan, this is the company to go."

This review is totally amazing! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Here’s the whole experience:

- Applied online (it was pretty easy but some of the questions were completely irrelevant).
    - Confirmation email goes straight to SPAM (email title has no indication of a company just “Card Servicing”).
    - Nothing happened for a couple of days so I decided to give them a call… spoke to the rep (got connected at almost no time - 1 star for this). The representative assured me everything is set and I will expect card confirmation shortly.

- A few days down the road calling Best Egg again, and now the other rep is saying that the application was closed (not declined) just “closed”… when asked what is that supposed to mean (the agent said: I don’t know) then I asked to delete all my personal information according to CCPA, and got declined…

It seems like they just collecting personal information and selling it to 3rd party companies. Stay away - I have already filed several legal complaints in regards to CCPA. Cheers!

Best Egg response

We're sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied. If you'd like to discuss your concerns, feel free to give us a call at 855-282-6353.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Best Egg seemed like that they were as fair as some of the other people I had checked with. Their process was one of the easiest ones I had ever dealt with. The rep was very informative. She made me feel that she cared about what I was asking for. I'm very satisfied with Best Egg. One of my loan's due the first of the month and they sent me a reminder.

Best Egg response

We’re thrilled to hear that you're a happy camper! Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

I like my experience with Best Egg because I put in my information and they called me right away. It was okay with the rep I spoke with and I recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Couldn't believe I was approved. My own bank that's seen thousands and thousands dropped in it a month never would approve me. Best Egg seems to have the winning combination with approval, auto pay and allowing early payoff and payment date choice.

Best Egg response

We're so glad that we could help! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

It was one of the easiest processes I ever went through for a loan. It took 20 minutes tops. The rep was awesome. She broke everything down to me. She was patient enough to wait for me to get my checking and routing number, account number, and she would explain everything, and she said, "Hey, you've been approved." She was excellent. It turned out to be one of the best things I could have ever done. It took a lot of stress off my shoulder.

Best Egg Company Information