Call toll free
4.80/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Join more than 450,000 customers who trust a brand with an A+ BBB rating. Apply using a quick, hassle-free online loan application. Find out in minutes if you qualify, and there’s no impact to your credit score! Use it for almost anything: to consolidate debt or for other unexpected expenses. It's fast, it’s easy, and it might be just what you need to achieve your financial goals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1316 Best Egg Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Best Egg had good rates and they were at the top of the list of people that would probably approve me for this. I gave it a shot to see if I would be approved. I was and it was an easy process. It went through really fast. The application process seemed pretty straightforward, just basic questions and then showing that I had some income. I did have to show them that I can pay them back. I did have to back off at one point because I couldn’t get one of the documents that Best Egg asked for. I had trouble getting my pay stubs to upload so I had to do it a different way and that took longer. But it wasn’t really the site. It was a problem on my end, not on theirs. Altogether, the process took about an hour but the initial process only took maybe 15 minutes.

By going through Best Egg, my monthly payment was lower and the interest rate was lower too. The loan stretched out over three years but the interest rate was like 17%, whereas what I paid it off with was 22.5%. I’m real happy with how this worked out. This is gonna save me a lot of money by doing this. I'm a nice, satisfied customer. I was towards the end of paying off some medical bills from last year and I had to use my credit card to pay them off and also take out medical loans. I was really kind of scrambling there to try and do this. But now, with this, I was able to pay off a big chunk of that. I don’t have to worry about what I’m gonna do and how I’m gonna pay rent. The bills will all be completely paid off in two more months and Best Egg gave me the room I needed to be able to get comfortably by for the next two months.

Best Egg response

Easy and quick is what we like to hear! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Best Egg is a solution for a short-term problem and it’s not a loan shark. I heard about them from a senior friend of mine who also wanted to consolidate. He told me that Best Egg would treat me right, quick and easy, and would follow through. And that is exactly what happened to me. I’m also gonna get my wife to stop and consolidate her credit card debt and do the same thing because I’m thrilled. I told her, “Don’t look at the loan cost. Do not look at the loan origination. If you do not look at the interest rate, this is only temporary and we’re gonna wipe out these debts at once.”

Best Egg has done a fabulous job. Everyone I spoke to, day and afternoon, helped me and guided me. I’ve never been treated so well in my life. It’s kind of expensive but their customer service department was incredible. Everybody was respectful, professional, and there wasn’t one thing that was not done. Everything they promised, they came through with ahead of schedule. I wasn’t even expecting it. It was too easy. All of a sudden, my account has $5,600 in it. I followed through and did what they asked. My FICO score shot up to almost 700 now and I was in the high 600s.

Every dime that Best Egg paid me, I have accounted for for paying up. I have no credit card debt now and I’m gonna take a 10% hit on that. This month, besides the payment I make, I’m gonna give Best Egg 10% of that loan right back. I’m gonna call them and say I want 600 of principal put right on my account and I’m hoping they're gonna tell me that I can do that.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I had a lot of medical expenses that I thought I could pay them off. You always think that you can take care of it, put it on your credit card and pay it off. But I wasn’t able to do that. I was getting overwhelmed with the credit card. I went through the bunch of mail that Best Egg kept sending. I made a personal loan the first time with them. I just refinanced and my first payment is today.

Their application process was excellent. It was smooth, easy, and painless as could be. I'm in finance and this is my line of business so I totally know what’s going on there. I sent a copy of the written part of my paycheck but I didn’t send the stub with the year-to-date information on it. Best Egg asked for that. I sent it and it was done. The whole process took three days and there was a weekend in there.

Best Egg's rates are high for me, but it’s still better than the credit card. It was like they are taking advantage of somebody who has credit issues and they are gonna jam it to them a little bit. But it was very fair. When you have credit issues, you’re gonna pay a higher rate. Theirs was lower than the credit card payment. And it made my life a whole lot easier to not have the high credit card.

I’ve told people about how easy the process was with Best Egg. Some people get a little overwhelmed with all the paperwork but I’m used to it because that’s what I do at work. It’s a pain in the neck, but Best egg made this as easy as possible and I explained that to people. I kinda pushed one of them that way. I’m pretty sure has credit issues. I told her that the rates are a little bit higher at Best Egg, but if we were to go somewhere else, they could do it even higher. In my case, nobody busted my chops at Best Egg and I didn’t feel overwhelmed. The money came so quickly and it was so nice. It was really godsent.

Best Egg response

We're thrilled to know that your experience with Best Egg was a positive one! Thanks for sharing, Jennie.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My father-in-law was trying to keep his car together and we had a problem financially. I'm a disabled vet while my wife works and she takes up the slack. But we keep our income separate because we don't want to endanger the mortgage. I applied for a loan with Best Egg and my experience with them was great. I was happy with them and they are the best company I've ever worked with.

But because of my debt-to-income ratio, I had to run up some cards when my father-in-law died last year. And I should have really scrutinized that because now, I'm paying 30.99% to those companies and I can't keep up with the financial demands. The interests are high and somehow, I'm keeping up with the minimums right now and getting away with it. But I'm looking at some sort of debt relief to get this done. Also, I called Best Egg a couple of months ago and asked if they would consider redoing my loans so I could consolidate some of these higher interest debts. But they said they didn't do that, so that was too bad. Best Egg offers a rate of 19.99% and I'd be glad to even work out a higher interest rate with them than deal with those credit card companies.

Other than that, going with Best Egg is an excellent solution for hardworking people that are looking to re-establish their credit and not get killed because Best Egg is not sneaking around. Unlike other companies, they do not raise interest rates at 40% after a year and a half. There are too many of that sort of debt predation going on and all these predators out there that are terrible. But Best Egg is fantastic and and I don't have to worry about increasing rates with them. I monitor my loan to make sure that my payments come out of my account but it’s a “set it, forget it” kind of issue.

Best Egg response

We're glad to be able to help in your time of need! ❤️ Thanks for sharing, Alfred!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I wanted to consolidate some higher interest rate for the drive card from my car maintenance place and my Lowe’s account. At the same time, I also wanted to pay off two four-wheelers. The application process with Best Egg was so easy. The layout of their website was very professional and very straightforward. There was nothing antiquated about it but because of that smoothness of operation, I didn’t think that it was real. So I went to BBB.org to confirm it. It also made me a little anxious when they wanted me to put in my banking account number and routing number on the internet to open up a line for the deposit. But their website said it was CAPTCHA-certified and I proceeded. I pressed go and the money was in my account 24 hours later. It was exactly what they said on the radio. I made my first payment a week ago and the loan was structured for five years.

For 10 years, I didn’t realize that I could get some debt consolidation and that Best Egg was a possibility. I was dealing with my personal bank when I went on to buy a four-wheeler a few years ago and it was a nightmare. I’d have to pay stuff to get a signature loan from my own bank and it was such a pain that I didn’t wanna borrow money anymore. But Best Egg's interface was so simple and I was pleasantly surprised about the whole thing. The rates were also on the website and everything was transparent. Also, I knew what my other credit lines were that I didn’t want to pay off, so I entered the contractual part knowing what I needed and what a good deal was. Best Egg is saving me money and going with them was a win for me.

Best Egg response

This review is totally amazing! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

They were very helpful from the time of first inquiry. They have great rates and some of the best terms as far as personal loans are concerned. I would definitely use them again in the future, should the need arise.

Best Egg response

We're so pleased to hear we made it easy for you! Thanks for sharing your experience with Best Egg.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I took out a loan and the process was simple easy and fast. Great! Here's where it gets worse. Today is September 13th. I sent a check on August 9th and it cleared the bank on August 14th. I have been trying to get this resolved for over 2 weeks almost everyday and the best someone can tell me is that they are researching where the money was applied and that they can not apply this payment to my account until that process is done. When I asked how long the process should take, I was told 7-10 days. Keep in mind they have a copy of my check showing that it was deposited by them and cleared my bank. It has been well over 2 weeks since I started the process of trying to resolve this matter and was told yet again today that that it would take 7-10 days to resolve.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I got Best Egg from Credit Karma and I had a very good experience with them.

Best Egg response

We're so pleased to hear you had such a great experience! Thanks for sharing, Brian.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

The application process at Best Egg was pretty easy. I filed it and it was approved. Best Egg is fairly easy to work with and quick. It went great with them.

Best Egg response

We're so pleased to hear we made it easy for you! Thanks for sharing, Colin.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I did a consolidation loan from Best Egg and I was happy with everything. The application process was simple, quick and painless. Everything was online. I submitted my application a few weeks ago and in just a day or two, I had an email back saying, “The money has been deposited in your account.” I had to call in once to set up the account that I didn’t scroll down for and their rep knew exactly where I was at, and what I needed to do. The amount that we needed was perfect and the payments were lower by 100 bucks compared to what I was paying. I’d tell more people about Best Egg.

Best Egg response

If you’re happy, then we’re happy! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Best Egg Company Information