Call toll free
4.82/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Best Egg helps consumers fix their personal balance sheets through a transparent and fair personal loan product delivered in a fast, easy online process that is an empowering first step toward financial freedom. Founded by a team of experts with decades of financial services experience, Best Egg is one of the fastest growing loan products available to help to assist with paying off personal debt from credit cards, home improvements, medical expenses, and other life events. With the aim to help qualifying customers take control of their debt, Best Egg strives to offer manageable loans and clear-cut payment plans.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

957 Best Egg Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Application was quick and easy. Got funded fast. However, we didn't get the amount we requested because the way we get paid was too complicated to fit the formula. So, we're not actually in the position we planned to be in at this point. But close enough not to matter. The interest rate we ended up with was on the high end of the range even though our FICOs were between 760 and 800. That didn't quite matter because we had a plan and didn't intend to carry the loan for more than a few months.

Now that it's time to pay the loan off I'm sitting here waiting for this month's payment to come out so I can pay off the loan. So, we're going into a weekend and here we are two days past the due date and there's no sign of the payment coming out. So, I'll end up paying maybe $60 extra in interest while I wait. Now, I wonder if they'll take the interest off. I were two days late in paying. No, they'll get me coming and going.

I positively hate any company that uses **. I've already closed one credit card just because I got sick of never being able to get real service through that website. Best Egg seems to be working on cutting them out of the loop so that'll be great for any future borrowers. All in all, this was a positive experience but it had more to do with goals and pre-planning than the lender we chose.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I needed a loan for home repair. Best Egg was the perfect choice for my needs. My loan was fast and approved within an hour. My home repairs are now completed and looks beautiful. I would recommend Best Egg loans for anyone needing financing. Thank you Best Egg.

Best Egg response

Thanks for your recommendation, Terry!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

The entire process was fast and easy! My loan funded into my account on Day 3 after I applied. I couldn't be happier with the product or service, and I will definitely be returning to BEST EGG for all future loans. THANK YOU!

Best Egg response

If you’re happy, then we’re happy!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have an amazing experience. The first time got a personal loan without stressing out. It was simple, faster and best customer service. Available to answer questions when I need it. I’ll be happy to recommend to my friend and family.

Best Egg response

We appreciate your recommendation!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I needed a bill consolidation loan. Read good reviews on them, applied with no problems. Had money in my account in no time. Later needed help and customer service is excellent. Very happy with experience, highly recommended.

Best Egg response

Thank you for your glowing recommendation!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I paid off my Best Egg loan 4 years early. When I did, Best Egg did a hard check on my credit. They also haven't reported that my balance has been reduced to 0 in over a month. Although I always paid on time and paid it off early, they certainly aren't helping my credit report. Don't plan to be using them again.

Best Egg response
Simply applying for a Best Egg loan will not affect your credit score as only a soft credit inquiry is generated. If a loan offer is accepted, the soft credit inquiry is converted to a hard credit inquiry, which may impact your credit score.

We understand your dissatisfaction with delays in seeing the current status of your account on your credit report and take your concerns seriously. Please allow 30-45 days for your credit report to reflect the current status of your loan. If after this time period, you're concerns have still not been resolved, please give us a call at 855-282-6353 so that we can get things straightened out. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I received a personal loan from Best Egg. My experience with them was much better than with the other companies that I have tried. The application process was simple. I did it online, answered the questions they asked, and they approved me right away. I got it all done in one day. Their percentage and terms were also viable and acceptable. They take the payments out from my bank account and I get a reminder before they take the payment. Everything went so smoothly. I’ve never had a problem with them at all. I am totally satisfied with Best Egg.

Best Egg response

We're thrilled to know that your experience with Best Egg has been great so far!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

This was the quickest loan process I ever applied for and the service was excellent. There was a very quick turnaround in the time I applied for the loan and received my funds in my bank account. I will always come back again if In need of a loan.

Best Egg response

We're thrilled to hear that, Paul! Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

The loan process was seamless and quick. Awesome job. The time it took to apply to the time the funds was deposited was indeed breathtaking. Will do business again in the future if needed and will let my family and friends know of BE. Thank you.

Best Egg response

That's wonderful! Thanks for sharing and spreading the word about Best Egg!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

The application process with Best Egg was very easy. It took less than half an hour. The longest side of it was I had to go find a fax machine somewhere to fax information. That took a while because I live in a little town and the town office is only open certain days. The people at Best Egg were very nice and the money was in my account before the next day. It was very fast. If I ever needed help again, they would be the first one that I'd contact, instead of going to my bank. Best Egg is much simpler and easier, and they were much nicer.

Best Egg response

We're thrilled to know that your experience with Best Egg was a positive one! Thanks for sharing, Mary.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Okay I borrowed to pay off some debt but it was easy. I got approved and it was direct deposit. The only thing I did wrong was not to borrow enough money but I did bring down my debt. I'd recommend this company for another loan or to others.

Best Egg response

Thanks for your recommendation, Becky!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

My loan with Best Egg help me put my finances back on track. Now, I have hope for a brighter financial future. I reduced my interest payments on my credit cards by at least seven percent. If you use Best Egg, you won't be disappointed.

Best Egg response

That's all great to hear! Thank you for sharing, Philip.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Application process was not difficult and efficient in regards to verifying information. Customer service representatives were also friendly, which meant a lot. Only concern was I originally did not select automatic payments, when application was approved it said I did.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Applied for a loan to consolidate debt. The process was painless and efficient. The APR rate was terrific. Best Egg is truly the best and most organized. The APR rate is very fair and the lowest I found with no hidden gotchas. I very much like being able create an online account to manage the loan and accelerate payments with no penalty charge.

Best Egg response

That's all great to hear! Thank you for sharing, John.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I was really happy with the professionalism of all parts of the process. Every step was handled with care and experience. The online process is flawless. You all have this down to a science. Thanks for handling my experience the way you did.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Easy application process, received my loan within 4 days and consolidated all of my credit card debt! There is a fee for this service, but it was worth it because of the low-interest rate. In addition, there is no penalty for paying off the loan early.

Best Egg response

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Best Egg was the only company which seemed interested making a personal loan even though I have a credit rating in the 800s with a State pension, which essentially is a guaranteed income for life. They acted quickly and made the funds available in the manner requested. Their interest rates were as good as anybody's.

Best Egg response

We're thrilled to know that your experience with Best Egg was a positive one! Thanks for sharing, Michael.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I have recently opened an account with Best Egg. Their loan application was uncomplicated, the company was easy to work with and their rates/terms were very good. Their customer service has been polite and professional, as well as knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Best Egg for your next loan. Thank you!

Best Egg response

Thank you for your glowing recommendation!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I recently considered applying for a loan but always fell short because I thought Best Egg was in the same class as pay day loans. After much investigation I decided to give Best Egg a try. I called their office to receive all the information I could get before making my decision. They answered every question and even made suggestions to help me make my decision. I was not pressured into making a spur of the moment decision. If you are looking for a personal loan, I would recommend that Best Egg be at the top of the list. I know who I will turn to the next time I need help.

Best Egg response

This is fantastic to hear! Thank you for your glowing recommendation, Sam!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I would definitely refer a friend or daily member! Best Egg has been excellent in how easy it was to go through the process of getting a personal loan! It was a quick painless process with great results and quick access to your money! Thank you!

Best Egg response

Thanks for sharing and spreading the word about Best Egg!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Quick and fast! Answered a few questions, uploaded some documents and was granted a loan in 48 hours, had the money in my bank account the next day. The best thing about it was I was able to choose my own payment amount. So glad I tried Best Egg, would definitely consider using them again.

Best Egg response

We’re thrilled to hear that you're a happy camper! Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

So super easy to apply and consolidate my loans. I have automatic withdrawal and my life has been simplified. If I needed another loan they would be the ones to call. Best Egg that been the absolute BEST to work with. I would recommend it to everyone looking for a loan.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Everything went well, all the application process was smooth. I do feel that the interest rate was higher than it should have been. It was all done very quickly. I would recommend it to friends, but I will say the rate was high.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

The process was painless compared to a bank. Also my money was deposited within 72 hours. The interest rate was very good. The processing fee however was a little steep. Best Egg might get a lot more applications with a lesser fee. Will definitely recommend.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I am so grateful to Best Egg for an efficient, non discriminatory and super fast service! The application process was super easy , the website is designed with heart and thought ! And I got approved with few hours and money were in my account in a timely manner! I was in a pickle and Best Egg came to rescue when no one else did! Thank you for a breather! The customer service deserve million of stars! I am not a fan of taking up a loan but life happens and sometimes you really need to ask for help, Best Egg made it possible!

Best Egg response

This review is totally amazing! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My experience was outstanding. The process was so simple and straightforward. And it was very quick and easy. I would and will tell my family and friends about Best Egg. And I will use again in the future if needed.

Best Egg response

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing and spreading the word about Best Egg!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

This was the best experience I've ever had to get a loan, it was quick and easy. I said to myself this can't be true it's too easy. I said let me try this. I filled out the application online, within 2 days I received my money. Quick, easy and stress-free.

Best Egg response

We're thrilled to know that your experience with Best Egg was a positive one! Thanks for sharing, Marie.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I was very pleased with my experience with Best Egg as I consolidated my loans. Very easy and quick to do and within a few days, I received my money. My payment choices fit my lifestyle and I was able to have it taken right out of my account.

Best Egg response

We're pleased to hear that you're pleased, Loretta!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I received a lower interest loan than I expected, affordable payment play, that was flexible. I was approved instantly, and the funds were in my bank, in just a few days after approval. I would not hesitate to recommend Best Egg to a friend or family member in the future.

Best Egg response

We appreciate your recommendation, Jan!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Taking out a Best Egg loan was the best thing that we could have done for our financial future. It was nice not to have to speak with someone who would try and talk us into this loan, we did it all online. The payments are affordable and there is an end in sight. The website is user-friendly. Money was transferred in and bills were paid out almost immediately, with a big sigh of relief. I’m so happy we did this!

Best Egg response

If you’re happy, then we’re happy!

Best Egg Company Information