toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Stephanie,
We are sincerely happy to hear that we were able to help you in your time of need. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. All the best to you and your family.

The Best Egg Team

Original review: June 14, 2017

My son was suddenly diagnosed with a chronic illness and the vehicle that I needed to carry him back and forth to his various medical appointments was in need of repairs. Best Egg provided a quick and easy process for me to get the money I needed to take care of my child. So many other lenders take advantage of vulnerable consumers in times of desperation and need. I feel that Best Egg cares about its customers.

I was interested in consolidating some debt and securing funding for a major purchase. I researched multiple avenues (my credit union, my bank, other online lenders) and Best Egg by far offered the best rate. The application process was SO SIMPLE I almost couldn't believe it was true. I was approved in minutes and the loan was funded and in my bank account within 48 hours. I love the option of automatic payment and that I am able to pay the loan off at any time without a prepayment penalty. Thank you Best Egg!! You are definitely the best!

Best Egg

"We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you were satisfied with your smooth and speedy Best Egg experience. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Margaret. Welcome to Best Egg!

The Best Egg Team"

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I wanted to pay off some medical bills and I took a personal loan from Best Egg. We would always want the annual percentage rate to be lower, but it seemed fine. The process was good, smooth and speedy. It was pretty simple and it took half an hour only because I was asking questions. They also told me what I needed to provide them. The loan specialist was very pleasant and helpful. He answered all my questions and was on target. They were right on time and the funds were in there just like they said.

Best Egg

"Thank you for returning to Best Egg for another personal loan! Your loyalty means everything to us. We're so happy to continue to have you as a customer.

The Best Egg Team"

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Best Egg had a good offer so we purchased a personal loan from them to pay off some other debts. This was our second loan with them and we were happy with the annual percentage rate and the terms. The application process, which took two or three days, was easy too. We were very pleased with Best Egg.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hi Dina,
Thank you for taking the time to reach out and allowing me to respond to your concerns! I apologize that we were not able to present you with a loan offer that fits your current financial needs. The concept of pre-approval for a Best Egg loan is predicated on information we obtain from the credit bureaus and our credit criteria. Once you apply, we make credit decisions based on your credit history and the information provided in the loan application such as income, employment and other key financial ratios. Please feel free to contact us directly with any additional questions or concerns.

The Best Egg Team

Original review: July 28, 2017

This seemed like the most legitimate offer. However, and again, these offers should NOT be allowed. They are far fetched and even after they send the PRE APPROVED invitation, and after making the application send you a CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE APPROVED email with the amount of loan and percentage rate. Then they require more information and more documentation. After you send that information, you get a call for yet MORE documentation, on top of what you complied with sending. Now they want Tax returns and schedule C docs... I'm not buying a house, It is a debt consolidation. Like for the amount of debt to lower rates and lower the monthly payment amount. Such a waste of time and now my credit has a damaging inquiry and will lower my credit score.

Best Egg

"We're thrilled that you decided to give Best Egg a chance, Brittany! We're even more thrilled to hear that you were happy with your experience. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

The Best Egg Team"

Original review: July 26, 2017

I received a personal loan from Best Egg. My friend's experience made me decide to purchase a loan from them. Everything looks good when we looked it up and I was very happy with the annual percentage rate and the terms. The application was done online and it felt like it took 10 minutes to complete the process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Hi Carly,
Thank you for taking the time to reach out and allowing me to respond to your concerns! I apologize that we were unable to make you an offer at this time. Once you apply, we make credit decisions based on your credit history and the information provided in the loan application such as income, employment and other key financial ratios. Please rest assured that your credit rating has not been impacted as a result of your application as we only facilitated a “soft pull”. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please feel free to contact us directly with any additional questions or concerns.

The Best Egg Team

Original review: July 20, 2017

My husband applied for a loan through Best Egg to help consolidate some credit card debt that we accrued paying off some of our child's medical bills. The loan amount was for $5,000 - not a ton and our combined household income is six-figures so this should've been a quick process for us. I uploaded EIGHT (8) different documents documenting our income (tax returns, W2's, and paystubs).

After 3 weeks, we called to see what the status was and what information they still needed. We were told our income doesn't meet the minimum requirements (what?) and that according to their calculations our income was somewhere around $45k. Again... what? I logged back into the dashboard and confirmed that the documents I uploaded showed income for over six-figures. We both have been working with the same companies for over 5 years with steady incomes. And we literally have nothing they can deduct from our income (we have no child support, alimony, or other payments that could potentially reduce our income for their purposes). I honestly want to buy a calculator for their accounting person.

Anyway, the last person/people we dealt with were extremely rude, seemed very confused when I asked questions about how in the world this could possibly happen AND they no one could tell us HOW they came to their income calculations. It was a big mystery. We were told "Well, we're just going to have to modify it to a lower loan amount." Um, no. We have plenty of other resources for loan options and if you can't do basic math OR explain how you came to the conclusion of subtracting over $60k in income, then we don't want to do business with you. Also, train your customer service people to not be so dang grouchy. We withdrew our application today and have already been approved for a loan with our credit union - for the same amount and much lower interest rate. We should've gone with them from the get-go. I definitely do not recommend Best Egg. Very frustrating.

Updated on 07/24/2017: For some reason, I can only respond to Best Egg's response privately but I want this response to be also be public... Best Egg, I'm not sure how your response is in any way relevant to my original review? You didn't "deny" our application nor did I express any concern over our credit or how it may/may not have been affected by our application. We WITHDREW our application because of unsatisfactory customer service and your inability to provide any sort of explanation on how you came up with our household income. Somehow, somewhere someone in your company really screwed this up but you don't take any responsibility for it. Instead, I've received very generic responses from both your customer service during the application process to now a very generic response from you regarding my review that had nothing to do with what I was talking about. Again, I absolutely will never recommend Best Egg to anyone.

"Hi Timothy,
Thank you for taking the time to share and for allowing us to respond. We apologize to hear that you were not satisfied with your offer. As outlined on our website and in the offer you received, your loan is subject to final verification of your identity, information submitted on your application, and credit information. We would be more than happy to discuss further if you would like. Please feel free to call us at the phone number provided with your offers.

The Best Egg Team"

Original review: July 19, 2017

Why I was very pleased with the efficiency. In getting the loan, I'm very disappointed in my follow up experience. The day after I was approved for my loan, I received an offer from Best Egg for a lower APR which would have saved me hundreds of dollars on the overall loan. Best Egg wouldn't honor their offer, and I will have to pay the higher APR. We're talking about one day here. It really soured me on the experience, which prior to that I would have rated very high.

Best Egg

"Your recommendation means everything to us, Elizabeth! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and spreading the word about Best Egg!

The Best Egg Team"

Original review: July 13, 2017

This company made the process so smooth. It was easy to follow and fast. I filled out my portion and sent my documents and was approved the same day. Received my money in 2 business days! Had to call and change my due date for payment and even that was smooth and easy! Would totally recommend them to anyone! Thank you!

Best Egg

"We're happy to hear that everything went smoothly, George. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

The Best Egg Team"

Original review: July 10, 2017

I am thoroughly satisfied with Best Egg!! Applying for a personal loan with Best Egg was the easiest loan request I have ever experienced. I applied for a specific amount of money to consolidate credit card bills. My loan was approved within a few hours and the finalization of the loan was completed within 24 hours after submitting requested tax information and supporting income documents. The loan was funded directly into my bank account within 5-working days!!

Best Egg

Thank you for your great review, Ryan! Your recommendation means everything to us. Welcome to Best Egg :)

The Best Egg Team

Original review: July 8, 2017

If you are in the market for a personal loan like I was a few weeks ago, look no further than Best Egg. After filling out the application, you will have your funds in a day or two depending on your qualifications. Finally, Best Egg has great rates on all of their loans. You will be amazed at the interest rate you end up with!

Best Egg

We're happy that we were able to get all of your questions answered and provide you with a loan that fits your needs! Thanks for sharing and welcome to Best Egg!

Original review: July 7, 2017

My experience with Best Egg have been superb from the word get go. My wife and I got all the answers to the question that we asked. And that prompted us to continue with the application to this loan. We will, if asked, recommend Best Egg to any customer that will be interested in a loan from Best Egg.

Best Egg

It's wonderful to hear that you were satisfied with your experience, Douglas! We're also happy that you're taking advantage of automatic payment! It's such a great way to ensure you don't miss a payment. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Welcome to Best Egg!

Original review: July 7, 2017

I received an offer in the mail to apply for a loan. The information I got was accurate. I applied for the loan and was approved. The process was easy and I was completely satisfied. The interest rate was lower than what I was paying on my credit cards. I set up automatic payments from my checking account.

Best Egg

"Wow! Thank you for such a great review, Lenora! We're just happy we could help. Welcome to Best Egg!

Original review: July 7, 2017

Where other banks and financial institutions turned me down, Best Egg was there for me! If you are looking for a no-hassle loan, and require the funds to be deposited into your account within two business days, look no further, as Best Egg is the loan for you! My appreciation and thanks to Best Egg! I will definitely refer Best Egg to anyone who needs a personal loan.

Best Egg

"We're glad that we were able to get everything squared away and get the correct documentation. Please let us know if you need any further assistance going forward. Thanks for your review, Tatiana!

Original review: July 7, 2017

They approved me right away, and when there was something wrong with my direct deposit paper (I don't have checks), they called and instructed me to send them the correct documentation. Excellent customer service as well. Everything went smooth how it should be.

Best Egg

YOU'RE the best, Arendrell! Your recommendation means the world to us, so thank you for sharing. Welcome to Best Egg!

Original review: July 7, 2017

Best Egg was quick with approving my application and I was able to pay off credit cards with high interest, which allowed me to save money. I would definitely refer Best Egg to family and friends. Best Egg has a low interest rates compared to others.

Best Egg

Easy, straightforward, and flawless?! That's amazing to hear! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Ernest.

Original review: July 7, 2017

This could not have been an easier process! The application was straightforward, the approval was quick and the fund dispersal was flawless -- who could ask for anything more! If I ever need another consumer loan, Best Egg will be high on the list of who I call first.

Best Egg

We're thrilled to hear that you're satisfied, Jack! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Original review: July 7, 2017

Very simple procedures. I supplied the requested information and was quickly approved. The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful and easy to work with. I would recommend Best Egg to others. Their payment options, especially the auto deduct is very simple.

Best Egg

"We're happy to hear that your experience with Best Egg was an excellent one! We look forward to servicing your financial needs now and in the future. Thanks for sharing, Kathryn.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I had an excellent experience with Best Egg. The speed and convenience of the loan was wonderful. And, the funds were directly deposited into my checking account within just a couple of days. This is the most convenient way to get a personal loan. There was no going down to the bank and filling out long forms and waiting days for a response. I knew almost immediately that I was approved and got my funds really quickly. I would recommend Best Egg and I will use them again, if needed.

Best Egg

"Wow, that's wonderful! Thank you for spreading the word about Best Egg and being a loyal customer! We're just glad that we could help. Thanks for the review, Robert.

Original review: July 7, 2017

From the time I went on-line to see what I wanted for a loan to the time my loan was approved and deposited into my bank account was a very quick response time. I have already recommended your site to couple of my friends. Thank you.

Best Egg

"Your recommendation means everything to us, Robert! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

Original review: July 7, 2017

Application was easy, straightforward, and got an answer in no time. Well maybe wasn't quite that fast but sure was quicker than waiting for days or weeks waiting to hear something from a bank. I would recommend to a friend, especially in a emergency when you need money now, not in a week or two.

Best Egg

If you're happy, then we're happy! Thanks for sharing Carl!

Original review: July 6, 2017

I am completely satisfied with my experience with your company. Your interest rate was very competitive, it did not take very long at all, and it was a very easy process. I did not have to spend any time on the phone. The funds were in our account in a couple of days. Thank you!

"Hi Amarilys,
We're happy to hear everything's gone smoothly thus far. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: July 6, 2017

I couldn't believe how fast it was to obtain a loan from Best Egg. I did not have to submit documents, did not have to wait days to get approved. The whole process took less than 5 days for me to get my cash.

"Hi Sheryl!
We're happy to hear that Best Egg was the best choice for your situation. Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: July 6, 2017

Process was easy and documents requested were reasonable. It was a good choice for my situation. I was able to get a couple house repairs completed and paid down credit card balances with a reasonable rate. While comparing with other loan companies, Best Egg seemed like a better option.

"Hi Kaylene,
Congratulations on getting on your path to becoming debt-free! Welcome to Best Egg!

Original review: July 6, 2017

Incredibly easy experience, had deposit in a couple days. I highly recommend Best Egg, helping me out of debt with lower rate! Plus my credit score went up after the loan. 3 yrs to debt free! Much easier also making one payment than a bunch.

Enjoyed every step in the process, from requesting a loan to speaking with the loan officer. Secondly it was very quick and clear cut. There were no, "hold on let me check with another office manager." Bottom line, got a nice rate and the funds were in my account the next day.

"Hi Josh,
Your recommendation means EVERYTHING to us! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and welcome to Best Egg.

Original review: July 6, 2017

Five Stars all the way! You won't find another site for your loan needs that is quicker and more convenient than Best Egg!! We had our funds the next business day. Application process was seamless, with minimal documentation required. Highly Recommend!!

Best Egg

"Thank you for your kind words, Gregory!
We look forward to servicing your financial needs now and in the future.

Original review: July 6, 2017

This was the easiest process we have ever encountered, and we received the funds within 24 hours! If we have the opportunity, we will definitely work with them again in the future! The website is easy to use and applying was a snap! We are very happy with the service.

"Hi Antonio,
We're thrilled to hear that you decided to give Best Egg a chance! Thanks for sharing and welcome!

The Best Egg Team"

Original review: July 5, 2017

I was online and checking on my credit stuff. I’ve seen Best Egg and I gave them a call. Then I had a letter come and an offer. I talked to the lady at Best Egg about it and she helped me out. We put the application through and it came back with the approval. The process was pretty simple. I got a $15,000 loan and was happy with the rate and terms. I’ll recommend Best Egg to anybody and I have already told about three people about them.

Hi Angela,
As long as you're happy, we're happy :)
Thank you for sharing and welcome to Best Egg!

The Best Egg Team

Original review: June 26, 2017

I was approved for a loan to consolidate my credit cards. Received a reasonable rate that lowered my monthly payments! It was so fast and easy! I was able to upload my paystub and a rep was nice enough to call and verify my bank acct in a matter of minutes! Already got my email that everything is approved and I will receive my loan in 2 to 3 days! So happy to reduce the amount of money I pay out every month and save thousands at the same time!

Hi David,
We're glad to hear that everything's going smoothly so far. Thank you for your review.

The Best Egg Team

Original review: June 23, 2017

I got mailed some letter by Best Egg. I also looked them up online and got referrals before getting a loan from them. Best Egg deposited the money in my account and the experience has been good so far. Their reps were courteous, too.

Best Egg Company Profile