4.72/5
  • 1 star
Based on 454 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Best Egg helps consumers fix their personal balance sheets through a transparent and fair personal loan product delivered in a fast, easy online process that is an empowering first step toward financial freedom. Founded by a team of experts with decades of financial services experience, Best Egg is one of the fastest growing loan products available to help to assist with paying off personal debt from credit cards, home improvements, medical expenses, and other life events. With the aim to help qualifying customers take control of their debt, Best Egg strives to offer manageable loans and clear-cut payment plans.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 14, 2017

455 Best Egg Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I refinanced some credit cards with Best Egg. The process was easier than I thought. I applied on a Sunday but didn’t get to finish. Best Egg called that Monday and I was able to finish the application. I had the money in my account by that Wednesday. The payments are affordable and the interest rate is lower. My credit score also improved significantly.

Best Egg response

That's awesome, Judy! Thank you so much for taking the time to share.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I am highly satisfied with the ease of obtaining a loan from Best Egg. The whole process was finalized in under 24 hours. So much easier than dealing with a bank. I love the fact that I could consolidate all of my credit cards and pay them off with this type of loan.

Best Egg response

We're over the moon to hear that you're highly satisfied with the ease of our process. Thanks for sharing, Daniel.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

My experience was quite pleasant. I had a few questions that were answered quickly and efficiently. Even though my credit was less than perfect, they were able to get me the loan I was asking for. I was able to pay off my credit card debt and I'm now on the way to better credit health. Would highly recommend them to others.

Best Egg response

That's wonderful to hear that you're improving your credit health! Thank you for taking the time to share, Wilson.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Process was super quick and easy and so was the deposit into my account. Also the monthly payback is very convenient by being automatically deducted every month. That way you never have to worry about missing a payment. I would highly recommend to anyone!

Best Egg response

Hi Donna! We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with your experience so far. Please let us know if you need anything going forward. Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I had no problem submitting the request and got prompt response to my loan application. No hidden fees or charges. Best Egg was upfront with all aspects of my loan, and the money arrives on schedule. I would have no problem recommending Best Egg.

Best Egg response

We're thrilled to hear that you feel this way, William! Thanks for sharing!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Disappointed that this positive trade line has not been reported to any of the credit bureaus. I specifically asked about reporting and was told that information would be communicated regarding active trade line. 3 months since funding and 3 payments without reporting.

Best Egg response

Hi Ryan. Thank you for taking the time to reach out. Your concerns have been forwarded along and a representative will be reaching out to you directly to address them.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I needed a consolidation loan for credit cards so we could buy a house. Best Egg was recommended by Credit Karma. It was easy to understand and quick! The whole process for getting a loan was great. I have already recommended Best Egg to friends and family. I'll definitely be using Best Egg again for my loan needs in the future.

Best Egg response

We're thrilled to hear that your experience with Best Egg was quick and easy! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Julie.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Best Egg made the process simple, easy and pain free to start and finish the loan process. The interest rate was very fair and reasonable. I would recommend Best Egg and will seek my next loan from Best Egg too.

Best Egg response

Your recommendation means everything to us, Kevin! Thank you for sharing.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Application process was fast & approval was even faster. Great way to obtain a loan without the hassle of dealing with banks. Customer service line had live people to speak to in order to inquire about any issues. Rates were very reasonable & will be referring others to look into this company for future loans.

Best Egg response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and spreading the word about Best Egg. We greatly appreciate it, Angelo!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

The Whole entire process of getting a loan from Best Egg was made very easy. Loan was approved instantly and money was deposited into my bank account in two days. The terms of the loan also fit perfectly in line with my budget. Thank You Best Egg!

Best Egg response

That's wonderful, Tina! Thank you for your review.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

My experience with Best Egg was very positive. The entire process from start to finish was fast and efficient! The staff at Best Egg were always professional and knowledgeable. I would, without a doubt, recommend Best Egg to anyone interested in getting a loan.

Best Egg response

Hi Jessica! We're thrilled to hear that you were satisfied with the service that you received. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Very easy process. I couldn’t believe once I got the money into my account as soon as next day. Interest rate less than my credit cards so I paid off my credit card with the money I received from this company.

Best Egg response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Farah! We're happy to hear that everything has worked out!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Initially, I wanted to consolidate my credit card debt into one single payment. Best Egg made the process very easy and very fast. No problem with the online process and the funds were in my bank account within 24 hours. Already made two payments and it could have not been easier. Many thanks!!!

Best Egg response

Many thanks to you for the great review, Robert!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I was looking for lower interest loan to pay off a high interest store credit card. Best Egg made that possible in a very easy, no stress, easy to deal with application. THANK YOU BEST EGG. IT was a real pleasure doing business with you. I have recommended you to several friends and family.

Best Egg response

The pleasure if all ours, Wanda! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

My loan experience was fast and easy. The terms were clear and easy to understand and the money was directly deposited into my bank account. It was the easiest loan I have ever done. I would recommend Best Egg to anyone. Thank you.

Best Egg response

That's awesome to hear that your experience with Best Egg was so easy! Thank you for your review, Michael.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

It's rare to find a company that can back up its claims. Best Egg is one of those companies. After cancer surgery last year I have been struggling to get 'back on track's. After having been given the runaround by other companies, this one gave me the chance I needed and followed through with EVERY promise made. I would, and have, recommended them to anyone that would listen. AAA+++!!!

Best Egg response

Hi Martyn. We're so happy to hear that we were able to help. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We wish you all the best going forward :)

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Dealing with Best Egg was a very nice experience. Filled out the forms online, then talked to a salesperson. They kept me informed on every step of the way. Never making me wonder about the loan. A very nice experience.

Best Egg response

We're happy to hear that you feel this way, Larry! Thanks for sharing.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

My experience was very pleasant with Best Egg. No hassles, no Hoops to jump through which is unheard of when it comes to applying for a loan. Give it a try. It's good to feel like a customer instead of a nuisance.

Best Egg response

Hi Gary! We're happy to hear that your Best Egg experience was a no-hassle, no-hoop one. Thanks for sharing.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

The paperwork was quite easy and the terms are pretty good. My only complaint is the origination fee - some other lenders don't charge anything. Not sure if the terms get better once you pay off a loan and become an existing customer (rather than a 'new' customer).

Best Egg response

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to share, Bruce.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I found that Best Egg was the best one to get a loan from. I applied online and it was a very easy and very simple process. I have recommended it to one person. Best Egg made loan easily available and it was a great experience.

Best Egg response

We're happy to hear that your experience with Best Egg was a great one! Thanks for sharing.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I was contemplating on getting a new heating system for my home. It was costly and since I kept getting the mailing from Best Egg, I checked it out and the turnaround was very fast and the application process was very easy. I submitted the information and the check was in the mail much more quickly than I ever would have expected. The upfront cost was a little bit steep, though. I didn’t read the fine print closely enough, but I borrowed $6,000 and ended up getting $5,400. Other than that, I was very pleased.

Best Egg response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Laurie. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to give us a call.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I have received repeated direct mail pieces from Best Egg, each saying I am PRE-approved for a personal loan as low as 4.99%. I can consolidate my bills and pay less in the long run. After months of getting this stuff in the mail, I finally fill out ALL the info and then in a millisecond was told, "Too bad, we don't have ANY OFFERS for you." Now they have ALL my info including birthday, last four of my social, etc. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER! Talk about FAKE!!! Fake offer after fake offer...

Best Egg response

Hi Valerie. Thank you for taking the time to reach out. The concept of pre-approval for a Best Egg loan is predicated on information we obtain from the credit bureaus and our credit criteria. When someone applies, we make credit decisions based on his/her credit history and the information provided in the loan application such as income, employment and other key financial ratios. Simply applying will not impact one's credit rating as only a "soft pull" is initiated. Please be assured that any information provided is used solely for the purpose of the loan application. If you'd like to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call at 855-282-6353. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I received a letter from Best Egg saying I was pre-approved for a loan up to 40,000 dollars. I applied over the phone and was sent a acceptance email, for two different loan terms. I choose the shorter one which was for a 3 year loan for the amount of 13 thousand dollars, to consolidate some debt. So after going through the process of sending all my information like bank and taxes information, I get a phone call saying they wasn't able to approve the loan, because of my taxes was showing a negative which is the amount of the expenses I use for gas and maintenance on my van. I have good credit and pay my bills on time. Never late. I am married, so me and my husband share expenses. The loan payment was 443.00. I'm paying 850.00 in all my own bills alone. And always on time. That's half of what I'm paying. Why are they looking at what is reported on my taxes and not my credit history and the money I make?

Best Egg response

Hi Millicent. Thank you for reaching out. Credit decisions are based on applicant's credit history and the information provided in the loan application such as income, employment and other key financial ratios. As outlined on our website, loans are subject to final verification of identity, information submitted on the application, and credit information. If you'd like to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call at 855-282-6353. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We were happy with Best Egg's rates. My wife and I looked into them before deciding to get a loan from them. I filled out the paperwork online and it took 20 minutes to finish. I also called and the rep I spoke with was good. I’d recommend Best Egg.

Best Egg response

We're happy to hear that you gave Best Egg a chance and that you were satisfied. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Getting approved at Best Egg was very easy and convenient. I applied online and the process took 5 minutes, which was really quick. Everything went fine.

Best Egg response

We're happy everything's gone well so far. Thank you for your review, Nicholas.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I wanted to consolidate all my bills and since I have been getting things from Best Egg for a while now, I went with them. I then applied online and the process was very quick and simple. Their reps also answered my questions and everything was good. I would recommend them.

Best Egg response

We're happy to hear that you're satisfied! Thanks for sharing, Bonita.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I wanted to pay off some credit cards and Best Egg's interest rate was very good for me so I applied and got a loan with absolutely no problem. It’s paid through my bank automatically and it's pretty well done. A couple of months ago, I did the same thing but for a smaller amount. They’re taking two payments out of my bank now. The whole process has been fine. I got online, put in my offer number from my document and I was approved within 15 minutes.

Best Egg response

Hi Pamela. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to give us a call at 855-282-6353.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I had a loan through Best Egg three years ago and then they contacted me again and it was useful then so I used them again. I have excellent experience previously and the same thing at this time. I'd used Lending Club once and Best Egg was excellent also. I've had good experience with both companies. I'm paying down a whole bunch of things but when there's a little bit of crunch, it's better to turn in the credit cards. It's much quicker and less onerous than going through banks. Banks keep you on the time for two, three weeks for everything. So, I like the fast process. I had a debt consolidation loan and their application process was straightforward. There's a certain amount of documentation but it went quite well. Overall the loan process took about three or four days to approve and the interest rate was very, very competitive.

Our loan specialist was superb. She explained everything very patiently. She had to come back and reaffirm something but she was apologetic and everything worked perfectly. I thought I was in very professional hand and that’s why I came back to them for the second time which I didn’t do with Lending Club. I was declarative on what I wanted. They did say we could extend the term longer and get the payments down. I said, “No.” They did give me comparisons and I said, “No, the three year is fine.” In fact, I did all fairly and that helps too that there are no prepayment settlements. I always look at that when applying for the loan. The only thing that’s a little peculiar in my point of view was the name, Best Egg. I'm not sure where it comes from but the first time I saw them I thought it was literally Easter egg sales but everything was perfect.

Best Egg response

Hi Kenneth! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I wanted to pay a few things up so Best Egg was the best way for me to go. I looked at everything like credit cards, I could transfer on to them. I could get 36 months and that's the payment I could afford. The application process was done within a week and the young man that helped me out was awesome. He updated me and knew exactly what was happening. I called him back another day to see if everything got approved and he had all the answers and he was so helpful. I was shocked that the money was there quickly. I will highly recommend them for the service that I got.

Best Egg response

Your recommendation means everything to us! Thank you for your review, Maryanne.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I got debt consolidation loan from Best Egg and did the application process online and it was very easy. It took about 15 minutes and they responded within 24 hours. I was happy with the APR and the terms. It has been a great experience and I was pleasantly surprised.

Best Egg response

That's wonderful! We always like to hear when our customers are satisfied. Thanks for sharing, David!

Best Egg Company Information