2. Finance
  3. Personal Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5

New Credit America is a licensed lending company that helps individuals restore their financial health. Its customized loan products and debt consolidation services are available across all 50 states, and the company focuses on tailoring solutions to your specific financial situation. It offers fixed interest rates and some flexible payment plans.

BOTTOM LINE

New Credit America offers personal and debt consolidation loans with fixed interest. It charges no late or prepayment fees. It has some flexible payment terms, but its APRs go up to 29.99%, and its loan max is $10,000.

PROS

• Payment flexibility in some cases
  • No late pay or prepayment penalties
  • Fixed interest rates

CONS

• 5% origination fee
  • Up to 29.99% APR
  • Loans capped at $10,000

Top New Credit America Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about New Credit America?

I am extremely satisfied with New Credit America. The loan helped me start to get my credit score back up. Customer service was always helpful with any questions or concerns I had. And it was super easy to transfer my debt settlement balance, they did everything, all I had to do was make payments.

What a wonderful loan company to deal with! They have helped me improve my financial situation in a short amount of time… They are always here for their customers and have gone out of their way for me. Thank you for helping me achieve financial freedom! :)

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

What is New Credit America?

New Credit America is a licensed consumer finance company. It offers two types of loans: the DebtAway Loan and the Reload Loan. DebtAway is a debt consolidation loan and is ideal for those who need to combine multiple debt accounts into one. Reload is a personal loan with a maximum of $10,000. You can apply for either loan type regardless of your credit score.

New Credit America offers fixed interest rates, payment amounts and loan terms. It charges no late fees and provides flexible payment options in some cases. You can start applying online and can stop the application process at any point before the documents are signed. Borrowers must be at least 18 years old (some states have more strict age requirements); you can find more information about eligibility and requirements on the website.

New Credit America loan services

New Credit America is a finance business that offers debt consolidation and personal loans. Debt consolidation loans are best for those who want to take several debt accounts and put them into one monthly payment. The company’s personal loans have a limit of $10,000 — these funds are deposited directly into a checking account.

Both loan types have fixed interest rates and no prepayment penalty or late fees. New Credit America’s loan terms are fixed based on payment amount, though the company offers payment flexibility in some cases. Payments are fixed based on interest rate, payment term and the amount borrowed.

New Credit America loan rates

New Credit America’s interest rates are fixed and depend on a variety of factors. These include your FICO credit score, income and loan amount. Its interest rates range from 19.99% to 29.99%. Its debt consolidation loans may require a 5% origination fee and an APR of up to 29.99%, but both its debt consolidation loans and personal loans require no late fees or prepayment penalties. Monthly payment amounts are fixed.

New Credit America FAQ

Where is New Credit America available?
    New Credit America is available nationwide. It’s based out of Portland, Oregon.
    How much can I borrow from New Credit America?
    Its debt consolidation amounts vary based on your level of debt. These loans require a 5% origination fee and an APR of up to 29.99%, and its personal loans max out at $10,000.
    Does New Credit America charge fees on its personal loans?
    New Credit America’s personal loans require no late fees and no prepayment penalties. Its interest rates are fixed, but its debt consolidation loans may be subject to loan origination fees.
    What can I use my New Credit America loan for?
    New Credit America’s debt consolidation loans can be used to take multiple debt accounts and combine them into one, creating one monthly payment. Its personal loans can be used for a wide variety of purposes.

Is New Credit America legit?

New Credit America has two loan options: loans for debt consolidation and personal loans up to $10,000, which can be used for various purposes. Its interest rates are fixed, and it charges no late payment fees or prepayment penalties. It’s likely worth it for those who need to consolidate debt or who need smaller personal loans of no more than $10,000, but its APR rates can go as high as 29.99%.

New Credit America Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New Credit America?

Original review: July 2, 2020

I needed a loan to payoff loans into one payment. The loan process was very easy to fill out and they seem like they were on your side willing to go the extra mile for you to get done. Very please!!!!

Original review: July 19, 2019

Was referred by my debt relief company when I had already settled 5 of 6 creditors, only one was outstanding. I had said I only wanted the outstanding under this program to my debt relief program and the rep for New Credit. No one said that would be a problem. Then the debt relief rep called said they had a settlement and wanted me to approve it. I said not without documentation as my experience with them had not been favorable as well.

I got the documentation and it was not just the one card but all! I called new credit and the rep tried to tell me they get everything settled at once so it stops affecting to my credit. I told her that it was only 1 card still outstanding so that did not apply to me. That’s when the other shoe fell. She said it was company policy to include everything into one loan. So the debt relief company that was to save me 25% referred me to a loan company that’s rate is 29.7% which wanted that rate applied to my 5 settled accounts and one that was outstanding. No thank you! To anyone who is thinking of using this service definitely make sure you read all the fine print, ask for documentation via email, and most importantly protect yourself as these companies have not done this for me.

Get buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Bait and Switch. So I received a pre-approved loan offer. So I decided to apply as I wanted to combined into 1 payment. My credit is fair not great but not bad. They denied the application and push you into debt settlement program. I have no need or desire for that just was looking to combine a few things into 1 payment. To have them try this was very deceiving and not reputable. Just be aware as they do a hard inquiry on your credit.

Original review: June 12, 2019

So. ANCA (A New Credit America). I received a "Your Pre-Qualified" Debt Away Loan in the mail. Filled it out online, I get a hard inquiry on my credit report. They can't help with a loan, but they were willing to "Help Me" like when I signed up with their "Partner" Clear One Advantage. I told them "NO THANK YOU"! Robin Hood in reverse!!

Original review: May 23, 2019

I got my loan with New Credit America through my debt relief firm. At first, it sounded too good to be true. But I have seen that it works. All my debt was paid off and the collections calls stopped. My credit score is even improving.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I signed up for debt consolidation because my credit card payments were getting too high. I was not late or behind on my payments until signing up with New Credit America. Apparently they let it go to the point that 1 of my creditors got a judgment against me which is negatively impacting my credit. The company that got the judgement was paid off but the judgement has not been removed from my credit and when I called to ask New Credit America about this they said it's my responsibility to dispute it to have it removed from my credit but at the time I signed up I was told that they would help monitor my credit to make sure things like this did not happen so that is not true.

I was also not informed that if they make agreements with the companies to lower your debt that the company your indebtedness to can come after you at the end of the year and you have to pay it as part of your taxes so they do not help you in any way except to put you in more debt and make money off of you. I would not trust them again and I would advise you not trust them either. They are not here to help you. They are here to make money off of you.

New Credit America response

We apologize your experience with New Credit America has not been to your satisfaction. We have attempted to contact you personally to resolve this matter with you. We would appreciate an opportunity to work with you on making your experience a more positive one, so please contact us at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

What does PRE-QUALIFIED mean??? It means they get all your information, turn you down for the loan you were non-qualified for then offer you some crap and a debt settlement offer they have. Do not fall for this bunch of lies!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

It is funny how they state on their website "Don't worry, we know your credit situation may not be perfect." SO you send a mailing to people that you think could qualify for the loan after entering in you SS #, routing and account number and password to my back to verify bank account and then deny the person... Seems like they just want your info for whatever reason. You dont need the bank info to run the darn credit report to be able to tell if qualified or not, that should come after. Why would someone with perfect credit apply for a high interest rate loan to begin with, so yes, people that are actually in debt and need the help they deny.

Plus it only took 2 weeks for a single response in which I was the one who reached out. Plus it puts a HARD INQUIRE on your credit report. Just another high interest rate scam company. Typical company that wants to take take take and screw the customers. PLUS I love how they respond to the complaints with, "I am so sorry for your experience blah blah blah blah." Who really cares if they apologize, fix the issue at the company so no apologies need to be made to the customers that keep your business running to begin with.

New Credit America response

We’re sorry your experience has not been to your satisfaction. We are required by law to verify all credit apps. Obtaining online banking credentials is one of the steps used to verify income. This is a standard online lending practice used only for purposes of taking a one-time, read-only snapshot of income and expenses. We take every precaution to protect all info with bank-level security. Unfortunately, not everyone qualifies for a loan, despite our best efforts to serve as many clients.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I first received a pre approved letter from NCA stating that I was eligible for a loan to take care of my debt. I thought it was a joke. I applied and then I was asked to give them 2 months worth of bank statements. That made me cautious about them. I sent it in anyway and it did take a few weeks as I was told it would. As of today they paid off 12 accounts and the day after, my credit score began rising. I thought it was a joke but it turned out to be the real thing. Thanks NCA.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I went online to apply for a personal Loan and was told they needed 2 months of bank statements. I called back and told them to cancel my application. I figured if they wanted my bank statements it was a scam.

New Credit America Company Information