3.59/5

Need a personal loan company?

New Credit America

New Credit America is a licensed consumer finance company dedicated to restoring your financial health. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, we assist consumers across all 50 states with loan products specifically tailored to their unique financial situation. We understand that “life happens,” and everyone deserves a second chance opportunity at financial freedom. We report all loan activity to the three major credit bureaus—Transunion, Experian and Equifax—improving our member’s credit profile now, not years down the road! To learn more, visit www.newcreditamerica.com

Need a personal loan company?

New Credit America Reviews

Original review: July 19, 2019

Was referred by my debt relief company when I had already settled 5 of 6 creditors, only one was outstanding. I had said I only wanted the outstanding under this program to my debt relief program and the rep for New Credit. No one said that would be a problem. Then the debt relief rep called said they had a settlement and wanted me to approve it. I said not without documentation as my experience with them had not been favorable as well.

I got the documentation and it was not just the one card but all! I called new credit and the rep tried to tell me they get everything settled at once so it stops affecting to my credit. I told her that it was only 1 card still outstanding so that did not apply to me. That’s when the other shoe fell. She said it was company policy to include everything into one loan. So the debt relief company that was to save me 25% referred me to a loan company that’s rate is 29.7% which wanted that rate applied to my 5 settled accounts and one that was outstanding. No thank you! To anyone who is thinking of using this service definitely make sure you read all the fine print, ask for documentation via email, and most importantly protect yourself as these companies have not done this for me.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Bait and Switch. So I received a pre-approved loan offer. So I decided to apply as I wanted to combined into 1 payment. My credit is fair not great but not bad. They denied the application and push you into debt settlement program. I have no need or desire for that just was looking to combine a few things into 1 payment. To have them try this was very deceiving and not reputable. Just be aware as they do a hard inquiry on your credit.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2019

So. ANCA (A New Credit America). I received a "Your Pre-Qualified" Debt Away Loan in the mail. Filled it out online, I get a hard inquiry on my credit report. They can't help with a loan, but they were willing to "Help Me" like when I signed up with their "Partner" Clear One Advantage. I told them "NO THANK YOU"! Robin Hood in reverse!!

Original review: May 23, 2019

I got my loan with New Credit America through my debt relief firm. At first, it sounded too good to be true. But I have seen that it works. All my debt was paid off and the collections calls stopped. My credit score is even improving.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I signed up for debt consolidation because my credit card payments were getting too high. I was not late or behind on my payments until signing up with New Credit America. Apparently they let it go to the point that 1 of my creditors got a judgment against me which is negatively impacting my credit. The company that got the judgement was paid off but the judgement has not been removed from my credit and when I called to ask New Credit America about this they said it's my responsibility to dispute it to have it removed from my credit but at the time I signed up I was told that they would help monitor my credit to make sure things like this did not happen so that is not true.

I was also not informed that if they make agreements with the companies to lower your debt that the company your indebtedness to can come after you at the end of the year and you have to pay it as part of your taxes so they do not help you in any way except to put you in more debt and make money off of you. I would not trust them again and I would advise you not trust them either. They are not here to help you. They are here to make money off of you.

New Credit America response

We apologize your experience with New Credit America has not been to your satisfaction. We have attempted to contact you personally to resolve this matter with you. We would appreciate an opportunity to work with you on making your experience a more positive one, so please contact us at your earliest convenience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New Credit America?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

What does PRE-QUALIFIED mean??? It means they get all your information, turn you down for the loan you were non-qualified for then offer you some crap and a debt settlement offer they have. Do not fall for this bunch of lies!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

It is funny how they state on their website "Don't worry, we know your credit situation may not be perfect." SO you send a mailing to people that you think could qualify for the loan after entering in you SS #, routing and account number and password to my back to verify bank account and then deny the person... Seems like they just want your info for whatever reason. You dont need the bank info to run the darn credit report to be able to tell if qualified or not, that should come after. Why would someone with perfect credit apply for a high interest rate loan to begin with, so yes, people that are actually in debt and need the help they deny.

Plus it only took 2 weeks for a single response in which I was the one who reached out. Plus it puts a HARD INQUIRE on your credit report. Just another high interest rate scam company. Typical company that wants to take take take and screw the customers. PLUS I love how they respond to the complaints with, "I am so sorry for your experience blah blah blah blah." Who really cares if they apologize, fix the issue at the company so no apologies need to be made to the customers that keep your business running to begin with.

New Credit America response

We’re sorry your experience has not been to your satisfaction. We are required by law to verify all credit apps. Obtaining online banking credentials is one of the steps used to verify income. This is a standard online lending practice used only for purposes of taking a one-time, read-only snapshot of income and expenses. We take every precaution to protect all info with bank-level security. Unfortunately, not everyone qualifies for a loan, despite our best efforts to serve as many clients.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I first received a pre approved letter from NCA stating that I was eligible for a loan to take care of my debt. I thought it was a joke. I applied and then I was asked to give them 2 months worth of bank statements. That made me cautious about them. I sent it in anyway and it did take a few weeks as I was told it would. As of today they paid off 12 accounts and the day after, my credit score began rising. I thought it was a joke but it turned out to be the real thing. Thanks NCA.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I went online to apply for a personal Loan and was told they needed 2 months of bank statements. I called back and told them to cancel my application. I figured if they wanted my bank statements it was a scam.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I am very pleased with the service you provided me and I would recommend your service. Your customer service is great. I was treated with respect. I am a very satisfied customer.

New Credit America Company Information