4.78/5
  • 1 star
Based on 209 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmOne has been America's premier online loan matching company since 1999. We offer a free service designed to make it easier for consumers and small business owners to obtain the best loan results possible.

Our trusted website uses innovative technology to instantly match potential borrowers with the most suitable loan programs and lenders for their current credit and financial situation, out of all the options available in their market area.

In addition, we are committed to providing the highest levels of personalized service found on any financial website. All AmOne clients receive access to their own dedicated Loan Matching Specialist, who will gladly answer any questions and provide unbiased guidance on the options presented.

By providing immediate access to the highest rated loan solutions currently available, millions of people each year are able to receive safe, reliable loan options they can count on, without having to spend hours searching for them on their own.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 12, 2017

215 AmOne Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

AmOne did a good job. I was doing a business startup, and the matching specialist was very polite and just wanted to see that I got what I needed. They were fast and matched me up so far. It was just a good experience. I'd do it again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I needed to convert a purchase money mortgage on a property to a loan and AmOne matched me appropriately to the proper lender. They were, “These lenders look for this credit score and up to this value” and there was no real other place to get that information. Once they shared that information, it was down to four lenders that I could work with. The information was presented in an easy way to make the decision as to who to proceed with. The entire process took three weeks and I went through two companies. It would have been nice to only have my credit report drawn once though without having to go through multiple loan officers from various loan companies. The reps answered 80% of my questions as the 20% were just ones that they wouldn’t have been able to answer either way.

I’m a well-qualified borrower so I wasn’t too concerned about getting qualified but was more about which lender I was gonna go with. My biggest complaint was with the company I ended up going with and how they were advertised. Everyone had been saying it was in the process and that I was going to be done in two days. But the lender had technical issues on their end with their funding program and their software because I got a couple of e-mails that said I was funded but three days later, they called back to say they needed more information. They also asked me to pull my W2s from one year four times and re-upload it which was really frustrating. There was excuse after excuse of either they were still reviewing my information or I was funded but now they had to go through 10 other steps to get my money and it was gonna take three days. But in actuality, it took a week and a half.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Working with AmOne's loan matching specialist went quickly. We had found what I was looking for so it all worked out. It was timely and a good experience overall.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I used AmOne about a month and a half ago. I was trying to get a personal loan for debt consolidation. The loan specialist was very professional and extremely courteous. It was truly enjoyable and it was a good experience. I would definitely refer AmOne.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I got a personal loan from AmOne. I wasn’t successfully matched with a lender and so I went on my own to work it out. It was a nice process though and I had a great experience with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmOne?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I was trying to borrow money to save money and I sought help from AmOne. I’ve never used their service before so the reps had to explain the process and check back and make sure I had quotes and all that, and followed through. They’re good. And then, I found a lender and got an interest rate that is lower than I expected, which is really good. That was great and that actually helped me establish a credit line with them if I need money at a really affordable rate. So I’m happy about that. And my credit is better now. My AmOne experience has been helpful. I didn’t know there were groups like them that would help people. So that was refreshing.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Using AmOne was quick and easy. I wanted to consolidate some debts, so I had a quick call with their reps, although I mostly did the process online. AmOne was so quick that they were able to match me with a lender in a 24-hour period.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I talked to an AmOne rep on the phone a week ago because I was trying to pay off my credit cards. He helped me out and he was very professional. He asked me what I needed and what best fits. The process was quick and it got me started although it would have been nice to get more to pay off more.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I was trying to get a loan to fix and pay some of my credit off. I wasn’t getting any approvals from anywhere because it was affecting my credit a little bit, so I used AmOne. The girl I spoke to really tried to help and she tried to guide me towards a few options, but at that time the options didn’t work. Then a few weeks later, I got an email and it led me to a lender that came through with the loan. It was great and it paid off a lot of my cards. By the end of September, my credit score would be about 50 points higher. It definitely helped my credit boost back up.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I was trying to get a bill consolidation loan when AmOne reached out to me to offer some different options. The representative was really knowledgeable and professional. He laid things out clearly and simply. They explained about different companies, what they do and who had better interest rates. Plus they provided me with recommendations for different lenders. They filled me in on what each lender does. Like for example, which one pays the creditors directly and which one pays you. They also enlightened me about which ones I would most likely qualify for and what might be best for what I was looking for. They have a great customer service.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I had three credit cards and I wanted to take a loan to pay those off and consolidate them so I went with AmOne's matching service. A loan matching specialist from AmOne called me. He was very helpful and followed up with me a couple of times. Their rep was very professional. I was matched with a lender within a day and I eventually got a loan. I appreciate AmOne overall.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I was trying to purchase a property and got AmOne’s service. They were helpful in giving me information and directing me in certain ways. They gave me plenty of loan options that would match my needs and I got approved by the lender they matched me with. It was a positive experience overall.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I was turned down by another lender for a personal consolidation loan. The company turned me over to AmOne who paired me up with a few different options and I took one. It was successful in terms of getting what I needed. I interacted with their loan specialist mostly through emails but I also got calls. After it was all said and done, they did a follow-up. But once I engaged the new lender, there wasn’t anything I needed AmOne to do on my behalf. I understand their business model and it was helpful to a point, and it was great. I would recommend them if I knew people who are in the same position that I was in. It was worth the try to go to them and get options.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I was trying to find the right fit for a personal loan. I talked to AmOne's specialist and he was super nice, helpful and informative. He emailed me a couple of times to check in, to see how things were going, so it was good. The whole process took about a week. It was quick and easy and it was a great experience overall.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I tried AmOne and Jonathan, the loan matching specialist, was very nice and helpful. I was concerned about the rate that I was given not being so high and he explained to me some of the ins and outs of loan consolidation. He explained how a lot of times people don't stay in that loan for very long and I can get my credit up, then apply for a different loan. The lender took quite a long time to finish up whatever they were doing with their paperwork and the entire process took over a month. But I appreciated AmOne's service and I was very happy with the help that I got from Jonathan. The experience was good, positive and very informative.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: July 21, 2017

Customer service is not all that great. The lady I was on the phone with act like she can't understand me and wanted me to send info through e-mail which I find it a red flag and it should never be done that way. I'm sure it's some kind of scam. I would not even get involved with them.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I received lots of pointless ads and notifications for various other services completely unrelated to the "loan" I was applying for. Many of the options offered were generic, and had a "paid ID" so the agents are just sharing them for profit. Worse still, many of the options offered on these sites when I looked on comparable review sites were FLAT OUT AWFUL for the CONSUMER. I'm talking endless fees, opening fees, unreachable customer service agents, endless charges, swindling at its worst. AmOne does not try these offers. AmOne agents are lining their pockets with your applications on these shared/paid links, that's literally it. Look up local lenders if you're having trouble with loans/debt. Secured loans are always in your favor (collateral).

Original review: April 25, 2016

I was quite surprised how quickly AmOne responded to my loan request. My representative was very professional and assisted me through the initial steps and provided all the necessary contact information for follow up! The customer service I received so far is 5-star!

Original review: April 21, 2016

AmOne's matching service was the best product for my needs. Although the correspondence from their matching specialist was a bit much, working with them was fine and pleasant. Plus, the process was quick.

Original review: April 19, 2016

I was searching online for a personal loan and I must have been on a certain website that prompted Dean to call me, and I'm glad he did. First, he was very professional and made me very comfortable in regard to giving out my information. He explained to me what his company does and how he can help. Long story, short... I received the loan I was looking for and I truly think I would have missed this lending institution if it wasn't for Dean's help. The company he represents is a god send. Dean... Thank you!

Original review: April 19, 2016

I was trying to do debt consolidation which led me to AmOne. The rep who called me was great, very helpful, very transparent and gave me good guidance. He helped me sort out options - all the things that we probably would’ve wanted to have. It was good. I was a little caught off guard by how long it took to fund the loan because some of the other things I was looking at said they’d turnaround in a couple days. However, it took a couple of weeks. But frankly, given the size of the loan and everything else, I thought the experience was really positive.

Original review: April 15, 2016

I got a solicitation via email, and I ended up discussing the loan with somebody from AmOne in Fort Lauderdale in South Florida. It was a good interaction, and I ended up with SoFi. My loan had gone through them. Their rep pulled it off by email and by telephone, and did a good job, even in following up with everything. However, it took about four weeks, and it could have been faster. I'm a banker, so I know how things work, and that was basically unsecured transaction. When you look at your borrower, and you have somebody with a high grade score and income, you should turn around the transaction in a week if you have everything. It took a little bit longer than what normally a bank will take or any other lending provider would do, but they dealt with the transaction, and they were good and professional.

Original review: April 13, 2016

Judson was very helpful and continued to check back with me to make sure the process was going smoothly and to contact him if the first company denied my request. Was happy that they didn't. Thanks to AmOne got me started and found a way to take a lot of stress out of my life with a approval of a loan thru a company they recommended.

Original review: April 11, 2016

I was looking for a loan for home improvement. AmOne's representative was a gentleman and able to help me. It took a bit longer than I thought, but they were the ones that offered me the best rate.

Original review: April 11, 2016

Dean ** was very helpful in getting our application process started and placing us with a good lender.

Original review: April 8, 2016

I needed to resolve a credit card debt so I went to AmOne's website just to see. They've pointed me towards a company that would help me consolidate my debts, which made it a whole lot easier for me. The guy from AmOne I spoke to one time was very attentive, knowledgeable, and pointed me towards the right direction as to who to go to and speak with. The process was perfectly fine and I'd recommend them. However, I wish the process of obtaining the loan with the lender I'm dealing with would have been a little bit quicker.

Original review: April 5, 2016

Carlos was a great help in providing me with a personal loan.

Original review: April 5, 2016

Judson was very prompt in replying to my concerns and wrote me emails telling me about various websites to file my application for loan. Great job Judson. Highly recommended.

Original review: April 4, 2016

I wanted to get some personal loan. I got with AmOne's matching service and Dirk who was my matching specialist was very good. He was always on top of my request. He was also familiar at emails about new lenders and it was helpful. I was able to get a loan from the list of providers that he gave me.

Original review: April 1, 2016

Great service! Dean ** rocks.

AmOne questions and answers

What problem is AmOne trying to solve?
We match people with loan and financial options that are best suited for their situation, which saves them time and helps them get a better result than searching on their own.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
We have state-of-the-art loan matching technology with expanded search capabilities that does a better job of helping consumers and small business owners find the most suitable loan or financial options for their current situation. In addition, we provide each AmOne client with their own dedicated loan matching specialist to answer questions about the solutions and providers identified, so they better understand the options available to them.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
AmOne helps individuals and small business owners save time and money, and gain peace of mind, by enabling them to more easily find and connect with the most beneficial financial solutions available for their situation at any point in time.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about your company?
Because we offer such a valuable service, some people might perceive there is a cost associated in working with AmOne; however, we are always a 100% free service to anyone that uses our website.
How does your company measure success?
By the amount of people each day we are able to successfully match with their ideal loan or other financial solution in the most efficient manner possible.
What are your company values?
We strive to provide a better result than someone could get themselves without using our free service, we are friendly and helpful, we are fast and efficient, we are knowledgeable, we are trustworthy, and we are caring.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about AmOne?
Every client of AmOne is assigned their own dedicated loan matching expert who will help them understand the options available to them, so they can get the best result possible. While many of our competitors only offer online assistance, this free live assistance we offer everyone is highly valuable, and something we’d like all our clients to utilize and benefit from.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
AmOne is a 2015 Best Places to Work recipient.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
After the financial crisis in 2008 many people felt that banks, lenders, and financial providers could not be trusted. While this is true in some instances, there are many great lenders and financial providers in this country that truly care about the best interests of their customers. It’s AmOne’s mission to help borrowers connect with these fine institutions and avoid the pitfalls associated with choosing the wrong options.
What is the greatest obstacle your company is currently trying to overcome?
Continuing to educate America’s consumers and small business owners with the knowledge that there are plenty of lenders and financial providers they can trust as long as they choose the right ones to work with that are best for their unique situation.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
There has been boom in new lenders since credit froze in 2008-2009, and many of those lenders are niche lenders that a consumer would have a hard time finding on their own.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
More use of technology to make the lending process even more streamlined and primarily done online.
How has your company grown or evolved?
Our loan matching technology continues to improve, and the number of quality financial solutions and providers in our network continues to grow, leading to better results for our clients.
How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?
We will be bringing our expanded search and loan matching capabilities to new financial areas beyond lending.
Where do great ideas come from in your organization?
From every level - from the front line loan matching specialists who talk to thousands of borrowers a week to customer service agents to middle and executive management – we foster an environment where ideas are always welcomed from any corner.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
Use AmOne’s free service to get matched to your best loan options the next time you are in the market for a loan – there is no obligation, so it costs you nothing to find your best options, and we believe you too will see the value we provide vs. what you can do on your own.

AmOne Company Information