This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Upgrade is an online and mobile banking solution that offers personal loans and credit cards. With Upgrade, customers can combine online and mobile banking with affordable loans and cards, free credit monitoring, alerts and credit education tools for ultimate support. The fully online service offers fast transactions, simple approval and easy banking.
- Fast approvals
- $35,000 maximum
- No prepayment penalty
- Multiple options
- $10 late fee
- High origination fee
Upgrade has high maximum amounts and multiple personal loan options to fit most borrowers' needs. Although its fees are higher than some competitors, there are no prepayment penalties.
How does Upgrade Loans work?
Upgrade caters to customers who need support with building credit and offers different options for personal loans. Its loans can be used for purposes such as home improvement, major purchases and debt consolidation.
You can apply online, choose your loan type and amount (up to $35,000) and receive funds within days of being approved. There are no prepayment penalties, and low rates are available for qualifying customers.
Upgrade Loan interest rates
Upgrade’s personal loans typically have annual percentage rates (APRs) between 7.99% and 35.97%. The lowest rates require autopay and direct payment. Rates vary based on your credit score, your credit usage history, the loan term and other factors.
For example, a $10,000 loan with a 36-month term and a 17.98% APR (14.32% yearly interest rate plus a 5% origination fee) provides $9,500 after fees and requires a monthly payment of $343.33. In addition to the APR, Upgrade also charges an origination fee between 2.9% to 8%. Late fees start at $10.
- How long does it take for Upgrade to approve a loan?
- It usually takes between two to five business days for Upgrade to approve and fund a loan. After approval and verification, the lender sends funds within one business day.
- Does Upgrade do a hard credit pull?
- If you decide to move forward with a loan, Upgrade does a hard credit check. You can check your rates through Upgrade without a hard credit pull.
- What credit bureau does Upgrade use?
- Upgrade checks applicants’ FICO 9 credit scores. The lender also looks at credit usage and history to determine qualification.
- Where can I use Upgrade’s card?
- You can use the Upgrade card everywhere that Visa credit cards are accepted, except ATMs.
Is Upgrade loans legit?
Upgrade is a good loan company for those who prefer simplicity and flexibility. Upgrade offers loans up to $35,000, which is more than some competitors. The company also has APRs starting at 7.99%. While origination fees are fairly high, costs may balance out for some customers due to the lack of prepayment penalties and lower rates.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,304,235 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I have "autopay" OFF in my account, I have screenshots. And I had called this credit card company 2 months prior to turn it off, they confirmed it, I confirmed it. I made a 10 day prior to 'monthly due date', and they took their monthly payment 4 days after. A debit/payment they were not authorized to take, as autopay was off! They actually stole the un-designated-autopay, from me. If any of other vendors with my bank account access did this, well. They did. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY, THEY WILL STEAL FROM YOU.
Upgrade Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.