2. Finance
  3. Personal Loans

LightStream

LightStream is an online lender that helps people obtain funds for major purchases, home remodeling and debt consolidation. It offers competitive fixed rates on loans, and there are no fees or penalties for early payments. LightStream is a division of Truist, a bank formed by the merger of SunTrust Bank and BB&T.

BOTTOM LINE

LightStream is an online lender that offers competitive loan packages that range from $5,000 to $100,000. Borrowers can apply online for a fast credit decision. The company guarantees borrower satisfaction.

PROS

• Easy online application
  • Competitive rate matching
  • $100 Loan Experience Guarantee

CONS

• $5,000 minimum
  • Unclear credit requirements

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

What is LightStream?

LightStream is an online lender that offers personal loans. It has competitive rates on loans up to $100,000, rate matching and a satisfaction guarantee on your lending experience. Its personal loans can be used to fund auto purchases, residential solar energy systems, home remodeling and improvements, debt consolidation and medical expenses. Borrowers can apply online or over the phone, and LightStream has same-day funding for some applications.

How does LightStream work?

LightStream’s loan application and funding process are completed online. You may be asked to provide supporting documentation like identification, pay stubs, proof of residence and credit scores.

LightStream doesn’t disclose credit score or income requirements for personal loans. The company states it approves borrowers with a stable credit history, reliable income and a track record of on-time payments.

Once your application is complete, LightStream will review your information and typically make a funding decision within a few hours. Same-day funding is available for applications approved by 2:30 p.m. ET.

LightStream rates

LightStream offers loans from $5,000 to $100,000 with terms ranging from 24 to 144 months. As of publishing, interest rates range from 3.49% to 19.99%, depending on your credit history and the loan details.

LightStream claims it will beat any rate from a competing lender by 0.1% if you were approved for the same loan terms. If you aren’t satisfied with the lending experience, LightStream sends you $100 as a part of its Loan Experience Guarantee.

LightStream FAQ

Is it hard to get approved by LightStream?
Loan approval chances depend on your credit history. You may qualify if you have several years of credit history with on-time payments and a stable income.
Is LightStream a good lender?
LightStream’s rates and loan packages are competitive with other top online lenders.
Does LightStream verify income?
You may be required to upload verification of your income during the LightStream application process. This might include pay stubs, bank statements or tax returns. Applicants may also be required to provide proof of identity or residence.
Can I pay off my LightStream loan early?
Yes, you can pay off a LightStream loan early. There are no early repayment penalties or fees.

Is LightStream legit?

LightStream is a reputable online lender that offers competitive interest rates and an easy application process. While it doesn’t disclose credit requirements, many employed borrowers with good credit scores have a chance of approval. Loans amounts start at $5,000, and the company has fast approval times and same-day funding for select loans.

LightStream Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightStream?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightStream?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Lightstream could not be any more user friendly and customer driven! They plant a tree for every loan! They offer lots of repayment options and allow you to change payment time and amount whenever you need to make it more convenient.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I wanted to get my loan as quickly as possible and I communicated that to my loan agent. He was prompt in his responses to my questions and was always respectful. The company was organized and had a good website for facilitating document scanning and communications. When it was time for them to make their final evaluations of my documents, I was given a date when I could expect a decision. The decision was prompt, and the funding was wired to my account exactly when I had been told to expect it. I would rate LightStream 5/5 for their commitment to their client, the competence displayed in their organization, and their reliability. They exceeded my expectations and I would not hesitate to recommend them to others.

Get buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Wow, I have FICO score is 806... with the three scores being 806, 825, 821 and I STILL DIDN'T Qualify for the lowest APR... this is absolutely ridiculous. I decline their offer and am taking my business elsewhere. Absolutely crazy. Stay away because it seems that it simply doesn't matter what your credit is. Shameful.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Looked up on Lending Tree Saturday morning. Was speaking to LightStream Sunday afternoon. The funds were in my account by Wednesday morning. They offered me a low rate with a reasonable monthly payment and were able to stretch it out for longer than most other banks we looked into. FYI - they do look at all on your credit report, even if it should be gone because it’s been 10 years and your score is high now. They are looking to make sure nothing has been paid late for 5+ years! Website was so simple to upload documents to, very simple process.

LightStream Company Information