Find the Best Payday and Title Loan Companies
Compare Reviews for Top Payday and Title Loan Companies
Read 2,357 Reviews
Consumers can get approved for car and motorcycle title loans up to $10,000 in about 30 minutes with no prepayment penalty. The company has been in business 15 years, has over 1,000 locations and offers competitive interest rates.
Read 1,822 Reviews
Obtain payday and title loans with maximum amounts that vary by state. Payday loans range from $255-$2,500 and title loans range from $300-$25,000. Check cashing and money orders also available.
|TMG Loan Processing|
Read 83 Reviews
Apply online or by phone for an auto title loan. Max amounts vary by individual and vehicle equity, but could be up to $50,000. Same-day approval possible with funds available the next business day. Also offers business loans.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (855) 263-5544|
Read 3,498 Reviews
Provides payday loans up to $1,800, which customers can receive the next business day. They also offer brokered installment loans up to $2,400, a savings program and access to free financial tools.
Read 581 Reviews
Provides auto title loans with max amounts that vary by state, vehicle value and ability to repay. Also offers an Emergency Cash option with your auto title of up to $2,500, which is typically available in 24 hours or less.
|Silver Cloud Financial|
Read 270 Reviews
This company offers tribal loans for people who need access to a short-term loan due to an emergency or financial hardship. Loans range from $300-$1,000. Apply online and get your funds the next business day.
|Check Into Cash|
Read 2,065 Reviews
Lender with 25 years in business offers payday loans up to $1,000 and title loans up to $25,000 with easy application process. Consumers can get funds the next business day. Installment loans and lines of credit also available.
Read 182 Reviews
Offers title loans with max amounts that vary by state and vehicle make, model, year, and mileage. Max 30% APR. Find fast pre-qualification, same-day approval and easy online and mobile access. Also find prepaid cards here.
|Fast Access Finance|
Read 6 Reviews
Offers borrowers in Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta, Canada vehicle title loans of up to $10,000 CAD. Applications can be done online with approval within 24 hours and funds available within two business days.
Read 39 Reviews
Online loan marketplace. Offers payday, installment and bad-credit loans. Easy online application takes five minutes. Free to use. Get paired with lenders that meet your criteria.
Title Loans vs. Payday Loans: Which is right for you?
Both payday loans and title loans can offer a temporary solution to an urgent financial need. Payday loans are unsecured debt, typically for amounts of $350 to $500. Title loans go as high as $10,000 or more and must be secured by a vehicle.
- Title loans: Title loans are secured by your car title. The lender puts a lien on your car in exchange for the loan. With a typical title loan, borrowers pay off the entire loan, interest and any fees within a specified amount of time, usually 30 days.
- Interest-only payment title loans: These loans work similarly to traditional title loans, but their repayment strategy is different. With interest-only payments, borrowers first pay off the amount of interest on the loan. They are then required to pay off the amount of the loan in full. Interest-only title loans usually last for a longer period of time than traditional title loans. Be careful with this type of loan, as you may end up paying more than you actually borrowed and still not pay off the loan.
- Payday loans: Payday loans are priced at a fixed dollar fee, which represents the finance charge the borrower will pay. They are meant to be a short-term solution to help consumers get a quick and easy cash advance that they can repay when they get their next paycheck.
When deciding between a payday loan and a title loan, keep in mind that both come with high interest rates and fees. Both also come with significant consequences for failure to repay. Defaulting on a payday loan can result in a lawsuit and wage garnishment, and defaulting on a title loan can result in repossession of the debtor’s vehicle.
|Payday Loans||Car Title Loans|
|Type of debt||Unsecured||Secured with vehicle|
|Average loan amount||$350–$500||$1,000+|
|Fees||$15–$30 per $100 borrowed||Varies by lender|
|Repayment timeline||1–2 weeks||30 days|
|Common interest rate*||400% APR||300% APR|
|Extended repayment options||Loan can be rolled over to an additional period for a fine||Not usually available|
|Default consequences||Account sold to collectors, civil lawsuit, wage garnishment||Vehicle repossession|
*Interest rates vary based on state laws. Many states have maximum rates lenders are allowed to charge.
Considerations when choosing a payday lender
You’ll need proof of income and residency to qualify for a payday or title loan.
One benefit of getting a payday or title loan is that you don’t need to have good credit. There are, however, some standard requirements you must meet in order to qualify for a payday loan including a steady income and proof of address.
For a title loan, you’ll need to provide a clear title in your name. If you’ve ever had a lien on your vehicle, a lien release may be required with the title to process the loan.
Lending companies often charge people who take out a payday or title loan additional fees for the loan, which can add up quickly. It’s important to read all the fine print before deciding which payday or title lender to use. Get multiple quotes before deciding on a lending firm, and ask what additional fees you will be expected to pay.
- Processing and document fees: Lenders often charge borrowers fees for the paperwork required to get the title or payday loan.
- Late fees: Lenders frequently charge borrowers a late fee if repayments are late or documents aren’t exchanged on time. Make sure to find out what late fees are and on what date your payment will be considered late.
- Lien fees: Many lenders charge fees for processing and placing a lien on a car owner’s car. Some lenders only offer lien-free title loans.
- Finance fees: Payday lenders charge a finance fee upfront, which you include on your post-dated check. If you roll your loan over for an extended period, you will be charged this initial finance fee plus an additional finance fee. The fee will continue to grow until you finally pay off the full amount of the loan.
- Interest rates: Interest rates for payday loans can be as high as 400 percent APR and 300 percent APR for title loans. Lenders are required to tell borrowers the exact APR being charged to the loan before the borrower agrees to the terms of the loan.
Maximum loan amount
Title and payday loans are a quick way to get money, but the amount of money a borrower can access is usually very limited. Lenders often have a strict cap on the amount of money they will lend for both types of loans.
- 50 percent of car value: While the maximum loan amount varies, the amount a person can receive for a title loan is never more than half of their car’s value.
- One paycheck: Payday loans can be for any amount, but they are traditionally only written in the amount of one full paycheck (or less) so borrowers will have the money in their account when their check is cashed.
Length of loan
Title and payday loans are short-term loans, meaning borrowers get money fast but also have to pay back the amount they owe with interest in a limited amount of time. The length of time a borrower has to pay back their loan varies from lender to lender, but there are some industry standards.
- Title loan: A common amount of time allowed for title loan repayment is 30 days. Some lenders will give borrowers a longer time to repay their title loan. Often, these repayments are structured as interest-only payments.
- Payday loans: Payday loans are only for one pay period. You will set up this timetable with your lender, and they will cash your check after you get your next paycheck.
Payday loans questions
- Can you go to jail for not paying back a payday loan?
- No, you won’t go to jail for defaulting on a payday loan. Debt collection is a civil matter, not a criminal one, and it’s illegal for lenders to threaten borrowers with arrest or jail. However, if you’re sued for not paying back your loan and ignore a court order to appear, the judge can issue a warrant for your arrest.
If you can’t pay back your loan in full, work with your lender by offering to pay a percentage of what you owe to settle your debt.
- Can you get payday loans online?
- There are a lot of online payday loan companies that can get you the funds you need in less than a day. You can compare payday loan companies and read consumer reviews at the top of this page.
- How much will a title loan give me?
- The amount of money you can get from a title loan depends on:
- The value of your car
- Your state of residency
Most lenders won’t give you the full value of your vehicle, but you can expect to receive around 25% - 50% of your car’s value. Be aware that title loans have a short turnaround time, so only borrow what you’ll be able to pay back.
- How do I know if a loan company is legitimate?
- Here are a few ways to ensure that your loan company is authentic:
- There’s no upfront loan payment required
- They have positive consumer reviews
- They’re in good standing with the Better Business Bureau
- What are some alternatives to payday loans?
- If a payday loan isn’t right for you, check out these loan alternatives.
- Are there any guaranteed payday loans?
- Some payday loan companies promise guaranteed loans for people with bad credit history, but these loans are often accompanied by high interest rates and fees. If you need cash but your credit is less than ideal, check out these loan alternatives.
Who are the best payday loan companies near me?
If you need cash quickly, it's a good idea to work with a local company. We compared payday loan companies across the country to help you find lenders in your city.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Compare Reviews for Top Payday and Title Loan Companies
|Approved Cash Advance|
Read 15 Reviews
Offers payday and title loans with immediate access to cash in store locations in Alabama, Michigan, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina and Virginia. Payday loans range $50-$500. Title loans range $100-$5,000.
Read 81 Reviews
Offers flex and installment loans. No collateral necessary. High-interest rates and APRs. Apply and get approved for funds online. Only available in certain states.
Read 10 Reviews
Easy online and mobile process. Payday loans up to $500 for first time borrowers and up to $1,000 for repeat customers. Cash advances available in as little as one hour (next business day for weekend transactions).
|Allied Cash Advance|
Read 50 Reviews
Get payday advances in-store or with an online application in 5 states. Max loan amounts vary by state and range from $50-$1,500. Get instant access to funds in-store or next business day with online approval.
Read 21 Reviews
Supplies cash advances via installment loans up to $4,000 in 12 states, either online or in-store. Max amount varies by state. The money is deposited through a secure transfer, usually within 24 hours.
Read 94 Reviews
Offers paperless application process available 24/7 online for payday advances between $100 and $5,000. Funds may be available as soon as the next business day.
|Ace Cash Express|
Read 405 Reviews
Payday loans in 8 states with max loan amounts $255-$1,500 and title loans in 7 states with max amounts $200-$5,000. Get cash instantly in-store or overnight with online applications. Offers 72-hour guarantee.
|Check n' Go|
Read 204 Reviews
Supplies payday loans and installment loans in 17 states that are typically available the next business day. Max payday loan amounts vary by state and range from $50-$1,500.
|Advance America Cash Advance|
Read 348 Reviews
Supplies both payday and title loans online or at over 2,000 store locations. Amounts vary by state and vehicle specifics. Max payday loans range $100-$1,100 and max title loans range $300-$10,000.
|One Click Cash|
Read 243 Reviews
Customers can get access to cash advances via short term loans with an easy online application available at any time. Applications approved before 2:30 pm CMT will receive the funds the following business day.
Read 88 Reviews
Offers in-store payday loans in 10 states and online loans in Hawaii, California, Louisiana and Kansas. Max loan amounts range from $255-$700 depending on the state. Approved in-store applicants can get funds within one hour.
|PLS Payday Loan Store|
Read 95 Reviews
This company no longer services loans. They offer other services, including check cashing, money order, bill pay and prepaid cards and phones.
|Cash Advance USA|
Read 260 Reviews
Get payday loans up to $2,500 with an approved online application. Offers instant approval and fast cash options with no credit check required. Free financial education also available on the company’s website.
Read 208 Reviews
Connects loan seekers with lenders offering payday advances up to $1,000. Apply using a secure online process. Funds are typically available the next business day. Free financial education is also available on the website.
|California Check Cashing Stores|
Read 23 Reviews
Loan products and max amounts vary by state. Choose your state to see whether payday or title loans or both are available. Over 500 locations available nationwide with online applications accepted in some states.
|Broad Street Auto Loans|
Read 16 Reviews
Serves California residents with auto title loans with max amounts based on applicant and vehicle specifics. Offers fast, easy online application process, and if approved customers may have funds within hours.
Read 25 Reviews
Apply online for payday advances between $200 and $700 for first time customers. Repeat customers may be eligible for advances up to $1,000. Applications approved by 6:00pm EST receive funds the following business day.
Read 23 Reviews
Provides short term loans with flexible repayment terms and an easy online process. Individual applicant factors determine max loan amounts. Customers approved before 2:30pm CST, will have the money the next business day.
|Amscot - The Money Superstore||Read 34 Reviews|
Find simple payday loans up to $500 with no credit check and possible same-day funds access. Other services include check cashing, prepaid MasterCards, bill pay services, free money orders and a free budgeting guide.
|MoneyLend.net||Read Author Review|
Refers borrowers to providers for payday loans and lets you compare different options at a glance. Loan amounts vary by state and applicant credit score. Can also connect customers with lenders for business loans and more.
|Instant Cash USA|
Read 92 Reviews
|Out Of Business|
This company has gone out of business.
|Cash Direct Express|
Read 64 Reviews
|Out Of Business|
This company has gone out of business.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for informational purposes only; it is not legal, health, investment or tax advice. ConsumerAffairs.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.