Find the Best Payday Loans in Austin, TX
Top 12 Austin Payday Loan Companies
|Speedy Cash||Read 1,824 Reviews|
Obtain payday and title loans with maximum amounts that vary by state. Payday loans range from $255-$2,500 and title loans range from $300-$25,000. Check cashing and money orders also available.
Read 3,529 Reviews
Online lender offering payday loans, installment loans, and line of credit products. Can lend up to $800 with loan terms anywhere between 8 and 31 days. Borrowers apply online and receive an instant lending decision.
|Silver Cloud Financial|
Read 270 Reviews
This company offers tribal loans for people who need access to a short-term loan due to an emergency or financial hardship. Loans range from $300-$1,000. Apply online and get your funds the next business day.
|Check Into Cash|
Read 2,065 Reviews
Lender with 25 years in business offers payday loans up to $1,000 and title loans up to $25,000 with easy application process. Consumers can get funds the next business day. Installment loans and lines of credit also available.
|Advance America Cash Advance|
Read 349 Reviews
Supplies both payday and title loans online or at over 2,000 store locations. Amounts vary by state and vehicle specifics. Max payday loans range $100-$1,100 and max title loans range $300-$10,000.
|Check n' Go|
Read 204 Reviews
Supplies payday loans and installment loans in 17 states that are typically available the next business day. Max payday loan amounts vary by state and range from $50-$1,500.
|Ace Cash Express|
Read 405 Reviews
Payday loans in 8 states with max loan amounts $255-$1,500 and title loans in 7 states with max amounts $200-$5,000. Get cash instantly in-store or overnight with online applications. Offers 72-hour guarantee.
|Cash Store Austin||Read Author Review|
Provides same-day installment loans up to $3,000. Approves 90% of applicants. Schedules biweekly and monthly payment due dates based on how often you receive a paycheck. New customer offer and referral program.
|CashMax Austin||Read Author Review|
Approves payday loans in 15 to 30 minutes and gives same-day cash. Lets customers get started with an online application. Guarantees 100% confidentiality. Posts Texas customer testimonials on website.
|Payment 1 Financial Group||Read Author Review|
Provides installment loans from $500 to $5,000. Schedules payments around your paycheck dates. Completes loans in as little as 30 minutes. Sends text payment reminders and offers automatic payment options.
|People’s Finance Co.||Read Author Review|
Offers same-day installment loans of up to $1,300. Assists customers with all credit backgrounds. Gives borrowers three ways to make payments. Pays customers $20 for referrals.
|Texas Car Title and Payday Loan Services Inc. Austin||Read Author Review|
Offers payday loans from $100 to $1,200. Distributes cash the same day. Approves borrowers in as little as 30 minutes over the phone or in store. Doesn’t consider credit history, including bankruptcy. Live chat on website.
More than 27,000 people in Greater Austin — including Travis, Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays and Williamson counties — took out payday loans in 2018, according to the Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner. These loans include single-payment payday loans, which are paid back in two weeks to one month, and installment-payment payday loans, which are paid back over months.
Payday loan regulations in Austin, TX
In Texas, borrowers get payday loans through credit access businesses that act as brokers between consumers and third-party lenders. Credit access businesses must be licensed by the state, and, if operating in Austin, registered with the city.
Payday loans in Austin are subject to the following laws:
- The loan amount can’t be more than 20% of the borrower’s gross monthly income
- An installment payday loan must be paid back in no more than four equal installments and can’t be refinanced or renewed
- Single-payment payday loans can’t be renewed more than three times
Credit access businesses in Texas have no limits on the fees they can charge. As a result, the annual percentage rate (APR) of a payday loan in Austin typically ranges between 450% and 700%.
The table below gives an example of the costs of a 14-day payday loan in Austin.
|Loan amount||Lender interest||Credit access business fee||APR|
What is required to get a payday loan in Austin?
Application requirements for payday loans in Austin vary by lender. Before applying, you should have these items ready:
- A valid, state-issued ID
- Your Social Security number
- A blank check for in-store payday loans or checking account information for online payday loans or electronic debit
- Your phone number
- Proof of income (e.g., pay stub, bank statement, tax return, signed letter from employer)
You do not need good credit to qualify for a payday loan in Austin, so don’t be discouraged from applying because of a history of late payments, unpaid debt or bankruptcy.
Some Texas payday lenders allow you to apply for a payday loan online or over the phone and receive your funds and pay them back electronically. Other lenders require you to go to a physical store to pick up the cash. Generally, the fastest way to get a payday loan in Austin is to complete the entire process at a brick-and-mortar location of a company like Speedy Cash or find a business that offers same-day, online payday loans, such as CashNetUSA.
Austin payday loan FAQ
- How do I get a signature loan in Austin?
- A signature loan in Austin typically requires a better credit history than a payday loan. You can apply for a signature loan, which is a type of unsecured personal loan, at a bank, credit union, online lender or at some businesses offering payday loans.
- What kind of Austin loan can I get with bad credit?
- In addition to payday loans, Austin residents with bad credit can qualify for title loans and installment loans. Some businesses offer payday loans with no credit check at all.
- What are some payday loan alternatives in Austin?
- Because of the high cost of payday loans in Austin, it’s smart to first consider alternatives, including borrowing from a friend or family member, applying for a loan at a bank or credit union or asking creditors for more time to pay bills. If you’re having trouble with your finances and would like financial education or coaching, check out this list of resources from the city of Austin.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Austin payday loan company information
Payment 1 Financial Group offers installment loans from $500 to $5,000 with flexible payment options and competitive rates. Customers need a valid ID, a Social Security number, proof of address, proof of income and five references. Use the online application tool to find out how much money you qualify for. Payment 1 Financial Group completes loans in as little as 30 minutes.
- Address: 5717 S. I-35, Ste. B150, Austin, TX 78744; Multiple locations
- Phone: (512) 992-1611
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: payment1.com
With CashMax, you can be approved for a payday loan in as little as 15 minutes. To qualify, you need to be 18, have a checking account and have a steady income. Start your application with CashMax by filling out a secure and private online form. CashMax promises friendly, hassle-free, no-pressure service.
- Address: 207A N. Highway 183, Leander, TX 78641
- Phone: (512) 259-1818
- Hours: M - F: 10am - 6pm
- Website: cashmaxtexas.com
Texas Car Title and Payday Loan Services Inc. offers payday loans of up to $1,200. Get approved in as little as 30 minutes over the phone or at a store in Cedar Park, Georgetown, Taylor or San Marcos. Applicants need a state-issued ID, a blank check from an active checking account and a recent pay stub. Credit issues don’t affect your ability to get a payday loan with Texas Car Title and Payday Loan Services Inc.
- Address: 100 S. Bell Blvd., Cedar Park, TX 78613
- Phone: (512) 219-9559
- Hours: M, F: 10am - 7pm; T - Th: 10am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 4pm
- Website: texascartitleandpaydayloanservicesinc.com
Cash Store has been providing emergency loans for more than 20 years. Customers in Austin can apply for same-day installment loans of up to $3,000 with biweekly or monthly payment options. Start an application online using Cash Store’s secure form, then bring your documents to any Austin location to pick up your cash. Check the website for a new-customer coupon and details about the company’s referral program.
- Address: 2793 E. Seventh St., Austin, TX 78702; Multiple locations
- Phone: (512) 477-9990
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 9am - 3pm
- Website: cashstore.com
People’s Finance Co. has been in business since 2007 and offers same-day installment loans of up to $1,300. Customers receive text alerts before due dates and can make payments by visiting or calling a branch or mailing a check or money order. People’s Finance Co. works with Austin residents with all credit backgrounds. Call, visit or fill out a form online to start your application.
- Address: 201 Childers Drive, Ste. 107, Bastrop, TX 78602
- Phone: (512) 332-0808
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: mypeoplesfinance.com