Cash Advance USA

Compare Payday & Title Loan Companies

Research top Payday & Title Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I kept getting text messages, no legit phone calls, just texts. Now today they're threatening to take me to court, tell my employer etc for a $300 loan. Told them they can tell whoever, garnish my wages (I'm retired) etc., This was in an email they sent today 9/13/17. Now my loan is close to $1K due to interest etc. I just laughed. I don't take LOANS out for $300. I either write a check or use credit card. They want me to settle today for the $300. I'll never settle. Told them I'll have my lawyers ready also. I dont know who Cash Advance USA is anyway, let alone loan from them. Then I googled all this - it's a SCAM!! Must be bunch of out of work "lawyers" that are trying to scam people & scare them. I told them to bring it on, I'm ready! Ridiculous - get a real job!

I was offer a loan in a text message and since my credit is bad. I call the number, I notice the heavy accent. But I continue talking. They knew so much about me (phone number, social security, bank routing and checking account). I continue talking. I wanted $2000 he said "No you can have $9000." I decline but he said my funds would be deposited a few hours later after they confirm my account. I immediately took the money out of my account. He calls me 1 hour later and demands my online banking user name!!! I told him I don't have one. So he demands my bank card number!!! I said "No way I would not give you that ever." So I wanted to see how far he would go and he say: "How can you be so stupid not to agree with us so you can get $5000 in your account?" So after that I say "Forget it" and I hanged up.

I just received an email stating that I took out a loan for 300.00. Asked them what the account number was and if I could have a copy of the agreement and they said no that this was going to court. I asked for the case number. They gave me a fake number.

Cash Advance America called me up and said I was approved for a loan. I said "ok." First they asked me for my checking, Routing numbers name of bank then asked if I had online Mobile banking. Stupid me. I gave them all the information and to get to the point they deposited counterfeit check into my account and the bank closed my Account. Now what can I do? Please help.

Got a call today, 312-248-2234, and answered to hear that I was preapproved for a thousand dollars loan, and just call them back at same phone number. I called back, they answered Cash Advance. I asked "Do you have a web site?" I like to see how professional or cheesy a site is, as a place to start, in looking at a company. If their site is not professional, then neither are they! I even look for typos. Well, the guy just hung up on me. So I started researching (yes, I can use a grand or two this month), and found all of these reviews.

Thanks to all of you for sharing. They are, as I suspected, scammers. I feel bad for people who gave them money, or got bankrupted by them. I have an account on the Do Not Call Registry on the FTC web site, and I will be filing a complaint against this very dangerous company today. Yes, the caller had what sounds like Indian/Pakistani kind of accent. And folks, just know, they can call from anywhere in the world and make it look like they are inside the USA with bogus numbers. It's why they are so cocky and seem fearless. Our money could be supporting more than just criminal phone calls.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cash Advance USA?

I received an email from someone saying I owe $300 but it has been moved up to $885 and they will be taking me to court and freezing my accounts, garnishing my wages. So I ask them to send the account number and when this was done no response. I have even ask for their phone number. All they keep saying is this is the final notice and how am I willing to settle. OKAY so I can't have your number. First of all why are we WRITING back and forth through emails.

I just got an email claiming that I had to get in touch with this company because of a $300 cash advance, and now owe $885.59. They claim to be taking legal action. I never heard of them and I have no idea who these people are. There is also no phone number on the email. I'm positive this is a scam and I think they are probably another out of the country scamming outfit.

Today I received an email stating I owe them money and as of today it was turned over to the courts. I have never borrowed from Cash Advance USA. You cannot get in touch with them in order to figure out if it's a scam or what.

I had received automated calls from this company 3-4 days in a row. I wanted to consolidate my credit cards. I decided to call back but every time I called, I would get a recording that the person I was trying to reach was not able to receive calls and to try later. Right then and there I thought... hmmm, this has got to be a scam. The following week, I received another call, I too, spoke with a woman with a very thick accent not to mention there was so much noise in the background, it was even more harder to hear her. Nevertheless, we began the loan process, until we got to the point she requested my username & password for my checking account. Do I really look like boo boo the clown. What legitimate company will ask for that info. When I asked her why she needed that info, she replied, they need to access the account to make sure it's my account. I told her she is a liar, accessing my account does not prove that it's my account.

I then told her to remove my number from their calling list. She said they would but lo and behold, I received another automated call again today. It's ashamed how companies like this one is out here scamming & preying on folks like this. People are trying to get loans to consolidate or whatever. Why in the world does these companies think folks have money to send them for a loan. REALLY!!! Anyone that reads this review, I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU DO NOT OBTAIN A LOAN FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

So I have been constantly getting these silly emails from Cash Advance USA, I have no idea whom they are. Never took out a loan from any of these institutions. But I like messing with them when I do get them. Easiest way to figure out it is a scam, promptly ask them, "How can I send you the money so I can clear my name today?" They will come back with a stupid email saying if you pay '**' amount they will call it paid in full. I then ask them again, "How can I send the money right now to take advantage of this great settlement amount?" Their response would be something like what I received from them again. Stupid scam.

I was desperate money. I had applied for a short term loan. They called and asked me what I wanted. I said 2000.00 and they said they would give me 10000.00 something. I was like ok. I went to my bank and there was no deposit from anyone except for my wife's check. They emailed me saying that they're going to make it so I can't get a job. My account will be frozen etc. I contacted the FBI and sent them the email I received from them. So if they are reading this and I hope they are but the FBI is coming. Run and hide.

I do not owe these people. They go to class reunion.com or life.com, get your information and they act like you have a had a loan. I have not had a loan in 20 years, they can keep it up and I will sue for harassment. I am tired of these people trying to scam me. There is definitely something needs to be done about them. I had one removed from my credit report. They need to quit prying on people. Something needs to be done.

I just had a wonderful time jerking these people off. They've been robocalling me a couple of times a day for some weeks, so I finally decided to call back and really piss them off. No legitimate company calls you to offer you a loan - you have to call them and actually apply. Anyway, these jerkoffs kept hanging up on me so I kept calling back - 15 times before they finally blocked my number. I then used another phone to call again and pretend like I really wanted a loan.

I told the guy I wanted $20,000 and he asked how much I made before taxes each month, so I told him maybe $300. He then wanted to know how I thought I would get a loan with only making that much a month. I replied that since they had called me, they obviously already knew how much I made and yet still offered me a loan. He then said I could have $2000 and wanted to know my bank routing number. I gave him the number of an old account that has been closed for some time, and he really got pissed. He eventually hung up on me too. I only wish I could have recorded this for YouTube.

A woman named Amy ** emailed and sent me a text that I was approved for $4000. Now I didn't need that much, but I called. Amy had a thick accent like from India. After straining to understand her she said it would be $250 per month. Not too bad I told her. But the catch... She wanted me to send them money first then they would deposit my money. What? She called it "insurance". I told her no and not to ever contact me again. Be aware of this company.

It's a ponzi scam. They make you trust them and then that's when you get scammed. I have police report on them and may go to the FBI. They want you to go get Green Dot cards, load them up and then they put money in your account and take it out. They have what is called burn phones, non traceable phones. Once they are used them up they get another number and try to sucker someone else.

I almost got scammed by them. No company will ask you for your user and password to your account. When giving you a loan. No loan company will ask you on good faith send them money when offering you a loan. Regardless of the amount. The 5000.00 or 10000 is nothing more than a scam to overdraw your bank account and you wiring them money that was never there. Beware and not do business with them.

The other day I applied for a short term loan and received a text message from ** from a Jason ** stating I had been approved for a loan for $5000 and to give him a call back. I was on the road at the time, when this number called my cell. I answered and it was some guy named Michael (sound familiar) from Cash Net USA. I told him I couldn't talk and would call him back when I got a chance. When I returned the call, Michael stated he was with Cash Advance USA. I told him I had not applied for a loan with his company, but he ** his way through and then said he was with Cash Net USA.

Getting a red flag, I asked him how he got my information. He then told me to check my email and complete the loan form and return it to him with my electronic signature. Hmmm. So, I checked my email and sure enough, there was a form for me to sign which stated the loan terms and repayment. When I called him back, he asked me for my user ID and password at my bank. I told him no, I wasn't giving him that information. Michael said it was the only way they could make the transfer into my account. He even told me if I was leery, to take all of the money out while they made the transfer then I could put it back in with a new user id. Who does he think I am, boo-boo the fool? Haven't heard back from him. But the next day received another form similar to the first from Cash Advance USA... Have kept the text messages just in case. Please be very, very careful and DON'T ever give out your personal user ID or password.

This past week and a half I got a email from Michael ** stating I got approved for a 1500 loan and the money would be put in my account within 24 hours. I thought alright great. Cause I needed to get my car out of the shop and have money for my kids so then I filled out the app and everything. He told me he needed my bank account information (note the only bank account I use is green dot bank). Well my phone has been out of minutes so he tried to call my work and got extremely hateful and rude when they said I was not there.

I have never filled out a personal loan application before but I knew for damn sure my mom and dad never had to give a loan person their bank account login and password. So when he asked for mine I asked why he needed that to transfer money to my account and no reply. Well I told him that I was not about to give him that much more information that he didn't need it. He then said "Miss Jessica I told you we can't transfer money to a green dot bank account." I said it is a bank so what's the problem and told him I would not be using this company for a loan and for him to lose my information! He then got very rude and asked for a picture of me cause he wanted to see me. I told him to go straight to hell and lose my information. His reply was "** you." When I said your real mature for someone who works at a loan company he became real angry and went on and on about how it was wish to ** me real hard. Like seriously dude.

Once I told him he was nothing but a scam artist and to go back to Afghanistan cause we sure didn't need him in America he started to call my cell phone being rude and hanging up. At this point my boyfriend and father of my children was highly pissed! So the last time Michael ** called and saying nasty and rude things to me about my family and myself and hung up my boyfriend called the number ** and started to treat this dude the way he was being treated. Michael told him that all us Americans were racist. Haha. Like really you wanna be big and bad you can't play by the end of the many many phone calls and messages my boyfriend left. Cash advance has not called or emailed me at anymore. So beware they are a scam scam scam!!!

Tried to get a loan that they said I was approved for and after I provide I could make the first payment and countless calls asking over and over when I paid the money they became nasty and started calling me names as well as said that he really was in a foreign country even though it says New York area code. This is a scam. If they call you and they sound like they are from Pakistan. It's a scam.

Within the last week, I personally have received at least 50 phone calls from a company that claims to be Cash Advance USA. The people I have been talking to have accidents of people who sound to be from India. They call me and tell me I have been selected to receive a personal loan ranging from $3,000 to $15,000 and every time I have told them I am not interested and to take me off of their call list. They have continuously kept calling me and I told them if they did not stop I was going to go to the police. They told me they were going to keep calling me and to go ahead and go to the police. I went to the police department and filed a harassment claim. They told me to contact the Better Business Bureau to report them but upon speaking to the Better Business Bureau they said there isn't much they could do for the situation and they provided me the number to the Federal Trade Commission.

Upon speaking to them they asked a series of questions and asked for the phone numbers and any other information I had about the company. I stated it to them they were calling me off of different numbers all over the United States and what they had told me about how they would not stop calling me in to go to the police. They said they would check into this situation for me and gathered some contact information if they had any more questions. They said they would be providing these numbers to the government National and state-level as well as local law enforcement. They were the most helpful people I have spoken with about this situation. I highly advice anyone dealing with this company to contact them and let them know what's going on. Their number is 18773824357.

I received a call from someone with a thick East Indian accent who stated they were with Cash Advance America and that I have been approved for a loan between 2 - $10000. The reason they are able to offer this without any documentation is because the government is allowing them to finance people like myself that have a low credit score probably due to something that could not help. So the first guys verifies all my information. He knew my bank and my routing number and my account number. So I said, "Sure I need money, how about $5000." No problem but he would have to transfer me to his supervisor who would finalize everything. I told him there better NOT be any request for money up front. "Oh, No No ma'am you do not have to risk anything" as I am already approved.

Another East Indian comes on and states all I have to do is wire $250 from my account so that the investors would know that I am a good investment and 5 minutes later the money would be in my account. Well I may be green but I am bright green!! No way I told him would I ever fall for such a scam. It is a terrible crime what these people are doing to the gullible. I hope our federal government is doing something to shut these people down. They said they were in San Francisco.

Like many others, it appears, I have been the victim of these evil people. Thankfully something didn't seem quite right while I was talking to the "manager" on the phone. The day before I had applied online for an emergency loan. I knew I would be paying it off in just a few days so I wasn't too worried about the high interest rates, etc. I received a call from Robin while I was out running an errand in my car. After a lot of time with him on the phone I was told I could have up to $10,000. Wow! I said "Cool, I'd like $2,000 please." Robin says "wouldn't you rather have the full $10,000 we are offering?" I thought it over for a whole second and said "well, ok."

Then I get transferred to the "manager". I notice that he has the same thick east India accent as Robin who will finalize everything. Note that I'm also distracted by a personal matter that has my brain spinning so I'm thinking I just want to hurry this along and get back to the texts that are coming in rapid fire on my phone. Sitting the parking lot at a bank for an hour was probably looking at bit suspicious as well. Some guy even stopped by, tapped on my car window, and asked if he could pray for me, saying he thinks about me often. I try to explain that I don't know him and I'm on the phone. He looks hurt and walks away.

Back to the "manager". He explains that he is going to wire the check into my account but needs to put a smaller one in first so the bank can see that I am receiving funds from this company. Kind of like a test. Hmmm, ok. Then he says after I get the $10,000 check wired in I need to pay them back for the first smaller amount. Suddenly this all seems very strange and I ask why I need to pay the smaller one back. Why don't they just send me the difference instead of the full $10,000? "No, can't do that. And be sure to pay the smaller one back immediately" he says. I ask why. He says "cause I wouldn't want to steal money from the US Treasury." I laugh, of course, and tell him I have to get going. He asks why I'm laughing. Now I really just need to find a restroom and pee. I'm laughing so hard.

Well, I check my bank account when I get home and sure enough, there's $750 wired into my account. Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have laughed. But wait! A loan without any agreements to sign? Naw. Well, at 7:00 in the morning I get a call from Robin who asks me if I can hurry to CVS or Walgreens and wire him the $750 so they can pay me the $10,000. I laugh and say "What? Send you $750 of my money before the $750 clears my bank?" I told him I was very tired but not stupid. Not sending him a dime.

He then gets really upset. I get a call back from the "manager" five minutes later and he just starts yelling and says I'd better send the money or he will report me for stealing. I ask him where he works and he says "Cash Advance America". He says he's gonna "blow up my account" if I don't send the cash. Hmmm. I'm awake now. I hang up on him and research it. Land here on this site. I had to call my bank and report it. They are aware of them already. The east India accents and everything. Of course I feel stupid for being so desperate in the first place. And now my account is flagged for fraudulent activity. There will be a police report. I hope Robin is reading this. Run and hide :)

I went online to get a payday loan, a fake account using the name of Cash Advance USA payday loan, this fake online company deposit a fake social security check of $990.35 then asked me to buy $800.00 of iTunes gift card and tell them their number on the card then again they put a fake check into my online account of$1,759.45 which my bank called to tell me about both checks being fake. Oh yeah and I had to buy 1,700.00 in iTunes and give them their numbers so my bank is closed today and I have to start paying back the money starting October 1st.

This isn't fair cause I didn't know that this was a fake company and believe they were going to deposit 5,000 into my account. Now I haven't any money to pay my bills and rent this month because of this fake online payday loan. The name of this man who con me is Steven **, and the phone number is 409-356-5088, 409-246-0332, 989-715-1113 so beware of these people are they and India, am so stressed out with what happened to me and am broke because they took all my money and I can't get it back...

My friend called me and she told me she applied for a loan, and she was uncomfortable with the information requested from her, and she asked for my help. I called on her behalf and I spoke with a guy named Peter ** with a heavy Indian accent. I started to question him about the initial of the loan and what's required from her to get the loan, and he told me that she needed to go to Walgreen, purchase an iTunes card, and pay 248 dollars.

After briefly speaking with him I informed him that I was aware that this is a scam, and he needed to stop calling her and forget whatever information that she gave him or personal information that she provided him with. This person, which I'm sure that's not his real name, started getting aggressive and cursing very unprofessional, and that's another giveaway that that was a scam because anybody in the financial business who is a professional would not speak in this manner. So we went to the bank, close that account, and made the bank aware of the scam, and it also fit filing a criminal charges. This person should be in jail and deported back to India.

I believed them 'cause I had been speaking with money bee for a few days which may also be a fraud/scam and they told me an adviser would be calling me to finalize what I was approved for. Well the guy that called knew all my info I had given money bee.com and the amount I was approved for. They deposited a test deposit to be sure my bank would accept then had the rest of my loan on hold. I could see it on hold in my account after I paid bills bought things my 2 year old needed that. I hadn't had the extra money for they withdrew all money and my account is now way overdrawn.

I reported to state police ftc and others. I hope these scammers are caught and punished for putting poor people like me through this. I only went through moneybee.com because I have bad credit were I had been. Off work for over 2 months for health issues and my credit score dropped dramatically. Never ever accept a call from Cash Advance USA or names of Mark ** Kevin ** Charles ** or William **. SCAM SCAM SCAM. Now I am more in debt than I was and I have a child to raise and there's no help for me. So thank you scammers. You ruined my life financially!

Received an email stating that this would be the final notice (first contact I'd ever received from or even heard of this company) before they went to court over a cash advance loan (which I have never done with ANY company) of 300 dollars which was supposedly overdue and with interest, now close to 900 owed. They refuse to provide documentation of "me" taking out this fictitious loan. I informed them that if they pursue the matter I will be countersuing for damages to my credit rating as well as court costs. I am hoping they do not pursue the matter, but I refuse to be scammed and just settle, as they suggest. Need to fight these scam artists who think they can scare you into a settlement just to avoid the hassle of defending a fictitious claim.

My husband and I have been in a financial crisis. Desperate times, call for desperate measures. In a desperate attempt to get us out of this black hole of financial stress, my husband was surfing the net looking for loans for bad credit. He came across an application, filled it out, and got a call from a guy with a thick Indian accent, saying that he was approved up to $20,000. He said, "We only need $2,000." These people claimed to be Cash Advance. They told him they would deposit $899.11 into our account of which we needed to withdrawal and send back to them via Western Union to ensure that our bank account was active. They deposited the money, he did as they said, and then they said the loan would be deposited the next morning. The next morning, the money obviously was not there. They called my husband and said that his credit was too low and he would have to pay $325 to ensure we would be able pay the monthly payments.

At that point, we realized it was a possible scam. We went to the bank, opened a new checking account since they had our banking information and moved all of our money to that account, just in case. We didn't close the old account since we have to switch all of our bills and direct deposit. Today, I checked our account and noticed these scammers charged our account $899.11, putting our account negative $900! We called the bank, told them what happened and they didn't believe us and said they were going to file criminal charges against my husband for fraud!

Luckily, those people called back while my husband was on the phone with the bank, my husband put the call on conference call and answered their call. They were laughing at him and calling him names!! Thankfully, since it was on conference call, the people at the bank heard the whole thing! So that account is currently frozen, there will be no criminal charges against us, but we still have to pay all of that money back to the bank! Please DO NOT fall for this scam! We are already in a bad situation, and now it's even worse! The number of these scammers is 312-473-4818.

So someone from a (312) 878-9025 called me and stated I was approved for a loan for 5,000-10,000. I asked him, "How did y'all approve me for a loan for that amount just out the blue." He stated I was selected. I notice he was in a call center with a lot of people with the same accent. I call it the SCAMMER ACCENT... It sounded good b/c I need a new car. However I'm not dumb. I didn't give him any info. I asked was this a legit company, he stated yes. However after reading some reviews I'm glad I didn't fall for it. I hope this helps someone else out...

Like others I received a text saying I was approved for a loan. I called the number **. He had my information & all correct. He deposited $989.00 into my account. Anyway please don't fall for it. He got into my account taken me for everything I had as well as money I didn't have. My bank is helping me with this scam I fell prey to. The man has a very strong accent and is very persistent in getting you to do as he says. He makes himself sound trustworthy. They are out of Austin, Texas. He went by the name Eric **. I asked him about his name. He told me that his parents wanted a western name for him. Yeah, right. I will survive (barely), but what about others?

Even if you are registered with the National Do Not Call Registry, they STILL call. Apparently the Government can't do anything to stop them.

Cash Advance USA Company Profile