2. Finance

Need a personal loan?

See if you qualify through fiona

Find my match

Republic Finance Reviews

Original review: April 30, 2020

1. Bait-and-Switch: they will offer to lower your interest rate, but when you go in to do the paperwork, you will find out you have to take out more money to get the lower rate. In addition, there is some fuzzy math they do...take a calculator and be savvy about loans when you. They are banking on you not being good with numbers.

2. If you set up automatic withdrawal, make sure you are checking it on the date it is supposed to be withdrawn. They will claim they couldn't get it through. I called my bank and the bank said there was never an attempt. Luckily, I stay on top of my bills and didn't get a late charge. I got fed up just requested to pay of my loan, then they suddenly had 'computer issues' (this has happened a few times with this company on payments). I think they are trying their hardest to make customers accrue late fees.

3. If you must deal with them, take note, it's like sleeping with rattlesnakes...keep one eye open because this company is banking on you not watching.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

This has been my worst experience EVER with any type of loan! I borrowed $2000. I paid back almost $5000! I went in the office to ask them why my balance kept increasing as I increased my monthly payments and my payment amounts and the only reason they could give me was due to my high interest rate!!! This company reeks of BS and I will tell as many people as I can to NEVER do any type of business with them!!! This is a very crooked company! As I stated in the title, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!

Get buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Worst company ever. They knowing reported my account late for moths because THEY did not report a double payment for March. When I disputed it with Experian with receipts to back it up, they closed my account and added 1500 to my loan. Now I am still disputing all the false late payments and the increased dollar amount on the loan. Do not do business with these crooks.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Do NOT, and I mean NOT get and/or sign for a loan from this company. Customer service nil. Was waiting on a letter regarding the “live check” sent to me and, this company has positively, REFUSED to send to my attention, IN WRITING any form of an account number, etc. requested a payment book to mark any and all payments made to record in this payment book and was told by Garrett **, Elizabethtown, KY. Office they do NOT provide one. After I made the payment, asked how do I know it got applied to the right loan WITHOUT an account number. Mr. ** could not answer. Going to have a “come to Jesus meeting” with Garrett ** come Monday morning!

Original review: July 8, 2019

I wish I could give zero stars! Despite me not applying for a loan, Republic has reported that I took out a loan and sent me a bill. I have notified Republic in writing and by telephone that this is FRAUD but I have yet to receive a response!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Finance?

Original review: May 7, 2019

Company sends 'loan' check to me, I didn't apply for/inquire for/sign for. Attached was a paper stating vague terms included insurance for death, job loss etc. Loan terms stated minimal info. Thought check was fake but wasn't. Googled RF & they are non-accredited and F rating with ex-staff & client's complaints & exposure as a scam.

Death in family occured, I called to verify the loan payment freeze (stated in paper). Was told I didn't have a 'loan'. I had a 'live check' & that I did not have the insurance. The check says LOAN. Lied. Said they were part of Wells Fargo (their LENDER is WF). I said remove this & the 4 hard pulls done on my credit in the last 40 days...Who does that after sending a "loan"? BAIT & SWITCH. I called. Said, "When did I get to see terms & conditions", was told 'you were told over the phone'. I said, "Pls send me the recording (says calls are recorded)." Employee says, "We don't record calls." I say fine & hang up. Letter comes from attorney (collection agency) saying lawsuit etc...I call. Say "Provide me with recording, application for loan, signed paperwork, etc." The LAW FIRM HAS A HORRIBLE RATING TOO! I received paperwork, nothing I requested was in it. Called back attorney, was threatened & cursed out. HORRIBLE SCAM.

Original review: April 17, 2019

** at Republic Finance, 130 Wildwood Parkway, Birmingham, Alabama 35209, was very helpful with our financial concerns today, 04/17/2019, and we highly recommend anyone to call 205-943-9334 and ask for **, who is the Assistant Branch Manager at Republic Finance. Thanks so much for the great service and Happy Easter too, and God bless! Mark, Birmingham, Alabama, USA.

Original review: March 5, 2019

First of all I have paid my loan on time every time for the past 10 years or so. Paid 3 or 4 loans off. They are sending me letters all the time saying we have 3-5k waiting for you. They got a new manager. The past 2 months I have gotten late notices even though they know it goes out 3 Wed of the month. The bank is slow not me. They can't seem to figure out a way to co change the due date. I phoned in a small loan of 3k on Friday. Lady told me, "Call back Monday." I called there 10-12 times, rang 10 roughly then went to voice mail. Called back this am no approval yet. It's now Tuesday. 12 pm no call back. Got thru to her. She said the loan was never pushed thru and she would call me back in an hr. She called me back, told me, "Great news. You have been approved for 2k." Told her was looking for 3k not 2. More than likely they did not feel like redoing the loan papers. I told them to forget it. Will just put it on one of my credit cards.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

They absolutely refused to work with me in any way possible. When it came down to it I was threatened and told that I'd be hearing from their attorney. In the end I never heard anything and I get called to my company's HR department saying they're going to be doing a 25% deduction from my checks until it is paid in full. Worst loan company ever.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My account was paid in advance and my account balance went up. This affected my credit score and I am not the least bit happy about how they do business. This company needs to be investigated by the Federal Government for cooking the books. I am going to make a report to this effect also.

Republic Finance Company Information