1.5/5 (85 ratings)

About Republic Finance

Republic Finance is a consumer loan company that offers multiple types of loan options up to $10,000. Its products include personal, emergency, vacation and secured auto loans and more. While it’s not available in every state, it provides online pre-qualification with no credit checks, which can help you compare options.

Pros

• Secured loans up to $25,000
  • Some customers can apply and close online
  • Online pre-qualification
  • Secured loan curbside closing available

Cons

• Not available in all states
  • Charges origination fees

Bottom Line

Republic Finance provides various loan types in 11 states, and you can pre-qualify online. Its options include personal, auto, vacation and emergency loans. It offers online repayment via debit card or bank transfer.

Top Republic Finance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I love Republic Finance. They always are so kind and lovely to work with. The process is super easy and quick. I had hesitations about taking out loans, but they make it a very en...

Verified

They're always there when I need them! I have only had a positive experience with Republic! And for that, I'm a loyal customer! I've borrowed money from them 20 times or more, pay...

What is Republic Finance?

Republic Finance is a lending company that offers loans online and through its branches. The company operates in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. Options for borrowers include:

• Auto-secured loans
  • Bill consolidation loans
  • Emergency loans
  • Holiday loans
  • Home improvement loans
  • K-12 loans
  • Personal loans
  • Vacation loans

Republic Finance can pre-qualify you online without affecting your credit score. You may also be able to pay your loans online via ACH or debit card.

What does Republic Finance do?

Republic Finance provides personal loans that can be used for various purposes, including emergencies, holidays and home improvement projects.

Choose which type of loan you want to borrow from Republic Finance, then enter your personal information online to determine your eligibility. Most customers can apply and get approved for a personal loan completely online. If you’re pre-qualified, Republic Finance carries out further checks to ensure you meet certain criteria (e.g., you have the ability to provide collateral and insurance).

For secured loans, customers must apply in person at one of its 160+ branch locations. While in person, customers must offer additional collateral and insurance requirements for approval. Secured loans are available up to $25,000.

Republic Finance loan requirements

Republic Finance doesn’t disclose its underwriting critera for loans. Loan terms, rates and origination fees apply based on your state of residence and may also vary depending on your credit.

All loans and renewals are subject to approval pursuant to standard underwriting criteria. Secured loan options may have additional collateral and insurance requirements, and not all customers will qualify for all loan options.

Republic Finance interest rates

Republic Finance’s annual percentage rates (APRs) vary according to these individual factors:

• Credit history
  • Loan amount
  • Your income
  • Available collateral
  • State of residence

An average customer with good credit who borrows $6,000 over a 60-month term with an APR of 27.33% would make monthly payments of $300. However, your rates may differ, and Republic Finance doesn’t offer loans in every state.

Republic Finance FAQ

Where is Republic Finance available?
Republic Finance does not provide loans in every state. It operates in:
  • Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
Can I apply for a loan with Republic Finance online?
Qualified customers may have the option to complete the entire loan process online. You can complete the pre-qualification process on the Republic Finance website. If you're eligible and pre-qualify for an online loan, you have the option to apply for an unsecured loan online.
What types of loans does Republic Finance offer?
Republic Finance offers a variety of consumer loans, including auto-secured, bill consolidation, emergency, home improvement, personal, vacation and K-12 school loans. It’s worth noting that this company’s auto loans are vehicle title loans, not loans for purchasing cars.
Does Republic Finance have a credit score requirement?
Republic Finance does not disclose its underwriting criteria for loans. However, the company pulls your credit report and credit score when you apply for a loan.
Will Republic Finance hurt my credit?
For pre-qualification, no. If you go through the entire application and approval process, you will receive a hard credit pull that may impact your credit.

Is Republic Finance legit?

Yes. Republic Finance serves more than 300,000 customers in over 200 communities in the United States. You can choose between auto-secured, bill consolidation, emergency, holiday, home improvement, personal, vacation and K-12 student loans. It offers online pre-qualification and loan re payment via its online payments portal. Its APRs can be high, however, and the company does not operate in every state.

Republic Finance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Finance?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Towards the end of the loan no one knew number of payments remaining, balance was given different answers each month. Got regional manager involved, they worked with local branch to resolve. Still not resolved.. Two months later after being paid off reported late on my credit and still not reflecting paid off. Asked multiple times over last months if it was done correctly. Answer was yes now see still not correct 2 months after paid off.

Republic Finance response

Hi Christie, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your problem. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to better address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-317-7662 or republicfinance.com/contact. Thanks!

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

My husband and I took out a loan with Republic Finance in 2019. It started as a great move but the pandemic came in 2020 and caused us to fall behind in payments. We tried to make close the payment amounts but because our income significantly changed we fell behind. The manager at the loan office would be all nice but then we fell behind. The smiles ceased and the harassment started. We get continuous phone calls through the day. If we don’t answer they leave voicemails. Now we have received a letter stating our account has been referred to a lawyer’s office. We called the lawyer’s office and they said they are just a go between for Republic Finance and to call the local office to work out payment arrangements.

We called today to see if we could get our payments reduced from 392.00 but she informed us, "Until you make a full payment we can’t do anything." We tried to explain our situation but she was relentless in having a payment made. The worst thing I did was opened the mail that day. A check came from them and use it. We feel like a rat caught in a trap and there’s no release. Don’t get a loan from these people. It will only cause you heartache and pain like me and my husband.

Republic Finance response

Hi Linda, we're so sorry feel poorly about your experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your problem. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to better address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-317-7662 or republicfinance.com/contact. Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Everyone knows the interest rates are astronomical. You can’t check your progress on this loan. No statements whatsoever. And my amount owed has gone up substantially. I honestly think it’s a scam. They should be reviewed and shut down. Telephone conversations don’t help. They hire people who apparently couldn’t pass Algebra. And their website is down consistently everyday and offers no info about your loan when it’s working except how to send them more money. It’s a scam company. The only good reviews are the ones I’m sure they paid for.

Hey Len,

I'm sorry to hear you had such a poor experience. We'd love the chance to hear more so we can address your concerns directly. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-317-7662 or republicfinance.com/contact. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I called to get a payment arrangement but was told there is nothing that can be done. I opted out of unemployment insurance which was all that could help. I was then threatened with legal action. Do Not Get A Loan From Them!!

Republic Finance response

Shequnada, we are SO sorry you upset with your service, and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your problem. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to better address your concerns. Please contact us at 1-800-317-7662 or republicfinance.com/contact. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I would highly recommend Republic Financial for a personal loan. I love that I can call and pay my monthly payment over the phone and get my receipt emailed to me. The staff has always been friendly and helpful for all my needs. I will definitely use them again in the future if I need to. Great company to do business with!!! I have used them for several years. I promise you won’t go wrong with Republic Financial for your personal loan needs regardless of what you are borrowing the money for. Home improvements, credit cards, or just needing some extra cash to catch up on bills that you may be behind on due to COVID or whatever you are needing extra cash for. Like I said Republic Financial Company in Anderson South Carolina is the place to go.

Always helpful and friendly and willing to give you a chance even if your credit is not the greatest credit they will help you and as long as you pay your monthly payment on or before the payment is due then you will be helping yourself build your credit score up and not look like someone who would normally be considered a risk at loaning money to. It’s quick and easy to get your personal loan with Republic Financial Company so what are you waiting on? Go or call them asap to do your application and get the money you need as fast as today. I sure am thankful that they are there if I need them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Received a check in the mail and decided to cash it. Oh boy, did I make a big mistake. I've only had the loan open for 5 months and always paid more than the principal. The balance online stated one amount and they still charged me more to pay off the loan. After speaking to multiple representatives and getting the run around I just gave up. Bottom line is, we just made a fool out of you. DO NOT RECOMMEND UNLESS YOU'RE JUST DESPERATE. Their practices remind me of title pawn. They need to be investigated.

Republic Finance response

Hi Tina, that sounds like your experience could have gone a lot better, and we'd like to talk you and see if we better address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-317-7662 or republicfinance.com/contact. Thanks!

Original review: July 15, 2021

I borrowed $6,000, after making 7 payments for $265, you wanna guess how much I still owe, $8,000. The finance charge is 31%. So bottom line is, I borrowed $6000, and if I paid it off for the 36 months term of the loan, I will have paid $9540. Do the math my friends!!! Borrow $6000, and pay them back nearly $10,000. Figure another way out...it is not worth it to get ripped off by these bottom feeders.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I wanted to renew my loan after paying $2880 on the original loan. The amount they offered in December was $775.00 was would have taken back up to the original loan amount which didn't make sense, so I just paid on the loan. Now it's January and I tried to renew the loan once again this time the offer went down to 600.00 and something which again didn't make sense. This company does not care about their customers they only want to make money by offering awful loan amounts. Why would they think it would be okay to give their customers such small amounts and take them back to their original loan amount with a 30 month repayment plan. This is the worse experience I have ever had with a lending company. They offer low amounts where they profit only with no regard for their customers.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

It need to get experience workers; most of the workers don"t want to answer questions. or listen to you'. If you can't find what you are looking for they will not help or if you need a size or color.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I already had an account with them that was close to being paid off. I needed to have money to stop a garnishment from coming out if my bi-weekly check. I wanted to pay off the first account and then start another. This did not happen. Instead they combined them added extra interest on the first which also took my loan over 7000. 1400 + 3200 ended costing me a whole lot more.

Republic Finance Company Information