1.48/5
Based on 54 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a personal loan company?

56 Republic Finance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

I had an initial loan. They offered to loan me $1100.00 more 2 months after starting payment on that initial loan, and charged me as if I borrowed the balance of what I owed for the initial loan plus the $1100.00. This meant I had to pay over $8k for a little over $2k. After mentioning to the representative how I will pay this off quickly, she continued to hold this long distracting conversation while pushing all of these signature pages in my face for me to sign... Not realizing I was signing that I borrowed the remaining balance when I really didn’t. She made me believe they were adding another $100.00 to my initial monthly payment and paying that from now on until it was paid. That was all lies. Once I realized what happened, I called and sent communications to the corporate office, and no one ever returned my calls. I would not recommend anyone use Republic Finance EVER! They are a scam! I will NEVER IN MY LIFE have anything to do with them again.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Initially, Republic Finance was good to work with. However that changed. We got behind and then contacted them to catch things up. They sent a "collection" person who forced his way into our apartment complex by knocking over one of the residents. This person delivered papers and was aggressive again when he came to our door. I contacted the attorney and the Republic office. I went in set up to have payments drafted twice a month. The manager said that she couldn't give me a balance at that time because she hadn't heard back from the attorney.

Fast forward 8 months and they STILL have not provided me with any balance or proof of payments etc. They also filed additional papers against my wife who wasn't on the loan. I am sure that this has incurred additional cost. I called again yesterday, 04/16, in an attempt to find out a balance, still no luck. I am about to contact the Attorney General's office along with the BBB... Avoid Republic Finance at all cost...

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I did not apply for the loan, Republic sent me a check for $3206.17, so called the business to ask them about the payments, and if I paid it off before 30 months would there be any penalties. "No," that what Dustin an employee there, went to pay it off, now it's another story and Dustin no longer work there, I spoke someone name April, she claims it's 30 days and the interest goes away, so she want me to pay the interest for 30 months.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

They're always there when I need them! I have only had a positive experience with Republic! And for that, I'm a loyal customer! I've borrowed money from them 20 times or more, pay my bill on time, every time, and never one problem!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I've done several 'Live Check' Loans with Republic. One was for $1300, paid that back in 30 days, one was for $1900, paid that back in 3 months, etc. They are always great. I've tried to get loans with other places for much LESS, gone through long processes, only to be turned down, whereas Republic will always write me, no questions asked. Outstanding. Madison TN location (North Madison) 100% outstanding - Brandon is AWESOME!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Finance?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

1 Nov 2017 I was approved for the said loan! Ryan requested a payment of $275 since my credit was bad... Per the FTC I must pay before receiving the said loan! Told me to get iTunes gift cards! I did, then he said the FTC stated I must pay another $275. I said I will not pay anymore and requested my $275 back! I have not rec'd it back!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Republic Finance sent me an unsolicited live check in the mail and continued to harass me every day for more than a year trying to get me to borrow more money. Turned off website payment access and required that I call their corrupt lawyer buddy directly to make payments in order to milk another $45/month for being 15 days late, while I was trying to relocate out of state for new job. Refused to accept phone payment per instructions in Republic Finance letter in order to garnish wages and get money back quicker. Very, very corrupt.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! It's a total rip off! For starters, my husband and I took out a title loan in 2012 for a total of $5,000. Our payback amount was close to $10,000! Before the loan was paid out, my husband decided to take out another loan of $3,000. That started the loan over again and the balance was over $8,000! Again, he stupidly wanted to take out yet another loan WITHOUT MY CONSENT some years later, this time for just $1,000. The balance jumped from $6,000 to over $8,000! I didn't realized he took out another loan until I noticed the balance PLUS I received a denial letter from the company.

I visited the branch and they told me that the loan is no longer my responsibility and that it was paid out and refinanced through my husband only! Why would they send him a denial letter but really approved him of the loan? And how was he able to do this when we BOTH are on the loan? This company is very dishonest and I shouldn't be responsible for this added stuff on my credit report!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I accepted a loan from this company to consolidate some debt. We never missed a payment. In February 2016, I was hospitalized in a coma. The company did not believe despite photos and doctor's information. They refused to speak to my wife and demanded to speak to me while still in a coma by the way. So, payments were now late but arrangements were made. This company then decided to take us to court. We went through mediation and agreed on an amount to repay monthly with zero interest or fees. Well, they have continued to charge interest on every payment despite the judges signed order. Contacted mediation and they contacted Republic Finance. Republic Finance said they have the right to continue to charge their high interest. So, now we will take them to court for not honoring this court agreement.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

When applying for a loan, process was smooth. But when the checks were deposited in my account they were fraudulent checks. Therefore bouncing my account all over. When trying to reach them no response. Now they finally said that I had to pay them money in order to get my accounts unfrozen. Be careful of this company. Checks do not come their company, but from some other company. Think twice, please.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

When my husband and I were late on a few payments they decided they would put a hold on our bank account… which means every time he gets paid they take it all. My husband signed a legal document stating it was garnishments that was being taken but that was not the case!! We have 3 child who just started college and they took everything anytime we put $$ in the account. We will never ever get a loan from this company again & if you are thinking about it I would definitely think TWICE!!!

Original review: July 24, 2017

After having heart attack and being back on my bills I applied to refinance my loan. I was denied because of credit check report after being sick. Making sure that I make my payments so I can have a backup now. I don't know what I'm going to do right now but I'll make it. No thanks to this company. I wouldn't even read them. They are a 0 a my book. I will recover but with everything I do I will pull this company and hope that they go bankrupt so they can feel how I feel.

Original review: July 24, 2017

We received a loan for $1300 to use to pay a medical bill that was related to my recent pregnancy. We used the New Orleans branch to get everything set up. Their staff was very helpful and friendly. Republic Finance helped me out when no other companies would approve my loan. Thank you so much!

Original review: July 17, 2017

My niece is the loanee... she called today crying pleading for help. This company REPUBLIC FINANCE as above. She sometime ago got a "loan" from this company. She is on welfare and a single mom with kids. She now is receiving threats from this company for missing this month's payment. With inflated interest charges. I just checked out the company and it has the worst reputation of any business I have seen. I was going to try to make a payment for her but obviously it will not help in the end. PLEASE INVESTIGATE this company. They are doing illegal collections and inflated interest that can never be paid off. No matter how small the loan is. This company is leeching from poor people who are desperate however it's still not MORAL. You may contact me back for any other info... but PLEASE INVESTIGATE THE BUSINESS ASAP. Thank you.

Original review: July 11, 2017

My family was experiencing hard times due to my husband being laid off from work (oil and gas industry). We were falling behind on bills and reached out to Republic Finance for help. They gave us a loan for $1650 to help out with the past due bill of ours. My experience has been extremely positive with all of the Baton Rouge staff. I have it setup to automatically take out my loan repayment each month from my bank so I don't have to worry about not paying. Thank you Republic Finance for helping me and my family.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I have never missed a payment and always paid on time through direct payment taken from my account. Now I pay directly at the location. First they sent me a text on the 3rd of the month to ask what date I will be making the payment. I gave them the date but and then they called back to tell me that I need to bring cash, which I had been doing ever since I started paying at the location. After telling them I would be there before closing they then still insisted on an exact time. I gave them a time and the next day they send me a letter requesting payment again. I will NEVER EVER USE THEM AGAIN AND RECOMMEND TO OTHERS TO CHOOSE ANOTHER LENDING FIRM. RUN WHEN YOU HEAR THE NAME REPUBLIC FINANCE.

Original review: June 15, 2017

This company is extremely difficult to work with & unprofessional. They had our address wrong for a year. When they finally did send us a bill they told us we had to catch up on payments. They have even admitted they had the wrong address the entire time. Once we finally talked to them on the phone & got the payment amount and address correction, we began making monthly payments. Even though we still weren't receiving statements. We've spoken to them numerous times and it has taken months to get the statements in the mail. Yet, still we made payments.

We're now receiving threatening letters stating our account is past due and is being prepared for legal action. This is ridiculous. The people in the office are too ignorant to even hold a conversation and listen to us when we say we're not catching up on payments that they were sending to the wrong address. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T WORK WITH THEM! Terrible company. I'm also reporting them to the BBB.

Original review: April 25, 2017

They are not to be trusted. Read all fine print. Don't let them rush you like they did me. I could go on and on but basically go anywhere else. I got behind a total of 48 days which is a lot but only 1 and 1/2 payments. Told them at 46 days late I would be receiving a small inheritance in about 5 days and offered to show them the legal documents. Instead of working with me they had me served for collection w/in days later at 48 days late so they could charge me extra interest court cost lawyer fees in a different county? Strange.

Then I tried to make arrangements. They at first agreed then refilled after I sent Them $2000.00 and we settled for Supposedly $2800.00 instead of the served papers with lawyer fees etc where they then wanted $3350.00. I contacted their lawyer. Told them I'd try to pay 400 the next week the 14th but if not I'd send the remaining $800.00 Friday or Saturday the 21st or 22nd. She said ok. Well today the 2rth and I received a court garnishment for $3350.00. What the??? Seems like I'm getting cheated again and the papers aren't even the correct amounts. I already paid them $2000.00 on the 11th and they resued me the 17th not even the 21st or 22nd like me and their lawyer agreed upon. WTH!!

Original review: April 20, 2017

Do not use Republic Finance. They are the worst company operating. I borrowed $400 and missed 2 payments of only $69.00 totaling $138.00. I went to make the payment and learned they have already started the process to garnish my wages. A total of $2100 with late fees, court fees and unknown heard of fees. Now they have received their funds and continue to garnish my wages as they reported they have not received the funds from the attorney so they cannot notify my employer to stop garnishment until they have received all of their money. RIP OFF.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I would never tell anyone to use Republic and here's my experience with them. I had insurance on my loan my car for collateral. My car caught on fire on the way to work one morning. I got with them. They told me no problem, it would be paid off because my car was worth a lot more than the loan. Well this kept dragging on. I kept in touch with them. Often they said they would call me when the insurance paid off to release the title to give the impound. This took over five weeks when I called two or three times a week to find out how it was going.

When the insurance finally paid off they never called me. When I called them they said I still owed a balance and I was also behind on payments. I wasn't able to make any type of payment till the next week and during the following week. I got four phone calls to tell me I was four days late on my payments. Well I made three more payments. Get this. A 140.00 dollar payment, 40.00 dollars went to principal and 100.00 dollars went to interest and the next month they added 89.00 dollars interest. I kept owing more every time I went to make a payment. I was never going to get my loan paid off so I paid it off all at once. They offered to loan me more money right there and then and I said not just no but hell no and thumped his card back at him. I've had a lot of loans in the past and I've never seen the practices they do and I've found out a lot of their loans go to bankruptcy court. Never use these people.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I will never get another loan at Republic Finance in Foley AL. This one loan office was rude and arrogant. I paid my first bill and told them to move my due date cause that's what she said so the due date was supposed to be move. I was off work 2 weeks cause of the holidays. They failed to do it so now I'm behind on my loan. I don't want anything else from that location. I say that because all loan officers is not like that but if that's the only location I can go then I'm out. I refuse to be treated like that again cause of something they failed to do and I call a month ahead. Very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Republic Finance is a not a good place to go to borrow money. I borrowed money twice with them and paid them never missing a payment nor was I ever late. I paid them back the last time 6 months before it was due to be paid off, that seems not to count with them when you need to borrow again the same amount because a credit score is not high enough for them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

As a small business, we are very dissatisfied with the method of billing and inaccuracies therein. We get billed every 2 weeks with each bill stating a due date of 30 days from billing date. For the 2nd time this year, we have not been credited for payments made. In fact, they credited a payment to then debit that same payment amount with no explanation. After trying to find another company to use, we found they have our small market locked up....no options! We are hoping all of these poor ratings will wake up our small community to demand a change. We literally are having money taken from us!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

They garnish both my husband and my checks. They say I owe 6800 and that isn't right. I do owe the money to them and was going to pay it. Got in a jam and they sued for it from both of us. I don't make much money so they taking just bout all my check and now I can't pay my other bills. They don't care as long as they get their money.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Very displeased with this place!!! Me and my boyfriend applied for a loan to purchase a vehicle. Well during the week Alexis called us back and said we are approved for x amount of money. She also told us what all we needed and set up an appointment to sign our loan documents. Well come the day OF the appointment. We call her to make sure we have everything we need. We was actually on the way to get the title names switched over... she says we haven't even got you guys approved yet, my boss was in a meeting and he should be reviewing it today. So I didn't really mind because I figured we was still going to be approved.

So she ends up finally calling me back after about an hour or so and she tells me she can't get anything done for us because our credit has only been open for a year. So I try to explain to her that I have had a credit card open since I was 16 and will be 20 in December. Along with my boyfriend, with his phone bill. She starts to get rude a little bit, so of course I get rude back and I simply tell her..."I will make sure I tell people my story with you all because you don't know what good customer service is. You can't tell me one thing... getting my hopes up and then tell me another thing!!!" I work at a loan company myself so I personally know how to deal with stuff like this!!! THIS PLACE IS A JOKE!!! DO NOT TRY TO GET A LOAN FROM THEM!

Original review: July 23, 2016

I received a $1200.00 loan from them??? No I didn't finish paying them but I did pay for a year $118.00 per month which is approximately $1200.00??? So I never seen a difference in the balance so I stop paying them. I was left with a balance $1900.00 after all my payments. I was also told that I had life insurance, well if I knew that I would have stop paying my life insurance??? No need to pay the same bill twice so to get down to the real I'm being sued for $7000 after making previous payments. They charge me interest on top of interest, now they garnishing my wages with the interest rate, they are charging me on this judgement. I'll be lucky to get out of this 10,000 wondering if this is even legal. I got screwed and on my way to being homeless. This company sucks. I can't feed my kids and pay bills with them taking 1/3 of my wages every week.

Original review: July 9, 2016

This company helped me when others wouldn't! I'm now on my second loan, pay the bill before it's due, and guess what? You guessed it! No Problems! All I have to do is call them up and tell them how much money I need, and within a few minutes I'm on my way to pick up a check! Thank you Republic Finance! You guys are AWESOME!!!

Original review: July 8, 2016

Maria works in the Georgetown office, I find her unprofessional and immature when dealing with the public. She shows no sympathy for people who have falling on hard times, (maybe she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth). I made a promise to pay arrangements to get my loan caught up this month. And this woman had my car towed and showed no remorse for doing so. She may find my hardships amusing, but it's not to me or people like me who try to make it in this world. I should have never went to Republic Finance for help!

Original review: July 6, 2016

Ripoffs. Borrowed 2150.00, paid back over 11,000.00. Don't fool with this company.

Original review: June 22, 2016

I have always made my payments and when my mom had passed away and there was another issue. I made my payments but they put on my credit report that I was 60 plus days late. I spoke with 4 people in there and they are stupid. And so I was talking to this guy Storm and so I told him "if I made a payment on April 1st that paid for April." They have me down for 60 days Plus. So I tried to explain that May to June is 30 days but he said "if you count from April 1st to June 1st that is 60 days." I told him "If I paid April's on the 1st that means it pays for all of April's." He said "no." It's sad that people work in the place and cannot add. I wonder where he got his education. I thought they stopped putting prizes in the Cracker Jack boxes. Please if you can do without these guys please leave them alone.

Republic Finance Company Information