2. Finance
  3. Personal Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.53/5

Republic Finance is a lending service that offers various types of loans, including personal, auto and emergency loans. You can pre-qualify for a loan on its website, but Republic Finance is only available in select states.

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Republic Finance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Finance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Finance?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I wanted to renew my loan after paying $2880 on the original loan. The amount they offered in December was $775.00 was would have taken back up to the original loan amount which didn't make sense, so I just paid on the loan. Now it's January and I tried to renew the loan once again this time the offer went down to 600.00 and something which again didn't make sense. This company does not care about their customers they only want to make money by offering awful loan amounts. Why would they think it would be okay to give their customers such small amounts and take them back to their original loan amount with a 30 month repayment plan. This is the worse experience I have ever had with a lending company. They offer low amounts where they profit only with no regard for their customers.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

It need to get experience workers; most of the workers don"t want to answer questions. or listen to you'. If you can't find what you are looking for they will not help or if you need a size or color.

Get buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I already had an account with them that was close to being paid off. I needed to have money to stop a garnishment from coming out if my bi-weekly check. I wanted to pay off the first account and then start another. This did not happen. Instead they combined them added extra interest on the first which also took my loan over 7000. 1400 + 3200 ended costing me a whole lot more.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I love Republic Finance. They always are so kind and lovely to work with. The process is super easy and quick. I had hesitations about taking out loans, but they make it a very enjoyable experience. I give them 5 stars and would recommend them to anyone!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

Application process takes only few minutes. Less documentation required. Very friendly staff. Installments are lower. Reasonable rates of interest. Charges are low. Everything about billing is transparent.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Read your paper work carefully especially the annual percentage rate and amount financed. They tell you it's one thing and once you read it's totally different and you're stuck with it. The % was 31.450 which is ridiculous.

Original review: April 30, 2020

1. Bait-and-Switch: they will offer to lower your interest rate, but when you go in to do the paperwork, you will find out you have to take out more money to get the lower rate. In addition, there is some fuzzy math they do...take a calculator and be savvy about loans when you. They are banking on you not being good with numbers.

2. If you set up automatic withdrawal, make sure you are checking it on the date it is supposed to be withdrawn. They will claim they couldn't get it through. I called my bank and the bank said there was never an attempt. Luckily, I stay on top of my bills and didn't get a late charge. I got fed up just requested to pay of my loan, then they suddenly had 'computer issues' (this has happened a few times with this company on payments). I think they are trying their hardest to make customers accrue late fees.

3. If you must deal with them, take note, it's like sleeping with rattlesnakes...keep one eye open because this company is banking on you not watching.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

This has been my worst experience EVER with any type of loan! I borrowed $2000. I paid back almost $5000! I went in the office to ask them why my balance kept increasing as I increased my monthly payments and my payment amounts and the only reason they could give me was due to my high interest rate!!! This company reeks of BS and I will tell as many people as I can to NEVER do any type of business with them!!! This is a very crooked company! As I stated in the title, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Worst company ever. They knowing reported my account late for moths because THEY did not report a double payment for March. When I disputed it with Experian with receipts to back it up, they closed my account and added 1500 to my loan. Now I am still disputing all the false late payments and the increased dollar amount on the loan. Do not do business with these crooks.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Do NOT, and I mean NOT get and/or sign for a loan from this company. Customer service nil. Was waiting on a letter regarding the “live check” sent to me and, this company has positively, REFUSED to send to my attention, IN WRITING any form of an account number, etc. requested a payment book to mark any and all payments made to record in this payment book and was told by Garrett **, Elizabethtown, KY. Office they do NOT provide one. After I made the payment, asked how do I know it got applied to the right loan WITHOUT an account number. Mr. ** could not answer. Going to have a “come to Jesus meeting” with Garrett ** come Monday morning!

Republic Finance Company Information