1.8/5 (92 ratings)

About Republic Finance

Republic Finance is a consumer loan company that offers multiple types of loan options up to $10,000. Its products include personal, emergency, vacation and secured auto loans and more. While it’s not available in every state, it provides online pre-qualification with no credit checks, which can help you compare options.

Pros

• Secured loans up to $25,000
  • Some customers can apply and close online
  • Online pre-qualification
  • Secured loan curbside closing available

Cons

• Not available in all states
  • Charges origination fees

Bottom Line

Republic Finance provides various loan types in 11 states, and you can pre-qualify online. Its options include personal, auto, vacation and emergency loans. It offers online repayment via debit card or bank transfer.

Top Republic Finance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I love Republic Finance. They always are so kind and lovely to work with. The process is super easy and quick. I had hesitations about taking out loans, but they make it a very en...

Verified

They're always there when I need them! I have only had a positive experience with Republic! And for that, I'm a loyal customer! I've borrowed money from them 20 times or more, pay...

What is Republic Finance?

Republic Finance is a lending company that offers loans online and through its branches. The company operates in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. Options for borrowers include:

• Auto-secured loans
  • Bill consolidation loans
  • Emergency loans
  • Holiday loans
  • Home improvement loans
  • K-12 loans
  • Personal loans
  • Vacation loans

Republic Finance can pre-qualify you online without affecting your credit score. You may also be able to pay your loans online via ACH or debit card.

What does Republic Finance do?

Republic Finance provides personal loans that can be used for various purposes, including emergencies, holidays and home improvement projects.

Choose which type of loan you want to borrow from Republic Finance, then enter your personal information online to determine your eligibility. Most customers can apply and get approved for a personal loan completely online. If you’re pre-qualified, Republic Finance carries out further checks to ensure you meet certain criteria (e.g., you have the ability to provide collateral and insurance).

For secured loans, customers must apply in person at one of its 160+ branch locations. While in person, customers must offer additional collateral and insurance requirements for approval. Secured loans are available up to $25,000.

Republic Finance loan requirements

Republic Finance doesn’t disclose its underwriting critera for loans. Loan terms, rates and origination fees apply based on your state of residence and may also vary depending on your credit.

All loans and renewals are subject to approval pursuant to standard underwriting criteria. Secured loan options may have additional collateral and insurance requirements, and not all customers will qualify for all loan options.

Republic Finance interest rates

Republic Finance’s annual percentage rates (APRs) vary according to these individual factors:

• Credit history
  • Loan amount
  • Your income
  • Available collateral
  • State of residence

An average customer with good credit who borrows $6,000 over a 60-month term with an APR of 27.33% would make monthly payments of $300. However, your rates may differ, and Republic Finance doesn’t offer loans in every state.

Republic Finance FAQ

Where is Republic Finance available?

Republic Finance does not provide loans in every state. It operates in:

• Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
Can I apply for a loan with Republic Finance online?

Qualified customers may have the option to complete the entire loan process online. You can complete the pre-qualification process on the Republic Finance website. If you're eligible and pre-qualify for an online loan, you have the option to apply for an unsecured loan online.

What types of loans does Republic Finance offer?

Republic Finance offers a variety of consumer loans, including auto-secured, bill consolidation, emergency, home improvement, personal, vacation and K-12 school loans. It’s worth noting that this company’s auto loans are vehicle title loans, not loans for purchasing cars.

Does Republic Finance have a credit score requirement?

Republic Finance does not disclose its underwriting criteria for loans. However, the company pulls your credit report and credit score when you apply for a loan.

Will Republic Finance hurt my credit?

For pre-qualification, no. If you go through the entire application and approval process, you will receive a hard credit pull that may impact your credit.

Is Republic Finance legit?

Yes. Republic Finance serves more than 300,000 customers in over 200 communities in the United States. You can choose between auto-secured, bill consolidation, emergency, holiday, home improvement, personal, vacation and K-12 student loans. It offers online pre-qualification and loan re payment via its online payments portal. Its APRs can be high, however, and the company does not operate in every state.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Finance?

Original review: June 9, 2022

I’ve been a customer of Republic Finance for about 3 years. It’s been a good experience for me. I would recommend Republic finance to anyone that’s trying to get their personal loans. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the terms and conditions.

Republic Finance response

Thank you Carlous! We appreciate your business.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I have just discovered Republic Finance and I have to say that that so far, I have not been disappointed. The staff have been really nice and helpful. If I ever need help in the future, I will definitely keep them in mind.

Get buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2022

I applied with little hope at a rough time of my life. Republic Finance worked with me to get me a personal loan that fit into my budget on the pay schedule. I could not have asked for better than service.

Republic Finance response

Woohoo! We love that we were able to help you get through that. Thanks for the review!

Original review: May 14, 2022

Customer service is AmaZing. But had a hard time in the beginning to TALK to someone. I fell behind and they were able to work with my schedule. I’m back to work effected this money and will get payments in as soon as possible to bring update to date.

Republic Finance response

That's great Juanita! We love a happy story :) Thanks for your review!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I would highly recommend Republic Financial for a personal loan. I love that I can call and pay my monthly payment over the phone and get my receipt emailed to me. The staff has always been friendly and helpful for all my needs. I will definitely use them again in the future if I need to. Great company to do business with!!! I have used them for several years. I promise you won’t go wrong with Republic Financial for your personal loan needs regardless of what you are borrowing the money for. Home improvements, credit cards, or just needing some extra cash to catch up on bills that you may be behind on due to COVID or whatever you are needing extra cash for. Like I said Republic Financial Company in Anderson South Carolina is the place to go.

Always helpful and friendly and willing to give you a chance even if your credit is not the greatest credit they will help you and as long as you pay your monthly payment on or before the payment is due then you will be helping yourself build your credit score up and not look like someone who would normally be considered a risk at loaning money to. It’s quick and easy to get your personal loan with Republic Financial Company so what are you waiting on? Go or call them asap to do your application and get the money you need as fast as today. I sure am thankful that they are there if I need them.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I have been a customer with Republic Finance for many years. The branch in Stone Mountain Ga. have the best customer service. I have always had a great experience and feel they really care about their customers.

Original review: July 20, 2022

As a present customer, I received a flyer for July Customer Appreciation Month to refinance my loan to skip two payments. I applied over the phone at a local branch as directed. Have paid on time with current loan for over months with no concerns. After several days I never received a call back to inform me if I was approved. When I called back to inquire of the status of the loan, I was told they had not heard back from the underwriting team and will let me know as soon as they did. It has been two weeks since I applied and I have not heard anything back. Way to appreciate your loyal customers. A simple call back with a yes/no would have sufficed. As of this day; nothing.

Original review: May 19, 2022

When making my payment I called the Stone Mountain office and I would be charged à fee. When I went to the website I would have. I had to pay a fee to make a payment. But a representative from "RF", did contact me to let me know my options to make a "No Fee" payment and I appreciated the gesture and the information shared because I felt that the customers were being used to make pure profit and was truly disappointed. I do hope the disappointment ends here and I can build a solid financial relationship with a company I can trust and not one that will fleece myself ànd others for profit via convenience fees.

Republic Finance response

Oh no, sounds like there was a communications issue for sure! We would like the opportunity to speak with you to better address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-317-7662 or republicfinance.com/contact. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Towards the end of the loan no one knew number of payments remaining, balance was given different answers each month. Got regional manager involved, they worked with local branch to resolve. Still not resolved.. Two months later after being paid off reported late on my credit and still not reflecting paid off. Asked multiple times over last months if it was done correctly. Answer was yes now see still not correct 2 months after paid off.

Republic Finance response

Hi Christie, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your problem. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to better address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-317-7662 or republicfinance.com/contact. Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

My husband and I took out a loan with Republic Finance in 2019. It started as a great move but the pandemic came in 2020 and caused us to fall behind in payments. We tried to make close the payment amounts but because our income significantly changed we fell behind. The manager at the loan office would be all nice but then we fell behind. The smiles ceased and the harassment started. We get continuous phone calls through the day. If we don’t answer they leave voicemails. Now we have received a letter stating our account has been referred to a lawyer’s office. We called the lawyer’s office and they said they are just a go between for Republic Finance and to call the local office to work out payment arrangements.

We called today to see if we could get our payments reduced from 392.00 but she informed us, "Until you make a full payment we can’t do anything." We tried to explain our situation but she was relentless in having a payment made. The worst thing I did was opened the mail that day. A check came from them and use it. We feel like a rat caught in a trap and there’s no release. Don’t get a loan from these people. It will only cause you heartache and pain like me and my husband.

Republic Finance response

Hi Linda, we're so sorry feel poorly about your experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your problem. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to better address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-317-7662 or republicfinance.com/contact. Thanks!

Republic Finance Company Information