1.46/5

Need a personal loan company?

Republic Finance

Need a personal loan company?

Republic Finance Reviews

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Worst company ever. They knowing reported my account late for moths because THEY did not report a double payment for March. When I disputed it with Experian with receipts to back it up, they closed my account and added 1500 to my loan. Now I am still disputing all the false late payments and the increased dollar amount on the loan. Do not do business with these crooks.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Do NOT, and I mean NOT get and/or sign for a loan from this company. Customer service nil. Was waiting on a letter regarding the “live check” sent to me and, this company has positively, REFUSED to send to my attention, IN WRITING any form of an account number, etc. requested a payment book to mark any and all payments made to record in this payment book and was told by Garrett **, Elizabethtown, KY. Office they do NOT provide one. After I made the payment, asked how do I know it got applied to the right loan WITHOUT an account number. Mr. ** could not answer. Going to have a “come to Jesus meeting” with Garrett ** come Monday morning!

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I wish I could give zero stars! Despite me not applying for a loan, Republic has reported that I took out a loan and sent me a bill. I have notified Republic in writing and by telephone that this is FRAUD but I have yet to receive a response!

Original review: May 7, 2019

Company sends 'loan' check to me, I didn't apply for/inquire for/sign for. Attached was a paper stating vague terms included insurance for death, job loss etc. Loan terms stated minimal info. Thought check was fake but wasn't. Googled RF & they are non-accredited and F rating with ex-staff & client's complaints & exposure as a scam.

Death in family occured, I called to verify the loan payment freeze (stated in paper). Was told I didn't have a 'loan'. I had a 'live check' & that I did not have the insurance. The check says LOAN. Lied. Said they were part of Wells Fargo (their LENDER is WF). I said remove this & the 4 hard pulls done on my credit in the last 40 days...Who does that after sending a "loan"? BAIT & SWITCH. I called. Said, "When did I get to see terms & conditions", was told 'you were told over the phone'. I said, "Pls send me the recording (says calls are recorded)." Employee says, "We don't record calls." I say fine & hang up. Letter comes from attorney (collection agency) saying lawsuit etc...I call. Say "Provide me with recording, application for loan, signed paperwork, etc." The LAW FIRM HAS A HORRIBLE RATING TOO! I received paperwork, nothing I requested was in it. Called back attorney, was threatened & cursed out. HORRIBLE SCAM.

Original review: April 17, 2019

** at Republic Finance, 130 Wildwood Parkway, Birmingham, Alabama 35209, was very helpful with our financial concerns today, 04/17/2019, and we highly recommend anyone to call 205-943-9334 and ask for **, who is the Assistant Branch Manager at Republic Finance. Thanks so much for the great service and Happy Easter too, and God bless! Mark, Birmingham, Alabama, USA.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Finance?

Original review: March 5, 2019

First of all I have paid my loan on time every time for the past 10 years or so. Paid 3 or 4 loans off. They are sending me letters all the time saying we have 3-5k waiting for you. They got a new manager. The past 2 months I have gotten late notices even though they know it goes out 3 Wed of the month. The bank is slow not me. They can't seem to figure out a way to co change the due date. I phoned in a small loan of 3k on Friday. Lady told me, "Call back Monday." I called there 10-12 times, rang 10 roughly then went to voice mail. Called back this am no approval yet. It's now Tuesday. 12 pm no call back. Got thru to her. She said the loan was never pushed thru and she would call me back in an hr. She called me back, told me, "Great news. You have been approved for 2k." Told her was looking for 3k not 2. More than likely they did not feel like redoing the loan papers. I told them to forget it. Will just put it on one of my credit cards.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

They absolutely refused to work with me in any way possible. When it came down to it I was threatened and told that I'd be hearing from their attorney. In the end I never heard anything and I get called to my company's HR department saying they're going to be doing a 25% deduction from my checks until it is paid in full. Worst loan company ever.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My account was paid in advance and my account balance went up. This affected my credit score and I am not the least bit happy about how they do business. This company needs to be investigated by the Federal Government for cooking the books. I am going to make a report to this effect also.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I can honestly say that dealing with this company is the absolute worse experience that I've ever had with a loan company. The office manager there is just rude, heartless and does not need that position period! Yes a loan company is to pay back the money borrowed and with this company I was not paying attention to the check. They mail you out to lure you in because I was waiting on a personal check from insurance company. Will be so thankful when I can get if I live to see it the last red cent that I owe them period.

I would not recommend this company and especially this branch to anyone. Trust me you will truly regret it. One thing I will say to her when it is paid off you never know what you might wake up to one morning like I did when I was able to work, cause if I was able to still work you sure wouldn't have ever seen me in your office and hate that I have to now! I have loans with other companies and NEVER BEEN TREATED OR TALKED TO AS BAD AS HER! And to the corporate office that I've already spoke with would love for you just to bring someone in and her not know it and listen to how your customers are being treated and talked to there. And you making a killing off of the poor!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My father which is 75 was diagnosed with cancer could not work anymore like he was. This said loan had been paid on for a year and never lowered. When he got sick stopped making payments cause he couldn't afford to. Called told them he was gonna go bankrupt the one where you pay everyone a little every month... During this process they sent him a civil suit so he turned over to his lawyer and when went to bankruptcy court they were the only collectors who showed up demanding 50 dollars more a month...

They are the worse loan place I've ever heard of. They deserve to be put out of business... They send live checks to your home knowing some people are having it bad and it's gonna be hard to not use the check. Do not use this company. There is something wrong with this company and how they treat people. I'm a manager of a place that does this same thing but difference is our company and all companies like this have charge offs... In other words they are protected when things like this happen. This place is ugly unprofessional and deserves to be shut down.

Republic Finance Company Information