1.46/5
Based on 61 reviews that contain star ratings

Need a personal loan company?

63 Republic Finance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My father which is 75 was diagnosed with cancer could not work anymore like he was. This said loan had been paid on for a year and never lowered. When he got sick stopped making payments cause he couldn't afford to. Called told them he was gonna go bankrupt the one where you pay everyone a little every month... During this process they sent him a civil suit so he turned over to his lawyer and when went to bankruptcy court they were the only collectors who showed up demanding 50 dollars more a month...

They are the worse loan place I've ever heard of. They deserve to be put out of business... They send live checks to your home knowing some people are having it bad and it's gonna be hard to not use the check. Do not use this company. There is something wrong with this company and how they treat people. I'm a manager of a place that does this same thing but difference is our company and all companies like this have charge offs... In other words they are protected when things like this happen. This place is ugly unprofessional and deserves to be shut down.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Well try call this company and it says call local branch to make payment. Tried 8 times within hr time and nothing but answering machine. Guess they're so busy and can’t answer phone. I regret my loan every day and wish I didn’t get it to buy my motorcycle but now I owe Republic Finance 3 times what I can sell bike for. So screwed. Can’t wait till paid off and be cold day you know where before I go thru this finance company again!!! Rather pick up cans or starve first!!! You will pay double or triple back and pay insurance on listing your toaster for collateral!!!

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Seriously!!! These guys are Loan Crooks and make it their mission to ruin your credit too in the process. They have Pulled HARD PULL INQUIRIES On my credit report numerous times for no reason, Which knocks it down 5 or more points a wack. I called and asked why they are doing repeated HARD PULL INQUIRIES on me. The response I got was that it's in my contract that they have the right at any time to do a credit inquiry. Really!!! I've gone back and read every word of the contract and It doesn't say anywhere that they can do that. Once I understand at the time of loan approval but not REPEATED!!! Headed to my attorney's office in the morning to see what I can do. CROOKS I SAY!!! Would give a ZERO if I could. Somebody needs to stop these crooks.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

One payment was returned due to a mistake by my bank. As a result, Republic will never again accept an ACH payment after just one returned item, no matter how long you've been with them. They charge a fee to pay via debit and I no longer live near a branch so can't pay cash in person. How does one pay their balance off if they won't take a check, charge you for using your debit card, can't pay online, and you don't live near a branch? Very antiquated business, unprofessional manager at Bedford, TX. An ACH payment is a legal form of tender in the state of Texas. Glad I paid them off early and will never EVER borrow from this unprofessional, inconvenient company.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Well I myself was treated fair but Republic took out a life insurance policy on me until this loan is paid? Is this fair? Can they do this? What's to say they put a hit out on me? 25,000 is a lot of ???. Does anyone know?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Finance?

Original review: June 28, 2018

I have been dealing with this company since 2012. They were AWESOME!! Since January 2018 they have switched management, workers etc. NOW THEY SUCK!!! I was recently hospitalized and was out of work for a month, my loan fell behind because I am single and only have me to pay bills!!! I have faxed medical paperwork in they claim they didn’t get. I have tried to work with these people but the new management is HORRIBLE!!! The old crew Paige and Shannon were this location's backbone!!! These new people CAN GO SUCK A ROTTEN EGG!!!

Original review: June 27, 2018

Republic Finance Ruston, Louisiana - These people will call you every day 3 or 4 times a day if you are behind on your loan. They once ran thru a post date check of mine 2 weeks early and then argued with me that they didn't do it. I'm looking at my checking account and it very clearly shows that they ran it thru 2 weeks early. Just today, June 27, 2018, they called and left a message with the answering service on my job that they were calling about my account with them. First of all you don't reveal personal information like that to someone's job. I am sick of these nonprofessional people. I have turned them into the Better Business Bureau. If they send you a check, tear it up, shred it but in no circumstances do business with these people. I HATE that I ever did business with them. I wouldn't recommend them if my life depended on it.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I had an initial loan. They offered to loan me $1100.00 more 2 months after starting payment on that initial loan, and charged me as if I borrowed the balance of what I owed for the initial loan plus the $1100.00. This meant I had to pay over $8k for a little over $2k. After mentioning to the representative how I will pay this off quickly, she continued to hold this long distracting conversation while pushing all of these signature pages in my face for me to sign... Not realizing I was signing that I borrowed the remaining balance when I really didn’t. She made me believe they were adding another $100.00 to my initial monthly payment and paying that from now on until it was paid. That was all lies. Once I realized what happened, I called and sent communications to the corporate office, and no one ever returned my calls. I would not recommend anyone use Republic Finance EVER! They are a scam! I will NEVER IN MY LIFE have anything to do with them again.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Initially, Republic Finance was good to work with. However that changed. We got behind and then contacted them to catch things up. They sent a "collection" person who forced his way into our apartment complex by knocking over one of the residents. This person delivered papers and was aggressive again when he came to our door. I contacted the attorney and the Republic office. I went in set up to have payments drafted twice a month. The manager said that she couldn't give me a balance at that time because she hadn't heard back from the attorney.

Fast forward 8 months and they STILL have not provided me with any balance or proof of payments etc. They also filed additional papers against my wife who wasn't on the loan. I am sure that this has incurred additional cost. I called again yesterday, 04/16, in an attempt to find out a balance, still no luck. I am about to contact the Attorney General's office along with the BBB... Avoid Republic Finance at all cost...

Original review: April 16, 2018

I did not apply for the loan, Republic sent me a check for $3206.17, so called the business to ask them about the payments, and if I paid it off before 30 months would there be any penalties. "No," that what Dustin an employee there, went to pay it off, now it's another story and Dustin no longer work there, I spoke someone name April, she claims it's 30 days and the interest goes away, so she want me to pay the interest for 30 months.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

They're always there when I need them! I have only had a positive experience with Republic! And for that, I'm a loyal customer! I've borrowed money from them 20 times or more, pay my bill on time, every time, and never one problem!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I've done several 'Live Check' Loans with Republic. One was for $1300, paid that back in 30 days, one was for $1900, paid that back in 3 months, etc. They are always great. I've tried to get loans with other places for much LESS, gone through long processes, only to be turned down, whereas Republic will always write me, no questions asked. Outstanding. Madison TN location (North Madison) 100% outstanding - Brandon is AWESOME!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

1 Nov 2017 I was approved for the said loan! Ryan requested a payment of $275 since my credit was bad... Per the FTC I must pay before receiving the said loan! Told me to get iTunes gift cards! I did, then he said the FTC stated I must pay another $275. I said I will not pay anymore and requested my $275 back! I have not rec'd it back!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Republic Finance sent me an unsolicited live check in the mail and continued to harass me every day for more than a year trying to get me to borrow more money. Turned off website payment access and required that I call their corrupt lawyer buddy directly to make payments in order to milk another $45/month for being 15 days late, while I was trying to relocate out of state for new job. Refused to accept phone payment per instructions in Republic Finance letter in order to garnish wages and get money back quicker. Very, very corrupt.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! It's a total rip off! For starters, my husband and I took out a title loan in 2012 for a total of $5,000. Our payback amount was close to $10,000! Before the loan was paid out, my husband decided to take out another loan of $3,000. That started the loan over again and the balance was over $8,000! Again, he stupidly wanted to take out yet another loan WITHOUT MY CONSENT some years later, this time for just $1,000. The balance jumped from $6,000 to over $8,000! I didn't realized he took out another loan until I noticed the balance PLUS I received a denial letter from the company.

I visited the branch and they told me that the loan is no longer my responsibility and that it was paid out and refinanced through my husband only! Why would they send him a denial letter but really approved him of the loan? And how was he able to do this when we BOTH are on the loan? This company is very dishonest and I shouldn't be responsible for this added stuff on my credit report!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I accepted a loan from this company to consolidate some debt. We never missed a payment. In February 2016, I was hospitalized in a coma. The company did not believe despite photos and doctor's information. They refused to speak to my wife and demanded to speak to me while still in a coma by the way. So, payments were now late but arrangements were made. This company then decided to take us to court. We went through mediation and agreed on an amount to repay monthly with zero interest or fees. Well, they have continued to charge interest on every payment despite the judges signed order. Contacted mediation and they contacted Republic Finance. Republic Finance said they have the right to continue to charge their high interest. So, now we will take them to court for not honoring this court agreement.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

When applying for a loan, process was smooth. But when the checks were deposited in my account they were fraudulent checks. Therefore bouncing my account all over. When trying to reach them no response. Now they finally said that I had to pay them money in order to get my accounts unfrozen. Be careful of this company. Checks do not come their company, but from some other company. Think twice, please.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

When my husband and I were late on a few payments they decided they would put a hold on our bank account… which means every time he gets paid they take it all. My husband signed a legal document stating it was garnishments that was being taken but that was not the case!! We have 3 child who just started college and they took everything anytime we put $$ in the account. We will never ever get a loan from this company again & if you are thinking about it I would definitely think TWICE!!!

Original review: July 24, 2017

After having heart attack and being back on my bills I applied to refinance my loan. I was denied because of credit check report after being sick. Making sure that I make my payments so I can have a backup now. I don't know what I'm going to do right now but I'll make it. No thanks to this company. I wouldn't even read them. They are a 0 a my book. I will recover but with everything I do I will pull this company and hope that they go bankrupt so they can feel how I feel.

Original review: July 24, 2017

We received a loan for $1300 to use to pay a medical bill that was related to my recent pregnancy. We used the New Orleans branch to get everything set up. Their staff was very helpful and friendly. Republic Finance helped me out when no other companies would approve my loan. Thank you so much!

Original review: July 17, 2017

My niece is the loanee... she called today crying pleading for help. This company REPUBLIC FINANCE as above. She sometime ago got a "loan" from this company. She is on welfare and a single mom with kids. She now is receiving threats from this company for missing this month's payment. With inflated interest charges. I just checked out the company and it has the worst reputation of any business I have seen. I was going to try to make a payment for her but obviously it will not help in the end. PLEASE INVESTIGATE this company. They are doing illegal collections and inflated interest that can never be paid off. No matter how small the loan is. This company is leeching from poor people who are desperate however it's still not MORAL. You may contact me back for any other info... but PLEASE INVESTIGATE THE BUSINESS ASAP. Thank you.

Original review: July 11, 2017

My family was experiencing hard times due to my husband being laid off from work (oil and gas industry). We were falling behind on bills and reached out to Republic Finance for help. They gave us a loan for $1650 to help out with the past due bill of ours. My experience has been extremely positive with all of the Baton Rouge staff. I have it setup to automatically take out my loan repayment each month from my bank so I don't have to worry about not paying. Thank you Republic Finance for helping me and my family.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I have never missed a payment and always paid on time through direct payment taken from my account. Now I pay directly at the location. First they sent me a text on the 3rd of the month to ask what date I will be making the payment. I gave them the date but and then they called back to tell me that I need to bring cash, which I had been doing ever since I started paying at the location. After telling them I would be there before closing they then still insisted on an exact time. I gave them a time and the next day they send me a letter requesting payment again. I will NEVER EVER USE THEM AGAIN AND RECOMMEND TO OTHERS TO CHOOSE ANOTHER LENDING FIRM. RUN WHEN YOU HEAR THE NAME REPUBLIC FINANCE.

Original review: June 15, 2017

This company is extremely difficult to work with & unprofessional. They had our address wrong for a year. When they finally did send us a bill they told us we had to catch up on payments. They have even admitted they had the wrong address the entire time. Once we finally talked to them on the phone & got the payment amount and address correction, we began making monthly payments. Even though we still weren't receiving statements. We've spoken to them numerous times and it has taken months to get the statements in the mail. Yet, still we made payments.

We're now receiving threatening letters stating our account is past due and is being prepared for legal action. This is ridiculous. The people in the office are too ignorant to even hold a conversation and listen to us when we say we're not catching up on payments that they were sending to the wrong address. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T WORK WITH THEM! Terrible company. I'm also reporting them to the BBB.

Original review: April 25, 2017

They are not to be trusted. Read all fine print. Don't let them rush you like they did me. I could go on and on but basically go anywhere else. I got behind a total of 48 days which is a lot but only 1 and 1/2 payments. Told them at 46 days late I would be receiving a small inheritance in about 5 days and offered to show them the legal documents. Instead of working with me they had me served for collection w/in days later at 48 days late so they could charge me extra interest court cost lawyer fees in a different county? Strange.

Then I tried to make arrangements. They at first agreed then refilled after I sent Them $2000.00 and we settled for Supposedly $2800.00 instead of the served papers with lawyer fees etc where they then wanted $3350.00. I contacted their lawyer. Told them I'd try to pay 400 the next week the 14th but if not I'd send the remaining $800.00 Friday or Saturday the 21st or 22nd. She said ok. Well today the 2rth and I received a court garnishment for $3350.00. What the??? Seems like I'm getting cheated again and the papers aren't even the correct amounts. I already paid them $2000.00 on the 11th and they resued me the 17th not even the 21st or 22nd like me and their lawyer agreed upon. WTH!!

Original review: April 20, 2017

Do not use Republic Finance. They are the worst company operating. I borrowed $400 and missed 2 payments of only $69.00 totaling $138.00. I went to make the payment and learned they have already started the process to garnish my wages. A total of $2100 with late fees, court fees and unknown heard of fees. Now they have received their funds and continue to garnish my wages as they reported they have not received the funds from the attorney so they cannot notify my employer to stop garnishment until they have received all of their money. RIP OFF.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I would never tell anyone to use Republic and here's my experience with them. I had insurance on my loan my car for collateral. My car caught on fire on the way to work one morning. I got with them. They told me no problem, it would be paid off because my car was worth a lot more than the loan. Well this kept dragging on. I kept in touch with them. Often they said they would call me when the insurance paid off to release the title to give the impound. This took over five weeks when I called two or three times a week to find out how it was going.

When the insurance finally paid off they never called me. When I called them they said I still owed a balance and I was also behind on payments. I wasn't able to make any type of payment till the next week and during the following week. I got four phone calls to tell me I was four days late on my payments. Well I made three more payments. Get this. A 140.00 dollar payment, 40.00 dollars went to principal and 100.00 dollars went to interest and the next month they added 89.00 dollars interest. I kept owing more every time I went to make a payment. I was never going to get my loan paid off so I paid it off all at once. They offered to loan me more money right there and then and I said not just no but hell no and thumped his card back at him. I've had a lot of loans in the past and I've never seen the practices they do and I've found out a lot of their loans go to bankruptcy court. Never use these people.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I will never get another loan at Republic Finance in Foley AL. This one loan office was rude and arrogant. I paid my first bill and told them to move my due date cause that's what she said so the due date was supposed to be move. I was off work 2 weeks cause of the holidays. They failed to do it so now I'm behind on my loan. I don't want anything else from that location. I say that because all loan officers is not like that but if that's the only location I can go then I'm out. I refuse to be treated like that again cause of something they failed to do and I call a month ahead. Very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Republic Finance is a not a good place to go to borrow money. I borrowed money twice with them and paid them never missing a payment nor was I ever late. I paid them back the last time 6 months before it was due to be paid off, that seems not to count with them when you need to borrow again the same amount because a credit score is not high enough for them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

As a small business, we are very dissatisfied with the method of billing and inaccuracies therein. We get billed every 2 weeks with each bill stating a due date of 30 days from billing date. For the 2nd time this year, we have not been credited for payments made. In fact, they credited a payment to then debit that same payment amount with no explanation. After trying to find another company to use, we found they have our small market locked up....no options! We are hoping all of these poor ratings will wake up our small community to demand a change. We literally are having money taken from us!

Republic Finance Company Information