2. Finance
  3. Payday and Title Loans

1.4/5 (339 ratings)

About Ace Cash Express

Ace Cash Express Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ace Cash Express?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ace Cash Express?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I worked with William **. He told me my credit wasn't satisfactory, so the company put in several deposits, the last amounting to $1,250. I was told to go to the store and get gift cards reflecting said amount, and send to them. It would boost my credit score. I did this three times! What a fool I am. I gave him all my information thinking the company and its rep were trusted because they have been in business so long. They took all my money in my checking and savings account, while William kept telling me to wait 30 min., wait 45 min., wait, wait. I will never, ever do business with this company! Now I am in the negative in both accounts.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I normally visit your store in Irving Tx. 2802 North MacArthur. Like to give thanks to Ms. ** for her professionalism, know her job responsibilities and getting you out in a timely manner is very important key. Not to mention her greeting and smiles of genuine care for her customers not just about get business for that location. Making sure the customer had a satisfied experience and explains everything in detail. Thank you so much. I will be customer for a long time and telling others of the awesome customer service.

Get buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2021

I went to Ace check cashing to cash a money order, that other places kept denying. The representative, Sheria, went above and beyond to verify my money order was valid. She had to contact several people and wait about an hour, but she was able to verify and cashes my money order. This is excellent customer service and she deserves a bonus or a promotion! Thank you Sheria.

Original review: June 4, 2021

I have been a Ace Elite as well as NetSpend card holding for over 10 years. I recently noticed a transaction that was not authorized for $1300. I filed a dispute. I reached out to the merchant and was told I could get a full refund due to me not having an account with the company Credit Acceptance. It was for a car loan although they didn't provide me with the account information. I own my car. I was not about to be paying someone else car note. It is a pandemic out here. People are already suffering and struggling.

I was told to go thru my bank and have it disputed. They closed both accounts. When it was done on the Ace not NetSpend. Why because I wanted a refund. Then was told that I would have to wait 7-10 business days to receive my check in the mail. Asked them if they can have it rushed delivered. Was told NO. Why not? They rush deliver the debit cards. Why is a check any different. They act as if they wanted me to get ripped off. Ace sucks all the way around the board.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I went into Ace Cash Express, The representative was so helpful and courteous to not only me, but the customer on the phone, and the also the customers in the store!! So very friendly. Thank you, ANGELA!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I applied for an online loan. Received an email from Ace Cash Express. Was asked to call to confirm. The man insisted over and over again that I get more than what I wanted and then tried to get me to pay them $198 before I was able to receive my loan. No. Don't ever do this. You never pay for a loan ahead of time.

Original review: April 1, 2020

This is my first time ever applying for a loan and I must admit it will be my last. The whole experience was a complete headache! Right now with everything going on I couldn’t believe that at a time like this while We are going through a pandemic that they would take out every last cent from my account. Then when I called to try to speak to someone Carrie is who I spoke to then when I called to try speak to someone Carrie is who I spoke to Aaron with no help. In fact she was quite rude! I would never recommend this place nor will I return.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Filled out an online application I wanted to cancel. They tell me that can't find the account despite the fact I give them my information when I call. Yet the account is there online when I log into it. They are fraudulent as hell and don't trust anything they say. Will be putting fraud alerts on my accounts.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Decided to open an Ace checking account when the Ace employee suggested I do so to avoid paying high fees to cash my monthly and biweekly payroll checks. She said if I had direct deposit I would not be charged anything to withdraw the money, at most 3 dollars. I withdrew 1500.00 yesterday to pay my rent and other bills and was charged 25.00 and some cents. This was at an Ace location on Lafayette and San Bernardo in Laredo, TX. On top of this I am charged a 5 monthly fee for having the account, even though I have direct deposit for two separate incomes. To make matters worse, the overdraft fee of 15 dollars has increased to 20. There are also long lines at the local Ace locations.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Awful. Never use this company. Went to the one on Gravois Road. The girl Anna was so unprofessional. Tried to cash a check. She took forever then tried to charge me 250.00. I said never mind. Went to Check N Go. They cashed it for 90.00 and was very nice. I do not like dishonest people. Please Do Not Use Ace. MARIE

Ace Cash Express Company Information