Call toll free
Call toll free
4.54/5
Based on 455 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2013, LoanMe authorizes personal loans from $2,600 to $100,000. The process is fast and easy and it's even possible to have money deposited into your checking account in as fast as 3-4 hours! With fixed monthly payments and no pre-payment penalties, LoanMe is your go-to personal lender for whatever life throws at you.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

456 LoanMe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was very satisfied with how the loan process was handled and I am very happy I was able to receive a loan, however I spoke with a gentleman saying my first month's payment would be credited and I would only owe 267 instead of 367. Well the 367 was taken out anyways and I called and the lady said that I was misled and that wasn't true, so I budgeted this week thinking I would only have the 267 taken out and now I hardly have any money to feed my kids with. So I am very upset and not sure what I am going to do this week. So thank you for giving me false information.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Laura **, who was my loan agent, could Not have been Better. She was professional and personable and reminded me that True Customer Service is not a thing of the past!! Kudos to Laura for going the extra mile and standing by her word!!!

Original review: June 8, 2018

Stephanie was very professional throughout the loan process. Great job for her! I needed not to leave a voice messages, she just call me and updated me on my loan status. This is a very good experience being me having a bad credit score and approving me with a good interest rate.

Original review: June 7, 2018

This was the best personal loan experience that I have ever had. Everything was easy. The funds were delivered faster than I could ever imagine. The feeling I got was that the staff really wanted to help and wanted you to be comfortable.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Very professional and helpful and very pleasant and she explained every area of the process. She walk me through the finances funding also the fixes rates and how it work... I'd recommends this service to all my friends. She work very fast as well. Very great communication skills. Thank you for your services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LoanMe?

Original review: May 15, 2018

Apparently a partner of Lending Tree, somehow (I wonder how) this company discovered I was in the market for a business loan. LoanMe, had 1 different rep calling me every 15-30 minutes. So for example at 9 am, Claire would send an email stating; "I see that you filled out our application. Would you like to talk via voice or text?" At 9:15, let's say the guy's name was John. John would call and pretend he wasn't aware Claire was working on my case. 9:30 am, Claire calls. 10 am, Suzie calls. On and on and on every 30 minutes for days. All while using spoof internet phone numbers, 800 & 877 numbers, all from "LoanMe".

Here's the catch. I never filled out paperwork for LoanMe. They weren't even on Lending Tree's "pre-approval" summary page for my loan request. How did I get rid of them? I simply asked: "I don't recall filling out an application for any of the 100's of loan companies stating so... Also you're the 10the person from LoanMe who has contacted me... 1. Please provide copy or record of the application you mentioned I filled out. 2. Please pick one rep to work with me. I don't need to hear from 3 people asking for and asking the same questions." They disappeared real quick and in fact. When I tried to find more info on the phone numbers used to call me, many were "out of service" within 48 hours. Find your own bank and fill out your own applications... A complete waste of 3 days taking calls from dozens of hungry sharks.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Henry is very helpful to me and I definitely recommend LoanMe to my friends. Fast and easy too. Everybody who assisted me are very helpful and most of all Mr Henry. This is my second time using loanme and it help me right away, my worries gone.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I must say to begin with, I never expected to be approved but the help of God and Shane ** I was able to be approved. I know for one that my credit has been turned down so many times and so I was so shocked to begin with, when I was finally approved. However, I was also very skeptical of the authenticity of the call and company since I was still in shock that I was even getting the help I needed. But Shane did an amazing job ensuring that I was comfortable and reassured me that I was dealing with a professional and a field expert not only in his job, but also in providing a true customer experience above report! It does not surprise me that he is one of your Sr. Loan Advisors! In fact if this man is not promoted to some type of manager I will be seeking to have him recruited asap because his expertise is very valuable! Thanks again Shane. I appreciate you a lot brother!

Original review: April 24, 2018

Had a pleasant customer services. Which it was provided very professional. He answer all my questions. He explain every concept of the loan. First time having business with your company. Once again thank you. Any questions feel free to contact me at **.

Original review: April 24, 2018

West was just awesome wanting to help and not pushes, but knew how to help and fast service. And the follow up was later in the day and the guy was helpful also cause I was needing to change the payment so he did with big deal.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Actually the whole experience was easy and Ethan was great. The application process was somewhat lengthy but otherwise, it was no problem. Ethan even contacted me before the loan was finalized because they were having a hard time reaching me. Once I did speak to them, the final process was done.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I would recommend this service to anybody who is in a financial bind. I got the money I needed and it was fast. The process was easy. At first I was skeptical about this online transaction, but they proved me wrong.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Answered all my questions. Discussed loan terms more than once. Explained how it was an expensive loan and that very little would go to my principal. Gave me the exact amount and I agreed to the loan terms. Told me the more I pay the less interest I pay. Also once approved I didn't pay till the 2nd month. I recommend just pay more than your monthly. I seen a lot of bad reviews but people don't read the terms and conditions. They tell you it's an expensive form of credit.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The loan process was really quick and easy. I was also very pleased with Michael. He explained the disclaimer thoroughly. I would recommend more time to go thru the disclaimer as an option to the customer. But everything else was just perfect. I also love the fact that LoanMe would prefer for me to pay the loan as soon as possible and no penalty fee would be added.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Mr. Peter ** helped me processed my papers so smoothly. He is very knowledgeable and understanding of your situation. If you needed emergency cash, Mr. Peter ** of LoanMe is the one to call. Thank you Mr. ** for an excellent job!!!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I had my car falling apart and not sure how much repairs would cost. I was sure the cost would be more than average. With it being tax month and house tax month, my regular income was running out. I received the loan the same day and more than I expected.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Of course the interest is a bit high but loan was paid off within a month. Greatly appreciate the fast service and funding! Received funds within 30 mins. I would recommend this as a very short term loan! Don’t keep long.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Great service!! Very professional representatives. Rapid service. Thank you for everything. I look forward to using your service again in the future. I will recommend this company to some of my friends and family. I am very satisfied with this company.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Great business to work with. Very professional and accommodating. I'll highly recommend them. They were willing to really assist in making this transaction go through. They clearly define the details of the service they will provide and timetable of the loan.

Original review: April 9, 2018

My initial contact with LoanMe was Friday, April 6th, 2018 and it was one of professionalism, efficiently and accuracy on the highest level. I am very pleased and totally satisfied. The Representative that helped me was Le ** and he provided fast and EXCELLENT service! Thank you.

Original review: April 4, 2018

My family was in trouble and I had nowhere to turn and Loan Me helped me in one day. Thank you for your support and caring and the very nice and understanding people that work for you. They were very efficient and kind to me and my family. Once again thank you.

Original review: April 4, 2018

The process was clear, fast and professional. It took less than 30 minutes from start to receiving funds in my account. I received two calls in the process. Both calls were friendly and short. I received ten emails/calls from other loan agencies but all were too late. They all came after I had already received what I needed from LoanMe.

Original review: April 4, 2018

They are always very efficient and quick about getting your loan processed. Very clear on the details of your loan and offer other loan options. I have gotten multiple loans from them and have never had any issues. I would definitely recommend them and go back.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Service was fast and Professional. My customer service rep was polite and got directly to what I needed, not a lot of unnecessary questions. Information was explained with great detail and care. Verifications process was very smooth as well. I would highly recommend to anyone in need of financial help.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Quick process, but very expensive. Would recommend to try and find somewhere else, but they will work in a pinch. The people working there are friendly and very responsive. But again, try to find somewhere else first. Use only as a last resort.

Original review: April 2, 2018

The staff was helpful and fast. I appreciated the judgment-free attitude of the rep I worked with. He was great. Thank you to him. The only that would have been less annoying was the constant phone calls. I know they were there to help me because I asked but the phone ringing all day while I was at work was something I could have done without.

Original review: March 23, 2018

It was a simple procedure, step by step... The attention after submitting all the data online was always very understandable and friendly... Always the Guzman teller explained everything good and against the loan. If I would recommend to others if it is an emergency and that they agree to return it as soon as possible because the interest is very high.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I was happy with the funding to pay off other cash advances and stretch out the payments over time. This will enable me to make a lump sum payment soon to get things cleared with minimal high interest rate charges.

Original review: March 23, 2018

While the loan rate was very high, I was happy to get it at all. And, any other opportunity I had for a loan from another company was not nearly as favorable. Overall the people were please, all spoke perfect English, were courteous, and made sure I understood the benefit I was getting and the obligation I was creating by accepting the loan. I was running out of hope that I’d have the funds critical to my future until the call from loan me. I’m fortunate to have been accepted by them as a loan recipient.

Original review: March 10, 2018

The folks, Sam & Kein, were very helpful and informative. They explained everything to me including the length of the contract and all options I could have, paying off the loan sooner, etc. I was informed when my first payment would be and my last. The different amounts of interest and how the interest rate would decline with early payoff. Most important was how they treated me. They treated me with respect, consideration, and as a valued client. Thanks.

LoanMe expert review by Barbara Friedberg

LoanMe offers unsecured installment loans to consumers and businesses. The company's primary focus is to provide personal or small business lending solutions. The company offers loans from $2,600 to $100,000 for purposes such as debt consolidation or costs associated with starting a new business. LoanMe streamlines the loan application process, making it easier for consumers.

• Loan range: LoanMe offers personal loans ranging from $2,600-$100,000. This wide range gives consumers several options to choose a loan amount that meets their needs, even if they do not own a home.

• Direct deposit: With application approval, consumers can receive their loan funds via direct deposit into a checking account.

• Automatic payment withdrawals: LoanMe automates the loan repayment process, withdrawing loan payments from the borrower's bank account based on an agreed-upon repayment schedule.

• Three ways to apply for a loan: Applicants can call the company toll-free to begin the loan application process with a live agent, complete the process online or use the company's website to request a callback from a live agent.

• Best for: LoanMe's services are best for anyone looking for an unsecured personal consumer loan, individual's ineligible for typical bank or credit union loans and those facing financial hardship.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg
Barbara Friedberg

Personal Finance Contributing Editor

LoanMe questions and answers

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
Lack of transparency. LoanMe does its best to make the terms of the loan clear for customers before they decide to take a loan.
What is the greatest obstacle LoanMe is currently trying to overcome?
A number of sites online display primarily negative reviews on our products and service. This, however, does not reflect the voice of all our customers. A great majority of our customers are happy with our service and we would like to change the conversations online to show this.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past several years, it has been getting more and more difficult for the public to qualify for personal loans through traditional banks and other lenders. LoanMe is trying to fill the gap by helping customers who cannot find help through such traditional mediums.
How has LoanMe grown or evolved?
LoanMe has experience steady growth since 2013.
How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?
LoanMe is focusing a lot on growing its Prime and commercial loans. LoanMe’s goal is to offer its products to a broader range of credit holders.
Where do great ideas come from in your organization?
Great ideas come from customer feedback.
What problem is LoanMe trying to solve?
The goal is to protect a good public image for LoanMe’s young brand.
What sets LoanMe apart from the competition?
LoanMe has easily accessible loans for those with good credit and less than perfect credit, fast cash (cash in as fast as 3-4 hours) and low monthly payments.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our quick loans serve customers who need cash fast. Funds may be deposited directly in as fast as 3 – 4 hours.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about LoanMe?
Customers do not have to wait the full term of the loan to pay it off. Customers are able to pay off the loan at any time they like with no pre-payment penalties.
What are your company values?
LoanMe has a responsibility to its customers to be open and honest, to treat customers fairly, and to be safe and secure. These principles affect everything the LoanMe is involved in, including the way it lends money.

LoanMe Company Information