Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 412 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2013, LoanMe authorizes personal loans from $2,600 to $100,000. The process is fast and easy and it's even possible to have money deposited into your checking account in as fast as 3-4 hours! With fixed monthly payments and no pre-payment penalties, LoanMe is your go-to personal lender for whatever life throws at you.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 16, 2018

413 LoanMe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I’m really grateful to LoanMe. I was in really bad situation and They were the only ones who gave the loan even though my credit was so bad. It was easy, fast and great customer service. Careful this loans come with really high interest. So if You have really bad credit like don’t complain after You get the loan.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I received an email a few days after receiving the loan. It says it is a transfer. So to my understanding LoanMe transferred my loan account to a collection agency. At the end of the letter says this is an attempt to collect a debt. It hasn’t been long since I received the loan. I have not missed any payments. Someone please explain that to me. I’m shocked.

LoanMe response

Hi Rina, Thank you for reaching out. Your comments have been escalated to the appropriate department and someone should be contacting you soon. LoanMe tries to give all its customers the best experience. If you continue to have any questions about your loan, please contact us at 1-844-764-7368.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I have nothing bad to say. LoanMe helped me out twice!!! They are extremely professional and caring. I would recommend them to everyone. Life savers. They are very helpful and caring. I was approved in one day. My money was in my account the following day. Wish I could meet them in person. Extremely happy And grateful. LoanMe saved my year again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I was told multiple times my last an was approved when it was not. I signed three contracts and when asked I was told the underwriters needed to verify information and had to make a change. Very poor communication. I was mislead by the phone representative and not actually told where I was in the process.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

You guys are awesome. You guys really did me a big favor, if it wasn't you guys I'll be struggling right now. I might be a little more in debt but now I'm in a better place. Finally paid off things that would take me longer to pay off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LoanMe?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I was very happy. Great. Please with the LoanMe. The money was fast to my bank and I appreciate everything. Just couldn't use of money but was very please. Had no problems returning the money with no hassles no nothing. Very nice. Thank you very much.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Sam was the best part of getting this loan with LoanMe. It happened fast and Sam was friendly and professional. He explained everything. Sam answered all my questions and got back to me fast. The best experience I have ever had getting a loan. Thank you Sam.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I had a very good experience with my LoanMe Rep. He was very accommodating and took care of my loan needs. His attitude was very positive which encouraged me to go forward with loan. I would definitely recommend LoanMe to my friends.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I experience a great experience with this process. Thanks. I did receive the funds and I will be referring more business owners to you. My agent returned my phone calls immediately when I called and I did not have to wait long at all.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Customer service is great and the process is fast and easy. Peter was great. Thank you. We are starting a new adventure and appreciate LoanMe for being there and working with us. This is the second time we have used LoanMe in the time of need. We are grateful.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

To be honest it was a quick solution for a bigger problem. In a few hours I had the money and was able to pay bills. Customer service was awesome and attentive to the fact that I was at work and had very limited time to be on the phone.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Got in a jam where a few deals fell under and had to get a loan. LoanMe was the quickest and fastest loan with not so perfect credit. Interest rates are crazy and the goal is to pay it off in 3 months.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017
Obtained a loan of $2500 a while ago. Made my payments until I lost my job. Fell behind and before I knew it and without a courtesy call or email I was served with a judgement at my new job which I then lost. In order to avoid court we agreed on payments but no less than $100 minimum, INSANE. I paid at first scrambling together the money. Then I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and had to go on Disability. Still no compassion. Phone conversation turned rude in a heartbeat. The attitude of these people is unheard of. I never encountered such unprofessional people unwilling to help in any way. In hospital again because cancer returned and they hassle me for being behind and unwilling to help me out. Never have I been so pressured in a rude way without any inkling of empathy.

How these people can stay in business is unfathomable. Will contact BBB of Anaheim, California to launch major complaint.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My experience went great with LoanMe. The agent on the phone was extremely polite and in my opinion the only reason I went with this option. He stayed courteous, respectful and caring throughout the process which eased the approval process. He explained everything thoroughly and was honest and confident with his answers. Passed the approval, I was informed of every step accurately by email which was nice.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I needed a loan for my daughter tuition and LoanMe was able to grant me a loan. The application process was simple. I liked how easy and quickly my funds were deposited onto my account. It took less than an hour to complete and process my loan. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

LoanMe is an absolutely ripoff loan company! They rape you on interest rates because they can. I obtained a $2,600 loan on March 1, 2017 because I was in a financial bind. I have already paid back close to $2,700 over the last 9 months and I still owe them over $2,800. This is ridiculous! I cannot understand how their interest rates do not apply under Usury law. Their rates should be against the law. We are being taken advantage of and forced to pay super high interest rates. This loan is going to take forever to pay off and I am worse off now than I was before.

They charge the maximum interest rates and terms allowed by law to people who have few or no other options. It's not about help, it's about taking advantage of people in desperate situations. They are afforded all of the protection but who is going to protect us? Certainly not our state or government officials. They allow this to happen or turn a blind eye. I will never use this company nor any other similar company again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

The process was super easy and quick! Rachel ** was very friendly and knowledgeable of everything! Great way to consolidate debt if you plan on paying the loan off within a year or so. The interest will kill you. I was told all of this before I finalized my loan so I would know what to expect. All in all, very pleased so far.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Efficient, organized, prompt and friendly. The Agents were all up to date on the loan. Explained thoroughly. Recommend to pay loan off within three to four months, no prepaid payments, penalties would not be charged. Loan funds were deposited within a couple of hours.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

The people that helped me with the loan were nice, but kept asking for things, and when I would upload it, they would say they didn't need that (like uploading my bank statement then calling me and say that they didn't need my bank statement but needed something else). They were really nice guys, just disorganized. Overall it was not a bad experience, just a little confusing.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

For been my first loan with LoanMe it was great experience. Will tell more friends and family also co-works. Easy process and fast loan. My agent was so helpful. Thank you thank you again. Once I first with this loan one place I will came back to LoanMe.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

LOANME really helped me catch up financially, they had quick funding and great customer service. Alex was awesome. I was able to get current on some bills and pay car registration. This really got my family out of a bind and in a better position.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

You remind me to be accurate and fair with my comments. I would like to remind you to be fair with your practices. Yah, I took the loan, I needed to pay my employees after my bank account was wiped clean through fraud. I needed about $7k and got $7k. I was a repeat customer, so my fee was only 5%. The loan repayment terms are such that if minimum payments are paid over the 120 month term the total repayment will be $65,296.16 or nearly 1,000 times the disbursed amount of $6,650. Again, I knew what I was getting into and I needed to pay my employees.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I got my funds immediately. Especially I really need it that day. Representative are very helpful and polite. They answer your question in a friendly manner and honest advice. I like to recommend your good office to somebody that needs an emergency financial situation. More power to your company. And thank you for helping people like me that needs financial relieve.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I applied for a loan online and was contacted by Son **. He was very professional and explained everything as we went along. He even mentioned to me that I should be sure that I would want the loan. I would recommend your company to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

The process was fast and approved in a timely manner. Eric ** was polite, courteous, and explained the process. I was scared at first when I applied, because I read a lot of the complaints and good reviews, so I didn't know what to expect. Overall, great experience. I do plan on paying off the loan quick, thank you LM???

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

They have great customer service. Justin who worked with me was amazing. They will walk you through everything and are very fair and transparent. Please be aware these are ridiculously high interest rate high risk loans that are really for short term last resort situations. Do not expect to get a good rate. These are last resort emergency loans.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I was hesitant about calling LoanMe at first with the thought that I might be taken advantage of and end up being in a worse scenario than I already am with my debt. Turns out that it was the best decision for me to make. My LoanMe rep Peter, was patient, understanding, supportive, and most importantly guided me through every step and answered any question. The best part of LoanMe is knowing that I can breathe again, that even though I'll be making payments for a few years, they are payments that I can afford and I am now for the most part debt free. Thank you Peter and LoanMe for helping me in getting back on track.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

All persons I dealt with were very professional, handled my loan expeditiously and everything went very well down to the deposit into my account. They guided me through paperwork with ease and I did not have to leave my home and their system for doing the loan worked perfect.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Outstanding client service! Although the rate is exorbitant, it accommodates an immediate short term need. A bridge loan. This is my 3rd loan with LOANME. I am commissioned and this seems to be a quarterly occurrence bridging me between commissions.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My experience with LoanMe was very quick, fast, simple and great customer service getting back to you within minutes. Once I was approved LoanMe wired me the money the same day with great email communication as well to let me know the status. Thanks.

LoanMe questions and answers

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
Lack of transparency. LoanMe does its best to make the terms of the loan clear for customers before they decide to take a loan.
What is the greatest obstacle LoanMe is currently trying to overcome?
A number of sites online display primarily negative reviews on our products and service. This, however, does not reflect the voice of all our customers. A great majority of our customers are happy with our service and we would like to change the conversations online to show this.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past several years, it has been getting more and more difficult for the public to qualify for personal loans through traditional banks and other lenders. LoanMe is trying to fill the gap by helping customers who cannot find help through such traditional mediums.
How has LoanMe grown or evolved?
LoanMe has experience steady growth since 2013.
How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?
LoanMe is focusing a lot on growing its Prime and commercial loans. LoanMe’s goal is to offer its products to a broader range of credit holders.
Where do great ideas come from in your organization?
Great ideas come from customer feedback.
What problem is LoanMe trying to solve?
The goal is to protect a good public image for LoanMe’s young brand.
What sets LoanMe apart from the competition?
LoanMe has easily accessible loans for those with good credit and less than perfect credit, fast cash (cash in as fast as 3-4 hours) and low monthly payments.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our quick loans serve customers who need cash fast. Funds may be deposited directly in as fast as 3 – 4 hours.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about LoanMe?
Customers do not have to wait the full term of the loan to pay it off. Customers are able to pay off the loan at any time they like with no pre-payment penalties.
What are your company values?
LoanMe has a responsibility to its customers to be open and honest, to treat customers fairly, and to be safe and secure. These principles affect everything the LoanMe is involved in, including the way it lends money.

LoanMe Company Information

2013
1900 S. State College Blvd., Ste 300
Anaheim
www.loanme.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use