Call toll free
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2013, LoanMe authorizes personal loans from $2,600 to $100,000. The process is fast and easy and it's even possible to have money deposited into your checking account in as fast as 3-4 hours! With fixed monthly payments and no pre-payment penalties, LoanMe is your go-to personal lender for whatever life throws at you.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

398 LoanMe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I needed a loan for my daughter tuition and LoanMe was able to grant me a loan. The application process was simple. I liked how easy and quickly my funds were deposited onto my account. It took less than an hour to complete and process my loan. Thank you!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

LoanMe is an absolutely ripoff loan company! They rape you on interest rates because they can. I obtained a $2,600 loan on March 1, 2017 because I was in a financial bind. I have already paid back close to $2,700 over the last 9 months and I still owe them over $2,800. This is ridiculous! I cannot understand how their interest rates do not apply under Usury law. Their rates should be against the law. We are being taken advantage of and forced to pay super high interest rates. This loan is going to take forever to pay off and I am worse off now than I was before.

They charge the maximum interest rates and terms allowed by law to people who have few or no other options. It's not about help, it's about taking advantage of people in desperate situations. They are afforded all of the protection but who is going to protect us? Certainly not our state or government officials. They allow this to happen or turn a blind eye. I will never use this company nor any other similar company again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

The process was super easy and quick! Rachel ** was very friendly and knowledgeable of everything! Great way to consolidate debt if you plan on paying the loan off within a year or so. The interest will kill you. I was told all of this before I finalized my loan so I would know what to expect. All in all, very pleased so far.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Efficient, organized, prompt and friendly. The Agents were all up to date on the loan. Explained thoroughly. Recommend to pay loan off within three to four months, no prepaid payments, penalties would not be charged. Loan funds were deposited within a couple of hours.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

The people that helped me with the loan were nice, but kept asking for things, and when I would upload it, they would say they didn't need that (like uploading my bank statement then calling me and say that they didn't need my bank statement but needed something else). They were really nice guys, just disorganized. Overall it was not a bad experience, just a little confusing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LoanMe?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

For been my first loan with LoanMe it was great experience. Will tell more friends and family also co-works. Easy process and fast loan. My agent was so helpful. Thank you thank you again. Once I first with this loan one place I will came back to LoanMe.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

LOANME really helped me catch up financially, they had quick funding and great customer service. Alex was awesome. I was able to get current on some bills and pay car registration. This really got my family out of a bind and in a better position.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

You remind me to be accurate and fair with my comments. I would like to remind you to be fair with your practices. Yah, I took the loan, I needed to pay my employees after my bank account was wiped clean through fraud. I needed about $7k and got $7k. I was a repeat customer, so my fee was only 5%. The loan repayment terms are such that if minimum payments are paid over the 120 month term the total repayment will be $65,296.16 or nearly 1,000 times the disbursed amount of $6,650. Again, I knew what I was getting into and I needed to pay my employees.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I got my funds immediately. Especially I really need it that day. Representative are very helpful and polite. They answer your question in a friendly manner and honest advice. I like to recommend your good office to somebody that needs an emergency financial situation. More power to your company. And thank you for helping people like me that needs financial relieve.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I applied for a loan online and was contacted by Son **. He was very professional and explained everything as we went along. He even mentioned to me that I should be sure that I would want the loan. I would recommend your company to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

The process was fast and approved in a timely manner. Eric ** was polite, courteous, and explained the process. I was scared at first when I applied, because I read a lot of the complaints and good reviews, so I didn't know what to expect. Overall, great experience. I do plan on paying off the loan quick, thank you LM???

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

They have great customer service. Justin who worked with me was amazing. They will walk you through everything and are very fair and transparent. Please be aware these are ridiculously high interest rate high risk loans that are really for short term last resort situations. Do not expect to get a good rate. These are last resort emergency loans.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I was hesitant about calling LoanMe at first with the thought that I might be taken advantage of and end up being in a worse scenario than I already am with my debt. Turns out that it was the best decision for me to make. My LoanMe rep Peter, was patient, understanding, supportive, and most importantly guided me through every step and answered any question. The best part of LoanMe is knowing that I can breathe again, that even though I'll be making payments for a few years, they are payments that I can afford and I am now for the most part debt free. Thank you Peter and LoanMe for helping me in getting back on track.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

All persons I dealt with were very professional, handled my loan expeditiously and everything went very well down to the deposit into my account. They guided me through paperwork with ease and I did not have to leave my home and their system for doing the loan worked perfect.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Outstanding client service! Although the rate is exorbitant, it accommodates an immediate short term need. A bridge loan. This is my 3rd loan with LOANME. I am commissioned and this seems to be a quarterly occurrence bridging me between commissions.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My experience with LoanMe was very quick, fast, simple and great customer service getting back to you within minutes. Once I was approved LoanMe wired me the money the same day with great email communication as well to let me know the status. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Great customer service very fast and very helpful service. I like the fact that they explain word by word on the loan application to me. And felt good the way they were very patient and fast to help me with this loan. I would recommend a friend to LoanMe.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

This was Quick and Easy. The agent that helped me was very friendly. He help me throughout the whole process. The process only took about 15 mins to be approved and the money was in my account by the morning with a friendly email notifying me that the funds were available. I give them 2 thumbs up.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Staff is super friendly and understand how the human be, useful and very polite. I have trouble try to find the loan to fix my car. I apply so many place they are most the same way, ask so many paperwork and then when they run credit, "Oh!! It's not approve". I used to be their customer 2 years ago and I payoff, Charlie he is the best ever loaner. He help me find the way can walk pass bad time, he help me any way he can, can fund the loan in same day, and have good recommendation for you too. But Loan Me is real emergency money when you need. You have to pay it off as soon as possible because of high interest rate. I recommend you should have the way to manage your money and return it as soon as possible. Thank you very much again for LoanMe.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Process was good except for the online procedure. I find it difficult at times. Other than that I'm very happy with the time frame. My representative was very patient with me. Especially with the technical things with the computer &/or my cellphone. He guided me with the process very well.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Super fast! Got the money about three hours after applying! High quality customer service! The customer service representative was so nice, and responded to in a timely manner! At first I didn't think I'd qualify, but I did!!! I totally recommend them!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

This was probably the easiest process I've ever been through to obtain funding for my business or even on a personal level. Cataline was on point! She was prompt with emails and calls and made sure everything was handled properly and quickly. I would recommend her to anyone!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I would like to thank you guys and would gladly recommend you to a friend. I would also like to thank Henry ** for his hard work and dedication. He's one of the good ones. He worked hard to help me with the loan. He explained everything in detail and made sure I understood everything. He was patient and had a strong positive attitude.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I love the way that the customer rep Rachel, handle my loan. She has great people skills, in informing the customer on how, the loan process works. Also I would like to thank the company for employees like Rachel **.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

LoanMe is the only company that allows you to borrow more than $35,000 on a signature. The customer service was great and the loan was approved quickly. The only problem I have with the company is the loan origination fee that is taken off the top and reduces the amount of money you actually receive. The payback is for the full amount funded, but you're only receiving a net amount.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

LoanMe really helped me to jump start a dream project. Mauricio was fantastic to work with and helped me every step of the way! Because of this loan I now have the opportunity to dive in deep to my dreams and visions. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

The process of This loan was extremely easy and Professional. My representative Le ** worked around my busy schedule and was extremely accommodating and attentive. He exemplifies the meaning of friendliness and amazing customer service. The entire process was pleasant.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I was so please to finally get my loan approve. Was having problems before but I'm so glad I reapplied. I'm sorry I can't remember my loan officers name but he was very helpful in helping me out with questions I couldn't do myself.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Pleasure to work with, very fast process. Kind people. Will meet your needs if you are needing g this loan for what you are needing it for. Happy to have worked with such kind and caring person. Was on top of everything every step of the way!!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Crystal was an excellent contact. Listened to my needs, looked for solutions and followed up. She called to her supervisor to see if she could increase my loan amount. They consented to an increase but I did not accept because of the large cost. She did a great job.

LoanMe questions and answers

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
Lack of transparency. LoanMe does its best to make the terms of the loan clear for customers before they decide to take a loan.
What is the greatest obstacle LoanMe is currently trying to overcome?
A number of sites online display primarily negative reviews on our products and service. This, however, does not reflect the voice of all our customers. A great majority of our customers are happy with our service and we would like to change the conversations online to show this.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past several years, it has been getting more and more difficult for the public to qualify for personal loans through traditional banks and other lenders. LoanMe is trying to fill the gap by helping customers who cannot find help through such traditional mediums.
How has LoanMe grown or evolved?
LoanMe has experience steady growth since 2013.
How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?
LoanMe is focusing a lot on growing its Prime and commercial loans. LoanMe’s goal is to offer its products to a broader range of credit holders.
Where do great ideas come from in your organization?
Great ideas come from customer feedback.
What problem is LoanMe trying to solve?
The goal is to protect a good public image for LoanMe’s young brand.
What sets LoanMe apart from the competition?
LoanMe has easily accessible loans for those with good credit and less than perfect credit, fast cash (cash in as fast as 3-4 hours) and low monthly payments.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our quick loans serve customers who need cash fast. Funds may be deposited directly in as fast as 3 – 4 hours.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about LoanMe?
Customers do not have to wait the full term of the loan to pay it off. Customers are able to pay off the loan at any time they like with no pre-payment penalties.
What are your company values?
LoanMe has a responsibility to its customers to be open and honest, to treat customers fairly, and to be safe and secure. These principles affect everything the LoanMe is involved in, including the way it lends money.

LoanMe Company Information