Call toll free
Call toll free
4.51/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2013, LoanMe authorizes personal loans from $2,600 to $100,000. The process is fast and easy and it's even possible to have money deposited into your checking account in as fast as 3-4 hours! With fixed monthly payments and no pre-payment penalties, LoanMe is your go-to personal lender for whatever life throws at you.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

505 LoanMe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I was going through a rough time. I decided to take out the loan. I was doing good until I couldn’t keep up with the payment. I told them my situation and they told me we would basically refinance the loan where I wouldn’t pay any interest. My mistake was that I didn’t ask anything in writing trusting them in their word. Time passed and I was waiting on the tax money to pay. When I call to tell them I was going to pay they told me my account was with another company. I called the company and they told them I had to pay them 5000 because I didn’t pay anything to LoanMe which is false because I did pay money to LoanMe. When trying to contact LoanMe they claim they didn’t know that company. They're such a mess as a company. Seriously don’t know why they're letting them rip off people. Companies like this shouldn’t exist.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Great customer service. Peter respond to all my questions. He make me feel very comfortable. The only thing is interest is really high and I will like to see more consideration to customers in time of need. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I am very happy with the quality of service that I received from LoanMe! Their Representative, John **, was very helpful, courteous and above all, professional! I highly recommend LoanMe to anyone looking for a way to remedy any financial emergency or concern. Thank you John **! You're the best!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Alex, was very helpful and informed me of all the loan and gave me time to decide with no pressure. He understood my need and the service was fast and meet all my needs. Alex, responded to all of my questions and responded fast.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that Alex was so helpful. Thanks for your business!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I applied for a loan but they wouldn't approve me for the $5000 I needed, but for a "minimum" only of $7600, but $2508 is origination documentation fee. When she, Holly, went over the terms I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I thought it was because of the terrible non-English speaking, so I emailed and it turned out to be right. 89.90% for 84 MONTHS. I asked if they was high off crazy, that's more than a house. SCAM. SHAM. They need to be shut down. I then heard their ads on the radio stating rates starting as low as 8%. Really?

LoanMe response

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. You are correct that there is an origination fee associated with our loans. Consumers are comfortable with varying interest rates depending on their personal situation and interest rates are determined by multiple factors. Thank you for reviewing LoanMe.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LoanMe?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I was struggling to pay some credit cards and call to LoanMe to apply for a personal loan, the amount of the loan was $3100, but the interest rate that were giving me it was 120%, with monthly payments of $320 per month, in such a way that the $3100 original loan, was going to pay the end $12,000. Please avoid this fraudulent company to apply for loans, seek alternatives.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Loan Me was so quick with a loan approval and with the transfer of funds. Everyone I spoke with were so professional and caring. The interest rate is very competitive and fair, so much better than any other lender I spoke with. I highly recommend their services!

LoanMe response

We are glad to hear that you have had such pleasant lending experience working with LoanMe. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

They don’t tell you once you pay $2.40 goes towards principal and 400 toward the interest. Don’t ever use. You will never pay off!! I would give them zero stars but it won’t let me. Don’t use. Don’t use!!! Thank nice you. You tell them to take the money back and they take $75 for nothing!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

With LoanMe you can almost do everything online, making the process much more expedite and at your pace. Very fast deposit time. My loan has a very high interest rate, but at least they let you know couple of times how much you would be paying.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear that we could provide you with the necessary information to make an informed decision. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Micah ** rep made this process effortless and quite pleasant. I was declined by another lender and called LoanMe and from the get go the service was impeccable. I got approved quickly and recieved my loan same day! Micah made sure I was taken care of and made several callbacks throughout the process. He is truly a star and got me the help I needed desperately.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that Micah was helpful and and took great care of you! Thanks for your business!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The service given to me by Melanie was great! She helped tremendously and was able to have me processed quickly. The money transfer was seamless and was a great help. I would definitely recommend a friend. Thank you. Awesome experience. LoanMe has help amazingly.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that Melanie was able to help and make things seamless. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Kerrigan was pleasant and professional and made the whole process transparent, simple, fast and efficient. I had my money within 48 hours. I was extremely satisfied with the process. I have used LoanMe before and I will use them again.

LoanMe response

We are glad to hear that you have had such pleasant lending experience working with LoanMe. we love our repeat customers! Thanks for your business!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I just want to say thank you for providing such great customer service. My rep., Micah,was very accommodating to my situation which allowed me to receive my funds promptly. I would definitely refer anyone in need of a loan to this company. I truly appreciate you.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that you are very satisfied with your lending experience!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Trang was awesome, she was very helpful, got my loan processed within a few hrs. She answered all my questions. Needed the money in a hurry and she made it happen. I have horrible credit, and I’m working on it, but this loan helped me a great deal by putting my family in a way better position. Thanks LoanMe.

LoanMe response

Thank you so much for taking the time to review LoanMe! We always love to hear that our business reps like Trang are doing such a good job!! Thanks again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I am very thanks LoanMe, and I will highly recommend to all my friends. I think as long as any person qualify enough, they can get fair loan quickly. LoanMe is the right company. In here I hope I have a chance to thank Loan Agent Cynthia **, because her experience and let me follow her steps.

LoanMe response

Thank you so much for taking the time to review LoanMe! We always love to hear that you will recommend us to your friends! Thanks again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I was told I was approved and the only step left was to verify my income, which I did. The rep, Paul, came back and asked me about an account for a not-for-profit board I am on. He wanted me to use that account instead. I explained it is not a personal account and it would be inappropriate for me to use. I NEVER gave him that account number and he refused to disclose how he got it. After refusing to authorize LoanMe and Paul to that account, all of a sudden I was no longer approved and no reason was provided and he refused to tell me how he even got the account number. I called and emailed and he still refused to answer. Very shady and very wrong for them to ask me for access to a not-for-profit business account.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Very thorough. Always prepared me for next steps. There were no surprises. Melanie was very friendly and professional. Received all of my documents in a timely manner. I received a welcome call almost immediately. This made me feel comfortable about my decision and I will recommend these services to friends and family.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Was very grateful for LoanMe to give me a loan for more than expected when others wouldn't. Thank you. I was able to get caught up with my bills and I will refer you to my friends. Time to pay back is awesome.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear that you have had such pleasant lending experience working with LoanMe. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Alex was great, informative, and helpful. He called back when he said he would and basically made this a painless process. I wouldn’t have gone with LoanMe except he made it so easy and informative. He explained upfront all the steps to the process and all the costs and how things would be handled. I really appreciated it.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear that Alex gave such great customer service! Thanks for your business!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I was really hesitant to apply for a loan online, but the person helping me was great. He helped me get my loan quickly, hassle free. Thanks to this company I was able to resolve a problem quickly which greatly relieved my stress.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear that everything was quick and hassle free!. Thanks for your business!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

First off, I will mention that I do appreciate how quickly I was able to receive the funds, since it was an emergency. That was very helpful and the ONLY reason I’m giving the 1 star I’m giving. The customer service was AWFUL. The rep I worked with, Ethan **, was probably the rudest, most condescending representative I have ever had the displeasure of working with. He talked to me like I was incompetent, he talked over me, he rushed me and he was just rude. I didn’t like his tone or just working with him in any capacity. Ethan really ruined my day and the fact that I had to deal with him the following day, put me in another awful mood.

I work in Customer service in a call center environment, so I know how to work with people and have an expectation of customer service and if the type of service Ethan provides is a standard for this company, you are really missing the mark. If these funds weren’t a necessity and an emergency, I would’ve discontinued my request immediately. Even thinking about Ethan as I write this review is boiling my blood. Yes, it was that bad. Even the second rep I spoke with (can’t recall his name) seemed to rush the call and just had no phone skills, but I preferred him over Ethan, for sure because at least he wasn’t rude.

I hope this company takes better pride in providing its service to consumers. Service is more than just lending out money with a ridiculous APR to gouge people for all they’re worth. Service is in the way people are treated and the impression left on them after the experience. My ultimate goal is pay this loan back as soon as humanly possible so that I will never have to work with the terrible service ever again. I wouldn’t recommend LoanMe to anyone, I don’t care how desperate they are. I wish I wasn’t desperate so I wouldn’t have even put myself in this position to have to work with this company or pay back this loan. I know compensation is out of the question, but I really hope some type of resolution is made because my experience was beyond unacceptable.

Hi Lyndsey.
Thank you for taking the time to review LoanMe.
I would like to extend an apology for your experience in working with LoanMe. We strive to provide each client with an excellent lending experience, and we are actively working to improve service levels to better meet our customers needs.
I will pass this information on for further review.

Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I gave Loan Me an opportunity to see if I take a small loan to help rebuild my credit and not only did they get me approved it was done and funds wherein my account same day! I would recommend to anyone trying to build their credit and just looking for fast and way approval! Mark ** made it even easier and responded to all my calls and answers professionally! Thank you Mark and Loan me!

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am so glad that Mark and LoanMe could help with rebuilding your credit, . Thanks for your business!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Outstanding customer service with Mr. Kerrigan **. He communicate with me through the entire process and always called be back, as promised. He explain the agreement with me very thoroughly. I will definitely recommend Loan Me to family and friends.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear Mr Kerrigan took such good care of you and we always love to hear that you will recommend us to family and friends! Thanks for your business!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

My experience was great. All of the people who helped me were polite and knowledgeable, and they made sure I understood the process at every step. Special thanks to Tim ** and the other people from the Irvine office who assisted me.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear that you have had such pleasant lending experience working with Tim and LoanMe. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Have utilized LoanMe for short-term loans for about 6 months now. The initial application and funding process was slightly tedious. Recently, I was able to refinance my loan which included; receiving some additional funds, paying off my prior loan which resulted in a positive report on my credit reports for paying off the original, and the start of a new loan and payment schedule. The process for the refinance was fairly quick and easy and then once approved, the funds were deposited in my account in literally a few hours. Although the rates for the loan and the loan payment schedule are extremely costly, I know that I will be paying the loan off at the end of the year with no pre-payment penalty. The representative made it very clear how expensive the loan would cost if I don't pay it off sooner rather than later, so no hidden costs. Overall, a good experience with LoanMe so far.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I was given very good treatment by Jacob **! He was very well educated about the company and process. I just wish there were loans that weren’t so much bigger especially with this interest rate! I am glad that I was able to get a new loan quickly and received my money rapidly! Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I felt vulnerable in the beginning of this process and John ** made the whole experience comfortable and safe, he was kind and compassionate, even when I had a difficult time understanding what was required of me. He did make me feel bad in needing the loan. Grateful and appreciative.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Was help out by James ** was courteous and responsive. Made the whole process easy will definitely tell anyone who is looking for this type of product. The process took less than one day, and I was blown away. I know the product is a little expensive, but this works for me and am thankful for their help.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have used Loan Me 3 times now, it is very easy and the staff are so friendly. Just always pay it back within a few months and the rates aren't bad. I'll always come back to them because they have treated me right 3 times now.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear that you have had such pleasant lending experiences working with LoanMe. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

They have not only made significant errors on my account numerous times, then tried to charge me a return fee because they issued an UNAUTHORIZED charge, steal money from people, can't speak English and cant communicate properly... Everything about this scam company is criminal. Including a 180% interest rate so the $543 I paid for my loan each month, only .27 CENTS went to the principal amount!!! I am going to take them to court if they don't figure my account out and stop ripping people off!

LoanMe expert review by Barbara Friedberg

LoanMe offers unsecured installment loans to consumers and businesses. The company's primary focus is to provide personal or small business lending solutions. The company offers loans from $2,600 to $100,000 for purposes such as debt consolidation or costs associated with starting a new business. LoanMe streamlines the loan application process, making it easier for consumers.

• Loan range: LoanMe offers personal loans ranging from $2,600-$100,000. This wide range gives consumers several options to choose a loan amount that meets their needs, even if they do not own a home.

• Direct deposit: With application approval, consumers can receive their loan funds via direct deposit into a checking account.

• Automatic payment withdrawals: LoanMe automates the loan repayment process, withdrawing loan payments from the borrower's bank account based on an agreed-upon repayment schedule.

• Three ways to apply for a loan: Applicants can call the company toll-free to begin the loan application process with a live agent, complete the process online or use the company's website to request a callback from a live agent.

• Best for: LoanMe's services are best for anyone looking for an unsecured personal consumer loan, individual's ineligible for typical bank or credit union loans and those facing financial hardship.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg
Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor

LoanMe questions and answers

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
Lack of transparency. LoanMe does its best to make the terms of the loan clear for customers before they decide to take a loan.
What is the greatest obstacle LoanMe is currently trying to overcome?
A number of sites online display primarily negative reviews on our products and service. This, however, does not reflect the voice of all our customers. A great majority of our customers are happy with our service and we would like to change the conversations online to show this.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past several years, it has been getting more and more difficult for the public to qualify for personal loans through traditional banks and other lenders. LoanMe is trying to fill the gap by helping customers who cannot find help through such traditional mediums.
How has LoanMe grown or evolved?
LoanMe has experience steady growth since 2013.
How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?
LoanMe is focusing a lot on growing its Prime and commercial loans. LoanMe’s goal is to offer its products to a broader range of credit holders.
Where do great ideas come from in your organization?
Great ideas come from customer feedback.
What problem is LoanMe trying to solve?
The goal is to protect a good public image for LoanMe’s young brand.
What sets LoanMe apart from the competition?
LoanMe has easily accessible loans for those with good credit and less than perfect credit, fast cash (cash in as fast as 3-4 hours) and low monthly payments.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our quick loans serve customers who need cash fast. Funds may be deposited directly in as fast as 3 – 4 hours.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about LoanMe?
Customers do not have to wait the full term of the loan to pay it off. Customers are able to pay off the loan at any time they like with no pre-payment penalties.
What are your company values?
LoanMe has a responsibility to its customers to be open and honest, to treat customers fairly, and to be safe and secure. These principles affect everything the LoanMe is involved in, including the way it lends money.

LoanMe Company Information