Call toll free
Call toll free
4.53/5
Based on 483 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2013, LoanMe authorizes personal loans from $2,600 to $100,000. The process is fast and easy and it's even possible to have money deposited into your checking account in as fast as 3-4 hours! With fixed monthly payments and no pre-payment penalties, LoanMe is your go-to personal lender for whatever life throws at you.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

484 LoanMe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

First off, I will mention that I do appreciate how quickly I was able to receive the funds, since it was an emergency. That was very helpful and the ONLY reason I’m giving the 1 star I’m giving. The customer service was AWFUL. The rep I worked with, Ethan **, was probably the rudest, most condescending representative I have ever had the displeasure of working with. He talked to me like I was incompetent, he talked over me, he rushed me and he was just rude. I didn’t like his tone or just working with him in any capacity. Ethan really ruined my day and the fact that I had to deal with him the following day, put me in another awful mood.

I work in Customer service in a call center environment, so I know how to work with people and have an expectation of customer service and if the type of service Ethan provides is a standard for this company, you are really missing the mark. If these funds weren’t a necessity and an emergency, I would’ve discontinued my request immediately. Even thinking about Ethan as I write this review is boiling my blood. Yes, it was that bad. Even the second rep I spoke with (can’t recall his name) seemed to rush the call and just had no phone skills, but I preferred him over Ethan, for sure because at least he wasn’t rude.

I hope this company takes better pride in providing its service to consumers. Service is more than just lending out money with a ridiculous APR to gouge people for all they’re worth. Service is in the way people are treated and the impression left on them after the experience. My ultimate goal is pay this loan back as soon as humanly possible so that I will never have to work with the terrible service ever again. I wouldn’t recommend LoanMe to anyone, I don’t care how desperate they are. I wish I wasn’t desperate so I wouldn’t have even put myself in this position to have to work with this company or pay back this loan. I know compensation is out of the question, but I really hope some type of resolution is made because my experience was beyond unacceptable.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I gave Loan Me an opportunity to see if I take a small loan to help rebuild my credit and not only did they get me approved it was done and funds wherein my account same day! I would recommend to anyone trying to build their credit and just looking for fast and way approval! Mark ** made it even easier and responded to all my calls and answers professionally! Thank you Mark and Loan me!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Outstanding customer service with Mr. Kerrigan **. He communicate with me through the entire process and always called be back, as promised. He explain the agreement with me very thoroughly. I will definitely recommend Loan Me to family and friends.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

My experience was great. All of the people who helped me were polite and knowledgeable, and they made sure I understood the process at every step. Special thanks to Tim ** and the other people from the Irvine office who assisted me.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Have utilized LoanMe for short-term loans for about 6 months now. The initial application and funding process was slightly tedious. Recently, I was able to refinance my loan which included; receiving some additional funds, paying off my prior loan which resulted in a positive report on my credit reports for paying off the original, and the start of a new loan and payment schedule. The process for the refinance was fairly quick and easy and then once approved, the funds were deposited in my account in literally a few hours. Although the rates for the loan and the loan payment schedule are extremely costly, I know that I will be paying the loan off at the end of the year with no pre-payment penalty. The representative made it very clear how expensive the loan would cost if I don't pay it off sooner rather than later, so no hidden costs. Overall, a good experience with LoanMe so far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LoanMe?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I was given very good treatment by Jacob **! He was very well educated about the company and process. I just wish there were loans that weren’t so much bigger especially with this interest rate! I am glad that I was able to get a new loan quickly and received my money rapidly! Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I felt vulnerable in the beginning of this process and John ** made the whole experience comfortable and safe, he was kind and compassionate, even when I had a difficult time understanding what was required of me. He did make me feel bad in needing the loan. Grateful and appreciative.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Was help out by James ** was courteous and responsive. Made the whole process easy will definitely tell anyone who is looking for this type of product. The process took less than one day, and I was blown away. I know the product is a little expensive, but this works for me and am thankful for their help.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have used Loan Me 3 times now, it is very easy and the staff are so friendly. Just always pay it back within a few months and the rates aren't bad. I'll always come back to them because they have treated me right 3 times now.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear that you have had such pleasant lending experiences working with LoanMe. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

They have not only made significant errors on my account numerous times, then tried to charge me a return fee because they issued an UNAUTHORIZED charge, steal money from people, can't speak English and cant communicate properly... Everything about this scam company is criminal. Including a 180% interest rate so the $543 I paid for my loan each month, only .27 CENTS went to the principal amount!!! I am going to take them to court if they don't figure my account out and stop ripping people off!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Excellent service. Mr ** was very helpful, courteous and efficient. He called to follow up and walk me thru the process. Will recommend LoanMe to my friends and will use it again and again. LoanMe make it easy and very helpful in difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Amazing customer service, extremely helpful, and very human. I had a lot going on just needed a little help and understanding. The representative that helped me completely understood and was very patient with me. Got immediate callbacks and all my questions answered! Will definitely recommend to all my friends and family. A+ from this customer.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I couldn't be happier with my experience getting a loan through LoanMe. It was fast, efficient and hassle-free. Everything was clearly explained and made understandable. My loan was processed in one day and the money was in my account. Excellent work! Thank you.

Original review: July 23, 2018

LoanMe was a simple, easy, no hassle process. Got my money the same day, just a few questions and I was on my way to be less dresses and making the purchase that I really needed to make by the upcoming weekend.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I had a great experience! The process was fast and easy! The Loan Officer was very professional and the process went exactly the way he said it would. I was able to get the funds same day! I will definitely use again in the future should I need money prior to payday.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Easy and fast to apply and they have an answer within minutes. Was recommended to LoanMe and I am so pleased with their service, quickness and politeness and professionalism. I know that I would keep returning to them as long as I can.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I had a very pleasant experience with LoanMe in granting a loan to assist me on short notice. I contacted them; a representative responded right away. They were courteous, professional, and honest upfront. Thank you LoanMe for your assistance.

Original review: July 20, 2018

John ** was great. He assisted me with professionalism and excellent customer service. Also the customer service rep who called me after our loan funded Had excellent customer service skills. Thank you for your help during this difficult financial time for us. We felt respected by everyone we spoke with.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I dealt with Mauricio and I have never had a loan go this smooth. Mauricio was very professional and answered all my questions I am very pleased with the service he provided me with. Thank you Loan Me you guys are great. Will be using you for all my loans.

Original review: July 19, 2018

The process was nearly immediate. Very intentional conversation with no fillers. All agents were informative, helpful, & patient. The interest rate is outrageous, so my plan is to pay off loan quickly (2 months). Two-thirds of my loan will be sent back immediately to pay mostly towards the principal. I have no one in my personal life to borrow a thousand dollars from until I stabilized my bill due dates. I literally had no gas money when I decided to apply for the loan. I recommend my loan terms solely for very strategic, knowledgeable, & disciplined borrowers that are in a majorly desperate situation. The loan terms are not to the benefit of a long-term payoff. I only agreed to loan because there is no prepayment penalty. As far as the agents are concerned, they are virtually perfect assistants with exceptional follow-up.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Very honest and upfront customer service assistance. Useful payment options to assist the customer in paying off his/her loan. Quick responsive call center with short hold times. Secure and safe to use with personal information. I would definitely recommend LoanMe to others who seek a safe and secure way to borrow money for those who need it.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I just want to say that my agent Matthew was very helpful with the loan application process. He kept me informed on the status of my application and thoroughly explained and answered all my questions. I would highly recommend LoanMe to my friends and family. The application process was quick, especially at a time when it was most needed. Gave me a little breathing room and less worry. Thank you so much LoanMe.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I was very satisfied by Loan Me. They were quick in the loan process and I got the best deal possible to consolidate my debts. The loan officer was very kind and understood my needs. I will deal with them again and would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The Representative helped me qualify for instant approval without fail. The process was quick and simple and he made it sound like it was super easy and not as difficult as I can imagine. When the agent read the disclosure at the end, he had given me a heads up that the outstanding balance of the loan I was taking out was substantially going to be higher than usual to not panic and just quickly pay off the loan as soon as possible. Very good and well supported agent. Thank you.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Banks will not lend a dime if you don't have perfect credit. Which if you have great credit you be probably not need small loan. With this loan I was able to pay bills before things got worse. I was able to sleep at night.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I've had an installment loan with LoanMe since 1/18/2017. I now realize since I'm only paying the required monthly amount, the largest payment is going to the interest and not the principal. My monthly payments are $294 and only $ 8.00 go to the principal. The rest is interest. So, you never get ahead, and it seems like a hopeless situation. Since last year, I have paid the $2600 back twice. I'm looking for a way to sue these people and put them out of business.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I got a loan from this company with my first payment due on July 2nd. However, they processed the payment on June 29th. I called them and they blamed my bank. Their "customer complaint" department called me and said "we do this all the time". She flat out admitted that they submit payments early and basically said, "oh well"... isn't this illegal? BE AWARE! Hard money scammers at their finest!

LoanMe response

Jill, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We understand your concern and appreciate the opportunity to help clarify this matter. It is never our intention to withdraw monies owed from your account prior to the draft date. All draft requests are sent to banks on the business day prior to the date of the draft request. In your case, the due date for your installment payment fell on a Sunday, July 1st. Therefore the business day prior to that date was Friday, June 29th. Our draft request was sent to your bank with specific instructions, which advised of the date & time that we wish to initiate the draft – which was Monday, July 2nd. There may be instances where your financial institution will reserve funds for the upcoming draft, or may not abide by our specific instructions – this we have no control over. In the future, if you run into a situation where you are unsure that funds will be available for the upcoming draft, we ask that you provide us with at least a 3 business day notice in order to assist you with making proper arrangements for your account. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 844-764-7368.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Rogelio helped me through the process, he was very patient with me and very understanding of my needs and situation. The whole process was very quick, which is exactly what I needed. Highly recommend if you are in need of a loan!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was very satisfied with how the loan process was handled and I am very happy I was able to receive a loan, however I spoke with a gentleman saying my first month's payment would be credited and I would only owe 267 instead of 367. Well the 367 was taken out anyways and I called and the lady said that I was misled and that wasn't true, so I budgeted this week thinking I would only have the 267 taken out and now I hardly have any money to feed my kids with. So I am very upset and not sure what I am going to do this week. So thank you for giving me false information.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Laura **, who was my loan agent, could Not have been Better. She was professional and personable and reminded me that True Customer Service is not a thing of the past!! Kudos to Laura for going the extra mile and standing by her word!!!

LoanMe expert review by Barbara Friedberg

LoanMe offers unsecured installment loans to consumers and businesses. The company's primary focus is to provide personal or small business lending solutions. The company offers loans from $2,600 to $100,000 for purposes such as debt consolidation or costs associated with starting a new business. LoanMe streamlines the loan application process, making it easier for consumers.

• Loan range: LoanMe offers personal loans ranging from $2,600-$100,000. This wide range gives consumers several options to choose a loan amount that meets their needs, even if they do not own a home.

• Direct deposit: With application approval, consumers can receive their loan funds via direct deposit into a checking account.

• Automatic payment withdrawals: LoanMe automates the loan repayment process, withdrawing loan payments from the borrower's bank account based on an agreed-upon repayment schedule.

• Three ways to apply for a loan: Applicants can call the company toll-free to begin the loan application process with a live agent, complete the process online or use the company's website to request a callback from a live agent.

• Best for: LoanMe's services are best for anyone looking for an unsecured personal consumer loan, individual's ineligible for typical bank or credit union loans and those facing financial hardship.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg
Barbara Friedberg

Personal Finance Contributing Editor

LoanMe questions and answers

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
Lack of transparency. LoanMe does its best to make the terms of the loan clear for customers before they decide to take a loan.
What is the greatest obstacle LoanMe is currently trying to overcome?
A number of sites online display primarily negative reviews on our products and service. This, however, does not reflect the voice of all our customers. A great majority of our customers are happy with our service and we would like to change the conversations online to show this.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past several years, it has been getting more and more difficult for the public to qualify for personal loans through traditional banks and other lenders. LoanMe is trying to fill the gap by helping customers who cannot find help through such traditional mediums.
How has LoanMe grown or evolved?
LoanMe has experience steady growth since 2013.
How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?
LoanMe is focusing a lot on growing its Prime and commercial loans. LoanMe’s goal is to offer its products to a broader range of credit holders.
Where do great ideas come from in your organization?
Great ideas come from customer feedback.
What problem is LoanMe trying to solve?
The goal is to protect a good public image for LoanMe’s young brand.
What sets LoanMe apart from the competition?
LoanMe has easily accessible loans for those with good credit and less than perfect credit, fast cash (cash in as fast as 3-4 hours) and low monthly payments.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our quick loans serve customers who need cash fast. Funds may be deposited directly in as fast as 3 – 4 hours.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about LoanMe?
Customers do not have to wait the full term of the loan to pay it off. Customers are able to pay off the loan at any time they like with no pre-payment penalties.
What are your company values?
LoanMe has a responsibility to its customers to be open and honest, to treat customers fairly, and to be safe and secure. These principles affect everything the LoanMe is involved in, including the way it lends money.

LoanMe Company Information

2013
1900 S. State College Blvd., Ste 300
Anaheim
www.loanme.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business