1.28/5
Based on 292 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a payday & title loan lender?

301 Advance America Cash Advance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 5, 2018

On July 5, 2018 I received a call from Advance America saying that I was approved for a $5000 loan. The first person that I spoke with was a lady (sounded Indian) informing me that I was approved for the loan and what my monthly fee would be and for how long. Ex: 153 for 36 months. I was then transferred to another person that would give me additional information. That person's name was "David **" also (Sounded Indian) asking me to verify my banking information in addition to giving him my login Id and my password. When I asked why did he need to know my login Id and password of my bank account, it said it was for "verification purposes". David told me that they need to put money into my account and I needed to send it back to them. I was instructed to go to a 24 hr Wal-Mart between the hours 6:00 and-7:00 am.

I told David that MoneyGram is not open at that time, he said all I needed was to be at the store at that time and he would call me and tell me what to do. He said "different payment options". Well I didn't trust David, after I googled and found comments that were about this same company. I was so nervous that I called my fiancé and told him about it, and asked him what did he think? He told me don't deal with them, he thinks that it's a scam. I then logged into my bank account and changed my password. I'm very thankful for the information that I found on this site. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I received a text stating my loan was approved. Seemed creditable. $5000 loan $151 a month... sounds good... too good to be true! 12 hours later my bank closed my account! I was already -$700 in my account... so whatever AAC did cause my account to be closed... after being with the bank for over 10 years! I'm just glad I was already minus so they couldn't take anything! The indian man claimed he would call me back after taking my info and talking to his supervisor but of course never called me back. When I call back there is no answer now! I needed to change banks anyway but I didn't want to be involved in a scam to change banks!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 15, 2018

I was contacted by Advance America by text message saying I was approved for a 5000.00 dollar loan and to call the loan manager Daniel **. I had been contacted by these people before and was told that if I gave them 220.00 dollars for an initiation fee that they would give it back to me with the 5000.00 dollar loan but luckily just before I got this text message I had been sent a check from another place wanting me to do mystery shopping for them for 3200.00 dollars and I had to open a bank account to deposit the check in order to get the cash I needed to do this mystery thing for Western Union and MoneyGram so I did and when I gave my banker the check she said it was a fraudulent check and told me anytime I got something like it or had to pay someone to get a loan that it was fraud also.

So I got lucky twice but they just sent me another one today so I decided to look them up and found this about them. I feel for everyone who has been taken by these people. Why can't anyone or anything be done to stop these people? I didn't think our government or law enforcement put up with this kind of crap. Something should be done. This is America, not America ripoff.

Original review: May 4, 2018

About 12 pm May 3, 2018 my mother who is 73 and had no mobility in her leg was trying to make a payment. She was in the car but was unable to come go inside. She sent her daughter with the money and the check so that it could be rewritten but was unsuccessful. The lady told me that she had to come in. She has been a customer for a long time and never had a problem with her legs before now. I understood everything the lady or cashier was saying, she has gone to other check cashing facilities and they came to the car and let her sign the papers and let her rewrite her check.

Why couldn't this company do the same if she was in front of the building and was trying to make a payment and rewrite. They literally wanted her to walk on her cripple leg. Please help me understand. This is causing you to lose a customer and when one customer talk about a bad or good experience it either give you more customers or less customers. I understand the person is doing their job but let's be real.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Got a call from this guy called Jim ** stating he was from Advance America loan. His telephone number is **. Well he has a strong Indian accent. He’s a **. Got me for 700 hundred dollars negative my account 1800 dollars. This guy called asking if I apply saying I’ve been approved for 10,000 and then he needs all my info to send over the money. He asked me to go get Steam cards iTunes cards and send pictures to him so he can verify that I’m a good client for this loan.

Man long story short Advance America it’s a damn SCAM. These people call you with all your application information, take your money and you ** afterwards cause when you call Advance America they don’t know nothing about someone acting like they work for their company, getting all these applications and scamming people for all they got. I hope whoever it is get caught and rot in jail. You just don’t do such thing and this will be my last time ever doing something like this online. Advance America SCAM people. Don’t be another victim...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance America Cash Advance?

Original review: April 9, 2018

I received a call from someone with a thick Indian Accent on 04/09/2018 asking me if I was still looking for a loan. I said yes, so he proceeded to tell me that I was approved for $5k. I said I did not want that much, I only wanted $600.00, to which he replied that the minimum was $1500 to be paid back at $70 a month for 24 months. I figured it out and it only came to about $156 in interest which I thought sounded great (too good to be true actually). He then verified all my information which most of which he already had including my address, and the last 4 #'s of my bank account. Which I did not think of as odd as I had been looking for a loan.

He then said that because of my low credit score that he would have his financial team deposited a "small" amount into my account to verify that everything was ok. They could not deposit the entire amount until it was "verified". I asked him how much they would deposit and he replied $800!! That was the instant red flag, so I told him, "Thanks but no thanks." I did not want that done and to forget the whole thing and hung up. He called back immediately and I did not answer the phone, however when he called back a 2nd time, I had my husband answer and they had some not so pleasant words to say to each other. Without going into the details, it ended up with my husband extremely angry at what he was told to do.

We called back and when they finally picked up, the guy immediately told my husband to go ** his mother, and my husband replied that we would report him to the BBB and Consumer Affairs... Which we are doing right now. Watch out for these guys and if tell you they want to deposit an exorbitant amount into your account before they can deposit the loan amount... Hang up QUICKLY. And don't answer when they call back or you'll get cussed out just like my husband did. Bad people at this place and karma will get them and bite them in the ass eventually... Hopefully.

Original review: April 9, 2018

This was a different person and number ** and name was David from Advance America. ID **. They deposited a fraudulent check for $24, 884 into my account and wanted me to cash it and buy Steam Cards for that amount for verification. Now I have to pay it back to my bank before I can even get into my account.

Original review: March 13, 2018

This is not regarding the real Advance America... these two guys, Roger & Richard pretend that they are from there... Geez, I got royally screwed. Roger/Richard called me regarding a loan, since I needed one and my credit is bad I went for it. They sent 500 as a mini loan to upgrade my credit with them. I had to send the money back via a Steam Card. Everything ok, then the next day they say that I need to show 200, then 300... at midnight I will get the loan and monies sent. Guess what... I'm still waiting. They don't answer or respond to text.

I called the Advance America with area code 217. John said that was a scam and that I probably wouldn't get my money back. Have been trying to contact the card, Steam - of course, everything is on the net. Can't find a number unless I install the application. Called its subsidiary - computer hell again. I'm googling and leaving posts like this as well as contacting the FBI IC3 - hopefully they can help FYI - Don't be a sucker, like me.

Updated on 04/14/2018: I had been searching for a loan and applying just about everywhere. Now of course, my cell phone is being inundated with text messages from various “lenders”. A while ago I had applied and received an online loan, and it worked out ok, so I thought, one more time. Anyway, I got a text message on Friday evening (3/2/18) regarding lending. I replied that “unless you can help me, don’t send me any more texts”. I apply at one place, they can’t find a lender for me, then a window pops up with other lenders to apply and so forth, it’s a never-ending cycle...

Monday morning (3/5/18), Roger (I’m sure it’s an alias, he also has a heavy accent – from Pakistan or similar country), contacted me regarding a loan. When I spoke with "Roger" he said that… “since my credit was not good, we need to build it up... I'll send you $500 and you return it to me the next day, that would increase your credit with us…” Well I did receive the $500 and the next day I returned it. A lot of texting went on and phone calls. I was told that the loan would be deposited that evening. I checked my bank - nothing.

The next day, Roger called me in the morning, that I need to show "funding" if I can send $200 and that it was for “the funding Dept.”, then a couple hours later, I got another text that stated he requires an additional $300. I told him that first, I had to borrow the $200, I told him that there was no way of me getting an additional $300, if I had $500 in my account, I wouldn’t be looking for a loan… but because he stated that the “transaction is ready now”, “If you are not interested, I can cancel, but you will lose your $200”. “All the paperwork is done, and the loan is in the “system”.

If I can’t send the $300, and cancel the loan, then I lose the $200. So, I scrambled and borrowed $300 and sent it. Then he texted "You will be receiving your loan amount in your account and refund your funds”. I spoke with him again and was told that the monies would be deposited and should clear my account by midnight (03/12/18). I checked my bank account several times throughout the night/morning - no deposit. I sent text messages and called - no replies or response.

My last/final text stated that if I don't receive my money by 8:00 PM my time (I called at 8:30PM and extended it till midnight) that I have “In Pending” filed complaints with every site that pops up on Google and contacted the FBI Internet Crimes Division and every other law enforcement and government agency - which I’ve done and still doing! To this date, nothing. NOTE: Also, I contacted Advance America (Googled using area code 271). Spoke with "John". He stated that they are not affiliated and that it’s a scam - I probably won't see my money; besides, no legitimate lender would ask for money.

NOTE: They never deducted money out of my account, they had me purchase a Steam Card which of course has no customer service number. When I was finally able to install the Steam application, I had to create a user account when I entered my username, there were three (which is probably for the 3 times I sent them money).

I sent a detailed message to Help/Customer Service stating that these people are using their product to scam people like me… I never authorized them to use the funds, it was only for “fund availability". They responded with “this is now a criminal matter” and that they would cooperate with legal authorities, they need a subpoena, etc. My question, how did they get the money out? I’m sure with today’s technology, there has to be a “digital trace” to get to the final source? And knowing what is happening, are they doing anything to avoid this?? – These and other scammers are also using iTunes and other prepaid/gift cards - I found this out when I was Googling… I am just one of hundreds of people that have had this happen to them with story being the VERY similar.

As of March 25, Chase closed my bank account due to being overdrawn. I spoke with them last week and that’s when I was informed that the $500 deposit did not go thru, what was posted on my account was a bank reversal for another transaction that I questioned, which got reversed and made my account be overdrawn. This is where I got confused... When I checked my account originally, it stated “ATM Deposit”, which he (Richard/AA) probably checked my account online to verify info and used this as his “deposit” since it did not say “REVERSAL” or anything relevant to a Bank Reversal/ Posting.

Also, someone posted a Cashier’s Check for $987+/- on 3/16/18 which of course did NOT go thru… This is actually what got the ball rolling with my account. I contacted Chase Customer Service / Fraud Department and after explain things, they said my account security was compromised and “restricted” my account, items got returned and now, on top of owing Chase $500, I’m being charged a bunch of fees and of course, I can’t wait to hear from the ones that were denied payment… Anyway, Chase Customer Service said that I can go to a branch and review my account - when I went on 3/21/18, my account was closed and “charged-off”.

Because of this, my disability check got delayed. I had to open an account with NetSpend (since I “owed” Chase I couldn’t open a Bank/Checking account with any financial institution) so that I can get my disability check – which now I learned was sent to Chase and they used portions of it to pay the charge off balance and refunding me the difference which is LESS than half my check… To date Roger/AA scammed me for $1,000. I don’t even want to calculate the charges and fees from the people that owe from this.

Please help. I'm on disability and this really set me back further than I was... I had to borrow the money - they are NOT VERY pleased. I have yet to tell my parents what is going on – I’m terrified of the response. How could I have been so gullible... On top of the financial burden, the stress, lack of sleep, etc., is wreaking havoc on me and my health. (I have Crohn's disease, so hopefully you can imagine!!!)

While doing additional research on scams, legal remedies, lawyers, etc., I am finding more and more similar scams – I know it takes a while for legal remedies/laws to get up-to-date with technologies – but something has GOT TO BE DONE with these scams… There are laws in place for “Ponzi” schemes, bank fraud, white collar crimes, banking/stock etc. What about internet/lending/money fraud scams – fraudulent/misrepresentation/scams… Are there any? Are the victims left out in the cold?

Also, the prepaid/gift cards should have a better user account info, that can be verified and confirmed to avoid “fake” account setup, like in my case… I have a bunch of cards that I can do NOTHING with, but frame as a reminder not to be stupid. Cell phones are “locked” by each carrier – can’t something similar be done with the cards?

If you know of other venues that I can take that may assist me in this matter, I could really use your help. I really, REALLY need my money. CONTACT INFORMATION: Following is the only information that I have: 1. Roger: 217/298-3099 a. Work email: advanceamerica6006@gmail.com b. personal email: advanceamerica3383@gmail.com yea, he actually flirted with me. 2. Richard: 217-298-2042 (Spoke with him once, started asking about the loan, etc., and he hung up the phone. Other than that, every time that I’ve called, it goes straight to voicemail.)

Original review: March 2, 2018

This company is a RIP OFF. They have took me for $500.00 in Walmart gift cards. I am disabled and had got in a very tight bind and was needing a loan and went online looking for a loan. And got a call from a phone number in New York **. Well (Chris was the first person I spoke with) they called me and said I was approved for a $10,000.00 loan and gave me a payment amount for the next 48 months and I could handle that. But I would need to go to Walmart and get a $500.00 gift card and call him. Well STUPID me did as I was told. By the way Walmart does not do 500.00 cards. Well I got two cards for $250.00 each. I gave Chris the card numbers. He (Chris) said I would hear back from them in 60 to 90 min.

Well I heard back from a Sr. loan officer (by the name of Justin **). He said everything was approved but I would need to send them another $500.00 to cover the taxes on the loan. I advised him I was now total broke and could not do this. He ask when I could send it. I told him it would be the 14th of March. He said ok he would call back then. And I started doing research and ran across this site. I have tried to call the phone number today and I get a busy signal or it tells me the call won't go through. I was going to try and get my $500.00 back but after reading all the complaints I see I can kiss that money goodbye. (PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THEM. THEY ARE A TOTAL RIP OFF.)

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I needed a short term loan. I went to Advance America to get a short term loan for an unexpected bill. I took two lien free auto titles with me to use as collateral. Both vehicles had $5,800 in equity between the two of them. I applied for 30 day loan in the amount $2,300.00 loan, an interest rate of 345% and a finance charge of $2,980.00. I also just filed my taxes and present them proof of a tax refund in the amount of $6,000.00 payable in 14 days. They took the information I provided them. Went to the computer, clicked a couple buttons, handed me a piece of paper that said DECLINED. Now wait a minute. I gave these people the GREEN LIGHT to rip me off with an absurd amount of Interest Rate with a astronomical finance charge and I present them 2 lien free vehicles exceeding the value of this loan and they DECLINE it??? This loan would be any reputable Lenders DREAM! Fools. I'll never go back.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

They're based out of India or Pakistan using phone number **. Out of Buffalo, NY which it isn't. They offer 10,000 loans asking you to buy Google play cards for 758 dollars. Then decline you the loan and have already used your play cards asking for verification on back if a guy named Steve ** contacts you which is not his real name. Hang up. It's a major scam!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I've used Advance America numerous times and they've ALWAYS done a fantastic job. The other reviews I've read doesn't sound like they're dealing with Advance America. I've never been asked to get a gift card or anything like that. You apply for the advance. Give them a check for the amount of your loan plus their fee. Example for ($500 loan = check for $566) you pay them back on the day your loan is due and that's all. The location in Yukon, Oklahoma is great and their employees are helpful and friendly. They go out of their way to help you if they are able. If you need an advance in a hurry I'd recommend you give them a call.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

My wife took out a title loan to help with bills when she got sick. I found a decent paying job and the title payments were paid. The mistake my wife made was paying by money order and sliding the money order under the door before they opened. For two months she did this and in November 2017 a tow truck arrived at our house to repo our car. They took the car straight to a company to sell. We filed an emergency chapter 13 to get our car back. Even the repo man said that this company repos people’s cars even when they pay them. He also said they are known to lose people’s payments and claim they didn’t pay. Please if you can, stay away from title loans. Definitely stay away from Advance America Cash Advance on West Market Street in Johnson City, TN.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I was clipped by Advance America Scammers for $6,000. I believe that someone on the inside of Advance America is selling personal info because these guys already had my info & knew the amount of the loan I had recently applied for. Advance America is hiding behind a warning notice rather than policing their employees.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Keep getting calls from same people telling me been approved for 5000.00 loan. Bottom line to everyone if anyone wants money it is a scam. Do not do it. Is not just Advance America. There are other companies wanting online bank info. One wanted me to take picture of check on my fone and send it to him. Not that stupid. Too many online loan scams. If anyone gonna give you loan will not be upfront money. They will just verify everything and put money in your account. It is that simple.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I applied for a loan, Mr. FRANK ** said that I WAS APPROVED FOR $5,000 INSTALLMENT LOAN. Mr. ** texted me the instructions to send $300.00 in iTunes on the cards and my loan will be deposited within 20 minutes. Well as of this day I still haven't received anything. I tried calling Mr. ** about the refund of my $300, but I only get his voice mail. Something need to be done about these people. I trusted them with my money and now I can't get it back. I want my refund. I still have the cards and all the texts from Mr. FRANK **.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

A man with an Indian accent called verifying my personal information. I googled the name of the company while I had him on the line and I advised him that his company Advance America is a fraud and a scam. He asked for my online banking information, which I declined. He then suggested that I verified myself in another way and I declined and hung up. 30 minutes later, I received a phone call from my banks toll free number. I answered and it was the same man chewing in my ear, frequently representing himself as one of my banks reps and wanted to confirm a deposit from advance America, I said no, and told him I decline and I was contacting the BBB and the FBI... These people are a disgrace and prey to destroy people's lives... DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR INFORMATION. I HAVE A LEGAL TEAM ON THIS RIGHT NOW.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I travel around 80 miles round trip to continue my business with Advance America in Cheboygan MI, reason being the two women I deal with are wonderful. I consider the girls friends and they go out of their way to make me feel that the trip is worth it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I received a text message on Fri. Nov. 3, 2017. I DID not nor have not applied for a loan with Advance America! I do not know how they got my ph number to text me (needless to say, I DID not call them at all for a loan). So if anyone gets an email or text message along the same lines, please, please do not fall for it! It is a scam!!! Just delete it!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

This company sent me a email stating that I was qualified for a $5000.00 loan. Had no idea what was going on. Never asked for any loan. They continue to call me and text me. I finally called the number back. They said I got a loan but first they needed to verify some information. Yeah right, started off with a address I hadn't live at in 4 years and then after all of that they requested for my username and password to my online banking. RED FLAGS went up fast. Don't be scammed by this company. There's other ways to get a loan.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I had been searching online for a loan. I had filled out several different applications within the past two weeks or so. Yesterday (10-31), I received an email from a company with pdf showing I had been approved for a loan in the amount of $7000, and monthly payments would be $275 for 28 months. Then I started to receive text messages from a 626 area code regarding this loan. This person immediately asked what bank I use. I found that a little odd, but not tremendously out of the ordinary. Then I started to wonder, why is the "loan officer" texting me from the same exact number on the "loan" documents?

I called today and was told by the "loan officer" Sylvester ** (Indian accent), that yes, I was approved for $7000, and the first payment of $275 would be taken out of my bank account on Nov 25. I said okay, then he repeats all my personal info, address, phone number, DOB. I am thinking okay maybe I did fill out an application for this company. Not until did he say that he needed my username and password for my bank did I really start to hesitate. I asked why he needed this, he said to verify my account. I then asked if the line we were talking was being recorded, he said yes by three different areas.

So I turned on my voice memos from an older phone I had so that I could record the conversation. He tells me since my credit score is below 700, that he will put $870 in my bank account, and then as soon as I see that, I need to call him back. I asked why is that being done, he said that I would need to send $800 back, but the $70 is mine to keep, and the $800 has to be sent back by Walmart, Western Union, or another place like that. I asked if I could just send the $800 back electronically. As if things weren't fishy enough, he slips and says oh well it would take 24-48 hours to get the $7000 in my account, I pressed for an online payment method and he says there is not one available!

We went back and forth for a few more minutes, and I relented... I thought the worst thing that could happen is that I wouldn't get the $7000. He said it would take about 2 hours for the money to show in my bank account. As soon as I hung up, I started researching and found this site and all the negative reviews, I immediately texted him and said I do not want to go through with this process and DO NOT deposit or do anything with my bank account! I told him this is a scam and he needs to discard all my information and to not contact me again. His reply was "Okay As you Wish"...

I am so glad I caught this in time! Yes, last night I was dreaming of ways I could spend that $7000, catch up on bills, have a little putaway, and not have to be stressed out over money every day! I am very glad I stopped this before I was taken for the $800, because reading on here, that $870 would be a bogus deposit! I have a couple of small installment loans, and even to get approved for $500, I spent 30 minutes on the phone and no one has ever texted me before. All my legitimate loan documents have some in word format as attachments.

I do not think "Sylvester" thought I was going to be checking all this out, but I am so glad I did. I have also contacted my bank letting them know what has happened so that they will refuse any incoming deposits from a place that I have never gotten a deposit from before. I am super thankful for this form, because I would have been taken to the cleaners! For anyone who is super desperate, I know this sounds great! But it is not real. I am going to start keeping better records of who I am applying to for loans so that if this happens again, I will know not to waste my time.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I used this company a LONG time ago for a couple of payday advances. Which I paid off in a timely fashion. I still have the screenshots of everything. I am constantly getting calls/voicemails to my cell phone (that I never gave them). Literally 4-7 voicemails A DAY! I have blocked the number on my phone so now I just get instant voicemails that are all blank. When I google the number that called me, it says it belongs to Advance America.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I received this email today... from Edwin **. Loan Account Number:-#**. "We are talking about loan amount of $400.00 that you took from the company ADVANCE CASH AMERICA which has now gone up to $975.00. The total payoff balance is $975.00, however due to bad debt we do have a Settlement offer available for you, if you can come up with the initial amount of $400.00 by October 6th 2017, this account will be marked as paid in full and you can avoid the legal consequences. If you want to resolve the issue, kindly accept the Settlement offer, so that we can suggest you the mode of payment accordingly." I used to work for Advance, didn't take out a loan... Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

A borrower fraudulently used my phone number for a loan. Three times I tried to reach an operator to address this. Both times I was on hold for over an HOUR and still had no one pickup. I couldn't get through. I understand they need to call a lot to try to collect, that's the nature of the business but I believe the hold times are a scam to get people to not call back. Ludicrous! I can't get this addressed. Now I have some collections attorney firm calling as well that I can't reach. I am writing the BBB about this. This has gone on for almost a year.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I received a call from a man in Illinois with the number 779-400-0927. He said he was calling from Advance America Inc. He told me I was approved for 5000.00 and asked what I needed it for. I explained bills, car repairs. He then said he would send my app to the underwriters. He came back to the phone said I was denied cause of my credit score which is over 600. He then said they will deposit 900.00 to 1500.00 into my account, I need to go to Walmart with my debit card, send the money back to them and then they will update my FICO score in 2 hours then deposit the actual loan I qualified for in the amount of 5k by tomorrow morning.

But first they need my username and password to link my account to the ETF electronic transfer machine. I advised him that's not legal. He told me it is. They will provide me 3 hard copies of the application and terms for the agreement. 1 for me the bank and 1 to keep for myself really? So then I told him you don't need my password and username to my checking account. He said he did in order to update my credit report and deposit the actually loan amount I approved for. Well I hung up... NEWS FLASH. DUMMY. I collect on Advance America and all other payday loans that are delinquent and have taken out one my self and this isn't how it's done! Oh by the way the loan amount was 5k, the int rate was 10 percent and the monthly payments were 156.00. Too good to be true. So glad I wasn't desperate.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Money is very tight, as I was laid off of my job in May. My credit isn't that great either. I searched online for loans with bad credit. I received an email with Loan docs and a text message from what APPEARED to be Advance America. A well-known lender. I called the number listed on the text, stating that I was approved for $4000-$5000, Daniel **. Advance America **. "Daniel" had a thick foreign accent, as did his supervisor "Scott". They told me funds would go into my account the next day, but first I had to go to Walmart, and PURCHASE $250 in Apple iTunes gift cards to verify I am able to make the $250 monthly payments. I told "Daniel" I don't have $250, that's why I need a loan! I could barely understand these guys. He said if I could come up with $250 cash, then he would hold my application a few more days.

After I hung up, I searched online, "Cash Advance America scams", and found all these complaints about these terrible people pretending to work for a reputable company, Advance America. These people must be stopped!! A lot of the complaints are from last year (2016), it's now September of 2017. Why aren't these guys caught & put behind bars? If there is anything I can do to help catch these lying, scammers, please let me know.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Got the offer for $5000 from SC and TX from Advance America, did not apply with them but did applications for loans online. They had all my info, ssn, banking info. Anyway Alex ** lol because his accent was Indian said I didn't have mobile deposit so I would need to put $175 on prepaid cards at Walmart. Alex also asked if I could use someone else's bank account! I told him no. He was so adamant about when I would be going to Walmart and assured me it wasn't a scam even though I didn't ask. He also asked if I was single and wanted to know my social media accounts. He placed me on hold several times and at this point I had an idea of what was up and knew it was a scam. I'm still receiving text messages from various numbers. Googled the company for reviews and behold! Go with your gut people, don't let these ** take you for a fool in desperate times!

Original review: July 28, 2017

I applied online for a loan, I received a call on 7/26/2017 from Mr. Daniel ** from Advance America in New York, saying Congratulation I was approved for $1000.00 and I said I needed less than that and he said minimum $500.00 but he ask me for something weird, online username and password and since my credit is low he said they needed to increase it first, what he did was deposit two checks one of $881.00 and told me that I had to refunded to make sure I will pay back, and the way was buying iTunes cards with the amount of $880.00 and give the password of the cards then another check of $1921.00 and that I have to return it or else would have legal problem, so I purchase another iTunes cards and took pictures and send it to the following #** and the company fraud Advance America number is **.

It was a text mobile to the Wells Fargo bank in North Miami. It was deposited and the check was under United States Treasury and it was a false and got in trouble with the bank and they closed my account for suspicious of fraud and they said they were going to fix it but never did since yesterday 7/28/17, and don't pick up the phone. Is totally a scam. Please don't fall for it.

Original review: July 14, 2017

On July 13, 2017, I was contacted by a man with an accent, who identified himself as Nick **, loan officer, with Advance America, responding to my request for an application for an installment loan. He had all my personal and financial information as he read it off to me. During our conversation, he advised me that I had been approved for a $2,000 installment loan with monthly payments of $197.00 for a 12-month term. However, in order to get the loan, I had to go through a verification process, which he said was in accordance with the rules governing the Federal Trade Commission. He stated the $100.00 verification costs was not a fee and that he was only looking for a code reflecting the purchase of a pre-paid card to prove I had $100.00 on the card. This really peaked my suspicions.

Furthermore, he stated that I should purchase this pre-paid card from either Office Max, Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS, Family Dollar, Dollar General and Krogers. Even redder flag! The first email he sent me was on what looked like $Advance America, Cash Advance stationary. On this official looking stationary was a huge watermark that read “Seal of the State of Illinois”, with a logo to the right that read “Department of Consumer & Business Services” and to the right of that was a BBB accredited business logo. This pdf document was a dummy mockup of what appears to be an authentic loan servicing documents. It did not reflect anything we discussed.

The first page of the 5-page PDF ** read, “Only customer have to prove himself/herself in front of the FTC (Federal Trade Commission of US Gov) that she/he is financially strong and capable person and after getting this loan will not miss any payment on installment date”. This is exactly what was on the form spelling, grammatical errors and all. What a croc! Nick also said that the loan documents requiring my signature would not be sent until I verified the purchase of the pre-paid card for $100. Legitimate loan companies will always send you documents to look over and read before committing yourself.

In order to confirm my suspicion about this company, Advance America just so happens to have an office in my hometown. I called them and explained to them about this so-called loan, the loan number, the amount and how to retrieve it. I was told that in no uncertain terms, THIS IS A SCAM! When Nick call me back, I told him they were running a scam. He then threatened me by saying if I did not take the loan, he would flag my credit report. That was the last straw, I hung up the phone in his face and I had no further conversation with this scammer.

I found a couple of addresses claiming to be Advance America Loans. The loan servicing phone number on the pdf is **. The address is **. The address on my approval email is **. A man by the name of Paul **, is the Sr. Manager, Advance America, **. DON'T BE FOOLED! PROTECT YOURSELF BY CHECKING TWO AND THREE TIMES THAT A COMPANY IS LEGIT. No lender is going to send you to Rite Aid, CVS or any other retailer to have you purchase a pre-paid card.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Applied for a payday loan. I was contacted by email saying I was pre-qualified for up to $5000. But first my credit score needed to be raised. Manager Ray ** said the accounting department would deposit $950 into my account and that I would have to pay back via a MoneyGram and that would raise my credit score. Sounded odd but I was desperate so I did it. No loan & $950 negative in my bank account. The money they deposited was a ghost check and came back as unpaid so my bank charged me. Now I am in more debt thanks to Advance America Cash Advance. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THESE LOW LIVES. It is all A SCAM.

Advance America Cash Advance Company Information