Find the Best Payday Loans in Denver, CO
Top 8 Denver Payday Loan Companies
|Speedy Cash||Read 1,826 Reviews|
Obtain payday and title loans with maximum amounts that vary by state. Payday loans range from $255-$2,500 and title loans range from $300-$25,000. Check cashing and money orders also available.
|Silver Cloud Financial||Read 270 Reviews|
This company offers tribal loans for people who need access to a short-term loan due to an emergency or financial hardship. Loans range from $300-$1,000. Apply online and get your funds the next business day.
|Check Into Cash||Read 2,065 Reviews|
Lender with 25 years in business offers payday loans up to $1,000 and title loans up to $25,000 with easy application process. Consumers can get funds the next business day. Installment loans and lines of credit also available.
|Check City Denver||Read Author Review|
Offers installment loans between $100 and $1,000, with customizable repayment plans. Approves applications in minutes. Open until 7 p.m. on Saturday. Live chat available on website.
|Checkmate Denver||Read Author Review|
Provides installment loans as an alternative to payday loans in Denver. Lends from $100 to $1,000 in three- and five-month terms. Apply online or at a store in Denver or Aurora. Website available in Spanish.
|Moneytree Denver||Read Author Review|
Lends $100 to $1,000 online and at stores in Denver, Lakewood, Englewood, Aurora, Greenwood Village, Westminster and Northglenn. Distributes funds in cash, on a prepaid debit card or by electronic deposit to your bank account.
|MyColoradoPayday||Read Author Review|
Offers up to $500 in loans to Colorado residents with bad credit. Allows customers to borrow over six months. Charges 45% per year and 7.5% per month on the remaining principal.
|PayCheck Loans/Emergency Cash||Read Author Review|
Offers six-month installment loans from $100 to $500. Employs staff members with average of nine years experience. Has made over 110,000 loans to Denver-area residents since 1995. Operates locations in Englewood and Arvada.
Borrowers take out payday loans in Denver to pay for unexpected costs, such as car repairs or medical bills, or regular expenses, including credit card bills, rent, mortgage payments, groceries or utility bills. According to a report from The Pew Charitable Trusts, demographics most likely to use payday loans are people 25 to 34 years old, renters, those making $15,000 to $25,000 per year, parents and those who are separated or divorced.
In 2016, around 207,000 individuals took out payday loans in Colorado. But the industry landscape has changed since the state’s voters approved Proposition 111, which capped the annual percentage rate (APR) on Colorado payday loans at 36%. While some payday loan companies in Denver have gone out of business, others continue to offer paycheck advances or installment loans.
Denver payday loan regulations
Payday loans are legal in Colorado and are governed by the Colorado Uniform Consumer Credit Code. Payday lenders in Denver must have a supervised lender license. You can find a list of licensees on this Colorado attorney general's website.
- Payday loans in Denver are limited to $500
- Payday loans must have a minimum repayment term of six months
- There is no maximum term and no penalty for early repayment
- You can renew a payday loan in Denver only one time
- You have the right to cancel a payday loan up to 5 p.m. on the next business day following the loan transaction
The maximum annual percentage rate (APR) — or total loan cost expressed as a yearly rate — on a payday loan in Colorado is 36%. This change is a result of the passage of Proposition 111 by voters in the state in November 2018. In 2016, under Colorado’s previous payday loan regulations, the average APR on payday loans was 129%.
The table below shows the maximum fees on payday loans of various amounts with a six-month term.
|Loan amount||Maximum fee||Total amount you pay|
How do I get a payday loan in Denver?
To get a payday loan in Denver, you generally need:
- A government-issued ID
- Your Social Security number
- An open, active checking account in your name
- Working contact information (e.g., phone number or email address)
- Proof of steady income (e.g., pay stub or bank statement)
You can apply for a payday loan online, at a payday loan store or over the phone. Payday loans don’t require good credit, and many lenders in Denver offer payday loans with no credit check.
Applying for a payday loan in Denver is quick, and you usually find out within minutes if you are approved and how much you can borrow. Apply in a store or with some online lenders for same-day cash. Some online lenders may have waiting periods of one to two business days before funds are deposited in your bank account.
Denver payday loan FAQ
- What kind of loan can I get in Denver with bad credit?
- You can get payday loans and installment loans in Denver with bad credit.
- How do I get a signature loan in Colorado?
- Many of the requirements for signature loans and payday loans in Colorado are the same, except some signature loans may require good credit history. You can apply for this type of unsecured personal loan with a bank, credit union or online lender.
- What are some payday loan alternatives in Denver?
- If you are looking for a less expensive alternatives to payday loans in Denver, consider asking a friend or relative for a short-term loan, applying for a loan at a bank or credit union, working out a solution with a creditor or requesting a paycheck advance from your employer. For more payday loan alternatives, check out this guide.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Denver payday loan company information
Check City, located in Lakewood, offers installment loans between $100 and $1,000 with flexible payment plans. Application and approval only take a few minutes. To apply, bring your government-issued ID, proof of income, proof of address, your most recent checking account statement and your checkbook. You can also start the application process online.
- Address: 1898 S. Wadsworth Blvd., Lakewood, CO 80232
- Phone: (303) 988-3073
- Hours: M - Sat: 9am - 7pm
- Website: checkcity.com/locations/colorado/
Moneytree offers online and in-store installment loans in Denver from $100 to $1,000. Learn just minutes after applying how much money you qualify for, then choose how you want your funds: deposited to your bank account, loaded onto a prepaid card or put in your hands. To apply, you must have your ID, Social Security number or Taxpayer Identification Number, proof of income and checking account information.
- Address: 7357 E. 36th Ave., Ste. 100, Denver, CO 80238; Multiple locations
- Phone: (303) 333-7000
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 9am - 6pm
- Website: moneytreeinc.com
PayCheck Loans/Emergency Cash has been providing short-term cash options in Denver since 1995. Clients can borrow $100 to $500 for six months with payments due in equal installments. To qualify, you need a Colorado ID, a checking account in good standing, a physical check, a bank statement, your two most recent pay stubs, proof of address and a phone number. Less-than-perfect credit is OK.
- Address: 4097 S. Broadway, Englewood, CO 80113; Multiple locations
- Phone: (303) 762-8400
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 2pm
- Website: pcloansco.com
Checkmate, which opened its first store 25 years ago, offers installment loans from $100 to $1,000 with three- and five-month terms. Apply online or at a location in Denver or Aurora. You need a valid, government-issued ID, proof of income, an active bank account and a working phone number.
- Address: 9500 E. Hampden Ave., Denver, CO 80231; Multiple locations
- Phone: (303) 338-8883
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 9am - 4pm
- Website: callcheckmate.com/colorado/index.php
MyColoradoPayday is transparent about interest, fees and caps and encourages customers to borrow only in emergencies — MyColoradoPayday’s website encourages borrowers to get a line of credit or credit card if they expect to need funds often. Unlike the two- to four-week repayment schedule attached to conventional payday loans, MyColoradoPayday allows customers to borrow over six months, charging 45% per year and 7.5% on the principal every month.
- Address: 600 17th St., Denver, Colorado, 80202
- Phone: (303) 653-9209
- Hours: M - Sun: 8am - 8pm
- Website: mycoloradopayday.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.