Find the Best Payday Loans in Chicago, IL
Top 11 Chicago Payday Loan Companies
Read 1,826 Reviews
Obtain payday and title loans with maximum amounts that vary by state. Payday loans range from $255-$2,500 and title loans range from $300-$25,000. Check cashing and money orders also available.
Read 3,547 Reviews
Online lender offering payday loans, installment loans, and line of credit products. Can lend up to $800 with loan terms anywhere between 8 and 31 days. Borrowers apply online and receive an instant lending decision.
|Silver Cloud Financial||Read 270 Reviews|
This company offers tribal loans for people who need access to a short-term loan due to an emergency or financial hardship. Loans range from $300-$1,000. Apply online and get your funds the next business day.
|Check Into Cash|
Read 2,065 Reviews
Lender with 25 years in business offers payday loans up to $1,000 and title loans up to $25,000 with easy application process. Consumers can get funds the next business day. Installment loans and lines of credit also available.
|Advance America Cash Advance|
Read 350 Reviews
Supplies both payday and title loans online or at over 2,000 store locations. Amounts vary by state and vehicle specifics. Max payday loans range $100-$1,100 and max title loans range $300-$10,000.
|Check n' Go|
Read 205 Reviews
Supplies payday loans and installment loans in 17 states that are typically available the next business day. Max payday loan amounts vary by state and range from $50-$1,500.
|A Plus Title Loans||Read Author Review|
Offers high approval rates on payday loans and payday installment loans. Gives same-day cash. Doesn’t check borrower’s credit history. Apply online or at the store in Des Plaines.
|America's Financial Choice||Read Author Review|
Offers payday loans and payday installment loans. Requirements include steady income and verifiable personal information. No bank account or credit history needed. Apply online, by phone or at one of seven Chicagoland locations.
|Cashcity Payday||Read Author Review|
Provides payday loans up to $1,000 without considering credit history. Deposits cash by the following business day. Requires gross income of at least $375 per week and at least three months with same employer. Guarantees privacy.
|Sun Cash||Read Author Review|
Lends up to $255 in same-day cash. Doesn’t check credit. Accepts applicants with new jobs and prior bankruptcy. Offers referral incentives to customers. Three locations and more than 20 years of experience in Illinois.
|USA Payday Loans Chicago||Read Author Review|
Offers payday advance loans and payday installment loans. Loan amounts range from $50 to $864. Charges 0% interest on your first payday loan up to $300. Operates multiple locations in the Chicago area.
If you're thinking about applying for a payday loan, you aren't alone. More than 250,000 borrowers took out payday loans and installment payday loans in Illinois in 2017, according to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. Overall, companies made more than 204,000 payday loans and over 355,000 installment payday loans in 2017, together totaling over $325 million in principal.
Chicago consumers take out payday loans to pay for emergencies and ordinary living expenses. Keep reading to learn more about payday loan laws in Chicago, what you need to apply and answers to frequently asked questions.
Payday loan regulations in Chicago, IL
Payday lenders in Chicago are regulated by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation’s Division of Financial Institutions, Consumer Credit Section and must follow Illinois law.
There are two different types of payday loans in Illinois:
- Payday loans must be paid back in two to four weeks and have annual percentage rates (APR) as high as 400%.
- Payday installment loans have longer terms that can last up to six months and APRs as high as 400%.
If you have only a single payday loan in Chicago, you cannot owe more than $1,000 in total payments during the first calendar month of the loan. If you have more than one payday loan, the total payments can’t exceed the lesser of $1,000 or 25% of your gross monthly income. If you have more than one installment payday loan or a combination of payday loans and installment payday loans, the total payments can’t exceed the lesser of $1,000 or 22.5% of your gross monthly income.
In general, payday lenders can’t charge more than $15.50 per $100 borrowed. As part of a payday loan, you receive a written agreement with a clear description of your payment obligations. If you take out a payday loan and still owe money after 35 days, you are allowed to enter into a repayment plan that gives you at least 55 days to repay the loan in installments with no additional charges.
Requirements for a Chicago payday loan
Each payday loan lender has its own requirements. Whether you apply online, over the phone or in person at a payday loan store in Chicago, you usually need:
- State-issued ID
- Social Security number or Taxpayer Identification number
- Phone number
- Checking account
- Proof of income
You don’t need good credit to qualify for a payday advance in Chicago, so don’t worry if your credit history is bad or nonexistent. Shortly after applying, you find out if you qualify for a payday loan and how much you can borrow. If you apply at a payday loan store, you walk out with cash the same day. If you complete the entire process online or over the phone, it may take one to two business days before the money is electronically deposited in your bank account.
Chicago payday loan FAQ
- What kind of loan can I get in Chicago with bad credit?
- Consumers with bad credit can still qualify for payday loans and payday installment loans in Chicago. Many payday loan lenders in Chicago don’t do credit checks when you apply. Consumers with bad credit can also get other types of personal loans, including secured and unsecured loans.
- What are some alternatives to payday loans in Chicago?
- There are many possible alternatives to payday loans, including applying for a loan at a bank or credit union, asking for a loan from a family member or friend and contacting creditors to ask for extensions. If you’re having trouble managing debt, think about credit counseling, which offers financial guidance for little or no cost.
- Can I go to jail for not paying back a payday loan in Chicago?
- No, you can't be arrested for defaulting on a payday loan, according to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. If you are threatened with arrest for not paying back your payday loan in Chicago, report the company to the Illinois attorney general and the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Chicago payday loan company information
A Plus Title Loans offers two-week payday loans and six-month payday installment loans of up to $2,500 for borrowers of all credit types. Apply online or at its store. To qualify, you need to be 18 or older, an Illinois resident and have a monthly income of at least $1,200. A Plus Title Loans has been offering loans in Chicago’s northwest suburbs since 2008.
- Address: 8983 Potter Road, Des Plaines, IL 60016
- Phone: (847) 768-5951
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: aplustitlepaydayloan.com
Sun Cash lends up to $255 in Chicago payday loans without checking credit reports. Apply by calling the nearest location or submit an inquiry online and have a representative contact you the same day. Application to preapproval typically takes 30 minutes or less. Applicants with new jobs, prior bankruptcy and no direct deposit qualify.
- Address: 5800 W. North Ave., Chicago, IL 60639
- Phone: (773) 237-3131
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Website: illinoisloancenters.com
America's Financial Choice, a local Illinois lender, offers payday loans and payday installment loans. Customers can start the application process online, call or go to locations in Chicago, Oak Park, Calumet City or Dolton. The AFChoice Mobile app makes it easy to apply, upload documents, make payments and sign contracts.
- Address: 3555 W. Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL 60618; Multiple locations
- Phone: (773) 866-1400
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: afchoice.com
Cashcity Payday offers payday loans up to $1,000. Customers can apply over the phone, in person or online safely and securely. To be eligible, you must be a U.S. citizen employed for at least three months by the same employer, make at least $375 per week before taxes and have an open and active checking account. Cashcity Payday approves applicants in less than an hour and deposits cash directly into your bank account.
- Address: 5603 W. 79th St., Burbank, IL 60459
- Phone: (708) 430-5556
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: cashcitypayday.com
With USA Payday Loans, your first payday loan up to $300 is interest-free. Customers can apply online, over the phone or at locations in Chicago, Northlake, Hanover Park, Elgin, Crestwood, Tinley Park and Aurora. Two-week payday loans are available in amounts from $50 to $864; payday installment loans with terms up to six months range from $100 to $1,500.
- Address: 4124 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago, IL 60641
- Phone: (773) 427-1981
- Hours: M: 9am - 7pm; T - Th: 9am - 6pm; F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 9am - 1pm
- Website: usapaydayloanstore.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.