1.24/5

Looking for a loan company?

Credit Central

Looking for a loan company?

96 Credit Central Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 22, 2019

Updated on 05/01/2019: I did a previous review awhile back on here and still pending which I thought was quite odd. I filed with BBB recently and they crying to them I'm not paying back for their services when I did NOT get good full service from them and I initially tried to resolve the issues with them back in Jan 2019 when I first did the call this year to them. They wouldn't work with me.

So eventually, I filed complaint on them and they won but Asknow sneakily went to my other credit card on file to charge for their money back from me when it's been since Jan 2019 we've been around in circles with this, really? Asknow blocked me from calling them or using website so how else a person to resolve anything with them. Also, why would I pay them for the service on new credit card company when I did NOT charge on this card initially which should discount me paying them because I never charged on the new credit card account for their service then. You got to watch out for merchants as they are mean and wicked to make sure they get their pay or else they will keep going after you till they get tired.

Original Review: I called up Sunday asking a question to them and then found out that I had an overdue payment from them as I didn't get the bill statement nor the new card replacement from post office. So I was able to get a fee late waiver from them and I paid off what I was suppose to pay when I never saw my statement. Maybe with the change of new card it didn't catch up with bill statement to mail out. So that got taken care of. Today around 815 am which she woke me up from Collections Dept, Michelle, stating I need to pay an overdue as I told her, "You mean you don't read things before you call people" that I told her Paid it yesterday as she was reading it out loud, then I hung up on her!! They need to be more organized what they are doing before they bother people on payments and read things before having to call customers.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Worse business ever. The manager at the Cleveland TN location was rude and gave me the run around all day, her and an employee told me to come in before they close and they would have my loan ready. After I leave work early just to get this loan and I make it to the location, now the manager gets an attitude and tells me I need a co-signer for 150 dollar loan.. They were the ones that called me and asked me if I could get off before they close at 530. They took all my info and had me leave work for no reason. I wouldn't suggest for anyone to do business with the Credit Central on 17th Street Cleveland TN..

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Horrible staff!!! My payment was due on the 10th (Sunday). At 9 am Monday they were already calling my job. I was actually home sick with the flu and missed the mail carrier. I called and said I was sorry but the check did not go out until Tuesday. The rude lady (Kindra I believe) called me a liar and said she needed 6 references. She was the rudest person I have ever spoken with. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I have A1 credit and needed a little bit of money for the holidays and made the mistake of cashing a check that sent me in the mail. Never again! I was trying to do the right thing by calling them. It's not like I am even 5 days late!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Beware that if you have a loan through this company and want to make a payment, you must either come in the store, or mail them a check. You cannot make payments over the phone, nor do they do any type of electronic payments. Very inconvenient for this day and age, when most people no longer write checks or send payments via mail. I have all of my bills set up to be paid through my bank except them! Maybe all branches are not like this, but this is for the Knoxville, TN branch on Magnolia Ave.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I was calling to make a payment and we were behind one payment because my husband did not get paid for 3 weeks. I was going to make both payments but before I could tell her that the employee jumped down my throat. She was rude and said she had to see me in the office. I am currently working 3 jobs and do not exactly have time to drop everything and go down there to pay. I told her that I was going to need to mail the payment in because of this and she said, "Well I will put you down for 6 tomorrow and we will see you in the office then." I said, "I am sorry but I have to work." She did not like that answer. I am not happy with the way that I was treated and I will pay this loan off as soon as I get tax money to cover it and not ever recommend to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Central?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

My County Chesterfield SC was declared a Disaster County from Hurricane Florence and I wrote and explained to these people what was going on. I asked for a Payment Deferment. Guess what? They came to my house demanding money??? They didn't care. All they wanted was money. I have a loan with Onemain Financial. They automatically deferred my monthly payment. I didn't have to call, write or go into their office. Credit Central is not for its customers. They are for money?

Don't be late with a payment no matter what. These people are beyond ridiculous. They will call, send letters and come to your house even when the Federal Government declared Chesterfield County South Carolina a disaster county. Credit Central didn't care. All they want is money and the payment wasn't even 30 days late. That's the bad part. Don't do business with Credit Central of Hartsville South Carolina unless you like being harassed and treated very inconsiderate when there's a natural disaster. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH CREDIT CENTRAL OF HARTSVILLE SOUTH CAROLINA.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have had my car for 2 years and never missed a payment. First of all my car was only worth $7000 they charging me $24,000. So fell on hard times got behind 2 payments and they have blown my phone up home and work and I have told them when I will pay them. Then the manager came to my job threatening to tow it. Worst company ever, interest rates are ridiculous. If I knew then what I know now I would have never got the auto loan.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Called and got a payoff. Said we were mailing the check that day before payment was due on the 25th. We mailed it the 20th and now they trying to say that we owe 34 more dollars and will not take my payoff check.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

First off the ladies in the Cullman Alabama office are rude and hateful. There is one lady... Michelle ** whom has stalked my Facebook and asked me personal questions which are none of her business!!! She has gone as far as yelling at my family members and won't let me close my account that I so badly want to close. I would never refer anyone to them! IF YOU SEE CREDIT CENTRAL IN YOUR SIGHTS IN CULLMAN RUN FAR FAR AWAY. DON'T STEP FOOT IN THE DOOR!!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

This is the worst company to do business with! If you get a live check from them tear it up right away. They would begin calling the day after the due date - usually multiple times a day. They would never identify who they were and were very rude. I eventually had to block their number. After that they began contacting my wife and then my in-laws even though I was the only person on the account and I never gave them their contact information. We found out that they looked me up on a search engine and found my family that way. They told my wife I hadn't made a payment in months even though they cashed a check four weeks earlier for 1.5 times the minimum payment. I think their practices skirt the legal boundaries of debt collection. They should not be in business.

Credit Central Company Information