1.24/5

Looking for a loan company?

96 Credit Central Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 22, 2019

Updated on 05/01/2019: I did a previous review awhile back on here and still pending which I thought was quite odd. I filed with BBB recently and they crying to them I'm not paying back for their services when I did NOT get good full service from them and I initially tried to resolve the issues with them back in Jan 2019 when I first did the call this year to them. They wouldn't work with me.

So eventually, I filed complaint on them and they won but Asknow sneakily went to my other credit card on file to charge for their money back from me when it's been since Jan 2019 we've been around in circles with this, really? Asknow blocked me from calling them or using website so how else a person to resolve anything with them. Also, why would I pay them for the service on new credit card company when I did NOT charge on this card initially which should discount me paying them because I never charged on the new credit card account for their service then. You got to watch out for merchants as they are mean and wicked to make sure they get their pay or else they will keep going after you till they get tired.

Original Review: I called up Sunday asking a question to them and then found out that I had an overdue payment from them as I didn't get the bill statement nor the new card replacement from post office. So I was able to get a fee late waiver from them and I paid off what I was suppose to pay when I never saw my statement. Maybe with the change of new card it didn't catch up with bill statement to mail out. So that got taken care of. Today around 815 am which she woke me up from Collections Dept, Michelle, stating I need to pay an overdue as I told her, "You mean you don't read things before you call people" that I told her Paid it yesterday as she was reading it out loud, then I hung up on her!! They need to be more organized what they are doing before they bother people on payments and read things before having to call customers.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Worse business ever. The manager at the Cleveland TN location was rude and gave me the run around all day, her and an employee told me to come in before they close and they would have my loan ready. After I leave work early just to get this loan and I make it to the location, now the manager gets an attitude and tells me I need a co-signer for 150 dollar loan.. They were the ones that called me and asked me if I could get off before they close at 530. They took all my info and had me leave work for no reason. I wouldn't suggest for anyone to do business with the Credit Central on 17th Street Cleveland TN..

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Horrible staff!!! My payment was due on the 10th (Sunday). At 9 am Monday they were already calling my job. I was actually home sick with the flu and missed the mail carrier. I called and said I was sorry but the check did not go out until Tuesday. The rude lady (Kindra I believe) called me a liar and said she needed 6 references. She was the rudest person I have ever spoken with. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I have A1 credit and needed a little bit of money for the holidays and made the mistake of cashing a check that sent me in the mail. Never again! I was trying to do the right thing by calling them. It's not like I am even 5 days late!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Beware that if you have a loan through this company and want to make a payment, you must either come in the store, or mail them a check. You cannot make payments over the phone, nor do they do any type of electronic payments. Very inconvenient for this day and age, when most people no longer write checks or send payments via mail. I have all of my bills set up to be paid through my bank except them! Maybe all branches are not like this, but this is for the Knoxville, TN branch on Magnolia Ave.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I was calling to make a payment and we were behind one payment because my husband did not get paid for 3 weeks. I was going to make both payments but before I could tell her that the employee jumped down my throat. She was rude and said she had to see me in the office. I am currently working 3 jobs and do not exactly have time to drop everything and go down there to pay. I told her that I was going to need to mail the payment in because of this and she said, "Well I will put you down for 6 tomorrow and we will see you in the office then." I said, "I am sorry but I have to work." She did not like that answer. I am not happy with the way that I was treated and I will pay this loan off as soon as I get tax money to cover it and not ever recommend to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Central?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

My County Chesterfield SC was declared a Disaster County from Hurricane Florence and I wrote and explained to these people what was going on. I asked for a Payment Deferment. Guess what? They came to my house demanding money??? They didn't care. All they wanted was money. I have a loan with Onemain Financial. They automatically deferred my monthly payment. I didn't have to call, write or go into their office. Credit Central is not for its customers. They are for money?

Don't be late with a payment no matter what. These people are beyond ridiculous. They will call, send letters and come to your house even when the Federal Government declared Chesterfield County South Carolina a disaster county. Credit Central didn't care. All they want is money and the payment wasn't even 30 days late. That's the bad part. Don't do business with Credit Central of Hartsville South Carolina unless you like being harassed and treated very inconsiderate when there's a natural disaster. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH CREDIT CENTRAL OF HARTSVILLE SOUTH CAROLINA.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have had my car for 2 years and never missed a payment. First of all my car was only worth $7000 they charging me $24,000. So fell on hard times got behind 2 payments and they have blown my phone up home and work and I have told them when I will pay them. Then the manager came to my job threatening to tow it. Worst company ever, interest rates are ridiculous. If I knew then what I know now I would have never got the auto loan.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Called and got a payoff. Said we were mailing the check that day before payment was due on the 25th. We mailed it the 20th and now they trying to say that we owe 34 more dollars and will not take my payoff check.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

First off the ladies in the Cullman Alabama office are rude and hateful. There is one lady... Michelle ** whom has stalked my Facebook and asked me personal questions which are none of her business!!! She has gone as far as yelling at my family members and won't let me close my account that I so badly want to close. I would never refer anyone to them! IF YOU SEE CREDIT CENTRAL IN YOUR SIGHTS IN CULLMAN RUN FAR FAR AWAY. DON'T STEP FOOT IN THE DOOR!!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

This is the worst company to do business with! If you get a live check from them tear it up right away. They would begin calling the day after the due date - usually multiple times a day. They would never identify who they were and were very rude. I eventually had to block their number. After that they began contacting my wife and then my in-laws even though I was the only person on the account and I never gave them their contact information. We found out that they looked me up on a search engine and found my family that way. They told my wife I hadn't made a payment in months even though they cashed a check four weeks earlier for 1.5 times the minimum payment. I think their practices skirt the legal boundaries of debt collection. They should not be in business.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Credit Central Loan Company in Bessemer, Alabama has the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. After you talk to them and tell them you are going to be late and will pay late charge they still want you to come in. They are trying to trick you in renewing a new loan. They called me 5 times a day. On my cell and at work. I hate these people. As soon as I pay them off, I will never be back. They are so RUDE. Especially the manager. Tammy is the worst. I will make sure none of my friends go to them. I am going to call the BBB ON THEM.

Original review: June 1, 2017

Credit Central gave a copy of my license and information. What would you do if you found out Credit Central had gave your personal information to a person who was not on your loan account? And what can be done about Credit Central giving out copies of their license and information on someone without the person permission?

Original review: May 23, 2017

Credit Central is the worse mistake I've ever made. The manager at the North Charleston office is one of the most disrespectful people I've ever met. He was rude, inconsiderate, I watched as he intentionally turned down a ** kid today when he asked for a loan because the way he talked, he had a loan there before and he was shown the door by the manager due to it being personal. I watched on in silence, I couldn't believe what I saw/heard. Of course the other 2 employees didn't say anything but I was surprised the ** guy didn't tell him off! I felt sorry for him. I believed he really needed help. I should've said something but didn't. I will pay off this loan and I will never deal with this company again and will make sure my friends and family never deal with this company as well. Absolutely disgusting! That manager needs to be fired!

Original review: March 28, 2017

Credit Central of Cleveland, TN continues to leave harassing calls on my voicemail regarding someone named "Amanda **", who I have never heard of. They will not stop, I'm on a do not call registry, and I have never heard of this business prior to the calls starting. Extremely poor business practices and a violation of FTC rules.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

I visited the Pell City, Alabama location and the manager (Melissa) and assistant manager (Sharon) was very rude and also Sharon had her son there pretending to be an officer of the law. This location will never see me again. She refuse my payment and I'm not even 30 days late and she told me I would be receiving legal paperwork from her through a process server because I told her not to contact me which was a lie, so she had to take legal action on me... Wow really.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I am a first time customer and called to make my first payment. Customer Service Rep who answered was very rude. I believe her name was Bess or Betsy. She spoke so fast that it was hard to understand the name. I was rudely informed that they do not take payments over the phone. She informed me that my payment was now going to be late since I was unable to drop payment off that day before closing since I was working. She said I could drop it off the next day and hung up.

I had to call back because I was at work and unable to get my loan agreement to get my account number. When I called back, she rudely said, "Didn't I just speak to you?" I informed her that I was calling back to get my account number for the payment and she had hung up on me before I could ask. She gave me the number and as soon as the last digit was given she hung up again. I work in customer service and if I had treated any customers in the way I was treated, I would be fired. There's no excuse to be rude to any customer especially first time customers. This woman did not listen or even wait to see if I had any other questions before rudely ending the conversation.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I visited the Pell city branch today making a payment for my daughter. When walking in I was never greeted. They seems as if I was not suppose to be there. Finally someone takes my payment, but manager wasn't in then they state to me they are about to stop doing anything for other offices. Very rude. I called my office and got corporate number and manager should never treat a customer this way. I will never go back!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Yes we have been doing business with the Foley office on North Mackenzie. The office staff is great. We had one bad dealing which was this month. I had a friend drop off payment after hours. My payment was short 3.00 dollars. A gentleman called to inform me about the shortage. I ask if I could pay it on Wednesday because I'd had a Dr appointment. This was fine no problem. They're a problem because I stop by, paid my 3.00 & was hit with a late fee. I called to talk with manager. Very nice. Explained how the late fees worked. He was sorry that I was misinformed and the gentleman didn't even worked in that office. So stuck with late fee that I feel I shouldn't have to pay due to agreement I had made. Again very nice staff. They work with us. But left a sour taste making me rethink about renewing.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Huntsville AL location - The manager there Ashley is so rude. We had a check sent to my husband to deposit. He did that. I have been going in making the payments. I had a missed payment and was 2 weeks late bringing it in, Ashley refused the payment and couldn't talk to me. It had to be my husband really? I call so she could talk to him, she insisted that he come in. She wouldn't even talk to me on the phone, I didn't do anything to her. This manager is not good for this company. Who sends a customer away and won't take the payment? The account is almost paid off. Not good customer service.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

I have done business with this company a couple of times and payment was never late and was always paid off on time or paid off early. They do not like when you pay off early and will beg you not to! I had about decided at that time not to do business with them anymore and now I wish I hadn't. Went in to make my payment and she took my check and said I had 125 hundred available to keep in mind my payment was 109.00...

Anyways, I renewed the loan which was 1300.00 and I had already made 4 payments knocking it down to around 900 and something. The lady gave me 124.48 and instead of shredding up my check of 109 they sent it through my bank! So... a loan I had paid down to 900 just got renewed back to 1300 for basically a sad 15.48! What a nice 500.00 profit for them! Smells like a thief to me! What a rip off!

I'm am meeting with a attorney to see if this is legal since other companies I have worked with renewed my loans and I didn't have to make a payment before hand. Don't make sense I should have been smarter just hoping this helps others to not fall for this little scam! Also, I had a relative who wasn't making their payments and they harassed me daily about it even though I was a outstanding customer! They also went in my file and used my contact numbers to call and harass people about this other relatives non payments. I'm almost sure that's not legal! Cannot wait to get Credit Central of Fort Payne, Alabama paid off... Oh and I will be paying off early! Then I will never do business with them again! I will let everyone know just how deceptive and what crooks they are!

Original review: July 26, 2016

I took out a loan 4 years ago with this company with the understanding they would report to my credit score. I paid my loan and paid off the loan and restarted the loan a number of times of the years. Never missed a payment. 3 months ago I lost my job due to illness. I contacted them directly to inform them and set up payments I could afford till I got a new job. They absolutely refused to work with me. Now I finally have a job and waiting on first pay check just to come home to legal papers dropped off for wage garnishment. After the threats and screaming and harassing phone calls I'm gladly checking the box for them to garnish my wages 3 times and be done with this company. Please don't take out a loan with this company. They are a payday lender that has found loopholes in the laws.

Original review: July 5, 2016

The staff here is rude and very unprofessional. The store hours are from 8-5:30, but they shut down computers at 5:00 and charge you a late fee.

Original review: July 5, 2016

I've been with this company for a while. At a point of my life I got behind on a payment or two. But I did caught it up. After that I keep refinancing. So I've mailed letters plenty times to the home to remove this from my credit report. They won't do it. But they keep wanting me to renew. I am done with them so I plan to pay them off and never return. They are only out for themselves and not to help the consumer. So be careful before you get a loan here.

Original review: June 22, 2016

My experience with this company was horrible. First off I had a payment due on may 29, 2016. So I called to see if I could slide the money under the door. The woman there said it would be ok and assure me they will get it that Saturday. So Monday came and I got a call from the loan company stating that they haven't received my payment. Come to find out they're not even open on Saturday so someone in their store stole my money. So another day went by and I received another call from Keith who also works there and he was calling me a liar and threatened me.

So I ask to speak to the manager and he told me heard most of the conversation and pretty much wasn't going to do anything about it. I asked him if they had security cameras to prove I was telling the truth and he said no. So another day went by and I received another called from the manager asking for the money and he finally decides to tell me their camera two stores from their business and he couldn't get the tapes until he speaks with their manager. I thought that was crazy. "You're the manager of Credit Central. You can't walk over there and talk to the manager." I will never do business with this company again and I will make sure I tell everyone I know not to do business with them as well.

Original review: June 10, 2016

Community Credit on Laurens Rd. Harassment Harassment Harassment. Bad company to borrow money from. Insane interest rate, poor customer service. Didn't believe it till it happened to me. I have had several loans with them over the course of about 5 years. Paid on time - no problem. 1 month I got behind because work got slack. Called and told them I was going to be late (more than 10 days) making this month's payment. First time being late in 5 years. The woman immediately gets nasty. Making rude comments about my financial situation. I was in shock. I couldn't believe it. So after that rude encounter which got nothing done. I thought it was over. I explained as soon as I got the money I would be in. At most another week.

The very next day guess who is calling me at work? Credit Central. Asking me if I had figured out what I was going to do about my loan. I'm thinking to myself "I just talked to you about 12 hours ago and told you what my plans were" but you call me the next day at work. So this is obviously just to harass and annoy me. Which is illegal in SC. Once again another nasty encounter and I'm off the phone. 3 days go by with no contact from them so I thinking maybe they are about to start treating me like a human. WRONG - guess who is now making visits to my home? Community Credit!! This company specializes in trying to annoy people. When I get them paid off. Never again will I even think about doing business with them.

Original review: March 19, 2016

I have taken loans, renewed loans as well as generated business for this place. However, I can make payment, refer people but I can't use the bathroom. Wow, when I pay them off I will not be back nor will I refer anyone else to them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

I am writing this review because I have recently experienced some personal issues which lead me to take out a loan with Credit Central. Just before my first payment was due I was unable to get a timely payment into the office. I contacted the manager and he went over my situation with me in a non pressuring manner which was gratefully appreciated. I find this company to be willing to work with me and have done so with professional integrity. All I can say is that by keeping the line of communication open and being straightforward and honest with the manager I have experienced no problems.

They did not force me to make a loan, it was my choice and so is my responsibility to keep them abreast of my situation which I have done and received excellent customer service. I would do business with this company again once I resolve the current loan situation. I am thankful that Credit Central is there when I need them and they don't hassle me. To have discovered this company before now would have been better for me in looking back because other companies I have done business with have not measured up to my expectations, but Credit Central has done so. Thank you very much.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

The staff in Greenwood SC are deceiving. I have dealt with this place a couple years, I have been behind on my payment but I gave them 194 by check on New Year's Eve when an associate came to my house. Today I came home and had a letter stating I was difficult to deal with... They call every friend and relative they know of if I don't make it the day I usually come, they don't realize people have a life outside of their loan company?? They also throw business cards in the yard and on my porch, these people are ridiculous and quite childish. There are better companies in town for a loan, I will never deal with this company again. They exhibit very unprofessional behavior. How can paying them ten days ago be difficult and to the point that they send someone to my home to leave a letter... One answer, deceiving, unprofessional and rude company. I advise everyone to not deal with these people at all.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2016

The staff here are a joke, completely unprofessional and rude. I witnessed staff talking down to other customers. Don't try going to another branch. The staff at the one on Schaad Road are worse. When I began asking questions regarding the paperwork I was being asked to sign on a loan that was less than ten days late, the manager became short, frustrated, and untactful. Please consider meeting your financial needs elsewhere. I have received better service at Walmart and McDonald's. My child has more manners than these people.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

Just know that I will never do business with this unprofessional company again, EVER. They have come to my home on many uncalled for occasions while I was experiencing hard times. I tried to explain to give them collateral but they wanted their money.

Credit Central Company Information