Credit Central

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Yes we have been doing business with the Foley office on North Mackenzie. The office staff is great. We had one bad dealing which was this month. I had a friend drop off payment after hours. My payment was short 3.00 dollars. A gentleman called to inform me about the shortage. I ask if I could pay it on Wednesday because I'd had a Dr appointment. This was fine no problem. They're a problem because I stop by, paid my 3.00 & was hit with a late fee. I called to talk with manager. Very nice. Explained how the late fees worked. He was sorry that I was misinformed and the gentleman didn't even worked in that office. So stuck with late fee that I feel I shouldn't have to pay due to agreement I had made. Again very nice staff. They work with us. But left a sour taste making me rethink about renewing.

Huntsville AL location - The manager there Ashley is so rude. We had a check sent to my husband to deposit. He did that. I have been going in making the payments. I had a missed payment and was 2 weeks late bringing it in, Ashley refused the payment and couldn't talk to me. It had to be my husband really? I call so she could talk to him, she insisted that he come in. She wouldn't even talk to me on the phone, I didn't do anything to her. This manager is not good for this company. Who sends a customer away and won't take the payment? The account is almost paid off. Not good customer service.

I have done business with this company a couple of times and payment was never late and was always paid off on time or paid off early. They do not like when you pay off early and will beg you not to! I had about decided at that time not to do business with them anymore and now I wish I hadn't. Went in to make my payment and she took my check and said I had 125 hundred available to keep in mind my payment was 109.00...

Anyways, I renewed the loan which was 1300.00 and I had already made 4 payments knocking it down to around 900 and something. The lady gave me 124.48 and instead of shredding up my check of 109 they sent it through my bank! So... a loan I had paid down to 900 just got renewed back to 1300 for basically a sad 15.48! What a nice 500.00 profit for them! Smells like a thief to me! What a rip off!

I'm am meeting with a attorney to see if this is legal since other companies I have worked with renewed my loans and I didn't have to make a payment before hand. Don't make sense I should have been smarter just hoping this helps others to not fall for this little scam! Also, I had a relative who wasn't making their payments and they harassed me daily about it even though I was a outstanding customer! They also went in my file and used my contact numbers to call and harass people about this other relatives non payments. I'm almost sure that's not legal! Cannot wait to get Credit Central of Fort Payne, Alabama paid off... Oh and I will be paying off early! Then I will never do business with them again! I will let everyone know just how deceptive and what crooks they are!

I took out a loan 4 years ago with this company with the understanding they would report to my credit score. I paid my loan and paid off the loan and restarted the loan a number of times of the years. Never missed a payment. 3 months ago I lost my job due to illness. I contacted them directly to inform them and set up payments I could afford till I got a new job. They absolutely refused to work with me. Now I finally have a job and waiting on first pay check just to come home to legal papers dropped off for wage garnishment. After the threats and screaming and harassing phone calls I'm gladly checking the box for them to garnish my wages 3 times and be done with this company. Please don't take out a loan with this company. They are a payday lender that has found loopholes in the laws.

The staff here is rude and very unprofessional. The store hours are from 8-5:30, but they shut down computers at 5:00 and charge you a late fee.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Central?

I've been with this company for a while. At a point of my life I got behind on a payment or two. But I did caught it up. After that I keep refinancing. So I've mailed letters plenty times to the home to remove this from my credit report. They won't do it. But they keep wanting me to renew. I am done with them so I plan to pay them off and never return. They are only out for themselves and not to help the consumer. So be careful before you get a loan here.

My experience with this company was horrible. First off I had a payment due on may 29, 2016. So I called to see if I could slide the money under the door. The woman there said it would be ok and assure me they will get it that Saturday. So Monday came and I got a call from the loan company stating that they haven't received my payment. Come to find out they're not even open on Saturday so someone in their store stole my money. So another day went by and I received another call from Keith who also works there and he was calling me a liar and threatened me.

So I ask to speak to the manager and he told me heard most of the conversation and pretty much wasn't going to do anything about it. I asked him if they had security cameras to prove I was telling the truth and he said no. So another day went by and I received another called from the manager asking for the money and he finally decides to tell me their camera two stores from their business and he couldn't get the tapes until he speaks with their manager. I thought that was crazy. "You're the manager of Credit Central. You can't walk over there and talk to the manager." I will never do business with this company again and I will make sure I tell everyone I know not to do business with them as well.

Community Credit on Laurens Rd. Harassment Harassment Harassment. Bad company to borrow money from. Insane interest rate, poor customer service. Didn't believe it till it happened to me. I have had several loans with them over the course of about 5 years. Paid on time - no problem. 1 month I got behind because work got slack. Called and told them I was going to be late (more than 10 days) making this month's payment. First time being late in 5 years. The woman immediately gets nasty. Making rude comments about my financial situation. I was in shock. I couldn't believe it. So after that rude encounter which got nothing done. I thought it was over. I explained as soon as I got the money I would be in. At most another week.

The very next day guess who is calling me at work? Credit Central. Asking me if I had figured out what I was going to do about my loan. I'm thinking to myself "I just talked to you about 12 hours ago and told you what my plans were" but you call me the next day at work. So this is obviously just to harass and annoy me. Which is illegal in SC. Once again another nasty encounter and I'm off the phone. 3 days go by with no contact from them so I thinking maybe they are about to start treating me like a human. WRONG - guess who is now making visits to my home? Community Credit!! This company specializes in trying to annoy people. When I get them paid off. Never again will I even think about doing business with them.

I have taken loans, renewed loans as well as generated business for this place. However, I can make payment, refer people but I can't use the bathroom. Wow, when I pay them off I will not be back nor will I refer anyone else to them.

I am writing this review because I have recently experienced some personal issues which lead me to take out a loan with Credit Central. Just before my first payment was due I was unable to get a timely payment into the office. I contacted the manager and he went over my situation with me in a non pressuring manner which was gratefully appreciated. I find this company to be willing to work with me and have done so with professional integrity. All I can say is that by keeping the line of communication open and being straightforward and honest with the manager I have experienced no problems.

They did not force me to make a loan, it was my choice and so is my responsibility to keep them abreast of my situation which I have done and received excellent customer service. I would do business with this company again once I resolve the current loan situation. I am thankful that Credit Central is there when I need them and they don't hassle me. To have discovered this company before now would have been better for me in looking back because other companies I have done business with have not measured up to my expectations, but Credit Central has done so. Thank you very much.

The staff in Greenwood SC are deceiving. I have dealt with this place a couple years, I have been behind on my payment but I gave them 194 by check on New Year's Eve when an associate came to my house. Today I came home and had a letter stating I was difficult to deal with... They call every friend and relative they know of if I don't make it the day I usually come, they don't realize people have a life outside of their loan company?? They also throw business cards in the yard and on my porch, these people are ridiculous and quite childish. There are better companies in town for a loan, I will never deal with this company again. They exhibit very unprofessional behavior. How can paying them ten days ago be difficult and to the point that they send someone to my home to leave a letter... One answer, deceiving, unprofessional and rude company. I advise everyone to not deal with these people at all.

The staff here are a joke, completely unprofessional and rude. I witnessed staff talking down to other customers. Don't try going to another branch. The staff at the one on Schaad Road are worse. When I began asking questions regarding the paperwork I was being asked to sign on a loan that was less than ten days late, the manager became short, frustrated, and untactful. Please consider meeting your financial needs elsewhere. I have received better service at Walmart and McDonald's. My child has more manners than these people.

Just know that I will never do business with this unprofessional company again, EVER. They have come to my home on many uncalled for occasions while I was experiencing hard times. I tried to explain to give them collateral but they wanted their money.

Credit Central staff in Greenville SC is very rude. I tried to pay off my loan and they got mad. I recommend no one to deal with this company. I would rather do without than to go to this company for a loan. I will never do business with them again.

I've been out of work since 10/22/15 due to surgery. They have called me every day since my payment came due. I ask them if I had disability insurance and they informed me that I did so I ask them to mail me the papers on 10/27/15 except I didn't get them, so they said they'd mail them again. I got them finally on I think 11/26/15 or 11/28/15. I got them filled out by my employer & the doctor & my portion. I take them to them to file on 12/3/15. She informed me that it would be denied because the doctor's office checked (no) on the form that I was not totally disabled. She didn't even file it. She followed me out the door after a fussing match inside once I told her not to call me again until this was handled.

At that point she handed the papers back to me! I called the doctor's office and explained the situation and they told me they could not check no on the form because that was saying that I was totally disabled and social security would get involved at that point! She said they should have filed it and let the insurance company decide that and go from there! I wish I had never done business with them at all but once I'm back on my feet I will somehow get them paid off and never do business with them again!

I have had a loan with this company off and on for about 4 or 5 years. The past loans were great and I was very seldom behind on payments. This current loan that I have with them, which was established in March 2014, I had some tough times toward the middle of this year, 2015. Yesterday, 11/28/15, I had the Manager and the Assistant Manager at my HOUSE asking for payment. Before that, they kept calling my work and my cell phone asking for payment.

As we all know, times are hard and at this point I was almost two months past due. Tried to explain the situation to them, but they wouldn't listen. I'm not very comfortable with them coming to my house unannounced and the manager acted like he was trying to flex on me if he didn't received payment at my doorstep. After I pay them off, I WILL NEVER TAKE OUT ANOTHER LOAN WITH THEM AGAIN!!! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! Columbia, SC Store, Two Notch Road!!! Also, I feel like my rights and fair act rights have also been violated.

Credit Central, LLC of Greenville, SC located on Laurens Rd is awful. The Office Manager came to my home to state that he was going to have me locked up for a bad check. I don't have a checkbook nor have written one to this company. I submitted a complaint to ConsumerAffairs about this; they lied to say, "No, that's not what happened." I pay them off, they submitted incorrect information to the credit bureau; so I again issued a complaint. Please contact me so we can move forward with a group legal action if the above happened to you.

These people are absolutely horrible. Once my loan is paid, I would never nor recommend anyone doing business with them... If you are a day late, they begin calling you repeatedly but not only do they do that, but they actually COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND LEAVE NOTICES ON YOUR DOOR!!! They came to my house several times. The later you are, the more fees they add. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

I took out a loan with this company just to try to build my credit back to its original standing, after going through a bad divorce in 2005. I was forced into bankruptcy by my ex that literally ruined my credit. So I like to be very punctual when it comes to paying my bills on time. But for some odd reason I can't get online to pay my bill; it's very aggravating and completely unprofessional that I can't pay my loan without going through tons of red tape. Even after all of this the problem is not resolved. Very disappointing. Not likely to deal with this company again once my loan is paid in full. I use online payment for all my bills because I work nights - 10 hour shifts. Please fix this problem.

I have Had a loan with Credit Central of Murfreesboro Tn in 2012. I had Awesome service with them. Even when I was late they have worked with me and had great Customer Service and before we relocated to SC we paid them off. Reopened in Newberry Sc 2014. I must say ** at the location is Awesome and has patience. She gives great customer service. She will call but she understands and she doesn't harass. We went thru some hard times 2014 and we paid late some months. They have worked with us but it was stressful and we paid late due to my husband losing his job last year. But we will pay them off in July and be done. I won't ever open up another loan with this Company ever again.

I called the District Manager ** to complain. He didn't Acknowledge my complaints. He is very rude nasty and it was about that money and me being late. Why is he a district manager and he can't even handle complaints? That is part of his job. He gives Credit Central a bad name!!!! He is very IGNORANT... I have never been with a loan company that will come to your house 3 times a week. When you talk to them at your house they don't know when to leave. Even after you communicate with them they still Harass you. All because their Boss wants his Bonus check every week. Really!!!

Don't make a mistake and pay them a few dollars short. You will get harass for five dollars oh and I do have a credit for 2 dollars. Thanks ** for not even wanting to listen to my complaints. I had to write a review because of you not handling your JOB!!! ** the supervisor of Newberry Sc has better CLASS than you!!! Y'all just want a good fight with y'all Customers. So sad. My Husband has exp in working as a Credit finance Manager. He knows the System and he also knows about Great Customer Service. ** he would Gladly give you some lessons!

Very upset with this company. Took out a small loan for school expenses, starting making my payments regularly - monthly. Then I was transferring jobs & was late on my payment & the lady who did my paperwork went on a rant. Yelling & screaming - even while doing my paperwork - talking about how much money she made, very hateful attitude. She's now been harassing myself and my boyfriend. Also the branch manager is calling being very hateful! This is outrageous, you don't treat people this way!

I filed my taxes with this company for the first time and was given one quote on my fees. When they came back, it was about $150 dollars more. I spoke with them and agreed to reimburse the preparation fee. I was told to come back the next day. It's been a week. Now they say they have to mail it. I will never do business with this company ever again. I will be sharing my experience with my social media friends to let them know how shady this company is.

I have had a loan with Credit Central in Greenville, SC at the Laurens Rd. store. The employees there are very rude and lord forbid you get behind in your payment, they will call you and tell you that you HAVE to come into the office to speak to the manager. So when you get there, they act all nice until you make your payment then RICKY the ass. manager will yell at you at the top of his lungs and make your business known to all in the store and in front of your children. He don't care and when you stop by the manager's desk - STAN, he just laughs about it. I called corp. Got the situation handled but I promise you one thing, they won't talk or treat me like that again. EVER!!! TRIED TO TURN IT AROUND ON ME BUT IT'S COOL. I WOULD THINK RECOMMEND THIS LOAN CO. TO MY WORST ENEMY.

I visited the Credit Central in Leeds with a friend that was approved for a loan. I just loved the atmosphere! Very friendly staff, the manager was awesome - very professional - but made sure she took her time and explain everything to me. Will most definitely some them some more customers - best customers service we have had in a while! They are on top of the list!

Tuscaloosa, AL Store - Both my husband and I have used Credit Central before and paid off loans. This last time my husband got a loan, he went in for a payment (a few days late) and the store manager went on a rant (in front of other customers) about how he made time to come get the loan - that he should've made time to come pay it. She continue to disrespect him by saying, "I make more money than you, and you are a teacher." Luckily, it was my husband that dealt with this lady because he is more mild manner than I am. She (the manager) hasn't dealt with the right person yet. No one should deal with this sort of embarrassment when making any type of payments.

I'm a customer with Credit Central at the Summerville, SC location. What was great about them was that the other lending companies were incredibly rude, including one I have previously borrowed from without incident. They're fast and the employees are amazing multitaskers. I have not received harassing phone calls nor visits to my home. Overall, it's a really decent customer experience. A lot of the other complaints I see are negative, so I thought I'd give a shout out to a good branch.

I have been a customer for over a year now. I have never been more than a few days late on my payments. My due date this time came up on Sunday. It is now Monday, and I am sitting at work waiting for 5:00 to get here, because I will immediately be leaving work and driving to the airport for my flight out for Thanksgiving week. Credit Central called a little while ago, and insisted that I come in to the location and talk with a manager today! I told them I simply could not because I was going out of town, and that I would be in to pay them next Monday when I return. Lacey, the employee, then said "So you are refusing to come in." I said "No. I'm not refusing, I'm just not able to come in due to time constraints," and she said "I will put down that you are refusing to come in". I asked who her manager was, and she hung up. Another complaint I have about this location is if I don't pick up my phone the day they call, THE VERY NEXT DAY, THEY BEGIN CALLING MY CONTACTS!! When I get this loan paid off, I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!

Took out loans with Credit Central, started out very good experience. Ran into some difficulties paying recently, tried to get payoff amount for a consolidation loan to get the situation resolved. I was told by the manager he wasn't allowed to give me that information and he said "nice knowing you" and hung up on me. Now he won't return my phone calls to resolve the situation. This is Credit Central, Greenwood SC. Would not recommended them to my friends! Last visit to my house, they threw trash in my driveway as they were leaving. I have photos on my phone.

I went into the office in Muscle Shoals, Alabama to make my payment on time with cash. I was $1.18 short. The person who took my payment was relatively casual about the situation. I assumed that all I would need to do would be add $1.18 to my next payment - instead, I was charged an $18.00 late fee and told that I was told that all late payments had late fees.

I'm currently paying on a loan from this company and it's the office in Leeds Alabama. I can be pretty forgetful of the date that my loan is supposed to be paid on. They don't do reminder letters or phone calls until it's a day late. They get paid - never am I more than a week late. A referral I sent them is way behind and they can't get in contact with him and neither can I so they constantly harass me on my up to date account and his. I mean they call my cell and then call my job over and over and my account is current. I feel like I should stop paying just to justify them calling but that would ruin my credit that I’m building. I’ve talked to Matt who is the office manager and he said he does what he needs to do - it’s his livelihood. I'm so irritated. I would not recommend them again nor will I ever get another loan from them. They act like loan sharks.

Credit Central Company Profile