Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.54/5

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

TitleMax Video

BOTTOM LINE

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

PROS

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

CONS

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Top TitleMax Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

When I reached out to TitleMax, they helped me that day. Their overall lending process was really smooth and fast. I even paid that debt back off. My lending officer ... was really nice and fast. Working with TitleMax was really good because I needed the money to move out of the state, and it was really helpful.

TitleMax's lending process was great and took about half an hour. Erica, the rep, helped me a lot and answered all my questions, which was why I’m happy with it. It was a great experience.

TitleMax Title Loans

TitleMax car and motorcycle title loans are available in 16 states. Unlike many other loan options, you don’t need a good credit score or a bank account to qualify for a title loan. While the qualifications differ by state, the basic TitleMax title loan requirements include:

• A paid-off car or motorcycle with the title in your name
  • Proof of income
  • A government-issued ID

All makes and models of cars are eligible as collateral, and you get to keep your car while you pay off the balance of your loan.

To get started with TitleMax, head to its website and fill out its quick loan application. To find out how much money you’re eligible for, you need to provide basic information about your vehicle, including the year, make and model.

TitleMax prides itself on getting you the cash you need as quickly as possible. You can get your title loan funds in as little as 30 minutes or within one business day. TitleMax bases your loan amount on the following factors:

• State regulations
  • How much you need
  • The value of your vehicle

Depending on your state of residence, you could receive up to $10,000.

TitleMax Personal Loans

TitleMax offers personal loans up to $2,500. These loans are unsecured, so while they’re typically for small amounts, you can apply for them without collateral. To apply for a TitleMax personal loan, visit its website and fill out the personal loan application with the following information:

• Name
  • Cell phone number
  • ZIP code
  • Email address

TitleMax Universe Silver Deposit Accounts

TitleMax created the Universe Silver deposit account as an alternative way for customers to receive funds. This account gives you no-fee cash withdrawals at Visa Plus Alliance ATMs and access to your account through the TitleMax app. Other features of the TitleMax Universe Silver deposit account include:

• Reduced monthly fees of $4.95
  • No fees due to inactivity
  • No bank teller withdrawal fees
  • Optional overdraft protection

It’s important to note that you must meet the eligibility requirements to get access to these exclusive benefits. TitleMax only promises these benefits to account holders who receive at least one recurring deposit of more than $200 every 35 days.

For customers who receive at least one recurring deposit of $500 every 35 days, TitleMax has the Direct Deposit Plus account. Benefits include:

• No monthly account fee
  • No cost for balance inquiries at out-of-network ATMs
  • Optional overdraft protection

TitleMax FAQ

How long do you have to pay back a TitleMax loan?
TitleMax loan payment plans range from 30 days to several months, depending on your loan contract. TitleMax’s loan specialists work with you to create a payment plan that fits your needs.
How much can you borrow from TitleMax?
You could be eligible to borrow up to $10,000 from TitleMax, depending on your state of residence. Familiarize yourself with your state’s title loan regulations to find out how large of a loan you can receive.
What happens if you default on a TitleMax title loan?
Defaulting on a TitleMax loan could result in repossession of your vehicle.
Can I refinance my loan with TitleMax?
Yes, TitleMax offers loan refinancing services for title loans. It generally will refinance any loan that already has 20% of principal paid.
Does TitleMax check your credit?
Yes, TitleMax looks into your credit before offering you a title loan, but the company states on its website that customers with bad credit are still eligible to receive funds.

Is TitleMax legit?

TitleMax is one of the largest lending companies in the nation. It serves thousands of customers every day online and at its more than 1,000 locations. The company processes applications quickly and disburses funds within one business day, which is helpful for people who need money to handle an emergency expense. If you need cash and fit all of its criteria, check out TitleMax’s website to apply for a personal or title loan.

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I applied for a loan at the Texas City, TX location on Palmer Highway and got very, very good customer service starting from the 1st phone call with Ms. **. She was very detailed about the services Titlemax offered and sent me both a text message with location and did a check up phone call to make sure I received it. When I got to the store, all the representatives on site were just as courteous. And the one who helped me from the start, Ms. ** made sure she personally introduced herself to me. She then went as far as staying after closing just to make sure I had no problem with my funds and make sure my application went through. I strongly suggest Ms. ** get a raise or some type of raise or promotion. She goes above and beyond to help her customers and I was thankful for all her help yesterday.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Priscilla. We train our employees to provide a high level of customer service and we're so glad our staff at the Palmer Highway location were able to answer all of your questions. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Get buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I received two title loans from these folks in October and November 2019 unaware of how they do business. They did not make the deal clear to me as to how they were using loopholes in the lending laws to legally rob consumers. All the reviews here must be fake cause nobody would be happy with losing their hard-earned vehicles to these crooks.

They charge thousands of dollars per month for what they call managing your loan and claim not to be the lender. Then after you've paid all of this to them you realize not one dime has been put to the loan principal. Then they had me go to another town and sign for another term and nothing given to me. The principal balances jumped up thousands of dollars. Then after three months, they claimed I am in default on a 30-day loan that has been going for 8 or 9 months and now have taken my wife's needed work vehicle and are in process of taking my vehicle needed to make a living. We borrowed 18000.00 and paid them approx. 19000.00 and still supposedly owe 23000.00. Now we are being robbed of our vehicles. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! WARNING!!!

Original review: May 20, 2020

I visited TitleMax on airline and the store manager was super friendly, nice, very helpful, Ms Lachell **. She need a raise. One bad thing is my money was stolen. Reported it but can’t get my money back. Sad case. They are no help.

TitleMax response

We are glad you had a positive experience with our team but sorry to hear about the theft. Please let us know if we can provide any details for a police report or an investigation. Please feel free to reach out to our customer resolutions hotline at 1 (800) 804-5368.

Original review: April 16, 2020

Due to covid19 I have been out of work since March 15,2020 of no fault of my own. Per the governor we were forced to close the dr office. I called office and spoke with the GM who showed no empathy or option except give me a few days to pay them. If I haven’t had any income you would think people who care would wonder how you are eating, etc. I called my location to check if I could get an extension or assistance since we have no money, and I was given an indifferent, uncaring response of "There's nothing we can do. You basically should just pay it because interest builds up on late fees. If you want, come visit us." This is not right to the hard working people who work so hard to pay all this money to y’all and I’ve always paid mine early or day of. This is the only loan of bill I have that is not helping at all!

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback! We are committed to supporting our customers during this challenging time and appreciate your patience while we try to accommodate as many customers as we can on an individual basis. At this time we are not charging late fees in most states and have stopped involuntary collateral recoveries for the foreseeable future. You can read more about our continuing efforts here: https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks/covid-19-coronavirus-update-protecting-our-team-members-and-customers-2/. Please continue to reach out to your local store and talk to us so that we can assist you further. We appreciate your business.

Original review: April 15, 2020

The people that work for TitleMax, are very friendly and knowledgeable. However, these loans have interest so high, that you will pay back 3x of what you borrowed. DON'T DO IT!! They do not need to charge that much interest, yet greed requires them to prey on people less fortunate. I think that is horrible and I will NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN!!! You should not either.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I called the location where I obtained a car loan. My question to the store manager was, "Can I make a payment 12 days past the due date without any penalties?" His rude ** stated that this company do not offer any extension of any kind. I have paid these people faithly for 18 mos. I would be paying this loan out soon. This company don't need to be in business. There needs to be better laws in place for companies that has all the intention of ripping off people.

TitleMax response

We encourage you to reach back out to your store and maintain an open line of communication with us so we can better assist you.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Another company I called wanted me to have a cosigner because they weren't trying to accept the pay stubs that I provided them. And then the lady waited two weeks later to contact me, saying that she was supposed to give me a call back that day, and she called me two weeks later. And the money was important. I needed that day. When I reached out to TitleMax, they helped me that day. Their overall lending process was really smooth and fast. I even paid that debt back off. My lending officer was Ashley. She was really nice and fast. Working with TitleMax was really good because I needed the money to move out of the state, and it was really helpful. It was like an emergency and they were there.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

My cousin used to talk about TitleMax before he passed. He said that they are a good place to deal with because even though you get a title loan from them and you're paying it, you can go back and pay them out early. And once you pay them out early, they will deduct the interest off, while most title loan companies don’t wanna deduct the interest off.

I filled out the paperwork then they went through the procedure and took a picture of me to let the man also know that it was me inside the office getting a title loan. They also took a picture of the car and let me know the interest rate. They said, "If I keep the loan for the whole three years, that’s the amount you pay, but if you pay it off early, the interest rate will go down and once you pay it off, that’s it.”

The lending process took about 20 minutes. The manager handled my account, but she had a phone call. After she got through with her phone call, she came back. And after we went through it, she told me how to download the app and said that I could use the app or come to the office to make my payment. She said that a lot of people come in, get money, then come back in 90 days and pay TitleMax out. But if I wanna keep the loan for three years or for six months, it's up to me.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Everything went great with TitleMax and during my application, it took at least an hour between putting the information in and waiting. Then we had to wait for somebody to come back and approve everything. And they had to take the pictures and upload them. The process could be improved if you'd be able to put your information online, then have the application approved, or at least get a pre-approval. Other than that, the interest sucks and is horrible. I paid $50,000 for the vehicle that I got a loan on just because I had to get a loan for reasons my husband had to go out of town. It's hard for some people to make that kind of payment but I did it, so I could turn around and pay the loan off quickly.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

The last time I was at TitleMax, they gave me $1,000 and told me I needed to pay 170 for the loan. I wanna know what has happened if every month I do the 150 or 170 but then nothing is coming down from the total. Instead, it's just the interest coming down. Despite this issue, the woman at TitleMax was professional in doing her work. She was really friendly and everything was easy. They approved my car loan in 10 minutes. I'm really happy with TitleMax.

TitleMax response

Thanks Miguel, we appreciate your feedback. If you have specific concerns about your account and the way interest accrues, please contact us at 1 (800) 804-5368 so that we may review your account details and provide a response. We look forward to hearing from you.

TitleMax Company Information