4.57/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. We strive to provide a superior level of customer service as we help thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan.

With thousands of convenient locations, TitleMax is here to help you obtain your next car or motorcycle title loan. Contact us today to learn more about us and what we can do for you!

TitleMax Video
View More View More

2239 TitleMax Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 3, 2019

A friend of mine told me that their relative had a good experience with TitleMax. I just got a small loan because I needed some work done on my car. TitleMax was awesome and unbelievable. I provided them with a copy of the released lien paperwork, a copy of the lien itself, and my driver’s license. The reps were so great, and patient because when I came in there, I thought I had a regular title, but all I had was the lien release and that wouldn’t work. Then they pulled up a picture and said that was what I needed, and I knew I had that somewhere too. Filling out the paperwork was so easy and so great that I could do it myself, then the rep took over after I was all done. I got approved for the loan in a couple minutes, but it seemed like seconds.

It was such a relief to be able to work with TitleMax because I just went through a nasty divorce and paid all these attorney fees. My ex-husband left me with nothing, moved in with his girlfriend, and took all my savings. Then I found out when we were selling our house that it had a lien, so I had to use all my savings to pay that. I was just starting a job and I just moved into a condo. I lost my bid on my house because I ended up with hardly anything and just enough to move in to my new house. The only consolation that I have is that I was able to get that loan because, if not, I wouldn’t have had the ability to get my car fixed.

The lending process was so easy once I got everything I needed. The only reason why I struggled was because I just recently moved, so I was a little discombobulated. But to be able to have the flexibility to go through that emergency was such a relief after moving, the divorce, and custody. You really need to have TitleMax as an option if you have an emergency. I love them.

Get expert buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I never got a loan before so I was a little nervous. TitleMax was close to my house so I went there just to inquire but I felt really comfortable with the representative who helped me so I ended up staying in there. I have very minimal sight right now so she walked through things with me and explained the whole process before we even did it. I asked questions as far as my vehicle and how it would go with the loan. She answered the questions clearly and gave additional information. She was pretty detailed and I felt like there wasn’t anything hidden. There were no gray areas which is what I liked. I like it bold, straight and forward.

TitleMax's process was easier than I thought. I just got out of the hospital and needed to move rather quickly because of a respiratory problem that was the result of where I was living, so she’d seen the urgency. I needed it because the opportunity that I had to move where I am now moved into would have been definitely taken by someone else if it was on the market any longer.

I also wanted to be discreet as far as the amount goes and she caught on that quickly. My three children were there and I didn't want more information to be shared than needed to out loud. So when we started talking, all the way down to when I was approved, she was pretty discreet about it, as well as with what I was approved for and how to go through it. However, it would have been nice if the cost was a little bit lower.

She also assisted with the application by doing everything electronically and explained thoroughly each step of the way of what was being done like taking pictures of my vehicle to what it was for. Then, there was another employee there who distracted my kids a little bit while I was taking care of finalizing some things.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I Googled title loans and TitleMax was the first one that came up. Once I clicked on the website and started looking at the rates, all I needed to apply seemed pretty easy. So, I just went in person and it was the easiest process I’ve ever been in as far as title loans, getting through them, and them just being helpful and very informative are concerned.

I had to take my vehicle in so they can inspect it -- they looked at the mileage and looked at the damage to it if there was any. Then from there, they gave me a price range to what my car could qualify for. Then once I picked the amount of loan I would like, then that was when we started talking about numbers and how much it would be a month. From there, once we set a rate and an amount, then I went ahead and just set up the application, and that only took 10 minutes. Shortly after that, they printed out the check for me and then they just went over the final guidelines to the loan as to when I have to pay it off and all the fees that are already included with the amount. The process took under probably an hour.

The lending processor was very nice and informative. I have never done a title loan before, so I wasn’t too sure what to expect going in, but she was very good at just explaining everything every step of the way, just keeping me in the process and not making sure I’m confused or I don’t know what I’m doing. TitleMax has helped me pretty well. I just needed a short-time loan and they were very cooperative as to helping me and understanding things. I wanna get the best rate possible if I can as to what I can afford and they were very understanding with that. As to like a couple other places that had talked to me, they just weren’t very negotiable with rates. It's convenient and very easy.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

In the process of getting things around from moving down here to Georgia, I had seen a commercial on TV, so I checked TitleMax out. After 20 years of marriage, our credit went in the toilet, so I decided to try TitleMax. I called them, and then I went there because it was only 20 minutes away from my house. And they were great about everything. I had to change some things like change to a Georgia license and change the car over to Georgia plates, and Georgia registration, and Georgia title. So, we took care of all that. The lending process was completed in a day. I went on Monday and Paul, the manager, went over some things with me and told me to go get a Georgia license. I went the next morning and got myself a Georgia license, and I went back to them and that same day, they cut me a check and it helped me out with everything I needed because it had to do with moving.

The lending processor was wonderful. She was nice, helpful, and went over everything with me. Our payoff is $1,500 and $48. I asked her if I can re-borrow if I bring in a payment of $700 which would be half of what we owe. She said we can especially if I'll bring in almost half of what we have to pay off. She said, “I can put in the computer, put your payment in, and you can re-borrow.” We’re thinking about doing that in the next couple days, so we can buy Christmas for our kids. I would recommend TitleMax.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My father used TitleMax when I was 15 years old and when I told him I needed to take a loan for a personal reason, he told me to use them. I had a really good experience with TitleMax, but the only thing that was off was how they did the loan by the mileage of my car. When I went to their website, they told me to put in the make and model of my car, and they initially gave a huge estimate of the loan amount. They said I could get between $800 and $1200. But once they told me the actual amount that they would lend, it was really bad. The loan processor told me that she could only do $360. That set me back and I wondered why they didn’t ask about the mileage of my car on the website.

I was at the TitleMax office with another customer and she said that she needed a $400 loan, but they could only give her $80 because her car was old. It was an '88 or '89 model. So, she started crying and I thought it was messed up to do the loan by the mileage of the car. If had an older car, it would have been bad on my part too.

The lending process was fast and straight to the point though. It took 30 to 45 minutes to complete. I love how there are no penalties if I want to pay the loan early, so that’s a really good thing with me. The lending processor was very homey and friendly, and she wasn’t uptight like the people in most lending places are. If I ever come down to where I would need help with a loan again, I know that I can go straight back to TitleMax, so that’s a positive for them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

TitleMax was the first thing that popped up on Google. The process of getting a car title loan from them was easy. We had an appointment for 30 minutes before the store closed, and we were out of there before the store closed. The rep we dealt with made sure that we were happy. She was really heavy on conversation. There wasn’t a dull moment. Our experience with their service was really good. And because of working with them, I was able to pay my bills.

TitleMax response

Thanks Douglas, we appreciate your feedback. We're happy that our staff were able to help you and get you what you needed. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Working with TitleMax helped me a lot. It got me out of a bad situation. Everything was completed really quickly, and everyone was very good, very helpful and very kind.

TitleMax response

Thanks Cinthia, we appreciate your feedback. We train our employees to provide a high level of customer service and it is great to hear you had a positive customer experience! Please reach out if there is anything else we can help you with!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I needed school supplies for my kids. I live nearby TitleMax and the process of getting a loan from them was good. And it took 30 minutes to complete. The rep was helpful. He talked to me about everything and what I'm going through. I was happy with TitleMax.

TitleMax response

Thanks for letting us know about your recent experience, Cesar. We value and appreciate your feedback and it is great to hear you had a positive customer experience! Please reach out if there is anything else we can help you with!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

TitleMax is the biggest title loan lender out there and it doesn’t make sense to go with anybody else. I got a title loan from them and the lending process was great. The reps were friendly, very informative and there was no pressure. It took two hours to be completed and it was easy. The rep even drove up and met me at the DMV to help me out and get my plates. It was above and beyond for real. I will highly recommend TitleMax.

TitleMax response

Hi Darius, thanks for reaching out about your recent experience. We're happy that our employees were able to help you and go above and beyond to get you what you need. We appreciate your business and please reach out if there is anything else we can help you with!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I was looking at places to get some quick cash, and I came across TitleMax online. I just gave them a try to see, and my experience went great. They were very welcoming when we first arrived, and they were quick, explained everything pretty well to us, so it was a great experience. The lending process was completed in 40 minutes or less. And then they gave me the check the same day before we left. I didn't know what to expect, but everything went better than I expected. It helped out on something that we had going. I would definitely recommend them. The person we worked with was really great. He's a great people person.

TitleMax response

Hi Crystal, thanks for letting us know about your experience. It is great to hear you had a positive customer experience and that our employees were helpful! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with and we appreciate your business!

TitleMax expert review by Lauren Fix

TitleMax was founded in Georgia in 1998 and is now one of the largest title lenders in the United States with more than 1,000 locations in 17 states across the United States. The company offers title loans and title pawns for cars and motorcycles.

• Qualifications: Those with bad credit can qualify for a loan through TitleMax. Applicants must only be 18 years old, or 19 in Alabama, have a government-issued photo ID, have a source of income and own a car or motorcycle without a lien.

• No penalties: TitleMax does not charge an additional fee if clients make a payment early or pay their loan off early.

• Speed: TitleMax works to get customers in and out quickly. In many cases, employees can check a client’s qualifications and process their loan within 30 minutes.

• Online application: Individuals can apply for a TitleMax loan online. This option may be especially appealing to those who want to work with TitleMax but do not live near one of their locations.

• Consumer education: Consumers interested in obtaining a title loan can visit TitleMax’s website to learn about the process of applying and qualifications. They can also follow the company’s blog for financial advice, car care tips and more.

• Best for: car and motorcycle owners facing unexpected costs or a financial emergency.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

TitleMax Company Information