Call toll free
4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. We strive to provide a superior level of customer service as we help thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan.

With thousands of convenient locations, TitleMax is here to help you obtain your next car or motorcycle title loan. Contact us today to learn more about us and what we can do for you!

TitleMax Video
View More View More

1760 TitleMax Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Had a wonderful experience with the service provided to me. Staff is friendly and made it simple for me to get a personal loan. I would most certainly send referrals to the location at Bandera and Hillcrest. Best customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The staff at the Oak Ridge office are exceptional. They are always courteous, friendly and easy to work with. They have become almost like family. They are involved in community activities and have a positive influence in our community. I look forward to our continuing relationship.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

It was quick and easy to work with TitleMax than with other lenders. I recently got a car title loan from them and to apply, I just had to bring my vehicle and my title in, then I filled out a couple of forms on their computer and that was it. The process took about 20 minutes and the rep who assisted me was very nice and friendly. She also tried to get to know me and was personal. I got into a car wreck the week before I got the loan. I used my rent money for things I wasn't expecting to use it for, so the loan helped me pay my rent. I am a repeat customer of TitleMax and I appreciate how they lowered my interest rate and tried to offer me more. They tried to make sure that I was taken care of. So go to TitleMax than anybody else because if you make your payments on time and you do what you're supposed to do, and you need them again, they're gonna be there for you.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I needed to borrow some money to pay a couple of bills for my art show. I liked the convenience that TitleMax offered, so I went with them and got a business loan. Their process was very simple. You go in, you give them your information, it takes about 25 minutes, then they cut you a check and you are on your merry little way. The two persons I dealt with at the location that I was at, Corie and Nira, were great. Even when I started to get antsy because there were other people and I was ready to leave, they calmed me down. It was a really nice experience and they had a very clean environment there.

TitleMax helped me out a lot at the time with my art show and I'd recommend them to any of my friends that needs a small loan or a little assistance. Hopefully, they deal with someone like Corie that explains everything very thoroughly. One of my fears about going into TitleMax was that they were gonna take my title and I'm gonna be stuck into this dumb ass contract. But it wasn't the case. Corie explained the payback process and everything was easy.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I visited the branch in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and my agent was Sherry. She was an absolute pleasure to speak with and work with Sherry. She was very pleasant, friendly and thorough. She explained everything in detail and made me feel very comfortable. This was my first time getting a title loan and the experience was amazing. It is very rare you find people who actually care about their job, and I feel Sherry really shows concern for the customer, as she asked me about family and we talked about life event. I thank you TitleMax for my loan and a great experience with Sherry.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

TitleMax is convenient and the reps at the location that I go to are really helpful. They don’t waste your time and take all day. They get you in and out quickly. I’ve dealt with them before. I needed some extra money and I went there to get a car title loan. The rep that I worked with has always been awesome. TitleMax has helped me out a lot.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I've used TitleMax before so I used them again and got a car title loan from them. Their lending process was good and easy which only took 20-25 minutes to complete. The lending processor who helped me and the manager there were very nice. I had a good conversation with them. Working with TitleMax was easy and nice, and the loan was easy to pay.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I saw TitleMax and I stopped by. They seemed to be a bigger company than other lenders, so I chose to go with them. Their process was okay, but they should give out paperwork to their clients. They told me that no actual document would be given to me but I would've preferred an option to print them out and have the hard paper copy. I tried to call the number they gave me twice about it but I couldn't get through to them. One person connected me to a department for old accounts which wasn’t even involved with it, then the other one didn’t know what I was talking about. That was terrible and kind of irritating. Other than that, the process took over an hour to complete and the rep I worked with was good and very friendly. Go do it with TitleMax if you need to.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

TitleMax was located right down the street from my home. I went down there and got a car title loan which I paid back with interest. Their process was weird and awkward for me. I’m not the type to do loans and it was something new. But the whole thing was done in about 30 minutes and that was fast. Also, I worked with two different people and they were both very professional, friendly, and patient. They answered all of the questions that I had at the time. Working with TitleMax relieved stress, but because I got the money for handling my business, at the same time, I had to pay more money back and that was stressful for me. Other than that, if anybody needed some money, I would refer them to TitleMax. They have an easy and quick process.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

TitleMax's manager, Tim, was really good. He’s a people person. I got a line of credit type of loan from them, just like a car title loan and the whole process was completed in about 45 minutes. I just filled out the paperwork, waited for the approval and they cut the check right there. Their reps were fine and their customer service was really good. If I have to go back to them, I will, over anybody else.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I got a car title loan from TitleMax. It was close to where I live and the process was fast and easy which only took 30 minutes to complete. Their reps were helpful with the questions that I have. I will recommend TitleMax.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

A title loan would be my last resort to get help, but if you need it, TitleMax is helpful. I got one from them and I used my loan to go back to school. The process took about 20 minutes and the rep I worked with was really nice. He was also easy to talk to and wasn't pushy. The whole thing was kind of done for me, so it was easy. With TitleMax, I didn’t have to have an extra key for my car made and that was what made me go with them initially. They also work with you if you're late, so you're not gonna lose your car if you're a day late on the loan.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We used the TitleMax once, before and this time around, I borrowed $1,000 on my truck. I called them, let them know about what I was looking for. Then I went over to talk to them, and pawn there. The processor took down my information and driver’s license. I talked for a few minutes and went through my options, how much I could borrow, and how much I’d have to pay back every month, and how long it would be. She explained everything pretty well. I went through the process of them taking pictures of my vehicle, and sent something to whomever, on the computer, and got back an okay. The whole thing from start to finish took 40mins.

Being able to borrow the money on my truck helped a lot. I was able to take care of a few things, like our rent. They only charge a decent amount compared to all the other places that you call. All the other places I’ve called and talked to wanted almost double of what I had to pay back a month on this loan. So I’d definitely tell them to go to TitleMax first.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

TitleMax told me that they were the lowest compared to other companies. I went for a car title. The processor had a good personality, she told me everything about the loan. They then gave me a check. The whole process from when I came in, gave my information and then got a approved for the loan, took 30mins. TitleMax helped me out and I would tell my friends to go there.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I talked to my old boss about getting a loan and he told me that TitleMax was the best place to go. The rep answered all my questions and didn’t get annoyed. I got a title loan on my car, something that would be quick and easy to pay off, that I’m not gonna spend a whole bunch of money and freeze my title. TitleMax was really great and professional. They explained everything to me and walked me through everything fully without losing their patience.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I needed money and when I went to TitleMax, the overall lending process was easy and smooth. I did it online at first then I went to the store. There, the process took no more than 30 minutes and I worked with a representative. The TitleMax people were amazing.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

TitleMax's lending process was good which only took about 15, 20 minutes. They wrote me a check and the funds were available as soon as the application got approved. Their customer service team informed me everything that was going on in a timely matter. Everybody was awesome. I’m satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

The lending process with TitleMax was really fast. It took me about 30 minutes. I just walked in, showed my title, driver’s license and gave a few references, and I was good. They explained everything and they were very helpful overall. I really needed the money for repairs, so TitleMax saved me in that sense. They now have an app that is real helpful and convenient. I don’t have to drive to the place, and I can just pay online.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I’ve done a title loan from TitleMax before in a different vehicle. I needed money and they made it happen. Their process was easier compared to others and the rep knew what he was doing. It only took 15 minutes to process and I was able to have an immediate access to the funds. I just took it to the bank and cashed it out. Overall, my experience was good.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

TitleMax's process was quick and easy. I got a title loan from them which took 30 minutes, max. Working with TitleMax has been good. The rep that helped me was really friendly, cool, easy to work with and nice. It has been a fun experience.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I needed some extra money real quick. TitleMax was the first I’ve seen so I went online and then I called them. I got a car title loan from them in 15-20 minutes. They made the check right there and as soon as I got it, I cashed it. Their process was quick and easy, and their customer service was good. The people were great and ready to help. It was a good experience.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I like the way that TitleMax have their stuff set up. And with them, you don’t pay all in, so some of your money goes to your principal. I got a car title loan from them and their process was great! It didn't take much time and that was pretty cool. Also, the rep I got helped me in multiple ways. There were some little glitches that I had and she gave me the avenues to get that taken care of. She had the answers I needed and that was wonderful because I was concerned about what I was gonna do. The loan has helped me immensely, too. I was really in a bind and I didn't want to do that with my car title, but it'll be all right. I feel like if there is a problem, I can tell TitleMax and they’ll work with me. All in all, I was very pleased with my experience. They were very professional and they didn't drag things. I would recommend them to anybody and if I ever need anything again, I'll go right back to them.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

My brother recommended TitleMax to me. He said the process was easier and smoother, and it didn't take as long. When I got a car title loan from them, the process took about 45 minutes to an hour. The rep that I dealt with was very nice and helpful. She made me feel comfortable with the whole process.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

TitleMax was only one that I could get a hold of so I got a title loan from them. I needed the money and I got it. Their process was great and their rep was really friendly and very professional. I was very comfortable working with them.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I looked on the internet and saw TitleMax. They were the closest one to me. I was wanting to add on to my house, so I went in and applied for a loan. That was the quickest way for me to get the money and their process took about 30 minutes to complete. While I was doing the application, their rep went ahead and put everything through. Then I went out, did the pictures, and the rest of the paperwork. I got really good help from TitleMax. I’ve referred them and I’ll be using them again next time.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I'd recommend TitleMax to a family member. I got a title loan from them and they were good. They took care of me. I kinda feel like all the little extra fees are unnecessary, but I understand that they got to make a profit, too. Their lending process was easy and quick. But mine took an hour long because it was my first time and I wanted every single thing explained. I had a great interaction with their rep and he was cute. He explained everything and they didn't turn me off. I really believed their customer service and because of that, I'd come back to them even though I don't like their fees. Also, I was able to pay my rent with the loan money, so that was awesome.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I got a car title loan from TitleMax and they came through. There was a couple of odd technicalities during the process, but I understood where they came from and why they needed them. Their attendant stayed late to help us, and went through all the paperwork. She was extremely understanding. We had kids and there was a ton of room at this TitleMax location with a little bit of something for the kids to do, so that us parents can focus on we’re trying to do without being driven nuts by our children. They really helped a lot. It made our experience comfortable.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I came across TitleMax when I looked at the reviews on the internet and I went through their lending process. It was good, quick, and took about 35 minutes. I worked with Tiffany and she was awesome, very nice, and pleasant. Working with TitleMax helped us a lot and they were very pleasant to work with. They explained everything and everything went well.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

TitleMax offered the best fair deals. They know that sometimes you go through a tough time then they help you work with your situation if you ever have a problem. My rep went over and beyond for me. She told me to read the forms which I went through each one very quick and understood everything then she got me through the process of filling that form with the information. The problem was that there was an issue with the computer and she had to restart, but she fixed it. She also told me about the new TitleMax app which really helped link everything else. You won’t have to worry about making it on time to a location, you can just be on your phone. It's more convenient and it takes an order in no time. Anything you got going on, your app’s got you right there.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

A friend of mine had told me about TitleMax. I was just told that they were quick and that they would be the best person to go to. They were very friendly. I had some questions for them because I really didn’t want my credit pulled and that was fine, so it was a closed deal. After they answer all of my questions, I was curious about how they went by doing things. I have spoken with a gentleman at first. He was really nice, and the young lady that did the application was extremely nice, told me about everything. The whole process took less than 30mins. Getting the loan solved my issues. TitleMax would be the best place to go. They have a lot of experience, and all were friendly, and they don’t try to take advantage of you.

TitleMax expert review by Lauren Fix

TitleMax was founded in Georgia in 1998 and is now one of the largest title lenders in the United States with more than 1,000 locations in 17 states across the United States. The company offers title loans and title pawns for cars and motorcycles.

• Qualifications: Those with bad credit can qualify for a loan through TitleMax. Applicants must only be 18 years old, or 19 in Alabama, have a government-issued photo ID, have a source of income and own a car or motorcycle without a lien.

• No penalties: TitleMax does not charge an additional fee if clients make a payment early or pay their loan off early.

• Speed: TitleMax works to get customers in and out quickly. In many cases, employees can check a client’s qualifications and process their loan within 30 minutes.

• Online application: Individuals can apply for a TitleMax loan online. This option may be especially appealing to those who want to work with TitleMax but do not live near one of their locations.

• Consumer education: Consumers interested in obtaining a title loan can visit TitleMax’s website to learn about the process of applying and qualifications. They can also follow the company’s blog for financial advice, car care tips and more.

• Best for: car and motorcycle owners facing unexpected costs or a financial emergency.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

TitleMax Company Information