Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax was offering a little more than the other competitor and they gave a decent amount as we needed the money for the rent. They said that we could take as long as we want, maybe a year, but that’s way too long to pay back. But they gave us really good quotes. Working with them solved the issue at the moment. Everything was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The overall process with TitleMax was easy and the lending processors were friendly. I had to sign a couple of papers, give out references and get the car checked. The loan helped me out a lot.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with TitleMax is great. I got a car title loan and the lending processor I talked with was more than welcome to work with any business I’m working with. The company helped me out with everything I needed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did not get approved for a loan with a bank so I got a brief loan from TitleMax and I am going to be paying it off this month. Their process was fast and took only about 30 minutes. I just needed the money funded to me until I got paid. They helped me out as I got a place to live.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed some money and got a car title loan from TitleMax. Their lending process was not what I expected as it went very fast. I drove up from Wilmington, which is north of Myrtle Beach about 40 minutes away and I was in and out of their office in 30 minutes. The lady was sweet and nice. I have already recommended them to somebody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I received a title loan through TitleMax. Their loan processor said how long it was going to take as soon as I got there and he was true to his word. It took about half an hour to 40 minutes total. TitleMax gave me the money I needed to help me out as well as the breathing room that I needed at the time. Moreover, they were able to say what they were going to end up doing unlike another lending place where I go in and then all of a sudden it's a different thing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The process was quick and easy. It took about an hour, and it would have been quicker if the agent didn't have to resend it. My experience with TitleMax has been good and working with them saved my behind.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax gave me a vehicle title loan which I got about 25 minutes after I walked into their office. Everything was great and the loan helped me out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in a really bad situation where it was like, "What do we do?" I availed of Titlemax's vehicle title loan and the process was really quick. I filled the thing online and it took two minutes. I got a phone call from the store manager introducing herself and what she can do for me. It was my first time and I didn't know what to expect but she was really nice about it and put me at ease. We went right in and it was done in less than an hour. It was great. I went a little late though, so she ended up staying over what she should have, but she was so sweet about it. She bent over backwards for me and that's the one that got to me. She took the extra time out of her home life. It was a wonderful experience overall and now I understand what TitleMax services are offered in case of emergencies and it's a really nice thing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a car title loan from TitleMax but I was disappointed that day. When I went in and spoke with them, the lady went out and checked the car. Then, I was told an amount to begin with. She came back after they did everything then came back again and gave me a different amount that was over $200 less than what she initially told me. She didn’t explain to me why but I took the money because I needed it. I was able to get $400 for my car and I don't understand why it was that little of an amount. I wasn’t able to get done what I needed to get done.

I went and got a car title loan for no reason and I have to pay it back. I am very upset about that but there’s nothing I can do about it. TitleMax needs to communicate with their customers a little better. If they come out and tell you you’re gonna get $600 or $700 then that’s what they should stick with. But I would recommend them. They obviously do business every day, so maybe not everybody has the experience that I had.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I went to TitleMax, they initially told me I couldn’t get the loan because I didn’t have my title 30 days. But then they went on, switched it over and took care of me. They were very nice and asked me questions. They were also very diligent about what they were doing. I sat there, listened, gave them all the information, and they took it then gave it back. It took about 30 or 45 minutes and I was on my way. The process was what I expected, but I got a different quote online from when I walked in the store.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My overall lending process with TitleMax went well. As I walked through the door, the lady took all my info and about 20 minutes later, I left. My bank account was in negative so, I had to get money back and the car title loan I got helped with that. I wish the interest rate was a little lower but I'm pretty satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about TitleMax from some of my friends and was recommended to me so I went with them. I was visiting their website then I called for help. I made an appointment, went there and had an auto loan for car repair. It was a cooperative manner from the office side so I got a good help. They checked my car and the documents. The approval was very fast and took only an hour. TitleMax is worth it because they will help especially if you are having a hard time. Like when something happened to me and my car just ended up working. I got the TitleMax loan so it's kept running well. They are excellent, friendly and experienced.

Resolution In Progress

TitleMax

Thank you for reaching out Jerrika. At TitleMax we take customer service very seriously. Your experience is not the one we want or intend to provide. Please feel free to leave a formal complaint by calling 1-800-804-5368. Our customer service reps will forward your complaint to the appropriate parties. Thank you so much for your feedback and business.

Original review: May 2, 2017

TitleMax's customer service was very bad. When I got a car loan from them, they had a horrible process. The processor was very rude. She had an attitude, was very obscene, and she made me feel very uncomfortable. I requested their general manager's phone number, but I was given falsified information, so I can't even file a complaint formally. I'm very dissatisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The first time I had seen TitleMax was on the side of the road. I walked in to loan for a truck. They got my ID, proof of address, and signature, among other things. When I went the last time, it was because I was supposed to get a discount as I had paid off my other loan and they wound up not giving it. I had to pay the regular price. The rep was trying to get the people from the main office who were responsible for the discount, to respond on something, but they never would. It was all put in the paperwork, but they'd turned it back and denied it, saying I had to pay the regular payment. That part was pretty upsetting, considering it was my first loan and I made all my payments. But apart from that, the store itself is awesome and the people there are great. They give their total attention and the loan process lasted about a half-hour. Working with them has been really amazing because when I needed the money, they were right there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My family already goes through TitleMax and they seemed like the best fit for a car title loan. The person who I went through to get my loan was the same person who dealt with my family. The rep was very courteous and professional. Also, the lending process was simple and straightforward. The process only took about 15 minutes. Anybody else would probably have a lengthier process. TitleMax really takes out the time consumption. Plus, the interest rate was perfectly reasonable. Overall, it was a very easy and excellent service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I applied for a car title loan at TitleMax. I chose them over others because I remembered their jingle. I drove past a few different lenders, but I had Googled TitleMax so I kept going until I got there. When I came at first, the guy told me what I needed because I didn't have the car. I had to go get it and bring it back later that evening for my husband's job. When I got the car there, their staff took all my information and gave it back to me. She also told me how I would have to wait till she got a response back to see how much they would give me.

Their overall lending process was fine and took about thirty minutes. Then lending processor told me I needed to make sure I make my payments on time. I told her I had spoken to the guy that was in there. My last name is different now so she called him and made sure that was okay. And then, she explained to me the process that they would take my title and send it off to another city. And then I would have to pay the whole loan amount back plus interest before I could get my title back. She took pictures of my car, came back, and we just waited and talked. Then she got a reply and that was it.

Working with TitleMax has been really good. I'm in my last semester in school and I'm about to graduate next Sunday. But I needed the money to help me pay daycare because I have two kids there. We were behind on that and so, we were able to catch up. I was able to pay my rent for the month without getting a late fee. It helped because I was able to avoid having the stress of trying to figure out how I was gonna borrow what from who and I ended up being able to have everything paid on time. It was really a blessing and I would have never thought that I could just go in so easily. It was a good, easy experience that really helped me in the long run.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been going to TitleMax before in past years and knew much about them. I had a title loan with two of my vehicles. At both times the process and experience were very well. They took care of me and we sought the information online on the system. They asked me how much I wanted for the vehicle and went ahead. Once I got the value and agreed with it, they did the paperwork. I signed everything then they gave me a check. It took about 20 minutes to go through the entire process. The lending processor was very friendly and nice. Everything was really good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a car title loan from TitleMax and it helped release all the stress I was having because I needed money for a major bill. It really helped me out by being able to pawn my title. My husband may never agree with what I did, but I didn’t have any choice at the time. The lending process was completed in 15-20 minutes and was easier than I thought it was going to be. I also had a real nice interaction with the lending processor. I would recommend TitleMax to anybody who needs a little extra money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax was the first one that popped up and the name stood out. I got a loan from them but it wasn't exactly what I thought I was going to get so I'm trying to get it refinanced by a third party. It took about an hour to process the loan. The people I dealt with were two guys and it was just a laid back environment, trying to take care of it, explaining to me the whole process and what they couldn't do. It was very straightforward. Monetary-wise they were able to help me in that one situation that I needed it. I went in there thinking that I could get more than what I got. But it doesn't take away the whole experience which was perfect. However, I feel they need to fix their online simulator to look into people a bit more and show how much they're able to get because it can be misleading.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax was excellent to work with, and was fairer with their rates compared to other lenders. We also had a very relaxed experience. They took all my information, then the vehicle out, and took pictures. They then sent it in to the company, and within 15 minutes everything was approved. They sat and explained everything in detail. Some lenders are not forthcoming about everything, but TitleMax went through every detail on the contract. They have helped a lot, and I would recommend them to anyone in need of any kind of help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax is closer than other lenders and it was pretty convenient dealing with Chris. The interaction with him was great and easy. The process was fine. I came in and got it done. I'm going in to pay tomorrow since it's only a short-term. I was shocked at the rate and I couldn't believe it. It is probably the reason why I'm paying it off right away. The only reason I did it is because Chris was nice about the process and explained it. Otherwise, I just would have said forget it and go to someone else. I wouldn't recommend it because the rate is ridiculous, but the overall interaction with Chris was fantastic.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's my second time with TitleMax working with the same lending processor. She works on their Skillman store in Dallas that I go to. My husband also did a loan there and it was smooth. I already knew what to expect and the processor told us everything we needed to know. She was really helpful. The lending process was easy as well. I recommend anyone to go there because they're really good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking up different title loan companies and TitleMax was the most appealing to me as far as advertising was concerned. Their lending process was quite easy. I like that they had the little screen in front of me where I can fill up the application instead of asking me a thousand questions and then the signature process. I've been to Alabama Title Loan and they print out a bunch of paper and had me sign a thousand pieces of paper. I hate that. So TitleMax's was a much better process to me. Working with TitleMax made me feel much relieved. It was a nice experience going in. I'm going to pay my loan but I'm sure to go back.

I've had a continued great relationship with the staff in this office in Bennettsville, SC. They are professional, helpful and gracious. John is outstanding and his staff is wonderful, I've recommended this company to many people and will continue to use their services as needed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax was more convenient as compared to other lenders. The lending process took a few hours to complete. The lady at TitleMax was good. She explained everything over the phone, and when my husband went up to her in person, she broke it down for him even more. Having TitleMax makes life easy as you don’t have to worry about it for a while but you still have to be consistent with the payments. Overall, it was fast and easy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a title loan from TitleMax and the lending process took about 20 minutes. The processor was very friendly and nice. I first heard about them on television and they’re the closest to my house.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with TitleMax wasn't really good. I went to them because I needed help with household payments and my friend was telling me about them. But, they made me feel as though my car wasn't worth anything. I did the online application before I went in. They told me one amount, then they acted like it was something totally different when I got there. My lending processor was okay, however I believe he told me a bunch of lies. The process took 1 hour. After that, I called another loan company and they offered me a lot more. So I'm waiting for my title to come in, and I'm going to pay it off. Working with TitleMax really didn't do anything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with TitleMax for a truck title loan because of their reputation. The lending process was easy, fast, and I was in and out in about 30 minutes. I sat down with the lending processor, we talked and I told him what I was looking for. He offered me more money because ultimately, my truck’s a 2014 and it’s worth a lot more than what I took for it. He was very knowledgeable, did a good job through the whole process, and met the need that I had. I filled out the paperwork then they went through my truck and approved it, and I agreed to the terms. It was a great experience and I’ll be going back up there and paying the loan off in the next couple of days.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went ahead and tried out TitleMax. Their lending process was convenient and it didn’t take too long. Their reps were also polite. They treated me fairly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Working with TitleMax has helped me pay three of my major utility bills to keep them on. Their lending process was very easy and it only took around 20 to 30 minutes. Their lending processor, Jasmine at their Lilburn, Georgia location, was amazing. She explained it very detailed if I didn't understand and was very thorough with answering any questions. Also, I've been going through some personal issues with my mom's health and she even called to check and see how my mom's doing. So overall, my experience with them has been great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax's people are friendly and have done an amazing job. I got a title pawn from TitleMax and the lending process was very easy and fast. The lending processor and I had a good time. I was in a bond and they helped me get out of that bond and get me through until other things can happen. They helped me out a lot.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The process for the car title loan at TitleMax took longer than expected because the loan processor's computer was going slow, but other than that, she was pretty good. She was also courteous. I have a bill now and another one that I didn’t expect to have but it’s all good. I had to do it.

TitleMax Company Profile