Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.01/5

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

TitleMax Video

BOTTOM LINE

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

PROS

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

CONS

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Top TitleMax Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

When I reached out to TitleMax, they helped me that day. Their overall lending process was really smooth and fast. I even paid that debt back off. My lending officer ... was really nice and fast. Working with TitleMax was really good because I needed the money to move out of the state, and it was really helpful.

TitleMax's lending process was great and took about half an hour. Erica, the rep, helped me a lot and answered all my questions, which was why I’m happy with it. It was a great experience.

TitleMax Title Loans

TitleMax car and motorcycle title loans are available in 16 states. Unlike many other loan options, you don’t need a good credit score or a bank account to qualify for a title loan. While the qualifications differ by state, the basic TitleMax title loan requirements include:

• A paid-off car or motorcycle with the title in your name
  • Proof of income
  • A government-issued ID

All makes and models of cars are eligible as collateral, and you get to keep your car while you pay off the balance of your loan.

To get started with TitleMax, head to its website and fill out its quick loan application. To find out how much money you’re eligible for, you need to provide basic information about your vehicle, including the year, make and model.

TitleMax prides itself on getting you the cash you need as quickly as possible. You can get your title loan funds in as little as 30 minutes or within one business day. TitleMax bases your loan amount on the following factors:

• State regulations
  • How much you need
  • The value of your vehicle

Depending on your state of residence, you could receive up to $10,000.

TitleMax Personal Loans

TitleMax offers personal loans up to $2,500. These loans are unsecured, so while they’re typically for small amounts, you can apply for them without collateral. To apply for a TitleMax personal loan, visit its website and fill out the personal loan application with the following information:

• Name
  • Cell phone number
  • ZIP code
  • Email address

TitleMax Universe Silver Deposit Accounts

TitleMax created the Universe Silver deposit account as an alternative way for customers to receive funds. This account gives you no-fee cash withdrawals at Visa Plus Alliance ATMs and access to your account through the TitleMax app. Other features of the TitleMax Universe Silver deposit account include:

• Reduced monthly fees of $4.95
  • No fees due to inactivity
  • No bank teller withdrawal fees
  • Optional overdraft protection

It’s important to note that you must meet the eligibility requirements to get access to these exclusive benefits. TitleMax only promises these benefits to account holders who receive at least one recurring deposit of more than $200 every 35 days.

For customers who receive at least one recurring deposit of $500 every 35 days, TitleMax has the Direct Deposit Plus account. Benefits include:

• No monthly account fee
  • No cost for balance inquiries at out-of-network ATMs
  • Optional overdraft protection

TitleMax FAQ

How long do you have to pay back a TitleMax loan?
TitleMax loan payment plans range from 30 days to several months, depending on your loan contract. TitleMax’s loan specialists work with you to create a payment plan that fits your needs.
How much can you borrow from TitleMax?
You could be eligible to borrow up to $10,000 from TitleMax, depending on your state of residence. Familiarize yourself with your state’s title loan regulations to find out how large of a loan you can receive.
What happens if you default on a TitleMax title loan?
Defaulting on a TitleMax loan could result in repossession of your vehicle.
Can I refinance my loan with TitleMax?
Yes, TitleMax offers loan refinancing services for title loans. It generally will refinance any loan that already has 20% of principal paid.
Does TitleMax check your credit?
Yes, TitleMax looks into your credit before offering you a title loan, but the company states on its website that customers with bad credit are still eligible to receive funds.

Is TitleMax legit?

TitleMax is one of the largest lending companies in the nation. It serves thousands of customers every day online and at its more than 1,000 locations. The company processes applications quickly and disburses funds within one business day, which is helpful for people who need money to handle an emergency expense. If you need cash and fit all of its criteria, check out TitleMax’s website to apply for a personal or title loan.

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

My cousin used to talk about TitleMax before he passed. He said that they are a good place to deal with because even though you get a title loan from them and you're paying it, you can go back and pay them out early. And once you pay them out early, they will deduct the interest off, while most title loan companies don’t wanna deduct the interest off.

I filled out the paperwork then they went through the procedure and took a picture of me to let the man also know that it was me inside the office getting a title loan. They also took a picture of the car and let me know the interest rate. They said, "If I keep the loan for the whole three years, that’s the amount you pay, but if you pay it off early, the interest rate will go down and once you pay it off, that’s it.”

The lending process took about 20 minutes. The manager handled my account, but she had a phone call. After she got through with her phone call, she came back. And after we went through it, she told me how to download the app and said that I could use the app or come to the office to make my payment. She said that a lot of people come in, get money, then come back in 90 days and pay TitleMax out. But if I wanna keep the loan for three years or for six months, it's up to me.

Get buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

The lady that I talked to from TitleMax was real good. She helped me and explained things to me, and we had a good conversation. I walked in there, and she was very friendly. We started talking like we’ve known each other for a long time. It was my first time but she was very friendly, and I liked her attitude. We laughed. We had a good time. She was a very nice person to talk with. I needed the title loan at the time to try to get my mortgage up, and I explained it to her and she worked with me the best she could.

I have heard a lot about Titlemax, on the news in TV, and it was like, some place I wanted to go. I had a car title loan and it’s a 2014 Corolla. It took 30 to 45 minutes for the process to be completed. It was my fault because I missed a line and they had to start the computer on ‘cause I had hit the wrong button. So, the rep had to start over. But it wasn’t that long. I had a very good experience there. In fact, when I get this one paid off and if I need to go back, I’ll go back down to Tasha, the rep I talked with.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Recently, I had to go to another position with my job and that was a little hurtful for me. Adjusting with that, I needed more money and I also run another business. I was in a financial situation, but I always heard negative things about auto title loans from people, that when they got one, they felt like they were robbed. I never got a title loan or even tried to look into getting one. However, my mom got a loan with TitleMax and they were just what she said. She referred me, so I went over, tried it out and loved it. It was a fantastic experience. It made me feel comfortable and not feel like I was robbed.

Everything was explained to me and it sounded fair, so I read the terms and conditions and went forward. The rep was super professional and very attentive. She needed to do a vehicle inspection, which didn’t take long. She just went outside, did the inside/outside, and came back in. She let us know that her evaluation said my truck was in good condition, and that was it. The customer service was awesome and I complimented her during our service. TitleMax helped me because I needed the money. Also, being able to still keep my vehicle was a huge blessing.

TitleMax response

Thanks Kera, we appreciate your feedback. We're glad that we were able to help you and it's great to hear that you had a good experience with us. Please reach out if there is anything else we can help you with!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

TitleMax is in the neighborhood. I saw the building and I chose to go with them because of the location. But I went in twice and they were pretty busy. I didn't know if anybody was at the front desk and I waited for about 10 minutes but nobody came to the front. The very first time I went in, they were very accommodating and very helpful, but I decided not to do the loan at that time. Then I went back and that was when it looked like there were four guests but nobody was at the desk. They looked understaffed with three or four in line in front of me. So, I came back and there was another person in front of me there but once I sat down with somebody, the process was super quick.

I got a title loan and it took 20 minutes to complete the process. I gave them my driver's license, some personal information like my address, my income and expenses as well as the title itself. Then they took pictures of the vehicle but they did not have to drive it. All in all, they were super nice and the rep who assisted me was a super great guy. Also, working with TitleMax was a pressure release valve for me. As a small business owner, it really helps in a quick pinch for that cash, so the loan helped quite a bit.

TitleMax response

Thanks Mark, we appreciate your feedback. We are always trying to improve and learn from past experiences and would like to learn more about your recent visit with us. Please feel free to reach out to us at 1 (800) 804-5368 so that we can get more details about your situation. From there we can contact the appropriate parties and work through any issues.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I first moved here in Texas from Florida, and the Realtor I was working with recommended TitleMax. I have two cars, and then I had to make a trip back to Florida. And my credit card is broken, so I thought maybe I should seek something on one car because I have two cars. So, I called a couple companies, but then I picked TitleMax because they are closer to where my house is. I just bought a house here. And when I went in, everybody was very nice. They explained things thoroughly and gave me the rate and the amount and how long I have. The person who helped me was a great lady.

The rate is a little high, but that’s expected. That was my first time doing something like that. And because I don’t have a mortgage, I can afford it. I was at TitleMax probably for half an hour. The person I worked with went outside, took pictures, and then she came back. We waited for approval, and then when the approval came through, she told me how much I was approved for. And then, she told me how long I have to pay it. I signed all the papers and I signed online. I was very satisfied.

TitleMax response

Hi Mireille, thanks for reaching out about your experience. We're glad that our representatives were able to help you and that you had great customer service. We appreciate your business!

Original review: June 12, 2020

I received two title loans from these folks in October and November 2019 unaware of how they do business. They did not make the deal clear to me as to how they were using loopholes in the lending laws to legally rob consumers. All the reviews here must be fake cause nobody would be happy with losing their hard-earned vehicles to these crooks.

They charge thousands of dollars per month for what they call managing your loan and claim not to be the lender. Then after you've paid all of this to them you realize not one dime has been put to the loan principal. Then they had me go to another town and sign for another term and nothing given to me. The principal balances jumped up thousands of dollars. Then after three months, they claimed I am in default on a 30-day loan that has been going for 8 or 9 months and now have taken my wife's needed work vehicle and are in process of taking my vehicle needed to make a living. We borrowed 18000.00 and paid them approx. 19000.00 and still supposedly owe 23000.00. Now we are being robbed of our vehicles. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! WARNING!!!

Original review: May 20, 2020

I visited TitleMax on airline and the store manager was super friendly, nice, very helpful, Ms Lachell **. She need a raise. One bad thing is my money was stolen. Reported it but can’t get my money back. Sad case. They are no help.

TitleMax response

We are glad you had a positive experience with our team but sorry to hear about the theft. Please let us know if we can provide any details for a police report or an investigation. Please feel free to reach out to our customer resolutions hotline at 1 (800) 804-5368.

Original review: April 16, 2020

Due to covid19 I have been out of work since March 15,2020 of no fault of my own. Per the governor we were forced to close the dr office. I called office and spoke with the GM who showed no empathy or option except give me a few days to pay them. If I haven’t had any income you would think people who care would wonder how you are eating, etc. I called my location to check if I could get an extension or assistance since we have no money, and I was given an indifferent, uncaring response of "There's nothing we can do. You basically should just pay it because interest builds up on late fees. If you want, come visit us." This is not right to the hard working people who work so hard to pay all this money to y’all and I’ve always paid mine early or day of. This is the only loan of bill I have that is not helping at all!

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback! We are committed to supporting our customers during this challenging time and appreciate your patience while we try to accommodate as many customers as we can on an individual basis. At this time we are not charging late fees in most states and have stopped involuntary collateral recoveries for the foreseeable future. You can read more about our continuing efforts here: https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks/covid-19-coronavirus-update-protecting-our-team-members-and-customers-2/. Please continue to reach out to your local store and talk to us so that we can assist you further. We appreciate your business.

Original review: April 15, 2020

The people that work for TitleMax, are very friendly and knowledgeable. However, these loans have interest so high, that you will pay back 3x of what you borrowed. DON'T DO IT!! They do not need to charge that much interest, yet greed requires them to prey on people less fortunate. I think that is horrible and I will NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN!!! You should not either.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I called the location where I obtained a car loan. My question to the store manager was, "Can I make a payment 12 days past the due date without any penalties?" His rude ** stated that this company do not offer any extension of any kind. I have paid these people faithly for 18 mos. I would be paying this loan out soon. This company don't need to be in business. There needs to be better laws in place for companies that has all the intention of ripping off people.

TitleMax response

We encourage you to reach back out to your store and maintain an open line of communication with us so we can better assist you.

TitleMax Company Information