4.59/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. We strive to provide a superior level of customer service as we help thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan.

With thousands of convenient locations, TitleMax is here to help you obtain your next car or motorcycle title loan. Contact us today to learn more about us and what we can do for you!

TitleMax Video
View More View More

2032 TitleMax Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 9, 2019

I needed some quick cash and I had some titles vehicles. I used TitleMax and their lending process was quick and easy. It took 30 minutes to an hour. The people who were working there were generally nice and knowledgeable and they were willing to work with me. The interest and stuff that I have to pay is high but I didn't have any other alternatives at the time. One has got to pay on time where they don't accumulate so much extra interest. Other than that, it was a good experience for me. While it cost me a lot of money in the long run, they bailed me out from a hard situation and that's the nature of what it is.

Get expert buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I went to TitleMax here in Shelbyville, TN 531 Madison street. I was extremely impressed with there customer service skills. They was well mannered & respectful and very fast. I would highly recommended them to anyone. It's a Grade A Establishment. The person who I dealt with was **. Thank you for the wonderful experience. I will be coming back in the future.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I heard about TitleMax through a family member and when I went there, I had a good process with them. The lending process was quick and easy, which took about 5 minutes. However, they need to work on their app ‘cause sometimes it has problems when trying to pay.

Original review: April 6, 2019

TitleMax's loan process has always been very easy and great. The first loan I ever got was only for two months and I paid it off. The paperwork doesn't take long with all being an automated system, and everybody's always really helpful and friendly. I love TitleMax.

Original review: April 6, 2019

The reps of TitleMax pretty much walk you through everything and explain everything fairly well. I was there 45 minutes and it was finished. The lending process was fairly quick. They were very helpful in explaining how the payment on the loan went. They’re very informative. There was no confusion like there tends to be sometimes when you’re getting loans from lenders. TitleMax definitely helped me out in the time that I needed it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: April 5, 2019

I obtained a car title loan from TitleMax. Their reps were friendly. They wanna give the money for the title and the car, and when the payment was almost paid off, they started telling me to come back and give me more money. The rates are ridiculously high and they get you at a vulnerable time, and I'm on a fixed income. So, the lending process is a vicious circle. You never get to pay it off and that's where I am. I'm stuck and I need to get rid of it.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I got a car title loan from TitleMax. The lending process was easy and the customer service was great. The people were very nice and patient. The way they explained everything went very well. The whole process took no more than 10 to 15 minutes. TitleMax helped a lot because of my health and what I was going through.

Original review: April 3, 2019

TitleMax is the place to go if you have an emergency. Or need extra cash. The Customer Service Representatives are courteous, friendly, and very knowledgeable. Thank you TitleMax for your wonderful customer service. I had a very wonderful experience. Keep up the wonderful work and keep smiling.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I would recommend the Roebuck location to anyone interested in getting a title loan. The young lady Ms.** was beyond helpful. She answered all my questions and concerns. She made me feel very welcome and the whole time we spoke she kept a smile on her face. I definitely will be back because she knows the true meaning of customer service.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Every time I'd go to TitleMax, their reps have been really nice. They've had rapport with me and they've been really good people. I initially got a title loan on the Airport and the second time was in Government, and their reps were really nice and friendly.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Working with TitleMax has given me the funds to do what I need to do. Lending from them went quick and their reps were friendly and able to answer all my questions. They’re very nice people.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I needed the money and TitleMax was the first lending company that I went to. I got a car title loan with them. The overall lending process was great. the loan processors were professional and dealing with them was great too. To obtain the title loan, I just had to bring in my car and my title, then they gave me the money. The total process took 20 minutes. I was consolidating little payments and I wasn’t backed up, and working with TitleMax helped me pay a bill that I needed to pay.. People should go with them.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I've had to use TitleMax a couple times. I got a car title loan and Tim, the rep at the particular office I went to, was great. He already knows me. When I walked in he said, “Hey, Rob, how are you doing? What can I help you with today?” So, the experience has been great. Everything was good. TitleMax helped me get through a situation I was in, and I was very grateful that that option was available too.

Original review: March 29, 2019

So friendly, fast and efficient and I love that all the people are nice and Kayla is always so super helpful and ready to help. I would recommend time and time again and would love working with these girls on a daily basis.

Original review: March 29, 2019

TitleMax has a high interest rate. But the lending process was quick and easy, and the rep answered all my questions.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I liked TitleMax. I dealt with them before and they were very understanding with me. I got a car title loan and their lending process was easy. The entire process took 20 to 30 minutes or a little more and the loan officer was good. She was excellent. TitleMax has made my life easier at the time. I'm very satisfied with them.

Original review: March 28, 2019

AJ is my favorite, he is always ready to help. He is very friendly and professional. If you need a title loan go see AJ, he will make it happen. I would refer anyone to go here,I've tried other places, no comparison. TitleMax is the best by far.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I heard about TitleMax through a reference and I got a car title loan from them. The process took 30 minutes to complete.

Original review: March 28, 2019

TitleMax was close to our area. I did a car title pawn and the process was fairly quick and easy. It took about 30 minutes from start to finish. So, it was very simple. The reps were very helpful and professional. The loan helped me with some unexpected expenses. And it’s been very simple to pay it back.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I'd seen TitleMax and it's the quickest place, plus it's close by. I got a car loan and the overall process was easy, quick and convenient. The rep was knowledgeable and they were they able to answer my questions.

Original review: March 26, 2019

My experience with TitleMax was good. I heard it through a referral. Getting a car title loan was very easy and convenient. The process was completed in a couple of minutes. The lending processor was very helpful, too.

Original review: March 26, 2019

The car title loan I got from TitleMax was very helpful. The loan process was completed in about 10 to 15 minutes, and the rep I worked with was great. I was greeted well and asked what they could help me with. I told them, and they helped me out.

Original review: March 25, 2019

The lady that assisted me was very helpful and knowledgeable. She greeted me and asked me to have a seat. She was assisting someone else, but she started me on a computer. Once she finished with the other customer, she got back with me. It was very fast and very easy. So I wasn't in there no longer than about 20 minutes. It was around Christmas time when I got the loan, so it allowed me to help provide Christmas for my kids and things like that with the holiday. I would recommend TitleMax.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I got a car title loan from TitleMax, and their reps were very nice. I disliked that they charge $150 a month, and only $20 will go towards the principal. It didn't make sense that it took us six years to pay off $800. We paid about $3,600 back out of 800 because it was only $20 going on on the loan. The rest of the $110 will go in on the principal. I've recommended a couple of people to go to TitleMax, and they came by pissed off with my wife and I because it took them a long time to pay their loan off unless they could pay the principal at the first of the month and come back before the month is up and pay it off.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I've done TitleMax before, so it was basically set up in the computer. Everything lined up when I walked, and it was pretty quick and easy, and I was thankful for that. They were really clear and to the point. The representative that I talked to was really good. I liked the streamlined process. TitleMax has always helped me out. Everything has always been good. I'm happy.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I got a loan from TitleMax a year and a half ago and that went fine. In my second time with them, I got a title loan for my truck. The lending process was good and took 20 minutes to complete. They're good people and I would recommend everybody to go there. The service was what I liked most in working with TitleMax.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I was with TitleMax six years ago and then I came in again. Their new lending process uses modern technology and I like it better. We used to have all the paperwork and signing all the stuff. In terms of customer service, I love the representatives. Ruben, the manager that I dealt with years ago, was there when I first started with TitleMax. He is still there so it's like family with them and I've enjoyed going back. They're doing quite well. It's a good business and helps people that need help. My experience with them has been good and I've been blessed both times in receiving lending service from them.

Original review: March 22, 2019

The people at TitleMax were very courteous. I got greeted and everybody was nice. They did what they had to do and they made me happy. TitleMax got good customer service, and working with them put me ahead.

Original review: March 21, 2019

TitleMax is right up the street from my house so I saw them and went in. I pawned my title and the overall lending process was quick. I’ve been there many times before. The reps have been very nice and courteous to me, so I went back. I always go back there as I really like going up there and dealing with them. It was very nice dealing with the lending processor. The reps are very friendly people. They've been very helpful and suggested things. They always told me that if I referred somebody to them, I could call them for gift certificates during the holidays. By working with TitleMax, I was able to pay the bills that I really needed to pay. I would tell friends whom to ask for and to go to that office because everybody that I've dealt with there have been so supportive and helpful, and they've gotten for me the maximum amount for my vehicle.

Original review: March 20, 2019

The interest rates of TitleMax weren’t as high as that of the other lenders, so I decided to work with them. When I went in and talked to their reps, they were all friendly and nice people. They were really good and polite. The overall lending process was very easy and fast. The last time that I went in there, I got a title loan from them and it only took me 15 minutes since I had been there before. To fulfill the requirements for the loan, I had to have insurance on my vehicle, then they took pictures of my vehicle and checked the mileage on it, and asked me about my income and if my address and phone number were correct. TitleMax worked with me if I was gonna be a day or two late with my payment. They let me come in a day or two late, although I had to pay a little interest, but that was better. I had an accident, so working with them allowed me to get my medication and catch up on a couple of bills that I owed. My experience with TitleMax was fine and I would tell friends to go with them.

TitleMax expert review by Lauren Fix

TitleMax was founded in Georgia in 1998 and is now one of the largest title lenders in the United States with more than 1,000 locations in 17 states across the United States. The company offers title loans and title pawns for cars and motorcycles.

• Qualifications: Those with bad credit can qualify for a loan through TitleMax. Applicants must only be 18 years old, or 19 in Alabama, have a government-issued photo ID, have a source of income and own a car or motorcycle without a lien.

• No penalties: TitleMax does not charge an additional fee if clients make a payment early or pay their loan off early.

• Speed: TitleMax works to get customers in and out quickly. In many cases, employees can check a client’s qualifications and process their loan within 30 minutes.

• Online application: Individuals can apply for a TitleMax loan online. This option may be especially appealing to those who want to work with TitleMax but do not live near one of their locations.

• Consumer education: Consumers interested in obtaining a title loan can visit TitleMax’s website to learn about the process of applying and qualifications. They can also follow the company’s blog for financial advice, car care tips and more.

• Best for: car and motorcycle owners facing unexpected costs or a financial emergency.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

TitleMax Company Information