4.51/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. We strive to provide a superior level of customer service as we help thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan.

With thousands of convenient locations, TitleMax is here to help you obtain your next car or motorcycle title loan. Contact us today to learn more about us and what we can do for you!

TitleMax Video
View More View More

TitleMax Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

My cousin used to talk about TitleMax before he passed. He said that they are a good place to deal with because even though you get a title loan from them and you're paying it, you can go back and pay them out early. And once you pay them out early, they will deduct the interest off, while most title loan companies don’t wanna deduct the interest off.

I filled out the paperwork then they went through the procedure and took a picture of me to let the man also know that it was me inside the office getting a title loan. They also took a picture of the car and let me know the interest rate. They said, "If I keep the loan for the whole three years, that’s the amount you pay, but if you pay it off early, the interest rate will go down and once you pay it off, that’s it.”

The lending process took about 20 minutes. The manager handled my account, but she had a phone call. After she got through with her phone call, she came back. And after we went through it, she told me how to download the app and said that I could use the app or come to the office to make my payment. She said that a lot of people come in, get money, then come back in 90 days and pay TitleMax out. But if I wanna keep the loan for three years or for six months, it's up to me.

Get expert buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2019

A friend of mine told me that their relative had a good experience with TitleMax. I just got a small loan because I needed some work done on my car. TitleMax was awesome and unbelievable. I provided them with a copy of the released lien paperwork, a copy of the lien itself, and my driver’s license. The reps were so great, and patient because when I came in there, I thought I had a regular title, but all I had was the lien release and that wouldn’t work. Then they pulled up a picture and said that was what I needed, and I knew I had that somewhere too. Filling out the paperwork was so easy and so great that I could do it myself, then the rep took over after I was all done. I got approved for the loan in a couple minutes, but it seemed like seconds.

It was such a relief to be able to work with TitleMax because I just went through a nasty divorce and paid all these attorney fees. My ex-husband left me with nothing, moved in with his girlfriend, and took all my savings. Then I found out when we were selling our house that it had a lien, so I had to use all my savings to pay that. I was just starting a job and I just moved into a condo. I lost my bid on my house because I ended up with hardly anything and just enough to move in to my new house. The only consolation that I have is that I was able to get that loan because, if not, I wouldn’t have had the ability to get my car fixed.

The lending process was so easy once I got everything I needed. The only reason why I struggled was because I just recently moved, so I was a little discombobulated. But to be able to have the flexibility to go through that emergency was such a relief after moving, the divorce, and custody. You really need to have TitleMax as an option if you have an emergency. I love them.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I never got a loan before so I was a little nervous. TitleMax was close to my house so I went there just to inquire but I felt really comfortable with the representative who helped me so I ended up staying in there. I have very minimal sight right now so she walked through things with me and explained the whole process before we even did it. I asked questions as far as my vehicle and how it would go with the loan. She answered the questions clearly and gave additional information. She was pretty detailed and I felt like there wasn’t anything hidden. There were no gray areas which is what I liked. I like it bold, straight and forward.

TitleMax's process was easier than I thought. I just got out of the hospital and needed to move rather quickly because of a respiratory problem that was the result of where I was living, so she’d seen the urgency. I needed it because the opportunity that I had to move where I am now moved into would have been definitely taken by someone else if it was on the market any longer.

I also wanted to be discreet as far as the amount goes and she caught on that quickly. My three children were there and I didn't want more information to be shared than needed to out loud. So when we started talking, all the way down to when I was approved, she was pretty discreet about it, as well as with what I was approved for and how to go through it. However, it would have been nice if the cost was a little bit lower.

She also assisted with the application by doing everything electronically and explained thoroughly each step of the way of what was being done like taking pictures of my vehicle to what it was for. Then, there was another employee there who distracted my kids a little bit while I was taking care of finalizing some things.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I Googled title loans and TitleMax was the first one that came up. Once I clicked on the website and started looking at the rates, all I needed to apply seemed pretty easy. So, I just went in person and it was the easiest process I’ve ever been in as far as title loans, getting through them, and them just being helpful and very informative are concerned.

I had to take my vehicle in so they can inspect it -- they looked at the mileage and looked at the damage to it if there was any. Then from there, they gave me a price range to what my car could qualify for. Then once I picked the amount of loan I would like, then that was when we started talking about numbers and how much it would be a month. From there, once we set a rate and an amount, then I went ahead and just set up the application, and that only took 10 minutes. Shortly after that, they printed out the check for me and then they just went over the final guidelines to the loan as to when I have to pay it off and all the fees that are already included with the amount. The process took under probably an hour.

The lending processor was very nice and informative. I have never done a title loan before, so I wasn’t too sure what to expect going in, but she was very good at just explaining everything every step of the way, just keeping me in the process and not making sure I’m confused or I don’t know what I’m doing. TitleMax has helped me pretty well. I just needed a short-time loan and they were very cooperative as to helping me and understanding things. I wanna get the best rate possible if I can as to what I can afford and they were very understanding with that. As to like a couple other places that had talked to me, they just weren’t very negotiable with rates. It's convenient and very easy.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I had a wonderful experience with TitleMax. I decided to get a loan from them because of their Interest rate. I didn’t need the money that long so I was gonna pay it right back off, and some of the other places had other fees. The process of TitleMax is nice. I was able to do most things online, talk to someone at the branch, make an appointment and go in. The process took like an hour and that could’ve definitely been a little shorter. But the girl at the branch, Kimberly, was very professional and was very helpful.

I almost wasn’t going to get the TitleMax loan, just because I thought that I could probably go to my credit union and do better. She contacted her manager, and she asked if she could lower the interest rate from 15% to 10, then some change. When he agreed to that, I went ahead and did business with them. But had she not done that, I would've probably left. Working with TitleMax was really helpful because I was in a bind from the holidays. I thought I had some time to float and not pay my rent and use my next check, but my landlord put a pay-rent-or-quit three-day notice on my door. TitleMax was able to help me get my rent money that I needed to pay that off really quickly and not have to stress too much. It was quick, easy and painless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Mrs. P (i abbreviated her name because I did not want to spell it wrong) is an awesome manager with great customer service... I've been to the location on Mercury blvd. in Hampton, Va. twice and nothing but a pleasant and speedy visit each time. I had no problems with her or this location at all and would definitely refer to others if they need a place to go. Five star ratings would give more if I could.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I came into the Center Point, Alabama store on 10-21-2019? Was only given a $100.00 for my title? My first payment was due on 11-20-2019? Well, I was able to pay it off on 11-6-2019? A total of $117.99? I left the store with what I thought was Assurance of receiving my title the following day? Never received a phone call for the rest of the week? Went back a week later, and was told the same thing that I would receive a phone call the following day again? It's been a total of 19 days, and I still haven't received my title? I was supposed to renew my car tag at the end of October? And I haven't been able to drive my car cause I don't have a tag and I'm not trying to get any unnecessary tickets that only I will be stuck paying and jeopardize losing my license? I believe Title Max owes me more than just an apology for not living up to their companies Integrity and policies?

Courtney

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Everything went great with TitleMax. Britney and Olive were pretty good. They did a wonderful job. I got a car title loan, and it did help me. I had an emergency bill that I had to pay and it ended up being like 1,400. So, I had to pawn my title. I told them I didn't wanna pawn the title until I got the car kinda fixed up. But when I got there, I was ashamed about doing it and worried about what people would think. But they most definitely made me feel comfortable with the loan, and said that everything's gonna be okay.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

TitleMax is the only one around where I live. It took 30 to 45 minutes for the lending process to be completed when I applied for a truck title loan. Carmen, the manager knew what she was doing. Other than wait, she was helping the other or her employees facing a lot of questions. But I think it took long because some of their computers went down. So, everybody was using the same computer and waiting to do a transaction with another customer. It was like three agents working with one computer. They have their computer each one, but I think the system went down on the other computer. Working with TitleMax helped me a lot. I got the money that I was looking for.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

This company feeds off your struggling. It advertises as a quick hand up when you're in a bind however it's like a wolf in sheep wool. I went into a Memphis, TN location and got a 660.00 loan in July. I have never been late nor have I missed a payment. I have since then paid back 466.95 and I still owe somehow 611.00 still to pay. I'll tell you how; it's because only 3% of each payment goes toward the actually principle of your loan. So although I was a good borrower and trying to do the right thing. I will be in this vicious cycle trapped. DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT IT. The interest rate is between 206.4805% and 151.7305% and the repayment percent is only 3%. I hate I ever did this because a helping hand doesn't always help. I will never use a title loan service again it is just a money pit. I just want to warn against PREDATORY LENDING COMPANIES LIKE THIS.

TitleMax expert review by Lauren Fix

TitleMax was founded in Georgia in 1998 and is now one of the largest title lenders in the United States with more than 1,000 locations in 17 states across the United States. The company offers title loans and title pawns for cars and motorcycles.

• Qualifications: Those with bad credit can qualify for a loan through TitleMax. Applicants must only be 18 years old, or 19 in Alabama, have a government-issued photo ID, have a source of income and own a car or motorcycle without a lien.

• No penalties: TitleMax does not charge an additional fee if clients make a payment early or pay their loan off early.

• Speed: TitleMax works to get customers in and out quickly. In many cases, employees can check a client’s qualifications and process their loan within 30 minutes.

• Online application: Individuals can apply for a TitleMax loan online. This option may be especially appealing to those who want to work with TitleMax but do not live near one of their locations.

• Consumer education: Consumers interested in obtaining a title loan can visit TitleMax’s website to learn about the process of applying and qualifications. They can also follow the company’s blog for financial advice, car care tips and more.

• Best for: car and motorcycle owners facing unexpected costs or a financial emergency.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

TitleMax Company Information