4.52/5
Based on 787 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. We strive to provide a superior level of customer service as we help thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan.

With thousands of convenient locations, TitleMax is here to help you obtain your next car or motorcycle title loan. Contact us today to learn more about us and what we can do for you!

TitleMax Video
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 17, 2018

1271 TitleMax Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I have never received such respect in a loan company as I have from this store (E. Broadway Tucson). A special thanks to Meagan for being so helpful and polite, and of course Carlos always respectful. Totally recommend this store 100%. Thanks guys!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I would like to thank TitleMax in Waco Texas for their outstanding customer service in reference to Sheryl and the other staff not only for them lending me money in my time of need but for their understanding when I wasn't able to pay my loan (which would be my 2nd payment) and yet they still understood that I was not able to pay on the actual due date. They have a great customer service and I would definitely recommend and my friends and family to use their service.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

It's handy to have TitleMax but the rates are high so I was disappointed about that. Still, you can borrow money pretty fast over there and it's easy. Both of the ladies were very nice and the entire process only took an hour. It helped us solve a little problem we had yesterday and that was nice.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I am absolutely FURIOUS with TitleMax. Whenever I went to get this "loan" from this horrid place I was UNINFORMED that the entire loan had to be paid in 30 days and if not the "minimum payment" that you make when it comes to the due date does not add on to the principal amount of the loan it is just interest. Not only that, that last time I called I spoke with a RUDE lady who refused to give me her name and help me. I asked for a manager or somebody over her, because the lady I spoke to before her LIED to me about being able to make a payment arrangement.

The employees SUCK, their attitudes are awful, they do NOT know what they are talking about, and this is nothing but a damn scam to get money from innocent people. They need to be more clear on what this loan is when you sell it because I was under the impression from THEIR employees that it could be paid out in installments, but once again nothing but LIES. I will never refer this stupid company to anyone and I hope it shuts down. If you need money choose something else. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I would rate it a no star if I could.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I went to Titlemax. Looking for a loan for my truck which I owned. They would give me a loan, but you can never pay it off. They wanted over $600 a month to pay off $5000. Once I spoke to the lady I asked her how long it was for. She said it depends on how much more you pay over the $600 a month. The $600 was a fee. People loan sharks in New York don't charge this much. I am going to take them down. By the way I found a way to get a loan at a credit union, and have $150 per month, and have about a year left because I paid extra. TitleMax is as crooked as they come and need to be dealt with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I’ve heard that TitleMax is pretty good with title loans. The lending process took about 15-20 minutes. I walked in and the rep that I’ve talked to went in to secure with my vehicle and put in my information. The rep then gave me the amount that I could get for my title. I was wanting more for my title, and the lending processor did everything he could to try and get it there. It was also very simple and easy with customer service, and they were really friendly too. One of them had a problem on the computer and then his co-worker helped him in a timely manner. Working with TitleMax has helped me pay bills that were behind. So far, it's good with them. I would tell friends that if they need a title loan to go with Titlemax because they’re very easy to get it done.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I hate more than anything taking out a title loan but AJ ** has been amazing help. I would advise against taking a title loan out but if you're going to do it, go through TitleMax. Great customer service.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

TitleMax was more reputable than the other lenders. I did a pre-approval thing online and then they called me and told me to come in and finish the process. I went there and was greeted at the door. I filled out the application process, waited for the return, and was given the amount that they gave me. The process was completed after 40 minutes. The lady in there was really friendly, polite and helpful. And although she was all by herself and had someone else she was helping at the time, she did well for her situation. I would recommend my friends to get a hold of TitleMax. I had a pleasant and easy experience with them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

When I went to TitleMax, I was seated at a desk and a young lady explained what documents I needed. She ensured I had everything and then she told me how the loan works and the repayment options. Unfortunately, the process took over an hour because when she went in to put in my odometer reading for my mileage, it was wrong, so she had to redo the entire submission. But she was very apologetic and it was fine. It was a nice relief to know that with TitleMax, I could go and get a loan without hassle or a ridiculous requirement. It was a very simple process.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

My mom was like, "If you need a lender, TitleMax would be the place to go". I then said, "Let me try it out". They were real helpful whenever I got there. They weren't pushy at all, unlike when I've gotten loans before from others. The guy who helped me was awesome. He explained everything as he went through and any questions we had, he answered them promptly and he knew everything he was talking about. TitleMax usually explained to me all the options, and there's other routes I can go. The time of night was at a better time and it really helped me. There were perfect things to do at the time, so I did it. Application took about an hour and a half though, because we did the application, they sent it in, then the rep had to redo it again apparently. But I would recommend TitleMax' service to others and send them that way if that was what they were looking for, if they absolutely needed that kind of loan.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

TitleMax, compared to different lenders, was convenient. I got a title loan from them and the overall lending process was easy. They got the car and had to do an inspection on it and I had to have the title. This whole process took 30 minutes and the rep was very professional. I'd recommend TitleMax.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Upon entering TitleMax 217 Roebuck Pkwy, I was greeted immediately by Ms **. I found her to be very knowledgeable, extremely friendly and uplifting. The best part is that these qualities and others appeared genuine which seems to be rare these days. I was somewhat apprehensive as this was the first time for me to go through the process, but I felt quickly at least ease due to not only Ms. ** but to the positive atmosphere of the office as well. I was in and out in 30 mins as advertised. I would not hesitate at all to refer anyone to this particular location who needs their services.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

The people at TitleMax were very nice. I applied for a title loan for a vehicle and their application was paperless. They made me come in and they took a picture of my car and me, too. I wished the process was a little bit different, though. They advertise giving a larger amount but when I went in, I got such a low amount. And then I called and asked if it was possible to receive what I asked for. I needed it because I was closing on my house. And I realized that it was what it was. I got the title loan and the interest rates on them are very high. It was a temporary fix and I wish after I did it that I wouldn't have done it. It kind of made a bigger headache and I can't wait to be done with it. I definitely won't do it again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I used TitleMax years ago and my son reminded me about them. I used them again and when I went in, they asked me if I have an old account. They pulled that information up and I updated it. And it was simple doing everything on the computer. The representatives were great. But from beginning to end, the process took at least 30 minutes which was too long for me. Also, their process of evaluating the vehicle was antiquated. We had someone took the pictures. They sent it to someone who wasn't really there and throughout that process, they lowered the amount that I could receive.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

TitleMax was what we needed and it worked for us. We got a title pawn for a car and the lending process was good and completed in an hour. Debbie was my loan representative and she was knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. We had talked on the phone prior to me going so everything was already set up. Also, everybody was nice, informative and I kind of got in and out.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

TitleMax is right down the street from my house. It was convenient, and the process of getting a title loan for a car was very easy and it took half an hour. I just had to provide identification, check stubs, and a couple of references. Their loan processor was a very nice and helpful guy. I wasn't able to get what we needed but he tried very hard to get us as much as he could. I still had to borrow more money but what I got from TitleMax helped.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

TitleMax is all up and down the road here in Nashville and Nolensville Road. My wife and I went in with the thought of possibly trying to get more money, but we ended up getting an amount based on the car's value. There were three people in there that day and even though it was a little cool in the building, I knew the weather had been bad. Something was wrong with the heat, but they provided a very warm environment for us when we headed there. They made us feel very welcome and provided quality friendly service which meant a lot to us.

The pride thing played into us, but all their staff, and mainly to the young lady who was working with someone else, really made us feel comfortable and answered all questions I would have had. They provided a very professional atmosphere, so, we were extremely pleased with the service that we received there. It was a wonderful experience. They were very helpful to us at a very needy time and I was very impressed.

People go through things and situations, and if someone showed their hand and was comparing this and that, I wouldn't hesitate to let them know about TitleMax. When a friend of mine shared that he went into a jam and needed a quick fix to get it all sorted out, that made it easy for me to share that we were at TitleMax a couple of weeks ago. I told him how things went and he was excited to check them out. He owns a 2002 Lexus and he was planning to go there with his wife, too. He called me back later that day, though, and said he was a little disappointed because they only offered them between $500 and $800. He thought that the value of the car would have been more, so, he ended up not doing business with them that day.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

TitleMax had the best reviews and the best customer service, plus they had the best site. The lending process was fast, and the rep was very helpful and she answered all of my questions. They helped me out during a tight moment.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I was online looking for someplace where I can loan money quickly, and the research led me to TitleMax. I got a title loan via car, and my experience was good. I just brought in my title and I showed the rep the license. So, she started the application then and it was on a huge tablet where I can type in everything. And then, after I was done, she signed the application that I had with a few initials and signatures. They had to verify it and get authorization from someone. She gave me the check after that. The process lasted about 20 minutes. And if my friends' cars have to be paid off and they need money quickly, then I would tell them that TitleMax can do it for them.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I had my car in the shop and when I called TitleMax to tell them they don't care as long as they get their money. They have slapped 128.28 late fees on me. They charge 194.50 apr. They are liars. All they care about is the money and ripping people off. I have try to go in with half the payment and they refuse it and they told me I couldn't pay them 100.00 a week. It was not acceptable so watch people with them.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

My experience with TitleMax was great. I was referred there by my mom, who had gone to them with me and they did really good service. The lending process took 30 minutes and was simpler than I thought it would be. The processor was Jerell and he made me feel like I’d known him forever. He was really cool. Hopefully I won’t have to return, but if I do, that’ll be where I go.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I had used TitleMax before and I used them again for a car loan. Their process was fast. They just needed my title, driver’s license, proof of income and they checked my car. Their processor was professional, friendly and courteous. I lost my father just last week and they were fast about getting everything done, which I needed at that time. He was really understanding about the situation and he really helped me out the best he could. It was good working with TitleMax because I’m able to not think too much about money. I was afraid that I was going to lose my apartment, but because I was able to get hold of everything, I’m okay now. It was a good experience. Their service was good and I would recommend them to a friend. I would say that they helped me and that I think they would be able to help them find anything they need too.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

We got in a bind and needed some money. I had a bonus that didn't come in on time and so we had already planned for that money to go other places and our loan enabled us to do the things we needed to do. TitleMax had the best interest rate when I shopped around. I told them what I wanted and they plugged in the information, took my driver's license, title and we went from there. And the process didn't take very long. I had a door handle that was off of one of the builders had pulled off. They dinged it as moderate damage so it deducted some of the loans I owed on it. We went the next day and had that repaired and then went back and resubmitted it and I was able to get another $600. The process was extremely painless but their payments are almost unreasonably high. I'm looking at little over $2,000 and the payment on it is $272 a month. More money goes towards the interest and none for the principal. Other than that everything at the branch was fantastic.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

TitleMax has been great all the way from the start. We talked to the representative and she explained to me what my options were, what I would be paying, what my interest was and what I needed to proceed with the loan. She asked me if I had all my information and then she allowed me to enter my information into the computer and then she entered hers. She took the pictures of my car and when she came back in, she entered the rest of her information and it was pretty much approved. Overall, the process took about 30 minutes which was reasonable. They're so into their customer and no all about the money itself. The interest rate was a lot higher at other places as well. I've had a loan with them before and with the latest one, I went through New Mexico Title Loans in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The rep was very rude and was all about the money.

I got a large amount of money which paid us some of our other bills so it really helped me and my credit at the same time. Overall, it was a good experience. If friends were o ask me about TitleMax, I would tell them that TitileMax's very friendly, that they're all about their customer's needs and that they'll do what they can to the extreme to help their customers get what they need.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I had to go to TitleMax two times I was in need and they took about 45 minutes for the lending process. It all worked out, but I won't recommend them. I'm not quite happy.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

The reps at TitleMax were very professional. When I needed something, they helped me out. The lending process was easy and took about 25 minutes, which wasn't long at all. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I needed a loan to take care of some personal business like bills, so I got a car title loan from TitleMax. Their process was really simple. I went out there, they check out my car, I did the paperwork to the computer with the terms and agreement, and they said that they had to get their money on time. I signed the contract, they gave me a check and I was out the door in about an hour. I just gave the processor my key and she checked my mileage herself and took pictures. She did a very great job. TitleMax helped me accomplish what I needed and I paid them back in time because they’re charging a whole lot, it's outrageous. Nonetheless, everything worked out. My experience with TitleMax was all right. They could have given me a little bit more money for my car for what it was worth but it was fair.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Prior to going into the TitleMax store, I had called and they gave us an online quote, and that was significantly different than what I actually got. There wasn’t a lot of explanations as to why there was such a huge difference in the online quote and the actual loan. So there was some unexpected issue there, but the process wasn’t long and it was simple. Plus the loan helped me get some financial needs met. The rep was formal and wasn’t the talkative kind, but everybody was fast.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I took my title in and filled out the application with TitleMax. Their reps were nice. They took pictures of the car and the rep said that the bumper has been replaced. I explained to her that it wasn’t replaced, that it was just painted. And she said that it takes off the value of the car so I couldn’t get the amount that I wanted for the loan based on that. I had to take a lesser amount and it took a little longer to get the process done. The process was about an hour and 15 minutes but could’ve been faster. Still, the loan helps out at the moment but I got to work harder now and longer to pay the loan back.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

TitleMax was a good company to go with. I used them in the past, and most recently, I got a car title loan from them. They asked me what I was trying to get, they looked at the vehicle, and took pictures of it. And everything was processed and taken care of in a matter of 30 minutes. They're very professional, gave me my options, and helped me select the right loan for me. And the loan helped me pay some bills and relieve some stress.

TitleMax Company Information

www.titlemax.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use