4.62/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. We strive to provide a superior level of customer service as we help thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan.

With thousands of convenient locations, TitleMax is here to help you obtain your next car or motorcycle title loan. Contact us today to learn more about us and what we can do for you!

TitleMax Video
View More View More

2177 TitleMax Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 3, 2019

A friend of mine told me that their relative had a good experience with TitleMax. I just got a small loan because I needed some work done on my car. TitleMax was awesome and unbelievable. I provided them with a copy of the released lien paperwork, a copy of the lien itself, and my driver’s license. The reps were so great, and patient because when I came in there, I thought I had a regular title, but all I had was the lien release and that wouldn’t work. Then they pulled up a picture and said that was what I needed, and I knew I had that somewhere too. Filling out the paperwork was so easy and so great that I could do it myself, then the rep took over after I was all done. I got approved for the loan in a couple minutes, but it seemed like seconds.

It was such a relief to be able to work with TitleMax because I just went through a nasty divorce and paid all these attorney fees. My ex-husband left me with nothing, moved in with his girlfriend, and took all my savings. Then I found out when we were selling our house that it had a lien, so I had to use all my savings to pay that. I was just starting a job and I just moved into a condo. I lost my bid on my house because I ended up with hardly anything and just enough to move in to my new house. The only consolation that I have is that I was able to get that loan because, if not, I wouldn’t have had the ability to get my car fixed.

The lending process was so easy once I got everything I needed. The only reason why I struggled was because I just recently moved, so I was a little discombobulated. But to be able to have the flexibility to go through that emergency was such a relief after moving, the divorce, and custody. You really need to have TitleMax as an option if you have an emergency. I love them.

Get expert buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I never got a loan before so I was a little nervous. TitleMax was close to my house so I went there just to inquire but I felt really comfortable with the representative who helped me so I ended up staying in there. I have very minimal sight right now so she walked through things with me and explained the whole process before we even did it. I asked questions as far as my vehicle and how it would go with the loan. She answered the questions clearly and gave additional information. She was pretty detailed and I felt like there wasn’t anything hidden. There were no gray areas which is what I liked. I like it bold, straight and forward.

TitleMax's process was easier than I thought. I just got out of the hospital and needed to move rather quickly because of a respiratory problem that was the result of where I was living, so she’d seen the urgency. I needed it because the opportunity that I had to move where I am now moved into would have been definitely taken by someone else if it was on the market any longer.

I also wanted to be discreet as far as the amount goes and she caught on that quickly. My three children were there and I didn't want more information to be shared than needed to out loud. So when we started talking, all the way down to when I was approved, she was pretty discreet about it, as well as with what I was approved for and how to go through it. However, it would have been nice if the cost was a little bit lower.

She also assisted with the application by doing everything electronically and explained thoroughly each step of the way of what was being done like taking pictures of my vehicle to what it was for. Then, there was another employee there who distracted my kids a little bit while I was taking care of finalizing some things.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I Googled title loans and TitleMax was the first one that came up. Once I clicked on the website and started looking at the rates, all I needed to apply seemed pretty easy. So, I just went in person and it was the easiest process I’ve ever been in as far as title loans, getting through them, and them just being helpful and very informative are concerned.

I had to take my vehicle in so they can inspect it -- they looked at the mileage and looked at the damage to it if there was any. Then from there, they gave me a price range to what my car could qualify for. Then once I picked the amount of loan I would like, then that was when we started talking about numbers and how much it would be a month. From there, once we set a rate and an amount, then I went ahead and just set up the application, and that only took 10 minutes. Shortly after that, they printed out the check for me and then they just went over the final guidelines to the loan as to when I have to pay it off and all the fees that are already included with the amount. The process took under probably an hour.

The lending processor was very nice and informative. I have never done a title loan before, so I wasn’t too sure what to expect going in, but she was very good at just explaining everything every step of the way, just keeping me in the process and not making sure I’m confused or I don’t know what I’m doing. TitleMax has helped me pretty well. I just needed a short-time loan and they were very cooperative as to helping me and understanding things. I wanna get the best rate possible if I can as to what I can afford and they were very understanding with that. As to like a couple other places that had talked to me, they just weren’t very negotiable with rates. It's convenient and very easy.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

In the process of getting things around from moving down here to Georgia, I had seen a commercial on TV, so I checked TitleMax out. After 20 years of marriage, our credit went in the toilet, so I decided to try TitleMax. I called them, and then I went there because it was only 20 minutes away from my house. And they were great about everything. I had to change some things like change to a Georgia license and change the car over to Georgia plates, and Georgia registration, and Georgia title. So, we took care of all that. The lending process was completed in a day. I went on Monday and Paul, the manager, went over some things with me and told me to go get a Georgia license. I went the next morning and got myself a Georgia license, and I went back to them and that same day, they cut me a check and it helped me out with everything I needed because it had to do with moving.

The lending processor was wonderful. She was nice, helpful, and went over everything with me. Our payoff is $1,500 and $48. I asked her if I can re-borrow if I bring in a payment of $700 which would be half of what we owe. She said we can especially if I'll bring in almost half of what we have to pay off. She said, “I can put in the computer, put your payment in, and you can re-borrow.” We’re thinking about doing that in the next couple days, so we can buy Christmas for our kids. I would recommend TitleMax.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My father used TitleMax when I was 15 years old and when I told him I needed to take a loan for a personal reason, he told me to use them. I had a really good experience with TitleMax, but the only thing that was off was how they did the loan by the mileage of my car. When I went to their website, they told me to put in the make and model of my car, and they initially gave a huge estimate of the loan amount. They said I could get between $800 and $1200. But once they told me the actual amount that they would lend, it was really bad. The loan processor told me that she could only do $360. That set me back and I wondered why they didn’t ask about the mileage of my car on the website.

I was at the TitleMax office with another customer and she said that she needed a $400 loan, but they could only give her $80 because her car was old. It was an '88 or '89 model. So, she started crying and I thought it was messed up to do the loan by the mileage of the car. If had an older car, it would have been bad on my part too.

The lending process was fast and straight to the point though. It took 30 to 45 minutes to complete. I love how there are no penalties if I want to pay the loan early, so that’s a really good thing with me. The lending processor was very homey and friendly, and she wasn’t uptight like the people in most lending places are. If I ever come down to where I would need help with a loan again, I know that I can go straight back to TitleMax, so that’s a positive for them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: June 12, 2019

The TitleMax rep I dealt with was very polite, nice, and didn't take very long. He was very calm and made me feel comfortable. He didn't make me feel nervous at all and I didn't feel overwhelmed. He should get a big old raise. I was very satisfied. I live right down the road and I pass TitleMax every day going to work. They were very convenient to me. It was a great experience.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I’ve never really done the type of title loan like TitleMax's and I didn’t like that they expect you to pay it off the next month or they’re gonna keep rolling that money over. I think you have to pay that every time you roll over and you’re pretty much gonna get caught up with the interest more by doing it like that. If you want to take a few months to pay it off then you may have to pay extra. It also doesn’t hit your credit as good if you’re trying to pay it off fast. That’s one thing I was trying to do it for too – for credit purposes – and with trying to hurry up and pay it off quickly, it’s not really gonna help me that much.

When you do one in Georgia, it's kind of like a loan and they give you so many months to pay it back then they give you the title back. I would’ve rather done it that way. But other than that, the service at TitleMax was good. The dude I talked to had good people skills and I liked him. The process was also easy. It didn’t take too long. That was pretty good.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My wife and I had dealt with TitleMax before and it was a pretty good experience so I took my business back with them. The process for the car title loan was pretty good and easy. It took close to an hour and the person was good. She guided me and explained everything pretty well.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I enjoyed TitleMax's reps' customer service skills. They fully explained to me how everything works and what to expect. I just had to bring a copy of my paychecks, a form of ID and proof of my title and I was done in 30 minutes. Everything they had going on was perfect. I liked how fast they moved in getting applications processed and approved. TitleMax is the fastest place I’ve ever been in my life.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I couldn't ask for a much better experience with TitleMax. It was the first time I had ever done that and I was nervous. The rep was super nice. He was even nice enough to give water to the people that were waiting. So, I'd keep him. He was there by himself and made it a real good atmosphere. He was able to calm down the people that were impatient. He kidded and joked around. He made me feel I'm important instead of just being there to rush me out and get to the next customer. I'm the one who had to type all the stuff in the computer and I'm a one finger typer. He had all the stuff set up to where when I signed it once, I signed all the rest. He did any way to help and any way to make the process much quicker. I didn't have a clue on what was going on, and he walked me through it before I did it. He let me know how it was gonna go. All the questions that I had was answered.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I got a title loan at TitleMax and the process wasn’t too bad. I filled out the paperwork online and they offered me way more online than they did in person. But I was in a situation where I needed the loan, so I took it. Plus they were friendly.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I like the convenience of where TitleMax is located. It’s right down the road from where I live. Their overall lending process was fast. It took about 40 minutes from beginning to end. I got a motorcycle title loan from them. The lending processor was really friendly. TitleMax is a good service.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Going with TitleMax was more convenient for me where I live at, and I felt that I won't be getting the runaround. I got a car loan from them and my experience was good. During the application, they just verified some things and then they log them all into the computer and went over the contract with me. It was like a 30-minute process. It was quick. The person I dealt with was really helpful and down-to-earth and made the process a lot more easy. She made it all worthwhile. TitleMax was very efficient with their time and my time, and everything went well with no issues.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Getting a loan through TitleMax was a fast and easy process. I just needed proof of income, an ID, an address and a title and I was done in about an hour. The lady whom I spoke with was pretty talkative and she and I got along pretty well.

Original review: June 9, 2019

My experience with TitleMax was great. Besides the fact that the rep's computer kept freezing, the process was pretty good. Even with the computer problems, the process was completed in probably not even half an hour. She was awesome. She and the other attendant that was there worked together as a team. It was a pretty good environment.

Original review: June 8, 2019

TitleMax has been around for years and their location was available to me. I pawned my car title and they did really well. The process was easy, though it took about 45 minutes 'cause the rep was having issues with her computer. But she explained everything to me in full and she was very thorough. Working with them gave me the money that I needed to catch up on my bills, so it helped out. I’m very pleased with them, and they work well with me.

Original review: June 8, 2019

TitleMax's lending process includes filling out the application and showing them that I was who I am. It took around 30 minutes for the lending process to be completed. Their reps were respectful and easy to work with. TitleMax was able to help me catch up on bills and stuff.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I got a car title loan from TitleMax and I was in and out within 30 minutes. They went out and took pictures of the car, and they put it in the system and got a value for it. The rep was very courteous and professional. I have no regrets and I’d recommend it.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Getting a title loan from TitleMax was quick. It took 10 minutes. They were very efficient and got the things they needed to do with the thing. And it didn’t take us that long. They went outside and they appraised the car. While the rep was out there doing everything, he had us doing the thing on the computer and putting in all our information. I did mine and then my daughter did hers. And by the time we did that, the rep was back in there ready to do the thing and tell us how much we were eligible for and what we were looking for on that thing. We got what we were looking for, which was perfect. All in all, the workers at TitleMax were very nice and very cooperative. They did a very good job because when one of them was out taking care of taking care of me, there was another young lady there and she was also interacting with us. And they worked good together. They got a nice little team.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I applied with TitleMax but I never went through with them. But when I did wanna go to them, the rate wasn’t bad and the people were friendly. Then when I did my loan, they were very polite and quick, and I liked my whole experience with them. I was surprised with the actual loan that I received. I thought my payments were gonna be higher than what they were before the rep told me what I would be paying every month. So, I was satisfied with that, too. TitleMax also got the app. I like it as well and it was another plus. It showed me my payments, when my payment is due, and I could also pay through the app.

Original review: June 7, 2019

TitleMax was very helpful, very nice, and patient. The rep who helped me was good and quick. The loan approval was fast and I had no problems. My experience was great.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I had paid off a car title loan for my uncle and TitleMax has my number on file and they called me and asked if I needed to borrow anything. The process of getting a loan was quick. Go in, sign a few papers, and see how much they are offering, sign other papers, and you're out the door. It took about 20 minutes. Their rep was cool. I already knew him.

Original review: June 6, 2019

The lady from TitleMax explained detail by detail until I understood everything, and she was very patient. They took my car out so that they could check the miles, and they asked for expenses. I was asking for an amount and they couldn’t do that because they said my credit was too low. Still, whatever they gave me helped a lot.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I chose to go to TitleMax for a car title loan because of the reviews and the process was quick and easy. The rep was polite and I was done in about 10 minutes. The experience was great. It helped me pay some bills off and I’m grateful about it.

Original review: June 5, 2019

TitleMax is a great place to go and I will recommend them to anybody. They’re very professional. It feels as though they really care about your situation and they want to help you get through it and not just take possession of what you worked so hard to have. The young lady I worked with was awesome and basically, we have to always go there if I need to. I got a loan on my title for my automobile and the process was great. The young lady had to take pictures of the vehicle and I had to move it. She looked at the mileage and made sure the title was clean. She asked me about my employment and how much money I made, and it went smoothly. It wasn’t long at all either. It took 30 to 45 minutes and she was very nice.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Getting a title loan from TitleMax was fast, easy, and convenient. The process took 20 minutes to be completed. And the rep was very nice. Working with TitleMax helped out a lot when I didn’t have money. The interest rate’s a little outrageous, but it's not bad.

Original review: June 4, 2019

This company is responsible for destroying the families' economy, totally with lies and bad practice they steals our money. And I will explain why!!! When you go to the store without knowing the procedures and contracts and the products they sell. And some of your employees explain to you and tell you how it works, but with lies and false explanations how it happened to me, in this location 19021 Midway Rd, Suite 400 Dallas, TX 75287.

Well I went to that store. I was treated by an employee called (Angie). Urgently needed a loan for that day. Enter and ask for the loan with the title of the car, Angie did not offer me any other product and did not give me options. She did not explain the contract correctly, I never had the contract in my hands on paper, she told me to enter the company's website and there I could see it. She just told me that, if I wanted to refinance it, I would pay more for the monthly payment you paid, in 6 months if I wanted to refinance them. Angie was never honest, and she never really explained exactly what the contract was like, she never told us that he was obligated to pay more money than what you paid in the monthly payment, and that was forced to refinance and that if in 6 months we did not refinance or pay the amount they requested, they would keep the car, and then they called me always, trying to intimidate me.

What Angie did is a lie, bad practice, she was not honest, she did not give options, she did not offer other products, she only took advantage of my situation. Because I did not know about the procedure and the contract. And she and the company that represents TitleMax destroyed my finances, the remedy was worse than the disease. Anyway, I'm going to denounce this through all the social networks and through the media such as Telemundo Univision, and the authorities of the state of Texas and the office of protection to the consumer. That this never happens to other families and for this company to stop doing bad practice.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I’d recommend TitleMax. The customer service is good and it was a friendly environment. The rep answered the questions that I was concerned with and I liked how they answered my questions. I got the title loan in 20 to 30 minutes. It did not take not long. The requirements for it were a title, a deed and the vehicle the title was gonna be for. That was about it and it provided me with a little bit of money. It was a good experience.

Original review: June 4, 2019

My husband told me that TitleMax was good. I went with them and thus far, I've had a pretty good experience with the company. Their reps were courteous and knowledgeable. They were able to answer all of my questions. TitleMax's loan solved my problem.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Obtaining a loan from TitleMax was quick and seamless, so they definitely made it easy for me. They were very knowledgeable and they pretty much answered the questions that I had in mind. The loan helped out a lot, so it was beneficial. Everything went pretty smooth and I would recommend them.

TitleMax expert review by Lauren Fix

TitleMax was founded in Georgia in 1998 and is now one of the largest title lenders in the United States with more than 1,000 locations in 17 states across the United States. The company offers title loans and title pawns for cars and motorcycles.

• Qualifications: Those with bad credit can qualify for a loan through TitleMax. Applicants must only be 18 years old, or 19 in Alabama, have a government-issued photo ID, have a source of income and own a car or motorcycle without a lien.

• No penalties: TitleMax does not charge an additional fee if clients make a payment early or pay their loan off early.

• Speed: TitleMax works to get customers in and out quickly. In many cases, employees can check a client’s qualifications and process their loan within 30 minutes.

• Online application: Individuals can apply for a TitleMax loan online. This option may be especially appealing to those who want to work with TitleMax but do not live near one of their locations.

• Consumer education: Consumers interested in obtaining a title loan can visit TitleMax’s website to learn about the process of applying and qualifications. They can also follow the company’s blog for financial advice, car care tips and more.

• Best for: car and motorcycle owners facing unexpected costs or a financial emergency.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

TitleMax Company Information