Call toll free
4.57/5
Based on 824 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. We strive to provide a superior level of customer service as we help thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan.

With thousands of convenient locations, TitleMax is here to help you obtain your next car or motorcycle title loan. Contact us today to learn more about us and what we can do for you!

TitleMax Video
View More View More

1632 TitleMax Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

TitleMax is the biggest crooks in the business. I got a title loan in a time of need and was told what my payment would be. What they don't tell you is you can make that payment for 20 years and never pay down your loan. You have to pay extra to play it down and don't be a day late a few days late and my payment went from 240 to over 300. All your payment does is extend your loan another month and they failed to tell me I had to pay extra to pay down the loan. I'm a disabled vet living on fixed income and now they have taken my only mode of transportation.

Get expert buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

TitleMax is what I know most of all so I went in to one of their locations, discussed what I wanted, and they basically made it happen. They laid everything out for me and made me understand. I didn’t get anything too crazy and they offered me over $2,000. I only took a couple hundred bucks. The whole process took about 45 minutes and it was good that they got me in and out.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Getting a car title loan from TitleMax was pretty simple. Their reps explained everything that I needed to do and what was required. They explained how much the interest was as well. Also, the rep whom I worked with answered all my questions. She was really patient. Though she said we could have the papers online, I always like to keep loans on file and she went the extra mile to do the printout of the papers for me. Since working with TitleMax, things have been way better. I'd recommend their service to anybody.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I’ll recommend TitleMax. I got a car title loan and the process was good and took 25 minutes to be completed. The TitleMax rep was really nice.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I got a car title loan from TitleMax. The lady there named Diana really helped me. When I called her, she was really nice over the phone and told me to come and see her. The lending process took about 30 minutes. Other people should go to TitleMax.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

The lending process with TitleMax was very fast and I was very surprised. I was in and out of there before I had to go back to work. Also, the processor was very helpful and she answered any questions I had.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

A friend of mine used TitleMax and told me about it. I asked for a car title loan and I used my truck as a collateral. The process took 30 minutes and they were able to give me a check right there. The rep was nice and did a good job. He knew what he was doing and was very qualified for the job. TitleMax helped me a lot. I was able to pay a lot of bills off and able to get some equipment that I needed for my business. If you need help, I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I liked that TitleMax is owned by a person. It’s not a giant corporation that kinda sucks the life out of people. I applied for a car title loan and they asked for my ID, the car title itself, and I had to fill out some paperwork. The loan rep was amazing. She worked with me about when to pay the loan back. The loan I got from them allowed me to pay off something that is haunting me and was causing me to lose sleep. It was a very stressful situation for me and I left there feeling better. I slept like a baby the next few nights. If somebody is in the same situation as me, I would tell them that getting a loan with TitleMax is easy.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I googled title loans because I was interested to see how they work and TitleMax was the first company to come out. I also wanted to go through something that had different locations. I went in and the people greeted me. While I was doing my application, Brian went in and took pictures of my car to speed the process up. By the time I got done with my application, he was back in. They cut me a check and the process literally took 30 minutes like their advertisement says. The lending processor was great too. She was friendly and we had a great conversation. She also answered all my questions. I needed to cover some expenses but I didn't wanna borrow too much that I wasn't gonna be able to pay back. But everything is fine and my payments were explained to me. I had a great experience and I would definitely recommend it to other people.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I've used TitleMax three times. Their easier to deal with. The location I went to had a little bit more technology going on, so there wasn't a lot of paperwork there that they had to print out. There's a lot of stuff that's different from the last time I went. I had more paperwork and there was a lot of stuff I was taking home. But now, they give me the link and I can see it online and I can sign electronically. It was a few papers I was signing there, but it's overall easier. I spent 20 minutes in there.

The person who helped me was great. I live around the corner from them, so it didn't take me long to get there. Everything was close by, and when I got the check, it's a Wells Fargo check. I happen to have a Wells Fargo account for that's who I bank with. The Wells Fargo was around the corner, so it was good. I already recommended them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

We went to TitleMax and they asked me what they could do for me. They got my keys and took pictures of my vehicle. They also asked me general questions about it. They had me read some information on their computer about their contracts and policies based on the money I was trying to get. Thereafter, they did an evaluation of my vehicle while I was filling out the application. Then, they submitted my information to an underwriter online who eventually came back to tell me what they were willing to give. The process took longer than it should have because of their computers. It lasted over 30 minutes and nobody was there when I walked in.

Still, I got an SUV title loan from them and the rep whom I worked with was pleasant. She was apologizing for the time it took and explained that they were waiting at the time because their computer was messing up. Also, I was asking a lot of questions at the time. I was asking how a certain rate applied, how much the loan would be charging and if interest compounded daily. I was also asking what their cutoff point was. I wanted to know what I was getting into because I had heard about other title loan type places which have hidden information that the borrower doesn't know about. Still, TitleMax's rep gave me all the information I needed. I recommend this company.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Working with TitleMax helped me a little bit, but I didn't get everything I was hoping to get out of it. But every little bit helps and they were nice and respectful people. They did everything they were supposed to do. The process was no more than 45 minutes and I was on my way.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I got a loan from TitleMax on a car. I have bad credit so the title on a car is one of the best ways for a loan for me. TitleMax is the easiest to get fast money. The process was really easy. I just brought in my title, my ID and there was a little application on the computer. They looked at the car. They took pictures and they sent them in and they got the results back in only five minutes. Everything went fine. They were really friendly and they are convenient, too. Everywhere, there’s a lot of location.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

TitleMax seemed like the most convenient lender for me. I got a Title Loan from them and the lady from there who helped me was wonderful. She was very nice and very helpful. Working with this company was a great experience.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I got a title loan from TitleMax. The processing experience that I went through all went smoothly. They just needed all the paperwork in order, but I didn’t have all the right paperwork. So I got my paperwork in order and I went back. They reviewed the car and everything went pretty fast and great. The rep was nice and was professional, too. I was satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I got a small loan on a truck from TitleMax. Their rep was respectful and the application process for the loan didn't take a long time. Everything went well when I worked with them.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

The lending process with TitleMax was quick, easy, and pleasant. I went in there with my title, I didn't ask for much knowing I was gonna pay it off in two days, so it rolled right along. I bought $150 on a Wednesday and it costed me $2.50 to do it when I paid it back on Friday and it was outstanding. If I had a Mercedes, I don't think I'd be in there trying to borrow $150. People who get into trouble and they got a car that's got value would wanna borrow $3,000 against 7 or 8, 9, $12,000 car. I'm sure that's possible, but I can see how that could wind up getting people into trouble. Overall, I would recommend using TitleMax in an emergency situation. Obviously, it's not a long-term solution but in a short-term crisis where one knows they can pay it back, then just do it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I had a great experience getting my car title loan from TitleMax. It was easy when I was writing for the loan and their rep went out in the rain just to help me. He was very kind, friendly and outspoken. He was very generous to me and my children. I was using the extra money to pay off a student loan that I had so that I could go back to school. TitleMax provided great customer service. Working with them was very convenient for me.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I got a car title loan from TitleMax since it was closest to me and everyone was pleasant, nice and helpful. I was in a hurry because I had a doctor’s appointment to get to and they were able to get me in and out of there quickly. It took about 45 minutes to complete the process and I appreciated that. I have talked to the rep the day before so I had everything I needed and she was able to answer all the questions. She even set up the app on my phone where I can view my bill when it’s due and pay it. I was able to get what I needed to move from TitleMax so it was helpful and I was very satisfied. I would refer TitleMax and let people know that everyone was efficient.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I used TitleMax before which made it easier for me to use them again. The loan reps were fine but I think they were distracted with other stuff. They could pay a little attention to the customer. Everything was fine other than that.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

TitleMax is a good place and because of their quality, I got a car title loan. It was easy and the rep was good and gave instructions.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The rep from TitleMax explained everything to me in full detail. My experience was quick and easy. Soon as I got there, they saw me right then and there. Everything was good and working with TitleMax helped but if I would've known how the paying back part was, I probably wouldn't have done it. I'll make it work at the end of the day, but I won't do it again, not there, and not that type of loan.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I gave the TitleMax representative the car title and walked out with a check. Their rate was cheaper than others' and I just let the representative know exactly what I was looking for. The loan allowed me to get caught up on some bills. TitleMax really helped.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I needed to get some stuff fixed and I did it using the title loan I got from TitleMax. The overall process was good and it took an hour and a half. They did a good job. The lending processor was nice and professional, too.

Original review: July 31, 2018

A friend told me about TitleMax. Answering the application form there took five minutes. Within five minutes after that, my car title loan was approved. Everything went well. TitleMax is the best place right now if a person needs something and quick.

Original review: July 30, 2018

TitleMax was really good and they made the experience really easy. I brought my car in and they took pictures. The lending process took about 30 minutes and the processor was courteous and professional.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I took a small title loan with TitleMax and it was quick and easy. I took the vehicle in and they took their pictures, did their thing and came back. It was simple and the lending processor was really nice. She did everything she needed to do. The whole process took about an hour and 20 minutes and they cut me a check right there. Their interest rates are crazy high. But I was looking to consolidate some stuff really quick and with the loan, I got a chance to pay a couple of things off a little faster. So it helped out.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Getting a title loan from TitleMax was easy and smooth. Their rep whom I dealt with was very professional.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I was in and out of TitleMax. Everything was in order. And they were very quick and efficient. I would refer them to my family and friends. I’m very pleased with the service.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I live near TitleMax. I got a car title loan from them to take care of some business. Their loan application process went well and the rep whom I dealt with was cool. I was impressed with their customer service overall. They cut me a check there. Working with this company has helped me. I had a great experience.

TitleMax expert review by Lauren Fix

TitleMax was founded in Georgia in 1998 and is now one of the largest title lenders in the United States with more than 1,000 locations in 17 states across the United States. The company offers title loans and title pawns for cars and motorcycles.

• Qualifications: Those with bad credit can qualify for a loan through TitleMax. Applicants must only be 18 years old, or 19 in Alabama, have a government-issued photo ID, have a source of income and own a car or motorcycle without a lien.

• No penalties: TitleMax does not charge an additional fee if clients make a payment early or pay their loan off early.

• Speed: TitleMax works to get customers in and out quickly. In many cases, employees can check a client’s qualifications and process their loan within 30 minutes.

• Online application: Individuals can apply for a TitleMax loan online. This option may be especially appealing to those who want to work with TitleMax but do not live near one of their locations.

• Consumer education: Consumers interested in obtaining a title loan can visit TitleMax’s website to learn about the process of applying and qualifications. They can also follow the company’s blog for financial advice, car care tips and more.

• Best for: car and motorcycle owners facing unexpected costs or a financial emergency.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

TitleMax Company Information

1998
www.titlemax.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business