Get Pricing

2. Finance
  3. Payday and Title Loans

4.7/5 (109 ratings)

About TitleMax

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

Pros

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

Cons

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Bottom Line

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

Top TitleMax Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

When I reached out to TitleMax, they helped me that day. Their overall lending process was really smooth and fast. I even paid that debt back off. My lending officer ... was reall...

Verified

TitleMax's lending process was great and took about half an hour. Erica, the rep, helped me a lot and answered all my questions, which was why I’m happy with it. It was a great ex...

TitleMax Title Loans

TitleMax car and motorcycle title loans are available in 16 states. Unlike many other loan options, you don’t need a good credit score or a bank account to qualify for a title loan. While the qualifications differ by state, the basic TitleMax title loan requirements include:

• A paid-off car or motorcycle with the title in your name
  • Proof of income
  • A government-issued ID

All makes and models of cars are eligible as collateral, and you get to keep your car while you pay off the balance of your loan.

To get started with TitleMax, head to its website and fill out its quick loan application. To find out how much money you’re eligible for, you need to provide basic information about your vehicle, including the year, make and model.

TitleMax prides itself on getting you the cash you need as quickly as possible. You can get your title loan funds in as little as 30 minutes or within one business day. TitleMax bases your loan amount on the following factors:

• State regulations
  • How much you need
  • The value of your vehicle

Depending on your state of residence, you could receive up to $10,000.

TitleMax Personal Loans

TitleMax offers personal loans up to $2,500. These loans are unsecured, so while they’re typically for small amounts, you can apply for them without collateral. To apply for a TitleMax personal loan, visit its website and fill out the personal loan application with the following information:

• Name
  • Cell phone number
  • ZIP code
  • Email address

TitleMax Universe Silver Deposit Accounts

TitleMax created the Universe Silver deposit account as an alternative way for customers to receive funds. This account gives you no-fee cash withdrawals at Visa Plus Alliance ATMs and access to your account through the TitleMax app. Other features of the TitleMax Universe Silver deposit account include:

• Reduced monthly fees of $4.95
  • No fees due to inactivity
  • No bank teller withdrawal fees
  • Optional overdraft protection

It’s important to note that you must meet the eligibility requirements to get access to these exclusive benefits. TitleMax only promises these benefits to account holders who receive at least one recurring deposit of more than $200 every 35 days.

For customers who receive at least one recurring deposit of $500 every 35 days, TitleMax has the Direct Deposit Plus account. Benefits include:

• No monthly account fee
  • No cost for balance inquiries at out-of-network ATMs
  • Optional overdraft protection

TitleMax FAQ

How long do you have to pay back a TitleMax loan?
TitleMax loan payment plans range from 30 days to several months, depending on your loan contract. TitleMax’s loan specialists work with you to create a payment plan that fits your needs.
How much can you borrow from TitleMax?
You could be eligible to borrow up to $10,000 from TitleMax, depending on your state of residence. Familiarize yourself with your state’s title loan regulations to find out how large of a loan you can receive.
What happens if you default on a TitleMax title loan?
Defaulting on a TitleMax loan could result in repossession of your vehicle.
Can I refinance my loan with TitleMax?
Yes, TitleMax offers loan refinancing services for title loans. It generally will refinance any loan that already has 20% of principal paid.
Does TitleMax check your credit?
Yes, TitleMax looks into your credit before offering you a title loan, but the company states on its website that customers with bad credit are still eligible to receive funds.

Is TitleMax legit?

TitleMax is one of the largest lending companies in the nation. It serves thousands of customers every day online and at its more than 1,000 locations. The company processes applications quickly and disburses funds within one business day, which is helpful for people who need money to handle an emergency expense. If you need cash and fit all of its criteria, check out TitleMax’s website to apply for a personal or title loan.

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I spoke with an agent and I was trying to figure out what options I should take because I got jammed up and I wasn't comfortable using the title for my car. She explained to me the details. I figured it was something that would help me out. The application process was quick. I was very surprised and I was in and out of there in 15 minutes. She did a walk-around, took multiple pictures, and then she went back over the details of the processes as far as getting the funding off the title. I wasn't looking for that much. Then, when I realized how much I could get, I just settled for what I could actually get, and it was more than what I decided to get. It worked out pretty well. I didn't want to be in a situation where I'd be paying on multiple months trying to get it together. Hopefully, I can get everything taken care of before the end of this week. If you have a plan when you decide to do something like that, I would definitely recommend TitleMax.

Get buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I've got to call TitleMax today and tell them that I have a problem. When I got the loan, I got it with my unemployment. And I got several thousand dollars left in my unemployment to cover the payment. I usually get my payment on Tuesdays. I haven't got a payment for two weeks because something happened to the computer screens and they locked them up. But I got it straightened out this morning at 8 o'clock. I was up on them. And I won't get a check until tomorrow morning on my direct deposit. So, I might be a day late with it. But those people at TitleMax were wonderful.

The manager there and the lady who is going to be the manager were awesome. They would bend over backwards for me. Every time I asked them a question, they knew the answer. One gentleman and another sitting at the desk right next to him get nothing but 5 stars plus. I’m illiterate sometimes when it comes to a computer and they were so helpful. It was unbelievable. I've never had such an easy experience ever in my life. I’ve even sent a couple of people there and they were willing to take the person down to get the money for his license plates, help them with the loan to get it on a vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I walked into the TitleMax location and the rep told me exactly how to operate it and the way the terms work. After that, I just agreed to do it with them. I applied for a reasonable amount. At the same time, I just did it to build some type of credit with TitleMax. It was straightforward and very fast. Ted was very professional. And he was able to answer all of my questions without a problem or having to call anybody. So, he was good. It took half an hour just trying to process the loan because something was going on at the back end. But they made phone calls and made it happen. TitleMax helped me a lot because I didn't come down here with a job. I took a $30 pay cut coming down here. It helped me just able to pay my mother's rent at least a month in advance, so I have another 30 days to figure things while I'm here. I'm a very satisfied customer and I have already recommended other people.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

My experience with TitleMax was great. Brittany was the lady that did my account, and she was very awesome. The application wasn't that hard, and she was right there to help and if I had any kind of questions. I was there less than an hour, but she had gotten busy. Then she had trouble with the picture taking the VIN. When she would take the picture, lint was in the way. She took a whole duster out there and dusted it off. When she submitted the pictures, it kept bumping it back saying it wasn't a clear enough picture. Then she had to contact someone and get the override of it. Other than that, it wouldn’t have taken so long. She was trying to help another person, too. So, she was going back and forth because she was the only one in the office that day.

Overall, she did very well. She didn't make me feel like I was doing something wasn't supposed to be doing. She was there to help and explain things. She made the process better. I was needing help, and she made it more pleasurable. She called to check on me and to see if everything was going good with the card and make sure I can get the money off of it. So, I was very pleased.

TitleMax response

Hi Cynthia! Thank you for sharing your recent experience. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I needed help and I called the other providers, but they were so eager to rush me off the phone. I spoke to a person from TitleMax, Amanda, and she was so nice to me on the phone. They only had an hour before they closed and she wasn't trying to rush me off the phone. She was trying to explain to me. Then, when I got there, she was busy with somebody else, so Vicky got up and introduced herself and she started helping me and explaining to me. I really liked it. She even explained all my finance charges. She explained everything to make sure I was comfortable before I decided to take the loan. I really did like that because most people will not tell you what it is. Everything went great. She was very polite about everything. If I didn't understand something, she showed it to me and then explained it, and I continued from there. I would refer TitleMax to anybody.

TitleMax response

We are glad you had a pleasant experience, Valentina! We appreciate your business. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

The representative was okay, but she didn't explain a lot of things and I was forced into having to do a TitleMax Visa card. I didn't want to do that, but she said that I had to and I thought that was odd. The loan payments are extremely high as well.

TitleMax response

Hi Jessica - thank you for your feedback. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

TitleMax was close to where I live at Northport. They were convenient. The rep I worked with was nice and helpful on everything. Everybody's kind of leery about putting their title or paperwork out there, but working with TitleMax helped me pay a few things I needed to pay. It’s worked out. If it’s what you need to do, TitleMax is good to work with.

TitleMax response

Brandon, thank you for the feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

The process went really good and smoothly. It was a good experience.

TitleMax response

Whitley, we appreciate your review. Please let us know if we can help with anything else. We hope to see you soon.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I was glad that TitleMax helped me out. The lady that did help me was very nice and she greeted me very good. She helped me when I needed help to pay some bills. I had a fine experience with TitleMax.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Tim. We're so glad we could help you get what you needed. We hope to see you again soon.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

Everything was wonderful with TitleMax’s services. The guy I worked with was really nice. He helped me out. He gave me all the information I needed, and it sounded great to me. He put me on a good plan where I can easily pay TitleMax and where it won’t be so much pressure on me. It helped out a whole lot. I was able to catch up on some bills and I did a little Christmas shopping already. TitleMax is trying to help me. I’m glad I went that way.

TitleMax response

Stephen, we're so glad we could help! We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon. Happy Holidays!

TitleMax Company Information