TitleMax

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've dealt with TitleMax before. This time, I got a car title loan from them. They don’t hassle me and they’re really good to work with. They took me through the steps and what was on and how everything works. The rep took his time out to break everything down. Working with them helps out when bills get down, and it does things to help me also. I’d recommended them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to TitleMax and I got a title loan off of the car that I own. Their staff took pictures of my car and got all the professional stuff. It was pretty quick and easy. We had a careful conversation and it was really nice. Their staff was a really good person, helping everybody out. He gave me the right information that I needed and the process lasted at least an hour. TitleMax had great customer service and I liked the way they treated everybody. They helped me whenever I needed them and I would go back when I get this loan paid off. It was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked up online and TitleMax seemed like the best one. I did a title loan which was simple, easy, and only took 30 minutes. Everything was self-explanatory. Plus, their staff members were really friendly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax's rates were cheaper than different lenders, so I obtained a car loan from them. The process of getting the loan was fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I needed to take care of an urgent medical bill that had arisen, I worked with TitleMax. At first I did some research on how the process works, the requirements and if I have to pay every payday or come down here. Then I gave them a call to make sure I had everything, documentation-wise, that I might need to go. Dealing with their loan reps was quick. They're not very busy and were very knowledgeable. The process took 45 minutes to an hour and it went smoothly. Overall, it was a great experience and a great service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had used TitleMax in the past and they were good. This time, I obtained from them a title loan. The overall lending process was simple. It was not even around 30 minutes. I took the pictures and my vehicle, and they inspected it. I was already in their system, so all I had to do was sign on the computer. Then, I got the cash. All I needed was $1,500 but I was approved for a little bit more. The lending processor also read over all the major highlights of the contract and he's very helpful. Overall, it was a very helpful experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a title loan from TitleMax after a spur of the moment decision and I went with my friend's word and who has used them in the past. The overall lending process was fast, easy, and took 30-45 minutes. It was mostly computer based where I did the application but the lending processor greeted me upon my arrival because I called first. She pretty much explained the process and what was needed on my end, and we went from there. TitleMax helped me have enough money to get my car repaired and they came right on time. Also, I like the payback option and I did pay back in full and they accept cashier's checks. Everything was worthwhile and it was a great experience. I would definitely recommend them to friends and family.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax had been excellent. I recently made my payment and even the line to the cashier was very easy. Everybody there has been great. I got a title loan from them and the process took about 30 minutes from start to finish. At the time I was trying to move to a new spot and I was trying to make sure I had a little extra and savings to cover the rent next month and we still have enough money for the first car payment. Sophie, the one that processed the loan, has been excellent. When she came out and took pictures of the vehicle, she asked about some information of the mileage and so forth. Also, most of it was all computerized so it was really simple. Then she went over the contract, the rights and responsibilities, the payments, the rate and so forth. My payment and verification were simple as well. But their interest rates were a little high, but it's expected in situations that anyone is in need and so I was prepared for that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had to use TitleMax because Wells Fargo no longer does loans where you use your vehicle as collateral. TitleMax’s lending process was relatively simple. They discussed what they needed and see how much money I could qualify for for my 2001 Ford F350 and what is going to cost me to pay the loan. They hold on to the title until you pay the loan off.

I don’t recommend paying it back early. When I paid the full thing early I didn’t get a discount and they didn’t have my title. They sent it away to the state government here in town and they gave me a story about taking four to six weeks to put a lien against it, but there is no lien now since I paid it off, but I had no title. I couldn’t sell my truck because I didn’t have the title. I'm out of that $20,000 I could have got for this truck. I don’t have access to the executive people in the company and customer service sucks. Their regional manager never called back. I wouldn’t recommend anybody go to them no matter how desperate. I'm extremely disappointed because I lost money and I'm not getting any compensation for the wait and for the title.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The lending process at TitleMax was real easy. They went out and looked at the car, gave me a price, and that was it. It took about 30 minutes. The rep and I sat down and talked, and she walked me through the process. It was a pretty good experience and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for lending services and found that TitleMax would lend on my vehicle and for a larger amount than other companies I checked with. So I walked in, they explained the program, inspected the vehicle, entered it into a system, and they said that they’d give me more than what I was requesting. They then finished up the process and I walked out with a check. The lending processor was very courteous and working with them solved the issue I had. It was a quick and easy experience, and the process took only half an hour.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a car title loan from TitleMax and their lending process and customer service are great. I had a situation and it didn’t take long for them to get me the help. They came right on time for me. Overall, I like TitleMax.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax’s lending process was easy, efficient, and only took about 30 minutes. The reps were courteous, knowledgeable, and friendly. It was a hassle-free experience, and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about TitleMax from a friend, so I went to see them. I got a car title loan from them, and it was easy, convenient and very fast. The process took 30 minutes, tops. They also have a fast and good customer service. Their rep was very friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, and she did her best to get me the money that I needed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a title loan from TitleMax. It's my car on a loan and a car that's worth a little bit of money. The paperwork is very self-explanatory and pretty easy. It took about 16 minutes for everything to get taken care of, so I was in and out. Everything was flawless in my interaction with the lending processor and she did what she was supposed to do. I felt very welcomed and homely and don't have any complaints. The interest rates suck, but that comes along with title loans. They tell about that in the beginning, but if one really needs the money then it's a pretty easy process. I lost my job so the money I got is used to pay all the bills that I cannot pay. It's been a smooth experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax is a good company to deal with. I made a car title loan with them, it was fast and easy. I went in, they looked over my car, and told me what I could get, what are the costs and just got it clean and dry. The lending processor was pleasant.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I filled out a little thing online to apply for a car title loan with TitleMax and somebody called me before I was even done with it. Then they got me in touch with the local manager here. I went in, they came out, took pictures and the whole process was done in 20 minutes. It was really fast. Also, the rep was really nice and helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was told I would get more money from TitleMax so I got a title loan for my vehicle from them. Over the phone, they quoted me that they’d give me double of what they didn’t give me for my vehicle and it would take 30 minutes to do it. The lending processor took care of the whole thing. He went outside, looked at the vehicle, took photos of it and did everything he was supposed to do. Then he sent the pictures to whoever he sent them off to. He did that three times and after all was said and done, we left with a check for half of what the processor told me to begin with. The entire process took about two and a half hours, but it was okay. It helped me out with some bills.

Horrible Loan Tactics... First off they only give you a verbal description of loan terms which in my case was very DECEPTIVE. In this I was told the first payment on loan would be the total interest of loan then all payments needed to be on time and go to principal of loan. What was not described in layman's terms was that the loan renewed every month with a 180% interest which is always the first payment. Everything is electronically done via computer and you have to download and print/save. Do not do business with TitleMax. File complaints with Texas Attorney General.

I borrowed $9000 in April 2016. I have paid over $13,000 and principal balance is only down to $8000. I have made early and extra payments to try and pay down the principal however they put it right back on the balance of the loan with interest. How are you ever supposed to pay this off?? I guess I'm not supposed to pay it off. I'm just supposed to pay them in perpetuity.

The reps at the store were very misleading and have continued to be, all they do is call me and asked for more money and threaten me with more fees and more interest. Because I've been paying so much so often the manager actually had the nerve to call me and offer me more money that she knows I'd never be able to off. They want to bury you in debt with lies and deceit and predatory lending, give you hope of repayment and in the end after all your payments and all your stress they just come and repo your car and you have exhausted all your resources. If I could rate them with negative stars I would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to TitleMax before when they first opened and this has been my second time working with them. I got a car title loan and their process has been conveniently easy. It only took about 30 minutes for the lending process to be completed. Also, the lending processors did their job and it was perfect. They were very personal and it was a great experience. I'm glad to have dealt with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Titlemax is very close to where I live. Kevin, the guy I dealt with there, was really polite and easy to work with. He has been a huge help whenever I talked to him. Moreover, he went through all the paperwork which was needed at the time. I called on a Saturday morning and was finished with the lending process three hours after. It was very fast.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax is right across the street from my house and looks more reputable place than most other companies. The overall process for my car title loan was pretty easy but there were a few snafus. It was with the programming which took the process a little longer like my car kept coming up as registered in Nevada. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with TitleMax and the general manager was good and very friendly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax is well-known. My brother had used them before and he told me to go there. I received a title loan from them. The person I worked with seemed to be very knowledgeable. He read through everything with me. He answered all of my questions prior to filling out the paperwork. We went back and forth, and I felt comfortable with how he took the time to break it down for me. He went through the figures and he was really good with numbers. I like that he did not stutter at all, like he really knew and understood my questions and how to answer them.

The first time I went there, it took a little over two hours for the lending process to be completed, only because the system had gone down. I came back and it wasn't long at all, about 30 minutes. Working with TitleMax has alleviated some of the stress that I was feeling. Overall, it was quite pleasant with them. I didn't feel intimidated or if they were going to push or rush me into taking something that I didn't want. They just went with the flow and with everything that I talked to them about, and worked with me. I was pleased with the process.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with TitleMax because it was right down the street from where I work, so it was convenient. The lending process took over an hour because the rep had to take the pictures and then something happened that she had to retake the pictures. But she was friendly and everyone was good to me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had really awesome customer service from TitleMax. The loan processor was very courteous and knowledgeable and the whole process was very easy and convenient. Working with them helped us get caught up for sure. Overall, it was a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The lending process in TitleMax was pretty smooth. Also, the lending officer was nice and very professional. She made the process so easy and made me feel comfortable. TitleMax actually helps. I got the amount that I needed and I already paid off the title.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had driven by TitleMax a couple of times. I researched it and found out that they had better rates and their expectations were closer to what I was going with. It's easy to get there and there's ample parking in front. The application was easy and took about an hour. I did it online in person. The branch manager was there in person to give me hands-on help and she was great. Also, the bank to cash the check was nearby and everything was streamlined.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a title loan from TitleMax. The lending process was completed in about 15 minutes... not long... and it worked out perfectly. It went smoothly with the lending processor.

My son had some legal fees that he needed to pay, and we went to TitleMax to get a loan against his car title to his Honda CRV. I helped him make payments. But they charged exorbitant fees and interest. I helped him make payments and we just couldn't keep up with the payments. In the end they took my son's car, and even after that did that, he still has an outstanding balance. I would not recommend TitleMax, and I am surprised the kind of interest and fees that they charged were even legal. They should be shut down.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax is right on the corner that I would pass by every day. I got a title loan and the process was really easy. Together, with the paperwork, it took 30 minutes. The guy checked the vehicle out and he was really helpful. The interest rate is a little high but that's to be expected. It affected my life greatly and I'd like to tell everybody this is really convenient. It's a pretty awesome experience and I would definitely recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Going with TitleMax was convenient. The application process was great and it took about 30-40 minutes to get the loan. It was done in person. The lending officer was very nice and our interactions were good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I walked in, we discussed the kind of money I was looking for. They looked over the truck and said that it's not going to be a problem. The lending process was quick, taking less than two hours! Also, the lending processor was hospitable and looked like he really likes his job. I printed out my documentation and it had more information.

TitleMax Company Profile