Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a title loan from TitleMax and it helped me as far as Christmas time. They have nice and polite people. They go straight to business and I didn't have to wait. The whole process took about just 30-45 minutes.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The experience with TitleMax was awesome. It was wonderful. They're really good people over there and I'm very excited to be dealing with them in the future. I would recommend them to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax was close and they have good ratings online so I got a car title loan from them. Their process was fast and convenient. It was completed in 45 minutes. However, I was a little frustrated with the lending processor because when I asked what the monthly payment on the title loan would be, he quoted me one price and it ended up almost $500 more in the end. I was upset and irritated that I did not get a direct answer as I had expected to.

I got the money that I needed in order to satisfy the issues that I had at the moment. But because of the situation that I went through with the title processor, and the manager taking a nonchalant attitude towards the situation, and being misquoted with something that was incredibly important, I won’t use TitleMax again. They need to have a better way of determining the total required payment than just looking it up on a bunch of different sheets. They really didn’t do much explanation regarding the process either.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw TitleMax when I drove by it and really didn't know what it was. I called them on a Friday and started inquiring about what they did and things of that nature and a young lady explained. Then I went in to visit the Monday right after. I got a title loan and the lending processor was very friendly and real cool. We laughed the whole time. I was a little concerned and nervous since it was the first time I was doing something like that and he answered all of the questions I had, secured me, and made things easier for me. However, I didn't much like the interest rate, but I needed it because I was desperate for a school. Other than that, the experience was okay and didn't take that long at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Getting a car title loan from TitleMax was pretty quick and painless and took around 20 minutes. The lending processor was really nice. They gave me the money I needed to get a divorce so that was a plus.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was wonderful with TitleMax. I obtained from them a car title loan and the overall lending process took 10 minutes, which was quick. The customer service or lending processor was great and explained everything. She went over everything as needed and there was no question in the end. Working with TitleMax helped me a lot with some of the bills.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was inquiring online about TitleMax and they set me up for an appointment, and I ended up at the location that was close to my house. The lending rep that I dealt with was thorough, very nice and quaint, caring, and she was quick. Working with TitleMax saved my end-of-year. It was my bail-out and I needed it. They did exactly what I needed them to do. Overall, I’m satisfied as long as I can make my payments on time which I’m very sure I should have no problem at all.

TitleMax

Thanks for the awesome feedback Sim. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

TitleMax was the first place I went to for a small car title loan $350. The rep I worked with was a good person, very smart and fast. She got me in and out of there in about 45 minutes and it wasn't as long as I thought it was going to be or as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm glad they have new computers and things up in the stores now that she could see it from the screen. It made the paperwork a lot easier. It was a very good experience and I liked that they're very nice people. Also, they're not calling and bugging me all the time. I'll do more business with them in the future.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of my friends told me to try TitleMax so I did with a car title loan and the lending process was very good. The people there were really friendly and didn't make me feel bad about taking out a loan. They worked with me and talked to me about other things outside of me sitting in there and getting a loan.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was doing research online when TitleMax popped up. I got a phone call shortly after I had filled out a little thing online. They called me to make sure that it was the process I wanted to go through. Then, they connected me to the folks at TitleMax. And then, that day, when I went, the process was easy too. It was fast and took 15 minutes. Customer service was great. One of the reps gave me a card if I'd have further questions. They were very helpful and friendly. I brought my three-year-old with me and they even interacted with her. Everything they did was spot-on.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The guy who I dealt with at TitleMax was very nice and polite. His name was Fernando and he explained to me all I needed. I was explaining to him that I was on maternity leave and I haven’t gone back to work yet so I had to do my car title loan to make ends meet until I go back to work. He was very helpful with that and took care of everything. He told me that it would be okay. It was a very easy lending process. I was in there less than an hour and got what I asked for. TitleMax was convenient, understandable and can get the job done.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I totally needed money and TitleMax was the only one whom I didn't have to present a bill. I got a car title loan from them and I thought I was going to get a little more than what I got for it. But I was fine with it. The lending process took only 30 minutes and the lending processor was nice and cool.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a title loan through TitleMax last year and this year. The process was fine and wasn't long. The longest part was waiting to see someone. When you only have one person in an office working, it takes a long time to get in there but their staff did great. They answered all of my questions and it was a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was good with TitleMax. I obtained a car title loan from them and the overall lending process was easy. It took five minutes for the process to be completed and it was all right as well with the lending processor.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a car title loan from TitleMax. They gave the paperwork to me, and the process was completed in 30 minutes. Then they put a check, which Wells Fargo cashed for free since they are affiliated with them, so that's good, too. Their reps were friendly as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a local title pawn place in Augusta. I went with TitleMax and it was great with them. The lending process didn't take long at all. My interaction with the lending processor, who was very fast, friendly, and a people-person, was the best. I didn't get what I wanted but I did get something. Working with TitleMax came in handy especially that I was late on a couple of bills and I had to catch up. I have recommended them to some people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a car title loan from TitleMax. The process was very simple and quick. It took 45 minutes and then they gave me the money. Everything about the loan was positive. My experience with them was a great opportunity. I was able to pay a bill thanks to TitleMax.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a car title loan from TitleMax and the lending process was easy and went pretty quickly. Everything went smoothly with their lending processor, too. It was a first time experience and it went pretty good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called TitleMax because I was looking for a loan, and then I stopped by their office. The overall lending process was really easy and it didn’t take long. It took 15 minutes. The lending representative was very nice and he explained everything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I pass TitleMax every day when I'm coming home from dropping off my husband and picking him up from dialysis. When I needed some quick money, I tried somewhere else and they were being too difficult. That's when I thought about TitleMax. They're great and I didn't have to wait too long and be bothered by anything or unnecessary wait time. The rep I worked with was fast, polite and kind. She was also very nice and very helpful. She told me to start filling up the application which I did on the computer and at my own pace. I'm not computer savvy so she was very understanding. She was helping another customer then she kept getting phone calls, so she was really dividing her time up between all of us. I got my car title loan in no more than 30 minutes and I was happy with the service. They're awesome. My loan helped me get everything straightened out with the holidays when all my budget had gone to craziness.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got TitleMax on the interweb and started doing the process online but somebody called me before I even finished, so I was pretty impressed. I got a title loan and the overall lending process was under 30 minutes. The lending processor was very friendly and straight to the point. Working with TitleMax has been very helpful to me. TitleMax is a good place to go certainly if you want to get your business taken care of quickly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax was recommended when I did my application online and I went there and got a title loan. The lending process was pleasant. Their staff was very polite and explained everything about how it worked to me. It took about 35 minutes, everything was electronically done on the computer. I was able to do what I needed to do. I'd recommend them.

Resolution In Progress

TitleMax

Thank you for contacting us! We’d like to help. Please contact us at (800) 804-5368 and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to assist you. You can also use the “Chat Live” option at www.titlemax.com or stop by the TitleMax location you have been working with. To find the stores information, just go to this link and type in your zip code: http://www.titlemax.com/store-locator/. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

Just before Christmas my title loan was down to $200. Made a part payment of 60.00 and told them that I would return after Christmas with the remainder of the payment. On Dec 26 they called but I was at home. No call on the 27th or 28th.. (You know when you miss a payment they harasses you to death.) Well woke up getting ready for work and car was gone. Called and their employee said I broke a verbal agreement to come back and pay after Christmas. Now I owe $521.00 and I don't have it due to Christmas... This is a way to scam good hard working people out of their money when they're near the end of the loan... Shame! Shame! Shame! on you!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a car title loan from TitleMax and the lending process was completed in 30-45 minutes. It was a walk-in and walk-out process waiting on paperwork. Out of the ordinary, the office was empty and there was only one other guy in there. Working with TitleMax is going to cost me in the end, but I needed it especially that I'm a contractor. Overall, my experience with them was okay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Getting a title loan from TitleMax was a 20-minute process at most. I typed in my information online, somebody gave me a call, and connected me to a branch that was near my house. After work, I went there. I brought all the forms of ID, title and the car that I needed to bring and they took pictures. It was a great interaction with their processor. The money I got helped me straighten out my situation.

Resolution In Progress

TitleMax

Thanks so much for your feedback Richard. I'm so sorry our in-store appraisal did not live up to your expectations, but I so glad the service you experienced was smooth and friendly. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I had my car title pawned and the process was smooth. I talked to somebody in person at TitleMax, who was friendly, but a lot of things were done by computer. The amount I got was lower than what I originally did online. I didn’t get as much as I thought I would get.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I fell into a little bind because I was hospitalized and needed a little bit of money. I’m from Texas so I didn’t know much what was going on here in Vegas. So when my neighbor told me that TitleMax lends money, which can be paid back with interest, I went with them. Genaro, the TitleMax rep, was awesome. He had nothing but proper manners and was very professional and nice. I had just gotten out of the hospital and he even tried to offer me a bottle of water. Overall, TitleMax is good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a loan from TitleMax using my car title. My wife called to get my documents in order and I visited a local branch. They looked at my car and made a phone call to the corporate office to confirm an amount that they would be able to lend. Then I filled out the documents and left that day with the check. It was good and fast. Start to finish was between 30 and 45 minutes. The staff was very friendly, and even the people who called me initially when I inquired online was prompt.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TitleMax helped me out tremendously in a good way and for what I needed it for. The overall lending process was wonderful. It was quick, easy and very friendly. It probably took 20 minutes. The lending processor was very knowledgeable and courteous as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a car title loan from TitleMax and my experience with them was okay. The overall lending process took about 30 minutes. When we first went into the store, it took about 30 minutes before anyone came up to the office. We were alone for about 20 minutes. It was good with the lending processor too. The only thing that bothered me was that they gave me a higher quote online than what I was able to get in the store. I thought it has to do with the mileage but even online, it asked the mileage and it gave me that higher price.

TitleMax Company Profile