Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.26/5
Based on 2,357 ratings

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

TitleMax Video

BOTTOM LINE

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

PROS

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

CONS

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Top TitleMax Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

When I reached out to TitleMax, they helped me that day. Their overall lending process was really smooth and fast. I even paid that debt back off. My lending officer ... was really nice and fast. Working with TitleMax was really good because I needed the money to move out of the state, and it was really helpful.

TitleMax's lending process was great and took about half an hour. Erica, the rep, helped me a lot and answered all my questions, which was why I’m happy with it. It was a great experience.

TitleMax Title Loans

TitleMax car and motorcycle title loans are available in 16 states. Unlike many other loan options, you don’t need a good credit score or a bank account to qualify for a title loan. While the qualifications differ by state, the basic TitleMax title loan requirements include:

• A paid-off car or motorcycle with the title in your name
  • Proof of income
  • A government-issued ID

All makes and models of cars are eligible as collateral, and you get to keep your car while you pay off the balance of your loan.

To get started with TitleMax, head to its website and fill out its quick loan application. To find out how much money you’re eligible for, you need to provide basic information about your vehicle, including the year, make and model.

TitleMax prides itself on getting you the cash you need as quickly as possible. You can get your title loan funds in as little as 30 minutes or within one business day. TitleMax bases your loan amount on the following factors:

• State regulations
  • How much you need
  • The value of your vehicle

Depending on your state of residence, you could receive up to $10,000.

TitleMax Personal Loans

TitleMax offers personal loans up to $2,500. These loans are unsecured, so while they’re typically for small amounts, you can apply for them without collateral. To apply for a TitleMax personal loan, visit its website and fill out the personal loan application with the following information:

• Name
  • Cell phone number
  • ZIP code
  • Email address

TitleMax Universe Silver Deposit Accounts

TitleMax created the Universe Silver deposit account as an alternative way for customers to receive funds. This account gives you no-fee cash withdrawals at Visa Plus Alliance ATMs and access to your account through the TitleMax app. Other features of the TitleMax Universe Silver deposit account include:

• Reduced monthly fees of $4.95
  • No fees due to inactivity
  • No bank teller withdrawal fees
  • Optional overdraft protection

It’s important to note that you must meet the eligibility requirements to get access to these exclusive benefits. TitleMax only promises these benefits to account holders who receive at least one recurring deposit of more than $200 every 35 days.

For customers who receive at least one recurring deposit of $500 every 35 days, TitleMax has the Direct Deposit Plus account. Benefits include:

• No monthly account fee
  • No cost for balance inquiries at out-of-network ATMs
  • Optional overdraft protection

TitleMax FAQ

How long do you have to pay back a TitleMax loan?
TitleMax loan payment plans range from 30 days to several months, depending on your loan contract. TitleMax’s loan specialists work with you to create a payment plan that fits your needs.
How much can you borrow from TitleMax?
You could be eligible to borrow up to $10,000 from TitleMax, depending on your state of residence. Familiarize yourself with your state’s title loan regulations to find out how large of a loan you can receive.
What happens if you default on a TitleMax title loan?
Defaulting on a TitleMax loan could result in repossession of your vehicle.
Can I refinance my loan with TitleMax?
Yes, TitleMax offers loan refinancing services for title loans. It generally will refinance any loan that already has 20% of principal paid.
Does TitleMax check your credit?
Yes, TitleMax looks into your credit before offering you a title loan, but the company states on its website that customers with bad credit are still eligible to receive funds.

Is TitleMax legit?

TitleMax is one of the largest lending companies in the nation. It serves thousands of customers every day online and at its more than 1,000 locations. The company processes applications quickly and disburses funds within one business day, which is helpful for people who need money to handle an emergency expense. If you need cash and fit all of its criteria, check out TitleMax’s website to apply for a personal or title loan.

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

The lovely lady that the Oxford Alabama store were so kind and considerate. Miss Debbie was exceptional and made sure she told me all the details about everything. If you were looking for a loan in Oxford Alabama are around there I suggest you go to the Oxford store and speak with a lovely ladies. They will help you with everything you need help with and are very considerate about others. Thank you ladies for all you do. Thank you.

Get buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I walked into Title Loan and I was greeted by Macy. She explained everything to me so that I had a full understanding of the process. Macy is experienced and she answered all of my questions. I asked about what happens in case of death, and she explained their policy. Thanks again Macy.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I am pleased with Chad ** on his help and knowledge toward help my needs! I would highly recommend him to everyone. I had so many questions about different loans and he was able to answer each and every one of my questions that day! Thanks again Chad **!!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Layla at the Conway SC store is awesome!! She made the experience quick and knew exactly what she was doing. Very professional and good at her job. I highly recommend them and if you’re in Conway ask for Layla and she will treat you right.

TitleMax response

Hi Chris! Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us. It's great to hear that Layla was able to help you and answer all of your questions! Please let us know if we can help with anything else!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I got a loan and paid it back. 3 years later they still haven’t removed the lien or returned my title. Now I’m out of state and can’t register my car, making it useless. Suing for value of car+loan and damages!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

They did help me with making a loan. Before reposting my truck I did update on their app my phone number of which they never called me. Never sent or informed me my truck was to be reposted. Even with the cares act actually had my truck reposted and the tow truck driver back up and hook up my truck while I was sitting in my truck so as to prevent me from leaving the home depot which I was in their parking lot. I told him no which he proceeded to tell me the truck was being taken which is breach of peace at that time. Title max also violated the cares act as well.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I received two title loans from these folks in October and November 2019 unaware of how they do business. They did not make the deal clear to me as to how they were using loopholes in the lending laws to legally rob consumers. All the reviews here must be fake cause nobody would be happy with losing their hard-earned vehicles to these crooks.

They charge thousands of dollars per month for what they call managing your loan and claim not to be the lender. Then after you've paid all of this to them you realize not one dime has been put to the loan principal. Then they had me go to another town and sign for another term and nothing given to me. The principal balances jumped up thousands of dollars. Then after three months, they claimed I am in default on a 30-day loan that has been going for 8 or 9 months and now have taken my wife's needed work vehicle and are in process of taking my vehicle needed to make a living. We borrowed 18000.00 and paid them approx. 19000.00 and still supposedly owe 23000.00. Now we are being robbed of our vehicles. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! WARNING!!!

Original review: May 20, 2020

I visited TitleMax on airline and the store manager was super friendly, nice, very helpful, Ms Lachell **. She need a raise. One bad thing is my money was stolen. Reported it but can’t get my money back. Sad case. They are no help.

TitleMax response

We are glad you had a positive experience with our team but sorry to hear about the theft. Please let us know if we can provide any details for a police report or an investigation. Please feel free to reach out to our customer resolutions hotline at 1 (800) 804-5368.

Original review: April 16, 2020

Due to covid19 I have been out of work since March 15,2020 of no fault of my own. Per the governor we were forced to close the dr office. I called office and spoke with the GM who showed no empathy or option except give me a few days to pay them. If I haven’t had any income you would think people who care would wonder how you are eating, etc. I called my location to check if I could get an extension or assistance since we have no money, and I was given an indifferent, uncaring response of "There's nothing we can do. You basically should just pay it because interest builds up on late fees. If you want, come visit us." This is not right to the hard working people who work so hard to pay all this money to y’all and I’ve always paid mine early or day of. This is the only loan of bill I have that is not helping at all!

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback! We are committed to supporting our customers during this challenging time and appreciate your patience while we try to accommodate as many customers as we can on an individual basis. At this time we are not charging late fees in most states and have stopped involuntary collateral recoveries for the foreseeable future. You can read more about our continuing efforts here: https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks/covid-19-coronavirus-update-protecting-our-team-members-and-customers-2/. Please continue to reach out to your local store and talk to us so that we can assist you further. We appreciate your business.

Original review: April 15, 2020

The people that work for TitleMax, are very friendly and knowledgeable. However, these loans have interest so high, that you will pay back 3x of what you borrowed. DON'T DO IT!! They do not need to charge that much interest, yet greed requires them to prey on people less fortunate. I think that is horrible and I will NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN!!! You should not either.

TitleMax Company Information