TitleMax Learn More
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.41/5

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

TitleMax Video
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

PROS

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

CONS

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Top TitleMax Reviews

When I reached out to TitleMax, they helped me that day. Their overall lending process was really smooth and fast. I even paid that debt back off. My lending officer ... was really nice and fast. Working with TitleMax was really good because I needed the money to move out of the state, and it was really helpful.

TitleMax's lending process was great and took about half an hour. Erica, the rep, helped me a lot and answered all my questions, which was why I’m happy with it. It was a great experience.

TitleMax Title Loans

TitleMax car and motorcycle title loans are available in 16 states. Unlike many other loan options, you don’t need a good credit score or a bank account to qualify for a title loan. While the qualifications differ by state, the basic TitleMax title loan requirements include:

• A paid-off car or motorcycle with the title in your name
  • Proof of income
  • A government-issued ID

All makes and models of cars are eligible as collateral, and you get to keep your car while you pay off the balance of your loan.

To get started with TitleMax, head to its website and fill out its quick loan application. To find out how much money you’re eligible for, you need to provide basic information about your vehicle, including the year, make and model.

TitleMax prides itself on getting you the cash you need as quickly as possible. You can get your title loan funds in as little as 30 minutes or within one business day. TitleMax bases your loan amount on the following factors:

• State regulations
  • How much you need
  • The value of your vehicle

Depending on your state of residence, you could receive up to $10,000.

TitleMax Personal Loans

TitleMax offers personal loans up to $2,500. These loans are unsecured, so while they’re typically for small amounts, you can apply for them without collateral. To apply for a TitleMax personal loan, visit its website and fill out the personal loan application with the following information:

• Name
  • Cell phone number
  • ZIP code
  • Email address

TitleMax Universe Silver Deposit Accounts

TitleMax created the Universe Silver deposit account as an alternative way for customers to receive funds. This account gives you no-fee cash withdrawals at Visa Plus Alliance ATMs and access to your account through the TitleMax app. Other features of the TitleMax Universe Silver deposit account include:

• Reduced monthly fees of $4.95
  • No fees due to inactivity
  • No bank teller withdrawal fees
  • Optional overdraft protection

It’s important to note that you must meet the eligibility requirements to get access to these exclusive benefits. TitleMax only promises these benefits to account holders who receive at least one recurring deposit of more than $200 every 35 days.

For customers who receive at least one recurring deposit of $500 every 35 days, TitleMax has the Direct Deposit Plus account. Benefits include:

• No monthly account fee
  • No cost for balance inquiries at out-of-network ATMs
  • Optional overdraft protection

TitleMax FAQ

How long do you have to pay back a TitleMax loan?
TitleMax loan payment plans range from 30 days to several months, depending on your loan contract. TitleMax’s loan specialists work with you to create a payment plan that fits your needs.
How much can you borrow from TitleMax?
You could be eligible to borrow up to $10,000 from TitleMax, depending on your state of residence. Familiarize yourself with your state’s title loan regulations to find out how large of a loan you can receive.
What happens if you default on a TitleMax title loan?
Defaulting on a TitleMax loan could result in repossession of your vehicle.
Can I refinance my loan with TitleMax?
Yes, TitleMax offers loan refinancing services for title loans. It generally will refinance any loan that already has 20% of principal paid.
Does TitleMax check your credit?
Yes, TitleMax looks into your credit before offering you a title loan, but the company states on its website that customers with bad credit are still eligible to receive funds.

Is TitleMax legit?

TitleMax is one of the largest lending companies in the nation. It serves thousands of customers every day online and at its more than 1,000 locations. The company processes applications quickly and disburses funds within one business day, which is helpful for people who need money to handle an emergency expense. If you need cash and fit all of its criteria, check out TitleMax’s website to apply for a personal or title loan.

TitleMax Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

My cousin used to talk about TitleMax before he passed. He said that they are a good place to deal with because even though you get a title loan from them and you're paying it, you can go back and pay them out early. And once you pay them out early, they will deduct the interest off, while most title loan companies don’t wanna deduct the interest off.

I filled out the paperwork then they went through the procedure and took a picture of me to let the man also know that it was me inside the office getting a title loan. They also took a picture of the car and let me know the interest rate. They said, "If I keep the loan for the whole three years, that’s the amount you pay, but if you pay it off early, the interest rate will go down and once you pay it off, that’s it.”

The lending process took about 20 minutes. The manager handled my account, but she had a phone call. After she got through with her phone call, she came back. And after we went through it, she told me how to download the app and said that I could use the app or come to the office to make my payment. She said that a lot of people come in, get money, then come back in 90 days and pay TitleMax out. But if I wanna keep the loan for three years or for six months, it's up to me.

Get expert buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

The lady that I talked to from TitleMax was real good. She helped me and explained things to me, and we had a good conversation. I walked in there, and she was very friendly. We started talking like we’ve known each other for a long time. It was my first time but she was very friendly, and I liked her attitude. We laughed. We had a good time. She was a very nice person to talk with. I needed the title loan at the time to try to get my mortgage up, and I explained it to her and she worked with me the best she could.

I have heard a lot about Titlemax, on the news in TV, and it was like, some place I wanted to go. I had a car title loan and it’s a 2014 Corolla. It took 30 to 45 minutes for the process to be completed. It was my fault because I missed a line and they had to start the computer on ‘cause I had hit the wrong button. So, the rep had to start over. But it wasn’t that long. I had a very good experience there. In fact, when I get this one paid off and if I need to go back, I’ll go back down to Tasha, the rep I talked with.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

TitleMax is in the neighborhood. I saw the building and I chose to go with them because of the location. But I went in twice and they were pretty busy. I didn't know if anybody was at the front desk and I waited for about 10 minutes but nobody came to the front. The very first time I went in, they were very accommodating and very helpful, but I decided not to do the loan at that time. Then I went back and that was when it looked like there were four guests but nobody was at the desk. They looked understaffed with three or four in line in front of me. So, I came back and there was another person in front of me there but once I sat down with somebody, the process was super quick.

I got a title loan and it took 20 minutes to complete the process. I gave them my driver's license, some personal information like my address, my income and expenses as well as the title itself. Then they took pictures of the vehicle but they did not have to drive it. All in all, they were super nice and the rep who assisted me was a super great guy. Also, working with TitleMax was a pressure release valve for me. As a small business owner, it really helps in a quick pinch for that cash, so the loan helped quite a bit.

TitleMax response

Thanks Mark, we appreciate your feedback. We are always trying to improve and learn from past experiences and would like to learn more about your recent visit with us. Please feel free to reach out to us at 1 (800) 804-5368 so that we can get more details about your situation. From there we can contact the appropriate parties and work through any issues.

Original review: May 3, 2019

A friend of mine told me that their relative had a good experience with TitleMax. I just got a small loan because I needed some work done on my car. TitleMax was awesome and unbelievable. I provided them with a copy of the released lien paperwork, a copy of the lien itself, and my driver’s license. The reps were so great, and patient because when I came in there, I thought I had a regular title, but all I had was the lien release and that wouldn’t work. Then they pulled up a picture and said that was what I needed, and I knew I had that somewhere too. Filling out the paperwork was so easy and so great that I could do it myself, then the rep took over after I was all done. I got approved for the loan in a couple minutes, but it seemed like seconds.

It was such a relief to be able to work with TitleMax because I just went through a nasty divorce and paid all these attorney fees. My ex-husband left me with nothing, moved in with his girlfriend, and took all my savings. Then I found out when we were selling our house that it had a lien, so I had to use all my savings to pay that. I was just starting a job and I just moved into a condo. I lost my bid on my house because I ended up with hardly anything and just enough to move in to my new house. The only consolation that I have is that I was able to get that loan because, if not, I wouldn’t have had the ability to get my car fixed.

The lending process was so easy once I got everything I needed. The only reason why I struggled was because I just recently moved, so I was a little discombobulated. But to be able to have the flexibility to go through that emergency was such a relief after moving, the divorce, and custody. You really need to have TitleMax as an option if you have an emergency. I love them.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I never got a loan before so I was a little nervous. TitleMax was close to my house so I went there just to inquire but I felt really comfortable with the representative who helped me so I ended up staying in there. I have very minimal sight right now so she walked through things with me and explained the whole process before we even did it. I asked questions as far as my vehicle and how it would go with the loan. She answered the questions clearly and gave additional information. She was pretty detailed and I felt like there wasn’t anything hidden. There were no gray areas which is what I liked. I like it bold, straight and forward.

TitleMax's process was easier than I thought. I just got out of the hospital and needed to move rather quickly because of a respiratory problem that was the result of where I was living, so she’d seen the urgency. I needed it because the opportunity that I had to move where I am now moved into would have been definitely taken by someone else if it was on the market any longer.

I also wanted to be discreet as far as the amount goes and she caught on that quickly. My three children were there and I didn't want more information to be shared than needed to out loud. So when we started talking, all the way down to when I was approved, she was pretty discreet about it, as well as with what I was approved for and how to go through it. However, it would have been nice if the cost was a little bit lower.

She also assisted with the application by doing everything electronically and explained thoroughly each step of the way of what was being done like taking pictures of my vehicle to what it was for. Then, there was another employee there who distracted my kids a little bit while I was taking care of finalizing some things.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: March 20, 2020

My spouse had to self quarantine from work due to potentially being exposed to the covid19 and that was extended after she showed symptoms. I called the Fort Oglethorpe location to check if I could get an extension or assistance since we have no money, and I was given an indifferent, uncaring response of "There's nothing we can do. You basically should just pay it because interest builds up on late fees. If you want, come visit us."

I CAN'T visit when I'm in quarantine! I ended the call and just had to compose myself from crying. We pay 384 every month in interest alone, which is okay, but it's not like we expected to be out of work due to a pandemic. A little compassion goes a long way. Title Loan has already pocketed a hefty profit from me. I hope that sits well on their conscience.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I walked into Title Loan and I was greeted by Macy. She explained everything to me so that I had a full understanding of the process. Macy is experienced and she answered all of my questions. I asked about what happens in case of death, and she explained their policy. Thanks again Macy.

Original review: March 3, 2020

Hello Consumer Affairs, I just want to give a detail of Titlemax loan company. They are not who they say they are? I had been talking to a representative all week, she then told me what documents I needed to bring in? I then called her back not knowing she was just tricking me. And fully was NOT going to in any way form or fashion give me and anyone else that day a loan. I did not play with her, I filled the application outright, told the truth of the information she wanted and I also was very nice to her. She never looked at me. She did not smile, and rather she had set me over in a corner for about 25 minutes, knowing full well she was NOT about to give me a loan of no kind. I told her that my credit may have small blemishes and that I am working on it as well.

She told me over the phone and in person. No credit was allowed or checked in the application process. But when it was denied. She had checked both credit bureaus, and then she also called all of my references while I was sitting there and I told her not to do that? Only if I do not pay. I got an email from her stating I was approved if I could quote the code. She got angry at me, and said, "Since you do not have your phone with you, I am declining your loan." I kindly told her to give me back my voided check, and good bye. She never gave me the check and she locked the door so I could not get out unless I asked her to open it.

It was not a good experience and wish they would not lie to the customer to get you in the building and find out how much money you got in your bank account as well. Had I knew of this matter, I never would have come to that place in the beginning because neither one of the clerks were nice. All they want is your personal information and do not have any idea of ever giving you a loan. That is not good, and that is why I am writing you all to let you know to stay away from these people. I will also write to the district attorney office and let her know of this bad actions and lies they tell us, to get the people in the building. I asked her to do it over and she said no.

Well if you knew the credit report was not good, why could you have told us over the phone and not have us drive all the that place and know that you will turn us down. That is bad business all the way? I hope congress shut you all down for good, and you not do this to anyone else. You could have let the loan went on because I only asked for a small amount from the loan. There was no need for a big loan. Checking credit accounts was not the issue. The whole company is. You all are big liars and use people for their information to toot your horn and show you are in business and do not do anything but rob people of the hard earned cash.

Yes I agree go out of business, and before you do, change the way you serve the customer because you are not helping anyone anyway. My friend only borrowed 1000.00 from you all and he is now paying $3,999.00. Back. Lie on top of lies. You know that is highway robbery. I hope The Commercial Appeal

see this and put a padlock on your door. For tax evasion and embezzlement charges too. You are not helping no one. Liars.

TitleMax response

Pamela, thank you for reaching out about your recent experience. We value your feedback with TitleMax and would like to learn more. Please feel free to reach out to our customer resolutions hotline at 1 (800) 804-5368. From there we can contact the appropriate parties and work through any issues.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I am pleased with Chad ** on his help and knowledge toward help my needs! I would highly recommend him to everyone. I had so many questions about different loans and he was able to answer each and every one of my questions that day! Thanks again Chad **!!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

7 months ago I borrowed 5k on my truck. My payments are $800/month. To date I've paid back $5600. I've only satisfied $87 of the original $5,000 loan. DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. This is the kind of stuff they won't tell you when the contract agreement is being drawn up. This type of business should be illegal. Oh yea, I forgot to mention one important thing. If you are 1 day late on a payment, (I'm not making this up. It happened to me.) your payment doubles.

I went from a $800 payment that month to a $1570 payment that month. Also I might add, they automatically throw your loan into default. At that moment they can and have all legal right (due to the contract) to come repo your car and sell it. Then you still owe the loan amount. DON'T FALL FOR THIS KIND OF SCAM. I WILL EVENTUALLY END UP PAYING BACK AROUND $38,000 ON A $5,000 LOAN.

TitleMax Company Information