4.53/5
Based on 818 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. We strive to provide a superior level of customer service as we help thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan.

With thousands of convenient locations, TitleMax is here to help you obtain your next car or motorcycle title loan. Contact us today to learn more about us and what we can do for you!

TitleMax Video
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 22, 2018

1422 TitleMax Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

The whole lending process with TitleMax took a few minutes to complete and everybody was nice, friendly, courteous, and supportive. I've had a truck loan with them years ago before and working with them really helped.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 20, 2018

Don't do it folks. Notice how all the 5 star ratings here only mention the process of getting the loan and not the repayment. The repayment is ridiculous and you will end up losing your car or spending years repaying several time what you owe. If you are considering this, figure you will payback 5 time your loan by the time you are paid off, or you will lose your car. So if they give you a $1000 loan you will pay back $5000 or lose your car for $1000. Please don't do it. There are other options. Run up your credit cards if you have to.

If you are a woman then go work at a strip club if you have to. Beg, sell your stuff, sell a kidney, take out a loan from Guido the loan shark. All of these are better alternatives than doing TitleMax. Their employees are paid on commission so they will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you to take out that loan. They will not accept your excuse if you are late. In the hospital, single parent, death of a family member, it doesn't matter. They will take your car. Stay away and hopefully they will run out of business. They should be illegal. DON'T DO IT!

Original review: April 16, 2018

I needed money quickly and got a title loan from TitleMax. The process was very quick and easy, and it was completed in 30 minutes. Also, the rep I dealt with was very good.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Getting a car title loan from TitleMax was fairly simple. I did the process in a computer, and it took about 20 minutes for it to be completed. The rep I worked with in-store was good. The loan helped me out. TitleMax did a good job and my experience was good.

Original review: April 15, 2018

My wife and I needed some extra cash to pay a couple of bills. I found TitleMax online while Kellie was at work, so I did the application online for her, and the guy called her back really fast. But since she was at work, they called us back the very next morning, and we went down there. We ended up getting a title loan, and the lending processor was awesome and professional. He was so helpful to me and I had my sister go up there the very next day. TitleMax should keep up the good work and keep doing what they're doing. I dealt with multiple title loan places, and TitleMax has been one of the best ones.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: April 15, 2018

My friend said her experience with TitleMax was great and I went by her word and applied for a car title loan. The process was completed in 30 minutes, which was quick. Their rep was very nice and she explained everything. I will recommend it.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I got my loan from TitleMax since I was going to pay it back here in three weeks. The process was quick and easy. It took 40 minutes it was done. The lending processor was great. She was just really nice.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I liked that with TitleMax, I could go to a physical location and see them. Their loan representative was very good. I like that she was very clear on the disclosures, which in their type of business is usually their weakness. I'd tell others to give TitleMax a try but to also make sure they pay attention to the disclosures, so they know exactly how much they’re paying and to make sure they know there are no prepayments.

Original review: April 13, 2018

TitleMax does title loans. So, I called and talked to them on the phone, and they got my name and information, and I told them I would go there that day. Getting a car title loan was really easy. I was already in the system when I was in Savannah, and I just had to update some stuff and fill out the information. And I wasn't even there that long. Their reps were very nice and polite, and I understood everything they said and they explained to me. So, overall, I was satisfied with the service I had. The person who helped me get the loan helped me understand the payments and what I would have to pay and she let me know that if I had any questions, I could call her. She also explained that if I'm not able to pay at times, I just have to call ahead of time and they'll work something out. I would recommend them.

Original review: April 13, 2018

The people I worked with at TitleMax were fine, but the process of getting a loan was very long. It took about two hours to complete. But other than that, I'd tell my friends to try it.

Original review: April 13, 2018

A friend got TitleMax before. I got a car loan and it was easy. It will take you 15 minutes. I liked everybody. I can recommend TitleMax to everybody.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I needed to find some quick 30-day loan, something short term because of my wife's health and TitleMax helped us. They are in the neighborhood and it was very convenient so I just went there. I had a second truck so I decided to do a loan on that truck. The process was great and it took less than 30 minutes. Working with the lending processor was also like talking to somebody I had known for years. It was fantastic. If you're looking for a quick and convenient loan, go with TitleMax. I intend to maybe use them again in the future too.

Original review: April 12, 2018

The car title loan we got from TitleMax gave us a little bit of help for the time being. The lending process went okay, and the rep did a great job.

Original review: April 11, 2018

TitleMax is a minute from where I live. Getting a car loan from them was fast. I didn't really have to do much, and everything was self-explanatory, so I was in and out in 30 minutes. And also, there was no struggle and there was nothing weird with the lending rep. With TitleMax, everything was pleasant and really simple. There was an expense that I had to take care of right away. I was able to get what I needed for the time being. And as soon as my taxes come in, I'm going to replace all that. So I'm not going to have much interest either.

Original review: April 11, 2018

The ladies in the TitleMax office were wonderful, and the process of getting an auto title was awesome. The ladies walked me through it and explained the loan process to me very well, which I understood fully. I’ve never done a process like theirs before and it was easier than I thought. I was in and out very quickly. The only thing that’s kind of scary and it had nothing to do with the office is the interest rate was kind of high, but it’s probably the nature of the beast.

Overall, TitleMax is great. And I liked their online reviews. My mother-in-law had used loanDepot in the past and I looked up their ratings and they were horrible. And TitleMax was on the broad internet and when I looked at their ratings through Yelp and Google, it was a lot better especially the particular store I went to. I would recommend TitleMax.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I had a great experience with TitleMax. I called them and I liked the person on the phone so I used them. I needed a loan right then and they made it so simple to fix my problem. The loan process was very easy, and the person who helped me walked me through each step, and the process was completed in 30 minutes. I've never borrowed money, so I didn't even know how to do it and I liked that there was somebody to help me right away.

Original review: April 10, 2018

My sister told me about TitleMax. I got a car title loan and the process was very professional. They got good customer service. They make sure before you go through it to ask you, “Are you sure you want to go through with it?” This was very open and honest. It took about 30 minutes. I had some warrants that I had to get taken care of. I had 72 hours, so I went there and got it all cleared up.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I’ve used TitleMax before. When I applied for a title loan for a truck, they took my information and household income. And then they submitted the application, and took pictures of my pick-up and the title of my pick-up. They remembered me from going in there all the time, so I just did chit-chat a little bit with Robert, the lending processor, while he was doing stuff out. He said I can’t borrow 10,000 and then they showed what I was eligible for. It took forever for the application to come back though. I think we got approved for 7,200 and I only took 5,000. I was able to pay the stuff I needed to. It was a good experience and others can use them too.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I have a friend that lives in Calhoun that her and her husband had to do the TitleMax thing in Calhoun because they had to pay the property tax and they had some downtime. So, it was really convenient and easy and they actually paid it off and then redid it again. My friend referred TitleMax, and I also had a very good experience.

I liked that with TitleMax, it was reasonably easy to pay the loan back and the interest rate wasn’t high. So, it wasn’t something I should have been scared of for so long. I got a title loan from them. The people at TitleMax were very helpful. I’m originally from Florida and I have a home down there as well, but my driver’s license was up here in Georgia. So, I was going to have to register the vehicle from Florida to Georgia and the two workers there were talking back and forth about how they could tie into the thing. So, instead of me having to come up with the money to go do that before I can get the loan, it was all handled altogether. So, it worked out perfectly.

Both were very knowledgeable about what they were doing back and forth because I needed to know if they would be able to loan the money on the car before I even went to get my insurance and my tag changed over. It took quite a while because I was stretching on it. I needed to know that I was going to be able to borrow it. So, they were very helpful in working everything out.

The loan I got gave me a big relief because I was behind on my rent and needed to catch up. My landlord was really working with me, but it relieved me from feeling so guilty from being behind. The people at TitleMax were very professional and friendly and I’ve heard a couple other people coming in and talked to a lady there. They were going to be late on payments and she told them, “Look, just don’t stress. This will work out.” They were very personable people in this office. They made me feel comfortable about getting the title loan.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I had a great experience with TitleMax. They were able to help me get the money that I needed at the time. And it was fast and easy, which was my main thing because I had just stepped away from work. Their rep was very kind and she explained everything, and she told me if I had any questions, I could call her. She was cool. We talked about work and she told me what she did before then. We talked about the interest, and I was kind of tired that day because I was working for six days and she offered me water and asked if I was okay. It wasn't like a business process and it was a little more personal.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I did a search online and TitleMax had the highest ratings. I got a loan for my truck from them and it was the only time I've done anything like that. They made it real easy and simple. They were also friendly and I was able to go in and get what I needed. Everything was quick and went really well. The whole process took 30 minutes and they gave me a check right then. Now, I make my payments over the phone which is not bad but I wish they had an online payment kind of thing as that would make things easier. Still, if my friends were looking to get a loan, I would tell them to go to TitleMax.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I felt TitleMax would be a better company than these little bitty ones around Garland. I got another truck title loan and it was good. The rep was courteous, polite and explained everything good to me. It took about 20 minutes, which met my expectations.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I used TitleMax about four years ago. This time, I got a loan from them again and their process was pretty good. I went to their store and they printed me the check. It took about 10 to 15 minutes which was quicker than I thought it would take and their rep made sure I was alright. It was a great experience.

Original review: April 7, 2018

TitleMax's process of getting a car title loan was great and it was done in half an hour. I went to the TitleMax office, and their lending processor, Neo, was wonderful. She was personable and professional. The loan has helped a lot. It was the first one I ever loaned, and it went a lot better than I had anticipated. If my friends would consider TitleMax, I'd tell them to go for it.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I got a car title loan from TitleMax and it's helping me with something that has to do with purchasing a house. The process was different with the computer used now. There was no paperwork and it was fast. Their rep was really nice, too. And we're paying them on time because the only reason is our taxes weren’t going to be here on time. I would tell my friends to go with TitleMax as long as they can make their payment.

Original review: April 6, 2018

TitleMax is convenient. The lady there was really nice and had great customer service. And the process was very fast and easy. I got a car title loan and it really helped me when I needed it. TitleMax is very reliable and you're comfortable when you go there.

Original review: April 6, 2018

A friend told me about Titlemax. I got a loan and it went good. It took about 30 to 40 minutes. I liked the one-on-one contact with a person. He was helpful. It was a good experience.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I needed money to fix my truck, and Mona, the lady from TitleMax who gave me the loan was a good person. She did a hell of a job and she's a tough woman. The process was completed in two days because on the first day, I didn’t want to get the loan because I was getting $142. My car is a 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe and I have rims and tires on it. Now the thing is, my rim and tires are worth more than $1,500 and I took the bumper off because I'm going to put a grille guard and they said there was a lot of damage to the car. I love my Tahoe and I would have liked to borrow more so I can keep it instead of throwing it. But other than that, the process went smoothly. And everybody at the TitleMax office was really nice and I look forward to working with them.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I read some of the reviews about Titlemax online, and the reviews were pretty good. It was my first time taking out a title loan, and TitleMax helped me when I needed money. The overall lending process was easy. The representative walked me through every stuff including the prices and explained everything to me. It took 30 or 40 minutes to complete the lending process and the office that I went to, I didn’t even know that it was there. It had been there for so long from speaking with the ladies. I was very pleased with my experience. I would recommend TitleMax.

Original review: April 4, 2018

TitleMax is close to my house, and getting a car loan from them was quick and easy. The whole process took 20 minutes and everything was great with the rep I dealt with. She was on top of it. We had a good experience and we were able to pay our bill with the loan that we got from TitleMax.

TitleMax expert review by Lauren Fix

TitleMax was founded in Georgia in 1998 and is now one of the largest title lenders in the United States with more than 1,000 locations in 17 states across the United States. The company offers title loans and title pawns for cars and motorcycles.

• Qualifications: Those with bad credit can qualify for a loan through TitleMax. Applicants must only be 18 years old, or 19 in Alabama, have a government-issued photo ID, have a source of income and own a car or motorcycle without a lien.

• No penalties: TitleMax does not charge an additional fee if clients make a payment early or pay their loan off early.

• Speed: TitleMax works to get customers in and out quickly. In many cases, employees can check a client’s qualifications and process their loan within 30 minutes.

• Online application: Individuals can apply for a TitleMax loan online. This option may be especially appealing to those who want to work with TitleMax but do not live near one of their locations.

• Consumer education: Consumers interested in obtaining a title loan can visit TitleMax’s website to learn about the process of applying and qualifications. They can also follow the company’s blog for financial advice, car care tips and more.

• Best for: car and motorcycle owners facing unexpected costs or a financial emergency.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

TitleMax Company Information