4.62/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. We strive to provide a superior level of customer service as we help thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan.

With thousands of convenient locations, TitleMax is here to help you obtain your next car or motorcycle title loan. Contact us today to learn more about us and what we can do for you!

TitleMax Video
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

1102 TitleMax Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I have never taken out a title loan. I have always heard bad experiences. I had an emergency and nowhere else to turn. My experience was pleasant and very relaxed. I did not feel stressed and they did all they could to help me. I want to say Thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

This was my first time coming into Titlemax. I had completed my application online. And your representative, assisted me very professionally and courteous, and she also answered all questions efficiently. I could not remember my Gmail password, and could not log in. The representative was very nice, helpful, pleasant and worked well, without asking questions to other employees. Give her reward for accurately explaining the process properly and I really appreciated that.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My visit was pleasant & very professional. Everything was explained to make sure I understood how the loan & repayment works. Excellent service. I would definitely recommend to a friend since a credit check is not required. Like the fact that they send reminders as to when your payment is due.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

My experience at TitleMax was surprisingly easy and straightforward. Ms ** was very warm and welcoming. I came in & was nervous. That soon dissipated, as I soon felt like I was talking to a friend of mine. She made the process painless & easy. I appreciate her expertise and professionalism. I will recommend her to anyone that I know that can benefit from the service. Thanks Ms **.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Well I've got to say when I started looking into a title loan I really didn't expect it to work out. The truth is I my credit isn't that great hasn't been for a while and so when I call them I expected to be given a list of reasons why I couldn't get a loan. But that's not what happened when I went in. I didn't have all the paperwork I needed. I wasn't prepared because I guess I didn't expect it to work out but they worked with me. So I expected a ridiculously high interest-rate that I wouldn't be able to keep up with or that I would have to pay it back in 30 days which I wouldn't be able to do or I would not get the full amount that I needed but I got more than twice what I needed And it was a really great experience and I would definitely recommend TitleMax and I will use them.

I won't go to anyone else for Title loan. I trust them. They even paid my registration out of the money I borrowed so I didn't even have to mess with the DMV and as for the TitleMax And best of all the staff and office manager that I worked with are absolutely fantastic people. They were professional, friendly, down to earth, courteous, made me feel very comfortable, patient, even keep the office open for late for me. I would definitely give them a 10 out of 10 and I would absolutely recommend TitleMax to anybody who wants to get a Title loan.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

It was an amazing feeling that after weeks of being told no, Pablo at the Washington Ave Titlemax said yes. This gave my new wife and I, a start on our savings account and emergency fund. I really feel that Pablo cares about us as his customers and the personal commitment we made towards each other as client and valued customer prove this. Thank you Pablo and thank you TitleMax. lol

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I called about a small loan and the ladies were amazing. We scheduled an appointment time for me to come in. When I arrived, they were waiting for me. She remembered why I needed a loan and asked general questions about me. She took a genuine interest in me as a person, not just as a paycheck for her. The whole process lasted only about 30 minutes.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

When I was in dire straits for a loan, my credit was not good, and I really didn't have anywhere to go to get a loan. I found a few title loan stores that were only interested in loaning me a relatively small loan for a whole lot of money, but when I found TitleMax, I knew I was in good hands. Finding employment in Beaumont from San Antonio, I needed to have my account transferred, which may not even be possible, or so I thought until I met Sequoia at TitleMax Beaumont. She was a fresh of breath air, and she understood my situation and jumped right into getting my paperwork transferred and taking my monthly payment.

With the support of the store manager, David, I could see why Sequoia was so good. David was also more than I could ever hope for in a Store Manager. I would highly recommend TitleMax in Beaumont, Texas for your title loan needs. I've been doing this a while, and I trust them from past my experiences with them. They are honest, professional and friendly. Surprisingly it's not common for companies to have those qualities anymore. TitleMax does. Thank you Sequoia, David and TitleMax.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I really was uneasy about doing a title pawn but the manager was awesome. He explained everything in honest detail and we made a deal that was smart for me. I was in and out in 30 minutes. I got what I needed and felt good about it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

The team at TitleMax on King Blvd And Figueroua blvd were the best. They were so professional and courteous. They even stayed over late to help finish my transaction. I would recommend them to anyone honestly needing extra money in a hurry. Thank you team. You’re the best.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

After having a long day at work, I went to make a payment and received amazing customer service at Laredo, Tx. This location has an amazing staff team. It is very rare and unusual that at close to closing time, the staff and the manager still have and maintain great customer service. My applause to them. I definitely recommend that if you are looking for an auto loan, go to Title Max, they're located at 4316 San Bernardo Ave. They also have the best rate on any title loan guaranteed!!! Outstanding service!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

** store manager and ** General Manager of 3130 Austin Peah Hgwy Memphis, TN 38128 was courteous, helpful, and very knowledgeable. They performed my loan fast and efficiently while explaining to me the details of my loan and answering my questions. Would definitely recommend this office as it at local great location and provided great customer service.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

This transaction was very smooth and easy. They was very helpful and upfront about the situation. TitleMax is a great company to do business with. I recommend anyone with a car title and need cash to give them a call.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Very friendly, Manager gave me a fresh cold bottle of water. Ms./Mrs. ** was very nice she was the one handling the loan. Even the young lady heading to lunch. Made sure she said hello and shaked my hand and said thank you for choosing us. Just one big open welcome, very comfortable environment. Made me feel like a Celebrity or Royal Queen. So yes I would recommend them to others.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

My husband and I had a very good experience at the store that is in Newport Tennessee. My husband and I had never used a title loan business before and didnt really know what to expect. We were offered many great options and got just exactly what we needed. Thank you Titlemax!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Great customer service and had me in and out. Explained everything. Only complaint I️ would have is how high my monthly payments are. My payments are higher than I️ planned on them being. But other than that and the interest rate being high my overall experience was good.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I had a great experience at the Batch Springs location. Rebecca "IZA" ** was very helpful, polite, and extremely informative. I had several questions and she had the answers. I will recommend this location to anyone that would like to use this service.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I felt very comfortable with the staff and didn't feel like a beggar as some companies have done in the past. They were interested and asked about me personally. When leaving, it was dark and they made sure I was safe! Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We came in 15 min til closing because of our work schedule and the GM was very nice. He stayed and we had our loan in 35 minutes. Easy and great experience. I told him we could come back on Monday but offered to stay if we wanted to do the loan at that time.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Representative Ash at your Northport Al Office was very polite and took the time to make sure that I felt comfortable with your service. Very professional and informative. Very pleased with this agent. The in and out time of this experience took only 30 to forty five minutes. Quick and professional. Would recommend.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My experience was exceptional. The process was fast, easy and pleasurable. The whole process took less than 30 minutes and I was able to walk out with a check in my hands. Customer service was top notch and the staff was very knowledgeable and welcoming.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I am very happy with the guy I dealt with. He was very professional. He was very helpful and understanding. He explained everything to where I could understand. He even gave advice on how to deal with my loan and get it paid off faster. I would recommend TitleMax any day.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I had an excellent experience here, the staff was very friendly and went above and beyond to make sure I got a good amount on my title loan. Laura explained the details in depth and understanding she has excellent customer service for skills. The gentleman that was working with her was also very polite. I didn't interact with him much as he was taking a test if they see this. I hope you passed! Very excellent. Would definitely recommend them!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Never know when an emergency will come up but I found myself in need of some quick cash so I thought I would try a title loan and found that it was quick and easy and felt like I could trust the people I was dealing with. They took the time to explain everything so I knew just what I was doing. Trust goes a long way with me and I found no hidden surprises. I would recommend Saraland Titlemax if you want an honest friendly place to do business. Ask for Monica. She was so very helpful for me.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

A friend went through TitleMax a few years back so I also went with them for a car title loan a few weeks ago. The lending process was easy, took about 45 minutes which is fast, and they made sure they had everything that they needed. They were very nice, respectful, and made sure that I was taken care of and that the car was going to be taken care of. The lending processor also made sure all my questions got answered. TitleMax helped me get caught up on what I needed to catch up on and it was very convenient.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

TitleMax's lending process is excellent. It was very quick and I didn’t run into any issues. The manager guy was friendly, very helpful and knowledgeable. Being able to get a car title loan from them has been very helpful and I'm using it for the short terms.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

The lending process with TitleMax was easy. The person I worked with was very knowledgeable, professional and friendly. They definitely helped because I definitely needed the money at that time.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

The lending process of TitleMax was excellent due to their customer service. Their reps explained everything to me and helped me pick a good loan that was good for my budget. And if I have an issue, I can call them. They would work with me and would call to make sure everything’s okay. The service was excellent overall and I'd recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

It was easy to get a car title loan with TitleMax. It only took 20 minutes. They gave me the check at the end and the lending processor was nice and informative.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I was with American Title Loans before and TitleMax gave me more for the car title loan which was better. Everything went easy and great for me. The entire process took an hour which was okay but would like it to be quicker. The lending processor was perfect and treated me well. TitleMax made things easier for me because when I need some extra funds, I can always go in and be able to get that and get everything taken care of real quick. So, it's been helping me out and has been able to take care of some unexpected bills at the time. It's been a good experience with TitleMax and I've recommended them a few times.

TitleMax Company Information