1.30/5

Need a payday & title loan lender?

Money Mart

Need a payday & title loan lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Money Mart Reviews

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Brought my Canada Pension Disability cheque to Mississauga location at 3427 Derry Rd East (Malton) location. She looked at the cheque and then turned to another girl. The other one came up and looked at it. Then she asked if I had the stub??? Then I got “oh we have to call the manager...” so she picked up the phone... then I got “oh we don’t cash government cheque’s here." ??? It’s not a personal or business cheque. It’s from the Canadian Government!!! So I left and went out and Googled “does Money Mart cash government cheques” and of course they do. I went in and showed this person and she said “we can’t cash it because we’ve had issues.” ??? I asked her name and she said “we don’t give out our names.”

I went out and started to walk home and I called the Etobicoke location and asked the guy and he said “yes we do!” In a bright and cheery manner. I called the Malton location back. She answered something along the lines of “thank you for calling Money Mart" - insert name here - I said “so you don’t give out your names huh?? I just called the Etobicoke location and he said you cash government cheques... I will be filing a complaint against you with your head office about your crap story.” I came home and called and talked to a guy and explained what happened. He seemed very puzzled. He asked if this was my first time going there and commented about it not being a great first impression (paraphrasing). I guess every other government issued cheque is not a problem, but mine was. I received it the day before...

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I got better experience regarding customer care of Western Union. I sent money through western union from Calgary, Canada. Any reason I don't want to send money and I want to get money back. I called (18002350000) customer care of National Money Mart. Most of the customer care Agent like robot. What I am saying they don't try to listen to me. What they know they repeat same things. They tell me they will call me back but they never. Six hours I tried to get money back but I failed. In this situation one store CSR (CSR JAI, Trx#**) helped me and I got money back. What my understanding Customer Care Agents communication skill and English are very poor. I think they don't have sufficient knowledge dealing the situation. I got worst experience regarding customer care service.

Get expert buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Money Mart #225. 12788-96 Ave Surrey BC. I sent money through Western Union to someone's a/c but some reason didn't went through. I called WU and they advise to get refund. But when I went to this same location they said don't have money to refund and come back next day. So, I went there and again they don't have money, advised to come back after two days and they would have for sure. When I went back after two days they said don't have money and they were very rude and unprofessional. I complained to WU office but not received any call from them yet. Never go to this location????

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Money returned back. It was a gift for wedding of our granddaughter. Representative doesn't care about customer, just called to manager and with smile mentioned: "I will not take any money from you to transfer, If Western Union returned your money and doesn't matter how much, you will unable to transfer here any more". Right after Money Mart returned my money back I reached a Western Union customer service. Transaction was not completed by Western Union because I was unable to take a call to confirm. One of Western Union representative asked if I have "air code" for transaction which should be provided by Money Mart to help me send money right away. Of course no "air code" provided by representative of Money Mart. Now I will need to waste my extra time to visit another location to complete transaction.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I hate this site, they don’t care about their customers at all & seem to have bad service & staff. I applied for a loan, got approved & sent the documents but had to wait 2 days to hear back from them. I called the contact number & the lady was so rude to me so I hung up on her. They don’t reply to your emails or anything & have a ** excuse for having “a lot of applications”. Eventually I withdrew my application. They’re terrible. I wouldn’t recommend relying on them for a loan, there are way better sites out there. Be careful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Money Mart?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

They did my taxes. And let me tell you mine are very simple. I've did my taxes there twice and I will never go back again. I now owe the government 3500. I'm a single mother and live paycheque to paycheque. My advice is go to professionals. I will never recommend to do your taxes at Money Mart.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I give this online Money Mart zero stars. My husband got a loan from these guys in May. They took money from my account which they had no authorization for and then the next day took money from my husband's account. Then the day after that they sent him an email saying he owes zero dollars. Then month later collections were phoning us saying he still owes almost $200. We have been dealing with this for a month phoning around trying to get to the bottom of this, with no luck. I do advise not to deal with Money Mart at all. There is fraudulent workers and it will wreck your credit... STAY AWAY from Money Mart.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Went online after being referred by the company as an easy and simple way to re-apply for a loan. They said it was 2 hours and money would be deposited. It’s now been 4 days and now sitting on hold as to what’s going on. Keep in mind this is the 5th time calling in and now they have informed me that they require biweekly pay information which is fair yet every biweekly pay is different due to my commissions, hours work, etc. And they won’t approve me based on stating a monthly income over a biweekly pay on my application?? Best to go in person and avoid online at all cost. They have also dinged my credit twice now online ‘cause they wanted me to reapply with different pay structure. I have not had to take a loan out in over 4 years and will be steering clear away from this false online promise in the future. Avoid at all cost unless you’re ready to have your credit drop some points and be promised something that can’t be done.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Sometimes being in a tight spot, financially, can bring you down a little but as soon as I walk into the Money Mart in Scarborough, the manager there, Devashree **, always has a smile on her face and treats you like a superstar. She remembers your name, your children, your past conversations and is always ready to help!! She is ever so kind and extremely helpful with whatever your needs are. I highly recommend you go see her and she'll take you out of whatever tough jam you happen to be in... guaranteed. If I could give her 10 stars I would.. She's a keeper!!

Original review: May 11, 2019

On the website they say 2 hours instant e-transfer. Which is completely fake. 100% fake. It will take minimum 48 hours. Also the loan department is rude and they don’t know how to talk to customers professionally. Plus they are highly racist as well no doubt. I withdrew the loan same hour I applied. Please don’t fall for their bad practices.

Money Mart Company Information