1.6/5 (79 ratings)

About Money Mart

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Money Mart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Money Mart?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I was approved for a loan from Money Mart but there was no money sent even though they set up a repayment schedule. I provided all documents needed. My credit rating took a huge hit as I couldn't pay as promised because of this incompetent so called business. Almost 2 weeks and they still can't get their ** together.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

I've been going there for a few years now, so it's nice to have someone recognizing me every time I go in. ** knows how to make me feel comfortable. It's definitely not the case of all employees of Money Mart. I gotta say though, that one (15207 stony plain rd.) give good service, and I always get the best help. ** always goes out of her way to help me, and I really appreciate it.

Get buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I sent money and the receiver was unable to get it. Lyle was very kind and efficient on assisting me. He made all the necessary calls and pointed me in the right direction. I got my refund back in a record time. He made my experience a very pleasant one. Thank you Lyle.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I wasn't happy with the Bank's currency exchange so I thought I'd ask Money Mart for the best way to exchange currency without getting ripped off. They said Western Union was the best option. Because after the transaction fee I would get "the exact exchange rate." So I trusted them, got my affairs in order and sent the money via Western Union... When the money came through it turns out they charged 25% for the exchange rate on top of the fee.

I questioned it and Money Mart said the exchange rate can change every 10min and that Western Union set their own exchange rate... I would of never used WU if they told me this! That's really important information to leave out! Why did they suggest WU as the "best option" knowing this information? I then said I'd rather have the money picked up by the sender and send it another way. Money Mart said the money had already been sent, hence they would need to charge another transaction fee and another exchange fee for me to have the sender pick up the money they sent. Then they told me to ring the Western Union number if I have a problem with that. I explained I was lied to in store by Money Mart, not WU. Thus I feel this is a MM issue.

MM refused to take any responsibility! All I wanted was for them to admit they lied, "miscommunicated" or forgot vital information and help me get a full refund from WU. Later I rang Western Union to explain. They basically said "too bad!". I told them I was lied to by their customer representative... They told me I can't prove that. WU has almost 85% negative reviews in the past 12 months. I don't understand why Money Mart associate with them, let alone actually recommend them as the "best option."

I am of the opinion that Western Union is not to blame here. The Money Mart employee who left out the vital information is to blame. A QUARTER OF ALL THE MONEY I HAVE IN THIS WORLD... just disappeared because of this lack of information. How would you feel if a quarter of everything you have is gone. Because you seeked advice from a financial institution which failed to tell you vital information!?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I was in a pickle with shortage of money. Ashley helped me so very much. She didn't judge. Smiling with her eyes. It was a great experience. The building was clean, even though she had a mask on she was heard clearly. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Got my cheque cashed with the help of ** at Money Mart 1021 Wilson. Very helpful and kind, no complaints at all. No issues whatsoever. She helped me and also had a great conversation with me. Highly recommend

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

Kat with a very sweet smile greets you as soon as you enter the door. Makes a difficult transaction looks simple. An example of professionalism. Very friendly atmosphere in this store. I will definitely come back.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

First time having an issue where I am questioning Money Mart's Rules on cheque cashing. I brought a cheque to Money Mart. They gave me half of it and said that to come back in a few days that's when their next money will be delivered. Can someone help me understand this.

Original review: June 8, 2021

After repaying a loan and applying for another, took days to clear, and my new app is waiting on bank info provided a week ago. CS is no help, got hung up twice, eventually I should hear from my case manager.

Original review: June 1, 2021

Had a rep hang up on me because this morning I needed help with my denied application. Denial reason was for an "Invalid employer/paystub". Mind you, I have successfully repaid a previous loan just a month or so prior, and I have been with my employer 12 1/2 years. There has been no changes in my info. The customer service and loan department are horrible, they do not thoroughly look into applications. They need to take into consideration your history with them and all info provided. They just deny and send you letters with no explanation. I will not be returning!

Money Mart Company Information