Find the Best Home Security Systems in San Antonio, TX
Top 11 San Antonio Home Alarm Companies
|Vivint Smart Home||Read 16,018 Reviews|
Security packages with monitoring and video surveillance start at $29.99/month with 42-month contract. Professionally installed systems include smart hub, app, locks and a doorbell camera with automatic recording.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (833) 830-7970|
|Protect Your Home||Read 1,615 Reviews|
Offers monitored home security packages priced at $27.99 to $58.99/month. Installation costs $99 with 24- to 36-month contracts. Equipment includes sensors, smart locks and camera surveillance. Includes six-month refund policy.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (844) 265-4882|
|Link Interactive||Read 2,028 Reviews|
Offers monitored home security systems starting at $30.99/month with a one-year contract. Systems include two-way voice communication to monitoring center. Requires DIY installation. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (855) 830-3776|
|Brinks Home Security™||Read 3,794 Reviews|
Home security plans range from $29 to $53/month with standard contracts. Select from monitored and unmonitored plans. Requires DIY installation. HD video doorbell and indoor night vision camera available.
|Protect America||Read 2,642 Reviews|
Monitored plans start at $19.99/month plus a one-time $19.95 activation fee. Systems require DIY installation and 36-month contract. Available equipment includes Z-Wave hubs, smart locks, glass-break sensors and wireless cameras.
|Central Security||Read Author Review|
Reprograms alarm systems from other service providers for free. Performs home security consultations. Has Five-Diamond certification from The Monitoring Association.
|Friendly Security||Read Author Review|
Provides wireless fire detection, alarm monitoring and surveillance services. Lets customers watch their cameras live or continuously records footage. Sells doorbell cameras.
|Hawk Security Services||Read Author Review|
Offers products for home security, smart home automation, fire prevention, flood protection and business security. Provides $150 account credits for military personnel.
|IPView Security Systems||Read Author Review|
Installs standard and high-definition security cameras for homes and businesses. Offers alarm monitoring starting at $20 per month. Has dispatchers available 24/7.
|LAW Security||Read Author Review|
Provides homes and businesses with professional security services, smart home automation and smartphone TV and stereo controls. Offers a range of packages from basic home security systems to UL-certified, high-security systems.
|San Antonio Alarm Company||Read Author Review|
Offers security, surveillance and fire alarm systems along with access control for residential and commercial buildings. Provides free security consultations and online quotes. Holds private security and fire alarm licenses.
Based on annual crime rates, San Antonio is more dangerous than 96% of U.S. cities.
San Antonio vs. U.S. crime rate (per 1,000 residents)
|Violent crime||Property crime||Total crime|
The San Antonio neighborhoods with the worst crime rates include United Homeowners and Jefferson Heights, while a few of the safest areas are Alamo Heights and Stone Oak. Regardless of where you live, though, you can increase your home’s security by installing alarm systems from the best home security companies in San Antonio.
Average cost of home alarm systems in San Antonio, TX
Home security systems in San Antonio usually cost anywhere from $200 to $1,500, plus monitoring fees of $10 to $35 per month. Equipment is generally the most significant part of this expense, but some security companies give away keypads, sensors and alarms for free when you sign up for monitoring. Some San Antonio homeowners choose unmonitored alarm systems to save on monthly monitoring fees.
Installation costs vary based on what type of system you have:
- Wired security systems have higher installation costs because of the extra work involved. However, they are generally more reliable.
- Wireless systems are usually simple enough that you can install your own if you want to avoid installation fees. Unfortunately, these systems are often dependent on your home’s Wi-Fi signal.
Registering home security systems in San Antonio, TX
San Antonio residents with security systems must obtain a permit from the city. The standard residential fee for new permits or renewals is $40, but people older than 65 older pay $30. Commercial permits cost $100 each. If you fail to obtain a permit and your alarm alerts the police, you’ll pay $75 to $125 in a fine, depending on if it’s a residential or business alarm.
San Antonio has a detailed false alarm fine schedule to deter people from abusing their security systems.
|False alarms in 12 months||Cost with a permit|
|1 - 3||No fee|
|4 - 5||$50 each|
|6 - 7||$75 each|
Choosing a San Antonio home security system
Narrow your choices for a home alarm system in San Antonio by:
- Asking family and friends for recommendations
- Reading reviews
- Gathering quotes
- Comparing product offerings
Make sure your chosen security company is licensed to install security systems and fire alarms. Many of the best security companies in San Antonio are also part of industry associations, such as the Texas Burglar and Fire Alarm Association. Membership in these organizations is a sign that the company adheres to a set of standards and maintains a good reputation in the industry.
Also, consider whether your home already has a security system. Older homes in historic neighborhoods, like Monticello Park and Dignowity Hill, may have existing wired security systems. In these cases, rather than installing a completely new system, some security companies in San Antonio can upgrade and reprogram these alarms. This potentially saves you money and does less harm to your home's structure.
San Antonio home security FAQ
- How can I get commercial security systems in San Antonio?
- Almost all of the security companies on our list provide commercial alarm monitoring in San Antonio. Commercial security systems tend to be more complex and address different threats than residential systems.
- What is home alarm monitoring?
- Monitoring services connect your alarm system to a dispatch center that calls the authorities when a threat is detected. Unmonitored systems are cheaper, but you have to call 911 yourself during an emergency.
- What is typically included in a San Antonio home security system?
- Most home security systems include smoke alarms, fire alarms, burglar alarms and sensors for windows, doors and glass breaks. If you want optional features, including surveillance cameras or smart home automation, expect to pay more.
- What is a CCTV system?
- Closed-circuit television systems capture, transmit and record surveillance footage using input from a network of security cameras.
San Antonio emergency resources
San Antonio residents looking for more information on how to deal with crime should look into the following resources:
- SAPD Citizen On Patrol program: This neighborhood watch program from the San Antonio Police Department prepares people to work with the police to prevent crime.
- SAPD Volunteers in Policing program: This program provides opportunities for residents to help the SAPD with various duties ranging from clerical work to rooftop surveillance.
- SAPD Victim Advocacy program: This program provides support and counseling to violent crime victims in San Antonio.
- Crime Stoppers - San Antonio: This organization assists the SAPD in fighting crime by collecting anonymous information and offering cash rewards for tips leading to the arrest or indictment of a felony offender.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
San Antonio home alarm company information
Hawk Security Services uses a wireless security system that protects your home and family without leaving holes in your walls. Hawk provides products for smart home automation, fire prevention, flood protection and residential and commercial security. The company’s mission to make neighborhoods safer extends to its scholarship program, which offers $1,000 toward tuition for those studying law, law enforcement, criminal justice or a related field.
- Address: 4216 Thousand Oaks, Ste. 101, San Antonio, TX 78217
- Phone: (210) 822-8941
- Hours: M - Sat: 8am - 8pm
- Website: hawksecurity.com
San Antonio Alarm Company provides custom-designed security and surveillance systems to keep San Antonians safe. Its wireless security system packages start as low as $350, and its optional monitoring services start at $39 a month with no contracts.
- Address: 16256 San Pedro Ave., San Antonio, TX 78232
- Phone: (210) 701-4113
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 4pm
- Website: sanantonioalarmcompany.com
IPView Security Systems makes it easy to differentiate visitors and intruders with its home security cameras. The company either installs a new security system in your home or upgrades an existing one. IPView CCTV systems have internal wiring and the ability to store footage locally or remotely.
- Address: 6834 Indian Lake Drive, San Antonio, TX 78244
- Phone: (210) 672-5942
- Hours: M - Sat: 8am - 5pm
- Website: ipviewsecurityusa.com
With Friendly Security, your alarm system doesn’t need to be armed to give you alerts, and you can even set custom notifications for different events, like your kids coming home. Unique user codes keep Friendly’s system secure and convenient for multiple users while letting you control access to your home.
- Address: 8000 Frontage Road, Ste. 600, San Antonio, TX 78230
- Phone: (210) 568-0306
- Hours: M - Sun: 8am - 8pm
- Website: friendlysecurity.com
Central Security stands out from local competitors by offering low prices, a 100% money-back guarantee on its security systems and no long-term contracts. Eagle Eye Networks, another local San Antonio business, provides Central Security's video surveillance systems.
- Address: 730 Lovera Blvd., Ste. 3, San Antonio, TX 78212
- Phone: (210) 910-6200
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 8pm
- Website: centralsecuritysanantonio.com
LAW Security is a home security service provider that offers everything from basic alarms to custom-designed, high-end security systems. Its basic security systems include sensors for three perimeter doors, one motion detector, one control panel with a keypad and a backup power supply.
- Address: 12027 Huebner Road, San Antonio, TX 78230
- Phone: (210) 340-0306
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: lawsecurity.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.