toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Link Interactive

You deserve the best and we are happy to give you just that! Thanks for being a part of our family and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future

Original review: May 13, 2017

My husband and I were having a very poor time with Foresight Security, so we decided to pay them off the rest of the contract and go with Link Interactive. And Link Interactive has been great. The gentleman that we bought the service from initially was amazing. They told us how to hook it up from the beginning. The installation was simple and very easy.

Link Interactive called us about an alarm. We asked them how we would go ahead and change the option from Stay or Away while we were out and about. The lady that we talked to was very helpful and walked us through every step. I couldn't be happier and we feel more secure since the installation. The only issue I have, and that's probably not with Link itself, is that the motion detectors keep going off from my animals. My husband has been testing it. But one time, we were in a hurry that we haven't had time to hit the Away, just the Stay. So we do need to speak to somebody on how we can fix our Away because that would tighten the security when you go away.

Link Interactive

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome experience and please let us know if you ever have any questions or ever need anything in the future!

Original review: May 11, 2017

We've had Link Interactive for two months now. I went with them because of the monitoring price and the flexibility to choose what I wanted. I called with them with a support question and they helped me figure it out. Then they sent the box. It had instructions which I followed. It was pretty much all self-install and straightforward. They set it up a lot before they shipped it to me. I like the arming and disarming from the phone feature. My wife sleeps better at night knowing that if anyone opens the door, the security system is gonna go off. And when I travel, she puts it up and sleeps well knowing that its there. So, she’s a lot more comfortable. All in all, it's been a painless and convenient experience with Link Interactive.

Link Interactive

Thanks for you feedback. Glad the install went smoothly! Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I did a brief search on the internet and found Link Interactive. They were one of the first few that came up on the web and their website looked pretty good. I decided to go with it and see what it was like. I've been with them for two or three months and I like it so far. The installment was pretty fast, swift and it was easy to follow step by step. The guidelines were pretty instructive. I definitely feel more secure with the system installed and that's the first and the most important thing. Also, it's easy to see how secure your place is on a day-to-day basis. I can check on the status whether the home is secure from my phone. It's pretty good and easy to use right now.

A few years ago I was Googling smart house technology and I found Link Interactive. I'm an electrician so it was easier for me to install the system. I like to do-it-yourself in a neat way and still get all the bells and whistles of a high-end sensor system. I've had them since 2012 and it makes me feel more secure and safe, especially for my wife. The full smart system gives me a peace of mind where I can watch the house through cameras and monitor the thermostat and without being there. It’s like I’m there but I'm not.

I’ve had a couple of service issues over the past few years and their representatives were very good at handling them. They even renegotiated the cost price for my second house and now I have a second house under their watch. One time, we had a couple of devices that were malfunctioning and because it’s our out of state house, I had no access to the actual programming. So I called them up and they were able to get into my system and disable some devices that were causing false alarms. They were courteous and quick in resolving my issue. They’re an excellent company.

The actual equipment Link Interactive had was the one I was specifically looking for so it’s that IQ panel that I knew when I came out. I already had a lot at the start and before I installed the security system, I tried doing my whole system there for myself through the phones. Some of the recessed sensors that we had originally were the same size holes so I didn’t do any drilling. I did all that previously so I pushed the new ones in and tagged up the additional ones that we got.

The reason why I went to Link Interactive is that we have babysitters and cleaners. The ease of use was a big thing so that day-to-day stuff with them has been seamless. And for us, it’s more about the comfort because I travel for my job and my wife’s at home and it's easy to see from my phone. The rates were good, too, from the monitoring standpoint.

The sales was easy. When I needed a feature enabled for my thermostat to be connected to the account, the reps were good and they enabled some other features, too. I also did a follow-up with them because we had the monitoring out there and one of the kids accidentally tripped it. I needed to see if that’s enabled or what was missing during that scenario. We never got a phone call but they said I would have gotten a phone call from the responder. Overall, our experience with Link Interactive has been easy and straightforward. They’ve also been responsive and I even got a couple of e-mails about something that they noticed out of check so it gives me a reason to think that they are watching the system from their end as well and not just the responding service that they use.

Installing the system was pretty straightforward. I've been with Link Interactive for a couple of months and I chose them because of the reviews I saw on the internet. Also, the reps were very good and top-notch. All in all, everything's working fine so I feel good since having it.

I needed an alarm system. I don’t just buy things without looking into it, so I started doing a lot of research and it got down to Link, Frontpoint, Simplisafe. Lacey, the rep from Link who worked with me to buy the security system, was very patient enough to work out several different types of bills and different scenarios for me. She also had the patience for me to call back. It took a while to make my mind up and she dealt with every bit of that with the utmost in customer service. Link also gave me a better deal for the monthly monitoring so I went with them. The installation was very simple and it didn't take very long. Also, their customer service is great. I had a back door sensor that wasn’t working properly and they helped me out with that.

We had a little incident that came up before getting the system installed and Link's security system has given me peace of mind. On the other hand, I didn’t want to commit to something where I’m paying $50 a month for that long, not knowing what my experience is going to be. $30 is right if that’s worth the convenience and you don’t really think too much about it. The system has been working out exactly how I needed it to so it’s been a great experience and I have recommended it.

I've had the Link Interactive installed for my wife and we've had it for a month now. We went with them because of a combo of cost versus services. However, the installation was a lot harder than what I anticipated. It took a while setting up the control panel but whenever I called them, they were helpful for the most part. Even if they don't always have the answer, they still try. The panel that I got was brand-new and may have been released prematurely before thoroughly testing out all the bugs and issues. I asked them if they have a manual for it that I could look at, but they didn't have one out yet and even the techs weren't totally familiar with it. But it's a nice panel and I really like it. I got it all set up now with my preferences and everything seems to be working. Though there were two issues with the panels, they think that would get resolved and they're having another firmware update coming out soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

I was looking for a home monitoring system for my 74 years old elderly father and Link Interactive seemed to meet all my needs so I thought of going with them. They had a promotion going on, too. It was a piece of cake installing the system but I had one minor issue. I was able to get a hold of somebody and they couldn't solve the problem but they said they'd call me back in 15 minutes. They called me back and figured out the problem. Then I requested that they shut off all the alarms because the alarm went off when there was a storm warning which is common in the area. My dad doesn't need to know when there's a storm because he watches TV all day. He knows when there's a storm coming and what the weather's doing.

The system has been installed for three months and since having it, I've been able to prevent my dad from driving at 8:00 at night when he thinks it's 8:00 in the morning so it's doing what it's supposed to do. I have cameras in this home attached to motion detectors. I know he goes to bed at 7:00 so if I see him get out and leave his bedroom at 8:00, I can take a picture of his living room chair and I can tell based on his state of dress whether he's headed out for the morning/evening or he's just out having a cigarette. So far I've been happy with the system. The whole Link Interactive team has been helpful too and they're very responsive to any request that I have. The experience with Link was what as expected.

I did a comparison with six other companies and based on my needs, Link Interactive had the best product for what I was trying to get done. They’ve been very good. They’ve called and been very responsive and they walked me through things. The product was delivered on time and packaged the way they said it would be. The install went fine. It was just a cut-and-paste kind of deal. I just followed the instructions and everything work well.

I’ve talked to the team at Link Interactive a couple of times. I was trying to understand the operational process of how to set certain parameters, how to do timing, ins, and outs, and what to expect operationally. We went over a lot of those kinds of operational things I've read in the book but I needed verbal verification and they helped me, from their end, set up some of the programming that I needed set up. Since having the system, I just have to pull out my phone and turn it on and turn it off. All in all, from a consumer standpoint, I’d been very pleased with this experience, their product and with their service at this particular point.

Link Interactive

Thank you for your recommendation. We apologize that you found the instructions to be confusing. We appreciate this feedback and will work out to make them better. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Original review: June 15, 2017

Link Interactive's price was good. We've been using it for about a month and I'd recommend them. However, the installation experience was confusing because the instructions are horrible but they were good with helping. It feels okay since having it installed but I was confused if they're supposed to call in when it goes off or if once the alarm is put in, they don't call. It is because I've had my back door open with the alarm on then it went off and we put the code in but there was no phone call asking us if it was a false alarm.

When my wife and I bought our new house, the previous owner had Link Interactive already installed. I did have to reload all the sensors because I had a new control panel. It was high-consuming, but it could've been easier if I had all the number codes instead of having to scroll through all the words to find the correct ones. I had to reach out to them to set it up and when I had to go back through and do it again. But, they've been courteous and able to help in a timely manner. I have peace of mind since having the system and I would recommend them.

Link Interactive

Thanks for sharing your experience. We strive to take care of our customers. We will continue to work hard to earn your business.

Original review: June 14, 2017

All the devices of Link Interactive were easy to install and learn except the motion sensor because you have to make sure whether it's having the proper angle and it's able to cover that much area that you intend to. So all that was cumbersome for me. It took like two days for me just to set it up properly. But the rest of the installation was easy.

But I wish the user interface, which allow me to add or remove devices, was more intuitive. Because although I belong to an IT background it's complicated for me. And if supposedly, I give the device to my wife and ask her to set it up by herself, she can't do it. I have 2G interface and on that interface you have to press the key buttons left, right, up, down, and all that so it's tricky. Even I made some mistakes all that while I was using that. So, only two feedback the user interface and motion detector. Other than that, everything was good.

So far the system is giving me peace of mind and it works as expected whenever I test it, so far. I know they are working, detecting, and everything is good. But I wish someone from Link Interactive would have called me and said, "Let's set up some time on our calendar and let's do a dry-run test and make sure everything is working well. I wanted to lock the system and enter the house, and I wanted not to enter the password. I wanted to see whether Link Interactive calls me and verifies with me whether I am the person who entered the house. That is the only piece pending to gain my 100% confidence. Right now, I feel 95% confidence. Once they sold it to me, no one's setting it up with me. No one calls. No one checks on what is happening.

Link Interactive

Thank you for sharing you experience with us. We are sorry that you had a false alarm and you are feeling uneasy about how the equipment will respond. We are here to give you peace of mind. We will have someone reach out and we will get this resolved immediately. Thank you for your patience and sharing your story.

Original review: June 13, 2017

With Link Interactive, I'm able to customize what I want and set it up on my own. The installation was very easy and anything I struggled with, I reach out to the customer service and they walk me through it. It was almost good with their reps. Most of them are knowledgeable and were able to answer my questions. But I worry a little bit more after recent events. I have one of the Alarm.com products and monitors my smoke detectors and listens for any of them to go off. I was about an hour and a half away from the house, I got an alert on my phone saying there was a fire in a certain area of the house where this monitor happens to be.

I was contacted by Link, I explained that I was an hour and a half away for a long weekend and all the doors are locked. I don't have a key outside of the house. While we were on the phone, they informed me that the fire department has been dispatched. In their discussions with the fire department, they requested that a key holder be present. Then I got a call from the Link representative stating that the fire department made access to my home. I didn't understand that and I was told that if a key holder isn't present, they'll do what they have to get into the house, whether it's breaking down the door or climbing through a window. Now, I have to worry about a door that's been kicked through. Fortunately, he provided that detail because I asked if that is how they got in or was there a window. They called them back and he got back to me again.

The rep called back and stated they found a window on the third level that was unlocked. They were able to listen and smell and they couldn't find any smoke so they vacated the scene. But it could have gotten a lot worse and I could have had a door hanging open. I wasn't really pleased with how the rep handled the situation and once I got back from the trip, none of the smoke alarms were low on battery. There is no reason for why the system tripped. I have videos on cameras facing outside of my house and I'm watching the fire department climb all over the outside. If you ever go through that, potentially watching your house burn down is not the situation to be in.

I called back to kind of figure out if it was a defective product and if there's anything they can do. I don't want this event to happen again, I don't want my doors to be broken in for a false alarm and I don't want our entire street to have to be shut down because of the fire department responding. It's close to the city so they shut down an entire street and bring all their equipment on site. Not to mention, disturbing all the neighbors for something that happened that no one understands. I didn't get anywhere, so I don't really know why it went off. Now, I have to worry about if it happens in the future, me not being in close proximity and who knows what I'm going to be billed from the fire department. But it does what it's supposed to do most of the time. They do what they can for you but it's Alarm.com that owns their security products. They can't really provide the support that I need in my situation.

We moved into our house that already had the Link Interactive equipment in it and it was all set up for us. Their customer service has been great and they talked to my husband right through it and it was good. We're in a new neighborhood and never had an alarm before this, so it's good to know that it's there and I feel safer. We've been very satisfied.

Link Interactive

Happy to have you as a customer. Thanks for the review!

Original review: June 12, 2017

I was looking for a security system and saw Link Interactive's website online. Based on other customer feedback that I had seen, I felt that the value and the quality of the service was probably the best out there. Their sales team was very good. The system was very easy to install, and when I called the customer line, they helped with it too. I've been using Link Interactive for about two months, and it's excellent, very flexible, and very easy to use. I'm glad to have it.

Link Interactive

We are sorry to hear that you had difficulties installing your system. We continue to improve to make things better. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: June 11, 2017

I had quite a hard time installing my security system. For somebody that's just the average person, that’s not so tech savvy, it's just a little complicated. I call Link Interactive for instructions and they are able to answer most of my questions but my camera still doesn't work. They were definitely professional and courteous when I call. They already sent me a new one but every time I try to set it up again, it's like two hours on the phone and still without a working camera. Even so, I definitely feel safe when I turn the alarm on. It’s now three months and it’s been great in spite of a couple of technical difficulties.

My friend suggested Link Interactive and I picked it up. It was one of the cheaper security providers and I also heard that the customer service is good although I haven’t used it yet. The device was an easy installation and I did most of the set-up, but I had to call customer service to link it with the command center. They integrated it and turned on my account. I got my answers and I find it convenient. It’s good so far and I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

Link Interactive

Thank you for this feedback. We need to do a better job on how to ensure the Bluetooth functionality works like it should. Thanks for being a customer!

Original review: June 10, 2017

I've been with Link Interactive for a couple of months now. It was more advanced than the other providers that I was looking at and it had really good reviews. Installing the system was pretty easy and it took about an hour. The instructions were okay. I've been pretty satisfied with the features too. The only thing was that I purchased Link because it seemed more advanced than the other systems. However, I can't figure out how to operate some of the features I was really looking forward to.

I contacted them regarding the Bluetooth thing, how it hooks up and everything. It was a little bit confusing to operate and I wasn’t quite satisfied with the way it was working, so I ended up disconnecting it. Intuitively, you would go to the general settings which I did and when I would go into the Bluetooth area, it kept giving me a signal saying I didn't have the Bluetooth enabled on their system. It turned out that there was a code that I didn’t know about that I had to enter in order to enable the Bluetooth and that was with the email I had. It included the steps on how to activate the Bluetooth. I didn’t know you have to have a separate code. I wish there was kind of a user manual, which I didn’t receive. Also, when I was trying to set up the Bluetooth with the system, I was told on one of my phone calls that they would send me the link but they didn’t, so I had to call back and ask for it again. Overall, Link has some interesting features, but it's hard to personalize.

Link Interactive

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. We are glad you are getting the peace of mind you deserve. Please let us know if you ever need anything!

Original review: June 9, 2017

my sense of security has increased since the installation of my Link system. I decided to sign up with them because of the prices on them since it's more direct. It was easy set up the system and it was labeled clearly. Moreover, I had positive interactions with their representatives. They had solutions at my first call.

Link Interactive was the only one that was full DIY from the state of Oregon because the ones that are technically DIY will still send a tech out and I don't want anybody else to come here. I installed it on my own and the instructions were really user-friendly. Even down to renaming the sensors and the device itself, so that I knew where they were, has been super easy. Also, I didn't have to pay for a tech dispatch to have it installed. I had home automation with my previous provider and I really enjoy being able to change my thermostat, turn on and off lights and stuff like that. The only thing I lost is the ability to ignore my door sensor that's in the middle of my house and I can't turn that one sensor off. I haven't had time to call support to find out if it's possible. But the two reps that I've dealt with, so far, have been very knowledgeable and professional.

Link Interactive

Thank you for your recommendation and for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: June 8, 2017

I was looking for a smart alarm system that I could install myself and found Link Interactive. Setting up my Link Interactive system was fairly simple. All the sensors came preloaded. So, once I identified which sensor went in which door, I mounted it. I've been using Link Interactive for about two months now and the difference between Link and my previous security provider is like night and day. While my previous provider was from a number of years ago and it's hard to compare, my experience with Link Interactive has been good and they have been responsive when I text them service tickets.

Recently, I was having issues with my cellular connection so they sent me another box which was wired for AT&T so I will have to see if that will work out. Nevertheless, my interactions with them have been positive. Since having the system, I've been looking forward to mastering the use of geo services wherein if I'm within a particular vicinity of my house, the service turns the lights on. And so, I ordered some smart bulbs. And the feature I like best is that I can arm and disarm my system from my smartphone. I can see activity in my house as well. Everyone who has come to my house has been impressed with the features that I use. I highly recommend Link Interactive to someone who wants a smart house.

The Link Interactive security system was super easy to install. It was all wireless and the customer service agent walked me through it all. We just had one issue with them about sensors however, they’re quick to resolve it and gave me some troubleshooting ideas for it. They’ve also been helpful, friendly, supportive and expedient with answers and calling me back. The pricing, the customer service, the packaging and the deal were the reasons I went with Link Interactive and they've far exceeded the other company, ADT. The customer service was willing to work with me and we've had peace of mind and a piece of security since installing the system.

Link Interactive

We're so happy to hear that you are feeling safer with your Link system!

Original review: June 7, 2017

I liked the customer support interaction I got from Link Interactive during the sales process and the price was good. I also liked the features. Basic protection and mobile support were the biggest features for us, just making sure we felt secure and then the ability to support the system through a mobile interface on a smartphone. It was easy installing the system. It was all peel and stick and the instructions were straightforward so we all set it up in a span of two hours. When I had a question around some kind behavior around one of the setup instructions, the reps were able to answer my question in about 10 minutes and they resolved my issue.

We have been using the system for close to six months now. So far, the functionality has been great. The system is up every night, throughout the day and during a vacation. We're definitely more secure having a system enabled. There's definitely peace of mind which is good not just at night when the kids are in bed but also on our vacation. I was able to get notifications and we're thinking about adding internal cameras in the future. We can do that easily. The experience has been very positive. They have been were easy to talk to at Link and they've been very straightforward with what we were getting and also through the experience post sale.

Link Interactive

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that the doorbell camera was difficult to install. We hope you serve you for years to come!

Original review: June 6, 2017

Link Interactive has a doorbell camera, and I've been using the system for a month already. Everything was okay. However, the doorbell was the most difficult thing because I would have preferred to have had that professionally installed. The screws on my old doorbell were too long and extra stuff had to be done to it. If people want Link Interactive, the service should offer a professional installation. But aside from trying to do the doorbell, everything has been fine and their rep has been friendly..

Original review: June 6, 2017

I was researching a lot of companies online and Link Interactive had some of the highest ratings. Also, they were convenient and when I called them, they were very professional and friendly. So I went with them. Our house already came with everything built-in. So all I had to do was call Link and they just activated it for me. I've used them for about five months now and I definitely feel more secure having their security system. I'm very satisfied.

Link Interactive

We're happy to hear that you are enjoying your system and that it is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve! Thanks for all your feedback and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever have any questions.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Link Interactive had good reports so I decided to give them a chance. The system package I got was what I needed at home and it was easy to install. I had ADT before and compared with my system now, it's been good so far with Link. I've had it for a few months now and I feel safe. It's been a great experience.

I had ADT before and I wanted to have a system upgrade but it was going to be $1200 or 1300. I was able to get it and more equipment a lot cheaper from Link Interactive. The door sensors were defective though and they were going to send the replacement out in the mail. It has been a month ago but I haven't received it yet but other than that it's been okay. It is easy to setup and does what it needs to do.

Link Interactive

Thanks for sharing your experience. Wanted to let you know that the motion detector times out for a few minutes to conserve battery. So if it has already detected motion it won't detect motion again until the resting period is over. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: June 4, 2017

I went to Link Interactive since I have good trust in Costco. I got the door sensors and window sensors for security although I have some other backup systems as well. The installation process took about a couple of hours since I had to dismantle and call for help and the rep was very helpful. I’ve been with Link since 2014 and it's not bad, but sometimes the motion detector has not been detecting the motion. I did some testing by myself and it started working a little bit, so I thought it was working, but several times I saw somebody walked by but nothing was triggered. I've had this issue just recently.

Three months back, it was not detecting any sensors. Link support asked me to open the console unit and unplug certain things and then I was made to put things back. That’s what I did and the system started detecting the sensor at that time. But then I saw this issue with the motion sensor. Seeing this issue, I am not comfortable and happy about it because the system is a couple of years old unit. I'd like to have this technical issue resolved. Also, with Link's price, I wonder what else can we get because in the market right now it seems like there are more features and more devices mostly on a personal level that you can go with for the price.

Original review: June 3, 2017

Link Interactive offered the same monitoring service at a lower cost compared to the competition that used the same system I already had. Installing it was pretty straightforward. I already had a system installed and all I had to do was install the cell card so, there wasn't much to it for me. I called to get some instructions on the cell card and they were friendly and helpful. It didn't take any time to get through them at all. The major change since installing Link would be the savings. It was an easy, pleasant and overall positive experience.

Link Interactive

Thanks for your feedback. We strive to take care of our customers. We will continue to work hard to earn your business.

Original review: June 3, 2017

Link Interactive is a great company. I've been with them for about five months and their customer service is really nice. But installing the system was a little confusing because there wasn't a ton of directions.

Original review: June 2, 2017

Installing my Link Interactive Security System was easy and their team was very helpful. I've had the system for six months and it has made me more comfortable if I hear something in the middle of the night. Also, the fact that I can turn the system on and off by phone has been my favorite feature. Working with Link Interactive has been great.

Link Interactive

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback and please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I've had Link Interactive for four years now. They were the cheapest option that had online automation and they were also hooked in with Alarm.com. The first time I did the installation, the instructions were detailed and labeled as to which sensors went where. It was an easy process. I just replaced my panels so I had quite a bit of an interaction with Link recently trying to get all my sensors converted over to the newest panel. However, I had one little issue with the device I had and I didn’t particularly get that resolved. I ended up having to resolve that on my own by buying a repeater that I didn’t necessarily know I was gonna need to have. Other than that, with Link, it was much nicer to be able to lock or arm my house from my phone when we forget and to know whether anybody’s been in the house by the time we get back home. Overall, it was a pretty reasonable way to get a security system.

Link Interactive Company Profile