Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.59/5
Based on 2,028 ratings submitted in the last year

Link Interactive offers cellular-based, automated security systems. The app-based control system allows users to lock their doors, adjust thermostats, monitor cameras and open and close the garage door from their cellular device. Plans begin at $30.99 per month, with no installation or activation fees. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
BOTTOM LINE

Link Interactive offers a simple DIY installation with three straightforward plans. Although the equipment costs money upfront, the contracts are flexible and discounts are available.

PROS
  • Crash and Smash technology
  • DIY installation
  • Add-on products available
  • Cellular system
CONS
  • Upfront equipment cost
  • Cannot cancel contract

Top Link Interactive Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

I looked at two companies then I decided to set up myself with Link... The representative explained everything that they had to offer and I liked everything I heard. So far, it’s a good system and it helps me out as far as being aware and seeing everything. I would recommend it...

Link Interactive pricing

Link Interactive has an upfront charge for equipment — for example, the recommended control panel, the 2GIG Go!, costs $251. Some consumers take the smart step and ask about Link Interactive annual contract discounts; you may receive $50 off equipment with a one-year contract, $150 off with a two-year contract and $250 off with a three-year contract. See the cost of each Link Interactive plan below.

Monthly cost
Standard$30.99
Basic Security with Equipment Services$39.99
Basic Security + Wireless Connect$44.99

Link Interactive plans

The Standard plan from Link Interactive is its primary plan, which provides professional monitoring. The Gold plan adds home automation, allowing you to control elements like lights, heating and A/C either online or from an app. The Elite package has everything in the Gold and Standard plans, as well as HD video monitoring capabilities.

StandardGoldElite
Professional monitoring
Smoke, fire and carbon monoxide detectors
Remote control online or via app
Energy management
Automated lights, locks and thermostats
Video recording and analytics
Standard
Gold
Elite

Link Interactive equipment

All equipment from Link Interactive requires self-installation. Every plan, from Standard to Elite, comes with the following equipment:

• A control panel
  • Yard sign and window decals
  • Three entry sensors
  • High-decibel siren
  • Keychain remote
  • One infrared motion sensor

Link Interactive offers a wide range of home security products. Its control panels alone come in a variety of options.

Although each Link Interactive home security system comes with the number of devices necessary to monitor your home, you can add a Link Interactive doorbell camera, a Link security camera or a Link Interactive thermostat. Additional equipment you can buy includes:

• Temperature change monitor
  • Smoke detector
  • Indoor and outdoor cameras
  • Garage door sensors
  • Motion sensors
  • Door and window sensors

Link Interactive products

Link Interactive FAQ

How do I cancel Link Interactive?
You can cancel Link Interactive whenever you want; but remember, if you are on a yearly contract you will still have to pay the remaining balance. Therefore, it's probably best to explore a month-to-month agreement if you are unsure of your decision.
What is Link Interactive Takeover?
Link Interactive Takeover is a plan that lets you work with Link Interactive to help transfer you from your current home alarm security system to the Link Interactive security system.
Is there a Link Interactive app?
Yes. Link Interactive offers an app through Alarm.com. With the app, you can control and monitor your security system remotely.

Is Link Interactive good?

With flexible plans and a solid line of equipment, Link Interactive is a good choice for a reliable home security system. Although the Link Interactive cancellation policy is a bit strict, you can avoid having to pay a fee by going on a month-to-month contract. Overall, Link Interactive alarm systems are an excellent choice for your home.

Link Interactive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

We just moved into a new home about eight weeks ago and the system that the builder had installed was antiquated. It was an old ADT kind of a system and I wanted a touchscreen all kinds of bells and whistles and to be able to control it from my phone. So, I had to purchase a new one. I have a couple of different properties and I've had Vivint as well as Frontpoint. Link Interactive’s service is comparable but it's a little less expensive so I'm happy with that. A lot of times, the salesperson would talk to you about all the great benefits, levels of service and tech support. But more often than not, that ends up being a little bit over promised and you have to end up figuring it out or doing it yourself. In this case, sales was informative, consultative and very helpful. It was backed up by always being there when I had questions. The tech team and the support team were there when I needed to do my install. So, I couldn't be happier.

The system’s features were great because the builder installed a wired system to a number of things in my new home and that was put into the control box all wired but I wanted to control everything wirelessly. So, they helped me with the solution to install the necessary hardware to communicate with their new screen so that I could make use of the existing system that the builder installed but also add the features that I wanted to. They were a little more involved than just coming to my house, installing a screen and a cup of glass break protectors. I got the support and knowledge that I needed. Everybody seemed to know exactly what they were talking about. So, it was impressive.

The only thing that didn't go supremely is that I had ordered some hardware, which I received, but the doorbell camera was too wide for the space I had available on my house. So I had to return that camera. Link has contacted me a couple of times about the replacement but I've not had time to take a look at it. But that wasn’t their fault nor mine. That was just one of the crazy things in life. They've made this easy and the return was managed well.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2020

It was between having somebody else install it for multiple times of it, versus what I actually could do for myself. The system wasn't terribly that hard to put in. It was pretty darn easy. I'm very satisfied with Link. Their customer service is some of the best customer service I've seen in any market segment. They don't rush you off the phone. The staff was immediately on top of any of the hiccups or issues that you may have had. They’re patient and they didn't make you feel like an idiot when you’re dealing with technology. I know they’re dealing with different levels of expertise with people, but they walk you through and they know how to resolve the issues. There was maybe one thing that they said, “Let me get back to you.” There wasn't a decision tree that they were going off of.

I spoke with several different specialists in Link and every single person that I dealt with was professional and polite and helpful and resolved my problem. It wasn't like one person couldn't resolve the problem. They had to push it up to the next level. They were in-house and they're probably local here to the US, which is by far in a way helpful when it comes to understanding and the communication was very, very easy. The salesperson was fantastic and the products are really good to begin with, so they were dealing with something really easy to sell. It's very expandable and very functional. It does everything that I want it to do. The cost was really, really affordable too.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I moved into a new home and so I decided to get a security system from Link Interactive. I’ve read a lot of reviews, and I liked that the activation was easy and that they were very affordable. I had Xfinity before and with them, I felt like I was just paying and paying because I was renting all the stuff. Then with Vivint, it was the same thing -- it was very expensive. Link is like any other systems, and all systems should be of this price.

When I called a 800 number, the guy that helped me was very helpful, and he was with me throughout the entire time. The only thing is that after you place your stuff, you don’t really hear from anyone anymore. Nobody checked me. Plus, they did not tell you how you were billed every month. Right now, I’m thinking, “Okay, I guess the way that I pay over the phone is the same way they are billing me.” I don’t know because I’ve never gotten a bill on my email or in the mail, and it is only my third or second month. Nevertheless, the features are good. You get your doorbell camera, and then you get three sensors as well as the control panel. Then, you download the app. I like to be able to use the app to activate my system. So, in case I forget, it has a reminder feature. If I leave my house, it will tell me, “Hey, you left, and you didn’t turn your alarm on.”

Original review: April 30, 2020

I got my issue resolved finally but Link Interactive increased the price without even telling me and it was under a year or two into my contract. They said it’s in the fine print that they're allowed to increase the rate of my monthly service charge. But I had no idea. When I was signing up, no one said this could happen in a year or two in the middle of the contract. To me, it doesn’t make sense. I signed a three-year contract with the company. When we have a two-year contract with Comcast, the price doesn’t change. Even when it does, Comcast would say what the price would be for the second year. No one just buries it and says, “Hey, look, you’re stuck in the contract. You can’t go anywhere and the price is gonna increase.”

Then when I tried to ask them about it, no one called me back and it was hard to get ahold of someone. It was actually when I went to cancel that they rectified the whole situation. Apparently, the person who was supposed to get someone to address it for me six months ago was let go. But above and beyond that, the customer service has been good for the most part. When I was getting the service set up, they were good about getting my questions answered quickly. Then I installed everything myself which was a bit of a chore but they were responsive. It’s also easier to stick with a provider than to leave, especially when it’s the same price pretty much everywhere.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I wanted to protect my belongings and my family. Link was a great system while I had it. They were really responsive and really helpful in picking out the equipment and the services that I needed. They didn’t really try to push me into anything, which surprised me. I was expecting kind of a high-pressure sales pitch and didn’t get any of that. They made everything really affordable. Initially, it seemed like it was gonna be too expensive to get all the equipment but somehow, they got the price down to 80 bucks. That was for everything including the nice panel. They were just wonderful.

The installation was very simple. All the parts came with numbered boxes and you just install them in the order that they came. There was a Pion stick tape and they gave instructions. Once I got all that done, I plugged in the main control panel and it picked up all the sensors. I tested them then called in and they activated the account.

I had every feature that I was looking for and more. The panel that they offered was easily the industry’s most feature-rich panel. They chose that for a reason because they wanted to be able to offer as much as they could to their customers. I could have a streaming video, I could have static sensors, and I could have outdoor cameras. I could have anything I wanted. They sold all that and they serviced it. But they also made it clear that I could buy it on my own and add it to the system if I could find it cheaper somewhere else. They weren’t even trying to lock me into a system where I had to buy stuff from them.

Link had great people. They had great customer service and they were very responsive. Everything came quickly and with the assurance that my local laws had been checked and I wasn’t gonna be breaking any laws by installing this thing. They did all the footwork for me and made it really easy. But I ended up moving and getting rid of the system. I just didn’t need it in the new location. But although I didn’t have a great deal of opportunity to use the system, it worked great and had capabilities beyond what I was expecting. It had the ability to add hundreds of home automation tools that you could control from the device and not have to tie up a dedicated controller that you have to program yourself and connect to touchscreens. You have one system that controls your security and your home automation. It was really convenient.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

We looked at Vivint and what that would cost, and then looked at the Link and decided that it was a better way to go. I called them up on the phone and told them what equipment I wanted. They ordered it and I received it about seven days later as promised. I set it up myself. There were instructions in the box on what to do and when to do what. I like what I got. It's a two or three panel and I also have the recessed door sensors, which are nice. Then the camera is good out front.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I have trashy neighbors. Then I was gonna be out of town for a while, and my wife is pregnant. Signing up for Link Interactive was easy. I just chose a generic package and their system was a do-it-yourself kinda thing. I set it up before I left. And my wife is the one that has been using it. It seems to be working fine.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

The Link system was offered through Costco, originally, and I'm a big fan of Costco. Secondarily, it allows for home automation without any added fees to be able to use the full home automation features. Many of their competitors charge extra fees to use home automation. Recently, I upgraded my system and I had a tremendous experience. I got somewhat lucky and ended up with the sales manager on my call. He was extremely helpful. It was a complicated transaction and he made sure that it went perfectly smoothly.

The systems are very intuitive. There are parts that most of it you can do on your own. But there are some things that you have to call tech support for. Most times, unless they have a really high call demand, usually you're able to get through pretty quickly. The technicians are very knowledgeable to be able to walk you through any troubleshooting or do any of the steps that they have to do on their end. It's been very reliable. I've only had one kind of unexplained false alarm in five years. Overall, I'm very pleased. Link Interactive is easy to deal with, responsive, and overall high quality.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I moved to a new state. The customer service representative at Link was pretty attentive and I picked what I wanted. The functionality of the system was pretty easy. Mine won’t connect to WiFi currently, but other than that, it works. The smartphones feature is helpful as well. I'd recommend it to somebody.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

In the beginning, I was told that Link Interactive had the most flexibility with I could connect whatever kind of devices that I wanted to it. But I wish more things would've been included. Everything has to be bought up upfront. I wanted more cameras, but I didn’t feel like buying them. I don't really know much about smart home stuff, so I don't know what to pick out. I'm to the point of where I've done nothing. I almost actually cancelled. Another company was offering to buy out my contract for me to switch. I didn't end up going with them ‘cause I didn't want to do a five-year contract with them. They had a lot of good smart home options, but the sales guy got on my bad side.

We tried to DIY the Link system. We did the panel setup and all the sensors, but we didn't install the smoke detector yet or the doorbell. It was kinda hard to figure out when I actually didn't set up the system as my roommate was doing it. We couldn't get ahold of anybody, but they helped us, and we got the instruction for the wrong model.

Link Interactive Company Information