Accredited Partner

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.59/5
Based on 2,016 ratings submitted in the last year

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)

BOTTOM LINE

Link Interactive offers a simple DIY installation with three straightforward plans. Although the equipment costs money upfront, the contracts are flexible and discounts may be provided.

PROS

• Crash and Smash technology
  • Flexible contracts
  • DIY installation

CONS

• Upfront equipment cost

Top Link Interactive Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

I was going through the internet and I found Link Interactive … I love my Link system, and I don't have any complaint. Since having it at home, we've been feeling a lot safer. I'm satisfied with Link Interactive and I'll recommend them.

Link Interactive has been a great company to work with ... We used to have a lot of mishaps with our old system where people would make mistakes and it would then trigger an alarm. But so far, the Link Interactive system has worked very well. It hasn't failed yet.

Link Interactive Get a Quote

Link Interactive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: April 25, 2020

I wanted to protect my belongings and my family. Link was a great system while I had it. They were really responsive and really helpful in picking out the equipment and the services that I needed. They didn’t really try to push me into anything, which surprised me. I was expecting kind of a high-pressure sales pitch and didn’t get any of that. They made everything really affordable. Initially, it seemed like it was gonna be too expensive to get all the equipment but somehow, they got the price down to 80 bucks. That was for everything including the nice panel. They were just wonderful.

The installation was very simple. All the parts came with numbered boxes and you just install them in the order that they came. There was a Pion stick tape and they gave instructions. Once I got all that done, I plugged in the main control panel and it picked up all the sensors. I tested them then called in and they activated the account.

I had every feature that I was looking for and more. The panel that they offered was easily the industry’s most feature-rich panel. They chose that for a reason because they wanted to be able to offer as much as they could to their customers. I could have a streaming video, I could have static sensors, and I could have outdoor cameras. I could have anything I wanted. They sold all that and they serviced it. But they also made it clear that I could buy it on my own and add it to the system if I could find it cheaper somewhere else. They weren’t even trying to lock me into a system where I had to buy stuff from them.

Link had great people. They had great customer service and they were very responsive. Everything came quickly and with the assurance that my local laws had been checked and I wasn’t gonna be breaking any laws by installing this thing. They did all the footwork for me and made it really easy. But I ended up moving and getting rid of the system. I just didn’t need it in the new location. But although I didn’t have a great deal of opportunity to use the system, it worked great and had capabilities beyond what I was expecting. It had the ability to add hundreds of home automation tools that you could control from the device and not have to tie up a dedicated controller that you have to program yourself and connect to touchscreens. You have one system that controls your security and your home automation. It was really convenient.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I needed a security system because I got a new home. Like the previous company I had, Link is a good provider and it has a good service. They kinda called to make sure that I was set up appropriately. My representative was very nice and extremely flexible, which I really liked. I loved the customization of my system. That was a really good feature for me.

But the installation was painful and it was not as easy as they say. You would expect the sensors and all those things to be put together. Mine wasn't. I don't know if I got an economy package or what but it was not as quick as they said. And I had a similar system before in the house that I bought. It was a matter of me getting it up and just taking that thing off and putting mine on. But with Link, I had to put the units together. That was the part for me that was like, "Huh."

They put the things for you and the sensors and all that. But the thing is not as simple. But after that, you're good. It wouldn't have even been bad though if I knew that it wasn't as simple as they were saying, which most things aren't in life. People cream puff their wares. I would've been prepared when I opened the box and put it that way. It's like, "Oh, we're not doing this today or tomorrow."

Also, I have a thermostat thing that I still haven't even figured out how to use. I opened the box when I came and wanted to put it up. But when I went to open the box and it was like, "Oh my god. Are you serious?" I literally pushed it off to another day. I gotta work and I'm not home like so many people are. I have to take the time to get with that. But I know it's gonna be great once everything is integrated together.

In terms of my purchasing experience and my customer service experience on the front end, it was great. The same can be said about the fact that Link is on the cellular system. That makes me feel good because it's independent of power. Being away, it has a backup and it's not a wire that's gonna be cut. That's why I went cellular versus a hard one.

But I'm getting work done and one of the windows replaced so my system's offline. When the sensors were being tweaked, they couldn't sense this and that. Someone went through and adjusted some stuff. I told my son, "They're gonna be doing the work in here. We're gonna be getting those windows out." When you install and reinstall, it's something they need to do. But no one has called me to ask if I was online. I am online now. But that piece was needing to be worked on.

Original review: April 6, 2020

I had a similar system in my previous house and that company referred me to Link Interactive. The sales and customer service representatives were super nice. I told them my budget and they gave every kind of option, whether it be cash or if I wanted to pay a little extra a month to pay on it. Every time I've called, everybody’s been helpful. The installation was pretty easy as well. It came pre-setup, so they already had all of them named with the way I wanted them to be named, considering what area they were going in and all I had to do was take a little sticky paper, put it on, peel it off, and stick it on the window or the door.

At first, the system was great. But because we have four garage doors, they kept saying that it would lose connection. They sent me out this expander for free that was supposed to help with the connection on it. But I'm still having the same issues, randomly, like my system would start beeping 5:00 in the morning so it's getting a little frustrating. But every place is different and I'm trying everything I can to get it resolved. They sent me out foams to put in between the doors and the sensors and I've done all that. I'm gonna see how it goes over the next week or so.

They offered the doorbell feature and I haven't been able to use it yet but I'm excited to get that hooked up. My other panel had a camera so if somebody would disarm the alarm, it would immediately take a picture of the person and this one doesn't have that. I'm a little sad about but I can live without it. I like being able to access Link on my phone and that's definitely the biggest plus there is there. Overall, they're pretty good. They've called immediately if my alarm goes off. I like they have a fast response time. The price is good and they worked with me on getting the equipment.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I selected Link over ADT whose hardware features are really bad. Even their latest design isn't good. I did a DIY installation of our whole Link system and it wasn't bad. But it was a little fragmented in the fact that it comes from different people. There is a Link Interactive layer on top of the Alarm.com layer. Link Interactive is primarily the security call center that sells hardware while Alrm.com is the platform that runs things. But once I realized that, it was pretty straightforward.

I know that they let people install the systems themselves but they also have integrators that use their same system. I already had a security system in my house so I knew how I wanted it to work and I just reconfigured it. I was looking for cameras with POE on them and they gave me a list of cameras because it has to be a certain camera type based on the encryption. It was a little painful at initially getting it going but that was more of the hardware. It wasn't their hardware though but it was just hardware that they resell.

I had my package fully customized. I upgraded to the Qolsys panel, motion sensors, and two cameras. I've used the Alarm.com snap lines, like a tripwire, for detecting intruders. There are some pretty neat features that you can take advantage of. But a big weakness is their seams. Seams are more for automation and partitions are more for safety. They really haven't blended the two systems together well. But I'm sure they're working on it because there are features on the smartphone that are not available on the panel. It's just an integration problem and they haven't gotten there yet.

There are some initial things with Alarm.com and some functionality features that I would have liked to have. Initially, out of the box, there were some hardware problems with a door sensor and a motion sensor that they quickly replaced. After that, there were issues with the software from Alarm.com. I'd like some improvements of Alarm.com on the features that are on the smartphone but are not on the panel. My request there is for seams as opposed to partitions. It just makes life a whole lot easier for users. Link has been very helpful and that concern has been forwarded to Alarm.com.

We had an issue where my wife didn't arm the system correctly because of the issues with the Alarm.com software. The alarm went off and the response was very quick. We got called. We've tested the system and it works great now that I got two hardware things resolved. I just would like the feature part fixed. Alarm.com is huge from the security platform but they aren't that responsive.

Original review: March 16, 2020

The city we live in has a very, very high crime rate, which is the main concern, and we have very nice items that we rather not have stolen or have to file thousands of insurance claims to replace. We've had different home security systems but Link's customer service is a lot better than other companies and their service is a lot cheaper. When we call in, we immediately get directed to customer service and we don't have to go through a huge automated system.

When I first spoke with their sales department, the guy asked me what made me choose Link and what was I looking for. The main thing is that he wasn’t trying to use pressured sales to make me want to choose Link. He gave me my options, he broke down pricing, and he answered all my questions. He even gave me the option to call back later if I wanted to if I wasn’t sure. The installation went very smooth. I did a system takeover. I was already previously using at home a lot of my equipment and it took a little long install, but that was something I was already expecting because there was so much equipment I had before. But besides that, it was very easy and when I called in to activate, they were quick to do it. The last time I called their customer service, they went above and beyond to help with my issue. They forgot to send out a part to me accidentally and they overnighted it to me.

Their system is very good quality. The equipment that I decided to go with was 2GIG, which is a company that’s been around for years, and I’m very happy with that. And the cost is extremely cheap. For the quality of service we receive for that, it's a match. Not very many companies could go match what Link can do. Our sense of security has improved a lot from other companies. We arm the system when we're home and when we go to work. We’re away from the house a lot. We always feel protected no matter what.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I get a lot of packages dropped off at the house. I want to keep in touch with who's coming to the door and if anybody is coming up stealing packages while we aren't here so I got a security system. The sales rep was fine. He asked what packages was I looking for. Was I looking for a complete home system or anything else. I told him I wanted to try it first before I expand on it so he gave me a package that was expandable. I got the doorbell camera and I like it. The installation experience was rather simple. I mounted it up on the system and powered it up. I went to the website and logged in. When I paid for it, they gave me a code and I punched the code in. Next thing I know, it was reading and it was on my phone, and I get alarms on my phone and on my computer. My experience with Link was very satisfying. They are easy to work with. They answered all my questions and made it very simple to purchase. After the sale, information and contact was readily available.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I was in the process of remodeling the house and got robbed. I came in one morning and somebody had busted through the basement, kicked the door in, and stole like $4,000 worth of tools so I chose to purchase a home security system. I knew I wanted to get an Alarm.com system because I had one before at the other house that I owned. I went online and did a search on who is an Alarm.com representative and went with Link Interactive.

The installation has been a little bit of a problem because it's a self-install situation and there's a bunch of the window and the door sensors. At this point, some are working and some are not. I'm having problems getting the sensors to stay stuck on the proper spots because there are moldings and things that are curved right around those areas. But we've been hanging at the house so it's not a pressing concern to have all that functional at this point. Overall, it's been good. I feel more secured having security.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I looked at two companies then I decided to set up myself with Link because I was looking through the internet and calling, and they were more cooperative. The representative explained everything that they had to offer and I liked everything I heard. So far, it’s a good system and it helps me out as far as being aware and seeing everything. I would recommend it to a friend or family member.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I've had some issues this year with the battery. The main monitor took several iterations and I went back and forth with Link Interactive. First, they couldn't send somebody out. When they did, the techs tried to diagnose it then asked me to buy a new battery. I bought a new one but it turned out that that wasn't the thing. They finally diagnosed it and said it had to be replaced. Also, they would say they'd call me back but they never called back. Plus, I still haven't gotten my rebate for my battery and it was only 20 bucks. They said that because I didn't need it, they'd send it back and they'd credit me for it. This has been going on for months and it's disappointing because otherwise they've been good. They're nice people, too. It's just that they didn't handle that issue well.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Link has been hard to deal with as far as being able to help us troubleshoot some issues with the system. It’s hard to get information. We haven’t been able to set up some things. We're trying to add other devices and when we call, we can’t get through because we’re not at this home. It’s a second house for us. When we call, we are told we need to call at a certain time and it’s not when we’re there. But the system is okay. We like it that we have the app to turn the alarm on and off. I’m satisfied with the system but I don’t think the customer support has been satisfying.

Link Interactive Company Information