toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Link Interactive

We're happy to hear that you are enjoying your system and that it is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve! Thanks for all your feedback and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever have any questions.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

We liked that we could install Link Interactive ourselves and we had the ability to work with it online. They also have a very good customer service. I was really pleased that we were notified immediately when we had an incident where the alarm was triggered and we weren’t home. We happened to be nearby and by the time we got home, the police were already there. That made me feel really good and confident in their services. I’d recommend them.

Link Interactive

You deserve the best and we are happy to give you just that! Thanks for being a part of our family and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

We have Link Interactive as home security for over a year now. It's cost-effective and they have great customer service. They are easy to get a hold of and to communicate by e-mail or phone call. We have a camera in our system that I can check on and I get emails when the alarm is set and when it's turned off. It's kind of cool to be able to keep an eye on what's going on. We're pretty happy that we've reached them. It's a great alternative to the traditional alarm system.

Link Interactive

It's great to hear that you are enjoying your system and loving that smartphone app! Thanks for being a great customer.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2016

Link Interactive is easy to use and my experience in having it has been pretty good. I ordered it online and received the package, had all the information I needed to install everything and get it started, so installation went smooth and easy. Most people would be able to know to install it right after they receive the package. And now I have a lot less worry because if anything goes on, I get notifications through the app on my phone, which is nice to have.

I have been with Link Interactive for over three years now and I love being with them. Installing the system has been very easy and it came with free setup. I added a couple of sensors and I couldn't get one of them activated. So, I called Link Interactive and they walked me through it. Their customer support was great. Since installing the system, I've had more peace of mind. Link Interactive got good stuff and it speaks for the price.

I found Link Interactive on the internet. There was a comparison amongst different brands of security providers and I like Link Interactive mainly because of the cost and internet access as opposed to most of the security systems out there which are phone only. And I don’t have any cell reception at my house, too. Installing it was super easy. Everything was laid out and pre-arranged with all the different access points already listed on the devices. I talked to their staff once about needing more time to get to the panel because of the distance of it to the front door. They contacted me saying, “Hey, we see an issue you’re having here because you keep having to disarm it.” And they adjusted that for me over the phone. I like that Link Interactive does give us some peace-of-mind when we go away because there’s a little more protection on there. At least, I'd have an alert and could alert the authorities or neighbors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

I've had Link Interactive for a month and a half now. The availability of products and the pricing are the reasons I went with them. I'm happy with their good and very helpful sales rep. I sent an email once as I needed some questions answered and their staff answered within a couple of hours. It was way faster than I expected.

The sales rep of Link Interactive contacted me 'cause I had an old alarm system that needed to have the wireless module involved. And then, he told me the different solutions that were available. I've been using their system for one month now. I had one issue that I had resolved within 20 minutes of talking to someone on the phone when I was trying to do the setup myself. Since using Link Interactive, I have more peace of mind. I like the cost and availability of it, too. I definitely would recommend it to someone else.

I've used the Link Interactive system for three months now. I'm a technical person, so I like the system from a technical viewpoint. I also liked its do-it-yourself aspect and the price was good. I had the system installed but the Link Interactive team had discussed all the components over the phone and what I wanted to do and they programmed it all. I went into some modifications so it cost me more to make it the way I wanted it.

I had a lot of pre-sales questions before I got about how things would work or how to set the system up. Then occasionally, I had one problem with the component and it turned out it was just the battery. The Link Interactive team promptly sent me another one at no charge. The company has been great. When I did have a problem, they resolved it immediately. The tech support people are excellent, very friendly, and let you talk and ask as much as you want.

I’m so happy with the quality of the system and its components. It's very well built and everything is very small so it’s easy to mount in tight areas. The system is very sophisticated in terms of its software where you could program things to notify you even if you didn't have the alarm on. You would want to know if there’s somebody walking around and the system will give instant messages whenever there's anything going on in the house. Sometimes I have to have a contractor come and with the motion sensor, I know that the contractors are working in the place where they're supposed to be and not lounging around somewhere else. It gives me a good sense of security because everything is protected properly.

Link Interactive has a better price than other home security company in our area. Furthermore, the salesperson was very great to deal with as opposed to other companies that I was on the phone with. I got to talk to their team a couple of times and they're helpful. I've got some unresolved issue as my front doorbell camera is not maintaining its connectivity but it's gonna take me being at home and calling them to troubleshoot. I just haven't been able to contact them while at home.

The contract with my existing security system provider was ending and I was looking to make a change. The sales representative from Link Interactive was great. I was very skeptical because the last company that I dealt with told me a lot of things upfront that weren't true and didn't happen. I was under contract with them for three and a half years and tried to cancel for two years. The Link Interactive representative gave me a lot of detail because I had a lot of questions. She answered all including the agreement and all of the little small fine print. The crazy part was when I called back a month or so later, because my contract with the other wasn't up then, the same lady answered the phone and she said she remembered me. So that was a great experience.

I linked the Link Interactive system into an existing system and there was no problem as far as connecting the sensors. But in getting the system to learn the old thing, there was a problem with that. But the technical support ended up walking me through it and so the system was up and running. As far as customer service and technical support, they have been on-point, handling everything over the phone and not needing to have a technician come out compared to the last company I had where I had 15 to 20 visits by a technician and they still didn't solve the problem. With Link Interactive, I don't have to take time away to be home for a technician to get here. I could just call at my convenience and they will help me through it. I was impressed by that. I have lesser worries and more peace of mind.

My husband researched online on alarm companies and decided to go for Link Interactive base on their ratings. The installation went fine for him and it was easy. Everything's been great since installing the system. We love it. Plus, I like that we can control the garage door.

I like the ease of use of Link Interactive with the phone app and the self-install hardware. It’s a pretty simple, straightforward system and is cheap, too. During the initial interaction with the sales rep, we got a little miscommunication. The problem was I got a promotional deal with a free sensor and I bought a sensor because they didn't catch the free sensor. So I have an extra one that I didn’t hook up but I’ll just figure out a place to put it. They only added $18, which wasn’t a big pull-back.

Another issue was the SkyBell doorbell was very difficult to install because I had an intercom in between the doorbell and my doorbell wiring didn’t match their schematics of a typical doorbell. My system was a little more difficult so I had to have an electrician come up. I reached out to Link about itl and they referred me to SkyBell and they sent some documentation email. Eventually, I got it to work. Maybe Link should ask the customer if they should send out a guy to install the SkyBell. I probably would have took advantage of that. Other than that, I’m pretty happy with the system and it works great now. Link also helped me when I had to get it registered with the local P.D. It wasn’t explained until after the fact but it’s very minor. I’ll still recommend Link Interactive.

The fact that Link Interactive is still privately held and the company’s been in business as long as they have, and their product was very nice lead me towards them. The sales representatives were extremely knowledgeable and very helpful with decision making. Setting up the device was a piece of cake. The reps were very helpful on the phone and knew the answers to any questions I had. I’ve always been fairly comfortable in the house because I have a big German Shepherd, but the Link system is an added security. Overall, my experience has been really good.

I like the price and home automation that Link Interactive has through their system. Their sales rep was really helpful, too. We had a bunch of random questions and we’d call him and send him emails. And he was pretty quick to respond. We ran into an issue with the motion sensors and we ended up returning those. But the rest of the system has been just fine and great. I also did have to call customer service when we were unable to add something for home automation under our panel and we had the wrong passcode but they responded in like a day and everything was fixed. They also have a mobile app that makes it easier to arm and disarm the system.

Link Interactive's reps weren't pushy as opposed to some other places that I had called. I made one phone call and then I received an email quote and I had more questions. I had a couple of emails back and forth and then I called back. Then I made my decision. It took a while to install because of getting everything and then there were a couple of things that were not clear until we called. We tested it to make sure it was working. I had to call them and they said I had to press the button for 30 to 45 seconds. We were back and forth with several phone calls on different things. The glass break didn’t go off, and there’s a button on it that doesn’t do anything. It took two nights between the installing and then making sure that everything worked and feeling okay and I felt there wasn’t much education or there was nothing in the information that I could read to have not made those phone calls.

Also, I'm not sure if I chose the right system because I ended up getting motion detectors, door and window sensors, but I don't know if I needed a glass break and I don't know what could be better. Also, I was told that the motion detectors can be set to not go off on a 50-pound dog, but it goes off on my daughter who is less than 30 pounds so I can't use it when I'm at home at night. I can't set it on Away Mode. I have to put it on a Stay Mode. Sometimes it won’t go off of me. At the beginning we had it set so that we could hear whenever it would go off, but eventually we turned that off. But sometimes it wouldn’t go off of me and my daughter would be in the room for 10 minutes and then it would go off. But I've had a good experience overall and I would recommend Link Interactive to people who feel like they could install themselves.

Link Interactive is a great company. Their pricing was about the same with other companies but I appreciated their honesty. They disclosed everything upfront. There was no bait and switch like there were no hidden charges I wasn't aware of. Their sales rep was also very prompt. I emailed him what I needed and he called me back. We went over everything. I stayed on the phone while I signed up online, and it was great. Everything worked out fine during installation, as well, however, my husband had to call about a recessed door sensor but they were really great about swapping that. I'm very happy with Link Interactive. When I come home and I'm alone most of the night, that's when it gives me great peace of mind. I would recommend them all day.

Resolution In Progress

Link Interactive

Thanks for your feedback. We can definitely send you over the instruction manual that has all of this information. We normally don't include it because we'd like to provide that service for our customers so we can ensure it is done correctly. Please give us a call and we can email you the manual. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

When I did an online search, Link Interactive was ranked number 2 so I chose them. I'm tech-savvy, so installing their system was pretty easy. I also manually change things on the security system, which allowed me to change stuff to the correct names and titles that I needed them to be at that time. However, there are some things that people need to know and look up about the system. Things like changing the name of the sensor or knowing different codes aren’t included, so people won’t know how to set that up unless they search for it.

Link Interactive is a do-it-yourself security system and they have a good price, which made me decide to use them. The installation was pretty simple. I had a couple of questions but they solved everything and answered all our questions. So far it's a good company and it's doing exactly what it said it would do.

Link Interactive is easy to install and I am satisfied with it. The sensor though doesn't work that great, it is coming on and off. I haven't called them yet. I'll try to find a time that when it's not working and then I'll call. It's usually when I'm not home and then it stops working. I try to activate it and then the motion sensor does not activate.

Putting up the Link Interactive device was pretty simple and fairly straightforward. I use their helpline to confirm and help set things up. They're very friendly and easy to contact. However, I use the online videos more often and if I were to give a recommendation, a better video tutorial would be great. But so far they've been very responsive with questions so it's been a good experience.

I looked at Link Interactive's reviews, ratings and how good they stand against the competition in terms of the value that they are offering for their services and the features on their products. I found them to be better than others. I have them for about three months now and so far, so good. I have had a fantastic experience with them. I installed the system on my own and their documentation was very much self-explanatory. Their sales reps were not pushy in trying to sell their service or products and I liked that. They helped me understand what my real needs are such as the sensors and other things that I would need. The technical support also helped me in the installation and configuration of the system. Since I got it, I feel a bit relaxed. And it feels good to have someone monitor the security.

A friend of mine who is an existing customer recommended Link Interactive. I also made my own analysis of what the offering is in terms of technology and price compared to competitors. Then, I received a very good support during the phase of trying to figure out what I want and need through the process of getting a system to try for a month. These are the reasons which convinced me that Link Interactive is a good service provider. There was an easy way of trying the system for a month which gave me the confidence that I needed. Otherwise, I would have probably not signed a three-year commitment which is one of the downsides Link Interactive has. I'm spending 36 months of the monthly fee and I'm on the hook for three years no matter what.

Installation of the first generation system was easy. I stuck the sensors using Blu Tack instead of screwing them against the wall. It keeps it there for a couple of days until I figured out if that's where I want the sensor to be or not which made the whole process even easier. However, in the later generation of motion sensors, it's not well-described where the range of detection is in which of the mounting positions. It was a trial-and-error thing but it was a minor issue.

They also have great customer service. I had multiple phone calls with representatives with regards to advice for set-up and configuration of the system and exchange of parts. And that has always been very responsive, helpful, friendly, professional and knowledgeable. There are others that are cheaper and the long-term commitment is not ideal but otherwise, I'm happy with the choice that I made.

Resolution In Progress

Link Interactive

Thanks for sharing this feedback. We are sorry you didn't know you needed a permit and that no one returned your call. I have looked into this and we were able to submit your permit for you. Someone should be reaching out to you to explain this all in greater details. Again sorry that they didn't return your call. We will work hard to earn your business. We hope you won't have any other issues in the future.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

We've had the Link Interactive security system installed since the end of October but we've never used it because the city we live in requires us to get a permit. I talked to the county here in the city and this is part of their requirement. They'll charge us a lot of money if we have a false alarm and someone's not here within twenty minutes and it can't be either my husband or I listed on the permit. We're new to the area and we just don't know that many people from here but we have to have two names of people that would be able to be here within twenty minutes guaranteed, and we don't currently have that. So we've never activated it but we're stuck paying for it. I talked to Link about it and they forwarded me over to someone that was in charge of their permit division. I left a message and she never called me back.

I was looking for security systems and didn’t want to go with ADT as I heard a lot of negative experiences about them. I was about to go with Frontline but before I pulled the trigger, I looked around a little bit more and found Link Interactive on a review site and called them. Ultimately they were able to provide the same kind of service as Frontline and it was cheaper. It was moderately hard setting up the system. The actual physical part wasn’t difficult like installing the sensors and programming the panel was super clear but it was a little bit difficult. Another thing was having a little more guidance on understanding the features and customizability. I’m still figuring out all of the different features. I've had Link for less than a month now and their reps were great and were very friendly. My wife and I definitely feel safer with Link. I travel a lot and my concern is more for my family.

I like that Link Interactive had the option for home automation since a lot of other places didn’t offer that. It was also a little cheaper than some of the other places. Because their system was all set up, all I had to do was drill a little hole in the wall for the antenna to go through, then I used adhesive tape for the sensors. The only other thing I had to drill was the front door because we have the recessed alarm, and all of it was really easy. It seems like a good value for the money so far.

I've had Frontpoint for two months now. Installing it was easy and to do the final setup, I had to call in. And their reps were very helpful. However, the hardware was not as great as I would have wanted it. The thermostat's falling apart and one of the alarms that I got do not work. And the range of the motion sensor is all goofy. It's supposed to not be set off by small animals and it totally is.

We experienced a burglary which was our fault because we were not locking our doors. We live in a small town, have two dogs, and had a false sense of security. We were in our house when the person came all the way upstairs while we were sleeping and I had caught a glimpse of him. After that incident, we were on edge thinking that it could happen again. That's why we decided that we would get a security system. We found about Link Interactive in a website that compared several different security systems, and we liked that their monthly monitoring cost was lower than most.

We called customer service on a daily basis when we were setting up the system. My husband and I were confused as to Link versus alarm.com and where everything resided as far as getting help online and how we were supposed to set it up. When we logged on to Link Interactive, we didn't know that we needed to go into the alarm.com portal. It became clearer to us how all of that interacts as we went along, and the representatives were helpful. However, we were given false information because the guide online said the magnet sensor could be as much as an inch away from the other part, but that was not the case when we installed one of our sensors on the door. It was less than an inch and it was not enough to make it close or say it was closed. But we definitely feel more secure and have peace of mind now.

After learning about Link Interactive on a home show, I decided to get them as my home security provider because of the price and the system. Their salesman Phyllis has been very helpful.

Link Interactive was cheaper and their reviews also made me choose them. Their representatives have been very helpful. They've sent me over the price quotes right away and followed up with me. It was really easy to install the system. The devices were all labeled and easy to open during the install. Since I got the system, it's been easier because I can manage it on the app on my phone. It's really helpful especially if I have somebody who needs to go in and I don't want to give them the code.

I wanted to have a company that has the 24 hours a day monitoring. There are a lot of security systems out there where it would ring up a central station if an alarm went off but that's all it would do. It wouldn't go outside of my house to inform anybody else. I got Link Interactive and I like the fact that I have the panic button. I just got divorced and my ex is not being civil, so I wanted that panic button. I got it set up for emergency services and it will immediately text my parents’ phone if I press the button.

With Link and any other security company, it goes back to the main stations and then they call the owner to make sure the system’s not accidentally tripped. But with Link, it makes a loud, audible sound for me and the system sends a text message to my mom’s phone and she knows that she’s immediately to call the cops. So if I were to accidentally trip it, I would call my mom right away. So that cuts out the middleman and I can get the police at my home much quicker.

Another thing that I like is that I can set up the alarm on my own and I’m in control of the passwords, instead of having a person come into my home and set up the passwords. I like the fact that it has ‘Z-Wave’ technology so that I can hook up other things to the Link Interactive system. The last thing that I like is that Link Interactive doesn't operate off of a Wi-Fi and that a phone line can be attached. A lot of alarm systems can be disabled using a signal scrambler. Link operates off of the same technology for cell phones. But we're not getting charged for the cell phone fee.

However, Link Interactive advertises that anybody can install the system, but it can’t. Their instructions were not concise and not clear at all. They were nonexistent. I called their technical support number and they were unable to answer the questions I had. On their motion detector, all they have is a diagram and it was incorrect. It shows the placement of the screws prior to the unit being placed on the wall but they fall away from the wall based on the design because you hang them up. Link Interactive recommends six to seven feet up the floor so they tilt and can see everything on the floor. But the instructions on the placement of the screws are upside down. So if I do it exactly per the diagram, you'd hang it so that it doesn't tilt forward and get the floor area because if you’re going to have motions, it's more than likely going to be on the floor as opposed to four feet in the air and above. So that was one issue.

Then the design of the sensors that they have for the windows is horrible. They have a little flimsy plastic part. I have to take them apart then attach the one piece to the frame or the window, depending on how it's being installed, and then I have to put them back together. But taking them apart, on two of the four window sensors I received, they broke. And I was being gentle with them. So on two of them, I’m using a little piece of tape to hold the units together. Because if they're not together fully, even though the batteries aren’t in them, they will ring up the alarm central station that they're not activated. It would have been nice to have it designed in such a way that that little plastic tab wouldn't break off.

But I was able to figure everything out because I work in a very technical field so it wasn’t a huge issue to me but it’s one thing that Link should improve upon. Their instructions need to be written out in a better format and reviewed by customers so that the average consumer can readily install the equipment. All in all, I would recommend Link Interactive.

Link Interactive Company Profile