4.65/5
  • 1 star
Based on 1,308 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

1308 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My husband was doing some research on what would be the best option for security and found Link Interactive. He called them to get information and get a quote. He was super pleased with the service, and he called them once we had the final count of the things that we needed and it was affordable. They shipped it and it arrived perfectly during the time frame. Installing it was very easy. My husband did it and it was just super fast. He did the entire house and it took him probably an hour or less. We’ve had their system since the summer. There’s just one window, though, that keeps being deactivated and he thinks it’s the battery. But everything else has worked perfectly. It's really a good experience. I’m very pleased with the system and it’s a great investment.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

We have fewer worries since having our Link Interactive system installed. We did the installation ourselves and the instructions were good.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I was looking for a good security home system because I had one that I wasn’t pleased with, so I went online and found Link Interactive. It also has a good rating. I haven’t had Link for 30 days but I’m pleased with the system now. I like that it’s bigger and it lights up compared to the other one I had. The system is all right but my husband had a few problems. When I called their customer service, the reps were friendly and nice.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I've had Link Interactive for two months now. I liked their price and what they had to offer. The system was nicely installed and I didn't have much issues at all. Overall, it went very well.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I had an excellent experience with Link Interactive. They were easy to work with and they definitely knew their stuff. Their approach was better than some of their competitors. While their competitors just wanted to talk down Link Interactive, Link talked about what they could do. Link's home integration stuff is a little bit better and the pricing of the equipment into the monthly payment was advantageous. Also, the system was all set up so installing it was easy. I had to hang stuff, which was more or less like self-adhesive stick-on. So far, our sense of security has gone up since the only reason we got it was for while we’re sleeping. Link Interactive is a cost but is definitely worth it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

We have been thinking about purchasing a home security system for a while. And since we're expecting a new child, I thought it would be a good idea to have one. Link Interactive sets itself apart as the security that's not being able to be hacked. It's also a cost-efficient security system, so it made me feel very comfortable. Their customer service has been phenomenal and I've enjoyed their reps. Every time I’ve had to call with an issue or learning about more information, they have been exemplary. They really stand for customer service, which is rare nowadays. For instance, when I was first learning about the system, before I’d even purchased it, the gentleman on the phone was very informative. He gave me information and I didn’t feel like I was being sold.

However, he had not given all of the correct information such as understanding that there was a panic button setting on the phone and a few other things. All I had to do was call customer service and they made it right. They immediately sent me out a panic button and shared with me that it was not out yet on the phone, but they wanted to take care of me. Those little things reminded me that they want my business and made me feel like a quality customer and not just a number.

The installation process was easy and it didn’t take very long. And I liked the fact that they had the videos to help guide the consumer on how to install it. So far, we were able to customize it exactly what we wanted to. We had a little bit of an issue with the motion sensors at the beginning but they turned around and got us brand new ones out. There wasn't even a full week turnaround time. And since using Link Interactive, we feel amazingly comfortable in my home. It's so nice to be able to hit the button and on the system, and go to sleep, and know that we’re covered. Overall, for their good quality service and affordable price, there's no second-guessing. Link Interactive is the only way to go.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I tried some security providers, and I didn’t like the interaction with them. I dealt with Link Interactive's sales girl and she was professional and patient. I got the same deal even when I had my credit frozen and it took a week to get that unfrozen. The installation of the system was easy and since having Link, I feel a little safer.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I wanted a self-install solution and installing Link Interactive was very easy. I just called to activate it and they were helpful, friendly and responsive. Also, compared to the other companies that offered similar services, they had the best price and they made the purchasing experience a little bit easier and more transparent. You could go to their website and see what kind of equipment you’re getting and actually pick things out, and you couldn’t do that with other companies. I was happy with their equipment choices as well. We also got them because our insurance company requested a security system and also we have to use it when we go to bed.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

The Link Interactive salesperson was really persuasive. I had a fear signing such a long contract. But he threw in two months free and said that if I found something better, I could send it back. Installing the system was very easy and I was able to do it. I’ve had it for about three weeks now and I like it. I have no problems with it but I’m going to send it back due to the fact that 36 months is way too long for an apartment.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I've used Link Interactive since September and they were the best price at that time. One of the things that were difficult about the installation was being able to put it on all door types. The trimmer around the door is not flushed with the actual door, and so what I essentially had to do was create a spacer and drill those into the door so that it would be leveled. Otherwise, it wouldn't work at all and I had to do that for several of my doors. But other than that, the customer service was super nice. Whenever I called them, they were able to help me out and get everything taken care of. I feel safer knowing that the Link Interactive system is in place.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I already had home security with a different company, and I felt I wasn’t secure, and it wasn’t really what I wanted. To have more peace of mind, we got Link Interactive system which includes sensors for motion, doors, and windows. The dealing I had with their employees was amazing and their customer service was great. I spoke to a gentleman the very first time and he was very helpful, informative, and knowledgeable about the system. Also, Link worked with my budget which was really important. The installation was easy and self-explanatory. They know my husband had a hard time with the sensor. It wasn’t anything complicated and he was trying to set it up in the right area where it can cover the most.

In terms of its cost, it was affordable and very competitive towards other companies. We like the quality of the equipment but we were a little disappointed in some of its features. We wanted the sensors to notify us when every door or window was opened and closed, and it only notifies us when something was opened. I know that was a big thing and I called the company, but they told me that our system doesn’t offer it. Other than that, having Link made it easier to just be at ease that our home is secured. I also referred some family over, and told them that everything was well explained, pricing was very good, and it seems a very solid system overall.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

A family member recommended Link Interactive so we got one. Link has been our security provider for a couple of months and the system was very easy to install. I’ve interacted with their team a couple of times. The first was when we built the appropriate package that I needed. They asked good questions about the set-up of our house and gave good recommendations. And they were very responsive when I had some installation questions. Their customer service team is very helpful. Since having Link, there’s a peace of mind and sense of security that everyone’s safer when we lock up the house or go to bed.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I’ve had a great experience with Link Interactive. I did some research off of them and a couple of other DIY security networks and Link seemed to be the best. The system was easy to install. They provided everything and customer service was really good. Everything went smoothly and I haven’t had any problems since then.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I like Link Interactive's reviews and cost so I went with them. I've been using them for a couple months now. Installation was good. The system was easy to install, they have good instructions and customer service was good too. My interactions with their reps have been positive. They were helpful and they get back to me quickly. Since its installation, I now have peace of mind.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I've been with Link Interactive for a month and a half now and everything has been great so far. I got them based on reviews and because they cost less. I didn't have any trouble installing the system. It was easy and self-explanatory. Their reps have also been nice and helpful. So far, my experience has been positive.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

One of the things that I really liked about Link Interactive was that the people that I dealt with, particularly the sales people, were not pushy at all. They were extremely helpful too. With the other companies I talked with, they were constantly trying to pressure me into going with one of their packages and I hate the high-pressure type sales so that was a big deal for me. Link Interactive should definitely continue this low pressure type of sales.

A lot of the other companies also seem to take care of the installation for you so the do-it-yourself thing that Link Interactive had going on stood out to me. It works for a person like me who's very technical but I can completely see that someone who's not technical would probably have a really tough time dealing with this type of company where you’re expected to do things yourself. Overall, everything was really positive and with this system, I have been able to check in on the status of things through the phone. I already had a security system before but Link Interactive's got some additional technology that makes things more convenient.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I had seen some good reviews on install-yourself kind of home security providers and Link Interactive was highly rated. I’ve been using it for at least a month now. It was easy to order everything online. When the system came to the house, I didn't have any service or installation date, besides their fees. And installing it was simple and I was to able figure it all out and handle everything on my own. It took me about half an hour to install it. Using Link Interactive changed our sense of security a lot. If somebody would come in at the door, at least I would hear it and be startled because I’m a sound sleeper. It was great.

We had an issue with our self-service and somebody immediately called me to let me know that my cell phone wasn't signaling. And this morning, I was on the phone with them because they're sending me a new sim card to switch me over. They think that would be better so that was good. The signal was alerting on our system and they already called to let me know they caught on that it was a cellphone error so it made me feel good to know that they're actually looking and really watching me. It definitely made me feel secure.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

The reviews on Link Interactive were positive, plus, it seemed like the technology was current and gave us the options we wanted. I installed the system myself and it was, for the most part, easy. The instructions could've been a little bit more detailed as far as the placement of some of the sensors. Also, the videos that they reference are five years old, so some of the equipment that I received were the updated versions. The videos show them installing older equipment, but I figured it out. It wasn't rocket science.

I installed two of the glass break sensors in the basement using the double-sided tape they provided and recommended using for all the sensors. The tape didn't hold and the sensors became loose. It then created an issue where we were getting a lot of notifications. We were traveling at the time, so we had to coordinate with our pet sitter. We talked to them on the phone about trying to figure it out. Long story short, we fixed the issue once we got back home and I had to call Link Interactive to figure out what was going on.

We didn't have any trouble getting in touch with anybody. However, there was some confusion since they were unsure why the alarm was going off. It turned out it was just a malfunction of two of the sensors. It was frustrating that that scenario happened and there wasn't anything we could do about it, aside from cutting off the system. Other than that, we've had better peace of mind since we installed the system.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I talked to the team at Link Interactive before installation and they were very nice and courteous and they answered all the questions. The security system was very easy to install. I already had another security system before, but Link’s equipment seems better. The applications are also good. I’ve had them for a couple of months now and overall I am very happy.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I like the system that Link Interactive has, as well as the pricing. It was pretty easy to install, and it took only 20 to 30 minutes. I had to call the team at Link Interactive once I activated everything. Their customer service answered my questions pretty quick. I wasn’t waiting online for that long, so the experience was excellent. I’ve been using Link Interactive for about a month and a half and I’m still trying out the system and doing okay. My wife has been feeling more secured now, so we’re happy.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

We have two separate households and have sold an additional house so we had used Link Interactive in three different houses and three different systems and it worked great. We have been using them for 4 years. The installation was easy. But their hours are not the most convenient from the early days to more currently. It used to be that they weren't open at all and now they've changed that but it's still limited. But they've been very helpful and they have good product and support. My sense of security is better with Link Interactive.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I looked at Link Interactive's app to see what rating they got on Google Play 'cause I have an Android Phone. I also looked that their monthly price and then their overall review from other customers. Two weeks after I received the system, Link Interactive called me to say they were not receiving a signal. At that time, I haven't set it up yet but I was happy that they called me multiple times to let me know there was something wrong. The customer service was really good too. The representative I spoke to explained everything to me and definitely took the time to make sure all my needs were met and that the windows and doors in my home have the equipment.

I installed the system myself and it was a little time-consuming trying to figure out where to put it within each window and door. But otherwise, the installation was fairly easy. The system came with some video instructions and I was also reading the paper so it didn’t take me longer. Plus, it's easier to get this system armed than my previous one. I feel confident and I also love the fact that once something is opened, it lets me know what specifically was opened, other than a ding.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I went online and saw something that evaluated a lot of different alarm companies. It listed what they considered the top 10 where Vivint was number one, ADT was number 10 and Link was number two. I checked out all these other ones and I wasn’t happy with Vivint. My wife called them to check out the house and give us an estimate. But the guy told her that they want to come out and install the system, then we have to pay in advance, but we could always cancel if he shows up. I disliked that. As for ADT, we had them by default before and they offered great deals at $99 but it's for a wired system. Then they started being wireless and having video and I didn't like what I read about that.

So I went with Vivint and the fellow that I had was very congenial. He didn't push me or give me the hard sell and I really appreciated that. We had our security system installed last month. It was straightforward and easy. They sent the box with all the information on how to set up the unit and how to activate it. They already preactivated all of the sensors, which was very helpful, and the instructions were pretty good in terms of all the sensors. The downside was, they didn’t include any instructions on the control panel. So, I went online to alarm.com where they have all the instructions as PDF. I found out that there’s a lot of perks and things that the system can do that Link's reps didn’t tell me. For example, when I come into the house, it deactivates or turns off the alarm system automatically and I only found it up by reading the instructions online that goes with the control panel.

The system is better than what I expected, but they should’ve had an instruction book on how to do this and that with the control panel, how to match and connect it to the Bluetooth or explain that if I leave the house and I didn't turn on the alarm, it will give me a message that I didn’t turn on the alarm or automatically set it if someone else is not in the house that also has the Bluetooth connectivity with the control panel. Those are some very nice features that are really super and you don’t get that necessarily with ADT. You might with the new electronics, but you pay another 30% or 40% more for the higher line ADT system. Link Interactive would do itself a big favor if it would show in its advertising and when they actually give their client the product of what other features are available to make it even more user friendly, especially to millenials that love electronics.

When I activated my Link system, the rep who assisted me was very good and explained some things to me. I also called them once to find out about something and they answered my question at that time so that was satisfactory. I have an adult son, daughter-in-law and their child living with us right now so I haven’t activated the alarm at night, but it seems to be working okay.

I got the video doorbell and the one they use seems to be functioning quite well. My doorbell is on the wall 90 degrees to the door. It doesn’t face the street but faces to the side when someone rings it. The company that makes the doorbell sells wedges and you could put two together so you can angle that video doorbell more towards the street to get a better wider view of whosoever's coming up to your doorbell that might be trying to swipe your packages. And when I signed up, the gentleman from Link that I talked to did not know that they had wedges. I purchased those separately and it took a little bit to install but they're pretty handy at a door. All in all, Link's system has been very helpful and easy to use and it has been a very satisfactory experience.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

The price of Link Interactive's equipment and the customer service I received when I called to talk to them about setting up a package were why I chose them. They went above and beyond and installing the equipment was super easy. I unboxed it and had it installed within an hour. It's just peel and stick and it's an entirely wireless system, so it was self-explanatory. We definitely feel more secure when we're not home and I've already recommended them to my neighbors.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

The cost with Link Interactive is less than most of the other suppliers out there. Also, equipment cost was actually about $20 cheaper than the runner-up. Installing it was very easy. It’s just plug and play. The instructions were so-so but I called and had someone guide me through it. They’re very friendly. They just asked for my passwords and they're willing to help whatever needs to be done. I’ve been with them for one month now and since having Link Interactive, I can sleep better. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I liked the price that I was quoted for Link and when I spoke to their representatives, they were very helpful in explaining to me the do-it-yourself system, what the details were and what the package was. It was a self-installation and the instructions for it were easy like placing the sensors and motion detector. The hardest part was installing the alarm but it had nothing to do with the equipment. There was something going on with the wiring of the original doorbell so I had somebody look into it and straighten it out. We then had the activation call and the Link reps were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

With the system, I can see everything and it’s so reassuring to know that I can see someone as they approach my door, and I can see the system as long as it’s on remotely. I’m happy with everything thus far, the equipment, the service and the price for the monitoring. If anyone was interested in a self-installation alarm system, I would definitely refer them to Link. They’re a very professional company and the system is a good value for the money.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I’m in my second month of using Link Interactive as my home security service provider. They have the latest technology, competitive pricing, and hands-off approach which essentially allows the consumer to choose what they want for their home. So instead of a five-year or six-year contract, they give options. And when you go through the sign-up process, they make the installation of your security system really simple. When you get it, everything’s already synced up with their panel so all you have to do is just place all of the sensors throughout the home, which takes some work. But at the same time, you’re saving quite a bit of money by doing it yourself instead of having a professional do it.

I was impressed with the team at Link Interactive. They were beta testing a new feature that if an alarm goes off, they’ll send a text message to anyone that’s on your list. When I signed up, I asked them when it's available because I'd love to join the beta team and try their new feature. They remembered and they reached out to me to tell that they would love to add it to my account. I really had a good experience with their customer service representatives. They were consummate professionals, and they were able to get back to me in a timely manner.

So far, my whole family likes the system because it's easy to use. Link is an innovative and dependable security system. We also got their higher-end panel, which really pleased everyone, especially with its Bluetooth Capacity and how the interface is. Although it's the same old thing to me, my wife really appreciates having their system. Link Interactive is going to have to watch to make sure they still maintain innovation and a competitive pricing. Google is tapping into the market, especially with their cameras and all of their other devices, and it’s going to be a huge market for them. It would be interesting to see how Link Interactive responds to the competition.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I did a website search and I liked the reviews and price point of Link Interactive. I've been using them for about a month now and so far, all the reps I interacted with were easy to deal with and gave quick responses. The installation was straightforward and easy for the most part. However, our doors were a little older so we had a bit more trouble fitting the equipment the right way. Then I had one sensor that was not configured properly. I interacted with their support team mainly through email and they were able to help me reprogram that one and enter the correct identifier for it.

The equipment is modern and good quality. Plus, the cost is very reasonable. We had an estimate from ADT at a previous house and their cost was definitely higher. I think it's also because there was the element of having professional installation being done. However, being able to do it yourself is nice and it helped to save a little bit in terms of equipment.

We set the alarm at night when we go to bed and when we leave the house. It's been easy to use and the control panel is nice. I have one sensor that tends to go offline sometimes which could be due to the layout of the house and the sensor is a little bit too far from the hub. When that one sensor goes offline, I have to go over and open the door then close it back up again for the sensor to register. There is another sensor that sometimes registers that the door is open even though it's not. I'm going to live with those sensors for a while and see if the issues start to occur more frequently before I reach out to Link Interactive.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Link Interactive’s customer service is really good and very responsive. It's easy to talk to them and they answer their phone when you call, and that's a big plus. Every time we've called, they've done the best that they can to help and get us to the next step. We also got a good system for a good price. The only thing that we had some difficulty with was the instructions on some of the different placement of the motion sensors. But overall, they've done really well with everything.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I like Link Interactive and I've been with them for three years. They were highly recommended by a colleague at work and so far, my experience with them has been great. The first time we had them, the system was new to us so we decided to hire somebody to install it. The second time, we were more familiar with it so we decided to install it ourselves and it worked out okay. I've always found their team to be very helpful and very customer service-oriented. They've always been able to either answer my questions or get back to me as they need to. They also seemed flexible on how they support customers. For example, I moved my system to another house, then I bought a second system for a second house to be able to support those things.

Initially, I got the alarm system because we've had some incidents in the neighborhood and people were trying to break into our house. I was looking at other providers but compared to them, Link Interactive's models and contracts seem much more flexible and their prices were favorable. Since I got their system, I feel more comfortable and I can sleep better. I had an incident where I accidentally pressed the fire panic alarm and immediately, they contacted me. I was trying to figure out how to turn this thing off and the next thing I know the fire department was calling me and they're sending a fire truck. I had to tell them that it was human error but it was all really quick. I'm really happy with Link Interactive and they're meeting my expectations. I also try to recommend them to people as often as I see an opportunity.

Link Interactive Company Information