Call toll free
4.60/5
Based on 1,885 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Link Interactive offers a simple DIY installation with three straightforward plans. Although the equipment costs money upfront, the contracts are flexible and discounts may be provided.

PROS

• Crash and Smash technology
  • Flexible contracts
  • DIY installation

CONS

• Upfront equipment cost

Top Link Interactive Reviews

05/07/2019

I was going through the internet and I found Link Interactive … I love my Link system, and I don't have any complaint. Since having it at home, we've been feeling a lot safer. I'm satisfied with Link Interactive and I'll recommend them.

06/03/2019

Link Interactive has been a great company to work with ... We used to have a lot of mishaps with our old system where people would make mistakes and it would then trigger an alarm. But so far, the Link Interactive system has worked very well. It hasn't failed yet.

Link Interactive Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Somebody got broken into a couple of blocks down the road in the area we just moved into. I’m a truck driver so I’m only home 34 hours every two weeks. When I was in Florida, I had a security system, Xfinity, that I was told would work with all systems. But it only works with a particular internet provider. When you get your security system, you get a little tablet thing that controls everything and that was taken back. The cameras were all hooked up to that particular thing and couldn’t hook up to anything else, so all the door sensors and cameras I already had were useless. We had to get a new system.

I talked to a couple of different providers and Link was the friendliest. Any time I called in, they were willing to help. If they couldn't, they'd get somebody who could help. I got all the door sensors and stuff. They are pretty simple. My daughter hooked everything up because we were on the road. The sensors, you can put anywhere. There's also the motion sensor which you can position anywhere in your home for any reason. But I haven’t gotten to my cameras yet. I probably could have done that this time around, but I’m not going to. We have two dummy cameras outside my house. But I know that just by the specs of the Link cameras, they are a better quality and not as expensive as my last security system. I would have paid for it all at once, but I did payment plans.

The Link app is also able to arm and unarm the system. I love that. That means I don’t have to remember any codes. It’s linked to my phone. The tablet thing is really easy to use. If I don’t understand it, I just call Link and they pretty much break it down for me where like a kindergartener could understand. In using the app, you flip over and the app pops up. You have home, away from home, sleep mode and even an alarm clock. The app also tells me the weather. Once I hook up my cameras, it’ll show me images on my app real time.

I like the fact too that my alarm system will deactivate when I get close enough to the house. But I noticed something which I don't like. A lot of the times that I leave, I activate the alarm system. The road we live on kinda circles back close to the house. It registers my phone, it knows the phone is close, and it deactivates my alarm system. I think my house is locked up but it’s not. Other than that, I don’t have a problem with the system because usually my daughter checks after she knows we have left the house and have gone back on the road. She reactivates the alarm system for me. She used to be on the system because she was here for a couple of months. I pretty much have two security systems. I have my daughter who's constantly making sure that I don’t mess up.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

When Ian and I moved in together, I thought it'd be smart to purchase a home security system. I compared Link Interactive with Frontpoint and Vivint, and not only was the customer service better but the equipment was better as well. The guy from Link who helped me was super funny and extremely friendly. The installation was time-consuming but easy. It took me an hour and a half to do so. Their panel is easy to use. I also have smoke detectors but I haven't set it up yet. I've been having a problem with the communication between the panel, the app and then the online because there was a mix-up sometime between the panel getting set up and the online setup. They still have the number under Ian and every time I put my password in, it's showing as Ian, and he gets the notification on his phone. When he puts his password in, it comes up as me, and I get a notification on my phone. But we don’t get criss-cross.

I wanted a doorbell or something where they have the camera to be included in our home security. It'd be cool if Link Interactive did that where if someone would ring the doorbell, I'd be able to look at our panel or phone to see who is at the front door. I use their app more than the actual putting the code in. I have these push notifications and Ian has his texts. I like how we can just customize. I have different things where it's like, “It's nighttime”, then I press a button, and automatically, it's like arm stay, no enter delay, warning, and sounds. These are super cool to use.

There had been two real problems where I had an alarm event happened because one of the sensors was acting up. Luckily, Ian was home to turn it off before the cops showed up. One of the window sensors was messed up. The window sensor in the bedroom is not activated because it's too far away from the panel. Other than that, the only recommendation I would have is the sticker on the back would be more easily removable and come with two replacements because once we moved them, we can only duct tape them back on or have to put a screw in the window.

The biggest thing is it gives me a pre-warning system. I'm a firearms instructor on the side, so I'm not too worried. Ian tells me the alarm is extremely loud so if someone comes in, I already know and ready for whatever happens. I can skip the step of calling the police because I know they're on their way. All I have to do is hunker down the bedroom. It's a deterrent and maybe the alarm will scare them away. Overall, I felt 95% satisfied with Link Interactive and I would recommend them to friends.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I’ve had rental houses for 15 years and I have been using security systems for a very long time. I’ve probably used all of the bigger brands out there like ADT, Brinks, NCA, and Xfinity. Link Interactive has been around for a really long time, but I haven’t had the chance to try them. I called their customer service and had to set up a few systems. The first time I called which was also kind of a time-crunch, they were nice and they all stayed calm. That makes a big difference when you’re trying to set up a security system. It was really important that I had those systems set up for my renters. The Link reps used good people skills and they treated me like somebody that they cared about.

They walked me through the installation process and it felt like they were familiar with the system and they knew what should be in the box. One time, we were looking through the box and I couldn’t find something. There was a piece that goes on the back of the monitor like a little mainboard. They did a really good job. I found the installation really easy, although I ended up using Command Strips instead of drilling through the plastic parts to put in the motion detectors. They wanted me to put a screw hole through the plastic in the back.

I have four houses and I know each house really well. We did custom security plans for each house since some plans have more floors than the other. All of the houses there, they are very similar as they all have a garage that you drive into, but they all have different floor plan layouts. I kinda knew what I was looking for because I’ve always tried to have very secure homes. I’ve used lots of equipment, whether it was with the other security companies. And Link is the top, at least for now. Everything changes and you have to change with everything because usually, there’s something that can be improved. Some of the security features are really updated too. Link has the app and it’s a lot more proficient. The app is good and user-friendly which is really important because I’m trying to have renters who have a variety of computer skills to do it too, not just me.

The cost for Link was really wonderful too. This was the lowest cost in systems that I’ve had in my 15 years of putting them in my houses. That’s really good savings for somebody out there and for me, in particular. I was very impressed by that. It’s made up in the contract, but that is a really good thing. But I had to send one of my Link systems back because my renter was in love with the routine of what she is doing now. Sometimes people don’t wanna try something new, but if they do and they’re okay with a commitment of a two or three-year contract, they will like it. They’ll actually buy the system and they’ll want to have it in their house.

With Link, if customers have any questions or they need to send the system back in the first three days, that has been made really easy. In my case, Link sent me a form to sign and I sent all the things back. It was really nice. As for the other systems, I'm gonna keep them at my other rental houses. My renters are enjoying using them for locking doors. It makes them feel safe and makes me feel good. Link's system could really help people. The cost of having some break-in in your house and also just the feeling you have if you don’t have anything in place and then afterward, you’re like, “I should have done this,” Link is definitely a system that's well worth it. I’m happy to tell my family or friends about it.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

A rental property that we bought was in a rough area and while we were renovating, there was some robbery going on. We got impacted two times and then I decided to add an alarm system, which I also had in my own house. The alarm system was coming from alarm.com but I wanted something smarter to be installed. So I contacted alarm.com and the bunch of retailers that they gave. I ended up with Link Interactive because they were less expensive.

Link Interactive's customer service was good and fast. As soon as I made a request, they immediately sent me a text message. On the very same day, we closed the deal. So as far as sales were concerned, they were good. On the customer support side, some of the instructions they sent for the do-it-yourself installation were not very clear. Still, when I called, they kinda walked me through the setup. Although I figured out the instructions after a couple of weeks, there’s a little room for improvement in terms of making the instruction guidelines clearer. We were getting false alarms but overall, the reps were very responsive. Once you get them on the call, they're very knowledgeable and helpful. Whoever is on the phone, they know exactly what kind of issues you’re running into, and they can guide you through settings.

I got the four sensors plus the motion from Link Interactive. Everything was pretty much installed and paired, so it was ready to go. Installation was easy as all I needed to do was to put some sticker and it was all set up. Then I just attached it to the door. One of the neat things about the system is that they've got this interactive feature where, in case of emergency, they actually talk through the panel with you, just so they can actually listen to what’s going on in the house. Also, it's nice that they can also determine if there is an emergency or it's only a false alarm.

The additional feature though is really the mobile app that you can arm. That’s really neat. The only drawback of the system compared to the old traditional ones is that when you’re trying to set the alarm to "away", you need to make sure all the doors are closed before you click the arm. If the door that you’re trying to get out from is open, the system is not smart enough to realize that. That door will be bypassed and that is pretty bad. Other than that, you can always arm the system from your phone, which is really nice.

The other disadvantage is that the system comes with a receiver and sender. Everything should be attached to the door and it has to be within a certain distance. Sometimes, the way your door is set up may not allow for a nice installation, so there are some limitations there. The systems get confused. All of a sudden, it sends some signal today that something is going on when there's actually none.

All the settings are very conservative, and the system can easily sense if somebody is tampering with it. At the same time, however, it can put the settings such that they will confirm with you through the phone or message before it will send the officers out. So, you can kinda filter some of those false alarms, but not too much because sometimes it could be some problems and you may wanna need assistance. Good thing Link Interactive also has a support system during the weekend, so in case there is a false alarm, they can fix it for you. It’s almost like 24/7 help for emergency situations. Overall, I am very satisfied with Link Interactive. I really like the installation. I could ask somebody to come and install the security system who will ask me for thousands of dollars, but Link Interactive’s system is something I could do myself. I strongly recommend Link Interactive.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Having a home security system gives you peace of mind. When you are away, you know you have sensors and things that are there to trigger to let you know if something bad is happening. We wanted to secure the home and to have a better vision into what's happening at home, so we decided to purchase one. Link Interactive had a good price point and I liked what they were selling. The sensors, devices, and components were not attached to a propriety. If I wanted to, I could move to another system, while other people that are providing the service would not allow you to do that, so you are locked in to their proprietary system. Others would offer a lower upfront fee, but you are stuck with them forever. I didn’t like the fact that I would be stuck with the other providers, but Link Interactive allowed me to be free of that and in case I didn’t like Link, I could move to another provider and still use my sensors.

The sales rep was standard. He was trying to sell a product and plead his case. He seemed to not understand certain aspects of the technology and he almost put himself on the line. He was rapping something that he didn't understand and not really giving the full truth. I was testing him to see what he would say and he was pushing some jargon or lingo, “Oh, well, we do encryption on the ply.” I asked what that meant and he just said something. I asked him to explain it, but he couldn’t fully explain it. During the installation of the system, I got all the stuff and put it together. I didn't look at the instructions too much. I just knew what to do with it and I knew that the panel needed to be linked. I needed certain information and it was very easy. There was a packet that came in that told the passcodes and gave the basic rundown. I just followed that and it was perfect.

The features are good and the system offers what you would expect. There are both cell and wireless communication. There is a backup battery in it and I really like the touch screen panel and the fact that there is a motion detector in there. It is cool. That provided me one last motion detector I had to purchase. There is also a glass break detector in the panel, so there was a lot of bang for the buck in the system. I use the Link Interactive smartphone features and I have it built into Alexa, Echo Spot, and Echo Show. From the phone, I can tell Siri or Alexa to arm the system. There's an added benefit that I can link it with Alexa and I can do everything with my voice.

The cost is good and I'm getting a quality product although there is nothing special about it. The panel is nice because it is a touchscreen and the sensors operate at the distances that are needed. They communicate well but when I link up my smartphone to the panel, it is supposed to auto-disarm when it knows that I'm near, but sometimes, that doesn’t work correctly which is one little quirk in the system.

Since having Link Interactive, I feel like I have more vision and idea of what's happening at the house. I travel a lot, so I'm always worried about my home and what's happening. It is good being able to have vision into your home and knowing that there are sensors 24/7 working to let you know if someone has triggered some sensor in your house. If a friend is interested in a security system, I would explain to him my current set-up, what I have and what my experience is, although there are other options. I like what I have but maybe he is looking for something different.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

When we set up our Link Interactive system the reps were super good. And the cost is 40 bucks a month so it’s pretty cheap.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

We had Reliant before but we moved. Link Interactive seemed flexible so we switched to them and got the basic alarm and monitoring system. We installed the system ourselves. They were supposed to program it based on pictures we took of the circuit board, but that process really wasn't as smooth. I'd have someone come out and install it next time.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I’m having a problem with my front door sensor. I talked to six people already, and they were saying something about the sensor don’t work on an aluminum door. But before I came with Link I had another alarm company, and it worked on that door. I switched to Link Interactive because they’re a lot cheaper. But I’m not happy with them at all. Somebody needs to swap stuff out to make sure they’ll try to work.

She said I have 30 days to send the sensor back. She said I gotta put some more foam on it. I said, “Ma’am, if that thing sticks out like a sore thumb in my house, I’m not gonna use it.” The old company I had worked just fine. They would re-wire it, so it could work. I don’t believe some of their reps know what they’re talking about. To me, they have more excuses than just being honest with me about it. I said, “The last company I worked with, they came out to my house, they installed it themselves.” And she was like, “Let me take a picture of that,” then, “You see, you put it in the wrong spot.” I said, “Ma’am, I didn’t install it. The last company installed it.” The only that thing changed was the new plate. Everything else, I kept. I kept the door and the hallway sensors. So I don’t understand about the placement.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for letting us know. We have escalated this to our Tech Support manager. She is reaching out to get your resolved. We are sorry for the issues this has caused. We appreciate your patience.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I wanted to continue using my existing equipment and try different companies, and Link uses the same equipment I have. They were pretty professional and got me through the process of finding what kind of service I needed. I did the installation myself, which was time consuming as I had to get each of my sensors to tie into the panel, but it was not hard. The panel that I have now is the next generation panel, so it has some features that I didn’t have before, which is nice. It’s also a smaller footprint, which is also nice.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

After doing research on the web, I decided to get a security system with Link Interactive. I got some friends that have systems similar to it, and I like the ability to add to it or do home automation. I had very good interaction with the sales rep and the installation was good too. Only, I had some third party devices for the door sensors, and they didn't work with the system. So I sent them back and got credit for it and bought a couple of other things. Besides that, everything went well. We got the Bluetooth set up to deactivate the system when we get close, which is one of the things that we were looking for. Everything works, everything's good.

Link Interactive Company Information