Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.60/5
Based on 1,994 ratings submitted in the last year

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)

BOTTOM LINE

Link Interactive offers a simple DIY installation with three straightforward plans. Although the equipment costs money upfront, the contracts are flexible and discounts may be provided.

PROS

• Crash and Smash technology
  • Flexible contracts
  • DIY installation

CONS

• Upfront equipment cost

Top Link Interactive Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

I was going through the internet and I found Link Interactive … I love my Link system, and I don't have any complaint. Since having it at home, we've been feeling a lot safer. I'm satisfied with Link Interactive and I'll recommend them.

Link Interactive has been a great company to work with ... We used to have a lot of mishaps with our old system where people would make mistakes and it would then trigger an alarm. But so far, the Link Interactive system has worked very well. It hasn't failed yet.

Link Interactive Call Now Toll Free (855) 830-3776 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Link Interactive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: April 25, 2020

I wanted to protect my belongings and my family. Link was a great system while I had it. They were really responsive and really helpful in picking out the equipment and the services that I needed. They didn’t really try to push me into anything, which surprised me. I was expecting kind of a high-pressure sales pitch and didn’t get any of that. They made everything really affordable. Initially, it seemed like it was gonna be too expensive to get all the equipment but somehow, they got the price down to 80 bucks. That was for everything including the nice panel. They were just wonderful.

The installation was very simple. All the parts came with numbered boxes and you just install them in the order that they came. There was a Pion stick tape and they gave instructions. Once I got all that done, I plugged in the main control panel and it picked up all the sensors. I tested them then called in and they activated the account.

I had every feature that I was looking for and more. The panel that they offered was easily the industry’s most feature-rich panel. They chose that for a reason because they wanted to be able to offer as much as they could to their customers. I could have a streaming video, I could have static sensors, and I could have outdoor cameras. I could have anything I wanted. They sold all that and they serviced it. But they also made it clear that I could buy it on my own and add it to the system if I could find it cheaper somewhere else. They weren’t even trying to lock me into a system where I had to buy stuff from them.

Link had great people. They had great customer service and they were very responsive. Everything came quickly and with the assurance that my local laws had been checked and I wasn’t gonna be breaking any laws by installing this thing. They did all the footwork for me and made it really easy. But I ended up moving and getting rid of the system. I just didn’t need it in the new location. But although I didn’t have a great deal of opportunity to use the system, it worked great and had capabilities beyond what I was expecting. It had the ability to add hundreds of home automation tools that you could control from the device and not have to tie up a dedicated controller that you have to program yourself and connect to touchscreens. You have one system that controls your security and your home automation. It was really convenient.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I needed a security system because I got a new home. Like the previous company I had, Link is a good provider and it has a good service. They kinda called to make sure that I was set up appropriately. My representative was very nice and extremely flexible, which I really liked. I loved the customization of my system. That was a really good feature for me.

But the installation was painful and it was not as easy as they say. You would expect the sensors and all those things to be put together. Mine wasn't. I don't know if I got an economy package or what but it was not as quick as they said. And I had a similar system before in the house that I bought. It was a matter of me getting it up and just taking that thing off and putting mine on. But with Link, I had to put the units together. That was the part for me that was like, "Huh."

They put the things for you and the sensors and all that. But the thing is not as simple. But after that, you're good. It wouldn't have even been bad though if I knew that it wasn't as simple as they were saying, which most things aren't in life. People cream puff their wares. I would've been prepared when I opened the box and put it that way. It's like, "Oh, we're not doing this today or tomorrow."

Also, I have a thermostat thing that I still haven't even figured out how to use. I opened the box when I came and wanted to put it up. But when I went to open the box and it was like, "Oh my god. Are you serious?" I literally pushed it off to another day. I gotta work and I'm not home like so many people are. I have to take the time to get with that. But I know it's gonna be great once everything is integrated together.

In terms of my purchasing experience and my customer service experience on the front end, it was great. The same can be said about the fact that Link is on the cellular system. That makes me feel good because it's independent of power. Being away, it has a backup and it's not a wire that's gonna be cut. That's why I went cellular versus a hard one.

But I'm getting work done and one of the windows replaced so my system's offline. When the sensors were being tweaked, they couldn't sense this and that. Someone went through and adjusted some stuff. I told my son, "They're gonna be doing the work in here. We're gonna be getting those windows out." When you install and reinstall, it's something they need to do. But no one has called me to ask if I was online. I am online now. But that piece was needing to be worked on.

Original review: April 6, 2020

I had a similar system in my previous house and that company referred me to Link Interactive. The sales and customer service representatives were super nice. I told them my budget and they gave every kind of option, whether it be cash or if I wanted to pay a little extra a month to pay on it. Every time I've called, everybody’s been helpful. The installation was pretty easy as well. It came pre-setup, so they already had all of them named with the way I wanted them to be named, considering what area they were going in and all I had to do was take a little sticky paper, put it on, peel it off, and stick it on the window or the door.

At first, the system was great. But because we have four garage doors, they kept saying that it would lose connection. They sent me out this expander for free that was supposed to help with the connection on it. But I'm still having the same issues, randomly, like my system would start beeping 5:00 in the morning so it's getting a little frustrating. But every place is different and I'm trying everything I can to get it resolved. They sent me out foams to put in between the doors and the sensors and I've done all that. I'm gonna see how it goes over the next week or so.

They offered the doorbell feature and I haven't been able to use it yet but I'm excited to get that hooked up. My other panel had a camera so if somebody would disarm the alarm, it would immediately take a picture of the person and this one doesn't have that. I'm a little sad about but I can live without it. I like being able to access Link on my phone and that's definitely the biggest plus there is there. Overall, they're pretty good. They've called immediately if my alarm goes off. I like they have a fast response time. The price is good and they worked with me on getting the equipment.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I selected Link over ADT whose hardware features are really bad. Even their latest design isn't good. I did a DIY installation of our whole Link system and it wasn't bad. But it was a little fragmented in the fact that it comes from different people. There is a Link Interactive layer on top of the Alarm.com layer. Link Interactive is primarily the security call center that sells hardware while Alrm.com is the platform that runs things. But once I realized that, it was pretty straightforward.

I know that they let people install the systems themselves but they also have integrators that use their same system. I already had a security system in my house so I knew how I wanted it to work and I just reconfigured it. I was looking for cameras with POE on them and they gave me a list of cameras because it has to be a certain camera type based on the encryption. It was a little painful at initially getting it going but that was more of the hardware. It wasn't their hardware though but it was just hardware that they resell.

I had my package fully customized. I upgraded to the Qolsys panel, motion sensors, and two cameras. I've used the Alarm.com snap lines, like a tripwire, for detecting intruders. There are some pretty neat features that you can take advantage of. But a big weakness is their seams. Seams are more for automation and partitions are more for safety. They really haven't blended the two systems together well. But I'm sure they're working on it because there are features on the smartphone that are not available on the panel. It's just an integration problem and they haven't gotten there yet.

There are some initial things with Alarm.com and some functionality features that I would have liked to have. Initially, out of the box, there were some hardware problems with a door sensor and a motion sensor that they quickly replaced. After that, there were issues with the software from Alarm.com. I'd like some improvements of Alarm.com on the features that are on the smartphone but are not on the panel. My request there is for seams as opposed to partitions. It just makes life a whole lot easier for users. Link has been very helpful and that concern has been forwarded to Alarm.com.

We had an issue where my wife didn't arm the system correctly because of the issues with the Alarm.com software. The alarm went off and the response was very quick. We got called. We've tested the system and it works great now that I got two hardware things resolved. I just would like the feature part fixed. Alarm.com is huge from the security platform but they aren't that responsive.

Original review: March 16, 2020

The city we live in has a very, very high crime rate, which is the main concern, and we have very nice items that we rather not have stolen or have to file thousands of insurance claims to replace. We've had different home security systems but Link's customer service is a lot better than other companies and their service is a lot cheaper. When we call in, we immediately get directed to customer service and we don't have to go through a huge automated system.

When I first spoke with their sales department, the guy asked me what made me choose Link and what was I looking for. The main thing is that he wasn’t trying to use pressured sales to make me want to choose Link. He gave me my options, he broke down pricing, and he answered all my questions. He even gave me the option to call back later if I wanted to if I wasn’t sure. The installation went very smooth. I did a system takeover. I was already previously using at home a lot of my equipment and it took a little long install, but that was something I was already expecting because there was so much equipment I had before. But besides that, it was very easy and when I called in to activate, they were quick to do it. The last time I called their customer service, they went above and beyond to help with my issue. They forgot to send out a part to me accidentally and they overnighted it to me.

Their system is very good quality. The equipment that I decided to go with was 2GIG, which is a company that’s been around for years, and I’m very happy with that. And the cost is extremely cheap. For the quality of service we receive for that, it's a match. Not very many companies could go match what Link can do. Our sense of security has improved a lot from other companies. We arm the system when we're home and when we go to work. We’re away from the house a lot. We always feel protected no matter what.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I had an Alarm.com system and I was switching away from another provider to Link Interactive so that I could continue to enjoy the app and everything else that already came with my system. The swap over was quite easy and although I can’t give them a 5, they were better than a 4 because I only had one issue. I had the basics on my app like arm and disarm. I could turn my home automation on and off, but I couldn’t see all of my videos. I called them back and they resolved the problem immediately. It was a simple error where they did not code in there that I was a premium customer that should have the videos activated as well. The young lady that helped me was very helpful. She was able to look at my account and she rectified it while we were on the call.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I purchased a new house and Link Interactive was the only one that was available through Alarm.com in my area, but I haven't had any issues having the system. I use the mobile app as well.

Original review: May 28, 2020

The equipment was already installed and it was recommended by the previous owner. Switching over to Link Interactive was simple. They have been very on top of everything. So, I've been extremely happy with them. I also like that it gives me an email because I haven't set it up with the app or whatnot with unexpected activity.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I went with Link Interactive because I wanted to try something a little more different, get my price down, and try to do the whole automations. I utilize the mobile app, which is what I like the most about having this system. It is seamless. It is also a DIY system and I can do anything I want with it. If I want to add or take away devices, I can do that, unlike most proprietary security systems. During the initial setup of the wireless devices, I had to clarify a few things and they were very helpful.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I looked on the internet for some security systems and Link Interactive came up in the top 10. I did some investigation and decided to go with them. I ordered all the parts and installed them myself and they gave me any help I needed. It was pretty good. The sensors all work. None of them have ever failed. I have a motion sensor, a doorbell camera, an indoor camera and an outdoor camera. I never really had problems with anything. Customer service is good, too. I just renewed with them recently and they were still charging me my old monthly rate. And I just sent them an email, they responded pretty quickly and deducted it out of my next month's fee.

Link Interactive Company Information