Call toll free
4.61/5
Based on 1,843 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More
Accredited
Toll free number

1843 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I’ve had rental houses for 15 years and I have been using security systems for a very long time. I’ve probably used all of the bigger brands out there like ADT, Brinks, NCA, and Xfinity. Link Interactive has been around for a really long time, but I haven’t had the chance to try them. I called their customer service and had to set up a few systems. The first time I called which was also kind of a time-crunch, they were nice and they all stayed calm. That makes a big difference when you’re trying to set up a security system. It was really important that I had those systems set up for my renters. The Link reps used good people skills and they treated me like somebody that they cared about.

They walked me through the installation process and it felt like they were familiar with the system and they knew what should be in the box. One time, we were looking through the box and I couldn’t find something. There was a piece that goes on the back of the monitor like a little mainboard. They did a really good job. I found the installation really easy, although I ended up using Command Strips instead of drilling through the plastic parts to put in the motion detectors. They wanted me to put a screw hole through the plastic in the back.

I have four houses and I know each house really well. We did custom security plans for each house since some plans have more floors than the other. All of the houses there, they are very similar as they all have a garage that you drive into, but they all have different floor plan layouts. I kinda knew what I was looking for because I’ve always tried to have very secure homes. I’ve used lots of equipment, whether it was with the other security companies. And Link is the top, at least for now. Everything changes and you have to change with everything because usually, there’s something that can be improved. Some of the security features are really updated too. Link has the app and it’s a lot more proficient. The app is good and user-friendly which is really important because I’m trying to have renters who have a variety of computer skills to do it too, not just me.

The cost for Link was really wonderful too. This was the lowest cost in systems that I’ve had in my 15 years of putting them in my houses. That’s really good savings for somebody out there and for me, in particular. I was very impressed by that. It’s made up in the contract, but that is a really good thing. But I had to send one of my Link systems back because my renter was in love with the routine of what she is doing now. Sometimes people don’t wanna try something new, but if they do and they’re okay with a commitment of a two or three-year contract, they will like it. They’ll actually buy the system and they’ll want to have it in their house.

With Link, if customers have any questions or they need to send the system back in the first three days, that has been made really easy. In my case, Link sent me a form to sign and I sent all the things back. It was really nice. As for the other systems, I'm gonna keep them at my other rental houses. My renters are enjoying using them for locking doors. It makes them feel safe and makes me feel good. Link's system could really help people. The cost of having some break-in in your house and also just the feeling you have if you don’t have anything in place and then afterward, you’re like, “I should have done this,” Link is definitely a system that's well worth it. I’m happy to tell my family or friends about it.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

A rental property that we bought was in a rough area and while we were renovating, there was some robbery going on. We got impacted two times and then I decided to add an alarm system, which I also had in my own house. The alarm system was coming from alarm.com but I wanted something smarter to be installed. So I contacted alarm.com and the bunch of retailers that they gave. I ended up with Link Interactive because they were less expensive.

Link Interactive's customer service was good and fast. As soon as I made a request, they immediately sent me a text message. On the very same day, we closed the deal. So as far as sales were concerned, they were good. On the customer support side, some of the instructions they sent for the do-it-yourself installation were not very clear. Still, when I called, they kinda walked me through the setup. Although I figured out the instructions after a couple of weeks, there’s a little room for improvement in terms of making the instruction guidelines clearer. We were getting false alarms but overall, the reps were very responsive. Once you get them on the call, they're very knowledgeable and helpful. Whoever is on the phone, they know exactly what kind of issues you’re running into, and they can guide you through settings.

I got the four sensors plus the motion from Link Interactive. Everything was pretty much installed and paired, so it was ready to go. Installation was easy as all I needed to do was to put some sticker and it was all set up. Then I just attached it to the door. One of the neat things about the system is that they've got this interactive feature where, in case of emergency, they actually talk through the panel with you, just so they can actually listen to what’s going on in the house. Also, it's nice that they can also determine if there is an emergency or it's only a false alarm.

The additional feature though is really the mobile app that you can arm. That’s really neat. The only drawback of the system compared to the old traditional ones is that when you’re trying to set the alarm to "away", you need to make sure all the doors are closed before you click the arm. If the door that you’re trying to get out from is open, the system is not smart enough to realize that. That door will be bypassed and that is pretty bad. Other than that, you can always arm the system from your phone, which is really nice.

The other disadvantage is that the system comes with a receiver and sender. Everything should be attached to the door and it has to be within a certain distance. Sometimes, the way your door is set up may not allow for a nice installation, so there are some limitations there. The systems get confused. All of a sudden, it sends some signal today that something is going on when there's actually none.

All the settings are very conservative, and the system can easily sense if somebody is tampering with it. At the same time, however, it can put the settings such that they will confirm with you through the phone or message before it will send the officers out. So, you can kinda filter some of those false alarms, but not too much because sometimes it could be some problems and you may wanna need assistance. Good thing Link Interactive also has a support system during the weekend, so in case there is a false alarm, they can fix it for you. It’s almost like 24/7 help for emergency situations. Overall, I am very satisfied with Link Interactive. I really like the installation. I could ask somebody to come and install the security system who will ask me for thousands of dollars, but Link Interactive’s system is something I could do myself. I strongly recommend Link Interactive.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Having a home security system gives you peace of mind. When you are away, you know you have sensors and things that are there to trigger to let you know if something bad is happening. We wanted to secure the home and to have a better vision into what's happening at home, so we decided to purchase one. Link Interactive had a good price point and I liked what they were selling. The sensors, devices, and components were not attached to a propriety. If I wanted to, I could move to another system, while other people that are providing the service would not allow you to do that, so you are locked in to their proprietary system. Others would offer a lower upfront fee, but you are stuck with them forever. I didn’t like the fact that I would be stuck with the other providers, but Link Interactive allowed me to be free of that and in case I didn’t like Link, I could move to another provider and still use my sensors.

The sales rep was standard. He was trying to sell a product and plead his case. He seemed to not understand certain aspects of the technology and he almost put himself on the line. He was rapping something that he didn't understand and not really giving the full truth. I was testing him to see what he would say and he was pushing some jargon or lingo, “Oh, well, we do encryption on the ply.” I asked what that meant and he just said something. I asked him to explain it, but he couldn’t fully explain it. During the installation of the system, I got all the stuff and put it together. I didn't look at the instructions too much. I just knew what to do with it and I knew that the panel needed to be linked. I needed certain information and it was very easy. There was a packet that came in that told the passcodes and gave the basic rundown. I just followed that and it was perfect.

The features are good and the system offers what you would expect. There are both cell and wireless communication. There is a backup battery in it and I really like the touch screen panel and the fact that there is a motion detector in there. It is cool. That provided me one last motion detector I had to purchase. There is also a glass break detector in the panel, so there was a lot of bang for the buck in the system. I use the Link Interactive smartphone features and I have it built into Alexa, Echo Spot, and Echo Show. From the phone, I can tell Siri or Alexa to arm the system. There's an added benefit that I can link it with Alexa and I can do everything with my voice.

The cost is good and I'm getting a quality product although there is nothing special about it. The panel is nice because it is a touchscreen and the sensors operate at the distances that are needed. They communicate well but when I link up my smartphone to the panel, it is supposed to auto-disarm when it knows that I'm near, but sometimes, that doesn’t work correctly which is one little quirk in the system.

Since having Link Interactive, I feel like I have more vision and idea of what's happening at the house. I travel a lot, so I'm always worried about my home and what's happening. It is good being able to have vision into your home and knowing that there are sensors 24/7 working to let you know if someone has triggered some sensor in your house. If a friend is interested in a security system, I would explain to him my current set-up, what I have and what my experience is, although there are other options. I like what I have but maybe he is looking for something different.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My wife did a bunch of research on the internet about purchasing a home security system. It is our second time to get a system and we both spent a lot of time mauling it over and deciding whether or not we were gonna try to do it ourselves or hire a professional that can do it. Our first system was a wired one. We hired somebody to come in and we spent a lot more. They put a panel on our closet and chased wires around in our attic. But Link Interactive's website was excellent and videos are available either through their website or on YouTube to help with the installation and figure out how to make things work. I was able to figure it out and I'm not a super smart guy when it comes to the internet, so I like it a lot.

My wife was the one who did a lot of the pre-work and interacted with their sales team. She was very happy with their team, with the functionality and the support on the website so we paid a little bit more. The monthly cost is fairly expensive and we spent 500 bucks on all the parts and pieces. When I installed the system, the directions that came with it were very easy. I'm fairly technically savvy when it comes to working with my hands and hang pictures. I work in the construction industry, but I'm a manager so I'm not afraid to dive in and try things. I was fully installed on a night and the only thing that was challenging about it was the stickers that hold some of the sensors on. I gotta go figure out where to find some more of that double-stick tape. And there are some tricks that they could put on there that might help people figure this out.

A lot of times with our windows, if I put them a little bit too close to each other when I go to shut the window, especially if we have a heavy glass door, it’ll pop that thing right off. Then if I put it in the wrong spot a little too close and my kid shuts it a little too hard then it makes contact with the frame and breaks it off. So, a little bit of heads up on that maybe on the website or on the instructions would have been helpful.

Also when the thing showed up, if I have animals in the house, I'm supposed to point it a little bit more up or down. When I walked past a sensor and I thought it would set it off, it didn’t register so there's something going on there that I haven't been able to figure out. But so far all of the perimeter locks and everything seemed to function very well and it gives us peace of mind. Also, I keep my phone next to my bed if we forget to set the alarm and just one touch on my phone and say arm away or arm stay. It's just hitting it and I don’t have to get up and go to the panel. Link Interactive is very user-friendly.

So far, everything is going very well and we're happy with the panel including how it works. The Z-wave technology is very handy also. And we're thinking about having a camera and it will be nice if that camera system interfaced with the security system we have. We have one in our house that was there when we moved in but that’s 10 years old so it's a separate DVR and I don’t think it’ll work together. Overall, we're very happy with the decision we made. There is some night time burglary in the neighborhood and we feel more secure knowing that at night, we can lock the house down and that the alarm on the panel will wake us up if something happens.

Link Interactive response

Happy to have you as a customer. Thanks for the review!

Original review: May 26, 2018

There has been an increase of break-ins in the neighborhood and I wanted to have some monitoring at my home when I'm not in the home, for burglary primarily, so I chose to purchase a home security system. I researched about five or six systems and I found that Link Interactive had the best value and also the best technology for the monitoring sensors that were available. The person who did the sales for me was excellent and was responsive by email and phone. He responded to phone calls when I called, got back to me quickly, and answered questions that I had about how the devices work, as well as the cost, how to place the order, and contracts. Basically, he was able to provide me with everything I needed quickly and he was very good.

After that, I had a couple of interactions with him because of some problems with the system. It wasn't syncing properly with alarm.com, so some of the data that I've entered with the local device wasn't going after the web and I wasn't able to access it remotely. It was giving me false reports of doors opening and closing. It wasn't getting the accurate sensor information or which sensor was activated because the alarm wasn't feeding the data properly. I had to make a few phone calls to follow up on that and send it through email messages. I got a very good response quickly from customer service. They corrected the problem and said that there was a problem with the syncing in the alarm versus Link. So, I didn't have to do anything about it and that was very positive.

The third interaction I had was also with the sales rep initially because there had been some problems with shipping. I had asked for a specific count of sensors and I received several additional sensors I didn't need, so I wrote to him and I asked him what to do and he sent me a label to return them. And then oddly, a couple of days later, I got another shipment, an additional sensor, that I hadn't asked for. I told him I needed to return this as well, so he got me a second label and I shipped both of them back.

The only downside or the only criticism I had of that was that I didn't receive a refund promptly. It took several weeks before anything happened. I had to write to him and ask him what was going on with the refund and he responded quickly. He said he spoke to someone in that department and the refund was going to be processed the next day. I saw the refund a few days later on my credit card, but I had to remind him of that. Apparently, the department that was processing it didn't take care of it as promised. He corrected it but that required several communications from me to prompt him to follow through on the last step, which was the refund. It was a minor complaint but it definitely could have been handled more efficiently.

After I had installed the data, I had named all the sensors on the panel. Apparently, those names were not going up to the alarm.com system when the alarm goes off to my phone and also to the human monitors. I was getting, "Zone 3 is open. Zone 4 is open,” on my phone. I got a phone call from the monitor saying, "We had a zone 3 open alert.” I wondered what was that because I wasn't at home. I armed the systems and a windstorm blew through my neighborhood and blew a window open just by the wind. A tree crashed in front of the house and it set off a glass break detector on the inside of the house which was rather surprising. The alarm went off and I wasn't that familiar with the system. I saw the alarm activated two different zones that sounded not like a false alarm to me but I couldn't tell what they were.

The person on the phone couldn't help me because it said, "Zone three, zone four". I said that wasn’t what I put into the system. I had just turned it on two hours ago and I was 45 minutes’ drive away from the house. He was asking me if I could go to the hall and I said that I was in the middle of dinner. It was very stressful. When I got back, I wrote a long email to customer service. They looked into it and they said that what I put into the sensor naming didn't block the alarm, so the alarm was communicating some generic zone stuff to the monitor. They fixed that. It was a syncing issue between the device and alarm, but it was very frustrating and upsetting to me that the first time I turned it on, I got a false alarm and I couldn't correct it.

The police had been called to the house and they were gonna give me a fine because it was a false alarm. I didn't have the alarm registration on file. There was a permit needed that I had to sign to Link and when I paid for my permit, I was given a certificate but there was no information on the certificate. Link told me afterward that the police couldn't come out to the house right away because I didn't have a permit on file and I told him I paid for it and I emailed it to them. They said that the receipt number for the permit was actually my permit number. I asked how I would have known that and he said they were sorry and that it's a Los Angeles issue they didn't know. It wasn't Link's fault but was LA City's. But Link wasn't able to correct it in time before the police came out and they threatened to fine me that. And even though I paid for it the day before, I didn't have it on file.

It was a miscommunication that had occurred after I installed it, during the time that the alarm went off and break down and transferring communication to different parties. There was a systemic problem between Link alone, the permit, and the monitoring people that created a lot of unnecessary stress for me that first night. I documented it and emailed it to the company and they were very responsive. They took care of it, but it took several days to sort it all out.

The installation process of the system was straightforward and clear. I had to call a couple of times because the sensors were not being picked off by the panel. And over the phone, someone walked me through taking the battery out and putting the battery back in. That re-established a connection between the sensor and the panel, although that wasn't clear to me in the instructions. The instruction basically said they don't show up automatically and two of the sensors didn't show up and I thought they might be defective. It turned out they weren't defective. There were some problems with the signal not linking up and the only way to re-establish the signal was to remove the battery. All in all, they were able to take care of it so I don't fault them for that. They did a good job in walking me through it.

The other issue I had was the door/window sensor that was re-assessed. I had to drill into the door frames in order to create a hole for them. I found that process was quite difficult. It required a lot of complex tools including an auger and very unusual large drill bit, a level, and several different depth-finding tools. It was a complicated process. I would probably have to hire a professional to install something like that if I didn't have access to those tools and had professional advice from a carpenter. That was a really far more complex installation than a do-it-yourself person would be expected to know how to do it. Drilling it, ¾-inch diameter, 2.5-inch depth round hole in solid wood without any other type of tools and doing it properly was unreasonable. I would not have ordered them if I had known. It took me about six to eight hours to do that for four doors.

Since that first disaster and all those problems that were corrected because of it, the system has worked flawlessly. There has been no false alarms and no failures to connect. The only other issue I'm having right now is I am finding that when I try to access the video feeds through either the website or my phone connecting to the alarm.com website, the video feeds tend to shut down after five or six seconds. And if I try to click “live feed”, and then once they stop, there's no way for me to restart the feed for two or three minutes. I can't click “play” again and get the video feeds to restart. It's almost like there's a lockout.

I have three cameras and if one of the cameras stops, I can’t restart that camera for a minute or two. I can only look at the other camera. I find that to be a consistent problem and it has been ever since I started the system. It's something to do with alarm.com speed. It’s disappointing because I am paying for that access. It's $10 a month to have that video feed and I'm getting poor service. The service for the video portion of my contract is not being fulfilled based on what I was told.

The quality in relation to the cost is fair. There are systems that are cheaper but the quality is probably not quite there. Link Interactive’s systems are more expensive but other companies aren’t offering anything more than somebody had to come in and install it as opposed to do-it-yourself. It's not worth paying more for two or three years from now. I've compared prices for different systems of what's offered and I found that even though this isn't the cheapest plan, it probably is overall the best value in terms of price for what I received, so I'm happy with it in terms of value.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for sharing all of your experiences with us. We hope you get the peace of mind you deserve. Thanks for being a valued customer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: May 16, 2019

There was a system from Lowe's, which was called Iris, and I've had that for years. And they decided to stop their business, so I compared several companies and chose Link Interactive for the IQ2 panel. It is a touch panel that I liked. But the previous system that I had was far superior. Other than that, Link's sales and customer service representatives were very good. They helped and did very well.

A lot of Link's sensors and cameras are based on alarm.com. And the cameras are horrible because you have to buy. I bought seven cameras because if your home wouldn't pair, they just don't pair. And then, I got two panels from Link. I looked at their homepage, what kind of accessories the panel supports, what sensors, what cameras, what model, and I ordered stuff on eBay for that system. And when the system came, it wouldn't pair. They told me they had sent me a panel with an older or different system linked to it. It was not according to their homepage. They took the panel back, and sent me a new one. So, the initial set-up was a little bit bumpy. But when it comes to setting up sensors, pairing sensors, that works quickly.

In the older system I had before, they had the key fob. The system would detect when you arrive at the house. By itself, it would turn it off and on. The current one here has manual ones, which is to press the button. The old system had the functionality to turn the system on and off at a certain time you programmed it. But for Link, I have to pay extra for that, which I refused to do.

And one thing that's misleading is the geofencing. I understood that you have cellphones linked to your account and when the system sees when the cellphone is not in the house, it will then do something. It can turn the light off and it can turn the temperature oven down, but it cannot arm the alarm system. That is something so simple to add there. For me, it's not a big thing, but my wife forgets a lot to arm or disarm. We were used in the past that when the vehicle arrives with the key fobs in it, the system would disarm automatically. We didn't have to worry, "Oh, we forgot it." Here at Link, it's not possible. They send you a text message saying, "Oh, by the way, you forgot to arm your system." That's what the geofencing does. But that's not state-of-the-art.

Also, Link's system is too expensive. The Iris Lowe's system had a monthly charge of $15. I had 18 cameras on the system. The geofencing was not available, but they had the key fobs which were detected by the system. There is a lot of functionality to program in with different rules and scenes to say, "Well, if the key fob arrives, not by 4:00 then please send a text message to the parent." Let's say if your daughter doesn't show up at 4:00 after school, you get a notification. Link is below that level. They don't have that, and I'm paying $35. So, I'm paying more than double for less functionality.

Each four cameras is another $5. So, if I add 20 cameras to it, I'm having a 56-dollar system. That is outrageous. So, I only have four cameras with Link and 15 other ones with different companies. I had to split up because I didn't wanna pay extra. Plus, the exterior cameras do not have interactions. In the Iris system, if the camera detects movement, it turns on the light. The Link does not. Link can do an alarm or not, but they do not turn the light on with the camera sensor. So, you have to buy another extra motion sensor next to it that would do that. Moreover, Link has no support on Sundays, which is unacceptable too. I'm paying more than double than what I had before, so I expect a better service. But that's not the case. Still, I'm satisfied with Link.

Original review: May 15, 2019

The Link Interactive system was preinstalled in the house we just purchased. I took over the account of the previous owners and the idea was that there would be less cost, but that wasn’t the truth. It's still the same cost whether I was a new account or not and that was a little discouraging. Also, I'm already paying for a monthly coverage and I would have to pay for upgrading the preinstalled devices and those parts myself, which doesn’t really make sense.

Another thing is that I can't have the system working how I need it to from the internet and the application. The security system is not able to be automated on turning on and off. My sister-in-law lives with us and she leaves at different hours than we do. So, if she was to leave earlier than I was to get up to disarm the system, the alarm would go off and it would wake my 15-month old daughter up. At this point, I haven't been able to arm the system at night because she leaves a half hour before I wake up. The system is a great idea if that wasn’t happening but for right now, it's kind of $36 a month for nothing.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Link Interactive is more intuitive to the customer, especially on the smart home side, than the previous system I had. It has a lot of different items to get from Alarm.com. All of their reps were friendly and courteous. They tried to resolve any issues and gave me some good discounts. The installation was easy as far as the home hub but I had problems connecting with the sensors. Also, the garage opener was incorrect so they had to send me another one which also didn't work. By the time they sent me the third one, it was a whole different model and I went ahead and canceled.

But other than that, the installation was good, as well as the doorbell and inside cameras and the thermostat. And I liked the app. It was all-in-one and I liked that it integrated with Google. It’s the extra step of saying, “Hey, Google, talk to Alarm.com.” Then I go from there and try to work it in as much as I could. The quality of the equipment is solid. I give it a thumbs up on that. It didn’t feel cheap and when I installed it, it definitely held up.

Also, it was a really good price. But I don’t like paying for monitoring and when I canceled that, the monthly price went down just a little bit. I wasn’t really happy about that because I'm paying for the app access and video streaming. To me, compared to other companies, that was a bit much. Then, when I tried to purchase the same sensors for the same equipment, the same frequency, and it was through Qualisys, it didn’t work. I didn’t connect at all. So, I just left it alone. I canceled Link Interactive and I turned in all the equipment. For it to be that low on price, it was a good experience. It’s just certain things didn’t work right. I tried to further solve problems and eventually they would have been solved. But I didn’t wanna go through all that and I didn’t wanna pay that much.

Original review: May 13, 2019

My son, who lived with me, recently died and I felt less safe in the house. I went online and compared security systems and Link Interactive looked like something that appealed to me, with the reviews and the cost that was pretty fair. They mailed the alarm system to me and I installed it. I put sensors on the doors and windows and it was pretty easy to install. But I can't get the sensor to work on one window. It doesn't open and I've been bypassing it. Also, when I was away on vacation, one of the sensors fell off. They notified me right away and I was able to ascertain that it wasn't a break in. Then, I had another sensor fall off my front door, but I was home at that time. If they put a little bit more glue on the sensors, they would stay better. Other than that, the service has been good and I'm very happy with the features of the system. I feel safer having Link Interactive.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I needed the ability to be able to monitor and video, and open and close door locks. I wanted to purchase a home security system, and a buddy of mine recommended Link Interactive. And they were on top of getting back to me and following up. I think that was crucial in terms of getting my attention. They also had a reasonably-priced offer. It was part financial, part their assertiveness and their on-top-of it attitude that made me use them.

I did the installation by myself, and everything went well. I always press the wrong button on the backside of the quickset lock. But other than that, it went easy. The overall quality of my system is good. I’m having some range issues sometimes. And I do have a repeater, but I'm having some range issues from the brains to one of my exterior locks. I have two motion detector batteries. I chose one of my motion detectors, and when they sent me a new motion detector, the issue has gone away. Being able to do things I wanted to remotely is great. It’s definitely one of the few pluses.

Original review: May 11, 2019

We had a home security system but it was getting expensive. I was doing some research to see what else was available in our area and found Link online. There was a thing that you could send for additional information, and I sent it to a couple of them, and Link responded. And the guy that responded was very helpful and very pleasant, and the price was right.The installation was not a problem. We had our stuff already here from the other system. We were able to just integrate with what we had. So, it was really easy. Link just had me get on the phone with somebody and he walked me through it.

Our new system seems to be working perfectly. The cameras have been working really well. And we can adjust our thermostat and do all kinds of stuff with the smartphone features. I’m completely impressed, and I would tell anybody to use Link. Also, I’m saving over $20 a month over that. I like that. Link needs to be very nice to their employees because their employees are very pleasant to deal with. I’ve talked to more than one of them, and they’ve been outstanding.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I liked to have a home security system. I was going through the internet and I found Link Interactive. The reps had been great, and the system was already installed. I got the camera and the recording, and everything is great. I love my Link system, and I don’t have any complaint. Since having it at home, we’ve been feeling a lot safer. I'm satisfied with Link Interactive and I'll recommend them.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I was vandalized in the past, so I purchased a home security system and I chose Link Interactive because of the price and features. We installed the system ourselves and it was easy. My favorite feature on it is that the deadbolt disables the alarm system. My interaction with the reps at Link has been good, although the one complaint that I have is two nights ago, the alarm went off at around 3:00 in the morning and the house was vacant. I was expecting somebody to tell me what was going on. I had to call back, but they were never planning to tell me anything.

They called the cops, then the reps called me back in, although they should have just known that. Link didn’t follow up with me, which I thought was part of their process. The cops didn’t follow up with me either. Nonetheless, we've only had the system active for about a week and my experience with Link has been good so far. The cost was better than the competition even though there is a three-year commitment. The initial upfront cost was a lot less and the monthly cost was just the same, so it is a better deal.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I own a fitness studio. I went to Alarm.com and they hooked me up with a local retailer. I went with Link Interactive and it has been great. However, we had a bit of an issue up front with the shipping. There were some storms. When I called, it was on a Friday and I got a message that our equipment was coming in on Tuesday. Jan heeded me that it would be there by Tuesday. It was $250,000 worth of equipment, but it wasn't there and I did understand their explanation for it. It obviously didn't divert me to another service and I was a little scared for a couple of days to not have it secured. But that was my only issue.

I wanted something I can control on an app and it worked out really well. We open in the morning and my trainers have log-in information. I like that I can disarm the system and when it is being disarmed. I know when the class is over, so if it was ever disarmed when I know there is not a class, it is easy for me to know what is going on. If the trainers forget to turn it off, I do, too. I have it connected through the Bluetooth, so when I am supposed to see it, it disarms, which is another great feature. I wish more people knew about Link Interactive and I wish there was a way I could dually have it at home as well without being double the price. Knowing how easy it is and how comfortable I am knowing that the studio is armed, it is something that interests me as a home user because it is relatively inexpensive and easy to know. Our dog doesn't tell me if someone comes through my house.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I needed a home security system and I did a little consumer search and Link Interactive was ranked good. I started at the top of the list and went down and checked who gave the best price. Link Interactive was in the top three, and their salespeople were very good. The guy's name is Lee and he sent me a proposal to look at. It was on point, not pushy. I understood what I was getting and what it was gonna cost. And there’s no contract other than having to pay for that little panel that I bought. But they also told me I could pay that off any time I wanted to reduce my monthly payments.

In addition to that, the customer service was impressive. I know that if I have a problem with the system, there’ll be somebody to talk to that’s engaging and who understands. They stayed on the phone with me for two hours getting all that stuff hooked up and didn't give up. Since it was an existing system, I just had to plug the panel into the wall and then go through the identification process. I did a lot of climbing around ladders though and getting serial numbers, but in the end, we got all the points up and running. The only part that I don't wanna do again is hooking up all my stuff. Somebody with no technical skills might struggle with that.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I’ve been with Link Interactive for about six years now and for the most part, my experience was decent but lately, I had put a complicated piece in. All my sensors had low battery indicators all at one time, so I changed all the batteries in a lot of stuff to find out that it’s probably a piece of equipment. I wasn’t too happy with that. It takes a lot more than what they would allude to be able to do everything that needs to be done on a security system. I’m savvy at it and it sounded simple but the more I did it, the more complicated it got.

I had a sensor that I know that they knew I had, that they never put into my system which was weird. They sent me a water sensor for flooding, so I figured if they sent it to me they would have already programmed it into my system. They program it remotely. Since I bought that sensor from them, I expected it to come plug and play but it wasn’t because I don’t see it on my sensor. It has been that way for a long time. They need to make sure that they get all those sensors on my system hooked up. But other than that, Link is good to deal with and they get back to me quickly. My system got off several times and the response time was excellent. This system does a good job. Link Interactive is an excellent company.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I’ve heard more about Link Interactive than the other companies, so I went with them and my experience has been good so far. Everything went well when I was purchasing. The reps were knowledgeable and patient. As far as the actual installation of the system, everything was easy to do. It took me within an hour to complete everything. The video is high-quality and I like the night vision, and I can also access the system through the smartphone app. Since having Link in my home, there have been less people coming to the gate. The kids bothering the dogs and throwing rocks have stopped. They see the cameras and they just stop. I have already recommended Link to a friend.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We wanted a home security system because we just moved to a new place and our friends suggest it was a good idea too. When I was searching for a system, I first searched online and did a little comparison. Then, I reached out to different companies. When I spoke with the sales rep from Link Interactive, I felt comfortable. The rep was informative and he was able to answer my questions. He was not very pushy like I had to make a decision right away or very soon. Also, the price was good. I felt like everything was transparent and honest information was handled.

The installation of the system was somewhat easy and manageable. However, it took a while when it was out of the box as I wanted to make sure I understand everything since I never had a home security system before. It also took a little trick to actually physically find a good way to attach the sensors. But once it was all done, the system was installed and the actual guide to start using it was easy. I'm happy with our new security system from Link Interactive and we have noticed a change in our sense of security.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Link Interactive's cost is better than most companies. The representatives were good and the set-up was easy, although installing the sensors on the doors was a bit challenging. The quality is good, nevertheless, and my experience with Link has been all right so far. I am still trying out the stuff, but I have no complaints so far. My sense of security has been good since having the system. I’ve finally activated and armed it.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We got a customized Link Interactive package in February and the sales process was easy. We liked that it was not overly expensive and that we could put it up ourselves. Installing the system was easy. In fact, it was a lot easier than we thought it was gonna be. With the Link system, we can be away from home and get on it to see what's happening.

Original review: April 23, 2019

With the way things are going around in this country, I gotta have videos going half the time or a security net. Plus, it is hard to get up to the door so I made a decision to buy a security system. I went with Link Interactive as it was on Facebook. I was able to interact well with their sales and customer service rep. He was very knowledgeable about what he had to say to me and very well knew what he doing. He did a really good job explaining everything. I installed the system and all I had to do was mount it to the outside. It was a very easy installation. I made sure also there is power to it and the wires were drawn to each other and plugged in the electricity for the internet. The instructions were not the best but it was done one thing at a time then I got power to the camera doorbell. I got everything hooked up but all I gotta do is get strong enough WiFi so I can do it. I thought it can go through the phone, but it won't work.

I was also looking for a camera and they said that the camera they got now needs to be hooked up to the WiFi. Another thing, when the doorbell rings, I can see the inside camera working but I need a doorbell for the outside too. Once I get a strong WIFI, it should work. Other than that, everything else is working. And once I get it going, it would be great because I know who is at the door. The equipment lights up good and everything is very well. I like that it is easy and slim. Moreover, the equipment’s quality is good and the cost is so good in relation to the quality. So far, my sense of security has been pretty much the same since having Link security system as there are people coming in and out all the time. People will notice when they see the stuff. Overall, I'm satisfied with Link Interactive.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I initially started working with Link Interactive, but their overall system was not what I was looking for. The alarm wasn’t loud enough, and I would have to buy a separate alarm which if you need an alarm system, you want a whole system that really works. Also, the situation with the sensors took a lot of work on my part. I put in over 20 hours in the whole situation. I was reluctant to just throw those hours away, but the system wasn't as good as I had thought it was gonna be.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I bought a house that has an existing Link Interactive. Currently, we are experiencing some issues, but we have not moved into the home yet. Once we do, we anticipate a technician coming out to help us. Our package includes features like motion detectors, glass break, doorbell, and videos. Although I've had limited experience with Link Interactive and I get too many alerts with their smartphone features, I'm satisfied with the experience with them.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I watched some YouTube videos and reviews, and Link Interactive's system was easier enough to self-install. Their customer service was really great when I called. They were easily available and were friendly, so I like that. I had a friend help me with the installation and it went well. It wasn't that complicated and it took a couple of hours. The instructions were detailed enough.

Original review: April 13, 2019

We have two stores. I had occasion to go with a provider other than Link Interactive on the second store, but I didn’t. I recently received a power outage notice. That worked well and I was very pleased with that. However, the sound quality is poor. We don't have sound at one of our stores. Also, the system is a little to the high side on cost. That could have an impact on what we do at some later date. I could get it done for 75% of the cost. But when I have called in with a problem, Link's reps have been very good.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I spoke to both Link Interactive and some places here. Link seemed to be more promising and it was a referral by my cousin. The sales rep explained things to me very well. She told me how to install the system being that it's a self-install. It was very clear. And when I had a small problem, I called her and she sent me another piece. The system is very good but I feel they need to be a little bit better. In configuring the app, it needs more options. The notification option in the app can be improved.

Original review: April 11, 2019

When I purchased a home, I decided to purchase a home security system as well. I went with Link because of the promotions they were offering. Also, their monthly monitoring services were more of what I was looking for compared to other quotes I got. In addition to that, their customer service reps were very helpful. They responded within 24 hours of me requesting a quote via phone. And then once I got the information, I asked them if they could follow back up in 24 hours, so I could discuss it with my wife. They did that.

Once the equipment had arrived, they had a call already in place to make sure everything was working properly and make sure I was able to install everything. The doorbell camera was far the most challenging thing I had as far as installation. But that was because of the break of the house than anything else. Other than that, I get text notifications whenever there’s motion detected on one of the outdoor cameras, or if I leave the house, and don't set the alarm. The fact that I can log into the app at any point in time, and just check on things around the house is convenient.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I called around a few different companies, and I felt the most comfortable with Link and they gave me a pretty good price. The people at Link were straightforward and honest. The installation was a little bit harder because it was self-install, but they were always there when I called them. They were just right up the whole time. I'm pretty happy with their service.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I went for Link Interactive because their prices are lower than the others that I considered. It was easy to install and their customer service reps have been great. Every time I have a question, they answer it. Everything about my security system is great. Having it makes me feel more secure.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Having found Link Interactive through Costco, we took a shot at Link's system given that we trust Costco. They’re good to their consumer base. Everyone that I’ve dealt with at Link is also great, although, the set-up initially was a little challenging. After they sent me equipment, no one has followed up to ask how did things go. Plus, what they do is exactly the reverse of how it should be. You just get a bunch of equipment, then you go around and stick it into various sensors, then you have to call them to get the labeling correctly.

What they should do is get the door names, the door knocks, and then send a pack that has the sensor name, like which is for the front door or for the window. Anyway, the system is a few years old now, but it’s perfectly fine. One thing, however, is that there’s no volume dial on the speaker. If an emergency happens, the speaker that the operator speaks to you through is unbelievably loud. You wanna stay away from it, but you also have to communicate with it. It’s already stressful when the alarm is going off, and you try and enter your code. And then the kids are crying because the alarm went off, and then this really loud speaker goes off, and you’re trying to communicate. They’re so loud, I can’t even think straight. There is a volume control, but not enough for that, like there’s no way that you can turn the volume down. Overall, they're a decent service, but there’s a lot of other systems out there where you can get monitored for a lower cost.

Link Interactive expert review by Ben Mannes

Choose from three self-installed home security packages for $30.99-$40.99 a month, with 1-3 years contracts and a 3-year warranty. Plans include smoke, fire, and carbon monoxide protection. Link Interactive customers can easily control and automate their homes while they're away by using the company’s remote access app, and they save money with DIY installation.

• Pricing: Link Interactive has three monitoring plans: Standard, Gold and Elite. The plans range in price from $30 to $40 a month and allow consumers to select the plan with the features they want, including basic monitoring, two-way voice communication, home automation, video monitoring and more.

• Interactive security: With Link Interactive, customers can conveniently access their home security system using their registered mobile device. The Link Interactive app enables users to arm and disarm their homes, lock doors, turn lights on and off and adjust the home’s thermostat.

• Video monitoring: Link Interactive gives customers live access to their homes while on the go. The mobile app offers live stream footage from your home, so customers can check on pets, kids or visitors.

• Takeover Program: Consumers with an existing security system can contact Link Interactive to learn about the company’s Takeover Program. The program lets consumers get Link Interactive monitoring without installing a whole new system.

• Additional features: Along with their advanced security system, Link Interactive has additional features including night vision cameras, wireless motion sensors, wireless smoke alarms and wireless window and door sensors.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Link Interactive Company Information