4.6/5 (2028 ratings)

About Link Interactive

Link Interactive offers cellular-based, automated security systems. The app-based control system allows users to lock their doors, adjust thermostats, monitor cameras and open and close the garage door from their cellular device. Plans begin at $30.99 per month, with no installation or activation fees. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Pros

• Crash and Smash technology
    • DIY installation
    • Add-on products available
    • Cellular system

Cons

• Upfront equipment cost
    • Cannot cancel contract

Bottom Line

Link Interactive offers a simple DIY installation with three straightforward plans. Although the equipment costs money upfront, the contracts are flexible and discounts are available.

Top Link Interactive Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I called them up on the phone and told them what equipment I wanted. They ordered it and I received it about seven days later as promised. I set it up myself. There were instructi...

Verified

I looked at two companies then I decided to set up myself with Link... The representative explained everything that they had to offer and I liked everything I heard. So far, it’s ...

How does Link Interactive work?

Link Interactive is a home security firm that offers three plans for consumers wishing to keep their family, home and belongings safe. Interactive offers 1-year, 2-year and 3-year contracts; however, you can also go month-to-month if you choose. Link Interactive has "Crash and Smash" technology that keeps everything operational, even if an outside force attempts to cripple the system. Link Interactive installation is DIY and shouldn't take more than an hour to install.

The steps for getting set up with Link Interactive are simple.

1. Choose your equipment: First, choose equipment like the control panel, cameras, home automation devices and more.
    2. Give Link Interactive your information: You then provide Link Interactive with vital details, like where you want your system installed and a list of emergency contacts.
    3. Choose what plan and additional services you want: Link Interactive has three plans to choose from, and you can add other services like professional monitoring if needed.
    4. Review and agree to a new contract: Once you've agreed to the contract, you're all set up with Link Interactive.

Link Interactive pricing

Link Interactive has an upfront charge for equipment — for example, the recommended control panel, the 2GIG Go!, costs $251. Some consumers take the smart step and ask about Link Interactive annual contract discounts; you may receive $50 off equipment with a one-year contract, $150 off with a two-year contract and $250 off with a three-year contract. See the cost of each Link Interactive plan below.

Monthly cost
    Standard$30.99
    Basic Security with Equipment Services$39.99
    Basic Security + Wireless Connect$44.99

Link Interactive plans

The Standard plan from Link Interactive is its primary plan, which provides professional monitoring. The Gold plan adds home automation, allowing you to control elements like lights, heating and A/C either online or from an app. The Elite package has everything in the Gold and Standard plans, as well as HD video monitoring capabilities.

StandardGoldElite
    Professional monitoring
    Smoke, fire and carbon monoxide detectors
    Remote control online or via app
    Energy management
    Automated lights, locks and thermostats
    Video recording and analytics
    Standard
    Gold
    Elite

Link Interactive equipment

All equipment from Link Interactive requires self-installation. Every plan, from Standard to Elite, comes with the following equipment:

• A control panel
    • Yard sign and window decals
    • Three entry sensors
    • High-decibel siren
    • Keychain remote
    • One infrared motion sensor

Link Interactive offers a wide range of home security products. Its control panels alone come in a variety of options.

Although each Link Interactive home security system comes with the number of devices necessary to monitor your home, you can add a Link Interactive doorbell camera, a Link security camera or a Link Interactive thermostat. Additional equipment you can buy includes:

• Temperature change monitor
    • Smoke detector
    • Indoor and outdoor cameras
    • Garage door sensors
    • Motion sensors
    • Door and window sensors

Link Interactive products

Link Interactive FAQ

How do I cancel Link Interactive?
    You can cancel Link Interactive whenever you want; but remember, if you are on a yearly contract you will still have to pay the remaining balance. Therefore, it's probably best to explore a month-to-month agreement if you are unsure of your decision.
    What is Link Interactive Takeover?
    Link Interactive Takeover is a plan that lets you work with Link Interactive to help transfer you from your current home alarm security system to the Link Interactive security system.
    Is there a Link Interactive app?
    Yes. Link Interactive offers an app through Alarm.com. With the app, you can control and monitor your security system remotely.

Is Link Interactive good?

With flexible plans and a solid line of equipment, Link Interactive is a good choice for a reliable home security system. Although the Link Interactive cancellation policy is a bit strict, you can avoid having to pay a fee by going on a month-to-month contract. Overall, Link Interactive alarm systems are an excellent choice for your home.

Link Interactive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

We just moved into a new home about eight weeks ago and the system that the builder had installed was antiquated. It was an old ADT kind of a system and I wanted a touchscreen all kinds of bells and whistles and to be able to control it from my phone. So, I had to purchase a new one. I have a couple of different properties and I've had Vivint as well as Frontpoint. Link Interactive’s service is comparable but it's a little less expensive so I'm happy with that. A lot of times, the salesperson would talk to you about all the great benefits, levels of service and tech support. But more often than not, that ends up being a little bit over promised and you have to end up figuring it out or doing it yourself. In this case, sales was informative, consultative and very helpful. It was backed up by always being there when I had questions. The tech team and the support team were there when I needed to do my install. So, I couldn't be happier.

The system’s features were great because the builder installed a wired system to a number of things in my new home and that was put into the control box all wired but I wanted to control everything wirelessly. So, they helped me with the solution to install the necessary hardware to communicate with their new screen so that I could make use of the existing system that the builder installed but also add the features that I wanted to. They were a little more involved than just coming to my house, installing a screen and a cup of glass break protectors. I got the support and knowledge that I needed. Everybody seemed to know exactly what they were talking about. So, it was impressive.

The only thing that didn't go supremely is that I had ordered some hardware, which I received, but the doorbell camera was too wide for the space I had available on my house. So I had to return that camera. Link has contacted me a couple of times about the replacement but I've not had time to take a look at it. But that wasn’t their fault nor mine. That was just one of the crazy things in life. They've made this easy and the return was managed well.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

The Link system was offered through Costco, originally, and I'm a big fan of Costco. Secondarily, it allows for home automation without any added fees to be able to use the full home automation features. Many of their competitors charge extra fees to use home automation. Recently, I upgraded my system and I had a tremendous experience. I got somewhat lucky and ended up with the sales manager on my call. He was extremely helpful. It was a complicated transaction and he made sure that it went perfectly smoothly.

The systems are very intuitive. There are parts that most of it you can do on your own. But there are some things that you have to call tech support for. Most times, unless they have a really high call demand, usually you're able to get through pretty quickly. The technicians are very knowledgeable to be able to walk you through any troubleshooting or do any of the steps that they have to do on their end. It's been very reliable. I've only had one kind of unexplained false alarm in five years. Overall, I'm very pleased. Link Interactive is easy to deal with, responsive, and overall high quality.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Everything with Link has been so far, so good. I had I had Brink's. I just changed providers. I need a system for my business. I had one in my house and even though I was a Brink's customer for years, they wouldn't give me a month-to-month or no contract on the business. They want a three-year contract. I'm not willing to do that. I said, "I'm gonna go get another provider. I'm gonna end the contract on my residence as well.” I found Link Interactive who was able to take on the equipment that I had and moved my residence and added the second account for my business.

The installation went very well. The installers were there for three or four hours setting up everything and moving the services from the previous company to this company. They got me through calling the other company and how to close out that account and made sure that they liberated the IMEI cards and moving it out. One point in time, there was something that the person that moved it couldn't figure out. So, we did a three-way call to alarm.com and we resolved it. It was really good. I'm very excited about the features in my system. I have everything that I wanted and more.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Link Interactive is a quick and easy service. Once I contacted them, I found they were super fast. I ordered my system at around 3 o'clock Eastern Time. By the afternoon of the next day, I had already received all of their equipment. Currently, there is one thing about their system where we get confused. I thought the system was already activated but it wasn't. It was only in testing mode. One day, we had a false alarm but we didn't have any call. When I figured it out, Link's reps told me that was a test call and that I needed to confirm with them.

Link has a gentleman named Harry whom I work with and he has been wonderful. I email him and he is on things. We had a problem about a trigger and once it surfaced, we had the ability to resolve it. Additionally, Link needs to develop their auto call system. I've already been called by a gentleman and I keep getting two or three calls within the day. Plus, Link charged me twice. They refunded me with a check but they have to be very careful as the first impression of a company is the last one.

Original review: July 16, 2020

It was between having somebody else install it for multiple times of it, versus what I actually could do for myself. The system wasn't terribly that hard to put in. It was pretty darn easy. I'm very satisfied with Link. Their customer service is some of the best customer service I've seen in any market segment. They don't rush you off the phone. The staff was immediately on top of any of the hiccups or issues that you may have had. They’re patient and they didn't make you feel like an idiot when you’re dealing with technology. I know they’re dealing with different levels of expertise with people, but they walk you through and they know how to resolve the issues. There was maybe one thing that they said, “Let me get back to you.” There wasn't a decision tree that they were going off of.

I spoke with several different specialists in Link and every single person that I dealt with was professional and polite and helpful and resolved my problem. It wasn't like one person couldn't resolve the problem. They had to push it up to the next level. They were in-house and they're probably local here to the US, which is by far in a way helpful when it comes to understanding and the communication was very, very easy. The salesperson was fantastic and the products are really good to begin with, so they were dealing with something really easy to sell. It's very expandable and very functional. It does everything that I want it to do. The cost was really, really affordable too.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

We looked at Vivint and what that would cost, and then looked at the Link and decided that it was a better way to go. I called them up on the phone and told them what equipment I wanted. They ordered it and I received it about seven days later as promised. I set it up myself. There were instructions in the box on what to do and when to do what. I like what I got. It's a two or three panel and I also have the recessed door sensors, which are nice. Then the camera is good out front.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I have trashy neighbors. Then I was gonna be out of town for a while, and my wife is pregnant. Signing up for Link Interactive was easy. I just chose a generic package and their system was a do-it-yourself kinda thing. I set it up before I left. And my wife is the one that has been using it. It seems to be working fine.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I moved to a new state. The customer service representative at Link was pretty attentive and I picked what I wanted. The functionality of the system was pretty easy. Mine won’t connect to WiFi currently, but other than that, it works. The smartphones feature is helpful as well. I'd recommend it to somebody.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

In the beginning, I was told that Link Interactive had the most flexibility with I could connect whatever kind of devices that I wanted to it. But I wish more things would've been included. Everything has to be bought up upfront. I wanted more cameras, but I didn’t feel like buying them. I don't really know much about smart home stuff, so I don't know what to pick out. I'm to the point of where I've done nothing. I almost actually cancelled. Another company was offering to buy out my contract for me to switch. I didn't end up going with them ‘cause I didn't want to do a five-year contract with them. They had a lot of good smart home options, but the sales guy got on my bad side.

We tried to DIY the Link system. We did the panel setup and all the sensors, but we didn't install the smoke detector yet or the doorbell. It was kinda hard to figure out when I actually didn't set up the system as my roommate was doing it. We couldn't get ahold of anybody, but they helped us, and we got the instruction for the wrong model.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Link Interactive was referred to us. We had a different system before and the technology is the same. We're actually using our old sensors from the prior company with our Link system. Overall, they both seemed to have really good customer service and service. Link's price was just much more competitive. Link gave us the same rate that the friends we got referred to Link by had, which was really a good rate. it's significantly less money per month.

Link's rep was awesome. He wasn't pushy. He was super nice, helpful and knowledgeable. He was a good guy. I did the installation myself. It was fine. We had problems with one sensor, but that sensor was old and needs to be replaced. So, I think it was malfunctioning. But other than that, the installation was pretty straightforward. As far as the system, the app's what I like the most. Overall, my experience has been great.

Link Interactive Company Information