Call toll free

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.61/5
Based on 1,938 ratings submitted in the last year
Visit Website

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Link Interactive offers a simple DIY installation with three straightforward plans. Although the equipment costs money upfront, the contracts are flexible and discounts may be provided.

PROS

• Crash and Smash technology
  • Flexible contracts
  • DIY installation

CONS

• Upfront equipment cost

Top Link Interactive Reviews

I was going through the internet and I found Link Interactive … I love my Link system, and I don't have any complaint. Since having it at home, we've been feeling a lot safer. I'm satisfied with Link Interactive and I'll recommend them.

Link Interactive has been a great company to work with ... We used to have a lot of mishaps with our old system where people would make mistakes and it would then trigger an alarm. But so far, the Link Interactive system has worked very well. It hasn't failed yet.

Link Interactive Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 20, 2020

I selected Link over ADT whose hardware features are really bad. Even their latest design isn't good. I did a DIY installation of our whole Link system and it wasn't bad. But it was a little fragmented in the fact that it comes from different people. There is a Link Interactive layer on top of the Alarm.com layer. Link Interactive is primarily the security call center that sells hardware while Alrm.com is the platform that runs things. But once I realized that, it was pretty straightforward.

I know that they let people install the systems themselves but they also have integrators that use their same system. I already had a security system in my house so I knew how I wanted it to work and I just reconfigured it. I was looking for cameras with POE on them and they gave me a list of cameras because it has to be a certain camera type based on the encryption. It was a little painful at initially getting it going but that was more of the hardware. It wasn't their hardware though but it was just hardware that they resell.

I had my package fully customized. I upgraded to the Qolsys panel, motion sensors, and two cameras. I've used the Alarm.com snap lines, like a tripwire, for detecting intruders. There are some pretty neat features that you can take advantage of. But a big weakness is their seams. Seams are more for automation and partitions are more for safety. They really haven't blended the two systems together well. But I'm sure they're working on it because there are features on the smartphone that are not available on the panel. It's just an integration problem and they haven't gotten there yet.

There are some initial things with Alarm.com and some functionality features that I would have liked to have. Initially, out of the box, there were some hardware problems with a door sensor and a motion sensor that they quickly replaced. After that, there were issues with the software from Alarm.com. I'd like some improvements of Alarm.com on the features that are on the smartphone but are not on the panel. My request there is for seams as opposed to partitions. It just makes life a whole lot easier for users. Link has been very helpful and that concern has been forwarded to Alarm.com.

We had an issue where my wife didn't arm the system correctly because of the issues with the Alarm.com software. The alarm went off and the response was very quick. We got called. We've tested the system and it works great now that I got two hardware things resolved. I just would like the feature part fixed. Alarm.com is huge from the security platform but they aren't that responsive.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2020

The city we live in has a very, very high crime rate, which is the main concern, and we have very nice items that we rather not have stolen or have to file thousands of insurance claims to replace. We've had different home security systems but Link's customer service is a lot better than other companies and their service is a lot cheaper. When we call in, we immediately get directed to customer service and we don't have to go through a huge automated system.

When I first spoke with their sales department, the guy asked me what made me choose Link and what was I looking for. The main thing is that he wasn’t trying to use pressured sales to make me want to choose Link. He gave me my options, he broke down pricing, and he answered all my questions. He even gave me the option to call back later if I wanted to if I wasn’t sure. The installation went very smooth. I did a system takeover. I was already previously using at home a lot of my equipment and it took a little long install, but that was something I was already expecting because there was so much equipment I had before. But besides that, it was very easy and when I called in to activate, they were quick to do it. The last time I called their customer service, they went above and beyond to help with my issue. They forgot to send out a part to me accidentally and they overnighted it to me.

Their system is very good quality. The equipment that I decided to go with was 2GIG, which is a company that’s been around for years, and I’m very happy with that. And the cost is extremely cheap. For the quality of service we receive for that, it's a match. Not very many companies could go match what Link can do. Our sense of security has improved a lot from other companies. We arm the system when we're home and when we go to work. We’re away from the house a lot. We always feel protected no matter what.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

My daughter and her son recently moved into her own apartment. We thought that a security system that looked at the doors would be a benefit and give her some more peace of mind. I researched four different companies and Link Interactive's rep was the first one to respond. She was able to answer questions and satisfy me that she knew what she was talking about. She also was able to support what I needed.

I did the installation myself based on all of the instructions. It went fine, once I finally figured out how I was gonna get everything installed. I turned on the system and it connected. I downloaded my phone apps and it logged in. I set up stuff and it seemed to go okay. However, it took me two extra days to get my camera connected because I didn't have the device ID information available right at hand. But I got it figured out. I own a technology company and felt comfortable enough to do the installation. I know what an IP address is, how to log on and how to make those kinds of things work. I don't know that the installation would be that easy for a normal person who doesn't have the same experience that I do.

The system seems to work and I'm okay with its quality. Anything that connects through the internet and actually works is always good to me. But I got an indoor camera and I said that I should be able to place it outside. I probably should've gotten an actual outdoor camera that I could aim instead of what I did, but it allows me to take a look to see what's going on outside of the house. But that's of less value to me than knowing that when she secures her unit, then it's secure for the night or day when she's gone. I would recommend Link Interactive to someone who has knowledge of and comfortable with connecting network devices. If not, I would suggest having a Link certified installer do the installation.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I just bought a house and the previous owner had Link here. An offer was made to keep the system and I picked up where the previous owner left off. I liked the idea of it because the system is accessible through the cellphone which is great. The price is amazing too. When I was in New York, the cost was almost double of what it is that I have to pay now.

I had Vivint prior to what I have now and ADT before that. I liked Vivint as it was good but I hated ADT. The only difference with my Link system now is the fact that I have my garage doors linked to the system, whereas I couldn't do that with my other system. I can open and control my doors. For me to do it with the other system, I would have had to get an electrician to rewire something which was weird.

The previous owner had everything linked and tied into the system. The best benefits I'm getting from it is the fact that I can control the garage door lights from my cellphone. But he didn't have the cameras set up to the system. I know it could be done but he had them done separately. He might have done it himself. He had the lamps set up too but when I plugged in one of the plugs and attached something, it didn't work. I'm assuming it may have to be programmed.

Other than that, I like the quality of the equipment. I like the idea too that I could lock and unlock the doors and turn off things from my cellphone. I love Link. When I called them and asked something, they handled it. I called and spoke with them in order to have my system programmed and to have them teach me how to use the system. That was fairly easy to do. The people over the phone kinda walked me through it. Everything went well. But I will have to call again and set up some things. If I do that, I'm gonna be in technology heaven.

Original review: April 23, 2019

With the way things are going around in this country, I gotta have videos going half the time or a security net. Plus, it is hard to get up to the door so I made a decision to buy a security system. I went with Link Interactive as it was on Facebook. I was able to interact well with their sales and customer service rep. He was very knowledgeable about what he had to say to me and very well knew what he doing. He did a really good job explaining everything. I installed the system and all I had to do was mount it to the outside. It was a very easy installation. I made sure also there is power to it and the wires were drawn to each other and plugged in the electricity for the internet. The instructions were not the best but it was done one thing at a time then I got power to the camera doorbell. I got everything hooked up but all I gotta do is get strong enough WiFi so I can do it. I thought it can go through the phone, but it won't work.

I was also looking for a camera and they said that the camera they got now needs to be hooked up to the WiFi. Another thing, when the doorbell rings, I can see the inside camera working but I need a doorbell for the outside too. Once I get a strong WIFI, it should work. Other than that, everything else is working. And once I get it going, it would be great because I know who is at the door. The equipment lights up good and everything is very well. I like that it is easy and slim. Moreover, the equipment’s quality is good and the cost is so good in relation to the quality. So far, my sense of security has been pretty much the same since having Link security system as there are people coming in and out all the time. People will notice when they see the stuff. Overall, I'm satisfied with Link Interactive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: March 27, 2020

My neighbor had Link so I did whatever he said. He installed my system for me then when I called customer service, it was lovely and easy. I bought the smartphone option and it was $5 extra. I set it up on my phone but I have yet to use it. That aside, the system seems to be working fine and it's easy.

Original review: March 23, 2020

We wanted a home security system for our house and I chose Link Interactive because they offered the best equipment at the best price. Their representatives were good, and the installation was simple and straightforward. The quality of the equipment is very good, too. I customized the package and got the right amount of doors and window sensors. We had an issue with one sensor, but they sent me a new one. My house was broken into two years ago, and so Link Interactive has been a good sense of security. I feel a lot more secure now. Overall, it is simple and reliable.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I used to have ADT and I switched to Link because their cost was a little lower than ADT at that time. Both of them do the same as to monitoring service. The only difference is that Link is more DIY. The actual monitoring system is alarm.com and I’m still trying to figure out how it is part of Link Interactive. The website is fine. But their camera equipment is a little bit outdated. The picture is not clear so I had to use other brands.

Original review: March 18, 2020

The former owners had Link Interactive and we transitioned over. I filled out all the forms online, which was easy. Although it wasn’t Link Interactive, we had a similar alarm system at home through Alarm.com so it was really familiar for us. We are still getting used to the equipment. They said to call them to go through things, but when we called they were said that we were all set. No one walked through us even though we called. We gotta find the manual and read through it when we get a chance. We get notices that the door is opening all the time, which is probably good, but it's a lot.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I like the system. I have an Alarm.com in my home and wanted the system for my parents. My dad is a little older and has been leaving doors open, especially at night. That kinda triggers the alarm and it talks, which allows my mom to hear what doors are open. Plus, I set it so that if a door opens any time after 12:00 AM, the system would send out an alert team and also call on the phone. That way, my mom is aware. It has worked. Also, if my parents feel peace of mind if they leave the house, they can if they want to.

I got a self-install kit and I pretty much did everything on my own. And they also provided some support. I had a few issues with a few of the items, so I was on the phone with them. They helped me out with testing it. They could see and had more view on their end than I could see on mine. I had a couple of issues with the nodes. My dog chewed it up and I had to do a return exchange. They were gonna charge me for it, then they didn’t after that and I got it replaced. As far as customer service, I've called in and done a few emails with them and they’ve been responsive. Overall, Link Interactive has been a good company.

Link Interactive Company Information