Call toll free
4.61/5
Based on 1,898 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Link Interactive offers a simple DIY installation with three straightforward plans. Although the equipment costs money upfront, the contracts are flexible and discounts may be provided.

PROS

• Crash and Smash technology
  • Flexible contracts
  • DIY installation

CONS

• Upfront equipment cost

Top Link Interactive Reviews

I was going through the internet and I found Link Interactive … I love my Link system, and I don't have any complaint. Since having it at home, we've been feeling a lot safer. I'm satisfied with Link Interactive and I'll recommend them.

Link Interactive has been a great company to work with ... We used to have a lot of mishaps with our old system where people would make mistakes and it would then trigger an alarm. But so far, the Link Interactive system has worked very well. It hasn't failed yet.

Link Interactive Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

My daughter and her son recently moved into her own apartment. We thought that a security system that looked at the doors would be a benefit and give her some more peace of mind. I researched four different companies and Link Interactive's rep was the first one to respond. She was able to answer questions and satisfy me that she knew what she was talking about. She also was able to support what I needed.

I did the installation myself based on all of the instructions. It went fine, once I finally figured out how I was gonna get everything installed. I turned on the system and it connected. I downloaded my phone apps and it logged in. I set up stuff and it seemed to go okay. However, it took me two extra days to get my camera connected because I didn't have the device ID information available right at hand. But I got it figured out. I own a technology company and felt comfortable enough to do the installation. I know what an IP address is, how to log on and how to make those kinds of things work. I don't know that the installation would be that easy for a normal person who doesn't have the same experience that I do.

The system seems to work and I'm okay with its quality. Anything that connects through the internet and actually works is always good to me. But I got an indoor camera and I said that I should be able to place it outside. I probably should've gotten an actual outdoor camera that I could aim instead of what I did, but it allows me to take a look to see what's going on outside of the house. But that's of less value to me than knowing that when she secures her unit, then it's secure for the night or day when she's gone. I would recommend Link Interactive to someone who has knowledge of and comfortable with connecting network devices. If not, I would suggest having a Link certified installer do the installation.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I just bought a house and the previous owner had Link here. An offer was made to keep the system and I picked up where the previous owner left off. I liked the idea of it because the system is accessible through the cellphone which is great. The price is amazing too. When I was in New York, the cost was almost double of what it is that I have to pay now.

I had Vivint prior to what I have now and ADT before that. I liked Vivint as it was good but I hated ADT. The only difference with my Link system now is the fact that I have my garage doors linked to the system, whereas I couldn't do that with my other system. I can open and control my doors. For me to do it with the other system, I would have had to get an electrician to rewire something which was weird.

The previous owner had everything linked and tied into the system. The best benefits I'm getting from it is the fact that I can control the garage door lights from my cellphone. But he didn't have the cameras set up to the system. I know it could be done but he had them done separately. He might have done it himself. He had the lamps set up too but when I plugged in one of the plugs and attached something, it didn't work. I'm assuming it may have to be programmed.

Other than that, I like the quality of the equipment. I like the idea too that I could lock and unlock the doors and turn off things from my cellphone. I love Link. When I called them and asked something, they handled it. I called and spoke with them in order to have my system programmed and to have them teach me how to use the system. That was fairly easy to do. The people over the phone kinda walked me through it. Everything went well. But I will have to call again and set up some things. If I do that, I'm gonna be in technology heaven.

Original review: April 23, 2019

With the way things are going around in this country, I gotta have videos going half the time or a security net. Plus, it is hard to get up to the door so I made a decision to buy a security system. I went with Link Interactive as it was on Facebook. I was able to interact well with their sales and customer service rep. He was very knowledgeable about what he had to say to me and very well knew what he doing. He did a really good job explaining everything. I installed the system and all I had to do was mount it to the outside. It was a very easy installation. I made sure also there is power to it and the wires were drawn to each other and plugged in the electricity for the internet. The instructions were not the best but it was done one thing at a time then I got power to the camera doorbell. I got everything hooked up but all I gotta do is get strong enough WiFi so I can do it. I thought it can go through the phone, but it won't work.

I was also looking for a camera and they said that the camera they got now needs to be hooked up to the WiFi. Another thing, when the doorbell rings, I can see the inside camera working but I need a doorbell for the outside too. Once I get a strong WIFI, it should work. Other than that, everything else is working. And once I get it going, it would be great because I know who is at the door. The equipment lights up good and everything is very well. I like that it is easy and slim. Moreover, the equipment’s quality is good and the cost is so good in relation to the quality. So far, my sense of security has been pretty much the same since having Link security system as there are people coming in and out all the time. People will notice when they see the stuff. Overall, I'm satisfied with Link Interactive.

Original review: March 16, 2019

To provide protection for our home, I got Link. Their pricing and the capabilities that they provide were both of the requirements that I was looking for. Also, the smart features like the home automation stuff were part of the reason why I went with the system because I knew in the future that will be something that I'd be looking into doing. I ended up seeing two guys and they did a good job of explaining all the features that the company provided. They also answered all my questions thoroughly.

I had to self-install the system but the installation instructions weren't clear so I had to call. The lady I talked to walk me through the process. It took about three hours to get the system up and running. I'm pretty tech savvy so it was something that I was able to handle. It was something that I knew how to do and I knew what I was getting into. But I can imagine if there's someone who isn't the savviest on that kind of stuff, it could possibly be aggravating.

We like the wireless remote function that we have on the alarm.com app on our phones. Right now we just have it with simple alarm for when we're in the house or when we leave. Our system has fire detection too. We just moved into the house about two months ago so we're still trying to get settled in before we start doing some of the remote features like locks. So far, the system has been pretty good. We've had it for a little over a month now and we haven't had any issues.

We are definitely getting the bang for our buck with Link. I shopped around with other companies and I felt like part of the reason why I went with them was they are providing a lot of the features other companies are doing but at an economical cost. Link is a pretty good company. If anybody is in the market to purchase a security system, they should definitely reach out to Link.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I had a previous home security system which wasn't very good. Also, I needed some specific water sensors and things for a sump pump that a lot of other companies did not provide but Link Interactive had. Link was recommended as well by Angie's List and I've had pretty good luck with vendors from that website. Plus, Link had a set package that was on sale through Angie's List and I added a few things to that for my specific needs, so things worked out pretty well when I went with them. They even gave me a whole bunch more than what another place offered for the same amount of money. In fact, I got about three times the number of sensors and window sensors for the same price.

Aside from that, once I talked to Link on the phone, they seemed like they had their stuff together and the reps I talked to were really good. They worked up an estimate for me on what I needed to get and they programmed everything. Then they sent out all of the equipment and sensors just like they were supposed to and I only had to put them in myself. But the tough part was testing the sensors. For the windows, it was easy as I just had to open a window. But the testing for the ones for the smoke, heat, and freezing was a hassle to do. I had to do it though and I was essentially pulling out a match or a candle trying to get the smoke in there for the smoke sensor to set off. Then, I put the sensor in a refrigerator to make it cold and put it in water and other things. I also used the hairdryer for one of the sensors. In the end, testing of those sensors wasn’t that bad. It wasn't rocket science.

Other than that, everything about the system worked exactly as it was supposed to and since installing it, I'm immediately getting notified if there's a problem with a sensor or if somebody came in and didn't reset the system. The smartphone features have worked well, too. All in all, I have been satisfied with Link Interactive. When they said something would be delivered, it was there. They've been a good company to work with and I have recommended them to a couple of neighbors who are getting ready to replace their systems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Link Interactive set the device up for me and I installed it by myself, which was easy. I don’t like what it does on my phone though. I need to know exactly what I need to do because I’m not used to it. Nonetheless, everything’s good and I recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I have a home in Houston and Link was referred. I liked the one in Houston so I decided to get one for Jackson. It is so much better and more advanced. Plus the cost was very reasonable. I had an independent contractor set it up and I got to customize the package. The phone features are great. I turn the device on and off on there, too. Also, the reps are real responsive. They were there to help me through the process and it was a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I had some things come up missing in my garage. It’s one of those things where you know who got it but you can’t prove it, but with Link, I could prove it now. I don't always got it hooked up though. I had a little bit of a computer problem and I'm waiting on my hooker-upper to come back. But it seems to be working when I have it working. Everybody’s 100% on helping me out.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Link Interactive is only adding a very normal capability right now. I’m still not able to pair it with my Z-Wave locks, which I have already installed in the house. I tried contacting Link Interactive a couple of times, but I’m not getting a concrete answer whether these are incompatible with their system. Because with the other service provider, they have that one and it’s working great. So, we're not able to move out from the other service provider, because the systems are not able to communicate with the Link Interactive module.

I have a self-monitoring system. I have the Nexia, which automates all my doors and locks, which works on a different technology. I have several locks and they are all automated. The system has the light controls too, the motion detectors, fire detection and water leakage detector. There is also something called a Z-Wave technology. It is like a common technology platform connected to all these devices. In fact, my Alexa is also connected through that. So, if I ask Alexa to do something, I can just talk to the Alexa.

My self-monitoring system do more than Link Interactive. I have several different people, like the cleaner. He comes in the house and I have created his account so he can open certain locks and he can actually get inside the house and do the cleaning, which is next to impossible in the Link Interactive, because it’s all connected in the home automation system. So, that’s one of the issues, because I’m not able to move forward from my old to the new platform because it really doesn’t cope up. It doesn’t connect.

Also, there is something called a multi-user interaction. So, in the Nexia, I can create up to 10 people with different code numbers. So, 10 people can be allowed into the home and they can use their own codes, and I can customize their access. So, I don’t give the access to the cleaner to get into the garage because the garage does not require the cleaning, so he cannot actually go into the garage. But he can go to the other rooms for the cleaning stuff. There is also something like the guest mode, so that means I can remotely open my doors. If any guest comes into my home and I don’t want to give them any code number or anything, I can just open the locks remotely through anywhere.

When I got the Link Interactive, they told me that it is going to be compatible with those. But I’m not even able to pair any of them as of now. Link Interactive security system is like an old school. It just have a magnetic something. So, I have not moved on to the Link Interactive as of now. I told them, “This is all what I want you to move from the old one to the new one because then I can save some money.” Otherwise, there is no point of having two different things. So, my old system takes care of the door locks. But if I put my security system on the alarm, on the active mode, even though if the authorized user enter the home, it will actually switch on the alarm because it doesn’t understand.

These are third-party modules, but till this time, it has not been paired. I cannot even go into the other option to see what capability Link Interactive is providing me till the time that it’s not even paired any one of the locks. So, that’s where the problem is. It’s not able to even pair with the Link Interactive system. I wanna see who is the other service provider who can actually accommodate all of my current system and take it over rather than I have to really move it.

The system didn't work the first time. I was at work then, probably like midnight. I worked with them, and they were telling me that something is wrong with my system. Ultimately, they found that something is wrong with their configuration and they had to sort it out. So, my first impression was like, “Okay. So, you sent me something which was not configured properly,” even though I gave them all the information, what they requested me to take over the entire system, what I have currently. But they misconfigured the system, so it didn't work at all. It was showing different messages, which is not even there. For an example, “The battery is poor,” and there was no battery involved in the entire system. But I can say that the support was good. They were with me for several hours, but they found out that the issue is from their side, not from my side.

Furthermore, they do not have the professional installment, just do it yourself. So, even though I can say it’s not complicated, but because they were telling me that something is wrong with my system, I had to really spend a lot of time. It took time for them to understand, “Oh, this is not my system. This is their system,” but in order to get into that point, I had to do so many things, so many changes. I literally spent lost time, what I was not supposed to spend. If they had sent out professionals to install that system, then they would have the entire control of the configuration, they’d know exactly what I’m trying to tell them. It’d be a different experience altogether when someone professionally comes out to your door and completes the stuff versus you’re trying to figure it out, whether you did it right or I did wrong.

And there was a time when they were saying “No, I think there is something wrong with your old system and we really cannot work with your old system.” So, even though they told me that it’s a DIY and that it’s very simple, and that they'll tell me step-by-step how to do things, but because their configuration was set up wrong, their system cannot understand whether it is right because their configuration was wrong in their side. And then they reprogrammed it. Once they reprogrammed it, everything started working.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I wanted to feel safe at home, and I have three teenagers that I didn’t want to get out without my knowledge. I was robbed twice as a kid in our home. So at my adult life, I had never not have a security system. The Link equipment is nice. I like it. Their people are super accommodating and super nice. Anything I need, they go above and beyond. If they don’t know the answer, they go find it out. They’ve been great. I did the installation and it was super easy. The only thing I had difficulty with was one camera. The picture was upside-down, and I called in. It was a flip of the switch on their end. But the window sensors were all super easy to install. It talks to you the whole time. Every time I would take it on and put it up, it would tell me like, “Door open. Door closed. Door open.”

All alarm systems in general have gone way up since the last time that we purchased. So I was happy to find Link, and that they were a little more cost-effective than a lot of the others. But they should include an external alarm that you can put outside the house, because the main keypad is the only one that makes noise whenever it goes off. And sometimes, it would be hard to hear, like when we are sleeping in our master bedroom. Our room happens to be far away from the keypad. So in the night, I wouldn’t hear the warning beeps before the loud alarm.

Link Interactive Company Information