toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Link Interactive

We're happy to hear that you are enjoying your system and that it is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve! Thanks for all your feedback and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever have any questions.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

We liked that we could install Link Interactive ourselves and we had the ability to work with it online. They also have a very good customer service. I was really pleased that we were notified immediately when we had an incident where the alarm was triggered and we weren’t home. We happened to be nearby and by the time we got home, the police were already there. That made me feel really good and confident in their services. I’d recommend them.

Link Interactive

You deserve the best and we are happy to give you just that! Thanks for being a part of our family and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

We have Link Interactive as home security for over a year now. It's cost-effective and they have great customer service. They are easy to get a hold of and to communicate by e-mail or phone call. We have a camera in our system that I can check on and I get emails when the alarm is set and when it's turned off. It's kind of cool to be able to keep an eye on what's going on. We're pretty happy that we've reached them. It's a great alternative to the traditional alarm system.

Link Interactive

It's great to hear that you are enjoying your system and loving that smartphone app! Thanks for being a great customer.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2016

Link Interactive is easy to use and my experience in having it has been pretty good. I ordered it online and received the package, had all the information I needed to install everything and get it started, so installation went smooth and easy. Most people would be able to know to install it right after they receive the package. And now I have a lot less worry because if anything goes on, I get notifications through the app on my phone, which is nice to have.

I wanted to have a company that has the 24 hours a day monitoring. There are a lot of security systems out there where it would ring up a central station if an alarm went off but that's all it would do. It wouldn't go outside of my house to inform anybody else. I got Link Interactive and I like the fact that I have the panic button. I just got divorced and my ex is not being civil, so I wanted that panic button. I got it set up for emergency services and it will immediately text my parents’ phone if I press the button.

With Link and any other security company, it goes back to the main stations and then they call the owner to make sure the system’s not accidentally tripped. But with Link, it makes a loud, audible sound for me and the system sends a text message to my mom’s phone and she knows that she’s immediately to call the cops. So if I were to accidentally trip it, I would call my mom right away. So that cuts out the middleman and I can get the police at my home much quicker.

Another thing that I like is that I can set up the alarm on my own and I’m in control of the passwords, instead of having a person come into my home and set up the passwords. I like the fact that it has ‘Z-Wave’ technology so that I can hook up other things to the Link Interactive system. The last thing that I like is that Link Interactive doesn't operate off of a Wi-Fi and that a phone line can be attached. A lot of alarm systems can be disabled using a signal scrambler. Link operates off of the same technology for cell phones. But we're not getting charged for the cell phone fee.

However, Link Interactive advertises that anybody can install the system, but it can’t. Their instructions were not concise and not clear at all. They were nonexistent. I called their technical support number and they were unable to answer the questions I had. On their motion detector, all they have is a diagram and it was incorrect. It shows the placement of the screws prior to the unit being placed on the wall but they fall away from the wall based on the design because you hang them up. Link Interactive recommends six to seven feet up the floor so they tilt and can see everything on the floor. But the instructions on the placement of the screws are upside down. So if I do it exactly per the diagram, you'd hang it so that it doesn't tilt forward and get the floor area because if you’re going to have motions, it's more than likely going to be on the floor as opposed to four feet in the air and above. So that was one issue.

Then the design of the sensors that they have for the windows is horrible. They have a little flimsy plastic part. I have to take them apart then attach the one piece to the frame or the window, depending on how it's being installed, and then I have to put them back together. But taking them apart, on two of the four window sensors I received, they broke. And I was being gentle with them. So on two of them, I’m using a little piece of tape to hold the units together. Because if they're not together fully, even though the batteries aren’t in them, they will ring up the alarm central station that they're not activated. It would have been nice to have it designed in such a way that that little plastic tab wouldn't break off.

But I was able to figure everything out because I work in a very technical field so it wasn’t a huge issue to me but it’s one thing that Link should improve upon. Their instructions need to be written out in a better format and reviewed by customers so that the average consumer can readily install the equipment. All in all, I would recommend Link Interactive.

Link Interactive has more hardware that’s able to work with it. It doesn't lock people into their hardware only, and that was a major feature. It was a little more expensive than some others, but on the higher side of the ones I was looking at, it was certainly reasonable. The installation was quite straightforward. The most difficult pieces were some of the door sensors because of the trim I have at this house and how I designed it. It was a little bit more difficult to get them installed appropriately, so it required a little more drilling and work than I had maybe anticipated but nothing insurmountable. I like the DIY aspect of it and the ability to customize and piecemeal the items that made sense now and the ability to expand on that later. Overall, my experience was very pleasant and it was easy to get things up and running.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

My friend has Link Interactive system and he and his wife like it so I went with them. The interactions I had with their reps have been good. My friend does installation stuff so he installed the system for me and taught me how to use it. Overall, it has been a good experience and I'd recommend them.

I've been using Link Interactive for about 30 days. They had a good price and the sales, there was relatively little pressure. Installing the device has been fine and everything was pretty easy. Their reps were all very nice and courteous.

The installation of the Link Interactive system wasn't that hard once I got started, but the directions were not clear how to do it. Once somebody got on the phone, we talked through it and it was okay. Every time we've talked to their reps, they've been helpful.

The installation of the Link Interactive system was time-consuming and tedious, but that wasn't anything that they caused. Everything was easy to understand, but there were some things that could have been a little more user-friendly. The instructions say to put screws in the wall when they could probably accomplish it with a double-sided tape to make it a little easier. Also, the siren for the alarm wasn't loud enough because it comes through the panel and the panel’s on the other side of the house. I asked what my options were and they offered me a Z-Wave siren. When I received it, I found that it had a limited range and needed to be close to the panel, which defeats the purpose. Then they told me about another type of wireless external siren, but they didn't offer it and I'd have to go buy it from a third party. I was a little disappointed they didn't offer a better solution for that.

Right from the beginning, I appreciate Link Interactive's willingness to send me a different transformer since that was a big deal. There’s one that ships out with the alarm panel, only it's one of those that just plugs into the wall and I plug the cord into the back of the unit. What I’d really like is to be able to hook it up the same way I had my ADT panel which requires a transformer that I can just put the 24 or 15 volts over the network, and they agreed and they sent me one. I’m very happy so far and I'd definitely recommend them.

Link Interactive's system is great and I love it. I like that I can add things to it and that it's all wireless. And it's so easy to install a five-year-old could do it. All the instructions were detailed and in 10 minutes, I had everything installed and ready to go. I feel we're more secure now and I use the system at the house but I still haven't armed it yet. I'm waiting about a month or until I get completely used to it before I arm it so I won't be making any mistakes. Also, the guy that I purchased the equipment from at the home show in Rayleigh was very knowledgeable and very friendly.

A trusted friend from my block has Link Interactive and referred them. It was easy to install, and we've been using them for three months already. We had an issue with the SkyBell, but they quickly sent us out a new one. I've called their customer service and they helped me set up some semi-specifics of my system easily. They've been great.

Link Interactive's customer service was a lot better than some others that I called. They're much more knowledgeable about the products, how I installed, and what I needed based on what I told them I wanted. With all the other companies, there was a bunch of things they didn't cover which Link did. Moreover, with Link Interactive, everything was easy to work with during the installation. If there was a component that didn't work, they sent a new one right out to me. And everything was all set up, and ready, and labeled, and I just had to stick it where it's supposed to go. Any time I've wanted to change settings, I'd give them a call and I get somebody on the phone right away and they knock it out within a few minutes.

Resolution In Progress

Link Interactive

We are sorry to hear about these issues you are having. I am confident we are able to resolve these problems. I have sent a request to have you contacted. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I was searching for good reviews for an alarm system and found Link Interactive. I liked their monthly price. However, I have failures right now in the system and I haven't gotten a phone call from them informing me about it. I feel like I'm in the air with this and that if my alarm will go off, the company will not call me in any way. I used to have ADT and if a sensor will go off or will have a failure, they will call me right away.

Also, I was told that by buying the motion sensors, it will be cheaper than me putting sensors in the windows. What I was not told is that I would need sensors in the windows because once I'm in the house, I cannot use the motion sensors. I got to have sensors in the windows in case somebody wants to break in while I'm inside the house and they didn't think about that. The seller didn't tell me that so I was forced to buy window sensors. I would have preferred to buy all window sensors at the beginning instead of having motion sensors in the house.

Then when I called them because one of the sensors was having a failure, they kept saying it's the windows because they're metal. To me that's a straight-out bad customer service because nine out of ten houses have windows that are metal and glass. It will be useless to have windows made of wood or aluminum because anybody can break in. But I believe 100% that it is a bad sensor and they just don't want to replace it because it will cost them money. It has warranty and I cannot get a replacement. They campaign for cheap service but I have to go through the struggle to get a replacement. So I'm not sure what I'm paying for right now. I'm kind of at a rough end, I already spent more than $500 in sensors, and I have to continue with this service because I bought the sensors. It's not like I can sell them back to the company. It is a frustrating service and it's more like a utility bill now.

I went through Alarm.com and Link Interactive was one of the companies that provided equipment for my area. The installation was okay. However, I'm not quite clear on how everything works together or how the system is as a whole. I haven't sat down and figured it out yet, and that's pretty much my only holdup. Link supplies the equipment and then Alarm.com does the monitoring. That's interesting because when I had a question about my equipment and I called Alarm.com, they were completely not helpful because that's not their lane. I have no idea how things would be accomplished with this setup.

I've had used Link Interactive for two months now. Their equipment is comparable to other security providers but for a better price. The set up is pretty simple and they were quick to call when we had trouble with our motion detector going off when we first installed it. I had recommended them to a cousin of mine.

One of our friends recommended Link Interactive and so far, our experience with them has been good. It was easy installing the system but I need to still have a couple of talks with them. I don't know how to do disarm the system if the alarm goes off. They give me a minute to get out but it doesn't work. Nevertheless, I am satisfied with Link Interactive.

The cost and the ratings were two deciding factors I went with Link Interactive. Everyone was helpful during installation. It was good and I had no problems. I got the basic system running now and I still have some more work to do but I haven't had the time.

I have used Link Interactive as home security provider for a month and a half now. The whole reason why I got it is because I have a child in the house and I just wanted to make sure that everything is safe in the house because we have so many doors. Sometimes he just go downstairs, he pull doors. I feel lot safer with them. However, we had an issue with the thermostat and we ended up paying for someone to come fix it. Now the heater is working fine. Our friend also says that the issue sometimes will say "Bypass", but then there's nothing wrong with the door. But so far, it's all right. Our experience with Link Interactive is not great, but it's okay.

I was looking for a security company online, went through a couple and chose Link. I wasn't looking for any extensive security and they were affordable. My dad and I had a hard time getting the system installed. We called them a couple of times and the service is good.

I was searching for new deals for our house and went with Link Interactive because of the do-it-yourself installation and the cost. It was great. The installation of the security device was easy and done in 5 minutes. I called the team at Link Interactive when I had questions and they were helpful.

It's working good with Link Interactive. The installation of the system was a lovely experience. I stuck the little stickers on the doors and the windows then plugged it in and it was wonderful. And the team at Link Interactive was very nice offering to help and they did help. I appreciate all the good service from them. If I know anybody else that needs alarm, I'd definitely recommend Link Interactive to them.

I love the flexibility of the Link Interactive system both in terms of ease of installation and the fact that I could add a variety of Z-Wave components to it on my own. I also like the pricing which I thought was fantastic. Those two really weighed heavily in their favor. I've had a variety of security systems in the past so I have a lot of information to compare with what they had to offer. I had the complete system and all the sensors have been provided. When I installed it, I had the entire system up and running in about less than an hour. I had a couple of doors that were a little difficult but the installation went very smoothly and the process was very simple. It's a great system and I highly recommend it. Also, I've contacted them once and they were able to answer questions and help me very quickly.

I travel out of town a little bit and I wanted to get a security system. Link Interactive was the better deal and installing the system wasn't overly hard. However, I thought the cameras were battery backed up, but they don't appear to be. If my power went out, I wouldn't have any cameras which was disappointing. Aside from that, I had a little issue with the payment too. But overall, I've been pretty satisfied with Link Interactive. I called customer service a couple of times asking something and they were all good.

We received our equipment and had questions regarding some of the set up. Kaite was very helpful in getting our system set up. The documentation included with equipment could be a better for DIY installation, but customer service is great.

It's been great, so far with Link Interactive. It was easy installing the system because my brother-in-law came and helped me. I've had to make a couple of phone calls with the different things and the Link Interactive team has been helpful. They've been great. I would recommend them to other people.

Link Interactive's price made me choose them. Their team was very helpful, too. The only difficult part of its installation was the doorbell camera's setup, and I don't know why I'm still having problems with it.

Installing the Link Interactive system was relatively easy and the instructions were very clear. The people I spoke with were friendly and I feel safer and worry less since I got them. I like the fact that it will text me if the alarm is deactivated or anything like that so I have a peace of mind. I also like the fact that I have the app and everything that I can use. It's really working pretty well so far.

Link Interactive was the best setup that we could have bought. They have a much updated console, which is the brain of any home security system. It's all touchscreen, which is pretty neat in terms of displaying the weather. There’s also the fact that the control panel has a two-way voice. That was something we thought was pretty handy because if something happens, instead of me going and searching for my phone, I can go over to the control panel and have the things communicated. The other factor was they had this integration with Alarm.com. My wife and I control everything through phones. Their price was also very competitive.

My first interaction with them was with Nick and he was amazing. I still interact with him for small questions and he has been great in answering all my questions and that was one of the very positive impressions I got about Link. I got such a personalized service from him and he always looked into the right team whenever any questions need to be answered.

This is our first home security system so obviously we were a little charmed by how all these things work. But we feel a little more secure in the sense that it's always safe. The other day a contractor was here and he left the keys somewhere. Then he told us they were going and I could see that the doors were all locked so everything is seamless. It's a significant investment and so far it's good. The only lowlight is the notion of the three-year contract, which was the one thing that was kind of straying us away from them.

Link Interactive is awesome. We use ADT at work and they couldn't do what I want with cameras so I didn't go with them, and also, they are using a landline. I didn't have a landline at the time so I needed a cellular service. I then did a Google search, and I found Link and contacted them. Mitch sent me an email back and we talked on the phone. He helped me out and educated me, and I was very pleased. I was impressed because of the age of the company, I'm dealing with all the sites that are monitored in the U.S. and they're not off-shore. In fact, that sold me. Also, their price was really fair.

The people at Link are always willing to help me when I call and that is very impressive. The girl that helped me set the system up was phenomenal. She walked me through everything. It took us 15 minutes after I put on everything that I needed to and then she walked me through the controller, and everything was good to go. Next week I'll bring the cameras online because I'll finally have a phone line up here. They’ll walk me through that and I should be good to go. I hope that goes easy as well.

It's been nice dealing with Link. It's a pleasure dealing with people that I can talk to and are willing to help. Whoever owns it should keep it up because they got a great thing going. My house will be built next year so this system is going to go in my house. I'll have to put a repeater or an extension so it reaches my building. I'm going to arm my house with a camera. I have no complaints. It's a great service, and I greatly appreciate it. In addition, my partner bought his whole system for his house from Link. I recommended them to him.

Link Interactive Company Profile