Call toll free
4.63/5
Based on 1,679 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1679 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I decided that I wanted to have some security. My brother purchased from Link Interactive and he recommended them to me. Their salesperson was the best. He was super knowledgeable, helpful, and really great to work with. I also called Link Interactive back on a couple of occasions because I needed to add some equipment and the woman I talked to didn’t seem to be as knowledgeable about things. But she was very thorough and would look things up and find out, then tell me the answers because I had a lot of questions.

I did the installation of the system myself and a person from Link Interactive walked me through on the phone. They made it really easy. I’m more verbal and I knew that they would walk me through it so I went that route. The lady I spoke to had a manual in front of her so she was looking at it as I was talking about it and how could we troubleshoot things. Then she got help from someone about something. I was surprised because I was a little nervous about how the installation was gonna work while were doing it over the phone. But they were super helpful and resolved things they needed to resolve.

Because of the noise that my dogs make, I'd set the system to be on Armed Away. Then I'd leave it and the glass break sensors would go off. We disabled that but it seems that they still go off. So when I leave, I do Armed Stay. On the weekend, the people at the Link Interactive main office aren’t there. That was when the system was new and I was trying to find out why was the alarm going off and it keeps happening. The people from Link Interactive said I had to talk to someone in the office on Monday because they were not there. But they gave me a resolution and someone followed-up with me, so it was fine.

Then I was ordering some products and we determined what I was ordering. However, I changed my bank account so the card I had on file didn’t go through so the people at Link Interactive couldn’t process the order. It took a week to get back and get it done. But that was probably my fault. Then, the product I needed wasn’t available anymore. I was getting a B-stock and somebody sold them in the meantime since my card didn’t work out. So now, I have to wait until they get more B-stock to get the window sensors that I wanted because I couldn’t pay the full price and I need to call them back to check into that B-stock. I also ordered cameras and I gotta find someone to help me get those installed.

Also, the Link Interactive smartphone feature is good. But I'd like to be able to see when my doors are opened and closed and I can't see that on the app. I can log in to Alarm.com and see more information though. When the Link Interactive app says, “Front door open,” it gives the current status but if I wanna look at the history of when things happened, I have to go to the main website and it would be nice to have that on the app. Maybe it is on the app and it could be a user error, so I need to look at the app a little more. Other than that, I feel better since I got Link Interactive and I recommended them to my friend who bought a system as well.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I bought a new home and I wanted to feel safe. I liked Link Interactive's price and I went with them. When I ordered my equipment, I got just one keyfob but they sent me two. I called them about it and their rep repeated my order but in the end, they still charged me for two keyfobs and never sent me the return information for the other one. I ended up keeping the extra one and I let my sister have it. Then, I knew I had to install everything myself but the instructions were not clear. I stayed in contact with them and they had to send me videos and this and that. But I have an old home, so I have a lot of molds around my doors and it took me a while to get the equipment up for that. Also, I'm still not hooked up and I still don’t have my motion detectors up.

All in all, I have not had a good experience with Link Interactive at all and I'm frustrated. They only tell you you don’t need tools and stuff to hook up your system, but you have to. Plus, they say that they the equipment is stick-on, but the actual motion detector is not a stick-on. So, I would tell others that I wouldn't bother with Link Interactive.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

The apartment complex that I’m currently staying in had multiple break-ins in broad daylight and I was not feeling safe because my wife and daughter are at home. So I went and started shopping for a security system which is most suitable for the apartment. I found Link Interactive more reasonable with the services that they offered and after reading through multiple reviews, I found them within the budget that I had. Also, I had an interaction with one of their consumers who was very helpful and kind in helping me zero down what would be ideal for my house and at the price point that was offered.

Then during the installation, I didn’t have any issues except that the equipment was not sticking on to the foam. So far, I'm liking the system and my experience with it has been good. Though I haven’t started using everything that has been offered, the system is working perfectly. I use its smartphone features and I arm and disarm the alarm using the app very frequently.

Link's customer care reps have been extremely helpful, too. I was getting to a two-year contract to get a better rate and I wish my rate would have been a lot more cheaper on the hardware cost considering it is a two-year contract that I’ve been tied on to. Other than that, I'm kinda happy as of now. Also, I did a referral to my friend and he got Link Interactive as well.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I had another security system before and they were great. But Link had a feature that allowed at least a camera to take a picture of something in an area that doesn’t have Wi-Fi, so I switched. I got a property that has like a farmhouse situation where it doesn’t have Wi-Fi and I would like to find out if a cat walked by in an area.

So far, my experience with Link Interactive has been terrific. Their reps were very knowledgeable, professional, and answered my questions. Then I did the installation and it was pretty easy. I only had a couple of motion sensors, so I just set them where I needed them. With Link Interactive, I somehow get a security where I could view what is going on without Wi-Fi and I don’t know how that is possible. After the camera takes a picture, it is automatically sent to my phone. The system is doing what it is supposed to do and it is a little less expensive than my previous company, which I was pleasantly surprised with. Also, I use the smartphone features and when I have people coming and going, or when I’m not available to be there, I can activate and deactivate the alarm always through that. I feel a lot more comfortable with the security system and I would recommend Link.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I've had other security systems with other homes and then I got Link because they are a DIY system. The service plan is good and Link ties into the Alarm.com Ecosystem pretty well. Whether it's on the sales side or the customer service side, people are pretty knowledgeable about the hardware and the software that we're dealing with, so I thought that that was impressive. The people seemed to know the business quite well and if they don't know something they have the access to people who do.

However, security systems have become driven by a combination of different communication methods such as WIFI, cellular or even radio frequency. This isn't Link's fault but I'm experiencing some difficulty with that, because of it being a rural location. Some components that run off the WI FI are pretty good, because we have a good WIFI system there but then the cellular signal is not so great maybe because of the structure of the home so we have some challenges to communicate with centers and things like that. I'm trying to work through that and Link has been helpful. Operationally the system is not where it needs to be but overall Link has been a good experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We had a home invasion so we got Link Interactive for safety measure. I explored a few different options and what I liked about Link is that we could customize what we needed, based on where we live and our needs. There was also an option for a camera and window sensors - one of the things I looked at. They were really trying to push the doorbell, which for our condo, just wouldn't work.

The only thing I really liked was the representative that helped me, Joseph. He really spent time speaking to me, really going through everything even when I had follow up questions. The customer service is also big piece of why I went with Link, because it was such an emotional purchase. We had a little delay hooking up the camera because of the damage to our house. When my husband finally set it up, the representative that helped him was really patient because we had some problems.

We still have a problem with one camera that's being resolved and the rep was like the most patient person ever. For some people it's a frustrating experience to install a system that you don't know what you're doing so it takes a special person. The only downside is because we live in the city of Boston and we live in a busy street. We went through our data and just a few hours of the system being activated so I wish I had known a little bit more about that. We're not in the suburbs where we might have motion a couple of times a day so we ended up having to upgrade our program and spending more money. We also have to buy a backup device.

I've shown the camera images to the other three tenants in our building and they couldn't believe the quality. For an outdoor home security camera, it's really good. That's really important because if you need to get a picture of someone it has to be clear. So, I was really amazed with the technology. We also have the app on our phones. My husband also has it set up, where he can look online. We like it. We were away last weekend and I said, "Oh, let's see what's happening at home." We had a lot of dogs and someone's dogs peed on our front steps.

We feel more secure since having Link. Having the camera, gives us an added relief after the home invasion. We have a few last things to get worked out like

even when we tried to get someone to remotely help us fix this camera, the camera is still faulty. But I'm confident that the folks that we need to help us, will help us because we've had that experience, so far.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I moved and there was already a two gig system here in place. I used Link security in the past and was familiar with them so I called the sales group when I first had a contract for the house. There was some additional information they needed once I own the house and could get and look at some of the details on it. There were some couple items in the panel that needed to be upgraded and a couple of additional accessories that I needed, and they helped through that purchase, so they're really good. I installed the system myself and It was pretty simple. The instructions they gave were clear.

The features of the system were decent and were mostly for added security. The equipment was the existing one that was here in the house. If I was starting, I would have bought some of the newer panels that were available. There were also convenient features like chime for the garage door so I could shut it if I'm not there and the system could warn me. The monitoring services is on par as well. The Alarm.com app that Link leverages is good and probably one of the better apps that I've seen for home alarm systems. We also use a lot of Nest products here at the house and currently, there's no integration between Link and Nest. That would probably one of the biggest features I would want if it was available.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I was looking for a home security system. In the past, I had ADT for several years. Then, I moved from Florida to North Carolina and I did some research online and Link Interactive was one of the top three. Also, the price was good and there were no equipment charges and fees that I would have to pay so, I went with them. I did the installation myself which was easy. I found that if it’s a magnet on a window sensor, it starts acting a little funny. So, they had to send me some Styrofoam to attach it on so it kinda lights up right and it doesn’t throw the sensor off. But other than that, it was pretty self-explanatory on how to install. They had some good YouTube videos in case I got confused or wanna make sure I was doing it right and those helped me as well.

I like the fact that I got the doorbell video camera, which is nice. There was a thermostat which I ended up giving back, but I like that they had that as an option. It didn’t cost me a bunch of extra money and it looked like it was a lot of things that were pretty secure instead of just the basics. Also, it seems like it’s very user-friendly. The emails come as soon as something goes on from even touching the alarm, to turning it off, to putting it stay or away.

I read that the customer service can be a little iffy but I haven’t had any problems with them. They’ve been pretty responsive with everything. They will send you a replacement without any issues and they’re supposed to be sending me one of the replacement to one of my window sensors that I had to send back. Anybody that wants to save some money instead of paying high fees for a company like ADT or anything to do with external monitoring but do the same job would benefit from using this.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Things have been good with Link Interactive. When I moved in, there was a home security system already installed in the house, and I was looking for someone to monitor it. Link provided the same services as other providers for a lower cost. Their IT team came out and set up a little bit of additional equipment which was a painless process. So, we were good to go.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I had an IQ2 before from a different company but I had some issues with the panel. I did bit of research and there were security companies that are good. There was Frontpoint but they are using an older system and I wanted to go with IQ2, which is what Link has. Also, Link's pricing was pretty good. I decided to go with them and see what happens. Their rep explained everything to me properly and he offered what I wanted to fit my budget. What I needed was something that I can have an app to have a look and manage and he gave me that. Then, the equipment arrived and there were no issues. I've had a similar system so I know how it works. Everything was self-installed.

I'm on trial until October to decide whether to keep it. I wanted a month and a half to test it out but I'm having a couple of issues with the image sensor not working which I hope they will resolve. I asked them if the alarm would trigger if an intruder comes to the house and comes into the front door and they said it should but it didn't happen for me. They're trying to see what we can do. I have a large front door and it has a very narrow gap and has a huge frame inside. They sent me something to put in to help elevate it so the sensor will work but it doesn't. But whatever happened, it was not Link Interactive. These are just very temperamental gadgets which sometimes work and sometimes, don't.

They said an option will be to drill on the door and put something else, which I don't want to do because it's a very expensive door. Also, I'm not a a technician to do that. Another option is to drill a huge hole on the door and put some gadget. When the door is closed, it can pick up the alarm. But if I ever leave the company then I would have this hole on my door and that's something I'll have to think about. Other than that, the quality of equipment is good. All these new gadgets work fine when they are interacting with each other. Sometimes, we have all the technical issues but the customer service has been very helpful. I would recommend Link highly, just make sure the gadgets work.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I had an incident at home so I had to make sure I was safe at home. A friend of mine referred me to Link Interactive and so far, everything's good with them. They explained everything well. Then my friend helped me install the system which was easy to do. It's also easy to go to the app and into the menu. And if I forget to set up my alarm, I have the reminder on for it.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Getting a home security system is a smart thing to do today. My husband spoke with Link Interactive's reps and he was really pleased. He had the system within a few days, so it was great. We have four or five cameras and the outside camera, and they are really nice. We can talk over one of the cameras which is cool. Their system is very good and up to date, the camera quality is excellent and the programming is easy. It works on our phone and the camera can be angled to watch my dogs without interruption. It’s a really well-made system. The only feature that I would like is a camera at the front door that doesn’t have to replace the doorbell. Nevertheless, I would recommend Link overall. We own a business that we’ve put in about 80,000 upwards in security and we own another home that we put in a $3,000 security system, so for us to move into this new home was really sweet.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for your feedback. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We moved in to a new house and because of Link's customer service and portability of the hardware, we decided to buy from them a standard kit to secure our home for the most part. My husband just wanted to make sure that everything's safe. Also, I’m a IT person and one of my biggest concerns is the ability to interpolate with everybody else and connect with other devices, not just specific to Link. They seem to support the actual Z-wave, plus allow us to connect other people to it. So, that was why we did not go with Vivint because they hard-lock a hardware with you.

The sales people were on point and were not trying to oversell us. Plus, their customer service was good in making sure that everything was configured right and did what they could to resolve any technical questions. Installing the system went perfectly fine too. I pushed a lot of buttons and figured everything else well. But I'm still figuring out the portability of the hardware. I was trying to get a lot of different devices connected to it and found out that it doesn't have ZigBee connectivity which was annoying. I couldn’t get any of my lights to work with it and couldn't connect Google system very easily. There's an Alarm.com app for it but it does not talk to other people very well. Other than that, the quality of service from Link Interactive was pretty good and the equipment seems to be running well.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I needed a security system for a commercial building and the video and surveillance with Link Interactive came in one package unlike the other companies where the surveillance was separate from the video feeds. I also like the way that Link records the video feed. Their rep was very informative and he answered every question I had in a manner that I could understand and he went over the needs that I had. I have two indoor video cameras and one outdoor and he offered me options that included some discounted items as far as motion detectors. He made some recommendations that were good too as far as door alarms. Link Interactive provides a good product and I would recommend it.

Link Interactive response

Thank you for your recommendation and for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We just bought a new house so the area is still under construction and there are a lot of people coming in and out. I was referred by my brother to Link, and the installation of the system was easy because my brother was home. Since he knew how to do it, he set it up with my husband. We have the basic package and I am satisfied with the service. The cost has been pretty fair and it's the cheapest on the market which is good. I definitely feel safer with the system.

Link Interactive response

We hope to serve you for many years! Happy to have you as a customer. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I wanted a home security system for safety and security. The company I previously had had a nice system and worked very good. But I switched to Link Interactive because of the pricing and the way the system was all setup. Their sales rep was pretty good and very helpful. Then, I didn’t have to do too much to set up the equipment. They sent the stuff and I put them where I needed them to go. Then I called in, told them that the sensors were set, and got set up on which sensor is which. The installation was relatively easy until I found out that all the sensors were numbered and labeled already. Other than that, the instructions were clear enough.

Now I got my codes and I've shown everybody how to use the system. I got my two kids, my mother-in-law, and wife there, so everybody has to learn how to work those things to let them know when somebody’s coming in or coming through a door and someone is there. The features of the system are simple to operate. I like the alert to let you know sensors have been activated or contact has been activated. The cost is reasonable as well. I've had them where I paid up to quite a bit for monitoring, so Link's pricing is good. But when I needed three more sensors, I called them and they told me that I had to purchase them at $22 each. So, I said I'd get them later.

All in all, I feel secure having Link Interactive and I would tell others that it is a good system. I could use another keypad, though, because one would go in the living room or somewhere where when you walk in you can disarm it, and the other one would go into my bedroom. So, if I'm in there at night, I can arm it and I don’t have to go run all the way to the hallway to disarm it. That was how I had it in my other system. I had one keypad downstairs in the laundry room and the other was in the bedroom. That was convenient.

Link Interactive response

Great! We're glad to hear that your self setup went so smoothly.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I bought a house and I wanted to get a home security system. I did a lot of research on all of the available companies and found a couple of user review websites on the various home security systems. Link Interactive had the best introductory offer as far as price was concerned. A lot of the equipment was discounted right off the bat, plus their monthly service fee was right on par with everybody else's and cheaper than most places. I also compared the quality of Link's equipment to what else was available at the time and it was right on par with the top dogs like ADT and Vivint. There was one other company that seemed to be right on par with what Link offered, but with no automation, which wasn’t worth it, and just the general security monitoring.

Aside from that, one of the bigger reasons why I went with Link Interactive was because their sales guy wasn’t pushy like a lot of the other companies. If you go to the website of a security company, they generally don’t have the prices available for you. You have to call or you have to submit a letter request then they call you. So, I did that three times and the persons that called back for everybody else were very pushy and trying to get me to sign up with them right then, which I wasn’t too keen on because I was doing research on all of them. But this guy from Link that spoke with me just gave me information and his contact number then said that whenever I made a decision, I should let him know.

My Link system was all self-install and putting them on was pretty simple. I needed a screwdriver and that was about it. I went with a little bit of an upgraded padlock which required taking the old padlock out and putting the new one in, but everything was preconfigured with their central control unit. So, I didn’t have to pair anything up and the equipment basically worked out-of-the-box. I like the features of my system and Link really kinda hit the nail in the head on that. I also use the Alarm.com app and I use it like a lot of the other security companies. I get about 90% functionality by using the smartphone features versus just going through the web page. Overall, it's pretty nice to know that if somebody was to enter my house at a time I wasn’t expecting it, I'd get notified about it. And if my friends were in the market for a home security system, I'd tell them that Link Interactive is the best. No one else can beat them.

Link Interactive response

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

We wanted to be sure that we were gonna be safe and that we weren’t gonna have any intrusions, and Link Interactive seemed to be the best bang for the buck. Since we looked on the internet what Link Interactive had, we had a good idea of what we wanted at the starting point. Then we were able to receive some more information from the representative. Then we did the installation ourselves. The only difficult part of it was because we have concrete walls but other than that, it was very easy. The equipment seems like it’s gonna be very durable and so far, we feel like we've made a good purchase and a good financial investment towards our security. We love the smartphone feature too. That’s one of our favorite things. We have the app where we set the system to Stay or to Away and it's working great. Then if you forget, you can always turn the system back on after you’re gone.

Link Interactive response

It's great to hear that you are enjoying your system and loving that smartphone app! Thanks for being a great customer.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The company that I work for is based out at Baltimore and we have a building located in Michigan. The vacant lot on the site was patrolled by physical security guards, but we weren’t too happy with the security company. We wanted to just figure out a way to have better overall coverage. Link Interactive fit everything that we need them to do. And, their rates were a little bit better than their competitors. The salesperson was very knowledgeable and he was able to answer every question that I had in regards to how many units and any kind of extenders we would need. He also helped us set up with the cellphone system where it was gonna be more of WiFi. Also, our property manager was able to get himself added as a primary contact on the site and he was able to get everything smoothly installed.

The Link Interactive system is doing what it’s supposed to do. We’ve had one incident that has been wrapped up immediately. We were able to get somebody out there within a reasonable time and get a police report filed. The customer service has been above average and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a home security system.

Link Interactive response

Thank you for your recommendation and for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I installed Link Interactive myself and it was easy. It cost a little bit higher than some companies out there, although not really high but a little bit higher than I should’ve paid. At the time I bought it, I did my research and I felt it was a good deal. But today, looking at what you can do with companies that are more competitively priced with no contracts, I wasn't sure that I signed up for a good deal. If I have to do it all over again, I would go with companies like Ring or Nest and set everything up differently. But I'm happy with Link Interactive.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for sharing your experience. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Link Interactive has made a world of difference for us. When you have a security system and it’s armed, you’d know if anybody came into your house. You can feel really safe any time of day. When I'm at work for an all-night shift or whenever the house is empty or my girlfriend is here, I can feel good knowing that they’re safe. And if something were to happen, then she is not alone while I’m an hour away at work. The feeling that we're safer and more secure when we’re away and even when we’re at home was why I purchased the system and I would tell others to seriously consider looking into it as well.

I had a general idea of what I was looking for initially but I still had questions about the equipment and the representatives definitely helped with any question I had. They were great. I couldn’t have asked for better customer service. I also liked that Link Interactive has an a la carte type thing. You could pick the equipment you wanted instead of a bundle already made for you. The cost is very good too. It wasn’t one of the high-end costs and you’re getting really good service at a really good price. The installation was very easy as well. I did it myself. I also like the features a lot and the smartphone features specifically, I love them. I use the smartphone apps more than the actual control panel. But all the features are really good and the system works great.

Link Interactive response

We're so happy to hear that you are feeling safer with your Link system!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I wanted my daughter to feel safe and got the Link Interactive alarm system for them. It’s a good system and I had a good experience with their representative too.

Link Interactive response

Happy to have you as a customer. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

We purchased a new home and wanted to have peace of mind that when we’re at work, we would be covered. I did a bunch of online research, read all the reviews and priced out different options. Link Interactive was good on both ends and we decided to go with them. I've had good interactions with their sales rep. He was very helpful, not pushy and was able to get the system to us quickly. They offered good coverage so we’re happy with their system. We are able to customize the features offered to us. I told the people from Link Interactive what we need exactly and what we needed to be covered.

My friend and I did the installation in about half an hour. The instructions were easy and intuitive. However, their customer service isn’t available all the time. They’re out on regular business hours and they’re not open on weekends or at night. So, if we have a problem with our equipment, it’s hard to get in contact with someone. It's not an issue for me but that is what I noticed. Other than that, my wife feels safer having Link Interactive. We turn the system on every day, at night and when we leave the house. It has been part of our routine now so we feel different just having their security system.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for your feedback. We strive to take care of our customers. We will continue to work hard to earn your business.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I had the old Simon XT through Protect America but I wanted a better system. Link offered what I wanted. Then I called in and worked with the salesperson, and it went well. I had 90% of the system already installed so all I had to do was call in and set up the new panel. It found all the other sensors I already had installed then I added five new ones. The process was simple. The IQ panel made it easy. And since I already had so much in the infrastructure, I was able to cut quite a bit of the cost. But if somebody was starting from scratch, the upfront cost would be expensive. Being able to make payments monthly towards it would help though. And once all the equipment's paid for, the monitoring fees seem to be reasonable. I would recommend Link Interactive. There are also more features with this system. I like the apps a little bit better for the stuff that I can do. I like being able to see the door lock in the app.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for you feedback. Glad the install went smoothly and you are enjoying the app. Please let us know if you ever need anything

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I'm living on my own for the first time so I figured I should have some extra security. When I signed up with Link Interactive, I entered the information in for a quote and then got a call from one of their sales reps. Our interaction went well. The installation took a while because I wasn’t sure about a lot of stuff and I was confused. It would have helped if the video that they had online were more detailed. So far, Link’s equipment is a good quality and it works. I like the features of the system. However, I have the thin windows and door sensors and they told me not to put them around a lot of metal but most of the people’s front doors and the doors that lead outside are metal so I found it weird. That aside, Link is affordable and the equipment could be kept forever once paid.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for your feedback. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I wanted a home security system for safety reasons. I read Link Interactive's reviews online and they were decent to the point that I'm satisfied with how much it was. I started off with an email and the rep was responsive. We went back and forth a couple of times. I went through purchasing it through him and he explained everything that I was getting. The installation was simple and the sensors weren't hard to install. It was just peeling stickers. However, I had an issue with the app. It doesn't link properly to the sensors. I renamed the sensors in the panel, but on my phone, it still shows door 10 instead of garage. It's still closing door 10 instead of my garage door.

The system's cost was fair. I can probably get a cheaper system that won't have the same features that I probably won't ever use, but it's good to have something that's capable of getting those features. The features are good and I look forward to getting a smart lock and a camera. Having the system is definitely safer and I have peace of mind. If my alarm is on, I don't have to worry about anything. But there's also the factor that if someone accidentally opens the door and the alarm is on, I’ll get charged for it. Other than that, the sense of security is pretty good. I've already ended up getting it for my in-laws' house.

Link Interactive response

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome experience and please let us know if you ever have any questions or ever need anything in the future!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I bought a new house in a big city so the time was best to get a home security system. Link Interactive was the most reasonable to talk to and they presented the best possible option for future encounters. Their rep seemed to be very honest. Everything was upfront and that was important to me. It didn’t seem like anything was being hidden. I was apprehensive about doing the installation on my own but I was able to call whenever I had problems so that was fine. The installation went okay but when I found out how difficult it was gonna be for the windows, I decided to use the option of the sound instead of the motion. I’m an idiot when it comes to using my hands, but I was able to do it so it should be simple.

I also knew exactly every option that's available and I like that I can add to whatever I already have if I decide in the future. I am using its smartphone features as well. I like it and it's worth all my money. The cost could be cheaper but it’s reasonable. I’d recommend Link Interactive and I told my sister in California to look into it. I’m also trying to figure out if I want a thermostat and the automatic doors but it’s still something I’ve been trying to decide on.

Link Interactive response

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We had a home security system that we had in place for 30 years, but it died. Link Interactive offered us equipment that allowed us to keep and use our existing magnetic door sensors. A salesperson helped me put together the program and then the lady who took over from him to close the deal was able to give me an even better deal on equipment. I got eight windows, two glass breaks, and two motion keypads. I did the installation myself and it was very easy. I was also able to find some YouTube videos that allowed me to do some advanced programming. The quality of the security equipment is very good and so far, we've enjoyed the features. We've been able to arm and disarm from our cell phones and check the status of the system.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I was reading reviews online and Link has mostly got positive reviews. And since I didn’t wanna get locked into a three-year contract, I went with them. There was a price difference, but at least with them I had the choice between one, two, and three years. I bought the initial kit and everything was already preprogrammed in the system. I'm no tech guy, but it was very easy for me to set up. Earlier, however, there was an issue with the motion detectors constantly going off, but there was a patch that they sent through and it fixed the issue. Other than that, the system has been great. I like the smartphone features, the geofencing, and the key fobs. The alarm itself on the panel is fairly loud too. It will most likely scare somebody away and I'll probably shortly hear it. Link also has a boost alarm that I can hook up and I would probably end up ordering one of those. My experience with Link has all been positive. They have been like Johnny-on-the-spot.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We were remodeling our house and we got robbed. I googled top security systems and Link Interactive was one of them. The sales person was very nice and patient. We had multiple e-mails back and forth and he did a phone call with me. I was still on the fence but he was very knowledgeable, gave me good suggestions, and was there for all my questions. We finally got Link's system and I forced my boyfriend to do the installation. He just YouTubed how to install it and it went real good. He took two hours because he kept double-checking and looking at other ones. We also didn’t want the alarm to be going off or anything like that.

I’m very satisfied so far and my sense of security has been good since having the system. I feel more at ease and I definitely felt like the house was secure when we were on vacation for a week. We used it, which was good. I would recommend the salesperson who assisted me and the whole process was easy. One doesn’t have to wait for anybody to come and make an appointment for them to install the system. You could do it on your own on your own time.

Link Interactive response

We're so happy to hear that you are feeling safer with your Link system!

Link Interactive expert review by Erin Raub

Choose from three self-installed home security packages for $30.99-$40.99 a month, with 1-3 years contracts and a 3-year warranty. Plans include smoke, fire, and carbon monoxide protection. Link Interactive customers can easily control and automate their homes while they're away by using the company’s remote access app, and they save money with DIY installation.

• Pricing: Link Interactive has three monitoring plans: Standard, Gold and Elite. The plans range in price from $30 to $40 a month and allow consumers to select the plan with the features they want, including basic monitoring, two-way voice communication, home automation, video monitoring and more.

• Interactive security: With Link Interactive, customers can conveniently access their home security system using their registered mobile device. The Link Interactive app enables users to arm and disarm their homes, lock doors, turn lights on and off and adjust the home’s thermostat.

• Video monitoring: Link Interactive gives customers live access to their homes while on the go. The mobile app offers live stream footage from your home, so customers can check on pets, kids or visitors.

• Takeover Program: Consumers with an existing security system can contact Link Interactive to learn about the company’s Takeover Program. The program lets consumers get Link Interactive monitoring without installing a whole new system.

• Additional features: Along with their advanced security system, Link Interactive has additional features including night vision cameras, wireless motion sensors, wireless smoke alarms and wireless window and door sensors.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Link Interactive Company Information