4.64/5
Based on 1,547 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 25, 2018

1547 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 25, 2018

I'm single now and I stay by myself and do a lot of traveling so I got a home security system. I liked the DIY system of Link Interactive. I needed to stay in budget and it made it more affordable. I called a representative and she helped me to install it over the phone. She was so patient. She waited until I drove every little screw in. They made it very easy as for a female to put it up myself. It was nice. I could take it with me and I did like that because I planned on moving.

I got a basic system and it's a little bit too basic so I was looking into adding a camera to it. Also I wish I could expand the glass break feature. I didn’t know it was built-in and that really needs to be improved on. If only it would go a few more feet than what it's built into the system. I would need someone to call me back to see how I could make it to where it would cover a few more feet instead of just one room. But other than that it's a good system. I sleep better at night. Link Interactive appear to be up to speed when it comes to modern technologies like a lot of systems. I like the fact that they are integrated.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm & Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2018

We just bought a house and I don’t know anything about over here. We initially had AT&T when we moved in but I called around to different alarm companies and Link had the better price. Their customer service was good and Jerry was really nice. He told me all the good deals they had. But we got the three-window thing where if somebody busts the windows, the alarm’s supposed to go off. But we didn’t get that feature. Also, we just hooked the system up and the installation took so long, I don’t like to install stuff myself. If somebody came around and did it, it would have been up and going right away. It's a decent system though. And once we get it together, it should be pretty good.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I've always had a home security system and I moved to a new house so I thought I would try something outside of the brand name and then try to do something else. Based on my internet research, Link Interactive ranked towards near the top. I didn’t like what the top one said and the top two had things that I didn’t like. On the other hand, Link which was either second or third, had all the stuff that I like. So I went with Link. The customer support is much better at Link Interactive. They're very good, very knowledgeable and very patient. I'm not very technologically savvy so I've had some difficulty with the installation of my system. But the people at Link have been able to walk me through it. I'm still having some issues but they're just some things that we probably have to fine tune.

I got to customize my package. Link has a base package that has a limited number of contacts and I was able to increase the contacts and add motion sensors and go from there. And each time I added something, it cost more money. I'm blind and I'm having some problems with some of the alarm.com notifications being transferable to my iPhone technology such as the SkyBell. I'm having trouble whenever I answer the SkyBell from my iPhone because I can't see the little dot on the phone and I can't hit the little answer button. But now, I've got the Sky phone hooked up.

I like the idea of the Link Interactive smart phone features but I'm having some problems with the features that the smart phone has for people who are blind. I'm not sure whether or not I can use the smart phone features or Link Interactive through alarm.com. Also, I'm not sure if the smart phone "reads" what alarm.com has on its website when I go to it. Link has got to tell their website to let these programs read it because if they don't tell the website to let the program read it, they won't read it. But overall our Link Interactive system is a good value.

Original review: May 22, 2018

A home security system is for safety and I’ve used one before. I got a Link system now and I like that they are more reliable. The representatives were very helpful. Then, the installation was easy. I spoke to a representative and they were able to walk me step-by-step. The quality of the equipment is good and the cost is reasonable. I have the video cameras previously with the other security company, so I kept that and I have the video monitoring. I also have the app which is very useful for me to check up on the security cameras.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Link Interactive was cheaper and I think it's a good value. I've got two daughters and a wife that I want to protect, and their service is equal with my previous provider, Monitronics. I called customer service twice to get the system set up and the technical service when I was getting it initially installed was excellent. I like Link Interactive's panel better and this is also the first time I've had an app for the security system and that's nice. The app let me know one day that the backdoor opened even though the alarm wasn't set. My wife was alone with our sick daughter and it was nice to know that something odd was happening.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: May 20, 2018

I have Vivint in my home and I called them but they were way too expensive. So, I did some looking, found Link Interactive, and I went with them. Their customer service reps were good and they always took care of what they could. I did the installation myself and the features were pretty neat. They're holding up for me so far and the overall cost, in relation to the quality of service, is better than ADT.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I bought my first house and had my car window broken into so I decided to go ahead and get a home security system. Link Interactive was one of the top five home security companies and they had a little bit more flexibility with their initial setup fees and pricing as well as contract lengths. Their rep was very helpful. He talked to me about what my requirements would be or what I would need for my particular home. Overall, the guidance was good. Installing the system was pretty easy and its features worked pretty well for my needs.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We got broken into a couple of years ago so we had been thinking about getting a home security system. Then our daughter was moving out of state and didn’t need hers anymore so we took over her contract. Link Interactive’s rep, Vicky, was awesome. The installation of the system was also pretty simple and it's been running great. I use the smartphone feature to turn the system on and off, and we are gonna get a couple of other things to go with the set. Our experience with Link Interactive has been great and our sense of security has gone up.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I've had another home security system before and Link Interactive is more latest in technology. It has the flexibility to add additional home automation on your own. The reps were very professional and they answered my questions. During set up, I had some issues where I couldn't really test the glass door detector and the motion detector went out for a night without reason for it to go off. The installers tried making sounds and stuff for glass door break but it didn't really trigger. So, I don't know whether it works or not. Also, the motion detector range is limited. You can actually duck underneath it and go across. But at least I had somebody in the call to help me and walk me through setting it up. And the reps spent time looking into the issues on the motion detector camera and the set up questions I had.

I got the garage door opener, but it does not work with a new Genie garage door opener. So, I was not able to set that up which is a problem. Also, I want to put security cameras outside my house, but I don't want to drill because they would break. It's a real issue. And if I want to install a security camera, my options are limited because the cameras and the equipment available is very limited. I can't have battery-powered cameras which are available with other companies.

I'm paying $40 a month and I've yet to add security cameras to it, which allows me to record and watch. But I really cannot go with the cameras available from them. I may have to drop my package if I can't do videos and I'll have to pay somebody else to do the videos. It may be a problem there. But overall, the cost is fine. It's a reasonable price and the quality of the system I have is good including the IQ panel 2. When you walk in, the IQ panel disarms the system because it's Bluetooth compatible. And I use Geofencing so it notifies me in case I forget to arm the system.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I was looking for a cost-effective way to implement security in my home and I actually had an existing security system in the house when I bought it. The representatives from Link Interactive have been excellent. I did the installation of the security system myself. The quality of the features that I had in my system were comparable to what other security companies were providing. When the Link guys had to alert me for possible emergency situations, their response time in those incidents was very quick. Link's system is a very cost-effective way for homeowners that know how to DIY and would definitely recommend them.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I'm on a busy street and I thought that getting a security system was a good idea. I also wanted a lower homeowner’s insurance. They were all very positive at Link. We talked through how many windows and doors and what I was looking for in a security system. I told them that I was completely new to this and the guy was very informative about what was available. I wanted a very simple system and that was what I got. The whole thing is completely installed and it’s doing exactly what I need it to do. The garage door was one of my main wants as far as wanting to be secured and that’s the best feature. There's no reason I wouldn’t recommend Link.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I had gotten a completely customized home security system from Link Interactive. They were offered by Costco and were very affordable. They gave me a choice of the control module and I built from there. There were lots of options to go with to add to your system. Anytime I've had any technical questions, they've been helpful. Plus they have a fast response time and they are effective. They randomly call me first to see if I needed any help or to find out how everything's operating. And then any alarm issues have been fast and effective. Installing the system by myself was easy. And for the most part, I was able to do it without any help. I've been running it for years without any problems. With it I feel better about the security.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I needed to find a better and more affordable home security system and Link Interactive had a lot of good reviews. I've had the system for about two months now. The installation was hectic as I previously had ADT and I wasn’t expecting to do it all on my own which was kind of hard for me with all the wiring, but the features are good. It's less than what I expected, but the customer service was great. People who will get it need to be prepared to install it themselves.

Original review: May 10, 2018

We were going to a new area and we looked up the crime figures there, and with the discount we would get from our homeowner’s insurance we figured that to be safe we might as well take over the security system of the person from whom we were buying the house. When I was growing up, my parents had a home security system. Every time that I talked with somebody at Link Interactive, the customer service was great. Everybody seemed to be knowledgeable and answered my questions.

The only issue I had was that the sales reps kept saying that there was a camera that was part of the system, but I couldn’t find it at the house. Their system was saying that, but they couldn’t tell me where it was. But they've been very nice and they tried to follow up. Eventually, I got in touch with the house seller who told me that they had a camera at one point but they had turned it in because they didn’t like it. That was the only frustrating thing. But other than that, everything else was fine, including setting up the payment.

After I found out about the camera, Link was doing video monitoring as part of the price. They didn’t remove that and I didn’t have any issues with that, so that was good and I was happy with that part. Everything in the system seemed good and new. Link has one feature where I can set up the system to have a schedule, so I can have the system set automatically at night and it would be undone in the morning, but that feature would cost extra money. I would like to have that feature at my current rate and not have to put in an extra amount. Anyway, we have an app so we can unlock the system or set it when we’re away. So, when we had forgotten about setting the system or when we had set it but forgot that we had done so, we could get to the system and it was easy to cancel.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Link Interactive was the only company that allowed me to use alarm.com with home self-monitoring. Before, I was in a monitored package and the company I was with was responding to the calls. Now, I'm in a self-monitored package and I'm dealing with everything, but it saves me money. I'm a tech-savvy consumer. I didn’t have to install anything new, but there was a migration from one company to another, which was a pain in the neck. Link Interactive had to take over my existing system, but they didn’t do a very good job of it. Everything broke and I had to re-fix everything after they moved it over. Nonetheless, the features are great and the smartphone features are working fine.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I had ADT and their prices were skyrocketing. I said I'm gonna go with a different company and they said that they were sorry I felt that way. And then once I went with a different company, they said they wanted me back and they were going to give me a really good rate. However, it was too late by that point. I researched between Link and some other ones. For the features that Link offered and their price, it was the best price for the value.

Link Interactive's customer service was good. I installed the system myself and it was difficult at first with one aspect of the garage, but then they sent me out an additional part which made it easy to detect the sensor. Also, I had some issues with sound and technical stuff where I was a little bit nervous about using it and then they helped me out and took care of it. However, I had some difficulty with the doors that I have because I have a 1940s craftsman house. The doors were pushed in and they weren't flush. I had to take out the little metal magnetic part of the sensor and superglue that in so it reached the sensor. There were no instructions to do that and that was a little difficult. Other than that, the features of the system are good and I like that I can use it with my smartphone. I arm and disarm the system with my smartphone and it works well. I also like that I don’t have to put in the code to lock the system. The quality of the equipment is good and they're stable.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I went with Link Interactive for their knowledge in the area, flexibility with their packaging and equipment, and the availability of the equipment that they’ve chosen. I've had them for two months and I'm enjoying it so far. The installation experience went well for me but I’m probably a little more technically inclined than most people so I didn’t have any problems. I've called tech support several times to be able to install new devices or ask about warning alarms. They've not known the answer right off to that all the time but they've researched it and gotten back with me within a day. I was looking for one item that was not carried by them which was an outdoor motion sensor that’s specific to other vendors. But the quality was good for what it was.

I had a plan with the gentleman that was the sales rep and after some technical research, it was determined that the plan that we had would not work. And so Link Interactive re-contacted me and worked out a deal of different equipment options that would still complete what I needed, but they gave me some price discounts to be able to still retain my service along with everything that I needed. My install was complicated, and they not only worked with me and made it happen, but when it couldn’t happen, they came back with different options and one of them was very generous, not just with the equipment but with the continued support. Plus their response time as far as the false alarms that I've had has been expected.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Baton Rouge is not a safe place so I need a security system. My parents used a different company in Nashville but I liked Link Interactive's service and they offered a better deal so I went with them. I was gonna go with ADT but they were so rude so I didn’t go with them anymore. I installed the equipment from Link myself and it was pretty easy. So far, everything is good and I like the phone app. I'm super paranoid if I armed the system or not and I like that I could disarm or arm it and do stuff on my phone. The equipment is good quality and the price is good as well. I feel safer having Link Interactive and I am satisfied with their service.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Link Interactive was great and perfect and their rep was phenomenal. He was very informative, professional, and prompt. He emailed everything right away and he got right back to me. I installed the security system myself and the instructions were not really that hard, though I should’ve gotten something that was installed for me. When I contacted them through the setup, the guy I talked to wasn’t very helpful. But everything works fine now and I haven’t had any problems. The quality of the equipment is really good. I have the doorbell camera and sensors, and I have everything set up on my phone and I can turn it on and off after I have left and forgot to, and I love it.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Link Interactive's home security system has the features and functionalities I needed at the time that I was purchasing for one. It was also available in Costco so I was familiar with it. I'm very happy with the quality of the features. Their reps have been very professional too. The response time has been pretty good as well when they have to alert me for possible emergencies. The price could be lower, though. It would also be nice if they'd allow the option to have a front door camera with no additional monthly cost for monitoring because they do charge an additional fee for that. But other than that, I'm happy overall. I've been with them for four years now and I’m sticking with them.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We lost the old house to a fire and we just moved in to a new house. Link Interactive's cost is one of the reasons I chose them over one of their competitors. I've only been with them for a couple of months but their customer service is fantastic. They’ve taken good care of me so far. I installed the system myself, so it went great. They provided great instructions. I tailored the features to fit my needs and everything has been good.

Original review: May 4, 2018

This is my first home and I wanted to find a home security system that had access to my cell phone but is still covered and not overpriced and I chose Link Interactive over ADT, which is totally high. Also, I've read a couple of articles where a lot of people were recommending Link Interactive as their number one option for a home security. So far, everyone has been super helpful. I'm not a hands-on techie person, but everyone just seemed pleasant when I spoke with them and walked me through everything. And even from the sales experience, it wasn’t pushy or forcing me to make a decision, which if I've wanted another one, it's one of the things I’d look for when making a decision.

The installation was simple. I do have it on the counter right now. I wanted to get it on the wall, so that's the only thing that's different. I did have to call since the instructions were a bit unclear, but it was easy once they walked me through it. I customized my package with all windows, all doors and one monitor that was in a central location of the home. When I had other people come out and give me estimates, I'd pick up on what they recommended, and then I called and gave them the recommendations of what I felt was useful for me. Eventually, I wanted to do the video and the doorbell at my front door too. It has a little window then, it doesn’t have a peephole.

I love the quality of my security equipment. It's high-tech. I'm used to a touchscreen and I have an iPhone, so I like that I am able to do everything on my iPhone. I like that it's updated with technology now and I like the design a bit more than the older systems. I use the smartphone feature more than I use the actual pad. I don't have to worry that I've set it. Also, I live alone and it gives me peace of mind and comfort knowing that if I did set it off and forget to set it on, I still have access to do it.

Link Interactive's cost is one of the cheapest that I've seen and you're getting the same thing. And, the service that you're being provided is just as good, if not better. Their prices are a bit more reasonable and within the budget, which is always a good thing. If I could save money anywhere, I'd do it as long as the service is still good. I have a brand new home, so Link Interactive is just gonna do for me. I feel that I'm really comfortable.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I’ve been looking at a home security system for a while for my new home. I did my research and Link was well-rated and I wanted it for the extra security. I called someone on the phone to have him set me up an estimate. I reviewed all that and then told him when I was ready, I would follow up. And then we cut a deal in February, and everything went smoothly. I’ve had to call them once to edit a few things and I'm gonna have to call them again when I get some more free time to edit a few more settings on the system. But overall, it’s been good.

Installing the system was easy. I didn’t want my unit to be on the table and I wanted to mount mine to the wall. So fishing the wire was a little more difficult considering I’ve never done it before, but once I figured it out and got everything going, it worked okay. The smartphone feature is great and I love it. Right now, the touch panel doesn’t have the weather on it, but I’m trying to figure that out. And also, it would have been nice to know more descriptions on the delay entry and the delay exit when I first got the system. So when I’d open the door, I didn’t know that it didn’t have a delay exit on it. Every time I’d open the doors, the alarm would blow my ears out but we got that taken care of. Link is good but it needs a little bit of improvement. But overall, I'm happy and for the price, I’m satisfied with what I got.

Original review: May 2, 2018

So far, my experience with Link Interactive has been good. It's cheaper than the other ones I’ve had. I also like the do-it-yourself kit, as well as their customer service. Their representative answered my questions. They went in depth with what I was looking for and answers I was looking for. They went and answered everything I needed to finish the installation and questions about how it works. It was a good experience and I'm satisfied, overall.

Original review: May 1, 2018

We wanted a security system but didn’t have money to pay for a super huge thing that someone comes and installs for us. Going with Link where we could do-it-yourself a little bit since we're technically proficient was helpful. We've had them for a month and their reps have been very good. We're still in the middle of installing a few things, but what we’ve done so far has been easy. We moved into a home that we’re doing some renovations on, so we’re not going to install the door thing until the actual door that’s gonna be there is there. We really like the safe plate, which is another thing that pulled us to Link. The touchscreen shows pictures when it’s not in use so it looks like a rotating photo frame. So if someone were to break in and attempt to disable it, it’s not very easily seen like a key pad on a wall would be. It’s also good quality for the cost.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I've always had a home security system and that’s something that I do. It makes me feel comfortable. I went with Link Interactive to try something different from ADT. The rep was fine and good with the system, but it wasn’t as easy to set up as Link said. They said that I had to set it up, but they didn’t go into detail with the things that I had to do and the time it would take me to do them. To install the system, I had to set up all the sensors on the doors, the motion detector, and the camera. They said it would take 20 minutes, but it took a lot more time than that. It would take 20 minutes for a serviceman, but two hours for somebody who is not an installer.

The quality of our equipment is fair. The motion detector doesn’t have a light on and I don’t know if it's working or not. It just shows us that it's capturing anything coming in or out. Also, one motion detector is not good enough for a house, but that was all they gave us and they wanted us to pay for the rest. I'm trying to have advice on the sensors. The one camera doesn’t have wires. The system is all connected, so I can't just set the security device the way I want and I have to set it in a special place. So, there were some issues and some gaps in the system.

I was able to customize the features of my system to a certain extent. But it was after I got the service package to see what it entailed that I found the issues with the hardware. We can't protect our home with the basics that they gave us, which are not enough and don't give us everything we need to protect our home 100%, unless we're in an apartment. I was not covering my home with the number of devices that they gave us or the hardware that they sent over, and we have to spend more cash to buy additional devices to fully secure our home. To protect our home, Link Interactive could have offered a basic package with at least two motion detectors, sensors for all the doors, and two cameras.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Someone tried to break into the house so we decided to get a Link Interactive home security system. I installed the system myself and it was easy. I’ve been loving the features they offer in Link and so far, it’s been awesome. But sometimes the camera trips out of the internet and in the pad, it goes out of sync and deletes the registration by itself. I’m about to fix it myself right now but I will have to call Link Interactive to replace them because I think the problem is the system itself. The reps gave me an excellent customer service at the beginning when the cameras were giving me the issue. Even though the camera was still doing the same thing, they gave me a huge package of options that are coupons for the camera. It’s also really easy for my parents and me to use a smartphone to arm and disarm the system, and that feature is excellent. Even controlling the thermostat is really easy. I will recommend Link Interactive.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The OLCC said I had to purchase a home security system for the business that I have, Oregon Liquor Control. We had some other guys in here that basically told us big old story, and took our money and ran. But Link Interactive has been really attentive about getting the system running correctly. A buddy of mine had used them and they kept trying to get out there and get him taken care of even though he's unhappy with them. They were not just ignoring him. Even though he won't call them, they stayed persistent and said, “We need to get it fixed. We know you're unhappy, and we need to get it fixed.” I did a lot of the installation, but they were informative and helpful. I have cameras and it records, and there's backup. Overall, they're pretty good. Then they're usually here when they say they're gonna be. If they're not, they call. They keep me informed, and they know that I don’t pay much attention so they're gonna have to.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I had a good experience with Link Interactive. I'd recommend the system to people. We had a family break and since there have been some burglars in the neighborhood, I got some cameras because I don't want them to get something in the house. Prior to that, I was doing research online and their hardware linked up things like I can add a Z Wireless to it. And it was just an all in one package deal. I set up a call online and they gave me a callback and went through with sales.

The sales agents were good. They directed me to the website and we went through every option that there was out there and different payment options and setting about the system. And while everything was smooth, the only thing I didn't like was the door sensors were a little cheap. I can't use the double-sided tape cause it will fall off. And when I screw them in, the back plate that I screwed it to is plastic. The second I put in a pressure against it, it caused it to bow. Then the other section doesn't want to snap in place correctly. I have to be careful otherwise the whole front will fall right off when I slam the door. It seemed like a flawed design.

Other than that, everything went smoothly. However, when they told me that they were compatible with all these different things, I looked up a couple of them and it seems like they limit it only to specific vendors. They told me I can access Z Wireless but it only connects to specific devices. Maybe it was communication and that's a problem. But still, the functionality of the system was great. They're a little higher rated per monthly cost but they're supposed to be faster and that's what I was paying for. Besides, they would be able to monitor everything. Since having a system from Link Interactive, when we go out of town I allow my girlfriend or friends to post stuff on Facebook or social media even though I don't do it. I would never allow that before. I don't want anybody knowing I was out of town.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I live alone and I have a home security system. I contacted a few home security companies and I like Link Interactive the best. The dealings I had with their reps were mostly very good except for two. The last time I called, I kept getting one ring and then it would click off. I suspect that somebody just kept hanging up on me because it happened eight times in a row. The other thing was that I had problems setting up with alarm.com. I didn’t receive the welcome letter or the temporary code. When I did, it came as 4 stars instead of a code so I could not enter it. But the fellow on the help end helped me and did whatever he needed to do to fix that.

When I first installed the system, I had my boyfriend help me with it and he was jumping the gun all over the place so it was not anybody else’s fault but his. He was taking the sensors right out of the box without looking at the number, where they went and taking them out everywhere. So far, the features are good and the quality of the system is mostly okay. The only thing was, I had one sensor fall off and it should be stuck on a little better. In terms of the cost in relation to the quality, it is of market value or a little less. And if a friend of mine asks me about Link Interactive, I'd say to them to give it a try because I’m happy with it overall.

Link Interactive expert review by Erin Raub

Link Interactive has been in business since 1952 and is based in Ogden, Utah. The company offers consumers advanced security system technology that they can install themselves. Link Interactive customers can easily control and automate their homes while they're away by using the company’s remote access app, and they save money with DIY installation.

• Pricing: Link Interactive has three monitoring plans: Standard, Gold and Elite. The plans range in price from $30 to $40 a month and allow consumers to select the plan with the features they want, including basic monitoring, two-way voice communication, home automation, video monitoring and more.

• Interactive security: With Link Interactive, customers can conveniently access their home security system using their registered mobile device. The Link Interactive app enables users to arm and disarm their homes, lock doors, turn lights on and off and adjust the home’s thermostat.

• Video monitoring: Link Interactive gives customers live access to their homes while on the go. The mobile app offers live stream footage from your home, so customers can check on pets, kids or visitors.

• Takeover Program: Consumers with an existing security system can contact Link Interactive to learn about the company’s Takeover Program. The program lets consumers get Link Interactive monitoring without installing a whole new system.

• Additional features: Along with their advanced security system, Link Interactive has additional features including night vision cameras, wireless motion sensors, wireless smoke alarms and wireless window and door sensors.

• Best for: Homeowners, renters, DIYers and tech-savvy shoppers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Link Interactive Company Information