Call toll free
4.61/5
Based on 1,858 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Link Interactive offers a simple DIY installation with three straightforward plans. Although the equipment costs money upfront, the contracts are flexible and discounts may be provided.

PROS

• Crash and Smash technology
  • Flexible contracts
  • DIY installation

CONS

• Upfront equipment cost

Top Link Interactive Reviews

05/07/2019

I was going through the internet and I found Link Interactive … I love my Link system, and I don't have any complaint. Since having it at home, we've been feeling a lot safer. I'm satisfied with Link Interactive and I'll recommend them.

06/03/2019

Link Interactive has been a great company to work with ... We used to have a lot of mishaps with our old system where people would make mistakes and it would then trigger an alarm. But so far, the Link Interactive system has worked very well. It hasn't failed yet.

1858 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Somebody got broken into a couple of blocks down the road in the area we just moved into. I’m a truck driver so I’m only home 34 hours every two weeks. When I was in Florida, I had a security system, Xfinity, that I was told would work with all systems. But it only works with a particular internet provider. When you get your security system, you get a little tablet thing that controls everything and that was taken back. The cameras were all hooked up to that particular thing and couldn’t hook up to anything else, so all the door sensors and cameras I already had were useless. We had to get a new system.

I talked to a couple of different providers and Link was the friendliest. Any time I called in, they were willing to help. If they couldn't, they'd get somebody who could help. I got all the door sensors and stuff. They are pretty simple. My daughter hooked everything up because we were on the road. The sensors, you can put anywhere. There's also the motion sensor which you can position anywhere in your home for any reason. But I haven’t gotten to my cameras yet. I probably could have done that this time around, but I’m not going to. We have two dummy cameras outside my house. But I know that just by the specs of the Link cameras, they are a better quality and not as expensive as my last security system. I would have paid for it all at once, but I did payment plans.

The Link app is also able to arm and unarm the system. I love that. That means I don’t have to remember any codes. It’s linked to my phone. The tablet thing is really easy to use. If I don’t understand it, I just call Link and they pretty much break it down for me where like a kindergartener could understand. In using the app, you flip over and the app pops up. You have home, away from home, sleep mode and even an alarm clock. The app also tells me the weather. Once I hook up my cameras, it’ll show me images on my app real time.

I like the fact too that my alarm system will deactivate when I get close enough to the house. But I noticed something which I don't like. A lot of the times that I leave, I activate the alarm system. The road we live on kinda circles back close to the house. It registers my phone, it knows the phone is close, and it deactivates my alarm system. I think my house is locked up but it’s not. Other than that, I don’t have a problem with the system because usually my daughter checks after she knows we have left the house and have gone back on the road. She reactivates the alarm system for me. She used to be on the system because she was here for a couple of months. I pretty much have two security systems. I have my daughter who's constantly making sure that I don’t mess up.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I’ve had rental houses for 15 years and I have been using security systems for a very long time. I’ve probably used all of the bigger brands out there like ADT, Brinks, NCA, and Xfinity. Link Interactive has been around for a really long time, but I haven’t had the chance to try them. I called their customer service and had to set up a few systems. The first time I called which was also kind of a time-crunch, they were nice and they all stayed calm. That makes a big difference when you’re trying to set up a security system. It was really important that I had those systems set up for my renters. The Link reps used good people skills and they treated me like somebody that they cared about.

They walked me through the installation process and it felt like they were familiar with the system and they knew what should be in the box. One time, we were looking through the box and I couldn’t find something. There was a piece that goes on the back of the monitor like a little mainboard. They did a really good job. I found the installation really easy, although I ended up using Command Strips instead of drilling through the plastic parts to put in the motion detectors. They wanted me to put a screw hole through the plastic in the back.

I have four houses and I know each house really well. We did custom security plans for each house since some plans have more floors than the other. All of the houses there, they are very similar as they all have a garage that you drive into, but they all have different floor plan layouts. I kinda knew what I was looking for because I’ve always tried to have very secure homes. I’ve used lots of equipment, whether it was with the other security companies. And Link is the top, at least for now. Everything changes and you have to change with everything because usually, there’s something that can be improved. Some of the security features are really updated too. Link has the app and it’s a lot more proficient. The app is good and user-friendly which is really important because I’m trying to have renters who have a variety of computer skills to do it too, not just me.

The cost for Link was really wonderful too. This was the lowest cost in systems that I’ve had in my 15 years of putting them in my houses. That’s really good savings for somebody out there and for me, in particular. I was very impressed by that. It’s made up in the contract, but that is a really good thing. But I had to send one of my Link systems back because my renter was in love with the routine of what she is doing now. Sometimes people don’t wanna try something new, but if they do and they’re okay with a commitment of a two or three-year contract, they will like it. They’ll actually buy the system and they’ll want to have it in their house.

With Link, if customers have any questions or they need to send the system back in the first three days, that has been made really easy. In my case, Link sent me a form to sign and I sent all the things back. It was really nice. As for the other systems, I'm gonna keep them at my other rental houses. My renters are enjoying using them for locking doors. It makes them feel safe and makes me feel good. Link's system could really help people. The cost of having some break-in in your house and also just the feeling you have if you don’t have anything in place and then afterward, you’re like, “I should have done this,” Link is definitely a system that's well worth it. I’m happy to tell my family or friends about it.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

A rental property that we bought was in a rough area and while we were renovating, there was some robbery going on. We got impacted two times and then I decided to add an alarm system, which I also had in my own house. The alarm system was coming from alarm.com but I wanted something smarter to be installed. So I contacted alarm.com and the bunch of retailers that they gave. I ended up with Link Interactive because they were less expensive.

Link Interactive's customer service was good and fast. As soon as I made a request, they immediately sent me a text message. On the very same day, we closed the deal. So as far as sales were concerned, they were good. On the customer support side, some of the instructions they sent for the do-it-yourself installation were not very clear. Still, when I called, they kinda walked me through the setup. Although I figured out the instructions after a couple of weeks, there’s a little room for improvement in terms of making the instruction guidelines clearer. We were getting false alarms but overall, the reps were very responsive. Once you get them on the call, they're very knowledgeable and helpful. Whoever is on the phone, they know exactly what kind of issues you’re running into, and they can guide you through settings.

I got the four sensors plus the motion from Link Interactive. Everything was pretty much installed and paired, so it was ready to go. Installation was easy as all I needed to do was to put some sticker and it was all set up. Then I just attached it to the door. One of the neat things about the system is that they've got this interactive feature where, in case of emergency, they actually talk through the panel with you, just so they can actually listen to what’s going on in the house. Also, it's nice that they can also determine if there is an emergency or it's only a false alarm.

The additional feature though is really the mobile app that you can arm. That’s really neat. The only drawback of the system compared to the old traditional ones is that when you’re trying to set the alarm to "away", you need to make sure all the doors are closed before you click the arm. If the door that you’re trying to get out from is open, the system is not smart enough to realize that. That door will be bypassed and that is pretty bad. Other than that, you can always arm the system from your phone, which is really nice.

The other disadvantage is that the system comes with a receiver and sender. Everything should be attached to the door and it has to be within a certain distance. Sometimes, the way your door is set up may not allow for a nice installation, so there are some limitations there. The systems get confused. All of a sudden, it sends some signal today that something is going on when there's actually none.

All the settings are very conservative, and the system can easily sense if somebody is tampering with it. At the same time, however, it can put the settings such that they will confirm with you through the phone or message before it will send the officers out. So, you can kinda filter some of those false alarms, but not too much because sometimes it could be some problems and you may wanna need assistance. Good thing Link Interactive also has a support system during the weekend, so in case there is a false alarm, they can fix it for you. It’s almost like 24/7 help for emergency situations. Overall, I am very satisfied with Link Interactive. I really like the installation. I could ask somebody to come and install the security system who will ask me for thousands of dollars, but Link Interactive’s system is something I could do myself. I strongly recommend Link Interactive.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Having a home security system gives you peace of mind. When you are away, you know you have sensors and things that are there to trigger to let you know if something bad is happening. We wanted to secure the home and to have a better vision into what's happening at home, so we decided to purchase one. Link Interactive had a good price point and I liked what they were selling. The sensors, devices, and components were not attached to a propriety. If I wanted to, I could move to another system, while other people that are providing the service would not allow you to do that, so you are locked in to their proprietary system. Others would offer a lower upfront fee, but you are stuck with them forever. I didn’t like the fact that I would be stuck with the other providers, but Link Interactive allowed me to be free of that and in case I didn’t like Link, I could move to another provider and still use my sensors.

The sales rep was standard. He was trying to sell a product and plead his case. He seemed to not understand certain aspects of the technology and he almost put himself on the line. He was rapping something that he didn't understand and not really giving the full truth. I was testing him to see what he would say and he was pushing some jargon or lingo, “Oh, well, we do encryption on the ply.” I asked what that meant and he just said something. I asked him to explain it, but he couldn’t fully explain it. During the installation of the system, I got all the stuff and put it together. I didn't look at the instructions too much. I just knew what to do with it and I knew that the panel needed to be linked. I needed certain information and it was very easy. There was a packet that came in that told the passcodes and gave the basic rundown. I just followed that and it was perfect.

The features are good and the system offers what you would expect. There are both cell and wireless communication. There is a backup battery in it and I really like the touch screen panel and the fact that there is a motion detector in there. It is cool. That provided me one last motion detector I had to purchase. There is also a glass break detector in the panel, so there was a lot of bang for the buck in the system. I use the Link Interactive smartphone features and I have it built into Alexa, Echo Spot, and Echo Show. From the phone, I can tell Siri or Alexa to arm the system. There's an added benefit that I can link it with Alexa and I can do everything with my voice.

The cost is good and I'm getting a quality product although there is nothing special about it. The panel is nice because it is a touchscreen and the sensors operate at the distances that are needed. They communicate well but when I link up my smartphone to the panel, it is supposed to auto-disarm when it knows that I'm near, but sometimes, that doesn’t work correctly which is one little quirk in the system.

Since having Link Interactive, I feel like I have more vision and idea of what's happening at the house. I travel a lot, so I'm always worried about my home and what's happening. It is good being able to have vision into your home and knowing that there are sensors 24/7 working to let you know if someone has triggered some sensor in your house. If a friend is interested in a security system, I would explain to him my current set-up, what I have and what my experience is, although there are other options. I like what I have but maybe he is looking for something different.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I decided that I wanted to have some security. My brother purchased from Link Interactive and he recommended them to me. Their salesperson was the best. He was super knowledgeable, helpful, and really great to work with. I also called Link Interactive back on a couple of occasions because I needed to add some equipment and the woman I talked to didn’t seem to be as knowledgeable about things. But she was very thorough and would look things up and find out, then tell me the answers because I had a lot of questions.

I did the installation of the system myself and a person from Link Interactive walked me through on the phone. They made it really easy. I’m more verbal and I knew that they would walk me through it so I went that route. The lady I spoke to had a manual in front of her so she was looking at it as I was talking about it and how could we troubleshoot things. Then she got help from someone about something. I was surprised because I was a little nervous about how the installation was gonna work while were doing it over the phone. But they were super helpful and resolved things they needed to resolve.

Because of the noise that my dogs make, I'd set the system to be on Armed Away. Then I'd leave it and the glass break sensors would go off. We disabled that but it seems that they still go off. So when I leave, I do Armed Stay. On the weekend, the people at the Link Interactive main office aren’t there. That was when the system was new and I was trying to find out why was the alarm going off and it keeps happening. The people from Link Interactive said I had to talk to someone in the office on Monday because they were not there. But they gave me a resolution and someone followed-up with me, so it was fine.

Then I was ordering some products and we determined what I was ordering. However, I changed my bank account so the card I had on file didn’t go through so the people at Link Interactive couldn’t process the order. It took a week to get back and get it done. But that was probably my fault. Then, the product I needed wasn’t available anymore. I was getting a B-stock and somebody sold them in the meantime since my card didn’t work out. So now, I have to wait until they get more B-stock to get the window sensors that I wanted because I couldn’t pay the full price and I need to call them back to check into that B-stock. I also ordered cameras and I gotta find someone to help me get those installed.

Also, the Link Interactive smartphone feature is good. But I'd like to be able to see when my doors are opened and closed and I can't see that on the app. I can log in to Alarm.com and see more information though. When the Link Interactive app says, “Front door open,” it gives the current status but if I wanna look at the history of when things happened, I have to go to the main website and it would be nice to have that on the app. Maybe it is on the app and it could be a user error, so I need to look at the app a little more. Other than that, I feel better since I got Link Interactive and I recommended them to my friend who bought a system as well.

Link Interactive response

We're happy to hear that you are enjoying your system and that it is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve! Thanks for all your feedback and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever have any questions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: June 3, 2019

We always have a security system and so far, Link Interactive has been a great company to work with. We’ve been very happy with it. We used to have a lot of mishaps with our old system where people would make mistakes and it would then trigger an alarm. We’d end up having to get telephone calls. But so far, the Link Interactive system has worked very well. It hasn’t failed yet. Reliability, ease of use and simplicity, especially for the end-users, are really what we’re after. Even the installation was easy and their customer service is definitely better than any alarm company we’ve had before.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I was with LiveWatch then they got bought out by Brinks, and I didn’t like Brinks. Their customer service was horrible. So, I looked online and I got ahold of Link Interactive. Their customer service is great and their price is very reasonable, so that’s kind of where I landed. The initial correspondence and support was great too.

I upgraded my panel and I had a couple of issues trying to get some of the sensors ‘cause it was different than my original panel. I got ahold of tech support on several questions, and they were pretty prompt and pretty knowledgeable. They were somebody I could understand which means a lot to me. The system is through alarm.com and I had alarm.com before, and that’s so far, the best. All my sensors and everything is working so the service has been pretty positive so far.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I was with ADT for the longest time and they did anything but jab me with pricing. Link Interactive's monitoring cost seemed to be lower. Plus, overall, they seemed like they were the better company. I installed the system and it was simple. Moreover, my interactions with their reps were excellent. Every time I talk to them, I get the answers I need quickly. They're always there and they don't let me off the phone until I'm 100% satisfied.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I chose Link Interactive, but then I decided to go with a different company later on because Link provides a DIY, and I was not comfortable installing the devices myself. Nonetheless, I was completely satisfied with the service I received. Whether it was during the purchase or during the cancellation of the service, they were really good. They did not try to push me. They understood and respected my decision.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I had really good luck with Link Interactive. They worked with me on a few things. I just wanted some basic stuff and the cameras, so I customized. Also, I've had quite a few interactions with their reps, and all of them were really good. I work out of town, so it was nice to have the system. They are much better than the private thing I had before. I had a few problems, but I just had to call in and they took great care of me. My experience has been excellent.

Link Interactive Company Information