toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Link Interactive

You deserve the best and we are happy to give you just that! Thanks for being a part of our family and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future

Original review: May 13, 2017

My husband and I were having a very poor time with Foresight Security, so we decided to pay them off the rest of the contract and go with Link Interactive. And Link Interactive has been great. The gentleman that we bought the service from initially was amazing. They told us how to hook it up from the beginning. The installation was simple and very easy.

Link Interactive called us about an alarm. We asked them how we would go ahead and change the option from Stay or Away while we were out and about. The lady that we talked to was very helpful and walked us through every step. I couldn't be happier and we feel more secure since the installation. The only issue I have, and that's probably not with Link itself, is that the motion detectors keep going off from my animals. My husband has been testing it. But one time, we were in a hurry that we haven't had time to hit the Away, just the Stay. So we do need to speak to somebody on how we can fix our Away because that would tighten the security when you go away.

Link Interactive

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome experience and please let us know if you ever have any questions or ever need anything in the future!

Original review: May 11, 2017

We've had Link Interactive for two months now. I went with them because of the monitoring price and the flexibility to choose what I wanted. I called with them with a support question and they helped me figure it out. Then they sent the box. It had instructions which I followed. It was pretty much all self-install and straightforward. They set it up a lot before they shipped it to me. I like the arming and disarming from the phone feature. My wife sleeps better at night knowing that if anyone opens the door, the security system is gonna go off. And when I travel, she puts it up and sleeps well knowing that its there. So, she’s a lot more comfortable. All in all, it's been a painless and convenient experience with Link Interactive.

Link Interactive

Thanks for you feedback. Glad the install went smoothly! Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I did a brief search on the internet and found Link Interactive. They were one of the first few that came up on the web and their website looked pretty good. I decided to go with it and see what it was like. I've been with them for two or three months and I like it so far. The installment was pretty fast, swift and it was easy to follow step by step. The guidelines were pretty instructive. I definitely feel more secure with the system installed and that's the first and the most important thing. Also, it's easy to see how secure your place is on a day-to-day basis. I can check on the status whether the home is secure from my phone. It's pretty good and easy to use right now.

I heard about Link Interactive from somebody who's from another alarm systems company that had to use it. For about four months now, I’ve been using it in my business. Installing the system was super easy, especially with no wires. I can also add on to it once it's up and running. Their customer service was the best thing about the whole system. I talked to the sales people that originally set up the system for me. They were very helpful in setting up and sending more stuff. Overall my experience with them was excellent.

I chose to have Link Interactive because of their price and I had a good sales experience with them. I was pretty much sold on what they all had to offer. And though the installation was dreadful since the instructions weren’t user-friendly, we got it done. The bigger mount needed to be on the door and I didn't know that so I ended up ripping the paint off my wall. It was tedious but they had the system up now. It’s running fine now and I have no complaints. It locks just fine, doesn’t make any noises and as soon as anything happens we did get that call so I know it works. It's doing its job and I’m happy with their service.

I was trying to find something reasonably priced and with Link Interactive, it was the cost combined with what you get for the cost that convinced me to go with them. We got video surveillance and 24/7 system monitoring. The rep had recommendations from me just describing to him what I wanted the system to do and he addressed every question with ordering. He has the system himself, and he would tell me what he does. He was really patient, thorough and very helpful. I was walked through everything by the rep who was incredibly awesome. My one interaction with them was one of the most positive customer service experiences I’ve had in recent memory.

I've been with Link since April and the installation was extremely easy for the stuff I got. The system does what it’s supposed to do. I usually set it when we leave the house and on most nights. I sometimes forget that it’s on when I open the garage door in the morning, but then I just turn it off. All in all, the experience has been easy and positive.

I like Link Interactive’s total package. Their rates seemed to be competitive on the lower end, their customer service seemed to stand out and they had good online reviews as well. The instructions when installing their security system were clear and easy. We have the app that we just turn on and off from my phones as needed. The only problem we had was that the system was all adhesive and a few units were sticking so the team had to send us out from replacement stickies and better-quality ones. That made the installation a bit of hassle. The team at Link Interactive were easy to work with and organized people. The only time we ever had to call in was for the additional adhesive and they took care of it, sent it out to us in the mail and it went fine.

Link Interactive was one of the vendors for the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 I was researching about. I had ADT for years and I had another house now. I had Link for about two to three months now and so far, I’m very pleased with the service. I’ve used to talk to tech support a couple of times and they all seem helpful and very knowledgeable. The sales process including online purchase for the equipment was easy plus installation was simple since it’s all wireless system. They put in the panels and it is real easy and very intuitive. In addition, the mobile app is good and does the job. Been playing around also with the geofence and it’s interesting. Plus, the pricing’s really low for the month ahead. I had a very good experience with them. And also my neighbor just bought a system like mine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

We were broken into and I got a security system from Link Interactive. I found them on the internet and they were rated very high in customer service. The security system is in a vacation home, so we're not there all the time. Installing it was very easy and I had the help of the people on the phone when I had questions. I’ve used it for a few months now and it's been a good experience so far.

Link Interactive was very straightforward. It wasn't trying to sell me on other products. I just installed what I wanted and got it set up. But I've had to call them a couple of times about setting it up. Then after they put the sensors up they logged it all in. The reps were very knowledgeable and the interaction was very streamlined and easy. It's nice to have the system.

I have Link Interactive as my home security provider for three months and they were great. I chose them due to their do-it-yourself install. Most companies that come in and install it for you want to charge higher monthly service charge. Device installation was extremely easy. The only thing that really required some effort was just putting in the outdoor camera just because you have to go up a ladder but everything only involved is one or two screws. The garage door openers were kind of difficult and I had to call in and get help with both of those. Their guys have been knowledgeable, extremely professional and courteous. I'm completely happy with the functionality that's available. It does reminders and notifications and I had set the cameras up to detect motion and record based off of the motion that it sees.

I had Vivint before but they were so expensive so, I was looking at other companies that had the same type of equipment but not as expensive as Vivint was. We moved to our house in mid-May and started with Link Interactive then. We wanted a good balance and it had the same high-quality materials but wasn’t insanely expensive. The manager also granted us two full months of free service. They mailed us the stuff which got here within two days and we set it up ourselves. Normally, they pre-program everything but the whole detection thing you put on the door wasn’t programmed. I called them and they pre-programmed it. It took two minutes on the phone and it really was easy. It wasn’t bad at all.

I like having the system, personally, because when my boyfriend has to work at night, it's nice to know that someone would be alerted if anything would happen. I like how when you call them, it goes straight to a human. I don't like listening to automated things because it feels frustrating. With Link, it's very easy to get a hold of the manager so, if one of the reps has a question, I don’t have to be on hold for forever. Then, one time, they messed up, they sent us this glass break and gave it to us for free. They have a good customer service, they're very professional and efficient. It's overall a very positive experience.

My son always checks around for the best and we heard about Link Interactive through him. My son and his family live upstairs and I live downstairs. When he had a conference to go to Las Vegas, I was nervous and I got scared being alone. Even though I have a big dog, it concerned me so my son did Link for me. He installed it and put up the little Link sticky things on the windows and the thing out on the lawn. We've been using the system for a few months now.

The other day we're having a troublesome neighbor and my son wanted to know if we could record it and what it would cost. I called Link yesterday and they said it wouldn't be any additional expense and they told me how to do it. The lady I talked to involving the cameras was very nice. Also, when we had Link on our cellphones, my son had me call them and talk to them 'cause the system is in my name. The reps were very nice on the phone and they check back a couple times. They're very smart, up-to-date and they know what they're talking about. They were very patient with me on the phone and explained everything even though some of it I couldn't understand.

The only thing was the yellow lab that sleeps with me likes to wake up when she has to go the bathroom. It happened about once a week for the first three weeks where I got up and opened the door and the sound would go off. But it was okay and it hasn't happened for about three weeks now. I figured out that I have to wake up before I got up. Overall, I'm happy and I feel safe with Link.

I probably talked to 20 other companies and a lot of them were really pushy when it came to their sales tactics. It was really surprising because you don't see a lot of companies doing that nowadays. But it was just a different kind of experience for Link Interactive. The guy was really helpful over the phone when he first set us up. He was pretty knowledgeable. Plus, their price was pretty competitive and we've been with them for six months now.

We got a box and it was pretty much self-installed. When we had any questions after going over the instructions, we just called and asked the guy. However, it wasn't the easiest doing the self-install. If they can provide an option if someone wants to have a technician out there for the initial install and they can charge fees for them, that could be a huge plus. In my case, Link didn't provide that to me and we didn't really have a choice of doing that. But it worked out and we got a bond. Though the descriptions or the instructions can be a little better. Aside from that, I love the system. It's pretty up-to-date and smarter.

Link Interactive was simple and easy to install. There was one minor annoying thing about the registration because we had to get something from the local police. It’s also annoying that it dings every time I open the door. There’s no way that I can adjust the volume even when it’s not armed especially when it’s early in the morning and everybody is still asleep. And I just want to go out and smoke without waking up the entire house. If they could change that, that’d be awesome.

I had Vivint in my old home for three years and then I just built a house and was looking into something more affordable but basically the same equipment. I started researching on the internet and I found Link Interactive. Everything’s good with the installation. I like them. It's maybe a little better than Vivint. I had a little bit of issue with the cameras but all in all installation was easy and their representatives were all great. We're in a small town but things happen in small towns as well and it's nice knowing when you're in town your house is armed in a way and you don’t have to worry about anything.

I have been using Link Interactive for about two months now and I like that they're mobile connected with the 2Gig. So far, my experience with the system's pretty good but the installation was a little tough. My husband and I are pretty IT savvy but the system wasn’t the most user-friendly and I wish I could've just called them to begin with and made them set it up for me. They say it's a DIY system but it's not very easy to set up so they have to do a better job there. Also, when I was going through the sensors that I needed to get my home outfitted, I feel like choosing which sensors to get is very subjective. I have a baby and the first guy I was working with didn’t understand how often I get up at night for a baby. He had recommended motion sensors and that didn't work. I called them back and they said he should've recommended this other thing.

So I’ve been playing with the system for the last two months on what are the bad sensors set up for the house. I had to turn back in motions sensors or glass break sensors because they weren’t working with our setup. I still have one of the motion sensors that I need to send back because it's too sensitive for the dogs, but I can’t and haven’t been able to disconnect it. There was nowhere on their website or anywhere that says which is the best way to protect my house. Eventually, I got somebody who told me that majority of break-ins happen because windows and doors were left unlocked so having a sensor on those doors was the best protection. I ended up doing that but I would've probably got it on the get go versus getting a bunch of glass breaks and spending a bit more money than I probably should have on sensors.

I previously had an alarm system with Link Interactive. I've been with them for more than 5 years. It's very user-friendly and does what we want it to do.

I Googled the top security DIY systems and Link Interactive came up as number two. I was able to carry over my previous system with them. I had a LiveWatch which is almost the same as Link Interactive but Link follows through with troubleshooting the equipment unlike LiveWatch. Customer service is great as well as the technical support. Also, I like the services that they have provided compared to Frontpoint. I installed the doorbell camera and the two garage door openers. However, we had a lot of trouble on the garage doors and one of the sensors that I received malfunctioned. But we were able to get it going and it's working now.

I bought a new home but I was spending many hours away, so I got a security service from Link. There was a friend who was helping with the instructions on how to install the Link Interactive system. In a couple of hours we were able to go through everything and got it up and running. When I had issues with one sensor for the garage door, I had to call customer service a couple of times. After a few false alarms, I needed the sensor replaced with a new one. My interactions with the customer service went well. They were really quick and it was easy to deal with them.

It’s good that Link is a wireless system. I like the application and the ability to activate and deactivate the sensors. You can also add a sensor on your own and you don’t need to get a technician to come all the time. The mobile app is reliable and I like that it’s very practical. It’s a great experience to be able to check and not have any doubt regarding the alarm if it’s set or not. As soon as I moved in my new home, I immediately installed and activated it. I feel safe and confident that the system is working well. It has been a lot better since I’m old and I would recommend Link Interactive.

I went with Link Interactive when the salesman told me it was going to be easy and it seemed to work out so I made a good choice. During installation, I read the directions, I stuck everything where it needed to go, and I turned it on. And then, I called up the company to activate it. I have two motion sensors and it tells me that I'm walking around the house. But it's been a nag and eventually, I'm going to shut that off. Other than that, everything has been good. Nobody else lives in the house and I'm never there so installing the security system is good.

Link had quite a few monitoring incentives, their price is very reasonable, and the system looked good. I got the system, put up the units, gave a call back to them, and we activated it. I liked the size of the contact because sometimes some of the companies have very large ones. For someone who knows a little about the system and the service, it was very easy to set up. I had to call about one of the motion detectors that wasn’t working properly and we fixed it over the phone. I also ordered the key attachment and the first one didn’t work. It would have worked, but the person didn’t seem to know how to give me instructions about how to use it because the second one was almost doing the same thing. When I called, I got a young lady on the line who said a different instruction and it worked.

It took a little bit of time before I got a new one. I called and they were supposed to ship one out. I waited a few days and nothing came, so when I called back, I got another rep and they didn’t recognize that they originally sent me their key. They looked again and the rep said it’s the one they sent me. It was weird, but it worked out. I feel good that we have this monitoring system going on. I wouldn’t wanna live without the system. We're in a nice area, but that’s where things happen. Overall, everything was fine and I would recommend the system.

I've been with Link Interactive for a little over a month. Their system seemed to have the most modern technical display that provided more modern day options that's combined with the best value of upfront expenses and monthly expenses. It was relatively easy to install. I was pretty confident that if most people can do it, then I can do it too. My favorite feature is the automatic cellphone shut off. When you return home, walk into the house and the system is armed, and you have your cellphone that is paired with the system, it automatically shuts the device off. I've had several questions during the course of using the product, and they've been responsive and accurate. However, there was a feature that was not as flexible as we thought it could be and that was a little disappointing, but it's understandable at this stage of the game. Overall, it's been a very positive experience.

I can call up and have a real person on the phone with Link Interactive. These guys and gals took the time to explain the system in a very easy way to understand. They were friendly, quick, informative, and helpful. The installation was a very easy set-up and straightforward. However, the screws that they supplied were very weak. Then the arrows on the hardware cannot be seen so well. It would have been nice if the arrows were different colors so I could see it when I'm lining it up. Then I would also like to see the monitoring price and the prices of adding services to come down a little bit. I would love to add a camera, but I just wanted a little bit added to my monthly payments. If they were to address this cost-effectiveness then they should provide me a promotion. Overall, it's excellent and I would recommend it.

Link Interactive's price was competitive with everybody else, but it was mainly the reviews I read that sold me. I got it also mainly because of all the automation features that I can add. The installation was simple and the instructions were not too difficult, but I have had a lot of problems with the system. I can't unlock the front door from my phone because it has the Z-Wave lock, which is always offline. I called them, it got escalated and they sent me a new one but it's still doing the same thing. They wanted me to buy an extender which I shouldn’t have to because it's not my fault it's not working. They should have sent me one. I tried to install the extender on Tuesday and it wasn't making the lock any better. I was on the phone with them and they couldn’t figure it out.

I was supposed to get a callback from the manager, but I haven't received one yet. I've called every week to try to get the front door locked and it's been going on since I installed the system about a month and a half ago. Now, the motion detector is not working either. I figured the system would initially be good, but I haven’t had a good experience with it thus far. I signed a three-year contract and I'm about to figure out a way to go around it. I don’t wanna pay for something when I'm not getting all the features that I'm paying for when I have already bought a separate equipment.

We wanted to get a new security system for our house and I did some research online where I got Link Interactive. I like Link's price and options and we've got them since March. I did the installation and it was easy. The instructions were self-explanatory. The experience has been easy and all good and I would recommend Link Interactive.

I've had the Link Interactive system since April and we feel safer with it. Certain parts of the set up were easy, and certain parts were more complicated. My doorbell connectivity cables weren’t the ones that the doorbell is supposed to be at. I had to re-rig it myself. I looked up some YouTube videos on how to do it and fixed it up myself. My wife’s brother came in not knowing that the alarm was on, it went off and I immediately got a call. They called the cops, but we were able to put a hold on it because we knew who was in the house. Their customer service team is responsive, pleasant to talk to and well-mannered. Everything is working well so far. Overall, it's great, but it takes time to figure it out and to follow instructions.

I liked Link Interactive's pricing. It was also very flexible to pick up everything and I could install the security system myself which was more convenient to me. The installation was little bit complex, but it was easy. However, there are some functions in the control panel that are not that friendly and I don't know how to use them. I need to refer to the instructions. It's nothing necessary though. Also, when I use the cellphone control, it always shows some error. The cellphone app is having a hard time communicating with the system. When I use the arming or disarming feature, it’s armed or disarmed, but the app always shows errors. Nevertheless, the system is reliable and very sensitive.

Link Interactive was listed as tied with another company for the number one system in 2016, so I got them. I own two systems and setting them up was very simple. I've had one of them for about two months and the other for about one month. I'm mainly securing the doors, windows, fire and carbon monoxide, but there's no doubt that it gives me a little better sense of security. I've called a couple of times, mainly over ordering different equipment. I had an error come up last week and they sent me an email on it. I got back in touch with them and we're working towards resolving it. Any kind of interaction that I've had with them has been very positive. So far, their customer service has been top-notch, so I'm pleased.

Link Interactive was one of the best security companies that always popped up across different sites so I figured it had to be good. Also, I chose it because others were a little more expensive and Link was all-around good service. The rep was helpful too. I had him on hold for a good week while I was doing my research. Every time I called him back with more questions, he would answer them. I'm happy with that point.

The system was a self-installation. There have been a good seven times that I made a mistake and put in the wrong password and the alarm rang. But then I put the right one in and I've never gotten a phone call. It's not a bad thing but it's not a good thing either. I've thought of leaving the alarm to see what happens because I want to test it. But overall, it's been good. When I put that at night, I feel more comfortable that if someone walks in, I might hear the alarm. So, it makes me feel more secure. I'd recommend Link Interactive to someone else if they were looking for a system because it was so easy.

A friend of ours uses Link Interactive at their summer house in Florida. We were looking into new security and they mentioned how much they love it. There was a closest competitor that’s very similarly priced, with a very similar system but with the referral, we chose Link and we got the free month. The price was quite good and affordable and I prefer installing things myself because I don't like to pay for people to do things I'm perfectly capable of doing. We first got the security system at the house nine months ago and then we got it at the business after it went so well with the house.

Installing the security system was easy. It was very basic, common stuff and all I need to know is how to use a drill. I called one time there was an issue or a question. They answered the phone right away and answered my questions without any issues. I haven't been on hold for more than 3 minutes tops. And they've always been friendly and helpful and resolved my issues. Overall, our experience with Link Interactive has been very positive. Since we opened the business, we’re not at the house so being able to do everything and check everything like adjusting the thermostat remotely at home from our phones has been tremendous.

Link Interactive has been my security provider since May. Their monthly plan, when compared to others, costs less and they're providing a similar functioning product. However, I've had difficulties with the Alarm.com app which allows me to monitor or control our home security system from my phone. I’ve called Link Interactive plenty of times and their responses have been helpful but the issues are still there. The app is hitting road blocks all the time. There are plenty of other companies who also use Alarm.com so I thought it was recognized, but their app is not that up to the mark. Nevertheless, it feels more secure having Link Interactive. It helps having it.

Resolution In Progress

Link Interactive

Thanks for the feedback. We will have someone contact you immediately regarding returning your Liftmaster. We are sorry it didn't work out for you.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I researched about Link Interactive on the internet and then I decided to go with them. However, the installation didn't go well because the directions were not that good. They didn't provide enough information in the installation of the different sensors. I have windows that don't match what they show in their diagrams. Also, the tape that they use doesn't always work. It's not as strong as they think it is.

The sales rep also oversold me on the one thing I bought. It’s called master or something and it’s for the garage doors. It’s hard to install and I couldn’t get it to work. I called back and told him that I want to send this back and I want my money back, as well. He said, "Oh, okay. We'll send this packet out. You just put it in this packet and send it back to us and we'll give you credit." But I never got anything and I haven't heard from him since. Nonetheless, the people I've talked to for help with the system had been very good and helpful.

Link Interactive Company Profile