Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.59/5
Based on 2,028 ratings submitted in the last year

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)

BOTTOM LINE

Link Interactive offers a simple DIY installation with three straightforward plans. Although the equipment costs money upfront, the contracts are flexible and discounts may be provided.

PROS

• Crash and Smash technology
  • Flexible contracts
  • DIY installation

CONS

• Upfront equipment cost

Top Link Interactive Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

I was going through the internet and I found Link Interactive … I love my Link system, and I don't have any complaint. Since having it at home, we've been feeling a lot safer. I'm satisfied with Link Interactive and I'll recommend them.

Link Interactive has been a great company to work with ... We used to have a lot of mishaps with our old system where people would make mistakes and it would then trigger an alarm. But so far, the Link Interactive system has worked very well. It hasn't failed yet.

Link Interactive Call Now Toll Free (855) 830-3776 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Link Interactive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

We just moved into a new home about eight weeks ago and the system that the builder had installed was antiquated. It was an old ADT kind of a system and I wanted a touchscreen all kinds of bells and whistles and to be able to control it from my phone. So, I had to purchase a new one. I have a couple of different properties and I've had Vivint as well as Frontpoint. Link Interactive’s service is comparable but it's a little less expensive so I'm happy with that. A lot of times, the salesperson would talk to you about all the great benefits, levels of service and tech support. But more often than not, that ends up being a little bit over promised and you have to end up figuring it out or doing it yourself. In this case, sales was informative, consultative and very helpful. It was backed up by always being there when I had questions. The tech team and the support team were there when I needed to do my install. So, I couldn't be happier.

The system’s features were great because the builder installed a wired system to a number of things in my new home and that was put into the control box all wired but I wanted to control everything wirelessly. So, they helped me with the solution to install the necessary hardware to communicate with their new screen so that I could make use of the existing system that the builder installed but also add the features that I wanted to. They were a little more involved than just coming to my house, installing a screen and a cup of glass break protectors. I got the support and knowledge that I needed. Everybody seemed to know exactly what they were talking about. So, it was impressive.

The only thing that didn't go supremely is that I had ordered some hardware, which I received, but the doorbell camera was too wide for the space I had available on my house. So I had to return that camera. Link has contacted me a couple of times about the replacement but I've not had time to take a look at it. But that wasn’t their fault nor mine. That was just one of the crazy things in life. They've made this easy and the return was managed well.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I wanted to protect my belongings and my family. Link was a great system while I had it. They were really responsive and really helpful in picking out the equipment and the services that I needed. They didn’t really try to push me into anything, which surprised me. I was expecting kind of a high-pressure sales pitch and didn’t get any of that. They made everything really affordable. Initially, it seemed like it was gonna be too expensive to get all the equipment but somehow, they got the price down to 80 bucks. That was for everything including the nice panel. They were just wonderful.

The installation was very simple. All the parts came with numbered boxes and you just install them in the order that they came. There was a Pion stick tape and they gave instructions. Once I got all that done, I plugged in the main control panel and it picked up all the sensors. I tested them then called in and they activated the account.

I had every feature that I was looking for and more. The panel that they offered was easily the industry’s most feature-rich panel. They chose that for a reason because they wanted to be able to offer as much as they could to their customers. I could have a streaming video, I could have static sensors, and I could have outdoor cameras. I could have anything I wanted. They sold all that and they serviced it. But they also made it clear that I could buy it on my own and add it to the system if I could find it cheaper somewhere else. They weren’t even trying to lock me into a system where I had to buy stuff from them.

Link had great people. They had great customer service and they were very responsive. Everything came quickly and with the assurance that my local laws had been checked and I wasn’t gonna be breaking any laws by installing this thing. They did all the footwork for me and made it really easy. But I ended up moving and getting rid of the system. I just didn’t need it in the new location. But although I didn’t have a great deal of opportunity to use the system, it worked great and had capabilities beyond what I was expecting. It had the ability to add hundreds of home automation tools that you could control from the device and not have to tie up a dedicated controller that you have to program yourself and connect to touchscreens. You have one system that controls your security and your home automation. It was really convenient.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I needed a security system because I got a new home. Like the previous company I had, Link is a good provider and it has a good service. They kinda called to make sure that I was set up appropriately. My representative was very nice and extremely flexible, which I really liked. I loved the customization of my system. That was a really good feature for me.

But the installation was painful and it was not as easy as they say. You would expect the sensors and all those things to be put together. Mine wasn't. I don't know if I got an economy package or what but it was not as quick as they said. And I had a similar system before in the house that I bought. It was a matter of me getting it up and just taking that thing off and putting mine on. But with Link, I had to put the units together. That was the part for me that was like, "Huh."

They put the things for you and the sensors and all that. But the thing is not as simple. But after that, you're good. It wouldn't have even been bad though if I knew that it wasn't as simple as they were saying, which most things aren't in life. People cream puff their wares. I would've been prepared when I opened the box and put it that way. It's like, "Oh, we're not doing this today or tomorrow."

Also, I have a thermostat thing that I still haven't even figured out how to use. I opened the box when I came and wanted to put it up. But when I went to open the box and it was like, "Oh my god. Are you serious?" I literally pushed it off to another day. I gotta work and I'm not home like so many people are. I have to take the time to get with that. But I know it's gonna be great once everything is integrated together.

In terms of my purchasing experience and my customer service experience on the front end, it was great. The same can be said about the fact that Link is on the cellular system. That makes me feel good because it's independent of power. Being away, it has a backup and it's not a wire that's gonna be cut. That's why I went cellular versus a hard one.

But I'm getting work done and one of the windows replaced so my system's offline. When the sensors were being tweaked, they couldn't sense this and that. Someone went through and adjusted some stuff. I told my son, "They're gonna be doing the work in here. We're gonna be getting those windows out." When you install and reinstall, it's something they need to do. But no one has called me to ask if I was online. I am online now. But that piece was needing to be worked on.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I selected Link over ADT whose hardware features are really bad. Even their latest design isn't good. I did a DIY installation of our whole Link system and it wasn't bad. But it was a little fragmented in the fact that it comes from different people. There is a Link Interactive layer on top of the Alarm.com layer. Link Interactive is primarily the security call center that sells hardware while Alrm.com is the platform that runs things. But once I realized that, it was pretty straightforward.

I know that they let people install the systems themselves but they also have integrators that use their same system. I already had a security system in my house so I knew how I wanted it to work and I just reconfigured it. I was looking for cameras with POE on them and they gave me a list of cameras because it has to be a certain camera type based on the encryption. It was a little painful at initially getting it going but that was more of the hardware. It wasn't their hardware though but it was just hardware that they resell.

I had my package fully customized. I upgraded to the Qolsys panel, motion sensors, and two cameras. I've used the Alarm.com snap lines, like a tripwire, for detecting intruders. There are some pretty neat features that you can take advantage of. But a big weakness is their seams. Seams are more for automation and partitions are more for safety. They really haven't blended the two systems together well. But I'm sure they're working on it because there are features on the smartphone that are not available on the panel. It's just an integration problem and they haven't gotten there yet.

There are some initial things with Alarm.com and some functionality features that I would have liked to have. Initially, out of the box, there were some hardware problems with a door sensor and a motion sensor that they quickly replaced. After that, there were issues with the software from Alarm.com. I'd like some improvements of Alarm.com on the features that are on the smartphone but are not on the panel. My request there is for seams as opposed to partitions. It just makes life a whole lot easier for users. Link has been very helpful and that concern has been forwarded to Alarm.com.

We had an issue where my wife didn't arm the system correctly because of the issues with the Alarm.com software. The alarm went off and the response was very quick. We got called. We've tested the system and it works great now that I got two hardware things resolved. I just would like the feature part fixed. Alarm.com is huge from the security platform but they aren't that responsive.

Original review: March 16, 2020

The city we live in has a very, very high crime rate, which is the main concern, and we have very nice items that we rather not have stolen or have to file thousands of insurance claims to replace. We've had different home security systems but Link's customer service is a lot better than other companies and their service is a lot cheaper. When we call in, we immediately get directed to customer service and we don't have to go through a huge automated system.

When I first spoke with their sales department, the guy asked me what made me choose Link and what was I looking for. The main thing is that he wasn’t trying to use pressured sales to make me want to choose Link. He gave me my options, he broke down pricing, and he answered all my questions. He even gave me the option to call back later if I wanted to if I wasn’t sure. The installation went very smooth. I did a system takeover. I was already previously using at home a lot of my equipment and it took a little long install, but that was something I was already expecting because there was so much equipment I had before. But besides that, it was very easy and when I called in to activate, they were quick to do it. The last time I called their customer service, they went above and beyond to help with my issue. They forgot to send out a part to me accidentally and they overnighted it to me.

Their system is very good quality. The equipment that I decided to go with was 2GIG, which is a company that’s been around for years, and I’m very happy with that. And the cost is extremely cheap. For the quality of service we receive for that, it's a match. Not very many companies could go match what Link can do. Our sense of security has improved a lot from other companies. We arm the system when we're home and when we go to work. We’re away from the house a lot. We always feel protected no matter what.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

We looked at Vivint and what that would cost, and then looked at the Link and decided that it was a better way to go. I called them up on the phone and told them what equipment I wanted. They ordered it and I received it about seven days later as promised. I set it up myself. There were instructions in the box on what to do and when to do what. I like what I got. It's a two or three panel and I also have the recessed door sensors, which are nice. Then the camera is good out front.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I have trashy neighbors. Then I was gonna be out of town for a while, and my wife is pregnant. Signing up for Link Interactive was easy. I just chose a generic package and their system was a do-it-yourself kinda thing. I set it up before I left. And my wife is the one that has been using it. It seems to be working fine.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

The Link system was offered through Costco, originally, and I'm a big fan of Costco. Secondarily, it allows for home automation without any added fees to be able to use the full home automation features. Many of their competitors charge extra fees to use home automation. Recently, I upgraded my system and I had a tremendous experience. I got somewhat lucky and ended up with the sales manager on my call. He was extremely helpful. It was a complicated transaction and he made sure that it went perfectly smoothly.

The systems are very intuitive. There are parts that most of it you can do on your own. But there are some things that you have to call tech support for. Most times, unless they have a really high call demand, usually you're able to get through pretty quickly. The technicians are very knowledgeable to be able to walk you through any troubleshooting or do any of the steps that they have to do on their end. It's been very reliable. I've only had one kind of unexplained false alarm in five years. Overall, I'm very pleased. Link Interactive is easy to deal with, responsive, and overall high quality.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I moved to a new state. The customer service representative at Link was pretty attentive and I picked what I wanted. The functionality of the system was pretty easy. Mine won’t connect to WiFi currently, but other than that, it works. The smartphones feature is helpful as well. I'd recommend it to somebody.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

In the beginning, I was told that Link Interactive had the most flexibility with I could connect whatever kind of devices that I wanted to it. But I wish more things would've been included. Everything has to be bought up upfront. I wanted more cameras, but I didn’t feel like buying them. I don't really know much about smart home stuff, so I don't know what to pick out. I'm to the point of where I've done nothing. I almost actually cancelled. Another company was offering to buy out my contract for me to switch. I didn't end up going with them ‘cause I didn't want to do a five-year contract with them. They had a lot of good smart home options, but the sales guy got on my bad side.

We tried to DIY the Link system. We did the panel setup and all the sensors, but we didn't install the smoke detector yet or the doorbell. It was kinda hard to figure out when I actually didn't set up the system as my roommate was doing it. We couldn't get ahold of anybody, but they helped us, and we got the instruction for the wrong model.

Link Interactive Company Information