2.9/5 (41 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Cove

Since 2018, Cove has been delivering world-class security and life-safety solutions to their customers. Monitoring starts at $15 a month. No contracts. $0 upfront costs available. Get all the benefits of professional grade security at the cost of a DIY system. Customize your system to protect your home like a hero with Cove's DIY home security. Simple setup. Safe in minutes. Try Cove risk-free today!

Pros

• 60-day trial
  • No contracts
  • Minutes for DIY install

Cons

• No doorbell camera

Bottom Line

Cove’s affordable DIY-installed security systems include a 60-day trial. We wish the company had more equipment options, but the pros outweigh the cons with this nimble business.

Top Cove Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Every experience I have had with Cove has been fantastic. Customer service is amazing, and they are always willing to go the extra mile for their users. I can't imagine having ano...

Verified

The overall experience with Cove has been great … Great customer service, great security performance... I know it works because the various alarms have been triggered and it was a...

How does Cove security work?

Cove, a home security business founded in 2018, provides a DIY security system that takes about 30 minutes to install. The company offers a 60-day trial for its products, which is one of the longest trial periods in the industry. Cove doesn't lock customers into long-term contracts like some other companies. Its Basic plan costs just $15 per month, making it one of the cheapest monitoring plans available, though you must buy the equipment to receive that price. Cove has a 24-hour shipping policy that gets your new home security to your home just one day after ordering.

Cove security cost

Cove's security service costs from $15 per month to $24.99 per month if you purchase the equipment upfront. You can cancel at any time. If you financed your equipment and decide to cancel, you are required to finish paying for it. Otherwise, you're off the hook.

Basic planValue plan
With money down on equipment$14.99/mo$24.99/mo
With no money down on equipment$24.99/mo$34.99/mo

Cove security plans

Cove has two plans, the Basic plan and the Value plan. The Basic plan comes with 24/7 monitoring, InstaText, LiveAssist, cellular service and a one-year equipment warranty. The Value plan includes everything in the Basic plan plus a mobile app that allows you to arm and disarm your system, receive alerts and monitor your system remotely.

Beyond the basic features of each plan, Cove has highly customizable packages that let you pick and choose the equipment and features you prefer. You can go online to choose the best system for you — the company has a questionnaire to help you decide.

Cove security equipment

Cove's equipment comes with a lifetime warranty. Each Cove package includes a wireless tablet with a touch-screen panel that serves as the brains of the system. You can also have up to 20 user codes if you have multiple users. Additional equipment you can purchase from Cove includes:

• Indoor camera ($99)
  • Outdoor camera ($199)
  • Flood sensor ($20)
  • Door sensors ($15)
  • Motion sensors ($30)
  • Smoke Detector ($30)
  • Carbon monoxide detector ($50)
  • Window sensors ($15)
  • Glass break detector ($35)

Cove security FAQ

Does Cove have an app?
Yes. Cove has mobile apps for Apple and Android. The Cove security app lets you monitor your Cove system from the palm of your hand and includes the ability to watch live footage from security cameras. The apps are only available with a premium subscription, however.
Can Cove send notifications to my phone?
It can. Cove’s InstaText functionality sends security alerts to your phone.
Does Cove have a free trial?
Cove has a 60-day free trial, which is twice as long as the 30-day trial that is standard among most home security companies.
How do I install Cove?
Cove's wireless setup is simple. Follow the instructions on the touch panel, which guides you through the installation process. Cove touts an average installation time of just 27 minutes.

Do we recommend Cove security?

We recommend Cove's home security systems for their affordability, customization options and straightforward DIY setup. It's also convenient the company doesn't require a long-term contract like many other home security companies, and Cove's 60-day trial is a perk we don't see often. Cove is a good home alarm security company that steps up in areas where other home security companies have traditionally let consumers down.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cove?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

It was very simple to install and set everything up. I would highly recommend, I feel so much more safe when I’m home alone. It really makes a difference knowing that I’m safe, and I can keep track of everyone coming and going from my home.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Cove has been awesome. It was so simple to install and has worked great. I would recommend to anyone. Customer support was great too. They offered a full security solutions which is hard to find with the big brands. It seems like they really care.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I really like my Cove alarm system! The DIY setup is fast and step-by-step easy. Customer service is good but I haven’t needed them much. The product is good without their need. We’ve had police show up twice after the sensors were triggered. I feel peace of mind knowing my system is armed and calls the police when it is triggered.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

We have had our alarm now for almost 3 years. It was simple to set up and to use. A year ago we had a small issue when the app would no longer disarm the alarm. After calling in and working with tech support to fix the problem they figured it was an equipment issue. They ended up sending us out a new control panel which fixed the problem and we have continued to enjoy our alarm.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Cove provides a great system for a great price. It's a young company so there is some growth and development to be expected but overall I've been pleased with the service. Customer service is also pretty on point, especially considering they are overseas. Nice to see someone on top of their game.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

This camera is super easy to install. There's no hassle at all. It also has really good imaging and I definitely feel more secure with it set up. I can now leave the baby with a sitter and feel safer.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I purchased my Cove Smart security system in late 2021. In July of 2022 the main control panel of the security system stopped functioning which means the security and fire monitoring service isn't functioning. In July I was told a new control panel would arrive in 7 business days. It has been 30 days and still no panel and no security and fire monitoring service for my family and I. After repeated phone calls to Cove and many promises about a new control panel being expedited to my home, nothing has been shipped and the customer service agents continue to give me the runaround. Please read all the reviews about Cove before you make a purchase. Do not buy!!

Cove response

Hello Ralph! Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sincerely sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your system, and that it is taking more time than expected to receive a replacement panel. We verified that the panel has been shipped and it's on the way. We will have a manager reach out to address these concerns.

Original review: June 18, 2022

I tried to turn off the monitoring. However, there is no way to make the panel randomly and loudly announcing "Panel Communication Failure" unless I pay to reconnect my system to monitoring. Customer support confirmed this.

Hello Edward,

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with your services. Our panels are designed with monitoring in mind, though you can still arm and disarm the system, and the siren will trigger in the event of a sensor getting tripped. If you cancel that monitoring service, it will report that the panel has lost communication and advise you to contact us. We hope this information helps but feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Original review: June 12, 2022

Very bad in solving the problems. You need to call multiple times for same kind of issues. Mostly issues starts happening after 60 days we buys, so after 60 days they don't care about customer satisfaction or solving the problems (only try to act like nice get reviews after finish call). So if any customer wants refund after 60 days, they say your 60 days trial period is over now they cannot give refund. Then what's the reason for taking security service for your home when you don't receive any network or notifications. Another I see bad about cove is that, they reply to our review and say someone contact soon but nobody make call or even try to solve the problem.

Hello Joyeb,

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry for the many difficulties you have encountered with our support team and your equipment. We had a supervisor reach out. She called multiple times, but she was unable to find you. We wish we could've provided a better solution to make things right. We verified that your account was already canceled and that you will get a full refund. We have sent an email tocontinue following up and make sure we get everything taken care of.

Original review: June 8, 2022

After purchasing the equipment had no issues. Once the cellular towers switched from 3g to 4g or whatever it is called system has not worked. Would set alarm from app and continuously would say communication error. With that being said I called Cove to ask what the problem is and they stated it has been an ongoing issue. In layman's term it means the alarm is not synced to the monitoring company. If the alarm is not synced to the monitoring company and somebody breaks in the police won't be notified. In order to troubleshoot the system you need to be in front of the panel. How does Cove expect for you to be in front of the panel to troubleshoot it when you are on vacation. Please do your due diligence and shop around. Being forewarned.

Hello Andrew!

We are sorry to hear that you encountered this issue with your system. We had a supervisor reach out to you and we will take care of issuing a full refund. We are sad to see you go, and we wish we could have a better solution for you to make things work. We want to make sure your voice is heard as we continue to improve. Thank you for your feedback.

Cove Company Information