4.22/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 2018, Cove has been delivering world-class security and life-safety solutions to their customers. Monitoring is $14.99. No contracts. $0 upfront costs available. Get all the benefits of professional grade security at the cost of a DIY system. Customize your system to protect your home like a hero with Cove's DIY home security. Simple setup. Safe in minutes. Try Cove risk-free today!

9 Cove Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 21, 2019

The overall experience with Cove has been great. I can't compare them to others, as this is my first home alarm company I've used, but they've never given me a reason to seek another company. Great customer service, great security performance... I know it works because the various alarms have been triggered and it was always accurate. I've recommended several people to use this and continue to do so.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I love how fast they contact me in the case of an alarm activation and the simplicity of the setup. The only thing that would have given 5 stars is a functional mobile app. Otherwise I love the service!

Cove response

We are so glad you are enjoying the system. We definitely want to provide more features and abilities with the app as well. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Had a great experience, looking forward to some upgrades like doorbell cameras, and maybe an external alarm siren. In addition the ability to hook the alarm to WiFi, plus it would be nice to have maybe a separate small key panel that would allow disarming from another location such as the garage.

Cove response

We are so glad you have had a great experience. Let us know if you ever have any questions.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I'm an early adopter so when I found Cove I was all in. Cove provides the link between the out of the box solutions (Nest, Ring, etc.) and the big brand contracts like ADT. I love how I can set the product up myself and customize my solution, but also have the support and monitoring of a 24/7 service. I love the touch screen interface and the ease of use. However, there are some drawbacks. The app is very limited in its use and the AT&T only solution is not as reliable as I would like. I wish there was a hybrid solution with AT&T and WiFi to provide some extra reliability. I also cannot silence the panel entirely when there are minor issues such as communication failures due to service outage. This is really annoying since the panel is near my nursery and wakes my son up when it starts screaming. Other than that, this solution is solid. The siren is loud, the monitoring is quick and timely, and the sensors work flawlessly. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Cove response

Thanks for the great review and amazing feedback. We are definitely listening. Thanks for sharing this information.

Original review: May 1, 2019

First off the Cove team workers are 1st class, friendly staff. You couldn't as for a better group or organization of people. I recomend Cove for 1st time home security clients because they treat you like you are worth it. They walk you through step by step to get you set up and feel secure. I'm a real customer not a fake client! I explain on true and real feelings about Cove. Way to go Cove. Jamie **.

Cove response

I'm glad that you have had a good experience with our Cove team. Our goal is to be a customer-centric company, and we do that by making sure every experience is positive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cove?

Original review: May 17, 2019

My system is great, sometimes the alarm will go off for my son dropping his toy on the ground (glass break sensor) but other than that it is excellent! Wish they had more automation choices like door lock and lights control but it's still worth every penny.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Before I got Cove it seemed too good to be true. Over 97% positive service, feedback and or reviews I figured I'd have to get it for myself. After 3/4 months later I'm still happy with my choice and I've referred others. Everything is great! Thank you very much Cove!

Original review: May 3, 2019

When the system arrived, it said welcome to "Alder Security". It was having trouble connecting to the network and the customer service number it provided was for Alder Security, who had no idea who Cove was...? I couldn't find Cove's phone number anywhere online and had to open a sales chat on their website to reach them. The sales rep was very sarcastic and told me to "call the number on all the signs and stickers"- it's not on the sign or stickers, for the record. Final straw was when I had a false alarm and could not turn off the alarm remotely because the app was so dysfunctional. When I called customer service, they recommended force quitting and reopening the app several times "until it works". I'm glad for the long trial period because I sent it back and got Simplisafe- much better.

Cove response

Brad- We are sorry this happened. This is a very unusual and frustrating situation.We see that you cancelled within your 60 day risk free trial period and received a full refund. Thank you for giving us a chance. Our smart phone app has been updated since you cancelled and works great. We wish we could have served you better and wish you the best.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Every experience I have had with Cove has been fantastic. Customer service is amazing, and they are always willing to go the extra mile for their users. I cant imagine having another company protect my family.

Cove response

Thanks so much Phillip. We are so glad you chose Cove and we can help you protect your family.

Cove expert review by Ben Mannes

Cove Home Security brings professional-level monitoring, easy setup and affordability to your home. With Cove, you don’t need to worry about complicated contracts because there is none, and they offer a 60 Day, 100% money back guarantee.

• No contract: Cove does not depend on contracts locking you into a service that you don’t like. If you are unsatisfied, cancel at any time.

• 100% cellular security: Cove’s security works on a cellular network, making it safe from power-outages, bad WiFi signals, and outside hacking/tampering.

• Quick installation: The system itself is pre-configured before it is shipped to your residence, meaning all you need to do is set it up where you like and you’re done.

• Inexpensive: By using Cove’s no contract system, you are saving hundreds of dollars annually compared to a traditional security service.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Cove Company Information