Accredited Partner

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.43/5

Since 2018, Cove has been delivering world-class security and life-safety solutions to their customers. Monitoring is $14.99. No contracts. $0 upfront costs available. Get all the benefits of professional grade security at the cost of a DIY system. Customize your system to protect your home like a hero with Cove's DIY home security. Simple setup. Safe in minutes. Try Cove risk-free today!

BOTTOM LINE

Cove’s affordable DIY-installed security systems include a 60-day trial. We wish the company had Cove-specific security cameras, but the pros vastly outweigh the cons with this nimble, new business.

PROS

• 60-day trial
  • No contracts
  • Minutes for DIY install

CONS

• No Cove-specific security cameras

Top Cove Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cove?

Every experience I have had with Cove has been fantastic. Customer service is amazing, and they are always willing to go the extra mile for their users. I can't imagine having another company protect my family.

The overall experience with Cove has been great … Great customer service, great security performance... I know it works because the various alarms have been triggered and it was always accurate. I've recommended several people to use this and continue to do so.

How does Cove security work?

Cove, a home security business founded in 2018, provides a DIY security system that takes about 30 minutes to install. The company offers a 60-day trial for its products, which is one of the longest trial periods in the industry. Cove doesn't lock customers into long-term contracts like some other companies. Its Basic plan costs just $14.99, making it one of the cheapest monitoring plans available, though you must buy the equipment to receive that price. Cove has a 24-hour shipping policy that gets your new home security to your home just one day after ordering.

Cove security cost

Cove's security service costs between $14.99 and $39.99 a month, depending on the plan and whether you pay for equipment upfront. You can cancel at any time. If you financed your equipment and decide to cancel, you are required to finish paying for it. Otherwise, you're off the hook.

Basic planValue plan
With money down on equipment$14.99/mo$24.99/mo
With no money down on equipment$24.99/mo$34.99/mo

Cove security plans

Cove has two plans, the Basic plan and the Value plan. The Basic plan comes with 24/7 monitoring, InstaText, LiveAssist, cellular service and a one-year equipment warranty. The Value plan includes everything in the Basic plan plus a mobile app that allows you to arm and disarm your system, receive alerts and monitor your system remotely.

Beyond the basic features of each plan, Cove has highly customizable packages that let you pick and choose the equipment and features you prefer. You can go online to choose the best system for you — the company has a questionnaire to help you decide.

Cove security equipment

Cove's equipment comes with a lifetime warranty. Each Cove package includes a wireless tablet with a touch-screen panel that serves as the brains of the system. You can also have up to 20 user codes if you have multiple users. Additional equipment you can purchase from Cove includes:

• Flood sensor ($20)
  • Door sensors ($15)
  • Motion sensors ($30)
  • Smoke Detector ($30)
  • Carbon monoxide detector ($50)
  • Window sensors ($15)
  • Glass break detector ($35)

Cove security FAQ

Does Cove have an app?
Yes. Cove has mobile apps for Apple and Android. The Cove security app lets you monitor your Cove system from the palm of your hand and includes the ability to watch live footage from security cameras. The apps are only available with a premium subscription, however.
Can Cove send notifications to my phone?
It can. Cove’s InstaText functionality sends security alerts to your phone.
Does Cove have a free trial?
Cove has a 60-day free trial, which is twice as long as the 30-day trial that is standard among most home security companies.
How do I install Cove?
Cove's wireless setup is simple. Follow the instructions on the touch panel, which guides you through the installation process. Cove touts an average installation time of just 27 minutes.

Do we recommend Cove security?

We recommend Cove's home security systems for their affordability, customization options and straightforward DIY setup. It's also convenient the company doesn't require a long-term contract like many other home security companies, and Cove's 60-day trial is a perk we don't see often. Cove is a good home alarm security company that steps up in areas where other home security companies have traditionally let consumers down.

Cove Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cove?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Like many of the good and bad reviewers, I was drawn into getting Cove security for my home based on positive reviews and their pricing. Cove also assured me that by June they would be offering their own monitoring camera, doorbell camera and a Verizon sim card to replace the AT&T sim card. This was all good news to me and one of the deciding factors in my choosing to go with Cove, unfortunately it was all a pack of lies and nothing more than a bait and switch scheme by a company who is big on promises but weak on quality and service. Beginning in April 2020, my Cove system would repeatedly and continuously go offline. Unfortunately AT&T is the carrier Cove has chosen to use as their data company, and it has the worst service in my neighborhood.

As of this afternoon, my system has been offline for an entire day now, which means there is nobody at Cove monitoring the security of my house. So what good is a "security" company that can't guarantee their clients reliable 24/7 monitoring of their home? And when I spoke to their Tech Support agent, his response was a cavalier, "Well cancel your service if you're not happy, but don't expect a refund from us because it's past your 60 day trial." I almost half expected him to add a snickering "sucker" to his comment. What a huge disappointment Cove has turned out to be. Trust in your home security company is huge because these are the people you are putting your faith in to keep your home safe. Cove promised they would monitor my home 24/7, they promised a monitor camera, they promised a doorbell camera and they promised me a Verizon sim card, they broke all of these promises and ripped me off.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

We came from ADT. If I could leave a zero-star review, I would. Literally the worst alarm system ever made. We purchased the equipment outright and since day one had nothing but issues. Troubleshooted, false alarm after false alarm every single time without fail that we left the house. We wanted to return the hardware, but were out of the 2 month grace period. 5 months in, after losing all faith and being frustrated from our dog now having PTSD from the machine we wanted a refund of their faulty, poorly designed, defective system. Their response was that it was MY fault I didn't call sooner. Hours on the phone wasted, service from AT&T would completely drop out rendering the system useless. Save your money, save your time and go with someone else. Anyone else. Really.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I purchased a new home and decided to go with Cove for our alarm system. I purchased the system and received it. Initially they did not send me 3 additional sensors that I paid for and when I called in I was told that I didn’t order the additional sensors. After going back and forth, I went ahead and ordered the additional sensors. I was shipped just one instead of the 3 I ordered. For almost one month I kept calling and was told that my order was processed and that it was being shipped out. I tried to talk to supervisors numerous times and was not successful. I was told they would call me and sure enough no calls.

In the meantime I was already being charged for the monthly fee without even activating my service. This was the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. They are liars, they don’t care about their customers and completely dismiss you once you sign up. I will be reporting them to BBB as well. Truly a disappointment because I was really looking forward to the system. I spent almost one week calling every day for them to cancel my service and refund my money. Do yourself a favor and go with another company!

Cove response

I am so sorry that happened, David. That is so frustrating. You are correct, COVID-19 has disrupted shipping results for most companies. I wish that were different. We would be happy to investigate the rest of your account and get everything resolved. Give us a call at 855-268-3669 Mon-Fri 8AM-6PM and ask to speak to a manager.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I've had this system less than a week and it has already failed as a reliable dependable home Security System. The first problem was one of the door sensors didn't work after install, no problem, called TS and they said they would send a replacement. I decided to arm the system in 'AWAY' mode to test the 3 motion sensors installed in each bedroom. I waiting by a window in each room for the system to arm, then I walked away from the window and was able to walk around the entire rooms before the motion sensor went off. Room #1 took about 24 seconds, Room#2 took over 30 secs and Room#3 took about 40 seconds before alerting the call center.

I called to ask why and was told it allows you time to deactivate the system, REALLY! 40 seconds is enough time for an intruder to take whatever they want and exit. That 40 seconds could have been used to alert the call center, send text message and dispatch the police before the intruder proceed into another areas of the home. I had installed motion sensors in the bedrooms instead of window sensors because they each had 2 large windows and I thought motion sensors was be better. I decided I would just order window sensors for the 6 windows as additional security. When I went to arm the system for the night the panel indicated a door was open and I couldn't arm it. The problem was, there was no door opened. This was the time I decided Cove was not going to work out for me.

I immediately called Cove and requested a return shipping label so I could return this equipment immediately. The door had to be removed in order for me to arm the system for the night, GREAT! Now I couldn't arm one of the main doors overnight. At 6:41am the next morning, I get a message "burglar tampered" message, which I had to click on a link to cancel. I thought it was the door that had been removed. Later when I go to disarm the system, I get multiple text messages seconds apart, 7:50am System Tamper, 7:51am System Tamper, 7:51am Zone Bypass Front Door, 7:52am Burglary Alarm: Control Panel, 7:52am Tamper while system is armed, 7:52am Multiple system activities reported, 7:53 Alarm canceled, 7:56am AC Power Failure Panel, 7:54am Call from Cove Call Center (Alarm panel is going off wouldn't allow me to deactivate saving "invalid code, invalid code").

I told the dispatch operator, "There is no alarm. This cheap system is going off by itself so don't send the police out here." I had to unplug it to get it to stop. This was another indication to return this system. This is a VERY dangerous system to have, I don't know if it's just that I received a faulty system, maybe a system another customer had returned faulty and Cove sent to me as 'NEW' or perhaps a used system from someone who died that was installed in their home and this system is haunted, I don't know, but this system could cause the police dispatched to my house and whose ever inside at the time can be mistaken as an intruder. This system has to go immediately!!!!

A security system should be reliable, no false alarms, should activate first movement of an intruder without delay time. I chose Cove after testing another system, which didn't work out and the fact they were new and I wanted to try it out, but the equipment I received is unacceptable as far as being a reliable home security. Another issue, the FREE camera, could never get it to scan the barcode, plus it's useless if it's not integrated with the Cove security system to monitor, what's the purpose of it, offer a FREE equipment device instead. I received my return label. I will box the equipment, including camera and send back immediately and try out another brand. I will say, they have a quick response Call Center team when an alarm does go off. 2 STARS for exceptional Call Center Dispatch Service.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Through the recommendation of a relative, my wife and I decided to become a customer with COVE. The cost was very attractive, but we didn't know what to expect of the Company nor their products. It's with great pleasure that I can say that their products are excellent, easy to install and that COVE stands behind their products firmly. Furthermore I would like to say that in every instance when I needed their help, advise, assistance and or instructions, every single COVE representative that I talked to has been very pleasant to deal with, very kind, very patient and very, very informative and very knowledgeable about their products. I can truly say that I, as a customer, am very, very satisfied with COVE, and that I am very pleased with their products and their pleasant and always ready to be of assistance customer service. Sincerely, Jan **.

Original review: June 21, 2019

The overall experience with Cove has been great. I can't compare them to others, as this is my first home alarm company I've used, but they've never given me a reason to seek another company. Great customer service, great security performance... I know it works because the various alarms have been triggered and it was always accurate. I've recommended several people to use this and continue to do so.

Original review: May 17, 2019

My system is great, sometimes the alarm will go off for my son dropping his toy on the ground (glass break sensor) but other than that it is excellent! Wish they had more automation choices like door lock and lights control but it's still worth every penny.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Before I got Cove it seemed too good to be true. Over 97% positive service, feedback and or reviews I figured I'd have to get it for myself. After 3/4 months later I'm still happy with my choice and I've referred others. Everything is great! Thank you very much Cove!

Original review: May 3, 2019

When the system arrived, it said welcome to "Alder Security". It was having trouble connecting to the network and the customer service number it provided was for Alder Security, who had no idea who Cove was...? I couldn't find Cove's phone number anywhere online and had to open a sales chat on their website to reach them. The sales rep was very sarcastic and told me to "call the number on all the signs and stickers"- it's not on the sign or stickers, for the record. Final straw was when I had a false alarm and could not turn off the alarm remotely because the app was so dysfunctional. When I called customer service, they recommended force quitting and reopening the app several times "until it works". I'm glad for the long trial period because I sent it back and got Simplisafe- much better.

Cove response

Brad- We are sorry this happened. This is a very unusual and frustrating situation.We see that you cancelled within your 60 day risk free trial period and received a full refund. Thank you for giving us a chance. Our smart phone app has been updated since you cancelled and works great. We wish we could have served you better and wish you the best.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Every experience I have had with Cove has been fantastic. Customer service is amazing, and they are always willing to go the extra mile for their users. I cant imagine having another company protect my family.

Cove response

Thanks so much Phillip. We are so glad you chose Cove and we can help you protect your family.

Cove Company Information