2.9/5 (46 ratings)
Call Center Open

About Cove

Since 2018, Cove has been delivering world-class security and life-safety solutions to their customers. Monitoring starts at $15 a month. No contracts. $0 upfront costs available. Get all the benefits of professional grade security at the cost of a DIY system. Customize your system to protect your home like a hero with Cove's DIY home security. Simple setup. Safe in minutes. Try Cove risk-free today!

Pros

• 60-day trial
  • No contracts
  • Minutes for DIY install

Cons

• No doorbell camera

Bottom Line

Cove’s affordable DIY-installed security systems include a 60-day trial. We wish the company had more equipment options, but the pros outweigh the cons with this nimble business.

Top Cove Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cove?

Verified

Every experience I have had with Cove has been fantastic. Customer service is amazing, and they are always willing to go the extra mile for their users. I can't imagine having ano...

Verified

The overall experience with Cove has been great … Great customer service, great security performance... I know it works because the various alarms have been triggered and it was a...

How does Cove security work?

Cove, a home security business founded in 2018, provides a DIY security system that takes about 30 minutes to install. The company offers a 60-day trial for its products, which is one of the longest trial periods in the industry. Cove doesn't lock customers into long-term contracts like some other companies. Its Basic plan costs just $15 per month, making it one of the cheapest monitoring plans available, though you must buy the equipment to receive that price. Cove has a 24-hour shipping policy that gets your new home security to your home just one day after ordering.

Cove security cost

Cove's security service costs from $15 per month to $24.99 per month if you purchase the equipment upfront. You can cancel at any time. If you financed your equipment and decide to cancel, you are required to finish paying for it. Otherwise, you're off the hook.

Basic planValue plan
With money down on equipment$14.99/mo$24.99/mo
With no money down on equipment$24.99/mo$34.99/mo

Cove security plans

Cove has two plans, the Basic plan and the Value plan. The Basic plan comes with 24/7 monitoring, InstaText, LiveAssist, cellular service and a one-year equipment warranty. The Value plan includes everything in the Basic plan plus a mobile app that allows you to arm and disarm your system, receive alerts and monitor your system remotely.

Beyond the basic features of each plan, Cove has highly customizable packages that let you pick and choose the equipment and features you prefer. You can go online to choose the best system for you — the company has a questionnaire to help you decide.

Cove security equipment

Cove's equipment comes with a lifetime warranty. Each Cove package includes a wireless tablet with a touch-screen panel that serves as the brains of the system. You can also have up to 20 user codes if you have multiple users. Additional equipment you can purchase from Cove includes:

• Indoor camera ($99)
  • Outdoor camera ($199)
  • Flood sensor ($20)
  • Door sensors ($15)
  • Motion sensors ($30)
  • Smoke Detector ($30)
  • Carbon monoxide detector ($50)
  • Window sensors ($15)
  • Glass break detector ($35)

Cove security FAQ

Does Cove have an app?
Yes. Cove has mobile apps for Apple and Android. The Cove security app lets you monitor your Cove system from the palm of your hand and includes the ability to watch live footage from security cameras. The apps are only available with a premium subscription, however.
Can Cove send notifications to my phone?
It can. Cove’s InstaText functionality sends security alerts to your phone.
Does Cove have a free trial?
Cove has a 60-day free trial, which is twice as long as the 30-day trial that is standard among most home security companies.
How do I install Cove?
Cove's wireless setup is simple. Follow the instructions on the touch panel, which guides you through the installation process. Cove touts an average installation time of just 27 minutes.

Do we recommend Cove security?

We recommend Cove's home security systems for their affordability, customization options and straightforward DIY setup. It's also convenient the company doesn't require a long-term contract like many other home security companies, and Cove's 60-day trial is a perk we don't see often. Cove is a good home alarm security company that steps up in areas where other home security companies have traditionally let consumers down.

Cove Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cove?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

It was very simple to install and set everything up. I would highly recommend, I feel so much more safe when I’m home alone. It really makes a difference knowing that I’m safe, and I can keep track of everyone coming and going from my home.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

We have had our Cove system for almost a year. We love love love it. Easy to use. Easy setup. Customer service has been super awesome when I’ve had questions. My entire family owns one now. I obviously would recommend this product to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Cove has been awesome. It was so simple to install and has worked great. I would recommend to anyone. Customer support was great too. They offered a full security solutions which is hard to find with the big brands. It seems like they really care.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I really like my Cove alarm system! The DIY setup is fast and step-by-step easy. Customer service is good but I haven’t needed them much. The product is good without their need. We’ve had police show up twice after the sensors were triggered. I feel peace of mind knowing my system is armed and calls the police when it is triggered.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

We have had our alarm now for almost 3 years. It was simple to set up and to use. A year ago we had a small issue when the app would no longer disarm the alarm. After calling in and working with tech support to fix the problem they figured it was an equipment issue. They ended up sending us out a new control panel which fixed the problem and we have continued to enjoy our alarm.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

From day one the sensors had trouble communicating with the panel. Finally after many many months of grief, a supervisor told the phone tech to suggest a 345 MHz repeater, which I just ordered. Don't know if it will fix the problem, but Cove should offer this repeater to anyone with a home larger than 1500 sq. ft. Cove could be a great inexpensive system if only the system would work properly!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I honestly cannot believe this company has high reviews which leads me to believe they are paying people to write reviews on websites. The overall experience with Cove has been disappointing to say the least. The Good: The company is cheap and equipment is affordable compared to more reputable brands. This makes Cove appealing especially during the holidays sales which are frequent. Setup and installation is relatively easy for a diy system. The response time for triggered alarms are good. Monitoring system is responsive which is what you want in a security company. Customer service is also really good within your 60 day trial period. That's where the good ends.

The Bad: The company is cheap for a reason. Equipment for this company is sub-par. Before my 60 day trial was up I faced several issues with multiple sensors failing. Turns out most of the sensors are shipped with cheap lithium batteries. I had to replace most of the batteries on most sensors due to the panel not communicating with most sensors. This should have been a sign to dump the company within the trial period but within 60 days they'll let you submit receipts for reimbursement for any equipment that's paid for out of pocket like batteries or adhesive tape for the sensor (which the tape failed on multiple sensors which triggers alarms when they fall). Good luck if anything happens after your trial period.

I was told any batteries I replace is my own expense. Also, I've been told my sensors don't communicate with my panel because my panel may be far away? This is false because I've had sensors lose communication within 2 feet of the panel. And, if you're in a large house there's no way your panel will be near all your sensors it should just work.

The Ugly: The low cost for this company is for a reason the equipment is cheap junk. Don't bother with their Yi outdoor cameras. They detect absolutely nothing. We decided to buy security cameras from a reputable brands and replace the cove cameras. We now self monitor our outdoor cameras which sort of defeats the point of paying for monitoring. The Cove app for Android is garbage. The app is honestly useless. Seldom can you use it to do anything functional. Don't bother using it if you need to arm and disarm your panel. It doesn't work. Cove promised Google integration which apparently customer service says "they're working on it". Check reviews on Google play store and you'll see countless complaints. Whether this is true or not they do not have Google integration.

My guess is Google will not integrate with a company that has faulty equipment which may lead Google open to lawsuits for security risk by integration with equipment that doesn't work. I paid for two key fobs that just stopped working. Even after batteries were changed. Good luck disarming your alarm when you're spooked out of your sleep for a false alarm that you cannot disable from the Cove app or key fob. Panel is pretty but it's trash. I've had multiple communication errors from the panel. I've had the panel freeze upon trying to disarm an alarm. The panel gives multiple power disconnects messages when it's plugged in and supposedly has a backup battery.

Customer service is less helpful after 60 days. Friendly but mostly useless as they cannot fix most issues and you now own junk equipment. I have had police dispatched to my house for false alarms more than I can count. It feels like the boy who cried wolf at this point. Hopefully they're still quick to respond should something actually occur. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Perhaps this is a growing pain for a new company but if you're serious about protecting your home and family go elsewhere. There are too many other choices from established companies to go with Cove. I wish it was better but it's not. I will be cancelling and going elsewhere. I value my home and family too much to trust them with Cove for protection.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

The one time I needed Cove the company utterly failed me. When traveling my alarm went off. I was unable to contact anybody at Cove. Neighbors report my alarms going off, but nobody at their third party dispatch can do anything about it. A monitoring center staff person said they have been having trouble "all day" contacting Cove. I cannot contact anybody actually at Cove via phone, email, or chat. It's a US holiday, so you should know if your alarm goes off on a holiday there's nobody at Cove you can talk to, and their third party monitoring service can do little. So now my home alarm will be going off until I can travel thousands of miles to turn it off myself. Not sure what I'm paying them for. I don't even know why it's going off -- smoke? CO2? Who knows. Further, you cannot cancel online, which should tell you something about how this company treats their customers. Do not trust this product.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

This camera is super easy to install. There's no hassle at all. It also has really good imaging and I definitely feel more secure with it set up. I can now leave the baby with a sitter and feel safer.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I purchased my Cove Smart security system in late 2021. In July of 2022 the main control panel of the security system stopped functioning which means the security and fire monitoring service isn't functioning. In July I was told a new control panel would arrive in 7 business days. It has been 30 days and still no panel and no security and fire monitoring service for my family and I. After repeated phone calls to Cove and many promises about a new control panel being expedited to my home, nothing has been shipped and the customer service agents continue to give me the runaround. Please read all the reviews about Cove before you make a purchase. Do not buy!!

Cove response

Hello Ralph! Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sincerely sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your system, and that it is taking more time than expected to receive a replacement panel. We verified that the panel has been shipped and it's on the way. We will have a manager reach out to address these concerns.

Cove Company Information