Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Slomins Alarm Systems

Charles, Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Original review: July 22, 2016

An older version of Slomins had been there before I moved in and I decided to get it after I got broke into and lost over $10,000 worth of equipment. The installation was very easy. The salesman came out as it was being installed and wanted to check up on things and see how things were going. He was very courteous. The installer was also very knowledgeable and he has been doing it for 27 years. One time I forgot to set it and I set it from my phone, which is great. I feel safer with the system in place.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joe, thank you for the feedback and if you have any problems please give us a call at 516-932-7000.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

The salesman was real easy to talk to and the tech that installed the security system was a very well trained professional. The installation was very nicely done. With the system installed, I now sleep better at night. Also, the oil that I get from Slomins is of much better quality and my burner runs much better so I don’t have to service it as often. Overall I’m very satisfied. Sometimes, the camera doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to and I have to reset it at the modem. But I don’t know if that’s Slomins' glitch or the modem box’s glitch.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Danielle, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Slomins Alarm System was great. The guy who gave us the estimate knew his stuff. He wasn't trying to sell extra stuff which was good. During the installation the guy from Slomin's was informative too. Overall, they're fast and reliable.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Chrissy, I apologize for missing the appointment and we will be in contact with you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

We are a long time Slomins oil customers, we were very interested in the security system. We had the appt all set up, and no one bothered to show or even a courtesy call. Very disappointed, that's poor business.

For years I thought my home was secure. When I traveled overseas I had eliminated long distance and was not protected because their alarm company was in the mid west. After days of calling no one could or would explain I was not monitored. I found out why. Terminated the service and they continued to Bill me and send menacing letters. They went sneaky and got a judgement against me and got over $800 off me for services not rendered claiming I violated the contract and terminated it early charging additional fees.

The state attorney general needs to take a look at crooked, sneaky corporations perpetrating a fraud and acting so noble deceiving people. I don't know how many times I tried to get Slomins to do the right thing. They did not want to lose a dime and cheated. I am here to tell people the Slomins shield only protects Slomin. I was told I couldn't recover the money even if I was not aware of the judgement. So much for justice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Slomins Alarm Systems

Vincent, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

The Slomins sales guys came as promised and kept their appointment. They immediately gave us a quote and everything was done according to the quote. They were very courteous and efficient. Their installation team was excellent. They had to go through a conversion to convert my existing system to work with their monitoring system and they knew what they were doing and were very clean, efficient and courteous. They paid attention to detail. It's just been two weeks and I don’t have any problems with their service so far. I had an excellent experience with them. They completed everything as promised. I would definitely recommend Slomin's to other people.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Frank, thank you for being a Slomin's oil and alarm customer.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I used ADT before and I was having some issues. The techs came in to change stuff and they did not make things function so I got rid of it.I have Slomins oil and they came by one night and said they would take over. I was hesitant but it worked out great. Between the two companies, Slomins is the hands-down much better experience with them. There was one hiccup in the installation of the device but when I called, they were able to fix it right away. Then the team called me because there was an issue with the permit for the police department. I had an expired permit and they put the new permit through the system but the police department got it late. I called Slomins back and we rectified the situation very quickly. I feel a lot safer and secure having the alarm system in the house.

I had an overly friendly saleswoman, Marion, who sold me this $5k system, as a first time homeowner. It was installed by a brand new technician who had never worked on a real home before and was not accompanied by a senior technician. The technician took 12 hours to install and then it failed the test. From that point on, it never worked. Customer service sent multiple technicians who simply couldn't get it to work properly. I escalated to supervisors who sent senior technicians and nobody could get it to work.

I invested a lot of money and feel cheated with a failed, expensive system that was supposed to protect my home. I feel compelled to speak my mind, while this was several years ago, I can't help looking at the equipment every day and think about the lost money on equipment and service fees that was wasted. I welcome Slomins to speak with me to find a way to remunerate this unfortunate circumstance for me, as a highly dissatisfied customer.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Ralph, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I had Slomin’s for several years prior to my recent upgrade and my experience with them has been excellent. The system is exactly what I asked for and it works very well. I’m very satisfied. I also like the price and the installation was excellent. The service tech who came took his time and made sure everything worked properly. He was very helpful, cordial, and polite. He was very good and took care of everything.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Waldo, sorry for the issues you are having with the cameras. We we contact you to try and resolve the problems.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I have 3 new cameras installed and to date I have yet to have all 3 cameras working on a daily basis! This install has been a nightmare and I regret getting these cameras. I have had to call Customer Service on numerous occasions and on 1/4/2017 the notes were placed in my account that they called me back which is a lie! I have no message on my cell or home phone, however the cameras did magically start to work towards that evening. This is by far the worse experience and I will be calling again to find out about a de-activation!

Have been a loyal customer for 7 years and asked to have my system upgraded so I could do remote arm and disarm and have a keypad added in the master bedroom. When Tech starts to do install I find out that it is the same system just adding additional keypad and radio module, not what I thought I was getting to extend service 36 months... Whatever. Will deal with it for the next year or so.

That night keypad and radio goes into reprogram mode 2 times in middle of night and again the next several days. Now it also shows an E03 code that will stay in trouble for several days and just reset itself along with the keypad. I have had a Tech out here 4 different times now to "FIX" this and it is still not fixed... The Tech today just gave me the runaround and said nothing is wrong with the system. I have taken off work a total of 5 days now to wait for them to fix the issue with no resolution still. When you call Customer Service you just get the runaround! I would not recommend Slomins at this point which is a sham because we never had an issue with them prior to Dec 15th.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Natasha, happy to hear about your positive experience.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The installation of my Slomins security device was excellent. Their installation team was on time and explained everything thoroughly so I wasn’t surprised by anything. I also had a very positive experience when they sold me the product. They are very customer service friendly and explained a lot of stuff. So far, it's been a great experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Franco, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Liked my salesperson... He made the process smooth and easy. Explained everything thoroughly. My installation tech was great as well. Very friendly and knowledgeable. He came on time, knew what he was doing, and worked diligently to install my system and install it correctly! The only negative is the company never call to confirm my appointment so I had to rush home because the tech was waiting for me to arrive. He was on time though! Slomins though should offer more incentives to NEW customers though.

While the installer was great, hard working and professional, I am concerned. I feel I was given an installation date before Christmas only after I complained, even though I only said yes to the whole package because I needed outside cameras. Even though I called to confirm and I was told he was on his way, I got an expected call to say there was a problem with his truck. I said I needed someone before Christmas and it seemed they finally sent someone but never had it scheduled. It was too dark for installing outside cameras.

Bottom line, when I came home from Christmas neighbors told by the police to stay away from my property were parked right outside my door. They walked their dog near my new fence all weekend and an old rusty sewer cap was left on my lawn right where they parked. I specifically said I needed cameras for the perimeter of my property (about an acre). When I made the arrangement for the second installation of cameras I was told cameras don't record motion far enough for what I want. That is not what I was told when I bought the package, and it also depends on where the cameras were placed, 3 or 4 very good cameras well placed would do the job.

I only wanted and desperately needed cameras for outside and now I have to wait until Jan 5 to find out if they will a) send enough and b) be quality cameras that actually record when motion is detected. Funny my neighbors in question bought their own camera that takes pictures of me right outside my door, not their own property, but Slomins' security has never heard of such cameras? They need to do research and buy 4 by Jan 5 or they will be in court for coercing me into a 5 year contract for a service that is not what I asked for. Again, the installer and salesmen were great, but I am suspicious already, and I have neighbors told by the police to stay away filming me and walking and vandalizing all over my property.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Maria thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I love you guys. I've never had a problem and your technicians (especially Chris) have always been helpful and knowledgeable. I also have your service in North Babylon, NY and have recommended your company to all my friends. Again your customer service is outstanding.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Ting, sorry to hear about your experience and will be in contact with you in regards to this issue.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I called in mid Dec to schedule installation on 12/23. The rep asked me if I wanted 9am to 1pm or 1pm to 5pm and I picked the early time slot. On that day, I took half a day off from work to get the installation done but no one showed up before 1. I called in Slomins around 12:30 and the rep said the technician should come to my home next then I waited. At 2:30, I called again and the rep told me the guy was at lunch. I received a text at 2:50pm saying technician was en route to my home so I waited again. At 4pm, I called again and the rep told me the same BS AGAIN! The technician ended up coming at 4:15pm and I had to miss a whole day of work!!

What got me so upset and pissed off was the 3 reps I spoke to, they tried to sound pleasant but they were all very unprofessional. One rep even said I didn't confirm the 9-1pm time slot when I knew I did. It seems like Slomins does not value my time and the reps are very disrespectful. I actually referred 3 of my friends to join Slomins recently and I will definitely tell them my story and tell them to join other security company instead. Terrible and irresponsible!

My mom has been with Slomin's for well over 7 years. Last year she had called them because she was having troubles with her keypad, she was told that she was able to get a "free upgrade" for her equipment. She was not made aware of the "obligations" that were involved with that "free upgrade" that locked her into a 5 year contract! Her house was currently on the market to be sold, which my mom made aware to the installer, yet she was still tricked into those "obligations". She called to cancel her service on December 9, 2016 because he house was sold and settlement was made on December 16, 2016.

She received a letter dated December 13, 2016 saying that she owes $783.84! Your company is a joke and completely horrible for taking advantage of a woman that clearly has her house on the market to lock her into a 5 year contract! I am going to leave reviews everywhere possible warning people of the lack of information that your company does to consumers to lock them into a contract.

Our alarm went off when my in laws were house sitting. The company called and code word was given. They even helped my mother in law reset the alarm. They then still sent police which in our county is a $100 fine for false alarm. Have called customer service 3 times and have not received call back. Called again tonight to try to rectify and was very rudely spoken to by "Doug". They are calling my mother in law a liar. Unknowingly as others have stated they locked us into a 5 year contract (didn't realize until we tried to cancel). I do not recommend, stay away from Slomins!!!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Andrew, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

This process was pretty quick and painless. The Slomins tech was very knowledgeable and friendly; he really knew what he was doing. In addition to upgrading the monitoring, we also got a brand new keypad which is very easy to use. And my monthly payment did not even go up as a result!

On sat 12/17/16 I called in for help with a Problem. The young man I spoke to was no help at all. I did not get his name... but he was rude. And he did not know his job or how to speak to a customer... I called back later in the day and spoke to a young lady named Allison who not only solved the problem over the phone but was very pleasant to talk to. And then she called me back today to follow up. She should be commended for doing a great job in customer service.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Mark, we will be in contact with you about the issue you are having.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

Been with Slomin's nearly 20 years. Recently agreed to renew contract after ADT approached us. Do not feel we were provided what we agreed to & even gave them opportunity to address the issue. To date (Dec 19) no effort has been made - a shame.

Factual basis uncertain

Had Slomins alarm system since 1999 with no problems. House was recently broken in and alarm was activated. Local sheriff deputies came and the 2 intruders told deputies that they owned the house so, would you believe without asking for proof the deputies left and intruders ransacked my home? Slomins monitoring did no follow up and refuses to give me any details of alarm activity, actually told me I must subpoena any information I require which has made my life very difficult. Useless system in real life so have cancelled and installed a new system with cameras.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Jayson, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Our service technician was terrific. Ours was a big job, recently had all of our windows and doors replaced and he had to replace all of the sensors plus install two smoke detectors. He worked constantly the entire time, was here for at least eight hours. I was so impressed I called into the office so that his supervisors would know just how great and thorough he was!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Janet, sorry for the issues you were having with the alarm system. We will be in contact with you.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

After being with Slomins for 10 years, our alarm started loudly beeping in my house every 3 to 4 hours round the clock. I kept calling them and nothing they suggested worked. The soonest service call they offered me was 10 days away. Really? By the 2nd day, I was on the phone literally crying to them for an emergency call as I hadn't slept in two nights with all the beeping. Turns out this was Saturday and I was told they had no technicians on call on the weekend.

Stay AWAY!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joseph, sorry for the issue you are having. We will have someone contact you shortly.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

My experience with the alarm system itself was great. We have had for 2 1/2 yrs now. My issues start with trying to cancel my services. I called to cancel and was told that there was a cancellation fee cause I was locked into a 5 yr contract. I questioned the 5 yr contract and was told that is the standard contract when they provide you with an alarm system. This was not a Slomin installed system. It was an ADT system, Slomin simply replaced the ADT keypad out with a Slomin keypad. That was it. No other equipment was used or installed, it was system take over from previous company with compatible equipment.

So now I am in a standstill while Slomin attempts to get the archived paperwork that shows they gave me a complete installment for a 5 yr contract. Either way this feels like it will be a process as the customer rep was insisting to me that the keypad "contains the computer and alarm system parts that make it a completely new installed system by Slomin."

Slomins Alarm Systems

Zehra, thank you for the feedback. We will have someone contact you in regards to the issue you had last night.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

The gentleman who came to update the system was efficient and extremely knowledgeable about the system. My husband and I appreciated this very much. An excellent 'face' of the company. The system has worked well so far but we did have an issue last night when it started beeping because the phone line went off and this was a little odd as it is no longer associated with the phone line. Other than that, excellent.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Richard, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

We only had service for about a month now and so far it's okay. The system is very understandable and the help team are always available for support. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a security system to protect their home and family!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Jimmy, thank you for choosing Slomin's.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

Had an experience turning over an alarm to my name after a purchase of a new home. Tech was very friendly and informative. Also very thorough. Checked every room to ensure alarm was working properly. I feel at ease with the system. I wish I had gotten his name.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Valerie, we will be in contact with you to discuss.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

We recently got construction done on our home and needed our alarm reinstalled. Not only did the company refuse to install our old system but asked us to pay $700 for new equipment and reinstallation since our contract wasn't expired yet. When asked if it would have made a difference if we told them about it before the construction I was told no we would still have to pay for it. Meanwhile new customers and renewing customers get free installation. When I asked if I was getting any other options the reply was no. Way to treat existing customers Slomins!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Karen, thank you for the feedback and we will be in contact with you to solve the issue.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

The installer of my home security system did not leave us a Slomins Shield sign for our property. I called the Slomins office the same day of my installation and was told that the installer may not have had one on his truck. I was told that one would be sent to me right away. It has been over 2 weeks and I still have not received the sign.

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Profile