Call toll free
4.73/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures piece of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

683 Slomins Alarm Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Slomin's is 100% better than ADT. Their equipment has great quality and the system’s features are awesome compared to ADT. I love the smartphone feature which was another reason why I switched. Plus, I like to check the weather in the system a lot. The overall functionality and performance of the system are really good. When the rep from Slomin's came in, he explained everything and took the old system out. Then, he put the new system in and showed me all the specs of it even though I already knew because I had it installed in my other house already. Since having Slomin's, I feel more protected. I had an excellent experience and I would always choose them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Theresa, thank you so much for the great review!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Alarm work well. Salesperson was very helpful and installer was very good. We are very happy with the doorbell camera. Alarm is very easy to use and has a lot of ice features and flexibility. Overall we are very pleased with this product.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Ronald, we appreciate your positive and honest feedback!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I feared being burglarized and I decided to get a home security system. I went online, looked at Slomin's and I got ADT. Somebody played with the website and I got really pissed off with ADT because I don’t like that. I called Slomin's directly. I have them at two houses and I remembered their number since it’s a fairly easy one. I got the salesman out and he went through the house. He and I agreed on where these things should be placed depending on how many I need. I closed one of my houses through the winter and I disconnected the telephone because I didn’t need it. With Slomins, you don’t need a telephone to call out to the central system. It works by WiFi. The installation was smooth enough and the technicians were very good. What I have with Slomin's is better than what I had.

In November, as I was closing up the house through the winter, I had the plumber come out to the house to drain all the pipes, blow out the line and put in antifreeze. When I was going to close up the house, one of the sensors wasn’t on. I called up Slomin's and I explained the situation to them. I begged them to send somebody out that day but they said they couldn’t. So, they made an appointment to send the guy out the next morning between eight and 10 in the morning. He never showed up but he eventually called. He said he couldn’t make it because of the snow yesterday. I told him that he gotta make it because I’ve already closed up the house. He said he was not going through and then, he made an appointment with me for the next Tuesday but I told him to come up on that day. I have no food, no heat, no water and no toilets but he wouldn’t come.

I called Slomin's and I complained to them. I explained my situation to the lady and she felt badly for me. She said that she would have somebody there that afternoon, which was really nice of her. Somebody else came up in the afternoon. Originally, whoever the repair guy was, he should be fired. He said stupid things and I hate stupid comments. In either event, I did get it fixed. It was a very simple one. The guy who who eventually came should be commended because he saw right away what was wrong and it took him five minutes to fix it.

The functionality of Slomin’s system is fine but there’s no consistency. I have one in New York City and one in Wurtsboro, New York. Though the two machines are identical, they’re programmed differently. I asked to have them both programmed the same way but they didn’t do it. I accepted the reason they gave me. They said it was more secure the way they do it but I have an older one and a newer one, and the older one is the way I like it. When you get to be older, you have done it in a certain way and to change is difficult. The change here is calling the police, which I have no desire to do if I’m not being robbed. In either event, consistency between locations is very important with the machinery.

I have on my cellphone my country house application, the app and I have the country house on it. When I wanna switch to the city house, I have to close that app and put in the other address, open that up, put in the username and the password. When I wanna go back to the country house which is where it usually is, I have to do it all over again. I have to close it and reopen it. I should be able to use the same application for more than one house and the more often that I use my flat, little fingers on this little thing, the more errors I make which frustrates me and I’m not in the business of being frustrated.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Arthur, we appreciate your feedback!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I am very disappointed Slomin‘s does not offer technician service other than Monday through Friday business hours. This is not acceptable for a security company or any service company in this day and age. When I called to cancel my service, I was informed I would owe over $2000 to do so – outrageous my system is not working properly and I cannot have a technician come when I am available. I have no trust in the company at all.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Pamela, we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We will contact you shortly for assistance. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Closed on my house in the afternoon and the first thing the next morning they were able to install my alarm. My salesman was professional, knowledgeable and punctual. The installer came on time and did an excellent and efficient job as well. I could not have asked for a better security experience. I had truly an excellent experience and would recommend Slomins to anyone.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Sara, thanks for the great feedback!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Have been a customer for 10+ years, had system upgraded (free) & added smoke & carbon monoxide detectors in house. System is easy to use, transition to new system was smooth, each time we have to contact Slomin’s with a question, they are professional, courteous, and pleasant. We are happy with our service. Satisfied customer!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Jen, thanks for the great review!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We got Slomin's security system as a preventative measure and at that time, it was a package. I was getting the oil from them also so we got a lower rate. We got a locked in rate for a couple of years on the oil. The only negative thing is that on occasion when the alarm goes off, they don’t call. That’s happened a couple of times. If you shut it off within a certain period of time, they don’t call you. But in six years, I’ve had no problems whatsoever. In fact, I had tried another system, which I still have, but it was such a rip-off. It isn't funny. It’s from Alarm.com and they were terrible.

I ended up calling Slomin’s and not only did they come, they also updated my system. After five years, they updated the system and the system is wonderful. They put their camera here and it works absolutely fantastically. So that was another thing with Slomin’s. They covered all of my issues. My price went up for like $5 but for me, it was well worth it just to have the cameras. I can also look at it on my phone when I’m out. It alerts me. There’s only one problem that I've had with the update. My key fob keeps falling off and I just got that. It fell off five times already and I’m afraid of losing it. I don’t know what to do about that. But they gave us two key fobs and it doesn’t happen to my husband’s. That aside, they’re very thorough and knowledgeable. They’re courteous too. And those are all important things. My last salesman was Anthony. He came from Slomin's home office and he was great.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Anne, We are very happy to hear about your positive experience and we appreciate you sharing that with us!

No response received
Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Slomins have many great reviews and deservingly so, they provide oil, and security at an affordable price to many Americans who are appreciative. I also am appreciative of the customer service and technicians who have assisted me in securing my home. I just wish that I was made aware of the fact that I would be responsible for the full price of faulty equipment even while it is still being leased. I originally had a wired system from Brinks Home Security (which I also loved) for ten years without issues. When that company sold its alarm division to ADT, I heard that Slomins would take over monitoring with the same equipment for around the same price I had been paying previously.

However, when the technician arrived, he said the equipment was antiquated and a wireless security system would be more efficient and reliable. I agreed to the upgrade, but if I had been made aware of the fact that the wireless technology is powered by average non-lithium batteries and could malfunction before the 5 year lease, and that I would be responsible for paying for each equipment piece that breaks, I would have remained with the more reliable wired system. When my wife had called about the malfunctioning smoke detector the last week of December, she was led to believe that the smoke detector service would be free because the component malfunctioned at no fault to the consumer; however, when addressing the bill received after the service call, the customer service representative indicated the free service was for an upgrade to the system (totally unrelated to the purpose of the original call) and not the smoke detector.

The service representative also insinuated that since there was a signature on the completed agreement with the service tech, that she must have known she would be charged for the smoke detector. Which is inconceivable, if my wife was told that the smoke detector fee would be waived, then a bill with the amount of the equipment would still be presented but waived at the central office. This type of “bait and switch” tactics are commonly used at used car service dealers and scam artist. I feel that if potential Slomins security customers are verbally made aware that they would be responsible for failed equipment, then many would second guess purchasing the service lease for five years with the company.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Lance, we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We will contact you shortly for assistance. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was very pleased at the way in which your technician, Omar installed a doorbell video camera in my home. He checked out all my other alarms and sensory devices. He was courteous and very professional. In addition, he wrote down all the necessary locations for the devices that had previously been installed in my home. He also took the time to explain and demonstrate how my new doorbell video camera worked.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Harold, we are happy to hear about your positive experience!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

My experience with Slomin's Alarm Systems has been good. When I bought the house, the system was already there. I just transferred the service from the previous owner and decided to continue, and the process was easy. The rep was very outgoing and he explained everything clearly. So far, I like what I have. It's good.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Roseann, we are happy to hear about your positive experience. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I had a Slomin’s home security system in a different house. I had a great experience with them for 15 years. I got a newer system with them. When getting things set up, their sales team was fine. At first, I thought the quality was updated. I thought the new system was much nicer than the old-fashioned system that we had. It’s all wireless, which was good. The installation was fantastic. We just moved into a new house. All the walls were already fixed and painted. When they were trying to install it, they didn’t have access to power. What the technician did was commendable. He called his supervisor and said that he couldn't get to the power. The supervisor came and, between the two of them, they figured something out where they didn’t have to break down my walls to run the power that had to be done. I thought that was admirable.

At first, customer service was okay. But now, I’m having some problems and it’s taking a long time to get them rectified, which has me a little bit annoyed. That time, I was having trouble with one of the sensors which kept going off. It would always ring at 2 o’clock in the morning. The alarm company asked me if they needed to send the police. I said no and that I checked everything out and everything was fine. They were willing to stay on the phone, which was excellent. When the service guy came, he was great for the first time. But when it happened again with a different sensor and I couldn't get the service guy for six days.

I had to keep bypassing that one particular zone for six days and that was not acceptable. If I leave the house unprotected, then what do we have the alarm system for? Plus, every time I put the alarm on and then you come in, and I have to bypass that alarm the next time I go back out. It’s not like when I bypass it once, it’s set. I have to keep bypassing it. Unfortunately, we keep running out to the store. Every time we come back in, we have to remember the bypass. If we forget, like we did the other night, it kicked off again at 2 o’clock in the morning.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Vincent, we are glad we were able to assist you! thanks for the positive feedback!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Slomin's reps came out and we talked about where I wanted my cameras and my monitor. We went over pricing. Thereafter, the techs came out and it was a neat job. They were pretty fast with it. Thus far, I like that I can operate the system from my phone. I use the app all the time and with it, I can watch the cameras and arm the alarm. Since getting Slomin's system, I've been feeling comfortable.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Christopher, thank you for the great review!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

My son recommended me to Slomins. I just want to say everyone at Slomins kept me updated on the scheduled date and time and informed me of arrival of technicians arrival time. When the tech arrived he introduced himself (Dimitrius) very professional and knowledgeable of equipment. All in all excellent service!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Thomas, We appreciate your positive feedback!

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Told Salesman that we may be moving in a few years. We were told no problem, leave the equipment so they could offer a contract to the new owners and they would install equipment at our new home and our payments would go on as usual. After about 2 1/2 yrs I called to stop monitoring and advise about new residence. I was told I had to sell the remainder of my contract to the buyer of my home, of course they did not want to take over my contract, or pay for the remainder of monitoring & equipment.

This suddenly amounted to over $875 payable at once. Told them I would make payments which I started to do. I then received a letter that I had been turned over to collections. Called Slomins and they were very nasty. It took several requests to get name and phone of this collection agency. I called them several months in a row and was advised they were never referred my records but they did do collections for Slomins. I have continued making payments and will stop when I get to the outrageous $875+ to pay it off. Recommend purchasing one of those new technology systems you monitor yourself. Ours works great.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Carol we are sorry to hear about this issue. We will review your account and contact you shortly. Thank you!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Work was completed by service tech (he was professional and personable). System broke down after 3 days. Not happy with the product. Not sure if I would recommend - wish they installed the product with the 3 day rescission period I may have canceled.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Joseph, we are sorry to hear about this issue. We will contact you shortly to assist you.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

The prior owners of the house had Slomin’s and when we called the company, their representatives were excellent. They explained everything and were very attentive. Plus they gave us a great deal. How could we turn it down? The equipment was there. They just had to reinstate it. We kept the keypad and all the wireless sensors on the doors and the windows. We just added a few more. The representative we dealt with was also good about giving us the remote thing for entering from the car. We got a couple of those. I’m not at the house all the time so it’s reassuring that the system is on and working.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dorothy, thanks for taking the time and writing this great review!

No response received
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I was given a date for installation. Only by my calling late that day did I find out that Slomin's changed the date without notifying me. A week before it took Slomin's 3 visits within 5 days to fix a leak from the boiler - which was originally scheduled three weeks out even with a service contract. If the boiler had been serviced earlier as requested and not given a date in February 2019 this could have been avoided.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Ed, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We will be in touch with you shortly to assist you. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I liked the time I had to buy my oil from Slomin's. They made me a good deal from home security and I've had them ever since. However, there came a time when there was a problem with my system. They put in a new "brain" for it. I spoke with sales and a salesman came to explain everything. Thereafter, they sent a technician who did the upgrade. He did a very good job and I was happy with him. Overall, the cost of the system has been reasonable and I've been happy with the service. I recommend Slomin's.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Joseph, thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Both Scott ** your salesman and Walter your installer were very professional, easy to deal with and so far the service has been outstanding. The system is working as expected and I hope to be a satisfied customer for many years to come.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Michael, we appreciate your positive feedback!

Resolution response: Dec. 12, 2018

I would like to thank Gary for contacting me and scheduling a technician to install and providing me with a touchscreen keypad free of charge. This makes me very happy and I will continue to be a happy Slomin's customer.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Overall, I was completely satisfied with the installation and upgrade. I was disappointed when the upgrade was done, I only received one panel and keypad. With my prior system, I had three keypads. My expectation was that I would receive at least two panels/keypads; which would have been similar to my previous system package prior to the upgrade. I have been informed by Slomins that another keypad is $200+. So, if I am upstairs, I cannot hear if someone enters my home through an unlocked door.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Helen, thank you for reviewing us. We will contact you shortly to assist you!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

SLOMIN IS THE WORST! PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING! My husband and I got Slomins when we saw they were new to the area. We decided to give them a chance even though in the past we used ADT. We immediately noticed that the equipment is was extremely faulty. The "touch screen" was ALWAYS off calibration. When we would touch the screen to put in the alarm code it would constantly choose the wrong number, therefore triggering the alarm! This happened all the time.

Additionally we received the code on the door handle (BIG MISTAKE). Although it seems easy and convenient the panel itself ran out of batteries ALL THE TIME! We would have to change it at least 3 times a month! If you wouldn't change it by the 2nd day then you were locked out! Unless you had a spare key to manually get into your house. The fine print was extremely misleading when we had to move. We called a technician to come out and move our equipment, they told us that it wasn't necessary and that they can easily move it. When we moved OUT of the previous house and called them again they then told us that it was OUR responsibility to move it ourselves!

After feeling distraught we called them to cancel, they said they would call us back SEVERAL TIMES, and NEVER DID. Our bill racked up to $1,200! They of course then harassed us for the money through the mail. We called and they did not care that we had issues in the past or that we were given incorrect information. There is NO empathy with this company, there NO correct information, there is NO consistency. Not only would I NEVER use Slomins again I will make sure no one I know uses this idiotic company. This is by far the worst customer service EVER. I can honestly say I regret ever using them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Alexis, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We will look into this and contact you shortly. Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My installer Sal gave excellent service. He was professional, very experienced and very neat. It was a pleasure having him work in my home. He worked nonstop throughout many hours without a break. The finished product of the installation of 3 security cameras was perfect. And he set up our App and taught us how to use it.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Florence, we are very happy to hear about your experience and we thank you for sharing that with us!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I’m perfectly happy with Slomins. It’s my third property with the alarm system and so far I have no worries with their service workmanship or customer service. I have been a customer for almost 18 years. My parents and other family members has switch to Slomins.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Stacy, Thank you for the positive review!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Very easy experience for order processing to install to training to implementing. Neil my installing tech is a gem in the rough. True professional and very knowledgeable. The keypad is very clear and easy to navigate through the screen settings and operation. I like to check my phone for the cameras and motion detection of which is the main reason for the system chosen.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Ray, we appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Tech ** (Omar) did a outstanding job, he removed an old system and cleaned up around it. Once he was completed he explained the system to me since it was new for me. He also suggested something services that you provide that I will be looking into.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Safiy, we are happy to hear about your experience!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

System was upgraded to wireless and windows were added. We were also trained on how to use the new system and install application on our phones. The sales person, Owen, was very professional and the gentleman who installed the system was as well. He found an issue during testing and didn’t leave until he resolved the problem. We were very pleased with the service.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Michelle, thanks for the great review!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I’ve always had Slomin's for the last 20 years. I like the billing cycle of every three months and the price is reasonable. When my alarm goes off they immediately contact the police department. I called to be upgraded and they sent someone out who was very knowledgeable with what I needed. I can now see from my phone whether or not my system is unarmed. I didn’t have that capability before.

It’s a good service. However, sometimes they get things confused. I was a long time standing customer and I didn’t like the corresponding letters they sent. Two times I missed the payment, and they sent me a letter asking if I was gonna continue my services. The tone of the letter was nasty, and I felt offended. I told them, “You sent me such a nasty letter but you never sent me a thank you letter when I pay my bill for a whole year in advance.” That was one of the reasons why I decided to end it but they sent the gentleman to my house and I got a nice service and a nice price so I stayed. I gave it another try. There’s always room for improvement.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Wanda, thank you for reviewing us!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We are frequently away for extended periods and decided that we needed to upgrade our security system and add a freeze and water leak sensors. We have been Slomins customers for over 15 years and very pleased with their services but considered purchasing the sensors from independent sources. After much investigation and online searching, we called in Slomins to see what they could do and at what cost.

We decided to go with Slomins and are happy with the decision. The installation tech was FANTASTIC!! And the monthly increase was minor, mostly for the eco sensors. Our base system was upgraded with a new panel box, the fire/smoke detector was upgraded (included), all of the window/door detectors were checked, 2 motion detectors were added at key sites (added one-time cost), the freeze sensor and water leak detector installed. After the installation, the tech completely explained who to use the new keypad. He did not rush at all despite the fact that there was a snowstorm and he was probably looking at 3+ hour trip home. Overall, we are pleased that we did this and remain pleased with Slomins customer service.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Corinne, thanks for the great review!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The technician (installer) was very nice and professional. He took the time to fully explain what he was about to do and answered our questions. When he finished he trained us in the operation of our new system and made sure we had a good understanding of its function before leaving.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Randy, thanks for the positive feedback!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The gentleman that did our installation was very professional and thorough. He explained everything and went through the demonstrations. I am very happy with my system and this is the third one because in the order 2 instances I was promised one thing and received something else.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Lalita, we are happy to hear about your experience!

Slomins Alarm Systems expert review by Ben Mannes

Get a professionally installed system with 2 package options for $29.95 and $42.95 a month. Systems have 5-year contracts and come with warranties. The company also offers heating and cooling services.

• Complimentary home review: Users get the benefit of learning what the security weaknesses are in their home prior to signing up for an alarm system, for no additional cost.

• Remote access: Users can access their alarm system and monitor their home from any Internet-enabled mobile device, such as a phone or tablet, regardless of the platform their mobile device uses.

• Central monitoring system: Slomin alarms are connected to a central monitoring system; if the alarm goes off and the user can't be reached, the company dispatches emergency services to the home.

• Protection against false alarms: Users can set up a password they can give dispatchers to cancel an alarm once it goes off.

• Customization available: Users can choose the features that make the most sense for their home, including remote access, home automation or live streaming of what's going on in their houses.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information