Get a Free Quote Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5
Visit Website

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures piece of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Slomins Alarm Systems offer an affordable base plan with excellent home automation features. The contracts are long, but the complimentary initial equipment makes up for it.

PROS

• Home automation features
  • 24/7 monitoring
  • Affordable pricing

CONS

• Long contracts

Top Slomins Alarm Systems Reviews

With the system, our sense of security is perfect. Its features are very good and easy to use which my wife loves. She was scared it was gonna be too difficult to understand. The pricing was great, too.

Closed on my house in the afternoon and the first thing the next morning they were able to install my alarm. My salesman was professional, knowledgeable and punctual. The installer came on time and did an excellent and efficient job as well. I could not have asked for a better security experience.

How does Slomins Alarm Systems work?

Slomins Alarm Systems professionally monitor your system for trouble, 24/7. Slomins home security provides professional installation services and estimates installation will take 4 to 6 hours. Included is the mySlomin’s app, which lets you remotely monitor your system.

Although there are fees associated with breaking Slomins' unusually long 60-month contract, the low monthly cost may alleviate this issue.

Slomins Alarm Systems cost

Beginning at just $29.95 a month and providing well over $1000 worth of starter equipment, Slomins is one of the most affordable home security companies around. Because the Slomins website does not have a specific breakdown on the supplementary cost of additional equipment and services, it's best to contact them directly for more information and a detailed quote.

Slomins Alarm Systems equipment

Slomins has several home automation tools, including controls for lighting, thermostats and door locks. The basic system comes with an LCD control panel, a motion detector, window decals and yard signs. It also arms up to entryways using door contacts. Video cameras and the Slomins touch screen keypad are optional and an extra cost. Other items you can ask about include water, fire, carbon monoxide and temperature detectors.

slomins alarm systems LCD control panel
LCD control panel
slomins alarm systems motion detector
Motion detector
slomins alarm systems door contacts
Door contacts
slomins alarm systems video camera
Video camera
slomins alarm systems decals and yard sign
Decals and yard signs
slomins alarm system keychain remote
Keychain remote

Slomins Alarm Systems FAQ

Is Slomins available where I live?
Slomins is located in:
  • South Carolina
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia
Is the Slomins security system professionally monitored?
Yes. If the alarm goes off and you are not around, emergency responders will be dispatched to take care of the issue.
Can I control the Slomins security system through my phone?
Absolutely. You can access the alarm system through a phone or tablet to view the status or make certain commands. There is also a downloadable Slomins app.
How to cancel Slomins security?
You will need to call Slomins directly for their cancellation policies.

Do we recommend Slomins Alarm Systems?

We recommend Slomins Alarms Systems for their affordable base package, complimentary initial equipment and smart home automation functionality. Several Slomins reviews mention the contract is too long for their liking, but if Slomins fits your needs and you don’t plan on moving houses soon, a long-term contract could be a good fit for you.

Slomins Alarm Systems Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I had another alarm company prior to Slomins which was the first one and they sold out to another company. They never told me. So, when I had a problem one time, I called and they were not available. It was like a nightmare. Then I decided to get rid of them. I was without an alarm for two years until I was watching TV and I decided to give Slomins a try. They’re local. The technicians are all over here and all I had to do is call and they’re here for me. I love my alarm. Their reps are all amazing.

The people that came out to do the install were really very nice. I love technology but I’m not so good at it. So, they explained everything to me. I installed some cameras over here and I didn’t know too much about the cameras, and so my fiancé who's in the Middle East told me to send the information to him in order for him to verify to see everything was doing okay. The installer sent the information to Afghanistan. It was amazing. Everything was done exactly the way Eric wanted it. It was really amazing. And when the installer came over here, I didn’t have the one from the door. So, he was telling me and I said I wanted it. I am so grateful. And the cameras were beautiful. I am really very happy with the service from A to Z. It’s like they put all the great people and they put them to their company.

I was so satisfied and I was like so surprised because I didn’t know what I was getting into. I know we wanted the cameras, but my fiance and the installer got in touch with each other and I got exactly what we wanted and it was amazing. The system is amazing. I ordered something from Amazon, and I saw the guy coming in and he just came out here and put the package. Everything’s perfect. I check it in my phone. I’m waiting until Eric comes home so that we could put it in his phone, too. And I could not have a better service because Slomins tailor to my needs. Somebody sent in an email to Afghanistan just to make sure, “This is what we have and what we’re going to do.” That is over the step because I did not expected that. And Eric was so happy.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Maria Rivera, We appreciate your feedback and we are happy to hear about this positive experience!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We've had Slomin's for about 25 years and I have motion sensors, a fire detector in the basement and carbon monoxide detectors, which I’ve just replaced all over the house. We might be interested in doing cameras too. But Slomin's needs to take better notes as to what people need and what they want. The installation was a little shaky because I was at work and although I specifically told them that I wanted the motion detector put in the spare bedroom, they put it in the living room where I have cats. The motion detector was constantly going off. So then I had to bypass that zone and that was kind of yucky.

Then I couldn’t ask my father to do it again so I had to stay home while Slomin's fixed that problem. But then they left a big hole in my wall, which needs to be there in the first place, so I had to fix the wall too. The alarms should also have been attached to the window and to the wall. Instead, they had it so that you could easily pull it off. It was like Velcro and so my cats were flipping it with their hand and my alarm was going off. I told Slomin's I had cats and cats like to play with things so they shouldn’t have something that has a little wire either.

The other thing was that I needed to change something that everybody calls the delay from my side door to my front door. But Slomin's never made it the first time and all they had to do was come to the house and reprogram the box because I no longer had it where they could do it over the phone. My alarm kept going off because my phone line was always going out. So that wasn’t Slomin’s fault. But when I switched over to another company, I had Slomin's come in to put the delay from the side door to the front door and they couldn’t get to my house in time. I had to stay home another time just to get a minor thing. The guy who was coming in to do it, found out what was going on and said he was in the neighborhood but then he never made it there. The guy who did finally come, took five minutes to do it. So Slomin's needs some improvements along the way.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Debra, thanks for taking the time to review us online and for being a loyal Slomins customer since 1999!!

Original review: June 18, 2019

Slomin's customer service was good. They told me they were gonna install the system for free, which they did. Their installer was very quick. They gave me a window from 8:00 to 12:00 and they were there before the 12 o’clock. By 12:00 they were all done and gone. I also have wireless, which is great. They also gave me the camera and the keypad and the contacts for the windows and doors and I didn’t have to pay anything except for the monitoring. I have an iPhone and I can turn my alarm on and off from anywhere in the United States and overseas. I've been in Portugal and I can watch my system through the camera.

Lately I had a couple of problems with my password to get in. Still, Slomin's team resolved it. Thus far, I've never had a problem with the system's quality. It never goes off accidentally unless I accidentally open the door. Every time you call customer service, they're very helpful. They send me the bill for the monitoring every three months and I pay it. When I forget that the system is on and I open the door, the alarm goes off when I go in. Slomin's team calls me right away asking me if it's me. They would have a secret password and their reps would say that if I don't answer, they would send the police right away.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Mario, We are very happy to hear about your experience. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Original review: April 12, 2019

I was an ADT customer for 12 years. I moved into a new house in December of 2018 and I had an ADT sales rep come three times with a technician. They said that they could do the system then they couldn't do it then they could. They had to do upgrades and in the end, they tried to take out over $1,000 out of my pocket. I basically threw them out.

The radio show I listen to, Z100, advertises Slomins all the time so I made a phone call. The customer representative that I talked to was very polite. She gave me the contact of the salesman who would be coming to my house as well as a three-hour window. The salesman came right on time. He looked at everything and told me that I could absolutely use all the hardware that was already existing in the house like the window and the door sensors. He also looked at all the glass breaks and the basement sensors that I had and he was very upfront about how they might have to be replaced. He was able to give me a quote right then and there and I actually signed the contract before he left the house. I also took his advice to have the batteries of all the sensors replaced as he said that that would save a lot of time. I had done that the weekend prior to the installer's schedule. I wound up having 36 zones in total between all the windows and doors.

The guy who came to install my system was great. He asked me before he did the work and communicated while he was here. He used all the existing sensors and he replaced the ones that were not functional, such as the one in the basement. He also put in another glass break sensor, motion sensor, three fire sensors and two LCD panels. He was in and out of the house in less than three hours and everything went great. From the customer service rep to the salesperson to the tech, everyone that I dealt with from Slomins was very professional and communicated very well. They knew all of my expectations and they did a phenomenal job. I was very impressed. All three floors of my house are now thoroughly covered. The Slomins' app is also on my phone and my wife's phone, and it works fantastically. I have more features on my system and my monthly cost is right where I expected it to be.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Kyle, what an awesome review, thank you!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I feared being burglarized and I decided to get a home security system. I went online, looked at Slomin's and I got ADT. Somebody played with the website and I got really pissed off with ADT because I don’t like that. I called Slomin's directly. I have them at two houses and I remembered their number since it’s a fairly easy one. I got the salesman out and he went through the house. He and I agreed on where these things should be placed depending on how many I need. I closed one of my houses through the winter and I disconnected the telephone because I didn’t need it. With Slomins, you don’t need a telephone to call out to the central system. It works by WiFi. The installation was smooth enough and the technicians were very good. What I have with Slomin's is better than what I had.

In November, as I was closing up the house through the winter, I had the plumber come out to the house to drain all the pipes, blow out the line and put in antifreeze. When I was going to close up the house, one of the sensors wasn’t on. I called up Slomin's and I explained the situation to them. I begged them to send somebody out that day but they said they couldn’t. So, they made an appointment to send the guy out the next morning between eight and 10 in the morning. He never showed up but he eventually called. He said he couldn’t make it because of the snow yesterday. I told him that he gotta make it because I’ve already closed up the house. He said he was not going through and then, he made an appointment with me for the next Tuesday but I told him to come up on that day. I have no food, no heat, no water and no toilets but he wouldn’t come.

I called Slomin's and I complained to them. I explained my situation to the lady and she felt badly for me. She said that she would have somebody there that afternoon, which was really nice of her. Somebody else came up in the afternoon. Originally, whoever the repair guy was, he should be fired. He said stupid things and I hate stupid comments. In either event, I did get it fixed. It was a very simple one. The guy who who eventually came should be commended because he saw right away what was wrong and it took him five minutes to fix it.

The functionality of Slomin’s system is fine but there’s no consistency. I have one in New York City and one in Wurtsboro, New York. Though the two machines are identical, they’re programmed differently. I asked to have them both programmed the same way but they didn’t do it. I accepted the reason they gave me. They said it was more secure the way they do it but I have an older one and a newer one, and the older one is the way I like it. When you get to be older, you have done it in a certain way and to change is difficult. The change here is calling the police, which I have no desire to do if I’m not being robbed. In either event, consistency between locations is very important with the machinery.

I have on my cellphone my country house application, the app and I have the country house on it. When I wanna switch to the city house, I have to close that app and put in the other address, open that up, put in the username and the password. When I wanna go back to the country house which is where it usually is, I have to do it all over again. I have to close it and reopen it. I should be able to use the same application for more than one house and the more often that I use my flat, little fingers on this little thing, the more errors I make which frustrates me and I’m not in the business of being frustrated.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Arthur, we appreciate your feedback!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

So your people are good And being it was an upgrade I thought it would have been nice if my sensors were replaced being that they are 20 years old. Having said that it is no one's fault but mine. Your salesman has a job to do and I should have been more aware. Your installer #** was a pro who made it look easy and answered all my questions. You should be proud to have such a good employee. I know it is a business but having an existing system instead of a new install should have warranted a few new items beside smoke alarms.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Our old home security system was outdated. It was through the phone lines and we weren't even using the alarm. I was always getting a trouble on the alarm and if the power went out and something happened with the phone line, then the alarm didn't work. We got Slomins and we have no problem with them. We were very interested after the representative explained everything. Then, everything with the installation went very smoothly. The guy was very nice and he knew what he was doing. I have my mother here at home who has dementia, and she was following him all over and asking him all kinds of questions, and he was very patient and polite with her. He was very good. The features that are offered in the system are very good as well. It is even a much more user-friendly system. And whenever we had a problem, we called the customer service, and they came right out.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Margaret Tryneskj, We are always happy to hear our customer's feedback and we thank you for trusting Slomins for your security needs!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I called the main number and spoke with a women named Joanne. I have two alarm systems and was having trouble with the app. She was short and rude with me from the beginning. I understand it may come easy to her but I was having issues. I run a large trucking company and for someone to be so rude it would not fly in my office. The people who installed the system were perfect. Joanne not so perfect.. Sorry Joanne!!!!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Susanne Snyder, We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience. We will contact you shortly for assistance.

Slomins Inc.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

We've had a Slomin’s for a long time now, about 20 years, and the reps were good and professional. We got the new up-to-date system. So the pad itself is very easy to operate, not like it was before, with the battery and everything. The new system can talk to you too – “door close", "door open", "alarm set", "alarm not set”. The experience is very good so far overall.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi John Elardi, We are very happy to hear about this great experience. We appreciate your business and loyalty for the last 20 years!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Slomins listens to my needs and requests. I work in my home and that’s why I need to have a company to listen to my needs and be precise about what I’m saying. The alarm goes on and it goes off. It works, so I’m happy with that. I’m not happy with the cost of fuel and how my oil burns, though. But the reps listened to everything I said, and they investigated. I had a lot of problems with leakage of oil, and they went to my oil tank and fixed it. There's also all the noise that I’ve been hearing, and they tried to fix that as well.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Barbara Stabiner, thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information