Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Slomins Alarm Systems

Angelo, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I'm an electrician by trade. 25 years ago when I moved out here to New Jersey, being from Brooklyn, I put up a local alarm system in my home. Over the years, we stopped using it because we live in Somerville, New Jersey. Someone forced their way into the house and I wasn't using the alarm at the time. I had been hoping that Slomin's truck would go by and sure enough, I'm working in my garage and the guy was canvassing. He came up to me and his supervisor pulls up, we did a quick walk-through of the house and I signed up. I always had my eye on ADT and Slomins but I liked Slomins' whole arrangement. They had a free equipment and also, I paid three months upfront and I won't get a bill for four months. That was pretty nice.

My wife is from Staten Island, and the installer was Anthony from Staten Island, New York so we immediately got along really well. The installation was really nice. The guy was personable and a dog person. We have an 80-pound Hound dog named Bella and we had to set the alarm to not see her. He used a pair of wires that I had where my keypad was. So we took my keypad out, he put his keypad over it. The wires were right there, we went in the basement, hooked them up, plugged it in and that went beautifully. He was standing to the side wall, I was punching in codes and he is calling out the screens as if he was standing in front of the thing. He was very knowledgeable about the equipment, in no hurry to run away, and explained everything really clearly. I'm very impressed.

I feel a lot better leaving the house now, knowing that the alarm is there. I used to be setting the alarm all the time when I leave the house but now, everybody is getting used to using it. So once in a while we I get home, I have to turn it off. But most of the time when I get home, my wife or my daughter is already home. Last week, my daughter set off the alarm and nobody called me. So I called and I found out she got to the keypad rather quickly. She shut it off within a reasonable amount of time and they didn't even get a signal. But if something happens, I'm going to get a phone call to tell me that something is going on. In addition, if someone forces you to turn off the alarm, you punch in ** which will turn off the alarm, but it immediately sends the police which is really cool and I have recommended them to all the people.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Diana, we appreciate your feed back and would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Highly dissatisfied! Before installation it was noted that we currently have the ADT Safewatch 3000 system. The technician who worked on adding sensors to our system was unfamiliar with our system. After over 8 hours, our installation wasn't halfway completed. My complaint isn't with the technician sent who was very apologetic, it was with Slomins Shield who didn't make sure and send out a tech familiar with the system! The Slomins supervisor was yelling at the tech over the phone, hanging the phone on the tech. Highly unprofessional! I'm looking to cancel my contract!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joicki, thank you for the response. We appreciate the feedback!

Original review: July 20, 2017

The installation process went smoothly. The tech was efficient, thorough, and precise in every way; he was attentive to my suggestions and respected my advice. Thank you for such a great experience. Because of it, I am looking to purchase another camera and make many referrals.

Slomins Alarm Systems

German, thank you for the response. We appreciate the feedback!

Original review: July 18, 2017

From the start the sales rep was very nice and knowledgeable. He went through the process of explaining everything that we would need and can be without. The installation went well also. Receiving a text message that the guy was on his way was very helpful because I did not need to take a whole day off and stay home just waiting all day. He was very patient and also helped me decide where should I place all the sensors. He also worked hard because although it may seem as a small job, it took a very long time. Definitely worth it!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Lilia, thank you for your feedback and trust in Slomin's! Our goal is to ensure your comfort and safety!

Original review: July 10, 2017

I wasn't sure about going with a company that not too many people know but I decided to try and I'm glad service was excellent. The tech that came Marco was very nice and patient. I had some problem with my WiFi but he kept trying and he did it.

Slomins Alarm Systems

George, thank you very much for your trust and kind words of Slomin's! We value you as a customer and appreciate your feedback!

Original review: July 9, 2017

As far as I am concerned Slomins is the best. Top Professional installers. Great attitudes. Great to Work with from sales to installation. I would use No one else and I would recommend 100 percent. By the way their system from camera to alarms work. Just great. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Slomins Alarm Systems

H Q, we appreciate your feed back and would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: July 8, 2017

System installed in 2013, all windows & doors and 1 interior live camera (did not have recorded camera as an option), and later added the text notifications. I hate the fact that you can't get pricing for anything online, you need to have a salesman visit. But that being said the salesman was very nice. Had to have 2 windows rewired as the installer stapled right through the wires ruining the connection (being woken up at 2 am in a panic from the alarm blasting afraid someone is in your house, realizing the zone set off is your youngest kid's room and freaking out!!!).

ISSUES SINCE INSTALLATION: the camera worked maybe 25% of the time. I believe the camera is fine, but the wiring they use for the camera is crap, have to wiggle and shake the wire to get a connection, which would be temporary. I've given up, hasn't been used for about 2 years as there is never a connection. The alarm pad buttons seem to get worn out very quickly. To the point you are frantically pressing so hard to get it to register before the alarm goes off. So we've stopped using the regular alarm now too for over a year. I'm basically just waiting for my 5 years to be up and I will be canceling. When their equipment works, it's a good service.

Oh and last issue. I signed a 5 yr contract with a monthly amount per the contract. That amount goes up annually, it's not a locked in rate which I wasn't aware of. And why didn't I get anything fixed or replaced? Because I would need to pay for it as well as take a day off of work. I feel like faulty equipment should be covered, not something I should pay for again.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Thomas, thanks for your feedback.

Original review: July 7, 2017

Sales was great, Stanley met all needs and exceeded expectations. He was friendly and provided just the right amount of sales and support. Greg the installer for the first part was fabulous. He was clean and courteous and was organized and respectful of my home while he installed. Customer service can not give me an arrival date for the cameras and rest of the equipment I ordered.

Corporate should not be selling and billing for equipment that they can not provide an arrival date or an install date for. When selling new products corporate should be able to provide accurate timelines. Huge disconnect with corporate and the customer. Please note on the stars below the headers above stars and the sentence to describe below the stars do not correlate. So again I'll reiterate that the Salesman Stanley and the install tech Greg were phenomenal.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Monique, we would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: July 5, 2017

The cameras are horrible. They don't record people, I see leaves and lights at all hours of the night. When people come to the door or when I leave the cameras don't work. I don't feel safe that if a stranger came to the door that the camera would even work. I never receive alerts?? That doesn't work or is not an option. I was told I would get the camera I saw on the website. Not true. Again the salesperson lied to me and I should have known better when they did this to me when I moved but decided to give them a second chance. Cameras go out, record clips randomly and I am blown off when I call. This is insane from a security company.

Don't feel secure at all. I made my friend get this whole system and she is having all the same problems. DON'T RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS>>> So upset we switched from ADT, for the money we spent and spend every month we could have a fancy system with alerts and all the bells and whistles... Bet our sales guy got a vacation selling to us... Feel so ripped off... I added a picture so you can see that it only recorded 3 x today. I went back and forth to my car. I left then my husband left, we took the dog out twice. This system does not record people. It will however record the light of car or a random leaf and bug.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Rikki, we would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: June 28, 2017

Be aware hidden fees that they will charge you in the future and their reason is that it is in the contract and they will not even invoice you. And be aware when you sign a contract from an agent who will promise you that he will add extra sensor with no extra charge. Be aware you will see it after two months. When they have a problem with the equipment be aware it takes too long to take action. I should have never change from Petro to Slomins. Installation is so expensive it will charge you $105 per sensor.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Thomas, we would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: June 27, 2017

We have been Slomins customers for over 18 years now, and had no issues with them until we tried to cancel services in February. It is now 6/27, and the account is still charging, and no one will cancel the account. We have called numerous times, each and every time the person answering the phone states they will transfer us to "cancellation department", and we never get there. We are always brought back to the same person who "cannot help" with cancellation. They state someone will call us back. Over a week later, we had a call from them, but it was 1030 am and no one was home. Called AGAIN today to cancel, representative on the phone tried to transfer my call to cancellation department... and they were not there. How does one cancel this account??!! Meanwhile, Slomins is still charging us, how can this be this difficult?

Slomins Alarm Systems

Angela, we would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: June 21, 2017

Needless to say I was FURIOUS! I took a day off from work because Slomins was coming between 1-5 pm. Mario shows up at 7 pm! I had to call Slomins at 4:45 pm to find out where crew member was. He is running late. Slomins couldn't call to tell me. I had to call! He gets here no SD card for camera. SERIOUSLY!! Everyone told me drop Slomins. Oh no I've used this company for almost 20 yrs. Mario was wonderful though... I just called to have camera installed - we don't have them in yet!!! This was a very POOR experience for a 20 yr customer!!!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Debra, thank you very much for your feedback and review of Slomin's!

Original review: June 20, 2017

The technician did an excellent job. He thoroughly explained the work he would be doing. He was quick, polite, neat, and very knowledgeable. He answered all of my questions. He made sure that I was satisfied with the alarm before he left. I would definitely recommend.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joe, thank you for the feedback ad your review!

Original review: June 14, 2017

The tech installer had a couple issues but resolved them quickly and now we have the best security system in the neighborhood. NO ONE is gonna get in here without setting off an alarm. Thank you so much. Had ADT for many years but Slomins is a thousand times better.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Christina, we would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: June 8, 2017

I paid for cameras and told the salesman I need them asap. He scheduled me for an install one week later. I was told the install was anytime between 8 and 5. I waited 6 and a half hours for them. Installer showed up with no cameras. He hooked up alarm and smoke detector. I told him I needed cameras asap and he told me they ran out of cameras. He does not know when he will get them in. I'm so upset. I need cameras and they had no problem taking my money but did not feel the need to tell me there are no cameras available. Now it's been 3 weeks. Terrible customer service.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Marianne, thanks for the feedback and we appreciate your business!

Original review: June 7, 2017

We weren't pleased with the home security provider we had before. Our town is very strict with the permit but the provider never told us to file for that so we didn’t have one and they didn’t do it for us. We ended up ending our contract with them. And when my husband read Slomin's reviews on the internet and the people had a lot of good experience with their system, we decided to use them. Installing it was pretty easy. The person who came was very good, was very patient and he told us what he did. When I called their customer service to ask a question, it has been pleasant as well.

I like the unit, the large buttons, the clearness of the directions and the fact that it talks to us. So if we forget what button to press, we can always figure out how to do it again. It’s like a nice computer. Unlike the other system we had which was much smaller and was very annoying. We’d had a lot of problems with it going off all hours of the night and there was some kind of electrical problem and it’s a nuisance. Slomin's is much better. We know how to operate the system and it seems pretty easy. It gives us more peace of mind and an added feeling of security knowing that the house is protected if we were to go away on vacation and nobody was going to be here. And it's good that our cat hasn't set off the alarm when we leave. Slomin's service has been excellent and the product has been working very well so far. We’re very happy with our purchase and we hope it continues on from this point.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Thomas, we would like to help resolve the issues you are having with your billing. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I've had Slomins Alarm System for seven years at least and my experience with them has been fine. But there’s been an issue with my account and the bill, so I’ve called them a few times. I’ve spoken to a few different people who keeps saying they’ll follow up with me and get back to me for clarification. But then nobody gets back to me.

Slomins Alarm Systems

James, thank you for the feedback and your loyalty to Slomin's!

Original review: June 3, 2017

The whole process from beginning to end was wonderful. I had Slomin's for 20 years at my old house and I was thinking about another using a different company. Every company I looked into was not giving me what I want it and was so overpriced. So we decided to call back Slomin's and they came out and they did a wonderful job. Thank you so much.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Ana, we appreciate your feedback and will get back to you shortly to resolve any issues you may still have.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I asked the representative to provide an update on the Camera option. He did indicate that service could be provided but did not include this in the upgrade of the system. Just the keyboard was upgraded. I was hoping to get an message with explanation why the camera option was not added to the upgrade.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Anditria, thank you for the feedback and your loyalty to Slomin's!

Original review: May 28, 2017

I was very impressed the same outstanding customer service representative came to my home in 2017, who came when I purchased my Slomin's alarm system in year 2000. She helped us purchase an upgrade and the installer was outstanding too!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Aaron, thanks for the feedback and we appreciate your business!

Original review: May 26, 2017

We needed to go ahead and activate the security system that was in our existing tenant space and went with Slomin's. They had to come back a few times during the installation and then there were some wiring issues, but we got everything cleared up. They were knowledgeable and also friendly for the most part. Our interaction was pretty easy having them being right next to us. Overall, everything was good. We've been using Slomin's business security system for about three months now and our building is more secure.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Minna, thanks for the feedback and we appreciate your loyalty to Slomin's!

Original review: May 25, 2017

I’ve been very pleased with Slomin's service in the nearly 14 years that I've had them. They were offering free installation then and the people who I spoke with at the home trade fair were helpful. Installing the security device was very easy and the team was very friendly. A year ago, I started looking at upgrading my system and they had representative come but wasn’t able to offer me what I was looking for. The cost would have been too much to upgrade. I looked at other alarm companies and had an appointment set up with ADT whose customer service is horrible. I had to ask them to send me an email that would give me a clear idea of what the cost would be for the upgrade and they never sent me the email. They also charged about $90 just to set up an appointment. I had to cancel that but had to do it three times before it went through their system.

So then, I called Slomin's back and asked if they had anything new. They sent a nice guy over to my house and he was really helpful. Also, the upgrade was a lot less money than it was a year ago. It’s really easy with the digital system and I’m happy with Slomin's. They are a local company to Long Island and people who work there are all Long Island people. I’d rather do a local company than a large national company like ADT.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Demi, thank you for the positive feedback!

Original review: May 24, 2017

Nice to have the security of your product. It has been in my home 2 weeks now. It is easy to use. So far so good. I was recommended to you by a fellow attorney that I work with. Installer guy was friendly and helpful. He was courteous and informative. I hope to have many safe years with my Slomins Shield.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Ilona, thank you very much for the feedback and appreciate your business!

Original review: May 23, 2017

We are really happy with this service starting from explanation by your consultant to installation by your technician. We could meet two great person and get a reliable service. We are more than thankful! And of course looking forward to recommend Slomins to our friends or customers! Thanks for everything again!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Neil, we appreciate your feedback and will get back to you shortly to resolve any issues you may still have.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Very nice salesman. Although when I asked about the house sign for the shrubs and the app I was told the installer would take care of those things. My wife was home when the installer came and he did not give us a sign for the shrubs or talk to us at all about the app. Now I need to spend my time to research all of this as well as emailing the salesman to get a house sign. Now I'm using my time!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Daniela, thank you for the positive feedback and we appreciate the kind words!

Original review: May 23, 2017

I am very happy with my alarm system. Installation was quick and easy! The technician made sure to explain everything to me. Customer service is always great. They've been very helpful every time that I've called. It is very easy to navigate and operate. I definitely feel safer and sleep better at night knowing my children and I are protected. I would recommend it!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Keisha, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I was lucky when a salesman from Slomins came to my job and I was able to know about the company he represents. It was our first security service provider and we had it for three weeks now. During the installation, I wasn't home but somebody was there. They explained everything well so it was easy and simple. They came with one monitor and two sensors, one for the door and one for the window. Their customer service was excellent. I called them when I forgot something and they didn't make fun of me, they just helped me and that made me feel good. I work all the time and I'm never really at home and one time, I had a bad experience when I got robbed in my neighborhood. I felt vulnerable because the robbers might come again and I would never know since I wasn't there. Now that I got a security alarm, I feel more secure leaving my house. I would recommend it to a friend.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Linda, thank you for choosing Slomin's.

Original review: May 11, 2017

The customer service person was very clear and reassuring while explaining the procedure and coordinating between myself and the person who was at the site. His knowledge and advice was on cue, and made me feel confident in my decisions and choices.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Zegas, we would like to help resolve the issues you are having with the system. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: May 8, 2017

When working with the salesman, I was told that motion detectors are fine for cats as they only detect motion from things 80 lbs or higher. I have had to have Slomin's back twice after installation to disarm the 1st floor motion detector and later the basement motion detector as my cats set both off. This has been extremely frustrating and each visit forces me to leave large blocks of time open for the appointments.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Lonnie, sorry to hear that you are having issues with the system and the app. We will contact you shortly to help resolve these issues.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I've used Slomins for a month but like ADT better. Everything, like the app, seems to be better with ADT. It seems like Slomins has a very old system. Also, the installation experience was the absolute worst. They screwed up four times and charged us twenty times for things that we didn’t ask for. And it’s still not installed properly.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Candace, sorry that it wasn't fully explained about that we run your credit. We will contact you shortly to help resolve this issue.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I wish the salesperson would have said that Slomins would make a hard inquiry on my credit score. I recently purchased a home and probably would have waited a bit as I have a bunch of hard inquiries on my score already. That is something I think should be explained by the salesperson.

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Profile