Get a Free Quote Visit Website
Accredited Partner

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.21/5
Visit Website

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures peace of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Slomins Alarm Systems offer an affordable base plan with excellent home automation features. The contracts are long, but the complimentary initial equipment makes up for it.

PROS

• Home automation features
  • 24/7 monitoring
  • Affordable pricing

CONS

• Long contracts

Top Slomins Alarm Systems Reviews

With the system, our sense of security is perfect. Its features are very good and easy to use which my wife loves. She was scared it was gonna be too difficult to understand. The pricing was great, too.

Closed on my house in the afternoon and the first thing the next morning they were able to install my alarm. My salesman was professional, knowledgeable and punctual. The installer came on time and did an excellent and efficient job as well. I could not have asked for a better security experience.

How does Slomins Alarm Systems work?

Slomins Alarm Systems professionally monitor your system for trouble, 24/7. Slomins home security provides professional installation services and estimates installation will take 4 to 6 hours. Included is the mySlomin’s app, which lets you remotely monitor your system.

Although there are fees associated with breaking Slomins' unusually long 60-month contract, the low monthly cost may alleviate this issue.

Slomins Alarm Systems cost

Beginning at just $29.95 a month and providing well over $1000 worth of starter equipment, Slomins is one of the most affordable home security companies around. Because the Slomins website does not have a specific breakdown on the supplementary cost of additional equipment and services, it's best to contact them directly for more information and a detailed quote.

Slomins Alarm Systems equipment

Slomins has several home automation tools, including controls for lighting, thermostats and door locks. The basic system comes with an LCD control panel, a motion detector, window decals and yard signs. It also arms up to entryways using door contacts. Video cameras and the Slomins touch screen keypad are optional and an extra cost. Other items you can ask about include water, fire, carbon monoxide and temperature detectors.

slomins alarm systems LCD control panel
LCD control panel
slomins alarm systems motion detector
Motion detector
slomins alarm systems door contacts
Door contacts
slomins alarm systems video camera
Video camera
slomins alarm systems decals and yard sign
Decals and yard signs
slomins alarm system keychain remote
Keychain remote

Slomins Alarm Systems FAQ

Is Slomins available where I live?
Slomins is located in:
  • South Carolina
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia
Is the Slomins security system professionally monitored?
Yes. If the alarm goes off and you are not around, emergency responders will be dispatched to take care of the issue.
Can I control the Slomins security system through my phone?
Absolutely. You can access the alarm system through a phone or tablet to view the status or make certain commands. There is also a downloadable Slomins app.
How to cancel Slomins security?
You will need to call Slomins directly for their cancellation policies.

Do we recommend Slomins Alarm Systems?

We recommend Slomins Alarms Systems for their affordable base package, complimentary initial equipment and smart home automation functionality. Several Slomins reviews mention the contract is too long for their liking, but if Slomins fits your needs and you don’t plan on moving houses soon, a long-term contract could be a good fit for you.

Slomins Alarm Systems Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I had another alarm company prior to Slomins which was the first one and they sold out to another company. They never told me. So, when I had a problem one time, I called and they were not available. It was like a nightmare. Then I decided to get rid of them. I was without an alarm for two years until I was watching TV and I decided to give Slomins a try. They’re local. The technicians are all over here and all I had to do is call and they’re here for me. I love my alarm. Their reps are all amazing.

The people that came out to do the install were really very nice. I love technology but I’m not so good at it. So, they explained everything to me. I installed some cameras over here and I didn’t know too much about the cameras, and so my fiancé who's in the Middle East told me to send the information to him in order for him to verify to see everything was doing okay. The installer sent the information to Afghanistan. It was amazing. Everything was done exactly the way Eric wanted it. It was really amazing. And when the installer came over here, I didn’t have the one from the door. So, he was telling me and I said I wanted it. I am so grateful. And the cameras were beautiful. I am really very happy with the service from A to Z. It’s like they put all the great people and they put them to their company.

I was so satisfied and I was like so surprised because I didn’t know what I was getting into. I know we wanted the cameras, but my fiance and the installer got in touch with each other and I got exactly what we wanted and it was amazing. The system is amazing. I ordered something from Amazon, and I saw the guy coming in and he just came out here and put the package. Everything’s perfect. I check it in my phone. I’m waiting until Eric comes home so that we could put it in his phone, too. And I could not have a better service because Slomins tailor to my needs. Somebody sent in an email to Afghanistan just to make sure, “This is what we have and what we’re going to do.” That is over the step because I did not expected that. And Eric was so happy.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Maria Rivera, We appreciate your feedback and we are happy to hear about this positive experience!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We've had Slomin's for about 25 years and I have motion sensors, a fire detector in the basement and carbon monoxide detectors, which I’ve just replaced all over the house. We might be interested in doing cameras too. But Slomin's needs to take better notes as to what people need and what they want. The installation was a little shaky because I was at work and although I specifically told them that I wanted the motion detector put in the spare bedroom, they put it in the living room where I have cats. The motion detector was constantly going off. So then I had to bypass that zone and that was kind of yucky.

Then I couldn’t ask my father to do it again so I had to stay home while Slomin's fixed that problem. But then they left a big hole in my wall, which needs to be there in the first place, so I had to fix the wall too. The alarms should also have been attached to the window and to the wall. Instead, they had it so that you could easily pull it off. It was like Velcro and so my cats were flipping it with their hand and my alarm was going off. I told Slomin's I had cats and cats like to play with things so they shouldn’t have something that has a little wire either.

The other thing was that I needed to change something that everybody calls the delay from my side door to my front door. But Slomin's never made it the first time and all they had to do was come to the house and reprogram the box because I no longer had it where they could do it over the phone. My alarm kept going off because my phone line was always going out. So that wasn’t Slomin’s fault. But when I switched over to another company, I had Slomin's come in to put the delay from the side door to the front door and they couldn’t get to my house in time. I had to stay home another time just to get a minor thing. The guy who was coming in to do it, found out what was going on and said he was in the neighborhood but then he never made it there. The guy who did finally come, took five minutes to do it. So Slomin's needs some improvements along the way.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Debra, thanks for taking the time to review us online and for being a loyal Slomins customer since 1999!!

Original review: June 18, 2019

Slomin's customer service was good. They told me they were gonna install the system for free, which they did. Their installer was very quick. They gave me a window from 8:00 to 12:00 and they were there before the 12 o’clock. By 12:00 they were all done and gone. I also have wireless, which is great. They also gave me the camera and the keypad and the contacts for the windows and doors and I didn’t have to pay anything except for the monitoring. I have an iPhone and I can turn my alarm on and off from anywhere in the United States and overseas. I've been in Portugal and I can watch my system through the camera.

Lately I had a couple of problems with my password to get in. Still, Slomin's team resolved it. Thus far, I've never had a problem with the system's quality. It never goes off accidentally unless I accidentally open the door. Every time you call customer service, they're very helpful. They send me the bill for the monitoring every three months and I pay it. When I forget that the system is on and I open the door, the alarm goes off when I go in. Slomin's team calls me right away asking me if it's me. They would have a secret password and their reps would say that if I don't answer, they would send the police right away.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Mario, We are very happy to hear about your experience. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Original review: April 22, 2019

The Slomin's security system was already installed in the house, so when we were robbed, we had them come out and update the system. The experience we've had with the representatives at Slomin's has been really good -- both the first time we had the system reinstalled and the last time when the tech guy came out. The tech guy was excellent and he really helped me. He showed how to get the app on my phone. Now, it can be done off your phone and he made sure I really knew everything with the updated system.

I like the features and they work out really good. I am happy with the cost, although my bill went up $4 a month or $12 every quarter for the update of the service, which is really not that much cost considering what I have. I can program the system off my phone or turn it off or check it, so it is really a good service. The night we got robbed, I was going around and putting locks on the doors. We didn't have anything that night and I figured those people would be back, so I set the alarm every night and if I step out a couple of minutes and when my teenage daughter is home. I am secure about it then and at least I know what is going on.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Anne, thank you for the great feedback!

Original review: April 12, 2019

I was an ADT customer for 12 years. I moved into a new house in December of 2018 and I had an ADT sales rep come three times with a technician. They said that they could do the system then they couldn't do it then they could. They had to do upgrades and in the end, they tried to take out over $1,000 out of my pocket. I basically threw them out.

The radio show I listen to, Z100, advertises Slomins all the time so I made a phone call. The customer representative that I talked to was very polite. She gave me the contact of the salesman who would be coming to my house as well as a three-hour window. The salesman came right on time. He looked at everything and told me that I could absolutely use all the hardware that was already existing in the house like the window and the door sensors. He also looked at all the glass breaks and the basement sensors that I had and he was very upfront about how they might have to be replaced. He was able to give me a quote right then and there and I actually signed the contract before he left the house. I also took his advice to have the batteries of all the sensors replaced as he said that that would save a lot of time. I had done that the weekend prior to the installer's schedule. I wound up having 36 zones in total between all the windows and doors.

The guy who came to install my system was great. He asked me before he did the work and communicated while he was here. He used all the existing sensors and he replaced the ones that were not functional, such as the one in the basement. He also put in another glass break sensor, motion sensor, three fire sensors and two LCD panels. He was in and out of the house in less than three hours and everything went great. From the customer service rep to the salesperson to the tech, everyone that I dealt with from Slomins was very professional and communicated very well. They knew all of my expectations and they did a phenomenal job. I was very impressed. All three floors of my house are now thoroughly covered. The Slomins' app is also on my phone and my wife's phone, and it works fantastically. I have more features on my system and my monthly cost is right where I expected it to be.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Kyle, what an awesome review, thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: March 27, 2020

The only complaint I had was there was a very big mix-up with the billing, but Slomins straightened it out. However, it took two months to get it straight. The first month, they agreed there was a mistake made and they said they would correct it, and then I got a bill in the mail the next month that nothing was taken. It was $200 more than it should have been and then they adjusted it for the next month. That was the only problem. The system itself is fine. It's easy to work the keypad. I got more than I had from my last alarm that was set up. I'm very happy with Slomins.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Joel Epstein, thank you for reviewing us. We are sorry to hear about the delay in getting that issue resolved and we are happy that it was resolved to your satisfaction!

Original review: March 25, 2020

I have had Slomins Shield for over five years. They are always professional, courteous and knowledgeable. I have been a customer for over five years and recently re-signed another contract and had two more pieces of equipment installed. The technician that installed my video doorbell went over and beyond for me without me even asking. I always appreciate the customer service and I know I’m in good hands.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Christine Hayes, thank you for your continued loyalty to Slomins and we appreciate the 5 stars and great review!

Original review: March 25, 2020

Great customer service from the initial appointment to the installation!! Friendly and courteous staff. The introductory appointment was fast, informative and Steve was very knowledgeable of the product. I would definitely recommend Slomins to friends and family. I give Slomins FIVE STARS!!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Andrea Liverpool, we are excited to hear about your review and we thank you for trusting Slomins for your security needs!

Resolution response: March 26, 2020

I received my refund today 3/26. Resolved. Thank you

Original review: March 25, 2020

I was mistakenly charged $279 for the doorbell alarm on March 5, 2020 and was promised a refund. As of today March 25, that has not occurred. They had plenty of time to refund the money prior to the Corona virus stay at home order. So that cannot be used as an excuse.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Irene Contogianes, thank you for reviewing us and for letting us know about this issue. We are more than happy to look into your refund and we will contact you within 24 hours with a resolution.

Thanks again!

Original review: March 25, 2020

I accidentally set off the alarm when I opened the door. As I was entering data into the system, Slomin called immediately and asked if everything was ok, etc. I would recommend Slomins to anyone. I had very good service. Thank You.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Jeri Reiderer, we are happy to know the system works and we thank you for the great review!

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information