Call toll free
4.71/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures piece of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

633 Slomins Alarm Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The Slomins Installation man, was professional, efficient & extremely neat & clean. He took the time to show me the new system, install the app on my phone & answer any questions that I had. I am very pleased with Slomins & have been a customer since 2001. I have recommended Slomins to friends & family.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

No response received
Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Slomins has to be the worst alarm/customer service company out there. Everyone that works for the company is rude from customer service reps to those dispatching the fire/police. They lock you into a contract with no way out. The technology is inferior. I asked to move my account to a new house and they had no interest in doing it. They took me to court. Never work with these people!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Slomins is dependable and fairly priced and I always recommend them. I had the home security system put in a long time ago to be secure. They gave me a good deal. The features in the system are good enough and there was some newer stuff that came out, but as long as the system works, I’m with happy with what I have. When I had a wire that evidently had been chewed by some rodent leading to a crawl space, it registered as the door was never closed. Slomins sent out a technician and he was extremely nice. He was competent and was patient when he heard my problem. He found out why the alarm did not work and he was able to fix it. I will stay as a Slomins’ customer as long as they provide the same kind of service that they did.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

David, thank you for the great review, we appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My old security system was outdated. I started looking at other possibilities and because my daughter had gotten her Slomins a little while before, I looked into it. They have what I needed. They also offered everything that everybody else did at a good price and I didn’t have to change too much in my system. Comparing the cost between a couple other ones and my previous one, Slomins is cost-effective. Their equipment is state-of-the-art. It's nice and I like it. I have been with Slomins for a month and I've had a pleasant experience. Their sales representative was very knowledgeable and informative. He answered all my questions. The technician was nice and also knowledgeable, and the installation only took a couple of hours. I was pleased with Slomins and I would recommend them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Luigi, thanks for reviewing us!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I'm very happy that I have Slomin's. We've had them for 12 years now and we did some upgrade. It took a day for them to do everything with the installation, but everything was good. They were very professional and knew what they're doing. They put a camera and a thermostat, and my sense of security is much more. Also, all of the customer service reps are wonderful. They're very helpful and nice. Whenever I call, they answer and always resolve my issue. I didn't have to pay a lot out of my pocket for the system and I'm happy with whatever I pay.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Nancy, we are very happy to hear about your experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Back in 1999, I looked up a lot of systems and I saw that Slomin’s was a family-oriented company. Since then, their policies have stayed the same and they've upgraded. Also, anytime that I've had any questions, they've always answered their phones. However, there was a time that I couldn't do it anymore financially. But when I was financially able again, I went back to them because they're a company that is for the customer.

Their sales team was good. They were not pushy and they let me make up my mind. If I wanted an alarm at a certain place, they'd tell me okay but then give suggestions too. What I also liked was that they explained everything. By the time they took me as far as the installation, they asked me if I have any questions and then they took me to everything they were gonna do in my house and what kind of system I needed.

As far as their personnel coming in, they've been efficient and courteous. They've done their work and then cleaned up after themselves. The installer was cordial as well. He acted like I knew him for years. He went to the job and did it. Then, he let me go through the whole system, showed me everything on it, and explained everything about it. The installation was really fast because they used the same wiring from my old system. With the previous alarm on the doors, the installer just took those off and put the new ones up. We also had the one that was hooked up to the phone system which the installer took out and put the new one where that was. Then, I was gonna replace a bad door and they said they would come back and do it. And as soon as I called, a gentleman came straight on out and did what he had to do.

The alarm system is beautiful. It’s got a lot of features and it's excellent. I love the new one because it’s a panel that you just touch and the panel would tell you if you left the door or a window open. Wherever you have your alarms at, it’d tell you that. I can also arm and disarm the system on my cellphone, which I really like because if I forget to arm the system and I’m running out of the house or when I take the groceries or have something all in my hand and I gotta disarm the alarm system, I can do that.

The alarm also gives you a whole minute to get out of the door. Then, when you go out of the door, you can turn off the voice because when any door is open, it tells you which one it is. With the old system, it would be ringing and you've gotta figure out where it is. There's also a feature where you can push a button and Slomin's reps can hear what’s going on in the house without them calling. So, they’re listening on to check if somebody’s bothering you and it’s recorded.

Another thing I like about Slomin's is that when that alarm goes off before you even breathe, they are calling you. And when they do call you, they’re so courteous. They'd also ask you if everything is all right or if you need any help. When the alarm went off the first time and I had to call, Slomin's rep said that they didn't have a number for me to call the police station. The person that answered the phone on weekends, because they weren’t open, took all my information and forwarded it to the company. She didn’t tell me to call this or that, unlike what a lot of other companies do. She said she would do it and when I checked, the company had all the information. With the Slomin's system installed, I feel more protected. They're also a very good company that does not charge for false alarms and has a very reasonable price. I have told people about them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Angela, thanks for the great review!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I was very pleased with my Sales Rep. Mrs. **, she was awesome with follow-up and follow through. My Installer was very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. We had an alert and it took mere seconds for someone to call and check on my family! This service is very reliable!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

S Hunton, Thanks for the review!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I've been with Slomins for the last 20 years and my experience with them has been great. When I moved from New Jersey to Florida, I had a new installation done and it went smoothly. The tech was thorough, professional, and knew what he was doing. There was a part that he needed, and he went out of his way to get it and come back, which took him almost two hours. I told him to come back the next day, but he was so dedicated to getting it done. The quality of the system is good. This is a newer version of what I’ve had in the past. In the past, I had the hard-wired while this can go wireless. Slomins is an excellent company. They're responsive and they seemed to be on top of the game, especially with technology.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Eduardo, thanks for the positive feedback!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

There was an initial issue, however, a Slomins supervisor came out to do an inspection and issue was immediately resolved. We have been a Slomins customer for the past 28 years and have been happy with their product and service.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Robert, thank you for your feedback!

Resolution response: Oct. 1, 2018

My experience with Slomins WAS horrible, BUT the gentleman from Slomins who called me after reading my review was wonderful and helped resolve my issue completely. It is a shame it got to this point at all, but I was very pleased with how it got resolved to my satisfaction.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I decided to upgrade to a touchpad for my alarm. It would cost $8.25 per month more, but okay... Well, they ripped out the old keypad and installed the EXACT same model keypad. No one at Slomins told me why they did this, nor did they apologize for it. But - they DID decide I was still obligated to pay the new rate because "I signed the contract." The sales associate that sold me the new keypad had no explanation why this happened. His manager refused to speak to me, saying "Tell him to call customer service." So I called customer service and they were useless. All they said was "You signed the contract." I got ROYALLY screwed by Slomins. To say I am disgusted is an understatement.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Ronald, thank you for reviewing us. As per our records we are currently working on this with you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I’ve been with Slomin’s for 19 years and I recently upgraded to have a camera. Everything went fine with their sales reps and everything was beautiful about the installation. They got me a new system and it took the guy two hours to install it. The new features are good and so is the quality. The smartphone feature is also easy to use. Overall, I’m happy with the company.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Edwin, we appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Your Service Technician was fantastic. I believe his name was Jesus and he has a Service Tech #5. He was extremely knowledgeable and careful when he did the installation, guiding me thru the process and even working with us to set up the equipment and show us how the updated system works. You need to keep this guy on your payroll.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

There have been burglaries in the area and I got the Slomins alarm system for my wife's security. This is my second system with Slomins and they have deals for the price. My interaction with them this time was very good but on the previous system, they sucked. I had a problem with the previous system and they would not come out and look at it. But apart from that, my experience with them has been mostly good and the installation has been awesome. The guy was nice and explained everything. I am a big fan of the smartphone features and I use them for monitoring and looking at cameras but I would also like to get the electric locks. The cost is also very fair and the quality is good for the price. I'm happy with the system and I've recommended them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Gerard, we appreciate your honest feedback!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I'm satisfied with Slomin's so far. I've been with them for many years now and the old model system I have was recently upgraded. The installer was very helpful and outstanding. The cost of the system is good for the quality. I have the digital keypad in all of the entry points, and I feel secure with the updated and better system. Slomin's is a secure, sturdy and stable system.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Bobby, we appreciate your positive and honest feedback!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I was very pleased with the alarm upgrade experience. I called to inquire about alarming my new windows and the representative took it from there. I was pleased with the price negotiation as well. (I had considered switching to ADT, but called SLOMINS first because I have been a heating and alarm customer for over 20 years). Amadeus and Jesus were professional and courteous. All good. I already recommended you to a lifelong friend.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Rosalie, We are very happy to hear about your experience!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

So far I have been satisfied with the product. I have made a couple of errors and the response to possible intrusion has been instant. I use the auto device often and find it is very useful and handy for me. Being a senior citizen living alone it is a comforting to go to bed at night knowing that I am safe and if there is an intrusion that alarm should change anyone's mind about proceeding further.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Winifred, we appreciated your positive and honest feedback!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The guy who installed our Slomin's system was very diligent and on tact. It took him a day and a half to complete the installation. The system we have is remote and not like the old-fashioned kind. I've used the touch feature, but I find it kinda odd because you need to use a stylus. It does not react to your heat like a smartphone does, which I thought what it was gonna be doing. Still, I would recommend Slomin's.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Paula, thank you for reviewing us!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I’ve had the security system for about 10 years and I upgraded it recently. I’ve had a couple of issues where I’ve had to call the customer service of Slomins and they’ve been very helpful. One time, the alarm went off at 2:00 in the morning and I didn’t know what was wrong. I called them and they walked me through it. They were very nice and knowledgeable on the phone.

When I originally got the system, the rep knew what he was doing. When I did the upgrade, the rep walked me through everything too and she was knowledgeable. The installer, Matt, was in and out in no time. It was a very easy and quick process. I had small dogs running around and he was nice with them and he really knew what he was doing. He cleaned up after himself too. I got the key fob which I love. It makes it easy and I don’t even have to touch the panel. When I’m coming in and out of the house and I have a bag of groceries, I don’t have to run to the panel. Anybody that I talk to that talks about an alarm system and even if they've never had one, I really recommend Slomins.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Patricia, thanks for the great review!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Called today to be proactive prior to the cold weather coming. I wanted to schedule a furnace tune up per my service contract. Was told the earliest appointment they have is in April 2019. That right, 7 months from now. Just after winter ends and the nicer weather arrives. Also 3 months after my contract expires. How can a service organization get away with this? Would anyone reading this seriously consider using them as a heating company? And based on their reviews on the security side of their business they are no better there.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Roger, thank you for your feedback. We will contact you shortly to assist you.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I called Slomins this morning. I have become deaf. I need to add a device that will shake my bed to wake me up in case of a fire. I needed to know if my existing alarm was a T3. The representative didn't know. She asked a supervisor and I was told that she "didn't think so." Replacing the alarm system will be expensive but it is a necessity for me. I was disappointed that Slomins couldn't be bothered to get me a definitive answer. I was very disappointed and will certainly look elsewhere for a replacement.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Nancy thank you for your feedback. We will contact you shortly to assist you with this issue.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Had a great technician. He was timely and quick and neat. Also personable... Also had a trainee with him who also was great. Slomins is a great company and I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a security company.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Sharon, thank you for your positive review!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

We have had a Slomins security system in our home for more than 20 years and we are completely satisfied. We recently upgraded/updated a few features of the system and the salesperson and technician that helped us determine what we needed were both very professional and helpful. The technician put in a very full day of work in the heat and humidity to install the new features and worked until the job was completely done. He was in every level of our house and was very efficient and neat. He was patient and took the time to answer questions about the installation when we wanted to understand how things were going to work and be set up. We are very pleased with the services provided by this technician and Slomins. Keep up the good work!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Paul, we appreciate your positive feedback!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I had an alarm system with ADT but I didn’t like their service. Their billing was too confusing, so I cancelled it and then my son recommended Slomin's Alarm Systems. The rep was pleasant enough to deal with and he gave me a lot of information. The quality of the equipment is fine and I like the panel because it’s big and I can see everything on it. I also like using the remote which I have two of. Slomin's is an easy to use and competent system and the billing is straightforward.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Sharon, thank you for your honest feedback!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I agreed to have a new alarm system installed. The sales and installation process went fine and then we received an invoice for fees already paid and alarm permits which we already have and it the permit # was provided to the salesperson. It took four calls to resolve the issue, one of which was with an obnoxious manager who was rude. Also, the App does not function in the manner the salesperson presented. I called and canceled the use of the App which is at an additional fee. Totally not worth it. If I had it to do again, I would not have switched from my existing service provider.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Nadeane thank you for your feedback. We will contact you shortly to assist you.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

A friend of mine has Slomin's and he was happy with it so I gave it a try. They put it in complementary and they got that back on the monthly fee. They offered a free camera but I didn't want one so I got the extra keypad for upstairs. They've been good. The salesman was not high pressure and was excellent. The service guy was also very professional and courteous. He set everything up with the old keypads while he put the new keypads and checked the system. The keypads are good. At least when he was here, everything was good. The installation took him a little over half a day.

Last night at around 12:30 the alarm went off. I went to the pad upstairs and it said that the family room windows were breached. So I went downstairs. A technician is coming today but not for this problem. But since it occurred, hopefully, he can take care of it because I've never seen an alarm system go off when the windows were closed and functional. I've only had the system for almost two months and so far, so good until last night. I had to call Slomin's and tell them not to call the police. Hopefully they can fix whatever went wrong. Other than that, the system is very intuitive and has different zones you can arm and disarm from your smartphone which is nice. So in case I had my son-in-law coming in, I can disarm it and then arm it when he leaves if I'm not home. It's got some neat features.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Eugene, we appreciate your positive feedback!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

We were sold on the cameras based on what we were told by the sales rep. When the installer came it was not the same experience. The app does not work with the camera. We had to download another app and it’s not very user friendly especially for a tech savvy person. The alerts drain my battery and there is no way to limit the amount I get. The sensor goes off and when I review the video I see no movement. It was requested I sign a cancellation policy stating I can cancel in 3 days but the installation didn’t take place for two week after so how would I have known. The installer was great and went the extra mile to try to make up for all the incorrect promises the sales rep made.

UPDATED ON (9/12/2018): After my original review I was contacted by a Slomins representative who took the time to listen to what my complaint was and he genuinely offered a resolution that allowed me to obtain what I was originally promised. This definitely turned a not so great experience to a better one and I am actually happy to have been able to deal with this him.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Melinda thank you for reviewing us. We will be in touch with you shortly to assist you with this issue.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I was with ADT for ten years then I switched over because Slomin's had a lower monthly monitoring cost. But when you have to call, you get through to an ADT person almost immediately. With Slomin's, you have to sit on hold for five minutes. It’s ridiculous. The few times I've dealt with their representatives were totally positive though. The equipment is also the same as I had before but the control panel is more modern so I’m happy about that.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dale we appreciate your honest feedback!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

In my other life, I had to deal with a lot of security issues and I didn’t like the other company. On the other hand, Slomins Alarm Systems is a good company that produces a good product. Also, they're bigger and have more prettier signs. Their customer service team was good. They came over when they were supposed to and the installation went fine. They knew what they were doing. We’re just having one issue with one motion detector ‘cause it seems to be going off and we can’t figure out why, but that’s it.

I would have liked three signs, though. That would make me happy. The sales guy and the installation guy didn’t have any so I had to call the office and they said I could only have two. I wanted one for the other side of the property and they said no. Also, I wish the instruction manual was a bigger print. But Slomins is a reputable company. They do a good job and they’ve been in business for a while.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Doug, thank you for you positive review. We will send another sign out to you!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We had a security system in our other house about seven years ago. When we purchased this house, it already had Slomin's in it so we just activated and updated it. Our interaction with their sales team was fabulous. They sent over a representative and he gave us knowledge of the system. He was top notch and he knew what his stuff is. He told me exactly what I should do 'cause I was overboard on some of the security. We also added some extra security which was not done by the prior owners of this house so that came up really good. We have everything secured from the garage to downstairs to upstairs.

The features and the security equipment itself is awesome 'cause they went right into work the first month we had it. I just had a fire in my house so in between trying to get my kids and the dogs out, the fire alarm rang. They were probably trying to call me, but I was too busy trying to get stuff situated. They called the fire department, and the fire department came to my house to help out tremendously. The system is number one in my book for now. I also use its smartphone feature all the time. We get a chance to just look and arm the alarm on if we forgot it. Slomin's is a known brand and its cost in relation to its quality is a very good deal. I'll trade it in for nothing. It's definitely a high tech security. We love them on the house and we're happy with it. If someone asks me about Slomin's, I would tell them they better get it quick.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Rafael, thank you for your positive feedback!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

New system installed by technician. The technician was extremely knowledgeable, and helpful. He arrived during the allotted time slot and stay for a long time to make sure that everything was installed properly. I would highly recommend Slomins to a friend!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Christian, thank you for your great review!

Slomins Alarm Systems expert review by Erin Raub

Get a professionally installed system with 2 package options for $29.95 and $42.95 a month. Systems have 5-year contracts and come with warranties. The company also offers heating and cooling services.

• Complimentary home review: Users get the benefit of learning what the security weaknesses are in their home prior to signing up for an alarm system, for no additional cost.

• Remote access: Users can access their alarm system and monitor their home from any Internet-enabled mobile device, such as a phone or tablet, regardless of the platform their mobile device uses.

• Central monitoring system: Slomin alarms are connected to a central monitoring system; if the alarm goes off and the user can't be reached, the company dispatches emergency services to the home.

• Protection against false alarms: Users can set up a password they can give dispatchers to cancel an alarm once it goes off.

• Customization available: Users can choose the features that make the most sense for their home, including remote access, home automation or live streaming of what's going on in their houses.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information