Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Slomins Alarm Systems

Angelo, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I'm an electrician by trade. 25 years ago when I moved out here to New Jersey, being from Brooklyn, I put up a local alarm system in my home. Over the years, we stopped using it because we live in Somerville, New Jersey. Someone forced their way into the house and I wasn't using the alarm at the time. I had been hoping that Slomin's truck would go by and sure enough, I'm working in my garage and the guy was canvassing. He came up to me and his supervisor pulls up, we did a quick walk-through of the house and I signed up. I always had my eye on ADT and Slomins but I liked Slomins' whole arrangement. They had a free equipment and also, I paid three months upfront and I won't get a bill for four months. That was pretty nice.

My wife is from Staten Island, and the installer was Anthony from Staten Island, New York so we immediately got along really well. The installation was really nice. The guy was personable and a dog person. We have an 80-pound Hound dog named Bella and we had to set the alarm to not see her. He used a pair of wires that I had where my keypad was. So we took my keypad out, he put his keypad over it. The wires were right there, we went in the basement, hooked them up, plugged it in and that went beautifully. He was standing to the side wall, I was punching in codes and he is calling out the screens as if he was standing in front of the thing. He was very knowledgeable about the equipment, in no hurry to run away, and explained everything really clearly. I'm very impressed.

I feel a lot better leaving the house now, knowing that the alarm is there. I used to be setting the alarm all the time when I leave the house but now, everybody is getting used to using it. So once in a while we I get home, I have to turn it off. But most of the time when I get home, my wife or my daughter is already home. Last week, my daughter set off the alarm and nobody called me. So I called and I found out she got to the keypad rather quickly. She shut it off within a reasonable amount of time and they didn't even get a signal. But if something happens, I'm going to get a phone call to tell me that something is going on. In addition, if someone forces you to turn off the alarm, you punch in ** which will turn off the alarm, but it immediately sends the police which is really cool and I have recommended them to all the people.

I don't remember the technical names. Came out to install my system. They was nice and l enjoy talk with them. They help me a lot. I thank you for send me two nice man's out here. I will enjoy have this service with you. I like and l known l going to enjoy this system.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Nicholas, glad to hear that we were able to help solve any issues you may.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

The amount of time that is asked of you to wait at home for the installer is ridiculous. I was not given a time at first and after pressuring customer service they gave me a 5 hour window to which they showed up at the end of that window. I was also never asked about a security word and was assigned a random word automatically.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Kimberly, thanks so much for the review!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

We had our equipment upgraded and, as usual, the technician was fabulous. He happened to be the same tech that did our initial install in 2009. We will continue to recommend Slomins to our friends. Thanks for being such a good company.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Michael, thanks for the review and feedback! We will be in contact shortly.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I had Slomins for over 20 years at the old house. We moved to Jersey and I picked them up here. They were good in the past. They had some commercials about a free camera and I was hoping to get an upgrade since I had them for 20 years but I didn't get that.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Sidney, thanks for the review. We will check that out for you and get back to you.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

We put Slomins in our home two months ago and it was fine and they had a fast response when I goofed. I opened the door and before I could shut it, the phone rang. The only problem we have is it’s been a couple of months now and we haven’t gotten a bill.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Slomins Alarm Systems

Regina, thanks for the review and feedback!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I have Slomins' home monitoring service and installing the security device was easy and smooth. I once accidentally set off the alarm and they were very quick to respond. And I appreciated that. I feel safe simply having an alarm service, so it comes in handy.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Keith, we appreciate your feed back and would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Had salesman come over. There were two people came. They told me all about alarm and it all sounded good. After install the key pad never had the right weather. It says 12 degrees every day. The install man did not have stickers for the windows. So I called the salesman three times. Every time he said no problem. To this day I do not have them. Finally I called office again and some girl told me she would send out five. That's the most she could do. I called the office at least five time of the keypad not working right with weather. The salesman selling point was I was getting a weather read out every day and that sold me on buying it and not the other company. Today is August 29 and if not working by end of month you will have to take system out. The install man blamed the Hicksville office and the Hicksville office said it was the install man. The whole experience sucks. Wish I never bought it.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Luis, thanks for the review. We are glad you and your family feel safe!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

We've been using Slomins for almost three months now and I’ve been calling on my bill to come and pay what’s due. When I finally received it, it’s cheap and prompt when it's supposed to be. Also, the installation was cool, quick and professional. The installer did what he had to do and left. Everything works so far. I got daughters and I feel safe when I'm at home and I could leave with ease and come back.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Melissa, we appreciate your feed back and would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My experience with the new alarm system has been nothing but disappointing. We are Slomins customers for 11 years. We were told that we were getting a new free alarm system and never disclosed that there was a contract or additional fees to get the remote app. Our billing has been messed up. I've had to call customer service three times and now the fourth. Our new alarm was installed and a home phone does not work and no one has showed up to fix it. We were never trained properly on the new alarm system. And when we asked for the new camera the indoor camera that supposed to be free we were also never told that there is additional monthly fees with that as well.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Robert, thank you for the review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

My nearly 20 year system was upgraded and a flood sensor added, the technician did a neat job and was very professional. Have been very happy with Slomins service for nearly the past 20 years, would definitely recommend to relatives or friends looking to install a security system.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Rick, we appreciate your feed back and would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We were not 100% certain that we wanted an alarm system. We had a limited budget left as this is a new home we are just completing and funds are minimal at best. A Slomins rep came out and after going over everything with him, the equipment we would need, the costs for this equipment, we decided to go ahead with it. This despite the fact that we really didn't have the extra funds to do it but we thought our family's security was worth trying to make this work.

However the rep provided inaccurate info and the system he has sold us is unusable/worthless to us. He sold us a motion sensor system. We have two (2) 100 pound dogs and three (3) cats. We can't arm the system when we leave unless we take all of our animals with us every time we leave our home. I advised Slomins within days of the installation that the system was worthless to us. We were then away for two weeks. Upon our return, I again began my attempts to get this resolved.

In addition and even more disturbing than the fiasco with the system, We were billed twice!!! And then Slomins had the audacity to us we may have to wait 10 days to get our money back that they collected twice almost a month ago. And this is only the money which we were overcharged. They have still not even addressed what we are going to do with this worthless system and the money we spent on that!

I am a business owner. If I operated my business the way Slomins has handled this, I'd be out of business. You can't tell me that there is no one at Slomins who has the authority to issue a refund now??? If Slomins has a conscience and/or an ounce of ethical morals they would owe up to THEIR mistake and refund us our money and take back the worthless equipment we had installed in our home. I will absorb the cost to repair the holes in the walls where all of their equipment was installed. Come on Slomins - Just be fair and honorable.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Dana, we appreciate your feed back and would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I've had my system a little over a week, the technician never tested it so it doesn't let us leave or come in without alarming. Anytime I call the customer service people are unfriendly and give the least amount of info possible. Not happy.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Kim, thanks for the feedback and review!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

As far as security, we’re not really out in a bad area. The way my house is set up, I can be home and nobody would know it, and I’ve lived like that for 30 years. But my husband works across the way and there was a disgruntled person over there. We have a lot of expensive stuff and I have a lot of guns, and we didn’t need him sneaking over here and getting in to anything, and this led us to put the alarm system in. I called a couple of alarm system providers, but their prices were astronomical and their reps were very pushy. So, I went online to find the security provider that was supposedly the best one out there at the moment. Slomin's Alarm Systems was further down from that company and I’ve not heard really great things about ADT in my area, but I decided to give Slomin's a try.

I went on the website and called Slomin's, and the girl I talked to was real nice, and I set up an appointment for the sales person to come in. But the only issue I had was that Slomin's advertised a certain amount on the website, but once the sales guy got there, the price was totally different. I hate it when companies do that and that made me a little leery in the very beginning. But he was such a nice salesman and he said that he was really sorry, and I decided to go with Slomin's anyway because he was so honest about the matter and everybody else was charging $1,800. After that, I was fine and I’m glad I went with them.

Slomin's put in our alarm system in February or March. The tech and installers that they sent out were great guys and did their job. It took them a couple of months to have the new cameras installed but it was worth the wait. The tech was a nice, polite guy who stayed till after 6:00 at night to put the cameras in so that he did not have to come back the next day since I'm quite far from them, and I couldn’t ask for anybody better.

It was very easy to learn and get used to the system. I’ve never had an alarm system before, so for people like me it’s so hard to get used to an alarm system so quickly, but that was not so for Slomin's alarm system. We’re still getting used, though, to using the cameras. After the installation, it was funny because a little blue cloud came across the phone. I rolled down my screen and a notification said that the camera had sensed something. I put the camera on and saw four kids in my swimming pool. They’re allowed to come over and the camera sensed them coming down the walkway and into the pool, and I was watching them while I was at work and that's pretty cool. The other night, I saw that the kids had left all the pool lights on so I went out and shut them off. Those new cameras are awesome.

The alarm also goes off when I forget to use the garage door when going inside the house and I go through the back door instead. When that happens, we run for the remote button that's like a little fob that sets and shuts the alarm, and it's fantastic, and I don't even use the keypad on the wall. I can even turn the alarm off from work on the phone. I've had a very good experience with Slomin's and I really enjoy their alarm system. Everything works well and is so wonderful.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Thanks for the review and feedback, John!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Love The way I can turn it on and off from my iPhone. My family feels safe at night when sleeping and so do I. We went to the Beach the other day out of town and had no worries about our Home. So many things go on in the news nowadays you would be wrong not to have a Alarm System in your home. Can't wait for my cameras to be installed. They are able to live viewing and cloud storage with motion detection and notifications. So excited to have and be able to check when packages are delivered. Slomins is the Best.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Michael, we appreciate your feed back and would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

The installer was great. But it was never communicated to me that it would be a 12 hour job. He had to stop because he needed a second person. But they suppose to be coming back, but I have to call and schedule. So I felt the process wasn't communicated to me.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Ria, we appreciate your feed back and would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

We have been with Slomins for less than 6 months and I have to say that Petro was right when they said that "they are sorry we are moving to company whose service is bad". First. We tried logging in on the online account. Every time we do so we always end up calling support because there is always an error. Once logged in I noticed that the account automatically logs you out when you click on the button "My Account". It does not make sense that after logging in - it logs you right out. Why even put the action button there after one is logged in? I find it Inconvenient and useless.

Second - Online Billing and invoice. The Online account summary is confusing - see screenshot. I do not even want to mention invoices. I called customer service - Nicole and inquired about this or asked her to explain it to me - My only question was "What is the current payment due and why does it show that?" She said she did not see it in her system - and insisted upon that answer. I told her that it was misleading and confusing then and asked her to look into it - she still said she cannot see it and even assured me I do not need to pay anything.

I asked for a supervisor because I am already annoyed, She put me on hold and it was still her on the phone. She then explained to me about the budget plan I signed up for - which I am well aware about and told me that I did not pay in June!!! Check the image... I paid in June!. All I needed from the get go is to answer why it shows as such on the statement - of course now I get what that current amount due was about - but only after she insisted (4 Time) she does not see it in her system.. Bad customer service - wasted an hour of my day. She even said that I do not even have to pay ---ugh... It would have been a lot better if she just looked into it first and simply just said, "You missed the July Budget plan payment and you need to pay for the August as well." THAT SIMPLE!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Walter, thanks for the review!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Having trouble getting used to alarm. Triggered alarm several times letting dog out or to get mail. Having the alarm will ease my worries when taking vacation. I will check with my homeowner's insurance. I was told you can get a discount, another plus. Thanks.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Tondylea, we are happy to hear that she was able to solve your problem!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

On August 3 2017, I called customer service 3 times. Each one I spoke to gave me a different way to solve the problem. Two of them were rude and difficult to talk to. I call customer care spoke to Michelle, she is wonderful. Help solve the problem in 3 minutes. She is great!!!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Nicoleta, thank you for the review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I had ADT before but Slomin’s provided a better rate so I switched and used Slomin's for 10 years in my old house. Now, I moved in a different city, in a condo in a gated community with a 24-hour security guy, and I still have them. I still wanted them because I trust them so much. The installation was awesome and the guy was very helpful. I have the digital lock at my door so he showed me how to do it. Also, I am really happy that I can put the alarm on and off with my phone, which is an awesome option. Slomin's is great and I'm really happy with them.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Thomas, we appreciate your feed back and would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I contact Slomins home security for service on August 6, 2017 and met with the salesman about their services. In the end I signed a 5 year agreement not a 3 year agreement as quoted. There was a install date of Aug 9 2017 set for after 2pm. I took a 1/2 off work so someone was home for their tech. At 430pm I called my salesman to get a response of, "You didnt meet the credit qualifications so there isn't any install". I was like what... I called their so called customer service only to get hung up on once by a lady, I was prevented to speak to a supervisor by some man on my second call and on my third call I finally got a lady named... to help get through to Brendand a supervisor who could only apologize and said he'd refund my 96.00 ASAP which translates to 3 to 5 days.

Why didnt I get a phone call when they knew I had been declined since they knew on Monday if not before. So in the end I lost 500.00 = 1/2 of work and extra fuel to meet their rep plus the $96.00 which I gave them at the 1st meeting... Please stay away from this company... Maybe this will help someone or me somehow... Just discovered they didnt put a order number on this receipt I have.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Peggy, we appreciate your feed back and would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I have tried reaching Slomins by phone and by letter and have gotten no response regarding my senior mother's security account. Over a year ago she attempted to upgrade her system and the service people that came out to the home were unable to activate the desired services, specifically video cameras. Over the course of the next six months or more of trying to work with Slomins, they advised her to purchase a new modem, to purchase other equipment in order to have the system work properly, and eventually, they just failed to respond to her. When she didn't try to deal with Slomins customer service, she got nowhere.

About three months ago, after alerting Slomins that she was going to discontinue their services, they began threatening her with the fact that she was in a contract. She explain to them that her contract was based on installation of working equipment, which they failed to do. The representatives speak came irate with her telling her only that she would be charge for the remainder of her contract. As a senior she and her senior partner need an active working security system and were not provided with one through Slomins to the extent that they requested and attempted to upgrade to. They disabled their system and asked Slomins to come pick up the equipment, which they never did. However, they have continued to receive billing not only with charges for the remaining period of the contract at $1300, but with new charges, suggesting that Slomins believes they are still monitoring their home.

I am concerned about what Slomins is doing, and I'm concerned that we have not been able to resolve this issue in a period of at least four months since the original letter was sent and over here in a half since the original request to upgrade their products in the home, which was never successfully completed. I would appreciate contact back so this matter can be closed. Thank you.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Katrina, thanks for the in-depth review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I have Slomins Alarm Systems since May. Their price was more reasonable than everybody else out there so I went with them. Installing the security device was great. The technician explained everything to me. I like the screen where it tells me that the door is open or closed. It’s touchscreen and it also tells the weather. But I thought I was going to get the door panel which comes with the little numbers and can be unlocked with my phone on the door knob. They told me I didn’t get that because I had the camera and I got confused with that. Also, I was having technical issues with my security system and it frustrated me.

Some of the people from Slomins didn’t listen and try to understand the customer. They didn’t have a timeframe and just have an open appointment for that day for somebody to come. Like when somebody has to come out to fix something, it would be from 8:00 all the way to 5:00. I wouldn’t know when they’re going to come. Since I work, I usually have to get a day off so I could be there when the person comes. Also on weekends, there’s nobody who can come out. So, if I have an issue with my security system and they’d say, “Well, Monday we’ll come,” then I'm left with my arms tied wrapped around because I’m going to have to call off from work so somebody could be at my house and they could come by.

In other companies, you could tell them, “You know what? I work till 6:00.” And they’d tell you, “Okay. We could have somebody come in between 6:00 and 8:00.” But with Slomins, it’s not that way. And I should have looked more into that. I wouldn’t recommend Slomins to my friends because all of them work and they have the same issue as mine. They wouldn’t be able to be at home if somebody has to come by for the security system. And if they’re having technical issues, that’s going to bother them.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Harry and Lisa, thanks for the review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

There was a major snowstorm coming the evening he came, and this did not affect the great job or customer service we received! He was here promptly and installed our alarm system quickly and efficiently. He answered any questions and provided us with all the necessary information we needed. He did a great job!

Slomins Alarm Systems

John, we are glad Josh came out and helped resolved any issues you had. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I was told by your salesman, I didn't need glass break or window alarms and that cats would not set off new motion detectors. On installation day, Josh the installer came out and told everything the salesman said was wrong. He worked with me and got the problem resolved. Josh was very very helpful and made sure we had what we needed. He is a very dedicated young man and should be commended.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joseph, we are glad Slomin's can give you the comfort needed in home security!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

We had a dog for many years affecting how we used the security system. In some ways, the dog not only replaced what the security system was made to do, but the nature of animals are that when left to themselves, they will find ways to trigger the system. We used our security system, but not very effectively. With the dog gone, I felt it was time to re-adjust so that we could effectively use the monitor security system in light of our present situation. I suspected that the industry had changed a lot since my last update. This turned out to be a huge understatement. The industry is completely different! The agent went over my options, the technician updated the system and patiently went over its effective use (including reminding me about long-standing features I had forgotten). It was obvious that the technician anticipated my needs, setting up the system the way I wanted even before I told him. I have been using my security system effectively ever since.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Brouycie, thank you very much for your review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

This company has very knowledge techs. Chavon, explain to me and my husband how to work this new alarm system, camera also rich. Came over the next day and explain to us why our camera wasn't showing through our phone. He fixed that, Slomins shield has a Great team. We are very happy with this company.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Felix, we appreciate your feed back and would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Tech came to install my alarm. Was cool but could not finish job. Did not have ladder tall enough to get to second floor. So could not put in video. Then called about some things that was to come with system. The person on the phone very nasty not helpful at all. Don't go with them. They suck. Never going to be right and I have to pay them to be nasty. We will see. Don't use them...

Slomins Alarm Systems

Charles, thanks for the review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Very happy with my upgraded system and the monthly monitoring fee. My old alarm company couldn't even compete with Slomins rates AND I got camera and options on my iPhone which the other company couldn't offer nor compete with... Would definitely recommend.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Genevieve, thanks for the review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Customer service and the technicians working on the installation were extremely courteous and informative. The upgraded security pad is easy to use, and has all the information a customer needs. We love the capability of using our cell phones to turn on/off our security system, as well as the ability to use the key fob.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Sherry, thanks for the feedback and time for the nice review!

Original review: July 26, 2017

Slomin's sales agent Joe was very professional, courteous, and patient. He even followed up to ensure that I was please with the install. The Installer was efficient, professional, and patient. I am very pleased with the system, and of not being too tech savvy, I am easily able to navigate this system.

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Profile