Call toll free
4.37/5
Based on 169 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures piece of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

588 Slomins Alarm Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

Wanted to have my alarm upgraded so I can monitor from my iPhone. Signed up for the new display units but tech was nice enough to let me know that my current system was better and I only needed to add a cellular module. Great advice from the tech! I wish I didn’t have to sign up for another 5 year contract since I really just added a module to my existing alarm system.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was very satisfied Slomins Shield. They communicated well and arrived on time and the security system was hooked up in no time. The technician was friendly and very knowledgeable about the system and where to place the sensors. After using it for a week it's still very easy to operate. I would recommend Slomins Alarm System to anyone.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Julie, we appreciate your feedback!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Installers were very professional and completed the job on a timely basis. Also everything was left very tidy. The installers were very knowledgeable and was able to install cameras with very little issues. Cameras are easy to use and extremely clear reception.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Cathy we are happy to hear that and we appreciate your positive feedback.

Original review: June 18, 2018

We are very pleased with the upgrade of our 10 year old system. The new technology allows for easier access to our alarm system via MySlomins App. This gives us more options both when we are home or away. We highly recommend Slomins to our friends and families.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Alcide thanks for reviewing us!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Excellent customer service!! Amadeus, the sales rep was fantastic. He explained everything concisely and in detailed and he answer all of my questions. The guy who installed it was courteous, knowledgeable and efficient!! He also explained all the features to me! I am very happy!!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Geradine thanks for the review!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: June 13, 2018

Wonderful - we are delighted with the new service! We had Altronics for 23 years - and they didn't care that we moved on! The Slomin Shield installation group was great - professional and actually cared about us as customers! Reasonable price for a great service!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Bernie, it makes us happy to hear that. Thank you for reviewing us!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Mike and Bobby were great!! They came installed explained everything clearly showed me how everything worked. I’m extremely happy with my alarm system. I would recommend them to everyone. I know the system works as my husband set off the alarm one morning after I left and don’t answer the phone so I got the call.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for reviewing us!

Original review: June 12, 2018

There was a mix up with our order when the installer came to the house. He didn't mention the doorbell cameras were back ordered and had the wrong type of sensor for our shed. He was very respectful of our property and finished his installation quickly. However when I called customer service with a problem the lady I was first connected to was unhelpful, rude and a bit arrogant. I became very frustrated and hung up. When I called back the gentleman I was connected to was very helpful and understanding. Kind of hit or miss.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I've had a Slomin's security system for the last 20 years. We sold our hold house and just purchased another so we put Slomin's in there also. I liked how I'm familiar with them and how they work. My husband said that we should just stick to what we had when I looked into other companies. This time around, the Slomin's salesman who came out was very personable and knowledgeable. The system that we have in our house that we sold is totally different than the system that they installed in our new house. He knew all about the upgraded new system and explained it. Installation of our new system took about an hour but their guy was quick. Overall, the system is great and it's not expensive at all. Slomin's is a reliable company and they're on top of things.

Thank you Nichole!

Original review: June 11, 2018

I’ve had ADT for almost 30 years in three houses. I was just not happy with their service and I got rid of them for Slomins Alarm Systems. A salesperson came in, sat down, told us everything, and worked out a good deal. It was also much cheaper than what ADT offered and we were an existing customer. The service of Slomins was excellent so far. The installation was quick, clean, and the installer showed me everything. He was very good. I’m very happy with Slomins. I would recommend them for their service, price, and installation.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Gordon, thanks for the review and for taking the time to give us a positive feedback.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I live by myself so I bought a home security system. I had Slomin’s for years before but I discontinued for about a year when I had to move. When I got another place, I got Slomin's again. I've had them again for about a month now and a little expensive than it was before. However, my recent experience hasn't been good. The backdoor is locked but the security system kept saying that the backdoor is open and it showed, "System not ready."

Slomin's sent a technician to deal with it. He had to replace the little piece on the door. He said that maybe that one was bad. Now, the new one is doing a little better, but now and again, it still does the same thing. Some days, it’s okay and then on the next day, it isn’t so I plan to call them about this problem again once I come back from my vacation. Other than that, Slomin's customer service is good and I would still recommend them. Other people could try it and maybe they might not have the same issue that I’m having as I’ve never had this issue before.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Jacqueline, thank you for the review! we will be in touch with you in regards the issue with the sensor.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The representative we dealt with at Slomin's was excellent and the technicians were very good. They were respectful, honest and knowledgeable. They helped me through it all and they told me how to do the things. We had a security system before with ADT but Slomin's pricing is way better and I needed a security system for our business at our home. The features are also nicer and the little keypad is beautiful. But I need another keypad ‘cause my house is pretty big and when the doors open, I cannot hear it in my room. That spooks me.

The smartphone features are cool but it doesn’t let me see the times that the doors are opened and closed. If I wanted to see when an employee comes in, it doesn’t tell me like ADT. That aside, the system works good and I like it. It's self-explanatory and the overall performance is perfect. It's reasonable and really reliable. The other day, I was in my kitchen and it said the garage door opened. I was there by myself and I got so scared. It turned out that I had left the door a little open and when the air conditioner came on, it may have blown it. But I liked the way it spoke and alerted me.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Priscilla we are very happy to hear your feedback. Thanks for the positive review!

Original review: June 5, 2018

We’ve been with Slomins Alarm Systems since day 1 and they treated us well. Their sales rep, Drew, came as opposed to a couple of other people. Their guy seemed to be much more thorough. He went through the house and asked a lot more questions and not just say, “Okay, this is nice. You get an alarm system. Bye”. He must’ve been here at least two or three hours. He went over things and he said, “Well there’s options we got. But in your case, maybe we should do this or do that”. And he came up with some ideas we didn’t think of.

The installer did a great job. It took him about three days. My house is 140 years old and he had to really do some shenanigans. The house isn’t built like modern houses are, and when he got through, you would’ve swore they built a house with this alarm system in it. The guy did a fantastic job and you wouldn’t have known he was here.

The system has some very good features and they turn around every five years. Also, you’re entitled to a free upgrade in your system. You have to agree to stay with them another five years, but we don’t plan on going to anybody else anyway. We’ve had about six upgrades ‘cause there was one time we had a problem and the guy came in, “You know what? Let me just upgrade your system while I’m here. I’ll call into the office.” He called in and they said, “Yeah, go ahead. Just upgrade it.” Also, Slomin's uses good-quality stuff. A friend of mine works for Honeywell and he’s in the security division. He’s an engineer and he prototypes alarm systems, and he even said, “This is all good stuff they got here”.

You've got a problem, you pull them up on the phone. They get somebody here within a day or so and they don't give you any problems. They try to help you on the phone. “Could you try this?” because sometimes they can clear the problem on the phone with you, which is great. And when they can’t, it’s like “Okay, we’ll have the guy out there”. And if he has to come at night, he comes at night if you’re not home or whatever during the day. We’ve recommended Slomins numerous times.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

William thanks for taking the time for writing this review!

Original review: June 2, 2018

I wanted to upgrade my alarm system and I trust Steve, the salesman. In fact, I would refer others to him. My interactions with Slomin's people were all good too, and Walter, the installer, was terrific. Slomin's and my old system are like night and day. Aside from having older technology, my other system had very bad service as well and I feel better now that I have the Slomin's alarm system.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Lisa thank you for reviewing us!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I had ADT beforehand and I did not like their service. I found Slomin's and they're great. I'm very happy with them. The sales reps' knowledge of their product was very high. The last guy who came to my house to install the new unit was very nice and helpful. The guy told me that the camera was good and everything, and then one of my friends told me that they had Slomin's and they told me not to do it. So the guy was trying to sell me the camera, but I just wasn’t in for it.

The equipment is amazing and I love it. However, I was a little pissed because I had ADT and they took over ADT’s old equipment. They did a cheap job when I first got the system. I called up and I was like, “Look, I’ve been with you guys for so long. I’m paying all this money every month for an alarm system that technically, you just slapped Slomin's Shield’s name on it. That technically is ADT’s system. You guys didn’t change anything.” And they were like “Oh, sir we’re so sorry. How can we accommodate you?” And I was like, “I wanna cancel." And they were like, “Sir, how would you feel if we brought in a new system for you free of charge?” I was like, “That sounds great. You guys gotta work with me here. I’m not trying to get anything for free. I don’t want nothing for free. I pay for what I pay for. I just wanna get what I pay for, that’s all.” They came right in and they did what they had to do. Once in a while, you just have to raise your voice a little bit.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

John thanks for the review!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I looked around for home security companies and the other people that I called couldn’t provide what Slomin’s did. I used ADT in Texas and Slomin's is 100% better. I talked to them over the phone and they were professional. Slomin's cared about what I wanted and what I needed the home security system for, and they provided the services that I wanted. The only bad thing was that the guy who came to the house thought we could put a camera in front of our garage and it would cover everything. But when the installer came to put it in, he said it wouldn't work. The actual camera that they installed does not look very well through the screen. But that aside, the cameras still do what they need to do. The installation went very well and the guy was very nice. I was thankful that he knew what he was doing.

The smartphone features are a little difficult to navigate though. At one point, my husband wasn't getting the notifications anymore. It used to vibrate and tell him that there was somebody at the door or there was movement so he can look at his phone. But it stopped doing that all of a sudden so I had to go on his phone and figure it out. He could’ve gotten an update and he needed to redo something. But we got it working again. That is what he wanted the system for. He leaves early in the morning and leaves me home alone so he’s happier with Slomin's. The system is a good fit and we love it. And as long as the price stays the way it is, I think it’s great. I recommended Slomin's to my mom and dad. They are not satisfied with ADT but unfortunately, they’re in Michigan and Slomin’s isn’t there.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Jennifer, we appreciate your positive feedback!

Original review: May 28, 2018

I have Slomin's Alarm Systems for over 20 years now and everything has been fine. Having them always gave me more security and when I called out their tech, they resolved my issues quickly. Recently, I upgraded to wireless and so far, the new equipment is good.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Donna we appreciate the review!

Original review: May 26, 2018

We’ve been a customer of Slomin's at our New York residence for about 15 years. We started out as an oil client of theirs. We purchased in-home heating oil, and then when they started their alarm division, we implemented doing a package deal with oil and alarm for our New York address. Since then, we’ve had nothing but great service from them so what we did was we continued to utilize their alarm services for our businesses in New York when we had them, and again in West Palm Beach, Florida. And then more recently with the purchase of our new home in West Palm Beach, Florida, we once again acquired their home security service for that.

The guys come in and they’re very attentive to what our needs are. And from that conversation to the installers when they come, they’re very well-educated in what we not want and need. We weren’t even at our home in West Palm Beach but everything was done to detail as far as what we requested. The West Palm house was a pretty big property. It was 8600 square feet. It took them four days to do the install because they had to get a little creative. The home had a pre-existing alarm system so they took over that alarm system but then they had to implement some close circuit cameras into the home so they had to run those wires and do them in a way that they were not noticeable to the naked eye without damaging the walls. There were four installers on the property, they definitely took their time and they did a tremendous job.

Right now, the home has alarm and the cameras with motion detectors and they work great. We’ve been getting a lot of thunderstorms down in the West Palm Beach market and those motion detectors are extremely sensitive so whenever there’s lightning, it sends an alert notification to me saying that there’s motion but it’s really just the lightning. You just log on to the app then tap one button and it disables the motion detector and then you just go back on and enable it again when you're ready.

The equipment has gone a lot better over the years. We have a camera system in our New York home and it’s a little more antiquated compared to this system in the West Palm Beach property. The cameras are high definition and they’re easy to enlarge and manage. Whereas the New York, you pretty much just get what you get just because the system is a little more antiquated.

We currently have the New York house up for sale so there are real-estate folks going in and out showing the home. And the great thing is we’re obviously not home when the folks are roaming through the home and checking it out. But with the security system, we’re able to monitor them and the activity. Also, whenever we had an issue with either an alarm or our home heating service in New York, we made a phone call and they were always there within an hour or two hours at the latest, depending on the weather, and they were able to fix any issues we had. And then there was one time we had a question about billing and it was resolved immediately. There was no passing of the buck around. They're really easy to work with.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Victor we are very happy to hear about your experience and we thank you for taking the time to write such a great review!

Original review: May 25, 2018

I've been with Slomins Alarm System for 20 years. I just upgraded to have the latest and greatest technology. They have excellent sales presence. I run a tech company sales team and I work from home and sell a million dollar technology and I thought the guy from Slomins did a great job. They are a seasoned pro. They have been around for a long time and did a great job. The technicians were timely, caring and took the time to explain. It couldn’t have gone better. I'm also comfortable with my pricing model. I would highly recommend them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Guy, thank you for the positive review!

Original review: May 24, 2018

We just bought a new house and we wanna be protected. We’re in a pretty safe area, but most of the people out here have alarms. I was getting bombarded by ADT with flyers and emails and all kinds of stuff. And I talked to some neighbors up here that have ADT and they said, “They’ll help you and assist you, and the price was this. And then when you come there, they sell you all this stuff." So I said, “You know what, I’m gonna do my own research”. And I knew the name Slomin's from commercials from years ago.

And then one day, a guy came trying to sell me oil from Slomin's. And I said, “Don’t you do alarms?” So then, I called them and they came. They told me upfront what all the costs were gonna be. The guy who came here knew has family in the neighborhood and was a very nice man. He knew exactly what he was doing. He came around 4:00 o’clock and he was done by 5:30. He talked to me about the process and how the company was developing. He sent me everything I needed to know by email right away. Tutorials, instructions for the app, etcetera, and it was done.

And then even then, for some reason my debit card didn't work. They said, “Oh, we could take electronic checks”. I waited for the money to come out but it didn't. Finally, I just got a bill from them. I was like, “Wow, they did all that? They didn't even have my money”. They said I was good for it. But I was waiting and everything for them to take the money out of my account and I was like, “No they didn’t” and then I finally called them and they said “You got a bill in the mail”. And that day the bill came.

Their reviews were very good. And not just here, in other places that I’ve actually been, the ADT people were hit or miss. I have a neighbor across the street whose house is half the size of mine, and she paid $700. It was ridiculous. I was like, “Who does that? Who tries to rip you off like that?” And I didn’t get any of that. Nobody came and tried to sell me anything.

The installer was very professional. He told me exactly what he was going to do. Also, he was very polite. I offered him a drink, water juice, anything. He took water. He was very knowledgeable and he told me about the development, how it’s going to this and that, and that you could use your app. He didn’t make a mess and unnecessary holes.

I feel very safe here. My family leaves at 7:00 o’clock in the morning to go to school and I work. I’m home by myself with the dog and she’s really small. And I feel like if they set in when they’re the last one to leave, at least I can sleep and I don't have to worry about if I’m being disrupted or if somebody’s coming to the door. People should know that there are other options besides ADT. Slomin's should advertise more because their services is much better than what ADT proposed that they offer. Do the research and consider Slomin's. It was one of the easiest things that we did in our move. For peace of mind, it was a breeze.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Stephanie we are happy to hear about your experience. Thanks for an awesome review!

Original review: May 23, 2018

Great service, installation was dos done very professional, within time frame and very reliable technicians. I will recommend the company the family and friends. Process were explained by technicians before installation started. Very satisfied with product I purchase. Hope it continue to work the same way.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Cristino, we are happy to hear from you and thank you for the feedback!

Original review: May 23, 2018

Have a problem with one of my sensors. I was asked to change the battery. I did and this didn't work. they tell me they can send a service guy in two weeks. I have to wait two weeks to get this fixed? What is the purpose of having a security system if I can't get this corrected in a timely fashion? I called several times to see if they have something sooner and was told that they can add me to a cancellation list and get back to me. Then I can be placed on a date next week but can't tell me a timeframe. They also do not provide service on weekends. If it wasn't that I signed their "5 YEAR CONTRACT" I would have canceled it and went with another company. I haven't even been with them a full year with them yet so I'm stuck. Do me a favor and go with another company that won't keep you under a contract and do not make you wait such a long time to fix your system! Ridiculous.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

German we are very sorry to hear about this issue. We will contact you shortly to try to move the appointment for you.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Sales Associate was upfront and honest, and worked with our family's individual security needs to set up the best system for our home. Affordable plan with no ridiculous installation or equipment fees, plus referral bonuses! Had a minor equipment issue the day after installation but Slomin’s sent out a repair technician within 24 hours and problem was solved! We are happy with our Slomin’s Shield!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Shyla thank you for the review and we are happy to have you as a customer!

Insufficient response received
Original review: May 22, 2018

I was told they could not use my ATT digital life system. I got a whole new system. I was promised professional installation. Not only is the camera a smaller view than ATT, they said I wouldn't see wires, I had 3" of wire and now I have 20 feet! The windows, they neglected to say they would be important had to add them on later at more expense. They did a horrible install they put the magnet right on the glass!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Mariann, we are sorry to hear about this issue. We will contact you shortly to resolve.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Had my alarm system upgraded and it worked out great and the tech did an amazing job. Well done. Would highly recommend Slomins to anyone who is looking for an alarm. The new system that allows you to arm and disarm from your phone is amazing.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Parmanand, thank you for your feedback!

Original review: May 18, 2018

Slomin's Alarm Systems is amazing and ten times better than ADT, price-wise. They are all around better. I previously had ADT and got false alarm after false alarm. In addition, Slomin's customer service is great. Their reaction time is amazing. Our salesman, Faviano, was sure on everything and told us everything we needed to know. And as far as the tech goes, he was amazing too. Other than that, they charge way less than I thought you they would charge and when it comes to alerting us for any potential emergency issues, which happened only one time, when my wife accidentally opened the door early. Overall, I love Slomin's. As a matter of fact, we are getting the windows installed in my house and we're gonna have them come back and put the window alarms on.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Brandon thanks for your great review!

Original review: May 11, 2018

I am an existing customer for Slomin's Alarm and I've re-opted for another five years. The sales rep was great and he was the same guy from five years ago. He came in and explained everything to us, and he was nice. He brought the system up and then the installer came when he said he was gonna come. He did the work, he explained to me what he was doing, and he put in the takeover switch. He kept us informed, showed us how to use the system, and cleaned up. He was phenomenal. Now, I have the control panels and I gotta get used to pushing a few more. In the other place, you just push one button when you leave or one button when you go to sleep at night. The world is turning into button pushers. Other than that, the quality of the Slomin's security equipment itself is good so far. Also, the cost was great. I would recommend Slomin's Alarm Systems to everybody.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Angelo thanks for the great review!

Original review: May 5, 2018

Very pleased. Everything was handled quick and with professionalism. We got the ‘system update’ with a new panel in less than 3 days, after we contacted customer service. We would highly recommend SLOMINS to our friends. The rate was lowered and it really makes a difference. Thanks for the professionalism and courteous service.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Saul & Maria, we are happy to hear everything went through great. Thanks for the review!

Original review: May 4, 2018

The technician that came to update my system was excellent. He knew exactly what to do and look for and was very quick to take care of everything. I have been using Slomins for over 13 years and would recommend to anyone that wants peace of mind in knowing their home is protected.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Nancy thank you for the positive feedback!

Original review: May 4, 2018

We have had a home security system running for quite some time from Slomin's, and we upgraded to wireless. The representatives were very good. I emailed them and then they got right back to me. I sent them an email saying, "Can I get this free upgrade?", and they said, "Sure." The installers did great, too. They came a week ahead of schedule and I said, "Oh sure." It took them about an hour and the transition went very smoothly. Also, I needed a new sign because every time I have winter here, it destroys it. They just give me a new one right away. Slomin's is reliable. The cost is also very good in relation to the quality. We use the smartphone features even before, and our sense of security has been much better than when we did not have the security system. I definitely recommend them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hugh we are happy to hear about your positive experience and we thank you for your feedback.

Slomins Alarm Systems expert review by Erin Raub

Slomins is a family-owned home security business. It has been in business since 1923 and offering home security since 1981. The company also offers heating and cooling services.

• Complimentary home review: Users get the benefit of learning what the security weaknesses are in their home prior to signing up for an alarm system, for no additional cost.

• Remote access: Users can access their alarm system and monitor their home from any Internet-enabled mobile device, such as a phone or tablet, regardless of the platform their mobile device uses.

• Central monitoring system: Slomin alarms are connected to a central monitoring system; if the alarm goes off and the user can't be reached, the company dispatches emergency services to the home.

• Protection against false alarms: Users can set up a password they can give dispatchers to cancel an alarm once it goes off.

• Customization available: Users can choose the features that make the most sense for their home, including remote access, home automation or live streaming of what's going on in their houses.

• Best for: Homeowners, renters and tech-savvy consumers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information