4.2/5 (627 ratings)

About Slomins Alarm Systems

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures peace of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Pros

• Home automation features
    • 24/7 monitoring
    • Affordable pricing

Cons

• Long contracts

Bottom Line

Slomins Alarm Systems offer an affordable base plan with excellent home automation features. The contracts are long, but the complimentary initial equipment makes up for it.

Top Slomins Alarm Systems Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

With the system, our sense of security is perfect. Its features are very good and easy to use which my wife loves. She was scared it was gonna be too difficult to understand. The ...

Verified

Closed on my house in the afternoon and the first thing the next morning they were able to install my alarm. My salesman was professional, knowledgeable and punctual. The installe...

How does Slomins Alarm Systems work?

Slomins Alarm Systems professionally monitor your system for trouble, 24/7. Slomins home security provides professional installation services and estimates installation will take 4 to 6 hours. Included is the mySlomin’s app, which lets you remotely monitor your system.

Although there are fees associated with breaking Slomins' unusually long 60-month contract, the low monthly cost may alleviate this issue.

Slomins Alarm Systems cost

Beginning at just $29.95 a month and providing well over $1000 worth of starter equipment, Slomins is one of the most affordable home security companies around. Because the Slomins website does not have a specific breakdown on the supplementary cost of additional equipment and services, it's best to contact them directly for more information and a detailed quote.

Slomins Alarm Systems equipment

Slomins has several home automation tools, including controls for lighting, thermostats and door locks. The basic system comes with an LCD control panel, a motion detector, window decals and yard signs. It also arms up to entryways using door contacts. Video cameras and the Slomins touch screen keypad are optional and an extra cost. Other items you can ask about include water, fire, carbon monoxide and temperature detectors.

slomins alarm systems LCD control panel
    LCD control panel
    slomins alarm systems motion detector
    Motion detector
    slomins alarm systems door contacts
    Door contacts
    slomins alarm systems video camera
    Video camera
    slomins alarm systems decals and yard sign
    Decals and yard signs
    slomins alarm system keychain remote
    Keychain remote

Slomins Alarm Systems FAQ

Is Slomins available where I live?
    Slomins is located in:
    • South Carolina
    • Virginia
    • Washington, D.C.
    • West Virginia
    Is the Slomins security system professionally monitored?
    Yes. If the alarm goes off and you are not around, emergency responders will be dispatched to take care of the issue.
    Can I control the Slomins security system through my phone?
    Absolutely. You can access the alarm system through a phone or tablet to view the status or make certain commands. There is also a downloadable Slomins app.
    How to cancel Slomins security?
    You will need to call Slomins directly for their cancellation policies.

Do we recommend Slomins Alarm Systems?

We recommend Slomins Alarms Systems for their affordable base package, complimentary initial equipment and smart home automation functionality. Several Slomins reviews mention the contract is too long for their liking, but if Slomins fits your needs and you don’t plan on moving houses soon, a long-term contract could be a good fit for you.

Slomins Alarm Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Stay far away! I had Slomins for 7 years in my home in PA. We moved to SC because of job relocation and attempted to discontinue service because there is NO Slomins in SC. We signed up with another company who divides the equipment which is financed $700 and a separate payment for service. Works great! When I discontinued my contract with Slomins after 7 years at $50 a month they said I needed to send them $950.00 which I refused to pay and not one person with Showman's could explain to me what it was for other than you, signed a contract. I have had two letters since that time (6months) and it went from $950 to $2400 and today Aug 5th 2021 $3700 which is now laughable. Stay far away unless you want to be locked into a contract for life.... It's now cheaper to get an attorney which I have done.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I have been a Slomins customer for 7 years and two years ago while moving to my new home I requested a transfer of the service to the new home. The account manager clearly told me that this was not a new contract and seeing we were in the rush with move to a new home, signed us up into a new contract - this after having had an account with Slomins for 5 years at that time. Now when I want to cancel as I am relocating, the company is trying to sneak in a massive early termination fee. Stay away from them as much possible, there could not be a more dishonest experience for a customer that has stayed with the company for so long.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I had Slomins Shields many years ago and was very happy with them. I called them a few weeks ago and they came to my house and were very pleasant but living in an area where we don’t get police protection because it is so safe and I have lived here for 46 years.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

We have been with Slomin's for many years. It's an outdated system and if you want an upgrade, you have to pay for everything. Although they are helpful over the phone for issues, they charge now to come to your home unless it's an issue that is on their end. Also, their service is very slow. They will give you a window of time when the technician will come but inevitably, it's after the latest possible time, resulting in my waiting all day for a service call. All this was not true in the past. I'm not sure how reasonable they are compared with others and when I have time, I will research it. Basically, I have a system that is years behind the times but I don't know yet how much it would cost to move over to someone new.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I have been a customer with this company for the last 4 years. I have also expressed multiple times over the years my dissatisfaction with their service and additional hidden fees when you need a repair on their outdated equipment. Do yourself a favor and move with the times. Get a more reliable security system with better technology and cheaper annual monitoring fees. I'd rather pay the "termination" fee today than have Slomins' unreliable protection moving forward. Their app stinks, customer portal stinks, customer service stinks, equipment stinks. The only positive thing I experienced during my time as one of their customers was the pleasant salesmen who conned me into a 5-year contract. Ring, SimpliSafe, Nest. These companies understand the industry and are far more superior when it comes to tech. Do your research before getting stuck in a bogus long-term contract with companies like Slomins.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I had efficient service and overall experience with sales and installation was good. I would recommend to a friend. The sales listened and helped us to find relatively complete and satisfied solution. And installation was quick and gave us thoroughly training.

Original review: April 30, 2020

We bought the house about 10 years ago, and we had ADT. I wanted to get another alternative because ADT was getting too expensive and Slomins offered the best alternative in terms of the same type of coverage at a lower price. Their customer service on the phone is very good. In terms of response for alarms, they call right away and check on you. They make sure everything’s okay and they also make sure you give the password.

In terms of the sales, they're not pushy at all, even with the most recent situation where we got an upgrade. I was worried because they thought they were coming to upgrade and they were gonna try to charge me a whole lot of money. But I was able to get a brand-new system for no additional cost. I got all of the new things for our cellphones. We can cut the system on and off from our cellphones. So, I'm very happy with them. They're very professional and they exceed my expectations. I’ve already recommended them to neighbors, family and friends. I tell them that Slomins is very reasonable, and they’d be very happy with the service. The system is trouble-free. We don't have false alarms when we go away.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I got a home security system for the protection of the two of us in the house, to make sure that our safety is there. We wanted to have something reliable. The people at Slomins were very friendly. We were able to read their lips and there was no communication problems. The installation was awesome too. The techs were wonderful and they did a great job. They were very patient until they were done that day and they had no problem explaining to me the instructions -- how to set it up, how to change the clock, and all of the user guide things. The system is excellent. It’s good quality, and their smartphone features are awesome.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Mark Trugman, we are very happy to hear about your great experience and we thank you for sharing that with us!

Original review: April 11, 2020

We moved into our house about a year ago and ADT was already there, which was fine, but they didn’t upgrade anything. We were new customers and were difficult to work with. I called a few companies and Joe from Slomins came over. He was great. The installer was here for two hours. He was super nice and set up everything pretty quickly. The security is a lot better than what we had for sure. It was nice that they explained everything to us and gave us what we wanted, not just what they had to offer.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Irene Koronios, we are very happy to hear about your experience and we thank you for trusting Slomins for your security needs!

Original review: March 27, 2020

The only complaint I had was there was a very big mix-up with the billing, but Slomins straightened it out. However, it took two months to get it straight. The first month, they agreed there was a mistake made and they said they would correct it, and then I got a bill in the mail the next month that nothing was taken. It was $200 more than it should have been and then they adjusted it for the next month. That was the only problem. The system itself is fine. It's easy to work the keypad. I got more than I had from my last alarm that was set up. I'm very happy with Slomins.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Joel Epstein, thank you for reviewing us. We are sorry to hear about the delay in getting that issue resolved and we are happy that it was resolved to your satisfaction!

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Home Security partner.

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information