Call toll free
4.55/5
Based on 145 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures piece of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

605 Slomins Alarm Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We had a security system in our other house about seven years ago. When we purchased this house, it already had Slomin's in it so we just activated and updated it. Our interaction with their sales team was fabulous. They sent over a representative and he gave us knowledge of the system. He was top notch and he knew what his stuff is. He told me exactly what I should do 'cause I was overboard on some of the security. We also added some extra security which was not done by the prior owners of this house so that came up really good. We have everything secured from the garage to downstairs to upstairs.

The features and the security equipment itself is awesome 'cause they went right into work the first month we had it. I just had a fire in my house so in between trying to get my kids and the dogs out, the fire alarm rang. They were probably trying to call me, but I was too busy trying to get stuff situated. They called the fire department, and the fire department came to my house to help out tremendously. The system is number one in my book for now. I also use its smartphone feature all the time. We get a chance to just look and arm the alarm on if we forgot it. Slomin's is a known brand and its cost in relation to its quality is a very good deal. I'll trade it in for nothing. It's definitely a high tech security. We love them on the house and we're happy with it. If someone asks me about Slomin's, I would tell them they better get it quick.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

New system installed by technician. The technician was extremely knowledgeable, and helpful. He arrived during the allotted time slot and stay for a long time to make sure that everything was installed properly. I would highly recommend Slomins to a friend!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Christian, thank you for your great review!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We moved to a new home and I called the Slomin’s representative to whom I was referred to through my nephew. He came and gave me some good deal. I shopped around and they were okay in pricing. It was what we could get that was in the marketplace. They have good equipment, and the system is wireless, too. They offered a lot of stuff but as you get more, the prices go up like the smartphone feature which costs extra $5 a month. We just needed the basic alarm system and that was what we went with. That guy who did the installation was nice and knowledgeable, and everything was good. We like Slomin's and we would refer other people to them. They're a local company on Long Island so we're not calling other states and that’s another good thing.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I was with ADT and I wanted to switch over. And for years, my family had Slomins. The installation was excellent. An older man and a younger guy came and they were excellent. They answered all my questions and they constantly asked me. They were concerned if they did it right according to my standards. One thing that I like better about ADT was the keypad and I can turn the alarm on or off on the internet. But with Slomins, I like the setup and the price. Also, it’s cost-efficient. The payment is every three months instead of paying monthly. I like the features in my system and I like how the weather comes up on the screen. Also, I like where I can look and see how many times the alarm has been turned on or who turned it on.

I have the smart features of Slomins but it doesn’t work. It would constantly ask to refresh the panel or call the number. And every time I call, the people would tell me to refresh it or clear the PIN. I should have had an extra pad in my basement because I never go out in my front door. I come in and out through my driveway in my garage. I have to run through the house and it only gives me a certain amount of time to turn it off. The app needs to be tweaked to be better but it’s not reliable. I like having a keypad. It’s easier to just hit the keypad as opposed to having to go on my phone to turn it off before I go home, as well as going online.

For the most part, I like Slomins better and I love it. I get more with them than with ADT. I compare all the pros sometimes so I’m just gonna continue and stay with Slomins because I really like the features. All their representatives were wonderful and the customer service is good. They try to tell everything that they learned as far as the issues. So, they were telling me that a lot of people have a lot of problems depending on the cellular company. I have T-Mobile and a lot of their complaints come from a lot of T-Mobile carrier. They pointed that maybe it could be the connection with the carrier from T-Mobile as opposed to other people when it comes to WIFI and wireless. I was a little disappointed too because I no longer have wireless in my house so I wasn’t able to get the camera feature. I see the promotional on TV for the free smoke detector and I like that. I’ll maybe get the free smoke detector.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Bykeedah, thank you for your positive feedback!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I’ve had this alarm system installed less than a week ago and the app worked for 1 day. I called. The lady was rude and blamed it on Verizon. I looked up the reviews and this app has had this problem for a long time. This was the main reason I decided to go with Slomins. I would like to cancel. The rep advised me that I had 30 days to cancel with no cancellation fees.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Leanette, thank you for your feedback. We will contact you shortly for assistance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: July 31, 2018

Charlie is the perfect example of an excellent customer service employee and knowledge as well. It was a pleasure to have him work in our home. Based on his skills I would recommend your company to anyone, he made us feel comfortable and also he made sure we understood the system before he left.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Silvana, thank you for your positive feedback!

Original review: July 31, 2018

Gentleman who had installed the security box and system was extremely pleasant and effective. He took little time, explained all the necessary details and should continue to work for your company. This gentleman is an asset to your company. Really.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Susan, We are happy to hear about your positive feedback. Thank you!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: July 26, 2018

My alarm went off July 21st, a female representative went through the call list until she reached my elderly mother-in-law and told her according to my mother that our house was being burglarized and she was calling the police. I expected the rep to ask mom if everything was ok, give her a chance to get in contact with us before she went ahead and called the police. If no one was available I understand the police being called.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Nahama, Thank you for your feedback. We will contact you soon to discuss the matter.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Effective and efficient; uninterrupted; uncomplicated; customer-service driven; easily done; not too time consuming; economical; ease of use. Will provide a wanted level of security and safety; put up signs as a warning symbol and as a way to provide worthy advertisement for the company.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Kathy, thank you for a great review!

Original review: July 18, 2018

The install job was great; however I did not know about the key-chain remotes until after the fact. Also I believe I am supposed to register with the town but no one told me for sure. The sales supervisor said the install guy will go over but it was 100 degrees on 07/13/18 and he was there for half a day just rewiring and hooking up cameras. Who is supposed to tell me what to inform my homeowners insurance? Or Town permits? Also the video camera would be a nice option too. Only one device can be logged into the system at a time. Which both my husband and I have OCD so we want to check out our 1st home all the time.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: July 18, 2018

Technician was very rude... used very vulgar language, I had to walk out of the house and call our local sales rep to complain about the tech's professionalism. I never received a callback from a supervisor regarding the matter, even after I threatened to throw the tech out of my house! I only went through with the install at this point because he had already torn apart my wall. He initially blamed the builder of my brand new house on construction. Destroyed my wall, which had brand new paint, told me my wife said "we have to fix it anyway" which was a blatant lie. Also told me I shouldn't have done a wireless set up... that it was smarter to have originally wired the house for an alarm system, which is the exact opposite of what the original salesman recommended. Mind you, this is all on the first day that I actually moved into my brand new house! Alarm works fine which is why I gave a 2 star rating...but I will never recommend Slomin's to anyone based on how poorly the initial install went.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Simon, we are sorry to hear about this issue. We will be in touch with you shortly. Thank you!

Original review: July 18, 2018

Been with them a while now. Always good service and response times when my alarm goes off. Much needed security in these times helps protects my family as well as our home. I have also recommended them to family and friends, most of the ones I told are Slomins customers. Oh yeah! My next door neighbor is one of the people I told and she’s a customer now. Thanks Guys???

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Phillip, thank you for a great review. We appreciate it!

Original review: July 17, 2018

I wasn’t happy with the company I had. I switched to Slomin's and they are 100 times better. They had a rep come over who explained everything to me and told me he was gonna match up everything that I had here. Then he set up the date and time for one of the technicians to come. And he showed up on time and did a nice job. He was also very polite and professional. It was a great experience.

So far, I’m happy with the system I have. The other company I had came in and did an upgrade then nothing was right. From the keypads to the wireless, it was horrible and they couldn’t fix it. So, they came back and tried to fix it. But the guy didn’t have the part. And from what I understood, they use outside technicians. They don’t use their own people. But the guy from Slomin's that came and took everything out was a rep from the company. He was in full uniform and he didn’t understand why the other company would send outside contractors to do that.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Jerry, it makes us happy to hear about your experience. Thank you for your positive feedback!

Original review: July 6, 2018

Tech arrived on time. Worked efficiently. Was very neat and clean installing equipment. Was very thorough in explaining new system and how to operate the system. He gave me a booklet to learn more about it. He cleaned up his materials and work area. I disposed of his materials for him. Very good job.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

William we are very happy to hear about your experience. Thank you!

Original review: July 4, 2018

Scotty, the technician, upgraded the system, was efficient, answered all of my questions and made the experience easy. He is an asset to your company. In all of the years that I have had your system I only used it when I was at home because if the telephone lines when down, which happened a lot, the alarm would ring but not in your station. Now I will try it during the day.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Margaret we are happy to hear that and thank you for your feedback!

Resolution response: July 18, 2018

After my original review I was contacted by Slomin’s representative who help me and explain to me on how to use equipped I purchase. GARY was helpful and services was great. I still stand with my original review and will give three stars because it was nice that the company cares about their customer. I still think the company needs for surpervision on customer services. I still think when you call their 1800 number services it’s awful.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Customer services at Slomins Shield. It’s the worse I have ever experienced. I called to complaint on multiple issues and try to speak to a manager. There is never one available. It was say one will call back but never did.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Kelvin, we are sorry to hear about this issue. We will be in touch with you shortly.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Salesman was excellent and the service was great. Service technician Vinny was not only knowledgeable but took his time to show us how it worked and checked that the system that has been in place since 2002 worked flawlessly. I would not hesitate to recommend Slomins to my family and friends.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Joseph, we are happy to hear about your experience. Thank you for the positive feedback!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Wanted to have my alarm upgraded so I can monitor from my iPhone. Signed up for the new display units but tech was nice enough to let me know that my current system was better and I only needed to add a cellular module. Great advice from the tech! I wish I didn’t have to sign up for another 5 year contract since I really just added a module to my existing alarm system.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was very satisfied Slomins Shield. They communicated well and arrived on time and the security system was hooked up in no time. The technician was friendly and very knowledgeable about the system and where to place the sensors. After using it for a week it's still very easy to operate. I would recommend Slomins Alarm System to anyone.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Julie, we appreciate your feedback!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Installers were very professional and completed the job on a timely basis. Also everything was left very tidy. The installers were very knowledgeable and was able to install cameras with very little issues. Cameras are easy to use and extremely clear reception.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Cathy we are happy to hear that and we appreciate your positive feedback.

Original review: June 18, 2018

We are very pleased with the upgrade of our 10 year old system. The new technology allows for easier access to our alarm system via MySlomins App. This gives us more options both when we are home or away. We highly recommend Slomins to our friends and families.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Alcide thanks for reviewing us!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Excellent customer service!! Amadeus, the sales rep was fantastic. He explained everything concisely and in detailed and he answer all of my questions. The guy who installed it was courteous, knowledgeable and efficient!! He also explained all the features to me! I am very happy!!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Geradine thanks for the review!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Wonderful - we are delighted with the new service! We had Altronics for 23 years - and they didn't care that we moved on! The Slomin Shield installation group was great - professional and actually cared about us as customers! Reasonable price for a great service!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Bernie, it makes us happy to hear that. Thank you for reviewing us!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Mike and Bobby were great!! They came installed explained everything clearly showed me how everything worked. I’m extremely happy with my alarm system. I would recommend them to everyone. I know the system works as my husband set off the alarm one morning after I left and don’t answer the phone so I got the call.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for reviewing us!

Original review: June 12, 2018

There was a mix up with our order when the installer came to the house. He didn't mention the doorbell cameras were back ordered and had the wrong type of sensor for our shed. He was very respectful of our property and finished his installation quickly. However when I called customer service with a problem the lady I was first connected to was unhelpful, rude and a bit arrogant. I became very frustrated and hung up. When I called back the gentleman I was connected to was very helpful and understanding. Kind of hit or miss.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I've had a Slomin's security system for the last 20 years. We sold our hold house and just purchased another so we put Slomin's in there also. I liked how I'm familiar with them and how they work. My husband said that we should just stick to what we had when I looked into other companies. This time around, the Slomin's salesman who came out was very personable and knowledgeable. The system that we have in our house that we sold is totally different than the system that they installed in our new house. He knew all about the upgraded new system and explained it. Installation of our new system took about an hour but their guy was quick. Overall, the system is great and it's not expensive at all. Slomin's is a reliable company and they're on top of things.

Thank you Nichole!

Original review: June 11, 2018

I’ve had ADT for almost 30 years in three houses. I was just not happy with their service and I got rid of them for Slomins Alarm Systems. A salesperson came in, sat down, told us everything, and worked out a good deal. It was also much cheaper than what ADT offered and we were an existing customer. The service of Slomins was excellent so far. The installation was quick, clean, and the installer showed me everything. He was very good. I’m very happy with Slomins. I would recommend them for their service, price, and installation.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Gordon, thanks for the review and for taking the time to give us a positive feedback.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I live by myself so I bought a home security system. I had Slomin’s for years before but I discontinued for about a year when I had to move. When I got another place, I got Slomin's again. I've had them again for about a month now and a little expensive than it was before. However, my recent experience hasn't been good. The backdoor is locked but the security system kept saying that the backdoor is open and it showed, "System not ready."

Slomin's sent a technician to deal with it. He had to replace the little piece on the door. He said that maybe that one was bad. Now, the new one is doing a little better, but now and again, it still does the same thing. Some days, it’s okay and then on the next day, it isn’t so I plan to call them about this problem again once I come back from my vacation. Other than that, Slomin's customer service is good and I would still recommend them. Other people could try it and maybe they might not have the same issue that I’m having as I’ve never had this issue before.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Jacqueline, thank you for the review! we will be in touch with you in regards the issue with the sensor.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The representative we dealt with at Slomin's was excellent and the technicians were very good. They were respectful, honest and knowledgeable. They helped me through it all and they told me how to do the things. We had a security system before with ADT but Slomin's pricing is way better and I needed a security system for our business at our home. The features are also nicer and the little keypad is beautiful. But I need another keypad ‘cause my house is pretty big and when the doors open, I cannot hear it in my room. That spooks me.

The smartphone features are cool but it doesn’t let me see the times that the doors are opened and closed. If I wanted to see when an employee comes in, it doesn’t tell me like ADT. That aside, the system works good and I like it. It's self-explanatory and the overall performance is perfect. It's reasonable and really reliable. The other day, I was in my kitchen and it said the garage door opened. I was there by myself and I got so scared. It turned out that I had left the door a little open and when the air conditioner came on, it may have blown it. But I liked the way it spoke and alerted me.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Priscilla we are very happy to hear your feedback. Thanks for the positive review!

Original review: June 5, 2018

We’ve been with Slomins Alarm Systems since day 1 and they treated us well. Their sales rep, Drew, came as opposed to a couple of other people. Their guy seemed to be much more thorough. He went through the house and asked a lot more questions and not just say, “Okay, this is nice. You get an alarm system. Bye”. He must’ve been here at least two or three hours. He went over things and he said, “Well there’s options we got. But in your case, maybe we should do this or do that”. And he came up with some ideas we didn’t think of.

The installer did a great job. It took him about three days. My house is 140 years old and he had to really do some shenanigans. The house isn’t built like modern houses are, and when he got through, you would’ve swore they built a house with this alarm system in it. The guy did a fantastic job and you wouldn’t have known he was here.

The system has some very good features and they turn around every five years. Also, you’re entitled to a free upgrade in your system. You have to agree to stay with them another five years, but we don’t plan on going to anybody else anyway. We’ve had about six upgrades ‘cause there was one time we had a problem and the guy came in, “You know what? Let me just upgrade your system while I’m here. I’ll call into the office.” He called in and they said, “Yeah, go ahead. Just upgrade it.” Also, Slomin's uses good-quality stuff. A friend of mine works for Honeywell and he’s in the security division. He’s an engineer and he prototypes alarm systems, and he even said, “This is all good stuff they got here”.

You've got a problem, you pull them up on the phone. They get somebody here within a day or so and they don't give you any problems. They try to help you on the phone. “Could you try this?” because sometimes they can clear the problem on the phone with you, which is great. And when they can’t, it’s like “Okay, we’ll have the guy out there”. And if he has to come at night, he comes at night if you’re not home or whatever during the day. We’ve recommended Slomins numerous times.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

William thanks for taking the time for writing this review!

Slomins Alarm Systems expert review by Erin Raub

Get a professionally installed system with 2 package options for $29.95 and $42.95 a month. Systems have 5-year contracts and come with warranties. The company also offers heating and cooling services.

• Complimentary home review: Users get the benefit of learning what the security weaknesses are in their home prior to signing up for an alarm system, for no additional cost.

• Remote access: Users can access their alarm system and monitor their home from any Internet-enabled mobile device, such as a phone or tablet, regardless of the platform their mobile device uses.

• Central monitoring system: Slomin alarms are connected to a central monitoring system; if the alarm goes off and the user can't be reached, the company dispatches emergency services to the home.

• Protection against false alarms: Users can set up a password they can give dispatchers to cancel an alarm once it goes off.

• Customization available: Users can choose the features that make the most sense for their home, including remote access, home automation or live streaming of what's going on in their houses.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information

1923
www.slomins.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business