toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Slomins Alarm Systems

Charles, Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Original review: July 22, 2016

An older version of Slomins had been there before I moved in and I decided to get it after I got broke into and lost over $10,000 worth of equipment. The installation was very easy. The salesman came out as it was being installed and wanted to check up on things and see how things were going. He was very courteous. The installer was also very knowledgeable and he has been doing it for 27 years. One time I forgot to set it and I set it from my phone, which is great. I feel safer with the system in place.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joseph, sorry for the issue you are having. We will have someone contact you shortly.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

My experience with the alarm system itself was great. We have had for 2 1/2 yrs now. My issues start with trying to cancel my services. I called to cancel and was told that there was a cancellation fee cause I was locked into a 5 yr contract. I questioned the 5 yr contract and was told that is the standard contract when they provide you with an alarm system. This was not a Slomin installed system. It was an ADT system, Slomin simply replaced the ADT keypad out with a Slomin keypad. That was it. No other equipment was used or installed, it was system take over from previous company with compatible equipment.

So now I am in a standstill while Slomin attempts to get the archived paperwork that shows they gave me a complete installment for a 5 yr contract. Either way this feels like it will be a process as the customer rep was insisting to me that the keypad "contains the computer and alarm system parts that make it a completely new installed system by Slomin."

Slomins Alarm Systems

Zehra, thank you for the feedback. We will have someone contact you in regards to the issue you had last night.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

The gentleman who came to update the system was efficient and extremely knowledgeable about the system. My husband and I appreciated this very much. An excellent 'face' of the company. The system has worked well so far but we did have an issue last night when it started beeping because the phone line went off and this was a little odd as it is no longer associated with the phone line. Other than that, excellent.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Richard, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

We only had service for about a month now and so far it's okay. The system is very understandable and the help team are always available for support. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a security system to protect their home and family!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Jimmy, thank you for choosing Slomin's.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

Had an experience turning over an alarm to my name after a purchase of a new home. Tech was very friendly and informative. Also very thorough. Checked every room to ensure alarm was working properly. I feel at ease with the system. I wish I had gotten his name.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Slomins Alarm Systems

Valerie, we will be in contact with you to discuss.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

We recently got construction done on our home and needed our alarm reinstalled. Not only did the company refuse to install our old system but asked us to pay $700 for new equipment and reinstallation since our contract wasn't expired yet. When asked if it would have made a difference if we told them about it before the construction I was told no we would still have to pay for it. Meanwhile new customers and renewing customers get free installation. When I asked if I was getting any other options the reply was no. Way to treat existing customers Slomins!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Karen, thank you for the feedback and we will be in contact with you to solve the issue.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

The installer of my home security system did not leave us a Slomins Shield sign for our property. I called the Slomins office the same day of my installation and was told that the installer may not have had one on his truck. I was told that one would be sent to me right away. It has been over 2 weeks and I still have not received the sign.

Insufficient response received

I'm very disappointed with the whole experience. First of all, after making an appointment online, no one had contacted me, to tell me that we are confirmed. Only a day before my appointment I received a confirmation email from the sales person. Then on the day of the appointment a received a phone call from the salesperson, stating that he will be about 2 hrs late. It was ok with me since it was a Saturday and I was not working. The salesperson scheduled security system installation and told me that someone will come on a Wednesday between 9-1 pm.

I had cleared my schedule and was patiently waiting until 11 am, when I called the Slomins. At that time I was told that I was a second stop and the technician should be there shortly. However no one had showed up at 1:30. I had to go to work and had my wife to return home, hoping that someone will show up. I spoke to my wife at 3 pm and she told me that there was no technician at the house. When I called the company I was told that this things happen, and they will let me know when tech will be on his way. This is so inconsiderate of my schedule.

Then I called the company again willing to speak to a supervise, after being at work and holding for 10 minutes I hung up. After being played all day, I finally called cancelled my order. I don't want to be with a company who does care about the clients, from the very beginning there were issues. I'm very disappointed that there are companies that run business like this.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Brian, sorry the system isn't working as you would like. We will contact you shortly to discuss this further.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

I recently had my total alarm system replaced. The guy was good and very professional however, now my alarm beeps and can go off every time I open my interior bedroom door. I'm scared to set the alarm at night now because if someone gets up to go to the bathroom it will go off. Can you please have someone put it back the way it was. I have been loyal to Slomins for well over 10 years.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Jane, happy to hear that the installation was completed to your satisfaction. I will have someone contact you in regards to your yard sign.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Install was 10/17. I would give the installer a 10 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest but as of 11/4, I still do not have the outdoor sign although I called twice. I don't know why it isn't given the day of the installation. The sign is immediate notice of an alarm system on premises and a big part of the protection.

No response received

Slomins Alarm Systems

Damon, sorry to hear that you are not happy with the new system that was installed. We will contact you to shortly.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

This is the worst system of all the alarms had with Slomins. The sound is not as loud as prior systems. There are way too many steps to activate the alarm, perhaps this may be a programming issue. Because the sound is extremely low if triggered, safety feels jeopardized. Not happy at all with new wireless system.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Nov. 18, 2016

Absolutely resolved by a gentleman who called from Slomins. Some adjustment to my bill, and that will cover my aggravation finding a site to dispose of material that cannot go into the regular garbage, and that should have been removed by the installing technician.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Lynnae, I am sorry to hear about your experience. We will address these issues with our service department.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

First had sales fellow in to go over upgrade to system that was last updated in perhaps 2007. That went fine. Set up contract (5 yr) in return for "free upgrade" that was to include a new master box in basement + 2 upstairs control panels. Technician came on time. He said he was there to change a battery out. Period. He said this is what was on his work order on his tablet. I said, "no there is a bigger change out due" (as above). He said no. I said, "call whomever you need to to get this clarified." That took a bit. I had to go outside (he was parked in our garage) to push the conversation he was having, which still seemed to be stuck on changing out the battery. At that point I had already shown him the papers I signed for the 5 year contract and more extensive change out. We were at a standstill until I made it clear that if they (meaning Slomins) could not get their act together, I would be fine with going with another vendor, effective now.

The phone conversation continued. In the end, what I had agreed to was done. Slomins: this was far too much aggravation all due to internal communication issues on your business/technician side of things. I should not have had to push and make my alternative options so vigorously clear. Second problem: the technician put the old electronics into my outdoor garbage. Electronics, motherboards, lithium batteries (even if depleted) cannot go into regular landfill. He did not ask me about disposal. He did not offer to take them for proper disposal. This is not socially or environmentally responsible. These things must be properly disposed of. Slomins: you need to get this end of things improved. Why 3 stars: the system was upgraded. Maybe it should be two for the electronics disposal issue and my need to be aggressive, but in the end, the system was upgraded.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Dorothy, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

We are very pleased to have the upgrade. Everyone was very good about the installation, etc. The men were on time and everything was explained. It took a little time to get used to the changes but they're good.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Damon, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

The professional who updated and installed my new improved system was a gentleman and took his job very seriously. I would recommend Slomins alarm service to anyone and everyone I know or meet. After the installation I had immediately felt safer for me and my family.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Salverio, we are happy to provide the service you deserve. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

Equipment is state of the art. It is also very easy to use. Both sales rep and installer were both very pleasant, knowledgeable, and professional. System was installed within 48 hours of my initial contact.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Lorraine, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

The representative was on time, calling me in advance to tell me he was on his way. He was very respectful, informative and took his time explaining things to me and didn't mind all my questions. He was friendly, knowledgeable and seemed experienced in what he was doing. Very good experience with the install.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Sanford, sorry about the issue with the permit fee. We will be in contact with you to discuss this with you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

The installation went fine with no problems. However we do have an issue with the bill we received regarding permit fees. Although it states in the agreement that permit fees TBD, we feel that the customers should be told what the fees are so they are aware they will be an additional bill. The agreement was given to us by the sales rep, and we could not read it at that time because it was on an tablet and was unreadable. We did read it later (and we always read agreements before signing them) and did not even notice the line permit fees TBD because there was no dollar amount listed. We feel you need to be more upfront with the additional fees charged. It is not fair to the customer to be asked to pay extra when it is not clear in the agreement.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Kevin, thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to call us when your schedule permits with any questions you have.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

The rep was patient and informative without overselling. He tried to give me the best deal he could. The installation was superb. They were patient and made sure the job was done right even to point of changing panel cause not enough zones. They were ready to answer all my questions make recommendations but did it the way I wanted it done and made sure I was satisfied. I was impressed. It was late so I didn't get the chance to review all the features because they had to go. So a little rushed in the end. Hard for me to call customer service in day due to schedule, always better to be clear before they leave. So no great closure. Otherwise quite pleased.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Timothy, thank you for being a loyal customer.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Tech came to the house and completed the installation in a timely manner. Very courteous and obviously extremely knowledgeable. Love the new touch screen system. I also better at night knowing this system was installed with great care.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Vikram, thank you for choosing Slomin's.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

I had a very professional tech install my home security system and thus far, no issues at all. Very pleased with my installation service and my system overall in terms of reliability.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Slomins Alarm Systems

Donna, sorry for the poor communication. We will contact you shortly to discuss the problems you described below.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

While I had a great sales experience, the install didn't quite match the sell. For example, I asked that the ADT equipment be removed as was described in the sell; it was not removed. I had to leave before the install was installed, and asked that detailed instructions be left. I found the instructions lacking, as they don't cover how to activate the app on my phone. When activating the phone app, I was asked for an account number, which was never given to me, and doesn't seem to be available in emails from Slomin's. Long story short, the equipment is here, but has not yet been activated.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Hector, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

We are very pleased with Slomin's in the past, and also with the latest upgrading. The persons involved were professional and friendly. The young man that DID the work, name of Demetrius, was excellent and friendly. Would recommend to all. Thank you.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Jerome, thank you for your feedback. We will be in contact with you shortly to address your questions.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

The sales and installation staff are very professional and efficient. I was able to discuss easily the upgrades and needs for my home. They reviewed all of the necessary items and technology plus training for me to successfully operate the system. Please check that my cell phone number, ** is also on your file. Account # **. I also paid the invoice of $55 plus other items that were billed. What were the other items for? Please advise. Thanks.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Garret, thank you for your positive feedback.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

Sales person was professional. Good experience. Went over all available options. Installation went well with no problems. Also very professional. Explained operation of new system. We are very happy.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Peter, thank you for being a loyal customer.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Seamless process. The technician was professional, courteous, efficient. The work was completed quickly and neatly. He showed us how to operate the system upon completion of the installation and testing. Excellent experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Kathleen, sorry for the issues you had with the consultant. We value your feedback and help Slomin's better train our representatives.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

The installer that came to my house was great. Very professional, came within the scheduled time & had the job completed within 2 hours. I was very pleased with his service. He spent the time explaining the new system & made sure I knew how it operated & was comfortable with it all before leaving. Great guy & personality.

The consultant that came to my house, Nick **, almost cost the company my services. He lied to my face several times. First telling me I could pick the time I wanted for my install so I wouldn't have to take off work. Then I told him I wanted wireless so I don't need my landline & wanted to operate my system from my phone. That was never placed on the order. It was basically a "sign here & you'll have the existing coverage now plus access from your phone". Luckily your installer made up for Nick's rudeness & lies.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Midge, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I was pleased with the service I received in choosing Slomins Shield for my home security. I found it to be reasonably priced. Also everyone who represented Slomins Shield in each department was courteous and professional. Leo ** and Dan ** were exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable in their field. I would recommend Slomins Shield to a friend.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Matthew, we would like to speak to you in regards to your issues below. We reached out to you back in early September and have not heard back. We will try to contact you again later today.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

I have Slomins since June. The salesman was great but the installers were a bear to get to come. And then when they came, they had the wrong instructions because the salesman didn’t actually put them on at the right time. And they came at a point where they had to call the headquarters and they couldn’t do the additional stuff they were supposed to do. We had to call again for the fourth time and I had the real estate agent wait all day for them and they didn’t show up. The installation was a big pain and I wasn't satisfied with it. I hope they have their sales and installation team be a little more painless. Otherwise, they’ll lose customers. Nonetheless, the device is working fine and I don’t know yet if it would respond well to any emergencies.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Stacey, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

Great service. Guy did a great job explaining the new system.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Patricia, thank you for being a long time Slomin's customer.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I've had Slomins for about 12 years now and their service has been very good. We have more security because of them and I recommend them to anyone.

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Profile