Call toll free
4.01/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures piece of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Slomins Alarm Systems offer an affordable base plan with excellent home automation features. The contracts are long, but the complimentary initial equipment makes up for it.

PROS

• Home automation features
  • 24/7 monitoring
  • Affordable pricing

CONS

• Long contracts

Top Slomins Alarm Systems Reviews

01/28/2019

With the system, our sense of security is perfect. Its features are very good and easy to use which my wife loves. She was scared it was gonna be too difficult to understand. The pricing was great, too.

05/07/2019

Closed on my house in the afternoon and the first thing the next morning they were able to install my alarm. My salesman was professional, knowledgeable and punctual. The installer came on time and did an excellent and efficient job as well. I could not have asked for a better security experience.

How does Slomins Alarm Systems work?

Slomins Alarm Systems professionally monitor your system for trouble, 24/7. Slomins home security provides professional installation services and estimates installation will take 4 to 6 hours. Included is the mySlomin’s app, which lets you remotely monitor your system.

Although there are fees associated with breaking Slomins' unusually long 60-month contract, the low monthly cost may alleviate this issue.

Slomins Alarm Systems cost

Beginning at just $29.95 a month and providing well over $1000 worth of starter equipment, Slomins is one of the most affordable home security companies around. Because the Slomins website does not have a specific breakdown on the supplementary cost of additional equipment and services, it's best to contact them directly for more information and a detailed quote.

Slomins Alarm Systems equipment

Slomins has several home automation tools, including controls for lighting, thermostats and door locks. The basic system comes with an LCD control panel, a motion detector, window decals and yard signs. It also arms up to entryways using door contacts. Video cameras and the Slomins touch screen keypad are optional and an extra cost. Other items you can ask about include water, fire, carbon monoxide and temperature detectors.

slomins alarm systems LCD control panel
LCD control panel
slomins alarm systems motion detector
Motion detector
slomins alarm systems door contacts
Door contacts
slomins alarm systems video camera
Video camera
slomins alarm systems decals and yard sign
Decals and yard signs
slomins alarm system keychain remote
Keychain remote

Slomins Alarm Systems FAQ

Is Slomins available where I live?
Slomins is located in:
  • South Carolina
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia
Is the Slomins security system professionally monitored?
Yes. If the alarm goes off and you are not around, emergency responders will be dispatched to take care of the issue.
Can I control the Slomins security system through my phone?
Absolutely. You can access the alarm system through a phone or tablet to view the status or make certain commands. There is also a downloadable Slomins app.
How to cancel Slomins security?
You will need to call Slomins directly for their cancellation policies.

Do we recommend Slomins Alarm Systems?

We recommend Slomins Alarms Systems for their affordable base package, complimentary initial equipment and smart home automation functionality. Several Slomins reviews mention the contract is too long for their liking, but if Slomins fits your needs and you don’t plan on moving houses soon, a long-term contract could be a good fit for you.

714 Slomins Alarm Systems Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 12, 2019

I was an ADT customer for 12 years. I moved into a new house in December of 2018 and I had an ADT sales rep come three times with a technician. They said that they could do the system then they couldn't do it then they could. They had to do upgrades and in the end, they tried to take out over $1,000 out of my pocket. I basically threw them out.

The radio show I listen to, Z100, advertises Slomins all the time so I made a phone call. The customer representative that I talked to was very polite. She gave me the contact of the salesman who would be coming to my house as well as a three-hour window. The salesman came right on time. He looked at everything and told me that I could absolutely use all the hardware that was already existing in the house like the window and the door sensors. He also looked at all the glass breaks and the basement sensors that I had and he was very upfront about how they might have to be replaced. He was able to give me a quote right then and there and I actually signed the contract before he left the house. I also took his advice to have the batteries of all the sensors replaced as he said that that would save a lot of time. I had done that the weekend prior to the installer's schedule. I wound up having 36 zones in total between all the windows and doors.

The guy who came to install my system was great. He asked me before he did the work and communicated while he was here. He used all the existing sensors and he replaced the ones that were not functional, such as the one in the basement. He also put in another glass break sensor, motion sensor, three fire sensors and two LCD panels. He was in and out of the house in less than three hours and everything went great. From the customer service rep to the salesperson to the tech, everyone that I dealt with from Slomins was very professional and communicated very well. They knew all of my expectations and they did a phenomenal job. I was very impressed. All three floors of my house are now thoroughly covered. The Slomins' app is also on my phone and my wife's phone, and it works fantastically. I have more features on my system and my monthly cost is right where I expected it to be.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Kyle, what an awesome review, thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I feared being burglarized and I decided to get a home security system. I went online, looked at Slomin's and I got ADT. Somebody played with the website and I got really pissed off with ADT because I don’t like that. I called Slomin's directly. I have them at two houses and I remembered their number since it’s a fairly easy one. I got the salesman out and he went through the house. He and I agreed on where these things should be placed depending on how many I need. I closed one of my houses through the winter and I disconnected the telephone because I didn’t need it. With Slomins, you don’t need a telephone to call out to the central system. It works by WiFi. The installation was smooth enough and the technicians were very good. What I have with Slomin's is better than what I had.

In November, as I was closing up the house through the winter, I had the plumber come out to the house to drain all the pipes, blow out the line and put in antifreeze. When I was going to close up the house, one of the sensors wasn’t on. I called up Slomin's and I explained the situation to them. I begged them to send somebody out that day but they said they couldn’t. So, they made an appointment to send the guy out the next morning between eight and 10 in the morning. He never showed up but he eventually called. He said he couldn’t make it because of the snow yesterday. I told him that he gotta make it because I’ve already closed up the house. He said he was not going through and then, he made an appointment with me for the next Tuesday but I told him to come up on that day. I have no food, no heat, no water and no toilets but he wouldn’t come.

I called Slomin's and I complained to them. I explained my situation to the lady and she felt badly for me. She said that she would have somebody there that afternoon, which was really nice of her. Somebody else came up in the afternoon. Originally, whoever the repair guy was, he should be fired. He said stupid things and I hate stupid comments. In either event, I did get it fixed. It was a very simple one. The guy who who eventually came should be commended because he saw right away what was wrong and it took him five minutes to fix it.

The functionality of Slomin’s system is fine but there’s no consistency. I have one in New York City and one in Wurtsboro, New York. Though the two machines are identical, they’re programmed differently. I asked to have them both programmed the same way but they didn’t do it. I accepted the reason they gave me. They said it was more secure the way they do it but I have an older one and a newer one, and the older one is the way I like it. When you get to be older, you have done it in a certain way and to change is difficult. The change here is calling the police, which I have no desire to do if I’m not being robbed. In either event, consistency between locations is very important with the machinery.

I have on my cellphone my country house application, the app and I have the country house on it. When I wanna switch to the city house, I have to close that app and put in the other address, open that up, put in the username and the password. When I wanna go back to the country house which is where it usually is, I have to do it all over again. I have to close it and reopen it. I should be able to use the same application for more than one house and the more often that I use my flat, little fingers on this little thing, the more errors I make which frustrates me and I’m not in the business of being frustrated.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Arthur, we appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We got Slomin's security system as a preventative measure and at that time, it was a package. I was getting the oil from them also so we got a lower rate. We got a locked in rate for a couple of years on the oil. The only negative thing is that on occasion when the alarm goes off, they don’t call. That’s happened a couple of times. If you shut it off within a certain period of time, they don’t call you. But in six years, I’ve had no problems whatsoever. In fact, I had tried another system, which I still have, but it was such a rip-off. It isn't funny. It’s from Alarm.com and they were terrible.

I ended up calling Slomin’s and not only did they come, they also updated my system. After five years, they updated the system and the system is wonderful. They put their camera here and it works absolutely fantastically. So that was another thing with Slomin’s. They covered all of my issues. My price went up for like $5 but for me, it was well worth it just to have the cameras. I can also look at it on my phone when I’m out. It alerts me. There’s only one problem that I've had with the update. My key fob keeps falling off and I just got that. It fell off five times already and I’m afraid of losing it. I don’t know what to do about that. But they gave us two key fobs and it doesn’t happen to my husband’s. That aside, they’re very thorough and knowledgeable. They’re courteous too. And those are all important things. My last salesman was Anthony. He came from Slomin's home office and he was great.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Anne, We are very happy to hear about your positive experience and we appreciate you sharing that with us!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Back in 1999, I looked up a lot of systems and I saw that Slomin’s was a family-oriented company. Since then, their policies have stayed the same and they've upgraded. Also, anytime that I've had any questions, they've always answered their phones. However, there was a time that I couldn't do it anymore financially. But when I was financially able again, I went back to them because they're a company that is for the customer.

Their sales team was good. They were not pushy and they let me make up my mind. If I wanted an alarm at a certain place, they'd tell me okay but then give suggestions too. What I also liked was that they explained everything. By the time they took me as far as the installation, they asked me if I have any questions and then they took me to everything they were gonna do in my house and what kind of system I needed.

As far as their personnel coming in, they've been efficient and courteous. They've done their work and then cleaned up after themselves. The installer was cordial as well. He acted like I knew him for years. He went to the job and did it. Then, he let me go through the whole system, showed me everything on it, and explained everything about it. The installation was really fast because they used the same wiring from my old system. With the previous alarm on the doors, the installer just took those off and put the new ones up. We also had the one that was hooked up to the phone system which the installer took out and put the new one where that was. Then, I was gonna replace a bad door and they said they would come back and do it. And as soon as I called, a gentleman came straight on out and did what he had to do.

The alarm system is beautiful. It’s got a lot of features and it's excellent. I love the new one because it’s a panel that you just touch and the panel would tell you if you left the door or a window open. Wherever you have your alarms at, it’d tell you that. I can also arm and disarm the system on my cellphone, which I really like because if I forget to arm the system and I’m running out of the house or when I take the groceries or have something all in my hand and I gotta disarm the alarm system, I can do that.

The alarm also gives you a whole minute to get out of the door. Then, when you go out of the door, you can turn off the voice because when any door is open, it tells you which one it is. With the old system, it would be ringing and you've gotta figure out where it is. There's also a feature where you can push a button and Slomin's reps can hear what’s going on in the house without them calling. So, they’re listening on to check if somebody’s bothering you and it’s recorded.

Another thing I like about Slomin's is that when that alarm goes off before you even breathe, they are calling you. And when they do call you, they’re so courteous. They'd also ask you if everything is all right or if you need any help. When the alarm went off the first time and I had to call, Slomin's rep said that they didn't have a number for me to call the police station. The person that answered the phone on weekends, because they weren’t open, took all my information and forwarded it to the company. She didn’t tell me to call this or that, unlike what a lot of other companies do. She said she would do it and when I checked, the company had all the information. With the Slomin's system installed, I feel more protected. They're also a very good company that does not charge for false alarms and has a very reasonable price. I have told people about them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Angela, thanks for the great review!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

A friend of mine has Slomin's and he was happy with it so I gave it a try. They put it in complementary and they got that back on the monthly fee. They offered a free camera but I didn't want one so I got the extra keypad for upstairs. They've been good. The salesman was not high pressure and was excellent. The service guy was also very professional and courteous. He set everything up with the old keypads while he put the new keypads and checked the system. The keypads are good. At least when he was here, everything was good. The installation took him a little over half a day.

Last night at around 12:30 the alarm went off. I went to the pad upstairs and it said that the family room windows were breached. So I went downstairs. A technician is coming today but not for this problem. But since it occurred, hopefully, he can take care of it because I've never seen an alarm system go off when the windows were closed and functional. I've only had the system for almost two months and so far, so good until last night. I had to call Slomin's and tell them not to call the police. Hopefully they can fix whatever went wrong. Other than that, the system is very intuitive and has different zones you can arm and disarm from your smartphone which is nice. So in case I had my son-in-law coming in, I can disarm it and then arm it when he leaves if I'm not home. It's got some neat features.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Eugene, we appreciate your positive feedback!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I signup for their 5 year contract because their promotions of $1000 equipment and installation. During installation, the technician said door bell camera was not able to get installed. And I need to contact them for something else. Here is where it gets really tricky, when you sign up, these equipment are discounted, but when you need to switch to a different product, they ask you for the full amount. A glass breaker detector will cost $125, which I can get one for less than $30. Anyone with reasoning will understand a door bell camera worth way more than a sensor. And not to mention, their alarm is keep sounding for no reason, cops were called twice in a row. No one even care to contact us to provide solutions, it is your job to talk to them about these false alarms. Just like the other reviews said, all they care about is installing you, signing and goodbye. STAY AWAY!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I purchased a house with an existing contract. It is pathetic that the most difficult part of buying a home is transferring the security contract. I was able to get a loan for 100K with a simple online application but their stupid agreement for $35/mo requires me to go to a notary and overnight docs. You'll get them when you get them, if ever. Not to mention that they require a 5 year contract. ADT requires 3 as do other. I would NEVER choose to use them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Carrie Thomas, We are very sorry to hear about your experience. If there is anything we may be able to do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact us 24/7 in Customer Service by dialing 1-800-252-7663. Thank you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 29, 2019

Thank you for cancelling. I must point out there is NO Balance due as I pre paid in full to terminate months ago. Additionally, upon paying I was informed I needed to call back 3 months later to be sure Slomins did their job. Cancelling my account. That is just another reason for no longer wanting your services. Got a fine due to your company. Called and company told me to pound salt- good luck- you're on your own. (No Help At ALL.)

Was told when agreeing and signing contract, "everything" would be covered. Not true, when came time for servicing due to false alarm(s); a-Was told 1st servicing was 4 or 5 days out for 1st available date. & b-Batteries are not covered, therefore, I paid. Then I went to local hardware store to see Slomins charged me approximately 10 times what the retail price was for a simple battery. Shame on Slomins. Gave the company one more chance. Called scheduled appointment for A/C install. The quote I got was 3500.00 more expensive than 1 of the competitors! Once again- Shame on you trying to rip off a senior citizen that served and helped save this country!!!

Hi Tom King,

You are correct, there is no balance due on your account! We are sorry to hear about your experience and we apologized for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Thanks!

Original review: July 14, 2019

Am I the only one whose iPhone app no longer works after the control panel radio upgrade a few months ago? Intermittently - and frequently - does not connect to panel from app. Numerous phone calls to customer service for troubleshooting, had a service call on site a few days ago, still crapping out on us, multiple iPhones of different generations (SE and 6S) affected, using both WiFi and cellular signals.

Currently waiting for Slomins to chat with their IT folks and call me back. Told that customers aren’t allowed to talk to IT there. Slomins app is our primary method of arming and disarming since our control panel is not near our usual entry door. Got mad at repeated phone calls over this issue and threatened to cancel service, and rep told us “No problem, we’ll just hit you with a four thousand dollar ($4,000) termination penalty, read your contract.” ????

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Michael, thank you for letting us know about this issue and we apologize for the inconvenience. We are looking into this for you and will contact shortly for assistance. Thanks!

Original review: June 28, 2019

I've been with Slomin's for 26 years and I really like their system. They're very responsive. I immediately get a call if my alarm goes off. I recently got upgraded at no cost, and they sent in their sales rep who went over the new system with me. Then we scheduled for them to come and install it. The installer knew what he was doing and explained everything to my husband. I like the new system a lot. Coming from the old system to this pad was like day and night, but it was very easy to get used to.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Luisa Liz, We appreciate your positive feedback and we hope for many more years to come. Thank you for being a loyal Slomin's customer!

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information