4.11/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures piece of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

463 Slomins Alarm Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

The service has been wonderful. The salesman Bill is very knowledgeable and funny, the technicians John and Rich were kind and respectful as well as knowledgeable!! The technology is advanced and easy to use, the price is great! Happy I chose Slomins!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Tabitha, thanks so much for the review!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

After 10 years of being with Slomins, we finally updated our alarm system and added video cameras to our property. We were very pleased with the representative that helped us update the system and with the technician that came to install it.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Christine, glad to hear that you are happy!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Good response - good service. I was very impressed with the professionalism of the person who came out to talk to me and the installation person who came out to upgrade our system. The price was right too... only a slight increase to add two window sensors to our house.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Julius, we appreciate the time to review us and your feedback. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

After replacing all windows in my house, the alarm contacts on the first floor windows no longer functioned. Service tech Omar (#**) traced all window wiring and reconnected alarm contacts to restore perimeter protection. Retested police and fire systems and retrained me in all system functions. Terrific job!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Erik, thanks for the review and happy to see everything went well!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Tech was great... Did a neat job and took time to explain new keypad to us and the wireless concept. Love the interactiveness of the keypad and that it is very user-friendly. So far so good, everything working up to snuff.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Salvatore, thanks for the review!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Keith was very professional and neat. Would definitely recommend to family and friends. He explained everything at the end and made sure we were comfortable using the system without complication. Even my 3 kids put their own passcodes in alarm and he made them try it until they got it right. Very good person and technician. Thank you Keith.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Vincenzo, we are glad to hear everything went well and that you feel safe!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

The system is wonderful! I love it. There's a few draw backs: The leading keypad is a little too big, the alarm sound off is very quiet compare to the regular one... would like to know the difference. I love all the other aspects of the system, especially the app... it's the best. Thanks Slomins.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Mary, thanks so much for the kind words and review!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I have used this company for a few years when for the first time I needed a repair man they were not accommodating at all. I expressed I worked 12 hours a day. They told me rudely it is my problem. I had an issue with my boiler. I was not able to use hot water for days and go through trouble of paying someone to come to my house when the repairmen would be sent. I wouldn't recommend this heating company. I was just so lucky it didn't happen during freezing temperature. Horrible and rude customer service.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

During the time I had the Slomin's Shield alarm service I was satisfied with the company's service. I had to discontinue the service because it requires a landline and I, like much of the USA, transitioned to a cell phone as my primary phone. When I discontinue the service, Slomin's Shield did not offer to disconnect the hardware. This didn't seem a problem at the time but it has become a major problem since. Over time, the system has broken down and now seems to only draw power from the battery. When the battery is low, the system starts beeping. When I contacted Slomin's Shield the first time, their solution was to recommend I purchase another battery and install it. They would not resolve the power issue or shut the hardware down.

I made a recent call after another incident where the alarm went off in the middle of the night. They informed me that they cannot do anything for me without a contract. The customer service representative did inform me of two power sources I would have to disconnect. But my system seems to be rigged in an unorthodox manner. There are wires out in the open that I am simply not prepared to mess around with. So now I have an unreliable alarm that will go off on rare occasions and I must continue to buy batteries for the power supply or pay for an electrician to come out. My conclusion: The service is good right up until you stop it, then you are left to deal with an aging (potentially malfunctioning) system and zero accountability for it, from Slomin's Shield.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I am so sorry that I signed a 5 year contract. Customer service has been awful. I would not ever recommend Slomins. I was put on hold with customer service so long that I hung up. I spoke with Amy one time when I called Slomins, she was very helpful.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I was getting an upgrade to have cameras installed, and when the tech arrived, he didn't have any cameras to install, he said they ran out. I'm not very happy about it, and I am still waiting for the installation. I had to call when were they going to get more in.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Overall great experience. Initially an issue with the contract, but that was straightened out almost immediately. The installer, Glenn, was superb. He was prompt, knowledgeable, experienced, and friendly. Although the alarm system itself was only installed several days ago, I am completely satisfied with the system.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Brad, thanks for the review!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My daughter was getting Slomin’s and she told us about it. She had researched the others and compared prices. We felt Slomin’s was the most fair and so we got it. The installation went very easy, the tech knew exactly what he was doing. He went through it very quickly and explained everything to us. We’ve had it at home for a month now and I feel so much better. I love the system and the way it works, with the secret code in case somebody enters the house without our permission. And I like the way it’s attached to my phone. I could always turn it on when I’m out of the house, turn it off when I’m at the house, whatever I want to do. We sleep better at night too.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Valeria, that is great to hear! Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

An amazing Slomin's salesman came and laid out everything for me. I liked the way he broke it down and then he upsold me some stuff. He hit me with two different ways that I could take care of everything and I could have money upfront that won't cost me more on the backend. He didn't seem shady, was really trying to be beaming but also very personable. He made me feel comfortable spending the money that I did with them. Then the installation went great but I didn’t know I had to have Wi-Fi in the house to get the cameras installed. The alarm has been working awesome but I’m waiting to move into the house and get everything set up so I could give them a callback to get my cameras installed. I look forward to being a long-time customer of Slomin's and I'm definitely going to try to get some other people get them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Andrew, thanks for the review and trust in Slomin's!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I have been defrauded by Slomins. Sales guy (Frank) made an offer that I agreed to but got sorting less without my approval for the change. Technician told us different story from promises of Frank. Sales guy refused to send me a copy of contract. Requested termination but not hearing from anyone. Will now take this matter to Court and file complaints in Small Business Bureau and NYS Attorney General office.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Slomins' process was very easy, their prices are very good and their equipment is very nice. I got the basic package and the installation was very easy. Also, the sales guy and the installer were very pleasant.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Anthony, we are pleased that everything went well for you!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I’ve had Slomin’s for about 10 years now and when I call them with a problem, they come back and work with me. The last time the technicians came, the system wasn’t working because it was outdated. And they did what they had to do and it was good. They also gave me advice what to do. So it was very good.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Oilida, we appreciate your loyalty as a customer and glad to keep you safe!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I've known about Slomin’s for a long time, since I interviewed with them to work for their company. We've just started using them and we got their basic package with the cell transmitter. We had them take over our home security service because of the cost. The salesman was good. I knew both the salesman and the installer previously and I had no problems with them. I talked to the rep, Mike, occasionally. My wife feels safer with the security device. My only concern is that I'm a little disappointed with the central station on my doors that are supposed to be instant. But otherwise, it turned out good with them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dale, thank you for the review!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

My experience with Slomins has been very good. We learned about it from a neighbor who had a system put in and then we also had ours installed about two months ago. We’ve definitely feel safer and have peace of mind having it.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Steven, thanks for the review and we appreciate the feedback.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

We've been using Slomins' security system for 20 years. I spoke to the guy who installed the system and he was professional, and he answered my questions as well.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

James, thanks so much for the review!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I've had Slomin's Alarm Systems for 20 years. I waited for their installers and once they came, they went right to work and did what they had to do. When they were done, they cleaned up after. They were also professional, including the manager who came. Anytime I had a problem, I would call and their team would answer the question and help me through it.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Chris, we appreciate the feedback and review!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I had Comcast as my home security provider before. My mom told me about Slomins Alarm Systems and Comcast didn't have the features that Slomins had so, I switched. The installation took about an hour and everything went through fine. I feel safer now and the system is louder than the other alarm system I had. I've had their service for two months now and I've had a great experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Tyra, we are glad that everything went so well!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Job half done! Wasted a day and didn't complete job because parts were out of stock after I check two days prior that everything was ready to go. Also could have placed new box in same holes instead of me fixing the wall.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Denise, we appreciate your feed back and would like to help resolve the issues you are having. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I don't remember the technical names. Came out to install my system. They was nice and l enjoy talk with them. They help me a lot. I thank you for send me two nice man's out here. I will enjoy have this service with you. I like and l known l going to enjoy this system.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Carolyn, thank you very much for the review!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I had a previous security system but it’s old and it didn't do what I needed it to do as far as technology goes. And so I got Slomin’s and have had it since August. The gentleman who installed the device was very nice and the reps were absolutely pleasant as well. I had to call them because of a $50 bill for the City of Philadelphia which I had already paid. Since installing the device, I definitely felt safer and got peace of mind. Overall, Slomin’s is a great company.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Melissa, we glad you feel safer and appreciate the feedback!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

The amount of time that is asked of you to wait at home for the installer is ridiculous. I was not given a time at first and after pressuring customer service they gave me a 5 hour window to which they showed up at the end of that window. I was also never asked about a security word and was assigned a random word automatically.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Nicholas, glad to hear that we were able to help solve any issues you may.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

We have been with Slomins Alarm Systems for a month. Their salesman came to our door and we switched from ADT to them due to money. Installing the system was nice, clean and fast. My overall experience was pleasant.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Richard, thanks for trusting in us and your review!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

We had our equipment upgraded and, as usual, the technician was fabulous. He happened to be the same tech that did our initial install in 2009. We will continue to recommend Slomins to our friends. Thanks for being such a good company.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Kimberly, thanks so much for the review!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I had Slomins for over 20 years at the old house. We moved to Jersey and I picked them up here. They were good in the past. They had some commercials about a free camera and I was hoping to get an upgrade since I had them for 20 years but I didn't get that.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Michael, thanks for the review and feedback! We will be in contact shortly.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

We put Slomins in our home two months ago and it was fine and they had a fast response when I goofed. I opened the door and before I could shut it, the phone rang. The only problem we have is it’s been a couple of months now and we haven’t gotten a bill.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Sidney, thanks for the review. We will check that out for you and get back to you.

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information