Call toll free
3.92/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures piece of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Slomins Alarm Systems offer an affordable base plan with excellent home automation features. The contracts are long, but the complimentary initial equipment makes up for it.

PROS

• Home automation features
  • 24/7 monitoring
  • Affordable pricing

CONS

• Long contracts

Top Slomins Alarm Systems Reviews

01/28/2019

With the system, our sense of security is perfect. Its features are very good and easy to use which my wife loves. She was scared it was gonna be too difficult to understand. The pricing was great, too.

05/07/2019

Closed on my house in the afternoon and the first thing the next morning they were able to install my alarm. My salesman was professional, knowledgeable and punctual. The installer came on time and did an excellent and efficient job as well. I could not have asked for a better security experience.

How does Slomins Alarm Systems work?

Slomins Alarm Systems professionally monitor your system for trouble, 24/7. Slomins home security provides professional installation services and estimates installation will take 4 to 6 hours. Included is the mySlomin’s app, which lets you remotely monitor your system.

Although there are fees associated with breaking Slomins' unusually long 60-month contract, the low monthly cost may alleviate this issue.

Slomins Alarm Systems cost

Beginning at just $29.95 a month and providing well over $1000 worth of starter equipment, Slomins is one of the most affordable home security companies around. Because the Slomins website does not have a specific breakdown on the supplementary cost of additional equipment and services, it's best to contact them directly for more information and a detailed quote.

Slomins Alarm Systems equipment

Slomins has several home automation tools, including controls for lighting, thermostats and door locks. The basic system comes with an LCD control panel, a motion detector, window decals and yard signs. It also arms up to entryways using door contacts. Video cameras and the Slomins touch screen keypad are optional and an extra cost. Other items you can ask about include water, fire, carbon monoxide and temperature detectors.

slomins alarm systems LCD control panel
LCD control panel
slomins alarm systems motion detector
Motion detector
slomins alarm systems door contacts
Door contacts
slomins alarm systems video camera
Video camera
slomins alarm systems decals and yard sign
Decals and yard signs
slomins alarm system keychain remote
Keychain remote

Slomins Alarm Systems FAQ

Is Slomins available where I live?
Slomins is located in:
  • South Carolina
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia
Is the Slomins security system professionally monitored?
Yes. If the alarm goes off and you are not around, emergency responders will be dispatched to take care of the issue.
Can I control the Slomins security system through my phone?
Absolutely. You can access the alarm system through a phone or tablet to view the status or make certain commands. There is also a downloadable Slomins app.
How to cancel Slomins security?
You will need to call Slomins directly for their cancellation policies.

Do we recommend Slomins Alarm Systems?

We recommend Slomins Alarms Systems for their affordable base package, complimentary initial equipment and smart home automation functionality. Several Slomins reviews mention the contract is too long for their liking, but if Slomins fits your needs and you don’t plan on moving houses soon, a long-term contract could be a good fit for you.

Slomins Alarm Systems Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We've had Slomin's for about 25 years and I have motion sensors, a fire detector in the basement and carbon monoxide detectors, which I’ve just replaced all over the house. We might be interested in doing cameras too. But Slomin's needs to take better notes as to what people need and what they want. The installation was a little shaky because I was at work and although I specifically told them that I wanted the motion detector put in the spare bedroom, they put it in the living room where I have cats. The motion detector was constantly going off. So then I had to bypass that zone and that was kind of yucky.

Then I couldn’t ask my father to do it again so I had to stay home while Slomin's fixed that problem. But then they left a big hole in my wall, which needs to be there in the first place, so I had to fix the wall too. The alarms should also have been attached to the window and to the wall. Instead, they had it so that you could easily pull it off. It was like Velcro and so my cats were flipping it with their hand and my alarm was going off. I told Slomin's I had cats and cats like to play with things so they shouldn’t have something that has a little wire either.

The other thing was that I needed to change something that everybody calls the delay from my side door to my front door. But Slomin's never made it the first time and all they had to do was come to the house and reprogram the box because I no longer had it where they could do it over the phone. My alarm kept going off because my phone line was always going out. So that wasn’t Slomin’s fault. But when I switched over to another company, I had Slomin's come in to put the delay from the side door to the front door and they couldn’t get to my house in time. I had to stay home another time just to get a minor thing. The guy who was coming in to do it, found out what was going on and said he was in the neighborhood but then he never made it there. The guy who did finally come, took five minutes to do it. So Slomin's needs some improvements along the way.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Debra, thanks for taking the time to review us online and for being a loyal Slomins customer since 1999!!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I was an ADT customer for 12 years. I moved into a new house in December of 2018 and I had an ADT sales rep come three times with a technician. They said that they could do the system then they couldn't do it then they could. They had to do upgrades and in the end, they tried to take out over $1,000 out of my pocket. I basically threw them out.

The radio show I listen to, Z100, advertises Slomins all the time so I made a phone call. The customer representative that I talked to was very polite. She gave me the contact of the salesman who would be coming to my house as well as a three-hour window. The salesman came right on time. He looked at everything and told me that I could absolutely use all the hardware that was already existing in the house like the window and the door sensors. He also looked at all the glass breaks and the basement sensors that I had and he was very upfront about how they might have to be replaced. He was able to give me a quote right then and there and I actually signed the contract before he left the house. I also took his advice to have the batteries of all the sensors replaced as he said that that would save a lot of time. I had done that the weekend prior to the installer's schedule. I wound up having 36 zones in total between all the windows and doors.

The guy who came to install my system was great. He asked me before he did the work and communicated while he was here. He used all the existing sensors and he replaced the ones that were not functional, such as the one in the basement. He also put in another glass break sensor, motion sensor, three fire sensors and two LCD panels. He was in and out of the house in less than three hours and everything went great. From the customer service rep to the salesperson to the tech, everyone that I dealt with from Slomins was very professional and communicated very well. They knew all of my expectations and they did a phenomenal job. I was very impressed. All three floors of my house are now thoroughly covered. The Slomins' app is also on my phone and my wife's phone, and it works fantastically. I have more features on my system and my monthly cost is right where I expected it to be.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Kyle, what an awesome review, thank you!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I feared being burglarized and I decided to get a home security system. I went online, looked at Slomin's and I got ADT. Somebody played with the website and I got really pissed off with ADT because I don’t like that. I called Slomin's directly. I have them at two houses and I remembered their number since it’s a fairly easy one. I got the salesman out and he went through the house. He and I agreed on where these things should be placed depending on how many I need. I closed one of my houses through the winter and I disconnected the telephone because I didn’t need it. With Slomins, you don’t need a telephone to call out to the central system. It works by WiFi. The installation was smooth enough and the technicians were very good. What I have with Slomin's is better than what I had.

In November, as I was closing up the house through the winter, I had the plumber come out to the house to drain all the pipes, blow out the line and put in antifreeze. When I was going to close up the house, one of the sensors wasn’t on. I called up Slomin's and I explained the situation to them. I begged them to send somebody out that day but they said they couldn’t. So, they made an appointment to send the guy out the next morning between eight and 10 in the morning. He never showed up but he eventually called. He said he couldn’t make it because of the snow yesterday. I told him that he gotta make it because I’ve already closed up the house. He said he was not going through and then, he made an appointment with me for the next Tuesday but I told him to come up on that day. I have no food, no heat, no water and no toilets but he wouldn’t come.

I called Slomin's and I complained to them. I explained my situation to the lady and she felt badly for me. She said that she would have somebody there that afternoon, which was really nice of her. Somebody else came up in the afternoon. Originally, whoever the repair guy was, he should be fired. He said stupid things and I hate stupid comments. In either event, I did get it fixed. It was a very simple one. The guy who who eventually came should be commended because he saw right away what was wrong and it took him five minutes to fix it.

The functionality of Slomin’s system is fine but there’s no consistency. I have one in New York City and one in Wurtsboro, New York. Though the two machines are identical, they’re programmed differently. I asked to have them both programmed the same way but they didn’t do it. I accepted the reason they gave me. They said it was more secure the way they do it but I have an older one and a newer one, and the older one is the way I like it. When you get to be older, you have done it in a certain way and to change is difficult. The change here is calling the police, which I have no desire to do if I’m not being robbed. In either event, consistency between locations is very important with the machinery.

I have on my cellphone my country house application, the app and I have the country house on it. When I wanna switch to the city house, I have to close that app and put in the other address, open that up, put in the username and the password. When I wanna go back to the country house which is where it usually is, I have to do it all over again. I have to close it and reopen it. I should be able to use the same application for more than one house and the more often that I use my flat, little fingers on this little thing, the more errors I make which frustrates me and I’m not in the business of being frustrated.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Arthur, we appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We got Slomin's security system as a preventative measure and at that time, it was a package. I was getting the oil from them also so we got a lower rate. We got a locked in rate for a couple of years on the oil. The only negative thing is that on occasion when the alarm goes off, they don’t call. That’s happened a couple of times. If you shut it off within a certain period of time, they don’t call you. But in six years, I’ve had no problems whatsoever. In fact, I had tried another system, which I still have, but it was such a rip-off. It isn't funny. It’s from Alarm.com and they were terrible.

I ended up calling Slomin’s and not only did they come, they also updated my system. After five years, they updated the system and the system is wonderful. They put their camera here and it works absolutely fantastically. So that was another thing with Slomin’s. They covered all of my issues. My price went up for like $5 but for me, it was well worth it just to have the cameras. I can also look at it on my phone when I’m out. It alerts me. There’s only one problem that I've had with the update. My key fob keeps falling off and I just got that. It fell off five times already and I’m afraid of losing it. I don’t know what to do about that. But they gave us two key fobs and it doesn’t happen to my husband’s. That aside, they’re very thorough and knowledgeable. They’re courteous too. And those are all important things. My last salesman was Anthony. He came from Slomin's home office and he was great.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Anne, We are very happy to hear about your positive experience and we appreciate you sharing that with us!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I was with ADT for about four years and I called them because I wanted to find out how I could replace the battery in one of my units. Their customer service department said, "Oh, no. We can send a technician for $49. And they can replace it for you." And I told them, "I am a long-time customer. And if you cannot do that as a courtesy, I don't want to be part of you." Also, their prices keep going up every year. I got tired of them. They're too big. I run a family-owned New York company, and I've known Slomins for a long time. I decided to say goodbye to ADT and I switched to Slomins.

The representatives at Slomins have been fantastic! The guy that installed it the system was terrific. He explained everything and he was so patient. My Slomins system has really good features. The app is very basic, but I would love to see an activity report like when the door opens or closes. I have a teenage son and sometimes, he lets his phone run out. I freak out when I can't get a hold of him because his battery run out. I will look at the phone and I'll know he is okay and that he is home. So, the report will be very helpful, especially, to moms like me.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Eliana, we will present your suggestion to our developers. Thanks for the positive feedback!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I loved that they were prompt and installed it exactly where I wanted and the installer #** was awesome and Friendly. Awesome experience and their alarm and camera and sensors are great. I feel safer at home and away from home and feel safer for my family and loved ones. Thank you Slomins and installer #**.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dear Mr. Arroyo, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and for the great feedback!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I love my new system, we got the driveway cameras and new keypad with the two apps on my phone. I can alarm my house from anywhere. It's not a sensitive as the Ring doorbell, but it lets me know when a bird flies by. Love it and it comes with a remote. Thanks, Slomins.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Wanda, thank you for the great review and congrats on your new system. We are very happy to hear how satisfied you are with your new security system!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Setting up the appointment for install took a little back and forth and some effort but the rest of the service has been great! Both installer and sales reps were very nice and knowledgeable... would still recommend given the fact that you need to separate an entire morning or afternoon for timeframe of install.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Gabriela Rolon, we appreciate the honest feedback and we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Thanks for reviewing us!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

John was very professional as he did the upgrade of my alarm & advised the best spot for the smoke detector. He was very neat & clean and put everything back in its place. He reviewed everything and explained the different features of my new alarm system. He gave me time to ask questions and take some notes. He was an amazing installer.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Celia Alicata, We are very happy to hear about your experience and we appreciate the positive review!

Resolution response: Sept. 20, 2019

Once I expressed my dissatisfaction on the deal I received from Slomin via the consumeraffairs portal, they promptly reached out to me. They understood the issue and made a few counter offers to me so as to address my concerns. While they couldn’t match the competitive deal that others had received, they offered a reasonable compromise. The field rep installed two additional sensors within the same price and also advised on the right location for these sensors. I don’t have any issues with their service now.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

We chose this service only because the previous owner had the equipment but we should have shopped around. I learnt from my friends that better security systems are available at almost half the price. Other people have more entrances covered and also get window smash protection for much less.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Gagan Singh,Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will contact you shortly for assistance. Thanks again!

Update 09-23-2019- Dear Gagan Singh, thanks for updating your review as this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. Should there be any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us 24/7 in Customer Service by dialing 1.800.252.7663. Thanks again!

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information