Call toll free
4.66/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures piece of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

667 Slomins Alarm Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I was given a date for installation. Only by my calling late that day did I find out that Slomin's changed the date without notifying me. A week before it took Slomin's 3 visits within 5 days to fix a leak from the boiler - which was originally scheduled three weeks out even with a service contract. If the boiler had been serviced earlier as requested and not given a date in February 2019 this could have been avoided.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Ed, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We will be in touch with you shortly to assist you. Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I liked the time I had to buy my oil from Slomin's. They made me a good deal from home security and I've had them ever since. However, there came a time when there was a problem with my system. They put in a new "brain" for it. I spoke with sales and a salesman came to explain everything. Thereafter, they sent a technician who did the upgrade. He did a very good job and I was happy with him. Overall, the cost of the system has been reasonable and I've been happy with the service. I recommend Slomin's.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Joseph, thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Both Scott ** your salesman and Walter your installer were very professional, easy to deal with and so far the service has been outstanding. The system is working as expected and I hope to be a satisfied customer for many years to come.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Michael, we appreciate your positive feedback!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Overall, I was completely satisfied with the installation and upgrade. I was disappointed when the upgrade was done, I only received one panel and keypad. With my prior system, I had three keypads. My expectation was that I would receive at least two panels/keypads; which would have been similar to my previous system package prior to the upgrade. I have been informed by Slomins that another keypad is $200+. So, if I am upstairs, I cannot hear if someone enters my home through an unlocked door.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Helen, thank you for reviewing us. We will contact you shortly to assist you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

SLOMIN IS THE WORST! PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING! My husband and I got Slomins when we saw they were new to the area. We decided to give them a chance even though in the past we used ADT. We immediately noticed that the equipment is was extremely faulty. The "touch screen" was ALWAYS off calibration. When we would touch the screen to put in the alarm code it would constantly choose the wrong number, therefore triggering the alarm! This happened all the time.

Additionally we received the code on the door handle (BIG MISTAKE). Although it seems easy and convenient the panel itself ran out of batteries ALL THE TIME! We would have to change it at least 3 times a month! If you wouldn't change it by the 2nd day then you were locked out! Unless you had a spare key to manually get into your house. The fine print was extremely misleading when we had to move. We called a technician to come out and move our equipment, they told us that it wasn't necessary and that they can easily move it. When we moved OUT of the previous house and called them again they then told us that it was OUR responsibility to move it ourselves!

After feeling distraught we called them to cancel, they said they would call us back SEVERAL TIMES, and NEVER DID. Our bill racked up to $1,200! They of course then harassed us for the money through the mail. We called and they did not care that we had issues in the past or that we were given incorrect information. There is NO empathy with this company, there NO correct information, there is NO consistency. Not only would I NEVER use Slomins again I will make sure no one I know uses this idiotic company. This is by far the worst customer service EVER. I can honestly say I regret ever using them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Alexis, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We will look into this and contact you shortly. Thanks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My installer Sal gave excellent service. He was professional, very experienced and very neat. It was a pleasure having him work in my home. He worked nonstop throughout many hours without a break. The finished product of the installation of 3 security cameras was perfect. And he set up our App and taught us how to use it.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Florence, we are very happy to hear about your experience and we thank you for sharing that with us!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I’m perfectly happy with Slomins. It’s my third property with the alarm system and so far I have no worries with their service workmanship or customer service. I have been a customer for almost 18 years. My parents and other family members has switch to Slomins.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Stacy, Thank you for the positive review!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Very easy experience for order processing to install to training to implementing. Neil my installing tech is a gem in the rough. True professional and very knowledgeable. The keypad is very clear and easy to navigate through the screen settings and operation. I like to check my phone for the cameras and motion detection of which is the main reason for the system chosen.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Ray, we appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Tech ** (Omar) did a outstanding job, he removed an old system and cleaned up around it. Once he was completed he explained the system to me since it was new for me. He also suggested something services that you provide that I will be looking into.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Safiy, we are happy to hear about your experience!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

System was upgraded to wireless and windows were added. We were also trained on how to use the new system and install application on our phones. The sales person, Owen, was very professional and the gentleman who installed the system was as well. He found an issue during testing and didn’t leave until he resolved the problem. We were very pleased with the service.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Michelle, thanks for the great review!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I’ve always had Slomin's for the last 20 years. I like the billing cycle of every three months and the price is reasonable. When my alarm goes off they immediately contact the police department. I called to be upgraded and they sent someone out who was very knowledgeable with what I needed. I can now see from my phone whether or not my system is unarmed. I didn’t have that capability before.

It’s a good service. However, sometimes they get things confused. I was a long time standing customer and I didn’t like the corresponding letters they sent. Two times I missed the payment, and they sent me a letter asking if I was gonna continue my services. The tone of the letter was nasty, and I felt offended. I told them, “You sent me such a nasty letter but you never sent me a thank you letter when I pay my bill for a whole year in advance.” That was one of the reasons why I decided to end it but they sent the gentleman to my house and I got a nice service and a nice price so I stayed. I gave it another try. There’s always room for improvement.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Wanda, thank you for reviewing us!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We are frequently away for extended periods and decided that we needed to upgrade our security system and add a freeze and water leak sensors. We have been Slomins customers for over 15 years and very pleased with their services but considered purchasing the sensors from independent sources. After much investigation and online searching, we called in Slomins to see what they could do and at what cost.

We decided to go with Slomins and are happy with the decision. The installation tech was FANTASTIC!! And the monthly increase was minor, mostly for the eco sensors. Our base system was upgraded with a new panel box, the fire/smoke detector was upgraded (included), all of the window/door detectors were checked, 2 motion detectors were added at key sites (added one-time cost), the freeze sensor and water leak detector installed. After the installation, the tech completely explained who to use the new keypad. He did not rush at all despite the fact that there was a snowstorm and he was probably looking at 3+ hour trip home. Overall, we are pleased that we did this and remain pleased with Slomins customer service.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Corinne, thanks for the great review!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The technician (installer) was very nice and professional. He took the time to fully explain what he was about to do and answered our questions. When he finished he trained us in the operation of our new system and made sure we had a good understanding of its function before leaving.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Randy, thanks for the positive feedback!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The gentleman that did our installation was very professional and thorough. He explained everything and went through the demonstrations. I am very happy with my system and this is the third one because in the order 2 instances I was promised one thing and received something else.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Lalita, we are happy to hear about your experience!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I wanted a new security system, and I liked the quality of Slomin's equipment. They also have good customer service and they're very responsive. The installer did a great job, too. I’m happy with the features offered with the system, and the smartphone features are easy to use. I like it a lot. I feel more secure since having Slomin's, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Joseph, We appreciate your positive feedback!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been a Slomins customer for nearly 20 years. My secondary keypad was acting up. I was first told it was a firmware update issue. I was then told that it was because local cell towers were upgraded to LTE and I would need a new radio. I was told the price was $150 for replacement but because I was a long time customer, it would be $27. I have the service contract, but was told upgrades are not covered. As a matter of principle, if they were willing to waive most of the cost, I wanted the full cost waived since (1) I’ve had the service for so long, and I didn't ask for the upgrade. I was told it was required.

My primary keypad, however, continues to work just fine. Even after indicating that at the end of my contract (nine months left) I’ll be canceling, the customer service rep advised me that his supervisors will not allow a waiver of the fee for the device. I asked for the file name for the latest firmware to compare to what I had on my keypad. The rep refused to provide it. When I asked how my main keypad was able to work but my secondary would not, I was given a run-around story about the radio - and that if I didn’t approve of the new radio installation, they would not send a technician to check the system for other issues. Just terrible when you stay with a company for so long considering all of the choices available.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Eric, We are sorry to hear about this issue. We will contact you shortly to assist you.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The two gentlemen did a great job, very professional. Overall I am one hundred percent satisfied. The system is very easy to use. They explained it to me very well. This is a fantastic product. I feel very safe with this product.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Friedrich, thanks for the awesome review!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I had my unit installed about 2 weeks now. Works great for what it is. They ran wires through the wall and did a clean job. We had one motion sensor, one glass break and the controller main unit. Might get some other stuff down the road.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Abdool, We appreciate your positive review!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Like upgrade very much because it more user friendly. I no longer have to change batteries. Also like the fact that I no longer have to clean the keyboard. This system has cleansing option built in. Also like having the delay option when you are entering or leaving just in case you are held up for a second or so. Vast improvement from the older system.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Carolyn, thank you for giving us this great feedback and star rating!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I was with ADT for about four years and I called them because I wanted to find out how I could replace the battery in one of my units. Their customer service department said, "Oh, no. We can send a technician for $49. And they can replace it for you." And I told them, "I am a long-time customer. And if you cannot do that as a courtesy, I don't want to be part of you." Also, their prices keep going up every year. I got tired of them. They're too big. I run a family-owned New York company, and I've known Slomins for a long time. I decided to say goodbye to ADT and I switched to Slomins.

The representatives at Slomins have been fantastic! The guy that installed it the system was terrific. He explained everything and he was so patient. My Slomins system has really good features. The app is very basic, but I would love to see an activity report like when the door opens or closes. I have a teenage son and sometimes, he lets his phone run out. I freak out when I can't get a hold of him because his battery run out. I will look at the phone and I'll know he is okay and that he is home. So, the report will be very helpful, especially, to moms like me.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Eliana, we will present your suggestion to our developers. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Very satisfied with the installation. The technician did an excellent job. Great workmanship. Great customer service. Help with any questions. Service is the extraordinary and the security is mind-blowing. Feel safe with an up to date system. No pressure sales call and the salesman was very efficient.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Lisa, thank you for the honest feedback!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Regrettably my phone did not have enough memory to support the app. viewing live feed from camera. Tech installing system indicated I needed an additional card. As I am 80 years old, not tech savy I requested he advise me exactly what was needed. He indicated he would get back to me. Have called today 11/5/18 for tech support/call in to R. ** rep who sold system, tried to contact tech (Anthony). Nothing. Need to know what I need to get and have tech service come out and install the remaining software on my phone. I need help.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Shirley, we are happy to assist you. We will research this issue and contact you shortly!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

The entire setup from start to finish was handled in a professional and courteous manner. The sales agent was the best! He made sure and my needs are met. I would certainly recommend the entire team to friends and family!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Latchmin, we appreciate your feedback!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We had Slomins for a number of years before deciding to move to a new home. We had gotten installed a keypad that was stuck to the wall which I could not remove prior to vacating the home. I had called Slomins on the day of the move closed my account and got a manager to approve that the equipment was not removable and I would not be charged for it. Subsequently I received a bill in the mail saying I had a balance due on the account. I have called 3 times and every time a new customer service rep reviews the case and says the account has been closed and nothing due after manager sign off. However the bills keep coming saying I owe them and now I have a letter saying they are referring me to a collection service. This after being a loyal Slomins customer for over 10+ years. Terrible experience that I am now very frustrated with.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Chetan, we are sorry to hear about this issue. As per our records this issue has been resolved to satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We've used tons of home security systems all over the country. We struggled first with people coming in, trying to put their systems here. It was insane because every time somebody comes in, we have to stay at home and wait for them. But this guy, Dave, from Slomin's, came in and he was brilliant. Whenever I do anything, I ask for him to come and be here. He really knows what he’s doing.

Also, the system offered to me by Slomin's is great. I have no complaints. However, to call them up, I have to go through this long series of choices, and I have to wait. All our previous providers would pick up the phone within a couple of seconds and it was a direct contact. There was also this one time that I had the alarm buzzing and I had people here. A friend who stayed with us called me up about it. Fortunately, we were able to turn the alarm off. But what if there is an emergency, and I can't get in touch with them? That's my big gripe. But aside from that, Dave was absolutely fantastic.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Paulina, thanks for the great feedback!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I’ve always had a home security system in the past, and with my experience with Slomin's, I opted to use them for a house I just recently bought. I called up to let them know I had a new house and wanted to re-engage and then we set up an appointment. The guy that installed the system was very helpful and he explained everything to me. He did the installation in two hours, he was in and out, very clean, and everything went well. I got the same features that I had in my previous home, and then I added one extra motion detector. I also liked the key fob and the app, and I might get those as well. Those are both definitely useful. Overall, it's a good quality system and I've had a good experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hank, we appreciate your positive feedback!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Everything went very smooth from signing a contract to installing and fixing the old alarm system to a real testing. Mr. ** the sales rep was great. He answer my questions and professional. Technician also was knowledgeable. I am very happy with service. Thank you guys.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Michael, thank you for the great review!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

We decided to switch to Slomins a couple of years ago. We read through the contract, or thought we did. Turns out we did not have C02 or Fire Alarms. We found that out when we had an alarm go off (standalone fire alarm) due to burning something. No call, so we called them and they said 'nope you do not have fire'. You can add it when the contract renews. Then we decided to cancel the contract and find out it is a 5 year contract. So buyer beware, make sure you understand it is a 5 year contract and make sure you specify EVERYTHING you want, do not assume anything with them.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Work was done quickly and without mess. My only concern is that I would have liked to have the doorbell camera installed but did not know that my doorbell needed to be wired. But the external camera works great.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

John, thanks for the review!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

The experience from beginning to end was very smooth. I gained a lot on information on how everything works. It was definitely very clean work as he moved around the house. I would recommend Slomins for anyone who would ask.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

John, thanks for the great feedback!

Slomins Alarm Systems expert review by Erin Raub

Get a professionally installed system with 2 package options for $29.95 and $42.95 a month. Systems have 5-year contracts and come with warranties. The company also offers heating and cooling services.

• Complimentary home review: Users get the benefit of learning what the security weaknesses are in their home prior to signing up for an alarm system, for no additional cost.

• Remote access: Users can access their alarm system and monitor their home from any Internet-enabled mobile device, such as a phone or tablet, regardless of the platform their mobile device uses.

• Central monitoring system: Slomin alarms are connected to a central monitoring system; if the alarm goes off and the user can't be reached, the company dispatches emergency services to the home.

• Protection against false alarms: Users can set up a password they can give dispatchers to cancel an alarm once it goes off.

• Customization available: Users can choose the features that make the most sense for their home, including remote access, home automation or live streaming of what's going on in their houses.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information