Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.52/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures peace of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

BOTTOM LINE

Slomins Alarm Systems offer an affordable base plan with excellent home automation features. The contracts are long, but the complimentary initial equipment makes up for it.

PROS

• Home automation features
    • 24/7 monitoring
    • Affordable pricing

CONS

• Long contracts

Top Slomins Alarm Systems Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

With the system, our sense of security is perfect. Its features are very good and easy to use which my wife loves. She was scared it was gonna be too difficult to understand. The pricing was great, too.

Closed on my house in the afternoon and the first thing the next morning they were able to install my alarm. My salesman was professional, knowledgeable and punctual. The installer came on time and did an excellent and efficient job as well. I could not have asked for a better security experience.

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

How does Slomins Alarm Systems work?

Slomins Alarm Systems professionally monitor your system for trouble, 24/7. Slomins home security provides professional installation services and estimates installation will take 4 to 6 hours. Included is the mySlomin’s app, which lets you remotely monitor your system.

Although there are fees associated with breaking Slomins' unusually long 60-month contract, the low monthly cost may alleviate this issue.

Slomins Alarm Systems cost

Beginning at just $29.95 a month and providing well over $1000 worth of starter equipment, Slomins is one of the most affordable home security companies around. Because the Slomins website does not have a specific breakdown on the supplementary cost of additional equipment and services, it's best to contact them directly for more information and a detailed quote.

Slomins Alarm Systems equipment

Slomins has several home automation tools, including controls for lighting, thermostats and door locks. The basic system comes with an LCD control panel, a motion detector, window decals and yard signs. It also arms up to entryways using door contacts. Video cameras and the Slomins touch screen keypad are optional and an extra cost. Other items you can ask about include water, fire, carbon monoxide and temperature detectors.

slomins alarm systems LCD control panel
      LCD control panel
      slomins alarm systems motion detector
      Motion detector
      slomins alarm systems door contacts
      Door contacts
      slomins alarm systems video camera
      Video camera
      slomins alarm systems decals and yard sign
      Decals and yard signs
      slomins alarm system keychain remote
      Keychain remote

Slomins Alarm Systems FAQ

Is Slomins available where I live?
      Slomins is located in:
      • South Carolina
      • Virginia
      • Washington, D.C.
      • West Virginia
      Is the Slomins security system professionally monitored?
      Yes. If the alarm goes off and you are not around, emergency responders will be dispatched to take care of the issue.
      Can I control the Slomins security system through my phone?
      Absolutely. You can access the alarm system through a phone or tablet to view the status or make certain commands. There is also a downloadable Slomins app.
      How to cancel Slomins security?
      You will need to call Slomins directly for their cancellation policies.

Do we recommend Slomins Alarm Systems?

We recommend Slomins Alarms Systems for their affordable base package, complimentary initial equipment and smart home automation functionality. Several Slomins reviews mention the contract is too long for their liking, but if Slomins fits your needs and you don’t plan on moving houses soon, a long-term contract could be a good fit for you.

Slomins Alarm Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: April 30, 2020

We bought the house about 10 years ago, and we had ADT. I wanted to get another alternative because ADT was getting too expensive and Slomins offered the best alternative in terms of the same type of coverage at a lower price. Their customer service on the phone is very good. In terms of response for alarms, they call right away and check on you. They make sure everything’s okay and they also make sure you give the password.

In terms of the sales, they're not pushy at all, even with the most recent situation where we got an upgrade. I was worried because they thought they were coming to upgrade and they were gonna try to charge me a whole lot of money. But I was able to get a brand-new system for no additional cost. I got all of the new things for our cellphones. We can cut the system on and off from our cellphones. So, I'm very happy with them. They're very professional and they exceed my expectations. I’ve already recommended them to neighbors, family and friends. I tell them that Slomins is very reasonable, and they’d be very happy with the service. The system is trouble-free. We don't have false alarms when we go away.

Original review: March 27, 2020

The only complaint I had was there was a very big mix-up with the billing, but Slomins straightened it out. However, it took two months to get it straight. The first month, they agreed there was a mistake made and they said they would correct it, and then I got a bill in the mail the next month that nothing was taken. It was $200 more than it should have been and then they adjusted it for the next month. That was the only problem. The system itself is fine. It's easy to work the keypad. I got more than I had from my last alarm that was set up. I'm very happy with Slomins.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Joel Epstein, thank you for reviewing us. We are sorry to hear about the delay in getting that issue resolved and we are happy that it was resolved to your satisfaction!

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
        Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Our old home security system was outdated. It was through the phone lines and we weren't even using the alarm. I was always getting a trouble on the alarm and if the power went out and something happened with the phone line, then the alarm didn't work. We got Slomins and we have no problem with them. We were very interested after the representative explained everything. Then, everything with the installation went very smoothly. The guy was very nice and he knew what he was doing. I have my mother here at home who has dementia, and she was following him all over and asking him all kinds of questions, and he was very patient and polite with her. He was very good. The features that are offered in the system are very good as well. It is even a much more user-friendly system. And whenever we had a problem, we called the customer service, and they came right out.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Margaret Tryneskj, We are always happy to hear our customer's feedback and we thank you for trusting Slomins for your security needs!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I had another alarm company prior to Slomins which was the first one and they sold out to another company. They never told me. So, when I had a problem one time, I called and they were not available. It was like a nightmare. Then I decided to get rid of them. I was without an alarm for two years until I was watching TV and I decided to give Slomins a try. They’re local. The technicians are all over here and all I had to do is call and they’re here for me. I love my alarm. Their reps are all amazing.

The people that came out to do the install were really very nice. I love technology but I’m not so good at it. So, they explained everything to me. I installed some cameras over here and I didn’t know too much about the cameras, and so my fiancé who's in the Middle East told me to send the information to him in order for him to verify to see everything was doing okay. The installer sent the information to Afghanistan. It was amazing. Everything was done exactly the way Eric wanted it. It was really amazing. And when the installer came over here, I didn’t have the one from the door. So, he was telling me and I said I wanted it. I am so grateful. And the cameras were beautiful. I am really very happy with the service from A to Z. It’s like they put all the great people and they put them to their company.

I was so satisfied and I was like so surprised because I didn’t know what I was getting into. I know we wanted the cameras, but my fiance and the installer got in touch with each other and I got exactly what we wanted and it was amazing. The system is amazing. I ordered something from Amazon, and I saw the guy coming in and he just came out here and put the package. Everything’s perfect. I check it in my phone. I’m waiting until Eric comes home so that we could put it in his phone, too. And I could not have a better service because Slomins tailor to my needs. Somebody sent in an email to Afghanistan just to make sure, “This is what we have and what we’re going to do.” That is over the step because I did not expected that. And Eric was so happy.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Maria Rivera, We appreciate your feedback and we are happy to hear about this positive experience!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Our cars were broken into about four years ago so we figured we'd have a home security. Slomin's is 100% better than the alarm system we've had before. They have more features and new technology now, and I like them. I also have cameras now for the driveway. Eventually, I'll get some windows added on. Their reps were very polite, very good and very informative. John came to the house and explained everything to us - the cost, etc. And after that, we decided to get the oil from them too. The installation team was very good. They explained everything to my wife and they went over the keypad. I like their smartphone feature too where I can set my alarm from outside and set it if I'm away and I forget. The cost, for the protection that we get, is very good. My wife feels safer now especially if I'm away, because I have to travel sometimes.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dear Dennis Lundy, this is great feedback and we are very happy to hear about your experience. Thank you for securing your home with the Slomins Shield!

Original review: June 3, 2020

I had efficient service and overall experience with sales and installation was good. I would recommend to a friend. The sales listened and helped us to find relatively complete and satisfied solution. And installation was quick and gave us thoroughly training.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I got a home security system for the protection of the two of us in the house, to make sure that our safety is there. We wanted to have something reliable. The people at Slomins were very friendly. We were able to read their lips and there was no communication problems. The installation was awesome too. The techs were wonderful and they did a great job. They were very patient until they were done that day and they had no problem explaining to me the instructions -- how to set it up, how to change the clock, and all of the user guide things. The system is excellent. It’s good quality, and their smartphone features are awesome.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Mark Trugman, we are very happy to hear about your great experience and we thank you for sharing that with us!

Original review: April 11, 2020

We moved into our house about a year ago and ADT was already there, which was fine, but they didn’t upgrade anything. We were new customers and were difficult to work with. I called a few companies and Joe from Slomins came over. He was great. The installer was here for two hours. He was super nice and set up everything pretty quickly. The security is a lot better than what we had for sure. It was nice that they explained everything to us and gave us what we wanted, not just what they had to offer.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Irene Koronios, we are very happy to hear about your experience and we thank you for trusting Slomins for your security needs!

Original review: March 25, 2020

I have had Slomins Shield for over five years. They are always professional, courteous and knowledgeable. I have been a customer for over five years and recently re-signed another contract and had two more pieces of equipment installed. The technician that installed my video doorbell went over and beyond for me without me even asking. I always appreciate the customer service and I know I’m in good hands.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Christine Hayes, thank you for your continued loyalty to Slomins and we appreciate the 5 stars and great review!

Original review: March 25, 2020

Great customer service from the initial appointment to the installation!! Friendly and courteous staff. The introductory appointment was fast, informative and Steve was very knowledgeable of the product. I would definitely recommend Slomins to friends and family. I give Slomins FIVE STARS!!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Andrea Liverpool, we are excited to hear about your review and we thank you for trusting Slomins for your security needs!

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information