Call toll free
4.23/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures piece of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More
Get your FREE quote now

711 Slomins Alarm Systems Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 12, 2019

I was an ADT customer for 12 years. I moved into a new house in December of 2018 and I had an ADT sales rep come three times with a technician. They said that they could do the system then they couldn't do it then they could. They had to do upgrades and in the end, they tried to take out over $1,000 out of my pocket. I basically threw them out.

The radio show I listen to, Z100, advertises Slomins all the time so I made a phone call. The customer representative that I talked to was very polite. She gave me the contact of the salesman who would be coming to my house as well as a three-hour window. The salesman came right on time. He looked at everything and told me that I could absolutely use all the hardware that was already existing in the house like the window and the door sensors. He also looked at all the glass breaks and the basement sensors that I had and he was very upfront about how they might have to be replaced. He was able to give me a quote right then and there and I actually signed the contract before he left the house. I also took his advice to have the batteries of all the sensors replaced as he said that that would save a lot of time. I had done that the weekend prior to the installer's schedule. I wound up having 36 zones in total between all the windows and doors.

The guy who came to install my system was great. He asked me before he did the work and communicated while he was here. He used all the existing sensors and he replaced the ones that were not functional, such as the one in the basement. He also put in another glass break sensor, motion sensor, three fire sensors and two LCD panels. He was in and out of the house in less than three hours and everything went great. From the customer service rep to the salesperson to the tech, everyone that I dealt with from Slomins was very professional and communicated very well. They knew all of my expectations and they did a phenomenal job. I was very impressed. All three floors of my house are now thoroughly covered. The Slomins' app is also on my phone and my wife's phone, and it works fantastically. I have more features on my system and my monthly cost is right where I expected it to be.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Kyle, what an awesome review, thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I feared being burglarized and I decided to get a home security system. I went online, looked at Slomin's and I got ADT. Somebody played with the website and I got really pissed off with ADT because I don’t like that. I called Slomin's directly. I have them at two houses and I remembered their number since it’s a fairly easy one. I got the salesman out and he went through the house. He and I agreed on where these things should be placed depending on how many I need. I closed one of my houses through the winter and I disconnected the telephone because I didn’t need it. With Slomins, you don’t need a telephone to call out to the central system. It works by WiFi. The installation was smooth enough and the technicians were very good. What I have with Slomin's is better than what I had.

In November, as I was closing up the house through the winter, I had the plumber come out to the house to drain all the pipes, blow out the line and put in antifreeze. When I was going to close up the house, one of the sensors wasn’t on. I called up Slomin's and I explained the situation to them. I begged them to send somebody out that day but they said they couldn’t. So, they made an appointment to send the guy out the next morning between eight and 10 in the morning. He never showed up but he eventually called. He said he couldn’t make it because of the snow yesterday. I told him that he gotta make it because I’ve already closed up the house. He said he was not going through and then, he made an appointment with me for the next Tuesday but I told him to come up on that day. I have no food, no heat, no water and no toilets but he wouldn’t come.

I called Slomin's and I complained to them. I explained my situation to the lady and she felt badly for me. She said that she would have somebody there that afternoon, which was really nice of her. Somebody else came up in the afternoon. Originally, whoever the repair guy was, he should be fired. He said stupid things and I hate stupid comments. In either event, I did get it fixed. It was a very simple one. The guy who who eventually came should be commended because he saw right away what was wrong and it took him five minutes to fix it.

The functionality of Slomin’s system is fine but there’s no consistency. I have one in New York City and one in Wurtsboro, New York. Though the two machines are identical, they’re programmed differently. I asked to have them both programmed the same way but they didn’t do it. I accepted the reason they gave me. They said it was more secure the way they do it but I have an older one and a newer one, and the older one is the way I like it. When you get to be older, you have done it in a certain way and to change is difficult. The change here is calling the police, which I have no desire to do if I’m not being robbed. In either event, consistency between locations is very important with the machinery.

I have on my cellphone my country house application, the app and I have the country house on it. When I wanna switch to the city house, I have to close that app and put in the other address, open that up, put in the username and the password. When I wanna go back to the country house which is where it usually is, I have to do it all over again. I have to close it and reopen it. I should be able to use the same application for more than one house and the more often that I use my flat, little fingers on this little thing, the more errors I make which frustrates me and I’m not in the business of being frustrated.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Arthur, we appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We got Slomin's security system as a preventative measure and at that time, it was a package. I was getting the oil from them also so we got a lower rate. We got a locked in rate for a couple of years on the oil. The only negative thing is that on occasion when the alarm goes off, they don’t call. That’s happened a couple of times. If you shut it off within a certain period of time, they don’t call you. But in six years, I’ve had no problems whatsoever. In fact, I had tried another system, which I still have, but it was such a rip-off. It isn't funny. It’s from Alarm.com and they were terrible.

I ended up calling Slomin’s and not only did they come, they also updated my system. After five years, they updated the system and the system is wonderful. They put their camera here and it works absolutely fantastically. So that was another thing with Slomin’s. They covered all of my issues. My price went up for like $5 but for me, it was well worth it just to have the cameras. I can also look at it on my phone when I’m out. It alerts me. There’s only one problem that I've had with the update. My key fob keeps falling off and I just got that. It fell off five times already and I’m afraid of losing it. I don’t know what to do about that. But they gave us two key fobs and it doesn’t happen to my husband’s. That aside, they’re very thorough and knowledgeable. They’re courteous too. And those are all important things. My last salesman was Anthony. He came from Slomin's home office and he was great.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Anne, We are very happy to hear about your positive experience and we appreciate you sharing that with us!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Back in 1999, I looked up a lot of systems and I saw that Slomin’s was a family-oriented company. Since then, their policies have stayed the same and they've upgraded. Also, anytime that I've had any questions, they've always answered their phones. However, there was a time that I couldn't do it anymore financially. But when I was financially able again, I went back to them because they're a company that is for the customer.

Their sales team was good. They were not pushy and they let me make up my mind. If I wanted an alarm at a certain place, they'd tell me okay but then give suggestions too. What I also liked was that they explained everything. By the time they took me as far as the installation, they asked me if I have any questions and then they took me to everything they were gonna do in my house and what kind of system I needed.

As far as their personnel coming in, they've been efficient and courteous. They've done their work and then cleaned up after themselves. The installer was cordial as well. He acted like I knew him for years. He went to the job and did it. Then, he let me go through the whole system, showed me everything on it, and explained everything about it. The installation was really fast because they used the same wiring from my old system. With the previous alarm on the doors, the installer just took those off and put the new ones up. We also had the one that was hooked up to the phone system which the installer took out and put the new one where that was. Then, I was gonna replace a bad door and they said they would come back and do it. And as soon as I called, a gentleman came straight on out and did what he had to do.

The alarm system is beautiful. It’s got a lot of features and it's excellent. I love the new one because it’s a panel that you just touch and the panel would tell you if you left the door or a window open. Wherever you have your alarms at, it’d tell you that. I can also arm and disarm the system on my cellphone, which I really like because if I forget to arm the system and I’m running out of the house or when I take the groceries or have something all in my hand and I gotta disarm the alarm system, I can do that.

The alarm also gives you a whole minute to get out of the door. Then, when you go out of the door, you can turn off the voice because when any door is open, it tells you which one it is. With the old system, it would be ringing and you've gotta figure out where it is. There's also a feature where you can push a button and Slomin's reps can hear what’s going on in the house without them calling. So, they’re listening on to check if somebody’s bothering you and it’s recorded.

Another thing I like about Slomin's is that when that alarm goes off before you even breathe, they are calling you. And when they do call you, they’re so courteous. They'd also ask you if everything is all right or if you need any help. When the alarm went off the first time and I had to call, Slomin's rep said that they didn't have a number for me to call the police station. The person that answered the phone on weekends, because they weren’t open, took all my information and forwarded it to the company. She didn’t tell me to call this or that, unlike what a lot of other companies do. She said she would do it and when I checked, the company had all the information. With the Slomin's system installed, I feel more protected. They're also a very good company that does not charge for false alarms and has a very reasonable price. I have told people about them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Angela, thanks for the great review!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I was with ADT and I wanted to switch over. And for years, my family had Slomins. The installation was excellent. An older man and a younger guy came and they were excellent. They answered all my questions and they constantly asked me. They were concerned if they did it right according to my standards. One thing that I like better about ADT was the keypad and I can turn the alarm on or off on the internet. But with Slomins, I like the setup and the price. Also, it’s cost-efficient. The payment is every three months instead of paying monthly. I like the features in my system and I like how the weather comes up on the screen. Also, I like where I can look and see how many times the alarm has been turned on or who turned it on.

I have the smart features of Slomins but it doesn’t work. It would constantly ask to refresh the panel or call the number. And every time I call, the people would tell me to refresh it or clear the PIN. I should have had an extra pad in my basement because I never go out in my front door. I come in and out through my driveway in my garage. I have to run through the house and it only gives me a certain amount of time to turn it off. The app needs to be tweaked to be better but it’s not reliable. I like having a keypad. It’s easier to just hit the keypad as opposed to having to go on my phone to turn it off before I go home, as well as going online.

For the most part, I like Slomins better and I love it. I get more with them than with ADT. I compare all the pros sometimes so I’m just gonna continue and stay with Slomins because I really like the features. All their representatives were wonderful and the customer service is good. They try to tell everything that they learned as far as the issues. So, they were telling me that a lot of people have a lot of problems depending on the cellular company. I have T-Mobile and a lot of their complaints come from a lot of T-Mobile carrier. They pointed that maybe it could be the connection with the carrier from T-Mobile as opposed to other people when it comes to WIFI and wireless. I was a little disappointed too because I no longer have wireless in my house so I wasn’t able to get the camera feature. I see the promotional on TV for the free smoke detector and I like that. I’ll maybe get the free smoke detector.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Bykeedah, thank you for your positive feedback!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 21, 2019

I got their service and wanted to terminate my contract within the first 6 months because I wasn’t happy. The alarm kept beeping at night, and when it did go off I was never called from the central monitoring dept. ADT is way better. Unfortunately they said I would need to pay them regardless and they were extremely rude. This past Saturday I was served with a lawsuit for $1500.00. This company has in house attorneys so they don’t care. They aren’t caring or willing to work with you. All they care about is installing you signing and goodbye. STAY AWAY!!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Annon, we are sorry to hear about your experience. If you'd like to discuss your account please contact us and request to speak with Rob our in house credit manager. Thank you!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Having a security system, we liked that you can see the video. The manager in our building had Slomin's. We saw it and we were interested. Customer service was pretty cool and the installers were very professional, friendly, and on time. They came in, made me feel comfortable, and gave me all the information. We just never got the welcome email and I had to call in because I couldn’t remember the passcode. Even with that, we still never got the welcome email.

I’ve also been meaning to call customer service because the doorbell is not working. It works on the outside, but when you ring the doorbell you can’t hear it on the inside. I don’t know if something disconnected or what the deal is with it. Other than that, my system works overall. I was in Arizona yesterday and somebody rang my doorbell. I could see exactly who was at the door and I love just being able to see who’s there. Also, you pay $46 upfront then pay monthly. I think that's pretty cool. They didn't ask for a bulk amount of money.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Sharetta, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was reading the reviews and Slomin's reviews were okay. That’s why I chose them and both people I dealt with, the sales rep and the installer, were excellent. The installer showed me how the system works, made sure everything was set up for me, and didn’t leave me until all my questions was answered. In terms of the features, everything is great. It seem to be working for me. The smartphone features are also very convenient. Those are the best thing about the system. The alarms also all work fine so everything is good. I can see everything in front of my house and also a little bit down the street. Slomin's is cheap too. It’s $24 a month.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Rafique, thank you so much for the great feedback!

Original review: May 11, 2019

I wanted to make sure my home was protected and I've seen Slomin's advertisement so I thought I would give them a call and see how everything is. So far, I'm enjoying it. This one also seemed like the most reasonable security system and so far, the price is really good compared to other home systems. It's very affordable. The guy, Don, also explained everything and was very thorough. He was also very nice when he set everything up. He showed me how to do everything and answered any questions I had. I will recommend this to a lot of people. Everything was good and I feel more secure now. I feel like I can leave my house without any issues – that if anything were to happen, I can rely on these guys to take care of it.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Deidre, thanks for the review and positive rating!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I had the Slomin's security system installed less than a year ago. They installed a 3G product and now need to upgrade it to 4G capabilities and is pushing that cost onto the consumer. How does that make any sense? This is the business you're in. If you have to upgrade, that cost should be on Slomin's, not the customer. When I asked the customer service rep why do I need to pay, she said "3G is outdated, look it up." Well, 4G isn't new. You shouldn't have have installed an 'outdated' system. Now it's either pay or be stuck with an outdated system that won't work. Would not recommend. They're crooks and hook you into long-term contracts, so I'm stuck. In the end, I guess it's my fault for trusting them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Tiffany Khan, thanks for letting us know about your experience. We will contact you shortly for assistance.

Original review: May 10, 2019

At the time when I thought I might need a security system, I heard about Slomin's on the radio. I called them and have been satisfied since then. The guy that did the initial look around and the installation guy were really cool and professional. The installer was here for quite a while. He explained all the way around about everything and made sure everything worked properly. He was good. I would have liked another window or so though. But the smartphone features are great. When I'm not home and someone comes to the door, I get alerted. I could see what they're doing and talk to them. Everything is working out fine. Plus, the system's cost is great. We're happy with everything and I've been recommending them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Robert, thanks for the great review!

Original review: May 7, 2019

I didn’t feel safe in the house without a home security system. I've seen a lot of Slomin's signs in my area and I read up on it. I called them up and everything was good. Anthony was phenomenal and very professional. We loved the way he presented himself. He explained everything in great detail so we're very comfortable and have no worries, whatsoever. I had a lot of questions and he had all the answers. Plus, he didn’t leave a mess. The guy deserves a raise. With the system, our sense of security is perfect. Its features are very good and easy to use which my wife loves. She was scared it was gonna be too difficult to understand. The pricing was great, too.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Sean Rivera, we are very happy to hear about your positive experience. Thanks for sharing that with us!

Original review: May 4, 2019

I needed a home security system and although I've used a different home security provider before, I wanted to try something different. Slomin's is a little more expensive than what I was paying but I like the wireless connections. Their reps came, provided the information that I needed and talked about my needs. The quality of the service was very good and I made the decision to go with them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

John, we appreciate the positive feedback!

Original review: May 3, 2019

Excellent service provided by Tyler our sales rep he is knowledgeable and awesome!!! I will recommend others to Tyler and Slomins! I love our door camera and security system! Works great! I look forward to doing continued business with Slomins!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dawn, that's great feedback and we are very happy to hear that. Thanks for reviewing us!

Original review: May 2, 2019

The technician was very professional. He did the installation in a neat manner. He explained step by step. He is even cleaned after he finished. He didn’t leave any dust or garbage on the floor. Keep up the good work.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Leon, thank you for sharing this with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: April 28, 2019

For the convenience of knowing that my house is safe, I decided to buy a home security system. Slomin’s, I thought, was the better out of all of other companies, so I went with them..Everything and everybody was good. They were very professional and the guy that did the installation was awesome. He was courteous, explained everything to me in full detail, and I had no questions. I also like the quality of the system and I have no issues with its smartphone features. All in all, I feel comfortable having Slomin's in my house.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Brian, thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: April 26, 2019

We have been with Slomins for many years. We called to get upgrade. Our salesperson gave us a rate of 299 for one camera and told us the doorbell upgrade was free. We are being billed 41.50 for a year. Way more than quoted. We will never recommend this company now. Once we pay off the camera. We will be canceling with them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Darlene, we are sorry to hear about this issue and we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We will be contacting you shortly. Thank you!

Original review: April 25, 2019

My system was damaged by a flood. We got it repaired and upgraded with a doorbell camera. It was done quickly and professionally. The salesman gave us a nice discount and the tech was very personable, efficient and neat. He also was very helpful with explaining how to use the system.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Kieran Egan, thanks for the positive review!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I've been very happy with Slomins. I was with ADT before and Slomins has been much more price sensitive. Their customer service has also been excellent. Also, the guy who came here to install the system was terrific. The system that I have has what I want and I'm happy with the features it has. It runs nicely like it's supposed to and it doesn't take much effort.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Paul, we appreciate the positive feedback!

Resolution response: April 26, 2019

Recently I had a complaint regarding customer service at Slomins Alarm Systems. I was promptly contacted by a manager from the company and he resolved the problem quickly and thoroughly. I am very pleased with their response.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I called Slomins today about audible alarms form our keypad for low batteries in 3 of our sensors. I wanted to know if I was to replace the batteries or was that something they do. After some questions the rep said they needed to send a technician out to upgrade the keypad for a fee of $60. After I questioned why I should have to pay for their upgrade he said it is in your contract. When I questioned him he talked over me and his tone became louder and "matter of factly". I felt his attitude was horrible. That if I didn't like the policy that was my problem, continually asking me if I wanted him to schedule a tech to come out as if the conversation was over and he was done wasting his time with me. I eventually hung up.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Ron, we are sorry to hear about this issue and we thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We will contact you shortly to assist you. Thanks again!

Original review: April 22, 2019

The Slomin's security system was already installed in the house, so when we were robbed, we had them come out and update the system. The experience we've had with the representatives at Slomin's has been really good -- both the first time we had the system reinstalled and the last time when the tech guy came out. The tech guy was excellent and he really helped me. He showed how to get the app on my phone. Now, it can be done off your phone and he made sure I really knew everything with the updated system.

I like the features and they work out really good. I am happy with the cost, although my bill went up $4 a month or $12 every quarter for the update of the service, which is really not that much cost considering what I have. I can program the system off my phone or turn it off or check it, so it is really a good service. The night we got robbed, I was going around and putting locks on the doors. We didn't have anything that night and I figured those people would be back, so I set the alarm every night and if I step out a couple of minutes and when my teenage daughter is home. I am secure about it then and at least I know what is going on.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Anne, thank you for the great feedback!

Original review: April 19, 2019

My fiancé (now husband) and I rented an apt together years ago. While I wanted ADT, he wanted to use Slomins so I agreed. We were only in the apt for a year before we decided to relocate? I called Slomins to let them know that we would be moving in 30 days and they told me too bad, I'm bound to a contract and have to pay them to get out of it. They wanted $1500 to exit the contract which we didn't have. I paid up through the entire lease and called again to tell them that I could not honor that exuberant amount for an alarm system. They told me that I should have read the contract thoroughly. Not only were they incredibly rude, but my co-worker had been in a similar situation and was able to negotiate an exit without penalties so they had options. Let's just say that years later, they actually put a lien on my husband in the amount of $1800 as a penalty for breaking the contract.

So on top of paying the monthly service bill on time, this works out to be an additional $150 a month on top of the base price. Who pays $350-400 a month for a few monitors in an apartment?? Pure rip-off and compared to what I pay now, $90 every 3 months for an entire 4 bedroom house. There are too many cost effective options on the market to be tied in contract with this old school company. Nobody does that anymore. It's a sign of pure desperation so my advice, steer clear. I wish I had followed my instincts and known that an ALARM company, not a bank, creditor or government agency, but an ALARM company would use mob tactics to strong-arm us into paying $400 a month AND put a lien on us for additional fees due to the loss of business, I would have run. Consider this a favor of what could happen with these thieves.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I’ve been using Slomin’s for years and I’ve always had very good service so I figured about getting a security camera. I was entitled to an upgrade, so I took it. The upgrade included the outside security camera and the new keypad. Joe, the person who gave me the upgrade, was excellent to deal with and I've known him for a few years. The installation was very professional. The camera and installation were not charged, and I pay $11 a month for the security camera, so I'm satisfied. I’m very pleased with Slomin’s and will be staying with them until the end.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Daniel, we appreciate the positive review and 5 star rating!

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: April 18, 2019

I installed an alarm system a few months ago and I pay monthly for monitoring service. When I got the system installed I told them I was getting a new basement door and they said no problem. And that they’d arm the current door and to call them when it is installed and they’ll arm that door for us with no problem. I just called to get the door armed and they want to charge $50 to put the pieces of tape on the door. I asked for them to mail it to me and they said no. Will be looking for another alarm company. They just lost a customer over $50.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Ken, we are sorry to hear about this issue and we will contact you shortly for assistance. Thank you!

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: April 15, 2019

I just called to make a payment. This lady Maria is super rude. Talks way too fast and don’t give you time to answer her questions or ask any question. What a disappointment. Looking for another company right now.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Laura, We are sorry to hear about your experience. We will contact you shortly for assistance. Thank you!

Update 04-17-2019- Thank you for your time today on the phone! Once again please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please re-rate us, thank you!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was a customer of ADT for years but they kept raising my prices. When I told them I was leaving, they didn't take it seriously so I found the next best thing. Slomins' customer service reps were very accommodating. Joe toed the line, helped me and got me a good price. The people who came and installed the system were very helpful as well. My system has plenty of features but I don't think it's great. It's very similar to the previous one I had, but then all home security systems are all very similar.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Thomas, thanks for the honest feedback!

Original review: April 9, 2019

The Slomins Shield System allows "Z-Wave Devices" to be added by the consumer but the devices then cannot be updated, modified or removed by the consumer unless Slomins sends out an technician for more than $80.00 an hour. That is completely wrong by allowing a person to install equipment when following the manufacturer's instructions for the device that was purchased, incurring no charge or fee and then charging to update, modify or remove the device. Slomins has set a proprietary password locking the consumer out of accessing the Z-Wave Hub for the keypad. All that is needed to update, modify or delete the Z-Wave Device is the touch of one button. The Z-Wave Device Manufacturers believe the consumer should have access to in order to modify the devices as it is stated in their installation instructions.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Mr. Rusell, as per our records this issue is being handled with one of our customer service supervisors Brendan. A service visit has been scheduled for 04-16-2019 at no cost to you. Should you have any other issues or concerns please make sure to contacts us. Thank you!

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: April 4, 2019

Was charged by Slomins to upgrade the system they installed so it would communicate wirelessly with their monitoring system. After they installed the upgrade now the system fails 3 times a day with a communication loss with the #1 keypad. They want to charge to fix a problem they caused. ADT offers a much better service for their customers and I'm sorry I switched.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dear Bill Nary, We are sorry to hear about this issue and we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We will contact you shortly in order to assist you. Thank you!

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: March 19, 2019

DO NOT sign a contract with Slomins. They NEVER told me I was 'binded' for 5 years with them. In the beginning they made everything sound so great but now there are more advanced and cheaper options available and all they want to do is sell it to me and charge me a monthly fee. You can buy the very same equipment and not pay a monthly fee. They are very rude. Every time I call up customer service and they NEVER want to help me, they always pass me along. I would of never signed knowing it was for 5 years.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Stacey, we are sorry to hear about this issue. We will bring this up to a Customer Service manager's attention to have this issue reviewed and resolved. Thank you!

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: March 15, 2019

Reposting my solicited request for review from Slomin's: Original review: No continued support of products unless customer pays for an ADDITIONAL service contract. Response: Reply from Slomin's Shield. An hour ago. WT, we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. As per our records, this issue appears to have been resolved with our Customer Service department. Please re-rate us! Thank you!

UPDATE: Although Slomins claims their records show the issue has been resolved, it has not. I initially called to have a technician fix my cameras. The technician who showed up two weeks later informed me he did not work on cameras, but instead had a work order to upgrade my alarm panel. Then I was charged $40 for the technician to upgrade my alarm radio because the previous model (which was installed little over a year ago) is obsolete.

Slomins then tried to charge me an additional $80 for that service, which I did not even request. Now my cameras still do not work, and they will charge me AGAIN to send a technician unless I purchase an additional service plan. I was asked to amend my rating, but if I were able, the only change I would make is to give zero stars. Alas, this is not possible.

Slomins Alarm Systems expert review by Ben Mannes

Get a professionally installed system with 2 package options for $29.95 and $42.95 a month. Systems have 5-year contracts and come with warranties. The company also offers heating and cooling services.

• Complimentary home review: Users get the benefit of learning what the security weaknesses are in their home prior to signing up for an alarm system, for no additional cost.

• Remote access: Users can access their alarm system and monitor their home from any Internet-enabled mobile device, such as a phone or tablet, regardless of the platform their mobile device uses.

• Central monitoring system: Slomin alarms are connected to a central monitoring system; if the alarm goes off and the user can't be reached, the company dispatches emergency services to the home.

• Protection against false alarms: Users can set up a password they can give dispatchers to cancel an alarm once it goes off.

• Customization available: Users can choose the features that make the most sense for their home, including remote access, home automation or live streaming of what's going on in their houses.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information