Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 165 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures piece of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 12, 2018

489 Slomins Alarm Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I’ve had a home security system all the time. I live in town and I needed one. I was dissatisfied with the previous company that I had and found out that Slomin’s had such a good deal and was more reliable. They’re much better than my previous one. The reps were very knowledgeable and polite. I was very satisfied with what they presented to me and with what they gave me. Slomin's also installed upgraded features and they did it very professionally. The cost is quite fair for what I got. The price was exactly what we discussed and they were transparent in what the system was supposed to provide. They gave me what I wanted and I got what they promised me. And they were up to date for what I requested. I would definitely recommend them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I tried to be understanding due to arctic weather but now I'm livid. Slomins came to my home 3 times to service heat/hot water problem. The boiler kept shutting down a few hours after the mechanic left. We did everything they instructed us to do via phone and had to endure close to a week without consistent heat/hot water. Earlier today, the pipe burst due to Slomins negligence of not putting our service as top priority. We had so much water flooding a recently remodeled kitchen. Thank God, our builder's got to home and cut off water valve. They provided fans to dry our kitchen and loaned us a few portable heaters. We had to call in a plumber to fix the pipe and it wasn't cheap. I have children and they could not go to school because of this situation. The whole family is cold, uncomfortable & have health issues.

Customer service tells us, "I'm sorry", "You are on the list", "We will get to you soon", "We cannot give a time frame" etc. Our oil was very low and Slomins was supposed to automatically fill tank up but got to us late. The boiler shut off and I called in for service on Saturday at noon. Meanwhile, my family and I are cold with no hot water for days. Shame on Slomins for piss poor service & charging outrageous fees! Update: No hot water/heat, Day 4, Tuesday, January 9, 2018 from a service call placed on Saturday at 12 noon.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Two days ago my son was home and he heard a banging noise from the boiler, and he call Slomins. They told him what to do, and today which is Saturday: in the morning I had no heat, no hot water, so I call Slomins: spoke to someone and she guide me over the phone and everything was fine, but in the afternoon the boiler start banging and the whole house smell gas. So I call. Spoke to Andrew.

He gave me appointment for Thursday, Andrew told me the banging and the smell of the gas, is not considered as an emergency, so he’s going to schedule for a technician to come over on Thursday. Omg today is Saturday, yes till Thursday!!! And he hang up the phone. I wait. The smell became worst. I call them again, spoke to Brandon, gave me an appointment for tomorrow which is Sunday. Brandon told me if I smell the gas I need to open my window, open my window! Is only 9 degree outside, till the technician come tomorrow, Slomins is one of the worst company, they only need your money, they don’t care for the customer.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Marie, service was sent. We appreciate your patience.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

We had another company before Slomin's and I had an open ticket with them for over six months. They never got a technician out here to fix my alarm system, so I cancelled and looked for somebody else. I heard Slomin's on the radio so I called them. I had Slomin's years ago when I first moved in to my home and I switched out because I was putting new windows and siding. At that time, we weren’t wireless so it was going to cost over $1100 for me to have my windows redone and I didn’t have that money. I had to find somebody else and a couple of months later, another company came in and they were wireless.

Slomin's is definitely a well-reputed company, and they have been in business for a very long time. The representative and installer were professional, the process was easy, and the price is fair and good. Having an alarm system is a good safety feature and I feel confident every day I leave my house so at night I lock up. We're pretty happy that we have the system and everything has been good. We feel confident now that a new company has taken our home over and hopefully everything moving forward would be as smooth as the installation.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Their home security technology is old. The keypad is huge. The sensors are constantly going out. Low battery all the time. They have awful response time. Alarm goes off accidentally and they don't even call to see if there was an issue. Boiler went out and I have 2 young kids. They won't give me an estimated arrival time other than within 24 hours. Now I have to go get a hotel room bc I can't wait any longer as house temp drops quickly. Worst company I have ever dealt with on Long Island. Customer service reps are useless. Just keep telling me "you are on the list". Can't answer questions with any quality.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

The installer that did our installation was awesome! Very articulate and detailed. He explained everything he was doing to me. He is also extremely neat in his wiring and installation. It’s great to see there is still guys that take their time and know what they are doing.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Shankar, thanks for the review!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Your mechanic Keith was wonderful to work with. Even there was a lot more work to do than in work order he got it done. Third day in there was snow on the ground and without complain still finished what needed to be done. System works as expected and up to now no complains.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I'm satisfied as a Slomin's Oil Customer - and was sold on moving to Slomin's for my home alarm system as well, but unfortunately, they've totally dropped the ball. Like the cable companies of years ago - they showed up over 2 hours late for both appointments. Worse yet - both appointments were unsuccessful in programming my system and installing some equipment. And even worse than that - they billed me for both work completed both times. One week later still no alarm service operating, and no response to two inquiries with their Customer Service. Guys - either get my alarm system done, or stop billing me!!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Rich, we are looking into this for you.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Waited 2 weeks for installation date. Technician arrives with completely incorrect work order. I spent 1 hour on the phone trying to clarify issue with Slomins. Turns out I was correct, order was incorrect...yet, no one bothered to call the technician to inform him what to install b/c he had to get changes to orders directly from manager. Technician installed complimentary window sensor when I specifically ask for motion sensors in my order. Lots of confusion... Long story short...customer service still hasn't confessed to their issue and hasn't called me back to resolve it!!! If I didn't have 3 years left to my contract I would cancel my service 1000%.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

The techs, Luis and Jerry, came to my house to install my alarm system. They were very professional and completed everything in a timely manner. They taught me how to use my system in detail and were very knowledgeable. Thank you for having such great employees working for you!

Pierre, thanks so much!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Technician who installed the alarm was great and personable. He was on time and professional. Any questions I had were answered to my satisfaction. Salesman was great. He went through all of the options and worked with me to find the best plan for me and my family.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Nicholas, we appreciate the review and feedback!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Alarm system has not worked since it was installed on 12/8/2017. It was serviced for three times-still same problem (beeping and ultimately siren goes on). I had a system for years, never had a problem. Just undo what you did and give my system as before. Called supervisor 3 times since 2 PM yesterday. Never got call back. Very very poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I was replacing my home security system and I tried a couple of brands but they were too rigid. Slomins was more flexible and I can set it from my cellphone. They're friendlier in adapting to what the customer wants and not pushing what the company wanted. It has the same cost and features as the other system I had. And the customer service is great too. They'd come when it’s convenient for you. One time, their rep came after I was off from work. He also lived in my area and he was very nice. He gave me a lot of information and everything that he said was true. He didn’t require any money down either, whereas the other companies say there is no cost but when they get in, they'd find out that they do cost something. The guy who came to install the equipment was on time and quick. He installed everything that the salesman said was going to be installed. We've had the Slomins system for a month now and the performance has been excellent.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Susan, thanks for the review!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

The company's representatives are thorough, professional, and most of all personable. I enjoyed the interaction. Every phase of the installation was completely explained and demonstrated. The new keypad is easy to use and fits my decor. Job well done, Slomins.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Anthony, thanks for the review!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Technician was very good. Showed up on time. We had issues with the camera as it seems that DSL wifi did not always cut it. It took longer than expected to get the camera to work. We were disappointed that we could not have the alarm programmed so that certain motion detectors stayed active and others deactivated in Stay mode. This makes arming the system for Stay mode more complicated. Customer support is excellent. We have been customers for 15+ years and 100% satisfied with the service outside of these few small issues.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Andrew, thanks for your review! And happy to have you as a customer!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

They put the service at my house, but never finish the job. I call few times, but nobody come. 10 months ago I stop making payment, and now they have a lawyer taking money from my account. First amount was over $400.00, and three months later take 1,910.43. I call the company few times but they don’t want to do anything. Worst customer service.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Flor, we are looking into this for you.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I have been a customer of Slomin's Alarm Systems for eight years. A rep was going house to house in my neighborhood and he came in and we spoke. I liked what he had to say, so I decided to take the system, the initial one. And then I did an update several months ago. What happened was, I changed my internet, TV and phone provider. I went from Verizon to Optimum. And once I made the change, my phone system no longer worked in sync with the Slomin's system. Besides, with the old system, whenever Verizon would cut the phone line for repair, the alarm would go off in the middle of the night and it used to be a problem. They called and asked what was up. I told them the problem was a false alarm because the phone line has been cut. We resolved it really quick. It turns out, the problem wasn't Slomin's. It was Verizon.

When I had the update, I called and I told them that I was entitled to an upgrade. So they did. I scheduled it and the service came and installed the system. The installation was done by the same gentleman who was here the first time. And in both cases, he did an excellent job. He's very patient with us since my wife and I are older and we're not tech savvy. He took plenty of time and showed us how to use the system, including remote arming and disarming. He also made sure the app was up to date. So far, I've been very happy with it since they did the upgrade. And now that the new system does not rely on the phone line, the false alarms no longer happens. In addition, I feel the monthly cost is still reasonable. Though it is $4 more than the old system, it's still around $35 a month. I know that my neighbor has ADT and he's paying a lot more than I am for pretty much the same service. Overall, I do recommend Slomin's Alarm Systems to my friends.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Robert, thanks for the review!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I got a home security system as a deterrent and to minimize break-ins. I had Slomins at my other building so I got them again and the installation was very simple. It took an hour to do. It’s wireless so there’s not much labor involved. I’ve had two technicians so far for this installation. And both of them have been good. The one that came today has been the best. Everything’s been good with their customer service as well. And the cost is excellent. Over the years they have risen in price, and then I call them and they put it back to where I was. Customer satisfaction is A-plus with them.

Compared to my older system, it’s finicky like all wireless systems are. The motion detectors are not so great but that’s industry standard. Everything else is good so far. I use the smartphone features all the time and I like that a lot. Slomins makes me feel better that there is something in place to deter someone to enter the premises. I highly recommend them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Brandon, thanks for the review!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

It would be helpful to your clients to let them know that the service people will arrive after their travel time which can be up two hours after 8am. To say they start at 8am is misleading. The installation was very professional. It would also, be helpful to the customers to have two people for a difficult installation.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Suzanne, thanks for the review and feedback.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

We were moving into a trailer in a sketchy neighborhood and I started googling alarm companies. I like Slomins friendliness and good customer service, and their rates were decent compared to some of the other alarm companies I’ve talked to. The installation was very easy, but it helped that I’m tech savvy, too. I feel a lot safer since having Slomins Alarm Systems. Although I can’t put myself in a burglar’s shoes because I wouldn’t do that, I would think that a burglar breaking into a house with an alarm would run as soon as the alarm’s set. So I feel like I’m more protected because of the alarm.

The Slomins team sent me a letter a few days ago with a form that I need to fill out to send to my sheriff’s department to register the device. Without that form, if the alarm goes off, the police aren’t going to come. They’re also going to fine me for not having the form filled out. And I don’t know why Slomins waited three months to send it, but I’m glad nothing happened in the last three months where I would’ve needed the police. But that was the only downside. It was a satisfactory experience, overall.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Donna, thanks for the review!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

We moved into a home with existing Slomin equipment and so we decided to call a rep in and activate service. A technician came to check if all sensors are working and to reprogram the unit with our information and walked away ensuring us that all Is well. From the day we started using it (today is 5th day), the amount of time my husband and I have invested to figure out the faulty system which constantly activates the false alarms and police visits has been unacceptable. Customer service was not helpful at all either.

Finally, I got fed up yesterday and told the associate that I want to cancel the service as I am not able to use it. He told me I cannot as I am bound by contract. But I told him that the contract is 2 ways- I am bound by the service that Slomins provides and if service is not provided, I am not bound by it. I repeatedly asked to speak to his manager and he did not connect me and finally he said he would ask his manager to call me. This was yesterday, Wednesday, Nov 22, around 230 PM EST. The current time is Thurs, Nov 23, 9:45 AM. No calls from anyone and faulty alarm system I am not able to use.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Jeness, thanks for the review.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Technician was very professional, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I was very pleased with the service. He put iBridge on both my wife's and my cell phones and showed us how to use it. I would definitely recommend Slomin's to friends and relatives who are thinking of installing alarm systems.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Sheldon, thanks for the review!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I am extremely happy with my updated security system. The installation was on time and efficient and I feel more secure in my new home. Had some issues with the app but customer service was super helpful and scheduled a tech to come to my home and assist with technical difficulties. It’s good to know that you can call and receive a plus one customer experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Lindsay, thanks for the review and glad to hear you are happy!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The Slomin's salesperson I spoke with was very professional. I was given the courtesy hold and the rep did some things and got back on the phone in a timely manner. Slomin's was early when they showed up and they beat me to the house. Everything went with ease. The installer asked the pertinent questions that he needed. I knew what I was talking about so I was able to show him to make his job a little easier. I had to leave him in the house for a minute for a thing, but I gave him my cellphone number in case anything went wrong. Everything went fine and I loved him. He was great, nice, courteous, knowledgeable and friendly. I have the key fob and if I forget it I can always look at the app and see that the system is armed.

I have a security storm door and I could always lock it from the inside but I never had the key since I bought the home, so I had a new one. Now I can take a trip and have that sense of security. I'm going to get a call or a text or somebody's monitoring my home and there's an extra sense of security where I don't worry. I even take the key fob upstairs at night so in case something happens, I'd be able to hit it and somebody will be able to help me. Slomin's system is a great piece. It has made things easy and I love the way the billing is. It's cheaper than what I had and their service is better.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Caprise, we appreciate the feedback!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Two cameras installed. The technician Joe ** did an outstanding job. The installation took all day. He was polite, patient and competent. He made a stressful situation much less stressful for me. He is the reason for the 5 star rating. The explanation of how to use the system was easy to understand. I appreciated his excellent work.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Merry, glad to hear that everything went well!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Took a day off of work for my Alarm Upgrade. Products on back order, forcing me to have to take another day off. This also happened a week later. Upgrading my vacation home. Took a day off and camera is on back order. Forcing me to now take another day off. So I am out 4 vacation days for my alarm system to be upgraded. I value my vacation time for Family.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Ronald, thanks for the honesty and feedback. We will look into this for you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

The service has been wonderful. The salesman Bill is very knowledgeable and funny, the technicians John and Rich were kind and respectful as well as knowledgeable!! The technology is advanced and easy to use, the price is great! Happy I chose Slomins!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Tabitha, thanks so much for the review!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

After 10 years of being with Slomins, we finally updated our alarm system and added video cameras to our property. We were very pleased with the representative that helped us update the system and with the technician that came to install it.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Christine, glad to hear that you are happy!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Good response - good service. I was very impressed with the professionalism of the person who came out to talk to me and the installation person who came out to upgrade our system. The price was right too... only a slight increase to add two window sensors to our house.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Julius, we appreciate the time to review us and your feedback. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

After replacing all windows in my house, the alarm contacts on the first floor windows no longer functioned. Service tech Omar (#**) traced all window wiring and reconnected alarm contacts to restore perimeter protection. Retested police and fire systems and retrained me in all system functions. Terrific job!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Erik, thanks for the review and happy to see everything went well!

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information

1923
www.slomins.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use