toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Slomins Alarm Systems

Rossana, we are happy to hear that no one was hurt in the fire and that Slomin's was able to help save your home from further damage. When you coworker calls please make sure that she has your account number. Once her system is installed you will receive a 3 month monitoring credit on your account.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Thank you for your professionalism, I will recommend your services whenever someone asks me about Slomins. There's a coworker Alana ** that will be contacting you. Last year I suffered a fire and if it wasn't for you guys calling the police my whole house would have burnt, this was told to me by the fire chief.

The installation was not completed. I am still waiting for my thermostat to be installed. I have called the company multiple times to schedule but I am still waiting. The installer came out on a Saturday as this is the only day I am home and I have been waiting for 2 weeks for someone to come back out to install the thermostat which should have been done the first time. This has been a huge inconvenience and I am not satisfied.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Donna, thank you for the feedback and we are sorry to hear about your dog.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Upgraded our burglar system. Very satisfied with the service and the technician. Job well done. We have been Slomins customers for a long time. Our dog recently passed away and we wanted more protection. Slomins price and service is top notch.

Resolution In Progress

Slomins Alarm Systems

Jim, sorry for the issue you are having to close the account. We will contact you shortly to ensure that this is completed.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

For the past month I have called customer service several times to cancel service because I'm selling my house. Every time I call they tell me that department 'unavailable' but they will definitely call me back. No one calls back. Each time I call, I'm on hold, then give all the information, and it's the same thing. I guess I have to cancel my credit card to cancel? Completely unacceptable and inconsiderate of their customers' time and money. I guess I'll go on to YELP and Twitter next?

Slomins Alarm Systems

Nicholas, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Our technician from Slomins was professional, friendly and fast. He got right to work and completed his job quickly. He showed us how to use the new keypad and answered all our questions. He showed up on time and identified himself. He was an A+!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Slomins Alarm Systems

David, happy to hear that the installation was completed to your satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Very satisfied with both the product and the installation experience. Slomins installation technician was extremely helpful, proficient and professional. He really took the time to explain the technical aspects of the system as well as optimizing the choice of alarm zones and placement. No pressure sales people and a painless installation made the whole experience A++. I couldn't be happier.

I received a call from your marketing department that told me they now give camera w/ free installation program. I called Slomins plus emailed my rep and got no response. The installation was three days prior to my call. Should get security camera and a callback. Let's see if someone will call me.

Slomins Alarm Systems

John, we appreciate the feedback and thank you for being a long time Slomin's customer.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I was very pleased with the work. Troy was very professional and very neat. He is an asset to your corporation. I have been a Slomins customer almost 18 years and I am always satisfied if I need to have some looked into.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Nancy, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My son checked into Slomins for me. It was the best deal that he found. The installer was very professional, and did the job very quickly. I was very pleased with that. I feel a little more secure since having the system and it's very easy to use.

Resolution In Progress

Slomins Alarm Systems

Nakita, sorry for the experience you have had recently. We will be in contact with you to resolve.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

A nice sales guy put in the request for new services at my home for the alarm system. The technician did not properly hooked up the system. He had to come back which inconvenienced me because I had to stop what I was doing and go back home. After days of having the service I noticed that after arming the system I would come home and the system did not go off or alert. It still showed that the home was being armed. The second time I called the customer service just to get an unempathetic specialist who in a nutshell told me that it was user error and ran tests.

Today I come home and again the system did not go off but clearly shows on because it asks me to disarm. This time I contacted customer service again without touching the alarm so that they can see it's not user error. Either the technician did not have a clue of how to properly hook up the system or the system is clearly failing me and my family. The associate was able to see that it was not user error and placed me on hold to schedule a tech appt and the call disconnects. Can you believe that he did not attempt to call back given the importance of the situation... This is ridiculous and I noticed that everyone who has said something similar has gotten their review scratched off.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Jeff, thank you for being a loyal customer.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

My experience with this upgrade was as good as it gets. Neat and clean and complete in about three hours. All of this was done at no charge using the accumulated points on my account. Slomins also gave me a central station monitored fire and smoke detector at no extra charge.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Maria, thank you for choosing Slomin's to protect your home and family.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

The guy that did the installation was very thorough, on time and cleaned up after himself. He was excellent. Overall, Slomins was very good and I highly recommend them.

Slomins Alarm Systems

John, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I have been with Slomins for many years. They provide great quality service at better than fair cost...Knowledgeable technicians and efficient telephone support. This recent upgrade was tough and the first technician made a minor mistake. But the second technician easily found the problem and fixed it. Tested everything and kept me informed. Nice...

Slomins Alarm Systems

Robert, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I've been with Slomin's for many years now. I've had alarm and oil back when I use to have oil so I've known them forever. I've had a very good experience with installing my security device. It was very easy. The service they gave was good and the whole thing was excellent. Everything went smooth.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Linda, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We had the old Honeywell before but Slomins is very good in comparison. We got Slomins due to its reputation and my acupuncturist and my massage therapist said that the company was good. They also knew Billie Jean who's part of their women's Wednesday business group and who's worked with different companies, and Slomins is one that she recommended. Installation was very easy. Everything went very smoothly surprisingly. Everybody was absolutely knowledgeable and I was overwhelmed because there was so much information to take in but the workers couldn't have been any nicer. With the Slomins system, we feel a lot safer in our own home. We highly recommend Slomins. It's a new system for us but we're very impressed so far. It's a very pleasant experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joyce, thank you for being a oil and alarm customer.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

My old oil company wouldn't give me a good oil price for a fixed rate so, I shopped on and I spoke to my neighbor who's very happy with Slomin's. I got both their oil and the alarm system. I feel confident because they're a big company. I've had to call them once and they advised me on what to do and no problems there. I've been very happy with their pricing and I'm very satisfied with their service. I would recommend them to anybody and in fact, I already have.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Corey, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I heard about Slomin's through a referral. We customized our package and it's the first alarm system that I put in myself and have I've been using it for a couple of months now. The whole experience with the company, as well as the sales rep, was great. They worked with me on everything that I needed, including the service and installation, and went above and beyond to make everything look nice and to make me happy. The system is very simple to use and has made my life very easy as I turn the alarm on and off through my cellphone. I was very satisfied with the experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joe, thank you for the feedback and if you have any problems please give us a call at 516-932-7000.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

The salesman was real easy to talk to and the tech that installed the security system was a very well trained professional. The installation was very nicely done. With the system installed, I now sleep better at night. Also, the oil that I get from Slomins is of much better quality and my burner runs much better so I don’t have to service it as often. Overall I’m very satisfied. Sometimes, the camera doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to and I have to reset it at the modem. But I don’t know if that’s Slomins' glitch or the modem box’s glitch.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Danielle, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Slomins Alarm System was great. The guy who gave us the estimate knew his stuff. He wasn't trying to sell extra stuff which was good. During the installation the guy from Slomin's was informative too. Overall, they're fast and reliable.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Jan. 17, 2017

The rep came the next day. Quick response from management to resolve.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Chrissy, I apologize for missing the appointment and we will be in contact with you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

We are a long time Slomins oil customers, we were very interested in the security system. We had the appt all set up, and no one bothered to show or even a courtesy call. Very disappointed, that's poor business.

Factual basis uncertain

For years I thought my home was secure. When I traveled overseas I had eliminated long distance and was not protected because their alarm company was in the mid west. After days of calling no one could or would explain I was not monitored. I found out why. Terminated the service and they continued to Bill me and send menacing letters. They went sneaky and got a judgement against me and got over $800 off me for services not rendered claiming I violated the contract and terminated it early charging additional fees.

The state attorney general needs to take a look at crooked, sneaky corporations perpetrating a fraud and acting so noble deceiving people. I don't know how many times I tried to get Slomins to do the right thing. They did not want to lose a dime and cheated. I am here to tell people the Slomins shield only protects Slomin. I was told I couldn't recover the money even if I was not aware of the judgement. So much for justice.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Vincent, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

The Slomins sales guys came as promised and kept their appointment. They immediately gave us a quote and everything was done according to the quote. They were very courteous and efficient. Their installation team was excellent. They had to go through a conversion to convert my existing system to work with their monitoring system and they knew what they were doing and were very clean, efficient and courteous. They paid attention to detail. It's just been two weeks and I don’t have any problems with their service so far. I had an excellent experience with them. They completed everything as promised. I would definitely recommend Slomin's to other people.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Frank, thank you for being a Slomin's oil and alarm customer.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I used ADT before and I was having some issues. The techs came in to change stuff and they did not make things function so I got rid of it.I have Slomins oil and they came by one night and said they would take over. I was hesitant but it worked out great. Between the two companies, Slomins is the hands-down much better experience with them. There was one hiccup in the installation of the device but when I called, they were able to fix it right away. Then the team called me because there was an issue with the permit for the police department. I had an expired permit and they put the new permit through the system but the police department got it late. I called Slomins back and we rectified the situation very quickly. I feel a lot safer and secure having the alarm system in the house.

I had an overly friendly saleswoman, Marion, who sold me this $5k system, as a first time homeowner. It was installed by a brand new technician who had never worked on a real home before and was not accompanied by a senior technician. The technician took 12 hours to install and then it failed the test. From that point on, it never worked. Customer service sent multiple technicians who simply couldn't get it to work properly. I escalated to supervisors who sent senior technicians and nobody could get it to work.

I invested a lot of money and feel cheated with a failed, expensive system that was supposed to protect my home. I feel compelled to speak my mind, while this was several years ago, I can't help looking at the equipment every day and think about the lost money on equipment and service fees that was wasted. I welcome Slomins to speak with me to find a way to remunerate this unfortunate circumstance for me, as a highly dissatisfied customer.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Ralph, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I had Slomin’s for several years prior to my recent upgrade and my experience with them has been excellent. The system is exactly what I asked for and it works very well. I’m very satisfied. I also like the price and the installation was excellent. The service tech who came took his time and made sure everything worked properly. He was very helpful, cordial, and polite. He was very good and took care of everything.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Waldo, sorry for the issues you are having with the cameras. We we contact you to try and resolve the problems.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I have 3 new cameras installed and to date I have yet to have all 3 cameras working on a daily basis! This install has been a nightmare and I regret getting these cameras. I have had to call Customer Service on numerous occasions and on 1/4/2017 the notes were placed in my account that they called me back which is a lie! I have no message on my cell or home phone, however the cameras did magically start to work towards that evening. This is by far the worse experience and I will be calling again to find out about a de-activation!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Have been a loyal customer for 7 years and asked to have my system upgraded so I could do remote arm and disarm and have a keypad added in the master bedroom. When Tech starts to do install I find out that it is the same system just adding additional keypad and radio module, not what I thought I was getting to extend service 36 months... Whatever. Will deal with it for the next year or so.

That night keypad and radio goes into reprogram mode 2 times in middle of night and again the next several days. Now it also shows an E03 code that will stay in trouble for several days and just reset itself along with the keypad. I have had a Tech out here 4 different times now to "FIX" this and it is still not fixed... The Tech today just gave me the runaround and said nothing is wrong with the system. I have taken off work a total of 5 days now to wait for them to fix the issue with no resolution still. When you call Customer Service you just get the runaround! I would not recommend Slomins at this point which is a sham because we never had an issue with them prior to Dec 15th.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Natasha, happy to hear about your positive experience.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The installation of my Slomins security device was excellent. Their installation team was on time and explained everything thoroughly so I wasn’t surprised by anything. I also had a very positive experience when they sold me the product. They are very customer service friendly and explained a lot of stuff. So far, it's been a great experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Franco, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Liked my salesperson... He made the process smooth and easy. Explained everything thoroughly. My installation tech was great as well. Very friendly and knowledgeable. He came on time, knew what he was doing, and worked diligently to install my system and install it correctly! The only negative is the company never call to confirm my appointment so I had to rush home because the tech was waiting for me to arrive. He was on time though! Slomins though should offer more incentives to NEW customers though.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Feb. 17, 2017

Slomins offered cameras at the time of sale, which is what I wanted. They did not tell me until installation that the cameras only worked 30 feet, later they offered to install the kind of cameras I needed for over 2000 dollars. I took the cameras that worked for 30 feet and had another company install the kind I needed when I first called Slomins. Slomins staff did try to work with me and all the installers, salesmen and customer service people are very nice and hard working. The policies of the company should be rethought, though.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

While the installer was great, hard working and professional, I am concerned. I feel I was given an installation date before Christmas only after I complained, even though I only said yes to the whole package because I needed outside cameras. Even though I called to confirm and I was told he was on his way, I got an expected call to say there was a problem with his truck. I said I needed someone before Christmas and it seemed they finally sent someone but never had it scheduled. It was too dark for installing outside cameras.

Bottom line, when I came home from Christmas neighbors told by the police to stay away from my property were parked right outside my door. They walked their dog near my new fence all weekend and an old rusty sewer cap was left on my lawn right where they parked. I specifically said I needed cameras for the perimeter of my property (about an acre). When I made the arrangement for the second installation of cameras I was told cameras don't record motion far enough for what I want. That is not what I was told when I bought the package, and it also depends on where the cameras were placed, 3 or 4 very good cameras well placed would do the job.

I only wanted and desperately needed cameras for outside and now I have to wait until Jan 5 to find out if they will a) send enough and b) be quality cameras that actually record when motion is detected. Funny my neighbors in question bought their own camera that takes pictures of me right outside my door, not their own property, but Slomins' security has never heard of such cameras? They need to do research and buy 4 by Jan 5 or they will be in court for coercing me into a 5 year contract for a service that is not what I asked for. Again, the installer and salesmen were great, but I am suspicious already, and I have neighbors told by the police to stay away filming me and walking and vandalizing all over my property.

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Profile