Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.14/5

Alder Security offers home security systems for those who want basic coverage. It’s also known for its fast response times. The basic package is affordable and offers a nice line of equipment. Alder bills itself as a simple home solution that doesn’t go over the top in terms of the latest and most technologically involved equipment.

BOTTOM LINE

Alder Security offers affordable basic plans for medical emergencies and break-ins. Its cancellation process might not be the simplest, but we like its quick responses and options for DIY and professional installation.

PROS

• Fast response time
  • Affordable plans
  • Professional and DIY installation

CONS

• Difficult cancellation process
  • Pricing not available on website
Alder Security Call Now Toll Free (866) 246-2108 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

What is Alder Security?

Alder Security is a company that specializes in easy-to-install, high-quality home security systems at low prices. The company emphasizes the plug-and-play design, which makes it simple for homeowners to install on their own with no rewiring or drilling. The company provides 24/7 monitoring based in the U.S. and also offers safety features like smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, flood and freeze sensors and medical alert pendants. It sends instant alerts to your phone.

How does Alder Security work?

With Alder, you can opt for either DIY or professional installation. Alder Security also has an app that allows you to control and monitor your system. If needed, Alder can provide a medical alert pendant, a small device that integrates with your Alder system — when pushed, it alerts emergency services for help. If you’re worried about the speed in which help arrives, Alder claims an average response time of 3.4 seconds or less. We should note that some Alder security reviews mention the difficulty of canceling Alder home protection, though.

How much does Alder Security cost?

Equipment pricing is not available directly on Alder’s website, but you can fill out a short form online to receive a quote for equipment from Alder Security. For a basic security plan with a control panel, two entry sensors, glass break sensors and a motion sensor for a small home, you can expect to pay about $49 to start service and $39.99 monthly.

Alder Security equipment

An Alder Security system setup is an uncomplicated three-step process. Although it doesn’t supply much extraneous equipment or many home automation options, it does offer security cameras for both indoors and outdoors, as well as Amazon Echo compatibility. If you're looking for something simple, Alder might be the right choice. Equipment offered by Alder Security includes:

alder security touchscreen panel
Touch-screen panel
alder security fire detector
Fire detector
alder security key remote
Key remote
alder security indoor and outdoor cameras
Indoor and outdoor cameras
alder security medical button
Medical button
alder security door and window sensors
Door and window sensors

• Medical pendant
  • Medical button
  • Key remote

Alder Security installation

Although Alder Security has a professional installation option, it also has a simple DIY option. To set up the system yourself, all you have to do is plug in and program the touch panel, place the sensors in the correct location, put the Alder sign in your lawn and download the Alder Security app. If there are any issues, Alder support is available online or by phone.

Alder Security FAQ

Does Alder have security cameras?
Yes, Alder Security offers both indoor and outdoor cameras.
Can renters get an Alder security system?
Yes, Alder’s systems are available for homeowners, renters and commercial properties.
How do you install Alder security systems?
Alder offers both professional and DIY installation options. If you choose to install the equipment yourself, you can plug in the equipment and get the system working in minutes.
Where is Alder Security based?
Alder Security is based in Orem, Utah, and serves the U.S. exclusively.

Is Alder Security good?

Yes. We think Alder Security is a good choice for those who want a basic system — it’s known for its simplicity and response times, and its medical alert pendant is another solid reason to consider the company. Just make sure you’re comfortable with its pricing and equipment, as canceling may be difficult. Alder Security also has a “Verify Rep” feature that lets callers ask to enter a rep’s badge number on the company website to make sure the person really works for Alder.

Alder Security Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alder Security?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alder Security?

Original review: March 20, 2021

My mother died in December 2020, 10 days shy of her 83rd birthday. We discovered that she had some kind of "security" system with Alder, where they charged her $50 a month for a system that seemed to do no more than tell her when a door was open. We called almost immediately to cancel the service. They refused to discuss anything without my late mother's pass code, which was buried with her. When we finally were in possession of a code that was supposed to allow them to speak with us, they refused to discuss cancellation and transferred us to another department. That department also refused to say anything, other than to say the "request" for cancellation would be "reviewed." Little did we know they had already referred my mother to a debt collector, as a day later we received a letter demanding more than $2400!

Apparently, upon learning that my mother was dead, they immediately sent the case to collection. We have never seen a copy of the contract my mother allegedly agreed to, but based on the amount demanded it appears she was approached by Alder just prior to her 82nd birthday. There is no way my elderly mother would have knowingly agreed to a five-year contract that could not be cancelled even at death. The only explanation is misrepresentation and exploitation of the elderly. This company lacks and scruples and attorney generals across the nation need to take notice and take action to stop them from continuing to prey upon vulnerable older Americans like my mother. They are a disgrace.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Absolutely, under no circumstances do I recommend this company! We signed up for their security system on July 5, 2017. In October 2018, we bought a new home. After moving, our 2 choices with Alder were to re-sign a new 60-month contract or buy out of our contract at almost $3,000. Awesome choices, huh? Once we moved in to our new home, it took them 2 months... Yes, I said 2 MONTHS to send a technician out to install our system. Not only did we have to go buy temporary fire and carbon monoxide alarms, we had to pay our monthly fee even though we weren't receiving their services.

Fast forward a year and my family was on vacation when our fire alarm went off. Alder called and dispatched the fire department TO OUR OLD ADDRESS!!! For an entire year they hadn't updated our address in the security department. Oh, you can bet they had updated our address in their billing department though! Thankfully, the fire alarm was a false alarm (which happens FREQUENTLY) otherwise we would've lost our house. So now what we're left with, is a subpar security system with no cameras for the next 3 years. Do NOT make the same mistake we did!!!

Original review: July 27, 2020

I am a current customer and my wife and I are extremely unsatisfied with the product. Since I have bought into your program I have constantly had to call to get things fixed with regard to the panel. After finally having the product for 3 weeks, I called to cancel my contract. Now, I'm told that because my contract started on the day of me signing the contract as oppose to when I actually received and started the service, which was a week after, I am no longer eligible to opt-out of the program unless I pay $2,769.52 (90%). So, the company wants me to pay for a service that never fully worked (the calls have been recorded at your company as proof) and you all think this is how good customer service is rendered? If I have faulty system and my family feels unsafe how can I continue paying for a service that has failed?

Original review: July 30, 2019

Stuck with a bad contract. Alarm hasn't been activated since Hurricane Harvey. The alert to my email says "low battery" and the alarm isn't hooked up at all. Customer service very poor. Never try to get results over the phone.

Alder Security Company Information