4.0/5 (89 ratings)
Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About Alder Security

Alder Security offers home security systems for those who want basic coverage. It’s also known for its fast response times. The basic package is affordable and offers a nice line of equipment. Alder bills itself as a simple home solution that doesn’t go over the top in terms of the latest and most technologically involved equipment.

Pros

• Fast response time
    • Affordable plans
    • Professional and DIY installation

Cons

• Difficult cancellation process
    • Pricing not available on website

Bottom Line

Alder Security offers affordable basic plans for medical emergencies and break-ins. Its cancellation process might not be the simplest, but we like its quick responses and options for DIY and professional installation.

What is Alder Security?

Alder Security is a company that specializes in easy-to-install, high-quality home security systems at low prices. The company emphasizes the plug-and-play design, which makes it simple for homeowners to install on their own with no rewiring or drilling. The company provides 24/7 monitoring based in the U.S. and also offers safety features like smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, flood and freeze sensors and medical alert pendants. It sends instant alerts to your phone.

How does Alder Security work?

With Alder, you can opt for either DIY or professional installation. Alder Security also has an app that allows you to control and monitor your system. If needed, Alder can provide a medical alert pendant, a small device that integrates with your Alder system — when pushed, it alerts emergency services for help. If you’re worried about the speed in which help arrives, Alder claims an average response time of 3.4 seconds or less. We should note that some Alder security reviews mention the difficulty of canceling Alder home protection, though.

How much does Alder Security cost?

Equipment pricing is not available directly on Alder’s website, but you can fill out a short form online to receive a quote for equipment from Alder Security. For a basic security plan with a control panel, two entry sensors, glass break sensors and a motion sensor for a small home, you can expect to pay about $49 to start service and $39.99 monthly.

Alder Security equipment

An Alder Security system setup is an uncomplicated three-step process. Although it doesn’t supply much extraneous equipment or many home automation options, it does offer security cameras for both indoors and outdoors, as well as Amazon Echo compatibility. If you're looking for something simple, Alder might be the right choice. Equipment offered by Alder Security includes:

alder security touchscreen panel
    Touch-screen panel
    alder security fire detector
    Fire detector
    alder security key remote
    Key remote
    alder security indoor and outdoor cameras
    Indoor and outdoor cameras
    alder security medical button
    Medical button
    alder security door and window sensors
    Door and window sensors

• Medical pendant
    • Medical button
    • Key remote

Alder Security installation

Although Alder Security has a professional installation option, it also has a simple DIY option. To set up the system yourself, all you have to do is plug in and program the touch panel, place the sensors in the correct location, put the Alder sign in your lawn and download the Alder Security app. If there are any issues, Alder support is available online or by phone.

Alder Security FAQ

Does Alder have security cameras?
    Yes, Alder Security offers both indoor and outdoor cameras.
    Can renters get an Alder security system?
    Yes, Alder’s systems are available for homeowners, renters and commercial properties.
    How do you install Alder security systems?
    Alder offers both professional and DIY installation options. If you choose to install the equipment yourself, you can plug in the equipment and get the system working in minutes.
    Where is Alder Security based?
    Alder Security is based in Orem, Utah, and serves the U.S. exclusively.

Is Alder Security good?

Yes. We think Alder Security is a good choice for those who want a basic system — it’s known for its simplicity and response times, and its medical alert pendant is another solid reason to consider the company. Just make sure you’re comfortable with its pricing and equipment, as canceling may be difficult. Alder Security also has a “Verify Rep” feature that lets callers ask to enter a rep’s badge number on the company website to make sure the person really works for Alder.

Alder Security Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alder Security?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alder Security?

Original review: May 1, 2021

Any questions I had were answered right away or if the reps didn't know the answer, they looked it up and got back to me in a timely fashion. We did the installation through the app and it was easy. My wife and I were able to do it and my 13-year-old son was able to successfully do the cameras. We're highly enjoying the Alder security system. Each day, my wife is finding something new that she’d do through the app, to arm and disarm it. We feel a lot more at ease and a lot more settled in now that we have the security. We're also able to get the alerts on our phone every time a vehicle drives by the house.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I needed a system that I could watch the front of my store without it blinking out and then asking me if I was still watching. I can lose tons of merchandise by that blinking out if I can't see the front. So I chose to go with Alder Security. My salesperson was wonderful. But it took so long to get everything. When I asked them for a technician to come out because I really didn't understand it, they wouldn't send a technician out. If a new customer requests something like that, they should just go ahead and have their technician come out and go over it with their new customer instead of a lot of headaches. It makes them more reputable. But they just said that I could do it myself.

I ended up calling the 1-800 number for technical support. A couple of other gentlemen were very nice, patient and walked me through it. It may take a couple of tries to get the system together but other than that, it's fine. It's a good system and I like it. You can actually see everything that goes on and it doesn't blink out.

Original review: April 27, 2021

The customer service was excellent, but the security system itself is really annoying. I don't really care for it because every time I touch it, it goes off. The police have come to my house three times while I was trying to set it up. But the customer service helped me figure out how to set it up to where if I move it, it doesn't go off. But for some reason, it reverted back to something. Everything else is great, though. I put up the system by myself and it was simple to do. The only thing that was not making sense was every time I tried to set it up, it told me to do a test. Then every time I did the test, it was calling the police, which was dumb. Also, I don't like how you have to have it plugged up in a wall. But all in all, I live alone and it helps me feel secure at night.

Original review: April 20, 2021

The experience with the Alder system has been great. I work in the industry myself, so that was one of the easiest systems I've set up. Last night, we had an issue and the lady spent over an hour with me trying to figure it out. It wasn't resolved. But she's going to talk with a supervisor and they're going to help me on Monday with it. Also, I got locked out of the app when I reupdated my phone. That is another thing they're working on getting fixed for me. When I need it, it's great, but a lot of times I just don't need it. But the user-friendliness is great and I love the fast response time. I don't have to worry about, “Am I gonna be waiting? Am I gonna have to argue with the company they dispatched if it's needed?”

Original review: April 18, 2021

Somebody cuts the cable line into the house, you got no alarm. I chose Alder because they don't run on Wi-Fi. They run on cell phone towers. The rep was a down to earth guy. He wasn't one of those people who read out of a book. If I asked him a question, he gave me a good honest answer. I liked him, and that's why I bought the alarm. We're still trying to figure the system out. My wife gets up in the morning with a cup of coffee. She likes to open the front door and sets it off. We gotta reset the code. We're still getting to that point. We got windows and door sensors, and the cameras which I could pull up at any time on my phone, no matter where I'm at. I could be driving down the highway in Oregon, 3,000 miles away and I can see my front and back doors from that camera. We like it.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I was always told if I didn't have anything good to say don't say anything at all. I wish not to say anything. I wish to look at a new system that can work for me. Do that is what my priority will be.

Original review: May 4, 2021

The sensors work very well and the keypad is intuitive and easy to use. I like that the system sends me text notifications when there is trouble or an alarm and that the monitoring company gets in touch with me quickly, depending on what the issue is. The other day, I accidentally set off the duress alarm. The monitoring company contacted me to prove that it was false and they still dispatched the police. I'm impressed with the system.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Great home security home protection. Download the app so you can view your home. Reliable company. 24 hours monitoring. Panic button to keep on a key chain carbon and fire alarm. Touch screen control pad. Good outside camera angles.

Original review: May 2, 2021

The sales rep was very nice. They had to call my brother because my phone wouldn't let me go to the thing where you sign so they did it on my brother's phone. I got the outdoor and indoor cameras in my package and I can't wait to get the system hooked up. I'm gonna recommend Alder.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I was signing up for a new service and Alder Security offered a free trial. We moved into a house instead of an apartment, so we opted to get a security system around our home. The rep from Alder explained the rates, why the system was going to be pretty good, how long I was gonna have it for, et cetera. She seemed very competent. The installation was pretty straightforward and easy. They had a pretty straightforward manual. One thing I thought was that the cameras are kind of stuck to a surface, but I had to drill holes inside of my house, which I was kind of surprised of.

I feel like some of their features are pretty limited. I have that big screen in my house, but it shows me alert and it shows me when the door opens. So, it's kind of pointless. I can talk to people on it. So, that's good, but it'll be nice if with all these cameras that I had in the house, I could use that big screen to look at things in the house or outside my house because I have window cameras on the side of my house.

Alder Security Company Information