Cronwell, CT

2.1/5 (582 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Safe Home Security, Inc.

Safe Home Security matches homeowners with security providers that fit their needs. With this company, you can use pre-existing security equipment in order to create a custom home security system. It works with various security brands and offers several security services.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Top Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

This company is amazing. I totally love it. Best satisfaction I've ever had with any company in my past life. And best thing is they are very reasonable. Always ready to work with...

Verified

I've had Safe Home Security for 5 months, and we've had excellent service. We set off the system a couple of times by accident, and they immediately called and asked for the passw...

What is Safe Home Security?

Safe Home Security is a safety company that helps homeowners customize and design comprehensive home security systems. You decide what kind of system you want, then Safe Home Security pairs you with suitable security brands, technology and equipment. The company can also assist with home automation technology and controls, and you can use pre-existing security equipment if it’s available.

How does Safe Home Security work?

You’ll begin by speaking with a Safe Home Security representative about your protection needs, including everything from doorbell cameras and alarm systems to keypads and controls. Safe Home Security then pairs you with fitting technology, brands and equipment to help you get the job done. Its partners include Honeywell, Alarm.com, Google Home and Amazon Alexa.

You can also customize your home automation processes, e.g., setting alarms and switching lights on and off, and the company has a mobile app to help you monitor your home with live video and other controls.

Safe Home Security costs

Safe Home Security’s service costs vary based on the equipment and services you need. Equipment costs can range up to $600+, depending on the brand. The company also offers a professional monitoring service for a monthly fee.

If you install a home security system through Safe Home Security, you could be eligible for a home insurance deduction through your insurer; the company will provide a certificate of installation for you to submit to your provider. You might also have to pay installation and activation fees.

Safe Home Security FAQ

Where is Safe Home Security available?
    Safe Home Security is based in Connecticut and services multiple locations across the country. Customers from all over the U.S. can request its services.
    Does Safe Home Security have monitored or unmonitored systems?
    Safe Home Security offers both monitored and unmonitored systems. Professionally monitored systems require a monthly fee.
    Does Safe Home Security have multiple package options?
    No, Safe Home Security doesn’t offer prearranged packages. Instead, its employees help clients determine which security equipment and services they require and develop a contract around those needs.
    Who owns Safe Home Security?
    Safe Home Security is owned by David Roman, who also owns Security Systems, Inc. (which operates as SafeGuard America).

Is Safe Home Security legit?

Yes, Safe Home Security is a legitimate company. Its services are ideal for families looking to customize their home security and automation through a professional service. Clients also have the option to use pre-existing security equipment when available. Ultimately, it’s probably not ideal for homeowners looking for an affordable, short-term security plan.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: May 22, 2022

Had a salesman come to door around 3 years ago and talked us into switching to them, mainly because they were cheaper. Didn't cost them anything since we already had all the equipment. Their customer service has been terrible. Have had problems and called with no results. Say they will send technician but never happens. I canceled their service but now they content I have a 5 year contract and have 2 more years to pay. They charge a ridiculous 90 % to get out of it. I have refused to pay anything and they just keep sending me bills. Have sent letters to Connecticut and NM Attorney General and BBB but can't get anyone to help. Suppose I will just refuse to pay for next 2 years and see what they do.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I submitted a written and verbal request to cancel my services within the time allotted after my original contract was up. They refused and signed me up for an additional year that I did not want. They hit my credit when I refused to pay as I had submitted a written request to cancel. Anytime I call to get an update on the status they say they will remove the credit hit if I sign up for more time with the company. Please make sure your installer is not selling to Safe Home. You will regret it.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2022

We were satisfied with our ADT service when a salesman came to our door from Safe Home Security. They said their company would be cheaper and would include extra services not offered by ADT. We said we had a contract with ADT. "Oh that's s fine, they said, we will cancel your ADT service and buy out your contract." The salesman later told us it had been taken care of, but I noticed ADT was still billing me. I asked our salesman JONNY ** why this was happening and he said he'd look into it. Well, 18 months later they were still billing us! I called ADT and they said our service had never been canceled or bought out. I called Safe Home Security and they said we were still responsible for our 5-year contract which WE WERE ONLY SUPPOSED TO PAY 3.5 YEARS OF DUE TO THE DEAL THAT WE WERE PROMISED BY SALESMAN JONNY **!!

Original review: March 29, 2022

I was in a 36 month contract which ended March 21, 2022. Prior to this I've had nothing but issues, if it's not the service it's them trying to scam me into extending my services or getting more money.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Let this be a warning to anyone looking for a home security company, Safe Home Security is by far the worst alarm company in the business. From the very start they lie to you, provide awful customer service on top of their equipment being absolutely useless. If you want awful service and shoddy equipment Safe Home Security is the company for you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

We were satisfied with our ADT service when 2 salesman came to our door from Safe Home Security. They said their company would be cheaper and would include extra services not offered by ADT. We said we had a contract with ADT. "Oh that's s fine, they said, we will cancel your ADT service and buy out your contract." The salesman later told us it had been taken care of, but I noticed ADT was still billing me. I asked our salesman Adam why this was happening and he said he'd look into it. Well, 3 months later they were still billing us! I called ADT and they said our service had never been cancelled or bought out. I called Safe Home Security and they said we were still responsible for our 2-year contract which I refuse to pay because we were signed up under false pretenses. It's been a huge nightmare!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

They trap you. 36 months later, I want to cancel my service. I spoke to a rep and told her my intentions, she said just give 60 day notice. My sales rep never told me it auto renews yearly and since I didn't give the 60 day notice 60 days prior to the date December 13th, I now can't cancel my plan FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR. They trap you and are Literally the worst company I have ever spoken to.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Worst security company. Equipment stopped working less than 6 months after they installed it and locked us into a 5 year contract. I have set 7 appointments. Only one has had someone show up. He disconnected and reconnected the alarm and told me it was faulty and I needed to pay hundreds of dollars to replace a part in it. I said that should be under warranty and I expected the company to fix it.... He said to work it out with them and left. No matter how many times I leave messages for managers or set appointments to get it fixed, nobody calls me back and nobody shows up to the appointments. They won't even credit me for the 28 MONTHS I haven't had working service. They take $50 a month from my account and refuse to fix it. I am locked until 2024! DO NOT sign anything with this company!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Nothing but a bunch of security wannabes. No shows on appointments. Shoddy work when they do show up. Takes them weeks and numerous calls to even get one return call. Stay away from these crooks! Don’t put the security of your company or your family in the hands of these idiots!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I have been a customer of Safe Home Security for over 25 years. This past year they have gone down the tubes! Their so called, "specialists" lack knowledge, lie and are deceitful. No one cares about the customer. Long story short: A technician came to fix my system on Sept 3, 2021. After he left, my system never worked again. The alarm would go off randomly, police were dispatched etc. Called SHS for assistance. They told me that my account was in "collections" and could not help me. Mind you, my account was paid in FULL in June, 2021. They acknowledged that I was wrongfully put into collections. I had no choice but to unplug the entire system.

Here is is 5 days later and I'm in the same situation. Spoke to several "specialists" who all made promises to call me back. Did any of them call back NO! I have been lied to and manipulated. I decided to call the CEO, David Roman. To my surprise, his number led me right back to the incompetent "specialists" that work there. Again, I was promised a call back, hmmm still waiting. SHS does not honor their contracts. Where do I go from here? I've hit a wall over and over. Maybe small claims court? Thoroughly disgusted! I will let you know if the CEO answers my e-mail or not. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Home Security partner.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information