Cronwell, CT

2.1/5 (568 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Safe Home Security, Inc.

Safe Home Security matches homeowners with security providers that fit their needs. With this company, you can use pre-existing security equipment in order to create a custom home security system. It works with various security brands and offers several security services.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Top Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

This company is amazing. I totally love it. Best satisfaction I've ever had with any company in my past life. And best thing is they are very reasonable. Always ready to work with...

Verified

I've had Safe Home Security for 5 months, and we've had excellent service. We set off the system a couple of times by accident, and they immediately called and asked for the passw...

What is Safe Home Security?

Safe Home Security is a safety company that helps homeowners customize and design comprehensive home security systems. You decide what kind of system you want, then Safe Home Security pairs you with suitable security brands, technology and equipment. The company can also assist with home automation technology and controls, and you can use pre-existing security equipment if it’s available.

How does Safe Home Security work?

You’ll begin by speaking with a Safe Home Security representative about your protection needs, including everything from doorbell cameras and alarm systems to keypads and controls. Safe Home Security then pairs you with fitting technology, brands and equipment to help you get the job done. Its partners include Honeywell, Alarm.com, Google Home and Amazon Alexa.

You can also customize your home automation processes, e.g., setting alarms and switching lights on and off, and the company has a mobile app to help you monitor your home with live video and other controls.

Safe Home Security costs

Safe Home Security’s service costs vary based on the equipment and services you need. Equipment costs can range up to $600+, depending on the brand. The company also offers a professional monitoring service for a monthly fee.

If you install a home security system through Safe Home Security, you could be eligible for a home insurance deduction through your insurer; the company will provide a certificate of installation for you to submit to your provider. You might also have to pay installation and activation fees.

Safe Home Security FAQ

Where is Safe Home Security available?
    Safe Home Security is based in Connecticut and services multiple locations across the country. Customers from all over the U.S. can request its services.
    Does Safe Home Security have monitored or unmonitored systems?
    Safe Home Security offers both monitored and unmonitored systems. Professionally monitored systems require a monthly fee.
    Does Safe Home Security have multiple package options?
    No, Safe Home Security doesn’t offer prearranged packages. Instead, its employees help clients determine which security equipment and services they require and develop a contract around those needs.
    Who owns Safe Home Security?
    Safe Home Security is owned by David Roman, who also owns Security Systems, Inc. (which operates as SafeGuard America).

Is Safe Home Security legit?

Yes, Safe Home Security is a legitimate company. Its services are ideal for families looking to customize their home security and automation through a professional service. Clients also have the option to use pre-existing security equipment when available. Ultimately, it’s probably not ideal for homeowners looking for an affordable, short-term security plan.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: July 9, 2021

Tech Jim broke my main panel on purpose and I am getting run around from the company. Everyone says they will call me back and they do not stole 700 dollars from me. Tech Jim was even rude with the company’s manager and she called him on it. Now I have to wait two weeks for another tech.

Original review: July 5, 2021

Get a real alarm company! When your alarm is malfunctioning and the police are there twice while you are on the phone with them, they should get the hint. Their solution to the problem was to send a technician in 2 days. Unacceptable.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2021

The same as all the reviews about Safe Home Security, they trick you and lie about your contract through Docusign, to be with them for 5 years, and they have a contract which you can not get out of even if you are totally fed up with them, they put you in credit bureau, they affect your credit and they give you the worst service EVER!

Original review: June 2, 2021

DO NOT CONSIDER THIS COMPANY... I picked them because of their great price but that was the scam. Once they get you signed up and under contract they provide the worse service possible. While charging you each month while not maintaining your service. Then when you request to be released due to their poor service practices they tell you there is a contract and you have to pay the full amount, this is the scam and fraudulent practice. On top of COVID world issue which there being a national and state mandate for service companies to release customers for burden issues they do not comply with this.

My various issues with this company include many false alarms where cops come and then because of the volume of alarms you get charged. Then when you call for service they never come out and always cancel and reschedule. If you take days off work that is lost money and they could care less. Again if they can not maintain the service the contract is void and to continue to take money from my bank account is fraud. I am working with the Federal Trade Commission as well as my state's Attorney General's office to be released from this unfair contract. If you are having similar issues please make the needed complaints to these agencies to straighten out this company. Horrible company. Please be warned to not even consider them.

Original review: May 8, 2021

We signed up with them 5 years ago with a 5 year contract. After the first year, never heard a thing from them. No checks to see if we were ok or needed any upgrades, NOTHING! We moved 2.5 years ago and they never gave us a call about our equipment being uninstalled or to see if everything was OK. In March when the contract was up, they called us. 2 days after the contract was completed and told me I would have to pay for another year. Now I am getting calls because I stopped my auto draft in April so they could not keep getting money. They keep telling me the account cannot be closed until it is paid for in full. I wish I had never signed with this company and kick myself every day because we got caught in their trap.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I signed up with this company. Start having issues with smoke detector no supervision tamper low battery. That was two months ago. Still not working. They cancel appts, don't show up for appts and when they do change battery and try to charge 64.99 for a battery in which I have my own. BUYER BEWARE. GO WITH ANYONE ELSE BESIDES THIS COMPANY.

Original review: April 3, 2021

In 2016 signed contract with Linear Security. In 2017 advised SHS takeover in attempts to cancel contract. I had written to corporate in any attempt due to critical medical emergency in need to cancel. No Luck. As of today I am still attempting to straighten this out. Not only with my credit in jeopardy but four years later still paying for a service that was disconnected four years ago!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

This is the worst company ever. They set up my parent service in July. Since that time they have repeatedly gave us the run around about the camera. The first camera they sent didn't work and they said it was our door bell. Had a new bell installed and they said they would have a tech out to setup the camera, he never showed. I called them again, they stated they would mail out the camera, two weeks later I called back to be told it had not been ordered. Two weeks after this, I called again to be told the same thing.

I have tried repeatedly to speak with a supervisor and ask several times for them to call me. They are raking my elderly parents over the coals and charging monies for services they can't or aren't providing. I want to cancel this contract, but it's a steep charge to do so. I again called today to again be told they have not sent out a camera for installation. I again asked a supervisor to call me. I am over this company and their terrible service. You should go with Vivint, at least they act like they care about their customers and don't try to take advantage of the elderly!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

This company is a nightmare. Years ago I tried canceling them only mom's behalf, and instead they talked me into a longer contract in exchange for two new keypads at different entrances. Fine. But then they canceled two appointments to install it. When they finally showed up, they only brought a battery and not the two keypads. They said it wasn't in the order, so they'd have to come back. The person in charge of scheduling all this was "Deja". Long story, they never added the keypads and they missed so many appts that I stopped caring.

A few years pass, and I try to cancel again. They gave me instructions on mailing a letter to request the cancelation. A week or so passes, and I lost the address, so I called to get it again. Instead of just giving me the address, they again pressured me into not canceling. Years pass, my sister calls to cancel... Same deal. Can't cancel.

Finally our mom (whose house it is) began hospice in 2020, and I call SHS again to cancel, saying that we'll be selling the house soon. "Keenan" says ok. I ask him if a letter is needed. No later needed. Just one more payment and we're done. But then... wait for it... three months later, my mom has died, and we're still getting charged. I just got off the phone with them. I spoke with "Dana" who told me that I needed to send a letter and buy out the rest of our contract. I asked her why their deceased customers need to continue paying. Apparently it's in the contract. I asked for a copy of the contract. They said no, not until I send them a copy of the death certificate, the cancelation letter, and the buy out payment.

All the while, Dana was cold. No sympathy. No understanding. No effort to fix the problem. She -- like everyone before her -- made every effort to thwart my needs and just kick the problem down the road. I'm done. I'm done thinking about them, talking to them, dealing with them, and writing about them. They are a horror to deal with. It is a comfort (and no surprise) to see I'm not the only one who has these problems with them. How they got away with this for so long, I'll never know. Do not do business with this company. Just don't.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

On April 5, 2018 I signed a 3 year contract with Safe Home Security for $69.99 per month. During this time I had very little problems with the security equipment itself however the customer service and technical assistance were atrocious. On July 29, 2020 I was contacted by an agent of the company and informed that there would be a 3 dollar increase to my monthly bill. The agent explained that this increase was due to upgrading the home security systems to 5G. I was sent a link to the DocuSign website where I signed a letter authorizing the monthly increase and upgrade to my system. On Jan 6, 2021 I contacted Safe Home Security to discuss canceling my service at the end of the agreed upon contract.

The agent informed me that my contract had already been renewed for an additional 60 months in July 2020. I DID NOT authorize this renewal nor did I ever receive a copy of this new contract until I demanded it from the company. I also discovered that to cancel the service now would end up costing me several thousand dollars. The unethical business practices of Safe Home Security should be enough to deter anyone from doing business with them ever again. If you are currently shopping for a home security system and don't believe me go to the Better Business Bureau website and see for yourself. If you are a current Safe Home Security customer, be warned and stay ever vigilant especially when taking calls from their customer service department. DO NOT upgrade or change anything with your service until the end of your contract unless you want to be stuck in it for the next 5 years. BE WARNED!

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Home Security partner.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information