Cronwell, CT

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.05/5

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

Original review: May 7, 2020

I own a rental property. My renter called me and asked if she can get an alarm system in the house that she is renting from me. I stated she could and I spoke to the salesman over the phone and he stated he needed me to come sign to give permission to put the alarm system in the house. I went over to the house and he had me sign an IPAD stating that I give permission to put the alarm in the home. It was a DocuSign so I never saw any contract on anything on the IPAD. Now I am trying to refinance my house and come to find out that this company put my name on a 3 year contract for this alarm system along with 2 other houses that I don't own that my renter is affiliated with and because the renter has been late paying the bill, there are now 2 lates on my credit report. This company is saying I signed the contract when both me and the renter heard the salesman say I was just signing to give permission.

The renter has tried calling this company along with me and my wife because it showing on her credit report as well, but we have not gotten anywhere with them. They sent me a copy of the contract in my name, with a different address than the address of the house I own, the renter's email address and phone number and they have a date of birth on the contract for me that isn't even my date of birth.

I never received any notices at all from them because the bills are mailed to the renter because it's her alarm system. I would never sign a 3 year contract for a rent that has a 1 year lease. I just want my credit and my wife's credit restored back to how it was and have this company removed from it. The renter has tried to tell them that it is her responsibility and she has made a payment plan agreement with them and she is moving out of our rental this month. Their salesman lied to me and my renter to make a sale and this company needs to be reprimanded for this.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Had this company for 13 years up to November of 2019 when my system had multiple false alarms. I was told no technicians in my area except on Fridays and they were booked several weeks out. I booked the first available Friday appointment and no one came. I called the office and was told that I was not scheduled. I reached again 2 weeks out and once again, no call no show and told that I was not on the schedule. I cancelled my contract, sent back my system as instructed and now the company is still charging me monthly fees for a SERVICE I NO LONGER HAVE. Now today 5/5/2020. I call and they stated that they have no record of my cancellation and I have a signed contract that they refuse to send a copy to me. Don’t do business with this company.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2020

This company is very unprofessional. I had an agent who harassed and threatened me with phone calls, texts and emails because I decided to cancel within my 3 day rights. I've had to call several times because this company continues to send me bills after being told each time that the account was closed. At this point I must contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. This is the WORST company I've EVER dealt with. The worst decision I've ever made in my life!

Original review: March 20, 2020

I have been a customer of Safe Home Security for 5 years and 10 months ago the system needed maintenance. After 3 attempts to get a technician to our house we decided to cancel service. We were no longer under contract and they deactivated our control panel but continued to charge us monthly. In January we settled with safe home on a $500 bill for service we did not receive and they quietly continued to charge us and the representative that took our payment stated outright that our bill was a $0 balance. This was a lie and they are currently trying to squeeze another $200 out of us and have no interest in fixing the system unless we sign another 3 year contract. Do not do business with them, they will tell you what you want to hear until you decide to go to another provider.

Original review: March 11, 2020

A few days after we got this security system, our heat sensor went out. We have called twice now and they still haven't come to give us a new one. They need to give us a refund for the time we've been without it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: March 7, 2020

From the first day I signed up with this company I didn't know but was getting scammed into a 66 month contract. Had the service for 16 months and bought out of the contract today. After multiple times being double and sometimes triple charged per month when they would just decide to pull money from my account on file! I recently sold the home with the system in it and called to get it removed so I could take it with me, was told I would be contacted and never was by my closing date. I then had no choice but to buy out my contract for over $1,000. THIS COMPANY IS WORSE THAN THE CROOKS YOU ARE TRYING TO KEEP OUT OF YOUR HOME WITH A SECURITY SYSTEM!

Original review: March 2, 2020

My friend, who is 95 years old was scammed by this company. They signed her up for a 66 month contract. She was already under contract with someone else, but they did not bother to explain that she may have to pay them too. The print was so small that I had to get my glasses and a magnifying glass to read it. On 1/31/2020 She fell and lay on the floor for over 7.5 hours with her arm broke in 2 places. I discovered her there calling out for help and called an ambulance. She repeatedly pushed the button, but nothing happen. She is now in a nursing home. She is lucky she did not lay there and die, while pushing the button the button that did not work. When my husband arrived on the scene he immediately called for service on the equipment.

Contacted the company for someone to check the service. No one has contacted us. Called the 1st time and was told that it is the responsibility of the contract holder to check the equipment for working ability. Person on the line reported that they talked to someone on that day and they were told false alarm. No ambulance needed. She was in the hospital for days. Called again to explain that she would no longer need the service, because she is in the nursing home. They said too bad, she will still need to pay for the service. If she does not it will be turned over to collections. Again, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. YOUR LIFE MAY BE IN SERIOUS DANGER.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

My husband signed a tiny print contract based on what the rep said with this company when they purchased the company we were using. We went along with no issues until we sold our house to move. Suddenly, we are reminded of a 66 month contract that would have to be bought out or brought with us. To make a long story short, we ended up allowing them in our new home to “install” their system. They used all of the existing equipment in the house, nothing new. Honestly, we were just hoping to get through until 2021 to get out the contract.

One of the smoke detectors in our house went bad last night, so I called trying to get the alarm to stop the incessant beeping. They are now trying to force us to extend the contract in order to get the system usable again. They will not schedule a technician to come, will not tell me how much it will cost, or do anything without an extension! Did you know that if you die before this contract expires, they will sue your estate? RUN, RUN FAR AWAY FROM SHS!!!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

To keep this short don't ever sign up for a security system! Our first contract was getting close to explain expire and we were planning on moving, a guy came and Said they had taken over and that we could have our new home in another state set up with the system, and they works have someone come and remove our old system so we signed a new contract for five years!! No one came to take it out but the rep. Said we could and to take it with us so we did. Kept waiting for installation and finally set up an appointment, the installer called and said he was at our door, well he was at our old address in Idaho!

Sheet many, many calls since the guy we were dealing with was never in his office, he finally tells us the higher ups said they don't service today area and that the new contract was void and we works owe 500 dollars to get out of the contract!! So we're in the first stage of figuring out what we can do!! We feel we signed a contract for a service that they can't provide so it should be cancelled!!! What a nightmare!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

This has been the worst experience I've ever had from a company. They bought out another company and either want us to pay $2k+ to get out of the contract, or $3k+ to get all new cameras so that we can see the video feed from a phone app. The company before them were astute in their services and they were easy to deal with. This company has screwed us as much as possible and refuses to release us from their absolutely abhorrent services.

The biggest mistake of my business has been a 3 year contract with the company that provided us alarm services, seeing as how much of a ** show Safe Home Security is. They even sent ADT to come help us out. They don't even have their own service people. It took 4.5 months to get anyone to come out and move 2 cameras. We have had issues ever since they took over our contract. We were repeatedly lied to about returned phone calls and assistance with services as this 4.5 month process to get a tech to move 2 cameras. Now the cameras are moved and they want us to spend $3k+ to get cameras that work with their system or spend over $2k to get out of the contract. 0/10 would NOT recommend to my worst enemies.

Safe Home Security, Inc. author review by Ben Mannes

Monitored home security system plans start at $30/month. Safe Home Security offers burglary, fire and medical monitoring services.

• Free security assessment: Safe Home Security offers a free evaluation to help consumers determine which services they need. The company then designs bundle options around those features.

• Home automation features: Stream security cameras and control all your home security devices from anywhere through the company’s mobile app.

• Payment options: Customers can schedule monthly, quarterly or annual payments. Automatic payments can be set up through a bank account or credit card.

• Accreditations: SHS has memberships with the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NFBA) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). The Security Industry Association certifies SHS's monitoring.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information