3.50/5

Need a home alarm?

Cronwell, CT

Need a home alarm?

Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I've been with the this company for about two years, and a a tech repair guy has been out to my house more times than I can count. When the term of my account was up, and I went with another company, I was told that I renew for another five years. This company is a fraud and I had to go the the police station to report it. That someone from the company initial my name. Still waiting for the results, but I'm very happy to say that I'm now with Vivint. Watch out for this fraudulent company!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

For the past 5 months my security system has been down and I have contacted this company dozens of times. A tech was finally sent to my home in August. He did not fix the problem. I was told that a new panel would be shipped. It is now September. Still have not received the new equipment. I called to speak with Jessica the supervisor. Was told I could not speak with her or corporate. Now I’m dealing with a different Rep. and he proceeds to make excuses and says he is not transferring me to a supervisor and he will not give me corporate office information.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Shaun ** is a sales rep for this company. He was walking door to door and sold us home alarm system. I tried to cancel my services because I realized something wasn’t adding up. He told us we had 30 days to cancel but the DocuSign documentation state I must cancel within 72hrs from date of installation. I called this company to cancel and they said I wasn’t in their system so I called Shaun to cancel and he asked why and I told him I have a right to cancel within 3 days. He started cussing me out and hung up in my face. HE REFUSE TO CANCEL MY SERVICE. I will not do business with this company!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

They programmed my existing motion detectors from another company to their system. It only lasted four months. One of them stopped working. When I called customer service I was in shock to find out how much it would cost to send a Tech and if equipment needed replacement that would be another extra cost. I was offered a warranty which didn’t make sense to me. The reason I changed my Alarm company was to get a lower monthly rate. My monthly rate would be higher than my first company. That was a big disappointment. I am not impressed with the alarm system. Sometimes they do not respond. I would not recommend this Alarm company to anybody. Unfortunately I am in a contract that I misunderstood and I will be getting out of it as soon as I can.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We have had this company since 2010. After the initial set up the alarms kept falling off the doors and windows, when we called and complained they came out 4-5 times. Finally we just stopped using the system all together. Police were coming out all the time because a sensor fell. After about 6 years we decided to call to cancel. Well they suckered us into giving them another shot saying the new sensors are stronger and last etc... etc. Yeah, nope. We just called again to cancel and were told we have 2 more years of paying. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???? After I explain my frustration with this company's equipment and the issues involved they just continue with, "We can come out and look." What is there to look at? Your sensors are mounted with mounting tape in FL with high humidity. They fall off within a week. Go with another company. This one is a hassle to get rid of. They should be shut down.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

My current bill has a statement date of 07/21/2019, bill is due 07/14/2019. This has been done many times. Sometimes you have to mail it out on the day received in order to make the on-time payment date. If you are gone away from home you will have a late payment.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I moved and wanted to cancel my contract and was told I had to pay the remaining balance. That was OK. January 2019 I called Safe Homes and spoke with a gentleman about cancelling my service. The gentleman told me my contract expires in May 2019 and my bank account will not be debit unless I renew. Here it is July and they have continue to debit my bank account. I called today and the person told me renewals roll over into a new contract. I ask her, "When did you all send out renewal reminders?" She said, "It's in your contract..." That's all she kept saying. She told me to send in a cancellation letter if I want to terminate the service and my account will be debit up to 60 days. I've had it with this company. I had no idea they would treat customers this way. Very disappointed and upset. I want this to end.

Original review: July 13, 2019

For the last four months you have given me a runaround on a credit you owe but instead of applying my credit you continue to bill my credit card every month and every time I call you say you will call me. Never do. You reps always have some kind of bs excuse. Today I waited 25 minutes to speak to a supposed assistant manager only to be hung up. This my 4th incident with you.

Original review: July 10, 2019

On July 1, 2019, my mother had equipment from Safe Home Security installed in her home. I came home on the tail end of the conversation. I get a message from Credit Karma that there was a new credit inquiry. Guess who? Safe Home Security. I NEVER applied or even spoke to anyone regarding an account. Why was my credit ran? How did they even get my credit information? I believe what happened was, they came into my mother's home to install the equipment, they portray to cut the cable wire and request for AT&T to come and install a new phone line while they are getting your info from that wire!! PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this company!! I'm still wondering, how they got my credit info to run a credit check on me? I be DID NOT apply for anything!!

Original review: July 9, 2019

This company started out great, 20 years ago. Always prompt responses and great service. That company no longer exists. This company is a sham. We have never willingly or knowingly signed more than a one year agreement. I called to cancel my service due to a change in my financial situation. They said they understood and would take care of closing the account. Then, a month later, I get another bill with a late charge. I called back and they put a new rep on the phone who was extremely unfriendly and claimed I had a 5 year contract of which I was only one year in. They said the only way to cancel was to buy out my contract. I.e pay for 4 years of future service all at once.

In addition, the service does not even seem to work, anymore. For several years if the alarm went off no one would call and no police would arrive. I called and asked them to check it and they said everything was fine. But, if so, they don’t respond when the alarm goes off. Now they are sending warning letters that they will send notices to credit bureaus if I do not pay. Keep in mind that they initially told me that it would not be a problem to cancel at all and no discussion about having to buy out a five year contract I never agreed to, for a service that does not appear to even work. Awful, awful, awful company. They should be shut down by the authorities.

Safe Home Security, Inc. expert review by Ben Mannes

Safe Home Security (SHS) was established in 1988 and is available in select areas of the United States. SHS has memberships with the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NFBA) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).

• Special discounts: The SHS website shows special offers available to new customers, like 15 percent off of new equipment purchases. Interested consumers can also call Safe Home Security to learn about other discounts and offers.

• Multiple offerings: Safe Home Security offers burglary, fire and medical monitoring services.

• Monitoring: SHS provides monitoring via landline or cellular signal. The company’s monitoring is certified by the Security Industry Association.

• Security assessment: Safe Home Security offers a free assessment to help consumers determine which services they need. The company then designs bundle options around those needs.

• Payment options: Customers can schedule monthly or quarterly payments, or they can pay their premium annually. Automatic payments can be scheduled from a bank account or a credit card.

• Best for: Homeowners and hands-off consumers.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
      Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information