Cronwell, CT

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.16/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Safe Home Security matches homeowners with security providers that fit their needs. With this company, you can use pre-existing security equipment in order to create a custom home security system. It works with various security brands and offers several security services.

BOTTOM LINE

Safe Home Security is ideal for homeowners looking to customize their home safety equipment and features. However, its monthly fees and equipment costs can be pricey, and some homeowners might shy from its three-year contracts.

PROS

• Can use pre-existing equipment
    • Several security services
    • Multiple security brands

CONS

• 36-month contract
    • Equipment can be expensive
    • Monthly fee

Top Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

This company is amazing. I totally love it. Best satisfaction I've ever had with any company in my past life. And best thing is they are very reasonable. Always ready to work with your budget - very affordable. I can proudly say when I am in or away from my home I feel 110% satisfaction…

I've had Safe Home Security for 5 months, and we've had excellent service. We set off the system a couple of times by accident, and they immediately called and asked for the password, and made sure everything was okay…

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

What is Safe Home Security?

Safe Home Security is a safety company that helps homeowners customize and design comprehensive home security systems. You decide what kind of system you want, then Safe Home Security pairs you with suitable security brands, technology and equipment. The company can also assist with home automation technology and controls, and you can use pre-existing security equipment if it’s available.

How does Safe Home Security work?

You’ll begin by speaking with a Safe Home Security representative about your protection needs, including everything from doorbell cameras and alarm systems to keypads and controls. Safe Home Security then pairs you with fitting technology, brands and equipment to help you get the job done. Its partners include Honeywell, Alarm.com, Google Home and Amazon Alexa.

You can also customize your home automation processes, e.g., setting alarms and switching lights on and off, and the company has a mobile app to help you monitor your home with live video and other controls.

Safe Home Security costs

Safe Home Security’s service costs vary based on the equipment and services you need. Equipment costs can range up to $600+, depending on the brand. The company also offers a professional monitoring service for a monthly fee.

If you install a home security system through Safe Home Security, you could be eligible for a home insurance deduction through your insurer; the company will provide a certificate of installation for you to submit to your provider. You might also have to pay installation and activation fees.

Safe Home Security FAQ

Where is Safe Home Security available?
      Safe Home Security is based in Connecticut and services multiple locations across the country. Customers from all over the U.S. can request its services.
      Does Safe Home Security have monitored or unmonitored systems?
      Safe Home Security offers both monitored and unmonitored systems. Professionally monitored systems require a monthly fee.
      Does Safe Home Security have multiple package options?
      No, Safe Home Security doesn’t offer prearranged packages. Instead, its employees help clients determine which security equipment and services they require and develop a contract around those needs.
      Who owns Safe Home Security?
      Safe Home Security is owned by David Roman, who also owns Security Systems, Inc. (which operates as SafeGuard America).

Is Safe Home Security legit?

Yes, Safe Home Security is a legitimate company. Its services are ideal for families looking to customize their home security and automation through a professional service. Clients also have the option to use pre-existing security equipment when available. Ultimately, it’s probably not ideal for homeowners looking for an affordable, short-term security plan.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

The system is effective and easy to use. There are so many home security systems on the market. It took time and research and I am happy with my choice. I would tell anyone to research the products they're considering.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

On April 5, 2018 I signed a 3 year contract with Safe Home Security for $69.99 per month. During this time I had very little problems with the security equipment itself however the customer service and technical assistance were atrocious. On July 29, 2020 I was contacted by an agent of the company and informed that there would be a 3 dollar increase to my monthly bill. The agent explained that this increase was due to upgrading the home security systems to 5G. I was sent a link to the DocuSign website where I signed a letter authorizing the monthly increase and upgrade to my system. On Jan 6, 2021 I contacted Safe Home Security to discuss canceling my service at the end of the agreed upon contract.

The agent informed me that my contract had already been renewed for an additional 60 months in July 2020. I DID NOT authorize this renewal nor did I ever receive a copy of this new contract until I demanded it from the company. I also discovered that to cancel the service now would end up costing me several thousand dollars. The unethical business practices of Safe Home Security should be enough to deter anyone from doing business with them ever again. If you are currently shopping for a home security system and don't believe me go to the Better Business Bureau website and see for yourself. If you are a current Safe Home Security customer, be warned and stay ever vigilant especially when taking calls from their customer service department. DO NOT upgrade or change anything with your service until the end of your contract unless you want to be stuck in it for the next 5 years. BE WARNED!

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

When we first approached Safe Home Security we wanted cameras to record with motion. They have not done so. My husband's truck was broken into and we had to pay out of pocket for the repairs since the cameras didn't record. We have made numerous phone calls and talked with a different rep each time and got a different response each time. When the tech installed the one camera on our garage, he drilled holes where he thought that it should go and had to move over so there are holes in brand new siding and into the garage. The customer service is non-existent. My husband had a tech contact him with an appointment for 9 to 12 one day. When no one showed by 11 he called customer care. They told him no one was scheduled to come out. The day before Thanksgiving we had a tech show up at our home without prior notice. If you're considering this company, don't!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

The alarm worked well for awhile, then I started getting “zone malfunction “ errors. I put up with it for a while. The repairman came here on Wednesday, Thursday it started again. When I called service, I was told the repairman didn’t work my area on Monday or Tuesday. Due to other appointments I had to wait till Friday. I made it clear that I was a dissatisfied customer. On Thursday I was called by the serviceman that he couldn’t make it on Friday and I would have to reschedule for next week. I let him know I was an unhappy customer, and hung up. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I know I will not renew my contract.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I have had Safe Home Security (SHS) for approximately 18 months. I have 18 months left on my contract and I cannot wait until I can get rid of this company. The first 15 months were fine. Never had to call them and deal with their customer service so I didn’t notice the problem with them. In July of this year we began planning for a move.

I called SHS and I talked with Bill ** extension ** (Claims to be a Manager). I inquired about moving my service and the costs associated with it. He told me that there is a $199 fee to move. I asked what it was for and he stated it was an administrative fee and it covered the uninstall and the reinstall. I asked him if I could save money by doing it myself and he said, "You can do it by yourself but the fee will still be charged." He also told me my contract would have to be renewed for another 36 months on top of what I have remaining. I ended the phone conversation and told him I would get back with them.

Approximately 1 week later, I called again and I talked with someone that goes by KK, extension **. This gentleman was exceptional and did not lie to me. He told me the $199 was a $99 uninstall fee and a $99 reinstall fee. He further stated there was no admin fee. KK also said that I would not have to extend my contract. I would just have to sign a new contract for the remaining months on the current contract. (Make this guy the Manager.) I signed the new contract and requested the uninstall appointment. 2 -5 days later, Bill ** called me back and wanted to schedule the appointment. He was taking too long due to our move rapidly approaching, so I requested to uninstall myself. He told me the alarm was shut down and I was able to do it. In the meantime he was supposed to schedule the reinstall at the new location and get back with me. I requested 2 September.

Approximately 5 September rolled around and I still haven’t heard from anyone. I called the customer service number and the lady I talked with told me that Bill had it scheduled but never called me so we missed the appointment. I requested it be rescheduled. I also requested a manager over Bill call me so we can talk about all of these issues. After discussing everything with her. I felt as though she would take care of it, but I was wrong. Finally, approximately 1 week later, Bill called again and said he was scheduling my reinstall. I heard back from him eventually with a date and time about 1 week later. That date and time rolled around and no one showed up, but they did charge my account for the Instal ($99). Again I called Safe Home Security Customer Service and requested they refund the money or set up an appointment that they could ensure.

Today, it is October 15 and I still don’t have a refund or an install completed. I have tried to request to speak with someone higher up and no one will help. This has been the worst service and organization I have ever dealt with. If someone from the leadership at the corporate office could reach out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

This company should not be in business!! Bunch of liars. Unprofessional, rude people! My smoke alarm been going on for 2 weeks. Called several times. Could not help me over the phone. First they scheduled me in one week which is crazy given the sound of the smoke alarm, I couldn't sleep. My poor mom just had hip surgery and had to listen to that sound! When the time came for the appointment they called me that the technician car broke down and I have to wait for another week for them to come out!

When that came they cancelled me again on the same day saying that they couldn't get the part that need it to be replaced. Of course another lie! So right of way I called to cancel my contract, they told me I have to email the request, which I did. No one reached out so I called and they claim they never got it so I sent it 3 more times. It's been going on now 3 weeks, I called several times. Spoke to 4 different people, everyone of them telling me a different story, the system is down, also the email is down. So they make it impossible for you to cancel your contract!! Also they are extremely rude. If you start complaining they put you on hold or transfer you somewhere then disconnect you! So my next step is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the same time I will contact the attorney general's office! I do not understand how they are allowed to stay in business! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I want to give Negative grade! Don't do any business with this company, and don't come close to them. Starting Feb 2020 our alarm system was getting insane. Charging itself when we were at home, start alarming for no reason (even when it wasn't on) and so on. We called the company to get it fixed - it took a month, they send someone who said they cannot fix it and they will send replacement. After another month of false alarms we called again and again the same guy came with the same answer! At that point, he disconnect my alarm system completely.

Since then, after dozen call to the call center, we finally got a new system but no one came to install it!!!! It is ridiculous, we are trying to talk to some manager there, but we get nowhere. We are trying to get service and it will be only in a month! And they refuse to pay me for the months I got no service. I really wish I could break in the middle of my contract with them, but afraid it is illegal (if anyone knows different please let me know). I never give such bad critics, but do your self a big favor - don't do anything with that company!!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

The Service was OK in 2015 - at my home - so added my daughter's where they tried to piggyback onto the ADT system which never worked and they were full of excuses to do with a window that was not making the connection. I had a 3 yr. contract for my daughter's home (where she no longer lives) and now they are saying I owe for a 4th yr. because I did not notify them the month prior to the contract being due and they continued to take the money from my checking account which I stopped as soon as I realized what they were doing. This is definitely NOT the company in which anyone wants involvement - by the way we have not used their service in either house for the past 2 yrs. - They are still billing me.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

The first months it worked well and I had no problems with it. After the first months, I called a few times and the operator was helpful. When I called today, the customer service representative immediately became rude when I asked her to look into my account. She said her "system" was down and transferred me without my permission to a "recorded" message asking me to leave my name.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I had a security system (first time) installed by American Homesecures, Dallas, TX ** back in October 10, 2019. Everything's been fine until I understand Safe Home Security, Middletown, CT ** acquired American Homesecures. It's been a mess since the acquisition. I made my payment in June 2020 (for the month of July) to American Homesecures c/o Cornerstone Billing, Orland Park, IL **. After that I find out about the acquisition. The e-check was processed, Cornerstone said American Homesecures had it, American Homesecures said they needed the bank confirmation number (which I gave them) and they said they would send it to Safe Home Security. As of July 9, 2020 Safe Home Security said they haven't received it. Moreover they said I owe 2 months payment (or something). What? A real mess. In short I want to find another Security company but I did have an agreement with American Homesecures.

I understand the Attorney General of Connecticut is suing Safe Home Security. Safe Home Security has an email address on their website but they said they didn't get my emails and I haven't received any response. I used to get email invoices from American Homesecures regularly. Safe Home Security said they would send me (something) in the mail USPS but I haven't received anything yet. I don't need to deal with Safe Home Security anymore. I've read nothing but complaints about them. A very bad experience. My agreement was with American Homesecures NOT Safe Home Security. I need to find another Security company. Please.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information