3.29/5

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Cronwell, CT

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I'm a professional who writes this unfortunate review with full candor and it is my intent to warn any customers remotely thinking about this company. Customers want responsive customer service, honesty and professionalism when engaging a home security company. The expectation should be that you feel confident that your home, family and valuables are being protected and monitored in an expeditious fashion.

This is not the case here. In a word this company fails to perform. There are countless negative reviews on the BBB as well. It is clear that there is deep and very serious issue with customer service. The Connecticut attorney general has even cautioned the public about the customer service (or lack thereof) this company provides.

I have innumerable phone calls and spent countless hours on the phone trying to get my account monitored and get the reassurance from a technician that the alarm system is working appropriately. I have spoken with at least 6 different individuals at Safe Home Security. None of whom have been able to help me. All I have heard is excuses, misinformation, deception, and lack of communication for 5 weeks now. Even when they say they will service you they make it tentative or say that their dispatch is not responding. It is obvious to anyone that Safe Home Security does not have adequate resources in place to service its customers. I have wasted countless hours trying to be home for service which has been an inordinate waste of time.

My account has not been monitored by Safe Home since the account was bought on November 6, 2019. Safe Home Security is clearly not a company you can trust to protect and monitor your family and valuables. There are many, many other choices. Do not let this company strong-arm you into thinking that they are competent because a review of this site and the BBB sites would lead you or any honest individual to believe that there are exceptional problems with the company. I only hope that no other family or individual has to endure such lack of professionalism.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

These guys are hustlers and their alarm is sucks..I had some issues in the front door. It keep bypassing. They send me three technicians and they didn’t figure it out. I kept Paying For no service..I don’t recommend.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Keep in mind I'm a reasonable, calm person but this company need to be taught a lesson. Just messing over people, how do we stop them? My contract expired after 3 years and I called and sent in letter to cancelled. They rolled over my contracted for another year and said, "After 10 calls if you don't pay you will be sent to collections." I have not have their system for more than 4 months. WHAT? HOW CAN THIS COMPANY BE IN BUSINESS? If you thinking about them please run as fast as you can. They are scammers. Take them to court! Keep letting people know they are not on the up and up. That why you see only one star. Should be zero. THIS COMPANY IS THE WORST. SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Shady billing practices from this company, in 2016 they took an unauthorized payment from my account and didn’t want to give it back, I stopped auto pay and requested quarterly billing and statements at that time, and used my banks stop payment to get my money back, fast foreword to present, my bill 2 quarters ago came in real short, I knew something was wrong so I paid full amount anyway, new statement new shows past balance due, call them to say I already paid this but they say I must pay anyway, obviously I’m not going to do that so I will update this with final results.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

This company is the worst. I will be so glad when my contract is up. They are some liars don't let them lie to you when it's time to renew your contract please read it. They lied and told me that my renewal would be from month to month and that I could cancel at any time after being with them for the first contract of 5 years. Come to find out that was a lie when I tried to cancel. I have had more problems with my alarm system than I can count and I always have to contact them. My concern is how is my home being protected if I always have to contact them with issues, they should know if the equipment is not working properly if they are truly monitoring my home. They really need to be shut down and Lawyers contacted about this mess.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Safe home security is the worst. They do not honor the agreement. We have agreed on 16 sensor on the house and they only install 7 sensors...they just auto renew your contract after it expires...and lie to you that you have another year to it end... Do not give them your business. It a headache.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I've had the security system and smart thermostat for 2 years of a 3 year contract. My latest problem is resulting in my thermostat which is powered by 4 AA batteries not working while it is in the 20s. Customer service said that it is probably due to a problem with some sort of sensor transmissions on the front and garage doors. Soonest they can get a technician out is 10 days! But they wanted to sell me a maintenance plan for 3 years for $10 more a month.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

We retained Safe Home Security (in the guise of Alliance Security) to provide a security system - maybe not cutting edge, but definitely state of the art. We agreed to maintain a contract for two years. About 8 months into the contract, equipment began malfunctioning - for over 5 weeks the system was in a default mode. We were promised a technician in 48 hours. When that didn't happen we were promised a technician in 24 hours. That didn't happen either. We were promised a couple of more times to get a technician to repair our system but were never contacted by one. We found out that Safe Home Security frequently contracts their work to other security firms: guess where the loyalty was.

During our 2 month effort to work with them, our home was left unprotected. We had been burglarized twice before and did not want to remain unprotected. We requested and then insisted Safe Home Security terminate our contract. To date, we don't know the outcome. Bottom line: unless the company has technicians of their own in the city you live, don't retain them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

These people are the worst. Do not do business with them. I had used them for years until about two years ago I think they were bought out. Now they do not honor their service contract. You make appointments and they don't come. You speak to people about a problem and they give you a one about the technician will call, but no one does so. I doubt they are even efficient in monitoring the system since mine has been down for a month and no one has contacted me. As far as I am concerned, these people should be put out of business.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I have been trying to reach someone at this business for over 2 weeks about a problem with the system. No response to telephone prompts. Today 10/25/19 I received a bill for the yearly monitoring for services from 10/15/19 til 10/14/20. They sent a bill in August and it was paid in August. I have a copy of my cancelled check. My contract started 10/20/16. The alarm system started going off at 3 o'clock in the AM for about a week, we called the number on the contract for 2 days, finally reached Jessica who told us to only alarm the windows & doors not motion!! This is a horrible company and the only way they get business is to go door to door offering what seems to be a good deal until they hook you in! Please don't fall for the pitch! Yvonne ** Atlantic City, NJ

Safe Home Security, Inc. expert review by Ben Mannes

Monitored home security system plans start at $30/month. Safe Home Security offers burglary, fire and medical monitoring services.

• Free security assessment: Safe Home Security offers a free evaluation to help consumers determine which services they need. The company then designs bundle options around those features.

• Home automation features: Stream security cameras and control all your home security devices from anywhere through the company’s mobile app.

• Payment options: Customers can schedule monthly, quarterly or annual payments. Automatic payments can be set up through a bank account or credit card.

• Accreditations: SHS has memberships with the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NFBA) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). The Security Industry Association certifies SHS's monitoring.

• Best for: Homeowners and hands-off consumers.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
      Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information