Cronwell, CT

2.1/5 (596 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Safe Home Security, Inc.

Safe Home Security matches homeowners with security providers that fit their needs. With this company, you can use pre-existing security equipment in order to create a custom home security system. It works with various security brands and offers several security services.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Top Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

This company is amazing. I totally love it. Best satisfaction I've ever had with any company in my past life. And best thing is they are very reasonable. Always ready to work with...

Verified

I've had Safe Home Security for 5 months, and we've had excellent service. We set off the system a couple of times by accident, and they immediately called and asked for the passw...

What is Safe Home Security?

Safe Home Security is a safety company that helps homeowners customize and design comprehensive home security systems. You decide what kind of system you want, then Safe Home Security pairs you with suitable security brands, technology and equipment. The company can also assist with home automation technology and controls, and you can use pre-existing security equipment if it’s available.

How does Safe Home Security work?

You’ll begin by speaking with a Safe Home Security representative about your protection needs, including everything from doorbell cameras and alarm systems to keypads and controls. Safe Home Security then pairs you with fitting technology, brands and equipment to help you get the job done. Its partners include Honeywell, Alarm.com, Google Home and Amazon Alexa.

You can also customize your home automation processes, e.g., setting alarms and switching lights on and off, and the company has a mobile app to help you monitor your home with live video and other controls.

Safe Home Security costs

Safe Home Security’s service costs vary based on the equipment and services you need. Equipment costs can range up to $600+, depending on the brand. The company also offers a professional monitoring service for a monthly fee.

If you install a home security system through Safe Home Security, you could be eligible for a home insurance deduction through your insurer; the company will provide a certificate of installation for you to submit to your provider. You might also have to pay installation and activation fees.

Safe Home Security FAQ

Where is Safe Home Security available?
    Safe Home Security is based in Connecticut and services multiple locations across the country. Customers from all over the U.S. can request its services.
    Does Safe Home Security have monitored or unmonitored systems?
    Safe Home Security offers both monitored and unmonitored systems. Professionally monitored systems require a monthly fee.
    Does Safe Home Security have multiple package options?
    No, Safe Home Security doesn’t offer prearranged packages. Instead, its employees help clients determine which security equipment and services they require and develop a contract around those needs.
    Who owns Safe Home Security?
    Safe Home Security is owned by David Roman, who also owns Security Systems, Inc. (which operates as SafeGuard America).

Is Safe Home Security legit?

Yes, Safe Home Security is a legitimate company. Its services are ideal for families looking to customize their home security and automation through a professional service. Clients also have the option to use pre-existing security equipment when available. Ultimately, it’s probably not ideal for homeowners looking for an affordable, short-term security plan.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

This is the worst company ever!!!! I have been trying to get a hold of them for over a month. No one ever returns my call. They say they are going to call back but never does!!!! My alarm system goes off for no reason at all and if it is after 9pm there is no one there to help!!!! God forbid you really need the police. You would probably die before someone got you any help!!!! I have asked to speak to several managers and still no help!! If I could give zero stars that would still be giving them more than they deserve.

This company should be put out of business so stay far away. The workers there don't care about customers. They are a total piece of garbage!!!! I'm going to report them to state and federal agencies. I have a list of names and extensions of people who work there and they will be reported for neglect and not doing their job. I find this extremely shameful for a company to treat people this way when they are supposed to be protecting people. Well this company doesn't protect anyone. The only thing they are good for is taking your money!!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

Safe Home Security provides low-quality service. First, my home security system was off. The company gave me all kinds of excuses for not coming to fix it. As a result, my home had no security protection for more than two months. Then one night, my alarm system was triggered accidentally. The company called for me to provide the dispatch passcode. I said I had never been provided one by the company. Then it called in the police for no reason. Then I got a $100 charge from the police. I told the company that this is not a fair charge. The representative called Michelle just denied any wrongdoing on the part of the company. Sad. This is not a trustworthy company.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I have a 5 year contract, but system has been broken for 5 months. They insist I pay, but cannot use it!!! They say they cannot find a repairman. They get paid. I don’t get service. I call but nothing changes. Terribly frustrated. Shouldn’t they have to hold up their end of the contract legally?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

We were told they could move the security system to our new home when we moved. We have moved into our new home, and they are now telling us they have no one to install the system into our home. They are still billing us and we are not receiving their service. They are saying we are in a contract until 2025 and will have to pay thousands of dollars to get out of this contract. Even though we have no security system!! This company is a scam! Please beware!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

They took over my account information from another company. However, my contract was finished, but they kept billing me. I called them to make sure that everything was cancelled. That didn't help. They reported me to Transunion, as if I was late on payments. I called them to fix it. They said that they would, but they didn't.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

To even give this company 1 stars is an insult to stars. Two years ago, we had a salesman from Safe Home Security knock on our door and claim he could save us money on our existing security system. I specifically remember discussing our plan to move in the next couple years with the salesman and the fact that we didn’t want to be under contract for that reason. We wanted to maintain flexibility to cancel at any time because of our uncertain timeline. I was assured MULTIPLE times that would be the case and we’d have that flexibility to cancel on a month to month basis at our discretion. We still said no several times, but he was badgering to the point that we believed him and that’s the only reason we opted to move forward.

I called Safe Home on August 22nd to submit our cancellation request for the end of August. Keep in mind I called several times the week before, but could never get anybody to answer after staying on hold for 20-30 minutes each time. To my complete shock, I’m informed that we are not able to cancel and we would owe monthly dues through 2025 if we did. I am absolutely stunned. In hindsight, I am absolutely appalled by the unethical business practices of this company and the manipulation that occurred.

Over the past week and a half, I have either emailed or called daily. Could not get a response at all! Finally received a response this morning from Tonia, the manager of Customer Retention. It was a complete joke - the most heartless, least empathetic business email I've ever received. Essentially told me I'm screwed and I owe them $1,000+ to get out of my contract. As if that isn't enough, they will "offer" to move my old system to our new address for a large fee. Keep in mind, this isn't even their equipment! I already had it prior to signing up with them! Utter embarrassment of a company. Stay as far away as you can. I have never felt more scammed in my life. Cannot believe a company with these ethical and moral standards still exists.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Add my voice to many across the country advising people NOT to use this company. They use predatory, high pressure sales tactics to target unsuspecting people, often seniors on a fixed income, into signing long term contracts. I was signed to a contract by a sales rep despite the fact that I was selling my home. The fault is mine for signing but the tactics used to convince me to do so were reprehensible. The result is I am stuck in a contract I don’t want and the equipment installed is going back to the company after three months of use. I cannot reach anyone to negotiate a lower payment, which I am willing to do. Clearly this is a business practice on their part. If anyone knocks on your door representing this company, say “No thank you” and slam the door as quickly as you can. These people are a nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I am writing this review to explain the complaint again in regard to my account with Safe Home Security INC, I signed up with SHS since July 2021 and traveled overseas for health reason and trusted in Safe Home Security to protect my house and to provide me the best service as I been promised. The equipments installed in my house is faulty equipments, The Alarm System is defective. The equipment has been provided from independent contractor, I have cameras and alarm pad in the house. All of it is faulty and bad quality, as well misrepresentation mad by your contractor unfairly lock me in long term contract, The Fees not what I been promised. Reached out multiple times to customer service to fix the issues. Didn’t get the right response, please note this is a breaching of trust As well.

When I reached out to the Billing Department which was very hard to reach, they explained for me that the free six months been promised is actually $4.99 so basically is not free and the monthly charges is $69.99 which this not what I agree on. The billing department informed me that’s on the contract which was not represented to me or sent out, the Safe Home Security installation agents let us signed on a digital Tablet. I hope someone hear my voice and honor the consumer protection act in USA, I would like to cancel the contact which been not represented to me and get refund for all the amounts I been charged since I signed up in July 2021. Note the alarm as well in my house been not alarmed for long time and that leaves my house without protection. Please respond to my letter as soon possible and have the account cancel and the fees refunded.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

A sleazy door to door sales guy pulled a fast one on us and locked us into a multi year service contract. They want 90% of the total 3 year amount to get out of it, and even if you sell your house they hunt you. They haven't provided me anything for over a year and they still want their monthly payment. They say it's like a contract to buy a car but there is no physical item involved the equipment was "free" and they refused to let me return it.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Horrible Company. I have been trying to cancel their service for over a month. I've called over 5 times and as requested I have sent in several email to cancel. I have yet to get a response and when I call in, they always say they understand and will have someone with some authority get back with me. Of course, they never do. They always have an excuse. In the meantime, they are charging my account each month. Don't sign with this company. They are very unprofessional.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Home Security partner.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information