Safe Home Security, Inc.

Cronwell, CT

Compare Home Alarm & Security Systems

Research top Home Alarm & Security Systems recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had Safe Home Security for over 6 years and have tried to opt in favor of a better system from AT&T. They have refused to honor and accept my removal from their service. Instead, they extended my service for another year and have threatened me with collection and negative reports to credit bureaus. This is the absolutely the worst consumer experience that I have ever had. I have asked them to send me every contractual document that has my signature indicating that are treating my case fairly and legally. I have at this point I have no choice to pay until they send me my contractual commitments and my attorney can verify my claim. DO NOT BECOME INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY! You will regret it.

Security One contacted me by stealing my information from ADT. Told me they were taking over ADT and "we're offering me a great deal." I had alarm installed with intentions of having a camera with alarm. When installer arrived he told me that the camera he had wasn't very good and I would be better off getting one from Costco and installing one myself.

I've had the alarm from Safe Home for over a year now and it hasn't worked properly since I've had it. Several false alarms. Was called by alarm company and told someone was breaking in my house. Left work and speeded home to find everything just as I left it. No break ins. No police responding. Called for service and took off from work to meet service person. They never showed! Called and tried to cancel the whole alarm and was told I can't until contract is up. Scheduled second service appointment. Was told no openings for three weeks yet I still have to pay for service since I'm in a contract! This company is a rip off and should be shut down. Beware.

To begin, we sign up with SHS in 2015. In March 2016, we had a false smoke detector alarm. I spoke with the person over the system and explained something is wrong with this detector. The lady I spoke with scheduled an appoint for service. No one ever showed up. After this, and going through many medical issues...The alarm did not go off, so we let it go. All indications was that it was fine. IT WAS NOT.

In June 2016, we had 2 false alarms again. Both times, I spoke with SHS on the intercom, that all was fine. After the 2nd alarm, I requested to have someone check my system. I was informed that the service COULD NOT be arranged until 3 weeks later. As I said, dealing with many health issues... when I was told it would be 3 weeks, my 1st question was "how can you be a security company?" Then, so I pay for a month and only 1 week of service. Doing this, YOU ARE NOT!!!

I sat and read my 3 year contract. On the contract it gives a fax number to fax the cancellation to. In addition, even though I did not agree...it said to cancel, you had to pay the current and next months charges...which they had already taken. I cancelled the auto pay at my bank. They can NOT get to my money anymore...without a courtroom...I PRAY. Due to my circumstances, and had to act on behalf of MY family's safety. THEY BREACHED THE CONTRACT due to not providing the security they claim to provide. 3 weeks away is a joke. And in mine and many other's book IS NOT A SECURITY COMPANY. Anyone WILL see this the same way. It's like a bank opening the doors and leaving. Take what you want. LOL.

My system was COMPLETELY removed in early July 2016. The complete system has been shut off since June 23rd 2016. I get regular calls from them for money. As soon as I mention the step in cancellation, they hang up. Back in June 23rd 2016, after finding all this out, I became very UPSET to say is being kind because, I have my wife, her sister and a 3 year old living in my home...and I had MAJOR brain surgery on July 14th. I have screen copies of my login with them. And keep in mind it is 2017. Over 6 months my online status has been shown as June 23rd 2016 10 - 11 AM. I have YET to get a call after 6 months, other than threatening me to pay up...that I cannot cancel.

I explained that THEY breached the contract, failing to service equipment, as stated in THEIR contract. I followed it to the letter. Still no service from them and MANY threatening calls on a regular basis. Since this is happening, and I find them on the phone, I say "1 moment please. Yes I am her, and by law I must inform you that this conversation is being recorded. Most object, or just hang up." The objections, I just tell them, "the answering from THE COMPANY notified was being recorded. Why can't I. What are you afraid of." So they hang up. Put in request for a manager now 4 times. Only answering machine and no call back.

After I recovered well enough from removing the aneurysm, with brain surgery...SO I am tired and talking to a very good friend and my attorney...he's ready. This is NOT phone harassment or any minor issue. They have put my wife, son, sister-in-law and her 3 yr old IN DANGER. I keep begging them to take it to court and if it shows on my credit report, we would have a major legal problem. GOOD LUCK. Almost sounds to me, they need class act (Group) to file. Worked with my friend against a very similar company. It went very very well. The company, between both attorneys and 3 others they flew in from Colorado...tally they paid just over $250,000.

PS. Please not all problems shown are right now...and the dates on the problems over 6 months ago. Also, I think my attorney has the contract but I DO have these 2 attachment, they are playing games. The bill says Safeguard Security, but the log in print of my status also shows SHS (Safe Home Security). Top left corner.

We had a different company for almost 10 years until SHS bought them out. Now it's a nightmare! They will not call you back and will not stop drafting your account! STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!! THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY AND WILL NOT STOP! BAD COMPANY!!!

Got sales call from Safe Home; decided to try them. They came out too early and I wasn't home yet or ready for them to come. The person who came told me that he was not even close to prepared for the job he was given, even though I told them all the windows and doors as well. He could not answer basic questions about my systems other than "this one is wireless," however, that wasn't my question.

The guy has to come back and he said that he didn't think I would have the "free installation" b/c of the need for all the windows (despite me giving the number of windows/doors I have). I told him "the person on the phone said it didn't matter it was all covered," and he said, "Well that might be the case." I told him it would be the case or there would be no business interaction b/c several companies have called to get our business and we have the opportunity to get a good deal. He stated multiple times that the middle persons who set up the call and sales pitch had nothing to do with him, that they don't work for the company, they are a "middle man."

Not taking any responsibility for the services that got them the business in the first place. I'm glad the guy had to leave and didn't have the supplies necessary to do the job, I haven't even gotten a callback. Based on the interaction alone and the lack of communication and continuity from Safe Home, I will NOT use this company. I'm glad I'm I didn't get stuck with them given the amount of negative reviews here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

A few hours ago, my alarm was "tripped" and the only notification I received was via e-mail!!! About 2.5 hours after the 1st e-mail was sent to me is when I viewed that e-mail... No one called me to tell me that my front door alarm was going off. Safe Home Security sent me an e-mail!!! They actually sent me 2 e-mails telling me my alarm was going off! I cannot explain how disturbed I was to read that this event this took place over 2 hours ago. I cannot believe they didn't call me immediately, directly on my cell phone which is the number I provided them as the 1st call. They did however call my home phone, which the answer machine recorded 37 attempts by them. I'm floored and a bit angry that they didn't call me directly on my cell phone. On top of that, there is no callback phone number listed in the e-mail, only a Reference #.

I called into customer service, and I'm again surprised to find that there is not an option to speak to someone regarding an alarm event. I chose option 2... Customer service, and was promptly put on hold, and then hung up on. Called back, and spoke to someone who was very apologetic, but could offer no explanation for why I wasn't called. He did suggest that I speak to his Manager, who was currently on the phone but advised me to leave a message and he promised the Manager would call me back. I'm still waiting for that return phone call. I did not sign up with this company, I signed up with Security One and was extremely pleased with their Customer Service. I'm thoroughly disappointed and concerned about this company's customer service going forward.

I am a subscriber to Security One. I was surprised to hear that it is changed to Safe Home Security and later I was told that it is still Security One but contracted to Safe Home. My alarm keeps going off and I was told I can only get a service guy to come in 2 WEEKS and I will have to deactivate my alarm even though I am still paying every month. Then I received a call saying there is no service guy available - it will be three weeks before someone can come because they are too busy in other areas. I was also told that since my contract is up - I will have to pay for the battery myself and also for the service call. Later I called the office again to change my credit card auto payment- I was told that the change cannot be done until 2 weeks later. There must be something very magical about 2 weeks with this company. I am absolutely disappointed with this company - Security One or is it Safe Home Security?

Twice we have tried to cancel this service and each time we have been explicitly lied to about the contract renewal date so that when we called on the day they told us to call to cancel the policy had already auto-renewed for 2 years.

I signed up with Security One two years ago. I was recently told that Safe Home Security had bought my contract. My payments are automatically withdrawn and nothing changed so I was unaware. Recently there was an issue with my system. I had been ill and hadn't reported it. As luck would have it someone called to get me to renew my contract. I told the person on the phone that I would renew with the tech when he fixed my alarm. She said the visit would be free because I was renewing. I asked if they could come the next day which was Veterans Day and I was off work. She said she needed to email tech. No one showed up and no one called me. I call back on Tuesday the following week. I was told they could fix problem on phone. Not only could they not fix the problem but made it worse.

Then I was told three weeks for a service call. I ask to speak with a supervisor and I was told the only person higher than the person I was speaking to was the owner. I said then have the owner call me. Of course no phone call. I decided that I may need some of the equipment replaced. I called customer service to find my local office so I can just change our equipment and be done. The customer service person told me they didn't know the address. Unbelievable! Then she transferred me to a supervisor. He was rude. He told me my appointment was never confirmed. I didn't have a service ticket in. He tried to put words in my mouth. He called me intimidating. He said they were one of the largest alarm companies in the world but they only have one tech in my area and he is only available on Thursdays, which I was never told before. This Thursday was Thanksgiving so I would need to wait another week.

The bottom line is I pay this company monthly to monitor my alarm system. If the system isn't working they can't monitor it. If I am paying for alarm service that is because I feel I need it. When I report a problem I expect it to be taken care of in a courteous and timely manner, the same way I pay my bill each month. I decided I want out of my contract. I was told to send in a letter now but I had to keep paying until August when my contract expire. If I didn't send in a letter my contract will be automatically renewed.

I never chose this company. After reading the reviews I would have never chose them. There should be a way I could end this contract. They are not protecting me and my family if I have faulty equipment and have to wait weeks for them to replace it. After reading reviews not only will I have to wait weeks but I will have a big bill to accompany my wait. All these people do is collect a check. If my alarm goes off they call the cops. In the two years it's went off once by mistake and no one notified me. They said they didn't have my cell. When I signed up I provided my cell as well as my son's. They said they called the house. Obviously I wasn't at home. I have had alarm service since the 90's and never had a problem.

We were first involved in this situation via our contract and involvement with Point Home security. It seems that there are others in our position. Point Home Security was a sham of a company, which could never get billing straight, and which did not ever answer the phone or return voice mails. Evidently they were bought out of bankruptcy by SHS, which is not surprising. We thought we were out of the woods as SHS could at least get the billing straight, but not so.

Oddly enough, when our 3-year contract with PHS ran out in 8/2016, SHS cancelled our contract without inquiring whether we wanted to continue service, which I thought was rather unusual. Usually companies want to keep charging you. I looked at other security companies but everyone wanted $2K up front for all new equipment so I contacted SHS to continue service at 1/2 the former price as the equipment was all paid for. This was finalized in 9/2016 and I thought all was good. However in 10/2016 the Alarm.com APP stopped working and after several calls to them they pointed the finger at SHS. I called SHS 3 times (at least they do answer the phone) and was told each time that the problem would be fixed with Alarm.com and I would be contacted when that was accomplished, which never happened.

I just called them for the 4th time and now they say they are discontinuing to work with Alarm.com and need to switch me over to Quantum, and that requires a second service call. So it has taken 4 weeks and 7 calls to Alarm.com and SHS and I still have to deal with scheduling another service call (they came out when I re-upped service in 9/2016 already), and evidently have to deal with another APP. Just a huge disappointment. We knew PHS was a dog and now it looks like SHS is no better. By the time this is over I will have made 10 telephone calls and dealt with two service calls and I don't know when it will be done with. Something like this should have been fixed with the first call or two. I, and I assume anyone else, doesn't have time to deal with inconsistent and poor customer service. I would urge everyone to avoid SHS like the plague and start with a reputable security company with good customer service and prompt follow up.

As indicated, this company has been a VERY POOR choice for us. Salesman GEORGE harassed the household daily with pressured sales until we unfortunately signed, without reading the contract closely enough. 50 months. Yes, 50 months, and then "automatic renewal" unless a cancellation letter is on file. I have called MANY times to ask for any other options... they me paying the entire contract updated front if I want to cancel my service. 36 months to go, pay in full every year, and NO options. "You signed the contract... it is legal and binding." HORRID. Even when the alarm has sounded there has been no response, so kiss your $30.00/mo goodbye. Did I say HORRID??? Horrid. UnAmerican. Bullies. Pressured sales to vulnerable elderly clientele. Horrid.

This business is a scam. I cannot even remember when, years ago I was coming from work, a representative or salesperson knocked on my door, wish I didn't open it. He told me all about their alarm. He told me to try for 30 days. If not satisfied within 30 days to call them, so they can cancel my account. In 30 days I called them to cancel it. They agreed and I did send them their equipment. That was last time I heard from them. Today I was just relaxing and receive mail from collection agency Hillcrest Davidson and Associates telling me I need to pay $2647.12. I was shocked. If you are suing this company please add my name there too. Thanks. Hope to hear from you.

Do not use this company!!! They will bill you for services they never provided (see the list of close to 800 BBB complaints, most around this same complain), will hound you to sign a new and longer contact, and be very rude to you if you don't. The long list of complaints all seem to revolve around this theme and there was even a class action law suit against them. I can't believe they are allowed to continue to do business as their business practices are very shady. Don't take my word for it, read the reviews here and also on the BBB... 1,000+ angry customers laying similar claims aren't likely to be wrong.

I was signed a contract with Security One and learn that they are partner with SHS which as known as Safe Home Security. I am now share my worst experience to all of you - Do not sign contract or extended service contract with them, they're only wants your money but not provide the service. If you already did you'll be sooner find out why - when your alarm system goes off or failure. First you will be ask to pay $89 dollars per visit that is not include parts to fix your alarm. If you not happy about the fees you will be offer by pay more money and sign your service 3 more years. If you not agree any of it you should be end up just like me - pay the monthly charge but don't have your alarm working. That is the situation I am encounter now.

I finally managed to scheduled service call 2 month ago, but their technician didn't came for the appointment date. After few more phone calls they offer me to pay $10 more a months to buy their protection plan but needs to sign for 3 more years, by signing new contract they will arrange the service tech visit me as soon as BY the following week! I can't believe what I've heard, I complaint "Why is different between pay the service or buy the protection plan? I'm still your customer." Why I need to wait for one month for the service if I don't want to sign 3 more years to buy their protection plan. I am paying SHS monthly fee without alarm to be working for 2 months now and I know there are 200 & more people were filed dissatisfaction because SHS is NOT trustworthy company. They have no rights to continue collect money from the consumer which they did not provide fair service to their customers.

This is the worse company I've experienced in a long time. I have a motion detector that keeps going off and Safe Home Security sent a technician that was rude, disrespectful and was screaming at me because I didn't know which detector was malfunctioning (because I wasn't home) or what was wrong with it. He couldn't fix it so I ask for another technician to come out and they say they won't send another technician out and that I am refusing service from them. They won't cancel my contract even though the alarm does not work and they won't come fix it. They won't return phone calls and when you talk to them they are so rude. Dazzel, the customer service rep, is so rude, and she lies about everything like she's going to call you back.

This company also set up police, fire and medical service 82 miles away from my house and would not change it at all. If I had a fire at my house it would take the fire department 2 hours to get there. SHS is trying to bully me into letting this guy who is so scary back in my house even though I don't feel safe with him in my house. They don't care about my safety which is why they haven't fixed my alarm. Please stay far away from this company as possible. They are bad news and no one should have to deal with this type of bad customer service.

As of today 2 years have gone by and Safe Home Security sticked a nasty collection agency on my tail. They've called me nonstop for the last 2 years. I ended up blocking their number on my phone. They need to stop the law in new york state says that for 2 years they can call me. It's been over that and they insist on trying to collect on an account from 2013 for about 600$. Why can't they stop the nonsense and just forget it?

I've sent them a copy of the tax deed sale to my house when it was repoed over 2 years ago. They said bull. I said "nope I'm outta my house." They said they want money. I said "nope, don't think so." If anybody reads this, STAY FAR AWAY FROM SAFE HOME SECURITY. Don't sign up with them. They're scam artist. They trick you if you get a rep to your house. They sign you up for another 5 years behind your back, you don't pay. They stick a nasty collection agency on your ass. They wreak havoc on your credit too. Stay Away from these evil people. They're a ripoff. STAY AWAY!!!

We are hooked for 3 yrs contract with a very bad service, it's been 6 months we are not using our alarm due to some wire that trigger to sound in the middle of the night. We called many times for someone to fix it because we already encounter a problem during the installation and a guy promise to come back once it trigger again and exchange to a wireless to avoid the problem. Few months ago my husband called them to fixed the wire and told they will not charge us but we come up with a almost $100 charge for service for the fact that the person who fixed the wires told us no charge, Now our alarm system waking us up in the middle of the night since June and we no longer use the alarm and we keep calling for help... nobody is coming to fix it.

SAFE HOME SECURITY should stop fooling people with their rip off service and we need to complaint to Better Business Bureau (BBB). I was warned before by our neighbor about SAFE that gave them too much of trouble. Anyways, SAFE told my husband they will refund us the money we paid until now we have not receive anything from them. We called again they said the money is already credited to us... credited how? we do not know.

5 years ago signed home security contract with Point Home Security, now known as Safe Home Security. Per original contract I just need to give them 30 days notice of termination before contract end. Safe Home said we didn't give them the 60 days required per their contract. Now they renewed our contract for another two years! Is that legal? I put a stop pay on my checking account. Now they are sending me an invoice. How do I get out of this? Help!

STAY AWAY... This company doesn't return calls. You can only get through to billing. All customer service representatives do is pass you off to a voice recording if you have a complaint, stating that they will get back to you; they never do! They added erroneous information to my credit report and it took me three months to get it resolved. I will contact my State Attorney General regarding my complaint of misleading sales tactics. Again, "STAY AWAY."

This is the worst security company ever!! You will regret signing a contract with this company. We are two months into having defective equipment. The motion detectors were not working when the installation guy installed the system. We called a least 10 times to complain about the defective system and still no one has come out to repair it. Meanwhile, they are telling us that we signed a contract and can't get out of it. We are filing a complaint with state attorney general's office and state alarm licensing board.

Please stay far away from safe home security!!! They are a rip off!!! They sold me faulty equipment and then told me it was not covered under the warranty. Stay far far away from them.

Deceptive, unethical business practices. They make trying to terminate service impossible, even after contract term has expired. Meanwhile, I'm 4+ weeks into having defective AND antiquated equipment, and they are keeping me hanging for weeks at a time with rescheduled repairs, no callbacks, etc. Filing complaint with state attorney general's office and state alarm licensing board.

Note that Safe Home Security (at time of this writing) has only a 1 star rating. Any research will show that you can do much better for a home security system - in pricing, contract, and quality of product/service. They have been absolutely awful to work with. 1) They are way overpriced. Not competitive. 2) When we retired, sold our large home, and moved into a rented retirement home SHS would now allow us to cancel our contract. They are unbending! You would regret ever doing business with them. What if you lost your job, were transferred, or otherwise needed to move? You would very much regret having used this company.

This is a bad company through and through. I had a new (upgraded) system installed a few months ago. The alarm has gone off in the middle-of-the-night almost a dozen times since it was installed. I have not been able to get the system serviced. They claim to have no record of any service calls that I made. An imbecile named Princess described herself as a manager and was unbelievably rude and insulting. If nine other customers give glowing reviews compared to my one extremely negative review, just keep in mind that 10% of the sample feels that the company stinks and does not keep their home secure. The worst of the worst.

This is the worse company I have been with. I do not know if they are the same, the installers and the monitor company, but first they come into my house with lies. They pretended to be my old security company, when I signed I figured that was another different company, but they offered me a "GOOD DEAL", so I accepted to change, they made the installation, they did not install it right, they came like three more time to fix the installation, but never worked anyways, and now they want me to pay, for 6 months of service, which service?? I want to cancel, but I have to pay too much money, they promise me to send technicians to fix the system, but nobody shows, I'm so disappointed and angry. Is there something I can do? It is not fair that they treat us like that and take our money for nothing. If somebody find the way, please let me know.

Had the same problem and we were only 2 weeks past their date so I have to wait another year. So at the end of June, well I am sending it in April 2017 to cancel. Meanwhile I had been with them since 2007.

For the past 3 months I have been getting bills from Safe Home Security for service they did not provide because the service was terminated and the fee was paid. After calling 3 times today (their automated system likes to hang up on you) I finally talked to a supervisor named Jerry **. I found out that the company had created TWO accounts for me, and he didn't understand why. I DON'T CARE WHY! When I spoke to this same man last month, he assured me it was taken care of and I would not be billed again. So much for assurances. I told him I wanted confirmation of this action (repairing their mistake) in writing, signed by a real person and was told they don't have to do that, they would send an email. We'll see.

I have been with Safe Home Security for about 3 years. When I called they made me sign a customer appreciation form. When I called back they said I renewed my contract. The representative never told me it was a renewal contract. Now I am stuck with them for another 5 years. Help. How do I get out.

Was offered a free battery and security upgrade in March of 2016 and in June was charged $199 from my bank account sending my account into overdraft. Previously had talked to someone about cancelling my service and once I got the upgrade had to have a new contract in order to keep service once they overdraft my account spoke with a supervisor about the overdraft and they said that they would give me two months credit to my bill which was $89 for the two months but the overdraft was over $130 so I have to take the loss and can't get out of the contract for two maybe three years. I give this I give this company a -10 rating. Signed, unhappy customer.

This company is amazing. I totally love it. Best satisfaction I've ever had with any company in my past life. And best thing is they are very reasonable. Always ready to work with your budget - very affordable. I can proudly say when I am in or away from my home I feel 110% satisfaction and peace of mind. Will never ever try out any other company. Love you guys and thanks for the services.

Expert Review

Erin RaubAlarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.    More about Erin→

Safe Home Security was established in 1988 and is available in select areas of the United States. The company is known for its no-frills but flexible alarm packages, which combine security, fire and medical services.

• Flexible packages: From ultra basic to comprehensive, SHS offers nine different alarm and security packages.
  • Multiple offerings: Safe Home Security bundles basic anti-burglary services with fire protection and medical plans.
  • No home phone required: Unlike many companies that require landline phone service, at least as a backup, SHS offers plans that do not require any home phone connection.
  • Customer service: SHS customer service works not only to protect from burglary but also includes fire alert systems and medical. Customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They also like the easy payment plan: automatic payments from a bank account or credit card, quarterly invoices, or one simple payment for the year.
  • Home automation: SHS does not currently offer any home automation packages.
  • Best for Homeowners and hands-off consumers.

Compare Home Alarm & Security Systems