Cronwell, CT

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.03/5

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I have had Safe Home Security (SHS) for approximately 18 months. I have 18 months left on my contract and I cannot wait until I can get rid of this company. The first 15 months were fine. Never had to call them and deal with their customer service so I didn’t notice the problem with them. In July of this year we began planning for a move.

I called SHS and I talked with Bill ** extension ** (Claims to be a Manager). I inquired about moving my service and the costs associated with it. He told me that there is a $199 fee to move. I asked what it was for and he stated it was an administrative fee and it covered the uninstall and the reinstall. I asked him if I could save money by doing it myself and he said, "You can do it by yourself but the fee will still be charged." He also told me my contract would have to be renewed for another 36 months on top of what I have remaining. I ended the phone conversation and told him I would get back with them.

Approximately 1 week later, I called again and I talked with someone that goes by KK, extension **. This gentleman was exceptional and did not lie to me. He told me the $199 was a $99 uninstall fee and a $99 reinstall fee. He further stated there was no admin fee. KK also said that I would not have to extend my contract. I would just have to sign a new contract for the remaining months on the current contract. (Make this guy the Manager.) I signed the new contract and requested the uninstall appointment. 2 -5 days later, Bill ** called me back and wanted to schedule the appointment. He was taking too long due to our move rapidly approaching, so I requested to uninstall myself. He told me the alarm was shut down and I was able to do it. In the meantime he was supposed to schedule the reinstall at the new location and get back with me. I requested 2 September.

Approximately 5 September rolled around and I still haven’t heard from anyone. I called the customer service number and the lady I talked with told me that Bill had it scheduled but never called me so we missed the appointment. I requested it be rescheduled. I also requested a manager over Bill call me so we can talk about all of these issues. After discussing everything with her. I felt as though she would take care of it, but I was wrong. Finally, approximately 1 week later, Bill called again and said he was scheduling my reinstall. I heard back from him eventually with a date and time about 1 week later. That date and time rolled around and no one showed up, but they did charge my account for the Instal ($99). Again I called Safe Home Security Customer Service and requested they refund the money or set up an appointment that they could ensure.

Today, it is October 15 and I still don’t have a refund or an install completed. I have tried to request to speak with someone higher up and no one will help. This has been the worst service and organization I have ever dealt with. If someone from the leadership at the corporate office could reach out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

This company should not be in business!! Bunch of liars. Unprofessional, rude people! My smoke alarm been going on for 2 weeks. Called several times. Could not help me over the phone. First they scheduled me in one week which is crazy given the sound of the smoke alarm, I couldn't sleep. My poor mom just had hip surgery and had to listen to that sound! When the time came for the appointment they called me that the technician car broke down and I have to wait for another week for them to come out!

When that came they cancelled me again on the same day saying that they couldn't get the part that need it to be replaced. Of course another lie! So right of way I called to cancel my contract, they told me I have to email the request, which I did. No one reached out so I called and they claim they never got it so I sent it 3 more times. It's been going on now 3 weeks, I called several times. Spoke to 4 different people, everyone of them telling me a different story, the system is down, also the email is down. So they make it impossible for you to cancel your contract!! Also they are extremely rude. If you start complaining they put you on hold or transfer you somewhere then disconnect you! So my next step is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the same time I will contact the attorney general's office! I do not understand how they are allowed to stay in business! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I want to give Negative grade! Don't do any business with this company, and don't come close to them. Starting Feb 2020 our alarm system was getting insane. Charging itself when we were at home, start alarming for no reason (even when it wasn't on) and so on. We called the company to get it fixed - it took a month, they send someone who said they cannot fix it and they will send replacement. After another month of false alarms we called again and again the same guy came with the same answer! At that point, he disconnect my alarm system completely.

Since then, after dozen call to the call center, we finally got a new system but no one came to install it!!!! It is ridiculous, we are trying to talk to some manager there, but we get nowhere. We are trying to get service and it will be only in a month! And they refuse to pay me for the months I got no service. I really wish I could break in the middle of my contract with them, but afraid it is illegal (if anyone knows different please let me know). I never give such bad critics, but do your self a big favor - don't do anything with that company!!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

The Service was OK in 2015 - at my home - so added my daughter's where they tried to piggyback onto the ADT system which never worked and they were full of excuses to do with a window that was not making the connection. I had a 3 yr. contract for my daughter's home (where she no longer lives) and now they are saying I owe for a 4th yr. because I did not notify them the month prior to the contract being due and they continued to take the money from my checking account which I stopped as soon as I realized what they were doing. This is definitely NOT the company in which anyone wants involvement - by the way we have not used their service in either house for the past 2 yrs. - They are still billing me.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

The first months it worked well and I had no problems with it. After the first months, I called a few times and the operator was helpful. When I called today, the customer service representative immediately became rude when I asked her to look into my account. She said her "system" was down and transferred me without my permission to a "recorded" message asking me to leave my name.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I had a security system (first time) installed by American Homesecures, Dallas, TX ** back in October 10, 2019. Everything's been fine until I understand Safe Home Security, Middletown, CT ** acquired American Homesecures. It's been a mess since the acquisition. I made my payment in June 2020 (for the month of July) to American Homesecures c/o Cornerstone Billing, Orland Park, IL **. After that I find out about the acquisition. The e-check was processed, Cornerstone said American Homesecures had it, American Homesecures said they needed the bank confirmation number (which I gave them) and they said they would send it to Safe Home Security. As of July 9, 2020 Safe Home Security said they haven't received it. Moreover they said I owe 2 months payment (or something). What? A real mess. In short I want to find another Security company but I did have an agreement with American Homesecures.

I understand the Attorney General of Connecticut is suing Safe Home Security. Safe Home Security has an email address on their website but they said they didn't get my emails and I haven't received any response. I used to get email invoices from American Homesecures regularly. Safe Home Security said they would send me (something) in the mail USPS but I haven't received anything yet. I don't need to deal with Safe Home Security anymore. I've read nothing but complaints about them. A very bad experience. My agreement was with American Homesecures NOT Safe Home Security. I need to find another Security company. Please.

Original review: June 19, 2020

This company should lose their license and the owner belongs in jail. Attorney General Maura ** is suing residential security provider Safe Home Security in Middletown, Connecticut and chief executive David **. Her complaint accuses the company of automatically renewing contracts even when customers tried to cancel, charging for services that were never provided, charged unlawful late fees and interest and harassing consumers. Safe Home Security created the fake contract over the phone with my husband for five years. The representative Justin ** emailed the contract for reviewing, I never signed it. Dominque ** on the phone stated that I faked my husband's signature and he needs to file a police report against me! From the beginning, they pretended to be a different company, we had our alarm with (SecurityOne).

Albert ** came to our door to inform us that Security One changed their name to SHS. He gave us the booklet of Security One, he crossed the name with a pen and wrote his info on it, along with the new name of the company (SHS) and the phone number 800-833-3211 ext. **. When the alarm stopped working we asked few times to fix it but they were not able to do it, blaming it on our new phone system. When I called Security One for help I was informed that it was a scam, they never changed their name, SHS stole our information. We have a small child and we didn't want to risk any longer to live without the working alarm. We installed the new system with ADT. We called SHS many times to ask to cancel the contract we never signed but they refused to do so. Now they are damaging my husband's excellent credit score. We have submitted the claim with the BBB and Attorney General.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I own a rental property. My renter called me and asked if she can get an alarm system in the house that she is renting from me. I stated she could and I spoke to the salesman over the phone and he stated he needed me to come sign to give permission to put the alarm system in the house. I went over to the house and he had me sign an IPAD stating that I give permission to put the alarm in the home. It was a DocuSign so I never saw any contract on anything on the IPAD. Now I am trying to refinance my house and come to find out that this company put my name on a 3 year contract for this alarm system along with 2 other houses that I don't own that my renter is affiliated with and because the renter has been late paying the bill, there are now 2 lates on my credit report. This company is saying I signed the contract when both me and the renter heard the salesman say I was just signing to give permission.

The renter has tried calling this company along with me and my wife because it showing on her credit report as well, but we have not gotten anywhere with them. They sent me a copy of the contract in my name, with a different address than the address of the house I own, the renter's email address and phone number and they have a date of birth on the contract for me that isn't even my date of birth.

I never received any notices at all from them because the bills are mailed to the renter because it's her alarm system. I would never sign a 3 year contract for a rent that has a 1 year lease. I just want my credit and my wife's credit restored back to how it was and have this company removed from it. The renter has tried to tell them that it is her responsibility and she has made a payment plan agreement with them and she is moving out of our rental this month. Their salesman lied to me and my renter to make a sale and this company needs to be reprimanded for this.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Had this company for 13 years up to November of 2019 when my system had multiple false alarms. I was told no technicians in my area except on Fridays and they were booked several weeks out. I booked the first available Friday appointment and no one came. I called the office and was told that I was not scheduled. I reached again 2 weeks out and once again, no call no show and told that I was not on the schedule. I cancelled my contract, sent back my system as instructed and now the company is still charging me monthly fees for a SERVICE I NO LONGER HAVE. Now today 5/5/2020. I call and they stated that they have no record of my cancellation and I have a signed contract that they refuse to send a copy to me. Don’t do business with this company.

Original review: April 13, 2020

This company is very unprofessional. I had an agent who harassed and threatened me with phone calls, texts and emails because I decided to cancel within my 3 day rights. I've had to call several times because this company continues to send me bills after being told each time that the account was closed. At this point I must contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. This is the WORST company I've EVER dealt with. The worst decision I've ever made in my life!

Safe Home Security, Inc. author review by Ben Mannes

Pricing for Safe Home Security’s monitored home security systems starts at $30 a month. Customers can schedule monthly, quarterly or annual payments. Automatic payments can be set up through a bank account or with a credit card. The company provides a free evaluation to help consumers determine which services they need.

• Security equipment: Safe Home Security offers a free evaluation to help consumers determine which services they need. The company then designs bundle options around those features.

• Security features: You can control all your home security devices from anywhere through the company’s mobile app. With video security monitoring, you can stream camera footage from anywhere. The smart doorbell camera is equipped with two-way voice technology. Safe Home Security plans also offer burglary, fire and medical monitoring services.

• Monitoring services: SHS has memberships with the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NFBA) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). The Security Industry Association certifies SHS's monitoring.

• Installation: SHS also provides yearly on-site system checkups from a professional technician.

• Trial period: The company does not offer a free trial period.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information