Cronwell, CT

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.17/5

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: July 10, 2020

I had a security system (first time) installed by American Homesecures, Dallas, TX ** back in October 10, 2019. Everything's been fine until I understand Safe Home Security, Middletown, CT ** acquired American Homesecures. It's been a mess since the acquisition. I made my payment in June 2020 (for the month of July) to American Homesecures c/o Cornerstone Billing, Orland Park, IL **. After that I find out about the acquisition. The e-check was processed, Cornerstone said American Homesecures had it, American Homesecures said they needed the bank confirmation number (which I gave them) and they said they would send it to Safe Home Security. As of July 9, 2020 Safe Home Security said they haven't received it. Moreover they said I owe 2 months payment (or something). What? A real mess. In short I want to find another Security company but I did have an agreement with American Homesecures.

I understand the Attorney General of Connecticut is suing Safe Home Security. Safe Home Security has an email address on their website but they said they didn't get my emails and I haven't received any response. I used to get email invoices from American Homesecures regularly. Safe Home Security said they would send me (something) in the mail USPS but I haven't received anything yet. I don't need to deal with Safe Home Security anymore. I've read nothing but complaints about them. A very bad experience. My agreement was with American Homesecures NOT Safe Home Security. I need to find another Security company. Please.

Original review: June 19, 2020

This company should lose their license and the owner belongs in jail. Attorney General Maura ** is suing residential security provider Safe Home Security in Middletown, Connecticut and chief executive David **. Her complaint accuses the company of automatically renewing contracts even when customers tried to cancel, charging for services that were never provided, charged unlawful late fees and interest and harassing consumers. Safe Home Security created the fake contract over the phone with my husband for five years. The representative Justin ** emailed the contract for reviewing, I never signed it. Dominque ** on the phone stated that I faked my husband's signature and he needs to file a police report against me! From the beginning, they pretended to be a different company, we had our alarm with (SecurityOne).

Albert ** came to our door to inform us that Security One changed their name to SHS. He gave us the booklet of Security One, he crossed the name with a pen and wrote his info on it, along with the new name of the company (SHS) and the phone number 800-833-3211 ext. **. When the alarm stopped working we asked few times to fix it but they were not able to do it, blaming it on our new phone system. When I called Security One for help I was informed that it was a scam, they never changed their name, SHS stole our information. We have a small child and we didn't want to risk any longer to live without the working alarm. We installed the new system with ADT. We called SHS many times to ask to cancel the contract we never signed but they refused to do so. Now they are damaging my husband's excellent credit score. We have submitted the claim with the BBB and Attorney General.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I own a rental property. My renter called me and asked if she can get an alarm system in the house that she is renting from me. I stated she could and I spoke to the salesman over the phone and he stated he needed me to come sign to give permission to put the alarm system in the house. I went over to the house and he had me sign an IPAD stating that I give permission to put the alarm in the home. It was a DocuSign so I never saw any contract on anything on the IPAD. Now I am trying to refinance my house and come to find out that this company put my name on a 3 year contract for this alarm system along with 2 other houses that I don't own that my renter is affiliated with and because the renter has been late paying the bill, there are now 2 lates on my credit report. This company is saying I signed the contract when both me and the renter heard the salesman say I was just signing to give permission.

The renter has tried calling this company along with me and my wife because it showing on her credit report as well, but we have not gotten anywhere with them. They sent me a copy of the contract in my name, with a different address than the address of the house I own, the renter's email address and phone number and they have a date of birth on the contract for me that isn't even my date of birth.

I never received any notices at all from them because the bills are mailed to the renter because it's her alarm system. I would never sign a 3 year contract for a rent that has a 1 year lease. I just want my credit and my wife's credit restored back to how it was and have this company removed from it. The renter has tried to tell them that it is her responsibility and she has made a payment plan agreement with them and she is moving out of our rental this month. Their salesman lied to me and my renter to make a sale and this company needs to be reprimanded for this.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Had this company for 13 years up to November of 2019 when my system had multiple false alarms. I was told no technicians in my area except on Fridays and they were booked several weeks out. I booked the first available Friday appointment and no one came. I called the office and was told that I was not scheduled. I reached again 2 weeks out and once again, no call no show and told that I was not on the schedule. I cancelled my contract, sent back my system as instructed and now the company is still charging me monthly fees for a SERVICE I NO LONGER HAVE. Now today 5/5/2020. I call and they stated that they have no record of my cancellation and I have a signed contract that they refuse to send a copy to me. Don’t do business with this company.

Original review: April 13, 2020

This company is very unprofessional. I had an agent who harassed and threatened me with phone calls, texts and emails because I decided to cancel within my 3 day rights. I've had to call several times because this company continues to send me bills after being told each time that the account was closed. At this point I must contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. This is the WORST company I've EVER dealt with. The worst decision I've ever made in my life!

Original review: March 20, 2020

I have been a customer of Safe Home Security for 5 years and 10 months ago the system needed maintenance. After 3 attempts to get a technician to our house we decided to cancel service. We were no longer under contract and they deactivated our control panel but continued to charge us monthly. In January we settled with safe home on a $500 bill for service we did not receive and they quietly continued to charge us and the representative that took our payment stated outright that our bill was a $0 balance. This was a lie and they are currently trying to squeeze another $200 out of us and have no interest in fixing the system unless we sign another 3 year contract. Do not do business with them, they will tell you what you want to hear until you decide to go to another provider.

Original review: March 11, 2020

A few days after we got this security system, our heat sensor went out. We have called twice now and they still haven't come to give us a new one. They need to give us a refund for the time we've been without it.

Original review: March 7, 2020

From the first day I signed up with this company I didn't know but was getting scammed into a 66 month contract. Had the service for 16 months and bought out of the contract today. After multiple times being double and sometimes triple charged per month when they would just decide to pull money from my account on file! I recently sold the home with the system in it and called to get it removed so I could take it with me, was told I would be contacted and never was by my closing date. I then had no choice but to buy out my contract for over $1,000. THIS COMPANY IS WORSE THAN THE CROOKS YOU ARE TRYING TO KEEP OUT OF YOUR HOME WITH A SECURITY SYSTEM!

Original review: March 2, 2020

My friend, who is 95 years old was scammed by this company. They signed her up for a 66 month contract. She was already under contract with someone else, but they did not bother to explain that she may have to pay them too. The print was so small that I had to get my glasses and a magnifying glass to read it. On 1/31/2020 She fell and lay on the floor for over 7.5 hours with her arm broke in 2 places. I discovered her there calling out for help and called an ambulance. She repeatedly pushed the button, but nothing happen. She is now in a nursing home. She is lucky she did not lay there and die, while pushing the button the button that did not work. When my husband arrived on the scene he immediately called for service on the equipment.

Contacted the company for someone to check the service. No one has contacted us. Called the 1st time and was told that it is the responsibility of the contract holder to check the equipment for working ability. Person on the line reported that they talked to someone on that day and they were told false alarm. No ambulance needed. She was in the hospital for days. Called again to explain that she would no longer need the service, because she is in the nursing home. They said too bad, she will still need to pay for the service. If she does not it will be turned over to collections. Again, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. YOUR LIFE MAY BE IN SERIOUS DANGER.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

My husband signed a tiny print contract based on what the rep said with this company when they purchased the company we were using. We went along with no issues until we sold our house to move. Suddenly, we are reminded of a 66 month contract that would have to be bought out or brought with us. To make a long story short, we ended up allowing them in our new home to “install” their system. They used all of the existing equipment in the house, nothing new. Honestly, we were just hoping to get through until 2021 to get out the contract.

One of the smoke detectors in our house went bad last night, so I called trying to get the alarm to stop the incessant beeping. They are now trying to force us to extend the contract in order to get the system usable again. They will not schedule a technician to come, will not tell me how much it will cost, or do anything without an extension! Did you know that if you die before this contract expires, they will sue your estate? RUN, RUN FAR AWAY FROM SHS!!!!

Safe Home Security, Inc. author review by Ben Mannes

Pricing for Safe Home Security’s monitored home security systems starts at $30 a month. Customers can schedule monthly, quarterly or annual payments. Automatic payments can be set up through a bank account or with a credit card. The company provides a free evaluation to help consumers determine which services they need.

• Security equipment: Safe Home Security offers a free evaluation to help consumers determine which services they need. The company then designs bundle options around those features.

• Security features: You can control all your home security devices from anywhere through the company’s mobile app. With video security monitoring, you can stream camera footage from anywhere. The smart doorbell camera is equipped with two-way voice technology. Safe Home Security plans also offer burglary, fire and medical monitoring services.

• Monitoring services: SHS has memberships with the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NFBA) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). The Security Industry Association certifies SHS's monitoring.

• Installation: SHS also provides yearly on-site system checkups from a professional technician.

• Trial period: The company does not offer a free trial period.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information