Cronwell, CT

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.18/5

Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

To keep this short don't ever sign up for a security system! Our first contract was getting close to explain expire and we were planning on moving, a guy came and Said they had taken over and that we could have our new home in another state set up with the system, and they works have someone come and remove our old system so we signed a new contract for five years!! No one came to take it out but the rep. Said we could and to take it with us so we did. Kept waiting for installation and finally set up an appointment, the installer called and said he was at our door, well he was at our old address in Idaho!

Sheet many, many calls since the guy we were dealing with was never in his office, he finally tells us the higher ups said they don't service today area and that the new contract was void and we works owe 500 dollars to get out of the contract!! So we're in the first stage of figuring out what we can do!! We feel we signed a contract for a service that they can't provide so it should be cancelled!!! What a nightmare!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

This has been the worst experience I've ever had from a company. They bought out another company and either want us to pay $2k+ to get out of the contract, or $3k+ to get all new cameras so that we can see the video feed from a phone app. The company before them were astute in their services and they were easy to deal with. This company has screwed us as much as possible and refuses to release us from their absolutely abhorrent services.

The biggest mistake of my business has been a 3 year contract with the company that provided us alarm services, seeing as how much of a ** show Safe Home Security is. They even sent ADT to come help us out. They don't even have their own service people. It took 4.5 months to get anyone to come out and move 2 cameras. We have had issues ever since they took over our contract. We were repeatedly lied to about returned phone calls and assistance with services as this 4.5 month process to get a tech to move 2 cameras. Now the cameras are moved and they want us to spend $3k+ to get cameras that work with their system or spend over $2k to get out of the contract. 0/10 would NOT recommend to my worst enemies.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I will never do business here again. They sweet talked me here. Told me all these good things until I got here. It was hell. Now I am stuck here for 3 more years. I can go on and on but I am not. It will take a book to address all the wrongs about this company. Please don’t come here and from the looks of it I should have read reviews first!!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

If allowed I would give no stars. I closed my alarm monitoring account on November 11, 2018 after selling my house. All of a sudden on January 16, 2020 my credit monitoring service advises me Safe Home has sent a negative report to TransUnion stating My account is 90 days past due. I check the credit report and sure enough after showing a $0 balance last posted in 9/2018 it shows $1 90 days past due in 12/2019 and 1/2020. Really??? $1???? Where did that come from??? No explanation or apology from Safe Home when I called them.

One CS agent advised this should not have occurred as my account showed closed November 12, 2018 with no $$ owed and an email stating the problem was fixed would be forthcoming. Also that a request to TransUnion to “scrub” the error would occur. A second call leaving a message with the original CS agent went unanswered. Another call to SHS got me a new CS agent who gave the same response. When the new CS agent verified my email, it was incorrect. I had previously updated it with the first CS agent. I had a stellar credit rating with no negative incidents and now have to spend my time disputing SHS error.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I was never told or warned there was a contract with my security system. I told them when they installed the system we would be cancelling after the first trial month due to financial issues. Never once did anyone tell me at any time that I would be contracted in until 2024 with no way to cancel. I was promised a ring installation system. I have yet to receive one. It's been two months. I have never heard from the company to install my ring. I called them and set an appointment. They never showed or called. So I still don't have my ring and I am paying for this equipment. I have called customer service and have been informed that I signed a contract stating I pay for this service until 2024. Even though I told my adviser we would be cancelling. HE NEVER SAID ANYTHING about there being a contract and told me I could still cancel.

I have now tried to reach out to this adviser and He will not answer my calls. He texted me, saying I can only text him so he can screenshot anything I am saying in case of being used in court. Customer service won't help me and neither will the corporation. I am stuck paying for this and dealing with these people until 2024. That's thousands of dollars I could be using on my newborn. And I have to deal with these people who are "protecting" my home. I feel very unsafe and violated. I should also note when I called my Adviser he would not answer me, but would answer my mom's call, and he told her that my contract would be cancelled.

My mom does not live with me and only called to see if he would pick up a different number. I cant get a hold of him. and he lied to my mom. I need a way out of this. People need to be warned of getting stuck into a contract they are told they can cancel. and then you never receive the full amount of equipment you are promised. I'm feeling robbed while paying for home security.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Do not sign an agreement with this company. Once signed, they don't exist. Contacting a "human" at one of their 800 numbers is like passing an act of Congress. My system has been down since July, 2019. After 5 attempts to call, 3 emails, and numerous hours, I was finally able to speak with a company representative who pretended to "have my back". We scheduled a service call for December 19. Waiting home the entire day, no one showed, called, texted or emailed. I called on Dec 20th, and was told that the appointment was canceled. By whom or why she could not say. She promised a call back from the agent who made the appointment.

On Dec 23, I called again. The person handling my account was not yet in the office, but was expected in 15 minutes and AGAIN I was promised a return call. It only seems logical that since my contract is for "monitoring and service", and I have received neither since July, 2019, I owe nothing, rather, Safe Home owes me 6 months monitoring fee. I'm sure any good judge will agree that Safe Home is in BREACH OF CONTRACT.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I'm a professional who writes this unfortunate review with full candor and it is my intent to warn any customers remotely thinking about this company. Customers want responsive customer service, honesty and professionalism when engaging a home security company. The expectation should be that you feel confident that your home, family and valuables are being protected and monitored in an expeditious fashion.

This is not the case here. In a word this company fails to perform. There are countless negative reviews on the BBB as well. It is clear that there is deep and very serious issue with customer service. The Connecticut attorney general has even cautioned the public about the customer service (or lack thereof) this company provides.

I have innumerable phone calls and spent countless hours on the phone trying to get my account monitored and get the reassurance from a technician that the alarm system is working appropriately. I have spoken with at least 6 different individuals at Safe Home Security. None of whom have been able to help me. All I have heard is excuses, misinformation, deception, and lack of communication for 5 weeks now. Even when they say they will service you they make it tentative or say that their dispatch is not responding. It is obvious to anyone that Safe Home Security does not have adequate resources in place to service its customers. I have wasted countless hours trying to be home for service which has been an inordinate waste of time.

My account has not been monitored by Safe Home since the account was bought on November 6, 2019. Safe Home Security is clearly not a company you can trust to protect and monitor your family and valuables. There are many, many other choices. Do not let this company strong-arm you into thinking that they are competent because a review of this site and the BBB sites would lead you or any honest individual to believe that there are exceptional problems with the company. I only hope that no other family or individual has to endure such lack of professionalism.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

These guys are hustlers and their alarm is sucks..I had some issues in the front door. It keep bypassing. They send me three technicians and they didn’t figure it out. I kept Paying For no service..I don’t recommend.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Keep in mind I'm a reasonable, calm person but this company need to be taught a lesson. Just messing over people, how do we stop them? My contract expired after 3 years and I called and sent in letter to cancelled. They rolled over my contracted for another year and said, "After 10 calls if you don't pay you will be sent to collections." I have not have their system for more than 4 months. WHAT? HOW CAN THIS COMPANY BE IN BUSINESS? If you thinking about them please run as fast as you can. They are scammers. Take them to court! Keep letting people know they are not on the up and up. That why you see only one star. Should be zero. THIS COMPANY IS THE WORST. SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Shady billing practices from this company, in 2016 they took an unauthorized payment from my account and didn’t want to give it back, I stopped auto pay and requested quarterly billing and statements at that time, and used my banks stop payment to get my money back, fast foreword to present, my bill 2 quarters ago came in real short, I knew something was wrong so I paid full amount anyway, new statement new shows past balance due, call them to say I already paid this but they say I must pay anyway, obviously I’m not going to do that so I will update this with final results.

Protect your property with a home alarm

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home security system for you.

Safe Home Security, Inc. expert review by Ben Mannes

Monitored home security system plans start at $30/month. Safe Home Security offers burglary, fire and medical monitoring services.

• Free security assessment: Safe Home Security offers a free evaluation to help consumers determine which services they need. The company then designs bundle options around those features.

• Home automation features: Stream security cameras and control all your home security devices from anywhere through the company’s mobile app.

• Payment options: Customers can schedule monthly, quarterly or annual payments. Automatic payments can be set up through a bank account or credit card.

• Accreditations: SHS has memberships with the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NFBA) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). The Security Industry Association certifies SHS's monitoring.

• Best for: Homeowners and hands-off consumers.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information