Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Cronwell, CT

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.96/5

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

Original review: March 20, 2020

I have been a customer of Safe Home Security for 5 years and 10 months ago the system needed maintenance. After 3 attempts to get a technician to our house we decided to cancel service. We were no longer under contract and they deactivated our control panel but continued to charge us monthly. In January we settled with safe home on a $500 bill for service we did not receive and they quietly continued to charge us and the representative that took our payment stated outright that our bill was a $0 balance. This was a lie and they are currently trying to squeeze another $200 out of us and have no interest in fixing the system unless we sign another 3 year contract. Do not do business with them, they will tell you what you want to hear until you decide to go to another provider.

Original review: March 11, 2020

A few days after we got this security system, our heat sensor went out. We have called twice now and they still haven't come to give us a new one. They need to give us a refund for the time we've been without it.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2020

From the first day I signed up with this company I didn't know but was getting scammed into a 66 month contract. Had the service for 16 months and bought out of the contract today. After multiple times being double and sometimes triple charged per month when they would just decide to pull money from my account on file! I recently sold the home with the system in it and called to get it removed so I could take it with me, was told I would be contacted and never was by my closing date. I then had no choice but to buy out my contract for over $1,000. THIS COMPANY IS WORSE THAN THE CROOKS YOU ARE TRYING TO KEEP OUT OF YOUR HOME WITH A SECURITY SYSTEM!

Original review: March 2, 2020

My friend, who is 95 years old was scammed by this company. They signed her up for a 66 month contract. She was already under contract with someone else, but they did not bother to explain that she may have to pay them too. The print was so small that I had to get my glasses and a magnifying glass to read it. On 1/31/2020 She fell and lay on the floor for over 7.5 hours with her arm broke in 2 places. I discovered her there calling out for help and called an ambulance. She repeatedly pushed the button, but nothing happen. She is now in a nursing home. She is lucky she did not lay there and die, while pushing the button the button that did not work. When my husband arrived on the scene he immediately called for service on the equipment.

Contacted the company for someone to check the service. No one has contacted us. Called the 1st time and was told that it is the responsibility of the contract holder to check the equipment for working ability. Person on the line reported that they talked to someone on that day and they were told false alarm. No ambulance needed. She was in the hospital for days. Called again to explain that she would no longer need the service, because she is in the nursing home. They said too bad, she will still need to pay for the service. If she does not it will be turned over to collections. Again, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. YOUR LIFE MAY BE IN SERIOUS DANGER.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

My husband signed a tiny print contract based on what the rep said with this company when they purchased the company we were using. We went along with no issues until we sold our house to move. Suddenly, we are reminded of a 66 month contract that would have to be bought out or brought with us. To make a long story short, we ended up allowing them in our new home to “install” their system. They used all of the existing equipment in the house, nothing new. Honestly, we were just hoping to get through until 2021 to get out the contract.

One of the smoke detectors in our house went bad last night, so I called trying to get the alarm to stop the incessant beeping. They are now trying to force us to extend the contract in order to get the system usable again. They will not schedule a technician to come, will not tell me how much it will cost, or do anything without an extension! Did you know that if you die before this contract expires, they will sue your estate? RUN, RUN FAR AWAY FROM SHS!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

To keep this short don't ever sign up for a security system! Our first contract was getting close to explain expire and we were planning on moving, a guy came and Said they had taken over and that we could have our new home in another state set up with the system, and they works have someone come and remove our old system so we signed a new contract for five years!! No one came to take it out but the rep. Said we could and to take it with us so we did. Kept waiting for installation and finally set up an appointment, the installer called and said he was at our door, well he was at our old address in Idaho!

Sheet many, many calls since the guy we were dealing with was never in his office, he finally tells us the higher ups said they don't service today area and that the new contract was void and we works owe 500 dollars to get out of the contract!! So we're in the first stage of figuring out what we can do!! We feel we signed a contract for a service that they can't provide so it should be cancelled!!! What a nightmare!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

This has been the worst experience I've ever had from a company. They bought out another company and either want us to pay $2k+ to get out of the contract, or $3k+ to get all new cameras so that we can see the video feed from a phone app. The company before them were astute in their services and they were easy to deal with. This company has screwed us as much as possible and refuses to release us from their absolutely abhorrent services.

The biggest mistake of my business has been a 3 year contract with the company that provided us alarm services, seeing as how much of a ** show Safe Home Security is. They even sent ADT to come help us out. They don't even have their own service people. It took 4.5 months to get anyone to come out and move 2 cameras. We have had issues ever since they took over our contract. We were repeatedly lied to about returned phone calls and assistance with services as this 4.5 month process to get a tech to move 2 cameras. Now the cameras are moved and they want us to spend $3k+ to get cameras that work with their system or spend over $2k to get out of the contract. 0/10 would NOT recommend to my worst enemies.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I will never do business here again. They sweet talked me here. Told me all these good things until I got here. It was hell. Now I am stuck here for 3 more years. I can go on and on but I am not. It will take a book to address all the wrongs about this company. Please don’t come here and from the looks of it I should have read reviews first!!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

If allowed I would give no stars. I closed my alarm monitoring account on November 11, 2018 after selling my house. All of a sudden on January 16, 2020 my credit monitoring service advises me Safe Home has sent a negative report to TransUnion stating My account is 90 days past due. I check the credit report and sure enough after showing a $0 balance last posted in 9/2018 it shows $1 90 days past due in 12/2019 and 1/2020. Really??? $1???? Where did that come from??? No explanation or apology from Safe Home when I called them.

One CS agent advised this should not have occurred as my account showed closed November 12, 2018 with no $$ owed and an email stating the problem was fixed would be forthcoming. Also that a request to TransUnion to “scrub” the error would occur. A second call leaving a message with the original CS agent went unanswered. Another call to SHS got me a new CS agent who gave the same response. When the new CS agent verified my email, it was incorrect. I had previously updated it with the first CS agent. I had a stellar credit rating with no negative incidents and now have to spend my time disputing SHS error.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I was never told or warned there was a contract with my security system. I told them when they installed the system we would be cancelling after the first trial month due to financial issues. Never once did anyone tell me at any time that I would be contracted in until 2024 with no way to cancel. I was promised a ring installation system. I have yet to receive one. It's been two months. I have never heard from the company to install my ring. I called them and set an appointment. They never showed or called. So I still don't have my ring and I am paying for this equipment. I have called customer service and have been informed that I signed a contract stating I pay for this service until 2024. Even though I told my adviser we would be cancelling. HE NEVER SAID ANYTHING about there being a contract and told me I could still cancel.

I have now tried to reach out to this adviser and He will not answer my calls. He texted me, saying I can only text him so he can screenshot anything I am saying in case of being used in court. Customer service won't help me and neither will the corporation. I am stuck paying for this and dealing with these people until 2024. That's thousands of dollars I could be using on my newborn. And I have to deal with these people who are "protecting" my home. I feel very unsafe and violated. I should also note when I called my Adviser he would not answer me, but would answer my mom's call, and he told her that my contract would be cancelled.

My mom does not live with me and only called to see if he would pick up a different number. I cant get a hold of him. and he lied to my mom. I need a way out of this. People need to be warned of getting stuck into a contract they are told they can cancel. and then you never receive the full amount of equipment you are promised. I'm feeling robbed while paying for home security.

Safe Home Security, Inc. expert review by Ben Mannes

Monitored home security system plans start at $30/month. Safe Home Security offers burglary, fire and medical monitoring services.

• Free security assessment: Safe Home Security offers a free evaluation to help consumers determine which services they need. The company then designs bundle options around those features.

• Home automation features: Stream security cameras and control all your home security devices from anywhere through the company’s mobile app.

• Payment options: Customers can schedule monthly, quarterly or annual payments. Automatic payments can be set up through a bank account or credit card.

• Accreditations: SHS has memberships with the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NFBA) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). The Security Industry Association certifies SHS's monitoring.

• Best for: Homeowners and hands-off consumers.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information