1.00/5

Need a home alarm?

Cronwell, CT

276 Safe Home Security, Inc. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

This company is the biggest bunch of tell you one thing and never follow through. Upper level management won’t call back. Make promises and not follow through. Horrible horrible service. Never do business with them if you are smart.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

After 3 year contract I sent 2 cancelation letters and they are still drafting my bank account. Called 3 times and they tell me they haven't received any letters. I find it hard to believe 2 letters got lost or misplaced. Bad business practice. Will not use in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I called customer service to cancel my contract and they informed me that my contract was reinstated for another 5 years. They explained to me that I signed a form via email. Which I explained that I did not have that email at the time. I also explained that my daughter worked for them and had my info. They said that there is nothing they can do and that I still have 2 more years that I’m paying for nothing due to we do not use because I would have the police here every other day because my boys and their friends are consistently in out of the house.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

The rep came to my home for demonstration and promptly gave all reason for their system. This included the facts as follows: the system could be cancelled at any time without penalty, I was very specific in asking this question; discounts from sponsors would offset the cost which is a lie, none of the vendors in the brochure have standard discount code for this product or service so it is a fight every month (my sponsors were ATT, AARP, Spectrum and insurance and the only one of them that was somewhat valid was house insurance that only because of documentation for police); there was no mention of a five year contract but when I called to cancel because of so many issues they said it could not be cancelled or I could pay 3000.00 to get out of it.

I have records of phone calls dating all the way back to 6/18 with the first issue of a broken wristband on wrist monitor. They set up appointment for tech to come and never showed, then I called again and they said they had emailed the tech to reschedule and again nothing happened, the next called were to voicemail. During all this time there was live chat online with customer service who kept saying they would handle but nothing happened. Finally after 5 weeks Taylor is one of the reps I talked with said she would send a new wrist monitor. Took 10 days to get it then another week to get activated. I was told that the new wrist monitor was under warranty, that it was no charge, that there would be an invoice but just to ignore it, that it is used just to get it ordered and I repeated it back, that this was no charge warranty replacement.

There was no mention of returning the defective piece at any conversation I had with them...when in August they illegally accessed my bank account and took money for the defective part out without any notice or permission. I had a fraud alert activated at the bank and through their investigation returned the full amount to my account.

During this time I had called Safe Home and was told that was standard procedure and I told them the fraud stands because they were not given authorization for the access to withdraw funds for this charge. I was also told that they would send a return authorization which they did not do so I called again. Told them I never received return authorization. They said wait another week. I did. Still nothing so I then called billing and was told that they had canceled auto draft for the monthly service fee which I did request because I do not trust in the integrity of this company but they also said I did not need a return authorization, that if I return said defective component with account number name then they would issue credit.

10 days have passed and nothing still. Being disabled with a tendency for falls was the reason to get this system but I no longer activate it because I have no confidence in the company, its personnel or monitoring ability. The stress of this situation has brought my disease out of remission and I am no longer protected in the event of a fall. Since I live by myself it was a source of security but that is no longer the case.

So in the end this company has terrible customer service, questionable business practices, bait and switch because they say nothing about it being a five year contract nor did I read that in the one I signed because I wouldn’t. It was important for me to know that it could be canceled at any time without penalty if you no longer wanted it. And the renewal was yearly. Everything you are told from this company is a lie and since they prey on disabled and elderly people they need to be taken off the market. What I seek in justice is the desolation of the contract and hope that they get penalized for their deceptions and that the FCC looks into them because they are using the airwaves for telephone and internet as connect points for equipment.

Updated on 10/02/2018: I sent a review earlier and the latest insult to especially someone on a fixed income and disability is that now that I have prevented them from auto drafting from my account because of the previous dishonesty I told them to bill me monthly for the service which I do not intend to activate anymore because of the lack of trust, integrity, honesty and truthfulness of the personnel. They never do what they say they are going to do and do not respond with information when requested.

The latest is they want me to pay 3 month service fee and at no time has anything ever been mentioned that would be happening. Again this is just another reason why I say this is a bait and switch. They are not honest and do not provide the information upfront and you only learn about things when there are problems and they do not fix it.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Worst customer service I have experienced in my lifetime by far! Called to cancel told me that there is no problem. I could do that if I wanted. Told me all I had to do was do it in writing with an email so I did. Got a letter in the mail that said I signed a five contract lol. I knew that was a lie. I would never in my life sign a five year deal with anyone. So I had to call about five times before they finally emailed me a copy. First one they sent was an old contract which was not even close to my signature. So I called and said this is not a current contract so they sent another one lol with a completely different signature also not even close to my signature. I have had and always used the same signature since high school! Bunch of scam artists. Had to tell bank to stop autopay.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

My contract with SafeGuard/Safe Home Security was due to end 5/18/2018 and as instructed by Evelyn **, I emailed my intent to terminate services 60 days prior, on 3/19/2018. I received a letter in the mail from SafeGuard/Safe Home Security dated 3/21/2018 regarding cancellation of my services. Starting June 1, 2018, I have received invoices with a balance due and on the invoices is the name with whom I spoke with regarding invoice and cancellation and I was told that it would be taken care of. The August invoice I got transferred to 2 different people to try to get the situation resolved.

Finally spoke with a John ** whom emailed a Justin ** to let him know my account was canceled and to stop sending invoices and that I owe no money with notes on the transferring from one person to another; On September 3, 2018, I received a letter from SafeGuard/Safe Home Security stating I had a balance and needed to contact them for payment or be sent to collections. When I called, I got transferred to Xolimar **, in the collection department and she claims she forwarded a cancellation form for my account and to disregard all further invoice and letter, which I can’t, it’s my credit on the line.

On September 14, 2018 I received another invoice in the mail. I put in a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on 9/20/2018. I got notification from my identity security company that on 9/21/2018, they sent me to collections and it’s showing up on my credit report. Called the company today at 11:20am and spoke with James and requested to speak with a supervisor in collections.

After being on hold for 8 minutes, James came back on to let me know he was told to tell me that to disregard the invoices, cancellation is in process of being completed (4 months and it's still being processed). I told him No, I needed to speak with a collections supervisor due to they contacted the credit bureau with my "delinquent" bill. He said he could email his billing department to send an email to the credit bureau and I asked to be cc'd on the email but he told me it would take 31 days. I told him that I really needed to speak with a supervisor and to please transfer me. He transferred me to Jen-Customer Service Manager and of course I had to leave a voicemail.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Pretty much the same problem everyone else is having. I sent in writing a cancellation request within the specified time frame of 60 days. I received a letter explaining that I needed to call the office to continue the cancellation process. During our conversation it was confirmed that my alarm service would be canceled in August 2018 and that would be the last payment. I was set up for automatic payments. They charged my account in September.

I was told that the cancellation was put through but not in time for the September payment not to come out. I was also told I would receive and refund but they couldn’t tell me how long the turnaround would be and that it was going to be a check. Reasons for cancellation; false alarms with no audible alarm at my home. The police have had to come out several times. The smoke detector was not placed well by the technician and will sound often. I was told that there would be a charge to have the technician to come out. Customer Service reps never call back.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I was a happy customer for 5 years. We decided to cancel as someone is always home so there is no need for our alarm. Our contract was complete in August. I called in July to obtain how to go about canceling service. I sent my email 7/31/18. Received a request for more information 8/3/18. Sent email right back with what they needed. Received a letter 8/10/18 letting me know if I didn't cancel they would put me in another contract. I called in - they let me know that they felt my email was 2 days late and therefore renewed my account for another year. I explained no one told me in my call that it needed to be in by a certain date. They said they would review the call and contact me back.

They never did. I did a chat window and explained everything. They said they knew who I spoke to and would have him call. He didn't. I called in again and got a new guy. I explained everything and he decided to try to sell me a 3 year contract. I told him no. We just wanted to cancel. He said he would look into it and contact me back. He never did. I called his direct extension and informed him I still wanted to cancel and that I had recently changed banks and the one on file was no longer valid and to please send me a paper bill for anything further. He said he noted the account and it was taken care of and he would help me cancel. He said he would call me back. Guess what... he didn't. I left him several voice mails.

I finally contacted the Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint. My old bank let me know that they were kind enough to process another payment on my closed account despite me letting them know well in advance. I did another chat to find out why they told me to call in and speak to another new guy, I asked them if my account was for sure closed since they just overdrafted a closed account... they stopped responding so I rejected their solution to my BBB claim. This company is the worst. I am so disappointed in their total lack of transparency and lack of customer service. I am hoping the complaint with the BBB will help me finally close this account and have them stop overdrafting my closed bank account!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

If you are shopping for security DO NOT CHOOSE THIS COMPANY. The system is so sensitive that if anything hits the floor too hard then the alarm sounds and the police are dispatched. They will not do anything about it and now I get fined when the alarm sounds for no reason. Zero Help. Zero Customer service.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

This company has very shady practices and I would never recommend them to anyone. I have had a home alarm system with them for several years and due to our financial situation I called to cancel and was told we were locked into our contract for 4 more years. I never signed a contract but they are saying it automatically renews if I do not cancel 60 days prior to the old one expiring. This is so shady. I have never been under a contract that was valid without my signature.

When I inquired I spoke in online chat to an extremely rude and condescending woman. I explained we could not afford it and were cancelling our home phone attached to the system and after her speaking down to me she tried to get me to upgrade. Her exact words were, "I want to help you but not with what you want me to do" and after explaining the financial burden again I was made to feel worse about my situation. I have never dealt with someone in customer service that behaved that way. Do not use this company because I am now stuck with at $45 a month bill for something I cannot even use.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They send a repair guy out every few years to update your equipment. When the guy leaves he asks you sign the invoice, just like you do with any home repair tech. I thought I was signing a receipt confirming the work, but I was actually signing another three-year contract which was NOT explained to me. When I tried to cancel my service they wouldn't allow me because I "signed another three-year contract." I've talked to managers, supervisors, etc. They all have the same story and will not cancel my contract until the end of the three years. Even when I moved out of my condo they wouldn't allow me to cancel because I technically still own the property. This company is highly unethical and they have their customer service reps drinking the Kool-Aid as well. Biggest scam going, people. BEWARE.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Unfortunately my review is the same as most I am finding on here, the length of the contract continues to change. The customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. The hold time to reach them is worse than trying to call the IRS on April 15th. Several months ago there was an issue that resulted in one of the "retention" reps calling me daily. Extremely Rude, condescending and unprofessional. We get error codes on our system frequently, they offered to have a service person come out at no charge to check the system. It took 3 weeks for someone to call to set an appointment, then they were a no-show, no call. Can't get through on the phone to follow up. Complaining is a waste of energy and time. I am still trying to get our service cancelled after several years, do yourself a favor and stay away from this crooked company.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

They call me today and, I mention to the lady that I don't want the service anymore after being with them over 7 years now and She just started talking to me like I am NO ONE to the point I had to GO OFF on her and then she mention that I have to give them 60 days for Cancel. So I ask can she email me that Cancel form and now it been hours and still NO EMAIL from them. Try to call them and NOW can't get a hold of anyone to pick up the phone now. Have to leave a voicemail and still NO ONE has CALL ME BACK YET.

This is very SAD to say and when I decide to go and write a review I see I am not the only one that not happy with them now. It Been over 7 years, I been with this company I not a person that jump around. I getting a tired of company like this, I just drop Spirit and Geico which I was with them both for 15 years and they have there people that work for them seem talk to you like you are NO one. I going to try to call them once again to see if I get a hold of someone and If NOT I will have to call in and action like I want to sign up like a new person so I can talk to someone, About the cancel.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Ok, I see I'm not the only one having problems with this company. I am so sick of Safehome! Stuck in a 5 year contract, which was suppose to have been 3 years and no one at the company cares that I'm not happy about this. I have been charged twice on my card for $203.82 on the same day in April, but no one at the company can see that. My card company is disputing them on that. They don't seem to be organized to know what you've paid or when, pymts get "lost" somehow. I'm being overcharged. My bill is suppose to be $41.99 a month, as of now I pay every 3 months, but it's coming up at $203.82 with a $10.00 late fee and a $2.86 finance charge with a $190.96 "previous balance' added with that = 203.82 instead of $125.97 but no one knows why that's happening... hmm??? WHERE is the LAWSUIT against these people? I need to be in that!

When I say, "I'm not happy" they don't care, don't even apologize for you being upset with their bad service. BUT I'll give them this much! On the times the alarm has went off, I got a call immediately, with the caller wanting to know who I was and the password (was me who forgot the system was armed & opened a door). And about a month ago, once again, I had set the alarm that night and forgot next morning, opened the door to go feed the cats, alarm went off, I didn't hear it (turned down low).

They called, my hun answered, she ask, "Was everything alright" & wanted password, he gave the wrong one, cause we had recently changed it. But she never said anything different to him, bidded him a good day & hung up. Maybe 7 minutes later 2 police cars were at our house, said they were alerted of alarm going off & wrong password was given. After they saw we were the homeowners & found out what had happened, they left. And that's the ONLY good thing I can say about Safehome. I WANT OUT!!!

Original review: July 18, 2018

This is the most waste of time and money. I got locked into what was supposed to be 24 months ended up 42 months. My price went up. They added a warranty amount to my bill that was not in contract. I have been trying to get help with the accounts receivable & the so called account manager will not call me back. All the while I am getting late fees & additional charges!!! IT'S A SCAM.

Original review: July 16, 2018

This is the most waste of time and money. My system has not worked for a long time and they will not let me out of my contract. Just plain and simple take it out. They keep wanting to send people out that can't fix it. The service people tell them that and they make me wait longer to take another payment out. So far the customer service says what they can do which is nothing. The last guy tried to give me a lecture. No his money or time wasted. The system goes off in the AM all the time reboots twice a day. Will not arm to keep me safe. And yes they got me on price. I was paying 30.00. Now they have me at 49.99 Bad people!!!

Original review: June 22, 2018

Safe Home Security is the worse company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I needed service in one of our locations, I called 11 times, spoke to 4 different people who always promised to call you back the next day - NEVER Received one phone call. Just choose another company - this will save you money and aggravation.

Original review: May 21, 2018

This is the worst security company. They are way overpriced and will not let you transfer service when you are moving. They were not upfront about their terms (payment amount or length of term) until they were installing the system. I will never do business with this company and highly encourage that no one else do business with them either. I would not even give this company 1 star.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I was a customer with this company for over 10 years and recently terminated when I realized how sloppy and inferior service they were providing. When I tried to terminate their service, they showed their true colors - lies, deception and coercion. There are many better and cheaper home security systems options. Avoid this company!

Original review: April 30, 2018

If anyone would like to join me in a lawsuit please let me know. My parents were approached by a man who was selling this product to my elderly father. My father passed and so my mother called to cancel services. We find out that we either commit to 5 years or pay 90% of the contract which would be about $1K. They told us either we pay or my father's beneficiary would go to collection.

That is not at all the offer that was presented to my parents when approached. There is no one available to speak to and the customer service rep even tells you the call will only be sent to the manager's voicemail. This is elder abuse, period. I will be suing them if anyone would wish to do something on a larger scale please let me know. I asked the representative to email me a copy of the contract with the signatures and he did not. I asked how is it possible to bill and send someone to collections who did not sign the contract and he said that’s just how they do it.

Original review: April 25, 2018

ZERO STARS. Their staff and customer service = worst ever. They only call because I cancelled the credit card that was auto-paying for their monthly service & that got their attention. Otherwise I would try to reach them and it would take months for someone to reach back to me. I have been sending letters to the top person in charge and they are still screwing me around. I cancelled my home security & moved it to my office. I found out they cancelled my office & kept it at my home!!! This is still taking forever for someone to get resolve the issue. STAY FAR AWAY! The mother company is Security One, and they sold my contract to this company which is a fraud scheme. Avoid both at all cost.

Original review: April 24, 2018

We were approached two years ago by two men who represented themselves as our existing company and were there to update our equipment. They then had us sign some paperwork and they also wrote a letter for us to sign for our existing company to cancel. We tried to cancel because of misrepresentation but we were told we couldn’t. We had a fire and the security system never went off. Come to find out they never installed a detector. They finally after many phone calls put up a smoke alarm.

We have been in contact with this company to give us the equipment at least equal to what we had originally. Finally we were told they would take care of us for no charge only to find out they charged our checking account for over $900.00. I called several times only to be hung up on and transferred to an unmanned phone. They never return your voice message. So I called my bank and stopped their access to our account. Wow, now I hear from them badgering me but not trying to resolve the issues. I am not going to give them any more money. As far as I am concerned they have violated the contract on multiple counts so I feel the account is cancelled. They deserve a zero star for everything.

Original review: April 19, 2018

My mother had this service fail twice. Pendant pressed, no response. She called them and was told "we don't have service over the holiday" (Christmas). Another time, she pressed the pendant and there was no response. After deciding to change companies, they continued to charge her monthly saying she had signed a contract. She is 94. She is unable to understand signing a contract. Communication with them is non-existent - poor follow-up. Beware! Sign with a larger, well-known and respected company.

Original review: April 12, 2018

OMG! Try and leave this company and they keep changing your end-date on your contract. We were given a date and when we were not happy and wanted a different company, they said we had 3 months left on our contract. No, we did not. It was past but we waited three months, like idiots. When we called again to cancel, they said no, we have 3 months left. What?!! So I said that we are canceling and that is that. Then we remove equipment, and a new company (we owned the equipment) but they continued to harass with calls and letters. We blocked their calls but they still mail us. I am not even sure if it's on our credit report but they are awful.

I am so sorry that I recommended my daughter, when she bought her new house. She wrote this, "No one EVER sign up for Safe Home Security. This company is nothing but a joke. They have the worst customer service experience I have ever dealt with in my life. I have been working with clients and call centers for almost 10 years now and know how things SHOULD work."

"This company will make you jump through hoops to cancel your service and make it seem like you have NO RIGHTS to do so. No one is ever giving the same information, they are not on the same page, no one can ever see your previous interactions with the company, no one is capable of handling your needs and there is NEVER anyone to escalate to because you are ALWAYS speaking with the highest person there. I apparently can only speak with "my account manager" whom by the way I have never dealt with in the years of service I have had with this company. They are slimy, not forthcoming, rude, incompetent and just out for your money." She finally solved it with them, as she was going to take legal action. Now I see, all over the internet, bad reviews for them and possible legal action against them. UGH. Stay away!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I fell for it yes free for 6 months with a 5 year contract! My new home was built and moved in 12/15/2014. By end of December I got the alarm installed. Just 3 months ago (12/19/18) I called to add the doorbell camera which would only cost me additional $10 a month on top of my monthly monitoring fee. I was told by the sales rep name Oliver that he would waive the installation fee. Well on 3/19/18 I checked my bank account there was $390.53 deduction from their company. I was so furious I called and find out why they took out a large amount when my monthly service is only $69.53! The rep told me that it was for the doorbell camera which I was not informed by the sales rep Oliver when I called on 12/18/17! Why three months later they took that $390.53 out of my bank account. When I finally got in touch with Oliver on 3/22/18 he stated it was a billing error and he apologized and said I will get my money credited back to my account in two days.

Today is 3/28/18. I called and asked why my money still not in my account. I was told that the check was mailed to me. At this point I’m so angry and demanded to cancel my service as I am no longer happy with this company! He then proceeded to say that the doorbell camera gave me an additional 5 year contact!! What the hell!!! My contract should be done by next year of Dec 2019! The rep said no it will be 2023!! And if I want to cancel the service I need to write and he gave me an address to send my request. I literally cried my butt off because this was not informed to me about an additional 5 yr contract!! If they don’t cancel my service I will be hiring a lawyer!! Hopefully they did send my check in the mail! I am so furious with this company!! Don’t ever sign anything with this thief company!! They are horrible! Customer service sucks and they all have bad attitude!

Original review: March 28, 2018

Don't ever have anything to do with this company, they lowered my credit score by making inquiries and it lowers my score and I never gave them permission to check my credit score. I filed a complaint with the CFCB.

Original review: March 21, 2018

These people installed faulty equipment in my home which resulted in false violation tickets from the city. I had to pay $600 towards this and the company told me that they would credit back 2 months of my payments but they never did and I kept asking them for about 1 year. I have email correspondence from 5 different reps at Safe Home Security and neither one of them ever responded to my request. Now I can't even cancel my contract because they will make me pay for 90% of the contract term. I am stuck with this dishonest company and can't get out of it! I will never in my life refer anyone to Safe Home Security or choose them as my servicer. There is a reason why they force people to sign a 3-year term because they know that they will not have any repeat business from anyone so they have to make the most out of it. Pay a little higher in monthly payments to other companies but do not settle for Safe Home Security!!!

Original review: March 14, 2018

Saturday morning 3/10/18 Security panel dead totally black. I called customer service because I have an emergency. My house is not protected. My home is not being monitored and I am paying for my home protection. They told me a technician would be out on 3/20/2018. I have called everyday and no one has responded and my home is still unprotected. My response to them if anything happen, by my home not protected, Safe Home Security will be liable. Something need to be done. I am paying monthly and not receiving service.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I signed up for what was explained to me as a 1 year contract. So let’s start with what should of been my "RED FLAG". Installers came to install this system. First of all... the unit actually PLUGS INTO A WALL OUTLET -- yes, you read that right... how advanced!! I questioned what would keep someone from just unplugging it when they broke in... After a little giggle from him, he said he could secure it with a screw... A SCREW? Let me tell you, I feel safer already! So they cut a hole in my wall about the size of a light switch panel. After doing this the morons figured out the unit could not be installed there! So what did they do to fix this??? Well they pulled out a little plastic plate, and covered it... ARE YOU SERIOUS? At this point I was so annoyed, I just wanted them out of my house! I called customer service to complain about this New hole in my wall, and my calls were never returned!

Eventually real life took over, (I was pregnant at the time with our first child, and I just let it go...) So now let’s talk about the Monitoring. On the few occasions that my alarm went off for whatever reason... I got a called approx after the alarm was going off for 20 minutes. YES 20 MINUTES! And they called the house phone, and LEFT A MESSAGE. ARE YOU SERIOUS! Eventually after the alarm was cut off, and about 20 more minutes later I then received a call on my Cell phone. I asked them why they didn’t call the police? She told me she couldn’t do that until someone answered and told her to!!! IT IS INSANITY. So if someone breaks in my house and is robbing/raping/killing me, in order for them to call the authorities, I have to answer and tell her to. It defeats the WHOLE PURPOSE of a system! If I was able to do all that, I could just call myself! What a joke!

WAIT IT GETS EVEN BETTER. After a few months of paying the bills, I started adding up the amounts, and it didn’t add up right? So I called the customer service and was told that SOMEHOW I was enrolled in a $10 per month Warranty - I explained that I never agreed to that, why would I want a "WARRANTY" from a company that couldn't even install the unit. SO, I ATTEMPTED to Cancel the Service - I was at that time told I was actually in a 3 year contract, and I could not cancel until then. I COULD NOT BELIEVE that we somehow missed that on the contract. I asked for a copy of the original Contract. It arrived by mail, and you could not tell if that box (for the term length and the warranty) was checked before or after my signature... and since I was not given a copy, I had no way to dispute it.

I asked that the contract be cancelled at the end of the term which was Jan 2018 - We were moving to another house, and would not need the system. I was told that request could not be taken by phone, and to send a letter with the request. This was around August of 2016 - At that time, I wrote a letter and asked the service be cancelled. Approx 1 month later, I get a call from a customer service Rep asking why I wanted to cancel (SO I KNOW THEY GOT MY LETTER). I explained my nightmare and at that time he tried to lower the price! I told him NO! We were moving to another house and would be renting this house, and there was NO WAY I was going to put this nightmare on someone else. At that time I thought I WAS FINALLY done with them...

WELL < I WAS WRONG... It is February of 2018, and I get a bill in our new home (mail forwarded) stating that I owe 2 months of payments for monitoring. WHAT? So I called customer service and they told me that in fact my account DID NOT cancel and it actually ROLLED OVER for a WHOLE NEW YEAR CONTRACT!!! BOY, I was mad. I asked to speak to a supervisor... and was transferred to a Voicemail. NO one called me back after days. So I called back again, and AGAIN, was sent to a Voicemail. I left ANOTHER voicemail. NO CALL BACK...

Today I get a letter stating that they have researched my account, and I in fact I am locked into ANOTHER year of service for a house we haven't lived in for 3 months! I called Customer Service again, and was told MY letter was never received (which I know is not true since 2 reps called me after mailing it to save the account) and unless I sent it certified and had a copy of all that, I am stuck? So here I am on the ConsumerAffairs site, and I am reading complaint after complaint after complaint from people and the complaints almost exactly mirror my issues. THIS IS NO ISOLATED ISSUE. This is this company’s MO, and I am hoping that someone starts a Class Action Law Suit against them. DO NOT SIGN WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I moved from one state to another. This company would not let me cancel my service and said that the only way was to install another service for an additional 2 years in my new house and that then they would cancel my other service. I am still being billed by mail for both systems AND being charged on my credit card as well (after 5 months). I have called, written and emailed everyone that I can reach with no results. I get voicemail or told they will look into it but then no response. I cannot reach anyone with any ability to do anything about it. Next is my attorney. Fraud!!!

Safe Home Security, Inc. expert review by Erin Raub

Safe Home Security (SHS) was established in 1988 and is available in select areas of the United States. SHS has memberships with the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NFBA) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).

• Special discounts: The SHS website shows special offers available to new customers, like 15 percent off of new equipment purchases. Interested consumers can also call Safe Home Security to learn about other discounts and offers.

• Multiple offerings: Safe Home Security offers burglary, fire and medical monitoring services.

• Monitoring: SHS provides monitoring via landline or cellular signal. The company’s monitoring is certified by the Security Industry Association.

• Security assessment: Safe Home Security offers a free assessment to help consumers determine which services they need. The company then designs bundle options around those needs.

• Payment options: Customers can schedule monthly or quarterly payments, or they can pay their premium annually. Automatic payments can be scheduled from a bank account or a credit card.

• Best for: Homeowners and hands-off consumers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
    Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information