Cronwell, CT

2.1/5 (573 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Safe Home Security, Inc.

Safe Home Security matches homeowners with security providers that fit their needs. With this company, you can use pre-existing security equipment in order to create a custom home security system. It works with various security brands and offers several security services.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Top Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

This company is amazing. I totally love it. Best satisfaction I've ever had with any company in my past life. And best thing is they are very reasonable. Always ready to work with...

Verified

I've had Safe Home Security for 5 months, and we've had excellent service. We set off the system a couple of times by accident, and they immediately called and asked for the passw...

What is Safe Home Security?

Safe Home Security is a safety company that helps homeowners customize and design comprehensive home security systems. You decide what kind of system you want, then Safe Home Security pairs you with suitable security brands, technology and equipment. The company can also assist with home automation technology and controls, and you can use pre-existing security equipment if it’s available.

How does Safe Home Security work?

You’ll begin by speaking with a Safe Home Security representative about your protection needs, including everything from doorbell cameras and alarm systems to keypads and controls. Safe Home Security then pairs you with fitting technology, brands and equipment to help you get the job done. Its partners include Honeywell, Alarm.com, Google Home and Amazon Alexa.

You can also customize your home automation processes, e.g., setting alarms and switching lights on and off, and the company has a mobile app to help you monitor your home with live video and other controls.

Safe Home Security costs

Safe Home Security’s service costs vary based on the equipment and services you need. Equipment costs can range up to $600+, depending on the brand. The company also offers a professional monitoring service for a monthly fee.

If you install a home security system through Safe Home Security, you could be eligible for a home insurance deduction through your insurer; the company will provide a certificate of installation for you to submit to your provider. You might also have to pay installation and activation fees.

Safe Home Security FAQ

Where is Safe Home Security available?
    Safe Home Security is based in Connecticut and services multiple locations across the country. Customers from all over the U.S. can request its services.
    Does Safe Home Security have monitored or unmonitored systems?
    Safe Home Security offers both monitored and unmonitored systems. Professionally monitored systems require a monthly fee.
    Does Safe Home Security have multiple package options?
    No, Safe Home Security doesn’t offer prearranged packages. Instead, its employees help clients determine which security equipment and services they require and develop a contract around those needs.
    Who owns Safe Home Security?
    Safe Home Security is owned by David Roman, who also owns Security Systems, Inc. (which operates as SafeGuard America).

Is Safe Home Security legit?

Yes, Safe Home Security is a legitimate company. Its services are ideal for families looking to customize their home security and automation through a professional service. Clients also have the option to use pre-existing security equipment when available. Ultimately, it’s probably not ideal for homeowners looking for an affordable, short-term security plan.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I have been a customer of Safe Home Security for over 25 years. This past year they have gone down the tubes! Their so called, "specialists" lack knowledge, lie and are deceitful. No one cares about the customer. Long story short: A technician came to fix my system on Sept 3, 2021. After he left, my system never worked again. The alarm would go off randomly, police were dispatched etc. Called SHS for assistance. They told me that my account was in "collections" and could not help me. Mind you, my account was paid in FULL in June, 2021. They acknowledged that I was wrongfully put into collections. I had no choice but to unplug the entire system.

Here is is 5 days later and I'm in the same situation. Spoke to several "specialists" who all made promises to call me back. Did any of them call back NO! I have been lied to and manipulated. I decided to call the CEO, David Roman. To my surprise, his number led me right back to the incompetent "specialists" that work there. Again, I was promised a call back, hmmm still waiting. SHS does not honor their contracts. Where do I go from here? I've hit a wall over and over. Maybe small claims court? Thoroughly disgusted! I will let you know if the CEO answers my e-mail or not. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

My elderly husband (with dementia) was sold a package by someone that just came to the door. (I consider this predatory behavior.) I was never consulted, even though I pay the bills, in fact I didn't find out until after it was installed that my husband agreed to it. This was installed (and installed poorly) without my permission or knowledge. Because I worked at the time I didn't have time to chase it down right away, and when I finally did, with a letter revoking permission for the company to withdraw funds was responded to with "we have every right to continue taking funds up until the end of the contract." I am pretty sure they collected an extra years’ worth, but can’t prove it because of spouse’s dementia.

I informed them that we used the system once and it had caused a great deal of trouble with the local sheriff's dept. because we did not have the proper permits for it. Something that the sales rep failed to mention in the contract, and I assume he failed to tell my spouse, and even if he had, my spouse would not remember it. My husband could not even use the fancy help necklace because he can't remember technical things. On top of that the installer caused damage in our home, and installed the controls in our dining area so that they interfered with the enjoyment of our home. Several years have passed now, and I am still angry about it and feel that folks doing their due diligence might appreciate the heads up.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I've been with this company for years with satisfactory service. Sometimes it's easier to stay with a C+ company than start over. I recently had one of my credit cards compromised and a new one was sent to me. I was on auto withdraw with Safe Home Security and the credit card that was compromised happened to be that one. I have many credit cards and was unaware that credit card was attached to the automatic payment. I never received a call from Safe Home Security nor did I get a letter to inform me my payment did not go through. I was on a month to month/no contract.

Apparently a few months went by without payments being made but my service was still on. I receive excessive junk mail daily and one day I noticed a letter/bill from SafeGuard America. I never heard of this company so I threw it out. I received the same letter a couple more times and finally called the number on the invoice thinking it was some kind of scam and I was going to get to the bottom of it. When I called they said they were Safe Home Security and I owed a past due amount. I was surprised as the letter did not say Safe Home Security. If it had I would have opened it immediately and rectified the situation.

I paid it immediately and explained what must have happened with my credit card. I thought that was the end of the misunderstanding until I got an alert on my credit report that said my score dropped 50 points for delinquent payments! I've been working on my credit for 15 + years to get to the 750-800 mark. Never missing a payment on anything. I called and explained the situation to multiple employees and managers and they said they would not do anything about it. It seems this company will expend much effort to call and try to sell you their service to stay with them but as soon as you need some help they are nowhere to be found. 50+ points and late payments showing on your credit report will cost me thousands on large purchases/house/car etc.. This company does not care for its customers and is only loyal to the dollar bill. Find another security company to go with with better ratings. Something I should have researched more carefully.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

They sold my mom a system in 2018 knowing she already had one and talked her into signing a 66 month contract that she can’t get out of. So she pays $42.99 a month. In June my mom passed away so I spoked with this so called security company and they said that she had to honor the contract she signed even though she is no longer here, they claim she still owes on 32 months which comes to about $1200. Now, they sold a 86 year old woman a contract for 5.5 years, to me they are dishonest, first selling her a security system she didn’t need and then talking her into a 66 month contract. Don’t even consider this company and never sign a contract!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

THIS COMPANY INSTALLS OLD/OUTDATED EQUPMENT.

Example 1. The sensors on all 3 of my exterior doors have failed and require repair.
      Example 2. A device that was installed in 2018 which was to last 5 years had a manufacture date of Jan 2015, and a replacement date of Jan 2021. The contract was to run thru mid-2023
      Example 3. The company installed an operating system in 2018 that became obsolete in 2021. To continue to get service for the remainder of my contract I have to buy the upgraded operating system and pay to have it installed.

Example 4. Even though the company cannot provide service due to a systems upgrade on their part, I am responsible to pay out the remaining contract with no service no matter what.

IF YOU NEED SERVICE FOREGET IT.

Example 1 . This is August 3rd. On July 16th I submitted a service request because my system went completely down. The company is trying to get someone out by August 23. i.e. 38 days without service that I am being billed for.

Example 2. The company sells contracts for service in areas that the company has no service tech, i.e. the reason for long delays in getting service.

GO WITH THIS COMPANY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Original review: July 9, 2021

Tech Jim broke my main panel on purpose and I am getting run around from the company. Everyone says they will call me back and they do not stole 700 dollars from me. Tech Jim was even rude with the company’s manager and she called him on it. Now I have to wait two weeks for another tech.

Original review: July 5, 2021

Get a real alarm company! When your alarm is malfunctioning and the police are there twice while you are on the phone with them, they should get the hint. Their solution to the problem was to send a technician in 2 days. Unacceptable.

Original review: June 25, 2021

The same as all the reviews about Safe Home Security, they trick you and lie about your contract through Docusign, to be with them for 5 years, and they have a contract which you can not get out of even if you are totally fed up with them, they put you in credit bureau, they affect your credit and they give you the worst service EVER!

Original review: June 2, 2021

DO NOT CONSIDER THIS COMPANY... I picked them because of their great price but that was the scam. Once they get you signed up and under contract they provide the worse service possible. While charging you each month while not maintaining your service. Then when you request to be released due to their poor service practices they tell you there is a contract and you have to pay the full amount, this is the scam and fraudulent practice. On top of COVID world issue which there being a national and state mandate for service companies to release customers for burden issues they do not comply with this.

My various issues with this company include many false alarms where cops come and then because of the volume of alarms you get charged. Then when you call for service they never come out and always cancel and reschedule. If you take days off work that is lost money and they could care less. Again if they can not maintain the service the contract is void and to continue to take money from my bank account is fraud. I am working with the Federal Trade Commission as well as my state's Attorney General's office to be released from this unfair contract. If you are having similar issues please make the needed complaints to these agencies to straighten out this company. Horrible company. Please be warned to not even consider them.

Original review: May 8, 2021

We signed up with them 5 years ago with a 5 year contract. After the first year, never heard a thing from them. No checks to see if we were ok or needed any upgrades, NOTHING! We moved 2.5 years ago and they never gave us a call about our equipment being uninstalled or to see if everything was OK. In March when the contract was up, they called us. 2 days after the contract was completed and told me I would have to pay for another year. Now I am getting calls because I stopped my auto draft in April so they could not keep getting money. They keep telling me the account cannot be closed until it is paid for in full. I wish I had never signed with this company and kick myself every day because we got caught in their trap.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Home Security partner.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information