1.11/5
  • 1 star
Based on 235 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a home alarm?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 25, 2017

243 Safe Home Security, Inc. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

The system is extremely faulty and customer service is extremely rude. Customer service won't send someone to fix my system and when I tell them to just cancel my service they got extremely rude and then hung up on me twice.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

In September 2015 my mother and step-father signed up with this company for a home alarm system. Mind you at the time my mother's age was 89 and my step-fathers age was 91. They were not aware of the fact they were signing up for 5 years, or the most important part that there was no way to cancel this policy until the five years were up. My mother is the most honest person in the world and has numerous health conditions. Nowhere on the contract does it say it is for five years. The little one line for cancellation just says if you cancel before you are liable for 90% of the contract due. My mother was extremely upset when her husband dies and she moved in with me and we found this out.

The people there are extremely rude. We couldn't find the single page contract when she moved so we stopped the autopay from her bank. They then contacted her sending a letter to the previous address. This was in March. She moved in with me in October 2016 and paid them through March when we canceled. They then called the neighbor who was on the emergency list to inform her that the bills were not being paid. How dare they do this. I then got a number to call and I called right away after I found out how they had treated my mother. I have only been getting the runaround and they are not nice to deal with in any way shape or form. We did everything that they requested. Sent a letter canceling, sent the death certificate and the sale of the trailer paperwork. You would think this would be enough and they are still billing her monthly for their service.

I am getting ready to contact an attorney to find out what we can do since she did not know it was a five-year contract and did not know that there was a clause that even in death you still owed the contract. My stepfather was put on hospice care permanently a few months later and died one year after they signed their contract. I would really love to know if others are having this issue also. They are terrible people who prey on the elderly. Why would you sign up a couple knowing what their ages were for the longest contract possible and not explain to them in detail that if one of them passed away the other would be liable for the remaining contract. This is shoddy business practice and very deceitful. My step-father would NEVER have agreed to those terms as well as my mother.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I am writing this for my father who in 2015 agreed to a 5 year contract for a home security system. The monthly fee is $ 42.99. Recently, Dad was diagnosed with dementia and it was suggested he required full time care. I live in Los Angeles, he lives in Kingman, AZ. I put my dad in a memory care facility in Kingman and am preparing his home for sale. I called Safe Home Security in an effort to explain our change in life situation and requested termination of my dad's security system service. SHS informed me that Dad had a 5 year contract and, while they understood our situation, they could not cancel his contract unless we paid the balance of the unused contract amount of roughly $1,300.00. They offered to move the service to his new home. I explained that he is now in an assisted living facility and there is no place to move the service to.

A "customer care" rep suggested that I needed to send a letter from my dad's physician verifying his condition and they would review the case. 3 weeks later, and after SHS had debited my dad's checking account for another $ 42.99, I had heard nothing in response. I did receive a form letter offering to move Dad's service to a new address. I contacted customer care again and was informed that, despite my father's condition and his obvious lack of need for home security, SHS could not cancel his contract unless he paid the $1,300.00. I'm furious and can't believe that any company with any sort of moral or ethical common sense wouldn't just let my dad out of this contract.

It's bad enough that Dad developed dementia, has to move from his home, can't drive a car and feels he has lost his freedom. Now I'm dealing with these stubborn and insensitive people who insist on taking money that they will never have to provide service for. It is absolutely mind boggling!! The people I have spoken with have all been condescending and unresponsive. I jumped through all of the hoops that they set up to "resolve" this situation, was left in the dark with no follow up on their part and ended up right where I had started 3 weeks ago. No resolution. I am so frustrated and disgusted with Safe Home Security that I had to take the time to write this review. I wish the rating system included negative stars because I feel like 1 star is even too kind to give this company!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

The following information was sent to Safe Home Security & Alarm.com back in May, 2017. Alarm.com who is the monitoring company for Safe Home Security tried to get Safe Home Security to address the stated issues, to NO AVAIL. It is with a high degree of frustration, concern and feelings of “betrayal” that I write this. This is regarding services provided by alarm.com (a.k.a. Safe Home Security, a.k.a Security Systems, a.k.a. Alliance, a.k.a. ProLink Protection). Back in March, 2015, (3/24/15 late PM) we, as renters, of the property at **, we were solicited by a gentleman by the name of **, Advertising Coordinator from ProLink Protection to “lower” our monthly security/alarm service thru installation of a protection system provided by ProLink Protection, 1910 S Stapley Drive, Suite 119, Mesa AZ 85204.

Mr. **, was very persuasive regarding the level of services to be provided, service cancellation, provided lots of references and assured us that since we were renters of the property, we would be able to cancel the service, if and when we decided to move, purchase a property, etc. There was never any conversation about a long term contract, a need to move the service if we decided to move, etc.

The fact that we were never made aware of any company by the name of Alliance, Security Systems, Safe Home Security, Alarm.com involved in this proposed security system/thermostat, etc. makes matters even worse. To all intents and purposes, and, as far as we knew, we were doing business with ProLink Protection of Mesa AZ from 3/24/15 until approximately 4/15/16. The “email” documentation included in this package, hopefully, supports the back and forth with ProLink Protection of Mesa AZ in support of notification of our pending move effective 4/14/16.

Now, unfortunately, it wasn’t until today, Tuesday, 5/9/17 that I was made aware this service was never disconnected, billing was never stopped, due to receiving an email message indicating there was “failure message” coming from the system; and, now, it appears, as a result of contacting Safe Home Security what we understood to be your basic month-to-month service agreement, because we were renters, is still in service and the only way out of this “agreement” is a buy out.

We were never notified of any change in name of the company ProLink Protection to Alliance, Security Systems, Safe Home Security, alarm.com, etc. We have never received any information regarding the system was still in service. We have never, until today, received any messages regarding system failures, or any indication the system was still active.

The other very unfortunate part of all this is the copy of the agreement written by Mr. ** on March 25, 2015 is so illegible, faded & unclear, it’s virtually impossible to read anything. Additionally, it’s obvious that we were “duped” by Mr. **, as when the agreement was written (what appears now to be fraudulent), it is clear that he chose to indicate that we were the “homeowners”, which is totally untrue. At the time the agreement was written I made it very clear we were NOT the homeowners, and, even suggested to Mr. ** that he contact the homeowners about them undertaking this agreement.

It is with regret that this situation is just now surfacing; however, based on the circumstances outlined in this documentation, I have no intention of continuing this service; a) in a home I no longer live, b) haven’t lived in for over 12 months, c) have no interest in providing services for people I don’t even know, and, d) believed this was a month-to-month agreement. Letter RE: Service at **.

My position on this situation is this: I believe, based on never having been notified by ProLink Protection, that now a company by the Alliance, or, Security Systems, or, Safe Home Security/alarm.com of any name change/purchase/sale of ProLink Protection, I’m not responsible for this agreement, I believe, based on the documentation provided, the $40.99 per month, from 4/15/16 thru 5/20/27 should be refunded immediately, I believe this agreement was written fraudulently by Mr. ** in an attempt to bolster his “sales numbers”, The automatic debit payment(s) of $40.99 per month will be stopped as of 5/20/17.

The following information Your immediate attention to this matter is appreciated. In an effort to expedite this matter, a copy of this and associated email correspondence with ProLink Protection has been sent via email to: info@alarm.com Please provide & reply all communications regarding this matter in writing, either via, USPS or email. Thank you!

Original review: July 13, 2017

I switched from ADT to Safe Home Security based on the reviews they had gathered from themselves on their web-site. I had to move to Asia for work and had to cancel service. I called Security One was told that my contract will only end on December 30, 2017. I was asked to write an official letter and they cannot take my cancellation by phone! I was willing to do that. I told them I was prepared to pay the penalty for early termination. However, the agent said they were not willing to stop the monitoring because she declared that they had to honor their contract! Is there a more illogical service than Security One. When I ask to speak to the manager, she said they are busy with other callers. Then before I could give her my mobile number, she hung up on me. Very very rude unreasonable service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: June 28, 2017

I have never had a worse experience with a company then I have with Safe Home Security. We signed up July 2012 while building a home and explained that we would be moving in 6 months but we would NOT be selling our current home (family would be renting it). They said "no problem" and we could move the system for free. It all sounded great. We loved the system at first in our home, no complaints. Then we moved. They came and uninstalled our unit and packed it up for us to take with us. 2 weeks after moving we called them to come and install at our new home and they wanted to charge us $180. When they came to uninstall they never mentioned a charge to reinstall and again when we signed up they said it would be free. That was the start of the issues.

The service tech no showed on 3 different appointments. He finally showed up and installed the equipment but we had to pay. I continued to fight it and after a year they did reimburse our money after the company that installed it originally got involved (honestly I think the 3rd party ended up paying SHS and so SHS just reimbursed us to appease us but I don't know this for sure).

Well the system after it was installed at our new home never worked right and said disconnected on the main panel. We called back and they said they would send someone out and eventually they did. He said something was broken on the main panel so he ordered some new piece to be mailed to us and he would come back to install. The piece came but he never came back. We called and he never came so we called to try to get out of our contract since we didn't have a working unit due to them. They assured someone would come out and fix it yet no one did and we couldn't get out of our contract.

Also in this time frame they double billed us March, April and May 2013. They billed us under Safe Home Security and VOS ALARM on the same day in March and one day apart in April and May. I called in June after noticing it and they assured they would refund it. They never did. I kept calling and every time we had a new account rep and they had "no clue" what was going on with our account and would need to "look over the account and call us back". Well we would never get a call. I was calling monthly for a while then started to give up. I realized we were stuck paying for this crap for 5 yrs and had no way out.

I kept trying to get my refund for the double billing and sent in faxes of my bank statements numerous times to different account reps and still we have not seen a refund. I cancelled our account April 2017 and was told we would stop being billed yet we have continued to be billed. Called back and they said we will be until July. I explained again about the double billing and how if they will just cancel us now and not charge again I'll drop it and they assured me they cannot cancel me as we are in a black and white agreement. I assured them my black and white agreement stated we would have a working system.

Upon calling this last time we also found that this entire time they never changed our address to our new one even though we have informed them numerous times... Every time we called in fact over the past 4 years... And if we were to have an emergency this entire time emergency personnel would have been dispatched to our old address, 45 min north of us. How that is legal and keeps us safe is beyond me. Thank God we have not had an emergency and needed them. This company should NOT be in business. Not only have they demonstrated extremely poor customer service time and time again but I have paid them monthly for the past 5 years to keep my family safe and my family's safety is the main thing they have put in danger by not keeping proper records or doing their job.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I had a previous home monitoring contract with another company that expired and I fell on a month to month plan. That company no longer offered home monitoring using home phone service so they sold me to this crappy ** company! About 6 months went by when I realized I was being billed for service from a company I never heard of. I called them to see who they were and why was they was trying billing me and I was informed they were a home monitoring company. I immediately told them I wanted to cancel the service and they told me I had to do so by writing.

I sent a email and a letter! I called back to get the final payment and they said I was under a year contract which I knew I was not. Long story short this went on back & forth for a whole year with them annoyingly calling me telling me my bill is racking up when will I make a payment. I kept telling them I sent in a letter to terminate the service and they will tell me when they receive it but never cancelled the service.

A year pass and someone called me and finally agreed that I indeed is under a month to month but instructs me to pay the fees & interests on a bill I tried to take care of a year ago but they said I was under contract another year. So they let a whole year go by to gather the info they needed to close it out but they want me to pay for the fees & interest of their negligence!!! This company is not BBB accredited for a reason. They suck and they know it! I'm just waiting on a class action law suit against them!!! Nothing is still resolved and they are still billing me for service after they have confirm all the facts of receiving my letter of cancellation and my service was month to month!

Original review: April 12, 2017

I was transferred to Safe Home Security from a different company. Things were ok for a large part of the time until my contract expired. They tried to sell me on a three year contract that could not be cancelled, and if I moved, sold my house or anything related, I would have to pay off the contract to get out of it. I never signed the contract because I was assured I could stay on with them month to month.

In January 2017 something changed. I suddenly set off my alarm a few times without receiving a phone call at all from the dispatch that would normally call me. So after a few months of noticing that I was not getting any calls (even though the money was being withdrawn from my bank monthly) I reached out to them and they told me the reason for this issue was because the G2 technology which my system was using to communicate was no longer in place. If it wasn't because I noticed that I was not getting called when the alarm was being set off I would have never received a notification of the issue. When I spoke to them, they claimed that they had notified me, but what they kept notifying me about was an attempt to get me to sign a 3 year contract, they never once told me about this technology issue with my system.

I called and asked them to cancel my account, and they said I had to email them a request to cancel. After emailing, they then sent me a letter telling them I had to call them to discuss my account. When I called again, they said it took 30 days to cancel the account, so I sent them a total of 4 months worth of payments without actually having any sort of security coverage from them. Must be nice to get paid to do NOTHING.

Original review: March 27, 2017

Dishonest business practice. For 3.5 years Safe Home Security withdrew $40 a month from my bank account for a service that never worked. Pinnacle Security sold my account to Safe Home. No letters, no phone calls received regarding this transition. In August, 2016 I called my bank to stop payment on future payments because I decided to go with a new security service - One that worked. At that time, I asked them to identify the merchant so I could send an official cancellation letter. The bank was unable to identify.

As soon as I stopped Automated payments, I heard from Safe Home, by letter, telling me I owed them money. I called and left over a dozen messages that I needed to cancel the service and left my name and phone number. I never received a single phone call back but I continued receiving their billing statements. Finally, I pulled up SHS on the web and called a technical support number. For the first time, I got someone live. It wasn't who I needed to talk to but they transferred me someone in billing who actually picked up the phone. This person said they received my voice mail about cancelling the service in August 2016. When asked why they never returned my phone calls so I could square up financially, they couldn't or wouldn't respond.

Bottom line, they say they are on the up and up contractually and I have no choice but to abide. But for people who are seeking a good security service, do not select Safe Home Security. They don't answer phone calls probably because they're banking on you getting frustrated and hanging up without ever resolving the issue. Don't know how these people face themselves in the mirror everyday.

Original review: March 20, 2017

In May 2016, "Todd" showed up at my home and said my contract with current monitoring company (Monitronics) was about to expire and he was there to upgrade my alarm system and give me 6 months of monitoring service for free. He called a technician, who arrived at my home later that day and replaced a chip in my existing alarm panel and installed a camera on the exterior of my home (which never worked and caused me to miss several important package deliveries, until I removed it a couple of weeks after installation). Todd hand-wrote a cancellation request letter to Monitronics and asked me to sign it.

In June 2016, I received a response letter from Monitronics saying that my contract with them does not end until June 2019 and refusing to cancel. Immediately, I called the number Todd had given me with the express directions to "only call this number if anything comes up and do not call Safe Home Security directly". There was no recording on the voice mailbox other than a standard robotic voice, no company name, no personal name... nothing. I called that number 3 times over the next week and never received a return call. So, I reached out to Safe Home Security directly. I explained the situation to them and they told me I needed to contact "the dealer directly". I told them I'd tried several times, with no response. They said they would have the dealer contact me. No one ever contacted me.

I contacted my prior company and had the chip SHS had installed removed and my system reconnected to Monitronics' monitoring service in June 2016. In December 2016, I noticed a charge on my account from SHS. So, I reached out to them again to re-iterate what I reported to them in June and that I still had not received any responses from their "dealer" and that I had not been receiving monitoring services from them for 6 months, as I had my Monitronics service re-connected. SHS told me they couldn't help me because I was still in the first year of my contract and that I had to deal with their dealer instead. I told them to cancel my contract with them, which is under their name and not their "dealer's".

In February 2017, I noticed yet another charge from SHS on my credit card statement. So, again, I reached out to them via telephone and was once again told they couldn't help me cancel their service because I was in the first year of service. Later that month, I received a copy of the contract with SHS. Again, I called to let them know I am not using their service and need to cancel. They told me they require 60 days notice in writing and gave me an email address to send my notice to, which I promptly did.

Then, in March, I received another letter from SHS saying that I'm under contract with them through November 2021 and giving me their Customer Care Department's direct telephone number. When I called the number, it was disconnected, with no forwarding number. I found another number for SHS online and called. After 25 minutes on hold, I was transferred to "Maria", in "Dealer Support". She took down the information (that I had already given so many times to various representatives) and said she would contact the dealer on my behalf.

When I finally spoke with the dealer (Todd's boss), he was very rude and argumentative, hurling accusations and calling me "stupid" and requiring me to send him a copy of my contract with Monitronics. I told him that was confidential information that I didn't want to share with him. He said there was nothing he could do to terminate the contract with SHS without my information from Monitronics. This felt very "off" to me. No vendor has ever required such a thing of me in the past to cancel a service (particularly one I'm not using and was sold under false pretenses). So, I hung up and called Maria at SHS. She told me that I was required to send confirmation that my Monitronics contract was still active in order for my cancellation with SHS to be considered and gave me her email address to send it to directly. I did send the letter from Monitronics I received in June 2016 to the email address Maria gave me.

The next day, I called her to make sure she'd received my email containing the letter. No return call. So, I called again the following day and left a voicemail message for her. No return call. I called again and left a message. Still no return call. So, I dialed the main SHS number and was told "Maria has left for the day". SHS has cost me a huge amount of time dealing with this ridiculous situation. Why are they so cavalier? At this point, I believe the company to be run by scam artists. I do not wish to deal with them again and will warn anyone willing to listen against using their services.

Original review: March 16, 2017

Never sign up for monitoring with this company! I was switched over to them by another carrier. They forced me to sign a 5-year contract, when I objected they said that was the only option. I should have walked away then, but I wasn't aware I had a choice. A few years down the line I did some remodeling. One of the doors with a sensor was being replaced, I called to see what I should do. I followed their instructions but the sensor never worked again. When the new door was in place we reinstalled the sensor and called to see how to activate it. (For almost one year we paid for monitoring that we could not use). The phone support could not find a solution. They said I would need to pay $75 for a technician to come out. When I called back to schedule the technicians visit they said one would call me. I waited one month, no one called. I called back and made a similar request. Again, no response.

After waiting another month I sent a letter to discontinue the service based on their inability to service my system. I got no response. I called and was told that I had been paying every month for service (14.95) but they had no one in my area to service the system! I then got a lawyer, who was unable to get them to cooperate. It was passed on to the State of Minnesota Attorney General. That only triggered a very rude letter. My bill continues to add up and I have no idea what to do next. I will not pay them another dime.

Original review: March 13, 2017

This company focus on taking money but deliver bad services and options. I have been with them for 9 years and wanted to include video monitoring and remote services but they wanted money that was not competitive. I called to cancel my services after 9 years and was told to send a letter which I did. Then the automatic withdrawal from my account did not stop. I called them to stop taking money from my account and was told no. In effect forcing me to continue with a service that I did not need any longer.

According to them if I don't cancel by January 21st then there is a rolling automatic contract for a year. I sent my cancellation on 13th January so that did not hold water. Then I was told that they need 60 days prior notice so in effect my cancellation prior to January 21st is void and will have the rolling automatic contract for a year. This to me is about the money not the service they provide. Don't ever sign up for their services because it is inferior and they have horrible customer service in effect mafia.

Original review: March 7, 2017

They came to my home in 2012 selling their services and equipment. I signed up for a 5 year contract allowing them to autodraft $50 from my account monthly. I have not used the service in 2-3 years. I tried to cancel 2 years ago and I was told they would not allow me out of my contract. Now that my contract has ended, I am told I had to send a request in writing to cancel 60 days prior or I will be AUTOMATICALLY renewed for another year. They are now again refusing to cancel. They are cons who only want to access your account with no plans to ever service the customer. They are only available to service the system during work hours anyway. The service is lacking and the contracts are designed to take your money indefinitely. I am still fighting to get my contract canceled.

Original review: March 1, 2017

Safe Home Security an out of state based company hire dishonest installers to represent their company and sell security equipment to the elderly. My parents of 90+ yrs. were approached at their home by two men who informed them that the current security system my parents were contracted with was no longer in business. These men said they were sent to switch the monitoring system to Safe Home Security, the replacement company, and that the monthly fee would be less than they had been paying. My unsuspecting parents let them in the house!

Upon completing the written contract my mom noticed the monthly monitoring fee was quite a bit higher than they had been paying. When she mentioned this she was immediately accommodated with a lower monthly fee which was written and she initialed it. However, we believe the change was only made on the pink-customer copy not the original copy. At 90 yrs. she did not catch this scam tactic. After two weeks passed it was discovered that their original security company did not go out of business and their contract with the original company was still binding. This company was kind enough to give my parents two months credit and time to work out the issue with Safe Home Security.

Advocating for my parents I have gotten nowhere over a course of 5 months. Safe Home representatives have done nothing but transfer me to other representatives arguing that there is no upper management to speak to for such issues. They have not returned calls, written communication nor sent a requested copy of the original contract (white-company copy). Plus the monthly fee is not the amount my mom initialed. It is a much larger fee! My parents canceled their credit card in which auto withdraws were authorized and reinstated security monitoring with their original security company. Now they receive hard copy bills from Safe Home Security and have been threatened with collections. I am still trying to resolve this issue for them. Nightmare!

Safe Home Security and all the other names it goes by is a disreputable security alarm company who employ temporary workers to aggressively canvass neighborhoods selling residential security systems. These workers use unethical and dishonest sales tactics meant to mislead and confuse the homeowner. They target not only people already under contract with other alarm companies, but also the elderly. What is worse is that Safe Home Security looks the other way and allows this to happen! Beware this company!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

This company is terrible, they come to your house and they lie from the beginning, They install the system in August 2015, the system did not work properly. They sent a technician three times and the system did not work properly, but they want me to pay. I closed my bank account for other reasons so they could not take my money. In September 2016, I did a deal with them. I paid in full what I owned, for a service I did not receive, and they promise me to fix the system. They did an appointment but the technician never arrived but they want me to pay again. Yesterday, after almost 2 years they came to fix the system, wow, what a great company, I do not want to deal with this people Anymore. I refuse to pay for something I did not receive, please, somebody help us to stop this people. They are stealing our money legally?? There must be something we can do.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Bad home security service! One month ago on 1-3-17, I purchase Safe Home security system for my home. From day one I've had problems with this system. I called the company numerous times about the system giving false alarm to the police department. I called Richard from Safe Home to send out a technician to fix the problem. Nothing was never resolved. So I called Richard back a week later about the problem. He stated "What do you want me to do. Put a gun to the technician head to fix the problem." (Richard work in the schedule department.) So I just want to cancelled my service!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Impossible to get service canceled once you sign 5 year contracts! I was divorced, moved out of the house and exchanged several emails with "customer care" to have the service canceled. My Ex took over the bank account that was being charged, so I did not know they continued to charge him for 7 months after I had the account canceled to the tune of $244.93!!! Still trying to get a refund, but I think I am hitting a wall. I have to go find cancellation papers that were filed and put into storage when I moved. When I called about it, the receptionist at billing said our contract was (magically) running out THIS month - what a coincidence!! I hope someone files a Class Action Lawsuit against these thieves! DO NOT enter into any contract with them, you'll be signing your life away - they are crooks.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I've had problems with my alarm system since day one. In the middle of the night, the alarm would go off, then it started to beep every 2 minutes, just like the smoke detectors do when they're running outta battery, then I noticed a yellow symbol on the panel was constantly on and the beep would come and go! Of course the system is hooked through the landline and every single time there was a problem, Of course my internet would be disconnected, my printer didn't work and I couldn't use my land line, Then they'd call to notify me they received a medical emergency call, which I don't even have the required equipment for such service.

And this is at my parents' house and I don't even live there, and they don't speak English, so every single time something after god knows how many phone calls and zillion emails and 3 no show appointments, somebody came and replaced batteries in all the sensors with brand new ones, the very next day I had the same issue. And the panel kept showing low battery in the master bedroom's sensor, finally I got a call From Jemma who claimed she is a supervisor, contacted me directly, and that's after several requests to call my cellphone instead of my dad's!!! Anyway, she had no idea what the hell she was talking about, she even said that herself, she didn't even know what kinda battery should be used for the sensors, let alone knowing what number! But even after hours of explanation, she still sent me the wrong batteries! Which I didn't even need!

So finally said I wanna cancel my service. She talked me into renewing my contract electronically, since It was close to that date. I said I would do it only if they upgrade and install a brand new system for me after all the hassle, and she verbally Agreed to that. She emailed me the renewal forms but I was busy and couldn't get back to her right away, she bombarded my email account and was super pushy. Well I was so irritated by the time I opened the email that totally didn't pay attention to the ridiculous terms and never noticed that she actually put my mom's initial on the papers herself, even wrote my mom's name in her handwriting, but unfortunately my dumb ass already had signed the papers electronically.

Anyway long story short, Friday somebody was suppose to come to install the new system, Jemma left me multiple voice msgs to expect somebody between 9 am to 1 pm, guess what nobody showed up! Finally we rescheduled for today, the guy showed up around noon, and as he started drilling the wall, told me he is only gonna install a new panel, and all it says on his ticket! I called Jemma right then and there, I was so irritated I could break the phone as she was struggling to say the right word, and all her responses were so unrelated and poor, it almost made me laugh! She said "In order to cancel your service we must first, receive your written request" and that she doesn't have the authority to take further actions!!!

BUNCHA BS ALL ALONG! Waste of my breath, waste of time, money, space... and I just came across this page, which made me happy and upset at the same time, I kinda felt stupid for falling for the whole thing and just realized how difficult is to get rid of them. But at the end of the day, I appreciate whoever created this page and all the effort everybody has put in, knowing that I'm not the only one, puts my mind in ease, a little bit. I am writing this cancellation request right now, any suggestion in terms of what to say or what not to say, I'm done being polite, honestly. But if anybody out there had success in any way, I would appreciate a feedback!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I told them I lost my job and they can pick up their equipment. The nasty lady told me I was locked in. I called the lady who sold me the contract. She never responded. THEY ARE A FRAUD COMPANY. THEY PREY ON LOW INCOME NEIGHBORHOODS.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I have had Safe Home Security for over 6 years and have tried to opt in favor of a better system from AT&T. They have refused to honor and accept my removal from their service. Instead, they extended my service for another year and have threatened me with collection and negative reports to credit bureaus. This is the absolutely the worst consumer experience that I have ever had. I have asked them to send me every contractual document that has my signature indicating that are treating my case fairly and legally. I have at this point I have no choice to pay until they send me my contractual commitments and my attorney can verify my claim. DO NOT BECOME INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY! You will regret it.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Security One contacted me by stealing my information from ADT. Told me they were taking over ADT and "we're offering me a great deal." I had alarm installed with intentions of having a camera with alarm. When installer arrived he told me that the camera he had wasn't very good and I would be better off getting one from Costco and installing one myself.

I've had the alarm from Safe Home for over a year now and it hasn't worked properly since I've had it. Several false alarms. Was called by alarm company and told someone was breaking in my house. Left work and speeded home to find everything just as I left it. No break ins. No police responding. Called for service and took off from work to meet service person. They never showed! Called and tried to cancel the whole alarm and was told I can't until contract is up. Scheduled second service appointment. Was told no openings for three weeks yet I still have to pay for service since I'm in a contract! This company is a rip off and should be shut down. Beware.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

To begin, we sign up with SHS in 2015. In March 2016, we had a false smoke detector alarm. I spoke with the person over the system and explained something is wrong with this detector. The lady I spoke with scheduled an appoint for service. No one ever showed up. After this, and going through many medical issues...The alarm did not go off, so we let it go. All indications was that it was fine. IT WAS NOT.

In June 2016, we had 2 false alarms again. Both times, I spoke with SHS on the intercom, that all was fine. After the 2nd alarm, I requested to have someone check my system. I was informed that the service COULD NOT be arranged until 3 weeks later. As I said, dealing with many health issues... when I was told it would be 3 weeks, my 1st question was "how can you be a security company?" Then, so I pay for a month and only 1 week of service. Doing this, YOU ARE NOT!!!

I sat and read my 3 year contract. On the contract it gives a fax number to fax the cancellation to. In addition, even though I did not agree...it said to cancel, you had to pay the current and next months charges...which they had already taken. I cancelled the auto pay at my bank. They can NOT get to my money anymore...without a courtroom...I PRAY. Due to my circumstances, and had to act on behalf of MY family's safety. THEY BREACHED THE CONTRACT due to not providing the security they claim to provide. 3 weeks away is a joke. And in mine and many other's book IS NOT A SECURITY COMPANY. Anyone WILL see this the same way. It's like a bank opening the doors and leaving. Take what you want. LOL.

My system was COMPLETELY removed in early July 2016. The complete system has been shut off since June 23rd 2016. I get regular calls from them for money. As soon as I mention the step in cancellation, they hang up. Back in June 23rd 2016, after finding all this out, I became very UPSET to say is being kind because, I have my wife, her sister and a 3 year old living in my home...and I had MAJOR brain surgery on July 14th. I have screen copies of my login with them. And keep in mind it is 2017. Over 6 months my online status has been shown as June 23rd 2016 10 - 11 AM. I have YET to get a call after 6 months, other than threatening me to pay up...that I cannot cancel.

I explained that THEY breached the contract, failing to service equipment, as stated in THEIR contract. I followed it to the letter. Still no service from them and MANY threatening calls on a regular basis. Since this is happening, and I find them on the phone, I say "1 moment please. Yes I am her, and by law I must inform you that this conversation is being recorded. Most object, or just hang up." The objections, I just tell them, "the answering from THE COMPANY notified was being recorded. Why can't I. What are you afraid of." So they hang up. Put in request for a manager now 4 times. Only answering machine and no call back.

After I recovered well enough from removing the aneurysm, with brain surgery...SO I am tired and talking to a very good friend and my attorney...he's ready. This is NOT phone harassment or any minor issue. They have put my wife, son, sister-in-law and her 3 yr old IN DANGER. I keep begging them to take it to court and if it shows on my credit report, we would have a major legal problem. GOOD LUCK. Almost sounds to me, they need class act (Group) to file. Worked with my friend against a very similar company. It went very very well. The company, between both attorneys and 3 others they flew in from Colorado...tally they paid just over $250,000.

PS. Please not all problems shown are right now...and the dates on the problems over 6 months ago. Also, I think my attorney has the contract but I DO have these 2 attachment, they are playing games. The bill says Safeguard Security, but the log in print of my status also shows SHS (Safe Home Security). Top left corner.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

We had a different company for almost 10 years until SHS bought them out. Now it's a nightmare! They will not call you back and will not stop drafting your account! STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!! THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY AND WILL NOT STOP! BAD COMPANY!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Got sales call from Safe Home; decided to try them. They came out too early and I wasn't home yet or ready for them to come. The person who came told me that he was not even close to prepared for the job he was given, even though I told them all the windows and doors as well. He could not answer basic questions about my systems other than "this one is wireless," however, that wasn't my question.

The guy has to come back and he said that he didn't think I would have the "free installation" b/c of the need for all the windows (despite me giving the number of windows/doors I have). I told him "the person on the phone said it didn't matter it was all covered," and he said, "Well that might be the case." I told him it would be the case or there would be no business interaction b/c several companies have called to get our business and we have the opportunity to get a good deal. He stated multiple times that the middle persons who set up the call and sales pitch had nothing to do with him, that they don't work for the company, they are a "middle man."

Not taking any responsibility for the services that got them the business in the first place. I'm glad the guy had to leave and didn't have the supplies necessary to do the job, I haven't even gotten a callback. Based on the interaction alone and the lack of communication and continuity from Safe Home, I will NOT use this company. I'm glad I'm I didn't get stuck with them given the amount of negative reviews here.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

A few hours ago, my alarm was "tripped" and the only notification I received was via e-mail!!! About 2.5 hours after the 1st e-mail was sent to me is when I viewed that e-mail... No one called me to tell me that my front door alarm was going off. Safe Home Security sent me an e-mail!!! They actually sent me 2 e-mails telling me my alarm was going off! I cannot explain how disturbed I was to read that this event this took place over 2 hours ago. I cannot believe they didn't call me immediately, directly on my cell phone which is the number I provided them as the 1st call. They did however call my home phone, which the answer machine recorded 37 attempts by them. I'm floored and a bit angry that they didn't call me directly on my cell phone. On top of that, there is no callback phone number listed in the e-mail, only a Reference #.

I called into customer service, and I'm again surprised to find that there is not an option to speak to someone regarding an alarm event. I chose option 2... Customer service, and was promptly put on hold, and then hung up on. Called back, and spoke to someone who was very apologetic, but could offer no explanation for why I wasn't called. He did suggest that I speak to his Manager, who was currently on the phone but advised me to leave a message and he promised the Manager would call me back. I'm still waiting for that return phone call. I did not sign up with this company, I signed up with Security One and was extremely pleased with their Customer Service. I'm thoroughly disappointed and concerned about this company's customer service going forward.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

I am a subscriber to Security One. I was surprised to hear that it is changed to Safe Home Security and later I was told that it is still Security One but contracted to Safe Home. My alarm keeps going off and I was told I can only get a service guy to come in 2 WEEKS and I will have to deactivate my alarm even though I am still paying every month. Then I received a call saying there is no service guy available - it will be three weeks before someone can come because they are too busy in other areas. I was also told that since my contract is up - I will have to pay for the battery myself and also for the service call. Later I called the office again to change my credit card auto payment- I was told that the change cannot be done until 2 weeks later. There must be something very magical about 2 weeks with this company. I am absolutely disappointed with this company - Security One or is it Safe Home Security?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

Twice we have tried to cancel this service and each time we have been explicitly lied to about the contract renewal date so that when we called on the day they told us to call to cancel the policy had already auto-renewed for 2 years.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I signed up with Security One two years ago. I was recently told that Safe Home Security had bought my contract. My payments are automatically withdrawn and nothing changed so I was unaware. Recently there was an issue with my system. I had been ill and hadn't reported it. As luck would have it someone called to get me to renew my contract. I told the person on the phone that I would renew with the tech when he fixed my alarm. She said the visit would be free because I was renewing. I asked if they could come the next day which was Veterans Day and I was off work. She said she needed to email tech. No one showed up and no one called me. I call back on Tuesday the following week. I was told they could fix problem on phone. Not only could they not fix the problem but made it worse.

Then I was told three weeks for a service call. I ask to speak with a supervisor and I was told the only person higher than the person I was speaking to was the owner. I said then have the owner call me. Of course no phone call. I decided that I may need some of the equipment replaced. I called customer service to find my local office so I can just change our equipment and be done. The customer service person told me they didn't know the address. Unbelievable! Then she transferred me to a supervisor. He was rude. He told me my appointment was never confirmed. I didn't have a service ticket in. He tried to put words in my mouth. He called me intimidating. He said they were one of the largest alarm companies in the world but they only have one tech in my area and he is only available on Thursdays, which I was never told before. This Thursday was Thanksgiving so I would need to wait another week.

The bottom line is I pay this company monthly to monitor my alarm system. If the system isn't working they can't monitor it. If I am paying for alarm service that is because I feel I need it. When I report a problem I expect it to be taken care of in a courteous and timely manner, the same way I pay my bill each month. I decided I want out of my contract. I was told to send in a letter now but I had to keep paying until August when my contract expire. If I didn't send in a letter my contract will be automatically renewed.

I never chose this company. After reading the reviews I would have never chose them. There should be a way I could end this contract. They are not protecting me and my family if I have faulty equipment and have to wait weeks for them to replace it. After reading reviews not only will I have to wait weeks but I will have a big bill to accompany my wait. All these people do is collect a check. If my alarm goes off they call the cops. In the two years it's went off once by mistake and no one notified me. They said they didn't have my cell. When I signed up I provided my cell as well as my son's. They said they called the house. Obviously I wasn't at home. I have had alarm service since the 90's and never had a problem.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

We were first involved in this situation via our contract and involvement with Point Home security. It seems that there are others in our position. Point Home Security was a sham of a company, which could never get billing straight, and which did not ever answer the phone or return voice mails. Evidently they were bought out of bankruptcy by SHS, which is not surprising. We thought we were out of the woods as SHS could at least get the billing straight, but not so.

Oddly enough, when our 3-year contract with PHS ran out in 8/2016, SHS cancelled our contract without inquiring whether we wanted to continue service, which I thought was rather unusual. Usually companies want to keep charging you. I looked at other security companies but everyone wanted $2K up front for all new equipment so I contacted SHS to continue service at 1/2 the former price as the equipment was all paid for. This was finalized in 9/2016 and I thought all was good. However in 10/2016 the Alarm.com APP stopped working and after several calls to them they pointed the finger at SHS. I called SHS 3 times (at least they do answer the phone) and was told each time that the problem would be fixed with Alarm.com and I would be contacted when that was accomplished, which never happened.

I just called them for the 4th time and now they say they are discontinuing to work with Alarm.com and need to switch me over to Quantum, and that requires a second service call. So it has taken 4 weeks and 7 calls to Alarm.com and SHS and I still have to deal with scheduling another service call (they came out when I re-upped service in 9/2016 already), and evidently have to deal with another APP. Just a huge disappointment. We knew PHS was a dog and now it looks like SHS is no better. By the time this is over I will have made 10 telephone calls and dealt with two service calls and I don't know when it will be done with. Something like this should have been fixed with the first call or two. I, and I assume anyone else, doesn't have time to deal with inconsistent and poor customer service. I would urge everyone to avoid SHS like the plague and start with a reputable security company with good customer service and prompt follow up.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

As indicated, this company has been a VERY POOR choice for us. Salesman GEORGE harassed the household daily with pressured sales until we unfortunately signed, without reading the contract closely enough. 50 months. Yes, 50 months, and then "automatic renewal" unless a cancellation letter is on file. I have called MANY times to ask for any other options... they me paying the entire contract updated front if I want to cancel my service. 36 months to go, pay in full every year, and NO options. "You signed the contract... it is legal and binding." HORRID. Even when the alarm has sounded there has been no response, so kiss your $30.00/mo goodbye. Did I say HORRID??? Horrid. UnAmerican. Bullies. Pressured sales to vulnerable elderly clientele. Horrid.

Safe Home Security, Inc. expert review by Erin Raub

Safe Home Security (SHS) was established in 1988 and is available in select areas of the United States. SHS has memberships with the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NFBA) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).

• Special discounts: The SHS website shows special offers available to new customers, like 15 percent off of new equipment purchases. Interested consumers can also call Safe Home Security to learn about other discounts and offers.

• Multiple offerings: Safe Home Security offers burglary, fire and medical monitoring services.

• Monitoring: SHS provides monitoring via landline or cellular signal. The company’s monitoring is certified by the Security Industry Association.

• Security assessment: Safe Home Security offers a free assessment to help consumers determine which services they need. The company then designs bundle options around those needs.

• Payment options: Customers can schedule monthly or quarterly payments, or they can pay their premium annually. Automatic payments can be scheduled from a bank account or a credit card.

• Best for: Homeowners and hands-off consumers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information