It's that easy Request Information
4.89/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

CPI Security has been a leader in customized home security and smart home automation for over 25 years. CPI provides innovative solutions to make lives safer, easier, and more convenient through state of the art technology, round the clock monitoring, and excellent customer service. As one of the only providers to design, install, monitor, and service their own security systems, our commitment to high standards is evident.

View More View More

362 CPI Security Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

System Check | Battery Replacement. Rudi reached out to announce his arrival. He was on-time and ready for work. He quickly completed the tasks, explaining to me along the way what was being accomplished. He was very personable. I enjoyed having him service the system. I would welcome him into my home anytime.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi Jack. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Rudi provided! Thank you for being a member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I had arranged for a temporary suspension of service while moving from one house to another and found the service had not been paused as ordered. When I called to correct the problem the service staff were pleasant, efficient, and immediately corrected the problem and gave me a credit for my over payment. While this may seem like a service problem to some I saw it as excellent service. Most companies are difficult to deal with when they have made a mistake; it's like a war to get the problem corrected. I would note this is the only issue I have had with CPI in several years of service at two locations. I find the service easy to use, especially the phone app, very effective, and all the staff pleasant and knowledgeable. It's really delightful to work with a company like CPI.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi Linda, Thank you for providing your review on CPI Security. We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions, at all.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Nice experience with Tech Walter. He was very clear and explained everything very clearly. Very happy with installation and technician very thorough. Happy with CPI. Would recommend to others. Like the setup. I don’t have any other comments but I’m pleased.

Hello Michele,

Thank you for your review! Please let us know if you need anything further.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Michael was an outstanding installation technician, and we are very happy with the system in our new home. He called ahead of time as promised, arrived on time, and did a very thorough job of getting our system installed an up and running.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Stephen. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Michael provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I have been with CPI since 2003. My system was getting old and CPI came in changed out my whole system to update it to work with cellular towers. My system has gone through many changes and additions in the last 15 years and had become complicated due to home additions and structural changes. I was most pleased with the technician Jed ** who took on the task of changing out the system and bringing it back up to work in modern times. It was a complicated switch out and I was impressed that he constantly wanted to make sure everything was to my liking... and that I understood all the new changes and how to work the new system. Thanks Jed!

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Patricia. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Jed provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CPI Security Systems?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Justin came out to get our cameras hooked up to our account and he went "above and beyond" making sure our entire security system was set up probably. He also noticed that certain door contacts could be placed in a better position for added security and showed us how to use features on the system that suited our needs. We really appreciated that he wanted to make sure the whole system was set up in the best possible way, even though he was just coming out for the cameras. Big thanks to Justin!!

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Greg. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system and that Justin was so helpful! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Overall very positive experience. Impressed with CPI on a number of fronts. Stephen ** really sold CPI to me. Impressive. My install tech Thad ** was also excellent. Very good manners and solid workmanship. He had a nice personality. Highly recommend to anyone. In fact I plan to refer friends to Stephen. Thank you.

Hi Michael,
Thank you for your review. Good to hear that Stephen and Thad did a great job making sure that you felt comfortable with your decision. Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Sean was fantastic, extremely knowledgeable and helpful. It was a please working with him. My router was not working correctly and he help me to solve the issue. He answered all of my questions and provided me with an extensive tutorial.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Amelia. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Sean provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Thanks to Joe for the outstanding job (camera repair) this morning. He is extremely knowledgeable, customer focused, prompt and the technician I will be requesting for all future repairs and upgrades. He is a true gem to CPI and serve/represents your company well.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi, Luke Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the customer service Joe provided! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Thad ** is a good listener, intelligent, knowledgeable, patient, customer focused, and an excellent technician. Prior to his installation work, Thad carefully explained the options we had and offered his professional advice on wireless vs. wired system, location of all devices, and recommendation for a second panel upstairs. After consideration, we followed all of his recommendations. We highly recommend Thad.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello, Ronald. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Thad provided! Thank you for being a member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Your technician Mitchell came today to do a free upgrade and he was truly amazing! So knowledgeable and patient with an admittedly non techie person (me!). He was personable, patient with my barking dog, cheerful, efficient, diligent... I could go on and on, but I’m sure I’d run out of characters. I wish every person had his cheerful attitude and emphasis on customer service! Thank you CPI for employing a person of his character and expertise. This was a very good experience and why we will stay loyal to CPI.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi, Susan. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system and that Mitchell was so helpful in getting you set up! Thanks for choosing CPI for your security needs. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I am not a customer and I have never been a customer but I have been receiving on average between 5 and 10 text messages from them a day for the last year. They will not stop upon repeated requests. I believe this is totally illegal because I am on the do-not-call registry. Even if I wasn't, this is total harassment. I have contacted the FCC and am hoping they can help. I am thinking about contacting a lawyer to sue them.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi Mr. Smalley, We am sorry that you are getting unwanted texts. We are currently using the information you provided us to see where the messages are coming from. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything further, at care@cpisecurity.com or 1-800-948-7133, extension 6280.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Rudy was amazing! Installed at my location twice, professional and pleasant both occasions! Will definitely recommend to friends and family. Products are awesome and innovative. As well as easy to use. Pricing is fair. Rudy was on time and cleaned up after himself.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Michelle. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I would like to thank Brian **, the technician who came to my home, for a wonderful job. He was the most courteous and professional young men I have had the experience of encountering in years. He was very knowledgeable, answered all my questions and went above & beyond.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Laura. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Brian provided! Thank you for being a member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Technician was great. He recommended rational and beneficial upgrades explaining the benefits of each. Contacted sale associate to confirm he was answering me questions correctly and walked me through setting up online features. I am giving serious thought of adding equipment.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Brian. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Thaddeus was very helpful and professional. Explained the system simply and installed all products quietly and quickly. Make sure he is recognized for this. He was even helpful with other suggestions and recommendations. Everything is in its right place and so far great quality.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi Morgan. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear the installation appointment went so well! We hope you enjoy the system and the peace of mind it brings. Have a safe day!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

The installing tech Danny was outstanding. His Customer service skills were exceptional. He went out of his way to ensure he answered all my questions and explained the system top to bottom. Company needs to hold on to this tech.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello, Duane. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Danny provided! Thank you for being a member of the CPI Family.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

CPI repair technician was professional, kind, and knows his work very well. He was thorough in also updating system and making sure every sensor was working. I appreciate the fact that he called and was on time. He did excellent work and is trustworthy. We appreciate that CPI has such an outstanding technician working for them.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello, Michelle. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Joe provided! Thank you for being a member of the CPI Family.

Resolution response: Oct. 24, 2018

Everything was done with professionalism and knowledge. Have had CP I for years.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Mr. Sean ** was the tech that serviced our system. I must say he was one of the most professional individuals that I have ever had. He checked everything on my system and made sure everything was working correctly. I appreciate his knowledge and his demeanor. Should I ever need a check of the system I will ask for him. Thank you for employing someone like Mr. **. He represents your company very well.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi, Sharon. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear the service appointment went so well! We hope you enjoy the system and the peace of mind it brings. Have a safe day!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Purchased a home that had CPI hardware. Started a new account with CPI using existing hardware plus the addition of a doorbell camera and other sensors. Technician Christopher ** did an excellent job setting everything up and walking us through the process of using the new camera and existing sensors. Would definitely recommend.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi, John. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear the installation appointment went so well! We hope you enjoy the system and the peace of mind it brings. Have a safe day!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I have been a CPI customer for years and with my recent move made the decision to continue with their service. The support and customer service provided continues to exceed my expectations. The installation could not have gone easier, with every question and concern addressed and answered.

CPI Security Systems response
Hell Frank. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Damon was an exceptional tech person. He was on time & listened to our needs. He positioned the equipment in places that will be effective but also not eyesores. He did an excellent job reviewing the system with us upon completion.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi Anne,. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system and that Damon was so helpful in getting you set up! Thanks for choosing CPI for your security needs. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Mr. ** was very professional during the installation process. Mr. ** is extremely knowledgeable and took the time to educate us on the system along with recommending additional equipment to ensure the security of our home. Due to his expertise and recommendations we definitely feel safe and secure. We will definitely recommend CPI to friends and family and we are so glad that we made the transition from ADT to CPI.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Miller. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, and welcome to the CPI Family! We hope you enjoy your new security system and the peace of mind it brings. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or if you need anything else!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Rudolph was very informative and helpful. He was very nice and did a great job getting all hooked back up! I would give him an A plus in customer service and recommend him to help anyone. He couldn't have been nicer.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Shelby. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Rudolph provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I have just recently installed my CPI security system so not a lot of experience with the monitoring services. But the consult and install were very helpful and thorough. Clear everyone works as a team and was there to support the client. This is my first security system and they made sure I had everything I needed to be safe but did not try to "oversell" me with equipment I did not need. Really appreciated all the time they took to educate me on what I needed and how to use the equipment properly. It was also easy to explain to my husband who was not here during the install. We have our first baby coming next month and now feel like we have the last thing to make this home a safe environment for our little one. Thank you for your help CPI!

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Perry, Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Paul helped me so much understand the setup process. He worked very hard to get things set up. I’m hoping we will love the new system. We had been with ADT for 10 years. We will call with any concern that we may have. Thank you.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Teresa. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Very knowledgeable, very patient and efficient. Outstanding representative. He was on time. Went the extra mile to perform his job performance. I appreciate the CPI representive give us a 48 hour trail to learn our system.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi, Monica. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Just had our new CPI security system installed. The installation technician, Jed called about 30 minutes prior to arrival, well within the appointment window. He was extremely knowledgeable about all the equipment he installed. He took extra effort to ensure things were properly done and explained every detail about the system to us. This process went extremely smooth. Jed was a true professional in all aspects.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Bruce, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, and welcome to the CPI Family! We hope you enjoy your new security system and the peace of mind it brings. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or if you need anything else!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I had my security system removed from my old home and reinstalled in my new home by technician Jed **. He arrived during the designated window of time. He called ahead of time to let me know he was on his way. He was very professional in his work and communication with me. He took the time to explain everything to me and made sure I was comfortable with his work. When he was finished, he explained everything to me and cleaned up. Before he left, he made sure to answer all of my questions and share necessary contact information. I was very pleased with his work and recommend him without any reservations.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Johnny. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

It was a pleasure to work with Isamael from CPI. I recently moved and needed my equipment reinstalled. After arriving, he explained everything that he was doing to do and suggested the best places to install the equipment. CPI is a great company for all your security needs. Thanks Isamael!!!

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Roslyn. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, and welcome to the CPI Family! We hope you enjoy your new security system and the peace of mind it brings. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or if you need anything else!

CPI Security Systems expert review by Ben Mannes

Offers home security system installation and 24/7 monitoring in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, Alabama, Florida and Tennessee. Choose from packages ranging from $39.99-$64.99 with free professional installation. Systems have a minimum 5-year contract. $99 activation fee for homeowners and $299 for renters. 90-day warranty for equipment and 1-year warranty for parts.

• No false alarm guarantee: If your system malfunctions and causes a false alarm, CPI Security Systems will credit your account for the cost of any tickets or fines you receive from your local government.

• Take over other systems: If you already have a home security system in your house, CPI can take it over. They can monitor the alarm system you already have, so you won’t have to install new equipment.

• Security cameras: You can get both indoor and outdoor security cameras and doorbell cameras from CPI security.

• Professional home security system installation: All systems from CPI are professionally installed. This ensures your home security system will be set up correctly from the start.

• Referral program: For every person who you refer to CPI that signs up for service with the company, you’ll get one month of monitoring for free.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

CPI Security Systems Company Information