Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.81/5

CPI Security has been a leader in customized home security and smart home automation for more than 25 years. CPI provides innovative solutions to make its customers’ lives safer, easier and more convenient through state-of-the-art technology, 24/7 monitoring and quality customer service.

BOTTOM LINE

CPI Security is a smart choice for security monitoring. Though the company doesn’t permit returns and requires lengthy contracts, the technology, installation and warranty perks make it a worthwhile option for homeowners.

PROS

• High-tech security equipment
  • Warranties available
  • Variety of packages
  • Complimentary installation

CONS

• No return policy
  • Lengthy contracts
  • Limited availability

Top CPI Security Systems Reviews

I cannot say enough good things about CPI. I have had to call them on several occasions and the representatives I spoke with were amazing… I cannot imagine using any other security company.

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

What is CPI Security?

Homeowners, renters and commercial property owners who want to protect their properties and belongings benefit from CPI Security’s professional security monitoring services. The company's home security products include indoor and outdoor cameras, doorbell cameras, controls for lights and locks, door and window sensors, streaming video recorders and even medical pendants. Customers can use inTouch, the CPI Security app, to remotely control system components from any internet-enabled device. CPI Security is available in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.

CPI Security packages

CPI Security offers several packages and products designed to fit your personal security needs. Each system features smart home technology and the ability to protect your home whether you’re inside or away. CPI security pricing starts at $29.99 per month, though costs vary depending on equipment and monitoring rates. CPI Security contracts range from 39 to 60 months.

• inTouch Essentials: A basic plan designed to protect the entry points of your home, this system includes five door or window sensors, a motion detector, a wireless control panel and access to the inTouch app.
  • inTouch Essentials Plus: This plan provides all the features of the Essentials plan plus the ability to answer the door from anywhere with the inTouch Smart Hub.
  • inTouch Edge: This comprehensive package protects your home's interior with all the features of the Essentials Plus plan and exterior with the inTouch outdoor camera. Plus, you can let a visitor into your home with the touchscreen keyless door lock.

CPI Security equipment

Homeowners can protect the interior and exterior of their homes with a variety of equipment backed by CPI Security. Each equipment option gives homeowners the ability to monitor what’s going on in and around their homes. Some of CPI’s most popular security equipment includes glass-break detectors, door and window sensors and security cameras.

• Glass-break detectors: These small devices alert homeowners when the glass in window panes breaks. Glass-break detectors are ideal for rooms with glass exterior doors or multiple windows.
  • Door/window sensors: CPI Security's door and window sensors trigger an alarm when a door or window is opened. If the system isn’t armed, the sensor makes a chime sound when any door or window opens.
  • Indoor cameras: These indoor, high-definition cameras with real-time audio and video help monitor activity inside the home and communicate verified emergencies to authorities. CPI's security cameras are compatible with the inTouch app and support wireless connection to a broadband router. They also feature high-quality video with fast frame rates and excellent performance, even in low lighting. Additional indoor camera options from CPI Security include the inTouch 180 camera, which offers a 180-degree field of view, two-way communication and a 6.8-megapixel camera.
  • Outdoor cameras: CPI Security's outdoor video cameras have 1080p high-definition video and let homeowners view what’s going on around their homes in real time through the inTouch app. These cameras are weather-resistant and show people and objects up to 40 feet away in total darkness. However, CPI Security does not include its outdoor cameras in its free installation services.
  • Doorbell cameras: With this camera’s motion sensors, digital microphone and speaker, homeowners can answer the door and speak to visitors directly through the CPI app. Homeowners can view doorstep activity in the app even if the visitor doesn’t ring the doorbell.
  • inTouch SmartHubs: With the inTouch SmartHub, a homeowner can rest assured that their home has monitoring with the latest technology. The SmartHub can snap a photo when someone disarms the security system, provide a live view of the home with camera streaming, help answer the front door and disarm the CPI alarm.

CPI Security FAQ

How much does CPI Security cost per month?
Currently, CPI Security monitoring rates start at $29.99 per month. Security systems with CPI Security vary in price depending on the equipment you choose.
How does CPI Security system monitoring work?
CPI Security owns its monitoring center, which features 24/7 TMA Five Diamond-designated monitoring. This service allows consumers and any visitors to communicate with monitoring professionals via two-way voice and video verification. CPI Security monitoring costs vary based on the package and equipment a consumer chooses. Credit approval, minimum purchase and activation are mandatory.
Do I have to install CPI security systems myself?
No, you do not have to install a CPI security system yourself. Once you’ve selected the equipment you want for your home or office, a CPI Security technician installs and activates the equipment. Installation for most equipment is complimentary; however, the installation of outdoor security cameras, smart locks or thermostats is not free.

CPI Security does not allow its customers to install devices themselves. If a false alarm occurs because of improper installation or device malfunction, CPI Security refunds any false alarm penalties you receive.

What is CPI Security’s return policy?
CPI Security does not have a return policy. Though you can cancel your monitoring service if you're on a month-to-month security contract, you lose the money you've invested in the equipment. Customers do have a right of rescission, though, which allows them to receive a refund up to three days after the sale.
Does CPI Security equipment come with a warranty?
A limited one-year warranty is available for replacement parts, and a 90-day warranty is available for labor. Customers can purchase an extended warranty for an additional fee to receive free replacement parts and installation on any CPI Security equipment affected by normal wear and tear.
Does CPI Security require Wi-Fi?
Some equipment, like window sensors, do not require Wi-Fi connectivity, but certain systems, including the inTouch SmartHub panel, require Wi-Fi connectivity to operate.
Does CPI Security offer environmental sensors or devices?
CPI Security offers carbon monoxide detectors, water sensors and fire communicators. These devices help keep residents safe during environmental emergencies like gas leaks or house fires.

Is CPI Security a good security system?

Homeowners, renters and commercial property owners in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee benefit from using CPI Security for their security monitoring needs. Consumers who use CPI Security enjoy it because of its wireless equipment and cellular monitoring, no-false-alarm guarantee, month-to-month contract option and available warranties.

CPI Security Systems Reviews

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

RUN AWAY FROM CPI SECURITY. I've been a Member with Cpi since 2013 where they got me is on the long term contract. The sales associate came into my house, installed the alarm system and camera and slipped a long term contract. My mistake was I didn't read the contract and just signed the paperwork which was my mistake. After a few months I got over with it and kept them as my alarm company, Which they were great until now December 2019. I get a call from their associate Chasity and she informs me my contract is about to run out and she wants to see what I want to do. I informed her I'm selling my old house and that I need to cancel my services and she informed me of a great special they have going on to see if I would take advantage of it in my new house.

Well yet again I'm promised the entire world. Chasity promised me she will replace my outdated locks that I purchased in 2013 to the newer ones at no cost. When the installer comes to my house on top of that I was already quoted a price and nothing was mentioned that I will be paying for a new keypad as I've already had an older one that the installer that came out to my old house to take my equipment out didn't take my keypad and I was informed I would get one for free which is another lie. I paid for the package that I really didn't need as I've already paid for the package deal back in 2013. I did agree to pay for additional keypad in my master bedroom which I agreed, Mike who was the installer who was great from their company and was patient and worked his buns off to make sure I'm happy Thank you for your services.

Soo everyone please go elsewhere or get everything in writing as this company doesn't care about your safety as well. As I moved out my old house the alarm system was still active which was suppose to be disconnected on Jan 7 2020, until the alarm went off at my previous old house that I moved out that's when they cancelled my services at that residence. Luckily the people that bought my old house had my cell number. STAY AWAY AND GO WITH A DIFFERENT COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I had an alarm issue this morning with my alarm continuously going off. The key pad read “sensor alert”. I called the customer service dept, pressed the correct Number for cust service and waited 26 MINUTES!! I thought to myself that maybe the call just got lost so I hung up and called again. I waited 28 MINUTES.... still, no one answered and all I kept hearing was “thank you for your patience, we will be with you shortly”. I finally hung up called back and pressed the key for new services as though I was going to buy a new CPI system and wouldn’t you know it someone picked up immediately! The wait time of almost an hour in total is absolutely unacceptable.

They either need to hire more people or expect to have some very upset customers if this is the direction their customer service is heading. I have had CPI in two different homes for a total of almost 20 years and I have always been pleased with CPI but the past several times I’ve had to call over the last year the wait times are getting a longer and longer. When I did make my last phone call to the sales department I spoke to a very lovely gentleman named Joseph who was so very helpful and patient with my irritability and letting me vent. CPI you have got to do better than this because your competition is out there waiting...

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I've had CPI for 18 months and have called Every 2/3 months due to The Doorbell Camera. It's a hit or miss (mostly Miss) if it picks up Any movement Unless someone is Actually on my doorstep. I just had My 3rd doorbell replaced Nov 18th! (I Did get a 3 month reduction on my bill) All worked fine when the Tech left. TODAY Nov 19th, A package was delivered to my door And the camera Not only Didn't pick up the person walking to my door, But didn't record him on My doorstep...In Front of The Camera!! I'm Beyond Frustrated! I Definitely Will be making a decision at the end of my contract.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hi, S. Thank you for taking the time to provide your review on CPI Security. We are sorry to hear of the frustrations surrounding your doorbell camera. We value your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. We would like to speak with you for more details, please provide us with a good contact number and I will have a member from our Customer Care Leadership team reach out directly; or you may contact us at your earliest convenience at care@cpisecurity.com or 1-800-948-7133, extension 6280. Thank you for being a valuable member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: July 12, 2019

Nick was my salesman and Curt was my installer. These guys are exceptional employees and go above the call of duty to answer questions, confirm that I know how to operate the system. Curt spent all day on my job because he had a lot to do. He was very courteous, kind towards my family and our dog and an overall joy to be around!! Great job guys!!

CPI Security Systems response
    Hello, Daryl. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, and welcome to the CPI Family! We hope you enjoy your new security system and the peace of mind it brings. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or if you need anything else!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: July 5, 2019

I cannot say enough good things about CPI. I have had to call them on several occasions and the representatives I spoke with were amazing. I was having to deal with a terrible situation and had to change my codes, get cameras installed, etc. They were so helpful and even sent me hand written thank you notes with personal messages about how they hoped I was doing ok. I have had CPI for probably 15 years now and I cannot imagine using any other security company.

Very grateful,

Julie

CPI Security Systems response
    Hello, Julie. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.
    Have a safe day!

Quality Assurance Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CPI Security Systems?

Original review: June 4, 2019

I have taken CPI Security services 3 years back and the sales guy has never mentioned about the 5 years contract. As I was handling multiple things at that time to move into the new house, I didn't read through all of their small written contents. I called CPI Services last week and they said the sales guy should have told you and they were not good in even responding. They were talking like do whatever you want to do. I even told them that I will take it to blogs and social media and they are not worried. They provide the worst services. It's like cheating people without informing about the contract details. I have learnt from our community that some of them got only 3 years contract. I am not at all satisfied with their services and I badly wanted to get out of their services.

CPI Security Systems response

Hello, Praneeth. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We value your business and apologize for the frustration this has caused. I have located your account and a member of the Customer Support leadership team will be in contact shortly. Please contact us directly if you need anything further.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: May 19, 2019

Terrible, short sighted decision to hold customers to the fire in the final months of their contract. Congrats on getting the $400 and losing a customer for a lifetime. Additionally, they've replied on my Google review to leave the facade of actually caring about their customers. The number they asked me to call is a generic customer service line that never actually got me to speak with anyone or anywhere. Then, I called the next day and spoke with someone who said they'd have the manager Andy or Matt call. That also did not happen. They're trash. Do NOT trust your family, safety, money with this company.

Hello,
    Thank you for your review. We understand that you have concerns surrounding your agreement with CPI, and in particular the cancellation process and early termination fee.
    We are sorry for any inconvenience and frustration you’ve endured throughout the cancellation process. It is very much our desire to keep you as a happy customer and continue protecting your home and family as we have done in the past. However, we respect the fact that you’ve chosen to terminate services with us. As outlined in your executed agreement, A fee is applicable as the initial terms of the agreement have not been fulfilled.
    CPI feels we have acted ethically and within our contractual arrangements. We hope to restore your faith in CPI at some point in the future and hope that you will entrust us once again to provide protection and peace of mind for your home and family.
    Brandon T.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: May 4, 2019

I have tried to work with this company now for months. They are nice, polite and respectful but terribly inept, at least with me and my system. Let me explain (apologies for the long post but this would be a great comedy if it were not so annoying and irritating). When we go the system initially, I wanted one of the more updated panels but was told by the installer that my house could not use it because my garage was too far away. My daughter had just got a system with the updated panel and I measured the distance to her garage and found it to be a foot further away from her house than my garage was from mine so the explanation didn't make sense. I complained but CPI refused to change out my panel for less than an additional $300. OK, so I gave up on that. A few weeks later, one of our windows sensors went off without any cause and set off an alarm.

WE had to wait several days for a tech to get out and had to disable the sensor to keep it from going off (the sensor is on a ground floor window so not the best scenario). The tech came after several days and put in a new sensor. I’ll say here that all of the techs (I have had a bunch come out) have been polite and respectful even if it was painfully apparent that some did not fully know what to do. Next we had the episodes involving the smoke detectors. I have 2 in the house, one on each floor. First the upstairs starting going off with no reason (no fires, no flame, no smoke, no reason). That was fixed by another tech and a week or so later the other one started doing the same thing. Same drill again, no smoke, no reason for it to go off. Another tech came and replaced that one. This time the tech said that the older panel I had might have been causing some of my issues and I ought to get a new panel.

I explained to him that I had asked for that in the beginning but was denied. He said I should call and check which I did the next day. I spoke with customer care and was told sure, they would put in a new panel but it would cost $300. I sighed and said, “No thank you, I cannot afford that” and hung up. The more I thought about it the angrier I got. All of this aggravation I had gone through, all of the days I was not able to use my system may have been caused by a panel that I never wanted in the first place. I then decided that I wanted to let people know about this. No one should have to worry about the one system they rely on to be dependable. I have had several other companies over the past 10 years and stayed with them unless they went out of business or raised their prices higher than I could afford. All of them for the most part just worked. This was my first experience with a company that I had recurring problems with the system.

I wrote up my experience to that point and posted it. I did not think anything would happen but I got several emails for others who thanked me for sharing my experience. In addition, I got a call from a customer care rep from CPI. He said that he wanted to make it right. OK, that is fine but at this point, I did not see how they could. The equipment was hit or miss and the panel I should have (and had initially requested) was out of my reach. I explained to him that I just wanted to finish out the remaining contract period and drop CPI and find another company, At that point, I felt that was all I could do. Since he was unable to really offer anything that I felt was meaningful (at least from my standpoint) we ended the call with him saying he was going to try and find alternatives for me. I appreciated that but did not have any expectations.

The next day, he called me again and this time said he had gotten permission to install the panel I wanted free of charge and would also give me a discount over three months. I said that was fine and asked when it would be done. He said I would be on the first available schedule and asked if I would reconsider updating my review. I said I would but wanted to wait until I got the panel in and had at least a couple weeks of experience since I had not great performance from their devices and systems over time. He said that was fine and I would be notified when a tech was on the way. 5 weeks later I got a call that a tech was coming. He showed up (again, respectful, polite and pleasant as all but one of them have been) and proceeded to install the panel. He got it installed and tested all of the sensors. Everything seemed to go fine and I was pleased with the new panel.

After he had left, I noticed that the old main control box (used with the old system) I’m told still had the cover off and some wires sticking out. I was able to put the cover back on since I did not want it open with those wires out (it was in a closet so not terribly impacting or visible but still worrisome). My wife and I enjoyed the new panel and decided to watch some of the instructional videos that were available on the panel itself. While viewing one, the screen suddenly went dark. Nothing we could do would bring it back. Since we could not see anything, we could not use the panel at all. I called CPI again (they are on my speed dial now) and was told that a tech would be out in three days. Consequently, my system was pretty much unusable until a new tech arrived.

Three days later a polite, respectful and pleasant tech arrived and after taking the panel apart decided to install a new one. He started to go through the install process and I noted that he called someone and had them walk him through how to do the install which did not give me a lot of confidence, particularly in light of the experiences I had had already. (Side note: I showed him the old control box and asked if that could be removed. He said, “Yes, just take a screwdriver and take it down.” I said, “It’s your box, I have no use for it.” I went back to my office (in the hose) and did not notice until after he left that the box was still on the wall. I sighed and got a screwdriver. As I was taking it down, sparks flew from one of the wires. Realizing that it was not, as he had indicated ready to be taken down, I carefully closed it up and left it along. I am going to ask the next tech to remove it).

Like the previous tech, he checked all the sensors and I noted that he took the covers of which is not something I saw the other techs do. I thought nothing of it until the next day when I got a call from CPI about a glass breakage sensor. Since I had just spoken with my wife who was in the home with our granddaughter, I was understandably anxious. I called her back immediately and she said all was well, no one was near the sensor, there had been no glass breaking and she was at a loss to why I was called. About this time, I got a call from a lady at CPI who left me a VM. She said she was a Customer Care supervisor and wanted to work with us to make things better. I called her back but got her VM. I left her a message that I appreciated that and then told her about the problem since the latest install but have not, as of this writing heard back.

Later that evening, we had another sensor give a false alarm. This was getting scary. The next morning, as my wife and I were leaving, we set the system to Away and started out the door. The alarm immediately went off. I disarmed it and insured that the option for no delay was NOT selected, it had not been. We tried again with the same result. Once again our system was unusable. WE are about to call CPI yet again for help but my expectation is that all of the issues will not be resolved. I guess I have lost all confidence in them to be able to resolve the problems we have with our system. I am now back to where I was when I wrote my first review. CPI, is a company with lots of good, polite and respectful people and I truly believe they try and some people have no problems but I can only relate my experience as factually as I can. I just wish I had never selected them.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hello, David. Thank you for taking the time to provide your review on CPI Security. We are sorry to hear of your frustrations and we would like the opportunity to speak with you. Could you provide us with your address or phone number so a member from our Customer Care leadership team can reach out to you directly? If you have further questions, please contact us directly.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: March 5, 2019

I had a hard wired system installed in my new home by CPI. I had several break ins (family member and accomplice) and the alarm would not alert the control center. A tech did come out to change the phone company in the box, but that did not help. A rep from CPI was supposed to come and check it out, but that was canceled. I kept having break ins and would call the company. They sent me notice that they were dropping me from my contract.

After still being broken into through expensive deadbolts, my neighbor suggested that the burglars may be using a strong neodymium magnet. A light bulb went off and I began doing hours of research. This magnet (approx. $300) could probably affect the front door sensor from going off and the intruders could gain entry...along with opening the deadbolt with no picking or lock bumping. This is a scary scenario. I purchased a small door alarm that was coded and tested it using a small neodymium magnet I had purchased. It muffled the set alarm. This could be the latest technique burglars are using. There needs to be testing using this magnet.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hi, Shelia. Thank you for your review. Your feedback has been forwarded to a member of the Customer Care Leadership team.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

CPI Security is unbelievable. I bought my house 3 years ago and there was a security system installed (CPI). My wife thought that it would be nice to have this activated since we were in a new area and did not know it very well. I called CPI and they came out and turned the system on. I did not get a new system, they came and turned it on. Last year, we started getting false alarms. Two that the police came out to the house for and numerous others. We called the company and they sent out a technician. He was unable to correct the problem. Since this was a crawl space door and we cannot take numerous days off to wait on technicians, we just bypassed the alarm.

Apparently CPI can override our override (or the system updated and erased the override) and we started getting alarms again. This time in the middle of the night. I called the company to cancel the service because I felt that I was not getting any value for the money I was spending. They informed me that I signed a contract for 5 years of monitoring when I had the system turned on (again no new system) (and I don't deny that a contract might have been signed, but I had just purchased a house and was very busy trying to get moved in).

I said why was this even done, I did not get any new equipment. Their reply was that they didn't force me to sign the contract. When I asked why it was necessary to obligate people to a 5 year contract, they side-stepped the question and told me the ways that I could get out of the contract. I could pay 75% of the remaining time on the contract ($750), I could upgrade my equipment (their new policy is to sell the equipment with no contracts) for $500 (+installation I'm sure) and then immediately cancel the contract, or if I sell my home and convince the new owners to purchase the service, it would void my contract.

So my options are to pay them, pay them, or sucker someone else into paying them. I will never deal with this company again and I will do everything I can to prevent others from falling into their trap. Just read their solutions on the BBB site to see how they handle customer complaints. Lesson learned, always read the contract and never do business with CPI.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hi, Eric. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We apologize for the frustration this has caused and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I see a member of the Customer Support leadership team has reached out to offer a resolution. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything further.

CPI Security Systems Company Information