It's that easy Request Information
4.88/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

CPI Security has been a leader in customized home security and smart home automation for over 25 years. CPI provides innovative solutions to make lives safer, easier, and more convenient through state of the art technology, round the clock monitoring, and excellent customer service. As one of the only providers to design, install, monitor, and service their own security systems, our commitment to high standards is evident.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

351 CPI Security Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Your technician Mitchell came today to do a free upgrade and he was truly amazing! So knowledgeable and patient with an admittedly non techie person (me!). He was personable, patient with my barking dog, cheerful, efficient, diligent... I could go on and on, but I’m sure I’d run out of characters. I wish every person had his cheerful attitude and emphasis on customer service! Thank you CPI for employing a person of his character and expertise. This was a very good experience and why we will stay loyal to CPI.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi, Susan. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system and that Mitchell was so helpful in getting you set up! Thanks for choosing CPI for your security needs. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Quality Assurance Team

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I am not a customer and I have never been a customer but I have been receiving on average between 5 and 10 text messages from them a day for the last year. They will not stop upon repeated requests. I believe this is totally illegal because I am on the do-not-call registry. Even if I wasn't, this is total harassment. I have contacted the FCC and am hoping they can help. I am thinking about contacting a lawyer to sue them.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi Mr. Smalley, We am sorry that you are getting unwanted texts. We are currently using the information you provided us to see where the messages are coming from. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything further, at care@cpisecurity.com or 1-800-948-7133, extension 6280.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Rudy was amazing! Installed at my location twice, professional and pleasant both occasions! Will definitely recommend to friends and family. Products are awesome and innovative. As well as easy to use. Pricing is fair. Rudy was on time and cleaned up after himself.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Michelle. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I would like to thank Brian **, the technician who came to my home, for a wonderful job. He was the most courteous and professional young men I have had the experience of encountering in years. He was very knowledgeable, answered all my questions and went above & beyond.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Laura. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Brian provided! Thank you for being a member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Technician was great. He recommended rational and beneficial upgrades explaining the benefits of each. Contacted sale associate to confirm he was answering me questions correctly and walked me through setting up online features. I am giving serious thought of adding equipment.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Brian. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Quality Assurance Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CPI Security Systems?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Thaddeus was very helpful and professional. Explained the system simply and installed all products quietly and quickly. Make sure he is recognized for this. He was even helpful with other suggestions and recommendations. Everything is in its right place and so far great quality.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi Morgan. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear the installation appointment went so well! We hope you enjoy the system and the peace of mind it brings. Have a safe day!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

The installing tech Danny was outstanding. His Customer service skills were exceptional. He went out of his way to ensure he answered all my questions and explained the system top to bottom. Company needs to hold on to this tech.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello, Duane. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Danny provided! Thank you for being a member of the CPI Family.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

CPI repair technician was professional, kind, and knows his work very well. He was thorough in also updating system and making sure every sensor was working. I appreciate the fact that he called and was on time. He did excellent work and is trustworthy. We appreciate that CPI has such an outstanding technician working for them.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello, Michelle. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Joe provided! Thank you for being a member of the CPI Family.

Resolution response: Oct. 24, 2018

Everything was done with professionalism and knowledge. Have had CP I for years.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Mr. Sean ** was the tech that serviced our system. I must say he was one of the most professional individuals that I have ever had. He checked everything on my system and made sure everything was working correctly. I appreciate his knowledge and his demeanor. Should I ever need a check of the system I will ask for him. Thank you for employing someone like Mr. **. He represents your company very well.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi, Sharon. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear the service appointment went so well! We hope you enjoy the system and the peace of mind it brings. Have a safe day!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Purchased a home that had CPI hardware. Started a new account with CPI using existing hardware plus the addition of a doorbell camera and other sensors. Technician Christopher ** did an excellent job setting everything up and walking us through the process of using the new camera and existing sensors. Would definitely recommend.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi, John. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear the installation appointment went so well! We hope you enjoy the system and the peace of mind it brings. Have a safe day!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I have been a CPI customer for years and with my recent move made the decision to continue with their service. The support and customer service provided continues to exceed my expectations. The installation could not have gone easier, with every question and concern addressed and answered.

CPI Security Systems response
Hell Frank. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Damon was an exceptional tech person. He was on time & listened to our needs. He positioned the equipment in places that will be effective but also not eyesores. He did an excellent job reviewing the system with us upon completion.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi Anne,. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system and that Damon was so helpful in getting you set up! Thanks for choosing CPI for your security needs. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Mr. ** was very professional during the installation process. Mr. ** is extremely knowledgeable and took the time to educate us on the system along with recommending additional equipment to ensure the security of our home. Due to his expertise and recommendations we definitely feel safe and secure. We will definitely recommend CPI to friends and family and we are so glad that we made the transition from ADT to CPI.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Miller. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, and welcome to the CPI Family! We hope you enjoy your new security system and the peace of mind it brings. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or if you need anything else!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Rudolph was very informative and helpful. He was very nice and did a great job getting all hooked back up! I would give him an A plus in customer service and recommend him to help anyone. He couldn't have been nicer.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Shelby. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Rudolph provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Paul helped me so much understand the setup process. He worked very hard to get things set up. I’m hoping we will love the new system. We had been with ADT for 10 years. We will call with any concern that we may have. Thank you.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Teresa. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Very knowledgeable, very patient and efficient. Outstanding representative. He was on time. Went the extra mile to perform his job performance. I appreciate the CPI representive give us a 48 hour trail to learn our system.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi, Monica. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Just had our new CPI security system installed. The installation technician, Jed called about 30 minutes prior to arrival, well within the appointment window. He was extremely knowledgeable about all the equipment he installed. He took extra effort to ensure things were properly done and explained every detail about the system to us. This process went extremely smooth. Jed was a true professional in all aspects.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Bruce, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, and welcome to the CPI Family! We hope you enjoy your new security system and the peace of mind it brings. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or if you need anything else!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I had my security system removed from my old home and reinstalled in my new home by technician Jed **. He arrived during the designated window of time. He called ahead of time to let me know he was on his way. He was very professional in his work and communication with me. He took the time to explain everything to me and made sure I was comfortable with his work. When he was finished, he explained everything to me and cleaned up. Before he left, he made sure to answer all of my questions and share necessary contact information. I was very pleased with his work and recommend him without any reservations.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Johnny. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

It was a pleasure to work with Isamael from CPI. I recently moved and needed my equipment reinstalled. After arriving, he explained everything that he was doing to do and suggested the best places to install the equipment. CPI is a great company for all your security needs. Thanks Isamael!!!

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Roslyn. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, and welcome to the CPI Family! We hope you enjoy your new security system and the peace of mind it brings. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or if you need anything else!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I am always pleased to have Rudy service my Security System! He is strictly Professional and is extremely knowledgeable of the work he performs. Certainly an asset to CPI and the customers he serves! I rely heavily on the value and service I receive from using CPI. Because of several conditions I must deal with, I can't imagine being without it!

CPI Security Systems response

Hi, Evelena. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Mr. ** was very nice and seemed to know the problem and corrected it right away. He went through the system checking everything and showed me some things I had forgotten. Would like Mr. ** to come if I ever needed service again.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Kay. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, and welcome to the CPI Family! We hope you enjoy your new security system and the peace of mind it brings. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or if you need anything else!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

The technician was very knowledgeable and friendly. He took his time and ran tests and ensured everything was up to date. That made me feel comfortable and respected. He completed the job with tenacity. Thanks, William for a job well done.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Remisha, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, and welcome to the CPI Family! We hope you enjoy your new security system and the peace of mind it brings. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or if you need anything else!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My experience was great. Tech showed up on time and he was very respectful as he enter the home. Upon entering he got right to work and was aware of what was reported on the phone and realized that the motion detector had a default.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Rickey. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system and the tech dispatched did a good job. Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Mr. ** was prompt and courteous, and he noticed a couple of oddities in the way my system was initially configured. He quickly made the necessary changes to make it more efficient and then checked the entire system before leaving. Excellent work.

Hi Ted,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience with Rudolph. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Damon was a professional, congenial, pleasure to work with. I will recommend him to anyone who asks about a security system. He stayed to show me how to work the keypad, the website, and the mobile app. The customer service when he called into the office was great as well.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with Damon! Thank you for choosing CPI. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Service repair I thought was going to just put on a new sensor for the back door but he went above and beyond. Help me get my camera straight installed a device where I will not have to reset it all the time. He helped me get my account setup online correctly informed of some great add on products and new the cost of all them and whether or not it would raise my payments. Very very good customer service convinced me to stay with CPI when I was considering leaving for another service.

Hello, Carmen.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Rudolph provided! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Nice dealing with an individual that knows the products and understands the needs of the customers. Unfortunately due to the age of the equipment we will need to upgrade and not much can be done. We will be in touch. Thanks again.

Hello, Matthew.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Seth arrived on time and was able to find the problem within just a few minutes. He connected a modem to the system and it seemed to do the trick. He was friendly, neat and well spoken, a great young man.

Hello, Thomas.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Seth provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Rudolph was very polite and efficient. He arrived on time and finished the work (Alarm sensor placement) quickly. He tested the system and made sure it worked before he left. I was impressed how quick everything took and great customer service skills. I am very happy with CPI security.

Hello, Sherma.

A Bond.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Quality check - Rudy was great! He explained everything that he was doing and was polite and professional. I was really impressed with the quality of service I received today. I felt like we were treated special and that’s pretty unique nowadays! Bravo.

Hello, John Paul.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the service Rudy provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.
A Bond.

CPI Security Systems expert review by Erin Raub

Offers home security system installation and 24/7 monitoring in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, Alabama, Florida and Tennessee. Choose from packages ranging from $39.99-$64.99 with free professional installation. Systems have a minimum 5-year contract. $99 activation fee for homeowners and $299 for renters. 90-day warranty for equipment and 1-year warranty for parts.

• No false alarm guarantee: If your system malfunctions and causes a false alarm, CPI Security Systems will credit your account for the cost of any tickets or fines you receive from your local government.

• Take over other systems: If you already have a home security system in your house, CPI can take it over. They can monitor the alarm system you already have, so you won’t have to install new equipment.

• Security cameras: You can get both indoor and outdoor security cameras and doorbell cameras from CPI security.

• Professional home security system installation: All systems from CPI are professionally installed. This ensures your home security system will be set up correctly from the start.

• Referral program: For every person who you refer to CPI that signs up for service with the company, you’ll get one month of monitoring for free.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

CPI Security Systems Company Information