It's that easy Request Information
4.87/5
Based on 280 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

CPI Security has been a leader in customized home security and smart home automation for over 25 years. CPI provides innovative solutions to make lives safer, easier, and more convenient through state of the art technology, round the clock monitoring, and excellent customer service. As one of the only providers to design, install, monitor, and service their own security systems, our commitment to high standards is evident.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

280 CPI Security Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 15, 2018

To schedule the service was a breeze. Also they call you half an hour in advance of their arrival. The most amazing, it was for free. Yeap, they upgraded my system for free. Love (the technician) was the kindest and patient person. He took the time to review several times that everything was working fine and to explain it to me to be sure that I understand everything. Great service!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 14, 2018

Mark the tech did a wonderful job installing my equipment and walking me thru the steps to get it working. Mark is a wonderful and nice technician. Feel safe and secure with the equipment. Hoping for a wonderful experience with the system.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Turning security system on & off with cell phone - The person helping me was wonderful, knowledgeable successful at solving my problem. I could not have asked for anything more. Also got other things straight about my security system. I needed to change my contact names so that was done too.

Hello Mary,
Thank you for your review. It's good to hear that your experience exceeded your expectations. Please let us know if you need anything further.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I would like to give a big thumbs up to Robert ** for his outstanding service. Robert was very professional and knowledgeable during his visit. He showed me how to use my security system and was very thorough showing me how to use my security system. Thanks Rob and keep up the great work!

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for your review Jake. it sounds like Robert was able to make sure you were taken care of. Please let us know if you need anything further.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 13, 2018

Installation of a new wireless door sensor. We rejected the first one that was large and ugly attached to the back of the door. It would have been nice for the technician to show us what he was going to install, especially since it was so different than the previous one that was hidden. After ordering the new one the second installation was flawless and it works well. I was a little ticked that they made me pay $60 since I have been a customer for nearly 20 years and not once has CPI called to ask if I wanted to upgrade or how my service was; This in light of every other alarm company trying to get our business. Maybe I should look at switching companies.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello, Don. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We value your business and apologize for the frustration this has caused. I have located your account and a member of the Customer Support leadership team will be in contact shortly.

Quality Assurance Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CPI Security Systems?

Original review: July 13, 2018

Mitchell did a great job on the install. Doing a takeover job at the new home was very time consuming. He also was very conscientious of the clean-up job and disposal of the old equipment. Overall, we’re very happy. Successful move!

Hi Jeff,
Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that Mitchell was able to get you taken care of. Please let us know if you need anything else!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Payton was very helpful and responded professionally with an answer to my concern. She advised me when the discount was applied and she also sent me a copy of the statement. I asked her a question regarding discounts for senior citizen and she was also able to help me a few months. I appreciate you all and the work you do! Thanks.

Hi Betty,
Thank you for letting us know how Payton was able to assist you. It's great to hear that you had such a great experience. Please let us know if you need anything further.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The installer was prompt, friendly, very professional, and knowledgeable. He took his time explaining everything to us, and answering all our questions. He cleaned up behind himself, leaving my home clean. I would definitely recommend him for future use. He is definitely an asset to CPI.

Hello Charles,
Thank you for your review and letting us know about your experience. Please let us know if you need anything!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I absolutely LOVE the CPI service! They responded to alarm calls immediately. Their customer service reps especially Karen ** are exceptional! Karen assisted me with my account and went above and beyond! I have recommended the service to my friends, cousin and mother-in-law and they all love the service.

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for letting us know about your experience with us. We appreciate your patronage and hope you have a safe day!

Original review: July 12, 2018

Mark ** is very prompt and professional. He's always able to answer questions and fix any issues we are having. He is also very pleasant to deal with. Anytime we call for service, he is on top of it and is very efficient. He's a very skilled technician who takes pride in a job well done.

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for your review and your business! It's great to hear that Mark is doing such a good job with you all. Please let us know if you need anything!

Original review: July 11, 2018

My technician, Sean, #**, was very knowledgeable & went above and beyond to help me. I always recommend CPI as I feel you are the best security system around & provide great service! Having CPI gives me peace of mind! Your company is always ready to assist customers.

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for your review Rhonda. It's great to hear that Sean was able to get you taken care of. Please let us know if you need anything else!

Original review: July 11, 2018

Crissy was very patience while helping me get my password and passcode reestablished. She walked me through it step by step. I was still having issues and she had me start again and did not make me feel stupid. She showed professionalism throughout the entire call. Thanks Crissy. Great job.

Hi Olivia,
Thank you for your review and letting us know how your experience with Chrissy went. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Original review: July 11, 2018

When I called CPI, I called because my backdoor chime wasn't working and I was dissatisfied with CPI customer service after talking with two other people. When I talked to Katrina, I felt like a valuable customer whereas before I didn't feel that way. I was considering switching to another security company before I talked to Katrina who treated me kindness, understanding and courteous. It was really nice talking to someone who really cared and valued me as a loyal customer. Thanks Katrina for your all your help and support. Because of Katrina, I decided to stay with CPI.

Hi Shirley,
I'm sorry about the frustration that you experienced with our customer service at first. I am glad to hear Katrina was able to help. If you experience this again, please let us know. Thank you for being a valuable member of the CPI family.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Great company and product. Customer reps are exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable. This includes both install, service and phone assistance. Good folks all around. Would recommend to friends. It makes us feel safe and secure. Thank you your help. Have a good day.

Hi Charles,
Thank you for your review. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you! Thank you for being part of the CPI family!

Original review: July 6, 2018

Sean, tech ID **, was phenomenal!! He went above and beyond to help us get our system back to 100%!! He was in and out quickly too! Sean was great to work with and I'm thankful he was able to fix the problems at hand.

Ashley,

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that Sean was able to take care of you! Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I was extremely impressed with the customer service and professional installation received with CPI Security. Courtney ** was extremely helpful and answered all my questions. Jeff the installer was very professional and evaluated the security needs at my home. I would recommend CPI Security to anyone considering that peace of mind that I now have.

Hello Denise,
Thank you for your review and letting us know that Courtney did an outstanding job! Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Original review: July 5, 2018

CPI is the great company to have home security with. The agents are so helpful when you call. She was outstanding in helping me to make a payment, she even told me that I can go online in the future to make a payment.

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for your review Cassandra! Thank you for choosing CPI.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Justin ** was awesome. He was patient and answered all of my questions. He was very quick and did a professional job. I would highly recommend him to anyone I know who is looking to have a CPI security system installed. You can tell he takes a lot of pride in what he does.

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for your review Nathaniel! Welcome to the CPI family. Please let us know if you need anything else!

Original review: July 4, 2018

Was happy with presentation, Karly was very competent. The install was quick and easy, very professional, and helped with the decision making of where to place touch pads and windows and doors. Seth cleaned up behind him with the fire alarm install and we didn't even know he was finished.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello, Deborah and Dartagnan.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear the sales and installation appointments went so well! We hope you enjoy the system and the peace of mind it brings. Have a safe day!

Original review: July 4, 2018

My system panel was beeping 5 loud beeps about every 30 seconds while armed on stay. After checking CPI's app and not finding any events, I called CPI. Jaleesa ** was able to solve the issue within a minute. She provided excellent, courteous customer service!

Hello, Maria.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Jaleesa provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.
Have a safe day!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: July 3, 2018

My husband and I were trying to decide if CPI would be the best fit for our security needs. We've been customers of another system for years but not currently pleased with the services and features. Our rep, Kourtney, was so patient and kind. We love the personable approach of CPI!

Hello, Savon.
Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear that Courtney was so helpful in getting you set up! Let us know if we can help with anything else. Thank you for choosing CPI security.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: July 2, 2018

Great experience at install. The technicians arrived early, did a great job of installing the new service, and provided excellent guidance on how best to set up an effective security system. It's too soon to fairly evaluate customer service and support but I intend to do so after a few (perhaps several) months as a new CPI customer.

Hi Karleton,
Thank you for your review! We look forward to continuing to earn your business! Have a safe day!

Original review: June 29, 2018

The service tech Mr. James **, was very helpful and nice. He was very professional, with a great attitude. He knew his job very well, and he corrected both of my problems. I am very well satisfied with CPI products inside of my residence.

Hello Maurice,
Thank you for your review and letting us know that James did such a good job! Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Great service and support. Arrived on time and called prior to arriving. Work was efficient and professional and I was impressed with how fast the installation was. I can now control everything from an app on my smart phone. Thanks.

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for your review Daryn! It's good to hear that your installation appointment went smoothly.
Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Rhonda ** was an outstanding salesperson with excellent suggestions for our CPI security needs. Jason ** was also outstanding in his installation. He was extremely neat. Bob ** was also outstanding in his quality control visit during the installation. Rhonda and Bob were outstanding in follow-up questions after installation. Would highly recommend all 3 to friends.

Hi John,
Thank you for letting us know your experience with Rhonda and Bob. Please let us know if you need anything!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 29, 2018

Brad came on time. But explained nothing. There was a problem and I expected an explanation and got nothing. I am not happy with, my in home service, over the phone service, and I’m don’t feel safe at home. I wish I did not have a contract with CPI.

Hello Stephanie,
I am sorry about any frustration this may caused. I have located your account and requested a member of our customer care leadership team reach out to address your concerns.Please contact us directly if you need anything further, at 1-800-948-7133 extension 6280, or care@cpisecurity.com.

Original review: June 29, 2018

CPI Security- The technician had great customer service. He installed the system and cleaned up after himself which we loved as new home owners. I love that they provided signs to put on the front yard and windows. We would recommend CPI to our family and friends.

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for your feedback Michelle. Please let us know if you need anything. Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Quinton ** was amazing! His install technique and professionalism well exceeded expectations. He adapted to and overcame any obstacle presented by his company and us, the consumer. He was able to provide the security system we wanted and fit our needs and patiently took the time to ensure we were comfortable with our purchase.

Hi Tim,
Thank you for your feedback about Quinton. Glad to hear that you and your family got squared away! Please let us know if you need anything.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Lonnie ** was our technician. He identified and resolved the glass break issue quickly and installed a new, wireless unit. He also tested our other alarm components to ensure they were operating properly and was very knowledgeable, courteous and professional.

Hi Mis,
Thank you for letting us know that Lonnie did such a great job! Please let us know if you need anything else. Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Original review: June 28, 2018

This was my second experience with Ray, when I saw he was going to install a second system for me, I know I had nothing to worry about. He was awesome just like the 1st time. My installation was large and was very difficult, he never gave up on finishing the job!

Hello Micke,
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that Ray has taken care of your needs again. Have a safe day.

CPI Security Systems expert review by Erin Raub

CPI Security Systems offers home security system installation and 24/7 monitoring in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee. The company offers several packages and prides itself on providing excellent customer service.

• No false alarm guarantee: If your system malfunctions and causes a false alarm, CPI Security Systems will credit your account for the cost of any tickets or fines you receive from your local government.

• Take over other systems: If you already have a home security system in your house, CPI can take it over. They can monitor the alarm system you already have, so you won’t have to install new equipment.

• Security cameras: You can get both indoor and outdoor security cameras and doorbell cameras from CPI security.

• Professional home security system installation: All systems from CPI are professionally installed. This ensures your home security system will be set up correctly from the start.

• Referral program: For every person who you refer to CPI that signs up for service with the company, you’ll get one month of monitoring for free.

• Best for: homeowners and hands-off customers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

CPI Security Systems Company Information