4.76/5

Need a home alarm?

CPI Security Systems

CPI Security has been a leader in customized home security and smart home automation for over 25 years. CPI provides innovative solutions to make lives safer, easier, and more convenient through state of the art technology, round the clock monitoring, and excellent customer service. As one of the only providers to design, install, monitor, and service their own security systems, our commitment to high standards is evident.

366 CPI Security Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Mark ** stopped by my wife's salon "Ice Salon" to assist us with pairing up the security cameras. He is so polite and professional at what he does. Mark assisted me, addressed all of my concerns, answered all of my questions, and even walked through the online tool and showed me a few things. Not that he did all of these, he also positioned the cameras to where I need them to be and I could had done it myself but he did it anyway and made sure that I was happy. I had noticed the recording device was not installed in a safe area where it could be tampered and all the evidence would be compromised. He took his time and relocated it for me to another area where it would be harder to locate.

I asked Mark what all of the equipment was and he explained it all to me in a way that I would understand. I can tell that Mark truly cares about his customers and he says that I can always reach out to him. We often hear about how a company focus on customer service on TV or Radio. But to experience this, Mark should be on your commercial. He feels like a friend and not just some random service tech. I am glad that Mark was there for us. He truly is a great employee of your company. I hope the owner or CEO will read this. I can be reached at ** if you have any questions. Thank you so much for your help Mark.

Hello Tuan,
    Thank you for your business first and foremost. We are so happy to hear that Mark was able to deliver such quality customer service to you and your wife. Please let us know if you need anything in the future. Thank you for choosing CPI.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

On 8/31/18, Mr. Thaddeus ** installed my CPI system. Mr. ** was very knowledgeable in helping to determine the best security needs for my home. Mr. ** was thorough in his explanation of how he intended to install all of the equipment and he even went as far as cleaning up to the point where I would not have known what work was done had I not been present. Mr. ** was very courteous, professional and patient. I was unable to provide Mr. ** with a voided check as I only had starter checks available. Though this was the case, Mr. ** was extremely courteous and advised on alternative ways I could submit the information he needed. I would definitely recommend CPI to a friend or family member thanks to Mr. **. As a matter of fact, my aunt was present during the install and advised she would be switching from ADT due to the level of service Mr. ** provided.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hi Pennie, Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear that Thaddeus did such a great job. We look forward to earning your family's business. Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Quality Assurance Team

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We initially saw the CPI canopy at the Greensboro July 4 celebration. We left our name and address. Luis ** was one of the individuals at the booth. He assured us that he would be the person that would get back to us. After a few days, he called and set up an appointment to meet with us. We had a wonderful meeting with Luis **. He explained the system and what CPI could do for us. He made us want to do business with him. Additionally, the system demonstration he gave sold us. From our perspective, we were getting security from break-ins and help if we happened to have an accident inside the house. That second part was very important. Also, the demonstration showed how great the modern technology is for both receipt and transmission of voice.

Curtiss ** did the installation. We felt blessed to have someone with a great personality come to do the installation. His initial walk-thru was like a second level quality control of the system that was about to be installed. With his recommendations we made a few minor configuration changes to the system about to be installed. Curtiss was very sensitive to the aesthetics of our home. We were very grateful for that. Every company should bring their "A-game". We felt that CPI sent us the Senior Varsity A-game team in Luis ** and Curtiss **.

Hi Fred,
    Thank you for your review and letting us know how well your sales and installation appointments went. Have a safe day!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: July 2, 2018

In a world where complaints get heard more often than compliments, I hope there's a way this gets passed on to the appropriate people. Recently, my company just had a new security system installed in our new office location, and I would like to take the time to name drop a few of your outstanding employees. Jacalyn **, Seth **, Billy **, and Robert **. Jacalyn may be one of the friendliest, most reliable, and helpful individuals I've come in contact with and without her this process for me would have been a nightmare. Bending over backwards is an understatement, and she, in my opinion, is one of CPI's greatest assets.

Seth, Billy and Robert were the ones who did the installing of our system, and their work ethic and professionalism were unmatched by any I've seen. Seth worked well into the night to ensure that the job was completed and our building had the ability to be secured properly. Billy set the groundwork for our camera systems and access controls.

Robert was the last installer we had come because of our long wait for our internet provider to get their act together. Robert jumped right in and wired our cameras, adjusted them appropriately, got our access controls up and running, and then (and this may be what I appreciated the most) took the time to sit down and walk through the system with me to ensure that I was well instructed and had no questions. I can't tell you enough how incredible this team was and the services they provided. I don't know if those individuals will see this, but if there's a way, I hope they do. Thank you for all your team has done for us.

Andrew,
    Thank you for sharing your awesome experience with the CPI team. Please let us know if we can do anything more for you. Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: June 12, 2018

Mr. Darryl ** is a great employee of CPI and I do understand CPI should consider getting more people like Darryl. Customer service has lots to do with the prosperity of a company. Before speaking with Mr. Darryl ** nobody else was able to help me and I do not think I had to go through this struggle. Again, thank you so much Mr. **.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hi, Rosario. Thank you for providing your review on CPI Security. We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions, at all.

Quality Assurance Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CPI Security Systems?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: May 19, 2019

Terrible, short sighted decision to hold customers to the fire in the final months of their contract. Congrats on getting the $400 and losing a customer for a lifetime. Additionally, they've replied on my Google review to leave the facade of actually caring about their customers. The number they asked me to call is a generic customer service line that never actually got me to speak with anyone or anywhere. Then, I called the next day and spoke with someone who said they'd have the manager Andy or Matt call. That also did not happen. They're trash. Do NOT trust your family, safety, money with this company.

Hello,
    Thank you for your review. We understand that you have concerns surrounding your agreement with CPI, and in particular the cancellation process and early termination fee.
    We are sorry for any inconvenience and frustration you’ve endured throughout the cancellation process. It is very much our desire to keep you as a happy customer and continue protecting your home and family as we have done in the past. However, we respect the fact that you’ve chosen to terminate services with us. As outlined in your executed agreement, A fee is applicable as the initial terms of the agreement have not been fulfilled.
    CPI feels we have acted ethically and within our contractual arrangements. We hope to restore your faith in CPI at some point in the future and hope that you will entrust us once again to provide protection and peace of mind for your home and family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: May 4, 2019

I have tried to work with this company now for months. They are nice, polite and respectful but terribly inept, at least with me and my system. Let me explain (apologies for the long post but this would be a great comedy if it were not so annoying and irritating). When we go the system initially, I wanted one of the more updated panels but was told by the installer that my house could not use it because my garage was too far away. My daughter had just got a system with the updated panel and I measured the distance to her garage and found it to be a foot further away from her house than my garage was from mine so the explanation didn't make sense. I complained but CPI refused to change out my panel for less than an additional $300. OK, so I gave up on that. A few weeks later, one of our windows sensors went off without any cause and set off an alarm.

WE had to wait several days for a tech to get out and had to disable the sensor to keep it from going off (the sensor is on a ground floor window so not the best scenario). The tech came after several days and put in a new sensor. I’ll say here that all of the techs (I have had a bunch come out) have been polite and respectful even if it was painfully apparent that some did not fully know what to do. Next we had the episodes involving the smoke detectors. I have 2 in the house, one on each floor. First the upstairs starting going off with no reason (no fires, no flame, no smoke, no reason). That was fixed by another tech and a week or so later the other one started doing the same thing. Same drill again, no smoke, no reason for it to go off. Another tech came and replaced that one. This time the tech said that the older panel I had might have been causing some of my issues and I ought to get a new panel.

I explained to him that I had asked for that in the beginning but was denied. He said I should call and check which I did the next day. I spoke with customer care and was told sure, they would put in a new panel but it would cost $300. I sighed and said, “No thank you, I cannot afford that” and hung up. The more I thought about it the angrier I got. All of this aggravation I had gone through, all of the days I was not able to use my system may have been caused by a panel that I never wanted in the first place. I then decided that I wanted to let people know about this. No one should have to worry about the one system they rely on to be dependable. I have had several other companies over the past 10 years and stayed with them unless they went out of business or raised their prices higher than I could afford. All of them for the most part just worked. This was my first experience with a company that I had recurring problems with the system.

I wrote up my experience to that point and posted it. I did not think anything would happen but I got several emails for others who thanked me for sharing my experience. In addition, I got a call from a customer care rep from CPI. He said that he wanted to make it right. OK, that is fine but at this point, I did not see how they could. The equipment was hit or miss and the panel I should have (and had initially requested) was out of my reach. I explained to him that I just wanted to finish out the remaining contract period and drop CPI and find another company, At that point, I felt that was all I could do. Since he was unable to really offer anything that I felt was meaningful (at least from my standpoint) we ended the call with him saying he was going to try and find alternatives for me. I appreciated that but did not have any expectations.

The next day, he called me again and this time said he had gotten permission to install the panel I wanted free of charge and would also give me a discount over three months. I said that was fine and asked when it would be done. He said I would be on the first available schedule and asked if I would reconsider updating my review. I said I would but wanted to wait until I got the panel in and had at least a couple weeks of experience since I had not great performance from their devices and systems over time. He said that was fine and I would be notified when a tech was on the way. 5 weeks later I got a call that a tech was coming. He showed up (again, respectful, polite and pleasant as all but one of them have been) and proceeded to install the panel. He got it installed and tested all of the sensors. Everything seemed to go fine and I was pleased with the new panel.

After he had left, I noticed that the old main control box (used with the old system) I’m told still had the cover off and some wires sticking out. I was able to put the cover back on since I did not want it open with those wires out (it was in a closet so not terribly impacting or visible but still worrisome). My wife and I enjoyed the new panel and decided to watch some of the instructional videos that were available on the panel itself. While viewing one, the screen suddenly went dark. Nothing we could do would bring it back. Since we could not see anything, we could not use the panel at all. I called CPI again (they are on my speed dial now) and was told that a tech would be out in three days. Consequently, my system was pretty much unusable until a new tech arrived.

Three days later a polite, respectful and pleasant tech arrived and after taking the panel apart decided to install a new one. He started to go through the install process and I noted that he called someone and had them walk him through how to do the install which did not give me a lot of confidence, particularly in light of the experiences I had had already. (Side note: I showed him the old control box and asked if that could be removed. He said, “Yes, just take a screwdriver and take it down.” I said, “It’s your box, I have no use for it.” I went back to my office (in the hose) and did not notice until after he left that the box was still on the wall. I sighed and got a screwdriver. As I was taking it down, sparks flew from one of the wires. Realizing that it was not, as he had indicated ready to be taken down, I carefully closed it up and left it along. I am going to ask the next tech to remove it).

Like the previous tech, he checked all the sensors and I noted that he took the covers of which is not something I saw the other techs do. I thought nothing of it until the next day when I got a call from CPI about a glass breakage sensor. Since I had just spoken with my wife who was in the home with our granddaughter, I was understandably anxious. I called her back immediately and she said all was well, no one was near the sensor, there had been no glass breaking and she was at a loss to why I was called. About this time, I got a call from a lady at CPI who left me a VM. She said she was a Customer Care supervisor and wanted to work with us to make things better. I called her back but got her VM. I left her a message that I appreciated that and then told her about the problem since the latest install but have not, as of this writing heard back.

Later that evening, we had another sensor give a false alarm. This was getting scary. The next morning, as my wife and I were leaving, we set the system to Away and started out the door. The alarm immediately went off. I disarmed it and insured that the option for no delay was NOT selected, it had not been. We tried again with the same result. Once again our system was unusable. WE are about to call CPI yet again for help but my expectation is that all of the issues will not be resolved. I guess I have lost all confidence in them to be able to resolve the problems we have with our system. I am now back to where I was when I wrote my first review. CPI, is a company with lots of good, polite and respectful people and I truly believe they try and some people have no problems but I can only relate my experience as factually as I can. I just wish I had never selected them.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hello, David. Thank you for taking the time to provide your review on CPI Security. We are sorry to hear of your frustrations and we would like the opportunity to speak with you. Could you provide us with your address or phone number so a member from our Customer Care leadership team can reach out to you directly? If you have further questions, please contact us directly.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: March 5, 2019

I had a hard wired system installed in my new home by CPI. I had several break ins (family member and accomplice) and the alarm would not alert the control center. A tech did come out to change the phone company in the box, but that did not help. A rep from CPI was supposed to come and check it out, but that was canceled. I kept having break ins and would call the company. They sent me notice that they were dropping me from my contract.

After still being broken into through expensive deadbolts, my neighbor suggested that the burglars may be using a strong neodymium magnet. A light bulb went off and I began doing hours of research. This magnet (approx. $300) could probably affect the front door sensor from going off and the intruders could gain entry...along with opening the deadbolt with no picking or lock bumping. This is a scary scenario. I purchased a small door alarm that was coded and tested it using a small neodymium magnet I had purchased. It muffled the set alarm. This could be the latest technique burglars are using. There needs to be testing using this magnet.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hi, Shelia. Thank you for your review. Your feedback has been forwarded to a member of the Customer Care Leadership team.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

CPI Security is unbelievable. I bought my house 3 years ago and there was a security system installed (CPI). My wife thought that it would be nice to have this activated since we were in a new area and did not know it very well. I called CPI and they came out and turned the system on. I did not get a new system, they came and turned it on. Last year, we started getting false alarms. Two that the police came out to the house for and numerous others. We called the company and they sent out a technician. He was unable to correct the problem. Since this was a crawl space door and we cannot take numerous days off to wait on technicians, we just bypassed the alarm.

Apparently CPI can override our override (or the system updated and erased the override) and we started getting alarms again. This time in the middle of the night. I called the company to cancel the service because I felt that I was not getting any value for the money I was spending. They informed me that I signed a contract for 5 years of monitoring when I had the system turned on (again no new system) (and I don't deny that a contract might have been signed, but I had just purchased a house and was very busy trying to get moved in).

I said why was this even done, I did not get any new equipment. Their reply was that they didn't force me to sign the contract. When I asked why it was necessary to obligate people to a 5 year contract, they side-stepped the question and told me the ways that I could get out of the contract. I could pay 75% of the remaining time on the contract ($750), I could upgrade my equipment (their new policy is to sell the equipment with no contracts) for $500 (+installation I'm sure) and then immediately cancel the contract, or if I sell my home and convince the new owners to purchase the service, it would void my contract.

So my options are to pay them, pay them, or sucker someone else into paying them. I will never deal with this company again and I will do everything I can to prevent others from falling into their trap. Just read their solutions on the BBB site to see how they handle customer complaints. Lesson learned, always read the contract and never do business with CPI.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hi, Eric. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We apologize for the frustration this has caused and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I see a member of the Customer Support leadership team has reached out to offer a resolution. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything further.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

System Check | Battery Replacement. Rudi reached out to announce his arrival. He was on-time and ready for work. He quickly completed the tasks, explaining to me along the way what was being accomplished. He was very personable. I enjoyed having him service the system. I would welcome him into my home anytime.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hi Jack. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Rudi provided! Thank you for being a member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I had arranged for a temporary suspension of service while moving from one house to another and found the service had not been paused as ordered. When I called to correct the problem the service staff were pleasant, efficient, and immediately corrected the problem and gave me a credit for my over payment. While this may seem like a service problem to some I saw it as excellent service. Most companies are difficult to deal with when they have made a mistake; it's like a war to get the problem corrected. I would note this is the only issue I have had with CPI in several years of service at two locations. I find the service easy to use, especially the phone app, very effective, and all the staff pleasant and knowledgeable. It's really delightful to work with a company like CPI.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hi Linda, Thank you for providing your review on CPI Security. We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions, at all.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Nice experience with Tech Walter. He was very clear and explained everything very clearly. Very happy with installation and technician very thorough. Happy with CPI. Would recommend to others. Like the setup. I don’t have any other comments but I’m pleased.

Hello Michele,

Thank you for your review! Please let us know if you need anything further.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Michael was an outstanding installation technician, and we are very happy with the system in our new home. He called ahead of time as promised, arrived on time, and did a very thorough job of getting our system installed an up and running.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hello Stephen. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Michael provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I have been with CPI since 2003. My system was getting old and CPI came in changed out my whole system to update it to work with cellular towers. My system has gone through many changes and additions in the last 15 years and had become complicated due to home additions and structural changes. I was most pleased with the technician Jed ** who took on the task of changing out the system and bringing it back up to work in modern times. It was a complicated switch out and I was impressed that he constantly wanted to make sure everything was to my liking... and that I understood all the new changes and how to work the new system. Thanks Jed!

CPI Security Systems response
    Hello Patricia. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Jed provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Justin came out to get our cameras hooked up to our account and he went "above and beyond" making sure our entire security system was set up probably. He also noticed that certain door contacts could be placed in a better position for added security and showed us how to use features on the system that suited our needs. We really appreciated that he wanted to make sure the whole system was set up in the best possible way, even though he was just coming out for the cameras. Big thanks to Justin!!

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Greg. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system and that Justin was so helpful! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Overall very positive experience. Impressed with CPI on a number of fronts. Stephen ** really sold CPI to me. Impressive. My install tech Thad ** was also excellent. Very good manners and solid workmanship. He had a nice personality. Highly recommend to anyone. In fact I plan to refer friends to Stephen. Thank you.

Hi Michael,
    Thank you for your review. Good to hear that Stephen and Thad did a great job making sure that you felt comfortable with your decision. Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Sean was fantastic, extremely knowledgeable and helpful. It was a please working with him. My router was not working correctly and he help me to solve the issue. He answered all of my questions and provided me with an extensive tutorial.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hello Amelia. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Sean provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Thanks to Joe for the outstanding job (camera repair) this morning. He is extremely knowledgeable, customer focused, prompt and the technician I will be requesting for all future repairs and upgrades. He is a true gem to CPI and serve/represents your company well.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi, Luke Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the customer service Joe provided! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Thad ** is a good listener, intelligent, knowledgeable, patient, customer focused, and an excellent technician. Prior to his installation work, Thad carefully explained the options we had and offered his professional advice on wireless vs. wired system, location of all devices, and recommendation for a second panel upstairs. After consideration, we followed all of his recommendations. We highly recommend Thad.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hello, Ronald. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Thad provided! Thank you for being a member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Your technician Mitchell came today to do a free upgrade and he was truly amazing! So knowledgeable and patient with an admittedly non techie person (me!). He was personable, patient with my barking dog, cheerful, efficient, diligent... I could go on and on, but I’m sure I’d run out of characters. I wish every person had his cheerful attitude and emphasis on customer service! Thank you CPI for employing a person of his character and expertise. This was a very good experience and why we will stay loyal to CPI.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hi, Susan. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system and that Mitchell was so helpful in getting you set up! Thanks for choosing CPI for your security needs. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I am not a customer and I have never been a customer but I have been receiving on average between 5 and 10 text messages from them a day for the last year. They will not stop upon repeated requests. I believe this is totally illegal because I am on the do-not-call registry. Even if I wasn't, this is total harassment. I have contacted the FCC and am hoping they can help. I am thinking about contacting a lawyer to sue them.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hi Mr. Smalley, We am sorry that you are getting unwanted texts. We are currently using the information you provided us to see where the messages are coming from. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything further, at care@cpisecurity.com or 1-800-948-7133, extension 6280.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Rudy was amazing! Installed at my location twice, professional and pleasant both occasions! Will definitely recommend to friends and family. Products are awesome and innovative. As well as easy to use. Pricing is fair. Rudy was on time and cleaned up after himself.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Michelle. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I would like to thank Brian **, the technician who came to my home, for a wonderful job. He was the most courteous and professional young men I have had the experience of encountering in years. He was very knowledgeable, answered all my questions and went above & beyond.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hello Laura. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Brian provided! Thank you for being a member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Technician was great. He recommended rational and beneficial upgrades explaining the benefits of each. Contacted sale associate to confirm he was answering me questions correctly and walked me through setting up online features. I am giving serious thought of adding equipment.

CPI Security Systems response

Hi Brian. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system! Thanks for choosing CPI Security. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Thaddeus was very helpful and professional. Explained the system simply and installed all products quietly and quickly. Make sure he is recognized for this. He was even helpful with other suggestions and recommendations. Everything is in its right place and so far great quality.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hi Morgan. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear the installation appointment went so well! We hope you enjoy the system and the peace of mind it brings. Have a safe day!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

The installing tech Danny was outstanding. His Customer service skills were exceptional. He went out of his way to ensure he answered all my questions and explained the system top to bottom. Company needs to hold on to this tech.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hello, Duane. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Danny provided! Thank you for being a member of the CPI Family.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

CPI repair technician was professional, kind, and knows his work very well. He was thorough in also updating system and making sure every sensor was working. I appreciate the fact that he called and was on time. He did excellent work and is trustworthy. We appreciate that CPI has such an outstanding technician working for them.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hello, Michelle. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service Joe provided! Thank you for being a member of the CPI Family.

Resolution response: Oct. 24, 2018

Everything was done with professionalism and knowledge. Have had CP I for years.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Mr. Sean ** was the tech that serviced our system. I must say he was one of the most professional individuals that I have ever had. He checked everything on my system and made sure everything was working correctly. I appreciate his knowledge and his demeanor. Should I ever need a check of the system I will ask for him. Thank you for employing someone like Mr. **. He represents your company very well.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hi, Sharon. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear the service appointment went so well! We hope you enjoy the system and the peace of mind it brings. Have a safe day!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Purchased a home that had CPI hardware. Started a new account with CPI using existing hardware plus the addition of a doorbell camera and other sensors. Technician Christopher ** did an excellent job setting everything up and walking us through the process of using the new camera and existing sensors. Would definitely recommend.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hi, John. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear the installation appointment went so well! We hope you enjoy the system and the peace of mind it brings. Have a safe day!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I have been a CPI customer for years and with my recent move made the decision to continue with their service. The support and customer service provided continues to exceed my expectations. The installation could not have gone easier, with every question and concern addressed and answered.

CPI Security Systems response
    Hell Frank. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.

CPI Security Systems expert review by Ben Mannes

Offers home security system installation and 24/7 monitoring in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, Alabama, Florida and Tennessee. Choose from packages ranging from $39.99-$64.99 with free professional installation. Systems have a minimum 5-year contract. $99 activation fee for homeowners and $299 for renters. 90-day warranty for equipment and 1-year warranty for parts.

• No false alarm guarantee: If your system malfunctions and causes a false alarm, CPI Security Systems will credit your account for the cost of any tickets or fines you receive from your local government.

• Take over other systems: If you already have a home security system in your house, CPI can take it over. They can monitor the alarm system you already have, so you won’t have to install new equipment.

• Security cameras: You can get both indoor and outdoor security cameras and doorbell cameras from CPI security.

• Professional home security system installation: All systems from CPI are professionally installed. This ensures your home security system will be set up correctly from the start.

• Referral program: For every person who you refer to CPI that signs up for service with the company, you’ll get one month of monitoring for free.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
    Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

CPI Security Systems Company Information