Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.77/5

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

CPI Security has been a leader in customized home security and smart home automation for more than 25 years. CPI provides innovative solutions to make its customers’ lives safer, easier and more convenient through state-of-the-art technology, 24/7 monitoring and quality customer service.

BOTTOM LINE

CPI Security is a smart choice for security monitoring. Though the company doesn’t permit returns and requires lengthy contracts, the technology, installation and warranty perks make it a worthwhile option for homeowners.

PROS
    • High-tech security equipment
    • Warranties available
    • Variety of packages
    • Complimentary installation
    CONS
    • No return policy
    • Lengthy contracts
    • Limited availability

Top CPI Security Systems Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CPI Security Systems?

I cannot say enough good things about CPI. I have had to call them on several occasions and the representatives I spoke with were amazing… I cannot imagine using any other security company.

CPI Security Systems Learn More

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

What is CPI Security?

Homeowners, renters and commercial property owners who want to protect their properties and belongings benefit from CPI Security’s professional security monitoring services. The company's home security products include indoor and outdoor cameras, doorbell cameras, controls for lights and locks, door and window sensors, streaming video recorders and even medical pendants. Customers can use inTouch, the CPI Security app, to remotely control system components from any internet-enabled device. CPI Security is available in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.

CPI Security packages

CPI Security offers several packages and products designed to fit your personal security needs. Each system features smart home technology and the ability to protect your home whether you’re inside or away. CPI security pricing starts at $29.99 per month, though costs vary depending on equipment and monitoring rates. CPI Security contracts range from 39 to 60 months.

• inTouch Essentials: A basic plan designed to protect the entry points of your home, this system includes five door or window sensors, a motion detector, a wireless control panel and access to the inTouch app.
      • inTouch Essentials Plus: This plan provides all the features of the Essentials plan plus the ability to answer the door from anywhere with the inTouch Smart Hub.
      • inTouch Edge: This comprehensive package protects your home's interior with all the features of the Essentials Plus plan and exterior with the inTouch outdoor camera. Plus, you can let a visitor into your home with the touchscreen keyless door lock.

CPI Security equipment

Homeowners can protect the interior and exterior of their homes with a variety of equipment backed by CPI Security. Each equipment option gives homeowners the ability to monitor what’s going on in and around their homes. Some of CPI’s most popular security equipment includes glass-break detectors, door and window sensors and security cameras.

• Glass-break detectors: These small devices alert homeowners when the glass in window panes breaks. Glass-break detectors are ideal for rooms with glass exterior doors or multiple windows.
      • Door/window sensors: CPI Security's door and window sensors trigger an alarm when a door or window is opened. If the system isn’t armed, the sensor makes a chime sound when any door or window opens.
      • Indoor cameras: These indoor, high-definition cameras with real-time audio and video help monitor activity inside the home and communicate verified emergencies to authorities. CPI's security cameras are compatible with the inTouch app and support wireless connection to a broadband router. They also feature high-quality video with fast frame rates and excellent performance, even in low lighting. Additional indoor camera options from CPI Security include the inTouch 180 camera, which offers a 180-degree field of view, two-way communication and a 6.8-megapixel camera.
      • Outdoor cameras: CPI Security's outdoor video cameras have 1080p high-definition video and let homeowners view what’s going on around their homes in real time through the inTouch app. These cameras are weather-resistant and show people and objects up to 40 feet away in total darkness. However, CPI Security does not include its outdoor cameras in its free installation services.
      • Doorbell cameras: With this camera’s motion sensors, digital microphone and speaker, homeowners can answer the door and speak to visitors directly through the CPI app. Homeowners can view doorstep activity in the app even if the visitor doesn’t ring the doorbell.
      • inTouch SmartHubs: With the inTouch SmartHub, a homeowner can rest assured that their home has monitoring with the latest technology. The SmartHub can snap a photo when someone disarms the security system, provide a live view of the home with camera streaming, help answer the front door and disarm the CPI alarm.

CPI Security FAQ

How much does CPI Security cost per month?
      Currently, CPI Security monitoring rates start at $29.99 per month. Security systems with CPI Security vary in price depending on the equipment you choose.
      How does CPI Security system monitoring work?
      CPI Security owns its monitoring center, which features 24/7 TMA Five Diamond-designated monitoring. This service allows consumers and any visitors to communicate with monitoring professionals via two-way voice and video verification. CPI Security monitoring costs vary based on the package and equipment a consumer chooses. Credit approval, minimum purchase and activation are mandatory.
      Do I have to install CPI security systems myself?
      No, you do not have to install a CPI security system yourself. Once you’ve selected the equipment you want for your home or office, a CPI Security technician installs and activates the equipment. Installation for most equipment is complimentary; however, the installation of outdoor security cameras, smart locks or thermostats is not free.

CPI Security does not allow its customers to install devices themselves. If a false alarm occurs because of improper installation or device malfunction, CPI Security refunds any false alarm penalties you receive.

What is CPI Security’s return policy?
      CPI Security does not have a return policy. Though you can cancel your monitoring service if you're on a month-to-month security contract, you lose the money you've invested in the equipment. Customers do have a right of rescission, though, which allows them to receive a refund up to three days after the sale.
      Does CPI Security equipment come with a warranty?
      A limited one-year warranty is available for replacement parts, and a 90-day warranty is available for labor. Customers can purchase an extended warranty for an additional fee to receive free replacement parts and installation on any CPI Security equipment affected by normal wear and tear.
      Does CPI Security require Wi-Fi?
      Some equipment, like window sensors, do not require Wi-Fi connectivity, but certain systems, including the inTouch SmartHub panel, require Wi-Fi connectivity to operate.
      Does CPI Security offer environmental sensors or devices?
      CPI Security offers carbon monoxide detectors, water sensors and fire communicators. These devices help keep residents safe during environmental emergencies like gas leaks or house fires.

Is CPI Security a good security system?

Homeowners, renters and commercial property owners in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee benefit from using CPI Security for their security monitoring needs. Consumers who use CPI Security enjoy it because of its wireless equipment and cellular monitoring, no-false-alarm guarantee, month-to-month contract option and available warranties.

CPI Security Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CPI Security Systems?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Quick response for alarm. Repairs are quick when needed. Repairs were accurate and at no cost. Monitoring did not require a landline. They provided a split system for the basement and main level. The basement remained armed, while upstairs could be disarmed. Very nice feature for us.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I have cancelled the monitoring service for few months as we have no plans to go out and due to covid working from home, but I have noticed that CPI has locked my login id as well for mobile app, now I cannot access lock/unlock main door or adjust the thermostat using CPI in touch app. As I know people who have not even taken CPI monitoring service could access the CPI app in our Community whereas I paid for one year of monitoring service but when I cancelled the service now they revoke my access to login to CPI app

As I understood at time of buying this house even if don't take the CPI monitoring service one would still be able to use the CPI app as far as I see most of them do in this community as they did not take the monitoring service. This shows how CPI customer support target the customer who has cancelled the service without the contract and all investment on their equipment are wasted. Please review before you take CPI service you will be in trouble though you have not on their contract.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

They have ample sales staff and limited customer support staff. Waiting 45 minutes is not acceptable when you get an immediate response through the sales team. The people of the sales team were very professional, but CPI CHOOSES to understaff customer support. FIX YOUR CALL CENTER.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I was excited to have a smart home and then was told, "We can’t give you access to your doorbell for another month unless you sign up for our full service now and we can be out tomorrow to install." This should have been the first red flag. Needless to say, I made the horrible decision to sign up. I thought what can be bad about having a security system. I was greeted by Sid who gave me all the details and we proceeded. I signed up for what he told me was a one year contract at a specified rate. Sid also informed me I could cancel at any time providing the equipment was paid off.

For the next three months they continued to get my account information incorrect. I requested three times for the payoff amount of the equipment and was told they would get it to me. Guess what, that never happened. Instead, I got a letter from a law firm stating I now owed over $3000 for breach of contract because it’s a five-year contract and they do not care what their employee told me about the equipment and they would not honor it even with proof showing our conversations. DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: June 15, 2020

We have used this company for 1 year now. We are not happy with the product. At night on the camera I can't see anything in my house. I admit they will call when the alarm is triggered. We have a different company and we will return to our previous company. We wanted to give CPI a chance to support them however we are dissatisfied.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

RUN AWAY FROM CPI SECURITY. I've been a Member with Cpi since 2013 where they got me is on the long term contract. The sales associate came into my house, installed the alarm system and camera and slipped a long term contract. My mistake was I didn't read the contract and just signed the paperwork which was my mistake. After a few months I got over with it and kept them as my alarm company, Which they were great until now December 2019. I get a call from their associate Chasity and she informs me my contract is about to run out and she wants to see what I want to do. I informed her I'm selling my old house and that I need to cancel my services and she informed me of a great special they have going on to see if I would take advantage of it in my new house.

Well yet again I'm promised the entire world. Chasity promised me she will replace my outdated locks that I purchased in 2013 to the newer ones at no cost. When the installer comes to my house on top of that I was already quoted a price and nothing was mentioned that I will be paying for a new keypad as I've already had an older one that the installer that came out to my old house to take my equipment out didn't take my keypad and I was informed I would get one for free which is another lie. I paid for the package that I really didn't need as I've already paid for the package deal back in 2013. I did agree to pay for additional keypad in my master bedroom which I agreed, Mike who was the installer who was great from their company and was patient and worked his buns off to make sure I'm happy Thank you for your services.

Soo everyone please go elsewhere or get everything in writing as this company doesn't care about your safety as well. As I moved out my old house the alarm system was still active which was suppose to be disconnected on Jan 7 2020, until the alarm went off at my previous old house that I moved out that's when they cancelled my services at that residence. Luckily the people that bought my old house had my cell number. STAY AWAY AND GO WITH A DIFFERENT COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I had an alarm issue this morning with my alarm continuously going off. The key pad read “sensor alert”. I called the customer service dept, pressed the correct Number for cust service and waited 26 MINUTES!! I thought to myself that maybe the call just got lost so I hung up and called again. I waited 28 MINUTES.... still, no one answered and all I kept hearing was “thank you for your patience, we will be with you shortly”. I finally hung up called back and pressed the key for new services as though I was going to buy a new CPI system and wouldn’t you know it someone picked up immediately! The wait time of almost an hour in total is absolutely unacceptable.

They either need to hire more people or expect to have some very upset customers if this is the direction their customer service is heading. I have had CPI in two different homes for a total of almost 20 years and I have always been pleased with CPI but the past several times I’ve had to call over the last year the wait times are getting a longer and longer. When I did make my last phone call to the sales department I spoke to a very lovely gentleman named Joseph who was so very helpful and patient with my irritability and letting me vent. CPI you have got to do better than this because your competition is out there waiting...

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I've had CPI for 18 months and have called Every 2/3 months due to The Doorbell Camera. It's a hit or miss (mostly Miss) if it picks up Any movement Unless someone is Actually on my doorstep. I just had My 3rd doorbell replaced Nov 18th! (I Did get a 3 month reduction on my bill) All worked fine when the Tech left. TODAY Nov 19th, A package was delivered to my door And the camera Not only Didn't pick up the person walking to my door, But didn't record him on My doorstep...In Front of The Camera!! I'm Beyond Frustrated! I Definitely Will be making a decision at the end of my contract.

CPI Security Systems response
        Hi, S. Thank you for taking the time to provide your review on CPI Security. We are sorry to hear of the frustrations surrounding your doorbell camera. We value your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. We would like to speak with you for more details, please provide us with a good contact number and I will have a member from our Customer Care Leadership team reach out directly; or you may contact us at your earliest convenience at care@cpisecurity.com or 1-800-948-7133, extension 6280. Thank you for being a valuable member of the CPI Family.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: July 12, 2019

Nick was my salesman and Curt was my installer. These guys are exceptional employees and go above the call of duty to answer questions, confirm that I know how to operate the system. Curt spent all day on my job because he had a lot to do. He was very courteous, kind towards my family and our dog and an overall joy to be around!! Great job guys!!

CPI Security Systems response
        Hello, Daryl. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, and welcome to the CPI Family! We hope you enjoy your new security system and the peace of mind it brings. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or if you need anything else!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: July 5, 2019

I cannot say enough good things about CPI. I have had to call them on several occasions and the representatives I spoke with were amazing. I was having to deal with a terrible situation and had to change my codes, get cameras installed, etc. They were so helpful and even sent me hand written thank you notes with personal messages about how they hoped I was doing ok. I have had CPI for probably 15 years now and I cannot imagine using any other security company.

Very grateful,

Julie

CPI Security Systems response
        Hello, Julie. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you're satisfied with the customer service provided! Thank you for being a long-term member of the CPI Family.
        Have a safe day!

CPI Security Systems author review by Ben Mannes

CPI Security Systems’ wireless home security pricing starts at $29.99 a month with 60-month contracts. CPI charges a $99 activation fee for homeowners and $299 for renters. CPI can provide monitoring services for an existing home alarm system without installing new equipment. Wireless home security system installation and monitoring services are available in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, Alabama, Florida and Tennessee.

• Security equipment: The company sells indoor and outdoor security cameras, light controls, touchscreen door locks, 24/7 video recording and more.

• Security features: Intelligent Video Activity Notifications (IVAN) provide alerts when anyone is coming or going. Access video clips from your mobile device. You can control your devices with voice command through Amazon Alexa or Sonos One

• Monitoring services: Professional and self-monitoring options are available.

• Installation: All CPI systems are professionally installed to ensure your home security system is set up correctly from the start.

• Trial period: CPI Security Systems does not offer a free trial period.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

CPI Security Systems Company Information