It's that easy Request Information
4.88/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

CPI Security has been a leader in customized home security and smart home automation for over 25 years. CPI provides innovative solutions to make lives safer, easier, and more convenient through state of the art technology, round the clock monitoring, and excellent customer service. As one of the only providers to design, install, monitor, and service their own security systems, our commitment to high standards is evident.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

319 CPI Security Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We recently upgraded our system to the InTouch Package, replacing interior camera and adding a doorbell camera. The representatives were very helpful and cooperative in getting things set up to our satisfaction as regards equipment and price. The technician was prompt, professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. We are very pleased with everyone we dealt with at CPI and with the system.

CPI Security Systems response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience Linda. It's great to hear you were able to get everything you needed. Please let us know if you need anything further. Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Quality Assurance Team

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Hi, I was a customer with CPI and since I was moving to Chicago, I called in around July to move my service to Chicago. I also mentioned to them that I will no longer reside in my NC address and that I sold my home. I was told by CPI that the company doesn’t operate in Chicago but will keep my payments on hold for 2 months and will try to get in touch with the new owner for the service. I mentioned that since the company doesn't operate in Chicago, they should kindly cancel my service to which CPI insisted that they will not need to do that since they will be trying to ask the new owner to activate the service. I would like to now ask CPI to cancel my service since I was billed in September despite having sold my home on the 30th of August. I would also like to reiterate that CPI doesn’t operate in Chicago and since they do not do so, I shouldn't be under the obligation to pay penalties since I did want to continue with CPI in my new home at **.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello, Ravi. Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. Your feedback is appreciated and has been forwarded to a member of the Customer Support Leadership Team. I see they have reached out to discuss your concerns directly. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need anything else, at care@cpisecurity.com or 1-800-948-7133, extension 6280.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Best service I’ve had in Charlotte. Guillermo explained everything clearly and did very high quality work installing all the devices and made sure to clean up. He was patient with my many questions and represents the company well. Based on his nice way I will recommend the company to my friends. I trusted his advice.

Hello Thomas,
Thank you for letting us know how well Guillermo did! Thank you for choosing CPI. Please let us know if you need anything else!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

The tech knew what he was doing. A real pro. Did his job in a quiet manner, a respectful manner, guided me through the operation of system 'til I was sure I could operate it with confidence. I will am sure. I tell others not just for the free month of service but for the great service.

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for your review Norman. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that the tech was able to fulfill your needs.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

On 8/31/18, Mr. Thaddeus ** installed my CPI system. Mr. ** was very knowledgeable in helping to determine the best security needs for my home. Mr. ** was thorough in his explanation of how he intended to install all of the equipment and he even went as far as cleaning up to the point where I would not have known what work was done had I not been present. Mr. ** was very courteous, professional and patient. I was unable to provide Mr. ** with a voided check as I only had starter checks available. Though this was the case, Mr. ** was extremely courteous and advised on alternative ways I could submit the information he needed. I would definitely recommend CPI to a friend or family member thanks to Mr. **. As a matter of fact, my aunt was present during the install and advised she would be switching from ADT due to the level of service Mr. ** provided.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi Pennie, Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear that Thaddeus did such a great job. We look forward to earning your family's business. Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Quality Assurance Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CPI Security Systems?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Both the quote work by Tonya and install were excellent. Really friendly and helpful. The installer was very knowledgeable and seemed to work to give us the best set-up for our house. Very organized and professional as they worked. Cleaned up afterwards including vacuuming.

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for your review Steven. Glad to hear that Tonya and Brandon were able to knock it out of the park for you. Please let us know if you need anything further.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Genuine Amish Furniture Security - We are very happy with our new security system. Our sales rep, Jacalyn ** was amazing from start to finish. Excellent customer service. Our install guy, David was also amazing. They both answered all of our questions and we feel safe and knowledgable about our new system.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi Lindsay, Thank you for letting us know how well that Jacalyn did. Thank you for choosing CPI Security. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

He did a great job. Courteous and professional. On time, kept his work area near and cleaned up when he was done. Good job of explaining how everything worked and what we were getting charged for. Highly recommend him for installs.

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for letting us know William! Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Came in and replaced an outdated carbon monoxide detector. Also ran a complete system test. Also informed me of the silent procedures for disarming and calling for assistance incognito. We were never made aware of this on the initial install at the original install date. Again Mr. ** is a great technician!!

Hi Gregory,
Thank you for letting us know how well your service tech did on this visit. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Agent worked with me for over 2 hours to change all access codes and permission updates for our company after high level termination of employees. This made a very difficult and stressful day less work for me. The agent made it easy for me to call her back several times with additional questions and requests. She was always polite and went out of her way to be helpful.

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for letting us know about your experience Gwen. Thank you for choosing CPI and please let us know if you need anything else!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Contacted Tech Support to resolve Low Battery Indicators. It was determined that I needed a service call to resolve issues. Service person determined I needed software update. This resolved my issues and I requested additional security items to be installed. I was completely satisfied with my contact with all CPI employees. They were friendly and knowledgeable and put my concerns to rest.

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for your review Gerald. Please let us know if you need anything further. Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Resolution response: Aug. 14, 2018

CPI has always had stellar customer service and has definitely proven that once again. I contacted CPI concerning my disappointment of being charged the market value for an outdoor camera upgrade. The Customer Service Supervisor, Neal, contacted me the next day and authorized an early upgrade for me which left me very happy. I love CPI Security.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Customer Service is stellar and always has been. However, I am very disappointed to know that I have been a customer for a while now and I can't receive some sort of upgrade discount on an outdoor camera. This is very disheartening and one of the reasons why I think I might want to look into another service after my contract is over.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello, Kelley. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We value your business and apologize for the frustration this has caused. I have located your account and a member of the Customer Support leadership team will be in contact shortly.
Please contact us directly if you need anything further, at 1-800-948-7133 extension 6280, or care@cpisecurity.com.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We were so very pleased with the way the tech walked us through the whole process. He was so very professional in all areas of the process. Our new alarm system makes us feel so much safer than ever before, I would be proud to tell everyone about CPI Security.

Hello Hal,
Thank you for your review. Please let us know if you and your family need anything else.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Jonathan arrived on time to install our security system. He was very knowledgeable about the system and answered all questions. He also ensured the system was functioning properly prior to leaving. We would recommend CPI to our friends and family.

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for your review Michelle, Please let us know if we can do anything else for you!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Very professional sales rep when I requested a new yard sign to replace the faded one I have. We always feel comfortable leaving home knowing CPI is in control. Having the camera covering both doors is reassuring. Would highly recommend CPI.

Hello Patricia,
Thank you for your review.
Please let us know if you need anything else!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

3 Outdoor Cameras. Jacob was an absolute delight. He not only corrected the issue, but we discussed how to navigate the CPI website as well. Please give him a raise or a promotion if possible. You are fortunate to have such a nice person working in your organization.

Hi Carrie,
Thank you for your review and letting us know how Jacob did. Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Mr. Morales ** did an excellent job installing my equipment and explain everything to me in detail. He was very professional and the most neat and cleanest tech I ever seen. If I had 5 stars I would be doing him a injustice as he provided my family and I a 10 star rating.

Hello Samuel,
Thank you for your review. It sounds like Gullermo did an outstanding job! Thank you for letting us know. Please don't hesitate to call us if you need anything else. Welcome to the CPI family!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Henry was extremely knowledgeable and courteous. Installation of both SKYBELL and replacement of a motion detector went without difficulty. Henry also performed a complete systems check and was able to address all of our issues. I would wholeheartedly recommend Henry to anyone who requires CPI service or maintenance. CPI is fortunate to have an employee like Henry. Keep up the great work.

Hello Bev,
Thank you for the review. I'm glad to hear that Henry was able to get you taken care of. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

The installer was excellent. Very professional and went above and beyond to accommodate my requests. The product does what the company says at a reasonable price. The installation tech was great. Highly recommend him. The salesman didn’t have me on the schedule as I thought, but the other members of the team fixed the problem immediately and my alarm was installed as planned.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello, Lorryn Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, and welcome to the CPI Family! We hope you enjoy your new security system and the peace of mind it brings. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or if you need anything else!

Original review: July 31, 2018

This was our first experience with a security system company and everything went extremely smooth. The initial quote process was handled very professionally by Justine and the installation tech (Guillermo **) was excellent. He was at our house most of the day working very hard to make sure everything was properly installed. It was a pleasure all around and I would highly recommend CPI!

Hi Edward,
Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that Guillermo did an excellent job . Thank you for choosing CPI Security.

Original review: July 31, 2018

The person who installed my equipment for CPI arrived timely. I was greeted professionally. He walked through to see what was needed, suggested some extra protection. He worked steadily with a knowledge of what he was doing. He took time with explaining the panel and keyless entry.

CPI Security Systems response
Hello Phyllis, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, and welcome to the CPI Family! We hope you enjoy your new security system and the peace of mind it brings. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or if you need anything else!

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: July 26, 2018

I would like to recognize Brandon ** for his expert knowledge of the system and his exceptional customer service. He was the third CPI worker to come to my home to finish the installation of my new system. He was very knowledgeable of the different components of the system and had to go back and redo some of what the others had done before. He did all of this without any complaining. He worked quickly and efficiently and made sure the job was completed and everything was working and explained the system to me before leaving. He should be commended for a job well done. If it were not for him I would have had the new system removed from my home because of the two encounters experienced prior to his arrival.

CPI Security Systems response
Hi, John. Thank you for providing your review on CPI Security. We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. Good to hear that Brandon was able to provide you with an excellent example of great customer service. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions, at all.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Awesome experience with Guillermo installing my new system! He explained everything perfectly and gave advice on the best placement for my equipment. Very professional and friendly! He helped me think of additional areas of coverage that I hadn’t considered before. Happy that he was the one to install the system!

Hello Allison,
Thank you for letting us know how well Guillermo did! Thank you for your review. Please dont hesitate to let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Smoke giving error code on alarm. Suggested to replace batteries, still not working. Tech came in and checked smoke detector and re installed correctly. Smoke detector worked momentarily and quit again. Tech put in another set of batteries and smoke detector started working. Checked all systems to ensure everything was functioning properly. Three hours later after tech left, smoke detector giving error code again. Tech came back and replaced unit. No further problems.

Hi William,
We are sorry to hear that you had issues with your smoke, but glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Thank you for your review and for choosing CPI Security.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Ben was knowledgeable about all products, patient and really seemed to care. Such a rare find for an employee. Hope you hire more employees like him. He even came back to fix our camera doorbell. He was great. Glad they replaced the door lock on back laundry room.

Hi Christy,
Thank you for letting us know how well Ben did for you and your family. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Quality Assurance Team

Original review: July 24, 2018

The customer service representative was so nice and professional. She was very patient and courteous with my questions about the alarm beeping. A storm cause my power to go out. She gave me step by step instructions on how to stop the beeping.

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for your review Deloris. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Chrissy was able to talk me through locating the alarm certificate using the CPI App. She explained that emailing, as I had asked would take longer and that I could have immediate access through the use of the App. She was also able to answer questions about current promotions. She was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable.

Hi Stephanie,
Thank you for your review and letting us know that Chrissy was able to help you out!

Original review: July 23, 2018

I have always had great service from the people whom I call. The people who come when there is a problem have always been great, very courteous and eager to solve my problem. I have been with CPI for 10 years and would not ask for better service than what I've had.

Hello Rosetta,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience and for being a long term member of the CPI family.

Original review: July 21, 2018

No power to system. Payton was extremely helpful and patient in assisting me. She was knowledgeable and thorough in her answers and assessment of the situation. The previous contacts were also very helpful. I was matched with a service technician immediately after determining my needs.

Hi Lawen,
Thank you for your review and letting us know how well Payton did assisting you over the phone. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any other assistance.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Chris ** (my Installer) was helpful and accommodating in regards to my questions, configurations and desired locations of my equipment. He followed up to ensure I was happy and pleased with everything, he also ensured that all pieces of equipment were operational and that I understood all of the functions and programming of the components. Even though it was a long process Chris worked non-stop, until it was completed and I was satisfied.

CPI Security Systems response
Thank you for your review Lawrence. I'm glad to hear that Chris did such a wonderful job. Thank you for joining the CPI family.

CPI Security Systems expert review by Erin Raub

Offers home security system installation and 24/7 monitoring in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, Alabama, Florida and Tennessee. Choose from packages ranging from $39.99-$64.99 with free professional installation. Systems have a minimum 5-year contract. $99 activation fee for homeowners and $299 for renters. 90-day warranty for equipment and 1-year warranty for parts.

• No false alarm guarantee: If your system malfunctions and causes a false alarm, CPI Security Systems will credit your account for the cost of any tickets or fines you receive from your local government.

• Take over other systems: If you already have a home security system in your house, CPI can take it over. They can monitor the alarm system you already have, so you won’t have to install new equipment.

• Security cameras: You can get both indoor and outdoor security cameras and doorbell cameras from CPI security.

• Professional home security system installation: All systems from CPI are professionally installed. This ensures your home security system will be set up correctly from the start.

• Referral program: For every person who you refer to CPI that signs up for service with the company, you’ll get one month of monitoring for free.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

CPI Security Systems Company Information