Scout is a home security company that sells its equipment in packages or as individual devices. Customers can choose professional monitoring or self-monitoring. The company’s packages start at $229 and come with a three-year warranty and a 60-day return period. Scout’s alarm systems integrate with smart home devices. Through the Scout app, you can get notifications, remotely access camera footage and lock your home.
- Smart home integration features
- Three-year warranty
- Easy DIY installation
- Few exterior camera options
- Monthly fee required
Scout products are easy to install and work with most smart devices. Buy packages or individual products to customize your system. Scout offers professional and self-monitoring plans and a cellular-only add-on.
Scout Alarm package costs
Scout Alarm's “Scout Packs,” or security equipment packages, range from $229 to $549 at the time of publishing. All packages include a hub that powers and runs the security system and connects to sensors across the home, a door panel sensor with a 105-decibel siren, at least two access sensors, at least one motion sensor, a yard sign and two key fobs.
All Scout products have a 60-day free return period and include a three-year warranty. Scout provides free shipping with certain orders. Note that the package price does not include monitoring services.
Scout package prices and equipment
|Small Pack||Large Pack||Elements Pack||Architect Pack|
|Smoke alarm and water sensor|
|Glass break sensors|
Scout Alarm monitoring plans and pricing
Scout Alarm offers two monitoring plans: Always On (self-monitoring) and Always On+, with professional monitoring. Both packages include cellular backup in case your internet or power goes down, access to the Scout mobile app and web dashboard and unlimited text, phone email notifications. Both of Scout's plans have a monthly charge.
- Always On: Scout’s self-monitoring plan notifies a preselected contact when an alarm goes off at your home. You also choose the contact method. The contact then decides what action to take. Always On costs $9.99 per month.
- Always On+: Scout’s 24/7 professional monitoring service contacts you or an emergency contact first if there’s an alarm. If there’s no response, it contacts the police or fire department. Always On+ costs $19.99 a month.
If you don’t have internet, you can choose to add Scout’s Cellular Only plan for $15 per month. It keeps your system connected entirely through a cellular network.
Scout equipment and technology
You can purchase Scout Alarm’s equipment individually or as part of a package. In addition to the products below, Scout also offers smoke alarms, keypads for system control, door locks, water sensors and glass-break sensors. All products have a three-year warranty and a 60-day return policy.
How to install a Scout security system
Scout Alarm security systems have a do-it-yourself setup and can be installed in 30 minutes or less, according to the company. Scout systems come with an installation box with everything you need to install the equipment. You don’t have to drill or use wires. Customers can follow instructions from their phone, tablet or computer.
Scout’s simple setup makes it easy to take the system with you if you move. All sensors have an adhesive backing that you can replace when you switch addresses. Just contact Scout, and it sends you the replacements for free.
Scout Alarm’s smart home integrations
Scout designed its devices to integrate seamlessly with smart home brands and products that you may already have in your house, including:
- Amazon Alexa, which you can use to ask about updates or recent activity, arm or disarm your system or send for help
- Google Assistant, which you can use to arm or disarm your system or check your system’s status
- Philips Hue and LIFX, smart light systems that you can set up to flash red when the alarm is triggered
- IFTTT,, which allows you to connect Scout to 175 smart home partners and create your own personalized automation
- Kwikset and Yale, smart lock companies whose products integrate with the Scout app to let you check your locks and grant limited access to guests through the Scout app
- First Alert’s smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, which integrate with Scout’s app and monitoring service
Scout Alarm FAQ
- How does Scout Alarm work?
- Scout allows you to choose your system components, color and monitoring plan — either professional monitoring or self-monitoring. Systems include a hub with battery backup, sensors and optional components such as indoor cameras and a video doorbell. The hub requires a power outlet and an internet connection. Scout’s systems are designed for DIY installation.
With a Scout system, you can use your phone to arm your system, set custom actions and alerts, check on sensor activity, determine false alarms and disarm your system. There is no annual contract. If you choose professional monitoring, agents monitor your system 24/7 and follow your preset plan if there’s an emergency. If you have self-monitoring, Scout reaches out to your preselected contact, but it doesn’t contact the police or fire department.
- How much does Scout Alarm cost per month?
- Scout Alarm’s monthly fees are $9.99 for self-monitoring and $19.99 for professional monitoring. You can save about 10% by paying annually instead of monthly. Scout allows you to change your plan at any time.
- Does Scout offer a free plan?
- No, Scout requires you to choose a monitoring plan and pay a monthly fee.
- What devices are compatible with Scout Alarm?
- Scout Alarm’s security systems are compatible with many smart devices and services, including Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Philips Hue and LIFX smart light systems. Scout’s systems are not compatible with wired sensors from other companies.
- What is Scout Alarm’s return policy?
- Scout Alarm has a 60-day return policy on all equipment.
- Does Scout equipment come with a warranty?
- Yes, all Scout Alarm equipment comes with a three-year warranty.
- Does Scout Alarm call the police?
- Scout Alarm only contacts the police if you have the Always On+ (professional monitoring) plan. If an alarm triggers, monitoring agents will contact you and call the police if necessary.
Is Scout Alarm a good security system?
Yes, Scout Alarm is a good security system for those looking to protect their home and family. The company offers a variety of useful security system products, which you can purchase as part of a package or individually. It’s easy to install and manage a system, and Scout equipment integrates well with smart home devices. Scout also offers two affordable monitoring plans to choose from.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Scout Company Information
- Company Name: