Scout offers a variety of products to keep your home safe and secure. Scout sells its security equipment in packages, but you can also buy the individual products you need. Scout security systems are available with or without professional monitoring services. Through the Scout app, you can get alert notifications, remotely access livestream cameras and lock your home with the touch of a button.
Scout Alarm products are easy to install and compatible with most smart devices. Buy packages or individual products to customize systems. Scout offers professional and self-monitoring plans and a cellular-only add-on.
- Smart home integration features
- Three-year warranty
- Easy DIY installation
- Few exterior camera options
- Monthly fee required
Scout Alarm package costs
Scout Alarm's security equipment packages range from $229 to $549. All packages include a hub that powers and runs the entire security system, a door panel monitor, at least two access sensors, at least one motion sensor, yard signs and two key fobs. All Scout Alarm collections have a 60-day return period and include a three-year warranty. Scout provides free shipping on orders of more than $200. However, the price does not include monitoring services.
Scout packages prices and equipment
|Small pack||Large pack||Elements pack||Architect pack|
|Smoke alarm and water sensor|
|Glass break sensors|
Scout Alarm monitoring plans and pricing
Scout Alarm's monitoring plans start at $9.99 a month and don’t require an annual contract. Both packages include 4G LTE cellular backup, battery backup and unlimited alerts through the Scout mobile app, email, text and call notifications. Both of Scout's plans have a monthly charge.
- Always On: Scout’s self-monitoring plan lets you decide if you need an emergency response. The Always On plan costs $9.99 per month or $107 when you pay annually. Optional cloud storage for camera footage is available for an additional $2.99 per month.
- Always On+: Scout’s professional monitoring service dispatches local police or fire departments at any time of day or night. Always On+ includes free cloud storage for your first video doorbell or camera, and additional storage is available for a monthly fee. This plan costs $19.99 a month or $215 annually.
Scout equipment and technology
You can purchase equipment individually or in packages. In addition to the products below, Scout also offers smoke alarms, keypad door locks, water detectors and glass break sensors. All equipment has a three-year warranty and a 60-day return policy.
How to install Scout security system
Most Scout Alarm security systems can be installed in about 30 minutes. Simply register your system with Scout, plug in the hub and connect it to your home internet. Then place your sensors, door panel, camera and other devices wherever you want. You don’t have to drill into your walls or use any tools. Products are wireless and have an adhesive that you push and stick to surfaces. The do-it-yourself setup instruction manual is supported by online video tutorials.
Scout Security FAQ
- How much does Scout Alarm cost per month?
- Scout Alarm’s monthly fees range $9.99 to $19.99. Customers get a price break when they pay annually.
- Does Scout offer a free plan?
- No, a paid professional or self-monitoring plan is required to use Scout Alarm.
- What devices are compatible with Scout Alarm?
- Scout Alarm’s security systems are compatible with many smart devices, including Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Hue and LIFX light bulbs. The Scout panic button, remote control and siren use Zigbee HA1.2 protocol and are only compatible with the Version 1S system.
- What is Scout Alarm’s return policy?
- Scout Alarm has a 60-day return policy on all equipment.
- Does Scout equipment come with a warranty?
- Yes, all Scout Alarm equipment comes with a three-year warranty.
- Does Scout Alarm call the police?
- Scout Alarm only contacts local police when your alarm is triggered if you have the Always On+ plan.
Is Scout Alarm a good security system?
Yes, Scout Alarm is a good security system for those looking to protect their home and family. Scout Alarm offers plenty of security equipment options that can be purchased individually or in packages. It’s easy to install and manage, and Scout offers two affordable monitoring plans to choose from.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Scout Company Information
- Company Name: