4.6/5 (1000 ratings)

About Vector Security

Vector Security has provided intelligent security solutions for nearly 50 years. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the company offers a full suite of electronic security services for residential, business and national account customers. Vector Security assists with security consultations, installation, monitoring and service. It has over 386,000 customers.

Pros

• System relocation options
    • Equipment warranty
    • Support for home automation

Cons

• Strict cancellation policy
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Vector Security offers three plans with varying levels of wireless technology. Although its cancellation process is not ideal, the company provides an excellent warranty, and the home automation support is a huge positive.

Top Vector Security Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I chose Vector to protect me because my daughter and son in law had it and they loved it… Brendan was the installer and did amazing. He arrived on time. Brendan wore a mask, and l...

Verified

Vector took over previous security company. Lady that setup my appointment for a service call very professional. Service tech was also very professional. Would recommend this comp...

What is Vector Security?

Vector Security is a home alarm and surveillance company. All systems include professional monitoring services from Vector Security-owned and -operated monitoring centers. Monitoring contracts range from 36 to 60 months. You can use mobile devices to access live video surveillance.

You can sign up for Vector Security by calling to schedule an appointment or by ordering online. A Vector Security representative will set up a time to come and install the system for you.

Vector Security prices

Vector home security systems start around $40 per month for the Essential Security plan. Home Automation plans cost around $50 per month, and the Connected Home plan is around $70 per month.

Vector Security monitoring costs are pretty average when compared with other home security companies. Unfortunately, Vector Security pricing for equipment is not available on its website, so you’ll have to contact the company to learn more.

The company includes a one-year warranty from the date of installation. Two types of extended warranties are available. SecurityCare covers equipment replacement and service repairs at no extra cost. Vector also offers a SecurityCare Plus package that provides the same benefits as the SecurityCare extended warranty, plus free installation if you relocate, system inspections every other year and battery replacements.

Vector Security packages

Vector Security has three home security packages: Essential Security, Home Automation and Connected Home. The Essential Security plan is the simplest and most affordable plan. Both the Home Automation and Connected Home packages offer smart home support and integration. The Connected Home package is the most extensive and comes with additional equipment.

Essential SecurityHome AutomationConnected Home
    Essential Security
    Home Automation
    Connected Home

Additional Vector Security equipment

As with many other home security companies, 2GIG makes Vector Security’s equipment. The 12-point false alarm reduction works to reduce the number of times a nonemergency is reported as an emergency. To learn more about the pricing on Vector Security’s equipment, it’s best to contact Vector Security over the phone and request a quote. Some of Vector Security’s equipment includes:

• Door sensors
    • Carbon monoxide detection
    • Panic button
    • Medical alert

Vector Security FAQ

Where is Vector Security available?
    Vector Security is available to residents of the following states:
    • Alabama
    • South Carolina
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    Is Vector Security compatible with the Amazon Echo?
    Yes, you can integrate Vector Security with the Amazon Echo, allowing you to use voice commands to control your security system. Vector Security’s products are also compatible with Google Home and use Z-Wave technology.

Vector also has several home automation options if you purchase the Home Automation plan or the Connected Home package. You can manage the system using the Vector Security app, Google Home or Amazon Alexa. Features include:

• Event-triggered automation
    • Thermostat control
    • Lighting control
    • Appliance control
    • Electronic door locks
    How do I cancel Vector Security?
    If you want to cancel service, you must send a 30-day cancellation notice to a Vector Security local branch. If you cancel before your contract is up, you will likely be subject to penalties such as equipment costs, an early termination fee and the costs for the remaining monthly monitoring fees.
    Is there a Vector Security app?
    Yes, there is a Vector Security app for both Apple and Android that lets you control and monitor your security system from your smartphone.

Is Vector Security any good?

At the time of publishing, Vector Security is one of the highest-rated companies on our home alarm guide. We recommend Vector Security for its smart home automation systems, strong warranty and relocation services. It also has a solid lineup of equipment. The most common drawback mentioned in Vector Security reviews is the cancellation policy, which could be more lenient; however, as a whole, we still enthusiastically support its home alarm systems.

Vector Security Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2011

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I chose Vector Security because they are known for being one of the top companies in the world. This was a new installation for me, it was an amazing experience. My representative John was so awesome, very professional, prompt, courteous, patient and very understanding. He took the extra time to sit down with me to explain the system so that I understood it well before leaving. The cost of the security system was very reasonable vs the other security system (ADT) that I have had for over 4 plus years.

I left ADT due to the cost, once I tried to cancel then they wanted to lower the cost. I said no because I felt like that they should have reached out to me sooner since I had been with them for so long. I felt like I had been cheated all of these years and did not want to be a part of a dishonest company that would overcharge their customers. I am happy to have found Vector Security. I will be a customer from now on and will tell all of my friends. If you need a security company come on over here because this is the place to be.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Josh arrived promptly at the promised time, he also called 30 min prior to arriving. Josh was very nice and professional. He updated our system from a 2 Gig radio system to a 4 Gig system and he installed a new door lock with keypad. I was very please with his patience with me. He made me aware of the Vector App and helped me through the set up of the app. He also answered all my many questions and did not make me feel he was rushed at all. I really did appreciate that. He also took the time to make sure each of my less than 10 employees, knew how to use the new keypad lock and let each of them try it out before he left. Probably a couple of hours after he left my office, I had a few questions about some paperwork he left me. I texted him to ask him to call me back at his convenience as I had questions. He called me back almost immediately and answered my questions. Y'all need to hang onto him!

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words about Josh. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Vector Security did the installation of the system back in 2017. We began having problems several months ago with system failing. Jeremy came out twice and diagnosed the problem during the second service call. He was very professional and honest from the very first service call. He let us know what the problem was (system was obsolete 4 months from original installation and didn't have the memory to update the system), this was very frustrating as we could not log in to activate, deactivate badges or make any changes to the doors for the site. Jeremy did not charge us for the service calls or the new equipment that was needed to get us up and running. Jeremy made an extremely frustrating situation so much more bearable. He is an asset to your company and he will be the resource we reach out to for any further issues. Thank you Jeremy for all your hard work, time and Patience - it was greatly appreciated!

Vector Security response

We’re glad you are happy with the service you received from Jeremy. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: July 21, 2020

Vector Security Systems rep, Daniel **, visited in our home to provide information and demonstrations about the Vector home security system. Daniel was knowledgeable, professional, and personable throughout the visit. His demeanor and expertise with the Vector system gave us immediate confidence in both him and the Vector line of products/services. After deciding to install a Vector system, Daniel stayed involved throughout the installation process and the 'learning curve', following up with us regularly until we were familiar with the system, and visited our home again to provide additional advice and info.

On the installation side, Jodi (last name unk) was the installer -- quick, efficient, expert, left the installation area spotless, and answered all our questions. The entire experience was a pleasure from start to finish, and the Vector team we interacted with was A+++, an 11 on a 1-to-10 scale. We'd recommend Vector to anyone, without hesitation or reservation of any kind.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words about Daniel. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: July 13, 2020

During a storm last Friday afternoon a lightning flash must have knocked out our fire alarm system for our condos. When I came home the Geneva on the Lake fire dept had just left due to the fire alarm sent to them. I called Vector and Linda put through to Matt in technical service. Matt assisted us with our problem and had the parts available to make the repairs. We agreed to wait until the storm went away and then we would make the repairs.

Matt met me on Saturday morning as we discussed on Friday evening. Matt worked out and repaired the problems with the system. Once he was done with repairs to the system a few board members along with myself were discussing clearing a large branch that had fallen across a driveway at our condos. All we could come up with was an old dull bow saw that would have taken us all day to cut up the fallen branches.

Matt came to the condos rescue when he brought out a battery operated Sawzall and started cutting through the branches like butter. Matt took an extra ten minutes or so of his Saturday to help us clear our driveway of all downed branches. We on the NorthCoast Landing Condo Association board wish to Thank Matthew Gersper for going Above and Beyond the Call of Duty and helping to clear the fallen branches and open up our driveway. Awesome job Matt!!

Dave, Dave, Kit, Robert

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words about Matt. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I was a former customer of Vector Security when I lived in PA before moving to FL. The service from the branch in PA was why when my contract with the company that serviced the monitoring of my security system when I moved to Florida was finished made it an easy choice to go back to Vector because of the great service I received in PA. Well what a difference different divisions are run. First of all trying to reach their customer service is a nightmare, no one is ever available and if you leave a message no on ever returns calls. Secondly, back in PA my system was tested by one of their technicians once a year at my house as part of my service agreement, free of charge, when I talked to the salesperson who I signed the 3 year agreement with I asked if they also did in home annual service tests of the systems and he assured me that they did and not once did I get a phone call to have my system tested.

When I had problems with my sensors I had to call into the service center and in a couple of instances they had to tell me how to put an area on bypass until they could send me a part to install myself or have a technician to my house which I had to pay for. Never up north did I have to pay for a technician, oh yeah probably because they did an annual service check of my system. Third the cost of my monitoring was almost half of the cost of what it was here and I got more like email notifications when my system activated and deactivate and I could remote access my system up north but if I wanted that service I would have to pay even more down here. Finally the only time they asked what they could do more of is when I sent them an email when my contract was over and I told them that I gave them my 30 day notice of cancellation. It seems like that was when they really cared about my service experience with their company.

George,

Thank you for your feedback. We are forwarding your comments to your local branch for follow up. We appreciate your patience as we look into the matter. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Nick showed up in a timely manner. Explained all the work on his order and explained how everything was gonna be installed thoroughly and clearly. Very impressed with his customer service oriented attitude and professionalism. Nick’s work was clean and neat. Very good technician and great attitude for his work and his customers.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Nick. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: June 9, 2021

We have had Vector Security for several years. We signed up with Vector because of their background, very nice employees and the price. If you are interested in home Security this is the company to put on the top of your list. I do not plan to ever have another security system besides Vector.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: June 9, 2021

My husband has Vector for his business and my sister and brother in law also have Vector for their home. Jenny and Curtis were great with the information and installation process. I will recommend them and Vector to family and friends. Jenny cleaned my windows in my open floor space. Lol. Curtis showed me the ease of use of the system and answered all of my questions.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words about Jenny and Curtis. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: June 8, 2021

Thank you to Vector Security for coming out and installing my new doorbell camera for my security alarm. I’m am very pleased with how easy it is to use and how great it looks. I really appreciate everything. Thank you.

Vector Security response

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Vector Security Company Information

www.vectorsecurity.com

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES
      AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
      2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)