toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Susan,

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

Vector Security is one of our clients so it was our professional courtesy and sop to offer opportunity to earn our business. Also the owner of the company recommended Vector because they are the security company he uses residentially at several locations. As purchasing manager, I have to say the best service and the best price was given by Rick **. He spent as much time necessary with me, explaining every aspect of quote and installation process. We have had no problems. We are thrilled with the outcome of your service. Eric came out for annual inspection and everything is good to go! I recommend your services to anyone I come in contact with when the subject arises.

Hi Thelma,

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

I have enjoyed the peace of mind and security with my Vector Security system for almost 2 years. When someone stole a package from my front porch last week, I turned to the company again for their home video surveillance system. Doug ** was at my home in one hour to set up service. They were able to fit me into their schedule on Monday. My service was expertly installed by Mark **. Five stars for Vector Security for this low-cost addition to my home, 24-hour excellent customer service and support.

Hi Paula,

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I have been with Vector for about 5 years and I've always had a pleasant experience with your dispatchers and your technicians. It was a pleasure working with Sean **. He showed up before the time I was told and I really appreciated that. He explained to me about upgrading my system and eased my worries about a heat detector that was hanging in my garage that's not connected to your system. He talked to me about purchasing a heat but I'm not ready as of yet. I really appreciate your prompt response to this. I feel safe and secure! Looking to continue my service.

Linda,

We’re glad we were able to help you out. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: March 24, 2017

We had been having some issues with our alarm going out and then coming on with many loud buzzing noises. We called Vector and they scheduled a service call for next week. About five minutes after that call the alarm went off repeatedly. We called back and the operator and she rescheduled for tonight. The service provider came within 90 minutes. He was able to identify the problem and reset the alarm. He was helpful in making recommendations for future detectors elsewhere in the house and recommended getting service insurance once our warranty expires.

Lowell,

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We're glad you're happy with our service. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Great job. Replaced camera and checked all connections. The techs were excellent and worked with professionalism. This is one of the reasons I promote to friends and family your company. The techs actually went beyond the call of duty in fixing my problem. Thank you Vector...

Daniel,

Original review: March 23, 2017

When I first moved here I just set it up and the service has been great. The service tech was also great. He replaced all my batteries and tested the system today. Vector has been good to me and my family, thank you so much.

Dena,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

Original review: March 23, 2017

We wanted to add more security (3 glass breaks & 3 window sensors) to the back of our home. Vector doesn't sell you what you don't need. Tom was very helpful and answered all of the questions I had. He also reviewed how to use the override with me in case I want to be home with alarm on.

Aimee,

Thanks for your compliments about Evan. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Evan, the install technician, installed our alarm system and our video monitoring system. Very clean and professional when coming into our brand new home. Very informative and took the time to walk us through everything! Great service and highly recommended! A+++.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Brian,

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Whenever I need something or have a question, your service is awesome and my call today was no different. Quick service, delivered very friendly. You all rock. Please let me know if you ever have new services, especially if it is compatible with smart home technology.

Daniel,

Original review: March 23, 2017

On time professional advise me about the service and also explain the job performs. Service was prompt. Speedy appointment and Mr ** advise me about some of the merchandise Vector has. I am very happy about the service and we will be thinking about it later.

Ed,

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: March 23, 2017

We have had Vector Security in our home for about 10 years. We have never had a problem with our system until this recent low battery. We are very pleased. Even when we accidentally set our alarm off, Vector calls us almost immediately.

Rosemary,

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We rely on recommendations from customers like you; our ReferralRewards program can earn you incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Please contact your branch for details.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Vector Security has been great to us. We're extremely pleased with the service provided. We have referred family and friends who are also happy with their service. We've had several other companies offering special rates which we turn down because of Vector's quality service.

Tiffany,

Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day!

Original review: March 23, 2017

I was in need of updated technology for my existing security system and I reached out to Vector because they were a local company. I've seen yard signs of Vector in the past and once I spoke with a representative at Vector I was interested in learning more about their systems.

Tammy,

Thanks for your compliments about Kevin. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Kevin was great - he came back to install volume control on our gate sensor so that we could use it. He was very professional and provides great experience - he is very knowledgeable in his work and has provided service to this residence in the past and that is why we chose Vector. Great service.

Hi Lynnette,

We apologize for the trouble. The experience you describe is certainly not representative of the service we aim to provide our customers. We are forwarding your comments to the local office for review. Thank you for your patience; we appreciate your business.

Original review: March 22, 2017

My alarm went offline a week ago. I called Central Station that same day. They could only forward my call to Service. I was waiting for over 20 min for an agent and just got frustrated and hung up. I called Central Station again and they could only put a notice to call me back. I never got that call back. I tried after a couple of days to call the office directly and got the same wait issue then. I later send an email through the online system and finally got a call after a complaint online. Then I never got confirmation of the appointment and when I called the day of the appt, I was on hold for about 10 min before an agent answer. It was such an easy fix, less than 5 min, and the whole process of just getting an agent and appt was worse and frustrating. A alarm company should have better response rate and customer care if there is really an emergency. This is not dependable service.

Michelle,

Original review: March 22, 2017

I chose Vector Security because my friend Lea Ann ** recommended the company. I was very happy with Mickey the salesman and Ricardo and Tyrone the installers. They did an excellent job and took the time to teach me about the system.

Phil,

Thanks for your compliments about Tim. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: March 22, 2017

Very excellent service. Tim was on time and very professional. He explained everything he was doing as he did it and answered all my questions. Tim walked me through all the steps I could do by myself and explained not only what I couldn't do but why I could not do certain thing myself.

Jacqueline,

Original review: March 22, 2017

We just had Vector install a security system in our new home. The setup was flawless and the service was great. The system is easy to use and we already have the app up and running so that we can control the system easily from our mobile devices. Couldn't be happier so far!

Pam,

Original review: March 22, 2017

Service was recommended by an employee of Vector. Matt was very virtuous. Ben was great in sales. Look forward to working with the company. Great job Vector service department, sales team, and wonderful technicians! I hope to enjoy using my new system.

Belinda,

Original review: March 22, 2017

Vector Security has been our alarm system for years and we have found the company and those we have worked with over the years to be professional, courteous and pleasant. We do wish, however, that pricing to go wireless was equal or less in cost of a wired system.

Pam,

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: March 22, 2017

Had Vector install several systems for my father in law and were very pleased with the installation and the system operation. Having system in our condo gives us peace of mind since we only are there for 3-4 weeks out of the year.

Margaret,

Original review: March 22, 2017

I had Vector Security recommended to me years ago. I chose this company and I have been pleased with them the entire time I have had their system. If there is a problem it is handled quickly. They are always available and dependable!

Hi Ethel,

We apologize for the trouble. The experience you describe is certainly not representative of the service we aim to provide our customers. We are forwarding your comments to the local office for review. Thank you for your patience; we appreciate your business and loyalty.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I have been a Vector Security System since 2007, at which time my husband passed away. I used to get much better service from Vector than I have in the last two or three years. Your number you call for service is usually answered, however they put you on hold and the last time which was 3-15-17 and no one ever came to take my call. I finally hung up and called another number which I finally got some satisfaction due to the fact I threatened cancelling my service.

Sean ** is the best and only tech that your company has. When Sean tells you he is coming you can depend on seeing Sean. Last year on several occasions I had a low smoke detector battery and it was approx. 2 weeks before someone came to fix. VERY UNACCEPTABLE… I have not had a bad experience when Sean told me he was coming. It is the office that gets everything screwed up... it appears that they don't care whether I get service or not. All your techs are pretty good, but it is the office that transfers the messages and they just don't outright CARE.

Kim,

Original review: March 22, 2017

I choose Vector Security for all my security needs because I have had them install systems in all my other homes in the past and have loved them all. I like the fact that I can go to bed, leave the house and don't have to worry about it. I can also leave my kids there and not have to worry about them now that I had a camera installed. It is a great peace of mind knowing my house and kids are protected. Thank you.

Kristin,

Thanks for your compliments about Linda. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: March 21, 2017

This afternoon I called Vector Security and requested an alarm certificate to submit to our insurance company and Linda was very pleasant and helpful! She was efficient and sent me the certificate I requested promptly. It was nice speaking with her today.

Dorothy,

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security; we appreciate recommendations from customers like you. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: March 21, 2017

Technician was very thorough. Had Vector for many years. Started out with Nightwatch. Other companies don't respond well. Never had a problem with Vector. Has always been reliable and works good. 20 plus year customer. I had problems with my battery and Vector came out no additional charge. Very satisfied. Highly recommend.

Abigail,

Original review: March 21, 2017

My interactions were very pleasant and customer service helped solve the low battery problem over the phone. Battery was replaced and problem was solved. Also security settings were updated and changed. Customer service agent was also able to change settings remotely to turn off the warning signals that were repeatedly going off.

Margery,

Original review: March 21, 2017

We have been with Vector Security since the house was built in the 70s. We have always been pleased with the service provided. The staff has always been prompt and professional and has always helped to fix our problems as soon as possible.

Jasmine,

Original review: March 21, 2017

Vector Security was recommended to us by our real estate agent. We've used it for almost 4 years. We had no issues. When we decided to move to another house, we decided to continue with Vector Security. This last visit by Peter ** in Vector Security was for installing a doorbell camera. Peter is very knowledgeable, patient and kind. He seems to know what he's doing. He answered all my questions. He helped me understanding how to use many system features. He's a very good representative to Vector Security.

Hi Anthony,

We're sorry you're having trouble with the system. We are forwarding your comments to the local branch for review. Thank you for your patience; we appreciate your business.

Original review: March 20, 2017

We had this system installed in September - and we keep getting calls saying it's not working. No one has been able to fix it and it has been an absolute nightmare! We may be charged a $300 fee from our police department due to the number of calls that they have received and Vector will have to pay for it.

Rick,

Thanks for your compliments about our team. We look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

Original review: March 20, 2017

Vector Security took over Alarm Guard a long time ago and me along with it. Had some reservations at first which were quickly dismissed. Since then, I've had nothing but pleasurable contacts with your various agencies and never been let down. Main Corporate and the agency in Columbia Maryland are staffed with very fine people who are very professional, yet easy to talk and deal with. They would be a credit to any Corporation. In other words, I could not be any more pleased dealing with Vector Security.

Angela,

Thanks for your compliments about Michelle. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: March 20, 2017

Michelle did an awesome job. There should be more great employees like her on your team!!! I would highly recommend her and you all's service to anyone that's in need of security in their homes. Have a Blessed Day. :)

Original review: March 20, 2017

The installer put in a new system for us and put sensors on our windows. Evan was very knowledgeable, helpful and courteous. He showed us all the features on both the arming pad and online app. We would recommend Vector to friends.

Vector Security Company Profile