Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 2,692 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ranked #5 among the top home security system providers in the United States, recognized as #1 in security by SDM Magazine and the 2016 Installer of the Year by SSI magazine. Vector Security® provides security and home automation systems to more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and multi-site enterprises. With services tailored to fit each customer's needs, we offer everything from alarm monitoring and video surveillance to personal emergency response and energy management.

Vector Security Gallery (4)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 23, 2018

4093 Vector Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Just putting it out there that you guys are great! You now secure our home and our business! The technicians and salespeople were very professional and down to earth, they explained everything we needed to know and more! Thank you Vector!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We had another company at first that had promised great service and as well a great product but it turned out not the be the case. Soon after the alarm was put in the problems began. The alarm did have a lot of bells and whistles and was just too confusing. When problems with cellular connection dropped the alarm became problematic and after a couple of weeks it had to go. Saw Vector people at a house down the road and got you to put in a better alarm the following month where this one fit in. Vector is easy to use and simple. It's been in for over three years and only needed sensor batteries replaced.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

My interactions with Vector service people have been excellent. Our service man Oral has been outstanding over the years and we have built a great relationship with him. My only complaint is that it sometimes takes a long time to get an appointment.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Peter ** is an excellent installer. He was patient and answered all of my questions. Good customer service is hard to come by these days so it's great when you have an installer like Peter who’s customer service is great.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We love working with Frank. He is very friendly and very knowledgeable. He always explains everything to us in terms we can understand, not always an easy thing to do. He is also helpful in providing additional training when we ask.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Delores ** was excellent. I recently requested an alarm certificate and she was prompt in getting it sent over via email. I appreciate all the work that goes into having great customer service. Timing is everything, and often times it's hard to get a response. But not this time. Thank you very much Delores!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We had an existing Vector system & wanted to upgrade to a newer wireless system that would allow us to upgrade further in the future. Peter ** was the person who came to install the new system. He is a very pleasant person to deal with and obviously enjoys not only his job, but also working with folks. It’s refreshing to deal with someone who is so positive about everything who is also patient and makes sure we understand how the system works. He has a tremendous sense of humor and an infectious laugh in addition to being very knowledgeable and professional. What an enjoyable experience!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Ed and Todd came to our DairyLand and walked thru the job with us. Once completed I was very please how the wiring and cameras were installed. Connection to our phones also. We will be having work also completed at our home. Thank you very much for the work completed.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

It took several months since I changed my service to correct and change the billing due to service change. Finally, today, I spoke with April ** from service who was able to answer my questions and assist me to finally make a payment to my account. April went above and beyond to assist me today. It was a pleasure to speak with someone who knew what she was doing after months of going back and forth with the accounting department with no resolution. In today's climate, it is rare to find a dedicated employee who is a problem solver and is customer service oriented.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Mr Greg ** did an excellent job. He was very polite, knowledgeable with a great personality. He discussed all the upgrades and features and also offered discounts. Even though I did not accept the offers he still has my recommendation. Can't ask for a better tech.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We was in the local shopping center where we live and was entering into a drawing to enter to win a big John Deere lawn mower. We didn't win the lawn mower but ended up getting a free alarm system. We had another alarm company already in the house that was a old alarm nothing fancy. The Vector alarm is easy to use and it talks when the doors open.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

The salesmen came here telling me how good the service was and that I did not a home phone. And of course that sold me with the doorbell and camera, and that you could answer the doorbell on my cellphone from home or away.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Vector was recommended to me years ago by people I highly respect. My interaction with Vector staff over the years has been a 5 star experience. My technician, Frank **, has been taking excellent care of me for years. He's professional, warm, friendly, and patient. Those same qualities describe Chris **, who recently installed my wireless system and security upgrades. Today I received exactly the help I needed from Tiffany in the service department. She went above and beyond anything I would have expected to help me clarify some issues. All three of these wonderful people have helped me feel cared for and protected. I treasure my relationship with them.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Your associate was very professional, he was on time, he got here at 6:44 AM for a 7:00 AM appointment, identified himself and walked around and identified things that were missing, the contact magnets, fixed them, gave us a zone list that Vector never given to us for over 11 years we have been living here. The most professional Vector employee we have had in about 12 years dealing with Vector.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Kudos to Greg and Vector Security. He was at my door right on time. He had his booties on when he entered my home. He installed my camera right where I wanted it and programmed my recorder. He gave me a demonstration and helped set up my phone. Finally he cleaned up all the dust inside and out and left it like he found it. Couldn’t be happier.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Greg. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I called and asked for a copy of my Alarm Certificate be forwarded to my insurance co. required by the insurance policy. This was completed immediately and your representative, Agata ** was extremely courteous and pleasant! Agata is as asset to your company.

Vector Security response

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we're glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Overall I had a great installation experience. Peter was prompt, even early, very helpful in explaining the tools, and overall very friendly. He did a thorough job walking the house and ensuring everything was working properly prior to completing the job. I would highly recommend Peter and Vector again.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Peter. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

We had our system inspection today for the first time in 14 years and the technician told us that it was like it was just installed, Allen was very pleasant and very knowledgeable of the questions we had and was helpful in suggesting some of their new products.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Allen. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I have had Vector for about 18 years, they have always been a great company. Very pleasant and helpful. The salesperson, Jeff was knowledgeable and helpful. The technician was also excellent and efficient. It was an all around great experience.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Technicians were professional and on time. They were not provided the details of the initial setup discussed with sales rep. They have to come back at a later date to finish installing all parts as they did not have all ordered.

Vector Security response

We appreciate your feedback and will share this with our team in an ongoing effort to improve our customer service. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. Thanks for your loyalty and have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Vector Security took over Security Associates which is who I had for 20 years. The telephone customer service experience was not good but the actual tech was excellent. He took the time to test everything, we figured out which zone tripped and why it tripped, and he recommended to go wireless. He changed the battery, explained everything in detail. He said he would contact a sales rep to contact me for a wireless system, gave me his honest opinion. I knew the system was old and probably needed an upgrade and now I know what to ask for.

The phone calls, several of them, to customer service last Saturday were not good. I was transferred a bunch of times, got a voicemail. No one was willing to help me. I was ready to cancel the service and go with another company then. But I filled out a service request online and someone contacted me on Monday to schedule it. She wasn't very good at all either and I half expected the tech to not show up because I had nothing in writing saying he was going to and she had trouble doing her job. But the tech showed up, he called my cell phone first to say he was on his way. He helped me with everything, he explained everything, he tested everything, he suggested a wireless system. I will probably stay with Vector Security because of THE TECH.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We chose Vector because it was already in the home. The service has been nothing but wonderful! They came out, showed me how to properly work our system and also informed me of everything Vector has to offer! I would recommend to anyone looking for a security system!

Vector Security response

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We rely on recommendations from satisfied customers like you; our ReferralRewards program can earn you incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Please contact your branch for details.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Our community selected it. Vector took over for the Certified Alarm Company, the original alarm company that the Builder contracted with when he built our home. The service we have received from Vector is superior to Certified Alarm company. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Prior experience with this company and their service is always excellent. This is the second house that I have had them to do my security system installation. I have been a satisfied customer for over 25 years and they have never let me down.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My install went great. John and James were very professional. Clean and considerate of house. Todd was very knowledgeable and explained everything well. I decided to switch services because I wanted to upgrade and likened how John is very professional on another job I saw him on.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about our team. We look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Cameras installed in a clean and timely manner. Tech showed how to use the product and we coordinated the camera angles and names and use. Howard is always a pleasure to have on a Vector job. Product is what we imagined it would be. Motion detect is a nice feature.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The lady on the phone, Lupita, was patient, knew the system, and totally professional. We worked through a tech issue, and a billing issue too. Total pro. GIven she is your front like the company was repped VERY well. Nice to have a real person on the other end.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Lupita. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Called Vector Security for service yesterday evening and was very impressed with the fast response I got when they told me they could come out the next day anytime I was available. The technician called ahead and was very prompt and professional, he found the issue right away and fixed it. 5 Star tech and a 5 Star company.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Greg did a good job on maintenance check. He was on time, completely checked my system, and heard my concerns. He was told when the alarm went off, the monitoring station never contacted the police department. He states he will be looking into why that was the case.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Vector was recommended by my aunt a long time Vector customer. New installation. All went well and I’m happy with the product and service. No problems with the system. I like the app and Alarm.com website very much. Thank you.

Vector Security response

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Vector Security Company Information

www.vectorsecurity.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use