3.9/5 (988 ratings)

About Vector Security

Vector Security has provided intelligent security solutions for nearly 50 years. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the company offers a full suite of electronic security services for residential, business and national account customers. Vector Security assists with security consultations, installation, monitoring and service. It has over 386,000 customers.

Pros

• System relocation options
  • Equipment warranty
  • Support for home automation

Cons

• Strict cancellation policy
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Vector Security offers three plans with varying levels of wireless technology. Although its cancellation process isn't ideal, the company provides an excellent warranty, and the home automation support is a huge positive.

Top Vector Security Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I am extremely pleased with the quality of service that I get... They listen and give you a security system that will exceed your expectations. The owner is very good at helping y...

Verified

… Excellence with customer service, friendly, and professional. They explain everything I need to know. Help me with anything I need. My children were nervous without having an al...

What is Vector Security?

Vector Security is a home alarm and surveillance company. All systems include professional monitoring services from Vector Security-owned and -operated monitoring centers. Monitoring contracts range from 36 to 60 months. You can use mobile devices to access live video surveillance.

You can sign up for Vector Security by calling to schedule an appointment or by ordering online. A Vector Security representative will set up a time to come and install the system for you.

Vector Security prices

Upfront equipment costs start between $0 and $149, depending on the package you choose. Monitoring fees range from $44.95 per month to $69.95 per month. There’s no extra charge for professional installation.

Vector Security monitoring costs are pretty average when compared with other home security companies. To learn more about the pricing on Vector Security’s equipment, it’s best to contact Vector Security over the phone and request a quote.

To see how costs compare against competitors', consider Vector Security vs. Guardian Protection, Ring vs. Vector Security, Vector Security vs. Frontpoint and Vivint vs. Vector Security.

Vector Security packages

Vector Security has three home security packages. The Essential Security plan is the simplest and most affordable plan. Both the Home Automation and Connected Home packages offer smart-home support and integration. The Connected Home package is the most extensive and comes with additional equipment.

• Essential Security: Vector Security’s starter package comes with a wireless control panel, three door and window sensors, the Vector Security app, yard signs and window decals.
  • Home Automation: This package incorporates video surveillance. The footage is streamable through the app.
  • Connected Home: This includes standard starter equipment, an indoor camera, a smart thermostat and a smart door lock.

Additional Vector Security equipment

As with many other home security companies, 2GIG makes Vector Security’s equipment. The 12-point false alarm reduction works to reduce the number of times a nonemergency is reported as an emergency.

Some of Vector Security’s equipment includes:

• Carbon monoxide detection
  • Panic button
  • Medical alert

Vector security FAQ

Where is Vector Security available?
Vector Security is available to residents of the following states:
  • Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
Is Vector Security compatible with the Amazon Echo?
Yes, you can integrate Vector Security with the Amazon Echo, allowing you to use voice commands to control your security system. Vector Security’s products are also compatible with Google Home and use Z-Wave technology.

Vector also has several home automation options if you purchase the Home Automation plan or the Connected Home package. You can manage the system using the Vector Security app, Google Home or Amazon Alexa. Features include:

• Event-triggered automation
  • Thermostat control
  • Lighting control
  • Appliance control
  • Electronic door locks
How do I cancel Vector Security?
If you want to cancel service, you must send a 30-day cancellation notice to a Vector Security local branch. If you cancel before your contract is up, you will likely be subject to penalties such as equipment costs, an early termination fee and the costs for the remaining monthly monitoring fees.
Is there a Vector Security app?
Yes, there is a Vector Security app for both Apple and Android that lets you control and monitor your security system from your smartphone.

Is Vector Security any good?

Overall, Vector Security is positively rated by verified customers. We recommend Vector Security for its smart-home automation, strong warranty and relocation services. It also has a solid lineup of equipment.

The most common drawback mentioned in Vector Security reviews is the cancellation policy, which could be more lenient; however, as a whole, we still enthusiastically support its home alarm systems.

For more, see how Vector compares with our top picks for smart home security systems.

Vector Security Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2011

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

We had a brand new security alarm system installed on December 4th, 2021, by Vector Security in Poughkeepsie, NY. About a week after the installation, one of the window alarms did not function. We called the company and during a very busy time of the year, they were able to talk to one of their young technicians, OSMOND, about this issue. Osmond was very kind enough to volunteer and in spite of his busy schedule, took the time to go out of his way and come over to our house early morning and correct the issue.

Osmond is a polite, courteous and respectful individual, who was very competent. He not only replaced the defective alarm, he then tested everything in the system, explained how the alarm system worked, put signs outside the home and did a superb job all-around! We hope, Vector Security will recognize Osmond! Customer service is a critical component of any business and Osmond demonstrated how important it is to step in and take care of customers even when schedules get very busy! Thank you very much, Osmond and Vector Security!

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words about Osmond. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I chose Vector because I already had Vector. I am incredibly pleased with the services provided by Kevin. He explained everything to me in advance so that I had sufficient information to make my decisions. He explained everything at the end so that I could quickly and easily understand the system. What I was most impressed with, however, was how he understood what I needed and what would matter to me as he placed the cameras and armed the system. I have the appropriate views from the cameras and I feel that it is very much worth the time and expense. I have always been pleased with the service provided by Vector, but Kevin really took everything above and beyond the service level that I experienced before. It truly was outstanding, outstanding service. I feel much safer now. Thank you for sending someone so expert with the system.

Vector Security response

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I chose Vector Security because they are known for being one of the top companies in the world. This was a new installation for me, it was an amazing experience. My representative John was so awesome, very professional, prompt, courteous, patient and very understanding. He took the extra time to sit down with me to explain the system so that I understood it well before leaving. The cost of the security system was very reasonable vs the other security system (ADT) that I have had for over 4 plus years.

I left ADT due to the cost, once I tried to cancel then they wanted to lower the cost. I said no because I felt like that they should have reached out to me sooner since I had been with them for so long. I felt like I had been cheated all of these years and did not want to be a part of a dishonest company that would overcharge their customers. I am happy to have found Vector Security. I will be a customer from now on and will tell all of my friends. If you need a security company come on over here because this is the place to be.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Josh arrived promptly at the promised time, he also called 30 min prior to arriving. Josh was very nice and professional. He updated our system from a 2 Gig radio system to a 4 Gig system and he installed a new door lock with keypad. I was very please with his patience with me. He made me aware of the Vector App and helped me through the set up of the app. He also answered all my many questions and did not make me feel he was rushed at all. I really did appreciate that. He also took the time to make sure each of my less than 10 employees, knew how to use the new keypad lock and let each of them try it out before he left. Probably a couple of hours after he left my office, I had a few questions about some paperwork he left me. I texted him to ask him to call me back at his convenience as I had questions. He called me back almost immediately and answered my questions. Y'all need to hang onto him!

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words about Josh. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

We have been with Vector Security for many years and we always have good things to say about our service. Chris came today to install our new panel, replace the batteries and install a doorbell camera. Over the many years we have been with Vector I always request Chris to take care of our system. I asked especially for him because he does such a good job, he answers all our questions when showing us how everything works, he is very nice and courteous and we feel very comfortable having him in our home. He cleans everything up before leaves and makes sure we are satisfied with his work. We have always had great experiences with Vector they respond very quickly and it is a pleasure to deal with their employees. We highly recommend them.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your compliments about Chris. We're glad you're happy with the service you received. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer that signs with us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

We need batteries in the wall Vector unit. We called for help and the rep told us they did not know how to open it. Please help us in telling us how to open the unit to change the battery. The beeping continues. That you.

Robert and Cathy

Cathy,

Thank you for your feedback. We are forwarding your comments to our team for follow up. We appreciate your patience as we look into the matter. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Nick was Awesome! He was on time, actually little early, professional, knowledgeable, and friendly demeanor as well. Very good technician and completed work neatly and a timely manner as well! Really like the Vector App and cameras. Great picture quality and user friendly too.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Very pleased with our salesman Rick. Would definitely recommended Vector Security for friends and family. Curtis our tech was great with explaining our needs. I wish we would of done this sooner. I had many security companies prior to Vector giving me quotes very happy with your pricing. Thank you Vector Security!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I chose Vector as I was dissatisfied with the security company I had. A neighbor, who is a retired FBI agent, recommended Vector. I felt this was an excellent recommendation so I switched. I'm very happy with Vector as they responded within minutes when they receive an alarm. Today, I needed a Certificate of Monitoring Certificate for my home insurance company. Davenna ** responded immediately. Great service!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I choose Vector because they were a very good company, but recently it has changed. My doorbell camera have not working now for 4 months. I put in two trouble tickets, the first one no one responded, the second someone called and left a msg that I couldn’t understand the msg. I really wish I can get this taken care of soon. Thank you!

Phyllis,

PA
    www.vectorsecurity.com

Media

AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
    2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)