Call toll free
4.88/5
Based on 3,459 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ranked #4 among the top home security system providers in the United States, recognized as #1 in security by SDM Magazine and the 2016 Installer of the Year by SSI magazine. Vector Security® provides security and home automation systems to nearly 300,000 homes, businesses, and multi-site enterprises. With services tailored to fit each customer's needs, we offer everything from alarm monitoring and video surveillance to personal emergency response and energy management.

Vector Security Gallery (6)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More
Accredited
Toll free number

9006 Vector Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 23, 2019

Vector Security inherited my account from its acquisition of Security Associates. I was an original customer of CV Security. My interaction with Vector was very good. Badi ** is my salesperson. We were able to communicate easily and set a meeting quickly. Badi's work with me went well into the evening as we completed our sales contract and structured all for installation. His patience and commitment was very good that evening. Scheduling the installation was very efficient. I received a call the next business day to schedule. Jennifer was very nice and as accommodating as possible.

The installation went very, very well. After getting a call the evening before and being told that my scheduled installation for 7am was pushed back to 10am-12Noon, I was a little irritated given that I set my work and family schedule for an early arrival. Peter ** was my installer and he was just fantastic. Peter first alerted me that the schedule change was out of his control as he was required to attend a corporate meeting. Peter was very good and gracious as he entered my home.

He was very clear and precise in setting expectations and explaining how the installation was going to take place and the amount of time it was going to take, and nuances that weren't explained during the sales process (e.g. my doorbell was a bad angle might require wiring adjustment if the install didn't meet my expectations.... I purchased the "round" doorbell camera and it wouldn't have fit in the space available. Peter walked me through the pros and cons of wiring, adjustments, and using the rectangular new camera to meet my goals). Peter clearly explained the function and operation of the 'repeater' and how such could also serve as a light-timer if needed.

Further, I decided to get a third small panel for my basement (I originally decided to only get 2 extra panels in additional to the main) and Peter was very accommodating, easily referring back to the sales contract for price execution and easily made the additional panel installation. Peter also executed repairs during the course of the installation. I called Vector earlier in the week to report malfunctioning sensors and was told that since I was getting an upgrade in a couple days, it would be easier for the installer to make the repairs. I'm not sure if this was communicated to Peter, but when told of the promise, he quickly diagnosed the exact problems with the sensors, explained why they weren't working, made the repair, and seamlessly continued through the installation.

Lastly, I ordered a 'brass' remote keyless entry system, but there were no brass colored locks on Peter's truck, just stainless steel. After a discussion with my wife and Peter's well advised help, we were able to move forward with installing the stainless steel remote door lock system. Upon completion of the installation, Peter patiently sat down, loaded the app on my phone and logged into my computer to complete the initial settings and explain the functionality of the keypad and new system. All in all, I was very, very impressed with Peter's commitment and dedication to his work, and also his manner and sensitivity to my wife and kids. Peter worked until almost 10pm to complete the job. You have a star in Peter and I wish all of my home contractor experiences were as effective and delightful as mine with Peter. Please don't hesitate to reach me for more information.

Vector Security response

We’re glad to know you are happy with the service you received. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Firstly I chose Vector because my manager has Vector & has a very good business relationship with Rick. So I knew she wouldn’t recommend something if it wasn’t a good idea. I called Rick to see what kinda of bundle he could get me into with my budget. As a first time homebuyer a lot of things are scary and I’ve never had a security system in my whole life so I was worried I wasn’t going to be able to get a good deal. Which I was very wrong. Rick heard me out and listened to everything I wanted with the budget I had. Set me up with a great deal.

I just had my security system installed Friday with Shawn ** and he did amazing with the set up, explaining and showing me where everything was and what it exactly does. I had a lot of questions but once he started explaining everything and showing everything I didn’t have one question to ask. He treated me like an actual person and not just a dollar sign like many companies out there do. He showed he actually cared about me feeling confident in the product and made sure I had no questions unanswered. 10/10 recommend Vector as a security company and recommend Shawn as a technician for the future customers.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have been associated with the retail asset protection/loss prevention/security profession for over 40 years at the highest level. Therefore, I am very familiar with the Security Alarm Systems segment on a business level as well as a residential level. It should also be noted that I give very few references for service! I have been a Vector Security customer for over 15 years and have had many competitors try to lure me away with the promise of saving a few dollars. I listen from time to time as any smart consumer would, but I simply could never justify the switch.

The service has been superior! It all started with an emergency installation that was done during a blizzard. My account rep “Gayle”, from the Geneva, Ohio office, supervised a very difficult install during extreme blizzard and subzero weather conditions while I was in AZ. Since then I have never had a service issue and their Central station’s response has been unbelievable! Very prompt, every time! Their people are extremely personable, polite and courteous. All of them!

I recently called the Geneva, Ohio branch office to ask about my account. It was nothing that important and I so stated. The person who took my call was once again, fantastic! The Branch Manager, “Brenda”, returned my call promptly and was incredible! I was not expecting any urgent reply because I stated I was in no hurry. Brenda and her office exceeded my highest expectations in customer service. She was very genuine, honest and sincere! What else could you ask for?

After my conversation, I was so impressed “again” that I just had to go online and post this review! Thank YOU, Vector Security!

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

For over thirty years, I have been the CEO of several worldwide corporations. Throughout my business life, I have always had a great respect and admiration for people who display qualities which guarantee their success as assets to the companies for whom they work. During my ongoing contact with Ms. Tracy **, I have always found her to exemplify all of the skills and attributes that I look for in all of my upper management personnel.

For the past twenty plus years I have had four or more accounts with Vector Security, and Tracy has continued to oversee the handling of all of my requests and concerns with skill and efficiency, and she is absolutely delightful to deal with by phone or e-mail. It has certainly been proven to me that no one could do a finer job than Tracy in training and overseeing the twenty-five employees under her personal supervision in the Princeton office. Each and everyone of her staff clearly displays the knowledge, graciousness and enthusiasm to always “get the job done,” and those traits are a definitive reflection of Tracy’s extraordinarily fine teaching skills.

Customer satisfaction unquestionably remains Tracy’s ultimate goal, and she flawlessly achieves that by providing your clientele with first-class service, and acting as the perfect role model for her entire staff to follow. During these flourishing economic times, it is even more important than ever to acknowledge those people whose exceptional work ethic places them in a league of their own.I truly believe that Ms. **’s superb performance as your General Manager makes her worthy of such accolades. I am certain that is why Tracy has remained a trusted employee of the Vector Security company for the past twenty-six years. I hope that Ms. ** will be recognized and commended for her outstanding levels of competence, dedication and professionalism.

I also want to note, that with all of the administrative changes that Vector Security has undergone over the years, Ms. Tracy ** remains the only reason that I have continued to remain with Vector to satisfy all of my security needs. I am constantly being solicited by other reputable companies that are price competitive and are offering me state of the art equipment free of charge, but I will forever remain loyal to Vector and my relationship with Tracy.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words, especially about Tracy. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have been a VECTOR customer for 6 years & have always been very pleased with the alarm service. This review is for customer service after other equipment was to be installed. It turned into an ongoing problem with the service & billing that was now into 4 months unresolved. Due to several phone calls, long phone wait times, leaving messages as the recording prompted, messages not answered in the 24 hour window that it was stated they would be & being transferred all over the place (including Pennsylvania) I was about to cancel the service.

I decided to try one more time before cancelling & was connected to Sally. Thanks to Sally this issue that was allowed to continue for 4 months was resolved in a matter of days. Her follow up is amazing! What she said she would do she did. Sally is an MVP (Most Valuable Personnel)!!! If not for her I would have pulled both accounts. With the resolution of the problem I decided to stay with VECTOR & Sally's professionalism is the reason why. I see her as a strong asset to customer retention for VECTOR. It should not have taken all this time. It is now resolved thanks to Sally. I would score the 4 months of customer service BEFORE Sally with 1/2 Star. I give Sally 5 Stars! Under "Tell Us More" my stars are based on the total experience that spanned 4 months.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: May 24, 2019

We have been very happy with Tim ** as our rep & Rich ** as our Tech. We felt they had our safety as a concern & they took excellent care of us. This is our 2nd Vector system - the other being on our former home. We hope the new owners stay with Vector. Many thanks!

Original review: May 24, 2019

We’ve had Vector Security at both locations for some time now and it's been great. Our technician Scott that was out for the week doing the lighting test and installation of the new system for the panic buttons was GREAT. He was very knowledgeable and helpful with the new panel.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Fast and professional service. Made sure existing devices worked properly then installed new devices. Made sure I had no additional questions. Very satisfied with the work that William did. The sales rep also did an outstanding job and exceeded my expectations. Thank you!!!

Original review: May 24, 2019

I have been a customer of Vector for years! Had security system as well as cameras! Simply the best! Made switch to them from another company and I have NEVER REGRETTED DECISION. THEY ARE SIMPLY THE BEST!!! From installation, to customer service to alarm notifications.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Vector is one of the few companies that come out in a timely manner and fixed the problem efficiently. This has not been our experience with any other repair. Vector detected the problem, notified me and made the repair in less than 24 hours. Darrell did a great job.

Original review: May 23, 2019

My camera was not sending me all the notifications for the recordings, or rather it was sending me the notification but no video clip. The tech that came out, explained that there were a lot of clips that came in at that time, and the upload speed could have been too low to send the clip. He installed a WIFI extender to help with the signal of my camera, in my back yard. I’m very thankful for Vector. They come right out when there’s a problem and explain everything in a user friendly manner.

Original review: May 23, 2019

We chose Vector because our daughter had them for 30 years and she was happy with them. They were here for several hours and through the entire system with us. They took their time explaining their products and features especially the app and how it works. We had our daughter come and download their app so she can keep track of our house as well. They were very professional and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Original review: May 23, 2019

Worked with Vector in the construction phase of GL homes. Not from Florida, was unaware of Vector. In NY our home and office protected by ADT - like the services Vector provides. Installer, Rod, was fantastic - did an amazing job - clean, prompt, explained all details.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Simon was great, Nick was too. The deal was amazing. I love my service and the employees were very professional. I would recommend Vector to family and friends. Also, I really like the cameras and the view. Very clear and procise. The vector app is very easy to use as well. Very user friendly and easy.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Overall Vector was a good choice. The only thing was the system that was in our home was bit out of date. It took longer than anticipated to set up the security system. All in all, the tech was good and the sales rep was very helpful and responsive.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I was having trouble with my camera system at the firehouse. I called vector and was pleased at the way I was greeted on the phone. They set up a service the technician came out identified the problem and ended up replacing two cameras on my system. The technician was very knowledgeable and friendly. I am very satisfied with the service for today!

Original review: May 23, 2019

Long time customer with Vector Security. Installation went smoothly. Rich was very professional, friendly, and provided clear guidance every step of the way. I would recommend Rich to other customers for proper installation of the system. Upgrade is a nice addition.

Original review: May 23, 2019

My technician called to let me know when he was arriving and arrived on-time. He was very courteous and patient with answering my questions. My system was repaired in a timely manner and I learned how to by-pass sensors if needed. I’m thankful I had the system warranty!

Original review: May 23, 2019

We have never had any problems with Vector. We have always been very satisfied. They've always been prompt when we needed a battery. I'd recommend them to anyone. When I first had the installation done, they were the one that was available to come out immediately. When you're in the need of a system, you need a company that can be out then and there and not make you wait a month or two.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Had technician out to troubleshoot my video system. A previous technician told me I needed to buy some products online to better my WiFi signal. The technician today, Nick, assures me I did not need to do that all. He created recording windows and set up notifications, even confirmed they worked on my phone. It’s nice to know there’s still honest people out there. Nick was exceptionally great!

Original review: May 23, 2019

We have had Vector since 2003. The system needed an upgrade because of age and technology. The two techs were very courteous and clean. They instructed me on how to use the new system and answered any questions I had.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Serviceman check out all our issues. Replaced Panel, multiple devices, batteries and tested it all. Then added some devices we requested. Thanks for the timely and thorough inspection. Even spoke with our patients and made them feel at ease as he darted about checking everything out.

Original review: May 23, 2019

My technician called promptly before arriving exactly on time. He not only fixed the problem sensor, but identified one other that needed replacement. Very efficient and courteous. Didn’t waste any time so he was in and out on a very timely basis.

Original review: May 23, 2019

We were having break-ins in our area 10 years ago, so my husband and I definitely decided to go with Vector based on recommendations from others. We have been completely satisfied. One can always reach a tech to walk you through any rare instances. We don't have many issues with the system besides batteries getting weak. We have always recommended our family and friends to Vector, and they have never changed to another company.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security; we appreciate recommendations from satisfied customers like you. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: May 23, 2019

We love our Vector system and the security it provides. It keeps our home safe and helps keep us safe and secure. In our part of town we need the best security and we have it with Vector. There is not a better company with better people.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Had a communication issue at my workplace, tried resolving myself and I couldn’t. Vector sent out Nick ** who came in and diagnosed the issue quickly and efficiently. He got the system back up and running, sent a few signals to verify proper operation and even showed me a few things I could do in the future.

Original review: May 22, 2019

We chose Vector as it was the preferred security company for GL Homes' Seven Bridges community. From the introductory meeting upon purchase of our home, to the installation of equipment and explanation of how the system works, all representatives of Vector Security demonstrated patience and professionalism.

Original review: May 22, 2019

We had Vector Security at our previous home. Our daughter has Vector Security also. Now we have moved into a new home and had Vector Security come out and update the existing system in the home. Josh was the installer and got us hooked up and safe and secure!

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: May 22, 2019

Mother in law referral, had put rehashed system from Vector Security and loved it that is why we purchased a system from them a few years ago. We are very pleased and very satisfied with the performance of the system as well as the sevice technician and department provide excellent service.

Vector Security response

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Tech called me when he was en route, when he arrived he asked me what all I was having issues with and was very professional. He also should me how to arm and disarm my system for when I am at home and when I’m leaving. Tech fixed my problem and I am very happy.

Vector Security response

We’re glad you are happy with the service you received. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Vector Security expert review by Ben Mannes

Pay $0 down with choices of 3 security and automation packages starting at $39.95 a month. Systems are professionally installed with 3-year contracts and home automation options.

• Lifestyle solutions: Vector Security works to customize home alarm solutions to fit your lifestyle, with options for singles, seniors living alone, empty nesters, families and couples.

• Varied tech offerings: Vector Security has several optional extras, including energy management, home automation, two-way intercoms, personal emergency response (push-button support) and more.

• Video surveillance: Vector Security offers multiple video surveillance options. Customers can view live video or recorded video and can also elect to add video monitoring to their plan.

• Medical alert: Vector’s Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) offers monitoring that can send for emergency medical personnel with the push of a button. This service will be especially appealing to older adults and those that live alone.

• Home automation: Consumers can choose several home automation options when setting up their security system. Vector offers tools to help with energy management and to ensure doors are locked when the homeowner is away.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Vector Security Company Information