Call toll free
4.84/5
Based on 3,340 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ranked #4 among the top home security system providers in the United States, recognized as #1 in security by SDM Magazine and the 2016 Installer of the Year by SSI magazine. Vector Security® provides security and home automation systems to nearly 300,000 homes, businesses, and multi-site enterprises. With services tailored to fit each customer's needs, we offer everything from alarm monitoring and video surveillance to personal emergency response and energy management.

Vector Security Gallery (6)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

7143 Vector Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

One of my friends referred me to Vector Security. He had nothing but good things to say about his security system. So far Vector has been excellent with me. Devin was installation technician, he showed up when he was supposed to and was very knowledgeable. I give Vector and Devin 5 stars.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Wonderful, will tell others about Vector. The Tech show up early and worked with confidence. Seems to know what he is doing. He check things he wasn’t even there for. Thank you very much. I was headed back to work before I knew it.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I heard of Vector from my Uncle, Rick, who works with Vector. I am very, very satisfied with how the installation went! Gary was very friendly and helpful with all the information I needed and was very kind to work with. Overall, I am greatly impressed!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Just like to thank Vector Security for sending a wonderful Tech. Anthony from Vector in the Poughkeepsie office was so wonderful, sweet and so professional. He did a great job. Wish every technician was so nice to work with and so professional.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I’ve a Vector Security for the last twenty three years. And I have been very pleased with Vector Security services. I was very impressed with the technician, Peter **. He did a great job on explaining everything he was going to do, I was very impressed with his arrival time. He was at my house very early and ready for installation. He conducted himself as a professional. He made sure everything was installed properly and to my liking. He took proud in his work and even offer to clean his mess.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

We love our Vector system and all it allows us to do in keeping our home safe. It will always let me know if someone is coming in the house. The people are great. Also there are so many features and they will help you to use everything you want to keep you protected and safe.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Vector has provided protection for our home for 10+ years. They are responsive to our requests and provides support in a timely manner. We recently submitted a service request, but were unable to meet the technician at the prescribed time due to an unforeseen emergency. The technician, Terry, made several attempts to contact me and agreed to return to our home once he completed his other assignment for the day. He was very personable and seemed committed to meet our request before his holiday schedule became overbooked. A++ service.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Very pleased with the Vector Security alarm and service. Had the alarm service for a good amount of time no many issues other than the batteries and when called the monitoring company they have always been very nice and helpful. Happy with the alarm and service.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

We have had Vector since 2000 and just added cameras. The tech and service have been great. The ladies in service were very helpful and the tech went above and beyond to make sure everything worked to our satisfaction and his. Thanks for great service!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I have been a customer of Vector for quite some time, my neighborhood has been falling downhill so I decided to go with Vector to get my new camera system, Frank the sales man was very friendly and knowledgeable. Both Gary and Greg were great techs and were very helpfully in fixing my networking issues. And I will definitely recommend you guys to others. Awesome job!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Chose Vector to have my new home installation because that have my office and previous house. Their service and availability is excellent. The new installation at new residence went extremely well. They were also very patient teaching me how to use the newer updated system.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Can't say enough about my Vector System. It gives so much peace of mind in knowing that my home is secure and safe. And the wonderful people that come out and check the systems always go the extra mile to take care of the system.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Tech was on time. He helped us use the system extremely well. He did a follow up with us. He showed us how to use the app and the online portion of the system. We are very pleased with the system and hope to stay with Vector security for years to come.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Love my Vector System and the people that are behind it. There is always great service and the people that are there to answer the phone if you have an alarm are always nice and helpful to get anything fixed. The people that come out and service it are great and always going the extra mile to help you feel safe and secure.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Love my Vector System. It helps me to feel safe and secure in my home when I am there and when we are out knowing the home is secure and the animals are safe. It is a huge peace of mind knowing it is there and the people behind it are always fast to respond if something is going on.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Our original system was installed in 1999. In November 2018 we upgraded the system. Robert ** did an outstanding job installing the upgraded system and providing the additional operator instructions. Vector Security can be proud of having Technicians of Robert's technical and customer satisfaction skill level on their staff.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Robert. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I have been a Vector customer since 2008 and when I wanted to update my system, I chose Vector. The technician, Peter **, was pleasant and guided me through the process in terms I understood and the options available with professionalism and great knowledge of the products available. I would definitely recommend Vector to my friends or neighbors.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Peter. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We moved into a house that had an ADT security system. However, we wanted to use Vector for their superior service and customized security. Dave came over quickly to our home and made necessary improvements to ensure our security. Steven then worked diligently to install the system in one day. We had Vector security in our previous home and we continue to be impressed by the company.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about our team. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Don ** was great! He was on time, very professional, and fixed the problem immediately. I highly recommend Vector. We installed the security system when we built our house and have been very pleased. Whenever the alarm has gone off, the call center has been extremely prompt and the personnel are always great. The few times we have had a problem, they have been so easy to deal with, and the service is exceptional. This all gives my family peace of mind.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Don. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Tech did excellent job reconnecting magnet to windows and identifying volume problem on console. Replaced 8 magnets and submitted request to upgrade system based on maintenance plan. Tech arrived on time and provided great service.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I used to have a different company servicing my home and family. The previous company’s service was not satisfactory but I’ve switched to Vector Security and it has been a pleasant and welcomed surprise. Peter ** who Installed my new Security system was knowledgeable, efficient and professional. He even made some suggestions to help protect me and my family. He made sure we were very comfortable with the new system. I will definitely recommend Vector Security to my friends and family.

Vector Security response

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We're glad you're happy with our service. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I have been a Vector customer for over 20 years and am very satisfied with their service. We needed an upgrade to our system and asked vector to do the upgrade. The installer was very knowledgeable when showing me how to use the upgraded system.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

My parents have had Vector for about 3 years and they have been very satisfied, they referred us to Vector so we decided to give it a go. My installation technician was Devin, he was on time, and very professional. Five stars all around the board. Such a great technician.

Vector Security response

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I spoke with Gayle **. Gayle ** was awesome. She took care of my issue within 5 minutes while maintaining the security of the system. She has been awesome from day one. Anytime we have a problem, she takes care of it right away.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Gayle. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Jeff did a great job today because he is knowledgeable, efficient, and kind. He deserves a reward of the highest kind. We have had Vector several years and had few problems. I will request if I need service in the future. Thank you for the great work Jeff.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Jeff. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I've been a loyal customer for 14 years and have been very pleased with your service and equipment. Your customer service is great as well. Your techs are very helpful and knowledgeable of their work and company protocol. Today I added doorbell camera and outdoor camera to have a more peace of mind for security. The tech also checked equipment for me.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Vector Security has the best staff in all of my encounters with security systems. All are friendly and will work with you until your problem is solved. The receptionist is the best... Very pleasant lady! She always has a smile on her face and ready to assist in any way she can. I wish some of the other companies would take lessons on how to treat a customer.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I chose Vector Security as a personal recommendation. The service has been good. And I have certainly felt more secure with that system. The technician's service has been without flaw. He was always prompt on his appointments. And always reviews all points. I'd recommend A.J. and I'd recommend Vector to any friend I have.

Vector Security response

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We rely on recommendations from satisfied customers like you; our ReferralRewards program can earn you incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Please contact your branch for details.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Michelle answered my call and was so professional, courteous and informative! I have been a customer for 12 years and will continue. I always recommend y’all to my friends. It’s nice to have courteous and knowledgeable people to speak to and work with. Thank you for taking care of our security needs!!!

Vector Security response

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I was VERY pleased with the support I received from Agata! She was extremely helpful in resolving my need for a certificate. The best part was I only left a voicemail message and she was able to assist without ever having to reach me. Thank you to Agata and Vector!

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Agata. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Vector Security expert review by Erin Raub

Pay $0 down with choices of 3 security and automation packages starting at $39.95 a month. Systems are professionally installed with 3-year contracts and home automation options.

• Lifestyle solutions: Vector Security works to customize home alarm solutions to fit your lifestyle, with options for singles, seniors living alone, empty nesters, families and couples.

• Varied tech offerings: Vector Security has several optional extras, including energy management, home automation, two-way intercoms, personal emergency response (push-button support) and more.

• Video surveillance: Vector Security offers multiple video surveillance options. Customers can view live video or recorded video and can also elect to add video monitoring to their plan.

• Medical alert: Vector’s Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) offers monitoring that can send for emergency medical personnel with the push of a button. This service will be especially appealing to older adults and those that live alone.

• Home automation: Consumers can choose several home automation options when setting up their security system. Vector offers tools to help with energy management and to ensure doors are locked when the homeowner is away.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Vector Security Company Information