Call toll free
4.85/5
Based on 3,281 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ranked #4 among the top home security system providers in the United States, recognized as #1 in security by SDM Magazine and the 2016 Installer of the Year by SSI magazine. Vector Security® provides security and home automation systems to nearly 300,000 homes, businesses, and multi-site enterprises. With services tailored to fit each customer's needs, we offer everything from alarm monitoring and video surveillance to personal emergency response and energy management.

Vector Security Gallery (6)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

7723 Vector Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I have complete confidence in the system that Vector Security installed in our house. I love knowing that if I leave the house that everything is safe and sound. The whole family is religious about checking to make sure the system is on at night also. We had a break in a few years ago before we had the system so everyone is relieved to have this system in place.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We've been with Vector for several years now following a home break-in. Every interaction we have had in our home, for sales and service, including today, was with courteous, swift, and knowledgeable field reps. Thanks for a great experience and for providing my family with a confidence that our home is being "watched over."

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I have had Vector Security in the past, and was always very satisfied. The girls at the office are very pleasant to deal with and have patience with me. The young man that came to my house was very nice. He called me to let me know he was coming, and he even waited for me to get back from my doctor.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

The tech that installed the security alarm on the inside lobby door had to search through a lot of old wires and the old alarm system to find the right wires to connect the new alarm system to. It was a timely process and he did an excellent job and now our lobby is secure.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I chose Vector because of their good reputation. They are always helpful when we call for service. They were extremely helpful with our cameras and the set up of our Alexa. Anthony is a great tech, and always so helpful and patient with us!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Just upgraded my system! Love using the app to arm and disarm the system! It’s especially handy to disarm from the car before carrying in groceries! The techs were on time and professional!! Had a slight issue with a motion sensor but it was acknowledged and addressed quickly. Everyone I talked with was awesome!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Very happy and will recommend to friends and families. Our tech was the best. Friendly, very knowledgeable and extremely professional. Would use him and recommend to all of our referrals. Installation had met our highest expectations. Very clean and explained everything in very great detail.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I’m delighted to write a note about how satisfied I am with the service our Vector Security technician, Nick, gave us. My system needed some repair and Nick thought outside the box when he learned of our problem. He found a practical and economical solution. On top of that, he came to our house within a few hours of my call asking for service. I think Vector is the best and will not hesitate to encourage others to give them a call.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Just moved into my new home and a Vector security system was already here. I CONTACTED Vector and a salesman came out to my home. The salesman helped turn off the constant beeping at the alarm panel. Today, technician arrived to work on my alarm system. He was courteous and professional. The beeping came from a low battery at the panel. The tech. Checked over the alarm system thoroughly. He ended up installing a new panel at no charge because the panel battery circuit did not work properly. Ended up adding a doorbell camera as well. Overall, I am pleased with Vector. And the alarm system works great as well.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I have had Vector Security for over 20 years and the experience has been great. My service technician today was awesome. He was very knowledgeable. He arrived before me and waited until I arrived home. Thank you Jesus. He fixed my problem and thoroughly tested the system to ensure there were no issues with the system.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Today I have had 2 cameras replaced due to age. The new 1080p cameras have a superior image and area of coverage, and are much brighter, clearer and sharper. Jason has a good personality and was very pleasant to work with, and the the work was done quickly and the results were very satisfactory.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was referred to Jeff by a friend and he did a great job explaining the features and answering all my questions during the sale. Peter was great. He arrived on time and was super professional for the entire install. He made sure to answer all the questions I had and I felt very assured.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Jason came to transfer our monitoring service. While here he went over the whole system, our computer, our cell phones and looked at our panel since I have been changing the battery annually. He suggested a power supply if condition persists. Jason tested system multiple times making sure everything worked as required. He asked us if we had any questions many times. We felt really comfortable after everything was done. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I chose Vector security due to their reliability and great reputation. The security cameras have amazing resolution and connectivity and the customer service was wonderful. I will definitely be using and recommending Vector Security in the future for all security needs.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Bunch of friends of ours are customers and highly recommended Vector for home security system. I was very pleased with the work performed by George. He was very clean and professional. He took the time to set up my phone for me. Helped me with my Apple account and took his time teaching me how to use the app and panel. Thank you for a job well done!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Vector has been working on our security system for over 15 years. It’s wonderful knowing that even though the company that has grown to its level, we are able to still maintain a confident relationship with Jason who has been our technician for over 15 years. As a consumer I know that he is familiar with my system and is able to fix any issue that arises.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Installation of our service upgrade was performed in a professional manner with attention to detail. Peter took the time to walk me through the new features of the system and its operation, he patiently worked through troubleshooting a relatively minor issue with my mobile phone. Peter and Astafa were both outstanding to work with.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My service was great and arrived early. They monitored and ensured that everything was completed. The tech was friendly and knowledgeable. He introduced his self. The job did not take long and even checked the other systems in the home. Great experience.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Longtime Vector customer. Very happy with the service Rick ** has provided over the years, and specifically helping us with our new system after we moved from our old house to a new one. Rick is always quick to respond when I have questions and goes above and beyond to help.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I choose Vector s\Security because it was the best in up to date material. I want a device where I can see who is coming to my house while I am not there. I also got an alarm system when I moved up to the city. Shortly after I moved to the city my door got kicked in. An alarm system gives me comfort and ease when I am not at my house.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I have been with Vector for 15 years or more! And during that time I have been completely satisfied with the service and also service with the technician and service of the security system. I am very grateful for being a part of Vector and will recommend future customers!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We could not go without our system from Vector. It helps us feel secure and safe in our home. Also the people that come out are just wonderful and always so nice and help in any way they can to check everything so the system is always working at its best.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We had ADT security and some young people were coming through the neighborhood going door to door swapping out alarm other alarm company equipment and saying it was an upgrade and in all actuality it was another company altogether. Although the new Vector alarm has been working okay no major issues just the practices of how it came to be installed with a little underhanded.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Have been a client for several years, we had Vector take over our former service provider when we updated our equipment and were referred to vector by Don ** of Alarm.com, Ben ** is our regional manager and had been great. Jeffrey ** was the tech for this service call and was extremely professional.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Vector Security is my alarm provider. I always use a reliable company so I decided to install cameras and home automation with Vector Security. I know neighbors try to do the installation by themselves but I think you need a company to back up your cameras and home automation.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Provided excellent professional service! My family and I can count on Vector Security to protect us in any situation with our house. We feel that the technology is up to date and reliable, for example the App is very easy to use and understand.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

My service tech explained what he was going to do and how this was going to expand my security capabilities. He showed me how to operate everything and how I could use my phone on using my system. Then he explained how I could add systems to my current use.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The security system was in the home when I bought it. Tech called ahead of time so I could leave work and get home for the appointment (system check, battery replacement). Good service from the technician.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Michael was amazing! Had the problem fixed in less than one minute! Very nice and personable. Knows the business and technology. Sold us some smoke detectors for monitoring and a Carbon Monoxide monitor also. And he is coming back to install it all tomorrow. Great customer service!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

My smoke alarm was tripping continual errors. Eli was the service rep who came to fix the issue. Not only did he fix the issue but was good enough to review the application setup on my phone... ensuring maximum use for my alarm! Couldn’t be happier!

Vector Security expert review by Ben Mannes

Pay $0 down with choices of 3 security and automation packages starting at $39.95 a month. Systems are professionally installed with 3-year contracts and home automation options.

• Lifestyle solutions: Vector Security works to customize home alarm solutions to fit your lifestyle, with options for singles, seniors living alone, empty nesters, families and couples.

• Varied tech offerings: Vector Security has several optional extras, including energy management, home automation, two-way intercoms, personal emergency response (push-button support) and more.

• Video surveillance: Vector Security offers multiple video surveillance options. Customers can view live video or recorded video and can also elect to add video monitoring to their plan.

• Medical alert: Vector’s Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) offers monitoring that can send for emergency medical personnel with the push of a button. This service will be especially appealing to older adults and those that live alone.

• Home automation: Consumers can choose several home automation options when setting up their security system. Vector offers tools to help with energy management and to ensure doors are locked when the homeowner is away.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Vector Security Company Information