Call toll free
4.87/5
Based on 3,431 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ranked #4 among the top home security system providers in the United States, recognized as #1 in security by SDM Magazine and the 2016 Installer of the Year by SSI magazine. Vector Security® provides security and home automation systems to nearly 300,000 homes, businesses, and multi-site enterprises. With services tailored to fit each customer's needs, we offer everything from alarm monitoring and video surveillance to personal emergency response and energy management.

Vector Security Gallery (6)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

8608 Vector Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 17, 2019

The guys re-established my service. I had a window of 12-4 for service. They ran into issues and the guys stayed until all issues had been resolved. Very Thankful for the crew that showed up. I would recommend Vector Security to a friend in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Service call for defective part. Ricky ** was professional and knowledgeable. I have been very pleased with my security system. I would recommend Vector Security to a friend or family member. All the employees seem to be very friendly And knowledgeable. I have been very pleased with Vector Security.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Our family chose Vector Security because of all the great things we heard. The technician was outstanding and extremely professional and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Vector to all my friends and family. They truly take care of their customers.

Original review: April 17, 2019

AJ ** was the tech whom came out to my home today for the installation. He was extremely knowledgeable and also introduced me to new add-on products that Vector offers for my alarm system. I was kinda skeptical about Vector until AJ arrived.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have had Vector Security for awhile now and have had no issues at all. I just had my cameras installed at the new building for my business and they cover everything I want to see. Overall it has been a great experience and the guys have been more than helpful and professional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: April 17, 2019

We scheduled the install and Curtis showed up and was great. Very friendly and very professional, he did a great job installing everything and he also did a great job explaining how to use the system and the app. We are very happy with Michelle too. She was the salesperson and she was very friendly and very helpful.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about our team. We look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have been a long-time customer of Vector Security in Lawrenceville, NJ, and recently ran into a problem with my telephone line and security system that would require an expensive upgrade to fix. I called Vector Security to complain, fully expecting to be brushed off, as so often happens with large companies. Instead, I was very pleasantly surprised to speak with Sandy in customer service, who genuinely sympathized with my position as a consumer, and quickly offered to try to help resolve my problem. As promised, Sandy called back the very next day with a solution that I am happy with. I think it's great that Vector has someone in customer service who made me feel valued as a customer, and who was so effective in solving my problem. Thank you!

Vector Security response

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We chose Vector Security because my husband uses them for other buildings and has always been pleased with their service. We also needed an update on our existing alarm and Vector was a good fit. They are prompt with returning phone calls and setting up service appointments.

Vector Security response

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Good service at a good price. Responsive, good maintenance with service contract. Technician was polite and thorough, very helpful. I asked him to take care of a few loose magnets and he had the parts available and was able to take care of it without issue. Great service!

Vector Security response

We’re glad to know you are happy with the service you received. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 17, 2019

The gentleman who installed the alarm was extremely helpful and did everything possible to make the process go smoothly. The salesmen weren’t as great. The first salesmen never showed up and the second one wasn’t willing to help us upgrade our home alarm without charging us even though we have been with Vector for over 10 years. We also just added the shop alarm so we are loyal customers with 2 separate systems. There should be some advantages to being loyal? Vector hasn’t shown me that...

Kim,

We appreciate your feedback and will share this with our team in an ongoing effort to improve our customer service. Thanks for your loyalty and have a great day!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I chose Vector due to the ads I saw on television. The installer Shawn ** was very professional and knowledgeable about the security and monitoring system. He took his time explaining things to my wife and myself. I would highly recommend Vector Security to anyone.

Vector Security response

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We rely on recommendations from satisfied customers like you; our ReferralRewards program can earn you incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Please contact your branch for details.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I inherited Vector from Franklin Security. But I’ve been happy to continue With Vector simply because of their service I get. And once again I am pleased to say my expectations were exceeded. Philip came out to do a CO2 inspection And it was more than happy To answer all my questions, even the ones about cameras which he was not here for.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: April 17, 2019

We chose Vector Security because we felt that they are the best security company in our area. I like that they cover their shoes with shoe cover every time they visit my house. We also like the very prompt service and also they are very courteous every time they are here.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Jim was prompt and professional. He made it clear what he was here to do and explained every question or concern I had. He discussed the app, and new panel with me, to where I feel confident about our new upgrade.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Jim. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Vector Security has been an outstanding company to work with. Their service personnel are great, their Salespeople are wonderful also. I would recommend them to anyone. Serviceman explained everything. We have had them for over 12 years. Very efficient and great eat to work with.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security; we appreciate recommendations from satisfied customers like you. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: April 17, 2019

The rep and his service exceeded my expectations - friendly, knowledgeable, and took time to explain the issues and the options. Definitely would recommend to a friend. Thank you for hiring guys like Jay. Robert **.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I was recommended by Vector Security through a friend of mine who is very satisfied with the company, the service and the product so I purchased an alarm system through Vector Security. Was very please with the installation and the services I've received since I've owned the alarm system. I would recommend Vector Security to a family Member or a friend.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have been a satisfied customer for many years. I would not deal with any other company, as the service and help I receive has always be outstanding. Jason is so cooperative and I would not consider having anyone else to help me when something happens. I would definitely recommend Vector Security to my friends and family.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I'm very satisfied with the service performed by Jason. He did not rush through, answered all my questions, helped with setting up notifications on the app and explained each item. I've had Vector Security for over 15 years and have always been pleased with their service.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Jason. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Friendly staff from salesman to installer techs. Everyone is up to speed with equipment and installation. I had a great experience with knowledgeable staff. Eli was professional with his installation and cleaning up and spending the time explaining every possible way to arm my security system.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Tony always does a great job. I was not onsite when he arrived but he was able to follow my instructions in retrieving the camera from my office and taking it to the correct spot to install. When I arrived at work and turned on the VMS the camera was up, working and the view placed perfectly. Tony is one of the best installers I’ve worked with over the many years I’ve been in charge of the camera security system at Pilgrims Nacogdoches. Please give Tony my Thanks again.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Tony. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Previously using for many years, never had a problem. Wanted to upgrade system with the same great and friendly service. Monitoring is always reliable and quite courteous when they need to call. The installation process is fast and the service times are quite dependable.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 16, 2019

I've had nothing but trouble with this company. Many false alarms. One went on for hours, one night about 3 am and lasted until about 5 am when I smashed the remote with a hammer. After that I never armed the system again. $44.99 per month for a system that doesn't work. Now I'm selling my house and they are going to continue to charge me for another year, $550 to get out of their "contract." I would give them a -5 stars. Byron in Alabama.

Byron,

Thank you for your feedback. We are forwarding your comments to your local branch for review. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we look into the matter.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I am very pleased with Vector Security. My installer Curtis did a great job answering all my questions and did a great job installing the security system. He was very nice and very knowledgeable. I would recommend him and vector security to anyone.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Curtis. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Showed up on time and great working habits. Matt and Brent are top of the line employees and show how to work my New system. I will tell the neighbors about Vector security system. Overall very satisfied with system and work done.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Matt and Brent. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Don arrived on time. He also called ahead. He was professional and courteous. He explained what he was doing. I learned a lot from Don. He is a great first face of your company. Please let his manager know so that he can be acknowledged.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Don. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have had Vector Security for a long time. I have been very happy with their service and have had a lot of luck with your sales man. Frank was very nice and informative.. The technician Gary was really great in setting up our system, our wife service is very slow in our home and he was able to get around it somehow and after several tries we were good to go... I will definitely recommend Vector to more people now that I see how hard the techs have to work to make the systems mesh together so well.. Thank you!

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: April 16, 2019

To begin, I would like to say thank you to Vector Security for sending me probably the best technician you have. Jim was on time, focused on his work, professional. It was an absolute pleasure working with him to upgrade our security system. Would recommend Vector Security as long as you have people like Jim in your employ.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Already have the system. Upgraded to wifi and added cameras. The upgrade was fast and it reliable. Already using it and it is fantastic. Would recommend it to any one concerned about security. Always professional. Customer for over 5 years.

Original review: April 16, 2019

All of my interactions with Vector Security have been very positive. They are nice, clear, and efficient, and provide excellent service. Ricardo came to service my system - just needed to replace batteries - and he was friendly and thoughtful (even automatically put on paper booties so he wouldn't track dirt on the floor). He was additionally helpful in showing me how to use the security system more effectively through the phone app. A smart, nice guy.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Ricardo. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Vector Security expert review by Ben Mannes

Pay $0 down with choices of 3 security and automation packages starting at $39.95 a month. Systems are professionally installed with 3-year contracts and home automation options.

• Lifestyle solutions: Vector Security works to customize home alarm solutions to fit your lifestyle, with options for singles, seniors living alone, empty nesters, families and couples.

• Varied tech offerings: Vector Security has several optional extras, including energy management, home automation, two-way intercoms, personal emergency response (push-button support) and more.

• Video surveillance: Vector Security offers multiple video surveillance options. Customers can view live video or recorded video and can also elect to add video monitoring to their plan.

• Medical alert: Vector’s Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) offers monitoring that can send for emergency medical personnel with the push of a button. This service will be especially appealing to older adults and those that live alone.

• Home automation: Consumers can choose several home automation options when setting up their security system. Vector offers tools to help with energy management and to ensure doors are locked when the homeowner is away.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Vector Security Company Information