Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.79/5
Based on 2,597 ratings submitted in the last year

For nearly 50 years, Vector Security has been a premier provider of intelligent security solutions tailored to the needs of the customer. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the company offers a full suite of electronic security services for residential, business and national account customers across North America and the Caribbean through a network of branches, authorized dealers and their ADS Security division. The Vector Security Networks division offers customized physical security and managed network services to multi-site commercial customers. Vector Security is a sister company of the Philadelphia Contributionship, a mutual insurance company founded in 1752, and currently provides cost-effective, technology-based security and automation solutions to nearly 386,000 homes and businesses across 58 branch locations.

Vector Security Gallery (6)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)

BOTTOM LINE

Vector Security offers three plans with varying levels of technology. Although the cancellation process is not ideal, their excellent warranty and home automation support are huge positives.

PROS

• Support for home automation
  • System relocation option
  • SecureCare warranty

CONS

• Strict cancellation policy

Top Vector Security Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Great service, technician is always patient and wants to do a great job each time he services my home, and he always does!! Technician is always on time and very professional, always satisfied with his work.

Equipment [is] easy to use and looks great. Highly recommend. Camera very clear picture. My installer and rep was very helpful and went out of their way for us. Happy happy happy.

What is Vector Security?

Vector’s basic package starts at $39.95 a month and each package, even the most basic, includes a SecureCare warranty that covers equipment replacement and service repairs at no extra cost. Vector also offers a SecureCare Plus package that provides the same benefits as the SecureCare warranty, plus free installation if you relocate, free inspections every other year, and free battery replacements. Vector Security will install your system for you. You can use mobile devices to access live video surveillance.

How does Vector Security work?

You can sign up for Vector Security by calling to schedule an appointment or by ordering online. A Vector home security representative will set up a time to come and install the system for you. To prevent voiding the warranty on equipment, a Vector technician will need to install any further updates. Vector Security professionally monitors each system and offers contracts ranging from 36 to 60 months.

Vector Security prices

The Basic Security plan is $39.95/mo, the Home Automation plan is $49.95/mo, and the Connected Home plan is $69.95/mo, meaning Vector Security cost is about average compared to other home security companies. Unfortunately, Vector Security pricing for equipment is not available on their website, so you’ll have to contact them to learn more.

Vector Security packages

Vector Security has three packages: the Basic Security, Home Automation and the Connected Home Package. The Basic Security is just what it sounds like — the simplest and most affordable plan from Vector. Both the Home Automation and Connected Home Package offer smart home support and integration. The Connected Home Package is the most extensive package and comes with additional equipment.

Basic SecurityHome AutomationConnected Home Package
Basic Security
Home Automation
Connected Home Package

Vector Security equipment

As with many other home security companies, 2GIG makes Vector Security’s equipment. The 12-point false alarm reduction works to reduce the number of times a non-emergency is reported as an emergency. To learn more about the pricing on Vector Security’s equipment, it’s best to contact Vector Security over the phone and request a quote. Some of Vector’s equipment includes:

• Door sensors
  • Event-triggered surveillance
  • Carbon monoxide detection
  • Panic button
  • Medical alert

Vector also has several home automation options if you purchase the Home Automation plan or the Connected Home Package. You can manage the system using the Alarm.com app, Google Home or Amazon Alexa. Features include:

• Event-triggered automation
  • Thermostat control
  • Lighting control
  • Appliance control
  • Electronic door locks

Vector Security FAQ

Where is Vector Security available?
Vector Security locations are chiefly in the eastern United States. Vector Security is available in:
  • Alabama
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
Is Vector Security compatible with the Amazon Echo?
Yes, you can integrate Vector Security with the Amazon Echo, allowing you to use voice commands to control your security system. Vector is also compatible with Google Home and Z-Wave.
How do I cancel Vector Security?
Admittedly, canceling a Vector home security system is a hassle. You must send a Vector security cancellation letter notifying them of your decision. If you want to cancel before the 36-month contract is up, you still have to pay 100% of your unpaid balance.
Is there a Vector Security app?
Yes, there are Vector Security apps for Apple and Android that let you control and monitor your system from your smartphone.

Do we recommend Vector Security?

We recommend Vector Security for their smart home automation systems, great warranty, and free installation if you relocate. They also have a solid lineup of equipment. The most common drawback mentioned in Vector Security reviews is the cancelation policy, which could be more lenient; however, as a whole, we still enthusiastically support their home alarm systems.

Vector Security Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: July 13, 2020

During a storm last Friday afternoon a lightning flash must have knocked out our fire alarm system for our condos. When I came home the Geneva on the Lake fire dept had just left due to the fire alarm sent to them. I called Vector and Linda put through to Matt in technical service. Matt assisted us with our problem and had the parts available to make the repairs. We agreed to wait until the storm went away and then we would make the repairs.

Matt met me on Saturday morning as we discussed on Friday evening. Matt worked out and repaired the problems with the system. Once he was done with repairs to the system a few board members along with myself were discussing clearing a large branch that had fallen across a driveway at our condos. All we could come up with was an old dull bow saw that would have taken us all day to cut up the fallen branches.

Matt came to the condos rescue when he brought out a battery operated Sawzall and started cutting through the branches like butter. Matt took an extra ten minutes or so of his Saturday to help us clear our driveway of all downed branches. We on the NorthCoast Landing Condo Association board wish to Thank Matthew Gersper for going Above and Beyond the Call of Duty and helping to clear the fallen branches and open up our driveway. Awesome job Matt!!

Dave, Dave, Kit, Robert

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words about Matt. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

In our area, we had a few choices for home security companies. Because this is not our primary home (live 2 hours away), we wanted a company that was easy to communicate with, responsive, and with local work presentation to be able to help us we were not in town. We have had nothing but a phenomenal experience with Vector. The most unique feature is the fact that there is a consultant who works directly with the customer, and is available At all hours for questions or concerns. Have never called a 1-800 number... all interactions go through our consultant directly who made herself available by cell.

Our consultant, Mary **, has been absolutely phenomenal. She made great suggestions on the system and some automation features that were important to us given that this is not our primary residence. She coordinated and was present for our installation since it had to be done during the week and we are only there on weekends. She has come by several times to check on the house, going out of her way to assist us with not only setting the system up but dealing with a few Issues With our house separate from the alarm system. She has offered to stop by to assist with things that have come up in our absence, and has done so well after the sale was completed. I would definitely recommend Vector (and Mary!) to anyone in the area.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

This morning around 8:30am, I opened my sliding back door and my Vector home alarm activated immediately. I quickly ran to the alarm pad and keyed in my security code to shut it off. Shortly thereafter, I received a call from Vector Security on MY CELL PHONE...I explained what I did and told them there was no reason to send the Police. They asked for my over the phone password which I had forgotten. They then sent the police. Having been a police officer myself...I was infuriated that Vector Personnel were sending the Police after contacting me on MY PERSONAL CELL PHONE vice the home phone that the alarm works off of. I went away furious with Vector and planned to call GL Homes about the problem.

Later around 11:45, I called Vector Customer Service and I talked with Agata who helped me. Through her investigation and listening to a tape of a woman (my wife is away) I am the only one at my residence, we realized that Vector had the wrong number for my residence and talked to someone from another home. Agata corrected the home telephone number on file, apologized for the error made and made me feel much better about Vector services. I guess the police were called because the woman that answered the wrong number must have stated no alarm went off at her residence and when they called my cell to verify, they got a completely different story.

Agata helped get to the bottom of the matter and was very polite, professional and extremely helpful. She restored my faith in Vector which had been shaken due to this incident. I commend her for helping and staying on the line until we figured out what had really happened. Hopefully due to her correcting the home phone number on your files, this will not happen again.

Donald,

Thank you for your feedback. We are forwarding your comments to your local branch for follow up. We appreciate your patience as we look into the matter. Please accept our apologies.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

My family has had Vector for a very long time, so when I was finally able to get an alarm system, there was no question who I would choose. Everyone at Vector has been BEYOND amazing in helping me with my EVERY question under the sun. Anne and Lauren have been the kindest, sweetest, and most pleasant to deal with. I swear I call every other day with another off-the-wall question (that they’ve probably already answered for me more than once lol) or some sort of unique situation I have that I need guidance as to what to do. They’ve always been so nice to me and have always answered every single little thing I ask. I’ve never felt rushed off the phone.

I can’t speak highly enough of this company and I’ve been telling practically everyone I can about just how great they are. Also, there has been absolutely ZERO pressure from them. I’d been in touch with them for a few months (yes, months) when looking into getting an alarm system. I had so many questions, but was just planning ahead because I wasn’t quite in a position to do anything at the time. Again, nice as they could be. Zero pressure and always answered my crazy questions thoroughly and with kindness. Again, I can’t recommend them enough!

Vector Security response

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

We have been a customer of Vector for about 5 years now and the service has been great! We had another example of excellent service this week. One of the our contacts on our basement door was causing issues when setting the alarm. I called the service center and, as always, they were polite and helpful, but could not resolve all the issues. They did help me get the alarm system set with a bypass of the trouble contact and had a service call scheduled while I was talking to them.

Jeff was the technician who came to my house. He was very helpful! He explained some of the issues that could happen with contacts (battery/magnet). When he arrived, I could not duplicate the problem I was having as it had been hit of miss since the first issue. But, he replaced the contact to be sure I would not have any issues moving forward. He also took a look in the panel and noticed that the large battery in there was 5 years old. He explained that if that were to fail, we would get a notification and someone could replace. But, the expected life of those batteries is 5 years and the cost was $40. He had a battery with him, so I just asked him replace given that we were at the expected battery life. We talked about other batteries in the contacts and how they all work. I tend to ask a lot of questions, and he was patient and very informative. Thanks to Vector and Jeff for your help this week!

Vector Security response

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Good Afternoon, my name is Whitney ** and I am with Coastal QSR Taco Bell. I just wanted to reach out regarding April **. She has been my contact since I have been assisting in the office and she is amazing! She is responsive, her follow up is amazing and she always maintains a positive approach even when I drown her in requests! Thank you April for being TACO-TASTIC!!

Vector Security response

We’re glad you are happy with the service you received from April. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Replaced door and had to replace wireless sensors. Tech was courteous and on time. Completed and checked out installation in record time. Charges for the service will be billed to us in next invoice. Have been very happy with Vector over the years. Always prompt to respond if we have an issue.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

It was a pleasure to welcome Ethan ** from Vector Security into my home. He was professional and very pleasant to talk with. Ethan wore protection and cleaned up the work area. I would highly recommend Vector and Ethan **.

Brenda **

Vector Security response

Thank you for your compliments about Ethan. We're glad you're happy with the service you received. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer that signs with us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Vector security today installed a new system and door lock for my wife and I. This is our first time owning an alarm system and we are very happy with it. The install went smooth, the installer Jon B from the Delaware office was prompt, efficient and knowledgeable. We will recommend vector to anyone looking for value and trusted quality. He was also very courteous using PPE for Covid safety.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your compliments about Jon. We're glad you're happy with the service you received. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer that signs with us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I had Vector Security and it was going well so I added the doorbell. It an easy process, they came out to my house, installed it and I was up and running within a few hours. I would recommend this service to my friends. Absolutely love being able to see who is ringing the doorbell and when my packages arrive!

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security; we appreciate recommendations from satisfied customers like you. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer that signs with us. Contact your branch for details.

Vector Security Company Information