Call toll free
4.85/5
Based on 3,300 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ranked #5 among the top home security system providers in the United States, recognized as #1 in security by SDM Magazine and the 2016 Installer of the Year by SSI magazine. Vector Security® provides security and home automation systems to more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and multi-site enterprises. With services tailored to fit each customer's needs, we offer everything from alarm monitoring and video surveillance to personal emergency response and energy management.

Vector Security Gallery (4)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

5723 Vector Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

We have a Vector alarm system and chose to have CCTV installed from Vector due to the professional installation and integration with the mobile app. The installer did an excellent job including working with me on placement of the cameras and ensuring the wiring was discrete and the areas were clean following his work.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Brenisha was super helpful and explained everything to me and then followed up with email. Really professional and friendly. So happy to have this figured out. We have security on 3 buildings and had a question about how they were being paid and Brenisha shared other information that was helpful. Thank you!

Original review: June 18, 2018

The technician Ray was very polite, professional and patient with the questions I had regarding our service. He installed the system within a timely matter and took his time explaining how the system works. He provided us with great service for our company.

Original review: June 18, 2018

My husband and I were very pleased by the work performed by George and Eli. They greeted us with a smile and Handshakes. Before any work was done, they explained all work that was going to be performed. We can't say enough how great they were and how well they worked. Even though our air conditioner wasn’t working and our house was almost 100 degrees, They both did their job great. We would recommend George and Eli to install any kind of security system to our friends and family. Thank you for your exceptional work!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Came to Vector as an American Alert customer. Recently opted for a system check/tuneup, during which, I was informed about the advantages of the newer wireless/cell communication security systems. Decided to upgrade existing system, and am considering adding some different sensor types, in the future, once I am confident about the operation of this new system.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: June 18, 2018

Been with Vector more than 25 years and since rampart. Mr ** was so helpful to explain things I needed to know. Always the best! I felt he was patient and completely knowledgeable about my system. He is friendly and helped me understand how I should handle resetting an alarm to find out which sensor is active to give the information to the technician.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Great service today at the tech provided great swift service. The tech came in the time frame described by the phone operator even calling before his arrival. The tech properly introduce himself before entering my home. The service did not take any time as it was only a battery replacement.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Vector Security was referred to me by a relative and I have thoroughly enjoyed the service. I have had the service for many years now. I have heard of other security companies but I am satisfied with Vector so I am not considering changing. Good service!

Original review: June 17, 2018

Excellent service! Our Development switched to Vector as part of the HOA. Phone assistance and technician have been wonderful. Always knowledgeable and helpful. Very efficient. I’d like to also mention that I have “assisted” many homeowners in this transition and Mr. Bill ** has been terrific! His work is very efficient and he has taken an interest in really caring. Thank you!

Original review: June 16, 2018

Greg did an amazing job explaining everything to me very clear and understandable so that I had no questions whatsoever about what I was getting. He took his time and showed that he really cares about his clients and put them first before anything. Thank you for an excellent experience with Vector Security.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have been a customer of Vector Security for about three years. I would say that whenever there has been any issues with system, Vector Security has been very responsive to address the issue. I would also recommend Vector Security to anyone looking for an alarm system.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Greg did a great job explaining everything to me and my wife. Gave us a great price and showed its excellent value in our security system. We fortunately moved in with a system that was in the home already and can’t wait to get it activated. Thank you!

Original review: June 15, 2018

Ease of transaction. Currently in home we purchased. Great staff - sales and install! Will definitely recommend company and services. Came back out next day to do a quick fix and all works so well... very pleased! Please let them know we are happy.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Today, I called for a verification of alarm monitoring document for State Farm Insurance. Document emailed by Holli and I copied it. This was a very efficient process, rather than mailing the document to us. Prior to having our system installed 10 years ago, we were burglarized. Thank you for the peace of mind we receive by having Vector Security.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Vector Security is the security monitoring company of choice of The Valencia Palms where I recently purchased a beautiful home from the prior owner. Agata was instrumental in helping us transition Vector's service to my home from the prior owner to me. She was friendly, helpful, took the time to knowledgeably explain the process and was patient in answering all my questions.

Agata showed sincere concern for my needs and immediately followed through with e-mailing me necessary forms and material. Indeed in my second follow up conversation with her, she prepared and e-mailed a needed document to me while I was still on the phone with her! It is rare to receive such outstanding service from any company and I believe that she should be acknowledged for her exemplary work. I am thankful to Agata for her help and thankful to Vector Security for having employed her as a representative of their company.

Original review: June 15, 2018

We have had Vector in our old home. Have always been pleased with the service. We moved to a new house and we decided to stay with Vector. Also my sister and my daughter have Vector. Serviceman we had was great.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Pleasant interaction, timely service call. And he checked one extra sensor nor minded the dogs! Thank you for the time. It was easy to make an appointment, The serviceman called as promised prior to arrival and called and arrived in timely fashion as promised...

Original review: June 15, 2018

Vector was recommended to me by a colleague because he is very satisfied by his service. The technician was very friendly and thorough with his explanations. The app is very user friendly and easy to use. I would recommend Vector Security to my friends and family.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Greg did a great job today explaining the overall expectation criteria. Along with going around and inspecting all my devices and ensuring that all my devices are in full functional mode. We discovered that one of my devices needs to be fixed. The review of all the new devices and upgrades that are available which I will discuss with my wife.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Today I had Jeffrey service and check out our entire system. He was here on time, explain thoroughly what he was going to accomplish and completed his work quickly. Our VECTOR system is four years old and it was time to have all the detectors batteries replaced in the system checked. And I am very happy to know I know all is well.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I've dealt with Vector for several years now and has always been happy with the service. I like that the same people come each time. I equate this to having the same relationship you have with a doctor. They know your system and make good recommendations.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I moved into my home a few years ago and the system was already here, l fell in love with system and the company, for whatever reason I call this company makes me feel like I'm a priority. The technician that came out was quite knowledgeable and professional. To my surprise my system had a bad battery and a new system was installed on the spot which made me very happy. I love "Vector Security".

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have had a Vector Security system for over 10 years and one of my wireless sensors went bad. The first person who came out was an installer of new equipment and didn't have the right sensor or wasn't knowledgeable about the system. The next service person was Jeremy **. He was so professional, knowledgeable and helpful. Employees like Mr. ** should be the face of Vector. He is awesome at what he does and possibly should be in a managerial role. Please pass on my appreciativeness for all his help today!

Original review: June 14, 2018

My daughter and son in law currently have Vector for their security. After calling several other companies, I found it to be the best value. Both Michele and Greg were friendly and helpful. The install didn’t take that long and the system was up and running quickly.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I chose Vector Security because Aziz (Salesman) explained all the advantages of this security company and I liked it. Roger (Technician), did a great job on the installation. This is my first time getting Vector Security and I’m a satisfied customer. Roger got great customer service, communication and his work is great. I will definitely refer my friends to this security company.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Rigel was an excellent technician and Stacy was excellent at sales. They were both really good at explaining everything and both were on time and punctual. Thank you for all your help and we look forward to using your products in the future!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Carl had to design a new modification to accommodate the Renewal by Anderson Windows I had installed with the screen sensors. He came out before the screens were ordered and carefully established that the system would work and then conscientiously installed them. He did an exceptional job -- high level of technical proficiency plus great customer service. Carl definitely helped make up for some of the other less than desirable aspects of dealing with Vector (weak follow up, screens took more than double the promised amount of time, billing for work that had not been performed, etc.). The rating for customer service is for Carl, not for Vector. I would give Vector 1-2 stars for customer service apart from Carl.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We chose Vector because when we bought the house there was already a Vector system installed and when the salesman came out he gave us the best price for a new system. Mike was prompt, efficient, and went through the system and explaining it in detail to my husband and I.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Very happy with Vector. Always ready to help. Prices very good. Agatha is a wonderful employee. Your installers are great. Nothing make me happier. Keep up the good work. Happy to recommend your co. to my friends. Thanks for being so good.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Agata. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 14, 2018

I have been trying to cancel my service with Vector. I have another service. I'm paying for 2 services because I can not talk to anyone that can help. I talk to a rude lady who put me on hold for over 30 min. Next step will cost me more to stop payment, and possible a lawyer.

Vector Security response

Michael,

Thank you for your feedback. We are forwarding your comments to our Dealer Division for review. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we look into the matter.

In the meantime, please visit

for information on contract cancellations.

Vector Security expert review by Erin Raub

Vector Security is part of The Philadelphia Contributionship, an insurance company founded by Benjamin Franklin, among others, in 1752. The company offers home security services in the Eastern and Southern United States and is known for its high-tech security and safety solutions.

• Lifestyle solutions: Vector Security works to customize home alarm solutions to fit your lifestyle, with options for singles, seniors living alone, empty nesters, families and couples.

• Varied tech offerings: Vector Security has several optional extras, including energy management, home automation, two-way intercoms, personal emergency response (push-button support) and more.

• Video surveillance: Vector Security offers multiple video surveillance options. Customers can view live video or recorded video and can also elect to add video monitoring to their plan.

• Medical alert: Vector’s Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) offers monitoring that can send for emergency medical personnel with the push of a button. This service will be especially appealing to older adults and those that live alone.

• Home automation: Consumers can choose several home automation options when setting up their security system. Vector offers tools to help with energy management and to ensure doors are locked when the homeowner is away.

• Best for: Homeowners, tech-savvy shoppers and hands-off consumers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Vector Security Company Information