Call toll free
4.83/5
Based on 3,267 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ranked #5 among the top home security system providers in the United States, recognized as #1 in security by SDM Magazine and the 2016 Installer of the Year by SSI magazine. Vector Security® provides security and home automation systems to more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and multi-site enterprises. With services tailored to fit each customer's needs, we offer everything from alarm monitoring and video surveillance to personal emergency response and energy management.

Vector Security Gallery (4)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

6124 Vector Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We are canceling the warranty because we choose to do so. As a consumer, we have a right to cancel without being put through this hassle of your procedures. The first time we called, we were told you only had one person taking cancellation requests and that person was not available but would return our call within 48 hours. REALLY????

Hi Norman and Lucille,

Thank you for your feedback. We are forwarding your comments to your local branch for review. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we look into the matter.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I chose Vector Security because you were recommended by friends. The techs were prompt and very personable. I enjoyed having them in my home. They took plenty of time with me to explain the details if the system. They respected my home and went to an added request without hesitation. I had asked them to disconnect an outside bell that opens the garage door. I will tell my friends how very satisfied I am with your company. They told me about a remote that can use for my convenience. I purchased one. I'm very happy... and now Dr secure!! Thank you.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

They were referred to us by our HOA. So far, service has been great. Sales was concise and helped get the price into our budget range. Installation was quick and painless. Explained all pieces of equipment and how they worked. Walked me through app. Answered all questions in a way that I could understand.

Vector Security response

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I just wanted to say that you guys have been nothing but professional and nice! Our tech Nick was very polite and knew exactly what he was supposed to do. Everything went well and we couldn’t even tell that he was here after he finished! Again great job and thank you!

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Nick. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Darrell, was very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. He was punctual and thoroughly assessed the security system to identify the issue. Once he did, he discussed my options with me and gave his personal recommendation, which I found to be very helpful. Overall, the service was excellent!

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Darrell. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Metty ** was great help today! Great attention to detail and went above and beyond to assist! We had to cancel service on a sold property and Metty helped. It assured us that we have the right company providing protection at our home. Thank you again!

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Metty. We're glad you are happy with the service you received. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The neighbor had recommended Vector Security because of the ability to do remote access with the alarm. Our alarm needed to tied to a phone line which could be cut by a pair of pliers and render the alarm useless. The Vector alarm system doesn't even use a phone line and it texts us when the alarm certain events or alarms happen.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been a Vector for about 4 years. I had a malfunctioning smoke/fire alarm last night and held for 20 minutes to be told that the earliest available appointment is 28 days away. I called for service today, held for 20 minutes, only to get the same answer with the explanation that the techs have "a lot of calls". I called the local number, but found it goes to the same queue as the toll free number. I selected sales this time and held for 43 minutes, despite the initial message that there was only one call ahead of me. When I finally spoke with someone, she explained that all reps had been in a meeting. This is a company that is obviously incapable of servicing either existing or potential new customers.

UPDATE 8/15/18:

Hello Robert,

We understand a representative has been in touch to resolve this issue. Thanks again for your patience and loyalty.

____________________________

Robert,

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We have been with vector for over 20 years. When we moved here we contacted vector to install at our home. There is rarely any trouble with our system. When there is a trouble Vector is "on it" immediately. Today the guy made it aware that I should have another co2 in my home. He gave me a great price to add it. He was very professional. Thanks for caring vector.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Hi vector alarm security. Thank you for all your info. Very easy and simple. I heard about you guys from friends. Glad I choose you. Gary was awesome for his service and was very pleasant. Thank you. I WILL DEFINITELY REFER YOUR SERVICE TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

Vector Security response

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We rely on recommendations from satisfied customers like you; our ReferralRewards program can earn you incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Please contact your branch for details.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I did not choose Vector Security. I became a customer when Vector Security bought the company that previously installed my system. I have had no problems with Vector Security since the acquisition. I would definitely Choose Vector Security in the future.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The technician was very helpful and explained everything prior to completing the service call. We have been very satisfied with the way that Vector Security has serviced our system and they have proved to be reliable and professional when they are here working on the system.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Agata was awesome. My insurance company wanted proof of service or they were going to increase the price of my coverage. Agata was able to provide me with the necessary documentation in a timely fashion and I was able to send it on to the insurance company.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The service with Vector is outstanding. I will recommend them to all family and friends. My rating experience with Vector is a five. Whenever we get ready to upgrade we will be more than glad to give Vector. The service I receive on today was very professional. Thank you very much.

Vector Security response

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We're glad you're happy with our service. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Vector has systems in a number of our buildings for the Abington Heights school District. They have provided quality service to us at our sites for a number of years now. The technicians are knowledgeable and has been a pleasure to work with.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I really enjoyed getting to know Kevin. Super nice guy and very experienced and professional. All in all a very positive experience! Kevin has been great to work with. Very professional and nice to have around. I would highly recommended Vector and Kevin to any one interested in install of a security system.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Kevin. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I chose Vector because I knew they were a reliable company and their customer service was one of their main priorities. They are quick to respond to customer's request. The installation went smooth and Nick ** was very skilled in his work. He was very quick to explain the system once it was installed. I would highly recommend this company!

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Nick and Vector. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Had some issues with the previous security provider. A neighbor had Vector alarm in their house and told me to try their services and see how they would for my home business. As observed it's been so far so good. Just have issues with batteries going low every now and then. That's been it for a few years now.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I just move to my new home and contracted Vector Security to install my system. On 8/13/18, Peter ** was sent to my house to install my system. He was very professional, and completed the installation on a timely manner. I will definitely recommend Vector Security to my friends and family who might need an alarm system.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Greg did a fabulous job hooking us back up. We moved from the area, now moved back to the same location and added on more features to our system and can't wait to get it installed, up and running. Very professional and personable and we've been with Vector for quite some time now, and people like Greg are the reason we choose to stay. Thank you Vector Security!

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Greg. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Excellent all the way through! Service on time and courteous. Been with Vector 16 years. Customer service has always been excellent. Would highly recommend to a friend. Did not try and upsell. Advised on parts we weren't using. Very pleased with Vector.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Greg did a fantastic job today. He came out and represented the company well. I feel very protected and secure with Vector Security. I can’t wait for my install so that I can show off my app to all of my friends. Thank you Vector!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

We were on a tight deadline as we were headed out of town on vacation, Jeff worked late to squeeze us into his schedule and got the job done. The work was neat and professional. Our system is working much better now. Thanks.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Jeff. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Had one already. Needed new smoke detectors and we wanted to be able to have system monitored but old system wasn’t able to be connected. So we went for the new system at this time. We needed a new backup battery and just decided to go with the newer system.

Vector Security response

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

We have used Vector for years and have been very happy with their service and system. Nick our technician was great today! We would definitely recommend to a friend or family member! Looking forward to using the system in our new home.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Casey and Frank were awesome, very helpful and knowledgeable. After they installed my cameras they made sure I was 100 percent comfortable with using and viewing them. I would definitely recommend Vector Security to everyone wanting a security system installed.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Vector Security has great service. We have had them for over 5 years, we have always had friendly techs who are very fast and reliable. Vector security is very dependable and dispatch is very helpful. My service tech today was Devin, true to Vector he was exactly how we expected, fast and friendly!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Totally satisfied. Qualified installer, no problems, gives me a very good service. Easy to use system and very reliable. I would recommend this security system to all my friends and family members. Website is very easy to use and intuitive. Service calls are always answered quickly and scheduling is very accommodating. I have never had the system go down or give me any false readings. Calling into the main base also gave me much information and help. Everyone is very knowledgeable.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

We have had Vector Security for a while now and we’ve had great service and great techs at our place. We called to have a tech come out to service our motion and Vector came back very quickly. Our service tech was Devin and he was nice and patient. He worked fast and now we’re all working again. Thank you Devin!

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Devin. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The technician did a nice job remounting the transmitter to my new molding. His attention to detail with uneven surfaces to conform around looked very nice when completed. He did a great job. Very happy with Vector Security. Will continue to recommend them.

Vector Security expert review by Erin Raub

Pay $0 down with choices of 3 security and automation packages starting at $39.95 a month. Systems are professionally installed with 3-year contracts and home automation options.

• Lifestyle solutions: Vector Security works to customize home alarm solutions to fit your lifestyle, with options for singles, seniors living alone, empty nesters, families and couples.

• Varied tech offerings: Vector Security has several optional extras, including energy management, home automation, two-way intercoms, personal emergency response (push-button support) and more.

• Video surveillance: Vector Security offers multiple video surveillance options. Customers can view live video or recorded video and can also elect to add video monitoring to their plan.

• Medical alert: Vector’s Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) offers monitoring that can send for emergency medical personnel with the push of a button. This service will be especially appealing to older adults and those that live alone.

• Home automation: Consumers can choose several home automation options when setting up their security system. Vector offers tools to help with energy management and to ensure doors are locked when the homeowner is away.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Vector Security Company Information

1970
2000 Ericsson Drive
Warrendale
PA
888-832-8671
www.vectorsecurity.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business