Call toll free
4.89/5
Based on 3,631 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ranked #4 among the top home security system providers in the United States, recognized as #1 in security by SDM Magazine and the 2016 Installer of the Year by SSI magazine. Vector Security® provides security and home automation systems to nearly 300,000 homes, businesses, and multi-site enterprises. With services tailored to fit each customer's needs, we offer everything from alarm monitoring and video surveillance to personal emergency response and energy management.

Vector Security Gallery (6)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Vector Security offers three plans with varying levels of technology. Although the cancellation process is not ideal, their excellent warranty and home automation support are huge positives.

PROS

• Support for home automation
  • System relocation option
  • SecureCare warranty

CONS

• Strict cancellation policy

Top Vector Security Reviews

06/17/2019

Very competitive pricing and pleasant staff. Informed us of progress through entire job. Detailed estimate showing every part of install. Great software interface to allow monitoring from a phone or a laptop … Would recommend to other people needing to install security system.

06/17/2019

Vector Security's service is very good. I am very satisfied with their products and I have no complaints. The people in the central station were very helpful when I had problems with my motion detector. They arranged for me to get a technician and one came immediately and fixed the problem.

What is Vector Security?

Vector’s basic package starts at $39.95 a month and each package, even the most basic, includes a SecureCare warranty that covers equipment replacement and service repairs at no extra cost. Vector also offers a SecureCare Plus package that provides the same benefits as the SecureCare warranty, plus free installation if you relocate, free inspections every other year, and free battery replacements. Vector Security will install your system for you. You can use mobile devices to access live video surveillance.

How does Vector Security work?

You can sign up for Vector Security by calling to schedule an appointment or by ordering online. A Vector home security representative will set up a time to come and install the system for you. To prevent voiding the warranty on equipment, a Vector technician will need to install any further updates. Vector Security professionally monitors each system and offers contracts ranging from 36 to 60 months.

Vector Security prices

The Basic Security plan is $39.95/mo, the Home Automation plan is $49.95/mo, and the Connected Home plan is $69.95/mo, meaning Vector Security cost is about average compared to other home security companies. Unfortunately, Vector Security pricing for equipment is not available on their website, so you’ll have to contact them to learn more.

Vector Security packages

Vector Security has three packages: the Basic Security, Home Automation and the Connected Home Package. The Basic Security is just what it sounds like — the simplest and most affordable plan from Vector. Both the Home Automation and Connected Home Package offer smart home support and integration. The Connected Home Package is the most extensive package and comes with additional equipment.

Basic SecurityHome AutomationConnected Home Package
Basic Security
Home Automation
Connected Home Package

Vector Security equipment

As with many other home security companies, 2GIG makes Vector Security’s equipment. The 12-point false alarm reduction works to reduce the number of times a non-emergency is reported as an emergency. To learn more about the pricing on Vector Security’s equipment, it’s best to contact Vector Security over the phone and request a quote. Some of Vector’s equipment includes:

• Door sensors
  • Event-triggered surveillance
  • Carbon monoxide detection
  • Panic button
  • Medical alert

Vector also has several home automation options if you purchase the Home Automation plan or the Connected Home Package. You can manage the system using the Alarm.com app, Google Home or Amazon Alexa. Features include:

• Event-triggered automation
  • Thermostat control
  • Lighting control
  • Appliance control
  • Electronic door locks

Vector Security FAQ

Where is Vector Security available?
Vector Security locations are chiefly in the eastern United States. Vector Security is available in:
  • Alabama
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
Is Vector Security compatible with the Amazon Echo?
Yes, you can integrate Vector Security with the Amazon Echo, allowing you to use voice commands to control your security system. Vector is also compatible with Google Home and Z-Wave.
How do I cancel Vector Security?
Admittedly, canceling a Vector home security system is a hassle. You must send a Vector security cancellation letter notifying them of your decision. If you want to cancel before the 36-month contract is up, you still have to pay 100% of your unpaid balance.
Is there a Vector Security app?
Yes, there are Vector Security apps for Apple and Android that let you control and monitor your system from your smartphone.

Do we recommend Vector Security?

We recommend Vector Security for their smart home automation systems, great warranty, and free installation if you relocate. They also have a solid lineup of equipment. The most common drawback mentioned in Vector Security reviews is the cancelation policy, which could be more lenient; however, as a whole, we still enthusiastically support their home alarm systems.

9559 Vector Security Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 23, 2019

Vector Security inherited my account from its acquisition of Security Associates. I was an original customer of CV Security. My interaction with Vector was very good. Badi ** is my salesperson. We were able to communicate easily and set a meeting quickly. Badi's work with me went well into the evening as we completed our sales contract and structured all for installation. His patience and commitment was very good that evening. Scheduling the installation was very efficient. I received a call the next business day to schedule. Jennifer was very nice and as accommodating as possible.

The installation went very, very well. After getting a call the evening before and being told that my scheduled installation for 7am was pushed back to 10am-12Noon, I was a little irritated given that I set my work and family schedule for an early arrival. Peter ** was my installer and he was just fantastic. Peter first alerted me that the schedule change was out of his control as he was required to attend a corporate meeting. Peter was very good and gracious as he entered my home.

He was very clear and precise in setting expectations and explaining how the installation was going to take place and the amount of time it was going to take, and nuances that weren't explained during the sales process (e.g. my doorbell was a bad angle might require wiring adjustment if the install didn't meet my expectations.... I purchased the "round" doorbell camera and it wouldn't have fit in the space available. Peter walked me through the pros and cons of wiring, adjustments, and using the rectangular new camera to meet my goals). Peter clearly explained the function and operation of the 'repeater' and how such could also serve as a light-timer if needed.

Further, I decided to get a third small panel for my basement (I originally decided to only get 2 extra panels in additional to the main) and Peter was very accommodating, easily referring back to the sales contract for price execution and easily made the additional panel installation. Peter also executed repairs during the course of the installation. I called Vector earlier in the week to report malfunctioning sensors and was told that since I was getting an upgrade in a couple days, it would be easier for the installer to make the repairs. I'm not sure if this was communicated to Peter, but when told of the promise, he quickly diagnosed the exact problems with the sensors, explained why they weren't working, made the repair, and seamlessly continued through the installation.

Lastly, I ordered a 'brass' remote keyless entry system, but there were no brass colored locks on Peter's truck, just stainless steel. After a discussion with my wife and Peter's well advised help, we were able to move forward with installing the stainless steel remote door lock system. Upon completion of the installation, Peter patiently sat down, loaded the app on my phone and logged into my computer to complete the initial settings and explain the functionality of the keypad and new system. All in all, I was very, very impressed with Peter's commitment and dedication to his work, and also his manner and sensitivity to my wife and kids. Peter worked until almost 10pm to complete the job. You have a star in Peter and I wish all of my home contractor experiences were as effective and delightful as mine with Peter. Please don't hesitate to reach me for more information.

Vector Security response

We’re glad to know you are happy with the service you received. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Firstly I chose Vector because my manager has Vector & has a very good business relationship with Rick. So I knew she wouldn’t recommend something if it wasn’t a good idea. I called Rick to see what kinda of bundle he could get me into with my budget. As a first time homebuyer a lot of things are scary and I’ve never had a security system in my whole life so I was worried I wasn’t going to be able to get a good deal. Which I was very wrong. Rick heard me out and listened to everything I wanted with the budget I had. Set me up with a great deal.

I just had my security system installed Friday with Shawn ** and he did amazing with the set up, explaining and showing me where everything was and what it exactly does. I had a lot of questions but once he started explaining everything and showing everything I didn’t have one question to ask. He treated me like an actual person and not just a dollar sign like many companies out there do. He showed he actually cared about me feeling confident in the product and made sure I had no questions unanswered. 10/10 recommend Vector as a security company and recommend Shawn as a technician for the future customers.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have been associated with the retail asset protection/loss prevention/security profession for over 40 years at the highest level. Therefore, I am very familiar with the Security Alarm Systems segment on a business level as well as a residential level. It should also be noted that I give very few references for service! I have been a Vector Security customer for over 15 years and have had many competitors try to lure me away with the promise of saving a few dollars. I listen from time to time as any smart consumer would, but I simply could never justify the switch.

The service has been superior! It all started with an emergency installation that was done during a blizzard. My account rep “Gayle”, from the Geneva, Ohio office, supervised a very difficult install during extreme blizzard and subzero weather conditions while I was in AZ. Since then I have never had a service issue and their Central station’s response has been unbelievable! Very prompt, every time! Their people are extremely personable, polite and courteous. All of them!

I recently called the Geneva, Ohio branch office to ask about my account. It was nothing that important and I so stated. The person who took my call was once again, fantastic! The Branch Manager, “Brenda”, returned my call promptly and was incredible! I was not expecting any urgent reply because I stated I was in no hurry. Brenda and her office exceeded my highest expectations in customer service. She was very genuine, honest and sincere! What else could you ask for?

After my conversation, I was so impressed “again” that I just had to go online and post this review! Thank YOU, Vector Security!

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

For over thirty years, I have been the CEO of several worldwide corporations. Throughout my business life, I have always had a great respect and admiration for people who display qualities which guarantee their success as assets to the companies for whom they work. During my ongoing contact with Ms. Tracy **, I have always found her to exemplify all of the skills and attributes that I look for in all of my upper management personnel.

For the past twenty plus years I have had four or more accounts with Vector Security, and Tracy has continued to oversee the handling of all of my requests and concerns with skill and efficiency, and she is absolutely delightful to deal with by phone or e-mail. It has certainly been proven to me that no one could do a finer job than Tracy in training and overseeing the twenty-five employees under her personal supervision in the Princeton office. Each and everyone of her staff clearly displays the knowledge, graciousness and enthusiasm to always “get the job done,” and those traits are a definitive reflection of Tracy’s extraordinarily fine teaching skills.

Customer satisfaction unquestionably remains Tracy’s ultimate goal, and she flawlessly achieves that by providing your clientele with first-class service, and acting as the perfect role model for her entire staff to follow. During these flourishing economic times, it is even more important than ever to acknowledge those people whose exceptional work ethic places them in a league of their own.I truly believe that Ms. **’s superb performance as your General Manager makes her worthy of such accolades. I am certain that is why Tracy has remained a trusted employee of the Vector Security company for the past twenty-six years. I hope that Ms. ** will be recognized and commended for her outstanding levels of competence, dedication and professionalism.

I also want to note, that with all of the administrative changes that Vector Security has undergone over the years, Ms. Tracy ** remains the only reason that I have continued to remain with Vector to satisfy all of my security needs. I am constantly being solicited by other reputable companies that are price competitive and are offering me state of the art equipment free of charge, but I will forever remain loyal to Vector and my relationship with Tracy.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words, especially about Tracy. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have been a VECTOR customer for 6 years & have always been very pleased with the alarm service. This review is for customer service after other equipment was to be installed. It turned into an ongoing problem with the service & billing that was now into 4 months unresolved. Due to several phone calls, long phone wait times, leaving messages as the recording prompted, messages not answered in the 24 hour window that it was stated they would be & being transferred all over the place (including Pennsylvania) I was about to cancel the service.

I decided to try one more time before cancelling & was connected to Sally. Thanks to Sally this issue that was allowed to continue for 4 months was resolved in a matter of days. Her follow up is amazing! What she said she would do she did. Sally is an MVP (Most Valuable Personnel)!!! If not for her I would have pulled both accounts. With the resolution of the problem I decided to stay with VECTOR & Sally's professionalism is the reason why. I see her as a strong asset to customer retention for VECTOR. It should not have taken all this time. It is now resolved thanks to Sally. I would score the 4 months of customer service BEFORE Sally with 1/2 Star. I give Sally 5 Stars! Under "Tell Us More" my stars are based on the total experience that spanned 4 months.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: July 23, 2019

Great. Terry was very knowledgeable and told us about our security system, also informative about our system and explaining things to us. I like Vector service on time, give an service date right away. He told us about the chime, and went over all the features.. Thank you, Sharon.

Original review: July 23, 2019

We've had Vector as our provider for as long as I've been at cats only veterinary clinic. The service is outstanding and our newest installation went off without a hitch. Adam installed a very modern system and I am confident in the safety of my staff and our patients.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Installer was excellent and explained new system very well. Went over app and explained all details of app and usage to both myself and my husband at different times. Customer service thus far with this new company for us, has been considered a positive experience. We would certainly recommend to friends and family.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I was upgrading my moms system. The technician arrived on time and fully explained the operation of the system. Having the remote access gives me the peace of mind that the house is covered. The ease of operation makes it almost idiot proof! Love the new keypad and door lock.

Original review: July 23, 2019

We are receiving the Vector Security already installed in the store and is awesome, we have a good view of the store, and we are looking to install or use others cameras that are installed here in the future. Great service.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Vector Security service tech David ** is excellent. Answered all of my inquiries and was very knowledgeable. I have been with Vector over 8 years and very satisfied with the service and would recommend Vector to others...

Original review: July 23, 2019

Great service from a great company. They really go the extra mile for their customers and really look after you like family not just a customer. Couldn’t ask for anything better. They are the best out there in security and the great people that come out and service the systems are just the start the great people that answer the phone when there is an alarm are wonderful.

Original review: July 23, 2019

AJ is always very professional and courteous. He arrived on time. He called me that am to let me know what time he would be there. He performs the work in a timely and efficient manner. He ensured I was satisfied with all the work before he left. He also provided me information regarding upgrades in case I wanted to make changes.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I had an alarm system installed at my home today, Vector Security was the best System for the money!! Jim was on time, friendly, and showed me how to install the app on my phone and how to the alarm keypad. The system is very easy to use AMAZING!! Jim was the BEST!!!

Original review: July 22, 2019

Marcus was amazing!!! He was on time, organized, tidy, and kept me updated of all going on. He was courteous and patient. Marcus took the time to walk through every single aspect of the system and was patient and willing to answer everything! He deserves extreme kudos for his great job!!! I would recommend him and Vector again!!!

Original review: July 22, 2019

The service call was successful in solving my problem with the door locking system. Bob the tech explained everything In basic terms, which I appreciated. He was very helpful. He checked the main panel and made sure my batteries were In good condition. Overall, a good service call. I will request Him again in the future.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Just started up with security. I have never had one before and it seems to be pretty user friendly. Nathan the technician explained everything really well and for an old couple that is very important. We are very grateful for the technician that came out. I am a very happy customer so far.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Vector Installed our new door bell and we love that we can see what’s happening at our front porch. This will protect our son in the further. We really appreciate Nathan coming over and explaining how to use this to protect our home. Vector is always showing us ways to make our home and business much safer!

Original review: July 21, 2019

I've been doing business with them for about 15 years. Over the years - constant care and response has been terrific. A while ago, I moved and put my house on the market to sell. Since Vector doesn't do security systems where I am now, I reached out to Jeff ** who I dealt with many years ago and he was nice enough, after all these years, to make a suggestion for a company I should use where I am now.

I have been dealing with Selina ** directly now for some time. She is very professional, handles any situation perfectly and is always so pleasant. I told the family that bought my house I felt strongly that they should stay with Vector and definitely call Selina who will head them in the right direction to get started. I actually told them that when they get off the phone, after speaking with her, they would be smiling!

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. Have a great week!

Original review: July 20, 2019

I was extremely satisfied with the overall installation experience. Mr. Peter ** was on time and cared a great deal about making sure the install was professionally done. Before he began we went over the order and placement to ensure I was getting the correct package. This was very helpful because I missed a couple of sensors. I ordered an additional 2 sensors and 3 cameras. He thoroughly explained everything that was being done and was able to answer all of my questions. He represented Vector Security well.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Peter. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 20, 2019

Had 2 service technicians come to my house. Just moved here in June. Service was active. We called the office to change service from homeowners policy to a policy in our name. Jarrod ** came out and offered us first month free and gave us stickers for windows. Made a payment to Jarrod that was due! Alarm went off shortly after that due to window breaking alert. Tried to use new password to no avail. Police came and I told them it was a cabinet closed to loudly. Everything was ok. Just had another technician come out today to check wiring and we were told we have no service going to our system! We live in a neighborhood where we completely depended on our alarm system for our safety!!!

Now we have to wait until Monday to find out why we have no signal nor service running to our system!! We are extremely distraught and dissatisfied with the unprofessional experience of your service and company!! I want answers and a response to this situation immediately!! When I called to schedule this system test no one told me we didn't have service! I scheduled this appointment 2 weeks ago because we were installing AC units in Windows where our house was very vulnerable! I want answers!!

Melanie,

Thank you for your feedback. We are forwarding your comments to your local branch for follow up. We appreciate your patience as we look into the matter. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Vector Security is part of our HOA... I needed an alarm certificate and had the pleasure of talking with Agata. She helped me some much and I need to say she went above and beyond. What a gem. Since I am not very computer literate she had tons of patience and she waited on the phone with me as I tried to figure the PBSO application out.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Agata. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: July 19, 2019

We have used Vector Security for many years. We feel the company & employees are very reliable and professional. AJ has provided service & installed products for us through the years. He is very courteous & competent with his work.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: July 19, 2019

Terry checked system last week and determined that I needed a external antenna today and installed it. Seams to work better. Vector has given us quick service and am very happy with it. I am looking for Vector Security and me having a long relationship.

Vector Security response

We’re glad you are happy with the service you received. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: July 19, 2019

Vector Security has been my security company for the last four years. The company has been very responsive to my security needs. Peter comes to install my new security system, he is excellence in his work and the job that he does. I enjoy his company and the knowledge he gives me about Vector Security. From beginning to the end of the he explains the equipment and what it does.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have problem with previous security firm, their response has been slow and vague. We decide to give Vector security a chance. The salesperson Frank ** knows my office and associates. I trusted him will provide me an honest and secure service. The technicians are very professional and know their works.

Vector Security response

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I had Vector for a number of years and it was time for an upgrade. The salesman signed me up and ready for installation. Nick showed up on time and ready to work. He was polite, friendly, hard working, and neat working. He upgraded the system, setup my Vector app and helped with my Apple itunes. Cameras installed neatly and working fine. Overall, I am very pleased with Vector’s people and services!

Original review: July 19, 2019

Today's service call went extremely well. Jim explained everything he was doing along the way and was able to answer all of my questions. He also made very helpful recommendations. I am very pleased with the service Jim provided. Thank you! Ilene

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Jim. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Eli was very helpful. Listened and addressed all my problems. Sat down to explain things to me with patience. I had a great experience. Eli was very knowledgeable with the equipment and able to explain everything in layman’s terms. Thank you again Eli.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Eli. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have Vector Security at my other home and I love it. The system is very user friendly and has a lot of options. Nathan the technician was great. He explained things in great detail and made this new system easy to understand. I am very happy with the new install and recommend this to others that are searching.

Vector Security response

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Vector Security Company Information