Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.69/5
Based on 1,447 ratings submitted in the last year

For nearly 50 years, Vector Security has been a premier provider of intelligent security solutions tailored to the needs of the customer. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the company offers a full suite of electronic security services for residential, business and national account customers across North America and the Caribbean through a network of branches, authorized dealers and their ADS Security division. The Vector Security Networks division offers customized physical security and managed network services to multi-site commercial customers. Vector Security is a sister company of the Philadelphia Contributionship, a mutual insurance company founded in 1752, and currently provides cost-effective, technology-based security and automation solutions to nearly 386,000 homes and businesses across 58 branch locations.

Vector Security Gallery (6)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)

BOTTOM LINE

Vector Security offers three plans with varying levels of technology. Although the cancellation process is not ideal, their excellent warranty and home automation support are huge positives.

PROS

• Support for home automation
  • System relocation option
  • SecureCare warranty

CONS

• Strict cancellation policy

Top Vector Security Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Great service, technician is always patient and wants to do a great job each time he services my home, and he always does!! Technician is always on time and very professional, always satisfied with his work.

Very professional, made sure we understood everything. Equipment easy to use and looks great. Highly recommend. Camera very clear picture. My installer and rep was very helpful and went out of their way for us. ... Happy happy happy.

What is Vector Security?

Vector’s basic package starts at $39.95 a month and each package, even the most basic, includes a SecureCare warranty that covers equipment replacement and service repairs at no extra cost. Vector also offers a SecureCare Plus package that provides the same benefits as the SecureCare warranty, plus free installation if you relocate, free inspections every other year, and free battery replacements. Vector Security will install your system for you. You can use mobile devices to access live video surveillance.

How does Vector Security work?

You can sign up for Vector Security by calling to schedule an appointment or by ordering online. A Vector home security representative will set up a time to come and install the system for you. To prevent voiding the warranty on equipment, a Vector technician will need to install any further updates. Vector Security professionally monitors each system and offers contracts ranging from 36 to 60 months.

Vector Security prices

The Basic Security plan is $39.95/mo, the Home Automation plan is $49.95/mo, and the Connected Home plan is $69.95/mo, meaning Vector Security cost is about average compared to other home security companies. Unfortunately, Vector Security pricing for equipment is not available on their website, so you’ll have to contact them to learn more.

Vector Security packages

Vector Security has three packages: the Basic Security, Home Automation and the Connected Home Package. The Basic Security is just what it sounds like — the simplest and most affordable plan from Vector. Both the Home Automation and Connected Home Package offer smart home support and integration. The Connected Home Package is the most extensive package and comes with additional equipment.

Basic SecurityHome AutomationConnected Home Package
Basic Security
Home Automation
Connected Home Package

Vector Security equipment

As with many other home security companies, 2GIG makes Vector Security’s equipment. The 12-point false alarm reduction works to reduce the number of times a non-emergency is reported as an emergency. To learn more about the pricing on Vector Security’s equipment, it’s best to contact Vector Security over the phone and request a quote. Some of Vector’s equipment includes:

• Door sensors
  • Event-triggered surveillance
  • Carbon monoxide detection
  • Panic button
  • Medical alert

Vector also has several home automation options if you purchase the Home Automation plan or the Connected Home Package. You can manage the system using the Alarm.com app, Google Home or Amazon Alexa. Features include:

• Event-triggered automation
  • Thermostat control
  • Lighting control
  • Appliance control
  • Electronic door locks

Vector Security FAQ

Where is Vector Security available?
Vector Security locations are chiefly in the eastern United States. Vector Security is available in:
  • Alabama
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
Is Vector Security compatible with the Amazon Echo?
Yes, you can integrate Vector Security with the Amazon Echo, allowing you to use voice commands to control your security system. Vector is also compatible with Google Home and Z-Wave.
How do I cancel Vector Security?
Admittedly, canceling a Vector home security system is a hassle. You must send a Vector security cancellation letter notifying them of your decision. If you want to cancel before the 36-month contract is up, you still have to pay 100% of your unpaid balance.
Is there a Vector Security app?
Yes, there are Vector Security apps for Apple and Android that let you control and monitor your system from your smartphone.

Do we recommend Vector Security?

We recommend Vector Security for their smart home automation systems, great warranty, and free installation if you relocate. They also have a solid lineup of equipment. The most common drawback mentioned in Vector Security reviews is the cancelation policy, which could be more lenient; however, as a whole, we still enthusiastically support their home alarm systems.

Vector Security Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2011

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: July 21, 2020

Vector Security Systems rep, Daniel **, visited in our home to provide information and demonstrations about the Vector home security system. Daniel was knowledgeable, professional, and personable throughout the visit. His demeanor and expertise with the Vector system gave us immediate confidence in both him and the Vector line of products/services. After deciding to install a Vector system, Daniel stayed involved throughout the installation process and the 'learning curve', following up with us regularly until we were familiar with the system, and visited our home again to provide additional advice and info.

On the installation side, Jodi (last name unk) was the installer -- quick, efficient, expert, left the installation area spotless, and answered all our questions. The entire experience was a pleasure from start to finish, and the Vector team we interacted with was A+++, an 11 on a 1-to-10 scale. We'd recommend Vector to anyone, without hesitation or reservation of any kind.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words about Daniel. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2020

During a storm last Friday afternoon a lightning flash must have knocked out our fire alarm system for our condos. When I came home the Geneva on the Lake fire dept had just left due to the fire alarm sent to them. I called Vector and Linda put through to Matt in technical service. Matt assisted us with our problem and had the parts available to make the repairs. We agreed to wait until the storm went away and then we would make the repairs.

Matt met me on Saturday morning as we discussed on Friday evening. Matt worked out and repaired the problems with the system. Once he was done with repairs to the system a few board members along with myself were discussing clearing a large branch that had fallen across a driveway at our condos. All we could come up with was an old dull bow saw that would have taken us all day to cut up the fallen branches.

Matt came to the condos rescue when he brought out a battery operated Sawzall and started cutting through the branches like butter. Matt took an extra ten minutes or so of his Saturday to help us clear our driveway of all downed branches. We on the NorthCoast Landing Condo Association board wish to Thank Matthew Gersper for going Above and Beyond the Call of Duty and helping to clear the fallen branches and open up our driveway. Awesome job Matt!!

Dave, Dave, Kit, Robert

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words about Matt. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I was having issues with the system communicating with the monitoring station, I called and got an appointment time the following day. Jeremy showed up and worked for over 1 1/2 hours to figure it out, he was pleasant, very calm, he explained everything he was doing and why, he found the problem, he fixed it and now my system is online again thanks to Jeremy, I worked in public service for over 32 years and know what it's like, people will always call when they're unhappy, not so much when they are. We are completely satisfied with the work and with Jeremy, should the need ever arise to call for service again I am sure all the Vector employees are as good but I would have Jeremy come back if I had a choice. He's a very hard worker and you are lucky to have him on your team! GREAT JOB, GREAT SERVICE! Thank you Jeremy and thank you to Vector for keeping us safe!

Vector Security response

We’re glad you are happy with the service you received from Jeremy. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

This review is for Mr. **, who came out to fix a problem that I was having with my system. Mr. ** was very kind, knowledgeable, and quick. When he came to the door, he smiled and that made me feel better about letting a stranger enter my home. He was very business oriented, but kind at the same time. He asked for my permission to come in to do the work that he needed to do before entering. I was very impressed with the character of this man. He asked me to sign a permission form on his notebook or computer and he proceeded to do his job. He was very quiet, but thorough and he completed the job quickly in my opinion. He did an awesome job.

Vector Security response

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I'm Director of Safety Services at Woodloch Pines Resort. I have had the pleasure of working with Mary ** from Vector Security on a few jobs in our Woodloch Spring's Community. She is a true professional who truly cares about the customer's needs. Her knowledge about the product she sells is remarkable. She gave our residents a feeling of comfort after the system was installed and took the time to explain to the residents thoroughly. Mary is a true asset to Vector Security. You're very lucky to have her. I look forward to working with her again in our community. Kudos to Vector Security for having such a top notch sales person. I recommend Mary ** and Vector Security to all our residents. Great product with a great sales person. Thank you to Mary. Dave ** Director of Safety Service Woodloch Pines Resort

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Mary. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Terrific service today from Mike **. I needed a new battery, cell upgrade, and general reboot. Mike was able to take care of the issues, and he is clearly knowledgable and I appreciated the way he walked me through issues so that I better understood some of the system issues and capabilities. He was able to take care of an issue with my contract with great professionalism. Many thanks.

Vector Security response

We’re glad you are happy with the service you received from Mike. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I have been with Vector for twenty odd years. The technicians who have came to my house have been very professional, helpful and pleasant. Jeremy and Zach have answered questions I ask with the utmost clarity. I rate this company a great experience.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Vector took over previous security company. Lady that setup my appointment for a service call very professional. Service tech was also very professional. Would recommend this company to any of my friends and family.

Vector Security response

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We appreciate recommendations from satisfied customers like you; our ReferralRewards program can earn you incentives when you refer a new customer that signs with us. Please contact your branch for details.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I chose Vector Security because it's a hands on security system and not a do it yourself install. The sales representative told me how the system will work and what it need. The cost is very competitive. Plus my sister-in-law spoke very highly of Vector since she has been with them for years. They never fail to respond to a service call.

Vector Security response

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

My family has been with Vector Security for over 20 years. They have protected our family home very well and are very prompt when things happen like my contractor accidentally cutting a wire when putting in a door threshold. TJ who is assigned to my area is excellent. He gives me choices and is always available when I need him. When I recently needed to switch names on the account Ellen ** was so helpful. She made the process easy and didn't make me go through a lot of unnecessary paperwork and verifications because the company maintains good data on your property. I would highly recommend Vector to anyone who wants a more personal experience with their security service.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security; we appreciate recommendations from satisfied customers like you. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer that signs with us. Contact your branch for details.

Vector Security Company Information