4.85/5
Based on 3,100 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ranked #5 among the top home security system providers in the United States, recognized as #1 in security by SDM Magazine and the 2016 Installer of the Year by SSI magazine. Vector Security® provides security and home automation systems to more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and multi-site enterprises. With services tailored to fit each customer's needs, we offer everything from alarm monitoring and video surveillance to personal emergency response and energy management.

Vector Security Gallery (4)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 21, 2018

5217 Vector Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

I chose Vector because I trust Scott **. Deciding on the proper system was easy--Scott was very clear and helped me decide what I needed. Scheduling installation was easy and the installation itself was prompt, the installer was knowledgeable and helpful, and things went very smoothly. The experience was top notch.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm & Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I wanted to cancel the Vector service for the 4th time in a couple of years and request again that my credit card not be charged by Vector. I also wanted Vector to immediately refund the charged amount of $317+ to my credit card without my prior authorisation. Your very knowledgeable and experienced, Representative Metty saved the day.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Laurie **, out of a Hampton Roads office provided us with excellent customer service today. We called needing some paperwork and she got it to us the same day. She's very helpful and prompt. If we need anything in the future we hope to be in contact with Laurie. Thank you.

Original review: April 20, 2018

We contacted Vector Security because our glass breakage was too sensitive and we had multiple installation problems and we wanted the system checked. The technician today did a great job, checked everything, made a correction, and made an adjustment. He was professional, courteous, and helpful.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Want to take a minute a say thank you to my branch here in Lufkin for always keeping on top on my annual inspections, I have the cost taken out with my billing, which makes the annual expense taken care of and that's on less thing I have to worry about.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: April 20, 2018

Vector was highly recommended by my boss. Salesman was outstanding service. Tech should not be in direct contact with your customers. He speaks down to them and if they don't comprehend "tech" things he gets exasperated and rude. I do not want this technician at my house again.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I have been a customer with Vector Security for About twenty years. Overall, I am happy, except for the video doorbell. I haven't received any updates on the status of the replacement video doorbell unless I call in myself. I haven't had any bad experiences except with the doorbell.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Kevin ** is a very knowledgeable and efficient installer. His knowledge of the Vector Security system is simply impeccable. He was so very helpful in answering and explaining each and every question that I asked him. While installing the wiring system in the house, he was meticulous in the cleanup process, also. It was my pleasure in working with him and will request Kevin for any additional installation. Excellent service from Kevin and would highly recommend Kevin and Vector Security.

Original review: April 20, 2018

The service was excellent. The set up was very easy to understand and the overall process to download the app and set up the password was easy. We are very happy with the overall system that we have chosen. We like the cell based system.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Installer was very professional and courteous, knowledgeable and forthcoming. Product has a lot to offer to fit our needs. Glass break is a great feature. Installer set up lights to come on with alarms. Helped install app and explained everything. DHBV Excited to begin working with Vector.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Vector Security has been fantastic from day one. The sales rep and installer were timely, knowledgeable, and friendly. I would absolutely recommend Vector to others. The system is easy to use and very user-friendly. We have the peace of mind having a Vector system in our home.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Everyone I have interacted with so far - salesman, technician - have been extremely friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend Vector to friends and family. I really liked how intuitive the whole system is and how easy it is to control the entire system from anywhere - computer, phone, etc.

Original review: April 20, 2018

We chose Vector as our community uses them, we would receommend Vector and had a great experience. Metty ** was very helpful in assisting our cancellation request. Very responsive and helpful. We will recommend the new owners of the house use Vector as well.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Install tech Eric was great. He was on time and did a clean neat installation. He thanked me for having an outlet installed ready for him prior to his arrival. Our consultant, Tod **, also did a professional job in making sure we are properly secured. I will recommend Vector any chance I have. Great job all around. Thank you Vector.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Chris came to my house, installed the new system without any issues, explained the new system including the new panel and app. He also help me set up the system with my Alexa device. Chris was very professional and helpful. Thank you!

Original review: April 20, 2018

Caught my eye at a gun show, listened to the pitch and got the in home presentation and decided to go with the system. We had a two camera system ordered and installed. Rigel and Stacy were great, thank you.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I like to give credit where credit is due. Heather ** is probably the best customer service rep (of any company) I have ever worked with. Always very professional, very courteous and very knowledgeable. I believe she goes out of her way until customer is satisfied.

Original review: April 20, 2018

We have had problems off & on since we started this service in 2014. This week they were out here & supposedly fixed all problems that needed it. Several of the problems are still not fixed. They are overcharging. I feel for the lack of service you get. You have to wait 15-20 minutes to speak to someone. If you leave a message, they will not return a call most of the time. They have a home office in Virginia but have an office here in Greenville where we live where techs are sent out.

When the tech was here on Wednesday, he was on the phone with technicians in VA most of time he was here. We had to listen to alarms the whole 3 hours he was here & the problems are still not fixed. This tech from the local office here stated that some of the problems that are happening now are from the home office in VA. There is a big turnover in this local office here & in their home office. This makes me very uncomfortable since the techs are given our security codes obviously since they seem to know them when they come here.

I spoke with, Quintin **, in who is supervisor of customer service in their home office yesterday about this & the problems. He stated he would contact the local office about this. He was suppose to get back with me today but has not made contact at this time. I have been told they check the system every month to make sure everything is working. It is pretty obvious that they do not. I have spoken to supervisors in this home office before about the fact that I have set the alarm off and nobody responded. I have tried to call & got no response. This is not security. We have come back from a vacation before & found the alarm not working properly. This is not security!!

Original review: April 20, 2018

I chose Vector because it was offered through the builder. I live here full time and wanted an alarm system for my home. I have had good interactions with the staff from calling in to schedule service to Mike coming out to fix an issue I was having with my motion. I am happy with the system that Vector installed.

Original review: April 20, 2018

We chose Vector Security because we had a good reference from a friend. We have been customers now for about 10 years. We are happy with the services we receive from Vector. Customer service is polite. The technicians are on time.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I originally purchased a GL home and was a Certified Security customer. Since the acquisition of Certified by Vector I have been very satisfied with the service. As the treasurer for my community (Valencia Isles HOA) I will recommend Vector as our provider.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Vector was recommended to us by our sister-in-law, ClyTi **. We interviewed three different alarm companies and felt Vector was the most suitable for what we were looking for and the pricing was within our budget. Our Salesman, Scott **, was very helpful with what kind of system he thought would work for us. He was very thorough and answered all of our questions.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Your technician was very diligent about finding out what the problem was with my camera system. We were having an issue with 1 camera picture coming and going and no audio on another camera. He fixed the picture on one and discovered that one of our microphones was not working. We have had a good relationship with your company since the initial install. Thank you for your personal attention.

Original review: April 20, 2018

System was not working properly. It was not a new install. I called Ms. ** and she pointed me in the right direction to get the issue taken care of. She also told me if I couldn’t get the problem solved to call her back. I live in Virginia Beach an she’s in Florida. The problem was solved.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Don came out to replace one of the sensors that we had been experiencing a battery drain. He was able to assess the issue and update the system with the new sensor - taking the time to make sure everything was working perfectly and then did the carbon monoxide detector check. Great job!

Original review: April 19, 2018

Torrence arrived during the agreed upon time. While here, he explained the new items available from Vector. Torrence also gave my wife and I a demo of the new system. Torrence was not aware of any prices and referred us to a salesman. He was very courteous and respectful. My wife tried to give him booties but Torrence provided his own, which we very much appreciated.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Excellent customer service from David! Went above and beyond to address all issues. He even helped out addressing power loss issues. Strongly recommended Vector and David for security needs. Best security company for our neighborhood. Would recommend and customer satisfied with all requests.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Chris did an outstanding job. He was very thorough with his explanation on usage of the system and how to access remotely via. My cellular telephone or tablet device. I viewed him as being very experienced and professional. A true asset to your team.

Original review: April 19, 2018

We enjoyed the visit from the service tech, he took care of the issue quickly (was a quick fix). He also took care of changing all the batteries for us. Very thankful for his service today and talk about possible upgrade to system and window sensors.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: April 19, 2018

Torrence ** was very respectful, showed me his ID upon arrival, was on time and corrected the problem right away, explained problem to me a fixed problem. I would recommend Vector to my family and friends and neighbors if they're looking for a great customer experience.

Vector Security response

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We're glad you're happy with our service. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Contact your branch for details.

Vector Security expert review by Erin Raub

Vector Security is part of The Philadelphia Contributionship, an insurance company founded by Benjamin Franklin, among others, in 1752. The company offers home security services in the Eastern and Southern United States and is known for its high-tech security and safety solutions.

• Lifestyle solutions: Vector Security works to customize home alarm solutions to fit your lifestyle, with options for singles, seniors living alone, empty nesters, families and couples.

• Varied tech offerings: Vector Security has several optional extras, including energy management, home automation, two-way intercoms, personal emergency response (push-button support) and more.

• Video surveillance: Vector Security offers multiple video surveillance options. Customers can view live video or recorded video and can also elect to add video monitoring to their plan.

• Medical alert: Vector’s Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) offers monitoring that can send for emergency medical personnel with the push of a button. This service will be especially appealing to older adults and those that live alone.

• Home automation: Consumers can choose several home automation options when setting up their security system. Vector offers tools to help with energy management and to ensure doors are locked when the homeowner is away.

• Best for: Homeowners, tech-savvy shoppers and hands-off consumers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Vector Security Company Information