Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.68/5
Based on 1,058 ratings submitted in the last year

Vector Security has provided intelligent security solutions for nearly 50 years. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the company offers a full suite of electronic security services for residential, business and national account customers. Vector Security assists with security consultations, installation, monitoring and service. It has over 386,000 customers.

Vector Security Gallery (6)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)

BOTTOM LINE

Vector Security offers three plans with varying levels of wireless technology. Although its cancellation process is not ideal, the company provides an excellent warranty, and the home automation support is a huge positive.

PROS

• System relocation options
  • Equipment warranty
  • Support for home automation

CONS

• Strict cancellation policy
  • Not available in all states

Top Vector Security Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

I chose Vector to protect me because my daughter and son in law had it and they loved it… Brendan was the installer and did amazing. He arrived on time. Brendan wore a mask, and looked super professional, I would and have recommended vector to a friend.

Vector took over previous security company. Lady that setup my appointment for a service call very professional. Service tech was also very professional. Would recommend this company to any of my friends…

What is Vector Security?

Vector Security is a home alarm and surveillance company. All systems include professional monitoring services from Vector Security-owned and -operated monitoring centers. Monitoring contracts range from 36 to 60 months. You can use mobile devices to access live video surveillance.

You can sign up for Vector Security by calling to schedule an appointment or by ordering online. A Vector Security representative will set up a time to come and install the system for you.

Vector Security prices

Vector home security systems start around $40 per month for the Essential Security plan. Home Automation plans cost around $50 per month, and the Connected Home plan is around $70 per month.

Vector Security monitoring costs are pretty average when compared with other home security companies. Unfortunately, Vector Security pricing for equipment is not available on its website, so you’ll have to contact the company to learn more.

The company includes a one-year warranty from the date of installation. Two types of extended warranties are available. SecurityCare covers equipment replacement and service repairs at no extra cost. Vector also offers a SecurityCare Plus package that provides the same benefits as the SecurityCare extended warranty, plus free installation if you relocate, system inspections every other year and battery replacements.

Vector Security packages

Vector Security has three home security packages: Essential Security, Home Automation and Connected Home. The Essential Security plan is the simplest and most affordable plan. Both the Home Automation and Connected Home packages offer smart home support and integration. The Connected Home package is the most extensive and comes with additional equipment.

Essential SecurityHome AutomationConnected Home
Essential Security
Home Automation
Connected Home

Additional Vector Security equipment

As with many other home security companies, 2GIG makes Vector Security’s equipment. The 12-point false alarm reduction works to reduce the number of times a nonemergency is reported as an emergency. To learn more about the pricing on Vector Security’s equipment, it’s best to contact Vector Security over the phone and request a quote. Some of Vector Security’s equipment includes:

• Door sensors
  • Carbon monoxide detection
  • Panic button
  • Medical alert

Vector Security FAQ

Where is Vector Security available?
Vector Security is available to residents of the following states:
  • Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
Is Vector Security compatible with the Amazon Echo?
Yes, you can integrate Vector Security with the Amazon Echo, allowing you to use voice commands to control your security system. Vector Security’s products are also compatible with Google Home and use Z-Wave technology.

Vector also has several home automation options if you purchase the Home Automation plan or the Connected Home package. You can manage the system using the Vector Security app, Google Home or Amazon Alexa. Features include:

• Event-triggered automation
  • Thermostat control
  • Lighting control
  • Appliance control
  • Electronic door locks
How do I cancel Vector Security?
If you want to cancel service, you must send a 30-day cancellation notice to a Vector Security local branch. If you cancel before your contract is up, you will likely be subject to penalties such as equipment costs, an early termination fee and the costs for the remaining monthly monitoring fees.
Is there a Vector Security app?
Yes, there is a Vector Security app for both Apple and Android that lets you control and monitor your security system from your smartphone.

Is Vector Security any good?

At the time of publishing, Vector Security is one of the highest-rated companies on our home alarm guide. We recommend Vector Security for its smart home automation systems, strong warranty and relocation services. It also has a solid lineup of equipment. The most common drawback mentioned in Vector Security reviews is the cancellation policy, which could be more lenient; however, as a whole, we still enthusiastically support its home alarm systems.

Vector Security Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2011

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I chose Vector Security because they are known for being one of the top companies in the world. This was a new installation for me, it was an amazing experience. My representative John was so awesome, very professional, prompt, courteous, patient and very understanding. He took the extra time to sit down with me to explain the system so that I understood it well before leaving. The cost of the security system was very reasonable vs the other security system (ADT) that I have had for over 4 plus years.

I left ADT due to the cost, once I tried to cancel then they wanted to lower the cost. I said no because I felt like that they should have reached out to me sooner since I had been with them for so long. I felt like I had been cheated all of these years and did not want to be a part of a dishonest company that would overcharge their customers. I am happy to have found Vector Security. I will be a customer from now on and will tell all of my friends. If you need a security company come on over here because this is the place to be.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Josh arrived promptly at the promised time, he also called 30 min prior to arriving. Josh was very nice and professional. He updated our system from a 2 Gig radio system to a 4 Gig system and he installed a new door lock with keypad. I was very please with his patience with me. He made me aware of the Vector App and helped me through the set up of the app. He also answered all my many questions and did not make me feel he was rushed at all. I really did appreciate that. He also took the time to make sure each of my less than 10 employees, knew how to use the new keypad lock and let each of them try it out before he left. Probably a couple of hours after he left my office, I had a few questions about some paperwork he left me. I texted him to ask him to call me back at his convenience as I had questions. He called me back almost immediately and answered my questions. Y'all need to hang onto him!

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words about Josh. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Vector Security did the installation of the system back in 2017. We began having problems several months ago with system failing. Jeremy came out twice and diagnosed the problem during the second service call. He was very professional and honest from the very first service call. He let us know what the problem was (system was obsolete 4 months from original installation and didn't have the memory to update the system), this was very frustrating as we could not log in to activate, deactivate badges or make any changes to the doors for the site. Jeremy did not charge us for the service calls or the new equipment that was needed to get us up and running. Jeremy made an extremely frustrating situation so much more bearable. He is an asset to your company and he will be the resource we reach out to for any further issues. Thank you Jeremy for all your hard work, time and Patience - it was greatly appreciated!

Vector Security response

We’re glad you are happy with the service you received from Jeremy. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: July 13, 2020

During a storm last Friday afternoon a lightning flash must have knocked out our fire alarm system for our condos. When I came home the Geneva on the Lake fire dept had just left due to the fire alarm sent to them. I called Vector and Linda put through to Matt in technical service. Matt assisted us with our problem and had the parts available to make the repairs. We agreed to wait until the storm went away and then we would make the repairs.

Matt met me on Saturday morning as we discussed on Friday evening. Matt worked out and repaired the problems with the system. Once he was done with repairs to the system a few board members along with myself were discussing clearing a large branch that had fallen across a driveway at our condos. All we could come up with was an old dull bow saw that would have taken us all day to cut up the fallen branches.

Matt came to the condos rescue when he brought out a battery operated Sawzall and started cutting through the branches like butter. Matt took an extra ten minutes or so of his Saturday to help us clear our driveway of all downed branches. We on the NorthCoast Landing Condo Association board wish to Thank Matthew Gersper for going Above and Beyond the Call of Duty and helping to clear the fallen branches and open up our driveway. Awesome job Matt!!

Dave, Dave, Kit, Robert

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words about Matt. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I was having issues with the system communicating with the monitoring station, I called and got an appointment time the following day. Jeremy showed up and worked for over 1 1/2 hours to figure it out, he was pleasant, very calm, he explained everything he was doing and why, he found the problem, he fixed it and now my system is online again thanks to Jeremy, I worked in public service for over 32 years and know what it's like, people will always call when they're unhappy, not so much when they are. We are completely satisfied with the work and with Jeremy, should the need ever arise to call for service again I am sure all the Vector employees are as good but I would have Jeremy come back if I had a choice. He's a very hard worker and you are lucky to have him on your team! GREAT JOB, GREAT SERVICE! Thank you Jeremy and thank you to Vector for keeping us safe!

Vector Security response

Original review: April 2, 2021

I chose Vector Security as this is what the previous homeowner used. I have been so pleased the past 8 years. At times, I forget to turn the alarm off before I go outside in the early morning and the representatives call within seconds to check on me. They are always professional, courteous and never complain, even if in the wee hours of the morning. I even like the added question the last time, the representative stated, "Are you safe and do you need me to call the police?" In this way, if I was in danger on my end, no one would hear this except me. I also live rurally and at times have connection issues that are always pursued on your end. Highly recommend.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: April 1, 2021

I left a message for sales dept to call me and have yet to hear from them. This was regarding updating our system with current technology. I have written enough to explain the situation and don't see the need to expand any further....

Original review: April 1, 2021

I love Vector Security. Their customer service representatives are the best by far. They are always very helpful and polite. The response time when your alarm goes off is immediate. I sleep well knowing they are protecting my family and home.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: March 31, 2021

I chose Vector because I was referred by family. My experience with the Vector staff was absolutely amazing. They answered all of my questions and made me feel very comfortable with using my new security system. I would gladly recommend Jennie and Curtis to sell and install a security system in your home. I am feel very much at ease.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your compliments about Jennie and Curtis. We're glad you're happy with the service you received. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer that signs with us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Vector Security was has been in the home for awhile and Vector Security has had many technicians in the home to install new systems and also upgrade the old system to the new fully touchscreen system. Added a doorbell camera and also a 2nd keypad in the bedroom. Now Vector Security is adding a deadbolt lock to the front door and Josh the installer helped to add the app to the phone! Thank You Vector Security!

Vector Security Company Information