toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Susan,

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

Vector Security is one of our clients so it was our professional courtesy and sop to offer opportunity to earn our business. Also the owner of the company recommended Vector because they are the security company he uses residentially at several locations. As purchasing manager, I have to say the best service and the best price was given by Rick **. He spent as much time necessary with me, explaining every aspect of quote and installation process. We have had no problems. We are thrilled with the outcome of your service. Eric came out for annual inspection and everything is good to go! I recommend your services to anyone I come in contact with when the subject arises.

Hi Thelma,

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

I have enjoyed the peace of mind and security with my Vector Security system for almost 2 years. When someone stole a package from my front porch last week, I turned to the company again for their home video surveillance system. Doug ** was at my home in one hour to set up service. They were able to fit me into their schedule on Monday. My service was expertly installed by Mark **. Five stars for Vector Security for this low-cost addition to my home, 24-hour excellent customer service and support.

Hi Paula,

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I have been with Vector for about 5 years and I've always had a pleasant experience with your dispatchers and your technicians. It was a pleasure working with Sean **. He showed up before the time I was told and I really appreciated that. He explained to me about upgrading my system and eased my worries about a heat detector that was hanging in my garage that's not connected to your system. He talked to me about purchasing a heat but I'm not ready as of yet. I really appreciate your prompt response to this. I feel safe and secure! Looking to continue my service.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your compliments about Shannon. We're glad we were able to help you out. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

My Interactions with Vector Security Staff (Shannon **) was outstanding. Shannon was extremely attentive to my concerns and requests and went above and beyond to assist me in setting an appointment time that was convenient for me. Shannon is an asset and exemplary of what Vector Security stands for.

Hi Susan,

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

We wanted to secure the building site while under construction. We will keep them permanently to protect the property after construction is complete. It was a challenge to secure the cameras in the build phase but Vector sales and techs figured it all out. All are working great. Good job.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Hi Janet,

Thanks for your compliments about our team. We look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Sandra ** was incredibly friendly and helpful and took the time to explain what needed to be done to restore my system to full functionality. She is well versed in the mechanics of the alarm system and well trained. Chris **, the technician who came to the house was friendly and efficient. He was very knowledgeable and was able to update the firmware so that he could install new smoke detectors. He also did a complete system check and replaced all sensors and motion detectors with new batteries. I am relieved to have my system up to date and fully functioning once again.

Hi Jody,

Thank you for your feedback. We have forwarded your comments to the local branch for follow up.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

Vector Security presently provides security for our home. Ongoing communication with Sales to address my security needs because of continuous vandalism and damage to my home by someone in the neighbor. The local police advised me to install security cameras in order to catch this person or people. Thanks.

Hello Clarisa,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. If you wish to cancel your contract, please provide a 30-day written notice to your local branch before the end of the contract period. We cannot accept cancellation requests via phone or email.

For more information about our contracts, please visit:

Additionally, we have forwarded your review to the local branch for follow up.

Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I would like to cancel our security service with you. We have been very disappointed in the service you have provided. We have had a problem with our alarm system for several months and despite numerous calls and attempts to have someone come out and correct the problem, this has not been done. Meanwhile, we receive problem calls on a daily basis! My husband had a service rep come out to see if we could upgrade our system, but we never received an estimate. We will be switching service to another provider. Please cancel the service. Thank you.

Hi Linda,

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

The person I spoke with was outstanding! Excellent in customer service, in knowledge, professionalism, friendliness, helpfulness, etc. I got the clearest description of our issue than I have ever had in terms of understanding what was wrong, and how to resolve it. Very impressive!

Hi Cameron,

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I originally chose Vector Security because they offered a very good service for a very reasonable price. I kept Vector Security because my contract was not up yet from my previous house. I would have kept you guys anyway because I like the services/ products that you guys offer. Darren was VERY helpful and knowledgeable with how the system works, options I could choose, and setting it up for everyday practical use. He had no problem adjusting the cameras for me umpteen times so it was JUST right for me. Did a very good job as far as making sure wires were hidden well, cleaned up after himself, really couldn't ask for more.

Very pleased with the install and would definitely recommend Vector to any and all people who needed a security system. I gave the customer service 4 stars because when I originally scheduled to have the security system put in there was a mix up on Vector's side as to when it was supposed to happen and then when it did happen, it was way later in the day. I will say though, they did still come out and install the system on the day it was scheduled for.

Hi Ernie and Barbara,

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

As we all know, it’s Human nature to be more prone to complain when things go wrong, instead of to compliment when things go right. But today we’re writing to compliment Vector Security. After a quarter-century of use, our old, out-of-date security/fire system finally needed an upgrade. Ours is not a basic residential system at all. Instead, it has many components found only in more complex commercial systems. Yet the end result was extremely good. A new central control panel, keypads, and a few other elements did the trick.

Vector Security’s fine employees went out of their way to upgrade the old system in a way that preserved all of the original functionality, without having to do any rewiring at all. Now everything works perfectly once again. All of Vector’s employees who were involved in the system upgrade were knowledgeable and personable. They were patient with our many questions. Kudos to them for a job very well done!! Two thumbs up to all involved, and our sincere thanks!!!

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for your kind words about Darren. We look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

My new system is far superior to the old model. In addition, the installer, Darren, was fantastic. Really knows his stuff, very friendly, and guided me through all of the process. An exceptional value for the money. System has room to grow. Many thanks.

Hi Kathi,

We're glad we were able to help. Thanks for your loyalty.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Since I changed the battery on my smoke detector the stats and panel have continued to beep because of the smoke detector. I called today to resolve the matter and the technician was very patient and walked me thru the steps necessary to get the smoke detector to stop issuing a trip to the panel. Thank you so much.

Hi Anna,

We’re glad we were able to help you out. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Called up to get a certificate for homeowners insurance discount. The customer service rep was exceptional and expedited my request ASAP. Super sweet explaining what was needed. Can't get better than that. No waiting weeks or even days for the request to be processed as other companies. No talking down to customers. Highly recommended.

The vector installation went great. The installer was very friendly and did a great job. My only complaint is that the sales person handling our agreement took almost 2 weeks to get the full contract correctly in the system. I wish it would have been more timely so that we didn't have to go so long without a security system.

Hi John,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing. We have forwarded your comments to your local branch for follow up. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I inherited a 3 year contract on their security system from the former owners of my home. They insisted that I pay all three years to discontinue service after several false alarms had us woken in the middle of the night and we had to shut down the system. The repairman said we needed to buy an upgraded system and could not ensure the false alarms would not continue. Having now paid all three years I am not being allowed to discontinue the contract and am routinely harassed by mail and phone to pay past due bills for a 4th year of service. Awful!

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for your compliments about Sean. We're glad you're happy with our service. Happy Thanksgiving!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

Sean is always polite and make sure we are happy. He is our number one pick when we need maintenance on our system! Sean and Vector always make sure our home and family is secure. We are very happy with the service.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We’re happy to hear you are satisfied with the service you’re receiving from us. Have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

My remote stopped working in the morning, by 5 that same day I had a new one. I've been a customer for 16 years and always receive good service. While getting a new remote, I was also able to discuss and schedule having a radio back-up system added to what I was using.

Hi Leah,

Thank you for your kind words about our team. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action! We rely on recommendations from customers like you; our ReferralRewards program can earn you incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Please contact your branch for details.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

I was referred by Erica/Justin ** and employee Rick **. I was impressed that the sales and technicians did not push the company on the customer and let the product speak for itself. I was warned what to look out for (monthly contractual fee's going up extremely high after a year and having more time left on contract), and after research Vector was the only one's around who do not do that. Tonii was quick to respond, came to my home and gave me all the different options and explained everything in detail. Later in the day I was contacted and appointment was made for the next week. I felt like I was an important customer by the swift action that was taken. When the techs Matt and Jeremy came they were professional, courteous, and very nice. I enjoyed the whole experience and justified my reasons for becoming a Vector Security customer. I have already recommended to friends who are building a new home. Thank you!

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your compliments about Glenn. We're glad to hear you're happy with our service. Have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

We have had Vector for many years. This is not a new installation. I had an alarm question. I called customer service and spoke to Glenn. He was very helpful and eager to answer all of my questions. Very pleasant to speak to.

Hi Donald,

Thank you for your kind words about Anthony and Kim. We're glad you're happy with the service. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

Installed on 11/16/16 by Anthony - Anthony did a great job on our system = install. He was professional, courteous and efficient. Also very patient with us when we were learning the system. Thanks to him and Kim for providing us with a great system. RPV.

Hi Ron,

Welcome to Vector Security! We're glad to hear you're happy with your service. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

We inherited Vector from Bayou Security and Pelican Security. Everything went smoothly. Vector repairman was very knowledgeable and fixed the problem. Everything went smoothly. We are very happy with our service and recommend Vector to others. Have a nice day.

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your compliments about our team. We look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great weekend.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

We wanted the first rate security that Vector provides. Jason, Stephen and Stone have been absolutely amazing and we loved working with them. They even helped us unload some packages as we moved. They definitely went above and beyond. We are very happy with our security system.

Hi Carla,

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security; we rely on recommendations from customers like you. We’re happy to hear you are satisfied with the service you’re receiving from us. Have a great day.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I am very thankful for Vector, they are always there when needed. If I can't get to the phone they call my contacts which makes me feel secure. Every service rep is very professional and helpful. I am looking to add more products because the product is great.

Hi Ryan,

Glad you are happy with the service you received from Darren. Thanks for choosing Vector Security!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Darren, our installer called to let us know when he was on his way to set up our system. After arriving, he was able to quickly pair our existing system and test all of our sensors. He then gave a demonstration of the panel system as well as the app. Everything was explained in detail and he made sure all of our questions were answered.

Hi Sharon,

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

It's was a new install in both homes. Jim the gentleman that done all the paperwork was very knowledgeable and a big help. The tech that installed was very professional and thorough. I am very pleased I change company. I had my other security system for 19 years. They did not have the perks that you offered. I realized that it was time for a change for the better!

Hi James,

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Previously had Vector security system in our other home. We were always informed of an alarm going off and everything worked well. Darren was very professional and informative. He installed our system in a good amount of time and answered all of the questions I had about the system.

Hi Matthew,

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Sales safe very helpful. Installer had some issues but did have them resolved before leaking. Installer had issues with getting signal from our building and acted like it could not be done. Had to make many phone calls for help during installation. Was a very nice guy, just seemed to not know what he was doing. Install took longer than expected.

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your kind words about Scott. The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Scott came for a service call and did an excellent job! Date 11/7/16. He deserves a commendation. He fixed the problem and at the same time helped with two other problems I had with the system which others said could not be changed. He is extraordinary, very friendly, courteous, and very knowledgeable. He stayed late and didn't worry about time.

Hi Laura,

We're glad to hear you were happy with the service you received from John and Darren. Thanks for choosing Vector Security!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I choose Vector as that was the system currently in the home. The installers (John & Darren) were amazing... tidy, thorough etc. Darren was here two days & was a very detailed & just awesome!!! I did ask a few questions during my preliminary consultation that I have not yet been addressed. Hopefully I will get resolution soon. As far as the value?? Too soon to tell... Thanks.

Vector Security Company Profile