4.76/5
  • 1 star
Based on 2,224 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ranked #5 among the top home security system providers in the United States, recognized as #1 in security by SDM Magazine and the 2016 Installer of the Year by SSI magazine. Vector Security® provides security and home automation systems to more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and multi-site enterprises. With services tailored to fit each customer's needs, we offer everything from alarm monitoring and video surveillance to personal emergency response and energy management.

Vector Security Gallery (4)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

3481 Vector Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

The Vector tech. Mr ** was a hand on tech came in and fixed the problem. I will tell my friends\family who needs a security system to get Vector System and I thank my wife family for having this system.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have a Vector client for some years now. When my wife and I moved we experience a break in. Afterwards we became Vector customers. I am pleased with the prompt and friendly service I receive. The technicians are very professional and provide great service.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I needed to upgrade my security system. So, I reached out to Vector for installation requirements and pricing. The customer service team was excellent. They worked with me to make the upgrade affordable. The installation was well executed and professional. I'd recommend Vector to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Fast solution to problem, great company. Always knowledgeable service and problem solving. Will stay with Vector forever. Tech was knowledgeable on our system and fixed our issues quickly. He also updated our signs outside and moved it closer to the road to be more visible.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I’ve been a Vector Security customer for over 15 years now and I’m always pleased with their prompt and professional service. The technician Allen called in advance to let me know his ETA and was right on time. Allen did a great job explaining the problem and was very professional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We got Vector because of break-in in the area and our Seaboard security alarm was no longer active then to it was a very old alarm. Vector had a lot of new stuff that works remotely with the smartphones which I really liked.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Happy with service, monitoring has been good, serviceman very professional and skilled, office people always polite and helpful. System has been reliable for years with only occasional glitches, usually due to my failure to clean and check. I'm done. System is good to protect house for what I need.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

The technician was friendly and professional, diagnosed the problem promptly and completed the task in question. We would recommend Vector Security to anyone looking for a security company. Keep up the professionalism and great work! Thank you for the excellent service today. Job well done!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My husband's company uses Vector. He already knew Rick and liked his professionalism. Our initial meeting was thorough. Our installer, Greg, was great. He was very knowledgeable and prompt. He explained every option before he left and pointed out things in the brochure for future use.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Overall I have been a very satisfied Vector customer for many, many years. The service technician Allen ** was polite and a pleasure to work with. He listened to what I had to say and offered me solutions to some of my concerns.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We have had Vector for our security services and central vacuum system that was installed when our home was built. Service is good when we call for issues and have our calls returned promptly. The Delaware Branch are very consistent with taking care issues when service is needed.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I was referred by a family member. I looked at ADT, but was not impressed by their service tech or their equipment. I like Vector quick response and knowledge of their system. I am thinking of letting them update to the wireless system.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I've been impressed with Vector and their techs. I had the system since 2005 and haven't had any major problems. The tech that came today was very nice and thorough. He replaced some equipment and explained my service plan. Vector is a great company and I would recommend to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Because I Vector before and I had a break in... The staff was nice and did the job very quickly. En route to installing my new security system the technician called with an ETA. He was professional and patiently answered all my questions. He help me setting my account on my phone and made sure that I was very comfortable with my new Security system. I would definitely refer Vector Security to all my friends and family who might be in the market for security services.

Michelle,

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We have been with the Vector company for over 10 years. We are very pleased with the service they provide. Today we requested Vector company to inspect our keypads as we have been experiencing some difficulty, some beeping noise keep coming from the keypads. Vector sent out the technician, name Mr. Steve ** who thoroughly inspected the entire system and fixed the problem. Mr. ** was very professional and knowledgeable and he was also very helpful in explaining some important features in the security system. Mr. ** kindness and professionalism is highly appreciated.

Gagan,

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I chose Vector Security because The company I was with about twenty years ago was bought by Vector. I have been a customer for about twenty years with Vector now. I have not changed companies because Vector provides good service and when there is a problem they always fix it.

Sandra,

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Great communication skills, nice personality, I enjoy talking with the service representative and how she was willing to look at my account with a positive attitude. I wish more companies would have a attitude like this young lady. I have to give her a kudos.

Cassandra,

Thanks for your compliments about our team. We look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We have been a Vector customer for years and have had nothing but a great experience. This week my system started acting up and I ended up with the police and my door twice. I called Vector and they had an analyst here in a couple days. They acknowledged I had an issue, explained what happened and resolved it immediately. The analyst was very pleasant and made sure I understood what the problem was.

Michelle,

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

The gentlemen were perfect! They worked really hard and kept me apprised of all the steps. I am amazed on how quickly and effectively they installed the equipment. I love the apps Vector security has provided and I would recommend Vector to everyone in my neighborhood.

Meredith,

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We rely on recommendations from satisfied customers like you; our ReferralRewards program can earn you incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Please contact your branch for details.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We have had and used Vector for over 15 years now. We have had Excellent customer service and alarm service. Alarm Central Station staff are responsive and quick to answer. The installed system is simple to use and to understand. Alerts are easily identified and disabled.

James,

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I am happy to say that your tech Ian ** did a wonderful job. He was polite and courteous. He keep me inform on all the work that he was doing. He made the process easy and simply. Vector is lucky to have a technician like him.

Laurie,

Thanks for your compliments about Ian. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Inherited Vector when I purchased a business. They made the transition very smooth and have been a pleasure to deal with. Highly recommend to my friends. My service technician was great and seemed to know his stuff. Great Company to deal with.

Chris,

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security; we appreciate recommendations from satisfied customers like you. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Many people in my neighborhood were installing Vector Security systems at the time. They referred me. I was very pleased with A.J., the technician who came to my house today for service. He was very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. I have been satisfied with my system and feel safer with it. There have been few problems.

Margaret,

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We were not notified when Vector acquired our previous security provider, Security Associates, so I was surprised when I received the invoice for services. After reaching out to your customer service team for various requests (updated contact info, W9 for payment, etc.) I was pleasantly surprised at the urgency in response to my inquiries. I am rating my experience at a '4' based on the lack of notification after the acquisition - the customer service has been excellent. Thank you.

Ursula,

We appreciate your feedback and will share this with our team in an ongoing effort to improve our customer service. Thanks for your loyalty and have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Just wanna say what a pleasure to have Vector Security to install my alarm system today. Anthony from Vector came out to install my alarm panel and did a wonderful job. He was so neat and clean. Anthony went over everything about the alarm system and showed us how to use the App that I love. Great Job Anthony!!!!

John,

Thanks for your compliments about Anthony. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Based on web customer reviews, referral from Comcast. During initial consultation sales rep explained everything in detail, didn't pressure me in any way, didn't pressure me for things I didn't need. The installer was very nice, arrived on time, and explained everything in great detail. Took the time to answer all of my questions. And also go over and review with me several times until I felt educated.

Andrea,

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Damned great professional service and knowledge. Could not ask for better technician. Meji showed his badge before entering my home. He explained everything and demonstrated how the new fob worked. You should give Meji a Huge raise and a promotion!!!

Fausta,

Thanks for your compliments about Meji. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Thank you to Eric **, sales rep, and Adam, an installer for the great introduction to the Vector Security system. They are very professional and answered all of my questions thoroughly. Adam set up the iPhone app and helped me set up the system for the lighting modules, doorbell, and alarm system. I am very pleased so far, thank you.

Marilyn,

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I called to replace a battery and Allen found and fixed two other issues. Great service, Allen explained possible wireless upgrades. Will probably upgrade soon, thanks to Allen my system is back up and running again and I feel comfortable arming my system.

Michael,

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Notified by Vector that my card on file wasn't working. Called To let me know. Nice and courteous. Rep for Vector was able to straighten things out and to make sure that this would not happen again next month. Excellent customer service.

Wendell,

We’re glad we were able to help you out. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Vector Security Company Information