Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.75/5
    1901
Based on 2,056 ratings submitted in the last year

For nearly 50 years, Vector Security has been a premier provider of intelligent security solutions tailored to the needs of the customer. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the company offers a full suite of electronic security services for residential, business and national account customers across North America and the Caribbean through a network of branches, authorized dealers and their ADS Security division. The Vector Security Networks division offers customized physical security and managed network services to multi-site commercial customers. Vector Security is a sister company of the Philadelphia Contributionship, a mutual insurance company founded in 1752, and currently provides cost-effective, technology-based security and automation solutions to nearly 386,000 homes and businesses across 58 branch locations.

Vector Security Gallery (6)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)

BOTTOM LINE

Vector Security offers three plans with varying levels of technology. Although the cancellation process is not ideal, their excellent warranty and home automation support are huge positives.

PROS

• Support for home automation
  • System relocation option
  • SecureCare warranty

CONS

• Strict cancellation policy

Top Vector Security Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Great service, technician is always patient and wants to do a great job each time he services my home, and he always does!! Technician is always on time and very professional, always satisfied with his work.

Equipment [is] easy to use and looks great. Highly recommend. Camera very clear picture. My installer and rep was very helpful and went out of their way for us. Happy happy happy.

What is Vector Security?

Vector’s basic package starts at $39.95 a month and each package, even the most basic, includes a SecureCare warranty that covers equipment replacement and service repairs at no extra cost. Vector also offers a SecureCare Plus package that provides the same benefits as the SecureCare warranty, plus free installation if you relocate, free inspections every other year, and free battery replacements. Vector Security will install your system for you. You can use mobile devices to access live video surveillance.

How does Vector Security work?

You can sign up for Vector Security by calling to schedule an appointment or by ordering online. A Vector home security representative will set up a time to come and install the system for you. To prevent voiding the warranty on equipment, a Vector technician will need to install any further updates. Vector Security professionally monitors each system and offers contracts ranging from 36 to 60 months.

Vector Security prices

The Basic Security plan is $39.95/mo, the Home Automation plan is $49.95/mo, and the Connected Home plan is $69.95/mo, meaning Vector Security cost is about average compared to other home security companies. Unfortunately, Vector Security pricing for equipment is not available on their website, so you’ll have to contact them to learn more.

Vector Security packages

Vector Security has three packages: the Basic Security, Home Automation and the Connected Home Package. The Basic Security is just what it sounds like — the simplest and most affordable plan from Vector. Both the Home Automation and Connected Home Package offer smart home support and integration. The Connected Home Package is the most extensive package and comes with additional equipment.

Basic SecurityHome AutomationConnected Home Package
Basic Security
Home Automation
Connected Home Package

Vector Security equipment

As with many other home security companies, 2GIG makes Vector Security’s equipment. The 12-point false alarm reduction works to reduce the number of times a non-emergency is reported as an emergency. To learn more about the pricing on Vector Security’s equipment, it’s best to contact Vector Security over the phone and request a quote. Some of Vector’s equipment includes:

• Door sensors
  • Event-triggered surveillance
  • Carbon monoxide detection
  • Panic button
  • Medical alert

Vector also has several home automation options if you purchase the Home Automation plan or the Connected Home Package. You can manage the system using the Alarm.com app, Google Home or Amazon Alexa. Features include:

• Event-triggered automation
  • Thermostat control
  • Lighting control
  • Appliance control
  • Electronic door locks

Vector Security FAQ

Where is Vector Security available?
Vector Security locations are chiefly in the eastern United States. Vector Security is available in:
  • Alabama
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
Is Vector Security compatible with the Amazon Echo?
Yes, you can integrate Vector Security with the Amazon Echo, allowing you to use voice commands to control your security system. Vector is also compatible with Google Home and Z-Wave.
How do I cancel Vector Security?
Admittedly, canceling a Vector home security system is a hassle. You must send a Vector security cancellation letter notifying them of your decision. If you want to cancel before the 36-month contract is up, you still have to pay 100% of your unpaid balance.
Is there a Vector Security app?
Yes, there are Vector Security apps for Apple and Android that let you control and monitor your system from your smartphone.

Do we recommend Vector Security?

We recommend Vector Security for their smart home automation systems, great warranty, and free installation if you relocate. They also have a solid lineup of equipment. The most common drawback mentioned in Vector Security reviews is the cancelation policy, which could be more lenient; however, as a whole, we still enthusiastically support their home alarm systems.

Vector Security Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: July 13, 2020

During a storm last Friday afternoon a lightning flash must have knocked out our fire alarm system for our condos. When I came home the Geneva on the Lake fire dept had just left due to the fire alarm sent to them. I called Vector and Linda put through to Matt in technical service. Matt assisted us with our problem and had the parts available to make the repairs. We agreed to wait until the storm went away and then we would make the repairs.

Matt met me on Saturday morning as we discussed on Friday evening. Matt worked out and repaired the problems with the system. Once he was done with repairs to the system a few board members along with myself were discussing clearing a large branch that had fallen across a driveway at our condos. All we could come up with was an old dull bow saw that would have taken us all day to cut up the fallen branches.

Matt came to the condos rescue when he brought out a battery operated Sawzall and started cutting through the branches like butter. Matt took an extra ten minutes or so of his Saturday to help us clear our driveway of all downed branches. We on the NorthCoast Landing Condo Association board wish to Thank Matthew Gersper for going Above and Beyond the Call of Duty and helping to clear the fallen branches and open up our driveway. Awesome job Matt!!

Dave, Dave, Kit, Robert

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words about Matt. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

This review is for Mr. **, who came out to fix a problem that I was having with my system. Mr. ** was very kind, knowledgeable, and quick. When he came to the door, he smiled and that made me feel better about letting a stranger enter my home. He was very business oriented, but kind at the same time. He asked for my permission to come in to do the work that he needed to do before entering. I was very impressed with the character of this man. He asked me to sign a permission form on his notebook or computer and he proceeded to do his job. He was very quiet, but thorough and he completed the job quickly in my opinion. He did an awesome job.

Vector Security response

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

We've been with you for a very long time. Most service men have been professional, some more than others. As an owner of two small businesses, I know first hand how important it is to find good, responsible employees. I wanted to let you know, in all of the years with you, NO ONE has impressed me more than Mike ** during the recent service call. He is the only one to ever put on shoe covers, called when he was supposed to, was very knowledgeable, professional and most importantly to me, very kind and friendly. Not overly friendly either, I've had those. But, enough that made me feel comfortable with him in my home. He has no idea I am doing this, I hope it makes a difference. I am crazy busy, but wanted to take the time. Whatever you are paying him, give him more, or do something to make it easier for him to stay! If we could find employees like him, we'd do anything to keep them around! Thanks for your good service over the years!

Sincerely, Maria

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Mike. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

In our area, we had a few choices for home security companies. Because this is not our primary home (live 2 hours away), we wanted a company that was easy to communicate with, responsive, and with local work presentation to be able to help us we were not in town. We have had nothing but a phenomenal experience with Vector. The most unique feature is the fact that there is a consultant who works directly with the customer, and is available At all hours for questions or concerns. Have never called a 1-800 number... all interactions go through our consultant directly who made herself available by cell.

Our consultant, Mary **, has been absolutely phenomenal. She made great suggestions on the system and some automation features that were important to us given that this is not our primary residence. She coordinated and was present for our installation since it had to be done during the week and we are only there on weekends. She has come by several times to check on the house, going out of her way to assist us with not only setting the system up but dealing with a few Issues With our house separate from the alarm system. She has offered to stop by to assist with things that have come up in our absence, and has done so well after the sale was completed. I would definitely recommend Vector (and Mary!) to anyone in the area.

Vector Security response

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I chose Vector because I heard that it was a reliable company and well recommended by my neighbor. I just wanna commend technician Dexter ** on a job well done and his knowledge of the work that he performed. Mr. ** had called and stated that he was enroute to my house on a service call. I was at work and I asked him about the ring. He explained it to me and my wife when he got to my home. He is a dedicated worker and I would welcome him again to come to my home for any problem with my service. I wish I could say the same about a lot of other technicians that have come to my house from other companies. I will recommend Vector to all of my neighbors and friends as well as Mr. ** as a top technician, if I have another service call. I will surely ask for Mr Dexter **, because I feel the problem will be rectified and all will be ok. Truly knowledgeable of his work and a true Professional in the field of security.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you. Happy new year!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

The first visit started out seeming great but after service guy left had chirping and other problems- talked to another tech who walked me through disarming. Came today and set up correct system, rewired where needed and things work great! Thanks Curtis! Stars for this visit!

Vector Security response

We’re glad we were able to help you out. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

The installers have NO idea what they are doing...When the rep came out "sereptra" she seemed to be on speed or drugs...I had to actually teach the installer how to run the wires without drilling multiple holes through my outside wall, I have Pictures, worst experience I've ever had with a company that's proclaims professionalism...Stay away...Can add more pics...They drilled straight through my outside wall and left the exposed on the inside...Rain water could follow the wire to the inside...Glad I was here to help the guy or I'd be replacing my floor...DO NOT USE VECTOR IN POWDERSVILLE SC, as seen in the pics I had to use the "stuff" to fill the holes on bother the outside wall and inside wall...Had over 2 hours of work myself fixing their lack of knowledge,..would not let me upload photos...I'll share if needed at **...Thanks.

James,

Thank you for your feedback. We are forwarding your comments to our Dealer Division for follow up. We appreciate your patience as we look into the matter. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Our older Vector Security system was updated recently. This visit was for a service call, as we were receiving multiple fault codes and texts. Your technician was prompt, friendly and professional, answered all of my questions and had my system functioning normally again. He also very graciously edited my settings to my preferences. As an added plus, he was very friendly to my dogs.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Nick was great! I informed him I had an appointment and had to leave in a few hours. He worked diligently in getting all the work done that was on his work order. Nick was professional and patient. He had a great attitude and I can tell he enjoyed his work and was customer service oriented towards his customers. Overall, very great job from Nick!

Vector Security response

We’re glad you are happy with the service you received from Nick. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

We chose Vector Security because he use them in our home for four years. The system works well, also love to use our phones for taking it off if someone needs to get into the house, then when they leave, turn on again, love the new one with the front door.

Vector Security Company Information