4.5/5 (942 ratings)

About Vector Security

Vector Security has provided intelligent security solutions for nearly 50 years. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the company offers a full suite of electronic security services for residential, business and national account customers. Vector Security assists with security consultations, installation, monitoring and service. It has over 386,000 customers.

Pros

• System relocation options
  • Equipment warranty
  • Support for home automation

Cons

• Strict cancellation policy
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Vector Security offers three plans with varying levels of wireless technology. Although its cancellation process is not ideal, the company provides an excellent warranty, and the home automation support is a huge positive.

Top Vector Security Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I chose Vector to protect me because my daughter and son in law had it and they loved it… Brendan was the installer and did amazing. He arrived on time. Brendan wore a mask, and l...

Verified

Vector took over previous security company. Lady that setup my appointment for a service call very professional. Service tech was also very professional. Would recommend this comp...

What is Vector Security?

Vector Security is a home alarm and surveillance company. All systems include professional monitoring services from Vector Security-owned and -operated monitoring centers. Monitoring contracts range from 36 to 60 months. You can use mobile devices to access live video surveillance.

You can sign up for Vector Security by calling to schedule an appointment or by ordering online. A Vector Security representative will set up a time to come and install the system for you.

Vector Security prices

Vector home security systems start around $40 per month for the Essential Security plan. Home Automation plans cost around $50 per month, and the Connected Home plan is around $70 per month.

Vector Security monitoring costs are pretty average when compared with other home security companies. Unfortunately, Vector Security pricing for equipment is not available on its website, so you’ll have to contact the company to learn more.

The company includes a one-year warranty from the date of installation. Two types of extended warranties are available. SecurityCare covers equipment replacement and service repairs at no extra cost. Vector also offers a SecurityCare Plus package that provides the same benefits as the SecurityCare extended warranty, plus free installation if you relocate, system inspections every other year and battery replacements.

Vector Security packages

Vector Security has three home security packages: Essential Security, Home Automation and Connected Home. The Essential Security plan is the simplest and most affordable plan. Both the Home Automation and Connected Home packages offer smart home support and integration. The Connected Home package is the most extensive and comes with additional equipment.

Essential SecurityHome AutomationConnected Home
Essential Security
Home Automation
Connected Home

Additional Vector Security equipment

As with many other home security companies, 2GIG makes Vector Security’s equipment. The 12-point false alarm reduction works to reduce the number of times a nonemergency is reported as an emergency. To learn more about the pricing on Vector Security’s equipment, it’s best to contact Vector Security over the phone and request a quote. Some of Vector Security’s equipment includes:

• Door sensors
  • Carbon monoxide detection
  • Panic button
  • Medical alert

Vector Security FAQ

Where is Vector Security available?
Vector Security is available to residents of the following states:
  • Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
Is Vector Security compatible with the Amazon Echo?
Yes, you can integrate Vector Security with the Amazon Echo, allowing you to use voice commands to control your security system. Vector Security’s products are also compatible with Google Home and use Z-Wave technology.

Vector also has several home automation options if you purchase the Home Automation plan or the Connected Home package. You can manage the system using the Vector Security app, Google Home or Amazon Alexa. Features include:

• Event-triggered automation
  • Thermostat control
  • Lighting control
  • Appliance control
  • Electronic door locks
How do I cancel Vector Security?
If you want to cancel service, you must send a 30-day cancellation notice to a Vector Security local branch. If you cancel before your contract is up, you will likely be subject to penalties such as equipment costs, an early termination fee and the costs for the remaining monthly monitoring fees.
Is there a Vector Security app?
Yes, there is a Vector Security app for both Apple and Android that lets you control and monitor your security system from your smartphone.

Is Vector Security any good?

At the time of publishing, Vector Security is one of the highest-rated companies on our home alarm guide. We recommend Vector Security for its smart home automation systems, strong warranty and relocation services. It also has a solid lineup of equipment. The most common drawback mentioned in Vector Security reviews is the cancellation policy, which could be more lenient; however, as a whole, we still enthusiastically support its home alarm systems.

Vector Security Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2011

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: May 12, 2021

I chose Vector because I already had Vector. I am incredibly pleased with the services provided by Kevin. He explained everything to me in advance so that I had sufficient information to make my decisions. He explained everything at the end so that I could quickly and easily understand the system. What I was most impressed with, however, was how he understood what I needed and what would matter to me as he placed the cameras and armed the system. I have the appropriate views from the cameras and I feel that it is very much worth the time and expense. I have always been pleased with the service provided by Vector, but Kevin really took everything above and beyond the service level that I experienced before. It truly was outstanding, outstanding service. I feel much safer now. Thank you for sending someone so expert with the system.

Vector Security response

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I chose Vector Security because they are known for being one of the top companies in the world. This was a new installation for me, it was an amazing experience. My representative John was so awesome, very professional, prompt, courteous, patient and very understanding. He took the extra time to sit down with me to explain the system so that I understood it well before leaving. The cost of the security system was very reasonable vs the other security system (ADT) that I have had for over 4 plus years.

I left ADT due to the cost, once I tried to cancel then they wanted to lower the cost. I said no because I felt like that they should have reached out to me sooner since I had been with them for so long. I felt like I had been cheated all of these years and did not want to be a part of a dishonest company that would overcharge their customers. I am happy to have found Vector Security. I will be a customer from now on and will tell all of my friends. If you need a security company come on over here because this is the place to be.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Josh arrived promptly at the promised time, he also called 30 min prior to arriving. Josh was very nice and professional. He updated our system from a 2 Gig radio system to a 4 Gig system and he installed a new door lock with keypad. I was very please with his patience with me. He made me aware of the Vector App and helped me through the set up of the app. He also answered all my many questions and did not make me feel he was rushed at all. I really did appreciate that. He also took the time to make sure each of my less than 10 employees, knew how to use the new keypad lock and let each of them try it out before he left. Probably a couple of hours after he left my office, I had a few questions about some paperwork he left me. I texted him to ask him to call me back at his convenience as I had questions. He called me back almost immediately and answered my questions. Y'all need to hang onto him!

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words about Josh. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

We have been with Vector Security for many years and we always have good things to say about our service. Chris came today to install our new panel, replace the batteries and install a doorbell camera. Over the many years we have been with Vector I always request Chris to take care of our system. I asked especially for him because he does such a good job, he answers all our questions when showing us how everything works, he is very nice and courteous and we feel very comfortable having him in our home. He cleans everything up before leaves and makes sure we are satisfied with his work. We have always had great experiences with Vector they respond very quickly and it is a pleasure to deal with their employees. We highly recommend them.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your compliments about Chris. We're glad you're happy with the service you received. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer that signs with us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Vector Security did the installation of the system back in 2017. We began having problems several months ago with system failing. Jeremy came out twice and diagnosed the problem during the second service call. He was very professional and honest from the very first service call. He let us know what the problem was (system was obsolete 4 months from original installation and didn't have the memory to update the system), this was very frustrating as we could not log in to activate, deactivate badges or make any changes to the doors for the site. Jeremy did not charge us for the service calls or the new equipment that was needed to get us up and running. Jeremy made an extremely frustrating situation so much more bearable. He is an asset to your company and he will be the resource we reach out to for any further issues. Thank you Jeremy for all your hard work, time and Patience - it was greatly appreciated!

Vector Security response

We’re glad you are happy with the service you received from Jeremy. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: July 25, 2021

We have had this security system since 1988 and have kept it through different companies. Westec was first. We loved the FM antenna in case phone line was cut but unfortunately they stopped that service. Like knowing we had glass protection on a huge sunroom if someone broke the glass to get in. We were broken into 2 times which made us get system in the first place.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: July 23, 2021

Added external security cameras to our system. Curtis, the installer, was excellent. He was courteous, professional and clean. He respected our property. Curtis made sure that we understood the camera functions after professionally guiding us through the computer install process.

Vector Security response

We’re glad you are happy with the service you received from Curtis. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: July 23, 2021

Had multiple devices and wasn’t sure which battery was low. Turns out Devon identified two non working devices, removed them and then replaced battery which was low. He also patiently showed us how to bypass a window when we use our window unit air conditioner.

Vector Security response

We’re glad you are happy with the service you received from Devon. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: July 22, 2021

Highly recommend Bob! Had an issue after a storm a couple of weeks ago. He was On time (early actually!) knowledgeable, professional and kind. He knew his stuff and walked me through what to do should this happen again. Well done!

Vector Security response

We’re glad you are happy with service from Bob. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: July 22, 2021

You are my service provider. I had service today. very good service I might add. Service technician was very nice, neat and polite, answered all questions regarding system. I have been very happy with my system and service throughout the years. Thank you Vector

Vector Security Company Information

www.vectorsecurity.com

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES
    AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
    2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)