toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Susan,

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

Vector Security is one of our clients so it was our professional courtesy and sop to offer opportunity to earn our business. Also the owner of the company recommended Vector because they are the security company he uses residentially at several locations. As purchasing manager, I have to say the best service and the best price was given by Rick **. He spent as much time necessary with me, explaining every aspect of quote and installation process. We have had no problems. We are thrilled with the outcome of your service. Eric came out for annual inspection and everything is good to go! I recommend your services to anyone I come in contact with when the subject arises.

Hi Thelma,

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

I have enjoyed the peace of mind and security with my Vector Security system for almost 2 years. When someone stole a package from my front porch last week, I turned to the company again for their home video surveillance system. Doug ** was at my home in one hour to set up service. They were able to fit me into their schedule on Monday. My service was expertly installed by Mark **. Five stars for Vector Security for this low-cost addition to my home, 24-hour excellent customer service and support.

Hi Paula,

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I have been with Vector for about 5 years and I've always had a pleasant experience with your dispatchers and your technicians. It was a pleasure working with Sean **. He showed up before the time I was told and I really appreciated that. He explained to me about upgrading my system and eased my worries about a heat detector that was hanging in my garage that's not connected to your system. He talked to me about purchasing a heat but I'm not ready as of yet. I really appreciate your prompt response to this. I feel safe and secure! Looking to continue my service.

Hi Linda,

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I love my new system, Nick was at my home on time and very professional. I only took about 2 1/2 hours to install my new security system. Nick took his time showing me how to work my new system. I now feel very safe in my home.

Hi Judy,

Thanks for your compliments about Terry. We're glad you are happy with your service. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I have had the pleasure of working with Terry ** since I began employment at Thrifty Check Cashing in 2000. She is extremely helpful and very efficient. She has a great personality, is always upbeat and a pleasure to speak with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Vector did a great job transferring the alarm system in our new building over to our business. The manager Cory at our local branch handled everything and made sure it was a smooth and simple transition. Thanks so much for the service!

Hi William,

Thanks for your compliments about our team. We look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Changes to call list and security codes. Thank you to Angie ext. ** and Samantha ** for their expedient and quality service in changing the system. They were both very knowledgeable and nice to deal with. Please make sure that both are appropriately recognized.

Alarm Panel - We have been with Vector for a number of years. They are always professional, courteous, and supportive. Our issues are handled promptly and the technicians are very knowledgeable. They have gotten us out of some tough jams. Their service has been invaluable to our agency!

The customer care center assistant that help me this morning was really terrific with obtaining my information and taking care of my concerns involving my bill payment. It was short and simple that's the type of service that customers enjoy. Thanks again for all the again.

Salesman for Vector was a friend of someone I worked with several years ago. He was a wonderful, nice man so we chose him to install in our newly constructed house and it turned out wonderful. Could not be happier with the business.

After my smoke detector went off about two weeks ago my alarm system was disarmed. When I tried to restart it the system would not work. A Vector representative said I needed a service call and would have to pay. I agreed and waited almost two weeks for an appointment that would have been today. When I received a call from the serviceman he was in Millville, DE which is close to my summer home not where the problem was at my primary home in Maryland. When the original representative made the appointment she never asked which home.

Thank goodness the service agent in Delaware was Tim **! When he heard the mix up he said he could help me over the phone. He had me describe my keypad and was able to walk me through the problem in just a few minutes. What a wonderful man to take the time to help! He deserves to be recognized for his outstanding service! When I called the main number to tell of my experience I spoke with Rita **. She was very apologetic and willing to listen. Both Tim and Rita are great ambassadors for your company! In closing I hope your phone reps will be instructed to ask the address of the home needing service.

My experience to the two guys that showed up today was great. Chris and David were very thorough with the inspection. I also appreciated that they were here on time and put shoe covers on. He mentioned the carbon monoxide service and even looked at the one that was plugged in and told me it was due to be changed. You have my business as long as you have guys like Chris and David representing your company.

I am a long-time Vector customer. My home security system is not working properly so I called the Columbia, MD office this morning to schedule a service call and spoke to Rita. I have never encountered such professional courtesy and helpful and prompt customer service in 13 years of using Vector as Rita demonstrated this morning. She clearly explained the cause of the problem and scheduled a service call for tomorrow afternoon to fix the problem. Great positive attitude that reflects so well on your company. Thank you, Rita!

Hi Charlie.

Thank you for your patience. We value your feedback and will send your comments to the local branch for follow up.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I was a bit disappointed when I was told it would be more than two weeks before I could receive service for my garage door sensor, but I had no choice. I had no choice again when I called today and asked what time the technician would arrive on Friday, January 20: "Between 8 and 5" is an unacceptable answer! That tells me that on my day off I must sit at home and wait for you. It also tells me that you value your time above mine. That is not a customer oriented attitude!

The lady I spoke to on the phone was very polite and understanding when I explained my schedule issues and after a brief hold, she told me the technician would call 1 hour prior to anticipated arrival. That is better, but it's not a schedule. With more than 2 weeks to work with, I would expect a higher level of planning. Do you want to be a company respected for customer service? - Then start by moving your dialogue into the 21st century!

My husband choose Vector Security. Thankfully, b/c he passed away. I feel more safe and secure. Every contact I've ever had, has been very helpful and has left me with the feeling that I'm not just a number but, they are truly concerned for my safety.

Hi Robert,

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

The tech arrived well within the window as described. We have had four separate alarms with our system zone #9. This tech tells me that there is a ground somewhere in the wiring and that is why the alarm is going off. I trust what he is telling me is true and it make sense. What does not make sense is why the other three techs did not uncover this issue. I feel that when you send a new tech that you update him/her with the previous service tickets. It would make their jobs easier and save your company money. I am not pleased that I have to wait until the 27th of January to get this problem fixed. They had to order the parts... I would think you would have parts on hand.

Hi Graham,

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Smoke detector check - Verification that the detectors were functioning correctly. Was concerned that though we had smoke the previous day the detector did not go off. At least I now know that your system does not detect a malfunction. The reason for the failure of the detectors to sound could have been with the distance they are from the problem site or that the smoke was not dense enough to trigger an alarm.

Hi Pamela,

We're glad Samantha was able to help you. We apologize for the long wait on hold and will pass your comment onto the branch. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Canceling automatic credit card payment, switching to checking. I called because my credit card had been compromised. Samantha at 1-800-222-6565 was very friendly, helpful and thorough. My only complaint is the long wait on hold before I reached a representative.

Hi David,

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We're glad you're happy with our service. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Great Customer Service. Person on phone was pleasant to speak with. Always prompt to take care of any issue I call about. Will recommend to anyone looking for a home security system. Keep up the great work Vector.

Hi Adam,

We’re glad we were able to help you out. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

They are always helpful and reliable. They have great response time and hold time is never an issue. They never try to sell me anything. They just help me with my problem. The young lady I spoke to today explained everything slowly and to help me pay my bill.

Hi Francine,

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Agata ** was very nice and efficient in providing me what I needed in a very prompt fashion. It was a pleasure dealing with Agata because she understood exactly what I needed and emailed it to me right away.

Samantha was very helpful and had excellent personal skills and communication skills on the phone. She was helpfully, curious, kind, knowledgeable and personable. She took care of my request and made sure I was going to receive my information through the proper channels.

Hi Jon,

We’re glad to know you are happy with your service. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Chose Vector because I have a Vector system now. Interaction with sales associate went fine. I would recommend Vector to friends and family. Pleased with Vector service to date. Neighbors in development have Vector as well. Look forward to my camera install.

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. Please do contact your local branch if you would like help with your door sensor.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Friendly and polite customer service when I needed to update my payment method. Not too happy that I have a door sensor not functioning properly. Other than sensor issue, we are happy with the services provided for almost four years.

Hi LaToyia,

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I contacted Agata, yesterday evening, regarding an updated security alarm certificate and this morning I received an email containing my request. No follow up email or phone call was required. This is usually not the case when requesting information from a company.

Hi Judy,

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Recommended by co either. Need to have house secure. Toni was very personable and knowledgeable about the products and processes. Matt was very polite. He cleaned up areas as he installed equipment. Explained and demonstrated after installation. Would recommend in the future.

Hi Adena,

Thank you for your loyalty. We're glad Danielle was able to help you out. We look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I've been a satisfied customer of your company since its name was Westinghouse. On the whole your service is responsive & responsible. This afternoon's interchange with Danielle was particularly so. She asked the right questions and followed through responsibly & quickly. Very satisfying to work with her.

Hi Eunice,

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Good experience with Mary and Andrew. Customer service was good, very nice and professional, answered all of my questions. Very knowledgeable about the products offered... installation was overall a good experience. Would recommend to a friend. Thanks for your help Mary and Andrew.

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for your compliments about Tracy. We're glad you're happy with our service and look forward to serving you. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We already have Vector but this was a great experience. Your employee by the name of Tracy ** was the best. I tried to hire her but she was happy with her job now. That was a joke but I would if she needed a job. Thanks for help.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your compliments to Anthony and Darren. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

On 1/17/2017 I had Vector Security install a alarm system in my house and I could not be more happier with Anthony and Darren's work. They both were clean, neat, and they went over the whole system with us. I would like to say thank you for having them install my alarm system. I would recommend both of them to install your system.

Vector Security Company Profile