Call toll free
4.89/5
Based on 3,589 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ranked #4 among the top home security system providers in the United States, recognized as #1 in security by SDM Magazine and the 2016 Installer of the Year by SSI magazine. Vector Security® provides security and home automation systems to nearly 300,000 homes, businesses, and multi-site enterprises. With services tailored to fit each customer's needs, we offer everything from alarm monitoring and video surveillance to personal emergency response and energy management.

Vector Security Gallery (6)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Vector Security offers three plans with varying levels of technology. Although the cancellation process is not ideal, their excellent warranty and home automation support are huge positives.

PROS

• Support for home automation
  • System relocation option
  • SecureCare warranty

CONS

• Strict cancellation policy

Top Vector Security Reviews

09/05/2019

Great service, technician is always patient and wants to do a great job each time he services my home, and he always does!! Technician is always on time and very professional, always satisfied with his work.

09/06/2019

Equipment [is] easy to use and looks great. Highly recommend. Camera very clear picture. My installer and rep was very helpful and went out of their way for us. Happy happy happy.

What is Vector Security?

Vector’s basic package starts at $39.95 a month and each package, even the most basic, includes a SecureCare warranty that covers equipment replacement and service repairs at no extra cost. Vector also offers a SecureCare Plus package that provides the same benefits as the SecureCare warranty, plus free installation if you relocate, free inspections every other year, and free battery replacements. Vector Security will install your system for you. You can use mobile devices to access live video surveillance.

How does Vector Security work?

You can sign up for Vector Security by calling to schedule an appointment or by ordering online. A Vector home security representative will set up a time to come and install the system for you. To prevent voiding the warranty on equipment, a Vector technician will need to install any further updates. Vector Security professionally monitors each system and offers contracts ranging from 36 to 60 months.

Vector Security prices

The Basic Security plan is $39.95/mo, the Home Automation plan is $49.95/mo, and the Connected Home plan is $69.95/mo, meaning Vector Security cost is about average compared to other home security companies. Unfortunately, Vector Security pricing for equipment is not available on their website, so you’ll have to contact them to learn more.

Vector Security packages

Vector Security has three packages: the Basic Security, Home Automation and the Connected Home Package. The Basic Security is just what it sounds like — the simplest and most affordable plan from Vector. Both the Home Automation and Connected Home Package offer smart home support and integration. The Connected Home Package is the most extensive package and comes with additional equipment.

Basic SecurityHome AutomationConnected Home Package
Basic Security
Home Automation
Connected Home Package

Vector Security equipment

As with many other home security companies, 2GIG makes Vector Security’s equipment. The 12-point false alarm reduction works to reduce the number of times a non-emergency is reported as an emergency. To learn more about the pricing on Vector Security’s equipment, it’s best to contact Vector Security over the phone and request a quote. Some of Vector’s equipment includes:

• Door sensors
  • Event-triggered surveillance
  • Carbon monoxide detection
  • Panic button
  • Medical alert

Vector also has several home automation options if you purchase the Home Automation plan or the Connected Home Package. You can manage the system using the Alarm.com app, Google Home or Amazon Alexa. Features include:

• Event-triggered automation
  • Thermostat control
  • Lighting control
  • Appliance control
  • Electronic door locks

Vector Security FAQ

Where is Vector Security available?
Vector Security locations are chiefly in the eastern United States. Vector Security is available in:
  • Alabama
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
Is Vector Security compatible with the Amazon Echo?
Yes, you can integrate Vector Security with the Amazon Echo, allowing you to use voice commands to control your security system. Vector is also compatible with Google Home and Z-Wave.
How do I cancel Vector Security?
Admittedly, canceling a Vector home security system is a hassle. You must send a Vector security cancellation letter notifying them of your decision. If you want to cancel before the 36-month contract is up, you still have to pay 100% of your unpaid balance.
Is there a Vector Security app?
Yes, there are Vector Security apps for Apple and Android that let you control and monitor your system from your smartphone.

Do we recommend Vector Security?

We recommend Vector Security for their smart home automation systems, great warranty, and free installation if you relocate. They also have a solid lineup of equipment. The most common drawback mentioned in Vector Security reviews is the cancelation policy, which could be more lenient; however, as a whole, we still enthusiastically support their home alarm systems.

10158 Vector Security Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

We have been a customer of Vector for about 5 years now and the service has been great! We had another example of excellent service this week. One of the our contacts on our basement door was causing issues when setting the alarm. I called the service center and, as always, they were polite and helpful, but could not resolve all the issues. They did help me get the alarm system set with a bypass of the trouble contact and had a service call scheduled while I was talking to them.

Jeff was the technician who came to my house. He was very helpful! He explained some of the issues that could happen with contacts (battery/magnet). When he arrived, I could not duplicate the problem I was having as it had been hit of miss since the first issue. But, he replaced the contact to be sure I would not have any issues moving forward. He also took a look in the panel and noticed that the large battery in there was 5 years old. He explained that if that were to fail, we would get a notification and someone could replace. But, the expected life of those batteries is 5 years and the cost was $40. He had a battery with him, so I just asked him replace given that we were at the expected battery life. We talked about other batteries in the contacts and how they all work. I tend to ask a lot of questions, and he was patient and very informative. Thanks to Vector and Jeff for your help this week!

Vector Security response

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Vector Security inherited my account from its acquisition of Security Associates. I was an original customer of CV Security. My interaction with Vector was very good. Badi ** is my salesperson. We were able to communicate easily and set a meeting quickly. Badi's work with me went well into the evening as we completed our sales contract and structured all for installation. His patience and commitment was very good that evening. Scheduling the installation was very efficient. I received a call the next business day to schedule. Jennifer was very nice and as accommodating as possible.

The installation went very, very well. After getting a call the evening before and being told that my scheduled installation for 7am was pushed back to 10am-12Noon, I was a little irritated given that I set my work and family schedule for an early arrival. Peter ** was my installer and he was just fantastic. Peter first alerted me that the schedule change was out of his control as he was required to attend a corporate meeting. Peter was very good and gracious as he entered my home.

He was very clear and precise in setting expectations and explaining how the installation was going to take place and the amount of time it was going to take, and nuances that weren't explained during the sales process (e.g. my doorbell was a bad angle might require wiring adjustment if the install didn't meet my expectations.... I purchased the "round" doorbell camera and it wouldn't have fit in the space available. Peter walked me through the pros and cons of wiring, adjustments, and using the rectangular new camera to meet my goals). Peter clearly explained the function and operation of the 'repeater' and how such could also serve as a light-timer if needed.

Further, I decided to get a third small panel for my basement (I originally decided to only get 2 extra panels in additional to the main) and Peter was very accommodating, easily referring back to the sales contract for price execution and easily made the additional panel installation. Peter also executed repairs during the course of the installation. I called Vector earlier in the week to report malfunctioning sensors and was told that since I was getting an upgrade in a couple days, it would be easier for the installer to make the repairs. I'm not sure if this was communicated to Peter, but when told of the promise, he quickly diagnosed the exact problems with the sensors, explained why they weren't working, made the repair, and seamlessly continued through the installation.

Lastly, I ordered a 'brass' remote keyless entry system, but there were no brass colored locks on Peter's truck, just stainless steel. After a discussion with my wife and Peter's well advised help, we were able to move forward with installing the stainless steel remote door lock system. Upon completion of the installation, Peter patiently sat down, loaded the app on my phone and logged into my computer to complete the initial settings and explain the functionality of the keypad and new system. All in all, I was very, very impressed with Peter's commitment and dedication to his work, and also his manner and sensitivity to my wife and kids. Peter worked until almost 10pm to complete the job. You have a star in Peter and I wish all of my home contractor experiences were as effective and delightful as mine with Peter. Please don't hesitate to reach me for more information.

Vector Security response

We’re glad to know you are happy with the service you received. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have been associated with the retail asset protection/loss prevention/security profession for over 40 years at the highest level. Therefore, I am very familiar with the Security Alarm Systems segment on a business level as well as a residential level. It should also be noted that I give very few references for service! I have been a Vector Security customer for over 15 years and have had many competitors try to lure me away with the promise of saving a few dollars. I listen from time to time as any smart consumer would, but I simply could never justify the switch.

The service has been superior! It all started with an emergency installation that was done during a blizzard. My account rep “Gayle”, from the Geneva, Ohio office, supervised a very difficult install during extreme blizzard and subzero weather conditions while I was in AZ. Since then I have never had a service issue and their Central station’s response has been unbelievable! Very prompt, every time! Their people are extremely personable, polite and courteous. All of them!

I recently called the Geneva, Ohio branch office to ask about my account. It was nothing that important and I so stated. The person who took my call was once again, fantastic! The Branch Manager, “Brenda”, returned my call promptly and was incredible! I was not expecting any urgent reply because I stated I was in no hurry. Brenda and her office exceeded my highest expectations in customer service. She was very genuine, honest and sincere! What else could you ask for?

After my conversation, I was so impressed “again” that I just had to go online and post this review! Thank YOU, Vector Security!

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

For over thirty years, I have been the CEO of several worldwide corporations. Throughout my business life, I have always had a great respect and admiration for people who display qualities which guarantee their success as assets to the companies for whom they work. During my ongoing contact with Ms. Tracy **, I have always found her to exemplify all of the skills and attributes that I look for in all of my upper management personnel.

For the past twenty plus years I have had four or more accounts with Vector Security, and Tracy has continued to oversee the handling of all of my requests and concerns with skill and efficiency, and she is absolutely delightful to deal with by phone or e-mail. It has certainly been proven to me that no one could do a finer job than Tracy in training and overseeing the twenty-five employees under her personal supervision in the Princeton office. Each and everyone of her staff clearly displays the knowledge, graciousness and enthusiasm to always “get the job done,” and those traits are a definitive reflection of Tracy’s extraordinarily fine teaching skills.

Customer satisfaction unquestionably remains Tracy’s ultimate goal, and she flawlessly achieves that by providing your clientele with first-class service, and acting as the perfect role model for her entire staff to follow. During these flourishing economic times, it is even more important than ever to acknowledge those people whose exceptional work ethic places them in a league of their own.I truly believe that Ms. **’s superb performance as your General Manager makes her worthy of such accolades. I am certain that is why Tracy has remained a trusted employee of the Vector Security company for the past twenty-six years. I hope that Ms. ** will be recognized and commended for her outstanding levels of competence, dedication and professionalism.

I also want to note, that with all of the administrative changes that Vector Security has undergone over the years, Ms. Tracy ** remains the only reason that I have continued to remain with Vector to satisfy all of my security needs. I am constantly being solicited by other reputable companies that are price competitive and are offering me state of the art equipment free of charge, but I will forever remain loyal to Vector and my relationship with Tracy.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words, especially about Tracy. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have been a VECTOR customer for 6 years & have always been very pleased with the alarm service. This review is for customer service after other equipment was to be installed. It turned into an ongoing problem with the service & billing that was now into 4 months unresolved. Due to several phone calls, long phone wait times, leaving messages as the recording prompted, messages not answered in the 24 hour window that it was stated they would be & being transferred all over the place (including Pennsylvania) I was about to cancel the service.

I decided to try one more time before cancelling & was connected to Sally. Thanks to Sally this issue that was allowed to continue for 4 months was resolved in a matter of days. Her follow up is amazing! What she said she would do she did. Sally is an MVP (Most Valuable Personnel)!!! If not for her I would have pulled both accounts. With the resolution of the problem I decided to stay with VECTOR & Sally's professionalism is the reason why. I see her as a strong asset to customer retention for VECTOR. It should not have taken all this time. It is now resolved thanks to Sally. I would score the 4 months of customer service BEFORE Sally with 1/2 Star. I give Sally 5 Stars! Under "Tell Us More" my stars are based on the total experience that spanned 4 months.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Jeffrey went out of his way at the end of a long day of work because he saw we had a relatively urgent need. He stopped at our house and our fix was not an easy one but he spent the time and was very patient and had everything up and running quickly. Up until Jeff’s visit, I was a little annoyed that it was going to take a while to get our problem addressed but he handled so quickly that it gave me renewed faith in Vector.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Jeffrey. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

We had used Certified in Palm Coast and still had a paid ahead contract with them when moving to NSB. I do think Vector is more expensive than some companies. Now all companies offer the phone app without another fee or upgrade. Not sure how much longer I will remain with Vector. Husband William passed away over 3 yrs ago.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your feedback. We will share your comments with our team in an ongoing effort to improve our service.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I am an existing customer, who decided To use Vector security for my business location. I have been with Vector, for a long time and I am very comfortable to add another account. I highly recommend for those who are looking for an Alarm company to go ahead and contact vector security. The technician is really a great person. He his time to explain how the new system is working and is very patient and respectful.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Installation was great! Gary did a great job! He was very knowledgeable! Ken did a great job with selling the additional services. I have had issues in the past, but this experience has renewed my faith in the company. When we received the initial install five years ago, it was not the best, but this has been a much better experience.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about our team. We look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Frank and Curtis were both great. Frank provided me with all options clearly and easily. Curtis was super helpful when he came to install, giving suggestions of what would work better and why. Glad to be secured now with Vector Security.

Vector Security Company Information