4.4/5 (865 ratings)

About Vector Security

Vector Security has provided intelligent security solutions for nearly 50 years. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the company offers a full suite of electronic security services for residential, business and national account customers. Vector Security assists with security consultations, installation, monitoring and service. It has over 386,000 customers.

Pros

• System relocation options
  • Equipment warranty
  • Support for home automation

Cons

• Strict cancellation policy
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Vector Security offers three plans with varying levels of wireless technology. Although its cancellation process isn't ideal, the company provides an excellent warranty, and the home automation support is a huge positive.

Top Vector Security Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I am extremely pleased with the quality of service that I get... They listen and give you a security system that will exceed your expectations. The owner is very good at helping y...

Verified

… Excellence with customer service, friendly, and professional. They explain everything I need to know. Help me with anything I need. My children were nervous without having an al...

What is Vector Security?

Vector Security is a home alarm and surveillance company. All systems include professional monitoring services from Vector Security-owned and -operated monitoring centers. Monitoring contracts range from 36 to 60 months. You can use mobile devices to access live video surveillance.

You can sign up for Vector Security by calling to schedule an appointment or by ordering online. A Vector Security representative will set up a time to come and install the system for you.

Vector Security prices

Upfront equipment costs start between $0 and $149, depending on the package you choose. Monitoring fees range from $44.95 per month to $69.95 per month. There’s no extra charge for professional installation.

Vector Security monitoring costs are pretty average when compared with other home security companies. To learn more about the pricing on Vector Security’s equipment, it’s best to contact Vector Security over the phone and request a quote.

To see how costs compare against competitors', consider Vector Security vs. Guardian Protection, Ring vs. Vector Security, Vector Security vs. Frontpoint and Vivint vs. Vector Security.

Vector Security packages

Vector Security has three home security packages. The Essential Security plan is the simplest and most affordable plan. Both the Home Automation and Connected Home packages offer smart-home support and integration. The Connected Home package is the most extensive and comes with additional equipment.

• Essential Security: Vector Security’s starter package comes with a wireless control panel, three door and window sensors, the Vector Security app, yard signs and window decals.
  • Home Automation: This package incorporates video surveillance. The footage is streamable through the app.
  • Connected Home: This includes standard starter equipment, an indoor camera, a smart thermostat and a smart door lock.

Additional Vector Security equipment

As with many other home security companies, 2GIG makes Vector Security’s equipment. The 12-point false alarm reduction works to reduce the number of times a nonemergency is reported as an emergency.

Some of Vector Security’s equipment includes:

• Carbon monoxide detection
  • Panic button
  • Medical alert

Vector security FAQ

Where is Vector Security available?
Vector Security is available to residents of the following states:
  • Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
Is Vector Security compatible with the Amazon Echo?
Yes, you can integrate Vector Security with the Amazon Echo, allowing you to use voice commands to control your security system. Vector Security’s products are also compatible with Google Home and use Z-Wave technology.

Vector also has several home automation options if you purchase the Home Automation plan or the Connected Home package. You can manage the system using the Vector Security app, Google Home or Amazon Alexa. Features include:

• Event-triggered automation
  • Thermostat control
  • Lighting control
  • Appliance control
  • Electronic door locks
How do I cancel Vector Security?
If you want to cancel service, you must send a 30-day cancellation notice to a Vector Security local branch. If you cancel before your contract is up, you will likely be subject to penalties such as equipment costs, an early termination fee and the costs for the remaining monthly monitoring fees.
Is there a Vector Security app?
Yes, there is a Vector Security app for both Apple and Android that lets you control and monitor your security system from your smartphone.

Is Vector Security any good?

Overall, Vector Security is positively rated by verified customers. We recommend Vector Security for its smart-home automation, strong warranty and relocation services. It also has a solid lineup of equipment.

The most common drawback mentioned in Vector Security reviews is the cancellation policy, which could be more lenient; however, as a whole, we still enthusiastically support its home alarm systems.

For more, see how Vector compares with our top picks for smart home security systems.

Vector Security Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2011

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: May 12, 2021

I chose Vector because I already had Vector. I am incredibly pleased with the services provided by Kevin. He explained everything to me in advance so that I had sufficient information to make my decisions. He explained everything at the end so that I could quickly and easily understand the system. What I was most impressed with, however, was how he understood what I needed and what would matter to me as he placed the cameras and armed the system. I have the appropriate views from the cameras and I feel that it is very much worth the time and expense. I have always been pleased with the service provided by Vector, but Kevin really took everything above and beyond the service level that I experienced before. It truly was outstanding, outstanding service. I feel much safer now. Thank you for sending someone so expert with the system.

Vector Security response

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I chose Vector Security because they are known for being one of the top companies in the world. This was a new installation for me, it was an amazing experience. My representative John was so awesome, very professional, prompt, courteous, patient and very understanding. He took the extra time to sit down with me to explain the system so that I understood it well before leaving. The cost of the security system was very reasonable vs the other security system (ADT) that I have had for over 4 plus years.

I left ADT due to the cost, once I tried to cancel then they wanted to lower the cost. I said no because I felt like that they should have reached out to me sooner since I had been with them for so long. I felt like I had been cheated all of these years and did not want to be a part of a dishonest company that would overcharge their customers. I am happy to have found Vector Security. I will be a customer from now on and will tell all of my friends. If you need a security company come on over here because this is the place to be.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Josh arrived promptly at the promised time, he also called 30 min prior to arriving. Josh was very nice and professional. He updated our system from a 2 Gig radio system to a 4 Gig system and he installed a new door lock with keypad. I was very please with his patience with me. He made me aware of the Vector App and helped me through the set up of the app. He also answered all my many questions and did not make me feel he was rushed at all. I really did appreciate that. He also took the time to make sure each of my less than 10 employees, knew how to use the new keypad lock and let each of them try it out before he left. Probably a couple of hours after he left my office, I had a few questions about some paperwork he left me. I texted him to ask him to call me back at his convenience as I had questions. He called me back almost immediately and answered my questions. Y'all need to hang onto him!

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words about Josh. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

We have been with Vector Security for many years and we always have good things to say about our service. Chris came today to install our new panel, replace the batteries and install a doorbell camera. Over the many years we have been with Vector I always request Chris to take care of our system. I asked especially for him because he does such a good job, he answers all our questions when showing us how everything works, he is very nice and courteous and we feel very comfortable having him in our home. He cleans everything up before leaves and makes sure we are satisfied with his work. We have always had great experiences with Vector they respond very quickly and it is a pleasure to deal with their employees. We highly recommend them.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your compliments about Chris. We're glad you're happy with the service you received. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer that signs with us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I chose Vector because my dad has it and has had nothing but great experience with it. I was very happy with the entire experience from speaking with a sales rep to the installation. The only thing I would recommend is if it is a non emergent call to state that right off the bat, as Darren did today. I had someone call me from the monitor center because there was a maintenance issue with my choke detector but I couldn’t understand her voicemail because she was mumbling and all I hear was “fire emergency”. She also called my Emergency contact and she has as much trouble understanding her as I did. So if it is maintenance related, it would be nice to say that right away and clearly so the customer doesn’t have a heart attack at work!

Vector Security response

We appreciate your feedback and will share this with our team in an ongoing effort to improve our customer service. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. Thanks for your loyalty and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

The installation went great. Kevin was great. He explained everything he did and kept me updated. He was very patient with the work and the way the house was set up. Took extra time. Time make everything work right. Great customer service. He is very knowledgeable and a terrific technician. I would recommend him to my family and friends.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your compliments about Kevin. We're glad you're happy with the service you received. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer that signs with us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Joe was sent to my home for a service call on my system. He was outstanding and would give him your highest rating. I am new to the service and he explained in detail all of the ins and outs of the system.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words about Joe. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Technician David ** did a great job helping to get our cameras up again and changing out the batteries. Great customer service. Installation and troubleshooting was quick and easy. Very respectful and knowledgeable about the system. Thank You Vector Security.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words about David. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

We have been a customer of Vector Security for 25 years and decided to finally upgrade our system in order to eliminate our "land line". Rick, our long time rep, came out and spent time listening to our needs and helped us design a system that met our requests while still being very affordable. Curtis, our installer, arrived on time and was very nice and easy to work with. He was very conscientious about placement of smoke detectors and helpful while explaining how to navigate the Vector App. Overall, the whole experience was great!

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Kevin did exceptional work to set up our replacement security system. Also, we appreciate his interpersonal interaction with us through the process from a personal and professional perspective. Kevin patiently took us through the setup and operational training that we are confident to begin using the system.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great weekend!

Vector Security Company Information

www.vectorsecurity.com

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES
    AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
    2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)