Call toll free
4.84/5
Based on 3,565 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ranked #4 among the top home security system providers in the United States, recognized as #1 in security by SDM Magazine and the 2016 Installer of the Year by SSI magazine. Vector Security® provides security and home automation systems to nearly 300,000 homes, businesses, and multi-site enterprises. With services tailored to fit each customer's needs, we offer everything from alarm monitoring and video surveillance to personal emergency response and energy management.

Vector Security Gallery (6)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

6814 Vector Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We chose Vector because it was recommended to us by our pediatrician. We contacted Vector because one of our units batteries was exhausted. The tech came out and changed the batteries in all of the units. Aaron, the tech, was very nice and efficient.

Vector Security response

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Great value, quality product, professional personnel, enjoy the knowledge of safety, high quality monitoring. We recommend the company every chance we get and are fortunate to work with a great company definitely worth the monthly fee. Look forward to many more years with this company thanks to the management

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security; we appreciate recommendations from satisfied customers like you. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We already had Vector Security and wished to have an upgrade to wireless. We were very happy with our security but needed to change the system to a wireless one. We were very happy with Jason ** and his work!

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Jason. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I’ve been a Vector customer over 30 years. The staff has been courteous and responsive. Rick has been our go to guy for multiple years. He’s respectful, trustworthy and knowledgeable at his job. Thank you for the continuous great service!

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I have had Vector for a number of years now. The service has been top notch. Installation tech was on time, friendly and knowledgeable. I was shown the how to use the website and the mobile app. The arming and disarming through the app was easy.

Vector Security response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Vector was recommended by a friend that lives in a neighboring development. Customer service was able to accommodate me on the day I would be at the beach. Tim and Mike have been nice to work with. Mike was thorough when trying to explain the issue I was having with my camera. Even the dog liked him.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about our team. We look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I have been a customer for years. Always great service, professional and knowledgeable service folks. Provide a good peace of mind, especially since I travel so much. Recently had an incident and the staff was overwhelmingly supportive while I was out of town.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I was taking over for another manager and had to be walked through how to complete new contract. Michelle was very helpful with all of my questions and continued to check on me to see if I needed assistance. I was able to set up the services without too much difficulty.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Michelle. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We had Vector at our previous home for over 23 years and were very happy with you. Our experience was very good with your personnel. We had new water sensors installed and we were very happy with the way they analyzed the situation and came up with a way to mount the properly. We will recommend Vector to all our friends.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I am very please with the security system. I was referred to you by my sister who has the system for her home and business. Brent was the salesperson that helped me with the system. He was very helpful and guided me through the process.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Brent. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I have been a customer since my house was first built. I have had no complaints and wish to continue the service for the locked in price. The customer service today was amazing. It took very little time to fix the issue.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Guys came today for a service call and we're. Very professional, they took the time to show me and my staff the proper procedures for operating our alarm system, also showed me how to change user codes. Was helpful in letting me know how to setup my new phone with alarm.com app.

Vector Security response

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

The Vector Security staff were very helpful and friendly in scheduling my appointment, and making my service call and subsequent installation call. I had inquired about additional equipment installation and service, and the technician Jeff was very informative and knowledgeable (and without being pushy about getting additional equipment.) Both times, staff arrived on time, and I appreciated the calls from Vector confirming appointment and notifying me that they were on the way. I also appreciated follow up appointment to make sure job done completely (and thoroughness of checking to make sure my system working correctly.)

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Customer Service is outstanding! Multiple lines of communication, very prompt, and professional. AJ was welcomed to help fix our system after the storms came and did just that. He ensured everything was running properly and suggested ways to maximize our security. A+

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about AJ. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I have been a Vector Security customer for about 3 years. Requested service call for camera. Darrell (service Technician) was prompt, courteous, and very knowledgeable. He was able to resolve service issue. Overall was very please with the Vector experience.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Darrell. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We decided to go with Vector because of their pricing and hearing about their service. We switched from ADT over to Vector about 9 months ago. We have been very pleased with the service so far and have had very few problems so far.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We have already had Vector security and are very happy with the service so we decided to upgrade and get a new keypad and the Vector app. Devin was my installation technician today and he was very clean, professional and he did a great job. He doubled checked and made sure everything was working and made sure we were satisfied before leaving.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Devin. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have had Vector for many years now and for the most part have always had nice, professional and informative technicians for service calls. The technician this time was courteous, informative, professional and quickly identified the issue and completed the repair.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We have recently done some changes on our network, and we had a service technician come out to update the settings for our alarm communicator. He was very professional, and he did a great job. We have been with the company for years and we would like to say that we have always had Good experiences with the company.

Vector Security response

We’re glad to know you are happy with your service. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Frustrated, in a bad mood and not looking forward to talking to a customer service agent but I needed help. Dawn answered the phone in a welcoming and professional manner. Her high level of technical knowledge, willingness to help, genuine concern and desire to solve my problem was a welcome surprise. She efficiently diagnosed the problem, directed me to the solution and by the end of the call both my frustration and problem were gone, my mood was better, thank you Dawn.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Dawn. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I switched to Vector Security because It was recommended by Jerry **. The transition went smoothly. Staff was very efficient and knowledgeable. They helped install the app, view the camera, did troubleshoot before they left to ensure everything was working properly. Thank You!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My parents have Vector Security and have for years. We tried to price check around and had more of a hassle with ADT wanting money up front where we had no hassle going through Vector. The service today (Alarm install) was beyond expectations, everything was explained and shown to standards.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I was very pleased with Ed the salesman, and Matt and Andy the technicians. The techs were on time and went over the camera locations with me and added a camera cover all angles of the house. I am very happy with the cameras and would refer Vector to a friend or family member.

Vector Security response

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We rely on recommendations from satisfied customers like you; our ReferralRewards program can earn you incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Please contact your branch for details.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I was looking for a name that I could trust. It was an option when we bought the house over 10 years ago. So far all the techs have been extremely helpful and extremely responsive. Steve **, today's tech was extremely knowledgeable. I have through Vector the fire, burglar, and camera alarms. I am happy with the service and would definitely recommend Vector Security to my friends and acquaintances even strangers.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Vector security took over the security for my hoa and I have been extremely pleased with any interaction I have had over the years. This time I spoke with AGATA and she was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful and personable. I give her 5 stars!

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Agata. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Ed and Todd worked hard and quickly. Ed worked on adding the camera before Todd got there. They then ran the vga cable to the back office so they could see some of the cameras as well. I always am happy with the quality of work the techs do when they come out.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Ed and Todd We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Had Vector at old house, satisfied with company, wanted to stay with Vector when I moved. Have motion detector, smoke alarm. Really like that I can lock my door from my cell phone. Like the fact that I can do everything from my phone. When the alarm does go off, I like that Vector calls me from and I can speak to them from the panel box without having to use phone, I think it’s a great safety feature.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We’ve been with Vector for many years and had very little problems that were resolved quickly. Today your technician was polite and knew exactly what he was doing. He fixed it quickly and tested the system. Thank you for your service.

Vector Security response

We’re glad we were able to help you out. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Jeff did a great job today. I had an old glassbreak that was false alarming and Jeff quickly added a new wireless glassbreak and tested it so my dog would not set it off. He also informed me of new products and I am thinking about upgrading.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Jeff. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We have been Vector Security Customers for approximately 10 Years. Service has been reliable, and Tod has always been a good Representative, my son recommended him. We decided to get the fire alarm, just in case and Tod recommended the Cellular. We can eliminate our landline now. The Installation was easy, the technician Greg was very efficient and trained us on the smartphone use as well. Thanks very much!

Vector Security expert review by Erin Raub

Pay $0 down with choices of 3 security and automation packages starting at $39.95 a month. Systems are professionally installed with 3-year contracts and home automation options.

• Lifestyle solutions: Vector Security works to customize home alarm solutions to fit your lifestyle, with options for singles, seniors living alone, empty nesters, families and couples.

• Varied tech offerings: Vector Security has several optional extras, including energy management, home automation, two-way intercoms, personal emergency response (push-button support) and more.

• Video surveillance: Vector Security offers multiple video surveillance options. Customers can view live video or recorded video and can also elect to add video monitoring to their plan.

• Medical alert: Vector’s Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) offers monitoring that can send for emergency medical personnel with the push of a button. This service will be especially appealing to older adults and those that live alone.

• Home automation: Consumers can choose several home automation options when setting up their security system. Vector offers tools to help with energy management and to ensure doors are locked when the homeowner is away.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Vector Security Company Information