1.26/5
Based on 32 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a home alarm?

84 Xfinity Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

Called numerous times in the past two weeks to find out what channels were on the new tier I am paying for - no luck! Each time they say their "systems are down" and promise to email it to me but then I am mysteriously disconnected and, of course, the emails never arrive. Over two hours on the phone and their chat line wasted forever. Therefore I am paying for channels that I can only scroll from 1 to 2999 to find which is ridiculous for my elderly parents to have to do. I plan to discontinue service and use streaming, Redbox or ANYTHING BUT XFINITY AND COMCAST!!!

Original review: July 13, 2018

First they have a monopoly in my area so they don't have to care. We're having outages every day now and are not even being given an explanation. This is the third night in a row and these aren't the first. As soon as Fios or something else is available I'm taking my money and running to them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 30, 2018

Was going to cancel service but rep provided new promotion and I accepted. Yet the promotion did not get completed and my bill did not change to reflect it. After going through the same procedure five times, still no change. Every rep promised I would see the changes within 24 hours. This process started six weeks ago. Since, my bill has gone up and is over 50% more than the promotion I signed up for. They continue to say it will be reflected on next month's statement. Very frustrating.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Service provided by Comcast not what they have on their ad. Xfinity offer 250 MB/s speed internet, but after installation the internet speed was only 70 MB/s. Comcast sends technician at my 3 times and they never fix the issue, so I have to cancel the service. Comcast installer tech was so rough in walking in my new wood floor with heavy boot and dropped tool on the floor and damaged it. The last installer tech at my house broke all my wireless setting and left my house without informing us and internet completely stopped working after that. Home security was never installed according to the package ordered. This says 30 days money back guarantee and now having hard time cancelling the service.

Original review: May 23, 2018

On January 8, 2018 I signed up for a "One Year Long" promotional cable internet/TV package. I have been a customer of Comcast then Xfinity since 2005 but have to change my service each year to whatever package they are offering or else my bill goes up a HUGE amount - usually more than 50%. With the new package in January my internet speed went up and my TV lineup improved over what I had previously, for about the same as my previous service. Besides the annoyance of having to remember to check each year as the "special promotion" is expiring, I was relatively happy with the service package I purchased.

Now all of a sudden Xfinity has changed the TV station line up and I no longer have all the stations I signed up for. They claim they have "improved the lineup" by adding more stations. But they are not stations I want. I found out about the change when I turned on the TV to watch Game 6 of the Caps-Lightning NHL playoff series and NBCSN was gone. We had watched Game 5 on that station just two nights before. So I could only listen to the most epic game of the season and one of the most epic in franchise history on the radio. Thanks Xfinity. I will never get that experience back.

Upon calling to find out what was happening, I was told that NBCSN is now in a different "lineup" than I have. To get it back I could pay the same amount I am paying now but go down in internet speed or I could pay $17 more per month to get the same lineup I had before with the same internet speed. That is a 19% increase over my current monthly payment. That would meet the definition of extortion - being required to pay money under threat of losing something valuable. I said I just wanted the lineup offered in the long package I paid for in January. I was told that was not an option. There is a promotional package on right now that has a better deal than I got in January, but I am not eligible for it because I am already a customer and it is only for new customers. So I am left with diminished service or am extorted to pay 19% more to keep the level of service I paid for in January.

When I asked how they had randomly changed the year long package I had purchased in January, the person had no good explanation. The phrases included "corporate decisions", "negotiations with stations". She said that I did not have a "contract" with them so they could change the service at any time. She said the order confirmation they sent when I agreed to pay for the service was just to confirm I was the customer - not for me to understand the services I was paying for.

This would appear to me to be a clear bait and switch tactic. A certain service package is offered at a set price. I agree to pay that price. The company changes the services, reducing the value of the package to me but I still have to pay the same rate. To get the services I initially wanted and paid for, I have to pay 19% more per month. The help center person had no other solution for me but said I could call back between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m when the Customer Solutions branch is open and they might be able to do something for me.

I have 1 hour and 45 minutes left before they open and I get to call in. So, I MIGHT get it resolved, but I wonder how many people do not have the time or patience and agree to pay the increased fee just to be done with the drama created by Xfinity. Seems like a crooked and predatory way to make a profit. The customer service person did note that the phone lines were very busy at the help center with many people calling in over the very same issue. So the question remains... Will I will be watching Game 7 tonight at home without extortion? Or will I be watching it at my local? Go Caps!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?

Original review: May 21, 2018

If you are an Xfinity customer, included with your package is its Xfinity Wi-Fi. When you’re away from your home Wi-Fi This WiFi gets picked up when you were traveling. In the last two weeks, mine has stopped working when I’m away from home. I have called and spoke with two different people who both had difficulty understanding and when they finally did get it, they said Xfinity has been working on it. Could take one month to six months and it’s always been an issue. I had no problem for 2 years until now. It’s always a different story from a different rep. PS. They tried 1st to sell me something for my home WiFi. They said it wasn’t working. It works fine. Disgusting they have such a monopoly.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I would like everyone and all of Xfinity customers to know how their safety and security can be easily compromised. Xfinity can allow your security to be compromised at the push of a button. There should be some rule or law about a company agreeing (giving me a certificate of security) to secure your home and they drop the ball, they should hold a large amount of accountability. This morning I experienced a very bizarre situation. I awoke to my services disconnected (my TV had an error code). I purchased Xfinity solely for the security. The other services that I purchased are merely for show. I was told that my services were disconnected because a new person has applied for services at my address and they disconnected mine. I set on the phone 2 hours begging for my service to be reconnected. They were telling me that they could not reconnect the other person’s order was in the system.

I call my landlord on the line and begged for my security so I can leave for my job. After I emailed the CEO plus a few other corporate people, I received a nonchalant call from Faye **. Ms. ** was not sincere. My safety does not matter to her. I am paying for a service I expect to receive. I was unsecured from 1 am-8 am after I begged, and pleaded I convinced Mr. ** to re-opened my Xfinity account. He had to treat this like I was a new customer, he actually was not sure if I would get my home phone number back. The Xfinity automated system did not even recognize me as a current customer as it usually does. After I fell asleep last night Xfinity disconnected my security and left me for DEAD in Southwest Atlanta.

I have had so many issues with Xfinity that I have come to understand that this is the lower value of service that is provided for people in my broken community because they feel we as ** people do not deserve a better type of service. This company has made me beg them for something I pay them for. If my door would have been kicked in last night and I was murdered Xfinity would probably offer my family that same $50 + $45.16 because they think that is all my underprivileged poor ** behind is worth. No one thought to call me and ask me before they disconnected. Ms. ** told me that they do not do that. Ms. ** wanted to clean this up for Xfinity and she lied to me, telling me my disconnection was a keystroke error. After talking to those few representatives I know that someone was getting services at my home.

It may have been a wrong address error. No matter what the case was I was not secured. Ms. ** and her superiors agreed that this first $50 and another $45.16 (on her next call) was all that they would do for me. If someone registers for service at your address they disconnect your service to get ready for the new. This leaves the customer open to any robberies. Xfinity has not reported this to the police. They offered me $50 + $45.16 for my time without security. I was asleep thinking I was secured but, I was open to be attacked. Had I not turned on my TV I would not have known that my security was off.

I am so shocked that this happened. If I knew it was off I would have slept someplace else. I asked for two months’ worth of bill credit. They declined me and assured me that they would work with billing to make sure this will not happen. I will probably not rest knowing this can happen. I may get up all night checking to see if my services are still indeed connected. Before this instance I felt secure with having my security in this area.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Calling to cancel home security. Had to speak with several different people and each person you had to start from the beginning, from telling them who you are and why you are calling only after 3 or 4 transfers you get disconnected only having to start again. I believe this is intentional to delay and frustrate people only to waste hours on the phone. Then once you get your goal accomplished you find there is a rate increase to another service you have. I believe this company is a monopoly and needs much more government oversight or breaking it up would be the best solution.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I have been on hold with Xfinity for nearly 2 hours. The supervisor Alex says he will fix my account as I was charged for unauthorized charges. He has not returned to the phone. This is my second call to Xfinity in less than 2 weeks. They do not explain anything, just skirt the questions with another question. They are a RIP OFF COMPANY. They need to be investigated.

Original review: April 14, 2018

OK, I get it. Parts can be defective and fail. But apparently Xfinity doesn't. Had the system installed by their technician which was a requirement and I had to pay for. A week later it fails. Being a techy I made the mistake of troubleshooting it myself and providing the tests and results of each test. Nope you will have to go through basic level again when you call in (so I guess I am supposed to waste their time with simple easy to fix problems). Run through the whole gambit of double checking that. Yes it is not functioning correctly and resetting or reworking the installers work won't fix it. Yep the part is defective, so you can now have a technician.

Frustrating to have to run the troubleshooting twice but it's a headache I've learned to live with even if I don't like it. But NO it doesn't stop there. I get to spend the time between the failure being reported and the technician arriving the next day receiving repeated phone calls insisting I do the same simple process over and over and over again. Open and close the doors, restart the control panel, reposition the installed sensors, open and close the door, restart the system. Oh yep it's broken. Then ring goes the phone again and I have to repeat despite telling every single support agent I have been through it with them already. And all of this ignores the disastrous mess the installer made, it took me the better part of a day to clean things up afterward. So I get to pay Xfinity to make messes at my house and harass me with time wasting phone calls because they installed defective parts.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I got a self-service box to install Xfinity service at our new home. The prior owners just had service two months before so this shouldn’t have been an issue. I needed troubleshooting help and called in 3x for a total time spent exceeding 3 hours. They offered NO HELP! Not only did they read off their script, repeating the same lines over and over but the agents immediately starting pushing for me to schedule a technician to come out to the house. Surprise, surprise! A $60 charge just for the visit. I finally broke down and scheduled it. The tech confirmed that he did NOT need to come out as simple walkthrough assistance should have asked if I had a booster and, if so, pointed me to the box to activate the port. He understood my frustration but there wasn’t anything he could do to offset the cost.

I reviewed my service as poor and just got a call from the “customer service team” to discuss what could be done to improve my experience. After a quick run thru of what occurred the agent said “thanks so much for this feedback. Have a great day!” No offer of a discount, adjusting the account for the days that we were without service, waiving some fees, nada!! Way to show you’re interested in improving your service!! The minute, literally the very MINUTE, Fios is available in our area we are DITCHING Comcast!! They are a perpetual disappointment.

Original review: March 17, 2018

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on Xfinity prepaid internet. The speeds they claim to give you are a total lie!!!! I have owned this for 2 weeks now and have NEVER got the speeds they claim to give. Not even once or even close for that matter! They claim you'll get 20 mbps in speed but I have never received more than a little over 7 mbps downloads and only 998 kbps for uploads. This is the max I have received since I started using it!!! Granted it DOES say speed vary but less than HALF the claimed speeds give me a break!!!

I have been documenting the speeds now for a week and a half on video so I CAN prove their claims are a total lie!!! I have videos 3 times a day (morning, afternoon, and in the evening) just to make sure I understand things happen from time to time but it hasn't changed at all and if you contact them all they say is, "Sorry but speeds vary" and what I say to that is they bold face lie to consumers and as far as it goes it bait and switch PERIOD!!!! You can try it if you so chose. I'm just trying to warn you beforehand so don't be surprised when trying to use it to do anything.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I explained to the service department how this panel was infested and gave me roaches when I have never, ever had a roach problem before. I spent time and money trying to get rid of these things when I finally realized that it was the panel. I threw it out. Service said they would have to someone come out and give me a new one and probably charge me for it. Really? This just cost me money and time because they sent me roach infested equipment and they want to charge me!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Recently in last few months I see On Demand service of Xfinity forces me to buy Netflix Services. It wasn't like that before. How? On Demand shows "Free movies" but it's not. It used to be free movies before they added Netflix integration before. So, it's forcing me to buy another service under the label of "Free movies".

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018 This company is the worst in customer service. I was charged for the fastest internet available and was only getting the minimum. They basically stole from me for a whole year. Then I moved to a new address and they screwed the pooch on that one too. I wish I could switch companies, but there are no others where I live.

If I could rate them a 0 star I would. So disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Had to disconnect due to moving. They charged me nearly a 500 dollar fee for termination of a contract I don't remember agreeing to and certainly was not advised on when calling to cancel. I'm glad to be done with Xfinity and I'll never go back. And I'll be sure anyone who is considering them will receive a very convincing dialog as to why they should never use them. The quality of my service never matched their claims, the bill never matched what they said it would be; and forget ever getting a straight answer about anything unless it's about what you owe them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I had Comcast install two cameras at my home in 2014 which included 24/7 monitoring. I paid the installation fees and have been paying the monthly service charges since that time (it is now January 2018). Even though the cameras have been offline more than on, I've never missed a payment. I tried several times to set up a service visit unsuccessfully. I was finally able to get one set up in December of 2017. I was promised that I would not be charged a service fee since the cameras hadn’t worked in at least 4 months.

The technician came and fixed the cameras and yesterday, I received an itemized bill from them stating that they had installed two cameras and added 24/7 monitoring. I spent an hour on the phone trying to explain that I started the service three or four years prior. The issue was finally resolved but, they never admitted that they had made the mistake. I do not recommend their service and if it weren’t for having to buy new equipment from another company, I would drop them like a hot potato.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

At the end of every year, I negotiate a price and at the beginning of the next year, they consistently increase their rates and will not live up to their prior agreement. Bottom line is that with any competition in my area, they are history.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

In trying to get a billing question resolved I ended up calling their support line 3 different times trying to get one person that I could understand. The foreign accent of all of their support people, including their supervisor was atrocious!!! I've never been so frustrated in my life. I don't care what their deals are, you DON'T want their service! Run away, don't walk. You've been warned.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Xfinity internet goes out every few weeks, and when it does, it takes their “highly trained technicians” hours to fix it. This isn’t due to storms, it just goes out for no reason. Horrible service, there are other internet providers in the area and I suggest going with them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

For a company that has made it so that our neighborhood can only use Comcast to begin with, I am shocked at how difficult it has been to set up service and keep service on. After moving here in September (it is now December), we have had to reconnect service three times. Not only have we had to do that but there has been no record of prior services to my address whenever I try to correct the dropped service. Finally they decided a technician had to come out here to reactivate the wires outside and then they tried to charge us for installation fees that did not apply to the services provided by the technician.

While interactions with the technicians or customer care are usually pleasant, it is all meaningless when all that's left to be discovered is a long trail of incomplete work orders leading to interrupted service and incorrect charges. Being required to use Comcast with no alternative options for internet is one thing, but adding in the blatant disregard for corporate responsibility to ensure satisfactory product performance should be illegal. If Comcast doesn't care about their reputation, consumers should have the option to choose a new internet provider. Very dissatisfied.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I received an invoice from the false alarm reduction program for $300 for false alarms at my home. I am not always available to respond to calls. I have a camera system, no pets and no additional persons at the residence. During the last event, I was on the phone with Comcast tech, when an additional alarm activated. At that point, I requested Comcast to deactivate the entire system. Per my conversation with Comcast escalation department rep, Comcast will not reimburse me for the cost of the false alarms. This entire system belongs to Comcast, it was installed by Comcast, and maintain by Comcast, and therefore it is Comcast responsibility to absorb the cost when equipment malfunctions. Power quality system. Poor business model. Poor customer service.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Levied with renewal fees when I did not authorize it. The absolute worst company to do with business with, hire inexperienced people that keep transferring you from person to person, keep you for hours on end in an attempt to inconvenience clients. The inexperience people sign you up for renewal in attempt to make their sales and line the pockets of their company.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Complaint Xfinity. On 10/23, I sold my home after being a resident for over 10 years and having this service for the last 5. They make it hard to quit them and so they force you to return the equipment. However after escalating that the new Owner wanted to take over the fact service, they finally agreed to let a service tech go to the property and make them change and take the old equipment back. This was life saving because I was not in the same state. The new owner was there for the transfer and turned over the equipment. She asked for a receipt or confirmation and that hemail tech refused, stating it was not needed. Well when I received my final bill they said we owed $300 for unreturned equipment!!! Took us several emails to resolve that. Then, they charged a $190 early termination fee!!! Why? We had services for over 5 years?

They then said in April 2017 we started service again?! We asked, with who? Or how? They said "you should have been told and you accepted it". We said, "That never happened". We asked for proof in terms of pulling their recorded call, paperwork signed by us accepting the terms, etc. They said they would escalate the request and a supervisor would call. No one is calling. We went online and found an online escalated team and the employee without providing any proof stated that's what it was. This company practices hidden and fraudulent practices to scam the consumer of monies. Poor people are stuck paying all their obscure fees. They need to be stopped and there should be a class action lawsuit to address this abuse.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

They canceled on me 3 times this week for no reason. I wasted my day because they canceled again. 3 weeks in a row. Always they have an excuse. Worst corporation ever, they do not care about their customers because they have us by the **.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

This bad experience with Comcast has occurred before. This is not the first time. I have called to let them know our service was down but they cannot give an estimated time or day it will be fixed. I call again. They give a time, that time passes. I call again and they say their systems are down. There is nothing they can do to help. I also expect that if service is down for a couple of days they should adjust the account and not charge for the time we cannot use their service. The worst thing is paying for a service you can't use. I really wish they would have better customer service over the phone too.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

In 2014 I canceled my Comcast service and when I return my equipment I was due a refund. I was moving to another state where Comcast service is not offered. I got the check but never cashed it and then lost the check. In 2016 I found the check again and then lost it again. So I went to the Comcast office in person and ask them if they could re-issue this check. They said their system did not go back far enough and I would need the check number to verify this outstanding check and to help them look it up. Since the check was lost I couldn't provide them the number.

Yesterday I received a letter that Comcast is trying to reach me about an uncashed check with the balance of $101. That was the amount and the check that I was asking him about a year ago. Now I have to mail them in the letter stating that I am the rightful owner of that amount. It's gonna cost me $.50 just to verify something I try to take care of a year ago. Their systems are very poor if they can't go back two years to verify it and paid check and if this is how they go about processing refunds.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Cisco DPC3939 Battery for Model - Just converted to Xfinity and absolutely love the system. My problem is with the customer service and logistics of this organization. Bottom line up front: Why does Xfinity give you a modem that requires a backup battery that they cannot provide and which seems to be unavailable elsewhere??? I received an email suggesting that I make sure I have a backup battery for my modem in case of electrical outages. Apparently they do not give you the modem with a battery already installed. Sounded like a good idea. I tried to order a battery. I received an email telling me that the battery would cost me about $40 to include shipping. OK. So I wait for a couple of days and I get a knock on the door. A service man is there to install my battery. I don't have the battery yet. He doesn't have the battery either.

We both scratch our heads and he goes away. About a week later I contact Xfinity - VERY bad connection... WHY??? All their customer service is located in the Philippine Islands. Understand... I love Filipinos but I was really hoping to have a conversation, you know, a dialogue, with someone here in the continental USA. Instead I spent a lot of time on hold listening to repetitive music and then being connected to a young lady who I could not understand who simply repeated back to me everything I said to her. Frustrating.

Finally found out that the battery had not been sent to me and they were unable to tell me when the battery would be sent to me. Eventually I was able to get the charge reversed on my credit card for the battery. In all, from the start of this process to now I spent almost three hours on the phone with Xfinity. I contacted Cisco directly and spoke to their customer service (located in the Philippines, of course) and was told that CISCO no longer made this battery and that Xfinity was doing the manufacturing themselves. When I tried to find this battery online I determined that it was in heavy demand.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Been a Comcast customer for over 30 years, pay huge bill each month. Because of their own doing, totally ruined our WIFI, our router and cable boxes. After numerous visits, we asked for a service call to again fix THEIR MISTAKES. They insisted we sign agreement to actually PAY for this visit. We said ok reluctantly and set a time. Finally they confirmed the appt with THE INCORRECT TIME. Called, after hour and half, they insisted I was wrong. NEVER EVER EVER USE COMCAST.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I had service with Xfinity since 2013. Throughout the years I had several problems with customer service giving me different prices, different services and my bill changing without knowledge. Today was my last straw, after being transferred 3 separate times, I finally was able to cancel my cable, I needed just internet. The customer service representative gave me pricing for three different options which I chose the first one for $54.95 a month. He then transferred me to another person to cancel the cable side. That person then told me my new bill would be $89.95 a month for just internet. I stated "That's not what I was told my pricing would be" and she stated that I would not be able to get that pricing because I was already a prior customer. Then stated I am in a 12-month promotional package to where I cannot terminate services without a fee, I stated I never got into a promotional service or contract.

After 15 minutes going by she finally stated I am correct, I was not in one. Then stated the only internet package I can get was a performance package that cost $30 more than any other package because I was a previous customer. Even if I tried signing a contract with them to get the promotional price of $54.95 which I was stated previous by the customer service she stated no I was not allowed. I called back again after getting off the phone with her once again. Was offered the promotional price of $54.95 for my internet. They cannot get on the same page of what they are offering customers and what they are charging them. They tell you you were on a contract when you're not on one. They tried charging me extra equipment fees which I did not have. Their service and their pricing went completely downhill. I do not recommend them to anyone. I will be looking at their competitors as I've already gotten cheaper pricing with better service.

Xfinity Home expert review by Erin Raub

XFINITY Home from Comcast is a smart security and home automation system. Consumers can customize their package, and they can also use their existing equipment with their new system.

• Bundle option: Comcast customers can enjoy a discount by bundling their XFINITY Home system with TV and Internet services.

• Compatible with old equipment: XFINITY can upgrade your existing equipment, including door and window sensors, control panel and wiring, so you don’t need to worry about installing brand new equipment.

• Home automation: Homeowners can add on the XFINITY Home Control package to their security package to enjoy remote thermostat, lighting and appliance control. The system can be self-installed or professionally installed for an additional cost.

• Customizable: Homeowners can choose from different base package options and then add different devices for a completely customizable home security and automation system.

• Control from your TV: You can control your XFINITY Home system straight from your TV with the X1 Entertainment Operating System.

• Best for: existing or new Comcast customers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
    Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Xfinity Home Company Information