1.66/5

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Xfinity Home

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Xfinity Home Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

What I like about Xfinity internet

-No deposit required with autopay ($1.00 credit).
      -If you have your own cable modem can install it yourself with free starter kit or if you already have a coax cable just have to call Comcast and activate the modem can't do this with Verizon!
      -Has more wifi hotspots 15 million... Verizon 5,700.
      -Online bill is easy to understand.

-24/7 online customer service (some say bad customer service).

Original review: July 29, 2019

Overall, Xfinity Home service is good. Operation of the security service through the app is very convenient. Having the service as part of a bundle package can have a downside due to an outage from one of the other services. I have to contact the home service separate to reset the service. Updates to the service are done automatically which is good.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I do like my Xfinity Home security service. I like the keypad by the door and how I can set it when I leave and when I go to bed each night. I'm glad I've never had an intruder but I know if I did I could count on Xfinity Home security service to keep me safe and send the authorities in a hurried manner.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I would say I haven't had the service since November of 2016 because I am staying with others. Xfinity had great service, but like I've ALWAYS say unless you have back up battery system in your security it doesn't do any good if power goes out!! The monitor screen I kept in my room was delayed, so intruders could of been upstairs but would appear to be downstairs still. They're great when it comes to repairing and answering questions!! ALWAYS came out on call!!! No battery BACK up!! And monitor were downfall but I was so happy with xfinity service and equipment etc. They made everything ok!!! Maybe they've changed that by now. And that makes it a great service.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Comcast, now Xfinity, has grown and perfected their business. Customer service reps can provide effective answers and resolve issues! The internet speed is consistently 5... It never goes down. The viewing choices on cable are unbelievable. There’s a weekly what to watch newsletter, and the picture is perfect... Everything is perfect! Well, free would be perfect; that it is not but I can talk to my remote! The price is right!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Update 11/19/2019:

I was someone disappointed because, before every call, a message informing that, within 30 minutes after my call with the customer service representative, I would receive a call for a survey. I called 3 times and never received a call after. That's besides the point now. This review is to express how great professionals the customer service center in Philippines are. They go out of their way to assist you and are extremely polite too. I wish their American counterparts could display at least a fraction of their level of professionalism. What a shame! Thank you for your outstanding work.

4 minutes ago. The whole experience started when I decided to get services over the phone. I had services with them in Colorado and it was horrible and every way possible but just like here, they have the monopoly. No competition. Throw Cox Communications here and you'll see things changing real quick. At first, to setup the account over the phone with customer service representative, was fairly easy and it took about 20 minutes. Very cordial but, after they get you...! I asked if there were any military veterans discounts and I was directed to this local store.

After that first call, the customer service representative transferred me to a technical support to setup my internet service before going to the store to pickup the cable box. It took those guys 40 minutes. Nothing worked. I was caught up in an installation loop and it was treacherous. The CSR told to setup the account over the internet (using the app on the phone and PC) and it kept referring me to that old account I mentioned at the beginning. I couldn't setup an account because my email and phone number was being used. They couldn't figure out so, they transferred me back to another customer service representative.

The next customer service representative asked for my information so he could access my account. I gave him everything... name, social security, phone number, address yet, he couldn't find my account. He said he needed an account number. The first customer service representative gave me that lengthy number but I thought I wouldn't need it since there was so many ways to get to my account. The customer service representative was adamant and he wanted that number. I felt kind. He noticed I was already upset and he decided to have some fun with it. I noticed in his condescending remarks and arrogant manner in which I was treated.

Since I have had prior bad experiences with this business, I decided to record the conversations for my protection. I told that customer service representative that I have that account number but I would have to refer to my recording. He told me to go ahead and that he would check on me every 2 minutes. When I finally, found the recording, I played for him and asked if he got the number; he said yes but he wanted to hear me saying to him. In the recording, as the first customer service read the numbers to me, I repeated to make sure it was correct... yet, he wanted to hear from me.

At that point, it became personal I guess. I read the number and still, took many attempts and another 30 minutes to setup my account. I was told that once Comcast have an account and close that account, the information stays there as if the account was still open. I then headed to this store at about 2 hours before its closing time. Upon arrival, a sales representative, opened the door for me... nice but it was almost no eye contact or satisfaction on his part. It felt like it was part of the script. He took off on a little maze of boots and he was cold as ice. I told him that I came to pickup the cable box and asked about that military veteran discount. Not acknowledged, not a word!

I knew this would be a problem so, before leaving home, I went to their site and signed up for the military veteran discount. I brought proof with me and, as I was showing to him on my cell phone, I glimpsed at his face and he was looking at his screen as if "oh leave me alone" kind of attitude. At that point, I gave up and treated him with the same disdain. "Well... that discount it's one time only..." he said. Then, I thought to myself about companies such as T-Mobile who acknowledges our service... what a difference. He then, threw the receipt inside the bag and took off towards the door with the bag in hands to open the door for me, just like the training teached him to do. Cold as ice and probably upset for being underpaid working late Saturday night. I was even nice enough to wish him a great weekend. Competition drives better services and better prices. Talking about pricing, this WILL be another battle with them, I'm sure.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I agreed to a 2 year programming agreement with Xfinity based on price guarantee not to increase for the 2 year period and the TV programming I would receive during the period. Xfinity took away one of my favorite programs (TCM) and now wants to charge me an extra $10 per month to get it back. I told the representative that I will cancel Xfinity and was told that I would have to pay for early cancellation even tho they reneged on the programming I would receive. Looks like my options are to pay the extra $10 per month or cancel and dispute the early termination fee with my credit card company.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Worst service ever. After spending hours on the phone with the non-local support, I was finally set up with an appointment. Day of, Local tech called to say they wouldn't make my service appointment after I waited 2 hours for them in the middle of the day. Guy apologized and said he's have a guy at my house 7:30am for 1st appointment this morning. Guess who was a No-Show again! Call Xfinity to find out Mr. I'm Sorry I can't Make it Today, made the appointment for tomorrow. There's a saying about monkeys and footballs that best describes Xfinity, and specifically our local service. We only have one option for cable/internet in my area, which is the only reason Comcast/Xfinity is able to stay in business. Worst... Service... Ever.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

This is by far the WORST customer service that I have ever received!!! We received our self-install kit. I tried to set up our user name and password. Had big-time issues. Kept getting the information did not match their system. Please call for help. So we called waited 15 mins for a rep. The rep gets on the line. Hardly speaks English. Talks to us for over 30 mins having us trying to log in. ACTING like she is setting up the account for us. Finally says, "Oh well I need you to speak with one of our technicians to finish. You won't have to hardly talk to him. I will explain it all. He gets on the line and has no clue who I am or what is going on. We tried to explain to him. He started asking questions about is this an old address. Not making any sense at all. We finally had to just hang up as we had wasted over an hour on the phone to get no where.

So then I think I'll go on and chat with someone. OH NO you have to use a username and password to chat with someone. WTF why? So if we are having issues with username and password you are SOL. This has been by far the worst! I work customer support and your support is what gives customer service a bad name!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

System glitch after another. Poor customer service. Calling tech support is like a trip to the DMV. They can’t fix the issues but you wade through 20 minutes anyway. When you finally get a tech appointment they can’t fix it. The “repairs “ work for an hour and then it’s back to garbage again.

Xfinity Home expert review by Ben Mannes

Get a system for $29.95. Choose free self-install or professional installation for $99. Systems have automation options on 2-year contracts, with a limited warranty that renews after each month of service. You can use your existing equipment with your new system.

• Bundle option: Comcast customers can enjoy a discount by bundling their XFINITY Home system with TV and Internet services.

• Compatible with old equipment: XFINITY can upgrade your existing equipment, including door and window sensors, control panel and wiring, so you don’t need to worry about installing brand new equipment.

• Home automation: Homeowners can add on the XFINITY Home Control package to their security package to enjoy remote thermostat, lighting and appliance control. The system can be self-installed or professionally installed for an additional cost.

• Customizable: Homeowners can choose from different base package options and then add different devices for a completely customizable home security and automation system.

• Control from your TV: You can control your XFINITY Home system straight from your TV with the X1 Entertainment Operating System.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
      Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Xfinity Home Company Information