1.30/5

Need a home alarm?

106 Xfinity Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 14, 2019

I spoke with the chat team about setting up my internet. I specified that I have my own modem so I will not be needing to rent one. That person sent me my contract. I read it. $59.99 for 250 download speed for the first year, and no other charges besides a couple cents on tax. Great. I accept it. All that was left for me to do was pick up my set up kit from one of their locations. Not knowing what to expect from the set up kit, the cashier hands me the bag and I sign the receipt saying I picked up my FREE self-install kit.

I thought it was odd they gave me a device but it looks nothing like any modem I've seen so I figured this device was needed for set up. I set up my internet with the device. It's slow. So I connect my own Netgear modem and it's great. Then I get my first bill and see that I'm charged an extra $10 for half month device rental. I call Xfinity and the lady said she would take it off. Apparently when I went to pick up my FREE self installation kit, the guy decided to add their odd looking modem to my account when I specifically told them I did not need a modem because I have my own. So this Xfinity rep lady sends me another contract, exactly like the first one, and once again I agree to it.

A while later, I check my bill and it still has the extra $10 fee so I contact Xfinity again. This guy explains to me that I will have to pay the amount this month but the charge will be gone for the following months and they will credit me the extra amount. Great. Then he tells me, to "make it up" they would give me 30 days free trial for their tv streaming. At first I'm interested but then I quickly ask him if it will auto renew and charge me after those 30 days. Yes it will. He says I will have to call back in to get it taken off my account if I go through with it. At that point I'm just beyond pissed because he's playing it off as Xfinity "making it up" to me but really they're just trying to add things on to my bill. I just end my conversation with him. I did not add this free trial thing to my account. He tried calling me twice after that but I didn't answer.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

One of your drivers has parked in our assigned space and partly in another's assigned space at our property in Bothell, WA. I contacted the customer service line on the back of the van, as there was not a "How was my driving" phone number on the back. The representative was nice, but the phone number he gave me keeps ringing and then goes straight to voicemail. Looking online I see that this is not an isolated problem. Please make sure your drivers check if parking spaces are assigned before parking in a space.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

The only reason that I am giving a one star review is because it’s impossible to do a zero star… This is absolutely the worst cable Internet provider I have ever dealt with in my entire life… I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. I experience such hate in my heart for this company that it is probably unhealthy. I cannot express enough how terrible they are. There are not enough words in my vocabulary to describe the picture inconvenience and stupidity of this company. I spend more money on this than our water and heat combined. In the payback we get in return is complete crap service.

I would seriously not recommend this to anybody. If you for any reason are looking into Comcast turn around now. I have talk to multiple people and everybody hates it. It’s pretty bad when you can Google the company and there are literally websites made about how much people hate them. Google it, for real. There are entire websites, Facebooks, YouTube videos, etc expressing how it’s the most hated company in America. They didn’t charge $230 just to disconnect. We would not have the service anymore. I would go without water cable. I would go without Internet. I would sit in my house and stare at the wall before I paid for it anymore. I’m extremely LIVID.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

All cable providers are overpriced...cannot argue one over the other much these days with that argument. In the past month however, I have to now "authenticate" ALL of my apps DAILY. With much research...it is not an issue with Amazon/apps, it's Xfinity and their random BS IP addresses. This only happens with the apps that are "cable provider sensitive" like HGTV, TLC, Food Network etc...not Hulu, Netflix. XFINITY denies it, but it is most definitely their issue; I wish a different provider had rights in our area.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

DO NOT USE THEM! Not only do they throttle (but claim they don't), their customer service is pathetic. Here is what happened to me in a nutshell: was on 3rd month of a 12 month internet contract with Xfinity in middle of current billing cycle which ran from 1/28-2/27 (date of review is 2/7). Called to cancel service starting at the end of the billing cycle on the 27th. Comcast was going to charge me the $69 for the internet through 2/27 and also charge me $80 for the cancellation clause ($10/month for remaining months of contract).

I work from home and internet is business critical. As soon as I got off the phone, my internet went down. The prompts told me that in order to activate that I had to call customer service. Activate? I already am activated and have an account?! Called them back and after 45 mins of investigation and attempts to restart my service, the customer service agent (second one, NOT the first one who turned my service off) let me know the supervisor of the agent who had cancelled my service without my permission would have to call me back. The reason being every time she tried to reactivate my service, it was going to put me in another 12 month cycle and I would be charged ANOTHER cancellation fee if I cancelled. I pleaded with her that I needed a call back within the hour as this was BUSINESS STOPPING as I work from home and wifi is imperative.

It is now 8 hours later and not a peep from them. I am using my work provided MiFi to get through the day and have a local internet company coming out tomorrow to install internet for me as again, this is business stopping. I am appalled that this is how they conduct business. They do not care about their customers. USE ANY OTHER COMPANY FOR INTERNET. Seriously!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I made a payment on the 28 of January and on the 29 they stole from my account $198.37 without and authorization. I do not have it that they can go to my account and get the payment off I do it. Then they said, "We will give you a refund." Nothing. Still waiting and the mary jane said on a chat that I owed the money. That is false and that I needed to pay an additional $6.97. This has been going on for a while. I do not trust them no more. I had to rate I put 1 star. None is deserving!!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Alarm system prematurely goes off. You're locked out of the app unable to turn off the alarm. Home monitoring service says they'll turn the alarm off. They do not. Your pet is then sent into seizures from the loud sounds of their alarm and they refused to compensate the medical.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

After many months of using the Xfinity site to pay our bill, I got a notice that our payment was not processed and that we had incurred a late fee. I keep a ledger of all payments and show the payment was made on January 3rd. Tried to call customer service but there is apparently no way to do so. Had to request a call-back for the following evening. Someone for whom English is not their first language went to great lengths to not be helpful. Refused to consider they might have made a mistake and didn't care that our payments had always processed on time in the past. Desperate to find an alternative for our internet/TV.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

NO stars. :( At the end of a 40 minute phone call, the CSR sent a link for me to check 2 boxes to proceed with my request for internet service. The first box was me agreeing to a bogus $70 installation fee which was totally unnecessary. I explained that my son had service here for months and transferred the service to his new address. He left everything behind including a router and booster all still connected and plugged in. I was not trusting that after I checked that box that the installation rep would remove this charge, so Xfinity lost my business to AT&T, which is way better anyway cause it's fiber optic!

Totally unhappy that I wasted 40 mins talking to a pleasant someone who in the end was unable to provide internet service for my home. Not his fault, he did his job. Shame on you Xfinity, you lost another customer because of your bogus business practice of forcing the customer to agree to pay for something they do not necessarily need. I will post in other locations too.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

It's very suspicious that my bill went behind almost three months and I wasn't notified on my preferred email, but there are notices all of a sudden in October going to my Comcast email (never use). I look back at Comcast email acct and it's a bunch of junk mail, but in October important billing emails were going there instead of to my personal email. My acct was set up on auto-pay, but apparently after I extended my pay date a few days in October it deleted auto-pay so the bills went unpaid. Strangely, I never received a call, piece of mail, or email (preferred email) stating my bills were going past due and I didn't realize an issue until my services were disconnected on 12/28/18. Too, my contract expired on 12/18/18 and I was charged $33.16 more than my usual bill. I was told my bill would be adjusted for the month the contract expired (Dec), but the rep didn't fix everything like he said.

He didn't even mention the two reactivation fees that were added to my acct, I found this out two weeks later during my phone call tonight. I spoke to a Supervisor and she says all they could do is credit the $10 late fee because we're in another billing cycle. This could have been taken care of in November, my bill would be paid in full and I could have gotten another promotion. Now, they expect me to pay ALL of those fees and a higher bill??? It could have been avoided and I don't deserve this! Not a coincidence! Shady business and not taking responsibility.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My husband and I are in our 70s and have just had our monthly rate increased by $30/mo. From $107 to $138. When I talked to Xfinity, the only way I can lower this rate, even to $118, is by agreeing to a 24-month plan where I would be obligated for a $230 termination fee that decreases $10 every month. Incredibly, if we find at some point that we can't afford to pay this lower rate and have to terminate our "subscription", we would have to pay a fee! Right now we earn more than the $35,200 limit for Low-Income Discount. I'm just hoping that there are some consumer rules that apply to this monopoly that contracts with our state, county and city.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Comcast, now Xfinity, has grown and perfected their business. Customer service reps can provide effective answers and resolve issues! The internet speed is consistently 5... It never goes down. The viewing choices on cable are unbelievable. There’s a weekly what to watch newsletter, and the picture is perfect... Everything is perfect! Well, free would be perfect; that it is not but I can talk to my remote! The price is right!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I have a Xfinity home security system with display and cameras. Well tech did not install cameras. Said "It's easy. You can do it." Well I moved here 3 weeks ago and have not been able to install it. Well 3 days ago my security system stopped working and I called them of course. Said "I'll walk you thru. Let's troubleshoot your system." I didn't tell them I could figure it out on my own so I let them tell me what I needed to do and it didn't work so they said it was outage in my area. It will come on. Ok so nothing happen. The next night I still have no service but you know I am still being charged for service I'm not getting.

Well lo and behold my house gets shot up. I'm not a bad person. I believe it was a mistake regardless my house was riddled with bullets and I called Xfinity and was told sorry for my inconvenience. I said, "Yeah inconvenience and I pay for your service correct." They said yes. I said, "Since my service is not working and I didn't get shooters on camera or anything and my system was down does that mean you are going to repair my house." They of course said no and credited me 1 month of service for security system. Wow. But does anyone know if I can make them pay for damages to my house since the service was not working?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Please HELP me. I did what you asked and since 12-13, I no longer am able to receive and or send emails from my smart phone or Outlook. I have spent over 5 hrs on the phone with 5 different service people from Xfinity with no success. Their names are Michael, Danial, Josh, Angel, Kizza and Jennifer. Obviously this has been very frustrating. Xfinity On December 3, 2018 at 3:22 PM Xfinity wrote: "Update your settings by December 6th. My Account> Remember to update your Xfinity email settings on your devices Beginning December 6, 2018, we are making changes to Xfinity email to increase your security. We’ve ex…"

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Been a customer since 1993. Wanted to know if there were PROMOTIONs to keep same services at a reduced cost. REP continued speaking over me so I couldn’t explain my want and went straight to downgrade services. REP asked what channels do I watch. There are 120+ channels. I said how would I know other than a few as I’m not the only one in the home. REP then stated she wanted to know premium channels only. That was not her original question. Conversation from REP turned agitated then mine spiked too. I asked if she would just let me speak she would know my ask. Totally downhill agitated attitude from REP and I simply hung up. XFinity REPs need to give the customer a chance to explain their ask before spewing canned (lectures) responses that run on and on. Investigating alternate companies to replace Xfinity services.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I signed up for prepaid internet service in August. The first week it worked fine. After that it has been a nightmare. While trying to stream Netflix it is nonstop rebuffer. Websites on PC takes so long to load. The site will kick you off. Customer service is rude and offer little more than flat out lies. Finally talked them into sending a tech. He looked at the modem and said it had to be replaced but he couldn't do that. Return it to Boost Mobile. Boost Mobile said they only sell the service. I needed to call Comcast. When I was finally able to get the modem replaced the service was even worse! Had another tech sent out. Tech showed me his work order.

Comcast had put on the order "do not replace modem. Do not replace any equipment. Do nothing!" Seriously?? Is this how Comcast conducts business?? They are charging for and accepting money for a service I can't use but refuses to fix the problem. That is fraud! The only service I get from them is LIP SERVICE in the form of lies. I only wish there was another option in my area. Currently I have no service yet I am paid up for another two months. They refuse a refund of any type. I will ride out my two months but I won't pay them another cent unless this mess is corrected.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I was charged for a security system for over a year after I canceled the service and turned in my equipment. Comcast states that they can only credit my account for 3 months but they have been charging me since April 2017. They are thieves and they will steal your money. I should have never left Verizon wireless. You get what you pay for. Comcast does not care about their customers!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I recently moved and used Comcast's "moving" service. I was assured that basically all that was being done was an address change and it wouldn't change my contract with them at all. WRONG! They closed my old account and opened a new one creating a new "contract" with a new cut-off date AND now they are charging me to close out my old account even though I had already paid for the month and was on automatic payment. If I am a new customer with a new account, shouldn't I qualify for the new customer deals... OH NO! So frustrated.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I explained to the Xfinity sales rep when I signed up for Xfinity's service what I needed. I was told that would be no problem. I ended up having to add on 2 extra tv boxes because it wasn't possible to stream like they said. So right off the bat, I was paying more than I was told in the beginning. I have had 4 different tech appts just in the month of Oct, and that doesn't even count the previous 6 months. They had me go exchange my modem. A tech replaced both wireless tv boxes. I have spent hours on the phone with customer service and they have reset my whole system several times. I have taken time off work, gone into work late, and left early some days in order to be home for the many tech appts. Today's tech visit, I was told someone had to be at my house all day because it was going to be a specialised tech visit, but they guaranteed my service would finally be fixed after this appt.

The tech showed up, no call ahead as promised. He came to the door after he was "done" and told my daughter he had tightened a few things and was leaving. My daughter said, "I think you're suppose to come in and make sure everything is working." He said, "Nope, my work order doesn't say that." Yet that's what customer service told me he'd do. That he wouldn't leave until everything was working. So I called customer service AGAIN, went through all the unplugging, rebooting, resetting that we've done a zillion times even though I explained that to the agent, she insisted we do it again. So 1.5 hrs on the phone later, NOTHING WAS RESOLVED!!! She sets up ANOTHER tech appt?!? Unbelievable!! We have had one good tech by the name of Mike, but in my opinion, the other techs are either incompetent or they just flat out don't want to or refuse to do their job. Good luck if you decide to take the risk and go with Xfinity/Comcast!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Dealing with the ONLY tv and internet service in this area has been an awful experience. Fees are totally outrageous and because they are the only tv/internet provider in the area of Sunapee, NH - they can unfortunately get away with it. PLEASE PLEASE bring another tv service provider (like FIOS) to our area and provide some competitive pricing for poor customers like us!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Absolutely terrible service. We moved from Florida, to Texas and heading back to Florida, our home. Texas was Spectrum and it has its issues... but not like Xfinity. Dear God, how is this internet? This is 2018 and we almost never have our internet working at all, if it is, there is no signal, no bandwidth. I am a full time graduate student and I almost never have internet in my home, in the suburbs of DC metro VA. The customer service personnel only continuously try to set up, horribly timed and huge appointment windows to get a tech out, and the issue is still never solved. When there is an outage, they do not have the technology or communication to be aware of it for a day, and not able to fix it, for even longer. No one had fixed our bill yet. It is unacceptable to pay for a service that is not delivered upon.

My internet in Florida, Spectrum, was outstanding and I cannot wait to go back. I will be making a Consumer Affairs complaint and maybe BBB and FTC, I encourage everyone to do the same. OH! Also, the default resolution for 170 dollar a month service, is SD... SD. When was the last time anyone used SD? It is so awful looking that we don't and can't use our cable, and we are surely not paying more for HD. Every company I've had before and Spectrum, HD is... standard. All TVs, HD is minimum standard now as we have 4kU TVs. Absolutely awful.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Called numerous times in the past two weeks to find out what channels were on the new tier I am paying for - no luck! Each time they say their "systems are down" and promise to email it to me but then I am mysteriously disconnected and, of course, the emails never arrive. Over two hours on the phone and their chat line wasted forever. Therefore I am paying for channels that I can only scroll from 1 to 2999 to find which is ridiculous for my elderly parents to have to do. I plan to discontinue service and use streaming, Redbox or ANYTHING BUT XFINITY AND COMCAST!!!

Original review: July 13, 2018

First they have a monopoly in my area so they don't have to care. We're having outages every day now and are not even being given an explanation. This is the third night in a row and these aren't the first. As soon as Fios or something else is available I'm taking my money and running to them.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I have had Comcast at my home in Tn. for six years. I am suppose to be able to monitor my alarm system and thermostat from my home in FL. When I got to my Tn. Home in April NONE of my services were were working even my caller ID. They had attached a different phone number for caller ID. Nobody could explain to me how that could even happen. My internet, alarm system and my thermostat was not working at all.

It took me numerous calls for hours to get someone to help. I finally had to call corporate Comcast. While I had lot these service a lot of damage was done to my home. While I thought I was managing my thermostat a fever ice osmosis system in my home frozen and burst costing me $928.00 in damages. When I arrived it look like kids had gotten into my home and partied. My fireplace was broken because someone roasted marshmallows in it. My alarm did not work. Went I sat it at night and going out it was off when I checked it again.

Nobody at Comcast even their executives had no idea how this could happen but promised me I would be compensated for my losses. They told me they were going to turn it over to their insurance. After a month a guy came out here to fix everything and confirmed my services were not working but could still not tell me when anything quit working. I came up here to recuperate from a serious illness and have gotten sicker and sicker from all the lies that Comcast employees had told me.

After my services were back on I called the executive that promised me compensation and he told me to call a Sam who was the worst person. I had talked to him and he told me they were NOT going to turn it over to insurance as it was not their fault. I asked him if he could tell me when the alarm and thermostat quit stopped working and he said no. Then I asked him then how he could tell that it wasn’t Comcast’s fault and he practically hung up on me. I tried to call him back but he would not answer the phone. I called two executives back and they said it was still in the computer that it was going to be covered by insurance. They told me that the executive that made that promised was going to call me and after several hours he never called. I am going to the Dr. tomorrow to confirm how sick they have made me. So I give Comcast a 0 and run before you ever use them. It has been absolutely horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Updated on 07/25/2018: After contacting over 10 representatives including corporate they finally said they would pay for the damages. One of their local Reps. called me and nastily said I needed to send him the Culligan receipt and I quote “it better say frozen on it.” I sent him the receipt June 4 and yes it said frozen. It is now almost August and I have not received my money.

Once again I called corporate customer service. Tina told me that the rep. never said they would refund my money which is a lie. She said she needed more proof that it was their fault. What more should you need other than the Culligan repair receipt saying it was frozen and a copy of my electric bills showing that the heat was not running for several months even though their thermostat said it was on 62 degrees in the house at the time of the freezing. Now they say THEY ARE NOT GOING TO REIMBURSE ME!!! With the billions of dollars they make and they won’t pay me for the damage they caused!

After I found out that my thermostat and alarm was not working at all I went to ADT for my services. They have not been able to put a thermostat in because COMCAST acid the wiring wrong. Now I have to pay a heat and air conditioning company to retire it. On TV and internet they have a monopoly in my area in TN. so I had no choice and had to keep Comcast for that as no other company serves my area. I can’t wait to get rid of Comcast. What makes a company like Comcast lie and lie over and over again and not pay damages that they caused? EVEN AT CORPORATE LEVEL THEY LIE? So I warn you to not to do business with them!!!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Was going to cancel service but rep provided new promotion and I accepted. Yet the promotion did not get completed and my bill did not change to reflect it. After going through the same procedure five times, still no change. Every rep promised I would see the changes within 24 hours. This process started six weeks ago. Since, my bill has gone up and is over 50% more than the promotion I signed up for. They continue to say it will be reflected on next month's statement. Very frustrating.

Resolution response: June 3, 2018

There was address conflict on the this order, therefore we have cancelled this order.

We have ordered new service with right address, everything seems working fine according to our purchase for Xfinity Internet and TV.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Service provided by Comcast not what they have on their ad. Xfinity offer 250 MB/s speed internet, but after installation the internet speed was only 70 MB/s. Comcast sends technician at my 3 times and they never fix the issue, so I have to cancel the service. Comcast installer tech was so rough in walking in my new wood floor with heavy boot and dropped tool on the floor and damaged it. The last installer tech at my house broke all my wireless setting and left my house without informing us and internet completely stopped working after that. Home security was never installed according to the package ordered. This says 30 days money back guarantee and now having hard time cancelling the service.

Original review: May 23, 2018

On January 8, 2018 I signed up for a "One Year Long" promotional cable internet/TV package. I have been a customer of Comcast then Xfinity since 2005 but have to change my service each year to whatever package they are offering or else my bill goes up a HUGE amount - usually more than 50%. With the new package in January my internet speed went up and my TV lineup improved over what I had previously, for about the same as my previous service. Besides the annoyance of having to remember to check each year as the "special promotion" is expiring, I was relatively happy with the service package I purchased.

Now all of a sudden Xfinity has changed the TV station line up and I no longer have all the stations I signed up for. They claim they have "improved the lineup" by adding more stations. But they are not stations I want. I found out about the change when I turned on the TV to watch Game 6 of the Caps-Lightning NHL playoff series and NBCSN was gone. We had watched Game 5 on that station just two nights before. So I could only listen to the most epic game of the season and one of the most epic in franchise history on the radio. Thanks Xfinity. I will never get that experience back.

Upon calling to find out what was happening, I was told that NBCSN is now in a different "lineup" than I have. To get it back I could pay the same amount I am paying now but go down in internet speed or I could pay $17 more per month to get the same lineup I had before with the same internet speed. That is a 19% increase over my current monthly payment. That would meet the definition of extortion - being required to pay money under threat of losing something valuable. I said I just wanted the lineup offered in the long package I paid for in January. I was told that was not an option. There is a promotional package on right now that has a better deal than I got in January, but I am not eligible for it because I am already a customer and it is only for new customers. So I am left with diminished service or am extorted to pay 19% more to keep the level of service I paid for in January.

When I asked how they had randomly changed the year long package I had purchased in January, the person had no good explanation. The phrases included "corporate decisions", "negotiations with stations". She said that I did not have a "contract" with them so they could change the service at any time. She said the order confirmation they sent when I agreed to pay for the service was just to confirm I was the customer - not for me to understand the services I was paying for.

This would appear to me to be a clear bait and switch tactic. A certain service package is offered at a set price. I agree to pay that price. The company changes the services, reducing the value of the package to me but I still have to pay the same rate. To get the services I initially wanted and paid for, I have to pay 19% more per month. The help center person had no other solution for me but said I could call back between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m when the Customer Solutions branch is open and they might be able to do something for me.

I have 1 hour and 45 minutes left before they open and I get to call in. So, I MIGHT get it resolved, but I wonder how many people do not have the time or patience and agree to pay the increased fee just to be done with the drama created by Xfinity. Seems like a crooked and predatory way to make a profit. The customer service person did note that the phone lines were very busy at the help center with many people calling in over the very same issue. So the question remains... Will I will be watching Game 7 tonight at home without extortion? Or will I be watching it at my local? Go Caps!!

Original review: May 21, 2018

If you are an Xfinity customer, included with your package is its Xfinity Wi-Fi. When you’re away from your home Wi-Fi This WiFi gets picked up when you were traveling. In the last two weeks, mine has stopped working when I’m away from home. I have called and spoke with two different people who both had difficulty understanding and when they finally did get it, they said Xfinity has been working on it. Could take one month to six months and it’s always been an issue. I had no problem for 2 years until now. It’s always a different story from a different rep. PS. They tried 1st to sell me something for my home WiFi. They said it wasn’t working. It works fine. Disgusting they have such a monopoly.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I would like everyone and all of Xfinity customers to know how their safety and security can be easily compromised. Xfinity can allow your security to be compromised at the push of a button. There should be some rule or law about a company agreeing (giving me a certificate of security) to secure your home and they drop the ball, they should hold a large amount of accountability. This morning I experienced a very bizarre situation. I awoke to my services disconnected (my TV had an error code). I purchased Xfinity solely for the security. The other services that I purchased are merely for show. I was told that my services were disconnected because a new person has applied for services at my address and they disconnected mine. I set on the phone 2 hours begging for my service to be reconnected. They were telling me that they could not reconnect the other person’s order was in the system.

I call my landlord on the line and begged for my security so I can leave for my job. After I emailed the CEO plus a few other corporate people, I received a nonchalant call from Faye **. Ms. ** was not sincere. My safety does not matter to her. I am paying for a service I expect to receive. I was unsecured from 1 am-8 am after I begged, and pleaded I convinced Mr. ** to re-opened my Xfinity account. He had to treat this like I was a new customer, he actually was not sure if I would get my home phone number back. The Xfinity automated system did not even recognize me as a current customer as it usually does. After I fell asleep last night Xfinity disconnected my security and left me for DEAD in Southwest Atlanta.

I have had so many issues with Xfinity that I have come to understand that this is the lower value of service that is provided for people in my broken community because they feel we as ** people do not deserve a better type of service. This company has made me beg them for something I pay them for. If my door would have been kicked in last night and I was murdered Xfinity would probably offer my family that same $50 + $45.16 because they think that is all my underprivileged poor ** behind is worth. No one thought to call me and ask me before they disconnected. Ms. ** told me that they do not do that. Ms. ** wanted to clean this up for Xfinity and she lied to me, telling me my disconnection was a keystroke error. After talking to those few representatives I know that someone was getting services at my home.

It may have been a wrong address error. No matter what the case was I was not secured. Ms. ** and her superiors agreed that this first $50 and another $45.16 (on her next call) was all that they would do for me. If someone registers for service at your address they disconnect your service to get ready for the new. This leaves the customer open to any robberies. Xfinity has not reported this to the police. They offered me $50 + $45.16 for my time without security. I was asleep thinking I was secured but, I was open to be attacked. Had I not turned on my TV I would not have known that my security was off.

I am so shocked that this happened. If I knew it was off I would have slept someplace else. I asked for two months’ worth of bill credit. They declined me and assured me that they would work with billing to make sure this will not happen. I will probably not rest knowing this can happen. I may get up all night checking to see if my services are still indeed connected. Before this instance I felt secure with having my security in this area.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Calling to cancel home security. Had to speak with several different people and each person you had to start from the beginning, from telling them who you are and why you are calling only after 3 or 4 transfers you get disconnected only having to start again. I believe this is intentional to delay and frustrate people only to waste hours on the phone. Then once you get your goal accomplished you find there is a rate increase to another service you have. I believe this company is a monopoly and needs much more government oversight or breaking it up would be the best solution.

Xfinity Home expert review by Ben Mannes

Get a system for $29.95. Choose free self-install or professional installation for $99. Systems have automation options on 2-year contracts, with a limited warranty that renews after each month of service. You can use your existing equipment with your new system.

• Bundle option: Comcast customers can enjoy a discount by bundling their XFINITY Home system with TV and Internet services.

• Compatible with old equipment: XFINITY can upgrade your existing equipment, including door and window sensors, control panel and wiring, so you don’t need to worry about installing brand new equipment.

• Home automation: Homeowners can add on the XFINITY Home Control package to their security package to enjoy remote thermostat, lighting and appliance control. The system can be self-installed or professionally installed for an additional cost.

• Customizable: Homeowners can choose from different base package options and then add different devices for a completely customizable home security and automation system.

• Control from your TV: You can control your XFINITY Home system straight from your TV with the X1 Entertainment Operating System.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
    Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Xfinity Home Company Information