Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.36/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Xfinity Home provides home security services with 24/7 monitoring. Home security plans start at $40 and come with live HD video, real-time alerts, a cellular system backup and smart home integration.

BOTTOM LINE

Xfinity Home devices are easy to set up. Systems include high-tech automation features and real-time monitoring. Some customers complain about Xfinity customer service, so keep this in mind when shopping home security providers.

PROS

• Custom equipment packages
    • Money-back guarantee
    • Easy-to-use devices

CONS

• Limited availability

Top Xfinity Home Reviews We Found

I do like my Xfinity Home security service. I like the keypad by the door and how I can set it when I leave and when I go to bed each night. I'm glad I've never had an intruder but I know if I did I could count on Xfinity Home security service.

They offered a really good deal signing up and good deal on additional equipment. ... They also allowed for payment options to pay for the equipment and installation over the course of 4 or months.

Xfinity Home Compare Offers

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

What is Xfinity Home?

Xfinity Home is a home security provider that offers customizable systems with 24/7 monitoring service. With an Xfinity alarm system, you can choose from equipment packages or shop a la carte to design the perfect security system for your home. Xfinity alarm systems are easy to set up and use, and the company provides professional assistance with your new devices.

How does Xfinity Home security work?

Xfinity Home uses a collection of smart devices to monitor your home’s entrances and exits for security concerns. These devices include cameras, motion sensors, entry keypads, door/window sensors and smoke detectors, all of which are controlled from a touch-screen controller or your Xfinity Home app. Xfinity Home’s professionals install your chosen devices and guide you through a tutorial to help you learn the ins and outs of your new home security system.

Xfinity Home security monitoring doesn't require a contract, but you may lock into payments for up to 24 months or until the balance is paid in full if you purchase your equipment on a payment plan.

Xfinity Home security plans

Xfinity Home offers two security plans, both of which feature professional monitoring services and live video playback from your indoor/outdoor camera. Each plan includes different features and perks that allow you to customize your home security subscription to your home.

• Home Security Plan: The Xfinity Home Security Plan includes 24/7 professional monitoring with real-time alerts and live video streaming as well as smart home control. If your home Wi-Fi is disconnected, the system uses a backup cellular network to alert you or the authorities. You control your account and security devices from the Xfinity Home app, and you can watch your cameras from your TV with a cable subscription. This plan costs $40 a month and does not require a contract.
      • Home Security Plus Plan: This tier includes everything from the Home Security Plan and adds 24/7 motion-activated video recording. The Xfinity AI differentiates between people, vehicles and pets to ensure you’re getting the most relevant alerts. This plan costs $50 a month and does not require term agreements.

Xfinity Home security cost

Xfinity Home security systems start at between $15 and $20 per month, plus taxes. Xfinity Home offers three prebuilt equipment packages or the option to purchase additional devices individually. These equipment packages are purchased with a one-time payment or with a payment plan of up to 24 months.

• Base Home System: The Base Home System package costs $15 per month for 24 months or a flat fee of $360. The basic starter package includes a touch-screen controller, three door/window sensors, one motion sensor and a yard sign. These devices include a battery and cellular system backup in case your home loses power or Wi-Fi. This package is ideal for smaller homes with up to two entrances.
      • Complete Home System: This package costs $20 per month for 24 months or an upfront charge of $480. The Complete Home System is a good option for larger homes with multiple doors and windows. This package includes a touch-screen controller, five door/window sensors, one motion sensor, one wireless keypad and one indoor/outdoor camera. As with the other packages, the Complete Home System also includes cellular backup, a yard sign and access to the Xfinity Home app.

Xfinity home security equipment cost

In addition to its standard equipment packages, Xfinity Home also offers a la carte devices. You can purchase additional sensors and cameras or upgrade your home with its selection of smart devices. Xfinity Home is also compatible with select third-party smart devices that control lighting, locks, thermostats and more.

Indoor/outdoor camera
      The camera costs $120, and you can purchase 24/7 video recording for an additional $10 per month. The Xfinity indoor/outdoor camera offers clear high-definition video, even at night. It’s weather-resistant and can be professionally installed or self-installed. With the Xfinity Home app, you can watch live video from any of your devices to remotely monitor your home.
      Zen Thermostat
      The Zen Thermostat costs $120 and can be installed by the homeowner or a professional. This smart thermostat puts temperature control right at your fingertips no matter where you are. The device is controlled and programmed from its sleek LED touch display or with the Xfinity Home app.
      Motion sensor
      Additional motion sensors cost $40 and must be installed by a professional. An Xfinity motion sensor covers up to 50 feet to detect unexpected motion while the system is armed. This small device discreetly mounts in the corner of the room and sends alerts or turns on smart lighting if motion is detected. The sensor is pet-friendly and isn’t triggered by animals up to 85 pounds.
      Door/window sensor
      Extra sensors are $20 each and require professional installation. These small devices are mounted at the top of the doorway or the edge of the window, and they send you alerts if your home’s entry points are opened or left ajar.
      Wireless keypad
      It costs an additional $40 to add a keypad to your Base Home System. The wireless Xfinity keypad disarms the security system using your personal access code. Simply place this keypad near your entryway to arm or disarm your system as you come and go.
      Outlet controller
      Make the transition to a smart home for only $50 per outlet. Want to turn your lights or devices on with the press of a button? The Xfinity outlet controller allows you to do that and more. You set schedules to automatically control lights, coffee makers, televisions and anything else you plug into an outlet.
      Smoke detector
      Xfinity does not include these detectors with Xfinity Home packages, but you can purchase them for $70. A smoke detector from Xfinity Home keeps your home safe 24/7 with professional monitoring and real-time alerts. Keep in mind that a professional technician must install the smoke detector.

Xfinity Home FAQ

How much does Xfinity Home security cost per month?
      Xfinity Home security monitoring plans cost $40 to $50 per month. If you choose a 24-month payment plan for your equipment, your monthly cost may be $15 to $25 higher.
      Where is Xfinity Home security available?
      Xfinity Home is only available in select ZIP codes, but its service area spans across 40 states. Use its online tool to check for availability in your area.
      Do I have to install Xfinity Home security equipment myself?
      You can install Xfinity indoor/outdoor cameras on your own, but sensors and smoke detectors must be installed by a professional.

Fortunately, Xfinity Home provides expert installation with convenient scheduling and customized recommendations. You can schedule an appointment within a guaranteed two-hour window to have an Xfinity technician complete a home assessment to find the best system for you.

Once you select an equipment package, they complete the installation and walk you through a tutorial to acquaint you with your new security system.

What cameras work with Xfinity Home?
      Xfinity Home security monitoring only works with its camera brands. You can purchase an Xfinity indoor/outdoor camera for $120.
      What comes with Xfinity Home security?
      Depending on the subscription you choose, your Xfinity Home security plan may come with professional monitoring, real-time alerts, live video feeds, video recording, cellular system backup and app control. These subscription plans range from $40 to $50 per month.
      Can Xfinity Home use ADT equipment?
      No, Xfinity Home monitoring plans are only compatible with Xfinity equipment.
      Is Ring compatible with Xfinity Home?
      Ring devices are not compatible with Xfinity Home. You can purchase compatible equipment directly from Xfinity.
      Does Xfinity equipment come with a warranty?
      Xfinity equipment comes with a limited warranty that lasts for 30 days from the date of installation. The warranty covers defects in the equipment or the workmanship of the Xfinity technician. This warranty only covers the original purchaser of the equipment.
      What is Xfinity Home’s return policy?
      Xfinity offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on its home security services and equipment. Contact Xfinity Home for more information on how to return or uninstall any purchased equipment.

Is Xfinity home security worth it?

If you're in the market for an ultra-smart home security system, Xfinity Home is an excellent choice. Xfinity Home offers advanced smart devices that allow you to monitor your home 24/7, even when you’re away. Xfinity plans are ideal for those who are tech-focused and looking to convert to a smart home experience. Its devices and features are often highly rated, but consumers sometimes have complaints about Xfinity Home’s customer service. Read reviews in your area to determine if Xfinity Home is right for you.

Xfinity Home Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

What I like about Xfinity internet

-No deposit required with autopay ($1.00 credit).
      -If you have your own cable modem can install it yourself with free starter kit or if you already have a coax cable just have to call Comcast and activate the modem can't do this with Verizon!
      -Has more wifi hotspots 15 million... Verizon 5,700.
      -Online bill is easy to understand.

-24/7 online customer service (some say bad customer service).

Original review: July 29, 2019

Overall, Xfinity Home service is good. Operation of the security service through the app is very convenient. Having the service as part of a bundle package can have a downside due to an outage from one of the other services. I have to contact the home service separate to reset the service. Updates to the service are done automatically which is good.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I do like my Xfinity Home security service. I like the keypad by the door and how I can set it when I leave and when I go to bed each night. I'm glad I've never had an intruder but I know if I did I could count on Xfinity Home security service to keep me safe and send the authorities in a hurried manner.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I would say I haven't had the service since November of 2016 because I am staying with others. Xfinity had great service, but like I've ALWAYS say unless you have back up battery system in your security it doesn't do any good if power goes out!! The monitor screen I kept in my room was delayed, so intruders could of been upstairs but would appear to be downstairs still. They're great when it comes to repairing and answering questions!! ALWAYS came out on call!!! No battery BACK up!! And monitor were downfall but I was so happy with xfinity service and equipment etc. They made everything ok!!! Maybe they've changed that by now. And that makes it a great service.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was supplied alarm pads, door sensors and a camera. I especially like checking on my home while I’m out for the day. I’ve had no problems with false alarms. The one time my alarm went off the police were there in 5 minutes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?

Original review: May 21, 2020

Be very careful with Xfinity. This company is not transparent with their billing practices and will hit you with extra fees at the end of a term that's not supposed to exist. Even though their website specifically states that there is no term agreement, this is not true. If you sign up for a service there is indeed a term of 12 months minimum. The reps will not tell you this and at the end of your term, the cost will substantially increase. At this point you will be required to choose a new plan and again, get a new term. What their website states for a plan cost is different than what's actually available. Again, be very careful with this company. Personally, I won't do business with organizations with these deceptive practices.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Please don't ever take Xfinity. They have very bad customer service. I am paying for 1gbps but I rarely get more than 500 mbps with a top of the line modem. According to them my gigabit modem can't relay gigabit speeds and the only thing that can do it in the entire modem/router market is their xfi router, that is tracking my internet activity. I was told no contracts and no rentals on my equipment but then I was charged for rental even though I have my own equipment, coz the employee in the physical location decided to add me to it. I was never able to report this fraud employee coz customer service said it's not their problem. This entire organization is PURE FRAUD. I am stuck using them for another year because of this contract.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I have no choice in paying for this garbage, where I live it is using next to a lot of apartments/condos that has a contract with Comcast, and it eats a way at bandwith and ping. I used to have Wow where I lived and it was 100000 times better in price and in reliability. For this entire year they say there is no problem, but there is, they pack everyone onto the same tier and when everyone is on it's a problem. Games are 400 plus ms in ping every single time I try to log on. Support is no help either, they always start with rebooting modem reading from a screen for problems, they have no real tech team. Just 7 dollar an hour dummies who read a pc prompt. If they do come out, they always, I mean always charge you saying there is no problem, so don't ask them to come out.

If it is them, they will still say it's your side to cover their charges for coming out. This has been a nightmare, please do yourself a favor don't get scammed by these people. They over charge a ton and it's not good service anymore. They haven't updated their bandwith usage lines and still rely on packing as many people they can onto the same tier. Since the Covid, forget it, I don't even turn on my pc. Worst company ever, I mean it from the bottom of my heart. Horrible.

Original review: April 21, 2020

It usually takes A LOT of grief before I take the time to do this, twice in one month and two different companies, yikes! I am a one-month long customer with Xfinity, and I wish I knew! You better not have a question beyond a technical one, even that might be a challenge if you don't have the correct number. I had a few technical questions and once I got ahold of someone, they, so far, have been excellent. There are two things I really had issues with. 1.) The setup, whereas when you setup an account for your Internet and TV it gets a little strange, and they don't really explain it out. I wound up with 2-3 user names and passwords. You have to Log in to a few different things, like creating an account for billing, etc. Then create one for setting up you TV and Internet. Then you have to, at some time in the process, change your password or a username from ones that they provide to you, heck, I didn't even know they gave me one.

Then when they spelled my first name wrong, (adding one more "L"), that created another issue...which hasn't been corrected. A possible resolve is when you create a user & pswd to login to something, tell us idiots "remember this is to login to this service, make note this". And then repeat it in the login page, this is for XYZ services, use that user-pswd. When you're not familiar with the service and have 2-3 user and passwords, it can get a little confusing. 2) Over the last few weeks, I have tried to get someone on the phone for non-technical question...not possible! I also tried to use their Chat session, it's all Internet based, just electronic questions and possible answers, no real person.

Today I called twice, the first time I got as far as the automated computer chick saying, "Hold on while I transfer your call", yeehaw! Then she's back, "Are you sure you don't want to try this or that before I transfer your," for instance I can answer...blaa-blaa-blaa. I hung up. I called back and repeatedly kept on saying "I want to talk to an agent". It went through the continuous questions, I'd say, "I want to talk to an agent". They keep raising hope like she's almost there, then, Thank you for your call, goodbye". Too funny.

Okay, just remembered a 3rd from this morning. I knew the technical guys were responsive. I called, I entered or answered one thing into the phone, a guy comes on, GREAT! I tell him what I wanted, "It was a non-technical questions". He immediately tried to sell me another $99.00 protection plan. At first, he said, I can lower your bill by $150.00...WHAT? Oh wait, this is in additional to what I'm paying, ahhh, what am I missing. As much as I thanked and and asked if he can transfer to a Xfinity none technical service question, he wanted to transfer me to his order department. He WOULD NOT let me go or listen to me, finally I had to thank him and just hang up.

Sadly, I have a two year contract. This is an ongoing situation. I have used a few of their competitors and I know they're out here. And I KNOW I have talked to their people before. Unfortunately, as is typical, a two-year contract. I'm not going to raise a stink over the types of things I want resolved, they get ironed out. I've calmed down now, thanks for listening. Think about these big guys first, try the little and/or local ones if possible. I thought Consolidated was great, always get a person in the US for whatever you need. They are unfortunately one of the ones here.

Original review: April 20, 2020

My 12 month agreement for internet service expired this month while we are in the Covid 19 crisis. The invoice price on my new rate is almost double my current rate (from $44 to $85). In the past whenever this has happened I always replace service with the new current special. However, during the Covid 19 crisis there are no replacement specials. Every person having to renew a contract will be experiencing the same huge increases. In a time of national crisis when people rely on their internet, Xfinity has found a way to price gouge by, for the first time ever, not offering new discount specials for renewal. I find their profit motivated behavior in this time of crisis very sad.

Xfinity Home Company Information