1.73/5

Need a home alarm?

Need a home alarm?

146 Xfinity Home Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

This is by far the WORST customer service that I have ever received!!! We received our self-install kit. I tried to set up our user name and password. Had big-time issues. Kept getting the information did not match their system. Please call for help. So we called waited 15 mins for a rep. The rep gets on the line. Hardly speaks English. Talks to us for over 30 mins having us trying to log in. ACTING like she is setting up the account for us. Finally says, "Oh well I need you to speak with one of our technicians to finish. You won't have to hardly talk to him. I will explain it all. He gets on the line and has no clue who I am or what is going on. We tried to explain to him. He started asking questions about is this an old address. Not making any sense at all. We finally had to just hang up as we had wasted over an hour on the phone to get no where.

So then I think I'll go on and chat with someone. OH NO you have to use a username and password to chat with someone. WTF why? So if we are having issues with username and password you are SOL. This has been by far the worst! I work customer support and your support is what gives customer service a bad name!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

System glitch after another. Poor customer service. Calling tech support is like a trip to the DMV. They can’t fix the issues but you wade through 20 minutes anyway. When you finally get a tech appointment they can’t fix it. The “repairs “ work for an hour and then it’s back to garbage again.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Yes, I was behind on my bill. I have been with Comcast for over 20 years. I have always paid them. This time I receive a call about my past due bill. As always I take care of it. They always offer to take a payment for a fee, of course. I always tell them I will take care of it myself, because of the fee. So now they charge me $30 for them to call me about the bill. I can't believe what these idiots will go through to find a way to charge you more money. Now! I will no longer answer the phone when Comcast calls. It could cost me. When you see Comcast calling, let them leave a message.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Customer service represenitives MUST BE TRUTHFUL AND HONEST! I was lied too and swindled by Xfiniti/Comcast ONCE AGAIN. I have called support 30 times in past 60 days. I have spent hours after hours on the phone and I am calling to have my service cancelled this week. I have never been taken advantage of like this CON-ARTIST COMPANY! YOU AS A COMPANY ALLOW IT. Your phone calls are recorded and now I have to pay more because of a deceptive staff member. I will not stop here. They tell you anything they want and once you agree to what they are telling you and find out it is not what the "pitch" is then you say I want to go back to my old plan they say "We can't go to old plan now that you switched...." This is not how you treat loyal customers. I have had it. This is a big problem with companies who allow staff to deceptively take advantage of their customers. The calls are recorded and NOTHING can be done?

Resolution response: Sept. 4, 2019

I submitted a review explain my problem with Xfinity Beta TV. In about 20 minutes after I filed my complaint Xfinity resolved the problem. I am only giving 3 stars because I shouldn't have had to deal with the problem in the beginning.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I have a smart TV in my bedroom. Apparently I can watch the Xfinity beta TV on my phone, or on a Kendle Fire while laying in bed, but not in a Roku TV. I am at loss to find any logical reason for this. What makes any difference what device is used. Very disappointing, after all it's only a beta system anyway.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

What I like about Xfinity internet

-No deposit required with autopay ($1.00 credit).
      -If you have your own cable modem can install it yourself with free starter kit or if you already have a coax cable just have to call Comcast and activate the modem can't do this with Verizon!
      -Has more wifi hotspots 15 million... Verizon 5,700.
      -Online bill is easy to understand.

-24/7 online customer service (some say bad customer service).

Original review: July 21, 2019

I would say I haven't had the service since November of 2016 because I am staying with others. Xfinity had great service, but like I've ALWAYS say unless you have back up battery system in your security it doesn't do any good if power goes out!! The monitor screen I kept in my room was delayed, so intruders could of been upstairs but would appear to be downstairs still. They're great when it comes to repairing and answering questions!! ALWAYS came out on call!!! No battery BACK up!! And monitor were downfall but I was so happy with xfinity service and equipment etc. They made everything ok!!! Maybe they've changed that by now. And that makes it a great service.

Our Pick
      ConsumerAffairs RecommendedProtect America
      Original review: July 22, 2019

I do like my Xfinity Home security service. I like the keypad by the door and how I can set it when I leave and when I go to bed each night. I'm glad I've never had an intruder but I know if I did I could count on Xfinity Home security service to keep me safe and send the authorities in a hurried manner.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Overall, Xfinity Home service is good. Operation of the security service through the app is very convenient. Having the service as part of a bundle package can have a downside due to an outage from one of the other services. I have to contact the home service separate to reset the service. Updates to the service are done automatically which is good.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Comcast, now Xfinity, has grown and perfected their business. Customer service reps can provide effective answers and resolve issues! The internet speed is consistently 5... It never goes down. The viewing choices on cable are unbelievable. There’s a weekly what to watch newsletter, and the picture is perfect... Everything is perfect! Well, free would be perfect; that it is not but I can talk to my remote! The price is right!

Xfinity Home expert review by Ben Mannes

Get a system for $29.95. Choose free self-install or professional installation for $99. Systems have automation options on 2-year contracts, with a limited warranty that renews after each month of service. You can use your existing equipment with your new system.

• Bundle option: Comcast customers can enjoy a discount by bundling their XFINITY Home system with TV and Internet services.

• Compatible with old equipment: XFINITY can upgrade your existing equipment, including door and window sensors, control panel and wiring, so you don’t need to worry about installing brand new equipment.

• Home automation: Homeowners can add on the XFINITY Home Control package to their security package to enjoy remote thermostat, lighting and appliance control. The system can be self-installed or professionally installed for an additional cost.

• Customizable: Homeowners can choose from different base package options and then add different devices for a completely customizable home security and automation system.

• Control from your TV: You can control your XFINITY Home system straight from your TV with the X1 Entertainment Operating System.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
      Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Xfinity Home Company Information