1.16/5

Need a home alarm?

119 Xfinity Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 20, 2019

I will never subscribe to such useless, non existent service ever again. Why I have to pay early termination after they provided nothing and I wasted weeks on the phone with constant outage they wouldn't admit to, I don't understand.

Original review: May 18, 2019

They have horrible customer service. My internet went down and I had to call like 5 times and never fixed the problem. Went to stores and ask for technicians to help me and never went. I got sick and tired and left this people and got new company and they keep charging me for months. Now my bill is super high and they say can not do anything you need to pay that.... I do not recommend Comcast / Xfinity at all.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2019

The price of this plan kept increasing. I called a few times a month and Xfinity kept telling me I had the very best plan and no other plan existed for me to take. Their screens would never display other available packages which were cheaper for me to consider. I never knew that once you signed up for a new promotion, you had one month to cancel out of it and then you would not be charged that ghastly disconnect fee. No one at Xfinity ever told me this. After many times of screaming at them and threatening them, a package manager finally told me about this. I greedily cancelled on them very shortly afterwards. Good riddance!!! Thank God I'm finally out. What a nightmare.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I love Xfinity's product and services, the only problem we have is their customer service system. Horrible customer service! Broken promises, lies that they will call you back when they don't, offering refunds that are never seen, no notes of telling us about the refund, they don't write down notes during the phone calls. They are apparently not recorded for "quality assurance" because the quality sucks and they never seem to go back and review the recorded conversations when asked. Just today they said they didn't have enough information on my past conversation and they literally to us go to nearest Xfinity store (20 min away) because they have more information on their computers there. What?!? This is so **! What do you mean the store has more information than the 800 # customer service?! They need to revamp their customer service department... Fast. Love Xfinity products & services --- Hate Xfinity's customer service.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I called to renew my contract because I was about to go off contract. I called before it ran out and got on a new contract so I didn't go off contract, sounds like I did the right thing? Nope. A few weeks after I agreed to the new contract I went to a retail location to pick up my self install kit. They had no record of my new contract, it had been cancelled and I was currently off contract and the bill went up about 50%. I tried getting that contract that I agreed to back but the current deals had changed and it wasn't an option. I agreed to a lower contract so they could get the deals back. Then they found another deal that was $10 cheaper than the contract I agreed to over the phone. Great, let's do that one. I agreed to it and then it vanished from the screen. So then I had to agree to another contract $10 more than the one I agreed to over the phone. So I did that so I wouldn't be off contract and he said that he would put in for a work order.

I didn't hear anything back so about a week later I called Xfinity. Basically they don't know why that initial contract was cancelled and they can't get me any other deal than the one that was $10 more than I agreed to the first time. Yet another work order had to be put in because now I'm paying extra for that period they say I went off contract. They just seem to refuse to get the contract that I agreed to. I repeatedly asked for a supervisor and never got one, just put on hold for about 5 or 10 times 3 times. She said it might take 2 weeks to hear back. Ridiculous that they can't use the contract that I agreed to the first time. I refused to accept that answer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?

Original review: April 29, 2019

This is the worst cable company ever. They are out for your money and charge extra and turn your cable off after you just paid the bill and their customer service is horrible. They are rude smarty pants and they don't speak English at all. Went thru 3 different reps before I got one that spoke very little English. If I could get Dish I promise I'd switch to a different company. Horrible company.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Horrible customer service at the Baker's Bridge Road Store. I had called Comcast previously about a cable box not functioning properly. I was told I would have to take the box into a store and swap it out. Needless to say it's taken me a couple months before I was motivated to go into the store - I really feel uneasy with going into the Bakers Bridge Comcast store due to the horrible customer service. On 04/27/19, at 1535 CT I checked my box in at the Bakers Bridge Comcast (Xfinity) store with "Felicia". I asked how long the wait is and she said someone would be with me "shortly". I clearly explained, my son has a game and I need to know if there will be a long wait. Felicia proceeded to state in a nonchalantly monotone voice, "They will be with you shortly." As a customer, I felt her body language and tone demonstrated she was annoyed by my question.

I then sat down and waited approximately 27 minutes when Ahmed walked up to a woman behind us that separated the two sitting areas and he stated "Leslie". Ahmed's voice is soft, so I did not think he was calling out "Leslie", but rather that customer's name was Leslie as well. Ahmed went back to the counter and stated "Denise" and the women he was talking to when he stated "Leslie" walked up. I waited a bit and then went up front to ask Felicia how customers are called. Is there an order and she stated there is a list the reps use to call the next customer up.

I stated, I think that man may have called me and passed me over... Felicia proceeded to state, "Well you should have responded and gone up to the counter." I attempted to explain, it was not that he called out my name, but rather he stated "Leslie" to another woman. Felicia again stated "You should have gone up to the counter." No "I'm sorry, let me find out where you are on the list." Or "let me check with him to make sure this did not happen." Felicia presented as extremely argumentative and disinterested. Note - Ahmed never called out the name but was rather speaking to another customer. Had he called out my name, I would have responded.

At 1608 CT, I was called up to the counter by another young woman who was working to the left of Ahmed. At this point Ahmed was alone and I asked him, did you call my name, "Leslie" and he stated, "I don't know." I asked why he said "Leslie" and he stated if I "heard him, I should have gone up to him". I explained, "I could not see you, I heard you speaking to the woman behind me (behind the TV) and I did not know that her name was not Leslie, but then when you said "Denise", I knew I had been passed over."

This was extremely upsetting to me as I was to drop off a box and pick up another box. My son has a game and I made this clear. Now I have three employees all telling me that it was MY FAULT that Ahmed passed me over - The woman working with me interjected with statement, Ahmed asserted this to me again and Felicia. I never heard, "I'm sorry" or "let me help you get the box so you can get going" - Nothing!! Just excuses.

When I asked for Ahmed's name, he proudly spelled his name for me, which led me to believe, he knows there are no consequences for delivering horrible service, as this is the status quo. I received a similar response from Felicia, minus the spelling of her, name she proudly announced her name so I could write it down. It's disappointing how Comcast or the new Xfinity possesses the value of zero acknowledgment for customer service. I question the leadership of this company and local store. I've never been a fan of the store. Is it really difficult to find good help...? or rather Xfinity just does not care about customer service. Whatever percentage I pay for customer service, I would like this refunded to me on a monthly basis because I am being cheated. I expect an apology and compensation for my time and reimbursement for price I pay for customer service.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We have had Comcast (Xfinity) for 29 years, and we have paid our monthly bills faithfully. The last few years has been a nightmare because Xfinity keeps adding at last least $20 a month to each of the package (TV, phone, internet bundle) we agreed to. When we have called and we explain that we were quoted a lower price, they completely stonewall. We are going to go to another provider ASAP. I cannot understand how a company can be so untrustworthy and stay in business. I would like to rate it with no stars if that were possible.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I'm at Jury Duty so I got time. In November, I ordered internet service. They couldn't get my appointment correct and sent people on days we didn't agree on. Then when someone finally showed up, he came with no tools. He left to go get them and came back and accused one of my neighbors of stealing his bags which he left in the alley. I called to complain and they promised me a credit (which never I never got). And then sent someone else. Okay, so now I have service.

Bills are supposed to be taken out of my account monthly but never were. 3 months of service and they suspended me. I call and they can't find my info in the system. Not the phone number, not the address, not my email. Come to find out, they are sending the bills to my old address where there is not even service. Trying to get the bill paid before they suspend me again has been a nightmare. They are wanting to verify info that they don't even have. I deserve a 5 month bill credit but trying to get that out of them will make me want to pull my hair out! I have never in my life experienced such a run around with a company and it's honestly ridiculous.

Original review: April 10, 2019

If you are like me and loathe both Comcast and Xfinity but are hostage to one of the other I'm sure you base your choice on cost. I switched to Comcast as Verizon had increased one too many times so I saw an ad to switch to Comcast and get a Visa Gift Card. I switched and was told " No gift card for 90 days and at that point we (Comcast) will send. You guessed it, NO GIFT CARD and now when I call to follow up it is the runaround "we don't see that in your package blah blah." They just wear you down until you say, "** it, I don't have time to pursue." THIS IS THEIR STRATEGY FROM OUTSET I'M SURE. Good luck.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I have been trying to get Xfinity cable internet activated in my newly built Chicago house for months. To no avail, despite plenty of calls with their 'customer service'. Too bad other cable companies do not service the area I live, as I would pay plenty of money, just to avoid dealing with this terrible company and its inefficient systems. A complete lack of customer service, internal communication and a flat out disrespectful treatment of (potential) customers.

The only part of the company that seems to work is the billing department. From previous experience, I know they also scam existing customers into hiking prices to an unreasonable level, a year or two after activation. I hope that one day this company is going to be held accountable financially and legally for the ways they exploit their local monopoly on high-speed cable internet. My advice: If you have a way to avoid dealing with this company, do it! Try to avoid Xfinity/Comcast at all cost if you can, it will improve your quality of life.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Cant believe they are charging me to cancel my contract when I'm moving to a state that doesn't offer service. It's unethical and I feel taken advantage of. Never thought that such a huge company would sneak something so outrageously ridiculous into a contract. If they ever decide to offer service in Las Vegas don't use these crooks.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I got hung up by a customer service staff. Here is the story: I wanted to see the detail of the billing statement before mailing out a check. Because I didn't receive anything in the mail for a while, so I called to check which address it was sent. They gave me my street address, which was not my mailing address. So, I requested it to be sent to my mailing address. The staff said she could not mail the statement again once it was mailed. Then, I requested to email me. She said she couldn't mail or email a previous statement that was already sent. Then I asked why. And she hung up on me. It has been a constant battle with Xfinity/Comcast customer services. They always try to sell me something else, trying to lure me into buying more services whenever I called.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I called to cancel my service within 30 days of getting their service and have never installed their equipment or used it in any way. After 4 months I noticed that our account that we had put it on was still being charged every month. I called them and they said they had no record of the cancellation and they refused to credit me anything back.

After speaking with them for an hour on the phone and asking for a supervisor, the supervisor gets on and says they called me a month ago and I was aware the service was still active. I never received a phone call from them. He then proceeded to tell me I owed everything which at that point I was ready to just pay and be done, but then told me I would get an early cancellation fee. I told him I was super upset that they didn't have record of any conversation with me even though I know I called in and was willing to just pay my final bill to be done with them, and could he credit the early cancellation fee at least. He was rude, refused to do it, and flat out said no because I knew I had service. I will NEVER do any business with them again.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I spoke with the chat team about setting up my internet. I specified that I have my own modem so I will not be needing to rent one. That person sent me my contract. I read it. $59.99 for 250 download speed for the first year, and no other charges besides a couple cents on tax. Great. I accept it. All that was left for me to do was pick up my set up kit from one of their locations. Not knowing what to expect from the set up kit, the cashier hands me the bag and I sign the receipt saying I picked up my FREE self-install kit.

I thought it was odd they gave me a device but it looks nothing like any modem I've seen so I figured this device was needed for set up. I set up my internet with the device. It's slow. So I connect my own Netgear modem and it's great. Then I get my first bill and see that I'm charged an extra $10 for half month device rental. I call Xfinity and the lady said she would take it off. Apparently when I went to pick up my FREE self installation kit, the guy decided to add their odd looking modem to my account when I specifically told them I did not need a modem because I have my own. So this Xfinity rep lady sends me another contract, exactly like the first one, and once again I agree to it.

A while later, I check my bill and it still has the extra $10 fee so I contact Xfinity again. This guy explains to me that I will have to pay the amount this month but the charge will be gone for the following months and they will credit me the extra amount. Great. Then he tells me, to "make it up" they would give me 30 days free trial for their tv streaming. At first I'm interested but then I quickly ask him if it will auto renew and charge me after those 30 days. Yes it will. He says I will have to call back in to get it taken off my account if I go through with it. At that point I'm just beyond pissed because he's playing it off as Xfinity "making it up" to me but really they're just trying to add things on to my bill. I just end my conversation with him. I did not add this free trial thing to my account. He tried calling me twice after that but I didn't answer.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

One of your drivers has parked in our assigned space and partly in another's assigned space at our property in Bothell, WA. I contacted the customer service line on the back of the van, as there was not a "How was my driving" phone number on the back. The representative was nice, but the phone number he gave me keeps ringing and then goes straight to voicemail. Looking online I see that this is not an isolated problem. Please make sure your drivers check if parking spaces are assigned before parking in a space.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

All cable providers are overpriced...cannot argue one over the other much these days with that argument. In the past month however, I have to now "authenticate" ALL of my apps DAILY. With much research...it is not an issue with Amazon/apps, it's Xfinity and their random BS IP addresses. This only happens with the apps that are "cable provider sensitive" like HGTV, TLC, Food Network etc...not Hulu, Netflix. XFINITY denies it, but it is most definitely their issue; I wish a different provider had rights in our area.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

DO NOT USE THEM! Not only do they throttle (but claim they don't), their customer service is pathetic. Here is what happened to me in a nutshell: was on 3rd month of a 12 month internet contract with Xfinity in middle of current billing cycle which ran from 1/28-2/27 (date of review is 2/7). Called to cancel service starting at the end of the billing cycle on the 27th. Comcast was going to charge me the $69 for the internet through 2/27 and also charge me $80 for the cancellation clause ($10/month for remaining months of contract).

I work from home and internet is business critical. As soon as I got off the phone, my internet went down. The prompts told me that in order to activate that I had to call customer service. Activate? I already am activated and have an account?! Called them back and after 45 mins of investigation and attempts to restart my service, the customer service agent (second one, NOT the first one who turned my service off) let me know the supervisor of the agent who had cancelled my service without my permission would have to call me back. The reason being every time she tried to reactivate my service, it was going to put me in another 12 month cycle and I would be charged ANOTHER cancellation fee if I cancelled. I pleaded with her that I needed a call back within the hour as this was BUSINESS STOPPING as I work from home and wifi is imperative.

It is now 8 hours later and not a peep from them. I am using my work provided MiFi to get through the day and have a local internet company coming out tomorrow to install internet for me as again, this is business stopping. I am appalled that this is how they conduct business. They do not care about their customers. USE ANY OTHER COMPANY FOR INTERNET. Seriously!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I made a payment on the 28 of January and on the 29 they stole from my account $198.37 without and authorization. I do not have it that they can go to my account and get the payment off I do it. Then they said, "We will give you a refund." Nothing. Still waiting and the mary jane said on a chat that I owed the money. That is false and that I needed to pay an additional $6.97. This has been going on for a while. I do not trust them no more. I had to rate I put 1 star. None is deserving!!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Alarm system prematurely goes off. You're locked out of the app unable to turn off the alarm. Home monitoring service says they'll turn the alarm off. They do not. Your pet is then sent into seizures from the loud sounds of their alarm and they refused to compensate the medical.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

After many months of using the Xfinity site to pay our bill, I got a notice that our payment was not processed and that we had incurred a late fee. I keep a ledger of all payments and show the payment was made on January 3rd. Tried to call customer service but there is apparently no way to do so. Had to request a call-back for the following evening. Someone for whom English is not their first language went to great lengths to not be helpful. Refused to consider they might have made a mistake and didn't care that our payments had always processed on time in the past. Desperate to find an alternative for our internet/TV.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

NO stars. :( At the end of a 40 minute phone call, the CSR sent a link for me to check 2 boxes to proceed with my request for internet service. The first box was me agreeing to a bogus $70 installation fee which was totally unnecessary. I explained that my son had service here for months and transferred the service to his new address. He left everything behind including a router and booster all still connected and plugged in. I was not trusting that after I checked that box that the installation rep would remove this charge, so Xfinity lost my business to AT&T, which is way better anyway cause it's fiber optic!

Totally unhappy that I wasted 40 mins talking to a pleasant someone who in the end was unable to provide internet service for my home. Not his fault, he did his job. Shame on you Xfinity, you lost another customer because of your bogus business practice of forcing the customer to agree to pay for something they do not necessarily need. I will post in other locations too.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

It's very suspicious that my bill went behind almost three months and I wasn't notified on my preferred email, but there are notices all of a sudden in October going to my Comcast email (never use). I look back at Comcast email acct and it's a bunch of junk mail, but in October important billing emails were going there instead of to my personal email. My acct was set up on auto-pay, but apparently after I extended my pay date a few days in October it deleted auto-pay so the bills went unpaid. Strangely, I never received a call, piece of mail, or email (preferred email) stating my bills were going past due and I didn't realize an issue until my services were disconnected on 12/28/18. Too, my contract expired on 12/18/18 and I was charged $33.16 more than my usual bill. I was told my bill would be adjusted for the month the contract expired (Dec), but the rep didn't fix everything like he said.

He didn't even mention the two reactivation fees that were added to my acct, I found this out two weeks later during my phone call tonight. I spoke to a Supervisor and she says all they could do is credit the $10 late fee because we're in another billing cycle. This could have been taken care of in November, my bill would be paid in full and I could have gotten another promotion. Now, they expect me to pay ALL of those fees and a higher bill??? It could have been avoided and I don't deserve this! Not a coincidence! Shady business and not taking responsibility.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My husband and I are in our 70s and have just had our monthly rate increased by $30/mo. From $107 to $138. When I talked to Xfinity, the only way I can lower this rate, even to $118, is by agreeing to a 24-month plan where I would be obligated for a $230 termination fee that decreases $10 every month. Incredibly, if we find at some point that we can't afford to pay this lower rate and have to terminate our "subscription", we would have to pay a fee! Right now we earn more than the $35,200 limit for Low-Income Discount. I'm just hoping that there are some consumer rules that apply to this monopoly that contracts with our state, county and city.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Comcast, now Xfinity, has grown and perfected their business. Customer service reps can provide effective answers and resolve issues! The internet speed is consistently 5... It never goes down. The viewing choices on cable are unbelievable. There’s a weekly what to watch newsletter, and the picture is perfect... Everything is perfect! Well, free would be perfect; that it is not but I can talk to my remote! The price is right!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I have a Xfinity home security system with display and cameras. Well tech did not install cameras. Said "It's easy. You can do it." Well I moved here 3 weeks ago and have not been able to install it. Well 3 days ago my security system stopped working and I called them of course. Said "I'll walk you thru. Let's troubleshoot your system." I didn't tell them I could figure it out on my own so I let them tell me what I needed to do and it didn't work so they said it was outage in my area. It will come on. Ok so nothing happen. The next night I still have no service but you know I am still being charged for service I'm not getting.

Well lo and behold my house gets shot up. I'm not a bad person. I believe it was a mistake regardless my house was riddled with bullets and I called Xfinity and was told sorry for my inconvenience. I said, "Yeah inconvenience and I pay for your service correct." They said yes. I said, "Since my service is not working and I didn't get shooters on camera or anything and my system was down does that mean you are going to repair my house." They of course said no and credited me 1 month of service for security system. Wow. But does anyone know if I can make them pay for damages to my house since the service was not working?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Please HELP me. I did what you asked and since 12-13, I no longer am able to receive and or send emails from my smart phone or Outlook. I have spent over 5 hrs on the phone with 5 different service people from Xfinity with no success. Their names are Michael, Danial, Josh, Angel, Kizza and Jennifer. Obviously this has been very frustrating. Xfinity On December 3, 2018 at 3:22 PM Xfinity wrote: "Update your settings by December 6th. My Account> Remember to update your Xfinity email settings on your devices Beginning December 6, 2018, we are making changes to Xfinity email to increase your security. We’ve ex…"

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Been a customer since 1993. Wanted to know if there were PROMOTIONs to keep same services at a reduced cost. REP continued speaking over me so I couldn’t explain my want and went straight to downgrade services. REP asked what channels do I watch. There are 120+ channels. I said how would I know other than a few as I’m not the only one in the home. REP then stated she wanted to know premium channels only. That was not her original question. Conversation from REP turned agitated then mine spiked too. I asked if she would just let me speak she would know my ask. Totally downhill agitated attitude from REP and I simply hung up. XFinity REPs need to give the customer a chance to explain their ask before spewing canned (lectures) responses that run on and on. Investigating alternate companies to replace Xfinity services.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I signed up for prepaid internet service in August. The first week it worked fine. After that it has been a nightmare. While trying to stream Netflix it is nonstop rebuffer. Websites on PC takes so long to load. The site will kick you off. Customer service is rude and offer little more than flat out lies. Finally talked them into sending a tech. He looked at the modem and said it had to be replaced but he couldn't do that. Return it to Boost Mobile. Boost Mobile said they only sell the service. I needed to call Comcast. When I was finally able to get the modem replaced the service was even worse! Had another tech sent out. Tech showed me his work order.

Comcast had put on the order "do not replace modem. Do not replace any equipment. Do nothing!" Seriously?? Is this how Comcast conducts business?? They are charging for and accepting money for a service I can't use but refuses to fix the problem. That is fraud! The only service I get from them is LIP SERVICE in the form of lies. I only wish there was another option in my area. Currently I have no service yet I am paid up for another two months. They refuse a refund of any type. I will ride out my two months but I won't pay them another cent unless this mess is corrected.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I was charged for a security system for over a year after I canceled the service and turned in my equipment. Comcast states that they can only credit my account for 3 months but they have been charging me since April 2017. They are thieves and they will steal your money. I should have never left Verizon wireless. You get what you pay for. Comcast does not care about their customers!

Xfinity Home expert review by Ben Mannes

Get a system for $29.95. Choose free self-install or professional installation for $99. Systems have automation options on 2-year contracts, with a limited warranty that renews after each month of service. You can use your existing equipment with your new system.

• Bundle option: Comcast customers can enjoy a discount by bundling their XFINITY Home system with TV and Internet services.

• Compatible with old equipment: XFINITY can upgrade your existing equipment, including door and window sensors, control panel and wiring, so you don’t need to worry about installing brand new equipment.

• Home automation: Homeowners can add on the XFINITY Home Control package to their security package to enjoy remote thermostat, lighting and appliance control. The system can be self-installed or professionally installed for an additional cost.

• Customizable: Homeowners can choose from different base package options and then add different devices for a completely customizable home security and automation system.

• Control from your TV: You can control your XFINITY Home system straight from your TV with the X1 Entertainment Operating System.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
    Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Xfinity Home Company Information