Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.67/5

Xfinity Home Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

What I like about Xfinity internet

-No deposit required with autopay ($1.00 credit).
      -If you have your own cable modem can install it yourself with free starter kit or if you already have a coax cable just have to call Comcast and activate the modem can't do this with Verizon!
      -Has more wifi hotspots 15 million... Verizon 5,700.
      -Online bill is easy to understand.

-24/7 online customer service (some say bad customer service).

Original review: July 29, 2019

Overall, Xfinity Home service is good. Operation of the security service through the app is very convenient. Having the service as part of a bundle package can have a downside due to an outage from one of the other services. I have to contact the home service separate to reset the service. Updates to the service are done automatically which is good.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I do like my Xfinity Home security service. I like the keypad by the door and how I can set it when I leave and when I go to bed each night. I'm glad I've never had an intruder but I know if I did I could count on Xfinity Home security service to keep me safe and send the authorities in a hurried manner.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I would say I haven't had the service since November of 2016 because I am staying with others. Xfinity had great service, but like I've ALWAYS say unless you have back up battery system in your security it doesn't do any good if power goes out!! The monitor screen I kept in my room was delayed, so intruders could of been upstairs but would appear to be downstairs still. They're great when it comes to repairing and answering questions!! ALWAYS came out on call!!! No battery BACK up!! And monitor were downfall but I was so happy with xfinity service and equipment etc. They made everything ok!!! Maybe they've changed that by now. And that makes it a great service.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was supplied alarm pads, door sensors and a camera. I especially like checking on my home while I’m out for the day. I’ve had no problems with false alarms. The one time my alarm went off the police were there in 5 minutes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

After promotional pricing ended, the CS agent in the Pompano Store gave us no option but to cut the cord. Our bill went up over $30 a month. His demeanor was polite but kept his eyes on tbe keyboard and told us to call the 1-800 number. Long time customers are not important from the experience we had. When we returned the equipment to close the account, Pompano Store agent Isandra (courteous and professional) offered us a monthly price that beat the original promo but too little, too late. Too bad we didn't have her as our original agent. Much happier with our new service although we would have stayed with Xfinity if the rate had not increased so drastically.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Would not recommend anyone to this service. It does not work when you are 5 feet away. Absolutely ridiculous. I can get better signal from a hotspot than this company. I have had nothing but trouble and bad connections since having them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

Based on my experience, Xfinity is a company that can't be trusted. I recently repatriated from Asia, where everything related to technology is significantly more advanced. I work remotely sometimes and back up data to the cloud so UPLOAD speed is critically important for my use. I tried to perform due diligence on the different internet offerings and detailed specifications of each. The Xfinity website provides almost no information about upload speeds - only download speeds are advertised for each package.

I contacted Xfinity support and asked for a breakdown of upload speeds for each package available in my area. She insisted on going through her standard "criteria walkthrough" with me but eventually caved and indulged me by asking what upload speed I needed. I told her no less than 25mbps and she proceeded to list the packages that had DOWNLOAD speeds greater than 25mbps. She never acknowledged that she was not addressing my question and instead started her hard sell - sending the link to me and pushing me to signup while on the line with her.

I did some further due diligence after this call. Obscured within the Xfinity website is a link to their "Network Management" (www.xfinity.com/networkmanagement) page where they publish data necessary to comply with the FCC. I learned that Xfinity apportions their network capacity at about 95% download and 5% upload.

Easiest way to explain this concept is to think of road that is 4 lanes across. Since the number of lanes is fixed, the the cable companies assign 3 lanes for download and 1 for upload. All cable internet providers do this, particularly because cable is 50 years old and was not designed for the amount of data traffic currently, but Xfinity's ratio actually makes most of their packages virtually useless for anyone using nanny/security cams, video chatting, streaming gameplay, subscribing to cloud data backup, remote work arrangements, and online content creation. What is egregious is how Xfinity hides this information because they know a significant and growing number of users use the internet for the above actions.

So, armed with this information, I reached back out to Xfinity. I specifically sent the link to the Network Management page on the Xfinity website and challenged the upload speeds. The agent looked at the page and compared with my address and the plans available in my area. Her response - "As of January 7 the plans have been upgraded in your neighborhood." She said the plans are now fully symmetrical (upload and download speeds are identical) so if I needed 25mbps upload the 25mbps plan would achieve this. Unconvinced, I challenged her and she further illustrated that the speeds of the plans in my area didn't match what was on the Network Management page. I knew that under the new cable modem standard (DOCSIS3.1) upload speeds of 1600mbps were possible and Xfinity is under pressure from Fiber providers so At this point, she sounded pretty credible. I signed up for 100mbps.

Two days later, service is activated. I run the speed test...90mbps down, 5mbps up. I contacted Xfinity and explained what happened and what I was promised. The first agent, clearly realizing this wouldn't be a simple "restart your modem" call transferred me to billing. They kept apologizing that I was misled and that they would investigate and make sure feedback was given to the sales staff but the only solution they offered was for me to pay more to get a package upgrade. They refused to provide any discount or credit. Even more absurd is that the upgrade packages he offered didn't even match what was available when I was logged into their website and he couldn't explain the difference. I had to explain the irony to him - here he was saying the other agent misled me and at the same time he is trying to sell me something that conflicts Xfinity's own website.

At one point, the agent offered to include 30 days of free streaming if I upgraded (at full price). This really infuriated me because I suspected, and confirmed with the agent, that this "offer" would automatically start billing me extra if I didn't cancel within 30 days! His supervisor came on to try and resolve the situation but offered no help. She explained that no Xfinity service offers 100mbps upload speed so I was clearly wrong. To this I reminded her that current technologies easily support the speed I was promised when signing up. I asked her how I could know Xfinity was a terrible, cheap company that never invested in its infrastructure. She then wanted to pass me to another department but after 2 hours I was exhausted.

Here is a summary:
        - Xfinity hides their full service details because it is terrible (even the Xfinity speed test site defaults to hiding upload speed and latency).
        - The sales agent lied to me about the service I would receive.
        - They said "sorry" but refused to do anything to rectify.

- They actually tried to sell me upgrades so I could receive the service I was previously promised!

I realize options may be limited for people - that was my challenge and the only reason I considered Xfinity in the first place. If you have any other options I strongly urge you to explore them. Fortunately, I have the peace of mind that Xfinity will be out of business in 5 years because they won't be able to compete with Fiber and 5G.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

No stars if possible. An absolute joke. Talked with 5 different agents over two weeks. Every single one tried the exact same things as the first agent which did not work. I kept telling the other agents everything that had been tried, but they wouldn't hear it. It is like they have a list of five things to try, and if that doesn't resolve it, they don't know what to do. The next thing they do is open a customer support case for you and you wait three days (THREE DAYS!!!) for a "smarter" agent to call you. When they do, they take you through the exact same troubleshooting attempts as the other agents.

After they are flummoxed, they say that their engineering team will contact you, or you can call them directly. When you call the number, you get a computer that will not let you connect with a real person. And guess what? The computer suggest that you reset your system again the same as the agents did. I finally gave up when the last agent asked me to unplug my flex box--which had already tried four times--and told her I was going out to buy a Roku. And I did.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

As a consumer and citizen of the US my experience with customer service related entities is over 35 years in all types of markets. Xfinity's customer service model, lack of training, lack of center of excellence and hiring cheap, negligible labor for customer service is deplorable and void of the very nature of its business. SHAME ON YOU! The markets will change and you will lose shares to competitors who are well aware the monopoly and inexcusable disregard for your customers. All Mexican and Philippine representatives should be terminated.

Protect your property with a home alarm

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home security system for you.

Xfinity Home expert review by Ben Mannes

Customized home security systems start at $24.99/month with a two-year contract. Add video recording to your plan for an additional $9.95 per month. Comcast customers can enjoy a discount by bundling their Xfinity Home system with TV and internet services.

• Customizable security: Choose from different base package options and add devices for a completely customized home security and automation system.

• Home security equipment: Packages include a touchscreen controller, wireless keypad, mobile security app, door and window sensors, motion sensor and battery backup. Indoor and outdoor cameras and additional sensors are available for a fee.

• Home automation: Homeowners can add on the Xfinity Home Control package to their security package to enjoy remote thermostat, lighting and appliance control. You can control your Xfinity Home system straight from your TV with the X1 Entertainment Operating System.

• Installation options: Home security systems are self-installed or professionally installed for an additional cost.

• Upgrade old security systems: Xfinity can upgrade your existing equipment, including door and window sensors, control panel and wiring, so you don’t need to worry about installing brand new components.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Xfinity Home Company Information