Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.57/5

Xfinity Home security plans are great for those who want 24/7 monitoring and real-time alerts about home events. The system also gives you control of your smart devices with Xfinity Home automation. While these systems and monitoring plans are adaptable to any home security preference, Xfinity Home is an ideal service for tech-savvy consumers.

BOTTOM LINE

Xfinity Home devices are easy to set up. Systems include high-tech automation features and real-time monitoring. Some customers complain about Xfinity customer service, so keep this in mind when shopping home security providers.

PROS

• Custom equipment packages
  • Money-back guarantee
  • Easy-to-use devices

CONS

• Limited availability

Top Xfinity Home Reviews

I do like my Xfinity Home security service. I like the keypad by the door and how I can set it when I leave and when I go to bed each night. I'm glad I've never had an intruder but I know if I did I could count on Xfinity Home security service.

They offered a really good deal signing up and good deal on additional equipment. ... They also allowed for payment options to pay for the equipment and installation over the course of 4 or months.

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

What is Xfinity Home?

Xfinity Home is a home security provider that offers customizable systems with 24/7 monitoring service. With an Xfinity alarm system, you can choose from equipment packages or shop a la carte to design the perfect security system for your home. Xfinity alarm systems are easy to set up and use, and the company provides professional assistance with your new devices.

How does Xfinity Home security work?

Xfinity Home uses a collection of smart devices to monitor your home’s entrances and exits for security concerns. These devices include cameras, motion sensors, entry keypads, door/window sensors and smoke detectors, all of which are controlled from a touch-screen controller or your Xfinity Home app. Xfinity Home’s professionals install your chosen devices and guide you through a tutorial to help you learn the ins and outs of your new home security system.

Xfinity Home security monitoring doesn't require a contract, but you may lock into payments for up to 24 months or until the balance is paid in full if you purchase your equipment on a payment plan.

Xfinity Home security plans

Xfinity Home offers two security plans, both of which feature professional monitoring services and live video playback from your indoor/outdoor camera. Each plan includes different features and perks that allow you to customize your home security subscription to your home.

• Home Security Plan: The Xfinity Home Security Plan includes 24/7 professional monitoring with real-time alerts and live video streaming as well as smart home control. If your home Wi-Fi is disconnected, the system uses a backup cellular network to alert you or the authorities. You control your account and security devices from the Xfinity Home app, and you can watch your cameras from your TV with a cable subscription. This plan costs $40 a month and does not require a contract.
  • Home Security Plus Plan: This tier includes everything from the Home Security Plan and adds 24/7 motion-activated video recording. The Xfinity AI differentiates between people, vehicles and pets to ensure you’re getting the most relevant alerts. This plan costs $50 a month and does not require term agreements.

Xfinity Home security cost

Xfinity Home security systems start at between $15 and $20 per month, plus taxes. Xfinity Home offers three prebuilt equipment packages or the option to purchase additional devices individually. These equipment packages are purchased with a one-time payment or with a payment plan of up to 24 months.

• Base Home System: The Base Home System package costs $15 per month for 24 months or a flat fee of $360. The basic starter package includes a touch-screen controller, three door/window sensors, one motion sensor and a yard sign. These devices include a battery and cellular system backup in case your home loses power or Wi-Fi. This package is ideal for smaller homes with up to two entrances.
  • Complete Home System: This package costs $20 per month for 24 months or an upfront charge of $480. The Complete Home System is a good option for larger homes with multiple doors and windows. This package includes a touch-screen controller, five door/window sensors, one motion sensor, one wireless keypad and one indoor/outdoor camera. As with the other packages, the Complete Home System also includes cellular backup, a yard sign and access to the Xfinity Home app.

Xfinity home security equipment cost

In addition to its standard equipment packages, Xfinity Home also offers a la carte devices. You can purchase additional sensors and cameras or upgrade your home with its selection of smart devices. Xfinity Home is also compatible with select third-party smart devices that control lighting, locks, thermostats and more.

Indoor/outdoor camera
The camera costs $120, and you can purchase 24/7 video recording for an additional $10 per month. The Xfinity indoor/outdoor camera offers clear high-definition video, even at night. It’s weather-resistant and can be professionally installed or self-installed. With the Xfinity Home app, you can watch live video from any of your devices to remotely monitor your home.
Zen Thermostat
The Zen Thermostat costs $120 and can be installed by the homeowner or a professional. This smart thermostat puts temperature control right at your fingertips no matter where you are. The device is controlled and programmed from its sleek LED touch display or with the Xfinity Home app.
Motion sensor
Additional motion sensors cost $40 and must be installed by a professional. An Xfinity motion sensor covers up to 50 feet to detect unexpected motion while the system is armed. This small device discreetly mounts in the corner of the room and sends alerts or turns on smart lighting if motion is detected. The sensor is pet-friendly and isn’t triggered by animals up to 85 pounds.
Door/window sensor
Extra sensors are $20 each and require professional installation. These small devices are mounted at the top of the doorway or the edge of the window, and they send you alerts if your home’s entry points are opened or left ajar.
Wireless keypad
It costs an additional $40 to add a keypad to your Base Home System. The wireless Xfinity keypad disarms the security system using your personal access code. Simply place this keypad near your entryway to arm or disarm your system as you come and go.
Outlet controller
Make the transition to a smart home for only $50 per outlet. Want to turn your lights or devices on with the press of a button? The Xfinity outlet controller allows you to do that and more. You set schedules to automatically control lights, coffee makers, televisions and anything else you plug into an outlet.
Smoke detector
Xfinity does not include these detectors with Xfinity Home packages, but you can purchase them for $70. A smoke detector from Xfinity Home keeps your home safe 24/7 with professional monitoring and real-time alerts. Keep in mind that a professional technician must install the smoke detector.

Xfinity Home FAQ

How much does Xfinity Home security cost per month?
Xfinity Home security monitoring plans cost $40 to $50 per month. If you choose a 24-month payment plan for your equipment, your monthly cost may be $15 to $25 higher.
Where is Xfinity Home security available?
Xfinity Home is only available in select ZIP codes, but its service area spans across 40 states. Use its online tool to check for availability in your area.
Do I have to install Xfinity Home security equipment myself?
You can install Xfinity indoor/outdoor cameras on your own, but sensors and smoke detectors must be installed by a professional.

Fortunately, Xfinity Home provides expert installation with convenient scheduling and customized recommendations. You can schedule an appointment within a guaranteed two-hour window to have an Xfinity technician complete a home assessment to find the best system for you.

Once you select an equipment package, they complete the installation and walk you through a tutorial to acquaint you with your new security system.

What cameras work with Xfinity Home?
Xfinity Home security monitoring only works with its camera brands. You can purchase an Xfinity indoor/outdoor camera for $120.
What comes with Xfinity Home security?
Depending on the subscription you choose, your Xfinity Home security plan may come with professional monitoring, real-time alerts, live video feeds, video recording, cellular system backup and app control. These subscription plans range from $40 to $50 per month.
Can Xfinity Home use ADT equipment?
No, Xfinity Home monitoring plans are only compatible with Xfinity equipment.
Is Ring compatible with Xfinity Home?
Ring devices are not compatible with Xfinity Home. You can purchase compatible equipment directly from Xfinity.
Does Xfinity equipment come with a warranty?
Xfinity equipment comes with a limited warranty that lasts for 30 days from the date of installation. The warranty covers defects in the equipment or the workmanship of the Xfinity technician. This warranty only covers the original purchaser of the equipment.
What is Xfinity Home’s return policy?
Xfinity offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on its home security services and equipment. Contact Xfinity Home for more information on how to return or uninstall any purchased equipment.

Is Xfinity home security worth it?

If you're in the market for an ultra-smart home security system, Xfinity Home is an excellent choice. Xfinity Home offers advanced smart devices that allow you to monitor your home 24/7, even when you’re away. Xfinity plans are ideal for those who are tech-focused and looking to convert to a smart home experience. Its devices and features are often highly rated, but consumers sometimes have complaints about Xfinity Home’s customer service. Read reviews in your area to determine if Xfinity Home is right for you.

Xfinity Home Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

What I like about Xfinity internet

-No deposit required with autopay ($1.00 credit).
-If you have your own cable modem can install it yourself with free starter kit or if you already have a coax cable just have to call Comcast and activate the modem can't do this with Verizon!
-Has more wifi hotspots 15 million... Verizon 5,700.
-Online bill is easy to understand.

-24/7 online customer service (some say bad customer service).

Original review: July 29, 2019

Overall, Xfinity Home service is good. Operation of the security service through the app is very convenient. Having the service as part of a bundle package can have a downside due to an outage from one of the other services. I have to contact the home service separate to reset the service. Updates to the service are done automatically which is good.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I do like my Xfinity Home security service. I like the keypad by the door and how I can set it when I leave and when I go to bed each night. I'm glad I've never had an intruder but I know if I did I could count on Xfinity Home security service to keep me safe and send the authorities in a hurried manner.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I would say I haven't had the service since November of 2016 because I am staying with others. Xfinity had great service, but like I've ALWAYS say unless you have back up battery system in your security it doesn't do any good if power goes out!! The monitor screen I kept in my room was delayed, so intruders could of been upstairs but would appear to be downstairs still. They're great when it comes to repairing and answering questions!! ALWAYS came out on call!!! No battery BACK up!! And monitor were downfall but I was so happy with xfinity service and equipment etc. They made everything ok!!! Maybe they've changed that by now. And that makes it a great service.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was supplied alarm pads, door sensors and a camera. I especially like checking on my home while I’m out for the day. I’ve had no problems with false alarms. The one time my alarm went off the police were there in 5 minutes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?

Original review: March 14, 2020

I signed a contract because they tried to up my bill almost 3 times the previous charges and now I am moving where they do not offer service and they are charging me to cancel. This is out of my control and I had been a customer for many years. Where is the customer loyalty? They are just money hungry and not about providing customer service. Buyer beware.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

My cable box NEVER works, I have to reset every day. It is IMPOSSIBLE to speak to customer support for tech assistance, they only do automated phone. Prices keep going up & service goes down. CANNOT RECOMMEND. I hope you have alternate choices.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

My work VPN will not work with the Xfinity router. I followed the limited directions on the website and it still wouldn't work. It works everywhere else including coffee shops and a home with Charter Communications so I knew it was Xfinity router that was blocking it. When I called all the gal could do was read from the same screen posted on their website. She could not talk to me like a normal person or hear what I was saying. I have been with Xfinity for years...first as Comcast and their service options have gone down and the bill up. I have nothing but the basic for TV now because I am not paying 160 month to have a zillion channels I never watch. Unlike Charter where you can pick a collection of channels on their basic plan Xfinity does not give you this option. They are a Monopoly and the only provider in our area and it seems have blocked VPNs on their routers to add to their control. This company is one of the biggest rip offs.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

For less than stellar reliability and products, DISMAL customer service, you can expect annual rate increases of ridiculous amounts. Mine average about a whopping 30% each year. No sense in signing up for an introductory rate unless you are willing to change services when it's up. While other carriers I've worked with incorporate modest increases that hover more closely to the 1.5% (ish) inflation rate, Xfinity has no problem inducing post-holiday sticker shock stroke to all its customers. Each year. Can such carriers really increase their rates by whatever ridiculous amount they want?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I begged for service for a full year. I never received internet service over 40MPS of internet speed. Supervisors would not call back. Techs would no longer show up making excuses that we were not home. Both my wife and I work from home, so that's a joke!. This was an endless cycle of broken promises. Now they are trying to collect an early termination fee and threatening to send me to collections because they could not provide the service I paid for! This review is just the beginning. I was warned about them when I moved here and have had nothing but horrible service! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!

Xfinity Home Company Information