Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.36/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to make them feel safe.

BOTTOM LINE

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24/7 professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing the system yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

PROS

• Affordable monitoring
    • High-tech equipment options
    • Large selection of plans

CONS

• DIY installation

Top Frontpoint Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

We have had nothing but excellent response to alarms. They go all out to contact you, or your listed contacts to ensure you and your home are safe. We have been with Frontpoint since around 2008.

Frontpoint security was super easy to install and learn how to use. The price is right too. … We really like it and it gives us peace of mind. The videos are easy to access on my phone 24/7.

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

What is Frontpoint?

Frontpoint's home security plans include professional monitoring and integrated smart home technologies.

The Frontpoint hub and keypad act as the command center, and the control panels alert a monitoring center through built-in cellular communication. You can connect to Google Home or Alexa though the company's mobile app to monitor your system remotely.

Frontpoint's security monitoring plans start around $45 per month. Monitoring costs vary based on the type of property (house, apartment or business), square footage and number of exterior doors. Monitoring plans include live video streaming, motion-triggered alerts and smart lock control.

How much does Frontpoint cost?

Frontpoint offers a selection of prebuilt packages at price points to fit a variety of budgets.

Safe Home Everyday ($99)
      The Safe home Everyday package costs $99 plus monthly monitoring fees. For homes with more windows and doors to protect, Safe Home Everyday offers more sensors than the Safe Home Starter package.
      • Three window/door sensors
      Safe Home Plus ($319.94)
      The Safe Home Plus package costs $319.94 plus monthly monitoring fees. Safe Home Plus is designed for homes with children or pets and offers many of the same benefits of the Safe Home Everyday package with additional protection.
      • Three window/door sensors
      • Two glass break sensors
      • One door sticker
      Safe Home Select ($383.92)
      The Frontpoint Safe Home Select security system costs $383.92 plus monthly monitoring. This system provides home intrusion safeguards plus free environmental protection. Frontpoint’s smoke and heat sensor detects trace amounts of smoke or heat. The package includes:
      • Four window/door sensors
      • One glass break sensor
      • One smoke and heat sensor
      • One door sticker
      Safe Home Preferred ($479.90)
      The Safe Home Preferred package costs $479.90 plus monthly monitoring. This is Frontpoint’s most complete system package and includes upgraded features like indoor cameras with two-way talk to help you see and hear your home even when you’re not there.
      • Five window/door sensors
      • One glass break sensor
      • One smoke and heat sensor
      • One indoor camera

Frontpoint security equipment

Frontpoint’s Build-Your-Own option lets you design the right protection package for your home. You can mix and match equipment if your home is unusually large or you have more specific needs than what’s offered with Frontpoint security packages. Some of Frontpoint’s most popular security equipment include:

• Frontpoint hub and keypad: On its own, this piece of equipment costs $249.99. Every Frontpoint system uses the hub and keypad. The hub is the command center for the entire system, and the keypad works in tandem to make sure things are safe and secure when you leave home.
      • Door/window sensor: Door/window sensors are $19.99 per sensor. These are small sensors that attach to openings in your home, such as doors, windows or cabinets.
      • Motion sensor: Frontpoint motion sensors cost $29.99 each. The technology can tell the difference between animals and people, which lets you limit your false alarms.
      • Smart door lock: Frontpoint’s smart door lock is $149.99. Its technology can easily be integrated with other Frontpoint systems.
      • Doorbell security camera: For $149.99, Frontpoint’s doorbell security camera gives you real-time access to your front door at all times. It offers two-way talk audio, one-way video footage and free video cloud storage so you can capture and document issues when they arise.
      • Keychain remote: Frontpoint’s keychain remote is $19.99. Frontpoint’s keychain remote can arm, disarm and control lights within 100 feet of the security hub.
      • Environmental sensors: Frontpoint offers three different environmental sensors. The smoke and heat sensor ($44.99) detects faint amounts of smoke and fire more efficiently than a traditional alarm. Frontpoint’s flood sensors ($24.99) notify you of leaks to help prevent expensive water damage. The carbon monoxide detector ($69.99) also alerts Frontpoint’s monitoring staff if triggered.

Frontpoint Security FAQ

Do you have to install Frontpoint yourself?
      Yes, you have to install Frontpoint yourself. Security equipment devices come preprogrammed to make setup and utilization easier. Each product includes instructions for installation. Frontpoint also posts videos on its website with visual directions.

Even though Frontpoint tries to make it as easy as possible, some consumers still find the installation process difficult or confusing. If consumers have any issues installing a system, they should reach out to Frontpoint customer service for guidance.

Can I use Frontpoint without monitoring?
      Not really. You can’t get Frontpoint without a monitoring contract, and Frontpoint equipment only works with the monitoring app.
      Does Frontpoint have outdoor cameras?
      Yes, Frontpoint sells outdoor cameras for $167.50. They include nighttime vision with infrared technology.
      How much does Frontpoint cost per month?
      Frontpoint monitoring starts at $44.99 per month. On the lower end, Frontpoint’s monitoring plan includes 24/7 professional monitoring, automated system checks, mobile alerts and monitoring. For a higher price, you can get features like live streaming, night vision, light and smart lock control and motion-triggered alerts.
      What is Frontpoint’s return policy?
      Frontpoint has a 30-day risk-free trial period. During this time, customers can install the system in their homes and try it to see if it fits their lifestyle. Within 30 days, customers can return the system using free shipping for a full refund.

Is Frontpoint a good security system?

Frontpoint could be a smart option for customers who don’t mind DIY system installation. What sets Frontpoint apart is its state-of-the-art equipment that’s also easy to use. It also offers a variety of plans and lets you build your system to ensure you receive customized coverage that fits your home. The company claims its teams respond up to 120 times faster than other alarm systems.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: March 13, 2020

A lot of these reviews mention contracts and Frontpoint does offer contracts but you get certain discounts for agreeing to them. Their equipment is super reliable and anything that breaks they fix quickly, for me it’s only been the panel and one sensor over my last 8 years as a customer. They sent the new panel overnight and the door sensor with FedEx ground. Both were free of charge and they gave me a prepaid label to send the old items back.

The complaints about the contract are ridiculous, you signed it and took your discount but now you want out for no good reason. Please. Stop trying to ruin a great company's reputation with these overblown exaggerated complaints. You probably refused to let them help fix the issue and/or just decided to not have security so you complained online hoping they would fold. You’re the problem, they’re a phenomenal company. I’ve been with a dozen other security companies and never had such a great experience as I’ve had with Frontpoint. If you’re reading this and having second thoughts spend a little more upfront and do the month to month deal. You can always upgrade to a contract later and get your discounts. You won’t be dissatisfied.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Frontpoint security was super easy to install and learn how to use. The price is right too. I own a physical medicine clinic and we put up cameras in all the public places to keep an eye on things just Incase anything weird happens. We really like it and it gives us peace of mind. The videos are easy to access on my phone 24/7. It’s already helped us a lot with issues that we would have had no control over had we not had the system in place. I highly recommend it. The cameras are magnetized so they just pop right on and off for easy charging. We thought the charging part might get old but but they run 24/7 and we just take them down once a week and they quickly charge and then we pop them right back up. We put small pieces of tape on the back of the cameras to label which ones go where. It’s so simple and we love them. Great purchase.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I have been a Frontpoint customer since 2011. Moved 2 times and moved system with me. If an older sensor needs a battery change, they will replace the sensor. Some old sensors are impossible to replace batteries. Customer service and technical support have been exception and I have recommended Frontpoint to friends many times. Technology is solid. Products cover security and automation/ Customer service services the customers. Long standing satisfied customer who has added products since original contract. The one stop for wireless security!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

After researching various home security systems, I chose Frontpoint for their reputation, excellent product & great customer service. Installation was easy & reps were very patient w/ me when I made multiple calls w/ questions. They took as much time as I needed to walk me through the process and I got through right away when calling every time. I am very happy with Frontpoint and feel safer knowing I have the best system. Just an FYI--regarding previous reviews--when cancelling a contract, you will need to 'buy out' of that contract. That is typical of most companies (cell phone, etc.). Frontpoint disclosed that to me upfront. I asked a LOT of questions and found the company very transparent in their business practices. No surprises - just a happy customer. :)

Original review: July 17, 2019

Frontpoint has been great. We have had false alarms and they call to confirm everything is ok. They are always there when we have had technical issues, such as a dead battery or a dirty sensor. All it takes is a phone call.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Did not use the system. Tried to call to cancel the contract, was not able to cancel because the cancellation fee is the same as the remaining balance. After one year contract, still get auto charged every month. Think carefully to get into a contract that you won't be able to cancel even if you don't use the service!

Original review: June 26, 2020

I set up the 'equipment' and within a month they fell off the walls. I live in FL where one, it's hot and two, we don't have smooth door frames. It's not the style down here so it was a nightmare from the start! A lot of the sensors did not line up properly and wouldn't chime when I left or enter. So they want to send me replacement stickers and all this other nonsense which is a joke. So I decided that this wasn't for me. Went to cancel. They're talking about I have 20+ months left on my contract... That's funny, since I can't recall signing up for any contract with a company who can't even report it to my credit company. Then they tell me I need to either transfer the service to someone else or pay $400 to cancel the contract plus I have to give them notice like 30 days notice before I cancel.

That's even more funny.. So I canceled my bank account and got a new one and now they call my phone every day once or twice a day but that's okay. I have them BLOCKED on every number. LISTEN, THIS IS AMERICA. I REFUSE TO PAY FOR A SCAM SERVICE I AM NOT USING WHO DO NOT HURT MY CREDIT! This company is a SCAM HARASSER company and nothing more. Go get a RING.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Horrible experience with Frontpoint. Our equipment went out and they knew about it, but didn't notify us. Everything seemed to be working on our end. Later they cancelled our service without telling us and kept taking payments for a year! We only found out when we went to change our serve. We've been without service for most of the time - and billed for it. Setup is easy, but it seems like the company is run by crooks! Run away!

Original review: June 1, 2020

The key pad stopped working 4 times and replaced twice. When key pad does not work the alarm system cannot be shut off by the pad. As a result the alarm goes off. I was told that the key pad is fine and had to be reset. This should not be needed with any frequency (4X in 18 months). We had 2 false alarms notices with the police dept. The alarm can be stopped by the app but everyone that uses the alarm needs to be educated on using the app, which is not likely. Service is slow, they are busy and cannot take your call without a long wait. You can be placed on a callback, which the last time took 22 minutes. I requested a supervisor which is expected to take 24 hours. This last issue did not generate a call from the monitoring station. If you expect good service, this is not the place. Investigate before you buy.

Original review: May 31, 2020

STAY AWAY GUYS!! I would rate this as one of the worst experience I ever had dealing with customer service. When the rep call you and tell you the details they will purposefully hide the fact that there is 3 YEAR CONTRACT and I cannot just blame them. I SHOULD have read the FINE prints. Anyways, after the first 3 months, the app is gone where you can arm and disarm your home if you are not at home. I called and they said you have to upgrade to a 50 plus plan to get an app and remember I am paying 34.99 a month.

During that conversation I figured out I have a 3 year contract and in order to cancel the service, I have to pay 80% of the remaining months. SERIOUSLY, in 2020 you have to pay 50$ plus a month to get an app and what you get is absolutely not worth the your valuable money. Customer service is terrible, you leave your call back number and will NEVER get a call back. "There is zero calls ahead of you" if you hear this message, your call will be answered in 15 to 30 mins.

Frontpoint author review by Ben Mannes

Frontpoint’s wireless smart home security pricing starts at $34.99 a month with no contract required. With Frontpoint, you purchase your system outright. The upfront cost could be a few hundred dollars once you add extra sensors, remotes and other accessories.

• Security equipment: Packages include a control panel or base hub, a keypad, two window and door sensors, a motion sensor, a yard sign, window decals and door stickers. Glass-break sensors, smoke and heat sensors, indoor cameras and doorbell cameras are also available. Systems include sensors with crash-and-smash technology and fire alerts.

• Security features: Frontpoint's mobile apps let you access your security system and control your home from anywhere you have an internet connection with a computer or smartphone.

• Monitoring services: Interactive and Ultimate security plans include 24/7 professional monitoring services.

• Installation: All equipment is designed to be installed by the customer. Frontpoint's wireless sensors are easy to set up and require no hard wiring, which means the system can be moved to a new address with little effort.

• Trial period: Frontpoint doesn’t offer a free trial period. However, products include a three-year warranty.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Frontpoint Company Information