Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.00/5
Based on 1,085 ratings submitted in the last year
Free doorbell camera with a minimum purchase of a new security system! *
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

BOTTOM LINE

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

PROS

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

CONS

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Top Frontpoint Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

… I’ve been with a dozen other security companies and never had such a great experience as I’ve had with Frontpoint. If you’re reading this and having second thoughts spend a little more upfront and do the month to month deal. You can always upgrade to a contract later and get your discounts…

Frontpoint security was super easy to install and learn how to use. The price is right too. I own a physical medicine clinic and we put up cameras in all the public places to keep an eye on things just Incase anything weird happens. We really like it and it gives us peace of mind…

Frontpoint Call Now Toll Free (833) 419-5396 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

What is Frontpoint?

Frontpoint is a home security company that offers wireless systems with integrated smart home technologies. The Frontpoint Hub and Keypad act as the system’s command center, with cellular connection to 24/7 professional monitoring. You can control a Frontpoint system using the company app, Google Home or Alexa. The company gives customers the option to choose one of its home security packages or design their own system with add-ons like cameras and sensors. Each system comes with a 30-day, risk-free trial.

Frontpoint security costs

At the time of publishing, Frontpoint security package pricing ranges from $99 to $479.90  Package options include Safe Home Starter, Safe Home Everyday, Safe Home Select and Safe Home Preferred. You can also build your own system. The company partners with Affirm to offer 0% APR financing to those who qualify. Monitoring costs start around $44 per month with the Interactive Plan.

Frontpoint security packages

All Frontpoint alarm packages come with the central Hub and Keypad, at least two door and window sensors, at least one motion sensor, a set of window decals, a yard sign and door stickers.

Safe Home StarterSafe Home EverydaySafe Home SelectSafe Home Preferred

Safe Home Everyday$295.9423
Safe Home Select$383.9224
Safe Home Preferred$479.9025

Frontpoint monitoring costs

Customers can select from two Frontpoint monitoring plans: the Interactive Plan for around $44 per month, or the Ultimate Plan, which costs about $49 per month. Both plans come with crash and smash protection, automated system checks, remote access and control, mobile alerts and unique user codes. The Ultimate Plan also includes motion-triggered alerts, light control, live video streaming and smart lock control.

Frontpoint security equipment

Frontpoint’s build-your-own option lets you design the right protection package for your home. You can mix and match equipment if you have more specific needs than what’s offered with Frontpoint security packages. In addition to sensors and indoor cameras, Frontpoint has a variety of popular security equipment add-ons.

frontpoint smart door lock
Smart Door Lock
  • Free cloud video storage
  • Bank-grade encryption
  • $119.99*
frontpoint wireless light control
Wireless Light Control
  • Control with system and mobile app
  • Works with lamps and small appliances
  • $39.99*
frontpoint doorbell camera
Doorbell Camera
  • Two-way audio and night vision
  • Comes with three-year warranty
  • $119.99*
frontpoint garage door tilt sensor
Garage Door Tilt Sensor
  • Built-in smart sensor
  • Sends real-time notifications
  • $19.99*

*As of publishing date.

Frontpoint Security FAQ

Do you have to install Frontpoint yourself?
Yes, you have to install Frontpoint yourself. Security equipment devices come preprogrammed to make setup and utilization easier. Each product includes instructions for installation. Frontpoint also posts videos on its website with visual directions.

Even though Frontpoint tries to make it as easy as possible, some consumers still find the installation process difficult or confusing. If you have any issues installing a system, reach out to Frontpoint customer service for guidance.

Can I use Frontpoint without monitoring?
Not really. You can’t get Frontpoint without a monitoring contract, and Frontpoint equipment only works with the monitoring app.
Does Frontpoint have outdoor cameras?
Yes, Frontpoint sells outdoor cameras for $135.99 as of the publishing date. They include nighttime vision with infrared technology.
How much does Frontpoint cost per month?
Frontpoint monitoring starts at $44.99 per month. On the lower end, Frontpoint’s monitoring plan includes 24/7 professional monitoring, automated system checks, mobile alerts and monitoring. For a higher price, you can get features like live streaming, night vision, light and smart lock control and motion-triggered alerts.
What is Frontpoint’s return policy?
Frontpoint has a 30-day risk-free trial period. During this time, customers can install the system in their homes and try it to see if it fits their lifestyle. Within 30 days, customers can return the system using free shipping for a full refund.

Is Frontpoint security good?

Frontpoint provides a selection of prebuilt packages at price points to fit a variety of budgets. It can be a smart option for customers who don’t mind DIY system installation. You can select from packages or customize a system to make sure you have the right amount of protection for your property. The company claims its systems can save you up to 20% on homeowners insurance.

However, some dissatisfied customers described difficulty reaching Frontpoint customer service representatives. If you aren’t sure Frontpoint is right for you, compare Frontpoint vs. ADT or Simplisafe vs. Frontpoint.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

We had a break in and we didn't want it to happen again. We googled, did our research and Frontpoint was number one rated. We reached out to them and told the rep we were living in an apartment and we were interested in a security system. It was easy and swift. We installed everything ourselves. It was all do-it-yourself, but they had good instructions. I enjoyed the features as well. I liked that we got the camera. The only thing I don't like is that you can only have four cameras put on at one time. Since we're in an apartment, it's not that bad for us, but if you had a house, that wouldn't be enough.

Frontpoint should have it to where you can stream more than four cameras. If you had a big house, I don't think you'd be able to have the type of security you'd want with only four cameras. We have the doorbell camera and then we have two outdoor cameras. If somebody tried to break in through the back, we have cameras on the outside. We can only have one camera on the inside of the house though. We wanted to put one in the bedroom, but we couldn’t. Still, the system does everything it needs to do.

There are occasional instances wherein the app may move slower, may not work, may be down or something like that, but other than that, I don't have any complaints. It feels good knowing that Frontpoint is monitoring our house. There's a motion detection feature on the camera, so if somebody’s in front of my door I’ll know. If somebody’s trying to climb my balcony again, I’ll know before they even get up there. We definitely feel more secure. We also have the glass break sensor, so if they get in, there's no way I wouldn't know. That's what I like about it.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Frontpoint's customer service was top notch. They were extremely patient, extremely informative and always responsive. In the first call I had with someone, they answered tons of questions that I had about the system, how it works, and the technology. So, extremely patient, always responsive. If I had an issue or a need to walk through something, they would stay on the line with me as I walked through it. So, the initial set up and conversations were great. Any other questions I've had since then, customer service has been top-notch. I was having a home built in a different city where I was located. So I had my contractor, who was there, just place the devices and the sensors on the doors and windows. They were able to call Frontpoint during their process as well.

The system is really user-friendly. I love that I can access my system with my mobile. When I was using different systems in the past, we didn't have that. So from home I can set and disable my alarm with Frontpoint. I can also monitor if it is open and I can monitor my cameras. Like the other day, I was checking my system and I realized that there were a couple of sensors that were actually not getting monitored.

We called Frontpoint up and we checked every particular one to know which one wasn't on. They confirmed and right there on the phone, we enabled each one of them. So using, monitoring and resolving issues have been an easy work with the system. The one tiny thing that I would like for them to do was to develop a doorbell that was battery-powered as opposed to electric. Unfortunately, the house was a lake home right up in the mountains and we did not power the doorbell. So I have to use a different doorbell for that purpose and have two systems right now at home.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I'm not overly impressed with Frontpoint. Their equipment is not the best manufactured. It appears that when they send out smoke detectors, they are sealed and you can't change batteries in them so when they die, they die. They have a certain lifespan. I had one sent to me that was manufactured in 2014 and I've only been with them for a little over a year. I had another one sent to me recently that was manufactured in 2017. I've had one or two of these go bad already. One of those was not in service right away. The other one was put into service and went bad within a year. They took it back and gave me credit for it but I shouldn't have to be dealing with that. And one time, I had a faulty smoke detector at my staircase and it set off a whole round of my smoke detectors. Once I got rid of that, everything else was fine.

Also, the knowledge of some of the people that you speak to is not always up to snuff. They sold me a water flood detector to go down in my crawlspace, which I cannot get down into myself. In selling it to me, they did not inform me that once it goes off, it has to be manually reset. It's useless to me because it went off already and it's down in my crawlspace. It doesn't work now and I have to buy another one.

I have set my alarm off twice in the recent past while going out the front door. I don't normally do that. But the past couple of weeks, I've been slow getting out the front door. I forgot my house keys to lock up going out so I had to go back and get them. I managed to set the alarm off. Even though they see that someone's going out, I presumed that they would call and check what happened but they didn't.

I'm thinking of canceling the contract, even though it may cost me several $100 to do that because I have a contract. In fact, I was thinking of writing a letter to the Attorney General's office and trying to get something going that people shouldn't have to sign a contract for something so important as home security to change a plan because you lay a lot of money out for the equipment.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

In the beginning, The Frontpoint system was pretty confusing to set up. We had about nine doors and windows alarmed on our old house and part of the areas was downstairs. But the master bedroom we didn't have alarmed for the simple fact that it was way up off the ground. You would virtually have to have a ladder to get to any of the windows. Ground level, down where the family room and basement area would be, we had windows right at the ground, so that was a likely point. I had to go through with the techs to help get set it up.

The features of the system is great. You're able to set it for motion or you're able to have the peace of mind that you go to sleep at night, you could have the alarm set, or if you're gone, you can have it set for someone opening a window or breaking glass on a window to get in. We have a large dog and a cat, so one of the biggest concerns that we if they can trigger the alarm. But when this question was addressed, some people from Frontpoint that we talked to would say yes and some people would say no. So, from the aspect of product knowledge, they really weren't on the same page.

We sold our two-story home with five bedrooms and a three-car garage and we downsized to a one-story home. Then because of COVID, we can't travel and we don't go anywhere. The contract is three years long, which is way too long. So, my options are to pay the contract off, which now is like $1,000, or continue using and paying monthly for something that I don't use. My alarm system is not even hooked up. So, I'm in a contract that I can't get out of for something that I'm not utilizing. It's just a waste of money. I had called and talked to someone in account management about this and basically, I got a polite, "Tough." So, that was just the way it was. In all fairness, they did give us a 30-day grace period when we moved, which was great 'cause we didn't have to make a payment for 30 days. But if I had to do this all over again, I would never go with them.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I did the installation myself and spoke with somebody on the phone. They walked me through it. Everything so far with Frontpoint over the last couple years has been excellent. They answer the phone relatively quickly. They do their best to solve whatever issues we're having.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I like the ease of equipment and the price point of Frontpoint. They’ve had good customer support and they also answered all my questions. I recently had an issue with our console and I’m unaware of their updated equipment or options. So that would be something nice to understand. But it's been durable. We'd like to do some add-ons, but it seems expensive.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

There was a wired system installed in the house when we bought it. The more I learned in recent years about wireless systems, I decided that I would change to one, and Frontpoint seemed to have good reviews. The gentleman that installed was very patient with me, which I appreciated. We’ve had a couple of different occasions to call customer service. This last call was to replace the battery in the master control unit, and it was generally very good. We just added an indoor camera, which was also a nice feature. Last fall, I added a Ring doorbell, which isn't part of Frontpoint. Whenever somebody comes to the front door, or through a way, it notifies me. I love that feature from a security standpoint. And because people have packages being delivered to their house all the time now, it's really nice to have that feature. At the time, I didn't ask whether Frontpoint offered that service. If they don't have it, they should add it.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

We have had our system for more than 12 years and have experienced a horrible decline in service and equipment reliability in the last two-three years. We upgraded equipment (at our expense) thinking that would correct issues, it only got worse. Frequent false sensor failures, 90 minutes plus wait for support phone service, extremely limited online access to sensor and panel settings. We are afraid to arm the system which makes it worthless.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Installing our Frontpoint system was simple and since then, it's been great. I definitely feel much more secure being able to monitor while I'm at work. It's definitely peace of mind.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Frontpoint's security equipment has been very good and I've been quite happy with everything.

Frontpoint Company Information