toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Frontpoint

We're so happy to hear that your system worked exactly how you needed it to and that the burglar was caught! Thanks so much for sharing your story with us and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you going forward.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

My brother passed away and it wasn't two weeks later when word got around the neighborhood. The neighborhood has gone down through the years and two guys broke in the house. My sister went online, investigated home securities, and saw what the comments and ratings were on everyone. We liked Frontpoint's price and my sister signed up with them. I'm in Pooler which is out of Savannah and my sister is in Cornelia, Georgia which is four hours away and we're both on the call list. The guys who broke into the house wanted to go back for a second trip but by then I already had the Frontpoint security system there and it got them. They had priors, got indicted, and are in jail now. We've had a really good experience with Frontpoint and I do appreciate it. Everything's worked out great and the house is still whole just locked up with the security system.

Frontpoint

It's great to hear that your system is working exactly how you need it to! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and please let us know if you ever need anything in the future.

Original review: March 3, 2016

I've been with Frontpoint for two years. Installation of the system was surprisingly easy. I just read the instructions and did what it says. I didn't have any issues whatsoever. I use their app quite frequently. It's very nice when I'm out and use the app to make sure that the system is armed. I haven't received any alerts though. Maybe that's something that needs to be set up.

The Frontpoint people I've dealt with have been extremely professional, friendly, and easy to deal with when there were a couple of questions that I had about the system early on. I also had to call sometimes regarding my monthly payments, as their website doesn't offer a way to modify that and my credit card situation has changed. All in all, they've been very helpful, polite, and right on the ball.

With Frontpoint, there's a feeling that I have that once I'm in for the night and the system's armed, I don't have to worry. Thank God we haven't had any incidents, but having it's a comfort, especially now that I do travel quite a bit. Sometimes I'm gone a month at a time and it's nice to know that the system is secure, and I can monitor it from wherever I might be. Frontpoint just works.

Frontpoint

Chris, it makes us happy to hear that our Support Team was able to answer all of your questions. Thank you for the great rating and let us know if we can do anything for you in the future!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Our experience with Frontpoint has been good. We've had a problem with our panel not updating but they sent us a new one the next day. So, that was great. Its installation was easy and they would offer help if I needed it. Their reps were able answer every question that I had. I thought they were weird questions sometimes but they knew how to answer. It was nice having problems that they knew about and none that they didn't know about. We only use the app in arming and disarming the system, and it's nice being able to do that. My favorite part is the notifications. If I get so far away from the house, it'll tell me if I set the alarm or not. I really like that because I've never had a security system ever in my life, so it's hard to transition to remembering to set the alarm every single time.

Frontpoint

We're happy to hear that you were able to get your system moved to your new home without any problems! Thanks for sharing your experience and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you going forward.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I had a fine experience with Frontpoint. In fact, I wanted to call them and see about picking up more items for the house. I had ADT before but Frontpoint was a little bit more economical to establish initially. Installation was very easy, and their reps were friendly and helpful. I use their interactive feature on my phone and it works fine. It's extremely helpful and convenient. Also, we relocated to a new home and resetting the sensors went very well.

Frontpoint

We're happy to hear that your system is making you feel safer in your home! Thank you for the great rating and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My son bought Frontpoint and had it installed for us because we’ve been robbed and he didn’t like the idea that we didn’t have a security system anymore. I had questions when I got my device and the Frontpoint team was very helpful in answering. I feel much better and secure with their device installed and I’d recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Frontpoint

It's so great to hear that you are feeling safer with your Frontpoint system!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

We've had Frontpoint for less than a year, but ever since we got it, I feel very safe. Installation has been easy, too. Although we haven’t turned the security device on because the kids have been out of school for three weeks.

Frontpoint

Justine thank you for the 5 star rating and we're glad to hear your install went smoothly! As we want to make sure you are getting the full use of your system, we will have one of our Support Specialist reach out to you to discuss your concerns in more detail. Thank you again and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

We've been using Frontpoint for almost a year now and so far, our experience has been good other than the fact that we can’t use our interior sensors. I watched my husband install it and he didn’t seem to have too many issues with it even if he’s not very savvy with that stuff. Their reps have been friendly and were able to answer most of my questions. We did have an issue though with our system that nobody could really answer and it hasn’t been fixed but it’s okay. It’s not the end of the world. We arm or disarm the system on our phone and then we use the console at the front door. It’s super convenient because we often forget to arm it when we leave, so we can just do it wherever on the phone. However, one hiccup that we have was when I arm it from my phone in the “Stay” mode, sometimes it arms it in the “Away” mode and that turns our sensors on. Other than that, we’ve had a great experience.

Frontpoint

Glad to hear your system is working exactly how you need it to! Thank you for the great rating!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

We've been using Frontpoint for a year and the service is better than the other system we had before. We inherited the previous system when we bought the house and it had been installed years ago. So, it’s like a Model T Ford versus a modern day car, and it was totally different. The installation of the Frontpoint device didn’t take long and it was easy. We arm and disarm the system from our phone and it certainly makes things easy.

Frontpoint

Thank you for choosing us to protect your home and we are glad that we've been everything you've expected. Also, it's so great to hear that you've been taken of any time you've called in with our Support Team. We appreciate the great rating and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

The guys at Frontpoint are pretty easy going. When I've called, they actually took care of me. They bend over backwards to take care of the customer. I haven't really installed it yet because doing the installation myself is not my cup of tea. I found Frontpoint online and they had higher rating than what ADT was getting. Frontpoint gave me an indoor camera. I hooked it up for a while, and it has night vision and records which is nice to have. I got online and it works as far as getting online and looking in the house. They’re a topnotch company in my book.

But I couldn’t really leave the system on because the little dogs would set it off in the hallways. I got Frontpoint because of my dogs, to know that they are safe. I don’t care if people would steal anything in the house, but I don’t want them to kill my dogs. Frontpoint seems to work, because I watch a lot of movies and those shatter things really go off quite a bit. The glass shatter works because I got it right around the TV and when there's some loud noise, it will say, “Sensors going off.” But I never hooked it up because it has to be pretty close to the door. If I would install it, it’d probably be a great product.They're a very good company.

Frontpoint

Donny, we are glad to hear that the installation went easy for you and that smartphone app is making your system easier to use! Because we want to make sure you get the most out of your system we will have one of our Support Specialist reach out to assist you with you other concerns. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Frontpoint installation was very easy and their reps have been very good. We arm and disarm the system on the mobile which is convenient. When we were purchasing the system, we were told that anything less than 40 pounds shouldn't trigger anything. However, we've been getting some false alarms. I wish the product wouldn't have that because of police cars that have to pull up while we're away. And, we've gotten warnings about charges next time there'll be a false alarm. I'm a little bit less positive about the product itself but the customer support has been great.

Resolution In Progress

Frontpoint

Reno, thank you for your feedback. It is always our goal to make provide a system that is easy and simple for anyone, we understand that this wasn't your experience and hope you accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience you feel this may have caused. At this time, we see that you have spoke with one of our Support Supervisors regarding your concerns and are glad to see they've been addressed. Thank you again and feel free to let us know if you need anything in the future.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

First, this monitoring system is NOT for those who may be disabled/handicapped as I have found out. I have mobility issues and have in pain almost all the time. I experienced a great number of camera issues, again, being transferred from tech to tech is not my idea of a fun day. I do realize they were trying to help out however, I was being asked to do tasks that I am unable to perform, with that being said I had to return the camera since this is now not an option for me. Please think it through before making a decision into purchasing a monitoring system.

Frontpoint

Wow, welcome to the Frontpoint Family Robyn! We are always looking to give an industry leading customer service experience and we are so glad that your getting just that. Thank you for your recommendation and remember, if you need us, we're only one call away!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I hit the review websites and everybody said that Frontpoint's customer service was second to none. But they have exceeded our expectations as far as customer service goes. They were every bit as attentive and there for us. They walked us through the setup. Installation was super easy. The one time that our alarm went off they were lovely and wonderful and thank God it wasn’t anything. Our cat set off the motion detector, but they were great. We have recommended them and as a result, our neighbor got our system.

Frontpoint

We're glad to hear that everything is working exactly how you need it to! Let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I started with Frontpoint in January last year and the installation is good. It’s been there since then and the glue or tape they come with is pretty good. Lucky me, I never had to use it since I never had a situation in the house. Using automatic payments has always been the amount it is, no increase out of nowhere. Definitely, the first year was great.

Frontpoint

Ryan thank you for sharing your experience, it's great for us to hear that our Support Team has been able to assist you when you needed them the most. Thank you again and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

When I got Frontpoint, I tested and activated it, and there hasn’t been an issue. They’re a good company. There’s a lot of responsiveness from their people. People will call and follow-up and see how I'm doing and see what’s going on. I haven’t turned it on so they were checking why I'm paying but not using all the advantages. So, it’s less of an act of a company that just goes out to please people. They are dedicated to getting the stuff done right so far. But that said, I haven’t had any reason to challenge an alarm that doesn’t really get used. We live in a reasonably safe and secluded neighborhood. We haven’t been robbed. So, there’s been no real way to test if it works.

Frontpoint

It's great to see that you were able to get your system up and running in no time and that you are receiving those quick response times!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

So far, Frontpoint service has been fine. It was easy to set the system up. They were helpful when we had some questions. We have accidentally tripped the service a couple of times and they have been very responsive in reaching out to us quickly to make sure everything is okay.

Resolution In Progress

Frontpoint

Mark, thank you for sharing your experience with us. As our goal at Frontpoint is to always go above and beyond for our customers, we hope you accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience this has caused. Because we want to ensure that this does not occur again, we will be looking at this internally. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and let us know if you need anything in the future.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

After reviewing a large number of home alarm companies, I had decided to go with Frontpoint based on ratings and overwhelming, positive reviews. We were in the process of purchasing a new home and had ordered the system a few weeks from closing. I had asked the sales rep if this would be an issue. He confidently responded that this would not be an issue. He would set up a reminder to mail out the security system a few days prior to the closing. This didn't happen as I received an email while I was out of country traveling stating that the system had been delivered (2 weeks early). I had to email our realtor to make a special trip out to pick up the system on the front porch. Really, this was no big issue more than just inconvenient...

The next part is the part we are frustrated with. I was told that the way to go was with glass breakage units in the home. This sounded very reasonable. I even sent the sales rep photos of the layout of the home to get the right amount of monitors. He assured me that two would be sufficient. Alas, we would actually need eight to cover all the areas in the home since the glass breakage monitor only covers about 20 ft (line of sight) for the covered area. After reviewing the increased costs, I made the decision to change up to motion detectors as I could do the same thing with only three.

I shipped the glass breakage sensors back and received the new motion detectors. I had surveyed the areas that we would need them in and placed the first one at about eight feet up and had my wife start to walk down the hallway to see if the monitor would catch her movement. It didn't! So I called Frontpoint to get some assistance. It was then I was told that their motion sensors had to be set between 4-5 ft up to work properly. First of all, at that height, they could easily be bumped and knocked down. Secondly, they are not exactly aesthetically pleasing to look at.

I asked the gentleman that was helping me why other motion detectors are set up at a height that was unobtrusive. He stated that this was how Frontpoint's works. It is frustrating that the cost of the equipment and the fact that the customer service (they were always very pleasant to speak with) could not assist made my decision easy. I am going with another alarm company and getting a full refund from Frontpoint.

Frontpoint

It's great to hear that our Support Team was able to help you find the best mounting solution for your senors! Our goal is to always provide the best service experience possible and it sounds like you are getting just that. Thank you for your feedback and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

We live in a fairly stable neighborhood, but a family that bought a house across from ours had a break-in in the midst of their move. I thought it was time to do something and it was more for the fire protection than security itself that I wanted to get a system. I did an online search of security systems and looked at reviews. In our area, Frontpoint had very high reviews. Of 10 companies that were reviewed, it was number nine.

I got the stuff for the system and installed it. I had to do a couple of things extra, though, because my house is older and there were some issues with the tightness of doors. The biggest problem was that some of the doors did not allow for the adhesive to keep it on because they were old aluminum doors. I had to drill and put them in with screws. Their reps have all been really good. Every time I called for whatever reason, they were very helpful and they sent me stuff to try to mount the things before we had to say we needed to use the screws to put the system in.

I've been using Frontpoint for almost a year now. If I forget to set the alarm when I go out, I use the internet to set it from my cell phone. I have several notifications set up for it and I get various ones when it’s disarmed if I’m out, like if my wife disarms it. I like that access and control to the system. It gives me a message if the power goes out so it’s good to have. The experience with Frontpoint has been every bit of what I expected it to be.

Frontpoint

Jim thank you for your feedback as hearing from our customers allows us to make sure we are giving the best customer experience possible. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything in the future.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I looked up about Frontpoint online and they seemed like the right fit. The system was real easy to install and self-explanatory. The app is also easy to use and pretty simple. We use it all the time. Overall, it's been a positive experience. Unfortunately, we can't upgrade. They require us to purchase our cameras upfront and they don’t have a payment plan. The other companies we've looked at were all willing to take payments and put it over the first couple of months. Frontpoint is the only company that requires that we make a full payment for their cameras or they’ll add it to our plan. We didn’t like that, so we'll probably go to another company in the future.

Frontpoint

Becky thanking your making the change to Frontpoint and we are glad that you are getting everything you need from your system! It's also so great to hear that your system is giving you a greater peace of mind. Our goal is always to provide a greater sense of security, so we're glad you are getting just that. Thank you again and please let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

In a previous home, I used ADT and growing up, my parents used ADT. We wanted to do our own installation in our current home so we got Frontpoint. We also have an older home and we had to pull out an old security system and all the holes and stuff on the wall were very intrusive. So, we went for something that was less invasive to the home structure. Additionally, even with the organizational discount with ADT, Frontpoint is still less expensive. We also paid ADT a sizeable amount to get out of our contract with them while with Frontpoint, there's no contract.

With ADT some of the services they have with municipalities that we were living in, they were not very responsive. My alarm system would go off and I was not getting a response from the city police or fire. I'm not sure if that had to do with ADT's side of things or if that was a consumer side of things, but I was never notified that that wasn't happening until I had a situation where my home needed police assistance and then they never came. We were not interested in going back to ADT.

The Frontpoint devices are very easy to install. The devices are kind of like 3M stick on's. For the most part in calling and working with their personnel, and their response call center has been very good. As we make adjustments to our call list based on our activities, they're pretty good with customer service in-house and then their response team is very good as well when you have an alarm go off.

The only challenge we've had is the motion sensors did not quite work the way that we had hoped they would work. We have cats jumping around and we were clearly told that the motion sensors would not react to like pet-sized objects moving around. So, it's a little bit different than working with like a dog in the home. We have found that the motion sensors being very responsive, our average-sized cats do set them off. So, that was disappointing but other than that, the installation and use of the device have been very good.

I have a much greater sense of security having Frontpoint in our house. We're believers in all of the components that are included in the security system, including the signs in our front yard, the secret on the door, and then setting our security system. If someone comes in this house, we have the chimes on the door so we know someone's entered the home. If someone's entered the home and they are not supposed to, we will know about that very quickly as well. We've been really happy with Frontpoint so far and I have recommended them to friends.

Frontpoint

It's great to hear that our Support Team has always been right there to help you!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

We had one issue with the main monitor, so Frontpoint had to resend that out and then they walked us through how to link all the other sensors. There's a few glitches here and there, but for the most part, it's pretty simple and we're happy. We've had a few cases where we had to call, and it seemed like it's been a fairly timely response.

Frontpoint

We're happy to hear that you have received all the help you have needed!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

Frontpoint's customer service has been pretty helpful. I’d call if I have any issues and they’re able to answer my questions right away. I also have the app and it’s good that I can access the system anywhere.

Frontpoint

Thank you for sharing your experience Charles! Glad to hear your system is working exactly how you need it to!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I arm and disarm my Frontpoint system on my phone and I like that. It's a really good feature. But yesterday when I came home, I had to install a new app. I called them, they went through it with me and everything worked out. But on the bottom of my control panel, the lights used to be red when it was armed. After they did a software update, the lights don't turn red on the bottom of my panel anymore. I've probably got to call them and go through it with a tech. But I've been satisfied with my system and I'm happy with it, so far. I don't have to worry if I go out somewhere. I've set the alarm off a couple of times and they're pretty accurate about calling me within a minute. They've been really good to work with and it's been a good product.

Frontpoint

It's great to hear that our Support Team was able to help you with that Motion Sensor and that you are feeling more secure with your system!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I've been with Frontpoint for about a year. The installation of the system was easy and they explained it on the phone. When I've got an issue with one of the motion detectors, they replaced it. They solved my problem real quick. Frontpoint makes me feel better because when I have to leave home, I can be assured I'll be notified if someone breaks in.

Frontpoint

Glad to hear your setup was easy and that our Support Team was there to help you with that Door Lock!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

A friend of ours told had Frontpoint and told us about it. Installing the device was easy and basic. Their people walked me through everything and answered all my questions. The last interaction I had with them was about installing an electronic door lock and they walked me right through that. I arm and disarm the device from my phone and it's great.

Frontpoint

Awesome, glad to hear your setup was simple and that you are enjoying your system!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

The Frontpoint team has always been friendly and professional. We've been using Frontpoint for a year. It was do-it-yourself, installing the Frontpoint device was very simple and easy. The device is like a second set of eyes that can see. I’ve armed and disarmed the system on my phone only, and it’s great.

Frontpoint

It's great to hear your system is giving you peace of mind! Thanks for the great rating!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Before we installed Frontpoint, we had two Labrador Retrievers. They let the bad guy in and these guys took some things. I had no problem installing Frontpoint. It's real easy. We have the system for about a year now. No one ever broke in the house since so I've never really have to use it yet but it's good for peace of mind.

Frontpoint

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us and always remember that we are just a phone call away if you ever need anything going forward!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Installing the Frontpoint device was fast and simple. The only bad part is the sticky stuff they gave me to put on the walls don’t hold the big glass breaker and the front door sensor kept coming down, too, so I had to use some Velcro. Even though I know that’s going to mess the wall up, that’s what would hold it perfectly.

Frontpoint

Dena, we are glad to hear that our Support Team was able to assist you with getting your system set up! It's also awesome that the smartphone app is making your system more accessible! Thank you for your feedback and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The installation was relatively easy because I didn't have to have anybody come out to help. I'm glad that I had my boyfriend there because he knew how to do it since he has a security system. But had I not had him, it still would've been relatively easy. Their team was really reactive if I called and had a question. They worked with me and were helpful. It is a nice advantage to be able to access and control the system anytime and anywhere. I don't need it, but if I did, I'm glad that I at least have the option.

I was referred to Frontpoint by a friend who was using it and I got the system because there was an attempted break-in at my house. Frontpoint provides an effective service and having the system makes me feel better. It does exactly what I need it to do and I have no regrets that I got it. There are times that when I'm putting my code in, the system will just freeze. It’ll reset itself but I will have to wait for it. Other than that, it's been pretty good.

Frontpoint

Glad to hear that your setup went smoothly! Thanks for the great suggestion and please let us know if you ever need us in there future.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The setup of the Frontpoint system was straightforward, to the point, honest and quite helpful. However, it would be nice if they would do their pricing in Canadian dollars. The fact that I have to bear the risk of the exchange rate going up and down is something they could look at, but all in all, I'm quite happy.

Frontpoint

"No complaints" is what we like to hear!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I searched Frontpoint online and they got good rating and reviews. I got their system and the installation was efficient and very easy. The support line was very good. I have no complaints at all and I would recommend them.

Frontpoint Company Profile