4.28/5
Based on 1,462 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a home alarm?

Frontpoint

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

View More View More

7667 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We had a fire at our business and we had the whole thing on video. We saw how quickly the place was filled with smoke and I've got kids on different levels at home, so I thought that by the time our smoke detectors went off, I wouldn't have time to get them out of the house because I was at the bottom and they're on top. So I was researching and I purchased a different security system. Then Frontpoint's guy called me back and after I got done talking with him, I boxed it all to send it back and purchased the Frontpoint system.

I like the monitoring that Frontpoint does for 24 hours and the monthly fee is fair for what they are doing. I also like the effectiveness of their system and how quickly they call or send someone when something happens. We live out in the country and we've had our house burglarized before. I'm there a lot with the kids while my husband is traveling with the military, so the system helps me to feel a lot more secure as well. I put the equipment up by myself and that was me alone in the house with two four year olds and a 10-year-old. Aside from that, Frontpoint's reps were great and wonderful. Every one I talked to has been very informative and very helpful.

When I finally talked to my mom into putting the system here at our business about a year after our fire, she allowed me to do so. But when I was trying to put the two systems together on my phone where I could use them both, I was having trouble. I called in and the guy I talked to was very patient with somebody who doesn’t know anything about that kind of stuff. I'm not technical but he talked me through it completely without any trouble whatsoever. Now I'm able to go to my cell phone and turn the alarm off here if I need to.

I love that it sends a reminder if I haven't set the alarm at home because when you're running out the door, you don’t always remember. But one thing the first sales guy said to me that has stuck in my mind is it doesn’t matter what kind of security system you have, but if you don’t set it, it's no good to anybody. And that has always rang in my head because I'd leave the house with a bunch of kids running crazy and I do forget to set it.

One time, we were robbed while my son was in the house. I had my phone set at that time where it would ding every time my door would open at home but when he left the house, my phone didn’t ding. So when it did, I just assumed it was him going back to the house. It turned out that somebody had come in the house. So the next day, I knew my son wasn’t there and I just set the alarm when I left. The guy didn’t know we had a security system because it didn’t go off the day before, so he came back for more that day. But we caught him and the police said they wanted to know who I was using for my security because when I told them how many minutes had passed, they said it was the quickest and most efficient one they had ever gotten. So that was really exciting.

We also had an alarm go off in the middle of the night and my husband happened to be home that weekend. I had the smoke and the heat detector and Frontpoint called. I told them we haven't seen anything and they said we needed to look. So we spent an hour and a half sniffing and looking, and we saw smoke. I spent so much time to find out where this was coming from and I almost got frustrated because I didn’t know where it was. In the end, it was coming from the kitchen where there was the ballast in the light fixture. But that detector is so sensitive that it picked it up that much to where we didn’t even see where the smoke was coming from. When the fire marshal was here, he said that smoke detectors don’t go off in your home until it's too late for you to do anything, even to get yourself or your children out. And my smoke detectors never went off at my house, just my sensors.

Here at my work, we had somebody film an immediate video upstairs and they were using a smoke machine. But after about three hours, it never set off the smoke detector. So I didn’t disarm it through Frontpoint. But eventually, the smoke set the alarm off and I didn’t know if it was the heat because it has a heat sensor. But by the time I walked down the stairs from upstairs to go out the front door to try to call and cancel it, the fire department was at my front door. That was around 40 seconds and it was great. Overall, I love everything about Frontpoint and I tell everybody about them. I've even gotten several people to sign up. I told them a little bit about everything that has happened to me and how much the system saved me.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I was gonna get a new home and I was using Frontpoint to be able to secure the building during the time we were doing construction and then have something to offer the individual who would be renting the premises afterwards. I chose Frontpoint after doing research. It seemed as though I would be able to place all of the components and activate the system with the support that was available without having to schedule any installation. I received the box that contained all of the components, went through the house, installed the components and using my cellphone, was able to ensure that the components were communicating with the hub. Then I made a phone call to Frontpoint to have them activate and verify that the system was functioning properly. For the most part, the installation was fairly straightforward.

The instructions were fairly simple and the videos were really valuable. Essentially, once you've watched the video, you would have an idea of what you need to do. It was a cookbook type of going from A to B, C, D, and then let the system come online. However, there are some sensors that would require a little bit more finesse than others, depending on the type of door you have. I had to drill one into the door because the door was inset and it would not allow for any kind of adhesive attachment. But I’m a woodworker and there was no problem with that. I’ve also had a number of communications with Frontpoint and those have always been very positive and helpful.

The features are fairly good for the value that you get for the package. One of the concerns that I had initially when I purchased the package was about the touchscreen display that was being offered at the time. This touchscreen display was really what I was looking for and it sold me on the Frontpoint system because it worked pretty much like an iPad. Unfortunately, with some of the construction we had there, the pad failed to communicate with the sensors at one point and went completely dead.

When I spoke to Frontpoint, they did an evaluation but they said there was nothing that they could do. Unfortunately, they didn’t make that touchscreen display anymore. They were having some problems with it based on the battery that was being installed and some of them would overheat and melt. I was a little bit dismayed when they told me that I would have to set it back in and then get a non-touchscreen hub that would be utilized with a keypad.

So what I did was I told them I would communicate with them later. I unplugged the unit and it completely drained for 24 hours. I re-plugged with an electrical spike arrester with a filter and as soon as I did that, it worked flawlessly. It hasn’t come back up with some other problems with me ever since either. So that was a bit of a diagnostic snafu. With the construction that was being done in the home, we may have had some kind of electrical charge which created a little burn that messed with it at first.

I don’t know how Frontpoint would have known any better from a diagnostic standpoint. However, if I had gone to the non-touchscreen hub, they would have created a little bit of an issue with me because that’s not exactly the system that I wanted. If they had swapped it with a keypad and altered the subscription, I'd probably not do it. That’s how strongly I feel about the touchscreen display. On the other hand, I think that the system is hardening sufficiently to different types of electromagnetic interference that can be utilized from fusion. In other words, there is some kind of electric field on all of the other systems that you can pull into not sending an alarm. You basically send a carrier signal that tells the system that it didn’t activate and you open the door.

I also like the security of knowing that with Frontpoint, you can be in bed and if you don't remember if you locked the front door, you can pick up your cellphone and do it. That’s a little bit more secure. If you have work and you have a kid coming home, you also get a signal that the door was opened and closed. You can even see if somebody kept the window open in the basement. So the system is really well-functioning. It’s ergonomically superior than other systems I’ve seen. It’s intuitive and also expandable. I also like the idea that if any of the sensors go bad, Frontpoint would replace them.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Purchasing a home security system started making sense given the way things are going in this country. It's a good idea to make sure that your home is guarded. The sales member at Frontpoint was very helpful. He was able to walk me through all the different types of features that are available and was able to give me pros and cons of simpler and more sophisticated solutions. That helped to right-size what we needed based upon our experience.

Installing the system was straightforward. I set it up in about half an hour. The biggest challenge though is trying to figure out where to put some of the different sensors and devices because you need to start testing them, like whether it sees me or it sees the dog and things that you wouldn't think of if somebody else would come in and set it up. While setting it up mechanically was not a problem, getting things going was a little more of a chore because they don’t issue a burglar alarm permit in my town. They want you to send in a form and they’ll take it but they don’t give you a number. The rep at Frontpoint said that I need to get a registration number form but I said they don't give one. So they ended up going back to the police station two times. That’s always very awkward because the man behind the glass wall doesn’t really wanna talk.

Eventually, they looked it up and said that while they don't have a registration number, they put all these registrations in based upon my phone number. So basically, the number I need to give them is my phone number at home. I got to deal with the fire department too and that was another story because when I went to the fire department, they don’t have a door open for you and once again they don’t give a number. They just take the form from you so that’s a bit wonky.

In addition to that, I got a credit card issue at one point where they said that my credit card is not working. I insisted that I used it that day. So I ended up calling somebody at Frontpoint and he said that the card is working okay but when they registered me, there was something that had to be paid that wasn't paid at that time. Although he was able to fix it in the system, for the past two weeks now I've been getting some warning emails telling me that my credit card that is on file is about to expire. It's a little bit of a wonky because what they were suggesting was to give them two credit cards so that they would always have a card that they could charge me on. I told them that my card is not going to expire. It's just gonna be renewed with the same number.

I didn’t get all the bells and whistles but the general features of the Frontpoint system are rich. I just wanted the fire alarm so that if something breaks out, at least we would be aware rather than just relying upon neighbors hearing a thing. From where we are, I don’t think they would hear it. We're kind of in the woods so being able to activate something to come out before the whole thing burns down would probably be helpful. The only issue I had was in my garage. When I talked to the sales guy originally, he suggested doing the sound sensor system in case somebody tries to get in the house by breaking the window in the garage. But then reading the material a little bit further, they suggested not putting that in the garage because the sounds you get from a garage opener can also emulate glass breaking.

Generally, the Frontpoint system is good but when I started doing some research after I got the unit, I realized that the central station is subject to a smash kind of situation where burglars know that they’ve got a minute to get to your house, find your central station and throw it in the toilet and short-circuit the whole thing before it dials out and calls for help. So in learning about that, I realized that it would be better off putting it into my hallway closet and putting a lock on the closet. Since I'm within line of sight of a cell tower, which is always active, I know that if somebody gets in there, that thing gets triggered within a minute. It's gonna be dialing out.

In closing, it's good to know that there exists a technology like Frontpoint's because in the old days, burglars only have to cut the phone line and they're done. If we go traveling, it's good to know that the system is guarding the house and if something happens we'll get notified and I can have somebody go over and take a look. Frontpoint is a good company to go with because there are knowledgeable people who would help figure out what you need.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I always do a lot of research on anything that I buy. I did an Internet search and saw what other consumers were saying about Frontpoint. I looked at the different lists of one of the many things that Frontpoint does, the top 10 of anything and this company comes up either number one, two or three. I saw the ease of the products that they offer and that I could see what I was getting. They were very upfront whereas everybody else was hiding what comes in their package. Also, the other companies wanted me to talk to a person before I could select what it was that I was pretty much looking for and I didn't like that.

After selecting Frontpoint, interacting with their reps was pleasurable. Their people seemed well informed and have a general concern about what's going on with my stuff. Additionally, instead of selling through the company, the representative told me that I don't have to buy specific pieces of equipment from them. For instance, if I wanted an extra camera they referred me to a cheaper option. A lot of people won't do that and would insist that I buy through their company. Still, they said they would help set up any equipment I get through Frontpoint.

The only thing I ran into that I wasn't offered was the premium version of the alarm system. I feel it should have been offered though I don't feel like I can afford it. I was thinking I was getting the premium panel but then I got a big ugly, chunky, useless panel in. It was a deal breaker because my wife and I weren't happy with the way it looked inside our home. So, I called Frontpoint and they gave me an extra two months to try the system out. Still, when I talked to their reps, they weren't pushy with it. They told me they could send the premium panel out and I could just pay the difference. They went above and beyond and I got exactly what I wanted.

Also, I liked how quickly the stuff shipped and how easy it was to set up. Installation of the equipment was also very simple. I'm pretty technical and I had no problem with it. But then, when I first put the sensors, I didn't mount it just right. I went to try and tape the thing off but then it pulled the paint off of my door. Fortunately, the sensor had some extra strips that came with it which I could put on another part of the sensor. Since, then, the sensors have been holding up and there have been few malfunctions other than whenever my mother comes in and forgets to hold the button down. I also liked how seamlessly it integrates into my cell phone and how easy it is to control the system.

However, the key fob needs to be improved because I can't tell if it sends out a signal or not. When I come up to the door, and press and hold it, I can't tell if there's a signal because I can't hear inside of my home. I can't tell whether the alarm is disarmed or not until I open the door. If it's on, that means that all the sensors and alarms would go off right away especially if I have it set with no delay. Sometimes, I have to be really close and it would work depending on the wall or network congestion or if there's a lot of WiFi or Bluetooth. So, I get a lot of false alarms. Still, the key fob with my wife seems to work because she pulls into the garage. Despite these issues, I like where I can control and then go and open the door, and then I have a little alarm and a little geo-fence which is pretty cool.

Another thing I didn't like at first was the three-year commitment. At the end of it all, I didn't feel so bad about it since I'm committed to something good versus something that I got pushed into. I liked how Frontpoint let me select and see how good their product is and now I know I've made a sound decision. Since getting the system, it has been good for me and I use it daily. My wife and I work all the time and we don't have any children in our home. She lives home alone at times and when she's there by herself, I wanted to give her a better sense of security. I'm ex-military and I provide my own security but then if people are going to take something, they will take it. Still, if I have have some video footage of a person who comes into my home then it makes the police's job a whole lot easier. It's cool to be able to look through my house and make sure everything's okay.

Additionally, I've automated my whole house. I bought all of these Nest equipment, such as a thermostat that's integrated into the system. I like how there's a snowball effect with my product that allows me how to maximize the expandability of it. It's good that Frontpoint works well with other companies like Nest, Ecobee and other things that I can integrate into their system. I'm a straight shooter and anybody would know that I don't just give out recommendations. Still, I want to give Frontpoint the accolades it deserves from my customer experience. I've gone to Best Buy and they have some of the little displays that are flimsy and don't seem very well built. Conversely, the sensors and stuff I have are rock solid and I can tell something of quality. I've been recommending this system to all of my friends. I've been more than pleased.

Original review: May 29, 2018

We had the house built with a security system but the guy that used to monitor it sold the company to an outfit up in Louisville, Colorado. The system was 13 years old and I thought it was time for them to look at it and see if I needed any upgrades. I was told I needed to do this and that even though the person has never even seen the system. How would he know? He told me that if I had a wired system, that was what I needed to have an upgraded system and it was worth $2,000. I asked him what was wrong with a wired system and then finally decided that I was not gonna put up with that.

I called the owner of the company and told him that I owned the system and I was leaving them. He said that I had to give him 30 days' notice and I said, “Okay. You got 30 days.” But then he said I had to have it in writing. He was as big a jerk as the guy that I talked to on the phone. I told him that his attitude was what killed it. They pissed me off so I went out and looked online. Some of the others were talking about big-buck items right away and it just turned me off. On the other hand, Frontpoint sounded pretty good and although it is a wireless system, they had come down on the price.

I put the sensors up, which just stick on the wall. That’s not brain surgery there. The installation was all right but we couldn’t get it into the computer on our own. I let them do it. The other system had a battery back-up and had all the doors wired. This just has eight sensors on it and carbon monoxide. It is an all right system. It doesn’t have near as many sensors, but it’s supposedly gonna work. The other system didn’t have any motion sensors because we have dogs. We had one that the dogs kept tripping.

I put one in our office in San Diego and it was hard-wired but computerized. When the trash truck comes by, it would rattle the windows of the two-story office building. But that computer learned that on a certain time and a certain noise, it’s the trash truck and it doesn't set off the alarm. This system won't do that so I wonder if I have this up-to-date. But if it will go off when somebody breaks a window, that’s what it’s supposed to do.

I thought the equipment was a little cheap. Everything’s plastic but nowadays everything seems to be plastic. They threw in a camera in that feeds off of my WiFi but it wouldn't stay hooked up to it. But that has been rectified and now, I can look in my phone and see the front room of the house. However, they could’ve kept the camera and knocked the price down. I just use the smartphone feature for the camera. You can set and disarm the system. You can also see if the alarm went off and why, because either they or the system calls my cell phone when it trips and as soon as you disarm it again, it automatically calls the house. But it takes a lot to impress me and it doesn't have all the features.

The pet sitters tripped the previous alarm and they'd panic. I would tell them to put their coat on the alarm and to call the number on the panel, which was the first number in the autodial in the phone. But this one has a verbal actual password. The other one was just numbers, 1-2-3-4 type. You can have 30 security codes in it so anybody that comes in the house can have their own specific code and you know who unlocked the door and came in.

The monitoring’s a little bit more but sometimes when you get pissed off, you gotta pay that. I was also a little leery that maybe being wireless, it would go to some place and then it would have to go to another place and then they get the monitor. But I was told that's only when I call in. Apparently, when the alarm calls in, it goes right to their monitoring people on the East Coast. These guys seem to be fairly knowledgeable when you talk to support. They're not in Indonesia and they try to do what they can to rectify the problem. It’s not a perfect system, but it’s pretty decent for the price. I haven't had it not work and it has worked a couple of times.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: May 25, 2019

System monitoring via the app. Upon installation of my system I was able to go to the app and see all of my sensor points listed and when they had been activated. This feature was deleted sometime later and when I called customer service, was told that this feature could be restored for an additional $10 per month. Very disappointing. Money grab on their part.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have been a Frontpoint customer for more than a half dozen years and find their products and service to be perfect. I have complete peace of mind when we use this system. I have never regretted getting this system.

Our Pick
    ConsumerAffairs RecommendedProtect America
    Original review: May 16, 2019

I signed up with Frontpoint because the great equipment options and personable customer service but over the last 3 months their customer service has seriously gone downhill and the workers appear to be increasingly unresponsive, poorly trained and unable to answer straight forward questions. Worst of all when you pay to have someone monitor your home and keep you safe you expect them to be available by phone, know their product and be able to resolve issues.

Most recently I contacted them due to a false alarm; first call they hung up on me, second call I was forwarded to another department and put on hold for an extended period of time and finally, the third call I got through only to have the representative tell me he could not tell me if the alarm had sent a message to the police but he would cancel the false alarm.6 hours later the police showed up due to the customer service agent not doing his job.

Today, they blamed me and said I called the wrong number before reviewing the phone records and confirming I called the right number. Would definitely not recommend Frontpoint as your provider because they don't take their customer service seriously and appear to be cutting corners in their training of employees, which puts your safety at risk.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I called them 45 days in advance to cancel my service and was told it would be taken care of on the phone. Then I was billed for a couple of months after that and when I called back I was told that they need a 30-day written notice. I'm sure the fine print in the contract says this, but they never mentioned this on the first cancellation phone call. That's just a shady practice to extort money from customers. I would not recommend Frontpoint to anybody. There are better services available now for much cheaper.

Original review: May 6, 2019

We decided to purchase a security system for our home. After investigating several companies, although we live in Canada, we chose Frontpoint Security which is located in the US. Despite the CAD-US exchange rate it has proven to be worth every penny. A great choice of products and a package was designed for our home by Mike **. One that we needed, not a hard sell of everything that he could sell us. An excellent experience and support with all aspects, questions, installations etc. Gina in customer service was also exceptional in looking into all of our questions. Easy installation, excellent product, 24/7 monitoring and app notification, the VERY BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE WE HAVE EVER WITNESSED. We highly recommend the company.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I was researching Frontpoint as my potential Security Company. As I asked my questions to the Representative I was told several times I would have to buy the system for a one year contract and the cost would be over $500.00. After several more questions about the equipment for a one year contract and then out of the blue, the price for buying the equipment for a one year contract changed to $300.00. I don't have a good feeling about this company, especially when the sales does nothing but bad mouth their competition. Not to mention that the reason why Frontpoint can receive a cell signal and the other companies can't, is because Frontpoint is number 1 in the industry.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I've been with FrontPoint (FP) for 18 months. I had Simplisafe (SS) for 2 years previously. Based on my experiences FP is not as good as SS in many respects. FP misrepresented it's products during the sales process and does NOT have true 24X7X365 protection. They say they monitor your system and can detect an intruder smashing a console and still respond - not true. My FP touchscreen console locked up numerous times and I didn't know it for 24 hours. I found out after the fact they no longer support their touchscreen consoles and no longer sell them. After my numerous complaints they finally replaced my touchscreen console with a dumb hub but refused to give me a full refund of the upgrade I had paid for the touchscreen. Obviously, they were having significant problems with the touchscreen consoles and did not inform owners about it.

Equipment cannot be easily added to the FP system and requires technical support to do. SS is a no brainer to update. My experience with both tech support groups convinced me the SS tech support is also much better and more responsive than FP's. FP locks you in for a 36 month contract. SS has none. FP threatened to sue me If I left them before the end of the contract after I complained about the reliability of their system and service. Beware! Bottom line - They DO NOT provide 24X7 coverage. Their equipment is trash. Their "Smash and Grab" claim is a complete hoax. Their customer service is a joke. Rum Away! If you looking at purchasing one of these systems, SS is a better and more cost effective system. I'll drop FP at the end of the year and probably eat the cost of the remaining contract. It will be worth it.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have been auto paying for years. I decided to cancel. You cannot log in to remove payment - it is blocked. You have to call and then email - which I did. I never heard back from "Ty" so emailed again. Then called "Pam" who assured me Ty would get back to me and cancel the account. NOTHING. I called AGAIN and asked to speak directly to manager - you cannot. I was told an email would be sent to a manager. So, I am here waiting. This was an easy service to set up and then put on auto pay. Trying to leave the company has been such a poor experience. I will not look to them for my next home security needs.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Malfunctioning sensors, faulty sensors reporting as open. Happens repeatedly, No adjustment to monthly bill for a product that is not truly protecting my home and family. Customer service "dropped" call with no call back...hung up on customer. I will be looking for a new provider with better equipment and superior customer service.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I inquired about the Frontpoint home security system and was assured 1. Monitoring was optional. 2. An existing alarm system would not interfere with Frontpoint. 3. I could return the system for a full refund. 4. If I did want monitoring, I could get it for as little as $30/mo. Since I received the system I attempted to install it and have yet to get past the window door sensors to set up the camera and garage door opener. After countless hours on the phone with a tech, and replacement sensors being sent and returned the system only works for one door. Sensors that used to operate no longer do.

When I asked for the address to return the equipment, they informed me that I own it and it cannot be returned. When I saw a charge of $49.99 on my credit card statement I asked why I was being charged for a system that has never worked. And they said I signed a contract and am now obligated for the full 3 years. I am currently looking for a class action suit to join as I am being forced to pay for something I never received.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I never was informed of their contract termination policy. They told me when I went to cancel that was signed up till July of 2019. It was not what I was originally told. When I went cancel they told me my contract was for 3 years. They never ever produced a sign contract. Now they just give me the runaround. These people are not be trusted If you decided to use them be careful. They don’t lie. They just don’t tell you the whole truth when you sign up.

Original review: April 8, 2019

My honest experience is that I’ve been a Frontpoint customer for three years and just renewed my contract and received upgraded equipment. Frontpoint’s New alarm system triggered 5 false alarms in a matter of four weeks. The police and fire dept showed up at my home twice due to the false alarms. This has caused me worry, anxiety, stress because Frontpoint managers refuse to speak to customers especially long term customers to work out those problems. I have been dealing with Frontpoint customer service (not manager because they REFUSE to speak to you) for two weeks now. I had to give in to Frontpoint replacing the damaged equipment. They end up sending me a used replacement hub with broken wires which had to be returned again. I thought that they were intentionally holding my replacements and sending me more defective equipment.

The problem is that they are still charging me monthly. No credits, no coupons, etc. Frontpoint managers refuse to speak to me and give me a refund but have and continue to give me chest pains and anxiety (not only myself but my children who haven’t had a good night sleep in weeks thinking something is going to happen at any time of day). The only great thing is this one lady that has been very patient and understanding but has no power to do anything. As of today I have not spoken to a manager have not received all my equipment and have a pending balance because they overprinted return labels for the damaged equipment they sent me to be returned to them AGAIN. 04/08/2019 AGAIN THE FALSE ALARMS BEGIN.

Original review: April 8, 2019

The area that we live in is very secluded and we go out of town a lot. One of our neighbors suggested Frontpoint and the representatives who helped me when purchasing explained everything very well. The installation of the system as well as reading the instructions were very easy. We have the security camera option and I like that part, as well as how I can access it remotely. Thankfully, nothing has ever happened for us to use the actual security part of it. We travel a lot and with Frontpoint, we are able to secure our home when we leave.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I have had Frontpoint Security for 2.5 years. My contract for monitoring expires 10/19. I have window and door sensors, fire alarm and motion detectors. All great and the service has been great. BUT! A rep offered me two outdoor cameras to extend my contract for 3 years for an extra $5.00/month to which I have been paying, but not receiving the service. That’s where the pleasantness needed. Almost 3 month later, I have spent almost 24 hours on various phone calls. Had 7 remote accessed sessions. Have talked to more than 8 technical reps. The camera’s video fine, but the computer settings DO NOT hold and DO NOT do as expected.

All of my phone calls and login sessions have been attempts to get the setting to work as expected. Each rep I speak to “sympathizes” and ends up saying the previous rep set up incorrectly. 3 months later and the settings still do not work. Frontpoint insisted I try a 3rd camera. I did. Same result. They first tried to blame on my internet speed (Comcast Wireless WIFI), then said it wasn’t internet, but they added three cameras into system and should have deleted one. That was a 2 hour phone call. The resolution is to give me more stuff that I don’t need. They refuse to let me cancel the 3 year extension. They have been kind enough to say they would take the cameras back, but still wouldn’t cancel extension. One camera has never even come out of box. Be very, very careful before signing to extend contract with them.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I see there are other people who have had the same experience as I had. I called Frontpoint, 3 months and 2 months before my contract ended. Both times I was told they could only accept my cancellation 1 month prior to contract end. I called March 31st for my May 1st end date only to be told that the cancellation department was closed for the day. I called the next day, April 1, and was promptly told that that I would be billed for May because I gave less than 30 days notice. All of my appeals were ignored. So now I have Frontpoint for a month longer then I should. I am writing this review to warn other potential customers to be aware of these guys. Their customer service is horrendous, their three year commitment is ridiculous and I cannot wait to be done with them completely.

Original review: April 4, 2019

My experience when installing the Frontpoint system was good and I had no problems. I used all the window or outdoor cameras and motion sensors and it took me less than 30 minutes to install everything. I would also like to add the indoor camera that got a 360-view, as well as the deadbolt lock for the door. The representatives at Frontpoint are all really good. I recently had a problem with one of my cameras and they sent me a replacement. Being a dad with a family, my sense of security has been so much better since having the system installed. If I’m not there, I can always check and see what is going on inside, outside and at the door. I have recommended Frontpoint to friends.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I've always had a security system. However, I wasn't really happy. ADT had me paying a bill for about two years, and I was never even hooked up to their service. It was crazy. And then, I had XFINITY. I can't stand Comcast and I wouldn't give Comcast a dime of my money. Frontpoint's better because of the alerts that you get on a regular basis. Also, the interaction with the reps from Frontpoint was good. The only thing is I had ordered a camera and I don't even know if it's hooked up. I got the power supply and everything else, the green and the red lights are on, and I just don't know if it's being fed a video feed or what. I called a couple of times, and that was a little frustrating, but I just figured it out.

The system has all the features. I really like the fact that when the contractor or the housekeeper's there, I can turn the system off and turn it on when they're gone. I thought it's the nicer of the two keypads. That was the main selling point for me. I like nice things. I want all the bling-bling. But it works just fine. And if I ever upgrade, I probably will get it. It's easy to add stuff to it. Also, the smart features were easy to do. They're efficient and self-explanatory. Knowing that the system from Frontpoint is hooked up is really big. And when it's not on during the day because we're just at home and in and out, they send alerts to the phone saying it's not activated. Stuff like that is nice.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I purchased a home security system for insurance purposes, and I went with Frontpoint because they had better reviews. When I installed the system, it was easy and it went well. While the cost is okay, I, however, have seen a lot of other systems that were less expensive.

Original review: April 3, 2019

After all the research I did, Frontpoint seemed pretty good compared to everybody else. The installation was quite simple. Also, the system has been excellent. Frontpoint always resolved my issue and if not, I get referred to somebody who can.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Like others have mentioned here, this company has a super shady policy around cancelling service. We moved and had six months left on our contract. So we continued to pay. When our final month came, my husband called to cancel and was never told that they require WRITTEN cancellation via email. Two months later, they have continued to bill us, so I called them again, only to be told over the phone and via email that I would be billed for ANOTHER MONTH due to the policy requirement of 30 days written notice!

So now they have scammed me out of THREE total payments on a system I haven't used in 6 months. To add insult to injury, they have this cute little phrase they kept repeating on the phone about how they have "no customer-facing managers" to try to deter you from speaking to anyone else. What a bunch of scammers. I will be letting everyone in my neighborhood know about their practices. Do yourself a favor and go with a company that allows you to cancel your service at any time, over the phone. If they were so certain about their product, they wouldn't need to con people into contracts with shady cancellation clauses.

Original review: April 2, 2019

We have had Frontpoint for around three to six months now. We were unhappy with the home security we had that is why we started looking at different ones, and we thought that Frontpoint would suit our circumstances best. As far as the installation of the system, I wasn’t sure I was doing it right because we have been used to having somebody come out and do things for us, so it was taking a bit of getting used to. We like most of the features in general. However, we had an alarm go off, but we couldn’t find what was happening, so we called and the reps got it taken care of. One of the sensors had come loose on one of the windows and the reps were very helpful.

The cost seems a little high, though. It is just about what we were paying for the other system and we had more personalized service. We had somebody who would come out and help us with problems. They came out one time and they had to install a radio system instead of the phone line, so we were used to that, however, I am getting used to trying to do it on my own. When the system beeps and the door or window is open, we would like to have some way of knowing which one that is and I need to know how to turn down the volume when it beeps. I am happy with Frontpoint, nonetheless.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Our house got robbed. I was nine months pregnant at the time, my husband was going back to work, and I was gonna be here with two kids by myself. We got Frontpoint's system where we are able to customize our options as to how many sensors we want. Also, the cost of service is cheaper monthly than every other company. We’ve had the system for almost nine months now, and we’ve been pretty satisfied with it. Their customer service is good. We’ve only had to call the reps in a couple of times, and they were able to answer all of our questions for us. Aside from our Frontpoint system, we also have cameras that we bought and we’re able to watch 24/7 from our mobile devices, so that has kinda helped too. Every so often, the Frontpoint system would go off because of our Wi-Fi connections, when we leave the house trying to set it, but we’ve got that figured out. Overall, our sense of security has been better with Frontpoint.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I like Frontpoint's customer service. I got a good deal in addition to what I bought last year. Installing the system was easy. The manuals are very easy to plug in and plug out. It's very convenient to have Frontpoint, and I feel more safe. All the features, sensors and cameras are working fine. We had some issue with connecting the camera number two, but that was probably because of my slow internet speed. Right now, my account is locked for some reason and I need help in unlocking it.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Dealing with the Frontpoint reps was very easy. They were very nice and friendly. Then, the installation was very simple and easily done. So far, the quality of the equipment is very nice and I like a lot of the features. Also, the smartphone features are very native and natural. I like it. The Frontpoint system is highly rated and I’m very satisfied, especially a feature wherein when the electricity in the neighborhood goes down, I get notifications and after it comes back, I get a notification as well. It's very useful. The Frontpoint system is user-friendly too. It’s perfect and I would recommend it.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Frontpoint's equipment and overall package seemed to be the best combination that was out there. The installation of the system was easy and the quality of its features is good. Some sensors weren't sent to me but when I called their customer service up, they sent the sensors over immediately. It was really good.

Frontpoint expert review by Ben Mannes

Choose from 3 wireless security system packages for $34.99-$49.99 a month. Systems are self-installed and include 24/7 monitoring, crash and smash technology along with fire and medical protection. Contracts range from 1-3 years.

• Installation: All Frontpoint equipment is designed to be installed by the consumer, so the company doesn’t employ any installation technicians. This saves consumers a significant amount of money when getting a new system.

• Mobile access: Frontpoint's mobile apps let you access your security system, review information and control your home from anywhere you have an Internet connection via computer or smartphone.

• Cellular monitoring: The Frontpoint Control Panel communicates with the Monitoring Center via cell phone, so it's not dependent on a phone line. Even if your home phone line is cut or the system is smashed, your alarm will send out a cell alert to Frontpoint Monitoring.

• Portable: Frontpoint's 100 percent wireless sensors are easy to set up and require no hard wiring, so a Frontpoint security system can be easily moved to a new address.

• Equipment cost: With Frontpoint, you purchase your equipment outright. While your upfront cost could be a few hundred dollars once you add extra sensors, remotes and other accessories, purchasing your equipment can actually save you money in the long run. Frontpoint equipment has a three-year warranty.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
    Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Frontpoint Company Information