Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.49/5

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to make them feel safe.

BOTTOM LINE

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24/7 professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing the system yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

PROS

• Affordable monitoring
  • High-tech equipment options
  • Large selection of plans

CONS

• DIY installation

Top Frontpoint Reviews

We have had nothing but excellent response to alarms. They go all out to contact you, or your listed contacts to ensure you and your home are safe. We have been with Frontpoint since around 2008.

Frontpoint security was super easy to install and learn how to use. The price is right too. … We really like it and it gives us peace of mind. The videos are easy to access on my phone 24/7.

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

What is Frontpoint?

Frontpoint's home security plans include professional monitoring and integrated smart home technologies.

The Frontpoint hub and keypad act as the command center, and the control panels alert a monitoring center through built-in cellular communication. You can connect to Google Home or Alexa though the company's mobile app to monitor your system remotely.

Frontpoint's security monitoring plans start around $45 per month. Monitoring costs vary based on the type of property (house, apartment or business), square footage and number of exterior doors. Monitoring plans include live video streaming, motion-triggered alerts and smart lock control.

How much does Frontpoint cost?

Frontpoint offers a selection of prebuilt packages at price points to fit a variety of budgets.

Safe Home Everyday ($99)
The Safe home Everyday package costs $99 plus monthly monitoring fees. For homes with more windows and doors to protect, Safe Home Everyday offers more sensors than the Safe Home Starter package.
  • Three window/door sensors
Safe Home Plus ($319.94)
The Safe Home Plus package costs $319.94 plus monthly monitoring fees. Safe Home Plus is designed for homes with children or pets and offers many of the same benefits of the Safe Home Everyday package with additional protection.
  • Three window/door sensors
  • Two glass break sensors
  • One door sticker
Safe Home Select ($383.92)
The Frontpoint Safe Home Select security system costs $383.92 plus monthly monitoring. This system provides home intrusion safeguards plus free environmental protection. Frontpoint’s smoke and heat sensor detects trace amounts of smoke or heat. The package includes:
  • Four window/door sensors
  • One glass break sensor
  • One smoke and heat sensor
  • One door sticker
Safe Home Preferred ($479.90)
The Safe Home Preferred package costs $479.90 plus monthly monitoring. This is Frontpoint’s most complete system package and includes upgraded features like indoor cameras with two-way talk to help you see and hear your home even when you’re not there.
  • Five window/door sensors
  • One glass break sensor
  • One smoke and heat sensor
  • One indoor camera

Frontpoint security equipment

Frontpoint’s Build-Your-Own option lets you design the right protection package for your home. You can mix and match equipment if your home is unusually large or you have more specific needs than what’s offered with Frontpoint security packages. Some of Frontpoint’s most popular security equipment include:

• Frontpoint hub and keypad: On its own, this piece of equipment costs $249.99. Every Frontpoint system uses the hub and keypad. The hub is the command center for the entire system, and the keypad works in tandem to make sure things are safe and secure when you leave home.
  • Door/window sensor: Door/window sensors are $19.99 per sensor. These are small sensors that attach to openings in your home, such as doors, windows or cabinets.
  • Motion sensor: Frontpoint motion sensors cost $29.99 each. The technology can tell the difference between animals and people, which lets you limit your false alarms.
  • Smart door lock: Frontpoint’s smart door lock is $149.99. Its technology can easily be integrated with other Frontpoint systems.
  • Doorbell security camera: For $149.99, Frontpoint’s doorbell security camera gives you real-time access to your front door at all times. It offers two-way talk audio, one-way video footage and free video cloud storage so you can capture and document issues when they arise.
  • Keychain remote: Frontpoint’s keychain remote is $19.99. Frontpoint’s keychain remote can arm, disarm and control lights within 100 feet of the security hub.
  • Environmental sensors: Frontpoint offers three different environmental sensors. The smoke and heat sensor ($44.99) detects faint amounts of smoke and fire more efficiently than a traditional alarm. Frontpoint’s flood sensors ($24.99) notify you of leaks to help prevent expensive water damage. The carbon monoxide detector ($69.99) also alerts Frontpoint’s monitoring staff if triggered.

Frontpoint Security FAQ

Do you have to install Frontpoint yourself?
Yes, you have to install Frontpoint yourself. Security equipment devices come preprogrammed to make setup and utilization easier. Each product includes instructions for installation. Frontpoint also posts videos on its website with visual directions.

Even though Frontpoint tries to make it as easy as possible, some consumers still find the installation process difficult or confusing. If consumers have any issues installing a system, they should reach out to Frontpoint customer service for guidance.

Can I use Frontpoint without monitoring?
Not really. You can’t get Frontpoint without a monitoring contract, and Frontpoint equipment only works with the monitoring app.
Does Frontpoint have outdoor cameras?
Yes, Frontpoint sells outdoor cameras for $167.50. They include nighttime vision with infrared technology.
How much does Frontpoint cost per month?
Frontpoint monitoring starts at $44.99 per month. On the lower end, Frontpoint’s monitoring plan includes 24/7 professional monitoring, automated system checks, mobile alerts and monitoring. For a higher price, you can get features like live streaming, night vision, light and smart lock control and motion-triggered alerts.
What is Frontpoint’s return policy?
Frontpoint has a 30-day risk-free trial period. During this time, customers can install the system in their homes and try it to see if it fits their lifestyle. Within 30 days, customers can return the system using free shipping for a full refund.

Is Frontpoint a good security system?

Frontpoint could be a smart option for customers who don’t mind DIY system installation. What sets Frontpoint apart is its state-of-the-art equipment that’s also easy to use. It also offers a variety of plans and lets you build your system to ensure you receive customized coverage that fits your home. The company claims its teams respond up to 120 times faster than other alarm systems.

Frontpoint Reviews

Original review: March 13, 2020

A lot of these reviews mention contracts and Frontpoint does offer contracts but you get certain discounts for agreeing to them. Their equipment is super reliable and anything that breaks they fix quickly, for me it’s only been the panel and one sensor over my last 8 years as a customer. They sent the new panel overnight and the door sensor with FedEx ground. Both were free of charge and they gave me a prepaid label to send the old items back.

The complaints about the contract are ridiculous, you signed it and took your discount but now you want out for no good reason. Please. Stop trying to ruin a great company's reputation with these overblown exaggerated complaints. You probably refused to let them help fix the issue and/or just decided to not have security so you complained online hoping they would fold. You’re the problem, they’re a phenomenal company. I’ve been with a dozen other security companies and never had such a great experience as I’ve had with Frontpoint. If you’re reading this and having second thoughts spend a little more upfront and do the month to month deal. You can always upgrade to a contract later and get your discounts. You won’t be dissatisfied.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Frontpoint security was super easy to install and learn how to use. The price is right too. I own a physical medicine clinic and we put up cameras in all the public places to keep an eye on things just Incase anything weird happens. We really like it and it gives us peace of mind. The videos are easy to access on my phone 24/7. It’s already helped us a lot with issues that we would have had no control over had we not had the system in place. I highly recommend it. The cameras are magnetized so they just pop right on and off for easy charging. We thought the charging part might get old but but they run 24/7 and we just take them down once a week and they quickly charge and then we pop them right back up. We put small pieces of tape on the back of the cameras to label which ones go where. It’s so simple and we love them. Great purchase.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I have been a Frontpoint customer since 2011. Moved 2 times and moved system with me. If an older sensor needs a battery change, they will replace the sensor. Some old sensors are impossible to replace batteries. Customer service and technical support have been exception and I have recommended Frontpoint to friends many times. Technology is solid. Products cover security and automation/ Customer service services the customers. Long standing satisfied customer who has added products since original contract. The one stop for wireless security!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

After researching various home security systems, I chose Frontpoint for their reputation, excellent product & great customer service. Installation was easy & reps were very patient w/ me when I made multiple calls w/ questions. They took as much time as I needed to walk me through the process and I got through right away when calling every time. I am very happy with Frontpoint and feel safer knowing I have the best system. Just an FYI--regarding previous reviews--when cancelling a contract, you will need to 'buy out' of that contract. That is typical of most companies (cell phone, etc.). Frontpoint disclosed that to me upfront. I asked a LOT of questions and found the company very transparent in their business practices. No surprises - just a happy customer. :)

Original review: May 6, 2019

We decided to purchase a security system for our home. After investigating several companies, although we live in Canada, we chose Frontpoint Security which is located in the US. Despite the CAD-US exchange rate it has proven to be worth every penny. A great choice of products and a package was designed for our home by Mike **. One that we needed, not a hard sell of everything that he could sell us. An excellent experience and support with all aspects, questions, installations etc. Gina in customer service was also exceptional in looking into all of our questions. Easy installation, excellent product, 24/7 monitoring and app notification, the VERY BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE WE HAVE EVER WITNESSED. We highly recommend the company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: April 2, 2020

I've been a customer for nearly 10 years, but their rates keep increasing with no new or added benefits. I called to cancel my subscription and they insisted on charging me for next month's fee because I called in 28 days before the end of the month rather than 30 days. This is after them telling me how much of a loyal customer I am and how grateful they are to have me as a customer, but when I tell them I still want to cancel, they say they're "required" to get another month's fee out of me.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I used their service when I was in a vulnerable period (being stalked) and they took complete advantage of me. The initial person who I talked to (the salesperson) appeared very nice and helpful. He got me to sign and failed to tell me that I was signing a 3 year contract! When I called to cancel the "customer service" representative was extremely rude, and told me that I had signed a legal contract and had to abide by their terms. I would have to pay 80% of the remaining months in addition to an extra month to cancel. There was no way I could afford that, and he threatened to send my account to collections if I did not pay.

Original review: March 12, 2020

Could never get it to work properly and then had a break in at which time the unit was broken along with other things. Phoned the company to be told it was not their problem. Definitely do not consider them.

Original review: March 9, 2020

First of all Frontpoint uses abusive business practices. They make it very difficult for you to cancel the service, even after you have completed the term of your contract. In order to cancel, they require you to talk to an "account Specialist", but you can spend hours on hold to speak to the cancellation department. Completely abusive. When you don't play their game of cancelling, even though I spoke with several "other" company representatives and wrote them emails, they threaten to report me to a collection agency. Once again. Customer abuse!!!

As far as the technology. During my three year contract, I dealt with the failures of multiple sensors, such as door and motion. These constantly reported "tamper" failures and resulted in multiple false alarms. I can only conclude that the hardware is very cheap hardware and fails in the short term. The one thing that works well is the mobile app. I have to agree, but all the other problems do not justify this service company.

Original review: March 8, 2020

Where do I start? The equipment is shoddy, keypad constantly fell apart. Sensors kept falling off of the windows and doors even though I spent hours on the phone with a "technician" that knew next to nothing about the product. This resulted in many false alarms (the last one they did not even alert me about!). It was difficult to understand the instructions on how to position the sensors (and I am an experienced "do-it-yourselfer").

When it came time to cancel my service at contract end (36 months is a very long contract!) I followed the "rules of submitting your request in writing and before 30 days of end. That was not enough, they claimed I owed 2 more months and kept hounding me with texts & unsolicited phone calls. I finally broke down and sent them the additional 2 months just to get them off my back. I just received a letter claiming I now owe a higher amount and apparently they have lost my check. I have thrown their equipment in the trash can. This company is not worth your time, money or sanity to deal with on any level. I give them an F!

Frontpoint Company Information