3.88/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 10, 2017

5755 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Frontpoint has been a nightmare for my family. We recently moved into a 110 year old home and after 2 months at our first house with Frontpoint, I brought my system with me. When we tried to install the system, it was quickly apparent that the door sensor would not work in a recessed door to the back of the house. Frontpoint offered a few solutions, but none were practical (drilling into a 110-year old door frame to cut a space out for a sensor, drilling into a steel door, motion sensors despite large dogs, etc.).

I asked instead to cancel as the system is not practical and no longer meets our needs for security. I was told I had to pay 80% of the remaining balance because it costs Frontpoint some absurd made-up number, like $3500) to activate each system. Quite frankly, it is an insult to the intelligence of Frontpoint's customers to tell them this. There are month-to-month security systems available; how could they possibly stay in business with those costs?! Not to mention that the systems are installed and set up by the customers themselves, supposedly to save money.

In addition, when I first received the system, I got a doorbell camera that wasn't able to be installed with my current doorbell. At no time did the tech I called tell me I could send it back for a refund. I was given alternative solutions, like call an electrician, or try some other camera. Months later when I mentioned the unusable doorbell camera again, I was told there was nothing Frontpoint could do, as I should've called when I received the camera. I had done that!!! Yet again, there was nothing they could do. I have a friend stuck in the same Frontpoint hell I am in, where she is paying monthly for a system that is collecting dust in a drawer. Apparently this is how Frontpoint makes their money. I strongly advise you to look into a month-to-month company instead.

Frontpoint response

Tatiana, we appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. Rest assured, one of our Support Supervisors is looking into your account and will be reaching out to assist you shortly. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution response: Nov. 15, 2017

A Frontpoint customer support supervisor reached out to me via phone, and I'm glad to report the issue has been completely resolved.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I was a good customer for over three years. I paid my bill on time every single month. When I had to move and no longer needed the service, I opted not to cancel because I would have been hit with a huge early cancellation fee. My contract was due to expire in August 2017. In November 2016, I was told by customer support that I could leave the system disconnected and my contract would end automatically in August 2017.

It's now November, and it turns out I've been automatically charged for four months of service AFTER my contract expired! Frontpoint will not refund the automatic charges, even though the system has been disconnected for many months. This is a terrible way to treat a longtime customer, especially when Frontpoint boasts about its supposedly high-quality service. I own multiple properties and would have considered using Frontpoint again if it weren't for this incident. Now I will be contacting my bank, as I did not authorize automatic charges from Frontpoint for August thru November.

Frontpoint response

Simon, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. One of our Support Supervisors has been attempting to contact you, however, has been unsuccessful. At your earliest convenience, please feel free to give them a call back so that we can make sure you are entirely taken care of. Thanks again and we hope to speak with you soon.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I spoke to the customer service rep, who was polite, to ask how much it would cost to cancel my service. I am selling my house and taking a traveling position with my company. If the buyers don't want to take over the 36 month contract I have to pay 80% of the balance left on, not only the equipment, but the 36 months that they claim to have paid Verizon and Security.com in advance to monitor the system. Why would you pay 3 years in advance, that is the stupidest business model I have ever heard of. What if people just stop paying them? They're out all the money they paid upfront.

Frontpoint response

Paul, thank you for sharing this feedback. We are glad to see that you have been working with one of our Support Supervisors, Shane, and that he has been able to address your concerns. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you moving forward.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I recently purchased a DIY Frontpoint security system. While discussing - negotiating - reviewing my specific needs, specific home security system set up etc, I was told many many times by the salespeople that I definitely could add an external alarm siren to my system. I made this very clear up front to the Frrontpoint sales team. They gave me a make - model # for an external siren & advised me to simply call back in when ready to order/install and it would be no problem to add an external alarm siren. Then, when I called back in a couple weeks later - the Frontpoint people - all of them - started looking, and looking and looking and discovered - just as I have - that Frontpoint offers no such external alarm option!!! So, like it or not - or whether Frontpoint wants to admit it or not - their "highly trained sales and customer service people" are flat out lying to new customers!!!

Frontpoint will not even issue a couple months credit towards my alarm monitoring service for all the time/trouble I've had with this issue! By the way - the reason I want an external alarm siren is that if someone does set off my alarm and the panel speaker starts sounding the alarm - it's quite easy for the perpetrator to smash the panel if they can get to it. And if they do not smash the alarm panel speaker and it continues sounding - guess what??? You really cannot even hear it outside the house!!! So, what good is it really? I mean it may scare the perp but the perps know they have 2-3 minutes to grab laptops, guns cash or just anything they see lying around... Perps know this and they also know it typically takes police 10-15 minutes to even make it to the house!!! It's a major metro area! So - guess what again? Your alarm may not be up on the top of the local police dispatch list!!!

Therefore - I discussed all this upfront with the sales people who all wholeheartedly agreed and pointed out how accurate that is... And agreed that an external siren - along with the panel speaker and even a couple more internal sirens are a huge deterrent for the perp to "hang out for even one more second"!!! However - it seems loud sirens both inside and outside are not something Frontpoint is the least bit concerned about nor that their "product team" cares about... Even though it's a proven fact a blaringly loud sirens or better yet multiple blaringly loud sirens that go off instantly the door or window or sensor is breached are the #1 deterrent to get the perp to run away as fast as they can and not waste one more second in your home.

IE - when the perp hears an external alarm siren and the internal sirens all going off screaming out across the neighborhood - they are much more likely to run away as fast as they can without disturbing any belongings!!! But most people are oblivious or simply don't care about an external siren. Well this customer does care. The Frontpoint system does have a "smash protection feature" - which is good and it does dial out to the police on the cellular network that's independent from the house wifi.

I'm very disappointed with my Frontpoint customer experience... I was lied to. Again and again and again and again. Overall - the system is "ok" but for me I want that external siren! And that is something that is such an easy thing to offer/fix/resolve that I'm shocked, appalled and mystified that Frontpoint does not care even slightly about resolving my issue.

Frontpoint response

Kevin, we appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apology for the way you feel you have been treated as it is never our intention to make you feel lied to. Rest assured, we are sending your concerns over to the appropriate teams so that we may look into potential new equipment for future implementation. Thanks again for sharing this feedback as it is feedback, like yours, that helps us to grow as a company.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I had this alarm company for almost 3 years, almost close to renewal. I was very happy and satisfied customer till this last 2 weeks. They sent me a replacement sensor, however, it was broken and some part needs to replaced. Promised to send expedite overnight shipment, after this wait, they have not even processed and shipment didn't go thru. I have no alarm for almost a week they said there is nothing they can do but just wait. Abby was not very verify helpful. The other two rep I spoke with were nice and friendly.

Frontpoint response

Margarita, thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. It is important to us that your system is working exactly how you need it to which is why we are going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to address your concerns in detail. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Wishing we had never ever heard of this company. We have had nothing but problems since day one. This system is installed at our vacation home in Florida. In August the alarm panel went out again - 4th time in a year. With hurricane Irma approaching our area we are left with no security, no cameras, no flood sensor - leaving our home unprotected - UNACCEPTABLE. We have called the past year numerous times and are told the same thing over and over: "If you aren't physically at the panel we can't help you." Kind of defeats the purpose of having an alarm system.

Please don't misunderstand. Their staff is very courteous and have tried to help - it's the equipment that sucks. The equipment is expensive, the cameras are crappy quality, flood sensors don't work, image sensors don't work and the answer for everything is "We need to send you a new panel". We have been given credit after credit, which we appreciate but it doesn't make anything right - our property is still unprotected and vulnerable. We cannot wait until the Is contract expires and we can get a reliable security system.

Frontpoint response

Rhonda, we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We were surprised to see some of the details of your review as they are far from the experiences we aim for our customers. We will have a Support Supervisor go over your account and reach out to you. Thank you again, and we look forward to speaking with you shortly!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

After sending back faulty equipment and having at least 3 false alarms, 2 of which resulted in the police coming to our house, I am fed up with Frontpoint. The customer service reps I spoke with were always nice and helpful, but unfortunately that does not make up for terrible equipment.

Frontpoint response

Kerrie, thank you for bringing this to our attention. One of our Support Supervisors is looking into your account and will be reaching out to make sure you are fully taken care of. Thanks again, and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I had paid this company for 6 straight months while not even having the service activated (build out on the house ran much longer than was told) but still paid them. I then had fraud on my account that was attached for the automatic payment each month and they stopped receive payment. I called them and they stated that my balance was just over $300 and if I call by the 8th of September I would not be sent to collections. Here I am on the 6th and I call to make the payment and was told that I was sent to collections with a new balance of over $1239.75. I obviously had to pay it or my credit would get crushed with a collection on there. Their customer service is garbage. Stay as far away as possible.

Frontpoint response

Michael, thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. Rest assured, one of our Support Supervisors is looking into your account and will reach out to you shortly. We appreciate you sharing with us and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

After getting car broken into decided to get Frontpoint Security System. After two years of making payments and 7+ hours on the phone with them I STILL HAVE A SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT WORK! I've called three times to beg to be released from my contract only to be told I can not get out of it! Worse company ever. I highly recommend anyone who need a protection NOT TO USE THEM. They send equipment and never send anyone to help if you have issues! Terrible.

Frontpoint response

Tara, we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. It is important to us that you receive all the help you need which is why one of our Account Managers is looking into your account and will be reaching out to address your concerns in detail. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Resolution response: Aug. 21, 2017

The issue was resolved by the company professionally and expeditiously. Regard what happened, how they specifically responded responded was acceptable, and it displayed to us that this really is a good company with strong values with the understanding that "making it right" is what counts

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Many people will not believe this, but it actually happened. On three separate occasions, while ordering a different product from Frontpoint, instead of mailing us what we ordered, they mailed us a completely different product. And... Get this... They did it three times. I don't know whether to be suspicious (I am not poignantly naive) or to be angry. Even given this bizarre event, I do feel, -in general-, Frontpoint is a good company.

Frontpoint response

R, we apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced, however, we are happy to see that you are working with one of our Support Supervisors and that they are addressing your concerns. Thanks for your feedback and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you moving forward!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

We purchased this system for our business before we opened. After repeated attempts to install, and repeated conversations with "customer support" I finally gave up because I was so frustrated with trying to install this system on our doors. We have graduated door frames and the little sensors wouldn't line up properly. Then after we opened, we got so busy that I didn't realize how much time had passed and we apparently went past their allowed time to cancel. However, we NEVER ACTIVATED THE SYSTEM. They continued to charge for the monthly monitoring fee (FOR WHAT?) and when I tried to speak to someone about sending the system back and obtaining a refund, I got the runaround and no one will return my calls or emails. I would not recommend this company – never mind their rating.

Resolution response: Aug. 31, 2017

Frontpoint stepped up and resolved the issue.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I arrived at ConsumerAffairs.com after searching to see if other customers were having similar experiences with Frontpoint, and based on recent reviews, it sure seems that they are. I was a victim of the widespread fraud perpetrated by Wells Fargo Bank. I opened a credit line, and later learned the salesperson opened multiple accounts in my name. Accounts that had monthly charges and minimum balance requirements. In trying to fix this and close the fraudulent accounts, I was given the run-around, told that I had opened the accounts, told that there was nothing they could do etc. etc. We all saw how that practice ended for Wells Fargo. What has been bothering me about Frontpoint is that what they are doing to me--and others apparently--makes me feel exactly like I felt as a victim of Wells Fargo.

Here is what happened. I was an early Frontpoint customer in 2009 when I bought a house that did not have an alarm system. I wanted a wireless system and I wanted to control it on my phone. Frontpoint was the only service I could find that would do it. I purchased my own system, installed it, and then connected it to Frontpoint. Everything worked. I put the Frontpoint signs up and even told some neighbors about it. Other Frontpoint signs pop up around the neighborhood.

Fast forward EIGHT years. There are two-midday burglaries within a few doors of our house. My wife and kids are home many days when I am at work. My self-installed system does not have full perimeter monitoring and expanding it that level was outside my abilities. I called Frontpoint to ask about having an expert come enhance the system. They told me they no longer offered that service. Security first. Since Frontpoint won't enhance my system, I have a local Alarm company come out to design and price a full new system. They do, they install it and I also asked them to remove the old system (which I want destroyed as it has codes). The new system works perfectly. Everyone feels secure.

A few days later, I call to cancel my Frontpoint monitoring. This is where things take a bad turn. First, I get connected to a service rep that says they can't help me and since there is a wait time, they will call me back. No one calls back. I call again, and they say the same thing, so I ask to hold and was transferred nearly instantly. I explain that my system is removed and that I need to cancel monitoring. He says, I can't, I am in a contract period. I explain that he is wrong and he was rude so I ask for a manager. The manager then says I signed a contract in 2015. I say please send it to me, I have no recollection of ever signing any contract.

She emails a contract a day later. It is signed by my wife. Apparently a sales rep convinced her that we needed some sort of new transmitter, and she thought she was signing for that. In any event, he emailed the document with my name and signature block to my wife. Who e-signs it. Now, the contract furthers says if the system is removed or destroyed for any reason whatsoever, the monitoring stops.

I email the rep back and explain all this. I get a response that although "I feel" that the signature is not mine their customers are satisfied with e-sign. I tell her I don't "feel" that the signature is not mine, I know that it is my wife's and they know that they sent the document to her. She goes on to say that in any event they "assume" that "whoever signs" is "taking ownership" of the account. I point out that this is absurd. Under no situation can anyone "take ownership" to amend my account. Not even my wife. And spouses do not have any power of attorney.

Frontpoint further has no option for you to remove payment methods. I've never experienced this (not with Netflix, Amazon or any reputable online service). So they plan to just keep stealing from me while making it impossible to stop them. Just like Wells Fargo did. Here is the problem: The sales agent was likely compensated for the fraudulent contract that he generated. The customer service reps are either compensated for keeping the contracts or punished for releasing them. This amounts to no less than the fraudulent conspiracy committed by Wells Fargo.

If Frontpoint takes my money or charges some absurd contract termination fee, I will take them to court and win. They have no contract with my signature. Further, the contract they say they have has a termination provision if the system is destroyed like mine was. If any lawyer wants to aggregate a Class Action, I will gladly join. I would highly advise anyone against doing business with Frontpoint, they clearly have lost their way.

Original review: July 21, 2017

We were behind on our bill and emailed the customer service to let them know when the bill would be paid. Frontpoint then enabled our system to beep/sound off randomly so that we were forced to call them and tell them that our system is going off for no reason. They told us that they intentionally enable the system to go off randomly so that we are forced to call them to make payment arrangements. Unbelievable! We have a baby and Frontpoint intentionally enabled our security system to work against to make us call them. DISGUSTING company. Shame, shame, shame on you.

Frontpoint response

Tracey, we appreciate you bringing this feedback to our attention. We apologize for any poor experience you may have felt you experienced as it is always our goal to create peace of mind for our customers. We want to make sure we make this situation right for you and will be having a Support Supervisor reach out to you shortly. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I recently moved and canceled my service for home security. I moved into a house with someone else who has their own system. I called and gave explicit instructions to "STOP" the automatic withdrawals from my bank account. The representative told me that normally they would request the directive in writing, but he would make an exception and terminate the account. He sent me an email confirming this.

I advised him that the bank account was not being closed, but the account would not have money in it. He understood and said the bank would no longer make withdraws from that account. Unfortunately, Frontpoint continued to make withdraws for 3 months. Every month, I was hit with a $38 "insufficient funds" charge. Every month I would call to Frontpoint and inquire about this blunder. The first excuse was that it takes 30 days to process everything. The excuse for the next two months was that they use a third party and the third party did not implement the required changes. My agreement is with you, not the third party.

Now, they owe me reimbursement for the bank charges. It has been weeks of back and forth and they have not paid the charges. They claimed to have credited my card. I do not have a card and never paid my monthly fee by card. They pulled it from my account, so credit my account. Their Customer Support Manager (Randall**) claims that they have to credit a debit card. I do not have and never had a debit card. He said that is the only way they can credit me. I left him a message and asked him to call me about refunding the fee by check... He has never responded and ignores my calls. Isn't that convenient?

Think about this. It is only $38, but would you open your car window, while driving, and throw $38 out the window? The charges from my bank were a result of Frontpoint's inability to follow directions and implement the necessary changes. They caused the bank charges and now they refuse to reconcile the account. They resolved the first two charges but have not made a sincere effort to resolve the last charge. Frontpoint will not have me as a future customer. I used them for approximately 4 years. When I move again, which will be within the next year, Frontpoint is out. I have been in sales my entire career and you do not treat your customers that way...

Frontpoint response

Phillip, thank you for bringing this refund to our attention. Due to the time and respecting your privacy, we will have an Account Manager reach out to you tomorrow. We want to make sure you are taken care of fully moving forward. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: July 10, 2017

There was numerous failures to respond to inquiries from us as the customer. The biggest is when the alarm was sounded and our phones were never called. They claimed "our logs show we called all three phones" yet ALL THREE smartphones had no missed calls. Later I confirmed that Verizon could prove they never called any of the numbers. They say they didn't send the police because the alarm was "eventually disarmed" but what if a burglar had put a gun to my wife's head to disarm the alarm? Frontpoint put my family's lives in danger. Then on MULTIPLE attempts to call and ask why they didn't call, they seldom (2 out of 8 emails/voicemails) responded because their service hours are limited. Perhaps they've got too big to handle their customers as I read all these good reviews yet we have 5-6 major failures of their service in just a few months with them.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I was quoted over $300 to install the system. When I said it was too much he went to talk to his "boss" and came back to tell me they could give it to me for $99.95 which was the price listed on the internet. Before they send you the contract so you are able to read it or terms they ask to charge your account the $95.99. I made the mistake of saying yes, then after reading the contract and the deception about the price I decided against it. The charge is still on my account 6 days later. The sales person emailed me about my decision and called to ask why I didn't want it. I thought that was excessive. So my advice is to not give them permission to charge your account until you read the contract.

Frontpoint response

Debbie, we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. Rest assured, one of our Support Supervisors is looking into your account and will be reaching out to you shortly to make sure you receive that refund. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: June 5, 2017

If you activate your system on Day 1, this means you have 365 days of protection. If you do not activate your system you have no protection. But you pay exactly the same amount as if you had activated your system. So option #1 (activate) gives you all the protections that Frontpoint has to offer, vs. option #2 (don't activate) which gives you absolutely no protection. Frontpoint charges the same amount, regardless of whether you choose option #1 or option #2. And you're stuck in a 1-year min contract.

The bigger issue, for me, is that Frontpoint does not seem to have any actual customer relations people. All they have is salespeople. So if you have a legitimate complaint, do not expect it to be addressed. Expect the "customer service rep" (a salesperson) to sidestep all your questions. Do not expect direct answers to direct questions (e.g., "What is 2+2?" Response: "You have to understand that our suppliers..."). Never before have I encountered a "customer service" chain that consisted of nothing but salespeople. Frontpoint might provide good protection, but they do not provide good customer support. (And I have to wonder how many people they have screwed over by charging for services they weren't actually providing.)

Frontpoint response

Steve, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are surprised to read some of the details of your review as they are far from the quality of service we aim to provide all of our customers. Rest assured, one of our Support Supervisors is looking into your account and will be reaching out to you shortly to make sure you are taken care of moving forward. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: May 28, 2017

I called Frontpoint for an estimate on my home security needs and was very happy when I found their price for equipment almost $800 less than competitors. The representative promised me that the equipment will be overnighted and at the end of our conversation he said that I could not be overnighted after I already agreed to the contract. When I did finally receive my equipment it was very difficult to put in, unlike the way it was described by the representative as "easy as putting on a refrigerator magnet." After I finally got the equipment installed, the doorbell camera is not working. There is no technical support after hours only in answering service. I am very unhappy about this as I am trying to secure a home with thousands of dollars worth of furniture in it That I have not yet fully moved into.

Frontpoint response

Crystal, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention! It is important to us that you feel safe and secure which is why we are going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to you to address all of your concerns in detail. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: May 21, 2017

My alarm has gone off twice now and no one ever called me from the company. I called them and they say they show no alarms went off. Another strike against them. I let it go for over 2 min. Just to see if they would contact me. No one ever did.

Frontpoint response

Linda, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and are glad to see that you were able to speak with one of our Support Supervisors in regards to your concerns. Thanks again and we wish you the best of luck with all of your security needs moving forward.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Consider waking up at 5 am and trying to use the app to disarm your system. The app doesn't work. You have to go to the panel and shut it off there. Then try the app on another device... fail. Try to logon to Frontpoint... fail. Try to get technical assistance but you can't because, THEY ARE CLOSED. I believe I should've stayed with an ADT system over these guys. At least I would get support. We relied on the app due to the house layout. Now it's useless thus rendering the system useless. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. Lack of 24 hr tech support should be enough to kill this deal.

Updated on 05/17/2017: I just want to make it clear that Frontpoint contacted me as they said they would. We went over the issue and found a solution to a possible future problem. Everything is running perfectly and I even have a ready fallback. Problem resolved. Thanks Frontpoint.

Frontpoint response

Edward, thank you for your feedback regarding this matter. It is always our goal to be available to assist with any concerns that may arise with your system. As we want to ensure that you are getting the best service possible, one of our Support Supervisors will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your concerns. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention, and we hope to speak with you soon.

Original review: May 9, 2017

The system itself works fine are a joke. I have been in IT for 20+ years and have never seen customer service like this. Promise one thing then immediately turn around and do another. Even under contract. Also the deceitfulness when you have a rep on the phone. Just to get another customer trapped into the 3yr contract. What is really sad is that I did not see this site for reviews prior to signing up. Seems that the past few months have been getting worse. Fix your issues before you end up at the bottom of the list.

Frontpoint response

Bill, it is never our goal to have a customer see us as deceitful and we apologize if this is how any interactions have made you feel. Frontpoint prides itself on being a 100% transparent on all accounts and work hard to maintain this standard. As we want to ensure that we are upholding those standards, we will have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to you to discuss your specific situation. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: May 2, 2017

First when I called this agents was supposed to help set up the camera but he was just insulting my English skill the whole time. He didn't asked me the right question by saying to look for WSP on my Wi-Fi router instead he just asked me for the router model number so I didn't know which one he referred to the security system or the router. So as time goes on this agent requested me to sent him the picture of the router and he finally mentioned the Wi-Fi router so he asked me to go on browser to open up their page.

He talked so fast that I can't hear what he said. Finally this is the insult part he said cullin cullin I don't even know what it means. So I asked him to spell it. He literally laughing in the background and exhale as if he's stupid I was so we go on again try to lock into the computer. This agents while he was waiting he literally changed up on me and never called back although he got my number because is on the account. This person Alba ** whatever the hell he was just plain down Rude FRONTPOINT.

IF your company allowing your agents to treated customer like this then I go somewhere else when my contract is up and on the previous agents I called about changing the batteries also rude as this agent he asked me to remove the battery to replace a new one, so I tried my very best and in the process my nail got flip and go backward and I was bleeding. The agents didn't even care bit and just want me to keep going and made a comment about it only normally takes 5 min to replaced the battery so my system is apart.

Then this agent just tell me he'll send me a new one and didn't even make sure my system it's fine when it arm and didn't even bother to confirm the address to send the new system to then of course it went to the wrong place and I have to go pick it up and my place was not armed for 3 days. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. It's good product but they will have no sympathy to your safety and compassion towards people with English difficulties. Very, very bad customer services.

Original review: April 26, 2017

This is a DIY security system with phone installation support. The door sensors are a pair of flimsy, foam stickers that stick to the outside of the door and the frame. They protrude out, are quite visibly noticeable, and are easily detached. The glass break sensor did not detect clapping unless standing within 5 feet of it. So if you need this to work, you will need to buy several for your doors and windows.

The first false alarm that was activated was simply that (an alarm), Frontpoint did not notify police and there is no live person coming on over the main box to ask the person to identify themselves. I'm pointing this out because CPI does have a live person immediately speaking through the box asking for identification and the password. With CPI if you are unable to identity yourself and give the password, a second series of even louder alarms is sent off with authorities called to the scene.

The second false alarm, Frontpoint called my cell phone and asked for the password. I gave them both passwords. The genius on the other end told me it was the wrong password because I was combining the two together and would not cancel the alarm. The police were called, and were very upset with me that my alarm system was not registered with the city. At no point during the sales pitch or installation did Frontpoint tell me I needed to register the system with the police department. Seems like an important point to go over with the customer. Frontpoint seems like a cheap, unsophisticated security system with my experience so far.

Frontpoint response

Kylee, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention! One of our Support Supervisors is looking into these alarm events and will reach out to you shortly to discuss everything in detail. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: April 24, 2017

Let me start by saying, anywhere that requires you to write a letter to cancel your service is a SCAM. I have now learned this valuable lesson. Another telltale sign is a long contract. Frontpoint has a minimum contract length of 3 years! That's ludicrous considering there is absolutely no reason why there should be a contract. Why shouldn't I be able to discontinue my service if I'm not happy? Anyway, the reason I'm writing this complaint is I wrote my cancellation letter and they wrote back saying my formatting wasn't correct and because of that I have to rewrite my letter. I'm not sure if this was some kind of prank, but I'd like my money refunded for the 2 months after my original cancellation letter was sent.

Frontpoint response

Pat, we appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us. Rest assured, one of our Support Supervisors is looking into your account and will reach out to you shortly to make sure you are entirely taken care of. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: April 19, 2017

They only know if there is a problem with your home monitor station if 24 hours goes by and they don't receive communication from your home monitor. What this means is that if for some reason communication is lost (weak satellite signal, or cell tower problem) you could be unmonitored for up to 24 hours for break-in or fire. They have no way of knowing if your system is working for up to 24 hours between the last time your system notified them. They don't tell you this when they sell you the system. So if you think your family is protected in case of a fire, and for some reason they lost communication with your station, it could be 24 hours before you are notified. That's supposed to make you feel safe if there is a fire?

If you call and ask a customer support person about this, they will tell you this exact thing, but if you don't know to ask, then they won't tell you. And almost nobody knows to ask. And if they tell you that it is very rare to lose communication with your station, don't believe it. They lost communication with our station twice in one week, 3 times in two months. And although they claimed they sent us an email, we NEVER got any notification. No email, message or phone call. This is a joke! They sell you false peace of mind. You are taking a chance that you will never lose service, and if you do, that nothing will happen between the 24 hour window when they wait to hear from your station. Very misleading sales pitch! It's like buying insurance that sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't.

Frontpoint response

Perry, we appreciate you taking the time to share your story with us. We are sorry to hear about the negative experience you had, however, we are happy to see that you were able to speak with one of our Support Supervisors and that they were able to help you. Thanks again for your feedback and we wish you the best of luck with all of your security needs going forward.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I was actually considering Frontpoint, however, the salesman tried to make me feel uncomfortable with my "manhood" when I said I wanted to speak with my wife regarding the financial commitment we would be making for this service. I was told in a sarcastic tone, "After you get your wife's permission, give us a call back." Sorry fella, I like to make sure my wife and I are on the same page when it comes to our finances and any monthly commitment we will be making with our money. Because you tried to play a sexist and douchey card with me, I will not be using your service.

Frontpoint response

Chris, we first want to apologize for the way you were treated during your sales process as it is far from the quality of service we aim to provide all of our customers. Rest assured, one of our Sales Managers is looking into those interactions and will take any and all necessary action to ensure this does not happen again moving forward. Thanks again and we wish you the best of luck with all of your security needs going forward!

Original review: March 31, 2017

I know that you should always read the fine print but everything has a military clause, for the sole reason of supporting the military lifestyle we move A LOT! Well not FRONTPOINT nope. They've looped their contract a million different ways. We as military earn the right to a lot one being a home loan. Being a specialist I took advantage of that. I bought my first home and TRUSTED the person on the other end because of the whole we understand military pitch. Turns out now that I'm having to sell my home to move back home until I get on my feet as tied to a 24month contract with these guys that want 800! For ending the contract early. So they pitch to me, "Hey you can transfer your security system which is just a toy of a security system anyway."

It's been saying ración not responding meaning the system is dead for like 3 months and no one's called, verified everything is okay or nothing. I could be rotting and they wouldn't notice as long as that monthly payment which is mandatory on auto pay goes through and I only got it to reduce my home owner's insurance policy so I didn't care that it didn't really do anything. But all the homes even rentals have security systems already not to mention who wants to take on more bills. So I ask for a copy of the contract. Turns out their military accommodations is just them saying "we'll do a temp pause on your monthly payment but we'll add that pause to your end of contract date so we're still gonna hold you to it." Forget that you were deployed or are out of the military and had to sell your home and feed three children. STAY AWAY! Gonna keep posting this until it helps someone.

Resolution response: March 29, 2017

Front point did call me back. Although it wasn't the same night that I had issues, as they said they would, they did finally did call me the next morning. They worked on trouble shooting the issues and proposed a fix. Time will tell if it works.

Apparently there is a signal delay which means that the signal doesn't reach Front Point ComSys for a while and can causes false alarms. A fix may or may not work in this instance for this system.

I have been a customer for over 4 years. The only suggestion I might make to Front Point is that they had a tech on duty at night. That is when break ins often happen and when people want to feel the most secure. No one wants to talk to an answering service when they are frightened or have a false alarm and they police are dispatched.

Original review: March 26, 2017

After I had been home for 5 minutes, I received a text stating a possible break in at my house. I called Frontpoint to see what was going on. I realized that when I entered my house and turned off my alarm, through some faulty error it came across to Frontpoint dispatch as a possible break in (even though it was just me entering my home as usual). Although during my original agreement, Frontpoint said they would make 3 separate calls before they dispatched the police, they did not try to contact me; I know because I was in my house and my phone nor my cell phone rang. The Police were dispatched. I asked them to cancel the call to the Police since this is the 3rd false alarm in the past 12 months.

When I went to call them back to find out about fixing my faulty system, they said they would have someone call me back immediately. That was two hours ago and I am still waiting for the call. It is 10:30 PM at night. Two different emergency reps said they would call me right back. Neither has. I am more worried about the Police filing a report against me for too many false alarms than I am against having a burglar. I gave Frontpoint a 4 star because they used to have really great customer service but now they have left me in the lurch. This is my 4th year with them. I think as the systems get older they start having issues.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I left a review on yelp.com, but am also leaving a review here due to continued harassment from this company. Called them 5 days ago, spoke to a salesperson. Received an email quote. The next day, Saturday, I called to ask for clarification regarding the quote. Nobody answered the phone, I left no message. During the course of that day, I received eight phone calls from Frontpoint but they did not leave voicemails which very unprofessional. I then started receiving numerous emails spams from this company relentlessly harassing me.

After leaving a negative review on Yelp, a manager quickly responded on yelp.com, asking me to submit an email to WeCare@FrontPoint.com giving them various information. I did this yesterday. Have gotten no response, no apology, nothing. Received yet another spam email today. Should also note, I have responded to every email spam I've gotten asking them to take me off their list. I have additionally hit unsubscribe at the end of the email to no avail. Avoid this company at all costs, they will harass the heck out of you. Also, you're required to leave your email address and phone number in order to get a quote and that's when the fun begins.

Frontpoint response

Katherine, thank you for bringing this situation to our attention and we apologize for the amount of calls you received as it is never our goal to have our customers feel harassed. We would like to make this situation right which is why we have had one of our Sales Managers attempt to contact you. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon so we can address all of your concerns in detail.

Original review: March 2, 2017

My ex husband and I purchased the Frontpoint system over 2.5 years ago. The account was always paid up to date. When I ended my 31 year marriage due to extreme emotional abuse, I was extremely traumatized, and in deep grieving. My alarm system went off, and instead of calling my daughter, they called my ex. Triggering a terrible reaction. I called them, explained the situation, and asked them to please remove his name from the contact list.

The alarm went off again. They once again called my ex husband and I, through tears, pleaded with them to "Please remove his name. Call my daughter. Let me give you one of my son's names." Frontpoint said he would remain a contact if the alarm went off until the contract was up in July of 2017. This was the summer of 2016. I have great credit. I always pay my bills. That's how I was raised. I keep my word. This is how Frontpoint operates. It should have been an easy fix. They preferred to traumatize a good customer. DO NOT GET FRONTPOINT. Unless, of course, you find it amusing to abuse abused women.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention! It is important to us that you feel safe and secure which is why we have one of our Support Supervisors attempting to contact you. At your earliest convenience, please give our Supervisor a call back and he will be more than happy to assist you. Thanks again and we hope to hear from you soon!

Frontpoint Company Information