3.6/5 (77 ratings)
Call Center Open

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Top Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Verified

… I’ve been with a dozen other security companies and never had such a great experience as I’ve had with Frontpoint. If you’re reading this and having second thoughts spend a litt...

Verified

Frontpoint security was super easy to install and learn how to use. The price is right too. I own a physical medicine clinic and we put up cameras in all the public places to keep...

What is Frontpoint?

Frontpoint is a home security company that offers wireless systems with integrated smart home technologies. The Frontpoint Hub and Keypad act as the system’s command center, with cellular connection to 24/7 professional monitoring. You can control a Frontpoint system using the company app, Google Home or Alexa. The company gives customers the option to choose one of its home security packages or design their own system with add-ons like cameras and sensors. Each system comes with a 30-day, risk-free trial.

Frontpoint security costs

At the time of publishing, Frontpoint security package pricing ranges from $99 to $479.90. Package options include Safe Home Starter, Safe Home Everyday, Safe Home Select and Safe Home Preferred. You can also build your own system. The company partners with Affirm to offer 0% APR financing to those who qualify. The cost for monitoring is $50 a month.

Frontpoint security packages

All Frontpoint alarm packages come with the central Hub and Keypad, at least two door and window sensors, at least one motion sensor, a set of window decals, a yard sign and door stickers.

Safe Home StarterSafe Home EverydaySafe Home SelectSafe Home Preferred

Safe Home Everyday$295.9423
Safe Home Select$383.9224
Safe Home Preferred$479.9025

Frontpoint monitoring costs

Monitoring with Frontpoint costs $50 a month. Both plans come with crash and smash protection, automated system checks, remote access and control, mobile alerts and unique user codes. The Ultimate Plan also includes motion-triggered alerts, light control, live video streaming and smart lock control.

Frontpoint security equipment

Frontpoint’s build-your-own option lets you design the right protection package for your home. You can mix and match equipment if you have more specific needs than what’s offered with Frontpoint security packages. In addition to sensors and indoor cameras, Frontpoint has a variety of popular security equipment add-ons.

frontpoint smart door lock
Smart Door Lock
  • Free cloud video storage
  • Bank-grade encryption
  • $119.99*
frontpoint wireless light control
Wireless Light Control
  • Control with system and mobile app
  • Works with lamps and small appliances
  • $39.99*
frontpoint doorbell camera
Doorbell Camera
  • Two-way audio and night vision
  • Comes with three-year warranty
  • $119.99*
frontpoint garage door tilt sensor
Garage Door Tilt Sensor
  • Built-in smart sensor
  • Sends real-time notifications
  • $19.99*

*As of publishing date.

Frontpoint Security FAQ

Do you have to install Frontpoint yourself?

Yes, you have to install Frontpoint yourself. Security equipment devices come preprogrammed to make setup and utilization easier. Each product includes instructions for installation. Frontpoint also posts videos on its website with visual directions.

Even though Frontpoint tries to make it as easy as possible, some consumers still find the installation process difficult or confusing. If you have any issues installing a system, reach out to Frontpoint customer service for guidance.

Can I use Frontpoint without monitoring?

Not really. You can’t get Frontpoint without a monitoring contract, and Frontpoint equipment only works with the monitoring app.

Does Frontpoint have outdoor cameras?

Yes, Frontpoint sells outdoor cameras for $135.99 as of the publishing date. They include nighttime vision with infrared technology.

How much does Frontpoint cost per month?

Frontpoint monitoring costs {starting_price:16354}. On the lower end, Frontpoint’s monitoring plan includes 24/7 professional monitoring, automated system checks, mobile alerts and monitoring. For a higher price, you can get features like live streaming, night vision, light and smart lock control and motion-triggered alerts.

What is Frontpoint’s return policy?

Frontpoint has a 30-day risk-free trial period. During this time, customers can install the system in their homes and try it to see if it fits their lifestyle. Within 30 days, customers can return the system using free shipping for a full refund.

Is Frontpoint security good?

Frontpoint provides a selection of prebuilt packages at price points to fit a variety of budgets. It can be a smart option for customers who don’t mind DIY system installation. You can select from packages or customize a system to make sure you have the right amount of protection for your property. The company claims its systems can save you up to 20% on homeowners insurance.

However, some dissatisfied customers described difficulty reaching Frontpoint customer service representatives. If you aren’t sure Frontpoint is right for you, compare Frontpoint vs. ADT or Simplisafe vs. Frontpoint.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

We have had Front Point for a number of years at least 5 years. Front Point has always responded within moments when we failed to sign or when we accidentally set the alarm off. Your recent offer to upgrade our cell phone at no cost to us was outstanding. The directions supplied with the unit was excellent and I was able to do it myself in a few minutes.

Your offer of 2 months free service for a renewal was only topped by exchanging that offer for a "Alarmed front door lock and a garage sensor both of which, I have been wanting for a number of years. The installation was very easy, the issue I had with the garage sensor was addressed in a 1 minute phone call to Front Point Service. The lock was a Yale lock that would have costed $300++ if purchased directly from Yale. We are very happy with the quality of your service and equipment.

Bill **

Frontpoint response

Bill- Thank you for your years of loyalty to Frontpoint Security! We are so happy that you have enjoyed the ease that comes with our equipment set up as well as the service that our team has provided for you so far. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance!

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

We were with AT&T and the fee was higher. We went with Frontpoint which was a lot lower. Through the years, Frontpoint went up also. Frontpoint is good. The only thing that's different is we got a new system because the initial one didn't work right. We got the other one with the box. It is called the hub. It's a little pad and it's separate. With the old one, when you would open any of the doors, you would hear a loud beep and it would say the door that's open. We like that one better. This new one does say it too but if you're on the other side of the house, you can hear something talking. It's not as loud as the old one.

Customer service was great. The system came in the mail and we did the installation. We have sensors within the house for the first unit. When I called and asked Frontpoint if my sensors will work in one of the doors, the rep said everything was hooked up to the new one. But we didn't test the sensors because we just use them on stay when we’re here.

Frontpoint response

Dottie- Thank you for taking the time to review Frontpoint Security! We are so glad that you are liking your new system. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need any assistance.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

My experience with Frontpoint has been positive. I heard about them back in 2014 and I've been a satisfied customer ever since. The system is simple to set up and easy to operate. The equipment itself was not expensive at all and they give a lot of discounts whenever you need a significant amount of equipment. The customer support is very responsive and never tries to upsell their stuff. One of the reps was telling me how I can buy sensors for their system off of Amazon instead of buying it directly from them. They offer warranties if you buy the hardware through them but they also made sure to make me aware of other options, which is something I admire about their customer support.

I initially had a set of 15 sensors and I extended my setup six months ago. I moved to a new property and I needed a lot more hardware so I bought maybe 30 new sensors. We've been satisfied. I call Frontpoint whenever I need assistance and they're very prompt. Instructions are easy. They supported me a lot during the hardware upgrades I had to do and they offered a lot of good prices. The web panel they have is advanced and there are a lot of options to name the sensor so you know if one of them goes faulty. I recommended Frontpoint to a few friends.

Frontpoint response

Ahmed- Thank you for your kind words and for your many years of loyalty to Frontpoint Security! We are so happy that you have enjoyed working with our team and that our customer support has served you well.

Original review: July 5, 2022

We recently came back to Frontpoint. We started using them almost seven years ago. We just did a web search and we called a few companies, and we liked the fact that they let you purchase your equipment so that you own it outright. Their system is able to run on cellular backup if you don't have Wi-Fi. The price was really good as well. But at the time, we wanted a security system because we were living in a neighborhood that wasn't the safest, and it gave us extra peace of mind. It definitely makes us feel more secure, especially in the new house we just moved into, one of our children's bedrooms is on the front of the house. We were able to put sensors on his windows so we know he's safe at night, and the system's plenty loud. We have experienced before where we've actually set it off, and they called us very quickly to make sure that we were okay.

The system was really easy to set up. All of the sensors seem to be working really well. We haven't had any issues with it. The representatives are always really nice and very helpful. We absolutely trust Frontpoint with monitoring our home. The systems are very affordable. They're super easy to set up. They offer you pretty much any sensor you could want to monitor anything you're worried about, which is great. We're very happy with Frontpoint and with our system.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I was looking for a security system for my house. I talked to my co-workers and they pay every month. They pay to have their cameras in their system plus they pay for the service. I didn't want to do that. I wanted to just buy it and let that be it. I went on Amazon and saw Frontpoint. They said that it would just be a monthly service and that was why I picked them. They had the things that I needed. I could pick whichever one works for me, however many door sensors or cameras I needed. I could hook it up myself and I ain't need a whole lot of people to come hook up the security system. My daughter and I hooked it up together and it was very easy. You don't have to be tech savvy. All you have to know is how to read and follow instructions and you could hook it up.

I like Frontpoint. You can see clearly on the bell. It records through your phone. You can talk through the ring doorbell. When the door is open, it lets you know what door is open. It's amazing and I feel more safe having it. If we forgot to set the alarm in the house, we could still set it from our phones, which is perfect. I will always recommend it to anybody. I recommended it to a lady that work in my dental office. I also recommended it to two of my cousins.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

When we needed to set up our new hub and replacement door sensors the phone support could not have been easier! These guys have it down and make you feel like you know what you are doing! Thanks Frontpoint! You’re the best!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

You will need to phone me, the feedback changed from good to very bad. I can provide feedback directly to Better Business Bureau and other avenues that deal with companies that severely drop the ball and left customers without any service.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

1. I experienced a bait-and-switch - the app was awesome during the trial period, then all of its nice features and visibility disappeared to a point of it becoming useless.

2. I made 3 attempts to ask customer service to correct that. They were rejected, unless I agreed to pay an additional $10 to the already high $35/month monitoring fee (similar companies charge half of that monthly fee anyway).
    3. I attempted to cancel your service, which resulted in a threat that I need to pay over a thousand dollars in contract fees (I did sign a 3-year contract with them).

4. When I finally cancelled my service now, after my contract has expired, they managed to put one final nail in the coffin by forcing me to pay for an additional month of service (it was impossible to cancel without "agreeing" to pay an additional $35 for an extra month of service I don't need. Recommend people go with SimpliSafe instead.

Frontpoint response

Nick- We are sorry if you have experienced any frustration while working with our team here at Frontpoint Security. At the time when you purchased your system in 2019 we offered 2 different versions of monitoring plans. During your trial period you were able to use features that were part of the higher tier monitoring plan and the 30 day trial period they were no longer available. We realize this can be confusing so have since restructured the monitoring plans so it is clear what features are or are not included with each customers plan prior to 30 day trial period. If you would like to dicuss your experience further please contact us via the below link so we can gather any addtional feedback for future improvements: https://www.frontpointsecurity.com/contact

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

Every associate with whom I have ever dealt has been an outstanding representative of the Frontpoint organization. No matter what the issue, from Sales to Service, each has been a pleasant experience. I have been a customer of Frontpoint going on ten years this year. I love the technology, but your customer service cannot be beat!

Frontpoint response

David- Thank you for taking the time to review Frontpoint Security and for your many kind words about our team! We appreciate the 5-star recommendation and are so glad that you have enjoyed your experience with us so far. Please let us know if you ever need any assistance in the future!

Resolution response: Jan. 26, 2023

Thank you for doing the right thing. It is unfortunate that it took a public posting to get there. But I do appreciate the follow through.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I signed up for Frontpoint in 2018 and was sent magnet sensors for all my doors/windows, paying $45/mo for monitoring. In 2020, I had vandalization happen to a vehicle parked in front of my house. So I called and asked about cameras. I explained that I wanted to be able to see live what is happening and also return to review past recordings. I got 3 cameras and signed a new contract in October 2020 for 36 months. After receiving the cameras, I called for help to install. I explained my plan for the cameras and was advised by the agent that they don't actually work as I was originally told.

The cameras are trigger recording, not live recordings. If triggered, they would record 60 seconds of data. And while there may be numerous 60 second recordings in a row, if there were too many, older recordings would be deleted. So in the example of the vandalism to my vehicle, if it occurred early in the day, and then people walked by or a cat crossed the yard, by the time I discovered the damage and checked my recordings, the clip with the vandalism may have already been deleted. I was very upset but told that I signed a contract and there was nothing I could do. Being that my new billing was now $50/mo rather than $45/mo, I didn't fuss a ton about the additional $5 monthly charge for the cameras and accepted their offer to waive my monthly service fees for like 3 months.

In October 2022, I sat in my driveway and watched my son climb through a window that was supposed to be monitored. I logged into my Frontpoint app and looked at the history. Nothing was triggered. It was after Frontpoint support hours, and by the time they were open, I had forgotten to reach out - just being honest in this review.

On December 31, 2022 I was going to be out for the evening and my teens would be home. So I set the alarm shortly after leaving. Just after 1am, I received a notification that my alarm was triggered by someone opening my garage door. My teens texted me stating it was them. So I sent a command to disable the alarm. Then I received a notification that my alarm had a low battery. And shortly thereafter, a notification that was system was offline. My teens advised that in order to stop the alarm, they had unplugged the system from the wall outlet. The following day, I was discussing with my teens and they let me know that this is how they avoid the alarm in general, by unplugging it. I'm planning to move soon, so I decided to just look at cancelling this service that clearly isn't even working.

If my teens can open windows that are supposed to be armed, and can unplug the system to stop an alarm without any consequence, that is not a working alarm system. So on January 4, I looked up my contract to understand what I was facing. My contract was signed in October 2020 for 36 months. So I was looking at 9 or 10 months left. The cancellation section states early cancellation fee is 80% of the remaining balance of the contract. At $50 per month for 10 months, 80% would be $400.

I called Frontpoint to discuss this. I explained to the agent all my concerns and some of the historical concerns. He agreed that the cameras I was sold did not record like I had intended until they made changes to their services in October 2022 (2 years after I had purchased the cameras) and that now I can purchase an SD card for each one if I want them to record 24/7. He offered to send me a new battery for my unit so that unplugging it wouldn't turn off the system. All great solutions, years after the issues started. I explained that I'm moving, so I don't really need to fix any of this, I just want to cancel. And that it should not be this easy to bypass the alarm system (unplugging the unit is WAY too easy). He discussed free transfer to my new house.

I explained that my new house already has a working alarm system and live camera recording and its only $10/mo. He suggested I transfer the remainder of my contract to a family member or friend. I explained that I can't in good conscience recommend this system to anyone else. So he offered to send me a cancellation link and advised it would be $700+ to cancel. I asked why and he said my contract is until August 2024. I pointed out that the contract I signed is for 36 months starting in October 2020, and that the cancellation fee would be $400, but that I would like them to just waive it as a courtesy for all the issues.

He placed me on hold to contact a supervisor. When he came back, he advised they would be willing to honor my contract as a courtesy, but not waive the cancellation. Honor my contract as a courtesy. Not a legality. LOL! I spoke to the supervisor who stated the same. I told the supervisor that honoring the contract isn't a concession, it's a legal duty. He told me the contract states this system is completely self service and it's not their problem if it isn't working as advertised.

Frontpoint response

Stacia- We apologize for any miscommunication, but are happy we were able to reach out to you again and reach a satisfacotry resolution. Our goal is to ensure our customers feel secure and satisfied with thier systems. When that's not the case we try to make things right. If after your recent conversations with our team you still have additional feedback please contact our team using the link below: https://www.frontpointsecurity.com/contact

Frontpoint Company Information