Call toll free
4.38/5
Based on 1,009 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

6762 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Best investment in a property we've made so far! I especially love having the app and the convenience of knowing when each door opens and closes. Having the peace of mind of being able to remotely lock and unlock the doors when I am away so our caregiver of our dogs can enter the house without panicking about disarming the system makes traveling so much more fun. You don't have to worry about the house when you're away because Frontpoint is at the guard for you.

Thanks Frontpoint!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Frontpoint asked for my business and I gave it to them. I liked the rep and what he had to offer so I signed up. There are several wireless things around that I did the same thing and I had experience with the installation before so it was very easy for me. Also, I’m looking at adding some cameras and maybe some smoke detectors. Frontpoint's service seems to be pretty good so far and the cost seems fair.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Frontpoint has really good reviews and all the individual types of equipment that I can pick and choose if I wanted. Also, I like the do-it-yourself quick installation so I chose them as a security system for a new home. I had a general idea of what I wanted but I didn't know specifically and their reps were very helpful. They gave me enough information that helped me figure out what I needed versus what I didn't absolutely need. It was nice to be able to pick and choose. And the installation was super easy and very simple. One time, I had a question and I called in. It turned out I had a defective piece of equipment and they sent me another piece which I had a few days later so, it was great.

I use the smartphone features every day and it takes a while to log in sometimes. So, if I get a notification on my phone that says my doorbell camera went off, by the time it falls off, 10 seconds later, the person is already gone. Or if I have a package at my door and the guy presses the button, by the time I'm able to log in and pull it up, there's a long enough delay to where I can't see it live. But I have video footage that I can go back and see. Other than that, having Frontpoint gives me more peace of mind than if I just had dogs barking. It gives me comfort and the the upfront costs were fine. The monthly cost is a little high, though, and there were similar options with a little cheaper monthly payments when I shopped around but overall, I'm very satisfied with the system. I would certainly recommend them to others.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

A family issue occurred that we felt the need to watch the house a bit closer. I was doing a website review of different companies and I ran across Frontpoint. I got introduced to their product and it looked good. The reps weren’t pushy and the information they provided answered all my questions so I had a very good interaction with them. The installation was straightforward once I sat down and understood how it worked. I had no problems at all. I went online and looked at the description. The product presentation and the boxes appeared to be of good quality. The security system is doing what we needed it to do.

We use the smartphone feature all the time which allows us to activate and disarm. It’s usually responsive. Once in a while, we have to wait a little bit but it’s minimal. The cost is very good for the quality and since having the system, I have peace of mind that it’s there and it’s on. If the monthly fee is less, I would be able to save but other than that, people should look at it.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Our experience with Frontpoint was just OK, until it came to canceling service. We were customers for almost 4 years, fulfilled our obligations, and the monitoring of the system was fine. The app worked. Our equipment worked, except for the cameras that were constantly losing connection. I'd have given them 4/5 stars to that point.

The issue became cancellation. BEWARE! I called and spoke to someone on a weekend who, of course, couldn't cancel my service because they were not a "specialist". I did finally speak with the specialist and between waiting on hold and getting an unbelievably hard sell, spent 30 minutes canceling our monitoring. As a courtesy, I forwarded along the information to our realtor so the buyers could use the system.

I proceeded to get another bill and inquired. Evidently my service wasn't canceled and was going to be charged for yet another month. They wanted the cancelation in writing, which was never told to me by phone. So, Frontpoint gets an extra hundred bucks from me for nothing. This is clearly deceptive and by design. There is audio of my initial call somewhere proving that I was never told to submit anything in writing. That's ok. In the interim, I've had 2 families ask about security and spoken with the realtor. I've steered each AWAY from Frontpoint.

Frontpoint response

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us. It is important to us that we address all of your concerns and make sure you are taken care of so we are going to have one of our Account Supervisors reach out to assist you. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I called to sign up with Frontpoint and they charged me and did a hard inquiry on my credit, then told me there was an issue with my address so they tried to trick their system by putting in a false city and state, which obviously didn’t work. They don’t service my area, so now I’m left with still no refund- $382 taken out of my bank, and an inquiry on my credit score and nobody is getting back to me. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are glad to see that you were able to speak with one of our Account Specialists and that they were able to assist you with the return of your system. Thanks again and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you moving forward.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I ended up liking Frontpoint based on what I read then the initial sales rep got me setup with everything I needed. All was well with that part and the installation was fine as well. The system's features are also all good except for one really big issue. Frontpoint is lacking two-factor authentication and that's a major drop-off in security. A lot of my accounts have been stolen and hacked, and anything not protected by two-factor is susceptible to being taken.

I’ve had at least two fairly heated phone calls, not that the reps I spoke to were unknowledgeable, but I ended up getting somewhat upset on both instances because of the fact of the matter. In my mind, I was paying for something that was useless. For all I know, hackers can monitor the cameras and come and go as they please since the combination to disarm the alarm is made available right on a website. It’s displayed right there as soon as you get to that page. You don’t know it’s there until you go there and then you see it. At that point, it would be too late. That is goofy.

When you navigate to the page, it should be hidden first of all then if the customer is daring enough, they can decide to reveal it. Frontpoint should at least have that feature. That way, if hackers were only able to monitor your screen, you can just not click on that. That one little addition would be super easy too. Actually, two-factor authentication would probably be super easy to add too. A lot of other companies can do it. So why can’t Frontpoint? It's actually a security company, whereas a lot of these other companies that have it aren’t. They’re just ordinary businesses that care about the security of their customers. I would think security companies would be like the first people to be on board with security features like two-factor.

Frontpoint response

Brad, we appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us. It is feedback, like yours, that truly helps us grow as a company. Thank you again and please let us know if there is anything else we can ever do to assist you moving forward.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I had a home security system which was installed by a bigger supplier that I didn't like. I couldn't tell whether it was actually working. I did some research, looked at SimpliSafe and a couple of other providers and found that Frontpoint had really good customer service. I went with them and I had people helping me with the process of setting their system up. I had a couple of problems that were managed through them. The process was really easy and I never had trouble working with people or getting their reps to answer the phone to help me.

Since the installation, I've found that my system has good features. I like that fact that I can get what I need on my cell phone. That's really important to me 'cause then I can see what's happening and whether or not the system is working. I can activate and deactivate the system with my phone. The app is easy to use and the cell phone features are easy to set up.

However, as I was working with Frontpoint, I found that they weren't big on camera setups and doorbells. I was briefed on why that is the case. While I'm going to get those things on my system eventually, I know it's not something that's generally monitored. Also, with Frontpoint, I think the cost is a little stiff on the monitoring. I know it's probably around the industry standard, but as compared to other monitoring services, it's kind of high. If there is anything that would drive me away from their service, it would be the cost.

Still, I paid for the quality of the customer service. Currently, I can say my wife is a lot more secure 'cause she knows that she can activate the Frontpoint system. She knows it's working when I'm not home. Overall, Frontpoint comes through with flying colors when it comes to customer service. They are attentive to my needs.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

We did an extensive review online and saw that Frontpoint's customer service is really good. Plus, we also like the aspect that we can move the system with us as we move and could install it ourselves while with other companies, they would have to come out and do it which costs extra. Frontpoint's reps have all been phenomenal and the installation was very easy. We customized our package and the features are super easy to use. Everything has been wonderful with the equipment and the cost is appropriate for everything we’re getting.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

The rep was very helpful and had a friendly follow-up call when I was signing up with Frontpoint. The installation, on the other hand, was not the easiest thing I've ever done, especially trying to get them to sync with the WiFi. I was trying to do it on my phone and then I tried to download it which took me forever. It was a little frustrating there. I finally had to contact customer service and it has worked since. But then, I continued to have an email issue pop up. I keep getting emails if the pool or the front door or the garage door is offline and I get an average of five or six of those emails on any day. Other than that, Frontpoint is pretty good. I haven’t had the alarm go off unexpectedly and the cost is cheap, which is one of the reasons I went with them. But I’m locked into a five-year deal now and I’m not certain if I’m going to continue that after the term.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

All the other systems were much more expensive, so I got Frontpoint. I called them and they explained the system very well. Whenever I had a question, it was just one easy call, and I could ask them for help. Their system is also easier to install compared to ADT, which I had before, and from a security standpoint, they're the same. You just feel safe. I reordered some sensors, and they were too malfunctioned. Frontpoint replaced them and it was easy, but they were coming and did not function in the beginning. Also, I have one alarm that is not as noisy as it should be when it goes off and I would like it to be louder. It's on the first floor and I sleep on the second floor. Everything else is really good.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I signed up with this company in Nov 19th 2015 and had the alarm in our shop for one year and we canceled it on NOV 16TH 2016 not only did it not work well where the alarm would go off constantly by error and the tech team did not know how to fix it, but when we eventually canceled the account in 2016 they told me it was canceled and we closed down our shop as the lease was ended. Frontpoint fraudulently continued to take out money from my bank account for another 2 years for $49 per month and we ended up being ripped off for over $1,800.00.

When I called Frontpoint they said they was not aware of any cancellation and that we will NOT be getting our money back. The security alarm has been in a box for 2 years turned off and their system was still picking up errors and still billing us every month. This company is the most corrupt company I have ever dealt with and the customer service is the absolute worst ever. I will spend the rest of my life making sure this company doesn't do this to other innocent people. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FRAUD AND DON'T FAUL FOR THE SCAM WE HAD TO DEAL WITH.

I called the company again and spoke to Ashley who told me they will stop taking out the money from my checking, but when I looked at my account recently on Sept 9th 2018 they still took out this money again. I have called the police, and filed a complaint wIth my bank but the best thing to do is close down your bank account... FRONTPOINT SECURITY HAS BEEN NIGHTMARE COMPANY TO DEAL WITH...

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I purchased Frontpoint for my business' security. I had another security system before but they had something that we just weren’t happy with. Frontpoint was who I was told to go with right then so I did and price has a lot to do with it. My boss said, “Yeah, let’s go with Frontpoint,” that I’ve never heard of before. I set up the system and it was so easy. The instructions were very clear. And then, I called their customer service so they could activate it. Frontpoint worked good and I like everything in it. However, the thing where you have to stick the contacts, they didn’t stick where they are. I ended up having to use Gorilla Glue on them. Their smartphone feature is very easy. The fingerprint code allows me in and then I can set or see if it’s set or make sure my driver has set it before they left, and then unarm it in the morning. I usually have my hands full so I unarm it before I get out of the car. Overall, my experiences with Frontpoint was awesome.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We had some issues in our former neighborhood and we wanted an added layer of security. My husband saw really good reviews about Frontpoint so we went with them. I installed their system myself and thus far, customer service has been great. The only issues I've had was through an inquiry online because sometimes I'm not available to take calls, and so a lot of my communication with Frontpoint is through the computer. Communicating with them took a while so I so I reached out on Facebook, and they gave me a call immediately.

However, we ended up calling in and exchanging out our panel 'cause I don’t believe that they did a good job of stating what options there were. They just gave us the package and so there were some things that I feel like we paid for that we didn’t necessarily need because our home was already set up differently. Also, there were other things that we wanted that we didn’t know were options. Still, our system has nice features and we use the ones on our smartphone every so often. Getting a Frontpoint system is extremely easy and if people want mobile access, their system is a really nice way to go.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Installing the Frontpoint system was surprisingly easy. It only took about 30 minutes. The features are good and the app is really useful which we use the most. We put on the monitors and the indoor sensors at night time. We sometimes forget that the alarm is on, so a timer to turn it off in the morning would be a nice feature.

The alarm went off while we were away last weekend, and it was nice that Frontpoint called the police. The police came and had a quick look around. It made us feel comfortable that it was nothing. The police didn’t find anything too horrendous when we got back. But the person who left us a message after the police called around was a bit quick and garbled. It was not very clear what the instructions or the follow-up would be. But in general, the actual customer service has been really good and pretty prompt. At one point, I called them about the actual installation piece and about a few extra sensors, and that worked out pretty well. I'm feeling so secured now that I have Frontpoint. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

After we had a break-in, we decided that it was time we get a home security system. Frontpoint was very well priced and they had very good reviews and so we got ours from them. The salesman answered all questions and my interaction with him was very easy and low pressure. After enrolling, the installation of the system went very smoothly. The instructions were easy to follow. The system is great and everything's in it. The quality of the equipment seems fine so far and the smartphone features also work very well. Having Frontpoint has made my family a little more comfortable.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I was concentrating between ADT and Frontpoint, and I chose Frontpoint for the features, price, and service. Their reps were very professional and the installation went well but they could improve it a little bit as far as some instructions because they have so many features that you could use but there were no details anywhere on how to use those features. It would be great if they could include an instructions manual rather than send us to the website or try to figure it out by ourselves. Other than that, the system features are great and I’m very happy. The main thing we like is the smartphone feature and we definitely feel more comfortable knowing the system is there. Everything is great and I would tell friends to give Frontpoint a call.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

A couple of years ago, my friend and I were renting a house and he subscribed to Frontpoint, and as far as our collective experience, it was pretty positive. So, I decided to try it out myself and so far, it’s been pretty great. The people at Frontpoint were professional. The initial conversation that I had with the sales representative was positive, and we didn't waste too much time because I pretty much knew what I needed as far as security goes with my home.

The installation was very straightforward and pretty seamless. It took me all about five minutes to install all three of my sensors on the three doors. I pay 30 bucks a month and the package that I have is pretty bare-bones which is essentially what I'm paying for. A deal breaker for many new customers, as well as existing customers like myself, would be to include app connectability, and remote arming, and those features associated with the Frointpoint app itself with the base package. Overall, Frontpoint has given us a better sense of security just knowing that there is something in place. We have a pretty safe neighborhood to begin with, but it’s just that additional measure provides additional comfort.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

My husband does shift-work and our kids are now in college and there's nights I'm here by myself so my husband got Frontpoint for peace of mind. We both did the installation and I liked the fact that it was easy. The instruction was clear-cut and very easy to understand. It also has good features. When we first got started, I also had a few questions. I called and the online support was great.

The rep walked me through exactly what I needed to do, how I needed to do it and made sure it was working. I didn't know how to get my camera to record and he walked me through it step-by-step and then made sure it was recording before he hung up. I liked that it wasn't, "Okay, here's what you're gonna do. Call us back if you have a problem." He was like, "This is what we're gonna do. Okay, now check and see." It worked and he was like, "Okay. Are you good now?" I like that. However, I would have like to have had additional cameras. We got two cameras and they are expensive.

I like the smartphone features. I can look at my saved video and my husband uses it when he's at work. He keeps an eye on the house, which is nice because we get a lot of packages delivered throughout the week. A lot of times he would call me and say, "Hey, I just saw a delivery man. Package is there." So I can either make sure I'm getting home pretty soon or just know to look for the package when I get home. Since having the system I feel safer. When I'm here by myself and the alarm is set, I sleep better. I have accidentally set it off to where I didn't get it turned off and then I immediately got a call, so I definitely like that. So far, I've been very pleased with Frontpoint.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I've been extremely satisfied with the quality of my Frontpoint home security system. The equipment is really good and, because of the way my house is set up, I got enough sensors without having to buy extra. I installed it with their help on the phone, and the process was way more simple than I thought it would be. The customer service reps have been amazing too. I had false alarms because I kept going out my back-door downstairs and not realizing it was on, and then they would call me. Also, there were other things that I didn't understand about the system. Someone called me, and I was a little offended at first because he said they needed to work on getting my false alarms taken care of. But in the course of talking to him, I realized that I was misinformed about something, then he walked me through the whole thing and I understood it, and I haven't had a false alarm since.

I also use the app. When my son came in last week and the alarm went off, I was able to take care of everything right from my phone because I wasn't home yet. He got here before I did and he had the old passcode and didn't know the passcode for Frontpoint. My old system was from Vector and my experience with them wasn't good. Also, the system was wired into my home phone, which I didn't like. Switching to Frontpoint ended up being less expensive for me because I didn't have to maintain a home phone.

The only thing is that at some point, I would love to have the thing that shows who's at the front door, now that I don't have my Rottweiler anymore. I'm 56 and this is the first time I've lived alone and not have any dogs to give me a warning in 35 years. Also, the system doesn't seem to give me a lot of time to get in the door because it's upstairs. I have a foot level, so by the time I get upstairs, it's already beeping so fast. So, I have to be prepared to run right in. Though it only happens if I don't have the remote or if it happens to be in my purse and I can't get it out. So, it's not a problem every day. Overall, having the Frontpoint system in my home definitely made me feel more secure.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

The house that we moved into had AT&T so the decision was really between Frontpoint and AT&T. Frontpoint was low of the things that run through WiFi. Those include home automation and I was looking for something that included home automation. But I saw reviews online and Frontpoint was ranked highly. Also, the three-year contract might be a little long but the price per month was competitive. The installation was super easy too. The door lock took the longest. Then I had to call back and they had to give me the code to get into that system to program the smart lock. I feel like that's something that a customer can do on their own but it wasn’t a big deal. We have the indoor camera, a smart lock and the touchscreen panel, and everything has been good so far. I’ve felt safe.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I had a home security in the past and recently, I decided to get one again mostly because of my dog and that I live alone. I like Frontpoint a lot better than what I had before. I feel like I have more choices and more control over the system because I can set up and change things. Also, everyone has been super great and outgoing. They would stay on the phone until I got whatever I needed. I couldn't believe the first time I called up and was asking questions about it. I was able to talk to a human being right away and they walked me through how the whole process worked.

Then, the installation was really easy. Everything about the instructions was very thorough and I didn't have any issues at all. I like the features of my security system, including the garage door opener remote. But I'd also like if there were other things. I like the smartphone features as well and I use them more than the control panel.

Other than that, the cost has been great. I like the fact that I don't need to have a telephone line because I don't and it is really reasonably priced. And Frontpoint doesn't have a contract. When I sold my house, I was going into an apartment and I ended up there longer than I thought. I was there for three years and I had to pay to get out of my contract with ADT, which I thought was ridiculous because I had them for over two years as it was.

So far, I feel pretty good having Frontpoint because that alarm is loud when I set it off accidentally. But when I had ADT, I felt there was some pressure when I set it off. There was a point there that I didn't even think I knew the password and that is why I like that I can control and set things myself with Frontpoint. Their system has always worked no matter what and now that my son bought a house, I'm thinking about buying him a set up.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Frontpoint has good reviews and the representative I interacted with was very helpful. I purchased a new home security system for safety, and the installation was easy and self-explanatory. I spent an hour to set everything up. However, I'm concerned about how long they're gonna last because if one of the sticky pads loses its adhesiveness and it falls off in the night, then that's what will make the alarm go off. Other than that, it's a very simple unit and there's nothing fancy about the one we have. The only thing is when we set the alarm from the actual unit in the house, it seemed to take a while for it to come through to my phone. It doesn’t instantly sometimes and sometimes it takes five minutes. Still, the service so far is good. They've got an efficient customer service. Overall, I feel more secure at night having the Frontpoint system. I've also already recommended them to one person.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I needed to purchase a home security system for resell and value of my home. I like that with Frontpoint, I could install the system myself so I chose them. The girl that I initially contacted there was great to work with. She was knowledgeable and polite. She walked me through how all of it would work. I would like it to not cost so much every month though because we’re not in a high-crime area. But if I was in a high-crime area, it would be a good price. Installation was super easy. I have a 3,100 square-foot home and I did it in about 20 minutes.

Frontpoint's system is two-tiered. The tier that we have has the smartphone application feature. We could pay less and not have the smartphone feature but it wouldn’t even be a system worth buying if we didn’t use it. The Frontpoint smartphone feature is the only way to go. If I lay in bed and I didn’t set the alarm, I could get my phone and set it. I could even pull out of the driveway and set it. When the kids come home, they have it on their phones too. It’s a high-quality system compared to any other system. The features offered by Frontpoint are better than some of the other systems that I had looked into. What I like the best is the glass break feature as opposed to window sensors. I had a one in my home in Denver and everybody in my neighborhood had systems and they had a lot more stuff going on in there with their system like weather reporting but it gets excessive. Mine just reads across the screen which is fine.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We had an incident nearby that got us in the mindset of purchasing a home security system. I did some research online and looked at the reviews of insurance providers. Frontpoint had everything that we wanted, so we went with them. I’ve interacted with their sales team as well as with their customer service department, and both were phenomenal. The reps weren’t pushy with sales and they allowed me to pick from the available options. They let the customer choose, as opposed to a lot of other places that tell the customer what to choose. We installed the security system ourselves and the installation was very easy. Besides, even if we had any difficulties, there were the instructions that we could look up.

The features that are offered with our system are nice, but we didn’t get a touchscreen feature on our system and it may be too late for that. We just got the push button feature. I use the smartphone features, which are nice and convenient, and I like these a lot. The cost of the Frontpoint system is worth it. It’s convenient and not outrageous, and it’s cheaper than other monitoring systems that I found with the same features. We definitely feel safe since having the Frontpoint system in our home. I would tell people to get it, and to look at the options and see what is best for them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Frontpoint is a home security system for the homeowner that wants to self-install and not get hung up with a big monitoring installation service that is gonna tear up the walls to install it. I've had Frontpoint security going on for seven years now. I just moved to a new house and bought a new system for it. I expanded the system in the new place to include a couple of cameras and some smoke detectors as well. The installation was good although I called them to get some help and they came through. It took me 3 hours to setup the whole system. Their customer service is really good. They're very knowledgeable and patient to walk me through difficult setup instructions without just reciting a checklist. They should keep doing what they're doing and not change the customer service. I'd also recommend them to friends. I'm very happy with the system and it's a good one for the price.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We needed to change providers because of the price point. Frontpoint is the same, price point wise, but we were wrapped into a bundle previously. We got out of it so I didn't want to re-enter a new bundle. The gentleman I worked with at Frontpoint did great. He was my initial point of contact and he got me everything I needed. Then I did the installation all by myself. It was very easy and the system is working okay. But I saw pictures of the panel being more of a touchscreen-looking one. I feel like I have an older version-looking one and since it sits on my countertop, I wish it would look a little bit newer and up-to-date. But the overall features of the system are good.

I love the fact that the smartphone feature reminds me, as I drive away from my house, that I forgot to set the system. It dings on my phone and reminds me to set the system. That's one the best things about this security system because I'm constantly forgetting to set the alarm. We live in a safe, great community. But my husband has some PTSD issues so he likes to know that we have a security system. And Frontpoint is doing great. I'd recommend it too.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Thieves- product is horrible and unusable. Cancellation fees are criminal. They make impossible to cancel and then charge you remaining months. Criminal company. Do not use - ever!!! Criminal -thieves!!!

Frontpoint response

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We are surprised to read the details of your review as they are far from the Frontpoint experience we aim to provide our customers. One of our Account Supervisors will be looking into your account and will reach out to address your concerns in detail. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

If you're wanting your home to be safe with having an alarm remember that if you lose power for more than a day that your home alarm system will not work until you regain power. And the battery won't be fully recharged until 24 hours with electricity.

Frontpoint response

We appreciate you sharing this feedback with us. It is the feedback we receive from our customers that truly helps us grow as a company. Please let us now if you ever need anything in the future.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I had read stuff online about Frontpoint, the pros and the cons, the reviews, the pricing and the easy installation. It was the combination of everything that made me choose Frontpoint. I had a couple of issues in getting signals with the installation for the windows but a representative fixed that right away. We went right through the installation and it went perfectly. But about two weeks ago, the system started alarming like crazy all of a sudden. I punched in my code to secure it but it wouldn’t secure. I punched it again but it still wouldn’t secure. Frontpoint called me and I told them there was nothing wrong. There was a fire signal and a garage door open signal. But I was in my living room and there was no fire. And my garage door had been open all day. We were sitting there and we had not touched a thing. We had not changed anything in the system since day one of installation.

Three different Frontpoint people had called and we went through every single code known on the whole feature, even to the phone and the apps. Finally, after about 10 minutes, the code worked. The third guy was the one who actually got the system secured. He said, “Let me try something else.” Then he went, “Now, try your code.” I tried my code and it stopped. He was extremely good. But that also meant Frontpoint had two people who were pretty much worthless for me as we were going deaf.

I asked them what was going on but they said there was nothing wrong with the system. Things of that nature are controlled though. It doesn’t happen by itself. The system has good quality. It hasn’t done that since and I haven't had any issues with it since. Something definitely activated that incident. I also think the people at Frontpoint did something to make the code work later. There may have been some kind of reset button. A little bit later after the incident, I was also thinking how the cops never called or showed up. That's another issue but it was too late. I was already off the phone with Frontpoint.

But there were a couple of times that we forgot to turn the system off when we got home and the cops showed up. The only issue with that was that they showed up 15 minutes after the fact. I don’t know if it was a combination of how quickly the phone call went to the people and how quickly the police actually responded. I know that where I live, they’re probably not real responsive. But a thief could have come in, helped themselves, loaded up their car, talked to the neighbors and been on their way by the time the cops got here. So that was disappointing. The people at Frontpoint are very responsive though. When I had a little issue with the garage, they called me within one minute or less. I forgot to turn the system off and they were all over it.

Frontpoint expert review by Erin Raub

Choose from 3 wireless security system packages for $34.99-$49.99 a month. Systems are self-installed and include 24/7 monitoring, crash and smash technology along with fire and medical protection. Contracts range from 1-3 years.

• Installation: All Frontpoint equipment is designed to be installed by the consumer, so the company doesn’t employ any installation technicians. This saves consumers a significant amount of money when getting a new system.

• Mobile access: Frontpoint's mobile apps let you access your security system, review information and control your home from anywhere you have an Internet connection via computer or smartphone.

• Cellular monitoring: The Frontpoint Control Panel communicates with the Monitoring Center via cell phone, so it's not dependent on a phone line. Even if your home phone line is cut or the system is smashed, your alarm will send out a cell alert to Frontpoint Monitoring.

• Portable: Frontpoint's 100 percent wireless sensors are easy to set up and require no hard wiring, so a Frontpoint security system can be easily moved to a new address.

• Equipment cost: With Frontpoint, you purchase your equipment outright. While your upfront cost could be a few hundred dollars once you add extra sensors, remotes and other accessories, purchasing your equipment can actually save you money in the long run. Frontpoint equipment has a three-year warranty.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Frontpoint Company Information