Consumer Reviews and Complaints

19%
  • 3 stars170
  • 2 stars38
  • 1 stars31

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

Frontpoint

It's great to hear that your system is working exactly how you need it to! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and please let us know if you ever need anything in the future.

Original review: March 3, 2016

I've been with Frontpoint for two years. Installation of the system was surprisingly easy. I just read the instructions and did what it says. I didn't have any issues whatsoever. I use their app quite frequently. It's very nice when I'm out and use the app to make sure that the system is armed. I haven't received any alerts though. Maybe that's something that needs to be set up.

The Frontpoint people I've dealt with have been extremely professional, friendly, and easy to deal with when there were a couple of questions that I had about the system early on. I also had to call sometimes regarding my monthly payments, as their website doesn't offer a way to modify that and my credit card situation has changed. All in all, they've been very helpful, polite, and right on the ball.

With Frontpoint, there's a feeling that I have that once I'm in for the night and the system's armed, I don't have to worry. Thank God we haven't had any incidents, but having it's a comfort, especially now that I do travel quite a bit. Sometimes I'm gone a month at a time and it's nice to know that the system is secure, and I can monitor it from wherever I might be. Frontpoint just works.

We had a few issues when we installed the Frontpoint device but once we called their team, we were guided and it turned out fine. They were really good and helpful. I usually turn the alarm on and off from my phone app which is really convenient. I like the app.

Installing the security device was easy and very professional. Everything worked well with its interactive features too and the Frontpoint team was also very professional, always prompt and very helpful.

We have Frontpoint in our business as well as in our home. Installation was really easy in our business but at home, we had one sensor that didn't work. We experimented trying to get it to work and when we realized there must be something wrong, we called them right away and they took care of it fast. As soon as we mailed it back to them, they sent a replacement right out to us. Other than that, it was a piece of cake installing the system and the replacement works fine now. We're also happy with the customer service. They're very friendly and took care of the problem right away. We use the app and the computer often to control the system and I like it a lot especially when we're out and unsure if the alarm is turned on or not. So we check the app and use it to set up the alarm.

The only one thing and this is just a minor thing: I wish we have both our home system and our business system under one email address. Because what happens is when I want to use the app, I have to log out of our home system and then log back in to check our business. I remember originally when we set up the home setup. I asked them if we could set up this system on the other account so that I don't have to log in twice. They told me that there was a reason why we had a different account. But that's a minor thing, not a big deal to us. We actually recommended them to my parents and they have a Frontpoint system now too.

I've used Frontpoint's home security service for about a year now. It was easy enough to install our own security device, but the glass breaks don't stay stuck on the walls. They don't have any way to mount them other than with a sticky tape, so they would have to redesign the whole thing. Also, the interactive part of the system makes me uncomfortable. I haven't had a lot of interactions with their team but they've been fine and friendly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Frontpoint has good ratings between affordability, set-ups, and things of that nature. I'm satisfied with their customer service, and their installation is simple. It was a good experience, and I have no dislikes. I had the app on my phone, and it's convenient. The system gives us a sense of peace because of the times.

I had a break in before so I got a security alarm from Frontpoint. I was able to install it myself which was very easy and convenient. Then when I called in for some battery problem, they replaced that for me and sent it out. Customer service was excellent and the people I've spoken with were very helpful, very professional and efficient. Also, I use the phone app everyday and I'm very happy with it. They've been providing office security for me for about six months now and since I got them, I'm confident that there's a security. I also have peace of mind so I'm really satisfied. I would recommend them 100%.

I went on a website for home security systems, looked at the higher-rated customer service and called. It's been about a year since I've been using Frontpoint. It was an easy installation and their people were very pleasant and helpful. Customer service has been very lovely too. I arm and disarm the device through my phone all the time and it’s very easy as the app is very user-friendly. We're really happy we have it.

I like Frontpoint so far. Installing the device was really easy and I had no hassles with their team the day I installed it. Since setting it up, I have peace of mind that our home is secure which is the main reason why I got it. They have a good product.

Frontpoint

Natalie, thank you for sharing your experience with us as your feedback helps us grow as a company. We are happy to hear that our team was able to assist you whenever you needed them to. We appreciate you choosing us to protect your home and don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything in the future.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

My Frontpoint comes with the panel and logging online. Once I downloaded the software, it was very easy. However, I wish they included the video camera with the package. I could buy it separately, but I would've liked to buy something with everything. I have to keep figuring out what to get and I would call in for additional items. But they were very friendly and helped me out. They even provided me with discounts on some.

There's one thing I bought that I kind of hate and that's the window sensor. It's heavy, and they only gave me sticky stuff to put on the back to hang it up. It fell a couple of times. When we weren't home on New Year's Eve, we had to leave the party to come home because our alarm went off because that sensor fell. I wasted one of my alarms because I had to dispatch a police because I didn't know what caused the alarm. It also fell once while we were sleeping. I called, and they just gave me more sticky stuff to put on it. That's all they keep on sending me. The sensor is so big and bulky, it keeps falling. I don't like it. Now I have to build a shelf and put it on there so it will stay up without falling. But their team was very fast to respond, friendly and it's been a pleasant experience.

Frontpoint

Jared, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Here at Frontpoint we strive to make sure all aspects of service are easy and convenient for every customer and we want to make sure we are providing you with the same level of ease. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns in detail so we will have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to you shortly. Thank you for the review and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Frontpoint's sales process was really easy, but follow-up after was pretty difficult. The salesperson that I was assigned to never responded to emails and stopped answering phone calls. It came to a point where I had to call in like a new customer to finally get a hold of somebody, which was disappointing. Then, they sent the wrong panel out of the gate, and one of the sensors didn't work. It took some time to replace, but other than that, it was okay. One of our favorite features is controlling the system from anywhere. We do that all the time. One other thing I would say is that there's no easy way to go online and buy more equipment. I have to go through the whole sales process all over again.

Frontpoint

Eddie, we thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I can see that you were able to speak to our Support Supervisor, Rey, to address your concerns in more detail, and we appreciate the opportunity to do so. We are happy to hear your concerns resolved and ask that you reach out to us if you ever need anything in the future!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Frontpoint has very good customer service and they always answer their phones in a timely manner. The system works and I have no problem with the interactive features. But I made the wrong decision by choosing it for my business because I think the sensors are not designed for commercial use. It has brought nothing but headache for me. Everything worked when I first installed it but it only lasted about a month or two. Then either the sensors stop communicating or the reception is bad or something else happens. Every time I speak with them, they say they're going to send me a new sensor. However, when I put the new sensor in, it works for a while then the same thing happens over again.

The product is also a little cheap. I want to try it in my house so I could give a positive review on it but I have not had good experience with this alarm for the past year. They have a good rating on the internet but I wouldn't recommend it to a business. I'm not sure I'm going to recommend it to a home either because I have not had any success with it.

I found Frontpoint on the internet and I've been using them for two years now. My husband installed the device which was pretty easy for him. Their reps were also very good. Moreover, I like using the interactive features and it's convenient. I'm satisfied with everything.

Frontpoint

Thank you for the review Leonard, and we appreciate you making us aware of your concerns. At this time we see you have spoken with one of our Support Supervisors and are glad to see that we were able to address them for you! Feel free to reach out to us again if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I had a local security provider before but the system they had originally installed in the house was really obsolete so I redid the whole thing and got some surveillance cameras going from Frontpoint. I got lots of useful advice from people in their organization about how to set the system up. Their reps are also very helpful when they're available and I feel safe all those times when I'm using the system. However, in my most recent vacation, I had some trouble getting the network to stay on. The surveillance cameras and the whole system depended on wifi, but I worked out something with my provider which I thought was stable enough.

I then called to get my cameras online because every time they put in a new modem, I have to redo the whole process. But I was told they didn't provide the services on the weekend anymore. If that was a new protocol, it amounts to a reduction in the service that I originally had when I got the plan. I then got a call on Sunday from someone because I told them that this is for an emergency to work on the cameras. But by that time, I was already on the road. So in my whole vacation time that lasted over two weeks, I did not have a security system. I wasn't happy about that.

Another issue is we only need it when we leave to go on vacation and no one is in the house. That doesn't happen very often - twice a year the most. So I pay $50 a month for a service I'm not using except when I go on vacation. When I think about the amount of money I pay, it's extravagant for that limited coverage I'm requiring. I'm paying about $600 for the privilege of only three or three and a half weeks of coverage a year. I hope there's a plan I can go on with Frontpoint to reflect the fact that I don't use the system routinely.

I had a couple of questions when installing the security system and the people I talked to at Frontpoint were very helpful. They walked me through and sent me emails on how to install it. When I called back to activate the service, it was easy. The system was very easy to install and I never had a problem with the app. I can always unlock and lock without any problems. I feel very safe with the system. I've gone to a couple of long vacation and I've been able to check and make sure that nothing’s going on at home. It's a little bit better especially being away from home for a long time.

I've had 100% positive service from Frontpoint. The company offered service - unlike ADT which I've used in the past. Frontpoint was all over me in selling the security device which pissed me off, but if a person needs one, it would be from them. Installing the Frontpoint system was as easy as it can be. Their app works good 99% of the time and the only complaint I have is that sometimes, it takes them a long time to tell me that I haven't armed my system. When I was checking my email, I got an email from them talking about service and I listed three things in that email that were problematic for me. Then just seven minutes later, I already got a call from Frontpoint who said they can take care of those things. Over a period of two weeks, they took care of two of them and over a period of four, they took care of the third. The Frontpoint guys are amazing and since the device was installed, I've had peace of mind.

I had to call customer service because the materials used in my doors aren't solid wood and I had to double check to make sure that the device would still work, and it was fine. The panel had some glitches and Frontpoint ended up replacing it. That sucked but the interaction with customer support was great. I like the idea of the ease and comfort of arming and disarming the system from my phone. It's really cool and I like the convenience but it scares me because so many people get hacked and somebody could drive in a driveway and have the system programmed. I've been really fortunate that nobody has broken in. It's good to have a little bit of security or peace of mind.

My son-in-law and daughter recommended Frontpoint. The security device was sent to me and I installed it myself. It's been good with the Frontpoint team. I had to call them when I had trouble with the device. The phone wouldn’t turn it on and off and they had to send me a little part there. I also set it off once. But that never happened with anybody breaking in and it makes me feel better having it. I’m assuming it works. It's handy to access the system anytime anywhere. We have a lot of burglaries in my area but I feel better leaving my house since Frontpoint's installation. However, one of the sensors on the wall fell off. I set it up on something and it worked the same. But I should call them and I’m sure they’d fix it.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 19, 2016

Frontpoint has resolved my issue in a fair manner by agreeing to refund back 100$ as per the original written agreement. Their customer service is excellent in resolving technical and administrative issues. I would recommend Frontpoint without any hesitation.

Frontpoint

Manjunath, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We have one of our Support Supervisors looking into your account and we will have them contact you shortly to address all of your concerns. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

Ordered equipments to start a new service and paid 200$ upfront cost with $100 rebate after 30-day trial period is complete. When I received the shipment, some equipments were missing. Got everything after I called them 2nd time. The control panel had loose wires and had to fix them myself. After setting up equipments, called them to activate. Took two hours to activate on the phone as there was a faulty glass break sensor. The tech insisted me to fix the sensor rather than offering to replace it. Finally I fixed it myself and the system was activated after being on the phone for 2 hours. The customer service supervisor offered me few equipments for free for the hassle I went through.

Now, after 30-day trial, they are not willing to refund 100$ rebate as a part of the deal they agreed to in a written email. They are saying they have given me more equipments and they just can't return 100$. Just frustrating that they are completely dishonest and playing gimmicks upfront to attract customers. Now I am in the process of cancelling their service and returning their equipments. Be careful dealing with Frontpoint and I would totally avoid them.

Frontpoint

Anthony, its always our goal to make you feel safer so we are so are glad to see that your system is give you peace of mind! Thank you for sharing your experience and feel free to reach out to us if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

The install was very easy. It took me about 45 minutes to do it. I had issues later on with one of the sensors on the metal door but they sent me a new adhesive which fixed it right away. I love their app on my iPhone and it's part of the reason why I chose them. It's a really clean and an elegant app. I have also called them when I accidentally set my alarm off a couple of times and they're very responsive. Since using Frontpoint, our sense of security has improved. We have children and if I or my wife’s away, it gives us both peace of mind. I'm happy with the service.

Frontpoint is a very convenient alarm system. I've had it for a year now and their team's very professional.

I researched home security systems online and Frontpoint came up on a website as one of the top-rated for customer service. Installing the device was very simple. I just stick up the little sensors that were sent to me on the wall, and there is a step-by-step instruction in the box on how to set it all up. Once I’ve done all that, I just need to call through the number given and they set it up so that it's activated. I was on the phone for only 10 minutes. I can arm/disarm via the app. I have Frontpoint for about a year now and so far, I haven’t had any issues or problems.

Frontpoint

Thanks so much for the wonderful recommendation and please let us know if you ever need anything in the future!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

The customer service from Frontpoint has been great. I talked to the guy on the phone, and he was able to set the deals and made the installation easy. I arm and disarm the system on my phone all the time, and it works out really well. It's very convenient, and it gives me peace of mind. We've had Frontpoint longer than a year now. They're a good company and I'd recommend them.

We just moved to this house and we got Frontpoint but in my prior house we had ADT. I like Frontpoint better because it's all wireless, you can do a lot of the set up yourself and their customer service has always been very responsive. Installing it was pretty easy. Most of the devices came up without an issue. I did have one problem with a garage door sensor and I did call for support on that and that was helpful.

Both my wife and I utilize the phone app. My only issue with the phone app is that some of the features that are easy to get to on a web interface are a little harder to get to on the app because they're a little bit more buried. For example, we've got our air conditioning and heating on schedule and it's easier to do that on the website than it is on the app. There's one thing however that I find a little frustrating about the website. I was trying to find some additional equipment and how to order that and it's not super easy from the website to figure out the process. I get kind of bounced around a lot. Ultimately, I discovered that I had to call in order to add more equipment but it's hard to find that information on the website.

Frontpoint

Thank you for the great rating!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I feel more secure having Frontpoint. Their reps have been great when I called them during the installation because I had a hard time getting the sensors lined up.

Frontpoint

Thank you for the great review!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

My experiences with the reps at Frontpoint during the initial ordering and when I needed technical support have been pretty positive. We definitely feel good about having Frontpoint. Their monitoring is good to have.

I prefer Frontpoint over the security system I previously had. The wireless aspect is very nice. I can take it with me and I move frequently so I like that aspect a lot. Arming and disarming the system using the phone app is a piece of cake. Installation was very easy too but it took a while to get everything dialed in. I have a remote garage that I have cars in, that I have alarms installed in, and I had difficulty because my house has metal structure inside. I had some difficulty with the size of the house and reading all of the different sensors. I asked for some help from Frontpoint in getting some extended sensors and range extender for inside the house and I finally got everything dialed in.

Since having the system installed, I've had two false alarms but those false alarms were because the garage door opener was going up all by itself without any help so it had nothing to do with Frontpoint. So that turned out fine. But one night the alarm went off in the middle of the night and they called and asked my security code and password. So I gave them both my password and security code, but they registered that as the wrong password so then they called the police on me after a while. I took exception to this. If they want my passcode, which is what I use to activate and deactivate the system, then ask for that. But they should be specific in what they're asking for.

Subsequent to that, they have changed what they asked for and I've been very happy with them. I've had to call for technical support a couple of times because there was one problem that the system had where my keypad was registering that my barn door was closed. But they were registering that it was open. I have an alarm around my house that if I leave my barn door open it'd text me, so it texted me. I was out but changed my plans and came home early. It was closed. Frontpoint fixed the problem once then it happened a second time and then the guy I got on the second time stayed with it longer. He was convinced that he'd found the problem which he did.

Their technical support team has been superb the couple of times that I needed them and were helpful in getting the bugs worked out initially which was was just the makeup of the house with the metal studs and the distance from the barn to the house. So I've been very very, happy with Frontpoint and would recommend them to anybody. The reviews that I read on the internet seem to be well founded. The company seems to rate very high and I would also at this point rate them high. I've had ADT two or three times in the past and also had a local provider Mark Electronics at my last house and they were okay but the systems were antiquated.

I had a previous home security provider several years back and Frontpoint is better since the equipment is nicer and the other one had a slow response time. They sent the equipment and the wireless sensors with instructions on how to install it so the installation was very easy. Once everything was up, they said to give them a call and it took them 15 minutes to complete the setup.

It's very nice that I can use the app on my phone to deactivate the system when the house is locked up and a friend needs to go over and get stuff. I’ve had a couple of issues with either a sensor not registering for one reason or another, and then another one when it was freezing up and locking up but they were able to help me resolve those issues. Having Frontpoint gives me a good sense of sense of security by being able to turn the system on at night and not have to worry about anybody coming in or if we're away on vacation.

Frontpoint

It's great to hear that our Support Team has always been there to help you and that you are enjoying that smartphone app! Thanks for being a part of our family and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

We were going to use Vivint but my husband was researching and found Frontpoint. My husband did the install and it seemed to be easy for him. The Frontpoint people are good. They call right away to check on us. They even called me when the stuff went off during a bad storm. I've had to call them because our thing wasn't working so well and they helped us update it. I also like their interactive features, it makes things easier. I disarm it right when I leave rather than having to press it and run out of the house and then disarm it (except whenever I forget to disarm it before I walk in). It's always nice to have whenever my husband's out.

We had a wired system ADT system before and the sensors kept going bad. We didn't want it anymore. I found Frontpoint on my Facebook feed. It was easy to install. I didn't know where to put the motion detectors, but we figured it out. We have one camera and I wish there was a wireless camera, but it was limited to where we can put it because we have to plug it in. It would've been better if it was wireless and had some long lasting battery. That's the only problem. We like to move our camera around. Also, I have a question on whether there are any other fingerprint touch pad fob my wife (who doesn't have an iPhone) could use like the one I have on my iPhone which enables me to manage the in and outs, arming, disarming with my phone. But otherwise, generally, it works as advertised.

A couple of times we'd forgotten when we had the system armed. We opened the door and got the call from the team at Frontpoint. We gave our code, and it got turned off. They were responsive. I arm and disarm the system from my phone all the time. We were on a trip abroad and it was nice to be able to look at our house through the camera from wherever we were. In Yellowstone once, I was able to see our front door from the inside.

Frontpoint Company Profile