Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to make them feel safe.

BOTTOM LINE

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24/7 professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing the system yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

PROS

• Affordable monitoring
  • High-tech equipment options
  • Large selection of plans

CONS

• DIY installation

Top Frontpoint Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Frontpoint security was super easy to install and learn how to use. The price is right too. … We really like it and it gives us peace of mind. The videos are easy to access on my phone 24/7.

Frontpoint Call Now Toll Free (833) 419-5396 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

What is Frontpoint?

Frontpoint's home security plans include professional monitoring and integrated smart home technologies.

The Frontpoint hub and keypad act as the command center, and the control panels alert a monitoring center through built-in cellular communication. You can connect to Google Home or Alexa though the company's mobile app to monitor your system remotely.

Frontpoint's security monitoring plans start around $45 per month. Monitoring costs vary based on the type of property (house, apartment or business), square footage and number of exterior doors. Monitoring plans include live video streaming, motion-triggered alerts and smart lock control.

How much does Frontpoint cost?

Frontpoint offers a selection of prebuilt packages at price points to fit a variety of budgets.

Safe Home Starter ($99)
The Safe Home Starter package costs $99 plus monthly monitoring fees. This is a great home security starter package for most people.
  • Two window/door sensors
  • One motion sensors
  • One door sticker
Safe Home Everyday ($295.94)
The Safe Home Everyday package costs $295.94 plus monthly monitoring fees. For homes with more windows and doors to protect, Safe Home Everyday offers more sensors than the Safe Home Starter package.
  • Three window/door sensors
  • One door sticker
Safe Home Select ($383.92)
The Frontpoint Safe Home Select security system costs $383.92 plus monthly monitoring. This system provides home intrusion safeguards plus free environmental protection. Frontpoint’s smoke and heat sensor detects trace amounts of smoke or heat. The package includes:
  • Four window/door sensors
  • One glass break sensor
  • One smoke and heat sensor
  • One door sticker
Safe Home Preferred ($479.90)
The Safe Home Preferred package costs $479.90 plus monthly monitoring. This is Frontpoint’s most complete system package and includes upgraded features like indoor cameras with two-way talk to help you see and hear your home even when you’re not there.
  • Five window/door sensors
  • One glass break sensor
  • One smoke and heat sensor
  • One indoor camera

Frontpoint security equipment

Frontpoint’s Build-Your-Own option lets you design the right protection package for your home. You can mix and match equipment if your home is unusually large or you have more specific needs than what’s offered with Frontpoint security packages. Some of Frontpoint’s most popular security equipment include:

• Frontpoint hub and keypad: On its own, this piece of equipment costs $249.99. Every Frontpoint system uses the hub and keypad. The hub is the command center for the entire system, and the keypad works in tandem to make sure things are safe and secure when you leave home.
  • Door/window sensor: Door/window sensors are $19.99 per sensor. These are small sensors that attach to openings in your home, such as doors, windows or cabinets.
  • Motion sensor: Frontpoint motion sensors cost $29.99 each. The technology can tell the difference between animals and people, which lets you limit your false alarms.
  • Smart door lock: Frontpoint’s smart door lock is $149.99. Its technology can easily be integrated with other Frontpoint systems.
  • Doorbell security camera: For $149.99, Frontpoint’s doorbell security camera gives you real-time access to your front door at all times. It offers two-way talk audio, one-way video footage and free video cloud storage so you can capture and document issues when they arise.
  • Keychain remote: Frontpoint’s keychain remote is $19.99. Frontpoint’s keychain remote can arm, disarm and control lights within 100 feet of the security hub.
  • Environmental sensors: Frontpoint offers three different environmental sensors. The smoke and heat sensor ($44.99) detects faint amounts of smoke and fire more efficiently than a traditional alarm. Frontpoint’s flood sensors ($24.99) notify you of leaks to help prevent expensive water damage. The carbon monoxide detector ($69.99) also alerts Frontpoint’s monitoring staff if triggered.

Frontpoint Security FAQ

Do you have to install Frontpoint yourself?
Yes, you have to install Frontpoint yourself. Security equipment devices come preprogrammed to make setup and utilization easier. Each product includes instructions for installation. Frontpoint also posts videos on its website with visual directions.

Even though Frontpoint tries to make it as easy as possible, some consumers still find the installation process difficult or confusing. If consumers have any issues installing a system, they should reach out to Frontpoint customer service for guidance.

Can I use Frontpoint without monitoring?
Not really. You can’t get Frontpoint without a monitoring contract, and Frontpoint equipment only works with the monitoring app.
Does Frontpoint have outdoor cameras?
Yes, Frontpoint sells outdoor cameras for $167.50. They include nighttime vision with infrared technology.
How much does Frontpoint cost per month?
Frontpoint monitoring starts at $44.99 per month. On the lower end, Frontpoint’s monitoring plan includes 24/7 professional monitoring, automated system checks, mobile alerts and monitoring. For a higher price, you can get features like live streaming, night vision, light and smart lock control and motion-triggered alerts.
What is Frontpoint’s return policy?
Frontpoint has a 30-day risk-free trial period. During this time, customers can install the system in their homes and try it to see if it fits their lifestyle. Within 30 days, customers can return the system using free shipping for a full refund.

Is Frontpoint a good security system?

Frontpoint could be a smart option for customers who don’t mind DIY system installation. What sets Frontpoint apart is its state-of-the-art equipment that’s also easy to use. It also offers a variety of plans and lets you build your system to ensure you receive customized coverage that fits your home. The company claims its teams respond up to 120 times faster than other alarm systems.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: March 13, 2020

A lot of these reviews mention contracts and Frontpoint does offer contracts but you get certain discounts for agreeing to them. Their equipment is super reliable and anything that breaks they fix quickly, for me it’s only been the panel and one sensor over my last 8 years as a customer. They sent the new panel overnight and the door sensor with FedEx ground. Both were free of charge and they gave me a prepaid label to send the old items back.

The complaints about the contract are ridiculous, you signed it and took your discount but now you want out for no good reason. Please. Stop trying to ruin a great company's reputation with these overblown exaggerated complaints. You probably refused to let them help fix the issue and/or just decided to not have security so you complained online hoping they would fold. You’re the problem, they’re a phenomenal company. I’ve been with a dozen other security companies and never had such a great experience as I’ve had with Frontpoint. If you’re reading this and having second thoughts spend a little more upfront and do the month to month deal. You can always upgrade to a contract later and get your discounts. You won’t be dissatisfied.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Frontpoint security was super easy to install and learn how to use. The price is right too. I own a physical medicine clinic and we put up cameras in all the public places to keep an eye on things just Incase anything weird happens. We really like it and it gives us peace of mind. The videos are easy to access on my phone 24/7. It’s already helped us a lot with issues that we would have had no control over had we not had the system in place. I highly recommend it. The cameras are magnetized so they just pop right on and off for easy charging. We thought the charging part might get old but but they run 24/7 and we just take them down once a week and they quickly charge and then we pop them right back up. We put small pieces of tape on the back of the cameras to label which ones go where. It’s so simple and we love them. Great purchase.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

We have had nothing but excellent response to alarms. They go all out to contact you, or your listed contacts to ensure you and your home are safe. We have been with Frontpoint since around 2008. GOOD JOB!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I have been customer for three years. If you never experience an alarm, then you can never have a problem. When you do have an alarm, you need to have the correct response. This is not the case with this company. No person was at home. Alarm went off. Front Point called to say alarm was going off, did I want them to call police. I said yes, I was 1300 miles from home. Police found nothing when they arrived. Couple days later another alarm. Front Point calls me, no answer. Front Point Calls wife, no answer. Front Points next step, send me an email letting me know my alarm went off. I saw that email THREE HOURS after it was sent. No police were sent because they did not make contact with my wife or myself. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE RESPONSE!!

At that point I contacted both neighbors and ask them just to check the area to see if anyone around the house or any sign of a break in. I felt it would be safe for them to check three hours plus later. Good news, everything ok. Contacted Front Point who came up with this fix, disarm parts of the system because we don’t know what is wrong. When you get home, contact us.

Here is the reason why not to have this product, think about it! What if this were to happen?
    #1

You are on a flight with your family. Your home is locked and alarmed. Alarm goes off. Your plane lands in 2 hours. You and wife can not be reached. The person or persons don’t know it but they have at least two hours to clean out the house because you will not see your messages and police are not called as you can not be reached at the time.

#2

You are a single women home alone. Time for bed so you alarm the system with motion turned off and head to bed. Someone enters through the door that was accidentally left unlocked triggering an alarm. Call is made to you but, you can not answer the phone as an armed intruder is standing in front of you. They send you an email??

I have been paying this company for three years entrusting the safety and security of my home and family only now to find out email may be their best response to a break in or home invasion. Tomorrow this company will be replaced with a very reliable company that I have known for years. I will never make this mistake again. If your concern is safety and security for your home and family, I would recommend that you do some more shopping and make sure to ask, “Tell me how you respond to an alarm?”

This is not a SECURITY COMPANY. They did offer me new components to replace existing parts of the system and also offered to give me a credit along with reducing my monthly fee in order to keep this account. Knowing what I now know about how this company response to alarms do they think I would put my home or family at risk to save a few dollars a month. If you are looking for home security, avoid, avoid, avoid this company.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

Today is 12/22/2020. I just bought a new home security system and need to cancel my service with FrontPoint. So I called in and found out that I already had service with for more than five years. After telling them my intention of cancellation, I was told I still had ten months remaining, which surprised me. Their reasoning is very absurd: I originally had three-year contract with them from 2015, I called in to change rate in 2017/11, with ten months remaining. After I stayed with them for three more years (2017-2020), that ten-month-remaining still remains. What a shame! Anyway, I am leaving that company even though I have to pay for nothing. And post here to warning other people to stay away from them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Over 15 years with this company. Poor customer service, expensive replacement parts and you receive a recorded message if your alarm goes off asking you if everything is okay not asking for password. If you plan on lying on the floor dead use them, if you are happy being alive go someplace else.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

After completing my 3 year contract with Frontpoint and after multiple calls to close my account, they are still charging my card 6 months after I requested the account be closed. Once again, on today's call, they tell me that I am required to give them 30 days notice and that another payment will be extracted, no exceptions. I told them after this kind of treatment, I would never go back to them. They do not care.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

We were happy paying customers since 2012, though over the last several years more and more just stops working, sensors stopped working, battery replacement no longer brings them back to life. We have 7 errors on our dashboard currently. They are deprecating all of the older systems on 1/1/21, forcing you to upgrade. We shopped around and decided to go elsewhere.

We notify them to cancel our policy and need to provide it in writing, but are told they charge an additional month after the cancelation as part of their policy. So they are charging us for a month of service that they couldn't offer due to updates on their systems. The rep from customer service was absolutely rude and terrible, it seemed like he saw joy in twisting the knife. The thousands we'd spent with this company, to be sent away like this is unacceptable. Expect a class action lawsuit for all legacy customers because this is fraud, you can not charge for a service that you cannot provide. Go elsewhere, you'll be glad.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

After a lengthy consultation in which we explained will NOT have WiFi at our cabin, the sales rep assured us that we would be fine with the system because it is cellular. It took us a while to install because the cameras are not do-it-yourself like we had been told...we had to hire an electrician to run power to the outside of the house. Upon activation, we learned that the cameras would not work. When we called Frontpoint, we were told that they need WiFi. We were very upset, having now put about $1800 into this after purchasing the system and hiring an electrician. Frontpoint refused to give us a refund and we are now months later and a supervisor won’t return my calls or emails. Meanwhile, they’re still charging us $56/month for monitoring we can’t use. Don’t be fooled by the slick white boxes, the customer service is horrible and they deliberately misled us and won’t fix the problem.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

When I signed up for a 3 year contract, they sold it as a good deal because the rates would not go up. Guess what was raised three months into the contract? The hardware was poor. The sensors failed to stick to the windows or doors and some would never work - it continuously reads that our back door is open when it is not. And now that the contract is complete, they are requiring me to pay for this month and next month. Contracting with Frontpoint was a poor choice that keeps costing me. I do not recommend their service.

Frontpoint author review by Ben Mannes

Frontpoint’s wireless smart home security pricing starts at $44.99 a month with no long-term commitment required.. With Frontpoint, you purchase your system outright. The upfront cost could be a few hundred dollars once you add extra sensors, remotes and other accessories.

• Security equipment: Packages include a control panel or base hub, a keypad, two window and door sensors, a motion sensor, a yard sign, window decals and door stickers. Glass-break sensors, smoke and heat sensors, indoor cameras and doorbell cameras are also available. Systems include sensors with crash-and-smash technology and fire alerts.

• Security features: Frontpoint's mobile apps let you access your security system and control your home from anywhere you have an internet connection with a computer or smartphone.

• Monitoring services: Interactive and Ultimate security plans include 24/7 professional monitoring services.

• Installation: All equipment is designed to be installed by the customer. Frontpoint's wireless sensors are easy to set up and require no hard wiring, which means the system can be moved to a new address with little effort.

• Trial period: Frontpoint doesn’t offer a free trial period. However, products include a three-year warranty.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Frontpoint Company Information