4.26/5
Based on 415 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 18, 2018

6152 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 18, 2018

We wanted a home security system and we felt it was better to have one. My husband dealt with a Frontpoint representative and everything I've heard had been good. He installed the system and everything seemed easy for him. He customized the package and we're very happy with our system and its features. Frontpoint’s equipment is of very good quality. Also, I use the smartphone app and it’s very good and easy. I would highly recommend Frontpoint. We have it in our business as well.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm & Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2018

The fact that Frontpoint is wireless makes it stand out from the competition. It's been a pleasant experience so far. Once I got the hang of it, the installation was easy. But there's been one little confusion with an app, which is the ability to lock or see the status of the system or lock it remotely. It's a feature that's available free the first 30 days and after that I have to pay an additional amount of money but I wasn't told that.

But the system is exactly what I needed. It's simple and provides the security that we need. Plus it is very cost effective compared to other companies out there. The system is at a rental property and the renters really like and use it. So that makes me feel good because I feel I provided an issue-less security features with the properties.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I decided to have Frontpoint based mostly on customer reviews. They’ve been responsive to questions and they help out when needed. The system was all self-installed and it was easy. The website and tools have been easy to use. For me that’s probably the biggest things. And for the pricing, it’s all good quality. It’s an economical choice.

Original review: May 16, 2018

We had ADT in here and I didn’t like their tactics at all. It was super high-pressure. Then my wife called Frontpoint and it was a much better experience overall. Everything was explained to her without any pressure and the price point was right. In terms of features, they had everything we could ever want as far as all the options with the cameras and the add-ons. Our service package was customized to what our house needed too.

The installation was easy and the instructions were good. It’s hard to make a one-size-fits-all text but I thought they did an overall pretty good job with it. They even called and emailed several times to stay in touch to see if we needed help. They instilled a lot of support. The system is good to have. You never know when you're gonna need it and I definitely feel better about having that than not having it. Everything seems to be functional and very good, and I use the app all the time. The only thing I wish it had was a timer where you can program a schedule or a time. Other than that, it’s excellent and simple to use. It was also good how Frontpoint was able to set up the sensors in the basement so that we can turn everything on when we go to sleep and not have to worry about setting off the sensors in the first floor.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I was doing research and a site said that Frontpoint was one of the number 1 rated, not just for the security service but also for the customer service --something that I thought was negative about some of the other companies I looked at. I’m happy with their customer service. This is my second Frontpoint. I have one in my first house and then I moved. The first one went through rather smoothly. And the second one, with the exception of the doorbell camera, which a little bit tricky, everything else seems to be fine.

My doorbell camera is not connecting to my Wi-Fi. I had an issue with it the first time and all of a sudden it worked and now it’s not working again so I need to follow up with them. But overall the system does the job. It's simple and user -friendly. Plus the cost is reasonable. I also like the app on my phone so I can arm it before I get home or if I forget. When the doorbell camera was working it was nice to have on my phone too. I have recommended Frontpoint to friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 15, 2018

I requested further information and a quote from Frontpoint via their website this morning as I am preparing to purchase a new home. I have already received no less than 9 phone calls, 1 email, and one voicemail within a span of 6 hours. If this is the initial customer service that I receive and get continuously bombarded with unnecessary information, NO THANKS! I am now blocking the number and will happily go with another company to protect my home. Thank you for helping me make this decision!!!

Frontpoint response

Kristin, we appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention and apologize for the amount of phone calls you received. It is never our intention to make you feel " bombarded" and want you to know that we will have our Sales Manager remove your information so you do not receive any additional calls.

Original review: May 15, 2018

We just moved to an area where there were some minor car break-ins so we got a security system for peace of mind. I did some research and there was marketing that said Frontpoint was the best company that was out there. So I called them up and just took a chance with them. The customer service has been excellent and the system has just been very user-friendly.

We're not extremely techie people and it was just that there was a problem with the system when it was sent out to us. We have a baby in the house and it took a while for us to get our system set up. They stayed in touch with us while we haven't set it up. And when we finally did get it set up, they had addressed one of the sensors incorrectly. I thought I had done something wrong in setting the system up myself but it turns out that it wasn’t something I did at all. It was something that they did when they set the system up and they were able to fix it easily and explained it to me. Beyond that there was no problem at all. So it was easily understandable and they explained it to me and walked with me through every step and stayed with me on the phone through every little minor thing that I did.

I'm satisfied with Frontpoint. I feel that we're covered with the glass breakage and the motion sensors in the area. But I would have liked to have more sensors available to cover all of the ground level entries, including the windows, in the basic package. That would have given me a little bit more peace of mind. However, they kind of appeased me with the glass breakage sensors and covering the main entry ways. I would like most of my windows to have sensors on them without having to purchase sensors for every window on the main level.

We're paying premium on the monthly so I don't know if we're going to keep it after the three-year contract. A three-year contract is long term to be locked into the agreement so I'm really not happy about that. And it's more expensive than some of the other companies. When I see other companies coming out with newer technology, I'm thinking maybe I would want to switch after. But hopefully this is a good system for us and we'll be okay. It's been everything that it said it was going to be. The system works and I would tell somebody that it's a good system except that I will be upfront that it's a three-year contract.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Frontpoint is very easy to set up versus using Comcast's alarm system. They have everything hotwired as well. Moreover if you have issues with the electrical system they got battery backup. It's working off cell towers versus electricity if there was an immediate issue to the alarm system. However, during the installation, I've been having issues with the control panel. I've ordered three control panels like key fobs that had some issues with it. So when I'm on the phone with Frontpoint they'd walk me through, but it ended up with them sending me another control panel. Furthermore, the control panels go out from time to time, the sensors would go out as well so the issue is more with the actual equipment versus the staff and that type of deal.

While the system is doing its job, for the most part, I'm not happy with how the equipment operates and then when I called to rectify the situation it ended up with having to replace it. So I don't know if it's old or refurbished equipment. And it has been my issue with Frontpoint since I have two properties that I'm using the security system with and I'm having the same problem with another property and equipment as well.

The part that gets frustrating is when it comes to securing my property and there's an issue with the control panel. That means I can't secure my property. If someone was to break in or something happens within the time I'm waiting for them to mail the equipment, then my question would be who would be responsible? And it happened three or four times and they have it on record as well that they replaced it and sent it in the mail, or one of the sensors would go out and no longer working as brand new after having it for two months.

Other than that, the app on the phone is user-friendly. It's simple and I like it. I started using the video feature months ago but you have to connect it to WiFi so it's a different experience. And I'm not a big fan of it since the way the equipment works as far as recording, is that it only records if somebody breaks in or if the alarm goes off. So to my knowledge when I spoke to them they didn’t have the 24-hour recording or where you can record and leave it in the cloud. My experience with Comcast, which was my security provider in the past, is that they have that feature. In fact, I was almost to the point where I'm actually considering switching back because of the type of work I'm in. I need to know what's happening to the property at all times and not being able to view it 24-hours is gonna be an issue. Because for me it's more about protecting the property or at least the person's line of defense.

Sure you can’t stop a person from breaking in, but the difference is that it's able to notify me when it needs to notify me when something's happening, so I can notify the police. Incidentally, two of the service fans on my property ended up coming up missing. I had no clue who did it, didn’t go to look at the video to see who was the last person that was in. I was able to know the last person who left but throughout the day there were five or six people who were coming in and out. While the camera was in the right position, but where the inventory was at, I can't go and see unless somebody actually breaks in. But they have permission to be there.

People are asking me about Frontpoint and I tell them it's good. The customer service representatives are helpful and knowledgeable. The system is also easy to work with. It lets you know if somebody wants to break in and it notifies you right away. But if you're looking for it to help let you know what's going on with the property or the issues going on, that wouldn’t be a good system to purchase.

Original review: May 14, 2018

We moved to a new town and everybody I know here has a security system. Frontpoint is modular which is its big selling point and I ordered what I wanted and I could add on to it later on if I wanted to. It's a DIY kit and I just unpacked it and installed it. But I had a problem installing their system, so I called the helpdesk and the guy I talked to was extremely helpful and patient. He walked me through the process of making sure that the magnets were connecting correctly.

My wife wants a camera because we worry about mail theft and I've been fixed to see what's on sale. However, I usually do things by trial and error. If I did this wrong, the consequences are bad. I’m not sure if I did a good job or not and the only way to find out is if we’re gonna be house broken into or if somebody will invade us while we’re there. They only tell us to try to test our home system.

The app is adequate but I wish it was integrated into IFTTT because I am an IFTTT guy when I have access to it and I like to integrate stuff through the whole connectivity of things. I was really considering the competing product which was 100% IFTTT integrated and they were cheaper. But my attitude towards things I don’t know is I will take friends’ suggestions over my own research because they have used the product and they're happy with it. and I have two friends who are super smart people and they have Frontpoint. I like the fact I can turn it on and go to sleep and not get stressed out because it makes it worth the money.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Getting a home security system was something I always wanted to do. I've gotten estimates from other companies and I had spoken to a friend of mine who had recently gone with Frontpoint, and he raved about it. I checked with Frontpoint to get the costs and how to set it up. I was impressed with their service and the ability to set it up myself was the ultimate reason why I decided to go with them. And, they didn’t push to sell additional products. They tried to keep it to a minimum because I had a limited budget. I appreciated their honesty but I decided to go with extra things on my own.

I'm handy and the installation was easy. The online instructions were self-explanatory and it came with some in the box with the equipment as well. I just needed somebody to help me through the installation, so I called them a few times. I spoke to a couple of reps who checked on things that were a bit different in my house than some other folks' house. I'm somebody who wanted to make sure I was doing things right so I relied on them to verify that. And they walked me through it and stayed with me on the line. It only took a couple hours for me to hook it up and everything worked out great.

All the features are so easy to use from the panel to the window sensors and even the fire detector that I put upstairs. What I like most about the system is having the app to be able to check on the house at any point in time to make sure that things are okay. Overall, the whole package is great and the quality of the equipment is very good.

The only disappointing thing, but I don't think there's any way around it, is that the equipment itself has double inches of tape that goes on to the unit. I had to move on with the glass break sensor and I couldn’t get the tape off of the wall that was on it. But to be able to move the equipment from room to room I ssimple. Also, they included tapes in the package for free. I could call Frontpoint and they were more than willing to send me as many free tapes or even window sensors as I needed it. When it gets warmer in summertime and I wanted to open the windows but I wanted the alarms to still arm, they gave me 15 additional magnets for free to allow me to do that, which was great too.

For the initial purchase of the system, the cost was well within the range that I wanted to spend so I was happy with that. The monthly cost of $45 was a bit much but I knew that depending on what company you go with, the prices do vary. My friend might have gotten a different package but his system was about $10 cheaper, but it wasn’t something that was gonna make me turn away from going with Frontpoint. I read a lot about them and looked at the reviews, checked out the company, and everything sounded great. So, paying the additional $10 premium was working in the end.

I live alone and not that I was ever worried about a break-in but I thought that having a home security system was good for the safety factor of what could happen. Also, it was good for the reduction in the homeowner's insurance which ended up being huge for me. Now that I have the system, I have the peace of mind that when I'm away from the house, things are okay. And I feel so much better than I never realized before.

I have referred Frontpoint to other people. I told them that every single rep who I spoke to whether it was customer service or technical person, they were all fantastic. I've spoken to so many of them and it was like talking to the same one over and over as far as their demeanor and the way they handle themselves. They didn't get frustrated with really dumb questions that I may have asked. What I like most about them is they make me feel like I'm part of their family and that they are looking out for me. The other companies that I've spoken to just sounded like they were reading off of cards. At Frontpoint, they take the time to explain and they have a secure customer service on all ends in my dealings with them.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I wanted a security system for my house so I would know if somebody broke in and another one for my business because my insurance plan doesn’t work without it. Frontpoint was my first choice for both. I like the price and it's easy to install by myself. They also work if the power goes out. It works off a satellite and doesn't need internet.

To install, you need to go to their website where their app tells everything, down to how to peel the tape off and stick the door or glass break sensor on. Then it will test the system for you, any window or door open and closed. When you're done, you call Frontpoint and they will ask you whether you want to do a dummy system for a few days to get used to it, in case you accidentally trip an alarm or want to alert the authorities, you can start that day, which is what I did because I already had the Frontpoint system at my house.

The features are good. I had gotten everything that was required by my insurance company for my business. We just needed door sensors and glass breaks. Overall, what they offer is great and if you're willing to pay some more money, you could get whatever you want in terms of security. I can't stay logged into both my business and my house system at the same time so I usually just keep my smartphone logged into my house so I get alerted if anything happens.

Original review: May 14, 2018

The neighbor’s house across the street was broken into so I decided to purchase a home security system. The Frontpoint sales guy knew what he was talking about and looking at reviews and how I could set their system up, I liked the fact that it was self-service because I am in a rural area and can’t get landline service where I’m at. It was simple to set up the system. Once I ordered it, a box came with the equipment and instructions. Everything was labeled and the system itself is basically just magnets. So, when I pull them apart, it sets off the alarm. If I put a magnet on the door frame and the door itself, it pulls those magnets apart whenever I swing it open. They also have the doorbell feature with the camera that has an app for the phone where I can access over my mobile but I haven’t set it up yet.

Also, they have a piece of equipment that measures the frequency of sound and it’s supposed to measure if glass breaks. But I don’t know how well that works or not. So that is my concern because we have a sliding glass door at the back of the house and I don’t know if the sensor would turn off in that. Moreover, I had mentioned to the sales guy that I live on a farm and only have one neighbor across the street and it’s quite a distance. I wanted to make sure that the alarm was loud enough that they could hear it but it is not really that loud. There could be a way to turn it up. Nonetheless, the system has been good and I’d recommend Frontpoint.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I had ADT previously and with Frontpoint, I liked the fact that I can install everything myself and it was very easy. The instructions that it came with was very easy to follow and straightforward. Its features are the fanciest ones I've had. I have a very low-level package with the cameras but it does everything I need to do. Also, I was pleased with their representatives. They answered quickly and I was off with them after two minutes.

Original review: May 13, 2018

We bought a home security system mostly for the fire monitoring and Frontpoint had good reviews. We worked out the price point and it was better than comparable companies. My girlfriend dealt with their customer service and she seemed pretty happy with it. And the installation instructions were pretty straightforward. The installation was easy and we're pretty savvy with that stuff. Also, we bought a lot of sensors to make sure we cover all the doors and windows and putting them up was no big deal. We like the features of the system. It does what we need and there's not a lot of excess crap. We have large dogs and not being forced to take motion sensors was nice. And the fire monitoring was really good. I would suggest Frontpoint over the alternatives.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I've been having issues with one of my daughters who has been sneaking out at night. So, I needed a way to try to keep her safe. I like the fact that Frontpoint checks the sensors regularly to make sure that they are working so I don't have to worry about a sensor being dead. Their customer service were excellent. They've been very helpful and easy to get me where I needed to be. And the installation was pretty smooth. One of the sensors didn't wanna read on my device and I had to go through customer service to do that. Also, when we got some of higher numbered sensors, we were having so many issues and they got those figured out.

The system is running as it should but I wish that I have the ability to select devices to be on and off. I got them on all the doors and stuff that I need but at the same time, especially as the weather warms, I would like to be able to leave a window or a door opened for a while after I've locked it and then set it just at night. It doesn't allow me that variability but that would be a huge plus. Other than that, it's very easy to use and I've been pleased with it.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I'm out a lot and there's no one home. I have used another home security system in the past and Frontpoint has more features like the glass break sensors, which I didn't have before. Frontpoint's monthly rate is lesser than the one I had before but the the equipment costs more. Even so the customer service people from Frontpoint were helpful with my budget. I customized the system. We talked about the size of the house and what I wanted covered. After the equipment came, I wasn’t able to set it up right away and I had second thoughts so I called about sending it back and Frontpoint was able to give me four months free to keep using it and also reduce my rate again, which was great. However, I've noticed my billing doesn’t seem to reflect the reduced rate so it's on my list to call them and find out what they're charging me and why it's not the rate that we discussed.

I also had a little bit of problem with the sensors needing to be reset but I when called the helpline they were able to walk me through every step and then they were able to pull up the system while I was doing it. They told me one that was cleared and I could move to the next one. I also use the Frontpoint smartphone app all the time and I like it. All in all, I feel better having this Frontpoint system than not knowing what's going on at home. I would tell a friend that I did a lot of comparison and Frontpoint is very competitive and the customer service gives them an advantage.

Original review: May 13, 2018

My husband works out of state and we live out in the country and we have a nine-year-old, so we got a home security system for our peace of mind. There was a local home security company but we had to have a phone line and it was just more aggravation. And we didn't want to go for broadband commercial as ADT. We ended up going to Frontpoint. Every interaction that we’ve ever had with Frontpoint reps has always been very friendly and very caring.

When my husband hooked everything off and we eventually went lost, the guy was so helpful and even gave us options to try and to send help for few days, getting used to the system before going lob with it. Our system is always up and running but anytime that I’ve had an issue, I’ve never hanged up, disappointed or not had an issue resolved. The reps always go above and beyond what could help or satisfy the need. The installation was very easy but it just took time setting stuff up. The most difficult thing was setting up the triangle and the center into the magnet and then getting it wind up correctly.

We have the panel and sensors in our package. We have a special glass break sensor which is a little box that sits in the living and it will radiate a panel of glass breaking within so many feet. Frontpoint’s equipment is great but the volume is too quiet. The panel is at the back door but being that the alarm is 15 feet away, the panel is not that loud whenever the alarm goes off. My husband was told that we can go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and they sell additional speaker that is compatible with our panel.

Since having the system, our sense of security has gone up some. We also have security cameras as well so we have a double peace of mind. My husband recommended Frontpoint to his boss, and his boss is a Frontpoint customer as well now. The rep that my husband spoke to was the same rep that his boss spoke to with setting up his account. The rep got him the same rate that we got and we were told that we and my husband’s boss were going to be given a free month. But I haven’t heard anything about it or received that free amount.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I had a girlfriend who was gonna be living here while I was deployed. She really wanted a home security system so I got one from Frontpoint. I worked with one lady and she seemed nice. Then, I installed the equipment myself which was pretty easy to do. I just followed the instructions, looked online, and watched their videos. I got the basic package as I didn't really need much and so far, the features are fine. I have Frontpoint's system for six months now and the cost is pretty much on par for what it is.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I've only had the Frontpoint alarm system for less than a year but it seems to be working fine. The way things are in the world, I decided to purchase a home security system. Besides, I'm gone a lot of times and the house sits empty so I spoke to Frontpoint's sales representatives. During the installation, everything was straightforward. The way the box came with everything packaged and labeled and went together was great. I tried to get into their phone app for their smartphone feature but I gave up because I'm not really computer-literate and so I didn’t get that far. Nonetheless, their cost seems fair compared to the other systems that I was researching. All in all, it's nice to know that the system is there and armed, and I can be notified if something does happen.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 12, 2018

The purchase was super easy and my system was overnighted to me and arrived as promised. Not as promised are the following: I expected everything to be ready to go. The control panel is not the one shown in advertisements and on the web. That one, with the touch panel cost hundreds more. What I received instead is old and in need of a plug. So, I could not keep it by the front door since all I have is wall space... unless I want to sit it on the floor. It could be hardwired but this is DIY, right?

Then there is the front door camera. It too must be PLUGGED IN. I was not told that in order to use the camera I would need to run a plug across my porch and up my wall. Great news for a thief.... just unplug it. Looks good too. AND... when I called for help I received not one iota of concern. Not even any questions about why I was upset with the system. I was simply informed that I had to call back during business hours for a refund. You can purchase on a weekend but no sending back in equal easy fashion.

Frontpoint response

Leah, thank you for taking the time to bring this experience to our attention. We apologize for any negative experience you feel you have had as that is definitely not our goal here at Frontpoint. Rest assured, one of our Support Supervisors is looking into your account now and will be reaching out to address your concerns in detail and make sure you are fully taken care of moving forward. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: May 12, 2018

It got kind of rough in my neighborhood and I got broken into three times. I went on the internet and Frontpoint was highly rated and reasonable. They answered all my questions and told me anything I wanted to know. The guy that put the system in checked everything out too. I feel safer with Frontpoint. With the signs up my neighborhood, people know I have the system. Even our guests know if somebody comes to the house. Frontpoint is a great system. It's easy to install and I like it.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I have two small children and I work at night and I'm not always here. My parents have always had security systems, which is better to be careful than sorry. I like Frontpoint’s wireless technology even though I feel like there's capacity for more. We had a miscommunication with the reps when I first purchased the Frontpoint. I had a $250 promotional package through my job and it was never put in the account at first. I had called three months later and they had put it on. When I called, they said they were gonna issue a non-payment, but we're still gonna have service for the next five months because it's $50, five months. Then I found this email clarifying that for the next five months I don't have to pay anything. I checked my credit card two days ago and I saw that they're still taking the $50 out. I was actually gonna call them and ask why that is still going on. But other than that the salesperson was awesome and was a nice guy.

Quality-wise, the backside sticker that they stick on needs to be a little better because it has come off two or three times. There had been three or four occasions that the panel has alarmed and as soon as 10-minutes of the actual alarm, they called me. And after 10 minutes of that, they sent a police car. That happened three times because my son has pulled the alarm by mistake and disconnected it. But it was fine. As soon as I didn’t pick up that phone call Frontpoint had sent a police just to check if everything was okay.

The Frontpoint system is a little pricey but I now understand it's pricey because it's wireless and we pay more. There are other promotions that are $35, $30, and $29 but they're wired and we have to have a specialist come in and do it all, or I could do it myself if I want. The equipment is alright and updated and they've definitely updated the website too. I'll tell my friends it's better to be secure than sorry. Frontpoint is not a bad company. It's quality and they gotta pay a bit more for that quality.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I got Frontpoint for my office and it's the third account I've had with them. I had a good interaction with the sales rep and the installation was easy. I did it myself and it took five minutes to complete. The keypad's getting dated, but the equipment and the smartphone features are good.

Original review: May 12, 2018

We were in an apartment complex and when we moved to a new house, we wanted a home security system. I liked that Frontpoint had the cellular option and I also liked the ease of the website. It was not too cluttered and crazy there. We were able to customize our package and then we added a couple more things later, like our window sensors. I was nervous about the installation ‘cause I’m not very good at following directions. But my husband did it and it was really easy. The Frontpoint team has been really great too. We’ve even gotten the same person whenever we've had an issue. He remembers us and dealing with them has been really easy.

The cost is competitive but I’d like it to be a little bit better, maybe $5 less. It’s still a little bit more expensive than what we wanted to pay, the system is working and it’s nice. I like the smartphone features. Sometimes, it doesn’t have service but that's the internet and besides, that hasn’t been a problem. Even yesterday, we got a ring. There out the front door was a DHL delivery service and I told him I’d be there in five minutes. He said he had always rang doorbells and nobody ever ended up talking to him. That was the first time and I thought that was cool.

Original review: May 12, 2018

We were already with Frontpoint and we just renewed it. Their representatives that I spoke to have been pleasant and they’ve been accurate with the information. The system’s monitor is great and the sensors are working well. Also, the connection and the hookup was easy to do, especially that their technicians were walking me through it. They were great and did an excellent job. One time I was using a Wedevag and it set off the fire alarm sensor. The reps were able to alert me about the situation quickly and let me know what was going on. They deactivated the system until I completed the job and then they reactivated it, so that was excellent. Frontpoint is affordable and I’m pleased with them.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We live in a safe neighborhood but my wife had concerns so we decided to purchase a home security system for her peace of mind. We like Frontpoint's ratings and their modular system. I called to get the prices and see how their system works. Their reps didn't try to oversell me with anything. They suggested what to install and they told me that if I want to add anything later, the process is very easy. Also, their cost is much the same as ADT or with Slomin's. While ADT has a couple of things that Frontpoint doesn't have like the fire alarm, I already have that. Moreover, Frontpoint has no service contract, which I like and that I don't have to get a landline too. It is good just using cellular.

The guy that I talked to knew everything. He answered all the questions that I had and explained the benefits. He didn't stumble any questions, so I went with them. I was fine with the self-install. I was comfortable. Everything was easy with the app that they have and it takes you step-by-step. As far as applying all the actual sensors, they were just on stickers, so it was easy. I wish though that they had better cameras. So far, there hasn't been any false alarms or any other problems. Everything is on through the app, so I never have to go to the number pad. We haven't had any problems logging on as well. Since having Frontpoint, my wife feels much more secure.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I was not happy with the security company that I had and they did not respond on time, so I thought it was about time to change it. I went online and looked for a good security system. I trusted Google they gave me Frontpoint’s name, and I called them. The interaction I had with the representatives from Frontpoint was good. Their technical department was also good. They were available, they answered and they helped, and this was the thing that I was looking for at this age. I thought the company was going to send somebody to install it, but I installed the system and found it out by myself. But when I have a problem, I call and they help me fix it. Frontpoint is better than the other company that I had.

Original review: May 11, 2018

My security system with another company was terrible, so I went with Frontpoint. However they didn’t have installers, so it was a self-install which was cool and cheap. But I couldn’t hang this thing on my wall and I had to figure it out. Other than that, they got a good product for a good price so I was happy with it.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We were living in a neighborhood that was un-gated, so we got a Frontpoint home security system. They were the cheapest then. We found them online and then we talked to a sales rep. We wanted to keep searching for other companies, but they were a little pushy like we had to set up the system right then and there or we were gonna lose the rate. They sent us the contract which we digitally signed. And then, they sent us the alarm system and put it up ourselves. The installation was easy. It was just plugged in and we had to put it near one of our main doors and stick it to the windows. We thought it was a good system although the quality wasn't the best, but it wasn’t the worst either. It was very sensitive that there were some points where the alarm would just go off.

Now, we live in an apartment in a gated community so we're not using the system anymore. We knew about the contract, but we didn’t think that we had to move out of the house because the people that we were renting it from sold it and we were forced to find another place. It was all within six months of signing this three-year contract with Frontpoint and Frontpoint didn’t wanna help us, so we're stuck with it. They should be more sensitive to their customers in different situations. They were quick to sign us up but when we needed help they weren’t willing to. I would tell others about the contract. If they own their house, then cool. If not, they should think about it.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I replaced my previous security system company and went with Frontpoint after I read a review online. My experience with them and the quality of the hardware have been fine and though the cost of their service is a bit higher than others, it’s not too far out of line.

Frontpoint expert review by Erin Raub

Frontpoint was founded in 2007 and offers home security in all 50 states. The company prides itself on its cutting-edge technology and excellent customer service, which wins rave reviews from consumers enamored with Frontpoint's high quality monitoring at fair prices.

• Installation: All Frontpoint equipment is designed to be installed by the consumer, so the company doesn’t employ any installation technicians. This saves consumers a significant amount of money when getting a new system.

• Mobile access: Frontpoint's mobile apps let you access your security system, review information and control your home from anywhere you have an Internet connection via computer or smartphone.

• Cellular monitoring: The Frontpoint Control Panel communicates with the Monitoring Center via cell phone, so it's not dependent on a phone line. Even if your home phone line is cut or the system is smashed, your alarm will send out a cell alert to Frontpoint Monitoring.

• Portable: Frontpoint's 100 percent wireless sensors are easy to set up and require no hard wiring, so a Frontpoint security system can be easily moved to a new address.

• Equipment cost: With Frontpoint, you purchase your equipment outright. While your upfront cost could be a few hundred dollars once you add extra sensors, remotes and other accessories, purchasing your equipment can actually save you money in the long run. Frontpoint equipment has a three-year warranty.

• Best for: DIYers, homeowners, renters and tech-savvy shoppers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Frontpoint Company Information