1.79/5
Based on 50 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 22, 2018

5777 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I had a terrible experience with this company. I never used the product and paid $49 a month for over 2-years. I called to discontinue service and the customer service representative, David, was very rude and condescending. I will need to pay over $560 if I would like to discontinue service. He told me that “if I did not intend to use this service, then this was not a good choice for me.” He compared the use of Frontpoint to a cell phone provider. When I questioned his logic, and why he was saying this — he argued with me about why I was incorrect.

There was a tremendous difference in tone and flexibility with the representatives who set up the service, and those who answer the calls to discontinue service.

I understand that not activating the service was an odd choice, but I was not asking for a refund. I found the setup process difficult (the installation of the video cameras) and kept putting it off until I sort of gave up on the whole thing. Regardless, the call with David was unpleasant and unprofessional. I would be very careful about what you are signing up for when you choose this company.

Frontpoint response

We are very surprised to read the details of your review as they are far from the Frontpoint experience and quality of service we aim to provide all of our customers. One of our Support Supervisors is attempting to contact you to make sure you are entirely taken care of moving forward. At your earliest convenience, please give us a call back so we can address your concerns in detail. Thanks for this feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

We had an account with Frontpoint. We own the monitoring system, paid for it upfront. We sold our house and moved out of state. They are insisting we pay 80% of the remaining contract (18 months left of a 3 year contract) in order to cancel service. The only other option is to ask the buyer of our home to take over the contract. NEVER AGAIN-- 80% is ridiculous-- we will be getting a security system at our new rental-- it will not be Frontpoint!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

1st: Frontpoint Security continues to hold my security deposit on a system that was cancelled. On Jan. 10, I spoke with Alex ** and Alejandro cancelling my order and account and requested a refund of my deposit. They told me they would cancel my account and refund my deposit once Frontpoint received the security system. They told me to refuse the package when it comes. I received an email that the system was shipped on Jan. 13. I called again on Jan. 17, I spoke with Vishal **. He told me I would be refunded within 3 to 5 business days. I never got the refund. On Jan 18, I got an email from Frontpoint stating they received the returned equipment.

Jan. 27, 2018, I called again and was told the equipment was received and that my credit card would be credited the entire refund within 3 to 5 days. Again, sadly, it did not happen. Today, Feb. 2, 2018, I called a representative and left a message inquiring about my refund. After leaving the message, I immediately filed this complaint with the BBB. 2nd: Today is Saturday, Feb. 3rd. Started reviewing bills for the month and noticed that Frontpoint has now charged my bank account a monthly service fee of $47.69. WHAT?! Now, I have to do another report to BBB concerning Frontpoint. Everyone, please, keep notes. My experience with Frontpoint is horrible. I am, also, contacting my attorney later today.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. We are glad to see that you are working with one of our Support Supervisors and that they are assisting you with that refund. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you moving forward.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Overall fairly good experience however, I had called to reassign the contract to me since I am getting a divorce however, they said I would have to pay $69 to do this even though it's clearly my name on the pay to account and billing address. You would think that since they've had a customer consistently pay the bill that changing a name would be a none issue. Now I have to wait until the end of the contract to change and I'm really not comfortable with having my ex have any access.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

The initial sales call is very pushy, but I was ready to buy, so it didn't really put me off. I also liked the idea that the sales rep sold me on which was that I would always be able to contact him directly. Despite my attempts to do so I have never spoken to him again since The initial sales call. Not that it matters because I realize now that it doesn't matter who you talk to at Frontpoint. The problem is the equipment, so short of changing the equipment to something which isn't cheap junk, no one at Frontpoint will be able to help.

The first 3 months of our Frontpoint service was excellent and mostly trouble free. Their customer service representatives have for the most part been nice and eager to try to help, but nice is irrelevant when the equipment doesn't function as it should. The equipment is bulky and looks old and clunky. After 12 months it started to function as such. Sometimes taking several minutes to several hours to actually arm and disarm, sometimes never actually arming at all. One night we went out for a Christmas gathering, and in the few hours we were gone we could not manage to remotely arm the system and when we returned the system was still not responsive via the app.

The app showed repeated arming signals being sent, but never managed to successfully arm. Attempting to resolve this with customer service always resulted in "your signal looks good". They have offered to escalate it further and have me sit on the phone and troubleshoot the system, but I'm afraid I don't have that kind of time, nor would I want to waste it on troubleshooting if I did.

The door sensors are an eyesore. Our door leading into the garage is sprung and closes on its own, so it slams a lot. The door closing itself was enough to damage the door sensor. Frontpoint offered to sell me a new one. I was able to make it work again by moving the magnet portion of the switch to where it touches the sensor when the door closes to actuate the switch.The sensors on the exterior garage door get stuck often, showing the door is open when it is not. So you end up having to open and close it a few times before it works again. When I called them their questions were so idiotic and condescending that I hung up and decided to just live with it.

Their motion sensors are a joke. We had to reposition them so many times to get them to stop giving false alarms, to the point where their locations are practically useless. We were recently out of the country and the false alarms started again. Since we were unreachable when the company Frontpoint contracts the monitoring duties to would call, they dispatched the police for every false alarm, which has now resulted in a bill from the local sheriff's department. So we had to start using the system in stay mode only, which only works if an intruder comes in through a door. Of course the offending sensor stopped activating after we switched to stay.

Next there's the delay. 30 seconds for the alarm to go off and 30 seconds of the alarm actually going off before Frontpoints monitoring cronies lift a finger. That's a minute. One minute for an intruder to wander around your house and do whatever they want before anyone notices. Where I'm at now is having to pay both Frontpoint and another alarm company for monitoring services, because paying for the time left in your contract to receive nothing sounds incredibly stupid to me. I feel like Frontpoint generates more revenue from contract cancellations than they do from actual subscribers.

I look forward to the day I can remove all of the Frontpoint equipment and throw it in the trash where it belongs. My house is pre-wired so every window and door has a sensor on it, this includes motion or glass break sensors in all rooms. I'd much rather have the complete coverage and dependability of the hard-wired equipment.

Frontpoint response

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us. Rest assured, one of our Support Supervisors is looking into your account and will be reaching out to address all of your concerns in detail and make sure you are entirely taken care of. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I’ve been a customer for over two years now. Never had a problem from customer support until now. I’m currently going through a nasty divorce and I’ve been left with numerous bills including the Frontpoint system which is attached to the house my husband is keeping. I am living with my parents. They have their own alarm. I have no one to transfer the account to as my husband is unwilling to help me. When I called Frontpoint to ask for help and explained my situation I was told I could pay $400 to cancel the remainder of my contract. The other option was for my husband to keep it. That’s it.

I can’t afford to pay that amount when, and when I told them that they offered no other solutions. I’m paying for an alarm that my husband has now turned off and it’s sitting in a box. The lack of compassion for someone in my situation was unreal. I understand contracts but this is something I needed their help with, an extraordinary life circumstance and an abusive relationship. They offered me zero reasonable resolution. I would not suggest this company due to the lack of compassion they’ve shown me and I’ve made it a point to tell everyone to stay as far away from this company as possible.

Frontpoint response

Virginia, thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Rest assured, we have one of our Support Supervisors looking into your account and will have them reach out to help you. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I have had Frontpoint for a little over three years. Unlike some others, I did know that I had a 3 year contract going in. I began to attempt to cancel the service a few days ago. I am wishing to have a different service take over the monitoring, as $42.99 is too expensive for a system with few sensors, no cameras, no smoke detectors, or anything else. They were willing to drop the price to $32.99/month, if I do another 3 year contract. I don't wish to have another contract and be locked in. It is ridiculous to require a contract for monitoring on customer owned equipment! (I paid for the equipment upfront!)

Since I started canceling the service, I spoke with a few different monitoring companies, and determined what information and actions I need from Frontpoint to allow a new company to monitor. I need to have the system set to default, or have the installer code. They agreed to provide the installer code. Good so far. I also need them to release the cellular module in the system, so the new company can access it. They have refused to release the module, saying that "they can't". That means that the only way a new company can monitor the system is for me to purchase a new cellular module. Their customer rep has been less than helpful.

As for the system itself, in the three years we have had it, we have never been able to use the three motion detectors in the house. They continuously faulted, and falsed even when in a kitchen cabinet. I attempted to resolve this several times with Frontpoint, but ultimately gave up. From that point on, I disabled the motion detectors, and simply had the doors monitored. Even then, we have had several falses with the garage door sensor, including one in the middle of the night. We arm the system as if we are home, even when away, which disables the motion sensors.

To sum up, the system never worked properly. I just gave up trying to spend time to troubleshoot the system using their phone support. Frontpoint has NO technicians that they can send out to assist. You are simply on your own. Couple that with the obstacles put in the way, and you have an unhappy customer! That said, if the service from Frontpoint was better, the system worked as it should, and the price was more reasonable, I would have never canceled. I would not recommend them at this point.

Frontpoint response

Gary, we appreciate you taking the time to share your story with us. It is important to us that you always receive the help you need which is why we are going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to address your concerns in detail. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Resolution response: Jan. 22, 2018

A supervisor contacted me and was able to resolve the issues. She was much more helpful that previous customer service personnel. The issue was resolved so I added a star for their help.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I had another security system at my old house. When I purchased my new house, I wanted another system and decided to check out Frontpoint. I told the salesperson my concerns with systems and he assured me Frontpoint was the best and had great customer service, so I went with them. I was still living in an apartment at the time and was told to go ahead and get it mailed there so I would have it. I never installed the system and have been paying for over a year (automatically taken from credit card). Times got hard, card is maxed out, so I tried canceling it... But BOOM! A THREE YEAR CONTRACT!

My last system was only a year and had no problems when I canceled. Times are hard and I can't afford my monthly statement, but if I pay 80% of the contract that's left they won't send my account to collections! WHAT?! I called and the only other option is to transfer the system to someone else. But I wouldn't suggest this company to anyone. Read the fine print and go with someone else. I should be able to send the untouched system back and they keep what I've paid, end of contract!

Frontpoint response

Jenny, we understand that some things occur in life no one expects and this is why we are surprised to hear the description of your interactions with us.You deserve the help you need and we strive to do this for every customer no matter what. Rest assured, we are going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to hear more about your specific situation and do whatever we can to help you. Thanks for sharing your feedback and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Let me start off by saying I am a new homeowner so I was looking for the best alarm company, so I used Google. That is how I found out about Frontpoint. Customer service is excellent. When I accept these terms, the young lady did not tell me this was a 3 year agreement. When my alarm went off they did not call me. Thank God it was a false one. You have to set up the equipment yourself. My motion detector keeps falling so I feel they are useless. Don't make the same mistake. Research more. I would of chose different.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

First their system was not compatible with our new home. Then when we tried to cancel they wanted to charge us over 600 dollars. Or pay them another few hundred to buy more equipment from them. The person on the line was not very helpful. Please don't get a contract with them.

Frontpoint response

Divya, we appreciate your feedback. It is important to us that you receive the help you need which is why we have one of our Support Supervisors looking into your account and will have them reach out to assist you shortly. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Bad equipment, bad communication. Equipment arrived broken or incorrect, they replaced it with the wrong item, charged me for the wrong item even though I sent it back. Later, faulty motion detector sensor (it was in a closed drawer because it wasn't working!) set off alarm twice when I was out of town and I didn't even find out they had dispatched the police either time until 2 months later!!!

They called once but I did not receive it as I was abroad. I received no follow up call, voicemail, email, text, alert in the app I pay extra to be able to have, smoke signal, pigeons or anything. They just called the cops and then NEVER TOLD me that happened. I found out months later when I was calling customer service about the broken equipment. Apparently you can go into your online control panel to receive some kind of additional email alert, but this was never explained to me. This is concerning 1) because it was their faulty equipment that caused the alarm to trigger and 2) now the neighbors in my shady neighborhood knew the alarm went off but I wasn't home to do anything when the cops came.

Customer service was great on the initial call (when they wanted to sell me an expensive contract), but afterwards has been AWFUL. I have called Customer Service 20+ times since having this system trying to work through all the details to just to make this system work. The senior customer service man assigned to deal with me admitted multiple times that my case was an "anomaly" and that I should not be experiencing this level of difficulty, but was hostile on his calls with me, accusing me of not being willing to work with them to fix the problems THEY created by giving me broken and mistaken equipment not once, not twice, but THREE times.

At one point I was even assigned a Customer Service Supervisor who promised he would be my direct point of contact to help work through any further issues. However, he has never replied to my emails requesting simple information about how my system works so we can avoid another false alarm and lack of notification. I have spent hours and hours trying to resolve this, until I finally begged them to just us part ways since, as they admitted, my experience with them has been particularly terrible. However, very unfortunately I'm stuck with them for years to come.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. We first want to sincerely apologize for the experience you feel you have had with us as it is far from the Frontpoint experience and quality of service we aim to provide our customers. We have sent your information to the Support Supervisor and will have them reach out to you shortly. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Resolution response: Jan. 16, 2018

Ok I’m back to five stars! Like they deserved! To make the story short because it’s kind of long the took care of me and my issue with my app. The technician took his time to make sure that I had have my peace of mind and my confidence back to my system. He even made sure that all my sensors on the panel were in sync with my app and had the patient to answer a thousand questions that I had about my system. To me that’s what I call excellence in customer service! Thank you so much Frontpoint and you can count on me on the next renewal. Keep up the good work!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Everything was going good with the Frontpoint App until my control Panel froze. When I receive the replacement it throw the whole sensor detection out of whack. Not only I tried to get help I had to unfortunately deleted all 39 sensors and have to relearn one by one which was a time consuming. Well now that I finished with the Control Panel my app when out of whack. So if I open the side door it gives me the wrong notification of front door instead. I’m so frustrated that I’m really thinking about not renewing my contract when is up. Come on Frontpoint!!! I have been a loyal customer for about a few years and I never have a mishap this big. Get it together!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention! It is important to us that your system is working exactly how you need it to which is why we are going to have one of our Support Supervisors look into your account and then reach out to assist you. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

When I first inquired about a Frontpoint System I was reassured multiple times that I could cancel my service at any time and even keep the system. When I called today to cancel the system and even send back the system I was told that I was locked into a 36 month contract or would have to pay over $850. Needless to say I am upset at the dishonest practices of this company. I was completely lied to and am a VERY dissatisfied customer! DO NOT trust their sales staff!

Frontpoint response

Ruth, we apologize for the negative experience you feel you have had with us. It is never our intention to make you feel trapped or feel lied to. Rest assured, one of our Support Supervisors is looking into your account now and will be reaching out to assist you shortly. Thanks for this feedback and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Several months ago I signed up for the Frontpoint security system. During the sales call, the contract terms and cancellation fees were never mentioned. All that I was told was that I had a 60 day trial period from the time that the service was activated. I got the system and tried to install it a couple of times (spending several hours with tech support), but I never activated the system. Now I want to cancel the service and I am told that there is a 3 year contact and ridiculous 80% cancellation costs. This is completely ludicrous. I called customer support to complain over a week ago and I was told that someone would contact me back but no one ever did.

Frontpoint response

John, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We apologize for the lack in communication you received when promised you would be contacted by a Supervisor. Rest assured, we have forwarded your information to one of our Support Supervisors who will be contacting you shortly to address all of your concerns in detail and make sure you are entirely taken care of. Thanks again for this feedback and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

This is a horrible product and horrible company to work with. Their system is overpriced and you’re a locked into a contract. Their equipment is poorly designed, I had multiple sensors fall off walls and set off alarms. Was supposed to not be triggered by pets and it did, was also triggered by the air flow from the heater. Trying to end service even after the contract is hard. Their customer service is poor. When an alarm went they failed to call the correct number. I would avoid them at all costs!

Frontpoint response

Brad, thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We are surprised to hear the details of your review as they are far from the quality of service that we aim to provide all of our customers. Rest assured, we have one of our Support Supervisors looking into your account and will be reaching out to make sure you are entirely taken care of moving forward. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Resolution response: Dec. 28, 2017

The company immediately responded and found a solution. I am satisfied with their concern for the customer.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I opened an account with Frontpoint when I was living in an apartment. One of the selling points with Frontpoint was that I "could cancel whenever I wanted to." This made me comfortable with the service. A year later, I bought a home in another county and contacted Frontpoint to see if I had service and if I could continue. I was told I had to wait until I moved in to see if the signal would work. No one could verify. When I moved in, I learned that I had another service provider in place with expensive equipment and was offered free cameras. So after calling Frontpoint and being told I had to call back and speak with technical support, I signed with the other provider.

When I called to cancel I was told I had a three year contract and would have to pay a cancellation fee. This is bait and switch, I liked Frontpoint but not allowing a customer to cancel after a move to more rural county that isn't listed on your website isn't really fair. I looked over the contract and what the sales person offered is very different from what you have customers sign. Also, customers only have to pay 80% of remaining charges so telling customers that paying the entire bill each month is cheaper is not true.

Frontpoint response

Deidre, we are glad to see that you were able to work with one of our Support Supervisors and that all your concerns were addressed. Thanks for your feedback and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you moving forward!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I have had persisting issues with Frontpoint. Their customer service is deplorable. It is darn right disrespectful to condescend to a consumer that has been paying dutifully for over a year. The technical support agents, according to the account specialists, may not be as knowledgeable about the products/services as we expect them to be, which okay... is a HUGE problem. Their sales practices are deceptive. They do not provide all the information upfront, according to customer account manager that I spoke to; however, that's apparently fine because other companies don't either? These facts that they curiously decided to leave out during their sales pitch would have CERTAINLY affected my doing business with this company. Frontpoint continuously falls short of my expectations. I no longer trust them with my security. I would like to be let out of my contract at no charge.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I have been dealing with Front Point Security for about seven years. One of the main reason I am still with them is the great service that they provide to me. Every staff member is very knowledgeable, courteous and polite.

Frontpoint response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are so happy to hear that you are receiving excellent customer service each time you call in. Thanks again and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you moving forward.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

A waste of money and time. I've had nothing but issues with the system. I have paid the city of Phoenix 3 separate times for false alarms and they have never been able to figure out the problem. Sensor malfunctions, sensors falling off the walls and the cameras have a 10 second delay! The high tech keypad sounded like my old Commodore VIC twenty and was just as useful. (It takes a pic of whoever disarms). A great idea but so slow that you typically caught the back of the head of the person who disarmed HAHA. You could be out of my house with my laptop before my cameras notice. The picture quality was awful. The last false alarm was 5 minutes before U2 was supposed to take the stage.

I'm yelling in the phone "dont send police!" so naturally they sent the police. I'm watching them hop my fence (ten second delay of course) while The Edge is standing in front of me. I call to cancel and am told I'll have to pay out my contract for the last 6 months or so. I ask for a supervisor who waives the remaining fees after my concert story. This morning I wake up and notice they are still charging me. I call again and their excuse? I'm supposed to cancel in writing... they sent me an email, yup it's in my junk. I've since set up another system and not one problem. Frontpoint sold their product claiming ease and security and functionality. Total crap.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We are glad to see that you were able to work with one of our Account Supervisors and that they were able to address your concerns. Thanks again and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you moving forward.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I ordered system after a small break in. We discussed monthly fees but not long term contracts. I decided not to install, I called after several months to cancel only to be told I had a 3 year contract that would have to be paid over one thousand dollars. Had this been discussed during the first call I never would have ordered. Buyer beware. Very dissatisfied with this company.

Frontpoint response

Scott, we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We are going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to address your concerns and make sure you are entirely taken care of. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Frontpoint has been a nightmare for my family. We recently moved into a 110 year old home and after 2 months at our first house with Frontpoint, I brought my system with me. When we tried to install the system, it was quickly apparent that the door sensor would not work in a recessed door to the back of the house. Frontpoint offered a few solutions, but none were practical (drilling into a 110-year old door frame to cut a space out for a sensor, drilling into a steel door, motion sensors despite large dogs, etc.).

I asked instead to cancel as the system is not practical and no longer meets our needs for security. I was told I had to pay 80% of the remaining balance because it costs Frontpoint some absurd made-up number, like $3500) to activate each system. Quite frankly, it is an insult to the intelligence of Frontpoint's customers to tell them this. There are month-to-month security systems available; how could they possibly stay in business with those costs?! Not to mention that the systems are installed and set up by the customers themselves, supposedly to save money.

In addition, when I first received the system, I got a doorbell camera that wasn't able to be installed with my current doorbell. At no time did the tech I called tell me I could send it back for a refund. I was given alternative solutions, like call an electrician, or try some other camera. Months later when I mentioned the unusable doorbell camera again, I was told there was nothing Frontpoint could do, as I should've called when I received the camera. I had done that!!! Yet again, there was nothing they could do. I have a friend stuck in the same Frontpoint hell I am in, where she is paying monthly for a system that is collecting dust in a drawer. Apparently this is how Frontpoint makes their money. I strongly advise you to look into a month-to-month company instead.

Frontpoint response

Tatiana, we appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. Rest assured, one of our Support Supervisors is looking into your account and will be reaching out to assist you shortly. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Resolution response: Nov. 15, 2017

A Frontpoint customer support supervisor reached out to me via phone, and I'm glad to report the issue has been completely resolved.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I was a good customer for over three years. I paid my bill on time every single month. When I had to move and no longer needed the service, I opted not to cancel because I would have been hit with a huge early cancellation fee. My contract was due to expire in August 2017. In November 2016, I was told by customer support that I could leave the system disconnected and my contract would end automatically in August 2017.

It's now November, and it turns out I've been automatically charged for four months of service AFTER my contract expired! Frontpoint will not refund the automatic charges, even though the system has been disconnected for many months. This is a terrible way to treat a longtime customer, especially when Frontpoint boasts about its supposedly high-quality service. I own multiple properties and would have considered using Frontpoint again if it weren't for this incident. Now I will be contacting my bank, as I did not authorize automatic charges from Frontpoint for August thru November.

Frontpoint response

Simon, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. One of our Support Supervisors has been attempting to contact you, however, has been unsuccessful. At your earliest convenience, please feel free to give them a call back so that we can make sure you are entirely taken care of. Thanks again and we hope to speak with you soon.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I spoke to the customer service rep, who was polite, to ask how much it would cost to cancel my service. I am selling my house and taking a traveling position with my company. If the buyers don't want to take over the 36 month contract I have to pay 80% of the balance left on, not only the equipment, but the 36 months that they claim to have paid Verizon and Security.com in advance to monitor the system. Why would you pay 3 years in advance, that is the stupidest business model I have ever heard of. What if people just stop paying them? They're out all the money they paid upfront.

Frontpoint response

Paul, thank you for sharing this feedback. We are glad to see that you have been working with one of our Support Supervisors, Shane, and that he has been able to address your concerns. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you moving forward.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I recently purchased a DIY Frontpoint security system. While discussing - negotiating - reviewing my specific needs, specific home security system set up etc, I was told many many times by the salespeople that I definitely could add an external alarm siren to my system. I made this very clear up front to the Frrontpoint sales team. They gave me a make - model # for an external siren & advised me to simply call back in when ready to order/install and it would be no problem to add an external alarm siren. Then, when I called back in a couple weeks later - the Frontpoint people - all of them - started looking, and looking and looking and discovered - just as I have - that Frontpoint offers no such external alarm option!!! So, like it or not - or whether Frontpoint wants to admit it or not - their "highly trained sales and customer service people" are flat out lying to new customers!!!

Frontpoint will not even issue a couple months credit towards my alarm monitoring service for all the time/trouble I've had with this issue! By the way - the reason I want an external alarm siren is that if someone does set off my alarm and the panel speaker starts sounding the alarm - it's quite easy for the perpetrator to smash the panel if they can get to it. And if they do not smash the alarm panel speaker and it continues sounding - guess what??? You really cannot even hear it outside the house!!! So, what good is it really? I mean it may scare the perp but the perps know they have 2-3 minutes to grab laptops, guns cash or just anything they see lying around... Perps know this and they also know it typically takes police 10-15 minutes to even make it to the house!!! It's a major metro area! So - guess what again? Your alarm may not be up on the top of the local police dispatch list!!!

Therefore - I discussed all this upfront with the sales people who all wholeheartedly agreed and pointed out how accurate that is... And agreed that an external siren - along with the panel speaker and even a couple more internal sirens are a huge deterrent for the perp to "hang out for even one more second"!!! However - it seems loud sirens both inside and outside are not something Frontpoint is the least bit concerned about nor that their "product team" cares about... Even though it's a proven fact a blaringly loud sirens or better yet multiple blaringly loud sirens that go off instantly the door or window or sensor is breached are the #1 deterrent to get the perp to run away as fast as they can and not waste one more second in your home.

IE - when the perp hears an external alarm siren and the internal sirens all going off screaming out across the neighborhood - they are much more likely to run away as fast as they can without disturbing any belongings!!! But most people are oblivious or simply don't care about an external siren. Well this customer does care. The Frontpoint system does have a "smash protection feature" - which is good and it does dial out to the police on the cellular network that's independent from the house wifi.

I'm very disappointed with my Frontpoint customer experience... I was lied to. Again and again and again and again. Overall - the system is "ok" but for me I want that external siren! And that is something that is such an easy thing to offer/fix/resolve that I'm shocked, appalled and mystified that Frontpoint does not care even slightly about resolving my issue.

Frontpoint response

Kevin, we appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apology for the way you feel you have been treated as it is never our intention to make you feel lied to. Rest assured, we are sending your concerns over to the appropriate teams so that we may look into potential new equipment for future implementation. Thanks again for sharing this feedback as it is feedback, like yours, that helps us to grow as a company.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I had this alarm company for almost 3 years, almost close to renewal. I was very happy and satisfied customer till this last 2 weeks. They sent me a replacement sensor, however, it was broken and some part needs to replaced. Promised to send expedite overnight shipment, after this wait, they have not even processed and shipment didn't go thru. I have no alarm for almost a week they said there is nothing they can do but just wait. Abby was not very verify helpful. The other two rep I spoke with were nice and friendly.

Frontpoint response

Margarita, thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. It is important to us that your system is working exactly how you need it to which is why we are going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to address your concerns in detail. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Wishing we had never ever heard of this company. We have had nothing but problems since day one. This system is installed at our vacation home in Florida. In August the alarm panel went out again - 4th time in a year. With hurricane Irma approaching our area we are left with no security, no cameras, no flood sensor - leaving our home unprotected - UNACCEPTABLE. We have called the past year numerous times and are told the same thing over and over: "If you aren't physically at the panel we can't help you." Kind of defeats the purpose of having an alarm system.

Please don't misunderstand. Their staff is very courteous and have tried to help - it's the equipment that sucks. The equipment is expensive, the cameras are crappy quality, flood sensors don't work, image sensors don't work and the answer for everything is "We need to send you a new panel". We have been given credit after credit, which we appreciate but it doesn't make anything right - our property is still unprotected and vulnerable. We cannot wait until the Is contract expires and we can get a reliable security system.

Frontpoint response

Rhonda, we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We were surprised to see some of the details of your review as they are far from the experiences we aim for our customers. We will have a Support Supervisor go over your account and reach out to you. Thank you again, and we look forward to speaking with you shortly!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

After sending back faulty equipment and having at least 3 false alarms, 2 of which resulted in the police coming to our house, I am fed up with Frontpoint. The customer service reps I spoke with were always nice and helpful, but unfortunately that does not make up for terrible equipment.

Frontpoint response

Kerrie, thank you for bringing this to our attention. One of our Support Supervisors is looking into your account and will be reaching out to make sure you are fully taken care of. Thanks again, and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I had paid this company for 6 straight months while not even having the service activated (build out on the house ran much longer than was told) but still paid them. I then had fraud on my account that was attached for the automatic payment each month and they stopped receive payment. I called them and they stated that my balance was just over $300 and if I call by the 8th of September I would not be sent to collections. Here I am on the 6th and I call to make the payment and was told that I was sent to collections with a new balance of over $1239.75. I obviously had to pay it or my credit would get crushed with a collection on there. Their customer service is garbage. Stay as far away as possible.

Frontpoint response

Michael, thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. Rest assured, one of our Support Supervisors is looking into your account and will reach out to you shortly. We appreciate you sharing with us and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

After getting car broken into decided to get Frontpoint Security System. After two years of making payments and 7+ hours on the phone with them I STILL HAVE A SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT WORK! I've called three times to beg to be released from my contract only to be told I can not get out of it! Worse company ever. I highly recommend anyone who need a protection NOT TO USE THEM. They send equipment and never send anyone to help if you have issues! Terrible.

Frontpoint response

Tara, we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. It is important to us that you receive all the help you need which is why one of our Account Managers is looking into your account and will be reaching out to address your concerns in detail. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Resolution response: Aug. 21, 2017

The issue was resolved by the company professionally and expeditiously. Regard what happened, how they specifically responded responded was acceptable, and it displayed to us that this really is a good company with strong values with the understanding that "making it right" is what counts

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Many people will not believe this, but it actually happened. On three separate occasions, while ordering a different product from Frontpoint, instead of mailing us what we ordered, they mailed us a completely different product. And... Get this... They did it three times. I don't know whether to be suspicious (I am not poignantly naive) or to be angry. Even given this bizarre event, I do feel, -in general-, Frontpoint is a good company.

Frontpoint response

R, we apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced, however, we are happy to see that you are working with one of our Support Supervisors and that they are addressing your concerns. Thanks for your feedback and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you moving forward!

Frontpoint Company Information

www.frontpointsecurity.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use