Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.26/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to make them feel safe.

BOTTOM LINE

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24/7 professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing the system yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

PROS

• Affordable monitoring
    • High-tech equipment options
    • Large selection of plans

CONS

• DIY installation

Top Frontpoint Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Frontpoint security was super easy to install and learn how to use. The price is right too. … We really like it and it gives us peace of mind. The videos are easy to access on my phone 24/7.

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

What is Frontpoint?

Frontpoint's home security plans include professional monitoring and integrated smart home technologies.

The Frontpoint hub and keypad act as the command center, and the control panels alert a monitoring center through built-in cellular communication. You can connect to Google Home or Alexa though the company's mobile app to monitor your system remotely.

Frontpoint's security monitoring plans start around $45 per month. Monitoring costs vary based on the type of property (house, apartment or business), square footage and number of exterior doors. Monitoring plans include live video streaming, motion-triggered alerts and smart lock control.

How much does Frontpoint cost?

Frontpoint offers a selection of prebuilt packages at price points to fit a variety of budgets.

Safe Home Everyday ($99)
      The Safe home Everyday package costs $99 plus monthly monitoring fees. For homes with more windows and doors to protect, Safe Home Everyday offers more sensors than the Safe Home Starter package.
      • Three window/door sensors
      Safe Home Plus ($319.94)
      The Safe Home Plus package costs $319.94 plus monthly monitoring fees. Safe Home Plus is designed for homes with children or pets and offers many of the same benefits of the Safe Home Everyday package with additional protection.
      • Three window/door sensors
      • Two glass break sensors
      • One door sticker
      Safe Home Select ($383.92)
      The Frontpoint Safe Home Select security system costs $383.92 plus monthly monitoring. This system provides home intrusion safeguards plus free environmental protection. Frontpoint’s smoke and heat sensor detects trace amounts of smoke or heat. The package includes:
      • Four window/door sensors
      • One glass break sensor
      • One smoke and heat sensor
      • One door sticker
      Safe Home Preferred ($479.90)
      The Safe Home Preferred package costs $479.90 plus monthly monitoring. This is Frontpoint’s most complete system package and includes upgraded features like indoor cameras with two-way talk to help you see and hear your home even when you’re not there.
      • Five window/door sensors
      • One glass break sensor
      • One smoke and heat sensor
      • One indoor camera

Frontpoint security equipment

Frontpoint’s Build-Your-Own option lets you design the right protection package for your home. You can mix and match equipment if your home is unusually large or you have more specific needs than what’s offered with Frontpoint security packages. Some of Frontpoint’s most popular security equipment include:

• Frontpoint hub and keypad: On its own, this piece of equipment costs $249.99. Every Frontpoint system uses the hub and keypad. The hub is the command center for the entire system, and the keypad works in tandem to make sure things are safe and secure when you leave home.
      • Door/window sensor: Door/window sensors are $19.99 per sensor. These are small sensors that attach to openings in your home, such as doors, windows or cabinets.
      • Motion sensor: Frontpoint motion sensors cost $29.99 each. The technology can tell the difference between animals and people, which lets you limit your false alarms.
      • Smart door lock: Frontpoint’s smart door lock is $149.99. Its technology can easily be integrated with other Frontpoint systems.
      • Doorbell security camera: For $149.99, Frontpoint’s doorbell security camera gives you real-time access to your front door at all times. It offers two-way talk audio, one-way video footage and free video cloud storage so you can capture and document issues when they arise.
      • Keychain remote: Frontpoint’s keychain remote is $19.99. Frontpoint’s keychain remote can arm, disarm and control lights within 100 feet of the security hub.
      • Environmental sensors: Frontpoint offers three different environmental sensors. The smoke and heat sensor ($44.99) detects faint amounts of smoke and fire more efficiently than a traditional alarm. Frontpoint’s flood sensors ($24.99) notify you of leaks to help prevent expensive water damage. The carbon monoxide detector ($69.99) also alerts Frontpoint’s monitoring staff if triggered.

Frontpoint Security FAQ

Do you have to install Frontpoint yourself?
      Yes, you have to install Frontpoint yourself. Security equipment devices come preprogrammed to make setup and utilization easier. Each product includes instructions for installation. Frontpoint also posts videos on its website with visual directions.

Even though Frontpoint tries to make it as easy as possible, some consumers still find the installation process difficult or confusing. If consumers have any issues installing a system, they should reach out to Frontpoint customer service for guidance.

Can I use Frontpoint without monitoring?
      Not really. You can’t get Frontpoint without a monitoring contract, and Frontpoint equipment only works with the monitoring app.
      Does Frontpoint have outdoor cameras?
      Yes, Frontpoint sells outdoor cameras for $167.50. They include nighttime vision with infrared technology.
      How much does Frontpoint cost per month?
      Frontpoint monitoring starts at $44.99 per month. On the lower end, Frontpoint’s monitoring plan includes 24/7 professional monitoring, automated system checks, mobile alerts and monitoring. For a higher price, you can get features like live streaming, night vision, light and smart lock control and motion-triggered alerts.
      What is Frontpoint’s return policy?
      Frontpoint has a 30-day risk-free trial period. During this time, customers can install the system in their homes and try it to see if it fits their lifestyle. Within 30 days, customers can return the system using free shipping for a full refund.

Is Frontpoint a good security system?

Frontpoint could be a smart option for customers who don’t mind DIY system installation. What sets Frontpoint apart is its state-of-the-art equipment that’s also easy to use. It also offers a variety of plans and lets you build your system to ensure you receive customized coverage that fits your home. The company claims its teams respond up to 120 times faster than other alarm systems.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: March 13, 2020

A lot of these reviews mention contracts and Frontpoint does offer contracts but you get certain discounts for agreeing to them. Their equipment is super reliable and anything that breaks they fix quickly, for me it’s only been the panel and one sensor over my last 8 years as a customer. They sent the new panel overnight and the door sensor with FedEx ground. Both were free of charge and they gave me a prepaid label to send the old items back.

The complaints about the contract are ridiculous, you signed it and took your discount but now you want out for no good reason. Please. Stop trying to ruin a great company's reputation with these overblown exaggerated complaints. You probably refused to let them help fix the issue and/or just decided to not have security so you complained online hoping they would fold. You’re the problem, they’re a phenomenal company. I’ve been with a dozen other security companies and never had such a great experience as I’ve had with Frontpoint. If you’re reading this and having second thoughts spend a little more upfront and do the month to month deal. You can always upgrade to a contract later and get your discounts. You won’t be dissatisfied.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Frontpoint security was super easy to install and learn how to use. The price is right too. I own a physical medicine clinic and we put up cameras in all the public places to keep an eye on things just Incase anything weird happens. We really like it and it gives us peace of mind. The videos are easy to access on my phone 24/7. It’s already helped us a lot with issues that we would have had no control over had we not had the system in place. I highly recommend it. The cameras are magnetized so they just pop right on and off for easy charging. We thought the charging part might get old but but they run 24/7 and we just take them down once a week and they quickly charge and then we pop them right back up. We put small pieces of tape on the back of the cameras to label which ones go where. It’s so simple and we love them. Great purchase.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

We have had nothing but excellent response to alarms. They go all out to contact you, or your listed contacts to ensure you and your home are safe. We have been with Frontpoint since around 2008. GOOD JOB!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I’ve had this system for 3 years. The first 2 were good. Support was easily accessible. The hardware broke constantly, but at least they would replace quickly. Fast forward to 2020 and it unbelievably bad. Virtually no support. Call and there will be 100+ people in front of you. Email and you won’t receive response. Period. No response. You’ll end up paying for broken equipment and NO SECURITY SYSTEM. Yes, we all love to pay a premium for something that literally does nothing to protect your home or family. Do yourself a favor and go with another company. Covid or not, if you are paying a company for a service it’s their obligation to provide that service. It’s absolutely unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

When we moved on June 19, 2020 we terminated our Frontpoint service after a number of years and it was transferred to the new owner of the house. Unfortunately, we keep getting monthly bills for service. I've called Frontpoint a number of times to get them to stop billing us for a house we don't own anymore and where we haven't lived since June (the new owner is paying). After being on hold multiple times, for a long time, those calls result in nothing; they say they'll look into it and nothing happens. It is so screwed up that when I give the Frontpoint Customer # on the invoice, with my name and what the service address was, they don't see the account in their system and continue to do nothing, except send more invoices! Frontpoint customer support and billing are a mess. Suggest customers look elsewhere unless you you seek extreme incompetence and frustration!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I signed up with Frontpoint Security 2004 and had service for many years. I sold my home and cancelled service. I called twice and was met with high pressure representative that wanted the name and phone number of the new owner and would not give me information to cancel my service. Frustrated with this person, I called back again a few days later and got the same treatment with a different representative. I wrote a letter to cancel service. Now in 2020 years after I moved, I get a call from a collection agency, and threats to my credit rating if I dont pay them for service I cancelled. It's like a never ending contract. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY, your house may not be robbed but the security company will rob you!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

We got the Frontpoint system back in 2017 and we are finally out of contract! We liked the system at first but after 6 months it went down hill. Our keypad constantly lagged causing us to think the keypad was not accepting our pin. This created a race to keep the alarm for going off. Additionally the doorbell cameras they provided broke 4 times over 2 years. They would miss events or just stop working all together. We wanted to cancel but they charge you 80% of your remaining contract plus an extra month service fee to cancel. It was horrible to feel stuck with a system that we knew could break or not function when we needed it to.

With a few months left we decided to cancel. We are going to go with a different system. We were also afraid what kind of auto renewal we might get stuck with if we didn’t cancel. After canceling and paying all the fees, they again charged us the next month and refused to refund us. The agent told us it wouldn’t happen again and we are officially canceled. FYI you can get out if canceling by transferring to a friend or family member but I wouldn’t feel right sticking them with something I didn’t want myself.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Positive reviews are company plants. Real customers of this service hate it. Poor products, poor service, fraudulent scams to bilk customers, and a tremendous effort to grind down customers and hide real feedback about product and practices from review sites. Check out REAL review sites like YELP for the true story on this company, not the fake review sites the company plants online. AVOID!!!

Original review: July 25, 2020

I have had Frontpoint for a year, my car has been broken into in front of my house twice!!! My house has been broken into and this company need to be shut down!!!! The camera catches a cat in the trash but not a thief beside that someone came in my window the alarm is set but doesn’t go off!!! Call the company to cancel service and they said we in a contract!!! I am looking into suing them!!!!

Original review: July 20, 2020

I used Frontpoint security for several years. One of the problems I had was the panel would lock up and be unusable.. They sent a new panel, but the problem persisted, even to the point of not being able to disable the system when walking in the home.... Not good for a security system that is intended to protect your home. My most recent experience involved moving from my home in Indiana and no longer needed their service, they do not have a clause allowing for early termination due to moving to a new location, so they adamantly enforce the contract which basically means they will attempt to extract the full amount of the contract despite them not providing any kind of service.... I would not advise anyone to use Frontpoint for anything now or ever in the future.

Frontpoint author review by Ben Mannes

Frontpoint’s wireless smart home security pricing starts at $34.99 a month with no contract required. With Frontpoint, you purchase your system outright. The upfront cost could be a few hundred dollars once you add extra sensors, remotes and other accessories.

• Security equipment: Packages include a control panel or base hub, a keypad, two window and door sensors, a motion sensor, a yard sign, window decals and door stickers. Glass-break sensors, smoke and heat sensors, indoor cameras and doorbell cameras are also available. Systems include sensors with crash-and-smash technology and fire alerts.

• Security features: Frontpoint's mobile apps let you access your security system and control your home from anywhere you have an internet connection with a computer or smartphone.

• Monitoring services: Interactive and Ultimate security plans include 24/7 professional monitoring services.

• Installation: All equipment is designed to be installed by the customer. Frontpoint's wireless sensors are easy to set up and require no hard wiring, which means the system can be moved to a new address with little effort.

• Trial period: Frontpoint doesn’t offer a free trial period. However, products include a three-year warranty.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Frontpoint Company Information