Call toll free
4.35/5
Based on 705 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

6446 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

I moved into a new place and it’s near a football stadium. With so many people coming in and out of the area I thought a home security system would be a good idea. Frontpoint had good reviews and I liked the idea of wireless. I didn’t want to have people come in and have to get into the walls. Their sales person was very pleasant, knowledgeable, informative and I didn’t feel schmoozed with sales talk. I started to install the system and I needed so many repair people to come in and out that I thought it was a bad idea to do it. And then I had family come in and out. So that’s gonna be something I get to in July. But as far as the control panel is concerned the installation was easy.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 14, 2018

Frontpoint's customer service representatives have been good. When I went through the initial set-up and got the things worked out initially, my experiences were all good and positive. The installation was also very good. Everything was straightforward and clean. I ran into one little issue but I called them up and easily walked through. But I feel like their standard technology is old and outdated, and the cost is high, relative to the quality of the system. And I’ll probably do something when this contract runs out because I have had trouble with the camera. The volume works about half the time in one of them and they’re not always online. They seem to have to reboot quite a bit. So the camera operation is not the best.

The main control panel is also not up to today’s standards. It’s old and it doesn’t give you the impression of it being the latest and greatest. They have an upgrade but that costs additional money. The panels are also not attached and I don't necessarily care for it. But other than that, it works similarly to others. Their smartphone features are very similar to something I had before with another company though and that's pretty standard. There are things I don't like about Frontpoint but there some things that I do.

Original review: July 14, 2018

There were a couple break-ins in the neighborhood so we decided to get a security system. Frontpoint has a more modern system so we went with them. Their reps were very good. I got exactly what I wanted, I installed the system myself and it was self-explanatory. It was a great experience. So far, I'm happy with Frontpoint. The equipment is doing good.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I had a new home and I wasn’t familiar with the area. It's a gated community but I wanted to feel a little bit more secured. My father-in-law had gone through Frontpoint for two of his homes and he suggested and I just went with it. When I was setting up my motion detectors it went through sensor one, sensor two, sensor three and then for whatever reason my motion detector didn’t go from motion detector one, two, and three. It started of at four and went to five and six. There was no way that I can fix that in the app and I still don’t know how to fix that so it was kind of weird. I haven't had any time to tell them about it. But otherwise, Frontpoint was detailed enough when I installed it and the entire thing took 10 minutes to set up. The equipment is great and the system is straightforward and easy to use.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I bought a house and I was moving outside of my apartment for the first time so I purchased a home security system. A friend of mine had Frontpoint and the company also offered us a discount on our purchase. Once I got the voucher to get the system, I called them up and talked through everything on the phone. They sent me the system that I asked for and then I installed it. It was very easy for me to do. There were a couple of times when putting on the door sensors that we had to make sure it was working. But otherwise, it was intuitive. They also called a few times to see how the installment was going and then they've had to call a couple of times when the alarm went off.

The system is very sensitive and it works very quickly. I definitely feel safer especially if I'm home alone. It's just me and my son and it's nice to know that if anything happens, there's a motion detector. Sometimes my cats would activate it but it won't stay activated. It would just beep because the cats walked across but hearing how sensitive it is makes me know that if anyone tries to get into the house or open the window, it would be picked up. The system is also very easy to use. I liked the fact that you can disable or enable it from the app or the key fob. The cost is fair too and the features I have are what I wanted. The system covers all the basics and it is all that I wanted from a security system.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have a small shop. I just spoke to a Frontpoint salesperson who re-configured the system, they sent it to me, then I installed it and it was totally straightforward. It's is a simple system and I’m happy. It’s all I need. The cost seems to be less than others, and I appreciate that ‘cause I have a basic need.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I had ADT before, but I like Frontpoint better. The quality for the cost is good. It’s also more user-friendly online and has a better user experience. Also, the interactions I've had with their reps have gone very well. They're nice and helpful. I did the installation of the system and it was easy. I had to call customer service one time, but other than that, installing was fine. I picked a standard package and the quality of the equipment has been great. I use the smartphone features and it has been very convenient to be able to lock the system online.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I'm a military man so I'm not home a lot. But my wife is at home so having a home security system is a peace of mind for me. I looked up online the Top 10 home security systems, and Frontpoint was number one on the list. I also talked to ADT and Frontpoint was a little bit cheaper. Plus, I like the fact that somebody from Frontpoint didn't have to come into my home to survey or set up the system. Because with ADT, they have to come in and drill. Then the overall installation was fairly simple and the instructions were clear. The only thing that I had an issue with was the motion sensor. It wouldn't really go off if one walked in front of it so I swapped that out for a glass break sensor. And the quality seemed just fine for what it needed to do.

The Frontpoint people were very helpful too. For a while, we were getting weird notifications like power line fail, but we didn't have any of those issues. So I talked to a technical guy and he seemed to fix it and we haven't had any issues since. Moreover, the cost of service is fair. Obviously, everybody wants everything cheaper. But for the ability to set and arm with my phone and monitor with my phone, it's a reasonable price. I would recommend Frontpoint.

Original review: July 12, 2018

We compared Frontpoint with a couple of other companies and it was the one that was most fitting for what we wanted within a good price range. We liked a set package which we customized for the number of doors we had at our house. One time, we called Frontpoint when we had questions about setting everything up. Their reps talked us through any issues that we came across. However, we got motion detectors which we never used because we found out that our dog sets them off. Still, everything has been wonderful so far and the system has been great.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I got a home security system for safety and so far, everyone at Frontpoint has been good and very helpful. The installation was very simple and I liked its features. Only, I wish that it wasn’t something that I had to sit on my counter but something that I could mount to the wall and hardwire. Other than that, everything else was great and I have no reason to change anything. The cost was good and I didn’t have any problem with it. It's a good system, easy to deal with and I would recommend Frontpoint to a friend.

Original review: July 12, 2018

We did research and read reviews, and Frontpoint seemed to be the best one for us. I contacted them when I initially ordered the system and when I was setting it up, and the service was good. The installation was easy too. The instructions were good and there were YouTube videos. Our package includes glass-breaks, a camera, the doors sensors and the doorbell one, and the quality seems good. The application on the phone seems user-friendly as well. It is good because you can always check on to the camera and everything can be controlled from your phone if you're away.

Original review: July 11, 2018

We needed a home security system and since Frontpoint has good reviews, we decided to get our system from them. Their sales team has been very good, responsive, and thorough and the installation of our system was easy. I still need to spend some time on a few things on the system but the features that I have on it are good. Also, their smartphone app feature is very good and I like it a lot. The only thing is Frontpoint has a very long contractual arrangement for the monitoring and it is a little bit pricier. So make sure that you want to be with them for three years.

Original review: July 11, 2018

We purchased the Frontpoint system for security. We live in the city where it's a little wooded and there are not too many houses. My husband installed the system himself and he had no issues with it. Frontpoint's customer service was always prompt and they have resolved most of my issues as well. There was one time that the motion sensor was triggered off by the wind. I had been called where I was away from the house and said there was a burglary alarm. We had the police over and made sure everything was okay and I just found out to be a false alarm. The motion sensor didn't come labeled so it was tough trying to figure out what triggered it. Also, the rep didn't know better because he wasn't there with me, trying to figure it out with us. Eventually, we figured it out.

The quality of the system is okay but I wish Frontpoint could give us a lower deal. Even so, everything is great. We still do everything that we do, make sure all the doors are locked and all the windows are closed when we're out and when we're sleeping. We're still very security-conscious. We haven't become lax because of Frontpoint, but we're a little bit more at ease that we have something in there.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I used to have ADT and then I was living in an apartment. We heard it was an easier installation with Frontpoint and it seems like it's easier but it’s not that cheap. Also, it wasn't very secure and the sensors fell on my windows. They sent me new ones but that was one thing that never happened with ADT. That's a little bit of a concern because if it happened when I wasn’t home, then the alarm would have went off. Other than that, everything has been okay so far. Every time I call there, they're there and their reps were nice. They offer pretty much a good deal. But I would like to see somebody professional to check on things.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 10, 2018

This service is a scam. They lock you into a 3 year contract without you knowing and then refuse to honor what they said they would. I have NEVER been so disappointed in any company in my life. If I return this product now they will charge me 540 dollars. So I will have to keep the product I'm not happy with. Never recommend this to anyone.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. Rest assured, one of our Account Supervisors is looking into your account and will be reaching out to address your concerns and make sure you are entirely taken care of moving forward. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I like Frontpoint much better than ADT and I would recommend them. All the interactions I’ve had with Frontpoint's representatives have been pleasant and the system's features are great. They're perfectly adequate for what I need. I had also done the installation myself and the instructions were spot on and easy to follow. They were perfect. The installation took me about 30 minutes. It was very easy.

Original review: July 10, 2018

My vehicle was stolen, and all of my information was in it. I went with Frontpoint for a home security system because it is not attached to our phone, and I am able to cut the phone wire and disconnect the system. The rep we dealt with was very informative and helpful, and they gave us a discount because we had a burglary or a theft. We were also trying to get a system quickly. The installation was easy and it came in a mail. I had a couple of questions, but I was able to call the 800 number. Also, the customer service representative was able to walk me through the issues that we were having.

Right now, however, we need some more batteries. We have small issues with it. And because the device is not mounted, sometimes that can be an issue because it has to be plugged into the wall. And since we have a toddler, he wants the cool things out of the wall. It's not toddler-friendly. The smartphone feature, on the other hand, works well, so I'm able to set it when I'm not home or disarm to let someone enter the home. I know our painter came once and it was armed. I was able to disarm it from my location, so I like that part.

We have a dog also, so he's our first defense. He's always barking. But I felt like Frontpoint was something good to have just because it keeps us abreast of things that may be going on in the basement, and we're not always down in the basement to know that something may be unlocked or ajar. So, I appreciate that part too. Also, mainly our door is unlocked, and we will be gone and will not know that the door is open, so that part makes me feel a little secure.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Compared to my previous home security provider, Frontpoint has been very good price-wise. I've never had cameras with the other company and that's the difference. Frontpoint wanted to offer me a camera to sign up at a cheaper rate. I called my previous provider six times about it and gave them a chance to lower their price but they couldn't do that anymore. Conversely, Frontpoint called me more than a hundred times to switch and they went down as low as $14. Also, Frontpoint impressed me as their reps always worked me through the procedure on whatever issues I had. I had an issue one time with the internet which was not strong enough. I had AT&T at the time and it was full strength to the outside camera. With the change to the other company, I didn't have that problem anymore.

Still, I wish Frontpoint had somebody who would come out to do the installation. The process is not easy steps as instructed. It is technical and we're not professional. That is a database job and I wish there was somebody to do that. With the other security system provider, I could always call and they send somebody out to do the technical part of it. With Frontpoint, they do everything on the phone and I don't even know what I'm looking at. But then, I have to do everything for myself.

Despite these issues, I like my Frontpoint system because it's unique. I have a camera and the system and I'm using the phone to work on all of that. With my phone, I can lock, unlock and see what's going on in my house. I've never had that with other carriers. However, now Frontpoint is going to change the price and I don't want it to go any higher than where I am now. Nevertheless, I've told other people about the system.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Frontpoint's response is faster, and their reps were straightforward and told me exactly what I need and how much it would cost me, so they were good. They were honest, and I liked the way I was treated. So, I made the sale right away. In the advent of new technology, Frontpoint is more efficient for me than the one I had before. I installed our Frontpoint system and it was easy. It's a do-it-yourself thing and it gave me more satisfaction. I went to YouTube and take a look at it. They have a very specific type of instructions that comes with the product and it helped me install it.

Frontpoint is good. The cost is very reasonable and I feel secure because every time the alarm is activated, I get something in my cellphone without even a minute. It's fast and I like that. Also, the people behind Frontpoint are good. Every time there's an alarm that's been activated, they call me right away and see if everything's fine. I already recommended Frontpoint to my friends.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I've had a home security system and I just changed to Frontpoint when I purchased their material and learned that they had good reviews. When I installed the system, the experience was okay and the support was very helpful. My interaction with their customer service was very good. At first, I thought I should have a touch pad right on my door, but using my iPhone is working fine. So far, everything’s okay. I’m comfortable with Frontpoint's service.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I feel more safer with a home security system installed. I did some research on the internet and various reviews, and Frontpoint is rated highly. I spoke with one of their sales reps and he was very knowledgeable, had a lot of patience with a lot of questions that I had, and walked me through the process until I fully understood it. In the end, I didn't feel pressured and that was one of the things I valued. The installation wasn't too difficult also. Just make sure you pay attention to the numbered sequence of each alarm that gets installed because you have to do it yourself. At this point, I like the system overall. It's easy to use, especially the app on the phone which has a part of it where you can set it when you're a mile or even 500 miles away.

Original review: July 9, 2018

We got a security system for an insurance discount as well as to be able to keep an eye on our home and hallway. My initial contact at Frontpoint asked me about my needs and what I was looking to get out of the system. When they shipped a package to me, that was a little unpleasant. They need to get good on some of the things that are mistaken in the beginning. but still, I was happy overall with their process.

The installation also went pretty well. They sent everything in a box and I followed the detailed instructions. Also, their customer service is just amazing and second to none. They were proactive to make sure the system is up and running. Since having it, I've really enjoyed all the features offered. Still, one of the features that I wish they had was a way to dim the light on the panel. I find that the light is too bright. Nevertheless, the app is very interactive and I've found that I've been using the alarm a lot more than I've had in the past. It's right there on my phone and I can turn it off to let an air-conditioner guy in during the day. It also lets me know the status of the alarm system and the temperature around the house. It’s been really essential to me and my wife.

As a whole, I think the functionality of the system is excellent. It allows me to do the things I need to do and get on with my day. It allows me to have an alarm and not be too technically minded. Frontpoint shines with their customer service and I've recommended them to a friend. I even received a discount from them for hooking up my friend's system.

Original review: July 8, 2018

We love our Frontpoint security system. I travel some, so I wanted to make sure that when I was on the road, there was an additional level of protection for my family at the house. Also, when all of us are out of the house, I wanted to have an additional local protection for our assets. We had iSmartAlarm in our previous house where it was a do-it-yourself system and no online monitoring. It was nice since I had a one-time charge for purchasing the equipment and no monthly fees after that. The downside was that it relied on me to monitor and get any notifications if something was wrong. The house that we moved into had ADT and when I called them, their cost was a little bit higher. I knew I wanted to go to something else that is professionally monitored.

I contacted Frontpoint and I expressed an interest in the system. They were very prompt in replying back and they provided quotations, but we weren't ready to make a decision on it. The sales individual sent me a follow-up email every day or two for the next week and a half or so after that. Also, when I've called their customer service with minor questions about how to do something on the system, they've been quick on the turnaround times, I wasn't on hold for extended periods of time and I've been able to get the questions resolved. So, I've been satisfied with the customer service. In addition, I liked the number of different pieces of equipment that I could get from them and have them professionally monitored. Plus, the cost was a little bit better than ADT.

I've got a number of Frontpoint's devices like the contact sensors for doors and windows, the cameras, and the doorbell sensor as well. All of them were easy to install, the installation was straightforward and it didn't take long at all. I've got some smart outlets too that I can use to plug lights or other things into and then, I can control the timings from the app. But there was one device that I could only set up and make changes through a web browser on a computer and not through the app. It wasn't difficult to do that, but it was odd that 90% of it could be done through the app which was a breeze. In addition, there was one specific thing I could only do on the browser, so there was a lot of time digging around the app trying to find it and then when I called them, they said I gotta do it on a web browser.

After I registered with them, I got a notification saying I needed to check with my local city and make sure that any registrations are permanent that are required by the city need to be taken care of (Note: please check audio since the placement of the phrase "that are required by the city..." is odd. Check for missing word/s or punctuations). That wasn't something that I had expected on the front end, but it turned out to not be a very big deal. It's a $25 per year fee from the city.

Cost-wise, the monitoring side of things is not a cheap service, but it's not the most expensive either, so the cost is on the higher-end of reasonable. Other than that, everything that I got met my expectations. I wanted something that monitored the entryway and the doorbell because we order a lot of packages. I also wanted that we'd be able to see who knocks at the door late at night or what was going out there without having to go to the front door. I wanted some cameras that could look around the main spaces in the house, contact sensors on some of the main entryways and smart outlet things. Everything I've purchased has performed as expected.

I have enjoyed the security system when we were out. It tells me that the front doorbell has rung and I can check and see who's leaving the packages. I feel better when we're out knowing that it's on. If you are looking for a security system, you need to start by evaluating what level of system that you're looking for. Are you looking for something that has professional monitoring? Are you looking for something that you're installing the equipment yourself? And then based on narrowing that down, then you've maybe got three or four companies that will offer what it is that you're looking for. And then, from there, if you're in that middle category of wanting a blend of professional monitoring and do-it-yourself installation, I'd recommend Frontpoint. Overall, I've been very pleased with them.

Original review: July 8, 2018

We're fairly new into the house that we're in and I was looking at various home security systems. I work in the security industry for the government at this point so I wanna make sure that the family is taken care of when I'm not home, especially when we're here at night. I got on the phone and talked to some of the representatives for some of the other companies and I didn’t like them as far as contracts go and how their systems operate if somebody wants to cut the power. I looked at Frontpont reviews and I liked what the reviews had to say. I also liked the idea of being able to set it up myself since I've set up systems before versus having to have somebody come over to the house to set it up for me, which is something I already knew. So, I ended up going with them.

When I got on the phone with the individual from Frontpoint, they explained what would be available, but I had already known because I've done some research online. The difference between the representatives from Frontpoint versus some of the other places was they weren't necessarily trying to push some of the equipment down my throat. They were looking to what my needs were and then taking into account that I do have expertise in it as a security professional. So we were working hand in hand versus someone trying to contradict just about everything I was saying, which I did experience in some other companies.

I had one issue though. One of the glass break sensors was not wired into a landline and every once in a while in the app, I'd get a malfunction notification, but that was resolved. The quality seems to be very good. We have a couple sliding doors so if it was left open to let the air in, I'd get the notifications, which is good for my peace mind when I'm at work and family is at home. It gives me an idea of what's going on and their response is quick. It's a very good equipment and the cost is able to stay low primarily because you can install it yourself if you are so inclined to do so with very minimal assistance. I also like the fact that there's not a lot of unsightly wiring involved. At some point in time, I'd like to go with cameras on the outside when the pricing is right.

So far, I've already recommended Frontpoint to several individuals that I work with and they also like the idea that you can install something yourself. I would definitely tell others the ease of installing the system if they really want to try it on their own or they have somebody on the other line that could run them through the process. Also, if you wanna get something, there's certainly somebody there to help you out and recommend pieces for you. And if the code doesn’t get put in in a period of time, there's definitely someone who'd get in touch with you and that definitely adds peace of mind.

Original review: July 8, 2018

We had a lot of trouble in our neighborhood so we got a home security system. I was satisfied with everything that was said and done by the representative at Frontpoint. They answered questions which I thought were kind of dumb and I was impressed by their helpfulness. However, installing the system and the motion detectors was a bit difficult. Still, I kind of figured out where the best places would be and got them installed. Since having the system, I've liked that though sometimes we forget to set the system and we're on our way to our base, we can watch what's going on from our camera.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I’m home alone a lot at night and we live in a secluded area. I saw really good reviews of Frontpoint online. I called them and I’ve made all my decisions and purchases in one phone call. The installation took an hour or two to put the motion detectors and the sensors up. And my fiancé didn’t seem to have any trouble with it. The equipment works sometimes and I think other times it’s not as sensitive as it should be. I’ve walked down my whole house with the motion detectors, with the alarms without realizing it and it didn’t go off until I walked in front of two motion detectors. And it had gone off in the middle of the night once and then early one morning, so we thought somebody was in the garage but there was nothing there. They just went off.

A couple of times that we’ve set it off I’ve gotten a phone call but other times I assume we just turned off the alarm too quickly to actually get a call. But their response was good. There's always somebody there that keeps calling and checking on us. We’re pretty satisfied with Frontpoint. I had the option to get more of the window sensors. I probably should’ve done that, but I think we can make do with what we have.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I was in the market for a home security system and Frontpoint was one of the not-too-pricey systems around. They have good reviews. During the sales, somebody went through the options with me and helped me see what I wanted. It was great. Then, during the installation, I got a lot of help. They walked me through it. I got the wrong panel so the guy that I spoke with was able to help me fix the problem. However I wish the price could be lower for the equipment. I wanted to get more sensors for my windows because I have a ton of them but the price wouldn't let me. But I'd recommend Frontpoint.

Original review: July 7, 2018

We just a bought a brand new house and my wife feels safer with a home security system. I did a google search and Frontpoint came out number one in several of the websites that I looked at. I did the installation myself and the instructions were was detailed to the T. Their team is there 24/7 to answer any questions and guide you through it, but you don’t even need it. All the things that they provide are so accurate and easy to understand that anyone can do it. Also, Frontpoint's team is very professional and quick. As soon as the alarm goes off, if it takes more than 30 seconds they’ll give you a call right away. They’re very pleasant and very good with feedback.

The doorbell is hooked up with an app on the phone so you can actually track it away from the house. They also have some other things like a door lock that works with the Wi-Fi so they can lock the door of your house. I don’t have that feature, but they do offer that if you want to. We have a doorbell camera and at first, the equipment was not capturing the Wi-Fi correctly because of the distance. I did purchase a Wi-Fi extender, but still it’s not operating as it should be. Frontpoint said they’ll go ahead and pass it along to their technical team. I told them yesterday that I was gonna buy a ring doorbell camera and the Arlo Pro 2 for the outside of the house. And hopefully in the future they’ll be able to do something with the equipment so they can be compatible. It’s compatible with a few equipments out but there’s so many that it will be crazy to try to be compatible with every single thing out there. But that would be nice.

I wish it would be a little more updated with regards to their hard drive. They only use the 2.4-gig and they should be able to pick more than 5-gig nowadays. But I’m happy that it works. I have a pretty big house so it’s still sustainable. Frontpoint should keep up the good work and hopefully they’ll continue to listen to the customers and make the system more up-to-date.

Original review: July 7, 2018

We got a home security system for our business to make sure it's secured. We had a security alarm but it was old-school, like ADT style, and were very expensive. On the other hand, Frontpoint's cost was pretty good. They also had the best reviews and their reps were all positive and weren't pushy. The installation went good as well. It took me less than an hour to install the motion and a couple of door senors because I'd rather do it myself than spend a gang of money on having a technician to do it. Their smartphone features are fine but I don't do too much on it besides checking the status and turning the system off or on. Most of the time, I do it manually through the console. But overall, everything's working out as I need or want it to be.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I like the fact there was certainty with Frontpoint and I didn't have to do anything. The rep that I talked to initially gave me some good advice, as far as which sensors I should or should not get or what most people typically do. That way, I didn't have to spend a fortune, like, "Oh, I gotta get 20 sensors for every single window and whatever." Then, they sent me a package and I was able to do it on my own time.

The installation was easy. I saw where it told me to go online to set it up and that was pretty intuitive. But I didn't understand, even though it's self-explanatory, the 'no delay entry'. So on the app, one day, I went and opened the door and it just started screaming at me and I had no idea. But that was the only time we've ever tried it. I could've just Google searched it, which I've done. Besides that, I like the overall system and I like the fact that I can build on it. Also, I have an Arlo camera outside, one on each entrance. So I feel safe with my wife and baby.

Frontpoint expert review by Erin Raub

Frontpoint was founded in 2007 and offers home security in all 50 states. The company prides itself on its cutting-edge technology and excellent customer service, which wins rave reviews from consumers enamored with Frontpoint's high quality monitoring at fair prices.

• Installation: All Frontpoint equipment is designed to be installed by the consumer, so the company doesn’t employ any installation technicians. This saves consumers a significant amount of money when getting a new system.

• Mobile access: Frontpoint's mobile apps let you access your security system, review information and control your home from anywhere you have an Internet connection via computer or smartphone.

• Cellular monitoring: The Frontpoint Control Panel communicates with the Monitoring Center via cell phone, so it's not dependent on a phone line. Even if your home phone line is cut or the system is smashed, your alarm will send out a cell alert to Frontpoint Monitoring.

• Portable: Frontpoint's 100 percent wireless sensors are easy to set up and require no hard wiring, so a Frontpoint security system can be easily moved to a new address.

• Equipment cost: With Frontpoint, you purchase your equipment outright. While your upfront cost could be a few hundred dollars once you add extra sensors, remotes and other accessories, purchasing your equipment can actually save you money in the long run. Frontpoint equipment has a three-year warranty.

• Best for: DIYers, homeowners, renters and tech-savvy shoppers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Frontpoint Company Information