Call toll free
4.42/5
Based on 1,579 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

7349 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We had a fire at our business and we had the whole thing on video. We saw how quickly the place was filled with smoke and I've got kids on different levels at home, so I thought that by the time our smoke detectors went off, I wouldn't have time to get them out of the house because I was at the bottom and they're on top. So I was researching and I purchased a different security system. Then Frontpoint's guy called me back and after I got done talking with him, I boxed it all to send it back and purchased the Frontpoint system.

I like the monitoring that Frontpoint does for 24 hours and the monthly fee is fair for what they are doing. I also like the effectiveness of their system and how quickly they call or send someone when something happens. We live out in the country and we've had our house burglarized before. I'm there a lot with the kids while my husband is traveling with the military, so the system helps me to feel a lot more secure as well. I put the equipment up by myself and that was me in the house with two four years old alone and I have a 10-year-old. Aside from that, Frontpoint's reps were great and wonderful. Every one I talked to has been very informative and very helpful.

When I finally talked to my mom into putting the system here at our business about a year after our fire, she allowed me to do so. But when I was trying to put the two systems together on my phone where I could use them both, I was having trouble. I called in and the guy I talked to was very patient with somebody who doesn’t know anything about that kind of stuff. I'm not technical but he talked me through it completely without any trouble whatsoever. Now I'm able to go to my cell phone and turn the alarm off here if I need to.

I love that it sends a reminder if I haven't set the alarm at home because when you're running out the door, you don’t always remember. But one thing the first sales guy said to me that has stuck in my mind is it doesn’t matter what kind of security system you have, but if you don’t set it, it's no good to anybody. And that has always rang in my head because I'd leave the house with a bunch of kids running crazy and I do forget to set it.

One time, we were robbed by one guy while my son was in the house. I had my phone set at that time where it would ding every time my door would open at home but when he left the house, my phone didn’t ding. So when it did, I just assumed it was him going back to the house. It turned out that somebody had come in the house. So the next day, I knew my son wasn’t there and I just set the alarm when I left. The guy didn’t know we had a security system because it didn’t go off the day before, so he came back for more that day. But we caught him and the police said they wanted to know who I was using for my security because when I told them how many minutes had passed, they said it was the quickest and most efficient one they had ever gotten. So that was really exciting.

We also had an alarm go off in the middle of the night and my husband happened to be home that weekend. I had the smoke and the heat detector and Frontpoint called. I told them we haven't seen anything and they said we needed to look. So we spent an hour and a half sniffing and looking, and we saw smoke. I spent so much time to find out where this was coming from and I almost got frustrated because I didn’t know where it was. In the end, it was coming from the kitchen where there was the ballast in the light fixture. But that detector is so sensitive that it picked it up that much to where we didn’t even see where the smoke was coming from. When the fire marshal was here, he said that smoke detectors don’t go off in your home until it's too late for you to do anything, even to get yourself or your children out. And my smoke detectors never went off at my house, just my sensors.

Here at my work, we had somebody film an immediate video upstairs and they were using a smoke machine. But after about three hours, it never set off the smoke detector. So I didn’t disarm it through Frontpoint. But eventually, the smoke set the alarm off and I didn’t know if it was the heat because it has a heat sensor. But by the time I walked down the stairs from upstairs to go out the front door to try to call and cancel it, the fire department was at my front door. That was around 40 seconds and it was great. Overall, I love everything about Frontpoint and I tell everybody about them. I've even gotten several people to sign up. I told them a little bit about everything that has happened to me and how much the system saved me.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I was talking to Frontpoint's reps about their system and I liked what they had. I also liked how their system was set up. I wanted a garage door sensor and they had that. Also, not all the companies were openly mentioning that they had that sensor. Furthermore, their system was a self-install type which was interesting and had cellular access so I didn't have to have the security equipment hardwired.

I had to call a couple of times when putting their system in because they had upgraded some of their sensors and their installation instructions didn't follow what the devices were. Still, that was very simple and the newer devices were better. The instructions for the motion detectors said that I had to have them down about 4 to 5 feet. But then, when I called because the ones I got were different, they said that the newer sensors can be up higher. That was much better and everything else fell into place. Thus far, it's been working well for us and I like the way I can manage it and set up who can get in. Though it was a bit of a learning curve, it was easy after we got the hang of it. Since getting the Frontpoint system, my wife and I have been feeling better about our security.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The system we have with Frontpoint is very basic and it does what it's supposed to do. We chose the company for the cost. The only thing that I had an issue with and I felt a little cheated about was the five-year commitment that I wasn’t really made aware of. I tried to change it a couple of years later to my cable company. They were having a promotion on alarm security so I thought I would cancel my Frontpoint account. But when I called, Frontpoint said I have a five-year contract with them and they wouldn't let me cancel it for free. It wasn’t explained to me that it's a very large agreement. I've never heard of a five-year contract with anything either. I thought that was a little expensive. I asked if I could get out of it but they basically said that there is no way. I asked what if I was going and they said they would take it over to the new residence. They just wouldn't let me out of it in any way. I also had one issue with the control at one point but they were very responsive to fix that.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We did some comparisons of home security companies and Frontpoint had a good offer and their online ratings looked good as well. My interaction with their rep was really good. He was friendly, helpful and told us to look at the other companies, which we did, so we thought his offer was a good deal. The system was installed easily. One of the items had missing screws and they replaced it right away. The installations on the doorways went really well. The notifications are good. One of the system is for the area alarm. However, we have a cat who gets up on the back of the chair and gets in the beam so she sets off the alarm all the time. But that’s something we need to adjust.

The cost was good. The quality is good too but the rep said we needed more door and window sensors than he said we needed because for a couple of rooms, he had us do motion instead of on the windows. But if you’re at home and set the alarm, that motion sensor doesn’t work. It only works if you’re away and the motion sensor is the one that the cat keeps setting off. We arm and disarm the alarm all the time from the smartphone. The other day, we set the alarm on away when we were upstairs at night and forgot it was on. So when we came down, the alarm went off which was also a good test because it works. Frontpoint is good and I would recommend them. For those looking at systems, I would tell them to check out Frontpoint. It might be worth their while.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I used to have Vivint then I moved and I looked for a new system. I wanted to give somebody opportunity so I googled the best alarms system and Frontpoint came up as number one. I called them and a couple other people, and Frontpoint was the most helpful and had the best price. When I spoke to their rep, I was asked what price range I was looking at and I was given a price actually better than that one. I told him I appreciated everything and that I was gonna shop around and I would call him back. They gave me a couple of days and they also didn’t hassle or bug me. They just seemed confident that their product was better than everybody else's.

Then, the installation process was simple and I was surprised. I needed a safety package so I got a couple of motion sensors to cover my outside shed and doors and window breaks. It does everything I need it to do and I feel safe with it. I control it from the app on my phone where it's the only way I arm it and disarm it most of the time. When I leave my house, I arm it after I walk out. I'm impressed with the cost for the quality of the system and so I would recommend it to anyone. I would definitely tell my friends to call Frontpoint first and try them out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I feel comfortable having a security system at home, especially if we're away from the house, that it's being monitored at all times. I went with Frontpoint because of the affordability. In terms of out-of-pocket cost upfront, it was pretty cheap. In terms of ongoing monthly, it's in line with what I'd expect. The reps have also been easy to talk to. There was an upfront honesty in terms of what product I did or didn't need. Even though originally, I went in thinking I need the cameras, they said, "To be honest, it's not even something you really need. But if you want it, great." They weren't trying to oversell me on something.

For what I get for what I'm paying, Frontpoint provides quality service. For home security, it has given me everything I need. Another thing I thought was good was that it's not linked to the incoming phone service. It's linked to a cell service. It's not like someone could just cut the power from an outside to disable the security system. The app is also great. The only thing I've had recently was one of the cameras was working great and all of a sudden, I've gotten an error message for the last couple of days, so I have to figure out what's going on, like if that's an internet thing or if that's a Frontpoint thing. Other than that, my wife definitely feels more comfortable at home when I'm not there since we've had the system.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I’ve been with the other company for five years and I was hoping that they would keep the same rate or reduce it but they increased it and I just wanted to move. I looked online and saw Frontpoint. The reps were very good, upfront and there was no hard selling which I liked. It was a self-install and there were videos available. I’m an IT guy so, it was easy for me. The reps answered all the calls and everything was perfectly okay. I use the smartphone features day in and day out. It's been a good experience so far with Frontpoint and right now, everything seems smooth. I told many friends everything that I have in my home. So, they want to know and they might be getting in touch.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I bought a house in a very bad neighborhood. I self-installed the Frontpoint system and the process was very simple. The instructions were perfect. Their sales team was very thorough and everything went well. I'm gonna call them again to get more equipment. So far, the system has been good. I haven't been robbed. The neighborhood is changing, just as I had thought. Also, I like the fact that with Frontpoint, I don't lose my home security system even if I lose power and internet. I have the house connected where I activate the system on and off through my cellphone. Everything has gone pretty smoothly and I would recommend Frontpoint.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The initial salesperson from Frontpoint was a little arrogant. It was like he was dealing with a superior product and he was doing me the favor to buy it but it was fine. One of my sensors wasn’t reading right and they had to send a more powerful sensor and that resolved it. Their equipment appears a bit outdated and rustic compared to some of the modern technology but I’m happy with the way it’s working. I have to have that monitor plugged in on their counter. They didn’t have a nice trim line such as one with adhesive that you could put on a wall so it just seemed like it was a dinosaur-type equipment. I'm locked into Frontpoint now, so I'm stuck but I would tell friends to investigate and compare it with SimpliSafe.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

A big part of my decision going with Frontpoint is they provided their own online service. I live in rural Alberta so I am limited to internet connections. I’ve had ADT before and they weren’t able to provide me service due to slow internet. I also did some research online and it said that they’re one of the top-rated ones. I've dealt with Frontpoint people and my interaction with them has been positive. Every time I’ve had issues, I just call them and they’ve seemed quite friendly in helping me.

Installing Frontpoint's system was simple after they helped me with some issues that I had. When I had ADT, they came and did it all because it was a hardwired system at the time. It was weird not having any written information of how to use the system so that was a little different. No one told me that you could go on and look for the information.

When I first installed it, I didn’t even know how to set the alarm so I called them and they kinda gave me a quick run through. I knew the basics from having ADT but I didn’t know because they had said something about a trial period if it does set the alarm off, it won’t trigger the emergency responders at first. So I wasn’t sure exactly if I alarmed it. I was confused at first. Nevertheless, the actual system itself is pretty good. I don’t have any problems with it. I like the app feature that if I forget to set it, I could just quickly turn it on. I wasn’t sure I needed that at first, but I like that now because I don’t ever turn it on before I leave. I’ve already referred friends to look into Frontpoint.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We talked to ADT about upgrading our system. Unfortunately, ADT set up an appointment with us, and they canceled it at the last minute. And then it was hard to get another appointment. It was really bad, so we were getting upset with ADT. We decided to see if there was something out there better than ADT. I went online and I found Frontpoint. I started researching them, and they’ve got pretty good reviews. So we talked to them. They might have been a little bit pushy because as soon as I clicked on ‘Contact us,’ they immediately contacted us. But they were very informative and the installation went pretty smoothly. The one thing that took a little more time was the panel, which we needed to put some anchors on our wall, but other than that, it was just peeling and sticking the various monitoring devices.

Frontpoint seems to be a good system. if someone’s trying to destroy our system, the message is already out that someone’s breaking in. All the windows now have alarms if someone tries to open them, so we feel a bit more secure. We're not just relying on the glass break monitors. We had several windows with ADT that didn’t have the alarm that when we open it, it detects someone’s breaking in. And that was not enough. I've been really pleased with Frontpoint and my experience has been really good. When I call them and ask them for technical help, they're there for me as well. They're very patient and their rates are good too. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Both of my sons were in college, and they wanted to make sure that I was safe. My son looked up a bunch of different alarm systems, and he told me that Frontpoint was recommended. He also did the installation and it was easy. The only thing that I have a problem with is the front doorbell. When it's very windy, it goes off very easily. But the wind causing the motion detector to go off is the only problem that I have with it. It is very easy to arm and disarm for me.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I did an online search and Frontpoint was number one with customer service and that was important. Moreover, the price wasn't really out of the range of the other competitors, so I went with them. I went online and then I got a phone call. It was a very comfortable call, to go over what my needs were, how many doors and the logistics of it. I made a deal on the phone, gave a credit card and then subsequently I received the hardware in the mail.

One Saturday my wife and I decided to set the system up. It was very self-explanatory. You open up the box, and everything was easily labeled. As my wife read the directions, I installed the system. We had a little difficulty with the doorbell camera but we called a tech and she was very nice and talked us through it. The only issue I have is the adhesive for the motion sensors. Our walls are plaster and it falls off. I have to go out and buy different adhesives to get those to stay on the wall. I guess it's good for regular wallboard, but for plaster walls, it just didn't stay.

We were considering other camera options. I don't really want cameras in the house, but outside, and want ones that are attached to motion sensor lights. I didn't see that when I went on the app and looked at other things. So I'm gonna see what's their best buy. But I'll probably call Frontpoint first just to see if they're compatible with the system. We're not there yet because it's a financial commitment. There's a cost to the cameras, so we're not ready. We use the system more for security when we're away for a weekend. We know the house is secure and I'm a lot more comfortable.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I'm perfectly happy with Frontpoint. I hated ADT after years of using them so I looked up reviews. Frontpoint got a good review, so I switched to them. Their reps were helpful when I needed them, and I haven't needed them since my initial decision to buy them. I set up the system with my grown son because it was faster. But I didn't feel it was something I that couldn't do myself. But manuals tend to overexplain. They make this things more complicated than is necessary for an intelligent person. But together we figured it out.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was shopping around and I thought that Frontpoint is the best in the industry. The sales reps were excellent and the installation was easy.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I had really good reviews on Frontpoint's customer service. The installation was straightforward for the most part. The instructions went from super clear and easy to unusually confusing and complicated. But overall, I was pretty happy with it. There were a few items I had to send back because they didn’t work. For the door lock, I just had a locksmith come in and drill a hole and do all that because it’s the one that’s actually in the door. So that’s a little more complex. So the installation took a few weeks all told. But as far as technology goes, it’s pretty straightforward. The smart features was a big selling point as well. I’m very happy with it.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I have the Frontpoint home security system and so far, my experience has been good. I told the rep about what I was looking for and he offered me some of the things but he might have oversold me. For example, I don't necessarily need motion sensors since I have animals so I can't use them. The installation was pretty straightforward and it was completed in about an hour. There was one time when I had a little bit of trouble with the door sensors but I got situated. I like what I have and I feel more secure whenever the system is alarmed. I would like to upgrade features but I will probably go with another security system but otherwise, I'm satisfied with Frontpoint.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have used several home security systems in the past and never had a problem so I've been happy with all of them. I was gonna upgrade with SimpliSafe. Then, I read the reviews and Frontpoint was one of the best so I went with them. Their sales reps were very courteous and professional. They were knowledgeable and informative. I would've never went with them if I didn't feel comfortable. The price they had and what I got was hard to beat so I'm very happy with them. Installing the system was simple. Anyone can do it. I covered the seven contact points and it took me five minutes.

The accompanying instructions were great. It was easy to use and to follow. I'm familiar with the wireless systems before because I've had a few so I know. But I like this one because the sensors were a lot smaller than the other ones and I just like what they told me, especially about another company and how bad that things have happened, how they get hacked and this and that. The features of our package are fantastic. I have everything except for the door and the security lights. I was gonna get the keyless entry door lock, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna stay at this place at this point so I'm thinking about it. With Frontpoint, I feel a lot safer at night time and I sleep a lot better. And if someone wants to come to my house, I got security and a vicious guard dog so they shouldn't come to my house.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

It's my first time living on my own and after looking on the internet and reading reviews of home security systems, I went with Frontpoint. The representative told me all the details of how it works and he seemed nice. I just have the sensors and the installation took about five minutes. It was okay. I did something incorrectly but when I called them, they told me how to put it up. I also like the specific tools in the app on my phone.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I did a lot of research and came to find out Frontpoint is not cheap, but they're better than other companies. Also, their rating was very high. It's a pretty good product and I'm satisfied. They're very closely monitoring it and if there's any mishap, I get a call right away and then we confirm to move forward to call the cops or whatever. And I had a couple of issues that were taken care of. I highly recommended Frontpoint to quite a few of my friends.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We just moved here and we decided to get a home security system. Frontpoint had higher ratings of the companies that I’ve seen and it’s a lot cheaper too. We went with them and their reps did well. Their product knowledge, as well as the cost of their system, was good. Thereafter, installing the system was easy. The instructions said to just go online and then it walked me through the app. We had it set up through our phones so we could turn it on and monitor our system and thus far, it’s doing really well. I like that the system is beeping whenever the door is open, so I know when the kids are trying to get out.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Frontpoint had good reviews, so I went with them, and when I spoke to their reps, they were very good. Installing the system was also fairly easy. But the cameras don’t always function the way that they should and I don’t get the recorded areas.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

It was a home insurance policy to get a home security system and I went with Frontpoint due to their price and they have good reviews. My friend also had a good experience with them. I was impressed when I called Frontpoint. Their reps got down to detail, asked me a lot of questions and helped me come up with a system that would work. It was a very positive interaction with them. The installation of their system was easy and good. The instructions were thorough, helpful and easy to follow.

It would be nice to be able to have sensors installed outside. But other than that, I like the different ways to set the alarm. I also like that the alarm, even if it's not going off, makes a little beep when I open doors. It is a little loud when it makes those beeps, and the setting of the system can be a little loud, but overall, I like it. The smartphone feature has been functioning greatly. I set the alarm when I leave my house through my smartphone, and I turn it off before I come inside. So I use those a lot. The cost of the Frontpoint system is a very good deal.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I live out in the middle of nowhere and I don’t have any neighbors to speak of. There’s a farmer down the road but he’s a half a mile down there. Also, I live by myself, so I thought I’d better get a security system to cover me when I’m gone. I called Frontpoint and they explained different things to me. They wanted to know how many doors I had and so forth. I also called a couple other people and their prices were higher. The price monthly fee was pretty much the same, so that was not a big deal, but they wanted more money to start out with. Plus, they did the same thing as Frontpoint's reps but they weren’t as friendly and cooperative as Frontpoint's people. So, I went with Frontpoint. Also, the cost of the motion sensor and everything else I got from them was a lot cheaper than the other people I talked to. I also liked that I can add different things to the system if I need them.

I put the system in myself and my experience with that was good. The person I talked to said that I had to move the motion sensor around until I got the right area. The living room and the kitchen are in one huge room and he said I could put it in the corner and start there. Then he worked his way around to see where the best area was coverage-wise. So, I did that and it worked out fine. When I had problems getting in on my phone on their app, I called them back three times and they were glad to talk to me. They helped me and I finally got in. It was great and I haven’t had any problems with them since.

Aside from that, I have a pole barn that’s about 290 feet from the house. I have a door sensor in there that won’t connect with the main unit in the house, so I’m gonna have to get a booster for it. And I think that’ll solve the problem. I’ve gotta go try and get one because they probably have one that will work in that system. Other than that, Frontpoint's reps were great people to work with. So far, the system works good and I don’t have any problems with it. I’ve also talked to other people with different alarm systems and they say it’s a good system. I’d recommend Frontpoint to anybody.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

A friend researched Frontpoint, recommended it and this company's reps have been great. They’ve answered our questions and been responsive. Installing the system was very easy, but the keypad itself is old technology, which could have been better. I was expecting something with a screen where it is easier to use than the old '90s button technologies. Otherwise, the system is great.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I got home security after somebody came into my home at night. I figured we needed an alarm system to prevent that from happening again. I then went with Frontpoint based on reviews about the quality of service and ease of installation. And now, I'm really happy to be a Frontpoint customer. Their equipment is great and customer service is top tier. Any time I've had problems, I've called and people have been very friendly and provided excellent service.

One of my best experience was during installation. I had a little problem then and people were very understanding of the issues I was having. The hours of service were also great because they're open after my work closes. And so when I would get home, it was pretty late and that was the only time I could really set up the system. If their customer service wasn’t available during those times or the weekend, it would have made installing the system impossible. That got me to the realization that this was the right company for me. Then one time, I opened the door but unfortunately somebody had set the deadbolt inside, then my wife had left through the back door. I couldn't get back inside the house. And so, I called the service to cancel the false alarm, and it was fine. The police were not sent out and I didn’t get charged for a false alarm, which was great.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I like to have a security system both for when I'm here and when I'm gone. I'm older and I usually live alone. I did some research online and saw good reviews of the company. The price was a little bit more than I wanted to pay monthly but because of the reviews, I felt it was a good deal. Plus the quality of the equipment is good. Cost versus quality, it's fair. My experience with their representatives was also excellent. He answered all of my questions and when I called back because I had a question on something, it was very promptly answered. So I'm very pleased with the customer service.

I picked and chose the features then I got it all set up. I had to read the installation guide online a couple of times to completely understand it. It wasn't like first grade level but it was fine. Once I got over the fact that I had to install it, it was relatively easy. I've used the system and I'm pleased with it. Frontpoint's been very good for me. I would tell others to do a lot of research and find a system that works best for them. Don't always pay the lowest cost because you get what you pay for.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

We move around with the military, so when we go to a new place, we always do some kind of security system. We were looking at pricing and some of our neighbors had the Frontpoint signs out, so we went ahead and looked it up and thought we would try it. It was priced pretty well. It’s pretty good considering everything you get. The first time we set it up, it was rejecting and doing some stuff. We didn’t set it for the week and then we had them walk us through what the problems were. Also, we were confused on some of the stuff in the directions and when we called, they kinda explained it and walked us through it. They fixed it all for us. That part was a little harder doing on our own. But once we got the help when we called them, it was fine. They were there and helped us when we needed them. We are happy to have it working and everything going okay. We have that sense of security now and we haven’t had any issues.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I haven’t had any good experiences with Frontpoint lately. When I first got the package, I was told that I could have as many cameras as I wanted. It wasn’t specifically mentioned that I needed to upgrade a package. I already had what I thought was the largest package they offered. When I ordered everything, the touch control panel was on backorder and they sent me one to use in the meantime. Once I got the touch after a month down the road, I returned the original one back. They ended up charging me money off my credit card. Since then, it’s been like a battle trying to get the refund back. They ended up somehow giving me the refund then taking it back, and then taking it out on my checking account a few weeks ago. And then, I just got the refund now on my credit card, which I don’t understand why they took it out of my checking account. And then they weren’t able to replace it with the same account.

The installation was a little harder than I thought. Frontpoint says they’re wireless and they are, but you still have to hook it up to something. I had to do it myself, and I have yet to call an electrician to drop some wires. So, I have a couple cameras right now that are uninstalled. Also, the quality of everything is pretty shoddy. I have a pretty good connection at my house, but I could look at my camera images right now and everything seems like it’s being lagged. Still, the reps are all great. With the system, I’m able to log in and loo to see what’s going on at the house, so that’s good. It’s a good service just as long as no one’s pulling extra money out of my checking account without asking.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We bought a second home and we’re not there, so I needed a security system for that house. I researched online and the reviews of Frontpoint are better. The guy that helped me was really nice, very helpful and I really liked him. My husband installed the system and it was fairly easy to do. So far, I’m happy with it.

Frontpoint expert review by Ben Mannes

Choose from 3 wireless security system packages for $34.99-$49.99 a month. Systems are self-installed and include 24/7 monitoring, crash and smash technology along with fire and medical protection. Contracts range from 1-3 years.

• Installation: All Frontpoint equipment is designed to be installed by the consumer, so the company doesn’t employ any installation technicians. This saves consumers a significant amount of money when getting a new system.

• Mobile access: Frontpoint's mobile apps let you access your security system, review information and control your home from anywhere you have an Internet connection via computer or smartphone.

• Cellular monitoring: The Frontpoint Control Panel communicates with the Monitoring Center via cell phone, so it's not dependent on a phone line. Even if your home phone line is cut or the system is smashed, your alarm will send out a cell alert to Frontpoint Monitoring.

• Portable: Frontpoint's 100 percent wireless sensors are easy to set up and require no hard wiring, so a Frontpoint security system can be easily moved to a new address.

• Equipment cost: With Frontpoint, you purchase your equipment outright. While your upfront cost could be a few hundred dollars once you add extra sensors, remotes and other accessories, purchasing your equipment can actually save you money in the long run. Frontpoint equipment has a three-year warranty.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Frontpoint Company Information