3.5/5 (71 ratings)
Call Center Open

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Top Frontpoint Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… I’ve been with a dozen other security companies and never had such a great experience as I’ve had with Frontpoint. If you’re reading this and having second thoughts spend a litt...

Verified

Frontpoint security was super easy to install and learn how to use. The price is right too. I own a physical medicine clinic and we put up cameras in all the public places to keep...

What is Frontpoint?

Frontpoint is a home security company that offers wireless systems with integrated smart home technologies. The Frontpoint Hub and Keypad act as the system’s command center, with cellular connection to 24/7 professional monitoring. You can control a Frontpoint system using the company app, Google Home or Alexa. The company gives customers the option to choose one of its home security packages or design their own system with add-ons like cameras and sensors. Each system comes with a 30-day, risk-free trial.

Frontpoint security costs

At the time of publishing, Frontpoint security package pricing ranges from $99 to $479.90. Package options include Safe Home Starter, Safe Home Everyday, Safe Home Select and Safe Home Preferred. You can also build your own system. The company partners with Affirm to offer 0% APR financing to those who qualify. The cost for monitoring is $50 a month.

Frontpoint security packages

All Frontpoint alarm packages come with the central Hub and Keypad, at least two door and window sensors, at least one motion sensor, a set of window decals, a yard sign and door stickers.

Safe Home StarterSafe Home EverydaySafe Home SelectSafe Home Preferred

Safe Home Everyday$295.9423
Safe Home Select$383.9224
Safe Home Preferred$479.9025

Frontpoint monitoring costs

Monitoring with Frontpoint costs $50 a month. Both plans come with crash and smash protection, automated system checks, remote access and control, mobile alerts and unique user codes. The Ultimate Plan also includes motion-triggered alerts, light control, live video streaming and smart lock control.

Frontpoint security equipment

Frontpoint’s build-your-own option lets you design the right protection package for your home. You can mix and match equipment if you have more specific needs than what’s offered with Frontpoint security packages. In addition to sensors and indoor cameras, Frontpoint has a variety of popular security equipment add-ons.

frontpoint smart door lock
Smart Door Lock
  • Free cloud video storage
  • Bank-grade encryption
  • $119.99*
frontpoint wireless light control
Wireless Light Control
  • Control with system and mobile app
  • Works with lamps and small appliances
  • $39.99*
frontpoint doorbell camera
Doorbell Camera
  • Two-way audio and night vision
  • Comes with three-year warranty
  • $119.99*
frontpoint garage door tilt sensor
Garage Door Tilt Sensor
  • Built-in smart sensor
  • Sends real-time notifications
  • $19.99*

*As of publishing date.

Frontpoint Security FAQ

Do you have to install Frontpoint yourself?

Yes, you have to install Frontpoint yourself. Security equipment devices come preprogrammed to make setup and utilization easier. Each product includes instructions for installation. Frontpoint also posts videos on its website with visual directions.

Even though Frontpoint tries to make it as easy as possible, some consumers still find the installation process difficult or confusing. If you have any issues installing a system, reach out to Frontpoint customer service for guidance.

Can I use Frontpoint without monitoring?

Not really. You can’t get Frontpoint without a monitoring contract, and Frontpoint equipment only works with the monitoring app.

Does Frontpoint have outdoor cameras?

Yes, Frontpoint sells outdoor cameras for $135.99 as of the publishing date. They include nighttime vision with infrared technology.

How much does Frontpoint cost per month?

Frontpoint monitoring costs {starting_price:16354}. On the lower end, Frontpoint’s monitoring plan includes 24/7 professional monitoring, automated system checks, mobile alerts and monitoring. For a higher price, you can get features like live streaming, night vision, light and smart lock control and motion-triggered alerts.

What is Frontpoint’s return policy?

Frontpoint has a 30-day risk-free trial period. During this time, customers can install the system in their homes and try it to see if it fits their lifestyle. Within 30 days, customers can return the system using free shipping for a full refund.

Is Frontpoint security good?

Frontpoint provides a selection of prebuilt packages at price points to fit a variety of budgets. It can be a smart option for customers who don’t mind DIY system installation. You can select from packages or customize a system to make sure you have the right amount of protection for your property. The company claims its systems can save you up to 20% on homeowners insurance.

However, some dissatisfied customers described difficulty reaching Frontpoint customer service representatives. If you aren’t sure Frontpoint is right for you, compare Frontpoint vs. ADT or Simplisafe vs. Frontpoint.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

We have had Front Point for a number of years at least 5 years. Front Point has always responded within moments when we failed to sign or when we accidentally set the alarm off. Your recent offer to upgrade our cell phone at no cost to us was outstanding. The directions supplied with the unit was excellent and I was able to do it myself in a few minutes.

Your offer of 2 months free service for a renewal was only topped by exchanging that offer for a "Alarmed front door lock and a garage sensor both of which, I have been wanting for a number of years. The installation was very easy, the issue I had with the garage sensor was addressed in a 1 minute phone call to Front Point Service. The lock was a Yale lock that would have costed $300++ if purchased directly from Yale. We are very happy with the quality of your service and equipment.

Bill **

Frontpoint response

Bill- Thank you for your years of loyalty to Frontpoint Security! We are so happy that you have enjoyed the ease that comes with our equipment set up as well as the service that our team has provided for you so far. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance!

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

We were with AT&T and the fee was higher. We went with Frontpoint which was a lot lower. Through the years, Frontpoint went up also. Frontpoint is good. The only thing that's different is we got a new system because the initial one didn't work right. We got the other one with the box. It is called the hub. It's a little pad and it's separate. With the old one, when you would open any of the doors, you would hear a loud beep and it would say the door that's open. We like that one better. This new one does say it too but if you're on the other side of the house, you can hear something talking. It's not as loud as the old one.

Customer service was great. The system came in the mail and we did the installation. We have sensors within the house for the first unit. When I called and asked Frontpoint if my sensors will work in one of the doors, the rep said everything was hooked up to the new one. But we didn't test the sensors because we just use them on stay when we’re here.

Frontpoint response

Dottie- Thank you for taking the time to review Frontpoint Security! We are so glad that you are liking your new system. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need any assistance.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

My experience with Frontpoint has been positive. I heard about them back in 2014 and I've been a satisfied customer ever since. The system is simple to set up and easy to operate. The equipment itself was not expensive at all and they give a lot of discounts whenever you need a significant amount of equipment. The customer support is very responsive and never tries to upsell their stuff. One of the reps was telling me how I can buy sensors for their system off of Amazon instead of buying it directly from them. They offer warranties if you buy the hardware through them but they also made sure to make me aware of other options, which is something I admire about their customer support.

I initially had a set of 15 sensors and I extended my setup six months ago. I moved to a new property and I needed a lot more hardware so I bought maybe 30 new sensors. We've been satisfied. I call Frontpoint whenever I need assistance and they're very prompt. Instructions are easy. They supported me a lot during the hardware upgrades I had to do and they offered a lot of good prices. The web panel they have is advanced and there are a lot of options to name the sensor so you know if one of them goes faulty. I recommended Frontpoint to a few friends.

Frontpoint response

Ahmed- Thank you for your kind words and for your many years of loyalty to Frontpoint Security! We are so happy that you have enjoyed working with our team and that our customer support has served you well.

Original review: July 5, 2022

We recently came back to Frontpoint. We started using them almost seven years ago. We just did a web search and we called a few companies, and we liked the fact that they let you purchase your equipment so that you own it outright. Their system is able to run on cellular backup if you don't have Wi-Fi. The price was really good as well. But at the time, we wanted a security system because we were living in a neighborhood that wasn't the safest, and it gave us extra peace of mind. It definitely makes us feel more secure, especially in the new house we just moved into, one of our children's bedrooms is on the front of the house. We were able to put sensors on his windows so we know he's safe at night, and the system's plenty loud. We have experienced before where we've actually set it off, and they called us very quickly to make sure that we were okay.

The system was really easy to set up. All of the sensors seem to be working really well. We haven't had any issues with it. The representatives are always really nice and very helpful. We absolutely trust Frontpoint with monitoring our home. The systems are very affordable. They're super easy to set up. They offer you pretty much any sensor you could want to monitor anything you're worried about, which is great. We're very happy with Frontpoint and with our system.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I was looking for a security system for my house. I talked to my co-workers and they pay every month. They pay to have their cameras in their system plus they pay for the service. I didn't want to do that. I wanted to just buy it and let that be it. I went on Amazon and saw Frontpoint. They said that it would just be a monthly service and that was why I picked them. They had the things that I needed. I could pick whichever one works for me, however many door sensors or cameras I needed. I could hook it up myself and I ain't need a whole lot of people to come hook up the security system. My daughter and I hooked it up together and it was very easy. You don't have to be tech savvy. All you have to know is how to read and follow instructions and you could hook it up.

I like Frontpoint. You can see clearly on the bell. It records through your phone. You can talk through the ring doorbell. When the door is open, it lets you know what door is open. It's amazing and I feel more safe having it. If we forgot to set the alarm in the house, we could still set it from our phones, which is perfect. I will always recommend it to anybody. I recommended it to a lady that work in my dental office. I also recommended it to two of my cousins.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Technician suggested the drawer test to determine if they are faulty but I later decided to have them deactivated for the time being. It's no coincidence the both units gave false alarms in the same time frame. However, it's not convenient right now to manage this test. I am always impressed with the quality of your people and their ability to resolve issues. I would have liked to replace the sensors, but at $64 each with 15,% discount it's more than I want to spend on the problem.

Frontpoint response

Alan- Thank you for your kind words about our team here at Frontpoint Security. We are so glad that you have had a good experience with our business but are sorry that you have experienced issues with your equipment. If you are in need of further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Resolution response: Nov. 17, 2022

A rep from Frontpoint did reach out to me after my initial review and fixed the dispute on the account. I appreciate their concern and eventual assistance.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I used Frontpoint security for 10 years. The service provided was always good but the price was getting too expensive for me especially when I wanted to add cameras. I decided to use a cheaper company simply to save $20 per month. I called Frontpoint to cancel my sevice and that began the misery. I was told that I could not cancel over the phone and that I would receive a cancellation email. This occurred on October 3. I received an email consisting of a survey dealing with customer satisfaction but never received an email with cancellation information.

I then called again on October 6, the exact same scenario occurred. Later the same day I called Frontpoint for the THIRD time to cancel my service. This time I explained that I was NOT receiving the email. I was given a url code that I typed into my computer. The website asked me to reset my password. In order to reset the password I had to click on a link that DID NOT WORK.

At this point I became extremely frustrated. I called my credit card company and explained what was happening and they froze payments to frontpoint. I thought that would end the process but I then got a call from frontpoint on November 16 explaining that I owed them $90 (November and December fee) since I did not cancel the service properly. I told the agent that my password reset was not working. He said he would send a new link. He attempted this process twice without any luck and then turned me over to someone else who he said might have an idea. That person sent me 2 more messages before 1 successfully reset my password. Then he sent me a link to cancel my service. I demanded he stay on the line until I received a link. He said he sent it twice. I never received it.

Eventually, he sent it to me through his work email and I was able to access the link. I then logged onto the chat and spoke with "Tiffany". I asked that I not be charged for December fees since it was November 16 and she could see that I requested cancellation on October 3rd and 6th. I explained that Frontpoint did NOT send the requested link. I have every email Frontpoint ever sent me when I asked "Tiffany" how it was possible that the ONLY emails that I did not receive involve cancelling the service, she told me "My suggestion is to further review your email account and discuss with your provider to see why there may be an issue receiving emails"

There is no doubt that this is an intentional process by Frontpoint. I spent over 3 hours attempting to cancel their service. I simply wanted to not be charged from my original date of cancellation which to me is October 3 or 6. I was a customer for 10 years and have never made 1 complaint. I have never reviewed a company on the internet. Frontpoint is intentionally keeping customers from leaving their service and the agent online was the most condescending representative with whom I have ever dealt

Frontpoint response

Matt- Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the intial trouble you had with closing your account, but we are glad we were able to reach out and resolve the issue with a positive resolution! We appreiate the 10 years you have spent with us and if there's anything we can do in the future to regain you as a customer please us know.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

The representative was very courteous and helpful in walking me through resetting my hub so that I could get my panel reconnected to my wi-fi network. He explained the process carefully so I will be able to do this myself again, if necessary.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

Needed to reactivate my security system. They were most helpful, walking me through each step, testing the system and ensuring I knew how to work it. Later when one of the sensors failed, they walked me through the testing and replacement. Strong company.

Frontpoint response

Lynn- Thank you for taking the time to review our business! We are so happy that you enjoyed working with our team here at Frontpoint Security. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

I’ve got Frontpoint for 12 years so that should say something. It's a great system and I have no issues with it at all. The customer service is absolutely phenomenal, which is one of the reasons why I keep it. The installation is as simple as it can be and the reps will walk you through any issues you have. Everything is great and I am totally satisfied.

Frontpoint response

Augustine- Thank you for your continued loyalty to Frontpoint Security. We are so glad that you have enjoyed working with our team and the easy installation of our system! Please let us know if we can be of any help to you in the future.

Frontpoint Company Information