4.11/5
Based on 255 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 18, 2018

5990 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

I bought a new home in a new area, so I wanted some safety and peace of mind for the home. I was a little hesitant to go with the self-install system but once I've researched and seen how easy it was to install after looking at some videos, that set me over the top to go ahead with Frontpoint. And there was also the reviews and the customer service's support.

The reps were knowledgeable and they answered all my questions. One rep was a bit aggressive but it wasn't anything that turned to be off too much. During the initial conversation, I was asking questions and when he was about to end, I wanted to go back and look things over again. He tried and overcame any objections and asked what he can do to get it done or if there was anything that was holding me back to doing it that time.

The installation process was straightforward. I utilized the YouTube videos and the app too was helpful. I ended up calling tech support a few different times for a couple of different things. But overall, it wasn't too bad. I called and spoke to the sales rep because I wasn't sure how effective or how well the glass break sensors would cover the living room versus getting an individual door window since the breach model would have been more expensive. I ended up adding those extra and customized it that way and I got an extra motion sensor as well.

From a cost versus quality standpoint, it was solid. I didn't get the highest quality panel or the touchscreen but I got the one that serves the purpose, so I think it was fine for the price. I would recommend Frontpoint to a friend. It was relatively easy to set up and it's cost-effective. The first phone call with a sales rep wasn't ideal, but outside of that, every time I've had to call whether tech support or just the bills, service has been really topnotch and that's important.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 18, 2018

I'm pleased with our Frontpoint system and they have excellent customer service. They put the customer first. I installed the system, and it was very easy. And also, the installation instructions were very easy to understand. They had to fix a couple of things on their end and they were very helpful. There was a billing question, but they resolved it very quickly and professionally.

I purchased a home security system for the feeling of safety in my home, and my Frontpoint security equipment works great. The quality is within industry standards. And it's very user-friendly. Once it's set up you don't have to really do anything but answer the door. And since the features are customizable, it was exactly what I expected. I'm happy with what I have. I'd love to have motion detection, but I have dogs so it's not possible. The smartphone features are also very easy to use. Since having Frontpoint, I feel more secure at night. I like the chime on the door when somebody opens it. I have a younger child in the house, so I don't want him going outside. I've already recommended Frontpoint to a friend.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We were doing some construction and we needed a home security system for safety. We read reviews online and spoke to a couple of different companies and felt most comfortable with Frontpoint. They have the best pricing available as well. The reps were very clear in explaining everything that was involved, what we would have to do and what the service entailed. They were also very responsive and efficient. I had a good experience with them. We got the standard system with two or three sensors on different floors and the front door alarm. They sent the system quickly and then we had to install it, but that was easy. They sent us all the different parts and instructions and we set everything up. We attached everything to the wall and made sure it was connected to the phone.

The quality is fine and we're very happy with it. We had situations when people have gone in without a code. It set off the alarm and then we had the code straight away so Frontpoint was really responsive. There was also a situation where I had to call them just to verify that it was us going into the house, not somebody else. They've been very efficient and I haven't had any problems at all. I had ADT in the past and they're a little bit more expensive for the same thing that I'm getting with Frontpoint, so what we're getting now is a good service. I would recommend Frontpoint to my friends.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We never had a system before, so we were in the market for one. And Frontpoint's Cyber Monday Deal was nice. The hardware was super on sale, as well as security. Frontpoint’s customer service has always been great. They walked me through any troubleshooting problems I've had on my own. They were very patient, very friendly, and very intelligent. The sales team was great, too. The installation was fine, easy and cool. I recently caught that the graphic design and the onboarding process can't get any better. It was awesome and was clearly labeled with byte size and depths. And even if I can't figure that out, their YouTube links were straightforward and simple.

The system's features are good. But I have some questions the further along I go with it. I remember hearing during the sales talk about some features that were very appealing to me, and I had a lot of questions about what Frontpoint offers that other people don't. The only loophole I was seeing was I access one of the features and I don’t know what or what not to do with it and how I could even find it. But I could always call and ask them to remind how to figure those things out. We've never had an alarm go off, but we did by accident when a friend walked in. We didn't know how the alarm turned on.

In regard to knowing what the steps are going to be if someone is breaking into your house, that would be cool to know, even how loud the alarm will be or how to run things like that. They say that they or the other company will give me a call and they asked for my password. That’s cool but it wasn't clear to me that I needed to get a permit. Apparently, for the city that I was in, I need to have a permit and there is a fine if I don't. And if it's connected to calling the cops, there is a new permit for a monitoring system. That may change per city, so it makes sense how that wouldn't be straight in my face. But I found that out through a friend who told me that I needed that. I just hope that Frontpoint will protect their customers.

Also, the picture resolution is not as good as I was told in terms of what was sold and I know it depends on internet connection. The live ones are fine, but the recorded ones are a little choppy. They look like they're 10 years old. It would also be nice for their sky cam to have different options in terms of aesthetic appearances. I live in Philadelphia and we have nothing but brick, and the black doesn't look that nice. I wish there were a few more options because I've noticed there was a chrome finish and there was a black finish, but I didn't how to find the chrome or other models available. That was the only one that came with our package. Nonetheless, Frontpoint is number one. They’re pricey, but I, fortunately, found them during their great sale.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I wanted a home security system for peace of mind and protection of my belongings. I work pretty hard for the stuff I have and if I can protect them any way, a security system just makes sense. Everyone that I talked to from Frontpoint answered all my questions in a timely fashion. They also gave me enough time to make a decision, 'cause I didn't make the decision the first time I talked with them, but they contacted me back and helped me make the decision on which service to choose and they did a good job.

Although Frontpoint functions pretty much the same as my old system, the one thing I can say is I'm in the process of renting homes and have been renting my last couple of residences, and for the security system before, they actually go in to physically install it and I can't take it with me. On the other hand, I can take Frontpoint's system with me, so I don't have to purchase another system anymore as I already have one.

I installed the system myself. They gave me step-by-step instructions to follow and were easy to understand. It's pretty cut and dry and I don't think any regular person would have any issue with it. When I did have one issue, I called them and they fixed it right away. I like the system's features and definitely the fact that they have the mobile app where I can do all my stuff and it gets me to look at more information. I like that functionality.

Although I wish that there wasn't a $4 or $5 a month upcharge, it is a little difference. I think the whole package is competitive, especially with what's on the market. I was able to find a cheaper deal with another competitor, but they didn't offer the flexibility of me moving my system like Frontpoint. They would have to come out and install it, so I decided to go with Frontpoint over them because of that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: April 17, 2018

It was very good with the Frontpoint sales rep. The guy was very friendly and took time to listen to the size of our home and the various features to make sure that the system fit. But they do all their business online. So, it was one of those things where I got a better price if I purchased at the time rather than go back. That was a little pushy on the sales side but other than that, everything was fine. We got a motion sensor and a bunch of window and door sensors. The equipment prices were very positive and the installation was easy. In one of our doors, we had an issue with making sure the magnet stuck because of how there wasn’t much wiggle room. The sensors can only be so far apart and with the way the door was set up, it was tough for us to balance the sensor that was actually on the frame.

The smartphone is great and it makes everything really easy. But I had to go to the actual website that has additional options to make a change that wasn’t available on the smartphone. But most of the time, to activate and deactivate, we use our phones which is obviously a big plus. Everything in terms of the equipment itself has been a good value so far. The monthly cost is a little more expensive compared to other systems. Thankfully, up to this point, we haven't needed any of the features in terms of having to sound an alarm for any time. The experience we’ve had has been great.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I already had a home security system from a different provider and I wanted to continue it for my place. I did my research on Frontpoint so I was already sold that I wanted to go with them, but the salesperson who assisted me was very good. The installation was a little tedious at first. It took me about 45 minutes to an hour but I was able to work through it. As for the cost, it's just a few dollars different from what I was using before. In fact, it's better because I have extra features even though one of those extra features is almost useless because the detection is not really helping me at all. But the cost is pretty normal from what I expected.

With Frontpoint being wireless, everything is networked through. My previous system was wired to the wall and I had to set it on a table. But usually when someone came in and out of the door, I could hear the beep pretty loud. Whereas with Frontpoint, you can't. So sometimes, I don't know when someone is coming in or out unless I'm in the area where the base is located, and that's a big difference to me between the two systems. There are four of us in the household and so, it would be nice to know when someone is coming and going, especially my son who works late at night.

Other than the panel, the only feature that I'm a little disappointed in is the framed doorbell I also ordered. The doorbell is picking up everything. Supposedly, it should not detect anything when you put it on its lowest sensitivity level. However, it detects everything within 20 to 30 feet, including cars passing by or people walking by. It's ridiculous because it would constantly be recording and sending messages. I found out later that it only records up to a certain amount per month and when you have cars passing by every other minute, my month is over in two weeks. When I first signed up with them, I received my first doorbell and I had this problem. They told me to return and they would send me another one. The other one is doing the same thing.

I would tell my friends that everything is fine with Frontpoint as long as they don’t get the ring if they need that. Maybe purchase that separately and not from Frontpoint until they fix that part. I would also let them know about the panel but that's not a deal breaker if Frontpoint is able to fix that. I wanted to install it on a wall but I can't do that right now.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Frontpoint had good reviews online, so I got them for peace of mind. I reached out to Frontpoint when I was doing my initial set up and my questions were answered fairly quickly and easily. And the installation went very smoothly. The only alert that I got was when there was any power loss to the main console, and I have received email and app notifications when that happened, which was unusual. It took me about a month of real world usage to get used to the system and understand what it could do. My experience has been mostly positive, but it would be useful talking to someone and just going over exactly all of the features that I have, because I’m not sure that I’m making the best use of everything that’s available to me.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I'm a new homeowner and I got a home security system for security purposes. I looked up reviews online and checked which companies had good response and services. I wanted a do-it-yourself type of system and Frontpoint avails that. I also liked their ratings. I thought that they were the best choice, too. When I called their representative, he had a package going that was a reasonable price in my mind. They explained the details, we went over the house and how many entry points there are, and he set up a system that was sent through the mail. Then we set it up and had the same contact with the same gentleman to get it activated. So things went pretty easily. Frontpoint has kind of a place-and-stick sensor system and with command strips, you can move anything and replace if necessary. So it wasn't too difficult.

I have the basic necessity of entry and having a sense of security as we leave the house. They have a higher or more expensive systems that you can buy through them that integrate your lights and smart home and if we go away on a day trip or at night, we turn it on. It's a good system to have. To my understanding, it runs on a radio frequency. So it connects to singular AT&T Verizon cell towers and communicates that. This system hasn't given me any problems as of yet and I like how you can hook it up through your mobile phone and secure and turn it off through that, which is a handy feature. It's pretty user-friendly and they've updated them a couple of times since I've had the app. I have pictures and things that allow me to access the security features easily.

The cost is also reasonable. I pay $50 a month for the system that I have, which is the intermediate level that they offer. So for the cost and the service and the parts, they have warranty on most of their mechanisms that if something breaks, they will charge you initially for it, they give you the replacement part, and then you credit, and get that back. Also, I have two pets and I like the sense that I can leave the home and even though they will react to anyone coming near the house, the security system with the local and having the mobile app of that notification is pretty important.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I had a good no-pressure sales rep from Frontpoint who was very informative. We weren’t quite ready when I called the first time, but I had a good experience with our conversation. She sent me an email information and I replied back to her when we were ready to make the jump. The installation was a little more extensive than we anticipated and I was surprised because my husband is very handy and knows his way really well around a toolbox. While the installation definitely took longer than they had told us to expect, the quality of the equipment has been good. We’ve enjoyed having the Frontpoint system and definitely feel more secure with it.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We are first-time homeowners and we thought of getting a home security system. The most important thing for me is the quality and affordability. And Frontpoint's price was one of the most affordable in the market. We also read a lot of reviews on the internet and they had a pretty good review. I called them twice. One was when we were doing the contract and the second time was when we received the equipment. They explained to us what to do. We did the installation ourselves and it was good. We've used the basic thing for the house and until now, everything is good and working fine.

But I thought in the beginning that the keychain was included. We had to pay for two keychains. But everything is the same for the price that I pay for the equipment. We also didn't like the fact that we have to take the home security system because of the deal that we are stuck with them for three years, which is too much.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We were going to get a security system but three days before we got one, our new home, which we haven’t moved into yet, got broken into. Frontpoint was rated so highly for customer service and they’ve been very phenomenal. I am quite satisfied with the system's features. The only thing that's a little bit of annoying is the motion detector. Our dog who’s 80 pounds sets it off. I was under the impression when I purchased it that it wouldn’t create an issue. In the end, the purpose of the alarm is to go off either way, but our motion detector is rarely utilized. Also, I received a call from Frontpoint and they said that the motion detectors went off and asked if I wanted to call the police. I told them to hold on since I needed to make sure our contractors were there. They gave me the number to call back. But when I called back, our guy wasn’t there. I told them to please call the police and I was put on hold. Still, I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I read Frontpoint on the internet and it sounded good so I figured I'd give it a shot. So far, Frontpoint has been very responsive any time I've needed anything. I ordered and they sent the stuff in a timely manner and explained everything very thoroughly. I followed up with any questions and I'm very happy with them. Frontpoint has instructions on the internet and the reps went through it step-by-step with me on the phone. It's straightforward but there probably could have been a little bit more on the instructions. But for the most part, there was no problem. Furthermore, I wanted a camera but in order to add it, I gotta have a high-speed internet. I was thinking about getting that, but I haven't done that yet. But I might in the future. Other than that, everything seems to be functioning okay.

I had the system in the box for a long time because we were remodeling plus we had a major plumbing problem. So, all the windows were blocked and I couldn't get to install an alarm for a while. But they were more than happy to accommodate my needs. Overall, the system works great. We feel a lot more secure now especially my wife when she's here by herself. So far, we've been happy with it and hopefully, everything stays on. I would recommend Frontpoint.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We moved into a new development and there were not really burglaries but car break-ins and a few things like that at first. So we felt that since we're sometimes gone for a few weeks at the time, we needed a home security system. I do like the fact that Frontpoint's system has no wiring, that I could install it myself and if somebody's gonna break in, they couldn't just disconnect the wires on the outside.

Every time I call Frontpoint, if their lines are busy, they just have you leave your number and they'll give you a call back rather than have you sit on the line for 20 minutes. And I've always gotten a call right back. And whenever I had a little problem with installation, although not much of this one, I call Frontpoint and they resolve the whole thing very quickly. Their customer service has been very good. We did set the system off accidentally once. My husband just walked in the house because he forgot it was on. Because I also had a couple of email messages, it triggered email messages instantaneously. My husband would have to turn off the unit after the 30 sec was up. As soon as that expired, I had a call right away making sure that everything was okay and that it was an accident. So, they've met our satisfaction to this point.

As for installation, they sent clear directions and I did it yourself. One part didn't work because it hadn't been activated correctly but when I called up, they were able to reset that and then everything’s connected fine. Because it was unfamiliar, the installation probably took me an hour but now that I know what I'm doing, it didn't need to take that long.

I like Frontpoint because we could just start with a basic package. It gave us a motion detector for the great room and a break window detection which we put in our bedroom because we have a couple of big windows. And then, it just gave us door sensors for each of our doors. A couple of weeks ago, I reordered and window sensors. And so, what it is is you can have as much or as little as you want. We could have outdoor, indoor and doorbell cameras but we feel like that's overkill. We're in a pretty safe area. So, we just want to know if somebody's inside our house that's why we were able to go minimal but if we wanted to do much more we'd be able to. Frontpoint is about the same cost as any of the outfits that they can do more than just give you the alarm. It can respond and get the police, if necessary. So, they actually have much more available that we feel we need.

The quality of the equipment seems good, so far. Whenever we open the door, it beeps which is, for us, a nice feature because our toddler granddaughter is over here a lot. And she did take off out the front door once. We knew the door was being opening and went right after her. Also, if I'm in the house alone, I knew if somebody has entered. I also do like that when my husband's out of town and I'm staying for an extended period by myself, I set it at night. When I want it set and I'm in the house, I can just set entry, but not activated the motion sensor. It helped me feel a little more secure when I'm by myself.

I also have the smartphone app. When we were on a South American cruise in January, I was checking to make sure the system was still activated. And one day I saw it wasn't. And so if I'm out of town, I can use that to check the status and I can also get information, I can activate and deactivate it like if I knew somebody was going to come over that didn't know how to deactivate the system, I can deactivate it anywhere in the world.

And then we also have the little key fob which I really like that I can deactivate the system just from that before I come in the house. So I can hold down one button for a couple of seconds to activate it. I don't have to do it inside the house and then run to the door within 30 sec. We just go outside, re-lock up from the outside the front door and set it all. I got one of those for my daughter and son-in-law too so when they come over, there's no like three seconds of beeping while you go put in the code. Frontpoint is where I got everything I need and at an affordable price and at ease of installation. We're just completely satisfied.

I would recommend Frontpoint to anybody that doesn't feel they need to be hardwired. It sounded more interesting to me than having some technician come out and spend the whole day wiring my house and then trying to upsell me.

Original review: April 14, 2018

We’ve been lackadaisical when it came to security so we really didn’t have a home security system at all. When we bought our house, it had one of the old laser security systems but we never really used it. Somebody got into our garage and stole a couple of my bikes. I decided to get a security system but I didn’t know what security system to use. Being in an older home, I was concerned that if I put a new security system in, I would use the ceiling to hook up the wires. So the wireless system that I researched looked to be quite well with Frontpoint. So I made the decision to contact Frontpoint, and I talked to the salesperson and made the purchase, which was very easy.

I installed the system myself. It’s a system that’s meant to be portable and it’s kind of do-it-yourself. So the rep walked me through the size of the house, what was needed, and then they mailed the whole package to me. Then I called them and there was an installation person on the other side that walked me through the process. Everything was kind of preprogrammed and then I just put it up. Overal, the installation was easy. I did a few things wrong, and the person on the line was very patient, good and straight. Frontpoint is a little bit more expensive than some of the other systems. But their stuff is good and in terms of ease of use, I like it. It’s unobtrusive. We don’t have a lot of equipment that needs to be looked at.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I have two security systems from Frontpoint for different properties. I wanted something that was independent, any of those companies that work either on web or phone like a landline. I wanted something that could work on wireless and Frontpoint offered that option. So that’s why I went with them, as much as the do-it-yourself system. I like the options that they offered and their pricing was competitive. The first time I spoke with a representative, he was very helpful. He walked me through the entire system and what I would need to do. And they took care of the false alarm system thing, so it was really convenient and I didn’t have to do anything. The installation was super easy. I just needed to take care of a few guidelines which they provided and they were not hard to understand. The guidelines were on all the doors that I need security on.

They asked me how many entry and exit points I have and how many floors in the house, and they helped me map out what I might need. They recommended I get an extra motion sensor and that has made a lot of sense. The customer rep was really wonderful the first time but the second time, my experience wasn’t as good as the first. I don’t know whether it’s just because I was an existing customer so I was kind of all in the bag. Anyhow, the second time I knew what I was doing, and all came packaged really well. They even packaged the equipment in steps so I don’t have to take everything out and figure out what to do. The instructions told me exactly what to do and then I synced my phone up to the entire system. It’s entirely on the web and I didn’t have to set up the keypad at all. The system did that automatically, so I just had to plug it in.

The apps are really nice. I called Frontpoint to have both the properties on the same app for me so that I don’t, by mistake, arm a house that I didn’t want to, and they helped me with that. So customer service with Frontpoint is very superior to anything else that I have experienced. I really like that and I think that’s what makes me go back to them. I’ve had false alarm situations and their response has been excellent. That’s the kind of response I would expect from them in case it was an actual incursion. There are independent, web-based security system providers around the market now, but my experience with Frontpoint has been really good which is why I am a returning customer. I'm very satisfied with Frontpoint and I’d tell my friends to get it.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I’ve been thinking about purchasing a home security system for a while. We used to have an alarm system. The world’s getting crazier and it gives me a little more peace of mind to know that if someone breaks into my house, the police would be notified. And hopefully, it won’t get too bad. I was searching online and I liked the idea of Frontpoint being completely wire-free, which is what I wanted in a company. I didn’t want someone to be able to mess with our system by being outside and cutting through the wires. Frontpoint has a backup battery, too, so it should never go out. I felt safer.

Frontpoint's rep was really nice and very helpful and he answered all my questions. The installation wasn’t too bad but it was hard finding places to put the sensors where they’ll stick. I struggled with our door's opening or where to put it because there’s only a certain amount of distance that the sensor can be apart. So on certain parts of the door, once I open it, it falls off. We’ve gotten it down but I am having trouble with the motion sensor. I tried setting it up and the first time I used it, we left the house and I set it “away”. Then I got a notification saying that the motion sensor had been triggered, but none of the doors have been opened. We don’t have any pets and there was no way somebody could have gotten to the house. So, I haven’t turned that on and it's just in the box.

The cost of the system is not bad but I had one concern because I live with my parents and they’re both deaf. I had spoken to one rep and he had said that our system is compatible by setting up our own flashing light so that they would know when the alarm is going off. When I set up the system, I spoke to another rep and he said that I would have to upgrade my system in order to make it compatible with the flashing light system. It was a little frustrating being told two different things, so we ended up installing our own device. But it’s not very practical and it’s basically a baby monitor that will set the lights flashing with any sound. I am looking for a way to hook it up so that it’s only for the alarm. Sometimes the light blinks all the time, so they unplug it but then they can forget to plug it back in and if the alarm’s going off, they're not going know.

I feel better for having Frontpoint in my home, yet the idea of it going off, as well as that sound, is still terrifying. But we like the system and it’s nice to know we have it. So, when we’re in the house or even when we leave, we can turn it on. And if something were to happen, it’ll go off and immediately alert Frontpoint. It went off in the middle of the night and I turned it off. But I still got a call from Frontpoint checking to make sure we were okay to use the passcode. I appreciated that because I know someone’s always on it. I’m likely to recommend Frontpoint but I wish it was a little more deaf-friendly for individuals who need a bit more.

Original review: April 13, 2018

All the kids moved out, and I was just living alone. Frontpoint was wireless and on the internet, it was rated as one of the better security systems. I've had the Frontpoint system for a while now and their reps were very helpful. They walked me through everything and it was very good. Also, when I needed a new sign for the yard, they mailed it out. I installed the system and I was talking to the customer service rep on the phone at the time because I couldn't figure out what to do and how to do it. They helped me set it up to change from the beeping to the voice because it scared my dog. It was very easy to install and the instructions were good. I was surprised with the features of the system. I didn't realize they had a smoke detector, a glass break sensor, and a motion detector. It was excellent.

It has only been a couple of months but so far, the quality of the equipment has been good and it's only $30 a month. Also, I didn't have to pay for the initial package. However, I didn't have the smartphone features. You have to pay an extra monthly charge to be able to access the system online on your phone. Other than that, the system makes me feel secure and it's a good product. Their customer service is excellent. One of the biggest things for me is if you have issues, you're gonna call, and sometimes you can never get through depending on the company but Frontpoint has been very responsive, so I was satisfied.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We purchased a system for security reasons. Prior to Frontpoint, we had Comcast. Frontpoint's reps did a great job. They explained the process of selling the system and its installation. The features that are offered are average to above average. However, we have a small glitch with one the sensors on one of the doors. Still, that's just a matter of writing to the entity and getting new sensors. Our experience with them has been fairly good, so far.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We live in times where there are a lot of criminals around and the cops don't allow us to shoot them. So we have to fight some other way and catch them on video. I felt like the other security companies were overpriced and they had some complaints from different places. Frontpoint had a lot of good reviews throughout the internet and their price was fairly reasonable. It beats a lot of its competitors substantially. Moreover, their customer support was excellent. The installation was easy and the instructions were easy to follow. However, the first door sensor was bad, which turned me off. I mailed it back to have it replaced. Other than that, it was fairly simple to put in. I could have installed it in 25 minutes if I didn't have problems with the sensors. Every time I had issues with the system, I called them up and they were very responsive. They were able to fix it within a reasonable time and they were there when I needed them.

The features that Frontpoint offers are all excellent. The door locks everything just like any other major alarm company out there. I customized my package towards what I felt like I needed to. I had an extra door lock and then some extra sensors. I wanted my kids to have access without using the keys to the house. Also, I wanted to know when the kids were coming in and have something to monitor the house when we're not here or on a vacation. The smartphone features are excellent and easy to use. There were a few glitches here and there with the cameras and the Wi-Fi connection, but overall, it's good quality equipment.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I’m living on my own and we thought it was best that I have a home security system. My dad researched and got Frontpoint. I have called Frontpoint's customer service and updated by giving my name and phone number. The installation was very easy and I have the alarm system on my two doors. Right now, I’m upstairs and I don’t need anything on my windows. So, I feel secure. I really like the features of the system and I’m enjoying it. I’m satisfied and unless I am fortunate enough to buy a house then I’ll upgrade. The system has never gone off yet but my dad told me yesterday that I might need to set it off to make sure it is actually working. I would recommend Frontpoint and I have already recommended it to several friends.

Original review: April 12, 2018

The young man who I was working was very helpful and explained everything thoroughly and got me set up that day. And within just a couple of days, I had the box in the mail. And I was able to set everything up without having any troubles. It was a quick call that I made that activated everything, and it was good to go. The installation instructions were perfect and very user-friendly and weren't complicated, so I liked that.

The features are so far, so good. I'd like to add some more maybe once my budget changes well in the future. It tends to be a little bit on the expensive side as far as some of the special features go, like the mobile monitoring and being able to set my alarm remotely and turn it off and things like that, but that's my only hang-up. The security equipment's quality seems great. There's a comparable system that a friend of mine has through another company. And it seems to be slightly more expensive, but they have a lot more features. But as far as the actual functionality goes, I think the one I have is fairly priced. I would highly recommend Frontpoint. We live in a neighborhood that is sort of middle of the range as far as crime goes and I do some traveling for work. So, it helps a little extra peace of mind while I'm going and my wife's at home alone that we've got a security system. It helps us both sleep better at night when I'm out of town.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I wanted a home security system for security purposes, and I purchased one from Frontpoint. I liked their customer reviews, price point, and how they compared to other competitors. Their customer service is very strong and the sales associate that I spoke to was very knowledgeable of not only Frontpoint but the industry as well. I was comparing Frontpoint to ADT and some other security providers as well, and ADT is known for having poor customer service and there was some large issue with another provider in terms of their app service.

The Frontpoint system seemed easy to use. It’s very scalable in the fact that you can add additional units or equipment onto it fairly simple. And importantly as well, it ties in with emergency services. The installation was simple. I was on the phone with someone with their support team when I did it. They walked me through it. The only thing is the actual console itself has to be plugged into an outlet which isn’t the most aesthetically pleasing. If it gets unplugged or if someone comes in and smashes it, it stays on. It has battery power. It’s powered by mobile data instead of Wi-Fi so if my Wi-Fi gets cut, it’s still online. But I just don’t like looking at the cord hanging around the wall. I have recommended Frontpoint through a few friends as well.

Original review: April 11, 2018

After writing the initial review on another site, I was contacted by Ashley, a Customer Support Supervisor, who offered to lower my cancellation fee, but would not waive it. The only other option given was to continue troubleshooting the equipment which was ultimately found to be defective. Unfortunately, they did not have the model of motion sensor I was sold, so to replace it I was instructed to buy it from a 3rd party and Frontpoint would reimburse the purchase price. I guess I'm doing their supply-chain work for them now...

Original review: April 11, 2018

We already had an ADT system but the ones from Frontpoint were a much better deal for us. I like having the video cameras. It's really nice. The installation was easy for the most part and the instructions they provided were good. I had one door that's funky because of how it was set and it was a bit hard to figure out but we got it figured out. However, I have this one sensor that keeps failing and I don’t know what to do. I want to get it fixed.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I just bought the house and decided to get a home security system. My sister uses Frontpoint in Florida and she said they are pretty good, so I decided to try them. The user set-up experience was a little confusing. I had some random issues with the system. It had failures, but I finally called, and a technician recently walked me through it and fixed it over the phone. He was helpful. What he couldn’t answer, he got answered. There were brief holds but I was treated fair. It was a good experience.

I got a good deal on Frontpoint during Black Friday so I can't complain about the price at all. But the little pieces that we installed on the doors could be a little bit better. They also got to replace the little sticky things that they give people. We had to use superglue because they weren’t sticky enough. They were also a little bit big. Then the motion sensors could be a little bit more sensitive. There had been times I've walked by and it didn’t pick me up which was weird. Other than that, it’s a decent product and I feel confident in them.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I was looking around for a home security system and Frontpoint was rated fairly high. I decided to give them a chance. Their customer service has been good every time I’ve had to call in. They have a good set up and I spend a lot of time on the phone with them but everything worked out. The installation was good, too. All of the equipment came in and then I just called them and we walked through on the phone and got everything set up. It was fairly easy. The majority of our system's features are good, and I got decent equipment. And the quality is good as well. It’s in range with some of the other ones out there that I have been associated with. Our Frontpoint system is convenient and easy to use.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Customer service is dismal. Usually the person doesn't know what they are talking about, and they almost never answer you back. You literally have to pester them relentlessly to make any headway. Sadly, I would never recommend them to anyone.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for taking the time to bring this experience to our attention. Rest assured, we will be looking into your interactions and will take any and all necessary steps to ensure this does not happen again. In addition, we will be having one of our Support Supervisors reach out to address your concerns and make sure you are entirely taken care of moving forward. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We just built a new house and a bunch of stuff was stolen while we were doing it. My mom has Frontpoint and she likes it. She recommended Frontpoint to us. Then all my interactions with the representatives were great and the installation was good. We have the window and door sensors, which we might need a few more, and a couple of motion sensors. And, I'm very satisfied with them. So far, my Frontpoint experience has been good and the only complaint that I have is it says that it’s not connected sometimes. Also, the cost seems a little high for not doing much of anything. We like Frontpoint and having it, I feel much better about security. I travel for work so I feel better that there’s nothing that could go wrong with it.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Frontpoint has the option to have the cell phone service instead of it being hardwired to my electricity and power. And I purchased this home security system for the safety of my family. The rep, Kyle, was great and he did a really good job. He knew the product and he knew how to operate everything. He had me sold when I first talked to him. The installation was easy and I just opened the box and followed the steps one to three.

The features of the system are great. I’m able to have the cameras, the doorbell, and the home keypad. And it’s an overall convenience because of the ease of use. The smartphone feature is wonderful. Also, the cost is spot on. It’s relatively the same price if not cheaper than all the rest. With Frontpoint, I have the sheer convenience of having the security in my pocket and also on the wireless network. So, I know what’s going on and I know any time somebody comes and rings the doorbell and if they happen to break in. Frontpoint is flawless.

Frontpoint expert review by Erin Raub

Frontpoint was founded in 2007 and offers home security in all 50 states. The company prides itself on its cutting-edge technology and excellent customer service, which wins rave reviews from consumers enamored with Frontpoint's high quality monitoring at fair prices.

• Installation: All Frontpoint equipment is designed to be installed by the consumer, so the company doesn’t employ any installation technicians. This saves consumers a significant amount of money when getting a new system.

• Mobile access: Frontpoint's mobile apps let you access your security system, review information and control your home from anywhere you have an Internet connection via computer or smartphone.

• Cellular monitoring: The Frontpoint Control Panel communicates with the Monitoring Center via cell phone, so it's not dependent on a phone line. Even if your home phone line is cut or the system is smashed, your alarm will send out a cell alert to Frontpoint Monitoring.

• Portable: Frontpoint's 100 percent wireless sensors are easy to set up and require no hard wiring, so a Frontpoint security system can be easily moved to a new address.

• Equipment cost: With Frontpoint, you purchase your equipment outright. While your upfront cost could be a few hundred dollars once you add extra sensors, remotes and other accessories, purchasing your equipment can actually save you money in the long run. Frontpoint equipment has a three-year warranty.

• Best for: DIYers, homeowners, renters and tech-savvy shoppers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Frontpoint Company Information