Call toll free
4.40/5
Based on 1,264 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

7020 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

While reading through these reviews, I couldn’t ignore the overwhelming theme of ignorance contained within the negative, one-star reviews - read your contracts people and know your legal rights as customers. I’ve been a Frontpoint customer for about six years now and have had nothing less than an exceptional experience. From technical support to customer service, there’s no wonder why this company is rated #1! Word of caution however. If Frontpoint forgets that their customers are the foundation of their success and begin disrespecting customers similar to Vivint, I will not think twice to look elsewhere as I have done in the past. Keep it up Frontpoint!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

The Frontpoint security system was already in our home when we bought it. We used ADT's home security system in the past, but compared to it I love our Frontpoint system and it's easy to use. When I first got our subscription, the sales reps sent me a a whole new set-up, including a new panel and new equipment except the door sensors, because the previous people didn’t leave their code. The features offered in our system are great and I like them all. I have multiple exterior doors on the system and I like that my sliding door is on it. I also have a motion sensor. But at some point, I'm gonna add cameras once I can afford to buy them.

The installation was very simple and it was done with the Frontpoint people on the phone. it was very easy to install the door alarms and other security equipment, but I wanted to set up a few more features in our home originally. I wanted an additional door sensor put in my downstairs storage area, but I couldn’t figure out how I could get that to sync up with the system, and I had to call customer service for some advice. The reps were extremely friendly and knowledgeable and they walked me through how to do this. They also walked me through setting up a motion sensor in our home. I wanted to move the motion sensor from where we had it before so that it wouldn’t capture the motions of our dog and they helped me work with it. Our dog stays inside all day and goes all over the house, and we've yet to have the motion sensor go off with her inside, so that has been great.

The overall functionality and performance of our system is fantastic. I have the app and the key fob, so I've been able to check alerts and different things from my phone. I've used the app before when I couldn’t remember if I had set the alarm or not and I've also used it from my room which is not in near proximity to the panel. When my alarm is set and if the downstairs door which is in a different part of the house is open, the system alerts my phone. It is in an area that I can't monitor closely and I set the system so I can see if anybody is going in and out of there without me knowing. So, even if I'm at work, I can tell if somebody like my husband is going in or out of that door. I can also sense if any of the doors are open at any time. I'm able to turn the alarm on and off from outside my door when I'm unlocking. My being able to do that from my phone is nice because I can be at work and when our college-age son and his friends come by to ride jet skis or do different things, I can turn the alarm off and they can get in and then I could turn it back on when they leave.

For our homeowner’s insurance, we needed to have smoke detectors and a heat detector installed. They've worked great and I was able to get a discount on my homeowner’s insurance. Also, the cost of the system is reasonable, even if my husband doesn’t like that I spend money on it, but I like it because I stay by myself often. As a matter of fact, I have recommended Frontpoint.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Before choosing Frontpoint Security be very aware how painful it will be to cancel. I have many complaints since I started my services, until I decided to cancel their services after my contract of 3 years was going to end. I called them 2 months in advance and they informed me to call back when the contract is expired. 1 day after the contract expired, I contacted them again and I was informed I have to stay with them 2 additional months to terminate it as the contract automatically renew once it expires. Now, I received a call informing that it’s only possible to be done with a formal letter via email. And as they need to receive the communication 30 days in advance, I’ll probably have to pay 3 additional months! Simply unacceptable.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. One of our Account Supervisors will be reaching out to address your concerns in detail and make sure you are completely taken care of moving forward. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I'm trying to live in my own place and I haven’t been living away from my parents for that long. And even though I'm in a pretty safe apartment complex in a good part of the town, it's in my personality to expect worst case scenario so I thought it was very important to have a home security device. I was comfortable with the monthly payment that I was able to get from Frontpoint. We got two sensors in that system which was a fair deal. The guy who was helping me knew how to set the system up for me. Also, the directions were not confusing at all, so I was happy about that.

I got the plug in thing and they told me if someone tampered with it, it would alert the Frontpoint staff and they would call me. Before I leave the house, I would hit doors and windows. And when I come home, I would enter the password immediately. It would give me a 30-second window, so it's very easy to use. It's always on and it beeps really loud. Once, the maintenance people came in unannounced, then Frontpoint called me immediately. Then, they came again the next day to double check on something, even if they didn't tell us they would.

They system works just as good as the first day that we got it and the sound has been the same. We keep it in a safe area where it doesn't fall down and it stands up right all the time. I'm happy with my decision to go with Frontpoint. You just have to ask them specific questions so that you would have a clear understanding of how the system works before you buy it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I purchased Frontpoint a few years ago after doing some research and have had nothing but trouble since. They glazed over the contract term and my monthly fee has increased from $35/mo to $48/mo. I also didn't get the equipment I was promised and that took days to resolve. While DIY is definitely less expensive initially, I would consider another company as I feel they have ZERO concern for their customers. It's not so much the price that bothers me, but the bait and switch tactics I feel were employed. I also have my system in a drawer and have asked MULTIPLE times for my monthly fee to be reduced since it's not in use. Eight months later, I'm still paying for a system that just shows me the weather. All of the door magnets and glass break sensors are in a drawer. They go off from time to time when I rummage through that drawer looking for things that are actually useful to me.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. One of our Support Supervisors has been attempting to contact you to work with you towards a resolution. At your earliest convenience, please feel free to give us a call back and we would be happy to assist you. Thanks again and we hope to hear from you soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

We love Frontpoint. It's been very helpful because even though we're not at the property, we can actually monitor stuff. The board is good and we like all of the features. You can even turn the system on and off with the smartphone features. The system is the best we've used and the cost is fair too. I'd recommend Frontpoint to everybody. We've tried other security systems but didn't like them. Frontpoint is wireless plus they walked through the whole thing and it was very helpful. Then we did the installation ourselves and it was good. The representatives have all been good too. Every time we've had a question, we could actually get it handled. We could call them and they helped us walk through it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My other home security system was outdated and I looked into getting one. Frontpoint was the first one I called and the rep gave me the information on what to expect. The installation was good. Everything was wireless and all went through my home’s WiFi. I mounted everything up as required. I anchored the motion sensor to the wall. I had one upstairs and another one downstairs. I have the same number on the smoke detectors. The battery seems to be good and I haven’t had any issues on the features and its quality. Everything is remote and anything that I can use wireless through an app on my phone, I am more in tune to use it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I saw Frontpoint had high ratings on Google and interacting with their representatives has always been pleasant except with one agent. I reported that and it was handled. It has always been good and secure when I have to call in. I ask the same thing every time and they answer me. Installing the system was not that hard. I did it and it was straightforward. However, the recessed door sensors are way too big compared to the ones that you stick on the exterior of the door. Nobody’s gonna want to drill a hole that big on their door for something like that.

The features of the system are pretty good but the doorbell camera, the app connecting with the video, is not always that good. Sometimes it errors out and it will say, “Troubleshoot the problem on the phone.” I also find that from the time somebody rings the doorbell to when you get notified on your phone, the length is too long. By the time I find somebody rang the doorbell, the person’s already gone because it’s been 10 to 15 seconds from when they rang the doorbell. Sometimes, it’s 30 seconds. It needs to be shorter.

Also, the camera on the touchscreen panel should be able to be viewed from the smartphone like a regular camera. Frontpoint is saying that the camera on the panel is only triggering when an alarm goes off, which is stupid because I have that panel facing one side of the door. I put it there for security reasons, so the camera can face the front door. But then it’s useless because the camera doesn’t do anything until it's triggered.

The cost is good. On the doorbell camera, for the price, the quality is not as good as some older models. It’s not 2723 high definition. It's not even 1080. Frontpoint needs an upgrade. The main reason I got Frontpoint is because of the doorbell. I wanted to get a doorbell camera and I saw that they offered it with a home security system, so I jumped on that opportunity. But at the time I signed up, I had to wait four months before I could get the doorbell camera because it was continually out of stock. One day, I finally got a phone call saying it was back in stock. I was thinking it was gonna be a new one rather than the old SkyBell Trim model but I signed up. I ordered and got it and it's the same old model, while other companies are offering newer ones.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I had ADT in the past but it was easy to break into. I agree with what people said that anything can be broken into, but I feel more secure with Frontpoint. It was rated one of the best. The reps have been very good and very useful to me especially when I couldn't get everything to work. They very painstakingly waited and helped me through each one. However, one of the channels on the board didn't work for one and it didn't work for another, so that channel is still out. Also, we have five birds and they can make the same sound and set the system off. I had to send the system back but Frontpoint figured it out. I have several lines of security and Frontpoint is one of them. The cost is fair, the smartphone features are easy to use and the overall functionality of the Frontpoint system is excellent.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

The home we moved into had a different security company and we were just going to keep it up. But we found a better deal with Frontpoint and went with them instead. The system was easy to set up. In fact, I got another system at my daughter’s house, and setting it up went really smoothly as well. The price also seems to be fair although my son got a system as well and he’s got a little better rate than I do. We had some issues there with trying to figure out why he was getting a better deal. Frontpoint did drop my price a little bit but I think my son still got a little better deal than I do. I even shopped around but I couldn’t find anybody that could beat what they offered, with all the features that they include with their package.

Frontpoint seems to monitor it very closely and they always call in when there’s a problem. So we’ve really been pleased with their system. It just seemed liked everything we needed and it worked out real good. We also feel real comfortable with what we’ve got. We're able to monitor it when we’re not there and we're alerted if something happens when we’re not there. We’ve also been real pleased with the app where we can monitor with the phone and check the history of any issues. It’s pretty user-friendly too. I’m not the most tech-savvy person by a long shot and I can navigate through it pretty well. And although we had an issue with the sensor once, they replaced it and that aside, everything’s been fine. It’s been a good system and I've recommended them to several folks.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Frontpoint had a lot of customer ratings and they were highly rated. When I was trying to install the garage monitor system, the guy who was with me was very helpful. It was on the phone, but still as hands-on as he could be. He was a very good representative to work with. It turned out that I just needed a new garage door opener. We couldn't get it to connect because the garage door opener that was installed in the house was dated.

I was also trying to get a wireless thermostat installed in my house. And the one that I've purchased, I thought could be easy to DIY. But it requires a little bit of extra tweaking. I haven't had the time to go ahead and do the research on it. And I don't know if they have tech support guys that can come to the house and do installs. But everything, for the most part in the installation, was pretty simple. My house is designed for a Frontpoint system, so it was all right. Everything works all right with the features and everything is pretty user-friendly as well. I also appreciate the fact that I don't have to have an extra phone line that I won't use. So, that helps out a lot and that saves money in that aspect. I'd recommend Frontpoint.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I've had very good interactions with the Frontpoint team. The young boy I talked to was excellent and he explained all the products they had and the options. We got right to the point and got what we wanted. Frontpoint's security system is wireless, easy to install, and very simple to operate. I got enough units to put in every office that has a window or door, and stuck it out on the corner. It’s only adhesive.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

We wanted a home security system, did a little shopping around and decided on Frontpoint. It had lots of options that other folks had too but we liked the flexibility of it. We could adapt it as we needed to, and add and subtract. We've also been pleased with the customer support we've gotten since we had them. We can always call, they'll be glad to answer questions or walk us through things. They talked us through the installation, and it went easily. They were also patient with trying to figure out if we have any issues. We had some problems with the hardware. It may have had something to do with the WiFi and the network connectivity here in the house but we tried to resolve those things. Whenever I call them, I get someone to speak to me quickly, and they are very helpful and friendly. know that if I call, things will get resolved quickly.

We were pleased as well with how the equipment was performing. We got some cameras, motion sensor devices and things on all the doors and windows. We also have an app on our phones where we can see through the cameras, look at incidents and see what doors and windows have been opened. I find it all very easy to use and considering its quality, it was well worth the money. Our sense of security is much improved since we had it. There's a lot of us living here in the house, so we wanted to make sure we were safe and our Frontpoint system has helped us do that.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I wish I didn’t purchase the Frontpoint security system because I had realized that somebody could just come in and unplug the power cord, and then it would no longer work. Burglars usually specialize in getting around that type of stuff too. If you have a Frontpoint sign on your lawn and somebody’s familiar with that type of system and how it works, then it won’t take much. They’re in there and nobody’s gonna get a call. So it’s a waste of money. $40 is coming out of my account and it’s absolutely useless.

Initially, I thought it would be useful because it supposedly works when the power is out. You only need internet. I also like the fact that they have the app. The little display is cute. The representatives did a great job too, except they didn’t explain that the system is easy to get around. But I liked the presentation as far as the easy install, and the system was actually easy to install. The installation experience was good. Sometimes, people get a little confused though. But if you don’t understand the simple instructions on the box, you can always call and ask them for instructions. They give great tech support. On the other hand, if you have an older house and your paint is chipping, those little stickies can be a little cumbersome because they can come off in the middle of the night. That has happened and it scared the life out of me. I thought I had an intruder. It needs a screw to secure it better.

Frontpoint is a good business but I wish they had a more lenient cancellation process. I have a three-year contract and I still owe about $1,000 on the contract. If I want to cancel it, I would have to pay it. I would tell anybody not to sign up for a three-year contract. I regret that part and I wish I can get out of the contract in a cheaper way.

Frontpoint response

We appreciate you sharing this feedback with us. It is important to us that you feel safe with your system so we are going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to address your concerns and make sure you are fully taken care of. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Frontpoint's system is an easy set up and very easy to use. The Frontpoint reps are okay and while they didn’t assign one to me specifically, they’re always picking up when I call. They can get me what I need. The features of the system are not bad and the system itself is more or less what I pay.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Frontpoint's services are a bit cheaper than those from my previous security system provider. Also, their reps have always been helpful with any questions I've had with the new system. The instructions they provided for installation were very clear. However, there was one time when I had a question about silencing some of the things that were local, like the door chimes. I wanted those silenced and they were helpful in showing me what to do. Additionally, Frontpoint gave me a trial during which I could activate or dismiss my alarm system from my cell phone for a few more dollars a month. I would rather like to see that feature be made part of the package I got. Still, it's been a good experience getting Frontpoint. I work the night shift so I feel pretty good that my wife is protected.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

We just moved offices and we needed a trusted and available security system that was easy to set up and didn’t require a bunch of wiring. Frontpoint has a better technology stack and they're not as old school. Dealing with their rep has been okay, except for this one issue about permits. When we had the system installed, they let us know that we needed like a burglar permit from the city. But we also had these panic buttons activated, and they didn’t tell us that it was a separate permit. Then somebody accidentally tripped off the panic button, and then the cops arrived thinking it was like a stick-up situation for a bank. So, we got dinged by not having the right permit for our alarm system.

Frontpoint is a little bit more expensive than their competition and the monthly service is a little bit high, and then some of the components feel cheap. A lot of the system is based on like adhesives. But a permanent mounting solution would have been nice, instead of it being like totally adhesive-based. There is an option for some screw stuff for more permanent mounting. But on the glass break sensor, I had to drill through the plastic housing instead of having pre-drilled screw holes available for me. Other than that, the system itself is pretty adequate.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I was looking on a website and Frontpoint came as the number one system in my area. I checked one other company but by the time they gave the pricing, it was a lot more than what they were saying on the website. Also, I wanted something that was wire-based and wanted something to see something that I can access through my phone so I went with Frontpoint. The cost is pretty fair. Then, my son did the installation and he ran into a slight problem but he got it installed on the same day. And when I called for the extra equipment, I was the one who installed that. I ran into a slight problem as well but the customer service representative over the phone was able to walk me straight through, and I'm not tech savvy.

I've had no problems in activating my system and turning it off by my phone or manually inputting my code in. I feel more at ease with the system because I can turn it on and off whether I'm home or not, through my smartphone. And being a single mom, it gave me more security. I am sometimes by myself and I can set it and have the assurance that my floors are secure when I’m on the top floor or bottom. I can hear someone entering my house. I will recommend Frontpoint because it’s not displayed like a few other systems. You can put it discreetly that no one will even know that you have a system.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I called ADT a couple of times and they didn't really get back to me so fast. But Frontpoint acted really fast and they offered a very good price at the very first call. Also, I checked the ranking and saw Frontpoint comes first. The reps were very nice when I called and informed me about their product. I like them. Then, I did the installation by myself and it was easy for me. The instructions were very clear. But there are some improvements they can go. I have cameras but I can't use my Fire TV or some other devices to watch the live video. With my Nest, it’s all there and I can just say, ”I can’t see the front door,” and then I can see it. But with Frontpoint, it seems like I can't really do that.

Also, the smoke sensor is kinda big and we used the tape attached to it but it seems it cannot really steady. It fell off very often. Now, I just put it on the kitchen counter, which is not a good idea. And I use the smartphone features to disarm but that part is not so easy to use. I have to give a pin and sometimes Alexa or Google can't really understand my number. Other than that, all the product I purchased are very good in terms of quality and the cost is okay. I didn't get anything free but the Smart Lock I got is way cheaper than the ones on the market. I got it for a very low price and I'm going to get more of those.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I like the price point that Frontpoint had for the type of system that I was looking for. They also had live monitoring, where they would call me if something happens or inform us about it. I worked with a guy named Dane and he was great. He didn't pressure me into anything and just walked me through. They wanted credit card down and I couldn't supply that at the time because everything got stolen when my house was broken into, but they were able to work with me with that. When I got my card, they worked with me very well with that as well.

I did the installation of the equipment myself and it was super easy to do. I used an app and it walked me through where to place the monitors. I had an issue at one point and I just called Frontpoint and the technical support rep walked me through it. I got everything up and running. I got a standard package and love everything about my system. The cost of the system was amazing. It was the lowest price for the same features that a lot of other stuff came with. Their customer service is worth every penny right there. My sense of security is amazing now that I have Frontpoint. I can sleep with my windows open and everything is great.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

My experience with Frontpoint's representative was nice and easy. Everything was done online then somebody reached out to me and answered all the questions. The self-installation was super easy and compared to my old system, Frontpoint is better. In fact, my old one was not functioning anymore and that was why I purchased a new system. The Frontpoint system does almost everything I want but some more flexible arming options would be good. At night, we arm with motion in the basement and you can get there by going in a backwards way of setting the system to "away" and not to sound an exit alarm. But overall, the system has been good.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Frontpoint provides better service compared to my previous security system company. Plus, their equipment was easy to install. Since getting them, customer service has been very good. When I had a little issue, they responded and fixed the problem right away. However, I hope they bring more technology in the future. They give me 1,000 clips a month for the video recorder for my three cameras that are recording anything happening in the car paths. The camera records for 30 seconds but then they only give 1,000. Still, the cost of their system is excellent and everything is working perfectly. I recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We have a summer home and we’re not always there, so I wanted to have a little extra security. I have ADT at my business but I went with Frontpoint because my brother recommended them. We got their minimum package and it's perfect for what I need it for. It does exactly what I want it to do. My son-in-law set up the system in half an hour and it was very easy. Using it is easy too. I would like to be able to have a remote video access though. I was planning on buying the cameras to do it, but we don’t have internet set up with our house. That aside, every experience I had with their customer service was terrific. They were excellent. It has been a terrific service.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We built a new house and we decided to get a home security system. We had ADT for many years in the past but we were looking for something a little bit more economical, and more of a focus on what we needed rather than a lot of stuff that we were paying for but not getting at all used at. We liked Frontpoint's cost and its flexibility in terms of tailoring it to what we need as well as not having a long term commitment. I shopped around a bit and Frontpoint is not the cheapest or the most expensive out there, but I feel I’m getting good value for what I’m paying.

I had Frontpoint's sales team in the beginning when we signed up and then their customer service which is getting everything set up in the first place. They were polite and our interaction was smooth. Our biggest experience was on the sales side. We thought that certain units such as glass break sensors would work good for my home and its layout. But then once they got implemented, and I found out a little bit more about my home and educated them on it, it became clear that for the type of windows that I had, the glass break sensors weren’t the way to go and that individual sensors were. Frontpoint swapped them out very easily. It even brought my monthly rate down. The worst thing that I had to deal with was the fact that I had stuck the sensors to my wall and I had to peel them off, but Frontpoint has been very easy to work with.

The installation of the system was difficult for me at first because I was trying to figure it out on my own and I have not ever done anything like that before. But once I called them on the phone and they answered some of my questions, everything made sense to me and I was able to get everything installed in a matter of minutes. We have the basic coverage that is what we need right now until we get more settled in the home. My wife is very interested in having cameras and other things, but we just needed to spend time living in the home to see what we would use best or what we would need, given the community and given how we use our home. So, it’s been good just to have basic sense of security in the meantime.

Our Frontpoint equipment works. It turns on, it recognizes when something’s open or something’s closed, and that’s really all I needed it to do. I really like the app. It is very user-friendly. I was not happy with the ADT app. So, getting away from that was something that I was eager to do. You have to try Frontpoint out if you don’t mind doing set-ups and you don’t need everything done for you, and if you just want something that works for the right price.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I’ve read a lot of reviews, and Frontpoint really had great reviews about their customer service. I didn’t feel like spending money to really get a big installation, and their equipment is easy to set up and install. Everybody from Frontpoint has been fantastic. They communicate very well. They’re very helpful when I need anything or I had questions about equipment. They also helped us set up with the wireless stuff when I called them. They were great about getting everything set up, and tested, and working for me with no issues at all. I’ve recently purchased a bunch more equipment to install around my house, so they’ve just been really great customer service.

I’ve been on the old type system with the bigger keypad, and they upgraded me to the wireless that also works through the modem. With that, I don’t have the control to set my door chimes. If I want them on or off, I have to call them. They have to turn them on or off for me right now. I’d like to see the app get updated where I can turn off door chimes myself. So I’d like the app to be a little more interactive where I can make the system do or not do. But so far, so good. I know a lot of places offer free equipment, but I like the idea that if I ever move, I’ll take the equipment with me. I would recommend Frontpoint.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I live in a really small town and there had been four break-ins within 15 miles from my residence. There were also rapes being reported. So I wanted a home security system for my family. Frontpoint offers some of the features at the price point that others don't. The biggest thing that sold me was the ability to continue security with a power outage or if an intruder does break in, they can’t smash your monitor and continue doing whatever they wanna do. In addition, the fact that it works off of a cell phone tower to signal instead of other means that other companies use, I thought it was better.

I have been with Frontpoint for 10 months now and so far, it's been great. The installation process was super easy. I just called them for the small issues I had and they walked me through it. They got everything going. I would like to expand my security system, but some of the accessories like the carbon monoxide monitor are expensive. They're phenomenal, but if I wanted to get their entire system, it’ll probably cost me 1000 bucks. The price point on some of the products is a little high.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I was interested in a security system, and I did some research online then went with Frontpoint. The self-installation of the system was really simple and easy to do. There were sufficient instructions provided. The system has features that are perfect for what I need and whenever I need it to, it does what I expect it to do. Also, whenever I have called in, everything went really well with their reps. I was always really happy with what happened.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I read somewhere that Frontpoint was rated one of the better home security system companies. I also liked their cost and it seemed very easy to get the options that I wanted with them. So, I signed up. When I called them for the initial purchase and for an issue with a sensor, the reps I talked to handled my situation as best as they could. But the instructions for the installation of the door and window sensors could’ve been clearer. The set up took a little longer than I expected and that could’ve been for the directions not being clear on the door and window sensors. They would tell you to put the sensor on the door while it’s shut, but when I did that, it would register the door as open and it was very confusing.

Other than that, everything seems to be working fine so far, and having the Frontpoint system has affected my wife's sense of security. But my garage door sensor doesn’t register every time the door is opened and closed, though I haven’t had a chance to call Frontpoint about it yet. Also, I haven’t tested the window sensors as the windows haven’t been opened since I installed them. But the door sensors work fine. I also use the smartphone app to make sure everything is locked up. Most of the time, I leave the house then I arm the system with my cellphone through the app and I don’t use the keypad to do so. Eventually, I'd like to upgrade everything to the touch screen touch pad. I would also like to get the automatic door locks and the garage door openers where I can open it from my cellphone. That way, if it’s left open and I see that the sensor says so, I can still close it from wherever I’m at.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I had wanted a home security system while my husband was still alive, but after he passed away I decided to get one. The Frontpoint system matched with the cellular system and I also like that it was something that I could do and I didn't have to have strangers come in and install it. My grandson and I worked together and it took a while to figure out the installation, but it got better once we did.

The quality of the equipment seems fair for the price. It's small, plastic and has an adhesive, so I'm hoping it holds up over time. It came with a limited number of sensors and I put them on the primary spots, but I would like more to do some secondary spots. But when the system is on and somebody opens the door, the alarm goes off loudly and it calls the police. Overall, I like the Frontpoint system.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I’ve been pleased with Frontpoint. I got online and checked on different people with other products, and I checked how up to date, how sophisticated, and how compact Frontpoint's system was. The system I had before was very archaic. I had a control box in the attic and that was bad. Frontpoint's system is a lot more up to date with what it needed to be by today’s terms as far as looking at benefits. It came highly recommended by an online site that was comparing all of the different systems. I'm fairly pleased with it even though there’s one who complained about the switch and everything on it. I still use it. At night time, I just lock it down really tight and anybody who comes in the front door is a dead man, as far as I’m concerned.

The first Frontpoint rep I talked about the situation didn't understand what I was trying to say. I presented myself well enough as far as problems. He was more concerned about the spacing of the switches. I got a couple doors that require a little bit more than the switch will reach and will do anything more than three quarter of inch. And I understood that but he did not listen very well. But the second Individual I talked to listened a little bit better, and I gave him a little bit better description of what was going on.

The installation was a lot more involved because each of the sensors was screwed in. The switches that are a lot smaller provided a little bit easier installation. The old system I had had a lot more components to deal with. Our Frontpoint system is a lot more compact compared with the old system. So, there were lesser sensors to put up for fire detection and smoke detection. I wish they would have a little bit more instructions on how to install the chime, when you’re going in and out the door. Other than that, the system's simple to operate. The cost seems to be competent. And anytime I call somebody, they’re very good on the phone. For the average consumer, Frontpoint is top from the field.

Frontpoint expert review by Erin Raub

Choose from 3 wireless security system packages for $34.99-$49.99 a month. Systems are self-installed and include 24/7 monitoring, crash and smash technology along with fire and medical protection. Contracts range from 1-3 years.

• Installation: All Frontpoint equipment is designed to be installed by the consumer, so the company doesn’t employ any installation technicians. This saves consumers a significant amount of money when getting a new system.

• Mobile access: Frontpoint's mobile apps let you access your security system, review information and control your home from anywhere you have an Internet connection via computer or smartphone.

• Cellular monitoring: The Frontpoint Control Panel communicates with the Monitoring Center via cell phone, so it's not dependent on a phone line. Even if your home phone line is cut or the system is smashed, your alarm will send out a cell alert to Frontpoint Monitoring.

• Portable: Frontpoint's 100 percent wireless sensors are easy to set up and require no hard wiring, so a Frontpoint security system can be easily moved to a new address.

• Equipment cost: With Frontpoint, you purchase your equipment outright. While your upfront cost could be a few hundred dollars once you add extra sensors, remotes and other accessories, purchasing your equipment can actually save you money in the long run. Frontpoint equipment has a three-year warranty.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Frontpoint Company Information