4.22/5
Based on 1,222 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a home alarm?

Frontpoint

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

View More View More

Need a home alarm?

7675 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I did some research and I looked at all the other options. Frontpoint provides a lot more equipment upfront at a much lower cost. The start-up cost is minimal and the monthly payments are pretty equitable across the board. Their technology is very good too. They made a convincing point that their system cannot be deactivated versus the competition. If you're paying this kind of money, you want a system that is fool-proof, that cannot be deactivated even if power goes out or if it is tampered with.

Frontpoint's sales team is very involved, and if and when you get their support service people on the phone, they're extremely helpful. The difficult part is that the customer service they provide in terms of hours of service is somewhat limited, and it's somewhat difficult to get someone on the line. They should really consider providing 24/7 technical support, but instead it's cut off after 10 PM or 11 PM Eastern, which is less than ideal. That's the only drawback and something that I would improve.

The installation went okay, but there should be more work involved on behalf of Frontpoint to better understand the constraints of a home and provide the right type or set of equipment the first time and get it right the first time. For example, I have the main house and then there's an in-law suite that’s about 10 feet away from the house, but it's under the lanai. A lanai or protected patio is like a framed netting that goes around the outdoor part of the house, and there's a distance from that suite that I'm trying to protect to the main panel. I explained that in the beginning but still, what they sent me was not the right type of sensor. I tried that sensor to see if it would work and when it didn’t, I had to send it back and I got charged for it, and then I had to wait for the refund. That was really annoying. Getting the right sensor took a number of trials and it became a hassle.

They should also have the ability or the option to say that if it doesn't work the first time, maybe they should try to cure it with some troubleshooting. They should probably say that they will send the technician, which is similar to what other service providers do. The features offered in the system are great but Frontpoint needs to work on making sure that what you can do on the website, can also be done on the app. Although as a whole, the app is fine, it needs to be empowered a bit more. The video limit on the camera and the doorbell is a pain. If you set it to a bit too sensitive, they could set off very quickly. Then you're gonna get the notices that you're at a max video capacity and you have to go back and delete all these videos. Maybe Frontpoint could do something to either increase video capacity or change the technology.

We have set off the alarm a couple of times and I knew about it because I receive the phone call. The only issue we have is that using the app, it wouldn't communicate with the system, like I wouldn't arm. That was a strange issue and it happened for a bit of time. They sent me another chip or another card to put into the panel, but the issue just went away in itself although I don't think I changed anything. There are minor hiccups that one can live with and Frontpoint still has got some work to do, but they're definitely a good provider.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We had a fire at our business and we had the whole thing on video. We saw how quickly the place was filled with smoke and I've got kids on different levels at home, so I thought that by the time our smoke detectors went off, I wouldn't have time to get them out of the house because I was at the bottom and they're on top. So I was researching and I purchased a different security system. Then Frontpoint's guy called me back and after I got done talking with him, I boxed it all to send it back and purchased the Frontpoint system.

I like the monitoring that Frontpoint does for 24 hours and the monthly fee is fair for what they are doing. I also like the effectiveness of their system and how quickly they call or send someone when something happens. We live out in the country and we've had our house burglarized before. I'm there a lot with the kids while my husband is traveling with the military, so the system helps me to feel a lot more secure as well. I put the equipment up by myself and that was me alone in the house with two four year olds and a 10-year-old. Aside from that, Frontpoint's reps were great and wonderful. Every one I talked to has been very informative and very helpful.

When I finally talked to my mom into putting the system here at our business about a year after our fire, she allowed me to do so. But when I was trying to put the two systems together on my phone where I could use them both, I was having trouble. I called in and the guy I talked to was very patient with somebody who doesn’t know anything about that kind of stuff. I'm not technical but he talked me through it completely without any trouble whatsoever. Now I'm able to go to my cell phone and turn the alarm off here if I need to.

I love that it sends a reminder if I haven't set the alarm at home because when you're running out the door, you don’t always remember. But one thing the first sales guy said to me that has stuck in my mind is it doesn’t matter what kind of security system you have, but if you don’t set it, it's no good to anybody. And that has always rang in my head because I'd leave the house with a bunch of kids running crazy and I do forget to set it.

One time, we were robbed while my son was in the house. I had my phone set at that time where it would ding every time my door would open at home but when he left the house, my phone didn’t ding. So when it did, I just assumed it was him going back to the house. It turned out that somebody had come in the house. So the next day, I knew my son wasn’t there and I just set the alarm when I left. The guy didn’t know we had a security system because it didn’t go off the day before, so he came back for more that day. But we caught him and the police said they wanted to know who I was using for my security because when I told them how many minutes had passed, they said it was the quickest and most efficient one they had ever gotten. So that was really exciting.

We also had an alarm go off in the middle of the night and my husband happened to be home that weekend. I had the smoke and the heat detector and Frontpoint called. I told them we haven't seen anything and they said we needed to look. So we spent an hour and a half sniffing and looking, and we saw smoke. I spent so much time to find out where this was coming from and I almost got frustrated because I didn’t know where it was. In the end, it was coming from the kitchen where there was the ballast in the light fixture. But that detector is so sensitive that it picked it up that much to where we didn’t even see where the smoke was coming from. When the fire marshal was here, he said that smoke detectors don’t go off in your home until it's too late for you to do anything, even to get yourself or your children out. And my smoke detectors never went off at my house, just my sensors.

Here at my work, we had somebody film an immediate video upstairs and they were using a smoke machine. But after about three hours, it never set off the smoke detector. So I didn’t disarm it through Frontpoint. But eventually, the smoke set the alarm off and I didn’t know if it was the heat because it has a heat sensor. But by the time I walked down the stairs from upstairs to go out the front door to try to call and cancel it, the fire department was at my front door. That was around 40 seconds and it was great. Overall, I love everything about Frontpoint and I tell everybody about them. I've even gotten several people to sign up. I told them a little bit about everything that has happened to me and how much the system saved me.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I was gonna get a new home and I was using Frontpoint to be able to secure the building during the time we were doing construction and then have something to offer the individual who would be renting the premises afterwards. I chose Frontpoint after doing research. It seemed as though I would be able to place all of the components and activate the system with the support that was available without having to schedule any installation. I received the box that contained all of the components, went through the house, installed the components and using my cellphone, was able to ensure that the components were communicating with the hub. Then I made a phone call to Frontpoint to have them activate and verify that the system was functioning properly. For the most part, the installation was fairly straightforward.

The instructions were fairly simple and the videos were really valuable. Essentially, once you've watched the video, you would have an idea of what you need to do. It was a cookbook type of going from A to B, C, D, and then let the system come online. However, there are some sensors that would require a little bit more finesse than others, depending on the type of door you have. I had to drill one into the door because the door was inset and it would not allow for any kind of adhesive attachment. But I’m a woodworker and there was no problem with that. I’ve also had a number of communications with Frontpoint and those have always been very positive and helpful.

The features are fairly good for the value that you get for the package. One of the concerns that I had initially when I purchased the package was about the touchscreen display that was being offered at the time. This touchscreen display was really what I was looking for and it sold me on the Frontpoint system because it worked pretty much like an iPad. Unfortunately, with some of the construction we had there, the pad failed to communicate with the sensors at one point and went completely dead.

When I spoke to Frontpoint, they did an evaluation but they said there was nothing that they could do. Unfortunately, they didn’t make that touchscreen display anymore. They were having some problems with it based on the battery that was being installed and some of them would overheat and melt. I was a little bit dismayed when they told me that I would have to set it back in and then get a non-touchscreen hub that would be utilized with a keypad.

So what I did was I told them I would communicate with them later. I unplugged the unit and it completely drained for 24 hours. I re-plugged with an electrical spike arrester with a filter and as soon as I did that, it worked flawlessly. It hasn’t come back up with some other problems with me ever since either. So that was a bit of a diagnostic snafu. With the construction that was being done in the home, we may have had some kind of electrical charge which created a little burn that messed with it at first.

I don’t know how Frontpoint would have known any better from a diagnostic standpoint. However, if I had gone to the non-touchscreen hub, they would have created a little bit of an issue with me because that’s not exactly the system that I wanted. If they had swapped it with a keypad and altered the subscription, I'd probably not do it. That’s how strongly I feel about the touchscreen display. On the other hand, I think that the system is hardening sufficiently to different types of electromagnetic interference that can be utilized from fusion. In other words, there is some kind of electric field on all of the other systems that you can pull into not sending an alarm. You basically send a carrier signal that tells the system that it didn’t activate and you open the door.

I also like the security of knowing that with Frontpoint, you can be in bed and if you don't remember if you locked the front door, you can pick up your cellphone and do it. That’s a little bit more secure. If you have work and you have a kid coming home, you also get a signal that the door was opened and closed. You can even see if somebody kept the window open in the basement. So the system is really well-functioning. It’s ergonomically superior than other systems I’ve seen. It’s intuitive and also expandable. I also like the idea that if any of the sensors go bad, Frontpoint would replace them.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

There was a time when I decided to use a different security system provider. I live out in the country, so whether I have one person or another, nobody’s gonna be local. Instead, there’s a call center that’s gonna call somebody. I tried Frontpoint and I've had great interactions with their reps thus far. Every time I leave my garage, somebody calls me because I forget to turn the alarm off. It is a natural instinct to start the garage open before I get there and I forget that I gotta turn the alarm off first. Even so, Frontpoint's system has a web app and that makes it easier. I do it all through my phone, so I can disarm it quickly and it works out well.

The installation of my system was simple. It was just peeling and sticking and then linking the equipment with the central panel. However, the motion sensor took a little time to connect or to activate. It was also a matter of putting it somewhere where it would pick up what I’m wanting to pick up. I also wasn’t ready to mount the sensor to my wall yet and put holes in the wall because it’s a new house, so I had to find a spot that I could put it until I decide for a permanent location.

The equipment has been fine. The very high reviews for Frontpoint led me to them and I’m willing to try anything for a time period. If it wasn’t for the high ratings, I wouldn’t even give them a try -- having a three-year commitment and charging as much as they do. I’ve had ADT for years at multiple cities and I’ve never paid more than $32 a month. I am paying $45 for Frontpoint and if I decide to get the doorbell camera, which I would like to, then it’s gonna go to $50. That’s a huge increase compared to $32 that I’ve been paying since back in the mid-2000s timeframe.

There was confusion when I first started off with Frontpoint with the glass breakage. We were trying to decide whether I was gonna have a motion sensor or not. I ended up getting a motion sensor eventually, but it was just miscommunication being the person was on the phone. The way they described the motion sensor was every time I will arm it, the motion sensor will be on. I asked what would happen if I get up in the middle of the night and get some water, and they said that I needed to get the glass breakage. I got it, but, later on, I figured out that it was just like any other system. It won’t set off when you set it. The motion sensor is not turned on when you arm it. I had to add the sensor later as opposed to getting it right up front.

While the equipment cost is very reasonable, the back end monthly cost is expensive. I wish Frontpoint would be a little cheaper considering that one of their toughest competitors, SimpliSafe, only charge $15 per monitoring fee. There is a huge difference between $15 and $45 and $45 is a lot for a monitoring fee compared to others. There are others out there that are gonna be competitive as far as same features and a lot of the same things. They are locking somebody in for three years and the fact that they are charging that much, if they are not careful, they are missing out on a lot of business by being as expensive as they are. If someone decides to start rating Frontpoint lower for whatever reason, they will lose lots of business because of the price.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Purchasing a home security system started making sense given the way things are going in this country. It's a good idea to make sure that your home is guarded. The sales member at Frontpoint was very helpful. He was able to walk me through all the different types of features that are available and was able to give me pros and cons of simpler and more sophisticated solutions. That helped to right-size what we needed based upon our experience.

Installing the system was straightforward. I set it up in about half an hour. The biggest challenge though is trying to figure out where to put some of the different sensors and devices because you need to start testing them, like whether it sees me or it sees the dog and things that you wouldn't think of if somebody else would come in and set it up. While setting it up mechanically was not a problem, getting things going was a little more of a chore because they don’t issue a burglar alarm permit in my town. They want you to send in a form and they’ll take it but they don’t give you a number. The rep at Frontpoint said that I need to get a registration number form but I said they don't give one. So they ended up going back to the police station two times. That’s always very awkward because the man behind the glass wall doesn’t really wanna talk.

Eventually, they looked it up and said that while they don't have a registration number, they put all these registrations in based upon my phone number. So basically, the number I need to give them is my phone number at home. I got to deal with the fire department too and that was another story because when I went to the fire department, they don’t have a door open for you and once again they don’t give a number. They just take the form from you so that’s a bit wonky.

In addition to that, I got a credit card issue at one point where they said that my credit card is not working. I insisted that I used it that day. So I ended up calling somebody at Frontpoint and he said that the card is working okay but when they registered me, there was something that had to be paid that wasn't paid at that time. Although he was able to fix it in the system, for the past two weeks now I've been getting some warning emails telling me that my credit card that is on file is about to expire. It's a little bit of a wonky because what they were suggesting was to give them two credit cards so that they would always have a card that they could charge me on. I told them that my card is not going to expire. It's just gonna be renewed with the same number.

I didn’t get all the bells and whistles but the general features of the Frontpoint system are rich. I just wanted the fire alarm so that if something breaks out, at least we would be aware rather than just relying upon neighbors hearing a thing. From where we are, I don’t think they would hear it. We're kind of in the woods so being able to activate something to come out before the whole thing burns down would probably be helpful. The only issue I had was in my garage. When I talked to the sales guy originally, he suggested doing the sound sensor system in case somebody tries to get in the house by breaking the window in the garage. But then reading the material a little bit further, they suggested not putting that in the garage because the sounds you get from a garage opener can also emulate glass breaking.

Generally, the Frontpoint system is good but when I started doing some research after I got the unit, I realized that the central station is subject to a smash kind of situation where burglars know that they’ve got a minute to get to your house, find your central station and throw it in the toilet and short-circuit the whole thing before it dials out and calls for help. So in learning about that, I realized that it would be better off putting it into my hallway closet and putting a lock on the closet. Since I'm within line of sight of a cell tower, which is always active, I know that if somebody gets in there, that thing gets triggered within a minute. It's gonna be dialing out.

In closing, it's good to know that there exists a technology like Frontpoint's because in the old days, burglars only have to cut the phone line and they're done. If we go traveling, it's good to know that the system is guarding the house and if something happens we'll get notified and I can have somebody go over and take a look. Frontpoint is a good company to go with because there are knowledgeable people who would help figure out what you need.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: July 13, 2019

I contacted Frontpoint as I was looking forward to switch my old Simplisafe system. After a lengthy conversation with a sales rep, I customized a system to protect my house as we also have an Airbnb in the basement. 3 smokes detectors, 3 flood sensors, 2 CO sensors, a tilt sensor for my garage door but I couldn't find any door sensors in the box (I had asked for 3 door sensors when making my original order). I called them (we are Saturday) and after about 20 minutes on wait I finally was able to talk to Rickie who explain that I should have read my contract that didn't have any door sensors listed. I explain that I had asked for 3 and that it wouldn't make sense to get an alarm system without door sensors.

I told him that I would have never agreed to the price without the equipment I requested when building my system over the phone with the sales rep. Once again he clarified that it was my fault for not checking out the contract. The 3 doors sensors ended up costing me an additional $116 and of course no sales rep to talk to as they are only there mon-fri business hours. This company are scam artists. When I asked if I would get a confirmation of my order for the $116 extra I was getting charged Rickie explained that they do not send confirmation. I had to explain to him that after being scammed once I wanted now to see and read everything I do with them and that he would need to type an email if he had to to confirm the charge and the order. Save yourself the disappointment and skip this shady company.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I have been with Frontpoint for 4 years now. About a month ago, one of my sensors became faulty, and Frontpoint informed me that I would need to pay to replace it. Totally acceptable. So, I started shopping around, and found another cheaper option. I called Frontpoint yesterday to cancel. First agent said that I could postpone the decision without charge. However, the email he sent was for a 36 month extension to contract. I called back, and asked for a cancelation. The agent informed me that he would send an email within 10 minutes that requested email confirmation from me to cancel. Here we are on the weekend, and still no cancelation notice. Each call to PF is a 30 minute wait. Surprising that PF cannot take instruction to follow thru.

Our Pick
      ConsumerAffairs RecommendedProtect America
      Original review: June 18, 2019

FrontPoint called the fire department after my smoke detector went off during a lawn party when a child left a window open while I was was grilling. FrontPoint called but, of course, I did not hear the phone because of the party noise. Embarrassment all around when the fire truck showed up. Called FrontPoint to ensure this experience not repeated but could not reach a real person.

Original review: June 12, 2019

The system works most of the time just fine. I had a few issues with faulty sensors. But this week I replaced a door and needed a new sensor. I was told by the first rep that I shouldn't be charged for a new sensor as a loyalty reward, but I needed to call back during regular business hours. I called today and can get a "free" sensor provided I sign a new contract. This is after paying them roughly $45 a month for past few years plus the other initial equipment costs. I'm now shopping for another alarm company.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I installed Frontpoint in a house in Norman, OK in 2011. They seemed to be ok on the monitoring, but, the only alarms I had were when someone in the family opened a door after the alarm was set. I went through a divorce, I continued to pay for the alarm at my ex-wife and kids' house after the divorce. I moved into an apartment and installed Frontpoint; I lived there 18 months. When I moved out of the apartment, I called Frontpoint and told them I didn't have a place to install the system and I needed to put the service in suspension. The representative said, 'Okay, I put it in suspense.' I continued to get the regular monthly bill charged against my credit card. I thought is was an anomaly.

3 months later I called again and spoke to a representative and told them I had moved and had asked to have the service suspended until I had a place to install it. That representative told me the account was not in suspense, but, it was now. The charges continued to be deducted from my credit card. I called again and asked about the account suspense and was told that the account was not suspended, but, the representative put in in suspense then.... Yes, the charges continued. My credit card expired and I received a new card, exp date and security code, which I did not provide to Frontpoint. The charges continued to be deducted from my account.

I spoke to my card company and they said they could stop the payment. The next charge came out of my checking account, which I never gave Frontpoint; when I asked Frontpoint they told me the bank had given them the checking. I called the bank and they said they don't do that. I have filed a fraud case with the bank. Frontpoint continues to attempt to charge my checking account (unsuccessfully). The bottom line is Frontpoint charged me for a year 'monitoring' (or about $400) when it must have been clear to them that the system was not installed. I have continuous calls from Frontpoint asking me for a new payment method. The last 3 calls I have asked the 'representative' to send me an email stating what the charges are and how I can cancel my account. Each representative told me they would send the email within 5 min. I still have not received any email. FRONTPOINT IS A SCAM!!

Original review: June 7, 2019

Be prepared to wait on hold over 30 min every time you call. Also be prepared to get conflicting information from different people you speak to. Most unhelpful and condescending staff - I was refused a supervisor to speak to once because they were closing but I had been waiting on hold for over 45 min.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Home front has most terrible contract conditions when you sign-up for their service. Secondly they are really bad in their customer service/support. Customer Service: Every time I called, I was put on hold or in wait queue for at least 30 minutes or more. Today was the last straw. After I completed my 3 year contract, when I call in to cancel the service I was on hold for 48 minutes. Also I was sent an e-mail to respond back in writing stating "I want to cancel the service". Also a new condition was introduced that notice has to 30 days prior to the service cancellation date (This was not listed in my original contract). With other services I have cancelled my services over the phone and got a confirmation immediately. The customer service representative I spoke with was also not very helpful.

System Performance: Since I installed the device it was showing low battery on the panel. They also replaced the panel (via mail) and still would show the same error. So I completed my contract period of 3 years with this error shown on my display panel. Also the device tripped twice and placed a false 911 call. Once when I was travelling. I got a notice from the local police warning about the number of false alarms count. So long story short I had terrible experience with Frontpoint. I not recommend Frontpoint as an option. There are far better security service providers available in every state and region.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I bought Frontpoint in September of 2018. In May of 2019 I went out of town for two weeks. Four days later I received a call from them saying the alarm had gone off and asking if I wanted them to call the police. As I had purchased Frontpoint based on their "good reviews" I said yes because I thought if this is a good product and there is an alarm, probably someone broke into my house even though I live in a very safe neighborhood. I didn't hear from them again with an update of the police's call; when I called them they said they never heard from the police either and they just dropped the matter. I had to call my neighbor who assured me everything was ok with my house.

Upon my return from my trip I was greeted by two invoices from the police department one for a lack of permit and another one for the police coming to my house. Each one for $270.00. I called Frontpoint and I immediately noticed that their customer service is very different now from when they sold me the service. They were right away unwilling to help me in any manner except by telling me to remove the sensor and put it in a drawer for 48 hours for testing. I explained the sensor had gone off 4 days after I had turned it on, how were they going to determine it was defective in only 48 hours? they simply said that's what they would do for me and nothing else.

Then they told me they have a "compliance" department and that they had sent me an email with a city permit application when I joined; I never received that email and requested a copy of it, they said they did not have it anymore because they did not "keep emails for years." I asked them how many years do you keep your emails, they did not answer. I would think if they have a compliance department they should have my records there but apparently they throw everything away. The representative also told me they were confident that the equipment they buy from another company was good and reliable. That was definitively a surprise to me, I thought it was their own equipment. So in other words they buy the equipment and then they resell it to their customers under the Frontpoint umbrella.

In short, they were not going to help me at all except if I wanted to do the drawer test. They also revealed there had been a second false alarm three days later and without my authorization they had called the police claiming I did not answer my phone. I always answer my phone so now on top of these two bills I'll probably get another one for another $270.00. Having Frontpoint is going to cost me almost $900 plus the monthly contract fee for equipment that is defective and not reliable.

I hate having my and my home's safety in their hands. When going out of town I will just have to ignore and gamble with the security of my home. If it is real and police checks, they will charge me but at least money will be well spent. If it is a false alarm and police checks, Frontpoint will wash their hands off and I will have to pay the police anyway. That's comforting! I hate Frontpoint and I regret having decided on using them because of internet good reviews. My advice is DO NOT USE FRONTPOINT. Their equipment is not reliable and their customer service is horrible. At first I was impressed by it but it has gone downhill and all they want is to get you into a contract. They don't care about your safety.

Original review: May 25, 2019

System monitoring via the app. Upon installation of my system I was able to go to the app and see all of my sensor points listed and when they had been activated. This feature was deleted sometime later and when I called customer service, was told that this feature could be restored for an additional $10 per month. Very disappointing. Money grab on their part.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have been a Frontpoint customer for more than a half dozen years and find their products and service to be perfect. I have complete peace of mind when we use this system. I have never regretted getting this system.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I signed up with Frontpoint because the great equipment options and personable customer service but over the last 3 months their customer service has seriously gone downhill and the workers appear to be increasingly unresponsive, poorly trained and unable to answer straight forward questions. Worst of all when you pay to have someone monitor your home and keep you safe you expect them to be available by phone, know their product and be able to resolve issues.

Most recently I contacted them due to a false alarm; first call they hung up on me, second call I was forwarded to another department and put on hold for an extended period of time and finally, the third call I got through only to have the representative tell me he could not tell me if the alarm had sent a message to the police but he would cancel the false alarm.6 hours later the police showed up due to the customer service agent not doing his job.

Today, they blamed me and said I called the wrong number before reviewing the phone records and confirming I called the right number. Would definitely not recommend Frontpoint as your provider because they don't take their customer service seriously and appear to be cutting corners in their training of employees, which puts your safety at risk.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I called them 45 days in advance to cancel my service and was told it would be taken care of on the phone. Then I was billed for a couple of months after that and when I called back I was told that they need a 30-day written notice. I'm sure the fine print in the contract says this, but they never mentioned this on the first cancellation phone call. That's just a shady practice to extort money from customers. I would not recommend Frontpoint to anybody. There are better services available now for much cheaper.

Original review: May 6, 2019

We decided to purchase a security system for our home. After investigating several companies, although we live in Canada, we chose Frontpoint Security which is located in the US. Despite the CAD-US exchange rate it has proven to be worth every penny. A great choice of products and a package was designed for our home by Mike **. One that we needed, not a hard sell of everything that he could sell us. An excellent experience and support with all aspects, questions, installations etc. Gina in customer service was also exceptional in looking into all of our questions. Easy installation, excellent product, 24/7 monitoring and app notification, the VERY BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE WE HAVE EVER WITNESSED. We highly recommend the company.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I was researching Frontpoint as my potential Security Company. As I asked my questions to the Representative I was told several times I would have to buy the system for a one year contract and the cost would be over $500.00. After several more questions about the equipment for a one year contract and then out of the blue, the price for buying the equipment for a one year contract changed to $300.00. I don't have a good feeling about this company, especially when the sales does nothing but bad mouth their competition. Not to mention that the reason why Frontpoint can receive a cell signal and the other companies can't, is because Frontpoint is number 1 in the industry.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I've been with FrontPoint (FP) for 18 months. I had Simplisafe (SS) for 2 years previously. Based on my experiences FP is not as good as SS in many respects. FP misrepresented it's products during the sales process and does NOT have true 24X7X365 protection. They say they monitor your system and can detect an intruder smashing a console and still respond - not true. My FP touchscreen console locked up numerous times and I didn't know it for 24 hours. I found out after the fact they no longer support their touchscreen consoles and no longer sell them. After my numerous complaints they finally replaced my touchscreen console with a dumb hub but refused to give me a full refund of the upgrade I had paid for the touchscreen. Obviously, they were having significant problems with the touchscreen consoles and did not inform owners about it.

Equipment cannot be easily added to the FP system and requires technical support to do. SS is a no brainer to update. My experience with both tech support groups convinced me the SS tech support is also much better and more responsive than FP's. FP locks you in for a 36 month contract. SS has none. FP threatened to sue me If I left them before the end of the contract after I complained about the reliability of their system and service. Beware! Bottom line - They DO NOT provide 24X7 coverage. Their equipment is trash. Their "Smash and Grab" claim is a complete hoax. Their customer service is a joke. Rum Away! If you looking at purchasing one of these systems, SS is a better and more cost effective system. I'll drop FP at the end of the year and probably eat the cost of the remaining contract. It will be worth it.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have been auto paying for years. I decided to cancel. You cannot log in to remove payment - it is blocked. You have to call and then email - which I did. I never heard back from "Ty" so emailed again. Then called "Pam" who assured me Ty would get back to me and cancel the account. NOTHING. I called AGAIN and asked to speak directly to manager - you cannot. I was told an email would be sent to a manager. So, I am here waiting. This was an easy service to set up and then put on auto pay. Trying to leave the company has been such a poor experience. I will not look to them for my next home security needs.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Malfunctioning sensors, faulty sensors reporting as open. Happens repeatedly, No adjustment to monthly bill for a product that is not truly protecting my home and family. Customer service "dropped" call with no call back...hung up on customer. I will be looking for a new provider with better equipment and superior customer service.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I inquired about the Frontpoint home security system and was assured 1. Monitoring was optional. 2. An existing alarm system would not interfere with Frontpoint. 3. I could return the system for a full refund. 4. If I did want monitoring, I could get it for as little as $30/mo. Since I received the system I attempted to install it and have yet to get past the window door sensors to set up the camera and garage door opener. After countless hours on the phone with a tech, and replacement sensors being sent and returned the system only works for one door. Sensors that used to operate no longer do.

When I asked for the address to return the equipment, they informed me that I own it and it cannot be returned. When I saw a charge of $49.99 on my credit card statement I asked why I was being charged for a system that has never worked. And they said I signed a contract and am now obligated for the full 3 years. I am currently looking for a class action suit to join as I am being forced to pay for something I never received.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I never was informed of their contract termination policy. They told me when I went to cancel that was signed up till July of 2019. It was not what I was originally told. When I went cancel they told me my contract was for 3 years. They never ever produced a sign contract. Now they just give me the runaround. These people are not be trusted If you decided to use them be careful. They don’t lie. They just don’t tell you the whole truth when you sign up.

Original review: April 8, 2019

My honest experience is that I’ve been a Frontpoint customer for three years and just renewed my contract and received upgraded equipment. Frontpoint’s New alarm system triggered 5 false alarms in a matter of four weeks. The police and fire dept showed up at my home twice due to the false alarms. This has caused me worry, anxiety, stress because Frontpoint managers refuse to speak to customers especially long term customers to work out those problems. I have been dealing with Frontpoint customer service (not manager because they REFUSE to speak to you) for two weeks now. I had to give in to Frontpoint replacing the damaged equipment. They end up sending me a used replacement hub with broken wires which had to be returned again. I thought that they were intentionally holding my replacements and sending me more defective equipment.

The problem is that they are still charging me monthly. No credits, no coupons, etc. Frontpoint managers refuse to speak to me and give me a refund but have and continue to give me chest pains and anxiety (not only myself but my children who haven’t had a good night sleep in weeks thinking something is going to happen at any time of day). The only great thing is this one lady that has been very patient and understanding but has no power to do anything. As of today I have not spoken to a manager have not received all my equipment and have a pending balance because they overprinted return labels for the damaged equipment they sent me to be returned to them AGAIN. 04/08/2019 AGAIN THE FALSE ALARMS BEGIN.

Original review: April 8, 2019

The area that we live in is very secluded and we go out of town a lot. One of our neighbors suggested Frontpoint and the representatives who helped me when purchasing explained everything very well. The installation of the system as well as reading the instructions were very easy. We have the security camera option and I like that part, as well as how I can access it remotely. Thankfully, nothing has ever happened for us to use the actual security part of it. We travel a lot and with Frontpoint, we are able to secure our home when we leave.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I have had Frontpoint Security for 2.5 years. My contract for monitoring expires 10/19. I have window and door sensors, fire alarm and motion detectors. All great and the service has been great. BUT! A rep offered me two outdoor cameras to extend my contract for 3 years for an extra $5.00/month to which I have been paying, but not receiving the service. That’s where the pleasantness needed. Almost 3 month later, I have spent almost 24 hours on various phone calls. Had 7 remote accessed sessions. Have talked to more than 8 technical reps. The camera’s video fine, but the computer settings DO NOT hold and DO NOT do as expected.

All of my phone calls and login sessions have been attempts to get the setting to work as expected. Each rep I speak to “sympathizes” and ends up saying the previous rep set up incorrectly. 3 months later and the settings still do not work. Frontpoint insisted I try a 3rd camera. I did. Same result. They first tried to blame on my internet speed (Comcast Wireless WIFI), then said it wasn’t internet, but they added three cameras into system and should have deleted one. That was a 2 hour phone call. The resolution is to give me more stuff that I don’t need. They refuse to let me cancel the 3 year extension. They have been kind enough to say they would take the cameras back, but still wouldn’t cancel extension. One camera has never even come out of box. Be very, very careful before signing to extend contract with them.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I see there are other people who have had the same experience as I had. I called Frontpoint, 3 months and 2 months before my contract ended. Both times I was told they could only accept my cancellation 1 month prior to contract end. I called March 31st for my May 1st end date only to be told that the cancellation department was closed for the day. I called the next day, April 1, and was promptly told that that I would be billed for May because I gave less than 30 days notice. All of my appeals were ignored. So now I have Frontpoint for a month longer then I should. I am writing this review to warn other potential customers to be aware of these guys. Their customer service is horrendous, their three year commitment is ridiculous and I cannot wait to be done with them completely.

Original review: April 4, 2019

My experience when installing the Frontpoint system was good and I had no problems. I used all the window or outdoor cameras and motion sensors and it took me less than 30 minutes to install everything. I would also like to add the indoor camera that got a 360-view, as well as the deadbolt lock for the door. The representatives at Frontpoint are all really good. I recently had a problem with one of my cameras and they sent me a replacement. Being a dad with a family, my sense of security has been so much better since having the system installed. If I’m not there, I can always check and see what is going on inside, outside and at the door. I have recommended Frontpoint to friends.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I've always had a security system. However, I wasn't really happy. ADT had me paying a bill for about two years, and I was never even hooked up to their service. It was crazy. And then, I had XFINITY. I can't stand Comcast and I wouldn't give Comcast a dime of my money. Frontpoint's better because of the alerts that you get on a regular basis. Also, the interaction with the reps from Frontpoint was good. The only thing is I had ordered a camera and I don't even know if it's hooked up. I got the power supply and everything else, the green and the red lights are on, and I just don't know if it's being fed a video feed or what. I called a couple of times, and that was a little frustrating, but I just figured it out.

The system has all the features. I really like the fact that when the contractor or the housekeeper's there, I can turn the system off and turn it on when they're gone. I thought it's the nicer of the two keypads. That was the main selling point for me. I like nice things. I want all the bling-bling. But it works just fine. And if I ever upgrade, I probably will get it. It's easy to add stuff to it. Also, the smart features were easy to do. They're efficient and self-explanatory. Knowing that the system from Frontpoint is hooked up is really big. And when it's not on during the day because we're just at home and in and out, they send alerts to the phone saying it's not activated. Stuff like that is nice.

Frontpoint expert review by Ben Mannes

Choose from 3 wireless security system packages for $34.99-$49.99 a month. Systems are self-installed and include 24/7 monitoring, crash and smash technology along with fire and medical protection. Contracts range from 1-3 years.

• Installation: All Frontpoint equipment is designed to be installed by the consumer, so the company doesn’t employ any installation technicians. This saves consumers a significant amount of money when getting a new system.

• Mobile access: Frontpoint's mobile apps let you access your security system, review information and control your home from anywhere you have an Internet connection via computer or smartphone.

• Cellular monitoring: The Frontpoint Control Panel communicates with the Monitoring Center via cell phone, so it's not dependent on a phone line. Even if your home phone line is cut or the system is smashed, your alarm will send out a cell alert to Frontpoint Monitoring.

• Portable: Frontpoint's 100 percent wireless sensors are easy to set up and require no hard wiring, so a Frontpoint security system can be easily moved to a new address.

• Equipment cost: With Frontpoint, you purchase your equipment outright. While your upfront cost could be a few hundred dollars once you add extra sensors, remotes and other accessories, purchasing your equipment can actually save you money in the long run. Frontpoint equipment has a three-year warranty.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
      Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Frontpoint Company Information