3.9/5 (1764 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Top Frontpoint Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… I’ve been with a dozen other security companies and never had such a great experience as I’ve had with Frontpoint. If you’re reading this and having second thoughts spend a litt...

Verified

Frontpoint security was super easy to install and learn how to use. The price is right too. I own a physical medicine clinic and we put up cameras in all the public places to keep...

What is Frontpoint?

Frontpoint is a home security company that offers wireless systems with integrated smart home technologies. The Frontpoint Hub and Keypad act as the system’s command center, with cellular connection to 24/7 professional monitoring. You can control a Frontpoint system using the company app, Google Home or Alexa. The company gives customers the option to choose one of its home security packages or design their own system with add-ons like cameras and sensors. Each system comes with a 30-day, risk-free trial.

Frontpoint security costs

At the time of publishing, Frontpoint security package pricing ranges from $99 to $479.90. Package options include Safe Home Starter, Safe Home Everyday, Safe Home Select and Safe Home Preferred. You can also build your own system. The company partners with Affirm to offer 0% APR financing to those who qualify. The cost for monitoring is $50 a month.

Frontpoint security packages

All Frontpoint alarm packages come with the central Hub and Keypad, at least two door and window sensors, at least one motion sensor, a set of window decals, a yard sign and door stickers.

Safe Home StarterSafe Home EverydaySafe Home SelectSafe Home Preferred

Safe Home Everyday$295.9423
Safe Home Select$383.9224
Safe Home Preferred$479.9025

Frontpoint monitoring costs

Monitoring with Frontpoint costs $50 a month. Both plans come with crash and smash protection, automated system checks, remote access and control, mobile alerts and unique user codes. The Ultimate Plan also includes motion-triggered alerts, light control, live video streaming and smart lock control.

Frontpoint security equipment

Frontpoint’s build-your-own option lets you design the right protection package for your home. You can mix and match equipment if you have more specific needs than what’s offered with Frontpoint security packages. In addition to sensors and indoor cameras, Frontpoint has a variety of popular security equipment add-ons.

frontpoint smart door lock
Smart Door Lock
  • Free cloud video storage
  • Bank-grade encryption
  • $119.99*
frontpoint wireless light control
Wireless Light Control
  • Control with system and mobile app
  • Works with lamps and small appliances
  • $39.99*
frontpoint doorbell camera
Doorbell Camera
  • Two-way audio and night vision
  • Comes with three-year warranty
  • $119.99*
frontpoint garage door tilt sensor
Garage Door Tilt Sensor
  • Built-in smart sensor
  • Sends real-time notifications
  • $19.99*

*As of publishing date.

Frontpoint Security FAQ

Do you have to install Frontpoint yourself?
Yes, you have to install Frontpoint yourself. Security equipment devices come preprogrammed to make setup and utilization easier. Each product includes instructions for installation. Frontpoint also posts videos on its website with visual directions.

Even though Frontpoint tries to make it as easy as possible, some consumers still find the installation process difficult or confusing. If you have any issues installing a system, reach out to Frontpoint customer service for guidance.

Can I use Frontpoint without monitoring?
Not really. You can’t get Frontpoint without a monitoring contract, and Frontpoint equipment only works with the monitoring app.
Does Frontpoint have outdoor cameras?
Yes, Frontpoint sells outdoor cameras for $135.99 as of the publishing date. They include nighttime vision with infrared technology.
How much does Frontpoint cost per month?
Frontpoint monitoring costs $50 a month. On the lower end, Frontpoint’s monitoring plan includes 24/7 professional monitoring, automated system checks, mobile alerts and monitoring. For a higher price, you can get features like live streaming, night vision, light and smart lock control and motion-triggered alerts.
What is Frontpoint’s return policy?
Frontpoint has a 30-day risk-free trial period. During this time, customers can install the system in their homes and try it to see if it fits their lifestyle. Within 30 days, customers can return the system using free shipping for a full refund.

Is Frontpoint security good?

Frontpoint provides a selection of prebuilt packages at price points to fit a variety of budgets. It can be a smart option for customers who don’t mind DIY system installation. You can select from packages or customize a system to make sure you have the right amount of protection for your property. The company claims its systems can save you up to 20% on homeowners insurance.

However, some dissatisfied customers described difficulty reaching Frontpoint customer service representatives. If you aren’t sure Frontpoint is right for you, compare Frontpoint vs. ADT or Simplisafe vs. Frontpoint.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: June 26, 2021

I had a problem with the little devices that you stick on the doors. The sliding glass door was a problem. So, Frontpoint had to send me another one, and that got resolved. But recently, that started acting really weird. I was on the phone with someone named Christopher several days ago, and that was a rather torturous conversation. But eventually, we got the one that I have to work. Then, he finally agreed to send me a new one. Now, I have the new one here, and I can't get it to work. So, I have to call them again and get it figured out.

He couldn't answer my question. What was happening was, I'd be sitting in my living room, and all of the sudden, the patio door closed, and I wasn't even near the patio door. Our patio door opened, and I wasn't even near it. So, I said, “Do you have an explanation for that?” He said, “No.” It's only been the patio door. That's the most important door. They couldn't tell me why that was happening, which is why I called them to begin with.

Other than that, I downloaded the app, and I turn the system on and off through that. It’s very easy. Then, I have the thing on the wall where you can also activate and deactivate from the thing you stick on the wall. Overall, I don't think it's difficult to comprehend at all. I would recommend Frontpoint but one caveat to that is the customer service people need to be more experienced. The rep I dealt with had to keep putting me on hold. I could tell he was new. So, Frontpoint needs to stick with someone who's more experienced.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Frontpoint has good quality for the price and the only thing they might want to do is their magnetics, which is for the doors. They need to make them a little bit larger. The motion sensors don't quite register if you mount a switch to the door and there's no other place to mount the other switch. And if you didn't have the crown molding, what's meant to be mounted on the door would sit flush. But if you put our door with crown molding, one is going to be higher than the other and sometimes, that crown molding on some of the older slash Victorian style houses is thick so it doesn't quite trigger. Beyond that, everything else is great. The set up was self-explanatory and the Frontpoint technicians were awesome.

My mother is elderly so she doesn't negotiate stairs. She generally stays on the ground floor and she doesn't quite understand all these alarms. I told her that she will never have to go in the basement. All the heavy furniture and all the heavy boxes she could never lift are in the basement. So, I was setting it up and I explained it to her that, if you set all the motion detectors for home and they go off from the ground floor, that's fine. And I told her that as long as the alarm is on, if anything triggers below this basement door, you have a break in. If someone breaks in through a window and they open the door, it would set off the alarm.

One more thing I can recommend that'll make it a lot easier for people that are not too tech savvy, like parents or grandparents is for the Frontpoint app. It’s a great app but they can customize it and have them do customized ring tones and notifications. I've recommended Frontpoint to four people and I had gone to my brother's house. He was telling me he was getting Frontpoint but he went with SimpliSafe. He had it in his house for four months and he never set it up. I told him I’ll set it up for him. Either way, they're both simple setups but Frontpoint has got more bang for the buck and a better deal. They are very helpful and anyone I've ever talked to in Frontpoint has great personality.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I liked that with Frontpoint, I had the ability to install the security system myself without having an electrician coming in. The system that I got was delivered very well organized. Everything was pre-numbered and set up based on what I had ordered and the instructions were very clear. I'm not a handy person at all but I had my whole house done in less than 30 minutes. It was super easy. Since then, there have been a couple of hiccups with some sensors here and there but nothing out of the ordinary.

Since getting my system, I sleep better at night knowing that if any door were to open, I'd be alerted. When I first got the system, one of my children was sleepwalking. My system is armed so that it would only chime if a door opened. My sleepwalking child was headed out the back door in the middle of the night and I heard the door chime. It woke me up and I went running down the hallway. Had we not had the alarm, my child could have gotten out and God knows what would have happened.

Frontpoint's reps are so knowledgeable that anytime I call, they always have an answer or they can get the answer very quickly. They stay with me until my issue is resolved. I have used Frontpoint as an example in training my own team to create "wow moments" so that whenever they have an opportunity to speak with a customer, that customer would hang up and say "Wow! Those guys are awesome" which is how I feel every time I hang up after talking to Frontpoint. I'm super happy with them.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

We have a Frontpoint system here and another at a place we have in Pennsylvania. When we were putting the sensors around, Frontpoint had misnumbered them. That was a real clown world show there. How could somebody misnumber the sensors when they send them out? The package should be double-checked to make sure that nothing is misnumbered. They were activating it and it was the wrong one. It took a while but we got it resolved. Also, we've had sensors back in Pennsylvania fall off or the battery went dead or had to be replaced. We've had a couple things like that happen over the years but those have all been handled well. All the conversations have been good with the representatives.

We have cameras too and I'm not really happy with that system. The motion detector wasn't being activated and recording all the time. For them to go off, somebody almost has to break and force entry then everything would start being recorded. That's the way it's set now. I would like it to be set that if a deer or a bear walks by, I'd like to be able to look back and see that.

There’s a thing where you have to draw a little box on them. When the wind would blow, it would trigger then we'd start getting all these messages ‘cause it’s hooked up with our phones. But it turned out to be branches. The idea is that if somebody tries to break in, the image will still be recorded and put up which is what we wanted. But I also wanted to be able to record if somebody was up there looking around and coming on the property without permission. I'd want the camera to be able to trigger it. I can't because they're so sensitive. They trigger so easily with motion. We've never been able to resolve that issue and we've tried several times. The cameras here are the same way. If you get a hard rainstorm, it’d do the same thing. The cameras would be going off all the time.

Overall, I would recommend it. The experience has been good. Frontpoint seems to keep up with all the latest stuff coming out. The distance is really good. We have a sensor that’s probably 100-feet away from the main unit and it picks it up. I could also hold off calling the police to make sure that nobody was up there. After two or three false alarms, the cops start charging you. What's good is Frontpoint calls me right away and I call one of us because there are several of us on it. I would say, “It's probably a sensor. We'll check so don't do anything.” It's always been good if that's happened.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Frontpoint was recommended to us by a lot of people that use it, and we always feel comfortable with Costco. Three people that we asked that had switched to Frontpoint have been really happy. So, that was why we went with it. I had an alert go off once, and it was in the middle of the night. And I got a call, and the person I spoke with walked me through it. Then, we followed up the following day. So, that was one thing I thought was really cool. Then, just the time where I just run out the door and forget that I tripped my alarm, I got a phone call. So, they've been very attentive. Whenever it's happened, it's only been a few times but they've always responded. They've been very nice and patient.

The main screen is far away from where I sleep, so I'm curious where I can have an alert at my bedside, knowing which has been triggered. They probably know that, but I don't have the alerts on my phone. They call me. But the fact that I would be really far away, and it would be my front door, it makes me leery of having to go all the way close to my front door to find out which one's gone off. So, we walked through that on the phone with them.

All the time I've had Frontpoint, it was so nice because of the fact that they helped me set it all up. One time, the police officer showed up. He was quick, but I am close to them. They knocked on the door because I had triggered my alarm. I got back from a long trip and I just totally spaced. There was the police officer going, “Your alarm’s going off.” Once a year, if something happens, they're still there. So, that’s good.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Warning, do not purchase a system from them. They are not there for any questions or concerns. I was on hold for 35 minutes and still haven't gotten an agent on the phone. You can hear the recorded message stating that it's due to covid 19. I call BS on this! Get the hell back to work and service your customers!!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I had purchased a home in April of 2021. I talked to a Frontpoint sales and decided to purchase their home security system with a doorbell camera. So start on no customer service. I had never received equipment. After getting moved into my home and never seeing equipment I have made many calls to customer service. Every time I have called I sit on hold for average of 2 to 3 hours and most of the time get disconnected. I have put in for callback and never received a callback. So 8 months later and 7 months of being billed for service I can not access. I have sent emails with no response. I have made calls with no response. I am being charged and have no way to get in contact with frontpoint. So I am out over $500 which grows monthly. I feel like this company is stealing from me and I have no way to get resolution.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Horrible security system. The alarm doesn't work and sets itself off. We have been trying to cancel and the customer service is the worst. I have called to cancel many times and I'm left on hold for over an hour easily. The phone just hangs up after a certain point. This company is garbage. I would never recommend this company not even to my worst enemy.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I have been a Frontpoint client for 7 years. The first 2 or 3 were OK. Not much interaction and their equipment seemed to work as intended. The problem started when I started having false alarms. Sometimes it was my fault (forgot to disarm it). The problem is that even though I disarmed the alarm at the panel, the disarming notification never got to the central office, so they called and if they got no answer, they dispatched the police. I had 3 emergency numbers in my file for them to call. They only called one and if they got no answer, they dispatch the police. This happened to me twice. I had to pay fees worth about $500. Now (Dec, 2021) it happened again, except this time, there was no alarm sound. The police showed up at 1:30 AM, woke me up.

The system (panel) had crashed and I received an email from Frontpoint saying so. I was given a contact (Dwayne **). I wrote and email with explanation and proof that their system had crashed. His reply, "It is Frontpoint Security’s policy that we do not refund false alarms. Frontpoint Security attempted to contact the numbers on the account during the alarm event. No refund will be issued in regards to this alarm event. Please test your control panel to make sure the siren activates during an alarm event". Notice "attempted to contact the numbers..." .

Unfortunately, I had signed up for 3 years after one of these false alarm events because they offered me a discount (to prevent me from leaving). I took the bait, to my regret. Now, I would have to pay them all owed money till the end of the 3 year period plus 80% penalty for cancelling early. I would definitely recommend you look somewhere else. This is NOT a company that cares about their clients and their equipment is NOT reliable. I had to pay $267 to the City for that last false alarm.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Been on the phone for 2 hours so far and have yet to speak to a real human. Only way to cancel service is to call and wait. This is a process that can be easily automated and is left this way to frustrate people into keeping the service and continue paying. Horrible business practice. It's easier to get a hold of the IRS. Been a customer for over three years, past the terms of my contract, have had failed sensors and malfunctions while away from the home. I want a more reliable service for less money per month.

Frontpoint Company Information