toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Frontpoint

We're so happy to hear that your system worked exactly how you needed it to and that the burglar was caught! Thanks so much for sharing your story with us and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you going forward.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

My brother passed away and it wasn't two weeks later when word got around the neighborhood. The neighborhood has gone down through the years and two guys broke in the house. My sister went online, investigated home securities, and saw what the comments and ratings were on everyone. We liked Frontpoint's price and my sister signed up with them. I'm in Pooler which is out of Savannah and my sister is in Cornelia, Georgia which is four hours away and we're both on the call list. The guys who broke into the house wanted to go back for a second trip but by then I already had the Frontpoint security system there and it got them. They had priors, got indicted, and are in jail now. We've had a really good experience with Frontpoint and I do appreciate it. Everything's worked out great and the house is still whole just locked up with the security system.

Frontpoint

It's great to hear that your system is working exactly how you need it to! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and please let us know if you ever need anything in the future.

Original review: March 3, 2016

I've been with Frontpoint for two years. Installation of the system was surprisingly easy. I just read the instructions and did what it says. I didn't have any issues whatsoever. I use their app quite frequently. It's very nice when I'm out and use the app to make sure that the system is armed. I haven't received any alerts though. Maybe that's something that needs to be set up.

The Frontpoint people I've dealt with have been extremely professional, friendly, and easy to deal with when there were a couple of questions that I had about the system early on. I also had to call sometimes regarding my monthly payments, as their website doesn't offer a way to modify that and my credit card situation has changed. All in all, they've been very helpful, polite, and right on the ball.

With Frontpoint, there's a feeling that I have that once I'm in for the night and the system's armed, I don't have to worry. Thank God we haven't had any incidents, but having it's a comfort, especially now that I do travel quite a bit. Sometimes I'm gone a month at a time and it's nice to know that the system is secure, and I can monitor it from wherever I might be. Frontpoint just works.

Resolution response: March 29, 2017

Front point did call me back. Although it wasn't the same night that I had issues, as they said they would, they did finally did call me the next morning. They worked on trouble shooting the issues and proposed a fix. Time will tell if it works.

Apparently there is a signal delay which means that the signal doesn't reach Front Point ComSys for a while and can causes false alarms. A fix may or may not work in this instance for this system.

I have been a customer for over 4 years. The only suggestion I might make to Front Point is that they had a tech on duty at night. That is when break ins often happen and when people want to feel the most secure. No one wants to talk to an answering service when they are frightened or have a false alarm and they police are dispatched.

Original review: March 26, 2017

After I had been home for 5 minutes, I received a text stating a possible break in at my house. I called Frontpoint to see what was going on. I realized that when I entered my house and turned off my alarm, through some faulty error it came across to Frontpoint dispatch as a possible break in (even though it was just me entering my home as usual). Although during my original agreement, Frontpoint said they would make 3 separate calls before they dispatched the police, they did not try to contact me; I know because I was in my house and my phone nor my cell phone rang. The Police were dispatched. I asked them to cancel the call to the Police since this is the 3rd false alarm in the past 12 months.

When I went to call them back to find out about fixing my faulty system, they said they would have someone call me back immediately. That was two hours ago and I am still waiting for the call. It is 10:30 PM at night. Two different emergency reps said they would call me right back. Neither has. I am more worried about the Police filing a report against me for too many false alarms than I am against having a burglar. I gave Frontpoint a 4 star because they used to have really great customer service but now they have left me in the lurch. This is my 4th year with them. I think as the systems get older they start having issues.

Resolution In Progress

Frontpoint

Katherine, thank you for bringing this situation to our attention and we apologize for the amount of calls you received as it is never our goal to have our customers feel harassed. We would like to make this situation right which is why we have had one of our Sales Managers attempt to contact you. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon so we can address all of your concerns in detail.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I left a review on yelp.com, but am also leaving a review here due to continued harassment from this company. Called them 5 days ago, spoke to a salesperson. Received an email quote. The next day, Saturday, I called to ask for clarification regarding the quote. Nobody answered the phone, I left no message. During the course of that day, I received eight phone calls from Frontpoint but they did not leave voicemails which very unprofessional. I then started receiving numerous emails spams from this company relentlessly harassing me.

After leaving a negative review on Yelp, a manager quickly responded on yelp.com, asking me to submit an email to WeCare@FrontPoint.com giving them various information. I did this yesterday. Have gotten no response, no apology, nothing. Received yet another spam email today. Should also note, I have responded to every email spam I've gotten asking them to take me off their list. I have additionally hit unsubscribe at the end of the email to no avail. Avoid this company at all costs, they will harass the heck out of you. Also, you're required to leave your email address and phone number in order to get a quote and that's when the fun begins.

Resolution In Progress

Frontpoint

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention! It is important to us that you feel safe and secure which is why we have one of our Support Supervisors attempting to contact you. At your earliest convenience, please give our Supervisor a call back and he will be more than happy to assist you. Thanks again and we hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: March 2, 2017

My ex husband and I purchased the Frontpoint system over 2.5 years ago. The account was always paid up to date. When I ended my 31 year marriage due to extreme emotional abuse, I was extremely traumatized, and in deep grieving. My alarm system went off, and instead of calling my daughter, they called my ex. Triggering a terrible reaction. I called them, explained the situation, and asked them to please remove his name from the contact list.

The alarm went off again. They once again called my ex husband and I, through tears, pleaded with them to "Please remove his name. Call my daughter. Let me give you one of my son's names." Frontpoint said he would remain a contact if the alarm went off until the contract was up in July of 2017. This was the summer of 2016. I have great credit. I always pay my bills. That's how I was raised. I keep my word. This is how Frontpoint operates. It should have been an easy fix. They preferred to traumatize a good customer. DO NOT GET FRONTPOINT. Unless, of course, you find it amusing to abuse abused women.

Frontpoint

Scott, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are glad to see that you were able to speak with one of our Support Supervisors and that they were able to address all of your concerns. Thanks again and please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you going forward.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I got Frontpoint for a home we were listing for sale because of so many good reviews. When I contacted frontpoint and explained we might sell the house during the year of service that frontpoint required we sign up for, I was assured by the frontpoint salesman on the phone that if we sold the house the year long monitoring agreement could be easily transitioned to the new owner, and was never told there was any cost associated with this. House sold. New owner wants the monitoring service, we contact Frontpoint and it takes nearly 3 weeks for them to get us the electronic signed paperwork to transition the account over to the new owner. I get confirmation we both signed and am charged a $69 service fee for transitioning the service.

Alright, I was stupid enough to believe the salesman... I contacted Frontpoint and they told me my $69 transfer fee would be refunded. 3 weeks later that still hasn't happened. Worse yet, I am STILL BEING BILLED MONTHLY for the monitoring service by frontpoint. What the **! It is impossible to remove my automatic credit card payment from my frontpoint account, even though the name of the new owner has been added to it. None of his information is in the account other than his email address. Wow! What a SCAM Frontpoint is!

Trying to contact the service representative is hit or miss, it usually takes DAYS for him to get back to me. When he does, he promises things will be fixed and so far he has been 100% wrong. No refund on the $69 transfer fee, no actual transfer of the account (although I have it in writing in email from the esignature document) and ongoing automatic billing that I cannot stop to my credit card. If I had known it would be this much hassle, take so much of my time to try to get the account transferred, and I would be charged extra fees and continue to be charged after the service was ended, I never would have gone with Frontpoint. I strongly recommend to anyone not to use Frontpoint.

Frontpoint

David, thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your first home security system, we're glad to have you as part of the family! Also, thank you for the great review! It's great hearing that our Support Team was able to help get your system up and running. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

My wife read some good reviews about Frontpoint on the internet and we got them for our home security system. When I first started the service, I felt that the customer service representative was a little young and not quite sure how to interact with me. She was asking me how many services I wanted or how many windows there were. This is the first home security system that we put in place so I wasn’t sure on the details and I was looking for her directions to see how many sensors or what kind of devices Frontpoint would recommended. So that was a little bit of a problem but we got through it and it was no problem after that.

The installation took almost an hour, but the person helping me did a good job and showed me how to do it so it was relatively painless. We’ve been satisfied with Frontpoint. I have used their interactive features and I like it. It could be helpful in an emergency and though I haven’t used it very much recently, it’s a great feature. The website is also well thought out and designed well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Frontpoint

Ted, we're glad to hear that your system is working exactly how you need it to. We're also glad to hear that smartphone app is making your system easier to use and more accessible. Thank you for the great review and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I've been using Frontpoint for my business' security for close to a year now. After being broken into twice, I got cameras. And then after getting broke into the third time, I got the alarm. We had challenges during the installation, but they were not that hard. The seals on the door didn't quite fit right and we improvised by adding a little foam to make them connect better.

Interactions with the Frontpoint team have always been real good. I have three big garage doors, and I talked to the Frontpoint team because we had a big windstorm, and when the wind gets up real strong, there'd be a false alarm. We've had some signals come through, and Frontpoint had to call the sheriff's office, and the people from the sheriff's office arrived before I did. I also like being able to access and control the system from anywhere. I routinely disarm the system with my phone, check to make sure everything's intact. I'm just looking to try not to get broken into again and I feel better with it. Overall, I've been real satisfied with Frontpoint.

Frontpoint

Thank you for the great rating!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I switched to Frontpoint and my experience when installing my Frontpoint security device was perfect. I installed it myself and didn't run into any issues at all. It was easy and straightforward.

Frontpoint

We're so happy to hear that the interactive features of the system are making it more accessible and convenient to use! Our goal is always to provide peace of mind and we're happy you're getting just that. Thank you for the great rating and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Frontpoint has been a much better service than my previous one which was ADT. The installation took less than an hour and was very good. I installed it myself and then called the help line to connect up a few sensors, and they were very helpful. I use Frontpoint’s interactive features and it's one of the clear reasons why I picked them. I feel that I’m a lot more in control with my system. I can check it any time on my phone and it’s just a much more seamless interaction that I’m having. Before, I had no real visibility except for when I was home. The service of Frontpoint that I've received from the initial installation until today has been excellent. Everyone I’ve spoken to has been very helpful and very polite. They are professional and know what they are talking about which is a big plus.

Frontpoint

Glad to hear your installation went so smoothly!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Installing my Frontpoint system was very easy. The instructions were good. Frontpoint also has a topnotch customer service. Anytime that I’ve had to call, they’ve been really, really good. I would recommend them.

I recently had a situation that Frontpoint haven't gotten back to me on, where my fire alarm was triggered. It was a false alarm. The smoke was coming from my fireplace and it's not uncommon problem that we have with this particular wood stove. But as far as the alarm system is concerned, it was a valid alarm. And when the smoke alarm triggered, the panel locked our doors. I've spoken to them a couple of times on that and they said they're researching it but I haven't heard anything.

Frontpoint

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and always remember that we are just a phone call away if you ever need additional adhesive or anything at all!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I've used Frontpoint home security for almost a year. The staff has been very pleasant to work with and very helpful. They've addressed any issues I’ve had. Installing the device was relatively easy though some of the connections were a little hard to line up on windows. I think it should have come with more of the little sticky pads. Being able to access and control my security system on the go has been good but limited. Still, it's nice to be able to see what's going on from anywhere. I don't know if Frontpoint really makes anything safer, but it definitely helps document the comings and goings, which has been helpful. Hopefully it's acting as a deterrent, but there’s no way to validate that.

Frontpoint

Glad to hear your system is working how you need it to! Also, thanks for the recommendation and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I've been using Frontpoint for approximately nine months to a year. It was very easy to install. I have the app as well, and it's wonderful. Their customer service is superb. I've already recommended Frontpoint to a friend who had installed it too.

Frontpoint

Glad to hear your setup was easy and that you are happy with your system!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

It has been a little bit under a year since using Frontpoint and everything has been great. Their security device was easy to install too.

Frontpoint

Happy to hear your system is easy and convenient to work with! Thank you for the great review!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I've been using Frontpoint for a year now. I like their do-it-yourself aspects wherein they just send everything to set up. No one has to come in and I don't have to schedule any appointments. The set up was easy and simple. I use their app too and it works great. And, their reps were very helpful, nice and knowledgeable. My interactions with them have been great.

Frontpoint

Wow, we're so glad to hear that we've been able to live up to your expectations and that our Support Team has been helpful and easy to work with. It's also great that the interactive features are making your system more accessible! Thanks for the great review and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

It was between the reviews and the fact that it was easy to install that we chose Frontpoint. We also had the choice on how we wanted to use it. Everything was positive. Also, their people have always provided very good customer service. During installation and every time we had a question, they have always been there. They are very likely and easy to talk to. Online, they would notify us if there was any problem. I like that the system lets us know every time the door and windows are open and tells you which one. They also have nice signs for you to put out in the yard and stickers for the windows. We feel better that we have it because it's working. Every time we go out, we put it on and we feel like we're protected. Frontpoint is a great company to help protect your home and yourself.

Frontpoint

We appreciate you taking the time to share you feedback with us!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I learned about Frontpoint when I was doing an internet research. I have talked to their reps when I set up their system and the process has been fine.

Frontpoint

Jason, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're happy to hear that our Support Team was able to get you what you need to get your sensor's mounted. Also, we appreciate your feedback as this definitely helps make sure we are providing the best service possible. Thanks again, and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

It was a bit more difficult to install our security device because one of my doors is kind of offset from the frame. I needed to add a couple of extra sticky pads to have the sensors stick out of my door during installation. I called Frontpoint to tell them and they immediately sent out more sticky pads for free so I didn't have to buy any. Also, the smartphone app is very nice. It comes most handy when I'm in the car leaving for work. I can also use it when I'm in bed.

There are a couple of things that I was hoping they could change. One is where the alarm has gone off and they said that they are going to dispatch the police because I was not home. I didn't know why it was going off. I had to call the police dispatcher later to see what had happened because there was never any follow-up. And then if there was a way to make it where you could set it up and not worry about your pets setting it off because I've had my cat set it off. It says that a cat is not supposed to be able to set it off. Also when I'm leaving, I can't arm it with my sensors when my bigger dog is left out because she will set it off as well. Other than that, I'm very happy with the service.

Frontpoint

We're glad to hear that our Security Consultant was able to get you what you needed to protect your home and that your installation went so smoothly. Thank you for sharing your experience and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

One of my customers uses Frontpoint and he gave me a referral. When I first got the system, I was thinking about cancelling. I called them up and they were simple and straightforward. They lowered my bill and customized everything to exactly what I needed. It's a good system. Installation was simple since everything is labeled clearly. All you have to do is place them on the wall, doors, or windows. The interactive feature is also very convenient. I have been using them in my business for almost a year.

Frontpoint

Great to hear that your installation was easy! Let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Before we moved, we had ADT at our old house and it's been about a year now since we switched to Frontpoint. Its difference with our ADT was that with our ADT, everything was wired to the house while Frontpoint, like all the ones that we installed ourselves, we only got doors, glass break, and motion sensors. I've always felt like do I arm it and then go drop a glass and make sure that the glass break is still working? Other than that, installing the system was very easy and it's very nice talking to their staff.

Frontpoint

Thank you for the "5" star rating Andrew. Hearing that your system is easy and simple is great as out goal is to provide reliable and understandable service. Thank you again for sharing your experience and let us know if there's anything we can do for you in the future!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I've used Frontpoint for a little over a year. My friend referred me to them. Everything was great. The installation was easy. They sent everything and I was able to set the system up myself. Any time they've had to call me for an alarm going off or I've had to call them, there have been no problems at all. I like knowing that I can access and control my system. The great thing about this feature is that if I forget to set the alarm, my phone will give me an alert when I drive away from home. On the whole, my Frontpoint security system was easy, simple, and great to use.

Frontpoint

Great to hear that our Support Team was able to help get your system up and running! Let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I had ADT before and Frontpoint did the service better. It's easy to use because it's a different system and I find Frontpoint more responsive. For the most part, I found them knowledgeable and they helped solve my problems. The installation was a little tricky. I might have thought I understood what I was supposed to do but I didn't exactly. But then when I called, someone walked me through it and it worked out. I love it and it's very convenient.

Frontpoint

Great to hear that your system is working exactly how you need it to!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I did an online research about home security systems when I was moving my home last year and my research indicated that Frontpoint was one of the top providers. I also like their wireless capabilities so I decided to give them a try. So far, my experience has been very good and the security device was simple to install. The service is fine, overall. Customer support is good and their technical support is great.

The installation process was a breeze and the Frontpoint team has always been very friendly when I've called and very patient when we've had the odd false alarm. The only thing is one of the last software updates was a bit strange. The way when you armed the system, the lights are completely different to the way it used to be so it's a bit confusing. I gave that feedback to Frontpoint and at least I felt like I was heard.

The mobile app is very important because sometimes when you leave your house, you don't really remember to put the alarm on and then you can remember in the car and do it. We've been traveling sometimes and it's really handy to be able to turn on the alarm or turn on the lights or off. So being able to control things on the phone is absolutely a critical part of why I like Frontpoint.

There's been a few instances of people taking packages from the front porch and a few months ago, there were a few break-ins into homes in the area, too, and so having a young child I wasn't going to move there until I had some sort of security system. Frontpoint makes me feel much safer especially at night. I would definitely recommend it, and I have recommended it to people that have asked. I'm really happy with Frontpoint's service so far. Frontpoint is an easy to use system that brings me peace of mind.

Frontpoint

It's great to hear that our Support Team was able to assist with getting your sensors mounted and that your system is making you feel safer! We truly appreciate you sharing your experience and ask that you let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

We purchased the Frontpoint system about a month before we moved into the house because we were trying to take advantage of a promotion that they were offering. The initial sales rep that I dealt with was very friendly and knowledgeable and their team called me every few weeks to see if we were ready to set up the system. They were really proactive with making sure that we had all the help we needed in order to set it up.

The installation was also very simple and foolproof. The only thing that we had a little bit of trouble with was we have a molding around our doors, so Frontpoint sent us more stickers to help the sensors align properly. Other than that, it was extremely easy. We use the cellphone app when we’re arming and disarming, and we’ve never had any issues with it. We get alerts sent to our phones if the system’s ever triggered. If a certain amount of time goes by and we haven’t set the system to alarm, it will send us a message reminding us to do that.

Overall we feel very safe and don’t have to necessarily worry if something were to happen. On the control panel itself, there's an emergency services button so if anything happened, we push that and it’s like a panic button for us. It’s a nice little peace of mind to have. My husband triggered the alarm once and Frontpoint was extremely fast with calling and responding to make sure if we needed help. It’s a great security system and we have actually recommended it to people who’ve also purchased homes.

Frontpoint

We're happy to hear that our Support Team was able to help you with that sensor! Thank you for sharing your feedback and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

One of the reasons that I bought Frontpoint was because I've read everything about the installation that it is super easy. And it was. When I had one sensor that wasn't working, I called them and they rectified that right away. I and especially my wife definitely have more peace of mind because we have Frontpoint. It's an easy system to use. I'm totally happy with it and I'm gonna stay with it for a long time. I'll be upgrading to the outside video cam later this year.

Frontpoint

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Chunxia, we're happy to hear your installation went so easily! We're also glad that the smart phone app is making your system easier to use! Thank you again and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

The Frontpoint system needs very easy installation. They also have good customer support and good response time. I called at the beginning about some sensors and a motion detector which were too sensitive and they were dealt with pretty good so I'm happy with that. I use my mobile to control the system quite a lot and that one's easy, too. I don't have any issues with it. The only concern I have is the noise level. It seems not very loud if we stay on the second level and I think it can be louder. Other than that, Frontpoint is good and I'm happy with it. I feel much better when I am away because I have it.

Frontpoint

Great to hear your system is making you feel safer!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

My Frontpoint security system was installed a year ago and the installation was easy. I'm pretty satisfied with the service and I feel secure. Everyone feels a little bit safer when they have a security system in their house. The system is very simple, easy to use and to understand. I use the interactive feature on my tablet and it's very useful and also easy and simple.

Frontpoint

Thank you for your feedback Adam, it is always valuable to us as it helps make sure we moving in the right direction. Also, we're happy to see that your installation was easy for you! Thank you again and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

Installing the Frontpoint system was very easy. I called them and they walked me through sensor by sensor and the activation. They made sure it was registering on their end and we kept the system going. I didn't have any issues ever since. The app on the phone is decent and I use it all the time. It has most of the controls that you would expect a phone app to have. I can't get to pulling the notification settings on the app but I can easily access that on the web portal.

The only downfall I've noticed is the appearance of the home panel that we have when it runs. We have a touchscreen so it's nice but it does have a lot of lag in the interface between touching it and the actual function. I need to put in my disarm codes and it shows up on the keypad. Then I hit the numbers and there's some lag in between and takes some time to catch up. But disarming through the app on my phone is almost instantaneous because my phone's doing all the computing. So the touchscreen needs to have more capacity and more processing power.

Frontpoint

Jonathan thank you for the feedback as it definitely helps us grow as a company.Also, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, as we want to ensure you are getting the peace of mind from your system, we will have one of our Support Supervisors reach to discuss your situation in more detail. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you shortly.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I got Frontpoint for my business and it was easy to install. However, my experience with them has been a little frustrating. They have the devices stuck on the wall, but one didn't stick and fell off so I had to glue them on. Then when the alarm went off, they called me and said, "Is everything okay there?" like I'm at home, but I was on a midnight run when that happened. They didn't seem to know what was going on, but they are fine when asking for help with setting up new devices. Although Frontpoint is definitely cheaper, my previous service from ADT is better because they were more towards businesses unlike Frontpoint, which is more for home use.

Frontpoint

Glad to hear our Support Team was able to assist you with getting your system installed!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

I have Frontpoint for a little over a year and I like them. It was easy installing the system and someone over the phone ran me through it. I also talked to them a couple of times when we added a few sensors and everyone's very nice over the phone. I use the app on my phone all the time and it's super convenient.

Frontpoint Company Profile