Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.25/5

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

View More View More

Frontpoint Reviews

Original review: March 19, 2019

Frontpoint had a streamlined process for how they called us back very quickly. We put in a request online and they called us back within an hour. The person that we spoke to on the phone was really helpful. He was very informative about what the company offered and he helped us to tailor the equipment that we needed based on our lifestyle and our house. He didn’t try to sell us things that weren’t necessary. Not every company is like that. Plus, he was super friendly and he took a lot of time to work with us to make sure that we got all the stuff that we needed.

My husband did the installation and it did not take him very long at all. We were actually in the process of doing some renovation, so we installed the Frontpoint equipment before we had the work done so that we would make sure that our house was secure while we were having contractors in and out. Then, we had to take some of the equipment down just to accommodate the renovation and we reinstalled it and that was really easy to do too. There were a couple of power outages and we get notifications for those but there were no weird false alarms. We were having some construction done in our house, so the glass break sensors would go off a lot. We just turned them off for the time that we were having the hammering happening.

We use the app on our phone all the time and we love it. I’m glad that we upgraded to that because we definitely use it more often and it helps us to use the system more because we don’t always remember to arm it until after we’re gone. If we only have the key fob, the system wouldn’t really be used as much. When we’re heading out for the evening, we can just arm and disarm it when we need to. There’s peace of mind knowing that we can turn it off for our neighbor to come in to let our dogs out and then turn it right back on. My husband travels for work and having a security system helps me feel a lot more comfortable when I’m on my own during the week.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I bought a house out in the mountains and it’s 10 minutes away from the nearest police station or fire department. I wanted to make sure that when I'm away from home, I have peace of mind that my house is secure. Frontpoint’s prices were right for the services they offered and they seemed to have great reviews online. I did a lot of research and they seemed to be a reputable company which was why I chose them. I’ve only had to speak with a few people since I’ve had the system put in but everybody that I’ve spoken with has not only been very friendly but extremely knowledgeable.

I did the installation myself and it was extremely easy and simple. I had a few issues because I was in the middle of nowhere and my connectivity was a little bit tricky to get. I had to find where in the house had the best signal but one of the techs stayed on the phone with me for a really long time to help with that. He was super patient and he had great phone etiquette. He walked me through what to do and he gave me steps to write down so that I didn’t have to call back if I ever wanted to run the test again. I was happy with it.

I like the features that the system offered but with the basic package that I have, it doesn’t give me the option to manage my system online. It tells me if it’s armed but I can only look at what’s active on the system. I can’t arm and disarm my system through an app and without paying for the next level of membership, which is another $10 or $15 a month. I didn’t feel that for the extra money per month, it was worth having that access but it kinda is. I like having the ability to be online miles away from my house and check my security system and turn the security system on from my phone. Frontpoint should offer the online option for the basic package but other than that, I’m very happy with the product, the services and the customer service. The system is very easy to use and as far as the cost for the value, it’s a very good deal.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I like Frontpoint because over time, instead of doing the monthly payoff for the equipment, I can just buy it for a one-time fee and it's mine. I purchased a home security system for the family for safety reasons, and with Frontpoint, my sense of security has been good. The reps have all done well, and they have all been responsive. They do some updates, and the system has been fine. There was a time, however, when one of the backdoor sensors said it was low in battery and it wasn't turned on for four days. I called their IT department, and they fixed it.

When I purchased my system, Frontpoint was advertising a $400 bundle in order for you to get a home screen. It was very disappointing, however, when I received my package because it was a very old one. I called and in the beginning they were saying that it was not in our package but then they finally said, "Oh, okay. Yeah. We actually don't have that one anymore. We're getting a new one." I wish that was communicated.

It took them three weeks to send me a new one, but it was a square and didn't have the touchscreen. Once I received that one, I was supposed to send them my old one back, which I did through FedEx. The equipment got lost because the tracking never clicked through. Still, my credit card got charged $400 without any communication from Frontpoint, and it was very frustrating. Eventually, they found the equipment there in their facility but it wasn't checked in, and I got my money back on it finally. But five days later, they charged me again, and it was $200 for one of their equipment. I shouldn't have been charged that, so they returned my money. Their reps are still figuring out the bugs in communications with customers, and there was a pain point. Nevertheless, the reps were able to figure out and resolve the issues really quickly, and I'm happy with the equipment.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We were broken into two years ago and we also had two break-ins within a three-week period, so we needed a home security system. I wasn't getting any sleep after that second break in until we were able to get something because you hate to leave your house when stuff like that happens, and we both work. Our daughter had the Frontpoint system and she recommended it and offered to get it. We got it and we just transferred it, so we would pay for it. I feel so much safer with the system. It lets me sleep at night and lets us relax knowing the alarms are going off and that we are hooked to the police department. It is a stress-reliever.

One of the things I love about the system is that if I ran out the door and I forgot to set the alarm, which happens occasionally, then I can do it from my phone and I'm not stressed the rest of the day. I can also check to make sure that nobody forgot it if somebody left the house. We got one camera doorbell, but we haven’t hooked it up yet because we didn't have an existing doorbell here. I'm looking forward to getting it installed, which will be an added blessing. Right now, I'm very happy with the system and it has been good for us. It has brought some peace to us knowing that it's not a fake camera nor a fake system. I feel better knowing that we have a real system that will go off or we would get a phone call. Also, the ease of checking to make sure the system is set is wonderful. I would recommend Frontpoint to people that are not tech savvy such as me and my husband. It is simple to use but it is safe at the same time.

Original review: March 2, 2019

The place where I lived didn't allow security systems. I cancelled Frontpoint and then went back to them. The guy who sold me the system was great. Given the fact that I was a returning customer, he gave me an upgrade on some equipment and got me back up to date and all that goodness. I reinstalled everything and it was a complete pain. We had old sensors and they had backward compatibility set up with their system so, they had to work on that. I had to pop the back and do all that. Even after I did all of that, the sensors didn't align correctly with their systems and my alarm started going off for no reason at all. On top of that, even after I activated the program, Frontpoint never activated, so I just had it on test mode for six months that I was paying for it, and I had no idea it was on test mode. They remedied that and they gave me some compensation.

One time, we had a two-hour conversation and I told the guy that we were not getting off the phone until the issue was hashed out. So, he helped me get it all set up and I liked it a lot. I use everything as far as the smartphone features. Being able to take a look at who, what, when, where, how, and why is always a good thing. I also haven't had any major drawbacks since I got off the phone with the guy, so overall, the functionality and performance of the system is going well. It definitely helps in having a sense of security. Frontpoint is a great company and I haven't had an issue in the past with them, so I wanted to give them the opportunity to get my business back and see what they would do to work with me to get me what I needed to go forward. I've already recommended them to friends and I told them to make sure that they don't get backward compatible software and to just get the new stuff.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Scammers! Buyer beware when signing a new contract. I have been a customer for over 8 years and one day my panel went down. After calling customer service and attempting to remedy it, they informed me that my radio signal went down and I will need to "upgrade" my system. Being that I was out of contract, they needed me to sign a 3 year contract with them. I was okay with this and after some convincing they gave me a better monthly rate and some replacement equipment.

Everything was fine until I signed the contract and the equipment arrived. The system is definitely newer and more modern, however, we lost the feature to turn off all of our Z-wave lights with the button on the alarm panel. The argument was that we don't need that button on our panel and that we could always download the app on our phone. Another "option" was putting a tablet next to our panel for use. They also have a touch screen system, but we would have to pay the difference in cost. This is a matter of principle. Why would I have to pay more to restore the services I already lost? I know it's just a button feature, but making a long term customer pay the difference is just terrible business practice.

Needless to say, we are locked in a contract and lost a feature. The "three day" resignation begins when you sign the contract and not when you actually receive the equipment. And there's the kicker! After I signed my new contract, my old equipment mysteriously starting working again. This has scam written all over it, and to screw over an 8 year customer is a new low. Though I can't get out of my contract, the best I can do is tell consumers never to sign up for them. Tell your friends!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

The cost of monitoring my service is $45/month which is crazy! Other companies offer this service for $200/year these days. It seems like they sell their service for a lower price now but didn't proactively let me know. I'm really disappointed in Frontpoint. Technology and service models are changing but it doesn't feel like Frontpoint is changing quickly enough. Oh, and they make it a bit too difficult to cancel their service. I sent support an email explaining that i'd like to cancel. They referred me to another team that I would have to call. No, they couldn't just forward my email. And then when I call and talk with the rep, he says I have to respond by email. REALLY?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Stay away from this company and their contracts! I signed up for a $35/month system and for the first 30 days it was great. The day my trial period ended the app stopped working and so did features on my system. I then found out those were all extra!! So to keep what I needed my payment was $50/month. I was nervous about signing such a long contract but was assured if I had a big life event and called them and explained the situation they would work with me. I was told this is a family company.

Well when I called after being hurt and out of work seeing about changing to a lower plan or something to help me financially I was told I was still under contract and nothing could be changed until the last 12 months. I was told I signed the contract and had to keep paying my plan regardless. I even offered to pay out a portion of my remaining contract and was told I had to pay everything plus a ridiculous cancellation fee to cancel. So much for a family company! Be warned and don't make the mistakes I did.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

The best way to keep your home secure is by not allowing these crooks to get into your wallet. Three years worth of service paid for a system that never worked, called 45 days in to return due to it being inoperable and wanted 80% of that contract to cancel. Tried cancelling 2 months prior to it ending, and then they switch to you still have to pay another month on top of this one, which means 2 months worth.

Customer Service reps are by far the rudest, but probably because they are used to dealing with too many people who they have driven angry over the 3 years. Their customer retention rate speaks for itself and the fact that they put you on 3 year contracts with 80% penalty speaks volumes of their business ethics and concern for doing the right thing. Do yourself a favor and go with Nest and leave these prehistoric crooks keep ripping people off until they run out of them and they file bankruptcy. This has been the worst experience I have had ever with any company. Period!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR HOME SECURITY! I experienced 2 faulty products that almost created a house fire from a wiring shortage in the camera. I have a teenager and pets at home who are suppose to be safe, especially when having Frontpoint as a security system. When I discovered a window sensor burnt from the inside out due to the battery, I was done. I called Frontpoint’s customer service stating my reason for wanting to cancel my contract. Even with sending in proof of their camera almost burning my house down, I was told it would cost me $1,000 to end the contract with them. I refuse to use their products in my home any longer and I’m forced to pay the monthly bill until I have an extra $1,000 laying around to end my contract with them. TERRIBLE BUSINESS ETHICS!! If you’re in the market for a home security system, keep searching. Maybe for one that doesn’t have a contract, just in case.

Protect your property with a home alarm

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home security system for you.

Frontpoint expert review by Ben Mannes

Wireless smart home security packages start at $34.99/month with no contract required. Systems are self-installed and include 24/7 monitoring, crash-and-smash technology, fire alerts and medical protection.

• DIY installation: All Frontpoint equipment is designed to be installed by the customer.

• Mobile app: Frontpoint's mobile apps let you access your security system and control your home from anywhere you have an internet connection via computer or smartphone.

• Security features: Equipment packages include control panel or base hub, keypad, two window and door sensors, motion sensor, yard sign, window decals and door stickers. Glass-break sensors, smoke and heat sensors, indoor cameras and doorbell cameras are also available. Frontpoint equipment includes a three-year warranty.

• Movable devices: Frontpoint's wireless sensors are easy to set up and require no hard wiring, meaning the system can be moved to a new address with little effort.

• Equipment cost: With Frontpoint, you purchase your equipment outright. The upfront cost could be a few hundred dollars once you add extra sensors, remotes and other accessories.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Frontpoint Company Information