toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Frontpoint

We're so happy to hear that your system worked exactly how you needed it to and that the burglar was caught! Thanks so much for sharing your story with us and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you going forward.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

My brother passed away and it wasn't two weeks later when word got around the neighborhood. The neighborhood has gone down through the years and two guys broke in the house. My sister went online, investigated home securities, and saw what the comments and ratings were on everyone. We liked Frontpoint's price and my sister signed up with them. I'm in Pooler which is out of Savannah and my sister is in Cornelia, Georgia which is four hours away and we're both on the call list. The guys who broke into the house wanted to go back for a second trip but by then I already had the Frontpoint security system there and it got them. They had priors, got indicted, and are in jail now. We've had a really good experience with Frontpoint and I do appreciate it. Everything's worked out great and the house is still whole just locked up with the security system.

Frontpoint

It's great to hear that your system is working exactly how you need it to! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and please let us know if you ever need anything in the future.

Original review: March 3, 2016

I've been with Frontpoint for two years. Installation of the system was surprisingly easy. I just read the instructions and did what it says. I didn't have any issues whatsoever. I use their app quite frequently. It's very nice when I'm out and use the app to make sure that the system is armed. I haven't received any alerts though. Maybe that's something that needs to be set up.

The Frontpoint people I've dealt with have been extremely professional, friendly, and easy to deal with when there were a couple of questions that I had about the system early on. I also had to call sometimes regarding my monthly payments, as their website doesn't offer a way to modify that and my credit card situation has changed. All in all, they've been very helpful, polite, and right on the ball.

With Frontpoint, there's a feeling that I have that once I'm in for the night and the system's armed, I don't have to worry. Thank God we haven't had any incidents, but having it's a comfort, especially now that I do travel quite a bit. Sometimes I'm gone a month at a time and it's nice to know that the system is secure, and I can monitor it from wherever I might be. Frontpoint just works.

I have Frontpoint for about a year and my experience with them has been pretty good. Putting up the device was pretty easy, and they call me when it gets off. Frontpoint has good customer service. I'd recommend them.

Until now I’ve been happy with Frontpoint. Installation was frustrating! I stayed up until 6 in the morning because the smoke alarm did not want to stop beeping the whole night. And because they’re not open, I was about to cancel because of that. It’s a very hands on type thing. I'm a techie person but not the type who installs an alarm because everything’s wireless and it’s just sensitive, wherein normal sound can trigger it.

I have Frontpoint as my home security provider for eight years. Installing it was easy, I was helped over the phone and the instructions provided. Their customer service is great every time and I like their phone app a lot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Installing my device was very easy and once I got it all installed the set up with the Frontpoint people over the phone was easy as well. They're responsive through email every time. I added a carbon dioxide detector and a smoke detector and within 15 minutes I had a quote. I've also used the arming and disarming app which I find convenient.

I settled on Frontpoint because they appeared to be what I was looking for, and from all the research I could do, they were the best out of the reputable companies. There's been a lot of interaction with them and it's always been super good. I've spoken to very informative and knowledgeable people. Installation of the device is very simple and was quite enjoyable. I got the interactive features for both phone and computer and they work great. I'm glad that I have Frontpoint.

We had Time Warner Security and switched to Frontpoint because of the cost and the fact that they're wireless. My husband works third shift which is why we got home security. Frontpoint installation was simple as pie and we've been using them for almost a year now. The Frontpoint team was very friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, patient, and always there if I needed them. We always do the arming or disarming off of our phone and it’s awesome especially when we’re down the street or two hours later and realized we forgot to do that. The only thing I would like to suggest is for them to have a package that has the camera that could view the house instead of just the camera that’s on the actual monitor. Nonetheless, I love Frontpoint.

Installing Frontpoint's device was sort of easy as some of the smoke detectors were a little tough. Their sales representative, as well as their app, was good. I like it. However, it’s a little expensive for Canadian consumers just with the dollar exchange.

Frontpoint met my expectations. Installation was pretty simple. I had one device that was a little finicky but other than that everything went pretty well. I bought the device out of simplicity. We have baby sitters and there are three buttons that they can hit to send an ambulance right to our house. Receiving alerts on my phone is great.

Installing our Frontpoint device was simple. All the instructions were in the packet so all we had to do was connect the system. I called the representative who helped me set up everything. That was easy. And I just stuck the devices on to the windows and into the room. The only concern I have is the update in the system. It shut off by itself then I had to call and reactivate it. I called their service desk who helped me right away. It was taken care of within minutes. Frontpoint has been really great.

I have Frontpoint since I bought my house in October 2015. Installing the device wasn't difficult. I just didn't like the fact that I had to do it. But the instructions were pretty simple. Even when I didn't know what to do, someone was on the phone with me walking me through putting all of them in. Their phone rep was excellent. Frontpoint is pretty simple to use in terms of the keypad and I like that when my system isn't armed I always get an email alert which is really pretty cool.

I love Frontpoint. It's great. It works and does everything it's supposed to do. Their people walked me through installation and it was very easy. I just stuck it to the window. I use the app on my cellphone when I arm and disarm it. It's got a monitor thing with that. I've had a really good experience with the Frontpoint system.

A friend of mine turned me on to cellular connectivity technology via a competitor, and after doing even more research about that competitor and Frontpoint, I decided to go with Frontpoint. So far, they've been great. It took a couple of phone calls with them to walk me through the literature they sent me, and once I had the devices in place, calling them to activate each one has been easy. They also recommended products that were the best fit for what I was trying to accomplish. If I had an issue, customer service took care of it even at off hours. Even during the Himalayan blizzards that were hitting the East Coast, they've been available. When there is an alarm notification, they're responsive and call right away. Plus the mobile app has been really effective for monitoring the house when I'm away or travelling, or if I leave without setting the alarm.

I use all of Frontpoint's interactive features. My only irk is that the system doesn't seem to automatically update even though it is set to do that. It works fine for months but then at some point, it stops and you have to go through a two-hour long troubleshooting process with support that ends with downloading these updates that should be coming through periodically to keep it functioning. Also, when it breaks, it tends to break pretty hard. I'm not sure if it’s a programming or coding thing. But then their sales rep was quite pleasant.

We've used Frontpoint as our security provider for over a year now and they've been good. They're respectful and responsive. The device was very simple to install. Being able to access the system through the app is pretty good, much easier.

Resolution In Progress

Frontpoint

Our customer's satisfaction is one of our top priorities here at Frontpoint which is why we're going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to you shortly to address all of your concerns. Thank you for giving us your feedback and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I've had Frontpoint for a year now and its monitoring has been fine. However, I paid extra for the touch panel and it’s been a constant source of headache and call to tech support. It freezes very often. I did all these things that were recommended by tech support but eventually, they had to send me a new panel. And I’m still experiencing the same issues with it. The panel's not working and I can't arm or disarm the system at times. I have to completely reset, so that part has been really subpar.

Had Frontpoint for a little over a year now and their team has been friendly and professional. It's also very simple and convenient to use their arming and disarming app. Frontpoint always gives my family a sense of safety and it's a good security system overall.

I purchased the house in October of last year, and got Frontpoint's system around that point. They mailed it to me and I installed it myself. My alarm went off one time by accident when my daughter was having a slumber party. The girls were giggling and set the glass break off. It was annoying - all of the thousands of questions I was asked. After I told the rep what happened and gave my security code, she kept asking me more questions, "Are you sure you don't need us to send law enforcement?" I was sure. She even asked me for an additional security code after that.

Resolution In Progress

Frontpoint

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're glad to see that you were able to speak with one of our Support Supervisors and that they were able to address your concerns in detail. Thanks again and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you going forward.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

Frontpoint is a rip-off deal. We tried to install the system but the motion detectors never came on. They said maybe those are not the right ones so they sent other motion detectors. These still didn't work and they told me maybe it's too cold in the house. I was building this construction in the house then. Now we got everything squared away and it still does not work. They never called back to ask if there’s something they could do to help us or if they can try something. My wife tried to call several times but it's very poor communication. She got tired of calling them and now thinks it's a very cheap system.

Frontpoint has very bad service and the customer service is worse. They have no worth of price on the front, charge extra money each month and get people fined in the contract. That’s where they are making money. They keep taking money out and not even take this thing to make it work. We've had it for seven or eight months and had been paying $44 each month. I want to see if I could even stop them taking my money out for payment. I made a mistake and they tied us up on a two-year lease. I've been thinking about searching for another company so I could have an alarm system in my house. We're very disappointed.

I feel better protected having a security system. We have Frontpoint at home and it's doing good. Installing it was easy and self-explanatory. It was set up quickly. I had a couple of questions during the time I was installing so I called and their friendly reps were able to help me. I like the phone app because when I go out of town, I can look at my phone and see if I armed it or if I forgot to.

I had a great experience with Frontpoint. My daughter told me about them. She ordered it for me and they gave the device to her. She brought it with her from Washington to here in Tennessee and installed it herself. Their sales person was very friendly and offered advice. We took his advice and the device is working alright. I've had it for a year now and I feel much more secure having it.

My sister uses the Frontpoint home security system and she was really happy with it. The fact that my sister had such good service from Frontpoint and that their price was the best when we looked around sealed the deal so we went with them, too. It was super-easy installing the Frontpoint device. We've had it for almost a year, and everything's been really good. One time we had a false alarm. My mom would come to our house when we're out of town and forget to tell me she was coming so I didn't shut off the alarm. Frontpoint called me right away and everything was fine. We've also had a couple of times when we had faulty sensors and had to get some new ones, and all of these were sent to us right away.

I trust the security system and feel very confident in it. It gives a good sense of comfort. We love having access to and control over our system using the app. We use it more than the panel. It was the selling point for us. Everything's been really positive with Frontpoint and we've recommended them to a couple of other people already.

Frontpoint seems like a user-friendly system. Installation was easy. Instructions came with the box and I called the lady over the phone and she walked me through a few issues. She was absolutely friendly. The mobile app is a great feature. When I pull in the driveway, I can disarm the alarm without having to run into the house and push buttons. Having the system gives me a little more peace of mind when I'm away. It's been a pleasant and painless experience. I put it in and it works.

Frontpoint provides wonderful home protection and peace of mind, especially these days when people are crazy. Installation was really easy. We called them if we had any issues and they troubleshoot it over the phone. I also love having access to the system anytime anywhere. It makes things so much easier like an extra security layer because I know I can set it to when a door or window opens it tells me. If someone tried to enter our home without our permission we'll know about it. I feel a lot better knowing that I have extra protection like if I'm by myself before my husband gets home or when we're away from the house. Overall, Fronpoint is a really great company. The service is tailored to where I can pick and choose what I want. They really are more than willing to help me with anything I need. The price point is spot on and a good value.

I had an awesome experience in installing the Frontpoint security device. It was reasonably easy and the customer service is excellent. But the installation process is not fast. I had to make an appointment with somebody, sit on the phone with them for a couple of hours and go through each process and make sure each piece is working properly. But it's very well organized and the reps took it slowly because they want it to be right which is good. I also use the app online and on my phone to do various things with the system. Frontpoint has been excellent from beginning to end. Their service is awesome and every person I talked to was top-notch. It's been a really great experience.

My husband did some investigating, looked online for different security systems and how they're rated. My Frontpoint device is portable so I can install it myself and if I move, I can take it with me. The sales rep was very good, and the customer service is excellent. The only time that I ever had a problem was that the actual home screen had to be updated which I'm assuming any computer generated device has to do that. So the problem was setting off the alarm when it shouldn't have but that only happened once, I quickly called customer service and they figured the problem out.

I was doing some home automation and everything that I was doing related to my home automation had Frontpoint as the leading provider so I chose them. However, I didn’t like doing the installation all by myself. It's not really difficult, but I just wish there was some help offered. Nevertheless, I had excellent interactions with their reps and I definitely feel more secure now. I use their interactive feature regularly and it’s awesome. I just wish somebody could come to my home and give me a tutorial. If it was possible, there are more products that I want, but I'd like somebody to come to my home and help me with them. Overall, they’re a great company and it's a great product.

Frontpoint's device seemed very easy to set up and they were helpful in contacting and letting us know that we'd done the procedure properly. Their customer service has been great. The few times that we've had contact, it's been very positive. It's in my father-in-law's house and it's a good secure feeling because he is in assisted living, so nobody's in the location. We feel comfortable having a system installed.

I signed up with Frontpoint this year and it's less of a hassle compared to my previous home security provider. Frontpoint is easier to set up. Their reps were also friendly when I called to update the billing information. With Frontpoint, I feel better about leaving the house.

Frontpoint Company Profile