Formerly SecureYourHome

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

As the largest ADT Authorized Company in the United States, we connect you with the best local ADT Authorized Dealer in your area and send a technician out to install the system as soon as possible. Receive a free quote by calling or filling out the form, and we will work closely with you to figure out exactly what you need to help protect your home and family. ADT is the most well-known security company in the industry, and we strive to satisfy our customers by providing the best experience possible- from the sales and scheduling process to the installation and the ongoing monitoring.

BOTTOM LINE

SafeStreetsUSA offers five plans ranging from basic to comprehensive. Although they charge installation fees, it’s a good move to have any system set up professionally.

PROS

• Affordable options
    • Smart automation features
    • More plans than most companies

CONS

• Installation fees

Top SafeStreetsUSA Reviews

We moved to Arizona from Colorado and we will be traveling quite a bit. We thought it was smart to have a security system … I got everything that I expected from SafeStreets and there were no surprises … I’m perfectly satisfied with it and I will recommend SafeStreets.

I purchased a home security system through SafeStreetsUSA for my peace of mind. The cost was very adequate. The features are great and the quality of the equipment is good. I also use the smartphone feature and it's very convenient.

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

How does SafeStreetsUSA work?

SafeStreetsUSA is a registered provider of ADT security equipment — this means they install and provide monitoring for home security equipment manufactured by ADT. SafeStreetsUSA offers five different packages, some of which come with home automation features. Contracts are available with lengths of 36 months. There is no DIY option for installation, so a SafeStreetsUSA technician will install your system for you. Next-day installations are available in some cases.

SafeStreetsUSA cost

The cost of a SafeStreetsUSA security system starts at $36.99 a month for a basic package, all the way up to $62.99 a month for the most comprehensive plan. Certain additional technologies will cost more. Every security system must be professionally installed and will cost $99 for most systems, or $199 for SafeStreetsUSA’s premier system.

PlanMonthly costsInstallation cost
      Standard Monitoring$36.99/mo$99
      Premium Cellular$44.99/mo$99
      ADT Pulse Tier I Remote Access$52.99/mo$99
      ADT Pulse Tier II + Video Security$58.99/mo$99
      ADT Pulse Tier III + Video Security & Home$62.99/mo$199

SafeStreetsUSA plans

SafeStreetsUSA has five plans: Standard Monitoring, Premium Cellular, ADT Pulse Tier I Remote Access, ADT Pulse Tier II + Video Security, and ADT Pulse Tier III + Video Security & Home.

The Standard Monitoring package
      This is the most basic offer from SafeStreetsUSA and starts at $36.99/mo. Installation is $99. It offers:
      • ADT 24/7 monitoring
      • Digital keypad
      • Entryway contracts
      • Keychain remote
      • Pet sensitive motion detector
      • High-decibel alarm
      • Backup battery
      • Yard sign and window decals
      • Fire and smoke monitoring (additional cost)
      • Carbon monoxide and food monitoring (additional cost)
      • Touchscreen keypad upgrade (additional cost
      The Premium Cellular package
      The Premium Cellular package comes with everything included in the Standard Monitoring package plus CellGuard, which is excellent for those without a landline. CellGuard allows the security system to communicate wirelessly with the ADT monitoring center. Premium Cellular has the following features:
      • Everything in Standard Monitoring
      • CellGuard
      The ADT Pulse Tier I Remote Access package
      This package does exactly what it sounds like — it gives you the ability to control your system remotely. It has the following features:
      • Everything in Premium Cellular
      • Remote web and mobile access
      • Remote arm and disarm
      • Email and text alerts
      The ADT Pulse Tier II + Video Security
      The ADT Pulse Tier II + Video Security provides everything offered in the ADT Pulse Tier I Remote Access package, plus the ability to view real-time video of your home.
      • Everything in ADT Pulse Tier I Remote Access package
      • Real-time video viewing
      The ADT Pulse Tier III + Video Security & Home
      This is the most comprehensive and technologically advanced package offered by SafeStreetsUSA. It offers what all the other packages offer, plus extra technologies that generally come at an additional cost. This package includes:
      • Everything offered by the other packages
      • Lighting control
      • Thermostat control (additional cost)
      • Small appliance control (additional cost)
      • Door lock and unlock (additional cost)

SafeStreetsUSA equipment

SafeStreetsUSA installs all equipment professionally, and each installation comes with a six-month satisfaction guarantee. SafeStreetsUSA has enough home automation technology for those looking to have a smart home. Smart features from SafeStreetsUSA include:

• Video doorbell camera
      • Remote access
      • Mobile app to arm and disarm, control smart devices and receive text alerts
      • Door and window sensors
      • Carbon monoxide detectors

Do we recommend SafeStreetsUSA?

Yes. SafeStreetsUSA has five packages designed to accommodate the needs of most people, and their ADT equipment has a proven history. Their mobile app allows you to enable and disable your smart devices remotely. The installation fees might seem problematic at first, but it’s worth the peace of mind knowing your security system will be installed correctly, especially with SafeStreetsUSA’s six-month money-back guarantee.

SafeStreetsUSA Reviews

Original review: April 4, 2019

Today, there are so many people that break into houses. I've never been broken into before, but I don’t wanna be either. I have never had an alarm system before and I thought that I would be a lot more safe with one. ADT is a widely-known company and I thought they would do a good job. They wouldn’t be in business for as long as they have been if they weren’t doing a good job.

I've been with them for about three months now and it has been a learning experience. There have been three different times that I forgot to turn the alarm off. I went out the door setting the alarm off, then ran to the unit and punched it off. Then, the alarm company called me and said that there was an alarm at such and such exit. I said that I screwed up and they were really nice about it. They said that they were glad that I was not having a problem. They also always ask me for my security pin. Their response time has been good. I understand that they can't dial my number in just a second. They also gotta make sure it's an alarm before they send the police, who get upset with false alarms. But if somebody breaks into my house, they' won't be playing around. They're gonna come in and immediately go for stuff. I'm thrilled with my experience. If I moved and got another alarm, it would be with the same company.

Original review: March 15, 2019

We live out in the country and we figured a security system might be a good choice and everybody knows ADT so we figured we would go with what we know and call. Their reps seemed fine on the phone. They canceled on us twice during installation, but it was for a good reason. There were storms that were coming through so it was understandable. The tech came out and he was really friendly. He got it installed and explained it very well how to use it. He was very courteous and did whatever we wanted. He wasn’t just coming and drilling holes on our walls. He really wanted our opinion on how we thought things should look. We had a good experience.

What they offered covered our house pretty well. There was a little difference of opinion with my technician versus the person who had told us what we needed in our home because he kinda thought that us getting a deal was what they said over the phone of getting like two glass break sensors. The rep on the phone said that one glass break sensor would probably cover my whole house and the tech disagreed with that. It was a good thing ADT threw in an extra glass break sensor. The tech got it all squared away and it made me feel good that we had it and it got installed. The technician seems like he was very knowledgeable about it and his confidence was pretty obvious.

Also, I've seen a couple of things come to my house about basic packages. What they told me that I got was a basic package and it was advertised for $30 a month versus what I'm paying at $45. But it is what it is. Other than that, everything was pretty good. It makes me feel a little safer if I go out of town or something like that. I know that my wife has a little bit more protection. But it would be halfway nice to see it in effect and know that I am connected to some sort of dispatch or whatever that is calling to check in to make sure that we're good.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I was buying a new house across town, and I am recently divorced and my daughter was going off to college. So, in the process, there was an offer for a discount for new participants enrolling for a security system. Also, my insurance and banking company, USAA, would offer a discount on home insurance, and so I decided to get a security system. My first contact was through AT&T, and then somehow, I ended up with ADT. And then, they contracted with Safe Streets. I was notified that their technician would be coming to install the system. A lot of people would come to my house for a lot of different reasons, and I was glad that it was a relatively short time span to set the system up. They were able to get somebody over here in just a few days, so that was a positive.

The technician who came was good. He explained everything. It might have been helpful for someone to say that when the technician comes, there may be modifications, and sometimes, the payment is required because I was not anticipating having to pull out my checkbook on the spot and write a check. Other than that, the quality of the system is good. There's one problem that someone was coming out for this week. It's still kind of a mystery because ADT is getting an alarm for a ghost motion sensor. I don't have any, and it is at this patio door which I don't have. Also, part of the mystery is I’ve only gotten this notification in the last month, and the system's been in place since late November. So, that was a little bit weird. Otherwise, it's worked fine.

I've had a few alarms go off, but it worked the way it's supposed to work, so it wasn't an error. And the remotes are very handy. I'm happy to be able to use the remote for turning the system on and off. The system does what I wanted it to do, and I feel that if something happens, then it's gonna trigger a response really quickly. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We moved to Arizona from Colorado and we will be traveling quite a bit. We thought it was smart to have a security system. We used ADT in the past as well as 3M Alarm but there were not that many choices here in Lake Havasu City and we decided to go through SafeStreets because of convenience. We called them and the reps were fine to work with. I was in the alarm business for about 35 years in Minneapolis, so I knew which way to go. The installer had to drive down from Las Vegas to install the system because they don’t have a local office, but he was able to get the system in about four hours. He did a great job explaining how to use the system and what was covered. Also, he was very professional and timely. I knew what I wanted going into it so he was able to fill my needs exactly.

The quality of the security equipment is good and the parts do everything they are supposed to do. I’ve worked with a number of different manufacturers and the keypad looked like it was made by Honeywell, so I was familiar with it. However, I had one of the key fobs in my front pocket with a bunch of other keys and every time I bent over, I was triggering the panic alarm. I didn’t realize it and all of a sudden, there were three cops standing in my driveway. So, there was a good response from the central station and the Police Department. I got everything that I expected from SafeStreets and there were no surprises. I knew what it was gonna cost ahead of time. I’m perfectly satisfied with it and I will recommend SafeStreets.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I made the purchase of my first house and I wanted a home security system right from the start. Both my parents and my sister utilized ADT. And so, I went to the website and got connected with Safe Streets’ authorized dealer. Safe Streets' customer service reps were knowledgeable. We talked about the features in my home and they put together what I felt was a good system. They made some recommendations based off of my pets and the way my house was laid out. And also, they were willing to go the extra mile and try to put together a good package at a good price and give me the most features. I was very impressed with the sales staff.

The installation of the system went smoothly. The installer was there right on time, confirmed that what the sales had recommended for equipment was good, and talked to me about where we will be putting stuff for maximum coverage. We also talked about the future and why we’d placed a sensor here if we were gonna add a deck in the future.

Our system has got a lot of good features that I need. It’s not quite as modern of a touchscreen as one of the competitors, but I had zero out of pocket expense and the monitoring fees were less. My system has break sensors and a digital touchscreen. It doesn’t show video footage on it, but I can go on the app and I’ve got two cameras. So, it worked out well with regards to what my package was. Safe Streets' cost of service is great. Their monitoring cost is right on par with the competition, and the fact that I didn’t have to pay for any of the equipment because of the promotion that was running was fantastic. Everything with Safe Streets has been great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SafeStreetsUSA?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

We had the ADT system installed by SafeStreets- after 2 days, we decided to cancel as we did not like the 3-year contract. After canceling, I heard nothing for weeks- I reached out again and they had given me the wrong email address to send my cancellation letter to. They said they would honor my cancellation within the 3 day period because it was their fault that they had told me the wrong email. After the system was taken from my home, I called again to see when I would get my refund ($397.74)- the woman on the phone told me that I would have to pay thousands of dollars because I had canceled my contract. I explained to her that I canceled within the 3 day grace period and SafeStreets had given me the wrong email to cancel. She said she could NOT help me with my refund and that if Safe Streets did not cancel my account correctly- I would owe thousands of dollars to ADT.

I was extremely frustrated and talked to 4 different people at Safe Streets and ADT on that day to figure out where the miscommunication was. Finally, I was told that my account had been cleared out correctly and I was to talk to ADT about my refund. I called ADT and they told me that my refund would be issued after the New Year on the 7th of January- which at that time was a month away. I waited until 1/7/2020 which was the date I was told my refund would be issued. To my surprise when 1/7/2020 came, they CHARGED ME AGAIN for ANOTHER MONTH OF SERVICE!!!! I could not believe that not only did I NOT receive my refund but I was charged for another month of service when I hadn't had the system in my home for over a month!

I called ADT to figure out why I was charged AGAIN and why I had not received my refund. After being transferred twice and on hold for 15-20 minutes, he told me my account was not completed canceled out previously and said it would take another 15-20 business days to get my refund which is now another $55.50 more than the almost $400 previously owed to me.

I am so disgusted with the awful communication with Safe Streets and ADT. How in the world is it OK to take money from my bank accounts when I was over a month ago that my account was completed closed out- and I had spoken to 4 people in ONE phone conversation making sure my account was closed correctly. I guess I will check back in 15-20 business days to make sure I was refunded properly and for the correct amount. The frustration and the hours I have spent trying to get my money back are not worth the home security AT ALL! I would rather buy a RING system and set it up myself for the hundreds of dollars that I have YET TO BE REIMBURSED FOR!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

They came to my house and sold me a system. The tech came out and installed everything and showed me how to work it. I was given an option to get a ring doorbell for free or a camera outside. I chose the Ring doorbell not knowing (salesman failed to mention) that there would be a charge for services from Ring on top of the service you already pay for through ADT or you won't be able to view any of your past motion and it doesn't detect motion any longer. Kind of defeats the purpose of having it, right? I called the company and explained to them that moving forward customers should know that if you choose to get a Ring doorbell vs a camera then you WILL be charged after the first month just to have motion detection in your yard and they won't tell you when they come out so beware of this.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My wife and I were pleased with the technician that came to our home to do the installation for our new security system, he was punctual, friendly, knowledgeable and professional. He made suggestions for the locations to place the sensors for better home security. The technician patiently took the time to show two seniors how to alarm system works on the screen and our phones. He returned with the fire alarm system 2 days later. We didn't initially order one.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I had had no contact with anyone at SafeStreets or any of its agents and yet they still thought it would be appropriate to run my credit for an alarm system. It should be standard practice to have the permission of the person whose name and credit are being used to open an account. The fact that Jay (the salesman) claims no responsibility because he thought I was married to the person who provided my name is also ridiculous. That would mean that any third-party whose last name is the same as a potential customer is at risk of fraud and identity theft, because Jay and SafeStreets will happily run your credit and open an account in your name without ever having spoken to you. Regardless as to whether a third-party is related to a potential customer, the third-party should ALWAYS be aware that a credit check is being run, and an account is being opened in their name. Always.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I was researching home security systems and did an online inquiry with ADT. They called me several times every day but I was unable to answer. When I called them back during my lunch break, Maria was very informative and gave me great information and great quotes. When I told her I needed to discuss with my husband first she turned on the pressure. I asked how long the quote was good for. She said, "Only during this phone call." I again thanked her for the great information but still insisted I needed to speak with my husband first.

She insisted I should schedule an installation date. I again said I needed to discuss with my husband first. She then said “Clearly you are not being honest with me” questioning me and saying I must have other hidden reasons for not buying. I said “Wait a minute honey, don’t you dare tell me I am not being honest” and told her that was no way to secure my business. To which she responded “I didn’t have your business secured to begin with.” At that point I said, "Thank you very much but I won’t be doing business with you" and she hung up on me. I was totally prepared to buy until this conversation, and I hope someone from ADT reads this and cares enough to respond.

Protect your property with a home alarm

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home security system for you.

SafeStreetsUSA Company Information