Call toll free
4.51/5
Based on 223 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Formerly SecureYourHome

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest ADT Authorized Company in the United States, we connect you with the best local ADT Authorized Dealer in your area and send a technician out to install the system as soon as possible. Receive a free quote by calling or filling out the form, and we will work closely with you to figure out exactly what you need to help protect your home and family. ADT is the most well-known security company in the industry, and we strive to satisfy our customers by providing the best experience possible- from the sales and scheduling process to the installation and the ongoing monitoring.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

880 SafeStreetsUSA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

My son comes home from school by himself so I purchased a home security system for his safety. My boyfriend reached out to Safe Streets and I went with this security provider. The guy who came to do the installation of the security system in my home was really informative. The installation went smoothly and I’m happy with the equipment.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Recently I filed a claim with AHS for my garage door and it’s all automated and I don’t like automated because I like talking to people. It caused an issue because I didn’t talk to a person and they wound up having to refund me $75 because I was overbilled. It took me forever and ever and I had to contact them numerous times. When I would ask to speak with a supervisor, they would say they were not gonna change their minds. I've had to go through the sales rep for our area to get the refund. One time I called in regarding it and I asked to speak with a supervisor. They finally agreed to it but they kept putting me on hold, saying the person was busy and I finally got disconnected -- and that was after 45 minutes.

They have my e-mail address and my cellphone number so there was no reason why if it had not been a total disconnect because if they wanted to speak to me, they would have called me back. However, I've only had one bad vendor. The first gentleman that came out to repair my air conditioning walked in and was excessively rude and wasn’t even in my house 10 minutes and didn’t look at anything, just said it was whatever, turned around and walked out the door.

I've had American Home Shield before in Kentucky and haven't had the issues that I have down in Florida. The customer service down here is not as good. Everything is automated so when you call in, you don’t speak to a person so if you have multi issues with the same thing, you can’t tell them that. For instance, with the plumbing. I had the same issue with two different faucets but I couldn’t tell them that. I said that to the person at the plumbing company and that message didn’t get relayed to the contractor. Automated systems are okay for some things or to a certain point but then you need to speak with a person. I just got this refund this week that I've been fighting for. It took me forever. I've dealt with AHS before and it's not that they're not a good company. It’s just that my experience here in Florida has not been as good as I've had in the past.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

The rep from SafeStreets was very knowledgeable. During installation we needed to find a good signal area because we did it with a cellphone signal and he did very good. He also offered a couple of other system features but I didn't go for them because I just need to protect the house. I don't want the house damaged but the system works.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I bought a new house and I was living alone. When I was renting from my roommate, SafeStreets USA was who she had so I went with them as well. I just have the basic package, the touch keypad and the clicker on my keys. The installation was good. The guy showed up on time, installed everything and he suggested that I might wanna get the glass break on my big sliding glass door because if somebody would to throw a rock through there, it wouldn’t set off the actual alarm. So, he was super helpful. I’m probably gonna end up putting the glass break in on my sliding door. It’s just too expensive right now. Nonetheless, the cost and their features were great. In fact, my dog got out of his kennel last Sunday and that set off the motion sensor, and their reps called to let me know. I'd tell ‘my friends that SafeStreets USA has a fair price and that they're getting the protection they need for their home.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I have always wanted a security system and there was an increased crime in the area. SafeStreets is affiliated with ADT. They got good reviews and a lot of people in the area have ADT so, we went that route. When I signed up for the program, the interaction I had with their reps was excellent. The gal that I talked to explained how the program was gonna work as well as the billing process and it was exactly as she said.

The gentleman that showed up to install the system was very professional. We told him the features that we wanted and he had his own suggestions on how to better secure our house and garage so it worked out great. He also walked us through the whole process about the smartphone feature. It’s a simple system and it’s user-friendly. The phone app works great and I can monitor the system wherever I am. I am more at ease at leaving our house and property. I like that we can secure the area when we leave either for a short time or a long duration. When we’re still in the house at night, there’s also a mode to activate everything and with SafeStreets, there is an overall sense of security.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SafeStreetsUSA?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Safe Streets USA offered the best deal and the sales rep was pleasant. The technician was also very professional. I like the features of the system, like the touchscreen, and the quality is decent.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The person who installed the alarm from SafeStreets was good. The installation didn’t take that long. However, the rebate was kind of confusing. I didn’t like how you only had a little bit of time with it because you're moving and you got a lot of things going on. The remote is also kind of expensive but the features of the system are good.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We bought a new house and the inspection company that we used recommended Safe Streets. The inspection company was also able to help provide some information and set the program up right through them. It also didn't have an extra step. We used to have Time Warner when it was Time Warner, as it's Spectrum now, and they are similar. However, Safe Streets is a little bit easier in terms of setting up and scheduling. I definitely give a kudos to our salesperson who was really great and thorough, which always makes the experience a little bit more easy. He was nice and he texted me beforehand to make sure that I was there in a good time and everything he would need to install was there. He also actually came out to the house beforehand to make sure 'cause the little system that was already here was really old. He was able to figure out what we needed so that it would be good to go ahead of time.

The features of the system are good and we have more of basic ones but they work well. We have enough for us and we don't have too much where it's over-complicated. So far, we're really happy with it. We use it mostly at night to make sure we're covered while we're sleeping and we feel much better having it. It's definitely a good sense of security. We live in a nice neighborhood, but one just never knows. Nobody ever robs a bad neighborhood. The cost is good too as the monthly fee is inexpensive. The equipment can certainly add up and they at least offered to pay it over time, which was good. We would definitely recommend Safe Streets to a friend and tell about our great experience.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

We had a company doing the security system before but the contract expired and they didn’t have any local technicians. I had ADT before and the service is pretty much the same plus I feel more comfortable having somebody local versus somebody out-of-state if I have issues. The SafeStreets reps showed up on time and were friendly and helpful. When the installers came in, they checked everything out and went over everything with me to make sure they were doing what I wanted and they did. They also knew what they were doing so I felt good about that. Then they cleaned up after.

I’m happy with the system’s features. I removed the motion sensors since I have a cat and the cat used to set the motion sensor off. I just got window sensors. The alarm panel is also more upgraded than what I had. With SafeStreets, I've gotten my money’s worth and I’d recommend them. They’re one of the #1 alarm companies and I’ve gotten good service from them.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I purchased a home security system partly to get a better insurance rate and because I was moving to an area that I was not that familiar with. Somebody recommended SafeStreets USA so I got them. The installer seemed well-informed and was very personable. He walked me through all of the different options that were available and recommended additional equipment. But the cost shoots up very quickly and is a little higher than I expected when you start adding other options like glass break, another sensor here and there, and a motion detector. Nevertheless, I like the features and I’m impressed with them. Some of the options are great wherein you can have the fob and just turn it on and off remotely. I’m also interested in the fact that I can shut down certain zones and have the system speak or not speak. I’ve never had an alarm before so it’s interesting for me and my wife feels safer. All in all, I was very impressed and I'd definitely refer them.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

The guy from SafeStreets who did our install was great. I also dealt with some guy named Dave on the sales and he did pretty well too. I was impressed. I like the system's features. What I signed up for was supposed to be mostly free but then once it got here I had to do a few more windows and it was a little more than I wanted to spend but I’m pretty satisfied with it. I also like the quality of the equipment.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

When I was in the military, my home in New Orleans had ADT security. It’s a good company. So when I bought a house in Atlanta, they were the first company that I went with. Safe Streets was the most customer-friendly among the different ADT people who called me. I also had a really excellent service from the gentleman who came to my house to install the system. He was professional and he explained everything to me and didn't try to upsell me anything. One time, I called him to ask if he could come by again to show me something. I also told him that one of the sensors kept falling off the piece of plastic when I opened the garage door. I couldn’t get off work until midnight, but he came at 12:30 at night to my home and fixed it. So everything has been super great.

Safe Streets said that the basic stuff would cover free equipment, but I had a lot of windows in my 2,000 square foot home and the master bedroom is on the main, so I made sure that I had the things downstairs to make me feel more secure and added more onto the basic install. When I’m not at home, I can put up the alarm. I also have the alarm on even when I’m at home at night. I have the panic button in my bedroom as well, in case of an emergency. The gentleman also said that I could divide the payment for the install into three payments, instead of one right away. But I thought as soon as I finished paying for that, I would just get one bill from the ADT monitoring. I didn’t understand that they were two separate entities until I got two bills in the mail, which they could have explained to people. Other than that, I was very happy with my experience with Safe Streets and I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I thought of getting a home security system for peace of mind and a better rate for my insurance. ADT put me in contact with SafeStreetsUSA. Everybody was super nice. It wasn’t a whole lot of trying to upsell me. I just told the rep what I needed and he said what he could for me. He answered all my questions and then set up an appointment for me. The installers were awesome too. They helped out when there was a whole snafu with my phone line not hooking up. The issue was through Frontier. The installers said they were gonna hang out for a while, while I’ve gone with the customer service of Frontier. And then Frontier said they fixed it, but it still wasn’t fixed on Frontier’s end. Then the installers told me not to worry and that they would come back the next day.

And then right then, Frontier called me and said they found the problem and that they would fix it right that time. The installers hung around and squared everything away. They were immaculate about making sure everything looks nice. They put all the wires up and they were professional. I’d recommend SafeStreets. I like the features in my system and the cost for the quality of the system is really reasonable. Also, any time I had a problem, they took care of it. When my chime wasn’t working, someone came out the next day and squared it away for me. Plus, their price point is really good, compared to some other places.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Safe Streets is a good company to go with. They offer digital and wireless on the controls of their home security systems. I purchased a home security system to protect my house and the gentleman from Safe Streets who came out and hooked up the system was very nice, professional and knowledgeable about the equipment. He also answered all my questions. I like the features offered in the system and its quality a lot. Its cost seems to be in line to the quality of service too. Since we've had the system, we feel more protected and safe.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I’ve been an ADT client when I lived in my previous apartments so I wanted to continue with the alarm system. The installation was great. SafeStreet's technician was efficient and on time. The system's features are very practical, convenient and easy to use. I'm feeling safe.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I had a home security system but it was outdated. I got the prices around and decided to try SafeStreetsUSA. I like the convenience and I was pleased with their team’s knowledge and willingness. I really enjoyed the guy whocame for the installation too. He was down to earth and just talked and talked and he was pleased to do his job. I'm also satisfied with the system’s features and I like the equipment’s quality. Go with SafeStreetsUSA.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I decided to have a home security system installed for insurance purposes and SafeStreets was cheaper. Their rep came, shook my hand and he was very nice. He asked me where I wanted the system and I told him exactly where. He installed it, set it all up for me, showed me how to use it. I like the ability to turn the system on and off from the mobile app. I also have two Ring devices which SafeStreets installed which are very nice. I have a little child and she gets on and off the bus and I feel a lot safer knowing that she can turn the alarm on and feel safer herself.

Original review: July 30, 2018

We just moved into this house and it already had a system in place, so we wanted to get it activated. My experience with Safe Streets USA was nothing but good. The sales rep was good, although the guy that installed the system was a little mouthy. He was open to talk about anything, but I prefer an I'll-stick-to-business-and-get-the-job-done type of person. Nevertheless, the features offered in our system package are nice and the actual quality of the equipment itself is all good. Also, the cost is at par. I recommend Safe Streets and I would tell others that it's a value-added system. It's worth the effort.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I bought a new house and a home security system was part of a package deal when I changed my utilities. Safe Streets was recommended. The gentleman arrived on time and he was very polite. He showed me how to work the system and then he left. So far, I am impressed. I like knowing that whenever the door is open, I hear the system. I also like that I could look on my phone to check and see what's going on inside my house, especially when I'm away. That makes me feel a little bit safer. I like the features of the system, but I'm going to have to expand. I need more cameras and get the doorbell thing too. The cost is good and really reasonable. Overall, the system is reliable and the people are nice.

Original review: July 29, 2018

We’ve lived in our neighborhood since 2001 and the last couple of years, it seemed like things have gone through the roof crime-wise so we decided to do something with it. I looked into some information online, talked to a couple of people and I wanted to go with the best with ADT. SafeStreetsUSA called me several times and finally, I was able to talk to them and get all lined up. However, I got a problem with the motion sensor in the front. It has gone off several times. I changed the battery out in case that was the problem but that was not the issue. SafeStreetsUSA walked me through some troubleshooting steps and asked me a bunch of stuff this morning. I asked them to just send a guy out. I got the system on June 1st and the battery especially, should last a lot longer.

I also mentioned to the guy from ADT who called me that I’m a little disappointed in the Ring doorbell. When I talked to the SafeStreets folks and they sold me on the plan, I asked if I will be able to record information on my cameras. They said that I can on my two ADT cameras but no, I couldn’t. I talked to the Ring folks to set it up so I have to pay the extra $30 a year so, there was a little bit of an issue there. Still, I really like the camera and the ability to be able to record. The other two ADT cameras are nice to have. I can pull them up and look in case there is an alarm or something going on.

Original review: July 28, 2018

My mother was sick and we needed to keep her house secured. We have ADT in our house and I wanted to go with them for my mom's house as well. Brian from SafeStreets did a fabulous job on the installation. The internet wasn’t installed correctly so he had to come back a second day. He was very professional and he met all our needs. I also love the quality of equipment installed. I love the smartphone features as well. We got a really good price on the system. The cost was very reasonable. I am very impressed with SafeStreets.

Original review: July 27, 2018

The pricing with Safe Streets is actually more than the other providers. I was trying to keep the cost down and got the basic package, but their installer tried to sell me more equipment. I particularly like the key fob thing in case I need someone in an emergency. But the first time I had to use the system, I was by myself and I hesitated. Then the alarm went off because I forgot to hit a button and then they called me. So I wish there was a note card that I could keep in my wallet to make sure I did it right. Other than that, the equipment looks fine and everything is as I need it.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I used a home-grown security company in Louisiana before and when I came here to Georgia, I needed to pick a home security system. I went with Safe Streets USA because I knew I would be using ADT equipment which was best known to me. The cost was comparable to what I had before, but this system has a lot more bells and whistles than the one I had in Louisiana. So, even though the monthly fee was a little bit higher, it wasn't a problem for me because of what I’ve received out of that.

From the sales rep down to the technician that came in, everything has been wonderful. But I was concerned because I set off the alarm accidentally a couple of times and I never received a phone call from anybody to ask what happened. But when I called in, they let me know that was because I had caught the alarm soon enough and they understood that when the alarm rang for just a few seconds, there wasn’t much to worry about, and so that settled the issue.

Everything else has been fine. In fact, I'm even considering getting in touch with them to add a camera and some flood lights at the front end of my house. I was really excited about the Ring, the doorbell with the camera, and it now also has the motion detector flood lights with the camera on. That’s what I’m really interested in and what I’d like to get. Also, the smart phone features are really good and I enjoy them, and I’m glad that I’m able to access my alarm system. My experience with Safe Streets has been great and I really love it. They sent me a written survey that I filled out and I gave them rave reviews.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We finally bought a house and when we moved in, getting a security system seemed like a good idea and it seemed that more houses on here have the signs in the yard for ADT. We had gotten the extra thing in the basement, some motion sensor, a camera, glass breakage, the smoke detector and the one which tells you if it freezes or not. I’d like to have something more on the garage though. The guy that installed the stuff was nice and we liked him. However, we had a problem with a scam. We had gotten stuff from someone who said they were from ADT but were not. I called up Safe Streets USA to see if the system was being monitored because the people had gotten me wondering. Everything seems fine though. We use the smartphone features all the time and it works well. Having it the system feels good. We like it mostly for when we go out to the lake for a week and we can look and see what’s going on via the internet.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have a home security system as a preventative measure and have had it for, give or take, 2 months now. The quality of the system's feature is good and they're exactly what we expected, so we're satisfied. Safe Streets USA has been doing a good job too. The installation and the process leading up to becoming one of their customers was easy and then there was not a real huge transition that took place. So, it was simple on my end. I would assume if an issue was to arise, then they would address it promptly. So, working with Safe Streets is convenient since the consumer does minimal work and it's more on the provider.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I bought a house and thought it’s better to have a security system. I searched online and called the ADT customer service, who directed me to SafeStreets. My interaction with the rep was nice. The rep answered all my questions and explained very well. However, the installation took some time. The system's features are nice. The arm stay and arm away features are very useful and I like them. I'm satisfied with the system. It's nice and useful. One time, I pressed the wrong button and caused the alarm to go off. Someone called me and confirmed. Plus, they sent the police to my home. I'd tell friends that if they want to install a new security system, I can recommend SafeStreets.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I wanted a home security system and the discount I received from Safe Streets USA made me go with them. I had a brief phone call with their reps and they were all right. The installer was in and out. It took him a few hours to finish the job but he stayed to himself and did what he had to do. He also explained to us how to use the system. My package was a little customized. I got a lot of windows so I got the shatter box. Moreover, I have more than three entrances so I got five door alarms. However, I'm not sure why I have to pay extra to use the mobile function. That should be standard. It's another $10 a month so I don't use it.

Original review: July 14, 2018

We've wanted to get a home security system for quite some time and went with Safe Streets after seeing some infomercial about it. We got a standard package which I like overall, though, the touchpad is a little outdated so I hope for it to be more slick.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The representatives I dealt with were great. They gave me all my options, told me what options I could get later on if I wanted to and answered all questions I wanted. On the installation, I was given all the options and told how things would work or why the technician had to pick somewhere as a spot. It was very easy and straightforward, and the technicians were all great and professional. They got stuff done in a timely manner.

I have a large room with six regular windows two skylights and a sliding door. So they put the one that would go off if anyone breaks those things and they put a tamper alarm as well. The technician explained everything, which was great because my old system didn't have any of that. His explanation included how I could set up with the app if the alarm was not turned off by a certain time.

Having Safe Streets is different and a whole lot better as a whole compared to what I had before. It would be like comparing a cellphone to a rotary phone. At my old house, all I had was a two-door alarm and a control pad. But now, the system would say which door or window is open. I also like the camera thing. If my alarm is set off for some reason, I can check out my phone and see if there is, at least, someone in that room of the house. Before, I would be informed that my alarm went off but if I'm somewhere else, I can't see if it's a faulty alarm or if somebody's in my house. The cost is also on par with the quality of the system.

Original review: July 12, 2018

The tech who did the installation for our home security system was good and the system basically covers everything that I need for my situation right now. I have exterior and interior cameras, as well as the glass break sensor. It sometimes triggers if we slam the door too hard so I know it's sensitive enough to catch something. The platform on the app sometimes lags a bit behind real life but it's naturally gonna do that. And sometimes, it has a bit of trouble linking out but normal tech loads and there is nothing that's not helpful. The only thing that I wish I can do from the app is to set a schedule to something like arm the system at 10:00 PM every night and disarm it at 5:00 AM. I can only do that through the online portal. But other than that, everything's fine so far.

SafeStreetsUSA expert review by Erin Raub

Choose from 6 security packages for $28.99-$62.99 a month with a 3-year contract. Systems include home automation options, a professional installation fee and extended limited warranties on all but the lowest package.

• Same day installation: In many cases, new customers can have their system installed the same day they sign up for service.

• Insurance discounts: Nearly all insurance companies offer a significant discount on homeowner's policies with proof that the home is secured with an ADT alarm system.

• Money-back guarantee: Thanks to SafeStreetsUSA's partnership with ADT, the protection provided by the alarm systems is guaranteed. If any problems cannot be resolved, ADT will refund the installation charge or the first six months of payments.

• One-hour installation window: SafeStreetsUSA gives customers a one-hour window when their installer will arrive, and 99 percent of installers arrive during that timeframe.

• Package options: SafeStreets USA offers a wide variety of home security and home control packages. Consumers can see all the options, the included features and the prices on the company’s website.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

SafeStreetsUSA Company Information

Kent
WA
www.safestreetsusa.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business