4.40/5

Need a home alarm?

Formerly SecureYourHome

As the largest ADT Authorized Company in the United States, we connect you with the best local ADT Authorized Dealer in your area and send a technician out to install the system as soon as possible. Receive a free quote by calling or filling out the form, and we will work closely with you to figure out exactly what you need to help protect your home and family. ADT is the most well-known security company in the industry, and we strive to satisfy our customers by providing the best experience possible- from the sales and scheduling process to the installation and the ongoing monitoring.

BOTTOM LINE

SafeStreetsUSA offers five plans ranging from basic to comprehensive. Although they charge installation fees, it’s a good move to have any system set up professionally.

PROS

• Affordable options
    • Smart automation features
    • More plans than most companies

CONS

• Installation fees

Top SafeStreetsUSA Reviews

02/21/2019

We moved to Arizona from Colorado and we will be traveling quite a bit. We thought it was smart to have a security system … I got everything that I expected from SafeStreets and there were no surprises … I’m perfectly satisfied with it and I will recommend SafeStreets.

03/07/2019

I purchased a home security system through SafeStreetsUSA for my peace of mind. The cost was very adequate. The features are great and the quality of the equipment is good. I also use the smartphone feature and it's very convenient.

Need a home alarm?

How does SafeStreetsUSA work?

SafeStreetsUSA is a registered provider of ADT security equipment — this means they install and provide monitoring for home security equipment manufactured by ADT. SafeStreetsUSA offers five different packages, some of which come with home automation features. Contracts are available with lengths of 36 months. There is no DIY option for installation, so a SafeStreetsUSA technician will install your system for you. Next-day installations are available in some cases.

SafeStreetsUSA cost

The cost of a SafeStreetsUSA security system starts at $36.99 a month for a basic package, all the way up to $62.99 a month for the most comprehensive plan. Certain additional technologies will cost more. Every security system must be professionally installed and will cost $99 for most systems, or $199 for SafeStreetsUSA’s premier system.

PlanMonthly costsInstallation cost
      Standard Monitoring$36.99/mo$99
      Premium Cellular$44.99/mo$99
      ADT Pulse Tier I Remote Access$52.99/mo$99
      ADT Pulse Tier II + Video Security$58.99/mo$99
      ADT Pulse Tier III + Video Security & Home$62.99/mo$199

SafeStreetsUSA plans

SafeStreetsUSA has five plans: Standard Monitoring, Premium Cellular, ADT Pulse Tier I Remote Access, ADT Pulse Tier II + Video Security, and ADT Pulse Tier III + Video Security & Home.

The Standard Monitoring package
      This is the most basic offer from SafeStreetsUSA and starts at $36.99/mo. Installation is $99. It offers:
      • ADT 24/7 monitoring
      • Digital keypad
      • Entryway contracts
      • Keychain remote
      • Pet sensitive motion detector
      • High-decibel alarm
      • Backup battery
      • Yard sign and window decals
      • Fire and smoke monitoring (additional cost)
      • Carbon monoxide and food monitoring (additional cost)
      • Touchscreen keypad upgrade (additional cost
      The Premium Cellular package
      The Premium Cellular package comes with everything included in the Standard Monitoring package plus CellGuard, which is excellent for those without a landline. CellGuard allows the security system to communicate wirelessly with the ADT monitoring center. Premium Cellular has the following features:
      • Everything in Standard Monitoring
      • CellGuard
      The ADT Pulse Tier I Remote Access package
      This package does exactly what it sounds like — it gives you the ability to control your system remotely. It has the following features:
      • Everything in Premium Cellular
      • Remote web and mobile access
      • Remote arm and disarm
      • Email and text alerts
      The ADT Pulse Tier II + Video Security
      The ADT Pulse Tier II + Video Security provides everything offered in the ADT Pulse Tier I Remote Access package, plus the ability to view real-time video of your home.
      • Everything in ADT Pulse Tier I Remote Access package
      • Real-time video viewing
      The ADT Pulse Tier III + Video Security & Home
      This is the most comprehensive and technologically advanced package offered by SafeStreetsUSA. It offers what all the other packages offer, plus extra technologies that generally come at an additional cost. This package includes:
      • Everything offered by the other packages
      • Lighting control
      • Thermostat control (additional cost)
      • Small appliance control (additional cost)
      • Door lock and unlock (additional cost)

SafeStreetsUSA equipment

SafeStreetsUSA installs all equipment professionally, and each installation comes with a six-month satisfaction guarantee. SafeStreetsUSA has enough home automation technology for those looking to have a smart home. Smart features from SafeStreetsUSA include:

• Video doorbell camera
      • Remote access
      • Mobile app to arm and disarm, control smart devices and receive text alerts
      • Door and window sensors
      • Carbon monoxide detectors

Do we recommend SafeStreetsUSA?

Yes. SafeStreetsUSA has five packages designed to accommodate the needs of most people, and their ADT equipment has a proven history. Their mobile app allows you to enable and disable your smart devices remotely. The installation fees might seem problematic at first, but it’s worth the peace of mind knowing your security system will be installed correctly, especially with SafeStreetsUSA’s six-month money-back guarantee.

998 SafeStreetsUSA Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I'm writing in to express my gratitude for Logan... Logan showed up on time and was very kind and very personable. Logan had explained everything that he was doing. Logan had started out by checking our cellular service to try and get the package that was quoted to us. Unfortunately Logan was unable to get the cellular connection so he had explained that because we were not in a great cellular network area we were unable to get the package that was original quote, so Logan went the extra mile and he hooked it to the main phone line and placed the Lynx box right near the phone.

After Logan installed the box next to the phone he then started to get the sensors set up. Activated the motion censored in the main room, placed that on the wall above the curtains and went around the house to place all the sensors on the doors and door walls. After he installed the sensors in the house he installed the motion sensor in the garage. Logan also explained in great details on how the key fobs work and explained that we can activate the alarms from the fobs or that you can set the alarm from box that is near the phone. At first he had put the front door exit time at 30 seconds, but I had him change that to give my dad a few extra seconds to go out of the house. So before Logan left he was able to change the exit time on front door to 60 seconds.

Logan also explained that I would be able to disarm or arm the alarm from the key fob or right from the box. He gave my dad and I the booklet of how the box works and how to set the alarm. In the very end he asked if we had any other questions. Or if we needed any more key fobs. We decided to get a third key fob for a backup. He explained that the extra key fobs were 90.00 and we said that is fine and we will take one. Logan is a great asset to your company.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

SafeStreetsUSA's reps were super nice and friendly, and were easy to work with. They set up an appointment. The guy came over and set everything up. He asked a lot of questions, did everything quickly and knew what he was doing. I was surprised because I’ve never had a security system put in before and it was so professional-looking when he was done with it. It's a good system and it works nicely. We like it.

The whole family laughs at the different “doors open” and it lets you know that somebody opened the door, which is great because we know it’s working and we know somebody went through the door. The tech said it might annoy us, but it doesn’t. We appreciate that it tell us which doors have opened and who’s coming in and going. Also, if you break one of the seals on the windows or you move in the living room when it’s set up for away, it would go off and call the police. We have fire protection that calls the fire department. That’s pretty decent.

There’s an app and my favorite is the fob. It’s the easiest because you have to get your keys out anyway to get in so you just push the button and it makes loud beeps. You can hear it out in the driveway. But you can also remotely let somebody have access to your house and turn the alarm off for them with the app, which is really cool. Plus, we have a little camera in the back that you can see the driveway. If anything happens, the police or the fire department are at your door. These things make me feel more comfortable.

It could be argued that the cost was maybe a little more expensive than we thought it should be. We looked online because they sell you the individual parts. They give you a package, which is never enough to cover your house, and then they add things to it. But the things that they add are a little more expensive than if you went and bought them, say, on Amazon. But that’s just a one-time fee and it makes sense because SafeStreets brings the system to your house and they install it. It’s a little additional cost but it’s reasonable.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I purchased a home security system as a preventative measure, and Safe Streets USA had the best offer. The salesman was nice but was a bit annoying. He stalked me until I told him I had some things I had to do. I was going out of town and I had to take my credit freeze off. I told him that my house won’t be ready for a few months and that I was not in a huge rush, but he literally called me every week. I told him to stop calling me and that I will call him when I’m ready. He was very clearly wanting to get the job, but it almost made me not want to give the job to him.

Their salespeople should not be so aggressive. It was also really sketchy that they don’t send any estimate or paper over, and they asked for my credit card before that. The salesman told me, “You just have to trust me,” and it was their policy to get the $99 deposit before anything happens. At first, I was gonna oblige but I realized that I was being dumb and I couldn't just give it to a random person. He solicited and I filled out something online, then I got a call from him and the other company, so it very easily could have been fraud. They could have just sent someone or could have called me saying they were from a company, then get my information and take my money, and never call me back.

If they say they are from Safe Streets and they send me an email with a Safe Streets estimate, then it is a different thing. The installation experience was fine, although they didn’t install the sensor on a specific door that I had wanted it on. I don’t live there yet and the house isn’t quite ready so I figured once I move in, I will call them and see if I could get the extra sensor installed and set up.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I was buying a new house across town, and I am recently divorced and my daughter was going off to college. So, in the process, there was an offer for a discount for new participants enrolling for a security system. Also, my insurance and banking company, USAA, would offer a discount on home insurance, and so I decided to get a security system. My first contact was through AT&T, and then somehow, I ended up with ADT. And then, they contracted with Safe Streets. I was notified that their technician would be coming to install the system. A lot of people would come to my house for a lot of different reasons, and I was glad that it was a relatively short time span to set the system up. They were able to get somebody over here in just a few days, so that was a positive.

The technician who came was good. He explained everything. It might have been helpful for someone to say that when the technician comes, there may be modifications, and sometimes, the payment is required because I was not anticipating having to pull out my checkbook on the spot and write a check. Other than that, the quality of the system is good. There's one problem that someone was coming out for this week. It's still kind of a mystery because ADT is getting an alarm for a ghost motion sensor. I don't have any, and it is at this patio door which I don't have. Also, part of the mystery is I’ve only gotten this notification in the last month, and the system's been in place since late November. So, that was a little bit weird. Otherwise, it's worked fine.

I've had a few alarms go off, but it worked the way it's supposed to work, so it wasn't an error. And the remotes are very handy. I'm happy to be able to use the remote for turning the system on and off. The system does what I wanted it to do, and I feel that if something happens, then it's gonna trigger a response really quickly. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: March 15, 2019

We live out in the country and we figured a security system might be a good choice and everybody knows ADT so we figured we would go with what we know and call. Their reps seemed fine on the phone. They canceled on us twice during installation, but it was for a good reason. There were storms that were coming through so it was understandable. The tech came out and he was really friendly. He got it installed and explained it very well how to use it. He was very courteous and did whatever we wanted. He wasn’t just coming and drilling holes on our walls. He really wanted our opinion on how we thought things should look. We had a good experience.

What they offered covered our house pretty well. There was a little difference of opinion with my technician versus the person who had told us what we needed in our home because he kinda thought that us getting a deal was what they said over the phone of getting like two glass break sensors. The rep on the phone said that one glass break sensor would probably cover my whole house and the tech disagreed with that. It was a good thing ADT threw in an extra glass break sensor. The tech got it all squared away and it made me feel good that we had it and it got installed. The technician seems like he was very knowledgeable about it and his confidence was pretty obvious.

Also, I've seen a couple of things come to my house about basic packages. What they told me that I got was a basic package and it was advertised for $30 a month versus what I'm paying at $45. But it is what it is. Other than that, everything was pretty good. It makes me feel a little safer if I go out of town or something like that. I know that my wife has a little bit more protection. But it would be halfway nice to see it in effect and know that I am connected to some sort of dispatch or whatever that is calling to check in to make sure that we're good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SafeStreetsUSA?

Original review: April 3, 2019

The SafeStreetsUSA guy that did the installation was great. He explained everything multiple times and got everything set up. He set the alarm off and made sure everything worked. The system works well and people should get it.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Today, there are so many people that break into houses. I've never been broken into before, but I don’t wanna be either. I have never had an alarm system before and I thought that I would be a lot more safe with one. ADT is a widely-known company and I thought they would do a good job. They wouldn’t be in business for as long as they have been if they weren’t doing a good job.

I've been with them for about three months now and it has been a learning experience. There have been three different times that I forgot to turn the alarm off. I went out the door setting the alarm off, then ran to the unit and punched it off. Then, the alarm company called me and said that there was an alarm at such and such exit. I said that I screwed up and they were really nice about it. They said that they were glad that I was not having a problem. They also always ask me for my security pin. Their response time has been good. I understand that they can't dial my number in just a second. They also gotta make sure it's an alarm before they send the police, who get upset with false alarms. But if somebody breaks into my house, they' won't be playing around. They're gonna come in and immediately go for stuff. I'm thrilled with my experience. If I moved and got another alarm, it would be with the same company.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I was researching home security systems and did an online inquiry with ADT. They called me several times every day but I was unable to answer. When I called them back during my lunch break, Maria was very informative and gave me great information and great quotes. When I told her I needed to discuss with my husband first she turned on the pressure. I asked how long the quote was good for. She said, "Only during this phone call." I again thanked her for the great information but still insisted I needed to speak with my husband first.

She insisted I should schedule an installation date. I again said I needed to discuss with my husband first. She then said “Clearly you are not being honest with me” questioning me and saying I must have other hidden reasons for not buying. I said “Wait a minute honey, don’t you dare tell me I am not being honest” and told her that was no way to secure my business. To which she responded “I didn’t have your business secured to begin with.” At that point I said, "Thank you very much but I won’t be doing business with you" and she hung up on me. I was totally prepared to buy until this conversation, and I hope someone from ADT reads this and cares enough to respond.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I had had no contact with anyone at SafeStreets or any of its agents and yet they still thought it would be appropriate to run my credit for an alarm system. It should be standard practice to have the permission of the person whose name and credit are being used to open an account. The fact that Jay (the salesman) claims no responsibility because he thought I was married to the person who provided my name is also ridiculous. That would mean that any third-party whose last name is the same as a potential customer is at risk of fraud and identity theft, because Jay and SafeStreets will happily run your credit and open an account in your name without ever having spoken to you. Regardless as to whether a third-party is related to a potential customer, the third-party should ALWAYS be aware that a credit check is being run, and an account is being opened in their name. Always.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My wife and I were pleased with the technician that came to our home to do the installation for our new security system, he was punctual, friendly, knowledgeable and professional. He made suggestions for the locations to place the sensors for better home security. The technician patiently took the time to show two seniors how to alarm system works on the screen and our phones. He returned with the fire alarm system 2 days later. We didn't initially order one.

SafeStreetsUSA Company Information