4.54/5
Based on 189 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Formerly SecureYourHome

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest ADT Authorized Company in the United States, we connect you with the best local ADT Authorized Dealer in your area and send a technician out to install the system as soon as possible. Receive a free quote by calling or filling out the form, and we will work closely with you to figure out exactly what you need to help protect your home and family. ADT is the most well-known security company in the industry, and we strive to satisfy our customers by providing the best experience possible- from the sales and scheduling process to the installation and the ongoing monitoring.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 19, 2018

804 SafeStreetsUSA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

We purchased a home and when we were moving, Porch reached out to us and told us that they had a relationship with ADT and that they could help introduce us to a service provider that would help expedite us finding a home security system. And it was Safe Streets. The Safe Streets reps were attentive, responded to emails, and gave me their personal information so I could reach out again. They were respectful of the fact that we were not in-house yet and that I was paying for service for a house I was not living in, so they took my credit card information and said that nothing will be charged until I approved it.

The package that was given to us seemed to be all-encompassing and it is very satisfactory in terms of what was included in it. We have the motion sensors, all the doors, all the monitored fire and carbon monoxide and all that stuff. Then, the installation process was painless. The technician was super helpful and very conversational but respectful of our space. He asked if he could move things and what our aesthetic preferences were. The only thing that was a cause for alarm was the size of the unit. It was like a large brain and I did not know where to put it. But the equipment has been good so far. The interface is good and the touchscreen is very nice. It has a slightly dated aesthetic for my very modern looking house but that's not my call. So, I'm very satisfied with it.

I'm paying like $44 a month and it is in line with what other people tell me they pay for their own security. It is not an exorbitant amount considering that you use it every day and your family is safe. Overall, I have had a very good experience with Safe Streets. I still have the customer reps' phone number as well as the installation technician’s if I ever needed it and I have not needed it. have recommended them to my father-in-law.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 18, 2018

Getting Safe Streets USA for my security system was a good deal. The installation was quick. I’ve had no issues at all. Also, the equipment is great. It meets what I was looking for. I would recommend the company.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Everybody in my condo home had a home security system and SafeStreetsUSA is my first one ever on my first property ever. I chose them for the price and my interaction with the sales rep was awesome. The gentleman that came to our condo was very pleasant to work with and he was very informative. He came at the time that I was told he would come, did the installation, and had called upon when he needed to explain something. The installation took him only about an hour and the moment he was completed, he walked us through everything. And then he was on his merry way.

I highly recommend SafeStreetsUSA. The installation process was quick and easy, the monthly expense is affordable and fair, and the customer service is very attentive and supportive. The features offered in my system are great but I wish that the cellphone application wasn’t an additional cost. I travel a lot, so my girlfriend’s very appreciative to have that in the home. SafeStreetsUSA definitely makes us feel a lot safer and thankfully, nobody has tried to break in.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I purchased a home security system to lower my monthly rate on my homeowner's insurance. Safe Streets was the first one that contacted me and their deal was pretty good that I couldn't pass it up. It was free equipment and all I had to pay for was the installation. They explained everything and they didn't try to hide anything. It was pretty straightforward. Everything was installed, and they didn’t mangle up my house and make a mess. I like the system's features. It’s pretty nice that I'm able to do the ADT Pulse through the phone and check whenever somebody has come in and whenever somebody’s at my front door. Safe Streets is really easy to work with and I had a great experience.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I looked into purchasing a security system for our home partly due to the insurance benefit and partly for security when I’m not there. Safe Streets USA is a brand that I'm familiar with, so I went with them. My interactions with the customer service rep were straightforward. He was good, explained everything very well, and got the installation done very efficiently. The installation was very quick and it was all done in one afternoon. The features that are offered in our system are sufficient for the tasks that they're supposed to do. The security equipment is unobtrusive and its quality looks good. I’ve used the smartphone features for my laptop and these are impressive. Safe Streets' home security system is good, solid, and sound. It seems to perform very well and I would recommend it to others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SafeStreetsUSA?

Original review: April 14, 2018

My experience has been good with them. The house was wired with ADT equipment and the installation team came in and tweaked it. They put in some interior motion sensors. The installation team was fine. I have no criticisms at all. I was happy with them. Also, the features of the system were all fine. We're using it. We've only had one alarm because the dogs went up the steps and ADT detected something in the house. The police were supposed to come but didn't show up. We were at Dover and nobody was in the house but the dog. Nevertheless, we're satisfied with the price. It was reasonable or we wouldn't have done it.

One thing is, I just came from out of the country and I'm not used to this. It's a little annoying to have to lock everytime you leave and unlock coming back. If I had thought a little more about it, I might not have bought it in a community that had as many incidents or reports with the police department, but neither here nor there and that's not up to ADT. We also get so many calls following up things that we do or haven't done. They are more annoying than anything else.

Original review: April 8, 2018

The people who I've talked to from SafeStreetsUSA were great. I told them what I wanted and I got the home security features I requested. The tech who came to install the system was very nice and did a good job as well. The system works fine too.

Original review: April 7, 2018

We just moved in to our house and I wanted backup security when I'm not at home. SafeStreetsUSA's price was cheaper than other providers. Also, all of the people who I've talked to from this company were cool. When the guy came to install the system, we talked for a little bit and he helped me figure out how to use it. He was respectful too and he didn't leave a mess anywhere. We've had the system for a couple of months now and it works good. I only have to turn it on and off.

Original review: April 6, 2018

We needed a home security system and we went with Safe Streets since that was the most commonly used one within the area. The system's features are up to date and I like the quality.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Safe Streets is one of the best security systems there is. Their customer service rep was excellent. Everybody helped me get it installed and running without any problems. The technician that came out was extremely helpful and he was quick. I love the features in my system and I was told that I could add on if I decided I wanted to later on. The quality of the equipment is extremely good, and I've been much more comfortable since having Safe Streets.

Original review: April 4, 2018

The home that we bought was already fitted for a security system. One of the families before had it, so we already had a lot of the equipment. We also wanted one of the Nest thermostats, which was the cherry on top. We had a very good interaction with Safe Streets USA's reps. They were very thorough and outlined all the possible equipment that we needed as well as how much it was going to cost. I didn’t feel like they surprised us with any added fees. Moreover, the cost was fair and the equipment was easy to use.

The installation was smooth, but it took three hours, which was a little longer than expected. The tech, as well as the features, were very good. We have a few windows and doors that have the sensors. We also have the glass sensors if the glass breaks and a camera in our back alley. We're happy with how the system works. I would recommend Safe Streets USA.

Original review: April 3, 2018

There are general opioid problem and more drug use in my area, and going with Safe Streets was something I meant to do and finally got around doing. I called them and my dealing with their rep was fine and I was told exactly how to use everything. When he set it up, I also had a couple of other family members here so that they would know how to gain access to the house. The installation went fine, too. The technician was friendly but not overly friendly. He went about his business and did his job.

However, I have a complaint about my system. It is so loud when I turn it on and it is annoying. When I put in my pin, it screams at me right away. I can't get away from it because the minute I put the last number in, it's screaming at me loudly then a minute later, it does it again. But that has to do with the particular system and I don't know if they're all like that. I have their booklet and there might even be some instructions about it but I didn’t get that far. Otherwise, it's fine. In terms of the cost in relation to the quality of service, it's worth it when I weigh everything. I'm a senior citizen on a budget and I don’t like the idea of something going on month after month, but it is something that has made me feel a little better and my children feel better about me.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We wanted protection and Safe Streets USA was our first option. Safe Streets had a good customer service. The installation was quick and the features and the prices were good. We've had the system for about two months now. We feel safer and everything's good. We would tell a friend to get it if they needed and wanted it.

Original review: April 1, 2018

The company that works with the real estate agent recommended SafeStreets. I've also used them in the past in Kansas City. I have one sensor that they called and asked what the issue was. And so it was fine. I appreciated the call. It took them two or three weeks to make the call, however. So I didn't know how attentive they were. Also the installation was fine. The guy was there for about half a day and everything went well.

I added some features to the original package as well. I put in a glass break detector. I've put in more window units and more sensors than what comes with the original package. They could have a cost of a very small amount but it ends up being like 10 times than when you're really putting a system that actually works. Nevertheless, I was happy with the experience. I'd recommend them to a friend. However, people from SafeStreets should need more visibility that their name has changed. When I called, I didn't even know it was SafeStreets now because I knew it as ADT.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I figured that I needed a home security system. When I looked up ADT, the number of Safe Streets USA came up and we decided to go with Safe Streets. The reps were nice. The salesman was good and he explained the service to me and what it would cost. I was satisfied with that, so I scheduled in. I just got the basic package. I just wanted a security system, although I live in a safe neighborhood. During the installation, the guy was here for 45 minutes and his work was done. The quality of the system that I got is good and the cost is okay. The features of the system are great and I'm satisfied with them. But one of the things that I was supposed to get, which I didn’t get, was a thing for my insurance company. Nevertheless, I would recommend Safe Streets USA.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I've been used to living in Europe. It's a little bit safer there so, getting a home security system from Safe Streets USA was our logical response moving to the States. I signed up online to get a phone call which I received a few days later. The guys explained what was possible and then a few days after that, we had a technician come out and explained what the options were, walked us through it, gave us pros and cons of what to choose and what it was going to cost. So, we had a good idea of what we were spending and what we were getting for our money and how it was going to work. Once he finished explaining it, he installed the system. The whole thing took 90 minutes and it was pretty quick.

We were able to customize our package based on the layout of the house and the fact that we are generally home. If we were renting our house, we would've done something different. We are happy about the features that are in the system. For the area we're in, the features are efficient. Before I moved to Europe, I had ADT growing up as a kid and the technology has evolved nicely from what it used to be and there is a big difference in comparing the services then and now. We didn't have things like the grass break before, which is a cool technology. We tested it, we dropped the glass and we saw the glass break feature went into action so, we know it works. We also like that there's a key fob and all those stuff so, it's easy to use.

On the other hand, we found a lot of things interesting, but not necessary, like the video camera type of stuff. We also have a dog so, we didn't want to do the motion sensor because that would be a lot of false positive. The smartphone features are pretty cool, too, which I would look into if I were to move to a different part of the country with a different sort of security requirements. Other than that, the overall performance of the security system has been excellent and the cost is good as well. Safe Streets is good.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Somebody had recommend ADT to us and we've had them before. We moved from Arizona to Overland Park, Kansas and we transferred the service over, and the transition was a fairly smooth. The customer service has always been good. The reps have been professional and they've gotten back to me right away and explained things to me. The installer who came out was really knowledgeable and offered us certain other things within the house that we could purchase. We also discussed more extensive things and he talked us through these, and he gave us his opinion on what would be the best for our house. So, our installation experience turned out really well. In addition, we were able to customize our package. The service seems to be flowing nicely, but luckily we haven't had to test it yet. ADT is a reputable company and they provide very good service at a good value. We've had ADT in a couple of areas and we're happy with them.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We have an ADT alarm from Safe Streets USA and they promised me a $100 gift card and they never came through with it. However, they offered the best deal so I chose them. In addition, their customer service was good. The installation person though was very pushy about what you need and what you don’t need, tried to sell more stuff. Other than that, I can’t complain about the quality of their equipment. It's very good. But, instead of calling me first, they’ve been calling my friends. I have told this to their customer service. They hang up every time I call to try to get it rectified.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I wanted to protect my house and my family so I purchased a home security system. I had a different home security system prior to using SafeStreetsUSA, but I didn’t like the way they operated. SafeStreetsUSA is better. When I inquired about it, I thought I was going to get at least one camera. But then, I would have to pay a higher price. So, the only thing I have from them is the monitor. The cost is not that bad in comparison to others. The installer did a very good job and explained to me everything about the monitor. We've been with them for two months now and we are more secure with SafeStreetsUSA. I’m glad I have them.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have my SafeStreets alarm hooked up but I’m still trying to figure out the buttons. I don’t want to set one off and have the police come that I don’t need. I have the motion detectors and it’s what sets off the alarm. The installer who came was good. Since having SafeStreets at home, it tells me what doors to open. It has been a good service and I’d tell my friends that it’s a good system.

Original review: March 21, 2018

In October of 2017 I contacted what I thought was ADT home security. The salesperson "James" proceeded to sell me on a home security system. He began to explain to me that there was a three year contract which I was hesitant about seeing as I only wanted to have a security system installed because I was going to sell my home and I knew it would be a good selling point.

So as I continued to ask the salesman about ways out of the contract he assured me that if I sold the property and the new owner signed a new agreement with ADT that they would void the remainder of my contract. Now come to find out the company that sold me the system is not ADT. It is just a Dealer of ADT systems. Now, I called them before I finalized my house sale and informed that I will be canceling my account and the new owner will be taking over the equipment and signing a contract with ADT. They continued to bill me so when I called to straighten it out the operator I spoke to from ADT cancellation department told me that they will forgive my contract agreement and as of today will stop billing me.

Now upon conversation with this "Safe Streets USA" they claim the only way out of my contract is to pay them the remaining balance or I can BUY a new system from them and continue service at my new address. The new owner did indeed sign a contract with ADT SafeStreetsUSA claims because the new contract was signed with ADT directly that I still have to pay off the last 2 years of my contract. Did some research and there are numerous complaints about the same problem not to mention the horrible attitude from the service reps.

This type of deal should not be allowed. They lie to you and fail to explain all the hidden little details that if you knew would keep you from purchasing their service. They are scam artists and rip offs. Nobody should use this company for any reasons. They want to charge people 44.99 a month for absolutely nothing because if you leave your "equipment" behind like they assure you that you can they will screw you. People today are being taken advantage of on a daily basis and it should not happen. There needs to be legal actions taken against this company and the many others like it...

Original review: March 21, 2018

We wanted to feel secure and safe when we're not home and even when we're home. My godparents have SafeStreets and they had a good experience with them so we also went with them. The reps were accommodating with any concerns that I had. They answered all my questions. They were good. Also, the installer was very knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and helped me out with anything that I needed to do with the app. He made sure that I knew how to work everything before he left and he did the work clean. I like the app where it shows the map and everyone in the area. If they see any suspicious person or anything, they can upload and they can share it with each other. For the most part, the cost of the system was really good. As long as you have the phone and a strong WiFi connection, you don't have any issues. Everybody recommends SafeStreets.

Original review: March 20, 2018

My ADT system was set up and it works well. The ADT Pulse app sometimes takes a hot minute to connect, but other than that, everything's great with the system. However, SafeStreetsUSA's rep was highly pressuring me for multiple add-ons but that’s probably part of their job. I had to tell him multiple times what we were going with. If you're putting in an alarm system, it’s not like I just woke up one day and said, “Oh, you know what? I want an alarm.” I’m in the middle of the cable company, in the middle of moving, in the middle of everything else and I just don’t have time for the song and dance. They should just come in here, get the stuff connected, make sure it works and tell me how to connect to it. Furthermore, I got charged $99 to start up and there was supposed to be a $100 gift card sent to me. It was supposed to take six weeks or so, but we got the system around mid-January and we haven't received it. Other than that, it’s a solid system and I’ve been happy with everything.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I was thinking of my family's safety when I purchased our security system from SafeStreetsUSA. Their customer service reps and the guy who installed the system did everything they were supposed to do. Everybody was fine and we had good interactions. I got a standard system that looked easy to run, with very nice equipment, and with a fairly decent cost. I'm pretty much satisfied with it. I like that it's got a key fob too. But what really surprised me was the smartphone technology for the system. Since we've had our SafeStreets security system, I feel more secure during the day given that I work at night. I would recommend SafeStreets.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I wanted to be on the safe side since I was in a new home and in a new area. Safe Streets contacted me and a technician came out to install the security system. A customer service representative also guided me through the process of getting the promotion that they had. It went off without a hitch. So far, the service is worth the cost. But the initial contact might have left out some costs that I wasn’t expecting in regards to some of the installation of the window sensors. If that had been included in the initial sales pitch, I would have been more prepared for it. But other than that, the system does the job. This was my first installation and Safe Streets was a pretty good company to deal with.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I live alone, and I've had a home security system before that included the windows. But I switched and I went with Safe Streets. The rep that I worked with was great, and the conversation just flowed. The guy was also terrific during the installation. The features in my system are everything that I need. It's a standard one, the basic door motion sensors, but I feel like the windows should have been included. The quality of equipment is fine, and the cost was reasonable. If my friends were looking for a system, I'd definitely recommend Safe Streets.

Original review: March 12, 2018

My wife and I had just gotten our first house and a home automation was something that I felt that would make me feel better knowing that there was something there with her. I work nights and my wife is there alone. I got a really good deal with Safe Streets. The man in customer service that I spoke with was thorough and explained everything really well. He was clear and there was a no confusion. An installer came and was done in 45 minutes. He did a good job and also explained to me in detail how to use the system. The cost of the system was pretty reasonable and the price they gave stayed the same so that was nice. I have the five entryways, motion sensor and a security camera. The alarms are nice and loud and the touchpad seems like good quality.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I had just purchased a home and there's just myself and my son. I wanted to make sure that I do everything I can to keep us safe. I went through ADT and they assigned me Safe Streets to me. My interaction with their reps went well and the customer service is really good, which is important to me. Then, the installation tech was professional. He explained everything to me what I was getting and how it would work, and also showed me how to use the mobile feature. I like that I can check from my phone some work if anything's going on. And, I can arm the alarm system from my phone if I forget when I leave in the morning. I picked the highest package, the one that had the camera. I've also got an extra camera or an extra motion device, but I would like the motion lights outside to have been included. Still, the quality of the equipment is very good and I'm satisfied with what I paid.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I’ve used Safe Streets at my last place and it was reasonable so I went to them when I had to start all over again in a new place. I called their 800 number and their sales agent was great and hooked me up with an appointment. The technician took care of everything and was awesome. I had to run out to get my girls and come back to my mom, who stayed there. He helped my mom understand the system too because she stays at the house sometimes. When I got back, he also went over it with me. He was super patient and showed me all the different options. He went over some upgrade too if I was ever interested but no pressure.

I love the system I have right now. I got all the doors set up so that’s great. I’m really interested in the video surveillance that the installer showed me. He has it so he showed me his house and it’s so quick and clear. I didn’t do the video yet but that’s something that’s on my radar to get in the near future. Also the equipment’s quality is really good. I used the app all the time and I use the main console as well. I use the phone to arm and disarm the system all the time. It’s easier for me with the kiddos instead of having to rush or run off the house before it's set. The price is good and the peace of mind that the system has is worth its cost.

And I love the alerts I get on my smartphone. There were a couple of times that the kids forgot to set the system right or they went back in and I got the alert on the app right away. Everything is really on point so I like that. Safe Streets is super easy to use and the equipment is really modern that makes it really intuitive and user-friendly. I’ve used them before. It seems reasonable. I did look online in terms of prices or what have you but because I was familiar with them and they seemed good I decided to stick with them.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I wanted added security and to feel comfortable in the house. My son and I both travel and we wanted to have the house secured while we're away. We also wanted to have a system that we would be able to pull up on our cell phone to see what’s going on. We liked the deal of Safe Streets and also the $100 rebate. I spoke with the reps, and they were very informative. I told them what kind of system I was looking for, and they gave me several options and I chose one. I settled on an install date, and then everything went smooth. The installation was great. The technician arrived on time, and he explained everything he was going to do. He spoke with me and did the installation in a timely fashion.

I've had Safe Streets USA since the middle of January, and I liked the features they offered. I have multiple windows and then I have a sliding patio door, so I wanted glass break. We were able to customize our security system, and right now, everything is working fine. The cost of the security system may be a little pricey, but I feel more secure and I can leave the house knowing that the house is protected. I have the cameras and the alarm system. Safe Streets USA is great, and I would tell a friend not to pass up the opportunity.

SafeStreetsUSA expert review by Erin Raub

SafeStreetsUSA is one of the largest ADT Authorized Dealer in the nation that operates in nearly all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The company prides itself on offering excellent customer service from highly qualified employees.

• Same day installation: In many cases, new customers can have their system installed the same day they sign up for service.

• Insurance discounts: Nearly all insurance companies offer a significant discount on homeowner's policies with proof that the home is secured with an ADT alarm system.

• Money-back guarantee: Thanks to SafeStreetsUSA's partnership with ADT, the protection provided by the alarm systems is guaranteed. If any problems cannot be resolved, ADT will refund the installation charge or the first six months of payments.

• One-hour installation window: SafeStreetsUSA gives customers a one-hour window when their installer will arrive, and 99 percent of installers arrive during that timeframe.

• Package options: SafeStreets USA offers a wide variety of home security and home control packages. Consumers can see all the options, the included features and the prices on the company’s website.

• Best for: Homeowners and hands-off consumers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

SafeStreetsUSA Company Information