Call toll free
4.46/5
Based on 201 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Formerly SecureYourHome

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest ADT Authorized Company in the United States, we connect you with the best local ADT Authorized Dealer in your area and send a technician out to install the system as soon as possible. Receive a free quote by calling or filling out the form, and we will work closely with you to figure out exactly what you need to help protect your home and family. ADT is the most well-known security company in the industry, and we strive to satisfy our customers by providing the best experience possible- from the sales and scheduling process to the installation and the ongoing monitoring.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

836 SafeStreetsUSA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 13, 2018

Since will be moving, cancelled ADT. This is the thing. I paid for extra equipment but the agent told me that after cancellation, all "equipment" will not be functional including chime. WHAT!!! The agent said I will get discounts at new house. Sorry. I won't used ADT again. I can't even use chime!!! As a loyal customer for the past almost 10 years. Used ADT in 4 different houses. I am ditching ADT. BTW, my monthly bill is $55! SO... be careful. Do NOT purchase extra "equipment" because they will just be junks on the walls!!!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I live with my fiancé here in New jersey and she’s not from here. We decided to get a home security system to make her feel safer and one of the factors that affected our buying decision was the reviews. We also liked the ADT name and they were the first one to contact me. It sounded like a reasonable deal, too, so we went with Safe Streets. The person I talked to was professional and good. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about and answered all my questions. I have friends that are in car security and I have an idea how to break-in to get around the system. So, I asked him certain questions like backup battery and cell phone. I also asked if the cops would still be called if somebody had a little black box to shut the cellphone’s signal off. He told me how the system worked and it fit the need that I was looking for.

The installation was really quick which is nice if you didn’t have too much time to have a person come in and install the equipment. The guy that they sent was pretty much able to pinpoint every angle to cover any concerns that I had and he put the motion sensor right in the spot where you can’t get anywhere in the house without that thing seeing you. I’ve purchased additional equipment as well but I cannot connect it because I don’t have an admin code. It's supposed to be technically my system but if I want to add more stuff, I got to have somebody come over. I found a way that I could hack right through it but I didn't want to touch it. So, I just left it alone.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I liked the idea that I didn't have a big down payment at Safe Streets. Everybody there was nice and helpful. I was given a date when the installation guy would come, and though he was kinda late, he was efficient and it went well. Over the phone, we had already discussed what I was gonna buy so he put in what we had ordered on the phone and he explained it all to me. I had a little bit of trouble with the system being a little oversensitive, but I'm over it. My husband passed away so I was living by myself. I'm hearing impaired and I was a little afraid, but now I feel much more secure.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I'm 84 and I got a heart problem. And sometimes, I’m alone during the daytime. My daughter and my grandson, who are my caregivers, are on an alternating basis. SafeStreetsUSA seemed to be the right choice at the right time. It just gives them great security knowing that I’m locked in, and the alarm would go off if someone tried to get in. Their customer service reps were very informative and accommodated us in every way that we needed.

Also, I have the little box in my bedroom, and I thought it was gonna bother me, but I love it. My grandson lives in the same house with me, and so he goes in and out different doors. When he goes out to work in the morning, the little box says the door was open if the system was not on full alarm so I know when he’s leaving my house and when he comes back. It keeps me alert to where he was and it’s always nice to know. I’m pleasantly happy with SafeStreets and the performance of it, including the added security that it gives me when I happen to be alone here. I’m very comfortable and glad I got their system.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I was contacted by Safe Streets USA after I moved into a new home. The installer was very professional and friendly. The system is good versus the quality. But I have seen the monthly fees advertised cheaper since I bought mine. Other than that, they've been helpful. I live alone now and having the system is good. The dog will always take care of things but he would jump and play with a stranger versus shake them off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SafeStreetsUSA?

Original review: May 23, 2018

We just bought our home, so we were new and figured purchasing a home security system was the best thing to do given the investment that we just made in the home. We were put in contact with SafeStreetsUSA and we got a good deal as part of the moving package when I changed my address with the postal service. Our interaction with their reps was positive. They, however, did a little upsell after we got it. When they came, I didn’t realize the extent that they were gonna do and I ended up having to pay more for some additional stuff. It was a little frustrating, but, overall, they were all helpful. The installation was fine and the installers were also helpful. The guy helped me customize the features when he set it up, so I didn’t change any of the settings or anything after the fact. He helped me get all that going up front. They walked it through with me and pointed out the number of doors and the number of windows that we wanted to protect.

The security equipment has been very helpful. I use the smartphone features and I sometimes check while I’m at work. A lot of times, when there are workers doing work in the house, I can see when they come and go. The system is great. It’s a little overpriced, but it’s worth it given the investment in the home itself. I’m happy with my experience with SafeStreetsUSA.

Original review: May 22, 2018

SafeStreetsUSA is a good company but they need better installers. We have an in ground pool and we wanted to have it on the screens. I also felt like there was a way that we could have that but it felt like the installer wanted to get in and out of my ceiling. Then, we have sliding doors which we more or less got for my infant son because we don’t want him to crawl outside and go to the pool. We were supposed to be able to open them but we can't, not even to have a breeze in since we live near a lake, because it sets the alarm off. Other than that, their customer service rep was helpful when I called them months go. The features on the system are also really good and I like that I can leave my house and know that my animals are safe when I’m not home.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We moved here two years ago and we’ve never had a home security system and we wanted to get one. I answered the stuff on the internet to try and get quotes, and they started calling me from all kinds of places. And ADT was the most affordable one. The sales reps were able to answer any question I had and they guided me through most everything. The installer was also very friendly and he explained everything very thoroughly. The features offered in our system are good and easy. That’s what I care about the most and as long as it works. I customized the package because I wanted to be able to control the system through my phone when I’m away. It’s good to have it and to have that peace of mind whenever I’m away in a distant city. It’s also affordable.

Original review: May 21, 2018

My wife wanted a home security system and after doing research, Safe Streets was the best sort. My interaction with the sales rep was good. The installers got everything done quick and they showed us how to use it. We were able to customize our system a bit such as how many doors and windows we wanted to do and the smoke alarms. However, I had one door malfunction. It kept falling off and I had to figure out how to fix that. But other than that, there’s been nothing wrong with it. The smartphone features are simple to use. I got the little finger button where I can disable my alarm or set it. I’d be lying if I say the cost of the system is fair. But Safe Streets has been good so far and my wife likes to have it when I’m not there.

Original review: May 20, 2018

My experience with SafeStreets has been very good. I initially looked at do-it-yourself type of systems and at those with monitoring then I decided to go with the one that had the most reputation. When you put up a sign or window decal, it’s important to be recognized. SafeStreets had plenty of options in terms of features and the gentleman who did the installation was very knowledgeable. He explained the options so it was a positive experience. The biggest issue we had was the frequent billing. Sometimes, we were charged twice a month. It took two months but we got that straightened out. As far as the quality of the product, the monitoring and the installation, those have all been very good. We use the smartphone features all the time and we're very satisfied with the system.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I got broken into and decided to purchase a home security system. The Safe Streets reps were very well-trained and the installation went very well. The system is good quality and the cost is adequate too. I’ve had the system for about six months now and I’m pleased to have it.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We purchased a house in another town, in Albuquerque, which is about two hours from us. We use it on the weekends and our employees use it, so there’s not always somebody there. We wanted to feel secure that no one’s gonna be in there when they were not supposed to be. We used Protect 1 for our business in Grants, so we decided to do ADT, being that they’re sister companies. When I contacted Eddie, the sales rep, he met us at 8 o’clock at night. He came out to the house, to the condo. He checked it out, recommended what we would need and how many cameras. I wanted more cameras than what we got but he said those cameras cover pretty good. He explained everything in detail, so we’re very happy with him. I’ve called him on the weekends when I couldn’t get something working, and he has walked me through stuff. He’s a very helpful gentleman.

The installer was very nice and very quick. He cleaned up after himself and did not leave anything lying around. He was very polite if he needed passwords or something and he was very good. We like the features offered in our system. We are able to access the system on my phone and we are able to get text messages if someone comes in and who disarms it. It’s a very easy system to use and I was able to customize our package to what we needed. I told them I want sensors on all the windows and all the doors. My wife thought that was overkill because our house is a two-story, so who’s gonna climb up? But I said we'll have it that way just in case. The problems that we’ve had have not been with the system itself, but with our internet. Other than that, the system works good and we like it.

The cost was minimal considering all the equipment that we got and the cameras. Despite the monthly charge, Safe Streets is worth it to have that peace of mind that somebody’s looking out for the property. However, my wife is still uncomfortable having Safe Streets in our home. We get notifications right away even if an employee stops by there without letting us know, to get something or use the restroom. Nevertheless, we get notifications, so we know what is going on with the property.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Lately, some people have been walking through our neighborhood and knocking on doors. I had one guy come to say hi and it was really weird. I felt like he was checking the house, so I decided to get an alarm system to protect the family while I'm gone. I Googled alarm systems that were in our area and they had different options. It showed six different options for my zip code and the prices. Some of them were competitive, while I had to buy the equipment for some. And some had free equipment with the contract. I called ADT to get a quote and their price was under $50, which I never expected. I was able to either buy the equipment upfront, which I did, and then the rest I was able to roll into a two or three-year contract, which wasn’t bad. And the equipment is mine, whereas others were three-year contracts and the equipment was still theirs. And if I move, I would be able to move my equipment, so it was really the best deal.

I talked to the sales rep on the phone only one time, but he was straight to the point. The phone call lasted probably 10 minutes before I knew that I wanted to make that decision. He was really good and he wasn’t even pushing the sale, and that's what I liked about it. He told me what their product is and asked what I was looking for price-wise for safety. I told him the front and back door and a fire alarm, and he was able to do that. The installer came to install it and he was the one that showed that I can add a camera. I don't really need it, but I added one by the front door. It covers my mailbox because some of our magazines have been taken. That was a very cheap price to add. The next guy who came out was more of a sales guy/installer, and it was easy. I said no to some things because I didn’t wanna make my bill $100 because I didn’t even know if I would ever use it.

Everything has been working good. My wi-fi covers the signal well and the installer installed the system professionally. There are no wires at all. The equipment's small, so I don't even notice that I have anything in the house. The installer thoroughly showed me how to operate and go through all the steps if I wanted to turn the channel down, if it's too loud or it's not loud enough, and the quick lead 30-seconds. I was able to tell my wife how to do it when she got home and we've been satisfied.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I’ve had ADT for over 25 years and their response time was good. Their representatives have always been very good and the cost in relation to the quality of service was fair. I just had someone come over because there was an issue with the keypad as it doesn’t respond very well to women with fingernails. However, we discovered that we can use our fingernails and it worked. The tech who came was also the one who installed the system. He was excellent. I’m happy with SafeStreetsUSA.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I had an excellent and fantastic experience with Safe Streets USA. The person I spoke with over the phone was excellent, guided me through the initial wants versus needs. But when the installation technician came out, he was awesome. He took time to make sure all of our angles were covered and he made sure I didn’t have any blind spots. The equipment is based on internet connectivity and HughesNet is my satellite provider. While it could be spotty at times, when it does connect, it connects well. So far, I feel much more comfortable because I'm away frequently with the army. Having Safe Streets system available is really a peace of mind. Also one morning, I was on my way out for work and I accidentally pressed the panic button instead of the arm button. I didn't get to the end of the driveway before I had somebody calling me. The whole experience has been really good.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Safe Streets USA sent out an installer and he was very thorough and did all the doors. He forgot one but I’m getting work done in the house and I’ll get the last one taken care of so that’s not a big deal plus, the experience was great. I like the wireless feature and I can operate it from my phone. If I’m traveling, I can access it remotely. Quality-wise, the security equipment is top-of-the-line and the cost is exactly where it should be. Safe Streets should keep doing what they're doing.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Everything else is in this house so I want to protect it. When we moved and I signed up Georgia Power, they referred me over to a company called Allconnect to do my cable. And then they offered a good deal with ADT. After checking around, Safe Streets USA had a great deal so I went with them. The guy that came and hooked it all up was amazingly nice and cool and very informative. I love that I can do everything by my phone, computer or remote control. I’ve never not had an alarm. I always feel safer with it. SafeStreetsUSA is a pretty good company and has great offers.

Original review: May 12, 2018

When the Safe Streets guy came out for the first time, I didn’t like the way he left the trash and told me that I should throw away the boxes and the inserts that came in. Also, I don’t like the way the system sends me e-mail when my alarm goes off and I don’t get any kind of phone call or check notification or anything else. It’s not very helpful. The quality and cost of the equipment were fine but I wouldn’t recommend Safe Streets to a friend.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I bought a second home and it didn’t have an alarm. A Safe Streets USA salesman walked to the front yard and now my security systems are through ADT. The guy who came and installed was very nice and he explained everything which we were already familiar with because we have an alarm system in our first home. I was supposed to have had an extra motion detector put in the garage and either we forgot it or he forgot it. Either way, I only got the one motion detector which is in the hallway. Then the cost is a few dollars cheaper than our other one because they were running some special. I have recommended them.

Original review: May 10, 2018

We bought a new home and we decided to purchase a home security system. I Googled ADT and Safe Streets was the first one that popped up, so they were the first number I called. So far, my interactions with their customer service reps have all been positive. They were helpful and answered any questions that have come up for me. During the installation, there was the attempt at upselling me, but it was okay. They showed up on time and completed the job within an hour and a half. So far, I'm satisfied with the features of the system I got and I would have liked to have had a camera, but I would have had to pay a little bit of extra for that. Also, the equipment is good quality and I'd rate its performance highly. The cost is about right and we feel more secure and safer at home since we got the system.

Original review: May 8, 2018

It’s my first time owning a home and I wanted to make sure that my investment would be good. I went with SafeStreetsUSA considering how long they've been in business. Everybody there was outstanding and helpful. The installer was really good too. I was there for most of it, and then my wife was there for the other part, but he showed me how to use everything and he was good. We customized our system and got some glass door breakers that weren’t initially on it, and it's good. I had a couple more windows, one was in my bedroom and then the other one was in our living room, and it was just easier to get the glass breakers than put in a sensor on each one.

One thing I haven't liked, however, is that the camera records on motion, and I’ve noticed that if a car drives past the house, and then maybe a minute after that somebody drives by the house, that it won’t record that second vehicle. But overall, including the cost, it's pretty good. I use the smartphone features all the time.

I’m a police officer so it’s mainly for my family whenever I’m not at the house ‘cause I work night shift. It’s more peace of mind for me than anything and I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I got a home security system as a preventative measure. I chose Safe Streets USA and I have been with them for six months now. Their representatives were professional and the installation went well. I’m satisfied with the system features and for me the cost in relation to the quality of service was okay. People should get safe streets USA.

Original review: May 6, 2018

My wife wanted a home security system. I saw the ADT ads and it was a name I recognized. My interaction with the SafeStreetsUSA sales rep was very positive and the guy who came out to install the system was very professional. He was very knowledgeable and he showed me how the system worked. I was able to customize my package as they put sensors on all doors and I had the ability to get another option. The equipment works well so far and the cost is relatively low.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I wasn’t happy with my previous home security system, so I switched to SafeStreetsUSA but I'm not happy with this one either. It's a horrible system. It's supposed to be online and I'm supposed to be able to log in to set the alarm but it takes 20 minutes after I leave the house to set the alarm because it doesn’t connect. It doesn’t matter where I'm at and what my connection speed is, it never connects. There are so many bugs in it, it's not even funny. Also, they put in a wireless keypad and it doesn’t work. It's always in sleep mode. After I spend five minutes getting it open and shut the alarm off, it doesn’t shut the alarm off. It sets the alarm off yet nobody calls.

Their reps told me that it's not their issue because they can't control the speed at which I’m connecting and that sometimes there are just connections and bad areas but nobody told me this when they were putting the system in. I live in a big city with a population of about 160,000. I have no issues making phone calls, getting phone calls, doing anything else on the internet except for the security system.

When they installed the existing system, I had a different zone so if the living room window was open, it said on my security system, "Living room window." If I was in the masters, it said, "Master bedroom window, master bathroom window." They got the whole thing set up as one zone. So everything just says, "Front door. Front door." I had to go through the whole house to find out what window or door was open. The way the installer had it setup was horrible. Then he tried to tell me that it was how the old system worked. But it was not. I lived with it for 15 years so I know it wasn’t like that. I’m like throwing money away every month with SafeStreetsUSA. I tripped the alarm a couple of times but I've only ever once got a phone call. I have no trust behind this company to contact me or the police if there really is an emergency. I'm really unhappy with it but I'm stuck for two years to deal with them.

Original review: May 4, 2018

There were break-ins around our house recently and we didn't have anything except on the doors, so we thought it was time to get something else for our security. We were offered a promotion through Safe Streets and the rep we talked to was good. She was very thorough with her explanation for everything. Then the person that came out and installed everything step-by-step explained what he was doing as he was doing it. He was so friendly as well.

I like the features of the system we got. They're easy to use and I like that when I'm at work, I can look if anything is going on through the app in my phone. We slightly customized our security package and got a couple of the smoke detectors. The equipment is good quality and I like it a lot. The cameras are pretty clear and they pick up things very well. We weren't expecting them to be quite as good, but they are. The cost is also good in regards to everything that's included and we're very pleased. I feel so much better now being home alone, especially, and I feel safer leaving with no one staying behind because at least somebody's watching.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Safe Streets' sales and customer service have been outstanding. They were all very professional, personable and they explained everything. Installation was cool also. The installer was Jerry and he was fabulous. Everything he was doing, he would explain step-by-step. When he completed everything, he cleaned up after himself and didn't leave a mess at all. He ended up explaining the entire system to me, and he left his name and phone number if I had any problems. The system is very good and it has everything I need. I feel very good about having it. The smartphone features work and they're very easy to use.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I needed a home security system and I thought that Safe Streets offered a better deal so I went with them. When they came out the first time, I pretty much already knew what I wanted. Then, when they came out for the installation, it took them an hour to complete it. And when they gave me a tutorial on how the system worked, they were knowledgeable. I customized my package a little bit because of the cost and so far, the features of the system I got are adequate. The equipment is also good quality but I had a false alarm already. After the system was armed, one of the motion sensors was triggered when nobody was home and I got a call in less than five minutes which seemed pretty quick. Other than that, I have a couple issues with the time it takes for the mobile app to connect. Sometimes I just give up trying to use it and I go manually to arm or disarm the system.

Original review: April 28, 2018

We bought a home security system for security purposes like for people coming into our yard without permission. My neighbor had ADT so I just decided to go with ADT. It was a good experience interacting with the reps. The service was good. The installation was okay as well because I did not understand most of the equipment that I would get when I got the order and when the representative came, they explained and I was able to get a discount based on what I could afford.

However, there needs to be not only the touch system but a monitor system as well, regardless of the package. The TV monitor should be compulsory with the system. Other than that, the system is okay and it feels much better now that we have it because I know that if there is someone attempting to open doors or windows, we get a signal. Also, if the alarm is on and anyone inside is coming out and forgets that it's on, the company calls to find out if we are okay and to let us know that it's going off if we don't catch it on time which is very good so they're very alert. I would recommend SafeStreets.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I wanted to have peace of mind knowing that my house is protected. When Safe Streets had a promotional offer, I called to sign up and the representative gave me the rundown. It was a 20-minute call. The guy was very informative, helpful and answered all my questions. He explained to me all the services, what they offer and the breakdown of the price. It was pretty much everything overall. Then the guys who came to install it was awesome as well. The technician was very helpful, thorough and phenomenal. He showed me how everything worked. He also offered me additional services, gave me a rundown of what he recommended would be the best. He showed me how to work the pad and he was very quick. He said it would take a couple of hours, but he punched through everything quickly as well.

I have the motion sensors and all the good stuff in the living room. The features are very cool and everything works out great. I'm just very pleased. It's a very good stuff and very durable. Plus, the cost of the system is good with its quality. It was $1.25 a day so it’s perfect. It's very worth the price that I pay. I feel more content and safe since I got Safe Streets. I live alone in my house and I go on trips. I don’t have to worry about my stuff getting stolen or someone breaking in or destroying my house. I have a very good peace of mind when I'm not there and even when I'm there as well. I would highly recommend Safe Streets.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The installer from SafeStreetsUSA said that he had to get me two fobs for remote operations that I can put in my car so I can carry them with me. He said that he'll get them to me on Monday or Tuesday but I had never seen him again. The personnel they sent me lied to me. And If he has the fobs and he's keeping them for himself to somewhere they'd be used, then he's stealing them from me. I had to call to find out how I could use my system. Recently they called me up. I said that if I'm in the house and I want to put this thing on. I can't put it on because I'd have to walk around the house and they got the motion detector. He explained some things and when he told me that, then it just wasn't bad.

Also I'm not getting any bill because they said that they don't do those things anymore. Even if every bill I had is on auto pay, I still want a paper record on everything. SafeStreetsUSA doesn’t give a damn as long as they got my money. They didn’t complete whatever they were supposed to do and I'm very dissatisfied. I need the fobs, which I never got, which I'm supposed to get according to the guy that was supposed to be installing these things. He was supposed to provide the fobs where I could just press the button to go in and out of my house but I never got them and I've never seen them. And nobody ever called me from the company.

SafeStreetsUSA expert review by Erin Raub

SafeStreetsUSA is one of the largest ADT Authorized Dealer in the nation that operates in nearly all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The company prides itself on offering excellent customer service from highly qualified employees.

• Same day installation: In many cases, new customers can have their system installed the same day they sign up for service.

• Insurance discounts: Nearly all insurance companies offer a significant discount on homeowner's policies with proof that the home is secured with an ADT alarm system.

• Money-back guarantee: Thanks to SafeStreetsUSA's partnership with ADT, the protection provided by the alarm systems is guaranteed. If any problems cannot be resolved, ADT will refund the installation charge or the first six months of payments.

• One-hour installation window: SafeStreetsUSA gives customers a one-hour window when their installer will arrive, and 99 percent of installers arrive during that timeframe.

• Package options: SafeStreets USA offers a wide variety of home security and home control packages. Consumers can see all the options, the included features and the prices on the company’s website.

• Best for: Homeowners and hands-off consumers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

SafeStreetsUSA Company Information