4.58/5
Based on 152 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Formerly SecureYourHome

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest ADT Authorized Company in the United States, we connect you with the best local ADT Authorized Dealer in your area and send a technician out to install the system as soon as possible. Receive a free quote by calling or filling out the form, and we will work closely with you to figure out exactly what you need to help protect your home and family. ADT is the most well-known security company in the industry, and we strive to satisfy our customers by providing the best experience possible- from the sales and scheduling process to the installation and the ongoing monitoring.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 23, 2018

759 SafeStreetsUSA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

The tech was great. He was very professional, and took the time to make sure I taken care of. He made the installation easy and hassle free. I will recommend him to everybody I know getting a security system. Thanks for the job well done.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

When asked to move security panel from one wall to another, Chris didn't fully install correctly so it didn't work and left 3 huge holes in my wall without fixing them. When I escalated it to Management I was blown off by Kenneth ** without any resolution or responses after asked to send the pictures as "proof", no response. I received a quote of $350 to fix and asked if they would reimburse and still no response! I can't believe they just left these holes in my wall and didn't even check to see if the system was working. Unbelievable and so disappointed with this company!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I am very pleased with my ADT system. I was very pleased with the respect and answered questions by the sales person and the installer Terrance **, who took the time to answer my questions and was very patient. I would certainly recommend you to my friends.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I bought a home and the realtors referred me to the ADT guy. The SafeStreetsUSA's sales rep gave me some ideas and finally came to a consensus of what I wanted. They gave me some discounts so it was worth it. They sent a tech out to install and he got the job done in a timely manner. The home security features are cool. Everything is right on the money. It is very good quality and I would definitely recommend it. It is a good idea to invest into. You get some good benefits from it and it is an extra layer of protection for the house especially if you got kids. I am very satisfied with it.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We were very happy with the gentleman that did our installation. He did not make us feel pressured into buying anything we did not feel we needed. We feel that he explained things to us clearly. He was kind and considerate. The only bad part of it all was the weather and we hope he made it home ok.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SafeStreetsUSA?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I'm currently living in my first home and my friends who have owned properties have utilized home security systems. I then did some research and from what I understood, most of them are self-setup. You self-monitor and if there's anything, you report it. I didn’t want something like that. I wanted something where they can monitor and if I’m not there, they can send someone over, just like if a family member is there and someone is in distress. ADT has the history and reputation and from what I noticed online, they seem to be a better type of security system than the others. There were a couple of websites where they had the best rating in terms of reliability, getting in contact with an individual, set-up, and pricing.

It only took a couple of calls to ADT to set up the appointments. Their reps were very professional, open and understanding. They were also receptive to me changing the dates. I spoke with the rep at ADT and then transferred me to someone with Safe Streets to set up the appointment. They were able to answer any question I had, such as what I'm going to need to set the systems up, if I need to purchase additional devices, and how much it was going to cost. They also told me which device is better in terms of the glass break, monitors, and sensors and we opted to get those. They knew the products and knew what to recommend based on what I needed. Two days after I placed my first call, someone already came out to our house.

The installation went well. The installer came on time and was able to set everything up within two hours. He told us it may have taken longer, but I guess he knew what he was doing. He was very professional and knew what he was talking about. He knew the devices and based on his recommendations, I was able to set up what I need and not pay for anything additional. For instance, we have a couple of rooms and a lot of big windows and I asked him, "I know that connectors, if you open the window, it’ll go off, but what if someone breaks the window and comes inside?" He told me that if I get the glass breaks, it won't make sense because it’s just for the glass. But if I get the sensor itself, it will cover the whole room and that if someone were to break the glass to get in, it’ll provide the same coverage.

From experience, the contractor will come out and they will try to upsell. There was no pressure from him in upselling and trying to get me to purchase products which is a big plus because I was expecting him to say, "Okay, by the way, it’s going to cost an extra lot." All of the prices were laid out for me. When I told him what I wanted, he did an estimate in the quote before he actually started the work. He gave me options on what I can do and what I can’t do if I want to reduce the price. If I want to change anything in the configuration, it’s going to be communicated to ADT and they would adjust the price on that as well. He wasn’t trying to sell me extra stuff that I did not need which is usually the case when contractors come out. He also walked me through the system, such as how to update it. He mentioned that if I need to adjust anything, I could just give him a call and he’ll come right back out the next day or if they have time the same day.

I got door sensors, the ones which connect with the magnets when you open the door. I got the same thing for the windows. I also got a motion sensor in a couple of rooms. I was supposed to get a door lock but we did not install that because they’re changing out the door to electronic one which I can open and close remotely. I didn't opt to get the cameras because based on how they’re set up with ADT, I didn't think it was going to give me the coverage and the type of security and monitoring that I need. The installer was able to recommend a local provider who is also very professional and cost-effective. I know in the near future I have to add some other items. So, I’m probably going to be calling them in a week or two.

The quality of the equipment has been good. The one installed on the door, however, broke apart. The plastic covering just fell off. They told me that once they're done with the windows, they're going to come back in and fix that. The smartphone features of their system, however, can be improved. When I first got the system, there were times when one of the alarms would go off. Then, sometimes, you can't remotely arm it which is a little annoying because you always have to be there to arm it. I haven’t used the lock and unlock but I hope it's on the app so I can have the system fully functional, like turn the lights on and off, since my goal is to automate my premises. I also wish they'd have push notifications since I get emails all the time. The whole system cost me $2,000. While the equipment is sturdy and serves their purpose, they could have been a little cheaper. $90 for a sensor is a lot.

Since having the system, I haven't had a lot of sleepless nights like before. I haven't had to worry if anyone is going in and touching anything as I did before. I don’t have to worry when my kids, or anyone, are at home. I know that they’re going to be safe provided all the equipment works as expected. Even if someone’s there who will work on the house, you can track and monitor them, knowing when they come and when they go. I have contractors working at my house right now and when they come, they have to enter the code so I know that they’re there doing work and when they leave, I have to remotely arm the premises. I'm very pleased with the experience overall. I'll tell others to always go with history and reputation over cheapness, and that ADT actually decides to work with you in customizing the security system.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I called Safe Streets USA to install an ADT security system for my business. The rep was great and did a good job. He came in and walked through how to change the settings. The equipment is fantastic and the features are great, but I hoped for a camera system that recorded. They don't offer anything where if somebody breaks in, I can look at the events four days later to show the cops. I feel better after getting the system. I have something that will alert the cops if something happens. I’d definitely recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I have a brother that is into drugs so I wanted a security system. My parents used SafeStreetsUSA. The sales person I worked with was fantastic, professional and very accommodating. Since my home was brand new, he made sure that everything was straight. He was very conscientious of placement without me having to tell him. Moreover, the equipment does the job and is reliable. Plus, it was a lot less expensive than expected. I feel a lot safer in having it. I highly recommend SafeStreetsUSA.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We're not home very often so I had to have something to keep an eye around. I went with Safe Streets because I couldn't find any other one that would go out here. The reps usually were very kind and informative. They helped me with any issue I had and were are able to resolve anything within a reasonable amount of time. The installer then came in and introduced himself. He let me know what he was going to do and where the devices were going to be placed. The installation process was very quick and he went through every option with me. He also helped me on how to operate the devices and I completely love the ability to control the system with my phone.

I have a complete satisfaction with Safe Streets’ security system. The equipment is of very good quality and the sensors work completely fine. They had the most reasonable price, and I really like the coverage that I get. If a friend would ask me about Safe Streets, I would tell them to go for it. And if there would be any doubt about leaving home for a while or when they would be at work, Safe Streets' security system is very efficient.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My installer was Murray **. He was friendly and knowledgeable about the product. He provided excellent service and I was very pleased. I feel the system he put in for me will help me feel protected and safe. He showed me how to use it and I feel confident that I know how it works and that it works well.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

The girl at Safe Streets USA that I talked to on the phone was really pleasant and very helpful in any question that I had about the system. I had told her about someone coming in my downstairs so she told me what I needed and sent me an email of it. She did everything I wanted. The installation was great and the installer was very patient and informative. He gave me his card and information. I like the features of the system really well, as well as the cost. I feel safer having it in my home. One night it told me that my basement door opened but I had not tucked the stickers on the window. But after I did we’ve not had anybody come in down there. I have a camera too and that camera is wonderful. My experience with Safe Streets USA has been great. And if somebody would ask me about them I’ll hand the card I got from the guy and tell them to use it because this is where they would want to go.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Today I contacted ADT for a quote for my mother who is in the first stages of dementia. The installation was done in 72 hours. I am happy with the technician’s knowledge of the job. I would recommend a system to all my friend. The technician was also courteous and worked fast. Thanks, Safestreet USA.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I live all by myself and work a lot so I’m not at home all the time. SafeStreetsUSA had a good reputation so I went with them. I customized my package a little bit wherein the smoke detectors would link with the security system. Their installer was in and out in three hours. The system's good and the cost was worth it for my peace of mind. I would tell my friends to check out SafeStreets for an option.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Paul ** came out and installed our security system. He was very professional and knowledgeable on the product and answered all questions I had. Thank you Paul for the outstanding service that you provided. I felt like he was a member of the family while he was here.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

We had some stuff happen in the neighborhood and I felt it was in our best interest to make sure we were safe. A friend of mine had ADT so she recommended it. I called and the customer service agent set everything up. The gentleman came to my house and installed everything. He was fantastic. He was very neat, did a good job, made me feel very comfortable and was very knowledgeable. He explained everything.

I would have been interested in some kind of a video monitor but I opted to have all my windows secured. At that point, it was cost-prohibitive to add anything else. The cost seems high but it is what we had to do to get the service provided for us. I hope that once the equipment is paid off, then I can try to get a better deal and I would be open to adding stuff later.

I have some teenagers and I feel much more comfortable leaving them at home now knowing that if something gets opened, I'm going to know about it from the alert that SafeStreetsUSA put out. We had an incident where my youngest, who is seven, cooked some macaroni and cheese without water in the microwave, and ADT called very quickly when the smoke alarm went off to make sure that we didn't have a fire. So we have tested, unknowingly, some limits on the system and have been very happy with it so far. I can't think of anything that I wish it would do that it doesn't do. We would recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I was in a rough neighborhood with an unsecured home. I called the number by ADT services and Safe Streets USA was the company that came through. Their customer service and the initial walkthrough with the installer were good. The tech did some upselling by telling me about their security features for windows. as well as about securing all the doors in the home. I availed of a set package with a good price point and quality. They have cool features and I get what I pay for. Moreover, I love using the Pulse. I feel very comfortable now that I have the system. I don’t have to check around as much as I did before. I would highly recommend Safe Streets USA. And in the future, I want to have more doors secured and get motion sensors.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I’ve used Safe Streets' system before to keep the home secure. The features in my system were pretty standard and the price was average. The only thing that I had an issue with was that they asked me the number of sensors I would need and had someone at the house. But still, I didn't have any sensors and they told me that I needed something else which cost an extra $100 or $200. That was not a way to do good business and I didn’t appreciate that. They should go up front, figure out and tell me what I need. But I would still recommend them if they made sure they had a tight contract with them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We moved from Arkansas down here and when I got online to the electric bill, it took me over to ADT/Safe Streets. I availed of the security system to put off my insurance. Also, most of the people in this area have some sort of security system and I hate to say that it's a shame we live in a world that you have to do that. If I'm far away, it gives my wife and I some peace of mind that if somebody comes in the house, somebody's going to be notified even if we have somebody that's watching our house for us. We like the little clicker where we can arm and disarm it, and keep heads convenient in the house. It is an alarm system and we have got a motion detector in our living room and the three doors coming into the house - the front door, the patio door, and the door in front of the garage are all monitored. I also like the fire and police deal where we can hit it and the emergency code.

All our interactions with them have been over the internet, except for the guy who came out and put it in. And it was pretty seamless. The only issue I had, and it wasn't a big issue, was whenever he put it in he did not have me a sign for my front yard. He left me some stickers but did not have a sign. And he said he'd order me one and get back to me in a week or so. Well, that never happened. So, I got online and was going to see what I needed to do, and then found out there's a good place on the website to go to and you could order one. And in about five days, they shipped me one in the mail. Also, I was promised a $99 Visa card for signing up. I have sent the paperwork and stuff, and it has not shown up yet.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

We did the whole thing - the fire alarms, window break, and the glass break. The installers were very good and kind. They were quick and very conscientious of our time. So far, Safe Streets USA has been really good. We've had them since the middle of November and that's the time that we've been here. We went with a customized package and spent an extra $600 on glass break and all that kind of stuff. The cost was good and they gave us a lot of money and more stuff, and we don't have to pay each month. We feel great having Safe Streets. I was sick a couple of weeks ago and we didn’t know any hospital so we hit the ADT, and they were there. It’s also great for seniors. We can be taken advantage of and we don't hear very well, so then the glass break will set off the alarm and that's good. It was worth it.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

My installation tech was a very courteous and friendly person. She was incredibly knowledgeable. She exhibited an aura of professionalism. Her explanation of the operation of the system was excellent. Due to her expertise, I would definitely recommend ADT to our friends and relatives. We even talked about our cats. She was awesome.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Murray was Awesome. His customer service best. I would recommend him for all your installations. He was knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable with switching from the other alarm service. He went above and beyond to make sure that the all the equipment that I wanted were there.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

My husband wanted to have video cameras outside the front of the house and that was my whole reason for wanting ADT for our service. The rep goes, "I can give you guys the Ring where they're just to be mounted on the wall. You just have to download an app." We didn't realize that it was a totally separate service. I go, "I don't understand why we have to download an app." He goes, "Well, that's how you'll be able to see your video." "Well, okay. But I have ADT." But nobody sat down and explained anything to us. We paid $299 per Ring and I'm figuring that we'd have monitoring so, if we get a time, we can click on it and see if anybody's there. But they've already stepped away and we can't playback.

My husband's like, "Why do we even have these things? We should just get rid of them." And I'm like, "Well, how are you getting rid of them? We just paid $299 each." We can't see the video for Ring unless we pay $12.99 a month for storage and we ended up having to pay for two Rings. We just figured this out with them the last couple of weeks. It wasn't explained that we'd be going through two separate entities. Other than that, I'm in customer service and the SafeStreets rep was very nice and he did a good job.

I talked to ADT because I was confused. I said to ADT, "I don't understand. You guys sent us an authorized ADT rep who obviously was with SafeStreets. You sent them to our home that you approved." I've come to find out after all this has happened, he's a rep for multiple things. His status was very misleading. He's Safe Streets but he offers ADT. Now, I found that he does Ring so, it's very misleading. I was from Pierce Country. I had ADT before so, when I called the ADT, it had their number. I'm expecting to have an ADT representative that's going to come out and install an ADT-approved product. I'm not looking for any other service than ADT. Otherwise, I would have gone through a totally different alarm system vendor.

On the other hand, the installer was very nice and he took care of it. My husband was there and I was there. He took care of what we needed and then he had gone his way. He didn't leave us boxes for any of the products that we bought so, he didn't leave us the box for the Ring. All he left us was the little charging cables and the little screwdrivers so that's why I'm thinking, "Oh, this is all ADT." However, I would still tell friends to use SafeStreets and go to somebody else."

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We wanted to commend SafeStreets for sending such a quality person for our installation. Adam ** was knowledgeable & professional at the same time, gave us the peace-of-mind that he seemed trustworthy and actually cared about the quality of his work and our understanding of the system. Nice to have someone working in your home whom is positive and clearly takes pride in their company and the work that he does.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

One’d was great and very professional. He explained in detail all the ins and outs of my new system and took his time making sure everything was in full working order. I really would recommend him to my friends if they get ADT.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I have been on the phone with your company to try and find out why my account was closed. Did not receive any notice of my service being shut off then was told another company had brought out my contract. Called that company and they did not have it so now what. Your people could not give me one answer why my account was closed and then wound not reinstate it. Why??? No answers and on top of that I have a credit through you as well so where's my money at??? Need answers!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

So happy me and my family can have a peaceful mind now that we have security system. Wonderful tech. He was very helpful too. He went step by step on everything he did. I will recommend ADT to a friend.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Josh ** installed a home security system on January 17. He was not only courteous but also patient with us. While he was here he also probably sold another system to our son. He was also careful to treat our home with respect and cleanliness. I appreciated that he remained helpful in handling all our questions and concerns.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Matt, the installer was very professional, yet personable. He explained everything thoroughly, ensuring we were fully informed about alarm features and the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors were installed before he left. Being new to the area, we now feel security in our new home knowing ADT is there to assist us if and when help when needed.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I'm happy with Safe Streets USA. The initial outlay was a little bit more than I had anticipated but I don't mind the monthly fee. Also, all of their reps were very polite. I kept pushing the date back because I wanted to make sure the windows and doors were in and they were very cooperative about that. I also like the installer. He was very informative on what he was doing, why he was doing it and what the end result was going to be. We had added one more on the window breakage which I thought was included but it wasn't. However, I was okay with that. The system is working and I'm still learning it. Since having Safe Streets, I feel better about being able to take my 12-year old granddaughter to the house. I have recommended it to friends.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Safe Streets USA is a well-known company and I trust them. The reps I dealt with have been extremely helpful. During installation it took an hour to get everything installed and out the door. The installers explained everything from the littlest annoyances to the biggest things to know about the system including how to work it and who to contact if I needed the help. My favorite feature is the chime and the noise of the system. And in terms of the cost in relation to its quality, it is 100% fair.

SafeStreetsUSA Company Information

Kent
WA
www.safestreetsusa.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use