Call toll free
(855) 474-2085
4.51/5

Formerly SecureYourHome

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest ADT Authorized Company in the United States, we connect you with the best local ADT Authorized Dealer in your area and send a technician out to install the system as soon as possible. Receive a free quote by calling or filling out the form, and we will work closely with you to figure out exactly what you need to help protect your home and family. ADT is the most well-known security company in the industry, and we strive to satisfy our customers by providing the best experience possible- from the sales and scheduling process to the installation and the ongoing monitoring.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

910 SafeStreetsUSA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I'm a new homeowner and my house didn't have a security system. I spoke to an ADT rep and then SafeStreets handled the installation. They were friendly and professional. The installation was timely and it didn't take too long. They did the job well and everything is still working. I got the app set and it lets me link in with the doorbell and the camera doorbell. I use it pretty frequently. I can also arm or disarm my system while I’m away using the app, which I’ve definitely used a couple of times. Having the security system give me a better sense of peace of mind if I’m gonna be away for the weekend.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I'm writing in to express my gratitude for Logan... Logan showed up on time and was very kind and very personable. Logan had explained everything that he was doing. Logan had started out by checking our cellular service to try and get the package that was quoted to us. Unfortunately Logan was unable to get the cellular connection so he had explained that because we were not in a great cellular network area we were unable to get the package that was original quote, so Logan went the extra mile and he hooked it to the main phone line and placed the Lynx box right near the phone.

After Logan installed the box next to the phone he then started to get the sensors set up. Activated the motion censored in the main room, placed that on the wall above the curtains and went around the house to place all the sensors on the doors and door walls. After he installed the sensors in the house he installed the motion sensor in the garage. Logan also explained in great details on how the key fobs work and explained that we can activate the alarms from the fobs or that you can set the alarm from box that is near the phone. At first he had put the front door exit time at 30 seconds, but I had him change that to give my dad a few extra seconds to go out of the house. So before Logan left he was able to change the exit time on front door to 60 seconds.

Logan also explained that I would be able to disarm or arm the alarm from the key fob or right from the box. He gave my dad and I the booklet of how the box works and how to set the alarm. In the very end he asked if we had any other questions. Or if we needed any more key fobs. We decided to get a third key fob for a backup. He explained that the extra key fobs were 90.00 and we said that is fine and we will take one. Logan is a great asset to your company.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

We had gone from an apartment and moved to a new home where we have outside access areas, sliding glass doors, and windows lower the ground. I was familiar with ADT as my parents had it and so it we got ADT through Safe Streets. The guy who came to install the system was great. He was very thorough, he explained everything, and he didn't leave until he felt comfortable that we know what we're doing with it. The features offered in the system are definitely good. The only thing I wish was different is the setting. Yesterday, I opened my second floor window when the alarm was on stay mode and the alarm went off. I wish it had given me a second to turn it off the same way in a door opening and it allows a wait versus waking up my whole neighborhood. We also pay $58 or $60 something a month, which could be better. Nevertheless, we definitely feel safer.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

My wife wanted peace of mind. We saw a SafeStreets advertisement somewhere and the rep who we talked to was very nice and explained everything to me. Getting the security system was a very simple and efficient process. The gentleman who installed it was super nice and very informative. It took him less than two hours to complete the installation, then he took the time to show how things work. The only thing my wife was concerned about was if somebody opened a window or something on our main level, will it trigger the alarm. I told her it won't unless we are away from the house, and obviously then, once the burglar is in the house, he'll be picked up just moving around. Other than that, the quality of the service has been excellent.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I enjoy having SafeStreets' service and the system. I got a home security system for safety. The installation went well and everything was explained to me. Everything was also cleaned up before the installers left. I like the features of my system. They are very nice and the system has put up everything that I need. I sometimes use the smartphone features and they're very convenient. I feel safer since having my system. Also, I know that everything is secured when I’m not here. I get a notification if someone gets in the house. The cost could be cheaper, but the quality of service is good. I will recommend SafeStreets.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SafeStreetsUSA?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

We were buying a new house and I just had a new baby. Having a home security system seemed like the smartest thing to do. I was actually calling the electric company, CPS, and they put me through to a representative. They asked me if I'd be interested in having a home security system from Safe Streets. The rep was a great dude. He was very helpful and explained what I needed. He also wasn't pushy. It was a good experience.

The installation also went smoothly. The installer explained everything to me. He also helped me download the app, helped me place the camera, ran through it with me, showed me how to use the remote and showed my fiancé' how to use it. It was great! The features are great and the app gives us a lot of flexibility. The cost was reasonable as well. My future in-laws are very happy because my fiancé stays home with the baby right now, and having Safe Street gives me peace of mind leaving. We are not in a bad neighborhood but it's great just to know that everything inside is safe.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I'm a first-time homeowner and I thought a home security system would be a good idea. The individual that sold the system to us was very easy to work with and very knowledgeable about the products. I didn’t feel like anything was forced on us. The installation technician was great as well. He showed us everything and talked to us about where he thought there might be potential issues. It was overall a very pleasant experience. I love their app and everything seems great about the system. I feel much better when I’m away and my wife is at home by herself. I would highly recommend it and tell others that it’s worth investing in.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I’ve had a home security system for years, ever since I moved in here. When I moved here, I got ADT, but then I wanted a different service provider. Eventually, I went back to ADT, and SafeStreets was what the ADT installer recommended. I had a good interaction with SafeStreets's reps and the installation process was good a well. Their installer set the system up and showed me how to work it. I like the quality of their equipment. The system didn’t cost me anything, other than just the installation. I've had the old outdated system for years and SafeStreets have the newer monitoring system. Compared to the other services I had in the past, the SafeStreets system is superior, nicer and better. I would recommend SafeStreets to others.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The salesperson we dealt with did a great job of explaining everything. He was very informative and helpful. But there was one thing we had to do for the installation. There was a doorbell thing that had a Storm dealer install and it was in the way. The Safe Streets installer had it moved and we paid a little extra to have that done. But other than that, the installation went very well. Everything also seems to be working fine and is user-friendly, except for the app. That needs to be a little more user-friendly. Nonetheless, Safe Streets is a good system to use. I even had a call from customer service reminding me that we need to do a check on our system once a month. My son just bought a home and he used ADT as well.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We got a home security system for peace of mind. SafeStreets had their act together and they were easy to work with. Everybody was helpful, friendly and honest. Also, the person who installed the system was very informative, helpful and knew the product pretty good. The system has been really good. I highly recommend SafeStreetsUSA.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We were able to customize our package with SafeStreets and I really like the smartphone features. The quality of the system matches the cost, and we had good experiences with their customer service and installation teams. I would recommend them if anybody was looking for installation of their home security.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I got a security system because I felt that it was the right thing to do. The guy from SafeStreets who did the installation was nice and knowledgeable.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

When I signed up for electric service, SafeStreets was recommended by the company. I had a call with a sales representative and she gave me all the information and scheduled an appointment. Signing up was easy and the service is good. Also, their price is competitive compared with other providers that I looked at. The technician then came and the installation went very smoothly. It only took less than one hour. The technician installed the devices on the doors and windows, and then the monitoring device. It was basic security, so that was easy. They offered me some additional internet-based monitoring as well as the mobile app but I normally don't use that, so I said no. I needed a monitoring service, and the system is good enough and it works perfectly fine.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I've got two other security systems in different parts of the world, and SafeStreets seems to be working. I put the system on when I go on vacation. It also has a feature where it shows me who is around when the doorbell rings. The cost is a little bit on the higher side because I can get something else a lot cheaper. But you get what you pay for and it’s okay with me.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

SafeStreets had really good scores on Consumer Reports when we did a little bit of research. Also, our homeowner's insurance recommended them. I had a very good experience with their sales team and the installation was a breeze. The young installer was great. He actually made us think of things we hadn't even thought about since we missed a whole door. We didn't do a standard package because we have a large dog so we have the one for the motion. We were able to customize our package and it fits our house a little bit better. However, we hate the sound the system makes when we open the door. It's so dang loud! We'd like something a little different. Other than that, the equipment works and it's great. We never had a security system before we moved to our current home but we've been very pleased with it. It's been very easy to operate and we love having the key fobs. Plus, the cost is fair and good.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I've always used ADT and they provided me with Safe Streets. Their technician was really nice and I liked him a lot. The customer service was very nice as well. I had gotten their standard package and the cost was fair. I like the touch keypad as well.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We bought a house for the first time and wanted to make sure everybody was safe. When I called to get cables connected, they recommended Safe Streets USA. They said they were having a special, free-installation, which is a misnomer because they're always having free-installation. It was okay but I would have liked to see the prices of everything I could have ahead of time, rather than having the guy show up and trying to sell me everything all at once and it was a shock that it was as expensive as it was. I probably would have bought more had I been able to talk about it with my husband ahead of time. The salesman said that if we didn't do it then, we had to pay another installation fee to get it all done later and that sucked.

He was also weird, cold, creepy, impersonal and he did not have very good personal skills at all. He left the basement door wide open and luckily, somebody caught it. He also didn't shut the front door and the air was on. Moreover, he asked me for something to drink and asked to use the bathroom. He did his thing, walked around, and didn't say anything. I would not recommend him to sell anything.

He was also the guy that was sent out yesterday to fix my ADT. I thought not again. He said all he did was take the battery out. He asked if I wasn't told to do that. I said that was the first thing I was told to do and from the next day the panel kept doing what it was doing. He said he didn't know and that they already lost the signal somehow. I asked if everything was fine and he said yes. I said that if there was a problem again, I'd call back. I have the window things on most the windows, the door alarms on each of the doors, and the ring front doorbell. The system functions well. My ring goes off a lot of times when trucks go down the road, which is a bit funny. But I thought it's better that it goes off than not work at all.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I was interested in the alarms on the door since my husband has Alzheimer’s and dementia so he’s prone to falling and at some point, he may start roaming. Also, if he had to have medical help, he could use his tab to call for help if I wasn’t here. The door alert and the tab that came with the SafeStreetsUSA system was of no charge. I wanted my husband to be covered under the dementia plan which was tied back to the security system fee and the medical alert was a free addition. The system installation took about an hour and the installer explained everything adequately.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I wanted to purchase a home security system for my family’s safety and my friends recommended SafeStreetsUSA. Everything they told me as far as price was exactly what they said. Also, the technician was excellent. He took his time to do the install and to explain everything to us. The installation took about two and a half hours, and after that, the technician went through all of the features with me. I would have liked to have gotten a couple more glass break monitors but I’m very satisfied with the system. It looks like high-tech to me. I have the front door view and I also have the ADT app where I can turn it on or off, or whatever I need to do. I travel a lot to my job and the system gives me a peace of mind that my family is safe when I’m gone.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I have a home in California and one here, and when I’m not here or there, I like to have a security system. SafeStreetsUSA was offered when I transferred with Excel and I went with the basic package. The install crew came out and talked to us, and then went about the installation for a couple of hours and that was it. The system is simpler than what I have in California.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I wanted a security system in my house. ADT's advertisement popped up and I was planning to go with them and I didn’t realize that I was going through a middleman which was SafeStreet. Then I found out that ADT couldn’t really do anything for me. It has to go through SafeStreet. I wasn’t very happy about that. I don’t like having this middleman.

The installation was horrible. I could tell the guy was not willing to answer my questions directly. He kinda had a sales speech and any kind of questions I asked, he would dodge and say that was the standard service and everything was gonna be fine. He didn’t wanna answer my questions very upfront and he wasn't transparent so I wasn’t very happy with him. The security system installed seems fine but they should be more forthcoming about who they are and what they’re involvement is with ADT so that I know I’m not working with ADT and I’m working with SafeStreets, because that was not clear.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Somebody tried to break in while we were in the last house I was renting. I’m a big home defense type person so I figured that the next best thing to keep my wife at ease was to get an ADT home security system, which I like. However, it was a little confusing upfront on how the whole process worked because I thought ADT was coming to install the product. When we got all the brochures from ADT, it makes it seem like ADT is the one that's gonna come out but they did nothing but collect our monthly bill and outsource the installer to Safe Streets.

Safe Streets came and installed, but it was a mess because of what ADT told me their original pricing was gonna be versus after they gave me a quote when they came to my house to get me to purchase a home security system. This is my first security system and I wasn’t given another option to look for another company. When the gentleman came in to install, he was a very good salesman and he made it very difficult for me to say that I’m not interested right now, but I wanted the security system regardless. It just had to be within the price point of which I thought I was getting from what ADT offers on the 40 million pieces of paperwork they send me on a regular basis.

I almost fell off the back seat when I was given the final amount on the few extra items I wanted. Then when I said that I’m not gonna do it, the guy from Safe Streets looked at me and asked me what am I going to pay. He didn’t even try to give me another amount. I told him that I wanna pay what was advertised and he goes that what was advertised wasn’t as many items as what they were putting in our house. But I told him one more time that I thought I was getting what was included on the paper. He called his boss and it was for 200 bucks more with them versus what the paper said. He would have given me all the door, window, and glass break sensors that I wanted including the fire alarm in the basement which was awesome. At that point, I talked with my wife and with the extra couple bucks, I’d rather have her at a peace of mind.

There was only one discrepancy I had out of the whole process. The house was previously installed with an old ADT system. I like the installer and he hit all the right button except that I noticed that he didn't pull one old keypad in the basement. Instead of pulling off the old magnets, he left the one side of the old magnet and then put his new piece for the new board on it so I got a bright, white piece on my door and a small piece on the molding from the old piece. There were little shortcuts that he took to get in and out a little bit quicker.

Other than that, everything else he did was good and he was very efficient. I asked him if he could hide the one wire behind the molding on the inside of my closet for the new alarm and he had no issues making sure it would stay behind the molding. I love the features that were offered in the system, including the touchpad screen, and I’ve noticed that not everybody gets that. I like that the system leaves a voice memo and it can do time and date. I like my system but there are other features that I would love if I could afford to put into it.

I also like that I spent a couple extra bucks through ADT to have the mobile security so it would go to my mobile number instead of my landline. I can alarm and de-alarm it from anywhere in the world as long as I’m on Wi-Fi. Although sometimes, it takes a very long time to alarm and de-alarm if I hit the alarm and punch in my security code. If my phone is still picking up the Wi-Fi from my house that the unit is working, it won’t work. I’ll have to turn off my Wi-Fi and use my data on my phone so that it will make a communication. They don’t jive and they interfere with each other if they’re using the same Wi-Fi. Otherwise, the home security makes my wife feel more secure when I am not home. She used to lock our bedroom door and lock herself in the bedroom with the dog until the sun was out. She was extremely traumatized by that occurrence but now, she doesn’t do that.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Our house is in an unknown area. One time, my wife did research and found that getting a security system would give us a break on our insurance. We got a SafeStreets system and it has been really simple and easy to use. They gave us a little keypad as well.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I like ADT’s reputation for over 50 years and Safe Streets has a long-standing thing way back with them. The system was explained well and I like the it just the way it is. The installer was fine and professional. He came in and did what he said he would. We were pleased with the service and we were satisfied with Safe Streets.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I had a good experience speaking with Safe Streets' rep. Also, their technician did pretty well installing their alarm system for me. Currently, I'm using their smartphone features as well.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We just moved into our house and have had Safe Streets since we have lived there. My realtor got a deal with them and gave my information to someone in the company. They then called me and set up the account. Someone came in to install new equipment and he was really friendly. And I'm happy with the features we got in our system.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

We purchased a different home and now live out in the country. The house had a security system on it already but when I called to have other services set up, like the internet, I was switched over to some other company that helps select various services. ADT was one of those and they were offering a $100 user reward at that time. I was also under the impression that the equipment was free, and the installation fee was $99. However, I have seen an amount on my credit card for over $700, so I'm not very happy about that. I also see a lot of advertisements for putting in ADT at $28.99 a month. But we're paying $50 a month, so that's irritating. Given the billing issues, I'm not very satisfied.

But the actual installation of the system was really nice and the tech was very knowledgeable. But I wish we could’ve waited a few days this happened on our move in day and there were three people here ar once, installing different things. So it was a bit overwhelming. I’ve tried setting the alarm when we leave the house and put it on if I'm alone at night when my husband is traveling. We also have a little key fob thing that somebody could press if they fall down. My 98-year-old mom is here frequently. I wanna be able to give it to her when I leave her alone when I run to the grocery store. However, I don't remember how to use it, so I feel like we're paying for something we're not using.

When I arm the system, I feel secure. However, if there’s a break in, it’s a little hardwhen we come home to get it shut, accept our password and then disarm, so I have to do it a couple of times. Then by the time I do that, it sends the message to my phone which is a little frustrating. I should only have to enter the code once and be done, but it's probably because I'm not pressing on the right button or it's a user error. Another thing is that it’s confusing if I should put the ADT sign up as I have heard the two opposing opinions about it. ADT says to put it up and it would deter people from breaking in. But a professional thief would have the schematics for every security system. On the other hand, there are others, Consumer Reports included, that say not to put the sign up because people wouldn’t know that there's a security system. And when the system functions, they wouldn't know which one to bypass. Currently, I don’t have it up.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I just moved to the area and the house already had a home security system. I saw all the neighbors had it and I wasn't really sure about the crime rate, so I got it hooked up. The interactions I had with the sales agent of Safe Streets was really good. He was helpful and I really liked him a lot. I've never had a home security system before, so he was very patient. I had the issues moving, so he worked with me very well. The installer was great because everything was already installed. I had dogs, so he said I would probably never set it to secure and away and he recommended doing some glass centers. My fiancé isn't tech savvy and the installer made sure he understood how to use the app. I love the app as well as the door sensors when the door is opened and closed. The cost of the system is very fair too. Safe Streets USA is great and that's who I'll always use from now on.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

My son comes home from school by himself so I purchased a home security system for his safety. My boyfriend reached out to Safe Streets and I went with this security provider. The guy who came to do the installation of the security system in my home was really informative. The installation went smoothly and I’m happy with the equipment.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I’ve always had a home security and I feel safer if there’s one in. I’ve had ADT at one time and then we had to change. I was out of town one time and my husband changed it when SafeStreetsUSA came by and said they had a good deal for him. The rep was very knowledgeable. The installer had to put in a new equipment and the old equipment was still here. There was a lot of wires, but he was able to work through that. And then, he put the keypad up and told me how to operate it. He was also very knowledgeable. The cost is normal. I have a three year contract which I’m perfectly happy with, but if I had known, I probably would’ve gone with the old one that was already in here because they had cameras up and those were not compatible with SafeStreetsUSA's equipment. Nevertheless, the features were fine and they’re easy for me to do. I would recommend SafeStreetsUSA.

SafeStreetsUSA expert review by Erin Raub

Choose from 6 security packages for $28.99-$62.99 a month with a 3-year contract. Systems include home automation options, a professional installation fee and extended limited warranties on all but the lowest package.

• Same day installation: In many cases, new customers can have their system installed the same day they sign up for service.

• Insurance discounts: Nearly all insurance companies offer a significant discount on homeowner's policies with proof that the home is secured with an ADT alarm system.

• Money-back guarantee: Thanks to SafeStreetsUSA's partnership with ADT, the protection provided by the alarm systems is guaranteed. If any problems cannot be resolved, ADT will refund the installation charge or the first six months of payments.

• One-hour installation window: SafeStreetsUSA gives customers a one-hour window when their installer will arrive, and 99 percent of installers arrive during that timeframe.

• Package options: SafeStreets USA offers a wide variety of home security and home control packages. Consumers can see all the options, the included features and the prices on the company’s website.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

SafeStreetsUSA Company Information