SAFE Security Systems

Compare Home Alarm & Security Systems

Research top Home Alarm & Security Systems recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

New home owner and got SAFE system installed in May 2017, almost week after moving in. Last night, a little over 2 months after installation, I lost all sensors. I finally got in touch with a representative today and she is telling me there is a $180 fee for the technician to come out and that's hourly. Told her I needed a supervisor because I will not pay that money, especially after just 2 months! She reduced it to $60 thinking she is doing me a favor, told her it was not good enough. They finally waived the fee. When I asked about insurance I was told I had 30 days to get insurance on the system. The problem is the person on the phone and the one who came to install the system never mentioned the insurance option to me. Will see what the fee is for early termination on a 3 year contract and go with another company. Terrible service, would not recommend it!!!

Luckily I was able to receive email confirmation that I cancelled my account within the 3 day grace period. The first night we had the system the sensor fell off the back door. They came back and got the equipment the following week. A month went by and I received a bill for a system I didn't even have in my house. I have called twice to ask them to make sure the bills would be stopped and the account is cancelled. They assured me that this was done. Tonight, two police officers burst into my home saying the alarm system had gone off. It was necessary to prove to the officers that I was of sound mind and that I was okay. I again called Safe Security and they have not cancelled my service. Can you believe this nightmare! Do not... I repeat do not trust this company. Wish me luck and I hope this third call to cancel will work.

They refused to use my new 911 address, unless I renewed the contract agreement. I have had trouble with them billing me 3 times for one account, promised free equipment I had to pay for later. Their service has been cancelled, I sent a registered letter to inform them, that I no longer wanted them to monitor my home.

I signed a 5 year contract with Pinnacle Security in 2011. The company was bought or changed its name to Safe Security. I did not renew the contract at the end of the 5 year agreement and told them I did not want to renew. I was told cancellation must be in writing, even though I was no longer under contract. I sent the letter and continue to be billed. This company is awful!

I had my system installed around June 2016. I had a someone else present during install. The installer left me no receipt to contact Safe Security, because system equipment failed after install and had a error that the door sensor was inop. I was told I was to receive an email to activate. Never received that email. Since I could not find the paper that had the company info, I could not call them and figured they would call me. Never happened. 2 months later I found safe on my credit report and called them. They do not have a 24 hour customer service, but calls forward to personal cell phone that are not answered all the time.

Around September, I was charged a service fee to have a service rep come out and replace the bad sensor and reactivate my system. Not Happy about that! At this point my system was not on but I had 2 months of fees due. Was given a voucher to cover that. In October my system failed and a cop was dispatched to my house. The kitchen sensor was bad. Placed a service call and a month and a half later in December a service man showed up to replace the bad motion sensor and I was charged for the months that my system did not work. I requested to talk to a sup and did. The sup denied my request to replace the remaining sensors... request was denied. March 2017 my front door sensor and Hallway motion sensor are inop. Cannot arm system. I will talk to another supervisor to get more info on cancelling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SAFE Security Systems?

More than 5 years ago I had an alarm system put in by Devcon Security. They went out of business and all of a sudden I was getting bills by Safe Security which raised me to 50 monthly. I called them and said "I never obligated or signed anything with you." They said I have to write a letter to cancel. I did this. Called half dozen times to no avail. They are still billing me. They play dumb and dumber with me and I am tired of this. I am on a fixed income from working 911. Can't afford their payments. I don't know how to deal with this horrible company. I am not the only one they do this to. Please help. Thank you.

I had previously had ADT security at my home, until Danielle knocked on my door. She was very pleasant and honest about not working for my company, but she also informed me that she could update my alarm system at no cost to and leave my monthly bill about the same depending on if I wanted cameras or not. This was music to my ears because I had just called ADT a couple weeks before inquiring about cameras and they wanted to charge me over $700 upfront and raise my monthly bill from $55 to almost $70 a month. I love my new security system, it's has great new features and love being able to turn the system on and off from my phone. I never buy from door to door people normally, but I would recommend Safe Security to anyone I know, or even anyone I don't know! Thank you Safe Security for protecting my home and my family.

I have had an alarm with Safe Security since 2010. I have been forced to call Safe Security twice when batteries failed within the last 6 months. Even though I have a contract that covers problems, they still charged me. The first incident was the system battery that needed to be replaced. They charged me for the battery and a delivery charge, but I had to drive into Albuquerque to pick up the battery myself. It took over 12 weeks to get them to send me a check to reimburse me for the delivery charge.

THEN my smoke detector battery failed and they could not fix the system, even with new batteries that I had replaced myself, so they said they would have a technician come out. I have been waiting for a phone call or appointment for over a month. NO ONE HAS CALLED, NOR HAS ANYONE COME TO MY HOUSE TO FIX MY FIRE ALARM. But, Safe Security charged me a $75.00 service call, EVEN THOUGH THE SERVICE CALL WAS TO BE COVERED BY MY CONTRACT! So, my fire alarm doesn't work, they have taken an extra $75.00+ from my checking account, and they cannot give me my money back for 6 to 8 weeks. I used to be glad I had an alarm system with this company, BUT NOT ANYMORE!!

Stay away from SAFE SECURITY in San Ramon, CA. They have hidden language in the agreement that auto renews and when you sell your house they stick you with it. I called to customer service before the 'auto' renewal telling them the house was being sold and nobody ever said it was ready to renew and if you sell you still have to pay. THEY ARE A RIPOFF!!! They are supposed to be protecting you but all they are doing is protecting their bottom line and stealing from the subscribers. Go to SimpliSafe or someplace else that doesn't steal from you.

I have been having repeated network failures with the Safe Security Alarm system. I called customer service and they at first told me it would cost me $118 to get someone to come out to see why the system keeps failing. After telling her to check the contract she admitted that I had a service contract and said she would have someone call me to set up a service appointment. Guess that should have been my first cue when she didn't set it up on the call. After 10 days no one had called so I called again. It was a weekend and I was told basically "too bad call on Monday" because they don't fix problems on the weekends. Wow, makes you feel real good about them and how they monitor your service.

On Monday I called and was told again they would have to have someone call me to make an appointment. At least this time they did call, but I was told that it would be another week before someone could actually come out and check the system. I still have two years on this contract, but it is on my desk and I am writing a letter today to cancel this service when the initial contract expires. Don't want to get caught in the whipsaw I have read on this page about getting stuck with another year of this less than stellar service. If you are a consumer looking for alarm services I would tell you to run and not just walk away from this company.

I ended my contract 1 month prior, BUT they wanted to happen 3 MONTHS before it expire! This rip-off company is charging me for 1 year for every month!! After being 5 years with them! What can I do? Can I file a lawsuit or am I screwed?

I signed a contract with a security company called Pinnacle Security. Apparently, Pinnacle was bought by Safe Security and I was never informed of this change. I had moved from the house where I signed the original contract and was unable to cancel or transfer the contract but was still never informed of the change. After living in my new home for the duration of the original contract and continuing to pay on a security service (that I was not even using) to fulfill my obligation, I finally called to cancel the service and was told repeatedly that I was still under contract. I managed to find the original contract and called back to inquire how I could be under a contract when the original terms were met. It was at this time (2 years after the original term was to end) that I was informed of the automatic renewal policy each January.

I informed the agent that I was no longer living in the home that was under contract, that I had met my obligation, that I was never informed of the change in company, and that I would like the contract to be terminated immediately. I was told I had to send a formal letter to cancel my service and pay almost $190. I wrote the letter along with how I felt that were taking advantage of people and that this was a scam. Safe Security wrote back and said that my service would be cancelled if I paid the $189. I waited a few months to call and finally terminate the contract in the hopes the balance would be smaller. I spoke with a man named Rick who told me he would gladly cancel my service and that the new total was $80 now. I paid the balance and got a confirmation number and assumed I was done.

However, I found an auto draft in my account from Safe Security again last month. I called to clarify and get it refunded and I was told I still owed $189 and that Rick was not authorized to give cancellation balances and cancel accounts. This company is running a scam. I have contacted my bank to stop all payments to this company and am now hiring a lawyer. I believe we could have a case on our hands. I have read the previous reviews and this seems to be their M.O. They refuse to cancel your service, make up lies about the terms, lose letters of cancellation, make up excuses as they go, and continue to draft money from your account despite giving you cancellation information. I would love more information on how to shut this company down so more people are not scammed and taken advantage of.

I sent a notice to Safe Security to cancel my service due to the sale of my home in April 2016. I pay on an annual basis and never received a refund of the remaining service. Then in September 2016, I get another annual charge posted on my bank statement. I called Safe Security and they claimed they never received my cancellation notice. I called again today and they said they left a voice mail (which was never received) asking me to send another cancellation notice. The service was good until you have to cancel and they try everything they can not to give a refund. Please do not use this company!

During setup, and the duration of service, I never had any complaints. The customer service was great (although they were slow answering their phones) and they were helpful. We decided to upgrade to a different company and knew we would be moving in the near future. The new company had local reps and Safe did not, and transferring our service was going to be super easy with new company. I called to cancel and was told I would have to buy out the remainder of our contract, which ended 10 months from that time. I opted to let the balance pay down in the monthly increments I was currently paying.

After it was paid off, I called to inquire about cancelling, was told I needed to submit the request in writing. In the chaos of move prep, I lost the address that I was supposed to send it to, called again, was told before I could talk to the cancellation dept, someone had to call me because it was already notated on my account that I was trying to close it. I never received the phone call, so I called back, again asking to speak to the cancellation dept. I got the same response as prior, this time I told them all I needed was the address to send the cancellation request to.

They gave me the info, I sent the letter and thought it should be all taken care of. Again I was billed for my service that had long since been replaced. Again I called. Only to be told that I owed money for a year of service I was not completing. Never once was I told that my service would renew for another year after my initial contract period. So all of my efforts to avoid paying out a chunk of change that, frankly, I could not afford all at once were for nothing as I ultimately still paid out a chunk of change that I could not afford. The supervisor did discount the rate that was owed, but honestly, I don't think I should have had to pay it. Only because I wanted to be done with them did I pay it. My husband filed a complaint and life goes on. We will NEVER use this company again.

I knew there was a racket going on when I sent in a written confirmation of cancelling my request, and I was told it was received but that it was not signed. I totally recall signing it so I asked them to scan and email it to me, and they said they did not retain it!! I had already emailed them of the cancellation and these days, that should have sufficed but they were very insistent on a letter. So I mailed another written cancellation and was called by Linda to say this was not received. She was screaming at me that I need to send written cancellation. At this point, I knew it was useless to keep sending letters, as they were deliberately doing this. I then saw all the complaints online of customers who had the same experience and were ripped off for months worth of service after they cancelled that they did not want.

There are calls by these customers for a class action and that is what will occur. Also, reports will be filed with the police as criminal proceedings need to be taken against the owner and managers that are behind this covert operation. Do not do business with this company -- or the people behind it. Per the website, the CEO is Paul Sargenti.

This company is unethical in their business practice. They do not explain the terms of their contracts and automatic renewal process. They lead the consumer to believe a contract is only an automatic renewal only after the first year when in reality when you call to cancel after several years being a client they bring to your attention the yearly renewal process. Management is not willing to work with the consumer and they even challenged the client to report the claim. Even after several attempts to try and work the situation out and explain to them that I would be reactivating our account once our new home closes escrow they would not try to find a resolution.

I wanted to cancel my account which had began 2007. I was told that it automatically renews in April and to look at my contract. To end this account would cost over $400 and now I must remember in 8 months to send a certified letter to cancel. As another reviewer stated they are the criminals, instead of the protector. I would love to be a part of a class action suit against this company.

Have been dealing with this company for years, they had bought out the other company and we did not have a chance to see if we wanted to keep them or change to someone else. We decided to go with another company and we were told to cancel the contract we would have to pay $185.00 and also write a letter of cancellation. I wrote the letter of cancellation and we decided just to stick with paying the monthly contract cost. Well called in the month of July and found out they are still billing us and can't find our letter.

Updated 8/14//2016 - I am adding to my prior review that I wrote back in July 2016. Never heard back from the representative who promised to call back to see if we could get the service cancelled for the rest of the year. Am now stuck paying $46.98 for another year for service we don't even have with this company. Consider it highway robbery to a bunch of thieves who do nothing to protect our home. Am going to write another letter of cancellation again since our original one was never "received" and am going to file a complaint with our States Attorney General about their business practices along with the BBB in our state and also will file a complaint to the States Attorney General from where ever they operate from.

If I have to will write a letter of cancellation every month that is certified so someone will get the point. I too would be happy to file a class action suit against this company with many other unhappy and dissatisfied people who feel that they have been scammed by this company. The representatives I've talked to in the past said they have sent me a letter explaining the contract but I've told them what contract? I doubt very much they have sent any such thing and so the excuses and fibs just continue.

Safe Security continues to bill me on a monthly basis even though I formally discontinued their services in November of 2015 after telling them I was dissatisfied by the way they kept increasing prices of service with no improvement of service. I am willing to join other dissatisfied customers in a class action suit if they are interested. I have seen this same complaint repeatedly on this site and others.

Very, very dissatisfied with the company as a whole. I would never be able to get through customer services. I had to cancel a month ahead of time even though I have been without a contract for three years having come over as a previous customer of Pinnacle. They would not refund my $48.97 payment even though my system has not been connected which showed up after a test was performed from their end. I would really, really stay away from this company!

After signing a contract with Pinnacle up until 2016 I called Safe Security to cancel services. The past few months I've mistakenly set off my alarm by going to the mailbox or to the garage without turning off the alarm. They were supposed to call and verify things were okay. They did not do that. They also were supposed to dispatch a police as Pinnacle did when I originally signed up. I would recommend you stay away from this company as well as reporting them to the better business bureau.

Safe Security has been extremely disappointing in many facets of their company. In March, we had two false alarms on our home on back-to-back days and we never set the alarm. We were away from the house both times the alarm was presumably set. Come to find out, we were billed $625 from LAPD for false alarms. Safe Security never informed us we needed to register the alarm with LAPD. Of course, we assume that it is a malfunction with the equipment and that Safe Security would handle it considering we weren't home when the alarm was set. No. After three different calls to have a technician come out, not one time did they return the call, set-up an appointment, or come to see the alarm. We were deemed liable before they even checked the equipment.

Upon this event, I called to check on my contractual obligations so that I could free myself from this ineptitude and was told I only needed to make one more payment and could cancel my service. Three weeks later, I receive a letter stating I owe $1199 for the remainder of my contract. Again, in talking to a service agent, they could not explain why I was told that and that there is no way to cancel the contract without the fee. So, here I am ironically financially imprisoned by a company that is supposed to protect. Stay away! Stay far away from Safe Security. There are way too many options out there than to deal with this company.

For over a year, after sending in a cancellation, they continue to bill for service. I explained to them that they breached their contract because the PUC changed the calling prefix to include a 408 dial code in addition to the phone number. So since Nov. of 2012, they were not monitoring me and I called many times to ask why haven't they acknowledged an alarm. They made many excuses, i.e.: the third party monitoring company. Now I get a phone call from Valerie ** at the San Ramon office threatening to ruin my credit if I don't pay for the service that they never provided. What we need to do is to file a class action lawsuit against this company and teach them a lesson in poor service and less than ethical communication to consumers. We can't let these people get away with this type of extremely poor service.

I was with a different company and my contract with that other company was only for 42 months and has ended. I have talked to 8 different people (one of them twice) and the very first person I spoke with transferred me to the collection department and says that I have to pay at least some of the money in 3 months or I would be turned into the collection agency. I have tried to explain to everyone that I spoke with and told them that I have lost my job and am trying to cut where I can because we have to basically live on my husband's salary.

Some of them said they wish they could do more for me, but basically I have to pay to stop them from turning me into the collection department and ruining my credit. So I asked them if there was anything else because I can't afford it, but it still comes down to the same thing. You have to pay us whether you have the money or not. So I guess that is what I will do. I have sent them a cancellation notice and they said they will honor it when the contract ends. I still can't believe that I have to pay whether I have the money or not. I am very sad that this has happened to me and my husband and my family. That is why I am writing this comment because this hurts and I do not want this to happen to anyone else.

There are too many incidents to list. Bottom line: poor customer service and poor tech support. Since June 2015 (now December 2015), I have attempted to get my system fixed. Because there was no technician available in my area (found this out 4 months later) I was given the option to cancel my account. Well, it had taken me two months to get that done. Horrible! I was told to expect a partial refund but now the refund is being denied. Don't do business with this company!!!

Absolutely terrible customer service experience. My alarm stopped working and I tried for months to get technical support. Finally was told that I should have never cancelled my home phone service and it was my fault the service wasn't working. I requested to cancel and they offered to credit my bill and give me an updated system. I agreed against my better judgement. Months passed and I heard nothing. One day, some equipment showed up at my home. No instructions, just equipment. I finally called and was told that I should have called when the equipment arrived (OK, never told that). I said again that I was unhappy with the service and that I had been waiting for months with no system while they continued billing me.

They offered to comp me several months of service. I said I still wanted to cancel. I was put through to a supervisor who said he would comp me three months of service and that he would make sure my service was cancelled. I asked for his name and extension so that I could call back when this didn't happen. He assured me it would. Another month goes by and I am charged AGAIN for service that I am not using. Then I received a bill for over $400 for the equipment they said I should have returned. I called and was told that since I hadn't submitted a cancellation letter I had not been cancelled. I said I had tried to cancel twice before and had never been told that I needed to submit anything. Continuous runaround from this company. Stay away.

I am just confirming that all the negative reviews are true and accurate and perfectly match our experience with Safe. An overly complex process to cancel, and when you follow the steps customer service gives, they inform you that there is something you forgot, and your contract auto renews for another year, something we were not told when we purchased the service. Our system has not worked in over two years, which is made more infuriating considering a service tech came out about 6 months ago to replace a battery in the panel and said everything was working now.

Sold our house in March. Realtor took care of information for transfer to the new owner. We are now getting billed and explained that the house was sold in March. They are making us pay for service now on a house we don't end. Told we had to pay out since they renewed our contract in June. Then they hung up and are refusing to give us the payout price after repeatedly telling them we want to cancel.

Tried canceling security monitoring with Safe Security in July of 2014. When I called and requested cancellation, I asked what I needed to do. They said that was it. Withdrawal from my checking account continued. Called back in February of 2015. They said I did not send in a letter, so my contract was automatically renewed for another year. Requested another cancellation at this time. Sent in a letter via email and fax. They stated since there was a misunderstanding, they would finish my contract out from Feb 2015-Nov 2015 for half price. Called and emailed to inquire if they received my letter and to make sure I was cancelled. Safe Security emailed and said yes, they received my cancellation letter. As of this time, I thought we were done. They continued to bill for the full amount.

Received a notification in August 2015 that Safe Security was trying to contact us because our alarm was not being monitored at this time, although we had already moved from the residence being monitored in January of 2015 and there were new owners. They had our new contact info because I gave it to them when I was dealing with everything back in February. Called Safe Security in August 2015 to see what was going on. Was put on hold for a lengthy amount of time. Called back Sept 7, 2015. Was put on hold, transferred, disconnected, put on hold again for over an hour. Finally talked to someone in the Finance Department stating that we did not authorize them to disconnect our service back in February. If we wanted to be done we needed to pay one more payment of $50 to end out the contract, which ends at the end of October 2015.

To sum it all up. I've been trying to cancel this service from July 2014 with numerous attempts on my part, calls, emails, letters sent, faxes sent and still there has always been one more stipulation, despite several attempts to ask them what else I needed to do. This has ended up costing an extra one year's worth of security charges which totals $600, for a security service in a house we no longer live in.

They continue to charge me after service was terminated months ago. They have a bunch of small print to do it legally and won't let me terminate account until everything is paid for. A company like this should be out of business!

SAFE Security Systems Company Profile