SAFE Security Systems

Compare Home Alarm & Security Systems

Research top Home Alarm & Security Systems recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ended my contract 1 month prior, BUT they wanted to happen 3 MONTHS before it expire! This rip-off company is charging me for 1 year for every month!! After being 5 years with them! What can I do? Can I file a lawsuit or am I screwed?

I signed a contract with a security company called Pinnacle Security. Apparently, Pinnacle was bought by Safe Security and I was never informed of this change. I had moved from the house where I signed the original contract and was unable to cancel or transfer the contract but was still never informed of the change. After living in my new home for the duration of the original contract and continuing to pay on a security service (that I was not even using) to fulfill my obligation, I finally called to cancel the service and was told repeatedly that I was still under contract. I managed to find the original contract and called back to inquire how I could be under a contract when the original terms were met. It was at this time (2 years after the original term was to end) that I was informed of the automatic renewal policy each January.

I informed the agent that I was no longer living in the home that was under contract, that I had met my obligation, that I was never informed of the change in company, and that I would like the contract to be terminated immediately. I was told I had to send a formal letter to cancel my service and pay almost $190. I wrote the letter along with how I felt that were taking advantage of people and that this was a scam. Safe Security wrote back and said that my service would be cancelled if I paid the $189. I waited a few months to call and finally terminate the contract in the hopes the balance would be smaller. I spoke with a man named Rick who told me he would gladly cancel my service and that the new total was $80 now. I paid the balance and got a confirmation number and assumed I was done.

However, I found an auto draft in my account from Safe Security again last month. I called to clarify and get it refunded and I was told I still owed $189 and that Rick was not authorized to give cancellation balances and cancel accounts. This company is running a scam. I have contacted my bank to stop all payments to this company and am now hiring a lawyer. I believe we could have a case on our hands. I have read the previous reviews and this seems to be their M.O. They refuse to cancel your service, make up lies about the terms, lose letters of cancellation, make up excuses as they go, and continue to draft money from your account despite giving you cancellation information. I would love more information on how to shut this company down so more people are not scammed and taken advantage of.

I sent a notice to Safe Security to cancel my service due to the sale of my home in April 2016. I pay on an annual basis and never received a refund of the remaining service. Then in September 2016, I get another annual charge posted on my bank statement. I called Safe Security and they claimed they never received my cancellation notice. I called again today and they said they left a voice mail (which was never received) asking me to send another cancellation notice. The service was good until you have to cancel and they try everything they can not to give a refund. Please do not use this company!

During setup, and the duration of service, I never had any complaints. The customer service was great (although they were slow answering their phones) and they were helpful. We decided to upgrade to a different company and knew we would be moving in the near future. The new company had local reps and Safe did not, and transferring our service was going to be super easy with new company. I called to cancel and was told I would have to buy out the remainder of our contract, which ended 10 months from that time. I opted to let the balance pay down in the monthly increments I was currently paying.

After it was paid off, I called to inquire about cancelling, was told I needed to submit the request in writing. In the chaos of move prep, I lost the address that I was supposed to send it to, called again, was told before I could talk to the cancellation dept, someone had to call me because it was already notated on my account that I was trying to close it. I never received the phone call, so I called back, again asking to speak to the cancellation dept. I got the same response as prior, this time I told them all I needed was the address to send the cancellation request to.

They gave me the info, I sent the letter and thought it should be all taken care of. Again I was billed for my service that had long since been replaced. Again I called. Only to be told that I owed money for a year of service I was not completing. Never once was I told that my service would renew for another year after my initial contract period. So all of my efforts to avoid paying out a chunk of change that, frankly, I could not afford all at once were for nothing as I ultimately still paid out a chunk of change that I could not afford. The supervisor did discount the rate that was owed, but honestly, I don't think I should have had to pay it. Only because I wanted to be done with them did I pay it. My husband filed a complaint and life goes on. We will NEVER use this company again.

I knew there was a racket going on when I sent in a written confirmation of cancelling my request, and I was told it was received but that it was not signed. I totally recall signing it so I asked them to scan and email it to me, and they said they did not retain it!! I had already emailed them of the cancellation and these days, that should have sufficed but they were very insistent on a letter. So I mailed another written cancellation and was called by Linda to say this was not received. She was screaming at me that I need to send written cancellation. At this point, I knew it was useless to keep sending letters, as they were deliberately doing this. I then saw all the complaints online of customers who had the same experience and were ripped off for months worth of service after they cancelled that they did not want.

There are calls by these customers for a class action and that is what will occur. Also, reports will be filed with the police as criminal proceedings need to be taken against the owner and managers that are behind this covert operation. Do not do business with this company -- or the people behind it. Per the website, the CEO is Paul Sargenti.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SAFE Security Systems?

This company is unethical in their business practice. They do not explain the terms of their contracts and automatic renewal process. They lead the consumer to believe a contract is only an automatic renewal only after the first year when in reality when you call to cancel after several years being a client they bring to your attention the yearly renewal process. Management is not willing to work with the consumer and they even challenged the client to report the claim. Even after several attempts to try and work the situation out and explain to them that I would be reactivating our account once our new home closes escrow they would not try to find a resolution.

I wanted to cancel my account which had began 2007. I was told that it automatically renews in April and to look at my contract. To end this account would cost over $400 and now I must remember in 8 months to send a certified letter to cancel. As another reviewer stated they are the criminals, instead of the protector. I would love to be a part of a class action suit against this company.

Have been dealing with this company for years, they had bought out the other company and we did not have a chance to see if we wanted to keep them or change to someone else. We decided to go with another company and we were told to cancel the contract we would have to pay $185.00 and also write a letter of cancellation. I wrote the letter of cancellation and we decided just to stick with paying the monthly contract cost. Well called in the month of July and found out they are still billing us and can't find our letter.

Updated 8/14//2016 - I am adding to my prior review that I wrote back in July 2016. Never heard back from the representative who promised to call back to see if we could get the service cancelled for the rest of the year. Am now stuck paying $46.98 for another year for service we don't even have with this company. Consider it highway robbery to a bunch of thieves who do nothing to protect our home. Am going to write another letter of cancellation again since our original one was never "received" and am going to file a complaint with our States Attorney General about their business practices along with the BBB in our state and also will file a complaint to the States Attorney General from where ever they operate from.

If I have to will write a letter of cancellation every month that is certified so someone will get the point. I too would be happy to file a class action suit against this company with many other unhappy and dissatisfied people who feel that they have been scammed by this company. The representatives I've talked to in the past said they have sent me a letter explaining the contract but I've told them what contract? I doubt very much they have sent any such thing and so the excuses and fibs just continue.

Safe Security continues to bill me on a monthly basis even though I formally discontinued their services in November of 2015 after telling them I was dissatisfied by the way they kept increasing prices of service with no improvement of service. I am willing to join other dissatisfied customers in a class action suit if they are interested. I have seen this same complaint repeatedly on this site and others.

Very, very dissatisfied with the company as a whole. I would never be able to get through customer services. I had to cancel a month ahead of time even though I have been without a contract for three years having come over as a previous customer of Pinnacle. They would not refund my $48.97 payment even though my system has not been connected which showed up after a test was performed from their end. I would really, really stay away from this company!

After signing a contract with Pinnacle up until 2016 I called Safe Security to cancel services. The past few months I've mistakenly set off my alarm by going to the mailbox or to the garage without turning off the alarm. They were supposed to call and verify things were okay. They did not do that. They also were supposed to dispatch a police as Pinnacle did when I originally signed up. I would recommend you stay away from this company as well as reporting them to the better business bureau.

Safe Security has been extremely disappointing in many facets of their company. In March, we had two false alarms on our home on back-to-back days and we never set the alarm. We were away from the house both times the alarm was presumably set. Come to find out, we were billed $625 from LAPD for false alarms. Safe Security never informed us we needed to register the alarm with LAPD. Of course, we assume that it is a malfunction with the equipment and that Safe Security would handle it considering we weren't home when the alarm was set. No. After three different calls to have a technician come out, not one time did they return the call, set-up an appointment, or come to see the alarm. We were deemed liable before they even checked the equipment.

Upon this event, I called to check on my contractual obligations so that I could free myself from this ineptitude and was told I only needed to make one more payment and could cancel my service. Three weeks later, I receive a letter stating I owe $1199 for the remainder of my contract. Again, in talking to a service agent, they could not explain why I was told that and that there is no way to cancel the contract without the fee. So, here I am ironically financially imprisoned by a company that is supposed to protect. Stay away! Stay far away from Safe Security. There are way too many options out there than to deal with this company.

For over a year, after sending in a cancellation, they continue to bill for service. I explained to them that they breached their contract because the PUC changed the calling prefix to include a 408 dial code in addition to the phone number. So since Nov. of 2012, they were not monitoring me and I called many times to ask why haven't they acknowledged an alarm. They made many excuses, i.e.: the third party monitoring company. Now I get a phone call from Valerie ** at the San Ramon office threatening to ruin my credit if I don't pay for the service that they never provided. What we need to do is to file a class action lawsuit against this company and teach them a lesson in poor service and less than ethical communication to consumers. We can't let these people get away with this type of extremely poor service.

I was with a different company and my contract with that other company was only for 42 months and has ended. I have talked to 8 different people (one of them twice) and the very first person I spoke with transferred me to the collection department and says that I have to pay at least some of the money in 3 months or I would be turned into the collection agency. I have tried to explain to everyone that I spoke with and told them that I have lost my job and am trying to cut where I can because we have to basically live on my husband's salary.

Some of them said they wish they could do more for me, but basically I have to pay to stop them from turning me into the collection department and ruining my credit. So I asked them if there was anything else because I can't afford it, but it still comes down to the same thing. You have to pay us whether you have the money or not. So I guess that is what I will do. I have sent them a cancellation notice and they said they will honor it when the contract ends. I still can't believe that I have to pay whether I have the money or not. I am very sad that this has happened to me and my husband and my family. That is why I am writing this comment because this hurts and I do not want this to happen to anyone else.

There are too many incidents to list. Bottom line: poor customer service and poor tech support. Since June 2015 (now December 2015), I have attempted to get my system fixed. Because there was no technician available in my area (found this out 4 months later) I was given the option to cancel my account. Well, it had taken me two months to get that done. Horrible! I was told to expect a partial refund but now the refund is being denied. Don't do business with this company!!!

Absolutely terrible customer service experience. My alarm stopped working and I tried for months to get technical support. Finally was told that I should have never cancelled my home phone service and it was my fault the service wasn't working. I requested to cancel and they offered to credit my bill and give me an updated system. I agreed against my better judgement. Months passed and I heard nothing. One day, some equipment showed up at my home. No instructions, just equipment. I finally called and was told that I should have called when the equipment arrived (OK, never told that). I said again that I was unhappy with the service and that I had been waiting for months with no system while they continued billing me.

They offered to comp me several months of service. I said I still wanted to cancel. I was put through to a supervisor who said he would comp me three months of service and that he would make sure my service was cancelled. I asked for his name and extension so that I could call back when this didn't happen. He assured me it would. Another month goes by and I am charged AGAIN for service that I am not using. Then I received a bill for over $400 for the equipment they said I should have returned. I called and was told that since I hadn't submitted a cancellation letter I had not been cancelled. I said I had tried to cancel twice before and had never been told that I needed to submit anything. Continuous runaround from this company. Stay away.

I am just confirming that all the negative reviews are true and accurate and perfectly match our experience with Safe. An overly complex process to cancel, and when you follow the steps customer service gives, they inform you that there is something you forgot, and your contract auto renews for another year, something we were not told when we purchased the service. Our system has not worked in over two years, which is made more infuriating considering a service tech came out about 6 months ago to replace a battery in the panel and said everything was working now.

Sold our house in March. Realtor took care of information for transfer to the new owner. We are now getting billed and explained that the house was sold in March. They are making us pay for service now on a house we don't end. Told we had to pay out since they renewed our contract in June. Then they hung up and are refusing to give us the payout price after repeatedly telling them we want to cancel.

Tried canceling security monitoring with Safe Security in July of 2014. When I called and requested cancellation, I asked what I needed to do. They said that was it. Withdrawal from my checking account continued. Called back in February of 2015. They said I did not send in a letter, so my contract was automatically renewed for another year. Requested another cancellation at this time. Sent in a letter via email and fax. They stated since there was a misunderstanding, they would finish my contract out from Feb 2015-Nov 2015 for half price. Called and emailed to inquire if they received my letter and to make sure I was cancelled. Safe Security emailed and said yes, they received my cancellation letter. As of this time, I thought we were done. They continued to bill for the full amount.

Received a notification in August 2015 that Safe Security was trying to contact us because our alarm was not being monitored at this time, although we had already moved from the residence being monitored in January of 2015 and there were new owners. They had our new contact info because I gave it to them when I was dealing with everything back in February. Called Safe Security in August 2015 to see what was going on. Was put on hold for a lengthy amount of time. Called back Sept 7, 2015. Was put on hold, transferred, disconnected, put on hold again for over an hour. Finally talked to someone in the Finance Department stating that we did not authorize them to disconnect our service back in February. If we wanted to be done we needed to pay one more payment of $50 to end out the contract, which ends at the end of October 2015.

To sum it all up. I've been trying to cancel this service from July 2014 with numerous attempts on my part, calls, emails, letters sent, faxes sent and still there has always been one more stipulation, despite several attempts to ask them what else I needed to do. This has ended up costing an extra one year's worth of security charges which totals $600, for a security service in a house we no longer live in.

They continue to charge me after service was terminated months ago. They have a bunch of small print to do it legally and won't let me terminate account until everything is paid for. A company like this should be out of business!

The worst company I have ever experienced. They should be shut down. Even though I had no contract with these crooks they are still billing me. Beware of this company because no one will help you.

The security system in my home has not worked correctly for over 2 years. After calls for service resulted in my being told that I must pay for service at their outrageous rates, I simply put up with the discomfort and lack of security at $42.77 a month. I finally found a better company and had their system installed. I was unable to reach anyone at Safe for several days, then was told A) I could not cancel my service, B) I had to cancel my service 30 days in advance in writing, C) I could fax the cancellation letter, but D) my service was due for RENEWAL in one week, so D) I was going to have my service renewed whether I wanted it or not and would have to pay the full year's service charges or pay it in one lump sum!! First, the fax number(S) I was given did not work. Then, after 5 days, the fax suddenly went through. Outcome? No response except Safe deducted the service payment from my checking account.

I signed a contract with Pinnacle in 2007. I too was a faithful, loyal customer and satisfied with their services. The original company dissolved and was replaced by SAFE Security. A company I was not allowed to evaluate or approve for services agreement. I switched to another company in 2013 that had better equipment and monitoring services. SAFE Security will not stop taking automatic payments from my bank account despite my positive efforts to terminate both services and payments. After paying a bank fee to stop automatic payments, I called SS about a pending automatic payment. Annette stated that automatic payment has been terminated by SS. The next month I received a letter requesting a payment for monitoring services.

I immediately called SS and Faye told me to disregard the letter. Faye on the computer account said "I see you have several times requested cancellation of services." Faye said there will be no further charges and Faye told me to simply throw the future bills in the garbage. As of July 27, 2015 I received an invoice requesting the previous balance and current balance with an additional fee. I immediately called SS and Al ** gave me an entirely different explanation from Faye requiring me to pay the current balance. I am contacting the Texas Attorney General and filing a consumer complaint. This business is immoral and unethical.

Company continues to bill past contract cancellation. They are no longer providing home monitoring service and are using continued billing as an intimidation tactic to get me to pay for a disputed auto renewing contract that they misrepresented as being month to month. They lie to you and deceive you to keep you from finding out you are in a auto renew contract which wasn't even taken out with them but with a previous company.

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! I was a customer for over five years and when I sold my home I tried to transfer service to my new home. The sales team never returned calls (and don't answer the phone) and the customer service team won't cancel your account even after multiple notifications, so I continued paying for a new homeowner to have service in my old home. After almost a full year trying to resolve the situation I asked what it would cost to terminate the contract and was given two different prices in the same phone call (one nearly $300 and the other nearly $800!!). They refused to provide in writing that they acknowledged receiving my cancellation letter (even though they verbally confirmed it had been on file for months). This is the most unethical company I've ever done business with in my life. Beware.

The technicians were extremely professional and went the extra mile to ensure that my security system was repaired within 24 hours. They call the local contractor and placed us on three way to coordinate repair. The technician arrived after normal business hours and promptly repaired the system. Safe Security has a customer for life. Thanks for a job well done.

Our Service was bought out by Safe Security Systems in late 2013 and takeover in 2014. Has not worked correctly since fall of 2014. We called and after the system beeping 24/7 Three different techs came to try and fix it. In Feb we thought it was fixed and agreed to renew for a lesser price. BUT it still was beeping again. Another tech that came out said to change the batteries and that would help. NO that did not fix it. Finally after more calls the tech support tried to fix the problem from the center because it is a wireless system. Still not fixed.

Then they called again to get more info and finally whatever they tried stopped the beeping. They were able to remove the error code. Now they want the old payment that they are not honoring the new price - BUT want to charge $75 for battery service, which is not why they were there in the first place. The guy who was here said to buy a new battery from him and he would put it in. Hoping this would help I agreed. Still it did not work. I am disgusted with this whole rip off operation and poor service. I want this contracted voided and quit the service entirely.

Service stinks! For an alarm company, we can't send service man on weekends. Next available service is in 2 weeks! When he finally shows up, won't do any work unless gets paid first although we have service contract!! Terminated contract per their 30 day requirement. After being run around, after 6 months, we are still waiting for refund! They are a bunch of frauds.

I had a positive attitude when I started but noticed there were many temps, as there was a lot of turnaround with employees. Not sure how many made it to permanency. First, the employees were not friendly, acted like a mean girl clique towards the new people. Second, they didn't want you to use your mouse at all, even to get to files in your computer. Thirdly, they expect you to work sick, a very bad cold, stomach flu or anything. With everybody there working while sick, you are bound to catch something. I did catch a horrible cold from a fellow co-worker and missed my 7th day there due to the fact that the other employees were giving me dirty looks when I was having my chest rattling cough the day before. They informed my temp agency the same day that my assignment was ended because I was expected to work no matter how sick I was or how contagious I was. I think that is unsanitary and unreasonable.

Was not told that the contract would be renewed after the original three-year contract unless you submitted a letter declining renewal 30 days before end of contract. HOW DOES THE RENEWAL OF THE CONTRACT BENEFIT ME? What is the purpose of renewing the contract? Sounds like a gimmick just to keep customers.

SAFE Security Systems Company Profile