1.23/5

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

SAFE Security Systems

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

SAFE Security Systems Reviews

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I have had service with this company for over 10 years; however, they changed hands in that time frame and didn't inform me that my contract renews automatically every year. I thought I was on a month to month. When I tried to cancel today, because I figured out they are way more expensive than other alarm companies, they informed me my contract just renewed 2 months ago and I had to pay the full balance for the next 10 months in order for them to cancel. I told them no way was I going to and they said fine, they'll send it to collections. I told them, "Go ahead", and then I had to go to my bank to have them do a stop pay on the automatic payment that comes out from Safe Security. The stop pay is good for 18 months.

You would think someone who has used their service for over a decade would give me a break, especially since the alarm company changed hands and they didn't inform me of the 1 year automatic renewal. She said it's in my original contract, but what contract is she talking about? Because they didn't have me sign anything when they took over. This company is bogus.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Representative came to home and said they were upgrading ADT Alarms, which I had. Said they monitored for ADT. This was 2 weeks after my husband died unexpectedly and I was still trying to figure out bills and contracts. I approved it for 2 years, turned out to be 3 and was assured if I moved as planned and they couldn't service, contract would be cancelled. Moved to Lake Havasu City, AZ and they have no monitoring available. Service to set up unit in my home would come from Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV or Palm Springs, CA and I would have to pay round trip travel time; 6 to 9 hours.

They have held me to payments for full 3 years without having service for last year and a half. If I didn't pay; I would be sued for the amount and all legal costs to get their money. Rude nasty people to deal with! I was told they were not responsible for what Representative's tell people. In this last bill, got a notice that AAA Smart Home has acquired Safe Security and gave them glowing recommendation. I can't believe AAA would hook up with a company that is as dishonest as this one is!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

What is the point of an alarm system if they won't update addresses, phone numbers, contact information. I attempted to correct the address several times and it was never completed. I terminated service but because of their ridiculous contract terms ended up "owing" for additional months for which no service was provided. Safe Security is hands down one of the worst companies I have ever done business with. I feel safer with no alarm system than with theirs.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I have had Safe for over 6 years and I recently moved and tried to cancel my service and have had the worst customer service experience ever! All of the 3 reps I have spoken to have been very rude, and refuse to transfer me their customer service department! Also they keep telling me there is not a supervisor available, 3 days straight, and they will call back, but they never do! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

At the time my 85 year old Mother thought she signed a two year deal. She didn't receive any paperwork from the Salesman who came to the house. After two years and now 87, she moved in with me "her son". Safe Security claims the 85 year old widow signed a 5 year deal. The paperwork reflects 5 years but my Mother thought she signed "on the computer" a 2 year deal. They refuse to respond to our Attorney letters and continue to bill monthly. This POS is the biggest SCAM company and would steer clear. Read and heed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SAFE Security Systems?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

After for almost a year of not able to set alarm due to always breaking and being charged each repair. I decided to call for cancellation after being a customer since 2015. To be on hold for literally 20 minutes. Just to be told that my contract says that automatic renew each year and will be up in August and would have to pay $500 to cancel. This was never mentioned to us when we signed the contract. Not only did not mention they said you can cancel at anytime. Very bad marketing and misleading information.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I signed up with my Original Monitoring Company, Tekna Monitoring on 5/2018. Tekna Monitoring was also working at that time with Safe Security. I kept in touch with our original Sales Rep. I called our Sales Rep. a few months ago for a new sign for our front yard, and was told Tekna Monitoring had several accounts taken over by Safe Security in a hostile manner, mine included! Our Rep. stated that he really could not tell me more than that! To date, I have still received no notification from Safe Security that they are my new company.

4 days ago on Monday 10/14/19, we were unable to set our alarm on our house. The keypad for our alarm had an error code telling us to contact the alarm company at a specific 800#. I called that number, which was a general # for Safe Security. I pressed the # option for Troubleshooting our System as our System was not functioning. I got a Rep. on the phone who looked up my account and told me that Safe Security had not received payment on my account since March of this year, 2019! I was in disbelief and panicked because $40.95 was being charged to my Visa every month for monitoring services! I told the Rep. that it must be a mistake!

Then I began to believe that somehow my Visa had been Criminally Hacked! Actually this particular Rep. believed me, I think!!! I was in tears and I begged him to help me! I asked him to ask the Safe Security Supervisor if I could make the back payments (6 months worth?) and reinstate my account. The Supervisor said no! The Rep. gave me the # of the Collection agency that would be attempting to collect. My head was spinning! Was I hacked? Collections? I have never missed a payment on anything and I have excellent credit. I did contact the Collection Company and got a Contact Person. I told him everything I knew to date. I told him that I would pay the 6 months of service that somehow did not get billed to my Visa. He did not yet have my paperwork, and said he would call me when he did.

I made 3 more calls to Safe Security Billing. I finally found out that the expiration date of my Credit card on file had expired in April, hence Safe Security was unable to bill me. I asked why no one emailed me, sent me a letter, or phoned me? The Rep. told me 2 letters were sent, and returned to them undeliverable!!! I asked what address those were sent to, and they were the wrong address!!! You think after the 1st one was sent back undeliverable, that a 2nd one would have not gone out?! I actually did not receive any phone communication from Safe Security until 9/30/19, and a woman just said her name and to call her back. I'm sorry that I did not, I receive sales calls frequently, and normally do not return them! I wish that she would have mentioned the nature of the call!

Anyway, today is October 17, 2019, and I just received a call from my Contact person at the Collection Agency. His tone was much different since I spoke with him a few days ago! He said Safe Security was charging me for the 6 months that my credit card was not charged, (I offered to pay that!), but also for the 1 1/2 years remaining on my contract! (Even though they terminated my contract on 9/30/2019 and REFUSED to let me pay them, after they did not contact me about my credit card expiring!!!) Not only Was Safe Security Charging me for the 6 months, plus the remaining 1 1/2 years, there were Late Fees and Legal Fees on top of that!!!!

The Collection Agency Rep. stated that Safe Security was much more important to them than a single individual, and that I had better pay this amount or my Credit would be adversely affected! Then, they would forward this delinquent account to yet another Collection Agency that would pursue me further!!! That "This Will Not Go Away Ms. Reed!!!! OH MY GOD!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

This company should be put on the chopping block and smash because first of all, it was sold out to another company and I wasn't notified. 2nd I never sign up for a 3 yr contract when it was first put in my home. I was told it was a month to month deal and I could cancel anytime I want and that wasn't the deal. 3rd when it was sold out to another bogus company that its employees are rude and liars. They seem like it is being ran from home based not a business; I haven't got my refund back yet from being charge when I called and went through an hassles to cancel the contract.

I asked, "why can't you put the refund back into my acct. the same way you all took it out." I was told they are not allowed to have my acct information. So how did you get the payment if you didn't already have my acct information. Come on stop with the foolishness. I wish there was a way to do a investigation on this company to see if they are legal. I really don't think they are because it seems so out of place that you can't refund my money back into my acct the same way you took it out.

Original review: June 6, 2019

We moved in 2013 and chose to keep the existing security system, but somehow got switched to Safe Security with a three year contract that they wouldn't let us cancel even though we moved a year later. I made multiple phone calls pleading with them to avoid wasting nearly $50 a month, and they refused, even threatened to sue if we didn't continue the contract. When I was finally able to cancel today, the rep told me they wouldn't make any money if they allowed people to cancel their contracts for any reason. They don't deserve your business for any reason.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Someone showed up to our door and said they needed to Update our ADT system. Turns out the guy switched our whole system and didn't say he was from Safe Security!!!! Everyone I have to spoke to on the phone has been "polite" and seemingly helpful BUT they assured me they would refund my cancellation fee to ADT and apologized for the false representation. It would be a complete hassle to change everything out again and since they offered to pay the cancellation fee we just left it! Well...here it is a couple months later and still no refund check and everytime I call they say someone will get back to me and they never do!!!! I'm so mad now and am going to file every complaint against them I can!!!

SAFE Security Systems expert review by Ben Mannes

Monitored residential security plans start at $29.95/month. System equipment costs $99 and includes a free home security audit.

• Standard security equipment: Standard security plans come with a keypad, portable panic button, video surveillance cameras and intrusion detection.

• Mobile app: Control your home security system, lights, thermostat, door locks and other devices with home automation features through your phone.

• Professional monitoring: Get 24/7 monitoring for home intrusion, fire, flood and carbon monoxide.

• Extended Service Plans: Optimize your system for an additional $7.95/month. Safe residential extended service agreement covers repair and replacement of parts and may discount your insurance premium.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
      Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

SAFE Security Systems Company Information