Call toll free
2.69/5

(Previously MONI)

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Brinks Home Security™ is one of the largest home security alarm monitoring companies in the U.S. Headquartered in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Brinks Home Security secures approximately 1 million residential and commercial customers through highly responsive, simple home security solutions that are backed by expertly trained professionals. The company is supported by the nation’s largest network of independent authorized dealers, providing products and support to customers in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.

Brinks Home Security™ Gallery (2)
Consumers Choice Award Winner
A+BBB Rating
Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Security Systems J.D. Power
View More View More

2860 Brinks Home Security™ Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 21, 2019

My account was transferred four times from Pinnacle to Monitronics, from Monitronics to Moni, from Moni to Brinks Home Security System. but that's not a worst.

Brinks Home Security Customer service is simply terrible, lie after a new lie. Supervisor almost never available to speak (on a lunch or is not available) left a phone number with a messages numerous times never returned a call back. Installed some cheap Made in China Smoke Alarm on a new service location and after three months of monitoring started to get false alarms and fire department came in 4 times. Called to tech.support three times to fix an issue, still did not helped.

When they send an technician to address the issue and wanted charge me for it even is under one year old equipment. Changed three time smoke detector, still did not helped and all of this within a first year. Never resolved a problem within a year and then they said now I will have to pay for each visit. My tenants has a year old baby. It was a nightmare for more than a year for me landlord and for them of course. Any time I called to customer service it's always DENIAL DENIAL, also a lot of incompetent people working there.

After more than a year those genius finally manage to changed a location of smoke detector and false alarm problem was finally gone. In 2017 March they started to add new FEES which we never discussed or agreed upon. (Cost Recovery Fee $0.97 +Tax on it; Paper Statement Fee$1.99+Tax on it;) my $30 monthly contract got changed almost by $10 more? Called today spoke with supervisor (wow). She explained it's in a contract, and I asked then why I did not had those fees before in a the statements? She said she will be sending me a contract which I signed within 24 hours. Looking forward to that. These issues is probably just a half of everything happened with this company. My contract is ending this year in August!!! :) GOODBYE BRINKS FOREVER!!! NO MORE B.S.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Gedminas, At brinks home security our customers experience, we strive for nothing but the best. Hearing you having technical issues is alarming. Our customer tech support department is a dedicated department always eager to assist in technical issues. We are more than happy to get a technician out to your home and resolve this matter for a better experience. If you could please send us a direct email to socialmedia@brinkshome and I would be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 20, 2019

I used to have LiveWatch for over a year now until they were bought by Brinks. I am paying for the service with the video monitoring feature while I have the basic service. The first customer service agent Christina hung up on me while I was explaining my concern and the second customer service representative Sandra did not care at all about my concern; instead, she offered me to get a new plan or move on. Well! Thank you Brinks. After 13 months I am taking my business somewhere else where customers are valuable and respected. To the people reading this. Stay away from Brinks.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Vilen, We are taken back by the experience described in your review of our services. At Brinks Home our customer satisfaction means the world to us. I would love to investigate this matter further so I can provide further feedback to the agents involved in this matter. If you could please send me a direct email and I would be happy to assist you in resolving this matter. -Jacob B

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have had good experience with Brinks so far. I knew them from their reputation and the pricing they have was good. The security system was already installed in my home and when I spoke with someone from their customer service team, I was walked through some of the steps we had to do to get it registered to them. Brinks has a really good phone app and it's convenient. Since having it, I feel safer and it is nice that my house is always secured now when I am not home.

Brinks Home Security™ response

John,We are filled with Joy knowing that we can provide you with services for sooo long. Thank for being a long time loyal customer with us. If there is anything you need or anything we can do to make time with us even better, please feel free to let us know. -Jacob B

Original review: March 19, 2019

My husband had a hard time canceling the service that was no longer under contract. They first requested a letter stating that he no longer wanted the service; done. They claim that they didn’t get the first letter, mailed another one. They continued to take money out of the account. He spoke with a account manager that stated that he didn’t put his password in the letter and therefore they couldn’t cancel the service. After becoming indignant, they decided to cancel. I would not recommend this home security service to anyone.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Patricia, We are so sorry to hear of this negative experience when attempting to cancel your services. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. With this being said allow us to look into this matter, could you please send us a private message on here with your account information and I would be happy to resolve this matter. -Jacob B

Original review: March 19, 2019

Worst company ever. I I inherited this sorry company after Moni. I called to cancel my services in which I was no longer under contract. They told me that I had an upgrade. I asked what was the upgrade. They told me that they lowered my payment and that I agreed over the phone. I wish I did not. I asked them to send me the contract that I sign. They sent me a paper that stated I verbally agreed in which I did not. They tried to let me listen to the recording in which it was not my voice or very difficult to hear. Also, they debited my account after I asked them not to. I never authorized they debit my account. I going to my bank ASAP. I also told them to cancel my account. Horrible company. Rip off. Do not use this company. Warning. Rip off.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Chery,We are so sorry to hear of this negative experience when attempting to cancel your services. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. With this being said allow us to look into this matter, could you please send us a private message on here with your account information and I would be happy to resolve this matter. -Jacob B

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brinks Home Security™?

Original review: March 18, 2019

1 out of many calls for tech support was not a 30 min wait to get nothing resolved. I have called several times for different window false tamper alarms. The last few calls very hard to hear them and understand them but they were no help either. After several calls and waiting 30 mins every time, very annoyed. I signed up with alarm.com in 2013 had Guardian and Moni. No Problems. Here in the last few months since it's been Brinks constant window sensor false alarms. Seems impossible to get someone scheduled to look at your system. The one time I did get help he deactivated the sensor until I got knew one (now afraid to call tech support to help step me through setting it up). Since, then other sensor giving me issues and can't even get them to deactivate so I can use the system and not worry about false tamper alarms. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!

Brinks Home Security™ response

Cheryl, We are so sorry to hear of the recent issue with your window sensors. Here at Brinks Home Security we care for your protection and satisfaction. In review of the account I see that a technician has since been at your home to resolve this matter. If there is anything I can do further to make your experience, please feel free to reach out to us. -Jacob B

Original review: March 18, 2019

I was a customer for many years. When I wanted to cancel my system. I had to call 3 times to get information on how. They transferred my call to several people. They said I had to wait until current contract ends. Didn't even answer my questions on steps to follow. I didn't want to get charged after contract ends. I explained and asked how. They didn't provide information requested.

Once I was able to cancel. They still didn't inform or answer my questions. They said info was on the original contract. Since they were not helpful, I called again after cancellation to confirm I will not get charged again, as it was my intention and I explained from the beginning. This last person says I will get charged again because I was never told there was a 30 day notice. I've been calling for 3 months to cancel and they never informed me correctly.

Summary: They won't provide information to help customers, even when customers ask. They only provide information to help grow the company. They don't listen. They don't answer. They don't help. Sad. It shouldn't take 3 months to get basic information. I spoke to 4 different people. No one provided requested information for 3 months. If you sign a contract with them, then you are caged with them.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Susan, Oh no we never like for a customer to have a negative experience when requesting cancellation. At Brinks Home we care for our customer satisfaction and that's why we won the JD Power award for highest customer satisfaction. In review of your account I show that you were given an competitive offer to stay with us and you had advised us to hold off on cancelling the services. Nonetheless no request should ever be a difficult one, allow me to look into this matter and provide a prompt resolution. -Jacob B

Original review: March 18, 2019

I liked the way the Brinks salesperson explained their system to me. Also, I usually text Brinks and the guys are quick with their responses. Their techs are really good too. Recently, I had to call their customer service because my alarm was going off. The alarm went off two days in a row at 5:00 in the morning but it was because I had it wrong. The rep was very patient with me even though he could tell that I was a little bit upset.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hilda,Thank you so much for leaving us this amazing feedback regarding our sales process. In regards to not being qualified, I have reached to our sales team and a dedicated member will be reaching out to as soon a possible to provide you the best possible option for you getting your home protected. Thank you again and have a wonderful day. -Jacob B

Original review: March 16, 2019

We've had a lot of issues with Brinks. It's been a month now but the security system still is not connected to my phone. It's hooked up to our phone. It tells us on our phone, but it doesn't call the alarm. In addition to that, the equipment took two weeks for it to get here. While we do have some issues, overall, I like the customer service at Brinks. They're very patient and nice.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Esmat, We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the world. We value all of our customers and look forward to protecting you for many years to come. -Jacob B

Original review: March 16, 2019

First things first, I fully admit that I was dumb to even consider a home security system. When the vast majority of homes will never be broken into in the first place and having a home security system really does not change the outcome because the crime will have already occurred by the time the alarm company contacts YOU. That is right, they contact YOU not the police. Let's say you are one of the few people to have their home burglarized. The average damage/loss is not as much as the annual cost of having a system in your home. Brinks/Monitronics/Elite are the business of scamming people. They change their name every couple of years to hide from the lawsuits and bad reviews that follow them around.

I allowed my ex-wife to start a 5 year contract with whatever name they were scamming people under at the time. The only way to get out of the contract is to pay the full amount still remaining. So let's say you have the account for four months when you realize how stupid it is to pay over $50 per month for a service that has false alarms and other glitches constantly. You call this company and say that it is not working out and you want to cancel. The only way to cancel is to pay every monthly payment for the next 4.5 years which is thousands of dollars.

The customer service center is rude and tells you that you are dumb because you are not honoring the contract. When you show them that they are not honoring the contract by consistently having malfunctions or because you requested they move your service from one address to another and they failed to do it. I moved six months ago and have tried to get Brinks to honor their end of the contract but they still charge me over fifty dollars a month for service I have not received.

The employees in their call center will lie to you when you request to speak to a supervisor. I had a "Tiara" lie to me for over half an hour saying she is the top of the line and she does not have a supervisor. She continued this game which was comical because from her grammar and syntax I am fairly certain she cannot even read English. After a half hour of her lies she transferred me to her supervisor who was very rude and insulting. She told me that I would be better off just hanging up then trying to get money back because they have such a massive volume of complaints and dissatisfied customers that they do not accept fault, provide refunds, or provide solutions for customers who have been wronged. She stated that Brinks just expects people to pay every month no matter whether or not they have received the service they are paying for. She was insulting and rude the entire time.

Be smarter than I have been and DON'T HAVE A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM BECAUSE THEY ARE POINTLESS AND DO NOT ADD SECURITY... They actually delay the response of emergency responders because the alarm company has understaffed support lines and they spend the first several minutes calling the client not calling for assistance during your emergency. If you are going to make the mistake of being conned by a home security company make sure it is anybody other than BRINKS/MONITRONICS/ELITE or whatever name they are going by that day. Any company that changes their name this often is obviously hiding from something.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jason, At brinks home security your safety and satisfaction mean the world to us. In regards to our dispatch process we actually offer the both, meaning we can call you directly to identify if you need assistance or immediately dispatch but this is of course upon request. The reason this is upon request is because 95% of our customers choose this option when activating and this great reduces your chances of being fined by your city for having false alarms. In regards to your 5 year agreement, we certainly do offer a 30 change your mind policy in your agreement that most companies on offer 3 business days. If there are any issues with your system we have dedicated customer tech support that can assist you in trouble shooting almost all matters and for the ones that require a technician, you equipment do come with a lifetime warranty that takes care of parts, labor etc. We apologize about the experience described when speaking to "Tiara" I am more than happy to investigate this matter further for you and provide a resolution. Unfortunately I have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided, if you could please send me a private message on here with your account information and I will be happy to reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

Original review: March 15, 2019

I called to have my service disconnected after 10+ years with them. I started out with Monitronics and then it became Brinks. I was told it would take 30-45 DAYS to process and stop my service. Are you kidding me? This is the 21st Century! How about a couple of clicks and ENTER? Done! Stupid me thinking they could figure this out with over a two week heads up. Then they wanted to ask me a dozen "Exit" questions, which I did not want to do nor had the time to do. Didn't matter. Antwon insisted I had to do this to go through their disconnect process.

Then he continues to tell me he will email me a document to sign to begin the process. AND that I would be charged for ANOTHER month even though I won't even OWN the house anymore!!! I guess that is a way to get another month of money times how many customers? It gets better... Then I asked TEN times to speak to his supervisor or someone with the authority to do better and he REFUSED! I NEVER got through to anyone else. I asked for his last name which he also refused to give me. Said the company didn't allow it. I guess NOT, considering the lack of customer service.

I finally hung up and looked up contact number for corporate headquarters. They gave me a number to call and it wasn't even a working number. I called back and they gave me the number I had called to begin with. But, I persisted and called it again and talked to Andre. He wasn't quite as rude, and reminded me I had signed a contract allowing them to be so incompetent. Really? I don't think so. He again said I had to sign the emailed contract to begin disconnecting and could then call back and he would see what he could do to waive the fee. So I asked how to get in touch with him specifically. He couldn't give me that. Said anyone could help me when I called back. Yeah right. After I spend another 25 minutes explaining all this AGAIN!!!

I am furious with this whole ridiculous process. Does nobody have any common sense or does anybody care about the customer who has paid ON TIME for over ten years. I might add too, that I paid for 6 months one time and it appeared the system was working until we discovered it was not delivering any kind of signal to the monitoring station. Did they give me any kind of refund or credit? Of course not. Just a rote apology for me paying for a service I was not receiving. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND you NEVER consider signing up for this system. You will thank me. Tell all your friends and they will thank you too.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jacquelyn, Here at Brinks Home Security we care for our customers safety and satisfaction. We are taken back by this experience described in your review when cancelling your account. Please know that we never meant to make any customers experience a difficult one. With this being said allow me to look into this experience for you and provide a resolution. I have located your account with us and will be sure sure to reach out to you as soon as I have completed my investigation. -Jacob B

Original review: March 15, 2019

We were Monitronics customers for many years and had put not been under contract for a while and our rate even went up because of that and we were okay with since we knew we would sell our house in the near future. Two months ago, our carbon monoxide detector, which is part of our system, started alerting constantly because it had reached its 5 year expiration. I called, and they said they would send out a technician for $25. He said he could see how long we had been customers for and he would drop our rate to $50.

Then I got a letter that said, "Thank you for initiating another 36 month contract." I called and they said they were going to investigate and I never heard back on the matter. Now we have sold our home and they want to charge us for the carbon monoxide detector to release us from the contract that I never agreed to. Is it really worth harassing people and entering them into contracts they never agreed to and lose customers, have very negative reviews, and have people badmouthing your company left and right? It’s no wonder security system companies can’t make it and keep going under and getting sold left and right if they keep strong arming their customers into being customers instead of winning them over with good customer service.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Crystal, hearing of this negative experience with us is alarming to say the least. At Brinks Home we always ensure we are acting with the upmost integrity and are shocked to hear this. We strive to ensure our customers are satisfied with our services and us as a company and we apologize if this was not the case for you. With this being said allow me to look into this matter promptly. I have located your account with us and will be sure sure to reach out to you as soon as I complete my investigation. -Jacob B

Original review: March 15, 2019

I wanted to get a home security system as I travel and there's nobody at home. I considered both ADT and Brinks but I ended up getting Brinks' system. Their customer service was fantastic. They carried me through everything and made sure that I knew how to use everything. I couldn't ask for any better support than what I got. The installation of the system was simple and I did it in 15 minutes. My system doesn't have all the features, but I'm pleased with what I have. I got it for exactly what I need. But if I ever want to add on it, it would be easy to do. So far, it has been a great experience and I would recommended Brinks Home Automation to other people.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Ronald,Thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing feedback. Our goal is provide the customer with that sure sure feeling that we all deserve on our homes. If there is anything we can do to make your experience with us better please do not hesitate to reach out to us.-Jacob B

Original review: March 14, 2019

I want to keep my home and my family safe. Brinks offered me something else when they came to my home. Some others are too much expensive. The customer service of Brinks is good. Installation was also very easy. I don’t have a gated community and right now, I feel my family is safe. Whenever I left my home, I’m not worried at all.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Nizar, We are filled with Joy knowing that we can provide you with services for sooo long. Thank for being a long time loyal customer with us. If there is anything you need or anything we can do to make time with us even better, please feel free to let us know. -Jacob B

Original review: March 13, 2019

I got broken into so I purchased a security system. I went with Brinks because I have three accounts with them, so they’re more affordable and had the features that I needed and wanted. For the most part of my experience with their customer service, it’s good. However, sometimes, I get some uneducated employees.

Brinks should hire people with no accents and they should not outsource their employees. But they’re a great company.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Salem, We are so glad that we could be here for your during your time of need. Here at Brinks Home Security, your satisfaction and protection are our top priority. If there is anything we can do to strength your level of protection or anything for that matter, we are available at all time. Have a great day. -Jacob B

Original review: March 12, 2019

I made the mistake of signing a 5 year contract with NorthStar, which was sold to MoniTronics, which was then sold to Brinks. My husband and I have faced a lot of financial instability and have moved two times within two years. Each time we honored the contract and had the system installed in one rental homes and turned on service on another. We just bought a home and are wanting to turn on the existing system in the house but have been told it's probably not compatible with the Brinks system and therefore we need all new equipment. This means a $99 service fee and lengthy contract extension. I don't want to be bound to a contract ever again, not when I am worried about paying for groceries/electricity/water. Brinks tout their moving services but what that really equates to is a longer contract.

I feel extorted. I am going to pay the remainder of this contract and never sign a security contract again. I would have stayed a customer of Brinks had it not been for new equipment equating to contract extension. This must be how victims of the mob feel when they have to pay "protection" money. I'm done with Brinks and I vow to give them $729.56 of bad publicity. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Buy a Nest and self monitor.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Janet, Oh no ! We never mean for a customer to feel this way regarding relocating there services. Our relocations department is a dedicated team that specializes in relocating customers services as easy as possible. Here at Brinks Home Security we understand moving can be difficult and we never mean to make the process difficult by any means. Please allow me to assist in resolving this matter, I have located your account with us and will be sure sure to reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

Original review: March 12, 2019

I signed a 60-month contract with Monitronics in June 2015, but Brinks has since taken over their customers. We are about to move out of our home (March 2018), and I no longer need the service. I have spoken with 4 different customer service representatives about what I will need to do in order to cancel my service. They informed me that I still have 15 months under contract, and that I am responsible for that payoff amount of $910. After reviewing my contract, I noticed that because I had signed a 60-month deal, my monthly bill was not ever supposed to increase until after that initial 60 months; however, two years in, my monthly automatic withdrawal started increasing. So they're basing this payoff from my current monthly bill instead of what I signed my contract for.

When I asked a Brinks customer service rep about this, they told me that the "initial term" is one year and that they can begin increasing monthly payments after that first year. Nowhere in my contract does it state that. And when I asked the customer service rep to read me the paragraph from my contract word for word to me, she read something completely different that what my contract stated. Clearly, she had a different contract in front of her. So I asked her to read my contract to me, and she replied that my actual signed document is sensitive information that she doesn't have access to. WHAT?! I understand that she may not have access to have my actual document, but she should at least have a blank copy of the contract that I signed so that she can actually assist with my questions.

I was on the phone for 33 minutes this last time when I was asking detailed questions about my contract, and I got NO ANSWERS. Just a runaround without helping me with anything, and that was from a "supervisor" because the first person I spoke with was extremely rude. When I asked if there was someone else or a different department that I could speak with that could answer my questions, she told me that I could hang up and call back to speak with a different customer service representative, but that they would have the same information as her. It seems as though these people are trained to give basic answers that don't actually answer your questions. So, customer service cannot actually help the customer, and neither can anyone else.

I cannot believe that a company of this magnitude treats their paying customers this way. I have NEVER had an issue like this before where there is literally no one from the company that can help me. I don't want to have to pursue legal action, but I don't know how else to get this resolved. Brinks wants me uphold my end of the contract (that I signed with Monitronics, not even Brinks), but can disregard their end? This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life, and I would advise anyone and everyone to avoid them at all costs.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Nicole,We are so sorry to hear of this negative experience when contacting us regarding your contract. Please know that we never make any request a difficult one. Here at Brinks Home Security we care for our customer satisfaction and at the end of the day we would love nothing more than to resolve this matter. With this being said allow me to look into this matter further. I have located your account with us and will be sure sure to reach out to accordingly. -Jacob B

Original review: March 12, 2019

I ordered a slimline rectangle bronze doorbell. The installer came and installed a big black circle doorbell that looks extremely tacky (Door jam is white... It sticks out like a sore thumb) and protrudes far out of the door jam. The installer said he would return when my doorbell came in stock. It's been 5 months so I called Brinks to see what the hold up was. They told me that since I signed the installers form saying the job was completed and it was past 30 days I would have to buy the doorbell and pay for installation again. In the notes it says that I bought a bronze slimline skybell and the installer installed something different but policy is if you sign the installers paperwork and it's past 30 days you don't get what you purchased regardless if the installer didn't have it in stock and was to contact you when it came in...

My advice DO NOT sign the installers paperwork. This company does not care about your happiness with their product or service. They are only money hungry and tie you into a contract where they charge you for everything from panel batteries to service issues. They also have slow response time to call you when the system goes off to alert a possible break-in. My son came in the house fixed a snack in the microwave then they called me. He was in the house for a good 3 minutes before I got the call. Brinks is horrible and a waste of money... In order to get out of the contract you have to pay the entire term of the contract or they report it on your credit report... So disappointed with this company. As soon as my contract is up I will NEVER use this company again.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jamie, The negative experience described in your review is the complete opposite of what we strive to bring our customers. We love getting all forms of feedback so we can improve our processes for our customers to make for a better customer experience. In regards to your Skybell, we apologize you were not given the correct one, allow me look into this matter and assist you. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you asap.-Jacob B

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have contacted customer service many times and written to your main office to explain why I can no longer use a security system. I have been a Monitronics customer since 1997! A few years ago my husband was diagnosed with dementia. I decided to install a camera inside to keep an eye on him while I was at work. The camera came with a new three year contract. I learned later that cameras were being installed without extension...too late for me. I had no idea what was in store for me living with a dementia patient. The alarm was continually triggered by him while I was at work. He was attracted to the keyboard and pushed buttons.

The motion detector that I always used at night became useless, because he roams. I finally stopped using the system after paying many fines to the police department for false alarms.

I called the company, told them I had been a faithful customer for over twenty years... Some responses were kind, some very cool and uninterested. The bottom line is that I cannot get out of this contract without hefty penalties. They offered me a reduced monthly rate, BUT it comes with an extension of the contract, so it's really not a reduction overall. I have to work to keep my home, and cannot afford the $1100,00 they require to discontinue a now useless product as I am paying for caretakers to come in during the day. One customer representative actually asked me "Ma'am are you just trying to get out of the contract because you just don't want it anymore"?? I am trying so hard to keep him here at home. This is just so difficult.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Catherine, The words described in your review are the exact opposite of what we strive to provide our customers. We thank you for being long time customers with us and will definitely take this under consideration when resolving this matter. In regards to your husband we would like to express our sincerest condolences. Allow us to assist you in resolving this matter further. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you asap to resolve this matter. -Jacob B

Original review: March 12, 2019

Brinks' system is great and reasonably priced. I feel very safe having it.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jeremy, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this great feedback. If there is anything we can do to make your experience with us better please let us know. Have a great day. -Jacob B

Original review: March 11, 2019

I honestly think this company is a scam! They absolutely don’t care at all about their customers. I tried canceling service because I can no longer afford it & they literally said, "No, you have a contract with us until 2021. We are not letting you out of the contract." I never signed a contract with Brinks. I was with Monitronics for over 20 years!!! These people have given me the runaround & have been so incredibly rude & unhelpful, I called literally 10 times today to be left on hold every time!!! These people even laugh at you, what kind of business is this. You want out of a company that has poor customer service. The way they run this business is a scam! I am left with no choice but to call the attorney general and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Brinks, you have some very shady business practices & I warn anyone considering using your services! This company is bad, Please do not use Brinks!

Brinks Home Security™ response

Elaine, We are so sorry to hear of this negative experience when contacting us regarding your contract. Please know that we never make any request a difficult one. Here at Brinks Home Security we care for our customer satisfaction and at the end of the day we would love nothing more than to resolve this matter. With this being said allow me to look into this matter further. I have located your account with us and will be sure sure to reach out to accordingly. -Jacob B

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 11, 2019

I was looking at the feedback online and it seemed that Brinks Home Security is a really good company. The sales representative was very personable, friendly, and answered my questions. Sales-wise, it was great dealing with Brinks, but they could do better as far as service. Initially, I wasn’t turned off with the self-installation. I knew that I had to self-installation and the sales representative explained to me that doing it is easy. But when I got the instructional guide that was provided, it wasn’t what I expected and I was surprised. It was overwhelming. I have not put up the security system yet. Although an alarm system in the home is very valuable, I'm canceling with Brinks since I haven't used their service.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Tynetta Cole, We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this honest feedback. I will be sure sure to provide this feedback to our sales department. In regards to the installation of your equipment, we can certainly have a tech come out to your home and install it for you a no cost to you. That is on the amazing things we do offer with our DIY system in addition to a lifetime warranty on all of your equipment. I have located your account with us and I will have a member of our customer loyalty team reach out you to resolve this matter asap. -Jacob B

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 9, 2019

My experience ordering the system from Brinks was horrible because it was false advertisement. Brinks told me that I only have to pay about $50 a month but after they sent me the box, they told me it was $500. I sent it right back and canceled the whole service.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jocelyn, We are sorry to hear of this recent experience with us and the sale of your equipment. Please allow us the opportunity to make this right and provide you with home security. We have located your prospect account with us and we will be sure sure to reach out you as soon as possible. -Jacob B

Original review: March 8, 2019

I've seen home security systems on TV and I thought it was a good idea. I started calling around and I was led to Brinks Home Automation. Everyone that I talked to was beautiful. I got the system and I installed it by myself. It was cool but they didn't give me enough door sensors. They only sent two when I've got eight windows and two doors. But everything has been beautiful. The system is worth it. I feel a bit safer knowing that I got it. I travel a lot and so when I leave home, I know I'm good. Also, I use the smartphone app and it's been wonderful. If I forget to turn the alarm on when I leave the house, it would send me a reminder.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Melvin,Thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing feedback. Our goal is provide the customer with that sure sure feeling that we all deserve on our homes. If there is anything we can do to make your experience with us better please do not hesitate to reach out to us.-Jacob B

Original review: March 7, 2019

In April of 2018 I installed an alarm system from LiveWatch.com (now part of Brinks) and it worked well enough until January of 2019 when a sensor on my sliding door started alarming for no reason. I called Brinks and after troubleshooting the Brinks Representative decided to ship out a replacement sensor for my sliding door. On January 16 I received notification that a replacement was on the way. The sensor I received on January 18th could not be installed on a sliding door since it was the recessed type that would be appropriate for a solid core wood door. I called Brinks that day and explained the situation. The representative didn't understand why that type of sensor was sent out for a sliding door and they promised to send me the appropriate sensor and instructed me to return the incorrect sensor using a return label that would be included with that shipment.

On February 9th I still had not received the replacement sensor and call Brinks yet again. They apologized and promised to ship out the sensor and I received an email stating that Brinks had started "the exchange". On February 25th I received an email with a tracking number that stated my order had shipped. On February 27th I received the following email: “Reminder - Your return is almost due. Jonathan, Just a reminder that your return (**) is due back in 10 days. If we have not received the return item by that time we will charge your credit card for the amount of the replacement items. Reminder - Your return is almost due.”

On March 7th I received the following email: “Jonathan, Just a reminder that your return (**) is due back in 10 days. If we have not received the return item by that time we will charge your credit card for the amount of the replacement items.” On March 7, 2019 I called Brinks yet again and tried to explain that I had not received the sensor. After 45 minutes on the phone and being put on hold numerous times, I was told the shipment had been shipped to an address in Georgia (I live in Illinois), the representative told me I should contact the USPS and have them redirect the package to my correct address. They tried to tell me that they shipped it to the address in Georgia because that was what they had on file as my "billing address". I've never lived in Georgia and the shipping address was verified each and every time I spoke with Brinks.

I finally had enough and informed the rep that I wished to cancel my monitoring service and was transferred to that department (I bet they are busy). I was informed that my contract was up in 30 days and if I cancelled before that time, I would have to return all the equipment. I told the rep that I wished to cancel in one month and that this was my 30 day notice which was another requirement of the contract. To which he replied I would have to call back in 30 days to cancel and then my 30 day notice would apply. So basically, the year long contract you sign up for is really 13 months or you must return all the equipment.

Extremely frustrating and poor customer service. Run don't walk away from Brinks as a choice in a home monitoring service. You can do so much better. Buy your equipment from a big box store and shop who you will deal with. This industry is under extreme financial pressure and it shows with some of the players out there. On a positive note, I did like the equipment that I installed with LiveWatch.com's assistance.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jonathan,Here at Brinks Home Security your protection means the world to us and we apologize if we have caused any inconvenience when protecting your home. Our customer satisfaction is a must and with this being said allow me look into the equipment issues you are having further. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you as soon as possible. -Jacob B

Original review: March 7, 2019

We’re moving because of military orders, not because we want to. But because we have to. When we initially signed a contract the salesperson told us it would be no big deal to cancel. So I called trying to cancel my services and they said the only way I can cancel is if I’m selling my home or else I have to buy out my contract... Which is 1,300. This is ridiculous, needless to say most of the time the doorbell camera doesn’t even work. I will not be recommending Brinks to anyone, especially if they’re in the military.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jenn, We are taken back by reading this review as we certainly offer military release with the appropriate documentation. At Brinks Home Security we strive to do right by our customers especially our military customers because you all do some much for us. Thank you for being an active member or spouse in our military and allow me to assist you in this matter. If you could please send me a direct email with your account information and I will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Original review: March 7, 2019

Was brokered through American Defense who bugged me non-stop when I bought my house. Told them I wanted to hold off. Still didn't stop the calls and emails. Was told I had four days to accept the deal. Again, false. When I finally made the decision to get security, they said they would be in next day. Heard back nothing so I called them only to find out that Brinks services the area and it's a two week wait. So I took off work to meet the Brinks tech. After he left, I opened the back door and the sensor fell off. Called Brinks and said it was a bait and switch and that I wanted out of my contract...nope. And they said it was a 20 day wait for the technician.

Prior to this, I received a bill from American Defense...for services never received. Customer service was terrible, rude, and denied any affiliation with American Defense. Only after I spoke to a manager did they admit the affiliation. The equipment is cheap junk. Customer service is awful. Predatory behavior to get customers. Lying. And here I must wait for 20 days for a technician. They sure care about safety... Look elsewhere.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Nathaniel, We are taken back by the recent experience described with your technician. Please know that we hold our technician to a high standard as they are the face of the company in the customers home. I will be sure sure to provide feedback regarding this matter to the technicians direct supervisor. I myself would be happy to look into this matter further and see what kind of resolution we can bring about. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

Original review: March 7, 2019

I had ADT, but it got expensive. So I looked online, and aside from being cheaper, Brinks offered newer equipment. I like it better that the batteries were a lot smaller. They’re easier to change out and install instead of having the big nine-volt batteries that I had to have. It has also been a good experience dealing with their reps. They’ve been very polite, helpful and informative. Then, during the installation, the worst problem that we had was my husband trying to figure out where to put the sensors on the doors. He was new with all that and wasn’t getting them in the right spot. But the rest of it was easy. They got all the kinks worked out of it and it was the users that are at fault.

Since I haven’t played around with the system a lot, I’m just still doing basic arm and disarm and I really like the smartphone part of it. The cost of the system was reasonable, given its quality, and I was pleased with it. I also feel safer with Brinks because I know I could talk to somebody should something happen right there. It’s more user-friendly than ADT, too. They got additional features that make me feel safer.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Margaret. Thank you for taking the time to write the review about your experience with us. I will be sure sure to let the sales team know of there amazing job. We love to hear when can provide you with the system of your dreams and the protection your deserve. If there is anything we can do please do not hesitate to reach out via text or give us a call we are happy to help. -Jacob B

Original review: March 7, 2019

I wanted to get the best security system, and we had a deal with Brinks. The system features are fine. I did the purchase about a month and a half ago, and I have no issues with Brinks right now.

Brinks Home Security™ response

William, Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great feedback regarding your service. If there is anything we can do to make your experience with us better please do not hesitate to reach out to us. -Jacob B

Original review: March 6, 2019

Brinks was my first choice to become my home security provider. The other companies were pushy. But the Brinks rep explained everything, how it all works, the packages and the pricing. He gave us more information so that's why I wanted to go with them. Unfortunately, I didn't qualify. Still, everything was really good.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Alejandra, Thank you so much for leaving us this amazing feedback regarding our sales process. In regards to not being qualified, I have reached to our sales team and a dedicated member will be reaching out to as soon a possible to provide you the best possible option for you getting your home protected. Thank you again and have a wonderful day. -Jacob B

Brinks Home Security™ expert review by Ben Mannes

Formerly MONI Security, Brinks offers 3 security packages with free equipment and DIY installation. Prices start at $34.95 a month, with 36-60 month contracts for home automation and security with a lifetime warranty.

• Brinks home security systems: Choose from two systems: Home Complete with monitoring for $39/month and Home Complete with Video and monitoring for $49/month.

• 90-day trial: Try your Brinks home security system for 90 days before deciding whether or not it’s right for you.

• Add-on items: Add-on home automation equipment, security cameras and sensors like smoke and flood detectors.

• Backup power sources & monitoring: Redundancy is the name of the game: two power sources ensure you never lose security coverage, and multiple monitoring channels­–Internet, phone line and cellular–guarantee your system is always connected to the monitoring station.

• Easy to move: These DIY systems are easy to take with you when you move into a new home. Let Brinks know when you’ve made the move. You’ll pay the same rate per month unless you add on additional features.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Brinks Home Security™ Company Information