Call toll free
2.79/5

(Previously MONI)

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Brinks Home Security™ is one of the largest home security alarm monitoring companies in the U.S. Headquartered in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Brinks Home Security secures approximately 1 million residential and commercial customers through highly responsive, simple home security solutions that are backed by expertly trained professionals. The company is supported by the nation’s largest network of independent authorized dealers, providing products and support to customers in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.

Brinks Home Security™ Gallery (2)
Consumers Choice Award Winner
A+BBB Rating
Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Security Systems J.D. Power
View More View More

2691 Brinks Home Security™ Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I liked the price that Brinks had offered and our interactions with their representatives have been positive and good. They've been really helpful. We had a problem with the self card and I had to talk to multiple people. Everyone knew the situation and every time I talked to someone different, they picked up where the other one left off, so the communication was good or the notes that they had left was good. It was nice not having to explain the situation to a new person every single time they called.

The installation of the system was the only downside. It was a bit frustrating that had to do some things on my own. I had to install the card and they walked me through it on the phone. It wasn't hard, but we were having some issues with our motion detectors because it was broken and I didn't know what to do with that. It would be nice for someone to come out and fix that for us. The quality of the equipment could also be a little better. We are getting a good price for the service and with better equipment, the price would go up. Brinks offers more, but what we have was already in there when we moved into the house, so it is not probably the newest that they have now. Nonetheless, I love the smartphone features and I am happy with the overall cost of the system. With what we paid for monthly, I'm definitely getting my money's worth. I have been happy with the service so far and I would recommend Brinks to friends.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

The guy that I talked to when I called in was very helpful. He explained things to me very thoroughly. The only thing I’m not happy with is that he told me to get an inside camera and not to get an outside camera because it would save me money. He said that I can put it inside my window and make it work outside. But it won’t work because of the glare. There's nothing but black. Plus when I ordered the stuff, I thought I was getting a motion sensor but it didn’t come with the stuff. So when we were gone on vacation during the holidays, the motion sensor wasn’t set up in the house.

The installation was also very time-consuming and we were on the phone for quite a while. The rep had said it would be easier but I didn’t think it was. I would’ve gladly had somebody from Brinks come to my home instead. It would’ve been a lot easier and a lot less headache. But they said that it would cost extra. As for the equipment itself, I can look at stuff on my phone and I like those features.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We had break-ins around the house so we got a home security system and since having Brinks, I feel very secure. They were the cheapest and their customer service was great. They walked me through everything. They told me what to do step-by-step, so I had no issues with them. Get Brinks. They’re great.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Antoine, We are so glad to hear that we are able to protect your home during your time of need. Brinks Home Security has one of the fastest response times in the industry and we actually have the highest in customer satisfaction. We are filled with joy knowing we can bring you to the Brinks Home Security. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

One day, my system was not working and I went online just to see which one was the fastest on response and had good customer service. It was Monitronics which turned into Brinks and I've been with them for about five years. With Brinks, the service is a little better. Their customer service is great too. They really understand you, they take their time to see, and they're always right there for you.

We experienced a small mistake wherein something happened in my keypad. When the alarm went off, nobody went to my house. Thank God a burglar never came and nobody stole anything from my house. But, I was pissed off and I wanted to cancel everything. The Brinks rep explained to me that somebody hit the code. If they see on their system that we put the code, they don't call nor send a police officer. They also told me that they have to pay a lot of money for a police officer to go over our house and I gotta understand their way.

Then, the rep said, "For you to not leave our company..." and transferred me to a department. The rep from that department told me that they have a new keypad which records and takes pictures of you every time you put the code. With it, I had to sign a contract up about a year more or two. Brinks also hooked me up with a couple of extra things such as a doorbell camera and a door lock. They helped me out really good. I was gonna leave the company just because of the misunderstanding and they took their time to make me a happy customer.

Still, if Brinks had called their customers and advertised their new stuff, maybe I would've had no burglars go to my house or try to break in. They should do that every time that they have something new. Every year that passes, something else new comes in. So, I'm pretty sure that they can just reach out to the customers or hook up their long term customers without something happening.

Also, the customer doesn't have to pay a lot of money when new stuff comes in. I have my own business too and in my own business, when something else comes new or better, I'd just give it to my customer. The customer, then, is gonna be happy and gonna appreciate being part of my family because he's gonna feel that he's being protected. Other than that, everything has been great. The installation of the new equipment also went pretty smoothly. I recommended Brinks to my dad right after everything was in my house and when he saw everything, he said, "I wanna get that."

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jose, Thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing feedback. We love to hear from customer when are doing the best we can. We certainly love the feedback in regards to advertising, we do send out offers via email to ensure customers know what options they have. However a lot of customers actually like to keep the equipment they have as it is more convenient. Notheless we will take this feedback and move forward with it, if there is anything we can do please don't hesitate to reach out to us. - Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

In 2015 I agreed to a 3 year service with Evertrust Security, that was bought by Moni Security, now Brinks. My contact was for $39 a month, after 3 years I assumed it was month to month. I noticed the rate went up, so I called to cancel, was told I could cancel but would owe $900. If on a 60 month contract my rate was locked, but it was going up. Again thinking I was on a 3 year plan as the rate had changed after 3 years.

So I call, get the runaround that my electronic signature is on a document I never be got a copy of. Now Brinks wants me to pay $45 for a service Simplisafe does for $25. This is terrible horrible. Feel violated by Brinks. Not trusting or safe. No long term contract with Simplisafe, cancel anytime. Likely end up paying Brinks $900 for nothing, just to break the electronic contract from Evertrust, which I was assured was 3 years, Avoid the nightmares of Brinks contracts, inability to adjust service, and save money with New Error Wireless Tech.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Carl, We never like to hear when a customer is wanting to part ways with us. Here at Brinks Home Security, your satisfaction is a must. With this being said allow me to look into this matter further.I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you once my investigation is complete. -Jacob B

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brinks Home Security™?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We were looking at moving into a house and I wanted to have a security system. I've heard of Brinks in the past, and I've seen other people have the Brinks placard outside their houses. And so, one day I called them after work and asked if they have service in our area. And they said they service anywhere. I got the service around Black Friday and I had an awesome deal. That time of the year, I'm sure they had a lot of calls coming in with their specials, but the reps were still awesome. They were really responsive and everybody I talked to was really respectful. The guy who helped during the installation went through the whole thing with me and even answered all my nitpicky questions. Getting the system installed took a couple of hours, but that's to be expected when putting something big like that.

I went with the package with the video and they customized it to fit my needs. I didn't have a need for the motion sensors because my cat was gonna set off the motion detectors all the time, so they subbed in an extra glass break sensor instead. The only thing that held me back from doing it was that I didn't wanna be locked into something for three years. If for some reason, after the first month something happened or it didn't work, having to pay off so much percentage of the contracted value is daunting. But I eventually went for it because it was something I wanted. We ended up not buying the house that we were looking at but we put the Brinks system at our place right now, and I feel a lot better about leaving home. So, it's good peace of mind.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We had Guardian Home Security. We found out today that we were sold to Brinks six months ago. We did not then and do not now want Brinks. We were sold without our permission and without our knowledge. We were told that letters were sent, but we did not receive anything at all. We spoke to Guardian today and we were told that we were lying, because the letters were sent to us. We spoke to Brinks and wanted to cancel our contract, but were told that we cannot cancel, because there was a clause in our contract with Guardian that we signed that allowed our contract to be sold and that we had no control of it.

We asked about a buyout and was told that it would be over a thousand dollars and if we didn't pay we would be turned over to a collection agency. Brinks, this complaint is public knowledge as soon as I click continue below. This is a sad way to do business and everyone who reads this will know. If the star that I clicked above could be left blank with a zero rating, I would do it

A door in our house came open today after we set the alarm. We were called, but Brinks name came up and we did not answer. We both assumed that it was an advertising call. The police were called. We don't want to bother the police unless we really have to. It is not worth their time to answer a false alarm. My wife is very angry and she will tell all of Facebook about the problem today. Have a nice day. We are not happy at all with Brinks. And because of this episode, we will never be a customer of Brinks. Never, Never, Never.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jim, Here at Brinks Home Security we care for all of our customers safety and security. Reading this review about your service is the complete opposite of what we strive to bring to our customers. In regards to your false alarm, we do have a process to ensure a speedy answer. We would be happy to look into this matter further. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I needed a security system for safety reasons. Also, that was gonna save me some money on my homeowner's insurance. I was with Alarm.com and they were bought out by Brinks. The system and its features are good and they're pretty comparable to what everyone else is offering. But their customer service is horrible. I don't know if when Brinks bought Alarm.com they were ready for the additional personnel that was needed. Every time you call, you're on hold for quite a long time. I have been very disappointed in the call times that I wait on the phone in order to get technical assistance.

Also, I called Brinks and had services put in my business. They started this thing now where when you purchase home equipment, they send you the equipment now and you talk to a tech over the phone on how to install it now. I'm a techie but I don't wanna be on the phone with a tech for three hours telling me how to install. I don't have time for that. They've never done that before with Alarm.com.

I wish Brinks is not so gung-ho on selling equipment, instead of being honest with me because I have the thermostat now in my salon and it's not working there. If someone called me at the salon and tell that it was hot there or cold there, I could adjust the thermostat from my phone. But it's not transmitting the changes that I've made. It's the same case even if I'm in the salon and make a change.

I'm not happy right now, but I recommend Brinks because I'm hoping that at some point they're gonna get their crap together. They took over Alarm.com so I know they're going through a transition period right now. I just experienced a transition. I just called Brinks to set up the system in my mom's house. I left my information for someone to call me back and no one has done that yet.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I moved in to a different neighborhood and I wasn’t so sure. I looked into getting a security system and my cousin who has Brinks said that the service was good. I feel safer now that I have Brinks. The cost that I'm paying is fine too, but I know someone else who pays less per month for the same thing. There was also one time that I accidentally didn’t turn the alarm off in time. I called the 1-800 number that they told me to contact to let them know that it was a false alarm but they said that they're not the monitoring provider anymore. But that was the only issue I had. The installation was quick and easy, and the quality of the equipment is good.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I originally signed a home security agreement with Moni back in 2015 for a home my wife and I purchased in North Carolina. We did not sign anything with Brinks. We sold our NC home and moved out of state in mid 2018. I requested cancellation from Moni (Brinks). I completed the document back in early 2018 but am still being charged for service for a system in a home I no longer own. I have called Brinks to no avail. Had I know Brinks would take over the company I would have canceled long ago. My bank account is being dinged on a monthly basis for nothing. I would like this to end.

Brinks Home Security™ response

William, Here at Brinks Home Security, we take your safety and security very seriously which is why cancellation requires documentation. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. Allow me to investigate this matter further, I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Rate was fair, but locked into a 5 year contract. I called and spoke to a gentleman, claim he was the supervisor in the moving dept located in Dallas. I'm moving and wanted my service transferred, he claim they cannot move my equipment, and that I would have to sign up for new contract, which mean I would have to pay for new set up fees and new equipment, which can range from $300 and up. I asked why, when I can use the equipment I already have, which is less than 6 month old, all I need is for them to install my equipment and keep me on the contract I already have, no help at all. He was all about making a sell.

Any other company would have transfer my service without giving me the hassle. Keep in mind I was with Monitronics for 5 years, before Brinks took over. Poor customer services, when it's coming from upper management. Worst experience ever. Please do not use their service, once you are locked in there's nothing you can do about it. I can't stress this anymore to anyone that's looking to sign up with Brinks.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Lynn, We are deeply taken back by this review left, please know that our relocations department strive day in and day out to make moving as easy as possible. With this being said we will look into this matter promptly, we have located your account with us and I will personally reach out to you to ensure a speedy resolution. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

We got a security system for our house, and then my father-in-law, whom I work for, liked our security system versus the security system that he had. We upgraded from an old security system at the office to the Brinks set. And then he also got one for his house. When my husband originally got quoted everything, we had been looking into some other systems. And as far as price-wise goes, Brinks was the best value.

Customer service has been great. Sales was good too. But with the customer service, we had some issues whenever we were installing my father-in-law’s system at his house. The panel was disconnected. It wasn’t picking up any of the sensors. And so, Brinks ended up sending us a new panel, and when that panel wouldn’t work, they talked me through being able to fix the old panel with parts from the new panel in order to make one panel work. They were great to be able to talk me through all of that and get my father-in-law's home system up and running.

The system was easy to install. Everything is on par. We use the smartphone features for our house. I like the fact that we can have one app to control all three systems. That has been very handy. So, one login on the computer or one app on my phone to be able to control all three different systems has been amazing. That’s my favorite feature. The only issue that we’ve had recently was one of our five doors at our shop has been going offline. And so, I have to go open the door, reset it, and then it kicks back on for a few days.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

This company is full of scam artists. I've been using Brinks as my alarm system provider for several years. There are at least a few occasions every year where the equipment malfunctions and I have to deal with technical support. They usually try to charge you extra money to have someone come out and fix or replace their broken system. I recently had enough of it and called to cancel my service. I was transferred to an account manager who talked me into giving them one more chance. She promised to send out a technician, free of charge, to install a new cell unit that would prevent the kinds of problems I've been experiencing in the past. She also offered to lower my monthly rate for 24 months. I agreed to this, and a service person came out to replace the cell.

I ended up getting a new error warning on my system the very next morning. I then decided I'd given them enough chances and again tried to cancel my service. I spent about an hour bouncing between representatives and on hold, and I was ultimately told I was now not able to cancel because I had agreed to a new contract with them (which I had assumed was just a rate change). Now I'm stuck dealing with their terrible customer service and unreliable equipment for 2 more years. Stay far away from this company.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Courtney,Hearing of the recent experience with your system is shocking. Please know that this is the exact opposite of what we strive to provide all of our customers. Here at Brinks Home Security, our customer satisfaction next to our With this being said I am going to look into this matter further, I have located your account with us. I will investigate this matter and reach out to you once I am complete. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

We had a home security system at our old house and when we moved here not so long ago, we knew we wanted one. Our friends got Brinks and they recommended it. It was affordable compared to some other companies that we tried and the installation was really convenient. The rep was super helpful in helping us finalize the installation on the phone. We love their smart phone features too. The only way we turn the alarm on and off is with our phone. So far, the system's quality has been perfect for us. Its overall functionality and performance has been great.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

All of our gas stations have an alarm system and since we've had one gas station that has Brinks, Caroline and I signed up for another one. Everything was good when we dealt with their reps except they made a mistake and sent me the wrong thing. But they corrected it. We've sent the system up to another location and the installation was easy. I have knowledge on that so I didn't even use the instructions. Caroline likes the system and she is using the smartphone features. The features offered in the system are good. The quality is also good and the cost is fair.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Updated on 01/14/2019: Said they were going to look into my account and never got back to me. Even got charged for another month of monitoring... Not sure how long I'm suppose to wait, but I'm feeling ignored. Very poor customer service!

Original Review: Last March I noticed that Brinks bought out Monitronics and raised my rates from $30 to $45/month. When I complained they offered to lower to the original rate and also assured me that I was not under contract. They lied. Now, when I try to cancel they say I'm under contract and will have to pay over $900 if I do cancel.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jonh,Hearing of the recent experience with your system is shocking. Please know that this is the exact opposite of what we strive to provide all of our customers. Here at Brinks Home Security, our customer satisfaction means the world to us, so much that we won the highest customer satisfaction award by J.D. Power. With this being said I am going to look into this matter further, I have located your account with us. I will investigate this matter and reach out to you once I am complete. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I like Brinks' ease of installation so I went with them when I added home security. Installation was very easy. I didn't have to schedule for someone to come out. I didn't have my sensors installed yet whenever I went to the phone set up process so the representative guided me on the best spots to place my sensor while I was on the phone with him. I just took a piece of pad off the back of the sensor and then place them. The overall functionality and performance of the system was very good. It offers everything you could need as far as emergency goes. It has medical, fire and police so it's good overall. Brinks is a cheap investment for a peace of mind.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Brinks was supposed to providing service to our Bailey, Colorado home. We have been paying for service for several years. Brinks was supposed to monitor if water leaks occurred. We have been paying for monitoring but appears no monitoring provided. Brinks does not test for services to home. Buyers beware that Brinks does not validate service is working nor contact customers if no receiving signals received. Brinks was aware no one was living home. Their response - it customers responsibility to monitor signal even if you are not in house. No responsibility on their part. We are not asking for damages just a refund for months not monitored. If you are away from property Brinks says the can’t monitor unless some is in home to monitor. Anyone using Brinks to monitor homes that are not able to validate signal don’t waste your money for a monitoring serve.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Lynn,Hearing of the recent experience with your system is shocking. Please know that this is the exact opposite of what we strive to provide all of our customers. Here at Brinks Home Security, our customer satisfaction next to our With this being said I am going to look into this matter further, I have located your account with us. I will investigate this matter and reach out to you once I am complete. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

When I originally bought this security service I bought it from MONI. I was told and reassured by the agent that this is not a long term contract, we can cancel anytime after 12 months of use if we decide it has not been what we want. The factor that sold us on purchasing this and not another company was the fact that if there was a break-in then the actual police would be dispatched and not an unarmed security guard. Sometime during our first year or more of having the service MONI was bought out by Brinks, and now our issues have begun.

Brinks does not honor any agreement from the previous company. I did not sign up with Brinks, I did not make a contract with Brinks, and I sure as anything do not want to continue paying Brinks for their service. I have had a couple of false alarms, all of which result in unarmed security guards to be dispatched (who are not allowed to enter the property, only stay on the street and "deter"). One point during a deployment my wife did not completely close a door, which resulted in the alarm going off. I was able to call my neighbor and he searched my house while the dispatched security guard took over 30 minutes to arrive, then sat on the street the whole time never once entering and searching. Then we were billed over $80 for their "heroic" services.

On another occasion the same situation happened, only this time we were home. By the time we realized that a security guard had been dispatched we called to have them not come, and contacted Brinks to let them know. Instead they said they could not stop the security guard from coming and we were still charged another $80 on top of our bill.

I have tried to cancel my services many times, but the only way to cancel your services is to pay off the remaining balance which I was just told is 13 months. But the lady quoted me at having to pay over a $1000 dollars, instead of the $611 it would actually cost. Brinks is a DEPLORABLE business. They do not honor other contracts, they do not care for their customer(s), and they pretend to be this high and mighty company but pinch every amount of currency out of you they can.

Once again, I never signed a contract with Brinks but with MONI and now that MONI was acquired by Brinks I am stuck dealing with their rules and services, even though I still have older MONI equipment. Brinks is benefiting from poor business ethics. I will make sure I steer people clear of such a horrible company who does not care for their clientele and only want the most money they can steal from clients. If you're reading this and are considering Brinks, I say do not try any contract with them. Purchase your own equipment and become very close with your neighbors. They'll be more capable of helping than this shady company.

Brinks Home Security™ response
Alfred, Hearing of the recent experience with your false alarms. Please know that this is the exact opposite of what we strive to provide all of our customers.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

The transition to Brinks was good and everything just updated towards my system. But the old company gave Brinks the wrong information and they didn't notify the police right away. Once, I had an issue in my home and the reps called me right away. But my line was busy and they gave up on calling. Still, my experience with Brinks was wonderful and I would recommend them. They always rectify my issue when I call them or give me options whenever I was having a problem with my system or my payments.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We were Monitronics customers from 07/2009, prior to Brinks takeover/merger. Our bill has continually gone up. We are no longer under contract. Brinks verifies we are no longer under contract & could cancel our account. Talked to Trisha in Cancellation department on 12/28/17. She said we’ll receive email within 72 hours telling us how to cancel with paperwork to sign. (WHAT?!! This is ridiculous.) Still no cancellation form 1/5/18 & now can’t even get through to cancellation department. They just conveniently disconnect me. I will be sending a certified letter, calling my bank for credit on charges and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I am so sick and tired of companies ripping off consumers with no recourse. A bunch of thieves. It shouldn’t be such an ordeal to cancel a service. Woe to those who are in contract with Brinks. They only care if they’re charging you money.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Colleen, Here at Brinks we care for our customers satisfaction, regardless of wanting to part ways or not. We are sorry to hear your are leaving us, nonetheless we happy to investigate this matter promptly. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

October 2018, was not on contract and called to cancel due to moving. Convinced to move my service, I was offered a new system that was supposed to be better and cheaper and offered bill credits toward installation costs. Unbeknownst to me this came with a 5 year contract. Installation took 3 visits to be completed which was the fault of incompetent technician who could not install smoke alarm.

After finding that I was hooked on a 5 year contract and was being charged a $50 service fee for the last installation visit where the tech finally completed the install, I called Brinks. And their position was that I agreed to the 5 year contract and that the install had been completed on the second visit in November and that the third visit was a service call. I disputed both of those claims and also mentioned that the tech damaged my wall after having to borrow a ladder because he did not have one. And in fact didn't even know why he was there and smelled like **. He had been to my house two weeks prior and could not install smoke alarm for some reason on that visit and the visit before so it took a third.

I had to keep arranging someone to be at my house since I work and they have a service window was hours wide. One of the windows was until 12 pm and they finally arrived at 1150 and made my homesitter late to an appointment. Calling to talk to reps was useless as one refused to transfer my call and sat in silence for 30 minutes with me on the phone. After so many attempts to get answers, I was finally allowed to listen to my initial call where I was able to barely able to hear a one second mention of a 60 month contract in a way it was stated that I did not understand.

I didn't consent and was not presented with terms in writing where I could understand what I was getting into. I would have never agreed to a 5 year contract. Now that I've made waves I'm seeing bogus charges on my bill, such as $50 maintenance fee and $3 tax on that fee and paper billing fee for $2 that I've never seen before. I am so disappointed in Brinks. Looking into class action procedures now that I've read so many similar nightmares. This is not right, we have to do something about this unscrupulous company.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Mialma,We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience with us and service ticket. After review of the account, We have attempted to contact you multiple times regarding this matter but unfortunately we have not been able to reach you. If you could please send me a direct message on here or via email to socialmedia@brinkshome.com with a good contact number and the best time to call. We would be more than happy to reach out to you to resolve this matter amicably. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We got the Brinks home security system and the cost seemed right. The saleswoman was very effective but she failed to mention that we needed to install the system ourselves and it was not a pretty experience at all. It was too much work for what we were given. Then, one of the parts failed and I had to get sniffy for Brinks to replace it without charging us. The first young person I spoke with promised to correct the situation but she did not. After a few days, I realized that nothing was happening and I had to call back and got very firm. Then two or three people later, someone told us that a replacement part will be sent and we will get a notification. It took two weeks until the system was running that way it should.

Their customer service was awful but there was a happy ending. It was painful but finally, everything worked out. But it was not as pretty as they told us and we needed to be very firm with the rep or they would walk all over us. Also, my husband and I travel so I hope that we'll be notified if someone does attempt into our home without permission.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I was happy with the security system I had from AT&T, but when a salesman (Leon, from CRS in Las Vegas) showed up soliciting business, telling me they send the Police to your house, not an unarmed security company, I was sold on that alone. He reassured me they were the ONLY company in the city that offers this service. He also said if we moved within a year, they would come out and move our equipment for us, and if it was over a year, they would reinstall it. When I asked what would happen if we wanted to break our 5 year contract, he said "it’s not a big deal, say you want to break it in 2 years, it's around $200". So between knowing the Police would be sent, having them move it for me, and being able to break the contract, I was sold and switched from AT&T to Moni.

One year later, Moni was apparently bought by Brinks, and shortly thereafter, in Oct 2018, we were preparing to move. Much to my surprise, when I called to get our system moved, I was told it would cost either $299 or a 16 month extension onto my still 4 year remaining contract. I called on a Friday, and told them I needed to think about it because that pissed me off, so I would call back the following week. That Monday, 10/8/18, I left for work early in the morning, and missed a call from the Alarm company shortly after. I called back at 7:17am, TWO minutes later. I was told by the agent that "the authorities had been alerted, and they would let me know if anything looked suspicious in the perimeter check". 45 minutes later, my husband was woke up by Vet-Sec security ringing the doorbell. UNARMED Security. (Our alarm went off because I didn't close the door to the garage tightly).

Now I was pissed, because we had been sold on the fact that they send the Police, and was told specifically that the AUTHORITIES had been alerted. And they sent unarmed private security? The next day, Tuesday Oct 9th, I received an email informing me that I owed $40 for the security dispatch... When I called to complain, I told Mary that had I known I would get charged $40, I would have said to cancel. She informed me that once Brinks has made the dispatch call, it’s not possible to cancel it. She did take the charge away, and not make me pay it, but it's the principle of the matter.

But, now that I felt I was being highly deceived by Brinks, I went ahead and called Vet-Sec myself... wouldn't you know the manager told me that dispatch calls can be cancelled up until the agent arrives at the property. So another lie from Brinks. I then asked to be transfers to a manager, and spoke with Zena, manager in the moving department. She told me the term authority is "up for interpretation" depending on the person. She claims she believes unarmed, private security is an authoritative figure. To which I argued, "if a rent a cop security car pulled up behind you on the highway and started flashing its headlights, would you expect to pull over and receive a ticket, or would you expect to not receive a ticket since he's not the authorities?"

So now, we're back to getting my equipment moved. Zena told me that Brinks can't be held responsible for the salesman at the company...so that I should call that company myself. (Which on a side note, is almost comical. Because I can be held to my end of the contract that that sales company convinced me to sign, but you can't be held responsible for fixing their crappy sales tactics? So the obligation only works one way I guess, even though they were clearly representing your company, since I am now tied to you for FIVE unfortunate years). She also told me that it would cost Brinks $600 to move my equipment, (stating that they are billed by the hour, from $40-$120, and it takes at least half a day) but she would do me a courtesy of moving it for $99.

But I was on my own and should reach out to the original company if I wanted to dispute the sales tactics. (Another side note... when they came to install the equipment, we already had a ring doorbell, so we didn't receive a new one from Brinks... which is worth $100. So I argued that not receiving the doorbell would have been a wash for them eating the $99 and doing the move for free, but of course, that didn't happen.) I called CRS myself, and spoke to Jake. He informed me that Leon no longer worked for them, due to "BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES". I explained my issues, and then asked how long it takes and how much it costs for a full equipment installation, and he said 1 1/2 - 2 hours and is a flat rate of $50.

Just to make sure, I listed all the equipment I had, and confirmed, and he said yes, 2 hours and $50 total! So then I asked if he could just send his guys out to move my equipment to make it right, and he said he would be more than happy to do that, but he was in contract with Brinks and wasn't allowed to work outside of the contract with them. So Brinks told me to call him, where he confirmed more lies on their end, but also left me feeling even more like I'm left holding the ball due to Brinks' poor customer service.

Zena told me she was going to send me a copy of my contract, which never arrived. Another phone call, where I once again talked to Mary, also stating she would send me a copy of the contract, again, which I never received. So today, 1/4/18, after 2 months of dreading dealing with these people again, I finally called back. Was told today that I need to file a police report against the sales agent so that Brinks can then go after him for lying...REALLY? A POLICE REPORT FOR LYING? He must have been trained by the same person who instructed the lady to tell me "authorities" when it was actually NOT the authorities.

This company is full of lying, and it starts from the top. If they were a good company who cared about giving good customer service, they would have fixed the issue from the beginning and just moved my equipment as a one time courtesy to make up for their faults. But instead, they hid behind lie after lie, only making things worse instead of better. My husband and I both bartend in Las Vegas. From now until forever, we will both be telling everyone we can to avoid Brinks at all costs. If you want to get ripped off, lied to, and treated like you're a stupid moron who will believe anything, then this is the company for you! I should have stayed with AT&T, I so very much look forward to the day I can cancel the contract that nobody at Brinks can seem to find.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Kara,,Hearing of the recent experience with us is alarming to say the least. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. We would be happy to investigate this matter promptly, unfortunately we have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send me a direct message on here with your account information and I would be more than happy reach out to you. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Brinks helped set up my alarm and they did exactly what they were supposed to do. It is easy to set up and notifications are sent through the email if anything happens. But I was supposed to have one alarm on the window and I have two windows in my living room so I need another piece. Everything is not perfect but I feel a little more secure knowing if something happens at my place, I can be told about it when I'm not there.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I had a contract with Alarm.com. They sold my contract to Moni, who then sold it to Alliance Security, who then sold it to Brinks. My system did not work for 5 months because I opened a ticket. In July they sent out a tech who replaced the Image sensor. Sensor failed again 1 week later. I called back in and they set up another tech for Oct. Tech replaced sensor and stated if it fails again panel will need to be replaced. Sensor failed later that same night. Called back in. Was informed tech would be out in Nov. After they scheduled tech to come out I was informed that I had to agree to a 2-year contract extension. I said, "No way," it was a continuing problem. They said ok. Now mind you this was a 5 yes 5-hour phone call because the employees thought it was funny to blind transfer me around, put me on hold and go to break or lunch etc. They didn't know I wouldn't give up.

Week later I get a letter in the mail thanking me for extending my contract 2 more years. I called back in and was told if I didn't agree and the tech came out I would be extended automatically. I told them to forget sending the tech and to cancel the service since I hadn't had a working system for months. They said they canceled the contract. I got a letter stating need more information. I called back in. Was transferred to a female voice mail. I left a message stating to call me and let me know what info was needed or cancel the contract.

Never got a callback, never got a bill in the mail or via email. Assumed contract was canceled. Got a call today from Brinks collections wanting $143.20 for the last 2 months service. Told the rep I wasn't paying it. She transferred me to service. They tried again to give me free equipment take 4.99 off the bill, I said, "No cancel it." Was advised that I would get an email to Docusign paperwork in about a week. Then it would take 30 days to cancel and that I had to pay off the contract. I stated I wasn't paying anything. I didn't agree to be bought by Brinks, I didn't ask to be nor did I want to be a Brinks customer, and nowhere in my contract did it say I could be sold and forced to be someone else customer. I have filed a BBB complaint against Brinks and am looking to start a class action lawsuit against them as I see this is happening to a lot of consumers.

To save Jadon ** the hassle of responding that he couldn't locate my account here's my account # **. That seems to be his blanket response. I have wasted too much time and energy on this company and look forward to never having to deal with them again. I will not pay out a contract that I never agreed to have sold over and over. Thank You.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Sandra, Here at Brinks Home Security we take pride in customer satisfaction. To hear of this expiernce with us is shocking and the complete opposite of what we strive to provide. With this being said, I have located your account and with us. I will look into this matter promptly and reach out to you to resolve this matter as soon as possible. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We live out in the country and the closest neighbor is about half a mile away. I travel a lot and my wife didn’t feel safe at home without something, so we decided to get a security system. I did some research, and I had a friend that looked into Brinks. He has had their system for a little bit and he really liked the Brinks, so we also got them. The system was very easy to install. I had some of the sensors that weren't lined up exactly like they needed to be, and Brinks helped me work through that. Their reps were very helpful. I was having some trouble with my internet, and in trying to get things set up and going through a different computer, and the reps were very patient and stayed on the phone with me. They were able to help me through the issues on my end. I’m very happy with the customer service.

When I called in and told them what I needed, they were able to get me the right equipment that I needed. I ended up ordering a couple more door sensors but that was because I had forgotten about a couple that I wanted to do, and they helped me get those stuff as well. Everything was handled very professionally, and it was a very good experience. The quality of the system seems very good. I’ve been happy with what I have. I would recommend Brinks to other friends.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Mark,Thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing feedback regarding your service. We always strive to ensure every customer has that peace of mind that they deserve. Here at Brinks we simply want to protect our customer and if we can also provide you with an amazing cost that means we are doing something right. We look forward to being your trusted home security provider for many years to come and again thank you for sharing. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I signed up through Nest for monitoring, but have not been able to activate my account. I have spent no less than 10 hours in the last two weeks trying to resolve this issue only to be told that someone will call me back, be placed on hold to have an automated message tell me to leave my number, or to get cut off. I am incredibly frustrated and can get no answer or anyone who is willing to help me actually find solution. Unfortunately this is the only company Nest uses to monitor their systems. I have never had such poor customer service and an issue that no one seems to want/know how to resolve in my life.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Kristin,We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience with us and activating your account. Please know that we never mean inconvenience at all. With this being said I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you and resolve these concerns amicably. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

When we first signed up for home security it was through Nationwide/Monitronics. We signed a 60 month contact for a set price. Brinks bought out our contract before the 60 months were up and started raising our rates. This effectively voided said contract. I called to cancel and was told I would owe nothing. The following month an automatic payment was taken out of my checking account by Brinks. This happened again the next month.

I called again and was promised a refund within 7-10 business days. This has not happened and I am now facing yet another payment coming out tomorrow. I have been on the phone with Brinks for over 2 hours with no results. A lady I spoke with in Billing was very rude and refused to send me to a manager. They are now saying I owe the remaining months and they will not be sending a refund. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BRINKS HOME SECURITY. They are more interested in stealing your money than keeping you safe.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Adam, We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience with us and cancelling your account. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. With this being said I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you and resolve these concerns. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

These people are a scam. They do not handle any technical problems. My cameras stopped working after it rained and the SkyBell they sold me was defective from day one. Instead of replace it they transfer my call back and forth from tech support to customer care, each time I waited over 20 min per transfer within the SAME company. WTF?! Furthermore, my skybell is still under warranty and they are still trying to charge me to replace their defective camera. My advice is just buy a WYZE Camera with free cloud storage or Arlo also offers free storage up to 5 cameras. These people just call Arlo or skybell customer service with you on the phone so they feel like they're doing something to help you when they're not. Problem still not resolved in 2019 and I am canceling the contract. If you know what's good for you, you'd do the same.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Ralph,We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience when contacting our customer tech support department.I will be sure to review the account and provide coaching to those agent. Here at Brinks we care for our customer satisfaction, which is why we do have the highest in satisfaction. With this being said, allow us to make this right. If you could please send us a direct message with your account information and I would be happy to reach out to you.

Brinks Home Security™ expert review by Ben Mannes

Formerly MONI Security, Brinks offers 3 security packages with free equipment and DIY installation. Prices start at $34.95 a month, with 36-60 month contracts for home automation and security with a lifetime warranty.

• Brinks home security systems: Choose from two systems: Home Complete with monitoring for $39/month and Home Complete with Video and monitoring for $49/month.

• 90-day trial: Try your Brinks home security system for 90 days before deciding whether or not it’s right for you.

• Add-on items: Add-on home automation equipment, security cameras and sensors like smoke and flood detectors.

• Backup power sources & monitoring: Redundancy is the name of the game: two power sources ensure you never lose security coverage, and multiple monitoring channels­–Internet, phone line and cellular–guarantee your system is always connected to the monitoring station.

• Easy to move: These DIY systems are easy to take with you when you move into a new home. Let Brinks know when you’ve made the move. You’ll pay the same rate per month unless you add on additional features.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Brinks Home Security™ Company Information