(Previously MONI)

3.5/5 (707 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Brinks Home Security™

Brinks Home offers a variety of home security and home automation equipment to keep your home safe and secure. The company has three plans, which each come with a 30-day trial period. Set up your Brinks Home package yourself or hire a professional to install it. Brinks Home systems include 24/7 professional monitoring and a two-year warranty.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Pros

• Affordable options
    • Product warranties
    • Simple setup
    • Compatible with smart-home tech

Cons

• Strict cancellation policy
    • No cameras in basic package

Bottom Line

Brinks offers technologically advanced systems at affordable rates. Although the cancellation policy could be better, we like its straightforward pricing and additional equipment options.

Top Brinks Home Security™ Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… Somebody tried to break into my house one day and I had set the alarm. They opened the window and it set off the alarms so my neighbors ran out and cops showed up. I feel more ...

Verified

I added one camera, then I added a keypad in my bedroom. Brinks came out pretty fast and they also replaced a keypad downstairs, because my ex-husband punched it, and they were su...

Brinks Home Security costs

Brinks packages start between $199 and $699. Systems are customizable, so expect to pay more if you want additional equipment or upgrades. Monthly monitoring fees range from $39.99 per month to $49.99 per month.

• Upfront cost: $199 to $699
    • Monitoring price range: $39.99 per month to $49.99 per month
    • Installation fee: $200 to $450

Costs vary by location, however, so it’s best to contact a representative for the most accurate estimate.

For more, compare pricing for Ring vs. Brinks, Brinks vs. Vivint and SimpliSafe vs. Brinks.

Brinks Home Security packages

Brinks Home Security has three professionally monitored security systems: Smart Security Essential, Smart Security Complete and Smart Security Ultimate.

You can install a system yourself or request professional setup for a fee. The entire system is wireless, so no drilling is involved. Brinks offers an industry-standard 36-month contract.

• Smart Security Essential: For $199, the Smart Security Essential package includes a control panel, wireless motion detector, two door sensors, a yard sign and window stickers. Monitoring services are $39.99 per month. This system is designed for DIY installation.
    • Smart Security Complete: For $349, the Smart Security Complete package comes with everything in the Essential plan plus a doorbell camera. Monitoring service with this plan costs $44.99 per month.
    • Smart Security Ultimate: For $699, the Smart Security Ultimate package comes with everything in the Essential and Complete packages plus an extra door sensor and an outdoor camera. Monitoring services are $49.99 per month. Professional installation is required for the camera.

Brinks Equipment

All of Brinks’ equipment comes with a two-year warranty. You can use voice command technologies like Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa with specific Brinks Home systems. The Smart Security systems are compatible with Alarm.com, Google Assistant, Siri and Alexa. Plans from Brinks Home come with the following equipment:

Smart Security EssentialSmart Security CompleteSmart Security Ultimate
    Outdoor camera
    Smart Security Essential2 sensors
    Smart Security Complete2 sensors
    Smart Security Ultimate3 sensors

You can add additional equipment, like indoor and outdoor cameras, to your system for an extra charge, including HD indoor cameras, carbon monoxide detectors, extra door sensors, glass break detectors and extra motion detectors.

Brinks Home Security FAQ

Do I have to install my Brinks system myself?
    Brinks makes its systems easy to install yourself. All you have to do is unpack the box Brinks sends you, put the devices in the correct spots, plug them in and activate the system. If you have a more complex piece of technology you’d like to install, Brinks can put you in touch with a technician for professional installation.
    What if I move homes? Can I still use my system?
    You can still use your system if you move. The benefit of having a wireless, DIY system is that it’s easy to take down and set up if you’re relocating.
    What is Brinks’ cancellation policy?
    The Nest Secure system is month-to-month and can be canceled whenever you like; however, after the 30-day period, you won’t be able to return your equipment for a refund. For the Smart Security systems, you also get a 30-day trial period. If you cancel a Brinks contract after the trial period, you will still have to pay your balance in full.
    What home automation features come with Brinks Home?
    Brinks’ Smart Security systems can be paired with smart-home devices such as smart lights, locks and thermostats. Users can pair their security systems to work with Alexa, Google Assistant or Siri. In addition, users can access all their smart-home tech 24/7 through the Brinks Home mobile app.

Is Brinks Home Security good?

We recommend Brinks Home for its affordable plans, customizable options, risk-free trial period and good warranty. Brinks Home prices — especially for the basic plan — are competitive. The company offers both self-installation and professional setup options. Its three-year contract and strict cancellation policy aren’t ideal, but these are common among other companies in the industry.

For more, see how Brinks compares against our top picks for home security systems.

Brinks Home Security™ Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brinks Home Security™?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I was previously an AT&T security customer and have now transitioned to Brinks. Brinks is an indescribable improvement in both customer service and the quality of equipment. There were some transitional issues that popped up, but through valuable follow up by Brinks these were either rectified or soon will be. Camera resolution is excellent; sensor response is nominal and the system is very robust but user friendly. I would without reservation recommend Brinks to guard your family and home.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Brian,we are happy to provide platinum grade protection to your home. At Brinks Home we strive to always provide you with peace of mind and a fast, reliable alarm response when you need it. We will be sure to forward your feedback. If there is anything you need, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. - Juana H.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I believe I will eventually like the new Brinks system as an improvement over Digital Life, but to date, there have been problems with the conversion. We have had a smoke detector that needed help to stay online, as well as a front door sensor. Both took multiple calls to get resolved. I am currently waiting for a scheduled service to fix a non-functioning remote control panel, and found that new doorbell that was supposed to be noted as requested when our system was installed was not actually noted.

When the issues DO get resolved (so far), we are happy, but there are a lot of start-up issues to deal with. I can also say the customer support answers quickly and are patient, but I have spent several hours so far trying to get a fully functioning system. I am looking forward to a future soon where everything is properly functioning. There is also an extra “recovery cost” change on our bill that was not discussed, and I still need to follow up on that. Again, I hope for things to settle down to justify the current rating.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Carl, protecting what’s most important to you and providing you with a best-in-class experience are our top priority. Thank you for allowing us to not only protect you, but also leaving us a review. We strive to do better than we were the day before and we will be sure to forward your feedback. If there is anything you need, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. - Juana H.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

When I had an issue, Brinks sent a guy out and he took care of it very well. He was knowledgeable and had it all back up and going for me in no time. Overall, the system is good. I'm satisfied with Brinks. If the alarm goes off for very long, I've got a call. My daughter said her silent alarm went off one night and that was when it was messing up. The fire department showed up in the middle of the night. It hasn't happened before. They went on back to the shop and we turned the alarm off.

I wear a hearing aid and I'm pretty deaf. When I go to bed and I take the hearing aid out, I wouldn't hear somebody come through the door unless they really made a lot of noise. So Brinks gives me a sense of security too. At least I'm going to get a chance to do something if the alarm goes off, and if it goes off, whoever is trying to break in is going to leave.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Paul, we are so glad to hear that we are able to protect your home during your time of need. Brinks Home Security has one of the fastest response times in the industry and we actually have the highest in customer satisfaction. If there is anything else, you need feel free to reach out us and we would be more than happy to assist you. – Juana H.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Customer service was very attentive every time I called. I would have to wait for at least 30 minutes but once I talked to them, they took care of my problem. Their technicians changed the camera in the system and after a week, my indoor camera was not working. I was talking to their IT and I was told that the camera was defective so they needed to replace it. We scheduled the initial visit for a field technician to come and fix it. Unfortunately, I could only accommodate the schedule between 5:00 to 9:00 because I was in the hospital and I can't really request a day off.

A technician came at 2:00 pm and there was nobody home. The guy said that he came at 4:30. But at 4:00, I was standing right in front of my house waiting for the technician and I never received a call from them. I called customer service again and we reschedule the service for October 1st. Before October 1st, they called me and said they could not do the visit because something came up. We rescheduled again for the 14th or 15th between 5:00 to 9:00. Nobody called me and I had to call them around 6:00 to find out if they were coming or not. The guy said, "Yeah, we will call you within 15 minutes to let you know what time he will be arriving." But after 9:00 pm, nobody called me. That really frustrates me because I also work as a customer service person because of my patients.

The only concern that I have is the field technician. They don't inform you, they don't call you, and they don't give any reason why they cannot do the job or why they cannot come to the appointment. That aside, I'm overall happy with Brinks system-wise. The quality of the camera and the services is phenomenal. I like it way better than digital. It's also very convenient that you can either use the key panel or the phone if you want to modify or edit. I only wish Brinks could give me the supplies and walk me through things because I can probably do the replacement of the camera because there's only one that needs to be replaced.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Don, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. At Brinks Home we strive to be better than we were the day before and we sincerely apologize for any troubles you had with getting a service tech. But we are glad we were able to rectify and get someone to resolve your issues. Please know that at Brinks Home your security and satisfaction are our main priority and if there is anything else you need feel free to reach out. Welcome to the Brinks Home family! – Juana H.

Original review: June 7, 2021

I had an update to my system a couple of months ago. Something about 3G to 5G. And in the process, I had a new touchpad installed. Still waiting on my motion sensor. But I had a couple updates since I've been over here. Customer service is great. They seem to try to answer any question that I have or try to fix any issues if I report anything. I like the new touchpad a lot better than the last one that I had. It's simple. I love the part when you actually lock or arm it to leave. I like that part better on this newer touchpad. Running out quickly, just arm it and keep moving. The price went down a buck or two. That dollar can add up for a time, so you save a couple bucks.

The only thing that I didn't like is it's not loud enough because I can't hear when I'm in the bedroom. Brinks told me to get the sound bar thing, but it wouldn't even connect to it. So, I just chucked it up and didn't even worry about it. The other one was super loud, but this one, you can't hear it. If I'm in the back and I get my door closed, or from upstairs and I got my door closed, you can't hear it at all, unless somebody breaks in. It's super loud then when it alarms. But other than that, it's not loud enough to let me know that somebody opened a door or a window somewhere. Overall, Brinks is a good system.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Lantoya,thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. At Brink Home we strive to do better than we were the day before. We are happy that were able to correct your past experiences. If there is anything else that we can do, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. - Daniela S.

Original review: May 13, 2022

We initially purchased a security system and monitoring from Protect America, which seemed ok. They were then bought out by Brinks. Brinks has among the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I had to call twice to get the monitoring service cancelled and was on hold for over an hour the first time around and an hour and 40 minutes the second. I had to call the second time because the first "customer service" rep failed to do her job. After cancelling we got a bill in the mail for a month of service that was never provided. We called to find out what was going on just to be on hold for another hour to be told that they require a thirty day notice of cancellation. We had their service in our house for 5 years and were treated like absolute waste. Do not use Brinks home security, they are the worst.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hi Rick, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the concerns you are having regarding cancellation. Please email us at socialmedia@brinkshome.com at your earliest convenience with your account number and any other details about your experience. Once this information is received, please allow 48-72 business hours for us to investigate this matter and contact you via phone or email. We look forward to speaking with you soon. -Jaime

Original review: May 4, 2022

It is IMPOSSIBLE to contact a representative to cancel your service! I held almost 40 minutes on 2 different calls! I canceled 2 months ago. They are still charging my account. Can NOT get a response on the phone and I can’t access my portal anymore. I would NEVER use this company! Use SOMEONE else!! BEWARE!

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hi Rebecca, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the concerns you are having regarding cancellation. Please email us at socialmedia@brinkshome.com at your earliest convenience with your account number and any other details about your experience. Once this information is received, please allow 48-72 business hours for us to investigate this matter and contact you via phone or email. We look forward to speaking with you soon. -Jaime

Original review: May 3, 2022

The appointment was rescheduled to 5/2. I Received two reminding messages with different time windows. I waited for a whole day, no one showed up.

The was the second time in a row. The first time, I received a call saying he was not able to make it. I was rescheduled to 5/2. You did not show up and no messages and no calls.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hi Lijun, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the concerns you are having regarding your scheduled appointment. Please email us at socialmedia@brinkshome.com at your earliest convenience with your account number and any other details about your experience. Once this information is received, please allow 48-72 business hours for us to investigate this matter and contact you via phone or email. We look forward to speaking with you soon. -Jaime

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 1, 2022

Customer service is terrible. The outdoor cameras don't work properly, one is not working at all. Brinks makes an appointment for a tech to show up to fix the non-functioning camera - no one calls, or comes out. Called to ask why - I am left on hold for 30 minutes, then they set another appointment, but still no one shows up or calls. I try to contact someone through the customer service web page, but it won't recognize my email or password. So, I call customer service - on hold for 15 minutes, finally, someone comes on and says that the customer service web page is down. That was enough - I asked to cancel my contract.

They want the balance of the account for a total of $741 just to cancel this (mind you, I paid cash for the equipment when we first entered into this contract years ago). That means I am forced to pay that amount in order to stop the service on a camera that does not work and another camera that is very poor quality. Don't use this company.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Thank you Diane for taking the time to speak with me regarding your account. If you have any further questions, please let us know. -Jaime

Original review: April 23, 2022

The installer was excellent and did a fabulous job! The problem was this visit was scheduled multiple times because no equipment and then the wrong equipment was shipped to the house. This was a very frustrating experience! I will not be referring friends to Brinks based upon this experience, but the installer was fabulous!

Brinks Home Security™ response

Thank you for your feedback Steven. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the service from the installer. However, we are sorry to hear about the trouble you had during scheduling. We have had a higher than normal volume recently in our scheduling department, but our agents are working diligently to assist every customer as best as possible. If you have any questions regarding your account, please don't hesitate to contact us. -Jaime

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Home Security partner.

Brinks Home Security™ Company Information