Call toll free
2.63/5

(Previously MONI)

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Brinks Home Security™ is one of the largest home security alarm monitoring companies in the U.S. Headquartered in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Brinks Home Security secures approximately 1 million residential and commercial customers through highly responsive, simple home security solutions that are backed by expertly trained professionals. The company is supported by the nation’s largest network of independent authorized dealers, providing products and support to customers in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.

Brinks Home Security™ Gallery (2)
Consumers Choice Award Winner
A+BBB Rating
Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Security Systems J.D. Power
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Brinks offers technologically advanced systems at an affordable rate. Although the cancellation policy could be better, we like their straightforward pricing and additional equipment.

PROS

• Affordable options
  • Solid product warranty
  • DIY setup

CONS

• Strict cancellation policy

Top Brinks Home Security™ Reviews

06/11/2019

With Brinks, I know my system is on. I don't have to double check. It makes me feel safer and I recommend it to friends and families. I wouldn’t go with anybody else either.

06/21/2019

The installation was very easy, very simple, and right to the point. I did it all by myself and I liked it. Their instructions were very detailed and very helpful … I also like the smart features a lot and it makes using the system easier. Brinks is amazing and I refer them to anybody I come across.

Brinks Home Security packages

Brinks Home Security has two professionally monitored security systems: Home Complete and Home Complete with Video. Brinks home security systems are installed via a DIY method and the entire system is wireless, so no drilling is involved. Brinks offers an industry standard 36-month contract.

You can also buy the equipment for a Nest Secure security system from Brinks. Although Nest is a self-monitored system, you can pay a monthly fee of $29/mo for Brinks professional monitoring. If you already own a Nest Secure system, you can still sign up for this service with Brinks.

Brinks Home Security cost

Brinks pricing is straightforward. You can choose from one of two plans: Home Complete or Home Complete with Video. However, you should be aware that additional equipment will cost extra. Financing is available through GreenSky if you don't want to pay for the equipment all at once.

You can try any of the Brinks home security plans for 30 days, and if you're unhappy with the system, you can receive a refund. The Brinks Home Security app is also available for every plan, letting you control your home security system from your mobile device. This includes lighting control, checking out security video, and arming and disarming the system.

PlanMonthly costEquipment cost
Home Complete$29/mo$399
Home Complete, with financing$40.08/mo$0
Home Complete with Video$39/mo$499
Home Complete with Video, with financing$52.86/mo$0

Brinks Home Security equipment

All of Brinks’ equipment comes with a 2-year warranty. You can use voice command technologies like Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa with specific Brinks systems; however, Amazon Alexa is not compatible with Nest Secure. The Home Completed Systems are compatible with Alarm.com, Google Assistant, Siri and Alexa. The plans from Brink come with the following equipment:

Brink Home Complete planBrinks Home Complete with Video plan
HD video doorbell
Indoor night vision camera
Brink Home Complete plan
Brinks Home Complete with Video plan

You can add on additional equipment like Brinks home security cameras to your system for an extra charge. Additional equipment you can buy includes:

• HD indoor camera
  • Smoke detector
  • Door sensors
  • Window sensors
  • Motion detectors

Brinks Home Security FAQ

Do I have to install my Brinks system myself?
Brinks makes their systems easy to install, regardless of handyman ability. All you have to do is unpack the box Brinks sends you, put the devices in the correct spots, plug them in and activate the system. If you have a more complex piece of technology you’d like to install, Brinks can put you in touch with trained, approved technicians for installation.
What if I move homes? Can I still use my system?
You can still use your system if you move. The benefit of having a wireless, DIY system is that it’s easy to take down and set up if you’re relocating.
What is Brinks’ cancellation policy?
The Nest Secure system is month-to-month and canceled whenever you like; however, after the 30-day period, you won’t be able to return your equipment for a refund. For the Home Complete system, you also get a 30-day trial period. If you cancel a Brinks contract after the trial period, you will still have to pay your balance in full.

Do we recommend Brinks Home Security?

We recommend Brinks Home Security for their affordable plans, customizable options and good warranty. The Brinks Home Security price, especially on the basic plan, is good. Brinks is unique in that they offer both professionally monitored and self-monitored security systems. Their 3-year contract and strict cancellation policy aren’t ideal, but these are also common for other companies in the industry. Overall, Brinks has a great self-installed home security system.

3042 Brinks Home Security™ Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 5, 2019

We had a home that we felt needed some additional security. We selected Brinks because they had a month-to-month plan. We knew we didn't need it long term. When I called the rep, I asked him a whole bunch of questions, and he gave me some great responses and answered all of my questions. I told him I needed to get back with him after I had done a little bit more research. He gave me a phone number I could text and he responded both times I texted him. It was a great experience that way. He was very, very good.

I got a little frustrated on the installation piece. We followed the instructions given to us with the Brinks system and walked through it, but the account didn't sync correctly. So we went through a full installation. We had eight touch points, and the system wouldn't turn on. We couldn't get the cellular coverage and the line of monitoring. The actual alerts on the door and everything like that worked just fine, but the monitoring didn't turn on.

The frustrating piece was I called once, and they said that I needed to call this other department, but they were closed for the day, so I have to call back tomorrow. I called back the next day and they said, "Oh hey, you need to talk to this department," and they transferred me over to this other guy. And the guy said, "Oh, you need to talk to this department," and it was actually the same department. So apparently, the first guy just transferred me to somebody else within his department, and that guy was kinda frustrating.

When I got to that other guy, he said he couldn't help me and that that I needed to call this other number on Monday. And when I called that number on Monday, I talked to a dude, and he was awesome. The unfortunate part is we had to redo the whole entire set-up, had to go re-sync everything again, from start to finish. So, what was supposed to be a 40-minute set-up turned into a multi-day four hours worth of back and forth. Once I got done with that last phone call, everything was fabulous. The very first and last phone calls were great, but the three phone calls in the middle were quite frustrating.

The Brinks equipment is high quality. We got the Google Nest piece through Brinks and it works great. We love that we didn't have to drill holes and that we could just set it up and go with it. The system has worked great. Brinks met exactly what I needed. It's a nice peace of mind knowing that somebody is watching your home for you and can help you if you're not around there to do it yourself. We're very happy with the cost. We only need it for six months or so, and the cost was within range of what we were hoping to pay, so it was good.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Scott, Here at Brinks Home Security we strive to provide excellent customer experience and your review reassures all the work we do to achieve that. We are grateful for your amazing feedback and want to thank you for taking the time to let us know. All of our sales representatives are trained to provide you with an unforgettable experience to ensure you get all the information needed to set up your services. I am glad we were able to answer all your concerns and gain you as a valuable customer. We look forward to providing you with a quality home security service. –Juana H.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2019

We had ADT in our house but when we moved to a new home, we switched to Brinks. Brinks has pretty much been a do-it-yourself system. Other than the initial gentleman that helped me put the system together over the phone, there really hasn’t been a whole lot of “service” taking place. I put the system and it was pretty easy. The instructions were good enough. There were a couple of previous Brinks sensors which looked identical to the ones that I had purchased that I would've liked to add but that didn’t happen. I wasn’t able to figure out how to get that to happen with some phone help. But that was not a big deal. They had an extra smoke alarm and an extra motion sensor.

But I was quite upset about a particular feature of Brinks system that no one bothered to tell us about. It freaked out my family and my dog. We had a couple of tornado warnings recently and the system started going off. I’m sure that was a safety feature to warn us of the tornado but it was extremely loud and everybody got kinda panicked about it. My dog was trying to get used to the new home and every noise was a new noise. The dog went crazy and chewed up a whole bunch of stuff. This happened to be a 90-decibel siren and that’s in the panel. That happened twice in one night and then the power went out. It was a really bad night for the family. I’ve since called in. Customer service was polite and nonchalant about it. They apologized and said that somebody should’ve told us about that feature. They did what I needed them to do and shut that feature off. That was what really mattered.

With the general blips and noises of stuff that comes out of one of these systems, somebody should spend a couple of minutes explaining what to expect the system to sound like and what it’ll do and simply ask the question, “Do you want your system to tell you about the things or do you want your system only to go off when there's an intruder?” That simple question would probably alleviate and/or help educate a number of people on what they're gonna get out of their technology. If I were talking to somebody, I’d say Brinks is a good system but buyer be educated.

Brinks Home Security™ response

David,here at Brinks your protection and satisfaction are must and we will do everything we can to ensure this. Thank you so much for not only allowing us to protect your most valuable investment but also taking the time to leave us this review. We look forward to being your trusted home security for many years to come. If there is anything you need please don't hesitate to reach out to us. -Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

One day, my system was not working and I went online just to see which one was the fastest on response and had good customer service. It was Monitronics which turned into Brinks and I've been with them for about five years. With Brinks, the service is a little better. Their customer service is great too. They really understand you, they take their time to see, and they're always right there for you.

We experienced a small mistake wherein something happened in my keypad. When the alarm went off, nobody went to my house. Thank God a burglar never came and nobody stole anything from my house. But, I was pissed off and I wanted to cancel everything. The Brinks rep explained to me that somebody hit the code. If they see on their system that we put the code, they don't call nor send a police officer. They also told me that they have to pay a lot of money for a police officer to go over our house and I gotta understand their way.

Then, the rep said, "For you to not leave our company..." and transferred me to a department. The rep from that department told me that they have a new keypad which records and takes pictures of you every time you put the code. With it, I had to sign a contract up about a year more or two. Brinks also hooked me up with a couple of extra things such as a doorbell camera and a door lock. They helped me out really good. I was gonna leave the company just because of the misunderstanding and they took their time to make me a happy customer.

Still, if Brinks had called their customers and advertised their new stuff, maybe I would've had no burglars go to my house or try to break in. They should do that every time that they have something new. Every year that passes, something else new comes in. So, I'm pretty sure that they can just reach out to the customers or hook up their long term customers without something happening.

Also, the customer doesn't have to pay a lot of money when new stuff comes in. I have my own business too and in my own business, when something else comes new or better, I'd just give it to my customer. The customer, then, is gonna be happy and gonna appreciate being part of my family because he's gonna feel that he's being protected. Other than that, everything has been great. The installation of the new equipment also went pretty smoothly. I recommended Brinks to my dad right after everything was in my house and when he saw everything, he said, "I wanna get that."

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jose, Thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing feedback. We love to hear from customer when are doing the best we can. We certainly love the feedback in regards to advertising, we do send out offers via email to ensure customers know what options they have. However a lot of customers actually like to keep the equipment they have as it is more convenient. Notheless we will take this feedback and move forward with it, if there is anything we can do please don't hesitate to reach out to us. - Jacob B

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

A next-door neighbor broke into my house and stole a chainsaw that I had in the living room. I used it to get wood to better heat up my house. I priced Brinks and ADT, and Brinks offered the better price when it came to the systems. At that time, we were struggling money-wise and still trying to get out of debt. I also like the features included in the package. I’ve been showing my daughters this button to hit if there’s ever an emergency. I told them that if anything would happen, my phone would ring. I told them to get my phone and to say what's going on. I also have the app downloaded. So instead of us arming as we’re walking out the door, we walk out and lock everything then as soon as I get into the vehicle, I arm the alarm. Then I get the message that the alarm has been activated.

I am still yet to put the outside camera though. We’ve been getting snow and it’s hard to find a place to put it in. I also don’t want my next-door neighbors knowing that we got this security system. I wanna see if I can install that outside camera in a location where they won’t be able to see it. My girlfriend even said, “Let’s not put up the sign.” If the neighbors happen to wanna come in, the alarm’s gonna get them by surprise.

One morning, I walked outside to start my truck and I forgot that the alarm was on. The alarm sounded after the countdown ended and I was receiving messages. That’s one feature that I enjoyed a lot because I know it was an accident but I knew that the system was working. I didn’t hear the alarm outside but my daughters heard the alarm go off in the house. They said it was a loud noise and they freaked out. When I came in, I was receiving emails and texts, message after message, that somebody came into the house and the alarm was activated. That was when I remembered that I forgot to deactivate the alarm.

Brinks' customer service reps were really helpful when they talked to my dad and to my friend. I have people listed down for the phone calls and they also got the messages right after the alarm went off. That was real awesome because they were able to get ahold of me right away and they were able to ask me if I was at home. I told them that everything was fine and that it was a mistake on my part. Customer service was really friendly with them and everything was resolved. I liked how quick the response was when the alarm sounded in the house and how quickly they shut it off after I deactivated everything and then me responding to them via text message. I let them know that I deactivated the alarm and that it was a mistake on my part.

I’ve been so used to where we can come in and out when we didn’t have the alarm. Even now that we have it, sometimes we wouldn’t arm it at night because we’re home and I figured it would be a little bit easier when we walk outside. I’m not having to check to make sure that the alarm hasn’t been activated. But when the neighbors next door are home, we activate everything. Law enforcement wasn’t notified when the alarm went off before but now I know that if someone comes in and they’re in here longer than they need to be, that alarm’s gonna go off and I know we’ll have law enforcement out here as soon as possible. All in all, I’ve been real satisfied with everything.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Fernando,the words described in your review are so kind and thoughtful, thank you for taking the time to leave us these kind words. The experience described in your review is the exact kind of experience we strive to bring to all of our customers. In regards to your neighbor we are sorry that this is what prompted the purchase but moving forward you will have peace of mind that you deserve. If there is anything we can do to keep your time with us anything other than amazing please feel free to reach out to us. The Brinks Home Security family looks forward to being your trusted home security. -Jacob B

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Our house got broken into and robbed and we weren't gonna stand for allowing that to happen again. The day after we got robbed, my wife told me to stay at home and to have the top two home security companies when she gets home from work and to get on a conference call to talk to them. Brinks Home Automation had a reasonable monthly fee considering what you get for service.

We also liked the a la carte system, whereas with some of the other companies, you gotta buy the different packages and your monthly service goes up if you want other things, and everything gets more expensive. That didn't happen with Brinks. As we added things, the monthly fee didn't change. The woman that we spoke to for about an hour wasn't trying to add more things and wasn't trying to pressure us into anything at all, which was nice. She talked very nicely to my 9-year-old daughter. The staff we dealt with at Brinks was so nice, especially after a horrible event like that, that when we hung up the phone, my 9-year-old, who had nightmares the night before, said that she felt safe in the house, and that meant a lot to me.

My wife and my stepson also felt safe in the house. They went through great training when the system was set up. The devices were so easy to put in, whereas ADT and a lot of other companies said they would have someone come out to our home and set things up. We just had an unwanted visitor in our home and we didn't want someone else in our home, which we didn't have with Brinks.

We got the security system set up and we did the testing, but I wish there was a way to do a live test or to actually send it to the police department. If we contact our local PD and say that we are doing a live test, the phone call gets sent to the dispatch and they say that the system is going on, although the police department already knows it's a test. We tested everything and they were able to see it, but we wanted to see how quick it actually made it to the police department. Another thing is we wish that that alarm would not silence and just keep going. The alarm here goes off, then stops after a set period of time, which we thought was gonna stay going. We are in a rural area and we don't want it to silence after half an hour. We want it to keep blaring.

We've had other people that we've shown the app to who have the doorbell cameras from other people and have the other security systems, but they can't believe the quality of the cameras that I have or the sensitivity of them. It said in the documentation that the camera would pick up something X distance, but it is picking up things twice to three times the amount of distance. I can see my neighbor coming out of his house at least 100 yards away. It scared the hell out of the UPS man when he dropped the package off and the camera went off, and I thanked him through the camera. I'm blown away by the quality of this tiny doorbell camera. Everything has an amazing quality. It is an investment that one might wanna go into. It is well worth paying the monthly fee other than coming home and noticing that your house in disarray and someone touched everything, and the stuff that you can't have replaced are missing.

Brinks Home Security™ response

David, Being able to rely on and trust your security provider, is a very important aspect when it comes to a security company. I am overjoyed to know that we have been able to live up to your expectations. We thank you for choosing Brinks as the company to deliver your additional sense of security.Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great feedback. We truly value and appreciate the feedback you have given. Our goal is to give all of our customers peace of mind inside there home because that is what you deserve. -Jacob B

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brinks Home Security™?

Original review: July 19, 2019

Cancellation process is unnecessarily difficult. Requested to cancel after Brinks tried to charge me in July of 2019 for a supposed "missed payment" in July of 2018. I have made all of my payments since becoming a customer with Monitronics (bought out by Brinks) many years ago.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Our contract was up with what used to be Monitronics. Brinks purchased them a few months back. We had Brinks about 12 years ago and couldn't really remember why we got rid of them. Well we were quickly reminded. The first call I made was in May to see if I could get a better deal on our security service provided by them. We were paying 37.99 per month. We were offered a lower rate, however they told us at the time we would have to purchase any upgrade we wanted. We had our panel for about 4 years so I felt we were due. They ask for about 150 and I polity declined.

I waited a few days and called back. Surprisingly we were told that they were just waiting for us to call for scheduling and I said no I didn't agree to anything. So at this point I am offered a new panel free of charge and a rate of 27.99. I decided to accept that offer. About a hour later they call back and said they can't offer a rate that low, but he was going to provide me with a credit and the first full payment would not be until August. I stated that was fine. He assured me no payment in June, a payment of about 12.99 in July and in August a full charge. I agreed.

Come June, Brinks pulled out 30.99 out of our account. I called and they said they found the agreement and to call back on Monday and they would reverse the charges. I called Monday and the female on the phone told me, "We don't have a record of you calling or of that agreement." I assured her I called, and there was a agreement and the lady stated she located it on Saturday. I informed her after she argued with me over it that I will be calling my bank. I removed them from any withdrawals and my bank reversed the charges.

I called on that Wednesday. Asked for a manager to try and get this resolved. I informed him that this was technically a bait and switch. You gave me one price and then charged me another and refused to give me a agreed price. I was informed that if I cancelled I would be charged for the entire length of the contract and for the panel I received. I was quoted one price charged a different price, and when I confronted them I was basically financially threatened. They have lost a customer over month and a half credit and a few dollars a month. Now I remember why I left years ago. Don't use this company.

Original review: July 19, 2019

The equipment was poor with lots of false alarms, so I decided to cancel my account. The process is designed to take a very long time and it's difficult to reach someone authorized to help on cancelling an account. It took me four attempts to finally reach someone. Long phone wait times, you can only reach someone that can help during normal business hours and even during those times it's still difficult.

They have a 30 day delay on cancelling after they receive an e-document back to them requesting the account to be cancelled. So, you're still paying them for 30 days after you tell them on the phone followed by sending them an e-document. Beware of Brinks: their procedures are very predatory and constantly try to get you to sign back up during the entire cancellation process. The process is designed to wear you down in hope that you'll simply stay with them at a new teaser rate. The rep has no power to change the process. If I could give them a zero I would.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I sold my home and the individuals who purchased it did not want the service. I called to attempt to put the service on hold till my new home was done being built and was told no by the rep. I then stated that I would like to cancel my service as I would no longer be living there. They told me that I would have to pay the term of the contract out. The contract should have been completed as it was since I took the contract over from the individuals that lived there before me. The individual did not help and when asked to put me on the line with a supervisor I was left on hold for 35 minutes. The young lady came back onto the phone and attempted to give me a discount to cancel my service. I told her no and was then put back on hold for an additional 10 minutes.

When the supervisor finally came on the line she was extremely nice and attempted to sell me additional services for a home that I no longer own. All that I want is to cancel my service at this point. I find it irrational that I am "locked in" for an additional year on a service that I am unable to use and that I did not actually receive anything from. I can understand being in a contract when you get things for free (equipment) but I did not receive anything from said service.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have used Brinks in the past, but when I got my house I wanted new front and back door locks. Bought 2 Brinks entry door locks. Had to get them rekeyed to one key, no big deal. Installation was fine, but within a few weeks after installation, the door handles get stuck in place. In other words they stay in open position all the time. Have to force back to closed position. The push button mechanism gets stuck all the time. We have gotten locked out of the house many times when opening the door not realizing the button never popped out. I have had to practically take apart the locks just to unlock the button. If I go outside when I’m home alone, I never shut the door all the way. We had to break the glass on the back door to get back in since the door was still locked from this malfunctioning door lock. It’s so frustrating. I will never buy Brinks brand doorknobs again. Spent almost $200 for these locks and am not satisfied at all.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Christina, Oh no! We are taken back by reading your review. We would never want for a customer to not be able to access there home. We definitely want to ensure this matter is resolved and you of course are able to access your home. We have attempted to locate your account but have been unsuccessful in doing so. If you could please send us an email and I will be sure to research this matter and then reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

Original review: July 18, 2019

During a call with customer service, the representative was extremely rude in tone and unsympathetic to my situation when I called to see what my cancellation options were. I've been a customer almost 3 years I think and still have a while to go. I also mentioned that my doorbell alarm and camera fail to function almost daily and they I'm becoming frustrated with the system. I have also had sensors like door or glass break trigger in a silent room, which makes me scared to arm the house for fear of false alarms.

I was told rudely by the representative that I couldn't back out of my contract without paying and that it's up to me to review and know the details. I explained that I didn't even know how to log on to Brinks website to see anything related to my contract with them - since I was an Envision then Moni then Brinks customer, I had no idea where to even look to login. It wanted a customer number, which the rep said was on my statement... Which was online where I don't know how to get into it. She made it sound like it's my fault for not knowing and said I just should have called for the number.

But honestly can you imagine how confusing it is to get passed/switched from company to company? It's confusing and you'd think there would be a bit more empathetic. All my papers are Envision from years ago, my Moni emails don't have the Brinks info... Think about the customer experience. Overall, I have been growing more and more frustrated with the system since I've had it, and now with this customer service experience on top of it I'm just emotionally drained. I really want out ASAP but I can't afford to drop thousands of dollars to get out of a contract.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Heather, The experience described in your review is the complete opposite of what we strive to bring our customers. We have the J.D power award for highest customer satisfaction and we will ensure you have the same experience. In regards to you being with envision then Moni and now Brinks Home. We are the same company, we have only rebranded our name. We apologize if this has caused any confusion or inconvenience on your end. We would never want a customer to feel that way. I have located your account with us and I will investigate this matter accordingly. -Jacob B

Original review: July 18, 2019

I noticed my auto-pay had gone up. My contract states my rate for 5 years. I called Customer Service and the representative could not provide an adequate explanation. I asked for a supervisor and waited for 10 more minutes. He came online and said he was looking at it. We became disconnected. I waited 5 minutes in the hope he would call me back but no such luck. Now back on hold waiting to start the process all over.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Kenneth, At Brinks Home security we strive to provide excellent customer service and when this is not done we like to be inform to be able to rectify that. I am truly sorry if your experience was anything other than impeccable. In regards to the rate increase on your account, I’d be more than happy to investigate this matter further. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you to resolve this matter. - Juana H.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I recently purchased a house in Ponte Vedra and the previous owner had the Brinks. She did not supply me with any data related to her service. I called Brinks and was told the we could relocate the service. I advised them that I was only in Florida on July 15 & 16, 2019. They said no problem. Service person would be there one of those days. Service contacted me and said they were booked and no one could come out until July 26, 2019. Not acceptable. Several calls to customer service resulted in no solution. We spent over 2 1/2 hours talking with over 6 different people. I finally asked them to cancel the contract (signed the day before) which Barry said they would do. I am very disappointed as this should have been an easy switch and now I will go to a company that can deliver.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Robert, We always want to ensure all of our customers have a wonderful experience when getting services set up. We apologize that we were not able to get someone in your area within your time frame. If your new provider is not able to deliver then by all means feel free to contact us and I would me more than happy to help. -Jacob B

Original review: July 12, 2019

Horrible service! I started paying 51.00, 6 years later I’m up to 61.99 a month. I have no need for this service anymore and when I called to cancel, they wanted the remainder of the fee upfront in order to cancel. Stay away from this company.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Zoya, At Brinks Home we strive to provide excellent customer service and when one of our customers feels that we have failed their expectations, it is important for us to know. It breaks our heart to hear you would like to cancel your services with us. Here at Brinks we care about your satisfaction and want to ensure all of our customers are getting the best quality with a great price. Therefore, I would like the opportunity to turn this into a positive experience. I have located your account with us and I will be more than happy to take a further look into this matter and reach out to you as soon as possible. – Juana H.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Terrible service and IT department. After hours your support calls go to India and that staff is useless. They listen to your issue, but you're not heard. I called to cancel my service after 7 years of service and they tell you they will email you a link to complete the request. They advised that link will take 24-48hrs to receive and if you don't get the link within 72 hours to call back. I received an email that day saying I would get another email within 2 days and it will take 30 days to cancel.

After over 10 days, I called them back only for them to say they will send me another link which will take 24-48 hours and if I don't get the link within 72 hours to call back. No supervisor on duty to speak with and I was told a supervisor would call me back, that never happened. At this point, I truly believe I can't cancel my service and they will keep giving me the run around. Please save yourself the headache and go with a different security provider. Note to Brinks: Stop trying to negotiate my rates and cancel my service!

Brinks Home Security™ response

Brian, we are sorry to hear you want to cancel your services with us. Here at Brinks Home, we care about your satisfaction and regret any inconvenience we have caused you while in the process to cancel.With that being said, I would like to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with us and I will gladly investigate this matter and then reach out to you to resolve this. – Juana H.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 11, 2019

This company does everything it can to make you angry when you are trying to cancel your account at the end of your contract. They put me on hold when I became angry with them trying to tell me what I had to do. They never came back to me. Such bad service. So glad my "gotcha for 5 years" contract has finally come to an end.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Nancie,We would never mean to make any request a difficult one. At Brinks Home we do have a cancellation process that we follow, as we do provide life saving services. Nonetheless, we always want to ensure our customers are satisfied with our services. I have located your account and I will be investigating this matter. I will be reach out to you this week to provide a resolution. -Jacob B

Original review: July 10, 2019

Got it installed Jan 2019. 1 day later alarm went off and police had to arrive. It was due to a faulty sensor. Brinks wanted us to pay for it ($300) when they installed faulty equipment. They replaced it. Since May the kitchen sensor keeps going off. They charge $50 to come check their crappy equipment: now I’m locked in for 2.5 more years so my choice is to pay out the contract of about $1600 or pay the $50 copay plus whatever else they charge to fix the issue. They are a SCAM. Do NOT get them.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Icel, At Brinks Home we are committed to ensure customer satisfaction. I am truly sorry to hear of the recent issues you are having with your system. We do offer a service plan for our accounts, in which it adds a Lifetime warranty on the equipment for any normal wear and tear. With that being said, we want to give you a peace of mind and make sure your system is working properly as your security is our priority. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I called in today, to cancel my service. Due to the fact that the monitoring service I am paying for is not being provided and the service representative decided to start threatening with lawsuits cause I still have a few months left on the contract. Mind you that the contracts can be forfeited due to either part not living up to what was contracted and I am trying to cancel due to their failure of not living up with their part. My alarm has gone off and I have sensors with issues and they have not monitored anything at any time.

If I'm not mistaken, they are supposed to monitor and call me to let me know any issues with my system and they are not doing so. So for that reason it seems like they are not complying with their end of the contract and gives me total right of cancelling service, even if there is still months left. But the service representative decided to start an argument with me instead of resolving the issue, giving me a piece of his mind. But that's ok, companies who keep employees like these, end up going down the drain. The contract will finish someday, and I will have this experience forever. So, if it's better to lose a customer than an employee, then so be it.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Francisco, I am terribly sorry to hear of your recent negative experience as it is the opposite of what we strive to provide. At Brinks Home our top priority is your security and satisfaction. We do have a dedicated technical support team to ensure all of our customers technical issues are resolved and I am sorry if this was not the case. With the alarm system we monitor active alarm signals and respond accordingly. I would like to turn this experience into a positive one and ensure your system is working properly to give you a peace of mind. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you to bring a resolution to this matter. – Juana H.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Had Monitronics for a couple of years until Brinks took them over. Service was ok, I guess. They never did anything that I could tell. Their website needs some work. Can't upload a permit like you could with Monitronics. The One Star is for trying to cancel my service. I was on a month to month contract since my original contract was with Monitronics.

Recently I sold my house and moved. I contacted Brinks to cancel my service. They require a 30 day notice plus another month's fee for that 30 day waiting period. They were to email the document I was to sign and send back. It never came. A week later I called and spent another hour on the phone with them. They had an incorrect email address for me, even though they send me an email notice every month that my credit card had been charged for their fee. So now I wait on another email with their document for me to sign. They said give it 72 hours for me to receive. WHY???? Why would it take them 3 days to send me an email??? Then they tried to give me the hard sell to keep my service where I moved. In the meantime they have charged me another month service fee for a house I no longer own. Terrible company. Do not recommend unless you want to be their customer for life.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Cy, We always ensure we are proving our customers with the best in safety and security. We provide life saving services, which the reason why we require written documentation. We apologize if we have caused any inconvenience in this matter. I would like to look further into this and provide a resolution. Unfortunately, we are not able to locate an account based off of the information provided. If you could please send us an email. I look forward to speaking with you. -Jacob B

Original review: July 10, 2019

We signed up with Brinks in July of 2018 and everything was wonderful at first. Since January of this year we have been going back and forth with the installer of the equipment and Brinks because the cameras stopped working. The installer wouldn't get back with us and when they finally did an appointment was set for them to come replace the cameras. On the appointment day they called and cancelled because their "installer quit". Brinks says they can't do anything (even though they have no problem drafting $60+ monthly) because they don't yet have the "full contract". Brinks also advised me that we should be mad at the installer and not Brinks. We very much regret signing with Brinks. Signed a 3 year contract and the cameras worked for less than 6 months.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Teresa, We are so sorry to hear of this experience with your installing dealer. Please know that we would never to mean to make any request a difficult one. We certainly want to ensure we get your system back and running to your fullest satisfaction. With this being said I am happy to investigate this issue and provide you with an amicable resolution. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you Monday with a resolution. -Jacob B

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 8, 2019

I have been trying to get Brinks Security to bill me by e-bill or through direct withdrawal. They have been unable/unwilling to do either since November of 2018 when they took over for Monitronics Security. I am now trying to get through by phone to cancel my Brinks account and have been on hold for 57 minutes -- I hung up. They state you cannot cancel by email and HAVE to contact them on the phone number with unbelievable hold times.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Nancy, We are sorry to hear you would like to cancel your services with us. Here at Brinks Home our main goal is to provide all of our customers with the best customer experience, and I am sorry if this was not the case. In order for us to ensure our customers safety and reduce fraud we do not allow accounts to be cancelled via email. Your agreement requires a 30-day written cancellation request in order to properly cancel the services. With that being said, I have located your account with us and will be sure sure to reach out to you today. -Juana H.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I had to sign a four-year contract to update my existing equipment. Almost immediately, a "cost recovery fee" was added to my monthly bill. I just got another price increase. Apparently, the contract is for the sole benefit of Brinks. I'm so glad there are now contract-free monitoring services available and can't wait to serve out my sentence with Brinks to go on to a fair and reputable provider. Really, the PUC should be regulating this industry.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Sandra, We are sorry to hear of your recent experience. Here at Brinks we care about your satisfaction and want to ensure you’re getting the best quality with a great price. In regards to the increases on your account I would be more than happy to take a look into this matter further. I have located your account and will be sure sure to reach out to you. -Juana H.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I am very disappointed with this company. I tried to cancel my service today only to find out they told me that I am stuck in a 36 month contract, and the only way out is to buy out my contract. I explained to them that at this time I am going through a financial crisis and I can’t afford the service at this time. It didn’t seem as though they cared about my situation at all. We don’t use the service is what I explained to the representative but he told me it didn’t matter if we used it or not. The only way out is to buy out the contract. I told him if I could do that then I wouldn’t need to call and cancel the service. I explained to him due to medical expenses and lack of work I cannot afford it at this time. They are not sensitive to any situation as long as they get their money.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Deloris, We are sorry to hear of your recent experience. Here at Brinks Home, we care about your satisfaction and regret any inconvenience we have caused you while attempting to cancel your services. I was able to locate your account with us and I would be more than happy to reach out to you as soon as possible. –Juana H.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 2, 2019

I was out of the country and my alarm tripped twice because of low batteries. The second time was close to midnight and I received no call and neither did my emergency contacts. We found out because our Ring system alerted us of motion and the security guard from Brinks told us something tripped the alarm - this happened both times. Then my daughter, who is one of the emergency contacts that received no alert, tries calling Brinks, while half of the EMERGENCY security hotline does not work after hours. The automated system dragged on while we thought our house was getting broken into and finally the customer service rep who was mumbling very softly got offended when she asked him politely to speak a little louder and hung up the phone.

A security system service should be available 24/7 - especially because most break ins occur late at night - and it should be easily accessible. Brinks bought the company we originally had our alarm system with and they treated us well. As soon as we get home, we are cancelling this service and going back to ADT. ADT is a bit pricier but at least we will never have to worry about an issue like this coming up again with disappointingly poor communication from a company that we trust our home and family's safety with. It's in your family's best interest to stay away from Brinks and pick a better-reputed home security system.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jas, We are so sorry to heat of this experience with monitoring. We strive to ensure all of our customers are protected and monitored on a 24/7 basis. We do also have ASAPER exclusively at Brinks Home, that notifies all emergency contacts via text, email and phone. With this being said I am happy to look into this incident further. There must be some confusion that I am happy to assist with in clearing up. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to investigate this matter further and then reach out to you Friday. -Jacob B

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 27, 2019

I have been with Monitronics since 2013 which was bought out by Brinks Home Security. I regret ever signing a contract, there is no way to get out of first 3 years. Then they offer you cameras for extended 4 years. The fine print is the price increases each year. I started paying 39.99, 6 years later I’m up to 61.99 a month. I have called various times to reduce the price. They have great customer service! But the only way to reduce the fee is to extend your contract. I feel robbed 61.99 a month for outdated equipment.

Brinks Home Security™ response

H Veloz, We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience when contacting us. In regards to your price increase I Am happy to look into this matter further. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 25, 2019

I have been paying $55 without a camera installed in our place in Edmonton for 43 months!! Locked for 60 months!! Other security systems provide much less monthly payments with 2 cameras for $35 (I've been offered that price with free 6 months in a two year contract). I called Brinks to get two cameras installed. First they quoted me $400 for 2 cameras. I called again because some other company offered me with lower monthly payments plus two cameras is included. PS. Please call if you have a day off. I was on the phone the whole day. Their customer service rep kept transferring me and some kept hanging up on me so I had to be transferred several times again. They lowered it for $45.00, I had to pay $150.00 for the cameras and I need to extend for 18 months. I agreed.

They installed the cameras after 2 weeks. I was not satisfied, they had to come back because installer did something and the pad can't connect to the cameras. They will have to come back in two weeks again. I called Brinks and wanted to cancel it because it is not working for me. *** It's been 3 weeks since I did a new contract, it's been a week since they installed the cameras**** They told me they have extended my contract for 36 months, plus my initial 18 months. I was very furious upon learning that but would have to cancel still. THEY WON'T LET ME CANCEL. THEY SAID I CAN'T CANCEL THE CONTRACT AND HAVE TO PAY FOR THE 55 MONTHS!! That's $2500 to have it cancel!

They will have to hear the our convo, it take 48 hours for that. But if they heard that 18 months then they will change the 36 months to 18 months. But still, that is not the point! I wanted to cancel. And it is within the 30 day period but I can't. I am stuck! I am from Edmonton AB Canada, in here most security system offers $10 per month to cancel the remainder months in the contract. In Brinks, you have to pay the full amount until the end contract. Even if you won't be using their service you have to pay the full monthly payments. They would not also cancel your contract within 30 days if you have had the cameras installed. EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT SATISFIED YOU WON'T GET OUT OF THE CONTRACT!!!

BRINKS CONS. No CANCELLATION after cameras or other sensors installed. HIGH rates of monthly service. 3- 5 years contract. Bad customer rep. Bad long waiting lines. Have to pay extra $$ for cameras plus extend it. Brinks pros: NONE SO FAR THAT ANY OTHER COMPANIES WOULD OFFER. I WAS ASKING THE rep to send the convo but she wont. I also asked if she could send me the contract so I can read it thru where it states that I can't cancel if I am not satisfied but she said they don't have that document. So CANADIANS and kababayans too! BEWARE. YOU CAN GET A GOOD DEAL AT TELUS OR OTHER Canadian SECURITY COMPANIES! I have referred 3 people and regret it. 2 out of 3 people I signed regret having this security system. I will surely make sure other friends won't sign here because of the bad experiences.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Vivian, We are sorry to hear of this negative experience with us. At Brinks Home Security we strive to ensure each and every customers experience is amazing. We do have a cancellation policy that requires the remainder months of your contract be paid off. In regards to the extension placed on the account, I am happy to look into this further and provide you with a resolution. We have received your email and we will investigate this matter further. I will be reaching out to you myself tomorrow. I look forward to speaking with you further. -Jacob B

Original review: June 22, 2019

We have been with Brinks for a little over a year and we completely regret ever signing up with them. All was fine until we decided to move to a new house. Then we discovered that we would have to pay for brand new monitor console, extend our contract for a year, and any new sensors will cost $55. Upon hearing this, we realized we never actually saw the contract that we supposedly "signed." The men that sold this contract to us, came to us as Envision. They signed this contract electronically for us and we never saw it. We were told that if we want to cancel this contract, there would be no penalty or any payments due, it would just be canceled and we would owe nothing. This was the major reason we signed up for the service because we are a military family, and therefore we knew we would be moving in the future.

So now we've been charged a ridiculous amount for a security console and found out that we have a 7 year contract and will have to pay $55 for any extra sensors, yet I can't find any of this information in the copy of the contract that they sent us. Not only all of that, but we literally do not get a bill. I get nothing to my email address. I can't even find where to change these settings because the website is so horrendously outdated. This is the worst company I've ever done business with. You're better off buying a dog and a gun.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Lauren, Here at Brinks Home we strive to ensure each experience is better than the next. We never like to hear when a customer wants to cancel as we care for your satisfaction and your protection.In regards the cancellation of your contract, we apologize if you were misinformed of the policy. With this being said I'd like to look into this matter further and provide an amicable resolution and of course shed some light on this matter. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out you. -Jacob B

Original review: June 22, 2019

I hated having Brinks. The sensors constantly disconnected from the system. I sent a great deal of time of the phone with customer service trouble shooting issues that I repeatedly had. It wasn't worth the hassle to continue service with them. When I cancelled with them they informed me it would take 30 days. It took them a week to email me the cancellation form and then started the 30 days of cancellation. No other company has ever taken 30 days to cancel service. This is just their way of charging customers another month of service that didn't work correctly in the first place.

I ended up being charged for two months of service instead of the one additional month. In addition to paying for a service that didn't work they constantly called and emailed me stating that since I've been a loyal customer that they would continue my services for $20.00 a month instead of the $56.00 I was paying. If they can provide services that cheap why was no discount offered for loyal customers prior to me canceling my service. The whole experience of having a home monitoring system through Brinks has is very disappointing especially with the additional fees that were incurred. Please shop around and avoid Brinks at all costs.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Grace,At Brinks Home Security we never like to hear when a customer calling to cancel simply because we strive for satisfaction in all our customers. In regard to our 30-day cancellation process. This is due to us Brinks Home notifying your local municipalities that you no longer receiving monitoring services, and which stops you from receiving false alarm fees. Please know that we want to ensure we get a speedy resolution to this matter. I have located an account based off the address provided. I will be reach out to you as soon as possible. -Jacob B

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 21, 2019

Here is my situation, as I have spent upwards of 2+ hours on the phone with Brinks support team today and they still cannot get my service to work. On May 24th I called to activate service starting June 1st. I was handled by the take over team, as I was resuming someone else's old service. When I moved into the house, I called in and the system worked and was transferred to me with a new passcode and all. On June 4th a few days later the technician came out to confirm everything was up and running. Everything seemed fine at this point.

However, about a week later, we had an alarm sensor trigger. The reason I know this is because the mobile app alerted me, and the system panel showed a glass break sensor was triggered. But, I got no call from Brinks, and Brinks did not call the police. Brinks did nothing. So essentially, I discovered by accident Brinks was not actually monitoring my house. They did however set up my services, and are charging me monthly.

Today after speaking to maybe 14 different people, and being transferred 20 times, no one seemed to know what was going on. It was then discovered that my monitoring may have been cancelled when the old owners left the house, despite the fact billing was showing the account as active. So billing is active, monitoring is not, I think that is the definition of paying something for nothing.

One person, was finally able to explain to me that the new accounts transfer team would have to re-activate my account and that would take a few days, but the issue would finally be resolved. Only to then call me back later and leave me a voicemail saying actually it could not be turned back on unless a technician came to my house. They left the general support number to call back into to schedule this appointment. So now I am sitting on hold (20+ minutes) as I type this trying to schedule that service, but no one is picking up the phones, and I am minutes away from just quitting.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Matthew, At Brinks Home Security we strive to ensure each and every customers system is not only up and running but protecting your home, to its fullest extent. There must be someone confusion I am happy to clear up, as our system wouldn't even allow us to start billing without services being active. I am happy to look into this matter further and provide an amicable resolution. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you Wednesday. -Jacob B

Original review: June 20, 2019

I don't even know where to start. After months of merely weekly issues with my system, I tried to make a formal complaint and was told I had to make my complaint to the dealer who's the installer. My question to the agent was why do I have to make my complaint to the installer when he's a contractor working for Brink doing the installations. My automated lights comes on and stays on whenever there's severe weather in my area. That means if the storm is at 9 am, my light will be on all day until I get home and turn the off via the panel. Not to mention that the lights are on a timer and should only comes on during its scheduled time settings.

I've had issues with my lights since the beginning doing its only thing even though I had it on a schedule. I've had sensor issues which they tried to make me paid for the dealer to come out a reset. Mind you the dealer never installed any sensors, he used the ones that were already in place. How am I made liable for old sensors. I also can't reset the glass break sensor even though I took out the batteries. All in all I am tired of always calling in to technical support for problems they can't troubleshoot or fix over the phone. Worst experience even and I can't complain about their bad service or equipment because apparently that's a dealer issue.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Camiel, At Brinks Home we are committed to provide excellent customer service and when it is not done we like to be inform to be able to rectify that. Our technical support team is committed to ensure all of our customers technical issues are resolved successfully. It pains us to hear that this was not the case and we would like to express our most sincere apologizes for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I’d like to take a further look into this matter, however I was unable to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email with your account information to Socialmedia@brinkshome.com I would gladly reach out to you as soon as possible. – Juana H.

Brinks Home Security™ Company Information