(Previously MONI)

2.7/5 (387 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Brinks Home Security™

Brinks Home offers a variety of home security and home automation equipment to keep your home safe and secure. The company has three plans, which each come with a 30-day trial period. Set up your Brinks Home package yourself or hire a professional to install it. Brinks Home systems include 24/7 professional monitoring and a two-year warranty.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Pros

• Affordable options
    • Product warranties
    • Simple setup
    • Compatible with smart-home tech

Cons

• Strict cancellation policy
    • No cameras in basic package

Bottom Line

Brinks offers technologically advanced systems at affordable rates. Although the cancellation policy could be better, we like its straightforward pricing and additional equipment options.

Top Brinks Home Security™ Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… Somebody tried to break into my house one day and I had set the alarm. They opened the window and it set off the alarms so my neighbors ran out and cops showed up. I feel more ...

Verified

I added one camera, then I added a keypad in my bedroom. Brinks came out pretty fast and they also replaced a keypad downstairs, because my ex-husband punched it, and they were su...

Brinks Home Security costs

Brinks packages start between $199 and $699. Systems are customizable, so expect to pay more if you want additional equipment or upgrades. Monthly monitoring fees range from $39.99 per month to $49.99 per month.

• Upfront cost: $199 to $699
    • Monitoring price range: $39.99 per month to $49.99 per month
    • Installation fee: $200 to $450

Costs vary by location, however, so it’s best to contact a representative for the most accurate estimate.

For more, compare pricing for Ring vs. Brinks, Brinks vs. Vivint and SimpliSafe vs. Brinks.

Brinks Home Security packages

Brinks Home Security has three professionally monitored security systems: Smart Security Essential, Smart Security Complete and Smart Security Ultimate.

You can install a system yourself or request professional setup for a fee. The entire system is wireless, so no drilling is involved. Brinks offers an industry-standard 36-month contract.

• Smart Security Essential: For $199, the Smart Security Essential package includes a control panel, wireless motion detector, two door sensors, a yard sign and window stickers. Monitoring services are $39.99 per month. This system is designed for DIY installation.
    • Smart Security Complete: For $349, the Smart Security Complete package comes with everything in the Essential plan plus a doorbell camera. Monitoring service with this plan costs $44.99 per month.
    • Smart Security Ultimate: For $699, the Smart Security Ultimate package comes with everything in the Essential and Complete packages plus an extra door sensor and an outdoor camera. Monitoring services are $49.99 per month. Professional installation is required for the camera.

Brinks Equipment

All of Brinks’ equipment comes with a two-year warranty. You can use voice command technologies like Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa with specific Brinks Home systems. The Smart Security systems are compatible with Alarm.com, Google Assistant, Siri and Alexa. Plans from Brinks Home come with the following equipment:

Smart Security EssentialSmart Security CompleteSmart Security Ultimate
    Outdoor camera
    Smart Security Essential2 sensors
    Smart Security Complete2 sensors
    Smart Security Ultimate3 sensors

You can add additional equipment, like indoor and outdoor cameras, to your system for an extra charge, including HD indoor cameras, carbon monoxide detectors, extra door sensors, glass break detectors and extra motion detectors.

Brinks Home Security FAQ

Do I have to install my Brinks system myself?

Brinks makes its systems easy to install yourself. All you have to do is unpack the box Brinks sends you, put the devices in the correct spots, plug them in and activate the system. If you have a more complex piece of technology you’d like to install, Brinks can put you in touch with a technician for professional installation.

What if I move homes? Can I still use my system?

You can still use your system if you move. The benefit of having a wireless, DIY system is that it’s easy to take down and set up if you’re relocating.

What is Brinks’ cancellation policy?

The Nest Secure system is month-to-month and can be canceled whenever you like; however, after the 30-day period, you won’t be able to return your equipment for a refund. For the Smart Security systems, you also get a 30-day trial period. If you cancel a Brinks contract after the trial period, you will still have to pay your balance in full.

What home automation features come with Brinks Home?

Brinks’ Smart Security systems can be paired with smart-home devices such as smart lights, locks and thermostats. Users can pair their security systems to work with Alexa, Google Assistant or Siri. In addition, users can access all their smart-home tech 24/7 through the Brinks Home mobile app.

Is Brinks Home Security good?

We recommend Brinks Home for its affordable plans, customizable options, risk-free trial period and good warranty. Brinks Home prices — especially for the basic plan — are competitive. The company offers both self-installation and professional setup options. Its three-year contract and strict cancellation policy aren’t ideal, but these are common among other companies in the industry.

For more, see how Brinks compares against our top picks for home security systems.

Brinks Home Security™ Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brinks Home Security™?

Original review: March 16, 2022

It took nearly 3 weeks to my issue with technical problems solved. I purchased a new door and the sensor and magnet was lost. I ordered sensors but was sent magnets. I paid for the magnets and was told sensors would replace them. I was billed again for the sensors and magnets. The sensor sent had defective or dead batteries. Finally I was sent a sensor with working batteries and a magnet. My front door was without a sensor for the entire time. Plus all of this took more than 5 hours of me troubleshooting over the phone. I’m over 65 and live alone.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hi Bettye, thank you for your feedback. Brinks Home takes all complaints seriously, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please email us at socialmedia@brinkshome.com at your earliest convenience with your account number and any other details about your experience. Once this information is received, please allow 48-72 hours for us to investigate this matter and contact you via phone or email. We look forward to speaking with you soon. -Jaime

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I spoke with Juan after experiencing an issue with an entryway alarm. He was patient, professional and advised me via phone how to attempt correcting the issue. The problem was resolved without further issues. The transition was smooth changing from my previous system to the current system. My only issue had to do with multiple rescheduled appointments which made it difficult to plan for other needed responsibilities but So far I am pleased with the service. I have only had this service since February 4th. Will have a better idea how I feel after a few months.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hi Geri! We are happy to hear about your experience with our agent Juan. We apologize for any inconvenience the rescheduling of your appointment may have caused. We strive to always provide you with peace of mind and a fast, reliable alarm response when you need it. If there is anything you need, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. - Jaime

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I was previously an AT&T security customer and have now transitioned to Brinks. Brinks is an indescribable improvement in both customer service and the quality of equipment. There were some transitional issues that popped up, but through valuable follow up by Brinks these were either rectified or soon will be. Camera resolution is excellent; sensor response is nominal and the system is very robust but user friendly. I would without reservation recommend Brinks to guard your family and home.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Brian,we are happy to provide platinum grade protection to your home. At Brinks Home we strive to always provide you with peace of mind and a fast, reliable alarm response when you need it. We will be sure to forward your feedback. If there is anything you need, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. - Juana H.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I spoke with a customer service representative regarding my bill. I was promised the same rate as I had with Digital Life, but my first bill had two surprises. I was charged for paper billing which I had not requested in my contract. I was also charged a phantom “cost recovery” fee. The representative said he would credit the paper bill fee and give a $20.00 credit on the other fee, which should cover about 10 months of the charge. Apparently the cost recovery fee will continue to appear on my statement, and I will have to call back in 20 months to request additional credit. I am not wild about this procedure, but if that works, I can live with it. We love how easy the transition was and think it is better than the one we had.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Paul, we are happy to provide platinum grade protection to your home. At Brinks Home we strive to always provide you with peace of mind and a fast, reliable alarm response when you need it. If there is anything you need, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. - Juana H.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

Tech and installation great, but considering the cost of not only a system but the monitoring, I would like to get 2 yard signs and window decals WITHOUT BEING CHARGED. Every other security company gives these to their customers except the largest security company in the world? Doesn’t make sense! I mean it's advertising for YOU, not for me. And, it may act as a deterrent for would-be burglars. I guess I’ll just keep advertising for Digital Life since I have their signs in my yard already.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Aaron, we are happy to provide platinum grade protection to your home. At Brinks Home we strive to always provide you with peace of mind and a fast, reliable alarm response when you need it. We do apologize if you did not receive your yard signs. A request for the yard signs has been submitted. If there is anything you need, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. - Juana H.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Unfortunately, Brinks Home Security is another company that over charges you and steal your money. Sign up with them if you don't mind to be scammed and if you have extra money to toss around. Brinks Security is a true example of unfair business practice.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hello Sam, we are sorry to hear about the negative experience regarding your service. Brinks Home takes all complaints seriously. Please email us at socialmedia@brinkshome.com at your earliest convenience with your account number and any other details about your experience. Once this information is received, please allow 48-72 business hours for us to investigate this matter and contact you. We look forward to speaking with you soon and offer the best assistance possible. -Jaime

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

I've been waiting for my final service cancellation confirmation from Brinks. I'm canceling because their customer service is atrocious (a lot of runarounds; being hung up on, and given misinformation. And now for lying). In the meantime, I received a phone call from one of Brinks' "Senior Account Managers". He said, "I see that you have been a long-time customer with us" and that he would hate to see me go and he could lower my rate to $**.**/month (not including taxes and fees). So I told him that was great but I was not getting into another contract. There was a pause and he said, "Oh there's no contract." So, I said, "If you don't mind send me something that I could read" to verify what he was offering. He responded by saying he can't send me anything binding from Brinks that says this but he could send me an email. I thought to myself - Huh? Nothing binding from Brinks????

And therefore, what this means is he could say or write anything because Brinks' contract is the only form of documentation that is binding. So I said, "Okay send it over." Suddenly, this guy started to mention terms and conditions and wanted me to confirm the new price and offer. WTH???? I said to him that I'm not agreeing to this and I need to see an email. No apologies from him, just an, "Okay, I will send you an email." I assume he does this with everyone which is why it was natural for him not skip a beat when challenged. Well, I did receive the email and still didn't go for the scam. So today, I received an email from Brinks with the offer of $**.** to retain me. I clicked the link and guess what it said - "Discount & Contract Extension Period $**.** per month with a 24 month contract extension". The moral of the story is don't believe anything Brink tells you if you are canceling service with them.

Brinks if you do offer month-month my apologies. You need to say so publicly, perhaps on this website and on all of the popular social media platforms (and running an ad on TV would be awesome). Also, I will not be reaching out to you to discuss my situation just to try again to retain me. I doubt you'll be able to change your ways in any reasonable time frame.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hello, we are sorry to hear about the negative experience regarding your service. Brinks Home takes all complaints seriously. Please email us at socialmedia@brinkshome.com at your earliest convenience with your account number and any other details about your experience. Once this information is received, please allow 48-72 business hours for us to investigate this matter and contact you. We look forward to speaking with you soon and offer the best assistance possible. -Jaime

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

I have called over 10 times to tell BRINKS my camera still won’t record at night, I have paid for a sign and I still have not received one. They brought out a second camera and they told me it was an upgrade, it is the same camera as the first one. It is still not recording at night! Horrible customer service and only one installer in town.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hello Kay, we are sorry to hear about the negative experience regarding your service. Brinks Home takes all complaints seriously. Please email us at socialmedia@brinkshome.com at your earliest convenience with your account number and any other details about your experience. Once this information is received, please allow 48-72 business hours for us to investigate this matter and contact you. We look forward to speaking with you soon and offer the best assistance possible. -Jaime

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

Brinks charged me $2000 for equipment installation in my new home. I brought panel with me, but was charged for that because it had to be connected. I also signed a 5 yr contract. Check other companies first…

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hello Terri, we are sorry to hear about the negative experience regarding your service. Brinks Home takes all complaints seriously. Please email us at socialmedia@brinkshome.com at your earliest convenience with your account number and any other details about your experience. Once this information is received, please allow 48-72 business hours for us to investigate this matter and contact you. We look forward to speaking with you soon and offer the best assistance possible. -Jaime

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

I wish negative zero stars were an option! I had Att DigitalLife and Brinks supposedly took over their customers. I set up a conversion 3 times and they were a no show all three times, no calls to explain what happened, just didn’t show up at all! I called customer care in each day. They lied and said tech was running late and still never showed or called and they were super nonchalant and robotic only saying, "We understand your frustrations"!!! Now I’m stuck trying to find a decent company to monitor our home without breaking the bank buying new equipment! I’m so mad at Brinks but also thankful I didn’t get stuck with them for three years! Reading other reviews affirms my suspicions that they are total.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Home Security partner.

Brinks Home Security™ Company Information