Consumer Reviews and Complaints

MONI Security

Dorothy, I love reading reviews like this, as it truly makes my day. It is beyond remarkable to see how happy you are with the service MONI has provided you. I will be sure to share this awesome review with the technicians as well. Thank you for choosing MONI and for being apart of our family. -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

I had an alarm system in my house and then MONI showed up and was telling me all the good things on what they can do and that they can have it done in such a little time so I went with them. They have darn good service people. They come out and if they see something wrong or not plugged up correctly, they take it upon themselves to go ahead and fix the problem. However, they took away one service which I'd prefer wherein I could talk to my company through the box on my wall. Nevertheless, I've had nothing but good experience with MONI. With my device, I feel safe. I have faith in them and I know they're going to take care of me. If somebody breaks a window or if a fire starts, then the police and the fire department will be called.

MONI Security

Josefina, I am delighted to see that you have chosen MONI for your security company. Getting a security system was an excellent choice, especially with the number of break-ins that have occurred in your area. False alarm or not, you can always count on MONI to have the fastest response time. Thank you for recommending MONI and allowing us the opportunity to secure you and your family! -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I live in a closed community, a subdivision, and about seven houses in this subdivision were robbed. After this happened, I couldn't sleep at night, and I'd get up and turn on all the lights with any noise I would hear. So one day I went to the mall, found the booth of MONI Security, asked the rep some questions, and signed up for the security service they offered. I like their service. They're very accurate and quick in their response to an emergency. The kids sometimes play with the key chains and hit the button a couple of times. I like that the MONI guys called right away, even if it wasn't an emergency, and were very fast in their service. I'm happy and I would recommend them!

MONI Security

Shawn, Your review brings music to my ears! I love to see a customer who is extremely pleased with our service. We aim to provide our customers with a comprehensive security, so we can deliver the peace of mind you are referring to. We look forward to protecting you and your family for many years to come. –Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

MONI Security was cost-effective. They installed the system that I wanted, and were pretty quick and responsive. The installation took some time, but everything else seemed to be at a pretty good pace. I talked to their team a couple of times when our board was outdated and they had to repair it, and they handled the situation just fine. MONI is one extra peace of mind that at least the system is there to alert if necessary. They did good, and I don't have any issues.

MONI Security

Alex, As a company who is focused on our customer intimacy, we always try to get a better understanding of why we may be losing one of our customers. With that being said, we NEVER want it to seem as though we are exasperating our customers.

I am sorry that you have had to endure this type of experience with trying to cancel your account. It breaks my heart to see you go, but regardless we understand that you have made up your mind. I would love to reach out to you and assist you further with this matter. I will contact you directly. -Ashley C.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Today, Friday January 6 at 12:19 pm I called the customer services to cancel my account. After 25 minutes waiting, a customer services person took my call. At the beginning everything went fine. Then the customer services person told me that meanwhile the system uploading my account he will ask me couple of question. Here was when the nightmare begins.

This person literally harassing me with his question on why I want to cancel my service. He was pushing me to the point that I almost have an heart attack. He was question me on how I protect my family. He asked me why I want to expose my family and my house to get robbed. That I wasn't suppose to leave my house unprotected. He was speaking all the time and when I stopped him to let me talk, he continues talking about the company products and services taking as excuse that the account was uploading. What kind of computer system this company have that take more than 20 minutes to upload an account. How they can monitor a house with such slow system.

I have been try to cancel this service for years since 2014. Last time the company told me that I have to sent a cancellation letter. Due day was past at that moment so I could not cancel at the time because they told me that I have to pay the rest of the time (4 years). Well, I have been paying to this company even without any alarm system.

Now, at 6 months in advance to the day of renewal, I call to cancel but instead, the sales representative practically harass me in a such a way that I was so pissed off. At the end he gave the information that I needed practically in couple of seconds. He told me that I will be receiving an email to continue the cancellation process which I haven't receive yet. Bottom line, my experience with this company customer services has been very dissatisfied. This is a company that people should check out before sign with them. I just want to be able to cancel a services by the end of this contract which is by July 16, 2017.

MONI Security

Rv, The experience you have shared with us sounds horrendous. I am extremely sorry that you have had this much trouble with trying to get your alarm system up and running. I can assure you that this is not the type of experience we want our customers to have. I would love to speak with you to discuss these concerns more in depth. I have your account information and will reach out to you directly. -Ashley C.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Moni security system reached out to me for service. After speaking with their sales rep that called I agreed to a plan. They gave me a discount for being in the military which was great. After the installer came out he could not install the SkyBell because my doorbell was a wireless doorbell. So the sales rep called and offer me a cheaper plan without the SkyBell which I agreed upon. The service tech installed everything and left. I have an image camera inside my living room and was told it picks up body heat of 40lbs or more so my 10 pound dog would be fine and it would not pick him up. After setting my alarm and leaving the house I was getting multiple false alarms due to the camera picking up my 10lbs dog. I had to get the alarm company to ignore the camera because it was faulty and picking up my dog.

I tried calling my sales rep back and they could never put me in touch with her. All I wanted was the service I signed a contract for. The rep I spoke with on the phone said that I was locked in a contract and if I wanted out I had to pay a thousand plus dollars. I tried to tell him that this was not acceptable as I'm not getting what I signed a contract for. I asked if I could swap out the camera and get a cheaper monthly rate since I would only have a basic alarm system. I was told "no" that since I'm in contract they can't change my rate. I also did not get anything as advertised on the website (amazon echo, key remotes, etc.). I've had the alarm system less than a week and was told I'm stuck in a contract unless I want to pay over a thousand dollars. So much for them supporting the military. And the rep Vincent I spoke with on a few occasions had horrible customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MONI?

MONI Security

Cheryl, I am thankful to see that you father is satisfied with MONI. We aim to ensure our customers are well informed on who their alarm monitoring company is, to avoid any confusion. I apologize that this was not the case for you; however, I am glad that we were able to resolve this issue. -Ashley C.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

My father has had the system a long while, but he was with another company who sold the account to Monitronics, which became MONI. What bothered me was that he got no notification when the account was sold. We had to call the old company for something and they didn’t have the account anymore. MONI, the new company, told us to call a number and we did, but we didn’t have any account number because we hadn’t received any notification. We had to go back and forth in calling the companies. But it got straightened out and there’s been no real problem. My father is satisfied.

MONI Security

Rocky, I am very sorry to hear that you have had this type of negative experience with trying to resolve your service concerns. I can assure you that the interaction you have described is not tolerated here at MONI, and will be looked into. I see that one of our Execute Response Analysts are working with you to get this issue resolved. Please let me know if there is anything further I may assist you with. -Ashley C.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

I was having a "glass break - tampering" alarm. I did everything Lucas, who acted like he really could not be bothered, instructed me to do NUMEROUS times. Nothing cleared. I asked him could they fix it. He said for $50 a tech would come out, otherwise I was on my own. I am furious that they would show total disregard. I am going to have the system removed and replaced. The attorneys can hash out the details. I have NEVER been so disrespected in my life. I would NEVER recommend this alarm company.

MONI Security

Maury, Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with us. This review is a perfect example of what we are working to achieve here at MONI. We thank you for the many years you have been with us and look forward to many more! -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

I got MONI three years ago when they came by because of the service they provide and their new hardware at the time. Since having MONI Home Automation device installed, I feel really safe especially when we set the alarm and know we're gone somewhere. We're not as concerned because we know they're going to respond if there is an alarm.

Their customer service team was able to resolve the issue fairly quickly over the phone and knew exactly what to tell me to test and it works. One of the sensors had stopped working one time and then, most recently, one of the fire alarm sensors was showing a fault. We couldn't figure out what it was and it was one of the O2. Battery was low. MONI provides great service.

MONI Security

Danielle, I am excited to see that you are very pleased with the service we have provided you. I will be sure to share this review with the technician as I know he will be very happy to hear how satisfied you were with his service. Thanks for sharing! -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I've had MONI for numerous years and even when I moved I took it with me. My customer service experience with them was fine. However, I had a service call and the problem wasn’t fixed after a couple of days but they came back out to fix it again. And the guy was also wonderful.

MONI Security

Rhonda, We are honored to be the company to provide you and your mom with that peace of mind while you are at college. I am also very ecstatic to see that we have been able to provide you with excellent customer service during your interactions with us. Thank you! -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

My mom got a Moni Security and she feels more secure with it especially when I'm going to leave for college. The home security is great. We also had a super positive experience with their customer service. When I needed to download the app again, the rep who was on the way somewhere else helped me redownload the app. So, I did appreciate that. She was super great and nice when I called back a couple of times. Since having the home automation device, I have fewer worries. I travel a lot and I can tell when the door is open and can peek in who is in our place in case we're not there. Overall, everything is good and everybody's been nice.

I've had a positive experience working with their customer service. They were polite and helpful and I got the problem resolved. Having my MONI device has improved our sense of security for my family and home. I don't check it as often as I should and don't run a test but I'm fine with it.

MONI Security

Don, WOW 20 Years! It is very astonishing to see customers who have been with us for as long as you have. I am glad to see that you have been very pleased with the service we have provided you throughout the years. Thank you for being apart of our MONI family, and we look forward to many more years with you! -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

We’ve been using Monitronics for 20 years. From time to time, our alarm has gone off for one reason or another with either a loose connection or something in that order and it was usually when we weren’t there so I had to talk to their service representatives to get things squared away. We figured out what the problem was and decided whether or not to call the police or disregard it or just what we needed to do in that instance.

When I first started calling them when I had a problem it was two different outfits. There was Monitronix and then they would call some independent guy to come out, in other words, wasn’t necessarily one of their own. It was just somebody that they had association with. Nobody showed up with a uniform on or anything like that but we got everything solved.

MONI Security

Cheryl, I must say I am beyond happy to see that we were able to resolve your system issues. The time it took to fix your issue is by far too long, and for that I apologize. With MONI being a monitoring company, our primary focus is on ensuring we have the fastest response time when responding to alarms, but we appreciate your feedback regarding our own technicians. We thank you for remaining a very valued customer here at MONI! -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I was looking for a security service provider that was not connected to my landline phone. I ended up with MONI because they gave me the best price. However, I was frustrated because it took them six months to resolve my issue. I had beeps going on all through the night. The customer service team was responsive to my needs. They are not responsible for the technology part and what happened in my case. We're frustrated with Monitronics because they are just monitoring. They came with another company which did a horrible job of installing and I was left to deal with Monitronics to try to fix it. Monitronics need to have their own people install the equipment before I could recommend them to somebody else. But since they have fixed my problem, I am a satisfied customer and I don't plan to change MONI right now.

MONI Security

Valerie, It is very pleasing to read how happy you have been with our service. I will be sure to share your satisfaction with the technician that was able to resolve your issue. You are like our family and for that reason we would hate to lose you, especially due to the rate. I will have someone on my team contact you to assist you further with your pricing concerns. -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

I was with ADT and they didn’t have the cell service. I was looking to upgrade the system and somebody came knocking on the door. I switched from ADT to MONI and have been with them for a few years now. When I had an issue, a technician came out. So far, I am satisfied with the service although the cost sometimes is an issue ‘cause we are looking to cut costs. If we can find another company that can provide the same service for less, then, we may have to switch.

Noah,
Your review has put a huge smile on my face! I am so glad that your interaction with MONI has been a pleasant one. We strive to address each and every concern to the of our best capability, which ensures that you have peace of mind.

Theresa T.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I like the service I get from MONI. If something breaks, they come out and fix it right away. The last guy who came out was very good and he called me to make sure that the system was working after he came to fix it which I thought was a nice personal touch. I also like being able to control everything from the phone.

Ms. Jean,

I can definitely relate to your story, as I myself have a system in my home for that same exact reason. I love the fact that we are able to provide you with a sense of feeling secure in your own home. Your review is the epitome of what MONI stands for. Thank you for your kind words, I hope you and your Honey Bunny have a wonderful New Year!

Sincerely,

Theresa T.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I was broken into before and I've never been scared but I got MONI more or less for my peace of mind and the comfort of knowing that I have security. I live in a really rural area and by the time the police would get here, it'd be too late. So hopefully the system will work as a deterrent for somebody to see the signs and not break in. MONI also offered a package that I didn't know anybody had.

And their reps have been great. I've had the issue where I accidentally set off the alarm and they were real nice about it. I've also had some instances where I'd be notified that the battery was low and I changed it and it still wouldn't do it. I've had to deal with that and they were good about that. I'm in a wheelchair and I'm here by myself during the week. I've had the battery go low on a Tuesday and I kept resetting it then it kept going off. They were nice enough to disconnect it for me so I didn't have to worry about trying to find somebody to get our here and change it until Honey Bunny got home on the weekends. So I've been really pleased with their service and I'm very satisfied with my experience.

MONI Security

Mafalda, It brings me great joy to read your story on how you became apart of our MONI family! We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to provide you and your family with a peace of mind. I will be sure to share this review with the Sales Representative, as he will be thrilled to see how pleased you were with his service. -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

What sold MONI was the person who sold it to me. He was so passionate about it that I figured it had to be good. And when he has come by to put so much from himself to do something, I think I have to give them the opportunity. In addition, there was a time when I had to create a second password for a guest user, and their team was very helpful. I'm very satisfied. It's much better having an alarm that I can trust.

Duane,
The interaction that you are sharing does not sound like MONI at all. This is extremely concerning; however, I am glad that you have brought this to our attention, so that we have the opportunity to research this matter. I will also reach out to you shortly to address your low battery issue and also submit the request for your yard signs to be mailed out.
Sincerely,

Theresa T.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I had Protection 1 before then some people came by the door and I listened to them. They said Protection 1 was going out of business then they installed MONI's system over the Protection 1. It was kind of a scam deal. Their system seems good, however, right now, every once in a while my light comes on. It says I need a new battery and I don't know if that's in the box itself or in the fobs. But I've changed the fob batteries. Also, they were supposed to bring by some signs that says what the alarm company is and the sticker for the windows. I still don't have any of that stuff.

MONI Security

Carolyn, Although I am very happy to see you have had a pleasant experience, it breaks my heart to hear you may consider cancelling your service. We have very knowledgeable and professional technicians that I would love to send your way, so they can show you how to use your keypad. I would like to speak with you about this more in depth, so I will contact you directly. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I talked to MONI's customer service once because the payment had gone up and it wasn't supposed to, so the lady corrected it. She was really helpful and nice, and I didn't feel like they're doing anything wrong. However, they put in a keypad by my backdoor and no one has ever explained how to use it. They said it was self-explanatory but I don't have a clue. I haven't had any problems other than that, but when my contract is up, I will be canceling because I'm paying for it every month and I don't even use it, which is not their fault. MONI is a good company and I haven't had any problems with them.

MONI Security

Clarence, MONI Security does have a promotion going on regarding a free Amazon Echo for new customers. I have located your account and it looks as though you signed up with Alliance Security. MONI is the monitoring company for Alliance Security. Regardless, I would like to look into this further and see what can be done about the Amazon Echo offer. Once I have completed my research, I will contact you directly. -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I went to Monitronics site to select a security package. Based on a promotion about a free Amazon Echo, Monitronics subcontracted through another security company in my area. After installation, I called Monitronics to get information on when I would receive the promotion. I stayed on the phone for 1 hour and 9 minutes without an answer. I was passed to the subcontract 3 times. I talked to supervisor at Monitronics for over 25 mins and she could not explain when I was eligible. It took her 20 to admit that I was a Monitronics customer. She told me that I may not meet requirements. This company is very deceptive. I would not suggest signing up with them.

MONI Security

Christi, Trying to cancel your account since February seems very long and if that is true, I can see why you may be frustrated. We try to provide our customers with the best service possible, regardless of you cancelling or installing a new system. I am sorry that you have had to go through something like this; I have located your account and would like to get this matter resolved ASAP. I will have someone from my team contact you shortly to discuss this further. -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I have been trying to cancel my account since Feb of this year. I called to move and was on the phone for 30 minutes. I do not want the service. I kept repeating. MY contract was not up until November of this year, so I called back having the pay for a service since Feb that I DON’T have. They talked me into a new install, but before the new install could come the hurricane did. I decided not to move forward with the new install and since NOW my contract is over figured it would be no hassle. WRONG. They asked me to write a letter because people are fraudulent. Did I not just use my safe word to speak to you? Did I not just verify who I was. But me sending a letter is going to be different??? Can I not send an email? You can verify who you are on the phone when someone breaks in but not to cancel services. This company is despicable in getting every cent they can. RUN from them. Worthless.

MONI Security

Brad, I cannot wait to share this awesome review with the technician! He will be so thrilled to see how satisfied you were with the service provided. This is the type of experience we want to provide all of our customers with. Happy Holidays to you and your family! -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

The house that we purchased has an existing contract with MONI security, so it was easier to roll through with that same security system. They installed a new touchpad when we switched our contract from the previous owners and they did a great job in getting everything set up for us. The individual who came was on time and got everything wrapped up quickly. When I had a smoke detector that I wasn't able to get the test function to stop after the battery was replaced, their customer service rep was able to help me get that annoying beeping sound to stop. I also talked to them when we had a couple of false alarms trying to go out the backdoor with the alarm still set.

Our possessions are well-protected with the security system especially when I'm out of town on business. It gives my wife that sense of security knowing that the police will be contacted quickly if somebody breaks into the house and hopefully the alarm itself would scare away any potential intruders. Overall, it's been a really great experience. It has given us peace of mind.

MONI Security

Deborah, Ensuring our customers are very comprehensive with their security system, is an important aspect we like to focus on here at MONI. I am very sorry for the losses you have had to endure. Please know that your safety is our main priority, and we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make you feel safer. -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

A MONI Home Security salesperson came by the house and explained everything to me. I've been pleased so far with their service. The last service call I had, the man showed me things on my alarm system that I wasn't aware that I had. He was open and honest. I wished they had been as good when I signed up years ago. Since I've had the system, I've lost my husband and then my brother so I'm the only one living here now but I feel safe. I live in a rough neighborhood but I've never had any problems.

MONI Security

Marilys, I am extremely sorry to hear that you have not been pleased with the equipment that was installed by Security Solutions. I would like to speak with you and elaborate on some of the points mentioned below, as I cannot discuss your account in detail on a public forum. Please be advised that MONI's only intentions are to provide our customers with the best possible experience, and I am sorry if you have not received such. I have your account information and will reach out to you to discuss this more thoroughly. -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

We were originally a customer with Security Solutions and Monitronics purchased this company in late 2015 or early 2016. No one notified us from either company that our account had switched. To say the least we have been extremely unhappy with the service and the equipment that was installed by Security Solutions because it installed using ADT’s equipment which was already in our home. The Security Solutions equipment was not compatible with that of ADT’s and so many of the devices (in our home) were never connected to the police or fire departments.

In October 2016, we were approached by a new security company with a better offer and decided to switch companies. We were informed by a Monitronics representative in the winter of 2016 we were on a month-to-month agreement and there was no problem for us to cancel our service at any time and no balance was due. Per this representative, we had already fulfilled the agreements of our current contract. When the installer from the new company came to install their equipment, we were informed of the following:

1. Our current monitor’s sensor on the wall was never hooked up or monitored.
2. Both keychain remotes were not operable and never worked from day one since they were incompatible with the system already in place.
3. The smoke detector was not connected to the fire department.
4. The only device that worked was for the four doors that were controlled by your Resolution product that took over ADT’s sensors.
5. When the Monitronics Security panel was removed from the wall in our home no alarm (audible or silent) was activated. No passcode or pin number was entered prior to removing it.

6. We received no emergency phone call from either your company or the police of a possible break in.

We called Monitronics, as a courtesy, to inform them we would no longer be continuing our service and to please cancel our account. To our surprise, we were told that we still owed over $800 and our contract would not end until April 2018. Let the buyer beware! We have since written four letters to Monitronics’ Customer Service department, spoken with individuals on the phone, to no avail. They offered us a buyout with a discount of about $200, but why should we pay for a service that did not work?

I have read many negative reviews regarding this company’s ability to protect its clients and it’s sad when people pay over $2500 for equipment that didn’t work. Then they make it impossible to cancel your service even though you no longer have their equipment in use. I contacted the Better Business Bureau in Dallas, Texas and they only referred me back to Monitronics.

Suffice it to say, we are most unhappy... I guess my next avenue will be to contact one of the major news stations in our area to have them investigate our concerns. Then it will be a public issue and hopefully help others who are in our same predicament. I had to rate this company with one star since there is no lower rating possible. Zero stars would be more accurate!

MONI Security

Lillie, Your contentment with MONI means the world to us! The sense of security you feel is an example of us doing our job effectively and proficiently. Thanks for sharing this with us and Happy Holidays. -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I have MONI Security since they were Monitronics. I was pleased with the service that they provided during the installation and I feel safe with my MONI system. I've had a problem with it the last time but they upgraded it.

MONI Security

Stephanie, This is the type of review I love to see, and I will be sure to share this with the technician who upgraded your system. I cant explain how happy it makes me feel to know that our customers are being taken care of to their satisfaction. Thank you for sharing! -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

We've had MONI's service since we opened and it's always been a positive experience with their customer service. There was an issue with our Comcast service. Something was disconnected and something went digital and our landline wasn’t working with Comcast, so MONI's technician had to come out and he was very helpful and knowledgeable. We upgraded our system and it was a very pleasant experience.

MONI Security

Sheila, It is very heartwarming to know how pleased you are with the customer service you have received. As far as the system issues you were having with the Wi-Fi, I am happy to hear our technician was able to resolve the issue.

The interaction you mentioned with the price increase is very discerning to me. The type of customer service you mentioned you received is not condoned here at MONI, and I can assure you that this will be addressed accordingly. I would love to speak with you about your pricing concerns and will contact you directly. Thank you for the many years you have been with us! –Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I've always had home security. The first two houses didn't have the monitoring that MONI offers. Previously, if someone broke in, my phone would ring and tell me. With MONI, the system is monitoring the house through my phone. Everything has been fine. Other times, the alarm went off when I've burned food and I've talked to the customer service team. They were very nice over the phone, and when I talked to them just recently, they were also very friendly.

Moreover, the people that came to do the install were very good at cleaning things up. Plus, they were very good at showing me how everything works and all the necessary stuff that they would have done, but their Wi-Fi that went through my phone wasn't proper. I set my alarm off for a test one time and nobody knew that I was running a test. I let my alarm go off for about three minutes. Then, I called them up and they said, "We've seen a record of you setting off your alarm." I said, "How long should it be before you'd find out?" One of them said about 30 seconds. I said that the alarm was running for three minutes. So, they started sending out repairmen to try and figure out what the problem was and it had something to do with the Wi-Fi provider they were using. But the third time, they got that all straightened out.

However, they were raising my bill for about $6 a month. I wanted to know why because I felt I had signed a contract for five years and that MONI had no right to raise my rate because of the contract. One of the customer service team members said that they've got the right to raise the rate whenever they want to. I told him that both of us signed the same contract and that I can lower my rate because I want to. I sent them $49.99 and that's what I'm going to continue to send them. Working with that rep was very bad, and he could have done some more research to find out where it says in that contract that MONI can raise my rate whenever they wanted to.

Other than that, I've been a customer for a very long time and MONI Security makes me feel comfortable. Every time I leave the house and every time I go to bed at night, I turned my device on and I feel much better with it on. In fact, I'll turn it on when it gets dark out there because Raytown isn't the greatest city in the world to live in.

MONI Security

Karen, I cannot wait to share this awesome review with Security Plus! They will be so happy to see you were very impressed with their service. We are glad to have you as a part of the MONI family and thank you for the recommendations you have given us! -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

MONI came to the door. I had a question and their customer service team answered it. Plus, the subcontractors were fine and did a really neat job when they went to our home. MONI was pretty good all the way through, and I already recommended them.

MONI Security

Jason, It sounds as though you haven't had a very pleasant experience with cancelling your service. Our intentions are to make any interaction with our customers a pleasant one, and I apologize if you have had otherwise. I have your account information and will be contacting you to get this issue resolved. -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Worse business ever. Trying to cancel service is like trying to castrate yourself with a toothpick. This company is nothing but liars and crooks. They give you the runaround and roadblocks at every turn. Do not use these criminals.

MONI Security

Dale, Your safety and peace of mind is our #1 concern. With that being said, we take pride in providing our customers with the fastest response time in the alarm industry. We're glad to have you as part of the MONI family and Happy Holidays! -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

We had ADT, but they didn't respond as quickly as Monitronics. We called MONI Security and the guy came out and told me what they were about. They sent over the thing and I've got everything covered. Also their response time has been quick since we've had it. Plus, the center was more locally here at that time. We're very pleased with them.

Expert Review

Erin RaubAlarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.    More about Erin→

Founded in 1994, MONI Security is today one of the largest home security companies in the United States. More than 400 Authorized Dealers serve all 50 states, offering easily customized, tech-savvy alarm systems at mid-range cost.

• Customized equipment: MONI Security offers many equipment brands in different price ranges. Additionally, the company's offerings are comprehensive (varies by location), extending beyond basic security to home lighting control, keypad door locks, and remote-access thermostats.
  • HomeTouch automation: MONI Security remote home security allows you to perform an array of tasks via computer, smartphone or tablet: arm/disarm your system, tweak your thermostat, lock your doors, and even check your appliances from afar.
  • Backup power sources & monitoring: Redundancy is the name of the game: two power sources ensure you never lose security coverage, and multiple monitoring channels ­– Internet, phone line, and cellular – guarantee your system is always connected to the monitoring station.
  • Available through approved dealer: Since there is no company standardization, deals and services are limited to what's available locally.
  • Equipment: MONI Security device selection differs from its competitors. Before making a commitment, verify that your local dealer has your desired devices available.
  • Best for Homeowners, tech-savvy shoppers and hands-off consumers.

MONI Security Company Profile