Call toll free
3.23/5

(Previously MONI)

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Brinks Home Security™ is one of the largest home security alarm monitoring companies in the U.S. Headquartered in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Brinks Home Security secures approximately 1 million residential and commercial customers through highly responsive, simple home security solutions that are backed by expertly trained professionals. The company is supported by the nation’s largest network of independent authorized dealers, providing products and support to customers in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.

Brinks Home Security™ Gallery (2)
Consumers Choice Award Winner
A+BBB Rating
Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Security Systems J.D. Power
View More View More

2424 Brinks Home Security™ Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

3 years ago I originally signed up with a third party company that gave me my security system and set me up with Monitronics for the monitoring. I was originally told it was a 3 year contract and NOW I just found out I’m stuck with a 5 year contract, but that’s a whole other story. I called in the other day because my 2 year old alarm panel (2GIG-GC3) is malfunctioning and the screen is faded with no color. I was told that they would have to send out a technician (on my dime) and if the panel was damaged I would have to purchase a new one. Why would I purchase a new one if it’s just going to fail again in 2 years? So I began to inquire about the Nest product, I think it sounds like a decent system and it would fit our needs. So I asked if I could just throw my current alarm system in the trash and purchase the Nest system.

This is when I was told that I had 21 months left on my contract. So I asked if it was possible to purchase the Nest security system, continue paying the $40/month that I’m contracted to and have Brinks monitor the new Nest system rather than the old system. Keep in mind that Brinks only charges $19/month to monitor the Nest system. Apparently I’m the first person ever to ask this question because it took over an hour of explaining the situation to 5 different reps all from different departments before I got an answer. I was finally told by a Customer Care rep that they can get it all set up and it shouldn’t be a problem. She then transferred to billing, where again I had to explain the whole story because there was nothing in the notes and I was blindly transferred to her.

She then explained that the switch should not be a problem and then she transferred me over to the sales dept. Again, I had to explain the whole thing over to the sales rep. She had to place me on hold multiple times so that she could speak with her manager to get the approval. I’ve now been on the phone for an 1hr 30min. She comes back and tells me that the switch should not be a problem and she is going to have her manager contact me right away to get it taken care of. She said I should receive a phone call within 5 min.

6 hours later without a phone call I decided to call back. After being passed around from one department to the next I finally got to speak with customer care. Customer Care rep tried to figure out who was supposed to call me so she could put me in touch with the right person. Well, nobody in the sales department wanted to talk to me so they just relayed messages back and forth through the customer care rep as she would put me on hold and ask my questions then return with “what they said” answers. So after spending another hour on the phone, I was basically told that they will not monitor my Nest security system unless I cancel my contract (and pay it in full $840) and then set up a new contract to monitor the Nest system.

Even after explaining that I was told it can be done by 3 different people in 3 different departments it still didn’t matter. It was obvious that they did not want to help me unless they could squeeze more money out of me. So after spending 2.5 frustrating hours on the phone I got absolutely nothing accomplished, my control panel is still broken, my alarm is not functioning and I’m stuck in a contract for another 21 months. Thanks Brinks.

Brinks Home Security™ response
Brandon, Customer satisfaction is something we strive to achieve everyday here at Brinks home security. We are sorry if we have caused any confusion, allow us to make this right and address your concerns. We have attempted to locate your account, unfortunately we have not been able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me a direct message with your account information and

I will be sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I can't tell you if the equipment is good or bad because I wouldn't buy from this company. I can tell you that the customer service in sales is abominable. The salesman was pushy, belittling and rude. He didn't get his way with me as a customer, so he proceeded to tell me that I was a waste of his time when, in fact, he had called me, not the other way around. If he is an example of the quality of service of this organization, I not only won't purchase from them, but I will make sure that everyone that I connect with who is interested in a system, knows to stay away from Brinks. What a disgrace for a company with a recognized name. And, so sad for someone who needs to make himself feel better by disparaging others.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I was also grandfathered into Brinks from Monitronics. I was desperate at the time of sign up because of a recent issue that had happened, so I signed with Monitronics. With the exception of charging for everything after the basic system, everything was fine. Until I looked at the Brinks site and saw they offer a few things Moni didn't. I tried their support which was unhelpful to say the least, all I wanted to do was add a doorbell cam and the updated, bigger panel. I gave up, went to Twitter, and there I received exceptional assistance. This put a little faith in it. Set an apt for 2 weeks out. Confirmed my apt with the installer 2 days before, also got reminder calls - things were looking up. Day of the apt... No installer. I called, leave a message. 30 minutes later, Brinks scheduling calls me and says the installer just put in the order for a new panel that I had requested. I made no changes to my request. I told them to cancel it.

Next day, I call to cancel my service. Mind you, I already had an issue because they started to charge me MORE than my contractual agreement. With no notice to change or update contract terms or conditions. I inquired over the phone and the lady only told me that's what she sees. I signed on for a 36m contract in Jan of 2017. 36m puts my end date at Jan 2020. The lady on the phone said I was wrong, that the end date was Jan 2021... That I have to pay some ridiculous amount to end my contract. Look, I don't mind that because it's an agreement, but YOU ADDED AN ENTIRE YEAR TO MY CONTRACT WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION OR NOTIFICATION! Now I am going to fight it. The dollar amount she told me I need to pay, does not match my records or coincide with my contract.

Brinks Home Security™ response

James, The recent experience described in your review is the exact opposite of what we strive to provide when assisting our customers. Here at Brinks integrity is required with all of our transactions and we are sorry if there is any confusion we may have caused. Allow us to investigate this matter and I will be reaching out to you asap. -Jacob B

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My daughter used Brinks when it used to be called Monitronics. I felt better to have a home security system for the kids in my house so I talked to the salesperson that put in my daughter's equipment. Afterwards, their guys came and they put everything in when they said they'd put it. I got the basic equipment and it seems to work fine. I now feel better because I can monitor my house from the phone and see what’s going on. So, I like the system.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Debbie, It sounds like we are doing a great job in protecting you. We are filled with joy to know we are doing above and beyond to ensure the protection of our customers. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and have a great day. -Jacob B

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I originally bought the alarm system from a door to door salesman in April 2016. Everything was fine until out of nowhere they increased my rate. It wasn’t much at first and when I called they said the local fee went up or something like that. It was less than $1 so I let it slide. Well ever since then and especially after it was bought by Brinks they keep raising my rate. I call every month and the representative always tells me the same thing. That they are going to lock my rate at $54.96 and I will see it adjusted on the next month. Yet every month they pull a different amount from my account. I will be calling today and at this point I am considering legal options. I originally was told that I would be locked into my rate if I sign a contract.

I remember it being a 2 year contract according to the salesman but when I called they told me it was a 3 year contract. Yet no one will send me a copy of the contract I signed. My original rate was $53.99 then they raised it to $54.42 then they raised it to $55.06 then they raised it to $57.89 and then when Brinks bought them they started charging me $60.59 even though I was told in July that they would be locking my rate in at $54.96. I am beyond displeased and annoyed that I have to deal with this every month and I have never been refunded and what they tell me is going to happen never actually happens. Considering a class action lawsuit at this point just because they should not be able to get away with this.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Sara, Reading this review is very disturbing, as we would never want any of our customers to go through something like what you have described. We are determined to investigate this thoroughly to see what has occurred and rectify this amicably. Your account has been located, and we will be sure to contact you directly, once our research is complete. -Jacob B

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brinks Home Security™?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I was with Monitronics then it changed to my monies and I had no problems. Then Brinks came into the picture and have totally screwed everything up. They keep saying they didnt receive payment. Every month since April 2018, even though I have confirmation numbers (which it turns out are useless). It doesn’t matter. They have argued with me every time. They waive late fees like they’re doing me a favor. They credited me 1 month because the lady said it was their fault. Now they won’t do anything and I am at my wit's end. I will give everyone the punch line at the end.

I also argued about my contract. I asked to heat the recording, because I said my contract should be up but nooo I listened to the recording and sure enough it was me agreeing to an extension for some cameras. Problem is I never got the cameras and now they said, "Tough luck. We sent them. Not a problem." I want out of my contract so badly now it’s unreal, never have I disliked a company as much as I do this one. Anyhow bottom line is Brinks will not help in any way, shape or form. As to why when I pay my bill and keep getting late notices, I finally got hold of my bank about this to see if Brinks tried to get the money for the bill, this is what I was told: “We are not releasing funds to Brinks Security because their fraud score is too high.” Now I have to find a way to pay this company that won’t help me.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Stephen, Here at Brinks we strive to provide the best in customer satisfaction and regardless if a customer is parting ways or not we want to ensure that everyone is treated right. We would love to look into this matter and address your concerns, however i have not been able to locate your account with us. If you could please send us a direct message and we will be sure to reach out you asap. -Jacob B

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Back in 2015 I initially signed a 5 year contract with MONI (now BRINKS). After a day or two went by I called in to customer service to tell them it would be a hardship for me to do the 5 yr contract. The lady I spoke to was very understanding and said she could set me up with a 3 yr contract and sent me a new contract via email. Now, 3 yrs and a month down I call Brinks today to cancel my service and they tell me they don't show a 3yr contract, only a 5 year and if I cancelled it would be $1600 to do so. I asked if they had notes written regarding the call I made 3 yrs prior and of course there aren't any notes on file.

Customer service offered to lower my bill $10 but that is not a help to me when I thought this entire time I only had 3 years. Customer service also said no supervisors were available to speak to. I'm in the process of trying to find my copy of the 3yr contract but so far I've been unsuccessful. I've already paid them $2600 for services with them and I will NEVER do business again where I have to enter in to a long contract. Life happens, hardships happen and BRINKS just didn't care about my situation today.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I purchased my home in 2006. I got home security after someone kicked in my door and vandalized my home while I was out of town. The company was Alarm.com at that time. We had an AGREED amount that I have been paying of $58 for the last 7 years. It changed from Alarm.com to Monitronics...still had no issues. Now all of a sudden it is called Brinks and you have the audacity to increase the amount I pay to $61 a month. I'm pissed, because I was signed up through automatic withdrawal. I received NOTHING from Brinks stating there would be a monthly increase. When I called today to speak with a representative, I was given every little hustle they can think of:

- Increases take place when you have an upgrade on your system.
- Increases take place when you have an upgrade in the area.

- We sent a notice to you about this upgrade (NOT).

They came up with every excuse to try and convince me that it was okay for them to take EXTRA money out of MY ACCOUNT without telling me. Brinks has left a very foul taste in my mouth. I don't even care about finishing the contract out now because they breached the professional courtesy that I should have been given before taking my hard earned money. You have lost a very very good reliable customer. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH BRINKS AGAIN AND I HOPE YOU GO OUT OF BUSINESS WITH YOUR SHADY TACTICS. You ought to be ashamed of yourself, trying to hustle your customers.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Nicole, We always strive to ensure that we are always open and honest about our transactions with all of our customers. We are deeply taken back by this experience you speak of, regardless allow us to investigate this matter and resolve it accordingly. We have attempted to locate your account but unfortunately we have not been able to. To ensure we get this matter resolved, can you please send us a private message with your account information and we'd be happy to do so. -Jacob B

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Sent in a letter to cancel with them in June, as I switched to a better provider. The letter did nothing and in July I went through their arcane online process to cancel. Followed all the instructions, but soon got a letter in the mail that I hadn't fully gone through the process unless I signed yet another letter and mailed it back in. All the while they are billing me for services not rendered. Now it is September and they are still trying to squeeze me for one more payment for services they aren't providing. BEWARE signing up with a company that wants to continue charging you for doing nothing!!

Brinks Home Security™ response

Christopher, We at Brinks always strive to ensure each and every customer is satisfied with us, we apologize if this wasn't the case. Nonetheless we would like to address your concerns and resolve this matter, however we have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send me a direct message with your account information and I will be thrilled to reach out to you.- Jacob B

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We’re happy with Brink's service. We’re satisfied with what the features that we have of the system. Before it was Brinks, we left the pot on the stove, it caught on fire and they called the fire department.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Bill, seeing this review regarding your pleasant experience, is simply amazing to hear. This is an exact replica of what we strive to deliver to every single one of our customers, and we are thankful to be able to secure your family and home. Thank you for being a loyal customer. –Jacob B

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I will keep in mind others look at reviews. With that said here is my story. I have had a security system since 2015. No issues until it was bought out by Brinks. I was in the process of moving. I had a person helping me to clean and pack. They wanted to know what I was going to do with the house because they may want to rent. I told them I would think about it. This person was only in the home with myself or another family member present. From what I can figure out without my knowledge they unplugged the base and yes it does have battery backup. I was not in the house every day. From what I have figured out happen is that the battery eventually died and then this person went to the house and kicked in the front door and moved in.

The security system is still not working. The police were called however the person in the house said they had permission to be there. They did not and since no alarm was sounded the police believed them and let them stay. Now I can't get them out security still not working. I am unable to go in the home, but have been told it is trashed and not only that I still had numerous items in the home because had not had time to get everything moved. Most likely a lot of it is gone. Had like TV, Blu-ray players, computers, personal items, my grandmother's silver furniture and a lot of other things. NOT A HAPPY person at this point. Why have security if it goes down and you don't even know it has.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Denise, Safety and security is our top priority here at Brinks and we never want to hear of customer not feeling safe. We will be investigating this matter promptly and will be reaching out to you today to address your concerns accordingly. -Jacob B

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Brinks reps have all been excellent and I've had very good results. When the alarm went off, within a matter of a second they called with the intention of stopping an offender but it was an error. I walked into the house and forgot to turn the alarm off, so I answered the call and they wanted to know my code and I told them. I feel very secure having the system. If anybody wanted to know what company I use for my security system, I would tell them and would recommend Brinks.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I was with Monitronics before then I inherited Brinks. I’m very happy with them. And I pay my bills by phone on the automated service.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Dorothy, Thank you for being such a long time and valued customer! I always love to hear when a customer of ours is happy with the service that they have received. We can't wait to be able to protect your home for years to come! -Jacob B

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Sold house. Sent in cancellation letter. Now have to pay for 30 days of service I won’t be using since I don’t live there now. Customer service reps are rude and have sorry attitudes. Was told that service couldn’t be turned off for 30 days. BS. IF LETTER HAS BEEN RECEIVED THEN TURN IT OFF NOW!!! Don’t make people pay for something they aren’t using. Just a way to get more money than they deserve.

Brinks Home Security™ response

David, Here at Brinks we never mean to take any request difficulty and we are sorry if we have caused any frustration. Allow us to make this right and look into this matter because customer satisfaction is a must here at Brinks. We have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you to resolve your concerns. -Jacob B

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Still unable to produce 3 yr $50/mo contract. I will cancel payment, and stay tuned, I bet Brinks is going to go after my credit. Legal issues now, dishonest, doorbell still does not work, installation was horrible, lied about the contract, will not cancel even though they cannot produce the signed contract they say they have. Other family and friends with ADT, no problems, no illegal issues, no installation problems. Stay away from Brinks. Terrible, unethical company.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Eric, My name is Jacob and I would love to speak to you regarding this matter and come to a amicable resolution. Here at Brinks we are people at the end of the day so we treat everyone with the upmost respect. I have located your account with us and will be reaching out to asap. -Jacob B

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I went with a place called Skyline and they came out to my house and showed me what they had, I liked the pricing. So, they installed it on the same day, which was fabulous. Then, I gathered the people that were monitoring was called MONI and they were approached by Brinks who took over. I was having problems and the manager from Skyline didn’t seem to want to talk to me anymore. In the end, I called Brinks and told them my problem and that it had to be taken care of. They said I don't have any warranties which I didn't even know about. I thought, “Why not?” Skyline advertised saying everything is 100% warrantied. I need the warranties and I’m not a situation to be able to afford big bucks every time someone comes out to my house because I’m not used to it. But Brinks came out and Skyline paid the bill because they didn't tell me they were meant to be responsible for the first year.

The guy from Brinks was fabulous to the point that if I ever need anyone else to come out, he would come back because now he knows my home and what I have here. He took care of everything that was a problem that Skyline installed. Brinks is the best but if they're going to take over from another company, they need to get that company to sit down with the customers and go over everything, then tell what’s gonna happen at the other end because I had no idea. Other than that, they’re very professional and they answer the telephone. Thanks to Brinks, everything is up and running. I feel good and I know I’m protected.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Susan, We take pride in the level of service that we deliver to our customers, as we want to be sure that we are meeting all of customer's security needs, and I am happy to say that we have been able to do just that with you! We truly do appreciate you for being a valued customer here a Brinks and look forward to continuously monitoring you and your family. -Jacob B

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We had equipment put in our home (which we purchased) from Infinity in Placer County - California. We agreed to a TWO YEAR contract to lock in the price of $55 Per month. Soon after - Infinity became Monitronics. I called Monitronics after 2 1/2 years to cancel, and was told I signed a FIVE year contract. I requested that they send me the contract. Mind you... while on the phone with the cancellation department, after waiting 1 1/2 hours on hold, I was suddenly disconnected. I waited and waited for the copy of my contract— it was never emailed, and never mailed to me. And now, since Brinks took over, I again called, and told them I wanted to cancel- explained that I signed a two year contract, and requested a copy. Brinks— has told me the same — I signed a FIVE year contract. And again- I asked for a copy of that contract with my signature... and again — it has never been emailed or mailed to my house.

So, I am being charged $62 per month for a contract that does not exist. I have completed my obligation, and want out of this abusive relationship. I get the same answer when I call, and the same result... they are unable to produce a signed five year contract. Next step... getting a lawyer. I had high hopes when Brinks took over Moni, but what a complete disappointment. Oh, and needless to say, the monitoring they provide, is on a malfunctioning alarm service, which to have fixed... they will charge me for that as well. If I could leave negative stars I would.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Judy, We never want a customer to feel dissatisfied with us and we are sorry if have caused any frustration. Here at Brinks we always strive for honesty and integrity, allow us to investigate this matter promptly. I have located your account with us and i will be sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I was working 14 hours a day and had a part-time job at night. I wanted to protect my home so I got a security system from another company. Then I got sold off to Brinks. I received a bill from them saying they were the ones taking care of it now but I don't have anything other than that. Not even a sticker for the window or a little sign that says who I'm dealing with. It would’ve been nice if I had gotten some kind of a response when I was first associated with Brinks. Other than that, the system is fine but it is pricey. I started out at $30 a month and now, I’m paying a $100. I have a wireless unit and and it says something about there is a tornado or something. I’m also assuming that I still have the “Help me, I've fallen. I can’t get up” button. I receive emails as well when the doors are opened and closed. Plus, when the power goes out, I get a notice.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Donald, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing feedback. It sounds like we are doing a great job, we look forward to being your trusted home security provider for many years to come. -Jacob B

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Awful cancellation process. Charged for services never rendered for 6 months and when called on every month they would credit after an hour of disputing charges, also I was never taken off of auto pay as requested. Then after making me get really upset about this they said it would cancel in a month but I will still have a balance due for months of non service! Super frustrating! They did not make moving across state any easier??? #stayaway

Brinks Home Security™ response

Sheila, Here at Brinks we never want to make any request from a customer a difficult one. Nonetheless allow us to make this right as customer satisfaction is a must. I have attempted to locate your account with us, unfortunately i have not been able to. If you could please send me a direct email to social_media@brinkshome.com and i will be sure to personally reach out to you. -Jacob B

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We have been swept up into the Brinks nexus as a result of Moni being acquired by Brinks and it has been HELL. We were offered a credit because I system had not worked for 3 months. We called for assistance because the system was still malfunctioning and a tech was sent to our home on 2 occasions, somehow the company erroneously billed us for both service appointments thereby using the credit recently applied to our account.

Now lately our cameras are not connecting to the internet because our internet service changed and the technical assistance department informed me that other than having a tech person come to our home for yet another fee, we have to climb on a ladder and reset each camera. We have previously reset the camera via troubleshooting steps done from the computer and updating the wireless connection. Now today we are told to risk life and limb, climb up to each camera manually reset. Total hogwash! Deeply frustrating, I cannot wait for our contract to be OVER.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Bridgette, We are so sorry to here of the camera issues you are having, here at Brinks we always want to be ensure our customer equipment is working properly. Allow us to research this matter and address your concerns, i have located your account with us and i will be sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I was originally with MONI and they changed over to Brinks. They swapped out my signs and it has been the same as MONI so, it seems to be good. It has been a positive experience so far and I’ve been very satisfied with my system.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Joshua, Your kind words regarding our service is amazing. It brings us so much joy to know that we can give you that peace of mind in your time of need. We are so sorry for you loss and we will always be there for all of your security needs. Thank you for sharing your experience with the world and have a great day. -Jacob B

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

We signed a contract with Monitronics in 2014 for a 60 month term at $49.99/month. My contract clearly states the company cannot increase my monthly rate during the initial term if the term I initially agreed to was 60 months or more. Three months ago, Brinks took over. We received no notice of this, and they immediately began taking more money than the agreed upon amount. Customer service was no help and were actually arguing with us on the phone and stating that the contract allows them to increase the rate during the initial term.

I guess she wasn't counting on me having the original contract in my hand 4 years down the road. I read the contract verbatim to her. The rate can only be increased if the initial term I agreed to was LESS than 60 months. More than a little unhappy with how this company treats paying customers. When you buy out the small guys, you immediately try and take more money from your new group of clients. Not a good way to approach a new business relationship, and you have lost us as future customers.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Christina, Please know that here at Brinks we always ensure that we are being upfront and taking care of our customers, it is so shocking to see of this happening. We will ensure this matter will be resolve and addressed accordingly. We have attempted to locate your account but have been unsuccessful, if you could please send me a email with your account information to social_media@brinkshome.com and I will be sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

On March 2016, I signed a piece of very misleading paper from a salesman when the company still named Monitronics. The reason I agreed to sign this paper was that he told me "You can stop the service anytime after 2 years" which my family will stay this home address for about 3 years and move out US. Then the ironic thing happened today, when I called customer service today to terminate my service. First they asked me "when I installed the system?" I said started at April 1st 2016. Then The guy told me "Oh, it is a 5 year contract!" I was shocked! I was like "what's the **!" And I have been asked to send an email to this email address: ** to solve the issue.

I just sent the email, hope the issue can be solved. Here is a simple calculation: 5*12*56 = 3360 dollars. This is a damn huge number compare you can install a home security system for less than a thousand without any further charge. I think the salesman have been trained to bait the customers to sign a paper with a great deal contact and turned into a 5 years contract! Good Job on cheating game!!! I'm glad to have a friend from law school told me that if the salesman told customer different content from the contract, the contract is unprotected. I can sue them.

Oh BTW, when the stupid technician installed the system, he smashed on my drywall and make several holes and did NOT fix them, I have to pay some construction guys to come and fix them. And He damn forgot connect the charging wire to the thermostat which the battery dead after 1 yr and I thought was my A/C issue, I paid extra money for A/C professional came and check, then He found this "Stupid issue." Brinks, I want to terminate my contract now!!! I do not want to be messed again!!! It seems a dude from CO also experienced the same issue I have. A rage dude from TX.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Xifan, Here at Brinks we always strive for integrity with all of our customers. We are so taken back by the recent experience in your review, allow us to look into this matter and address your concerns. We have located your account with us and we will be sure to reach out to you asap. - Jacob B

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I have been with Monitronics security and found out when selling our home that Brinks Security bought out the company I originally signed up with. Now they are not allowing us to cancel our contract even after the house has been sold. They are stating that we signed a contract and we have to pay Brinks to get out of the contract $1680.00. We were told by the original salesman that for a small fee we could get out of the contract when we sold the home, $1680.00 is not a small fee. We tried discussing this with customer service but the customer service agent was rude and basically didn't care. As a disabled VETERAN I'm on a limited budget and this is really poor business practices. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

Brinks Home Security™ response

Moving is stressful enough Tracy, and I sincerely apologize if Brinks has added to that stress while you have been trying to cancel your account. We would love to resolve this amicably, unfortunately we have not been able to locate your account with us. If you could please send me a direct message with your account information and i will be sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Typical corporate greed. After 15 years loyalty, Brinks cancellation "policy" requires a 30-day wait period so that they may bill me for an additional month; to monitor a now non-existent system.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Doug, Here at Brinks we strive to provide the best in customer satisfaction and regardless if a customer is parting ways or not we want to ensure that everyone is treated right. We would love to look into this matter and address your concerns, however i have not been able to locate your account with us. If you could please send us a direct message and we will be sure to reach out you asap. -Jacob B

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

We had a service through Live Watch before it was taken over by Brinks Home Security. We moved from a place year 11 months. My wife called them to stop the service. Apparently the account was put "on hold". Now we are at completely different location and received a bill for monitoring for several months for the old address. Our instrument in the box and not even set up but they "monitoring us" at the old address without system being turned on. How ridiculous is that. Complete ripoff. Never again.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Rushiraj,Reading this review is very disturbing, as we would never want any of our customers to go through something like what you have described. We are determined to investigate this thoroughly to see what has occurred and rectify this amicably. Your account has been located, and we will be sure to contact you directly, once our research is complete. -Jacob B

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

We signed up for a new replacement wire home alarm system with 4 year monitor contact. We were told we are getting everything we had on old system but upgraded. The 1st installer came out and cut some old alarm wires and spliced them into the new system and said everything worked. Everything did not work. We had no glass break or motion sensor working. We also have no smoke detector working. We called Brinks and it was 2 weeks before the same install tech came back out and tried to convince us everything was working even after we showed that the system was not. Tech finally gave us new glass break sensors and rewired motions. He said everything is working now. The system still was the working. We started getting false motion alarms when nothing was moving. We got fined by Memphis police for false alarms.

The panel started reporting low battery and the main panel started beeping with led flashing. We called again the Brinks. We had to wait another 2 weeks for a different tech to come out. This tech said he found no issues, replaced the motion sensors and said we need to replace the batteries and he left. We replaced batteries for the panel which gave the alert. The batteries where dead by morning. The last tech didn't check power cable connections which were loose causing power issues to panel draining the batteries. There still is no smoke alarm. Brinks left wires all over the install closet and broken wires in the house. Brinks has awful installers.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Carolyn, We never want to hear that a customer is having issues with there system. We at Brinks care for the safety of our customers with this being said we want to make this right and resolve this matter. My name is Jacob and i have located your account with us and will be reaching out to you accordingly. -Jacob B

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

This is the worst and most crooked company I have ever dealt with in my life. I had their service for years and went through a divorce. I simply called to remove my husband's name from the account and learned at the end of my divorce and sale of my home they entered me into a new contract. Strangled I canceled them in May 2018, charged stopped and my home was sold in July 2018. In August 2018 charges started up again, I called Brinks. Spent hours and hours on the phone for two weeks to cancel. I was told I’d get an email to cancel twice and it never came and a credit for the August charge, no credit ever received. With each call back I was on hold for longer than hour. Finally I got the email completed the cancellation with an understanding it would be canceled and it was understood that since I was only removing my husband's name it was not considered a new contract.

But today I received a letter saying “cancel request incomplete”. Contract does not end until 10/24/2021. A complete misrepresentation to me as I was only removing my husband's name. Furthermore just a month after I removed his name for safety reasons our alarm went off and guess who received the call from then Moni to disarm my system, my ex husband to be. They never even removed him completely risking my life and my children’s and then now you tell me you put into a new contract. That’s such a lie and whatever documents you have are falsified, or were misrepresented to me. Security this a joke, I called you to further my safety, you did not do that and placed me and my children at risk and then you have nerve to throw me into a new contract. I will fight this to the end and since I work in Legal I will continue to dispute this for the reasons stated.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Kiesha, We deeply apologize for the recent experience with us, please know that we never mean to cause any frustrations when assisting our customers. We would love to look into this matter and resolve your concerns, unfortunately we have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send us a direct message with your account information and we will be happy to reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Three years ago, we entered into a security service agreement with Moni/Brinks for five years with a set Total Monthly Fee. The contract says specifically in paragraph 3 of the agreement, "The company may not increase the Total Monthly Fee during the initial term if the initial term of this agreement is 60 months..." In May of 2017, the rate changed and kept changing with the current rate being well above the contract agreement. In addition, Brinks is charging a cost recovery fee. As stated on their website, "This fee recovers costs incurred in the provision and maintenance of hardware, firmware and software to connect customer’s homes and businesses security systems to alarm monitoring networks, including costs for the replacement of customer premises security system radio equipment utilizing legacy cellular networks."

There was never any notice of rates increasing or passing off the expense of maintaining or replacing of equipment in the form of a new fee. You intentionally breach our contract with increasing the "Total Monthly fee" and adding fees that are in violation of the contract. I never agreed to paying a cost recovery fee. The fees I agreed to pay are listed in the contract. I recently contacted your customer service and complained about the breach of contract. I requested cancellation of service. I was told,"no," at the time.

You have failed to address this breach of contract. A "Goodwill Credit," does not properly address an intentional and continued breach of contract. I am very disappointed that a company with such a rich history would simply whitewash such an injustice. Is this what the legacy of Brinks has come to? Taking advantage of the American people?

You have failed to uphold your end of the contract. Cancel my service and impose no additional fees what so ever. I did not choose to do business with Brinks. You purchased the company I entered into this agreement with. The manner that you choose to deal with our situation will dictate whether or not I do business with you in the future and how loud as a disabled war veteran, I raise my voice about this injustice. Please do the right thing, correct your business practices, and cancel my service.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Blayden, Please know that we never mean to cause any frustration when assisting customers. We are sorry to hear that there may be some billing issues, allow us to look into this matter and resolve your concerns. I have located your account with us and i will be sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I signed on with another company and just recently was informed that Brinks bought out the company; therefore, I do not have a lot of time to evaluate. I did call a few times and was pleased with the customer service.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Judy, even though you are a brand new customer we will enjoy every moment of being your trusted security provider. Customer satisfaction is a must here at Brinks so please let us know if there is anything can do to help. -Jacob B

Brinks Home Security™ expert review by Erin Raub

Formerly MONI Security, Brinks offers 3 security packages with free equipment and DIY installation. Prices start at $34.95 a month, with 36-60 month contracts for home automation and security with a lifetime warranty.

• Brinks home security systems: Choose from two systems: Home Complete with monitoring for $39/month and Home Complete with Video and monitoring for $49/month.

• 90-day trial: Try your Brinks home security system for 90 days before deciding whether or not it’s right for you.

• Add-on items: Add-on home automation equipment, security cameras and sensors like smoke and flood detectors.

• Backup power sources & monitoring: Redundancy is the name of the game: two power sources ensure you never lose security coverage, and multiple monitoring channels­–Internet, phone line and cellular–guarantee your system is always connected to the monitoring station.

• Easy to move: These DIY systems are easy to take with you when you move into a new home. Let Brinks know when you’ve made the move. You’ll pay the same rate per month unless you add on additional features.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Brinks Home Security™ Company Information