Call now
3.99/5
Based on 603 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call now

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With more than 1 million residential and commercial customers nationwide, MONI is one of the nation’s leading home security and home automation providers, recognized by J.D. Power as “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Security Systems” for 2016.

The company’s Alarm Response Center is on duty 24/7/365. MONI’s patented ASAPer technology provides our fastest alarm resolution ever. Traditional methods can take as long as five minutes, while ASAPer can cut that time to as little as 30 seconds.

MONI offers robust security and smart-home packages powered by Alarm.com and Honeywell that include remote smartphone control of security, video cameras, locks, lights, thermostat, garage door, medical monitoring and other household devices.

* MONI Smart Security (formerly Monitronics) received the highest numerical score among 6 brands in the J.D. Power 2016 Home Security Satisfaction Report, based on 2,282 total responses, measuring the opinions of customers who purchased a home security system in the previous 12 months, surveyed August-September 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com

MONI Gallery (2)
Consumers Choice Award Winner
A+BBB Rating
Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Security Systems J.D. Power
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 17, 2018

2103 MONI Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Moved from my house and "stopped service" at end of October. I have moved before and stopped service from another house, I do like Moni service and was considering asking my new live in partner if he wanted security service. Moni is still billing me on service on a house I don't own. I have refused to pay after calls from their customer service and they even have the documentation of my call telling them I was moving. They need to make this right by stopping the service and crediting the account, perhaps I will think about a future service if they can make the customer happy.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I want to start by saying I've used this company for about 2 years- the equipment they use is bulky and large which I personally dislike however I have had no big issues with them. Until about 6 months ago we decided to move and build a new home. Since new homes take time to build we got a rental property for the 6 months until completion (Obviously you can't install an alarm system in a rental). I asked if I could place my account on hold for 6 months. We were told no and have been paying the normal monthly fee without even having the equipment.

When we moved out of our home we called to let the company know so we could have the equipment removed. We were told to leave the equipment with the home, that it cannot be moved. Today I call to reset up service as our new home is ready. I'm told I have to pay 1,465 to reconnect. They tell me they come out and remove the systems when their customers move. I was told to leave it and now I have to pay all over again, while I've been continuing to pay the bills without service. The least they could do would be re-install at no cost. Since I'm only in this situation because an employee failed to properly help a customer and gave false information.

MONI Security response

Tara, We understand that circumstances may change and we want to make sure we are able to accommodate your needs and apologize that we have not done so. I have located your account with us and would like to speak with you regarding this matter further. I will begin my research and contact you directly once my research is completed. -Theresa T.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Moni never did install all the equipment they promised. The technician was out of parts and repeated calls never accomplished anything. Camera quit working after a week and they just kept making me spend hours on phone with tech support restarting the server and scratching their heads and telling me it should work. Never would send some one to just fix it or replace it.

Now that I have sold the house and the new owner removed it, I called to cancel and was told I could not. Unless I paid out the next four years for a total of over 4000 dollars. I have asked repeatedly to send me a copy of the contract for which I never received a hard copy. Three different employees promised to, but I have never received it. So now I have to pay them for a total lack of service for the next four years... I guess the C.E.O. Mr. Jeffery R. Gardner just needs his gold plated toilet paper or something.

MONI Security response

Dave, I am at a loss for words in regards to the experience you have described, as this is the complete opposite of what MONI stands for. Our main priority is to ensure we provide you with peace of mind, and I apologize if we have let you down in any way. I have located your account with us and would like the opportunity to look into this matter further, and contact you once my research has been completed. -Theresa T.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I completed my 36 month contract and was on a month to month. Tried to get information on an upgrade and got passed around from one voicemail to the next - tried calling back, left messages - no response. They would rather charge an increased monthly rate apparently. Shopped for another system and tried to get Moni service stopped. Moni service was still working when I had a water heater fail and the control box with the power etc had to be removed as the walls were taken down to the stud. NEVER ONCE was there an attempt to contact me to determine if there was a problem - they used to call me if the battery was low, or a door was ajar or a smoke alarm was alerting (which when I got back to the house it was not)... but the entire system goes down and no call?

This company is a joke. I have emailed and spent time on the phone with TWO supposed Account Managers that are clearly in a room with phone banks because there is so much background chatter - each explained to me why HE is the only manager for MY account. The first person I talked to refused to acknowledge I was done with Monitronics/Moni (their new name) and continued to tell me about upgrades. After almost 5 minutes he said well if you insist on cancelling you will have to hold - put me on hold with music, did not return for over a minute so I hung up.

I called back to cancel again, and was informed by a professionally belligerent man that HE was MY Account Manager and he had been doing this for years and this is the way it is. There IS no one else to talk to and my service will NOT be cancelled (even though it is not working and no one has provided calls or fulfilled the Monitronics obligation), the cancellation will not be put into effect until AFTER they send me the paperwork electronically and AFTER I sign it and send it back, it may take a 24-48 hours before they enter that they have received the cancellation request back and ONCE THEY enter that in their database, then it will be another 30 days of charges...

For a system that is not plugged in and not working and they maintain control of when they send the paperwork. What a scam and way to pull in extra money... INEXCUSABLE. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. THE SERVICE SUCKS AND THE RESPONSE TIME IS NON-EXISTENT... they were decent back in 2014 - but service has gone downhill terribly.

MONI Security response

Karen, Reading your recent experience with us while calling in to terminate your service with us has me very shocked, as this is the complete opposite of the type of customer service we aim to provide to our customers. I would like to apologize to you that your request has taken longer than expected to be resolved; therefore, I would love to speak with you to discuss this matter further. I have found your account with us and I will contact you discuss this matter further. -Theresa T.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Had Monitronics as our alarm monitoring for over 4 years. Average service, nothing to write home about. Sold our house and after everything was final had to jump through hoops to actually cancel. Cancelled on December 11th, (they say 12th). Moved out on December 26th but asked to continue service until December 31st for new owners. Received an invoice charging us past the December 31st date. Called and they stated that we will be billed 30 days past the date of cancellation. Now I have to pay for what? They aren't monitoring the alarm in a house I no longer live in. If I ever need alarm monitoring again, it won't be with Monitronics. Desperate money grab. Pathetic business practice.

MONI Security response

Karen, Your feedback is invaluable to us and I regret that you have not had a customer service experience on the level that we expect our customers to have. I was able to locate your account and I will reach out to you soon to resolve any concerns you may have. -Theresa T.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MONI?

Customer increased Rating by 3 stars! Resolution In Progress
Resolution response: Feb. 14, 2018

Moni contacted me promptly and cleared up the issue with reassurance of the cancellation being processed. I appreciated the service Theresa provided and glad to resolve this on a positive note.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I’m getting the runaround as well as others on this thread and am so upset. I’ve fulfilled my contract and have attempted to contact Moni on two occasions both stating they would send an email to cancel but it never comes. After trying to save me from canceling my service which I politely declined the customer service rep was rude and ended the call. I want them to fulfill their end as I’ve done so with mine. I feel that their practices are unethical and needs attention ASAP.

MONI Security response

Jennifer, Honestly we never want to lose any of our customer, but we would never intentionally cause the process to be prolonged as we wouldn't want you to leave us on a bad note. I have found your account with us and will be sure to contact you directly to discuss this matter further. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

We wanted a home security system, and we were contacted by MONI several years ago. We've had the system at least five years now and we're pleased with it. All the problems and questions we’ve had, they’ve always been helpful and they've met all of our needs. We've never had an emergency, but I appreciate that they text and call us right away whenever there’s anything going on. We have the motion sensor, but a lot of times, we leave it off because we have pets and they can jump on counters so that doesn’t work for us. Recently, we got a new box installed as we wanted something more current, and that went very well. It only took a few minutes and the tech did an excellent job.

We had to call MONI because we were paying close to $50 and it kept going up and up. Then, we noticed that ADT and some of the other companies had really inexpensive service. I called MONI to find out what they could do to lower their service, and they brought their price down to something more competitive. Overall the system is very good. It is worth it for us to stick with them rather than to switch with someone else, since we have them in place already.

MONI Security response

Joyce, We are dedicated to delivering our customers with a sense of security for a price that anyone can afford, as you can never put a price on safety. If there is anything else that we can help you with in the future, please do not hesitate to give us a call. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

An alarm system is good for your home and that's why we got MONI. We’re in and out so we need the alarm. The installation process was good. I make sure that the alarm is on when I leave and it’s on when I come back. And every now and then, I test it by walking around in the house without turning the alarm off. We also alert our neighbors that we have an alarm system, so if it goes off and we’re not here, they’ll call the police.

MONI Security response

Connie, It brings me GREAT joy to see that you and your husband are able to have a peace of mind with knowing that MONI with always be here for you no matter what! Thank you for being apart of the MONI family, as we are so honored that you chose MONI to monitor you and your family! -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I've had MONI for four years now but I've had them before too. When there was an issue with the system, I talked to them and they resolved it. I'm happy with them and I've referred a couple of people to them too.

MONI Security response

Adam, Thank you for choosing MONI to secure you and your home, let us know if there is anything else we may be able to assist you with. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We're very happy with the MONI security. It works great. I started out with this company a long time ago. I think it might've been some other name but it has always held up good and done its job for the better so we've just stuck with it. Their customer service is perfect. I have called a few problems. I've made a mistake and called the wrong number and I called them back to tell them. And sometimes the speakers would go down. I have to call to see how to maintain that. They've always helped me and been able to solve the problem to my satisfaction. Plus they're very professional.

They could've done any better. They did everything they could. They get there when they said they were supposed to. Their technicians are very professional, done their job and fast and was out of there. I am very satisfied with it. I always feel safer when I lay down at night and when we go away. I feel like we're monitored. We can watch it at home. Their features are great -- the improvement with putting in your iPhone and in your iPads and stuff helps tremendously. If you're away and you forgot you can turn it on or turn it off.

MONI Security response

Roscoe, We thank you for taking the time to share how pleased you are with the service we provide. We love our customers and it means the world to us to know that we are doing our job correctly. Thank you for being a valued customer! -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We sold and vacated our home in TX on July 1, 2017. I had notified Monitronics that we were moving. They suggested suspending service until we moved to our new home. When we got a consult over the phone at our new home we told them we did not want their service and to cancel. They did not cancel but continued to draft our bank account. I called multiple times and always got the runaround for trying to cancel our account as they never sent the "special" cancellation form they said they required to cancel. I finally sent a certified letter which they received. They stopped drafting our account and started billing us as well as continuing to send us notices about alarms going off at our previous home.

Obviously they failed to cancel the service at the home we sold and continued to draft our account and bill us. They have done everything they could do prevent canceling our service and keep stealing money from us. Now, since we are not paying the bills they are sending, we are concerned that they might turn us over to collections and hurt our credit. This is a highly disreputable and unethical company. Very concerning since they are a "security" company, but your funds are not secure from their illegal drafts. They will erect multiple barriers against doing the right and ethical thing by their customer.

MONI Security response

Laurie, We know that your circumstances may change and we want to be there for our customers, and be sure to offer all of the options we have available to suit your needs. With that being said, I would like to apologize that we were not able to assist you to the best of our capabilities with this situation. I have found your account with us and I will be sure to contact you directly to discuss this matter further. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

We signed a 2 yr contract with this company over seven years ago, we've tried repeatedly to cancel the contract after seeing the home. We've sent in written cancellation multiple times and they never seem to receive it, however they still charge it bank account every month. DISHONEST COMPANY THAT REFUSES WRITTEN CANCELLATION REQUESTS.

MONI Security response

John, We NEVER want any of our customers to leave us, but we especially would NEVER want you to leave us on a negative note. With that being said, I have located your account with us and will be glad to contact you to discuss your concerns further. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

MONI took over my alarm contract, not long after my equipment started malfunctioning. No one at MONI could fix the issues. Now they won’t let me out of my contract... MONI says I owe them for 9 months of service for monitoring a system that does NOT work.

MONI Security response

Micheal, We would never want any of our current customers nor future customers to feel the way you feel after contacting us for service. We always want your interaction with us to be welcoming, and we want nothing more than to assist you with any request you may have, and I apologize if we have not done so in this case. I have found your account with us and see that you have spoken with an analyst from our Executive Team and they have been able to resolve this matter for you. If there is anything else that we can assist you with, please give us a call back. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Somebody else that I knew had MONI and so I got them as well. I have a few things going on now but every time I call MONI, they would try to walk me through them but it didn't work all the time. Also, they don’t never send nobody out so I quit calling. They didn’t work very well so I'd put things together myself at home. They ain’t that bad, but I wouldn’t recommend them.

MONI Security response

Helen, am saddened to see that your overall experience with MONI was not at all as you imagined, especially when reaching out to MONI for assistance. I have found your account with us and will be sure to reach out to you to discuss this matter further, and ensure that this matter is addressed immediately. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

A home security system makes me feel secure and I love the MONI system. It's an updated system that's easy to use. We'd love a new system, but we had them for a while. We had ADT, but I've been dissatisfied with them. I liked the panel that MONI offered. It's more like a computer. It's large enough where I can see it. The other one didn't have enough features on it and it has a small print. The MONI system was also easy to install, and they were easy to work with. They were efficient in getting everything done quickly. They looked at what we had previously. They were able to accommodate the things that we didn't have in the previous system. They were able to change some of their add ons based on what I already had. The installation team was also professional. They did a very good job in installing everything. They knew what they were talking about and were very knowledgeable about the product.

I've had to call them one time, and they were very easy and helpful. They answered all my questions. I've not had any difficulties in discussing and getting anything resolved. I enjoyed their service. I've had many situations while I was baking a pie. That alarm is really loud and it definitely knows when something is going off, when there's smoke or anything. It's very efficient. I have seen the new panel and I would like to have it, too.

MONI Security response

Pamela, We know that every moment matters, which is why we are dedicated to assuring that we provide our customers with all the options that will benefit you in a time of need. I am so glad that you have had such a wonderful experience with us! -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My neighbor has MONI across the street and he talked so highly of them. I took his word, gave them a call, and I’m glad I did. They're very good people and they checked up on me regularly. I used to have ADT but to them, I was just a number. MONI's installation man explained every little detail to where I knew exactly what to do after he left and in case the system went out. He was very thorough. We have the equipment for in case somebody breaks the window and when I dropped something accidentally in the kitchen, it went off like somebody was breaking the glass. So, that’s a plus and I was very pleased. I love my MONI. I work two jobs and I know that if something was to happen, they would call me right away. Even if I’m at home, I’m at ease. On each side of my house, there’s a cop and a sheriff, and across the street, there’s a DPS. So I’m surrounded by security all the time.

MONI Security response

Rosalinda, We are dedicated to our customers and ensuring that when you are home, or away that you can rely on us to have your back and be an extra set of eyes when you can't be there! Please know that we LOVE our customers and want to provide you with peace of mind and if there is anything that we may be able to assist you with, please give us a call. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

The salesman from MONI showed up within a week of when we moved in. We were new to the neighborhood and he showed us a few different options of what we could go with. Knowing what some of the other security companies were, we thought this would be the best value. The salesman was really nice. He explained everything right up front. I had a couple of other questions that I did have for him at the time and he was right up there with an upfront answer about it. He didn’t try to sugarcoat anything or hide anything. It was, “This is what we got” and “This is what it does.” It’s the kind of service you can expect out of it. There was nothing that we found out later on that was a surprise that we were not prepared for.

The installer was really nice. He explained things very clearly as far as what would be the best place for the placement. There was a couple of little things that we had to touch up after he got done as far as running the wiring. There was nothing more than a little bit of caulk and some touchup paint and in five minutes, it was done.

I’ve got two large dogs and a couple of times they would get in to the den and they get barking at something going down the street and set the glass break alarms off in the den. The customer service reps were very nice, very friendly and let me know what was going on. Everything is tied in on the phone and on my internet too so my text messages started blowing up, letting me know what was going on before anybody called. They were always nice, always very pleasant. A couple of them that I talked to also had large dogs that would do the same thing with their alarm system. They’re the ones that I actually had security come by and take a look at things, make sure that nothing was out of the ordinary.

MONI has put my mind a little bit at ease with as far as not really having to worry about anything. There was one instance when I went out and shut the sprinkler system off. I came back. I forgot to lock the front door and a little while later I heard the alarm system say, “Front door open” when I knew it was closed. So it’s entirely possible somebody may have tried to enter the house where I might not have gotten it shut tight and it popped open. But it made me feel a little bit more secure knowing that the system reacted that quickly.

Everything has been positive and upfront and out in the open. Not having to have somebody feel that they needed to argue with you on something. It was, “This is what’s going on” and “Do you want us to do this,” or “Can we do this?” Any kind of interaction has always been straightforward. When you would ask a question, first they’d answer the question and then they would suggest what they may do if they were in your situation.

MONI Security response

Rhett, Your review is the epitome of the type of feedback we yearn to receive from all our customers, as your satisfaction is our number one target that we aim to hit every time you are in contact with us! We are so very exciting to hear that you have chosen MONI for your home protection, and we thank you for that, and we are very glad to have you with us. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

We've been with Moni for 1 year. Customer service is not good. Every time there's a problem, they don't want to know you. Missing a sensor on slider door, they sent me one in the mail. Sent the incorrect one. I feel like I'm paying for a service, so I want some service. Waiting for service to come and install the correct one. Waiting 2 weeks with no security on the back slider. This is not the only problem. There have been others in the past. Stuck in a 5-year contract. How I wish we did more checking before we signed up with Moni. Check others before you sign up with Moni.

MONI Security response

Diane, I am very concerned to hear that you have been with us with us for such a short amount of time and feels this way towards us. We would never want to cause our customers any dissatisfaction, especially when it comes to their security. I have found your account with us and will be sure to contact your directly to discuss this matter further. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

We had ADT here but I thought MONI was a better system. They came, changed all the equipment and put theirs in. I've ordered new signs for my yard a while back and they said the signs would be here within a week or 10 days. But I ordered them a week ago for the third time and they still haven't come. Otherwise, everything has been fine. The system is good and we like it. We've had MONI for five years now and I would recommend them to anyone.

MONI Security response

James, We are just as committed to our customers as they are to us, and will do everything in our power to ensure that you feel safe and secure in your home. Thank you for sharing this wonderful review with us! -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I went with Moni Home Security for safety reason, and we’ve been with them for so many years. Customer service is the ones I speak with when there is an issue, and our experience with them has been positive. I have been pleased with their service when they came to my house and they showed up on time. When it goes off I know I need to check on something.

MONI Security response

Sharon, We are so ecstatic to know that you are enjoying the services in which we have provided and we aim to make each and every experience just as how you have described. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I wanted a medical monitoring and the cost that MONI was advertising was the same as what I had paid for medical monitoring and it had the home system monitoring with it. The guy who came to install the alarm system was very professional, courteous, and did the job quickly. He was very good at his job. And while I haven't really used the alarm system, it has a storm system alarm that would go off in the middle of the night, which I don't really like. But, MONI said there's no way to stop it.

I tried using the medical device and it kept going off when I was sleeping. MONI would call me then to see if I was having a problem. And so, I stopped wearing my medical device. I called about the medical monitoring to see if they had a different device that wouldn't go off so easily, and MONI's customer service reps were very friendly and they tried to be helpful. I’ve been paying for MONI for almost three years, and I'm going to be stopping my contract because I’m going to be leaving. If others could find someone that had a shorter contract, it might be better. But as far as MONI's services, they're very good.

MONI Security response

Sandra, I am saddened to hear that you may be leaving us, as we wouldn't want to lose such a valued customer as yourself. With that being said, I would like to contact you to discuss this matter further and see what we may be able to address your concerns. I have located your account and will contact you directly. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I would recommend MONI to anyone. The salesperson who came up explained everything well and was friendly. Everybody's been polite and good to deal with. The installation also went well. There was a security system in this house but it didn't have any door sensors in it, so they added and updated it. I like the cellphone aspect of the system. I can arm it and disarm it whether I'm home or not. If my kids come home from school or whatever, I can control it even if I'm not here. We have a lot of power outages here, and I like that I'm notified wherever I am when the power goes out and when it comes back on.

However, being that I live in a really small community, it feels like the cost is pretty expensive. It's not so much of the theft and break-ins and that sort of thing that we have to deal with in the city. So, to have a peace of mind, if it was $35-$40 a month, we'd all be happier with that than over the $56. But it also affects my health insurance with a discount, so it's kind of six of one and half a dozen of the other.

MONI Security response

Rhonda, It puts a smile on my face to know that we are able to satisfy our customers with the level of service we provide. In regards to your concerns with the monthly rate, we try to offer our customers a reasonable rate based on the amount of equipment and service being delivered. I have found your account and will be contacting you, as I would love the opportunity to speak you more in depth regarding this matter. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I had ADT before and I was no longer on their contract. That was year to year and it was getting a little pricey. I had some cameras installed in my house and the guy did the work had a friend who installs and works for MONI. I thought I could get the service cheaper by five bucks a month. I went ahead and did the switch but unfortunately, it put me on another three-year contract. The price has gone up too from when I first signed on. It’s going up a few bucks a month. But I’m on a contract so I’m stuck until 2019.

That aside, the installers didn’t have to completely take down all the connections, the little hooks that are attached to my existing doors and windows. They didn’t have to rewire much too other than the control box. It was easy because MONI got a new customer but as far as equipment, all they really needed was the box, like the battery and the control panel. Everything else was already there like all the pre-wiring and the motion sensor.

Overall, my sense of security comes with the camera system where I can see if there’s anybody in my yard or at my door. I feel secure if I’m away from my home like on a trip. When called MONI to troubleshoot some kind of problem and I needed to know what to do to get it back on track, they had a good customer service team. The rep helped me resolved the issue and was polite and nice.

MONI Security response

Sylvia, You recently provided us with some invaluable comments about your experience with MONI. We wanted to let you know that it is our mission to improve on all aspects of our business, so that we can continue to ensure our customers are being provided with first class service. If there is anything else that we could have done to increase your overall experience, please don’t hesitate to let us know or contact us at 888.758.5900. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

My home security system is about three years old, and I just changed my plan. I called because I’ve been running into a lot of programs that were cheaper but after I get to look at it, they were not really cheaper. They sucker you in with the cheaper rates for right now. But then it jacks and backs up in a year. I just stayed where I’m at with MONI, and we cut the monthly cost down for about 10 bucks. Right now, I’m paying $52.98 a month. They answered all my questions and did what I needed. The particular individual I talked to was very relaxed. They were professional and courteous. They knew the answers and didn’t have to hunt for answers. They knew what they were doing.

My MONI system works. I have more peace of mind when I’m out of town ‘cause I tend to go and come, and come and go. I have no problems with it. I’ve had one incident where the police showed up. I was in New Mexico in the hospital and a couple of my friends came by to feed the dogs and I neglected to tell them. It was about seven minutes before the police showed up which to me is not bad at all.

MONI Security response

Stan, We always want to stay competitive with our rates and ensure that we are providing our customers the best offers that suits your security needs, and I am so happy that we were able to do just that! Here at MONI our goal is to assist our customers and be able to provide this same type of experience to you all each and every time that you contact us. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I have adequate features in my MONI system but I'd like to have the keyless entrance to my door and/or the doorbell with the camera. I got the system for security purposes but I have purchased more batteries to replace than anything else. The quality without paying for batteries is adequate but I'm not impressed. I also can't get the smartphone feature to work. About two years ago, my contract ran out and I had a re-install of service with MONI. The technicians were okay and I didn't have any problems with them. Their customer service that I've had interactions with have answered my questions too. MONI is within the feasible amount but I'd tell others to do their homework, check around and compare services.

MONI Security response

Priscilla, We are proud that you chose MONI for your security provider, but it seems that we may need to have a technician come out and service your system as I see you have some concerns regarding your system. I have found your account with us and will be sure to contact you to discuss this matter further to, so that we can get your system back up and running to your satisfaction. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

MONI came to the door and did a demonstration for my husband, and he was for it right away. It came in handy quite a bit, and it's more security for me now that I'm by myself. I've talked to customer service quite a few times to make my payments and to get a battery. They knew what they were talking about and told us exactly what to do, and it helped a lot. I have felt comfortable with them and they’ve always been very quick in answering questions. I’m glad we have it.

MONI Security response

Delores, MONI has the fastest response time in the industry and we intend to keep it that way, as we know how every moment matters to you. We know how important your safety of you and your home is, and we want you to know that you can depend on us to be there for you no matter what the case is! -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

On 1/28/2016 we signed up for a security system with Monitronics now Moni. Our contract was for 2 years which would be expiring 1/28/2018. We called to cancel our contract today 2/1/18 and were told that we signed a 5 years contract. They have not supplied us to date with a signed agreement which was for 2 years. I asked for them to email me the contract we signed and said they need to 72 hours to do that. Never got a copy of the original contract. I have been in business for many years but have seen anything so dishonest and fraudulent. We should be able to cancel a contract that had a 2 year agreement. This company needs to be investigated.

MONI Security response

William, Please know that we would never want to make terminating your account a difficult task, especially when it comes to assist our customers with any requests they may have. I have found your account with us and would be more than happy to contact you to discuss your contract concerns. -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

MONI is an excellent home security system and one wouldn't have any trouble with their people and with the system. One doesn’t get a whole lot of hassle when they would call and MONI gets on the job immediately. I've had MONI for so long and I've always used it. I'm in love with it and I don’t fix it if it's not broken. It's always okay and so I didn’t have any reason to change. The customer service representative has called me once or twice to say that something has happened to the system so she'd send somebody out. The technician came and she's very nice and pleasant. She took care of the problem and it was fine. At that time my system went down because I've had it for a certain amount of time and my bill went down, too. Other than that, the system serves the purpose and somebody comes straight on out whenever anything happens. I've also referred MONI to quite a few people.

MONI Security response

Anne, It means everything to us to know that we have made you feel as safe and secure as you have defined! I am so appreciative to see how helpful the security system is to you and we thank you for taking the time to express your opinions, and how the service makes you feel overall! -Theresa T.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I had a home security system before but MONI offered a better deal. But I had a situation where I was very displeased with the service in terms of the contract. When the final papers were drawn up, it was late in the afternoon and the installer handed me the bill which was on his phone and he wanted me to sign the cobtract. After a few clarifications on the phone, I signed it. But the installer or the person who was authorized to use the service was very slick. After I had made my initial payment of $54, he, later on, went back to the bank and changed the deals that we had on the contract that was drawn up by him. I’m disappointed that he upped my payment to $58 and he said it was because of taxes but that was not what he showed me on the contract that we had. I went to the bank but they said they closed the deal. At some point, I'm going to call MONI about that. I’m dissatisfied.

MONI Security response

Franklin, We wouldn't ever want to provide you with a quote and then not follow through with any promises we have made to you, as we always want to ensure you are receiving exemplary service from us. I have found your account and will be more than happy to reach out to you and discuss this matter further and get this issue resolved for you quickly. -Theresa T.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I cancelled my service and they still billed me for another month. I called to check on my account and was told I had a 30 day waiting period to cancel my service and still required to pay. Their company is not worth my anger. If you need my money that bad to make me pay another month for someone to press a button, you can have it! I will never call for service from you again, my camera's broke prior to me calling to cancel.

MONI Security response

Eloise, It is very upsetting to know that your cancellation experience hasn't been a positive one. We are dedicated to ensuring that we assist our customers with any concerns that you may have with your account. I have located your account with us and will be sure to contact you in an attempt to resolve this matter amicably. -Theresa T.

MONI expert review by Erin Raub

Founded in Texas in 1994, MONI Security is now one of the largest home security companies in the United States. Authorized dealers are located in all 50 states, offering easily customized, tech-savvy alarm systems at mid-range cost. The company, a subsidiary of Ascent Capital Group, serves over a million residential and business consumers.

• Customized equipment: MONI Security offers many equipment brands in different price ranges. The company's offerings are comprehensive, extending beyond basic security to home lighting control, keypad door locks and remote-access thermostats. Product availability varies by location.

• HomeTouch automation: MONI Security remote home security allows you to perform an array of tasks via computer, smartphone or tablet: arm/disarm your system, tweak your thermostat, lock your doors and even check your appliances from afar.

• Backup power sources & monitoring: Redundancy is the name of the game: two power sources ensure you never lose security coverage, and multiple monitoring channels ­– Internet, phone line, and cellular – guarantee your system is always connected to the monitoring station.

• Specials: MONI regularly offers specials for new customers. You can visit the company’s website or contact a local dealer to learn about current specials and discounts.

• Equipment: MONI Security device selection differs from its competitors. Before making a commitment, verify that your local dealer has your desired devices available.

• Best for: Homeowners, tech-savvy shoppers and hands-off consumers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

MONI Security Company Information

mymoni.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use