Consumer Reviews and Complaints

MONI Security

Janne, This is great news! The new MONI is focused on ensuring our customers receive the latest and greatest technology, as we are committed to staying on top of the many changes in the ever-evolving alarm industry. To know that we have accomplished an excellent customer service experience with you, means everything to MONI. Thank you for being a huge part of our MONI family. -Ashley C.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I've been using the services of MONI since about 2013. I've had different security systems before, and MONI is better than the other security service providers. I like their prices better. And now, with MONI's latest technology, their systems are really modern and nice. I've dealt with their customer service reps many times, and they're very nice, and always helpful and solve problems very quickly. I sent the property manager out to meet the installers but during the first time, I had a technician that was a dealer for MONI, and he was wonderful. The MONI guys should just keep doing what they're doing. One thing I really appreciate is that people answer on the phone, which is very important. When you call MONI, it doesn't take half an hour waiting on the phone.

MONI Security

Lorraine, It means the world to us to know that we are able to satisfy your security needs. We know that every moment matters, which is why we strive to deliver the fastest response time to our customers. We thank you for choosing MONI, and appreciate that you would recommend us to others. -Ashley C.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

MONI happened to be in the neighborhood at the time, and I listened to the benefits and everything that they offered. Their prices were a little cheaper than the one I already had so I switched. I feel safer knowing that I have the security on my house. If the alarm happened to go off for any reason, the telephone rang to make sure everything was okay. I appreciate that and would definitely recommend them.

I had ADT before but they never did an upgrade. They never changed out the original system that I had. Then Monitronics called and offered upgrades so I went with them. Their customer service reps were very nice. A couple of times, I forgot I had set the alarm and opened the door. The alarm went off and they called quickly. My experience with MONI has been excellent.

MONI Security

Ramon, As much as it hurts to see a valued customer leave, we never intend to have any of our customers experience anything negative. I would like to apologize for any frustration this matter may have caused. In reviewing your account, I show that the email has been sent to the AOL email address you provided us, as requested. To ensure that this matter is resolved and your request is processed, I will contact you directly. -Ashley C.

Original review: March 23, 2017

I enjoy reading reviews of companies before doing business with them and felt compelled to write about my experience with Monitronics. It all began about 5 years ago. I was renting a place and had filed a claim with my renter's insurance company for theft. A gentleman stopped by the house and offered to sell an alarm system which considering what had just happened, seem like a good idea at the time. We were in the process of moving at the time and agreed to have the alarm system connected at our new home. The system was installed, we went over some paperwork (was never told this was a 5 year contract that could not be canceled). Three years later we are selling the house and moving into an apartment and decide to contact the alarm company who was Vanguard at the time to let them know that we are no longer in need of the alarm system and would like to cancel the service.

We are told that it would not be a problem but that we should call back in about a month which would make it exactly 3 years of service (the tech mentioned that he would not be able to collect his commission unless the account was active for at least 3 years). We felt bad for this person and agreed to call back a month later to cancel the service. Now comes the best part, we called the next month to cancel and find out that the account or company has now been sold to Monitronics and guess what, they have no records that Vanguard had agreed to cancel our service after 3 years. We ask for a supervisor and explain our situation and nothing gets resolved. We are now stuck with this alarm system we no longer need and ask Monitronics to transfer the service to the apartment we were renting.

It gets better. The technician came to install the existing equipment from the old house and now the system needs to be upgraded and Monitronics wants for us to pay for the upgrade. At this point we are feed up with this company but still continue paying their monthly fee even though we are not using the service. Fast forward to 2 years later, we are now at the 5 years mark since the initial installation. I called Monitronics to let them know that I have not used the system in 2 years and would like to finally cancel the service.

I get transferred to the move department where I spoke to a gentleman by the name of Jerome ID #**. After a lot of back and forth with him trying to convince me to keep the service, he tells when that he is going to email me a notice of cancellation via DocuSign and that once this document is signed the contract will be terminated. This was on March 10. I called again to follow up on March 20 and was told the same story, two weeks later and still no email. How are these companies still in business?

MONI Security

Stanley, One of MONI's important aspects is to provide our customers with a reliable and affordable system. Seeing that you would recommend us and are pleased with our system, shows that we are doing our job correctly. Thank you for trusting and choosing MONI as your alarm provider. -Ashley C.

Original review: March 23, 2017

MONI had a pricing special when I signed up with them. I like their service and the options that they provide. I'm pretty happy with MONI and I'd recommend them.

MONI Security

Ernest, I hate to hear that you have not used the alarm system as often and we would have loved you to. Although we hate to see our customers go, we never want to make cancelling your service an unpleasant experience. I am sorry that this was not the case for you. To ensure that this matter is addressed accordingly, I will be researching your account and following up with you directly, once completed. -Ashley C.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I called in Nov 2016 to cancel our service of 5 years. Of this 5 year span we used the alarm maybe 4 times (roughly 1 month worth of time). So basically we paid $50/month for 5 years, Moni made their money back on the cost of the system in one year, so for 4 years they made $2400 off of us for nothing. Someone there can see how often we activate our alarm, despite the comments that they "can't see that". I used to work at an alarm monitoring company and I know this can be seen.

So I called to cancel in November and even sent a cancellation letter as proof that we just don't need the service and it's required to cancel anyway. We got a call from the "win back" department and the lady told me after an hour of talking (she wouldn't take no for an answer), that she'll give me 30 days to think about it and if we decide to keep the alarm to call back on 12/5/16 to confirm that we'll keep it. So, I DID NOT call back because we were serious about not keeping it. I thought it was a done deal!

End of January 2017, we received a bill for a discounted amount of $36/month. I was like, what are you morons doing down there? Is this company name really pronounced "Money"? Because we are getting billed for something I assumed we cancelled 2 months prior. February rolls around, another bill...now totaling $109.83. I am furious at this point. I needed to calm my nerves and then call them because some unsuspecting CS Rep was going to get an ear-full. I spoke to someone whom transferred me to two other people, yep you guessed it the "win back" department. After a lengthy discussion I was told by some rude guy that they'll "investigate" the call and call me back in 24-48 hours. Really!

72 hours pass and I get a call on my work voicemail from Moni (Money), "please call us back" with a number. I call at 9 am CST (7 am my time) and the person that answers says I owe $109 and how would I like to pay? I told her she might as well upgrade my call to the WB dept which she does and supplies a phone number in case we get disconnected (which by this time I thought would happen, in the notes it probably would say "hang up on this guy, he wants to cancel and WE WONT LET HIM."

I spoke to "R" (won't say her name) and she listened to me, insisted I owe $109...I told her, "NO, I don't. I cancelled a while ago"...yada yada yada! She says "we'll do you a favor and cut it in half $54." I said, "do me a favor and zero out my account." I even said "please and that this would be GREATLY appreciated." I even went as far as to say, "I know you are getting the tail end of this fiasco and I apologize that you have to start your day with an unhappy customer but I insist that it needs to stop." After being on hold for a minute she came back on and said, "ok sir, your account is zero'd out." FINALLY!!! I asked her to repeat for the sake of a recorded call the amount they say I owed and that I now owe nothing, to which she obliged.

This would have been much easier if Moni would have just listened to the customer. I wasn't unhappy at first and I would not have left a negative review had they just taken NO for an answer. After all the run around, the calls at work and at home when I want to relax, the rude reps (not all)...I am just glad it's over. Now I need to keep an eye on my credit to make sure this doesn't go to collections...your disclaimer says "calls may be recorded"....I wrote down who I talked to and what she said and I have proof from 11/16 regarding cancellation. Moni better do me right and stop billing me, leave me alone and move on.

Christine,

It is very upsetting seeing the dissatisfaction that you have towards MONI. I have located your account with us and see that you have spoken with an Analyst from our Executive Team and she has addressed and also resolved your concerns. If there is anything further that we would be able to assist you with. Please do not hesitate to give us a call. - Theresa T.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I have completed my 5 year contract and have found it impossible to cancel my account. I have done everything they have asked of me and they have not sent the proper docusign document so they can officially cancel the service. I have verified my email over 5 calls and each time I call back to say I have yet to get the email they read it back with one letter being wrong. We are now going into another billing cycle and they continue to charge me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MONI?

Kim,

I apologize if this situation has occurred you any frustrations. However, I see that your were speaking with one of my colleagues and she has been able to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. If you are need of further assistance, please feel free to give us a call. -Theresa T.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I am very disappointed in this company. We have had their services for almost three years. We weren't told there was a five year contract when we purchased the product. We moved out of state and now they are billing us 150.00 for hook up charges in our new place. Yet again we were not told about this fee. Why should we have to pay to move our system that we are forced to stay in. Not only that moving caused us to have another five years with this horrible company. Stay far away unless you like hidden fees and hidden contract times. Not only that for the price I could get a lot more services that are available from another company.

Louie,

This is the exact replica of what we expect our customers to experience with each and every interaction that you encounter with us! We know that every moment matters, and for that reason we will be here for you and your family no matter what, so that we ensure your home never has to be unprotected. –Theresa T.

Original review: March 21, 2017

We used to have ADT for five years and they never upgraded the equipment. So we changed over to MONI because my friends were saying that they had different keypads. MONI's reps explained what they do and what to expect from them. However, we're having problems with the fire alarm. It was going off and was real sensitive that if we turned the stove on, the sensor went crazy. We'd get calls from the fire department that they're ready to come out. I called that in to MONI and the lady told me that usually that was a sign that the battery was low. But other than that, it's been god. One time we were going out and I didn't notice that I had brought the door almost to a close. Then I went ahead and closed it. It didn't read. We were barely at the corner and MONI right away called and said there's a problem with the backdoor. It was pretty quick. I'd surely recommend them highly.

MONI Security

Carol, We strive to respond to any alarm, even false alarms, within the blink of an eye. We know that every moment matters, so we will always respond to any alarm signals received, unless you have notified us otherwise. We appreciate you taking the time to share your satisfaction with us and for trusting us to deliver your peace of mind. We look forward to many more years with you. -Ashley C.

Original review: March 20, 2017

MONI's customer service has been fine and their security service has been excellent. I have accidentally set off the alarm and they were quick to respond. They're a little expensive compared to the other ones though.

Jordan,
This is MAGNIFICENT news! I am so happy that you are satisfied with the completion of the installation, as we take pride in the service that we provide! It is definitely a pleasure to have you as part of the MONI family!

Theresa T.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I had MONI's security system in the house when I purchased it and when I switched the system under my name, I didn't have any problems at all. Somebody came out to ensure everything was hooked up properly and everything has been good since I've been with them.

Karyl,

I love that you are able to take advantage of the Home Automation features, as it gives you the extra set of eyes that you need to ensure that your home and family are secure. As far as the issues you are experiencing with the cameras, I can be sure to have one of our in house technicians give you a call to discuss a solution to what is going on. –Theresa T.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I never had a security system before, but I have two homes so I needed to be able to watch my home up north when I'm down south. MONI’s great and I am glad I've got it now. I'm appreciating it a ton, except that my camera keeps sending me clips every ten minutes or so. When I watch them, there's nothing. I don't see any movement or anything happening. I've set the little trigger points, have done sensitivity and I've got a bunch of things. My email was just full of little clips and notices from MONI. I’ve called them and we reset things. It's gotten better, but I'm still having the clips taken, but I'll keep working with it. It may be that I need to replace the camera but I don't want to. I've only had it for a year.

Karla,
This is MAGNIFICENT news! I am so eager that we were able to assist you when you needed us, as we will continuously be here for you to ensure that your home is secure at all times.

Theresa T.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I signed up with a company based in Texas that uses MONI. When my alarm stopped working completely, I called customer service and they helped me figure out that it became unplugged. They're good and the fact that there's an alarm is nice.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Jennifer,
It is heart breaking to know that one of our long term customer as yourself is requesting to cancel their account. However, we would never want to make the process seem impossible. I have located you account with us and will reach out to you directly to discuss this matter further.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I have been a customer of Moni since it was Monitronics back in 2013. I was no longer in need of the service so after my 3-year contract was over I called to cancel the service. They kept me on the phone essentially threatening that if I cancelled my alarm service "good luck" if something happened to me. He then told me that I could not cancel over the phone anyways and had to send in something in writing. Why keep me on the phone so long wasting my time then, repeatedly telling me something bad would happen to me if I cancelled? Sadly he wore me down and I eventually gave up.

I tried again today to simply place my account on hold as the alarm system is totally unnecessary with my living situation right now. The man put me on hold, came back and said "sorry can't do that but can give you 15% off your next month bill." Really?! Then he hung up on me. I highly suggest not going with this company unless you want to be stuck forever. I hope to some day successful get rid of this company.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Marie,
It is devastating to see the discontent that you have had while attempting to cancel your account with us. We are dedicated to providing the upmost level service to our customers, and I apologize that we have fell short of your expectations. I have located your account and will reach out to you directly in an attempt to resolve this matter amicably.

Theresa T

Original review: March 16, 2017

Such a nightmare. After having MONI for about 5 years I decided to move to have a lower cost system. I called Monitronics and told them and what date. In the process I was on hold interminably. On installation day I called (again, endless hold) to ensure Monitronics was off and it was not - plus they said they didn't have a cancellation order and that because it was the weekend they couldn't help. Called back on Monday after new security is installed and now it is a long story about some process and how I wouldn't be cancelled for 30-60 days. I told them I am not paying another 2 months just because their call center people don't know what they are doing. Now no matter what I do they say I still owe them and the account is active. Maybe you need a lawyer to cancel with these guys, but at least I can start with the Attorney General's office.

Mark,
We are so honored that you have chosen MONI for your security company, as you could have selected any other company! We strive to deliver our customers with the latest equipment for a price that anyone can afford, and I am glad that we were successful in doing so.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I had ADT for years and the same system at this house for over 12 years. Then, MONI Security called me with a promotional deal. It was a little bit cheaper with a little bit more amenities like the remote arm. I gave ADT the opportunity to match it but they just wanted to charge me more so I went with MONI. Everything's been really good and working fine, so far.

Joseph,
It sounds as though you haven't had a very satisfying experience with terminate your service. Our intentions are to make any experience with our customers a pleasant one, and I apologize if you have had otherwise. I have your account information and will be contacting you to get this issue resolved.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I had been a customer of Monitronics before they changed their name to Moni for 12 years. When I sold my home in Colorado to move to Virginia I canceled my services in November 2016. I have not had their services since then. However, they continue to charge my account every month. I've called 5 times and every time I am assured that my account was cancelled. Again today there is a charge from Moni for $41. I am not using their service because I am now living in an apartment that has a security system built in and is not compatible with Moni. I was told this by the Moni service representative who came to my place. Trying to cancel my account with Moni has proven to be impossible.

Dora,
This is music to my ears! Seeing that we were able to address and also resolve the incident that occurred. Is an example of what we strive to do with each and every time that you are in need of assistance.

Original review: March 15, 2017

We used MONI because of the price. However, I had to contact them because the check didn't go through but they were able to fix it. Their customer service people were also friendly and courteous. I'm also pleased with their service when they came to my house. I'm very satisfied and I've also recommended them to others.

Rick,
I am overjoyed to see that you love your new and improved system! Your family and valuables are what you cherish the most, which is why we will continue to provide the same level of customer service to you all for many years to come! Thank you for being a valuable customer with MONI!

-Theresa T.

Original review: March 14, 2017

MONI Security came and updated my alarm system. I am happy so far if it keeps doing what it's doing. Since installing it, I feel safer because my house was broken into when I had another security provider. In addition, I contacted MONI's customer service because my smoke detector went out and we were getting some alarms. They took care of everything but their tech from Knoxville was a lot better than the ones from Bristol who weren't very smart.

Wanda,
This is very discerning as it is not in line with the direction MONI is moving towards.As we would never want you to think this is how we conduct business. I have located your account and will be reaching out to you to discuss a resolution to this issue.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I signed up with MONI Home Security for $39 a month. Then my husband died and I couldn't afford it. I called to try to get the price lowered and they lowered it a few dollars. They lowered it the second time to $24. It was more doable but I still would like to eliminate the whole thing. Then later on, I called again because they told me they could not cancel it. That's what I really needed, to cancel it. Because when you go from two paychecks to one, you don't have the money. They said there's no way in the world unless I want to pay a big fee, and I can't afford that either. So I was just stuck with it.

The system does work. I leave it off until I'm ready to go to bed, and that's when I turn it on. I feel safer having it on at night. I know one time it came on. I opened the door when it was activated and I forgot how to shut it off. A policeman showed up and they went and charged me $35 for him showing up. I thought that to be able to summon a policeman was part of the service and they waived that fee that time.

Nancy,
I am thankful that you decided on MONI for your alarm monitoring company. Especially since you mentioned the incident that occurred in your home recently with your daughter. I am glad that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most! We know that every moment matters, which is why we will continue to provide this same type of service to you each any every time.

Original review: March 12, 2017

When I came home with my great grand baby from the park, three men from Moni Security were sitting in my front room with my husband and they were saying that I was on their list. I talked to them a few minutes and they gave me the price. Then I got the package that came with the life alert. I was so glad that I did. I didn't have any qualms about putting out the money per month at all and now it's already paid for itself.

The response that they gave was wonderful. My daughter who weighs 250 pounds was screaming out with pain while sitting on the floor. My husband and I couldn't lift her. So I told him to hit the life alert. Then in less than five minutes, the fire truck and the police were here. They took her to the emergency room and put her in the hospital for a few days. This happened again when she came back, then on the third time this happened, they kept her and done an MRI on her. She had a broken bone in her back and a pelvic was damaged which is the reason why she was screaming with pain, so they operated on her. Overall, I'm very pleased with MONI Security and I've told a couple of people about them.

Shirley,
Here at MONI we put our customers first by focusing on the level of service that we provide to them. As remarks like yours are the reason we have become one of the top security providers in our industry, and it is because of you that we will continue to grow and succeed. Thank you for being one of our valued customers!

Original review: March 12, 2017

I love MONI. I've been with them for a while. I've had them in two different homes over the course of a couple of years. At that time, there wasn't a whole lot of alternatives in the area where I originally lived. And I was adamant that I wasn't going to use ADT because I don't like their business practices. They prey on the fear of people in their sales pitches. And the big thing for me is that MONI were very professional, told me what I wanted to know, answered my questions and didn't use that whole hard pure sales pitch the way ADT did. That was the primary reason I chose MONI over anybody else.

In this day and age, customer service is mostly outsourced so we end up with people who are rude, can't understand and speak the language but I got none of that with MONI Security. They understood what I needed. I recommend to anybody to go with MONI. They have a great product, service and customer service. They're a terrific company.

Maria,
I would like to first congratulate you on your NEW home! MONI understands that moving can sometimes be a frustrating process and our main goal is to make it as easy as possible. I am glad that you chose MONI to relocate your service, as you could have selected any other company.

Theresa T.

Original review: March 11, 2017

We've had MONI for a long time before they changed the name. When we had it installed in the house that we have now, the gentleman was really professional and he explained any questions my husband had. So far, we've been pretty satisfied with them. And now that we're moving, we're getting them to transfer the system over to our new house. They seem to get the things I have asked for, which is what we have in the house now. They said that the transfer is going to be pretty easy and there won't be any problems. We'd recommend them.

Latisha,
It is very heart breaking to see that you are disappointed with the service that have been provided to you. We are dedicated to providing the upmost level service to our customers, and I apologize that we have fell short of your expectations. I show that we have an Executive Analyst working on your account to resolve this matter, and they will contact you upon the completion of their research.

Original review: March 10, 2017

HORRIBLE, DON'T GET. Company products are no good. Customer service sucks. They installed cameras and for 2 weeks have not been working, I have called many times to get resolved no help. Customer service just transferred me over 8 times. Finally I gave up. Don't waste your time. There better companies.

Steve,
When I see comments such as yours, it puts a huge smile on my face. No matter if your system is triggered accidentally or it is due to an actual break-in. We will always respond fast and in a hurry, as it is our main priority is to ensure that you and your family have a sense of security.

Original review: March 10, 2017

We got a call from Monitronics and we hooked up with them. Their price is comparable and I’m well pleased with them. We’ve had the alarm go off several times over the years, but it’s never been a true emergency and the response has always been appropriate. The alarm system works well. However, I’ve got the old school contacts at the bottom of the doors. They’ve gotten beat up over the years and I can’t find anything that’s around the same size as those. I’ve spent days looking at different electric shops, places that sell these alarms and I can’t find those little things. I may have to do something one day to get that fixed.

My son's house, which we got about five years ago and we had Monitronics put it in, is about a half a mile away. He’s had several more alarms than we’ve had, but he’s got a real sensitive inside alarm. If a fly flies across, it sets it off. Overall, it has been a good experience. Just having an alarm and having the signs out in the yard is a big deterrent. Plus, everybody in this neighborhood know that I’ll shoot them anyway, so none of them come trying.

Amanda,

This is very discerning as it is not in line with the direction MONI is moving towards. Our intentions are never to make cancelling your account an impossible task. With that being said, I would like the opportunity to speak with you in an attempt to resolve your concerns. I have located your account and will be reaching out to you to discuss this matter further. Sincerely, Theresa T,

Original review: March 9, 2017

When you call to cancel account no matter the reason you shouldn't be treated ugly. Called on 2/17/17 to cancel. Did my part. Explained that was house sold and needed to be turned off on 3/9/17 even if payment continued. So of course get a call today because the power is off that there is a low battery. So I call and they say "30 days from 2/17/17 is when it will be turned off." I was like "NO I need off today. I don't live there." They were like "can't do that". Asked to speak with a supervisor. He rudely gets on phone and I said everything again, explained I don't live there, didn't care if payment to cont...that I nor the new ppl to buy home needed to be bothered. He raised his voice and said, "I'll take care of it." I will not recommend your company to anyone and may make a report to Better Business Bureau. Worst customer service ever and cheap equipment!!! TERRIBLE.

Carlos,
You have expressed some concern with your current monthly monitoring rate. I would like to provide with you the many options that are available to you, as they depend on the type of service that you are receiving. I have located your account with us and will be sure to contact you directly to discuss this matter further.

Original review: March 9, 2017

Our MONI home security system works all right. A guy came to the house and told us that I could go back and see if I can lower the price on the alarm system and said that we can get it cheaper now. Overall, it's a great experience.

Cynthia,
Your sweet comments have made my day. The feeling is definitely mutual, as we not only like our customers, we LOVE them! Our technicians are professionals when it comes to instructing our customers on their systems. This prepares you for any situation that may occur in the future, thank you for sharing this GREAT experience.

Original review: March 9, 2017

MONI Security is the least expensive among others and I like their people a lot. Their customer service team helped me out a lot of times, and I have a very positive experience with them. When the power went out here, they had the system reset for me. The installation guys were good. Before they left, they made sure that I know how to use the system and then they gave me a number to call if I ever need any help in setting it up again or if I need something for my bills to be paid. I tested it one night and I put it on. I was back in the hall and I was going to the bathroom then it went off. After that, I know it works. I just leave it off for the meantime but if I go away then I turn it on.

Memory,
This is the complete opposite of what we want our customers to experience while attempting to cancel your account. We hate to see our customers go, but we would never want to treat them any differently due to your choice of cancelling. It would love to speak with you regarding this, but unfortunately, I cannot locate your account. Can you please message me with your account information, and I will reach out to you directly to discuss this matter further.

Theresa T

Original review: March 8, 2017

Was a client for OVER twelve years. Recently reached out to MONI to cancel my service, canceled on 12/6/16. Only reason we were canceling was that we had not been using the alarm. Received a call on 12/13/16 from a Natasha ** at 7:42 PM Eastern time, turns out she was a "sr account mgr." I am later told from one of the many customer service reps she was from the "Win Back" Dept.

Natasha spoke to me about reducing my rate, etc., talked about cameras, etc. Told her I would think about it and would get back to her, since I did not use the service, hence the reason why I was canceling, that an upgrade (cameras) may be something I would be interested in in the future. She sent me an email with the options we discussed so I could review and she said to let her know when I would like to upgrade, etc. I emailed her back on 12/31/16 and told her, "Thank you for the information, but I would like to keep my service canceled at this time, being 12/6/16."

Beginning in Feb., I began getting calls, it turned out Natasha never canceled my service, so I was getting 5 plus calls a day, telling me I owed almost 100.00 and would go to Collections. I then called Customer Service (as a matter of fact 8 times) and each time I was told that I had to call the dept Natasha was in, and other times, I was told it was taken care of, not too worry about it, seems I got a new answer each time I called. Not surprising the service was never canceled.

Last week, I was told I had to call Natasha on her schedule so I have to call while I was at work. I took a break from work and tried to call Natasha when it fit her schedule, mind you I had previously spoken to one rep who had sent her a message and told her to call me on my cell because I work during the day... not surprised, she never called me. So I called during my work and I spoke to one guy in the "Win Back " Dept who was very rude and disrespectful, and could really care less at my continued aggravation.

Then he sent me to Natasha and she claims she did not have the email that she sent me as well as the email I sent to her responding directly to her. I then forwarded her email back to her, she said she gets a lot of emails go to spam but she checks spam because customers email her, then why did she not get my email?? Then she asked me why I did not call her, she said didn't I see the phone number? I said, "Yes, right above your email address," besides she did not tell me to call you... and other customers email her she said so why am I different???

She was very pleasant trying to sell me service when I had canceled my service, trying to sell me everything, but now that I called her on it, she was very rude and disrespectful. After getting nowhere, I paid for the 1 month of service that was due, from the time I canceled to when the termination date is. She then said, "Well I wish you luck"??? What does that even supposed to mean??? How many times does it take to get someone to help me? Far too many... I will NEVER use MONI again, and I will be sure to let others know my experience. Worst alarm monitoring company ever!!!

MONI Security

Mr. Stover, You have indeed been a member of the MONI family for quite some time now. The glowing comments that you have shared about our customer service team, has been one of our main points of emphasis. We understand that you have options, but we intend to provide you will quality service that reinforces your decision to stay with MONI.

Original review: March 8, 2017

MONI Security came and offered to put in a whole new system from what we already had. We’ve been a customer of them for quite some time now and the monitoring has been good for the monthly payment. Customer service has always been good as well. They've been friendly, courteous and usually resolve the issue fairly quickly. It's just good equipment and service. They are reliable and I'm satisfied.

Carl,
It is never our objective to disappoint our customers, as we always want to make sure that we are providing the utmost level of service. I would like to apologize if this was not the case for you. I would like to speak with you directly to determine why your account has not cancelled and provide you with a resolution. I have located your account and will contact you to resolve this matter.

Original review: March 7, 2017

Signed onto Moni services (then Monitronics) almost 5 years ago. Was told it was only a 2-year contract by salesperson. Tried cancelling once, I was told it was a 5-year contract. Was told the animals in the house wouldn't set the motion sensor off, well it did several times, capturing the images of my cats running in front of it as proof. This sent the police who started asking about our permit and where it was. We were told by the salesman that we didn't have to get one, the police scoffed at this. Because of the cats in the house setting it off we just stopped using the alarm. Stopped having the monthly payment from coming out recently by changing bank accounts.

Me and my wife are divorced now. They have managed to call her and get her address and harass her continually and she didn't even sign the contract. She requested a copy of the contract, one was never sent. I still live in the house with the alarm system and they don't send me anything, just never ending phone calls. I requested a copy as well, nothing sent. They have now turned her over to a collection agency and she never signed anything. Very deceiving company. Needs better quality control over their sales people.

MONI Security

Hello Ms. Jenkins, It sounds as if you are definitely getting your moneys worth with the system. Regardless of how many times you may accidentally set off the alarm, our dedicated staff will remain pleasant and prompt when responding. However, you've made me hungry thinking about steak... LOL.. Have an AWESOME day

Original review: March 7, 2017

My AT&T system was costing too much. MONI was canvassing in the neighborhood and sounded like a better deal so I decided to use them. I have a bracelet to wear and the package I got has a fire smoke alarm that's connected with MONI. When they came to my home, I already had some equipment so they mostly changed things out. One time, one of my batteries went down. My daughter called them and they explained to her to have it reset.

Also, MONI called me several times because they thought the house was on fire. I was trying to broil a steak and I didn't think it was that smoky. The machine called them and I talked to their customer service team. This made me feel good because at least I know that it will call them if the house was burning. Since then, I've set off the alarm several times and they're very pleasant when they call. It has always been positive anytime I had anything to do with them. I feel safer with their system in. I think it's a good company and I got more for the money.

Expert Review

Erin RaubAlarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.    More about Erin→

Founded in 1994, MONI Security is now one of the largest home security companies in the United States. Authorized dealers are located in all 50 states, offering easily customized, tech-savvy alarm systems at mid-range cost. The company, a subsidiary of Ascent Capital Group, serves over a million residential and business consumers.

• Customized equipment: MONI Security offers many equipment brands in different price ranges. The company's offerings are comprehensive, extending beyond basic security to home lighting control, keypad door locks and remote-access thermostats. Product availability varies by location.
  • HomeTouch automation: MONI Security remote home security allows you to perform an array of tasks via computer, smartphone or tablet: arm/disarm your system, tweak your thermostat, lock your doors and even check your appliances from afar.
  • Backup power sources & monitoring: Redundancy is the name of the game: two power sources ensure you never lose security coverage, and multiple monitoring channels ­– Internet, phone line, and cellular – guarantee your system is always connected to the monitoring station.
  • Specials: MONI regularly offers specials for new customers. You can visit the company’s website or contact a local dealer to learn about current specials and discounts.
  • Equipment: MONI Security device selection differs from its competitors. Before making a commitment, verify that your local dealer has your desired devices available.
  • Best for Homeowners, tech-savvy shoppers and hands-off consumers.

MONI Security Company Profile