Consumer Reviews and Complaints

MONI Security

Janne, This is great news! The new MONI is focused on ensuring our customers receive the latest and greatest technology, as we are committed to staying on top of the many changes in the ever-evolving alarm industry. To know that we have accomplished an excellent customer service experience with you, means everything to MONI. Thank you for being a huge part of our MONI family. -Ashley C.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I've been using the services of MONI since about 2013. I've had different security systems before, and MONI is better than the other security service providers. I like their prices better. And now, with MONI's latest technology, their systems are really modern and nice. I've dealt with their customer service reps many times, and they're very nice, and always helpful and solve problems very quickly. I sent the property manager out to meet the installers but during the first time, I had a technician that was a dealer for MONI, and he was wonderful. The MONI guys should just keep doing what they're doing. One thing I really appreciate is that people answer on the phone, which is very important. When you call MONI, it doesn't take half an hour waiting on the phone.

MONI Security

Lorraine, It means the world to us to know that we are able to satisfy your security needs. We know that every moment matters, which is why we strive to deliver the fastest response time to our customers. We thank you for choosing MONI, and appreciate that you would recommend us to others. -Ashley C.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

MONI happened to be in the neighborhood at the time, and I listened to the benefits and everything that they offered. Their prices were a little cheaper than the one I already had so I switched. I feel safer knowing that I have the security on my house. If the alarm happened to go off for any reason, the telephone rang to make sure everything was okay. I appreciate that and would definitely recommend them.

MONI Security

Carole, You have been a valued customer with us for many years, and we are sad to see you leave. I apologize you have had to contact us multiple times to have this taken care of, however, I will ensure this matter is taken care of with no further notifications needed. I have located your account, and will be contacting you shortly to ensure this process moves seamlessly. -Lauren C.

Original review: May 14, 2017

The reason for this message is to let you know that we contacted you on May 1st, 11th, 12th to let you know that we were cancelling our security service with your company. You continued to charge our account with a charge of 54 dollars and some odd cents. Your equipment has been taken out and we no longer are using your service. You have been notified by phone and now by e-mail. Thank you for taking care of this matter.

MONI Security

Andrew, reading reviews like this is by far the best feeling in the world. It is always good to know that you live in a safe area, but to have that additional protection is even better. We truly appreciate you giving us this opportunity to secure you and your home. -Ashley C.

Original review: May 13, 2017

I've used the home security service of MONI for so long. I live in a very secure, gated community, and no one can get to my house because there is a gate too far away and the doorbell is out there. But I'm happy that I have the MONI security system in the house, and I will keep it. However, the only thing that I don't like about having the service here in Arizona is that I have to pay the regular monthly fee to MONI, but every year I get a bill from the Tucson Police Department that I also have to pay $20 to them because I have the security service. Nevertheless, I'm very satisfied with them. I talked to the reps in the beginning of the year and they lowered my bill to match what the computer company would have charged if I had added the system to my computer, so that was really good.

MONI Security

Dora, I am so excited to hear that you had such a great experience with the technician who installed your system. Your security and peace of mind is our goal, and from the sound of your review, we nailed it! If you are ever looking for equipment to be added to your system, we will always strive to make the experience a simple and pleasant one. Thank you for sharing your experience, and welcome to the MONI family! - Aaron Y.

Original review: May 11, 2017

The guy from MONI that went to the house and spoke to us was very flexible with his time and he wasn't pushy. He was also kind, courteous, and professional. He gave us options that we could upgrade or start at the bottom and then add on if we need to. And I liked that part of it. We put the system on every single night. It’s easy and convenient.

Even if we leave out of town and we put it on, I feel more secure knowing that we don't have to tell our neighbor to look out for our house if we're gone out of town. When we first got the security system, one morning my husband got up and forgot the security system was on. He opened the door and the policeman was there in minutes. And then I got a call so that was awesome.

MONI Security

David, I apologize for any frustrations the constant beeping may have caused you. In regards to your contract, you would need to speak with Security Solutions Team, as they would be the ones to further assist you with your concerns you have regarding your contract term. I also see that you have been in contact with a member of our Executive Team, If there is anything further that we can do here at MONI, please contact me at 1.888.758-5900 - Lauren C.

Original review: May 9, 2017

The power went out at our property and the security alarm has not stop beeping about the battery even after it's been restored for over 24 hours. Now I've tried calling to get help and I don't get anywhere but being talked over and rudeness. I am not happy with the service and I just found out I'm under a three-year contract with 36 months left. They're telling me if I want to cancel I have to pay over $1000 to get out. Why should I have to pay $1000 or more when I'm not happy with the service. I've never been under a more than a two-year contract with any provider. I want out of my contract and I do not want the alarm anymore. I'm going to be going to Twitter, Facebook and every social media account I can until I'm listened to! I want out of my contract now!!!

MONI Security

Natalie, We value all of our customers very much and want to make sure that we have been able to assist you with your security needs, by ensuring that we provide a peace of mind to you and your family.

I am so happy that we have been able to exceed your expectations , and are thankful that you have remained a customer with us for the past 10 years. I look forward to may many more! -Theresa T.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I liked the fact that MONI could hear you over their phone system. That was the deciding factor to go with them. They also warranty their service. If you use your security service and you get broken into, they'll pay your deductible and that's a saving on the insurance side also. It shows you how confident they are in their service working. The last technician that was out here was from Spot Security, a local company, that fixed the system on their behalf. That's when we added in the fire alarm upstairs. I love the features that were included in the system.

Recently, my rate went up so I renegotiated the rate with them and it was a positive experience. I told them I didn't know why I was paying so much more and why it kept going up when I haven't had any incidents. They didn't want to lose me as a customer and they wanted me to agree to a year-long contract which I have no issue with. I've had them for 10 years and I'm not going anywhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MONI?

MONI Security

Thalia, I am thrilled to hear how satisfied you are with your new system, and we appreciate you for being a customer of ours for the past 20 years. I hope that we can continue to protect and provide you with our customer service, and new equipment as technology develops! Our friendly technicians strive to make transitions such as moving from one home to another a seamless process and I cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience with us! – Lauren C.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I'm satisfied with MONI's service. I feel safe having the security system and I like their customer service. I've stayed with them for 20 years and throughout the three homes that I've had. I had some issues with the new system but they quickly solved them. One time, something was wrong with one of the sensors and their team came. Another time, something was wrong with one of the cameras they had put in and again they sent someone out who fixed that. The contractors have been very courteous and showed me how to work the new system. They also showed me a few tricks to it so I was very pleased. I like the upgrades and the new system because it is digital and I can work the system from my phone which I wasn't able to do before. It's like a new toy.

MONI Security

Jennifer, I am glad that you are pleased with the services that are being provided to you! I cannot agree with you more, technology can sometimes be very hindering to an individual especially when it comes to remembering certain things, as I tend to forget my own phone number from time to time lol. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this positive feedback. We are so glad to have you as part of the MONI family! -Theresa T.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I kept forgetting what my passcode was. I talked to MONI's customer service team so now I finally found out how to find my passcode and how to work it. I was always working the key fob, which is good, but it fools a person. You don’t remember what the numbers are. That was my only thing. I’d recommend having the key fob but not recommend MONI's people not use it until maybe a month after using the device. Nevertheless, I feel safer having MONI.

MONI Security

Cedric, I just love being able to read reviews where our customers share their satisfaction with the level of service MONI has provided. We are determined to deliver top of the line security at a monthly monitoring rate that anyone can afford, and I am glad that you were able to receive just that. We thank you for sharing this amazing review with us! -Theresa T.

Original review: May 4, 2017

MONI was the best service for our budget at that time. It was also the best service to maintain. I spoke with the customer service team when I set up the system and they're very professional. They’ve always responded quickly any time the alarm goes off, which was accidental for the most part. So, I really appreciate that. Overall, it’s a very good company.

Dear Ms. Wright,

I am very sad to hear that you have had this issue with a technician coming out to service your equipment, and the longer than usual downtime. This is never anything we want our customers to have to deal with, especially with someone who has been with us for as long as you have.

With the information provided in this post, I was unfortunately unable to locate your account. Could you please send me a private message with your account information, so I may assist you further? I would love to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Aaron Y.

Original review: May 4, 2017

We have been a customer with this company for 14 years so you would think that customer loyalty would mean something however to this company it does not. They are perfectly happy to take your money but when it comes to providing the service that you pay for that is not on their list of priorities. Our system went out over 2 months ago and after numerous phone calls and several worthless hours on the phone a technician finally came out. He installed a new control panel but was not able to get it to work correctly. He was very agitated and stated that he could not work on it any longer as he was already late for his next appointment. He said that he would have to order a new part and would be back the next week.

We are still without the system that they have already collected payment for the last 2 months. Each time my husband makes contact with their customer service, even with managers, he is told that a service technician would be out the next week to no avail. We even paid one of our employees to stay at our home and wait for the technician because we were out of town on one of the numerous days that a technician was suppose to come. We paid a guy to sit there all day and wait for a technician who never showed up. My husband called customer service around 1:30 that day (we were told that the technician would be there between 8 am and noon) about the technician's whereabouts. My husband was told that the tech was 30 minutes away. At 5:30 the same day my husband called customer service once again and was told that the technician had reported that no one was at the residence when he came out.

That was an out and out bold face LIE!! This is the same technician that made the first service call several weeks ago when this whole thing began and said that he would have to order a new part for our system to function correctly. Well it's been over 2 months and we are still without a security system. DO NOT COUNT ON THIS COMPANY. I am going to be having another security company install a new system this week. I will also be requesting the money back that I paid for the service we were not provided for the last 2 months. We will see how that goes! If they aren't competent enough or care enough to provide a loyal customer with the service that the customer has continuously paid for then I seriously doubt that they are competent enough to process a refund!

MONI Security

Robert, It is truly amazing me to see customers who have been with us for as many years as you have! Customers like yourself are family to us, and we really appreciate and love being able to secure you and your home! -Ashley C.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I’ve had MONI for over 20 years and it’s always been good speaking with Customer Service. Their service works and I don’t ever have to call them out for any maintenance problems.

MONI Security

Monica, When it comes to pricing and your security needs, we aim to provide an affordable and reliable service. It breaks my heart to hear that you are not using your alarm system, as it is in place to give you peace of mind. If location and pricing are a concern of yours, I would love to speak with you and provide you with a resolution that will allow you to continue to use your system. I have your account information and will be sure to contact you directly. -Ashley C.

Original review: May 2, 2017

Originally, MONI was cheaper than ADT, so we went with them. But ADT is cheaper now. Also, MONI's security system is different from what I was used to. I don't set it anymore because the panel has to be in the middle of my house instead of right by my garage door when I leave. But I've spoken with the customer service team at MONI once, and it was a positive experience.

MONI Security

Kristie, I hate to hear that you have not had a very pleasant experience with upgrading your system and the false alarm. When it comes to replacing batteries in the system, we have several different options available to our customers from sending a technician out to mailing you the battery. Also for security reasons, we have to verify our customers before cancelling an alarm, to ensure that it is you and no one else. With that being said, I would like to apologize for the frustration this matter may have caused you.

In reviewing your account, I show that the last time we were able to speak with you was in April of 2016. If you are looking to cancel your service, I would be able to assist you with this request. I will contact you directly shortly. -Ashley C.

Original review: May 1, 2017

When system updated Monitronics sent card to update our system. On several occasions I had advised them that I couldn't find a battery so the system wasn't running. Since I couldn't update our system we were shut off by them but they continue to take the monthly payment from our account. After 2 months I am still trying to get them to stop taking out money.

Another problem was when our fire alarm went off because of smoky bacon. They called to confirm so I explained what happened. Thinking everything was ok I went back to cooking, never thinking the sirens approaching were for me! I embarrassingly explained to the firefighters and was thankful I wasn't charged. While on the phone with one agent, another agent tried calling and not being able to verify, sent alarm to fire department. I would never recommend a company that makes such mistakes that will result in me being fined or one that continues to take money from account.

MONI Security

Emilio, We are very glad to hear that your wife wanted to be with MONI, as we love having the opportunity to secure you and your family. We thank you for this chance, and look forward to many more years with you. -Ashley C.

Original review: May 1, 2017

My wife said to use MONI and so far, their service has been great. They went out twice for the installation and they were friendly.

MONI Security

Minerva, This is exactly what I like to hear! I am so excited that our technician was able to service your system in an urgent matter and was able to assist you. We look forward to serving you for many many more years to come! -Theresa T.

Original review: April 30, 2017

I have a positive experience with MONI. The service they offered sounded good and the installation team did a good job. When there’s a problem with the alarm or power failure, customer service contacts me immediately and they are very quick to respond.

MONI Security

Jo, We love hearing about how much we are able to contribute to the sense of security you feel with MONI. What you have described, is exactly what we aim for here at MONI, as we know our customers safety is our #1 priority. Thank you for being a valued customer here at MONI. -Ashley C.

Original review: April 29, 2017

Years ago I was over at my daughter's house and she had MONI Security. She was telling me about how wonderful it worked so I thought I would try it and I felt very pleased with it. Sometimes I go in and forget the code and all the doors get locked. I speak to the reps and they reach out to help. They were helpful, knowledgeable and patient. Their installers were calm, polite and did what they had to do. So far, my experience has been very good and I have no plans to change anything.

MONI Security

Tanvir, To know that you have never left a bad review prior to this, breaks my heart. We never want to be the reason a customer has to write any bad review. When it comes to cancelling your service, we strive to make the process as convenient and easy as possible for our customers. I am very sorry that this was not the case for you. I have located your account and will be sure to reach out to you to discuss this further. -Ashley C.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I have never wrote a bad review for any company. As a Business owner I understand the challenges of running a business, but this company is a scam. They got me into a contract for 5 years for a service that didn't even work right. Once my 5 years were up I called and ask to cancel. The customer service representative asked me to send them a letter requesting the cancellation which I did in August 2016. Here we are in April 2017 and they are still charging me for a service I do not have. They asked me to send proof of the letter I sent them. I didn't keep the letter or any proof (never thought I would need to).

After a lot of arguing they agreed to only refund me half of what they stole from my bank account. I am a business owner myself and keeping my customers happy is the most important thing to me. In my business I have numerous times refunded my customers for services when it was not my fault. Those same customers not only left happy but returned to spend more money with me. Monitronics or Moni (what they have changed their name to) does not care about the customer. All they care about is getting us into 5 year contracts that we can't afford to get out of, and making us jump through hoops to cancel once our contract is up. This is what this company does to make money off a service that does not work.

MONI Security

Yvonne, We will always be here for you and your family no matter what the case may be, especially when it comes to ensuring that your system is working properly. Your safety is our number one priority and we know that having a reliable system is crucial when it comes to protecting your home and providing you with peace of mind. -Theresa T.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I’ve had MONI for the past four years. Then, I got an upgrade because it kept going off. They were very courteous and helpful and I was very pleased with the service. Also, the work was done efficiently, fast and good. It’s all been good and I have no problems with it.

MONI Security

Jamie, It’s very alarming to see an unhappy customer, as we never want our customers to experience anything negative. I am sorry that something has caused you to feel this way, and I would like to assist you with getting this turned around. I have located your account with us and will be sure to reach out to you directly to discuss this matter further. -Theresa T.

Original review: April 27, 2017

We hired this company almost 3 years out of 60 agreement they signed us up for. In this 3 years we have had false alarms, & they have responded, but my issue is that we use our cell phones to turn on/off alarm. Well we are constantly losing signal on the app, I have called, & they tell me that they are going to check the available towers, & never hear back. Well I have to get into my house, so we override the alarm, & have to frequently enter the house, triggering alarm to go on. Did I mention how embarrassing this is and how our neighbors complained to the city.

Also, My agreement was for 60 months set fee, now I have noticed that they have increased my monthly amount, without proper notice. Also, we removed the monitor iPad from wall to test their promptness, & still have not received a call, to ask if we are okay. This is the such great service, monitoring they feel proud & advertise. I am paying them monthly, I guess my money does not matter.

MONI Security

Elizabeth, We are extremely thrilled to see that our reviews are the reason we were lucky to have you join our family. Our reviews are very important to us, as it is a reflection of how our customers feel about MONI. We thank you for the opportunity to provide you with an additional sense of security. -Ashley C.

Original review: April 27, 2017

Moni Security had good reviews so I decided to use them. Their installers got it set up and done. So far, I'm happy with their service.

MONI Security

Ruben, Seeing reviews such as yours reminds me of why I chose to get into this industry, which is to ensure that our customers security is never at risk. I am glad to see that you decided to take the extra step of adding cameras to your system. It gives you those extra set of eyes that you need when you cannot be at your home at all times.

You mentioned you were having issues with one of your camera. I will be sure to reach out to you, so we can do some trouble shooting and see what may be causing your camera to malfunctioning. -Theresa T.

Original review: April 27, 2017

There were too many hangouts in the corner from my house and they didn't get along too much with me so I got MONI. The installation was quick and we had no problems. I decided to put the security cameras into our system and the hangouts faded away since I did that. However, recently, I have an issue with one of the cameras where everything is purple while all the other ones are very clear. MONI gives me good service and having their security system makes me feel safer, have peace of mind, and I'm comfortable. I would recommend them.

MONI Security

Eric, MONI knows that we live in a time where technology and security is constantly evolving; we like to stay up to date with everything, to ensure our customers are given the best. It is very exciting to hear that you have chosen MONI for your home protection, and we thank you for that. We are very glad to have you with us. -Ashley C.

Original review: April 26, 2017

It's been eight years since I've been with MONI Security. I was with ADT for about 10 years before that. They came to my home and I've been looking to upgrade. At the time, I tried doing that through ADT and they didn't have anything. They were gonna charge me $800 to upgrade my stuff. And it was still gonna be the analog type of very old stuff. I was looking for something better - more high tech. At the time, before Monitronics, it was Security Networks. Before Security Networks it was Alarm.com. Before Alarm.com, it was Sunbelt, or something like that. But they hooked it up. They came in and it was a brand new thing. And I've been with them ever since and they've been great to me.

The people at MONI are extremely friendly. I've never had a problem. They're always on high end stuff. It's the same price or better. I've upgraded some of my cameras a couple of years ago. They came out and added more sensors to my garage doors and stuff. I really love them pretty good.

MONI Security

Bill, It is always exciting to see our customer share how pleased they are with the level of service we provide. We are very thankful to have the opportunity to secure you and your wife, and look forward to many more years with you. -Ashley C.

Original review: April 26, 2017

MONI had a package deal that my wife liked at the time. The guys that installed the system were helpful, friendly and showed us how to use everything. They did what needed to be done. So far, we are satisfied with the service. On the whole, our experience has been adequate.

MONI Security

Ollie, It is amazing to hear from a customer of ours that has been with us for 17 years! I am so glad you were never a subject to any scam calls knowing MONI does not operate in this manner. We are proud to know we have protected your house, and provided you with information that helps keep you protected. I am pleased to hear you are satisfied with our technicians that have worked on your system throughout the years, and we will be very happy to continue to protect you in the future! Thank you for taking the time to let us know we are meeting your expectations! -Lauren C.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I call Moni's customer service team if I have questions and I don’t have any problem. A week before last, a gentleman called talking about an upgrade on my security system. I told them, "No, I'm not doing anything. I have to talk to Moni." When I called Moni, they told me that was a scam. They have never called me to check on my security system. I usually have to do that. I’ve been with Monitronics for 17 years. I had them when I had my house built. When I have trouble with my security system, they have people that they hire to come in and work on my system through the years. I also have the glass protection too.

MONI Security

Richard, It is a wonderful feeling to know that we have been able to exceed your expectations! The initial instillation is the foundation for how the remainder of your time with MONI should be, as each interaction should be as positive as the one you have described. -Theresa T.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I’m pleased with the service that we got from MONI Security. It was quick and seemed to be thorough.

MONI Security

Daniela, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We always want a smooth seamless transition when a valued customer is moving into a new residence. I will be contacting you directly to discuss this further. Sincerely- Lauren C.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I sold my home to my ex after splitting up and did everything I was told transfer the security system under his name since I was not going to be living there or own that house anymore. After weeks of paperwork, I was told that it had been taken out of my name and put in his. Two years later I find out it's still in my name and when I call to find out what is going on I am told it was never taken out of my name. Well GOOD TO KNOW!

So then my ex decides to stop paying for it and I'm stuck with what I was originally told a two month payment. I pay that and get it transferred to my new house since I'm not going to pay for something I'm not using. I am told my account is up to date, paid in full and my new payment is $40 a month. A couple weeks go by and now I have a bill for over $100! (For "late" fees.) This company is horrible! Unfortunately for me I'm stuck with them until the contract is over, but save yourselves from this ** security company before you get screwed!

MONI Security

Jeremy, I would like to start by apologizing for the type of service and experience you have mention in your review, as this is by FAR an experience we would never want our customers to endure. Here at MONI we take every complaint very seriously, as we are always looking for ways to improve as a company. I will be investigating this matter and reaching out to you, to ensure that this matter is addressed and resolved accordingly. I have located your account and will contact you soon. -Ashley C.

Original review: April 24, 2017

MONI is the master of the bait and switch. I have been a customer for somewhere around 5 years. Besides the fact that my contract somehow keeps getting extended, the real reason for the review is their complete lack of integrity and customer service. In August of 2016 I purchased a new home and had my security system moved to the new house.

When I called to have the service moved, the customer service rep recommended a keyless front door lock. With my travel schedule and the fact the kids would not have to use a key they could lose, I agreed. It worked well for a few months but then it intermittently would not unlock from the keypad on the door itself, you would have to unlock from the app on my phone. I travel frequently for work so it took a couple weeks for me to call and request service. The lady on the phone did her best to help me reprogram the door lock which seemed to work. She explained that I had a lifetime warranty on my gear so there was no need to worry. Two weeks later it was back to not working. I called and had a tech come out who seemed to fix it; that was 3 weeks ago.

This morning I called to inform MONI that my lock was again not working and that I was frustrated that I am having so many issues with it. The first rep I spoke to was more focused on telling me there was nothing he could do because there was no warranty on it then how he could help me. I explained that I was told I had a lifetime warranty and he kept saying I was wrong.

I then spoke with his supervisor who again was strictly focused on telling me there was no warranty so if I wanted a new lock I would have to buy one. The only difference between her and the original rep was she agreed to reopen my service ticket and have a tech come back out. In doing so, she acted like I should be grateful that she was willing to do that. I again explained that I was told I had a lifetime warranty and she said whoever told me that was wrong. She explained I only have a warranty on my alarm components. Hmmm isn't my keyless door lock tied into my alarm and didn't come from my alarm company? This is absolutely ridiculous.

It is very obvious the only thing they care about is my $46 a month and selling new systems. Current customers are a forgotten entity and only treated as residual income. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone based on my experience. Customer service is nonexistent at MONI and they will not do what it takes to make sure their customers are taken care of and treated with respect. I work for a fortune 10 company and will take every chance I get to warn people in my company to NEVER use MONI.

Factual basis uncertain

MONI Security

Doug, It saddens me you have had a negative experience like the one you have just described. I hate to hear when a valued customer of ours has any type of negative experience. I will be locating your account, and contacting you directly to further discuss this issue. Sincerely – Lauren C.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I have been with Monitronics for a number of years and was always pleased with my monthly premium & the customer service I received. Until... I needed to stop service due to selling the house & a divorce. When I called to cancel I was told that I could not cancel over the phone. I had to send a handwritten note. This I did with the amount of money I was told to send $16.05. Of course this is not a full month’s premium, but it's what was required to be finished.

Over a year later a credit report was pulled & now I owe over a hundred dollars & a collection agency has my account. This is the first that I heard about a problem at all. After 3 calls to customer service & 3 calls to the collection agency... I find that the $16.05 was received just fine, but somehow the letter that was sent with it never arrived. How ironic. No I don't believe someone just wanted to mess with me. I'm nobody, but somebody did drop the ball.

Now I'm going to have to be punished for the next 5 years on my credit. Since no one is willing to do anything about it. Monitronics says the collection agency needs to send them an email so they can do something about it. The department head at the collection agency says all they need is a email from Monitronics to not collect. As you can see both are saying the same thing. So nothing can be done. I highly recommend looking elsewhere for a alarm company.

MONI Security

Ruby, Welcome to MONI! I am so glad to know you are one of our valued customers. It is great to hear you now have one of our new keypads, and that our customer service can answer your questions in a timely manner. We aim to please you, and keep you safe. Thank you for letting us know we are heading in the right direction. Lauren C.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I had a different security service provider before MONI but they were slow on customer service when I would call. I wanted to upgrade and MONI offered me free keypads and a monitor. I was pleased with their service during the installation. Their guy was very friendly. I'm fairly satisfied.

MONI Security

Margaret, I am very thrilled to see that we have been able to exceed your level of expectations across the board! MONI is always here to help our customers in any way we can, and I am beyond happy to know that this has left you a very satisfied customer. Thank you for sharing this with us and for being a valued part of our MONI family. -Ashley C.

Original review: April 23, 2017

There had a lot of burglaries at the time, so we thought getting a home security was not a bad idea. Moni Home Security reps were in town then and going house to house. So we sat there and talked about it, and went with them. I wanted to add the service to get me set up on my phone so I could arm it and see what's going on when I'm not here. So, I called their customer service and they were extremely helpful. They were very patient and explained things to me very clearly. They helped me through the entire process and showed me how to use it. They spent 45 minutes on the phone with me just to help me make sure I understood everything before they hung up. Also, their installer was polite. He came, put it up and cleaned up the mess. I'm a very satisfied customer.

MONI Security

John, As much as it breaks our hearts to see a valued customer leave, we never want our customers to leave us on a bad note. Reading your review has me at a loss for words, as what you have described is very concerning. I have located your account and began investigating this matter more in depth.I will be contacting you directly with a resolution, once I have completed my research. -Ashley C.

Original review: April 23, 2017

Signed a 3 year contract with Monitronics in 2014. I moved from the original house it was installed in at the end of August 2015 to a new location. They were accommodating when it came time to move. They sent a technician to uninstall and install my services. The problem I have didn't come about until the end of March 2017 when I moved out of my current location. I called to have the services suspended as I will be living with family as I transition into our new house. When I called I was informed that they never updated the address for monitoring from the house I moved from in August of 2015. So for 18 months I was paying $50/month for absolutely nothing.

I called the first time and was told no one could solve my issues and I would be called the next day. I received no call. 1 week later same thing. I was guaranteed this time after mentioning my prior week's experience that this individual would most certainly call the next day. NO CALL!!! I was then on a business trip out of town for the following 10 days and didn't have time to call and never received one either. They couldn't even use common sense and at least update my address at that point either. Finally on 4/21/17 I called and spoke to a gentlemen named Jerome who was absolutely of no help. He told me it was my fault the address didn't get updated although I called and they sent someone to my old residence to uninstall and then over to my new address to reinstall. So they clearly knew my address as a representative was sent to do the work.

He went on to say that nothing could be done and I would need to contact the dealer that set me up. Moni works primarily through their dealers so it's easy for them to pass blame. Although my contract was signed with Monitronics and they are the ones taking the money out of my account it is somehow the dealer's fault (who happens to no longer be in business). Jerome went on to explain that whether or not the address was correct I was still required to pay the service which just goes to show they don't give 2 ** about protecting the customers they monitor they just want money.

I travel for work and have a wife and 2 kids and we used our services religiously as it makes my wife and myself feel safer. To know that had something happened and the system went off, police would have been dispatched to a home 20 minutes away and then to be told because of a clerical error/miscommunication on the part of the company the $1000 I spent in that time frame was completely pointless. All they do is home monitoring so having the wrong address made my system completely irrelevant. I understand mistakes happen but my judgment of you and your company is made on how you respond to it and make it right. With that being said I am fuming from the response by the company and am left looking for a solution to make this right.

Expert Review

Erin RaubAlarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.    More about Erin→

Founded in 1994, MONI Security is now one of the largest home security companies in the United States. Authorized dealers are located in all 50 states, offering easily customized, tech-savvy alarm systems at mid-range cost. The company, a subsidiary of Ascent Capital Group, serves over a million residential and business consumers.

• Customized equipment: MONI Security offers many equipment brands in different price ranges. The company's offerings are comprehensive, extending beyond basic security to home lighting control, keypad door locks and remote-access thermostats. Product availability varies by location.
  • HomeTouch automation: MONI Security remote home security allows you to perform an array of tasks via computer, smartphone or tablet: arm/disarm your system, tweak your thermostat, lock your doors and even check your appliances from afar.
  • Backup power sources & monitoring: Redundancy is the name of the game: two power sources ensure you never lose security coverage, and multiple monitoring channels ­– Internet, phone line, and cellular – guarantee your system is always connected to the monitoring station.
  • Specials: MONI regularly offers specials for new customers. You can visit the company’s website or contact a local dealer to learn about current specials and discounts.
  • Equipment: MONI Security device selection differs from its competitors. Before making a commitment, verify that your local dealer has your desired devices available.
  • Best for Homeowners, tech-savvy shoppers and hands-off consumers.

MONI Security Company Profile