Consumer Reviews and Complaints

MONI Security

Janne, This is great news! The new MONI is focused on ensuring our customers receive the latest and greatest technology, as we are committed to staying on top of the many changes in the ever-evolving alarm industry. To know that we have accomplished an excellent customer service experience with you, means everything to MONI. Thank you for being a huge part of our MONI family. -Ashley C.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I've been using the services of MONI since about 2013. I've had different security systems before, and MONI is better than the other security service providers. I like their prices better. And now, with MONI's latest technology, their systems are really modern and nice. I've dealt with their customer service reps many times, and they're very nice, and always helpful and solve problems very quickly. I sent the property manager out to meet the installers but during the first time, I had a technician that was a dealer for MONI, and he was wonderful. The MONI guys should just keep doing what they're doing. One thing I really appreciate is that people answer on the phone, which is very important. When you call MONI, it doesn't take half an hour waiting on the phone.

MONI Security

Lorraine, It means the world to us to know that we are able to satisfy your security needs. We know that every moment matters, which is why we strive to deliver the fastest response time to our customers. We thank you for choosing MONI, and appreciate that you would recommend us to others. -Ashley C.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

MONI happened to be in the neighborhood at the time, and I listened to the benefits and everything that they offered. Their prices were a little cheaper than the one I already had so I switched. I feel safer knowing that I have the security on my house. If the alarm happened to go off for any reason, the telephone rang to make sure everything was okay. I appreciate that and would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
Consumer Increased Rating!

MONI Security

Diane, I hate to hear that you have not had a pleasant experience while attempting to cancel your service with us. In reviewing your account, I show that we received your cancellation request in August, and processed your request accordingly. I have located your account and will be sure to contact you to discuss this more in depth. -Ashley C.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I cancelled their service July 2017 and they have continued to charge a credit card that was on file for auto pay. They have refused to stop charging my account, this is going to result in me canceling the credit card and getting a new one. Poor customer service.

MONI Security

Susan, We always strive to ensure our customers received the best possible service and interaction with us, and I am glad that this is the case for you. I completely understand your concerns with having one of the sensors redone, as we want you to be able to use the entire system. We do have alternative options available for you. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-447-9239, and we can go over those options for you! -Ashley C.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

The homeowner before me had MONI on the house so I had them come out to tell me what their estimates were. I had one other company to come out too but decided to stay with MONI in the end. MONI's customer service has been very good. When I had to call them and asked what the thing was on my lawn, the rep said those were broken glass sensors. I like that they always answer everything I needed. With MONI, I feel better at night because I know that if someone comes in, I will know. The only thing is I have a dog that's 80 lbs and I can't really arm the system when we're at home. I’d like to have that sensor redone but they have not come out to do that. The first gentleman that came out said he either has to move the sensor and turn it the other way so it doesn’t pick up the dog or put sensors on the windows. But other than that, it's been a satisfactory experience.

MONI Security

Francois, MONI secures you home, so you can worry less and enjoy life with a peace of mind. I completely understand your concerns with the pricing, and I would like to speak with you to discuss a better option for you. I've located your account and will be in contact with you shortly. -Ashley C.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

MONI is always there to see over my house whenever I'm traveling. The only thing is sometimes in the afternoons, I keep getting a weird noise like a "beep-beep" and I don't know if it was because of the bad weather. I called MONI two or three weeks ago for that and they said it means nothing. I'm satisfied with the service I'm getting, but I would like the rate to be less because of my situation as a citizen. I called last time and they said to sign a new contract so I could get a better rate, which I found unfair because I've been a customer for more than two years. I would love for the price to be cheaper because I started at $40 and now it's at $50. Nonetheless, MONI is good and I recommended them to my sister-in-law three weeks ago.

MONI Security

Bev, The experience you have described sounds horrible, and definitely not something we take lightly here at MONI. I would like to personally apologize that you have not had this matter resolved correctly. I have located your account an will be sure to reach out to you to get this matter taken care of. -Theresa T.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

MONI didn't have the equipment to install it right the first time. They didn't bring enough glass breaks and then they charged me two installation trips because they had to come back. They gave me a credit and I called back because they started billing me incorrectly. I just gave up then just decided I'd pay the fees that they said were free even though I had to pay them and it's been fine since. I just figured it was a bait and switch kind of deal. It could have been better if the customer service team actually communicated with the people that were doing the installs, so that way they would come with a proper equipment at the first time and have a more reliable team, so you don't change your schedule to meet their needs when they don't even send someone.

MONI Security

Cartisha, It is very alarming to hear that you are experiencing trouble with you security system, and I completely understand your concerns with the warranty for servicing. As I mentioned in our phone call, I have added the warranty to your account, and we have also scheduled for someone to come out and service your system. If there is anything further I may assist you with, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. -Ashley C.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

On 9/8/17 the alarm stopped working. We were coming into the house with alarm activated but it wasn't going off. Now it wasn't just the front door. It is also the back door which we barely used. When I called of course I didn't have a warranty on my alarm equipment. But I was never told that I needed any warranties nor was I told this was my equipment. How are you doing your job monitoring me when the equipment isn't working? We just got this equipment less than a year and it is my fault? How would I know that the installer you sent shouldn't have installed recess sensors?

I've been with this company since 2008 now they are telling me they have to increase my monthly charges for a warranty I didn't even know I needed. This information was never given to me. I let all the little things go like the fact a few years ago they increase my monthly prices and the crazy extensions. When I called the rep told me it's my responsibility. The equipment is mines. All they do is monitor. Really my alarm system has been going off several times since I have been here and they haven't called not once to if I needed help. Now when I finally need help it is my fault.

I pay for monitoring service for peace of mind. Now I'm feeling completely robbed. How can you monitor something if the equipment the company provided isn't working. I would be able to understand if I had someone install this system against their request but I didn't. I wish this issue arisen before. I would of never sign up again.

Now today we wake up to a horrible beeping noise and I called again and was told it's the cell battery and I need to replace it. All my sensors stopped. This system isn't even a year old. I did have this happen in our old apartment but it wasn't a year after it was put in. It was a few years afterwards and all we had to pay was the tech $50. Now a warranty is needed. This is amazing that we are paying a company for services that they can't provide for a system that they provided and installed which failed.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE ALARM COMPANY KEEP LOOKING. We cannot protect our family this way. Why isn't this alarm not covered under my monthly payments. I never been late and been great customer. Just like my cable services is if I have an issue that can't be resolved over the phone they come and check it out. Is it too much to expect that same level of security from my alarm company too. Since the cancellation department was closed my issues with this company might just be increased...to be continued.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MONI?

MONI Security

Sammie, Our main priority is to ensure that our customers have a peace of mind with our security system, and I am overjoyed to hear that you have just that! We treat our customers like family, cause you are family to us. We thank you for this opportunity to secure you and your home. -Ashley C.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

When I added a warranty policy on my home, MONI was offered along with it. It was a great deal and a big help and I took it. The reps have always been able to handle whatever I needed in a professional way and in a timely manner, and my interactions with them have been great. Since I had the MONI services, I've never felt uncomfortable in my home.

MONI Security

Denise, As sad as it is for us to lose a valued customer, we never want it to be on a bad note. I apologize if this was not the case for you. I understand that you are looking to cancel your service. I have located your account, and will be sure to contact you with a resolution. -Ashley C.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I have had Moni Security for over 10 years. It has never worked correctly. In the past few years I have had several false alarms, even when the darn thing isn't activated. It got so bad that I just told them to ignore my alarms. I admit I did not let a technician come to check on it because I wanted to get rid of the system and my home phone. I finally called to have the system removed. They were so persistent it was uncomfortable. My sister had an even worse experience ending her service. They were more than persistent with her. They were not rude with me just too much pressure to stay. I am waiting for the paperwork to cancel the service.

MONI Security

Darlene, We know that every moment matters, which is why it is very important to us to ensure our customers have a reliable and trust-able alarm system. I am very grateful to hear that we have met your level of expectations, and we look forward to continuing to secure you and your home. -Ashley C.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Our house was already monitored by MONI Security. Everything was already set up by the previous owners. It’s working and what was covered was well orchestrated. I’m very satisfied with MONI and I like what was done. We added a system to our garage area because we’re setting up an office for my husband. The contractors are working there now and I know what door they open because my cell phone can communicate to me everything that is going on. I like that service and if the contractors don’t close the door, I’ll let them know that they didn’t seal it before they lock up. I’m happy right now and I’ll look more into the camera services that MONI Security has once we move in.

MONI Security

Dan, I apologize if the we have fallen short of your expectations, as it is never our intentions to cause any frustration to you, as we truly value our customers feedback and want nothing more than to turn this negative situation into a positive. I have found your account with us and will be reaching out to you to discuss this matter further. -Theresa T.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

We put in Moni after a burglary in March with the install done by Direct Protect. Since install we have had dozens of false alarms on sensors. The alarms go off in the middle of the night and during the day on different sensors when no one is home. Moni and Direct Protect are a joke and would not recommend them to anyone. We wanted to have a sense of security after our burglary and Moni has only frustrated us because we can't rely on the system. It has been a month since we were told the tech would contact us and fix the issues. Ridiculous...

MONI Security

Jessica, When it comes to your safety and security, no problem is a little problem to us. I love hearing that you have a peace of mind with the system, and that you would recommend it to others. We truly thank you for this opportunity, and look forward to securing you for years to come! -Ashley C.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

The MONI reps were very helpful, friendly and courteous, and they seemed to care about the silly little problem that I had. We have our little sign out front and on the side so people haven't come by on our corner here and they haven't robbed us. We're grateful for that. MONI Security has been very good for us and we'd recommend them to anybody else who might be interested. Overall, look into what they're telling you and understand. If you don't understand, then ask again because it's a great system to have.

MONI Security

Rose, It means the world to us to know that our customers can have a sense of security from anywhere in the world with the smart phone application! We are always here when you need us, and I am glad that we have not fallen short of your expectations. Regarding your concerns with the pricing, I would like to speak with you and discuss this more in depth. I have located your account and will be in touch with you shortly. -Ashley C.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Moni's system was a bit more updated than other providers. It didn’t take them long to set the system up and they took time to explain to me how it works. I like the Skylark doorbell with the camera. I feel secure because I can see who comes to my door and I can answer from my phone. I was having a little problem with my system so I called their customer service. They told me what was going on and what needed to be done.

However, when I signed up with them, the rep who came around tricked me a little because he told me that I would be paying less than what I was paying my old monitoring company. When everything was done over with, I paid more. I called him but it didn't do any good. I got tired of dealing with him and let it go. Other than that, having their system installed gives me a peace of mind especially since I lost my home in 2015.

MONI Security

Chad, Here at MONI we understand that circumstances may change unexpectedly, which is why we always want to ensure that we are offering the best options that suit your needs, and I apologize that we have not been able to do so with your situation. I have located your account and will look into this matter more in depth to provide you with a resolution. I will contact you directly, once I have completed my research. - Theresa T.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

We recently sold our home and want to cancel our service until our new home is built. This company will cancel it if we pay the next 8 months, even though we don't live in this home anymore. They should give us the option to hold our account until the new home is built. We will not continue to carry service with a company that will not work with us. I am sure they would not want to pay 8 months for a service they are not receiving. I think there are other companies that will accommodate us better.

MONI Security

Manuel, Thank you for providing us with your positive feedback about your MONI service. We take pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied, and would like to thank you for remaining a valued customer here at MONI. If there is anything further we may assist you with, don’t hesitate to call us.-Theresa T

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

There was a guy from MONI who came over and offered us this security service provider and we took it. The installer did a good job. He just asked questions if he could drill a hole in the wall to go access the plug that was on the other side and I was okay with it since there was no plug access to where he can mount it. We now feel secured where we’re at. We’re in a mobile home park and it’s pretty well. My son and daughter-in-law always go in and out so having MONI is good for us. We just had one incident and didn't know what it was. The battery was saying low battery, and come to find out it got unplugged but other than that, everything has been good.

MONI Security

Renee, I would love to be of assistance to you with getting this matter resolved so that you can reap the full benefits of the system. I have located your account and will be sure to reach out to you directly to discuss this matter further. -Theresa T.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I went with Security Network when they offered me free equipment. MONI said they were the ones who put this installation in my house to begin with and it was time to change and upgrade it for no charge. I realized after a while that it might have been a ruse they used in the neighborhood to get into my system. I'm in a Leonora Home and the builder puts in a security system in every home they build. I also have them when I had ADT, so they automatically came with my security service. My alarm system keeps falling off and I called them once about the system. They talked my husband through how to do it, and that was fine. I was told my warranty time is off and when I closed the door today, I noticed it slipped off again.

I realized that a screw is missing out of the system and I refuse to call MONI because I don't want to pay to have them come out and check on anything. Also, when I called in to MONI, there was no empathy or concern in the voice tone. Their people need to be better trained on customer service. If I get ready to call in, I call about six or seven numbers before I finally get to where I need to be, and that's aggravating. I want to talk to a person with some empathy and some customer service. My daughter lives one street over and I told her to stay with the people she was already with. I would not have this company but before I can switch to anybody else, I have to wait till my time is up.

MONI Security

Richard, I cannot express how wonderful it feels to know that our customers truly have a peace of mind with our system! We aim to ensure your satisfaction and sense of security with us remains high, and we thank you for choosing MONI! -Ashley C.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was pleased with the installer who came out. He was knowledgeable and answered any of the questions I had about the system. We feel safe now that their system has been installed and we've never had problems with it. Overall, we had an excellent experience with Moni.

MONI Security

Don, We truly cherish our customers and want you to feel very safe and secure with MONI. From reading your post, it looks like we have met your expectations as a security provider. We thank you for the recommendations and for choosing us as your additional sense of security. -Theresa T.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

My stepson recommended MONI. I've had it for less than a year now. Purchasing the system went very smoothly and my experience with MONI has been good so far. I’d recommend them.

MONI Security

Carl, Hearing that we have been able to live up to your security standards lets us know that we are doing exactly what we have set forth to do. We are honored you have chosen us to be your security provider and we look forward to many many more years to come! -Theresa T.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

We're doing fine with MONI. Their willingness to help's the most positive part of speaking with them. Then they just came in, did their job and left. Overall, I'm very satisfied with my experience with them.

MONI Security

Julia, Julia, we want you to have all of the equipment that you need to feel safe and secure. I have located your account and I will reach out to you soon.

Thanks.

-Jason E.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I have been a faithful customer for 6 years until I actually needed something--2 extra key FOBs. Moni has been unwilling/unable to service their own security systems! I requested 2 new key FOBs 3 months ago. After over 8 service visits, all I have is 1 broken key FOB and my original, still working, one. Their inability to schedule techs (who arrive unprepared and without the proper equipment) over and over and over again is exhausting. Can you imagine taking off work that many times without any resolution to a simple issue? Their refusal to provide basic services causes me to question if they even care about customer service.

Beware!!! You will be let down and not supported. Calling multiple times will not resolve the issue and customer service will not help. Go with a professional organization who will service your system or at least upgrade you if necessary. They have not even offered to upgrade my system since no one seems to be able to service it.

MONI Security

Despina, You recently provided us with some invaluable comments about your experience with MONI. We wanted to let you know that it is our mission to improve on all aspects of our business, so that we can continue to ensure our customers are being provided with first class service. If there is anything else that we could have done to increase your overall experience, please don’t hesitate to let us know. -Theresa T.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

MONI’s security system is working okay so far. There is a delay when it's armed and disarmed but they said that's supposed to be like that. I'm not too comfortable with the equipment and I don't know how good of a quality it is 'cause I used to have ADT before in my other house and we never had any issues from the time that it was installed. With this one, I've had to make a few calls regarding equipment but customer service is excellent.

MONI Security

Carolyn, we are happy to hear that you’ve taken the steps to secure your home with MONI’s award winning monitoring service. We are pleased to hear of this positive experience you have shared with us, and we look forward to securing your family for many years to come. -Theresa T

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

The guys at the store were the reason I chose MONI, plus it was cheaper than other service providers. The alarm system worked and it's been good so far, except for the false alarm. It has been a great experience overall.

MONI Security

Ruby, It is very important to us to ensure that our customers are aware of the systems use and interaction. I am very glad to hear that you feel safe with MONI, as we wouldn't want it any other way. If you are having trouble with the alarm system at home, we would love to help you with this. Please call our Customer Tech Support at 1-800-447-9239, and they will be able to assist you with this. -Ashley C.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

MONI Security came to our home and we got talked into it. The guy who came to install was nice. The gentleman from customer service I spoke with was very helpful, informative, polite, and I appreciated the service that he rendered me on the phone. He put forth an effort to help me resolve my concern at the time and it was a good interaction.

When I’m not home and they call, I don’t get the phone calls. So, I had to update my phone numbers. They would call the house when the alarm has gone off and then they call the police department, then the police come and then I get one bill with $98. My last bill was $200 and some because they came out and then they walked away. Whereas, if they were calling me on my cellphone, then they could have made contact with me. It bothers me that I end up paying more than what I was paying before for the other alarm system that I had but I like MONI’s system better and the box is easier to work with. I know how to set it when I’m away, but it's a concern when I’m in the house. So, I need to read up on my guide a little bit more in reference to how to use it.

MONI Security

Joseph, We love hearing how pleased our customers are with the installation and service we deliver. Our goal is to provide you with a convenient and user friendly alarm system that you can rely on, and I am grateful to hear we accomplished this with you! -Ashley C.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I’ve been using MONI as my security service provider. What I have is the very basic and the cheapest system. It was an excellent price for the service offered. I've had ADT before and as long as it wasn't ADT, I didn't care. Phone installation was excellent. When I called the sales rep, they sent over a technician for the phone installation and the technician was absolutely super fabulous. They called when they were headed out. We had a prearranged time window for installation and he drove about 30 or 40 minutes away. Came here and did the installation, which is absolutely super, going through everything. We had to take out the old panel, put in a new panel box and all because it was analog on the telephone originally, and that's all they had. We upgraded a few things and went through it all.

The technician was very clean and very particular at how he did things and super friendly. The installation was a breeze. He went right through some things and took care of it. He also explained the systems, showed other options that would be available should I decide to add any more and suggested the maintenance plan for a few more dollars a month. He was fantastic.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

MONI Security

John, Here at MONI we understand that circumstances may change unexpectedly, which is why we always want to ensure that we are offering the best options that suit your needs, and I apologize that we have not been able to do so with your situation. I have located your account and will look into this matter more in depth to provide you with a resolution. I will contact you directly, once I have completed my research. - Theresa T.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I have never felt so assaulted as a customer! We recently sold our home and it will be some time before we buy another - I don't need the service for some time. Trying to cancel the contract and MONI wants the remainder of the contract paid - almost $3000.00!!! This is absolutely unheard of and has caused me to lose all confidence in their practices. Their services worked just fine for the time that we were customers, but now I feel MONI is trying to take advantage of us. I chatted with a Makayla in order to process the cancellation and she did her part in trying to keep me signed on - she was obviously doing her job. However she would not initially give me clear answers about what it would cost to cancel.

After about 35 minutes into my conversation with Makayla, I was passed on to a Bikalo ** and he proceeded with the same runaround despite my insisting that I wanted to cancel but was unwilling to pay the remainder of the contract. As an example I asked him if he went to his cellular phone provider and wanted to cancel early if he thought that it would be reasonable to have to pay for the remainder of the contract? Bikalo's response was no. He went on to offer me a 30% discounted cancellation penalty, still coming up to over $1700.00 - not reasonable at all. I offered to pay up to 2 months for cancelling the contract early - he didn't think that this would work and was unwilling to put me through to someone he thought could come up with a better option.

I was put on hold repeatedly throughout the conversation with both Makayla and Bikalo - no doubt a tactic to frustrate a customer. :( I also asked who he was talking to when I was being put on hold, supposedly he wasn't talking to anyone else. ;) I also asked him if his pay or performance would be graded negatively if he proceeded to help with my cancellation - he said he would not be negatively impacted, but Makayla would!!! WHAT!!! Some shady practices - shame on you MONI.

MONI Security

Lynne, I hate to hear that you have had such a terrible time trying to change the battery in your motion detector, as we would never want it to be as you have described. I would love to assist you with this matter and ensure that we get this resolved for you quickly, so that this is one less thing that you would have to worry about. -Theresa T.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I received an automated call stating a low battery on one of my motion sensors. I checked the Moni website, which directed me to YouTube for a video of how to change the battery. This is the most poorly designed piece of equipment. You need to hold down 3 tabs and then try to wrestle it apart to access the battery. At best there is about 1/4" to try to grab onto, to pull it apart. Well, 3 broken fingernails and still wouldn't budge. Then I tried using a knife - still won't come apart. Now my choice is a service call with a fee for a new sensor (they can't just send a new one because it needs to be calibrated) or to find another provider. It shouldn't be this hard to replace a battery! Very poor design - now looking for other options because I refuse to pay for a service call!

MONI Security

Debra, Your peace of mind is our main priority and hearing that we were able to provide you with that is amazing news! Please know that we will be here for you no matter what the case may be, as we want to ensure we are addressing all of your questions and concerns that you have. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! -Theresa T.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

We're very satisfied with MONI. We haven't been broken into so the sign out front is working. When I called them regarding my bill, I talked to a very nice gentleman. However, the app doesn't work 100%. Sometimes we have problems turning the system on and off from the app.

MONI Security

Lawrence, Nothing makes us happier than to know that you have had a great experience with your system and with the service you have received. I am so happy that you have chosen MONI to be your security provider, and anytime that you are in need of assistance, please feel free to give us a call. -Theresa T.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

MONI’s system was able to get signals out in the area where I live and it’s been okay so far. Since installation, I feel more secure because I have continual security whereas I didn't have it before. I had one issue with a couple of doors that the system said it was open but they weren't, but it eventually went away. Also, the only time the alarm went off when we'd make a mistake and set it off.

Factual basis uncertain

MONI Security

Heather, After reading your review, I can understand why you might be frustrated. If you initially have agreed to a lower rate, we want to ensure that we are honoring what was promised to you; I apologize, if this was not the case. I have your account information and will call you to address your concerns with the rate increase that you have described. -Theresa T.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I'm a business owner of a new business. All accounts and spending needs to be accounted for so I know how much money is needed to go as we don't have a padding yet. The first year in business was great with this company. The amount was locked in. I knew exactly how much was coming out and when. After my first year anniversary, I noticed that the price started to change a little bit. I didn't think anything of it until. I noticed that they increase started to double and they increased in frequency too.

I originally signed up from a guy in my BNI networking group with not knowing how the business was going to do and that the building was only leased for 1 year he said it was a month to month contract. Today when I called today (9 months to go to the end of a 36month "contract") on the status of my account and to terminate the service they state I have a contract for 36 months and I would have to pay out the remaining for the policy. They could not tell me what the increases were for. They would not back date the increases to apply to future monthly payments, and they would not tell me what the future payments could get to. If you could choose another company does it. They hire unethical reps. They are unethical in their billing. (If you're going to increase your rates come right out and say, "We are increasing it for Blah Blah reason." Don't do it where your hoping people will not notice.) This company is shady!!! DO NOT USE THEM!!!!

MONI Security

Leroy, I very concerned to see that your experience with trying to terminate your account has been everything but positive which is not in line with the direction MONI is heading towards. I have discovered your account with us and will be reaching out to you directly to discuss this matter further and ensure that this matter is handled accordingly. -Theresa T.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

This has got to be one of the worst contracts in the world. Not only do they try and lock you in for 5 years, they also want a 30 day notice... To cancel after said contract. How much more money can they suck out of people??? Glad that contract is over.

MONI Security

Maryln, I am overjoyed to hear that you love the service from both MONI and CRS. Your happiness means everything to us, and I am glad that we have been able to resolve any problems that have arisen. We thank you for being a part of our MONI family, and we look forward to many more years with you. -Ashley C.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Moni is the actual monitoring entity and CRS is the company that we deal with, and it’s a seamless interaction. The Moni touch pads are better and easier to use than what we had with our previous alarm company. One of the reasons we went to the local company was that they charge very little. When we were first getting everything organized and settled in, when you change things there’s always something that works too efficiently or not all. We had some problems with a doorbell camera and the CRS people at our level were extremely attentive about getting it fixed. There were these different steps to go through because it was a very complex issue and at the end of the day, it was really fair that the same man came out several times before the problem was fixed all the way. But it wasn’t his fault because the people that he contacted at tech support told him what he should do next.

We weren't even charged yet for all these little visits from the main tech guy that we like. They really want to make happy customers out of this, so we’re happy. They’re accessible and good. When the alarm went off and we got home, there was the security guy in a car in front of our house. Moni probably contacted CRS and CRS sent the guy.

MONI Security

Roberto, Your satisfaction and happiness means everything to us here at MONI! We understand that things may happen, but we are ALWAYS here to help resolve them, and in a timely manner. I am glad to know that we have someone coming out to assist you with this matter. If there is ever anything additional we may assist you with, please don't hesitate to contact us. -Ashley C.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I’m satisfied with MONI's service, but I'm not satisfied with what happened. There were some weird characters that were coming out on the monitor. MONI tried to fix it, but they asked me to reboot by taking off the battery and then unplugging it in the wall. When I was about to install the battery, it was just too much and I couldn’t do it. This is a different kind of battery. So, I gave up. I thought of having somebody to come in here and MONI is trying to help me. They’re sending a technician next week. At first, they were charging me a little bit. I told them it was a little bit too much and then they lowered down the price for the payment of the dispatch. So, I’m okay right now. So far, it’s good.

Expert Review

Erin RaubAlarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.    More about Erin→

Founded in 1994, MONI Security is now one of the largest home security companies in the United States. Authorized dealers are located in all 50 states, offering easily customized, tech-savvy alarm systems at mid-range cost. The company, a subsidiary of Ascent Capital Group, serves over a million residential and business consumers.

• Customized equipment: MONI Security offers many equipment brands in different price ranges. The company's offerings are comprehensive, extending beyond basic security to home lighting control, keypad door locks and remote-access thermostats. Product availability varies by location.
  • HomeTouch automation: MONI Security remote home security allows you to perform an array of tasks via computer, smartphone or tablet: arm/disarm your system, tweak your thermostat, lock your doors and even check your appliances from afar.
  • Backup power sources & monitoring: Redundancy is the name of the game: two power sources ensure you never lose security coverage, and multiple monitoring channels ­– Internet, phone line, and cellular – guarantee your system is always connected to the monitoring station.
  • Specials: MONI regularly offers specials for new customers. You can visit the company’s website or contact a local dealer to learn about current specials and discounts.
  • Equipment: MONI Security device selection differs from its competitors. Before making a commitment, verify that your local dealer has your desired devices available.
  • Best for Homeowners, tech-savvy shoppers and hands-off consumers.

MONI Security Company Profile