It's that easy Get a Free Quote
3.78/5
Based on 579 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

(Previously MONI)

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Brinks Home Security™ is one of the largest home security alarm monitoring companies in the U.S. Headquartered in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Brinks Home Security secures approximately 1 million residential and commercial customers through highly responsive, simple home security solutions that are backed by expertly trained professionals. The company is supported by the nation’s largest network of independent authorized dealers, providing products and support to customers in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.

Brinks Home Security™ Gallery (2)
Consumers Choice Award Winner
A+BBB Rating
Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Security Systems J.D. Power
View More View More

2297 Brinks Home Security™ Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 18, 2018

I sold my house and transferred the keys to the buyer on a Sunday, called Monday morning to cancel my Monitronics/Brinks home monitoring service. It took 53 minutes in total on the phone, being transferred twice (an 'account manager' has to cancel all services). Was told I have to write a letter to cancel service, then it has to be "reviewed", and I have to receive a phone call to finalize the cancellation. Really?

This is obviously done to squeeze another billing cycle out of their customers. But it's for 'my protection' that I have to pay another month, even though I no longer own the home being monitored. They are dealing in bad faith and I wish to warn potential customers that they make it easy to sign-up for service but logistically difficult to cancel. I recommend potential customers to avoid monitoring services and instead install do-it-yourself web based home security. Do yourself a favor, stay away from this service!

Brinks Home Security™ response

Robert, We are displeased to hear of your recent experience with us as this is not how serve our customers. Brinks strives for the highest customer satisfaction and so i can provide you with such i have located your account with us and will be sure to reach out to you to resolve your matter accordingly. -Jacob B

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I called Brinks last night for two reasons. I wanted to have note added to my account that I did not want a year's free service and to apologize for being a jerk face. I was very upset how my neighbors were treated by Brinks. At first they were told they didn't qualify because their address couldn't be found. When I called on they're behave, I live right next to them (neighbors) I was told they failed the soft credit check. Keep in mind, Brinks never asked permission to do the soft credit hit. These are older folks with cancer. I fell very protective of them. So I went off on (I was still civil since I know what it's like to work in a call center and get irate customers. Customers tend to more cruel over the phone.) the manager I spoke with, Matthew **, at one point, asked me what would it take to make me happy. I sarcastically said a year's free service.

After taking some time to think about, I felt horrible. So I called to apologize and to have that note added. The rep said that was no problem because she could edit the note on the account since she created the original note. I never got to my apology. That simply blew me away that a company has software that allows them to edit notes on a customer's account! I did research. Frontpoint and Vivint do not allow notes to be edited. So why is this important? Should a customer have some sort of dispute, the company COULD edit documentation to the favor of that company. I just don't know to say about this.

Now, I'm sure someone from Brinks will respond and do some sort of insincere spin on things, like they did with the folks wanting to cancel contracts because of elderly loved ones passing. I do regret and deeply apologize for my behavior with the Brinks reps and managers. I'm just not that customer. But the ability for folks to edit customer notes is completely unethical.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Patrick, At Brinks our customers safety and satisfaction is our top priority, and to hear that we haven't been able to provide you with this is shocking. After further review, I have not been able to locate where you called and spoke with our sales department. If you could provide me with more information on this matter, I will be able to look into this more in depth. The reason I am requesting for additional information, is due to us also having authorized dealers that also setup accounts for us to monitor, and I want to ensure that I get you to the correct place to resolve your concerns amicably. –Jacob b

Original review: June 16, 2018

My 85 year old mother-in-law has recently had to move in with my wife and I due to chronic medical issues. We submitted doctor's letter and provided information to Brinks/Monitronics to cancel the security service and was told she still had to pay 22 months on her contract even though she has sold her house and moved out of state to live with us so we could give her the care she needs. She has had the Monitronics security for many years prior but now it seems out of the blue Brinks is saying the contract was renewed recently. We cannot see how this was done without consent. Be very carefully with this company.

Brinks Home Security™ response

John, We are so sorry to hear of the condition your mother in law is in. Here at Brinks we take special consideration when it comes to our elderly customer and so i want to be of further assistance ; However i have not been able to locate her account with us. If you could please send us a direct message with her account information i will be sure to reach out to you and her and resolve this matter amicably. -Jacob B

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 14, 2018

Will not let me move without fee or cancel!!! without outrageous fees. I called to establish a move, but they informed me that I would have to pay 199.00, even though it is not mounted. When I called a year ago to move from Georgia to Texas it was the same thing, forcing me to pay up, buy their new unit or extend for 2 years, and I did. I realized that this is something that should be illegal. I will check on that. This is bad practice. I also realized that this was something they will always do, that is make it really hard to get out. I started off with their name as a different company, they switched to "MONI" now to Brinks. I want to cancel simply because of their bad practices. I get the feeling they are forcing people into something and I will not be forced to do anything no matter the threats of paying more money.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Barbara, Please know that we never intend to make any request a difficult one. Here at Brinks our customers mean the world to us. I want to ensure that we resolve this matter and by doing so i have located your account and i will be sure to give you call so we can address this accordingly. -Jacob B

Original review: June 13, 2018

I've been dealing with Moni now Brinks and I tell you, this company has the worst customer service, the worst tech service and have made no provisions for trying to rectify the problem. My equipment NEVER WORKS. They refuse to assist without charging me additionally for services. I pay $62.99 a month for this HORRIBLE SERVICE but yet my cameras aren't picking up anything. THE WORST. THIS COMPANY SUCKS.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Stephanie, My goodness we definitely do not want you to feel this way regarding services. We Brinks strive for the every customer interaction to be a good one. I have located your account with us and will be sure to reach out to you to address your concerns. -Jacob b

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brinks Home Security™?

Original review: June 13, 2018

My account put on hold 3/6/18 because House was sold and have until 7/2020 on contract. Our new house isn’t complete yet but I’m concerned I’m paying too much $61 when friends in area paying $30... called yesterday to find out about canceling what the cost would be but no definite answer. The guy was rude and just said, "You have to pay out that contract..." ok what’s the amount... He also stated I owe 20 months and when we go into new house that will add another 32 months... WTF. Yea I was pretty pissed! We don’t need any equipment because it’s all done by builder but now you wanna add another 32 on top of the 20 months. This place is a rip off! It has been 4 names since I’ve had them! How the hell do you get out of a stupid contract!

Brinks Home Security™ response

Gina, Oh no! i am so sorry that you have had this kinda of experience with us please know we never want to cause any frustrations for our customers. I have found you account with us and will be sure to reach out to you and resolve your concerns. -Jacob B

Original review: June 13, 2018

We have been a customer since 2 companies ago. They have changed business names several times. When you call, they put you on hold and then disconnect the call, ONCE you request new yard signs and decals. I see many other reviews same as this. If you are now “Brinks”, I want my yard sign to say so. And, the service price keeps going up. My alarm goes off and I never receive a call from them. So today, I call again and say, “I want to buy service”. I get someone online right away. Once I state about new Brinks signs, I’m back on hold and disconnected.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jill, The kind of experience you speak of is intolerable and please know we mean to cause any inconveniences. Here at Brinks we always want to provide our customer with the best possible experience and with that being said i have located your account and will be sure to reach out to you and address your concerns accordingly. -Jacob B

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 12, 2018

In November 2016 my mother passed away unexpectedly. We called to cancel the contract for her security system and we were told that since my dad was still alive and he had signed the contract, he would have to pay it off. We agreed to pay it until the contract ran out and were told it would be no problem to cancel then. Contract ended in April 2018. Called to cancel service and the madness started. My father is 93 and in failing health. They insisted on speaking with him. I put him on the phone and he requested the cancellation. Now I am told they will need some 4 digit code to access the account. I don’t know this code. Of course, now I am told to send in a copy of my dad's driver’s license so they can do a verification, then they will create a new 4 digit code and then we can cancel.

Here we are in June. Still not cancelled. I have sent in copies of my dad’s driver’s license, my mom’s death certificate, power of attorney, etc... Tonight was the final straw! They called about payment for the last two months. Once again, explained the entire story. Told them I have sent in all this documentation. What do you people not understand? My father is not going to pay you anymore. He is 93 and he cannot afford this. We did everything you asked, paid out the contract and we are being punished. Then the guy tells me we are in a new 5 year contract until 2023. I need someone to provide this contract. My father is not capable of signing one so I know it doesn’t exist. Absolutely despicable! I was so mad that I called back and asked for the highest ranking official on duty. Of course, no supervisor or manager on duty. I need to call back tomorrow.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jill, We are deeply sorry for your loss as loosing someone is never easy. Please know that we never intend to make any request a difficult one here at Brinks. In regards to your fathers account i have located it and i will be sure to reach out to you and resolve this matter amicably. -Jacob b

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 9, 2018

Why pay monthly installments and get in a contract with any of these companies when there are so many solutions out there for FREE that take care of your home security at the same level? I sold my home 5 months ago so I had to cancel the service for 2 main reasons: I currently live in a high security building and the service provided was not the best at the high cost of $45 per month. Multiple times my alarm went off and they didn't even call to ask for my security question nor the police came. Other times it went off for no reason. Be aware when companies need to push a contract to hold customers hostage and not because their service is worth paying them for the service.

I can’t trust a company to provide for my security when their only interest is obviously themselves and not the customers. At least, there should be a cancellation fee and not the remaining balance of the contract like a punishment for not being content with their service. These type of contracts should be illegal since there's no customer protection or good faith in them. There has to be a balance in place and federal laws should protect customers from these abusive companies. I will NOT recommend any of them, but specially Brinks Home Security or Moni or ADT or whatever their names become tomorrow, cause they change all the time.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Ivanska, I hate to hear that you are having some regrets regarding your choice in choosing Brinks, as we would NEVER want you to feel this way. With that being said, I would love to speak with you regarding your concerns about your contract so that we can discuss this in depth. I have found your account with us and will be sure to contact you directly. - Jacob b

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 6, 2018

I have been trying for a couple of months now to get service canceled. In April I tried to access my account through the website... You can "manage" your account, make a purchase, but not initiate service cancellation. So I called... No they can't do it over the phone. Asked about going to a local office... Nope not an option. I was told I had to mail in a letter with certain information, which I also did in April. It's now June and my service is still not canceled, still can't do it over the phone, can't initiate action on the website, and they conveniently say they never received the letter I mailed in April. They verified I had the right address when I called.

Now they tell me I can remail the letter or they can send me a link in an email to digitally sign. Funny the email option was not offered before. Plus I'm told it will take 24-48 hours for the email to get to me. The account manager can't send the email like other businesses, it must be routed through Support Services first. It sure seems Brinks Home Security™ is doing everything in their power to drag out the cancellation process by making it difficult to get done and force me to pay for a service I no longer want/need/afford and requested cancelled in April. So I'm now paid/paying for at least two additional months.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Jan, Here at Brinks we strive for the best possible customer service and to hear that we are unable to provide you with such. We definitely want to make this right for you and resolve this matter, i have located your account and will be sure to reach out to you today. -Jacob B

Original review: June 4, 2018

I had Monitronics, then Moni, and now Brinks and asked when I should call to cancel to fulfill my autodraft. I wanted to cancel because their cost was 74.99/mo (it increased every few months from the original $45 and they told me it was in the contract that they could raise prices at any point and there was nothing I could do about it). Other competitors charge less with more features (camera, etc) so I wanted to end the contract. When I tried to call, I was on hold for an hour and a half. Then, they closed (at 5:30) and it disconnected me. That was last Friday, June 1st, 2018. Today, I tried to call (June 4) and was on hold for an hour. It kept saying my hold is at least 10 minutes. That is the same thing it did last Friday until it disconnected me. And today, after ONE HOUR, it hung up on me.

Long story short - They will not cancel your contract or your auto draft - they will try to upsell you each time you call, then request a cancellation in writing, then claim they never got it, and then when you try to call to protest, you will be on hold for at least an hour every time, and the cycle will start all over again. This is a shady business with shady business practices. Avoid. There are smart alarms you can buy on Amazon that don't have a monthly charge.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Erika, Oh no! We are taken back to hear of your recent experience with us, please know that we never want to make anything difficult. Here at Brinks our customers are our pride and job other than security of course. I have located your account with us and i will be sure to reach out to you to resolve this matter accordingly. -Jacob B

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 2, 2018

Brinks' reps came up and interviewed me. I was also thinking about getting a security system that time so I went with them. Their CS reps have alerted me when needed and they have been good. I got two door sensors and alarms on the wall. Apparently, one was screwed up while I was gone. My son was here then and took care of it. If I have any needs, I’ll call Brinks.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Johnie, Thank you so much for leaving us this review! We are happy to hear that we have taken care of all your needs here at Brinks. We are always here for our customers so please don’t hesitate to ever reach out to us. – Jacob B

Original review: May 31, 2018

MONI has been around for a long time. I had a different provider when they knocked on my door and I switched to them because they offered a good deal. They got me some new features versus what I had and I was ready to update. So, they came to me at the right moment. The salesman also sold me some stuff and it seemed to me like he was trying to sell me as less as possible. I had to show him all the rooms and he told me that I didn't need certain things. When I was trying to get extra sensors for my window, he told me that they were not gonna do that and that it would cost me more. So, I ended up settling.

Other than that, MONI has been great and I got real good things to say about them. I had my alarm go off a couple times and they called me. I also had a lot of questions but they were friendly and they were never trying to rush me off the phone. They responded immediately as well and if they had to call me back, they'd call me within the time they said that they'd call me.

I called them about upgrading my system, too, told them what happened with the sales rep, and they tried to do everything they could to make it work for me. They told me that looking forward, the upgrade wasn't gonna cost me so much and they were gonna to do everything they could to make me happy because they understood. They tried to give me not a lot of discount, but they tried to make the equipment fit my needs. And I was really impressed with what they were trying to do. Even though I felt like there was so much they weren't able to do, they did everything they could and I was happy with them.

When they came down and added a few extra sensors, they charged me very little for it and let me pay it in installments. There were other companies that offered less for more but MONI has been there for me, so I'm gonna stick with them. I also know that if I need something, they'd be there to make sure I got what I needed. They're an awesome company and I've recommended them to my family.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Alejandro, The review you have left us today is breathtaking and we greatly appreciate you as valued customer! The experience you have described is exactly what we want to replicate to all of our customers. Thank you for choosing Brinks as your trusted home protector. –Jacob B

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 30, 2018

I broke a contract that has a longer period than I thought it was before the end of the contract. I was promised that a new company was gonna pick that up, but they did not. I was really not happy with the person I talked to at tech support. The company that I went to, Protection 1, split and they sold half of the customers to Monitronics. I’m paying what I have to pay and I do what I have to do. I pay my bills as best as I can. But I wasn’t particularly crazy about the handling that I got from the tech person in Monitronics because I had been promised by that company that they were gonna pay this contract off. I got another guy and he asked if I had that in writing. I said, “Well, who has that?” They don’t do that stuff, so it’s all good and I’m paying it off slowly but surely.

Monitronics sent some notification a few days ago in my daughter’s email and I found out that their new name is Brinks. When they were Monitronics, everything was okay. I needed to call in for service when the system went off and they helped me through whatever I had to do to calm it down and get it straight. The monitoring people handle their business. However, I’m paying more than I was paying before and it’s not any better than ADT. I was paying $39.95 before, but now, I’m paying $45. Protection 1 has gone to ADT now, and Monitronics now has gone to Brinks so everybody’s been moving around. Nevertheless, I have a couple of cameras around and I have the system, and they work. The monitoring part of it is great, but the business side of it is not so much.

I have been blessed because if I call the monitoring people, because I’ve got a little problem with the system and it’s going off beeping and screaming which I cannot tolerate, they help me get it together. I am an 80-year old woman with some visual problems. And 90% of the time, I am at home with my husband who is also a senior citizen. And fiddling around that box is not on the top of my list of things I wanted to do. But overall, when I’ve called in, I’ve got good service and always kind-hearted people who are patient and go with me while I try to see what I’m doing and figure out what they’re telling me to do.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Flora, your security and peace of mind is what we strive for. I am glad to hear you are enjoying the service, and I hope we can provide you the same great service you've come to expect from Brinks for years to come. -Jacob b

Original review: May 29, 2018

My homeowner’s insurance gave me a 20% discount on a home security system and Brinks was the first one that I got. The people at Brinks were great. The reps were gracious and good and the installer did a good job. The equipment they gave me was everything that I wanted and it was great. And the one only time that I needed to call them, they solved the problem right away. However, I felt the cost could have been cheaper, so when I found a cheaper price, I switched. I have ADT now but I will recommend Brinks Home Security and tell my friends to get the Brinks system.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Emma, Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that you are no longer a part of our Brinks family. We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave this great review and dearly hate to see you go. Please know that Brinks always welcomes new and previous customers back to our family. Thank you and have a great day! –Jacob b

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 27, 2018

There were lots of break-ins in our neighborhood so I needed something to protect me and my family. My brother-in-law had MONI and I went to his house and liked the set-up that he had so I got the same thing that he had. Their reps were good and so were the installers. The main guy came over here with the two technicians and they were all very helpful and knowledgeable. They all knew what they were talking about.

I have MONI's home video camera which I always have a hard time with. If I’m not working and I’m trying to access the camera, it always says there’s trouble connecting. It makes me wait a long time before I can see anything on there. I don’t really like that part. The doorbell camera is good though. But because the indoor camera is not all that great, I think that the cost is kinda high because I could probably just get a camera installed and have it connected through Wi-Fi and not have to pay a monthly fee on it. I’ve tried to get rid of the service but I know they charge a fee so I’m just gonna wait it out and possibly purchase my own camera.

Overall, I like MONI except for the camera that doesn’t always work and the customer service that's kinda hard to get a hold of. When I call for questions, it's a little annoying sometimes because they close at certain times. And so if I have questions later on in the evening, they can’t really help me and I have to either leave a message or wait for a callback which turns into another day and when they call back, I’m not always available. Thus, I would not discourage others from getting MONI but I would let them know what I like and don’t like about it.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Nancy, Here at Brinks we strive day in and day out for the highest customer satisfaction possible. Even though we are truly grateful for this positive review we, still want to ensure we address all of your concerns mentioned. With that being mentioned, I have located your account with us and will be sure to reach out to you today to discuss your conerns further. –Jacob b

Original review: May 26, 2018

My husband is a multi-platinum artist and we were robbed in the recording studio building. We decided to do private productions and created a recording studio in our home and we got a great alarm security system to take care of us. MONI sent over a wonderful sales rep who told us exactly what we were gonna be needing. He thought that we should have all of the windows and doors done. He was very thorough with us and he even did the garage because the garage doors lead into the part of the recording studio. The installation was perfect too and we had no complaints.

We've had our Monitronics system for almost eight years and we love it. It immediately alerts both my husband and me when our alarm goes off. We both get a text and my son gets a text as well because he’s not too far from my home and we were able to add him to it. He'd come right over and check on our home in California if we were up in Minnesota. I’m renovating a house in Minnesota right now and I can get on my phone and look up my whole house in California, my alarm system and everything. It’s awesome.

My alarm system lets me sleep at night and I know that everything’s all right. I absolutely have no worries. People should get this system, 100%. I have everybody’s number including that of the representative and I'd just hand it right over. My brother-in-law down in Bay Area has the same alarm system. My daughter-in-law and her husband have two homes and they have the same alarm system too. In fact, we got him hooked up with Tran who was the representative.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Brenda, MONI is so gracious to have such wonderful customers who are willing to share their positive feedback about the experiences that they have had with us. Here at MONI, we take pride in the level of service we provide, and please know that we will continue to duplicate this same experience with our customers for years and years to come! –Jacob B

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 25, 2018

We've got three buildings in this church facility covered. Brinks' price was right and they had the features that we needed. We got their security system and the technician did a great job installing it, initially. But they brought the wrong color lock so it was delayed at least three weeks before they could get the correct color and have someone install it. Also, the door lock was defective. The reps told me door locks were covered. In the end, it worked out but it wasn't the smoothest process. They could have owned that whole interaction if it's not my fault. There was way too much effort and everything was put on me to get it resolved when we hadn't had this service for six months yet.

I'm the facilities director so in terms of me getting everyone set up in the system and having everything run smoothly in a timely manner, it was inconvenient. We rent out one of our facilities to a couple other churches so the goal was to not have to chase keys around and be able to give them a code and terminate that code once the relationship has been terminated. But the technicians got it done and I was able to get everyone all the codes and all the users set up in the system. It's a good system and I'd recommend it. Some of our parishioners have signed up for the service since I installed it on the church. But the customer service and the technical follow-up needs to be worked on.

Brinks Home Security™ response

George, We take pride in the level of service we provide to our customers and I am happy to hear that we have been able to assist you thus far. If you are having any concerns with your system please give us a call, we would be happy to assist you. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. -Jacob B

Original review: May 24, 2018

When my husband passed away I called MONI Security and asked to close the account. They refused saying I had a contract. I have been paying for 5 months and I think this is wrong. Why should I have to pay for something I no longer need?

Brinks Home Security™ response

Evelyn, I would like to send my condolence to you for your loss. Please understand that we never intend to make any request a difficult one. I have located your account, and I will be sure to reach out to you today to resolve your concerns. – Jacob B

Original review: May 24, 2018

Called to cancel our service - well beyond the contract terms. After several sales pitches to lower our monthly rate - they finally said ok and would send a email for us to sign and cancel service. We were told it would take up to 4 days for the email to arrive. Never came so we called again. Another sales pitch. Allegedly the email has been sent again. Was told this time it could take 24-48 hours. I'll update you in 48 hours. Pretty much every other company/service I've needed to cancel was handled easily over the phone. Add that we were mislead into even signing up leaves a very bad experience with this company. And it's not over. Very frustrating.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Carole, Please know that we never mean to cause any inconvenience to our customers, and apologize if we have in this case. We strive for customer satisfaction with each and everyone one of our customers. I have located your account and will be sure to reach out to you today to resolve this amicably. –Jacob B

Original review: May 24, 2018

I wanted to try out a home security system and I went with MONI Security. The installation was simple as well, the technicians were knowledgeable and the quality of the equipment was okay. I call MONI to pay the bill and interactions with them have been easy. The cost is affordable. I would recommend this system to friends and tell them to give it a try.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Annette, I am so glad to hear that you have had a great experience with us overall. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this awesome review and recommending us to friends. –Jacob B

Original review: May 22, 2018

Looking into cancelling our service due to an unexpected move due to the death of my spouse. Moving into a relative's home because I'm largely broke due to her slow decline. The company tells me that I'm responsible for the remaining portion of my contracted term. I'm fully aware of the contract terms, but I'm surprised that there's no "special circumstances" rider in the contract. My now deceased spouse is one of the signatories of the contract. "We can take 20% off what you owe," while better than nothing, is like using a squirt gun to try to put out a house fire. Now granted, I wasn't a customer for a long time (Almost 2 years), but I was never late or missed a payment. I lost confidence in the system when I started getting false alarms at night and stopped using it altogether. Thanks for re-traumatizing me about my wife's death, I appreciate it.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Eric, I say this with the upmost sincerity, I am truly sorry for your loss. It also saddens me more to hear that you had to endure such a rough time when calling in to cancel. It is never in our desires to make it difficult for a customer to cancel, especially when they’re going through a tough time. On behalf of myself and the company, please accept my dearest condolences. I have located your account and will reach out to you regarding your request and recent experience calling in. Thank you – Abraham C.

Original review: May 19, 2018

We originally purchased the system because we were just replacing an older version that we had. For the most part, I was pleased with the service. Also, I would be interested in upgrading my system to something of a better technology. Nevertheless, I haven't had any major issues with MONI at all. And every time the alarm went off, they responded.

Brinks Home Security™ response

John, amidst the spark of confusion that you had when calling into the company, your recommendation of our services and fast signal response time is greatly appreciated. I truly apologize that you had to endure that moment of question. Please allow me to reach out to you and answer any questions or concerns you have regarding your account or the company. Again, I thank you for your lifting perspective into our services.

Original review: May 18, 2018

There were break-ins in the neighborhood and Brinks is a good home security company and they’re very responsive. They weren’t Brinks at the time I got them but they had a better deal and a better system. I worked with a third party to get the security system and things were okay at the time. But if I were to do it over again, I would go directly to the company. Nonetheless, the installation went very well and the service technicians were excellent. They taught us what we need to know and we didn’t have any issues for the first year install. And then we took some upgrades later. The features and the quality of the security system is average. Still, I’m happy I have it.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Kevin, Reading your review was a great way to start off my day! We are always striving to be the best that we can be, and from your review, it sounds like we are doing just that, as you are very satisfied with us. We thank you for being a valued customer. –Jacob B

Original review: May 17, 2018

I feel more secure since having Brinks in my home. I had had one before with ADT and ADT did me wrong. I didn’t want them back. And there's no comparison to the one I have now. This one is much better for me. Unlike the previous one, I have a little keychain that I can set my alarm. If I get in the car and I had forgotten to set it, I can set it with that little keychain. Also, I have another little alarm that I can use when I’m upstairs. I’m older and I can’t get up and down the stairs as good. And that helps me an awful lot if I wanted to set the alarm off. Aside from having a very good equipment, their customer service is excellent. I have no problems.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Ernestine, I am overjoyed to hear that we are able to provide you with a security system that is convenient, while also giving you a peace of mind! I speak for the rest of the company in saying that you are a valued customer, and being able to provide you with such a user friendly experience, places a smile on our faces. Thanks again! – Abraham C.

Original review: May 16, 2018

We had recently been burglarized and there was an old system in place but it was not up to current standards. It was mostly deactivated and basically not operating well. It was present in the house when we purchased it and there was no information on it other than the fact that there were signs and there was a box on the wall somewhere in the garage. It had been a couple of years since we had Brinks Home Automation installed. The installer was very good and was very accommodating to meet our need as far as when it could be done due to our work schedules. He did a thorough job of explaining what he was doing as he was doing it. And also, after it was installed, he explained how to operate it. He was professional. We actually had investigated ADT and MONI was a better value for the price. I’m perfectly satisfied.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Donna, Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that you were burglarized. We hope that everyone is okay, and we are glad to know that we are able to provide you with and safe and secure alarm system that will deliver an additional sense of security to you and your home. We welcome our customers with open arms and are glad to have you as a part of our family. –Jacob B

Original review: May 15, 2018

I moved into a new home and I was unsure about the community. I called around different security systems and then I got my home security from Brinks. The installation experience was very nice and positive. The system is modern and high quality. It is a system with good features and it allows me to feel secure in my new home, and I enjoy the service.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Ursula, Congratulations on purchasing your new home! We are stoked to hear to that you have chosen us to protect you in your new location. We thank you for sharing this amazing review with us and we look forward to serving you for many years to come. –Jacob B

Original review: May 14, 2018

Stuff have been happening around in our neighborhood. I had ADT for years and their price kept going up about every quarter. When the alarm went off, it took them a minute to call so, I was not happy with them. I could have been dead by that time. Also, it takes a while when you call them. I got Brinks Home Automation now and I like that Point Security, the company that put the system, is locally owned. They had some issues with the battery on the main panel during the installation and come to find out, the power run was too far. They got it a little bit closer to it, plugged it in and had no more battery issues. With Brinks they call within 10 seconds if the alarm goes off. I have all the features that I need and they are cheaper than ADT. I have recommended Brinks to a couple of my friends.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Bruce, I am thrilled to read your glowing review. From our customer service representatives, our installers, to the monitoring of your day to day service, we are always here to assist you in any way that we can. Thank you for being such a valued customer! –Jacob B

Original review: May 13, 2018

I have a Brinks home security system and when I first got it, they told me that I wouldn’t have to pay for the installation if I put the sign in front of my house for a year. The gentleman who came to install the system explained everything to me and he was on time too. And while the customer service was okay in some cases, there was one terrible case. I asked if I could be credited one month and the girl told me okay and gave me a credit of $5. But then the next month, $88 was withdrawn from my account and I thought they were crediting me in the account. In addition, I have been with Brinks for over a year now and I thought that I would get a discount but I was told no. I would also have preferred to have a camera but I wasn't able to get it. I wanted to change my system but they told me that I have to stay for five years, and I didn’t like that either.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Tracy, The experience you are speak I reference to is saddening to hear, as we never want our customers to endure an unpleasant experience. I have located your account with us and will be sure to reach out to you and resolve this matter amicably. –Jacob B

Original review: May 12, 2018

I went with MONI as I like the package that they offered with the panels, cameras and monitor system. I am very satisfied with the features offered in it. I have the app on my phone and I'm able to set my alarm through that. The system's functionality is awesome. Since having it installed at home, I feel very comfortable. I know that I can leave out of town and feel safe that my house is monitored, and I have access to my cameras and am aware of the notifications when the door is opened or if I didn't shut it correctly. When I was having issues with my doorbell, the representatives were able to help reset it. They were pretty expedient and patient. They were also prompt. Overall, I like the MONI system and I highly recommend it. I have got their business up to a few other people who are interested.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Sabrina, We are so excited to know that we have done everything we can to make sure you are safe and protected. We look forward to being there for you whenever you need us. –Jacob B

Brinks Home Security™ expert review by Erin Raub

Founded in Texas in 1994, MONI Security is now one of the largest home security companies in the United States. Authorized dealers are located in all 50 states, offering easily customized, tech-savvy alarm systems at mid-range cost. The company, a subsidiary of Ascent Capital Group, serves over a million residential and business consumers.

• Customized equipment: MONI Security offers many equipment brands in different price ranges. The company's offerings are comprehensive, extending beyond basic security to home lighting control, keypad door locks and remote-access thermostats. Product availability varies by location.

• HomeTouch automation: MONI Security remote home security allows you to perform an array of tasks via computer, smartphone or tablet: arm/disarm your system, tweak your thermostat, lock your doors and even check your appliances from afar.

• Backup power sources & monitoring: Redundancy is the name of the game: two power sources ensure you never lose security coverage, and multiple monitoring channels ­– Internet, phone line, and cellular – guarantee your system is always connected to the monitoring station.

• Specials: MONI regularly offers specials for new customers. You can visit the company’s website or contact a local dealer to learn about current specials and discounts.

• Equipment: MONI Security device selection differs from its competitors. Before making a commitment, verify that your local dealer has your desired devices available.

• Best for: Homeowners, tech-savvy shoppers and hands-off consumers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Brinks Home Security™ Company Information