toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

MONI Security

John, This is Golden! I cant express how excited I am to see that we have left you with a positive impression for the service we provide here at MONI. We recently were honored with the JD Power Award for the Highest in Customer Satisfaction in the alarm industry. We thank you for choosing MONI and look forward to protecting you and your home for many years to come. -Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

At the time that I signed up for a home security service, MONI seemed like the thing to do because of the service that they provided. I feel safe with MONI. So far, I’m happy with their product and what they’ve been doing for me. I have no problem with anything that they’ve done. I like it.

MONI Security

Hattie, Reading your review left me speechless. We are beyond thankful to hear that you have almost fully recovered, although we hate you had to experience something like this. The new MONI is all about ensuring we are providing our customers with the fastest response time, especially in times like this. Thank you for sharing this review with us, we love hearing how we were able to be there for our customers and make a difference like this. -Ashley

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

My next-door neighbor had MONI put in and I told them I had to have one too because I was going to be living by myself. Their tech put it in for me and I’ve been happy with it ever since. If I didn’t have it, I’d have been dead. One time, I was vacuuming my living room floor and must have gotten tangled up in the cord because the next thing I knew I was looking at the carpet. I had fallen and broken my hip and didn’t have my phones with me so I couldn’t get to anyone. I thought of the red button so I pushed it, then pushed it again and again. Help came and I told them that they had to break the door down or the window out but I thought of my son who had a key to the house so they got a hold of him and they took me to the hospital. I’m now getting completely over my broken hip. However, after I got through with it, the system wouldn’t work. They had to come and fix something about it. But, I got help and appreciate it.

MONI Security

Howard! Reading this review put a huge smile on my face! I love to hear about our valued customer's receiving the excellence customer service we provide. I would like to personally thank you for being a valued customer of MONI, and allowing us the opportunity to provide you and your girls with peace of mind! -Ashley C.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

Since installing my security system with Monitronics, my girls feel more secure if I'm not at home. I spoke with their team when my alarm went off. I was pleased with the service provided when they came to my home. Overall, I would recommend them.

MONI Security

Josefina, I am delighted to see that you have chosen MONI for your security company. Getting a security system was an excellent choice, especially with the number of break-ins that have occurred in your area. False alarm or not, you can always count on MONI to have the fastest response time. Thank you for recommending MONI and allowing us the opportunity to secure you and your family! -Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I live in a closed community, a subdivision, and about seven houses in this subdivision were robbed. After this happened, I couldn't sleep at night, and I'd get up and turn on all the lights with any noise I would hear. So one day I went to the mall, found the booth of MONI Security, asked the rep some questions, and signed up for the security service they offered. I like their service. They're very accurate and quick in their response to an emergency. The kids sometimes play with the key chains and hit the button a couple of times. I like that the MONI guys called right away, even if it wasn't an emergency, and were very fast in their service. I'm happy and I would recommend them!

MONI Security

Shawn, Your review brings music to my ears! I love to see a customer who is extremely pleased with our service. We aim to provide our customers with a comprehensive security, so we can deliver the peace of mind you are referring to. We look forward to protecting you and your family for many years to come. –Ashley C.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

MONI Security was cost-effective. They installed the system that I wanted, and were pretty quick and responsive. The installation took some time, but everything else seemed to be at a pretty good pace. I talked to their team a couple of times when our board was outdated and they had to repair it, and they handled the situation just fine. MONI is one extra peace of mind that at least the system is there to alert if necessary. They did good, and I don't have any issues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MONI?

MONI Security

Liz, I can’t express how happy it makes me feel, to see that you have had great service with us throughout your many years. With that being said, I hate to see you had a negative encounter while attempting to cancel your service. I would like to personally apologize for what you have had to endure recently. I can assure you that MONI cares, and for that reason I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly and resolve this matter. I have your contact and account information and will be reaching out to you shortly. –Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I used Monitronics (Moni) for close to 10 years. Great service. In October I canceled my service (following their required procedures) without any issues. Mid November I get a bill and I called to ensure it was the final amount. They assured me I owed nothing and the account balance was $0.00. Yesterday I get a collections letter from McCarthy, Burgess & Wolff 26000 Cannon Rd Cleveland, OH 44146. I called Moni and again was told they had zeroed out the balance but prior to that it was $79.72.

They assured me they had not sent it to collections and it was only 30 days since I closed the account. Regardless I made the payment anyway. They wanted me to call the above company to find out how they got my information and when I did this morning the individual on the phone started harassing me for the payment only saying Moni had turned it over for collections. I hung up! My stars below are based on this specific experience not Moni as a monitoring service.

MONI Security

Jim, Reading your review made my day! MONI knows that moving can be very hectic, which is why we aim to service our customers in the most efficient way. Thank you for allowing us to monitor your home when you are away, and we look forward to doing so for many years to come. -Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

We’ve only had very good service with MONI. We moved a couple of times, so we had dealings with customer service in getting equipment again to the new place and it’s always been very smooth. We’ve always had monitored homes and it makes us feel better when we’re away. We don’t monitor while we’re there. We don’t turn it on at night, but we do when we’re away, and it gives us more peace of mind. MONI is competent and professional.

MONI Security

Cassie, The experience you mentioned below sounds very alarming, and I am very sorry that you had to go through something like this. The interaction you described with our customer service is unacceptable, and I can assure you that this will be looked into and addressed accordingly. I will be contacting you directly to go into further details, regarding your review and concerns. -Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I had a break-in and no one from MONI called to alert me. My sister was home at the time and she pressed all the buttons on the thing like she was told and it did not send an alert. It didn't tell me anything was going on. When I got home, I called MONI and asked them why I didn't get a phone call. The customer service person was very rude and sarcastic and they all kept blaming me that it was all my fault. We went through some testing but even after that, they still didn't do anything.

Even when I switched to the new company that I'm with now, MONI took the panel off the wall and it took them two days to alert me. I paid them every month and I was a great customer to them, and for them to turn around and give me customer service like that is not acceptable. Before the break-in, everything was good and they were taking care of everything. But after the break-in, they need to improve on their customer service. I wouldn't recommend them to a friend because it's not what it's supposed to be doing.

MONI Security

Wanda, This review is a perfect example of MONI having the fastest response time. It brings me great joy to see that you will be a valued customer with us for many years to come! We focus on your protection so you can relax and enjoy your peace of mind. Thanks for sharing. -Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

MONI does what they're being paid to do. I don't have to worry when there's no one home, and if somebody does come, the police will be called so it makes me feel safer. One time somebody had opened my garage door and MONI contacted the police. They were pretty quick to respond. Their rates could be a little bit cheaper, but other than that, I have no problem at all and they're somebody I'll be keeping going forward.

MONI Security

John, We are extremely grateful that you have chosen MONI as your alarm provider, based on our comprehensive security system. This is the type of experience we love to see. Thanks for sharing! -Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

What made me decide to use MONI was the fact that they had all the wireless stuff like window sensors. I had very good conversations with their customer service team and all the service guys who've been out here have been great.

MONI Security

Joaquin, Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns with us as we love to hear what our customers feel about the service and system we provide. I have to agree with you completely when it comes to providing our customers with a thorough understanding of their alarm system and how it works. We provide a very comprehensive security system and want to ensure that the person using it can do so at ease. We will be sure to pass the wonderful experience you had with the technician who upgraded your system, as he will be pleased to hear about the great job he did! –Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

We had ADT and didn't like their monitoring services and Monitronics was a viable alternative. We've had Monitronics for a number of years now. We had an unfortunate break-in at one point and I had to speak with someone in regards to that. The call itself and the explanation was a good one and illuminating. There were some connections that we weren't aware of that they might have explained more thoroughly during the initial installation as the consumer doesn't really have a thorough idea of what an alarm system can and can't do.

When we first got Monitronics, it was connected to our landlines but now, we have the wireless where we have the application and I'm very pleased with the changes that have occurred. The most recent installer was very professional, friendly and informative. We continue to have that peace of mind that we are adequately protected and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to a friend or a family member.

MONI Security

Hello Matthew, First I would like to express my gratitude for the many years you have allowed MONI to monitor your home. It sounds as though you have had a very positive experience with our Executive Responsive Team, as we were able to address and resolve your concerns by upgrading your equipment.

Regarding your experience with the installing company and dissatisfaction with the Honeywell equipment, I would like to personally apologize for any frustrations or inconveniences you may have had to endure. If there is anything further we may assist you with, please don't hesitate to contact our Executive Response Team directly at 1-888-758-5900. -Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

We’ve been with MONI for over 10 years. Moni as a company on the corporate side is decent. They have great customer service. They’re willing to go above and beyond and handle situations that come from top down. I have reached out to the president, the vice president and anybody else in the executive team. I was able to voice my issues that I had with our new installation in our new home and they were very responsive. They were willing to do whatever it took to make sure that the issues were gonna be fixed.

We have door locks, video systems, window/door sensors, smoke alarms and glass break sensors. The door lock and cameras don’t work so we’re trying to get a new system. The next step is to have an installation and this will be our seventh visit from a tech. We’ve had the same company four times. And then they are bringing in another person who’s driving in from Illinois to take care of the situation because that’s their next possible solution.

Moni also carries a system called Honeywell. The camera system is sub-par and I can buy a camera at Walmart and get better quality than what they’re offering. They should do away with the Honeywell system altogether. It is bad technology. I can't even get online and view our video. I have to use the app because the technology that Honeywell offers is outdated. It’s requiring software plug-ins that are not available anymore unless I have a computer from 1995. The fact that they do not offer Wi-Fi capabilities on all their systems is also beyond me. I don’t have the best Wi-Fi signal and I’ve had to go out and spend my own money in order to get a booster in order to get the security system to work.

Also, Database, the installer service that partners with Moni, was horrible. They don’t know what they’re doing and they pull out the instruction manual. They’re also calling tech support. And there’s a company in Las Vegas that has installed us here in the Minneapolis area and they are the worst. It took them almost four hours to install a door lock with a Z-Wave system and then in the end, it never worked. The installers also don’t clean up after themselves. They wear their shoes throughout the house and they don’t have booties. They don’t represent Moni very well at all.

MONI Security

Shainna, Congratulations on your new baby! We feel privileged to be able to provide you and your family with a peace of mind. Your sense of security is our primary concern, as we want you to feel safer with MONI simply because you are. Thank you for sharing this awesome review with us and enjoy your little bundle of joy. –Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

When I bought the house, it was already installed with MONI Home Automation so I just went with the same company. Their customer service team were super nice when we spoke with them when we were originally setting up the system. I definitely feel a lot safer now whenever my boyfriend's not here because we've got a new baby. It's nice to know that if anything happens, I would hear it before anything.

MONI Security

Wendy, Our intentions for our customers are to provide them with exceptional service and nothing short of that. I can see where this may cause an inconvenience and/or frustration for you, which is not our intention in any way. Our standards on how our customers are treated from beginning to end are set very high, and I am sorry if you have received anything less of that. I have your account information in front of me, and will be addressing this issue ASAP. –Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

We used this service and it was acceptable. Not fantastic but acceptable. We had the service for several years. We moved and cancelled our service. They charged us for two months more than they said they would and have been harassing us by phone ever since. We have received over 30 phone calls in the past month of a recording from them. When we left and they called, we politely called them back and indicated we were not interested. Since then, they keep calling multiple times a day.

MONI Security

Monica, From reading your review, I can see why you may be dissatisfied with your alarm system. Our goal is to provide you with a comprehensive security system that works exceedingly well, and unfortunately, you have experienced the opposite of what we strive for here at MONI. I would like to speak with you and schedule one of our certified technicians to resolve your servicing needs ASAP. I have your account information pulled up and will be contacting you soon. -Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I switched services back in July. Ever since July I have had one after another issue with my alarm. I always have an error code on my box. They charge me $50.00 to come out and service their equipment. That has not worked since I started my services in July. The customer service is the worst. You will be on hold for about 30 minutes just for someone to answer the phone and hang up on you and you will have to call right back again. Since July I have had a tech. Come out 2 times and one is supposed to come out again tomorrow. Please run from this unorganized, bad customer service, non working equipment company. DO NOT, DO NOT waste your time or money with this company. If I can rate this company a -10, that still would be too high to rate my overall experience.

MONI Security

Cheryl, We are super excited to see you are enjoying your alarm system and the peace of mind it provides. Your review is a great example of MONI having the fastest response time in the alarm industry. I am very thankful to see that the possible break in you referred to, was only the wind and nothing else! I will also contact you to see what we can do to resolve your smoke sensor issue. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to secure you and your family, and look forward to doing so for many more years. –Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

A guy from MONI came to our door and offered free installation and instruments. All we had to do is pay for the monitoring. We’ve been broken into before so we decided it would be a good deal. There's a guy who come out a couple of times for problems that we’ve had and they showed up fast and fixed it. We’ve had a problem with our smoke detector and we can’t seem to get it set off with the warning. But other than that we didn’t have a big deal with them and we're very much pleased with the service provided so far. We set the alarm when we leave and we’ve had a call that we had it set off one time but it was my son coming home and he didn’t remember the code. And then I had another one that said that it was a possible break in when I was at work. It turned out that the wind had blown the back door open and I came home and fixed it.

MONI Security

Donald, This is nowhere close to the way we want to end a long term relationship with a very valuable customer. As a company who values our customers, we do give our ALL to try and retain every single one of our customers. With that being said, regardless of the outcome we never want to leave a sour taste in your mouth, and I apologize if this was the case. I have located your account and will reach out to you to investigate this matter further. -Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

After 8 years with Monitronics (now MONI) I have tried unsuccessfully (thus far) to terminate my service since moving to a different state. I spoke with a representative in October, and after a somewhat lengthy discussion regarding why I wanted to terminate and why I didn't want to move my service, I was told that my account would be terminated after I completed a form which would be mailed to me. Well the form never arrived (I had completed forwarding information before I moved and my account email address hasn't changed). One month later, no form has arrived, and I continue to get billed. I understand the hard sell to keep a customer as that seems to be the norm these days, but the missing form and continued billing irks to say the least. The service has been decent all these years, but terminating has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

MONI Security

Kathy, It is devastating to read the type of service you have been provided with recently, especially when you made the decision to remain a valued customer here at MONI. I have to agree with you, as the service you’ve described in this review is unacceptable. Your outside camera is supposed to provide peace of mind and convenience, and nothing less. I will be contacting you to get this matter addressed immediately, and ensure your camera is serviced in a timely manner. –Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I had Monitronics Security for 3 years. After the contract I decided to try U-verse security. When I called Monitronics to cancel the lady I talked to lied to me about something that was very important. I had to request that they listen to our recorded conversation. After doing so they honored the lies that she told me. I was happy at that point but now 6 weeks into it I've needed 3 service calls regarding my new outside camera and it takes two weeks for service to come out... The first week and a half the camera picked up everything and the whole thousand clips was used up. The outside camera has not been working correctly. It does not record when someone comes up to the door. But records when there's nothing to record.

I'm not a technician but I think something's wrong with the cameras sensors. I've been on the phone with their service department. Several times we change the settings that does not help. I'm very unhappy I've had this system originally for 3 years and just signed a new contract and I've had nothing but problems very frustrating. They did credit my account for the month that I couldn't use my cameras but I would much rather have the security. 2 weeks to get your service request filled is unacceptable.

MONI Security

Titus, It brings me great joy to read how satisfied you are with MONI! We value our customers, which is why our purpose is to be trusted providers through creating more security for you and your family. I can definitely relate to your concerns with the pricing. I would like the opportunity to contact you directly, so we can discuss this more in depth. Also, we will be sure to share this review and how satisfied you were with the installation by Platinum Protection. –Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

MONI's traveling salesman gave us some extra services that we didn't have before in our house so we signed up with them. I was pleased with the installation of everything. It was Platinum Protection that installed everything, while MONI is the monitoring service. We've been using them for almost five years now. However, the price of their service is $50+ a month compared to other services that are $30 and below. Nevertheless, I feel more secure now. We've added the mobile access to it so it’s no longer going through phone lines, so that helps out a lot. That increased the security too, so no one can come in and cut a phone line just to stop the service. Overall, it was an excellent service.

MONI Security

Parish, It hurts to see we have lost a long time customer, such as yourself. As you mentioned, you were very satisfied with the excellent customer service you have received from us. Although you may be leaving us, we wouldn’t want to change your perception of MONI to a negative one. No divorce is a positive one, but we would like to make it as easy as possible and convenient for our customers. I will be contacting you shortly to resolve this matter, and avoid this from escalating to a messy break-up. –Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Two months ago I looked into upgrading my Monitronics system after leaving a friends house and admiring their security system from another company. I called Moni, and they said that they do not qualify for the website promotions since I was already a customer (8 years I might add). I asked them what do I qualify for since I have not had an upgrade since joining the company. To my surprise, I had nothing nor were they going to offer me any promotion. I was upset, looked around to change, but decided to stay because I did like their service. I decided to wait to cool off and see if they offer something down the line. Two months later, nothing so someone approached me to see if I would be interested in their service and decided to change since Monitronics again after I called a second time would not budge of upgrades.

It was now time to cancel my service, and while I was talking to their representative Alex who by the way was friendly and helpful. She comes out of the blue, and all of sudden say that I qualify for all kinds of free upgrades and promotion. Sadly, I said it was too late; I already signed a contract with the other company. This is where it started to get a little irritating. Now I have to wait for 24-48 hours while I wait for paperwork from another Moni department to officially sign a cancellation request. A phone call was not enough. I don’t understand that if the person you talk to cannot cancel your policy and this is not the process, then why not have a portal on the website with the cancellation form ready to go?

Additionally, she told me there is some processing time and that I will be liable to pay two months of service extra!!! I am extremely upset simply because when I first started with this company it was easy to sign up and take my money. However, now as we enter this divorce it seems that is becoming messy and ugly. We will see what happens, but as I looked further on the internet, it is looking like it is going to be a very messy breakup. I hope not because I want to remember this company that provided me with excellent.

Resolution response: Nov. 25, 2016

I'm updating my rating and changing it from 3 stars to 4. The company responded not only to this review but directly over the phone to discuss the various issues brought up in my review. The Customer Service Rep was helpful and seemed very concerned about the issues raised. As a result, my monthly charge has been reduced through the end of the contract, and we'll be reviewing our options with a more positive stance towards Monitronics. I feel this is a great example of their good customer service.

MONI Security

Rita, I cannot express how happy I am to see the positive customer service experience you’ve received with MONI. In regards to the price increase, I completely understand where you are coming from, but I hate to see this has placed uncertainty in your continuation with us. Please know that this matter can be easily addressed, as we would hate to lose one of our loyal customers. I have to agree with you when it comes to there being several options for home monitoring and technology; however, MONI's main focused is providing our customers with Comprehensive Security, and the fastest response time when it comes to your alarm system. I will contact you directly to further address your questions and concerns. –Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Overall, the service has been okay. It's a contract monitoring service (usually with equipment and installation included) - make sure you read everything in your paperwork. We're 4 years into a 5 year contract. Just recently, we noticed our monthly monitoring fee rose from $49.99/month to $52.48/month. This happened in April 2016 but we just noticed in now since our payment is an auto-draft. The auto-draft is great for convenience but if you're not in the habit of reviewing your monthly invoice, you can get a nasty surprise. Our pricing went up without notification from the company, and while the increase is minor, several other of our monthly expenses rose this past summer so now we're reviewing everything to cut costs.

We've had bad experiences with other alarm companies in the past (especially in regards to cancelling), so we're a bit sensitive about those types of things. After reviewing the contract, we see clearly that it states "Total of Payments for the initial Term is $XXX (Plus applicable levies, charges, taxes, fees, fines, and rate increases)". Now, I have to say that their customer service has been good on the few occasions we've had to contact them regarding issues with the alarm. They have been helpful and pleasant to deal with in that regard.

I came on this site to read the reviews and have learned a few things, good and bad, about the company. We haven't made any decisions about whether we will continue with Monitronics, seek another monitoring company, or go the DIY route; there are so many options out there now and new technology, it may not be necessary to have constant monitoring by an outside vendor (besides, based on some reviews and reviewing the contract, they're not responsible for anything if something goes wrong, such as a failure to summon police, etc., in the event of a break-in or fire, so really, I have to wonder what's the point sometimes). We have some unique security needs in our household so more research is called for to find out the best option for us.

Just a note, also, regarding who may be trying to sell you this service. It was an independent salesperson who sold us on this. Part of the spiel was that someone would be contacting us every two years to inspect the equipment to make sure it was operating properly and to review our needs as a household to see if we needed upgrades, replacements, etc. That turned out not to be true. Question everything they tell you and make sure it's in the contract.

MONI Security

Lina, It is truly our pleasure to be able to provide you with this exceptional customer service. Your review is a perfect example of the customer intimacy level we are working to achieve and maintain with our customers. We thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us and happy holidays! -Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I'm very satisfied with MONI. They respond fast whenever we open the door. They send me a message right away. I've also spoken to customer service once and they helped me a lot. They answered everything I asked about. I would recommend MONI. They're a good service provider.

MONI Security

Marcus, It’s really great to know how appeasing your alarm system has been for you. We’ll be sure to pass along this awesome experience to the sales representative. It is our pledge to ensure that our customers have a positive experience from the time their system is first installed, all the way through to the monitoring service we provide. The interactive services that you mentioned, gives you added protection along with the conventional methods of using your alarm, and we’re glad to see that you’re taking advantage of this feature. -Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

My wife and I were planning on getting a security system and the MONI sales representative happened to be the first one on our step. Their system was up to date and he showed me how it worked. The customer service was great too. One time I was trying to see if they had any available upgrades and they sent somebody out. The guy they sent then told me I was eligible for an upgrade for the window or the shutter window protection. He came on time and everything was functioning fine. I like the system since day one of using it and it's a lot easier having it. We feel a lot safer and the system lets me know or I receive a text message in a few minutes if a door is left open. We've also had people come over the intercom the whole night and the police jump in out here. So I'm very pleased with MONI. They're very professional and everything they told me is what was tested and what I received.

MONI Security

Joe, We love to provide our customer with the latest and greatest technology, as we strive to stay ahead of the burglars. Not only do we have the fastest response time, we also have excellent and proficient technicians who are able to get the job done in a timely manner. Your review proves that MONI takes care of our customers, and we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to do so. –Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

I had ADT security before and if its power was cut-off, we would not have security. The Monitronics rep told me the difference with their system and that’s the main reason I changed. I was really sold on the idea that if somebody would cut the wires, the ADT would not work and theirs would and I just took his word. I felt that it was worth the change at the time. One time, the system was giving false signals. They came over, tested the whole system,and replaced the item that scans in the living room movement, and there was no charge. I'm satisfied with them.

Nell,

I am proud to see that you are taking advantage of all the latest features we have to offer. MONI will always be here for you to clean up where you feel you have messed up. I can truly relate since I sometimes forget to disarm my system in the morning. So don't worry, it is completely normal.

Theresa T.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

MONI has more to offer. I always use their home automation, and everything has been fine. I have a couple of times when I messed up. Usually, it's when I do something wrong like forgetting to leave the key, leaving the alarm on when the cleaning lady is coming by accident, and that was a mess for me, but the customer service handled the mess well.

Resolution response: Nov. 17, 2016

Received a phone call from a rep who was very apologetic.

MONI Security

Peggy, Our customers are extremely important to us, which is why we go above and beyond to try to satisfy and retain all of our customers. With that being said, we never want anyone to feel as though they are being forced to stay with MONI. Your happiness is our main priority, even when we may be losing you as a customer. For this reason, I will be looking into the interaction you had with one of our agents, and providing the necessary feedback to ensure this does not occur again in the future. –Ashley C .

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

I called Monitronics to have my security system temporarily stopped due to renovations. My contract had run out, so I didn't have any obligation, or so I thought. They told me to just unplug it and let them know when renovations were complete. They said I would still have to pay the monthly fee. The salesperson was extremely arrogant, very rude and overbearing. The renovations took longer than expected so I called to cancel since I didn't want to continue to pay while it was not operating. They said if I did that it would cost a lot of $$ to have it turned back on later. Again, I dealt with a very aggressive salesperson. So I kept it approx. six more months.

Then I called them again telling them I wanted to permanently cancel. The salesperson was again VERY rude and aggressive telling me I would have to sign some paperwork and do a lot of complicated things before they would cancel. So I went to my bank and canceled my automatic draft. They just would (and will) not accept the fact that I wanted to cancel my service.

MONI Security

Debra, Your review is a perfect example of what we are aiming for here at MONI; More than anything, we want our customers to have a peace of mind and feel secure! It is very exciting to see how satisfied you are with your system and with MONI. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to secure you and your home. -Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

I wasn't happy with Vivint, and I liked the price, the deal, and everything that Monitronics offered. I talked to the customer service team about replacing some batteries and they were able to tell me what I was looking for to replace the batteries in and I was able to turn the thing off until I could get it replaced. The system makes me feel more secure at night. That’s usually the only time I turn it on unless I’m going to be totally away from the house and the dogs are in a kennel because my neighbor usually takes care of my dogs when I’m gone. Overall, my Moni experience has been very positive.

MONI Security

Ronald, In reviewing your account, I show we have received your cancellation request. Although, we never want to lose a valued customer such as your self, your request to cancel should have derived in a positive manner. For the privacy of your account, I will not go into the details of your cancellation request. Instead, I will be contacting you directly, so we can discuss and resolve this issue privately. -Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

Only two negative reviews? Hard to believe. Perhaps people across the country don't know how to review a business that's out of state. I recently completed a three year contract with Monitronics. I no longer needed their services, so I called them and asked them to terminate services. They forced me to listen to a sales pitch at the end of which they still refused to terminate my service. After two more phone calls a representative stated "I will send you an e-mail. If you do not see it in 72 hours, call us back." I could only imagine being subjected to a third sales pitch. I contacted them via US mail and received an e-mail after that.

Resolution response: Nov. 14, 2016

The company has called and addressed my concerns about the rate increases. I hope to continue to use them in the future now that they have resolved my issues with them.

Shane,

After reading your review, I can understand why you might be frustrated. If you have agreed to a negotiation for a lower rate, we want to ensure that we are honoring what was promised to you; I apologize, if this was not the case. I have your account information and will call you to address your concerns with the rate increase. -Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

This is the second time I have had to call them in regards to their rate increase. I previously called after their rates increased (and they charged me to send out someone when I specifically called and told them not to send anyone) and they advised that they could give me an awesome deal by LOCKING in a rate $10 lower (which was still 2x more expensive than other companies in the area) BUT they would have to extend my contract by another 18 months. I agreed to give them another chance but rates have gone back up this past year.

When I called to express my frustration of the rate increase in spite of the promise to LOCK IN my previous rate I was offered they could lower my rate again BUT, of course, they would need to extend my contract ANOTHER 18 months. When I told them they already promised to lock in my rates last time but still increased them they offered to lower it back to the original rate but would not refund the previous amount of the increase. Not happy with my dealings with them.

MONI Security

Ferdinand, This is wonderful news! We love to see when our customers are beyond satisfied with the protection we provide. We strive to adapt with the changes occurring on a daily basis, as we ALWAYS want to provide our customers with the latest and greatest technology available! Thanks for sharing this amazing review with us. -Ashley C.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

When the guy from MONI Home Security came out, he was pretty good and I just went with it. With the neighborhood changing the way it is, my sense of security has heightened more than before and I'm satisfied with MONI.

MONI Security Company Profile