Consumer Reviews and Complaints

MONI Security

Janne, This is great news! The new MONI is focused on ensuring our customers receive the latest and greatest technology, as we are committed to staying on top of the many changes in the ever-evolving alarm industry. To know that we have accomplished an excellent customer service experience with you, means everything to MONI. Thank you for being a huge part of our MONI family. -Ashley C.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I've been using the services of MONI since about 2013. I've had different security systems before, and MONI is better than the other security service providers. I like their prices better. And now, with MONI's latest technology, their systems are really modern and nice. I've dealt with their customer service reps many times, and they're very nice, and always helpful and solve problems very quickly. I sent the property manager out to meet the installers but during the first time, I had a technician that was a dealer for MONI, and he was wonderful. The MONI guys should just keep doing what they're doing. One thing I really appreciate is that people answer on the phone, which is very important. When you call MONI, it doesn't take half an hour waiting on the phone.

MONI Security

Lorraine, It means the world to us to know that we are able to satisfy your security needs. We know that every moment matters, which is why we strive to deliver the fastest response time to our customers. We thank you for choosing MONI, and appreciate that you would recommend us to others. -Ashley C.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

MONI happened to be in the neighborhood at the time, and I listened to the benefits and everything that they offered. Their prices were a little cheaper than the one I already had so I switched. I feel safer knowing that I have the security on my house. If the alarm happened to go off for any reason, the telephone rang to make sure everything was okay. I appreciate that and would definitely recommend them.

MONI Security

Eva, The experience you have just described is horrid. I am appalled that you have had to go through so many service appointments, and such a long time of waiting to have an opposable system that meets your security needs. Please allow me the opportunity to help resolve this matter for you. I have located your account with us, and I will reach out to you to help come to a resolution as soon as possible. – Lauren C.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Our alarm system is through this company for many years. Our nightmare started when we need to get our sensors replaced; because we got all our windows replaced in May. This is mid July now and up to now we still don't have sensors. Moni just gave the order to a contract company to install our sensors, and they don't follow up. The 1st contract company that got assigned to us are horrible, came one time and brought only 6 sensors where they should have brought 13; so we got rescheduled after several calls I've made to Moni. One month later same contract company came back to our house but didn't do the job because the guy said something is wrong with our pad. Left our house and never called back. I called Moni again, and they assigned us to a new contract company.

A guy called and said he doesn't know why I got reassigned to him, he needs to find out what happened to the previous company and promised to give me a callback for schedule. One week had passed, never heard from that guy. Called Moni again, and informed them that we are still waiting for our schedule. I spoke to 3-4 supervisors, all of them were saying they are working on our order. This is since May, for over 2 months now, still no sensors. Moni doesn't follow up or call us, I have to call them almost every week since May. I even send an email 3x already to their customer service team, no response except their automated email saying they will get back to me in 1-2 days. Moni is a big joke, I've never encountered any company like this. Please don't try doing business with Moni Smart Security also known as Monitronics.

MONI Security

Sunita, It saddens me that you no longer want to remain a MONI customer, and are wanting to cancel. I apologize there has been frustrations in trying to do so, as we always want to ensure the process runs smoothly for you. I have located your account, and I will reach out to you so we may discuss this matter to provide you with a resolution.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I had a 3 year contract that was also setup with autopay that ended in March 2017. I received a bill after that so I called to cancel the month to month monitoring. I was told I was still under contract and that I had verbally agreed to a 4 year extension on top of 13 months remaining from my old house. This is not the case. The service was cancelled at my old house and I still have the letter from Monitronics to prove that. I was told that there would be no buy out fee for the old contract if we agreed to request a brand new 3 year contract at the new house which is just what we did. They said we were unable to simply finish out the 13 months at the new house and insisted it had to be 3 years due to the fact that we would need some new equipment installed (even though the house did come already mostly set up).

So I called and requested a new system that came with free equipment and install for a 3 year duration. The only thing I signed was the tech order on the day of install that showed no charge for equipment. I never received or signed any contract in writing as I did in the previous home. I requested a copy of the phone conversation transcript. A supervisor was to locate the phone logs and call me back but that never happened. I know for a fact there is NO WAY I ever agreed to 4 years plus 13 months. That is absolutely ridiculous. I was a faithful customer that paid all bills on time and completed my 3 year commitment. I never received anything in writing and want this canceled as requested.

I continued to receive bills in the mail the past few months and phone calls from billing. I always tell them that my contract has ended and that there is an issue on their end which is why I am not sending any further payment or late fees either. They tell me to call back to an account manager during the day. I have done so 3 times already. When I asked for documentation after calling the 3rd time to try to resolve, I was told that they would send me my contract and to be sure to send in a cancellation letter which by that point I already had long done so carefully. All they had to email me was a copy of the original contract from the previous house. I am not under contract any longer and will not be bullied into paying for extended service I never requested.

I have read multiple reviews of customers in his same situation where the company representatives suggest that no letter to cancel was received on their end. Or to suggest that I need to resend and wait for an email confirmation on their end that never comes and they then suggest it has gone to spam... I am not playing any of these games. They are now threatening to send to collections. Completely unacceptable. I do not recommend Moni to anyone. Contracts seem meaningless to them and they seem to make up verbal extensions for multiple consumers from what I gather. For customers that pay bills on time and fulfill their commitment to the agreed upon term, there is zero appreciation upon cancellation - just a whole lot of bullying and threats of ruining your credit rating.

MONI Security

Michael, Its great to see a customer who truly values the additional sense of security that we provided here at MONI. We appreciate you taking the time to post your satisfaction with us, and we look forward to continuing to deliver you peace of mind. -Ashley C.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I always like having a security system. It's always satisfying. MONI bought the company I was using and I had find out when I had a problem. I just hope that when they are going to raise my bill, I’d like to know about it ahead of time, instead of seeing it on my credit card. Overall, the service provided by MONI seems fine.

MONI Security

Minnie, The experience you have described is the complete opposite of what we expect our customers to go through when reaching out to us for assistance. MONI aims to ensure that you always have an alarm system you are not only comfortable using, but also confident that MONI is protecting you and your household 24 hours a day. I have located your account, and would like to discuss this matter further, in an effort to help turn this situation into a positive one. - Lauren C.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I had a great service and I still got a few years more to go but my daughter wanted to go with MONI. They offered her a deal if she referenced a friend so she gave me and they came up with a deal to do her house and mine. I changed out my service because of her and I'm very unhappy. When I bought my house brand new, the company came in and installed but that was over 20 years ago and the sensors at my door went bad.

When MONI came into my house, they did not put their product in and just used mine. I found out the alarm went off and they said it was this door sensor and I just had to change the battery. I told her that I didn't even have their product because they never installed. She said they would take the responsibility, but they still charged me $54 and I couldn't understand that. It wasn't even their sensor to begin with. I'm sure if I had called my previous alarm company back, they wouldn't have charged me for it. I reached out to MONI and the rep gave me a hard time. Then they sent me a letter to tell me they were gonna deduct money from my account. I told them no and I was very unhappy with that.

My daughter's got a new house right now and I told her if her contract is not up the same time mine is, then we're gonna switch out and go with the company out of Macon, Georgia that I had service from for over 20 years. I have been with their company such a long time that they would give me perks. My bill was way less than what I'm paying now. I'm paying MONI $40 a month and I was only paying them almost $40 for three months. MONI doesn't give a good service. They've got the sign out there in front of my door, but I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

MONI Security

Oksana, Moving from one home to another is already a taxing ordeal itself, and our goal here at MONI is to help make this transition as smooth as possible. I apologize, as this has not been the experience we wish for a valued customer to receive. I would like to review your account to help resolve this matter. I have located your account, and will be reaching out to you shortly. – Lauren C .

Original review: July 14, 2017

3 years ago a salesman showed up at my doorstep and spent an hour talking me into breaking my contract with ADT and signing up with Moni Security (through Alfa). Both my husband and I remember that to his question, "Are you planning on having kids?" We said, "Yes, probably in a year or two, but we'll definitely move to a better neighborhood for that". We mentioned moving in a year or two at least 5 times, and not a single time the salesman mentioned that he's getting us to sign a 60 months contract! Moreover, he never even gave us an option of signing a 36 month contract, which is apparently available.

Now that we moved we're stuck with a 950$ cancellation fee. We're moving their service to our new residence in another state even though we don't need it, and extending the contract with them to at least get some service for the money they're forcing us to pay. Read the fine print you say? Well, do your business in an honest manner. It's impossible to cancel any business nowadays with them not screwing up OR revealing some "fine print" thing. The salesman absolutely tricked us into a contract KNOWING that we'd be moving soon. And he did not give us any contract length options. We will use Moni Security for the next 2 years, quietly hating their guts every minute of their existence. And of course we're telling all our friends and family to never ever use this dishonest business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MONI?

MONI Security

Ronald, We are dedicated to ensuring that we address all concerns that are presented to us, and I apologize if you feel we have not done so. I have located your account with us and would like the opportunity to address all of your concerns and as well as elaborate on what you have informed us of in your review. -Theresa T.

Original review: July 14, 2017

My phone was done due to faulty equipment from July 3rd to July 6th. I did not get a call during that time to see if there was an emergency since your security system is supposed to go through the phone lines. In fact I did not know that Moni Security was absorbed, I certainly was not welcomed aboard as a new customer to your business.

MONI Security

Robert, I am so glad to read we were able to accommodate you and your family into your new home, and that we were able to service your home and fix any issues you had! We have representatives here 24 hours a day to assist you even if it is just to let us know that everyone is okay! Thank you so much for all the kind words! – Lauren C.

Original review: July 14, 2017

MONI has great service and professional people who are nice to work with. They're in the development that we moved to. We had an issue with the doorbell opener. The storm broke the door open and the alarm went off because the wind was blowing. I had to call customer service to say that there was no problem and they were very responsive and understanding. Everything was fine and I'm very happy with the people. It’s comforting to know we got the system and the alarm right there. I would recommend it to friends.

MONI Security

Jesse, Not only do we want to provide you with the best possible service, we also want to ensure that we are responding to EVERY alarm we receive, even if its a false alarm. We love our customers and what we do here at MONI, and to see you feel the same makes my day! Thank you for being a part of our MONI family! -Theresa T.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Overall, we're very pleased with the service provided by MONI. We had ADT before and MONI is far superior because of their customer service. ADT would always have an issue. The alarm went off and they didn't even give a call back until hours later after the alarm went off so there's not much security there. We had MONI in the past and were always happy with them. The installers showed up on time and did a good job. They also did some extra things that needed to be done all free of cost. We feel secure that when we turn the security system on and something happens, we’re being notified right away and that action’s going to be taken. MONI is an innovative company as well because of all the offerings that they’re starting to put with a lot of the home automation stuff, the additional security features and door locks. We have a basic system but have the ability to control everything from our phone app for our security system.

MONI Security

John, It breaks my heart to hear that you have had trouble with the equipment that was initially installed and the upgrading equipment recently negotiated for. Please know that it is never our intention to run into any trouble with the installation of new equipment: however, when this does occur we strive to resolve any and all issues that may arise. I have located your account and will be sure to reach out to you with a resolution, once I have completed my research. -Ashley C.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Bottom line: These guys promise and can't deliver!!! So I signed up for MONI starting in 2013. I was promised a remote garage door setup. It never worked and they were unable to fix it. That problem was never resolved but I had signed the contract so there was nothing I could do... 2017 comes around and I eagerly call to cancel after being stuck with undelivered promises for 3 years. Custom rep says, "oh we've got a deal for you, we'll give you a Nest, a wi-fi doorbell, and fix the garage issue." The installer arrives on Monday and isn't able to get the doorbell to work because of some "wi-fi" issues. I call customer service and they promise even more *free* items to keep me as a customer.

I went ahead and purchased a $90 repeater and put it by the doorbell so we could ensure success. Scheduled the next available appointment and wasted another 4 hours of my life. The wifi worked, but the motion detection on the doorbell doesn't work. The company says it's a known issue. Gotta question why they are installing non-working products. They also said they were bringing a "Google Nest" but when he arrived it was not in fact a Nest, but some off label ripoff brand. We never got any further than the doorbell, I fell for the scam twice, but it shouldn't take multiple trips to install the equipment. Gotta feel for the installer, good guy with no backing behind him! These guys promise and can't deliver!!! Anyway, needless to say, 3 strikes and you're out!!!

MONI Security

Nancy, It breaks my heart to see that you are not satisfied with the experience you have had while attempting to terminate your contract early. Please know that MONI understands that life happen, which is why we offer options to help out customers in times of need. I have located your account and will be sure to contact you to discuss this more in depth, and provide you with a resolution. -Ashley C.

Original review: July 13, 2017

My fiancé and I work in the oil and gas industry. We've both experienced financial hardships. I tried calling Moni to cancel our contract even though I knew our contract was for 60 months. The man told me that he would charge me a lower payment for the current month, and if I needed to, I could call back the next month, for the next 2 months and they would lower the payment again. I said I wasn't interested and asked to cancel. He then proceeded to tell me that I would owe the remainder of the balance on the contract.

I tried to get him to understand that I couldn't even make the monthly amount due, how could I possibly come up with thousands of dollars to satisfy the account? He then mentioned the lower payment. At that point I didn't have much of a choice. I took the lower payment. My question is, if you can lower the payment for a few months, why can't your lower my contract payment permanently, since we are still going through financial hardships? At this point there is no end in sight and $70 a month is quite a bit of money. If I could afford to buy us out of this contract and go with ATT, I would. Shop around people.

MONI Security

Tina, I am appalled by what you have described in your review, as this is the complete opposite of the type of experience we intend our customers receive when reaching out to us for assistance. We take pride in the level of service we provide our customers, as this is definitely not in line of the direction we are heading towards. I have found your account with us and will be sure to reach out to you to discuss this matter in detail. -Theresa T.

Original review: July 13, 2017

A system was installed in November 2016. The door lock has never worked. I have called 3-4 times from November-December a few times in 2017 and just decided to give up. The techs come and set it up then an hour later it no longer works. A representative went as far as to say they didn’t have to work because it's a " luxury". What?? The last time I called they wanted me to buy a new product and hope that it would work. Next we had an inside camera that stopped working once we put in a new stringer router. We were told we had a year warranty so we thought no big deal.

We called and they offered us a new outdoor camera for free. We really didn't mind. Well two transferred calls later and 45 minutes on the line and they offer us a new camera at 300 bucks. Huh? The reason is they say the camera is not "broken" but stuck in a loop due to an update. Oook. Well we can't use it so it's broken! I have two home monitored with them and will be canceling as soon as possible. I have recommended my neighbors and hope none of them have contacted them!

MONI Security

Harold, Here at MONI we aim to ensure that our customers are receiving top of the line security all while providing a reasonable price that anyone can afford, so that your home may always be protected. I am so thrilled to read that we have been able to meet all of your security needs, please feel free to reach out to us anytime you are in need of assistance! -Theresa T.

Original review: July 13, 2017

MONI Security was cheaper than the service that I had at the time and I've been satisfied with their service. I called to find out what would be involved in keeping the MONI Security service working and I chatted with a very nice gentleman who told me about that. The interaction was pleasant.

MONI Security

Amelia, It brings me great joy to see that we have met your level of expectations in the security and service we provide. We know that some problems may arise,and to see that we have resolved them to your satisfaction means the world to us. We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to secure you and your home! -Ashley C.

Original review: July 13, 2017

We were using the predecessor to MONI and bound in a contract with them. I once talked to Moni's customer service and it was a very positive experience. A door sensor was not functioning and they sent me new equipment overnight. Then as soon as I got it, I was able to get someone on the phone immediately to help me get it installed. They handled it perfectly and the problem was solved. They could do everything over the mail and I didn’t have to take time off work for an appointment. I also appreciate that they send emails about interesting highlights and new equipment that is available.

Previously, we had ADT for 16 years and the couple of times that we had an issue like a door that had been opened, there was absolutely no response and they were unapologetic for it. It was difficult to get people on the phone and they just had very poor customer service. They're diametrical opposites with MONI. With Moni, I feel secure and that if we have an issue, it’ll get resolved quickly and correctly. So far, I love Monitronics and MONI..

MONI Security

Velvia, Wow 15 years is amazing, and we are very thankful to see that you have been with us this long! We know that life can sometimes be very busy, so we strive to deliver the best possible service, to help our customers enjoy life without having to worry about home. We thank you for sharing this awesome review with us and we look forward to many more years with you! -Ashley C.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I've been with MONI for 15 years and have been pleased with the service and with the response time when I need to contact someone. I’ve not had mysterious issues that I couldn’t resolve fairly quickly and that means a lot to me because I’m busy and I don’t have time to spend days and weeks trying to get to people. I had the wired security system before and then I went wireless. I like it. Accessing the system through my phone helps and I feel a little better about it. I can go online and get information.

MONI Security

Ralph, Being able to rely on and trust your security provider, is a very important aspect when it comes to a security company. I am overjoyed to know that we have been able to live up to your expectations. We thank you for choosing MONI as the company to deliver your additional sense of security. -Ashley C.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I went with MONI because I wasn't happy with my previous security provider. I called MONI's customer service team a couple of times and was very satisfied with the answers I received. In the beginning, I also had somebody come out to work on the security system because I had to put a box by the back door which was a signal booster for the garage. Also, I like the way the billing is done. Overall, MONI has a very courteous service and I'm so happy with everything.

MONI Security

Thomas, I am thrilled to read that you had a pleasurable experience with the installation. I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive any window decals during the installation. Please know that we can always send you some, if you are still interested in adding that additional security to your home. Overall, I am extremely glad to know that we have another satisfied customer! -Ashley C.

Original review: July 11, 2017

The sales guy from MONI represented his company very well and he really sold us. He let us see how much more we were going to be able to receive and that it would only cost us a few dollars more. While the installation crew was not bad, their guy made some decisions without following up with us first, but still I was happy with the installation. They were supposed to give us some stickers that they stick on the windows, though, but we didn’t get them. Despite that, overall MONI was very thorough, to the point, and tended to be in the best needs of the customer.

MONI Security

Michelle, Your review is the exact reason why we are in this industry, as we make your safety and sense of security our number one priority! It is such a wonderful feeling to see this type of gratification from one of our loyal customers like yourself. -Theresa T.

Original review: July 10, 2017

MONI has good coverage and they're great to work with. The tech who did the installation was really good, very professional, and very quick. Since having their system, we don't worry as much about break-ins too.

MONI Security

Joan, I hate to hear that you have endured this type of experience, especially while relocating to a new location. I would like to apologize, as this is the complete opposite of what we would want any of our customers to experience. I would like to investigate this matter to determine what took place. Once I have completed my research, I will be sure to contact you directly. -Ashley C.

Original review: July 10, 2017

We have been using this service for quite a few years and the contract is about to expire. Our contract has been extended in the past and we decided we didn't want to extend it. When we moved we were given three options: 1. Have a MONI Security person install our system at our new house and pay the installation fee ($200). 2. Choose to not move our system and just pay the remaining months even though the system isn't installed. 3) Extend our contract and have MONI Security install the system at no cost.

We opted to move all the sensors ourselves and got everything configured except the emergency response address. We had to have someone come out to do that. We were told they would do it for free if we extended our contract. We VERY CLEARLY and REPEATEDLY told them we did not want to extend our contract. We said we'd pay the installation fee, which would be $100 since we'd already done everything else. The first day the person was scheduled to come they never showed up. MONI had never relayed the installation to the contractor. We were told that due to the inconvenience our next month of service would be free.

The installation took place and all seemed fine until we got our next bill. The next bill did NOT give us the credit we were promised. In addition, they extended our contract by 3 years! We were so adamant that we were not extending the contract and they kept trying to talk us into it that we were getting very annoyed. We could not have been more clear! Then to see that he extended it anyway was infuriating. After lengthy phone calls and being transferred we may finally have it resolved, but it's not something I'll believe until I see it in writing. Lesson - Any correspondence with MONI Security should be in writing and they cannot be trusted.

MONI Security

Barbara, You are correct with SDS having involvement with your alarm system. This company installed your system; however, we have been monitoring your alarm since installation. I am glad we were able to assist you with your billing needs, and if you have any questions or concerns in the future about any services needed, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you for sharing your experience with MONI. – Lauren C.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Back in Timothy, SDS was our monitoring service. We moved and it was switched to MONI, though it's the same alarm service. One time they were increasing the charge, so I requested that they give me a discount based on how long we've been with them. Plus, we have automatic draft and there was a time I called because of a change on the date of the auto draft. The reps were great and I had no problems.

MONI Security

Caroline, I am extremely grateful to see that you have had a really good experience. We strive to always be here for our customers and I am glad to see that this was the case with you. We value the opportunity to secure you and your home, and look forward to many more years with you. -Ashley C.

Original review: July 9, 2017

When we first got MONI last fall, I didn't wait long enough to have the electronics click off with my phone and we entered the house before it had turned off. The system rang for half an hour and they had a hard time getting the alarm shut off for me. I had to take the battery out, but when I called them, everything worked okay. Overall, my experience has been really good.

MONI Security

Mary, When it comes to losing a customers, we never want you to leave us on a bad note. We strive for exceptional customer service in every aspect possible, and I am sorry if you have not had this type of service. I have located your account, and will be sure to reach out to you with a resolution. -Ashley C.

Original review: July 8, 2017

We attempted to cancel for 4 months and they kept saying they were sending emails with documents we needed to return. Never received them until April, they have continued to bill us and refuse to acknowledge their fault. Will never ever recommend them to anyone, nor will I pay them. Crooks.

MONI Security

Bernadette, Here at MONI we know that our customers entrust us to protect their lives and property through the service we deliver. I am so very pleased to see that we were able to assist you when needed, as we will always be here for you no matter what the case is! -Theresa T.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I was helping out a kid for a period of time then kicked him out. I felt I couldn’t trust him and he would try to break into my home, and having an alarm system made me comfortable. Our alarm went off in error and they contacted me to go over what's going on. Everything is great and I really like it.

MONI Security

Virginia, We know that every moment matters, which is why we will are dedicated to ensuring that we provide our customers with all options that will benefit you in a time of need. I am so glad that you had such a wonderful experience with us. Thank you for sharing! -Theresa T.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I had a couple of break-ins and MONI Security helped me throughout the situation. They were knowledgeable about the system and told me what options I had. They were friendly and I’m very pleased with their service. There were a couple of times my alarm went off and I never got a call from my old service but with MONI Security, whenever my alarm goes off, whether it’s false, I always get a call. I’m really at peace with it.

However, when one of the contractors they recommended had to come out, he called and made an appointment one day but then 20 minutes after the appointment time, the customer service called and told me that he wasn’t coming and they would send someone else. She said she would get back to me but she never did. I called and they had a different contractor come out and take care of the problem. Other than that, it's been a very satisfying experience with MONI.

MONI Security

Clifford, I am overjoyed to see that we have been able to meet your level of expectations when it comes to security and customer service. We truly appreciate the chance to secure you and your home, and thank you for sharing this amazing review with us. -Ashley C.

Original review: July 7, 2017

The neighbor next door had MONI Security and he was very happy with it. I called up customer service to update some information and it was a very good experience. They were pleasant, knowledgeable and very thorough. When they came for the installation, that was very good. The installers were knowledgeable and professional. Overall, I am very satisfied. Their service and system are exceptional.

MONI Security

Joyce, Thank you so much for continuing your services with MONI, as we are so honored to be your security provider. I am also so excited to read how happy you are with the equipment you have had installed! The features of the mobile app absolutely make monitoring your alarm system more user friendly, and I am glad we were able to make this happen for you! We appreciate you sharing this experience, and letting other people know MONI! – Lauren C.

Original review: July 7, 2017

We moved into a new house and decided to use MONI Security since they have better pricing and equipment than others. I like their product and the way it works. I also like it when I use its mobile app which makes the system really good. Also, MONI is much easier to use than some of the other ones. It also goes off when it's supposed to and that’s all that matters. I have recommended Moni to others.

MONI Security

Kathy, Here at MONI, our customers are like family to us. We ALWAYS strive to ensure we are giving our customers everything we can to keep them satisfied and happy, with that being said, I would like to inform you that we do have a lot of other options when it comes to upgraded equipment. I have located your account and will be sure to contact you to discuss this further. -Theresa T.

Original review: July 6, 2017

MONI Security is a good, reliable service. I know it works because I’ve had false alarms that I caused. However, if they had newer technology it would be better. Security has been better with MONI.

MONI Security

Peggy, We aim for all of your interactions with MONI to be as smooth as the one you have described in your review. As we always want to be here to assist you no matter what the case may be, since your satisfaction is our number one priority. I appreciate you for taking the time to leave us with such wonderful comments! -Theresa T.

Original review: July 5, 2017

The security system I had before was bought by MONI Security so I acquired them by default. It's basically the same as the previous system, it's just got a nice, new wall unit and is more condensed. However, it's not as big as the first one I had. I had to call MONI once because my insurance company needed verification that I had a home security system. I like that I got a person-to-person communication with a representative who was helpful in explaining to me what it was the insurance company needed and telling me where to find it on the website. I also like that I had the ability to go online and get the documents I needed to send to the insurance company.

MONI Security

Judy, Please know that here at MONI, we understand that circumstances may change, which is why we always want to ensure that we are accommodating you accordingly to your needs, and I apologize if we have not done so. I have located your account with us and will be sure to contact you directly, once my research has been completed. -Theresa T.

Original review: July 5, 2017

My mother, now deceased, was a customer and when she passed away I was still living in her home. When MONI Security attempted to raise their monthly rate they convinced me to stay and I had a two year contract (June 2014 - June 2016) which I have a copy in writing. In March of 2015 I contacted them to have my landline removed and have it monitored by my cell phone. I have a copy of the invoice from that date showing a $30.00 fee ONLY. When I made plans to move in April of 2017 I contacted them to cancel my month to month monitoring and was told I was still under a "verbal contract". Huh? I was advised by Lauren that when I requested the cell service, I had verbally agreed to a 30 MONTH EXTENSION ON TOP OF THE 24 MONTH I WAS STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF. I never received anything in writing as in the past.

I requested a copy of the phone conversation transcript. She advised I could only receive that by court subpoena but that I could "listen" to the conversation over the phone. I know for a fact there is NO WAY I was told I was still in the middle of a contract (who thinks of that) because I would NEVER agree to a 45 MONTH contract. I was told by Lauren since I was a "long standing customer" they would agree to accept $300 to buy me out of my "verbal contract". This is extortion. I abided by my contract. I never received anything in writing and want this canceled as requested.

MONI Security

Victoria, MONI never intends to make any request a difficult one, even if we are losing a valued customer. Please know that MONI goes by the initial contract and does not make any changes without your consent. Also, certain contracts allow for an annual price increase, which may be why your bill has increased while still under contract. I have located your account and will be sure to contact you to assist you further. -Ashley C.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I've had service with Monitronics aka MONI for several years. I called Friday to cancel my service and of course there was no one there to help me with that. I called back today and am now being told I am still under contract and I will have to pay $700 to cancel. First of all my contract was supposed to be for 3 years not 5 years. Second this was never mentioned in my phone call Friday. And finally my payment is $60 (which by the way went up from $54 without any notice) so how do I still owe over $700 for the supposed 11 remaining months of my contract. If I am under contract then why did my payment increase?

I definitely didn't get better service for my increased payments. In fact I have never received any form of customer service from this company since the day they installed my alarm. Of course I'm told that they are allowed to go up 5% per year! Other security companies guarantee their pricing throughout your contract as well as a decrease once you have paid for your equipment!!! My alarm has went off multiple times and we never received any communication from them checking to make sure everything was ok. At first we would get a phone call, e-mail or a tech would come through the panel and verify what happened but that stopped happening about a year ago, which would be about the time my 3 year contract should have expired. Honestly I just want to cancel my account and be done, I don't see why it has to be this difficult!

MONI Security

Ashok, I am floating on cloud 9 after reading how pleased you are with MONI and the service we provide. We know there are many competitors in the security industry, which is why we strive to deliver the best possible service at a reasonable price to all of our customers. We love that you are apart of the MONI family and I will be sure to reach out to you to discuss your monthly rating, as we would hate to lose you. -Ashley C.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I had another home service provider before that had a landline based system and at that time, I asked them about the remote and they quoted me a number that was really stupid. And then I saw Monitronics' advertisement and I said, "This is a better deal". I had dealt with their customer service team once when the remote battery was showing low and had to be replaced and the lady was very helpful. After we got the battery and have the instructions, we called her up and said I still have some problems. She went line-by-line and waited while I was taking care of line number one then line number two and so on. It was a great experience.

I would get a call from ADT and other companies and they are giving me service for two years with about $8 or $10 less per month than what I'm paying to MONI. But I'm happy with MONI so I'm not really considering switching. However, if they keep on increasing their monthly bill, and other companies come up with $10, $12, $15 less every month, then I'm going to change. But they’re a very excellent company and they are always there to help anytime I call them. They are doing a good job.

Expert Review

Erin RaubAlarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.    More about Erin→

Founded in 1994, MONI Security is now one of the largest home security companies in the United States. Authorized dealers are located in all 50 states, offering easily customized, tech-savvy alarm systems at mid-range cost. The company, a subsidiary of Ascent Capital Group, serves over a million residential and business consumers.

• Customized equipment: MONI Security offers many equipment brands in different price ranges. The company's offerings are comprehensive, extending beyond basic security to home lighting control, keypad door locks and remote-access thermostats. Product availability varies by location.
  • HomeTouch automation: MONI Security remote home security allows you to perform an array of tasks via computer, smartphone or tablet: arm/disarm your system, tweak your thermostat, lock your doors and even check your appliances from afar.
  • Backup power sources & monitoring: Redundancy is the name of the game: two power sources ensure you never lose security coverage, and multiple monitoring channels ­– Internet, phone line, and cellular – guarantee your system is always connected to the monitoring station.
  • Specials: MONI regularly offers specials for new customers. You can visit the company’s website or contact a local dealer to learn about current specials and discounts.
  • Equipment: MONI Security device selection differs from its competitors. Before making a commitment, verify that your local dealer has your desired devices available.
  • Best for Homeowners, tech-savvy shoppers and hands-off consumers.

MONI Security Company Profile