(Previously MONI)

3.1/5 (596 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Brinks Home Security™

Brinks Home offers a variety of home security and home automation equipment to keep your home safe and secure. The company has three plans, which each come with a 30-day trial period. Set up your Brinks Home package yourself or hire a professional to install it. Brinks Home systems include 24/7 professional monitoring and a two-year warranty.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Pros

• Affordable options
    • Product warranties
    • Simple setup
    • Compatible with smart-home tech

Cons

• Strict cancellation policy
    • No cameras in basic package

Bottom Line

Brinks offers technologically advanced systems at affordable rates. Although the cancellation policy could be better, we like its straightforward pricing and additional equipment options.

Top Brinks Home Security™ Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… Somebody tried to break into my house one day and I had set the alarm. They opened the window and it set off the alarms so my neighbors ran out and cops showed up. I feel more ...

Verified

I added one camera, then I added a keypad in my bedroom. Brinks came out pretty fast and they also replaced a keypad downstairs, because my ex-husband punched it, and they were su...

Brinks Home Security costs

Brinks packages start between $199 and $699. Systems are customizable, so expect to pay more if you want additional equipment or upgrades. Monthly monitoring fees range from $39.99 per month to $49.99 per month.

• Upfront cost: $199 to $699
    • Monitoring price range: $39.99 per month to $49.99 per month
    • Installation fee: $200 to $450

Costs vary by location, however, so it’s best to contact a representative for the most accurate estimate.

For more, compare pricing for Ring vs. Brinks, Brinks vs. Vivint and SimpliSafe vs. Brinks.

Brinks Home Security packages

Brinks Home Security has three professionally monitored security systems: Smart Security Essential, Smart Security Complete and Smart Security Ultimate.

You can install a system yourself or request professional setup for a fee. The entire system is wireless, so no drilling is involved. Brinks offers an industry-standard 36-month contract.

• Smart Security Essential: For $199, the Smart Security Essential package includes a control panel, wireless motion detector, two door sensors, a yard sign and window stickers. Monitoring services are $39.99 per month. This system is designed for DIY installation.
    • Smart Security Complete: For $349, the Smart Security Complete package comes with everything in the Essential plan plus a doorbell camera. Monitoring service with this plan costs $44.99 per month.
    • Smart Security Ultimate: For $699, the Smart Security Ultimate package comes with everything in the Essential and Complete packages plus an extra door sensor and an outdoor camera. Monitoring services are $49.99 per month. Professional installation is required for the camera.

Brinks Equipment

All of Brinks’ equipment comes with a two-year warranty. You can use voice command technologies like Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa with specific Brinks Home systems. The Smart Security systems are compatible with Alarm.com, Google Assistant, Siri and Alexa. Plans from Brinks Home come with the following equipment:

Smart Security EssentialSmart Security CompleteSmart Security Ultimate
    Outdoor camera
    Smart Security Essential2 sensors
    Smart Security Complete2 sensors
    Smart Security Ultimate3 sensors

You can add additional equipment, like indoor and outdoor cameras, to your system for an extra charge, including HD indoor cameras, carbon monoxide detectors, extra door sensors, glass break detectors and extra motion detectors.

Brinks Home Security FAQ

Do I have to install my Brinks system myself?

Brinks makes its systems easy to install yourself. All you have to do is unpack the box Brinks sends you, put the devices in the correct spots, plug them in and activate the system. If you have a more complex piece of technology you’d like to install, Brinks can put you in touch with a technician for professional installation.

What if I move homes? Can I still use my system?

You can still use your system if you move. The benefit of having a wireless, DIY system is that it’s easy to take down and set up if you’re relocating.

What is Brinks’ cancellation policy?

The Nest Secure system is month-to-month and can be canceled whenever you like; however, after the 30-day period, you won’t be able to return your equipment for a refund. For the Smart Security systems, you also get a 30-day trial period. If you cancel a Brinks contract after the trial period, you will still have to pay your balance in full.

What home automation features come with Brinks Home?

Brinks’ Smart Security systems can be paired with smart-home devices such as smart lights, locks and thermostats. Users can pair their security systems to work with Alexa, Google Assistant or Siri. In addition, users can access all their smart-home tech 24/7 through the Brinks Home mobile app.

Is Brinks Home Security good?

We recommend Brinks Home for its affordable plans, customizable options, risk-free trial period and good warranty. Brinks Home prices — especially for the basic plan — are competitive. The company offers both self-installation and professional setup options. Its three-year contract and strict cancellation policy aren’t ideal, but these are common among other companies in the industry.

For more, see how Brinks compares against our top picks for home security systems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brinks Home Security™?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I was previously an AT&T security customer and have now transitioned to Brinks. Brinks is an indescribable improvement in both customer service and the quality of equipment. There were some transitional issues that popped up, but through valuable follow up by Brinks these were either rectified or soon will be. Camera resolution is excellent; sensor response is nominal and the system is very robust but user friendly. I would without reservation recommend Brinks to guard your family and home.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Brian,we are happy to provide platinum grade protection to your home. At Brinks Home we strive to always provide you with peace of mind and a fast, reliable alarm response when you need it. We will be sure to forward your feedback. If there is anything you need, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. - Juana H.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I believe I will eventually like the new Brinks system as an improvement over Digital Life, but to date, there have been problems with the conversion. We have had a smoke detector that needed help to stay online, as well as a front door sensor. Both took multiple calls to get resolved. I am currently waiting for a scheduled service to fix a non-functioning remote control panel, and found that new doorbell that was supposed to be noted as requested when our system was installed was not actually noted.

When the issues DO get resolved (so far), we are happy, but there are a lot of start-up issues to deal with. I can also say the customer support answers quickly and are patient, but I have spent several hours so far trying to get a fully functioning system. I am looking forward to a future soon where everything is properly functioning. There is also an extra “recovery cost” change on our bill that was not discussed, and I still need to follow up on that. Again, I hope for things to settle down to justify the current rating.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Carl, protecting what’s most important to you and providing you with a best-in-class experience are our top priority. Thank you for allowing us to not only protect you, but also leaving us a review. We strive to do better than we were the day before and we will be sure to forward your feedback. If there is anything you need, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. - Juana H.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

When I had an issue, Brinks sent a guy out and he took care of it very well. He was knowledgeable and had it all back up and going for me in no time. Overall, the system is good. I'm satisfied with Brinks. If the alarm goes off for very long, I've got a call. My daughter said her silent alarm went off one night and that was when it was messing up. The fire department showed up in the middle of the night. It hasn't happened before. They went on back to the shop and we turned the alarm off.

I wear a hearing aid and I'm pretty deaf. When I go to bed and I take the hearing aid out, I wouldn't hear somebody come through the door unless they really made a lot of noise. So Brinks gives me a sense of security too. At least I'm going to get a chance to do something if the alarm goes off, and if it goes off, whoever is trying to break in is going to leave.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Paul, we are so glad to hear that we are able to protect your home during your time of need. Brinks Home Security has one of the fastest response times in the industry and we actually have the highest in customer satisfaction. If there is anything else, you need feel free to reach out us and we would be more than happy to assist you. – Juana H.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I switched from AT&T digital life to Brinks because AT&T is getting out the home security business and they offered a deal to switch to brakes. So far I’m happy with the service although it is a transition. There are some options that the AT&T app had that the Brinks app does not like being able to set up routines so the alarm will automatically turn itself on and off. Additionally the installation did not go very smooth considering the installer was more familiar with the AT&T system than he was with the Brinks system. They were not able to complete the install 100% and no one has reached out to me since then to finish the installation which happened two weeks ago. I’ve also had to call customer service because some of my items were not showing up on the app and some of the features of the alarm system had not been turned on when they should have been. For now I’m withholding final judgment of the company to see whether it improves or not.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Lee, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. At Brinks Home we strive to provide excellent customer service and glad you like the services. If there is anything further, we may be able to assist you with please feel free to reach out. – Juana H.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Customer service was very attentive every time I called. I would have to wait for at least 30 minutes but once I talked to them, they took care of my problem. Their technicians changed the camera in the system and after a week, my indoor camera was not working. I was talking to their IT and I was told that the camera was defective so they needed to replace it. We scheduled the initial visit for a field technician to come and fix it. Unfortunately, I could only accommodate the schedule between 5:00 to 9:00 because I was in the hospital and I can't really request a day off.

A technician came at 2:00 pm and there was nobody home. The guy said that he came at 4:30. But at 4:00, I was standing right in front of my house waiting for the technician and I never received a call from them. I called customer service again and we reschedule the service for October 1st. Before October 1st, they called me and said they could not do the visit because something came up. We rescheduled again for the 14th or 15th between 5:00 to 9:00. Nobody called me and I had to call them around 6:00 to find out if they were coming or not. The guy said, "Yeah, we will call you within 15 minutes to let you know what time he will be arriving." But after 9:00 pm, nobody called me. That really frustrates me because I also work as a customer service person because of my patients.

The only concern that I have is the field technician. They don't inform you, they don't call you, and they don't give any reason why they cannot do the job or why they cannot come to the appointment. That aside, I'm overall happy with Brinks system-wise. The quality of the camera and the services is phenomenal. I like it way better than digital. It's also very convenient that you can either use the key panel or the phone if you want to modify or edit. I only wish Brinks could give me the supplies and walk me through things because I can probably do the replacement of the camera because there's only one that needs to be replaced.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Don, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. At Brinks Home we strive to be better than we were the day before and we sincerely apologize for any troubles you had with getting a service tech. But we are glad we were able to rectify and get someone to resolve your issues. Please know that at Brinks Home your security and satisfaction are our main priority and if there is anything else you need feel free to reach out. Welcome to the Brinks Home family! – Juana H.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I have been without monitoring for a year. One technician who came broke my box and the hardware part. I have called weekly and been put on hold for 3 hours. Brinks sent a man who was not licensed in my state and he did not correct the problem. I have had appointments made and no one from Brinks has come. They schedule months and weeks in advance and do not show up for appointments. They show no regard for their paying clients! Brinks associates have hung up on me when I asked to speak to a supervisor, They have no accountability for their actions and lack of service! Sandra in Louisiana

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hi Sandra, we are sorry to hear about the negative experience regarding your service. Brinks Home takes all complaints seriously. Please email us at socialmedia@brinkshome.com at your earliest convenience with your account number and any other details about your experience. Once this information is received, please allow 48-72 business hours for us to investigate this matter and contact you. We look forward to speaking with you soon and offer the best assistance possible. -Jaime

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Brinks has been awful from day 1. The install was a hack job. Left holes in the wall. Cameras are sub par. Only records short clips. You only get so many clips then it stops recording. Customer service sucks.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hi Earl, we are sorry to hear about the negative experience regarding your service. Brinks Home takes all complaints seriously. Please email us at socialmedia@brinkshome.com at your earliest convenience with your account number and any other details about your experience. Once this information is received, please allow 48-72 business hours for us to investigate this matter and contact you. We look forward to speaking with you soon and offer the best assistance possible. -Jaime

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

- Long wait for non existent customer service.

- Predatory business practice.
      - Untrained customer services/ technical assistance.

- Provides noncompatible equipments for their own upgrades & then charges for new products.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hi Sheikh, we are sorry to hear about the negative experience regarding your service. Brinks Home takes all complaints seriously. Please email us at socialmedia@brinkshome.com at your earliest convenience with your account number and any other details about your experience. Once this information is received, please allow 48-72 business hours for us to investigate this matter and contact you. We look forward to speaking with you soon and offer the best assistance possible. -Jaime

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

This company signed me into a "contract" that I never got to see or sign. I signed up for Brinks through the Google Nest App to have monitoring on our DIY security system. I was mainly interested in the Cellular Backup function that Brinks provided bundled with our Nest Aware Subscription. I've tried many times to cancel this service explaining how it happened, expressing my confusion and frustration with their retention agents. There is apparently nothing I can do short of paying out hundreds of dollars to break the "contract". This is probably the scummiest experience I have had with any company. Predatory, rude and unhelpful. On top of that my bill increases in price every 6 months, and the "contract" I never signed states I'm in it for 24 months. Take my story to heart. I really would stay away from Brinks Home Security.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hi Tanner, we are sorry to hear about the negative experience regarding your service. Brinks Home takes all complaints seriously. Please email us at socialmedia@brinkshome.com at your earliest convenience with your account number and any other details about your experience. Once this information is received, please allow 48-72 business hours for us to investigate this matter and contact you. We look forward to speaking with you soon and offer the best assistance possible. -Jaime

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I have the unfortunate opportunity to deal with what in my opinion is the worst security provider in Canada, Beeyond Group. I thought because of the Brinks Home Security brand name this was good choice, I couldn’t have been more wrong. After I signed a 3-year contract, installation team missed several appointments with no notice to me when I had taken time off work to be present for the installation. Installer finally arrives and I don't think they have ever installed a Brinks Home Security system. He couldn't connect the cameras, had to borrow my tools, and left without completing installation. He said he couldn't come back the next day to complete the installation because he had other installations. Days later cameras installed but aren't positioned correctly to cover my whole property. I was relying on someone I thought was a professional. Now I'm moving to a new home.

On Tuesday, August 23, Sam from Beeyond Group verbally told my partner over the phone cost of move is $350.00. On Wednesday, August 24, the same Beeyond Group representative says $400.00 added to the $350.00 for travel expense. The trip for the installer from their office to our house is a 30-minute drive. Now I have a written invoice from Beeyond Group stating cost is $750.00 ($200.00 Removal of Equipment; $100.00 Travel; $450.00 Installation). I asked for cost to cancel my service and was told it’s the remaining months in the contract; $1,874.04. I asked for someone from the Brinks Home Security management team to call me; I haven’t received a call. I have tried working with Beeyond Group to resolve this matter but, in my opinion, they don't care about customer service, don't provide a quality product, are difficult to deal with, and are gouging customers.

Brinks Home Security™ response

Hi Ryan, we are sorry to hear about the negative experience regarding your service. Brinks Home takes all complaints seriously. Please email us at socialmedia@brinkshome.com at your earliest convenience with your account number and any other details about your experience. Once this information is received, please allow 48-72 business hours for us to investigate this matter and contact you. We look forward to speaking with you soon and offer the best assistance possible. -Jaime

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Home Security partner.

Brinks Home Security™ Company Information