This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Ring provides home security devices, including video doorbells, security cameras and smart lighting. Its equipment is easy to install, and its plans are available with or without monitoring.
Ring is a smart home security option for those who want to monitor their homes remotely. Additional Ring security products can get pricey, but customers like not having to sign a long-term contract.
- High-quality video surveillance
- No long-term contracts
- DIY installation
- Optional monitoring plans
- Few home automation features
- Expensive accessories
I love the ease of use and installation. Some of the extras are a little pricey like security cameras. The initial kit and the ring alarm are fairly reasonable. I love that there is no contract and monitoring is only $10 a month. I feel much safer.Read full review
I really like Ring for the customer service plus for the service cost is really good. On top of all that if someone steals your equipment Ring will replace it at no cost. Really simple to use and reliable. ... I really like them.Read full review
What is Ring?
Ring is a DIY security system that helps you protect your house, apartment or commercial business property. Ring’s video doorbells let you see and communicate with people on your doorstep from your phone, tablet or compatible Amazon Echo device. Its 1080p, high-definition cameras have a 160-degree horizontal field of view and a 90-degree vertical field of view.
Through Ring’s Neighbors app, customers also get real-time safety alerts from their local law enforcement, homeowners associations and community groups. Ring is compatible with most Dome Sirens, Ecolink sensors, First Alert alarms, GE and Leviton lights and smart locks from Schlage, Yale and Kwikset.
How does Ring work?
Ring security systems require Wi-Fi to send push notifications to your smartphone or tablet. Ring video doorbells operate on battery power and use Wi-Fi to alert you when someone presses the button or there it detects motion. Ring alarm contact sensors send instant mobile alerts when doors or windows open on your property. You can pair these sensors with an Alexa device and hub to add voice control to these sensors. The sensors are also compatible with iOS and Android devices.
Most connection processes for Ring products take place through the Neighbors app, which is available for Apple, Android and Windows 10 devices. With the Neighbors app, you can stream video and communicate through two-way audio with whoever’s on your doorstep. You can also control a few home automation functions from the app, including smart lights and locks.
Ring equipment and security accessories
The Ring alarm home security kit comes with a base station, motion detector, contact sensor, keypad and range extender. Once you have the alarm base kit, you can customize your home protection with video doorbells, surveillance cameras, alarm contact sensors and other Ring security products.
How much does Ring cost?
Ring Protect Plans cost between $0 and $30 per month. All Ring plans — Free, Basic and Plus — include motion-activation notifications, real-time video streaming, two-way talk features and lifetime theft protection. The company only charges monthly subscription fees if you want video saving and sharing features or a professional Ring monitoring plan.
- Ring Protect Basic costs $3 per month or $30 per year and comes with video saving and sharing features. This plan comes with coverage for one doorbell or security camera.
- Ring Protect Plus costs $10 per month or $100 per year and includes 24/7 professional monitoring, extended warranties for all devices and 10% off select accessories. This plan covers all devices at one address.
|Ring Protect Free||Ring Protect Basic||Ring Protect Plus|
|Live HD video streaming|
|Video saving and sharing|
|24/7 professional monitoring|
|Equipment warranty||One year||One year||Extended|
|Ring Protect Free||$0||One year|
|Ring Protect Basic||$3||One year|
|Ring Protect Plus||$10||Extended|
Ring designed its security systems for easy installation. Once you unpack the equipment, all you have to do is sign up for the app and register your Ring Alarm base station. You then complete the setup by placing the sensors and motion detectors around your home or business.
You can install a Ring doorbell installation. Simply mount the video doorbell in the desired location, and it automatically connects to the Ring app via Wi-Fi.
If you opt for a Ring professional monitoring plan, you get a seven-day “practice mode” period to get to know your new system without triggering false alarms.
Ring security FAQ
- How much does Ring cost?
- Ring equipment costs about $200 for the basic kit, but the price increases if you purchase optional accessories and upgrades available. Ring security plans with premium features or monitoring cost between $3 and $10 each month.
- Is there a monthly fee for Ring?
- Sometimes. Ring only requires monthly subscription fees if you want premium features or professional monitoring. These plans cost between $3 and $10 per month.
- What is Ring Alarm professional monitoring?
- Ring Alarm professional monitoring is a service that alerts local authorities when your security system detects a threat. The Ring monitoring center employs a team of emergency response technicians to oversee all Ring alarms around the clock.
- How long does a Ring battery last?
- The Ring video doorbell battery lasts between six months and a year, but the battery may run out quicker in colder climates.
Other Ring devices’ battery lives depend on their usage.
- Ring Base Station: Internal rechargeable battery with up to 24 hours of backup
- Ring Contact Sensor: 3-volt lithium battery that lasts up three years
- Ring Alarm Keypad: Internal rechargeable battery that lasts up to seven months
- Ring Alarm Motion Detector: 3-volt lithium battery that lasts up to three years
- Ring Alarm Range Extender: Internal rechargeable battery with up to 22 hours of backup
- Ring Panic Button: 3-volt lithium battery that lasts up to three years
- Does Ring work with Google Home or Alexa?
- Yes, Ring works with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Apple HomeKit.
- Are Ring doorbells waterproof?
- Ring doorbells are resistant to rain and freezing temperatures. However, you should not submerge them in water.
- Can you have multiple Ring doorbells?
- Yes, you can have multiple Ring doorbells on the same property.
- Does Ring require a subscription?
- No, Ring only requires a subscription if you want optional features or professional monitoring services. You can monitor your Ring home security system through your phone for free.
- Does a Ring Alarm call the police?
- Yes, Ring Alarm professional monitoring centers call your local police department if the system detects a security threat.
- What is Ring’s refund policy?
- Ring provides a full refund if you return devices within 30 days of purchase.
- Is Ring owned by Amazon?
- Yes. Amazon acquired Ring in 2018.
Is Ring worth it?
Ring is a smart option for homeowners, business owners and renters who want to monitor their property from their phones. Ring video doorbells come equipped with infrared night vision, automatic motion detection and recording capabilities. Professional monitoring plans are optional, and there are a variety of Ring alarm accessories that make it easy to customize your protection level.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
I love the ease of use and installation. Some of the extras are a little pricey like security cameras. The initial kit and the ring alarm are fairly reasonable. I love that there is no contract and monitoring is only $10 a month. I feel much safer having and using Ring.
I really like "Ring" for the customer service plus for the service cost is really good. On top of all that if someone steal your equipment Ring will replace it at "no cost". Really simple to use and reliable. Call you if alarm goes off and if no answer "Ring" will call the police. Ring work partner with "Wink". I really like them. Customer service phone number is mark everywhere on instructions pamphlets on app. Not hidden on the web like "D-Link". D-Link should learn from them. D-Link just like your money.
Ps: I really learn something from all that. If you can't see the customer service phone number on your device or instructions book don't buy it. Before I add "D-Link" sensor/ Camera tell you something. D-Link has really rude customer service and equipment not reliable. Really slow. Most of the product they make is discontinue. Really disappointed in D-Link security service.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
The Ring overall is good. The only thing that is not good is the sensors on the wireless cameras. It’s not good at detecting motion well enough. It’s gives a great view on doorbell and spotlight cam. Able to speak and sound siren on the cameras. The price is a little high for the wireless I think.
As of yet I haven't had any problems. It sends an alarm to my phone and records whenever anyone is on my porch or in my yard. And it saves all recordings and I can also share any suspicious information with my neighbors.
Ring Company Information
- Company Name:
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!