4.27/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Guardian Protection Services

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection Services provides years of experience in innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses. Guardian provides the Edge™ in high-tech, reliable options. Some services include traditional security technology including intrusion and fire detection, indoor and outdoor video security, and smart home features like automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. These services can be accessed from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens you can feel comfortable knowing that our 24/7, award-winning monitoring center will initiate a response in an average of 30 seconds or less.

Get the Guardian Edge™: More than just security; peace of mind and convenience. Call us today! We Connect What Matters!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

1060 Guardian Protection Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

The system that we purchased from Guardian Protection Services was a part of a brand new residence that was being built. I met their representative at the model home and he was pretty nice. The guy on site who set up our system was very pleasant as well, and he really connected with my husband. When the installer came out to install the system, it was already hardwired in. He just had to key in some codes and have us set up the app via online.

However, we also have ADT home security system but not in this home. And from our initial assessment, ADT is way better. I like the way the alarm talks to let you know if the system is armed or disarmed. Guardian’s system doesn't do that. And when I left yesterday, I typed in my code and hit away but my Guardian did not arm.

The only way I knew it didn't arm was because I didn't get the text message that said it was. So, I went into the phone app to arm it. However, had I not checked or looked for that text message, it would have been disarmed. Now, ADT does not have the text message feature that Guardian has. And I like that about Guardian. But it's way more important to make sure our home is armed than to get a text message. I will call them about this when I have the time. I haven’t had Guardian long enough to give it a fair assessment, but for now, if someone asks about Guardian, I'd say get ADT.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My installation experience with Guardian Protection was very good. The installer was a nice fellow and was very friendly. And he put the job in very good. I got motion sensors in the hallway and the room. I also got the doors covered. However, I had this trouble when I got a phone call from some man. He told me I had a weak battery or a loose connection on the cable. I couldn't say anything to him 'cause it was a recording. Again, I got about eight calls a few days later so I called different areas of Guardian and each one was more or less, pushing me around.

Finally, I called service and I told them everything about this man telling me about the battery. And the rep said, "We're in Virginia. We can't be there until the 29th." So, what I'm doing is wait until the 29th, and find out if they'll come to repair it. I'm just hoping that they get here the 29th. If not, then, I'm going to complain to somebody about it. I'm not completely satisfied with Guardian Protection. I just had it put in, and I've had nothing but trouble since.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I've only had Guardian for two months but I like it. It was installed in here when I moved in but we had to add a couple of window break sensors. The reps were very helpful and knowledgeable.

Hi Carl,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your home security needs! It's great to hear we were able to activate your services and upgrade the system for you. Please let us know if you ever have questions.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The first person who was in the house before me had a panel so I went with it, but it was bad so, the technician from Guardian put a new panel in. He was very good and he was there a long time. The customer service rep was very good but she was aggressive. I signed a five-year contract that I didn't want and it was so fast. I didn't realize that until after it was over. I was not pressured, but she said, "Let's get going. Let's get going." I was very uneasy. Be careful who you talk to and don't be pressured or pushed.

Hi Joann,

Thank you for your feedback on your Guardian experience. The feedback both positive and neutral will help us better improve the costumer experience. Our customer care team works extended hours 7 days a week if you ever have questions.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I am so dissatisfied with the service of this company. First I was never told that I will be having damn 5 years contract. I called them and they told me that I have signed the contract for 5 years. I don't remember signing in any contract for 5 years (or they tricked me and got my sign). Now they have reported it to collection for the bills. What kind of system is this? You can't even get out of the service that you don't want? Are they really concerned about the service or the money they can get from the people by lying and making them sign with a trick. This is the first review of my life. I don't like writing review even if it's too good or too bad but this company made me do so and I will continuously be writing about them on all the blogs I see from today.

Hello Kumar,

I’m sorry to hear that you feel you were deceived. Our firm takes great pride in delivering fine security products and services to our customers. Conducting business in the manner you described would contradict key principles of our company. These attributes are continuously monitored and measured to ensure the customer experience exceeds expectations.

Sincerely
    Nathan D.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Services?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

ADT was going to charge me $500 for the installation and the unit but Guardian called me up and pretty much gave me free installation and unit so I went with them. It would have been nice if they also offered their customers a free doorbell camera for signing up. It's the latest and greatest in technology today and they might close some more deals. But the reps were excellent all of the time. We added smoke detectors because the ones we had didn't work anymore. The technician knew his stuff and did a good job putting the system in. We've had it for a few months and my son doesn't like it because it goes off when he comes home at night. It was very loud so we definitely heard it. But he's 24 so we really don't care plus I'm sleeping better now. Guardian offers good quality product and service that provide us with a better sense of security.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for the great customer testimonial. I'm so glad to hear the system is providing you extra peace of mind and sleep. We are here 7 days a week if you ever have questions!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I moved into a new subdivision. A Guardian rep knocked on my door, introduced himself and explained what services they provide. He was knowledgeable and wasn't as pushy as other people. And I knew a few people that had Guardian, too. The guys who came out to install knew what they were doing and they put the system and the pad where I wanted them. It was a simple and quick installation, and I was expecting it would take them a lot longer so I was pretty impressed. I like that I have an app and I can control everything with it. I'm mainly at work and when I'm away from the house, it gives me peace of mind that I have a security system and if anything were to happen, I'll get an alert on my phone.

Hi Ignacio,

Thank you for reviewing your Guardian Protection experience. I'm so glad to hear the system is providing you peace of mind while you are away from home. Helping to protect you is always our top priority.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I like the home security system but I'm not pleased with Guardian now because I got no sign from them and I'm still paying two services. I paid the first month and the $75 bill when they started the alarm. I tried to call my representative but got no answer. I'm trying to figure out if I'll still have Guardian or my old alarm back in here. I wrote a letter and they said they're going to mail the letter out but the letter ended coming back to my house. I spoke to somebody from Guardian and told them. They don't want to send me the last month because they needed that letter so they can send it. I told them, "I shouldn't have to. You don't need any letter if I want to cancel your service. That's what I want to do". I'm stuck in the middle of two people trying to draw money from me.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Some of my friends said that they’re very pleased with Guardian and explained that a lot of their customer base was built around customer service. I also did a little bit of research and some of my friends that had ADT had complaints that if they had problems, ADT would take a day or a few days before somebody comes out to check the system. But it was different with Guardian per what I thought to be some reliable resources so I went with them.

A gentleman came to install the system and he was pleasant to deal with. He was quick, very professional and knew what he was doing. He explained different things or options that I could do, whether it be in motion or just the wireless sensors that are on the doors and windows. It felt easy and very comfortable dealing with him. Also, there was a solar eclipse on the day that he installed the system and my wife and son happened to be home. They kept going outside to see if there was some drastic change while the installer was working and trying to set up the system. They kept opening and closing one of the doors that had a sensor on it but he handled it.

There’s also a drastic change in our sense of security since we started having Guardian. I worked as a fireman and I need to make sure that my family's safe when I'm home or not. My free time should be spent with my family and Guardian made that easy and seamless. One time, the alarm had gone off when I opened the door and it’s the assurance that if the alarm’s going to go off on me, it will go off too to any kind of prowlers that will try to come through.

I've told a couple of friends about Guardian. I raved about their system especially from it being wireless and that I’m able to set it from a phone especially when I’m not home. We have a one-year-old and he wants to run in and out. My wife sometimes has her hands full so when she's at home, she's able to shut off the alarm and do everything prior to unloading him from the car. That’s super convenient and that's one of the features that I also boast about Guardian when I let my friends and family know about them.

HI Tyson,

Thank you for your detailed review of Guardian Protection. It's a great testimonial to hear that even during a solar eclipse our team was there to get your system up and running efficiently for you!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

The customer service of Guardian Protection Services was very good and helpful. They walked me through all the options that I had available to me. The installation went smoothly and the features were good as well. I feel safer and confident about the service and can recommend them.

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to review Guardian Protection. I'm so glad to hear the monitored security system is providing you extra peace of mind, that is always our goal!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Guardian was connected to our builder and we had experience with them. We had them in Texas for six years before we moved to Ohio. The salesperson was very knowledgeable and he took us through all the features that were available and made himself available if we had a question. The installation though was a little strange but it went okay. It worked but it wasn't quite right.

The system features are great but we don't use it extensively. We set it at night and sometimes when we leave. We used it more in Texas than we do in Ohio as there's a little more crime in Texas. Back in Texas when we needed to troubleshoot, we always got prompt service and they seemed to know what they were talking about because they fixed our problem. We feel pretty secure with Guardian and I'd recommend them.

Hi Johnnie,

Thank you so much for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs. It's great to hear we can provide you peace of mind no matter what state you are in. If you have any technical questions regarding the installation please do not hesitate to reach out to customer care at 1-888-895-4805.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

When I bought this house, they have a system that wasn’t working and I didn't sign up. I was wondering about installing a security system and one day, one of the guys from Guardian Protection Services showed up at my door and explained to me how that works and the prices of the system. I agreed with what they showed me. I’m very satisfied until now, I see no problem and everything is working fine. The technicians were very courteous and they explained the item that they were installing and showed me it works. I can see from my phone what’s going on outside or in my living room so I like it and that’s something that I enjoy. The security equipment is great. I use the smartphone feature to see the videos on the camera and it works well, although sometimes there’s a lag. Yesterday, I tried to set up the alarm and it took a while to respond.

I wanted this is for my 87-year-old mom because sometimes we have to leave the house to do different chores and she doesn’t want to get out with us, so she’s by herself. So, I feel more comfortable now that she’s at home with the system that can help us if something happened. I hope the community sees what I have and hopefully, they’ll get more clients because I'm very happy with the system. I will love to recommend to everybody. In fact, I talk to my neighbors and explain that I have this system and hopefully, somebody becomes interested.

Hi David,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs. I'm so glad to hear the system is providing your family extra peace of mind. With an industry leading response time of less than 30 seconds, we are here to help protect what you value most in life.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Guardian Protection Services is great. I had them in my other house, and I just transferred the service and added a new system to the new house. And because my daughter was staying at that other house, Guardian transferred the system there over to their name. Setting up service with Guardian is easy. I told the lady who I spoke with on the phone the equipment that I wanted and she sent the tech out with the equipment that I asked for. The tech came in and installed the equipment all in the exact locations that I asked for it and it was a good experience.

I like the features that we have in our home security system. Guardian had it pretty much all covered. Since having our system, we have the ease of mind that we can leave the house and put the system on, and our house is guarded. We can watch our cameras through online. So, if anyone is to go in or try to break in, we’ve got something that’s going to deter them, alert authorities and let us know somebody’s trying to get into our house. I would recommend Guardian to my friends.

Hello Gerardo,

Thanks so much for the great customer testimonial! It's wonderful to hear we have been able to protect multiple homes for you. We take pride in helping to protect what matters most to your family.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Guardian Protection Services was the recommendation of our home builder. Their team has been easy to work with and very helpful throughout the whole process. The rep we sat down with prior to signing up for everything was great and the gentleman who came out to install everything was awesome. I have the system's basic features and the service been good so far. It's been easy to use and the smartphone features have been very helpful. Having Guardian has been great and I have peace of mind at night. I definitely would recommend them.

Hi Brad,

I'm glad to hear you were recommended to Guardian through your new home builder. It's also great to hear the sales and installation team were able to get you up and running quickly. Please let us know if you ever have questions.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

The Guardian Protection installers were very professional, and everything was good with the sales and customer service teams. But my dog does not like all the noises coming from the system. When I set it at night and it counts down for 60 seconds, she is petrified. I already talked to Guardian Protection about it and lowering the volume was the only solution they came up with.

When my husband opened the door and didn’t think to disarm it, we didn’t hear Guardian Protection call because I turned the volume all the way down. The system beeps more the closer it gets to 60 seconds being done and even though I lowered the volume, my dog is still afraid of it because she knows that’s where the sound is coming from. She still freaks out when the system is counting down, but not quite as bad. The alarms my kids have don’t do this countdown. They arm it, there’s a beep and that’s it, so it would be nice if that’s all our system has.

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for reviewing Guardian Protection. It's great to hear the installation went well for you. I have located your account and will have a customer care specialist reach out to see if we can help you further with the delay beeping.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I used a utility concierge when we bought our house to set up the initial stuff through Guardian and the pricing, options, technology were more in line with what we wanted. The installation went smoothly and the tech who came to my house was very knowledgeable and friendly. We discussed where I wanted the control panel put in and from there on the tech installed it. He would bring things to my attention if he thought of it and answered any questions so it was painless. He seemed to care about doing his job and making sure I understood everything the system could do for me.

I like how I can control everything from my cellphone but when I set the alarm to stay mode I would like for the doors to be instant at that point. The system seems like a good deal to me and it makes me feel more secure. My husband leaves before I do in the morning for work so I can set the alarm to stay mode, go about my business and not worry about whether or not I heard something. Guardian is easy to use and I would highly recommend it.

Hi Heather,

Thank you for the great review. I'm so happy to hear you are experiencing the peace of mind a monitored security system brings. Please give our customer care team a call with any technical questions at 1-888-895-4805. We work extended hours, 7 days a week to help.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We have a brand-new house and we were given Guardian Protection Services. The setup and installation of the security system were both done through Ranger. I filled it all out with them and when the system was installed, they added all the glass break sensors, alarm, cameras and things that we asked for. It was easy and quick, and all the features are fine. We’ve used the smartphone features for the camera and for setting and undoing the alarm. Our daughter goes home from school alone so we can monitor when she comes in and turn the alarm off so my wife likes it. I would recommend Guardian.

Hi Darren,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your family's security needs. I'm so happy to hear the smart home system is bringing convenience to your everyday life!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We've had Guardian Protection Services since last month. A security system was already in here when we moved in and we just hooked up with them. The customer service rep was very friendly and helpful. The technician came out to put in some new equipment and the interaction we had with him was fine. He was really nice and we had some other people here that worked right around him with no problem. We're still unpacking the system and figuring it out. It's a combination of a lot of things. There are several features in the system and they have some good ideas, as otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the service. My daughter uses the feature that connects with her smart phone. Since we've had Guardian's service, I've felt a change in our overall sense of security, knowing that it's there.

Hi Adele,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so happy to hear the system is working well for you. The Guardian app is convenient for on the go control of your security system.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Guardian was part of the new construction package of our builder. We dealt with their customer service setting up the entire home from a security perspective during the pre-construction phase of the building. We talked to them briefly for the turning on of the system too. They handled things positively overall. Guardian has features that are pretty comparable to other systems and companies out there so we're pretty happy with it.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear Guardian was recommended by your builder, congratulations on your new home and security system!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I have Guardian on my rental properties, as well as on my other properties and I've had them for 10 years now. My homebuilders were the ones who put us through them. The guy from Guardian who came out was cool and showed me how to do everything. He showed me the different app on my phone and all that stuff. He did a good job and it was a good experience. They also let me know that I didn’t arm my system and I still can arm it from my phone, so that’s really helpful. Overall, the system is very good.

Hello Sheena,

Thank you for being a long time Guardian customer! We appreciate your business and hope to provide you peace of mind for many more years to come.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I appreciate everything Guardian has done for us and I definitely feel safer because I got more features than I did with ADT. It was a wonderful experience and I recommend them highly.

Hi Lamar,

Thank you for trusting in Guardian to make the switch! We hope the transition went smoothly for you and I appreciate the recommendations. We look forward to providing you additional peace of mind.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I got grandkids and with the way people's houses are getting broken into, I decided to get Guardian Protection Services. The rep did a good a job and showed us how to set the alarms. He also told us how many seconds we had to get out the door and to set it if we're going to be gone. We’re also told about the motion detector and how it worked. The tech also did a good job and was really polite. It's good to have when you have kids and a sick husband. The way the world is today, you get broken into even if you're at home, at least they'll let you know if somebody is coming at the front or back door.

Hi Bessie,

Thank you for the amazing testimonial. I'm so happy to hear the monitored security system brings your family peace of mind. We are here if you ever have questions or need help.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I thought Guardian Protection Services was something I was going to be happy with, but things aren't working the way that I thought they were going to work. I thought it was a monthly bill that I was going to have and that was okay. But as soon as I had it, I had to call the company to come and work on it because the equipment is messed up. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes we get it fast and sometimes we don't. They called me a week ago because they want to charge me for the first month. They never told me that I was going to be charged for the first month. It's not right. If it is something that I got to pay monthly, they should at least let me have the first month. The equipment was installed on the 14th last month so it hasn't been a month yet. And why I should I pay for it when the equipment hasn't been working right?

They have sent people three times to my house trying to make it work right. The last time, they told me that I had to buy this piece on my own because they didn't supply that piece. It was to give more space for the camera. I went to a store to buy this piece and it cost me $300. I get a little more speed out of the system but it cost me $300 when the company should have supplied me with it. The customer service reps have not been bad though. They do what they have to do. So far, the system is working okay, just a little slow. But I won't recommend Guardian. I'm not happy with them.

Guardian Protection Services response

requested new star rating on 10/5 - per dealer, sending service and customer is satisfied

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

An agent came to my house and told me about Guardian Protection Services and they were good. During the installation, they gave me a demonstration and explained to me everything. My system’s features are good. I would recommend Guardian Protection Services to a friend.

Hi Florencio,

Thank you for the great customer testimonial! If you refer any friends make sure they write your name down on their contract, we will give you a month free for each referral!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I've had Guardian for a little over a month now. I had Vivint before and I felt secure with it but Guardian’s service is $7 a month cheaper and they updated my control board here. It's also simpler to use and I got everything that I want it to do. The technician was also fabulous and very helpful. He showed me everything about the system and we had a good rapport. He did a great job. I let the alarm go off one time and the customer service reps were very courteous and helpful. I forgot I had it set and walked out, and they were perfectly understanding about that. My experience with Guardian could not have been any better.

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for leaving Guardian an amazing review. We are so happy you made the switch to Guardian and look forward to working with you.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

In Arizona, Guardian uses door-to-door salespeople, particularly to target the elderly. The company works under the name of Skyline. My mother fell for the sales pitch and signed the contract. Once hooked into a contract, impossible to get out, even if she is in ill health, sold the home last March so the service is no longer in place, and now lives in a senior center. No amount of bargaining has been successful, so now we have been sent to a collection agency. Guess I will have to resort to an attorney to get my mother out of this situation.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

It’s easy working with Guardian. I have their system installed and everything seems to be working good. But I have one unit that has an issue with the battery and went offline, so I got to check that out when I get home. With Guardian, we know if somebody’s there and I like that we can hear if the glass breaks. I would recommend Guardian.

Hi Jonathen,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection! I see this review was collected last month and I am just now seeing it posted. I see from your account the trouble issue has restored, but if you are still experiencing a battery issue please reach out to us at 1-888-895-4805.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

The sales rep was good and he sold Guardian to me. I feel safe because we work at night and I feel safer when I leave the house. I'm happy and pleased with it and I will recommend them.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the testimonial! It's always wonderful to hear that the monitored security system can bring peace of mind while away from home. That is always our goal.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

The Guardian reps were very nice and they put the security system in right that same day. Installation was good and they cleaned up after themselves. The installer showed me how to use the system but I’m old-fashioned and I wanted a book with bigger letters because it’s hard to read on that little pad. He said that he had made up a little booklet for that. He was going to bring it by but he never did. But they’re coming today because I had some workers here to paint and they were taping up everything.

They tore the doorbell off somehow, knocked it down and try to put it back up and they couldn’t. We looked at it, just little tiny screws to put it in the front and I wasn’t happy about that and they’re coming back today to replace it. But I should have told them I want it recessed inside the plaster because if a robber wanted to enter really bad, they can just knock it off. Besides that, since having them I feel a lot safer. I know if someone’s coming in or out of the door which is nice. I am very happy with them.

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. I'm happy to hear the installation was quick and efficient for you. I have located your account and will make sure a customer care rep calls you to make sure you received everything you need.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

The Guardian rep that I talked to was very courteous and polite. He asked about everything I asked. However, I haven't been having good luck with the system. I've had the system for almost a month now and it's been constantly going off, saying my door or a window is open when they're not. It’s just me and my son who is bed-ridden so it’s not like someone moved the window. I haven’t been able to set my alarm since I’ve had it because it constantly goes off. I've called Guardian and someone came out last week but I’m still having the same issue. As soon as they left, the issue started all over again. I’m not too pleased with that. The only thing I really like is the doorbell camera.

Also, they only gave me one pad, and with ADT, I had one in the front and one in the back. They told me that they could only give one pad and if I want another pad, they told me it was going to be $600 dollars more. It’s not that loud so I can’t really hear it, and it’s in on my cellphone. I don’t want a system basically dependent on my cellphone. They should give more than one pad, but I guess it’s a blessing because if I had one in my bedroom and it was going off too, I would have smashed it at the wall and threw it out the window.

Guardian Protection Services Company Information