Call toll free
4.18/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection provides years of experience in innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses in the following states: DE, DC, FL, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, NJ, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV. Guardian provides the Edge™ in high-tech, reliable options. Some services include traditional security technology including intrusion and fire detection, indoor and outdoor video security, and smart home features like automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. These services can be accessed from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens you can feel comfortable knowing that our 24/7, award-winning monitoring center will initiate a response in an average of 30 seconds or less.

Get the Guardian Edge™: More than just security; peace of mind and convenience. Call us today! We Connect What Matters!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Guardian Protection’s three plans cover most people’s needs. Although they charge an installation fee, reviews praise their helpful customer service, and the basic equipment is included.

PROS

• Highly praised customer service
  • Home Theft Protection Guarantee
  • Complimentary basic equipment

CONS

• Services limited by state
  • Installation fees

Top Guardian Protection Reviews

I'm single. I just have me and my little dog so I feel much safer having the Guardian system … I do arm it when I'm gone for work then also if I go somewhere for a weekend. It makes me feel better knowing that I have that extra level of security.

My husband traveled and I was nervous about being home alone … I started looking and Guardian's price was right when they were gonna put it into my house … I’ve probably had Guardian for 20 years and it’s been a good experience. I’m very satisfied with Guardian.

How does Guardian Protection work?

Guardian Protection offers three different plans with contracts running from 3 to 5 years in length. Guardian Protection also has “smash-and-crash” technology that keeps the protection going even if a thief tampers with or otherwise damages your security system.

To get started, speak with a Guardian Protection representative — they will be able to walk you through the different plan options and help you choose the best one for your needs.

Guardian Protection plans

Guardian Protection has three plans: Standard, Essential and Premium. Every package from Guardian comes with wireless and cellular connection, 24/7 monitoring, free mobile app usage and limited lifetime system repair. The Standard package starts at $29.95, the Essential package starts at $45.99, and the Edge package starts at $59.99.

Guardian Protection also has a Home Theft Protection Guarantee: If there is a break-in at your house, Guardian Protection will pay the customer $500 to put toward their deductible.

StandardEssentialPremium
Touchscreen control keypad
3 door and window sensors
Motion sensor
Smoke detector
Yard sign and window decals
24/7 professional monitoring
Medical pendant
One home automation device*
One video surveillance device**
Standard
Essential
Premium
*An HD video doorbell, garage door switch, light module, thermostat or door lock.**An indoor camera, outdoor camera or HD video doorbell.

Guardian Protection products

The basic package from Guardian Protection comes with a wireless touchscreen control panel. With the control panel, you can arm and disarm the system, check your sensor status, speak to the monitoring center and even see the daily forecast. You can upgrade to the more advanced Qolsys IQ Panel 2 touch screen for about $200, which includes a camera, siren, glass break sensor, and other features. A Guardian Protection app is also available for your mobile device. Other equipment from Guardian Protection includes:

• motion sensor systems
  • glass break detector
  • indoor cameras and outdoor cameras
  • garage door switch
  • door locks
  • door and window sensors
  • central monitoring station

For a full Guardian home technologies price list, it’s best to contact the company directly.

Guardian Protection installation

A Guardian professional must install the Guardian Protection security system, and there is an additional fee for this installation added to your bill. For the Basic package, this addition will probably be $99; but, it might cost more for more complex packages or additional equipment.

Guardian Protection FAQ

Is Guardian Protection available in my state?
Guardian Protection services are available in:
  • Arizona
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia
What do reviews say about Guardian Protection?
Guardian Protection reviews mention Guardian’s friendly and helpful customer service in addition to their quick alarm response times.
How to cancel Guardian Protection services?
Contact Guardian Protection directly if you wish to cancel a Guardian protection service contract; however, the company has a strict cancellation policy. If you cancel, you must still pay 100% of your remaining balance.

Do we recommend Guardian Protection?

We recommend Guardian Protection. We like that Guardian Protection takes responsibility in the case of a robbery by providing $500 toward the insurance deductible. We also like Guardian Protection's smart home features that make it easy to stay updated with your home security. Just make sure that Guardian Protection provides service in your state.

Guardian Protection Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Guardian is much superior than the other provider that I've used in the past. Their tech seemed very capable. I needed a strobe put in because I have a hearing problem, and he haven't done that before, but he sat and figured it out and got it in just fine. He had to order the strobe light and come back a second day. They don't carry them. I happen to live in a town that has a lot of elderly and disabled people as well as the state's school for the deaf. So given the demographics here, there are people who would use the strobe light. And if they realized they had it, they would probably want it. But other than that, it was a very professional, polite, and pleasant interaction.

I am in a wheelchair, and I have mobility and physical issues, and I also have hearing problems. I like the fact that I can take the panel from room to room with me and have it at hand where I can deal with it instead of having it up. The system I had before was on the wall and I had to stand up out of my wheelchair and reach above me to use it, which was quite inconvenient. But with Guardian, it's wherever I need it to be. I can also do the same way with the strobe and siren system, which is a little plug-in thing that goes into the wall like your system.

The other system that I had would announce whenever there was a tornado warning for my particular area. There was a kind of a beeping tone that would come across to let me know, and a message that appeared on the screen that there was a tornado within my area. I needed to be aware of that as a safety feature. I do miss that and I wish Guardian does that too. Also, I really wish there was a manual that came with it. I have a great deal of difficulty figuring things out by guess and by gosh, and I'm very good with electronics. I wish it was a small six-page pamphlet that explains, "If you want to do this, this is how you do it or this is what this feature is," type thing.

The strobe light makes me feel very much more secure. I have a feeling that several times people come to my door and I don't even know they're there. I have had a few times when people have tried to deliver packages and I've had to call them to come back two or three times and told them they have to call me and let me know that they were at the door because I would not come to pick up the package because I wouldn't know they were at my door. That was a little bit scary.

The tech set up the system in the main room, so it's where it is most of the time, but when I go to bed at night, I take the strobe and the pad in my room with me as well as I have a wristband. He also was able to hook it up to go through by telephone and internet. With the other system I had before, I had a wired house internet. They couldn't put that through which didn't make much sense to me. So now, I feel much better because I've got this band that's on my wrist that I can take with me. I can access it with my cellphone as well as I can move the pad around where I am.

I had fallen twice in my house when I had the other system. I had really stumbled and my footing ran away from me and I ended up sitting on the floor, and I couldn't get back up. I had to crawl to my cellphone because I couldn't even reach the security pad since I had to stand up to hit it to make it go off. But with Guardian, I feel much more secure that I've got enough systems if that happened again.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I moved to Fairmount, Indiana and it was just me and my grandson. The house I bought here has two stories and he discovered that the porch was very easily accessible, just by stepping out the window. My sister has Guardian and she told me to call them. They came and talked to me, and we fixed everything. I haven’t had any problems with the installation at all. A gentleman came and did all my downstairs windows, my doors and especially the bedroom windows upstairs for my grandson who would sit out on the porch.

By now, I've had Guardian for almost six years and I would definitely recommend them. I love it. I'm an elderly person and I’ve got my little grandson that I’m raising. He was only 6 at that time and it was a little difficult for me. All the bedrooms and stuff are upstairs and I slept little at night because we were having some problems with some children. They were mostly breaking in to elderly people’s homes for the stuff they thought they could find. But that got all figured out. There were people right here and they took care of the situation. I felt really secured and I sleep well at night knowing that the system would go off if it’s necessary.

We also had an incident where there were kids who thought it was fun to go around and hit people’s windows. When they hit one and knocked it off, Guardian came right out and fixed it for me. They didn’t even hesitate. Their reps have also always been wonderful. Every time I set the system off, they would always call in to check on me and they were always right there to do whatever I’ve needed. Plus they’ve always been very sweet. I couldn’t ask for better.

The system's features are also wonderful and the smartphone features are really good. If I’m upstairs and I forgot to turn the system on, there’s some notice and it lets me correct the problem without having to come down the stairs, which is a little difficult sometimes since I’m 76 years old. The only problem I have is that I can’t reach the fire alarm to change the battery unless I climb up on the ladder. But the fire department is right next to me here. Then one time, for some reason, I had the system go off in the office or wherever it's supposed to go off but it didn’t go off here. Guardian had to call my sister, who was on the list of emergency contacts, and they called the police station. The next thing I knew, my sister was breaking in. I thought that my alarm wasn’t going off but Guardian had them here and they were checking in, and I appreciated that. Guardian came, checked the system and fixed whatever was wrong with it.

Hi Glendill,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your new home's security! It's wonderful to hear the installation went well and the professionally monitored security system is bringing your family the additional peace of mind you deserve.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 4, 2019

I used to have ADT at another house and one of the primary things that used to bother me was that the alarm would just go off. And if you get too many of them, you have to pay for it. The ADT system was at a rental property, so I wasn’t there a lot of the times. The cops would have to come out because I wasn’t there to say that it was okay and that it was false alarm. One time, I would stand there and it just went off and there was nothing going on. So, it was a lot of false alarms that I wasn’t setting off. Guardian offered us to try something new, plus I was looking at video cameras.

The first rep that came was excellent. He was the actual installer and he was very patient and detailed. He didn't get irritated no matter how many questions I asked. He took his time with me and my husband over the questions that we had, especially on the online system, when we were first setting everything up. I didn’t like the way the cameras were positioned. So he went back up on the ladder and he repositioned it.

Later on, I still had to call because I wanted one changed from the side of the house to the garage, and somebody else came out for that. He was an older gentleman and his ladder wasn’t tall enough. He couldn't get up way high so he couldn’t reach it. But he was really nice and helpful as much as he could. He said he would put in to have somebody else come out. Somebody was supposed to call to come back out and nobody every called. But that was for the second go-around because for the first go-around, the younger guy did everything that I asked him to do.

I like the features in my system. I bring up the app on my tablet and phone. But I noticed that I can't bring up the doorbell on the computer. I can only bring it up on the tablet or smartphone. So when I’m on the computer and I pull up all the cameras live, it pulls up everything, but the doorbell camera. The rep told me that I can bring it up but it won't be live. It will only be video that have been saved throughout the day that triggered the doorbell. But other than that, I like it a lot. It was really nice that Guardian was able to put the alarm on this house. When we go to sleep at night, it is extra security. When my husband’s not home, I can put it on. It is good knowing that I can do that, and if these doors opened up, it would set off the alarm. I like that.

Hi Jacqui,

Thank you for sharing a helpful and detailed review of your customer experience! Guardian Protection is proud to provide you with additional peace of mind every day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had moved into a house with a Guardian system in it. That was about 17 years ago. The interaction with the rep from Guardian has been very good. My two most recent episodes had been when I moved into the house that I'm in now. It was being built. A sales rep actually came out. We discussed various options. It was all good information, and he was very helpful.

I had another discussion about a month or so ago with an in-office inside sales person. Having read my contract and if it started if I did nothing, the contract would roll over for another five years which is way too long for anything to roll over. But the rep was very helpful in, first of all, agreeing that we would go on a month to month basis when this contract terminated. But we both agreed that probably around April or May of this year, we would discuss various other renewal options for the security system in the house and different products that are now available through Guardian. So it's all very good.

Also, the overall features were great. But one caveat about them is that I just have a very basic, barebones system here. That's really all that I feel that I need, although I am open to further discussion when I talk to the sales folks in April or May. Also, I don’t like the pricing on the system. It's $45 a month, and when I balked at that, almost five years ago when the house was being constructed, I was told that that monthly premium or fee embraced the fact that they were installing a system in the house, and they wanted to amortize it over five years.

I get that, but I came from a home where the billing was about $27 a month because the system had been installed a long time ago and I was on a month to month. The pricing is a bit high, for what other competitors are offering. And when I spoke to the salesperson, I told him that we need to talk about that and we need to see what's available going forward.

And another critique was the system alarm went off one time. I was away and about 650 miles from home. For whatever reason, Guardian called the police before they called me. That was just unacceptable because I had to pay the police for a false alarm. It was at that point that the Guardian rep told me that sometimes, these systems will go off if a fly or a spider is on or moves across the motion detector.

I never knew that and it has concerned me every time I leave this house and I put the motion detector on. So that's a technical issue that we need to talk about going forward because I don’t want false alarms especially if I'm out of state. I don’t want to pay the police to come out here and look at a house that's got a false alarm going on. Even so, any time that I've needed Guardian, they have been available for consultation. They are also very easy to deal with.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for sharing detailed feedback on your customer experience. It's great to hear you have been a member of the Guardian Protection family for so long and we appreciate your business. Please message us here or call 1-800-PROTECT with any additional system questions.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

The Guardian sales reps came to the door, explained what they were doing and I decided to go with it. We haven't had the security system for six months but one of the batteries has already gone bad. One time, I went out and had my phone on vibrate. The sensor in the back door that goes in the yard was not functioning properly and it bypassed that door, which wasn't armed while I was gone. The reps called me and left me a message so I called them back. We checked the unit and it was back on. Then, I went out the other day and the sensor came back on again and said that the battery was low on the back door. I checked the unit and it came back on. I pulled the battery out, put in a new one and it has been functioning since.

But, for a new system, I shouldn't have had to replace the battery for at least two or three years. I've got two more doors that have sensors on them and I haven't had any problem with batteries going dead on me. I'm assuming that the battery was either bad or instead of getting a new sensor out of a package, they gave me one that wasn't new.

I have also called Guardian about something I didn't understand about the alarm system. The signal of the keyfob on the outside of the house didn't go to the monitor and the alarm went off. It had a big red light on the screen 'cause I disarmed it when I came in the door from outside. It worked that way and I've been doing that ever since. I've never bothered to fool with the screen with the other alarms that I had but for this one, I set it, I have 45 seconds to get out the door and there seems to be no problem with it. I had my phone off too and I didn't know it wasn't armed properly. Still, I've not had any major problems with the Guardian security system while I've had several alarms that went off with my old system. Also, I was afraid to walk out of my house the way things were around the community but with Guardian, I felt somewhat secure.

Hello Elwood,

Thank you for leaving feedback for Guardian Protection Services. I'll check into your account and see how we can help with that battery. We are honored to be your home security provider and I'm glad to hear the professionally monitored security is bringing you peace of mind.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Guardian Protection's customer service reps are consistent, knowledgeable and polite. They all say the same things and ask the same questions. They're able to transfer me to another department if needed. When we have maintenance issues, they have been quick to respond. An alarm can go sounding off for one second and they'd be calling. When we're gone, we're gone most of the day. The system usually doesn't go off, but if it does, they call instantly. We have a keypad downstairs by our door as well as window and door sensors. We experienced a sensor falling off the window in the summertime, when people open and shut, open and shut. Other than that, we haven't had any malfunctions. Moreover, the bill is affordable.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I got Guardian following a referral from a friend, and I've had it for several years now. It's a good quality system.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We've had Guardian Protection since we moved in in March. The builder recommended them and it was part of the package so it was a very easy transition. It was also professionally done. The system is working perfectly and it's exactly what we wanted.

Hi James,

Thank you for being a part of the Guardian Protection family! It's wonderful to hear you included us in your new home build and we look forward to providing you with additional peace of mind every day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

The Guardian Protection rep was very personable. They told me things that were relevant to me. I like what they had to say as well as the pricing. My husband has MS, and at certain times of the day, he’s there by himself. They told me the features that would be beneficial towards him so that I wouldn’t have to wonder or worry about him getting hurt or somebody breaking in on us and him panicking. He has the one that you wear around the neck instead of the arms. We also have the panel that has the things we use on it and rather than a button. He could just reach over there, touch the screen, and it comes up on my phone every time he opens the door.

The installation went fantastically. We had little problems with the doorbell camera at first, but the installer came back out and redid everything. He uninstalled it and reinstalled it as new. He thinks we had a power outage where we lost internet connection, so it disconnected from the internet. We have an error that says that the LG has not been communicating with it and we don’t know how to fix that. They tried to walk me through it but I didn't have a computer and just had my phone, so I couldn't go to their website and do anything. Other than that, everything has been fantastic and the technicians have been awesome.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Guardian was chosen by the builder when we bought a new house. We had a meeting with one of their salespeople and the installation was done while the house was being built. While there was very little direct interaction with them, it was good. They were clear, pleasant, and friendly. Then, the whole system was ready. We got a standard package and it meets our needs. It works and it's good.

Guardian Protection Company Information