Call toll free
4.25/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection provides years of experience in innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses. Guardian provides the Edge™ in high-tech, reliable options. Some services include traditional security technology including intrusion and fire detection, indoor and outdoor video security, and smart home features like automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. These services can be accessed from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens you can feel comfortable knowing that our 24/7, award-winning monitoring center will initiate a response in an average of 30 seconds or less.

Get the Guardian Edge™: More than just security; peace of mind and convenience. Call us today! We Connect What Matters!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Guardian Protection’s three plans cover most people’s needs. Although they charge an installation fee, reviews praise their helpful customer service, and the basic equipment is included.

PROS

• Highly praised customer service
  • Home Theft Protection Guarantee
  • Complimentary basic equipment

CONS

• Installation fees

Top Guardian Protection Reviews

06/03/2019

I'm single. I just have me and my little dog so I feel much safer having the Guardian system … I do arm it when I'm gone for work then also if I go somewhere for a weekend. It makes me feel better knowing that I have that extra level of security.

06/08/2019

My husband traveled and I was nervous about being home alone … I started looking and Guardian's price was right when they were gonna put it into my house … I’ve probably had Guardian for 20 years and it’s been a good experience. I’m very satisfied with Guardian.

How does Guardian Protection work?

Guardian Protection offers three different plans with contracts running from 3 to 5 years in length. Guardian Protection also has “smash-and-crash” technology that keeps the protection going even if a thief tampers with or otherwise damages your security system.

To get started, speak with a Guardian Protection representative — they will be able to walk you through the different plan options and help you choose the best one for your needs.

Guardian Protection plans

Guardian Protection has three plans: Standard, Essential and Premium. Every package from Guardian comes with wireless and cellular connection, 24/7 monitoring, free mobile app usage and limited lifetime system repair. The Standard package starts at $29.95, the Essential package starts at $45.99, and the Edge package starts at $59.99.

Guardian Protection also has a Home Theft Protection Guarantee: If there is a break-in at your house, Guardian Protection will pay the customer $500 to put toward their deductible.

StandardEssentialPremium
Touchscreen control keypad
3 door and window sensors
Motion sensor
Smoke detector
Yard sign and window decals
24/7 professional monitoring
Medical pendant
One home automation device*
One video surveillance device**
Standard
Essential
Premium
*An HD video doorbell, garage door switch, light module, thermostat or door lock.**An indoor camera, outdoor camera or HD video doorbell.

Guardian Protection products

The basic package from Guardian Protection comes with a wireless touchscreen control panel. With the control panel, you can arm and disarm the system, check your sensor status, speak to the monitoring center and even see the daily forecast. You can upgrade to the more advanced Qolsys IQ Panel 2 touch screen for about $200, which includes a camera, siren, glass break sensor, and other features. A Guardian Protection app is also available for your mobile device. Other equipment from Guardian Protection includes:

• motion sensor systems
  • glass break detector
  • indoor cameras and outdoor cameras
  • garage door switch
  • door locks
  • door and window sensors
  • central monitoring station

For a full Guardian home technologies price list, it’s best to contact the company directly.

Guardian Protection installation

A Guardian professional must install the Guardian Protection security system, and there is an additional fee for this installation added to your bill. For the Basic package, this addition will probably be $99; but, it might cost more for more complex packages or additional equipment.

Guardian Protection FAQ

Is Guardian Protection available in my state?
Guardian Protection services are available in:
  • Arizona
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia
What do reviews say about Guardian Protection?
Guardian Protection reviews mention Guardian’s friendly and helpful customer service in addition to their quick alarm response times.
How to cancel Guardian Protection services?
Contact Guardian Protection directly if you wish to cancel a Guardian protection service contract; however, the company has a strict cancellation policy. If you cancel, you must still pay 100% of your remaining balance.

Do we recommend Guardian Protection?

We recommend Guardian Protection. We like that Guardian Protection takes responsibility in the case of a robbery by providing $500 toward the insurance deductible. We also like Guardian Protection's smart home features that make it easy to stay updated with your home security. Just make sure that Guardian Protection provides service in your state.

1974 Guardian Protection Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 4, 2019

I used to have ADT at another house and one of the primary things that used to bother me was that the alarm would just go off. And if you get too many of them, you have to pay for it. The ADT system was at a rental property, so I wasn’t there a lot of the times. The cops would have to come out because I wasn’t there to say that it was okay and that it was false alarm. One time, I would stand there and it just went off and there was nothing going on. So, it was a lot of false alarms that I wasn’t setting off. Guardian offered us to try something new, plus I was looking at video cameras.

The first rep that came was excellent. He was the actual installer and he was very patient and detailed. He didn't get irritated no matter how many questions I asked. He took his time with me and my husband over the questions that we had, especially on the online system, when we were first setting everything up. I didn’t like the way the cameras were positioned. So he went back up on the ladder and he repositioned it.

Later on, I still had to call because I wanted one changed from the side of the house to the garage, and somebody else came out for that. He was an older gentleman and his ladder wasn’t tall enough. He couldn't get up way high so he couldn’t reach it. But he was really nice and helpful as much as he could. He said he would put in to have somebody else come out. Somebody was supposed to call to come back out and nobody every called. But that was for the second go-around because for the first go-around, the younger guy did everything that I asked him to do.

I like the features in my system. I bring up the app on my tablet and phone. But I noticed that I can't bring up the doorbell on the computer. I can only bring it up on the tablet or smartphone. So when I’m on the computer and I pull up all the cameras live, it pulls up everything, but the doorbell camera. The rep told me that I can bring it up but it won't be live. It will only be video that have been saved throughout the day that triggered the doorbell. But other than that, I like it a lot. It was really nice that Guardian was able to put the alarm on this house. When we go to sleep at night, it is extra security. When my husband’s not home, I can put it on. It is good knowing that I can do that, and if these doors opened up, it would set off the alarm. I like that.

Hi Jacqui,

Thank you for sharing a helpful and detailed review of your customer experience! Guardian Protection is proud to provide you with additional peace of mind every day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had moved into a house with a Guardian system in it. That was about 17 years ago. The interaction with the rep from Guardian has been very good. My two most recent episodes had been when I moved into the house that I'm in now. It was being built. A sales rep actually came out. We discussed various options. It was all good information, and he was very helpful.

I had another discussion about a month or so ago with an in-office inside sales person. Having read my contract and if it started if I did nothing, the contract would roll over for another five years which is way too long for anything to roll over. But the rep was very helpful in, first of all, agreeing that we would go on a month to month basis when this contract terminated. But we both agreed that probably around April or May of this year, we would discuss various other renewal options for the security system in the house and different products that are now available through Guardian. So it's all very good.

Also, the overall features were great. But one caveat about them is that I just have a very basic, barebones system here. That's really all that I feel that I need, although I am open to further discussion when I talk to the sales folks in April or May. Also, I don’t like the pricing on the system. It's $45 a month, and when I balked at that, almost five years ago when the house was being constructed, I was told that that monthly premium or fee embraced the fact that they were installing a system in the house, and they wanted to amortize it over five years.

I get that, but I came from a home where the billing was about $27 a month because the system had been installed a long time ago and I was on a month to month. The pricing is a bit high, for what other competitors are offering. And when I spoke to the salesperson, I told him that we need to talk about that and we need to see what's available going forward.

And another critique was the system alarm went off one time. I was away and about 650 miles from home. For whatever reason, Guardian called the police before they called me. That was just unacceptable because I had to pay the police for a false alarm. It was at that point that the Guardian rep told me that sometimes, these systems will go off if a fly or a spider is on or moves across the motion detector.

I never knew that and it has concerned me every time I leave this house and I put the motion detector on. So that's a technical issue that we need to talk about going forward because I don’t want false alarms especially if I'm out of state. I don’t want to pay the police to come out here and look at a house that's got a false alarm going on. Even so, any time that I've needed Guardian, they have been available for consultation. They are also very easy to deal with.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for sharing detailed feedback on your customer experience. It's great to hear you have been a member of the Guardian Protection family for so long and we appreciate your business. Please message us here or call 1-800-PROTECT with any additional system questions.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

The Guardian sales reps came to the door, explained what they were doing and I decided to go with it. We haven't had the security system for six months but one of the batteries has already gone bad. One time, I went out and had my phone on vibrate. The sensor in the back door that goes in the yard was not functioning properly and it bypassed that door, which wasn't armed while I was gone. The reps called me and left me a message so I called them back. We checked the unit and it was back on. Then, I went out the other day and the sensor came back on again and said that the battery was low on the back door. I checked the unit and it came back on. I pulled the battery out, put in a new one and it has been functioning since.

But, for a new system, I shouldn't have had to replace the battery for at least two or three years. I've got two more doors that have sensors on them and I haven't had any problem with batteries going dead on me. I'm assuming that the battery was either bad or instead of getting a new sensor out of a package, they gave me one that wasn't new.

I have also called Guardian about something I didn't understand about the alarm system. The signal of the keyfob on the outside of the house didn't go to the monitor and the alarm went off. It had a big red light on the screen 'cause I disarmed it when I came in the door from outside. It worked that way and I've been doing that ever since. I've never bothered to fool with the screen with the other alarms that I had but for this one, I set it, I have 45 seconds to get out the door and there seems to be no problem with it. I had my phone off too and I didn't know it wasn't armed properly. Still, I've not had any major problems with the Guardian security system while I've had several alarms that went off with my old system. Also, I was afraid to walk out of my house the way things were around the community but with Guardian, I felt somewhat secure.

Hello Elwood,

Thank you for leaving feedback for Guardian Protection Services. I'll check into your account and see how we can help with that battery. We are honored to be your home security provider and I'm glad to hear the professionally monitored security is bringing you peace of mind.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We built a new home and when we were selecting the things for our house, Guardian representatives came to our home. Plenty of our neighbors opted not to have Guardian installed, but we chose to have it installed. And we’re still with them for about eight years now. Their monthly monitoring fee has gone up twice since we’ve been with Guardian and nobody has complained about it. Then when calling in with a question or a problem, the first representative you speak to leaves something to be desired. They are very inflexible.

About a month ago, we kept getting a low battery alarm on the recorder. My husband frequently travels so the recorder is important. And when I go to bed at night, I like knowing that if somebody comes in, I’m gonna know who it is. I called Guardian about it and the individual that answered the phone asked me if I put a battery in it. I told him that I did not because it was the third time in six weeks and that something was wrong with the unit. He looked back and saw that we had calls and had a service call. He then said that they would have to send somebody up to come out.

The first available date that the rep gave me was 10 days away, but I wasn’t okay with that. 10 days is a long time when you are talking about home protection. But he said that he couldn’t make any appointments for anything other than the first available date. Then I asked to speak to his supervisor, but it was 7 o’clock in the evening. There was no supervisor present and that he was the on-call person. I would have to call back the next day and speak to someone else because it was not acceptable. But before I could call back the next day, a technician called and said that he had an opening. He finished a job on the other side of our neighborhood and he could be there in 20 minutes. He came and he replaced the unit.

I also asked the technician why we kept having the low battery thing. We put the proper batteries in it and it should last for longer than two weeks. He went downstairs and he came back and said that the problem was the communication box. It needs to be located on the first floor, not in the basement. The unit tries too hard to connect with the box, which is what comes to our monitoring center, and it is eating up our batteries. So, he moved the unit up on the first floor in a very discreet location. Everything has been operating wonderfully since. It was the worst experience I’ve had, but it was resolved very easily as soon as I talked to a technician. We have also encouraged other people who are building to have Guardian installed. They offered free installation while we were building the house. And Guardian is the perfect way to go.

Hello Mary,

Thank you for including Guardian Protection in your home build! We appreciate your feedback and loyalty over the years and I'm glad to hear the technician took care of your initial issues.

Sincerley,

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I searched a lot of security companies and Guardian sounded good at that time for me. Their customer service is normally good. I get very frustrated sometimes, and the only reason is that I would get a person that doesn’t know what they're doing and they refuse to pass me to somebody else that can help me better. I've walked into a couple of those problems. Also, we didn't get a capable panel to do Z-Wave home automation because Guardian's prices are totally crazy. They told me they don't deal with devices that are already Z-Wave, which I have, and that I would have to buy stuff from them but their prices are not cheap. And I understood that, but at the same time, if you have a car and you have insurance, you don’t have to sell the car and buy a new car to get another insurance company.

I have two locations with Guardian, a house in New Jersey and another in Florida. With anything we do in New Jersey, everything runs smooth. If there's any problem, we take care of it right away and everything is cool. With the house in Florida, because I get the service and I get the knowledge in New Jersey, I expect to have the same thing, which should be the same. But every time we do something, something always comes out and most of the time, something goes wrong. The biggest issue I have with the Florida location is that the devices don’t function the same as up here in New Jersey. We always have a problem with the batteries.

Also, for example, I would call for a service call in Florida and the guy would come out without the piece that I called about. But the last couple of times have been a lot better. They have been really good the last year because they were quick and they've been a lot better than what it used to be. We used them a lot. It has been not bad so far and I just signed up with them again for two years. I feel better when I go away or when I go to sleep at night because I know that if something is to happen, I'll always have a system that can tell me somebody is breaking through the backdoor. In a sense, it's peaceful that way. Guardian is good and reliable.

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for having Guardian Protection in two locations! I'm sorry to hear your user experience hasn't been the same but we appreciate the feedback. I'm also glad to hear the system is providing you the peace of mind you deserve.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Dave was professional and courteous in his workmanship and explanation of how the system functions. He explained the various options for placement as it pertained to our use of the home. He also helped downloading the Guardian App and showing us firsthand how it works.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for reviewing your recent service interaction with Dave! It's great to hear he provided 5 star service and Guardian Protection is proud to protect your world.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Guardian is the fourth security system provider we've had, and they've been the best. The installation took a couple of hours and it went smoothly. We went with them owing to their price, but the service calls were a little overpriced. They don't have local repair people, and the ones we had to do the repair came out of Lubbock. The people were nice and professional, though. Overall, I would recommend Guardian.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for switching to Guardian Protection! It's great to hear the services have met your expectations and we look forward to providing you additional peace of mind every day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We decided we needed a security system, then we contacted Guardian and went with them. Dealing with their representatives, as well as the installation, went absolutely fine. The installers were professional and they cleaned up after themselves.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your installation experience on Consumer Affairs. Guardian Protection is honored to be your security company of choice and we appreciate your business very much.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Prior to using Guardian, I had a different home security system provider which did some type of upgrade to our system but we were never really connected for a whole year. Then, I did a five-year contract with Guardian and found them to be much better. We are probably around midyear in our fourth year with them and I feel secure having them. I have the app and if my son comes into town and I’m not at home, he could always call me and I can disarm the system through my phone, which is a nice feature. I would recommend Guardian.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My son mentioned Guardian Security as one of the outfits, and I decided to talk to them first. Their rep came out and I liked what he said. Although they were not the lowest, they were reasonably priced. I had the system installed about seven years ago and the guy who came out did a nice job. Everything, including the motions and smoke alarm, has been fine and I'm very pleased with the service. One day, a girl called and said the battery was going bad. I like her. She sent me a battery, and Guardian billed me. They trusted me that I was gonna send them the money. I put in the battery, and it went fine. With Guardian Security, I feel very comfortable leaving my house.

Hi Frank,

Thanks so much for sharing a great customer testimonial. Guardian Protection is dedicated to helping to protect your world and we appreciate your continued business over the years. Have a safe day.

Guardian Protection Company Information