toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Austin,

We hope you are enjoying the convenience your new system can provide. Welcome to the Guardian family!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Guardian Protection Services was referred by a utility concierge and they handled everything when I decided on the system. I was there when the guy installed the system and he was really professional, friendly, and very quick. He did good work and everything was cleaned up afterwards.

Guardian Protection Services

Thanks for your review Rebba. We love to hear customer stories like yours. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any questions or concerns.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The house that we got was pretty big and we wanted everything to be secured, and in case my son and daughter ever wanted to go to the house while we're not there, they could have their own code for the door to get in. The service that Guardian Protection has provided so far has been excellent. Their sales reps were real knowledgeable and everything with the installation team was outstanding. They were on time, showed us how to use the product and cleaned up after themselves. I got it in two houses. I got one for the house that we're living in and then another for our house that my son is living in.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for taking the time to share a review, Max. Customer feedback is very important to what we do and we very much appreciate your comments. Let us know if you run into any questions.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

The items that were mentioned to my wife and me was the main factor for us to make the decision on getting the service from Guardian Protection Services. The sales rep was very good. At first I was very skeptic because I didn’t know who he was. But after I checked on the internet and verified he was legit, everything went smooth. If anybody needs a security system, I would definitely give them Guardian's number. I’m very happy with the service.

Hello Harold,

I'm sorry to hear we started off in a negative sense, I have received word that we reached you to troubleshoot your issue and scheduled service. Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

Cannot make front door lock work as was shown. Lost paperwork. Don't cannot locate. So I do not like very much. Don't have installer phone number. I would give him hell. Never to check on his work. Said he would. Need costumer support to get through all of the details.

Hello Shaquana,

It's great to hear you had a positive sales and installation experience with Guardian! Guardian is happy to provide different level packages based on your needs, and the interactive capability takes home automation convenience one step further. If you need any additional support with your interactive features please contact customer care at 1-888-895-4805.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

We're new homeowners and we have Guardian's services that started this week. We have a basic package compared to what I would usually get with a different company. It's more cost effective. The sales rep was very friendly and answered all the questions that I had. The installer gave a demo for the alarm and the ring because he added the bell camera with it. I was able to use the alarm app, but not quite with the ring app. I've got to figure some things and I may have to call the actual ring company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Services?

Hello Jason,

It's great to hear about your positive installation experience with Guardian Protection Services! Welcome to the Guardian family and have a safe day.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I've been using Guardian Protection for less than a month and the features included in my package are the glass break and all the door alarms and fire protection. The sales rep I dealt with was good and the installation was quick, too. I've no complaints.

Hello Theresa,

Thank you for taking the time to review your sales experience with Guardian Protection Services! I'm very happy to hear you had a great experience and we will make sure the sales representative receives your compliment. Your family's peace of mind is our number one goal!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

We were with Vivint before but they’re from Utah and we’ve never heard from them since we got their security system. I was going to cancel it and the gentleman from Guardian showed up and so far, we have been excellently satisfied with Guardian's services. The sales rep was very personable, showed us everything and explained it in layman's terms. If we had any questions, he made sure we understand how to use it. He took his time and we were his main priority. We have the fire alarm system and we got another package on my daughter's house, too. I was afraid for her to stay there by herself but with Guardian, I’m not afraid anymore and neither is she.

Hello Donald,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your installation experience with Guardian. From the sounds of it you are working out the kinks with customer service already, but if there is anything we can be of further assistance with please don't hesitate to ask!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I talked to someone from Guardian Protection back in September and I told him to come in and put me in one. The services included in my package are the police station and the windows and doors. Interactions with their customer service and installation have all been good. But there's something wrong with the system. It's not working right. However, a lot of it was my fault, not understanding how to operate it. But they're gonna come back and lead me through it again. And they'll be putting another sensor on my building and a speaker outside.

Hello Larry,

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your sales and installation experience with us. We are pleased to hear everything went smoothly for you, if you need assistance with any system operations please contact our customer care team at 1-888-895-4805 at your convenience.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I got the motion detector and the door and window alarms from Guardian Protection. I haven’t messed with it much yet and I’m trying to figure out what is what on it. But the sales rep and installer that I dealt with were great. The installer explained everything pretty good and answered all my questions.

Hello Darryl,

It's great to hear that for the most part you have enjoyed your Guardian experience! I'm sorry to hear you are not happy with the camera, if there is anything we can do to assist please email us at wecare@gpsx.net. Thank you again for being part of the Guardian family!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

When I first moved in to my new home, I'm supposed to have Guardian but the lady told me that they can't come out for a week. I told her that I can't have my home unprotected for a whole week. And so I called my sister. She told me to go to ADT. ADT came out but then an item was missing from my home while the techs were there and they couldn’t tell me what happened to my footage on my cameras, so I fired them and I came to Guardian. I got a package with window breakers and four cameras from them. I like their app better than the ADT one. The only thing I don't like is their camera, it has lower quality and it sucks. I will be interested in upgrading if they invest in some cameras. Everything else is all I wanted. I love the keypad and the remote for my phone and I can use my phone to open my garage. The service is also superb. I told my sister about them and I'll see if she can leave ADT.

Leslie,

Thank you for sharing your Guardian experience. We hope you are enjoying your new system and continuing to learn more about it. Let us know if you run into any questions or concerns.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

The interactions I had with Guardian's sales reps have been great. My wife said everything went well during the activation. I've only had the system for a month and I'm still getting used to it, but so far, it's good.

Hello Kermit,

I am glad to hear your upgrade experience went well with Guardian Protection. Also please feel free to stop by the app store and leave a review regarding the phone app, we are always looking for additional ideas for development!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Guardian did a free upgrade for us, though we barely use the security system. When their installers came, they explained and showed us the system. Also, their app is cool and convenient to use.

Hello Mr. Quintern,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your Guardian Protection Services experience. We hope you enjoy the additional peace of mind a monitored security system provides and welcome to the Guardian family!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

The Guardian Protection Services sales rep did a very good job and the installation seemed to be very professionally done.

Hello Srikanth,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your detailed installation experience! I have looked further into your account and see that the smoke detector you had mentioned was installed after your review on 2/10/17. If you still need any additional support regarding this please email me at wecare@gpsx.net.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I was building my home Guardian Protection uses legal protection service for residential community. And I looked them up online and I felt it's good and took the Guardian Service's professional monitoring. Their sales rep was very cooperative. He explained to me all the different packages. Installation was very good too. There's a lot of questions and the installer almost spent more than one and a half hour and he explained to me all those things and how to handle it. However, they forgot to put the smoke detector. And the installers said they would come back and do that later. I'm waiting on it and it's been more than a week. I haven't heard anything but I hope they did not forget about it.

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your experience with Guardian! It's great to hear a positive review from someone inside the industry themselves. Your security and peace of mind is paramount to our daily operations. Feel free to stop by the app store and leave a review for the Guardian app as well, we are always looking for ways to improve!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I sold security systems so I knew everything about it. Guardian Protection Services' technology is a little bit newer and I've been using it for almost a year now. The features of my system are all nice and I like them. Every single time I had anything go off, I’ve been called and made sure if it was a false alarm or not, so it’s been great. My glass break sensor went off the other day, which was nice to let me know that it works. Also, their app is cool and user-friendly. It’s been a good experience overall.

Hello Kristina,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your installation experience, it sounds like you have a very nice security system! Please feel free to stop by the app store as well to leave a review, we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

This is my first time using Guardian's services. We have a motion and some window sensors, front door, patio door and the garage door systems installed. The sales and installation team were good. They have an app wherein when I log in, I can see where it goes to alarm and disarm the system, and the one on the very top is the panic button.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for letting us know about your positive sales and installation experience! We hope you enjoy your new system.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

We've been using Guardian Protection Services for about three weeks now and their service has been fine. Everything was good including my experience with their sales rep and the installation process.

Hello Gayle,

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your positive sales and installation experience. We find the Guardian app to be very user friendly and helpful when on the go, we hope you do as well! Please let us know if you ever need any additional support at wecare@gpsx.net!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Guardian Protection Services reps came to the door and were very nice. Then the installation team was super. They provided a good demo and answered all my questions. I also would like to start using the app though I haven't had a chance to.

Hello Nadia,

Thank you for reviewing your experience with Guardian Protection. I'm glad the installer was able to provide a positive experience for you, our installers are trained to make sure everything is running as smoothly as possible before leaving the site. We are looking forward to having you as a customer!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I have the alarms for the doors and windows from Guardian Protection Services. Their sales rep was good and though the installation took some amount of time, it was also good.

Hello Brittany,

Welcome to the Guardian family! We look forward to providing you peace of mind. I will make sure the installer receives your compliments. Have a safe day!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

We just signed up this Monday with Guardian Protection Services. The salesman and installation guy were friendly. The demo given by the installer was informative and he answered my questions.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Guardian Protection was something that came with our house when we bought it. It was installed last week and we're having an issue right now. My builder was unclear about what kind of deal they had going on with Guardian. I guess when you buy a rental home, you get Guardian installed in the home and then you can pay for it or not pay for it. But I don't know what the deal is and they didn't really explain it very clearly. A saleslady came out and talked with my wife and basically we didn’t want the service, but somehow we ended up getting service. We're trying to get that gone right now.

Hello Sridhar,

We are happy to provide you security services and appreciate the time you took to leave a review with us! The builder program is a great program that we have here at Guardian to find qualified customers such as yourself. Welcome to the Guardian family!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I purchased a new home and the builder recommended Guardian Protection Services for my home security system. It's been a couple of weeks since it was installed and I haven't had any issues. It came along at the time of the construction itself so I only had to activate it. This is the first time that I'm using a security system and so far, it's good. The sales rep was also very pleasant and very amicable, and that was very good. I'm happy with what has been going on.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for your feedback, Josh. We will use it to keep improving our products and services. If you run into any other questions or concerns, let us know.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I got an email from my Landmark Home Warranty and they were paying for so much of the security system so I called them and they transferred me to the sales representative for Guardian Protection Services. I wanted to know how the house needed to be protected and the other options Guardian provided. Their representative was pretty good and I selected them because it didn't cost me anything upfront. There were a few times that Guardian called me but for whatever reason, it went straight to voicemail the second the call hit, where it was going to be hard to contact them.

The only complaint I had was the technician always tended to come before the scheduled time so I wasn't there. If he said he was getting there at 12:00 noon, he came at 9:00. There were a couple of misses on the scheduled day when they came to do the installation. But the installer was very knowledgeable and very helpful. When he had a few issues doing the doorbell camera and getting it to work with the application on my phone, he contacted his supervisor on the phone and they got it resolved before he had it fully installed. However, he left the boxes that the thermostat and door lock came in on the floor next to the area where he installed them. Other than those, my experience has been relatively smooth and there haven't been too many headaches with it. I like my system so far and it works great. It would work better if I had better internet, though.

Hello Mr. Wier,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Guardian Protection Services. I'm sorry to hear that we got off on the wrong foot however I looked into your account and have been notified that the recent service call has resolved your issues. If there's anything we can do further please let me know.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

We're having problems with the front door sensor. It keeps giving us a low-battery warning. We’ve silenced it because it was going off every few minutes. They were supposed to replace it on Monday but we’ve called the people and they said they’ll send a guy out next Monday. It was kind of ridiculous that we have to go through this until next Monday for them to come out and take one screw out, and put a new sensor in and the screw back in. I'm not happy with Guardian so far.

Hello Mario,

It's great to hear you had an informative installation experience! We are always more than willing to help with any questions you may have about your new system. Welcome to the Guardian family!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I heard about Guardian Protection through a consumer service program and I've been using them for a month. I have the back and front door sensors and the motion sensor. They have an informative sales representative. I wasn't there during the first half of the installation, but my wife was and the installer communicated with her what was going on. And even though I got there late, he's more than willing to walk me back through everything.

Hi Gerald,

I'm glad to hear you have been enjoying the Guardian App. I've passed along your concerns and you will be notified when the parts you are waiting for are available. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Guardian was part of the package when my house was built. I initially met with a rep at the show house. We went through all the options and she explained things very well. Then the installer showed up and explained how the app and the panel worked, what he was doing, what was missing and what was needed. It was hard to tell that the Z-Wave outlets and switches weren't there 'cause they're supposed to look like the other ones and it wasn't until he told me about it that I realized they weren’t installed. He pointed out a lot of the missing parts, so he was very helpful. Also, Guardian's app is very efficient and useful. It controls what little I have in my house.

But my experience with them is an ongoing process. Some of the installation by the builder was haphazard. They didn't follow up on a lot of the things that were supposed to be installed, like the doorbell, the switches, and the lighting that's supposed to be controlled through Guardian. We had the service started up about two weeks ago and they should have had all that stuff done when I closed on the house a month ago. I've been talking with the contractor and he's waiting for some other things that they're gonna install all at once. So I'm still waiting for those to be installed.

Hi Famie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Guardian! We appreciate your feedback and we hope you continue to enjoy your new services.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

A friend of mine recommended Guardian Protection Services. They called me and I agreed to have the system put in. The installers didn't take up too long. They explained to me what they were going do and they fixed it as they said. When I made a few mistakes, their reps called right away, faster than I can get to the telephone. They were very good and dependable.

Hello Mr. Soto,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent Guardian installation. I have received word that our customer care team has reached out you to discuss your siren issue. Please let me know if we can be of any more assistance.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

We had Guardian installed last week and the technician did a good job. We like everything included in our service package. I also have the app and I like it too. However, we put the main control panel towards the garage backdoor and we can’t really hear it when we’re in our back bedroom. We probably should put it someplace more centrally located. And I wished they let us know more about that.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for sharing the detailed account of your Guardian experience, Jonathan. We appreciate you recommending an upgrade to your parents! Please let us know if you run into any questions.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Guardian's sales rep came in and I was very impressed with the very good presentation he gave. He told me what they offer and how Guardian’s different from the other competitors out there. I was pretty sold on them but I wasn’t gonna make a decision on the day and I told the sales rep I had ADT come in and all I wanted to do was see what they offered and the sales rep was very understanding. But ADT was very pushy and wanted to install there and then. Their sales rep was also always going outside trying to get on the phone with his boss whereas the Guardian rep never really went outside. He was very laid back and said, “Hey, you know what? You got to get the right deal for you.” And that’s what I really liked about that.

We called Guardian back because the rep made us feel comfortable and happy with the package that we were getting. Also, their installer gave me a call about a half hour before he got here. He came in and explained what he was going to do and asked me where we wanted to put the box on the wall. He didn’t do anything without asking first. And then the sales representative also showed up just to make sure that everything was going okay. My in-laws have had Guardian for about 16 years and I gave them the rep's card because they’re gonna upgrade their systems to the modern systems that Guardian got these days.

Jennifer,

Thank you for sharing your Guardian experience. We are glad your research led you to Guardian and we will continue to work hard to provide excellent products and services.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I researched the best security systems in Kansas City online and the local company came up. I picked three different companies and chose the salesman I trust the most, which was the rep at Guardian. The salesman made me feel better about the process and the ability to have the digital keypad and cameras. And they have a higher price than another provider but I still went with them. However, there was call out failure three weeks later. But they came back out and fixed it. It looks like I'm good to go. I'd recommend Guardian.

Guardian Protection Services Company Profile