toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Melanie!

Thanks so much for sharing how Guardian has helped make your life more convenient. We love hearing stories like this! Please let us know if your run into any questions or concerns.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

Guardian was fabulous from the very beginning to the very end. I’m brand new in the area as I came from a different state so I was looking for a protection service but I really wasn’t sure where I was going to go with it but their sales rep was very informative and explained the purposes of having a protection service, etc. He answered all my questions and made me very comfortable. The price was right too. The installers were so good, patient, kind and understanding. They did all the work and went over everything with me a couple of times because I didn’t get it.

I definitely found what I was looking for. I am not a technical person so I was a little overwhelmed at first and I thought this is going to be too much for me. I didn’t want to set the alarm off. Also at the same time, I was having a pet sitter come in. Somebody knew so I didn’t want to make a mess with them. But everything worked out perfectly. I am 100% satisfied. I had gone back to New Jersey for the weekend as it was my granddaughter’s birthday and I another pet sitter here, someone that I didn’t even know. I made up her own little password so she could get in and out and I was very comfortable because I saw exactly when she came in and left. That is a plus for the program and I was real pleased about that.

Also, with this second pet sitter that I had to get at the last minute, I didn’t have her come in through the garage but through the door. Where the panel is is close to the garage door and it was going to be more than 30 seconds to get over to the panel and I didn’t want to frighten her in any way and have the alarm go off. So I called up and I asked them if they could adjust it to 60 seconds instead and they were so very kind about that and said they would call me when it's done. The lady told me she would try to get it done as soon as possible and they did before I left so I really had a great peace of mind. I'm extremely pleased with their services and would definitely recommend them to anybody who would listen to me.

Guardian Protection Services

We appreciate your detailed feedback, Jamie. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. I am happy to hear that your sales and installation experience went well. Please let us know if you run into any questions or concerns.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

We had gotten broke into a week ago. I looked into a bunch of security systems and a long time neighbor and friend who sold security systems told us how wonderful Guardian Protection Services was so we decided to go with them. We purchased a nice high-end two-way voice monitoring and call monitoring service. Their sales rep explained and answered all our questions and gave me some help with a few questions I had as a follow-up. He was really great as far as guiding me through the new maze of the alarm system. And, there were no hidden costs or fees. In fact, I was even a sensor short than I had planned. He covered it and told me about the monthly plan and it went really smooth.

The installation took a little longer though because the installer had to overhaul as far as getting the wire down the wall. It wasn't a standard framing so he had a little trouble with that but that wasn't his fault. And then there was a little bit of extra time he had for a programming error that he had to figure out, but he got it all done. He showed my wife and my two boys how to work the system which was pretty basic. He was great to deal with.

Tim,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. Your feedback is important to us because customer satisfaction is our top priority.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

We bought a new house. I work sometimes overnight or out of town and my wife is off every other Friday and I wanted her to be safe. I looked at about three other companies and Guardian Protection Services has the best package. Plus Paul, the sales rep, was very detailed in explaining how the system works and what I was getting. It was straightforward and good to go. He had an assistant he was training and the two of them were very friendly. They didn't BS me at all. I told him what I liked and he came up with a good solution and a perfect system. I got two keypads, window breaks, and sensors on all my doors. I have very good customer satisfaction. The installer was very quick and thorough, too, with explaining how it worked. He's a really nice guy. I've also recommended Guardian to a couple of people.

Brenda,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad to hear that you are benefiting from your system and than your service call solved your concerns. Please reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

The sales rep was really nice and the installer was very good. I got the basic service package since it's what I could afford right now. It has been good so far although the first couple of days was a little annoying because the alarm kept on going off from the garage door window. They sent someone to check it out and it hasn't gone off since they switched the sensor.

Hi Roy,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback is very important to us. I will have someone reach out to you to discuss your options for resolving your concerns with the volume of the alarm.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I like Guardian Protection Services so far. They're good. However, we didn't think where we put the system out really well so when it was in the test mode, we couldn’t hear good in the other parts of the house. I am wondering if there is a siren or a speaker that could be added to some of the locations in the house.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Services?

Everything's been all right with Guardian so far. I've got my home and two car garages at the end of my house protected by their devices. The installer had some problems trying to get a two way call coming through on security though. So, he had to hook it up on my telephone line and, worked for about seven hours getting it in because he had a lot of trouble with it. But everything has gone pretty smoothly since then.

I submitted my request online at 10:30 at night while I was watching a football game, and I got a call within five minutes from the sales rep. I was appreciative that he called me because it was fresh on my mind and I had questions. I did business with him because he made me feel most comfortable with what I was looking for, explaining the pros and cons in an industry I’m not familiar with, because I’ve never had an alarm system before. Then he came out to meet me at my house on Christmas Eve to get everything set up for the day after Christmas. So he did a great job.

Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to help protect what matters most to you!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

The sales rep from Guardian was nice. He explained things and as he was going on, he would talk to us to let us know what he was doing. He was good. The installation team also showed us how everything worked.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for your review, Craig. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your Guardian services! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I had a previous alarm system and we were getting rid of our landline so I was looking to switch over to a mobile type. Guardian called in so I checked them out as I did with my previous provider and Guardian had the best deal and offered everything I wanted. It worked out perfectly. Also, I was on the phone with their reps a couple of times and they were knowledgeable.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Shannon. I'm glad to here that you've been getting to know all the things your system can do for you. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

The guy who hooked up our Guardian Protection Services system was really great. And we've had help with people we've called for, like when we didn't know what to do with one of the buttons. When we had a false alarm, they also got here really fast. Everybody's been really helpful and really good. They're wonderful people to deal with.

William,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and thank you for your recommendation.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

The installer from Guardian was pretty cool. However, I think that $60 a month is a ridiculous bill. It's extremely too high. Especially with the way technology changes every freaking five seconds. Nonetheless, I'd recommend Guardian.

Michael,

I'm glad to hear that you've had a good experience with Guardian as you were building a new home. We are proud to help make your life more convenient!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

The only reason why I chose Guardian was they work with my builder so the installation was included in my construction. I've never had a security system before so I'm new to it, but the security has been great. The sales rep was good and he was able to explain all the service levels. It's a simple and effective service overall.

Guardian Protection Services

Thanks for sharing your Guardian experience, Harry Lee. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and so we will use your feedback to become continually better.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

We got a pretty good deal on their service package. There was no charge to get it installed. The reps were knowledgeable, but they were not that easy to get in contact with. It takes about two or three times to get it worked out. So far the system is working perfectly. But when the door opens, it doesn’t make enough noise. I’ve got the same system in my other church in Rowland, and the door there makes a good noise, so it’s okay.

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I've escalated your concern about your online login issues and I've been informed that you are now able to log in. Sorry for the delay and we hope you are enjoying your new system.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I told Guardian that I was looking to start a service with them. They took my information and sent someone out. The house already had the equipment so they just reactivated it. The service seems to be fine. I’ve only had a few weeks with it, but the system is working, and the only problem I’m having is gaining access to the website, so I can’t apply the app. I’ve tried customer service a couple of times. They have my account attached to someone else’s, and they’ve been working on that. They keep giving me a couple of days to try again, and see if they’ve separated the accounts from the previous owner of this place and from me.

No response received

We have been using Guardian for over 6 years now. There were numerous issues but last week our house was burglarized. Thieves broke in while we were away and valuables were taken. We were away but Guardian did not call us or the police. The thieves apparently took their time. Deck door was broken. And basement door was opened. When we contacted Guardian the tech failed to answer our questions. He says that the burglar may have cut off our phones... However when we called our phone company they say there was no interruption in our phone service that day. Guardian has no record of when the doors were opened. They are useless. We would advise everyone to please do not trust this company. It is a sham... Your family and kids are the most valuable asset you have. Avoid this at all cost.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I bought my house, Guardian Protection Services originally solicited us for an alarm system, which they installed on behalf of ADT and then more recently, they let me know that there was better technology out there, and they could update the panel. They then came out and did new stuff and ended up installing the new alarm. They came to us, and it so happened that there were better features for the same price that we were paying so it made sense to upgrade.

The only strange thing was that we scheduled the appointment and then we had a family emergency, so I called Guardian's rep two days before the installation was scheduled and left him three messages and I never heard back from him. Then the installer showed up even though I told him we weren’t going to be there. I was not able to get in touch with him to tell him we were not available at the time anymore. They then rescheduled it for a time that worked for us.

The guy who came out to install was really great but apparently the box that he had with all the stuff in it was missing a part. So, he had to leave and drive and pick up the piece, which ended up taking more than an hour for him to come back and finish the installation. It wasn’t a huge deal, I didn’t have anything going on, but it could have been bothersome to someone who had.

Everybody at Guardian was very nice, and helpful and they seemed to know what they were doing. The only other thing is that they’re supposed to send me a letter that is to cancel my current service, and it’s been about two weeks and I have yet to receive that letter. The communication on the phone isn’t great but in person, they’re wonderful.

Julio,

I am sorry to hear that you feel you have had a negative experience with Guardian. I've escalated your concerns and our representatives have had trouble getting in contact with you via the numbers we have on record. Feel free to reach out via email at social@gspx.net to share your preferred contact info.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I have been a customer for about 5 years and decided to get a different provider because they offered me a better monthly deal. I made the switch back in September and when I tried to cancel with Guardian I was told that I was in a revolving contract which means after my contract expired I was signed up for another 3 years which of course never agree to it. So I wanted to cancel regardless just like you can with any company and they charge you a termination fee but instead they want me to pay the fee in advance before I can cancel even though I have already disconnected all their equipment and longer have a landline. I'm very happy with my current provider. I will start a campaign on social media and they will be sorry they have messed with me.

Jonathan,

Thank you for your thorough review of your Guardian experience. We are happy to help protect what matters most to you.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

We had a Guardian Protection Services salesman come to our house. He was very nice, knowledgeable and forthright about everything pertaining with Guardian and how it compared to other security companies. We found that there was adequate services pertaining to the different packages. It just all depended on what we wanted in the service. I work third shifts so my wife is a little more at ease when she's at home by herself at night. Trying to figure it out from the get-go is a learning curve just like anything but my wife and I were both satisfied with the service.

The installation guy was great. He was very professional, thorough, quick and didn't make any decisions until he asked what I thought. He made sure that I was fairly satisfied and showed me how everything worked, and basically told me that I would have to learn it to be more comfortable with it. He gave me a crash course on what to do with the key fob and the panel. He seemed like he enjoyed his job and knew what he was doing. I was satisfied throughout the process. Overall, they were reliable and they give me peace of mind.

Gregory,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate getting to hear about our customers' experiences. Let us know if you run into any questions or concerns.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

Guardian Protection Services' reps were efficient about finding the right time, and they came over and installed everything efficiently. There were definitely features that I wanted which I found in them. It works so it's good. Their installation team were there on time. The guy was great at explaining everything and it was a very smooth process. It's been great so far.

Guardian Protection Services

Thanks for your review, Julia! We appreciate your feedback and hope you are enjoying peace of mind from your new system.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I live in a safe community but there's starting to be some issues in the surrounding communities. It was making me nervous and I felt like I wanted something to feel a little more secure because I'm home alone. I had mentioned to one of my friends at work that I was looking for a system and she had Guardian and recommended them. The installer was the same gentleman that came and talked to me about the system, and he went over everything well. I had a few questions afterwards and we texted back and forth and he called me, so it was a good experience.

Caleb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to helping to protect what matters most to you.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

We got the fire and home protection from Guardian Protection Services so I got door, window and fire alarms included in the service package. So far, I'm really satisfied with them. They installed the same day so it was really quick. They're also easy to talk to. However, they missed something on the original order but they fixed it real quick so everything went well.

Hello Nicole,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We take the concerns you expressed very seriously and will use them to continually improve our products and services. Please reach out if you run into any more concerns.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

My sister told me about Guardian Protection Services and that I shouldn't go with ADT. They had problems with ADT and they switched to Guardian. With that, I Googled the best security companies and Guardian was very high up while ADT was very far at the bottom. That time, I already had an estimate on ADT and in fact had the whole nine yards from them. I was all prepared to go with them until my sister told me about Guardian.

So I called Guardian for an estimate. Guardian was supposed to come out on a certain day. However, the sales rep called me to move the appointment. Either they had her overscheduled or that time didn't work for her. She came the next day and told me about the system and signed me up right then and there. I let her know my only reservation about going with Guardian was that it was completely wireless and we had very bad cell service in my neighborhood. She assured me that bad cell service is never a problem because they run off a different signal, and the panel that I was getting was supposed to look like an iPad. She showed me a picture of what it looked like. Apparently, they don't even have that, and no one has ever seen it. I don't know why it's on their brochure.

When the installer came and he couldn't find the cell signal, he put holes in my wall and he still couldn't get a signal. He was supposed to be here at 9:00 to 12:00 as what the sales rep told me. I couldn't take my kids to their pediatrician appointment, and I was a half an hour wait for work at five o'clock at night because he was here from 9:00 in the morning till 5:00 in the afternoon. He still couldn't get the service. So, he had to come back a couple of days later and relocate the entire panel.

So the installer was phenomenal, wonderful. The installation, however, was disastrous because the sales rep didn't do her job properly. She told me the wrong thing. And when I called their rep when I needed her, she never responded. They offered me two months of free service, though, because of what had happened, but overall, the sales experience was not overly pleasant.

I am very dissatisfied with this system and have been from day one. It was very expensive and it is very hard to use. When I call customer service for technical support they don't even know how to fix it. When the system was installed Guardian subcontracted the job to two young guys who did a sloppy job, left a mess for us to clean up and only one of them did the work and the other one goofed off. I leased this system and have another year to finish paying for it and it was the biggest mistake I ever made buying this system.

Nancy,

I'm glad to hear about your Guardian experience. Thanks you for taking the time to share your review.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I've had a Guardian device for years. John falls more than I do. He’s got a wristband for medical help and I'm supposed to get one next week. We also have a fire alarm and a motion detector. Overall, we like Guardian's service so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our service package includes the little thing that tells me when the door is being opened, two key fobs and a medical alert that could either be on my wrist or around my neck. The installer was very polite and efficient. He stayed until he got all things done and was here for more than three hours. He was in communication with someone at his office during that time. So, everything seemed to go smoothly. He showed us how to use things. We put in a passcode and he showed us how to set the alarm for "going away" and for "staying at home" at night.

However, before I moved to my new address, Guardian were supposed to come out and upgrade and they kept putting it off. Every time I would call, they would say they didn't have anybody in the area, and that wasn't my fault. When they finally sent the equipment for the upgrade, nobody called to verify that I had received anything and they still didn't say they were coming out. So, I finally ended up calling to find out what was going on. When they sent someone out to the address, they gave him the wrong phone number. So, evidently, he came to the house but because he had the wrong phone number, he couldn't contact me. Finally, we had communications and we set it up. The gentleman came on time and left when he said he was going to. He was very professional. But I would not recommend Guardian to anybody else because they didn't follow through.

Also, when they first came out, I was not under the impression that they were sending another group as their representative, and I was confused. When they explained things to me, I ended up paying more than I was already paying. I asked if they were going to take the system out of the house that I'm moving from and they said they would just upgrade into the new house. But when I went to the old house the other day, the alarm was still on. Now, I got to make sure that they're not charging me for two setups and I won't know that until I get my bill from my bank this month.

Adrin,

We appreciate your review. Thanks for sharing your experience. We are proud to be the heart of your connected home!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I have the basic security system from Guardian. I can program my garage and set my alarm from my phone if I'm away from home. One guy installed it and he was cool and knowledgeable. He helped me understand it because it's my first time and he showed me on his phone how he worked his. So far, everything's going well and I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A Guardian salesman was in the area, and he came to my house and made all these promises. Then his supervisor came in and said, "It's not like this or that." I originally had two key panels in the house with ADT and I was told by Guardian that I was going to get two key panels. Now, they're saying one. At night, I have to go from my bedroom all the way across the house to where the garage door is to set up the alarm, which is ridiculous. I should have one in my bedroom and one by the garage like I was promised.

Also, the doorbell is installed but it's still not working, and neither is the garage door opener. According to the Guardian installer, he was going to come in today between 12:00 and 2:00. At 3:00 I called them and said I'd been here all day, and the installer said he didn't get his shipment. Meanwhile, I spent the whole day home waiting for him to come and replace all this equipment that doesn't work. I can't afford to have my house without the alarm. We're not pleased at all to the point that I want them to come and pick up their equipment and put my equipment back. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Guardian Protection Services

Matthew, thank your for your review. Feel free to reach out if you run into any questions or concerns.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

My service package from Guardian Protection includes the security system and some internet wires going to the house. So far, no issues. Service is good. The technician that came out to set it up explained everything and was on time. They are also easy to work with and knowledgeable.

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for sharing your Guardian story! We love to hear about our customer's real experiences. Feel free to reach out the Guardian if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I just bought a house and the system from Guardian Protection Services was installed in it. It included one motion detector, window monitors, door monitors, and a garage door lift kit. I had another company that was going to come out and do these services for a cheaper price but when I talked to the Guardian liaison, she offered me the same package for a better price since it was already in the house. The one rep that I spoke with was very polite, outgoing, and friendly, and she wanted to get me the best deal possible.

An older gentleman came out for the system installation and he knew what he was doing. He was very quick and thorough and got everything set up. He also made sure that before he left, I had all the knowledge I needed to arm, disarm and activate the system. The service so far has been great and I'm very well satisfied. However, there's one thing I don't like about my system. When we're about to go to bed and we click “stay”, there’s this 60-second delay so we could turn it off or not. I'm fine with that but it has a beep that goes off every five seconds until that 60 seconds are up.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience, Anthony. Your satisfaction is very important to us. Let us know if you have any questions.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I had some issues with some paperwork from alarm brokers getting back to me but when I got a hold of somebody from the office, what they told me is usually they send out the paperwork on Mondays. I didn't know that and I had the system installed on a Monday. At any rate, I already got those documents. And all in all, the service and everything have been good. Guardian Protection's alarm system seems really easy to use and I have no issues. The whole experience so far has been great.

Guardian Protection Services Company Profile