toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Dorothy,

Thank you for being a long time customer of Guardian Protection Services! It's so wonderful to hear that you have felt protected for so long and we really value your safety. Our customer's safety and satisfaction is our #1 priority and we hope to help protect what you value most for many more years to come. Please let us know if you need anything, we are always here for you.

Nathan D.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: April 2, 2017

I've had Guardian for so long and I don't even think of changing. I'm protected and hundred percent happy. For my basement, I have the bars in the windows on the bottom and I have glass breakage. Whatever security feature was available, I got it. If by mistake, I opened the door, locked myself in at night time and decided to go in the garage, Guardian would call me right away. So everything is fine. I have recommended them to many friends. My daughter's also with Guardian. I'm still friends with Adam who was part of the installation team. He's a nice guy.

Hello Marilyn,

Thank you so much for being a long time customer of Guardian! We appreciate your feedback, and it's always great to hear that we could serve fabulous customers such as yourself for such a long time. The 24/7 monitored smoke protection is a great feature to have. If you ever need anything at all please just give us a call.

Nathan D.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: March 26, 2017

We like Guardian Protection real well. We've had it so long because we had it at our store and then when we had our house we had it put in our house too and that's a long time ago. We got Guardian's fire alarm and house protection and we're very satisfied. If we had to build another house, we'd put it in there too. If we ever had a problem, their sales reps have been here to help us. They were nice too and we weren't afraid to let them in. They were great.

Guardian Protection Services

Thanks for your review Rebba. We love to hear customer stories like yours. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any questions or concerns.

Katelyn G.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The house that we got was pretty big and we wanted everything to be secured, and in case my son and daughter ever wanted to go to the house while we're not there, they could have their own code for the door to get in. The service that Guardian Protection has provided so far has been excellent. Their sales reps were real knowledgeable and everything with the installation team was outstanding. They were on time, showed us how to use the product and cleaned up after themselves. I got it in two houses. I got one for the house that we're living in and then another for our house that my son is living in.

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for having Guardian Protection Services previously. I looked into your account and it appears the original company that sold and installed your security system chose to transfer your monitoring to a new provider. We apologize for the frustration and confusion.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: April 22, 2017

Very disappointed with Guardian Protection. I had them for 5 years & was happy with their services but as soon as I renewed my contract, they sold my account to another monitoring company with NO notice! All they wanted was me to sign so they could earn more money for their company when they sold their accounts. I suggest all their Phoenix, AZ customers be leery when renewing their contracts.

Hello Lisa,

Guardian sells and installs top of the line security equipment to our consumers. To help off-set the initial installation cost we will have our customers enter into an agreement. If the agreement is not fulfilled there is a buyout amount to help recoup those investments. I'm sorry for the unfortunate situation, and we have attempted to demonstrate good faith by providing a discounted buyout amount. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: April 21, 2017

Moving out of state into an apartment building in which I cannot install a security system. Been a loyal customer of Guardian for 3 years, with family who have been with them over a decade. Guardian will not work with us to resolve ridiculous adhesion contract despite the fact that we've paid on time every single month for the term of the contract. They want us to pay them over $1k for cancellation, and their compromise is $500. I've never been treated so badly by any company, and the irony is that they will lose our business for the rest of our lifetimes, not to mention all our friends, family, and anyone who asks. I am floored by the lack of customer service and would never use their services again.

Hi Donna,

Thank you for trusting Guardian Protection to monitor both your home and your daughter's! We have been in the business of providing peace of mind for over 60 years and we take pride in providing services to your family. Please let me know if you ever have questions.

Original review: April 20, 2017

Called to set up new service for my daughter that just purchased a new home. Our sales consultant was prompt, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. She helped us all the way through to installation. We were so pleased my other daughter even purchased a system. Service was above and beyond what we could have asked for.

Hello Rita,

Thank you for being a loyal customer! We are so glad that you are happy with our services and we strive for customer satisfaction. We hope to earn your business and help protect what you value most for many more years to come.

Original review: April 20, 2017

If I have something wrong, I can call Guardian and they’ll tell me they’ll send somebody out in such time and they're here. They also answer my questions and don’t make me feel like I'm dumb. I'm pleased with them. I live on a slab, so installation really didn’t have too much of a problem. They put something in the attic, corners, dining room and hallway. Then when I had my addition put on, they put them in the back. They were very clean and I had no problems at all. I've had calls from ADT and all these other companies telling me to switch. They’ll give me a better deal so I said, “Look. I've had Guardian for a long time and I am not about to switch.” Simple as that. I would recommend Guardian.

Hello Kishore,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection Services a review. I'm glad you were able to work with Guardian through your home builder. I'm sorry about the miscommunication on the outlet. If there is anything else we can assist you with please let me know!

Original review: April 20, 2017

My builder had a tie-up with Guardian Services so we ended up with them. I took the centralized vacuum system and when I was interacting with the representative, he promised there will be an outlet in the kitchen, but that didn't happen. When I called in later, they said it was an additional charge which I was not aware of. When one of the parts was broken, I called them as well. The guy shipped me the part fast and someone let me know. So far, everything's good and we used the system a couple of times. Going forward we might use it frequently.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Services?

Hi Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian a review! It's great to hear your installation was seamless due to the builder partnership. Please let us know if you ever have any questions!

Original review: April 19, 2017

My home developer set up Guardian Protection Services for me. The features that I got were laid out to me based off what Guardian offered and my previous security system. The price is pretty much the same. The only incentive I got enrolled with Guardian was the fact that they were integrated into my developer. So, the experience is pretty much seamless. It's been great with Guardian.

Hi Denzel,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your Guardian Protection Services experience! It's great to hear the overall experience was fantastic, we appreciate all the kind words and looking forward to providing you extra peace of mind.

Original review: April 19, 2017

Guardian Protection has been great. I got the sensors, the door alarms, the surveillance cameras outside, the security panel, as well as the recording, all for remediation. The reps were very courteous and all interactions with the installation team were positive, so they went through it very well. They talked about how the system worked as well as the features, did a great job installing it, and were well organized. The overall experience was fantastic. The consultation went great. Within a week or two, we actually had the system up and running, and I'm satisfied with what the results came to be.

Hello Lilly,

Welcome to the Guardian Protection family! It's great to hear that the sales and installation reps were knowledgeable. We hope you find the system convenient and if you ever need additional assistance, our customer care team is here extended hours to help.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I would recommend Guardian Protection Services. The guy sat with my husband and explained everything. Then he went ahead and installed it. The experience was pleasant and he was very informative. He seemed to know what he was doing. Everything went well. We haven't had to use it yet, but the way the guy explained it, it should be simple.

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services! We appreciate all of your feedback and I will make sure the installation technicians receive your compliments!

Original review: April 19, 2017

There were only a few options in the area and Guardian seems the better of the two. So far, everything is fine with Guardian and I'm satisfied with their service. It does what it said it would do and sends the police when it's supposed to send them. The install people were always very professional and prompt. The gentleman who came to the house to install the system was always very knowledgeable, very polite, very friendly, and very fast.

Hello Al,

Thank you so much for leaving detailed feedback on your Guardian Protection experience! We are thrilled you chose to keep us as your home security company. The phone app and interactive features are a great way to keep you connected to your home on the go!

Original review: April 18, 2017

Guardian protection system was already installed when we bought the house. I had a technician put in a new keypad and he did a phenomenal job. Everything is transparent behind the walls. I like it that the telephone number is on the keypad itself which is very convenient, instead of needing to keep it on my phone and search for it. If I have a problem, I'll call them. In addition, I have the Wi-Fi capability to be able to turn it on and shut it off through the app on my phone. We have housekeepers come in and I don't give them the code. They call me when they leave, then I put the alarm on remotely.

I do the same thing with my thermostats in the house. I have a house here and another one down the Shore - they are Wi-Fi connected. I called their customer service once to ask about the delay factor between the alarm going off and police response, and they told me what the process is. Their customer service is good, they're available and they answer my questions. Guardian's security system works.

Hi Guy,

Thank you for leaving Guardian Protection Services a phone review! It's great to hear you were able to take over the services from the previous home owner. We hope the monitored security system provides you peace of mind in your new home. Thank you for the compliments on the phone app, feel free to stop by the app store and leave us a review there!

Original review: April 18, 2017

When we bought the house, the sellers told us they had Guardian Protection Services. We continued the contract and when I called to ask about the system, everybody I spoke to was pleasant and professional. They did send someone who looked over everything and he was fine. He replaced the lock that wasn't working quite right and it worked out pretty well. I also do have the app on my phone and had used it. It's great, very easy, and intuitive. My Guardian security device seems to work the way it's supposed to.

Hello William,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services for your home security needs! It's great to hear we were recommended to you from a friend, that is a great compliment. I looked into your account and see that the service call has ran since the time this review was collected. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Original review: April 18, 2017

A friend of mine who used Guardian told us about them. We then purchased Guardian's services, although they haven't finished with the setup yet. We still have the cameras to put in. Part of the reason is we were going to get a tablet, so we could run everything through that. We don’t have our computers yet so they held up on finishing it up until we got that so they could show us how to use all those equipment that we got. We called them last week but we haven't heard back from them. Although when their sales rep came over and talked to us, they were really knowledgeable. But since we haven't been shown how to use the equipment yet, we also haven't turned on an alarm yet.

Hi Sabrina,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection a review. It's great to hear we were able to help you at the design center and your interactions have been pleasant. Please let us know if you need any help finishing the install once you get your internet up and running.

Original review: April 18, 2017

When I went to the design center to pick up everything for my house, Guardian Protection Services was there and I liked their product. All of of my interactions with their sales reps were fine. Also, the person who came out to install was fine. The only thing was whatever they installed the first time did not work exactly after a while so they came out and fixed it, so that's nice. Everything's been fine with Guardian. The only thing I don't have installed yet is the doorbell feature because I don't have my internet yet.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services! I'm happy to hear that the monitored security system provides you additional peace of mind. We are here, monitoring your system 24/7 when it is armed. We hope you enjoy the extra convenience of the smart phone app.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Whenever I thought of a security system, Guardian was what came to my mind and I looked into it. I availed of their services for the general sense of security and I have their app for my smartphone. It's pretty simple and it works great. Overall, the service is there and it works.

Hi Jay,

Thank you for being a long time customer of Guardian! It's great to hear you chose us for your home security company after having worked with us at your place of employment. We have been in the business of protecting what matters most for over 60 years! I will pass along your compliments to the staff, thank you for that.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I'm a manager in a Nissan store and we've had Guardian for 11 years at that time. It seems like every time the alarm went off they were pretty quick to respond. We have three franchises now and they're all under Guardian Protection Services. So, when I bought my house five years ago which is just a little bit outside of town, I started researching all the different companies and had it boiled down to ADT and Guardian. The sales rep almost messed it up for Guardian that was there at that time. He was an outside, independent guy, which I don't think he knew what he was doing. So, I deal directly with Guardian and my service with them has been phenomenal.

Installation went really well. The installers that came out saw some flaws in the way the previous guy had it laid out, so they made a few changes in it. I had to have them come out and install a new keypad and some other things. But, it's always gone well. They're always clean and efficient and I have not had any unnecessary holes or scratches. Overall, Guardian's customer service gives quality care. Octavius and the other guy were phenomenal. They stayed in contact with me. They knew that I was looking for some other products that just didn't fit into what they were trying to do. I've had good customer service all the way around and I recommend them quite a bit.

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for sharing your Guardian Protection experience. It's great to hear we were able to get a security system installed and provide you that extra peace of mind you were looking for. I'm also glad that we were able to find a security package that was cost effective for you.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I had an incident that happened directly across the street from me and my husband was not at home when it did. Some girl's gonna charge right in my door and her boyfriend came across the street. They had some type of dispute and he's shooting up the different neighbors' homes. It was really dangerous. And thank you Jesus, my baby was asleep in the baby bed. She and all of us could have gotten hit or killed. That's why I ended up buying my security device because I knew I needed something to protect myself when my husband is at work. I'm here for eight hours before he gets back home. Guardian gives me a peace of mind knowing I have it. I had to call 911 and they came out here and helped me and my baby. We both have asthma and they took her to the children's hospital. They were pretty fast in their response.

My mother had also told me in the beginning to get me security. She has ADT security system on her home but it was expensive. Guardian Protection Services was a lot cheaper. And it's a good experience with Guardian because they told me what time they were coming out and they were here. I didn't have to wait on them all day long. I would recommend Guardian.

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for being a Guardian customer for 5 years! We appreciate your business and for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm glad to hear our service has been responsive when you needed us.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I've had Guardian Protection Services for about five years now and I have no issues with them. We don't have to turn it on lately but I'm really satisfied. They’ve always handled everything. They’ve called when my alarm went off right away and made sure if I needed to call the police or they needed to.

Hi Bobbie Jo,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection a review! We appreciate your feedback and it's always nice to hear the installation went smoothly. Please let us know if you ever have any questions.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Guardian Protection Services is good. The installation team was pretty efficient and the overall experience was easy.

Hello Amy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection a review, we value your feedback. It's great to hear our support staff were able to assist you with troubleshooting over the phone. We are here when you need us most!

Original review: April 16, 2017

We have the door chime and the motion sensors in the service package that we got from Guardian Protection Services. So far, we've had no problems with the service. We've always just called in to the Guardian team whenever we had a problem and we tried to fix it ourselves, with their help over the phone. Everything went fine with the customer service reps.

Hello Ashwini,

Thank you for your feedback on your Guardian experience thus far! We are glad to have you as a customer and hope the monitored security system provides you additional comfort and peace of mind. The app is a great feature to have, please feel free to stop by the app store and leave us a review there as well!

Original review: April 16, 2017

Guardian was in our house and my dad explained to us how it works. Our service package includes the motion sensor and we have the app, too. The app works well and it’s easier to arm from the phone because I could be in my room and usually do it there.

Hello Janine,

Thank you so much for leaving a detailed review of your Guardian experience! It's excellent we were able to work with you during the builder process of your new home. Please feel free to stop by the app store and leave us a review there as well, it's a really convenient feature to have.

Original review: April 16, 2017

At the design center, when I was purchasing my home, I found out about Guardian. The salesperson there explained that they can set all the alarms and sensors while the house was being built. He gave me all the necessary information. So rather than shopping around, I thought it was easier to have Guardian since they were there. I got their package with everything aside from the smoke detectors. I upgraded so I could use the cell phone package as well. The gentleman who came and did the installation was also great. He was very personable, helpful, explained everything, and was very thorough. He helped me reset my PIN number on the keypad.

All in all, the customer service has been excellent, the website has been easy to use, and the cell phone app has been amazing. It’s been very user-friendly. The features of my Guardian are for security and there's the convenience of having a cell phone to be able to able and disable the alarm my home from wherever I am. I can do that even when I’m out of the country. Also, if I’m going to bed and I forget to turn on my service, I don’t have to get up, go downstairs, put in my PIN code on it or whatever I need to do. I just press one button on my phone. It's easy and it’s great. So far, my service has been perfect.

Hi LouAnn,

Thank you so much for being a long time Guardian customer! We take pride is protecting what you value most since the 90s. The phone app is a very nice feature to have, thank you for picking it up!

Original review: April 16, 2017

Our company opened in '92 and we never had another alarm system, except for Guardian. We have the alarm in the doors and the windows, as well as the feature where we can do the alarm by our phone, which I love. It also tells us on our phone when a door opens, and it's good to know if someone is coming in and out of the backdoor. We had an additional room to the building which needed another alarm system and had a few issues when that was installed, but it got fixed. The service is great. I like all the features of the system and the overall experience was very satisfactory.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for upgrading your security system with Guardian Protection! Technology is always changing and evolving, it is our goal to keep our customers up to date on their equipment. The 24/7 monitored smoke protection is a great feature to have!

Original review: April 16, 2017

Guardian Protection called me and offered me a service package with newer equipment. It included security, medical alert, and the smoke alarm. The guy who put the system in was friendly and he knew his job. He showed me how to use everything. I like the system so far.

Hi Rick,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection a review! it's great to hear we are your first experience with home security and everything is going smoothly. We look forward to helping to protect your family and your furry friends!

Original review: April 15, 2017

Somebody gave us a phone call from SSI. We had never looked at home security before and when Guardian came out, we really liked what they were showing. We picked the package that was best for what we needed, something to protect our property. Their reps are easy to contact and they are able to explain anything anytime we have a question.

We had an incident here about a week after we got the system in. We were at church one night and my wife came in and said that we got a thing saying that the side door is being tampered with through the phone. So I came up, unlocked it, shut it off and then I come in the house. And then I figured it out. We've got two poodles and the neighbor lady has five cats. Those cats sit on the doorstep and look in the door to upset my dogs when we're not here. My dogs will then jump at the door, which will set off the system saying it's being tampered with. It's not being unlocked or broken into but it's being jostled. We think it's an outstanding program. I truly like Guardian and everything that they've done.

Hello Jan,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services! It's great to hear you were referred to us from your grandparents. If you ever have questions our customer care team is here for extended hours until midnight. It sounds like you might benefit from adding an additional keypad so you can hear the alarm all over the home. If you would like to discuss this please give us a call at 1-888-895-4805.

Original review: April 15, 2017

My grandparents had Guardian and by choosing them, I gave my grandparents credit. I like Guardian and I wouldn't switch to anybody else. The only thing is with the garage system. If it goes off, they always call me twice. I always tell the second rep that I just got off the phone with them and they would tell me they didn't know about it. Also, when I had a window serviced, I told their guy I don't set my alarm at night because the one night it went off, I wasn't sure what door or window was opened because I can't hear anything at the back of my house and my kids weren't home. He told me that a lot of people said that and there was a smaller control panel that people were putting in their bedrooms.

Hi Vera,

Thank you for being a Guardian customer! It's great to hear your experience with us has been satisfactory. We are here monitoring 24/7 and will always be here when you need us!

Original review: April 15, 2017

My experience has been very good. People from Guardian came and installed all the monitors, and it went fine. Also, they call whenever we screw up and opened the door without remembering to turn off the alarm. The people who call and remind us that we've goofed again are always very nice.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for entrusting Guardian to help protect both your home and business! Also thank you for leaving detailed feedback on your sales and installation experiences, it's great to hear everything went well! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I started a business and I have a lot of equipment that’s why I got Guardian. I also have them in my primary residence. I use the basic monitoring and the surveillance system. It’s great and I like it. For a little while, I’ve had it set up to where I was receiving notifications every time somebody opened the door and that became really annoying so I changed that and that’s no longer an issue.

The sales representative was absolutely wonderful. She was very informative and awesome. She definitely knows her job and she’s a good asset to Guardian. Then the installation process for my business was pretty good and straightforward. A couple of guys came out and took care of it. They were easy to deal with. The installation for the home was great too. They had a technician come out. He knew his stuff, did a good job, was very knowledgeable and I was happy with the overall service.

Then the other day I was at home and I totally forgot about Guardian because I hadn’t used it in a while. I opened the garage and before I knew it, my phone’s blowing up and the alarm’s going off inside. I got somebody that’s asking me questions. I've been so nervous about everything and all these crimes that spiked up here in the recent weeks. So once we saw that, it feels good that it works. At least our home is well cared for. So overall, it's a good experience, good service, and a good value to my business and my home. It definitely makes me comfortable to know that they’re a company that’s responsive. It’s good to have some security and know that stuff’s being monitored.

Hello Bobbie,

Welcome to the Guardian Family! Thank you for the feedback on the sales process, while it is never our intent to pressure anyone into choosing our services, I'm sure you will find we are a top of the line security company who has been in business for over 60 years. We look forward to providing you additional peace of mind!

Original review: April 15, 2017

Sales people came by my house years ago and I was talked into getting the Guardian system since I had a bad one. I was wary about changing stuff but the rep made me feel like I had to and then I did. So far, Guardian has been good to me. At one point, my keypad didn’t work and my security wouldn’t turn on and off, so they had to come back and address that. However, I had to talk to Guardian a couple of times because they were going to charge me for something that was not my fault and I didn’t like that. They agreed not to charge me that time. Overall, it was a good service.

Hello Richard,

thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services! It's great to hear you have the panic keyfob on the lanyard, that is a great peace of equipment that helps extend your peace of mind. Please let us know if you have any questions, we look forward to monitoring your home when you need us.

Original review: April 14, 2017

I live in a mobile home park and no one ever comes in there besides the tenants. I don't even have to lock my doors but the guys that sold Guardian to me told me that they could bundle my CenturyLink and my DIRECTV if I took this system. The sales reps were nice guys, knowledgeable, friendly and I didn't have any problem with them at all. The only time I arm is if I go on vacation and I'm gonna be gone for a week or 10 days. But it's a pretty good deal for me because I have that home monitor system that I wear around my neck when I'm home. I'm not home right now but I am a little bit unsteady on my feet and I do fall once in a while so, it might come in handy someday. I would recommend them because I was satisfied with them.

Hi Stacie,

Thank you for leaving a review for Guardian Protection Services! We appreciate your feedback and I'm glad to hear you have been satisfied.

Original review: April 14, 2017

We've been happy with Guardian Protection They've provided good service. Also, their reps were easy to contact and we haven't had any problems.

Guardian Protection Services Company Profile