Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.25/5

Guardian Protection has years of experience providing innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses in DE, FL, IN, MD, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WV and Washington, D.C. Guardian offers traditional security technology, including intrusion and fire detection, plus indoor and outdoor video security and smart home features, including automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. You can access these services from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens, Guardian’s 24/7, award-winning monitoring center initiates responses in an average of 30 seconds or less.

BOTTOM LINE

Guardian Protection offers customized plans with three- to five-year contracts. It also has a Home Theft Protection Guarantee, so if there is a break-in at your house, Guardian Protection pays $500 toward your deductible.

PROS

• Free installation
  • Home Theft Protection Guarantee
  • Highly praised customer service

CONS

• Not available nationwide

Top Guardian Protection Reviews We Found

I'm single. I just have me and my little dog so I feel much safer having the Guardian system … I do arm it when I'm gone for work then also if I go somewhere for a weekend. It makes me feel better knowing that I have that extra level of security.

My husband traveled and I was nervous about being home alone … I started looking and Guardian's price was right when they were gonna put it into my house … I’ve probably had Guardian for 20 years and it’s been a good experience. I’m very satisfied with Guardian.

Guardian Protection Call Now Toll Free (844) 277-9642 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Guardian Protection packages

All Guardian Protection packages include 24/7 monitoring, professional installation and app access. The most basic package from Guardian Protection includes a state-of-the-art IQ2 security panel and a home automation controller. It also comes with PowerG wireless intrusion technology for more secure encryption, longer range and better battery life.

Guardian Protection also customizes smart home security packages based on your needs.

To get started, speak with a Guardian Protection representative — they can walk you through different plan options and help you choose the best one to protect your home.

Guardian Protection products

For a full Guardian home technologies price list, it’s best to contact the company directly. Popular equipment from Guardian Protection includes:

• Motion sensor systems
  • Glass break detectors
  • Video doorbells
  • Indoor and outdoor cameras
  • Smart garage door openers
  • Smart door locks
  • Door and window sensors

Guardian Protection installation

Guardian Protection security systems must be professionally installed. However, the company includes the installation fee in all customized packages. Guardian Protection’s technicians test your system to make sure it works properly. These installers also evaluate your property for weak security spots or areas of concern.

Guardian Protection FAQ

Is Guardian Protection available in my state?
Guardian Protection services are available in:
  • Delaware
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia
What do reviews say about Guardian Protection?
Guardian Protection reviews mention Guardian’s quick alarm response times and helpful customer service.
How to cancel Guardian Protection services?
Contact Guardian Protection directly if you wish to cancel a Guardian Protection service contract, but be aware the company has a strict cancellation policy. If you cancel, you must still pay 100% of your remaining balance.

Do we recommend Guardian Protection?

We recommend Guardian Protection. We like Guardian’s Home Theft Protection Guarantee, which provides $500 toward your insurance deductible after a break-in. We also like Guardian Protection's smart home features that make it easy to stay on top of your home security. Just make sure that Guardian Protection provides service in your state.

Guardian Protection Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Before using Guardian Protection, I used two different home security systems, one of which was Protection 1. The Guardian system that I have now is better. The only thing that ticked me off was I was still under contract with Protection 1, and Chris, who was the salesman, told me, “Well, if you are, we’ll go ahead and pay what you owe off.” After that, I never saw him again or heard from him, and I end up paying $1,000 -- it was not that I couldn’t afford it. When I contacted Guardian, he wasn't working there anymore.

But I had some new stuff put in because my smoke detector wasn’t hooked up to the system and it kept beeping. I’ve got vaulted ceilings here and it’s right at the top. I’d had to get a ladder that was 15-foot tall in order to get up there. And I had changed it once, a couple years ago, but a little bit younger then and I did not feel like climbing up ladders. So, I had called Guardian, had them put in a new smoke detector which is hooked up to my panel, and it’s at a place where if the battery needs to be changed, I can just get on a stool and take it off.

But they also put in a carbon dioxide checker too. And they put that where if there was carbon monoxide in the house from my heater or something, it would show up. And I’ve never had a problem with carbon monoxide, but you cannot take a chance. So, I had them put it in. It was expensive, but I could afford it. I knew it was gonna cost me because they told me ahead of time what it was gonna cost, which was okay. When they put the system in, they didn’t charge me anything. It was one of those advertisement things where they come around all the time. All you have to do is pay the first payments and that is it, which is fine.

So, now, if something happens where I got smoke and it sets the alarm off, I can go to the panel and put my code in and have the thing shut off because I have had smoke in here one time. I had oil in a cast-iron frying pan and I was curing it, so I had it on fire under it. And I forgot about it and went to the bedroom, and I was talking to my wife. So, all of a sudden, the siren goes off and I came running in there and the house was full of smoke. I then went ahead and opened the doors and everything else and tried to shut the thing off. It took me a couple of times before there was no smoke.

I called up Protection 1 and told them, “I just had a little problem with smoke on my stove.” My wife said, “Everything’s taken care of. Please, don’t send anybody out.” The fire department come over, however, and parked out in front of my house, and I told them what happened. Overall, Guardian has been good. If I’ve had something wrong, they’d come out and fix it. Also, the guy who did the installation did a good job and he took care of business. He was very pleasant to talk to as well.

Hi Edward,

Thank you for providing detailed feedback on your customer experience. It's great to hear you are finding the security system reliable and the customer care helpful. We appreciate your continued business very much.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Guardian is much superior than the other provider that I've used in the past. Their tech seemed very capable. I needed a strobe put in because I have a hearing problem, and he haven't done that before, but he sat and figured it out and got it in just fine. He had to order the strobe light and come back a second day. They don't carry them. I happen to live in a town that has a lot of elderly and disabled people as well as the state's school for the deaf. So given the demographics here, there are people who would use the strobe light. And if they realized they had it, they would probably want it. But other than that, it was a very professional, polite, and pleasant interaction.

I am in a wheelchair, and I have mobility and physical issues, and I also have hearing problems. I like the fact that I can take the panel from room to room with me and have it at hand where I can deal with it instead of having it up. The system I had before was on the wall and I had to stand up out of my wheelchair and reach above me to use it, which was quite inconvenient. But with Guardian, it's wherever I need it to be. I can also do the same way with the strobe and siren system, which is a little plug-in thing that goes into the wall like your system.

The other system that I had would announce whenever there was a tornado warning for my particular area. There was a kind of a beeping tone that would come across to let me know, and a message that appeared on the screen that there was a tornado within my area. I needed to be aware of that as a safety feature. I do miss that and I wish Guardian does that too. Also, I really wish there was a manual that came with it. I have a great deal of difficulty figuring things out by guess and by gosh, and I'm very good with electronics. I wish it was a small six-page pamphlet that explains, "If you want to do this, this is how you do it or this is what this feature is," type thing.

The strobe light makes me feel very much more secure. I have a feeling that several times people come to my door and I don't even know they're there. I have had a few times when people have tried to deliver packages and I've had to call them to come back two or three times and told them they have to call me and let me know that they were at the door because I would not come to pick up the package because I wouldn't know they were at my door. That was a little bit scary.

The tech set up the system in the main room, so it's where it is most of the time, but when I go to bed at night, I take the strobe and the pad in my room with me as well as I have a wristband. He also was able to hook it up to go through by telephone and internet. With the other system I had before, I had a wired house internet. They couldn't put that through which didn't make much sense to me. So now, I feel much better because I've got this band that's on my wrist that I can take with me. I can access it with my cellphone as well as I can move the pad around where I am.

I had fallen twice in my house when I had the other system. I had really stumbled and my footing ran away from me and I ended up sitting on the floor, and I couldn't get back up. I had to crawl to my cellphone because I couldn't even reach the security pad since I had to stand up to hit it to make it go off. But with Guardian, I feel much more secure that I've got enough systems if that happened again.

Hi Phyllis,

Thanks so much for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs! I'm glad to hear the installation with the strobe light was accomplished and please let us know if you ever have questions on the system use.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Guardian Protection does the security systems at my office so I went with them as well. I got the system because my daughter has an ex-boyfriend who is gonna be getting out of prison in the next few months, and we've had issues with him in the past. He stole my wife's laptop before he ran away. So, we just figured it was probably a good precaution. The original salesman that came out that sold us the system was very knowledgeable, walked through the house, told us what we needed and where. Set up was really good too. The guy that came in to do it was really professional and he was in and out quick.

The only issue I've had was with the motion detector in my living room. It just was going off for no reason and we couldn't figure out why. So, they ended up moving it away from the heat vent figuring that maybe something was being blown in front of it. That didn't fix the problem, so they came back again and put a meter on it and found that there was something in there that was draining the battery. And when I got a low battery, it was sounding the alarm. It was a minor issue, but I wish they had put the meter on and checked that the first time that they came out. It went on for a couple of weeks. When it went off once, they came out to check and then moved it, and then it was fine for a week. And then it went off three times in four days. And I said, "This can't go on, you guys gotta come back," and that was when they replaced it, and it has been fine since then.

The other issue I had was with smoke detectors. I got this new generation of smoke detector that has a 10-year battery in it, so you don't replace them until you replace the smoke detectors. So, it went off one Saturday morning for no reason. Nobody was cooking in the house. So, they came out and they checked it, and the guy told me that there was a recall on the date codes that I had installed. So, he replaced all three of the smoke detectors in the house. But about a week later, another one went off, and they found that that was the same issue as the motion sensors. It was draining the battery, so they had to replace that. So far, the people have been very nice and very easy to deal with. I'd recommend Guardian Protection.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your family's security needs! We are proud to help protect you every day and provide you with peace of mind.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 21, 2019

I moved to Fairmount, Indiana and it was just me and my grandson. The house I bought here has two stories and he discovered that the porch was very easily accessible, just by stepping out the window. My sister has Guardian and she told me to call them. They came and talked to me, and we fixed everything. I haven’t had any problems with the installation at all. A gentleman came and did all my downstairs windows, my doors and especially the bedroom windows upstairs for my grandson who would sit out on the porch.

By now, I've had Guardian for almost six years and I would definitely recommend them. I love it. I'm an elderly person and I’ve got my little grandson that I’m raising. He was only 6 at that time and it was a little difficult for me. All the bedrooms and stuff are upstairs and I slept little at night because we were having some problems with some children. They were mostly breaking in to elderly people’s homes for the stuff they thought they could find. But that got all figured out. There were people right here and they took care of the situation. I felt really secured and I sleep well at night knowing that the system would go off if it’s necessary.

We also had an incident where there were kids who thought it was fun to go around and hit people’s windows. When they hit one and knocked it off, Guardian came right out and fixed it for me. They didn’t even hesitate. Their reps have also always been wonderful. Every time I set the system off, they would always call in to check on me and they were always right there to do whatever I’ve needed. Plus they’ve always been very sweet. I couldn’t ask for better.

The system's features are also wonderful and the smartphone features are really good. If I’m upstairs and I forgot to turn the system on, there’s some notice and it lets me correct the problem without having to come down the stairs, which is a little difficult sometimes since I’m 76 years old. The only problem I have is that I can’t reach the fire alarm to change the battery unless I climb up on the ladder. But the fire department is right next to me here. Then one time, for some reason, I had the system go off in the office or wherever it's supposed to go off but it didn’t go off here. Guardian had to call my sister, who was on the list of emergency contacts, and they called the police station. The next thing I knew, my sister was breaking in. I thought that my alarm wasn’t going off but Guardian had them here and they were checking in, and I appreciated that. Guardian came, checked the system and fixed whatever was wrong with it.

Hi Glendill,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your new home's security! It's wonderful to hear the installation went well and the professionally monitored security system is bringing your family the additional peace of mind you deserve.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 3, 2019

The key power was shorting out in the middle of the night. So I was putting my code to disarm the system and it would immediately flip back and try to arm itself. So as long as I was standing there putting in my code, it would disarm and flip over. But then it started randomly putting in numbers and arming itself. Eventually, the alarm did go off. But in the meantime, I had called the 800 number. I was talking to someone and he walked me through everything I needed to do. I had to unplug the system, take the keypads apart and take the backup battery out. During this entire time, the alarm was just wailing. I could hardly hear him. But he was very nice. He told me not to worry and that he was gonna stay right there on the phone until we get it resolved. I was worried that the police would come but he said they wouldn't and that they had let the police know. He helped me through it and got it all taken care of.

He also put in a call for someone to come the next day to set up the repair. It was very stressful but they did a good job and took care of me. I was very pleased with the service. I have my home with D.R. Horton Homes and it was actually Guardian's system that was in there. Guardian was a better deal too, as far as cost. The guy gave me the list of all the different options and told me that they have a very basic one. I told him that was what I wanted to start with. I'm not into all the technology and being able to turn my life off and on from my phone. So I really just have the basic service and I'm happy with it. It serves its purpose. It does what I want it to do.

I'm single. I just have me and my little dog so I feel much safer having the Guardian system. I don't arm it at night because I have actually set it off before, getting up in the morning, opening the door and letting my little dog out. But I do arm it when I'm gone for work then also if I go somewhere for a weekend. It makes me feel better knowing that I have that extra level of security.

Hi Valerie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your customer support experience. I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the panel but I'm glad the phone representative treated you with high regard and got the issue corrected. Please give us a call anytime we can be of further technical assistance.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: May 22, 2020

Guardian seemed too good to be true when I first contacted them, and their customer set-up (Sales) team was excellent. But everything since then has been one step short of that, and while each of the things that wasn't so great is insignificant by itself, they start to add up to a sense that this company is more talk than action when it comes to customer service.

The installer was grumpy and difficult at first, and then did a mediocre job that required ANOTHER installer to come back the next weekend to fully activate the system. One of our glass break detectors keeps going offline, setting off a warning alarm at varying times of the day - and night. This is four months into our time with Guardian. And the company charges $2 extra per month for a paper bill, but won't allow me to go paperless without also forcing me to enroll in autopay. That's a rinky-dink way to do business.

So, in all, the system is good, the control pad is the best I've used (although I've only ever used two other companies, and the technology has improved in the 7 years since I last installed a different system). But I bet I (and you) can find a company who's monitoring service is at least as good AND who is committed to excellent customer service. Which is too bad, because the sales experience was excellent...

Hi Alex,

Thank you for providing helpful feedback on your customer experience. I've located your account and will send this along to the installation supervisor for coaching purposes. I will also have customer care reach out to help with the falsing motion detector.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 19, 2020

Your tech came out and was quick courteous. He called about 45 minutes to give me a head's up he was on the way. He also took the time out to show me what he did and what I can to do check it next time.

Hi Gerardo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent service experience! It's great to hear the tech treated your time with the respect that you deserve and went over system operations. Have a safe day with Guardian Protection!

Original review: May 13, 2020

Joe was extremely helpful and his service is outstanding! He went step by step on how to use the keypad and reviewed the install completely. He even told me to contact him personally if I had any issues or questions. Amazing!

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for taking the time to share 5-star feedback for Joe of Guardian Protection! We are dedicated to helping to protect your world with professionally installed and monitored security services.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Guardian Protection Services is a little more interested in what's happening, and if I have an issue they take care of it right away. I've never really had so many issues except my batteries running out and a couple of times the alarm went off accidentally and they called right away.

Hi Myron,

Thank you for taking the time to share your customer experience with Guardian Protection! We are proud to help protect your world every day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 9, 2020

Had to call for a repeat repair of front door sensor. Tech. had to put in different type of sensor. He told me I would not be charged for the repeat repair. Since then customer service told me that I had to pay for the second repair and then came back and said that I did not owe them any money and would be given a full credit back from paying the first bill.

Hi Barry,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent service visits and billing. If we can help you with anything further please do not hesitate to reach out here or at 1-800-PROTECT.

Guardian Protection Company Information