Call toll free
4.30/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection provides years of experience in innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses in the following states: DE, DC, FL, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, NJ, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV. Guardian provides the Edge™ in high-tech, reliable options. Some services include traditional security technology including intrusion and fire detection, indoor and outdoor video security, and smart home features like automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. These services can be accessed from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens you can feel comfortable knowing that our 24/7, award-winning monitoring center will initiate a response in an average of 30 seconds or less.

Get the Guardian Edge™: More than just security; peace of mind and convenience. Call us today! We Connect What Matters!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Guardian Protection’s three plans cover most people’s needs. Although they charge an installation fee, reviews praise their helpful customer service, and the basic equipment is included.

PROS

• Highly praised customer service
  • Home Theft Protection Guarantee
  • Complimentary basic equipment

CONS

• Services limited by state
  • Installation fees

Top Guardian Protection Reviews

06/03/2019

I'm single. I just have me and my little dog so I feel much safer having the Guardian system … I do arm it when I'm gone for work then also if I go somewhere for a weekend. It makes me feel better knowing that I have that extra level of security.

06/08/2019

My husband traveled and I was nervous about being home alone … I started looking and Guardian's price was right when they were gonna put it into my house … I’ve probably had Guardian for 20 years and it’s been a good experience. I’m very satisfied with Guardian.

How does Guardian Protection work?

Guardian Protection offers three different plans with contracts running from 3 to 5 years in length. Guardian Protection also has “smash-and-crash” technology that keeps the protection going even if a thief tampers with or otherwise damages your security system.

To get started, speak with a Guardian Protection representative — they will be able to walk you through the different plan options and help you choose the best one for your needs.

Guardian Protection plans

Guardian Protection has three plans: Standard, Essential and Premium. Every package from Guardian comes with wireless and cellular connection, 24/7 monitoring, free mobile app usage and limited lifetime system repair. The Standard package starts at $29.95, the Essential package starts at $45.99, and the Edge package starts at $59.99.

Guardian Protection also has a Home Theft Protection Guarantee: If there is a break-in at your house, Guardian Protection will pay the customer $500 to put toward their deductible.

StandardEssentialPremium
Touchscreen control keypad
3 door and window sensors
Motion sensor
Smoke detector
Yard sign and window decals
24/7 professional monitoring
Medical pendant
One home automation device*
One video surveillance device**
Standard
Essential
Premium
*An HD video doorbell, garage door switch, light module, thermostat or door lock.**An indoor camera, outdoor camera or HD video doorbell.

Guardian Protection products

The basic package from Guardian Protection comes with a wireless touchscreen control panel. With the control panel, you can arm and disarm the system, check your sensor status, speak to the monitoring center and even see the daily forecast. You can upgrade to the more advanced Qolsys IQ Panel 2 touch screen for about $200, which includes a camera, siren, glass break sensor, and other features. A Guardian Protection app is also available for your mobile device. Other equipment from Guardian Protection includes:

• motion sensor systems
  • glass break detector
  • indoor cameras and outdoor cameras
  • garage door switch
  • door locks
  • door and window sensors
  • central monitoring station

For a full Guardian home technologies price list, it’s best to contact the company directly.

Guardian Protection installation

A Guardian professional must install the Guardian Protection security system, and there is an additional fee for this installation added to your bill. For the Basic package, this addition will probably be $99; but, it might cost more for more complex packages or additional equipment.

Guardian Protection FAQ

Is Guardian Protection available in my state?
Guardian Protection services are available in:
  • Arizona
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia
What do reviews say about Guardian Protection?
Guardian Protection reviews mention Guardian’s friendly and helpful customer service in addition to their quick alarm response times.
How to cancel Guardian Protection services?
Contact Guardian Protection directly if you wish to cancel a Guardian protection service contract; however, the company has a strict cancellation policy. If you cancel, you must still pay 100% of your remaining balance.

Do we recommend Guardian Protection?

We recommend Guardian Protection. We like that Guardian Protection takes responsibility in the case of a robbery by providing $500 toward the insurance deductible. We also like Guardian Protection's smart home features that make it easy to stay updated with your home security. Just make sure that Guardian Protection provides service in your state.

Guardian Protection Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 21, 2019

I moved to Fairmount, Indiana and it was just me and my grandson. The house I bought here has two stories and he discovered that the porch was very easily accessible, just by stepping out the window. My sister has Guardian and she told me to call them. They came and talked to me, and we fixed everything. I haven’t had any problems with the installation at all. A gentleman came and did all my downstairs windows, my doors and especially the bedroom windows upstairs for my grandson who would sit out on the porch.

By now, I've had Guardian for almost six years and I would definitely recommend them. I love it. I'm an elderly person and I’ve got my little grandson that I’m raising. He was only 6 at that time and it was a little difficult for me. All the bedrooms and stuff are upstairs and I slept little at night because we were having some problems with some children. They were mostly breaking in to elderly people’s homes for the stuff they thought they could find. But that got all figured out. There were people right here and they took care of the situation. I felt really secured and I sleep well at night knowing that the system would go off if it’s necessary.

We also had an incident where there were kids who thought it was fun to go around and hit people’s windows. When they hit one and knocked it off, Guardian came right out and fixed it for me. They didn’t even hesitate. Their reps have also always been wonderful. Every time I set the system off, they would always call in to check on me and they were always right there to do whatever I’ve needed. Plus they’ve always been very sweet. I couldn’t ask for better.

The system's features are also wonderful and the smartphone features are really good. If I’m upstairs and I forgot to turn the system on, there’s some notice and it lets me correct the problem without having to come down the stairs, which is a little difficult sometimes since I’m 76 years old. The only problem I have is that I can’t reach the fire alarm to change the battery unless I climb up on the ladder. But the fire department is right next to me here. Then one time, for some reason, I had the system go off in the office or wherever it's supposed to go off but it didn’t go off here. Guardian had to call my sister, who was on the list of emergency contacts, and they called the police station. The next thing I knew, my sister was breaking in. I thought that my alarm wasn’t going off but Guardian had them here and they were checking in, and I appreciated that. Guardian came, checked the system and fixed whatever was wrong with it.

Hi Glendill,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your new home's security! It's wonderful to hear the installation went well and the professionally monitored security system is bringing your family the additional peace of mind you deserve.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I used to have ADT at another house and one of the primary things that used to bother me was that the alarm would just go off. And if you get too many of them, you have to pay for it. The ADT system was at a rental property, so I wasn’t there a lot of the times. The cops would have to come out because I wasn’t there to say that it was okay and that it was false alarm. One time, I would stand there and it just went off and there was nothing going on. So, it was a lot of false alarms that I wasn’t setting off. Guardian offered us to try something new, plus I was looking at video cameras.

The first rep that came was excellent. He was the actual installer and he was very patient and detailed. He didn't get irritated no matter how many questions I asked. He took his time with me and my husband over the questions that we had, especially on the online system, when we were first setting everything up. I didn’t like the way the cameras were positioned. So he went back up on the ladder and he repositioned it.

Later on, I still had to call because I wanted one changed from the side of the house to the garage, and somebody else came out for that. He was an older gentleman and his ladder wasn’t tall enough. He couldn't get up way high so he couldn’t reach it. But he was really nice and helpful as much as he could. He said he would put in to have somebody else come out. Somebody was supposed to call to come back out and nobody every called. But that was for the second go-around because for the first go-around, the younger guy did everything that I asked him to do.

I like the features in my system. I bring up the app on my tablet and phone. But I noticed that I can't bring up the doorbell on the computer. I can only bring it up on the tablet or smartphone. So when I’m on the computer and I pull up all the cameras live, it pulls up everything, but the doorbell camera. The rep told me that I can bring it up but it won't be live. It will only be video that have been saved throughout the day that triggered the doorbell. But other than that, I like it a lot. It was really nice that Guardian was able to put the alarm on this house. When we go to sleep at night, it is extra security. When my husband’s not home, I can put it on. It is good knowing that I can do that, and if these doors opened up, it would set off the alarm. I like that.

Hi Jacqui,

Thank you for sharing a helpful and detailed review of your customer experience! Guardian Protection is proud to provide you with additional peace of mind every day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had moved into a house with a Guardian system in it. That was about 17 years ago. The interaction with the rep from Guardian has been very good. My two most recent episodes had been when I moved into the house that I'm in now. It was being built. A sales rep actually came out. We discussed various options. It was all good information, and he was very helpful.

I had another discussion about a month or so ago with an in-office inside sales person. Having read my contract and if it started if I did nothing, the contract would roll over for another five years which is way too long for anything to roll over. But the rep was very helpful in, first of all, agreeing that we would go on a month to month basis when this contract terminated. But we both agreed that probably around April or May of this year, we would discuss various other renewal options for the security system in the house and different products that are now available through Guardian. So it's all very good.

Also, the overall features were great. But one caveat about them is that I just have a very basic, barebones system here. That's really all that I feel that I need, although I am open to further discussion when I talk to the sales folks in April or May. Also, I don’t like the pricing on the system. It's $45 a month, and when I balked at that, almost five years ago when the house was being constructed, I was told that that monthly premium or fee embraced the fact that they were installing a system in the house, and they wanted to amortize it over five years.

I get that, but I came from a home where the billing was about $27 a month because the system had been installed a long time ago and I was on a month to month. The pricing is a bit high, for what other competitors are offering. And when I spoke to the salesperson, I told him that we need to talk about that and we need to see what's available going forward.

And another critique was the system alarm went off one time. I was away and about 650 miles from home. For whatever reason, Guardian called the police before they called me. That was just unacceptable because I had to pay the police for a false alarm. It was at that point that the Guardian rep told me that sometimes, these systems will go off if a fly or a spider is on or moves across the motion detector.

I never knew that and it has concerned me every time I leave this house and I put the motion detector on. So that's a technical issue that we need to talk about going forward because I don’t want false alarms especially if I'm out of state. I don’t want to pay the police to come out here and look at a house that's got a false alarm going on. Even so, any time that I've needed Guardian, they have been available for consultation. They are also very easy to deal with.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for sharing detailed feedback on your customer experience. It's great to hear you have been a member of the Guardian Protection family for so long and we appreciate your business. Please message us here or call 1-800-PROTECT with any additional system questions.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

The Guardian sales reps came to the door, explained what they were doing and I decided to go with it. We haven't had the security system for six months but one of the batteries has already gone bad. One time, I went out and had my phone on vibrate. The sensor in the back door that goes in the yard was not functioning properly and it bypassed that door, which wasn't armed while I was gone. The reps called me and left me a message so I called them back. We checked the unit and it was back on. Then, I went out the other day and the sensor came back on again and said that the battery was low on the back door. I checked the unit and it came back on. I pulled the battery out, put in a new one and it has been functioning since.

But, for a new system, I shouldn't have had to replace the battery for at least two or three years. I've got two more doors that have sensors on them and I haven't had any problem with batteries going dead on me. I'm assuming that the battery was either bad or instead of getting a new sensor out of a package, they gave me one that wasn't new.

I have also called Guardian about something I didn't understand about the alarm system. The signal of the keyfob on the outside of the house didn't go to the monitor and the alarm went off. It had a big red light on the screen 'cause I disarmed it when I came in the door from outside. It worked that way and I've been doing that ever since. I've never bothered to fool with the screen with the other alarms that I had but for this one, I set it, I have 45 seconds to get out the door and there seems to be no problem with it. I had my phone off too and I didn't know it wasn't armed properly. Still, I've not had any major problems with the Guardian security system while I've had several alarms that went off with my old system. Also, I was afraid to walk out of my house the way things were around the community but with Guardian, I felt somewhat secure.

Hello Elwood,

Thank you for leaving feedback for Guardian Protection Services. I'll check into your account and see how we can help with that battery. We are honored to be your home security provider and I'm glad to hear the professionally monitored security is bringing you peace of mind.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We built a new home and when we were selecting the things for our house, Guardian representatives came to our home. Plenty of our neighbors opted not to have Guardian installed, but we chose to have it installed. And we’re still with them for about eight years now. Their monthly monitoring fee has gone up twice since we’ve been with Guardian and nobody has complained about it. Then when calling in with a question or a problem, the first representative you speak to leaves something to be desired. They are very inflexible.

About a month ago, we kept getting a low battery alarm on the recorder. My husband frequently travels so the recorder is important. And when I go to bed at night, I like knowing that if somebody comes in, I’m gonna know who it is. I called Guardian about it and the individual that answered the phone asked me if I put a battery in it. I told him that I did not because it was the third time in six weeks and that something was wrong with the unit. He looked back and saw that we had calls and had a service call. He then said that they would have to send somebody up to come out.

The first available date that the rep gave me was 10 days away, but I wasn’t okay with that. 10 days is a long time when you are talking about home protection. But he said that he couldn’t make any appointments for anything other than the first available date. Then I asked to speak to his supervisor, but it was 7 o’clock in the evening. There was no supervisor present and that he was the on-call person. I would have to call back the next day and speak to someone else because it was not acceptable. But before I could call back the next day, a technician called and said that he had an opening. He finished a job on the other side of our neighborhood and he could be there in 20 minutes. He came and he replaced the unit.

I also asked the technician why we kept having the low battery thing. We put the proper batteries in it and it should last for longer than two weeks. He went downstairs and he came back and said that the problem was the communication box. It needs to be located on the first floor, not in the basement. The unit tries too hard to connect with the box, which is what comes to our monitoring center, and it is eating up our batteries. So, he moved the unit up on the first floor in a very discreet location. Everything has been operating wonderfully since. It was the worst experience I’ve had, but it was resolved very easily as soon as I talked to a technician. We have also encouraged other people who are building to have Guardian installed. They offered free installation while we were building the house. And Guardian is the perfect way to go.

Hello Mary,

Thank you for including Guardian Protection in your home build! We appreciate your feedback and loyalty over the years and I'm glad to hear the technician took care of your initial issues.

Sincerley,

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

When I changed to Guardian, I only had the signal for when the doors are opened and closed, but I don't have my doorbell working. I don't know if that would be an extra charge for me to go back and get my doorbell working. I don't have extra money to be paying because I’m on a fixed income. Nonetheless, so far I haven’t had any problems. The only thing I have to be careful about is I don't put it on every night, and I don't put it on if I’m going on a short trip and coming right back in. Sometimes, being a senior citizen, I sit up here and if I open the door, it goes off and I have to make sure I remember my password and my safety number. I don't want the police to be coming on a false alarm.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback for Guardian Protection! We are happy to help answer any questions and I see that you spoke to a representative on 10/15/19, please let us know here if you have any further questions.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

It’s working out awesome with Guardian. We are really enjoying it. We only had the Guardian doorbell that came with the home we bought. Once we settled, I told my husband we should think of a security system, I would feel safer and could sleep better. We talked with the first gentleman that came and got us installed and told us whenever we changed our mind, that he would be happy to get us on it. We’ve lived here for years and I told them the house came with Guardian and I think we should just continue. The Horton Homes having this makes a big difference. A lot of people in the neighborhood that have Guardian have said they’ve all liked and have been happy with it.

The employees of Guardian who came and helped us out were phenomenal. Everybody’s been really nice. The first night, it was hilarious. I hit the wrong code. I did the emergency code and they called me. I got the numbers all backwards so I had to write them again. But it was nice. At least they called. Now we’re becoming pros with the system. The features in the system are awesome. We’re impressed with everything, especially the garage door. We’re very happy. We didn’t think we would really ever need security but nowadays the way it is, you’re better off. The world is changing, not for the better.

Hi Anid,

Thank you for sharing your Guardian Protection experience! It's great to hear your neighborhood is well protected and we hope the security system brings your family peace of mind.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

The person who took my call was Very helpful when I called about my main battery as it was sounding an alarm. It turned out it was dead and needed replaced. The technician that came out was very nice. And he called before coming which was helpful since I had to meet with him after work.

Hi Monica,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent customer experience with Guardian Protection. We are proud to help protect what matters most to you every day and provide additional peace of mind. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I just built a house and Guardian was offered to me by Orion Homes. The customer service reps were good and they did everything perfectly. The installer showed me everything, even stuff I didn't catch before. Everything is working out good with Guardian. Anything I could think of, they got it. Guardian Protection is for my wife. If she’s happy, I’m happy.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Guardian's right at the end of the telephone. When somebody has accidentally triggered the system, it's real easy to get in touch with them and they are very quick to call if you should happen to walk out the door without disarming it. They usually get us on the cellphone before we can leave the driveway. And when something happens, I call, they tell me what to do and I fix it. I had fun changing batteries in my motion detector. They had a really cute little video but it didn’t work that way. When I called, a nice lady worked me through how to get the batteries changed which wasn't quite as simple as they showed on that video. Since having the security system installed, I feel more secure. And I also got money off my homeowner's policy. Overall, I've been very satisfied with Guardian.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for sharing a great customer review for Guardian Protection! We are honored to be your home security provider of choice and we are always happy to help with any technical questions. Thank you for your continued business and have a safe day.

Guardian Protection Company Information