Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.33/5

Guardian Protection has years of experience providing innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses in DE, FL, IN, MD, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WV and Washington, D.C. Guardian offers traditional security technology, including intrusion and fire detection, plus indoor and outdoor video security and smart home features, including automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. You can access these services from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens, Guardian’s 24/7, award-winning monitoring center initiates responses in an average of 30 seconds or less.

BOTTOM LINE

Guardian Protection offers customized plans with three- to five-year contracts. It also has a Home Theft Protection Guarantee, so if there is a break-in at your house, Guardian Protection pays $500 toward your deductible.

PROS

• Free installation
  • Home Theft Protection Guarantee
  • Highly praised customer service

CONS

• Not available nationwide

Top Guardian Protection Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

I'm single. I just have me and my little dog so I feel much safer having the Guardian system … I do arm it when I'm gone for work then also if I go somewhere for a weekend. It makes me feel better knowing that I have that extra level of security.

My husband traveled and I was nervous about being home alone … I started looking and Guardian's price was right when they were gonna put it into my house … I’ve probably had Guardian for 20 years and it’s been a good experience. I’m very satisfied with Guardian.

Guardian Protection Call Now Toll Free (844) 277-9642 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Guardian Protection packages

All Guardian Protection packages include 24/7 monitoring, professional installation and app access. The most basic package from Guardian Protection includes a state-of-the-art IQ2 security panel and a home automation controller. It also comes with PowerG wireless intrusion technology for more secure encryption, longer range and better battery life.

Guardian Protection also customizes smart home security packages based on your needs.

To get started, speak with a Guardian Protection representative — they can walk you through different plan options and help you choose the best one to protect your home.

Guardian Protection products

For a full Guardian home technologies price list, it’s best to contact the company directly. Popular equipment from Guardian Protection includes:

• Motion sensor systems
  • Glass break detectors
  • Video doorbells
  • Indoor and outdoor cameras
  • Smart garage door openers
  • Smart door locks
  • Door and window sensors

Guardian Protection installation

Guardian Protection security systems must be professionally installed. However, the company includes the installation fee in all customized packages. Guardian Protection’s technicians test your system to make sure it works properly. These installers also evaluate your property for weak security spots or areas of concern.

Guardian Protection FAQ

Is Guardian Protection available in my state?
Guardian Protection services are available in:
  • Delaware
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia
What do reviews say about Guardian Protection?
Guardian Protection reviews mention Guardian’s quick alarm response times and helpful customer service.
How to cancel Guardian Protection services?
Contact Guardian Protection directly if you wish to cancel a Guardian Protection service contract, but be aware the company has a strict cancellation policy. If you cancel, you must still pay 100% of your remaining balance.

Do we recommend Guardian Protection?

We recommend Guardian Protection. We like Guardian’s Home Theft Protection Guarantee, which provides $500 toward your insurance deductible after a break-in. We also like Guardian Protection's smart home features that make it easy to stay on top of your home security. Just make sure that Guardian Protection provides service in your state.

Guardian Protection Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I've been with Guardian for several years now. They've done very well. Whenever I have a problem, I can get ahold of somebody fairly easily. They don't have a very automated system, so when you call them, you can get ahold of an actual person. The only thing that I ever had a gripe about really is scheduling service, trying to get somebody to come to the house. Sometimes, it's a couple of weeks out. Other than that, everything has been fine.

Whenever I have an alarm, they're on top of it. They’re always there when I need them. Their response time is excellent. When I have an alarm, they call me within 10 seconds. That's the most important thing to me. They also don't bother me with unwanted things or try to push extra things on me randomly, like with calls. If I had any type of suggestion, it might be a little bit more awareness with the product, possibly having an ability to update this system after a period of years. I recommended them to my brother, who lives in the area. He ended up going with them as well.

Hi George,
Thank you for being a long-time Guardian customer. We are honored to be your security partner and equally so to be the security systems company that you recommended to your brother. I am happy to hear that you have found Guardian to deliver to your satisfaction - especially in the all-important function of rapid response to your alarm system's signals. Our 24-hour monitoring center never sleeps so that you can have the peace of mind that you deserve. I do appreciate your patience with us in the area of scheduling service. We have experienced some backlog due to the pandemic. As a matter of routine, we generally offer low cost upgrades to our customers' systems in return for an extension of the term of the monitoring agreement. You may want to check with our customer care team about this. They work extended hours and are here Sunday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST and can be reached by calling 1-800-PROTECT (800-776-8328). Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection and for taking the time to provide us insightful and helpful comments. It is greatly appreciated.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Every time I've called Guardian, they've been very good. I had to deal with my one alarm here for my smoke detector and we resolved that. I've never had a system that was monitored like this. My smoke detector, CO2 detector, if I take it off the wall, it shows a tamper. I never knew any of that stuff. I go, “Wow.” It goes to my smartphone. It's a whole new learning experience.

The installer was very good. He set it up. We had to do some troubleshooting because I was supposed to get a Ring and a doorbell. It’s their camera system for the doorbell. But we found out I didn't have a very good internet connection, so I knew I had to change that. When I got it changed and I called them, they came out, no problem and hooked it up for me. I can't complain at all about Guardian.

I like the way their setup is. It transmits in two different ways. It transmits by landline and cellular, so that if my phone line is cut, I still got cellular backup. In the old days before cellular, you only had landline. They've been very attentive whenever I call them on customer service. Also, when I've called them, I like that they're consistently asking me for my ID. Like, “What's your password?” to make sure you are the person calling in is who you really are.

They've also answered my questions. That's how I found out how this alarm worked. I wasn't too worried about burglar as long as I'm here, but I was worried about the fire department responding.‘Cause where I live, if you get an alarm and the fire department gets an alarm, and even though you call in with a passcode, the fire department still sends a rig to verify. I found out that when it's a low battery alarm, they will just send a text message or they’ll call the house. So, they make contact to let you know we had a problem. They don't automatically send the fire department, which I liked because it's not an act of fire alarm.

Hi Jon,
    Thank you so very much for taking the time to rate us. I am glad to see that your experience with Guardian Protection has been a five-star experience. We will continue to strive to bring you the best in 24-hour monitored smart home security. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection.
    Amy,

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 25, 2020

Family members have used Guardian. Their reps were helpful. They can do what they can over the phone. If they can't do that, then they send out a person to fix it. Also, the contractors were very professional and friendly. The system is pretty much everything you need. You have to pay five bucks more if you want to start doing smart home stuff.

The equipment has been decent. However, we've had little issues here and there. Once you buy the equipment, it's your equipment. And even if the equipment fails, you still have to pay to have Guardian come out to do a service call. They charge you a bit extra for an upgraded level of service so that you only have to pay for the service call. For example, we had a control panel that went south and I didn't have to pay for a new control panel, but I had to pay 25 bucks to have them come out and fix it or replace it. One time we needed to add sensors so they brought out more and calibrated them. Guardian is a professional outfit. I trust them and their products.

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection and taking the time to leave a thoughtful review on Consumer Affairs. I'm glad that you've highlighted the benefits of having the extended repair agreement - such as a copay to replace the panel instead of having to pay for a brand new system. We are proud to help protect you and your home every day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Before using Guardian Protection, I used two different home security systems, one of which was Protection 1. The Guardian system that I have now is better. The only thing that ticked me off was I was still under contract with Protection 1, and Chris, who was the salesman, told me, “Well, if you are, we’ll go ahead and pay what you owe off.” After that, I never saw him again or heard from him, and I end up paying $1,000 -- it was not that I couldn’t afford it. When I contacted Guardian, he wasn't working there anymore.

But I had some new stuff put in because my smoke detector wasn’t hooked up to the system and it kept beeping. I’ve got vaulted ceilings here and it’s right at the top. I’d had to get a ladder that was 15-foot tall in order to get up there. And I had changed it once, a couple years ago, but a little bit younger then and I did not feel like climbing up ladders. So, I had called Guardian, had them put in a new smoke detector which is hooked up to my panel, and it’s at a place where if the battery needs to be changed, I can just get on a stool and take it off.

But they also put in a carbon dioxide checker too. And they put that where if there was carbon monoxide in the house from my heater or something, it would show up. And I’ve never had a problem with carbon monoxide, but you cannot take a chance. So, I had them put it in. It was expensive, but I could afford it. I knew it was gonna cost me because they told me ahead of time what it was gonna cost, which was okay. When they put the system in, they didn’t charge me anything. It was one of those advertisement things where they come around all the time. All you have to do is pay the first payments and that is it, which is fine.

So, now, if something happens where I got smoke and it sets the alarm off, I can go to the panel and put my code in and have the thing shut off because I have had smoke in here one time. I had oil in a cast-iron frying pan and I was curing it, so I had it on fire under it. And I forgot about it and went to the bedroom, and I was talking to my wife. So, all of a sudden, the siren goes off and I came running in there and the house was full of smoke. I then went ahead and opened the doors and everything else and tried to shut the thing off. It took me a couple of times before there was no smoke.

I called up Protection 1 and told them, “I just had a little problem with smoke on my stove.” My wife said, “Everything’s taken care of. Please, don’t send anybody out.” The fire department come over, however, and parked out in front of my house, and I told them what happened. Overall, Guardian has been good. If I’ve had something wrong, they’d come out and fix it. Also, the guy who did the installation did a good job and he took care of business. He was very pleasant to talk to as well.

Hi Edward,

Thank you for providing detailed feedback on your customer experience. It's great to hear you are finding the security system reliable and the customer care helpful. We appreciate your continued business very much.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I had Guardian come out one time. We had a fire alarm problem and one of their technicians came out. He was extremely nice. But what happened was he came in and he looked at the smoke alarm that was up top and he said to me, “I can’t touch that one. It isn’t ours. It belongs to you.” He said, “I’ll show you where ours is.” So, he walked me around the house and he showed me the one which is right near our bedroom. It's the one that’s hooked up to them. I told him that one works. I don’t have any problem with that one. And he said, “Yeah. We would've known if you did. But right now, that’s it. That’s all I can do.” So, he left.

Then I got a bill for $185 for something he spent less than three minutes in the house, and that pissed me off. I called up and then someone said they'd lower it to 105. That was what I had to pay for three minutes in the house and doing absolutely nothing because he couldn't do anything. I'll be with Guardian for five years next year, and I’ve never had any other problems with them and the bill still bothered me.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent service experience. I'm sorry to hear the problem was unrelated to the security system and we couldn't help further. Please reach out if you have any additional questions and we thank you for your continued business.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Hi, In short Guardian Protection Services uses unethical tactics and is completely towards the most advantageous for their profit possible. I would highly recommend vetting them out against any other provider of this service in the following areas.

1. Contract - length of contract and how contract terms are communicated

2. Relocation policies

3. Early termination policies and renewal policies

4. Overall Costs

If you would like to know why I bring these points out please continue to read. First, the contract. I’m in a sales position and do B2B sales so I’m accustomed to contracts. Dates in the contracts are clearly seen and completely communicated. Guardian has several checkboxes for a consumer to accept - like I certify I will be home during installation, I’m the homeowner, and other non-contract like language - but then has a box for this is a 60-month term. That may be fine if you are okay with 60 months but if you are not they will still slide this paperwork in and that is deceitful. Second, relocation services - if you relocate to an area or home/apartment that can not take the services and you still have time on your contract. You will have to pay the rest of the contract out - plus early termination penalties.

Third, early termination penalties/renewal. I find these appalling and they do differ per State - as Guardian Protection Services will use to the full their advantage at a per State level. First ETP (Early Termination Penalties). So in a 60-month contract at month 58 I call and want to cancel - I’m willing to pay the $90 for the two months and walk away. No, that does not work their early termination penalties we’re over $1000.00! Next, renewal - in some States it can auto-renew for 12 months or more, and some it auto-renews for 30 days - check your State. This means you have to call in exactly 30 days before your contract expires.

Fourth, final on my list is costs. A 4G LTE connection - the type that Guardian gets costs under $5/Month. The hardware that Guardian Protection Services installs is likewise very inexpensive (and I might add we had a very bad install - the motherboard - battery, etc. is just hanging not fastened to anything). All of that is $45/Month for a base security system - two keypads - three doors - two glass breaks - smoke detectors - carbon monoxide detector - that’s it. I have 12 windows on the lower levels that have nothing. In calling in to cancel they said they could take off $5/Month. Check them out on Glassdoor as well - how do their employees like what they do and the company they work for? Stay away from this company if you can - they don’t care about you - why should you care about doing business with them?

Hi David,
    I am sorry for your frustration. We take your concerns seriously because customer satisfaction is very important to Guardian. Because Guardian makes a significant upfront investment when new electronic security hardware is professionally installed and activated in your property, the costs of such hardware are recouped by the provider over the initial contract period. This is the reason an early termination fee may apply if you wish to cancel prior to the end of the initial contract period. The contract, which complies with the laws of each state, also serves to protect both the consumer and the provider, by defining services to be provided, rates, terms, and obligations of each party. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-PROTECT (1-800-776-8328) and we will be glad to answer any additional questions that you may have.

Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Do not use this company! I have 8 months remaining my agreement but to cancel early they want to charge me more than twice I’d pay for the remainder of the agreement. Ridiculous! I will be canceling in July and will encourage anyone that will list not to do business with them.

Hi Bernard,
    I am sorry for your frustration. I have located your account and have escalated this issue to our customer care supervisor. Please expect a callback within 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Guardian Protection had originally installed the alarm system in this house and they were able to pick it up and go. They didn't have to drill any holes or add any extra equipment so it was easy. My biggest objection is that they're expensive. But other than that, the customer service has been real good when I called them. We had a smoke alarm go off and couldn't get it to shut off from the kitchen. They helped us do that. Also, the features of the syste are okay for what we need it. If somebody breaks down a back door, the alarm will go off and there's a motion detector in the house.

Hi David,
    Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your opinion is important and helpful. I am happy to know that our technical care and 24-hour monitoring teams have been super helpful to you in providing assistance. Trust that we will be there when you need us. Our 24-nour monitoring center never sleeps so you can. Here's to peace of mind! Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

When we moved into the condo, Guardian was the company who was doing the new condos that were being built so we decided to go with them. It was great with their rep during our initial contact. He asked questions, we told him what we were looking for, and he told us what was available. And they're very good about responding. If I have any problems, I call them and if they're not available, they get back to me. If not, I call back and they respond right away.

Hi Sandra,
    I see that you reviewed Guardian Protection on October 12. I am just now receiving your review from the people at the Consumer Affairs website. I want to thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us. Our sales, care, monitoring, and technical teams love what they do and it is very rewarding to hear that you find them to be highly responsive. Trust that we are always here for you. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. Life is better when it's safe!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I was using a security system and I wasn't that happy with it, and Guardian came through. Their price was right and they had more things to offer such as the doorbell camera which was something I was looking for. The rep answered all of the questions that I had and whenever there's been an issue, they've always been right there to help out. During the installation, the rep had to climb over boxes and I was a little concerned. He could have gone around but that's okay. There was probably not much more he could have done with that. We've been very happy with Guardian but the system is very sensitive. We have cats in the house and it sets off the alarm even though it's not supposed to.

My mother and I got the system at the same time and they put two different types on the garage doors. The system is saying that the doors are closed and they're locked, but it's also saying that it's not connecting. Then, it says it may be the battery. When I called once before about it, I even sent pictures and Guardian was supposed to get back with me. They never contacted me again to let me know what kind of battery I was supposed to change. I've spoken with them since and they said it’s showing on their side that the batteries are working. This past week, the system said the right garage door was bypassed because it wasn't working properly or the battery was dead.

Guardian Protection Company Information