toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the great customer testimonial! We are so glad the smart home security features have helped you protect your home in your every day routine.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Great experience with Guardian thus far. Customer service along with installation has been awesome. Really love the remote front door lock and garage door controls. Geo fence for warning when garage doors are left open have been a lifesaver!

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your review of Guardian Protection! It's wonderful to hear the sales and installation experience went smoothly for you, that is our goal. Also, with a response time of less than 30 seconds, we pride ourselves in protecting what you value most in life.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 30, 2017

The sales representative that I spoke to was very friendly. Then the installers came out and we did the whole process then they hooked it up. Everything was in the wall by the time we moved in our brand-new home. Guardian has been very good so far. I had an incident where somebody came to my door and my daughter forgot the alarm was on. She opened the door, and they called me before she even disarmed it to let me know. That was pretty quick and I like that. I’d recommend them.

Hello Dorothy,

Thank you for being a long time customer of Guardian Protection Services! It's so wonderful to hear that you have felt protected for so long and we really value your safety. Our customer's safety and satisfaction is our #1 priority and we hope to help protect what you value most for many more years to come. Please let us know if you need anything, we are always here for you.

Nathan D.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: April 2, 2017

I've had Guardian for so long and I don't even think of changing. I'm protected and hundred percent happy. For my basement, I have the bars in the windows on the bottom and I have glass breakage. Whatever security feature was available, I got it. If by mistake, I opened the door, locked myself in at night time and decided to go in the garage, Guardian would call me right away. So everything is fine. I have recommended them to many friends. My daughter's also with Guardian. I'm still friends with Adam who was part of the installation team. He's a nice guy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Guardian is similar to the service of my other security provider and the only difference is the light video cam that they have. During installation, there was Angel one and Angel two. Both were very professional and efficient. They took care of it and they were awesome and great. I love the system and it reminds me to turn on my alarm at 9:00. Also, the response time is incredible. The first time, my husband forgot to turn it off and he got nervous. They were on it and came quickly. So far, I'm very happy with the service and the personnel that I have interacted with are high quality.

Hi Keith,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your home security needs. With a response time of less than 30 seconds; we are proud to help protect what you value most.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

The builder told me about Guardian Protection Services and the system has worked out the way I was envisioning it. So far, so good. There was a false alarm with my son and they made me feel comfortable and helped me out. Their response time was excellent and they're very courteous and helpful. Being a first-time homeowner, they've also assisted me and gotten me through.

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for building your home with Guardian! We are excited that you are enjoying the system. We hope to bring your family peace of mind for many years to come.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

We built a house and Guardian was our option. ADT came literally the day we were moving in but we told them we were good. Guardian's customer service reps have all been fantastic. They were friendly and thorough in helping us get to know our system. They always came at a good time. It’s convenient. They were pretty close to the hours that were set for us. One time, the rep was even early. I'm impressed. I really like the features of the Guardian system. They cover our needs. I like that there’s a button for the separate emergency unit. That’s cool. I also like that there is a distress code. So far, it’s been great with Guardian. I am feeling secure especially with three little ones. I know when the doors are being opened and which one is. I highly recommend Guardian.

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection! It's great to hear the security system is working out well for you. We are in the business of providing extra peace of mind and I hope you feel more comfort in your everyday life.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I saw Guardian at a home show and the rep I had spoken to went over the price and what they have for the plan. I signed up and I got myself walking to a contract half the deal. I only had their service a couple of months and the security system does what it needs to do. The smartphone features work and I use them every day. I use it to turn on and off the system. In addition, they care about their customer service. If anybody wants an alarm system, Guardian Protection seems to be okay.

Hi Lavana,

Thank you for reviewing Guardian Protection. We are so happy that you are enjoying the system. I can assure you that Guardian does not have access to look into your home. Please call customer care at 1-888-895-4805 with any questions.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Guardian Protection Services has an amazing system and the contact that I have with their employees was nice and comfortable. Their installer Angel was very informative and to this day, I can still call if I'm not sure with something. He's still very responsive to me and that makes me feel good. Even when I'm testing my unit, the employees were very courteous and I'm having a good experience so far. Also, I like the features and I think they are making a difference, but I'm not happy with thinking that somebody is peeping on my camera. I think I'm being watched in my house and that makes me second guess. Other than that, their prices are very competitive and I'd definitely tell my friends to try the system.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Services?

Hello Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your Guardian experience. We are thrilled to have you as a customer and hope you are enjoying the system. We agree the phone app is a great feature for on the go convenience. Please let us know if you ever have questions.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

We were researching security systems back at our old house and I heard good things about Guardian. I went to talk to one of their representatives and he explained how we can use it, what the services were, and what services we could take advantage of. He wasn’t pushy if I wanted certain things. He explained what the cost would be and the cost efficiency. It was the fact that they weren't going to charge me a ton of money to put it in that I initially went with them. I had a good experience, so when we moved, we kept them.

We have the CO2, the fire, the burglary, all the breaking stuff features. Installing it the first time was great and the second time was a little confusing because it was a new construction. The gentleman who came to put this online all of a sudden wasn’t sure where anything was. So somebody else had to come back and finish it up but we didn’t get all the services we were supposed to get. It turned out they couldn’t give us the cell phone service where it'd come on like a two-way regular system because there weren't enough lines.

Nevertheless, Guardian allows me to relax. We have the ability to check the alarm system on our phone, which I love, and also shut it and unarm it. At night when we put it on and go to bed, we know that no matter what, if something goes wrong, we will know about it. That’s a very good feeling when you're in my age. I have set off the alarm a couple of times and right away, within minutes, they’d call. It's a good service. They provide what they say and they stand behind their product. That’s all a consumer could ask for and I have recommended them to people.

Guardian Protection Services

We're so happy to hear about your experience, Leta! Hearing that our customers are feeling safer is one of our favorite things!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Everything's been good so far with Guardian Protection Services. I feel more secured with it compared to the previous home security system I had. Also, the representatives from Guardian answered all my questions and showed me the system.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was happy to say the least to buying a new home. When I setup with a representative with Guardian for their services they sent Sammye **. He sat down with my wife and I explained the services Guardian provided. I am a network engineer by profession. After going through our options and writing it down. After contacting Mr. ** after the installation I noticed that the Smart Panel was in the wrong room and also I was missing a outlet I paid for. After speaking to Mr. ** after several attempts I informed him that what we signed off on the diagram is not the same as the work provided. Mr. ** in return blamed LENNAR. I was so frustrated going back and forth with him when in our diagram showed that our system was in the wrong location and I had no outlet for my router after paying for one.

My first bill just came and they are charging me $2 to send me a bill. My wife and I told Mr. ** that we would be paying our bill online and there was no need for a paper bill. To my dismay today they tell me that the only way I can have paperless billing is to SIGN UP FOR AUTOMATIC PAYMENT. I told the rep that I didn’t want to sign up for automatic billing. The rep and a supervisor informs me this is the only way I can receive paperless billing is to have my bank acct or credit card on acct. I have been a victim of identity theft and I will never store my credit card or bank info online. Now I am being charged a fee of $2 each month. These type of practices must stop. I will be cancelling my services as soon as I can and I will warn all of my new neighbors of these practices!

Ramon,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you're having a good experience with your new system. Your first bill was prorated and your next bill should be the price you agreed to. If you have any questions or your next bill is different than you expect, please let us know!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Guardian Protection Services has a good alarm system and I've got it now. It's better than the one I had before. The installation was good and the installers were professional and did great. The quality of the equipment that I got was good. The smartphone app was actually very good and we use it well. I called back a week ago regarding the payment because I had signed a contract for six months to pay $54.79 each month, but on August 18 they charged me $61 and some cents for the first month. I called back a week ago regarding the payment and the customer service rep tried to help me. She said that my bill of $61 plus was only for one month and it would be $54.79 for the next month, so I'll wait and see what they will charge me for the next month. When I didn’t have the Guardian protection service yet, I wasn't sure what to do with my home. But since having it in our home, I feel safe and I'm sleeping better, and I've recommended it to my friends.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for reviewing your Guardian Protection experience. I'm glad to hear you had us reinstalled at your new location. I have located your account and will have a customer care agent reach out right away to get you scheduled for a service visit.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

We've been with Guardian for three years now and we had them at a previous address. We liked their price and we purchased the system through a dealer. The installation wasn't a pleasant experience though. The technician wound up putting the outside camera where he thought it would be best and not where we wanted it. So they're going to come out and re-do it. Unfortunately, they had to reschedule a few times. There's an issue with the technician. Other than that, we definitely feel a little better having the system and I really put that much trust in it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were with Monitronics before we changed over to Guardian. A Guardian rep came over and said that they would take care of whatever is left in the balance of our contract with Monitronics when we switched, but the problem has been dragging on. Monitronics is still calling us and telling us that since we’re paying Guardian and not them, they're going to send collection soon. They're not canceling our system until the balance is paid up. So I called Guardian and they told us to take care of it. We told Guardian that if we're going into collections, then we have to go back to Monitronics who is right now having us on the hook. We just want to be with one system and be done.

Other than that, I'd tell a friend that he'd get a good system for a good price with Guardian. We like their sales reps and the improvements and upgrade on the quality of service. That was a big part of why we switched over. The tech who installed the system showed us how to use it, as well as the ins and outs of some of the accessories we didn’t have before. We also like that we get notifications of when the alarm is set and disarmed when I’m not home so I know when my wife has left in the morning and my wife knows when I get home for the night because we have different shifts.

Hi Lorena,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your home security needs. It's wonderful to hear you have recommended us to your mother, let us know if she signs up! You may be trying to contact the local dealer, however, Guardian's customer support works extended hours 7 days a week. Please reach us at 1-888-895-4805 with any questions. I will also open a call back to assist with these outlying issues.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

The installation of my Guardian system was good. The technician was really nice and he explained everything to me. He answered all my questions. Everything that I would want is there. However, I keep getting that something with my front door and window is malfunctioning. When I open the door it’ll keep saying, “Front door open.” It’s like the door’s been open all day. And it’ll keep going on and on and on. Yesterday it did it three times. They told me maybe it could’ve been because they were old sensors, but I’ve never had a problem with it. They said they were going to come out on Saturday and they never came out. I’m going to call them and ask them.

It’s hard to get a hold of them though. They told me that since they’re local, it’s easier to get a hold of them and they won’t charge me. But I haven’t even been able to get a hold of them. The only time I got a hold of them was when I talked to somebody telling me that there’s a sensor malfunction. Also, the Guardian rep said he was going to pay my bill because my contract wasn’t up yet, so I’m still waiting for that to happen. Other than that, everything’s okay. I’m trying to get my mom to go to them, but she has a bad experience with her other system, so she doesn’t want it anymore.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for the great customer testimonial! It's wonderful to hear the response team was quick and efficient even though it was an accidental alarm. We are in the business of providing extra peace of mind for your family.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

We bought a house this summer and took over the Guardian system that the previous owner had used. I had an alarm go off last weekend because my mom went in the house and she didn’t realize the alarm was armed. Guardian Protection called in less than a minute. I felt like it was super quick and they went through the steps of securing the house and made sure that everything was okay. My husband is deployed and I got two babies so the system makes me feel a lot better with him not being home. I feel a lot safer with having the security system because before having the security system, I was more hesitant to look into it myself when I hear something. I would invite anyone who is looking into getting a system to check Guardian Protection Services.

Hi Russ,

Thank you for switching to Guardian! We are so glad the system is working out well for you. Helping protect you and your family is our top priority. Please let us know if you ever have questions.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I've used ADT previously and, so far, I like the Guardian really well. The newer tech with the phone and the key fob is nice. The rep who sold it to me was really good. He contacted me again to make sure we were happy with it and if we had any questions. We had a little issue at the very beginning with our motion detectors. They were, for some reason, setting off. He promptly took care of it for us. He placed the different stuff in there so that it wouldn't do that. I got along great with him. The installer did a good job too. He was in and out very fast. Calling back up to the actual monitoring service, they contacted us so I didn’t have any issues with them.

We live out in the country, so it's very much sense of security for my wife and family when they're there too. Definitely knowing that I can know if anything’s wrong gives a sense of safety at home. We definitely are feeling pleased with it. I definitely have no regrets at this point going with Guardian. I would recommend them to people in the future.

Hello Barbara,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services. I'm glad that you are happy with the services overall. I have located your account and will have a customer care agent reach out to see if there's anything we can help you with to make you feel more comfortable using the system.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I had problems with both of the home security system that I have. Guardian told me that whatever the device was on the phone that burned the unit that I had, they tried to upgrade it. That was the feel that I got. I still had some difficulty and they had to come out two or three different times. Something's still wrong but I didn't know what it is. Someone who knows more about the operation of the unit needs to look at it and tell me what's going on. The service people that came out were unable to do anything right then. They called the one who installed it. He came out and reprogrammed it and he got it working fairly well.

The features looked very good. I wished I could see some of the things that I saw before because there's a little difference in the way that I can get back to the unit. There was a bell before and all I had to do was touch the bell but I don't see it anymore. However, if somebody rings my doorbell, it lets me know that somebody is there. The unit before enables me to speak to whoever was at the door. I don’t see that feature now with the smartphone. There’s still a little bit more to be desired.

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for joining the Guardian Family! It's great to hear we have been helping to protect your family for a number of years. We agree the mobile app is convenient for on the go monitoring!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

My parents have always had Guardian for a very long time. Guardian has been reliable for my parents so I went with them in the long run. I contacted them before we even moved in about three months ago and the reps were helpful. I like the Guardian app especially because I travel a lot for work and so does my husband. We have people stopping by to feed the animals and we are able to see what kind of activity has gone on. The quality of their equipment is good and none of the alarms have gone off because we haven’t had any incidents. Guardian is easy to use and reliable and I’d definitely recommend them.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your feedback on your Guardian sale process. With over 60 years in the security industry we trust you will experience additional peace of mind with your new system. Please let us know if you ever have questions by contacting customer care at 1-888-895-4805.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

The Guardian Protection salesman did a good job. He met me and got me going, but there's a little bit of pressure on his part. Also, the installers were really good and were awfully cordial. The smartphone features work all right and I use them all the time. I also got a sign put in front of my house as a deterrent. I’d get out and get it installed without the system just for a little less money, just to have a sign. I’m paying a pretty good number on a system for a five-year basis. Now, they’re locking and they get all the work, so I’m hoping for the best.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I took over the alarm monitoring system when I purchased our home. The system was already 7 plus years old and we had to recently switch to a cellular device add on due to eliminating a landline. We were customers... Paying customers since 2010 prior to this. Ever since the "upgrade" we have had an extreme amount of false alarms. The alarm goes off indicating a door has been opened. We immediately punch in our code and several minutes they call to obtain the password. Unfortunately we can't always answer so they call the police.

I understand if we did not immediately enter our disarm code within seconds but they still call us and send the police. I have tried relentlessly to fix this problem. They send a test signal and say everything is ok. Well obviously not. Now we are trying to cancel our alarm and they want over $1000. As a retired police officer and a local realtor I highly recommend you contract with another company who offers month to month so that when problems arise, they don't charge you to stop the bleeding. Guardian is highly overrated and several companies offer better service at a better rate.

Hi Dominique,

Thank you for the glowing review! It's so great to hear that you are enjoying the services . Our goal is help you feel more secure in your home and we look forward to working with you.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Everybody at Guardian Protection Services was very friendly, very helpful and very informative. They also explained everything like they should and I was very impressed. The installation took a little longer but the people who installed the system explained why and walked me through everything. They troubleshooted and it was very good. I have a son with special needs so I have the camera in my home. That's very important to me and the other places that I used could not do that for me. Then I have the intercom system which I like and it all ties in with the doorbell. I also plan on adding some features like another camera.

So far, it’s been a great experience and I’m very pleased with Guardian. We currently have a lot of construction workers around since my neighborhood is under construction but the security system makes me feel more secure. We’re also very comfortable with our safety at night. I will be the best spokesperson for Guardian right now because I praise them. In fact, I have a friend who has them and because of what I was telling her, she called them and had some upgrades in her system. Now, she’s extra happy about her upgrades.

Guardian Protection Services

Octaviano, thanks for sharing you're experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us. Let us know if you ever have any questions.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Guardian does better compared to my previous security alarm. Their sales associate explained to me that the system lets me see on the phone if a person I don’t know comes in. A guy and a girl did a fine job connecting everything and explaining to me and my wife how it works. So far, I can use its features on my company telephone, as well as on wife’s phone. Guardian Protection Services is good and one of my daughters has one.

Guardian Protection Services

Glad to hear you've had a good experience, Mark. We appreciate your feedback. If you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out. We're here to help!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I corresponded via email with someone from Guardian who was handling the account for the house that we bought. He took care of everything over email and digitally. There also was a person who came and updated a couple of things. He was knowledgeable, professional, very nice and knew what he was doing. The features offered in our system are on par with everything else I've seen and I like their smartphone features. I use the Total Connect app but I wish I could use the Guardian app because it looks nicer. I also like the idea of cameras which Guardian has and the cost is worthwhile on there. The performance of my system is very good but it's a little sensitive. I have a large dog in a kennel and that sets off the glass break sensor in one room. Other than that, I'm happy with the system and I feel safe having it. It's been a hassle-free experience with Guardian.

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for choosing to switch over to Guardian Protection Services! It's great to hear we were able to find an affordable security package for you. Our customer care team works extended hours 7 days a week if you ever have questions.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

We had Protection One previously but I like Guardian Protection Services better because of the features that we didn’t have before like the remote control which is pretty handy. Also, they are $5 cheaper. The installation team was super. It was simple to switch over because most of the equipment was left over. In the beginning, they owned the equipment from Protection One so there wasn’t much change. It’s a good deal.

Guardian Protection Services

Thanks for your feedback, Ken. We wish you best of luck with your new business. We're glad to help protect it!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

We have a business that we bought, so using Guardian was already an existing contract. Their customer service representatives were very professional. They called and we changed over the account from the previous owners to ours. They had a guy come out and reset everything. He also gave us a quick tutorial on any prevention for people that try to get in or the special codes that we could do in turning off the alarm and it was good. It's only been two months and we're still trying to get things straight with the business. I know where all the sensors are and they're in the entryways. I also feel secure that if something does go wrong, things will happen in the right way. Overall, I feel very safe having Guardian Protection Services.

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection in your new home! It's great to hear the system is working well for you. It appears you signed up for the "2Gig Go!" Control Panel, which is a modern system, however we can help you down the road with upgraded systems if you would like. Please reach out to 1-888-895-4805 with any questions.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I've had few security systems in the past. We moved and chose Guardian as our security system provider. Their sales rep came to the door, I spoke to them for a little while and it was good. The installation went smooth. But there were a couple of equipment mix-ups in terms of what I was supposed to get. And then they put it in another truck. They had to get with the tech and bring the stuff to my house but it wasn't a big deal.

The system's features are pretty good but I would like the box itself to look a little more modern. It's a little bulky and ugly. I don't like the look of it. It needs to be just smaller, sleeker. It looks like it's from the 90's or early 2000's where the last one I had was more sleek-looking and looked like I mounted a mini-iPad to my wall which is really cool. But it all functions just fine and the price is good. If you don't care about the look of the box, then they work just fine. I have the panel hooked up where it notifies me when it's armed or disarmed or if anything happens. I definitely feel better that if any of the doors open, I will be woken up and it'll call to dispatch somebody to come over to the speaker to see if it was a false alarm.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We met with somebody from Guardian to go over the features and choose what we wanted. They were very knowledgeable and it was a good interaction. Then I called customer service because I had an issue and they scheduled an appointment for a technician to come and check it out. Customer service handled that situation in an appropriate way. They were prompt and they said what they needed to say on the phone.

The installation was fine. The installer came and there were big noises like the alarm going off, which was annoying, but that was fine. They were testing it. He walked me through on how to set the security pass and then he went to test the front door camera but it was frozen. He said that if that continues then we should have somebody come out. The problem is that every time somebody would ding the doorbell, I could not get the video or be able to speak in time and the person would be gone. So I called customer service and told them that the front door camera is not working at all so there's no point in having that doorbell there.

We have just tied their product into our mortgage and it was a big mistake doing that. We have to figure out how to get this off of our mortgage. The technician came back, he did something but it's still not working. This has been going on for two weeks that the cameras don't work. I haven't heard anything about anyone coming and fixing it. The technician told me he was going to come by Friday. I saw him across the street at that day but he didn’t come by. There are so many things we're dealing with our house. I don't have time to call and then arrange when I can be here for the technician so it's very challenging. This is something that was supposed to be easy and seamless with no issue.

We wouldn't recommend Guardian to anybody. It doesn't matter that the customer service and the installation were fine and the sales people were good. The actual product isn't good and the technician never resolved the problem. There was no follow through on their end. We do not care about this service anymore since it's not working the way we want it and it's inconvenient. We needed the doorbell so that we could receive packages. I'm missing work because I have to stay home to receive packages. If we had this doorbell working, I wouldn't have to do that. We don't even set the alarm because we don't know and we don't use it so it's pointless. We would prefer to have someone come and uninstall everything. So, I'm not very happy with Guardian.

Hi John,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection! It's always nice to hear when a customer is satisfied from the initial point of contact thru the final installation. We are here 24/7, helping to protect your neighborhood.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Guardian was protecting a number of homes in our neighborhood so we thought we'd join the group. We talked to both the salesperson and the installer. Their rep handled my situation well. He explained how the unit works, how they set up the system, how they programmed it to work and how to activate and deactivate it. The installation was great too. The lead tech and a new person who was starting were there. They did a good job explaining to me why they did what they did. The features of Guardian were also what we were looking look for in a security system. We've only had it a few months and haven't experienced any problems. The reason we got the system is in the winter time, we're going to be gone and the system is a good thing to have. We're new to the neighborhood, so we weren't sure. Guardian satisfied the need we have for security and if somebody was looking at it, I'll tell them to try it.

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a phone review for Guardian! I have located your account and will have a specialist be in touch to discuss that camera add on.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Dimitri called me and he was really nice. He told me I got the Guardian system for free so that was my favorite word, "free". I like the system so far, but I would like to have the camera. Overall, my experience with Guardian has been great and I'd recommend their service.

Hi Stanley,

I'm sorry to hear you had a negative sales experience. I appreciate the feedback as this will help us improve the consumer experience. It sounds like your issues have been resolved internally, but if there's anything we can assist with further, please email wecare@gpsx.net

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Guardian Protection Services is terrible. The customer service was awful and everything they told me was a lie. When I built my house, they told me that I’d be able to use my indoor cameras that I had from ADT. I came out here and they’re not compatible and it didn’t work. I also had a previous thermostat from ADT and they wouldn’t let me use it. When they came out and hooked theirs up, it blew the fuse in my furnace when they left and they didn’t even know about it. I had to fix that myself. They credited my account for it and didn’t let me pay my bill for a month. They are the worst I’ve ever had and if it wasn’t for the 5-year agreement and $700 cost to get out, I would definitely go back to ADT in a minute. I would tell my friends to go to ADT.

Hi James,

Thank you for leaving a phone review. Please let us know if we can ever assist you with your security in the future.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I was with Vivint initially and I was very happy with them. However, a representative from AMP Smart called for Guardian Protection Services and he gave me a price that was less than what I was paying Vivint at that time. That was a consideration for me being at my age and on social security. Also, I'm 90 years old and legally blind. I have a hard time even working with that small control system that Vivint had and the representative from AMP Smart showed me a control system and he said there would be no charge to install it.

Afterwards, I called Vivint and they told me what they would do the same system for me and give me a much bigger reduction from the original price which was a lot better for me. I called AMP Smart and told them I wanted to stay with Vivint and cancel with Guardian. However, they told me that I had a three-day cancellation period and it was the morning of the 4th. I didn't know anything about that though and I didn't have a contract with them. It was never mentioned to me either and I thought it was a 30 days cancellation period. In the process, I called Vivint to get a buyout. Then the next thing I knew, I got a call the next day that AMP Smart was honoring my cancellation. Maybe the buyout was a little bit too much for them and they decided to honor the four days. I immediately called Vivint and they came out and installed an equivalent control system, which was even a little larger.

I did not have a long-time experience with Guardian. It was just about three days but their people were okay. My interactions with the installers were very good. However, I had two bedroom windows which I saw on the street that were not hooked up. That was partially because we had stuff stored in that room and the installer couldn't get to the windows to check them. I told them we would clear out that room and that I needed those windows hooked up. He said they would come back and do that, but I never got to call him back and Vivint corrected that. They went back there and checked the two sensors. They were working and everything is hooked up. I was satisfied with Guardian and the only thing I was dissatisfied with is I paid $39.90 for that month, which was only for three days, but they told me I would get it returned to the bank. I would still recommend Guardian to anyone else.

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs, not once, but twice! We are so happy the system provides you extra peace of mind and the reps have been helpful.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I have Guardian Protection Services at another location and I was satisfied with it, so I got another one. Their reps answered my questions and I already knew what to do the first time around so there was no need for the install tech to explain much to me. He was good and very knowledgeable. The features offered in my system are great and the quality of the equipment is up to date. The Guardian people are really prompt and they tell me right away if something is wrong. The security system is also working well.

Guardian Protection Services Company Profile