4.25/5
Based on 601 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection Services provides years of experience in innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses. Guardian provides the Edge™ in high-tech, reliable options. Some services include traditional security technology including intrusion and fire detection, indoor and outdoor video security, and smart home features like automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. These services can be accessed from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens you can feel comfortable knowing that our 24/7, award-winning monitoring center will initiate a response in an average of 30 seconds or less.

Get the Guardian Edge™: More than just security; peace of mind and convenience. Call us today! We Connect What Matters!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 20, 2018

1391 Guardian Protection Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

I had a good experience with the reps from Guardian. I called and they came out right away and met with us. They walked us through what the system was, what they provided and what the costs were. Given the equipment that they were able to provide as well as the cost structure, it made sense that we get their service. The experience during installation was good as well. The guy who came out was professional and he told us what he was doing. He wasn’t there very long. He pulled all the stuff in and got us up and running. Our system has done everything we wanted to do and it's got good features like the ones for the smartphone.

However, there are a couple of things that I was hoping that they were able to do. It has a Geo-fence feature so it lets us know once we get a certain distance away from the house if the alarm is not armed. So, my hope was that I’d be able to get a reminder like when I’m driving home like, “Hey, don’t forget your alarm is armed.” Still, the system's good overall and really easy to use. I would definitely tell anyone interested to consider Guardian.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs! It's great to hear you are enjoying the services, if you ever have questions regarding the geo-fence feature please give us a call!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm & Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I had Guardian in my old home. My account manager, who I was dealing with, was incredibly responsive. He worked to get me the equipment and the installation that I needed. I was building a new home and I never had any issues if I needed to add anything. He was definitely on top of it and helped me get exactly what I needed. The customer service went a long, long way as well. My sales rep went over and beyond to get our business. She was fantastic and amazing. I even have her number where I would call her for about anything. I got a call one day that somebody was coming out to do the final installation. We had scheduled that day and then I had to cancel because we weren't ready for it yet. And for some reason, it didn't get through the technician but he was heading out here. I got the voicemail and I'm trying to figure out who to call quickly. I called the rep, she handled it and got me rescheduled for the right time.

The installation was also fine. The installers came out and hard wired the home before the drywall got put in. And then they had to come back out and activate the system after the drywall. We've had a couple of minor issues where a contact fell off on one window and another one fell off or it never got put on. Regardless, when I called them, Guardian sent me the two contacts and then no other questions asked.

Also, the features of the system are great. We love the app. We love the ability to set my alarm whether I'm home or not. My only request or suggestion would be, and they may have this now, but I know that other security companies have the option to do the smart home. Having Alexa and Echo upgradeable to arm your alarm of the smart home system would be an advantage. Nevertheless, the overall functionality of the system is great. I feel secure. It's funny because it's potentially a little bit more sensitive which I like. I have a window break sensor in one of my windows in the bathroom. Not that it goes off, but I can hear the beep sometimes when the cabinet door is shoved a little harder. It breaks that sensor but there are no issues. It just took me a moment to figure out what that was.

Guardian Protection Services response

Hi Larissa, thank you for the detailed feedback regarding your experience with Guardian Protection! We actually do have a Guardian Alarm.com skill for the Amazon Echo, check it out here! https://www.amazon.com/Guardian-Protection-Services/dp/B06XRCVST2

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had a new property and Guardian Protection Services was introduced to me. I liked their service and what they offered. Then the installers worked with my schedule. I thought that the installation was going to be four hours but I had additional stuff added so it took time. I could look at my doorbell and one of the cameras from my cell phone. I know what was going on and I feel protected and safe. I’d recommend Guardian. It was a great experience.

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Guardian Protection. It sounds like you added on some great home automation services! We hope you enjoy the equipment and your system brings you peace of mind.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Guardian Protection Service was recommended by our home builder. When they came to install the garage door deal, one of the guys that installed it was a lot of help. He knew all the information about the system and he was very nice. He showed me how to use the system. He also showed me how to set it up on my phone. The smartphone's features are cool. I like that I can use the app for the garage door opener and set up the alarm. I love the system's features. They are very easy to use and set up. The system's quality seems very high-tech as well. I’ve already recommended Guardian Protection Services to a friend.

Hi Travis,

Thank you for the great feedback! Guardian Protection strives to provide top of the line technology with convenient applications. We are honored to help protect your home any time of the day.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I've used Guardian Protection Services before, stopped for a little while, and then I went back to them. The equipment was already installed in my house. We've spent a good chunk of money on it but I couldn’t afford the monthly payments, so I stopped using it back then. The first rep that I spoke with was very helpful and she took her time in explaining a lot of things to me which I did appreciate. Also, the gentleman that came out and did the install was very polite and kind. However, I had a disagreement on the location of something, so I called someone else telling them that I didn’t feel that the equipment was going to be beneficial to me because of the location of the install in regards to how my house was positioned. So, Guardian opted to change my contract or my order to provide me with an additional item for basically the same cost and then it suited that concern about that blind spot. Guardian definitely did what they needed to do to help with that.

However, although I upgraded to the fastest internet to be able to see the cameras in real time, I still have that problem with the cameras from time to time. It takes a long time to load. And I'm paying a lot of money for this equipment and I'm paying more for my internet now. Yet I have troubles sometimes even using my service because it doesn’t download in real time. We ordered pizza and my son and I had been watching this tracker if we can see the pizza guy as he's going up. We saw the driveway cam and then by the time that we switched to the front door cam to try to see him walking up, in the time that it took for him to walk from the car to the front door, it was still loading. Furthermore, the camera didn’t even load the image again until about five minutes after he left.

Nevertheless, everybody at Guardian was pretty professional and helpful during my experience. The reason why I did all the necessary reinstall or upgrades was we had a break-in and the people that have been working with us have been very compassionate about the situation. They were very helpful answering the questions or any kind of problems we've had, so I can't complain about Guardian at all except for that delay. I've had a good experience with Guardian Protection Services and I would definitely recommend them.

Guardian Protection Services response

Hi Crystal, thank you for the honest feedback regarding your experience with Guardian Protection. We are always looking to improve the equipment we offer so thank you for that. We hope the system brings you the peace of mind you deserve.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Services?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 18, 2018

The interaction I had with the rep of Guardian when I was deciding what to get was good in a way but what got installed in my house was totally different than what we spoke with the rep. I had a fight with Guardian because they didn’t install the proper things that they promised me. The rep whom I spoke to left the company and my account was given to someone else. He just sent me an email saying that if I approve it, they could go ahead and install. And I said that I was fine with it because I had something in mind, so I thought that he might have covered everything. However, he didn’t. I had everything in the email. I was not thinking that I would have to pay anything because I had all the proofs but I still had to pay something to get the things right.

But the security system is working fine. But when I tested the speakers, they tend to crack when I tried to hear in a loud volume, which I didn’t see when I signed up the speakers right at the model home. I did jack up the volume too high and it was sounding okay at that time, but at my place, I noticed a few disturbance at the back when I hear the speakers. Overall, it was not so great dealing with Guardian. But the guy who came to activate the service was very generous upon trying to give me products at a cheaper rate. But I didn’t want to break holes in my wall again.

Hello Harsh,

Thank you for the honest feedback regarding your installation with Guardian. I have looked into your account and see a technician returned on 4/21, if you are still experiencing any issues please message me here or email wecare@gpsx.net.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Guardian Protection Services did everything that they said they were going to do, so everything went smoothly. In addition, they’ve been very cooperative. Not only did they do the security work, but they also did the installation of a surround sound system and wired everything prior to having the sheetrock up. My only issue is between the brand-new TV from Best Buy and the wiring from Guardian. When I turn the television on I have to change everything right away. Meaning, I’m not getting the surround sound just by turning the TV on, which is what it should do. Every time I want to use it, I have to reset until the speakers work.

I paid to have this all done behind sheetrock so this has to be corrected now. So far, everything with the Guardian company has been fine and they’re going out of their way to help me. The guy who sold it to me keeps coming back in and ordering other items to make it work and trying different wiring as far as plugging it in. He brought me an optical wire. He tried hooking it up and did everything correctly, but it’s not doing what he said it would do. We’re going to have to find out what is defective and fix the problem, but that seems to be on the TV end at this point. In addition, I was listing a rubber bumper on a subwoofer and he exchanged the whole subwoofer. He was exceptional.

The features of Guardian's system were very good. I can open the door with an app. If someone came to visit while I'm not there, I can unlock the door. The neighbor also Guardian put in too. The guy came to explain everything to him and he seemed to be happy with it. Guardian went way above to help with everything that I needed and to satisfy my needs.

Guardian Protection Services response

Hi Milton, thank you for the great review! I'm very happy to hear the technician has gone above and beyond to help you troubleshoot the sound issues. Please let us know if you ever need additional assistance.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We've been with Guardian for the past five and a half years. We got a five-year contract with them when we bought our house. But then, we sold our house and moved into a different house which we worked with a different company. Still, we like Guardian, so we proposed the same deal that the other company was trying to offer us and Guardian was able to match it. The installers came out and they were knowledgeable people. My wife was home and according to her the installation was a great experience. Since then, everything has been good.

Hi Leo,

Thanks for moving your services with Guardian Protection! We see our customers as part of the family so we are happy to match any written competitor quote. Have a safe day!

Original review: April 16, 2018

My contract term was 36 month. Now they showing second contract for 60 months. I dont know when this nightmare with this company is over. Remember this company automatically renew your contract without any warning. Please ask them the copy of your contract. You never know they want to keep you and bill you as long as possible. I will see them in small claim court soon.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I had Guardian in a previous home I lived in. When I moved, I called, checked them out, and got my system re-set up. I have an issue with some of my sensors that don't stick. They shake off of the doors from going open and closed, then I have to re-stick them. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with everything that came with it. Also, they called me every time my alarm went off, let me know if I needed anything, and if they needed to send anybody out. I’ve been happy with my service so far. I haven’t had too many problems and the ones that I did have, they took care of them in a nice and timely manner. So I'm satisfied and enjoying their service.

Hi Tyrece,

Thank you for taking Guardian Protection with you when you moved! We are honored to help protect what matters most to you wherever you may go.

Original review: April 15, 2018

When we moved into the house in Pflugerville, there was a rep that came to our house and explained the whole Guardian Protection Services. The sales and customer service representatives at Guardian have been great and easy to contact. Kevin helped me move the service that I had at the house over in Pflugerville over to the current house with little to hardly any cost and no headaches. He helped me disable the modernizing for the old house and bringing it to the new house and it’s been wonderful working with him. We love the features in the system. We didn’t have the glass break and because we live out in the country sometimes, we get vacationers coming out there to the lake and we live close to the lake. So, we wanted some extra security and the technician explained everything, and he was very informative and convinced us to add that feature in.

We’re very pleased with how our Guardian is. The technician and everybody else has helped us out. The security equipment is sturdy. It hasn’t failed on us and it’s very easy to use. I use the smartphone features all the time and they’re very intuitive, very easy, and no hassle. We sleep easier at night now. I would like to let everybody know I’m thankful for Guardian’s service and for working with us and making us feel safer.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection a detailed review! We are so happy you decided to keep us during your move and I will make sure to pass along your accolades to Kevin!

Original review: April 15, 2018

Guardian Protection's sales team was great. They weren’t pushy and overselling their product. They met us and told us everything that was available and that they could do. They asked what we were looking for and they got the stuff that we wanted. It was great. The installer was awesome. He came in, got everything hooked up, and walked us through everything.

The quality of the equipment is good and I like the smartphone features. They're very convenient. There's only been one time where we left the house and I went on my phone to the app and armed it, and then later in the day, I went to disarm it before we got home and it said, “Disarmed already”. I'm not sure if I just hit the button or if it wasn’t responding when I did it the first time and I hit it twice, so it armed it and disarmed right away. Other than that, although I'm still trying to figure everything out, like when I want to use stuff or when I don’t, and I would have liked it if we could customize it a little bit more instead of just get what was offered, the system's features are good. I don’t really worry about anything anymore. There's a construction going on around the house too, but I'm not really worried about any of the workers doing anything.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the great customer testimonial! It's great to hear the security system is bringing you the peace of mind you deserve. Our customer care team is here 7 days a week to answer any questions you may have.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: April 14, 2018

I did a little bit of research on alarm companies in Florida. In New Jersey, I used AT&T, and while I’m not living in my residence yet, the overall experience with Guardian Protection Services has been 100% better. The rep was the best. She was on top of everything and was very accommodating, especially knowing that I live out of state and that I had a timeframe to work with. The installer was wonderful and the installation was phenomenal. So far the equipment has been wonderful and I can’t wait until I move in. I have internet that I can use to see the pictures of who is coming in and out of the house. I’ve never seen anything like the features. It's wonderful. I feel very secure because every time my friend enters or lets a contractor into my home, I’m notified immediately of entry and exit, as well as the disarming and arming of the alarm.

Hi Madelyn,

Thank you for switching to Guardian Protection in your new home! We appreciate the great feedback and look forward to helping to protect what matters most to you.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I was solicited by one of the employees and I liked what he was offering, which was the Guardian Protection Services. The interactions with the sales rep were great. During the installation, the guy was very friendly and he was on time. And my wife was able to make it to her work, and so it was good. However, an alarm wouldn’t clear and I had to call back to get it done. The rep was able to come out the very next day and we got it done. I like the ability to be able to monitor my home remotely. Every time someone approaches my door, I get an alert, letting me know, and that's awesome.

Hi Kendrick,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection a review on Consumer Affairs. It's wonderful to hear you had helpful experiences with us and that you are experiencing peace of mind.

Customer Satisfaction

Original review: April 13, 2018

I had Guardian Protection Services out at our business and I picked it up out there. Their reps were really good at what they were doing. I wasn’t here for the first installation and I had to have them come back to do another one and they showed me some features there. Overall, our experience with Guardian has been good and we're happy with them.

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection! We are honored to help protect what mattes most, and I'm glad the technician took their time to educate you on the system.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: April 12, 2018

We had a new build home and Guardian Protection was offered by the builder. It was a package and we went with it. I've talked to a couple of their reps and it has been awesome so far. Also, the features are great. A lot of the wiring was set up before we were there and they had to come back and install the thermostat and the alarm system. We've had a great experience at this point and I hope that continues.

Hi David,

Thank you for building with Guardian Protection! We appreciate your business and are so happy you are delighted with your services, that is always our goal.

Original review: April 11, 2018

We had a Guardian Protection Services security system at work and I got my first security system for my home from them, too. They were the company that the previous owners of this property had. I saw the sign and I figured if it was their system, it might be a little simpler to go with them. The sales rep was possibly the best part. He was very polite, very patient and very knowledgeable about the different services that they offer. He didn’t have to transfer me to anyone until I decided to sign up.

The installers originally thought that they might be able to activate the security system remotely, but they weren’t able to do that so they sent out a technician. He was reasonably polite and prompt. He let me know what he was gonna do first before he started to work so I was not surprised by anything. He walked me through to the sensors that he was gonna install and it was straightforward from there. It was relatively quick as well and took maybe a half hour.

This is the first system I had for my home so I’m pleasantly surprised so far. However, I was a little disappointed when I called to ask for additional sensors. They quoted me a pretty large price. And then on top of that, they suggested that it was negotiable and that would depend on how long of a commitment I would make towards their company, so I didn’t particularly like that. In the end, I decided not to go through with that. I almost felt manipulated into a commitment.

I like Guardian’s smartphone features a lot. They have more features on the website when you sign in there, but the features that they have on the phone are very convenient. I can walk out and activate the alarm from my car. Every time the door opens, I’m notified, so it’s cool. So far, the overall functionality and performance of our system have been great, although I’m still thinking about whether or not I would want to stick with this particular provider. But I like the system a lot. I live in a sketchy neighborhood so I become very conscious of when certain noises are made. But with this particular system, it’s nice to know exactly where the person is. If someone opens a door and I ask where it is, the system will say window or bedroom door. It’s very precise.

Hi William,

Thank you for selecting Guardian Protection for your security needs! We are honored to provide you with peace of mind and convenience every day.

Original review: April 11, 2018

We got a newly built home and Guardian came with the house being pre-installed. The system has everything that I'm used to. They're good features and we're good with what we have. We were using Protection 1 before which had almost the same features. There's a different panel but other than that, everything else is the same from the phone standpoint. The techs came out one time and had to fix some wires. So far everything seems to be working great. It's a good service and we feel very secure having it.

Hi Arnold,

Thank you for activating your Guardian Protection Services! We are glad to hear the system is providing you with peace of mind, that is always our goal.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: April 10, 2018

We had a security system before but we didn't get a plan for it for somebody to monitor it. We could set it and it would make a little noise if somebody was to open that door. But then after a period of time, it didn't work anymore. We moved from California to Texas and I had read some things that there was a lot of crime here, so I was really nervous about it. KB had Guardian when we built the home, and Guardian was going to put in the outlets for the cable and they do that in spring. So, we had the opportunity to talk to the rep. My husband looked into ADT and Guardian and compared them, and we went with Guardian since it was easier. They had him go to the studio to make all of the selections, which was convenient. Because I'm in a different place now, having Guardian makes a difference.

The installer was really good. He was very patient. We could see him and what he was doing, and before he left, he made sure I understood everything and went through it. He also helped me with the Real app on my phone. The first one we put on wasn't working right, and he said that's not the one that he uses. We also had a little bit of a hiccup about the payment but the reps told me they weren't gonna take it for a certain period of time. We closed on the 12th and we didn't move in here 'till the 27th, but we had Guardian come and turn this thing on the 13th. I wanted to do an automatic payment, but I didn't want to change my address with my charge card yet because I had other things that I was doing and I didn't want to mix it up. They went ahead and charged which turned out to be okay. They were really nice about it. They also told me not to worry about it if something happened and it came back.

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for choosing to activate Guardian Protection at your new home in Texas! We are honored to provide you with peace of mind and are happy to help anytime you may need us.

Original review: April 9, 2018

We have had Guardian for quite a few years now and I like their service. They are prompt and responsive if I need it. I also love the smartphone features and it makes my life easier.

Hi Ruchi,

Thank you for being a loyal Guardian Protection customer! I'm so glad to hear the system and smart home features are bringing convenience to your everyday life.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Guardian Protection Services was the first home security system that we used. We went with them because they’re the only ones who could hardwire the system in the house at the same time we were building it so we didn’t have a choice. If I had to go with anybody else, it would have to be wireless. The sales guy gave us good ideas like where to put stuff and things. He helped us out a lot for us understand how to use the products and what is best to put where.

I use the smartphone features which came in handy for me. The quality of the equipment and the system's features are good. I like them except for the keypad. They said that they were gonna have a new one released sometime in a couple of months -- the digital one that you can use like a touchscreen. We had a little problem with trying to communicate to try to upgrade the keypad. It was hard to get in touch with the location we needed to talk to. But overall, having Guardian Protection Services in our home definitely makes us feel safer when we go to bed.

Hi Zahir,

Thank you for the detailed review of your experience with Guardian Protection. We are proud to supply you with security solutions that bring convenience to your everyday life. I have looked into your account and see that you were credited for the difference in the keypads, if you have any further questions please let me know!

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have been a happy Guardian customer for years until now. I was interested in a video doorbell added to my Guardian services. After 2 requests, before they called me back, they told me I had to "upgrade" my present system - which was crap. I had just upgraded a year or two ago due to a storm. Tech arrived but couldn't install doorbell video but yet he "upgraded" my system. I was told no charge and he gave me a receipt to show it. Then, several weeks later, I received a $99.00 bill for the "upgraded" system. I called and ended up with a $99.00 bill and no video or new doorbell! Just another bill!!! Don't call Guardian for extra services! I have emailed, called and spoke to Supervisor to no avail. Can't wait till my contract expires so I can get rid of this "not customer oriented" company.

Guardian Protection Services response

Hi Dawnelle, our Customer Loyalty team has been attempting to reach you to discuss this, please give us a call back at 1-888-895-4805 at your convenience.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 8, 2018

We've been with Guardian Protection since February. Our interaction with their sales reps was good. The installation was also good. The smartphone features are good too, but the ringing's a little loud when you're going in and out. But the system has given me a better sense of security. Like when I'm home by myself, I can at least hear if somebody is trying to come in. However, the pricing is now off since it's a lot higher. And we might end up canceling because it's coming out to be more than what we were quoted.

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection and for your valuable feedback! I have located your account and will have a customer loyalty specialist reach out to see how we can help with the billing. We want to make sure you are 100% delighted with your services!

Original review: April 8, 2018

The interactions with Guardian's reps were smooth and clear. They were very informative and answered my questions clearly. Moreover, they walked me through the whole plan about the contract, the timeline, and the features. The installation went smoothly. The installers knew exactly what they were doing and they also walked me through the steps, the different features and how I can use all of the controls. The features were up to what I'm paying for. However, the connection between the smartphone app and the device itself takes a couple of minutes to connect. Nonetheless, I’ll be using that feature quite a lot every day and we have complete satisfaction in it. I'd tell friends to go for Guardian Protection Services.

Guardian Protection Services response

Hi Rahul, thank you for the valuable feedback on your experience with Guardian Protection. I'm glad everything was explained in full to you and we look forward to providing you with peace of mind.

Original review: April 7, 2018

We've had Guardian Protection Services for three years or so before we moved into the Leander home. We just transferred from one service address to the next. The brand-new townhome that we bought was prewired by another company. We just moved up from the Houston area and we didn’t have any other entity in mind. I didn’t even remember having a contract running from the first installation in Cedar Park. I thought it was just a month-to-month thing and when that came to light, we just went ahead and stayed with Guardian. They came in here and we added two glass breakage sensors. They also put in two keypads. The features are good.

We used to have a motion sensor before but we never really used it because we have Dachshunds and once they get in, they trip the alarm. The smartphone features are good. I’m a dinosaur and I should have already run my course, but I have to learn and adapt to the current technology. I use it mostly to arm and disarm the system. I feel confident that my house is secure. Most burglars in a lower income level are just petty thieves looking for a crack. They’ll pass on a house that they believe is protected in any way and try to find the one that’s not.

Hi Rod,

Thank you for electing to stay with Guardian Protection during your move! We are so happy to help protect your home wherever your family may move. I'm also glad to hear you are finding the phone app user-friendly and convenient.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I just bought the house and my loan officer said that Guardian Protection Services was a good company. I tried to make it very simple for myself and my husband, so I just went through them. I spoke with somebody from Guardian yesterday. I paid my bill and he explained to me that the bill was a little bit higher this month, which I didn’t even notice. He also told me that next month it will be different. The system is working well for us. I was thinking of getting cameras, but it was a little bit on the expensive side, so we’re gonna wait since we only just got the system. We have two panels in the house. I set the alarm at night and I take it off in the morning.

I need to know how the system is monitored, how would they know if someone broke in, how would they know if I’m not home. Although, I have questions for Guardian, everything has been working out fine. I have a young daughter and I definitely feel 100% more secure at night when I go to bed because I know that if a window or door is opened, the alarm will sound. I would recommend Guardian Protection Services.

Hi Darna,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs! Guardian monitors your security system 24/7 whenever it is armed. If the alarm goes off we will follow your normal contact procedures, to learn more about your contact preferences or to edit your contact/emergency list please give us a call at 1-888-895-4805, thank you!

Original review: April 6, 2018

Guardian Protection Services had an association with my builder and was recommended. I had an in-home consultation while I was building the home and Guardian walked me through my options. They did the wiring and the security. The customer service rep handled the situation very well. They were knowledgeable and they gave me all the options. The installer set everything up for me, talked me through what I needed to do, and tested everything for me, so that went very well also. The technician was very knowledgeable and professional.

I'm happy with the features in my system and I’m pleased with the quality of the equipment. I use the smartphone features and the app works for my needs. The overall functionality and performance of the system work really well. I accidentally set off the alarm myself one day and they called me right away so I know the response time is extremely prompt.

Hi Doug,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review for Guardian Protection! It's great to hear you are taking advantage of the smart phone app, it's a great tool to keep control of your home security while on the go.

Original review: April 6, 2018

We moved to a new house and I wanted to secure the home. My aunt has had Guardian for a long time, and we went with it too. Their customer service was good and the installation was great. The installer was really friendly and he was good at his job. Everything's great with our system and I love the smartphone features. I work days but sometimes I work straight shifts, and my wife’s here alone, and I like to be able to look at the camera. I like it a lot and it makes me feel a lot better. I’m super happy with everything.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for reviewing your customer experience with Guardian Protection. It's wonderful to hear the system is providing your family with peace of mind, that is always our goal!

Original review: April 5, 2018

There was a security system in the house that I purchased but I never used it. Instead, I went with Guardian Protection Services. I signed up mainly for the fire and for the carbon monoxide. When I called them up, they set up an appointment to have a representative come out. His name was Scott and he was the greatest. He was super nice and very friendly. Then, another guy came out and did the installation. The existing system in the house ran off a landline and Guardian doesn't run off that so the other guy put in new equipment. He was awesome, very thorough, and very knowledgeable of their products. That part of my experience was very easy and both guys were able to answer any question I might have.

Their team inside has been pretty good for the most part, too, and so far, the equipment and the app works well. The monitor, which is kind of like an iPad, also works well. But there's something wrong with the actual system on the doors in the house. The sensors there are not matching up properly or not communicating with one another. Also, they put one of the same sensor on the doors and another one on the wall right next to them. Those doors tend to lose their shape a little bit in the wintertime and the cold months. And when that happens, they push out away from the wall a little bit.

That happens to three of my four doors and when those doors are broken like that, they set the alarm off. Right now, the sensors on my three doors are not active and it's not like having a system at all. But there are motion detectors in the house as well, so, if intruders get into the front door, they're not going to make it far. I called Guardian about it and they're supposed to be coming out on Friday to take care of that. Based on my schedule, their response was as quick as can be done. I also understand that it's a new system for Guardian, so, there are some glitches that might need to be figured out potentially.

The reason I have the system is because I travel and if I would go away, I'd get off the plane and have these updates if my alarm was going off. One time, UPS knocked on the front door and the alarm went off because the sensor was still sensitive. That happened four days in a row and they did their best and all they could do when I called in. All in all, I would recommend Guardian to my friends based on the sales and the installation. But I would caution them that there are still some glitches in their product.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the detailed review of your services with Guardian Protection. I have looked into your account and see you are scheduled for a service visit tomorrow, please let us know how it goes and if you need anything else.

Original review: April 5, 2018

We used a different home security system in a different house and Guardian Protection Services is doing good so far compared to the previous one. The old system had issues because we were out in the country and we had a hard time connecting because of their cell tower. But our interaction with the Guardian sales representative was good. He explained everything and worked with us and showed us how to operate it. He did his job. I like the app on my phone. It’s very simple and awesome.

Hi Gail,

Thank you for switching to Guardian Protection Services! We are proud to have you as a part of the family and I'm so happy to hear you are enjoying the services.

Guardian Protection Services expert review by Erin Raub

Guardian Protection Services, founded in 1950, is available in select areas of the United States. Guardian Protection offers security, fire and medical monitoring services as well as home automation services.

• Flexible packages: With multiple packages and more than a dozen add-on upgrades, Guardian Protection Services offers some of the most customizable home security options.

• Smart Home Automation: The company's home automation controls Z-Wave powered thermostats, lights, locks and garage doors from an Internet-connected smartphone.

• Best Price Guarantee: Guardian Protection Services’ Best Price Guarantee says the company will match any written or web-based quote for comparable home security system installation.

• Monitoring: Guardian Protection Services never subcontracts its monitoring service, and their central station responds to signals in an average of 30 seconds or less.

• Relocation guarantee: Consumers who have had Guardian for at least one year are covered by the company’s Relocation Guarantee and will receive a free basic system at their new home and a 25 percent discount on upgrades. Interested consumers should contact Guardian for details and restrictions.

• Best for: Homeowners, renters, tech-savvy shoppers and hands-off consumers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Guardian Protection Services Company Information