Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.27/5

Guardian Protection offers traditional home security technology and smart home features, including automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. You can access these services from the Guardian app anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens, Guardian’s 24/7 professional monitoring center initiates responses for you.

BOTTOM LINE

Guardian Protection offers customized plans for single residents, families, travelers, pet owners and others. It requires an upfront fee starting at $149 and a monthly fee starting at $45.99, with installation included.

PROS

• Installation included
  • Customizable plans
  • Smart home features

CONS

• Not available nationwide
  • Early cancellation fee

Top Guardian Protection Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Every time I've called Guardian, they've been very good. ... I've never had a system that was monitored like this. My smoke detector, CO2 detector, if I take it off the wall, it shows a tamper. I never knew any of that stuff. I go, “Wow.” … It's a whole new learning experience.

I'm not gadget-fancy and it does what I need it to do... When I have interactions with their team, it's great but it is very seldom because their equipment never fails. ... Now I feel comfortable because my garage is alarmed. If somebody went in my garage, it would alert me right away.

Guardian Protection Get a Quote

Guardian Protection plans

Guardian Protection customizes smart home security packages based on your needs. It puts together packages based on common living situations, including:

• Bachelor(ette) Pad, built for single residents with limited needs
  • Burglar Buster, built for those concerned about recent break-ins in the area
  • Family First, built for families; allows parents to check in on their children
  • Frequent Flyer, built for those who travel often
  • Healthy (Green) Home, built for those who want an environmentally friendly home
  • Home Security Essentials, built for those who want an effective solution without extra technology
  • Pet Parent, built for pet owners who want to check in on their pets
  • Protect My Parents, built for caretakers of older residents; includes medical monitoring
  • The Works, built for those who want a thorough solution, including home security equipment and full home automation

All Guardian Protection packages include 24/7 monitoring, professional installation and app access. The most basic package from Guardian Protection includes an IQ2 touch-screen panel and home automation. It also comes with PowerG wireless intrusion technology for more secure encryption, longer range and better battery life.

Guardian Protection products

Guardian Protection offers automation, life safety and security equipment that work together with 24/7 monitoring to provide home protection. Popular equipment from Guardian Protection includes:

• Motion sensor systems
  • Glass break detectors
  • Video doorbells
  • Indoor and outdoor cameras
  • Smart garage door openers
  • Smart door locks
  • Door and window sensors

Guardian Protection installation

Guardian Protection security systems must be professionally installed. However, the company includes the installation fee in all home security packages. Guardian Protection’s technicians test your system to make sure it works properly. These installers also evaluate your property for weak security spots or areas of concern.

Guardian Protection cost

Guardian Protection’s prices vary depending on the package you choose, but its base package starts at $45.99 per month over 60 months and requires an upfront $149 for equipment.

Additionally, the company does charge certain fees, including:

• A paper statement fee of $2 per month (avoidable with setup of automatic payment)
  • A guard service fee if your municipality requires a third-party guard service
  • A service copay of $50 for service calls
  • Any time, material and non-warranty repair fees if you need a repair

Guardian Protection FAQ

Is Guardian Protection available in my state?
Guardian Protection services are available in:
  • Austin, Texas
  • San Antonio
  • Tampa Bay area
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Youngstown, Ohio
What do reviews say about Guardian Protection?
Guardian Protection reviews mention Guardian’s helpful customer service, quick response times and easy-to-use equipment.
How do you cancel Guardian Protection services?
Contact Guardian Protection directly if you wish to cancel a Guardian Protection service contract, but be aware the company charges an early termination fee on most plans.
Who owns Guardian Protection services?
Guardian Protection’s parent company is Armstrong Group, which is based in Butler, Pennsylvania.

Do we recommend Guardian Protection?

Guardian Protection offers a variety of home security packages that can be customized to your home, needs and lifestyle. The company includes professional installation services with its packages, and its line of products includes smart home connectivity. Guardian Protection’s service area is limited to select parts of the U.S., however.

Guardian Protection Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I've been with Guardian for several years now. They've done very well. Whenever I have a problem, I can get ahold of somebody fairly easily. They don't have a very automated system, so when you call them, you can get ahold of an actual person. The only thing that I ever had a gripe about really is scheduling service, trying to get somebody to come to the house. Sometimes, it's a couple of weeks out. Other than that, everything has been fine.

Whenever I have an alarm, they're on top of it. They’re always there when I need them. Their response time is excellent. When I have an alarm, they call me within 10 seconds. That's the most important thing to me. They also don't bother me with unwanted things or try to push extra things on me randomly, like with calls. If I had any type of suggestion, it might be a little bit more awareness with the product, possibly having an ability to update this system after a period of years. I recommended them to my brother, who lives in the area. He ended up going with them as well.

Hi George,
Thank you for being a long-time Guardian customer. We are honored to be your security partner and equally so to be the security systems company that you recommended to your brother. I am happy to hear that you have found Guardian to deliver to your satisfaction - especially in the all-important function of rapid response to your alarm system's signals. Our 24-hour monitoring center never sleeps so that you can have the peace of mind that you deserve. I do appreciate your patience with us in the area of scheduling service. We have experienced some backlog due to the pandemic. As a matter of routine, we generally offer low cost upgrades to our customers' systems in return for an extension of the term of the monitoring agreement. You may want to check with our customer care team about this. They work extended hours and are here Sunday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST and can be reached by calling 1-800-PROTECT (800-776-8328). Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection and for taking the time to provide us insightful and helpful comments. It is greatly appreciated.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Every time I've called Guardian, they've been very good. I had to deal with my one alarm here for my smoke detector and we resolved that. I've never had a system that was monitored like this. My smoke detector, CO2 detector, if I take it off the wall, it shows a tamper. I never knew any of that stuff. I go, “Wow.” It goes to my smartphone. It's a whole new learning experience.

The installer was very good. He set it up. We had to do some troubleshooting because I was supposed to get a Ring and a doorbell. It’s their camera system for the doorbell. But we found out I didn't have a very good internet connection, so I knew I had to change that. When I got it changed and I called them, they came out, no problem and hooked it up for me. I can't complain at all about Guardian.

I like the way their setup is. It transmits in two different ways. It transmits by landline and cellular, so that if my phone line is cut, I still got cellular backup. In the old days before cellular, you only had landline. They've been very attentive whenever I call them on customer service. Also, when I've called them, I like that they're consistently asking me for my ID. Like, “What's your password?” to make sure you are the person calling in is who you really are.

They've also answered my questions. That's how I found out how this alarm worked. I wasn't too worried about burglar as long as I'm here, but I was worried about the fire department responding.‘Cause where I live, if you get an alarm and the fire department gets an alarm, and even though you call in with a passcode, the fire department still sends a rig to verify. I found out that when it's a low battery alarm, they will just send a text message or they’ll call the house. So, they make contact to let you know we had a problem. They don't automatically send the fire department, which I liked because it's not an act of fire alarm.

Hi Jon,
    Thank you so very much for taking the time to rate us. I am glad to see that your experience with Guardian Protection has been a five-star experience. We will continue to strive to bring you the best in 24-hour monitored smart home security. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection.
    Amy,

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Our home builder offered a really good package. When I looked at what Guardian had to offer, it was all smart stuff and it was a better buy. I looked them up on the web and there was never a better deal. There were no issues during the installation except that a couple of products were probably delayed due to the COVID thing. But the people were there within five days with it. I'm also fine with the wait time. We've been waiting on our stove for our house since May, so five days sounded just about perfect. Everybody was pleasant and very knowledgeable too.

Everything is fine. But I'm kinda new to the smart stuff. We did a smart stuff in our house. It's taken a little bit of time. My wife didn't like the technical stuff but she's getting used to it now. We like the idea that we can use our smartphones to interact with the system. We're enjoying it. It's safe and that's the main thing. One thing that I noticed though is I don't think we can adjust the camera at the door on the doorbell. It kind of takes a picture of the front wall going to the front door. At night, it says there's motion or something like that. But all we could see is the wall. Other than that, no issues at all.

Hi Marvin,
    It is a pleasure to be partnered with your builder and to bring you an outstanding value as a result, on your Guardian Protection smart home security system. I am glad to hear that your installation went well and I want to thank you for your patience regarding the slight delay on some of your components. Trust that we will be there when you need us most. Our 24-hour Five Diamond monitoring center never sleeps so you can rest securely and have peace of mind. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

When I looked into Guardian, I saw that they were hooked up with Alarm.com so I thought we would go with them. I thought I might as well keep it then I can have it on the same mobile app. We have used a local home security system where we moved from and we have a similar system that uses Alarm.com out in Arizona. They're monitored by Alarm.com as far as the mobile app goes. We have some features on our Guardian that we don't have out there but they're similar in nature. The salesperson was very good and so was the installer. He was there for a couple hours, did what he was supposed to do, then we reviewed it for about 15, 20 minutes. We had a lot going on that day with furniture moving in so it was nice that he did his thing, wrapped it up and we were done. Everything is working out well with Guardian.

Hi Mark,
    How great that you had already had experienced the benefits of a security system powered by Alarm.com. As their partner Guardian Protection is happy to bring you the finest in technology and even a few additional features, as you mentioned. I am happy to hear that you found our professional sales consultant and technician to be outstandingly responsive and helpful. Guardian is big enough to deliver the finest in high tech security and still small enough to care about your needs. We will strive to continue to deliver to your expectations in all ways -- from customer care to award-winning monitoring. Life is better when it's safe! Thank you for choosing Guardian.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

All my life I've had ADT but because they had Guardian in this home and it was already outfitted with the Guardian pad and the tools on the windows, I figured that might be the most seamless direction. From what I read, Guardian seems to be a good company so I decided to use them. The installation was pretty easy. The guy was here a while. He checked everything and put a new pad up, and it all seemed to be working pretty smoothly. He was really respectful and great while in my home so I don't have any complaints about it.

The only thing was the amount of time it took to get an appointment for somebody to come out. The woman that I made the appointment with had warned me that it could take a while but probably about an hour after she and I got off the phone, someone from the company called me. I missed the call and he left a message. I had to call back that day in order to have an earlier appointment made and I completely missed the window so I was a little frustrated by that. But other than that, it was okay. So far, so good.

Hi Frankie,
    Thank you for taking the time to review Guardian Protection. It is an honor to be chosen as your security provider, especially considering that you formerly had ADT. Our professional technicians undergo rigorous training so that they can provide you with the best possible installation and service experience. My apologies that you experienced some delay in getting on the schedule. I am glad that we were able to finally come to your home and get everything up and running for you. Wishing you all the best as you enjoy the peace of mind that comes with your Guardian Protection smart home security system. Life is better when it's safe.
    Thank you for choosing Guardian.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: March 5, 2021

I contacted them about upgrading and monitoring my existing security system that was installed by one of their local dealers 12 years ago. I no longer want to work with that local dealer and was looking for them to help me find a new local dealer or for them to setup installation and service. They refused saying that my address/account was "owned" by the previous dealer and that they could not help me unless I went through that dealer. BEWARE! If you sign a contract with them, you may be signing it for life. It's very disappointing and seems like a terrible policy, forcing consumers to work with someone they do not feel comfortable with or finding another alternative. I will be looking elsewhere for my security system needs.

Hi Jennifer,
    I am sorry for the difficulty. I have researched your account and there appears to have been some confusion in the initial phone conversation that was held with you earlier today. Yes, we are able to, and would be happy to, assist you with your security needs. I have escalated this issue to our supervisor and you will be hearing from us within 24 to 48 hours. We will contact you at the phone number we have from your old account, however if that has changed kindly email me at wecare@guardianprotection.com.
    Sincerely,

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Hi, In short Guardian Protection Services uses unethical tactics and is completely towards the most advantageous for their profit possible. I would highly recommend vetting them out against any other provider of this service in the following areas.

1. Contract - length of contract and how contract terms are communicated

2. Relocation policies

3. Early termination policies and renewal policies

4. Overall Costs

If you would like to know why I bring these points out please continue to read. First, the contract. I’m in a sales position and do B2B sales so I’m accustomed to contracts. Dates in the contracts are clearly seen and completely communicated. Guardian has several checkboxes for a consumer to accept - like I certify I will be home during installation, I’m the homeowner, and other non-contract like language - but then has a box for this is a 60-month term. That may be fine if you are okay with 60 months but if you are not they will still slide this paperwork in and that is deceitful. Second, relocation services - if you relocate to an area or home/apartment that can not take the services and you still have time on your contract. You will have to pay the rest of the contract out - plus early termination penalties.

Third, early termination penalties/renewal. I find these appalling and they do differ per State - as Guardian Protection Services will use to the full their advantage at a per State level. First ETP (Early Termination Penalties). So in a 60-month contract at month 58 I call and want to cancel - I’m willing to pay the $90 for the two months and walk away. No, that does not work their early termination penalties we’re over $1000.00! Next, renewal - in some States it can auto-renew for 12 months or more, and some it auto-renews for 30 days - check your State. This means you have to call in exactly 30 days before your contract expires.

Fourth, final on my list is costs. A 4G LTE connection - the type that Guardian gets costs under $5/Month. The hardware that Guardian Protection Services installs is likewise very inexpensive (and I might add we had a very bad install - the motherboard - battery, etc. is just hanging not fastened to anything). All of that is $45/Month for a base security system - two keypads - three doors - two glass breaks - smoke detectors - carbon monoxide detector - that’s it. I have 12 windows on the lower levels that have nothing. In calling in to cancel they said they could take off $5/Month. Check them out on Glassdoor as well - how do their employees like what they do and the company they work for? Stay away from this company if you can - they don’t care about you - why should you care about doing business with them?

Hi David,
    I am sorry for your frustration. We take your concerns seriously because customer satisfaction is very important to Guardian. Because Guardian makes a significant upfront investment when new electronic security hardware is professionally installed and activated in your property, the costs of such hardware are recouped by the provider over the initial contract period. This is the reason an early termination fee may apply if you wish to cancel prior to the end of the initial contract period. The contract, which complies with the laws of each state, also serves to protect both the consumer and the provider, by defining services to be provided, rates, terms, and obligations of each party. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-PROTECT (1-800-776-8328) and we will be glad to answer any additional questions that you may have.

Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Do not use this company! I have 8 months remaining my agreement but to cancel early they want to charge me more than twice I’d pay for the remainder of the agreement. Ridiculous! I will be canceling in July and will encourage anyone that will list not to do business with them.

Hi Bernard,
    I am sorry for your frustration. I have located your account and have escalated this issue to our customer care supervisor. Please expect a callback within 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Guardian Protection had originally installed the alarm system in this house and they were able to pick it up and go. They didn't have to drill any holes or add any extra equipment so it was easy. My biggest objection is that they're expensive. But other than that, the customer service has been real good when I called them. We had a smoke alarm go off and couldn't get it to shut off from the kitchen. They helped us do that. Also, the features of the syste are okay for what we need it. If somebody breaks down a back door, the alarm will go off and there's a motion detector in the house.

Hi David,
    Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your opinion is important and helpful. I am happy to know that our technical care and 24-hour monitoring teams have been super helpful to you in providing assistance. Trust that we will be there when you need us. Our 24-nour monitoring center never sleeps so you can. Here's to peace of mind! Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

When we moved into the condo, Guardian was the company who was doing the new condos that were being built so we decided to go with them. It was great with their rep during our initial contact. He asked questions, we told him what we were looking for, and he told us what was available. And they're very good about responding. If I have any problems, I call them and if they're not available, they get back to me. If not, I call back and they respond right away.

Hi Sandra,
    I see that you reviewed Guardian Protection on October 12. I am just now receiving your review from the people at the Consumer Affairs website. I want to thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us. Our sales, care, monitoring, and technical teams love what they do and it is very rewarding to hear that you find them to be highly responsive. Trust that we are always here for you. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. Life is better when it's safe!

Guardian Protection Company Information