Call toll free
4.42/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection Services provides years of experience in innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses. Guardian provides the Edge™ in high-tech, reliable options. Some services include traditional security technology including intrusion and fire detection, indoor and outdoor video security, and smart home features like automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. These services can be accessed from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens you can feel comfortable knowing that our 24/7, award-winning monitoring center will initiate a response in an average of 30 seconds or less.

Get the Guardian Edge™: More than just security; peace of mind and convenience. Call us today! We Connect What Matters!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1799 Guardian Protection Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

The Guardian Protection Services sales rep was great. We enjoyed talking to him and he was very knowledgeable about what he was doing. The installer was great, too. He seemed to be very thorough and after he got everything up, he explained everything to us. We didn’t have any problems at all and we're happy with the system itself. I use the app and it's fine with me just the way it is.

Hello Linda,

Thank you for leaving a helpful review regarding your experience with Guardian Protection. I'm glad to hear the tech made sure you were comfortable using the system and you are enjoying the services!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

We’ve been with Guardian for six years now, ever since we moved into the home, and I have better communication with these guys than a lot of the companies that serve me. So I thank them for that. All of my interactions have also been very good and professional. Paul is even here today and he's done a wonderful job. He’s also educated me very well on taking care of the prior issues. So it’s all good. My experience with Guardian has been wonderful. Plus the price is affordable. The service is worth the cost.

Hello Gina,

Thank you so much for sharing a detailed and helpful review of your Guardian Experience. Our goal is to provide you with affordable security solutions and peace of mind every day. I'm glad to hear you are seeing the value in the services and we appreciate your business.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I would NEVER use this company again. From the Sales Department that sells you what you think you're getting to the horrible customer service and hours and days, now weeks and months trying to resolve my issues. I have resorted to telling my story so others will go elsewhere before making the mistake we made. Ron, The first installer said he had 20 years in the business.

After 5 hours and holding me hostage in my home, not allowing me to leave, as we where in the middle of a move. "I will only be an hour". 5 hours later. I was still dealing with the idiot. I finally asked him to leave and I was not happy as my hall light was no longer working, due to poor installation. He opened holes in walls and left them, I was in disbelief, so I called my partner after Ron left and then called the rep Marcela ** that sold the system, never got a call back and after days of trying to get her on the phone, went above her head, and kept climbing the ladder. 6 people in I was finally sent to the insurance company CHUBB by their customer service department. Easy way to get me off their back. Thinking I would get somewhere, it's all a scam.

No one ever came out to the property to see the damages. I sent photos and lots of them. Only to be told "We don't see any damage. One installer tilted my leather swivel chair over on its side to get to a plug and bent the frame. $4,000.00 chair now broken and leans to one side. Half a day to clean up the mess left and days on the phone trying to get compensation for the broken light and chair. NOTHING! The worst part was, we did our homework and went with the number one rated company. Ordered the system. It arrived and when we saw the home was wired already we decided, "oh, it's probably easier to just hook up the system here already" WRONG ON EVERY LEVEL! DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE WE MADE... GO ANYWHERE BUT GUARDIAN!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I had ADT before but Guardian Protection gave me a better rate. It saved me $15 a month, so I switched. The installation went great. They went over the system, they labeled things and they went over everything with us. We like the features of the system. I use it for the Nest on my front door. It was nice to know that Guardian has that option available that I wouldn’t have even thought to ask when they were here before. The quality of the system is awesome and it's totally worth it.

Hello Kim,

Thank you for sharing 5 star feedback on your customer experience! I'm glad to hear you are seeing the value in the security services and peace of mind the professionally monitored system brings.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I live in a condo and majority of the neighbors have the same company. The previous owner of the unit also had the same company so going with Guardian was easier. We just called them. The installation was also very quick and efficient. The supervisor came in and did a walk-around on all the windows and doors. He made sure that everything worked and that I understood how the system operated. It was good. You can even use the app on your mobile devices. It's great. You don't have to worry about the system. Wherever you're at, you can activate or deactivate the system. I like that feature very much.

I've been using Guardian for at least three years now and we're happy with the system. We've had no problems with it except once but it was because one of the batteries had to be replaced. They themselves detected it and offered to come and replace it free of charge. Then once they notice the electrical power going down, they will call and notify me. So they're very professional. Guardian is doing the job.

Hello Victor,

Thank you for sharing a stellar review of your experience with Guardian Protection. We are proud to be your home security provider and bring you peace of mind every day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Services?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Great installation service. The installer was knowledgeable, friendly and explained really well. He was the same technician who initially installed our alarm system. Hopefully we’ll get him again when we install outdoor cameras.

Hello Miriam,

Thank you for reviewing your installation service. Guardian Protection is proud to be your home security company and we look forward to adding on devices and peace of mind!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

My friend had Guardian and he told me how good it was. Plus Guardian had the cameras so I decided to switch. The reps I worked with were professional and helpful. Then the technicians who installed the home security system were good too. They knew what they were doing. I like Guardian because I get to see the front camera and then the camera in the inside.

Hi Danny,

Thank you for leaving 5 star feedback for Guardian Protection! It's wonderful to hear you were referred to us from a trusted friend. Guardian will work hard around the clock to help protect what matters most to you.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Guardian installation of my security system was very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. Very satisfied with the service overall. The technician, Gary great! He installed a comprehensive security package and explained every aspect of the system. The phone app is easy to use.

Hello Sherri,

Thank you for reviewing your recent installation with Guardian Protection! I'm thrilled to hear you are enjoying the new system and we look forward to providing you with the peace of mind you deserve.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Getting a home security system with Guardian would be worth it. The team who came to do the installation was great. They added the extra pieces we wanted like the motion sensors and the window breaks. There were no worries and there was no hassle. It was perfect. We were able to build exactly what we needed and so far, it has also been fantastic dealing with their representatives. They call to check in and see how things are going. They also recommend that we test the system every once in a while and we've had no issues. Then whenever we leave, we use the smartphone to arm and disarm the system. So that works fine as well.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for being part of the Guardian Protection family! We love seeing 5 star feedback and we will be here to help when you need us the most.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Guardian's reps came to my door and we talked about their system. They were able to use my existing equipment so I decided to go with them. Additionally, they put in a new keypad and a doorbell camera. The features they have are were adequate and their equipment has been doing fine. I like how I can use the system from my phone. That way, I don’t have to run through the house. While I believe Guardian is a little pricey at 40 bucks a month, nobody's perfect and I feel that my wife has felt better knowing that we have their system.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a helpful review on your customer experience. Guardian Protection is honored to be your home security provider and it's great to hear you are taking advantage of the smart home features.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We have the basic alarm and everything's good. The system tells me when it is alarmed and when it's unalarmed. It also lets us know when the backdoor is open or the beeping sounds will keep going on. So we haven't had any problems. It still alerts us every time we put in the code. Guardian also called me last year to see how everything was going. They are very helpful and if we have any other questions, they answer them. They are also on time in getting back with us and if we're behind on a bill, I really haven't had any trouble of late fees. I would recommend it.

Hi Joanna,

Thank you for sharing a helpful review of your customer experience! Guardian Protection is all about peace of mind and we love hearing from our customers that they're satisfied. We are here to help protect what matters most to you in the San Antonio, Texas region.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

We moved and I had the service moved to my new house. When we were in our old house the service was $10 cheaper than what we are paying now. I called on Monday to talk about canceling the service because of financial difficulties. I was told someone would call me back either later Monday or at least by Tuesday. Wednesday rolls around and still no callback. I called Guardian again and finally reached someone. I was told regardless of not having the money to pay for their service and buy groceries I could NOT cancel their service. I would have to buy my contract out.

The lady offered me the service for $10 less but I would be under a NEW 3-year contract! The point of ending service is to have enough money at the end of the month to buy food. But the company doesn't care. It is all about getting their money. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AND THEIR 3 YEAR CONTRACTS. THEY WILL SUCK YOU DRY!! I would give them zero stars but it wasn't allowed.

Hello Susan,

I'm sorry to hear about your financial issues. I attempted to locate your account with Guardian Protection Services however I could not locate an account in our system under your address. We do not typically monitor customers in Oklahoma, are you sure you have Guardian Protection Services based out of Warrendale, Pennsylvania and not Guardian Security in Oklahoma? Please check your paperwork.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had moved into a house with a Guardian system in it. That was about 17 years ago. The interaction with the rep from Guardian has been very good. My two most recent episodes had been when I moved into the house that I'm in now. It was being built. A sales rep actually came out. We discussed various options. It was all good information, and he was very helpful.

I had another discussion about a month or so ago with an in-office inside sales person. Having read my contract and if it started if I did nothing, the contract would roll over for another five years which is way too long for anything to roll over. But the rep was very helpful in, first of all, agreeing that we would go on a month to month basis when this contract terminated. But we both agreed that probably around April or May of this year, we would discuss various other renewal options for the security system in the house and different products that are now available through Guardian. So it's all very good.

Also, the overall features were great. But one caveat about them is that I just have a very basic, barebones system here. That's really all that I feel that I need, although I am open to further discussion when I talk to the sales folks in April or May. Also, I don’t like the pricing on the system. It's $45 a month, and when I balked at that, almost five years ago when the house was being constructed, I was told that that monthly premium or fee embraced the fact that they were installing a system in the house, and they wanted to amortize it over five years.

I get that, but I came from a home where the billing was about $27 a month because the system had been installed a long time ago and I was on a month to month. The pricing is a bit high, for what other competitors are offering. And when I spoke to the salesperson, I told him that we need to talk about that and we need to see what's available going forward.

And another critique was the system alarm went off one time. I was away and about 650 miles from home. For whatever reason, Guardian called the police before they called me. That was just unacceptable because I had to pay the police for a false alarm. It was at that point that the Guardian rep told me that sometimes, these systems will go off if a fly or a spider is on or moves across the motion detector.

I never knew that and it has concerned me every time I leave this house and I put the motion detector on. So that's a technical issue that we need to talk about going forward because I don’t want false alarms especially if I'm out of state. I don’t want to pay the police to come out here and look at a house that's got a false alarm going on. Even so, any time that I've needed Guardian, they have been available for consultation. They are also very easy to deal with.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for sharing detailed feedback on your customer experience. It's great to hear you have been a member of the Guardian Protection family for so long and we appreciate your business. Please message us here or call 1-800-PROTECT with any additional system questions.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

We got a new house and got Guardian Protection Services as they were the contractor for the community. We had the installation 3 years ago and the guy who came out and fixed was good. At present, Guardian is doing good, especially when making sure that it is a false alarm. They call back through the system, make sure that we are home, and confirm that it was a false alarm. That's one thing that I like with them because they have the patience to make sure it is the owner who is talking rather than someone who's trying to act like a homeowner. They're cool headed people. However, Guardian is a bit pricey compared to what I'm seeing now in the market. Their contracts are very long term which is unreasonable and not something that I would like to have. It is a five-year contract rather than one-year or something if they want to get the cost of their equipment back. Still, I would definitely recommend Guardian Protection Services.

Hello Venkata,

Thank you for sharing helpful feedback on your customer experience! Guardian Protection is dedicated to helping to protect what matters most to you and I'm glad to hear the system is brinign you peace of mind. As the price of providing award-winning security monitoring and customer service rises; we attempt to do our best with pricing and agreement options.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I'm very satisfied with Guardian. Anytime I put the alarm off accidentally, they call quickly. The features that I got right now are good. I'd like to update my service, but I can't afford it this time. I'm 81 years old, and I'm on a fixed income. Other than that, everything’s fine.

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for being a part of the Guardian family! We appreciate your feedback and business. Have a safe day with Guardian Protection Services.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My niece has Guardian Protection Services in her store. Their reps are very nice and my experience with their techs has been good. The features they offer are good too. My alarm went off the other night and I don’t know why. I checked around, but I didn’t see anything. However, it didn’t take them very long to call me.

Hello Colleen,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Guardian Protection! We are glad to hear our less than 30 second average response time on alarms is bringing your family business peace of mind.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Guardian was the one that the builder was dealing with and I didn’t have to get them but I wanted to get it pre-construction, so I went with them. They also took care of my surround sound down in my video room, my den and my man cave. So, all the wiring was one-stop. The reps from Guardian came, explained the system to me and took their time. They were very patient with that and I was very happy with everything. It was done well. I’m used to the way this panel works and I should use it more. It's a very simple but straightforward system and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to use it. I can arm the house using the smartphone feature and I did at the beginning when it was a unique novelty but now, I don’t. I just hit the buttons on the way out.

Guardian has called me and asked if I was happy with the service and if there were any other things I could get. I'm thinking of putting some motion detectors out in the backyard because it's dark in my back because it's the woods. So, they’ve offered to come out and do that for me. I would go with them because they built everything else, so it would stay consistent. However, I had a fire and Guardian didn’t pick that up. I never hit the fire button but with the smoke alarm system going off, they would have been called. The fire department came but Guardian never called me. It was probably me and lack of training but I am meaning to follow up with them.

There is no doubt in my mind that you got to have a system. My wife and I are by ourselves and there are no kids here. It's not a busy place so, I wanna make sure that everything is locked and covered. I'm a retired policeman so I don't know what bad can happen and I'm very concerned about that. Guardian is a little pricey but has good quality work. I would recommend them.

Hello Gregory,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your services with Guardian Protection! It's wonderful to hear the system is bringing you peace of mind. Please call us or go online to test your system anytime.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Our Guardian Protection system came with the house and it does what it needs to do if the alarm goes off or something bad happens. From what I understand, the install was a pleasurable experience. The tech was a nice guy who was very thorough and pretty quick. Although I had some issues with billing, which was a pain, they got it resolved. Overall, I'm relatively pleased.

Hello Rob,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to leave feedback for Guardian Protection! We are proud to be your home security provider and provide your family with peace of mind every day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Guardian was the service that was available when I was building my house. They're perfectly adequate and when I turn on the alarm, it works. However, one time, we had come home from a trip and had not disabled the alarm. But we called Guardian up. They called and we resolved the issue. It was fine.

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to leave helpful feedback on your customer experience with Guardian Protection! We appreciate your business and will be here around the clock to help protect what matters most to you.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

The Guardian home security system was installed by the builders for free. I then met with a salesperson to explain it to me. Their rep was very professional and answered all my questions. So far, the quality of the features is fine and it does what it's supposed to do. I can also activate the system from my phone without any issues. Renewing their service was easy as well. I'm pleased with Guardian.

Hi Katherin,

Thank you for being a valued Guardian Protection customer! It's great to hear you are taking advantage of the interactive services and smart phone application; it's a great tool for managing your security on the go!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

When we bought our Ryan Home, we signed with Guardian for an Alarm system to be installed. After we moved in, I set up an appointment to have the service activated. I took an entire day off of work for this appointment. The tech never showed up. I called the office to inquire and they said the tech wasn't coming because he couldn't find our house. I told them that was funny because they had already been there to install the equipment.

The man I spoke to was mean and rude as if it was my fault. I told him to please not bother rescheduling and that we would not be using this company, and I told him to cancel our account. 5 months later, out of the blue, we started getting bills. I have called 3 times to speak to customer service and I repeat the same information every single time. The account never gets closed. I absolutely refuse to pay for service that we have never had. I would rather go to court if that's where Guardian would prefer to work out our differences. No service= no money. sorry guys, but good try. Keep sending the bills and I will keep throwing them in the trash.

Good Morning Laurie,

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention on Consumer Affairs. After seeing your review I reached out to the local branch management in Charlotte to ask about the status of your account. I have been advised that we scheduled a service visit on 9/12/18 and no one was present at the home. The corporate office, sales manager of Charlotte, general manager of Charlotte and Operations managers have all called numerous times to reschedule with no success. Please contact the Charlotte branch directly to help remedy this issue.

Corporate

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I was interested in a mobile alert that goes for about 500 feet from my house. The Guardian rep was very knowledgeable and very casual. He made me see the advantages to it and he did not push anything on me. Installation of the Guardian system was very easy. Some of the house alerts that I had previously were used and that went very easily too. I've used the system one time seriously when I fell at about 2:00 AM in the morning and Guardian was able to call local people that were available with the first aid system and they were out here in no time. Also, the system has a key box installed on my back steps that is usable to anybody. If they need it, I will then give the code which opens the security box, so I don’t have any fears of anybody else walking in on me. All in all, I've been satisfied with the service.

Hello Carol,

Thank you for sharing a helpful and detailed review of your customer experience! Guardian Protection is dedicated to helping to protect what matters most and it's wonderful to hear the security system is bringing you peace of mind.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

AWFUL SCAMMING COMPANY!!! They have no problem signing you up for service but if you move and they can no longer provide you service they demand $750.00 cancellation fee regardless of the time remaining on your initial contract with them. Neither ADT or AT&T U-verse will charge a cancellation fee if you move out of their service area. Beware all of you home security seekers. Guardian is a 100% SCAMMING RIPOFF!!!

Hello Mary,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your customer experience. Guardian Protection has been a leader in the security field for over 50 years. I'm sorry to hear you are upset with the early termination fee. When signing the contract you agreed to a 60 month term as it helps us recoup or initial investments in security equipment, labor and resources. We have offered to close the account for $750 which is less than the full value of the contract. If the new owner is willing to take over the remaining months that is also an option for you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I’m very pleased with my experience with Guardian. Whenever the alarm goes off, they immediately alert authorities. Some of the other companies try to call you before they alert the authorities, but Guardian does not. In case of a fire, they call the fire department first, then they call me. That way, if it’s a false alarm, I can tell them that everything’s okay and they can cancel. Their staff is all fine. The system and the features are exactly what I want, and I love it. I’m very pleased with their service. I would recommend them.

Hello William,

Thank you for reviewing your experience with Guardian Protection. We will contact your call list as desired and can change preferences for our customer's needs. I'm glad to hear the professionally monitored security is bringing you peace of mind as that is always the goal!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

We were going out of town so often so I had a security system put in. The Guardian guy came up, knocked on the door, told me he was doing upgrades to the system that I had. There's only four doors and the downstairs motion sensor so it took an hour to install. I had to contact them when the battery died and they just told me where to go buy a new battery. Overall, it works. Whenever something goes on, it calls my cell phone and life is good.

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review for Guardian Protection! We appreciate your business and it's wonderful to hear the quick response times on alarms if providing you the peace of mind you deserve.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We’ve been okay with having Guardian in our home. They answered the questions I had and were pretty helpful. Also, the installers were very experienced. They had to do it twice ‘cause at first, our Wi-Fi was not connected yet. They did a good follow-up. The system is good and it's what was expected and what we wanted. It's also user-friendly.

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for sharing a great customer experience! Guardian Protection is honored to be your home security provider and help protect what matters most.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

We’ve had Guardian for 17 years. They did the set-up in our original home and it was fantastic. When we bought this home here six years ago, they did the installation for us. Everything was fine. They were phenomenal and they did a great job. The features of Guardian are great. It’s good for first line defense. It’s also good for an early warning system. It’s also a good smoke and carbon monoxide protection. So, all in all, it's quite well. One of the issues we had recently was the battery was going and I had to replace the battery. But they walked us through it and everything was fine.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for being such a long time customer of Guardian Protection! We appreciate your business and are glad to hear the system is bringing you peace of mind in many life safety areas.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We've had Guardian Protection for 25 years now and they were priced very competitively back when we first got them. They provided us a diagram and a blueprint for the company, which was very extensive because we have 125,000 square feet with lots of docks and different areas that needed to be monitored. It was very complete with the layout that they did for us.

Guardian's service has been exceptionally good. They monitor 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We get calls periodically at all times of the day and night, giving us a caution with regards to the fact that the power is off or that we have a sprinkler system that the pressure is low, and all of those kinds of warnings or call to us around the clock. While we don't have a lot of contact with the representatives because we just don't have problems, they've been super good. We have more opportunity for warnings in our business place than I do at my home. Also, the quality of the features of the system is extra good.

Hello Peter,

Thank you for being such a long time customer of Guardian Protection! We appreciate the feedback and your business over the years. We look forward to our continued relationship and helping to protect what matters most to your family.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We've had a home security system for quite some time. We changed to Guardian Protection Services because it is cheaper. We were also promised some things in this company and I hope they were telling us the truth. But so far they’ve been really good, better than the other company that we had. Customer service was very pleasant. They used the same equipment that we had from the previous provider and just changed all the batteries.

Hello Janet,

Welcome to the Guardian Protection family! We are excited to have you as a customer and help provide you with peace of mind every day. Our award-winning security monitoring station is monitoring 24/7 when your system is armed.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Jeff ** came to my home to install an outdoor camera, he is an amazing young man. He represents your company in a way you can be very proud. I was very happy with the end results and I will tell you I was skeptical about this install. Thanks Jeff.

Hello Judi:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review for Guardian Protection. We appreciate your business and feedback, have a safe day!

Cusotmer Satisfaction Advocate

Guardian Protection Services expert review by Ben Mannes

Choose from three professionally installed security packages. Options are wired and wireless, with 36-month contracts. Packages above the basic level are warrantied for the life of the system.

• Flexible packages: With multiple packages and more than a dozen add-on upgrades, Guardian Protection Services offers some of the most customizable home security options.

• Smart Home Automation: The company's home automation controls Z-Wave powered thermostats, lights, locks and garage doors from an Internet-connected smartphone.

• Best Price Guarantee: Guardian Protection Services’ Best Price Guarantee says the company will match any written or web-based quote for comparable home security system installation.

• Monitoring: Guardian Protection Services never subcontracts its monitoring service, and their central station responds to signals in an average of 30 seconds or less.

• Relocation guarantee: Consumers who have had Guardian for at least one year are covered by the company’s Relocation Guarantee and will receive a free basic system at their new home and a 25 percent discount on upgrades. Interested consumers should contact Guardian for details and restrictions.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Guardian Protection Services Company Information