toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the great customer testimonial! We are so glad the smart home security features have helped you protect your home in your every day routine.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Great experience with Guardian thus far. Customer service along with installation has been awesome. Really love the remote front door lock and garage door controls. Geo fence for warning when garage doors are left open have been a lifesaver!

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your review of Guardian Protection! It's wonderful to hear the sales and installation experience went smoothly for you, that is our goal. Also, with a response time of less than 30 seconds, we pride ourselves in protecting what you value most in life.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 30, 2017

The sales representative that I spoke to was very friendly. Then the installers came out and we did the whole process then they hooked it up. Everything was in the wall by the time we moved in our brand-new home. Guardian has been very good so far. I had an incident where somebody came to my door and my daughter forgot the alarm was on. She opened the door, and they called me before she even disarmed it to let me know. That was pretty quick and I like that. I’d recommend them.

Hello Dorothy,

Thank you for being a long time customer of Guardian Protection Services! It's so wonderful to hear that you have felt protected for so long and we really value your safety. Our customer's safety and satisfaction is our #1 priority and we hope to help protect what you value most for many more years to come. Please let us know if you need anything, we are always here for you.

Nathan D.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: April 2, 2017

I've had Guardian for so long and I don't even think of changing. I'm protected and hundred percent happy. For my basement, I have the bars in the windows on the bottom and I have glass breakage. Whatever security feature was available, I got it. If by mistake, I opened the door, locked myself in at night time and decided to go in the garage, Guardian would call me right away. So everything is fine. I have recommended them to many friends. My daughter's also with Guardian. I'm still friends with Adam who was part of the installation team. He's a nice guy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The technician who installed Guardian Protection was really nice, professional and did his job. I have a different home security system before and Guardian was a lot better. But it’s a month now and nobody sent me signs and stickers. I don’t know why I don’t have it and it’s not okay. The sales rep told me he’s going to send it in the mail and I’m so busy that I never called him. But other than that, their smartphone features are easy to use, especially for my kids. Customer service is really good too. They even called a couple of times asking how it's working.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The technician that came from Guardian was very professional. He showed us how to use the system and how to utilize all the features. Even though my husband isn't here right now, I got the alarm on. I love the quality of the security system and it makes me feel safe. I have recommended Guardian to a friend.

Hi Sara,

Thank you for activating your Guardian Protection Services in your new home! We look forward to providing you extra peace of mind in your everyday life. If you recommend us to friends make sure they write down your name to earn free months of monitoring!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Guardian's equipment are perfect. I relocated and when I bought my new home, Guardian Protection Services was already installed in the house. I kept the level of security that was already there. I'm happy with it and I feel good. My interaction with customer service has all been perfect. I would tell my friends to talk to Guardian and look into it.

Guardian Protection Services

Hi Byron, welcome to the Guardian family! It's great to hear the system is working out so well for you, customer satisfaction is our goal. The cameras are a great feature to have as well. I have located you account and will have a customer care agent reach out to help you with the auto-billing!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

The Guardian supervisor came out. I didn't know they were going to install it on that day and it was 8:00 at night, so they didn't finish until 11:00. However, the installation was smoother than what I thought and the guy who put it in was professional. I didn't like ADT, and switched from them. Guardian's hours are better, too. Also, they contact us immediately when things go wrong and I liked the technical part of it. Someone attempted to steal my truck base, and I really liked that I could see the back and front yard inside my home from any place I'm at, and I like that the system is recording. The equipment has been good, but the business affairs' lacking a little bit. They're unable to take payment from my checking for some reason. It's been two months, and I just found out. Overall, Guardian could be a little cheaper, but my wife and I liked the system, so I'm satisfied with that and I would recommend it to a friend.

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the Guardian Protection family! We are honored to help protect what you value most, everyday. Please let us know if you ever have questions by calling customer care at 1-888-895-4805.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I had a different provider before and they were going to charge me extra to change over. In comparison, Guardian is even a lot better because the system is wireless. Their reps also did everything they said they were going to do. They were very timely and pretty quick. The installation team did good too and they didn't take very long. They also let me know what is and what is not happening more often. Sometimes, I can leave the alarm off or I can put it on. It would tell me what the problem is and then I can go back and look at the panel to find out what's closed and what's open. With Guardian Protection Services, everything is good and I really like it. I would recommend it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Services?

Hi Yolanda,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs! It's wonderful to hear you had such a pleasant experience from the initial sales contact to the installation. Also make sure to stop by the app store and leave us a review, the phone app is a great feature for convenience and on the go monitoring of your security system.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I've used ADT in the past and Guardian is much more sophisticated. What they offered in terms of security, sound, speakers and things of that nature, weren't offered by ADT. I had a home built and it was a new construction. Guardian met with us at the model home. I had a one-on-one sit at the table type of discussion with their reps. They went through the entire process and spent a couple of hours with me. Then everything went as planned based on the builder. Guardian's customer service stayed in constant contact with me. They emailed or phoned to check on the status even when my delivery date of the home was not kept. They would call to make sure that we don't forget to schedule and were always on top of it.

Even when they scheduled for the service to come out to be installed, they made sure they called the day before. During the installation, they were here half a day for the first part. I had to do it in two separate parts because of an internet issue with Verizon. Guardian was very flexible and they installed the security system which didn't require the internet on Monday. They did that in three to four hours and when they came back to do the cameras, it took an hour. The installation was clean, quick and easy. The technicians were all very friendly and explained the features thoroughly. Then we had another issue with a leak in the home, all the water came through and messed up one of the speakers, and the technicians had to come back out last week to replace that.

I use the phone to operate the sound system, the garage doors and turning the alarm on and off. The remote access is great. It works and I can set it up as to how many notifications I want. It gives me a sense of comfort having Guardian Protection Services in my home and so far, I had a wonderful experience with them. They are reputable, user-friendly and professional.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for leaving a phone review for Guardian Protection. It's great to hear your upgraded security system is fitting all of your needs. Our goal is to help you feel as safe and secure in your home as possible. I have located your customer account and will contact the authorized dealer who installed the system to contact you regarding the buyout.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

When I went with Guardian, they said they would pay out the contract from the other service I had before. I’m still waiting on that but all else is fine. Guardian Protection Services is a better system and an upgrade from my previous provider. I can use the system from my phone and the computer. Also, a good addition to the smart phone feature is that I could put the alarm on the front door and keep the other two doors open if I went in the backyard. My previous security company was from Texas and there was nobody local to handle things, but Guardian has someone local.

Also, their rep was friendly, answered every question I might have and walked me through, and there was no confusion. The installer was good and didn't spend long, which was around 20 minutes. He put the fire alarm up, put up new boxes on the same door, programmed it up and explained it to me. I feel good having Guardian Protection Services in my home because I don't have any guns. I would recommend it.

Hi Marie,

Thank you for taking the time to review Guardian Protection Services. I'm happy to hear your customer service has been top notch! I have located your account and will have a customer care representative reach out to help you with your mobile application.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

We have been very pleased with the quality of our service. Consumer service is always top notch which we greatly appreciate. Unfortunately, our mobile app hasn't been the most reliable lately which prevents us from being able to manage the alarm remotely.

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for writing a review of your experience with Guardian Protection! It's always great to hear from a satisfied customer and we look forwarding to proving your family extra peace of mind in the Pittsburgh, PA region.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

My wife and I purchased a house that was pre wired with a Guardian system. Once we contacted Guardian it was a fast process, we agreed on a reasonable monthly rate and the tech thoroughly explained how to operate our system.

Hi Chang,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services! I'm happy to hear that you have experienced the excellent security services our customers have come to expect everyday. As far as I'm aware, there is not a translation option on the keypad, I apologize for that inconvenience.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I was really impressed by its Good service. The product was very good. I would surely Recommend the product to friends and family. I was wondering if there was some language translator to it then it would have been much better. Otherwise I am fully satisfied with the product.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for your review Mark! We're glad to hear all about your experience.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

The service from Guardian has been phenomenal from the beginning. We had great interaction with the customer service team helping select the services we needed, then the installation crew was very professional and let us know how things were progressing and finally, customer service followed up afterward to make sure we were happy.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, Tom! We're honored to help protect your family and home.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

This company keeps my family safe and secure. The service is first rate. We are please to be protected by Guardian. The salesman was fair and we have purchased additional equipment and services. The installer was professional and personable. Thank you Guardian.

Guardian Protection Services

Carmela, thank you for sharing your review! We are glad to hear you're having a great experience. We're honored to help protect what matters most to you!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I am really happy with Guardian Protection Services. Whenever I call I also get someone who is happy to help me. My insulation also was good. The young person who came to my home was very good and told me all I needed to know about the system.

I had cameras installed throughout my home. I installed the cameras at a significant charge although I was told by your salesman I would be able to use my cameras from my previous location. I then find out the service charge to correct any discrepancies with the cameras is through the roof. Had the service call charges been explained when I inquired about installing the cameras I would have looked elsewhere!!

Guardian Protection Services

Thanks Illona! We appreciate your review and your recommendation!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

The installation went very smoothly and the follow-up service is responsive to any questions I may have as I learn the system. I enjoy the ability this system provides for me to monitor my home from another city. I would highly recommend Guardian to my friends.

Guardian Protection Services

Thanks for sharing your experience, Karen! We're glad to hear that you are enjoying the peace of mind Guardian can provide.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

The staff and representatives at Guardian Protection Services are polite, professional and knowledgeable. I recently had a problem with my WiFi and SkyBell. The representative from Guardian immediately knew what the problem was and how it should be resolved.

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the reccomendation. Glad to hear you're system has been working well. All of our customer service and monitoring center employees are right here in the US!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Salesman and installer were both great. Very honest on pricing, no hidden fees or taxes, system works great, the app works well. Very pleased overall with the system. I made one call to customer service, the call center was in the USA which was a nice surprise. HIGHLY recommended.

This is the second security company we have experience with, the first one being at our old house. Our new house is newly constructed and the company who built that house made it mandatory to go with Guardian for a minimum amount of time before we could switch, which was disappointing, but not enough to not have a security system in place. Just take this with a grain of salt since we're comparing Guardian to our previous security company. Also, it's important to note that we've been living in our house for roughly three months now, so we haven't had an extensive amount of time with the system and, fortunately, have not had a scenario where we needed to use it.

Con - We opted for wired connections to all of our entry doors and first floor windows. We were informed that the wiring would go through the window and be hidden. We discovered that a tiny part of the wire is exposed at each location. Not a huge deal, but we were misinformed. Pro - During the initial planning phases, our security system came with a motion detector for inside of the house that we didn't want. They gave us a credit for that which we put towards our window sensors, which was nice.

Pro - The keypad is easier to use than our previous security system. Con - The keypad doesn't seem to always register when a specific door and window are opened or closed and there doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern to why this is the case. It also doesn't seem to affect arming the system, which is something we're currently monitoring to see if we need to reach out and have it fixed.

Pro - The mobile app that comes with the security system is worlds better than the third party app that our previous security system utilized. It's much more intuitive, it's faster, and I know exactly what is going on when I'm interacting with it. Con - Since this was included with the house that we built, they pre wire everything before the drywall goes up. This is also in conjunction with planning whatever tv / phone / internet hookups you desire, meaning they know exactly what needs to be installed for everything to function. The issue, at least with our house, is that they didn't plan for enough power outlets near box that houses our security and internet. I didn't discover this until after our internet was hooked up but no internet was going to our room ports.

It turns out this was because the internet installer didn't have enough outlets to plug in the ethernet switch to all of my rooms and just left the power supply to the ethernet switch hanging. I had to put a power strip in the remaining outlet (since the other outlet has the security system power supply screwed into the wall) in order to provide all of the necessary power for my internet. The internet installer should have told us this, but, ultimately, Guardian should have anticipated my setup needing more power outlets.

Pro - one feature that is nice about Guardian (that we thankfully haven't had to utilize yet) is their speaker system that basically allows someone to automatically start talk to you through a speaker in your house if you cannot answer your phone right away or reach your keypad. Additionally, if they don't get a response in a short amount of time, they send the police. Overall, there are some complaints but there are also some nice features, so I think it would just come down to better communication when planning the setup.

Hi Ted,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection feedback and letting us know of an outlying issue. I'm glad to hear our customer care team reached out and provided this credit for you. If we can be of any further assistance please email us at wecare@gpsx.net

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Installation of Guardian protection service installers had to make 4 trips to our home to get product right. I talked to lady at home office and she said would talk to her supervisor to get a free month. I got billed this month and it never happened.

Guardian Protection Services

Thanks for the review, Diane! Congrats on your new home. We're proud to help protect it!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Guardian Protection Services is a reputable company. Their customer service rep was very good, and so was this one guy who installed the system. He explained the system very thoroughly and when he left, I was very comfortable with it. It’s a good system and I’m very happy about it. It’s a brand new home so I feel more secure with the security system.

Hi Nettie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for Guardian Protection. Your insights are valuable and will help us improve the customer experience. I have located your account and will have a customer care rep reach out to help you with those concerns listed. Our goal is to make sure you feel comfortable using your new security system!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Everybody was telling me that Guardian was a bit better than Protection One. The first guy from Guardian came and I told him that I thought I was under contract with Protection One so he said that he'd check into it. A second guy came and took over for the other guy. He was great, showed me everything and changed the system over to Guardian. I told him that the first guy was going to get back to me and he said that they checked it over and I was not under contract. I was also told that if I got charged for this month by both that I should get ahold of Guardian and they'd reimburse me.

Moreover, I was charged by Protection One and I had to write a letter to them but they don't take letters which is not good, so I called them. The lady that I talked to said she'd get back to me. Now, I need to call them again with my password before I can even talk to anyone. In addition, I need to call Guardian because I got a notice saying that my payment was rejected. Also, they told me that Protection One was going out of service and I don't think they are, so I don't know if Guardian was telling the truth or not. Overall, Guardian could have explained things better to me and my experience with them could have been better. They told me things that weren't true and I don't know if they were really honest with me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently moved in. I’ve been here almost two weeks and my realtor suggested Guardian Protection Services. I'm still trying to get used to the system but it's good.

Hello Latora,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for Guardian Protection, this will help us improve the customer experience. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with the sales and install process. All of your feedback will be used to coach these representatives. Guardian has been in the business of providing our customers peace of mind for over 60 years and this is not a typical experience. I have looked into your account and see you are working with a customer care supervisor who offered a credit on the account once you are up and running. If there is anything we can do to be more assistance please email us at wecare@gpsx.net

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My experience with Guardian Protection Services has been terrible from the very beginning. I just had a new home built. As part of the building process you meet with various vendors to select the options that you'd like included in you new home. Guardian was one of those vendors recommended by the builder. When we met with the sales associate from Guardian he seemed very unsure about everything. We assumed that he was new and continued with the appointment. We choose the services that we wanted, received a quote detailing the cost of those services and was told that we'd receive the paperwork electronically. When we received the paperwork, there was a $1200 discrepancy between the amount that we were quoted and the amount that was on the contract.

When confronted about the difference, the sales associate admitted that he had "misquoted" based on an accidental omission. After much back and forth about my dissatisfaction, the builder ultimately absorbed the cost of our entire package to illuminate any reputational risk. Months later, after my home was complete came installation. I was given an appointment window between 8am and 10am. I made arrangements to be at home during that time. I waited and waited until 10am, no technician. At that point I went to work leaving my 19 year old daughter in my home to meet the now late technician.

The technician finally arrives at approximately 10:50am. He asked my daughter "Where are you parents?" To which my daughter answers, "At work". He then tells her that he can not install without her parents. Within about 20 minutes my daughter is able to reach me to let me know what happened. I immediately call Guardian. According to the service representative, the technician left because there was no one 18 years of age or older at the residence. WHAT! My daughter is 19 years old. Never did he ask her age, nor did he ask her for ID, nor did he express his concerns with my daughter to give her the opportunity to verify her age.

I then requested that the technician return to complete the installation, as it had only been 20 minutes since he left. The technician refused stating that he had other appointments. Incredible! He showed up 50 minutes past the appointment window, makes an assumption about my daughter's age then refuses to come back...really? According to Guardian it takes 2-3 hours to install. You didn't arrive until 50 minutes past the appointment time therefore you should have 3 hours and 20 minutes to complete this job. Nope, I ended up having to reschedule.

APPOINTMENT ATTEMPT #2. Again appointment window is between 8am and 10am. I requested to be the first appointment because I didn't want the tech to run late again like the first appointment. Logical right? Nope, again the tech doesn't arrive until 9:50am. His excuse? Traffic. 1 hr and 50 minutes of traffic from South Jersey to Delaware...really? So he shuffles around in the basement for about 45 minutes only to return and tell me that there are technical difficulties connecting with the main office. It'll be an hour or 2 before he can get started. Sir are you kidding me? So now more of my time wasted.

I am writing this review as I am waiting for an update from the technician. It is now 11:16am. Nothing is done. 3 hours into the 2nd appointment that was suppose to get started at 8am. I'm not sure that I want Guardian Protection Services for my home. I haven't even gone live and the experience has been beyond terrible!!! I highly suggest that when you are considering home protection services that you steer clear of Guardian! My next contact will be to the builder for recommending this company.

Hi Ely,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection in your new home! It's wonderful to hear the system is meeting your expectations, feel free to leave us a review on the app store as well. Please reach out to our customer care team at 1-888-895-4805 with any technical questions, they work extended hours to help.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

We used a different home security system before that is comparable to Guardian Protection Services. We have a new house so we have a new provider. The gentleman from the installation team did a good job, and I was happy with his work. I really like the Smartphone feature as it's been very useful. The system that was sold to us worked as designed, but I certainly would like to have a larger ability to see videos on the Cloud.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had Guardian before and this time, it was part of our home package. We had the sales team as we were buying the house and the experience with them was fine. The guy who set everything up was very knowledgeable. The only thing Guardian can improve is their old keypads with numbers on it and update it to a touch screen interface. But other than that, I would recommend Guardian Protection Services.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your customer testimonial! It's wonderful to hear the installation technician was fast and efficient but took the time to make sure you were comfortable with your new system. Welcome to the Guardian family!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I won Guardian as the second prize in something I registered for and I like it. The installer was good, did the installation the first time, was very knowledgeable, and helpful in letting me know and making sure that I understood. I’m very satisfied.

Hi June,

Thank you for your review of Guardian Protection. I'm sorry to hear you have had troubles with the install but I have located your account and will have a customer care agent follow up with you as soon as possible to get those issues taken care of. Guardian has been a leader in the security business for over 60 years and I hope you find value in the security system.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I’m having difficulties with Guardian's product. It’s going to be a month and a half and I still haven’t got half of my equipment. When they came to install the unit, they told me that they were sorry that it was on backorder. There was a shortage and the lady said they’ll give it to me at the end of the week. Three weeks went by but they didn't show up and on the fourth week, I started calling. To top that up, I have no paperwork, just an electronic email that I signed. I also didn't have their number so I went on the web searching for it. I wound up finding it after I called five security system companies and I didn’t exist in their plan.

I finally got this number off the web and it was to a Jason. He's in charge of the San Antonio area and he was really nice. The rep that went to my house was a freelancer so he didn’t have a contract with Guardian but he’s the one that told me he'll see what he can do. He really helped me and made me feel like I got a chance here. That same day that he called me back, I wound up calling the company. I finally got their number and they opened a case.

The technician came the following day, looked at the equipment he brought and told me that it was going to give me problems. He said he'd rather not install it and they'd have to give me wireless. I told him I waited for a whole month for that so he tried. I just finished putting new panel around my house two months ago and he drilled a hole for the door camera. He took out the doorbell and said I needed to plug it in. But he still said it's not going to work so he's going to take it back, call the representative and they’ll get the wireless because that’s what I need. That was two weeks ago and this is our third week already. Now I have a big hole on my door so I’m going to have to either buy a new panel and redo the front end of the house which will cost me money or buy a regular door bell that fits the one and a half inch hole they drilled. But the thing is I’m still waiting for the wireless doorbell.

Also, I downloaded their app on my phone and I was able to access my account through my fingerprint. But I accidentally removed it and now I have to do a password. I had called for them to put it back for my fingerprint because I don’t want to keep my account open. If I lose my phone, they’ll have access to the alarm system but they told me they didn’t know how to do it. I was with Security Hawk for 17 years and the only reason why I switched over to Guardian was because their price was excellent. I thought they'd save me money, I didn’t have to pay $180 and I'm going to get an upgrade with the system. But now I regret going to this security company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Guardian was associated to our builder and so we got their services for home security. We had the system installed this year and I'm extremely happy with its features. I can control the door locks and everything using my phone. Customer service has been excellent too.

Hi Theodora,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection! I'm glad to hear the customer service has served you well thus far. We recommend testing your system at least on a monthly basis, and we are here to help you do that - please call 1-888-895-4805 when you are ready.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

The customer service with Guardian has been great. Flo was wonderful. And my husband had a good experience with the person who installed it. We haven't used the alarm yet and we are going to be calling. Somebody will coach us on the phone to make the alarm so hopefully we’ll have a good experience there. But so far, everything’s been great with Guardian.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for sharing your experience, Pedro! We're glad you're enjoying Guardian peace of mind. Glad to hear you got to see the efficiency of our monitoring center... in fact on average we do initiate a response to alarms in 30 seconds or less!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I was with ADT for four years and they charged me for everything. Plus, their personnel was rude. Guardian Protection Services does better. The person I talked to and the installer were nice. The installer also explained everything to me and when I had a little bit of trouble on the first day, the technician fixed it quickly. There was something wrong with the panel the time it was installed and so he replaced it. He burned a couple of hours there. Guardian also responded quickly when something happened at home. We got surprised since it only felt like 30 seconds. Guardian is a very good option. It's only been a month and a half and we already got what I asked for.

Guardian Protection Services Company Profile