toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your review of Guardian Protection! It's wonderful to hear the sales and installation experience went smoothly for you, that is our goal. Also, with a response time of less than 30 seconds, we pride ourselves in protecting what you value most in life.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 30, 2017

The sales representative that I spoke to was very friendly. Then the installers came out and we did the whole process then they hooked it up. Everything was in the wall by the time we moved in our brand-new home. Guardian has been very good so far. I had an incident where somebody came to my door and my daughter forgot the alarm was on. She opened the door, and they called me before she even disarmed it to let me know. That was pretty quick and I like that. I’d recommend them.

Hello Dorothy,

Thank you for being a long time customer of Guardian Protection Services! It's so wonderful to hear that you have felt protected for so long and we really value your safety. Our customer's safety and satisfaction is our #1 priority and we hope to help protect what you value most for many more years to come. Please let us know if you need anything, we are always here for you.

Nathan D.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: April 2, 2017

I've had Guardian for so long and I don't even think of changing. I'm protected and hundred percent happy. For my basement, I have the bars in the windows on the bottom and I have glass breakage. Whatever security feature was available, I got it. If by mistake, I opened the door, locked myself in at night time and decided to go in the garage, Guardian would call me right away. So everything is fine. I have recommended them to many friends. My daughter's also with Guardian. I'm still friends with Adam who was part of the installation team. He's a nice guy.

Hello Marilyn,

Thank you so much for being a long time customer of Guardian! We appreciate your feedback, and it's always great to hear that we could serve fabulous customers such as yourself for such a long time. The 24/7 monitored smoke protection is a great feature to have. If you ever need anything at all please just give us a call.

Nathan D.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: March 26, 2017

We like Guardian Protection real well. We've had it so long because we had it at our store and then when we had our house we had it put in our house too and that's a long time ago. We got Guardian's fire alarm and house protection and we're very satisfied. If we had to build another house, we'd put it in there too. If we ever had a problem, their sales reps have been here to help us. They were nice too and we weren't afraid to let them in. They were great.

Hi Christina,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for Guardian Protection Services. I'm so sorry about the service call commitment issues - this will be sent to our service manager's attention. I located your account and see a service call ran on 6/22 to resolve the issues. If you have any further questions or concerns please reach out to wecare@gpsx.net.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 19, 2017

Guardian installed a system in my home on May 30. The issues began with a panel that made no noise. I called and scheduled a service appointment with them for the next Thursday. Someone calls on Monday and informs me the ticket has been put into the wrong queue. Offers to reschedule and call me back but never did. I finally had to call back to get an appointment. Someone came out and fixed it and I thought everything was solved.

Except the glass break sensor goes off once-twice a week. I'm not sure what's setting it off and neither are they. I tried scheduling a service call. Took off of work. No one showed. I called and it seems they rescheduled the appointment without notifying me to a date two weeks away. Guardian does not value your time. They do not value you as a customer. The reps are nice enough, but completely useless. I regret using this company and I sincerely hope anyone who wants to use them reads this and rethinks it so they don't end up trapped in endless phone tag like I am.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for reviewing your experience with Guardian! It's great to hear you are enjoying your security services. Your feedback is appreciated and we will use it to help improve the customer experience.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 11, 2017

We transitioned from the previous owner to Guardian and the sales guy kinda blew us off. We said to forget it. Most of the sales work was done through a dealer. The customer service rep did enough to get the business and the installer was a good dude. Also, the system does what it needs to do so I'm happy with it. I recommend Guardian. If friends are looking for a system, I'd tell them that Guardian is better than an ADT or one of those guys ‘cause those cost a fortune.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been having issues with people overriding my security and getting into my home and I talked to Guardian about it. I have the same issues with them as I did with ADT. I've asked Guardian to have somebody come out here and check my system out and I've got a message on my phone that my equipment had quit working, but nobody has called nor checked on me.

I have a back door and a front door. And I have the app from my phone to say that I can keep up with what's on my phone and it never could. The fellow that installed it took him long to download. So, he left and he said if I had any problems, to call him. I could not get into the app once it downloaded and so I called Guardian and they kept saying that they were going to email me information on how to get into my app. But I never received any.

Finally, somebody called me one day. I said I've been trying to call and I have not received anything. They told me before that if I would add my phone onto it that they would guarantee that I could keep up with my home through my phone. That way, I could check my home. And since I could not do any services or anything with my phone, I told them that I did not want to continue it because they would not come out. They didn't even give me paperwork to show me. I can get in my app and I can check that out. But when it's not working correctly, I don't have anything to troubleshoot with. But they told me that I had a two or a four-year contract with them. I said, "No, that's not what I told you. You promised me something that I'm not getting. Therefore, that's false advertisement to start with. I told you right up front that I can't afford it."

And as of today, I have not yet talked to anybody that I know of from them except for that one time when they told me that I’ve got a four-year contract. I gave them my bank information for the first payment so that they would install the equipment. I told them, "Do not take more money out of my account because it's a one-time thing only and I'll send my payment by money-order." I told them that if they took money out of my account, I was going to sue them. It's now due again but I haven't received anything from my bank. And I got a one-page contract on my phone but I did not sign it.

However, the installation was wonderful. The technicians were younger guys. They were very nice and polite and knew what they were doing. The main one had been with them long and he was teaching somebody new. He was very kind. He had another appointment, which I told him I understood. And then he told me, "If you have any trouble, call me." They were fine. But they need to stay until it's complete.

The only reason I got Guardian was for the app and it's not been usable because it's been blocked and they said, if I was having trouble with my phone, that wasn't their problem. My phone is working fine, except their app. I'm very disappointed in it. But the equipment is very pretty. It's decorating the wall and it's very easy to work. But it doesn't go with the rest of them. It's just hanging on the wall doing nothing.

Also, it's a little bit of expensive. And people like me, I'm 61 years old and I live alone. I was robbed four years ago so, I'm a little skittish about being by myself. And Guardian promised me this and promised that to get my money and then they left me hanging. So, therefore, I would not recommend it. Now I feel worse because they're not doing anything. And I feel more insecure because I know that whoever had done that with our ADT, they're still very active because that would be interfering in my stuff now.

Hi Ginnifer.

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection as your home security provider! It's wonderful to hear our reputation has been upheld with another happy customer. Our customer care team works extended hours and are happy to help with any questions that may come up regarding your services.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 7, 2017

Guardian Protection Services came to our house and my boyfriend said they were rated number two right underneath ADT so I was interested in it and they offered more services than the current one I have. The sales people were super friendly and explained everything from top to bottom except for one thing which I have to figure out how to do but it was a good experience with them. Then the technicians came in and they were very knowledgeable and courteous. They had everything hooked up within an hour.

I didn't know I had an internet issue and customer service called and told me that I did. So I have the internet guy out here to fix it. I now have a little more peace of mind because if there's an issue, I can simply call Guardian and then they tell me what the issue is so I can correct them. I've had a home system for the last 15 to 17 years and I like Guardian the best out of them all. I would recommend them to a friend.

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your detailed review of your experience with Guardian Protection! It's great to hear the installer was knowledgeable, we attempt to employ top of the line employees. I'm sorry to hear about the hiccups with customer service. I have located your account and see you are working with an agent regarding the billing. I'm also happy to hear you have been utilizing the phone app, feel free to leave us a review on the app store as well!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 6, 2017

Guardian has a deal with our builder, Ryan Homes, and it’s been pretty good for the most part. We had little hiccups but they weren’t all that big of a deal. Before the house was finished being built, I wanted to have a whole lot of home automation and I needed to know what kind of components to buy and what protocols are being used for home automation and the sales team couldn’t answer in any way. They couldn’t get anybody on the phone that could answer any of my technical questions. I had to wait till I got the alarm but it’s fine. I just figured it out myself and then went out, got my stuff and had it installed.

They're at par with a few systems we've had before but I've had better service. We worked with the salesperson to mark out where we wanted everything installed which was nice. By the time we came in for the final walk through, it was installed right where we had marked everything. But I didn’t have a working alarm for two months after we moved in. A couple of components didn’t work and the engineer was supposed to come back in a couple of days and fix it. Two months went by and I heard nothing. It took me calling and complaining to get it fixed. The technician who came out after we settled to configure the account was also the same guy who came back to fix the broken component. He was great and really knows his stuff.

However, I had refused to pay the balance that I owed Guardian until I had a working alarm. They kept sending me late notices and billing me late fees when I flat out told them that I’m not paying it until they come out and get the alarm working. So now I have to call back their customer service and ask them to remove these fees and give them their money. The system works as designed so it’s not all that bad.

The mobile app is great but I’ve experienced one issue with it. I am very familiar with alarm.com and how they sell their service to alarm companies and Guardian froze their name on the app but I really like alarm.com. We use the app everyday, eight times a day. We can use fingerprints to log in to our phones and then fingerprint to log in to the alarm.com Guardian version of that app. So that’s awesome. The security is good and we all use it. We don’t use keys. We just use our phones to get in and out and if we don’t have that, we have to key code it to the keypad on the front door.

I used to work for the NYPD and we have plenty of guns in this house. I’m not worried about security but I wanted it for when we’re not home, so it’s a nice system. It definitely gives us more peace of mind and the functionality of being able to go in my front door without giving my children keys is important. I like that a lot but the home automation stuff is what I enjoy the most. It’s really nice to be able to also open and shut the garage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Services?

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services! It's great to hear you have been enjoying the convenience of a smart home security system. Feel free to leave us a review on the phone app store as well. We are here, monitoring your system, when armed, 24/7.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 4, 2017

There was a company that was addressed to me through my realtor. With them, I was able to get in contact with Guardian Protection Service. I had other services before but Guardian has been great. The installers were professional and the system is state-of-the-art. I like the different features that the system has for the phone where we can activate and deactivate. Everything else is good and I’m a happy customer. With the system installed, there is a sense of security when you’re not at home, that your house is at least protected. So far, my experience has been good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the features offered in the system of Guardian, especially the smoke detector. Now, I don't worry when I'm out of my home. The installers were also courteous and professional. They called before installation and asked what time they can put the system in. Then the installer came and told me what to do and how long it would take. And he was real good.

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection! Your feedback is very valuable to us and will help to improve the customer experience. Our customer care team works extended hours to answer any questions you may have at 1-888-895-4805.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 2, 2017

I called Guardian Protection Services and I got appraised. The customer service reps were fine as far as explaining everything. At first, they told me $45 a month then they kept me at $30 on monitoring. It was a five-year contract versus three years. I had ADT in Missouri and they were more expensive than Guardian in Delaware, where I am now. And I also had the NorthStar Alarm system previously. It has a touchpad and has the weather on it. But my brother already had Guardian in the house and he had all the equipment which is why I chose them.

When the installers came to hook it up, there was already a system here and supposedly they checked all of that. The alarm went off in the middle of the night so I got a citation. If that goes off one more time, I get charged for noise and I didn’t like that. It went off because the contacts on the door were bad. So, I had to wait a couple of weeks and they came out and replaced it. But the technicians were professional. People make mistakes and things happen. The smartphone features are a little bit of a nuisance though. Let’s say somebody broke in where I had to shut it off in a hurry. It takes a while to connect for some reason. But overall, everything’s good. I’ve been in the house for a year without the alarm system hooked up and I wasn’t afraid at all. And I got the security alarm and two days later, I was scared to death. They woke me up in a sound sleep but I got it because I go away a lot.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for taking the time to share your Guardian story, Linda. We appreciate your feedback because customer satisfaction is very important to us.

Katelyn G.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 1, 2017

We had another system in place before we switched over to Guardian. We also had the same sales rep for both systems. The sales rep said we only had a three-year contract with the other service. Then we said that we'll switch because we liked the service person of Guardian. Then the other company said that we have a five-year service with them. Nowhere in our contract said it was like that and it was a roundabout. The sales guy said he'd take care of it and I never knew what's going on with it yet. Guardian had to upgrade some of our system because it was not compatible with theirs and the technician that came was very nice. I also like the thing on my phone so I can unlock the door before I come in the house. It's nice as I won't have to do it from the wall unit because our fobs had broken from the other system and it was kind of a hassle. Everything's working fine and I'd recommend Guardian to a friend.

Hi Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to review Guardian Protection Services! I have located your account and will have a customer care specialist reach out to help you with your system use. We want to make sure you can use your alarm any time you may need it.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 31, 2017

Guardian put system in with the builder so we didn't go into detail on how it works. But because this is a brand new house, I wish they could have given us a little bit more of a tutorial on how to use the system. We had to go away a couple of weeks ago and we had to leave 5 o’clock in the morning. When we went to put the alarm on, it went off. It became a whole big to-do because everything was time sensitive and we had to leave the house without it being on.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: June 8, 2017

Update - after posting this review, customer service contacted me and resolved the issue to my satisfaction. I still maintain to anyone interested in Guardian to make sure that you are aware of the contract length when you sign up for service. It was never explained to me and I paid 11 months for a service that I could not use.

Original review: May 29, 2017

We've been a customer of Guardian for five years. Two years ago we moved, and in doing so had to pay for a full installation at our new house, more than $1,000 in equipment. When we signed the paperwork for this installation, the fine print said that we were locking ourselves in to 37 months of service. This was never explained to us. When we moved a year late for work, our new house was not set up for a system. So we could either pay another $1k setup or no longer use the service. It is at this point that we were informed of the 37 month agreement. There is no getting out of this. So we have to make two years of $42/month payments for a service that we cannot use. That's more than $1k for nothing! I would not use Guardian again because of this, and cannot recommend them to anyone. Read the fine print!

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Guardian Protection! It's great to hear you find the security system easy to use. Please don't hesitate to contact customer care if you ever have questions.

Original review: May 29, 2017

Setting up my Guardian system was great. The customer service rep demonstrated and set it up. I went on vacation so they showed me how to put somebody else in and they had a little trouble with the system for a while because I was trying to enter a certain code and there was another code. I'm still getting used to Guardian because of the other system I had, but now it's easy. It is a people friendly device. I've talked to reps and customer service care and everybody's been helpful. I've always got a security system and having Guardian gives me peace of mind.

Hi Erik,

Thank you for trying out Guardian, we appreciate the feedback. Please let us know if we can ever assist you in the future!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 28, 2017

The reps from Guardian Protection Services came to the house. Our interactions have been positive. They've been accommodating as well. However, they definitely have some scheduling issues as far as getting technicians because we ended up pulling the system. So, we don't currently use Guardian anymore. They installed it and we had it in our home for a couple weeks but we notified them the day after it was installed. It was because we found out about my wife's employment situation, so we got it uninstalled within a couple of weeks. But, while we had it, my wife seemed to have a little bit more security when she was home alone with the kids. All in all, I was happy with their service.

Hi Mandy,

Welcome to the Guardian family! We are pleased to have you as a new customer and look forward to providing you extra peace of mind as the premier monitoring company in San Antonio, TX.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 27, 2017

We had a third party provider and they switched to Guardian Protection Services. Their reps have been fine and their techs have been good. The quality of the service was also good.

Hello Alaina,

I'm sorry about the initial frustrations with the payments. I have been in touch with our Account Management department and have been made aware that the billing issue has been corrected. If you have any further issues please message me.

Original review: May 26, 2017

People, if you are considering Guardian, please take your business elsewhere. The customer service here is absolutely rotten. Not only that, the equipment is unreliable. A home security system is an extremely important part of your home. Do not trust that tall order with Guardian. I flip houses for a living and have ALWAYS used Guardian in the past. Their customer service and equipment has progressively gotten worse and worse. For example, I sold two security systems along with the houses that I recently sold to my home buyers. The buyers wanted to take over the contracts (you'd think this would be a big bonus for Guardian!). However, their experience trying to transfer the alarm contract over to their names was a nightmare.

To add insult to injury, after the contracts were eventually successfully transferred over, Guardian keeps charging my credit card. And they can't seem to figure out why this keeps happening. The last time I called in, they tried to argue with me about my current mailing address (even though it's at the top of my bill...again, we are talking about a bill I'm not supposed to be getting in the first place). Trying to talk to a human being and customer service is like being in the twilight zone. No one seems to know what's going on and they are always saying that "another department will need to call me back". There are a lot of other home security options out there to choose from. I would not recommend Guardian.

Hello Marshall,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services! I'm happy to hear the installation went well and our customer service team is here to help assist anytime you may need us!

Original review: May 26, 2017

I’m happy with Guardian's service. I like it better than my previous home security provider. Their customer service is good and so was the installation. I’d recommend them.

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services. We are so happy to have you as a customer and hope you find additional peace of mind with our monitoring services. I have located your account and will research the billing issue with the authorized dealer whom sold and installed the system for you. We will be in touch shortly!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 25, 2017

I love the fact that Guardian Protection Services put information in my email every day. Everything works fine. When you shut it off at night, it comes on good and goes off good in the morning. The rep that I worked with was wonderful. And the young man that put in all the things that he was supposed to was very nice. When the rep talked to me about transferring to Guardian from ADT, he said everything would be the same. I paid $34.49 with ADT but I'm spending $39.99 with Guardian. So that's $5 more and it bothered me. When he told me about Guardian, it sounded interesting. But afterwards I thought, why didn't I just forget it and stayed with ADT. But I like the program. It’s that I do mind the fact that I thought I was gonna be paying one thing and I’m paying another. Also, I was supposed to get an agreement paper but I never got it. But overall, I was more than just satisfied with Guardian.

Hi Donald,
Thank you for sending your review. I escalated your concerns to our customer service supervisors and I understand that everything has been taken care of. I hope that your getting maximum use from your Guardian home security system, including the great mobile features. We will continue to strive to deliver a superior customer experience for you.

Original review: May 24, 2017

We went with Guardian Protection Services because we were at a local brand when we moved into the house seven years ago. And now, we wanted to go with the national brand. We also wanted to get it through a Wi-Fi enabled versus through a landline so I can have some mobile accessibility. The salesperson was fine however the installation guy was rushed. After they left, I had to get online and download the mobile app and figure out how all that worked myself. They didn't change the setup of the system. And all that alarming equipment and the motion sensor were here previously so all I did was to replace touchpad panels and upgrade the brain so that it becomes mobile. It's handy because I can activate the system with my iPhone now or disable it. And I've had to learn all that myself.

And then we had trouble with one of the temperature sensors. It alarmed and we had disabled that. The technicians were supposed to come out today, but the guy couldn't make it. I got a call and he said he's gonna come back out on Friday to replace that sensor. And in the meanwhile, last night, things started going off at three o'clock in the morning. There was a 100 code but there was nothing in any of the documentations that say what a 100 code is. There's no sensor alarm along with the 100 alarm. And the sensor is like number 10. The sensor usually goes 100. And now, I haven't been able to follow up on them yet.

It wasn't exactly smooth as far as walking through in making sure the mobile service worked correctly and everything else on the initial installation was not done, so when other guys have come, they showed me a couple of tricks that I missed which is good. But it could have been done upfront right there. I wouldn't recommend Guardian because I'm still having issues.

Dear Felicia,
I am happy to see that you are getting the most from your Guardian Protection Services home security system. It appears that the experts in our Five Diamond 24-hour monitoring center are doing a great job in responding rapidly to your system's signals and handling each instance with the utmost courtesy. As the premiere provider of home security in Maryland, Guardian Protection Services strives to deliver a superior customer experience. Trust that we will continue to do so!

Original review: May 24, 2017

I wanted security and I like that with Guardian, I could remotely turn my alarm on and off and unlock my doors including my garage, which is a plus. The representatives and the gentleman who installed the system were great. I let the gentleman do his own thing but he was very informative while installing and he cleaned up after himself. He also demonstrated the app and showed me how to go online afterward if I need to change the passcodes. And if we haven't gone over it, then I wouldn't have enrolled. It gives me peace of mind knowing I have the system in place.

Guardian had to contact me twice and one was when the patio door for the kitchen was unlocked because the wind blew it open. And 40 minutes after I left my home, I got a text message and I wondered since I knew I closed and locked the door. But then, right after that message, someone called, which was great. I told the lady I'm not there so she called the police. The police came out, unlocked my garage and they're all in and turned off the security system. The second one was when my son was just being quick to open the door. The alarm went off and I could not figure out the code, and then I thought, "Oh, I can just go on my phone and disarm it." But they called me immediately and I told them it was just an accident. So, I like that you'll get an immediate alert of anything that's going. Most times when my alarm went off, I was sitting right at the house and immediately someone was ringing my phone.

Hi Kailash,
Thank you for the review. I appreciate your compliments on our customer service representatives and have passed them along. As the premiere provider of home security in Delaware, Guardian strives to deliver a superior customer experience. I have located your account information and asked that our representatives double-check to make sure that your services are operating as they should be.

Original review: May 23, 2017

One of my friends, who is also my neighbor, is using Guardian Protection Services. And the special thing is I can check from my iPhone. When the installation guys came two months ago, they installed it in my phone and it was working fine. And last week, Guardian removed it from my device. So, I called them and they said that they have to redo it again and they couldn't request so, it might be two days. That was the reason I got the Guardian. And if I don't have that, then it's not good. The customer service reps are helpful. I tell them what the problem is and they try to solve it. If it's not possible, then they say, "Okay. I'll give you a call." They don’t ignore you and that's good.

I had a problem with the installation because it took a long time before they gave a date. The first time they came, there is not enough information such as who’s going to come and they don’t have all the equipment. They rescheduled after one month. They said, "You have a contract now, so you have to cancel your old system." I did and because of that I did not have a security system running for half a month. The installation guy was very busy so they didn't give me the earliest date after the first people came. They said we have to change the panel and there’s some more work so we have to make another appointment because in his list it was only to change. But after that, everything was fine, I don’t have a problem. We like that we don't have to run to the panel to see which door is open. When one of the doors open, it says, “Garage door open” or “Front door open”. It's a very good system.

Hi Norman,
I am glad to hear that your Guardian security system is helping you to enjoy peace of mind and that you and your wife are using the convenient mobile app and feeling reassured with the sound level of the system. The voice feature on your keypad is activated during an emergency and lets you speak directly with Guardian's monitoring center without picking up the phone. The chime feature, when turned on, makes a sound to let you know when a monitored door or window has been opened. When the chime sounds the keypad will not speak to you but it should show you, in words, the name of the door or window which has been opened so that you are well informed. I hope this information is helpful to yo. If you have any concerns or additional questions, please do not hesitate to call our customer service representatives at 1-800-895-4805 or email me at wecare@gpsx.net . Guardian Protection Services is honored to have you as a customer and we are dedicated to your satisfaction.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Before having Guardian, I used to have Vivint, wherein it would tell me which door or window was ajar. On the other hand, Guardian only chimes when I open one of the doors, and I haven't heard any talking which I was used to with Vivint. Nevertheless, everyone from Guardian customer service has been great and they've done an outstanding job. Also, their installer explained everything and walked my wife through using the app. I love Guardian's system especially since it has a loud sound. Now, I have peace of mind.

Hi Sathyapal,
I am happy that you are finding the smartphone feature so helpful. To be able to arm your system an hour way from home is truly a peace-of-mind benefit, in addition to knowing when your child arrives home. It sounds as though you have already spoken to customer service regarding the strobe. If there are any other questions that you have, please don't hesitate to email us at wecare@gpsx.net.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 22, 2017

Guardian Protection was tied with our builder, Ryan Homes, and I just went with them. The customer service reps knew exactly what I asked for, and the experience was good. The person who came over showed me exactly where all the data points, cable points, and security system were, as well as how it worked or how to activate it. He knew exactly what was happening and was able to answer all my questions. However, my wife is 100% deaf, so I asked if I can get a strobe light hooked up to the fire alarm system, but they did not have the ability to do that. The fire alarms are really loud but I thought the strobe light would help her more than the actual alarm. Also, they have locked me in for five years, and I thought locking me in for two or three years should be enough. The only way to get out of it is if I pay for the whole five years. But other than that, everything else works fine.

I find the smartphone features really good, especially when we're an hour away from home and remember the house. We had that scenario a couple of times and we just got on the phone and made sure that the system was on. Also, when I want to know when my kid came home, I can go and check the front door sensor and see where he came in. The system has a couple of features that I was looking for and I find them very helpful. I'm feeling very secure with Guardian's system and I would recommend them.

Dear Nico,
Congratulations on your new home and thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services to help protect your home. Like you, our customers tell us what a convenience they find in being able to control the Guardian home security system from their internet-connected smartphone. I am glad that you appreciated the call from our 24-hour monitoring center. We strive to deliver peace of mind! Thank you for taking the time to write.

Original review: May 21, 2017

When the rep from Guardian Protection Services came by, he told me everything in detail and I asked a lot of questions. Then, we went to my basement. He told me about the window and how I needed protection there because I didn’t have it at first. I told him to go ahead and put protection on the windows in the basement. Everybody was very helpful. There were two guys that were here and I walked and talked with them about everything they did. They even gave me their phone numbers to give them a call if I had any question. They did the installation and the rep even put the signs up.

I bought this house but I’m here by myself so to know that I have that type of protection, I feel a little bit better. At first, I said, “Oh man, I need to get a dog. I need to get somebody else to move in with me.” I don’t need to make those extra steps to get more protection because I have them here now. I like the fact that when I’m leaving the house, if ever I forgot to put the alarm on, I could use my phone to put the alarm on. It makes me feel good because I’ve only been here for a month. Also, if anything happens within my house, it sends me a message.

Last week, I had left the garage door open and they called me and asked me if I was okay. I said, “What are you talking about? I’m fine. I’m here at work.” They said, “Well, your door is open.” I said, “What? What are you talking about?” The garage door wasn’t open but it so happened the actual door was a little bit open. They had someone come here to make sure everything was okay. I liked that because that showed me I had protection here. So if anything went down, they would know. So far, I like it. I feel more secured.

Hi Gregory,
Thank you for your review. Happy to hear that you feel a lot more secure with your Guardian Protection Services home security system. Trust that our Five Diamond monitoring service will be working for you 24/7! I have contacted our customer service supervisors and requested that they reach out to you regarding your question and also to provide you with another yard sign.

Original review: May 21, 2017

My friend Jasmine works for Guardian and she got everything taken cared of. Everything was amazing. Installation was fast and easy. My house was secured and I feel a lot more secure when I'm gone. It's good. The only thing I was wondering about is if there's a way to make the alarm just beep instead of it saying "Front door open", however I haven't had a chance to call them. I also need a yard sign because I messed up mine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of my neighbors referred me to Guardian and the sales rep who called me was very nice. She was also very knowledgeable. But I did a mess. She asked me for my Social Security Number and like an idiot, I gave it to her. I never give anybody my Social Security number and she should not have been asking for it to start with. I was not really very happy about it. Then she told me she would have a tech guy at my house the next day.

Jason, the tech guy, showed up and we went over the system including what it would do and what it’s capable of. And I took the better system that is capable of supporting cameras. He was super nice and very knowledgeable. He was also helpful and handled the installation well. We put the locks and the sensors for the six outside doors. We also put a motion detector in my garage that’s almost 100 yards away and another motion detector in the house. When we’re away, we arm it to where the motion sensor is on. When we’re here at night, we don’t put the motion sensor on so that means the motion sensor in my garage is disabled, too. That leaves me with nothing there at night. I need a way to arm the motion sensor in the garage and leave the one in the house disabled but I am not sure if Guardian's system is capable of doing that at all.

What I do not like about the system is if I’m out of the room and the alarm goes off, I can’t hear it. I know it is extremely loud to people that can hear high frequencies but I have a high frequency hearing loss. And I’m not the only one with the high frequency hearing loss as a lot of old people do. The only reason I went ahead and put it in is because my wife can hear it. But I need to be able to change the frequency of the buzzer to a lower one so I can hear it. It went off one night and I was in the next room playing a card game on the computer. My wife came through and told me the alarm’s going off but I was not hearing it. And I was only 15 paces away with the door open. We went to the system and disarmed it. Guardian's monitor guy came on and asked me if I needed police. We told him no, closed the door, and armed it again.

I was happy that worked and he came on that quickly. But my wife is in poor health and if Guardian won’t be able to change that sensor, I will discontinue my contract with them because it won’t do me good if I can’t hear it. Nevertheless, I do feel better having Guardian. So far, I am happy with their system and their service. And their process isn’t really all that bad. It’s a little pricey but I can live with that for now.

Hi Sue and Dave,
I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your system upgrades and that the remote access works well with your needs. I have reached out to our customer service department to ask them to give you a call regarding the garage door and using the app. We want to make sure that everything is working perfectly for you.

Original review: May 19, 2017

We have an upgraded system with Guardian and it's better than our previous security system, ADT. But I had an issue with the garage door remote being registered online frequently and I noticed the last night when we came home, I couldn't open it using the app. But the new system with the remote access is very good. Also, the salesperson who came to the door was fantastic.

Hi Bernardo,
Happy to hear you are enjoying the many interactive features of your Guardian home security system. Being able to control doors and arm and disarm your system through your internet-connected smartphone is, I agree, a super advantage. Thanks for taking the time to let us know!

Original review: May 19, 2017

My neighbor has Guardian Protection Services and that’s what I wanted to get too and so I did. Their reps were friendly and helpful. Their installers came in and did all the installation and got it to work. They walked me through it before they left. I like the features of the system. It's able to open my door, close the garage and activate my alarm through my phone. Having the system is better for me. I'm hardly ever home so I can see if somebody is breaking into my house. So far, everything is working great.

Hi Joann,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that your installation went so well and that the technicians impressed you with their professionalism and patience. I understand that you took the time to learn how to use the system but could use a refresher to go over things again. I have located your account information and have asked that a representative contact you.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 18, 2017

I used a different home security system before Guardian and I had to have another company for my medical alert. I liked that with Guardian, I don’t need that anymore. The rep, Anthony, was pretty good. He was very personable and respectful. The installers were the best bunch of young men I've been with in a long time. They were very cordial and very patient. They cleaned up as they went along.

I like my service with Guardian so far. I did have a problem, but it's remedied now. I also have monitors in the house and I like them. At night, I can go through my monitors if I hear someone and I like the fact that it’ll go off. When they were installing it, they showed me how to use the alarm and if I needed the police, I’d do a silent alarm. They didn’t turn it off until we looked up and the police was at my door. We all fell out laughing.

I don’t have any complaints but I really would like somebody to come back and go over things again with me. I'm 76 years old and my husband is 80. I have the book, but I'd like a comeback and then I can mark stuff in the book. Our area is where seniors have lived and I've been in this home 56 years, so security is very important at the times that we're living in right now.

Hi Liz,
Thank you for letting us know that the technician who installed your home security system took the time to explain everything so well. I am glad that you like the features of the system and hope that you will enjoy maximum use and peace of mind.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 17, 2017

The guy who came over and talked to me about getting Guardian did a lot of double-talking and tricked me into switching alarm companies. He was talking really fast. The next thing I knew, he had me signing something and before I knew it, I already switched alarm companies. I didn’t like the way he fast-talked me into this. I would have rather stayed with ADT but now I’m stuck with Guardian for five years and I’m paying more than what I was with ADT. But the installation was done really good and in a fast manner. The technician was good and I liked him. He was pleasant, didn’t fast-talk and slowed down to explain everything. He really set me up with the knowledge to run this alarm system. The features are good, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales rep was really good. He was the one who sold me my old system eight years ago. I was satisfied but he offered me a better deal and I took it. He showed me the installation of the system and it was almost the same thing. He used a lot of the parts from the other company and it worked the same way. I didn't change my code number and none of the other stuff. We talked and he got it all together just like he said he would.

I liked the system. He gave me something to wear on my neck in case I have trouble falling and in case if something happen. All I had to do was press the button on there. However, before Guardian, I had another security system for eight years and right now I'm having problems because they are both sending me bills. And I've been with Guardian now for two months. So I called them and the man said he's gonna call the Better Business Bureau and get it straightened out and that one of the payments will be given back to me because I don't want to be paying $40 and $40 for the same thing. They also told me that if they didn't in three weeks, it should be taken care of and he'll call me back. If not, I got to get a hold of them. But everything else is fine and I'm overall satisfied.

Guardian Protection Services Company Profile