Call toll free
4.23/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection provides years of experience in innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses. Guardian provides the Edge™ in high-tech, reliable options. Some services include traditional security technology including intrusion and fire detection, indoor and outdoor video security, and smart home features like automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. These services can be accessed from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens you can feel comfortable knowing that our 24/7, award-winning monitoring center will initiate a response in an average of 30 seconds or less.

Get the Guardian Edge™: More than just security; peace of mind and convenience. Call us today! We Connect What Matters!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More
Accredited
Toll free number

1944 Guardian Protection Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 4, 2019

I used to have ADT at another house and one of the primary things that used to bother me was that the alarm would just go off. And if you get too many of them, you have to pay for it. The ADT system was at a rental property, so I wasn’t there a lot of the times. The cops would have to come out because I wasn’t there to say that it was okay and that it was false alarm. One time, I would stand there and it just went off and there was nothing going on. So, it was a lot of false alarms that I wasn’t setting off. Guardian offered us to try something new, plus I was looking at video cameras.

The first rep that came was excellent. He was the actual installer and he was very patient and detailed. He didn't get irritated no matter how many questions I asked. He took his time with me and my husband over the questions that we had, especially on the online system, when we were first setting everything up. I didn’t like the way the cameras were positioned. So he went back up on the ladder and he repositioned it.

Later on, I still had to call because I wanted one changed from the side of the house to the garage, and somebody else came out for that. He was an older gentleman and his ladder wasn’t tall enough. He couldn't get up way high so he couldn’t reach it. But he was really nice and helpful as much as he could. He said he would put in to have somebody else come out. Somebody was supposed to call to come back out and nobody every called. But that was for the second go-around because for the first go-around, the younger guy did everything that I asked him to do.

I like the features in my system. I bring up the app on my tablet and phone. But I noticed that I can't bring up the doorbell on the computer. I can only bring it up on the tablet or smartphone. So when I’m on the computer and I pull up all the cameras live, it pulls up everything, but the doorbell camera. The rep told me that I can bring it up but it won't be live. It will only be video that have been saved throughout the day that triggered the doorbell. But other than that, I like it a lot. It was really nice that Guardian was able to put the alarm on this house. When we go to sleep at night, it is extra security. When my husband’s not home, I can put it on. It is good knowing that I can do that, and if these doors opened up, it would set off the alarm. I like that.

Hi Jacqui,

Thank you for sharing a helpful and detailed review of your customer experience! Guardian Protection is proud to provide you with additional peace of mind every day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had moved into a house with a Guardian system in it. That was about 17 years ago. The interaction with the rep from Guardian has been very good. My two most recent episodes had been when I moved into the house that I'm in now. It was being built. A sales rep actually came out. We discussed various options. It was all good information, and he was very helpful.

I had another discussion about a month or so ago with an in-office inside sales person. Having read my contract and if it started if I did nothing, the contract would roll over for another five years which is way too long for anything to roll over. But the rep was very helpful in, first of all, agreeing that we would go on a month to month basis when this contract terminated. But we both agreed that probably around April or May of this year, we would discuss various other renewal options for the security system in the house and different products that are now available through Guardian. So it's all very good.

Also, the overall features were great. But one caveat about them is that I just have a very basic, barebones system here. That's really all that I feel that I need, although I am open to further discussion when I talk to the sales folks in April or May. Also, I don’t like the pricing on the system. It's $45 a month, and when I balked at that, almost five years ago when the house was being constructed, I was told that that monthly premium or fee embraced the fact that they were installing a system in the house, and they wanted to amortize it over five years.

I get that, but I came from a home where the billing was about $27 a month because the system had been installed a long time ago and I was on a month to month. The pricing is a bit high, for what other competitors are offering. And when I spoke to the salesperson, I told him that we need to talk about that and we need to see what's available going forward.

And another critique was the system alarm went off one time. I was away and about 650 miles from home. For whatever reason, Guardian called the police before they called me. That was just unacceptable because I had to pay the police for a false alarm. It was at that point that the Guardian rep told me that sometimes, these systems will go off if a fly or a spider is on or moves across the motion detector.

I never knew that and it has concerned me every time I leave this house and I put the motion detector on. So that's a technical issue that we need to talk about going forward because I don’t want false alarms especially if I'm out of state. I don’t want to pay the police to come out here and look at a house that's got a false alarm going on. Even so, any time that I've needed Guardian, they have been available for consultation. They are also very easy to deal with.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for sharing detailed feedback on your customer experience. It's great to hear you have been a member of the Guardian Protection family for so long and we appreciate your business. Please message us here or call 1-800-PROTECT with any additional system questions.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We built a new home and when we were selecting the things for our house, Guardian representatives came to our home. Plenty of our neighbors opted not to have Guardian installed, but we chose to have it installed. And we’re still with them for about eight years now. Their monthly monitoring fee has gone up twice since we’ve been with Guardian and nobody has complained about it. Then when calling in with a question or a problem, the first representative you speak to leaves something to be desired. They are very inflexible.

About a month ago, we kept getting a low battery alarm on the recorder. My husband frequently travels so the recorder is important. And when I go to bed at night, I like knowing that if somebody comes in, I’m gonna know who it is. I called Guardian about it and the individual that answered the phone asked me if I put a battery in it. I told him that I did not because it was the third time in six weeks and that something was wrong with the unit. He looked back and saw that we had calls and had a service call. He then said that they would have to send somebody up to come out.

The first available date that the rep gave me was 10 days away, but I wasn’t okay with that. 10 days is a long time when you are talking about home protection. But he said that he couldn’t make any appointments for anything other than the first available date. Then I asked to speak to his supervisor, but it was 7 o’clock in the evening. There was no supervisor present and that he was the on-call person. I would have to call back the next day and speak to someone else because it was not acceptable. But before I could call back the next day, a technician called and said that he had an opening. He finished a job on the other side of our neighborhood and he could be there in 20 minutes. He came and he replaced the unit.

I also asked the technician why we kept having the low battery thing. We put the proper batteries in it and it should last for longer than two weeks. He went downstairs and he came back and said that the problem was the communication box. It needs to be located on the first floor, not in the basement. The unit tries too hard to connect with the box, which is what comes to our monitoring center, and it is eating up our batteries. So, he moved the unit up on the first floor in a very discreet location. Everything has been operating wonderfully since. It was the worst experience I’ve had, but it was resolved very easily as soon as I talked to a technician. We have also encouraged other people who are building to have Guardian installed. They offered free installation while we were building the house. And Guardian is the perfect way to go.

Hello Mary,

Thank you for including Guardian Protection in your home build! We appreciate your feedback and loyalty over the years and I'm glad to hear the technician took care of your initial issues.

Sincerley,

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I had Guardian Protection at my other house for 15 years and I didn’t have any issues until we moved. I called to let them know that we were building another house and to have it prewired just like we had the previous one. I was told that they no longer needed to prewire and that everything was wireless. So, we did not have the house prewired and it was almost like a domino effect. It wasn’t until the tech came out to install it that everybody realized it would have been easier if it was prewired. When the guy came, we wanted the keypads on the wall and they had to be placed near an outlet, because now, they had to run something from there to an outlet as opposed to having it behind the wall.

One had to be run behind the wall and there was a problem. We had to call an electrician to fix it. I'm not really thrilled with the fact that I tried to get this house prewired so we didn’t have any issues and then we ended up dealing with a whole different system. We had to wait for an electrician to come out and we had to unplug one. The battery backup wore out and when we plugged it back in, it was like tripping all of our systems. We had to have Guardian come back out. It was just a battery replacement but something had to be reset. Everything they quoted us was way less than we really needed or we should have had. So, we ended up paying a lot more for this system install.

My old system was very simple, but in the 15 years that I had it, I didn’t talk to Guardian as much as I talked to them in the three weeks that we had this one here. Some of it is just the new technology but a lot of it went back to the fact that the sales department told me I didn’t need to have this house prewired before the walls were up. But now, we have our pads where we want them although I would have preferred to have all the keypads on the walls and now, I have one sitting on a dresser in the master bedroom. It's okay but it wasn’t nearly as easy as my first experience.

Also, they told us it's $2 more for a paper bill which we would have been getting together at our house. We said we would do the online direct debit or auto-pay. There was one that was supposed to come out and we're supposed to get a notification and I don’t believe I've gotten one. In worst-case scenarios, if it's an issue, we pay $2 more a month which is not that big of a deal. Other than that, everything has been fine since the initial frustration. I would still recommend Guardian. I would tell people if they were building a new house to not let Guardian tell them that they don’t need to prewire and I would tell them to insist.

Hi Kristi,

Thank you for the informative phone review of your experience with Guardian Protection. We appreciate your business and loyalty over the years; I'm sorry to hear about the frustration with the move. If we can ever be of further assistance please message or call.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

The house that we bought was using Guardian Protection Services at the time to hook up the systems. Overall, I’m happy with them. Every time I call and have a problem they take care of me. But dealing with their customer service rep was the worst experience I’ve ever had in my life. They set up an appointment so they could come out. I called and asked about the doorbell and they were explaining to me that it was backordered so I bought one. Then I have another motion sensor. When I come down my steps to check if somebody’s going up or coming down, sometimes it doesn’t catch it. I asked if I could add another motion sensor and they said that I could.

I also told them that when I’m upstairs in my master’s bedroom, I couldn’t hear the keypad. I asked if there was any way we could add a new keypad to the master’s bedroom and they said they could. I asked what the cost was and they said a hundred bucks. I verified that when people come in to install these stuff, I would only pay 100 bucks and they guys said yes.

Then their guy came out to my house. First of all, he couldn’t really speak English on me. Then he hooked up the motion sensor and then once he’s finished that, he said, “Oh, by the way I don’t have the keypad or the doorbell. I have to go and pick up the keypad.” And I’m like, “Why didn’t you say something earlier?” The guy left my house and they called me back about four o’clock in the afternoon and said that the guy wants to comeback at seven o’clock. I told them, “I have to get up and go to work the next day and you’re gonna finish a wire down my wall to my basement and you come in at seven o’clock at night. Come on, let’s be for real. That ain’t gonna work.”

So they cancelled and rescheduled that appointment because the guy who was supposed to come back the same day never came. Another guy came out and he installed everything, put everything up in the house and asked me to sign a couple documents that I barely see the bottom of that column. The next thing I knew, I got a bill of 475 bucks. I’ve contacted them about it and said that if I knew it was gonna be that much, I would’ve just went with the Link system and did it myself. Also, the equipment that they had were old and could be updated. Their smartphone features couldn’t give a notification when somebody goes in and out. Guardian told me they would have to pull the phone record because everything was recorded. So she caught it and said that they heard what the guy said about the 100 bucks and that they were gonna credit the difference of 400 bucks which they did at the end of the day.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed phone review regarding your installation experience with Guardian. I'm glad to hear the issues eventually got worked out and you are happy with the services. We look forward to providing your family with peace of mind.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Original review: June 12, 2019

Guardian's customer service reps are courteous. They treat me with respect. The technicians have also been efficient and responsive. One unit that is kind of the hub of it all has had problems, and they have come out and repaired it without any hassle. They've now replaced that unit. Overall, I'm glad that I have the security system. And it gives my wife in particular a measure of sense of security.

Hello Edward,

Thank you for taking the time to share a wonderful customer review. It's great to hear that the professionally installed and monitored security system is bringing your family the additional peace of mind you deserve. Thank you for your continued business!

Original review: June 12, 2019

Guardian Protection was very proactive. When I called in, they offered me a promotion as a new customer. Their system that was at our house that we bought was a little bit older. So, they updated the system at no cost and I just signed up for 60 months contract. When we moved in, they sent a person to do the upgrade, but the motion sensor was not updated, and that defaulted. So, the moment after the person left, we couldn’t activate the alarm. They had to come back the following week. But was not a real problem. They were very quickly to arrange for.

Their app is very helpful. I’m amazed because I've been doing a lot of work around the house, and every time that I touch something, the system tells me that somebody’s tampering with it. We were painting and I removed one of the smoke detectors, and the system doesn’t like that at all. So, I'm learning about the system. It’s just good that you go home and you feel that at least you’re not gonna walk into someone in the house. My wife is home alone more than I want to so it’s good for her to have it. It's my first experience with a home security and so far, so good. And the price is competitive.

Hi Raul,

Thank you for taking the time to review your customer experience. Guardian Protection is proud to help protect your world with innovative security solutions. Please give us a call any time we can be of further technical assistance!

Original review: June 11, 2019

Guardian Protection's customer service team was nice and informative. The service techs are very knowledgeable. I like them and I like that they actually work for the company. Also, the sales rep was very informative. He’s the one that actually sold me their system. He worked with me and gave me a better discount on upgrading my keypad.

Installing our Guardian system was very easy. Their tech came in. He was very professional. He installed the system and showed me that everything was working, and made sure everybody who’s here knew how to operate the system. I did like that, too. He was very courteous and answered all our questions. The experience was really pleasant and easy.

The system is very nice. I really like it. I like the updates of the system, too. The only thing is that they don’t offer a door camera. I do have the automatic lock, which is nice. But I would prefer to have a camera system versus the automatic lock. But other than that, the system is great. I love the way it operates. It's very easy and the keypad is very bright. The siren is very loud and overall, the system is very up-to-date. Guardian’s smart phone features are very good. Every time the door chimes, it’s telling me the system is disarmed or I do get a ping on my phone. I also like that I can actually set it though my phone.

Right now,everything’s been good. The only thing I did have a problem was the motion sensor. I called customer service and they walked me through the troubleshoot, which didn’t work. They had a tech respond very quickly. He came out, went through the system, checked the system, and he showed me what was going on with the motion sensor and I told him I still wasn’t really happy about that. He said, “Look. I’ll just change it out just to be on the safe side.” He changed it out and I was happy with that. I was happy with him. He really knew what he was doing.

Hi Keith,

Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed and informative review of your customer experience. It's wonderful to hear the sales and service experiences went above and beyond expectations. Guardian Protection is proud to protect your world; thank you for your business!

Original review: June 11, 2019

I got a camera outside and one extra doorbell through Guardian. It was cool. At my other house, I had the camera inside the house so that’s a little different than what Guardian had. I just had to troubleshoot my Guardian doorbell a couple of times to get it jumpstarted again. Also, I’m getting a lot of texts from them. I had cut off notifications and I’m still getting emails. I don’t need to know every time a door opens up and that’s what it does with the email. Besides that, everything else is pretty good.

Hi Curtis,

Thank you for taking the time to share your customer experience. It's great to hear you are enjoying the camera services; please give us a call if we can help you with the email notifications further.

Original review: June 10, 2019

We bought a new house and the previous owners had Guardian's system. We changed stuff as we didn't want them knowing all the combinations and we had several positive interactions with their reps. Though we had to deal with the difficulty of their four-hour windows, the set up of the equipment wasn't too bad. Their techs were very capable and nice to deal with. Since then, I've been happy with my system. I've also been liking Guardian's smart phone features which are nice when we're out of town.

Hi John,

Thank you for activating your Guardian Protection home security system! Also thank you for the feedback on your service experience. Guardian Protection is proud to help protect your world every day.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I was disappointed to find out that we pay almost double what most people pay because our salesman, who was a subcontractor in this area, led us to believe that each camera cost an additional $10 on our service. We found out we could have as many cameras as we want, it was just a resolution issue. We are paying $75 a month, based on two cameras, when every single other person I know are paying in the 50's. And I should've been paying $55 a month plus tax.

I’m also stuck in a contract for five years which bothers me because I believed that our only option was the five-year lease when I found out afterwards that that’s not true. I'm happy with Guardian and happy with the response of it. But I feel like I was cheated. I was definitely misinformed. I’m still paying the same amount. Nobody is changing it. But we’ve had no problem with Guardian in any other way. I’m happy with my system.

Hi Sheri,

Thank you for the feedback on your customer experience. Guardian attempts to offer competitive pricing for top of the line smart home security systems; however I will have a Customer Loyalty specialist reach out to see how we can help with the billing further. Thank you for your continued business and we will be here to help protect your world.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Everybody whom I've spoken with at Guardian has been very respectful. They try to explain their answer without making me feel stupid. The installers came and explained what they were gonna do. They got permission to draw holes on the wall where they had to and cleaned up their mess before they had left. So far, I love the features that are offered with my system. I also really like the app with which I can control my house from my cellphone. However, we all went out-of-state one time and while we were gone, we got a notification letting us know that our security system had been disarmed.

Nobody in the state had access to our code, so, I don't know how it got deactivated when nobody was home. That time, I told my mom to get in her car and drive over to my place and check my house. When she got to my place, I unlocked the front door and deactivated the code for her to come in. Nobody was there and so I got on the phone and I just locked the house back up and reset the alarm. Despite that system malfunction, I'm very satisfied with my Guardian system and I've recommended them to other people.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for reviewing your customer experience. It's wonderful to hear the installers treated you with the respect that you deserve and we are happy to help protect your world every day.

Original review: June 9, 2019

We moved into a new house and Guardian was the one that installed everything in it so we decided to go with them. Guardian has been great. A couple of times from cooking, the alarm went off and they always called. I've called with a few technical questions a few times and they've always been helpful. This last time, our electronic lock went bad and we had to replace it. They came out relatively quickly within a few days and were able to replace it. The technician checked it and got the mechanism working. But he never checked the keypad and I had to explain to him the keypad was bad. That was when they decided they needed to change the lock because the keypad wasn't working. But it was the little more costly than I would've hoped. If I had done it myself, I probably could've done it much cheaper but I don't know that I would've gotten the same lock.

We like the system. When they came and connected the system, we had them install one additional smoke alarm that went directly to them as well because our smoke alarms weren't tied in to their system. Customizing the package was fairly easily done. Not only did we have the extra smoke and carbon monoxide alarm, but we also had an in-law suite and we had an extra electronic lock set up there. My wife uses it as a teaching studio so the students come in with their codes. We have a housekeeper that comes in with a code too, and it all works great.

Hi David,

Thank you for taking the time to review your customer experience with Guardian! It's great to hear you activated your security system with us and thank you for the feedback on your service experience. Have a safe day with Guardian Protection.

Original review: June 8, 2019

We had Guardian once before but then somebody told me that they were out of business so we changed over to a different provider. We went with them again and the installation was all right. We've gotten good service so far as well.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for switching back to Guardian Protection! We have been in business for 60 years and we appreciate your continued business.

Original review: June 8, 2019

My husband traveled and I was nervous about being home alone. My neighbor had a security system, not through Guardian, but I started looking and Guardian's price was right when they were gonna put it into my house. At that point, I only had to pay for the phone hookup and all the equipment came with it. It was something I felt more secure with with two little kids. Someone did try to break in my house a couple of years after we had Guardian. They had tried to get into a door. It would have been the door with the monitor system. My neighbor came home and scared them away. They had gotten other houses on the next street, but thank heavens, they didn’t get into mine.

I’ve probably had Guardian for 20 years and it’s been a good experience. The reps are always very pleasant. Thank heavens, we haven’t really had any trouble. I’m very satisfied with Guardian. It’s kind of our daily routine. I have recommended them at that time to my mother and my daughter now has Guardian.

Hello Marikay,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your home security needs! It's wonderful to hear the system is providing your family with extra peace of mind; that is always the goal. Guardian is proud to protect your world and thanks you for your business.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We had a different home security provider in the past and Guardian is more responsive and quicker. If I ever have anything going off, they always get in contact with me. Their customer service is very good. I never had a problem in terms of the monitoring with Guardian but I've had a problem with the distributor of the system and when they put it in. They were horrible. They connected it wrong and it would short out our phone. They would blame the phone company and the phone company would say, "No. It isn't. It's the people who installed it." It was everyday from the time they installed it until this tech who fixed it came.

Hi Adele,

Thank you for taking the time to leave helpful feedback on your customer experience. I'm sorry to hear of the initial issues with the installation but glad to hear it was eventually worked out. Please reach out here or call 1-800-PROTECT if we can ever be of further assistance. Our goal is to protect your world and provide additional peace of mind every day.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I had a prior security service wherein we constantly had false alarms and our sensors wouldn't work. I liked the upgrades of service and materials used by Guardian so I went with them. Their installers were in and out quickly and did not leave a mess. They cleaned up well and explained everything very efficiently. We customized our system to our needs and the quality of the equipment we got has been good. The system works very well. Thus far, their reps have been very prompt and quick to respond in a very positive way. Having Guardian has been a pleasant experience and I'll continue to use them.

Hi David,

Thank you for switching to Guardian Protection! It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed the installation and the quality of the services. Guardian Protection is dedicated to helping to protect what mattes most to you every day. Thank you for your continued business.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 6, 2019

The Guardian representative I dealt with was very nice, very knowledgeable, and told us a lot of things. He did an excellent job. The installation of our equipment went well. And the system normally does all right just like now that it's working. We've had a lot of trouble with Guardian. The door lock wouldn't work. The video camera that we had installed worked, then it quit for a long time. Then they never would send anybody out here. We went almost a year trying to get somebody to do something about it. So, I'm not happy with the whole deal.

I finally talked to a manager and told him I was ready to cancel it out. The last man that was out here finally figured out what was wrong. Guardian seemed to finally got the thing. But I wouldn't recommend Guardian. They could improve their service. When I get a problem and we can't fix it, and Guardian sends somebody out here, I don't think I ought to be charged for a person coming out here to fix the problem.

Hello Harrell,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your equipment as it will help us improve the customer experience. I have looked into your account and see we have sent a service tech to correct the issues on 5/16/19. If you are still experiencing any issues please message here or email wecare@guardianprotection.com. Thank you!

Original review: June 6, 2019

The battery on my Guardian wall unit ran out. Their techs said they were gonna come out and put a new battery in. I'm paying them $43 a month for five years but then they're telling me that they gotta charge me a $25 service charge to come out and fix the unit in my house. I don't feel really good about that. Currently, I don't have any service. Additionally, Guardian can't schedule me until the 17th and I'm out of town. I told them I won't be back until the 20th. It's been three weeks that I haven't had service but they're still gonna bill me. Their reps told me that when their techs get my system fixed, I should call them and they will adjust my bill. Even so, I wasn't confident that they were even gonna do that. While customer service has been fine, I'm debating around whether I will just cancel and do away with Guardian at this point.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your customer experience. I have looked into your account and see that a technician replaced the panel and transmitter batteries on 6/17/19. If you are still experiencing any issues please email us. Thank you for your continued business!

Original review: June 4, 2019

The service we had during the installation was great. The gentleman that installed our system was nothing but helpful. I may add another camera at some point but I need a call from Guardian regarding my billing. I need to get it corrected and the rep's arranging that. He said somebody was gonna call me.

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to review your customer experience; it's great to hear you enjoyed the security system installation. I have looked into your account and see a billing representative has mailed out documents to help with the questions. If you are still experiencing any issues please message back here or email us.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Guardian was cost-effective at the time I got them 20 years ago. The reps have usually been helpful but lately, I’ve been having an issue getting a replacement part which is for a magnetic target for a sensor. I've been trying to get one for over a month and they sent me the wrong part three times. I’m on my fourth time now. But Guardian has been pretty reliable over the past 20 years. I got a traditional system and that’s what I like about it. I just set it and leave. The quality is suitable too.

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for being a such a long time customer of Guardian Protection! We have appreciated your business over the years and the opportunity to help protect what matters most to you. I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the magnet; if you are still experiencing troubles please reply here or email us so we may look into this for you.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 3, 2019

The key power was shorting out in the middle of the night. So I was putting my code to disarm the system and it would immediately flip back and try to arm itself. So as long as I was standing there putting in my code, it would disarm and flip over. But then it started randomly putting in numbers and arming itself. Eventually, the alarm did go off. But in the meantime, I had called the 800 number. I was talking to someone and he walked me through everything I needed to do. I had to unplug the system, take the keypads apart and take the backup battery out. During this entire time, the alarm was just wailing. I could hardly hear him. But he was very nice. He told me not to worry and that he was gonna stay right there on the phone until we get it resolved. I was worried that the police would come but he said they wouldn't and that they had let the police know. He helped me through it and got it all taken care of.

He also put in a call for someone to come the next day to set up the repair. It was very stressful but they did a good job and took care of me. I was very pleased with the service. I have my home with D.R. Horton Homes and it was actually Guardian's system that was in there. Guardian was a better deal too, as far as cost. The guy gave me the list of all the different options and told me that they have a very basic one. I told him that was what I wanted to start with. I'm not into all the technology and being able to turn my life off and on from my phone. So I really just have the basic service and I'm happy with it. It serves its purpose. It does what I want it to do.

I'm single. I just have me and my little dog so I feel much safer having the Guardian system. I don't arm it at night because I have actually set it off before, getting up in the morning, opening the door and letting my little dog out. But I do arm it when I'm gone for work then also if I go somewhere for a weekend. It makes me feel better knowing that I have that extra level of security.

Hi Valerie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your customer support experience. I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the panel but I'm glad the phone representative treated you with high regard and got the issue corrected. Please give us a call anytime we can be of further technical assistance.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 2, 2019

I bought a home from Lennar builders and I was told that Guardian services has been installed in my home and I have to sign a contract for three years. When I wanted to cancel the contract before three years, the customer service representative told me that I‘ll have to pay a 750 dollar early termination fee per contract. This was mentioned in the contract and I did not cancel it. In the final year of the contract, I wanted to put a driveway security camera and called Guardian to install it, I was told to put a sign of 60 months contract. I refused to sign and told them that I am not fine with the early termination fee. I was assured there will not be such fee and I read completely through the contract and signed it and installed a security camera. Now 36 months have been completed and I wanted to cancel Guardian. I have been still asked to pay 750 dollars.

When I refused, I was first told it was In the second contract and when I said there was no such thing mentioned in the second contract, I was told it was the cost of camera and when I said that the camera is not so costly and they can take it, I was told that the first contract for 36 months is the real contract, if I sign it then I have to pay even if I cancel their other contracts. Guys I am not even at my home and moved out but still Guardian will not cancel my service if I don’t pay 750 dollars. I paid for 36 months and still stuck because I installed a new camera. Guys please don’t get stuck like me. It was a bitter experience that I don’t want service and I am penalized for nothing.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I previously had Slomins, and I had an older system and they wouldn’t change it. Since Guardian was getting in preconstruction and stuff was being done, I had them do it. Their system is easy to understand, but the first two guys that came weren’t helpful. They were in a hurry and they couldn't wait to get out of here. I had somebody else that came another day and he was really good. Also, there was one issue a few weeks ago when I didn’t realize I couldn't open my windows ‘cause the guy put the contacts in the wrong place. But I worked at it and opened it really wide.

I drive customer service crazy ‘cause I can’t keep taking days off for them to come. It used to be that if I saw the guy in the neighborhood and I had a problem, he'd come in. Also, I’m a little disappointed that I'm back up to full price since I got half the first year because they did not want to lose me. Nonetheless, I really like that if I call Guardian for an emergency or something’s wrong, they tell me how to do it. One time, for some reason, I had to leave and I couldn’t set the alarm. They told me to do it through my phone.

Hi Michele,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs and for providing great feedback. We are proud to protect your world every day and are happy to help.

Original review: June 2, 2019

From a conversation point of view, Guardian's customer service is fine. It's just that it took more than one call to get what I wanted done. There were times when I wasn't getting any good service and I had to call multiple times. My wife was ready to pull the plug. When the guy came to re-establish my connection with my phone line, I never got a bill. Since I made the call and had the guy come here, I understood it was gonna cost me. What it was gonna cost me, I didn't know. What I got all of a sudden is a notice that I owe Guardian for the time he was here in May. I paid it, but that's an issue.

When we had the hurricane, the lines went down. My system wasn't working. Though they've been able to fix it, it took me three phone calls to get them to have somebody come here to see what had happened. The last one was when I had an analog line and I switched it over to my fiber optic and connected it. The guy had to come out here and do a connection. That one was done relatively quick and easy, but it cost me $195.

Hello James,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your customer service and billing experience as it will help us improve. Guardian Protection is proud to help protect your world and we appreciate your business. Please give us a call or email anytime we can be of further assistance.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 1, 2019

We’ve had Guardian for a few years and it's been a good company. They’ve always worked with me. The system went off on accident and the response time was very good. They’re also very friendly people. I've never encountered anyone being rude. They’ve been very helpful with everything that I've had with or had any questions about.

Hi Norma,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security services. We are proud to help protect your world every day with smart home security solutions. Have a safe day!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 31, 2019

When I’ve upgraded some of the existing devices in the home and a couple of times when we called out for service, everything’s been really great. Guardian has been fairly responsive and the technicians were fine. They wore badges appropriately credentialed from Guardian. They weren’t just some third party random contractors. The work they did seems pretty solid so that’s good. The items that they installed haven’t malfunctioned in any way that I can tell so that’s a plus. Whenever I’ve had service techs or their evaluators come through, they’ve been very respectful of my home. They take off their shoes or put on their shoe guards so I appreciate that.

One of my biggest critiques of their offerings is that the smoke, heat, and carbon monoxide units are separate. They would do multiple installations of those multiple units. It would be better if there was just one unit that did all those functions so that way, I have less stuff in my home. The other thing is they use Z-Wave protocol technology and not all of their items appropriately integrate with that just yet. Z-Wave keypad doesn’t interact with Nest or any Wi-Fi. So, you sort of swap into a Z-Wave infrastructure if you want to change the thermostats in your house that hasn’t worked appropriately with your keypad. Something to allow connectivity to different protocols would be helpful.

We’ve had a couple of false alarms, but they’ve always been prompt in calling so I appreciated that. On a day to day basis, we don’t really worry about our security. Guardian is good to have as a monitoring when I activate it. That makes me feel confident when I turn it on at night. If there’s a sensor that goes off, it’s nice to know that it’s active and it’s just another set of eyes. The system is gonna be handy the one time in 20 years when we have a break-in or something real happens, and that’s what you pay all this money for. I’m hoping that if and when it ever happens, that’s when they’re ready to shine.

The features offered in the system is tiered for whatever you wanna spend. I spent a lot and I got what I paid for. I’m not sure that there’s a real difference between any of the providers but for what you’re getting, a lot of the other security providers charge a less significant amount. Also, Guardian locks you in to a long-term contract. They could charge a little less for what they provide and still be in line with the rest.

Hello Cipriano,

Thank you for taking the time to share your customer experience with Guardian Protection! We have appreciate your business and the opportunity to upgrade your devices. Guardian Protection will work hard to protect your world every day.

Original review: May 30, 2019

We're very satisfied with Guardian Protection. I like the service that I have now very well. I've had very good interaction with Guardian's sales rep. Everything was terrific. As far as the installation, it was good. The guy was really friendly. He seemed like he knew what he was doing and everything went smoothly. We like the functionality and performance of our system a lot. And the quality of the equipment is good. Guardian Protection is a good thing to have to make you feel secure.

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for taking the time to share a 5 star review of your customer experience! Guardian Protection is honored to protect your world every day and please let us know if we can ever be of further assistance.

Original review: May 30, 2019

We were building a new home and Guardian Protection Services was the provider there. We went with them and their reps were good. Any questions which I asked, they answered properly. So far, their equipment has been working. I'd recommend Guardian to a friend.

Hello Jitendra,

Thank you for building your new home with Guardian Protection! We are proud to offer smart home security solutions that will provide you additional peace of mind every day. We thank you for your feedback and business.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 29, 2019

Guardian's representatives were great. They were taking their time to understand what my problem was. They were perfect. The features that are offered in my Guardian system are fine, and the quality of the equipment is good.

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for being a part of the Guardian Protection family! It's great to hear you have enjoyed the customer service interaction and we look forward to providing you additional peace of mind everyday with professionally monitored security.

Guardian Protection expert review by Ben Mannes

Choose from three professionally installed security packages. Options are wired and wireless, with 36-month contracts. Packages above the basic level are warrantied for the life of the system.

• Flexible packages: With multiple packages and more than a dozen add-on upgrades, Guardian Protection Services offers some of the most customizable home security options.

• Smart Home Automation: The company's home automation controls Z-Wave powered thermostats, lights, locks and garage doors from an Internet-connected smartphone.

• Best Price Guarantee: Guardian Protection Services’ Best Price Guarantee says the company will match any written or web-based quote for comparable home security system installation.

• Monitoring: Guardian Protection Services never subcontracts its monitoring service, and their central station responds to signals in an average of 30 seconds or less.

• Relocation guarantee: Consumers who have had Guardian for at least one year are covered by the company’s Relocation Guarantee and will receive a free basic system at their new home and a 25 percent discount on upgrades. Interested consumers should contact Guardian for details and restrictions.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Guardian Protection Company Information