Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.32/5

Guardian Protection has years of experience providing innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses in DE, FL, IN, MD, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WV and Washington, D.C. Guardian offers traditional security technology, including intrusion and fire detection, plus indoor and outdoor video security and smart home features, including automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. You can access these services from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens, Guardian’s 24/7, award-winning monitoring center initiates responses in an average of 30 seconds or less.

BOTTOM LINE

Guardian Protection offers customized plans with three- to five-year contracts. It also has a Home Theft Protection Guarantee, so if there is a break-in at your house, Guardian Protection pays $500 toward your deductible.

PROS

• Free installation
  • Home Theft Protection Guarantee
  • Highly praised customer service

CONS

• Not available nationwide

Top Guardian Protection Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

I'm single. I just have me and my little dog so I feel much safer having the Guardian system … I do arm it when I'm gone for work then also if I go somewhere for a weekend. It makes me feel better knowing that I have that extra level of security.

My husband traveled and I was nervous about being home alone … I started looking and Guardian's price was right when they were gonna put it into my house … I’ve probably had Guardian for 20 years and it’s been a good experience. I’m very satisfied with Guardian.

Guardian Protection Call Now Toll Free (844) 277-9642 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Guardian Protection packages

All Guardian Protection packages include 24/7 monitoring, professional installation and app access. The most basic package from Guardian Protection includes a state-of-the-art IQ2 security panel and a home automation controller. It also comes with PowerG wireless intrusion technology for more secure encryption, longer range and better battery life.

Guardian Protection also customizes smart home security packages based on your needs.

To get started, speak with a Guardian Protection representative — they can walk you through different plan options and help you choose the best one to protect your home.

Guardian Protection products

For a full Guardian home technologies price list, it’s best to contact the company directly. Popular equipment from Guardian Protection includes:

• Motion sensor systems
  • Glass break detectors
  • Video doorbells
  • Indoor and outdoor cameras
  • Smart garage door openers
  • Smart door locks
  • Door and window sensors

Guardian Protection installation

Guardian Protection security systems must be professionally installed. However, the company includes the installation fee in all customized packages. Guardian Protection’s technicians test your system to make sure it works properly. These installers also evaluate your property for weak security spots or areas of concern.

Guardian Protection FAQ

Is Guardian Protection available in my state?
Guardian Protection services are available in:
  • Delaware
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia
What do reviews say about Guardian Protection?
Guardian Protection reviews mention Guardian’s quick alarm response times and helpful customer service.
How to cancel Guardian Protection services?
Contact Guardian Protection directly if you wish to cancel a Guardian Protection service contract, but be aware the company has a strict cancellation policy. If you cancel, you must still pay 100% of your remaining balance.

Do we recommend Guardian Protection?

We recommend Guardian Protection. We like Guardian’s Home Theft Protection Guarantee, which provides $500 toward your insurance deductible after a break-in. We also like Guardian Protection's smart home features that make it easy to stay on top of your home security. Just make sure that Guardian Protection provides service in your state.

Guardian Protection Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I've been with Guardian for several years now. They've done very well. Whenever I have a problem, I can get ahold of somebody fairly easily. They don't have a very automated system, so when you call them, you can get ahold of an actual person. The only thing that I ever had a gripe about really is scheduling service, trying to get somebody to come to the house. Sometimes, it's a couple of weeks out. Other than that, everything has been fine.

Whenever I have an alarm, they're on top of it. They’re always there when I need them. Their response time is excellent. When I have an alarm, they call me within 10 seconds. That's the most important thing to me. They also don't bother me with unwanted things or try to push extra things on me randomly, like with calls. If I had any type of suggestion, it might be a little bit more awareness with the product, possibly having an ability to update this system after a period of years. I recommended them to my brother, who lives in the area. He ended up going with them as well.

Hi George,
Thank you for being a long-time Guardian customer. We are honored to be your security partner and equally so to be the security systems company that you recommended to your brother. I am happy to hear that you have found Guardian to deliver to your satisfaction - especially in the all-important function of rapid response to your alarm system's signals. Our 24-hour monitoring center never sleeps so that you can have the peace of mind that you deserve. I do appreciate your patience with us in the area of scheduling service. We have experienced some backlog due to the pandemic. As a matter of routine, we generally offer low cost upgrades to our customers' systems in return for an extension of the term of the monitoring agreement. You may want to check with our customer care team about this. They work extended hours and are here Sunday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST and can be reached by calling 1-800-PROTECT (800-776-8328). Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection and for taking the time to provide us insightful and helpful comments. It is greatly appreciated.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Before using Guardian Protection, I used two different home security systems, one of which was Protection 1. The Guardian system that I have now is better. The only thing that ticked me off was I was still under contract with Protection 1, and Chris, who was the salesman, told me, “Well, if you are, we’ll go ahead and pay what you owe off.” After that, I never saw him again or heard from him, and I end up paying $1,000 -- it was not that I couldn’t afford it. When I contacted Guardian, he wasn't working there anymore.

But I had some new stuff put in because my smoke detector wasn’t hooked up to the system and it kept beeping. I’ve got vaulted ceilings here and it’s right at the top. I’d had to get a ladder that was 15-foot tall in order to get up there. And I had changed it once, a couple years ago, but a little bit younger then and I did not feel like climbing up ladders. So, I had called Guardian, had them put in a new smoke detector which is hooked up to my panel, and it’s at a place where if the battery needs to be changed, I can just get on a stool and take it off.

But they also put in a carbon dioxide checker too. And they put that where if there was carbon monoxide in the house from my heater or something, it would show up. And I’ve never had a problem with carbon monoxide, but you cannot take a chance. So, I had them put it in. It was expensive, but I could afford it. I knew it was gonna cost me because they told me ahead of time what it was gonna cost, which was okay. When they put the system in, they didn’t charge me anything. It was one of those advertisement things where they come around all the time. All you have to do is pay the first payments and that is it, which is fine.

So, now, if something happens where I got smoke and it sets the alarm off, I can go to the panel and put my code in and have the thing shut off because I have had smoke in here one time. I had oil in a cast-iron frying pan and I was curing it, so I had it on fire under it. And I forgot about it and went to the bedroom, and I was talking to my wife. So, all of a sudden, the siren goes off and I came running in there and the house was full of smoke. I then went ahead and opened the doors and everything else and tried to shut the thing off. It took me a couple of times before there was no smoke.

I called up Protection 1 and told them, “I just had a little problem with smoke on my stove.” My wife said, “Everything’s taken care of. Please, don’t send anybody out.” The fire department come over, however, and parked out in front of my house, and I told them what happened. Overall, Guardian has been good. If I’ve had something wrong, they’d come out and fix it. Also, the guy who did the installation did a good job and he took care of business. He was very pleasant to talk to as well.

Hi Edward,

Thank you for providing detailed feedback on your customer experience. It's great to hear you are finding the security system reliable and the customer care helpful. We appreciate your continued business very much.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Guardian is much superior than the other provider that I've used in the past. Their tech seemed very capable. I needed a strobe put in because I have a hearing problem, and he haven't done that before, but he sat and figured it out and got it in just fine. He had to order the strobe light and come back a second day. They don't carry them. I happen to live in a town that has a lot of elderly and disabled people as well as the state's school for the deaf. So given the demographics here, there are people who would use the strobe light. And if they realized they had it, they would probably want it. But other than that, it was a very professional, polite, and pleasant interaction.

I am in a wheelchair, and I have mobility and physical issues, and I also have hearing problems. I like the fact that I can take the panel from room to room with me and have it at hand where I can deal with it instead of having it up. The system I had before was on the wall and I had to stand up out of my wheelchair and reach above me to use it, which was quite inconvenient. But with Guardian, it's wherever I need it to be. I can also do the same way with the strobe and siren system, which is a little plug-in thing that goes into the wall like your system.

The other system that I had would announce whenever there was a tornado warning for my particular area. There was a kind of a beeping tone that would come across to let me know, and a message that appeared on the screen that there was a tornado within my area. I needed to be aware of that as a safety feature. I do miss that and I wish Guardian does that too. Also, I really wish there was a manual that came with it. I have a great deal of difficulty figuring things out by guess and by gosh, and I'm very good with electronics. I wish it was a small six-page pamphlet that explains, "If you want to do this, this is how you do it or this is what this feature is," type thing.

The strobe light makes me feel very much more secure. I have a feeling that several times people come to my door and I don't even know they're there. I have had a few times when people have tried to deliver packages and I've had to call them to come back two or three times and told them they have to call me and let me know that they were at the door because I would not come to pick up the package because I wouldn't know they were at my door. That was a little bit scary.

The tech set up the system in the main room, so it's where it is most of the time, but when I go to bed at night, I take the strobe and the pad in my room with me as well as I have a wristband. He also was able to hook it up to go through by telephone and internet. With the other system I had before, I had a wired house internet. They couldn't put that through which didn't make much sense to me. So now, I feel much better because I've got this band that's on my wrist that I can take with me. I can access it with my cellphone as well as I can move the pad around where I am.

I had fallen twice in my house when I had the other system. I had really stumbled and my footing ran away from me and I ended up sitting on the floor, and I couldn't get back up. I had to crawl to my cellphone because I couldn't even reach the security pad since I had to stand up to hit it to make it go off. But with Guardian, I feel much more secure that I've got enough systems if that happened again.

Hi Phyllis,

Thanks so much for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs! I'm glad to hear the installation with the strobe light was accomplished and please let us know if you ever have questions on the system use.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

At the time we got the system we were very concerned about the break-in because we were home. My husband was upstairs watching TV and I was in a room on the other side of the house, in the back of it, and we were both here and we didn't hear them break the locks on the window to get in. So, we wanted to make sure that we got some sort of protection. We didn't spend a lot of time looking into the systems because we just wanted to be sure we got some protection. We went with Guardian because the gentleman who came out was really good in talking to us and explaining to us. He was thorough, easy to talk to and kind, and made us feel comfortable with going with Guardian. And then the installation was timely, didn't disturb us, and didn't take up much of our time.

However, I'm not quite satisfied though with the motion part because we have only one motion detector, and on numerous occasions, we forgot that it was on and it didn't go off right away. Somebody could break in. If they got in through the door or the window that would set it off. But we moved around a lot in here when the motion detector really didn't notice it. That gives me some cause for concern. If we would open a window, the alarm sounds. We're aware of it. So, everything else seems to be working fine. I know that if somebody broke into the house that the system would go off at the door or at the window.

I'm just not fully satisfied with the fact that sometimes, it does take the motion detector a while to pick up some movements. In fact, last Sunday, I came downstairs and I came into the kitchen. I know it doesn't get the whole kitchen, but it should get me going back and forth like between my refrigerator and my sink. I moved around two or three times before the thing went off which scared the daylights out of me because I realized I forgot to turn it off. But I was thinking, I was really moving around in here and that thing never went off. But I know that it's protecting us because I think about the total system and I know that it would cover us.

Hi Lori,

Thank you for sharing your customer experience. A break-in can be a really scary thing but we hope that installing a professionally monitored security system has brought your family the peace of mind you deserve. Please give us a call anytime you have questions; we are happy to help!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

We had ADT but they raised their prices all the time and they weren’t always prompt at calling me when I had an alarm go off. If they couldn't reach me, they still didn’t send anybody to the house. And Guardian is way better. Their price has been well fixed. And they've always called and they’ve always been right there. They’re always willing to send somebody to the house. They’re really good about when they call, asking for the password, and they’re really good about offering to do something. The other day, my husband was home making some pumpkin pie and they smoked up a little. They called me right away and asked if I needed a firefighter out here because they have smoke going on. I said, “I don’t think so, but this is his number and his name and he’s at the house.” They called him right away and asked him if he needed any help. So they’re really good about following through with everything.

The installation was really good too because I already had all the equipment from before and they just switched over, put in their keypad. They reprogrammed everything so it’s a lot easier for me to figure out which one’s going off when it says it on the keypad. They said, ‘What do you want to call this room? What do you want to call this window?” Now I know exactly. So when it goes off, I know what it’s saying. I know where the location is. They’re really good about that. And I had a water devise. Guardian normally don’t have it but there’s one and they programmed it in for me.

So far, I got every window and every door protected in my house. I love their smartphone app. Last night, I went to bed and remembered I didn’t set the alarm. I didn’t have to get up. I just picked up my phone and made sure I set it. Also, we might go to some place and if it's not set, then we just set it with the phone. With Guardian Protection, we’re safe as far as knowing if somebody breaks into the house or if I have a water issue or anything. I feel real confident about it when we’re gone.

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for sharing a great customer testimonial, and what a cool tie in for Thanksgiving with the pumpkin pie; although we always hope the pie doesn't get burned we will be there to give you a call 24 hours a day!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I was using a security system and I wasn't that happy with it, and Guardian came through. Their price was right and they had more things to offer such as the doorbell camera which was something I was looking for. The rep answered all of the questions that I had and whenever there's been an issue, they've always been right there to help out. During the installation, the rep had to climb over boxes and I was a little concerned. He could have gone around but that's okay. There was probably not much more he could have done with that. We've been very happy with Guardian but the system is very sensitive. We have cats in the house and it sets off the alarm even though it's not supposed to.

My mother and I got the system at the same time and they put two different types on the garage doors. The system is saying that the doors are closed and they're locked, but it's also saying that it's not connecting. Then, it says it may be the battery. When I called once before about it, I even sent pictures and Guardian was supposed to get back with me. They never contacted me again to let me know what kind of battery I was supposed to change. I've spoken with them since and they said it’s showing on their side that the batteries are working. This past week, the system said the right garage door was bypassed because it wasn't working properly or the battery was dead.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Every time I've called Guardian, they've been very good. I had to deal with my one alarm here for my smoke detector and we resolved that. I've never had a system that was monitored like this. My smoke detector, CO2 detector, if I take it off the wall, it shows a tamper. I never knew any of that stuff. I go, “Wow.” It goes to my smartphone. It's a whole new learning experience.

The installer was very good. He set it up. We had to do some troubleshooting because I was supposed to get a Ring and a doorbell. It’s their camera system for the doorbell. But we found out I didn't have a very good internet connection, so I knew I had to change that. When I got it changed and I called them, they came out, no problem and hooked it up for me. I can't complain at all about Guardian.

I like the way their setup is. It transmits in two different ways. It transmits by landline and cellular, so that if my phone line is cut, I still got cellular backup. In the old days before cellular, you only had landline. They've been very attentive whenever I call them on customer service. Also, when I've called them, I like that they're consistently asking me for my ID. Like, “What's your password?” to make sure you are the person calling in is who you really are.

They've also answered my questions. That's how I found out how this alarm worked. I wasn't too worried about burglar as long as I'm here, but I was worried about the fire department responding.‘Cause where I live, if you get an alarm and the fire department gets an alarm, and even though you call in with a passcode, the fire department still sends a rig to verify. I found out that when it's a low battery alarm, they will just send a text message or they’ll call the house. So, they make contact to let you know we had a problem. They don't automatically send the fire department, which I liked because it's not an act of fire alarm.

Hi Jon,
    Thank you so very much for taking the time to rate us. I am glad to see that your experience with Guardian Protection has been a five-star experience. We will continue to strive to bring you the best in 24-hour monitored smart home security. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection.
    Amy,

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I like the price of Guardian. The system is wonderful. It works for me. I'm not gadget-fancy and it does what I need it to do and that's wonderful for me. When I use it, I don't have any issues with it. When I have interactions with their team, it's great but it is very seldom because their equipment never fails. Somebody broke in my garage and that was the reason that I got an alarm. Now I feel comfortable because my garage is alarmed. If somebody went in my garage, it would alert me right away.

Hi Ronald,
    So glad that we were able to provide you an affordable way to feel safe. There is nothing like peace of mind - our 24-hour monitoring center never sleeps so you can. It sounds as though you are keeping your system armed and taking advantage of all of its benefits. Very smart! I want to thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. Life is better when it's safe!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

The installer of our Guardian did a very professional job. The reps over the phone have been professional too. Whenever I need them, I call them and I can reach them. If I have a problem or question, they answer it. The system is good for the price. We get that thing, where the garage doors open and I like that.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Guardian Protection requires a 30 day notification of termination of service. I notified them that I was terminating my account on September 18, 2020 (30 day notification). I had a requirement for a service call that I thought was free. I was then billed $79.90 with less than a month of service remaining. The technician never mentioned a charge for the service nor did he mention a charge for parts. If he had told me there was a service charge and I charge for parts I would certainly have not spent $80. I called Guardian protection and they gave me a generous $20 rebate. I consider their business practices to be unscrupulous. Customers beware, I have been with this company over four years and this is third thank you.

Hi Theodora,
    I am sorry for your negative experience. Our professional technicians normally do not quote costs as their focus is on providing the technical service. Our customer care specialist should have quoted you the cost. I can see that an extra effort was made by the specialist to move your service appointment up by a week so that we could get you taken care of more quickly. I appreciate your feedback and we will take this as a coaching opportunity as all of our calls are recorded.

Guardian Protection Company Information