Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.25/5

Guardian Protection has years of experience providing innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses in DE, FL, IN, MD, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WV and Washington, D.C. Guardian offers traditional security technology, including intrusion and fire detection, plus indoor and outdoor video security and smart home features, including automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. You can access these services from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens, Guardian’s 24/7, award-winning monitoring center initiates responses in an average of 30 seconds or less.

BOTTOM LINE

Guardian Protection offers customized plans with three- to five-year contracts. It also has a Home Theft Protection Guarantee, so if there is a break-in at your house, Guardian Protection pays $500 toward your deductible.

PROS

• Free installation
  • Home Theft Protection Guarantee
  • Highly praised customer service

CONS

• Not available nationwide

Top Guardian Protection Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

I'm single. I just have me and my little dog so I feel much safer having the Guardian system … I do arm it when I'm gone for work then also if I go somewhere for a weekend. It makes me feel better knowing that I have that extra level of security.

My husband traveled and I was nervous about being home alone … I started looking and Guardian's price was right when they were gonna put it into my house … I’ve probably had Guardian for 20 years and it’s been a good experience. I’m very satisfied with Guardian.

Guardian Protection Call Now Toll Free (844) 277-9642 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Guardian Protection packages

All Guardian Protection packages include 24/7 monitoring, professional installation and app access. The most basic package from Guardian Protection includes a state-of-the-art IQ2 security panel and a home automation controller. It also comes with PowerG wireless intrusion technology for more secure encryption, longer range and better battery life.

Guardian Protection also customizes smart home security packages based on your needs.

To get started, speak with a Guardian Protection representative — they can walk you through different plan options and help you choose the best one to protect your home.

Guardian Protection products

For a full Guardian home technologies price list, it’s best to contact the company directly. Popular equipment from Guardian Protection includes:

• Motion sensor systems
  • Glass break detectors
  • Video doorbells
  • Indoor and outdoor cameras
  • Smart garage door openers
  • Smart door locks
  • Door and window sensors

Guardian Protection installation

Guardian Protection security systems must be professionally installed. However, the company includes the installation fee in all customized packages. Guardian Protection’s technicians test your system to make sure it works properly. These installers also evaluate your property for weak security spots or areas of concern.

Guardian Protection FAQ

Is Guardian Protection available in my state?
Guardian Protection services are available in:
  • Delaware
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia
What do reviews say about Guardian Protection?
Guardian Protection reviews mention Guardian’s quick alarm response times and helpful customer service.
How to cancel Guardian Protection services?
Contact Guardian Protection directly if you wish to cancel a Guardian Protection service contract, but be aware the company has a strict cancellation policy. If you cancel, you must still pay 100% of your remaining balance.

Do we recommend Guardian Protection?

We recommend Guardian Protection. We like Guardian’s Home Theft Protection Guarantee, which provides $500 toward your insurance deductible after a break-in. We also like Guardian Protection's smart home features that make it easy to stay on top of your home security. Just make sure that Guardian Protection provides service in your state.

Guardian Protection Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Before using Guardian Protection, I used two different home security systems, one of which was Protection 1. The Guardian system that I have now is better. The only thing that ticked me off was I was still under contract with Protection 1, and Chris, who was the salesman, told me, “Well, if you are, we’ll go ahead and pay what you owe off.” After that, I never saw him again or heard from him, and I end up paying $1,000 -- it was not that I couldn’t afford it. When I contacted Guardian, he wasn't working there anymore.

But I had some new stuff put in because my smoke detector wasn’t hooked up to the system and it kept beeping. I’ve got vaulted ceilings here and it’s right at the top. I’d had to get a ladder that was 15-foot tall in order to get up there. And I had changed it once, a couple years ago, but a little bit younger then and I did not feel like climbing up ladders. So, I had called Guardian, had them put in a new smoke detector which is hooked up to my panel, and it’s at a place where if the battery needs to be changed, I can just get on a stool and take it off.

But they also put in a carbon dioxide checker too. And they put that where if there was carbon monoxide in the house from my heater or something, it would show up. And I’ve never had a problem with carbon monoxide, but you cannot take a chance. So, I had them put it in. It was expensive, but I could afford it. I knew it was gonna cost me because they told me ahead of time what it was gonna cost, which was okay. When they put the system in, they didn’t charge me anything. It was one of those advertisement things where they come around all the time. All you have to do is pay the first payments and that is it, which is fine.

So, now, if something happens where I got smoke and it sets the alarm off, I can go to the panel and put my code in and have the thing shut off because I have had smoke in here one time. I had oil in a cast-iron frying pan and I was curing it, so I had it on fire under it. And I forgot about it and went to the bedroom, and I was talking to my wife. So, all of a sudden, the siren goes off and I came running in there and the house was full of smoke. I then went ahead and opened the doors and everything else and tried to shut the thing off. It took me a couple of times before there was no smoke.

I called up Protection 1 and told them, “I just had a little problem with smoke on my stove.” My wife said, “Everything’s taken care of. Please, don’t send anybody out.” The fire department come over, however, and parked out in front of my house, and I told them what happened. Overall, Guardian has been good. If I’ve had something wrong, they’d come out and fix it. Also, the guy who did the installation did a good job and he took care of business. He was very pleasant to talk to as well.

Hi Edward,

Thank you for providing detailed feedback on your customer experience. It's great to hear you are finding the security system reliable and the customer care helpful. We appreciate your continued business very much.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Guardian is much superior than the other provider that I've used in the past. Their tech seemed very capable. I needed a strobe put in because I have a hearing problem, and he haven't done that before, but he sat and figured it out and got it in just fine. He had to order the strobe light and come back a second day. They don't carry them. I happen to live in a town that has a lot of elderly and disabled people as well as the state's school for the deaf. So given the demographics here, there are people who would use the strobe light. And if they realized they had it, they would probably want it. But other than that, it was a very professional, polite, and pleasant interaction.

I am in a wheelchair, and I have mobility and physical issues, and I also have hearing problems. I like the fact that I can take the panel from room to room with me and have it at hand where I can deal with it instead of having it up. The system I had before was on the wall and I had to stand up out of my wheelchair and reach above me to use it, which was quite inconvenient. But with Guardian, it's wherever I need it to be. I can also do the same way with the strobe and siren system, which is a little plug-in thing that goes into the wall like your system.

The other system that I had would announce whenever there was a tornado warning for my particular area. There was a kind of a beeping tone that would come across to let me know, and a message that appeared on the screen that there was a tornado within my area. I needed to be aware of that as a safety feature. I do miss that and I wish Guardian does that too. Also, I really wish there was a manual that came with it. I have a great deal of difficulty figuring things out by guess and by gosh, and I'm very good with electronics. I wish it was a small six-page pamphlet that explains, "If you want to do this, this is how you do it or this is what this feature is," type thing.

The strobe light makes me feel very much more secure. I have a feeling that several times people come to my door and I don't even know they're there. I have had a few times when people have tried to deliver packages and I've had to call them to come back two or three times and told them they have to call me and let me know that they were at the door because I would not come to pick up the package because I wouldn't know they were at my door. That was a little bit scary.

The tech set up the system in the main room, so it's where it is most of the time, but when I go to bed at night, I take the strobe and the pad in my room with me as well as I have a wristband. He also was able to hook it up to go through by telephone and internet. With the other system I had before, I had a wired house internet. They couldn't put that through which didn't make much sense to me. So now, I feel much better because I've got this band that's on my wrist that I can take with me. I can access it with my cellphone as well as I can move the pad around where I am.

I had fallen twice in my house when I had the other system. I had really stumbled and my footing ran away from me and I ended up sitting on the floor, and I couldn't get back up. I had to crawl to my cellphone because I couldn't even reach the security pad since I had to stand up to hit it to make it go off. But with Guardian, I feel much more secure that I've got enough systems if that happened again.

Hi Phyllis,

Thanks so much for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs! I'm glad to hear the installation with the strobe light was accomplished and please let us know if you ever have questions on the system use.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

At the time we got the system we were very concerned about the break-in because we were home. My husband was upstairs watching TV and I was in a room on the other side of the house, in the back of it, and we were both here and we didn't hear them break the locks on the window to get in. So, we wanted to make sure that we got some sort of protection. We didn't spend a lot of time looking into the systems because we just wanted to be sure we got some protection. We went with Guardian because the gentleman who came out was really good in talking to us and explaining to us. He was thorough, easy to talk to and kind, and made us feel comfortable with going with Guardian. And then the installation was timely, didn't disturb us, and didn't take up much of our time.

However, I'm not quite satisfied though with the motion part because we have only one motion detector, and on numerous occasions, we forgot that it was on and it didn't go off right away. Somebody could break in. If they got in through the door or the window that would set it off. But we moved around a lot in here when the motion detector really didn't notice it. That gives me some cause for concern. If we would open a window, the alarm sounds. We're aware of it. So, everything else seems to be working fine. I know that if somebody broke into the house that the system would go off at the door or at the window.

I'm just not fully satisfied with the fact that sometimes, it does take the motion detector a while to pick up some movements. In fact, last Sunday, I came downstairs and I came into the kitchen. I know it doesn't get the whole kitchen, but it should get me going back and forth like between my refrigerator and my sink. I moved around two or three times before the thing went off which scared the daylights out of me because I realized I forgot to turn it off. But I was thinking, I was really moving around in here and that thing never went off. But I know that it's protecting us because I think about the total system and I know that it would cover us.

Hi Lori,

Thank you for sharing your customer experience. A break-in can be a really scary thing but we hope that installing a professionally monitored security system has brought your family the peace of mind you deserve. Please give us a call anytime you have questions; we are happy to help!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

We had ADT but they raised their prices all the time and they weren’t always prompt at calling me when I had an alarm go off. If they couldn't reach me, they still didn’t send anybody to the house. And Guardian is way better. Their price has been well fixed. And they've always called and they’ve always been right there. They’re always willing to send somebody to the house. They’re really good about when they call, asking for the password, and they’re really good about offering to do something. The other day, my husband was home making some pumpkin pie and they smoked up a little. They called me right away and asked if I needed a firefighter out here because they have smoke going on. I said, “I don’t think so, but this is his number and his name and he’s at the house.” They called him right away and asked him if he needed any help. So they’re really good about following through with everything.

The installation was really good too because I already had all the equipment from before and they just switched over, put in their keypad. They reprogrammed everything so it’s a lot easier for me to figure out which one’s going off when it says it on the keypad. They said, ‘What do you want to call this room? What do you want to call this window?” Now I know exactly. So when it goes off, I know what it’s saying. I know where the location is. They’re really good about that. And I had a water devise. Guardian normally don’t have it but there’s one and they programmed it in for me.

So far, I got every window and every door protected in my house. I love their smartphone app. Last night, I went to bed and remembered I didn’t set the alarm. I didn’t have to get up. I just picked up my phone and made sure I set it. Also, we might go to some place and if it's not set, then we just set it with the phone. With Guardian Protection, we’re safe as far as knowing if somebody breaks into the house or if I have a water issue or anything. I feel real confident about it when we’re gone.

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for sharing a great customer testimonial, and what a cool tie in for Thanksgiving with the pumpkin pie; although we always hope the pie doesn't get burned we will be there to give you a call 24 hours a day!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Guardian Protection does the security systems at my office so I went with them as well. I got the system because my daughter has an ex-boyfriend who is gonna be getting out of prison in the next few months, and we've had issues with him in the past. He stole my wife's laptop before he ran away. So, we just figured it was probably a good precaution. The original salesman that came out that sold us the system was very knowledgeable, walked through the house, told us what we needed and where. Set up was really good too. The guy that came in to do it was really professional and he was in and out quick.

The only issue I've had was with the motion detector in my living room. It just was going off for no reason and we couldn't figure out why. So, they ended up moving it away from the heat vent figuring that maybe something was being blown in front of it. That didn't fix the problem, so they came back again and put a meter on it and found that there was something in there that was draining the battery. And when I got a low battery, it was sounding the alarm. It was a minor issue, but I wish they had put the meter on and checked that the first time that they came out. It went on for a couple of weeks. When it went off once, they came out to check and then moved it, and then it was fine for a week. And then it went off three times in four days. And I said, "This can't go on, you guys gotta come back," and that was when they replaced it, and it has been fine since then.

The other issue I had was with smoke detectors. I got this new generation of smoke detector that has a 10-year battery in it, so you don't replace them until you replace the smoke detectors. So, it went off one Saturday morning for no reason. Nobody was cooking in the house. So, they came out and they checked it, and the guy told me that there was a recall on the date codes that I had installed. So, he replaced all three of the smoke detectors in the house. But about a week later, another one went off, and they found that that was the same issue as the motion sensors. It was draining the battery, so they had to replace that. So far, the people have been very nice and very easy to deal with. I'd recommend Guardian Protection.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your family's security needs! We are proud to help protect you every day and provide you with peace of mind.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: July 28, 2020

A long time ago at our former house, my wife was introduced to Guardian Protection. In her words, she just liked the system and the way they handled it. The reps have all been professional and they knew their stuff as well. I had the system installed 10 years ago and it was very well done. I'm impressed and I don't have any complaints about it. I've been through a couple batteries that have failed and one or two small glitches, but overall I still think it's a very good system. The cost is about right too. We started right at 39.90 and it's at 45.90 now, so it's gone up $6 after 10 years. That’s not bad.

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for being a long-time customer of Guardian Protection! It's great to hear you have enjoyed the services and are seeing the value in professional security monitoring.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: July 26, 2020

Given false information, "upgrade techs" began working on keypad. This sent alarm to Guardian, triggered phone call for explanation resulting with a second Guardian person alerting me that my account was being raided and to insist techs reverse what they had done and get out of the house. Guardian called sheriff and stayed online with me for safety as long as I needed them and tested keypad. Arranged for emergency restoration of keypad and followup. Being a rape survivor, I felt safe and secure again.

Guardian Protection response

Thank you for sharing a true fraud story Charlene, I'm so sorry this happened to you but I'm glad Guardian was able to save the day, I will let the representatives that you worked with know how much you appreciated the assistance. Thank you for your continued business!

Original review: July 24, 2020

We called to ask for information about the message that was displayed, and was given directions as to what to do to solve the issue. When we followed the directions, we found out that it worked. The person who answered was very polite.

Hi William,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent customer care interaction with Guardian Protection! Our technical team is here 24 hours a day whenever you may have questions.

Original review: July 24, 2020

We finally got someone who had the parts. He fixed it and didn't take him long. I don't know what happened before. The first time I called and got someone who said they would send someone out. 2 weeks later I called they didn't know what happened. They sent another person, he too didn't carry through. So I waited about three weeks and called again and a week later he came today. He was very good. Sorry if I sound disappoint but I was ready to go somewhere else. Don't know my order number..

Hi Geneva,

Thank you for sticking it out with us while we got your issue corrected. We appreciate your continued business very much and will work hard every day to bring you additional peace of mind.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: July 23, 2020

Front Door Sensor is not working. Girl on phone tried to be helpful but I am not an electronic expert so I wasn't able to fix it myself so they will have to send someone to my home..Going to take two weeks before you can come and fix it.....

Hi Lewis,

Thank you for taking the time to share helpful feedback on your customer experience. We are sorry to hear about the wait time for service and we've let the service supervisors know to keep checking for earlier openings and we will reach out to confirm when we have one. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Guardian Protection Company Information