toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Dorothy,

Thank you for being a long time customer of Guardian Protection Services! It's so wonderful to hear that you have felt protected for so long and we really value your safety. Our customer's safety and satisfaction is our #1 priority and we hope to help protect what you value most for many more years to come. Please let us know if you need anything, we are always here for you.

Nathan D.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: April 2, 2017

I've had Guardian for so long and I don't even think of changing. I'm protected and hundred percent happy. For my basement, I have the bars in the windows on the bottom and I have glass breakage. Whatever security feature was available, I got it. If by mistake, I opened the door, locked myself in at night time and decided to go in the garage, Guardian would call me right away. So everything is fine. I have recommended them to many friends. My daughter's also with Guardian. I'm still friends with Adam who was part of the installation team. He's a nice guy.

Hello Marilyn,

Thank you so much for being a long time customer of Guardian! We appreciate your feedback, and it's always great to hear that we could serve fabulous customers such as yourself for such a long time. The 24/7 monitored smoke protection is a great feature to have. If you ever need anything at all please just give us a call.

Nathan D.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: March 26, 2017

We like Guardian Protection real well. We've had it so long because we had it at our store and then when we had our house we had it put in our house too and that's a long time ago. We got Guardian's fire alarm and house protection and we're very satisfied. If we had to build another house, we'd put it in there too. If we ever had a problem, their sales reps have been here to help us. They were nice too and we weren't afraid to let them in. They were great.

Guardian Protection Services

Thanks for your review Rebba. We love to hear customer stories like yours. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any questions or concerns.

Katelyn G.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The house that we got was pretty big and we wanted everything to be secured, and in case my son and daughter ever wanted to go to the house while we're not there, they could have their own code for the door to get in. The service that Guardian Protection has provided so far has been excellent. Their sales reps were real knowledgeable and everything with the installation team was outstanding. They were on time, showed us how to use the product and cleaned up after themselves. I got it in two houses. I got one for the house that we're living in and then another for our house that my son is living in.

Hi Beth,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services! It's wonderful to hear we were able to help you find the security package that was right for you. Thank you for the recommendations, we look forward to providing your family extra peace of mind.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 12, 2017

We've had Guardian since we moved into our home 3 years ago and they have provided us with excellent professional service. They were able to add a sensor to our garage, giving us additional peace of mind. We definitely recommend their service.

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for Guardian Protection Services. I'm so sorry to hear about that lack of follow up from customer service. I have located your account and will escalate this matter for you. A customer loyalty specialist will be in touch.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Called about service, they came & didn't do anything. Called again to cancel & they said they would look into what happened, & get back to me. They never did. I'm going to cancel. The service so far stinks. Seems like they don't care about customer service. I've been w/ them 15 years, & this is what they give me for loyalty.

Hi William,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection a review. I'm sorry to hear you feel the equipment is outdated. Guardian does offer outside cameras which can record footage and you can view over your internet-connected smart phone. I have located your account and will have a specialist reach out to discuss.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Expensive monthly rates. Equipment is outdated. Did you ever consider outside cameras. This would allow the recording of what is going on. Costco sells this type of system for just a few dollars. With cell phones I should be able to review my property at any time and record it if needed.

Hi Robert,

I'm so glad to hear our customer care team was able to help adjust your monthly monitoring rate. We appreciate your business, thank you for being a long time customer!

Original review: May 11, 2017

Guardian raised my rate so I asked, "What can you do for me since I keep paying more." I received an immediate email indicating that I would get a prompt response by phone. The next day I received a phone call and Guardian reduced my rate - that's what they did for me!

Hi Rahn,

Thank you for being a Guardian Protection Services customer! It's great to hear our technicians have set the standard high for our service expectation. As the leading provider of home security in the Philadelphia, PA area we look forward to helping to protect what you value most in life.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 10, 2017

After many many years being with this company they go above and beyond to make sure the customers are happy. Servicemen are always clean and professional. Always have mark trucks and in uniform. They go above and beyond to make sure you are happy and satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Services?

Hi Yasmin,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services! It's wonderful to hear the builder was able to get you in touch with us and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Original review: May 7, 2017

When I bought the house, the builder introduced us to Guardian Protection Services and we took it. The salesperson was very experienced, professional and explained a lot of stuff. The installer was great, he did his job.

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for leaving a detailed phone review for Guardian Protection Services! We are glad to hear you have the medical pendant, that is a great additional piece of equipment for peace of mind. I have located your account and will have a customer care agent touch base to answer your additional questions on the lanyard components.

Original review: May 7, 2017

We had a different home security system prior to Guardian and they were the same. But the one thing the Guardian representative presented was the ability to have a device on, that could notify a medical emergency that you had fallen. We didn't have that with ADT. We have now been with Guardian Protection Services for two months and I'm doing okay with it.

The gentleman who installed the system was super professional. He really knew what they were doing and was very courteous and cognizant. He did an excellent job. But the one thing that I was curious about is they have that mechanism on a watch strap, but they also left a thing that I could put around my neck or attach to a different mechanism which was attached to my belt buckle. There are absolutely no instructions on how this is done but I know that they're meant to interface with each other. I called and talked to them once but they acted like I didn't know what I was talking about or that's the way it was. We only turn the medical device on when were out of the house but not at night. I'd say to a friend they can take a look at Guardian if they were in need of a medical device. I would recommend them.

Hi Esther,

Thank you for being a Guardian Protection customer! It's wonderful to hear you were referred to us by your physician. Word of mouth is our best advertisement and we hope the monitored security system brings you extra peace of mind.

Original review: May 6, 2017

My physical therapist has Guardian Protection, and he has highly recommended them. One of his clients also has Guardian. So, by listening to them, I decided to go with Guardian. Everybody was very knowledgeable and professional, but I had one problem. I have the security for the window sill and instead of having the rectangular shaped once for the windows, they gave me a little button on the window. But they changed them, and there was no problem. I feel safe having Guardian's security system. Overall, they have a great service with everything.

Hello Heath,

Thank you for leaving a review for Guardian Protection Services! It's great to hear you have enjoyed the services so far and you didn't have to look any further for home security. Our goal is to provide excellent customer care and peace of mind.

Original review: May 6, 2017

Guardian Protection Services is a very good company. You really don't need to look in any other places than them. They give you an honest deal and their office staff is very responsive. Since I already use Guardian Protection Services for my business, it made sense that I also use them at home. I use them on a regular basis and everything's always been good. I'm into home builders so I know the ins and outs of the security system and the installation was very straightforward. The technician was a really good guy. He was friendly and knowledgeable. He explained everything to my family so they would know what they were doing. They have a good system, it does what it needs to do and it obviously could do more than what I have been doing currently. But, for my needs, it does just fine. Their equipment is good and very easy to use. It works well and I had no issues at all, so that's an A plus.

Hi April,

Thank you for leaving a review for Guardian Protection Services. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us to improve the customer experience. I'm sorry for the miscommunication with service, I looked into your account and see a technician did arrive on 3/27. If you are still in need of service please contact our customer care team at 1-888-895-4805.

Original review: May 6, 2017

The previous owners of the house had used Guardian so the system was still in there when we moved in. We've had it for a few months and had one bad incident where they were supposed to reschedule someone out to my house. There was a miscommunication as far as they didn't think someone's going to be home. They said I needed to be there but when I called them, they said it was okay if someone else is there. But no one showed up.

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your experience with Guardian Protection Services. I'm glad to hear we have been fast to respond when your alarm has tripped. I have located your account and will have a loyalty specialist reach out to help you with your pricing and system.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I've used Guardian for about six years and every now and then, I've had a false alarm but the Guardian team were right on it. My problem is that I still have an older, hardwired system and some remotes, so I'm looking at something else. I have no qualms with Guardian. They're fine. But I might be changing systems because their prices have gone up a little bit, and there are other companies out there that have prices that are more reasonable. I'd tell a friend that Guardian is fine, but I would also say to check the other security service providers and get a comparative price.

Hello Vasu,

Thank you for leaving feedback regarding the installation of your security system with Guardian. I'm sorry to hear you have not heard back about the garage opener. I have located your account and will have a customer care specialist reach out ASAP. Please let me know if you have any other questions. We appreciate your business!.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I went with Guardian Protection Services because of the builders who do the welding and stuff for me at home. They've installed some lift master which will be synced with my garage opener, but they could not sync it properly, and I did not get any call or anything like that from them yet. It's been about a month since Guardian have activated my system. Also, regarding bill payment. If I want to pay my bill, I need a computer. I don't see anything in the app. I have to login on the website. However, the local office agent I spoke directly with and the person who came for the activation were good.

The motion sensor for all the doors is good. I feel secure, but the pricing is a little bit high. Other companies seem to cost a lot less. They'll give some extra hardware without any charge. Let's say, I don't have the windows break sensor, the other companies will just give the hardware free and they can install it. That's what I heard from my friends. If I want to go get that in Guardian, I'm going to pay $140 or something like that. However, I will continue the three-year contract now, so I cannot do anything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Guardian Protection Services is the first home security service I had and the installation was fine. The only thing about it is that I could not here the little girl that put it in at all. She was very soft. I had talked to somebody else from the company about it and the guy just laughed and said he keeps having to tell her to speak up. But I’m pretty much satisfied with them. It has a feature where I can call an ambulance.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for having Guardian Protection Service's monitoring at several locations! It's great to hear you have the monitored smoke alarms, they are monitored 24/7 whether the system is armed or not, we think that provides extra peace of mind.

Original review: May 5, 2017

When my parents passed away, I moved next door to their house and kept their Guardian Protection home security. I also had it at my other house. So, both houses and my shop have the security system. My brother also had it in his home that’s on the farm. Guardian’s employees are very trustworthy. You can walk away and leave them in your house to install the system. Also, their response time is pretty good, and I need that for the smoke alarms. Since I live in the country, if I’m not around when there’s a smoke or fire issue, the fire department is alarmed. I’ve set the alarm off with the wood stove so I contacted them some time, and their customer service has been fine. I also reach out to them when I have a dead battery or when fixing the security system from time to time. I’m happy with Guardian Protection, and would recommend them.

Hi Mary Ellen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a phone review for Guardian Protection Services. I'm so glad to hear you chose us as a local company to provide you home security. Our customer service works extended hours to help you with any technical questions you may have at 1-888-895-4805.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I used two other companies previously, but I decided to go with Guardian because they were locally located versus the other company that's in Pennsylvania. I didn't have a security system for a long time until somebody happened to come to our neighborhood. That's when I decided to get one. I didn't have kids live in here anymore and it was better to have some safety measures.

Guardian was trying to reach me at one point because when they did their test, they weren't getting it recorded. I talked to a lady there and I told her the one thing that confused me about the way the system was set up. When you would put on your doors and windows, there would be two lights at the top and I only had one there, although now I have two. I also told her that I wanted to make sure that if somebody came into my house after a certain period of time then this annoying noise goes off to alert everyone. I wanted to have her check that and she did.

One girl called me and she told me to hit my doors and window and put my password in. I told her that when I put my passwords in, that's like disarming. I didn't do what she was trying to tell me to do so she had somebody else talk to me for a while. But we got it straightened out and I haven't had any problems. The one lady turned the chimes on too and there's now a sign when somebody walks to my door. I had the chimes on there with the two other companies too but I've never had them go off. I might have to ask Guardian to turn it off though for when we have company and also when there are kids sleeping downstairs in our living room.

I've only had Guardian for the past month and as far as notifying me if something goes wrong, that's a good idea. I haven't gotten calls from anybody else unless there was a problem. I spend a lot of time by myself at night and I like that with Guardian, I don't have to worry about somebody trying to break into my house. I can flick the alarm system on at night. If that person tried, I'd be able to hear him. Guardian has, so far, provided a good service and I would recommend it to anybody that's looking for an alarm system.

Hi Elijah,

Thank you for leaving a review for Guardian Protection Services! It's great to hear we were able to help you resolve an issue over the phone. We look forward to providing you additional peace of mind with your state of the art security system!

Original review: May 4, 2017

I was using a different home security system before and now I have Guardian Protection's security system. It's a lot newer and upgraded. I like the app features where I can disable and turn on the alarm from the app. On the other hand, I had a problem when the system was installed. One of my monitors downstairs wasn’t working. If I go in the room, the motion detector would go off on “Stay” mode as if it was in “Away” mode. The technician must not have known that it was there. I called in and the lady I talked to did something over the phone to get it fixed. The security system is working now.

Hello Mandy,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your Guardian Protection Services experience! It's great to hear our installation team was able to get your system running quickly and explained all the features to you. We hope you enjoy the additional peace of mind a monitored security system brings.

Original review: May 4, 2017

People from Guardian Protection Services came to our door one day and my husband dealt with them. Their team came out for the installation and it didn’t take long. They explained how everything worked. They were good. I would refer them and tell friends that we're very happy with them.

Hello Robby,

Thank you for leaving a review for Guardian Protection Services! It's wonderful to hear our staff has been quick to respond when you needed us the most. Thank you for your business.

Original review: May 3, 2017

Guardian Protection has great service, customer friendly team, and good products! During installation the technician came on time and installed the monitors quickly and without any flaws. Since installation the only issue we've had has been with the batteries - and after I notified Guardian, they came in a couple of days to replace them! The detector rarely goes out, but one time it went out, Guardian replaced them very quickly! Great company!

Hi Mr. Gallagher,

Thank you for being a Guardian customer! We appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve our customer experience. It's great to hear we were able to get your system up and running, we hope you enjoy the additional peace of mind.

Original review: May 3, 2017

When we had Guardian Protection's security system first put in, it wasn’t working right so I got in touch with them. 90% of the time, they have been friendly and helpful but they gave us a little trouble that time. They said it was going to cost us so much money but we said it's not our fault that it's not working right after they put it in. We had to have somebody come out to fix it the way it was supposed to be fixed and we finally got it straightened out.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for being a Guardian Protection customer! It's great to hear we were able to provide you an affordable home security package that met your needs. Please let us know if you ever have questions.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I went with Guardian Protection Services because of the amount of pieces of equipment they gave me without upcharge. Since using them, I have less worries. Their customer service reps were all fine and their technicians were pretty good.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for being a long time Guardian Protection customer! We appreciate your business and your feedback. It's great to hear we were able to get that billing issue ironed out for you, customer satisfaction is our goal!

Original review: May 3, 2017

We used Guardian Protection Services on a property years ago and we had a good experience at the time. Everything was as expected so I had no issues calling back up. There’s value for the cost that we were paying. We had a change in services with them a little while back. There was also a little billing mistake that took me forever to catch. But about a month ago, one of the customer service guys was completely awesome with helping, research, and diligence. The prices got fixed and I was really impressed.

Hi Omid,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services! We are proud to serve the Pittsburgh, PA region as the premier home security provider. Also thank you for taking the time to leave a review, it's great to hear our staff has been helpful when you needed us.

Original review: May 2, 2017

Recently, I called Guardian because one of the latches or one of the entry ways for the doors wasn't working properly. They were able to instruct me to reset the keypad and alarm and everything worked perfectly. I also used their smartphone features a couple of times when I've gone away with the family and forgot to put the alarm on. They're all very helpful. I can tell a friend that I have the system and it works well. I'm happy and it's nice to have the system.

Hi Michele,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Guardian! It's great to hear our services have been up to par. Please let us know if you ever have questions.

Original review: May 2, 2017

We use Guardian Protection Services and so far it is serving its purpose.

Hi Barb,

Thank you for being a long time customer! It's great to hear you chose Guardian Protection Services as your home security provider. Guardian has been in the business of providing peace of mind for over 60 years. Please let us know if you ever have questions.

Original review: May 2, 2017

We've had Guardian Protection Services and it's been a great experience. My husband made me choose it and so far, I have no problems with it at all.

Hi Anita,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Guardian Protection Services. It's great to hear our staff was helpful when you needed us. We would be delighted to provide you home security again if you ever need at your new home.

Original review: May 1, 2017

While we were with Guardian, the technicians they sent to our house were fine and we didn't have any issues with their customer service reps. However, we cancelled our service with them because we moved.

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection Services a review! As the premier security provider in the Indianapolis, IN region we are proud you chose us to help protect what you value most in life. I'm glad to hear you also got the additional garage protection.

Original review: May 1, 2017

The people who lived in the house prior to me had Guardian Protection Services. One time, I added protection for my garage as well. So, they put a sensor in there so that could be added. All in all, my experience with Guardian has been really good.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for being a long time customer of Guardian Protection! It's great to hear you have been so satisfied with your home security, that is our goal!

Original review: May 1, 2017

We’re only here in our summer house every two weeks, so we decided to put an alarm system in it and at that time, Guardian Protection Services was the most economical. We’ve moved in here 15 years ago and we still keep the alarm system because we liked it. The original contract we had was a five-year contract, but at that time they were offering a two-year thing. I said to the fellow, "Do you have anything longer?" And he said, "Longer?" And he was surprised that I wanted to go longer. And I said, "Yeah. We just want to like lock it in." Everybody seemed very nice and we've had good experiences too. The service has been great as well. The couple of times that we set the alarm system off by mistake, the response by the police has been excellent and quick.

Aside from the battery going low every five years, which is normal, everything else seems to be fine. The people from Guardian also did some repairs on the alarm system. And one time a fellow came out to add another motion detector after we had an addition to the house. That went very smoothly too. With Guardian, we always felt that we were well-protected if we weren’t at home for any extended times. Also when we weren't here, I felt that there would be some response on the property because at that time, we were 70 miles away. And price-wise, we've often recommended Guardian because my sister who has Slomin's is paying much more per month than I am. So I think Guardian is a very good company and I'm very satisfied with them.

Hello Carl,

Welcome to the Guardian Protection family! We look forward to helping you protect what you value most as the premier security provider in the Pittsburgh, PA region. Please let us know if you ever have questions.

Original review: April 30, 2017

The sales rep of Guardian Protection Services came to the house and offered to update all my equipment and do a new package deal that could save me money every month. That was on a Friday and we were getting ready to go then. The rep came back on a Saturday and we went through everything. I changed my security system over and went with Guardian. The installer of my Guardian system seemed knowledgeable and he did a good job. He got everything hooked up.

It's been a month since I've been with Guardian, and they're okay compared to my previous security system provider. The system of Guardian seems to be working okay, and we're good. It's exactly like what I had for the last four years, so I'm used to it and I'm happy with it. I used the fire alarm and glass break system that were from the previous security system, but the Guardian guys updated all the batteries. Up to this point, I would recommend Guardian to a friend. Everything that the sales rep said would happen, actually happened. So far, I'm okay with Guardian, and I hope that if we'd ever need the emergency alarm, that it would take care of notifying whoever needs to be notified.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for leaving a review for Guardian Protection Services! It's great to hear our support staff have been helpful when you needed us. The phone app is an excellent feature to have as well, I hope the system provides you extra peace of mind.

Original review: April 30, 2017

My neighbors had Guardian Protection Services and the service was quickly available so I went with it. Their reps are always friendly and always helpful. They're always right there and are really good. They fix whatever problem it is or set it up so they can be fixed. The installation team knew what they're doing as well. The technicians were skilled, quick, friendly and they didn't overcharge or they didn't install excess stuff. They came in, did their job and they're done. It was fast and efficient service.

The system provides everything I need and the features are all good. They offer more features but I just need the basic service. What I have works and it's great. The smartphone feature is also nice. It's nice to be able to check and do things remotely. With Guardian Protection Services I know that my business is protected or that it's monitored therefore I don't have to worry about it and it feels good. Everybody is friendly, skilled, very responsive to needs and updates that need to happen. Overall, it's an excellent alarm monitoring company.

Hello Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Guardian Protection Services! It's great to hear you trust GPS to secure both your home and your business. We are proud to offer security solutions in the greater Pittsburgh, PA region.

Original review: April 30, 2017

We have Guardian Protection for our store and home. The reps at Armstrong were real good with me. They'll do anything for me. The installers were real neat, and everything they did was precise. I have little zones on my windows, and I have one zone in the store and one in the kitchen. It's good quality and I like everything about it. The system has been excellent and it has saved me a couple of times. One time, somebody tried to get into one window that was cracked open for air. And they just broke it open and pushed the refrigerator out. But as soon as they pushed the refrigerator, the alarm went off and they got right out. So I would tell people that I'm real pleased with Guardian.

Guardian Protection Services Company Profile