toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Chelsi,

Thank you for telling us about your sales and installation experience. Customer satisfaction is one of our top priorities so your feedback is very important to us.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

We got a package that included the windows, motion sensor, and the smoke alarm thing from Guardian Protection Services. The sales rep on the phone was really sweet and awesome so I liked her. She was personable and so we chit-chatted a little bit. Our installation guy, Shawn, was real nice. I just moved here from across the country--Louisiana to Ohio--and he had been to Louisiana a few times. Guardian is something that we wanted. We've only had it for a week or so but everything is good.

Guardian Protection Services

We appreciate your detailed feedback, Jamie. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. I am happy to hear that your sales and installation experience went well. Please let us know if you run into any questions or concerns.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

We had gotten broke into a week ago. I looked into a bunch of security systems and a long time neighbor and friend who sold security systems told us how wonderful Guardian Protection Services was so we decided to go with them. We purchased a nice high-end two-way voice monitoring and call monitoring service. Their sales rep explained and answered all our questions and gave me some help with a few questions I had as a follow-up. He was really great as far as guiding me through the new maze of the alarm system. And, there were no hidden costs or fees. In fact, I was even a sensor short than I had planned. He covered it and told me about the monthly plan and it went really smooth.

The installation took a little longer though because the installer had to overhaul as far as getting the wire down the wall. It wasn't a standard framing so he had a little trouble with that but that wasn't his fault. And then there was a little bit of extra time he had for a programming error that he had to figure out, but he got it all done. He showed my wife and my two boys how to work the system which was pretty basic. He was great to deal with.

Tim,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. Your feedback is important to us because customer satisfaction is our top priority.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

We bought a new house. I work sometimes overnight or out of town and my wife is off every other Friday and I wanted her to be safe. I looked at about three other companies and Guardian Protection Services has the best package. Plus Paul, the sales rep, was very detailed in explaining how the system works and what I was getting. It was straightforward and good to go. He had an assistant he was training and the two of them were very friendly. They didn't BS me at all. I told him what I liked and he came up with a good solution and a perfect system. I got two keypads, window breaks, and sensors on all my doors. I have very good customer satisfaction. The installer was very quick and thorough, too, with explaining how it worked. He's a really nice guy. I've also recommended Guardian to a couple of people.

Guardian Protection Services

Thanks for your review, Sandy. We appreciate your feedback and I'm glad to hear about the support you've received so far. Feel free to reach out if you ever run into any other questions!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I signed up for Guardian Protection Services when they were doing a raffle and so far, I'm happy with their home security system. Any time that I've had a problem with it, like if I have to go reset my password, their reps walk me right through it and they’ve been pretty good with it. The installation team was real nice, too. I’m satisfied with my Guardian experience.

We moved from one home to another but instead of just taking the system with us we had take the 2 years we had left and add 3 more years making it a 5 year contract. If we didn't add the 3 additional years we would have had to pay a cancel fee that was thousands of dollars. This doesn't seem right. Now stuck with 22 more months at $42/month when ADT is $27.99/month. Was told it would be $1490.58 to break contract now or could add an addendum that would lower rate for 6 months (but then increase to $42 and still have the same 22 months left) but that doesn't help. Only further increases term by 6 months.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Services?

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for sharing your Guardian story, Julio. We hope you and your wife are enjoying all of the peace of mind a monitored security system can provide!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I work a lot and my wife stays at home most of the time so she wants to feel a little bit safe. When we moved in, Guardian Protection Services had people come out. We sat down and talked about our options. Their sales rep was never very pushy at any point. He kept it pretty professional so it’s pretty good. My wife oversaw the installation of their security system and everything was quick and easy.

Columbus,

Sorry to hear that you feel you did not receive what you expected. I escalated your concerns to the authorized dealer you worked and they informed me that they were able to resolve them. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to social@gpsx.net.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I got three door alarms and a motion sensor from Guardian Protection Services. I got two more buildings I want covered and I thought they would be in the package, but evidently it wasn't. The installation was all right. He was good, but he can go no further than the paper allowed him to, so I couldn't get him to do what I wanted him to do.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're sorry you had to wait for your installation but glad you are now enjoying your system. Let us know if you run into any questions or concerns. Your feedback is very important to us.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

We purchased this house, which had Guardian Protection in the past. We go away a lot so we thought we should put the alarm system. We've had an alarm system in the past and we figured we should activate it. The sales gentleman from Guardian Protection was really nice. However we got lost in the shuffle when we signed the contract and then nobody contacted us for a couple of weeks after that. Finally, I called and asked when they are going to come and install the system. They were very prompt after that.

In the service package that we purchased we have the door alarms, the sliding glass door and the motion detector included. The installation was very good. The gentleman who came to install was very knowledgeable, took his time, and helped me. So, I was very pleased with it.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for sharing your experience with Guardian! I'm glad you are enjoying the peace of mind that monitored home security can provide.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

Guardian Protection Services was available in the home we're renting. And since it was already installed, my boyfriend just decided to update everything. We can use our phones to access it and it protects our front and back doors. So far, I like their services.

Hi Amer,

We're glad to hear you have chosen Guardian again! Thank you for leaving a review. Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I had Guardian Protection Services before for a business, and I got another alarm system from them again since I need it for my other business. My installation experience was very good and professional. I'm happy with them.

Wendy,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to share your story. We're glad to hear about your sales experience. We are proud to help protect what matters most to you.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

Guardian Protection was recommended to us, so we got their security system. The sales person was very pleasant and informative, and the transaction worked out very well. The installation was done prior to us moving in, then we had someone come in afterwards to explain and give us a demonstration of the system. So far, their services are good and everything is going well.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for sharing your experience, Bobby. We appreciate your feedback and your recommendation.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I got the door alarms and motion sensors for extra protection. So far, I'm satisfied and happy with everything I've got. The sales rep was well-mannered and I had no problems with him. I'd recommend Guardian to other people.

Lakeshia,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you're enjoying the system in your new home. Let us know if you run into any questions or concerns.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

The previous homeowner of the house where we moved in had Guardian Protection Services. I decided that I'd take over it and got the service restored. The sales rep was pretty nice. He came in, re-hooked some wires and explained to me how it was going to work which was pretty much understandable. I am very satisfied.

Michael,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Customer satisfaction is our top priority so we appreciate learning about your experience. Let us know if you run into any more trouble with your system.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Guardian Protection Services was less expensive. It's got the digital pads as well. I had the five sensors and the hall monitor already with my previous system. So they just basically adjusted and set the new receiver unit to my existing alarm sensors for all of my doors and the window. The installation took about an hour and a half. How to do everything was well explained. The first couple of days, in the middle of the night, the hall monitor would leave me a message on my phone that it had been disturbed even though the system was off. But after that, it's been fine.

Hassan,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs! Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

We purchased the basic package from Guardian Protection Services. We got their motion sensor which is very good. The sales, as well as the installation team, did a very good job. We had no issue at all.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for being a loyal customer, Elaina! We appreciate your feedback. Let us know if you ever run into any questions.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I always had a security system from Guardian Protection Services. I got two units inside, two key fobs, glass breakages, doors opening. The sales representatives were very knowledgeable and efficient. I would highly recommend them to everyone.

Regina,

Thanks for sharing a review about your new system. We appreciate you taking the time to tell about your experience.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

Guardian Protection Services was already in the home that we bought. The sales representative was very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. The system monitors doors and windows. We've just had it for a couple of weeks, but as of this point we are very happy with it.

Guardian Protection Services

I'm glad to hear about your experience, Carol! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns in the future.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I got Guardian's basic coverage where the windows, as well as the garage door, are wired. The sales rep was extremely knowledgeable, professional, and helpful. He responded to all the questions I had too. My stepdaughter covered the installation, and she said it went very well. The guy was very professional and took care of everything. I've been very satisfied with their services.

Wayne,

Thank you for sharing your Guardian experience. I hope you enjoy the peace of mind your new system can provide. Let us know if you have any questions.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I have Guardian Protection alarm and cameras and I'm completely satisfied with the services so far. Working with the sales reps was a good experience. I sat down with them when I went over which offer I would choose. The installation was great as well. From what I've seen from the time that they were building the home and putting in the wires to now having the low power box in the home, everything has been working out good.

Despite numerous time consuming inconveniently scheduled service trips, this system continues to malfunction on a weekly basis. If I don't see a service person every 10 days it's because the system ceased to function while we are out of town and we can't get back to see the service person. This system should be called Guardian Insecurity. No one at this company cares.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for sharing your Guardian experience, Greg. If you run into any questions or concerns, please reach out.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I got the service package from Guardian that includes everything and the smoke detector because I need it, and I'm satisfied with the service so far. Customer service was good and everything was perfect when they came to my home for the installation.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your feedback. We will use it to ever improve our services. I am sorry to hear that your installation took longer than expected but hope you are enjoying your new system.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I bought a house which already had a Guardian Protection equipment installed on it and they got us in on it, so I kept the same service. There were a couple of people that came down before the system was installed. The first guy that came in did an inventory of all the equipment and wrote down everything on the ticket. The technician came down and installed it, but the first guy wrote down the wrong equipment on the ticket. The technician couldn’t figure out why it's not working, so he made a lot of phone calls to customer service and he did a lot of adjustments. It took about six hours to activate it. With that said, the technician and the salesperson need to communicate and synchronize the information, so they don’t encounter the same problem.

Erika,

We are so happy to hear that you've been enjoying the peace of mind a monitored security system can provide. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

We got Guardian's sensors for the windows and doors and then tomorrow they will put in the doorbell camera and the thing to arm and disarm the alarm. The installation was fast and the person who came was so nice and quiet doing his work. The service so far is good and we are so happy to have the alarm system.

Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Guardian story. We appreciate your feedback and hope you are enjoying the peace of mind your new system can provide.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I always need and have an alarm system at every place I moved to because it's more secure that way since I'm hardly ever home. I have a service package from Guardian and it's pretty good so far. I also have the alarm panels and the contact feature. I like the feature which enables me to arm and disarm my system through my phone, and then I get an email notifying me whether or not my alarm is armed or disarmed.

The sales representative was very informative, nice, and easy to get. He's the only person I know that has provided me with accurate information and has been finding what was suitable for me and what I need, rather than selling me more than what I need. For instance, some people try to sell me the option where I have to have cameras and other equipment that I do not need. But I already have cameras at home, so I do not need more of these. The guy who installed the security system for me was very nice as well. I didn't ask a lot of questions because it's his job. I let him do it and I don't bother with it. He knows what he's doing and is pretty good at it. After installing the system, he set it off, then he told me that he was done.

Ruby,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please let us know if you run into any questions or concerns as you're learning to use your system. We know it can be overwhelming and we're here to help!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

We have the doorbell camera, the phone feature where I can lock and view the system, and the two little keychains. We're still trying to learn the system but so far, it's okay. Installation was quick, and the sales rep was very friendly and knowledgeable. All the info he gave us was a little too much at one time, but he left us a manual we can go over later. With Guardian, I like that I could see who's at the door on my phone, and that I could arm and disarm the system on the little keypad they gave me.

Tim,

There are many variables involved in this situation and I’d like to explain them further. Our AutoRenew policy exists so that we can help prevent a lapse in monitoring for your system, helping to protect your home. An explanation of how to cancel and how the contract renewal process is located on your contract in a section you are required to initial. Our contracts, which are standard in the industry, exist to protect both parties involved. If you have any other questions or concerns or need more information, contact me at social@gpsx.net.

Sincerely

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

I try to cancel my contract after 2.5 years and because of the fine print they had a automatic renewal for 5 years which is longer than the original contract of 2 years. The salesperson never mention it and I'm stuck with contract until the end additional years. So they are worst than the crooks they're suppose to be protecting me from.

Hi Jeffery,

I'm sorry to hear that what was installed was not what you expected. I have passed your concerns along to the proper department. Please let us know if you run into any more concerns.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

I got the alarm and surround systems included in the service package from Guardian for security and enjoyment. However, I have some concerns in reference to the final package that I got. What we thought we had seen and what we're purchasing was an HDMI hookup for the speakers but what we ended up with was a wall mount with five speaker wires and a woofer wire going into it. We thought we're going to get some more professional looking package but we did not. Currently, I'm dissatisfied but I talked to the sales rep about it yesterday, so I'm hoping that some of that will be improved.

Traci,

We appreciate you leaving a review for Guardian. You should have received your Welcome Email by now, but if some reason you didn't receive it, please email social@gpsx.net and we will make sure you get all the info you need.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

Guardian Protection Services is what was here before with the previous owner of the house and we just went with that. There are features for the windows and doors and there is supposed to be an app that I have to download. Guardian's services is okay, but it could have been a little better. There was supposed to be a welcome email and it was supposed to have given me the link to the app, but I haven't received that yet, and I haven't had the time to call in to talk to the installer who set our system up to get that information from him. However, the installer was great and he was polite.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Even before we bought the house, I wanted a security system, and Guardian Protection Services was the only security service that we could go with. We still have a couple of issues in Guardian that they are trying to fix. I have asked for the HDMI connection from the floor where I'm going to put all my entertainment unit to the ceiling but they did the Cat5 cable instead of the HDMI. So, they're trying to fix it with some converters that they have not resolved yet. I always talk to the representative that I bought the service from and he said he would contact the installation person. I wanted to email the salesperson and the installation person but the installation guy wouldn't give me an email address. Guardian is saying that they're going to fix the issue. If they fix it, I'm going to be a satisfied customer. Everything else was smooth, and went cool; we didn't have to watch behind our backs.

Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Guardian experience on Consumer Affairs. Please let us know if you ran into any questions or concerns. We would be happy to help you figure out any quirks in your system.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

My friend who has Guardian Protection Services referred the company to me. Their sales rep was courteous and explained everything. The installers were nice and went over everything with me. It was a very convenient installation experience. The package includes the smoke alarm and the highway beam in the windows and doors. The services are good so far. We haven't had it more than two days so I'm messing with it every day so I can get used to it.

Guardian Protection Services Company Profile