toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your review of Guardian Protection! It's wonderful to hear the sales and installation experience went smoothly for you, that is our goal. Also, with a response time of less than 30 seconds, we pride ourselves in protecting what you value most in life.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 30, 2017

The sales representative that I spoke to was very friendly. Then the installers came out and we did the whole process then they hooked it up. Everything was in the wall by the time we moved in our brand-new home. Guardian has been very good so far. I had an incident where somebody came to my door and my daughter forgot the alarm was on. She opened the door, and they called me before she even disarmed it to let me know. That was pretty quick and I like that. I’d recommend them.

Hello Dorothy,

Thank you for being a long time customer of Guardian Protection Services! It's so wonderful to hear that you have felt protected for so long and we really value your safety. Our customer's safety and satisfaction is our #1 priority and we hope to help protect what you value most for many more years to come. Please let us know if you need anything, we are always here for you.

Nathan D.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: April 2, 2017

I've had Guardian for so long and I don't even think of changing. I'm protected and hundred percent happy. For my basement, I have the bars in the windows on the bottom and I have glass breakage. Whatever security feature was available, I got it. If by mistake, I opened the door, locked myself in at night time and decided to go in the garage, Guardian would call me right away. So everything is fine. I have recommended them to many friends. My daughter's also with Guardian. I'm still friends with Adam who was part of the installation team. He's a nice guy.

Hello Marilyn,

Thank you so much for being a long time customer of Guardian! We appreciate your feedback, and it's always great to hear that we could serve fabulous customers such as yourself for such a long time. The 24/7 monitored smoke protection is a great feature to have. If you ever need anything at all please just give us a call.

Nathan D.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: March 26, 2017

We like Guardian Protection real well. We've had it so long because we had it at our store and then when we had our house we had it put in our house too and that's a long time ago. We got Guardian's fire alarm and house protection and we're very satisfied. If we had to build another house, we'd put it in there too. If we ever had a problem, their sales reps have been here to help us. They were nice too and we weren't afraid to let them in. They were great.

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection! It's great to hear you had a positive experience and are looking into upgrading your package with your sales consultant. Please reach out with any questions you may have, our customer care team works extended hours 7 days a week.

Original review: July 20, 2017

The rep was actually great, and did her job. My mother put her on the phone with me and I gave her a hard time to start off with. We were building a house that had a fire. I got the alarm system put in and it really is good. And all the people that I've dealt with are really good. We had a test run when they were there. Then the other day I opened up the door and I thought why it was beeping and realized that it got turned off. One lady told me that I can look at the pictures and just upload the ones I wanted. And I found out yesterday that that's not the way it is. You have to upload everyone you look at. There's a couple of them that are actually on my phone but I was told yesterday any of the other ones had to be uploaded and you only have 40 uploads. I don't like the limit there.

The kids now come and go without having to call me every second because the system tells me when they've come in and that they've locked the thing back. Everything so far has been really good with Guardian. I've sent it to a few people too. Luke will be coming back in the next week or so bringing me some more stuff. One thing that I don't like about it is that when you turn it on, if you don't have things on your windows, it's on the screen telling you that there's nothing on the windows. But he gave me some to put on the window so it's not showing up 'cause he had no way of taking it off. And then I'm buying some more.

Hello Diana,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection a review! It's great to hear you would recommend us to others. I have located your account and will have a customer care agent reach out to assist with the broken contact.

Original review: July 20, 2017

The sales rep of Guardian that went to our house was really nice. The features offered in our system were really good, too. We just had an issue with one of the sensors because when we opened the window, it broke off. So we're still trying to get it replaced. But my home's so much safer since having Guardian Protection Services and I found that they're very reliable and their products are really good. I'd definitely recommend them.

Hi Sandra,

It's great to hear you have enjoyed the switch to Guardian Protection! We value your family's safety and it's so nice to hear you are enjoying the additional security features. Let us know if you ever have questions

Original review: July 19, 2017

My mother was with Brinks all those years and they grandfathered her in for the longest time and then over the last few years they raised her services that she thought it was time to change and went with Guardian Protection Services. When she passed away, I bought the house. I've only dealt with Guardian reps once and they were very helpful. They came out to the house and showed me how to use the system and updated everything. Since the installation was already there, the only thing they did was updated my board.

I've only had it for a month and I'm not at home all the time but I like their features very much. They function through the cell phone which is convenient for me since I don't have to have a landline. Every time somebody goes in and out, I get a text message telling me which code was used and who went in and out. So if anytime something goes, I know about it and I do like that a lot. They also have a feature where the system can be turned on and off by remote. Everything I have, I've liked so far. Their system tells me how to picture the space if I'm not there. So, I've had a great experience so far. They were very good and I've got more for my money than I got before.

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for your review of Guardian Protection! It's wonderful to hear the system has provided your family true peace of mind. It's always a great day when we can help someone feel more comfortable in their everyday life.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Guardian was working with the builder. I priced other competitors and got the better bang for my bucks with Guardian. The sales rep was very knowledgeable and friendly. He walked us through the whole process of choosing which security tier we wanted in our system. And then the installer came over that afternoon and I had to show him where the security system was in the basement. He went in there and was done within an hour and a half. He showed me the app, registered me for the website and got me squared away. I had an issue with our home networking and they were able to get in contact with me the next day. They set up an appointment to have somebody come and fix it.

Everything works great and I love using the app. My wife and I use it every day. The features are very straightforward and they make everything very easy and user-friendly. It's very convenient so I am very happy with that. Overall, I feel safe using the security system. I travel a bit and knowing that my wife is here at home by herself and have the security system puts me at ease. We also use it all the time when I and my wife leave the house.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for your feedback Jeffery. I'm sorry to hear that you experienced a delay with installation. We will use this information to be ever improving our services. Please let us know if you run into any other questions or concerns.

Original review: July 18, 2017

We met Guardian's salespeople at a local home show in Buffalo then set up an appointment. However, I was disappointed in the length of time it took to get the service installation scheduled. It easily took a month. Nevertheless, Guardian's price point is better than ADT. They have been $20 a month cheaper for us.

Furthermore, their installation crew was terrific. However, about a week ago, I contacted them and said that I needed a couple of the cameras that we moved. I placed two emails to them and I have not heard back from either one yet.

Still, the quality of the equipment is fine. The keypad is easy to use. While the control box is rather large, we are fortunate that we could have it in an out-of-the-way space. One time, we forgot that we had the system and we opened our door. The alarm went off right away and we shut it off, but Guardian Protection still called in seconds. I would certainly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Services?

Hello Alicia,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Guardian Protection experience. We look forward to providing you award-winning monitoring and extra peace of mind in your home. Please let us know if you have questions after you have a chance to work more with the system; however we hope it is user friendly for you!

Original review: July 18, 2017

We just bought a house and the previous owners had a contract with Guardian and we took it over. My husband talked to the customer service. They emailed him the contract for him to fill it out like sign it electronically and it was pretty easy. They installed four contact points and everything’s working properly. Then I had to call them about the Guardian app. It said that at 3:00 o’clock something in the morning that it was in duress. It had just went through from when they did the installation. The features of the system were good, it's just that we haven’t really gotten into it too much since we only had for a month.

Hello Ayana,

Thank you for the feedback on your Guardian Protection experience. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the cameras, we want to make sure our customers feel secure in their home. Also, I'm not sure why you were speaking to a robot, Guardian's customer service is 100% US based and we have live technical support 24 hours a day. I have located your account and will have a care agent call to personally make sure you are satisfied.

Original review: July 17, 2017

A referral by somebody I trusted led me to sign up for Guardian Protection Services. The sales rep came by and we emailed since then but I got his technician's phone number so I can get an immediate response. The technicians who installed the system were phenomenal and wonderful. They did everything that they could and had to come back at least once so far. It's nice to have a sign-up and to have a camera that others don't know doesn't work.

Guardian offered us the ring thing and it sounded great at the time but here we are and only one of us can use it. I'm in the house and I can't use the camera. But my husband's in California and he can use it. It doesn't make sense. I feel like I got robbed pretty much and it's very disappointing. My camera doesn't work right and I've already called the technician back at least once for it. I'm tired of calling. I also wish that Guardian had it all in one instead of having to go to a different company to get stuff. It would have made things a lot easier because when I called Guardian about it, they said it's the ring.com's thing.

I also forgot to set up my thing online and I had to call Guardian back because I didn't realize that there's only a certain amount of time before I can sign up for my account. So it's a lot of phone calls and I miss being able to speak to a human being. Now I had a lot of time to be on hold talking to a computer who's not going to understand. I needed one simple thing that's going to make it three times the amount of time it requires. It's been a learning experience with Guardian so far. I need to do more research before I sign anything ever again. In this day and age, when it comes to the cameras, I'd tell others that they might want to look somewhere else. I'd tell them to look around first and ask their neighbors about what works and what does not work before deciding on Guardian.

Derrick,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Guardian experience. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues. You can email wecare@gpsx.net or call our customer service department at 1-800-PROTECT. We'd be glad to help in any way.

Original review: July 17, 2017

The customer service rep of Guardian was nice and helpful. The technician who installed my product was also very good. He offered to clean up but it wasn’t a big deal. I just did it myself. The features of their system are good though there were days when I couldn’t get it to work. It still got a few little kinks that need to be worked out but hopefully, I can get that fixed. Overall experience has been good so far.

Hi Edith,

I'm glad that you've had a great Guardian experience so far! My records are showing that a guide was mailed to you but please let us know if you still haven't received one. You can call 1-800-PROTECT or email wecare@gpsx.net.

Original review: July 16, 2017

The young man who came in to install was very friendly, nice and professional. He explained to me what he was going to do and that’s what he did. And he did an excellent job. Then, the customer service reps called me to see how things were going and they have done really good as well. However, I was told that they'd send me a manual to explain all the little icons on the monitor and I got something in the mail from them but it's just another paper.

But all its features are good and I like the little keychain thing that you match. The system covers the windows and the doors too. So far, it’s been real good. I stay next door at night and when I came in one morning, I didn’t do something right and I had the alarm going off. Then somebody came on in the monitor right away and we got it straightened out. Everything was fine and I hadn’t had any other problems since then. I feel a lot safer now with Guardian and I ain’t got to worry about somebody sneaking in on me.

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for your feedback on your Guardian Protection experience, it will help us improve our customer experience. I'm very sorry to hear about the service issues, I looked into your account and see a service call has run to correct the issues. I will have a supervisor follow up with you to see how we can make this right for you.

Original review: July 16, 2017

We're having problems after problems with the Guardian system. We have a constant tampering on one of the sensors. My sister waited for them to come out last week, but then the tech called at the last minute, around 9:00, saying that he was given another job at 10:00 that night, when he promised her that he would be there between 8:00 and 8:30. If they gave him another job, why did that push us out of the time slot that he already promised? That's just bad customer service. It made my sister feel that her service is not as valued as the next person's, saying somebody else's service is more important than hers.

My sister tried to explain to them that we were in a crunch because we were getting ready for a wedding, and were not really going to be available. They tried to get us to bypass that sensor, but when you bypass the sensor and set that alarm, it just would set it off. We're very dissatisfied with Guardian and I would recommend it to nobody.

Hello Ivette,

Thank you for being a Guardian customer. I'm sorry if you were mislead about that sale, that is certainly not our intention and this will be helpful for training purposes. I have looked into your account and see the authorized dealer has offered to lower your rate and pay for the buyout of the previous provider. If you are in need of further assistance please let us know.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Guardian itself is okay, but the person who goes out to talk about it should be more honest with the customers. We had some problems with the sales. Nothing that the salesperson said was true. He talked us into it and then it was a big mess. We didn't know we were moving over to another company. He told us he was with both of the companies and that it wouldn't affect my mother's credit. He also told us that there was no contract. They told us that they were just going to install some cameras. One of them even asked us, "You guys didn't receive an email saying you guys have free cameras?"

And now we just found out that it's a five-year contract. We were almost done with our previous contract. We had a few months left, and that's what really upset my mom. We're going through an economic situation and I asked him a few times if this was with a contract, and he said no. They also lied to us about the rate but we can't prove to them what they told us here so we have to stick to a high rate.

Guardian Protection Services

Thanks for the review Nancy! I'm glad to hear you and your husband are experiencing the convenience and peace of mind Guardian can provide.

Original review: July 15, 2017

The installer of Guardian was good. He showed up on time, did the stuff and explained everything to us. My one complaint though was when they took off the little kind of covers for where stuff is going to get installed. But besides that, he was polite, valued our time and was very respectful, as well. And the features offered in my system are great, too. I love that we can use our phones and how the app makes accessibility that my husband kind of monitors things. It also gives you a lot more comfort. Where if you forget, you can always turn it on. I would definitely recommend it.

Hi Denise,

Thank you for the great customer testimonial! At Guardian, we are honored to help protect what you value most in the Baltimore, MD region.

Original review: July 14, 2017

We have Guardian at a new home. It was part of the promotion selling process. We wanted to choose the home security but didn’t want to deal with the aggravation but Guardian is fine in comparison to ADT. The installer was awesome. He knows his job very well and answered all the questions. He also told us that if any other questions would come up then we could give him a call. Everything is great with the system and working out perfect. We just started with them and haven't had any issues.

Hi James,

We appreciate your feedback and recommendation. Guardian is honored to help protect what matters most to you.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I heard Guardian was pretty good around the local the area so I went with it. The system is working well so far. And the smartphone features are very useful too, as far as arming and disarming and opening the garage door. Customer service explained everything to me on the phone even before installation. And the technician helped me set everything up, showed me the features and how to use the security system. He was very professional, reliable and knew what he’s talking about. I’ll refer him to friends. And will tell my friends that Guardian Protection has a lot of different features and things you can add to your house for security, as well.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for your review, Stephen. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you are enjoying our convenient, one-app. solution!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: July 13, 2017

Guardian Protection Services is a bit more costly than the system we have at our primary home but Guardian does have the access via my phone with the WiFi services. It’s good that we can lock and unlock the system when we need to. I enjoy that app. Our system has been working very well and we may get the new feature to control the thermostat through the app as well. It’s great sense of security knowing that I can set the alarm and thankfully I haven’t had any activation issues or warnings.

We had salespeople responsible for both the alarm system and the wiring for our surround system under our second home. They were good and wasn’t overselling. The installation gentleman explained the system a lot. We called them back in to help us hook up the receiver for the alarm system and the same activation guy came in and helped us with that. Overall, their people are professional individuals and a pleasure to work with.

Brian,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel like you didn't get an accurate story when you were working with Guardian and our trusted dealer Skyline. If you would like me to investigate any part of your experience, please reach out to wecare@gpsx.net or call our customer service department at 1-800-PROTECT and we will do our best to get to the bottom of any concerns you may have.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Guardian's adequate but probably the biggest disappointment that I have in terms of differences with my old service was they gave me the key fobs, but it didn’t have the capability to communicate with the garage door opener. Then, I was under the impression that Guardian could use the existing keypads that I had in the house especially with the new bill that I had, but their system didn’t work with the keypad at the front door. If I walk in through the front door, then I have to walk all the way around to the garage to turn off the alarm.

I was told by the sales rep that I could do those and I also could open and close the garage door from the remote system on my phone. I was also told that theirs would integrate with the system that I had, but that’s not the case. I had a conversation with the installer and the installer said that it's an add-on and I have to pay for that. But then he did a good job and was professional in installation. Guardian Protection Services was pretty good and the affordability was right there in line with everybody else. Using the smartphone's features was pretty seamless in terms of being able to arm and disarm the house quickly and easily. Overall, it has been pleasant and professional just over-promising and under delivering.

Guardian Protection Services

Thanks for the review, Sean. I'm glad you've had a good experience so far and got any issues resolved. Let us know if you ever have any other questions or concerns.

Original review: July 12, 2017

The salesman of Guardian was good. The guy showed up around 7:00, put the system in and I sat next to him talking to him. He was quick and was done by 8:30. I like the features offered in my system. I use the smartphone features every day to arm the system and before I go to bed every night, I make sure I lock all the doors. Also, if there’s a fire, the system will call the fireman and that’s good. However, one time, the fire alarm went off and it was really annoying. But I called the salesman and he came back out and checked it. It turned out that he had installed it improperly. But he took care of it. Guardian has good equipment and good staff and I definitely recommend them.

Hi Linton,

Thanks for your feedback. Please let us know if you have any trouble paying your bill online. You can do it by logging in at https://customercare.guardianprotection.com/. Let us know if you run into any other questions.

Original review: July 11, 2017

The reps answered all the questions that I had and the technicians were professional. I use the app and tried to pay my bills but I can't do that on it. I have to do it another way. Other than that, the equipment seems to be high quality and I don't have any issues with it.

Hello Lydia,

Thank you for your feedback on Guardian Protection, it will help us improve the customer experience. I have looked into your account and see that a service call ran on July 11th. If you are still having issues please reach out to wecare@gpsx.net and I would be glad to assist.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I called Guardian Protection yesterday about our alarm that kept going off all the time. I turn it off and after a little while it’d go back on. They got in touch with me over that microphone thing and I told their rep what happened but she wasn’t very polite. She said that I must have a door ajar but I told her that I just got up, turned the alarm off thinking it would be off and it went on and I hadn’t opened doors. They were supposed to send somebody out and so far they haven’t called me.

During the installation, it seemed they wanted to help and do everything for us but they didn’t change the panel box. It didn’t matter to me at first, but when my daughter came she said that it should've been changed. Other that that they put the camera in. I hadn’t talked to the Guardian reps anymore other than recently when the alarm went off. The other people used to come as soon as I called them when there was something going wrong with it. The technician said before to call him any time I needed to and he'd be here and I called him twice, the day before and yesterday, but heard nothing. The camera that we have is fine and that’s all we were interested in and of course the alarm. My husband uses their smartphone features but somehow I'm not getting it in mine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have a home security system from Skyline Security Management which was Guardian. We were forced to take it and they had poor salesmanship when they came. They were an older guy and a younger one. They were related to some place but there was no paperwork. All of it came on the computer. I was told they were going to come and put the security in and right after lunch, he would be here. That isn’t the way to run a business.

During installation, the guy was good about putting it in there. But there was something fishy. When you get something new that comes in a box, you open up each piece but the guy had a little cardboard box and he had a couple of tools in there and the parts are all in there. Plus, he had spare parts. So, I thought, "What the heck is going on there?” The stuff that he put in here, he put it in the box and palmed it off. The monitor was in there and there were batteries in it. But the guy didn't even have batteries to put in there. He had no decent tools to do the thing as well. We have an older home and was plastered and he couldn't even get through. I find it indecent. So, that turned me off right away. I was in the construction business too and I know how that runs.

When they put the security in, I unplugged it right away because I didn't want it. And then, Guardian called and said they have to come and fix it. I told them they could take it out. I also called Skyline Security and I told them we didn't want it at all. You can't stuff that down to older people. You have to explain every little bit if you want to sell something. They kept calling and then I got a bill from Guardian. I didn't know what was going on. I got on the phone and I called Guardian and they said I didn't owe them anything.

I told them to come and get their stuff out because I took it all out and put it in the box and set it aside because I am getting yard signs. So they finally said OK and I told them what the whole deal was. They made an appointment that they were going to come and get it. That was a month ago. They were here at the time that they said they would be. Overall, the sales was rotten, the installation wasn't okay and it wasn't the best. I wouldn't recommend Guardian Protection Services to anybody.

Hello Jose,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a phone review for Guardian Protection. It's great to hear you are happy with your services, customer satisfaction is our goal! I have located your account and will have a customer care agent reach out to help you with the vide doorbell. Please also feel free to reach out anytime to customer care at 1-888-895-4805.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: July 10, 2017

Guardian Protection Services has been good so far. Their reps were good. I'm happy because they worked with me to set up the system. The installation team was good too. I had one system put on the back door and one in the front door. They got different features however, I got my bell on the front with green and red lights and they're in and out. I don't know what they did and I don't know what to do with them. I need to fix that or they need to show me how it works. Nevertheless, I will recommend Guardian. In fact, I've got a couple friends asking for the service that they have.

Hello Sandy,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection! It's wonderful to hear that the installation went smoothly and you feel comfortable using your system. Our customer care team works extended hours, 7 days a week, if you ever have questions.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Guardian's salesperson was awesome. He was low on pressure so my interactions with him were relaxed. Also, the gentleman who came out for the installation was extremely knowledgeable. He went through what he was going to do fairly quickly. After he got things done, he was very thorough in explaining everything before he left and made sure I understood.

Now that I have my Guardian System, I have a higher sense of security. I have fewer worries at night when I turn my alarm system on. The sensors are working well and while I had a problem with one of my doorbell cameras, someone came out to replace them and now they're working fine. But I wish I could activate my system and bypass doors from my phone. I like to bypass one of my doors at night and I always have to go to the control panel to do that.

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for the review. If you are still having trouble with your switch, please let us know by emailing wecare@gpsx.net or calling 1-800-PROTECT. It looks like you have been working with one of our trusted dealers and we can contact them if you still need assistance.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Guardian Protection Services showed up at our door and told us what a better system they had and it was up to date and the old Protection One system was out of date. They said they could upgrade it and give us a better deal and not hold us to a yearly contract. Our contract with Protection One was up in July so we decided that we would go with the month by month with Guardian. Their representatives were very clear and precise. But they were somewhat pushy in their sales pitch and when they came in, they just took apart the existing facility that was put in here by Protection One. The technicians were very good and the installation was very quick and precise. They added more windows than what we had before.

We’re pleased with Guardian but Protection One still calls us demanding an extra month rent because they said we didn’t give them 30 days. I don’t like the way that one company takes over for the other company without our knowledge on all the outcome and any problems that we would have with switching.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection as your home security provider! We look forward to providing you extra peace of mind, and we also love the doorbell feature. You may test your system at anytime at our online customer care portal or by calling customer service at 1-888-895-4805 if you ever have questions, please reach out.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: July 8, 2017

Everybody at Guardian Protection was good. I like the sales guy as he knew his stuff, and the same goes for the technician that came out. I like the features offered in the system I have the basic burg, the video doorbell, and the garage door control. My wife likes the doorbell. It's pretty neat and cool that we can answer our door away from home and talk to the person. However, I've had one malfunction. We're always home, so I don't really arm the system that often, but when I did over the weekend and we left, I got a call that the back door alarmed. They asked if I wanted the police to be sent, and I said, no, it couldn't be as I only left there an hour ago. It was 5 o' clock, sunny, and the neighbors were out. I just said, "Well, if it happens again I'll call Guardian." But it bothered me the whole night. As soon as I got home, I disarmed it, it went on and everything's fine. So far, I've armed it twice, left for a couple hours, and it hasn't come back.

Other than that, I like the idea how Guardian brought it all together in one app. Residential security is new to me and I know I'm new with the technology out there, but I also know that I'm capable of going down deep on getting my video doorbell and app. I also like the idea that the system's buttoned up when we leave. It was a pleasant experience with Guardian overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Guardian reps approached us at our newly built house, told us a little bit about their product, and then asked for our phone numbers. It took a while for us to close on the house and then Guardian called us and asked if we were ready. I liked the way the salesman, Joe, came and told us about all the different security measures that we can have in our house. I also liked that I can get the cameras and I can see from my phone. We did a bit of research on other companies, but Guardian was the best one we found. I went with them because I liked the price. The installation went well and the guy that came here was very nice. He walked me through the process of how to arm, disarm and work the whole system. The features are very easy to use, which is really good.

Guardian was very quick and responsive when they were first trying to get us as buyers, but once we agreed and had the system in our home, it’s harder to get a hold of them. They forgot to put sensors on a window in my room and then something’s not working on the garage doors and we’ve been chasing them for about a month. I understand they have other customers and other things they have to do, but the time of them coming back to fix things is a bit lacking. They keep saying they'll come, but they haven’t been here to fix the problem. I call Joe if I have an issue, and there were a couple of times, and he's told me what to do. I have the apps on my phone, so throughout the day when I’m not home, I could monitor what’s going on outside of my house, in the front and backyard and by the doorbell.

If I’m not in the house and somebody rings the doorbell, I can go back and see who was there. However, I wasn’t told that the 30-day recording of the videos was going to expire. There's an extra charge if I want to add that on to my plan. Also, they said I had to charge the doorbell every three months, but I have had to charge it twice in the two months that I’ve been in the house. Maybe I didn’t charge it right the first time, but then I had to recharge it. Overall, I feel a lot better in the home because I have the alarm on when I leave. I’ve had a couple of problems with Guardian, but it’s a good service and we feel more secure.

Hi Sean,

Thank you for the review regarding your service experience with Guardian Protection! It's great to hear the tech resolved the problem in a timely manner, I will make sure he receives your compliments.

Original review: July 7, 2017

System down no power: Master Tech Mr. S. ** was very professional finding the problem in my home and resolved the problem in a timely manner. He was respectful and knowledgeable. He was an outstanding tech giving the customer a clear understanding and communicating the issues. Thank you!

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with Consumer Affairs, Kay. We're glad you've had an exceptional experience so far. Let us know if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Original review: July 7, 2017

We’ve had Guardian Protection Services for two months now and we’re doing good with them. We’re unhappy with the other one we had. They kept calling at three in the morning at our son's house. They were calling to tell us that there was a low battery. I told them they weren't calling in our house and they said, "Oh yes, we were." I looked on my phone to see if there's a phone call in and there weren't any. So we dumped them. Guardian is 100% better than them. We’re very satisfied with this company and I’d recommend them.

Their salesmen and technicians were very polite, forthcoming, and informative. We talked to the salesperson and he went through all the things that they could do for us. The guy said, "We can do this, we can do that for you. If you ever have any problems, you call." He also gave us a packet so that we if had any problems, we could call the company. The techs who came and set the security system up were helpful, even with us old folks that don't know how to work a computer. Also, I love the features offered with the system. We can take off something and put it back on if we want to. My husband wants to add the feature where all nuisance calls can be blocked out. Everything is working well. One of us is usually up until it’s late so we know what's going on in the neighborhood.

Guardian Protection Services

Hi Kevin. Thank you for sharing your experience. If you need any assistance configuring your system, please let us know. You can call 1-800-PROTECT or email us at wecare@gpsx.net. Glad to hear you're experiencing the peace of mind Guardian provides!

Original review: July 7, 2017

We have Guardian Protection Services for our business. We had ADT before and Guardian is a lot easier to use and more user-friendly. Our general manager set them up and the installation was easy and quick. They came in, installed everything and told me how they work and how they are connected. I like it and we feel a lot more secure since it has been installed. The only thing is that they were not able to add any extra people on the device, as far as codes go. I didn't see that I'll be able to do that on the machine.

Hi Rita,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs! It's great to hear the installation went smoothly and our customer service agent was able to answer all of your questions. Our customer service is open 7 days a week if you ever need us!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: July 6, 2017

I previously had a different home security system but I like Guardian Protection better since I have the app on the phone. I'd show it to a friend who would ask about Guardian Protection and he'd really like that. It's impressive in that sense. Also their customer service rep was excellent, so not like "You try the tutorial video" and all that. They handled my situation very professionally. Plus the installation was done very well and the installation team was in and out quickly. Guardian's security equipment is perfect and very easy to use. And I also feel better since the gentleman added sensors in the stained glass doors.

Guardian Protection Services

Thank you for describing your experience to Consumer Affairs, Eric. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: July 5, 2017

For the community that I purchased in, there was an agreement with Guardian where there was a discount on the monthly amount for the first 12 months, as well as for being an employee of NVR Incorporated. The installer came in and installed the equipment. He’s a very nice guy. He actually came back two days later and solved my issue with the TV mount. I love the features offered in my system. I love that I can open up my garage door, control the thermostat and lock my whole house pretty much with my phone on the app. It’s very convenient. It’s also nice knowing that when I leave the house every morning that it is going to be secured. If there is any break in, I’d be notified by Guardian. The neighborhood’s kind of off a beaten path, so I feel pretty safe in the neighborhood itself.

Guardian Protection Services Company Profile