toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Lori,

Thank you for sharing your story with Guardian Protection Services! We work around the clock to help protect you and your furry friends, this was such a great story. Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: March 7, 2017

I have Guardian which I first heard from my uncle who had it, too. I was having some issues with the neighbor then. I had just become widowed and was extremely scared living by myself and their sales rep was perfect with me during our interactions. One time, I was on a trip. I had just gotten a kitten and I had the door locked and it had a little toy hanging from the door and the kitten must have hit it because the alarm went off. So I was called and I said “Oh, no.” and that I knew what that was. They said they were the state police because Guardian calls right away as soon as something hits. They've been great all in all.

Hi Austin,

We hope you are enjoying the convenience your new system can provide. Welcome to the Guardian family!

Katelyn G.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Guardian Protection Services was referred by a utility concierge and they handled everything when I decided on the system. I was there when the guy installed the system and he was really professional, friendly, and very quick. He did good work and everything was cleaned up afterwards.

Guardian Protection Services

Thanks for your review Rebba. We love to hear customer stories like yours. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any questions or concerns.

Katelyn G.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The house that we got was pretty big and we wanted everything to be secured, and in case my son and daughter ever wanted to go to the house while we're not there, they could have their own code for the door to get in. The service that Guardian Protection has provided so far has been excellent. Their sales reps were real knowledgeable and everything with the installation team was outstanding. They were on time, showed us how to use the product and cleaned up after themselves. I got it in two houses. I got one for the house that we're living in and then another for our house that my son is living in.

Hello Sherry,

Thank you for telling us about your Guardian sales and installation experience! It's great to hear your installer provided an excellent customer experience, I look forward to letting him know your kind words. We hope you enjoy the additional peace of mind a 24/7 monitored security system brings you.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: March 22, 2017

I called Guardian Protection Services and talked to their rep about it, ordered it, and within two days, they were out there. The one that I have is 24/7 wherein when it goes off, they notify the police or fire. Their installer was very nice and professional. He walked me through everything because I’m not computer savvy and he was fabulous. So far, I'm a hundred percent satisfied with them.

Hi Joy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian a review, we appreciate that! It's great to hear your sales and installation experience went well, thank you for the recommendations!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: March 21, 2017

It was good with the sales reps, as well as with the installation team of Guardian Protection Services. So far, we're satisfied with the service. We'd recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Services?

Hello Edna,

It's great to hear you've been a long time customer of Guardian's! Thank you for your continued patronage, and if we can be of any more assistance please don't hesitate to call customer service.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: March 20, 2017

I've had Guardian Protection Services for so long and they have served me well. They call me once in a while and remind me to try the system out to see if it's working okay.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your installation experience with Guardian! I will make sure to pass along your compliments to the technician, thank you for letting us know.

Have a safe day!

Original review: March 19, 2017

I like Guardian fine. The guy that came out here and did the installation of the security system was terrific. I got a different take on each guy that came in. The previous guy had said, "It's this." But the other guy said, "No, no. He didn't do it right. I have to do this." So we got the same guy two or three times, and it was perfect with him.

Hello Irane,

Thank you for being a long time customer of Guardian's! It's wonderful that you have come to expect the daily peace of mind a monitored security system can provide. If you would ever like an upgrade just let us know at wecare@gpsx.net!

Original review: March 19, 2017

Everything's been good and we haven't had any problem with Guardian. It was already installed in the building when I started about 7 years ago. It may have been installed ever since we got a system and it's the only one that's ever been in here. We have the keypads and the alarms on the doors so when one opens the door, a chime goes off. We have that on all the doors, even in the offices upstairs. Sometimes the alarm will start beeping and then we have Guardian come out and they mostly just change the battery.

Hello Laura,

Welcome to the Guardian family! It's great to hear you were set up by one of our authorized partners. We hope you find the home security and extra peace of mind comforting. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: March 18, 2017

My father works for a locally owned security company up in Hagerstown, Maryland. He did a little bit of research to find a comparable company here in the North Carolina area for us and he found the Iwatch Company in Raleigh which uses Guardian Protection Services. We ended up getting Guardian's standard monitoring glass break, door and window contacts, and the smoke detector. We had a minor billing snafu where both Iwatch and Guardian charged us for our first month. I just sent a quick email and said we got charged like five days apart from the two companies, and Guardian took care of it. They gave us credit for the next month. We've only had Guardian for a couple of weeks but we're pleased so far.

Hello Barbara,

Thank you for being a long time Guardian customer! We appreciate you spreading the word and recommending us to neighbors, that's the biggest compliment we can receive! It's also great to hear that our response time has been fast, we do set a precedence of responding in 30 seconds or less to alarms. Our customer's safety is our top priority!

Original review: March 18, 2017

Guardian is a very reputable company and we've had them for 15-20 years now. I never had a problem and when we needed their help they were there for us. We've had a couple of times where the alarm went off either by our mistake of pressing the wrong button or whatever when we first started and their response was very quick. The fee has gone up since we first started and the people who came to our home and described what the service was about were very informative. Whatever they told us about the alarm, we were very pleased enough to become a subscriber and I have mentioned it to two or three other neighbors who did take advantage of it all. We're very satisfied with what we have.

Hello Joseph,

First, I want to thank you for being a long-time customer of Guardian -- we are happy to have been able to provide you with monitoring services. Thank you again and we value your business! With regard to your question regarding the rate increase, Guardian’s number one priority is to deliver an excellent level of service to you. Like any other company, we work very hard not to pass along cost increases until it is absolutely necessary to do so in order to continue to provide you with the level of service excellence that you expect from Guardian. Though the increase is nominal, please keep in mind that the same excellent level of monitoring service you have counted on since you first became a customer of Guardian will continue to be available to you 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, along with our customer service team who can assist you with all of your questions. I hope that we can continue to count on you as a loyal Guardian customer.

If we can be of any further assistance please email us at wecare@gpsx.net.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Guardian keeps on increasing their price and they do this quite often. I have a dog, and the motion monitors go off quickly.

Hello Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your installation experience. It's great to hear the installer took his time with you, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues now. I looked into your account and see you spoke with a customer care agent on 3/20 and we are mailing you a function guide to help with your system operation. Please let us know if we can be of any more assistance.

sincerely,

Original review: March 17, 2017

I've got a new monitor thing, alarm and pendant in the service package that I bought from Guardian Protection Services. The installation guy was fine and knew what he was doing. At that time, I couldn't get my phone to work properly so we couldn't install the app on my phone. The rep kept going over and over with me on how to use the pad on the wall. I then I understood it and I was able to work it. But when I went to sleep, I forgot what they told me, especially that I don't have a strong memory. So, I'm not able to work it again. I was dissatisfied because I didn't get any paperwork to understand it and they didn't leave me any instructions on paper. If the alarm will go off, I wouldn't know what to do.

Hello Ankur,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian a review. It's great to hear the installation experience went well, I will make sure to pass along your compliments.

Original review: March 16, 2017

The prices were a little bit high in the beginning, but after going back and forth and Guardian seeing that we’ve been long-time customers, they were able to come down to a reasonable price and offer us the service that we have now. My wife said that the installers were very professional, cleaned up after themselves and did a pretty good job. And they left in a reasonable amount of time. I haven’t had any issues for the 15 years that my parents have had them. I'm very satisfied with their service.

Hi Julie,

Thank you for being a valued customer and welcome to the Guardian family! It's great to hear you found us at a home show and I will pass along your compliments to the sales rep. Also it's very exciting that you were able to upgrade to our interactive and Z-wave home automation packages, enjoy!

Original review: March 16, 2017

We found Guardian at a home show and we were very happy with the interactions we had with their salesperson at the booth. That was what sold us. A technician came here and was on time. He did a very good job and explained everything to us. We already had a system so he upgraded it with the touchscreen panel. We have the thermostat and image sensor since they come in very handy for us. We love the thermostat and we use it all the time. We use the image sensor a couple of times and I like the peek in feature.

Hello Marion,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection Services a review. I understand from the notes on your father's account that our customer loyalty team has been in touch and Guardian has provided options for his account. If we can be of any more assistance please let me know.

Original review: March 15, 2017

My father has dementia and is no longer able to live in his home. While the contract clearly states the service is for 60 months, I would expect it to be terminated for an elderly person (who pretty clearly had dementia when the system was sold to him) on a limited income. At the time of installation I was shocked because my father clearly thought he had received a "free" system. The contract shows that he paid 640.00 up front in addition to the 40.00 per month monitoring fees.

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for being a valued Guardian customer! It's great to hear our security consultant was able to find a good fit for your home security needs. We are here around the clock to help protect what matters most to you and we hope you enjoy the additional peace of mind.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I was gonna go with SimpliSafe but the sales rep from Guardian that I talked to was pretty knowledgeable about these alarm companies and he explained some things about SimpliSafe and proved that Guardian is a good company. I wasn't going to try to hear him when he first approached me but he got my attention and made me listen. He was great, very knowledgeable and polite. I was gonna size Guardian up but he explained everything and he opened my eyes to a lot of things and I really appreciate that. I'm really grateful that I listened and I love the burglar alarm system. It lets me know when someone is approaching the front door. I'm really enjoying it and I haven't had any problems with it. I've already told my visitors and relatives who come over about the system and recommended it to them.

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your Guardian installation experience. If we can ever be of assistance in the future please give us a call!

Original review: March 15, 2017

I already had a system in and when I had read all the fine print and had called my other company, it turned out that I still had a year left on my contract and was going to cost me $1,000 to get out of it. So in turn it was gonna come back and bite me so I cancelled with Guardian within the three-day policy with no penalties. They ended up taking everything back out. So I only had the service for about a week.

Guardian went through Adam Security who was really quick to put everything in. In fact, a little faster than I wanted. I didn’t like how fast and pressured they were doing their business. They showed up at my house at 8 o’clock at night. If they would have given me a day to call the other company, they would never have installed the other one in the first place and then have to uninstall it again because I would have been able to tell them that I’m still on contract.

But from what I’ve seen on Guardian, they have a nice service and I like the system that they put in. Even when they took the system out, I was still getting daily reminders on my phone saying that I’m having problems with my system.

Hello Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection Services a review. We are very glad to hear you have recommended Guardian to others! Please don't hesitate to call if you ever need assistance.

Original review: March 15, 2017

A couple of times, I had difficulties and Guardian came out. They were very polite and solved whatever the problem was. I have recommended them.

Hello Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection a review. It's great to hear you have the motion protection in your home in case anything would trip the alarm. I'm sorry to hear we didn't call, I would recommend testing your system with us over the phone at least once a month at 1-888-895-4805. Thank you!

Original review: March 14, 2017

Guardian is great overall. Our alarm doesn't go off all that often, but there have been a couple of times where the alarm went off and I had to go down and reset it. For instance, we have a motion detector at the base of the staircase, coming from the basement up to the first floor. So if somebody broke a window in the basement to try and come up, it would set it off. We had a couple of times when a spider or centipede moved in front of it and set it off but nobody called. But everybody's allowed once or twice to mess up, so Guardian is still pretty good. We're happy with the experience.

Hi Terence,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection! I'm sorry to hear about the battery issue, but it's great the tech was able to come out quickly and resolve it for you. Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: March 14, 2017

The Guardian Protection Services sales rep was friendly, answered all my questions and installed the system pretty quickly. When the battery fell out, he came back a second time. He didn't live far away from here so he came right by and took care of that. In the three weeks so far, everything has been good. The system is pretty much the same as the one I have at work. I turn it on, disarm and arm it. I don't have any problems with the service and I'm pretty satisfied.

Hello Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your sales and installation experience with Guardian Protection! It's great to hear you are enjoying the services thus far, being a leader in the home security and automation business we do try our best to stay competitive with our pricing. Please let me know if we can be of any more assistance.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I purchased Guardian Protection Services through Ranger Technologies and the woman who sold it to me was very nice. Their installer came on time and he was really good and very knowledgeable. It's only been a couple of weeks but their service has been good so far. Overall, it's been a good experience. However, the charges that I'm paying per month is a lot higher than some of the other offers and I only found out after I already purchased from them.

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for leaving Guardian Protection a review! It's great to hear you were referred to us from a coworker, word of the mouth is our biggest advertiser! Have a safe day!

Original review: March 13, 2017

I heard about Guardian Protection from a coworker. I needed a normal alarm system, so I purchased from them, and their sales representative was really good. During the installation, they changed something with the panel, tested everything, and they showed me how it worked. The service has been really good so far and everything has gone smoothly.

Hello Brad,

This is a really neat testimonial, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a phone review! We are happy you are a long time customer and have been satisfied with the services, we also agree the additional "peace of mind" is worth it!

Original review: March 13, 2017

Guardian Protection Services is a great company. I purchased the house in '95, and that was the only protection service around at the time. They came out and sold me their system, and I've had it ever since. I have all the doors and windows covered, and got fire alarms as well. I've never had a problem. Having the signs out front scares everybody away. I have a massive home surveillance system with 16 cameras all over the property. I have an awful lot of people at the house because I'm a reptile breeder, and whenever the people come in, they can see all the screens lined up with a view of every inch of the two acres. It would actually be hopeless for somebody to try to do anything, and then I got the Guardian on top of it.

The Guardian team is extremely professional. They're all from the United States, which is always nice as I can understand them. They're also really fast and always do a great job. I was always happy with everything that they ever did. And then sometimes when I call them, they get somebody out here the same day, and it's unbelievable. The experience is just excellent all around.

Hi Gerry,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experiences with Guardian! These are some great stories and insight into what home security is all about. We also hope that you stay safe, remember to always arm that system!

Original review: March 13, 2017

I’ve had Guardian Protection for a long time. I’ve never had any problems with it that’s why I have never changed. I’ve also had a lot of offers for upgrading and other companies have this other stuff that you put on your phone and look at your house but I don’t do that. I have a flip phone and I’m fine with the simple stuff I have. Also, the price has gone up a little bit here and there, but for as long as I have the security system, I can’t complain about that either. I’m retired, so I really don’t leave the house a whole lot and I haven’t really activated my system for a while but I had somebody call me and asked if everything was alright and to test my system periodically.

I’ve had a couple of times where my alarm went off where I had forgotten to lock my back door. When I closed my front door, it was a windy day, I had set the alarm and my son’s calling to tell me the police is in the backyard. A few times that it has accidentally gone off, the police have been here pretty good so the system works. But I thank God I’ve never had to say that somebody was really breaking into my house. I live in Clairton and it’s a bad town. Also, I have a sign out there and I think that’s why nobody has attempted to break in. In addition, there's a lot of cars on our driveway so they never know when I’m not here so that's another reason that protects me besides Guardian. I would recommend them.

Hello Brian,

Welcome to the Guardian Family! It's great to hear our technology can bring some extra peace of mind and convenience to your busy day. Thank you again for being a valued customer.

Original review: March 12, 2017

We got Guardian Protection's basic services for our business. Their sales rep was pleasant and informative, and their installer was great. Since its installation, we've had peace of mind and less worries. It’s nice to see when staff come and go. I really like their app and the ability to interact with it on my phone. And, the little device on the wall tells me my weather when I walk by which is really nice.

Hello Bertha,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Guardian Protection Services a review! We are very glad to hear that you have the medical panic device in case you ever need to use it. I will have a customer care agent research your request further to see if we can get you a replacement. They should be in touch soon.

Original review: March 12, 2017

Guardian Protection is very fast to remind me if I forgot to write them or if I've got to cover a bill, which is very correct for them to do so. I'll be 85, and it happens sometimes. I have the device on as a bracelet. I chose that because I cannot wear anything too long on my neck. Now, my bracelet is loose and it turns around my pulse sometimes and hits the button. I want a new bracelet because the rubber on the bracelet is stretching, so it gets bigger, as I have to put in my hand a lot. It also takes long until they answer the phone. First, they cut off the line, make a noise, and by the time I hear them, it's been at least two or three minutes. And when in a difficult time, every second or every minute counts. But aside from those, Guardian Protection is very effective and I'm very happy.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for giving us a detailed synopsis of your sales and install experience with Guardian Protection. I'm glad to hear our sales people were courteous, however I apologize for the lack of follow up on your concerns and will make sure this is reviewed today and you receive a phone call as soon as possible, I have located your account.

Original review: March 12, 2017

Guardian Protection was referred to us by a moving concierge that our real estate agent put us in touch with. And so, we got the 24/7 home security package which included windows and doors. Their sales team was very friendly and courteous but they were less than forthright. Everything that came with the house was already wired for ADT. They said that they would be able to reuse everything. It was awesome because we didn't have to buy anything else. Unfortunately, the keypads were the two items that they couldn't use and those were the most expensive items around. They replaced one keypad but then said we were going to have to buy the second one and they comped low-end keypad, which was like a $50 value. That ticked me off a little bit because it wasn't what we were told.

Also, we had video surveillance that came with the house that the previous owners tied to ADT. They said that it doesn't tie into their system. Similarly, the previous owner had the Nest heating system and that didn't tie in either. Moreover, after they left, I noticed that when we opened a couple of windows, the alarm sensors were broken in one of them. Something happened during installation and they got broken. We've called twice to tell Guardian what's going on and we haven't heard from them. Despite informing them, we get emails from them every night telling us that our system is not armed. They tell us that but they don't call back to fix any of the problems. They are nice people but that doesn't help any.

Hi Orlando,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your installation experience. It's great that Guardian had security solutions for you around the same price you were comfortable with paying. Welcome to the Guardian family!

Original review: March 12, 2017

Guardian Protection Services' sales reps were very willing to show me how the system works and the options that they have. The guy that did the installation knew what he was doing. He came in and ended up swapping out everything that needed to get swapped out so it was seamless. I'm paying the same amount as I was before except that my equipment's updated and they have significantly better coverage.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for telling us about your installation with Guardian! It's great you heard about us from your friend, we love word of mouth referrals! Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I heard about Guardian Protection Services from a friend and so far, it’s been okay. The installation people were good and they seemed to know what they were doing. Overall, it was a satisfactory install and satisfactory thereafter.

Hello John,

Thank you for leaving a review for your experience with Guardian Protection Services! It's always great to hear from a long term customer such as yourself, and we appreciate your business.

Have a safe day!

Original review: March 11, 2017

One of the places I dealt with before always had good service with Guardian so I decided to get the system myself back in 2003. I had lived in another house but had my account transferred to a different one and the new alarm system put in this one right now. Both of the times the technicians were here, I had no problem. They were great people. Anytime I call Guardian, if I had a problem, they're very good with me. And I had a bit of financial problem and they worked it out with me, which I was very appreciative of. They're wonderful. I’ve always had good experiences with them since 2003.

Guardian Protection Services Company Profile