Get a Free Quote Visit Website
Accredited Partner

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.16/5
Visit Website

Guardian Protection provides years of experience in innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses in the following states: DE, DC, FL, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, NJ, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV. Guardian provides the Edge™ in high-tech, reliable options. Some services include traditional security technology including intrusion and fire detection, indoor and outdoor video security, and smart home features like automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. These services can be accessed from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens you can feel comfortable knowing that our 24/7, award-winning monitoring center will initiate a response in an average of 30 seconds or less.

Get the Guardian Edge™: More than just security; peace of mind and convenience. Call us today! We Connect What Matters!

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Guardian Protection’s three plans cover most people’s needs. Although they charge an installation fee, reviews praise their helpful customer service, and the basic equipment is included.

PROS

• Highly praised customer service
  • Home Theft Protection Guarantee
  • Complimentary basic equipment

CONS

• Services limited by state
  • Installation fees

Top Guardian Protection Reviews

I'm single. I just have me and my little dog so I feel much safer having the Guardian system … I do arm it when I'm gone for work then also if I go somewhere for a weekend. It makes me feel better knowing that I have that extra level of security.

My husband traveled and I was nervous about being home alone … I started looking and Guardian's price was right when they were gonna put it into my house … I’ve probably had Guardian for 20 years and it’s been a good experience. I’m very satisfied with Guardian.

How does Guardian Protection work?

Guardian Protection offers three different plans with contracts running from 3 to 5 years in length. Guardian Protection also has “smash-and-crash” technology that keeps the protection going even if a thief tampers with or otherwise damages your security system.

To get started, speak with a Guardian Protection representative — they will be able to walk you through the different plan options and help you choose the best one for your needs.

Guardian Protection plans

Guardian Protection has three plans: Standard, Essential and Premium. Every package from Guardian comes with wireless and cellular connection, 24/7 monitoring, free mobile app usage and limited lifetime system repair. The Standard package starts at $29.95, the Essential package starts at $45.99, and the Edge package starts at $59.99.

Guardian Protection also has a Home Theft Protection Guarantee: If there is a break-in at your house, Guardian Protection will pay the customer $500 to put toward their deductible.

StandardEssentialPremium
Touchscreen control keypad
3 door and window sensors
Motion sensor
Smoke detector
Yard sign and window decals
24/7 professional monitoring
Medical pendant
One home automation device*
One video surveillance device**
Standard
Essential
Premium
*An HD video doorbell, garage door switch, light module, thermostat or door lock.**An indoor camera, outdoor camera or HD video doorbell.

Guardian Protection products

The basic package from Guardian Protection comes with a wireless touchscreen control panel. With the control panel, you can arm and disarm the system, check your sensor status, speak to the monitoring center and even see the daily forecast. You can upgrade to the more advanced Qolsys IQ Panel 2 touch screen for about $200, which includes a camera, siren, glass break sensor, and other features. A Guardian Protection app is also available for your mobile device. Other equipment from Guardian Protection includes:

• motion sensor systems
  • glass break detector
  • indoor cameras and outdoor cameras
  • garage door switch
  • door locks
  • door and window sensors
  • central monitoring station

For a full Guardian home technologies price list, it’s best to contact the company directly.

Guardian Protection installation

A Guardian professional must install the Guardian Protection security system, and there is an additional fee for this installation added to your bill. For the Basic package, this addition will probably be $99; but, it might cost more for more complex packages or additional equipment.

Guardian Protection FAQ

Is Guardian Protection available in my state?
Guardian Protection services are available in:
  • Arizona
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia
What do reviews say about Guardian Protection?
Guardian Protection reviews mention Guardian’s friendly and helpful customer service in addition to their quick alarm response times.
How to cancel Guardian Protection services?
Contact Guardian Protection directly if you wish to cancel a Guardian protection service contract; however, the company has a strict cancellation policy. If you cancel, you must still pay 100% of your remaining balance.

Do we recommend Guardian Protection?

We recommend Guardian Protection. We like that Guardian Protection takes responsibility in the case of a robbery by providing $500 toward the insurance deductible. We also like Guardian Protection's smart home features that make it easy to stay updated with your home security. Just make sure that Guardian Protection provides service in your state.

Guardian Protection Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Before using Guardian Protection, I used two different home security systems, one of which was Protection 1. The Guardian system that I have now is better. The only thing that ticked me off was I was still under contract with Protection 1, and Chris, who was the salesman, told me, “Well, if you are, we’ll go ahead and pay what you owe off.” After that, I never saw him again or heard from him, and I end up paying $1,000 -- it was not that I couldn’t afford it. When I contacted Guardian, he wasn't working there anymore.

But I had some new stuff put in because my smoke detector wasn’t hooked up to the system and it kept beeping. I’ve got vaulted ceilings here and it’s right at the top. I’d had to get a ladder that was 15-foot tall in order to get up there. And I had changed it once, a couple years ago, but a little bit younger then and I did not feel like climbing up ladders. So, I had called Guardian, had them put in a new smoke detector which is hooked up to my panel, and it’s at a place where if the battery needs to be changed, I can just get on a stool and take it off.

But they also put in a carbon dioxide checker too. And they put that where if there was carbon monoxide in the house from my heater or something, it would show up. And I’ve never had a problem with carbon monoxide, but you cannot take a chance. So, I had them put it in. It was expensive, but I could afford it. I knew it was gonna cost me because they told me ahead of time what it was gonna cost, which was okay. When they put the system in, they didn’t charge me anything. It was one of those advertisement things where they come around all the time. All you have to do is pay the first payments and that is it, which is fine.

So, now, if something happens where I got smoke and it sets the alarm off, I can go to the panel and put my code in and have the thing shut off because I have had smoke in here one time. I had oil in a cast-iron frying pan and I was curing it, so I had it on fire under it. And I forgot about it and went to the bedroom, and I was talking to my wife. So, all of a sudden, the siren goes off and I came running in there and the house was full of smoke. I then went ahead and opened the doors and everything else and tried to shut the thing off. It took me a couple of times before there was no smoke.

I called up Protection 1 and told them, “I just had a little problem with smoke on my stove.” My wife said, “Everything’s taken care of. Please, don’t send anybody out.” The fire department come over, however, and parked out in front of my house, and I told them what happened. Overall, Guardian has been good. If I’ve had something wrong, they’d come out and fix it. Also, the guy who did the installation did a good job and he took care of business. He was very pleasant to talk to as well.

Hi Edward,

Thank you for providing detailed feedback on your customer experience. It's great to hear you are finding the security system reliable and the customer care helpful. We appreciate your continued business very much.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Guardian is much superior than the other provider that I've used in the past. Their tech seemed very capable. I needed a strobe put in because I have a hearing problem, and he haven't done that before, but he sat and figured it out and got it in just fine. He had to order the strobe light and come back a second day. They don't carry them. I happen to live in a town that has a lot of elderly and disabled people as well as the state's school for the deaf. So given the demographics here, there are people who would use the strobe light. And if they realized they had it, they would probably want it. But other than that, it was a very professional, polite, and pleasant interaction.

I am in a wheelchair, and I have mobility and physical issues, and I also have hearing problems. I like the fact that I can take the panel from room to room with me and have it at hand where I can deal with it instead of having it up. The system I had before was on the wall and I had to stand up out of my wheelchair and reach above me to use it, which was quite inconvenient. But with Guardian, it's wherever I need it to be. I can also do the same way with the strobe and siren system, which is a little plug-in thing that goes into the wall like your system.

The other system that I had would announce whenever there was a tornado warning for my particular area. There was a kind of a beeping tone that would come across to let me know, and a message that appeared on the screen that there was a tornado within my area. I needed to be aware of that as a safety feature. I do miss that and I wish Guardian does that too. Also, I really wish there was a manual that came with it. I have a great deal of difficulty figuring things out by guess and by gosh, and I'm very good with electronics. I wish it was a small six-page pamphlet that explains, "If you want to do this, this is how you do it or this is what this feature is," type thing.

The strobe light makes me feel very much more secure. I have a feeling that several times people come to my door and I don't even know they're there. I have had a few times when people have tried to deliver packages and I've had to call them to come back two or three times and told them they have to call me and let me know that they were at the door because I would not come to pick up the package because I wouldn't know they were at my door. That was a little bit scary.

The tech set up the system in the main room, so it's where it is most of the time, but when I go to bed at night, I take the strobe and the pad in my room with me as well as I have a wristband. He also was able to hook it up to go through by telephone and internet. With the other system I had before, I had a wired house internet. They couldn't put that through which didn't make much sense to me. So now, I feel much better because I've got this band that's on my wrist that I can take with me. I can access it with my cellphone as well as I can move the pad around where I am.

I had fallen twice in my house when I had the other system. I had really stumbled and my footing ran away from me and I ended up sitting on the floor, and I couldn't get back up. I had to crawl to my cellphone because I couldn't even reach the security pad since I had to stand up to hit it to make it go off. But with Guardian, I feel much more secure that I've got enough systems if that happened again.

Hi Phyllis,

Thanks so much for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs! I'm glad to hear the installation with the strobe light was accomplished and please let us know if you ever have questions on the system use.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Guardian Protection does the security systems at my office so I went with them as well. I got the system because my daughter has an ex-boyfriend who is gonna be getting out of prison in the next few months, and we've had issues with him in the past. He stole my wife's laptop before he ran away. So, we just figured it was probably a good precaution. The original salesman that came out that sold us the system was very knowledgeable, walked through the house, told us what we needed and where. Set up was really good too. The guy that came in to do it was really professional and he was in and out quick.

The only issue I've had was with the motion detector in my living room. It just was going off for no reason and we couldn't figure out why. So, they ended up moving it away from the heat vent figuring that maybe something was being blown in front of it. That didn't fix the problem, so they came back again and put a meter on it and found that there was something in there that was draining the battery. And when I got a low battery, it was sounding the alarm. It was a minor issue, but I wish they had put the meter on and checked that the first time that they came out. It went on for a couple of weeks. When it went off once, they came out to check and then moved it, and then it was fine for a week. And then it went off three times in four days. And I said, "This can't go on, you guys gotta come back," and that was when they replaced it, and it has been fine since then.

The other issue I had was with smoke detectors. I got this new generation of smoke detector that has a 10-year battery in it, so you don't replace them until you replace the smoke detectors. So, it went off one Saturday morning for no reason. Nobody was cooking in the house. So, they came out and they checked it, and the guy told me that there was a recall on the date codes that I had installed. So, he replaced all three of the smoke detectors in the house. But about a week later, another one went off, and they found that that was the same issue as the motion sensors. It was draining the battery, so they had to replace that. So far, the people have been very nice and very easy to deal with. I'd recommend Guardian Protection.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your family's security needs! We are proud to help protect you every day and provide you with peace of mind.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 21, 2019

I moved to Fairmount, Indiana and it was just me and my grandson. The house I bought here has two stories and he discovered that the porch was very easily accessible, just by stepping out the window. My sister has Guardian and she told me to call them. They came and talked to me, and we fixed everything. I haven’t had any problems with the installation at all. A gentleman came and did all my downstairs windows, my doors and especially the bedroom windows upstairs for my grandson who would sit out on the porch.

By now, I've had Guardian for almost six years and I would definitely recommend them. I love it. I'm an elderly person and I’ve got my little grandson that I’m raising. He was only 6 at that time and it was a little difficult for me. All the bedrooms and stuff are upstairs and I slept little at night because we were having some problems with some children. They were mostly breaking in to elderly people’s homes for the stuff they thought they could find. But that got all figured out. There were people right here and they took care of the situation. I felt really secured and I sleep well at night knowing that the system would go off if it’s necessary.

We also had an incident where there were kids who thought it was fun to go around and hit people’s windows. When they hit one and knocked it off, Guardian came right out and fixed it for me. They didn’t even hesitate. Their reps have also always been wonderful. Every time I set the system off, they would always call in to check on me and they were always right there to do whatever I’ve needed. Plus they’ve always been very sweet. I couldn’t ask for better.

The system's features are also wonderful and the smartphone features are really good. If I’m upstairs and I forgot to turn the system on, there’s some notice and it lets me correct the problem without having to come down the stairs, which is a little difficult sometimes since I’m 76 years old. The only problem I have is that I can’t reach the fire alarm to change the battery unless I climb up on the ladder. But the fire department is right next to me here. Then one time, for some reason, I had the system go off in the office or wherever it's supposed to go off but it didn’t go off here. Guardian had to call my sister, who was on the list of emergency contacts, and they called the police station. The next thing I knew, my sister was breaking in. I thought that my alarm wasn’t going off but Guardian had them here and they were checking in, and I appreciated that. Guardian came, checked the system and fixed whatever was wrong with it.

Hi Glendill,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your new home's security! It's wonderful to hear the installation went well and the professionally monitored security system is bringing your family the additional peace of mind you deserve.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 4, 2019

I used to have ADT at another house and one of the primary things that used to bother me was that the alarm would just go off. And if you get too many of them, you have to pay for it. The ADT system was at a rental property, so I wasn’t there a lot of the times. The cops would have to come out because I wasn’t there to say that it was okay and that it was false alarm. One time, I would stand there and it just went off and there was nothing going on. So, it was a lot of false alarms that I wasn’t setting off. Guardian offered us to try something new, plus I was looking at video cameras.

The first rep that came was excellent. He was the actual installer and he was very patient and detailed. He didn't get irritated no matter how many questions I asked. He took his time with me and my husband over the questions that we had, especially on the online system, when we were first setting everything up. I didn’t like the way the cameras were positioned. So he went back up on the ladder and he repositioned it.

Later on, I still had to call because I wanted one changed from the side of the house to the garage, and somebody else came out for that. He was an older gentleman and his ladder wasn’t tall enough. He couldn't get up way high so he couldn’t reach it. But he was really nice and helpful as much as he could. He said he would put in to have somebody else come out. Somebody was supposed to call to come back out and nobody every called. But that was for the second go-around because for the first go-around, the younger guy did everything that I asked him to do.

I like the features in my system. I bring up the app on my tablet and phone. But I noticed that I can't bring up the doorbell on the computer. I can only bring it up on the tablet or smartphone. So when I’m on the computer and I pull up all the cameras live, it pulls up everything, but the doorbell camera. The rep told me that I can bring it up but it won't be live. It will only be video that have been saved throughout the day that triggered the doorbell. But other than that, I like it a lot. It was really nice that Guardian was able to put the alarm on this house. When we go to sleep at night, it is extra security. When my husband’s not home, I can put it on. It is good knowing that I can do that, and if these doors opened up, it would set off the alarm. I like that.

Hi Jacqui,

Thank you for sharing a helpful and detailed review of your customer experience! Guardian Protection is proud to provide you with additional peace of mind every day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Original review: March 18, 2020

There have been issues and they were handled fine by Guardian. Having their system worked. Also, I use the mobile app and it's fine.

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to share helpful feedback on your customer experience. Guardian Protection is proud to help protect your world every day and please let us know if we can ever be of further assistance.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: March 16, 2020

I hired Guardian Security to monitor my new home. From the initial sales call to the final installation was a very good experience. What quality installation, all their installers very knowledgeable and professional. I would recommend Guardian to a friend or relative.

Hi David,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a great customer experience. Guardian Protection will work hard every day to bring you top of the line security monitoring and peace of mind. Thank you for your continued business.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: March 15, 2020

I've had Guardian for a long time and the system is fine. I don’t have any issues with them at all.

Hi Christina,

Thank you for being a part of the Guardian Protection family! We will work hard every day to bring you top of the line security services and peace of mind.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: March 14, 2020

I pay my bills electronically. With each annual increase in rates there is no advance notice of effective date and new amount. Subsequently every year I get a notice of underpayment with balance due and still no notification of new monthly amount on the correspondence. If I add wrong I get another notice three months later. Surely there is an obvious simple cost effective solution to this recurring annual problem.

Original review: March 14, 2020

For what we pay I’m not too pleased. My doorbell camera doesn’t work half the time. It either doesn’t ring or unable to speak through the app when someone calls. It keeps turning black and white and doesn’t record videos like it’s suppose to.

Hi Stephanie,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the doorbell camera, I have located your account and will have an in-house tech support specialist reach out to you via phone.

Guardian Protection Company Information