Call toll free
4.29/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection Services provides years of experience in innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses. Guardian provides the Edge™ in high-tech, reliable options. Some services include traditional security technology including intrusion and fire detection, indoor and outdoor video security, and smart home features like automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. These services can be accessed from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens you can feel comfortable knowing that our 24/7, award-winning monitoring center will initiate a response in an average of 30 seconds or less.

Get the Guardian Edge™: More than just security; peace of mind and convenience. Call us today! We Connect What Matters!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1650 Guardian Protection Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I've been using an alarm system for a while now and have used AT&T Digital Life in the past. Now, Guardian provided service to the home I bought and their services are comparable. It was quite a big installation 'cause I added a lot of equipment and the installers had to come back a couple of times, but they got it done. Everybody was very nice and the installers were good. The smartphone features are easy to use and everything is working well.

Hi Ralph,

Thank so much for switching to Guardian Protection Services! We started our business in the Pittsburgh, PA region over 50 years ago and still care for our local customers today. Please give us a call anytime we can be of further assistance.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Guardian was being offered in our neighborhood and I liked their installer very much. He was very knowledgeable and very neat. He was great. I like the warranty but sometimes, I wonder if I need it. I haven’t set up the app yet, so every time I do something, I get all these emails which is kind of annoying. Other than that, my experience with them has all been positive.

Hi Suellen,

Welcome to the Guardian Protection family! We are honored to be your choice for home security and peace of mind. Please give us a call anytime for help setting up your app.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The insurance company told me I had to have a security system. Plus, the stuff was already on the wall. I also had smoke alarms from a different security company. The person before me didn’t want to pay for it and had regular smoke alarms. There were also sensors around the doors. I either had to rip them all out or put something in.

I contacted some people locally and they recommended Guardian Protection Services. Guardian's reps have been the best of any organization that I’ve dealt with. They were conscientious and they have a balance of understanding, process, and procedure. When I talked to them, they asked the right questions. Any problem I’ve had, they’ve been responsive and flexible.

Guardian Protection installed everything and everything was fine. But there was a problem with the covering outside. So they had to come and open that up. The disconnect was if the system was down, it was down. My dilemma was more of the terminology of when I say down. Part of it would be them asking me questions, such as what I meant by down. What I meant was I didn’t want it to protect anything, I just wanted it to turn off. And they would walk me through the whole thing - go to the box, plug in, do this, do that, and test things to make sure they work.

Another nice thing was, I was not gonna remember what they told me to do, but I could talk to them. I could call them and say that I have no idea how to turn my thing on. They would say that they don't have an issue where other people would say they already came here and taught me. The beauty of it is they don’t take for granted that I’m really not listening. I’m just listening enough to get through that part of it, and at the end, I’m really not paying attention. They pretend like nothing’s wrong and just keep giving advice and helping me. Their customer service is pretty spot on and it's perfect.

Hello Michael,

Welcome to the Guardian Protection Family! We are honored to be your home security provider and are always happy to help with any technical questions you may have. Have a safe day with Guardian Protection Services!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

We're happy with Guardian Protection Services. We have the basic system that alerts you if the door's open. My husband hasn't gotten a regular doorbell installed so that they can install the picture doorbell thing.

Hi Jane,

Thank you for providing feedback on your system installation. We hope the professionally monitored security system brings you peace of mind. Make sure to give us a call when you are ready to finish the doorbell.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

The Guardian team has been easy to deal with, and I've had fluid and easygoing interactions with them. The installation guy took his time and did a good job. I'm very happy with the features in my system. I’d recommend Guardian.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for leaving 5 star feedback for Guardian Protection Services! We are proud to help protect what matters most to you in the Pittsburgh, PA region. Have a safe day!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Services?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My girlfriend was using Guardian Protection Services and they seemed like a good company. I called them and they answered several questions that I had. I got an install quickly after that and the installer was great. I have no issues with the features and it is easy for me to control my alarm system.

Hi Roger,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection Services for your home security needs! It's great to hear you were referred to us and we will be here around the clock to help when you need us the most.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Everything was good with Guardian. I had a different security system in the past and the Guardian system is better. The lady where I bought my house from was good with the sales and I bought my entertainment system through there. The guy who has also done the installation was knowledgeable and on time. He explained the system well. The installation took a long time but not from his part. There was a problem with my internet. Everything that he could do was done quickly. The installer just hooked up everything he could until we had the internet. Also, I think I am paying too much for the three cameras. Even so, the quality is good. I also like the smartphone feature for the door. I have it unlocked before I walk into the house and that is nice. It's user-friendly indeed. Having the Guardian system helps me sleep better at night when I'm gone.

Hi Bradley,

Thank you for sharing an informative review of your installation experience with Guardian Protection! It's great to hear you are taking advantage of the smart home features like the wireless app. Please give us a call if you have any further questions on the billing.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We worked with Ryan Homes as our home builder and Guardian Protection Services was part of the package. We had one day where the installation team of Guardian came out and the technician was knowledgeable and was able to answer many of my questions. We have a wireless access point installed on the second floor that was giving us some grief at first but aside from that, I haven’t had any difficulties. I've had no problems with the service that I’ve received, nor with using the products that we have so far.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for building your new home with Ryan Homes and Guardian Protection Services! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to providing you with peace of mind in the Cincinnati, Ohio region.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I've been using Guardian Protection Services and everything seems to be working. They installed the speakers that we have and we were looking for the manual that gives us some info on how to operate them but we never got that. And the wires in the panel box downstairs are all over the place. The box is on the wall, but the cover is not on it, and another box is connected and sitting on the floor, as well as the Spectrum cable box. So, I just thought it was a poor installation which needs to be addressed. They should have a bigger box for the controls

Hi Leon,

Thank you for the honest feedback on your installation as it will help us improve the experience. I have located your account and will have the appropriate supervisor reach out to discuss the installation with you. We hope the professionally monitored security system brings you the peace of mind you deserve.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

The contractor that was building the houses in the neighborhood used Guardian Protection Services. I had an option and could choose somebody else. However, we were also doing a pre-wire for surround sound systems in the house and Guardian did that. They also did the security system, so I just had one company do everything. Their customer service has been going well, but the sales department was terrible. We sat down with the sales rep and lay out everything that we wanted.

We wanted a surround sound in three rooms and we wanted the security system to have one glass break sensor and sensors on all the exterior doors. We also asked for the video doorbell, cameras outside, and a keypad. We wanted it to be set up like the model home in the other neighborhood, which had a keypad in the master bedroom and had a keypad downstairs by the front door. We also wanted the motion sensors. My sister is handicapped, so we asked him about the medical bracelet as well.

We went through everything, line by line, and he told us how much it would cost. It came up to around $6,200 and I had my own bank and my own account. I wasn’t financing through Ryan Homes, but, apparently, Ryan Homes had a deal where they are only allowed a fee of $1,500 of the cost into the mortgage, and I was trying to get the whole pay. I thought the whole pay was where they put the mortgage, but the rep said no. They could only submit a certain amount for the pre-wire.

I said that it didn't make any sense and if I was gonna pre-wire three rooms and it was gonna cost $1,500 per room or $1,200 per room, then how could he only submit $1,500? It was not all in one room. It was separate rooms and security on top of that. So, what he did was he submitted a change order for around $3,900 and $495 of that was for Ryan Homes' electrician to put in the three electrical outlets for a flat panel TV installed. And because Guardian doesn’t do the electrical part, they issued my wires and they wired all the speaker wires and pre-wired all the other stuff.

I called the salesman back and said that I was getting down to the nitty-gritty of my money. He never emailed me the contract. He had my both my email and my wife's and he was supposed to email the entire contract us, as well as the part he sent off to the mortgage company. Over the four-month period, every time I requested the contract, he kept on sending me the same thing - the change order that was the $3,900. I said that was not what I was asking for. I wanted the list of everything that we purchased - the entire purchase price and what we were getting for that - but he lost it. I searched my email and my wife searched hers and spam, but we never got anything from him. We gave him the email date and he went back and searched his email, but he kept sending me the same documents that he sent to Ryan Homes or NVR Mortgage.

I told him I needed to know exactly how much I owe them after closing, when they come to finish the work, but instead of giving me the contract that we wrote up, he just did a lot of crap in the body of an email, sent it to me, and tried to charge me an additional $2,000. He started telling me that I owed him $4,000 when I knew it was gonna be closer around $2,400. I told him he needed to recheck his figures because he told me that everything was inclusive and the only things that my wife and I were gonna ask to buy were the receivers for the surround sound.

He ignored me for about 15 days, so I called their customer service to talk to them. The rep was trying to say, “I see this and this, but I don’t see that. I don’t know, would you look again because I don’t have a copy of anything. He never sent me a copy.” He reached out to the salesman and told him to send me a copy of the bill, but the salesman sent me the same thing again. I said that it was not what I was looking for. The manager got involved and I told him that I would not have bought all the stuff knowing that there was gonna be an additional $2,000 charge when I already had to buy a $1,000 worth of receivers. He said that he would just take 30% off the bill, which brought it back down to about $2,500. I said that was fine and that was what I was willing to pay, although he was not doing me a favor. His sales rep screwed up from day one and I told him not to make it look like he was appeasing me because I was asking for something that I didn’t get.

In the end, when they came out and did the pre-wire, they mounted the control, but they mounted the Guardian pad by the garage door. When people knock, they don’t go in my garage and knock on the garage entry door, they knock on the front door. If my alarm system is on and somebody knocks on my front door, I don’t have to run over to the garage and turn the alarm off, then go back to the front door to answer the front door, so I asked them to move it. They also did not put the one in our bedroom, so I asked them to install that. They started giving me a bunch of hooplas and I told them to just leave the thing where it is and to just give me an extra one. They charged me $175 for it and they wouldn’t give it to me for free. They also charged me the additional $177 to install it.

They also didn’t pre-wire the sensor on the exterior garage door, so I have a walk-through door that goes out into my backyard and I have another door in the garage that goes into the house. I told the salesman that we have four exterior doors now, so he put four sensors, but they didn’t pre-wire yet I got charged for pre-wire. And then when they put the doorbell on, it was supposed to be a video doorbell, so if somebody rings the doorbell and I'm away, I could have a conversation with him and I can unlock and lock the door remotely. However, they just put a regular doorbell out there which didn’t work. They had to replace it with a doorbell that worked, but I said that it was still not what we asked for. I had to fight the guy to put the right doorbell in.

They finally got that all straight. Then about two weeks after that, we were sitting there in the cat path off of the glass break sensor and they didn’t have it screwed all the way to the wall so the cat went walking on it and when we tried to put it back on there, all it did was set the alarm off. So, I had to have them kill that part of the alarm system so it would quit sending messages, and then it took them two weeks to come out just to fix that. In addition to that, when they were putting the speakers in, the pre-wires were up in there and the guy drew on the ceiling with a Sharpie for he was gonna cut the sheet rack out to mount the sheet, but he drew it on the wrong side. When he fixed it, he put the speaker up and I got three quarters of a circle drawn on my ceiling with a black Sharpie.

As far as the customer service billing side, I called them and said that I haven’t gotten a bill yet and that I was a little concerned. I was starting to get paper bills and it kept saying that I didn’t have any balance, then it said I had a $175 balance for the extra keypad, which I didn’t pay purposely because I was waiting to see how much they were gonna bill me the total for everything else. It should have been $2,541 and it was what I agreed to. They wound up charging me 2,800. They charged me $300 more than what I was supposed to pay because of the keypad and that wasn’t even my fault.

The rep said that he had to do some research. It took him over a week and he called me back and broke out the whole bill for the $2,800. He told me that what happened was the first month was pro-rated per day and they didn't charge me $60 - $75. It was good for the 27th of October, but they put it everything else together and put it on that bill.

The salesman could’ve submitted the entire thing to my mortgage company and had it all put into the mortgage, but he refused to do that. After they sent the change order, I couldn’t send another one, so I wound up paying $2,800 out of my pocket. My mortgage company was gonna pay the whole thing, but they checked Ryan Homes and said we were asked for our preconstruction meeting that we couldn’t add or change anything else from that point.

But the guy that did the pre-wire and the guys that came back and added the speakers were very professional and courteous. They worked hard and worked close to a full day. They did a good job. They were very respectful with my home and they did a couple of little blemishes that had been taken care of. They were very diligent and were fantastic. However, on the customer service side, they were a bit confused, and on the sales side, they screwed the whole thing up and they tried to push it back on me.

Hi David,

Thank you for sharing a detailed and informative review of your builder experience with Guardian Protection. I'm sorry to hear the sales and customer service experience was lacking; we will use this as coaching for our representatives. I'm glad to hear everything has been worked out for you and if you have additional questions please do not hesitate to call as we are happy to help!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I have Guardian Protection as my security system and it's a lot better than my previous system. It's also a lot more affordable and it's wireless too. I love it. I got a really basic package for two doors and a couple of motions, and it's good quality equipment. I have it at my place of business and it’s great. I can leave my business and I know it's gonna be safe. Everything’s also been great with their customer service. They do an excellent job. I'd recommend Guardian and I also decided to get it for my parents as well.

Hi Jimmie,

Thank you for sharing a great customer testimonial! It's wonderful to hear about the peace of mind your Guardian Protection system brought at your place of business and you decided to sign up your parents as well! We appreciate your business and hope you have a great day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We had had Guardian before. My mother had moved into assisted living, and so I had it placed in my name. The system is easy to use and the features were excellent. The customer service has been good as well.

Hi Sandra,

Thank you so much for sharing a review of your services with Guardian Protection. It's great to hear that your mother trusted us with our security monitoring and now we provide you with the same peace of mind.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I was referred to Guardian by a friend and originally, I was happy. When I had their sales rep come to the house, I told him what I wanted but when they installed it, the sales rep missed a sensor. When I called about it, they said that they could fix it. But it came to 120 some dollars to have them come out and fix the error, which is more of an issue on Guardian than mine. Other than that, I'm happy with the features in my system and, so far, everything has been pretty good since having Guardian.

Hi David,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs. Also thank you for the feedback on your customer experience as it will help us improve processes. Please give us a call anytime you have further questions.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Guardian compares poorly to my previous home security system provider. I just had no choice but to go with them because they are the only company in the community. Once you're building the home, you have to do a contract with them. The installation went fine. The features are fine as well. However, one of the door sensors isn't working properly and we had an appointment for that but they didn't live up to the obligation which messed up my entire day. The supervisor who first dealt with the case was good, though. Then, I called the night before to ensure someone would be there. I also called before I left work and when I got home. All three times, everybody told me that the window is between 12:00 and 4:00. At 3:56, when no one still turned out, they told me it has been rescheduled. That service was very poor and I was very annoyed.

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear we missed the mark on your consumer experience regarding scheduling your service visits. I have looked into your account and see the job did eventually run on 9/26 to replace the sensor. If you have any further issues please do not hesitate to give us a call or private message here. We are happy to help and hope the security system brings you peace of mind.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

When we had the house built, Guardian had already installed the equipment, so we just went on with their service. Enrolling with them was easy and I like the features offered in our system. It’s nice. We had the doorbell added on recently and we can see who’s at the door. I’ve seen some cameras where people can’t make out the individual. Guardian's techs have come out as well and conducted repair services. As for the alarm itself, I like it and I feel safe having their services. If the alarm goes off, the people from Guardian will call. And if I’m in the house and I didn’t pick up the phone, someone would come across the intercom to check and see if everything’s okay. If we don’t respond at all, then they’ll send out emergency service. If someone’s trying to break in while we’re in here, at least our alarm will warn us. I've been with Guardian for almost fours years and I extended our contract with them. I’m happy with their service.

Hi Mekelle,

Thank you so much for sharing an informative review of your services with Guardian Protection! We are delighted to hear the system is brining you the peace of mind you deserve.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

We signed up with Guardian but they did not tell us anything. We told the guy that signed us up that $50 was too much. But they still charged us $50 a month, and the guy that I dealt with quit the job. The features are good and I like Guardian, but it's expensive.

Hello Savitaben,

Thank you for the honest feedback on your sales experience as it will help us improve. When it comes to home security, we feel you truly get what you pay for and we hope our award-winning security monitoring brings you peace of mind. Please give us a call if you have any further questions.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I had a system 10 years ago and it was fine. But upon using, we switched systems, and I find that Guardian is much easier to use and is more current as far as technology. I like that I can arm or disarm it from my phone, whether I’m in the home or travelling somewhere. The interactions I had with their reps were all very nice and helpful. Their reps did a good job in setting it up. They also guided me with the features of the system. I like its phone feature often as well as the camera on the doorbell. Our doors are secured, which is primarily what I was looking for, and the extras as far as the phone and the doorbell.

Their manager came out, thought of ways to make the cost the lowest possible for us. We knew some purchase blenders, and he went with the purchase blender discount. He gave us the lowest price that he could and they really worked with us and my family. Their technicians were very nice and they did a good job. The only thing that happened was we had to move the one sensor over a little bit so they had to come back out because it stopped reading there after a week. It wasn’t a big deal and everybody was very good. They called me several times about setting up the date. They also had a lot of options and I didn’t have trouble picking a time and day. They also always call right away every time the system goes off.

The overall quality of the equipment and its performance is very good. Since they came for the sensor replace, there are no troubles with it going off on the stairway. The alarm would go off and notify us if anything were to happen to our house so I feel very comfortable and sleep well. I feel very secure having Guardian and I would definitely recommend them.

Hello Michele,

Thanks so much for sharing a detailed phone review of your experience with Guardian Protection. We look forward to helping to protect what matters most to you in the Pittsburgh, PA region.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I bought my house three weeks ago and the homebuilder had a contract with Guardian. Dealing with the Guardian rep was straightforward. He was here for about an hour and he installed everything. I have a doorbell that has a camera that I can speak to and I can arm and disarm the system remotely through the app on my phone. I like their equipment better than the security system I had in my previous house. The panel on my last one was also a touchscreen, but I set that alarm off multiple times because the buttons on the screen were so close together that I couldn’t press a three without accidentally pressing two or five. But with the equipment from Guardian, it’s nicer to disarm and I don’t accidentally set my alarm off all the time.

Hi Chad,

Thank so much for sharing an insightful review on Consumer Affairs. Guardian Protection is honored to be your home security provider and I'm glad to hear the new system is working out better for you.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

At the time when our home was being built, Ryan Homes only supported Guardian. We were required to use them to do the pre-wiring. We wanted the cameras to be pre-wired and installed versus doing a lot of that after the fact, and we had to use Guardian. We had all the windows wired with the sensors, and we installed some cameras and security access points in the front door to secure my daughter and grand-kids.

The fellow that installed the wiring was very, very good. He trained me and my daughter on the security system. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. He helped us with our internet access and getting our applications captured on our cell phone, and he showed us how to use everything. My daughter is able to access the security system and cameras from our phone. She's also able to know when people turn on and off the security system. The security system gives her peace of mind. If there is any activity or concern, we can give access to the video footage. The important thing is for my daughter to be able to unlock or turn off the alarm remotely if she needs to. We’ve been able to train our kids and grand-kids how to get in the front door with the code and how to go and disarm the alarm if necessary.

I tried to call Guardian a few times because the system didn't work and they were pretty good. They set up appointments for us and they were pretty reasonable. They're pretty good to work with. The alarm feature went off twice and the rep called right away and he was very professional. Those two times happened during our training period. It was a week where, if they had to send the police off by mistake, we wouldn't be charged. But we were in both cases, able to resolve it before anybody was dispatched. But Guardian was very timely.

I have to call Guardian because the first bill that came in didn't seem right to me. I gotta call the customer service accounting department to find out what some of the charges were, because I remember paying all that money upfront in the original purchase price of the house, which included the installation, and they charge me a $85 installation fee, which was never part of the original package as it was presented to me by the marketing person. But overall, I recommend them.

Hi James,

Thank you so much for building your home with Guardian Protection. I'm delighted to hear the experience has been pleasant for your family. I have looked into your account and see the extra $80 was for an add on of a 9th window sensor. If you have any further questions please message us here or give us a call at 1-888-895-4805.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I had a fairly good interaction with the Guardian reps initially, but the last transfer seemed to be underhanded and I was not very happy. It was similar to a timeshare that I had once where the bill seemed to get bigger and bigger. They were gonna transfer the bill of the new equipment on to my bill and spread it out over. They also got a bill of $1,000 from us for the equipment and I wanted them to take it out. I may have signed that in the paperwork, but that was not the way I understood it. Even if I have to pay a fee for them to take it out, I can’t pay the $1,000.

When I moved the second time, they rolled it into my monthly payment and my monthly payment stayed the same from the first time I got the service to when I moved. They rolled the equipment in again and now, we could never get our money back, so we needed them to pay. The person that I talked to when it was gonna be transferred over never made it clear to me that they needed the $900 upfront to pay for the equipment. If he had said that, I would have not agreed to continue the service.

I said that I needed to make sure that when we transfer it over, my payment is gonna be the same and that I’m not gonna be charged extra for the equipment. He said that my payment’s gonna stay the same and that’s the way I understood it. So far, I’ve been through two people and one said that he will have to get back to me. Somebody got back to me in two days and said that they were gonna have to look and see and if they can take the equipment out. They usually don’t do that so they were gonna have to get back to me. I have good credit and I don’t want it to be ruined. I need to get formality on this. Halfway through, I’m not impressed with the customer service rep. The original person that helped me with the transfer was not clear to me. I bought a timeshare eight years ago and I was just making an example, but I felt misled by the last representative that aided me in the transfer.

The installer was friendly and very accommodating to where I wanted things put and he seemed to know what he was doing. The system is all-inclusive. I wanted a sensor on each window, a sensor on the door, a smoke carbon dioxide, and glass break motion detector. I wanted a complete system. I also like the app. If someone’s outside or if my landlord needs to get in or if I forgot to arm it, I can do it from my phone. The system is good, but as far as the situation I’m in now, I would never recommend Guardian Protection Services to anybody.

This experience destroys everything that has happened in the past and now I’m dealing with this $1,000 bill. If they’re not gonna admit that they misled me or that there was an error and they won’t work with me on rolling it into my payment, then I’m gonna have to figure out how to get out of it because it’s not on my budget. My budget is $58 a month and that’s what I’ve been paying for the past for many years. I don’t want it any more than that, so if it’s gonna be more than that, I can’t continue the service.

Guardian Protection Services response

Hi Jason, thank you for the informative feedback. I have located your account and will have a Customer Loyalty supervisor follow up to discuss the billing from the transfer. I'm happy to hear you are enjoying the peace of mind a professionally monitored security system can bring.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

The Guardian representative at the design center told me what was gonna be offered and the tech who did the installation was great. Also, the features of the system are what I need, so I'm satisfied with it and the smartphone features are very easy. The equipment has been exactly what we expect. It's nice to have and it's nice to know that there is a mechanism in place.

Hi Angela,

Thank you for reviewing your design experience with Guardian Protection. It's great to hear everything has met your expectations and we look forward to providing you with peace of mind.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

We got Guardian Protection Services for our second vacation home because we are not gonna be there all the time. They were easy to deal with and I had a great interaction with their reps. The installation was made before we settled and it went great. Everything's fine with the features that I got in the system. I also use the app and it's easy.

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for sharing an informative review of Guardian Protection Services. We are honored to be your home security provider and are here around the clock when you need us the most.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I moved to a different house and I got this guy's name. He installed the Guardian Protection Services' system and he showed me how to use everything. It was all good. Once, my motion sensor went off when I was out of town. Something must have fallen over. The police told me that if I ever do it again, they're gonna charge me. But that was it. I haven't had any problems. It goes off when it's supposed to go off. That's what I need, so that's what I got.

Hi Jay,

Thank you for sharing a helpful review of your services. I'm glad to hear the professionally monitored security system is bringing you the peace of mind you deserve.

Sincerley,

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I've had Guardian for a few years now and they have fulfilled most of their obligations to us. Their system's features are good too. Recently, we have been trying to get a light to protect our outside area. We had a group of people who broke into my son's car which was outside. They took some things out and did a bit of damage. However, Guardian's rep said we couldn't do anything because we gotta get the new system. Also, he said what we wanted would cost about $1,000.

Hi John,

Thank you for the feedback on your services. We do not offer outside lighting but we do have outdoor cameras, if you're interested in adding please give us a call at 1-800-PROTECT.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I was disappointed with the person that did the Guardian Protection Services installation. He was on his phone the whole time. The minute he walked in, he was having a personal conversation and when it was time for him to finish up, he rattled through everything. My daughter didn't understand a word he said. He was trying to get it done which was disheartening. Also, I wanted additional features with the package, however, they weren't available. When I ask the installer, he said that it would be extra and that he doesn’t have it on his truck. I like the service that Guardian provides though.

Hi Satrina,

Thank you for the honest feedback on your installation experience as it will help us to coach this technician. If you have any questions or would like a walkthrough of the system please give us a call at 1-888-895-4805; we are here when you need us the most.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Guardian was the subcontractor for the contracting company we bought the house from. My wife works at the local high school as a counselor so we put Guardian's system in for added notification if someone or some teenage kid that might have a problem with her broke into the house. Their reps went down through the list of what we could do, then we pick what we wanted. Then the technician did what I expected during the installation. I met him at the house and he did whatever he did down in the basement at the box. He also explained how to use the keypad to arm and disarm the system.

We have the system connected to three doors and a window downstairs, and then the motion detector. However, our understanding was that our two dogs and cat would not trigger the motion detector near one door. But every time I arm it, they trigger it. I can go online and disable that, but it's a rigamarole to do and I have yet to figure out how to do that from the keypad. I get a call right away if the dogs have tripped the alarm, as well. It’s connected to the garage door, too, so I can put it up or down remotely. Overall, our experience with Guardian Protection Services has been good.

Hi William,

Thank you for sharing an informative review on Consumer Affairs. I'm glad to hear the system is providing your family with peace of mind. We are here to help when you need us the most!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The installation of my Guardian Security security system went well. It has features that are beneficial for me. I needed everything that's with my system especially the medical part. Also, I like that if anybody tries to get into my home or if anything happens, there is something to deter people. I'm happy with my experience so far with Guardian.

Hi Miron,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Guardian Protection Services. Our goal is to provide you with the peace of mind you deserve every day.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Working with Guardian has been a bad experience. We have moved several times and our account has been linked to several different homes. I still receive alarm notifications from homes of the past. I have called and emailed for several months now to get this changed, and even with email confirmation, the situation continues. After being a customer for 4 years I'm ready to move on from this company. They said it would be a $700 charge. I have a business that has an alarm company that is much easier to deal with. I recommend doing your research first.

Hello Rob,

Thank you for sharing an informative review of your experience. While our goal is delight each customer on every interaction; I'm sorry to hear we missed the mark. Upon seeing your review I escalated your concerns to the appropriate supervisor and we have left messages. Please give us a call back at your convenience to discuss.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

The community that I moved into recommended Guardian Protection Services. I’ve spoken to two gentlemen at Guardian and both were very good and very knowledgeable. The tech who did the installation was very professional and explained everything. He was awesome. The smartphone features are perfect. I can send my daughter home from school, and open the door. It will open the garage and everything for her. It’s awesome. Everything works great so far. I’d recommend Guardian.

Hi Sharecia,
It's great to know that you are taking full advantage of your new Guardian security system, especially the feature that lets you use your smartphone to safely open the door for your daughter after school. We hope that we can continue to add a little peace of mind to each day for you. Thank you for being a Guardian customer.
Mary Lynn M.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

The home already had a Guardian sign out front and it had some of the equipment inside but the reps I spoke first were the reason I chose Guardian. They seemed so down to earth and like they would be there if I need them, whereas, with other places, you would have to wait on hold. I liked the human interaction and I kept the service. The reps guided me with the features although I got a little bit confused because I've never had to work with stuff like this before. Also, the tech who installed the system kept calling me señorita every time he addressed me which was kind of weird and I didn't really like it. But it was not a big deal. He did great work and we had no problem.

I like the features in my system but I don't really like the window break sensors. I wish it actually had a sensor if the window was open because if I'm gonna be broken into, I feel like they would just pry open the window as opposed to breaking it. So, I'm hoping that eventually, I'll be able to have enough money to get the actual sensor. Other than that, I like the Stay and Away features and the smartphone features are easy to work with. My mother-in-law was watching my dog for a week and she was able to do it with no problems. So, that was cool. Having Guardian adds peace of mind and it feels safer. I would recommend them and I already have. I'm on an app and people were looking for a security system and asked who should they go with and I told them Guardian is the way to go.

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for the feedback on your customer experience with Guardian Protection! We want to welcome you to the Guardian family and please give us a call any time you have further questions; we're happy to help. Also thank you for the recommendations, much appreciated!

Guardian Protection Services expert review by Erin Raub

Choose from three professionally installed security packages. Options are wired and wireless, with 36-month contracts. Packages above the basic level are warrantied for the life of the system.

• Flexible packages: With multiple packages and more than a dozen add-on upgrades, Guardian Protection Services offers some of the most customizable home security options.

• Smart Home Automation: The company's home automation controls Z-Wave powered thermostats, lights, locks and garage doors from an Internet-connected smartphone.

• Best Price Guarantee: Guardian Protection Services’ Best Price Guarantee says the company will match any written or web-based quote for comparable home security system installation.

• Monitoring: Guardian Protection Services never subcontracts its monitoring service, and their central station responds to signals in an average of 30 seconds or less.

• Relocation guarantee: Consumers who have had Guardian for at least one year are covered by the company’s Relocation Guarantee and will receive a free basic system at their new home and a 25 percent discount on upgrades. Interested consumers should contact Guardian for details and restrictions.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Guardian Protection Services Company Information