Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Wyze is a tech company that aims to make advanced technology more accessible for everyone. It’s known for its smart-home systems, but it sells a variety of other products — like smart scales, lighting systems and vacuums. Customers with one camera can take advantage of its free DIY monitoring program, although adding more cameras and pro monitoring can get a little confusing in terms of pricing and packages.
Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you
- Affordable starting price
- Free DIY option
- Confusing pricing
- Cam Plus required for more than one camera
Wyze sells customizable security equipment and monitoring plans. While some may find the features and pricing confusing, others will appreciate the range of solutions available to match their needs and budget.
$35.98 as of publishing date
Water-resistant camera that includes 1080p color night vision and certain types of environmental monitoring. Users can set motion detection zones and receive sound alerts.
$59.98 as of publishing date
Wireless outdoor camera that can be mounted to a tree or on the outside of the home. Runs on two 2,600-mAh integrated rechargeable batteries that last 3 to 6 months with normal usage.
$107.98 as of publishing date
Device that lets you lock and unlock your home from anywhere. Fits into an existing deadbolt, so there’s no need to change your keys when installing the lock. Can also automatically unlock when you approach your door.
Sense Entry Sensor v2
$29.98 as of publishing date
Sensor that can be placed on doors and ground-floor windows to notify you if one is forced open or left ajar. Comes in a 3-pack. Requires the Wyze Home Monitoring Core Starter Kit.
Sense Motion Sensor v2
$14.98 as of publishing date
Motion sensor that notifies users when motion is detected up to 25 feet away. Sensitivity can be adjusted for pets and children. Requires the Wyze Home Monitoring Core Starter Kit.
What is Wyze?
Wyze is a smart-home technology company that sells everything from smart-home cameras and lighting to smart scales and robot vacuums. Other companies have huge markups for this type of technology, but Wyze offers relatively affordable and accessible options. It offers a free DIY monitoring option, which is ideal for customers who want a basic security system with just one camera.
Wyze offers two types of security monitoring: Basic and Cam Plus. The Basic plan is free and includes real-time DIY monitoring, but that’s about it. The Cam Plus plan is for individuals and families who want more out of their security system — its features include unlimited video recording and environmental monitoring. This plan is required if you have more than one security camera.
|Basic Plan||Cam Plus|
|Cost||Free||$1.99/month per camera|
|Video length (per event)||12 seconds||Unlimited|
|Smoke and CO alerts||—|
|Basic Plan||Free||12 seconds||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|Basic Plan||Free||12 seconds|
Neither of these plans includes professional monitoring, which requires an added fee of $4.99 per month. You can package the price of monitoring with the cost of equipment to simplify your bill.
Wyze is extremely customizable in terms of cost. The starting price is affordable for most — it’s about $80 for a core system. Those who choose to pay annually for a system and professional monitoring receive a 50% discount on the equipment and can pay just about $100 the first year. This price includes professional monitoring, the Core Starter Kit (two entry sensors, two decals, one sense hub, one keypad, one motion sensor) and one cycle of the Cam Plus plan.
The price increases if you want to monitor more than one camera, in which case you’ll also need the Cam Plus plan to cover each camera. As a result, the price can get high pretty fast, though Wyze is likely still more affordable than many competitors.
- What’s the difference between the Wyze app and Wyze home monitoring service?
- The Wyze app is how you’ll access the Wyze monitoring service. It’s pretty limited in scope and doesn’t offer many additional features unless you pay for add-on services like Cam Plus or professional monitoring.
- Does Wyze have a contract?
- No, and you can cancel at any time. If you pay yearly rather than monthly, you’ll continue to receive service until the pay period is complete. There are no refunds if you choose this option, though.
- What is Wyze’s cancellation policy?
- After your first purchase, you have 30 days to get a full refund. After this point, you can cancel at any time. Your plan will stay active until the end of the pay period, meaning you won’t get a refund and will have service until the end of the paid period if you pay yearly.
- Who monitors Wyze?
- Wyze partners with Noonlight, a professional monitoring company, to monitor its systems. Its dispatchers are on standby 24/7 to route vital information to 911 call-takers and first responders.
- Does Wyze work with Google?
- Yes. You can control your system with Google Assistant and watch footage through Google Chromecast or your smart-home hub. Wyze also offers integrations with Amazon Alexa and IFTTT.
Do we recommend Wyze?
Wyze is a good option for those who need simple security solutions. If you have a big house or want a lot of cameras, its plans and pricing can get confusing — and more expensive — pretty fast. With Wyze, you have to pay per camera for viewing, but you also have a limit on how many cameras (four) you can have per base station. So, while the starting price is affordable and attractive to many, it isn’t applicable to every home and every security need. We recommend first identifying what you want from your security system — if your needs are fairly simple, Wyze is likely a solid choice.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Wyze Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.