1.43/5

Need a home alarm?

Need a home alarm?

139 Central Security Group Consumer Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: June 12, 2019

I was a Central Security (now Alert 360) customer for the past 5 years. 2 years ago I completed my contract in full. I called to inquire about how to disconnect my service in hopes of getting a better deal. They knocked off a whole $5 and then informed me that my contract had automatically renewed because I had not called within 30 days of my contract cancelling. Needless to say I was an irate customer. After asking for a supervisor and speaking with the supervisor, I was informed that she would switch me to month to month and that all I had to do in the future was call and cancel my service if I chose to do so.

Today, I received and self installed my new Ring alarm system, and made a phone call to Alert 360 (Central Security) to cancel my service. I was transferred to their (CEO Care) department at which time I was told I had to put the cancellation in writing and pay for another 30 days due to a 30 day notice policy. This is not what I was told two years ago when I was out of contract. These folks are liars. They are just trying to get me for another 30 days of service that I am not using.

Central Security Group response
      Alert 360’s contracts include a “No Secrets” form which ensures there can be no confusion regarding the contract terms. As standard in the industry, our contracts automatically renew (unless written notice is provided prior) ensuring customers aren’t left open to potential harm or loss.

We have offered options, including a reduction in overall remaining charges as a gesture of good faith for his loyalty. Mr. Elkins has denied the options we have available. We remain open to discuss a resolution.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: June 3, 2019

We have had our system for approximately 2 years. Throughout the years we have had several issues with the system. Issues range from the system not working, the tech installing the system then forgetting the password he chose then charging us for a repair he couldn't make (another tech came out who we also had to pay), our alarm going off and no calls from Central dispatchers, the keypad not locking on demand, issue with customer service.

Well, the latest issue we have is due to lightening at least we assume; however, we called for service and was told we would have to pay $124 for something, an additional $79 per hour to the tech, and depending on what's needed we would have to pay to replace equipment. Now the system went completely out, not one time did or have we received any message from Central via phone but they did send out an email. We reached out to Central who told us that there wasn't anything they could do to help and that we would still be bound by the contract for monitoring services. Central does not value the security of its customers. WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN.

Central Security Group response
      Update: Alert 360 has reached out to Mr. & Mrs. Johnson who state they did not file this complaint.

________________________________

Good afternoon. I am so sorry you've had such a negative experience. I would be more than happy to assist you with this, but will need more information to do so. If you will please send the phone # on your account via private message, I will gladly research this for you and see what options we might have available for you.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: May 31, 2019

After many years of their service, I called Central Security 360 to cancel my account (under expired contract - unless they extended that as well unbeknownst to me). I had all my exterior windows and doors replaced and decided did not need their services re-installed, so I called to cancel. Was told account would be noted - no mention of sending a written notice.

Move forward 5 - 6 months and I realize my account is still active and they are requesting back-pay. When I called, I advice them I will not pay for services not rendered when I had all exterior entry points replaced and no security service was provided. I also had a call from the NOC when I advised them their alarms were because there were no longer any connection points and that I had requested cancellation Oct., 2018. This company continues to call daily, they continue to leave messages daily even after I have told them to cancel and no I will not provide for back-pay. Now, Central Security 360 is calling out daily to my “in case of emergency POC” whom no longer lives in the area and is not a responsible party to my previous contract with them.

They have turned to being nasty aggressive, pushing contract renewals, re-installment of security system after I have stated several times NO - CANCEL THE ACCOUNT AND THERE WILL NOT BE ANY BACK-PAY. My next move is calling my attorney for next actions against this predatory and unwanted, forceful sales tactic.

Central Security Group response

Good afternoon. I apologize for your frustrations. I would be happy to assist you with this, but will need more information to do so. Please send the phone # on your account via private message, so I can research this for you.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have two accounts with this company. One is a home account ** and the other business **. When we moved we went back with this company though we’d had billing issues in the past. My husband set up the home in his name with his info. The business was set up using our EIN as with me as a signer. We closed the business in October 2018. The service should have been discontinued in November. They would not back date to November when I asked them to and told me I was responsible for the balance of the contract. I refused to pay for a full year in which I am not using their services.

Their answer was for the building owner to put it in their name. The building is for sale and the owner hates this service. This company transferred a commercial location bill to my husband's personal account and disconnected my service. My account is on auto draft so there should be no reason for my business to affect my home. They billed me 1,118.60 for service I don’t have. Additionally, I have moved the business once and home once and instead of transferring the contract the only way we could keep the alarm is by starting a new contract.

Good afternoon, Rhonda.

I apologize for your dissatisfaction. We would be more than happy to discuss this matter with you. Please send the phone # on your accounts, and someone will reach out soon.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: April 26, 2019

This company changes its name to try and fool its customers. I'm sick of the service guys not having the equipment on their truck. It's getting old. The equipment is junk. The old equipment I had prior was working with no issues. Now I get communication failure, loss of supervision. Guy has been here for almost 2 hours because he's out smoking cigarettes in his truck. I'm going back to ADT. Go with the big company. Not these little mom and pop shops.

Central Security Group response

Good morning Mike. I apologize for your frustration, and I would be happy to look into this, but I am unable to locate your account. Could you please provide the phone # on your account via private message? Additionally, Alert 360 is one of the top-5 security companies in the United States with locations all across the country.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert 360?

Original review: April 23, 2019

I signed up with this company over 4 years ago, had a lot of issues that could not be resolved from the beginning, the alarm kept going off for no reason, the installer blamed the existing wiring in the house, after receiving 3 bills for 75 dollars each from the sheriffs alarm detail, I called the sales rep and cancelled the service. I did not used the alarm any more and as far as I know was inactive, fast forward until a month ago, I check that rarely used account and this company has been billing me over 60 dollars a month for an alarm that I cancelled in the beginning due to it not working properly.

I moved from the house over a year ago as well. I have been billed over 3000 for an alarm that I cancelled 4 years ago. I called customer service and was told that I needed to send another cancellation form so I did, I also stopped payment through my bank, I still have not heard from Alert 360 but they are fighting the cancellation of the payment and are trying to collect fees on me for cancelling the payments. I can't say in any way that this is a good company.

Central Security Group response

Edit 4/29: We have tried to reach you & your voice mailbox was full. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to discuss this matter.

We apologize for your dissatisfaction with Alert 360. As stated in your original agreement and as a security provider, we require written cancellation of your service. We also show your security system was being used well after it was installed which would indicate you were actively using your system and receiving a benefit.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Update on 04/19/2019: OK...here is my response. A person called from Central Security and listened to what I had to say and then she told me that Central Security valued my loyalty and wanted to make things right. The first thing was to get my system back in working order....which they promptly did. (The guy came out and repaired everything within a few days.) The next thing she told was that she would get me on a $21.95/month plan that would INCLUDE cell phone access and the warranty intact. I told her that was great...and then she wanted me to sign another 3 year contract which I told her I would not do. She then told me that even though there isn't a place on the new agreement, she would put it in the system and that this was now a month to month.

Guess what? I never received anything...no confirmation or any follow up call. Now, I just got hit again with a $57 charge for a month of monitoring which is ridiculous considering all of the other offers that I have right now. I have been a loyal customer for YEARS! I have more than paid for this equipment. Either get this taken care before April 15th, 2019 or consider me a former customer. I will close my account and go with a company that appreciates its long time customers.

Original: I have been with CSG through 3 homes and over 6 years. I took them with me when I moved and I always signed a new agreement. I have been in this home for 3 years and have paid through the original 24 month agreement by 7 months and I decided I would call them to reduce that high monthly rate. They are only willing to knock off about $10/month but also want me to sign another 24-36 month agreement with them. There are MANY choices out there with much better offers. I thought they would be a little more willing to keep me as a customer but after seeing how they value me, I will shop for a new system and drop them. By the way, I have had them out numerous times for repairs and I have two issues now that have to be repaired which is also why I have continued to pay for a warranty on this equipment. At the very worst, I will probably have to sign another contract but I will definitely get a better rate PLUS new equipment that works!!!

Central Security Group response

Good morning, David. I apologize for your frustration and would be happy to assist you with this. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate your account based on the information provided. If you could please send the phone # on your account via private message or by email, I will research your account and work to find a mutually agreeable resolution with you.

Our Pick
      ConsumerAffairs RecommendedProtect America
      Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Well at least I'm not alone here. I've been with Central 3 years. I called to try and lower my bill of $62.50 a month due to extreme unexpected financial hardship due to disability. I'm literally stuck paying a contract and unable to buy food for my family because of it. This company could care less. Wouldn't work with me at all. Guess I will have to close my bank account and let them start harassing me for payment instead. Unbelievable how heartless people can be. Yes I signed a 5 year contract but I had no idea at the time my husband and I both would be in a horrible accident that left us both disabled. Lesson learned.

Good morning, Katherine.

Upon researching your account, I see that our agents have offered you numerous options in an effort to resolve this for you. We've also offered you a substantially lower rate as well as a chance to be released from your agreement with a buyout option, and you advised us you'd like to look at other security companies. We have extended multiple credits allowing you time to decide how you'd like to proceed. We still have these options available, and are open to discuss.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I will start by saying how thankful we are to have found ADT that would allow us to use the existing equipment in our new house and sign a one year contract. In our current house we have an alarm system we assumed from the previous owners. It was Central Security. Their new name is Alert 360. Beware, in my opinion there is a reason they changed their name. We told Central Security we would only be in our current home for two years or less. Therefore we did not want to sign up for a 3 year contract.

After making this clear we were told there was a two year option since we would not be changing the equipment. My wife started the new contract. We found out when we called to let them know we were moving Central Security (now Alert 360) were demanding payment to close out a three year contract, over $640. After this dishonest behavior I tried to negotiate a lower price. Five calls later with several people from the "CEO's" office the buy out was reduced to $415.

Out of curiosity I called back as a new customer. I gave them the new home address. I explained that the equipment was already in the house and explained we would only be there for a year to a year and a half. I asked if there was a one year contract option, the agent said yes with a $149 start up fee. Then I told him I was an existing customer and asked if I could transfer my service for the $149 and start a new contract for one year. Same thing right? And I expected to be treated better as an existing customer. WRONG. He said I would have to pay the $415 dollars then sign another three year contract that I told him I did not want. I told him this practice of burning bridges behind them with their clients is a bad business move. He did say he would play the tape of the conversation for his supervisor.

Central Security Group response

Good morning, Mr. Hillman.

I’m sorry you’re having a frustrating experience. I have sent you a private response due to Consumer Affairs character limit. I hope we can work toward a mutually agreeable resolution which not only addresses your concerns but prevents a loss to our company as well.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have a brick home. They hardwired my system putting holes in my walls by all my windows and doors. It did not take much to disrupt the system and it stopped working completely and I notified them that it was not working and I wished to discontinue my service. 4 years went by and I finally received a letter from them; I received no messages or written correspondence up until that point. They had not cancelled my service. Shame on me That I did not catch them drafting my account; I was a recent widow working full time and raising two young children on my own. I provided documentation of my husband passing and I truly thought they would be sympathetic and cancel the system back to the date it stopped working. They did not service or repair it.

They knew it was not working. They told me they had attempted to call me. I certainly did not receive messages from them. Why wait 4 years to send a letter if you could not reach me? They called me today and I was at work and could not answer. They did not leave a message. I returned the missed call. I asked them if they could repair the damage they caused when they installed the system. I was told it was my property and they are not responsible. My experience with this company has been horrific from start to finish.

Central Security Group response

Good morning, Lisa. I apologize that you've had such a negative experience. We are currently researching your account, and a member of our management team will be in touch within the next two business days to discuss a resolution with you.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

READ THROUGH THE LIST!!! I am not the only review where CSG continues to draw money from my account AFTER I CLOSED IT. What sucks even more, is that when you call you get the same BS story about "pay through the end of your term". I was a customer with them at my home and business, more than 5 years EACH. I closed the business and cancelled service on November 1st. They billed me again on November 20th and December 20th. I HOPE THAT $116 DOLLARS WAS WORTH IT. If this review gets at least 1 person to sign with another provider, it was worth my time.

Central Security Group response

Good morning, Donald. I'm sorry you've had a frustrating experience. I would be more than happy to assist you with this, but will need more information to do so. Would you please send the phone # on your account through private response or via email.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We got the alarm system, we told the agent we were renting to own and this was not a problem. Now that the owner of the home is selling the property to an invested we are forced to move and rent again. I sent Richard ** an email to get some help in resolving the matter and never received a response. CSG says we have to pay the $1000 until the end of the contract even though we don’t have the equipment or the services anymore. No help or consideration for any life situation, once they get your money and card information you're doomed!

Central Security Group response
      Update:

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to resolve this for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything in the future.

Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Good afternoon Alana,

I would be happy to assist you with this, but will need more information to do so. Could you please private message me the phone # on your account, and a member of management will be in touch to discuss.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I was hit with a false alarm fine in August, which I paid. My husband activated the alarm and due to poor communication and two different representatives speaking to two different homeowners, the police were called out. I authorized the call, but my husband canceled it, but because we were speaking to two different people, they sent the police out. I have asked for a credit on my account for the fine I paid.

They keep making excuses and want me to jump through hurdles to get that credit. My monthly charges equal more than that for two months and I've been with them for four years... That's roughly $2800 I already paid them, and I'm asking for $100.00. I was provided with the instructions on how to cancel my service, which I followed. My last payment should be next month and it better be, but I am concerned after reading the previous reviews. With competitive do-it-yourself systems and vendors out there... I really don't know how they will stay in business... Changing your name does not fool anyone.

Central Security Group response
      Update:

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to resolve this for you, Lena. We're happy you've chosen to continue to be a part of the Alert 360 family. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything in the future.

Good morning Lena,

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We bought a home with a CSG system already installed. We took over the contract the previous homeowners had on the house and were advised we’d just need to fulfill the remaining contract. I call in to cancel services now that I’ve sold the home and I’m told I still have 11 months left to fulfill in my contract. I asked them to pull the call recordings when I called in and discussed services and the contract takeover and I was advised calls only go back 6 months and maybe IT could find the archived call records. I will not be recommending services to anyone. Just like many others stated fast to expect your payment and when you go to cancel based on the agreements nothing but problems and misinformation.

Central Security Group response
      Update:

Thank you for providing the opportunity to resolve this for you, Mr. Rawleigh. We appreciate your business and hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future.

Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Good morning Josh,

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I have been a customer of this firm for many many years. My account covered 3 addresses, 1 for my personal home and 2 addresses for a rental duplex. I sold the duplex in May 2018 and asked how to cancel. They said send an email so I did on May 16. I requested cancellation of the duplex addresses. From June to October I have disputed every bill because I keep getting billed for two addresses I don’t own. They said extend the contract on my personal residence so I did. They said talk with the Office of CEO, I have.

I have sent emails and have made multiple hour long phone calls to stop getting billed. The latest bill had me being charged TWICE on my personal home, and once on one of the addresses from the duplex, and a mere 1 month credit for the other address. I just want to make the security system nightmare end and receive credit on my account for 5 months of service that I was billed after the account was cancelled. I just sent a very lengthy letter, with bill disputes highlighted and copies of all emails that I have sent regarding this issue. My phone number is ** and one of the duplex addresses is **. I see where some other complaints have been addressed and I want mine to be addressed as well.

Good morning Rachel,

I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience. I would be more than happy to assist you with this, but to do so will need more information. Could you please send me the phone # on your account through private message or email to Alert360Cares@alert360.com, and a member of our management team will reach out to discuss?

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Check reviews elsewhere. After jumping through hoops to terminate my account with CSG, at the END OF ITS TERM, including both written and phone notices, they continue to draw money from our bank account. Worse yet, there are many reviews online that show they do this to many customers after the accounts are closed. Please consider filing complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, and Consumer Division of the Texas State Attorneys General Office, or this dishonest company will continue to steal money from customers.

Good morning Peter,
      It was our pleasure to speak with you today and we’re glad we were able to resolve this issue for you. As we discussed over the phone, this was an error on our part
      and we sincerely regret any inconvenience we may have caused. This error has now been corrected and a refund has been applied. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Got a security system for a two year contract for a home. I specifically asked the representative would we be done without further obligation after the two years. I wanted to know in case we decided we didn’t want to keep the service. He told me point blank yes, the service ended in two years and someone would call before then to see if we wanted to renew. Now after two years, they say there’s a clause somewhere that we are obligated ANOTHER FULL YEAR if we didn’t cancel by a certain date before the two years ended. Don’t sign up with anyone affiliated with them!

Good afternoon Herman,

I'm sorry you're having a negative experience. A member of our team has reached out to you to discuss options we have available for you, but have been unable to connect with you. Is there a good time we can reach you?

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Had signed a contract about two years ago with this firm. No one said during that initial contact anything about paying all 3 years if you need to cancel (I assumed it's like any other service, a fixed fee with a common sense value + maybe another month). Maybe it is in some hidden form somewhere since they give you 1000 pages you only see when they install the equipment (how can you have time to read all that stuff).

Edit:

Upon researching your account, I have discovered that your contract/billing agreement is not with us. We recommend you reach out to the company you have contracted with for services to further resolve.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Around December of 2017 I presented an issue I had with my alarm company payment and service. I called Royal Security and was routed to Central Security Group. Central Security informed me that my services would be cancelled by April 30th 2018 and would not renew, the customer service rep then stated “is there anything else that I can assist you with”. At that time I stated no thank You and ended the call. I noticed some inconsistencies on my banking ledger on August 27th, 2018. After reviewing my withdrawal statement I noticed that CSGNationwide has been taking money out of my account since May of 2018. This was very upsetting as I was informed that they would not be withdrawing any money from my account due to my alarm services not renewing.

I called Royal Security and was transferred to a Central Security Group representative who informed me that my service was not cancelled and actually auto renewed without my permission. I find this to be a very dishonest company who should inform me of this beforehand. I also don’t understand why I was never notified the month prior to this renewal, even if I was informed prior (which I wasn’t). Things happen. It’s life. Your company may not know this or not but a friendly reminder isn’t hard to send especially to paying customers. Being sidelined by a unexpected bill is however very hard to accept especially after being told that it would definitely cancel.

I spoke to James ID: ** who wasn’t much help. James seemed irritated that I wanted to calmly discuss how your company was continuing to in a nice way screw me over. He barely wanted to provide his name or badge and declined to give his last name but insisted I give mines which to me is another disturbing scenario but we won’t dig into that because the problem at hand is There was no apology and or no direct answer to my how to cancel your services which was my main concern/question.

I would like this service cancelled and cancelled immediately. Price gouging and or nonexistent explanation of payment for goods is pretty against the law. Furthermore after my review is made public in hopes that this would prevent future customers from experiencing this inconvenient hardship which I have had to encounter in the amount of $300.

Good morning,

I’m sorry you’re having a negative experience. I would be happy to look into this for you, but will need more information to do so.

Please provide the phone # on your account via private message or through email at CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com, and someone will reach out to discuss this with you.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I called a couple of months before my 3 year contract expires to cancel. I didn’t want it to auto renew another year. I was told I needed to talk to a manager, they was too busy and asked me to leave my number so they would call me back... that call never came. A week or so later I finally got a manager on the line, I was told I needed to write an email stating I wanted to cancel service. I did that and received an email stating they got my email from I guess their automated response. Now that my contract is up, I got another bill... I called and again they said I needed to talk to a manager since no one could look into my account to tell me if ya canceled or not... Again they are swamped and asked me to leave my number... still no callback. I'M TIRED OF HAVING TO GO THROUGH THIS JUST TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT!!! Quick to get money and sign people up but don't wanna end services when asked.

Good morning Long,

Upon researching your account, I found your cancellation email which indicates your acknowledgement that your contract ends September 30, 2018. Per this email, your service and billing will terminate at the end of September. I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you have any further questions.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

So according to Central Security Group, renters aren't allowed to have service. This is coming right from them. When I initially signed up the sales rep came to my home and had me sign an electronic contract which I never received a copy of. I informed him I was renting my home and it didn't seem to be a problem. I just called today because I am in the process of moving to another home, renting still.

I was told I shouldn't have been offered service since I wasn't the homeowner and my options are. 1. Have the new landlord take over services. 2. Have the new tenant take over services. 3. Pay for a service I am unable to use for the remainder of the contract. 4. Pay off the contract because of false information I was given. WOW! Horrible customer service especially for a system I have had numerous technicians come out for over the span of 18 months. Next stop, my attorney's office. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced this all because the sales rep wanted to make a quick commission. I fully intend to file a lawsuit. Thanks Central Security Group!

Central Security Group response

I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience, Don. I would be happy to research this for you, but will need more information to do so. Will you please private message me the phone # on your account or email it to CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com?

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

On 8/2015 contracted with CSG for a 3 year home security monitoring system. 8/2018 My family and I were vacating at the house. The alarm keyboard was beeping when I received a call from CSG Monitoring Station. A test was performed on the system. I was told no signal was received on CSG end and a technician would be sent. Upon the technician's tests he said the motherboard is outdated and CSG has not received a signal from my unit since 2/2018. I contacted CSG cancelling my contract and told them I wanted a refund from 2/2018. CSG claims they tried to reach me via my cell number to no avail. They had our email and home address, but no notification for seven (7) months that our security system was not working, which we paid $35.66 per month for. WARNING: DO NOT CONTRACT WITH CENTRAL SECURITY GROUP.

Central Security Group response

I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience, John. I would be happy to assist you with this, but need more information to locate your account.

If you could please send the phone # on your account through private response or via email at CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com, I will look into this, and a member of management will reach out to you.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: July 29, 2018

Our alarms wouldn't work the first time this company attempted to install our system. The second time, once they "fixed it" the alarm would go off randomly. We could never leave it alone for more than 24 hours. I had taken the day off to be home hoping they would finally fix it after a third attempt. The technician never even showed. Alarms continued and the police took over 2 hours to show (we were gone) because it was a boy called wolf situation. We don't feel safe setting our alarm. We're just wanting to walk away but between central security's fines to break contract, along with fine of the cities, it leaves us in a tight bond. Please consider this. Too many security companies out there to go with this one.

Good afternoon Derek,

I'm sorry your experience has been a negative one. I would love the opportunity to assist you with this, but to do so will need some more information so I can locate your account.

Please send the phone # on your account via private message or email to CSGCares@CentralSecurityGroup.com, and a member of management will reach out to you to discuss.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: July 23, 2018

Like several other reviewers, I have had difficulty terminating my service with Central Security Group. After my 3-year commitment was complete, I notified them by phone that I wished to terminate service. I was informed that this notice had to be in writing, so I followed up by email on June 6, and received a confirmation that my notification had been received on June 7. Then in late-June my account was debited for an additional (full) month. And in late-July, I received another bill for the full month of July. This company seems very service-oriented until you sign a contract, but then they seem intent on getting every last dollar from the customer, even when the contract is fulfilled and the service is no longer desired.

Good morning, Terry.

We would love the opportunity to assist you with this, but to do so will need more information to locate your account. Please direct message the phone # on your account to us, or email your account information to CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com, and a member of management will be happy to look into this situation further.

CSG Team

Original review: July 19, 2018

I had signed a contract about two years ago with this firm. No one said during that initial contact anything about paying all 3 years if you need to cancel (I assumed it's like any other service, a fixed fee with a common sense value + maybe another month). Maybe it is in some hidden form somewhere since they give you 1000 pages you only see when they install the equipment (how can you have time to read all that stuff).

I called today and asked to cancel in 2 months from now since I will sell the house and have to relocate with my job, but it seems somehow I have to pay for 1 year and send them mails or faxes with a request of cancellation... Really? Can't you just do it over the phone? This is 21st Century people!!! Stay away guys, this is the biggest scam in history of contracts. Who in the right mind allows these scammers to get away with this? Where is consumer protection? I guess is a free for all... And guess who's the prey? Me & You reading this.

Good morning,

I’m sorry your experience has been a negative one. We would like to discuss this with you further. Please private message or email CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com the phone # on your account, and a member of management will be in touch shortly.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: June 27, 2018

My elderly father used Central Security Group to monitor his home. When he passed away, I inherited his home. Once I did, since we no longer under contract, I called Central Security Group to discontinue the service. The lady on the phone said I needed to send an email to the company, which I did. A few days later, I received a letter of condolences stating I needed to send a letter that I was terminating service along with the death certificate. I immediately did so. After three weeks, no response from the security company. Again, I emailed the company. Nothing. I am still being billed. All I can say is STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Very disgraceful way to run a business. Believe the bad reviews about this company!

Central Security Group response

Thank you so much for reaching out to us Pat. I'm happy we were able to address this issue and get it resolved for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out again should you need any assistance in the future.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: June 26, 2018

I had a three year contract with CSG. I found a better deal with another company, so when my 3 years were up I switched. I had written CSG (email) and told them not to take money out of my account anymore (on May 8, 2018); I would write them a check. Lo and behold, CSG took money out of my account 10 days later (I had to call the bank and offer them proof and I had terminated bank withdrawal). Their service was $44.98/mos. I had paid them $12.00 for the services I used in May (1st-8th). In June, I gets this bill for them of $44.98 for May and $44.98 for June and $20.00 for a Stopped Payment ($10 a piece). I called them up and said where was my $12.00 credit? They had listed "Lockbox" for my $12.00 payment! I in the heck is a "Lockbox!" They said I would be getting another bill! For what! August 2018! Another "Lockbox!" I satisfied my 3 year contract with them. I'm not given the blowhard company any more of my money!

Good morning Arthur,

I am sorry you've had such a frustrating experience. Could you please send the phone # on your account through private message or email to CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com, and someone will reach out to you to discuss this.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Edit: Thank you for reaching out to us Arthur. I'm happy we were able to get this issue resolved for you. Let us know should you need assistance in the future.

Best, CSG Team

Original review: June 14, 2018

The original installer, Clear Blue, failed to verify communication between the four smoke detectors that were part of the installation and the main panel. When a low battery in one of the smoke detectors triggered an audible alert, I discovered that there was no indication visible at the panel, a crucial part of a wireless system. I notified Central Security and they verified the original installer's error, sent out a technician, and today I have 4 new detectors that DO communicate with the panel. The technician, Eric **, was a consummate professional throughout this discovery and remediation process. Personally, I am very pleased with Central Security at this point in my security experience.

Good morning Keith,

Thank you for your lovely review. We're so thankful Eric was able to assist you with your recent service issues. We're happy you're a part of the CSG Family. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us in the future should you need further assistance.

CSG Team

Original review: June 1, 2018

After reading the other reviews on this and other websites, all I can say is that at least we're not alone in dealing with this terrible company. We've not only been forced to use them in our new home due to their contract terms and shady cancellation fees, but we've have NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS since we've signed the contract in our new home. I don't want to re-write whats already been written, so all you have to do is read what others have said, and we've likely experienced most of the same problems described too.

Good afternoon N,

We're happy we were able to get your issues resolved. Please don't hesitate to contact us again should any further issues arise.

Sincerely,

CSG Team

Original review: May 10, 2018

Due to health and personal reasons we sold our home in Austin. After three weeks of calls, and two weeks of no responses, heard today that they would not negotiate the termination of our contract. I tried to move the contract, however they wanted to replace the current system in a brand new home. The buyer of our home tried to set up a contract to use their system, however due to poor customer service refuses to use this company. I would give them 0 stars if possible. Now, first contract with them and they are threatening credit bureaus, etc. STAY AWAY from these guys! I wish we had.

Updated 6/8/18:
      Good morning Randall,
      Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. As we have reached a mutually agreeable resolution, we will consider this matter closed. Please let us know if any future questions arise.

Central Security Group Company Information