Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Formerly Central Security Group

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.45/5

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Alert 360 Reviews

Original review: March 23, 2020

Yikes. When the people above and the folks below warn y'all not to do business with these fools, listen. Listen, then heed! Two bits of advice I'd love to go back in time to tell my former self. =P I'm here to tell you, with three advance degrees to my name, I still signed a contract with the people (that was for two years, despite them NOW saying it was for three), and have been DEEPLY, DEEPLY, DEEEEEPLY dissatisfied with every since signing my name.

THE CAMERAS DO NOT WORK. That's right. Half the time they're down. One, two, all of them. The right one, the left one, no rhyme or reason, just down, down, down. You need them to monitor a door? Forget about it. You want to be able to surveil your property? Too darn bad! Their debit equipment will work like clockwork every single month, but their hardware in your home? Be prepared for it to fail at least 30% of the time. AT LEAST.

THE SOFTWARE IS SO KLUGE, IT'S LIKE LOOKING AT THE CODE THAT RAN NETSCAPE IN 90s. This won't mean a ton to many, but for those in the know, it's both laughable and DEAD ON. What this means for you as the end user? To be kluge (cloo-gee) is to be so in-elegant as to render a product or a situation D-O-O-M-E-D. Much like the aforementioned Netscape reference! ;D It means that what you're hoping to use will high volumes of latency (move slow!), will refresh with all the speed of a slurtle (the byproduct of a slug and a turtle!), and will -- at moments of great importance!! -- totally crap out! That's the technical term for being rendered totally useless. So, ultimately, it's got problems.

PLUS, and HERE IS THE REAL KICKER, IT'S NOT SAFE. A little more than a year into using this service, my husband and I suddenly noticed that the code we'd chosen had been overwritten when we tried to deactivate the nights' prior settings, and the alarm kept going off without deactivating. We entered our normal code a dozen times, then finally had to call the company. They explained that someone had logged on late to our account the night before (at 11:30pm-ish), and had changed our pass code! We hadn't done it, but they kept insisting that we had. That we had and that they'd never experienced that problem before! The code that was chosen wasn't one we'd ever used or would have ever used for anything! So, I know it wasn't us!

Not only that, but the system should have a policy in place wherein if something like that happens, you're informed. An email blast should be auto-generated (like with any other service!) that tells you a code has been changed, and that if it wasn't you who'd done it, you should contact service for assistance! No such policy exists! So, if hackers do get into your account (and, again, you can refer the "kluge" content of this review to see the "quality" of the code for the system!), you'd never know it! Not before it was way, way, way too late!

Finally, and several people have mentioned it, but it bears repeating: THIS COMPANY PRACTICES DECEPTIVE CONTRACT LAW. After you sign your name on the dotted, I defy you to find your actual printed contract. And since you have no ability to do so, these people can make whatever you signed say whatever it is they want to.

THEY KEEP SAYING THAT THEY'RE THE COMPANY WITH NO SECRETS, and yet they auto-renew your contract, they extend contract lengths, they make promises to fulfill service obligations (whether it's finding you a way to help you move or it's actually keeping their equipment operational!) and they fail more times than they are successful. Just trust me when I say, to do business with these people is to do yourself a great disservice.

For those trying to cancel, I recommend the following--

1.) Write a letter specifying that you want to cancel no later than the SECOND your current contract expires. That you WILL NOT RENEW, that you WILL NOT CONTINUE TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, and that failure to cancel your contract will result in a lawsuit.

2.) Go to the post office. Send a certified copy to the company and send another certified copy to yourself. Do not open your certified copy, but do keep it for the future. Send an email to their "cares" email address notifying them that you have sent a certified copy to both and that upon that final date, if your service is not terminated, you will press charges.

3.) Contact your credit card company (if you pay through them. If you do not, I recommend switching it out!) to let them know that you have been trying to cancel with them in every legal way possible. Inform them that they practice predatory behaviors and that you have sent them certified cancellations. Ask them to protect your interest should Alert 360, Alarm.com, Fort Knox (or any of their other subsidiaries) fail to meet those demands.

4.) Use social media to shame these people into better business practices or complete social ruin. There is still no better advertising than word-of-mouth, and I promise you that by speaking out on Facebook, Twitter, places like ConsumerAffairs, etc., we can prevent the next poor sucker looking to keep their family safe from getting taken advantage of by the people who should be providing their security. =P

Original review: March 3, 2020

My contract was for 3 years at $70 monthly, part of the contract was the price of equipment. Once the 3 years had gone by the company continued to charge the same rate. So when we asked them why are we being charged for equipment, the transfer game began. I have contacted my attorney general to file a complaint. I advise everyone that are dealing with these practices by this company to do the same.

Alert 360 response

Good morning, Mike. Alert 360 prides itself on industry-leading customer service, and I'm sorry if you don't feel that was met in your interaction with us. We are more than willing to work with you to resolve any concerns you may have. We have made multiple attempts to contact you, but have been unable to reach you. Please contact us at your earliest convenience, so we may discuss available options with you. Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2020

My husband and had Alert 360 put into our home when we first moved in. Three years later when I called to ask a question they couldn't find us in the system because they had the wrong address. So we were paying for what exactly? 2 years later my husband was diagnosed with cancer and we needed to move to be near a cancer institute in hopes of saving his life. I reached out to alert 360 and let them know of this matter. They wanted to know where we were going and I told them that we were going to be living at the institute's extended stay until I found housing.

I found housing and the home was already equipped with a security system. Alert 360 was blowing my phone up asking when they were going to be putting in the system. I told them that we already had a system to which they said I need to pay over $1400 or they would take me to collections. Sadly my husband did not beat the cancer diagnosis and he died in Sept of 2019. Alert 360 has sent me to a collection agency. This is not an ethical company.

Alert 360 response

Alert 360 is always willing to work with our valued customers who may be going through a hardship, such as the loss of a loved one. Mr. Erker will need to reach out to the company who is currently managing his debt. He will need to correspond with them for any further information. Alert 360 considers this matter closed.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

We have tried to cancel services with Guardian on multiple occasions. After our initial contract period expired, they automatically initiated a new contract without prior contact to my wife or I. At that point they refused to void the new contract and stated we would have to pay the entirety of the new contract in order to void it. We decided to keep the company at that time, even though we hardly, if ever, used their services. When we moved to a new state after they continued the contract without our approval, we called to cancel their services. We were again informed that we would have to pay the remaining balance for every month remaining on the contract to cancel....even though we were moving to a state that they didn't provide service. Company is completely unethical, rigid, and dishonest. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. Steer clear of Alert 360. ADT is a much better option.

Alert 360 response

Alert 360 is always willing to work with our valued customers who may be going through a hardship. We pride ourselves on industry-leading customer service, and what you’ve described is not indicative of the experience Alert 360 strives to provide. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate an account based on the information available. Please email the address or phone number on your account to Alert360Cares@alert360.com, so I can research this situation. Thank you, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

My parents has request to cancel this service for one a year. Several family members have fax letter of cancellation. The customer rep told us we can't cancel and good luck with trying then hung up the phone. My father has dementia when they pushed him into their service. They kept calling him every day till he said yes due to being confused. My mother has Parkinson and they have Xfinity the entire time. This company had no right providing a second alarm system. The alarm goes off and no one know how to turn it off. The customer service reps are rude and do not help us. It's not hard to confuse 82 year old man. This company scams people. Please do not sign a contract. You will regret ever doing business with Alert 360. They enjoy taking advantage of senior citizens. Refusing to provide help with cancellation process. ALERT 360 IS A BAD COMPANY.

Alert 360 response

Good morning, Dana. I apologize for any frustration you have had with Alert 360. We pride ourselves on industry-leading customer service, and what you’ve described is not indicative of the experience Alert 360 strives to provide. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate an account based on the information available. Please email the address or phone number on your account to Alert360Cares@alert360.com, so I can research this situation. Thank you, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert 360?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Trust me when I say do NOT sign a contract with this company. We were so excited when we purchased our newly built home. Within a couple days of moving in, a representative from Alert 360 came to our door offering their services. He made it sound wonderful. Why wouldn’t we sign? Unfortunately we discovered that their advertising turned out to be false. My husband was transferred to a small town in another state halfway through our contract. When we called to have our service transferred we were told that they do not offer service where we lived and we would owe the remaining balance of our contract. The company declined. They do not move with you.

After months of back and forth, they did offer an unrealistic solution of arming a couple locations but for the same monthly price and no cameras. What is the point of a security system if the entire house isn’t armed. We declined their “solution”. I reached out to the Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint. During this time Alert360 did respond to our complaint with the same solution. As soon as we stopped replying to the BBB, we started receiving invoices for the monthly amount even though we were not receiving service.

This has been a nightmare. They have turned us in to collections for around $1400. My husband called yesterday and was treated very unprofessionally. The only response the collection agent had was if we weren’t going to pay in full or get a lawyer then she didn’t want to hear from us. I wish so much that we wouldn’t have signed a contract with them. We didn’t know we were going to get transferred when we signed the initial agreement. The company my husband works for shutdown so we had no choice but to move where they sent us.

Alert 360 response
    We have made every reasonable effort to resolve this matter amicably with this customer. Options were presented without any immediate out-of-pocket costs.

This customer will need to reach out to the company who is currently managing their account, and correspond with them for any further information.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I have an open complaint against this company and we now have filed a police report due to an attempted home invasion. The alarm company came out on January 28 to install a new alarm panel with our existing fully functional alarm equipment. After their ‘installation’ a sensor was suddenly pried up Paint, glue and all and placed I can only assume on top of the sister sensor which made it seem as if the window was alerted and protected. The alarm panel showed the window armed.

Yesterday, February 2nd, my alarm alerted that the window was opening. The sensor had fallen off the top of its adjoining sensor where it had been placed triggering the alarm as someone attempted to make entry. My screen was pried off and foot prints were in the dirt. This is not the worst part. When I looked in the panel at the sensors security all showed active. When I dug deeper I found a secondary screen which showed one of my 11 year old daughter's bedroom window sensors was inactive. I feel like we were targeted for a break in or much much worse. No sensors were bypassed on the bypass screen and no alerts were given to bypass any sensors. No calls were made to ask if we wished to bypass any sensors. Please be very careful when choosing your alarm company. I was home alone with my children when this happened.

Alert 360 response

Alert 360 believes the safety of our customers is of the utmost importance. All of our service technicians require extensive training as well as a thorough background check. We regret to hear Ms. Jones had a negative experience, and, if necessary, are willing to cooperate in any way we are needed. We encourage Ms. Jones to reach out to us at any time should further assistance be required.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Do not sign an agreement with Alert 360, they have deceptive contracts and you will have a difficult time cancelling your service after your contract has ended. What they don’t tell you when you are signing the initial contract is that once your contract term is fulfilled, THEY AUTOMATICALLY RENEW IT. Then, if you call to cancel your service after fulfilling the original term of your contract, they will charge you for an entirely new contract term to cancel. There is no notice of renewal, or opportunity to cancel, they automatically renew your contract term unless you have sent them a letter asking that your contract not be renewed. This is a very shady business practice meant to keep you tied up in a contract or paying huge cancellation fees after the term of the original contract has already expired.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Do not do business with this company!!! They had a representative to come out and sell me security devices in which they refuse to service after they stop working! The third party contractor that could service the cameras is out of business. I have asked they they come out to fix a door sensor that keeps me from turning the alarm on at night. They were supposed to do that within 24 hours and after 5 days, I requested that they cancel my contract. They stopped the monitoring service but did not cancel the contract and is still billing me for service. I'm checking with an attorney for a class action lawsuit and I will keep you posted!

Edith **

Alert 360 response
    Good morning, Edith. I sincerely apologize for any frustration you may have experienced. Unfortunately, we have been unable to confirm you're a customer of Alert 360. We ask that you please reach out to us via email at Alert360Cares@alert360.com with the phone # or address associated with your account. This information will allow us to investigate further.
    Best,

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

This a an abusive company that tries aggressive contracting practices to rob you! We moved into our home with a complete system! Instead of buying a new system, we choose Alert 360 to monitor our current system. After a year we moved and when I called to cancel they informed me “yes you may cancel the monitoring but you must still pay the FULL contract price!” A price that included the extra features that they up-sell you on. At the time we could have purchased a 10$ monitoring only, but we chose the 55$ dollar option to included our phones and app monitoring. They are trying to get me to pay this full 3 year price at 55$ a month! How is that a fair cancellation policy? This is completely absurd to pay for 3 years of just monitoring on a non existent property! Do not sign with this company until they change their cancellation clause. Nobody knows the when they will need to move.

Alert 360 response

We make every attempt to be transparent with our contract terms. The contract our customers sign includes a "No Secrets" form which clearly states customers are responsible for payments due under the terms of their agreement even if they move and no longer use the service. In total our contract term is shown 4 locations. We would be happy to provide a copy showing the areas signed indicating you were entering into a 36-month agreement if this is not available to you at this time.

Alert 360 expert review by Ben Mannes

Monitored security systems for homes and businesses start at $15.95/month. Professional installation is required.

• Smart security equipment: Complete smart home security customizations include interactive home control, indoor night vision camera, video doorbell with night vision, key-free door lock, wireless image sensor, Alert 360 touch screen panel, window and door sensors, remote key fob and Wi-Fi signal booster.

• High-tech camera systems: Advanced technology is available in Bullet and Dome security cameras. Professional-grade digital video recorders are also available.

• Smart automation features: Smart technology lets you access and control your home alarm, lighting, door locks, doorbell cameras and video camera systems from anywhere through your phone.

• Availability: Alert 360 security services are available in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Maryland.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Alert 360 Company Information