1.47/5

Need a home alarm?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

128 Central Security Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We got the alarm system, we told the agent we were renting to own and this was not a problem. Now that the owner of the home is selling the property to an invested we are forced to move and rent again. I sent Richard ** an email to get some help in resolving the matter and never received a response. CSG says we have to pay the $1000 until the end of the contract even though we don’t have the equipment or the services anymore. No help or consideration for any life situation, once they get your money and card information you're doomed!

Central Security Group response
    Update:

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to resolve this for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything in the future.

Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Good afternoon Alana,

I would be happy to assist you with this, but will need more information to do so. Could you please private message me the phone # on your account, and a member of management will be in touch to discuss.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I was hit with a false alarm fine in August, which I paid. My husband activated the alarm and due to poor communication and two different representatives speaking to two different homeowners, the police were called out. I authorized the call, but my husband canceled it, but because we were speaking to two different people, they sent the police out. I have asked for a credit on my account for the fine I paid.

They keep making excuses and want me to jump through hurdles to get that credit. My monthly charges equal more than that for two months and I've been with them for four years... That's roughly $2800 I already paid them, and I'm asking for $100.00. I was provided with the instructions on how to cancel my service, which I followed. My last payment should be next month and it better be, but I am concerned after reading the previous reviews. With competitive do-it-yourself systems and vendors out there... I really don't know how they will stay in business... Changing your name does not fool anyone.

Central Security Group response
    Update:

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to resolve this for you, Lena. We're happy you've chosen to continue to be a part of the Alert 360 family. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything in the future.

Good morning Lena,

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We bought a home with a CSG system already installed. We took over the contract the previous homeowners had on the house and were advised we’d just need to fulfill the remaining contract. I call in to cancel services now that I’ve sold the home and I’m told I still have 11 months left to fulfill in my contract. I asked them to pull the call recordings when I called in and discussed services and the contract takeover and I was advised calls only go back 6 months and maybe IT could find the archived call records. I will not be recommending services to anyone. Just like many others stated fast to expect your payment and when you go to cancel based on the agreements nothing but problems and misinformation.

Central Security Group response
    Update:

Thank you for providing the opportunity to resolve this for you, Mr. Rawleigh. We appreciate your business and hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future.

Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Good morning Josh,

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I have been a customer of this firm for many many years. My account covered 3 addresses, 1 for my personal home and 2 addresses for a rental duplex. I sold the duplex in May 2018 and asked how to cancel. They said send an email so I did on May 16. I requested cancellation of the duplex addresses. From June to October I have disputed every bill because I keep getting billed for two addresses I don’t own. They said extend the contract on my personal residence so I did. They said talk with the Office of CEO, I have.

I have sent emails and have made multiple hour long phone calls to stop getting billed. The latest bill had me being charged TWICE on my personal home, and once on one of the addresses from the duplex, and a mere 1 month credit for the other address. I just want to make the security system nightmare end and receive credit on my account for 5 months of service that I was billed after the account was cancelled. I just sent a very lengthy letter, with bill disputes highlighted and copies of all emails that I have sent regarding this issue. My phone number is ** and one of the duplex addresses is **. I see where some other complaints have been addressed and I want mine to be addressed as well.

Good morning Rachel,

I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience. I would be more than happy to assist you with this, but to do so will need more information. Could you please send me the phone # on your account through private message or email to Alert360Cares@alert360.com, and a member of our management team will reach out to discuss?

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Check reviews elsewhere. After jumping through hoops to terminate my account with CSG, at the END OF ITS TERM, including both written and phone notices, they continue to draw money from our bank account. Worse yet, there are many reviews online that show they do this to many customers after the accounts are closed. Please consider filing complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, and Consumer Division of the Texas State Attorneys General Office, or this dishonest company will continue to steal money from customers.

Good morning Peter,
    It was our pleasure to speak with you today and we’re glad we were able to resolve this issue for you. As we discussed over the phone, this was an error on our part
    and we sincerely regret any inconvenience we may have caused. This error has now been corrected and a refund has been applied. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert 360?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Got a security system for a two year contract for a home. I specifically asked the representative would we be done without further obligation after the two years. I wanted to know in case we decided we didn’t want to keep the service. He told me point blank yes, the service ended in two years and someone would call before then to see if we wanted to renew. Now after two years, they say there’s a clause somewhere that we are obligated ANOTHER FULL YEAR if we didn’t cancel by a certain date before the two years ended. Don’t sign up with anyone affiliated with them!

Good afternoon Herman,

I'm sorry you're having a negative experience. A member of our team has reached out to you to discuss options we have available for you, but have been unable to connect with you. Is there a good time we can reach you?

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Had signed a contract about two years ago with this firm. No one said during that initial contact anything about paying all 3 years if you need to cancel (I assumed it's like any other service, a fixed fee with a common sense value + maybe another month). Maybe it is in some hidden form somewhere since they give you 1000 pages you only see when they install the equipment (how can you have time to read all that stuff).

Edit:

Upon researching your account, I have discovered that your contract/billing agreement is not with us. We recommend you reach out to the company you have contracted with for services to further resolve.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Around December of 2017 I presented an issue I had with my alarm company payment and service. I called Royal Security and was routed to Central Security Group. Central Security informed me that my services would be cancelled by April 30th 2018 and would not renew, the customer service rep then stated “is there anything else that I can assist you with”. At that time I stated no thank You and ended the call. I noticed some inconsistencies on my banking ledger on August 27th, 2018. After reviewing my withdrawal statement I noticed that CSGNationwide has been taking money out of my account since May of 2018. This was very upsetting as I was informed that they would not be withdrawing any money from my account due to my alarm services not renewing.

I called Royal Security and was transferred to a Central Security Group representative who informed me that my service was not cancelled and actually auto renewed without my permission. I find this to be a very dishonest company who should inform me of this beforehand. I also don’t understand why I was never notified the month prior to this renewal, even if I was informed prior (which I wasn’t). Things happen. It’s life. Your company may not know this or not but a friendly reminder isn’t hard to send especially to paying customers. Being sidelined by a unexpected bill is however very hard to accept especially after being told that it would definitely cancel.

I spoke to James ID: ** who wasn’t much help. James seemed irritated that I wanted to calmly discuss how your company was continuing to in a nice way screw me over. He barely wanted to provide his name or badge and declined to give his last name but insisted I give mines which to me is another disturbing scenario but we won’t dig into that because the problem at hand is There was no apology and or no direct answer to my how to cancel your services which was my main concern/question.

I would like this service cancelled and cancelled immediately. Price gouging and or nonexistent explanation of payment for goods is pretty against the law. Furthermore after my review is made public in hopes that this would prevent future customers from experiencing this inconvenient hardship which I have had to encounter in the amount of $300.

Good morning,

I’m sorry you’re having a negative experience. I would be happy to look into this for you, but will need more information to do so.

Please provide the phone # on your account via private message or through email at CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com, and someone will reach out to discuss this with you.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I called a couple of months before my 3 year contract expires to cancel. I didn’t want it to auto renew another year. I was told I needed to talk to a manager, they was too busy and asked me to leave my number so they would call me back... that call never came. A week or so later I finally got a manager on the line, I was told I needed to write an email stating I wanted to cancel service. I did that and received an email stating they got my email from I guess their automated response. Now that my contract is up, I got another bill... I called and again they said I needed to talk to a manager since no one could look into my account to tell me if ya canceled or not... Again they are swamped and asked me to leave my number... still no callback. I'M TIRED OF HAVING TO GO THROUGH THIS JUST TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT!!! Quick to get money and sign people up but don't wanna end services when asked.

Good morning Long,

Upon researching your account, I found your cancellation email which indicates your acknowledgement that your contract ends September 30, 2018. Per this email, your service and billing will terminate at the end of September. I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you have any further questions.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

So according to Central Security Group, renters aren't allowed to have service. This is coming right from them. When I initially signed up the sales rep came to my home and had me sign an electronic contract which I never received a copy of. I informed him I was renting my home and it didn't seem to be a problem. I just called today because I am in the process of moving to another home, renting still.

I was told I shouldn't have been offered service since I wasn't the homeowner and my options are. 1. Have the new landlord take over services. 2. Have the new tenant take over services. 3. Pay for a service I am unable to use for the remainder of the contract. 4. Pay off the contract because of false information I was given. WOW! Horrible customer service especially for a system I have had numerous technicians come out for over the span of 18 months. Next stop, my attorney's office. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced this all because the sales rep wanted to make a quick commission. I fully intend to file a lawsuit. Thanks Central Security Group!

Central Security Group response

I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience, Don. I would be happy to research this for you, but will need more information to do so. Will you please private message me the phone # on your account or email it to CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com?

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

On 8/2015 contracted with CSG for a 3 year home security monitoring system. 8/2018 My family and I were vacating at the house. The alarm keyboard was beeping when I received a call from CSG Monitoring Station. A test was performed on the system. I was told no signal was received on CSG end and a technician would be sent. Upon the technician's tests he said the motherboard is outdated and CSG has not received a signal from my unit since 2/2018. I contacted CSG cancelling my contract and told them I wanted a refund from 2/2018. CSG claims they tried to reach me via my cell number to no avail. They had our email and home address, but no notification for seven (7) months that our security system was not working, which we paid $35.66 per month for. WARNING: DO NOT CONTRACT WITH CENTRAL SECURITY GROUP.

Central Security Group response

I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience, John. I would be happy to assist you with this, but need more information to locate your account.

If you could please send the phone # on your account through private response or via email at CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com, I will look into this, and a member of management will reach out to you.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: July 29, 2018

Our alarms wouldn't work the first time this company attempted to install our system. The second time, once they "fixed it" the alarm would go off randomly. We could never leave it alone for more than 24 hours. I had taken the day off to be home hoping they would finally fix it after a third attempt. The technician never even showed. Alarms continued and the police took over 2 hours to show (we were gone) because it was a boy called wolf situation. We don't feel safe setting our alarm. We're just wanting to walk away but between central security's fines to break contract, along with fine of the cities, it leaves us in a tight bond. Please consider this. Too many security companies out there to go with this one.

Good afternoon Derek,

I'm sorry your experience has been a negative one. I would love the opportunity to assist you with this, but to do so will need some more information so I can locate your account.

Please send the phone # on your account via private message or email to CSGCares@CentralSecurityGroup.com, and a member of management will reach out to you to discuss.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: July 23, 2018

Like several other reviewers, I have had difficulty terminating my service with Central Security Group. After my 3-year commitment was complete, I notified them by phone that I wished to terminate service. I was informed that this notice had to be in writing, so I followed up by email on June 6, and received a confirmation that my notification had been received on June 7. Then in late-June my account was debited for an additional (full) month. And in late-July, I received another bill for the full month of July. This company seems very service-oriented until you sign a contract, but then they seem intent on getting every last dollar from the customer, even when the contract is fulfilled and the service is no longer desired.

Good morning, Terry.

We would love the opportunity to assist you with this, but to do so will need more information to locate your account. Please direct message the phone # on your account to us, or email your account information to CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com, and a member of management will be happy to look into this situation further.

CSG Team

Original review: July 19, 2018

I had signed a contract about two years ago with this firm. No one said during that initial contact anything about paying all 3 years if you need to cancel (I assumed it's like any other service, a fixed fee with a common sense value + maybe another month). Maybe it is in some hidden form somewhere since they give you 1000 pages you only see when they install the equipment (how can you have time to read all that stuff).

I called today and asked to cancel in 2 months from now since I will sell the house and have to relocate with my job, but it seems somehow I have to pay for 1 year and send them mails or faxes with a request of cancellation... Really? Can't you just do it over the phone? This is 21st Century people!!! Stay away guys, this is the biggest scam in history of contracts. Who in the right mind allows these scammers to get away with this? Where is consumer protection? I guess is a free for all... And guess who's the prey? Me & You reading this.

Good morning,

I’m sorry your experience has been a negative one. We would like to discuss this with you further. Please private message or email CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com the phone # on your account, and a member of management will be in touch shortly.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: June 27, 2018

My elderly father used Central Security Group to monitor his home. When he passed away, I inherited his home. Once I did, since we no longer under contract, I called Central Security Group to discontinue the service. The lady on the phone said I needed to send an email to the company, which I did. A few days later, I received a letter of condolences stating I needed to send a letter that I was terminating service along with the death certificate. I immediately did so. After three weeks, no response from the security company. Again, I emailed the company. Nothing. I am still being billed. All I can say is STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Very disgraceful way to run a business. Believe the bad reviews about this company!

Central Security Group response

Thank you so much for reaching out to us Pat. I'm happy we were able to address this issue and get it resolved for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out again should you need any assistance in the future.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: June 26, 2018

I had a three year contract with CSG. I found a better deal with another company, so when my 3 years were up I switched. I had written CSG (email) and told them not to take money out of my account anymore (on May 8, 2018); I would write them a check. Lo and behold, CSG took money out of my account 10 days later (I had to call the bank and offer them proof and I had terminated bank withdrawal). Their service was $44.98/mos. I had paid them $12.00 for the services I used in May (1st-8th). In June, I gets this bill for them of $44.98 for May and $44.98 for June and $20.00 for a Stopped Payment ($10 a piece). I called them up and said where was my $12.00 credit? They had listed "Lockbox" for my $12.00 payment! I in the heck is a "Lockbox!" They said I would be getting another bill! For what! August 2018! Another "Lockbox!" I satisfied my 3 year contract with them. I'm not given the blowhard company any more of my money!

Good morning Arthur,

I am sorry you've had such a frustrating experience. Could you please send the phone # on your account through private message or email to CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com, and someone will reach out to you to discuss this.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Edit: Thank you for reaching out to us Arthur. I'm happy we were able to get this issue resolved for you. Let us know should you need assistance in the future.

Best, CSG Team

Original review: June 14, 2018

The original installer, Clear Blue, failed to verify communication between the four smoke detectors that were part of the installation and the main panel. When a low battery in one of the smoke detectors triggered an audible alert, I discovered that there was no indication visible at the panel, a crucial part of a wireless system. I notified Central Security and they verified the original installer's error, sent out a technician, and today I have 4 new detectors that DO communicate with the panel. The technician, Eric **, was a consummate professional throughout this discovery and remediation process. Personally, I am very pleased with Central Security at this point in my security experience.

Good morning Keith,

Thank you for your lovely review. We're so thankful Eric was able to assist you with your recent service issues. We're happy you're a part of the CSG Family. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us in the future should you need further assistance.

CSG Team

Original review: June 1, 2018

After reading the other reviews on this and other websites, all I can say is that at least we're not alone in dealing with this terrible company. We've not only been forced to use them in our new home due to their contract terms and shady cancellation fees, but we've have NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS since we've signed the contract in our new home. I don't want to re-write whats already been written, so all you have to do is read what others have said, and we've likely experienced most of the same problems described too.

Good afternoon N,

We're happy we were able to get your issues resolved. Please don't hesitate to contact us again should any further issues arise.

Sincerely,

CSG Team

Original review: May 10, 2018

Due to health and personal reasons we sold our home in Austin. After three weeks of calls, and two weeks of no responses, heard today that they would not negotiate the termination of our contract. I tried to move the contract, however they wanted to replace the current system in a brand new home. The buyer of our home tried to set up a contract to use their system, however due to poor customer service refuses to use this company. I would give them 0 stars if possible. Now, first contract with them and they are threatening credit bureaus, etc. STAY AWAY from these guys! I wish we had.

Updated 6/8/18:
    Good morning Randall,
    Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. As we have reached a mutually agreeable resolution, we will consider this matter closed. Please let us know if any future questions arise.

CSG Team

Original review: April 10, 2018

My 85 year old father signed a contract with this company in Nov 2015, when their representatives came to the door and convinced him that their system was better than the one he had. Big mistake. He passed away and it has been very frustrating to deal with these folks. First, I called and asked them to turn it off explaining the situation, he died... We're putting the house on the market, etc. They said that they couldn't do anything for me on the phone because the contract was with my Dad. Their response was to send a nice letter of condolence, telling me that they'd do all they could to help, and requesting that written notice and a death certificate be submitted as proof of death. Understandable. The paperwork was submitted and I never heard anything back, other than a FAX received notice. Meanwhile the bank account was still being billed, so finally I called them again. This time the story changed.

No matter what the cause, the account still has 7 months to run, they're happy to turn it off, but we'll still be charged... unless of course I get whoever buys the house to take over the account and sign a new contract. It's pretty clear that even if Dad had survived the first 3 years, it would have auto renewed and we'd be in the same spot. Paying for services that we're not getting. I read over the contract and it's true that at the very bottom of the second column on the 3rd page of the contract titled "Service and Installation agreement" it says that this contract is binding on your heirs and estate. It's in print about size 6. I'm sure my Dad didn't read it. It's too small for old folks to see. This company may get a good rating by the BBB, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Selling a 3-year, auto renewal contract to elderly folks and making it binding even if they die is just a ripoff.

Good Afternoon Karan,
    Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. As we have reached a mutually agreeable resolution, we will consider this matter closed. Please let us know if any questions or needs arise in the future.
    Kind Regards,

CSG Team

Original review: March 22, 2018

Where do I begin, back in Nov 2017 I was out of contract so I decided to cancel service. I was told to email a cancellation request in Dec 2017 but I would still billed for January 2018. I thought ok whatever. Just bill me. Well I received confirmation via email that service would be terminated and I would no longer be billed. FAST FORWARD March 2nd 2018. I look at my bank statement and noticed I have been billed not only for March but February as well.

I call and was told they couldn't find my email requesting cancellation, my call was transferred to a supervisor who then placed me on hold. Rep comes back on the line and says, "We found your cancellation letter so we will go ahead and send you a refund via US Postal Service". Ok sounds great... NOT. It is now March 21, 2018. I call wanting to know status of refund check and was told they didn't know how I wanted the refund... I was told it would be mailed they said, "No we see the credit. We just need to know how you want it refunded". Anyways this company is HORRIBLE. Customer service is HORRIBLE. I wouldn't recommend not even to my enemy.

Hello Cecelia,
    We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with Central Security Group and we would welcome the opportunity to look into your concerns. Please send us your name and address to CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com or call us at 1-888-642-4567. We look forward to hearing from you!
    Sincerely,

CSG Team

Original review: March 15, 2018

I originally purchased this security plan with the understanding from agents (husband and wife) that I was buying into a 3 year contract. After 3 yrs, I was auto enrolled for another 3 yrs without my knowledge. I called and informed them that I did not sign up for auto renewal as I had confirmed with the agents who sold me the contract. I have only been told that it was stated in the contract that I agreed to auto renewal. I have now been contacted by a collections agency. I trusted the agents who represented this company and have been harassed with constant phone calls over the past year and now by a collections agency. Be very careful if you are considering doing business with this company.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

First of all it was an all-day job, excess of 7 hours. It has been since October 31, 2017 and the system still is not fully operational. We received absolutely no training on the system, not even the courtesy of leaving us a Brochure on how to operate the system. We have had so many technicians out to repair the system, they actually leave because they are incapable of repairing the system. They know they left the work incomplete and does not even have the courtesy to notify the company and send someone out to repair what they were unable to repair.

I have spent in excess of 30+ hours calling in the evening and trying to get some assistance to get the darn thing working. This is so annoying, I got this system because my husband is a Hospice patient, a WWII Veteran, and a Documented Original Tuskegee Airman. I want them out of my home. In additional to this non-functional system, they suggested I spend an additional 1,000.00 in excess cost to make it operational. Big joke we are out of the money, a low class system that does not work, and a local Manager who is an absolute **. He sets the standards! Isn't that something that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling. If you have any suggestions on how to get rid of this trashy company, please let me know. They should not be allowed to practice business, not even "Dog Catchers". At least I respect them.

Hi Larry,

We have read your post and are very disappointed to see this as we make every effort to work with our Military Veterans. If you would please direct message us on here with your address and phone number, we'll be happy to have a member of our leadership team reach out to you directly.

Kind Regards,

Jimmy

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I signed a 3 year contract with this company at the start of a new business to provide security. This business failed less than a year in. When I called in for help in dissolving the contract I was told there was no way. So like a good customer I continued to pay the monthly fee. When I reopened this business less than 2 years later I was told this account could not be reopened although I was currently paying my monthly obligation. I still have 3 months left with this company and I am sure the end date will be a hassle but due to this poor business practice to their people I am now into month 8 of 2 new business with a different security company along with my house and no contract by the way. They didn't even offer a percentage payout to cancel the contract and as promised I continued to pay this company every month. Not 1 single month have I missed. Over $2000 worth of business for no service rendered!!! Horrible company to do business with.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. We are disappointed about the problems that you have experienced, but we are pleased the situation was able to be resolved. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

Warm Regards,

Jimmy

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I was a customer up until a week ago - the reason I cancel my contract with them was that back in December I was robbed, assaulted and eventually shot directly where my Vivint cameras were pointing! The one time I really needed the clip of the assault to give to the police and it wasn't there... I do not feel safe with their cameras watching over me! So here comes in Mario and Mike after hearing my story about being shot they literally bent over backwards to help me in every way I can possible - I just hope they keep up the good work.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your testimonial with us! It sounds like you needed a system you could trust and we're glad we were able to provide you with exactly that. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us and we want to welcome you to our CSG Family!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I sold my house and needed to cancel the contract with Central Security Group. I was told they do not do that; that you must pay your contract in full or get the new homeowners to take it over. I had been with them for 4 years prior to this. Central Security Group did NOT install the equipment in the house so they had no expenses to recoup, yet they insisted I could not cancel the contract. When I finally convinced someone to allow me to cancel they gave me a FAX number and said I had to fax my cancellation with certain terms. Now we all know there is no way to verify someone actually saw the fax. All you get is a verification that the fax went through okay. Needless to say they did not cancel the contract and are still hounding me for payments months after I moved. They are not providing any service at all except to hassle me. The system was actually disconnected for a year before I moved and THEY NEVER CALLED! Rip-off artists!

Central Security Group response

Hi Gregory, We are disappointed to see this review as we make every effort to be transparent about our service agreement. Please direct message us at csgcares@centralsecuritygroup.com, we'll have a member of management reach out to you directly. Kind Regards, Jimmy

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The fine print is actually there and it covers an entire page. I just assumed that a security company would have my best interest in mind so I trusted them. BIG MISTAKE. Long term contract - if cancelled early means that you have to pay for all remaining months plus $250 (and any other fees they think you are responsible for). If you don't give them an early termination letter within their time frame, they will automatically sign you up for a new contract!! I bought a SimpliSafe Security system up front and installed it myself. Now I have no long term contract and they monitor for $14.99 per month. Be careful with companies like Central Security because they appear to only be in it for themselves - the greedy **.

Resolution response: Sept. 27, 2017

I encountered an issue with Central Security Group but Dan **, Austin General Manager, of Central Security Group, was able to resolve this. As a customer with Central Security Group for over three years, I would highly recommend them. As mentioned previously, I encountered an issue and amended my previous review because Mr. ** acknowledged the issue and provided a resolution. This is amazing customer service! Thanks again.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I would not recommend Central Security Group to any friends or family members. If you're interested in a security system, make sure you choose a company that does not force you into a contract or a renewal of a contract. I've been a Central Security Group customer for over 3+ years and recently had to relocate to San Antonio for a job opportunity. I called to cancel my services and was transferred to the Office of the CEO. The representative made it seem like everything would be taken care of; I would just need to provide my home's new contact information. After being reassured, I continued to get billed on my credit card. I called back and they said I would be forced to pay for 20+ months of services, even though I don't live at the home anymore. I asked if I could transfer my services (what most other utilities do) and they stated I would have to start a whole new contract if I wanted to use their services - meaning I'd have two contracts with them.

Loyalty to this company means nothing. Again, a customer for over 3+ years and now they're treating my terribly. I just received a call from another representative and he stated, "this is why we record all of our phone conversations" so they can cover their bases. He was unable to respond when I asked him why I was told by the representative "that everything would be taken care of". I learned my lesson with this company; I should have done more research online in finding a security monitoring company with good customer service.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I am currently in my 13 months into my 2 year contract with Central Security Group. 6 months into this agreement I sold my home and moved in with family. Why? My home was being built. I contacted Royal Security that was the authorized retailer for this business and advised of the move. Also spoke with Central Security Group and advised of the move and was advised I could not freeze the account while awaiting the move, fine couldn't really complain since I was aware I was in contract with the company so I continued to pay the $52.99 a month for equipment that is sitting in a box in a garage. I spoke with the company that originally sold me the equipment and they advised me they would reinstall my system free of charge. Just to call them and let them know when I'm ready to move. They were advised as to the date of the new home completion and agreed to "waive" the fee for installation.

Now fast forward 7 months of which I have continued to pay monthly for service I am not using. I call these companies and am advised since I am in my second year of my contract (1 month into second year) the fee to install the alarm system I am still under contract for is $275.00 or they can waive the fee if I agree to sign a new three year contract or cancel my service for $650.00. If I am unhappy with this service as it is this company has the bright idea of remedying the situation by allowing me to continue to be their customer for 3 additional years. NO that is not going to be acceptable. Who in their right mind would agree to something like this. Not to mention the system I did have was horrible and did not work properly while I had it installed. Now I am forced to find a new alarm company for my new home, pay that payment while I continue to pay the remainder of these 11 months left in my contract.

I would never recommend this company to anyone currently searching for alarm service. Also I would recommend people read these reviews because they all appear to be true. How can so many people have similar experiences, if I had done my homework I would have never chosen this company for the security of my home and family. This is truly a company focused on making money at any cost and does not care about customer service. This company will lose a customer that would have been a customer for years.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

We had an ADT alarm service in 2014. CGS showed up at our door and convinced us that ADT wasn't a legitimate company. We had just moved here and the cops (5-10 cars each time) were always across the street at a neighbor's house. There was constant traffic of different people going in and out of the house, someone was always fighting or yelling all hours of the nights. Most were on bicycles. My husband went to work in Phoenix at 3:00 AM so with the constant police activity I felt more secure having an alarm system. It has been 1 year and 8 months since we switched. We got the phone app and I was always getting messages about the front door had an error, etc. However, I was looking at the door as I left and deadbolted it. So I knew there wasn't a problem!

My husband was diagnosed with a liver disease 2 months ago. I called CGS asking what needs to be done because we have to move back north to live with my son, due to my husband's disease. She told me we were in a 3 year contract (which no one told us about). She said the only way we can get out of the contract is to sell it to a friend or have the new homeowners take over our contract. Otherwise we will have to continue paying the bill. Which the house has been sold and no one wants the system. It is not our fault they do not have service up north! It is not our fault my husband is sick and we have to move!

I am very organized and keep all my paperwork in files in a filing cabinet. I pulled the documents for CGS. The contract was not signed. It was the handwritten one the tech left with white (original he took) and pink and yellow copies left for us (carbon copies). Nothing was signed! The only other piece of paper I have is the "parts list" that my husband signed. So my husband calls to ask for a copy of the contract. I received it via email and in the mail. Wow! His signature and Initials were electronically stamped all over this contract. We never signed these papers or anything on an electronic device. Every signature on this paper is enclosed in a half box type deal and is exactly identical! Which is very obvious they copied it! I don't know where they got it but it's all over this piece of paper! They digitally copied it to the contract.

Yesterday a man showed up who is LOCAL (CGS is not local) wanting to buy out our CGS contract and start with him on a 2 year contract but since we are moving we declined. We have also contacted BBB (Better Business Bureau) and a lawyer. T-Mobile waived my contract years ago when I moved because they didn't service that area. But CGS says I will have to continue to pay their bill if I move??? This company is out for your money and not your well being!

Central Security Group Company Information