1.50/5
  • 1 star
Based on 100 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Need a home alarm?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 27, 2017

102 Central Security Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The fine print is actually there and it covers an entire page. I just assumed that a security company would have my best interest in mind so I trusted them. BIG MISTAKE. Long term contract - if cancelled early means that you have to pay for all remaining months plus $250 (and any other fees they think you are responsible for). If you don't give them an early termination letter within their time frame, they will automatically sign you up for a new contract!! I bought a SimpliSafe Security system up front and installed it myself. Now I have no long term contract and they monitor for $14.99 per month. Be careful with companies like Central Security because they appear to only be in it for themselves - the greedy **.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I would not recommend Central Security Group to any friends or family members. If you're interested in a security system, make sure you choose a company that does not force you into a contract or a renewal of a contract. I've been a Central Security Group customer for over 3+ years and recently had to relocate to San Antonio for a job opportunity. I called to cancel my services and was transferred to the Office of the CEO. The representative made it seem like everything would be taken care of; I would just need to provide my home's new contact information. After being reassured, I continued to get billed on my credit card. I called back and they said I would be forced to pay for 20+ months of services, even though I don't live at the home anymore. I asked if I could transfer my services (what most other utilities do) and they stated I would have to start a whole new contract if I wanted to use their services - meaning I'd have two contracts with them.

Loyalty to this company means nothing. Again, a customer for over 3+ years and now they're treating my terribly. I just received a call from another representative and he stated, "this is why we record all of our phone conversations" so they can cover their bases. He was unable to respond when I asked him why I was told by the representative "that everything would be taken care of". I learned my lesson with this company; I should have done more research online in finding a security monitoring company with good customer service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I am currently in my 13 months into my 2 year contract with Central Security Group. 6 months into this agreement I sold my home and moved in with family. Why? My home was being built. I contacted Royal Security that was the authorized retailer for this business and advised of the move. Also spoke with Central Security Group and advised of the move and was advised I could not freeze the account while awaiting the move, fine couldn't really complain since I was aware I was in contract with the company so I continued to pay the $52.99 a month for equipment that is sitting in a box in a garage. I spoke with the company that originally sold me the equipment and they advised me they would reinstall my system free of charge. Just to call them and let them know when I'm ready to move. They were advised as to the date of the new home completion and agreed to "waive" the fee for installation.

Now fast forward 7 months of which I have continued to pay monthly for service I am not using. I call these companies and am advised since I am in my second year of my contract (1 month into second year) the fee to install the alarm system I am still under contract for is $275.00 or they can waive the fee if I agree to sign a new three year contract or cancel my service for $650.00. If I am unhappy with this service as it is this company has the bright idea of remedying the situation by allowing me to continue to be their customer for 3 additional years. NO that is not going to be acceptable. Who in their right mind would agree to something like this. Not to mention the system I did have was horrible and did not work properly while I had it installed. Now I am forced to find a new alarm company for my new home, pay that payment while I continue to pay the remainder of these 11 months left in my contract.

I would never recommend this company to anyone currently searching for alarm service. Also I would recommend people read these reviews because they all appear to be true. How can so many people have similar experiences, if I had done my homework I would have never chosen this company for the security of my home and family. This is truly a company focused on making money at any cost and does not care about customer service. This company will lose a customer that would have been a customer for years.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

We had an ADT alarm service in 2014. CGS showed up at our door and convinced us that ADT wasn't a legitimate company. We had just moved here and the cops (5-10 cars each time) were always across the street at a neighbor's house. There was constant traffic of different people going in and out of the house, someone was always fighting or yelling all hours of the nights. Most were on bicycles. My husband went to work in Phoenix at 3:00 AM so with the constant police activity I felt more secure having an alarm system. It has been 1 year and 8 months since we switched. We got the phone app and I was always getting messages about the front door had an error, etc. However, I was looking at the door as I left and deadbolted it. So I knew there wasn't a problem!

My husband was diagnosed with a liver disease 2 months ago. I called CGS asking what needs to be done because we have to move back north to live with my son, due to my husband's disease. She told me we were in a 3 year contract (which no one told us about). She said the only way we can get out of the contract is to sell it to a friend or have the new homeowners take over our contract. Otherwise we will have to continue paying the bill. Which the house has been sold and no one wants the system. It is not our fault they do not have service up north! It is not our fault my husband is sick and we have to move!

I am very organized and keep all my paperwork in files in a filing cabinet. I pulled the documents for CGS. The contract was not signed. It was the handwritten one the tech left with white (original he took) and pink and yellow copies left for us (carbon copies). Nothing was signed! The only other piece of paper I have is the "parts list" that my husband signed. So my husband calls to ask for a copy of the contract. I received it via email and in the mail. Wow! His signature and Initials were electronically stamped all over this contract. We never signed these papers or anything on an electronic device. Every signature on this paper is enclosed in a half box type deal and is exactly identical! Which is very obvious they copied it! I don't know where they got it but it's all over this piece of paper! They digitally copied it to the contract.

Yesterday a man showed up who is LOCAL (CGS is not local) wanting to buy out our CGS contract and start with him on a 2 year contract but since we are moving we declined. We have also contacted BBB (Better Business Bureau) and a lawyer. T-Mobile waived my contract years ago when I moved because they didn't service that area. But CGS says I will have to continue to pay their bill if I move??? This company is out for your money and not your well being!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

This is my second year trying to cancel the contract with CENTRAL SECURITY GROUP, but they replay. The contract is auto renewable, so they don't let me cancel the contract. I suppose to fill out some forms that I don't know how to find it. They promised to email it to me, it's never happen, so they still getting my money from my credit card. Be aware of this company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Central Security Group ?

Original review: July 31, 2017

DO NOT do business with Central Security Group, you will regret it! It will cost you time and money. I signed a contract with a small company, Smith Monitoring, in 2012. My contract term was 3 years of service, afterwards you owned the alarm equipment. Sounds fair enough, 3 Years = 2015. Since the deal was inked, Central Security Group overtook Smith Monitoring and handles their accounts as their own. Instead of proceeding at a reasonable month to month service when your contract ends they automatically renew you at a year to year basis - so you can never leave. After months of giving their technicians an opportunity to repair a system (late 2016) they can't maintain, you get frustrated and stressed.

Constant false alarms, system going off in the middle of the night, Central Security can tell there are problems with your system from their homebase, yet have no intent of notifying you or repairing the system. This would cost them resources. Their main objective is your monthly payment rolling in consistently. You call, you take off work, you let repair guys into your home - no one understands how to get your system working correctly. You decide you've given them ample opportunities to make things right. It's time to cancel the service and take your business elsewhere. This is where the stress doubles. They refuse to take a 'verbal' cancellation via phone. They mention you have months on your contract left to honor - you never signed a renewal contract???

You have to snail mail or email a cancellation form. Fear not, they will deny ever receiving the letter and form of cancellation you sent. They will also not acknowledge your emailed version of the same cancellation form. This is a pattern clearly seen in all internet review sections... Months go by, you are still denied any notification of cancellation. You are still 'locked' into some contract that doesn't exist - no one can automatically renew you into yearly contracts without written notification or consent. Now they want months of balances paid, for a service you don't use and clearly don't want. What a nightmare. What a scam. What a waste of your time and resources.

Read other reviews, this is clearly a business model for Central Security Group. Trick homeowners into signing a contract that gives them fine print power and refusal of your cancellation. Continue to pull in revenue from unsatisfied customers to prop up a failing business. I hope this review helps other homeowners from getting locked into any type of agreement with this company. You've been warned.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I normally don't leave bad reviews and will give companies the benefit of the doubt, but I cannot explain the stress this company has caused me. My grandmother passed away in April and because my mother and father were having health issues of their own at the time, I became the administrator of my grandmother's estate. I have been trying to get the system canceled since her passing and I have been constantly thrown into an endless loop. When I first notified them, they explained they could not do anything until they sent out an empathy letter. I received the letter and sent in the required documents. I did not receive any contact from them except a system generated email stating they received my email. I waited. Nothing.

One day I get an email telling me they tried contacting me but had been unsuccessful. I did not receive ANYTHING. I call to speak with someone about my contact information they had on file. They had all of the correct information. They were trying to transfer me to the department that handles estates but they said they were "busy" and would send them my information to call me within the hour. Never received a call. I call them back and I'm told the same thing. They're "busy." This is the only company I am still having to deal with. I lost my grandmother in April and my mother at the beginning of June. Out of handling both estates, this company is the last one I'm trying to get taken care of... but they are making it impossible. I highly recommend to avoid Central Security because their customer service is horrendous.

Original review: July 11, 2017

My contracting was coming for renewal. We negotiated a new price. They mailed me the paperwork which I filled out and mailed back. Not once did they tell me they didn't get it. (They called shortly after mailing it to verify I got it in which I told him I was filling it out and mailing it back that weekend.) June comes normal payment. I let it go thinking the billing had to catch up. July same bill. I call on Friday. Was told they were busy and they don't call me back until Tuesday. I told them due to the customer service to cancel my service. First she says the contract says automatic renewal for 2 months. I explained I paid June and July. Cancel then she says she can't. Puts me on hold and comes back telling me I need to buy back the service. Buy back??? Why. My contract is up. I had to hang up because I had to get back to work but now I guess I have to get an attorney to stop them.

Original review: June 21, 2017

About three months ago, my bf assaulted in me in my home. He also blocked all the doors and kept me and my son locked inside. He destroyed most of the house, and also ripped the security system from the wall and through it THROUGH a bedroom door. My phone was destroyed and his number had changed so the security system company was obviously unable to get a hold of us... yet, NO police were dispatched and I was left with NO ONE to help me or my son. We were trapped for hours and NO ONE came! Why pay for a security system that doesn't work??!!

Original review: June 20, 2017

I have now been with CSG (original contractual agreement with Smith) for over 1 year. During the time the customer service has been extremely poor. I never received some of the equipment promised to me. Some equipment doesn't work properly. Response times are horrific, which makes me feel extremely insecure and exposed. Be aware... I do not recommend.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I do not understand why an appointment is changed without ANY notification the homeowner!!! I do not understand how you call an "ASAP Service" taking 1.5 hours to call the homeowner and another 1 hour to get to the house!!! This "SECURITY" company simply amazes me at how a customer is treated and we trust you and your company with my life and lives of my family!!!

I had an appointment for 06/10/17, 8-5 NO WINDOW. Got to be home ALL day!!! Called and rescheduled for 06/15, 5-7pm. At 7:02 called to find out the appointment was changed to 06/20. NO NOTIFICATION WAS MADE THAT THE CHANGE HAPPENED!!! REALLY!!! To try and appease me, we will send the tech on call for an "ASAP" call. Tech calls at 8:45 pm to say another hour!!! You have got to be kidding!!! I am pissed and fed up!!! You do not want me to call in after sending the email!! You have a supervisor call me ASAP to rectify this as I am satisfied!!!

Original review: June 14, 2017

This company is just out to get your money. I have already contacted BBB in regards to this company and contacted an attorney. Since day one they gave us issues, promising us they're going to give us certain things such as camera motion sensor, remote control. To them saying they never said any of that and saying motion sensor was not recommended because of our two dogs when it was specifically clarified when they came knocking on our door that we have two small dogs. When I tried to cancel on the 3rd day they gave us such a hard time stating I would still have to pay over $200 for equipment to be removed when it does not say anything in the contract. To speaking to so-called managers and they laugh while you're on the phone? I mean that is very unprofessional and by the looks of it this company already has so many complaints and wonder why they are still up and running. People don't waste your money and time with them!

Original review: June 8, 2017

I am very disappointed with this so called security system. They are very misleading and gave false information. We had a salesman come knocking on my door promising me 8 sensors, cameras, wireless remote control and stated there would be no problem with having a motion sensor inside the home because I had two small dogs under 80 lbs.

When technician came to install he only installed 7 sensors due to the fact that he was short one. He did not install the motion sensor in the living room because he stated Alarm would be constantly going off because of the dogs and it would be a big problem. The cameras were not installed because apparently it was an extra cost when that's what I agreed with the vendor that came and wireless remote control was not in order form per technician.

Well I of course followed up with CSG group and they stated the cameras were not part of the plan we had discussed (when we clearly did!), then the issue with my dogs was that they are not 80 pounds each but together they are over 80 lbs. Mind you I have a chihuahua and a small Shih tzu. Wireless remote control was not given because it was only for elderly people and I would have to pay an extra fee for that. This was barely the 2nd day of having this system and I was very unhappy.

And so on the third day as I was told by the salesman and per the contract we signed that I can cancel with NO COST within the following 3 days of signing contract. So I called at 7 pm on a Friday Since I was told they close until 10 and had no luck getting through to them. Left message same day w/ technical support and lady said to fax contract with date and just to follow up with call on Monday. I did and they said they received it but will charge me a little over 200 dollars to take out equipment if not over $1000 to keep it. I talked to a so called manager and she laughed when I told her I was upset and did NOTHING to help or explain why I was being charged $200 when it did not say anything in contract and was never told this info. Very unhappy! People do not get this security system! They are just after your money and well the rest of the reviews on them should speak for themselves.

Resolution response: June 22, 2017

CSG contacted me and has fixed the issue in a very timely manner.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Central security group is nothing but con artists and thieves. Deceptive practices and sketchy contracts. If you value your money whatsoever please do not get in bed with this company, and recommend anyone who is looking for an alarm system provider to stay away as well. I can't say anything that hasn't already been stated in the numerous 1 star reviews below. Shortly after my 3 year contract ended I ended up having to move out of my house into an apartment, the complex won't allow security systems (obviously) so I called to cancel my service. I was told that I automatically enrolled for a 1 year contract and would not be allowed out without paying a 475$ cancellation fee. DO NOT USE CSG.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Stay away from this company! We have been a customer for 3 years and are now currently in the process of moving. We are moving into an apartment where this service is NOT able to be continued at. Our contract expired in February, but CSG took it upon themselves to auto renew our contract WITHOUT our consent or knowledge of this. Because we are moving and can not continue this service, we called to cancel service only to find out we can NOT get out of contract that we DID NOT AGREE TO, without paying the cancellation buyout fee of $350+. CSG customer service and management showed no concern of this issue and will not budge on this matter. This is a scam of a company and they will rip you off. There are many, many other alarm companies out there we advise you to go to!!

Original review: May 15, 2017

This company is the worst. They will not let you cancel. They will not let you pay off the contract and be done with it, the disconnect request must be used and it must be the hard copy, per the customer service representative I talked to. Hence, they have basically been paid for doing nothing for over 2 years. You can do better buying a light that turns on and off different times of the day, it would have been a deterrent and more honest. HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE, worst company I have ever encountered in my life.

Original review: May 1, 2017

THIS IS A TERRIBLE COMPANY! My father-in-law died in Oct. 2016. I have been trying to cancel service. They told me to send a letter, death certificate and all necessary paperwork, which I did. Today I received a bill for each month of last year. When I called I was told the account was cancelled but they would still keep billing because it was under contract. But not to worry because it only bills "his estate". Well, we are his estate now. I asked to talk to a supervisor who confirmed they will keep billing because he had a contract with them in March 2016 for 2 years. I told her that I was pretty sure that contracts end when people die. But she said no. She said she doesn't care who I complain to, and if it is the BBB, the company's A+ rating will remain unchanged. My recommendation is to not use this company!

Original review: March 17, 2017

I had the same problem as many of the people in the forum with Central Security gGroup. I wish I had read reviews before I bought the service from them. I signed a 36 month contract in January 2017 and my contract expired in January 2017. I called them in March to cancel my service. They said I will have to pay for 10 more months of service because of automatic renewal clause.

I asked the copy of the agreement and they promptly sent it. There is a mention of the automatic renewal of the contract. But the clause is not described anywhere in the agreement. According to my lawyer the contract is void if the clause is not clearly described. I am going after them. I recommend everybody who had similar problems with this company to get a legal opinion on their contracts. Looks like there are many victims of this CSG's dubious ways of doing business.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I am in the middle of a 3 year contract and I've moved an hour outside of the St. Louis Metropolitan area and when I called to switch service to my new address I was told that they do not provide service at my new location but that I am legally bound to services for the next 2 years!! Oh but they said they would cut me a "deal" and meet me halfway at 740 dollars! Ridiculous if you ask me! So much for what I was told about the company having service "virtually everywhere" they also aren't afraid of the BBB and stated they will look at the fact that they "tried to settle" with me.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

We used Guardian Security Systems, Inc. for our home security service from October 20, 2007 until we moved to a new state in December 2016 due to a job change. In August of 2016, we had signed an Alarm Agreement Addendum extending the terms of our original 2007 contract for 36 months. We thought this meant that we could still terminate with 30 days if needed and no one told us differently. We unexpectedly had to move due to a job change in December 2016 and gave 30 days notice of the cancellation in writing. We heard nothing back until we were billed for January 2017.

When I called to inquire about the charge, I was informed that because we signed an addendum rather than a renewal we will have to pay $35.89 every month until July 2019 (nearly $1200.00!!!) despite the fact that we used and paid for their services on a monthly basis for NINE YEARS prior. This is how the Company treats long term customers, RUN RUN RUN!!! Don't sign a contract and certainly don't renew or sign an addendum.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Their service is excellent and customer service is above par, but their cancellation clause which I found out when I was thinking about getting a better deal is unfair. Looked at my contract and it was there in small print easy to miss. I think ADT does the same thing. They know people are busy and will always call pass the 30 day cut off period which is wrong. Maybe somebody lost their job or moved, anything can happen life happens. Their 30 day clause is wrong in so many ways.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I have been with this company 3yrs. Every year I try to go month to month but they always renew my contract. They never upgrade my system, but always renew my contract. They company that charge less than what I am paying with more advance technology. I would like this company to give a month to month as I have requested on multiple occasions.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

My complaint is just like everyone else's. In my case, I left a building being monitored by CSG in June of 2016. We called in June and September to cancel. They said it was an automatic renewal and that they would need in writing one month before it automatically renews. This is unethical and slight handed. I cannot for the life of me believe that there is not a class action against this company. I see all the complaints on this and other and wonder how these people keep their BBB rating at an A (seems crooked to me) and that there is not a class action against their business. I own a business. It puzzles me how the owner or officers sleep at night. They must make a ton of money extorting people to buy out their conscious.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I signed up for Central Security Group in December 2012. The salesperson did not explain to me that I needed to terminate services exactly 90 days before the 3-year anniversary. I assumed that this was a normal company where one simply gives written notice after the required 3-year contract. In May 2016, after ensuring that I had completed 3 years, I sent two (2) letters to the main office and the billing address, notifying the company that I would no longer require their services. I also requested them to stop withdrawing funds from my bank account.

The funds withdrawal stopped after about a month or so, but then I started receiving invoices. I called and spoke to their billing department and was notified that since I did not call to cancel services around September 2015, giving 90 days notice, I had automatically been entered into an additional one year contract!! Why one (1) year, not month to month or something similar, I cannot tell. Therefore, I would have to pay the outstanding amount from the date they stopped withdrawing funds from my account, until December 2016! The company's automatic one-year renewal would be similar to telling a tenant that failed to give the required notice, but who did not sign a new tenancy agreement, that they had automatically been enrolled into another complete YEAR, and were obligated to continue paying rent for the new year!! No other company has such deceptive practices.

Most companies do not hide shady clauses (such as automatic one-year extensions) within all the paperwork that one signs at the initial contract signing. Not cable companies, not magazine subscriptions, not utility companies... The representatives at the billing department are impolite and keep repeating that "You signed the automatic renewal clause and if you want, we can forward to you a copy of this, just to remind you that you owe for the entire year!!"

Here is a reproduction of the clause: "THE MONITORING TERMS I am signing a ___ (3) year monitoring agreement with Central Security Group-Nationwide, Inc. (CSG). There is an automatic renewal clause, which may be canceled with notice. I am responsible for the payments described in the monitoring agreement. I am the owner of the home or business described in the monitoring agreement. I understand that Central Security Group-Nationwide, Inc. is not an insurer and that the agreement limits CSG liability."

In short, sentence that is BURIED on the top of the second page of the Alarm Monitoring Agreement, where the sales person (not the customer) inserts the number of years of monitoring, is the clause notifying a customer of the automatic renewal. No details as to "how to go about canceling this renewal are provided, nor the fact that the automatic renewal is for a complete 12 months!!! IT WOULD BE MORE HELPFUL IF THIS SENTENCE WAS PLACED RIGHT next to the customer's signature!!

I would not recommend this company to ANYBODY based solely on their deceptive practices of auto-renewing their contracts for one full year. I paid for half a year after my obligatory 3-year period and I am still required to pay for the remaining 6 months. The company did not have the courtesy of notifying me of this strange clause at the time that I sent them written notice that I was canceling services and stopping the automatic bank withdrawal, yet they have my email, telephone, and address contact information. I will therefore be forced to continue paying Central Security Group for the remainder of the year, while at the same time paying the new company that I signed up with. This is an unfair and terrible way to conduct business.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

We signed on with Central Security Group because the sales man had sold systems to many of my family members. He explained to us that he was in the process of transferring all his customers (including my family members) over from Monitronics to Central Security Group because they were supposed to be better. We got the system installed in August 2014 when we moved into the new house we purchased. We had an idea a few months in this company was crap. We didn't know our neighbors yet. One day I came home from work to a note on my door from my neighbors saying backyard flooding. Apparently one of the sections of automatic sprinklers did not go off and had flooded a section of our backyard and was overflowing into our neighbors' backyard.

My husband went to go talk to the neighbors to make sure the water didn't damage anything. They notified him that they had called the number on the security signs to notify them and ask them to call us. We had received no call. About 3 days later we received a from CSG notifying us of the call our neighbors made. I was like "Yeah. Thanks that was a few days ago." I'm glad it wasn't something serious. I knew around August 2016 my contract should be up because it was a 2 year contract. I was at AT&T looking into their security system. I called to make sure my contract was up and was told it was not up 'til August 2017. I said "How is that I had a 2 year contract and it's been about 2 years." I said I know we haven't signed another contract. I never even heard from the sales guy since. She said she had to transfer me to someone else.

I spoke to someone else and they informed me that there is a clause in the contract that states that you have to cancel your service 30 days prior to the end of the contract or the contract will automatically renew. That does not even sound legal. I just happened to be with my sister and grandparents who also have CSG. They knew nothing about that either. My sister said she just knew about the letter but only because the guy asked her to write a letter when he switched her over from Monitronics to CSG but not about the 30 days. I said "What if I cancel anyway." He told me I would have to pay a $450 cancellation fee. I asked for a copy of my contract and something in writing stating the fee. He told me he can email me the contract but not a letter regarding the cancellation fee. He said I would need to request a final bill after the cancellation.

I said "Why do I need to request a bill? If I owe the money shouldn't you automatically bill me for it?" He said no I had to request it. I don't understand that. I don't know if it's just another way to get over on its customers by adding fees or what. He asked why we were cancelling and I told him we were not happy with the service and was being offered a better package elsewhere. I told him about what happened with the sprinkler incident and he apologized. He also told me they price matched. I told him with AT&T they are offering me 9 sensors, an outdoor camera and a push button door lock for my front door all for pretty much the same price I pay you guys for and all I have are 3 motion sensors. All he said was "OH". We then talked to the manager and still got nowhere.

After reading all these complaints on here I see the problem is much larger than I thought and would give them negative stars if possible. They are so shady and because my family members had no idea about the 30 day letter for cancellation I know it's not just something I missed. I will be posting this also on social media and Yelp. Go with a better company not a bunch of crooks trying to get over on you.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

We had decided on using CSG when a door to door salesman came to our door. We were happy with them for a little over 2 years until we sold our home and moved into a new one. A guy came to our door and we filled out all the paperwork to move our system and set up a new contract with them at the end of August. We had a tech come to our new house and set up the new system in it at the beginning of September... The only issue here was that he promised to be at our house in the morning and didn't show up until late afternoon.

Fast forward about a week and we get a call one night that the alarm at our old address was going off and they wanted to know if everything was ok. We explained that we no longer lived there and had filled out all the paperwork to move and cancel the service at the old house. We spoke to everyone all the way up to the CEO's office and they couldn't find any paperwork saying we were cancelling and would be billed for the 2 addresses. In the meantime we got a call from our realtor asking for our code because the buyers of the old house couldn't get the alarm to shut off. My husband goes to find all the paperwork and there it all is saying that we were moving and cancelling and all the stuff that was supposed to be happening.

He calls right back to let them know he has it and the tech's name that came to our house and it just happens to be 9:01 and no one is there anymore even though my husband was promised an email right away with a new cancellation letter. He tried to tell the lady on the phone that he just spoke with them 2 minutes ago and she kept telling him "Sir, no one is in the office anymore." This company is ridiculous when it comes to keeping track of anything or just really lacks training in the lower levels. We are beyond fed up after tonight and find it ridiculous that we have to pay anything extra when we did everything right on our end. We should not be punished because they lost paperwork.

Resolution response: Sept. 7, 2016

I was contacted by CSG customer representative and he was extremely helpful. My problem was resolved to my satisfaction.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

I signed a contract with Central Security Group on July 12, 2013 for security monitoring for a 3 year period. On September 2, 2016 I called them to cancel my service and they advised me that my contract had an automatic renewal of an entire year so I had 10 months left of my contract. On their contract it states NO SECRETS. This is not true because it does not outline what automatic renewal means. There is also no contact, i.e. email, mail or phone call, letting you know that your contract is being automatically renewed. I believe this is bad business and have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Resolution response: Aug. 30, 2016

CSG and the installers were able to come to a resolution with me that was satisfactory for all parties.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

A sales rep sold me on a different company then came back to have me fix some paperwork, and I ended up with 2 monitoring companies. After getting the initial company to drop my account, since their link to me had been cut off and they hadn't noticed, I was with Central Security for a year and half or so. Call to disconnect service since I'm moving, and come to find out that shady second contract was for 5 years with no cancellation option! When talking to their customer service, all the way up to the CEO's office, their only concern was if their contract could be enforced. Never mind the integrity of their tactics getting into my home.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

Since the day they installed the equipment the security system never worked properly. The installer could not get the cameras to work all but one of the three. He actually put one camera on the floor and the other one in front of my TV facing the viewers. We cancelled the next day. Sent them the cancellation notice and we called to verify that they received it. We sent it FedEx and we have our receipts that they received the cancellation notice on Day 3. We even have a fax verification number that they received it. We spent over $50.00 just making sure they received the cancellation form. I called and they said it takes the system 30 days for them to cancel.

Even after all this and talking with countless people from this company, they still charged my account. I went to the bank and they are going to charge back this money and stop them from continue doing so. Just take the cancellation contract and show them you cancelled. Some agency should investigate this company and I will not stop until I see them shut down. They don't have an order number on any of my paperwork or on the contract.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I called to inquire about cancelling the service as I am moving. I was told I would have to pay for 12 more months. I asked the representative if my system was monitored locally as was told to me when I signed up and he refused to answer my question, telling me that it was irrelevant and I was not getting out of the contract. After I continued to press him he finally admitted that the monitoring was in Oklahoma and hung up on me. I would give this company negative stars if possible and never use or recommend them to anyone, especially the new buyers of my house. I have set the alarm off accidentally twice but did not get a call from them so I am assuming they are not monitoring my system and just in the business of collecting the monthly billing.

Central Security Group Company Information