1.50/5
Based on 117 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a home alarm?

119 Central Security Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

So according to Central Security Group, renters aren't allowed to have service. This is coming right from them. When I initially signed up the sales rep came to my home and had me sign an electronic contract which I never received a copy of. I informed him I was renting my home and it didn't seem to be a problem. I just called today because I am in the process of moving to another home, renting still.

I was told I shouldn't have been offered service since I wasn't the homeowner and my options are. 1. Have the new landlord take over services. 2. Have the new tenant take over services. 3. Pay for a service I am unable to use for the remainder of the contract. 4. Pay off the contract because of false information I was given. WOW! Horrible customer service especially for a system I have had numerous technicians come out for over the span of 18 months. Next stop, my attorney's office. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced this all because the sales rep wanted to make a quick commission. I fully intend to file a lawsuit. Thanks Central Security Group!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

On 8/2015 contracted with CSG for a 3 year home security monitoring system. 8/2018 My family and I were vacating at the house. The alarm keyboard was beeping when I received a call from CSG Monitoring Station. A test was performed on the system. I was told no signal was received on CSG end and a technician would be sent. Upon the technician's tests he said the motherboard is outdated and CSG has not received a signal from my unit since 2/2018. I contacted CSG cancelling my contract and told them I wanted a refund from 2/2018. CSG claims they tried to reach me via my cell number to no avail. They had our email and home address, but no notification for seven (7) months that our security system was not working, which we paid $35.66 per month for. WARNING: DO NOT CONTRACT WITH CENTRAL SECURITY GROUP.

Central Security Group response

I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience, John. I would be happy to assist you with this, but need more information to locate your account.

If you could please send the phone # on your account through private response or via email at CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com, I will look into this, and a member of management will reach out to you.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: July 29, 2018

Our alarms wouldn't work the first time this company attempted to install our system. The second time, once they "fixed it" the alarm would go off randomly. We could never leave it alone for more than 24 hours. I had taken the day off to be home hoping they would finally fix it after a third attempt. The technician never even showed. Alarms continued and the police took over 2 hours to show (we were gone) because it was a boy called wolf situation. We don't feel safe setting our alarm. We're just wanting to walk away but between central security's fines to break contract, along with fine of the cities, it leaves us in a tight bond. Please consider this. Too many security companies out there to go with this one.

Good afternoon Derek,

I'm sorry your experience has been a negative one. I would love the opportunity to assist you with this, but to do so will need some more information so I can locate your account.

Please send the phone # on your account via private message or email to CSGCares@CentralSecurityGroup.com, and a member of management will reach out to you to discuss.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: July 23, 2018

Like several other reviewers, I have had difficulty terminating my service with Central Security Group. After my 3-year commitment was complete, I notified them by phone that I wished to terminate service. I was informed that this notice had to be in writing, so I followed up by email on June 6, and received a confirmation that my notification had been received on June 7. Then in late-June my account was debited for an additional (full) month. And in late-July, I received another bill for the full month of July. This company seems very service-oriented until you sign a contract, but then they seem intent on getting every last dollar from the customer, even when the contract is fulfilled and the service is no longer desired.

Good morning, Terry.

We would love the opportunity to assist you with this, but to do so will need more information to locate your account. Please direct message the phone # on your account to us, or email your account information to CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com, and a member of management will be happy to look into this situation further.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: July 19, 2018

I had signed a contract about two years ago with this firm. No one said during that initial contact anything about paying all 3 years if you need to cancel (I assumed it's like any other service, a fixed fee with a common sense value + maybe another month). Maybe it is in some hidden form somewhere since they give you 1000 pages you only see when they install the equipment (how can you have time to read all that stuff).

I called today and asked to cancel in 2 months from now since I will sell the house and have to relocate with my job, but it seems somehow I have to pay for 1 year and send them mails or faxes with a request of cancellation... Really? Can't you just do it over the phone? This is 21st Century people!!! Stay away guys, this is the biggest scam in history of contracts. Who in the right mind allows these scammers to get away with this? Where is consumer protection? I guess is a free for all... And guess who's the prey? Me & You reading this.

Good morning,

I’m sorry your experience has been a negative one. We would like to discuss this with you further. Please private message or email CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com the phone # on your account, and a member of management will be in touch shortly.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Central Security Group ?

Original review: June 27, 2018

My elderly father used Central Security Group to monitor his home. When he passed away, I inherited his home. Once I did, since we no longer under contract, I called Central Security Group to discontinue the service. The lady on the phone said I needed to send an email to the company, which I did. A few days later, I received a letter of condolences stating I needed to send a letter that I was terminating service along with the death certificate. I immediately did so. After three weeks, no response from the security company. Again, I emailed the company. Nothing. I am still being billed. All I can say is STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Very disgraceful way to run a business. Believe the bad reviews about this company!

Central Security Group response

Thank you so much for reaching out to us Pat. I'm happy we were able to address this issue and get it resolved for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out again should you need any assistance in the future.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: June 26, 2018

I had a three year contract with CSG. I found a better deal with another company, so when my 3 years were up I switched. I had written CSG (email) and told them not to take money out of my account anymore (on May 8, 2018); I would write them a check. Lo and behold, CSG took money out of my account 10 days later (I had to call the bank and offer them proof and I had terminated bank withdrawal). Their service was $44.98/mos. I had paid them $12.00 for the services I used in May (1st-8th). In June, I gets this bill for them of $44.98 for May and $44.98 for June and $20.00 for a Stopped Payment ($10 a piece). I called them up and said where was my $12.00 credit? They had listed "Lockbox" for my $12.00 payment! I in the heck is a "Lockbox!" They said I would be getting another bill! For what! August 2018! Another "Lockbox!" I satisfied my 3 year contract with them. I'm not given the blowhard company any more of my money!

Good morning Arthur,

I am sorry you've had such a frustrating experience. Could you please send the phone # on your account through private message or email to CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com, and someone will reach out to you to discuss this.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Edit: Thank you for reaching out to us Arthur. I'm happy we were able to get this issue resolved for you. Let us know should you need assistance in the future.

Best, CSG Team

Original review: June 14, 2018

The original installer, Clear Blue, failed to verify communication between the four smoke detectors that were part of the installation and the main panel. When a low battery in one of the smoke detectors triggered an audible alert, I discovered that there was no indication visible at the panel, a crucial part of a wireless system. I notified Central Security and they verified the original installer's error, sent out a technician, and today I have 4 new detectors that DO communicate with the panel. The technician, Eric **, was a consummate professional throughout this discovery and remediation process. Personally, I am very pleased with Central Security at this point in my security experience.

Good morning Keith,

Thank you for your lovely review. We're so thankful Eric was able to assist you with your recent service issues. We're happy you're a part of the CSG Family. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us in the future should you need further assistance.

CSG Team

Original review: June 1, 2018

After reading the other reviews on this and other websites, all I can say is that at least we're not alone in dealing with this terrible company. We've not only been forced to use them in our new home due to their contract terms and shady cancellation fees, but we've have NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS since we've signed the contract in our new home. I don't want to re-write whats already been written, so all you have to do is read what others have said, and we've likely experienced most of the same problems described too.

Good afternoon N,

We're happy we were able to get your issues resolved. Please don't hesitate to contact us again should any further issues arise.

Sincerely,

CSG Team

Original review: May 10, 2018

Due to health and personal reasons we sold our home in Austin. After three weeks of calls, and two weeks of no responses, heard today that they would not negotiate the termination of our contract. I tried to move the contract, however they wanted to replace the current system in a brand new home. The buyer of our home tried to set up a contract to use their system, however due to poor customer service refuses to use this company. I would give them 0 stars if possible. Now, first contract with them and they are threatening credit bureaus, etc. STAY AWAY from these guys! I wish we had.

Updated 6/8/18:
    Good morning Randall,
    Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. As we have reached a mutually agreeable resolution, we will consider this matter closed. Please let us know if any future questions arise.

CSG Team

Original review: April 10, 2018

My 85 year old father signed a contract with this company in Nov 2015, when their representatives came to the door and convinced him that their system was better than the one he had. Big mistake. He passed away and it has been very frustrating to deal with these folks. First, I called and asked them to turn it off explaining the situation, he died... We're putting the house on the market, etc. They said that they couldn't do anything for me on the phone because the contract was with my Dad. Their response was to send a nice letter of condolence, telling me that they'd do all they could to help, and requesting that written notice and a death certificate be submitted as proof of death. Understandable. The paperwork was submitted and I never heard anything back, other than a FAX received notice. Meanwhile the bank account was still being billed, so finally I called them again. This time the story changed.

No matter what the cause, the account still has 7 months to run, they're happy to turn it off, but we'll still be charged... unless of course I get whoever buys the house to take over the account and sign a new contract. It's pretty clear that even if Dad had survived the first 3 years, it would have auto renewed and we'd be in the same spot. Paying for services that we're not getting. I read over the contract and it's true that at the very bottom of the second column on the 3rd page of the contract titled "Service and Installation agreement" it says that this contract is binding on your heirs and estate. It's in print about size 6. I'm sure my Dad didn't read it. It's too small for old folks to see. This company may get a good rating by the BBB, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Selling a 3-year, auto renewal contract to elderly folks and making it binding even if they die is just a ripoff.

Good Afternoon Karan,
    Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. As we have reached a mutually agreeable resolution, we will consider this matter closed. Please let us know if any questions or needs arise in the future.
    Kind Regards,

CSG Team

Original review: March 22, 2018

Where do I begin, back in Nov 2017 I was out of contract so I decided to cancel service. I was told to email a cancellation request in Dec 2017 but I would still billed for January 2018. I thought ok whatever. Just bill me. Well I received confirmation via email that service would be terminated and I would no longer be billed. FAST FORWARD March 2nd 2018. I look at my bank statement and noticed I have been billed not only for March but February as well.

I call and was told they couldn't find my email requesting cancellation, my call was transferred to a supervisor who then placed me on hold. Rep comes back on the line and says, "We found your cancellation letter so we will go ahead and send you a refund via US Postal Service". Ok sounds great... NOT. It is now March 21, 2018. I call wanting to know status of refund check and was told they didn't know how I wanted the refund... I was told it would be mailed they said, "No we see the credit. We just need to know how you want it refunded". Anyways this company is HORRIBLE. Customer service is HORRIBLE. I wouldn't recommend not even to my enemy.

Hello Cecelia,
    We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with Central Security Group and we would welcome the opportunity to look into your concerns. Please send us your name and address to CSGCares@centralsecuritygroup.com or call us at 1-888-642-4567. We look forward to hearing from you!
    Sincerely,

CSG Team

Original review: March 15, 2018

I originally purchased this security plan with the understanding from agents (husband and wife) that I was buying into a 3 year contract. After 3 yrs, I was auto enrolled for another 3 yrs without my knowledge. I called and informed them that I did not sign up for auto renewal as I had confirmed with the agents who sold me the contract. I have only been told that it was stated in the contract that I agreed to auto renewal. I have now been contacted by a collections agency. I trusted the agents who represented this company and have been harassed with constant phone calls over the past year and now by a collections agency. Be very careful if you are considering doing business with this company.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

First of all it was an all-day job, excess of 7 hours. It has been since October 31, 2017 and the system still is not fully operational. We received absolutely no training on the system, not even the courtesy of leaving us a Brochure on how to operate the system. We have had so many technicians out to repair the system, they actually leave because they are incapable of repairing the system. They know they left the work incomplete and does not even have the courtesy to notify the company and send someone out to repair what they were unable to repair.

I have spent in excess of 30+ hours calling in the evening and trying to get some assistance to get the darn thing working. This is so annoying, I got this system because my husband is a Hospice patient, a WWII Veteran, and a Documented Original Tuskegee Airman. I want them out of my home. In additional to this non-functional system, they suggested I spend an additional 1,000.00 in excess cost to make it operational. Big joke we are out of the money, a low class system that does not work, and a local Manager who is an absolute **. He sets the standards! Isn't that something that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling. If you have any suggestions on how to get rid of this trashy company, please let me know. They should not be allowed to practice business, not even "Dog Catchers". At least I respect them.

Hi Larry,

We have read your post and are very disappointed to see this as we make every effort to work with our Military Veterans. If you would please direct message us on here with your address and phone number, we'll be happy to have a member of our leadership team reach out to you directly.

Kind Regards,

Jimmy

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I signed a 3 year contract with this company at the start of a new business to provide security. This business failed less than a year in. When I called in for help in dissolving the contract I was told there was no way. So like a good customer I continued to pay the monthly fee. When I reopened this business less than 2 years later I was told this account could not be reopened although I was currently paying my monthly obligation. I still have 3 months left with this company and I am sure the end date will be a hassle but due to this poor business practice to their people I am now into month 8 of 2 new business with a different security company along with my house and no contract by the way. They didn't even offer a percentage payout to cancel the contract and as promised I continued to pay this company every month. Not 1 single month have I missed. Over $2000 worth of business for no service rendered!!! Horrible company to do business with.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. We are disappointed about the problems that you have experienced, but we are pleased the situation was able to be resolved. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

Warm Regards,

Jimmy

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I was a customer up until a week ago - the reason I cancel my contract with them was that back in December I was robbed, assaulted and eventually shot directly where my Vivint cameras were pointing! The one time I really needed the clip of the assault to give to the police and it wasn't there... I do not feel safe with their cameras watching over me! So here comes in Mario and Mike after hearing my story about being shot they literally bent over backwards to help me in every way I can possible - I just hope they keep up the good work.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your testimonial with us! It sounds like you needed a system you could trust and we're glad we were able to provide you with exactly that. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us and we want to welcome you to our CSG Family!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I sold my house and needed to cancel the contract with Central Security Group. I was told they do not do that; that you must pay your contract in full or get the new homeowners to take it over. I had been with them for 4 years prior to this. Central Security Group did NOT install the equipment in the house so they had no expenses to recoup, yet they insisted I could not cancel the contract. When I finally convinced someone to allow me to cancel they gave me a FAX number and said I had to fax my cancellation with certain terms. Now we all know there is no way to verify someone actually saw the fax. All you get is a verification that the fax went through okay. Needless to say they did not cancel the contract and are still hounding me for payments months after I moved. They are not providing any service at all except to hassle me. The system was actually disconnected for a year before I moved and THEY NEVER CALLED! Rip-off artists!

Central Security Group response

Hi Gregory, We are disappointed to see this review as we make every effort to be transparent about our service agreement. Please direct message us at csgcares@centralsecuritygroup.com, we'll have a member of management reach out to you directly. Kind Regards, Jimmy

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The fine print is actually there and it covers an entire page. I just assumed that a security company would have my best interest in mind so I trusted them. BIG MISTAKE. Long term contract - if cancelled early means that you have to pay for all remaining months plus $250 (and any other fees they think you are responsible for). If you don't give them an early termination letter within their time frame, they will automatically sign you up for a new contract!! I bought a SimpliSafe Security system up front and installed it myself. Now I have no long term contract and they monitor for $14.99 per month. Be careful with companies like Central Security because they appear to only be in it for themselves - the greedy **.

Resolution response: Sept. 27, 2017

I encountered an issue with Central Security Group but Dan **, Austin General Manager, of Central Security Group, was able to resolve this. As a customer with Central Security Group for over three years, I would highly recommend them. As mentioned previously, I encountered an issue and amended my previous review because Mr. ** acknowledged the issue and provided a resolution. This is amazing customer service! Thanks again.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I would not recommend Central Security Group to any friends or family members. If you're interested in a security system, make sure you choose a company that does not force you into a contract or a renewal of a contract. I've been a Central Security Group customer for over 3+ years and recently had to relocate to San Antonio for a job opportunity. I called to cancel my services and was transferred to the Office of the CEO. The representative made it seem like everything would be taken care of; I would just need to provide my home's new contact information. After being reassured, I continued to get billed on my credit card. I called back and they said I would be forced to pay for 20+ months of services, even though I don't live at the home anymore. I asked if I could transfer my services (what most other utilities do) and they stated I would have to start a whole new contract if I wanted to use their services - meaning I'd have two contracts with them.

Loyalty to this company means nothing. Again, a customer for over 3+ years and now they're treating my terribly. I just received a call from another representative and he stated, "this is why we record all of our phone conversations" so they can cover their bases. He was unable to respond when I asked him why I was told by the representative "that everything would be taken care of". I learned my lesson with this company; I should have done more research online in finding a security monitoring company with good customer service.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I am currently in my 13 months into my 2 year contract with Central Security Group. 6 months into this agreement I sold my home and moved in with family. Why? My home was being built. I contacted Royal Security that was the authorized retailer for this business and advised of the move. Also spoke with Central Security Group and advised of the move and was advised I could not freeze the account while awaiting the move, fine couldn't really complain since I was aware I was in contract with the company so I continued to pay the $52.99 a month for equipment that is sitting in a box in a garage. I spoke with the company that originally sold me the equipment and they advised me they would reinstall my system free of charge. Just to call them and let them know when I'm ready to move. They were advised as to the date of the new home completion and agreed to "waive" the fee for installation.

Now fast forward 7 months of which I have continued to pay monthly for service I am not using. I call these companies and am advised since I am in my second year of my contract (1 month into second year) the fee to install the alarm system I am still under contract for is $275.00 or they can waive the fee if I agree to sign a new three year contract or cancel my service for $650.00. If I am unhappy with this service as it is this company has the bright idea of remedying the situation by allowing me to continue to be their customer for 3 additional years. NO that is not going to be acceptable. Who in their right mind would agree to something like this. Not to mention the system I did have was horrible and did not work properly while I had it installed. Now I am forced to find a new alarm company for my new home, pay that payment while I continue to pay the remainder of these 11 months left in my contract.

I would never recommend this company to anyone currently searching for alarm service. Also I would recommend people read these reviews because they all appear to be true. How can so many people have similar experiences, if I had done my homework I would have never chosen this company for the security of my home and family. This is truly a company focused on making money at any cost and does not care about customer service. This company will lose a customer that would have been a customer for years.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

We had an ADT alarm service in 2014. CGS showed up at our door and convinced us that ADT wasn't a legitimate company. We had just moved here and the cops (5-10 cars each time) were always across the street at a neighbor's house. There was constant traffic of different people going in and out of the house, someone was always fighting or yelling all hours of the nights. Most were on bicycles. My husband went to work in Phoenix at 3:00 AM so with the constant police activity I felt more secure having an alarm system. It has been 1 year and 8 months since we switched. We got the phone app and I was always getting messages about the front door had an error, etc. However, I was looking at the door as I left and deadbolted it. So I knew there wasn't a problem!

My husband was diagnosed with a liver disease 2 months ago. I called CGS asking what needs to be done because we have to move back north to live with my son, due to my husband's disease. She told me we were in a 3 year contract (which no one told us about). She said the only way we can get out of the contract is to sell it to a friend or have the new homeowners take over our contract. Otherwise we will have to continue paying the bill. Which the house has been sold and no one wants the system. It is not our fault they do not have service up north! It is not our fault my husband is sick and we have to move!

I am very organized and keep all my paperwork in files in a filing cabinet. I pulled the documents for CGS. The contract was not signed. It was the handwritten one the tech left with white (original he took) and pink and yellow copies left for us (carbon copies). Nothing was signed! The only other piece of paper I have is the "parts list" that my husband signed. So my husband calls to ask for a copy of the contract. I received it via email and in the mail. Wow! His signature and Initials were electronically stamped all over this contract. We never signed these papers or anything on an electronic device. Every signature on this paper is enclosed in a half box type deal and is exactly identical! Which is very obvious they copied it! I don't know where they got it but it's all over this piece of paper! They digitally copied it to the contract.

Yesterday a man showed up who is LOCAL (CGS is not local) wanting to buy out our CGS contract and start with him on a 2 year contract but since we are moving we declined. We have also contacted BBB (Better Business Bureau) and a lawyer. T-Mobile waived my contract years ago when I moved because they didn't service that area. But CGS says I will have to continue to pay their bill if I move??? This company is out for your money and not your well being!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

This is my second year trying to cancel the contract with CENTRAL SECURITY GROUP, but they replay. The contract is auto renewable, so they don't let me cancel the contract. I suppose to fill out some forms that I don't know how to find it. They promised to email it to me, it's never happen, so they still getting my money from my credit card. Be aware of this company!

Original review: July 31, 2017

DO NOT do business with Central Security Group, you will regret it! It will cost you time and money. I signed a contract with a small company, Smith Monitoring, in 2012. My contract term was 3 years of service, afterwards you owned the alarm equipment. Sounds fair enough, 3 Years = 2015. Since the deal was inked, Central Security Group overtook Smith Monitoring and handles their accounts as their own. Instead of proceeding at a reasonable month to month service when your contract ends they automatically renew you at a year to year basis - so you can never leave. After months of giving their technicians an opportunity to repair a system (late 2016) they can't maintain, you get frustrated and stressed.

Constant false alarms, system going off in the middle of the night, Central Security can tell there are problems with your system from their homebase, yet have no intent of notifying you or repairing the system. This would cost them resources. Their main objective is your monthly payment rolling in consistently. You call, you take off work, you let repair guys into your home - no one understands how to get your system working correctly. You decide you've given them ample opportunities to make things right. It's time to cancel the service and take your business elsewhere. This is where the stress doubles. They refuse to take a 'verbal' cancellation via phone. They mention you have months on your contract left to honor - you never signed a renewal contract???

You have to snail mail or email a cancellation form. Fear not, they will deny ever receiving the letter and form of cancellation you sent. They will also not acknowledge your emailed version of the same cancellation form. This is a pattern clearly seen in all internet review sections... Months go by, you are still denied any notification of cancellation. You are still 'locked' into some contract that doesn't exist - no one can automatically renew you into yearly contracts without written notification or consent. Now they want months of balances paid, for a service you don't use and clearly don't want. What a nightmare. What a scam. What a waste of your time and resources.

Read other reviews, this is clearly a business model for Central Security Group. Trick homeowners into signing a contract that gives them fine print power and refusal of your cancellation. Continue to pull in revenue from unsatisfied customers to prop up a failing business. I hope this review helps other homeowners from getting locked into any type of agreement with this company. You've been warned.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I normally don't leave bad reviews and will give companies the benefit of the doubt, but I cannot explain the stress this company has caused me. My grandmother passed away in April and because my mother and father were having health issues of their own at the time, I became the administrator of my grandmother's estate. I have been trying to get the system canceled since her passing and I have been constantly thrown into an endless loop. When I first notified them, they explained they could not do anything until they sent out an empathy letter. I received the letter and sent in the required documents. I did not receive any contact from them except a system generated email stating they received my email. I waited. Nothing.

One day I get an email telling me they tried contacting me but had been unsuccessful. I did not receive ANYTHING. I call to speak with someone about my contact information they had on file. They had all of the correct information. They were trying to transfer me to the department that handles estates but they said they were "busy" and would send them my information to call me within the hour. Never received a call. I call them back and I'm told the same thing. They're "busy." This is the only company I am still having to deal with. I lost my grandmother in April and my mother at the beginning of June. Out of handling both estates, this company is the last one I'm trying to get taken care of... but they are making it impossible. I highly recommend to avoid Central Security because their customer service is horrendous.

Original review: July 11, 2017

My contracting was coming for renewal. We negotiated a new price. They mailed me the paperwork which I filled out and mailed back. Not once did they tell me they didn't get it. (They called shortly after mailing it to verify I got it in which I told him I was filling it out and mailing it back that weekend.) June comes normal payment. I let it go thinking the billing had to catch up. July same bill. I call on Friday. Was told they were busy and they don't call me back until Tuesday. I told them due to the customer service to cancel my service. First she says the contract says automatic renewal for 2 months. I explained I paid June and July. Cancel then she says she can't. Puts me on hold and comes back telling me I need to buy back the service. Buy back??? Why. My contract is up. I had to hang up because I had to get back to work but now I guess I have to get an attorney to stop them.

Original review: June 21, 2017

About three months ago, my bf assaulted in me in my home. He also blocked all the doors and kept me and my son locked inside. He destroyed most of the house, and also ripped the security system from the wall and through it THROUGH a bedroom door. My phone was destroyed and his number had changed so the security system company was obviously unable to get a hold of us... yet, NO police were dispatched and I was left with NO ONE to help me or my son. We were trapped for hours and NO ONE came! Why pay for a security system that doesn't work??!!

Original review: June 20, 2017

I have now been with CSG (original contractual agreement with Smith) for over 1 year. During the time the customer service has been extremely poor. I never received some of the equipment promised to me. Some equipment doesn't work properly. Response times are horrific, which makes me feel extremely insecure and exposed. Be aware... I do not recommend.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I do not understand why an appointment is changed without ANY notification the homeowner!!! I do not understand how you call an "ASAP Service" taking 1.5 hours to call the homeowner and another 1 hour to get to the house!!! This "SECURITY" company simply amazes me at how a customer is treated and we trust you and your company with my life and lives of my family!!!

I had an appointment for 06/10/17, 8-5 NO WINDOW. Got to be home ALL day!!! Called and rescheduled for 06/15, 5-7pm. At 7:02 called to find out the appointment was changed to 06/20. NO NOTIFICATION WAS MADE THAT THE CHANGE HAPPENED!!! REALLY!!! To try and appease me, we will send the tech on call for an "ASAP" call. Tech calls at 8:45 pm to say another hour!!! You have got to be kidding!!! I am pissed and fed up!!! You do not want me to call in after sending the email!! You have a supervisor call me ASAP to rectify this as I am satisfied!!!

Original review: June 14, 2017

This company is just out to get your money. I have already contacted BBB in regards to this company and contacted an attorney. Since day one they gave us issues, promising us they're going to give us certain things such as camera motion sensor, remote control. To them saying they never said any of that and saying motion sensor was not recommended because of our two dogs when it was specifically clarified when they came knocking on our door that we have two small dogs. When I tried to cancel on the 3rd day they gave us such a hard time stating I would still have to pay over $200 for equipment to be removed when it does not say anything in the contract. To speaking to so-called managers and they laugh while you're on the phone? I mean that is very unprofessional and by the looks of it this company already has so many complaints and wonder why they are still up and running. People don't waste your money and time with them!

Original review: June 8, 2017

I am very disappointed with this so called security system. They are very misleading and gave false information. We had a salesman come knocking on my door promising me 8 sensors, cameras, wireless remote control and stated there would be no problem with having a motion sensor inside the home because I had two small dogs under 80 lbs.

When technician came to install he only installed 7 sensors due to the fact that he was short one. He did not install the motion sensor in the living room because he stated Alarm would be constantly going off because of the dogs and it would be a big problem. The cameras were not installed because apparently it was an extra cost when that's what I agreed with the vendor that came and wireless remote control was not in order form per technician.

Well I of course followed up with CSG group and they stated the cameras were not part of the plan we had discussed (when we clearly did!), then the issue with my dogs was that they are not 80 pounds each but together they are over 80 lbs. Mind you I have a chihuahua and a small Shih tzu. Wireless remote control was not given because it was only for elderly people and I would have to pay an extra fee for that. This was barely the 2nd day of having this system and I was very unhappy.

And so on the third day as I was told by the salesman and per the contract we signed that I can cancel with NO COST within the following 3 days of signing contract. So I called at 7 pm on a Friday Since I was told they close until 10 and had no luck getting through to them. Left message same day w/ technical support and lady said to fax contract with date and just to follow up with call on Monday. I did and they said they received it but will charge me a little over 200 dollars to take out equipment if not over $1000 to keep it. I talked to a so called manager and she laughed when I told her I was upset and did NOTHING to help or explain why I was being charged $200 when it did not say anything in contract and was never told this info. Very unhappy! People do not get this security system! They are just after your money and well the rest of the reviews on them should speak for themselves.

Not sure about Central Security Group?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Home Alarm and Security Systems for you.

Central Security Group Company Information

2448 E. 81st St. Ste 4300
    Tulsa
    OK
    918 836 3336
    www.centralsecuritygroup.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business