1.45/5

Need a home alarm?

Need a home alarm?

143 Central Security Group Consumer Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I was a Central Security Customer for 3 years at a different address than now. When I moved, the company Fort Knox telephone on the hour trying to get my account at current address. Once agreed, they were there on the day of move-in trying not to lose the account. It was not until after installation was completed (approx. 5 hours), I was told that the monitoring services would be provided by Central Security. Since I had them before I agreed to proceed. WHAT A MISTAKE. Immediately there were problems. Kitchen window, glass break sensors. The first time out, I was charged a trip charge. I challenged the charge because the mentioning a trip charge in the contract terms stated "may be charged" not that it "will or shall" be charged. The installer told me that all commercial terms to include trip charges would be spelled out as specific charges.

I telephoned Central Security after the second alarm for the glass break sensor went off and they told me that I had a warranty that trip charges would not be applicable. NOT TRUE. Two weeks ago I got a "Control Radio" alert failure. Called Central and tech support said they knew about the problem in the area and that the alert would go away and the control panel would reset itself. It did. This past Friday at 7:04 they had a yellow code for the Houston area and that this was most likely the problem. However, he later said he believed the problem was with the console. He told me that I was to pay $25 for someone to come out and check the system. I told him that I had several discussions before regarding the trip charge where I was told it was not applicable. He said he would send someone out at no cost and will have his CEO contact me.

The CEO was a customer service person. Told me that the tech person had no right to tell me that he would send a tech out at no charge. All of this is being recorded. I asked her to send me a email confirming her claim that going from now I would have to pay a trip charge even with warranty. By the way, the contract said "may" not "will or shall". She emailed a copy of the contract without any comments. The contract does not support her claims. I intend to send a copy to the State of Texas Board of Private Investigators & Private Security Agencies and Attorney General direct for further investigation. The contract after reading more closely does not allow for cancellation after 30 days of installation even if their default equipment fails and they provide no monitoring services.

Central Security Group response
      We regret any misunderstanding with Ms. Ford. We have a technician scheduled at her convenience to correct any system issues.

We consider ourselves transparent and flexible when misunderstandings arise, as has been shown previously with Ms. Ford. Our service agreement clearly specifies our terms as does our “No Secrets” agreement, which restates our contract in plain language. If we find our equipment is at fault we will always make repairs at no charge to our customer.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I received unsolicited calls to my cell phone number that has been on the Do Not Call list since 2006; offering me free security monitoring equipment if I signed up with Alert 360 as my monitoring service for $54/mo. I sent a letter to the Pres/CEO Richard Ginsburg. It was signed for on July 1. A lady contacted me and told me he was looking into it. I have not heard from them since.

Central Security Group response
      Good afternoon, Lyn. We've done extensive research into our call logs, and based on the information you provided via email, we have confirmed the calls are not coming from Alert 360. Any additional information you could provide that could be beneficial (any name provided, the phone # the call is coming from, etc.) to tracking down the entity who is calling would be greatly appreciated. We would like to work with you to put a stop to these calls, both to you and others being misled.

-Ashley R.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2019

First off, I wish I had read these reviews prior to the con artist lying to us about the company. We got the system January 2019 and was ready to give it up after 3 months of inconsistent filming. We called. You cancel and they claim there's no cancellation. Yea okay no cancellation. Never heard of such a thing. The fake CEO of this scamming company was suppose to send me the contract he claimed I signed stating we can't cancel and to date I've yet to see it. I asked him to email it which takes minutes and nothing. Also the guy who signed us up is M.I.A. with no new number. They are full of crap and I see that they're are responding to comments as if they can resolve our issues. You cannot resolve anything until you're put in jail behind your fraudulent company. I can't wait to see your response on this. I'm wondering how long it takes for BBB to put this to a STOP.

Shaunya,

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with Alert 360. We are a world-class customer service provider with industry-leading BBB and social media ratings. Vanguard Security, as well as Alert 360, have made more than a dozen attempts to reach you in order to resolve your concerns. We remain eager to make adjustments to your system at no charge to you. We have sent additional copies of your service agreement and we ask that you contact us to get this matter resolved.

Original review: June 28, 2019

This company is an absolute SCAM. Was told by the sales associate that had me sign up if anything comes up in the future getting out of the contract would be no trouble at all. That was false. Here we are 2 years into the contract and my home has since been sold & the new homeowners want nothing to do with Central Security AKA Alert 360 after researching all of the horror stories about the service and contracts. I called this company and notified of my situation and their answer was I have to either pay the remaining 13 months on this HORRIBLE contract upfront OR I can sign a NEW contract after my new home is finished getting built. They only care about new contracts.

MY advice to anyone is STAY AWAY from any alarm company looking to lock you into a 3 yr agreement .They also autorenew contracts if you don't give them written notice as described in little letters hidden in their contracts. If they were a reputable company they would not need 3 yr or more agreement contracts. Check out all the complaints against this company on BBB, Consumer Affairs etc. Please do your homework before signing anything with this company.

Central Security Group response

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue, Louis. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Thank you for the opportunity to resolve this for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything moving forward.

Ashley R.

Social Media Manager - Alert 360

Original review: June 12, 2019

I was a Central Security (now Alert 360) customer for the past 5 years. 2 years ago I completed my contract in full. I called to inquire about how to disconnect my service in hopes of getting a better deal. They knocked off a whole $5 and then informed me that my contract had automatically renewed because I had not called within 30 days of my contract cancelling. Needless to say I was an irate customer. After asking for a supervisor and speaking with the supervisor, I was informed that she would switch me to month to month and that all I had to do in the future was call and cancel my service if I chose to do so.

Today, I received and self installed my new Ring alarm system, and made a phone call to Alert 360 (Central Security) to cancel my service. I was transferred to their (CEO Care) department at which time I was told I had to put the cancellation in writing and pay for another 30 days due to a 30 day notice policy. This is not what I was told two years ago when I was out of contract. These folks are liars. They are just trying to get me for another 30 days of service that I am not using.

Central Security Group response
      Alert 360’s contracts include a “No Secrets” form which ensures there can be no confusion regarding the contract terms. As standard in the industry, our contracts automatically renew (unless written notice is provided prior) ensuring customers aren’t left open to potential harm or loss.

We have offered options, including a reduction in overall remaining charges as a gesture of good faith for his loyalty. Mr. Elkins has denied the options we have available. We remain open to discuss a resolution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert 360?

Original review: June 3, 2019

We have had our system for approximately 2 years. Throughout the years we have had several issues with the system. Issues range from the system not working, the tech installing the system then forgetting the password he chose then charging us for a repair he couldn't make (another tech came out who we also had to pay), our alarm going off and no calls from Central dispatchers, the keypad not locking on demand, issue with customer service.

Well, the latest issue we have is due to lightening at least we assume; however, we called for service and was told we would have to pay $124 for something, an additional $79 per hour to the tech, and depending on what's needed we would have to pay to replace equipment. Now the system went completely out, not one time did or have we received any message from Central via phone but they did send out an email. We reached out to Central who told us that there wasn't anything they could do to help and that we would still be bound by the contract for monitoring services. Central does not value the security of its customers. WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN.

Central Security Group response
      Update: Alert 360 has reached out to Mr. & Mrs. Johnson who state they did not file this complaint.

________________________________

Good afternoon. I am so sorry you've had such a negative experience. I would be more than happy to assist you with this, but will need more information to do so. If you will please send the phone # on your account via private message, I will gladly research this for you and see what options we might have available for you.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: May 31, 2019

After many years of their service, I called Central Security 360 to cancel my account (under expired contract - unless they extended that as well unbeknownst to me). I had all my exterior windows and doors replaced and decided did not need their services re-installed, so I called to cancel. Was told account would be noted - no mention of sending a written notice.

Move forward 5 - 6 months and I realize my account is still active and they are requesting back-pay. When I called, I advice them I will not pay for services not rendered when I had all exterior entry points replaced and no security service was provided. I also had a call from the NOC when I advised them their alarms were because there were no longer any connection points and that I had requested cancellation Oct., 2018. This company continues to call daily, they continue to leave messages daily even after I have told them to cancel and no I will not provide for back-pay. Now, Central Security 360 is calling out daily to my “in case of emergency POC” whom no longer lives in the area and is not a responsible party to my previous contract with them.

They have turned to being nasty aggressive, pushing contract renewals, re-installment of security system after I have stated several times NO - CANCEL THE ACCOUNT AND THERE WILL NOT BE ANY BACK-PAY. My next move is calling my attorney for next actions against this predatory and unwanted, forceful sales tactic.

Central Security Group response

Good afternoon. I apologize for your frustrations. I would be happy to assist you with this, but will need more information to do so. Please send the phone # on your account via private message, so I can research this for you.

Our Pick
      ConsumerAffairs RecommendedProtect America
      Original review: May 10, 2019

I have two accounts with this company. One is a home account ** and the other business **. When we moved we went back with this company though we’d had billing issues in the past. My husband set up the home in his name with his info. The business was set up using our EIN as with me as a signer. We closed the business in October 2018. The service should have been discontinued in November. They would not back date to November when I asked them to and told me I was responsible for the balance of the contract. I refused to pay for a full year in which I am not using their services.

Their answer was for the building owner to put it in their name. The building is for sale and the owner hates this service. This company transferred a commercial location bill to my husband's personal account and disconnected my service. My account is on auto draft so there should be no reason for my business to affect my home. They billed me 1,118.60 for service I don’t have. Additionally, I have moved the business once and home once and instead of transferring the contract the only way we could keep the alarm is by starting a new contract.

Good afternoon, Rhonda.

I apologize for your dissatisfaction. We would be more than happy to discuss this matter with you. Please send the phone # on your accounts, and someone will reach out soon.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: April 26, 2019

This company changes its name to try and fool its customers. I'm sick of the service guys not having the equipment on their truck. It's getting old. The equipment is junk. The old equipment I had prior was working with no issues. Now I get communication failure, loss of supervision. Guy has been here for almost 2 hours because he's out smoking cigarettes in his truck. I'm going back to ADT. Go with the big company. Not these little mom and pop shops.

Central Security Group response

Good morning Mike. I apologize for your frustration, and I would be happy to look into this, but I am unable to locate your account. Could you please provide the phone # on your account via private message? Additionally, Alert 360 is one of the top-5 security companies in the United States with locations all across the country.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: April 23, 2019

I signed up with this company over 4 years ago, had a lot of issues that could not be resolved from the beginning, the alarm kept going off for no reason, the installer blamed the existing wiring in the house, after receiving 3 bills for 75 dollars each from the sheriffs alarm detail, I called the sales rep and cancelled the service. I did not used the alarm any more and as far as I know was inactive, fast forward until a month ago, I check that rarely used account and this company has been billing me over 60 dollars a month for an alarm that I cancelled in the beginning due to it not working properly.

I moved from the house over a year ago as well. I have been billed over 3000 for an alarm that I cancelled 4 years ago. I called customer service and was told that I needed to send another cancellation form so I did, I also stopped payment through my bank, I still have not heard from Alert 360 but they are fighting the cancellation of the payment and are trying to collect fees on me for cancelling the payments. I can't say in any way that this is a good company.

Central Security Group response

Edit 4/29: We have tried to reach you & your voice mailbox was full. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to discuss this matter.

We apologize for your dissatisfaction with Alert 360. As stated in your original agreement and as a security provider, we require written cancellation of your service. We also show your security system was being used well after it was installed which would indicate you were actively using your system and receiving a benefit.

Central Security Group Company Information