1.47/5

Need a home alarm?

Need a home alarm?

Central Security Group Reviews

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I have been calling to ask how to cancel my services. All they said is through writing, and try to connect me to the right department to provide me the information where to send my cancellation notice. It’s keep getting disconnected, so I never have the information to cancel the services. At the same time, the company keeps on charging me. If anyone would let me where do I send my cancellation notice, that would be very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Jacob ** (Tulsa Branch Technician) did an incredible job today installing a deadbolt on our front door! He arrived early, was efficient and professional. Thank you for a great experience! The quality and level of service Alert 360 provides is outstanding!

Central Security Group response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Peter. Customer service is incredibly important to us, and I'm happy Jacob provided such great service! Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need assistance in the future. Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I called to cancel my account over 6 years ago. Apparently something needed to be done in writing and I was never notified. I moved and got married. They charged me to an old account I don’t access often for 6 years for monitoring a non active system. They offered nothing. Completely disgraceful service.

Central Security Group response

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to resolve this. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything moving forward. Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Resolution response: Sept. 4, 2019

Alert360 resolved the issue via a phone call. I appreciate the reach out to me to work out a full solution, and the phone call was great with understanding the issue at hand.

Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I switched providers because my contract had long expired after the 36 months. When I called to cancel the billing depart said, "You are on automatic renewal" so I login to Alert360.com. Nowhere can you find automatic Renewal written in the account or find a place to turn it off. The billing depart goes on to say it is in section XYz where it not. They acquired Smith Security who we were originally a part of. Alert360 is scam. How I was acquired from Smith monitoring and when I signed up with them it said 36 months is the contract as you have to pay for the the new equipment. I fulfilled my 36 months. Do not use this company. You be automatically renewed and you cannot figure out how to turn it off as it is not listed in your account. Total scam.

Central Security Group response

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to resolve this for you. I apologize for the confusion regarding auto-renewal. We try to ensure this isn't an issue by having our customers sign a "No Secrets" page which restates the contract terms in an effort to minimize issues like yours. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything moving forward.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

When we got our service the agent who installed our service said we can cancelled our contract by only paying certain amount. But when I call the customer service they want us to pay the remaining months of the contract. Dont used this security service. They will not explain to you when it's being installed and never said in the contract that we have to pay a huge amount terminating our contract. 3 yrs is such a long contract!!!

Central Security Group response

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to resolve this for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything moving forward.

Ashley R., Social Media Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert 360?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I switched from ADT To Central Security using Honeywell alarm system. The Tech was nice and helpful but we noticed that our alarm system would cut off the internet, every time you would turn on and off the alarm. He never hooked up the splitter that came with the system. Also when I tried to call Central Security after my alarm was set off, I never received a call back to confirm. When I called there was no account under our name and I'm set up for automatic payments. I have no idea who is monitoring and to cancel.

Good afternoon,

Upon receiving your latest response, I was able to locate your account. One of our team members will be in touch soon to discuss options with you.

Resolution response: Aug. 21, 2019

Drake from Alert360 contacted me and was able to help resolve this issue. He was very professional and offered a solution that I was happy to accept. Thank you for valuing me as a customer and I would be happy to do business in the future.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I'm disappointed with this company. While I was a customer the service provided was satisfactory. In Oct of 2018 I called to cancel my service and after checking my account almost 10 months later I found I was still being charged for service even though I didn't have a contract. The reply was nothing was ever received in writing. During this time I was in the middle of a move and cannot recall if the notification was sent or not. The issue I have is they are aware if the system is unable to be monitored and no attempt was made to contact me to resolve the issue. There was no active phone line at the service address so monitoring was impossible. I understand accepting payment when service is provided but it seems sketchy to knowingly take payment when you know you are unable to provide the service.

After calling it was also discovered that my contact info had been incorrectly saved on my account. Also there was no supervisor available to take my call to try and resolve this matter. In other similar situations the response was, "We were able to see that your system was being used so you benefited from our service." Well in my case the system was not being used for over 10 months. Until this point I was a very satisfied customer for over 6 yrs. I'm waiting to see if they value their customers and do the right thing.

Central Security Group response

Thank you so much for providing us the opportunity to resolve this for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything moving forward. Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I was a Central Security Customer for 3 years at a different address than now. When I moved, the company Fort Knox telephone on the hour trying to get my account at current address. Once agreed, they were there on the day of move-in trying not to lose the account. It was not until after installation was completed (approx. 5 hours), I was told that the monitoring services would be provided by Central Security. Since I had them before I agreed to proceed. WHAT A MISTAKE. Immediately there were problems. Kitchen window, glass break sensors. The first time out, I was charged a trip charge. I challenged the charge because the mentioning a trip charge in the contract terms stated "may be charged" not that it "will or shall" be charged. The installer told me that all commercial terms to include trip charges would be spelled out as specific charges.

I telephoned Central Security after the second alarm for the glass break sensor went off and they told me that I had a warranty that trip charges would not be applicable. NOT TRUE. Two weeks ago I got a "Control Radio" alert failure. Called Central and tech support said they knew about the problem in the area and that the alert would go away and the control panel would reset itself. It did. This past Friday at 7:04 they had a yellow code for the Houston area and that this was most likely the problem. However, he later said he believed the problem was with the console. He told me that I was to pay $25 for someone to come out and check the system. I told him that I had several discussions before regarding the trip charge where I was told it was not applicable. He said he would send someone out at no cost and will have his CEO contact me.

The CEO was a customer service person. Told me that the tech person had no right to tell me that he would send a tech out at no charge. All of this is being recorded. I asked her to send me a email confirming her claim that going from now I would have to pay a trip charge even with warranty. By the way, the contract said "may" not "will or shall". She emailed a copy of the contract without any comments. The contract does not support her claims. I intend to send a copy to the State of Texas Board of Private Investigators & Private Security Agencies and Attorney General direct for further investigation. The contract after reading more closely does not allow for cancellation after 30 days of installation even if their default equipment fails and they provide no monitoring services.

Central Security Group response
      We regret any misunderstanding with Ms. Ford. We have a technician scheduled at her convenience to correct any system issues.

We consider ourselves transparent and flexible when misunderstandings arise, as has been shown previously with Ms. Ford. Our service agreement clearly specifies our terms as does our “No Secrets” agreement, which restates our contract in plain language. If we find our equipment is at fault we will always make repairs at no charge to our customer.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I received unsolicited calls to my cell phone number that has been on the Do Not Call list since 2006; offering me free security monitoring equipment if I signed up with Alert 360 as my monitoring service for $54/mo. I sent a letter to the Pres/CEO Richard Ginsburg. It was signed for on July 1. A lady contacted me and told me he was looking into it. I have not heard from them since.

Central Security Group response
      Good afternoon, Lyn. We've done extensive research into our call logs, and based on the information you provided via email, we have confirmed the calls are not coming from Alert 360. Any additional information you could provide that could be beneficial (any name provided, the phone # the call is coming from, etc.) to tracking down the entity who is calling would be greatly appreciated. We would like to work with you to put a stop to these calls, both to you and others being misled.

-Ashley R.

Original review: July 2, 2019

First off, I wish I had read these reviews prior to the con artist lying to us about the company. We got the system January 2019 and was ready to give it up after 3 months of inconsistent filming. We called. You cancel and they claim there's no cancellation. Yea okay no cancellation. Never heard of such a thing. The fake CEO of this scamming company was suppose to send me the contract he claimed I signed stating we can't cancel and to date I've yet to see it. I asked him to email it which takes minutes and nothing. Also the guy who signed us up is M.I.A. with no new number. They are full of crap and I see that they're are responding to comments as if they can resolve our issues. You cannot resolve anything until you're put in jail behind your fraudulent company. I can't wait to see your response on this. I'm wondering how long it takes for BBB to put this to a STOP.

Shaunya,

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with Alert 360. We are a world-class customer service provider with industry-leading BBB and social media ratings. Vanguard Security, as well as Alert 360, have made more than a dozen attempts to reach you in order to resolve your concerns. We remain eager to make adjustments to your system at no charge to you. We have sent additional copies of your service agreement and we ask that you contact us to get this matter resolved.

Central Security Group Company Information