Formerly Central Security Group

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.49/5

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Alert 360 provides home security systems nationwide. It offers multiple packages with different levels of security, as well as smart home integration options. The company doesn’t disclose its pricing on the website, but you can receive a free quote online or by visiting your local agent.

BOTTOM LINE

Alert 360 offers smart devices, system packages and professional monitoring services featuring various levels of security. It provides free quotes online and in person, and its services are available nationwide.

PROS
    • Available nationwide
    • Smart home integration
    • Multiple packages
    CONS
    • No price transparency
    • Monitoring services are expensive

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

What is Alert 360?

Alert 360 is a home security provider that sells wireless equipment and professional monitoring services for homes and businesses. Its protection products and services, which include professional installations and smart home integration, are available nationwide. You can buy its devices individually or as packages with cameras, sensors, keyless entry, doorbells and touchscreen control panels. To start, you can request a quote from your local Alert 360 office.

Alert 360’s business security solutions include reporting and insights, adaptive learning and smart integration, as well as devices like cameras, control panels, thermostats, motion sensors and more. These systems are custom built and come with 24/7 monitoring.

Alert 360 packages

Alert 360 offers a variety of equipment packages that you can customize to your home and security needs. All packages include a touchscreen control panel, a smartphone app, one motion sensor and three door/window sensors. Each package offers specific extras:

• Smart Door Lock Package: Includes a keyless door lock.
      • Smart Home Video Package: Adds a wireless HD indoor camera.
      • Door Command Package: Comes with an HD video doorbell and keyless door lock.
      • Complete Smart Home: Includes an HD video doorbell, keyless door lock, and wireless HD indoor camera.

All Alert 360 devices are wireless, with no landline requirements for monitoring services. You can save up to 25% off the retail price of these devices if you buy an Alert 360 package rather than buying parts individually. Some packages include promotional offers or extra equipment.

Alert 360 price

Price quotes for Alert 360’s packages and equipment are available exclusively from local offices, though you can request a quote online or over the phone. Alert 360’s monitoring services cost $15.95 per month and require a contract. New customers might be eligible for promotional pricing; the company offers some discounts for those who switch from other providers. Note, too, that pricing may vary from state to state.

Alert 360 FAQ

Where is Alert 360 available?
      Alert 360 is available nationwide. You can schedule security evaluations and professional installation through its local offices.
      Is Alert 360 a monitored or unmonitored home security system?
      Alert 360 security systems include 24/7 professional monitoring. These services start at $15.95 per month.
      How many packages does Alert 360 have?
      Alert 360 offers four security packages with varying devices and security levels.
      Is Alert 360 a wireless home security system?
      Yes, Alert 360’s cameras and sensors are wireless and work for DIY installation. A professional technician can ensure all your devices are up to date and working together.

Is Alert 360 a good home security system?

Alert 360 is an established home security company that offers customizable packages, promotional pricing and professional monitoring services. While some dissatisfied customers have issued complaints about the business, the company seems to strive to actively resolve and respond to these issues. Pricing for its packages and monitoring services is available only with a quote; contact your local Alert 360 office to learn more about your options.

Alert 360 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert 360?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert 360?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Alert 360, is in my humble opinion, a reliable security service. It's customer support is always professional and trustworthy. Ever since I decided to subscribe to this service, I have never had to complain about any irregularity in the products or services they provide. Overall, this is a company I would totally recommend, provided they keep on growing and improving over the years.

Alert 360 response

Thank you for your review, José. We're happy you've chosen Alert 360 to protect you and your loved ones. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything in the future. Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I think these companies charge too much for monitoring. I like the fact that it is a wireless system. It is an easy system to use, and I am able to leave home with some degree of confidence that the alarm will detect any break-ins.

Alert 360 response

Thank you for your review, Scott. We're happy you've chosen Alert 360 to protect you and your loved ones. If you would like me to look into any lower-rate options we might have, please send a private message with the phone # on your account, and I'll be happy to research that for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything in the future. Best, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

We had our security through a provider that sold their accounts to Alert 360. They called and said they wanted to give us a free Nest thermostat since we were an established longtime customer to keep our service after they took over. They came and installed a thermostat and after they touched our existing service we have had continuous problems on a system that always worked before with the only change being the thermostat. Now, my driveway came, garage door, and other products never work. I cannot see my home on my app.

I have called them at least a dozen times. They come out and say it is fixed to have it go back to not working the very next day. They try to blame everything but themselves and the funny thing is that I never had one day's issue with the previous company that they bought out. I am sick of them debiting the payment for something that I am not getting. They breached their contract by not providing the promised service. I have contacted them to cancel my service three times and they say they have to get with someone and call me back which they never do. I am now convinced it is a scam. They get you in their contract and know that their service is crap. I am contacting an attorney as I am done paying for nothing and getting the run around. Do not use this service...you will regret it.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

Still trying to terminate contract with alert360. The cameras are not great quality. They only work off internet. There is no back up cell signal for cameras to operate. We are limited to one ISP and it's not great. Therefore the cameras are always buffering or out of service with no internet. Multiple extenders installed and driveway and doorbell would still always disconnect. There is only so much complaining to do. Not paying a service charge for a tech to come check out when it's internet. Cameras are way subpar in clarity and detection compared to other available companies. Requested to be taken off autopay and copy of contract since July 2020 and finally just received that mid October. Waiting on contract. All I want is to move on from this company that is not able to provide the services we pay for consistently due to ISP. Still wanting to charge me 1800 cancellation.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

This is the worst alarm system company. Please don’t use them!! We were going back and forth on if we should get a Ring doorbell or go through our alarm company and ended up getting one through Alert 360. They scammed us into signing up for another 2 years. On top of that but the doorbell camera only worked for a month. We had someone come out and “fix” it but it never worked. We have since moved and didn’t take the unworking doorbell camera with us obviously but we still have to pay for 2 years for something we don’t have and never worked. They wouldn't even work with us at all. Garbage company that only wants your money. Please don’t use them!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

A friendly salesman came to my door on a stormy evening to sell me into the Alert 360 Security System. He was super friendly and we hung out past his presentation due to a tornado warning. I had an unstable ex-husband that had me wanting a security system for a while and I was pleased with what the sales person told me about and agreed. The system was set up the next day.

The very first thing that I did not like was that I am a renter. My sales guy said I would be getting a phone call from someone to verify my information and that I was to tell that person I owned the home. I do not like lying and I felt pressure to do so just to protect my home. Next thing, anytime I’ve had to call the customer service center, they have been extremely rude and responded in a way that made it seem I was inconveniencing them by calling. I called to see if someone would come out to move my panel as my refrigerator was blocking it and they said it would cost $120. That is insane. I pay $66 a month for what? So many other companies are better priced or you can even get your own and set it up with NO monthly fee. That is precisely what I want to do because....

The most recent incident was that I had to get a new WiFi router due to doing virtual school and working from home. I spent an hour getting my doorbell camera to work. Then I moved on to my driveway camera and I kept getting errors so it referred me to the customer service center. As usual the person I spoke to was rude. She also informed me I BROKE my warranty by “changing my WiFi password” like... how is that a thing? It’s literally something people should do regularly to SECURE their internet yet it breaches my warranty of SECURING my home?!

They said they would come out to fix it for $120 again which makes me extremely upset since literally all they are going to do is hit a button on the camera. Really not ok with the entire situation and now I have no surveillance on my driveway. Oh yeah and my doorbell that I fixed myself, won’t save my videos anymore. Icing on the cake. I want out of my contract and I can’t because I would have to pay almost 2 years worth of $66/month and I’m on unemployment due to COVID. Basically, if you are thinking of getting a security system, RUN from Alert 360. FAST.

Alert 360 response
        Alert 360 prides itself on providing world-class service, and we regret any customer dissatisfaction. Since you made a change to your equipment
        which rendered your system inoperative, this service repair would not have been covered. Your warranty is valid for Alert 360 equipment support.
        The recorded call indicates our support specialist was courteous and did offer to waive 50% of the service charge to send a repair technician, but this offer was refused.

We are open to further discussion.

Resolution response: July 30, 2020

Alert 360 did resolve this issue after 1 year of trying to cancel my service. It took me writing a review on this website and laying out the fraudulent activity that they committed against me.

Original review: July 28, 2020

After over a year of trying to cancel my account with Alert360 they have failed to actually cancel my account. Instead, they continued to bill me and call me every three months to collect. On every instance, I inform the person on the phone that I agreed to do a buyout (which I paid) and that person confirms that they can see the time and date of the original phone call and buyout agreement. They assure me that they will send me the requisite paperwork to sign for them to "cancel" my account. I never receive an email from them and checked my spam folder repeatedly. I began to suspect that this was intentional.

They sent the debt to a collector. Sending fake debts to collectors is fraud. It also is damaging my credit. I have called them 6 times in the last 2 days and they promise that they will return my call and handle the situation. Of course they haven't. I have no faith that they intend to do what they say. They put me on hold and bounce me from one department to another and every question or request I make must be answered by a different department than the one I am speaking with. I have seen on this website that many other people have had similar experiences and some have said they are looking into a class action suit. There is a reason they have a 1.5 star review. Selling fake debts is a white collar crime and should be reported here: **.

Alert 360 response

Good morning, Chris. I apologize for any frustration you have had with Alert 360. We pride ourselves on industry-leading customer service, and what you’ve described is not indicative of the experience Alert 360 strives to provide. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate an account based on the information available. Please email the address or phone number on your account to Alert360Cares@alert360.com, so I can research this situation. Thank you, Ashley R., Social Media Manager

Original review: June 19, 2020

The property have a motion sensor with camera, the property got broken into the motion sensor did not picked-up the thieves. They were 3 feet away from the sensor camera, face to face to the sensor! So the company does not cover commercial and just few items in residential. Why to pay for an alarm system if there is no coverage when they messed up?

Alert 360 response

Thank you for your review. Alert 360 prides itself on industry-leading customer service, and uses state-of-the-art technology. Your review is not indicative of the experience Alert 360 strives to provide, and we would welcome the opportunity to investigate your concerns. We are unable to locate an account based on the information provided. Please provide the address or phone number on your account through private response or email Alert360Cares@alert360.com, so we may investigate further.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Switched over to Alert 360 due to their pricing. Process of initiating service with them was fairly easy because my system was already installed and compatible with them. I did add a couple of sensors that I purchased from Alert 360 at that time. They did not mention the length of the contract was 3 years instead of the typical 2 years.

I then got transferred with my job with 21 months left on my contract. I tried to cancel but found out I could not. I have been able to cancel a contract with other alarm monitoring companies if moving to a new location. So I tried to transfer my service to the new location. Alert 360 would not let me transfer my contract instead trying to get me into a new, more expensive contract. SO THEY WOULD NOT HONOR THEIR SIDE OF THE CONTRACT BUT WANTED ME TO HONOR MINE! They do not care about their customers, only money. I would suggest going with someone else for your alarm monitoring. There are other companies that are similar in pricing and more reputable.

Alert 360 response

We make every attempt to be transparent with our contract terms. The signed contract indicates this was a 36-month agreement. Our customers also sign a "No Secrets" form which restates the contract terms in plain language, and advises the customer is responsible for the terms of the agreement even if they move and no longer use the service. We would be happy to provide a copy of this agreement, and we have offered options to this customer. These options remain available for consideration.

Original review: April 2, 2020

My Father died from Covid-19 and I got a bill from the company so I called to advise them that he passed and to cancel service. The customer service person said I am not on the account so she couldn't help me. I am the Trustee of the estate I told her. She said she still can't do anything. I asked for a superior Not available. I ask politely several times. She just kept telling me she cannot help me. Well ALERT 360 Your firm in insensitive and disrespectful to grieving family members for a few bucks. Shame in you!

If you plan to use these companies services you are forewarned that you'd better put a lot of family members on the account in the event you need to address any issues. I'm upset, I'm concerned for the rest of the clients who may have a similar experience. If you don't have backup with other decision makers, you'd better call them and get that done. They are F- in my book!

Alert 360 response
        We are very sorry for your loss Robert, and during these times we recognize the importance of finding ways to conduct business without difficulty.
        As a security provider we require documentation and verification that the individual we are speaking to is authorized to conduct business on our customer’s behalf. Please email us at

info@alert360.com and provide your contact information including documentation indicating you are the estate trustee. We will contact you to complete your request.

Alert 360 Company Information