3.25/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Being safe should be simple. SimpliSafe designs home security systems that are wireless, cellular and user-friendly. With an ever-expanding arsenal of sensors and security cameras, SimpliSafe offers all-encompassing protection while integrated apps make comprehensive system control possible from anywhere. Seamless 24/7 alarm monitoring is provided without the long-term contracts and sky-high prices of traditional home security companies. Anyone can set up SimpliSafe in just a few minutes. No drilling. No tools. Call today to start protecting your home!

126 SimpliSafe Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 3, 2019

When you start thinking of a security system, the first thing most people think is large corporations selling huge systems on long-term contracts with crazy monthly bills. I hated that idea and have been holding off for a while now, even through SimpliSafe's first hardware version. I've been watching for the day when there was a home wireless DIY system that I felt was comparable to the massive commercial systems on the market in security (protection). Bells and whistles aside, that's why you buy an alarm system right?

The system came in a large box with compartments holding various components. If you've bought anything in the past 10 years you know how the unboxing goes. The sensors, keypad and other hardware are small, unobtrusive and modern looking devices. They frankly look great. No huge complicated touch screen, just a modern convenient keypad that looks like it was designed in this century. The build quality of the devices themselves was impressive too; the keypad was solid feeling even after being slid into the wall bracket. The sensors show no exposed circuitry on the back, even in the battery compartment. This seems picky, but small polish like that makes it feel like a very quality product.

Setup was just as easy as unboxing. Devices are paired using buttons on the bottom of each device/sensor, and can be added and renamed using the keypad or the remote website / app. Plenty of customizations available, behaviors of various sensors, chimes, volume, extra PIN codes, and so forth. The entry contacts (window/door) are easy to set up, small and work within 2 inches to handle large or odd-shaped window sills or openings. The motion sensor is tiny and fits perfectly into corners. Sensors are powered by standard CR-2032 button batteries and each sensor slides out of the mounting bracket so the batteries can be replaced without using a small screwdriver and prying, or peeling them off the door/window itself. In other words, without tools.

The system is simple to use; the conventional keypad method has buttons for OFF, HOME and AWAY, and work similarly to any system you've seen before. There's also a red panic button on the top of the keypad whose behavior can be modified in the settings, although I'm not sure what for. The app is very simple to use and the Dashboard focuses on the main functions (OFF, HOME, AWAY), while also allowing for complete configuration of the system (as well as the website), although for all of these remote options I believe you need the 'expensive' plan of $25/mo, which I have, and I believe is worth it. The experience seemed like opening and setting up any piece of new technology these days, if you've bought an iPhone, Nest thermostat or similar the experience will be familiar to you. I recommend it very highly.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Our children gave us SimpliSafe as a Christmas gift in 2018, we are very happy with our system. Our daughter has had SimpliSafe since 2015. She bought it when she bought her own home. There were a few minor bugs that were easily worked out with their very helpful staff. One morning the alarm went off at 4:45 am, I was away on business and my wife was alone. They called her as she was in a deep sleep and didn’t hear the alarm, the guy on the end was very sleuthing and reassuring. Talked to her until the police showed up (4 minutes). The police inspected the whole yard/house. What was discovered has, one half of the back kitchen door had dislodged, causing the alarm. I was very grateful and happy that both SimpliSafe and my local police responded to our alarm. We have had no problems with our SimpliSafe!!

I absolutely love camera that was included in the package that my children bought for us! We can easily check on our pets and the house with these camera. The camera even works a night, a big plus. Also the remote access is a feature that I love, being able to turn features on and off has been a bonus (included) that has been invaluable. Being able change features from afar is a must! I would recommend this system to anyone who is looking for a reasonable alarm system.

Original review: March 29, 2019

A friend recommended SimpliSafe as he has the systems in two states 1300 miles apart. After looking at the reviews on other sites and ConsumerAffairs I went with his suggestions and bought the reconditioned system. It took a while to dismiss our other security company because of archaic unpublished rules about discontinue of service even though the contract was 4 years expired and various components had failed over the years. Regardless we got the box and it took a while to remove poorly installed competitors equipment. The new stuff was a snap to install and set up and my only question was promptly addressed by tech support.

I ordered the interactive monitoring and all calls by SimpliSafe have been courteous when we inadvertently trigger the system. The best things about this system are the customization the owner can do, the log that goes back days and days, monitoring our bulldog's behavior, and the fact I can cancel or activate wherever I have a cell signal. My wife and son can use the app and you can set up a distress code to use if you are under duress on entering or after the alarm is triggered. The monitoring price is far less than a competitor we had and the system can’t be negated by cutting phone service, power outages of less than 8 hours or damage to the control panel. You are also notified of power outage if away so you can call the power company to let them know.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Equipment came quickly and was easy to install. I used the included screws to install everything as I do not trust double-stick tape. The monitoring company is excellent. Most people are not aware that most alarm companies do not provide the monitoring service. Rather they use one of only several 3rd-party monitoring companies that provide nationwide service. SimpliSafe uses COPS Monitoring, out of New Jersey. I've accidentally set off my alarm and get a phone call from them in less than 2 minutes. I keep their phone number in my phone contacts list.

My only complaints are the occasional software bugs. Sometimes a single sensor is not communicating with the base station. At other times, when I return through an entry keypad other than the one I set the alarm with, the base station keeps counting down even though the keypad said, "Alarm off". I have to go to the other keypad and enter my pin there as well. Not all the time, but enough to bother me. Just can't beat the $14.95/month monitoring fee.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

These reviews posted within were wrote by someone for the Consumer Affairs fake website. SimpliSafe is very reputable and always answers the phone, calls the police and is very helpful! They explain everything and they also let you know, this is a DIY!!! So people need to understand, that if you don't know how to install things, then don't write fake harmful reviews! If you don't answer your phone when the alarm company calls, then why do you have the alarm or complain about having to pay for the police or fire department to be dispatched? If your sensors fall off, THEN USE THE SCREWS!!! Seriously, if you don't know how to fix things, then call a professional to install and stop complaining and writing fake reviews to hurt a company's reputation!

I have 4 of these systems installed in 3 homes and 1 rental I own. I have never had a problem with a sensor falling off, with a false alarm, I have had 1 alarm that would go off when I had a ceiling leak in a vacation home, but that was simple to remedy just by using the app and shutting off the system and restarting it, because there is someone there, then the alarm will continue to re-trigger, if it is something like a leak, then they have monitors for it and also the system won't re-trigger!

Also, they always call me when I have had any alarm and I always reach a representative that is always very polite and helpful! When my camera didn't install correctly, I called them and they walked me right through it and fixed the issue! As far as only having T-Mobile for their base station? That is a lie! My vacation home only has service using VERIZON! So SimpliSafe swapped out my base station from their contracted T-Mobile base with a Verizon base because the original didn't work! All it took was a phone call and some testing to get it switched!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SimpliSafe?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 16, 2019

All the 5-star ratings for 'ease of installation', 'no-contract', and 'customer service' are, for the most part accurate. But wait till you get an alarm. Monitoring folks call law enforcement with "Zone 0" alarm, regardless of the entry alarm or what you named it. Your call will contain no other information and they can't tell you whether or not the alarm has cleared. Customer Service can tell you if the alarm has cleared, but at 2:00 AM it's no help. Sleep well.

SimpliSafe response

Hi Kim. Sorry about the confusion. Our Monitoring operators are only able to deal with the current alarm event, and they're not able to access your system for further info. But it might help to know that by default, the system will automatically reset after 4 minutes, and will be ready to trigger again.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 15, 2019

First, we urge you to share this information with everyone, and on every consumer site you are able to reach; this breach is being used by a select few and Federal Express drivers so they can bypass the doorbell camera recording system. We have recorded hundreds of people, cars, trucks-even a bird--setting off our doorbell; but, when Federal Express Drivers approach, (unless they ring the doorbell), the system is frozen out from responding. We have documentation that shows our neighbor set off the recording device, but between her movements--when Federal Express shows up--the recorded goes silent, nothing appears on the video--not even an event or indication of it being hacked. This also happened when a woman, who is married to a policeman, came to our door due to a wrong delivery. She was able to retrieve her package at our door, and avoid being recorded.

In both cases, we have recordings before and after these two people came to our door. SimpliSafe tries to make up excuses for these hackings, but when you have the delivery/pick up time stamp, they then tell you they will send you a wifi booster and try to go off topic. There is an obvious hacking problem and at least two organizations know how they can avoid detection. This makes sense; the cops don't want you to know they are at the door, and Federal Express doesn't seem to want you to identify deliveries through visual evidence. Please, write and share your stories, call SimpliSafe and demand a realistic response and flood every consumer site so that the public is given an explanation to the problem that they face from this silence. The real question is; who else knows how to hack and avoid detection? Thanks for your support and help.

SimpliSafe response

Hi Stephen. That appears to be an issue with the sensitivity of the Motion Sensor of the Video Doorbell Pro - which uses a regular infrared motion sensor. Recently we updated all our Video Doorbell Pro units with Advanced Video Motion Detection, which should drastically improve accuracy. If you're still having trouble, give us a call and our Support team would be glad to help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 12, 2019

I ordered on 6/05/2019 but not arriving until Friday 6/14. I'm already having second thoughts about the system. The dang thang has been sitting at my local Post Office since Monday morning but I won't get it until Friday. Hope the user and performance experience is way better than the shipping and delivery one.

SimpliSafe response
So sorry to hear about that, Antoine! With Free Shipping, we do use FedEx Smartpost, where they transfer to your local post office for the final leg of the journey. They might have had an issue with the delivery that caused a delay.

But hopefully you'll have your package this week. If you need help with the setup, please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll take care of you.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I bought a refurbished system in January, had problems with it since March. Sensors not responding, low batteries, etc. I called them today. They said my system was too old and they wouldn’t give me credit towards another. They have a record of all my problems and still wouldn’t give me credit for an upgraded system 3, for an added $325. Go to someone local who will help you and not keep giving you excuses on why their system won’t work. I wouldn’t recommend this to Adolph Hitler, well just him! Stay away from this company!!

Resolution response: June 12, 2019

We DID NOT know we could unplug the base unit and remove the batteries to stop the alarm. The problem was in the Key Fobs. Simple Safe responded to us almost immediately and sent out new key fobs Fed-Ex.

Simple Safe was prompt in resolving the issue. Just wish they would have made it very clear to us, as a consumer, on how to shut it off, during a malfunction, when their business office is closed.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Currently, it's 4:20 AM CST and our alarm has been going off at various times since approx. 1:30 AM CST. Dispatch calls us, retrieves our info, and informs us they cannot do anything about the alarm malfunctioning. Talked to 6 dispatch people since this began and was told several things. #1. Will shut it off in zone 2 and 3. #2. We're only a third-party, there's nothing we can do. #3. After taking our name, number, the code word, we're asked to spell out our code word. Huh? #4. They transfer us to a number that is disconnected. #5. One dispatcher gave us this number to call, 800-297-1605, and the "office is closed".

We've done various things, e.g. shut it off at the keypad, put it in "test" mode, etc. and then actually fall asleep for about 45 min at 3:20 AM only to have it go off at 3:40 AM. The voice in the machine goes off with random wording or the alarm just goes off. Online is not reading any of our information, so we cannot go that route. We've done EVERYTHING POSSIBLE on our end to get this thing to shut up. We believe it has something to do with the key fob buttons on our key chain. But, even if that's the case: Why isn't there someone out there to help us, or at least provide a way for the SimpliSafe Unit to power off and/or disconnect, during "off-duty" hours for emergencies such as this?

SimpliSafe response

Hi Debra, sorry to hear that you've had so much trouble. Our Monitoring Company is only able to handle emergency events, and they are not able to perform troubleshooting, nor do they have control over your system hardware. For those issues, we'll need to put you in touch with our Support team, which is available 7 days a week from 9am to midnight ET.

But since you provided your info here already, we'll have someone reach out to you today and make sure that this doesn't happen again.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 4, 2019

They will take your money for monitoring but you cannot arm the product, you get errors and it’s says there’s a problem connecting. When it goes off you can’t turn it off. I called support and they “over nighted” me a new base station which took a week and a half to get here, that was after they sent new SIM cards that never worked. I finally cancelled after paying for 2 years of monitoring for something that if I was lucky connected 30% of the time. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR YOUR MONEY, THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN AND SUED FOR STEALING MONEY. I hope this helps others to not make the same mistakes I did and get a real alarm system not this garbage.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 1, 2019

I installed SimpliSafe in an Airbnb I own. I got a call one night from the guests letting me know they were unable to turn off the alarm. I “disarmed” the alarm from the app. No luck. SimpliSafe called me and I said not to call the police. I was on the phone with their “support” run by a 3rd party company called COPS monitoring for an hour. They said they could not turn off the alarm remotely and that I would need to contact customer care, who was closed, but I was welcome to leave a voicemail. I’m throwing the system in the garbage today. What good is the system if you can’t have it remotely turned off outside of SimpliSafe’s customer care hours?!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 29, 2019

After first installing about 4 years ago response and tech support was excellent, in the last 6 months no response from them on false alarms and same for tech support. Something has seriously changed with this company and has given me little to no confidence in this system. Seems they have followed the path of others like them and left the shop to fail. Wish I could get a refund. I feel that I have been ripped off! It's a shame Simplisafe. Your company sucks and you should fix it QUICK!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 27, 2019

Purchased for vacation home. I have a building 45 feet away from the base where I installed the door sensors. The base unit will not pick it up no matter where I place it. I have had multiple (15-20) false alarms in 2 years. The keypad and base unit requires a new set of good batteries every 2 months. You must use rechargeable batteries in the base unit - they won't last long. If keypad batteries are dead and you can't enter the PIN the base unit alarm will go off when you trigger a sensor then you must put new batteries in the keypad. The range advertising is FALSE. This system has no real range. I say it's maybe ok for an apartment or very small home. Forget about using it with metal buildings or a steel walled home. Going to a CCTV DVR system with a backup battery system that will notify me via cellphone instantly. Simplisafe is a very low grade cheap alarm system. I hate having to change batteries all the time.

SimpliSafe response

Hi Bill. So sorry to hear about all this trouble you've had with the system. Both your battery and range issues point towards some severe interference, which is forcing your system to work harder than it needs to. You're right, metal walls would be a problem (since wireless signals in general will have trouble getting through), but otherwise the All New SimpliSafe should have no trouble even at 800ft away. If you haven't already, please do give us a call at 800-297-1605 and our Support team would be more than happy to help with troubleshooting.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I ordered SimpliSafe to help secure my vacation home. I selected 2 day air but the package didn't ship. When I called to check on the status the agent discovered one of the items was on order but had just arrived so she released the order and told me it would be sent by overnight express. 24 hours later I still didn't have my system, when I called the agent told me there was a problem with the address label and that it went out today via overnight express.

I logged in to track the order when I returned from my errands to find I had been lied to, not only had the package not shipped it was slated to ship the next day via 2 day air. I had been very specific that I only had a one week window to receive this system at the vacation home and have been completely let down. It's amazing that 3 different customer service agents couldn't figure out how to get a security system shipped. If it's this hard to buy a system I can only imagine how bad the monitoring service is...

Original review: May 10, 2019

I bought and installed my system before seeing these reviews and I have to say I had/have a top notch experience. I installed the system in April 2019 and have not had a problem yet. Everything works like it should and the system test all are in the green. I don't understand the low reviews but then everyone is different and I don't use the SimpliSafe cameras, I use a different brand. I wholeheartedly recommend this system - Fast easy setup, and any questions I had were promptly and professionally answered.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I had been a Simplisafe customer for a little over 4 years with no real issue. I was surprised when I wasn't given an upgraded base, instead given the choice to upgrade at full price or continue using the old one, but nonetheless, I kept with them. Recently, I had a false alarm and when the monitoring service called for my secret passcode, I slipped up and gave them the wrong one and they hung up. Fair enough. I called Simplisafe right back after logging into my account, relayed the correct code, and they went ahead and shut the alarm off. They informed me everything was fine, and asked if I needed anything else. I said no and we exchanged goodbyes. 40 minutes later the cops showed up.

A month later I received a $316 false alarm fine from the LAPD. When I looked closely at the paperwork I saw that dispatch was called 7 minutes after speaking with Simplisafe and having them shut the alarm off. I tried to explain this to the LAPD. They said they never received a call from them or the monitor system. That was strange considering I was staring at the Simplisafe Log sheet in my account. I called Simplisafe to get to the bottom of it. After some back and forth where the customer service rep tried to confuse the topic, they said in addition to calling them, I should have called the monitoring system. "Wait, what? Why? That's why I called you!"

They assured me that I was informed of this on the phone calls and they could go back and find out. When I asked them to go back through the recorded calls and listen, they did, came back on, and told me that in fact, no one from Simplisafe had informed me to call anyone, instead they asked if I needed anything else, which was kind of the same thing, but not really.

I told them this was unfair, that there was no way I should be asked to cover this fine. This was clearly a Simplisafe issue. Eventually the girl punted and asked me if I wanted to speak to a supervisor. "Sure," I said. When I spoke with a supervisor, he reviewed my case, informed me that there wasn't much he could do, but offered no real explanation as to why I was the one having to call several places to turn an alarm off. He offered me 4 months of free service. He even offered to try and call the LAPD, "maybe there's something we could do." but needed to check with his supervisor. A few hours later he called me back, informed me that his supervisor told him there was nothing he could do. "I can still give you the next 4 months of service."

This is a joke! What kind of service is this? Let me see, pay money to a company to secure your house, call company with correct code to turn off the alarm, then it's your fault when no one informs you to call another party to tell them the same thing? Why do I have to call the sub-contracted company anyway that they provided? Again, what is is that they do? What do we need Simplisafe for? It's a call center that apparently doesn't do much but make some clunky hardware.

So forget this. I'm out. This thing is a bust. If you want to save a few bucks on a system, then this is for you. If you're looking for some headaches and a bunch of people not taking responsibility, then this is for you. I wouldn't recommend this system to any one of my friends. Furthermore, when I set up my Simplisafe system in LA, not one person from Simplisafe wrote to tell me that I had to register the system in LA County. Again, what exactly are they doing? I guess I shouldn't remembered my alarm system handbook and paged through it. Do they at least supply that?

Original review: April 30, 2019

Purchased, installed; started having difficulty less than a week. Check would be sent after several replacements, had more problems. Never could get a reliable service. Returned the system for a refund. Have been waiting more than a month for my money. Was told by operators check would be sent a couple of days. Still do not have my money. Consumers beware!!!! Dealing with a dangerous company. David **, Ga.

Original review: April 26, 2019

We had some issues troubleshooting why our video doorbell wouldn’t connect, so we called technical support. We were on hold for about 3 minutes before speaking with a live individual who walked us through the entire process. Despite the steps not working after about four steps, he offered to replace the item and it was shipped within the hour! We have never had that kind of support from any tech services and will most certainly stay with Simplisafe for their ease of setup and customer service.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Would not recommend SimpliSafe! Experienced multiple instances where alarms were triggered and no one contacted me or housemates about the alarm. When in contact with customer service, no one seems to be on the same page or know what they are doing. Not well organized! When there was a false alarm, protocol was not followed and I was issued a citation from the police department for a false alarm. They changed the dispatch phone number without giving appropriate notice to customers. Overall unsafe company, inconsistent and unpredictable. Not good for a security system. Discontinued and would not recommend.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I purchased SimpliSafe when my fiancé was being deployed overseas. Upon installation, we didn't activate the service until he left. Once activated, each time I could call the company, no one would answer. Since then, I have had multiple glitches with the system, the most recent scaring me more than ever. I was home and accidentally tripped the home alarm. I wasn't able to answer their phone call because I was in the shower, so I couldn't turn the alarm off either. 4 minutes later, it shut itself off. The company never called me back to see if I was okay. What if something was happening to me in my home? Isn't that the purpose of this system? When I emailed them, because I can't ever get them on the phone, they said they advised I see the product on eBay if I wasn't satisfied. I'm appalled.

Original review: April 1, 2019

System seems to fail each time I really need it... Away for extended period... Get different stories from different people at SimpliSafe. No one seems to know what they are doing. Would never purchase again. This is an actual customer. No funny business. I didn't add photo of invoice because I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I ordered a new system and after one week still did not receive it so I called SimpliSafe and they said the credit card did not go thru (but it did) and the order was on hold. The person said that she released it and will be shipped out that day and that I would get an email with tracking number. Two days later no email so I called and got Franco who was EXTREMELY RUDE. He said it was still on hold. I tried to explain to him my situation, he could have cared less, he went to the manager Bianca came back and told me to just cancel my order. There's nothing he can do...

They charged my credit card almost $600! So I did cancel the order and then he wouldn't give me a confirmation number of cancellation "Just look at your bank statement" he said. I finally got Bianca the manager on the phone and she said Franco didn't tell her anything and finally gave me a cancellation confirmation number. Don't go with these guys! ADT is the most professional, when it comes to the security of my home, I'm going with the best; which is NOT SimpliSafe.

Original review: March 27, 2019

SimpliSafe is affordable to buy with no long term contracts. You can even get cheaper options to start with by looking at their refurbished systems. This is what I did and got my system for half price. I have had it for 3 years now with no issues other than having to replace some batteries. Fast response when I test the system IE smoke detector. Easy to install and maintain. No wires to run.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Called Simplisafe today and spoke to Tye (wouldn't give last name) and was rude telling me that my service wasnt with them but when I read off my bank statement she said, "Oh yeah thats us" - they canceled my svc without telling me and did so for non-payment but the payments have always been on time due to being on auto pay. AVOID USING THIS COMPANY!

Original review: March 23, 2019

We purchased equipment from SimpliSafe based on reviews from tech magazines (probably the one they quote in their advertisement). We have had nothing but a lot of hassle with this company: lots of wasted time on the phone, supposed fixes such as replacement doorbell chime, replacement doorbell camera, etc. Although the camera is supposedly connected to the Wifi, I frequently get a notice that the camera was not in use when attempting to view a recording. This happens at least once a day, usually more often.

I often do not get a notification that someone is on or coming up to the steps to my porch or when a car is stopped directly in front of my house and someone gets out. It makes it difficult to share with police any video that may help in tracking crime. I don’t feel safe with this system; it’s unreliable! And every single time I call, I am on the phone a long time: long hold times, long wait times while someone is “checking” to see how to “solve” a problem. No problems have been resolved. They appear to do this so you won’t cancel within the 60 day period and send the equipment back. So now we are out the money. Do not waste your time or money on this company! I regret not going with Ring Doorbell as many of my neighbors have it and are satisfied (they have actually been able to share video, unlike me).

Original review: March 23, 2019

According to the SimpliSafe process flow chart on their site: if the alarm is tripped, a SimpliSafe rep will call your phone and ask if everything’s OK. You’ll have to provide a safe word, and if you can’t give it, the authorities will be on their way. However, this process was not followed at my home today (3/23/2019). My Niece opened an outer door early this morning, and after 30 seconds (I have a 30 sec delay) the alarm sounded. My wife turned off the alarm after about 20 seconds. There was no call from SimpliSafe to verify if all was well, and no notification to Police.

I called SimpliSafe and was told that if I disarmed the system prior to the monitoring person contacting me, then there would be no follow-up. I view this as a deficiency in SimpliSafe's process; they should always verify - via the safe word - with the homeowner that all is well. I was told by the SimpliSafe agent that what happened is normal, and that they would not consider changing their process. I view this as poor customer service and poor process design. I will be checking other security products and companies.

Original review: March 18, 2019

SimpliSafe offers more options than any other DIY security company. In one, low price, package I got door sensors, motion, 2 keypads, and even a camera! The downside is that I frequently get errors from the sensors. I feel SimpliSafe missed the mark on user experience. The app is extremely basic, and the setup process could be way better.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Upgraded my aging Simplisafe in 2018 to new generation system. Big mistake as many of the new system components have failed. Support response times are long and takes a day or longer to get a call back. Buyers beware.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Better than ADT, no monitoring contracts required! Put it in myself in minutes. Have motion sensors, door contacts, numeric pad, siren, yard sign. No tech knowledge needed. Love it, and the money saved!

SimpliSafe expert review by Ben Mannes

Choose from 2 plans for $14.99-$24.99, or 5 contract-free packages for $229-$499. A Build My System option is also available. All systems are do-it-yourself install with 3-year warranties.

• No contracts: SimpliSafe doesn’t require customers to sign a contract. You can cancel at any time if you’re unhappy with the service.

• DIY installation: To reduce costs, SimpliSafe security systems are designed to be self-installed in a matter of minutes. They arrive pre-programmed to work instantly. Because they’re wireless, you don’t need to worry about drilling holes or running wire through your house.

• Optional monitoring: You can decide whether or not you want to pay an additional fee for monitoring. Without monitoring, your SimpliSafe system will operate as a local alarm. Rates for monitoring start at 50 cents per day, and you can upgrade at any time.

• Free smartphone app: Take control of your SimpliSafe system by downloading SimpliSafe’s free smartphone app. The app allows you to remotely arm or disarm secure your home from anywhere in the world.

• Customizable: SimpliSafe’s system is completely customizable, so you can add products as you need them. Their system supports up to 41 sensors. In addition to security sensors, SimpliSafe offers fire and environment sensors.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

SimpliSafe Company Information