Frito-Lay is recalling select Rold Gold Tiny Twists, Rold Gold Thins, Rold Gold Sticks and Rold Gold Honey Wheat Braided pretzels.
The products may contain peanuts, an allergen not listed on the label.
The company says it has received no reports of illness.
The recalled products are sold in retail stores and via foodservice and vending customers throughout the United States, and have “guaranteed fresh” dates ranging from June 28, 2016 - August 23, 2016 on the front of the package. Directly underneath the “guaranteed fresh” date is a 9-digit manufacturing code that includes the numbers “32” in the second and third position (example: x32xxxxxx).
The following products with the above-described “guaranteed fresh” dates and manufacturing codes are being recalled:
- Rold Gold Tiny Twists - 1 oz. , 2 oz., 16 oz. and 20½ oz.
- Rold Gold Thins - 4 oz. and 16 oz.
- Rold Gold Sticks - 16 oz.
- Rold Gold Honey Wheat Braided - 10 oz.
The Rold Gold Tiny Twists are also included in select multipack offerings. The affected multipacks have “use by” dates on the front of the package. Directly next to or underneath the “use by” date is a 11-digit manufacturing code that will include the letter combination AM, TO, QH, QC or SW in the second and third position (example: xAMxxxxxxxx). The recalled products have different, varying “use by” dates, including:
- 20 count Baked & Popped Mix -- “use by” dates ranging from May 31 - July 26, 2016
- 20 count SunChips & Rold Gold Mix -- “use by” dates ranging from June 14 - August 9, 2016
- 32 count Fun Times Mix -- “use by” dates ranging from June 14 - August 9, 2016
- 30 count Baked & Popped Variety Pack -- “use by” dates ranging from June 14 - August 9, 2016
- 30 count Home Town Favorite Variety Pack -- “use by” dates ranging from May 31 - July 26, 2016
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products may return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-888-256-3090 from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (CST), Monday – Friday, or online at www.pretzelrecall.com.