Best Tax Relief in San Antonio, TX
If you’re struggling to pay your taxes, you’re not alone. Despite a robust local economy, San Antonio residents are saddled with one of the heaviest tax debt burdens in the country. A reputable tax relief company can help ease your worries, settle IRS issues and manage your back taxes.
Top 10 San Antonio Tax Relief Companies
|Community Tax||Read 594 Reviews|
Requires a minimum $10,000 tax debt. Initial fees range from $500 to $750. Gives full or partial refunds for services not rendered. Accredited by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Offers free consultations.
|toll freenumber(844) 899-7812 Visit Website|
|Larson Tax Relief||Read 356 Reviews|
Works with clients who have more than $20,000 in tax debt. Provides a 15-day money-back guarantee. Offers free consultations with a licensed tax pro. Member of NAEA and NATP. Family-owned and operated.
|toll freenumber(855) 463-1308 Visit Website|
|Anthem Tax Services||Read 116 Reviews|
Requires a minimum $10,000 tax debt. Tax attorneys on staff. Member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents and National Association of Tax Professionals. Provides free initial consultation and a 100% money-back guarantee.
|toll freenumber(855) 713-0330 Visit Website|
|Victory Tax Lawyers, LLP||Read 69 Reviews|
Requires $25,000 tax debt for relief services. Employs tax attorneys on staff. Member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers. Attorney consultation.
|toll freenumber(833) 287-9374 Visit Website|
|J. David Tax Law LLC||Read 27 Reviews|
Works with clients who owe the IRS $20,000 or more. Provides free initial tax consultations. Employs tax attorneys on staff. Flexible payment plans available.
|Barbara Lamar Law Office||Read Expert Review|
Provides accounting, legal and tax services to individuals and small- to medium-sized businesses. Offers confidential service. Gives free phone consultations or 30-minute office consultations for $50.
|Luis R De Luna Law Offices||Read Expert Review|
Experienced tax defense advocate and former IRS revenue agent. Specializes in offers in compromise. Provides guidance for tax, business and probate matters. Offers a free initial consultation.
|Raymond Karam, CPA & Tax Attorney||Read Expert Review|
Board-certified in tax law, estate planning and probate law. Holds a master's of law in taxation and is a certified public accountant. Works to protect clients from tax liens, IRS disputes and IRS collections.
|San Antonio Pure Tax Resolution||Read Expert Review|
Employs licensed tax attorneys who are members of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers. Helps individuals and businesses in need of fast tax resolution services. Provides free consultations and upfront pricing.
|San Antonio Tax Attorney IRS Tax Settlement||Read Expert Review|
Employs a staff of local tax lawyers and former IRS agents. Offers free phone consultations. Resolves wage garnishments, bank levies, property seizures and tax liens.
Many people in San Antonio struggle to pay their taxes. According to Austin’s Center for Public Policy Priorities, many Texans have times when it’s difficult to pay off tax debts while meeting their families’ needs. There is no personal state income tax in Texas, but residents are subject to higher-than-average sales tax and the sixth-highest property tax rate in the country, which makes it challenging to pay off debt. Legitimate tax relief companies understand your situation and work to find IRS tax debt solutions for you.
How to choose a tax relief company in San Antonio
If you owe back taxes and don’t know how you’re going to pay them, don’t panic. While the IRS is bound by law to strictly enforce wage garnishments, bank levies, tax liens and property seizures, a reputable tax relief company helps you navigate the confusing process of resolving tax problems. The most important thing to do is to take action now.
Tax relief companies assist by:
- Ensuring you are treated fairly
- Waiving penalties
- Arranging installment plans
- Filing late or misfiled returns
- Pursuing innocent spouse relief
- Protecting your assets
- Putting you in control of your financial future
- Preventing or removing wage garnishments, tax liens and levies
Most San Antonio tax relief companies offer a free initial consultation to explain your options. Ask if the company has licensed tax attorneys, certified public accountants or former IRS agents on staff. These tax code experts have qualifications and negotiation skills that help them work with the IRS and resolve your tax problem with a favorable outcome.
To learn more about the collection process and taxpayer rights, visit the IRS website and contact a San Antonio tax relief company for a consultation.
San Antonio tax relief options
Common tax relief options in San Antonio include:
- Currently not collectible status: The IRS grants CNC status, also called a hardship determination, when a taxpayer’s financial situation makes it impossible for them to make monthly payments. To obtain a CNC determination, you must apply to the IRS. If granted, the IRS won’t try to collect payment from you until your account leaves CNC status.
- Offer in compromise: An OIC is a negotiated settlement between you and the IRS that lets you pay off your tax debt for less than the full amount. OICs are typically only available to either those who would experience economic hardship if they paid their back taxes. The IRS may also offer an OIC if there is legitimate doubt about whether you are liable for the owed taxes.
- Bank levy release: If you’re late on your tax payments, the IRS can take money directly from your bank or seize your property. However, you can get a bank levy or release if you can prove to the IRS it is causing you significant financial hardship.
- Wage garnishment release: The IRS issues wage garnishments to collect tax payments directly from your paycheck, commissions and Social Security income. A wage garnishment release puts a stop to these collections if they are causing you financial distress. You must provide proof of income and expenses to the IRS and establish a payment plan for your balance.
- Tax lien withdrawal: A tax lien is a claim against your property. In most cases, you have to owe the IRS tax debt of more than $10,000 for it to issue a tax lien notice. A lien impacts your ability to sell your property, use it as collateral or get access to credit. A tax lien withdrawal removes the public lien notice.
San Antonio tax relief company information
San Antonio Pure Tax Resolution employs a team of licensed tax attorneys, CPAs and enrolled agents to help San Antonio taxpayers settle their tax problems. Its tax services include IRS back tax forgiveness programs, penalty abatement, wage garnishment release and bank levy removal. Founder Tim Holcomb provides free consultations, and the office is open 24/7.
- Address: 9901 W. Interstate 10, San Antonio, TX 78230
- Phone: (210) 526-0224
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: sanantonio.puretaxhelp.com
San Antonio Tax Attorney IRS Tax Settlement has experienced tax lawyers and former IRS agents to represent you if you’ve received letters concerning unpaid taxes or unfiled returns. Its goal is to protect your wages, accounts and assets while negotiating a debt resolution plan that suits your needs. The company offers free phone consultations with a tax lawyer to answer all your questions and offer advice on your next steps.
- Address: 700 N. St. Mary's St., Ste. 1400, San Antonio, TX 78205
- Phone: (210) 960-2604
- Hours: M - Sun: 6am - 9pm
- Website: taxattorneyirstaxsettlement.com/sanantonio.html
Raymond Karam is a board-certified attorney and CPA with a master’s of law in taxation who has been providing legal services to the San Antonio community since 1985. He is an expert in tax law, estate planning and probate law. Karam’s goal is to protect businesses and families in financial straits.
- Address: 110 Sprucewood Lane, San Antonio, TX 78216
- Phone: (210) 828-1241
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: raymondkaram.weebly.com
Barbara Lamar Law Office provides help with a wide range of issues, including audits, liens, levies, appeals and tax litigation. Individuals and small- to medium-sized businesses appreciate the firm’s affordable fees. Barbara Lamar Law offers prospective clients a free phone consultation, but it can also review your case during a 30-minute office consultation for $50.
- Address: 602 W. French Place, San Antonio TX 78212
- Phone: (210) 223-9389
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 4:30pm
- Website: tax-lawyer-texas.com
Luis R. De Luna has 25 years of experience and an in-depth understanding of IRS policies. De Luna Tax Law helps clients dismiss undeserved tax debt, stop the collection process and develop payment plans for back taxes. The firm begins its expert tax relief guidance with a free initial consultation. It has Spanish-speaking representatives available.
- Address: 3003 NW Loop 410, Ste. 100, San Antonio, TX 78230
- Phone: (201) 757-0941
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: www.delunataxlaw.com