4.4/5 (150 ratings)
Find a Tax Relief partner

Find Tax Relief partners near you

Owe $10k Or More In Back Taxes?

Work with a professional tax relief expert to reduce your debt.

Get Matched Now

About Optima Tax Relief

Optima Tax Relief specializes in helping individuals deal with aggressive collection by the IRS and state tax agencies. The team at Optima includes seasoned tax attorneys and enrolled agents that are approved by the IRS to represent American taxpayers. The firm is well versed in tax negotiation and settlement, IRS audit defense, levies and liens, wage garnishment and back taxes.

Find Tax Relief partners near you

Pros

• Available nationwide
    • 15-day money back satisfaction guarantee
    • Tax attorneys on staff

Cons

• Minimum debt required

Bottom Line

Optima Tax Relief is an industry leader with an experienced staff. They provide quality tax relief services and protection against the IRS and state tax agencies.

Owe $10k Or More In Back Taxes?

Work with a professional tax relief expert to reduce your debt.

Get Matched Now

Optima Tax Relief services

Optima Tax relief offers a variety of tax solutions and assistance, including tax liability investigation and resolution proposals, tax preparation and compliance, and tax settlement and negotiation.

The company has vast experience with several common resolutions, including:

• Offer in Compromise (OIC)
    • Penalty Abatement
    • Installment Agreement
    • Partial Pay Installment Agreement (PPIA)
    • Tax lien discharge
    • Statute of limitations
    • Collection appeal
    • Administration appeal
    • Administrative appeal

How does Optima Tax Relief work?

Optima Tax Relief breaks down its simple process into four easy steps: consultation, investigation, resolution and freedom.

The initial consultation is 100% free and includes discussing your tax concerns with a member of the Optima Tax Relief team, allowing them to assess the situation and decide which tax solution is appropriate for your case.

Once you begin official work with Optima, the investigation begins, and typically takes two to four weeks to complete. In this phase, the professionals at Optima Tax Relief will establish communication with the IRS and review case summary options.

From there, Optima will begin working on a resolution with the IRS for your case. This stage will be the longest part of the process, and the firm estimates it will take anywhere from three to nine months.

Optima Tax Relief FAQ

How much does Optima Tax Relief cost?

Unfortunately, there is no pricing available for Optima Tax Relief on its website; however, this is common for any tax relief company as each case can be vastly different from the next. For any prices, make sure to book a free consultation — once an Optima Tax Relief representative understands your unique situation, they should be able to provide accurate numbers before moving forward.

With research, we found other sites say that the average fee for services is $4,000 with a minimum of $10,000 in tax debt required to qualify for assistance.

Does Optima Tax Relief offer any type of guarantee?
    Yes. Optima Tax advertises a 15-day money-back satisfaction guarantee. This guarantee means you can cancel without any fees or penalties should you be dissatisfied with services within the first 15-days of working with the company.

Do we recommend Optima Tax Relief?

Optima Tax Relief is a leader in the industry and provides high-quality assistance with several appealing tax relief solutions. Their policies and core values are laid out on their site in clear terms, and their list of services for tax relief needs are very comprehensive. Based on online reviews, it looks like the minimum required debt to enroll in one of their programs is $10,000. Should you find yourself in $10,000 in tax debt and need help, we recommend considering a consultation with Optima Tax Relief.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optima Tax Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optima Tax Relief?

Original review: May 18, 2022

I would steer clear of this company. My experience with them started in August of 2021. I uploaded all my tax transcripts, and financial documents. This initial review cost $295.00. No big deal. The IRS was threatening to garnish my wages. I did not get any movement on my case until the week the IRS stated they would enforce collections. This took me contacting Optima, to get some movement. They then charged me $9995.00 to move to a resolution phase. I did not hear from them again until January of 2022. I entered an installment agreement. Which cost me a $225,00 feel (IRS). I paid the agreement early each month. Then the IRS stated I defaulted on my agreement, by not paying my 2021 taxes on time. I presented evidence from my bank, and from my IRS transcripts, that I did pay it on time. April 18, 2022.

Optima called me and stated that the IRS has reinstated my agreement, and I needed to pay the $225,00 again. I asked them to protest, the default, but the "Tax expert," told me, I had defaulted. Though evidence shows I did not. Another person called, by the way, not until I had paid Optima completely, to tell me they really couldn't do anything to decrease the amount owed. Thanks for not telling me earlier. I would have rather used the money I paid them to go towards my debt. Bottom line...I paid over $10,000.00 for them to make a few phone calls, and fill out a few publically available forms. I could have done all of this my self, but I was a fool. The IRS has independent tax experts that can help do this for free, Please, use my expensive mistake to save yourself money and frustration. I do not recommend working with this company. A tax attorney would have been cheaper.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

DON'T DO IT. Optima was attentive and present with us until we paid the required legal fees. Then they basically ghosted us unless we contacted them. Many times we did not even get a callback or response on our inquiries. We were told we were being protected from any I.R.S. threats or levies for nearly 2 years but never given a status on what or was not being done or negotiated on our behalf. We continued to receive and uploaded to Optima threatening notices and documents we were getting from the I.R.S. It was as if we were not being represented by Optima.

Make sure your account is managed by a licensed practitioner because obviously ours was not since they dropped the ball on our installment agreement that left us unprotected for 3 and half months enabling the I.R.S. to levy our first two 2022 retirement annuities for 2 months. After this happened, we were then informed by Optima that we made too much money to be eligible for any federal program that would absolve all or a portion of what we owed ($18,000). But what they could do was to reinstate an installment agreement with the I.R.S. that once in effect our annuities would no longer be levied as long as we made payments on that agreement. This is something we could have done ourselves. Optima did not represent protect or negotiate on our behalf with the I.R.S. It's a SCAM and we regret doing business with them.

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I paid a lot of money to have Optima Tax Relief help me settle my debt with IRS. They did my taxes. I had an email account closed on my that had all the information for them. I called several times, emailed a few times and was asked to give a time when an agent would call. I did that but, they either did not call or they called at another time when I could not talk to them. I talked to several people there but, I believe I just got the run around. I lost a lot of money to them.

Resolution response: March 11, 2022

We have reached an agreement.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Be careful with these guys. I am a service comnected disabled female veteran and this is NOT OK! Their responsiveness and communication is great until you make your final payment to start the resolution process then boom! Crickets. I've filed a BBB complaint about these folks and am trying to battle finalizing my tax issue with the IRS myself, even though I paid them $1500 and absolutely NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER. Jennifer ** should be ashamed of herself for handling a client like this. I have multiple notices from the IRS and have no way of even getting an update from anyone with this company on what I'm supposed to do or not do. After making numerous phone calls I finally got someone on the phone who tells me I was reassigned to a Devin **. He is also "unavailable" just like Jennifer **. This is completely unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I am writing this review as a warning to all possible future clients of Optima Tax Relief. This is all the stuff they will not tell you. They prey upon you because you're in a bad spot and you want to be protected from the IRS. Let me tell you what my experience was with this company. They say they have a 2-phase process; it really has three phrases. The 1st phase is to collect your money for themselves. So, in my case I owed the IRS quite a bit of money, over 100k. They offered to take my case for around 10k, which I had to finance. I filled out a power of attorney for them to represent me with the IRS. Then nothing happened with my case until I had paid the full amount. Which took about 14 months to pay.

They say they will protect you from liens and garnishments, but what they really mean is we can protect you from those actions after you have entered a payment plan with the IRS. Which they won’t really pursue for you until they get all their funds. The result of their protection is I had a lien placed on my house from the IRS for the full the amount I owed them. In fact, at one point, they asked for my tax documents so they could do my taxes for me or go through them, it was never clear what they wanted to do. At any rate they never followed through with any kind of analysis of my tax situation or nor did they ever do my taxes. After the 14 months they told me I had to enter into a 2900 dollar a month payment plan with the IRS, because that is what the IRS wants me to pay. I asked, "Aren't you guys supposed to negotiate an affordable plan for me?"

They said, "We must accept the payment plan the IRS offers based on your financial situation, all calculated by the IRS." Now mind you this is all something you can do for yourself. Once you get into a payment plan with the IRS then apparently is when the Optima Tax Relief magic happens. But to be honest this is where all my confidence in the process left me. I struggled to get them to call me back, I spent far more time on hold than actually speaking to people. I struggled with being told things I felt they could not deliver on.

All they kept saying to me is accept the payment plan and then we can protect you. I got the opportunity to refi my home and decided to roll the IRS into that refi to remove the lien. All I needed was payoff statement from the IRS to get this completed. I asked Optima to provide this for me. Seven calls and two weeks later I got so fed up trying to get this from them. I called the IRS directly and asked for this document, fifteen minutes later I had the doc. Call the IRS, see if you qualify for hardship or fresh start programs. The IRS wants to work with you, they want their money and realize every person is different. Save yourself the money and hassle of dealing with these guys. I wish I had.

Original review: June 30, 2021

My experience with Optima Tax Relief has been extremely positive. They treated me with respect and advised me on everything I needed to complete for each step of the process. Every question I had was answered, and every expectation was explained. Dealing with the IRS and tax law can be very difficult. The professionals at Optima helped me understand what needed to be accomplished and when. I would suggest their service to anyone that has outstanding tax Debt.

Optima Tax Relief response

Thank you David! We understand working with the IRS can be a difficult and time-consuming experience, so we're proud to have stepped in for you! Congrats!

Original review: June 28, 2021

I had saw the commercial and ads for Optima long a long time before I decided to give them a call and I’m so glad I did, the best decision of my life. I owed almost $20,000 to the IRS. They help me put this behind me and I didn’t have to pay the IRS anything. Thanks Optima.

Optima Tax Relief response

We're so glad you finally called us, Rita! So many of our clients say they "wish they had called sooner!" Thank you again.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I paid Optima Tax relief $5000 to literally do nothing for me but take my money get my wages garnished and mis-filed my taxes. To top it off, when I filed a complaint with the State of CA, the response from Optima Tax relief was far from the truth on all accounts. They even disagreed with me claiming the fact I am a single mother of 4, embellished my income and stated absolute lies. I am now dealing with my tax issues on my own and trying to recover from the financial destruction Optima Tax Relief created. Don't get sucked into their trap. They will financially obligate you to pay them instead of your taxes, they do not speak with the IRS or taxing authorities and they do not help you. My fight with them is not through.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I was 100% satisfied with my experience at Optima. They took the time to work with me on a one on one basis to resolve my tax issues. I feel that they were an affordable and effective solution to my tax problem. They filed old returns that needed to be taken care of and helped me with the legal side of dealing with the IRS. I could not of done this on my own. They were instrumental in getting me a good settlement and payment plan.

Optima Tax Relief response

Thank you Dennis! We work one-on-one with our clients to ensure an excellent experience. Congratulations on a great resolution.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Optima Tax Relief is a very professional service and I would recommend anyone to them. They have made my life a lot easier by handling my Tax problems with the IRS, it was very difficult to deal with the irs with calls and dealing with the paperwork but Optima tax relief handled all that for me and I couldn't have been more pleased.

Optima Tax Relief response

Thanks Monica, it's been great to work with you!

Take a Financial Relief Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Optima Tax Relief Company Information