2. Tax Relief

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Optima Tax Relief specializes in helping individuals deal with aggressive collection by the IRS and state tax agencies. The team at Optima includes seasoned tax attorneys and enrolled agents that are approved by the IRS to represent American taxpayers. The firm is well versed in tax negotiation and settlement, IRS audit defense, levies and liens, wage garnishment and back taxes.

BOTTOM LINE

Optima Tax Relief is an industry leader with an experienced staff. They provide quality tax relief services and protection against the IRS and state tax agencies.

PROS

• Available nationwide
  • 15-day money back satisfaction guarantee
  • Tax attorneys on staff

CONS

• Minimum debt required

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Owe $10k Or More In Back Taxes?

Work with a professional tax relief expert to reduce your debt.

Get Matched Now

Optima Tax Relief services

Optima Tax relief offers a variety of tax solutions and assistance, including tax liability investigation and resolution proposals, tax preparation and compliance, and tax settlement and negotiation.

The company has vast experience with several common resolutions, including:

• Offer in Compromise (OIC)
  • Penalty Abatement
  • Installment Agreement
  • Partial Pay Installment Agreement (PPIA)
  • Tax lien discharge
  • Statute of limitations
  • Collection appeal
  • Administration appeal
  • Administrative appeal

How does Optima Tax Relief work?

Optima Tax Relief breaks down its simple process into four easy steps: consultation, investigation, resolution and freedom.

The initial consultation is 100% free and includes discussing your tax concerns with a member of the Optima Tax Relief team, allowing them to assess the situation and decide which tax solution is appropriate for your case.

Once you begin official work with Optima, the investigation begins, and typically takes two to four weeks to complete. In this phase, the professionals at Optima Tax Relief will establish communication with the IRS and review case summary options.

From there, Optima will begin working on a resolution with the IRS for your case. This stage will be the longest part of the process, and the firm estimates it will take anywhere from three to nine months.

Optima Tax Relief FAQ

How much does Optima Tax Relief cost?

Unfortunately, there is no pricing available for Optima Tax Relief on its website; however, this is common for any tax relief company as each case can be vastly different from the next. For any prices, make sure to book a free consultation — once an Optima Tax Relief representative understands your unique situation, they should be able to provide accurate numbers before moving forward.

With research, we found other sites say that the average fee for services is $4,000 with a minimum of $10,000 in tax debt required to qualify for assistance.

Does Optima Tax Relief offer any type of guarantee?
Yes. Optima Tax advertises a 15-day money-back satisfaction guarantee. This guarantee means you can cancel without any fees or penalties should you be dissatisfied with services within the first 15-days of working with the company.

Do we recommend Optima Tax Relief?

Optima Tax Relief is a leader in the industry and provides high-quality assistance with several appealing tax relief solutions. Their policies and core values are laid out on their site in clear terms, and their list of services for tax relief needs are very comprehensive. Based on online reviews, it looks like the minimum required debt to enroll in one of their programs is $10,000. Should you find yourself in $10,000 in tax debt and need help, we recommend considering a consultation with Optima Tax Relief.

Optima Tax Relief Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optima Tax Relief?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optima Tax Relief?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Well I was very frustrated about my taxes over the last ten years. So I was looking up a company to help me with my tax problems and when I searched for the BEST company to help me, Optima was ranked #1. So that is when I called them and they listened to my complaining and when they replied, I was beginning to smile when I heard them saying how they would be able to help me. Now, if I hear a friend talking about their situation in taxes, I will discuss this with them and give them the phone #...

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Omg. Optima Tax really blessed me... The IRS wanted me to pay 700 a month after optima tax preparedness my taxes. I only had to pay 258 a month .. What I love about this company is you really do nothing. Really. They work hard for you and all you have to do is relax and they have great payment plans that will match your budget and even after my taxes was done optima tax still contact me to make sure I’m ok and if I had any questions ... if you need anyone to help you with back taxes go to optima tax. You won’t be disappointed.

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Regarding my experience with Optima Tax. There are times in your life where you have to make a decision and move forward where you are unsure of the outcome. Taxes can be complicated but dealing with the IRS by your self is a losing situation. We chose Optima Tax to help us with our tax situation based on three criteria. 1) Honesty, 2) Professionalism and 3) Results. There are other Tax companies out there but Optima is the best. Easy to work with, easy payment solutions and affordable. Do your self a favor and contact Optima Tax today. You'll be happy you did. Regards, M. Hudson NC

Original review: July 16, 2020

We are pleased with Optima Tax Relief and its employees, especially Ronnie, our tax preparer. Ronnie went the extra mile to make sure our tax needs were met even during an unprecedented public health crisis. Expertise, attention to detail, and a customer service oriented approach are the hallmarks of Optima Tax Relief. We are safely sheltering in place with tremendous peace of mind because we are in good hands with this wonderful company. The sky is the limit now that our tax preparation is in the good hands of the people at Optima Tax Relief. This is a human centered company who truly cares about helping other human beings when they need it most!

Original review: June 29, 2020

Optima Tax Relief help me. I'm a truck driver, few years ago, I decided to lease a truck, You know having the freedom of having your own way to go anywhere you want. And really make it my home on wheels. Anyway, with a truck payment and not getting the miles that I needed to make payments and other bills I had to pay for, I found myself getting behind, especially coming up on taxes. The more I tried to make more money the further I got behind.

Well, by a couple more years I tried to make it, Now I am desperate. I couldn't even buy any food for the week. Then when it came to do taxes I was already late, I had back taxes to do. I decided to leave the truck behind and find a different job. OK so I was still owed back taxes. I was wondering how I was going to pay taxes. I heard about Optima Tax. Well gave them a call. Optima Tax help me with my back taxes. After settling my case, I didn't owe much to the IRS. Optima Tax Relief help me save money. And now I am back up on my feet. Optima Tax help me, They can help you. Thanks. Optima Tax.

Original review: March 27, 2021

I waited a couple of weeks to write this, as I was so angry (and still am) about this entire process. I had one year of a tax filing that needed to be explained, and it took them 9 months to tell me that they basically couldn't do anything but get me a payment plan. I paid them almost $7,000 for this service, plus, I get to pay all the penalties and interest that accumulated while they dragged their feet. Oh yes, the IRS continued to add interest to my account while we waited on Optima. I've not read anyone paying what I paid, and guaranteed, I could have gotten this deal myself. It is nothing but a payment plan. They don't negotiate your penalties and interest. You have to fill out a form and do that yourself. They don't offer any suggestions or help with this at all.

So, basically, I filed my taxes for that tax year, and waited on Optima for 9 months to get something done, and did not get one break..., not one. All taxes have to be paid in full, plus penalties and interest..., oh, but I did get a payment plan. All for the low cost of $7,000. I would certainly do more research and check out other firms first if I had to do it all over again. But having never been in this situation before, I was truly naive. Please don't make the same mistake I made. This is the biggest scam ever.

Original review: March 8, 2021

Be very leery of any service that requires full payment up front. I did not have a good experience and I lost thousands of dollars with no results to show for it. I finally had to pay more money for a tax attorney.

Optima Tax Relief response

Thank you for your feedback. Upon receiving your review, we've been diligently trying to locate you in our system but your review didn’t provide enough identifiable information to locate you. We welcome you to call (800) 965-3192 to speak with one of our QA Specialists, whenever you are ready. We will be more than happy to speak with you directly about your concerns. We truly hope you provide us with an opportunity to turn your experience around, and we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Original review: March 1, 2021

They will promise the moon and the stars to get you to sign. I would love to give 0 stars! Our experience was TERRIBLE! They will charge you thousands of dollars and not do any real work. Our personal experience and the experience of many others, as found on the Better Business Bureau website is that they will never do any work. We have been with them for over a year and they have not made any progress or reduced any penalties and the payment plan that we set up ourselves with the IRS, is still the same payment plan. They stated that they would file the current taxes and that was a year ago. Of course, they never filed the taxes.

We finally had to go to HR Block because the IRS was threatening us with additional fees. Do not sign up with this company. They will take your money and get nothing accomplished. Just review them on BBB. org. The numerous complaints listed are textbook Optima. You will never get serviced. Optima's playbook: Step 1: They will take all your money (thousands), contact you numerous times requesting the same docs, stating that they never received them, although you have your confirmations.

Step 2: You are now outside of a window of when they claim you are eligible to receive a refund. Step 3: It's been months and no response from them, and you are growing weary and feeling defeated. Step 4: You see no results and want a refund. Oh wait, you are outside of their refund window and they offer you a very small amount to go away. Step 5: You take the money so that you can at least recover something and not lose all your money! Do not sign with this company.

Fyi: Beginning of February 2021, I told them I would bring awareness to their unethical business practices, through our personal experience. Since then, a lot of positive reviews have populated, especially on the BBB website; however, you should review the reviews prior to that timeframe to get to the truth!

Optima Tax Relief response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We want to assure you that we strive to provide the highest quality of customer service as well as obtain the best resolution for our clients. In light of receiving your comments, we have notified our QA team and expedited your case to those solely dedicated to addressing and resolving your specific concerns. We encourage you to continue working with us so that we can address your concerns to your complete satisfaction.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I contacted Optima Tax Relief for assistance with correcting a problem with the IRS. They listen to my problem and assured me they could help correct it. I believed them because their advertisements guarantee they will fix your problem or refund your money. That was lie. They took my money and just reviewed all the documents I sent to them. The only time I heard from them was when I called. They never call or send emails. You have to contact them for updates and then you get excuses about your case. I waited almost a year for them to tell me "Well it looks like we cannot do anything to fix your problem, so the best for you is to pay the IRS the money back." Almost $3,000 just for that. They are not an accredited company. They don't even call or contact the IRS for you. If you want a refund, they will give you back a small portion just try and please you. They have false advertisements that say they are the best. They are the worst.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

I contacted Optima Tax Relief on or about October 2020 and spoke to a representative named Nik who made me false promises and talked me into giving them over 90% of my SSI per month for 7 months to help me with an IRS problem. I then had MAJOR issues getting assistance or help and never heard from Nik again. I was later put in touch with Leah who said my case had been passed to someone else who supposedly "left me a message". I asked to cancel my services because I did not get the assistance I was promised. I was told that I could cancel but I would only get back around $1200 but I paid them over $2000. I was told they could not help me unless I was available all the time by phone but Nik said emails were fine since I am disabled.

I was LIED to and now I have been told I have until 1/28/2021 to make a decision to keep the services or accept the offer of $1200. Optima tax relief has done NOTHING to help me with my debt at all. They are NOT available for one-on-one help as promised and in fact very condescending and threatening to me. I feel as though I have been taken advantage of to the highest degree by vultures, using my disability against me as well as taking almost all of my income during Covid-19 and refusing to reimburse me all of my funds. If you go to the website for Business Consumer Alliance and look up the complaints, they are all VERY similar to mine and Optima Tax relief refunded all those people their money in full but not me.

I feel like they took advantage of my mental handicap and are trying to strong arm me into signing a contract for settlement or continuance. They said they received my complaint from the BCA but would NOT offer me a full refund as they did all the others. That is discrimination at the highest level and I will NOT give up my rights or my SSI payments to them when they can't be bothered to keep promises.

Optima Tax Relief Company Information