2. Tax Relief

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.67/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Optima Tax Relief specializes in helping individuals deal with aggressive collection by the IRS and state tax agencies. The team at Optima includes seasoned tax attorneys and enrolled agents that are approved by the IRS to represent American taxpayers. The firm is well versed in tax negotiation and settlement, IRS audit defense, levies and liens, wage garnishment and back taxes.

BOTTOM LINE

Optima Tax Relief is an industry leader with an experienced staff. They provide quality tax relief services and protection against the IRS and state tax agencies.

PROS

• Available nationwide
  • 15-day money back satisfaction guarantee
  • Tax attorneys on staff

CONS

• Minimum debt required
Optima Tax Relief Learn More

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Owe $10k Or More In Back Taxes?

Work with a professional tax relief expert to reduce your debt.

Get Matched Now

Optima Tax Relief services

Optima Tax relief offers a variety of tax solutions and assistance, including tax liability investigation and resolution proposals, tax preparation and compliance, and tax settlement and negotiation.

The company has vast experience with several common resolutions, including:

• Offer in Compromise (OIC)
  • Penalty Abatement
  • Installment Agreement
  • Partial Pay Installment Agreement (PPIA)
  • Tax lien discharge
  • Statute of limitations
  • Collection appeal
  • Administration appeal
  • Administrative appeal

How does Optima Tax Relief work?

Optima Tax Relief breaks down its simple process into four easy steps: consultation, investigation, resolution and freedom.

The initial consultation is 100% free and includes discussing your tax concerns with a member of the Optima Tax Relief team, allowing them to assess the situation and decide which tax solution is appropriate for your case.

Once you begin official work with Optima, the investigation begins, and typically takes two to four weeks to complete. In this phase, the professionals at Optima Tax Relief will establish communication with the IRS and review case summary options.

From there, Optima will begin working on a resolution with the IRS for your case. This stage will be the longest part of the process, and the firm estimates it will take anywhere from three to nine months.

Optima Tax Relief FAQ

How much does Optima Tax Relief cost?

Unfortunately, there is no pricing available for Optima Tax Relief on its website; however, this is common for any tax relief company as each case can be vastly different from the next. For any prices, make sure to book a free consultation — once an Optima Tax Relief representative understands your unique situation, they should be able to provide accurate numbers before moving forward.

With research, we found other sites say that the average fee for services is $4,000 with a minimum of $10,000 in tax debt required to qualify for assistance.

Does Optima Tax Relief offer any type of guarantee?
Yes. Optima Tax advertises a 15-day money-back satisfaction guarantee. This guarantee means you can cancel without any fees or penalties should you be dissatisfied with services within the first 15-days of working with the company.

Do we recommend Optima Tax Relief?

Optima Tax Relief is a leader in the industry and provides high-quality assistance with several appealing tax relief solutions. Their policies and core values are laid out on their site in clear terms, and their list of services for tax relief needs are very comprehensive. Based on online reviews, it looks like the minimum required debt to enroll in one of their programs is $10,000. Should you find yourself in $10,000 in tax debt and need help, we recommend considering a consultation with Optima Tax Relief.

Optima Tax Relief Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optima Tax Relief?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optima Tax Relief?

Original review: June 29, 2020

Optima Tax Relief help me. I'm a truck driver, few years ago, I decided to lease a truck, You know having the freedom of having your own way to go anywhere you want. And really make it my home on wheels. Anyway, with a truck payment and not getting the miles that I needed to make payments and other bills I had to pay for, I found myself getting behind, especially coming up on taxes. The more I tried to make more money the further I got behind.

Well, by a couple more years I tried to make it, Now I am desperate. I couldn't even buy any food for the week. Then when it came to do taxes I was already late, I had back taxes to do. I decided to leave the truck behind and find a different job. OK so I was still owed back taxes. I was wondering how I was going to pay taxes. I heard about Optima Tax. Well gave them a call. Optima Tax help me with my back taxes. After settling my case, I didn't owe much to the IRS. Optima Tax Relief help me save money. And now I am back up on my feet. Optima Tax help me, They can help you. Thanks. Optima Tax.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I've had tax issues for 20 plus years. I feared everyday I would get a collection call, garnishment, bank and/ or home levy. Can you imagine?? I'm a church leader. How could I, a leader talk about rendering to Caesar whats due Caesar and yet I'm not paying my taxes. I felt if my congregation knew, my reputation and life would be ruined. Because I knew I was very very delinquent, I felt like the "scum of the earth" and a "dead beat" citizen. Not paying my taxes made me not able to apply for a desired house loan.

I saw the Optima TV advertisement and kept saying the ad was speaking to me. The ad was so convincing. Yet I was feeling I was a case they could not help. I made that call. The person I talked to made my guilt roll away. I heard they could and would help me. I procrastinated over a year in getting the requested documents to Optima. How could I mess up a second chance? I ignored the courtesy calls and emails from Optima. One day I called them wanting to see if I had a chance to get back on track. They welcomed me, helped me get my documents and actually made me realize they were there just just waiting on me.

Optima was quick after they received my documents; they started on my case right away. They sent emails confirming they had my documents and a completion timeline. OMG!!!! the day came when they called and said I owe NOTHING. I could have fainted.....NOTHING???? Break it down, "NOT A THING" No more guilt, shame or dodging. Everyday since, I can stick my chest out knowing my taxes are paid. Thank you Optima you have turned my life around.

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Optima Tax turned a disastrous personal year that I had in 2018 into a wonderful ending. In 2018 I had an infection that entered my spinal column that ended up causing me additional back surgery. The same infection then entered my left knee replacement causing operation number 2 and was followed by operation 3 with putting the knee replacement back in. I also suffered an accident while preparing to go to the hospital that caused me to lose a finger. I suffered almost 10 months of that year and ended up selling my eleven year old business for half of what it was worth. I used that money to pay off business debts. However, I was left with a large debt to the IRS and some business credit card expense I could not pay. I was forced to retire a year early just to have an income to survive. I decided to use Optima based on what I have heard about them and I’m so glad that I did.

The point is this, OPTIMA TAX RELIEF CARED ABOUT ME AND MY SITUATION. They made sure that legally the IRS was informed of my circumstances. It was a long wait but we eventually got to the point of making an offer in compromise. The offer in compromise was recently accepted by the IRS and a HUGE tax debt was forgiven by them.

I remember the day I received that letter from the IRS, I was shaking before I opened the envelope. I had gone through so much medically that changed my life so dramatically that I was hesitant to open the envelope. I opened that envelope on that day to see that the IRS had accepted the offer in compromise. I can never remember in my life a time when I cried from happiness. I cried so hard only topped by the day I lost my wife to cancer 9 years ago. I could recommend Optima Tax Relief any higher for the way they handled my situation. Believe me the credit card companies could care less about life changing events. OPTIMA TAX RELIEF CARES ABOUT YOU!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

This is the second time I've used Optima Tax Relief. Originally I heard them about them through a friend. So I decided to use their services. I owed the IRS for multiple tax years. I was struggling to make payments and penalties kept adding up. Luis **, who Optima assigned as my tax professional, was very helpful and understanding. He made the process seem very simple and made sure that I understood every step of the way. Having great customer service is very important to me and on top of this, Luis's response time to any email, document submitted or phone call was very prompt.

Another great aspect about Optima is that they have a web portal that allows you to keep up with your case and any requests that may be pending. This allowed me to make sure I was doing everything correctly and on time to help speed up the process of getting my case resolved. At the end of the day, Optima's team was able to negotiate with the IRS to get my penalties waived and set up a great payment plan that I was comfortable with. If you have tax issues, please don't wait and let them pile up. I recommend Optima Tax Relief if you are looking for great customer service, easy account access, savings and tax resolutions.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Let me start by saying that I had used a competitor of Optima Tax Relief a few years back. I spent several thousand dollars and got absolutely nowhere. So I was very skeptical in the beginning about signing on with Optima. The “other” tax company is no longer in business and I still had the same IRS tax problems except now the IRS was getting very serious about me paying my back taxes. In the beginning I owed almost $35,000.00 dollars in back taxes. After a couple of conversations with the people at Optima, I started to feel comfortable with their process. I explained in detail the nightmare I had experienced with the “other” tax company and the reason for my skepticism. The “other” company had been nationally known and even had national TV ads. They were very aggressive in what they everything but guaranteed they could do for me.

I eventually signed on with Optima, and everything went as planned! Everything that went wrong with the “other” company was totally the opposite with Optima. For example:

• I wouldn’t hear from anyone with the “other” company – Optima kept me informed from the beginning, every step of the way.
    • I would call in to the “other” company and no one could find my file or it had been reassigned to another agent, who is not available – with Optima I always knew who had my case and I always had contact information, and everyone was always so polite to deal with.

• The “other” company would make decisions about my case without ever consulting with me – With Optima I was involved with every decision every step of the way.

In the end my case was settled for $1800.00 dollars!! Above and beyond my wildest expectations. I can’t promise you that Optima can do for you what they did for me. But I honestly feel they are your best choice for help in resolving any back tax issues you may have. I would definitely recommend Optima Tax Relief to any of my family or friends with IRS back tax issues.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I heard Optima Tax Relief ad on my XM Radio CNN Channel. I called them up, they sounded highly professional and took $500 just to start my application. I owed $28,000 to IRS from Stocks sales that I did not report. This included ~ $10,000 in fines and interest. The rep told me he can get most waived and will settle it for pennies. After few weeks he called and wanted me to pay $4,000 to get their services with no relief from IRS. I was to pay the entire amount I owed. I went to my CPA. Explained him the situation, he got my late charges removed and some interest as well and I have to pay now only $20,000 with the payment plan of $480 per month. Please do get scammed by these Optima(l) scam. Go to your CPA. He/she will help you far better than these scammers.

Optima Tax Relief response

Hi Mr. Azim, we hear you and we thank you for sending in feedback. We want to emphasize that we take our client's concerns very seriously and we seek to solve all issues brought to our attention immediately, such as yours. In fact, delivering excellence to all of our clients is central to our mission, and we would truly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly so that you can provide us with additional details. One of our dedicated Quality Assurance Specialists has already been m

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

This organization is a scam. They are completely and utterly inept at managing detailed tax returns. Their ultimate goal is to leave you hanging until every dime is squeezed out of your bank account. Optima can only handle those types of returns that utilize BASIC formats. You remember, the same forms you alone could easily complete to account for part time employment during your high school and/or college years! I am so happy I caught on to their thievery!!!

Optima Tax Relief response

We sincerely appreciate the feedback you provided. We want assure you that we strive to provide the highest quality of customer service as well as obtaining the best resolution for our clients.

In light of receiving your comments, we have notified our QA team and expedited your case to a Specialist dedicated to addressing and resolving your specific concerns. They will be reaching out to you ASAP, and we encourage you to continue working with us so that we can address the issues.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Optima helped me out with my tax problems. I highly recommend Optima to anyone that has any tax problems. I thought I owed back taxes but Optima got me a refund which was great. They communicated with me thru the whole process.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

When I first found out about my IRS problems I was devastated. Optima walked me through all the troubles that I had no idea how to do. I recommend Optima to all the people that feel they have nowhere to go. Optima is the place for safety from the IRS.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I was doubtful Optima could help my overwhelming situation. Looking back, they provided excellent professional service, and treated me like a human being. My case manager's name was Deshon **. She reassured me throughout the process that things would work out fine. When I got the settlement call, it was such "Good News" I asked Deshon to "HOLD THE PHONE" while I did a happy dance, and I did!! I will gladly recommend the service to anyone in need of tax help. Keep Thriving Optima!!

Optima Tax Relief Company Information