2. Tax Relief

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.76/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Optima Tax Relief specializes in helping individuals deal with aggressive collection by the IRS and state tax agencies. The team at Optima includes seasoned tax attorneys and enrolled agents that are approved by the IRS to represent American taxpayers. The firm is well versed in tax negotiation and settlement, IRS audit defense, levies and liens, wage garnishment and back taxes.

BOTTOM LINE

Optima Tax Relief is an industry leader with an experienced staff. They provide quality tax relief services and protection against the IRS and state tax agencies.

PROS

• Available nationwide
  • 15-day money back satisfaction guarantee
  • Tax attorneys on staff

CONS

• Minimum debt required

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Owe $10k Or More In Back Taxes?

Work with a professional tax relief expert to reduce your debt.

Get Matched Now

Optima Tax Relief services

Optima Tax relief offers a variety of tax solutions and assistance, including tax liability investigation and resolution proposals, tax preparation and compliance, and tax settlement and negotiation.

The company has vast experience with several common resolutions, including:

• Offer in Compromise (OIC)
  • Penalty Abatement
  • Installment Agreement
  • Partial Pay Installment Agreement (PPIA)
  • Tax lien discharge
  • Statute of limitations
  • Collection appeal
  • Administration appeal
  • Administrative appeal

How does Optima Tax Relief work?

Optima Tax Relief breaks down its simple process into four easy steps: consultation, investigation, resolution and freedom.

The initial consultation is 100% free and includes discussing your tax concerns with a member of the Optima Tax Relief team, allowing them to assess the situation and decide which tax solution is appropriate for your case.

Once you begin official work with Optima, the investigation begins, and typically takes two to four weeks to complete. In this phase, the professionals at Optima Tax Relief will establish communication with the IRS and review case summary options.

From there, Optima will begin working on a resolution with the IRS for your case. This stage will be the longest part of the process, and the firm estimates it will take anywhere from three to nine months.

Optima Tax Relief FAQ

How much does Optima Tax Relief cost?

Unfortunately, there is no pricing available for Optima Tax Relief on its website; however, this is common for any tax relief company as each case can be vastly different from the next. For any prices, make sure to book a free consultation — once an Optima Tax Relief representative understands your unique situation, they should be able to provide accurate numbers before moving forward.

With research, we found other sites say that the average fee for services is $4,000 with a minimum of $10,000 in tax debt required to qualify for assistance.

Does Optima Tax Relief offer any type of guarantee?
Yes. Optima Tax advertises a 15-day money-back satisfaction guarantee. This guarantee means you can cancel without any fees or penalties should you be dissatisfied with services within the first 15-days of working with the company.

Do we recommend Optima Tax Relief?

Optima Tax Relief is a leader in the industry and provides high-quality assistance with several appealing tax relief solutions. Their policies and core values are laid out on their site in clear terms, and their list of services for tax relief needs are very comprehensive. Based on online reviews, it looks like the minimum required debt to enroll in one of their programs is $10,000. Should you find yourself in $10,000 in tax debt and need help, we recommend considering a consultation with Optima Tax Relief.

Optima Tax Relief Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2020

I've had tax issues for 20 plus years. I feared everyday I would get a collection call, garnishment, bank and/ or home levy. Can you imagine?? I'm a church leader. How could I, a leader talk about rendering to Caesar whats due Caesar and yet I'm not paying my taxes. I felt if my congregation knew, my reputation and life would be ruined. Because I knew I was very very delinquent, I felt like the "scum of the earth" and a "dead beat" citizen. Not paying my taxes made me not able to apply for a desired house loan.

I saw the Optima TV advertisement and kept saying the ad was speaking to me. The ad was so convincing. Yet I was feeling I was a case they could not help. I made that call. The person I talked to made my guilt roll away. I heard they could and would help me. I procrastinated over a year in getting the requested documents to Optima. How could I mess up a second chance? I ignored the courtesy calls and emails from Optima. One day I called them wanting to see if I had a chance to get back on track. They welcomed me, helped me get my documents and actually made me realize they were there just just waiting on me.

Optima was quick after they received my documents; they started on my case right away. They sent emails confirming they had my documents and a completion timeline. OMG!!!! the day came when they called and said I owe NOTHING. I could have fainted.....NOTHING???? Break it down, "NOT A THING" No more guilt, shame or dodging. Everyday since, I can stick my chest out knowing my taxes are paid. Thank you Optima you have turned my life around.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Optima Tax turned a disastrous personal year that I had in 2018 into a wonderful ending. In 2018 I had an infection that entered my spinal column that ended up causing me additional back surgery. The same infection then entered my left knee replacement causing operation number 2 and was followed by operation 3 with putting the knee replacement back in. I also suffered an accident while preparing to go to the hospital that caused me to lose a finger. I suffered almost 10 months of that year and ended up selling my eleven year old business for half of what it was worth. I used that money to pay off business debts. However, I was left with a large debt to the IRS and some business credit card expense I could not pay. I was forced to retire a year early just to have an income to survive. I decided to use Optima based on what I have heard about them and I’m so glad that I did.

The point is this, OPTIMA TAX RELIEF CARED ABOUT ME AND MY SITUATION. They made sure that legally the IRS was informed of my circumstances. It was a long wait but we eventually got to the point of making an offer in compromise. The offer in compromise was recently accepted by the IRS and a HUGE tax debt was forgiven by them.

I remember the day I received that letter from the IRS, I was shaking before I opened the envelope. I had gone through so much medically that changed my life so dramatically that I was hesitant to open the envelope. I opened that envelope on that day to see that the IRS had accepted the offer in compromise. I can never remember in my life a time when I cried from happiness. I cried so hard only topped by the day I lost my wife to cancer 9 years ago. I could recommend Optima Tax Relief any higher for the way they handled my situation. Believe me the credit card companies could care less about life changing events. OPTIMA TAX RELIEF CARES ABOUT YOU!

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

This is the second time I've used Optima Tax Relief. Originally I heard them about them through a friend. So I decided to use their services. I owed the IRS for multiple tax years. I was struggling to make payments and penalties kept adding up. Luis **, who Optima assigned as my tax professional, was very helpful and understanding. He made the process seem very simple and made sure that I understood every step of the way. Having great customer service is very important to me and on top of this, Luis's response time to any email, document submitted or phone call was very prompt.

Another great aspect about Optima is that they have a web portal that allows you to keep up with your case and any requests that may be pending. This allowed me to make sure I was doing everything correctly and on time to help speed up the process of getting my case resolved. At the end of the day, Optima's team was able to negotiate with the IRS to get my penalties waived and set up a great payment plan that I was comfortable with. If you have tax issues, please don't wait and let them pile up. I recommend Optima Tax Relief if you are looking for great customer service, easy account access, savings and tax resolutions.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

When I decided to choose a tax company to help me with my tax debt situation, I wondered if I should choose a company in Texas. I decided on Optima Tax Relief because of their high ratings from the BBB, individuals and other entities. Upon my first phone call with them, I felt immediate comfort in the kindness and professionalism exhibited by the personnel. Their patience and communication is A1. My computer skills are not strong, so when I had to provide paperwork to them, I was encouraged to use their “portal”. This caused me great concern but they patiently walked me through every step of the way. And when I still couldn’t use this method, they were very kind in allowing me the “old fashion way” of snail mail. They were sincerely trying to help me in every way possible in creating an easy and stress - free environment in a situation that can be very stressful. When it was all finished, the end result was better than I had expected. I am truly happy that I choose Optima and I encourage anyone considering a tax relief company to choose Optima.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Let me start by saying that I had used a competitor of Optima Tax Relief a few years back. I spent several thousand dollars and got absolutely nowhere. So I was very skeptical in the beginning about signing on with Optima. The “other” tax company is no longer in business and I still had the same IRS tax problems except now the IRS was getting very serious about me paying my back taxes. In the beginning I owed almost $35,000.00 dollars in back taxes. After a couple of conversations with the people at Optima, I started to feel comfortable with their process. I explained in detail the nightmare I had experienced with the “other” tax company and the reason for my skepticism. The “other” company had been nationally known and even had national TV ads. They were very aggressive in what they everything but guaranteed they could do for me.

I eventually signed on with Optima, and everything went as planned! Everything that went wrong with the “other” company was totally the opposite with Optima. For example:

• I wouldn’t hear from anyone with the “other” company – Optima kept me informed from the beginning, every step of the way.
    • I would call in to the “other” company and no one could find my file or it had been reassigned to another agent, who is not available – with Optima I always knew who had my case and I always had contact information, and everyone was always so polite to deal with.

• The “other” company would make decisions about my case without ever consulting with me – With Optima I was involved with every decision every step of the way.

In the end my case was settled for $1800.00 dollars!! Above and beyond my wildest expectations. I can’t promise you that Optima can do for you what they did for me. But I honestly feel they are your best choice for help in resolving any back tax issues you may have. I would definitely recommend Optima Tax Relief to any of my family or friends with IRS back tax issues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optima Tax Relief?

Original review: May 31, 2020

I owed the IRS a lot of money. Optima Tax Relief helped me to resolve my tax issues. They stopped the collection letters and provided me with an affordable payment plan. The staff was very courteous and professional.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I could not pay them back so I contacted Optima Rax Relief. They were able to get me a Non-Payable Status because I Could not pay back the $12,000. Optima Tax Relief was there for me from beginning to end. They did not harrass me but instead, worked with me all the way. I would highly recommend them to everybody and anybody who is struggling to pay back IRS. Try it for yourself because you will have someone right there beside you ALL THE STEP OF THE WAY! MS REGGI **

Original review: May 28, 2020

If you are having tax issues and don't know where to turn, call Optima Tax Relief. They have a team of experts that will assist you step by step with your tax liabilities and get you the help you need.

Original review: May 28, 2020

From the very first phone contact that I had it was very informative, professional and guided me through the entire process of how they would assist me with my IRS debt. I received bi-weekly updates along with correspondence informing me of the progress that was being made.

Original review: May 28, 2020

When I was at my wits end with threatening letters from the IRS, I called OTR. They set me up with a great team that stayed on top of my account from start to finish. Also, I appreciated the monthly payment agreement OTR offered.

Optima Tax Relief Company Information