2. Tax Relief

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.65/5

Get matched with the best Tax Relief company for you!

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Optima Tax Relief specializes in helping individuals deal with aggressive collection by the IRS and state tax agencies. The team at Optima includes seasoned tax attorneys and enrolled agents that are approved by the IRS to represent American taxpayers. The firm is well versed in tax negotiation and settlement, IRS audit defense, levies and liens, wage garnishment and back taxes.

BOTTOM LINE

Optima Tax Relief is an industry leader with an experienced staff. They provide quality tax relief services and protection against the IRS and state tax agencies.

PROS

• Available nationwide
  • 15-day money back satisfaction guarantee
  • Tax attorneys on staff

CONS

• Minimum debt required

Get matched with the best Tax Relief company for you!

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Optima Tax Relief services

Optima Tax relief offers a variety of tax solutions and assistance, including tax liability investigation and resolution proposals, tax preparation and compliance, and tax settlement and negotiation.

The company has vast experience with several common resolutions, including:

• Offer in Compromise (OIC)
  • Penalty Abatement
  • Installment Agreement
  • Partial Pay Installment Agreement (PPIA)
  • Tax lien discharge
  • Statute of limitations
  • Collection appeal
  • Administration appeal
  • Administrative appeal

How does Optima Tax Relief work?

Optima Tax Relief breaks down its simple process into four easy steps: consultation, investigation, resolution and freedom.

The initial consultation is 100% free and includes discussing your tax concerns with a member of the Optima Tax Relief team, allowing them to assess the situation and decide which tax solution is appropriate for your case.

Once you begin official work with Optima, the investigation begins, and typically takes two to four weeks to complete. In this phase, the professionals at Optima Tax Relief will establish communication with the IRS and review case summary options.

From there, Optima will begin working on a resolution with the IRS for your case. This stage will be the longest part of the process, and the firm estimates it will take anywhere from three to nine months.

Optima Tax Relief FAQ

How much does Optima Tax Relief cost?

Unfortunately, there is no pricing available for Optima Tax Relief on its website; however, this is common for any tax relief company as each case can be vastly different from the next. For any prices, make sure to book a free consultation — once an Optima Tax Relief representative understands your unique situation, they should be able to provide accurate numbers before moving forward.

With research, we found other sites say that the average fee for services is $4,000 with a minimum of $10,000 in tax debt required to qualify for assistance.

Does Optima Tax Relief offer any type of guarantee?
Yes. Optima Tax advertises a 15-day money-back satisfaction guarantee. This guarantee means you can cancel without any fees or penalties should you be dissatisfied with services within the first 15-days of working with the company.

Do we recommend Optima Tax Relief?

Optima Tax Relief is a leader in the industry and provides high-quality assistance with several appealing tax relief solutions. Their policies and core values are laid out on their site in clear terms, and their list of services for tax relief needs are very comprehensive. Based on online reviews, it looks like the minimum required debt to enroll in one of their programs is $10,000. Should you find yourself in $10,000 in tax debt and need help, we recommend considering a consultation with Optima Tax Relief.

Optima Tax Relief Reviews

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

When I decided to choose a tax company to help me with my tax debt situation, I wondered if I should choose a company in Texas. I decided on Optima Tax Relief because of their high ratings from the BBB, individuals and other entities. Upon my first phone call with them, I felt immediate comfort in the kindness and professionalism exhibited by the personnel. Their patience and communication is A1. My computer skills are not strong, so when I had to provide paperwork to them, I was encouraged to use their “portal”. This caused me great concern but they patiently walked me through every step of the way. And when I still couldn’t use this method, they were very kind in allowing me the “old fashion way” of snail mail. They were sincerely trying to help me in every way possible in creating an easy and stress - free environment in a situation that can be very stressful. When it was all finished, the end result was better than I had expected. I am truly happy that I choose Optima and I encourage anyone considering a tax relief company to choose Optima.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Let me start by saying that I had used a competitor of Optima Tax Relief a few years back. I spent several thousand dollars and got absolutely nowhere. So I was very skeptical in the beginning about signing on with Optima. The “other” tax company is no longer in business and I still had the same IRS tax problems except now the IRS was getting very serious about me paying my back taxes. In the beginning I owed almost $35,000.00 dollars in back taxes. After a couple of conversations with the people at Optima, I started to feel comfortable with their process. I explained in detail the nightmare I had experienced with the “other” tax company and the reason for my skepticism. The “other” company had been nationally known and even had national TV ads. They were very aggressive in what they everything but guaranteed they could do for me.

I eventually signed on with Optima, and everything went as planned! Everything that went wrong with the “other” company was totally the opposite with Optima. For example:

• I wouldn’t hear from anyone with the “other” company – Optima kept me informed from the beginning, every step of the way.
• I would call in to the “other” company and no one could find my file or it had been reassigned to another agent, who is not available – with Optima I always knew who had my case and I always had contact information, and everyone was always so polite to deal with.

• The “other” company would make decisions about my case without ever consulting with me – With Optima I was involved with every decision every step of the way.

In the end my case was settled for $1800.00 dollars!! Above and beyond my wildest expectations. I can’t promise you that Optima can do for you what they did for me. But I honestly feel they are your best choice for help in resolving any back tax issues you may have. I would definitely recommend Optima Tax Relief to any of my family or friends with IRS back tax issues.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Hello, I found myself in tax trouble & realized I needed professional help. So I called Optima Tax Relief & explained my situation to them & they assured me that they could provide the help I needed. Please be ready to discuss your tax situation in detail & be honest. The process can be lengthy due to time in response from the IRS regarding your case. But the peace of mind in knowing you're in good hands with the professionals at Optima Tax relief for me relieved me of tremendous stress that I didn't need. I can assure you that if you give them the opportunity, you will be treated with Respect, Understanding, Compassion & Outstanding Service. Thank you Optima Tax Relief for helping me see the light in an otherwise dark time for me!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Optimal Tax Relief came in handy for me and my boyfriend. We were in deep IRS debt and wasn’t sure what we were going to do. We came across Optima Tax online and decided to give them a try. They were able to get us the help we needed right away by stopping the levies immediately. They then talked to us about a plan to get caught up on our taxes and get out of trouble with the IRS. It’s scary when you owe the IRS, but it was nice to know that there was help when we needed it. And the best part of everything was the great price they gave us for the work and the payment plan they allowed us to have. It was affordable. We would recommend Optima Tax to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Because of moving and losing a house and my job along with my heart attack and my husband's motorcycle accident and me another heart attack our tax info got lost and we didn't file our taxes then it's like how do we file and who can help us file old taxes - we saw an ad for Optima Tax Relief - We called and spoke with Alex **. He calmed us and said the company could help us. We let him know we didn't have any tax info except for social security info. Alex said that would not be a problem for them. They took what little we had and did all the work for us and got our taxes all straighten out. We can breathe again- like their name says it gave us Relief from the Fear and worry over the IRS!!! Optima Tax Relief has Miracle Workers in Alex ** - Hany ** and Michelle ** they are Amazing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optima Tax Relief?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Buyer beware of their tactics - canned responses and no follow up. Waiting from December to hear back from their management staff regarding how we've been treated. Got the first return call today 39 days late - waiting since last year. Their Sr. Account person - zero customer skills - what a waste of time. They will not accept any responsibility for their poor customer service. The person was rude and unprofessional. I've detailed our reasons for our dissatisfaction & provided to Optima's rep. last year (found out he quit). Nobody calling us to informed us nobody calling back responding to our hope somebody cared. Provided our details reason(s) for our dissatisfaction - only to be threaten by their "Sr Rep."

Stay away. Optima will lead you to a place where they keep you engaged until you've paid for their services. No tax relief - just a whole lot of money spent for a IRS payment plan. Use the money and see a tax attorney - not Optima. People seek these services because they're in need. Optima will gladly take your money and lead you down a path and tell you a payment plan is the only way and cut you loose. No extra effort from them and representatives who talk and respond like their reading from a scripted response sheet. Stay away. Stay away. Requested to speak to a more senior person at Optima. They said "no way". This is as high as it goes - which is another lie. Please pass this along.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

They were very helpful and explained everything every step of the way. I was admittedly hesitant with turning my information over in the beginning. But that feeling was quickly diminished with a trusted friend's recommendation and how thorough and informative they are. I'm still going to have to pay the IRS but at least I get to keep my paycheck :).

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I owed taxes 2 years in a row. I feared getting waged garnished, my stress levels were very high. One day I saw an Optima Tax Relief commercial and decided to see if they could help me. I probably sound like the people in the commercials, but they were able to help me. They kept my monthly IRS payments lower than what I expected to pay and Optima's fees were not expensive. I am definitely pleased with the results.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I had a great experience with Optima Tax Relief. They made the whole process extremely smooth and I was never left in the dark. What a stress relief! My tax issues were taken care of and I feel I received the best results possible.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Optima provided a first rate experience and resolved my issue in a very satisfactory manner. The process was an extended test of patience but Optima's team provided quality communication and professionally resolved my issue in a very satisfactory manner. All members of Optima's team were cordial when communicating and provided realist and honest feedback. This was an excellent decision to call Optima and I was personally blessed by the experience. All tax issues resolved and overall a job well done by Optima's team.

Not sure about Optima Tax Relief?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right tax relief company for you.

Optima Tax Relief Company Information