Based on 8 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a tax relief service?

Tax Defense Partners

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 20, 2018

8 Tax Defense Partners Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Tax Defense Partners helped me with my bankruptcy last year. They were very helpful and answered my questions in a timely manner. These guys are very professional and definitely know what they're doing. They even helped me almost a year after my case. If you want your bankruptcy done in a timely manner, go with Tax Defense Partners. They'll make you feel less stressed about filing. Great service.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Tax Defense Partners was there for me when I needed them. At the time I was dealing with so many obstacles in my life and the IRS was one of them. Their team kept things professional and were compassionate and understanding of my situation. I believe they did everything in their power to help me and I’d like to thank them for that. Tax Defense Partners are in my opinion one of the best firms out there. Sure, you might be able to find a tax attorney who will charge you less but the results would be correspondent with the price you pay. If you are looking for a quality firm that brings you results that you will be satisfied with, then Tax Defense Partners are your best bet.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I am extremely satisfied with my experience with Tax Defense Partners and am thankful that I found out about them just in time to take care of my taxes. I needed to make sure that my taxes were filed correctly since I had issues with local tax attorneys in the past. TDP was over-achieving in every aspect and definitely knew what they were doing. I had trouble with the IRS and owed them a nice chunk of money but their team came to the rescue. They nearly erased my debt and saved me a great deal of money... They dealt with the IRS on my behalf and I am beyond happy with the result. Thank you again for everything!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

April ** at Tax Defense Partners has been a true Godsend to me. She negotiated with my State to get my garnishment from $1200 a month down to $225. She is always available to answer my questions, has listened and been empathetic to my tax situation. She is responsible for me being able to sleep again at night. Was well worth the money!!! Thank you April and Tax Defense Partners!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I had gotten myself into considerable debt with the IRS. So much so, I wasn't sure if I could have ever found relief on my own. After hearing about Tax Defense Partners, both on the Rush Limbaugh Program, and from my father, I decided I needed to at least try to do something about my problem. I called TDP and spoke with a gentleman who first explained the company. He then took my particulars, explained the fee structure, and verified that he believed they could help. I agreed and posted the retainer.

Shortly after, all collections processes and liens were put on hold. It took some time, and a lot of paperwork, but after everything, TDP came up with an offer in compromise to send them to the IRS. The amount to me was "way too low" (I believed). I thought there was no chance of acceptance. And they didn't. Their counter offer, however was equally as unbelievable. I was able to settle the debt for an amount incredibly lower than the amount I owed originally. Tax Defense Partners, in particular, Anh, and Fabiola, have given me the opportunity to get out from under an almost impossible situation. I now can get current, and more importantly, stay current on my tax obligations. Something I honestly didn't believe was going to be possible. So thank you to Rush, my father, the IRS, and most importantly Tax Defense Partners, for allowing me a second chance. I'd absolutely recommend them to anyone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Defense Partners ?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Original review: April 24, 2016

I contacted TDP based solely on my favorable opinion of Rush Limbaugh. This was perhaps one of the worst, if not the worst, experiences I have had researching a company. After giving some my personal information, David ** asked me what my decision would be to use their service. I responded, because of the considerable cost involved, I would discuss it with my wife. Upon saying this, Mr. ** started speaking in way that was demeaning, at best. "You've got a problem you need to resolve now and you're giving a weak reason that you need to talk to your wife? You're not going speak to your wife about this. You need to make a decision." (I'm paraphrasing.) To say the least, I was in shock. He made me feel like an idiot and a liar. I told him that if I said I would speak to my wife, that I would.

I was calling this company because I had a need and was looking for an expert to help me resolve it. I did not expect to be treated in such a disrespectful and demeaning manner. I recommended no one use this company, unless you have masochistic tendencies or miss your time in basic training. Awful, awful experience with Tax Defense Partners. Makes me a bit more wary of Rush's sponsors in the future.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

I called and talked with Mr Mike ** a year ago. My claim is not solved yet and the IRS sent me a letter stating they will begin seizing my property next month. I have paid in full the $6800 flat fee they charge. I have twice sent them the paperwork and background they have asked for. I would call or email them and not hear from them for weeks. They would tell me they were waiting on me to send them something. When I pointed out I had and proved it from my set file, they would say we will get on this right away. I am now told since I have the money in an account to settle this debt, send us the money and we will negotiate the penalties down.

When I told them they advertise nationwide on their negotiating federal and state debt down to minimal amounts, I was emailed two options: empty one of my accounts to pay the debt or pay $10,000 more than I owe the IRS in installments over 72 months. Those were my only options. So the fox goes into the hen house and then we negotiate for the chickens.

During this past year, the Attorney handling my account went on leave for months. I did not learn this until after I got an out of office email reply from the individual. I called Mr ** and then got another phone call telling me this individual would be out of the office. Would have been nice to know how was taking my account since I received more letters from the IRS during my wait to find out who was handling the claim.

After numerous emails during this 11 months, no resolution in sight and now I feel the emails I receive from them have an air of this is my fault for the extended resolution of my claims and we will get to it when we can. But I do have my two options now...I would not recommend Tax Defense Partners to anyone for resolving IRS issues unless you have a lot of money in bank accounts and a year or more to wait for claims to be solved.

Updated on 03/20/2015:

Tax Defense Partners and I have reached a resolution of our issues.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2014

They had no problem collecting the $8,000 I was charged but have yet to see any relief of interest or fees due the IRS. No better than American Tax Relief that I see was recently fined. Go get these crooks also.

Tax Defense Partners expert review by Andrew Poulos

Tax Defense Partners was founded in 1998 in order to resolve problems with the IRS and help customers find relief from back taxes. Tax Defense Partners represents individuals and businesses both small and large.

• Expertly qualified: Tax Defense Partners employs licensed CPAs, attorneys and IRS enrolled agents who specialize in distinct tax challenges, giving customers access to experts for their specific tax-related problems.

• Handles all communication: The company takes over all communication with the IRS once they have begun working on a case, so a customer doesn't have to handle complicated communications as the middleman.

• Huge range of services: Because Tax Defense Partners caters to individuals and businesses alike, they offer a wide range of services, including innocent spouse release, removal of bank garnishments, audit representation and more.

• Customer service options: The company offers customers a selection of customer service options, including live online chat and a phone line with representatives qualified to help.

• Years of experience: Tax Defense Partners has nearly 20 years of experience helping people with their tax relief.

• Best for: Individuals with garnished wages, individuals with a federal tax lien or levy,, innocent spouses and business owners with back payroll taxes.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
    Andrew Poulos

Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Tax Defense Partners Company Information

Tax Defense Partners Encino Business Park IV 6345 Balboa Blvd,
    1(866) 477-7762

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Let's talk

ConsumerAffairs ranks 562 on Inc. 5000 for 2017

Advertisements on this site are placed and controlled by outside advertising networks. does not evaluate or endorse the products and services advertised. See the FAQ for more information.

The information on our website is general in nature and is not intended as a substitute for competent legal advice. makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information herein provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from the use thereof.