2. Tax Relief

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.30/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Tax Defense Partners is an online tax relief company that offers comprehensive tax debt services from licensed certified public accountants and enrolled agents. Tax Defense Partners is available nationwide and focuses exclusively on assisting middle-to-high income consumers with tax-related issues.

BOTTOM LINE

Tax Defense Partners is an online tax relief company that's available nationwide. It's a full-service tax company that specializes in working with middle-to-high income consumers.

PROS

• Enrolled agents and tax attorneys
  • Easy online application
  • Available in all states

CONS

• Only works with mid-to-high income

Top Tax Defense Partners Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Defense Partners ?

Tax Defense Partners was there for me when I needed them. At the time I was dealing with so many obstacles in my life and the IRS was one of them... If you are looking for a quality firm that brings you results, then Tax Defense Partners are your best bet.

Tax Defense Partners helped me with my bankruptcy last year. These guys are very professional and definitely know what they're doing... If you want your bankruptcy done in a timely manner, go with Tax Defense Partners. They'll make you feel less stressed about filing.

Tax Defense Partners Learn More

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Owe $10k Or More In Back Taxes?

Work with a professional tax relief expert to reduce your debt.

Get Matched Now

How does Tax Defense Partners work?

Tax Defense Partners offers multiple different tax services, and its employees have experience with IRS and state income tax debt as well as collection matters. To get started with Tax Defense Partners, visit its website. Applying for their tax relief program is simple — all you need is:

• Your name
  • An email address
  • Your phone number
  • How you heard about Tax Defense Partners

Tax Defense Partners has services designed for individuals, corporations, partnerships and small businesses. Tax Defense Partners’ experts are divided into teams based on their specialties, which guarantees the team you’re partnered with has experience with your tax situation. Its specialists are also required to receive additional certification through the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers.

To ensure that you receive thorough service, Tax Defense Partners’ specialists have 16 touch points with clients when conducting its tax problem resolution process. During these touchpoints, expect more than a general voicemail or email update. Tax Defense Partners’ specialists advise you on the status of your taxes and any progress they’ve made on your behalf.

What services does Tax Defense Partners have?

Tax Defense Partners offers various kinds of tax services, including help with:

• Levies and liens
  • Audit representation
  • Innocent spouse relief
  • Currently not collectible (CNC) status
  • Back tax help

How much does Tax Defense Partners charge?

Pricing for Tax Defense Partners’ tax relief services starts at $500. The company charges a flat fee that varies based on your situation and the assistance you require. The tax relief program does require at least $10,000 in tax debt.

Tax Defense Partners FAQ

Where does Tax Defense Partners do business?
Tax Defense Partners’ tax relief services are available in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
What is the minimum tax debt required for Tax Defense Partners?
The minimum tax debt required for Tax Defense Partners is $10,000.
Does Tax Defense Partners have enrolled agents on staff?
Yes, Tax Defense Partners has enrolled agents on staff for all federal, state and U.S. territorial tax jurisdictions.

Is Tax Defense Partners reputable?

Tax Defense Partners has a full range of tax relief services for consumers across the nation. Its services are easy to apply for, and its specialists are highly trained and certified in tax-related debt situations. If you think its services are right for you, visit the website and fill out the tax relief application.

Tax Defense Partners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Defense Partners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Defense Partners ?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

The company had constant turnover and even changed their name from Tax Resolution to Tax Defense Partners. One person who did help quickly left the company which hung me out to dry. I needed tax assistance and they failed to resolve anything for me, costing me over $7,000. Stay as far as far away from these people as possible as they promised to save 80% on my taxes but delivered nothing. If this company cannot provide anyone who can help you but require $1,000s of dollars upfront then I consider it a scam. They were worthless and total waste of time. I would never recommend this company to my worst enemy. I will never see my $7,000 back and no work was done for me.

Original review: July 19, 2018

It starts with a really bad year and it escalates till you get to the point of having to find a lawyer to help. Combination of having no money and fear of the IRS makes the process frightening. After a recommendation from a friend I hired Tax Defense Partners. April ** was amazing. I give her a 10. The process to get to her I rate an 8. You start with the pitch, and I am sure you are stressed if you are doing this. Pay attention. Read the acceptance letter carefully. You will get a lot of correspondence at first, A LOT of different people and I never knew who did what. Never an exact walk thru of the process and it added some stress. Finally I was assigned a case manager. April ** was mine: she is great. Listened to my concerns, fears and some dumb questions on my end. I am so grateful to April, the resolution was beyond my hopes and expectations. I finally feel I can plan a life. Thank you April.

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Tax Defense Partners helped me with my bankruptcy last year. They were very helpful and answered my questions in a timely manner. These guys are very professional and definitely know what they're doing. They even helped me almost a year after my case. If you want your bankruptcy done in a timely manner, go with Tax Defense Partners. They'll make you feel less stressed about filing. Great service.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Tax Defense Partners was there for me when I needed them. At the time I was dealing with so many obstacles in my life and the IRS was one of them. Their team kept things professional and were compassionate and understanding of my situation. I believe they did everything in their power to help me and I’d like to thank them for that. Tax Defense Partners are in my opinion one of the best firms out there. Sure, you might be able to find a tax attorney who will charge you less but the results would be correspondent with the price you pay. If you are looking for a quality firm that brings you results that you will be satisfied with, then Tax Defense Partners are your best bet.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I am extremely satisfied with my experience with Tax Defense Partners and am thankful that I found out about them just in time to take care of my taxes. I needed to make sure that my taxes were filed correctly since I had issues with local tax attorneys in the past. TDP was over-achieving in every aspect and definitely knew what they were doing. I had trouble with the IRS and owed them a nice chunk of money but their team came to the rescue. They nearly erased my debt and saved me a great deal of money... They dealt with the IRS on my behalf and I am beyond happy with the result. Thank you again for everything!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

April ** at Tax Defense Partners has been a true Godsend to me. She negotiated with my State to get my garnishment from $1200 a month down to $225. She is always available to answer my questions, has listened and been empathetic to my tax situation. She is responsible for me being able to sleep again at night. Was well worth the money!!! Thank you April and Tax Defense Partners!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I had gotten myself into considerable debt with the IRS. So much so, I wasn't sure if I could have ever found relief on my own. After hearing about Tax Defense Partners, both on the Rush Limbaugh Program, and from my father, I decided I needed to at least try to do something about my problem. I called TDP and spoke with a gentleman who first explained the company. He then took my particulars, explained the fee structure, and verified that he believed they could help. I agreed and posted the retainer.

Shortly after, all collections processes and liens were put on hold. It took some time, and a lot of paperwork, but after everything, TDP came up with an offer in compromise to send them to the IRS. The amount to me was "way too low" (I believed). I thought there was no chance of acceptance. And they didn't. Their counter offer, however was equally as unbelievable. I was able to settle the debt for an amount incredibly lower than the amount I owed originally. Tax Defense Partners, in particular, Anh, and Fabiola, have given me the opportunity to get out from under an almost impossible situation. I now can get current, and more importantly, stay current on my tax obligations. Something I honestly didn't believe was going to be possible. So thank you to Rush, my father, the IRS, and most importantly Tax Defense Partners, for allowing me a second chance. I'd absolutely recommend them to anyone!

Original review: April 24, 2016

I contacted TDP based solely on my favorable opinion of Rush Limbaugh. This was perhaps one of the worst, if not the worst, experiences I have had researching a company. After giving some my personal information, David ** asked me what my decision would be to use their service. I responded, because of the considerable cost involved, I would discuss it with my wife. Upon saying this, Mr. ** started speaking in way that was demeaning, at best. "You've got a problem you need to resolve now and you're giving a weak reason that you need to talk to your wife? You're not going speak to your wife about this. You need to make a decision." (I'm paraphrasing.) To say the least, I was in shock. He made me feel like an idiot and a liar. I told him that if I said I would speak to my wife, that I would.

I was calling this company because I had a need and was looking for an expert to help me resolve it. I did not expect to be treated in such a disrespectful and demeaning manner. I recommended no one use this company, unless you have masochistic tendencies or miss your time in basic training. Awful, awful experience with Tax Defense Partners. Makes me a bit more wary of Rush's sponsors in the future.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

I called and talked with Mr Mike ** a year ago. My claim is not solved yet and the IRS sent me a letter stating they will begin seizing my property next month. I have paid in full the $6800 flat fee they charge. I have twice sent them the paperwork and background they have asked for. I would call or email them and not hear from them for weeks. They would tell me they were waiting on me to send them something. When I pointed out I had and proved it from my set file, they would say we will get on this right away. I am now told since I have the money in an account to settle this debt, send us the money and we will negotiate the penalties down.

When I told them they advertise nationwide on their negotiating federal and state debt down to minimal amounts, I was emailed two options: empty one of my accounts to pay the debt or pay $10,000 more than I owe the IRS in installments over 72 months. Those were my only options. So the fox goes into the hen house and then we negotiate for the chickens.

During this past year, the Attorney handling my account went on leave for months. I did not learn this until after I got an out of office email reply from the individual. I called Mr ** and then got another phone call telling me this individual would be out of the office. Would have been nice to know how was taking my account since I received more letters from the IRS during my wait to find out who was handling the claim.

After numerous emails during this 11 months, no resolution in sight and now I feel the emails I receive from them have an air of this is my fault for the extended resolution of my claims and we will get to it when we can. But I do have my two options now...I would not recommend Tax Defense Partners to anyone for resolving IRS issues unless you have a lot of money in bank accounts and a year or more to wait for claims to be solved.

Updated on 03/20/2015:

Tax Defense Partners and I have reached a resolution of our issues.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2014

They had no problem collecting the $8,000 I was charged but have yet to see any relief of interest or fees due the IRS. No better than American Tax Relief that I see was recently fined. Go get these crooks also.

Tax Defense Partners author review by Andrew Poulos

Tax Defense Partners works to resolve problems with the IRS and help customers find relief from back taxes.

• Services: Tax Defense Partners is qualified to help customers with unfiled tax returns, wage garnishment, bank levies and liens, payroll tax debt relief, delinquent taxes, IRS payment plans, back tax help, foreign bank account reporting, penalty abatement and other tax-related services.

• Accreditations: Tax Defense Partners is accredited by the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) and the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS).

• Enrolled agents: Tax Defense Partners employs IRS-enrolled agents, certified public accountants and tax attorneys.

• Minimum debt required: $10,000

by Andrew Poulos Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Tax Defense Partners Company Information