Tax Group Center

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Larson Tax Relief

Larson Tax Relief Reviews

About Tax Group Center

Based in California and Idaho, Tax Group Center uses California Tax Education Council (CTEC)-certified tax consultants, enrolled agents, tax attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs) to solve a wide range of tax issues. Tax resolution is available for both individuals and businesses. It serves clients nationwide and all year round. Offices are open 24/7.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Free consultation
    • Available nationwide
    Cons
    • Not transparent on pricing
    • No money-back guarantee

Featured Reviews

Verified
    Westlake Village, CA

A CPA I used for over a decade ruined my life and family. I did not even know the extent of it until I hired Tax Group Center. Took over 9 months to finally straighten it all out....

Verified
    Tarzana, CA

Received a settlement with the IRS that saved me a lot of money and relieved a lot of stress in my life. I owe it all to this company's great work. Thank you I could have not done...

What is Tax Group Center?

Tax Group Center is a tax resolution firm that offers services for both individuals and businesses that need to get out of tax trouble or want to prevent tax issues.

Tax Group Center promotes a client-centered approach. It says it prioritizes understanding each client's unique situation and will tailor its strategies to negotiate with the IRS or state tax authorities on clients’ behalf.

How does Tax Group Center work?

After a free consultation with Tax Group Center, you will be matched with the best tax resolution options for your case, depending on your individual situation. Each resolution type comes with a different process.

For example, an offer in compromise (which allows you to settle IRS debt for less than you owe) requires a specific application and that you have been compliant with tax returns in the past — so, Tax Group Center will have you submit any unfiled returns first.

Tax Group Center products and services

Tax Group Center can help with the following tax issues:

• Offer in compromise (OIC)
    • Penalty abatement
    • Installment agreement (IA)
    • Currently not collectible (CNC)
    • Tax audit appeal
    • Innocent spouse relief
    • IRS Fresh Start program

Along with tax resolution services, Tax Group Center offers tax preparation and bookkeeping services for individuals, self-employed individuals and small businesses.

Tax Group Center fees

Tax Group Center does not list specific fees online, since these will vary depending on how much work is involved. The cost will also vary depending on the type of tax resolution you are seeking.

The company does offer free consultations and says it will not take any case unless it is sure it can reach a resolution.

Tax Group Center FAQ

How long does it take to negotiate tax debt?

While every situation is unique, Tax Group Center says that most individuals can expect to settle within seven months. The case-building process takes one month to complete, so even less complicated cases can take a few months.

Can I deal with the IRS myself?

Yes, anyone can deal directly with the IRS and does not need to hire a tax resolution company like Tax Group Center. However, the company says that more than 85% of all offers are rejected due to applicants not understanding the process. Taxes can be very complicated and stressful, so having a tax professional can help.

Do I need a tax resolution company if I have a CPA?

While CPAs are experts at preparing taxes and navigating the tax code, it can be helpful to have a tax expert that specializes in tax relief for tax problems.

Is Tax Group Center legit?

Tax Group Center is a legitimate business that has 30 years of experience. While it cannot guarantee any of its services, it does say it offers a 100% price protection policy.

Tax Group Center Reviews

Stars Rating

• 5%
    • 95%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Group Center?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Group Center?
      Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 6, 2024

These people are criminals. They blatantly engage in predatory lending, false advertising, and manipulation. Please avoid them. The world would be a better place without these people. I cannot stress the issue enough.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 8, 2024

I went to Tax Group Center with a few unfiled tax returns and I owed less than $3000 in unpaid taxes. They told told me their rainbow and puppy tails story about how wonderful life will be when I sign with them and they will have a resolution in no time. 5+ years later my tax debt is $15000 and they have only charged me $20000+ and no resolution in sight. The whole time keeping me in the dark about what my taxes were ballooning to. When I would call for information (numbers, timelines, etc.) they would change the subject asking for more tax information and tell me with just a little more money it will be over in no time. Now they have me strapped in debt with a loan to pay them and a ballooning tax debt so I don't have the means to go out and hire a REAL tax relief company.

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed April 9, 2024

Tax Group Center should be put out of business. They lie, scam, cheat to get your money and do absolutely nothing. I lost thousands of dollars to this company and they literally did nothing for me. They actually made my tax debt worse because of interest and penalties. It’s a wonder they can sleep at night praying on people's vulnerability and trust.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed April 8, 2024

This company uses illegal lending practices, false advertising, and just does bad business. Unless you like throwing money in the garbage, avoid these people at all costs. Feel free to DM me for more info.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Jan. 2, 2024

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Started off at $3500.00. Ended up being tricked into designing documents to get a loan financed for over $5000 that went to the Tax Group. To sum it up. They swindled almost $11000 dollars out of me over a 3 year period and still need someone to do my offer and compromise with the IRS because they want more money that they will not get from me. Basically all the did was my taxes. TERRIBLE.

Profile pic of the author.
        Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2023

After 3 years no results and in debt to this company almost 20 k and still getting wage garnishments. I provided all information necessary and after 3 years no result. They even scam you into getting a loan to pay for services that they didn’t provide. I repeat do not use this company.

Customer Service

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2023

They are making cold calls trying to say that you owe back taxes and please call back if you don’t! When I called them and asked not to be contacted because I don’t owe taxes the guy laughed and said that he would make sure that they call back. I wouldn’t trust them to pick up my trash!!!

Contract & Terms

Reviewed Nov. 23, 2023

The Tax Group Center failed to provide the tax services they agreed to. I terminated the service agreement and they generated a mutual release agreement. The agreement required that I would be refunded a portion of my money on or before 120 business days. It has now be 144 business days and they still have not issued my refund. I am currently filling in small claims court to get my money returned. Never use this company, no matter how convincing they are on your initial inquiry.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 30, 2023

I reached out to Tax Group Center in 2020 to negotiate some Rex debt with the IRS, they collected 10K from me. After collection of payment, I stopped hearing from them. I filed a complaint 1 year ago, they reached out and promised to rectify the issue. Then never heard from them again. This has been the worst service to have ever received, I feel that I have been conned. I would like to either complete the job, or get a refund that would have been better to put towards the irs dept.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed July 11, 2023

Tax Group is a complete fraud. They collected handsome fees up front ($ 5000). That was years ago and since then I have not received anything. I have asked them to let me know what progress if any they have made. I have asked them to forward any communication on my behalf. But they simply have not done anything. This is a total scam... Last time when I put negative comment I got a phone call and guy promised to look into my case and inform me.

First request for update - Nov 5, 2021. Second request by email Nov 16, 2021. Third request by phone call in Dec 2021. Fourth request Feb 3, 2022. Fifth Request Feb 7, 2022. Sixth request March 2022. Seventh Request April 20, 2022. Eighth request July 11, 2023. Now IRS has outsourced to collection agency and I am yet to know what if anything has been done. By the way you should be updating the customers every month as to what has happened. They need not be asking for up-date.. that is if you want to provide good customer service.

Owe the IRS thousands? See if you qualify for relief.

Tax Group Center Company Information

Tax Group Center
          One Market, Spear Tower 36th floor
          San Francisco
          consumeraffairs.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: