Call toll free
3.22/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Tax Group Center offers tax services to its customers. The core of our business comprises of handling tax debt, but we also provide a variety of other financial services. From individual and business tax preparation, bookkeeping services and merchant account services, Tax Group Centers constantly works on delivering sustainable results. Contact us today and start working towards the path of financial success.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

107 Tax Group Center Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 16, 2019

This place is the biggest joke. Do NOT I repeat Do NOT give them any money. They write up a bunch of B.S even after you ask for your money back THE NEXT DAY AND THEY HAD DONE NOTHING and say they did this and that. They want to charge Top dollar prices like a top notch law firm and the owner needs to have his ** arrested for fraud and then his ** beat for taking people's hard earned money. Dont know how they're in business. Save yourself the stress. Go to another person or company. They are a scam and rip off. Their salesmen once they have your money you arent getting it back and you will get nothing.

Tax Group Center response

The client signed a contract and even if I refund the administrative fee the billing shows billable hours for $100 more than his original retainer. The client decided after he already employed us and signed a binding service agreement that he was going to have someone else work on his case. We would be more than happy to work on this clients case if he decides for us to finish the work.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I paid this company over $4000 to help me with a small mistake I made in completing my 2017 tax return. Once they go my money the communication with them became very difficult or non existent. To date I have not heard from anyone at this company, even though I forwarded them letters of correspondence from the IRS and Social Security about the return and questions that needed to be addressed. I am so disappointed that companies like this one are even allowed to be in business. All of my personal information that they requested and all of the forms that they pretended to need to help me according to my last phone conversation they CLAIM they did not receive. I took extra care and paid extra postage to make sure I sent the pages and pages of info. I WISH I HAD NEVER HEARD OF THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE A SCAM!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

These people did nothing more than tact 4500 from us. They did nothing to resolve our back taxes that we couldn't of done with a phone call. They just called the IRS and asked how we could resolve the back taxes and then sent that information to us to sign. We have asked multiple times for information on what they saved us and yet we hear nothing. Once the agreement was made with them and the IRS there isn’t anything you can do but go with it because you have given them the power of attorney to represent you. They won’t answer emails nor phone calls. They just ignore you and disappear.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Do not give any money to these people. It is a total scam. I was told by them that they could reduce my back taxes to just a few thousand dollars for the 2 years I was behind and the current year. I owed around $20,000 not including the current year. They charged me $3000 and sent me a bunch of paperwork to fill out and send back to them. After that was all done they said they needed another $1750 to take care of the state taxes. Then a month later they needed another $3250 to take care of the current taxes. Three months after that I got a letter from them saying they set me up on a payment program with the IRS and I owed the IRS a total of $33000. That is all they did. I could have done that myself with 1 phone call for free. They stole a total of $8000 from me.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

There were some tax issues I had to clear up and after I looked around a bit, the Tax Group and the insignia looked good to me. They advertise and they look legit. It was easy to enroll and they did help me. But the process was hard. After I had turned in my information, trying to get them to reply took a little bit of time. They did get back to me now and then. But it was not as fast as I would have liked. It was just the customer service. They should step it up if they can. But outside of that, they really did a good job. They came through for me and they did what they said they would do. I understand too that they had to go through things and wait for responses. If you're thinking about it, it may not go as quickly as you think but the company does get results.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Group Center?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Updated: They will constantly lie to customers and lie on social media to cover up the scandal... Below is my response to the message they are trying to tell the public!!! Do not use this company. Myself along with other victims are filing and or have filed a claim with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). That’s how serious this is. That is a total bold face lie!!! I have all emails to prove your company did not do anything with my case!!! The refund amount is the payment I made for a tax season of which we are unable to file for currently!!! I will be more than happy to show all my emails online to other customers and or potential customers. Your company stole money from me since July. Never reached to the IRS until 11/30/2018 after being under contract with me since July. Never reached out to the State!! Never communicated with me regarding my options!!

I ended up working with the IRS one on one! Your company gave me a higher amount owed to the IRS... I actually owe less than what your company said I owed!!! The last bullied payment I made to you all was to include 2018 which I have now learned was illegal... So you only offered me that payment back!!! In total I paid $5000 to be lied to!!! And on top that your company blocked me from being able to communicate with your team. Yes I to keep resending emails over and over again, due to the lack of communication on your team’s part!!! I have proof of all of this... And I will post it with no problem... Give me my full refund!!

Original Review: This is a white collar criminal organization... I have report this embezzlement company to the Federal Trade Commission... If you were charged for a service you didn’t receive and lied to...you may also contact the FTC. In addition, you have a legal case for they are committing a Federal crime, you have the right to seek legal counsel. Do not use this company.

Tax Group Center response

This client was working with the company and signed a contract for services that were rendered. When the client cancelled we sent out a billing analysis for the hours accumulated while working on the case. This billing analysis was approved by our council and is proof from our database of every task accomplished for the clients case. There was a substantial refund offered but this client still is choosing to complain. We handled everything we can do on our end to resolve this situation. We will still reinstate the case for the client and resolve the clients issues if they decide to let us help.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Under no circumstances should you hire TGC to work with the IRS for you. I'M GOING TO START THE PROCESS OF SMALL CLAIMS COURT for MY $1500 BACK. I express to the Attorney in the beginning, that I've read the reviews on their CO and I'm scared and I don't have my money to be taken away from me. He reassured me he could help and I was qualified for Innocent Spouse Relief. I sign a contract, paid upfront fee & auto monthly payments. I was reassign to a team of women. Meantime I'm calling & calling for results, no return calls or emails. Months go on, poor communication and more documentation requested from me again. Finally the attorney returned my call and stated I'm not qualified? WHAT??? I just got scammed out of $1500 when I could have paid the IRS... The most important thing to do and is contact IRS directly. THIS IS A SCAM...

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

The government charged me with a lot of back taxes that I didn’t feel I owed. I saw Tax Group Center's information on the television and they were the first one I saw so I went with them. Enrolling with them wasn’t very difficult. I just called them up and paid the $1,500. Every time that I called them, they would call me back if they were on the phone. Most times, I got through directly and my experience was great. They were very comfortable to work with and they were quicker than I was on getting them information that they needed. So it seemed like they were always the one that was waiting on me instead of the other way around, which was absolutely perfect.

Tax Group Center mediated terms between me and the IRS. And I was impressed that they were able in such a quick time period to get these taxes removed from me and the limit was on my income. Working with them abated the income tax that the government said that I owed. Before, the government was taking out nearly $300 a month, and now I no longer have that burden. Overall, I had a great experience with Tax Group Center.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I had gotten a lot of money from different places and it increased my income. I won a car, which I ended up selling. And my son got in trouble, so I had to take the money out and it was an early withdrawal. It was all added up to the income for that year. I make $25,000 to $30,000 a year, but that year I made $150,000 and I ended up owing $30,000 to the IRS. For two years, I had been paying the IRS and had gotten my debt down to $15,000. I just couldn’t see any way out. Then I heard about Tax Group Center. I didn't really think they could do anything, but they had gotten my debt down to $6,000. For me, it was a miracle. They would’ve brought me down lower than that, but they couldn’t waive out that I had a land that was paid for. I wish I had called them when I owed IRS the $30,000.

Tax Group Center was always nice to me and walked me through. They were able to help me with things I wouldn't have been able to do. I don’t know how to use the computer, but it all got resolved. The process took longer than it was supposed to though. Something happened with the paperwork I sent them, but once they got back on it, they handled their business and did what they do. I'm very grateful that I paid them. I hadn’t had a bit of break in almost five years, paying IRS and it feels good to have a break where I didn’t have to pay them. Plus, I had paid them too much and they ended up sending me a new check back.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Tax Group Center saved me and got me out of a really bad debt. I was getting a lot of literature from different companies and the Tax Group Center caught my eye with some of the things that they could do. They had me set up on a little installment deal where I pay a little bit at a time. They gave me a chance to represent and do a good job. They put me back on the right track and didn’t give me a hassle with anything. The money that I paid for the fees was worth every penny.

Their reps made me feel like they were on my side and that they were more concerned about me than about the money. I have two more years left and then I’ll be done with it. I can really get a good night's sleep now, not worrying about all that anymore. If anybody that I know has a problem like that, the first thing I would tell them is that the Tax Group Center is who they need to call. They would be the ones to help you and make you feel like you’re part of the family. Everything they did was perfect.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I made an early withdrawal on a retirement account and I had to pay some penalties on that. I went through the process of trying to look for a tax service and I managed to come across Tax Group Center. I enrolled with them and they helped me straighten up that matter through a compromise. Their service cost me $1,200 but it was worth it. Everything has been taken care of and right now, I’m just doing my little probationary period. I have a five-year waiting period for everything to clear up and I haven’t got a response back from them yet.

Other than that, the reps I worked with at Tax Group Center showed a good performance. Anything that I sent off, they returned it with accuracy and promptness. Everything fell in place and I didn’t have any problems. I had to wait for a week or two for stuff to get done and that required a lot of patience, but I got through it. Plus, everything seemed legit to me and I was satisfied. Working with them also lessened my worries and now, I’m not getting any kind of static from anybody as far as my credit is concerned. Also, I haven’t heard from the government and nobody has notified me about anything being wrong. So, I’m assuming that I’m in good standing.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I liked the way the reps from Tax Group Center talked when I first talked to them. I signed up and they helped me cut my tax rate and got my debts paid off. Working with them has really helped me tremendously.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I didn't like the service that I got from Tax Group Center. They didn't follow through with the calls and when I had a problem with my taxes, I had to run the lady and the other guy down to get information. It was like I was doing the work and I was depending on them to help me. Tax Group didn't solve my problem and I had to pay. I'd never use them again and I wouldn't recommend anybody to them.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I got divorced then I filed my taxes and bought a house. When I paid over $11,000 in taxes, the other party got a return for 7,400-some dollars. Tax Group Center was the only tax resolution company I knew so I sought help from them. They've been working on this particular problem for about two years now and so far, I'm not too happy with my experience because it is taking forever to do anything. Also, they've charged me as much as the tax is worth. I just paid them another 1,200-some dollars and they haven't gotten back to me yet.

The last lady that was working on my case told me that she already had my problem solved and I wouldn't be paying anything. But all of a sudden, somebody called me back and said that she quit so they had to put my case on somebody else and I had to pay the $1,200 for them to start on it. When I originally started with the big man there, the cost was $3,000 to start. Then they charged me $1,200 three times. I'm a truck driver and I don't pay taxes. I've got all kinds of write-off and their intention was to fix the tax problem. I have a lease purchase on the truck and it cost me a ton of money to drive a truck. In other words, I pay for myself to have a job. I am very dissatisfied with Tax Group Center.

Tax Group Center response
I have reached out to Bobby but have not heard from him to find an amicable solution. We take these matters very seriously and will always try our best to resolve any disputes. I am still waiting to hear back from Brett so we can try and resolve this situation.

Customer Service x223

Resolution response: March 25, 2019

After some pretty serious communication issues with the first and second attorneys that were assigned to my case, I got Ron **. I was looking to get a settlement but he was only able to negotiate a payment plan. (I came to find out that these are more likely to be the outcome as settlements are much rarer and harder to negotiate. I believe this would be true for any of these types of companies.)

Ron is a no nonsense guy, easy to communicate with, and got his business done. Highly recommended. Ladd is the customer service guy and even when there were issues and I was unhappy, he kept the lines of communication open and talked me off the ledge a couple times. Would I recommend these guys? Yes... But go into these things realistically and you won't be disappointed. Try to get Ron and don't be afraid to communicate with Ladd if you have issues.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Under no circumstances should you hire TGC to work with the IRS for you. They tell you they can help, take your money, and then the work they do is shoddy. Poor communication. Laziness. Incompetence. I'll give you an example: I was having a hard time contacting the attorney that was assigned to me. I found out a month later FROM THE IRS that she had given up power of attorney! I contacted TGC and told them about it and they said that 'yes, she had left the company. But don't worry about it'. A week or so later, my bank accounts were levied and my wages garnished! I contacted the IRS agent assigned to my case and he said he did that because he hadn't heard anything from them or from me! The most important thing to do and the easiest, they couldn't get right. There's lots more. DO NOT use this company under any circumstances!

Tax Group Center response

I have been in touch with Brett to help with his case. I have not heard from him to find an amicable solution. We take these matters very seriously and will always try our best to resolve any disputes. In dealing with Brett we have always had positive and productive communication. I did not hear from him regarding his thoughts , so I am surprised by his review. I am still waiting to hear back from Brett so we can try and resolve this situation.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I was trying to pay some back taxes and I went with Tax Group Center to settle some of them. Their enrollment process was great. They were very thorough and I could depend on them to call me back on any particular item. Their tax guys did a great job and I was thoroughly satisfied. They set me up and I got a lot of things off my mind.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I’ve gotten a couple of years behind on my taxes. And then I was incarcerated for six months and it turned my bill into an ungodly amount with late fees and at that time, I was making hardly any money at all. An attorney I know here in Dodge City referred me to call Tax Group Center, and I called them and the gentleman that I spoke with talked to me like a human being, and understood what I was telling him. For some reason, I forgot to pay my retail sales tax. So now, I'm trying to get it caught up with them. I got a lien against me on it, but I’ve worked out a payment plan with Tax Group. I had a bad accident in March 16th and had a spare tire blow up on my face and put me in the hospital for a month, but since I got out, I’ve worked with them and set everything up on a payment plan. The process took longer than what I thought it would, but they helped me out, and we got everything settled with the government, and everything worked out all right.

I called them to get enrolled and then tell them what I needed, and then, they called me back a week later and gave me the estimate. I learned a lot from them. I did everything that can be done over the phone but still I like a face-to-face interaction. I quit using Tax Group because they’re way far away and there are people that I can talk to right here. Still, when I worked with Tax Group, my life improved. I saved a lot of money. I’d still be making payments in the government, but I have lot more understanding of how everything works. Tax Group taught me a lot and I had a good experience. If you’re scared of the government, you gotta call them and set-up plans. I’ve recommended Tax Group and gave their number out to a few people.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I went to the Tax Group Center to try to get rid of my debt. They gave me a set price of how much I have to give them and then I had to give them all the information about what my debts were. The negotiator was completely rude though. She knew I was calling and would put me on hold and she wouldn’t steer me in the right direction. She was very annoying. Also, she thought I had called too much and was asking too many questions. Furthermore, the lawyers changed in the process and I felt like I was just bugging them. They didn’t have time to talk to me and it was very difficult. Communication with the person they’re working with would be a valued asset to their company so the client has a better understanding of actually what’s going on.

I paid Tax Group Center all the money and I’m done with the program now and it helped for a certain part of the debt but for the rest of it, it did not. Tax Group Center said that they would work with me and said it would be cleared but then they said the law has changed here in Colorado, so I’m liable for the rest of the debt. Working with Tax Group Center has been very complicated, unsatisfactory and annoying. I’m stuck now with debt that I really don’t know what I should be paying. I’m in collections and I’m trying to get a hold of my girl and she’s not responding. Last year, I haven’t received anything and I should’ve and I don’t know what’s going on. I definitely should have gotten taken care of and treated better. I wouldn’t steer you in the direction of the Tax Group Center.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I had a fine experience with Tax Group a long time ago. I found them online and I made sure they were legit. Everybody was having a good experience with them so I called and they turned out to be good, got things moving and it worked. I went through a divorce. The negotiator called and set up a plan that I could afford. What I only had to pay was my half since they helped me fight and I didn’t have to pay my ex-husband’s stuff. Everything was done and clear. I would use Tax Group again if I had to.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Tax Group Center provided reconciliation of some previous tax years for me. The program got me out of the bind that I was in and put a plan in place and I’m in year two of four. But they were going through some changes at one point and I had three or four different reps and we had to almost start back over again. Other than that, working with them is good being that there’s a plan in place. Times have changed the course and I would like to at this point, go back and revisit some other plans. The biggest negative I have is that I’m limited on the amount of money I can make.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I owe the IRS some money and Tax Group Center took care of me. I paid them $50 and we were good. The only bad experience was the state taxes. We had a deal with the state, but then the state, in about six months, raised it back up. It is what it is and they said the state is hard to deal with. But as far as in the process with Tax Group Center, it was all very good and everybody was polite.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Enrolling at Tax Group Center wasn't that difficult as I knew I had to get a lot of paperwork for them. Still, their processor was great and he was beautiful. I had one at first, but then they changed him with another guy. Their company gave me a good start after I completed their program. They helped me out incredibly and gave me a big discount.

Original review: July 3, 2018

You will regret the day you gave this company your money. They don't resolve ANYTHING. All they are good for is creating a sense of urgency, hounding you for money. Then after paying them they find a way to ask you to pay additional monies while NEVER performing any tax resolve AT ALL. I paid $7,000 3 years ago AND STILL haven't received resolve on ANY LEVEL!!! They are PURE SCAM ARTIST!!!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I reached out to Tax Group for help with my taxes. I went on the web and from what I saw and read, they were good. And the enrollment process was good. They dropped a lot of money and I just had to pay $100 from 30 something grands for arrears and taxes. It was a five-year program and I gotta keep filing. Tax Group did my federal taxes and that went great. And now they’re doing the state. I called Dean, my negotiator, and he said he’s gonna look into it and get back to me and he never did so I'm having a problem. It’s been a while and I'm waiting for information from them.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I needed help with my personal taxes and the worldwide web made me choose Tax Group Center. Things worked out well with the enrollment process and my interactions with my negotiator. I'm done with the program and I would recommend this company. They satisfied my need and I was very well pleased.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I owed the IRS money, so I sought help from Tax Group Center. Somebody referred me to them and the enrollment process was easy. The program has been done for a while. The interaction I had with the negotiators that they assigned to me was good and they were there when I needed them.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I owed debt taxes and I sought Tax Group Center's services as I’ve seen them on an advertisement. During the enrollment process, I gave them all of my credit card debt information, then I had to pay a fee and I had to take a debt class too. The person I dealt with was very nice, helpful and patient, and I appreciated that. It has been five years since I started the process and I’m done with it. Tax Group got me down to a very low amount so I was very happy with them. Now I have peace of mind. I will use them again if I have to but I'm hoping I won’t because I got everything under control. I’d like it if the cost was lower but everybody has a price.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I had a little tax debt with the IRS and needed to deal with it. At that time, Tax Group Center offered a compromise and their program saved me a lot of money. Times were hard for me then, with the divorce and all the big tax debt, but they did all the right things to do a negotiation and IRS accepted it and it was done. The Tax Group representatives kept in touch with me and let me know how things are going and what they were doing. While it took a couple of years to get it completed, it worked and they did great.

Original review: June 2, 2018

It was luck of the draw that I got Tax Group Center back in 2014 when they helped me. They did the paperwork for my finances and offered compromise for the IRS. When I enrolled with them, I had several phone conversations and I had paperwork that wasn’t too difficult for me to fill out and provide. From that point on, they handled everything else. I’ve just about completed the process sometime this year and everything went well. I dealt with the tax attorney from Tax Group Center and there was also the person who handled the paperwork and my experience was good from the beginning until the end. It went relatively smoothly, the follow up was good and I got what I paid for. The cost for their services was reasonable based on what I had to have done and I would recommend them.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Tax Group Center helped me get square away all my back taxes. Also, they let me pay out for the downpayment. Their reps were very nice and helpful and they kept me abreast of all the things that were going on. Working with them has had a big impact in my life.

Tax Group Center expert review by Andrew Poulos

Tax Group Center is a tax consulting service headquartered in San Francisco, California. It has been in business since 2009, and offers services to people and businesses in trouble with the IRS or state taxing authorities. It has an office in Calabasas, California and in Post Falls, Idaho and also consults with clients through its website.

• IRS tax problems: Group Center specializes in IRS tax problems such as unified returns, unpaid payroll taxes, IRS penalties and interest, bank levies, tax liens, unpaid taxes, wage garnishment and IRS audits.

• Tax solutions: In addition to IRS problems, Tax Group Center offers tax solutions like penalty abatement, offers in compromise, expiration of statutes, currently not collectible (CNC) accounts, installation agreement and bankruptcy.

• Other services: Tax Group Center also offers tax preparation, bookkeeping, ETS services, Freedom of Information requests and more.

• 24/7 service: Tax Group Center offers services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can contact them by phone, email, online chat or visit one of their office locations in California or Idaho.

• Fast settlement: Tax Group Center’s clients usually reach a settlement with the IRS or state taxing authority within about seven months.

• Free consultations: The cost of Tax Group Center’s services varies depending on what you need and how much work is involved, but the company offers a free consultation to help you determine if their services are right for you and how much it will cost you.

• Best for: individuals and businesses with tax problems with the IRS or state taxing authorities.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Tax Group Center Company Information