2. Tax Relief

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.54/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Tax Group Center offers tax services to its customers. The core of our business comprises of handling tax debt, but we also provide a variety of other financial services. From individual and business tax preparation, bookkeeping services and merchant account services, Tax Group Centers constantly works on delivering sustainable results. Contact us today and start working towards the path of financial success.

BOTTOM LINE

Tax Group Center specializes in tax debt relief, but also offers a variety of other financial services. You may deal with more than one representative while working with the company, but enrollment is simple and straightforward.

PROS

• Simple enrollment process
  • Reasonable fees
  • Industry veteran

CONS

• Changes in lawyers and reps can occur throughout the process

Top Tax Group Center Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Group Center?

For two years, I had been paying the IRS and had gotten my debt down to $15,000. I just couldn’t see any way out. Then I heard about Tax Group Center. I didn't really think they could do anything, but they had gotten my debt down to $6,000. For me, it was a miracle.

The IRS sent me a notice stating that I owed a bunch of money when I know that I really didn’t. The first thing to get enrolled with Tax Group was them taking over everything. Instead of the IRS coming to me and sending me notices, Tax Group spoke on my behalf.

Tax Group Center Learn More

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Owe $10k Or More In Back Taxes?

Work with a professional tax relief expert to reduce your debt.

Get Matched Now

About Tax Group Center

Tax Group Center provides tax solutions to businesses and individuals who face problems with the IRS and State Taxing Authorities. Some of the challenges they help clients with include IRS tax audits, penalties and interest, tax liens, and wage garnishments.

They have two offices, their headquarters in Calabasas, CA and a second office in Post Falls, ID; however, they serve clients nationwide. Tax Group Center uses California Tax Education Council (CTEC) Certified Tax Consultants, Enrolled Agents, tax attorneys and Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) to assist clients with handling tax debt.

Accreditations: American Society of Tax Problem Solvers, the National Association of Enrolled Agents and the National Association of Tax Professionals.

Tax Group Center Services

Tax Group Center offers several relief solutions and additional financial services to help their clients reach their financial goals. To address a variety of problems, they offer services like:

Innocent Spouse Relief
Tax Group Center provides Innocent Spouse Relief on joint tax returns, helping individuals avoid tax liability to the IRS and relieving them of tax responsibility, interest and tax penalties if they are not at fault. Some of the cases Tax Group Center handles are situations where parties have divorced and one individual made all the income, or where the reported income was less than the actual amount reported and the other spouse was unaware.
Currently Not Collectable (CNC)
When your gross monthly income is lower than the allowable expenses under the National Standards, Tax Group Center can help negotiate a Currently Not Collectible status with the IRS. With the guidance of a professional tax specialist, the IRS can recognize the taxpayer’s inability to pay debts and delay the collection of taxes. Tax Group Center will also help to ensure accounts are not subject to adverse collection, such as bank or wage levies.
Installment Agreement
Installment Agreements offer payment plans for taxpayers who need assistance paying off their tax debt over a period of time. The certified consultants, agents, tax attorneys and CPAs with the Tax Group Center will create a plan for individuals and businesses based on how much they owe and can reasonably pay each month. Taxpayers must have filed all tax returns and not have any capacity to borrow the owed amount from other sources (such as a second mortgage or equity in a retirement account).
IRS Expiration of Statutes
For Collection Statute Expiration Date (CSED), there are often 10 years allotted before a tax is forgiven, with the date typically set after filing with the IRS. Tax Group Center can assist with a Substitute for Return (SFR), in the case that returns weren’t filed, and with an extension of IRS Expiration of Statutes in the case of Bankruptcy, Offer in Compromise, and certain other circumstances.
IRS Penalty Abatement
IRS penalties are often automatic and added to a taxpayer’s account after assessing debt. Tax Group Center can help taxpayers who are having difficulty getting these penalties removed.
Offer in Compromise
Tax Group Center will help clients negotiate with the IRS to come to a reasonable repayment amount. This program allows taxpayers to settle tax debts for less and is among one of the most widely used tax relief solutions offered through Tax Group Center.
Tax Audit Appeals
When facing a loss or when looking to settle tax problems outside of the court, a Tax Audit Appeal can help individuals and businesses find relief. The specialists at Tax Group Center are versed in how to halt IRS collection activities as well as negotiate with collection managers on behalf of taxpayers.
Bookkeeping
In addition to tax relief solutions, Tax Group Center also offers financial services for small business owners. Their monthly bookkeeping services include guidance on operating statements, bank reconciliations, audit trails, balance sheets, financial graphics and budgets. Their specialists provide effective bookkeeping for day-to-day financial transactions and accurate data.

How does Tax Group Center work?

Tax Group Center offers a wide range of expertise in tax resolution. Clients receive personalized solutions after an initial consultation and expert advice. With their help, clients have been relieved of more than $5,000 of their tax debt and settlements. The specialists at Tax Group Center deal one-on-one with the IRS to give clients a stress-free experience.

Tax Group Center cost and fees

Fees at the Tax Group Center start at $1,500 for the initial service agreement and increase depending on the nature of the case and length of service required. Their services include a free consultation and a 100% price protection guarantee.

Do we recommend Tax Group Center?

Backed by 30 years of experience, Tax Group Center is well-versed in dealing with the IRS and provide reasonable services for individuals and businesses looking to settle tax problems. However, clients reported issues with their communication as well as customer service and sometimes found it challenging to stay with one representative throughout the process. Despite these issues, Tax Group Center has helped many happy clients clear up their tax issues.

Tax Group Center Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Group Center?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I gave them power of attorney, but never stopped tax levies. I got at least 5, this last screwed up on paperwork causing major tax levy. Try and contact them for over a week and they bring up payments. How can I pay if levy's cost me money. Now major levy going on and they are more interested in getting paid. I keep losing money but they want me to pay them for doing nothing. I had to call and get paperwork fixed and 4 weeks later and they haven't done anything. I am finally taking care of it myself, I will never recommend them ever. I can't believe I feel I lost money I paid them along with levies they never stopped. Find somewhere else to go.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

This company looks good but they will rip you off. I owned a small business and for some reason my secretary stopped paying my quarterly taxes. I was contacted by IRS and I set up a payment plan. I fired the secretary and am not sure but I think she embezzled the money. After checking their references I retained the Tax Group Center to Help me. I sold my business for $140,000.00 and paid Tax Group 2,500 dollars to help me get these back taxes cleared up. They called me back and said the tax amount I owed was large and I would need to pay them another 5,000 dollars to get it done, They called again wanting another 5,000 dollars because of several years of back taxes plus they needed to file my taxes. They kept calling wanting more money. I was in panic mode thinking I owed IRS at least two hundred thousand dollars. I was scared they were going to take everything I had and put me in prison so kept giving Tax Group the money they ask for.

They called again wanting more money and I was about to have a nervous breakdown. I told the man "I do not have anymore money to give you and I'm afraid you are going to drop me." He said he would finish up my taxes with no charge and he wouldn't drop me. Their phone calls have stopped. When I call I get an assistant to the attorney who tells me they need more forms filled out. I kept a copy of all the forms I sent them. There is always an excuse why they haven't settled my account. I have been contacted by other tax relief companies that tell me they can get my problem solved right away for a flat fee. I don't have any more money to hire anyone else. Fearing I was going to owe IRS over two hundred thousand dollars I kept paying them. I have paid this company 57,500.00 total and they still haven't solved anything. They don't call me. I have to call them and always get an excuse. I have been paying IRS 400.00 per month for 4 years.

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Please! Please! Please! Do not use this company!!!! I contacted them in August to help with my situation. The representative was very attentive and sympathetic. He advised that I needed to pay them $7,800 immediately so that they could get me out of collections as soon as possible. At this point, I knew I was in collections but my salary was not being garnished--the very situation I wished to avoid. Two weeks later, one of their representatives called to advise that I would probably be in the same situation when I filed 2019 taxes and that for the small sum of $2,500 they would include this year in their negotiations. Just 2 days after that I was notified that my salary would be garnished for that pay period. I immediately called, and their representative, again very attentive and sympathetic, assured me that they were going to work immediately to stop that situation and had no idea who would have called me to ask for more money.

90% of my salary was being garnished and every time I called they assured me they just needed a little more time and sent me more forms to fill out. When they had no more forms to send me, they stopped taking my calls and no one responded to my emails. After my wages had been garnished for 5 pay periods, my savings were near exhausted and I had borrowed to pay my rent, I was forced to deal with the IRS myself.

My situation was resolved in 3 hours and, although tedious, it was not the horror I had been advised it would be. The IRS representative immediately faxed my employer to stop wage garnishment. It was not until I put in a complaint in to the BBB, that some one from this company contacted me. He said that they only needed another 2 pay periods to resolve my situation, that they have many clients and "these things happen". I advised that I had already, personally resolved my problem and that I wanted a refund. I am now playing the same stalling game. They claim to have done an analysis of the situation and I am not entitled to a full refund. I filed my own late taxes and contacted the IRS on my own--what did I pay them for???

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

This was a long road and Tax Group was there every step of the way. They answered everyone of my calls, attorneys didn't have a problem answering questions...even if i called 10 times per day. Secretaries and all apart of the process was pleasant. I even went the extra mile to have them do my actual Taxes along with the OIC. Great work Tax Group Center!!! You have changed my life and i know there are so many people out there wondering who to turn to, my highest recommendation would be the Good Guys over at Tax Group Center. :)

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I have always paid my taxes through payroll deductions. Just never filed my returns. Ever. Well after 40 years of not taking care of business I called the Tax Group Center. With less than perfect record keeping on my part they were able to get my tax problem solved. And the outcome was jaw dropping. Both IRS and State taxes in the end cost me $114.00. All done. My tax worries are gone. Thank You to everyone at Tax Group Center. If you've got tax issues you've been afraid of dealing with for years. I can tell you from experience these are the people to call for help.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Long story short was promised something that didn’t happen! Cancelled my account last month and only wanted the “bill analysis” (it was laughable at best). I was charged at least 30+ times $35 each for leaving a voicemail. This company is a scam and I’ve wasted $1500! I just received the bill analysis yesterday (8/13/19) of weeks of broken promises! Read Everything you sign with them!

Original review: June 20, 2019

I contacted tax group center and got a quote for 1,500.00 to resolve my tax issues. I paid the balance in installments of 300.00. When it came to the last monthly payment TAx group took the 300.00 OFF my card without contacting me first, and acknowledgement. When I went to make the payment they had already taken the money a different process like the first two payments. After, receiving the 1,500.00 I called for an update or progress. Tax group wanted an additional 1,200.00 to handle the same problems I had when then charged me 1,500.00. I then continue to ask for an update the agent I signed with was unavailable, so the receptionist gave my phone call to a woman representing herself as "owner". I was explaining to her my concerns when she started screaming at me. She refused to give me her name then she hung up. So, they didn't return any of my phone calls for 6-7 weeks.

So I requested a refund of 1,500.00. After then, a Lance ** returned my phone call for a settlement refund of $75.00. I notified TGC of me not acceptable, when I have already taken care of my tax issues. And there was nothing definitive "that TGC did anything for me. Resolved my tax issues without TGC. And want my money refunded to me. No call were returned to me from TGC. I asked the woman on the phone why were they wanting to charge me an additional $1,200.00 on top of the 1,500.00 I previously paid. TGC now stands avoiding my calls. No call remain unreturned.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I contacted Tax Group Center to handle an issue with IRS. The agent Robert ** guaranteed that Tax Group Center could help me with my IRS issue. He drew up the contract, charged me $1,500.00 for everything. After I paid two month installments the last and final payment they withdrew the monies off my debit card without notifying me first and without my assistance. After, then I asked for an update and no update was provided. Then TAX Group Center tried to charge me more money for the same issue I had. I never got assistance or relief from my IRS. Fresh Start program. Or filing my taxes. I asked for a refund and got nowhere. No one returned my phone calls to this date. Lance **, however wanted me to fork over the entire amount and settle for $75.00 refund. At no time did Tax Group Center do $1,500.00 dollars worth of work. Today I still have the result of them not even calling trying to resolve this issue with me June 13, 2019.

Resolution response: July 15, 2019

I've spoken with Ladd at Tax Group Center and he was able to straighten everything out for me. Updating my rating because Ladd was able to completely correct everything for me. Everything is good now with Tax Group Center and I no longer have any complaints about them. Than you Ladd for all your help.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Nothing I was promised came to fruition. They charged me $2,400 just to save me about $2,000. I'm worse off now than before I hired Tax Group Center. Possibly the worst communication I've ever seen and not one time did I actually get to speak with my lawyer. I was given the runaround every time I called in. They did do one thing on time as as promised and that was they took my money out of my account on time. I had a bad feeling from the start and if I would have just listened to myself I would be in a better situation now. But I didn't and now i'm screwed. Don't believe me if you want. Go ahead and hire Tax Group Center and you possibly will be in my situation. Just don't say you were warned ahead of time.

Original review: April 16, 2019

This place is the biggest joke. Do NOT I repeat Do NOT give them any money. They write up a bunch of B.S even after you ask for your money back THE NEXT DAY AND THEY HAD DONE NOTHING and say they did this and that. They want to charge Top dollar prices like a top notch law firm and the owner needs to have his ** arrested for fraud and then his ** beat for taking people's hard earned money. Dont know how they're in business. Save yourself the stress. Go to another person or company. They are a scam and rip off. Their salesmen once they have your money you arent getting it back and you will get nothing.

Tax Group Center response

The client signed a contract and even if I refund the administrative fee the billing shows billable hours for $100 more than his original retainer. The client decided after he already employed us and signed a binding service agreement that he was going to have someone else work on his case. We would be more than happy to work on this clients case if he decides for us to finish the work.

Tax Group Center author review by Andrew Poulos

Tax Group Center helps people in trouble with the IRS or state taxing authorities. It also offers a variety of other tax-related services. Its services are available nationwide.

• Services: Tax Group Center deals with tax levies and liens, unpaid payroll taxes, wage garnishments, bookkeeping, tax preparation, Freedom of Information Act requests and other business and tax services.

• Accreditations: Tax Group Center is a registered member of the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS) and the California Tax Education Council (CTEC).

• Enrolled agents: Tax Group Center employs agents who are licensed by the IRS to prepare tax returns.

• Minimum debt required: Tax Group Center doesn’t have a minimum tax debt requirement.

by Andrew Poulos Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Tax Group Center Company Information