3.6/5 (126 ratings)
Find a Tax Relief partner

Find Tax Relief partners near you

Owe $10k Or More In Back Taxes?

Work with a professional tax relief expert to reduce your debt.

Get Matched Now

About Tax Group Center

Tax Group Center offers tax services to its customers. The core of our business comprises of handling tax debt, but we also provide a variety of other financial services. From individual and business tax preparation, bookkeeping services and merchant account services, Tax Group Centers constantly works on delivering sustainable results. Contact us today and start working towards the path of financial success.

Find Tax Relief partners near you

Pros

• Simple enrollment process
    • Reasonable fees
    • Industry veteran

Cons

• Changes in lawyers and reps can occur throughout the process

Bottom Line

Tax Group Center specializes in tax debt relief, but also offers a variety of other financial services. You may deal with more than one representative while working with the company, but enrollment is simple and straightforward.

Top Tax Group Center Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

For two years, I had been paying the IRS and had gotten my debt down to $15,000. I just couldn’t see any way out. Then I heard about Tax Group Center. I didn't really think they c...

Verified

The IRS sent me a notice stating that I owed a bunch of money when I know that I really didn’t. The first thing to get enrolled with Tax Group was them taking over everything. Ins...

Owe $10k Or More In Back Taxes?

Work with a professional tax relief expert to reduce your debt.

Get Matched Now

What is Tax Group Center?

Tax Group Center provides tax solutions to businesses and individuals who face problems with the IRS and State Taxing Authorities. Some of the challenges they help clients with include IRS tax audits, penalties and interest, tax liens, and wage garnishments.

They have two offices, their headquarters in Calabasas, CA and a second office in Post Falls, ID; however, they serve clients nationwide. Tax Group Center uses California Tax Education Council (CTEC) Certified Tax Consultants, Enrolled Agents, tax attorneys and Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) to assist clients with handling tax debt.

Accreditations: American Society of Tax Problem Solvers, the National Association of Enrolled Agents and the National Association of Tax Professionals.

Tax Group Center Services

Tax Group Center offers several relief solutions and additional financial services to help their clients reach their financial goals. To address a variety of problems, they offer services like:

Innocent Spouse Relief
    Tax Group Center provides Innocent Spouse Relief on joint tax returns, helping individuals avoid tax liability to the IRS and relieving them of tax responsibility, interest and tax penalties if they are not at fault. Some of the cases Tax Group Center handles are situations where parties have divorced and one individual made all the income, or where the reported income was less than the actual amount reported and the other spouse was unaware.
    Currently Not Collectable (CNC)
    When your gross monthly income is lower than the allowable expenses under the National Standards, Tax Group Center can help negotiate a Currently Not Collectible status with the IRS. With the guidance of a professional tax specialist, the IRS can recognize the taxpayer’s inability to pay debts and delay the collection of taxes. Tax Group Center will also help to ensure accounts are not subject to adverse collection, such as bank or wage levies.
    Installment Agreement
    Installment Agreements offer payment plans for taxpayers who need assistance paying off their tax debt over a period of time. The certified consultants, agents, tax attorneys and CPAs with the Tax Group Center will create a plan for individuals and businesses based on how much they owe and can reasonably pay each month. Taxpayers must have filed all tax returns and not have any capacity to borrow the owed amount from other sources (such as a second mortgage or equity in a retirement account).
    IRS Expiration of Statutes
    For Collection Statute Expiration Date (CSED), there are often 10 years allotted before a tax is forgiven, with the date typically set after filing with the IRS. Tax Group Center can assist with a Substitute for Return (SFR), in the case that returns weren’t filed, and with an extension of IRS Expiration of Statutes in the case of Bankruptcy, Offer in Compromise, and certain other circumstances.
    IRS Penalty Abatement
    IRS penalties are often automatic and added to a taxpayer’s account after assessing debt. Tax Group Center can help taxpayers who are having difficulty getting these penalties removed.
    Offer in Compromise
    Tax Group Center will help clients negotiate with the IRS to come to a reasonable repayment amount. This program allows taxpayers to settle tax debts for less and is among one of the most widely used tax relief solutions offered through Tax Group Center.
    Tax Audit Appeals
    When facing a loss or when looking to settle tax problems outside of the court, a Tax Audit Appeal can help individuals and businesses find relief. The specialists at Tax Group Center are versed in how to halt IRS collection activities as well as negotiate with collection managers on behalf of taxpayers.
    Bookkeeping
    In addition to tax relief solutions, Tax Group Center also offers financial services for small business owners. Their monthly bookkeeping services include guidance on operating statements, bank reconciliations, audit trails, balance sheets, financial graphics and budgets. Their specialists provide effective bookkeeping for day-to-day financial transactions and accurate data.

How does Tax Group Center work?

Tax Group Center offers a wide range of expertise in tax resolution. Clients receive personalized solutions after an initial consultation and expert advice. With their help, clients have been relieved of more than $5,000 of their tax debt and settlements. The specialists at Tax Group Center deal one-on-one with the IRS to give clients a stress-free experience.

Tax Group Center cost and fees

Fees at the Tax Group Center start at $1,500 for the initial service agreement and increase depending on the nature of the case and length of service required. Their services include a free consultation and a 100% price protection guarantee.

Do we recommend Tax Group Center?

Backed by 30 years of experience, Tax Group Center is well-versed in dealing with the IRS and provide reasonable services for individuals and businesses looking to settle tax problems. However, clients reported issues with their communication as well as customer service and sometimes found it challenging to stay with one representative throughout the process. Despite these issues, Tax Group Center has helped many happy clients clear up their tax issues.

Tax Group Center Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Group Center?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I feel so blessed because I found this Tax Group Center,, They saved me 100k and really I thought my life was over for good.. After college I really did not know how to balance my finances and found myself in a lot of trouble for not filing my taxes for 5 years. At the time, before covid, I was making pretty good money. I started receiving notices that I owed almost 100k and I freaked out.

I searched online and out of desperation I called. They calmed me down and explained that since I didn't file the IRS filed returns for me with no deductions. They said if they do my unfiled returns to start they can reduce the debt and then resolve the balance. Well they walked me right through it and lord almighty guided me to them as and after the return and settlement they got me I only paid under $1000. I am reborn, I am only leaving this message so if I can just help one person's life it was worth my time writing this. If you are in need of tax help call them asap...thank you Gorsin and Nancy for all your help!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

My situation was out of hand. Felt for many years helpless and defeated like I would never have a normal life again. I found Tax Group Center searching online for someone to help, saw some really great reviews, sounded like my exact situation so I called them. So glad I did. I did not even know the extent of my troubles. It took a day for them to investigate and know the whole situation. Then they provided me the strategy to get missing returns done so we could get me all caught up. That took a few weeks at the same time they started working on collecting financial documents so they could resolve my case once the returns were completed.

Anyway they held my hand the whole way through. I am writing this about 10 months into the process so since everything is resolved and my results are far better than I ever could have dreamed I wanted to let people know how amazing this company is. They saved my life, I finally feel human again. I am happy to refer anyone I know to work with Tax Group Center that has Tax return and tax debt issues they will fix you!!

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Lifesavers! Tax Group Center literally saved my life. I was falling apart. No job, 3 kids and I thought we were heading to becoming homeless. The IRS was sending letter after letter. Thinking about losing my home and everything was causing sleepless nights. I searched the internet and found Tax Group Center's website. I took what turned out to be the greatest decision of my life. They did all my missing returns and knocked my debt down to something affordable. Kept my house, my family and restored my peace of mind and my outlook on life and my family's future. These guys know what they are doing and I highly recommend you calling them.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I rarely leave reviews but I am so impressed with the results and my experience working with this company I was compelled to write one. I have a family and when you have the stress and worry of supporting a family during these tough times with gas prices and groceries going through the roof to add a tax problem with the IRS to the list was another level of stress that was unbearable. Sleepless nights, my wife was worried and the IRs is just relentless with notices almost on a weekly basis.

I found Tax Group Center online and checked out their website so I gave them a call. From the first moment I talked to them I immediately felt a sense of security that things can only get better. Their team walked me through the process and they were always available to answer any questions I had along the way. It took a bit patience on my end but months after my first call everything is resolved and behind me now. Without sharing details I am very satisfied with the results and can say this whole thing is behind us now. Definitely try these guys,

Original review: May 23, 2022

I was referred by a friend that had a great experience working with this company. The results he mentioned sounded too good to be true. I was skeptical but called for a consultation. I like what I was hearing and was told it could take a while but if I followed their instructions (do past tax returns, provide financial information) that I had a good chance of settling my debt for some big savings. So now we are 6 months into this and I am happy to say I am very happy with the settlement and the experience I had working with this company. Highly suggest you reach out to them. My friend and I both had great results!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

TGC really came through for us. Took over for a terrible CPA that ruined us. Got our tax returns in order and then resolved a large debt for an affordable amount. The wife is happy. Happy wife happy life!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Received a settlement with the IRS that saved me a lot of money and relieved a lot of stress in my life. I owe it all to this company's great work. Thank you I could have not done this without your help!

Original review: May 5, 2022

Had an excellent experience working with this group. Resolved all my tax problems in a timely manner. Only wish I hired them sooner because I was so stressed out for a few years. I definitely recommend Tax Group Center.

Original review: March 22, 2022

STAY AWAY From TAX GROUP CENTER - save your money. We had a very bad experience with Tax Group Center Inc., especially with Jennifer **. She is rude. All she cares about is collecting payments. She was unsympathetic, to our situation. She did not explain clearly the entire process. We sent many emails, calls to her staff asking questions about the process and updates in our case, they never answered. It was also hard having to deal with so many people in different departments and no one taking responsibility for the process.

We did 2 payments and still did not receive any information regarding our case, we placed on hold the last payment due to financial hardship and we were told rudely by Jennifer ** that she will cancel our case with no further notice and she just called us to collect that last payment. Please DON'T use Tax Group Center, we made a mistake and lost our 2 payments totaling $4,400.00 which we did not get back. We came to them to help our financial situation with the IRS to negotiate with them but what we received was a bad, rude, unprofessional, unsympathetic person, Jennifer **, to help guide us through a difficult situation. As their client, we had the right to have updates about our case with the IRS but we never got it. We lost money and we were treated very badly. Be aware, DO NOT USE TAX Group Center Inc.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

NIGHTMARE. That's the word that comes to mind when I think of the Tax Group Center. I hired them to help me with a Notice I received from the IRS regarding my 2018 taxes. Everything Tax Group Center asked me to do I did promptly, but they dragged their heels from the beginning. It was my understanding that the IRS forms Tax Group Center asked me to complete and sign would be transmitted to the IRS on my behalf, but they never were. Six weeks later, I found this out only when I got a letter from the IRS saying they've received no response. My attorney at the Tax Group Center wouldn't talk to me. I was told when I signed on with the company that if I didn't like my attorney, that I could get a new one. This wasn't true. I asked to change attorneys, and they said no. My biggest and most costly regret of the year was hiring Tax Group Center.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Tax Group Center author review by Danni White

Tax Group Center helps people in trouble with the IRS or state taxing authorities. It also offers a variety of other tax-related services. Its services are available nationwide.

• Services: Tax Group Center deals with tax levies and liens, unpaid payroll taxes, wage garnishments, bookkeeping, tax preparation, Freedom of Information Act requests and other business and tax services.

• Accreditations: Tax Group Center is a registered member of the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS) and the California Tax Education Council (CTEC).

• Enrolled agents: Tax Group Center employs agents who are licensed by the IRS to prepare tax returns.

• Minimum debt required: Tax Group Center doesn’t have a minimum tax debt requirement.

by Danni White ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Danni White is committed to providing valuable resources designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions. Danni specializes in content strategy and development, with over a decade of professional writing and research experience.

Tax Group Center Company Information