toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My experience with Tax Group Center was not very good. The process was so slow and took so long. It was actually my ex-wife who hired them, and we got divorced. She thought that she would go to California, towards the Calabasas, but she can't get it done, so that was the mess up there. Furthermore, after I got divorced, my ex-wife had information that she wouldn't give to me and everything was always a mix-up. There was no communication whatsoever with Tax Group. I've given them $40,000 in all and they've not completed their services with my taxes yet.

I've gotten served by three different representatives. Right now, I'm dealing with Jessica and some other representative. But every time I come over there, it's so hard to find the person who's handling my account. I'm always being switched over and nobody seems to know who is handling my account. They have my email address and my phone number, but I don't get enough updates through call or email on the status of my account. I wouldn't recommend Tax Group. I live in Texas, in the Bryan College Station area, and I wish I would have gotten somebody there, because I'd rather talk with somebody face to face.

I was in business and after 2008 it hit the bottom. I owed the IRS some taxes and I needed relief. Tax Group Center worked to reduce the amount that I owed. But in all reality, the amounts that I paid the Tax Group would have been equal to that which I ought to pay in taxes, so it's balanced off. I still had to pay, but their service resolved the issue. Towards the end, they told me one thing and then it ended up something else. But overall, it was a great experience and if I had to do it again, I'd use them.

I was trying to resolve some back taxes with the IRS with Tax Group Center's amnesty program and it's been at least two years and they're dragging their feet. I initially owed the IRS $13,000, which it's about $14,000 now. Tax Group said they could knock this out real quick. When they came up with a negotiation the first time, they said I needed to send the IRS this much money, but to not send it yet. So, I waited and was just left in limbo. I've talked to Tax Group this year and they said the IRS took too long so we got to start all over and that this will be resolved in a couple of weeks. They told me to send them this much money. They broke it down in payments and they're taking them out of my wife's Social Security checks. Nothing's happened. No phone calls returned.

I've worked with three people - Benjie, Dean and Loren. I also have talked with Dean's secretary and she was trying to do things that she couldn't do. She's very limited. I feel like I'm getting ripped off. You don't charge me three times and then not get anything done. You're supposed to be professional. A lot of times I'll leave voicemail and they never answer my voicemail. Their receptionist is extremely rude. I'm really frustrated. I didn't make a threat, but I told them I need to come up and talk to them and they didn't like that idea that I was going to go to their office just to see what's going on.

I'm at the point right now where if I had my way, I would take them to court and get all my money back and just make payment arrangements 'cause I'm spending that much money. I can't let this drag on 'cause the IRS is doing what they have to do. Tax Group said they were going to stop the IRS from taking money out of my Social Security but the IRS doesn't care. I just got a letter from the IRS a week ago saying “Don't call Social Security” 'cause they're still going to take this money out of my Social Security checks. They're still doing it and it's hurting me. Tax Group sucks.

I had some financial problems with the IRS and got a random call one day from the Tax Group Center. I'm glad that I answered. I was kind of skeptical at first about paying the fee upfront before the job was done but everything worked out fine. The Tax Group Center gets the job done and they solved my problems with the IRS. Thank you Tax Group Center for all your help.

A friend suggested I seek help from Tax Group Center because of IRS and their threatening letters about trying to take your property and garnishing wages. I used their services for my business back taxes. I wasn't up to par with my taxes and they helped me settle it with the IRS. I had two people work for me from Tax Group in Calabasas, California. They read me the terms and conditions, gave them an initial payment of about $700. Then they stopped all threatening letters. From there, we went to several hearings. They represented me in several hearings. We came to an agreement with the IRS and they accepted our offer and compromise. It was upfront compromise. There’s still a couple of years of payments, or a year then, we settled.

I thought they were moving too slow and it was taking longer than I thought it would. But eventually we resolved it. I would recommend them. Give it a try, it worked for me. Hopefully, the same people are still working there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Group Center?

I have early Alzheimer's and I was supposed to pay some taxes back and I did not. My sister contacted Tax Group Center for me. They touched base with me to explain what they were doing. I have paid those taxes off and I should be free and clear now. I wrote their name and phone number down in my phone book and I give their phone number anytime someone asks.

I was trying to resolve some tax issues with the Federal government. I tried a different company before but they took my money and didn't do anything. When I went to call and tell them they only did the Federal and not the other half, they were nowhere to be found. I went with Tax Group Center and they did my taxes for 2015 and they drafted me an offer of compromise. I told them that I was not ready to go through with this and wanted them to cancel it. But they made it look like they can't cancel it so I went through with it.

At first, they were a little bit slow. I kept sending them the paperwork but two or three months later they'd say they didn't get something, instead of getting right back to me within a week or two, which was annoying. It was just so much paperwork for them to go through that they were missing stuff. It took them a while to get my paperwork together but when they finally did, it was wonderful.

I went through three different negotiators but when I finally got Jennifer, it didn't take long to get everything resolved. She was very attentive, helped me out and took care of my needs in a timely manner. Anytime I called her, I got a call back. She's the lawyer and the person who dealt with the IRS. She was very human, down-to-earth, and talked to me like a friend.

I'm going to be paying off soon and this is going to relieve a lot of financial stress on me. Tax Group helped me out and I'm happy to be getting this resolved. After the offer of compromise and everything is paid up, they're supposed to help me get out of the single zero. I will refer friends to Tax Group Center. My only suggestion is to mail or fax stuff to them individually to make sure that they got it.

The IRS said I owed them money. They said I did something which I couldn't have done because I was locked up in prison when that happened. They said they were also going to charge me money just to see all the filed tax returns for me. I went with Tax Group and they kept me informed like they said. Every time that one part got done, they’re performing something else. In addition, the paperwork wasn't that much - 30 pages to fill out. It cost me $100. It's $1,500 to Tax Group but the IRS wanted $5,000 and I didn't know what it was for, but the Tax Group resolved it and did a good job. I will recommend t6hem.

Tax Group Center Company Profile