toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I paid Tax Group Center $3,000 for a compromise plan for my back taxes but I ended up doing them myself. I was going through a lot of stuff and I wanted to pay someone else to take care of it. But Tax Group Center kept messing up my paperwork and I had to file it three different times. It was ridiculous that I had to redo it for them and file it myself. They couldn’t even get my name on the paperwork correctly. And I got a worse deal than I could have had because of the mistakes they made on my paperwork so I'm not real happy.

Jacob, the tax attorney I worked with, was really nice and he explained the offering compromise status but I already knew all of that. I worked directly with the IRS and did my own compromise plan. The IRS saw my back taxes and returns and I thought the way Tax Group Center filed my paperwork would count for my compromise but it didn't. I was very frustrated. There's a level of incompetence in their back office and I would tell a friend to not bother with them.

I had some old taxes that I had to pay and I want to fix them. I called several people and I landed on Tax Group Center. I'm on disability now. I couldn't see the money coming in for me to pay it so I tried them. Their rep was easy to work with. When I told him what my issues were he already understood. Their service worked good for me. I ended up paying about a hundred and something dollars. I like to speak with one person but something happened to the guy who initially signed me up. It did make me a little bit concerned because I don’t like to talk to a bunch of people about one issue but it all turned out okay. It took some months but they had done everything in a timely manner. If I hadn’t been working with Tax Group Center, I'll be trying to pay $10,000 worth of taxes that I don’t have and I'm glad that’s behind me now. I sleep well at night now. I'll work with them again if I have to and I would definitely refer them to a friend.

Tax Group Center did a good job. They are the best. I needed help with my taxes and they were willing to do without any money down. Everybody else had to have so much money out. At first, they kind of did. They needed to have $2,500 but I'm never going to get my taxes done with that. What was nice was that they called me back and said that maybe they can work with me. They lowered it down to $500 and then I can start making payments. They were working on my personal account and going back and figuring out on what and where I stood. We had to keep going back years because I couldn't get it straightened. They were really patient. It all worked out and it was good.

The only thing that they really can't help me with is in Michigan, where I live, the government is really hard. The state called me and said that I owe them money a year after I was settled with everything. I told them that I already paid them money and made an arrangement. I informed Tax Group Center about this and they said not to worry. They’re working it out and that they’ll get back in touch with me. It’s been a year and a half now, but I haven’t heard anything from anybody. Also, My interactions with the Tax Group Center were good but I got different people. Sometimes, a guy will have my case and then a lady and then another guy. It depends on how long things take to get settled or somebody went to a different department and they do different work.

There were a couple of moments where I got really upset because we did everything we could do and the rep is telling me I can't do anything more and have to do everything all over again. There were a couple of things where I had to pay a little extra because they didn't get the paperwork in that I didn't know about. I was invited for something I didn't sign which I had to re-sign, hurry up and fax to them. Miscommunication happens because I’m not dealing with them in their office. They're in California or another state and I’m here and I might not see that little dotted yellow line that they circled or marked. There's so much paperwork that I might miss something I didn't mean to. In the end though, Tax Group Center helped me out. I was pleased with them.

Tax Group Center did a good job. I had 10 years worth of back taxes and they got it down to $38,000 and got it settled for $100. Initially, they offered me a payment plan wherein, they didn't mind taking three or four payments to get the money together to do the service. It turns out, they were better. Before this, I had settled with JK Harris. Then once the figures came around and the IRS audited me, they came up with a reason to deny me. So, I owed them all that money all over again. JK Harris didn't even want to even lift a finger to help but Tax Group Center was good with me all the way until the IRS said they'll seize my refund and audit me. That’s another reason why I stuck with them. They promised to back me up all the way until we’re finished. It was excellent.

The negotiator was knowledgeable of the statutes of limitations from the collectible taxes, plus was friendly and polite. When we spoke with the IRS regarding the decision to settle for $100, she handled it beautifully. She's very professional and direct to the point. If I had any questions, I could call at any time. I never had a problem getting a hold of anybody or anybody explaining anything that I needed to know about. It was great. I paid for a total of no more than six months. The majority of that was them negotiating with the IRS, so it was settled not long at all. I have recommended Tax Group Center to a friend.

Tax Group Center never finalized on what they were supposed to be doing with my taxes. They were good but when it came down to finalizing my tax, I got a letter and no information went into my statement of payment so I ended up losing all the money I spent with them. I got a phone number to call the IRS and every time I call, I left messages. I never got a return phone call and I wanted to make the payment with what they were asking me to pay. There was no information where to send the payment. Then I get all the information back from the IRS saying that I still owe taxes. So I lost a lot of money with the Tax Group and also I still have to pay the IRS. I lost all the way around. This was 2015, and I still haven’t heard from TGC now. I tried contacting them and nobody’s giving me a call. Do not use Tax Group Center.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Group Center?

I’ve had the best experience with Tax Group Center in helping me with getting the IRS off my back. Initially, I had a bad experience with another company. With TGC, everything was taken care of. They put in an offer compromise which the IRS accepted. TGC kept me abreast on everything with letters stating what they were doing and that there were no problems with putting in the paperwork. It worked out great and I haven't had any problem since. In fact, I've got a tax attorney that I gave TGC's number. I filed bankruptcy and he was impressed with how everything was handled by TGC. He's probably given their number to his clients now.

Tax Group Center was great. They've made everything that I needed for them to make and they got the job done. I needed help with my personal income tax and Jason, TGC’s representative, informed me on the process. I found that it was affordable and he got on it right then and there. Everything he promised, he delivered. After a year, I am debt free from taxes. TGC’s negotiator contacted my creditors with me on the line and he was able to stop my payments right then and there. He told me to take my time in paying. Since he understood my financial situation, he didn't want to put a partial burden on me. The payment plan that he gave me was great so I was able to pay my debts off early.

My aunt had given me their info to call them so that they can help with my son’s tax problem. My son is out of work and he needed help. They charged me $1750.00 and I had paid them in increments of $250.00 and my last payment was suppose to be $300.00. I never heard from the person that was suppose to help me until I had called in April 2017 and spoke to the tax attorney Jennifer ** for the first time. She didn't even know who I was. Then I needed help to amend my son’s taxes. She wanted to charge $400.00. I told her, “No. I can't pay that.” She said, “As soon as you can take care of that then we can help you.” After that conversation I had made up my mind to pay off on the fee agreement and not contact them anymore.

Contacted them today to see if they had withdrew the last payment of $300.00. I was told by their receptionist (after I had asked for the bookkeeping department) that my payment was rejected. I knew that wasn't true. Called my bank and was informed that no one from this company had tried to put anything through. So they don't tell the truth. I don't know what is going on but I don't want nothing else to do with this company ever. Like I said very bad mistake.

I owed back taxes and I worked with Tax Group Center for individual tax reduction. However, I wasn't happy with their services and I did not have a good experience. I kept getting shuffled around and my interaction with the customer service was not good. Initially, I had a gentleman that was the tax preparer. I had talked to him the first couple of times and then every time I called back after that, I got his assistant. Then later on, even the assistant wasn't able to call and he pushed me off onto some other lady. So, I ended up being associated with them for a couple of years just because they didn't fully explain everything.

Then, they ended up charging me for my tax return of the next year because not everything was finished the first year cycle. That was almost $1000 more just to keep going with the previous plan. Then, they kept adding on new year’s because things had not been finalized. I ended up saving a few thousand dollars, which was about a third of what I owed in taxes, but they ended up charging me way more than what we initially talked about. The money I had to pay them would have been the same money I would have had to pay the IRS. It wasn't as inexpensive as they made it seem and it wasn't a friendly experience either. I would tell others not to do it.

Tax Group Center does our taxes every year and we've had really good results with them. They know us by now and we feel comfortable with them. A few years ago, they helped us with an offer in compromise. It was a lot of paperwork but worked great. For this last year's taxes though, we had a couple of mess-ups by the preparer. She wasn't paying attention to our address and I had to get that straightened out with them. Other than that, they've been really great. I would recommend them for anyone who has any problems or needs someone to do a reasonable price tax return for them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Paid $800.00 to get my state taxes resolved. "Offer in compromise" six months later and no progress in my case. I contacted Mr. ** through emails and phone calls and he never returns my call... So I end up let it go. Sad but it's okay.

Tax Group Center helped me in resolving the IRS issue. I had owed IRS and they assisted me with everything that I needed. I had called the negotiator a couple of times and the interactions I've had with him was great. His expertise was good, too. They did what they were supposed to do and everything came out perfect. Right now, I don't have to worry about the IRS anymore. I got all that taken care of. I'll start getting myself some income tax there now. But, it's a wild plan to start getting it. When I was talking to a friend, she asked about them and I gave her the number of Tax Group Center. I told her how great of a job they all did for me.

The IRS said I owed them money. They said I did something which I couldn't have done because I was locked up in prison when that happened. They said they were also going to charge me money just to see all the filed tax returns for me. I went with Tax Group and they kept me informed like they said. Every time that one part got done, they’re performing something else. In addition, the paperwork wasn't that much - 30 pages to fill out. It cost me $100. It's $1,500 to Tax Group but the IRS wanted $5,000 and I didn't know what it was for, but the Tax Group resolved it and did a good job. I will recommend t6hem.

My experience with Tax Group Center was not very good. The process was so slow and took so long. It was actually my ex-wife who hired them, and we got divorced. She thought that she would go to California, towards the Calabasas, but she can't get it done, so that was the mess up there. Furthermore, after I got divorced, my ex-wife had information that she wouldn't give to me and everything was always a mix-up. There was no communication whatsoever with Tax Group. I've given them $40,000 in all and they've not completed their services with my taxes yet.

I've gotten served by three different representatives. Right now, I'm dealing with Jessica and some other representative. But every time I come over there, it's so hard to find the person who's handling my account. I'm always being switched over and nobody seems to know who is handling my account. They have my email address and my phone number, but I don't get enough updates through call or email on the status of my account. I wouldn't recommend Tax Group. I live in Texas, in the Bryan College Station area, and I wish I would have gotten somebody there, because I'd rather talk with somebody face to face.

I was in business and after 2008 it hit the bottom. I owed the IRS some taxes and I needed relief. Tax Group Center worked to reduce the amount that I owed. But in all reality, the amounts that I paid the Tax Group would have been equal to that which I ought to pay in taxes, so it's balanced off. I still had to pay, but their service resolved the issue. Towards the end, they told me one thing and then it ended up something else. But overall, it was a great experience and if I had to do it again, I'd use them.

I was trying to resolve some back taxes with the IRS with Tax Group Center's amnesty program and it's been at least two years and they're dragging their feet. I initially owed the IRS $13,000, which it's about $14,000 now. Tax Group said they could knock this out real quick. When they came up with a negotiation the first time, they said I needed to send the IRS this much money, but to not send it yet. So, I waited and was just left in limbo. I've talked to Tax Group this year and they said the IRS took too long so we got to start all over and that this will be resolved in a couple of weeks. They told me to send them this much money. They broke it down in payments and they're taking them out of my wife's Social Security checks. Nothing's happened. No phone calls returned.

I've worked with three people - Benjie, Dean and Loren. I also have talked with Dean's secretary and she was trying to do things that she couldn't do. She's very limited. I feel like I'm getting ripped off. You don't charge me three times and then not get anything done. You're supposed to be professional. A lot of times I'll leave voicemail and they never answer my voicemail. Their receptionist is extremely rude. I'm really frustrated. I didn't make a threat, but I told them I need to come up and talk to them and they didn't like that idea that I was going to go to their office just to see what's going on.

I'm at the point right now where if I had my way, I would take them to court and get all my money back and just make payment arrangements 'cause I'm spending that much money. I can't let this drag on 'cause the IRS is doing what they have to do. Tax Group said they were going to stop the IRS from taking money out of my Social Security but the IRS doesn't care. I just got a letter from the IRS a week ago saying “Don't call Social Security” 'cause they're still going to take this money out of my Social Security checks. They're still doing it and it's hurting me. Tax Group sucks.

I had some financial problems with the IRS and got a random call one day from the Tax Group Center. I'm glad that I answered. I was kind of skeptical at first about paying the fee upfront before the job was done but everything worked out fine. The Tax Group Center gets the job done and they solved my problems with the IRS. Thank you Tax Group Center for all your help.

A friend suggested I seek help from Tax Group Center because of IRS and their threatening letters about trying to take your property and garnishing wages. I used their services for my business back taxes. I wasn't up to par with my taxes and they helped me settle it with the IRS. I had two people work for me from Tax Group in Calabasas, California. They read me the terms and conditions, gave them an initial payment of about $700. Then they stopped all threatening letters. From there, we went to several hearings. They represented me in several hearings. We came to an agreement with the IRS and they accepted our offer and compromise. It was upfront compromise. There’s still a couple of years of payments, or a year then, we settled.

I thought they were moving too slow and it was taking longer than I thought it would. But eventually we resolved it. I would recommend them. Give it a try, it worked for me. Hopefully, the same people are still working there.

I have early Alzheimer's and I was supposed to pay some taxes back and I did not. My sister contacted Tax Group Center for me. They touched base with me to explain what they were doing. I have paid those taxes off and I should be free and clear now. I wrote their name and phone number down in my phone book and I give their phone number anytime someone asks.

I was trying to resolve some tax issues with the Federal government. I tried a different company before but they took my money and didn't do anything. When I went to call and tell them they only did the Federal and not the other half, they were nowhere to be found. I went with Tax Group Center and they did my taxes for 2015 and they drafted me an offer of compromise. I told them that I was not ready to go through with this and wanted them to cancel it. But they made it look like they can't cancel it so I went through with it.

At first, they were a little bit slow. I kept sending them the paperwork but two or three months later they'd say they didn't get something, instead of getting right back to me within a week or two, which was annoying. It was just so much paperwork for them to go through that they were missing stuff. It took them a while to get my paperwork together but when they finally did, it was wonderful.

I went through three different negotiators but when I finally got Jennifer, it didn't take long to get everything resolved. She was very attentive, helped me out and took care of my needs in a timely manner. Anytime I called her, I got a call back. She's the lawyer and the person who dealt with the IRS. She was very human, down-to-earth, and talked to me like a friend.

I'm going to be paying off soon and this is going to relieve a lot of financial stress on me. Tax Group helped me out and I'm happy to be getting this resolved. After the offer of compromise and everything is paid up, they're supposed to help me get out of the single zero. I will refer friends to Tax Group Center. My only suggestion is to mail or fax stuff to them individually to make sure that they got it.

Tax Group Center Company Profile