3.67/5
Based on 63 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Tax Group Center offers tax services to its customers. The core of our business comprises of handling tax debt, but we also provide a variety of other financial services. From individual and business tax preparation, bookkeeping services and merchant account services, Tax Group Centers constantly works on delivering sustainable results. Contact us today and start working towards the path of financial success.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 20, 2018

69 Tax Group Center Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

My federal tax was pretty bad. Tax Group Center had a lot more to offer than the other companies, and the enrollment was simple. I told them my story and they broke everything down. They told me what help I needed to do to get started and how many payments I would make. It was 45 months and they took it from there. Every movement they made, they made sure I knew about it and what was coming up next. They were really thorough. My rep was also top dog. She told me every move that I was making, things that needed to get done and things that she needed for me to get to her. She made sure that I knew in advance to give me time to get it.

Tax Group Center has helped me a lot. I got my letter from the IRS and everything is really done with them right now. Basically, they said they were gonna take my tax for the next three or four years. I need to go back with them because the last year, I was with Tax Group but they took over $11,000 from me. And I only owe 20. They overcharged me. That was a lot of money within a year’s span. But my credit line is awesome right now. I’m now towards the 700s and I have no complaints. Tax Group Center served their purpose.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I haven’t paid my California and US taxes, and I looked up Tax Group Center. A very helpful young man got all my information and talked to me about what I needed to do. I did what he said and in the long run, I was paying everything and he got the payment reduced so that I can handle it. I paid the amount that he brought me into and it was all taken care of. He really impressed me. He was very good and guided me the whole way through it. Working with the Tax Group took a big load off of me, and I’m in good shape now. And if my friends are having tax problems, I would tell them that Tax Group is a good place to go.

Original review: April 17, 2018

In July of 2016 I contacted the Tax Group Center about taking care of my tax issues. I was greeted quickly and discussed the details with a consultant. We discussed price and I began paying monthly to get my situation resolved. I was told that everything was in progress and if I get any letters from the IRS to pass on to The Tax Group and I did. Well months passed by with no word from anyone with Tax Group. I then began to think it was some sort of scam, so I called to ask for my rep. He said "don't threaten us, we are busy with many cases". He said I would hear from the attorney shortly. I explained that's all I want to do. I waited another 3 months. Hear nothing from them, I called again, only to learn that my attorney was busy and will give me a call when she returns. I waited another two months. I heard nothing.

I sent multiple emails with zero response and called several more times with no response. Finally, they sent me a letter saying that they will need to prepare my taxes for 2016, it will cost me another $1,250.00, I paid again, for a total of $2,500.00. I finally called and spoke with an assistant, she gave me the details about the next steps, that my attorney will need to call me, as she is reviewing my case. I waited and waited for several more months, going about my life, hearing nothing. Today I get home and find 13 envelopes from the IRS, each of which telling me that my account has been turned over to a collection agency.

I called the Tax Group Center and asked to speak with Mingy **, my tax attorney, they said she is not in today (same damn story), in fact the receptionist was very rude! I want something done about this IMMEDIATELY! I am not a rich person and cannot afford legal fees and to contract another tax company. I have lost $2500.00 that I did not have (took out loans to pay) and now I'm being hounded once again by the IRS, what can I do, what are my options???

Original review: April 14, 2018

The Tax Group has sent me 6 letters in the last two days, all of them threatening asset seizure, wage garnishment, and bank levies if I don't pay a state income tax debt. NEWS FLASH, Washington State does NOT HAVE STATE INCOME TAX. This so-called company is phishing for info, and aiming for $$. DON'T GIVE THEM A CENT! THEY ARE NOT LEGITIMATE. I don't know how people like this sleep at night, freaking sociopaths who don't care about STEALING people's hard earned money. Shame on them!

Original review: April 11, 2018

They will not return your phone calls after you have paid them the money owe them. It's always the same thing. They will get back with you in 24 to 48 hours. Well they don't. They tell you at first they can get your taxes down, take your money and in the end they don't help. I spent $2900 and they didn't do any but send me paper work to fill out and send to IRS. You don't have to have them to do that for you. I'm going to come and put a review in every week till someone calls me and tell why they didn't help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Group Center?

Original review: April 10, 2018

You all have been so good to me. You all help me out a whole lot. Thank you all for helping me. If I need your help I will come you all. I will let other people know about you all. I will let them know how good you all is.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I couldn't work anymore and we had to close the business down because of illness. But social security didn't leave us enough every month to do what we needed to do. Tax Group Center seemed straight-up, so I sought help from them for the taxes that we owed. Enrolling in their program was easy. My negotiator was wonderful and I was very comfortable with him. He was very straight-up in talking and I could get a hold of him any time that I needed to. The program worked fine. We paid them so much every month for 17 months. Then Tax Group Center had an agreement with the IRS wherein we would pay off the taxes that we owed with a monthly payment that we could afford. It has been eight months now since we finished with the program. Tax Group Center was terrific and they really helped us.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I was contacted by The Tax Group, and discussing this subject is sensitive and personal. When I was transferred to the “Tax Relief Assistant” from the original call canvasser, I asked about the Tax Relief Company and where it was located. The man refused to give me the information telling me he needed my information first so he could see if he could help me. RED FLAG! I told him. "If you’re a legitimate company then you shouldn’t have any problem giving me your address" and he just hung up! So be wary and my feeling is they are scammers and phishing and are not legitimate at all.

Original review: March 14, 2018

My experience with Tax Group Center was the worst experience of my life. It was the most hellacious 15 months and I honestly do believe that was why I developed cancer because I was stressed every single day for 15 months. It started out wonderful. I called Tax Group Center and I went ahead and I gave the 2000 dollars. The guy I dealt with told me that they would be doing state and federal. And he said that they would hold my hand and walk me all the way through. I felt very comfortable for the first two months. But then I was freaking out because we were going to have to file an extension, which I don’t want to do. He was going through all that part of the process, and I wasn't aware that we've had to file an extension for it. And then they sent it from California to the Idaho office. And I started working with the Idaho office and I swear, the lady up there hates me as bad as I hate her. But it was okay.

I've spent so much money, sending Tax Group Center faxes and getting copies. We went in further and it was about four more months and they let me know that the guy that was over my case left the company. They reassigned me to somebody else but I never heard from the other person that was reassigned to me. So it went on another four months and one woman kept on calling me and telling me what other papers they needed. I would go to all of my files and pull out all of my medical bills. I was doing this every day and finally got it sent up to them. I spent probably $200 on mail just because it was so much paper. I was so relieved when it was over. I got a letter from IRS and I finally worked the IRS myself. I've just started calling IRS myself and they said that they haven't received this and that they need this.

The also told me that they don't do state, they only do federal. So, I went ahead and paid $6,200 or something to the state, then I had nothing left to pay for the federal in. So, I was sweating badly because I didn't know how I was going to pay it if I owed it. And then he called and said that they'll give me the result and I only have to pay $100 to federal. I went ahead and did that. And then last year, I understood that I wouldn't be able to get a refund. But I got a return but it said it was delayed and they had never transferred me over as I haven't done all of the things that I was supposed to do. They hadn't changed my code and so they were holding my refund. I got my refund in August. And then shortly after, I was diagnosed with cancer.

I didn't realize that everything was going to be long distance and I thought there may be a location close to me. I never understood and it wasn't until after I sent the money that I realized that it was going to be working out of California, which was in Idaho. I had really high hopes at the beginning. But now, it's just a memory that I don't ever want to remember. I would never ever use Tax Group Center again and would never recommend it to anyone else. I had called so frequently that the receptionist recognized my voice and they've started to put me on hold for a longer time or tell me that the person I was trying to reach wasn't in the office right at that moment. Now, I couldn't file and I just pay so it's all good. My cancer's gone and I am doing fine. But it was a hard thing to do, being a single person. Just dealing with it was very hard.

Original review: March 12, 2018

The first time I called the Tax Group Center, they originally set me up on a payment plan and I had to comply with the payment plan for two years. After two years, I was able to have my case reviewed again and that's when I employed Tax Group to resolve the issue. This time, without the taxes being resolved, the IRS had made an exorbitant amount through penalties and interest. The Tax Group Center already had my information at that time, but what happened was, the company had changed hands. When I asked their representative, I followed the protocol. In fact, I may have only even get it for a year on the payment plan but in order for the IRS to consider an offer, I had to be on this payment program for a year or more.

Then, the payment program has expired at the time the company changed hands. Since this representative I dealt with was still working with them, I ended up getting in touch with them again. They had to go through it all over and I paid $6,000 fee and then, they took my case and we spent the next 18 months going back and forth with the correspondence with the IRS until an offer was submitted. What was good is that I've been making payments the whole time and then they actually accepted those payments up to that point as part of the payment.

So in the end, I finished giving IRS $3,200 and they released my tax lien. While it took some time, I never ignored any of the papers that came from the IRS. I continued to follow the correspondence. I needed help to resolve it and make sure that I didn't have any garnishments or lease on my home or anything of that nature since it was one of those things that can put a huge mental and financial strain on somebody. Besides, they'd kept blowing it up until $82,000 so I can't thank the Tax Group Center enough for the help they gave me.

In addition, it was nice to work with somebody that is real and doesn't play automated games. I had real counsel when I was left to my own wits, which can drive oneself crazy with the worry and everything of it. Their representative was very concerned about my well-being and getting the issue resolved and in the end, it was actually amazing when the IRS had accepted the $5,000 offer, which was a minimum offer. So, it's truly remarkable that the Tax Group Center was able to accomplish that.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I would give them less than one star if possible. We have been lied to by this company. They have dragged things out so long. Each time making it our fault and charging us more money. They never did resolve our tax problem. They would say they called and asked for papers and I never sent them. Not true, I would send papers then call to see if they got them. I could rarely get a hold of a real person. They would not call back. Our last conversation they hung up on me. Please don’t use this company. They cannot be trusted.

Original review: March 3, 2018

When I first called, Tax Group Center was the cheapest. They sent a form out of the whole bunch of pages that they needed me to fill out. At that time, I was working on the road so, I couldn't get it back to my agent quickly. I didn't have time to get the information that he wanted, so he blew me off. They closed out and said that I needed to pay another $500. However, I was three months in, so I had to keep on going because I didn't want to start all over again with another tax company.

I hung in there and once I got Jennifer, I felt a lot better. I transmitted more money and she has gotten me back on track. Now, I'm waiting on some information from her. She's going to send some forms that I still haven't received yet. She seems aggressive with everything and she was a little slow about communicating with me and then it got better with her. I didn't file my taxes for two years in a row. I haven't received them back yet but at least IRS took me out of their thing, which I'm really happy about. Tax Group Center handled the situation for me, but they were not very professional overall.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I used to have a tax debt that hovered over of me for a lot of years. It was a lot of money. I was out of it all at once for a child that I raise and calls me dad. Her mom would charged me to file them and then turned around and file it herself. When the audit came down I bought the brother back. All the refunds I had gathered in those previous years cost me carrying that one daughter that I had at that time. I had to pay back so I was stuck. I didn't make the kind of money that I needed to make in order to pay that debt off.

When I went to Tax Group Center I was desperate. I've gotten married and we were trying to accomplish some things. My end of the relationship was what was holding us back from things so when I sought them out it was easy enough for me to take away from the meager budget at that time and tell them what I needed to pay in order to get the debts resolved. Their fees were more reasonable compared to other companies. The fees were astronomical in order to even get things started but they were able to work with me on my budget. I always file taxes even though I didn't get anything back. They helped me clear that outstanding debt and those fees that I owe because I was owing $80,000. They were doing all of the negotiating for me because I didn't know the lingo. They would just let me know what I needed to pay.

The negotiator was very open, very honest, very considerate of my situation, my needs, and my family's needs. You don't get that from a lot of people. Everybody is so caught up with their bottom lines and what the underlying factors are for the organizations that they worked for. Integrity kind of goes out the window with a whole lot of people. But this person made me feel like, "Okay, if I was in your situation. I want somebody to listen to me so, I'm going to do everything I can to assist you and making sure everything that you need to have happened, happen at a rate that you can afford for it." I appreciated that. It felt like I was his only case which I knew better than that. But that's how consistent he was. I knew everything that was going on and I was always in the loop.

I'm done with the process now and I've been receiving my taxes for the last couple of years. I received my letter letting me know that I was free and clear from the IRS which is a big relief. The whole process took a year and a half. It was great and it didn't take a very long time. I thought it would be much longer. But I have had the debt hovering over me so long that no amount of time really was considered and I just wanted it gone. Once it was done, it was done and we've been doing great since. I can file my taxes now with my family and not be a detriment to us versus the advantages that you get with having three minor children and a wife and not making astronomical amounts of money. I can claim household repairs and I can get money back at the beginning of every year. We use that money every year to kind of do some improvements to our house.

A lot of my friends knew the gist of my experience. But for the average middle-class American the tax is a time to recoup some major money that you can do some things with. A vacation, home improvements or a car repair or things of that nature that we don't otherwise get to do because most of us are living from check to check. I'd wholeheartedly recommend Tax Group Center.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Tax Group Center did a beautiful job for me. I had some delinquency with the IRS. I went with TGC and they called me back in intervals, asking me certain questions. I was doing some part-time work and they were asking me about my income. The two negotiators I dealt with were superb. Whenever I had a question, I called and got answers. IRS then called me, sent me a letter saying that some of my tax had been forgiven. I got a lesser balance and was able to pay them off.

I also had a situation where my employer gave me a pension, but they never took the tax out. Then, they sent me a letter two years later saying that they forgot to take the tax out, but that was too late. IRS was on my butt about what they've done and IRS wanted their money. I can get a lawyer and spend more money, but TGC relieved that burden and I was very pleased. From the IRS to talking initially with TGC, the entire process took about four years. The outcome was tremendous and I would recommend them. I don't know if another company could have done the same. Call and talk with TGC. They can help you and get you on the right way.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Somebody mentioned Tax Group Center to me because I owed the I.R.S. some money. I owed $17,000 and I ended up paying $100. The fee I had to pay them was $1,500, to be paid over a year span. I wanted to pay a $100 and I had paid a $100. I said, "Wait a minute. So, you just throw 17 grand away?" Something's wrong here. He says, "No. I got the paperwork." I called the I.R.S. and the I.R.S said, "You wanted it." I recommend Tax Group Center to all the people out there. They were terrific. All of their people are the best and they took care of me. They took a load off my mind.

I've taken $1,500 over a 12 month period because I was just starting a job. I couldn't afford the $1,500 up front. I sent statements to them and then they took care of half and resolved a plan. I was quite flabbergasted. I was on the job and I was on the phone with that guy for 15 minutes trying to figure out and I just couldn't believe it. If I ever have a problem again, I'll call them. Their service was the best and it changed my life.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I needed help with my back taxes and Tax Group Center pretty much did everything for me. Their rep was really nice and she explained a lot of stuff to me. I was happy with the service as well as the people I spoke with. They were always nice and professional. The process took about a couple of months, and it was a little quicker than I thought it would take. Tax Group Center did what they said they were going to do and they got me out of a bad situation.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Tax Group Center helped me get my taxes reduced. But the enrollment process was ridiculous. One guy I talked to was going to set me up but then I had to talk to two other people before I get to talk to somebody who was going to help me. I asked why and they gave me a runaround excuse. Also, I had to call three or four times and it was somebody different before I talked to anybody. Then when I finally got somebody who was able to help me, I had to call her several times before I could get an answer. Even so, she got me out of the situation and I don't owe any more money to the IRS.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

It's been five years since I worked with the Tax Group Center. I had back taxes that I needed to settle. During the enrollment process, they asked for a bunch of stuff, which I faxed to them and then I had to get some things notarized. After that, they reached out to the IRS and they made an offer. I owe them around eight thousand and Tax Group got it reduced to a hundred dollars. Then they took my first return that following year and they said that as long as I don't owe any taxes for the next five years then I’m alright. For the most part, their negotiator answered when I called. I had one person whom I dealt with, and then, the actual case went to a lawyer, whom I have spoken a few times. It was a painless experience.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Working with Tax Group Center has been a horrendous experience. Their team lied about contacting the State to verify the amount I owed. They lied about the amount I owed and used scare tactics to influence my decision to sign up with them. They did not uphold the contract I signed, would not comply with mine or my lawyers' request for documentation and would not return my emails. Tax Group Center took 6k from me and did not provide any services as stipulated in the contract. This is a scam and nobody should be victimized like this.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Tax Group Center took care of my taxes for me several years ago and the experience with them was all right. I hadn't paid some taxes for a period of time and got behind. I worked with a team of lawyers in Calabasas, California and several different guys were working on it, but they cleared it up. They did a good job but it was like pulling teeth for a couple of years. I had done that before with another lawyer and it was a little bit easier. Nevertheless, Tax Group Center came through for me and we got it done.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I had a tax liability which I had concurrent with an emerging mental health problem. I was unable to get any of my taxes filed for years which resulted in penalties and interests. I worked with a couple of people in Massachusetts to no avail, then I got to the Tax Group through an advertisement and decided to give them a try. They did a great job for me. They did the Offer in Compromise for the federal taxes and that was forgiven. Then with the Department of Revenue, I got a payment plan for a while and they settled for what I was able to afford. I had to provide Tax Group's reps with my medical records since medical documentation in my case was the key, and as many of the communications that I had, including as much paperwork and unfiled tax returns.

They settled my IRS problem fairly quick while the one with the State took a longer time. It was a couple of years but it was due to some internal organizational things that weren’t really related to me specifically, but it did go on. I’m bipolar and I had a lot of paranoia about it but my negotiator, Stacy, talked to me and put me at ease. So that was very good. I still have to give her a good review and I’m going to write Tax Group Center a letter for that. They’re all aware that I was super pleased and it was not a hassle with them. They did what they needed to do. They were also excellent and amazing to work with.

Now, I don’t have the threat of losing my home or any of the other things that came with having to deal with debts with the State or the IRS. I’m done with the tax debt and I don’t know where I’d be if I was still struggling to overcome that. I’ve moved on and dealt with my larger problems that prevented me from getting the tax undone to begin with. I’m now working to get my health under control. I would recommend Tax Group Center to anybody. If you have a legitimate tax problem, they can help you with it.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

My federal and state taxes were due and the two companies I was working with closed down. I signed up with Tax Group Center and the process was easy. They explained everything, and their negotiator was very nice and I felt very comfortable with her. She was always there for me and if she wasn't, she would call me back within 24 hours. However, they were only able to help me with the federal taxes. They could have tried a little harder and helped me with my state taxes. But they were there for me and now I don't worry as much as I was worrying back then. Tax Group is a very good company that you can trust.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

It took Tax Group a long time and a lot more money to get my taxes reduced, but they got it done. I sent them $10,000 and they got started on it. Then another $5,000 and $6,000. And they were done after a three-year process. They reduced my tax from a $170,000 to $17,000. But there were some communication issues. They wouldn't return some phone calls that I had and I had to push on them to get something done. I wish there was a better communication. But they've executed the job and I have recommended them to a few people.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I was trying to pay my taxes and I was paying $600 a month. And every time I get the statement, it was a few dollars more than what it was the previous month. I called the IRS about it and they explained to me that it was because of the interest charges. So, I immediately started looking for a way to get around it because I’ll never pay the darn thing off. When I called Tax Group Center and I talked to Jonathan, I liked what he was talking about. He was mild-mannered and well spoken, and he was right to the point. I was really confident with him because I felt like he was giving me everything that he had. However, the collection person was really rude and shrewd on the phone about payment.

Tax Group Center offered a compromise. There was a $1,500 upfront that I had to pay. And then, they wanted another $1,000 for me to pay to get my taxes done around tax time and so I paid that as well. Jonathan called me one day and he told me that he was offering a dollar. I told him, "A dollar?" I owed $30,000. Thereafter, I ended up paying $800 to monitor my taxes for five years. And last year was the last that Tax Group Center monitored and everything was good. Jonathan is no longer there but he did an excellent job. So, I don't have all that IRS debt hanging over my head anymore.

While I had a good experience with Tax Group Center, I told my wife about them but she has been going through nothing but trouble. Tax Group Center hasn't filed her stuff nor done anything. And year after year, they keep wanting to do our taxes for $1600. And so, I wouldn't recommend anybody over to Tax Group Center anymore.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I've been trying to get started with somebody but I couldn't because I had too much debt to pay out. And then I explained my situation to Tax Group Center and we got started with 210 a month for the whole year. So, hopefully, the job gets done. Once I got all of the questionnaire, paperwork and how much I owed, federal and state, they’d help me in the process.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

The way my ex-wife and I had filed taxes before was somehow tied in with her family’s limited liability partnership that she was involved with. We filed jointly which made me involved with it as well. We had a bunch of exemptions and we never had to pay any additional income taxes. But we never got a refund either. It was all done through her parents’ corporation. But we got divorced in July and although there should have been some leniency because we were still on that same system until July, halfway through the year, I ended up having to pay a lot more money than what I had. I didn’t have $1,000 lying around so I called up Tax Group Center.

The guy I talked to right off the bat and the guy who ushered the process along directed me to certain individuals that I needed to talk to. The guy I spoke to was nasty and short with me. He even hung up on me. The program is done but when I got the results back, I called them and I couldn’t get a hold of anybody. I ended up paying Tax Group Center more than I would have had to pay the IRS, combined with what the settlement was to pay off the IRS and their fees. Run away from this company. Find somebody local that you can meet and talk with in person and get reviews on them, too.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I was very satisfied with TGC till last tax season I received a call stating I still owed 2000.00 to TGC for back taxes. After paying and several weeks I found out it was for last year's tax return which I have done for 35.00 at a local tax preparer. I never received a request for my tax return or any other paperwork. I requested a refund and haven't heard from them.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

The first time that I used Tax Group Center, I qualified them against some other companies that advertised the same thing - tax help or tax relief. I looked into how long they've been in business, how many people are staffed there are ex- IRS people, how well did they know the ropes and what they were going to charge for the mess that I was in. The second time that I used them, I didn't even call anybody else and I went straight to them. There are so many companies out there that after you wrap up thousands of dollars with them, they don't get you that good of a deal, but Tax Group Center got me a great deal the first time.

The second time that I did it with them, the agreement that I entered into the IRS was okay. They were going to discount my tax liability down to an amount of money and they were going to give me a time to pay it off which I was able to do. What got me was for the next five years after that settlement, if I owed and anytime I'm self-employed, I always never get anything back. I went through some tough times with business and some other things. I got to about year three on the five-year term and I was filing on time.

The agreement was contingent on I have to file it but I cannot file any extension. And if I owe any money, it's all due right then on April 15. I can't note it out and can't pay it late. That's how I got into the trouble the second time so, the IRS rescinded their agreement. When they did that, that went back to the original amount that I owed plus penalties, interest, plus another two years in taxes. So, my deal was pretty maimed.

I was working with two different departments. One is working on my main settlement and then once they started thereon, then I had to pay them for separate service. Once the IRS rescinded their deal, I immediately signed their power of attorney with them so that I would have them between me and the IRS. It seems like when you're self-employed, if you don't do that and you get so far behind, IRS will do the same thing as what the Texas Unemployment Commissions does, the sales tax people. They will flag your account when you deposit money in there. I'm a pool contractor so, when I sign a contract, I might put $20,000 in the bank at one time but that's not my money. That's operating capital to build the client's swimming pool or remodel it.

If you work for somebody or if you're employed, they can garnish your wages. But when you're self-employed, what they do is they go in there and lock your bank account down and raid it. I knew about that once I started getting certified mail and phone calls. We got hit by a hurricane Harvey and I had gone through some tough stuff. The people at Tax Group Center have been good to work with. Also, it amazed me how deep of the discount was the first time I did it with them. The IRS claimed that I owed $61,000 last time, but we settled it for $1000. The second time, I'm up over $100,000. Tax Group Center has bailed me out and it has given me a chance to re-calibrate. I've been really happy with them and I've referred countless people to them over the years.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I had problems with the IRS and I was recommended to Tax Group Center. I had an $85,000 bill for IRS which I really didn't owe and they got it knocked down to $17,000. I could've gotten it knocked down a little bit more, but they were able to negotiate a reasonable deal and compared to what I was going to have to pay, I'd never get it paid off. So I was happy with it. It's great that I don't get threatening letters from the IRS and I don't get garnished for anything else. It's a relief off my back. Tax Group has been fantastic and a great help. And if people are into the IRS like I was, I would tell them to call Tax Group because they can definitely help.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I owed $30,000 and Tax Group Center was supposed to take care of it. I want to know if my case is closed but I haven't got a response yet. It had been the whole year. I called and asked them a few questions and they said they're supposed to call me back. I paid them what they asked me to pay but every time I call them, they don't respond. They seemed awfully busy and I haven't spoken to anyone within the last three months. The last I heard from them is they've done my taxes and that I’ll get $200 something back from the IRS this year. I haven't seen it, though and I haven't got a response from Tax Group Center to find out the status on whether they accepted it or not. I haven't got any paperwork on it either. So I'm not too happy with that.

Other than that, I've been dealing with them for the last five years and I like them. I'm happy that the IRS isn’t garnishing my wages anymore and that Tax Group Credit did my taxes for the last four years. They've done pretty good for me as far as that's concerned. But they dropped the ball one time when somebody got fired or quit and that didn't turn my information in. They had to re-do it and I had to pay for it even though they had lost the information. They charged me again because they said that whoever my case worker was, they couldn't find the paperwork. But I've sent it to them and that wasn't my fault. Still, I went on and paid it because I would rather pay the $2,500 instead of paying $30,000. I would recommend somebody else to them.

Tax Group Center expert review by Andrew Poulos

Tax Group Center is a tax consulting service headquartered in San Francisco, California. It has been in business since 2009, and offers services to people and businesses in trouble with the IRS or state taxing authorities. It has an office in Calabasas, California and in Post Falls, Idaho and also consults with clients through its website.

• IRS tax problems: Group Center specializes in IRS tax problems such as unified returns, unpaid payroll taxes, IRS penalties and interest, bank levies, tax liens, unpaid taxes, wage garnishment and IRS audits.

• Tax solutions: In addition to IRS problems, Tax Group Center offers tax solutions like penalty abatement, offers in compromise, expiration of statutes, currently not collectible (CNC) accounts, installation agreement and bankruptcy.

• Other services: Tax Group Center also offers tax preparation, bookkeeping, ETS services, Freedom of Information requests and more.

• 24/7 service: Tax Group Center offers services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can contact them by phone, email, online chat or visit one of their office locations in California or Idaho.

• Fast settlement: Tax Group Center’s clients usually reach a settlement with the IRS or state taxing authority within about seven months.

• Free consultations: The cost of Tax Group Center’s services varies depending on what you need and how much work is involved, but the company offers a free consultation to help you determine if their services are right for you and how much it will cost you.

• Best for: individuals and businesses with tax problems with the IRS or state taxing authorities.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos

Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Tax Group Center Company Information