Owe the IRS $10k+ in Tax Debt?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.61/5

Tax Group Center

Tax Group Center offers tax services to its customers. The core of our business comprises of handling tax debt, but we also provide a variety of other financial services. From individual and business tax preparation, bookkeeping services and merchant account services, Tax Group Centers constantly works on delivering sustainable results. Contact us today and start working towards the path of financial success.

BOTTOM LINE

Tax Group Center specializes in tax debt relief, but also offers a variety of other financial services. You may deal with more than one representative while working with the company, but enrollment is simple and straightforward.

PROS

• Simple enrollment process
  • Reasonable fees
  • Industry veteran

CONS

• Changes in lawyers and reps can occur throughout the process

Top Tax Group Center Reviews

05/02/2018

For two years, I had been paying the IRS and had gotten my debt down to $15,000. I just couldn’t see any way out. Then I heard about Tax Group Center. I didn't really think they could do anything, but they had gotten my debt down to $6,000. For me, it was a miracle. I wish I had called them when I owed IRS the $30,000.

11/15/2018

The IRS sent me a notice stating that I owed a bunch of money when I know that I really didn’t. The first thing to get enrolled with Tax Group was them taking over everything. Instead of the IRS coming to me and sending me notices, Tax Group spoke on my behalf. I only paid $400 to retain their services and they took care of everything.

About Tax Group Center

Tax Group Center provides tax solutions to businesses and individuals who face problems with the IRS and State Taxing Authorities. Some of the challenges they help clients with include IRS tax audits, penalties and interest, tax liens, and wage garnishments.

They have two offices, their headquarters in Calabasas, CA and a second office in Post Falls, ID; however, they serve clients nationwide. Tax Group Center uses California Tax Education Council (CTEC) Certified Tax Consultants, Enrolled Agents, tax attorneys and Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) to assist clients with handling tax debt.

Accreditations: American Society of Tax Problem Solvers, the National Association of Enrolled Agents and the National Association of Tax Professionals.

Tax Group Center Services

Tax Group Center offers several relief solutions and additional financial services to help their clients reach their financial goals. To address a variety of problems, they offer services like:

Innocent Spouse Relief
Tax Group Center provides Innocent Spouse Relief on joint tax returns, helping individuals avoid tax liability to the IRS and relieving them of tax responsibility, interest and tax penalties if they are not at fault. Some of the cases Tax Group Center handles are situations where parties have divorced and one individual made all the income, or where the reported income was less than the actual amount reported and the other spouse was unaware.
Currently Not Collectable (CNC)
When your gross monthly income is lower than the allowable expenses under the National Standards, Tax Group Center can help negotiate a Currently Not Collectible status with the IRS. With the guidance of a professional tax specialist, the IRS can recognize the taxpayer’s inability to pay debts and delay the collection of taxes. Tax Group Center will also help to ensure accounts are not subject to adverse collection, such as bank or wage levies.
Installment Agreement
Installment Agreements offer payment plans for taxpayers who need assistance paying off their tax debt over a period of time. The certified consultants, agents, tax attorneys and CPAs with the Tax Group Center will create a plan for individuals and businesses based on how much they owe and can reasonably pay each month. Taxpayers must have filed all tax returns and not have any capacity to borrow the owed amount from other sources (such as a second mortgage or equity in a retirement account).
IRS Expiration of Statutes
For Collection Statute Expiration Date (CSED), there are often 10 years allotted before a tax is forgiven, with the date typically set after filing with the IRS. Tax Group Center can assist with a Substitute for Return (SFR), in the case that returns weren’t filed, and with an extension of IRS Expiration of Statutes in the case of Bankruptcy, Offer in Compromise, and certain other circumstances.
IRS Penalty Abatement
IRS penalties are often automatic and added to a taxpayer’s account after assessing debt. Tax Group Center can help taxpayers who are having difficulty getting these penalties removed.
Offer in Compromise
Tax Group Center will help clients negotiate with the IRS to come to a reasonable repayment amount. This program allows taxpayers to settle tax debts for less and is among one of the most widely used tax relief solutions offered through Tax Group Center.
Tax Audit Appeals
When facing a loss or when looking to settle tax problems outside of the court, a Tax Audit Appeal can help individuals and businesses find relief. The specialists at Tax Group Center are versed in how to halt IRS collection activities as well as negotiate with collection managers on behalf of taxpayers.
Bookkeeping
In addition to tax relief solutions, Tax Group Center also offers financial services for small business owners. Their monthly bookkeeping services include guidance on operating statements, bank reconciliations, audit trails, balance sheets, financial graphics and budgets. Their specialists provide effective bookkeeping for day-to-day financial transactions and accurate data.

How does Tax Group Center work?

Tax Group Center offers a wide range of expertise in tax resolution. Clients receive personalized solutions after an initial consultation and expert advice. With their help, clients have been relieved of more than $5,000 of their tax debt and settlements. The specialists at Tax Group Center deal one-on-one with the IRS to give clients a stress-free experience.

Tax Group Center cost and fees

Fees at the Tax Group Center start at $1,500 for the initial service agreement and increase depending on the nature of the case and length of service required. Their services include a free consultation and a 100% price protection guarantee.

Do we recommend Tax Group Center?

Backed by 30 years of experience, Tax Group Center is well-versed in dealing with the IRS and provide reasonable services for individuals and businesses looking to settle tax problems. However, clients reported issues with their communication as well as customer service and sometimes found it challenging to stay with one representative throughout the process. Despite these issues, Tax Group Center has helped many happy clients clear up their tax issues.

109 Tax Group Center Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

The government charged me with a lot of back taxes that I didn’t feel I owed. I saw Tax Group Center's information on the television and they were the first one I saw so I went with them. Enrolling with them wasn’t very difficult. I just called them up and paid the $1,500. Every time that I called them, they would call me back if they were on the phone. Most times, I got through directly and my experience was great. They were very comfortable to work with and they were quicker than I was on getting them information that they needed. So it seemed like they were always the one that was waiting on me instead of the other way around, which was absolutely perfect.

Tax Group Center mediated terms between me and the IRS. And I was impressed that they were able in such a quick time period to get these taxes removed from me and the limit was on my income. Working with them abated the income tax that the government said that I owed. Before, the government was taking out nearly $300 a month, and now I no longer have that burden. Overall, I had a great experience with Tax Group Center.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I had gotten a lot of money from different places and it increased my income. I won a car, which I ended up selling. And my son got in trouble, so I had to take the money out and it was an early withdrawal. It was all added up to the income for that year. I make $25,000 to $30,000 a year, but that year I made $150,000 and I ended up owing $30,000 to the IRS. For two years, I had been paying the IRS and had gotten my debt down to $15,000. I just couldn’t see any way out. Then I heard about Tax Group Center. I didn't really think they could do anything, but they had gotten my debt down to $6,000. For me, it was a miracle. They would’ve brought me down lower than that, but they couldn’t waive out that I had a land that was paid for. I wish I had called them when I owed IRS the $30,000.

Tax Group Center was always nice to me and walked me through. They were able to help me with things I wouldn't have been able to do. I don’t know how to use the computer, but it all got resolved. The process took longer than it was supposed to though. Something happened with the paperwork I sent them, but once they got back on it, they handled their business and did what they do. I'm very grateful that I paid them. I hadn’t had a bit of break in almost five years, paying IRS and it feels good to have a break where I didn’t have to pay them. Plus, I had paid them too much and they ended up sending me a new check back.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Tax Group Center saved me and got me out of a really bad debt. I was getting a lot of literature from different companies and the Tax Group Center caught my eye with some of the things that they could do. They had me set up on a little installment deal where I pay a little bit at a time. They gave me a chance to represent and do a good job. They put me back on the right track and didn’t give me a hassle with anything. The money that I paid for the fees was worth every penny.

Their reps made me feel like they were on my side and that they were more concerned about me than about the money. I have two more years left and then I’ll be done with it. I can really get a good night's sleep now, not worrying about all that anymore. If anybody that I know has a problem like that, the first thing I would tell them is that the Tax Group Center is who they need to call. They would be the ones to help you and make you feel like you’re part of the family. Everything they did was perfect.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I made an early withdrawal on a retirement account and I had to pay some penalties on that. I went through the process of trying to look for a tax service and I managed to come across Tax Group Center. I enrolled with them and they helped me straighten up that matter through a compromise. Their service cost me $1,200 but it was worth it. Everything has been taken care of and right now, I’m just doing my little probationary period. I have a five-year waiting period for everything to clear up and I haven’t got a response back from them yet.

Other than that, the reps I worked with at Tax Group Center showed a good performance. Anything that I sent off, they returned it with accuracy and promptness. Everything fell in place and I didn’t have any problems. I had to wait for a week or two for stuff to get done and that required a lot of patience, but I got through it. Plus, everything seemed legit to me and I was satisfied. Working with them also lessened my worries and now, I’m not getting any kind of static from anybody as far as my credit is concerned. Also, I haven’t heard from the government and nobody has notified me about anything being wrong. So, I’m assuming that I’m in good standing.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I’ve gotten a couple of years behind on my taxes. And then I was incarcerated for six months and it turned my bill into an ungodly amount with late fees and at that time, I was making hardly any money at all. An attorney I know here in Dodge City referred me to call Tax Group Center, and I called them and the gentleman that I spoke with talked to me like a human being, and understood what I was telling him. For some reason, I forgot to pay my retail sales tax. So now, I'm trying to get it caught up with them. I got a lien against me on it, but I’ve worked out a payment plan with Tax Group. I had a bad accident in March 16th and had a spare tire blow up on my face and put me in the hospital for a month, but since I got out, I’ve worked with them and set everything up on a payment plan. The process took longer than what I thought it would, but they helped me out, and we got everything settled with the government, and everything worked out all right.

I called them to get enrolled and then tell them what I needed, and then, they called me back a week later and gave me the estimate. I learned a lot from them. I did everything that can be done over the phone but still I like a face-to-face interaction. I quit using Tax Group because they’re way far away and there are people that I can talk to right here. Still, when I worked with Tax Group, my life improved. I saved a lot of money. I’d still be making payments in the government, but I have lot more understanding of how everything works. Tax Group taught me a lot and I had a good experience. If you’re scared of the government, you gotta call them and set-up plans. I’ve recommended Tax Group and gave their number out to a few people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tax Group Center?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Long story short was promised something that didn’t happen! Cancelled my account last month and only wanted the “bill analysis” (it was laughable at best). I was charged at least 30+ times $35 each for leaving a voicemail. This company is a scam and I’ve wasted $1500! I just received the bill analysis yesterday (8/13/19) of weeks of broken promises! Read Everything you sign with them!

Original review: June 13, 2019

I contacted Tax Group Center to handle an issue with IRS. The agent Robert ** guaranteed that Tax Group Center could help me with my IRS issue. He drew up the contract, charged me $1,500.00 for everything. After I paid two month installments the last and final payment they withdrew the monies off my debit card without notifying me first and without my assistance. After, then I asked for an update and no update was provided. Then TAX Group Center tried to charge me more money for the same issue I had. I never got assistance or relief from my IRS. Fresh Start program. Or filing my taxes. I asked for a refund and got nowhere. No one returned my phone calls to this date. Lance **, however wanted me to fork over the entire amount and settle for $75.00 refund. At no time did Tax Group Center do $1,500.00 dollars worth of work. Today I still have the result of them not even calling trying to resolve this issue with me June 13, 2019.

Resolution response: July 15, 2019

I've spoken with Ladd at Tax Group Center and he was able to straighten everything out for me. Updating my rating because Ladd was able to completely correct everything for me. Everything is good now with Tax Group Center and I no longer have any complaints about them. Than you Ladd for all your help.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Nothing I was promised came to fruition. They charged me $2,400 just to save me about $2,000. I'm worse off now than before I hired Tax Group Center. Possibly the worst communication I've ever seen and not one time did I actually get to speak with my lawyer. I was given the runaround every time I called in. They did do one thing on time as as promised and that was they took my money out of my account on time. I had a bad feeling from the start and if I would have just listened to myself I would be in a better situation now. But I didn't and now i'm screwed. Don't believe me if you want. Go ahead and hire Tax Group Center and you possibly will be in my situation. Just don't say you were warned ahead of time.

Original review: April 16, 2019

This place is the biggest joke. Do NOT I repeat Do NOT give them any money. They write up a bunch of B.S even after you ask for your money back THE NEXT DAY AND THEY HAD DONE NOTHING and say they did this and that. They want to charge Top dollar prices like a top notch law firm and the owner needs to have his ** arrested for fraud and then his ** beat for taking people's hard earned money. Dont know how they're in business. Save yourself the stress. Go to another person or company. They are a scam and rip off. Their salesmen once they have your money you arent getting it back and you will get nothing.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

These people did nothing more than tact 4500 from us. They did nothing to resolve our back taxes that we couldn't of done with a phone call. They just called the IRS and asked how we could resolve the back taxes and then sent that information to us to sign. We have asked multiple times for information on what they saved us and yet we hear nothing. Once the agreement was made with them and the IRS there isn’t anything you can do but go with it because you have given them the power of attorney to represent you. They won’t answer emails nor phone calls. They just ignore you and disappear.

Tax Group Center Company Information