2. Tax Relief
Accredited Partner

Call ConsumerAffairs Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5

Anthem Tax Services was started by licensed tax professionals that have over 30 years of experience in Tax Preparation and Tax Law. Every tax professional is licensed in all 50 states to represent our clients, and as such we are able to provide the tailored experience that you expect from your tax litigation and tax preparation professionals. We also operate remotely so you never need to leave your home or office!

At Anthem Tax Services our foundation is built on 5 main principals: trust, service, honesty, integrity and education. These 5 principals are what we live by. We have earned outstanding customer reviews and amazing results for our clients. Because of this, we have now become the only company in the industry that is confident enough in our services to offer a 100% money back guarantee if we can’t put you into a better position than where you started.

National Association of Enrolled Agents
National Association of Tax Professionals

BOTTOM LINE

Anthem Tax Services offers a variety of tax help including resolution, preparation and protection. While details are limited online, Anthem is an accredited firm with a money-back guarantee, helping those with at least $10,000 in tax debt.

PROS

• Numerous accreditations
  • Transparent results
  • Free consultation
  • Money-back guarantee

CONS

• Limited details on website
  • No upfront pricing
Anthem Tax Services Call ConsumerAffairs (855) 381-0979 Learn More
Call ConsumerAffairs

About Anthem Tax Services

Anthem Tax Services offers tax preparation services tailored specifically to the needs of each client. Its tax specialists are experienced, accredited and well-versed in the skills needed to work with the IRS and state authorities.

With service available in all 50 states, ample accreditations and tax-related memberships, Anthem Tax Services continues to provide reputable and effective tax preparation and resolution services. Anthem is registered with the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) and all Anthem tax preparers are registered CTEC preparers and licensed by the IRS.

Anthem Tax Services services

One of Anthem Tax Services’ biggest selling points is its wide variety of services. All of Anthem’s services have one goal in mind: to reduce client tax debt as much as possible. Anthem Tax Services can perform the following.

• Tax debt resolution: Whether you owe back taxes or have been audited, Anthem Tax offers tax debt resolution services to help lower the amount you owe the state or federal government. Anthem works on your behalf to negotiate a better settlement. Anthem has saved customers millions of dollars in back taxes through installment agreements, Offers In Compromise (OIC), penalty abatement, and representation.
  • Tax preparation: Preparing income tax returns is a complicated and often messy process, involving many forms and strict guidelines. Anthem will put your taxes together for you in order to avoid penalties and find you the best return possible. Anthem preparers have experience with preparing taxes for individuals and large corporations alike.
  • Audit protection: Dealing with the IRS is notoriously challenging. Audit protection is a supplemental service to tax preparation that helps simplify dealing with the IRS. It does not prevent you from being audited, but it does guarantee that a professional will be able to help you through the process if it occurs.
  • General tax help: Whatever help you need regarding your taxes — such as bookkeeping, consultations, or just generalized help — Anthem offers many tax services to keep you prepared all year. Anthem specifically offers assistance for truck drivers and other non-filers who have a hard time staying up-to-date with notices and IRS requirements.

How does Anthem Tax Services work?

Tax situations can vary widely from customer to customer. That’s why Anthem professionals complete a free consultation before service begins in order to decide a specific plan of attack for each customer.

With over 30 years of experience dealing with all types of situations, Anthem professionals can find a resolution for nearly all cases. Some tax debt resolution services include the following.

• Installment agreement: This is the most common form of tax debt resolution. It involves paying back your taxes in smaller chunks, including penalties and interest.
  • Offer In Compromise (OIC): Anthem will work directly with the IRS to negotiate a one-time settlement in an amount lower than what you currently owe.
  • Penalty Abatement: As your back taxes grow, so do your penalties. This option challenges those penalties and interest accrued to help you pay a lower amount.

On its website, Anthem Tax Services shows real client results. This transparency helps potential customers see what tax preparers have been able to settle for other clients. One client said that Anthem settled their tax debt of $44,000 for $100.

Anthem Tax Services FAQ

How much does Anthem Tax Services cost?
Anthem does not offer up-front pricing on its website for cost. Other third-party sites have said services start around $250. During the free consultation, customers can figure out exactly how much their services will cost. Mostly it depends on the complexity of the case and how long it will take to remedy. On average, Anthem’s tax resolution services last between 30-120 days.
Does Anthem Tax Services offer any type of guarantee?
Because it’s difficult to promise results when dealing with the IRS, Anthem offers a 100% money back guarantee. This guarantee states that if customers are not in a better position after using Anthem’s services, they will refund the entire cost of service.

Do we recommend Anthem Tax Services?

Anthem Tax Services is trustworthy and transparent. Its tax preparers are certified and experienced, plus it holds numerous accreditations. With its money-back guarantee, customers can feel confident that their preparers are working for them at all times. Anthem’s many positive online reviews help back its claim that it offers effective resolution services.

Anthem does not offer upfront pricing, but this is likely due to the individuality of each case, which can alter overall costs. But because it offers free consultations, potential customers can easily learn what Anthem can offer them without having to commit to any contracts. This makes it a great option for anyone curious about tax resolution services.

Anthem Tax Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthem Tax Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthem Tax Services?

Original review: July 27, 2020

The reviews for Anthem were a little bit better than some of the other ones. Plus, they're on a commercial a lot so I figured if they weren't good, they would be kicked off the commercials by now. I went with them but it's kinda hard to get answers on things from them sometimes. We have never finished with them yet. Nobody's called and told me where we're at with it. The whole COVID thing happened and it's kinda messed a lot of things up. They're working from home so it's probably a little bit harder but the communication's a little slow. It's the worst thing. They need to keep their customers informed a little bit more.

It might've been November when I started this but I don't even know what the result's gonna end up being. I don't know what the results are on a lot of things. I had to keep calling back to ask them. They'd call and say they needed something, and I'd send it to them. Then they'd call back a week or two later saying they haven't got it. I had proof I sent it and I send it again. I received a letter from the IRS through all this. I had to keep calling in and ask them what would I do with it. They told me to send it to them so I did. They said it was just a scare letter.

They did my 2019 taxes for me during this process. I had to keep calling back and asking them, "Have y'all filed them yet?" "No, we're gonna do them next week." I call back, "No, we're gonna do them next week." That was a long drawn-out procedure. I was trying to update my tax information on it so I can get a direct deposit and nobody could ever let me know if they'd sent them yet or if they've been filed yet. They finally got it done and I got my check later but nobody was letting me know when they were gonna get it sent in and when they got it sent it.

Anthem Tax Services response

Hi Michael, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We account for every piece of information shared by our clients, and I have made sure your experience has been shared with our company to help improve the communication issues you mentioned. We're usually known for our exceptional customer service and we regret that we didn't live up to those expectations here. Happy to hear your outcome we a positive experience and we appreciate you!

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I had tax problems and saw an ad. I researched Anthem on Better Business and they had really good reviews. So, I went ahead and gave them a shot. I had 3 reps and they were all excellent. They're overly friendly and honest. They keep you grounded on a realistic expectation of what they can do and what you should expect out of the program. They filed a bunch of back taxes for me and represented me with the IRS over that. They cleared all that up for me and they're doing this year's tax. I was pretty pleased with the results I got, which was basically I walked away owing them nothing. Since COVID happened, I also ended up getting almost $20,000 back.

I was so pleased with Anthem although you have to be patient with them. They don't call you every day. If you want somebody to call you every day and tell you, “We're working on it,” you're not gonna get that from them. They kind of leave you in the lurch. That frustrates people. I got that from the reviews that I read before I hired them. Sometimes people expect like an attorney is gonna call every day and check in on them but that's not what attorneys do. They file the paperwork then they call you and you got something to be told. They're not going to hold your hand because it's not necessary. They're gonna do what they're gonna do but the only thing I would like is a quick message saying, “Hey, we still got you."

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Anthem Tax was recommended by Better Business Bureau that was why I looked into them and went with them. The first contact I had was Greg. He was very nice and easy going. I'm 74 years old and so, that was the reason I went with him. I was impressed with his knowledge. He put me at ease. We owed a considerable amount and had very little means, if any, to pay it. They explained how IRS goes through these accounts every so many years and that was how they reviewed things. So, that has taken a load off my shoulders especially after losing my husband so suddenly back in November. I'm very happy.

They were looking for some data from me right now. If I could have talked to someone at that time and ahold of anyone other than the person that the account was turned over to at the last, I could have gotten the data to them and I would have been in better shape. But this person said they would call me back and send me an email, their email but I never got it. I had to call and ask for them, and I never got ahold of them. So, I was not happy. Eventually, I got ahold of someone who was a CPA. And they went through everything with me and just told me to just chill and get the information to them. Right after that, I had a real bad spell of cellulitis in both legs and I've had to stay in bed, be propped up for almost over a month now. So, I've not been able to get some stuff to them.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I had some tax issues with multiple years of tax issues and finally got to where they contacted my employer who contacted me saying I'm gonna be garnished. And so, I went online and found Anthem Tax Services. They dropped the ball a little bit in that I was placed on the backburner a little bit. They were a little slow as far as on my end so that I got additional problems from the IRS. But it was a complicated thing dealing with the IRS. It was not a quick thing. My employer contacted me again saying, “Hey, look, you’re about to get garnished.” But as soon as I contacted Anthem, they got right in gear and we got everything done. I owed like a little more than twenty grand, and I would up getting about $3,000 back. So, it was a $23,000 difference, and it was multiple years. It was fantastic. I intend to use them to file my regular taxes this year.

Joe was the initial person who contacted me and had other people working under him that took care of various aspects of it. It went through several people, but they were all working together. I’m not super tech savvy, but I just had to email back and forth and be able to scan and attach stuff. That was all I was required to do. And then, I signed things. Also, they’re in Los Angeles and I'm in San Diego. It’s a couple of hours away, but I never had to leave my house dealing with them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I had an issue with my 2016 tax statement and the IRS had serviced me a notice saying that I should pay some additional amounts. I believed that the IRS was incorrect. It was misleading some of my filings. And part of the demand for the amount was incorrect and I wanted to have it resolved. I approached Anthem because they had a good rating on multiple sources.

I was asked to submit an amount for the service and file some papers. I was made to understand that it was immediate and I did that. After that, there was a very big gap before I heard back and I had to follow up multiple times. Also, my case was reassigned a couple of times. So, I felt like I had to restart the whole conversation, explain the same things twice to two of those who were assigned to handle the case with me. But eventually, it was assigned to one person and he was rather prompt. He also made a mistake because he was not very familiar with the details of my case and filed a response that was inaccurate. I had to kind of step through all the reasons why it was inaccurate and he filed another response. Eventually, the outcome that I wanted to achieve was achieved. I wish that had happened sooner with fewer interactions and a lower cost of time and effort for me. But overall, I’m happy because that was achieved.

Deepak

Thank you for taking the time to review Anthem Tax Services. Anthem tax services strives for excellence when it comes to our clients. We apologize for the confusion in the beginning. However, we are pleased to hear we were able to move past that bump and achieve what you were set out to achieve. We would like to say thank you for trusting Anthem Tax for your tax needs.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Anthem Tax helped me out very well. They gave me good service and I was very comfortable with them. When I call, they answer all my questions. They can help almost anybody out.

Anthem Tax Services response

Hi Ronald, thank you for the wonderful review and sharing your experience. We appreciate you!

Original review: July 28, 2020

The person from Anthem I spoke with initially was very knowledgeable so I worked with them. They're expensive. It cost me thousands of dollars but what they did, we might get the IRS to reduce my taxes. I had another tax service before this and they didn't do anything but Anthem got rid of all the fines, penalties, and the interest. I would recommend them.

Anthem Tax Services response

Hi Jennifer, thank you for sharing your experience with our firm. We work hard to offer the best outcome for our clients, so I am happy to see that reflected to your case.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Catherine, my attorney from Anthem Tax Services, was great. I was trying to get a garnishment by the State of Oregon lowered through them. However, their caseworkers were more of an interference rather than a help. I kept asking for help and I never heard from mine. So I started going straight to Catherine who was more than willing to talk to me. We emailed a lot and she always got on my emails when before, I would never hear from their caseworker. The State of Oregon never seemed to get all my paperwork and I constantly had to start over. I didn't know why they weren't getting all the information at one time 'cause I sent all of it to Anthem at the same time.

When I finally got a hold of Catherine, I was ready to give up. She calmed me down and told me that we could do this. She helped me and I did what she told me to do. She got right on things and I'm really thankful for her. She had to come in on all the stuff that I had already done which were not good anymore after a while. Overall, I would still recommend Anthem. If they give people a caseworker, they should just skip that person and talk to their attorney.

Anthem Tax Services response

Hi Pamela, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I made sure Katherine received the recognition she deserved. Your detailed experience was also shared with our company and we regret that we didn't live up to those expectations here. We work hard to offer the best outcome for our clients, so I am happy to see that reflected to your case with Katherine.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I did some research and Anthem's name kept popping up. At that point, I needed help and I felt comfortable speaking with their rep that answered the phone. The two ladies that worked on the case were pretty good. They worked pretty hard. They did a fair job. At that moment, I thought, "It’s the IRS." So you think you're getting snookered either way. I laid out my argument but it was just, nope, the IRS didn't wanna hear it. When you're on the losing end of that battle, you just have to take your lumps. However, the payment plan sufficed in everything else. It was stretching out for two and a half years but I paid it off in months. It started in December and I paid it off in March. So I basically killed myself to make sure that my debt was paid. But overall it was a good experience. I’ve overpaid and the IRS is still taking money out of my account. I'm now trying to go back to Anthem to answer my email to say, “Hey, tell your folks that you talk to to shut it off because you're still taking money.” So Anthem's post-payoff piece isn't that good. They're not returning my phone calls.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I researched Anthem on the net. I also spoke with Joseph and he sounded great. Anthem worked for me although I didn't save as much as I thought I would. If it would have been quicker, I might have saved some money in terms of the IRS. But it is what it is. I ended up getting a job after about a year and a half. But if we would have done it earlier, it would've been different because I wouldn't have had a job. It would have put us in a better position dealing with the IRS. But Anthem was and is still behind me so I'm good with that. Their guy Craig is still working with me and he’s gonna put in some paperwork for me. He has been outstanding. I'm gonna use Anthem again. So far, they've been great.

Anthem Tax Services response

Hi Joseph, Thank you for the great review! The team at Anthem is thrilled you're happy with your experience so far. Craig is a fantastic agent and we feel lucky to have him!

Anthem Tax Services Company Information