2. Tax Relief
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

Anthem Tax Services was started by licensed tax professionals that have over 30 years of experience in Tax Preparation and Tax Law. Every tax professional is licensed in all 50 states to represent our clients, and as such we are able to provide the tailored experience that you expect from your tax litigation and tax preparation professionals. We also operate remotely so you never need to leave your home or office!

At Anthem Tax Services our foundation is built on 5 main principals: trust, service, honesty, integrity and education. These 5 principals are what we live by. We have earned outstanding customer reviews and amazing results for our clients. Because of this, we have now become the only company in the industry that is confident enough in our services to offer a 100% money back guarantee if we can’t put you into a better position than where you started.

National Association of Enrolled Agents
National Association of Tax Professionals

BOTTOM LINE

Anthem Tax Services offers a variety of tax help including resolution, preparation and protection. While details are limited online, Anthem is an accredited firm with a money-back guarantee, helping those with at least $10,000 in tax debt.

PROS

• Numerous accreditations
  • Transparent results
  • Free consultation
  • Money-back guarantee

CONS

• Limited details on website
  • No upfront pricing
Anthem Tax Services Learn More

About Anthem Tax Services

Anthem Tax Services offers tax preparation services tailored specifically to the needs of each client. Its tax specialists are experienced, accredited and well-versed in the skills needed to work with the IRS and state authorities.

With service available in all 50 states, ample accreditations and tax-related memberships, Anthem Tax Services continues to provide reputable and effective tax preparation and resolution services. Anthem is registered with the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) and all Anthem tax preparers are registered CTEC preparers and licensed by the IRS.

Anthem Tax Services services

One of Anthem Tax Services’ biggest selling points is its wide variety of services. All of Anthem’s services have one goal in mind: to reduce client tax debt as much as possible. Anthem Tax Services can perform the following.

• Tax debt resolution: Whether you owe back taxes or have been audited, Anthem Tax offers tax debt resolution services to help lower the amount you owe the state or federal government. Anthem works on your behalf to negotiate a better settlement. Anthem has saved customers millions of dollars in back taxes through installment agreements, Offers In Compromise (OIC), penalty abatement, and representation.
  • Tax preparation: Preparing income tax returns is a complicated and often messy process, involving many forms and strict guidelines. Anthem will put your taxes together for you in order to avoid penalties and find you the best return possible. Anthem preparers have experience with preparing taxes for individuals and large corporations alike.
  • Audit protection: Dealing with the IRS is notoriously challenging. Audit protection is a supplemental service to tax preparation that helps simplify dealing with the IRS. It does not prevent you from being audited, but it does guarantee that a professional will be able to help you through the process if it occurs.
  • General tax help: Whatever help you need regarding your taxes — such as bookkeeping, consultations, or just generalized help — Anthem offers many tax services to keep you prepared all year. Anthem specifically offers assistance for truck drivers and other non-filers who have a hard time staying up-to-date with notices and IRS requirements.

How does Anthem Tax Services work?

Tax situations can vary widely from customer to customer. That’s why Anthem professionals complete a free consultation before service begins in order to decide a specific plan of attack for each customer.

With over 30 years of experience dealing with all types of situations, Anthem professionals can find a resolution for nearly all cases. Some tax debt resolution services include the following.

• Installment agreement: This is the most common form of tax debt resolution. It involves paying back your taxes in smaller chunks, including penalties and interest.
  • Offer In Compromise (OIC): Anthem will work directly with the IRS to negotiate a one-time settlement in an amount lower than what you currently owe.
  • Penalty Abatement: As your back taxes grow, so do your penalties. This option challenges those penalties and interest accrued to help you pay a lower amount.

On its website, Anthem Tax Services shows real client results. This transparency helps potential customers see what tax preparers have been able to settle for other clients. One client said that Anthem settled their tax debt of $44,000 for $100.

Anthem Tax Services FAQ

How much does Anthem Tax Services cost?
Anthem does not offer up-front pricing on its website for cost. Other third-party sites have said services start around $250. During the free consultation, customers can figure out exactly how much their services will cost. Mostly it depends on the complexity of the case and how long it will take to remedy. On average, Anthem’s tax resolution services last between 30-120 days.
Does Anthem Tax Services offer any type of guarantee?
Because it’s difficult to promise results when dealing with the IRS, Anthem offers a 100% money back guarantee. This guarantee states that if customers are not in a better position after using Anthem’s services, they will refund the entire cost of service.

Do we recommend Anthem Tax Services?

Anthem Tax Services is trustworthy and transparent. Its tax preparers are certified and experienced, plus it holds numerous accreditations. With its money-back guarantee, customers can feel confident that their preparers are working for them at all times. Anthem’s many positive online reviews help back its claim that it offers effective resolution services.

Anthem does not offer upfront pricing, but this is likely due to the individuality of each case, which can alter overall costs. But because it offers free consultations, potential customers can easily learn what Anthem can offer them without having to commit to any contracts. This makes it a great option for anyone curious about tax resolution services.

Anthem Tax Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthem Tax Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthem Tax Services?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Anthem Tax was recommended by Better Business Bureau that was why I looked into them and went with them. The first contact I had was Greg. He was very nice and easy going. I'm 74 years old and so, that was the reason I went with him. I was impressed with his knowledge. He put me at ease. We owed a considerable amount and had very little means, if any, to pay it. They explained how IRS goes through these accounts every so many years and that was how they reviewed things. So, that has taken a load off my shoulders especially after losing my husband so suddenly back in November. I'm very happy.

They were looking for some data from me right now. If I could have talked to someone at that time and ahold of anyone other than the person that the account was turned over to at the last, I could have gotten the data to them and I would have been in better shape. But this person said they would call me back and send me an email, their email but I never got it. I had to call and ask for them, and I never got ahold of them. So, I was not happy. Eventually, I got ahold of someone who was a CPA. And they went through everything with me and just told me to just chill and get the information to them. Right after that, I had a real bad spell of cellulitis in both legs and I've had to stay in bed, be propped up for almost over a month now. So, I've not been able to get some stuff to them.

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I did some online research into the matrix of organizations that handles tax debt and Anthem had a better consumer report history, on top of the fact that they were the longest standing firm that does that type of tax relief because they’ve been in business for a long time. Plus, they have amazing customer reviews and it was the largest company out of all of them. All in all, the online research that I did just made Anthem stand out. The service and the program that Anthem provided was great at the time but later on, I even felt better about my choice to go with them because I continuously got more advertisements from other companies that try to make me offers to settle the tax relief, and not a single one of them could even come close to what Anthem was able to do.

The program alleviated a lot of anxiety and stress that has caused myself and my wife over the amount of debt that I had accrued over ignoring my taxes for so long. It has been a couple of months now that we’ve made the payment. We were contacted by several different people later on after not hearing for a while from the original person handling my case and then eventually, the original manager ended up taking our case over, and she made sure that everything was gonna go according to plan. It was confusing for a couple of months because of the change in ownership of our case but when the manager took over, she went above and beyond to make sure that we got everything in on time and we were satisfied. So, she did a stellar job.

I wish there was more communication and updates though because regardless of the change in who was handling the case, when we would reach out, sometimes we wanna get a response back and it seemed to take a while to get a response back or repeated emails, or attempts to contact, to find out just the progress of everything. The end result was amazing and I couldn’t be happier but the process and the confusion of the change of ownership of our case was like an extra stress or almost for a moment. Still, my experience with Anthem exceeded my expectations.

Anthem Tax Services response

Mr. Bostic, we appreciate you took the time to post your positive experience with Anthem Tax Services and we are happy to have been able to assist with resolving your tax matters.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

If you read reviews about Anthem Tax Services most likely you are having tax problems like I used to have and know the feelings I had when thinking about the IRS. Heavy weight on heart and soul, sleepless nights, that uncomfortable feeling in the guts, racing heart, etc. However, all this is in the past now. I've contacted Anthem Tax Services and worked with Minji ** Attorney. What a wonderful, friendly, helpful person! The IRS claimed that my husband and I owed them ca. $25,000.00. I fought with them for many, many years without any success. I wrote them letters, they sent me computer generated replies.

After I've contacted Anthem Tax Services and worked with ** the IRS could not touch us until Anthem Tax Services sorted everything out with us and with the IRS. ** is an angel! She was on our case like a bulldog and I don't mean any disrespect when I say this. She fought the fight and she won. She did it! The good news came today, we don't have to pay the IRS a penny. Thank you so much, **! No more sleepless nights, no more weird feeling in the guts. It's over! I highly recommend this company. Their fee is fair, lower than other companies and they did a heck-of-a-good job. Can you say "Oooooh, I am soooo relieved!!!!"? Not yet? Because you are still fighting with the IRS? Hire Anthem Tax Services to do the fighting for you. They are professionals, they fight to win. Thanks again Minji **, Attorney for everything you have done for us! Words are not enough to express our gratitude!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I owed a lot of back taxes, and I called some of the competitors and personally interviewed with the other companies. I felt like after talking to enough people that Anthem Tax Services made the most sense and also, because they were located in Southern Cal, I could’ve got to their location if I had to. I checked them out, I vetted them thoroughly. They seemed very reputable, they had good reviews, so I went with them.

Joseph, the guy who led me, gave me his cell number and told me to call him anytime. I’ve taken all the information from everybody I talked to, and then I tried to throw them a curve to see how they answered. He was thorough, answered all the questions, kinda enlightened me and explained to me thoroughly the different ways that they would potentially handle my case. Then, he figured out a proposal but the price was based on me kinda knowing the plan of attack and what to expect. He returned calls immediately, which was very comforting, and met his appointments on time. Joseph took our case and presented it to their on-staff lawyers, the term and price, and the plan of attack. Then there was another person that I dealt with from that point on. He and his assistant were very good and professional. So, we got a very favorable result from the IRS.

Working with Anthem has affected my life a lot. We were close to the point of things being on liens and after we signed up with them, we the power of attorney for them to talk to the IRS. They called immediately that first day, established who they were, what measures we were gonna take to meet our obligation. So, they gave us peace of mind that it was being handled, and that we weren’t gonna be subjected to abuse from the IRS.

Anthem Tax Services response

Mr. Rosa, we are delighted you are pleased with your outcome of your case. Thank you for taking the time to provide your experience with us and the reasons you choose Anthem Tax Services.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I was selling a house to an attorney and he told me there were numerous judgments against my piece of property. He sent some clerk to an office in Virginia Beach to check things out but he didn’t know what he was doing because he’s a criminal attorney. I didn’t trust any of the tax attorneys in my area so, I looked online and I read the review and I liked what I read, so I called Anthem Tax Services.

Once I talked to the rep, I decided he was the man I wanted to have. We talked for 20 minutes that day and I told him that I was very concerned about this guy. He immediately got on it and his paralegal was wonderful. She returned my call every time I left a message. She called me three times and asked why I was doing it, and said that the IRS had nothing against me. I said I was told I had anywhere from 40 to 80 things against me dating back 30 years. Nothing was newer than 10 years and it clearly stated in IRS laws that if they don’t do something in 10 years, it goes away. So, anything that had been against me had gone away but it cost me $10,000 to get the rep from Anthem to search this out.

I was livid with the attorney. I have not closed on the house yet and he has about a week. At that point, he loses the option of buying that house. He was gonna lose $45,000 on a house that’s worth 440 and this was what he has paid over five years. He came up with a new contract that was in his brother’s name, his name, and my name, but his brother never signed the contract so that makes it null and void. Also, they gave me a check not made out to me. He has given me checks many times under my name, so he did that knowing that it was wrong. Then, he gave me a deposit check that clearly states on it, “Do not deposit this check under any circumstances.” With the help of the rep from Anthem, I got through this. He did what he was supposed to and Anthem could not have been better. I have paid Anthem in full and I’m done with the process. Working with them gave me peace of mind.

William

We are so glad we were given the opportunity to assist you with your concerns.

Thank you for trusting Anthem Tax Services.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Anthem Tax Services got back to me and addressed stuff quickly. They evaluate my case and they told me the best method to approach it with the finances I'm in right now, and that was what we went forward with. Their specialist was professional. He was good. I'm not a tax professional, but they gave me a lot of knowledge of it and knowledge on how to maneuver a little bit. So, I'm definitely getting that advice. Working with them through this process was good. They answered the questions very directly and professionally. They did not beat around the bush. This company is also affordable. They are not like other tax companies that try to rip you off.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I'd like to leave a review specifically for Misty **. I wasn't in debt super deep like some may be, but I was enough to where I felt that I needed to do something about it as I couldn't get it paid in one lump sum payment and wanted help on the total. She was hands down the best customer service rep I've dealt with. Took the time to thoroughly listen to my situation, reviewed everything and followed up with appropriate solution options. Solutions that obviously got me out of debt! I couldn't be happier. Anthem and Misty, thank you for your assistance.

Original review: June 16, 2020

We initiated contact, paid our fees in full and completed everything Anthem requested in April/May 2019. My experience has been; phone calls and emails are not returned (after several attempts,) no updates on the status of anything unless we were finally able to make contact, several people appear to have been given our case (who knows? we aren't notified,) the status of our current issue remains unknown as we still have not received any returned emails, phone calls. If we have to call the IRS directly, why did we hire Anthem Tax?

I can honestly say I do not feel confident in the outcome or supported in any step of this process. When a company is hired to represent you, that means they should show up and do so. I also do not believe it is unrealistic to expect to receive an update once a month. Over a year has passed since initiating this process. Are we close to resolution? I don't have a clue - the company we hired to represent us hasn't returned recent emails or phone calls. If you want to feel supported, have knowledge of your case, or information related to your case, educate yourself and please consider my review.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I consolidated several years into one payment through Anthem Tax Services. Enrolling with them was easy and the rep whom I worked with was helpful. But then, there should be a customer service help desk for when I have questions about a previous case. This is so I can get some directions even though a case has been resolved within a reasonable amount of time.

Original review: June 3, 2020

The reps from Anthem Tax Services were awesome. Katherine and I had some verbiage issues because she couldn't understand mine. So, I told her that I have more degrees than her. I even called Daniel and I told him not to have her contact me anymore. She called me back about a month later and her attitude changed totally, and it was an attitude for the positive. I didn't wanna deal with anybody but Katherine because she was so nice. So at the end of our process before we closed with the IRS, she was great. Daniel should be at a Fortune 500 company. He is that good. I told him I managed an 80-million-dollar portfolio and his voicemail impressed me so much that I called him and let him know that his voicemail alone will get him so many clients. Anthem Tax Services out of Los Angeles is not gonna hold on to him very much longer and I already talked to the owners about him.

Anthem Tax Services Company Information