2. Tax Relief

3.8/5 (44 ratings)

About Anthem Tax Services

Anthem Tax Services was started by licensed tax professionals that have over 30 years of experience in Tax Preparation and Tax Law. Every tax professional is licensed in all 50 states to represent our clients, and as such we are able to provide the tailored experience that you expect from your tax litigation and tax preparation professionals. We also operate remotely so you never need to leave your home or office!

Pros

• Numerous accreditations
  • Transparent results
  • Free consultation
  • Money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited details on website
  • No upfront pricing

Bottom Line

Anthem Tax Services offers a variety of tax help including resolution, preparation and protection. While details are limited online, Anthem is an accredited firm with a money-back guarantee, helping those with at least $10,000 in tax debt.

About Anthem Tax Services

Anthem Tax Services offers tax preparation services tailored specifically to the needs of each client. Its tax specialists are experienced, accredited and well-versed in the skills needed to work with the IRS and state authorities.

With service available in all 50 states, ample accreditations and tax-related memberships, Anthem Tax Services continues to provide reputable and effective tax preparation and resolution services. Anthem is registered with the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) and all Anthem tax preparers are registered CTEC preparers and licensed by the IRS.

Anthem Tax Services services

One of Anthem Tax Services’ biggest selling points is its wide variety of services. All of Anthem’s services have one goal in mind: to reduce client tax debt as much as possible. Anthem Tax Services can perform the following.

• Tax debt resolution: Whether you owe back taxes or have been audited, Anthem Tax offers tax debt resolution services to help lower the amount you owe the state or federal government. Anthem works on your behalf to negotiate a better settlement. Anthem has saved customers millions of dollars in back taxes through installment agreements, Offers In Compromise (OIC), penalty abatement, and representation.
  • Tax preparation: Preparing income tax returns is a complicated and often messy process, involving many forms and strict guidelines. Anthem will put your taxes together for you in order to avoid penalties and find you the best return possible. Anthem preparers have experience with preparing taxes for individuals and large corporations alike.
  • Audit protection: Dealing with the IRS is notoriously challenging. Audit protection is a supplemental service to tax preparation that helps simplify dealing with the IRS. It does not prevent you from being audited, but it does guarantee that a professional will be able to help you through the process if it occurs.
  • General tax help: Whatever help you need regarding your taxes — such as bookkeeping, consultations, or just generalized help — Anthem offers many tax services to keep you prepared all year. Anthem specifically offers assistance for truck drivers and other non-filers who have a hard time staying up-to-date with notices and IRS requirements.

How does Anthem Tax Services work?

Tax situations can vary widely from customer to customer. That’s why Anthem professionals complete a free consultation before service begins in order to decide a specific plan of attack for each customer.

With over 30 years of experience dealing with all types of situations, Anthem professionals can find a resolution for nearly all cases. Some tax debt resolution services include the following.

• Installment agreement: This is the most common form of tax debt resolution. It involves paying back your taxes in smaller chunks, including penalties and interest.
  • Offer In Compromise (OIC): Anthem will work directly with the IRS to negotiate a one-time settlement in an amount lower than what you currently owe.
  • Penalty Abatement: As your back taxes grow, so do your penalties. This option challenges those penalties and interest accrued to help you pay a lower amount.

On its website, Anthem Tax Services shows real client results. This transparency helps potential customers see what tax preparers have been able to settle for other clients. One client said that Anthem settled their tax debt of $44,000 for $100.

Anthem Tax Services FAQ

How much does Anthem Tax Services cost?
Anthem does not offer up-front pricing on its website for cost. Other third-party sites have said services start around $250. During the free consultation, customers can figure out exactly how much their services will cost. Mostly it depends on the complexity of the case and how long it will take to remedy. On average, Anthem’s tax resolution services last between 30-120 days.
Does Anthem Tax Services offer any type of guarantee?
Because it’s difficult to promise results when dealing with the IRS, Anthem offers a 100% money back guarantee. This guarantee states that if customers are not in a better position after using Anthem’s services, they will refund the entire cost of service.

Do we recommend Anthem Tax Services?

Anthem Tax Services is trustworthy and transparent. Its tax preparers are certified and experienced, plus it holds numerous accreditations. With its money-back guarantee, customers can feel confident that their preparers are working for them at all times. Anthem’s many positive online reviews help back its claim that it offers effective resolution services.

Anthem does not offer upfront pricing, but this is likely due to the individuality of each case, which can alter overall costs. But because it offers free consultations, potential customers can easily learn what Anthem can offer them without having to commit to any contracts. This makes it a great option for anyone curious about tax resolution services.

Anthem Tax Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthem Tax Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthem Tax Services?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Anthem Tax Services got me out of a lot of trouble and arranged an agreement with the federal government to a point where I don't have to worry about it. I talked to Ben and he assured me that he would get our money back from the government which he did. He got a big chunk back that we really needed. He also guaranteed that we would be able to resolve the issue with them. It took a little time to do it but we were able to. I felt like he was on our side and that was really why I went with him. I was talking with another company and I didn't like the way they were handling it.

It's not something you kind of hire somebody and go stick to your chair and forget about it. It's something you got to watch, stay on top of, learn what they're doing and know what's happening. There was a huge mistake that didn't cost us anything but it took time to clear it up. If I were paying attention to the documents that they were sending, I would've noticed it. In the end, they came through with everything I wanted. I was perfectly happy with Anthem. There were days that I was out of my skin screaming and they calmed me down. They worked with me and took every phone call I've ever made.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you for the great review, Edward! The team at Anthem is thrilled you're happy with your experience.

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

We went online, trying to find somebody to help us out with our taxes. We liked Anthem's track record. We read a bunch of reviews on the Better Business Bureau. Talking with them and listening to their reviews on how they helped people, they thought of them as a person and not just a number. We used them to offer compromise settlement with the IRS. They stayed in contact with me through my whole thing. I've completed the program and it helped out a whole lot. We were struggling real bad. We had a lot of tax debts because of the situation I had, crushing my leg and being out of work for three years.

COVID slowed the process down because the government was shut down but Anthem handled all my paperwork. I got all my documents to them. They were real professional. They always called and talked to me about receiving letters from the IRS and all my information. I'd recommend them to anybody because with the debt we had and how well we came out in the end was amazing. They felt our pain. They knew what we were going through in struggling with how we accumulated our debt by an accident and work slowing down.

Anthem Tax Services response

We appreciate the kind words, Christopher. The team at Anthem Tax Services thanks you for trusting us with your tax needs!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I started researching on the internet and I found some information about Anthem. I called them and the people that helped me out were really nice. They said that I don't need to spend that much money in the beginning. I'd start out with something simple for $500 and they'd go in and research and see where I would be at. That was what I was looking for, somebody to break it down for me and tell me what I needed to do. That felt very personable and there was no rush.

They were trying to help me. They were upfront and honest with me. They weren't trying to get all my money. They said that we could start and go in and contact the IRS for me to do some research and find out where I truly stand. This was in the middle of COVID so the IRS was virtually impossible to get ahold of. I spent hours on the phone on hold to never get through to them. Anthem kept me informed and said that with the COVID thing, it could take us a while.

Anytime I emailed them, I got a fairly quick response back. They told me my standing and that there's no need for me to spend any more money. I owe $88 and as soon as I pay for that, I'll be good. I was under the impression I owed in the $40,000 or so. You hear on the commercials, and they use scare tactics, but with what I thought I owed, I was nervous when I went to the mailbox because I was afraid the IRS was gonna send me something saying they were going to levy my pay or garnish my wages, and it took a huge weight off of me.

Anthem Tax Services response

We appreciate the kind words, William. The team at Anthem Tax Services thanks you for trusting us with your tax needs!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I had a great experience with Anthem. They helped me get caught up on my taxes and set up a payment plan. They were available to speak with me by phone if I had any questions through every step of the process, which I really appreciated. I also appreciated that I had direct contact with the CPAs. The guy who did my taxes was great. He told me all the paperwork I needed to gather. He would then send me the link with all the paperwork that I needed to print and sign and then send to the IRS.

There was one part of the process that was a little misleading. In the beginning, I had to pay the upfront costs to get caught up for all the taxes that I was behind on. The next step was that Anthem negotiates with the IRS to see what plans I would qualify for. I was under the impression when I paid the first amount to them that it was going to cover me throughout the entire process. That was not the case. The cost ended up being double of what I had originally anticipated. I had to take out a 401(k) loan for that first installment that was due for them in order to even get started on my case.

So, it was a few months after that I'd gotten everything submitted that Anthem told me the next step. I would have to pay another $1500 to get the rest of the stuff done. They could have been a bit more forthcoming in saying there would be additional costs eventually. That kind of money can be hard to come up with. If I couldn’t pay it, then I'd be right back where I was. My taxes would have been filed but the piece that I needed help with would not have been taken care of.

Anthem Tax Services response

We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Thank you, Rebecca!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Anthem's program took more than what I thought it was gonna take. But I know it was a process. At the beginning, it was just getting all my information. In the last five months, they were with me and explaining step-by-step. Every time I had a concern, they walked me through it to help me understand the program I was in and how I was going to get the result I was looking for. Every time they ask me for my personal information or fax any paperwork, they took steps that they needed to take in order to help me feel comfortable with what they were doing. I was very confused with some of the steps and the terminology that I didn't understand.

When I first started going through the process, there was a government shutdown and that interfered. And then, there was COVID this year. It would have been nice for Anthem to reach out if things happen and say what they were not able to do. But, I was having to reach out to them and I wasn't getting the responses I needed. Once we got all that cleared up, the emails were constant and the communication got better. I am still waiting to see how much of the reduction there's going to be on what I owe. Until then, I will feel that there was some progress made on my behalf. I was very pleased with Anthem's services.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Mary. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Sam ** and the other Associates at Anthem tax Services have been great! They have done a great job helping me on the path to rectifying my IRS problems and keep me focused in doing so. Sam has been very easy and helpful through the whole process this far. He even tries to make sure I don't let things slip through the cracks. He contacts me as needed and makes sure I am current on where we are at in the process. I am confident Sam will make sure the outcome with my situation is fair and keeps me in good standing. I have been very satisfied thus far and will definitely recommend Anthem Tax Services in the future.

Thank you, Michael!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I dealt with Sam and he was helpful, attentive to my wants and needs and very professional! He was very prompt to call me back when needed and kept me updated on the process!! I would totally recommend this company and Sam to anyone needing help with their taxes!!

Original review: July 28, 2021

I had a good experience with them... They were very good at trying to resolve my tax debt... Exploring various options to help me to the best solution... Their tax professionals are courteous and great at responding.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you for the great review, Khalid!

Original review: July 9, 2021

I selected Anthem Tax services after receiving letters from the IRS. I was told they would be able to reduce my tax liability. After almost a year after signing, I never heard from them and couldn't get in touch with my case worker. Several calls over a few months and finally got in touch with a manager who said someone would be contacting me after the first of the year. Sometime in February 2021 I called again and pitched a fit after learning I had approx $4000 interest added to my IRS debt due to Anthem not following up or taking any action.

My case working was no longer with the company and a new one was assigned. In April of 2021 I had provided all required documents and they said they will only be able to set me up on a payment plan to the IRS... No reduction, No penalty abatement, nothing that would help reduce my liability. In fact my liability went up due their lack of response. Here it is July 2021 and still nothing from the IRS for a payment plan yet interest is still accruing. I want my money back. We'll see if they hold true to their guarantee.

Original review: June 27, 2021

I have experienced several instances of requests for documents, which I supplied. The most recent request for tax documents for a tax year I did not contract assistance for. I have experienced having to deal with several different people requesting documents only to then learn the person 'is no longer with the company.' Then they start all over asking for more documents. NO ONE has provided me with an analysis of my situation and NO ONE has informed me about their representation of me with the IRS to assist with debt resolution. To date, what they have done is assist me with completing and filing tax returns for the years I need help with. I am no less than 60 days away from the expiration of my contract and this is what has been accomplished - filing tax returns.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue, Ms. Kim. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Your feedback has been forwarded to our Customer Support team for review, and they will contact you directly to find a resolution. We truly hope you provide us with an opportunity to turn your experience around.

Anthem Tax Services Company Information