Call toll free
3.55/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Anthem Tax Practitioners and Specialists provide world-class services including tax preparation and relief for individuals and businesses. They are skilled in helping people who have received both Lien or Wage Garnishments. Services are tailored to each case and offered remotely so that clients never have to leave their office.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

40 Anthem Tax Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 24, 2019

I don’t do taxes myself so I needed someone to do taxes and I am satisfied with Anthem Tax Services. They were the first company that reached out to me. I didn’t know a lot about them but they gave me the information I was looking for. Also, when I talked to them, they said they service my area even though it is far unlike the other company that does not service my area. I signed up with Anthem online and then one of the attorneys called me and explained the program and it went on from there. They answered the questions I needed to hear and reached out to me. They are filing my taxes. In fact, I signed a power of attorney to retain for a few years and they will be watching and making sure that my taxes are correct. I was also being questioned about my home-based business at that time and I just filed it with them. I think that tax is for eight years so I wanted to get that completed although it seemed like I was like going in unended circles.

I worked with Jake and he was able to say that he could get me on the right track and explained to me how their program worked. I owed the IRS in back taxes and I have a long-time history with paying. I have been trying to get over and finish paying them. But, it just seems like I can never get to that point because of the way I am penalized. However, Anthem’s cost could improve. When I first signed up, it was a little more than I expected and it kinda hurt. But so far, their program has been good. They gave me coaching and told me what I needed to do, just like the other person who filed my taxes prior, too. Moreover, they understand the home-based business deductions.

Anthem Tax Services response

Great feedback, Marva! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your Anthem Tax Service experience!

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Our experience with Anthem Tax has been very good so far. We researched them online, and I got some very good reviews. I also spoke to a couple people that have used them, and I decided to proceed. The enrollment process was extremely easy. All I had to do was submit them my bills after we had our conversations about what could be accomplished. They’ve been doing very well by it.

The program has cut down some of our bills dramatically. They worked with taking the creditors off that. They tried to resolve some positive feedback and resolutions. And if there’s a bump in the road where somebody’s not gonna move, we’re discussing it, see what we can be doing. But they always use positive language like graduation process and buzzwords to make you feel better than fear the situation that we’ve been herded. I’m happy that someone like Anthem was willing to help us out. The investment was a little tough to handle in the beginning. I understand no one’s gonna do nothing for free, but the fact that they did, now, we’re very happy. Our tax bill was so ginormous that they helped the government understand that we just couldn't pay the bill. We’re trying to do things the right way. We’re going through some financial hardships, and they got us off our back.

Anthem Tax Services response

Great feedback, John! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you had a great experience with Anthem Tax Services!

Original review: April 3, 2019

I had a tax debt. I found Anthem Tax Services on Google. They had a good review so I called them up and they seemed very helpful on the phone. My whole initial experience was good. Friendly people. They were really good and they did the whole claim thing just fine. They did what I paid them to do. They told me they're throwing it in for free at the end, and that's what happened.

However, the follow up bothered me because they didn’t really follow through on a lot of things they said, like they told me they would do my taxes for the next year, but then they didn’t do them right. I asked them to change it but they never did so I quit using them. But the reps always answered the phone, called me back and were very helpful. They were knowledgeable. The rep was very calming. He would calm me down if I was worried about something and he was very reassuring. I was comfortable the whole time. If I got worried about something, the reps would talk you through it and tell you what's happening. Very informative and they would take time to answer all your questions. That was always nice. Anthem will take care of your issues.

Anthem Tax Services response

Kristopher, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve our client experience in the future.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I worked with Anthem Tax Services last year with a tax issue and then this year, I decided to go with them again due to their customer service. I used to get my taxes done through another company. But they’re very commercial and corporate. Anthem would offer something more and I wanted to deepen a relationship with stuff that I already know. Also, the program was quick and painless. I don’t have to sit in anyone’s office, talking to them and I can do everything over email.

I sent Anthem my W-2 and the letter that I got from the IRS and then they sent me back a tax planner. It is a questionnaire that describes my filing status, any dependents and any deductions that they should be aware of. I just filled out the questionnaire over email, then I got a phone call back from another preparer working on my file and I answered a few clarifying questions. They didn’t have a million questions and the numbers looked right from my understanding and I was able to receive a copy. They had a cover sheet that highlighted my return, what I owe and the refund that I’m getting back. They gave me the instructions too. I signed the forms and just mailed them to the state and the federal government.

Anthem was extremely responsive when I had a tax problem last year. But this year, I didn’t have an emergency so the responsiveness was a little bit slower. I just needed my tax paperwork prepared. When I initially emailed my tax information to one person who was out of the office, I got transferred back to my original person. Then there was someone else working on my actual file and then I got a phone call from another person. It would've been better to have one point of contact. Other than that, I felt comfortable working with their specialist and I wouldtell my friends to work with that person.. My taxes are done at this point in time and I feel great.

Anthem Tax Services response

Denise, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve the way we communicate with our clients.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was looking for some help to consolidate my income tax. It had gotten big and there was a portion that was unpaid. Also, the interest rate that has grown on it was exponential to the point where I wanted to see if I could reach out to one of these tax services. Anthem Tax Services came up. They had good reviews, and I gave them a call. Anthem was the first ones who called me back when I sent them the information that I had. During the callback, I asked the questions and the rep answered them thoroughly, to the point where I felt comfortable enough to move forward, and I’m glad I did. Once I did, everything was really easy. The enrolment was seamless. This is my first time ever dealing with this type of service. I’m busy during my workday, and Anthem made it easy for me to get the consolidation of my income tax done, all the while, I was still doing my regular job.

Working with their rep was comfortable and very conversational. He was a solid guy and the conversation we had was easy. He was thorough in explaining everything to me. There was a part where the process was taking up too much of my time and then going over line-by-line. But he did the highlight reel for me of what it would be, and it was everything he said it would be. He called me back right away when it was set up. The next month, the payment started kicking in, and it was like on cruise control from there. They got ahold of the IRS and they’re making my monthly payment program now. Working with Anthem took the pressure off of me. The amount that was settled upon was a good enough amount that I would be able to pay it off, and it didn’t affect my life.

Anthem Tax Services response

Greg, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Anthem Tax Services!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the highest level of service to each client!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthem Tax Services?

Original review: May 8, 2019

Anthem Tax Services has helped me in a huge way. I had not filed for a few years. With 3-4 sources of income, things had became a nightmare. They helped me with grade-A customer service and professionalism to organize and prepare everything. Thanks to them I feel as stress free as can be! Special thanks to Josh and Shannon! I will be doing business with them until retirement.

Anthem Tax Services response

Edwin, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Anthem Tax Services!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the highest level of service for each client!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 29, 2019

I was at a truck stop right on the Louisiana-Texas border and saw an Anthem Tax Services brochure. It was about tax time and I figured since they were in a truck stop and advertising in a truck stop, they might be proficient in the certain tax advantages that truckers get. I called them and then went from there. But it did not go well.

I talked to a guy named Ben and he explained to me what they did. It was pretty straightforward because I wasn’t itemizing. He got all my information and I paid him $350 in advance. I waited for a week or two and I got some numbers back from them. All the numbers didn’t add up though and he didn’t even enter my income correctly. He even admitted that part and I tried to fix it as far as putting the price of income in, but he told me that I was trying to commit fraud because I was trying to use the transportation worker's per diem credit. It was $53 a day for every day that you're going 100 miles away from home and I had gone hundreds of miles from home. I'll never get over it. I've never been so mad at somebody I didn’t know.

I asked for a refund and he said he would send it to me and that he would send it to the accounting to see what went wrong. He also asked me if I ever got my $350 back or got it amended like a real tax refund. I took went to my grandfather's doctor's CPA. It cost $200, but he did it all correctly and had my credit in there. I got the refunds within two weeks.

Anthem Tax Services response

Hi Louie, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with Anthem Tax Services. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We engaged Anthem to negotiate a tax repayment installment plan on our behalf. Before signing up with them, I made it clear to their sales person (D.B.) that I had already initiated contact with the IRS via mail and submitted an installment plan request, but that we had not heard back after 3 months. He assured us that they have a fast track and get would have priority in exchanging information and would be able to get an affordable repayment plan in place for us.

Our fee from Anthem was $3500 - which I see is much more than others seem to have paid, based on reviews on this site - and for that money they redid all the paperwork that I had already completed, assigned a paralegal or secretary (not sure which) to manage our case, and after a couple of months they told us they "almost" had a reasonable installment plan in place EXCEPT that the reduced payment was denied because of the forms which I had previously submitted (which I told Anthem about - and shared copies with them). We engaged them in mid September, and late in October I received notice from the IRS that required IMMEDIATE response (within 10 days of receipt). We called Anthem and left messages, sent several emails, and got NO RESPONSE. I had to respond to the notice and completed the arrangements myself.

Basically, this review is negative because I wasted my time and money working with Anthem. Anyone who can read and write can fill out the required forms themselves; Anthem does not have any magic that makes your tax burden "go away" and their sales person was not honest about what they could reasonably hope to accomplish. They wanted that fee (which is non-refundable) and basically promised the world to get it. Lesson learned - I hope others are smart enough to avoid this service.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I called Anthem and they said that they would be able to help me. So, I responded back to them. But my experience in communicating with their reps was poor because they didn't get back to me and I feel like I didn't get anything for my money. I paid $3,500 and right after I did that, I got a response from the IRS, which I had contacted directly and they approved me for a payment program. Anthem said that they would be able to help me with penalties and interest that I was being charged but to this day, I haven't heard of a single thing back and I haven't got a dime of anything reduced.

I was looking up their information the other day to give them a call because I paid their fee pretty much in full and I wanted to find out what, if anything, they were planning on doing with the taxes, penalties and interest that I was charged. I wanted to originally cancel our contract, but it was within two days of contacting them that I got this thing back from the IRS. And Anthem assured me that I would be getting more of a refund back on my taxes and penalties than what I paid in. So, I thought it would be beneficial for me to continue forward.

I've communicated with Anthem's reps about six times so far and I was comfortable speaking with them through the process. But the service was non-existent.

I'm in the customer business and if I treated my customers like that, I wouldn't have repeat customers ever or customers that stayed. And if there's somebody else that's out there that's on the fence, I wanna give them a heads up that they have to do their due diligence before they step forward because Anthem's service may not be everything they say it is.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I had a good experience with Anthem Tax Services. It was very easy to get set up with them and working with them has impacted my life a lot.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I needed to reduce my taxes so I looked at online ratings of tax companies and decided to go with Anthem Tax Services. They said they would speak and negotiate on my behalf. When I signed up, I spoke to someone that filled me on the program. And once I paid my money, I started dealing with Brandi. She gathered the information initially, but I haven’t heard from her since. Anthem Tax Services got me a reduced amount and I’m now on a manageable payment plan which I appreciate but I’ve never gotten anything in writing. It was just poor communication. As of now, I don’t know what’s going on. Dealing with Anthem Tax Services was helpful, but for the amount of money that I paid, I expected some communication and feedback particularly from sending emails. However, I didn’t get a response back which was very frustrating.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I needed help with my taxes and my friend referred Anthem Tax Services to me. Their reps were very much professional, courteous and helped me with everything. I did an individual tax preparation through them. Robert, one of the tax specialists, was very helpful. They were very understanding and I would recommend them if anyone else needs them.

Anthem Tax Services response

Monica, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Anthem Tax Services!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the highest level of service to each client!

Original review: April 23, 2019

Anthem's reviews made me get their services. The enrollment process was easy and since working with them, I haven't been as stressed out about trying to take care of my issue. They were able to do what I couldn't do in the past five years with the IRS. They got a hold of them, gave me an honest answer, and got me on a payment plan. Now my program is almost completed and I only have a few back-to-back updates and such left.

Anthem Tax Services response

Richard, Thank you for taking the time to share your Anthem Tax Services experience with others. We’re happy that you’re satisfied with steps taken on your case.

Original review: April 22, 2019

My husband worked for a company and it was a self-employment deal. But it wasn’t all it made out to be and it cost us about $12,000 in cash. I researched online and after talking to a few different places, we went with Anthem Tax Services. I communicated with David who was good at his job and he did all that he thought he could do. But there wasn’t really much except for that we had to come to a settlement to pay our taxes. We were in constant communication with Anthem and they always took my calls. They knew what they were doing as far as the law and everybody that I spoke with was kind and knowledgeable. David was on the phone with the IRS every day, trying to do something best, and I wish the amount due could have been lower but he got us the smallest possible payment that he could. I’d recommend this company to anybody.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you, Diana! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the tax relief services you needed.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 21, 2019

I had to pay what I owed the IRS. I went through a couple of different companies and I wasn’t satisfied with them. I ended up with Anthem Tax Services. I told their rep what my problem was and I was told that they were gonna save me. I thought we were gonna save money but we didn’t and it was a hocus pocus. I owed 49,000 but they told me it was supposed to be $10,000. I could have gone through the IRS on my own and did the same thing but I had to pay a fee of $3,800 which could have paid my balance off. Anthem’s reps kept on telling me not to contact the IRS. Also, what they promised me was not on paper. When I spoke with them about it, they kept on giving me the runaround. I had to talk to this person and talk to that person, so I really never got the true thing. I was told that they kept me from getting liens but it was not worth $10,000. I owed just as much paying them and I still come out paying more.

I am finished with the process and I am paying 600 some dollars a month. Anthem gave me nothing. They had one girl though who was awesome and she took all the information and gave it to people who were more experienced. She helped me out the most while everybody else gave me the runaround. Then, my wife was able to talk to Charlie and he guaranteed that they were gonna take 10,000 off the top but that guarantee was nothing. I took a slow process with this and I wanted to make sure we were getting our money’s worth but we didn’t. I think Anthem’s job was to get someone hooked on one person and hook you to two or three other people and by the time you finished, you can’t remember whatever they said.

Anthem should be honest and have everything in writing. Moreover, there should be one person to stick to instead of them keeping on turning me over to different people because they make me forget what I heard and I know what we heard. I’m really not satisfied at all with Anthem and I would not recommend them. I’m calling it as a lesson. I haven't seen anything with Anthem and all this is just an illegal scam to me. All they did was save us from dealing with the IRS.

Although, they did the paperwork and all the stuff for me but the only thing that helped was not having a lien and not going through all the painful process. But if I was able to talk to IRS and I did some research, I could have done it on my own and saved my money. The IRS website tells you what to do and it was exactly what Anthem did. I have told a couple of people that they might as well go to IRS and I am not suggesting any companies. This is the biggest scam.

Anthem Tax Services response

When our customers are unhappy, we’re unhappy... Let us make it up to you! We will be in touch with resolution options.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I owed a lot to the IRS. While the other companies told me that they couldn't help me, Anthem told me they could so I went ahead, got their services, and paid them upfront. However, they were not able to help me in getting my taxes reduced. The IRS didn't approve it and I had to pay the full thing on my own. I was a little disappointed about that but it wasn't Anthem's fault. They tried their best to do what they could. They were very knowledgeable and very helpful.

Anthem Tax Services response

We appreciate your feedback, Julie! We aim to provide the best possible service for our clients!

Original review: April 19, 2019

I had some back taxes and filings that I wasn't able to file and so I started searching for tax repair through Anthem. When I enrolled, I didn't have to do much. Josh was the rep that I spoke to and he told me that he could work with me. He convinced me and I decided to move forward with him. He set me up where everything's good with the government and he got everything straightened out. Also, while he is in California and I'm in Kansas, he called me whenever he needed to call me and I called him whenever I needed to call him. We just worked. Everything worked out great. Anthem provided good service and it's been a good deal.

Anthem Tax Services response

Great feedback, Keven! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience with Anthem Tax Services!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 18, 2019

I wound up owing the government quite a bit of money with the changes they made to health insurance. I haven't changed anything as far as withholdings, but with my income, insurance calls me to be over the threshold to get government assistance. But at the same time, there was no way I could afford insurance on what I was making without it. Anthem Tax Services was the first one that called me back. The only issue I had was I got changed around and handed off to different people. I wound up working with four. But overall, they did an okay job. They could've been a little bit more forthcoming about my situation and what the outcome would be with my situation. They did help me, but they didn't help me with my situation.

Anthem Tax Services response

Clyde, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve our means of communication.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I was in a tax situation and we were trying to leverage it, and we went on the internet. I was very apprehensive about going down that path, but my wife said that Anthem looked legitimate and that their website had some good reviews. We called and spoke with a guy named Joe, and he basically sold something that he couldn't give us and took our money. That was $2,500 and nothing happened. It got to the point where after nothing was done, they were not able to save me any money at all. Then it also got to the point where they were avoiding my calls. Joe was very rude and told me that they had done all they could do. I told him that was unacceptable.

From there, the owner Josh called me and told me that they were gonna try some additional steps to try to get some things leveraged. That didn’t happen either. He initially told me that they would refund us and that was another reason why we decided to move forward with Anthem. They had said that they could help us and that they would give us a refund, and of course, that didn’t happen either. I'm still left here with everything that I had before but without $2,500. It's a very elaborate scam. They oversell their services and I don’t think that they can help everyone that they say they can help. My tax accountant told me not to deal with those kinda companies because to his experience, they can't do anything.

Anthem Tax Services response

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience with Anthem Tax Services. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I got turned over to Anthem Tax after I couldn't find the other company I was with. I told Anthem that the IRS is charging me $2,500. They said that if I pay them $200, then they would take care of my taxes and I won't have to worry about it anymore. After about 2 or 3 months, what happened was they took care of all my credit cards but they didn't pay the interest on the credit cards. Then they said that they couldn't do anything and that the IRS said that I had to pay the taxes. So, they were never able to stop what they were trying to take care of and I wound up paying the same amount to the IRS after being charged the 200. I was disappointed.

Original review: April 14, 2019

We came across Anthem Tax Services on the Better Business Bureau website. They had good reviews and they were a member of the Better Business Bureau. We talked with someone who explained the program to us and how it worked. We paid him the fee, then we had to wait for someone out in California to get in touch with us to give us additional information as to what we needed to do from there. However, their customer service is a bit lacking, and it may have been the person that we had. We were disappointed in that part of it because we had to go back and get in touch with the person in California who first told us about it to get him to get someone to call us to give us information.

When they first called us and told us what we needed to do, they said that we would have a form to fill out which we didn't get. We called them back two weeks later and they said, "Well, there's a form you've got to fill out," which was all of the information expenses that we had to give them, and it was the first negative part of it. He didn't send the form to begin with and he told us we had one to fill out. We kept waiting, but he didn't send it. We called back and they said, "Oh yeah," then he finally sent it.

We had to wait another week for somebody to call and tell us, "The appointment up," for us to be able to even talk to him. And in that appointment, she asked the questions. We thought we would be given the information that we had spent a good bit of time trying to research and get, but she didn't need it. I asked why we spent all that time if it wasn't something they needed or was gonna ask for. I also asked how long it was gonna take for the rest of it and she said, "You should be hearing something from us. We'll have to get in touch with the state and IRS. And it should take about four weeks." However, after four weeks, we heard nothing. We waited and we called them back. By that time, the IRS had shut their doors, so we had to wait another month or so until they opened back up until something could begin.

It was like pulling teeth to get our lawyer, Brandi, to even give us any information and tell us what was going on. She had too much to do and was a scatterbrain. We had a very aggravating experience with her. It was not very smooth. We called to complain and said, "We either get her on the boat or give us another lawyer." Then, she bent over backward and said sorry, and she did fairly good after that, but we felt like for as much money we had to pay to get something done, it shouldn't have been that way.

She did what she needed to do with the state. She said what we had to do to qualify, but we didn't qualify for any of the programs out there. However, it would help us reduce the penalty or interest. She got the draft set up with them and we are on our own now. Their state is drafting out what they need so we can get it paid. However, I needed a regular bill or credit card that you get a statement -- how much you paid each month and how much you still owe. But then, I am in the dark with all of these. I had to email her back the other day and say, "What am I supposed to do? I'm not getting statements. I don't know how much I owe. I don't know when this is gonna be paid off."

It is like I am sending the money and when it gets paid, it will get paid, but nobody is gonna let me know, so I had to call the tax service myself this week, both North Carolina and the IRS, and find out if I am gonna get a statement or what I am gonna do. I am gonna be in the dark, but I hope for the best. From what I understand, I don't have to call every single month to find out what my balance is and how much more I still owe. I don't know their plans towards principal and I don't know what they are putting towards interest, although that is what I thought we were paying for upfront. There are too many unknowns.

Original review: April 13, 2019

At first, many times I asked Anthem Tax Services to have an appointment at office, but they just asked me to send my document by the PDF and Gmail. And every time that I asked them, "What is your address? I just want to talk to one of your accountants," they said, "Oh, we're in a changing office so we don’t have an office yet." Also, they emailed me in October of last year one minute before the deadline that they would file my tax. And then this year, I went to my other tax guy and he look at my previous tax and he said, "Who filed this tax? It's all wrong." Anthem told me that I owe $3,000 to IRS and they changed it four times. They gave me the voucher for the 2018, but that had the tax for the 2017. And now, I'm just waiting for my current accountant to figure out that the money that I paid for 2017 tax is on IRS on my 2018. Anthem's reps have zero professionalism.

Anthem Tax Services response

Original review: April 12, 2019

Anthem Tax Services helped me get my incorporation. I initially talked to someone named David and we had a really good conversation. When I explained to him that I was planning an incorporation and told him my vision for my company, he gave me the best suggestion and that was why I went with Anthem. He also had communication with me going in the process. The whole thing moved along a really reasonable time frame and Anthem's customer service was excellent. I talked to IRS about doing everything myself and they told me that it was gonna take me a minute to go through all of the paperwork. With Anthem, it was easy when we actually signed everything. Also, since using Anthem, my credit rating has gone up by 100 points and I have gotten several new accounts.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Anthem Tax didn’t help me at all. We sent $5,000 but I didn’t get anything out of it. The sales guy from Anthem Tax was easy to get ahold of every time we called him. He was okay at first but then at the end, it was a pain to even get ahold of him. I told the guy at Anthem that there was no way that I could meet the IRS agent and he said that he told him and that I could meet him on Monday. However, he never even called the IRS agent. When I talked to the IRS agent, he said he was waiting for us to call him. The Anthem Tax rep supposedly worked on a payment plan which cost me $80,000. Three months later, he called and said he was doing a bunch of stuff that I have to pay. I’m going through the whole process again without them.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Sean. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to assist you. Be on the lookout for additional correspondence from our team.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Anthem Tax Services was affordable. They were in my price range. The rep I worked with did what he said he would do. He kept me in the loop of what was going on. Everything was good. I was in a tough bind, and I'm very grateful that they were able to help me. I would recommend Anthem.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I went online and contacted about five companies, and Anthem Tax Services was the only one that called me back in a reasonable amount of time. I owe the IRS a bunch of taxes, and they worked with me on that. However, the rep was really hard to get a hold of when I needed to talk to him. And it was like my problem wasn't big enough to really matter to him much. When I called him, "Let me look at the file, let me do this." He never took the time to even look at my case. Anthem Tax Services got some of my stuff dropped, but it wasn't like the promise they said in the advertising.

Original review: April 7, 2019

It was fairly easy to enroll with Anthem. When I first signed up, I felt like everything was going accordingly. Everything was moving pretty fast. Originally, I got the Anthem that is in California. However, when they transferred me to the Anthem that is in Orlando 'cause it was closer to me, it seemed that the one in California is the one on the ball. They were able and on-point with everything. With the one in Orlando, I had to keep calling them to ask what's going on. They tell me that they needed me to do something and I responded by asking why I never got a phone call. Even if their staff emailed me, they have my number and they should have at least called. Every day, I felt like I should’ve been reaching out to Anthem to find out what's going on. I was six months in and I still didn't know anything.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I love Anthem Tax. They’re helping me do my taxes and their service is great. I’m with Josh and he’s very informative. My experience has been amazing and I’ve been referring my friends to them.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Anthem provided me with tax debt relief and everybody who helped did a wonderful job. Getting a hold of Anthem to ask questions wasn't hard. I would either call them or leave an email and they would get back to me. They should market themselves a little bit more though. The sooner people know about them, the better off they would be.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I was trying to deal with the IRS. I went to many accountants but my final decision was with Anthem Tax Services because it's very trustful people and I'm very happy with them. They deal with people who have some debt with the IRS. I conducted business with Jo so she took care of everything in this company. Everything is very fast and this is very nice. I have visited even the office there so I wanted to speak with the real people, to see who is dealing with, and they have everything. I'm about to complete the program and Anthem is about to finalize everything.

Anthem Tax Services expert review by Andrew Poulos

With a focus on helping clients with liens and wage garnishments, Anthem Tax Services provides both tax relief and tax preparation services.

• Services: Anthem Tax offers tax resolution, tax preparation, audit protection and audit representation, bookkeeping, garnishment and levy release, offer in compromise, penalty abatement, unified returns, installment agreement, state tax help, corporate tax prep and other tax-related services.

• Accreditations: Anthem Tax is an accredited member of the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) and the Better Business Bureau.

• Enrolled agents: Each agent employed to assist in tax preparation or tax relief efforts at Anthem Tax Services is licensed by the IRS to prepare tax returns.

• Minimum debt required: $10,000

• Average length of process: The time it takes to receive relief will vary depending on your specific tax circumstances. Anthem estimates a timeline as short as one week up to six months, depending on those factors.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Anthem Tax Services Company Information