2. Tax Relief

4.1/5 (59 ratings)

About Anthem Tax Services

Anthem Tax Services was started by licensed tax professionals that have over 30 years of experience in Tax Preparation and Tax Law. Every tax professional is licensed in all 50 states to represent our clients, and as such we are able to provide the tailored experience that you expect from your tax litigation and tax preparation professionals. We also operate remotely so you never need to leave your home or office!

Pros

• Numerous accreditations
    • Transparent results
    • Free consultation
    • Money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited details on website
    • No upfront pricing

Bottom Line

Anthem Tax Services offers a variety of tax help including resolution, preparation and protection. While details are limited online, Anthem is an accredited firm with a money-back guarantee, helping those with at least $10,000 in tax debt.

About Anthem Tax Services

Anthem Tax Services offers tax preparation services tailored specifically to the needs of each client. Its tax specialists are experienced, accredited and well-versed in the skills needed to work with the IRS and state authorities.

With service available in all 50 states, ample accreditations and tax-related memberships, Anthem Tax Services continues to provide reputable and effective tax preparation and resolution services. Anthem is registered with the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) and all Anthem tax preparers are registered CTEC preparers and licensed by the IRS.

Anthem Tax Services services

One of Anthem Tax Services’ biggest selling points is its wide variety of services. All of Anthem’s services have one goal in mind: to reduce client tax debt as much as possible. Anthem Tax Services can perform the following.

• Tax debt resolution: Whether you owe back taxes or have been audited, Anthem Tax offers tax debt resolution services to help lower the amount you owe the state or federal government. Anthem works on your behalf to negotiate a better settlement. Anthem has saved customers millions of dollars in back taxes through installment agreements, Offers In Compromise (OIC), penalty abatement, and representation.
    • Tax preparation: Preparing income tax returns is a complicated and often messy process, involving many forms and strict guidelines. Anthem will put your taxes together for you in order to avoid penalties and find you the best return possible. Anthem preparers have experience with preparing taxes for individuals and large corporations alike.
    • Audit protection: Dealing with the IRS is notoriously challenging. Audit protection is a supplemental service to tax preparation that helps simplify dealing with the IRS. It does not prevent you from being audited, but it does guarantee that a professional will be able to help you through the process if it occurs.
    • General tax help: Whatever help you need regarding your taxes — such as bookkeeping, consultations, or just generalized help — Anthem offers many tax services to keep you prepared all year. Anthem specifically offers assistance for truck drivers and other non-filers who have a hard time staying up-to-date with notices and IRS requirements.

How does Anthem Tax Services work?

Tax situations can vary widely from customer to customer. That’s why Anthem professionals complete a free consultation before service begins in order to decide a specific plan of attack for each customer.

With over 30 years of experience dealing with all types of situations, Anthem professionals can find a resolution for nearly all cases. Some tax debt resolution services include the following.

• Installment agreement: This is the most common form of tax debt resolution. It involves paying back your taxes in smaller chunks, including penalties and interest.
    • Offer In Compromise (OIC): Anthem will work directly with the IRS to negotiate a one-time settlement in an amount lower than what you currently owe.
    • Penalty Abatement: As your back taxes grow, so do your penalties. This option challenges those penalties and interest accrued to help you pay a lower amount.

On its website, Anthem Tax Services shows real client results. This transparency helps potential customers see what tax preparers have been able to settle for other clients. One client said that Anthem settled their tax debt of $44,000 for $100.

Anthem Tax Services FAQ

How much does Anthem Tax Services cost?
    Anthem does not offer up-front pricing on its website for cost. Other third-party sites have said services start around $250. During the free consultation, customers can figure out exactly how much their services will cost. Mostly it depends on the complexity of the case and how long it will take to remedy. On average, Anthem’s tax resolution services last between 30-120 days.
    Does Anthem Tax Services offer any type of guarantee?
    Because it’s difficult to promise results when dealing with the IRS, Anthem offers a 100% money back guarantee. This guarantee states that if customers are not in a better position after using Anthem’s services, they will refund the entire cost of service.

Do we recommend Anthem Tax Services?

Anthem Tax Services is trustworthy and transparent. Its tax preparers are certified and experienced, plus it holds numerous accreditations. With its money-back guarantee, customers can feel confident that their preparers are working for them at all times. Anthem’s many positive online reviews help back its claim that it offers effective resolution services.

Anthem does not offer upfront pricing, but this is likely due to the individuality of each case, which can alter overall costs. But because it offers free consultations, potential customers can easily learn what Anthem can offer them without having to commit to any contracts. This makes it a great option for anyone curious about tax resolution services.

Anthem Tax Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthem Tax Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthem Tax Services?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I started researching on the internet and I found some information about Anthem. I called them and the people that helped me out were really nice. They said that I don't need to spend that much money in the beginning. I'd start out with something simple for $500 and they'd go in and research and see where I would be at. That was what I was looking for, somebody to break it down for me and tell me what I needed to do. That felt very personable and there was no rush.

They were trying to help me. They were upfront and honest with me. They weren't trying to get all my money. They said that we could start and go in and contact the IRS for me to do some research and find out where I truly stand. This was in the middle of COVID so the IRS was virtually impossible to get ahold of. I spent hours on the phone on hold to never get through to them. Anthem kept me informed and said that with the COVID thing, it could take us a while.

Anytime I emailed them, I got a fairly quick response back. They told me my standing and that there's no need for me to spend any more money. I owe $88 and as soon as I pay for that, I'll be good. I was under the impression I owed in the $40,000 or so. You hear on the commercials, and they use scare tactics, but with what I thought I owed, I was nervous when I went to the mailbox because I was afraid the IRS was gonna send me something saying they were going to levy my pay or garnish my wages, and it took a huge weight off of me.

Anthem Tax Services response

We appreciate the kind words, William. The team at Anthem Tax Services thanks you for trusting us with your tax needs!

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I had a great experience with Anthem. They helped me get caught up on my taxes and set up a payment plan. They were available to speak with me by phone if I had any questions through every step of the process, which I really appreciated. I also appreciated that I had direct contact with the CPAs. The guy who did my taxes was great. He told me all the paperwork I needed to gather. He would then send me the link with all the paperwork that I needed to print and sign and then send to the IRS.

There was one part of the process that was a little misleading. In the beginning, I had to pay the upfront costs to get caught up for all the taxes that I was behind on. The next step was that Anthem negotiates with the IRS to see what plans I would qualify for. I was under the impression when I paid the first amount to them that it was going to cover me throughout the entire process. That was not the case. The cost ended up being double of what I had originally anticipated. I had to take out a 401(k) loan for that first installment that was due for them in order to even get started on my case.

So, it was a few months after that I'd gotten everything submitted that Anthem told me the next step. I would have to pay another $1500 to get the rest of the stuff done. They could have been a bit more forthcoming in saying there would be additional costs eventually. That kind of money can be hard to come up with. If I couldn’t pay it, then I'd be right back where I was. My taxes would have been filed but the piece that I needed help with would not have been taken care of.

Anthem Tax Services response

We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Thank you, Rebecca!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Anthem's program took more than what I thought it was gonna take. But I know it was a process. At the beginning, it was just getting all my information. In the last five months, they were with me and explaining step-by-step. Every time I had a concern, they walked me through it to help me understand the program I was in and how I was going to get the result I was looking for. Every time they ask me for my personal information or fax any paperwork, they took steps that they needed to take in order to help me feel comfortable with what they were doing. I was very confused with some of the steps and the terminology that I didn't understand.

When I first started going through the process, there was a government shutdown and that interfered. And then, there was COVID this year. It would have been nice for Anthem to reach out if things happen and say what they were not able to do. But, I was having to reach out to them and I wasn't getting the responses I needed. Once we got all that cleared up, the emails were constant and the communication got better. I am still waiting to see how much of the reduction there's going to be on what I owe. Until then, I will feel that there was some progress made on my behalf. I was very pleased with Anthem's services.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Mary. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us!

Original review: July 27, 2020

The reviews for Anthem were a little bit better than some of the other ones. Plus, they're on a commercial a lot so I figured if they weren't good, they would be kicked off the commercials by now. I went with them but it's kinda hard to get answers on things from them sometimes. We have never finished with them yet. Nobody's called and told me where we're at with it. The whole COVID thing happened and it's kinda messed a lot of things up. They're working from home so it's probably a little bit harder but the communication's a little slow. It's the worst thing. They need to keep their customers informed a little bit more.

It might've been November when I started this but I don't even know what the result's gonna end up being. I don't know what the results are on a lot of things. I had to keep calling back to ask them. They'd call and say they needed something, and I'd send it to them. Then they'd call back a week or two later saying they haven't got it. I had proof I sent it and I send it again. I received a letter from the IRS through all this. I had to keep calling in and ask them what would I do with it. They told me to send it to them so I did. They said it was just a scare letter.

They did my 2019 taxes for me during this process. I had to keep calling back and asking them, "Have y'all filed them yet?" "No, we're gonna do them next week." I call back, "No, we're gonna do them next week." That was a long drawn-out procedure. I was trying to update my tax information on it so I can get a direct deposit and nobody could ever let me know if they'd sent them yet or if they've been filed yet. They finally got it done and I got my check later but nobody was letting me know when they were gonna get it sent in and when they got it sent it.

Anthem Tax Services response

Hi Michael, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We account for every piece of information shared by our clients, and I have made sure your experience has been shared with our company to help improve the communication issues you mentioned. We're usually known for our exceptional customer service and we regret that we didn't live up to those expectations here. Happy to hear your outcome we a positive experience and we appreciate you!

Original review: July 8, 2020

I had tax problems and saw an ad. I researched Anthem on Better Business and they had really good reviews. So, I went ahead and gave them a shot. I had 3 reps and they were all excellent. They're overly friendly and honest. They keep you grounded on a realistic expectation of what they can do and what you should expect out of the program. They filed a bunch of back taxes for me and represented me with the IRS over that. They cleared all that up for me and they're doing this year's tax. I was pretty pleased with the results I got, which was basically I walked away owing them nothing. Since COVID happened, I also ended up getting almost $20,000 back.

I was so pleased with Anthem although you have to be patient with them. They don't call you every day. If you want somebody to call you every day and tell you, “We're working on it,” you're not gonna get that from them. They kind of leave you in the lurch. That frustrates people. I got that from the reviews that I read before I hired them. Sometimes people expect like an attorney is gonna call every day and check in on them but that's not what attorneys do. They file the paperwork then they call you and you got something to be told. They're not going to hold your hand because it's not necessary. They're gonna do what they're gonna do but the only thing I would like is a quick message saying, “Hey, we still got you."

Original review: April 23, 2021

Service was prompt, attentive and without overhype. Lawyer Victoria S was awesome, always available, was knowledgeable and able to explain the process while also being honest about possible outcomes. Rare a service outperforms my expectations but the attention to detail was most impressive.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Michael!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I did a Google search, and Anthem popped up near the top and they had good reviews. I called them up and talked to somebody and that was pretty much it. It was good.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you for the 5-star review, Mr. Aaron!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

There was a tax bill on a business in the state of Nevada that I never owed and Anthem provided the conversations between the Department of Taxation and their firm. They also did the procuration of an offer in compromise due to our current situation. So, an offer of compromise was accepted recently and we're waiting for the final papers to come through. Initially, I had contacted David and he was a very energetic and strong individual. I liked him. Then, I moved to another lady for a couple of weeks. Then, we moved to Victoria. She was very detailed, careful and was able to get the result and the job done. But it’s always nice to know when someone takes over the account. It changed three times over time and that was a little excessive.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Anthem seemed like the best fit for what I needed. I worked with several reps and they were all really well. The one whom I worked with most did a great job. There was so much paperwork during enrollment but it didn't take that long. Settling wasn't the greatest but it wasn't Anthem's fault. The state pulled out an agreement they earlier made just to get us to sign. Still, it worked out and this is better than what I had.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Gabriel!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I had some years that I had not filed taxes and I needed to get that done. I called Anthem up and said, "Okay. What's going on?" and they were good. I wanted to have that contact all the time, somebody updating you every day or week. I didn't get that at first. But once everything got underway, it went smoothly. And I can still send an email, and they sent information if I needed it. They should improve in the initially explaining to customers exactly their process, what different steps will be, you will get to phase one or phase two, phase three. And not having to inquire yourself, but that should be something that they should give on their own. But they work with you being the mediator between you and the IRS and they see to your advantage or try to as much as they possibly can.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Anthem Tax Services Company Information