Call toll free
4.20/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Anthem Tax Services was started by licensed tax professionals that have over 30 years of experience in Tax Preparation and Tax Law. Every tax professional is licensed in all 50 states to represent our clients, and as such we are able to provide the tailored experience that you expect from your tax litigation and tax preparation professionals. We also operate remotely so you never need to leave your home or office!

At Anthem Tax Services our foundation is built on 5 main principals: trust, service, honesty, integrity and education. These 5 principals are what we live by. We have earned outstanding customer reviews and amazing results for our clients. Because of this, we have now become the only company in the industry that is confident enough in our services to offer a 100% money back guarantee if we can’t put you into a better position than where you started.

National Association of Enrolled Agents
National Association of Tax Professionals
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Anthem Tax Services offers a variety of tax help including resolution, preparation and protection. While details are limited online, Anthem is an accredited firm with a money-back guarantee, helping those with at least $10,000 in tax debt.

PROS

• Numerous accreditations
  • Transparent results
  • Free consultation
  • Money-back guarantee

CONS

• Limited details on website
  • No upfront pricing

About Anthem Tax Services

Anthem Tax Services offers tax preparation services tailored specifically to the needs of each client. Its tax specialists are experienced, accredited and well-versed in the skills needed to work with the IRS and state authorities.

With service available in all 50 states, ample accreditations and tax-related memberships, Anthem Tax Services continues to provide reputable and effective tax preparation and resolution services. Anthem is registered with the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) and all Anthem tax preparers are registered CTEC preparers and licensed by the IRS.

Anthem Tax Services services

One of Anthem Tax Services’ biggest selling points is its wide variety of services. All of Anthem’s services have one goal in mind: to reduce client tax debt as much as possible. Anthem Tax Services can perform the following.

• Tax debt resolution: Whether you owe back taxes or have been audited, Anthem Tax offers tax debt resolution services to help lower the amount you owe the state or federal government. Anthem works on your behalf to negotiate a better settlement. Anthem has saved customers millions of dollars in back taxes through installment agreements, Offers In Compromise (OIC), penalty abatement, and representation.
  • Tax preparation: Preparing income tax returns is a complicated and often messy process, involving many forms and strict guidelines. Anthem will put your taxes together for you in order to avoid penalties and find you the best return possible. Anthem preparers have experience with preparing taxes for individuals and large corporations alike.
  • Audit protection: Dealing with the IRS is notoriously challenging. Audit protection is a supplemental service to tax preparation that helps simplify dealing with the IRS. It does not prevent you from being audited, but it does guarantee that a professional will be able to help you through the process if it occurs.
  • General tax help: Whatever help you need regarding your taxes — such as bookkeeping, consultations, or just generalized help — Anthem offers many tax services to keep you prepared all year. Anthem specifically offers assistance for truck drivers and other non-filers who have a hard time staying up-to-date with notices and IRS requirements.

How does Anthem Tax Services work?

Tax situations can vary widely from customer to customer. That’s why Anthem professionals complete a free consultation before service begins in order to decide a specific plan of attack for each customer.

With over 30 years of experience dealing with all types of situations, Anthem professionals can find a resolution for nearly all cases. Some tax debt resolution services include the following.

• Installment agreement: This is the most common form of tax debt resolution. It involves paying back your taxes in smaller chunks, including penalties and interest.
  • Offer In Compromise (OIC): Anthem will work directly with the IRS to negotiate a one-time settlement in an amount lower than what you currently owe.
  • Penalty Abatement: As your back taxes grow, so do your penalties. This option challenges those penalties and interest accrued to help you pay a lower amount.

On its website, Anthem Tax Services shows real client results. This transparency helps potential customers see what tax preparers have been able to settle for other clients. One client said that Anthem settled their tax debt of $44,000 for $100.

Anthem Tax Services FAQ

How much does Anthem Tax Services cost?
Anthem does not offer up-front pricing on its website for cost. Other third-party sites have said services start around $250. During the free consultation, customers can figure out exactly how much their services will cost. Mostly it depends on the complexity of the case and how long it will take to remedy. On average, Anthem’s tax resolution services last between 30-120 days.
Does Anthem Tax Services offer any type of guarantee?
Because it’s difficult to promise results when dealing with the IRS, Anthem offers a 100% money back guarantee. This guarantee states that if customers are not in a better position after using Anthem’s services, they will refund the entire cost of service.

Do we recommend Anthem Tax Services?

Anthem Tax Services is trustworthy and transparent. Its tax preparers are certified and experienced, plus it holds numerous accreditations. With its money-back guarantee, customers can feel confident that their preparers are working for them at all times. Anthem’s many positive online reviews help back its claim that it offers effective resolution services.

Anthem does not offer upfront pricing, but this is likely due to the individuality of each case, which can alter overall costs. But because it offers free consultations, potential customers can easily learn what Anthem can offer them without having to commit to any contracts. This makes it a great option for anyone curious about tax resolution services.

85 Anthem Tax Services Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 16, 2019

I was selling a house to an attorney and he told me there were numerous judgments against my piece of property. He sent some clerk to an office in Virginia Beach to check things out but he didn’t know what he was doing because he’s a criminal attorney. I didn’t trust any of the tax attorneys in my area so, I looked online and I read the review and I liked what I read, so I called Anthem Tax Services.

Once I talked to the rep, I decided he was the man I wanted to have. We talked for 20 minutes that day and I told him that I was very concerned about this guy. He immediately got on it and his paralegal was wonderful. She returned my call every time I left a message. She called me three times and asked why I was doing it, and said that the IRS had nothing against me. I said I was told I had anywhere from 40 to 80 things against me dating back 30 years. Nothing was newer than 10 years and it clearly stated in IRS laws that if they don’t do something in 10 years, it goes away. So, anything that had been against me had gone away but it cost me $10,000 to get the rep from Anthem to search this out.

I was livid with the attorney. I have not closed on the house yet and he has about a week. At that point, he loses the option of buying that house. He was gonna lose $45,000 on a house that’s worth 440 and this was what he has paid over five years. He came up with a new contract that was in his brother’s name, his name, and my name, but his brother never signed the contract so that makes it null and void. Also, they gave me a check not made out to me. He has given me checks many times under my name, so he did that knowing that it was wrong. Then, he gave me a deposit check that clearly states on it, “Do not deposit this check under any circumstances.” With the help of the rep from Anthem, I got through this. He did what he was supposed to and Anthem could not have been better. I have paid Anthem in full and I’m done with the process. Working with them gave me peace of mind.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I did some research online as to which was the best company and I was extremely leery because I’ve heard of people who have had not gotten great results with this particular thing. The enrollment process with Anthem Tax Services was extremely smooth. At the time, I worked in an office and all the paperwork had to be emailed to them. They sent out a checklist of everything that they wanted. I started off with a guy named Charlie and then I went to the attorney’s assistant. Then from there, once the case was handled, I spoke directly with the attorney twice. She kept me up-to-date on where my case was going.

I thought I only owed $26,000 in taxes and had been paying $528 a month and it was choking me. By going through Anthem, I found out that I actually owed $44,000. I got my taxes done for 2018, which ended up being $19,000. I had already been with Anthem then. They caught me and wanted to charge me a little bit more money and now, they gotta do a year that wasn’t included in my original plan with them. But when I spoke to the attorney and explained my situation, that I had already borrowed money to be able to do this, she did 2018 for free and put it in the plan. And I got $64,000 in taxes that are in non-collectible status, which is really a great thing right now.

My boss died. I worked there for 16 years and have never been unemployed in my life. Because of my unemployment, the attorney was able to get the taxes set to a non-collectible status, but I was prepared to make payments on it. I had a wonderful experience with Anthem Tax Services and I’m done with the program right now as long as I don’t start making a whole lot of money. But the attorney told me that I will continue to be a client and that they would keep my case in a paused status. If for any reason I get another job and the IRS comes back for me, I could reopen my case at any time.

Anthem Tax Services response

Darcell, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Anthem Tax Services!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I don’t do taxes myself so I needed someone to do taxes and I am satisfied with Anthem Tax Services. They were the first company that reached out to me. I didn’t know a lot about them but they gave me the information I was looking for. Also, when I talked to them, they said they service my area even though it is far unlike the other company that does not service my area. I signed up with Anthem online and then one of the attorneys called me and explained the program and it went on from there. They answered the questions I needed to hear and reached out to me. They are filing my taxes. In fact, I signed a power of attorney to retain for a few years and they will be watching and making sure that my taxes are correct. I was also being questioned about my home-based business at that time and I just filed it with them. I think that tax is for eight years so I wanted to get that completed although it seemed like I was like going in unended circles.

I worked with Jake and he was able to say that he could get me on the right track and explained to me how their program worked. I owed the IRS in back taxes and I have a long-time history with paying. I have been trying to get over and finish paying them. But, it just seems like I can never get to that point because of the way I am penalized. However, Anthem’s cost could improve. When I first signed up, it was a little more than I expected and it kinda hurt. But so far, their program has been good. They gave me coaching and told me what I needed to do, just like the other person who filed my taxes prior, too. Moreover, they understand the home-based business deductions.

Anthem Tax Services response

Great feedback, Marva! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your Anthem Tax Service experience!

Original review: March 29, 2019

I worked with Anthem Tax Services last year with a tax issue and then this year, I decided to go with them again due to their customer service. I used to get my taxes done through another company. But they’re very commercial and corporate. Anthem would offer something more and I wanted to deepen a relationship with stuff that I already know. Also, the program was quick and painless. I don’t have to sit in anyone’s office, talking to them and I can do everything over email.

I sent Anthem my W-2 and the letter that I got from the IRS and then they sent me back a tax planner. It is a questionnaire that describes my filing status, any dependents and any deductions that they should be aware of. I just filled out the questionnaire over email, then I got a phone call back from another preparer working on my file and I answered a few clarifying questions. They didn’t have a million questions and the numbers looked right from my understanding and I was able to receive a copy. They had a cover sheet that highlighted my return, what I owe and the refund that I’m getting back. They gave me the instructions too. I signed the forms and just mailed them to the state and the federal government.

Anthem was extremely responsive when I had a tax problem last year. But this year, I didn’t have an emergency so the responsiveness was a little bit slower. I just needed my tax paperwork prepared. When I initially emailed my tax information to one person who was out of the office, I got transferred back to my original person. Then there was someone else working on my actual file and then I got a phone call from another person. It would've been better to have one point of contact. Other than that, I felt comfortable working with their specialist and I would tell my friends to work with that person. My taxes are done at this point in time and I feel great.

Anthem Tax Services response

Denise, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve the way we communicate with our clients.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was looking for some help to consolidate my income tax. It had gotten big and there was a portion that was unpaid. Also, the interest rate that has grown on it was exponential to the point where I wanted to see if I could reach out to one of these tax services. Anthem Tax Services came up. They had good reviews, and I gave them a call. Anthem was the first ones who called me back when I sent them the information that I had. During the callback, I asked the questions and the rep answered them thoroughly, to the point where I felt comfortable enough to move forward, and I’m glad I did. Once I did, everything was really easy. The enrolment was seamless. This is my first time ever dealing with this type of service. I’m busy during my workday, and Anthem made it easy for me to get the consolidation of my income tax done, all the while, I was still doing my regular job.

Working with their rep was comfortable and very conversational. He was a solid guy and the conversation we had was easy. He was thorough in explaining everything to me. There was a part where the process was taking up too much of my time and then going over line-by-line. But he did the highlight reel for me of what it would be, and it was everything he said it would be. He called me back right away when it was set up. The next month, the payment started kicking in, and it was like on cruise control from there. They got ahold of the IRS and they’re making my monthly payment program now. Working with Anthem took the pressure off of me. The amount that was settled upon was a good enough amount that I would be able to pay it off, and it didn’t affect my life.

Anthem Tax Services response

Greg, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Anthem Tax Services!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the highest level of service to each client!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthem Tax Services?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I called Anthem Tax Services up and talked to one of their salespeople. I got their accounting services, and they were good. However, I had issues at first because there was a lot of turnover. I kept getting handed off to different people. It wasn't a knowledge problem though, it was just lack of response. But it seems to be a lot less now and I've completed the program.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I have been experiencing a downward spiral since 2014, when I was diagnosed with cancer followed by the loss of employment. Not knowing where to turn when it became impossible to pay taxes due to fluctuations in income, I searched for a company rated high by its reviewers. You can be certain you made the right choice after just the initial contact with Anthem Tax Services. They have been extremely helpful.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I went with Anthem because of representations that their agent had made to me on the telephone about their service. I got them for my business and individual taxes. During enrollment, they sent me a contract, I signed it and they had somebody call me to get additional information. Their program is finally completed and I have an agreement with the Internal Revenue Service. However, I don't think that they did all the things that I was told they would do. I have no record and I received no response to my questions about that. They were hard to get in touch with, and I understand that it takes a day to get back to somebody, but I don't understand the gap in time that it took for them to return my calls. I also don't understand why they never did a complete review of my tax liability.

What they did, I could have done because as far as I'm concerned, they didn't do anything. I'm paying the tax bill now and I have no reduction. I don't know if I was even entitled to a reduction. The one reduction that I did get was because of something I brought to the Internal Revenue Service's attention, not anything that Anthem Tax did. As far as I'm concerned, I could have saved the $5,000 and just applied that towards my tax. I would have been better off doing that. They also mentioned that if I was not satisfied, they would give me a refund. When I call for a refund, I'm put on hold, nobody comes to the phone or I'm transferred to somebody else.

Anthem Tax Services response

Hello Theresa, All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your Anthem Tax Services experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Anthem was able to put me on the best possible solution for my tax issue. Once we got started it only took a short time and they got me all set. It was simple and easy. I was skeptical at first but I was assured this was the best solution and when I received my letter from the IRS I knew this was the right choice.

Anthem Tax Services response

Great feedback, JC! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with resolution of your case!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I had some back taxes that I needed to resolve. I did some research and Anthem Tax came highly recommended. I called them and they sounded like a good fit. Their process was very quick, efficient and comfortable. We have completed it very satisfactorily since then. The rep we had, Brandy, was an excellent person to work with. She was very professional and thorough. She was easy to reach when we needed. We really had a very positive experience with Anthem overall. They have made a nightmare into a relief.

Anthem Tax Services response

Adeline, what wonderful feedback. We thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experience with Anthem Tax Services. It was out pleasure to assist you in your time of need.

Anthem Tax Services Company Information