3.9/5 (232 ratings)

About Anthem Tax Services

Anthem Tax Services employs tax professionals that have over 50 years of combined experience in tax preparation and representing clients with tax issues. Anthem Tax Services tax professionals are licensed to represent clients in all 50 states in IRS-related matters.

Pros

• Numerous accreditations
  • Transparent results
  • Free consultation
  • Money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited details on website
  • No upfront pricing

Bottom Line

Anthem Tax Services offers a variety of tax help including resolution, preparation and protection. While details are limited online, Anthem is an accredited firm with a money-back guarantee, helping those with at least $10,000 in tax debt.

What is Anthem Tax Services?

Anthem Tax Services offers tax preparation services tailored specifically to the needs of each client. Its tax specialists are experienced, accredited and well-versed in the skills needed to work with the IRS and state authorities.

With service available in all 50 states, ample accreditations and tax-related memberships, Anthem Tax Services continues to provide reputable and effective tax preparation and resolution services. Anthem is registered with the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) and all Anthem tax preparers are registered CTEC preparers and licensed by the IRS.

Anthem Tax Services services

One of Anthem Tax Services’ biggest selling points is its wide variety of services. All of Anthem’s services have one goal in mind: to reduce client tax debt as much as possible. Anthem Tax Services can perform the following.

• Tax debt resolution: Whether you owe back taxes or have been audited, Anthem Tax offers tax debt resolution services to help lower the amount you owe the state or federal government. Anthem works on your behalf to negotiate a better settlement. Anthem has saved customers millions of dollars in back taxes through installment agreements, Offers In Compromise (OIC), penalty abatement, and representation.
  • Tax preparation: Preparing income tax returns is a complicated and often messy process, involving many forms and strict guidelines. Anthem will put your taxes together for you in order to avoid penalties and find you the best return possible. Anthem preparers have experience with preparing taxes for individuals and large corporations alike.
  • Audit protection: Dealing with the IRS is notoriously challenging. Audit protection is a supplemental service to tax preparation that helps simplify dealing with the IRS. It does not prevent you from being audited, but it does guarantee that a professional will be able to help you through the process if it occurs.
  • General tax help: Whatever help you need regarding your taxes — such as bookkeeping, consultations, or just generalized help — Anthem offers many tax services to keep you prepared all year. Anthem specifically offers assistance for truck drivers and other non-filers who have a hard time staying up-to-date with notices and IRS requirements.

How does Anthem Tax Services work?

Tax situations can vary widely from customer to customer. That’s why Anthem professionals complete a free consultation before service begins in order to decide a specific plan of attack for each customer.

With over 30 years of experience dealing with all types of situations, Anthem professionals can find a resolution for nearly all cases. Some tax debt resolution services include the following.

• Installment agreement: This is the most common form of tax debt resolution. It involves paying back your taxes in smaller chunks, including penalties and interest.
  • Offer In Compromise (OIC): Anthem will work directly with the IRS to negotiate a one-time settlement in an amount lower than what you currently owe.
  • Penalty Abatement: As your back taxes grow, so do your penalties. This option challenges those penalties and interest accrued to help you pay a lower amount.

On its website, Anthem Tax Services shows real client results. This transparency helps potential customers see what tax preparers have been able to settle for other clients. One client said that Anthem settled their tax debt of $44,000 for $100.

Anthem Tax Services FAQ

How much does Anthem Tax Services cost?

Anthem does not offer up-front pricing on its website for cost. Other third-party sites have said services start around $250. During the free consultation, customers can figure out exactly how much their services will cost. Mostly it depends on the complexity of the case and how long it will take to remedy.

Does Anthem Tax Services offer any type of guarantee?

Anthem Tax Services guarantees your money back if it doesn’t save you money or rework your payments. The company evaluates whether you are eligible for a refund after receipt of a response from the IRS. The guarantee doesn’t apply to bookkeeping or tax preparation services or to nonrefundable deposits.

Do we recommend Anthem Tax Services?

Anthem Tax Services is trustworthy and transparent. Its tax preparers are certified and experienced, plus it holds numerous accreditations. With its money-back guarantee, customers can feel confident that their preparers are working for them at all times. Anthem’s many positive online reviews help back its claim that it offers effective resolution services.

Anthem does not offer upfront pricing, but this is likely due to the individuality of each case, which can alter overall costs. But because it offers free consultations, potential customers can easily learn what Anthem can offer them without having to commit to any contracts. This makes it a great option for anyone curious about tax resolution services.

Anthem Tax Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthem Tax Services?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

The best salesperson on the planet is employed by Anthem Tax. Don't listen to one word. Get out now! I made the mistake of trusting Anthem to help me with a tax problem. They did absolutely nothing. They sell you on whatever you want hear. They take all your personal info, REALLY! What a scam! They wait for several months to pass, you get nervous, they calm you down, then Bamm! They present you with something you could have done all by yourself in minutes. They did not address any of the issues that I discussed with the salesperson. They even sent me paperwork with incorrect settlement numbers. I have a paper trail. I currently have an FBI claim and a family attorney to get my $4000 back. What a nightmare. It's all my fault for trusting. Shame on me.

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I couldn’t be more happier with Anthem Tax. They did An amazing job assisting me with my issue with the IRS. I was in over my head and a coworker of mine referred me to the company and it was the best decision. Thank you so much for helping me get my life in the right track. I highly recommend.

Resolution response: Sept. 9, 2022

Resolved this review.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

If I could give zero stars I would. Scam! Anthem Tax Service made a promise to reduce or solve my tax problem at the beginning before signing up. My case has been going on for a year now and now in a worse situation than I was before signing up with them. Anthem kept my case in the dark and not informing me and updating me. Had to call them to find the status. Been in contact with “human relations “ department and continue to get lead on with scheduling “1 min calls“ days out to prolong my situation. I’ve simply asked for a refund for what I’ve paid on this payment plan and continue to get the run around. 100% money back guaranteed? That’s a lie. I feel completely fooled at this point. You're better off going through the IRS alone than with anthem.

Off website: Not only is their pricing more affordable than many of their competitors, but Anthem Tax is also one of the few companies that stand behind their services with a 100% money back guarantee. They promise that by the time you finish working with them you will be in a better place than when you started, and if you aren't, then you will be eligible for a refund. Assurances like this make it easy to understand why clients continuously choose Anthem Tax for their tax needs.

Original review: July 23, 2022

Dealing with tax issues is frustrating. I felt like I was caught in a revolving door trying to negotiate with the IRS. Calling Anthem and having Barrie ** assigned to my case made my life much easier. Anthem does not eliminate your tax debt, because if owed, a debt should be paid. However, Barrie worked out a plan for us and when IRS made a mistake and wanted to penalize us, Barrie fought for us. It’s sad that we have to hire a private company to deal with a public government agency, but at times we do. The Best thing about Barrie ** is that he actually cares about his clients. Thank you, Anthem, for employing Barrie. He is a great representative for your company!

Original review: June 3, 2022

They asked for a good review before I agreed to use their service. So I did. I signed a contract for their service and had to pay in full before they would do anything. I am very embarrassed to admit that I was taken as a fool by this company and if you haven't signed on the dotted line, don't, you'll save yourself from having to file a review like this.

Original review: March 1, 2022

On 9/1/21, I hired Anthem Tax Services (ATS) based on the presentation by the company’s salesperson. He promised that ATS would negotiate and obtain a significant reduction in my tax debts with the IRS. He demanded a fee of $6,5K and collected $1.5K upfront. The balance was to be paid off with monthly payment of $671. I had paid close to $3k to ATS and received zero service, except for the computer calculated installment agreement to the IRS. The amount of the monthly payment to the IRS as “negotiated” by ATS is the same computer calculated amount that I obtained from IRS website prior to my engagement with ATS. Most important, it was not until 1/26/22, that l was made aware unless the full $6.5K is paid, not only that ATS “Resolution Department” would not work on my reasonable cause penalty, but Anthem “cannot guarantee success.”

Lastly, on 2/4/22, I received an email from Anthem that simply affirmed that ATS would keep my $3K, because [my] case is not eligible for a money-back guarantee request, since Anthem was not “given the opportunity to complete [my] case and explore all possible resolution options with all applicable taxing authorities.”

ATS added yet another reason – a lie, of course - to keep my $3K; thus “Since you are advising that you have contracted another tax firm to move forward contacting the IRS on your behalf and the other company is now tasked with the resolution of your tax liability, we will move forward with the cancellation of your service. This is due to you breaching our agreement and initiating services with another tax firm to contact the IRS for the same service we were contracted for.” False. I did no such thing. It is a stupid lie that could be disproved easily with a single telephone call to the IRS. To this day, ATS remains my tax rep of record with the IRS. Hence, ATS would not have a problem with IRS to verify whether ATS has been replaced by another firm as my tax rep. So, yes, I have been swindled out of $3K by ATS.

Dear Kolapo,

Thank you for this review you had published. We take this information very seriously and it allows for us to take this data and information to improve our client experiences and internal processes going forward. Unfortunately, only part of the information you published is being shared in your review. Let me clarify and add some additional information so your review is more accurate. 1- we were able to lower your balance by $4,238.37 by enforcing a first time penalty abatement. We are not able to "guarantee success" of a reasonable cause penalty abatement because we can't forecast what the IRS's decision will be. The reasonable cause for a penalty abatement will only be accepted based on the information you provide us and we can't provide you a guarantee if the information you provide us isn't enough substantiation for the IRS or if it's not a legitimate reason for the IRS to abate your penalties. You had paid us a total of $3,513 of the $6,500.00 that you had agreed to paying. We are not going to finish your case until we are paid in full which It says that in your service agreement that you had signed. This is partially why we have not continued servicing your case further because more fees must be paid. Lastly, the salesperson you spoke with didn't "demand" 6.5k. He provided you the cost of our service and you made the decision to hire us. I don’t want your review to make it seem like you were forced into hiring us when it was a decision you made after you did your due-diligence.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I received a notice from the IRS that I owe $45,026.53. On August 20, 2021 I called Anthem Tax Service and spoke with Mollie **. Anthem Tax Services said they would be able to immediately stop garnishments, levies, liens, etc. preventing further actions from the IRS for the total price of $8000.00. On October 03, 2021 I discovered an unauthorized promissory note charge of $16,974.72 from Anthem Tax Services bringing the total Anthem Tax Services fees to $24,974.72 on top of my IRS debt of $45,026.53. To date there has been no reduction of my tax liability, while I am being garnished with levies and liens being attached. I have reported Anthem Tax Services to all relevant local and federal government agencies. Avoid Anthem Tax Services. Do not waste your time and money with Anthem Tax Services. I have experienced the same tactics reported by other reviewers.

Anthem Tax Services response

Mr. Wayne you have had clear communication with your tax professional about the final resolution of your case. Your tax professional spoke with you at length on 11/16/2021 and explained the resolution obtained (CNC) being the best outcome possible, in which you agreed and understood. Should you like a follow up conversation to further discuss the final resolution of your case, we kindly ask you reach the mainline at 888-548-0478, and select option 2. Thank You.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I was very impressed with a very quick response to my online request and the time spent by a highly qualified representative (David **) to listen and understand my complicated situation and provide me with various options to deal with and follow up with IRS. All this without expecting any paid service with the company. The advice I received was very helpful and comforting. Thank you so much David for your time and help! I will not hesitate for a moment to seek out services from David in future.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

David ** of Anthem Tax Service was fantastic. He spoke to me for about an hour late one Friday night and said he would do some research before charging me anything. He sent me a form to sign and 2 business later he got back to me with good news. He didn't charge me any fee.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you, Bob. We appreciate you!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

Scam and Fraud!! Anthem Tax Service made promises to reduce or solve our tax problem. Paid Anthem Tax Service $7500 for a nonstreamlined Tax Lien installment agreement with interest and penalties. They refused to honor their 100% Money Back Guarantee for making our tax situation worst. Had 5 case managers in 21 months. Anthem kept our case in the dark and not informing us. Had to call them to find out what was going on with our case. Had talks with their owner to be talked down by them. They refused to give us a refund unless I remove our bad review we gave Anthem. That's not a guarantee either?

Anthem Tax Services Company Information