3.9/5 (228 ratings)

About Anthem Tax Services

Anthem Tax Services was started by licensed tax professionals that have over 30 years of experience in Tax Preparation and Tax Law. Every tax professional is licensed in all 50 states to represent our clients, and as such we are able to provide the tailored experience that you expect from your tax litigation and tax preparation professionals. We also operate remotely so you never need to leave your home or office!

Pros

• Numerous accreditations
  • Transparent results
  • Free consultation
  • Money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited details on website
  • No upfront pricing

Bottom Line

Anthem Tax Services offers a variety of tax help including resolution, preparation and protection. While details are limited online, Anthem is an accredited firm with a money-back guarantee, helping those with at least $10,000 in tax debt.

About Anthem Tax Services

Anthem Tax Services offers tax preparation services tailored specifically to the needs of each client. Its tax specialists are experienced, accredited and well-versed in the skills needed to work with the IRS and state authorities.

With service available in all 50 states, ample accreditations and tax-related memberships, Anthem Tax Services continues to provide reputable and effective tax preparation and resolution services. Anthem is registered with the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) and all Anthem tax preparers are registered CTEC preparers and licensed by the IRS.

Anthem Tax Services services

One of Anthem Tax Services’ biggest selling points is its wide variety of services. All of Anthem’s services have one goal in mind: to reduce client tax debt as much as possible. Anthem Tax Services can perform the following.

• Tax debt resolution: Whether you owe back taxes or have been audited, Anthem Tax offers tax debt resolution services to help lower the amount you owe the state or federal government. Anthem works on your behalf to negotiate a better settlement. Anthem has saved customers millions of dollars in back taxes through installment agreements, Offers In Compromise (OIC), penalty abatement, and representation.
  • Tax preparation: Preparing income tax returns is a complicated and often messy process, involving many forms and strict guidelines. Anthem will put your taxes together for you in order to avoid penalties and find you the best return possible. Anthem preparers have experience with preparing taxes for individuals and large corporations alike.
  • Audit protection: Dealing with the IRS is notoriously challenging. Audit protection is a supplemental service to tax preparation that helps simplify dealing with the IRS. It does not prevent you from being audited, but it does guarantee that a professional will be able to help you through the process if it occurs.
  • General tax help: Whatever help you need regarding your taxes — such as bookkeeping, consultations, or just generalized help — Anthem offers many tax services to keep you prepared all year. Anthem specifically offers assistance for truck drivers and other non-filers who have a hard time staying up-to-date with notices and IRS requirements.

How does Anthem Tax Services work?

Tax situations can vary widely from customer to customer. That’s why Anthem professionals complete a free consultation before service begins in order to decide a specific plan of attack for each customer.

With over 30 years of experience dealing with all types of situations, Anthem professionals can find a resolution for nearly all cases. Some tax debt resolution services include the following.

• Installment agreement: This is the most common form of tax debt resolution. It involves paying back your taxes in smaller chunks, including penalties and interest.
  • Offer In Compromise (OIC): Anthem will work directly with the IRS to negotiate a one-time settlement in an amount lower than what you currently owe.
  • Penalty Abatement: As your back taxes grow, so do your penalties. This option challenges those penalties and interest accrued to help you pay a lower amount.

On its website, Anthem Tax Services shows real client results. This transparency helps potential customers see what tax preparers have been able to settle for other clients. One client said that Anthem settled their tax debt of $44,000 for $100.

Anthem Tax Services FAQ

How much does Anthem Tax Services cost?
Anthem does not offer up-front pricing on its website for cost. Other third-party sites have said services start around $250. During the free consultation, customers can figure out exactly how much their services will cost. Mostly it depends on the complexity of the case and how long it will take to remedy. On average, Anthem’s tax resolution services last between 30-120 days.
Does Anthem Tax Services offer any type of guarantee?
Because it’s difficult to promise results when dealing with the IRS, Anthem offers a 100% money back guarantee. This guarantee states that if customers are not in a better position after using Anthem’s services, they will refund the entire cost of service.

Do we recommend Anthem Tax Services?

Anthem Tax Services is trustworthy and transparent. Its tax preparers are certified and experienced, plus it holds numerous accreditations. With its money-back guarantee, customers can feel confident that their preparers are working for them at all times. Anthem’s many positive online reviews help back its claim that it offers effective resolution services.

Anthem does not offer upfront pricing, but this is likely due to the individuality of each case, which can alter overall costs. But because it offers free consultations, potential customers can easily learn what Anthem can offer them without having to commit to any contracts. This makes it a great option for anyone curious about tax resolution services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthem Tax Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthem Tax Services?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I was very impressed with a very quick response to my online request and the time spent by a highly qualified representative (David **) to listen and understand my complicated situation and provide me with various options to deal with and follow up with IRS. All this without expecting any paid service with the company. The advice I received was very helpful and comforting. Thank you so much David for your time and help! I will not hesitate for a moment to seek out services from David in future.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

David ** of Anthem Tax Service was fantastic. He spoke to me for about an hour late one Friday night and said he would do some research before charging me anything. He sent me a form to sign and 2 business later he got back to me with good news. He didn't charge me any fee.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you, Bob. We appreciate you!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Josh and His Team has been Helping My wife and me for a Good many years. We Are blessed to have Anthem Tax Services / AKA Having Our Back Services, taking care of Business the way all Tax services should be. We thought we had the right Tax service until We Met Josh ---OMG -- Thanks Josh :} If You experience a change in agents with them -- rest assure, They are picking the Right agent for Your Needs. WE 100 + have Nothing to worry about being in their hands. I have Never felt better in tax time -- And That Just Don't seem Right -- But True it is :} ROCKSTAR STATUS!

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you for the wonderful review Mr. Harold. We appreciate you!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I am extremely grateful to Anthem Tax Services for their kind assistance; David * was helpful, supportive, and knowledgeable. He resolved my situation/query quickly and efficiently, and provided updates/followups throughout. David was personable and professional, polite and extremely skilled at his job. I recommend Anthem Tax Service unreservedly, and by all means, please ask for David **; He knows what he is doing, and he does it very well.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you for the 5-star review!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Sam ** and the other Associates at Anthem tax Services have been great! They have done a great job helping me on the path to rectifying my IRS problems and keep me focused in doing so. Sam has been very easy and helpful through the whole process this far. He even tries to make sure I don't let things slip through the cracks. He contacts me as needed and makes sure I am current on where we are at in the process. I am confident Sam will make sure the outcome with my situation is fair and keeps me in good standing. I have been very satisfied thus far and will definitely recommend Anthem Tax Services in the future.

Thank you, Michael!

Original review: June 3, 2022

They asked for a good review before I agreed to use their service. So I did. I signed a contract for their service and had to pay in full before they would do anything. I am very embarrassed to admit that I was taken as a fool by this company and if you haven't signed on the dotted line, don't, you'll save yourself from having to file a review like this.

Original review: March 1, 2022

On 9/1/21, I hired Anthem Tax Services (ATS) based on the presentation by the company’s salesperson. He promised that ATS would negotiate and obtain a significant reduction in my tax debts with the IRS. He demanded a fee of $6,5K and collected $1.5K upfront. The balance was to be paid off with monthly payment of $671. I had paid close to $3k to ATS and received zero service, except for the computer calculated installment agreement to the IRS. The amount of the monthly payment to the IRS as “negotiated” by ATS is the same computer calculated amount that I obtained from IRS website prior to my engagement with ATS. Most important, it was not until 1/26/22, that l was made aware unless the full $6.5K is paid, not only that ATS “Resolution Department” would not work on my reasonable cause penalty, but Anthem “cannot guarantee success.”

Lastly, on 2/4/22, I received an email from Anthem that simply affirmed that ATS would keep my $3K, because [my] case is not eligible for a money-back guarantee request, since Anthem was not “given the opportunity to complete [my] case and explore all possible resolution options with all applicable taxing authorities.”

ATS added yet another reason – a lie, of course - to keep my $3K; thus “Since you are advising that you have contracted another tax firm to move forward contacting the IRS on your behalf and the other company is now tasked with the resolution of your tax liability, we will move forward with the cancellation of your service. This is due to you breaching our agreement and initiating services with another tax firm to contact the IRS for the same service we were contracted for.” False. I did no such thing. It is a stupid lie that could be disproved easily with a single telephone call to the IRS. To this day, ATS remains my tax rep of record with the IRS. Hence, ATS would not have a problem with IRS to verify whether ATS has been replaced by another firm as my tax rep. So, yes, I have been swindled out of $3K by ATS.

Dear Kolapo,

Thank you for this review you had published. We take this information very seriously and it allows for us to take this data and information to improve our client experiences and internal processes going forward. Unfortunately, only part of the information you published is being shared in your review. Let me clarify and add some additional information so your review is more accurate. 1- we were able to lower your balance by $4,238.37 by enforcing a first time penalty abatement. We are not able to "guarantee success" of a reasonable cause penalty abatement because we can't forecast what the IRS's decision will be. The reasonable cause for a penalty abatement will only be accepted based on the information you provide us and we can't provide you a guarantee if the information you provide us isn't enough substantiation for the IRS or if it's not a legitimate reason for the IRS to abate your penalties. You had paid us a total of $3,513 of the $6,500.00 that you had agreed to paying. We are not going to finish your case until we are paid in full which It says that in your service agreement that you had signed. This is partially why we have not continued servicing your case further because more fees must be paid. Lastly, the salesperson you spoke with didn't "demand" 6.5k. He provided you the cost of our service and you made the decision to hire us. I don’t want your review to make it seem like you were forced into hiring us when it was a decision you made after you did your due-diligence.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I received a notice from the IRS that I owe $45,026.53. On August 20, 2021 I called Anthem Tax Service and spoke with Mollie **. Anthem Tax Services said they would be able to immediately stop garnishments, levies, liens, etc. preventing further actions from the IRS for the total price of $8000.00. On October 03, 2021 I discovered an unauthorized promissory note charge of $16,974.72 from Anthem Tax Services bringing the total Anthem Tax Services fees to $24,974.72 on top of my IRS debt of $45,026.53. To date there has been no reduction of my tax liability, while I am being garnished with levies and liens being attached. I have reported Anthem Tax Services to all relevant local and federal government agencies. Avoid Anthem Tax Services. Do not waste your time and money with Anthem Tax Services. I have experienced the same tactics reported by other reviewers.

Anthem Tax Services response

Mr. Wayne you have had clear communication with your tax professional about the final resolution of your case. Your tax professional spoke with you at length on 11/16/2021 and explained the resolution obtained (CNC) being the best outcome possible, in which you agreed and understood. Should you like a follow up conversation to further discuss the final resolution of your case, we kindly ask you reach the mainline at 888-548-0478, and select option 2. Thank You.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

Scam and Fraud!! Anthem Tax Service made promises to reduce or solve our tax problem. Paid Anthem Tax Service $7500 for a nonstreamlined Tax Lien installment agreement with interest and penalties. They refused to honor their 100% Money Back Guarantee for making our tax situation worst. Had 5 case managers in 21 months. Anthem kept our case in the dark and not informing us. Had to call them to find out what was going on with our case. Had talks with their owner to be talked down by them. They refused to give us a refund unless I remove our bad review we gave Anthem. That's not a guarantee either?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Anthem Tax Services is a rip off and a scam. They make promises they can’t keep and then make promises that they say they can keep only don’t keep those promises either. David **, one of their slick salesmen, is very responsive until he gets you to agree to hire Anthem and then does not answer phone calls or return them. Their “Case Managers” do not respond to emails or answer or return phone calls either. Don’t waste your limited funds on Anthem Tax Services. You would be better off finding a company that actual cares and handles your problems or use the funds to pay off your tax obligation.

Anthem Tax Services Company Information