Call toll free
3.88/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Anthem Tax Practitioners and Specialists provide world-class services including tax preparation and relief for individuals and businesses. They are skilled in helping people who have received both Lien or Wage Garnishments. Services are tailored to each case and offered remotely so that clients never have to leave their office.

National Association of Enrolled Agents
National Association of Tax Professionals
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Anthem Tax Services offers a variety of tax help including resolution, preparation and protection. While details are limited online, Anthem is an accredited firm with a money-back guarantee, helping those with at least $10,000 in tax debt.

PROS

• Numerous accreditations
  • Transparent results
  • Free consultation
  • Money-back guarantee

CONS

• Limited details on website
  • No upfront pricing

About Anthem Tax Services

Anthem Tax Services offers tax preparation services tailored specifically to the needs of each client. Its tax specialists are experienced, accredited and well-versed in the skills needed to work with the IRS and state authorities.

With service available in all 50 states, ample accreditations and tax-related memberships, Anthem Tax Services continues to provide reputable and effective tax preparation and resolution services. Anthem is registered with the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) and all Anthem tax preparers are registered CTEC preparers and licensed by the IRS.

Anthem Tax Services services

One of Anthem Tax Services’ biggest selling points is its wide variety of services. All of Anthem’s services have one goal in mind: to reduce client tax debt as much as possible. Anthem Tax Services can perform the following.

• Tax debt resolution: Whether you owe back taxes or have been audited, Anthem Tax offers tax debt resolution services to help lower the amount you owe the state or federal government. Anthem works on your behalf to negotiate a better settlement. Anthem has saved customers millions of dollars in back taxes through installment agreements, Offers In Compromise (OIC), penalty abatement, and representation.
  • Tax preparation: Preparing income tax returns is a complicated and often messy process, involving many forms and strict guidelines. Anthem will put your taxes together for you in order to avoid penalties and find you the best return possible. Anthem preparers have experience with preparing taxes for individuals and large corporations alike.
  • Audit protection: Dealing with the IRS is notoriously challenging. Audit protection is a supplemental service to tax preparation that helps simplify dealing with the IRS. It does not prevent you from being audited, but it does guarantee that a professional will be able to help you through the process if it occurs.
  • General tax help: Whatever help you need regarding your taxes — such as bookkeeping, consultations, or just generalized help — Anthem offers many tax services to keep you prepared all year. Anthem specifically offers assistance for truck drivers and other non-filers who have a hard time staying up-to-date with notices and IRS requirements.

How does Anthem Tax Services work?

Tax situations can vary widely from customer to customer. That’s why Anthem professionals complete a free consultation before service begins in order to decide a specific plan of attack for each customer.

With over 30 years of experience dealing with all types of situations, Anthem professionals can find a resolution for nearly all cases. Some tax debt resolution services include the following.

• Installment agreement: This is the most common form of tax debt resolution. It involves paying back your taxes in smaller chunks, including penalties and interest.
  • Offer In Compromise (OIC): Anthem will work directly with the IRS to negotiate a one-time settlement in an amount lower than what you currently owe.
  • Penalty Abatement: As your back taxes grow, so do your penalties. This option challenges those penalties and interest accrued to help you pay a lower amount.

On its website, Anthem Tax Services shows real client results. This transparency helps potential customers see what tax preparers have been able to settle for other clients. One client said that Anthem settled their tax debt of $44,000 for $100.

Anthem Tax Services FAQ

How much does Anthem Tax Services cost?
Anthem does not offer up-front pricing on its website for cost. Other third-party sites have said services start around $250. During the free consultation, customers can figure out exactly how much their services will cost. Mostly it depends on the complexity of the case and how long it will take to remedy. On average, Anthem’s tax resolution services last between 30-120 days.
Does Anthem Tax Services offer any type of guarantee?
Because it’s difficult to promise results when dealing with the IRS, Anthem offers a 100% money back guarantee. This guarantee states that if customers are not in a better position after using Anthem’s services, they will refund the entire cost of service.

Do we recommend Anthem Tax Services?

Anthem Tax Services is trustworthy and transparent. Its tax preparers are certified and experienced, plus it holds numerous accreditations. With its money-back guarantee, customers can feel confident that their preparers are working for them at all times. Anthem’s many positive online reviews help back its claim that it offers effective resolution services.

Anthem does not offer upfront pricing, but this is likely due to the individuality of each case, which can alter overall costs. But because it offers free consultations, potential customers can easily learn what Anthem can offer them without having to commit to any contracts. This makes it a great option for anyone curious about tax resolution services.

64 Anthem Tax Services Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 23, 2019

An absolute idiot attorney didn’t know what he was doing, and he had somebody look up my record and said that I had 30 judgments against me. The attorney said that there must be some kind of mistake and I told him it was on his end. It cost me $10,000 to use Anthem to prove I didn’t have anything. I’ve lived here in Virginia Beach all my life and I didn’t trust anybody. I wasn’t happy with the alternatives here and I went online. Lo and behold, I saw Anthem. I called and I enjoyed talking with the rep. I figured he would help me and he sure did. He was a wonderful person and his staff were terrific. I had them do an individual tax preparation and checking to see if I owed the IRS anything, which I didn’t. They kept calling and asking why I was having them do it. I told them that the attorney said I needed to. He couldn’t close on a house that I was selling because I had all these things against it.

Vanessa, the Anthem tax specialist, was terrific and I loved her. She always got back to me within a day, which was not unreasonable. She always knew exactly what I needed to do. Anthem did exactly what they were supposed to in a very timely manner and I couldn’t ask for anything better. If I used an attorney in my own area, I couldn’t have had anybody doing better than what Anthem did. I’ve completed the program with them but I misunderstood exactly how much I owed or what the deal was and I still owe them $4,000. I paid them $6,000. I have no qualms over that and it’s over with, that’s all I care about.

Anthem Tax Services response

William, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Anthem Tax Services!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I did some research online as to which was the best company and I was extremely leery because I’ve heard of people who have had not gotten great results with this particular thing. The enrollment process with Anthem Tax Services was extremely smooth. At the time, I worked in an office and all the paperwork had to be emailed to them. They sent out a checklist of everything that they wanted. I started off with a guy named Charlie and then I went to the attorney’s assistant. Then from there, once the case was handled, I spoke directly with the attorney twice. She kept me up-to-date on where my case was going.

I thought I only owed $26,000 in taxes and had been paying $528 a month and it was choking me. By going through Anthem, I found out that I actually owed $44,000. I got my taxes done for 2018, which ended up being $19,000. I had already been with Anthem then. They caught me and wanted to charge me a little bit more money and now, they gotta do a year that wasn’t included in my original plan with them. But when I spoke to the attorney and explained my situation, that I had already borrowed money to be able to do this, she did 2018 for free and put it in the plan. And I got $64,000 in taxes that are in non-collectible status, which is really a great thing right now.

My boss died. I worked there for 16 years and have never been unemployed in my life. Because of my unemployment, the attorney was able to get the taxes set to a non-collectible status, but I was prepared to make payments on it. I had a wonderful experience with Anthem Tax Services and I’m done with the program right now as long as I don’t start making a whole lot of money. But the attorney told me that I will continue to be a client and that they would keep my case in a paused status. If for any reason I get another job and the IRS comes back for me, I could reopen my case at any time.

Anthem Tax Services response

Darcell, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Anthem Tax Services!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I don’t do taxes myself so I needed someone to do taxes and I am satisfied with Anthem Tax Services. They were the first company that reached out to me. I didn’t know a lot about them but they gave me the information I was looking for. Also, when I talked to them, they said they service my area even though it is far unlike the other company that does not service my area. I signed up with Anthem online and then one of the attorneys called me and explained the program and it went on from there. They answered the questions I needed to hear and reached out to me. They are filing my taxes. In fact, I signed a power of attorney to retain for a few years and they will be watching and making sure that my taxes are correct. I was also being questioned about my home-based business at that time and I just filed it with them. I think that tax is for eight years so I wanted to get that completed although it seemed like I was like going in unended circles.

I worked with Jake and he was able to say that he could get me on the right track and explained to me how their program worked. I owed the IRS in back taxes and I have a long-time history with paying. I have been trying to get over and finish paying them. But, it just seems like I can never get to that point because of the way I am penalized. However, Anthem’s cost could improve. When I first signed up, it was a little more than I expected and it kinda hurt. But so far, their program has been good. They gave me coaching and told me what I needed to do, just like the other person who filed my taxes prior, too. Moreover, they understand the home-based business deductions.

Anthem Tax Services response

Great feedback, Marva! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your Anthem Tax Service experience!

Original review: March 29, 2019

I worked with Anthem Tax Services last year with a tax issue and then this year, I decided to go with them again due to their customer service. I used to get my taxes done through another company. But they’re very commercial and corporate. Anthem would offer something more and I wanted to deepen a relationship with stuff that I already know. Also, the program was quick and painless. I don’t have to sit in anyone’s office, talking to them and I can do everything over email.

I sent Anthem my W-2 and the letter that I got from the IRS and then they sent me back a tax planner. It is a questionnaire that describes my filing status, any dependents and any deductions that they should be aware of. I just filled out the questionnaire over email, then I got a phone call back from another preparer working on my file and I answered a few clarifying questions. They didn’t have a million questions and the numbers looked right from my understanding and I was able to receive a copy. They had a cover sheet that highlighted my return, what I owe and the refund that I’m getting back. They gave me the instructions too. I signed the forms and just mailed them to the state and the federal government.

Anthem was extremely responsive when I had a tax problem last year. But this year, I didn’t have an emergency so the responsiveness was a little bit slower. I just needed my tax paperwork prepared. When I initially emailed my tax information to one person who was out of the office, I got transferred back to my original person. Then there was someone else working on my actual file and then I got a phone call from another person. It would've been better to have one point of contact. Other than that, I felt comfortable working with their specialist and I would tell my friends to work with that person. My taxes are done at this point in time and I feel great.

Anthem Tax Services response

Denise, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve the way we communicate with our clients.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was looking for some help to consolidate my income tax. It had gotten big and there was a portion that was unpaid. Also, the interest rate that has grown on it was exponential to the point where I wanted to see if I could reach out to one of these tax services. Anthem Tax Services came up. They had good reviews, and I gave them a call. Anthem was the first ones who called me back when I sent them the information that I had. During the callback, I asked the questions and the rep answered them thoroughly, to the point where I felt comfortable enough to move forward, and I’m glad I did. Once I did, everything was really easy. The enrolment was seamless. This is my first time ever dealing with this type of service. I’m busy during my workday, and Anthem made it easy for me to get the consolidation of my income tax done, all the while, I was still doing my regular job.

Working with their rep was comfortable and very conversational. He was a solid guy and the conversation we had was easy. He was thorough in explaining everything to me. There was a part where the process was taking up too much of my time and then going over line-by-line. But he did the highlight reel for me of what it would be, and it was everything he said it would be. He called me back right away when it was set up. The next month, the payment started kicking in, and it was like on cruise control from there. They got ahold of the IRS and they’re making my monthly payment program now. Working with Anthem took the pressure off of me. The amount that was settled upon was a good enough amount that I would be able to pay it off, and it didn’t affect my life.

Anthem Tax Services response

Greg, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Anthem Tax Services!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the highest level of service to each client!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthem Tax Services?

Original review: July 18, 2019

Anthem seemed like they have a lot of experience and the best plan of action. They reach out and have the opportunity to really go into detail about the issues and break it down. They were able to interface for me through the process. They were also able to get things lined up and discuss the issue on my behalf with the IRS, and they were able to offer me some alternative things to look at in ways to be creative to deal with the situation. The reps were very knowledgeable, to-the-point, didn’t beat around the bush and was able to get back to me when they said they would. They were accessible when they said they would be accessible, stayed on top of things, and were able to expedite a resolution to the issue. It got the monkey off my back so it has impacted my life in a better way moving forward and getting the situation resolved quickly. I was totally satisfied.

Anthem Tax Services response

Great feedback, William! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad that we were given the opportunity to assist you in this process!

Original review: July 17, 2019

Anthem Tax Services have good reviews compared to other companies. I went with them and their rep kept in touch with me right away. They addressed my concerns and questions very well. The program that Anthem Tax Services provided me was really good and working with them made my life easier. I would recommend them.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you, Joshua! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the peace of mind that you needed.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Anthem Tax Services offered a solution to a problem. They took my credit card debt and managed to reduce some of it, and they got it all paid off. Enrolling with them was easy. We set up what we said we were gonna do and we got it done. I was comfortable working with them. If I had concerns, they helped me resolve them effectively. They did what they said they would do and got rid of those credit card debts. At this point, the process is completed. Working with them took care of a problem and gave relief.

Anthem Tax Services response

James, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Anthem Tax Services!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the best experience for each customer!

Original review: July 8, 2019

Very informative and put my mind at ease after speaking on the phone. David did help work with me by payment arrangements to pay the fee. Helped me put paying IRS off until I get my financial status better. Would definitely recommend Anthem.

Anthem Tax Services response

Great feedback, Carey! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with the outcome of your case!

Original review: July 4, 2019

The IRS took money out of my wife's account, so I had to get somebody to help me. I went to Clark Howard's website, and he had Anthem rated number one. They stopped the charge on my wife's savings account and they got the IRS to quit taking money out of my social security, so I'm way ahead of the game. I got the IRS off my back, so that's great. I worked with Daniel at Anthem and he was very good. He was very calm, very reassuring, and easygoing. He took care of everything. I've got a non-collectible status and we're gonna keep it that way.

Anthem Tax Services response

Great feedback, William! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with the resolution to your case!

Original review: July 2, 2019

I felt like they took advantage of me when I was already in financial peril with the IRS. They charged me 4k to file my unfiled taxes and then another 8k to negotiate with the IRS - in addition I had to pay the 8k (or at least sign up to pay it) before they ever told me what I was going to get - or how much I would end up owing the IRS. So now, I owe the IRS and Anthem Tax Services.

Anthem Tax Services response

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Anthem Tax Services! We value your feedback and the chance to resolve any issues that our customers may have.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I looked into a rent-to-own home and they told me to do the Anthem Tax Service to help my credit. If I had known what Anthem was gonna charge me, I could have paid the taxes with that. It ended up being ridiculous and so, I still haven’t got my taxes paid. They originally told me it was $1,000 but it ended up being $1,800. I wish I had that amount to pay on this when they told me that they could get this taken care of. This was a couple of years ago and they kept telling me that they would do my next year free. I had to call them several times and they wouldn’t return my calls. The customer service wasn’t good at all and I still owe $4,000.

Anthem Tax Services response

Velda, We’re sorry to hear about your recent Anthem Tax Services experience. We sincerely apologize and would like to make it up to you. Someone from our Customer Care team will be reaching out with a resolution.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Well my experience was long and tedious I’m sure it was the best that could be expected given the circumstance. My Federal tax debt was over $20,000 and we settled for 700. The people working my case were friendly, diligent and respectful of my frustration.

Anthem Tax Services response

Great feedback, Les! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with the outcome of your case!

Original review: June 29, 2019

So happy I found Anthem Tax services! This is my second year going with them and my consultant Josh is fantastic. They have definitely put my stress at ease when it comes to tax season. I would highly recommend them to my friends and family!

Anthem Tax Services response

Natalie, Thank you for taking the time to share your Anthem Tax Services experience with others.

Original review: June 28, 2019

We settled our case with IRS, and we mailed Anthem our check. They cashed it on February 20th, and it’s been more than 120 days and we haven't received anything. I’ve been calling Roger for questions and information, and he never returns my call. I have to leave him 10 messages until somebody contacts me back. Otherwise, they handled our case very well and I will recommend them to anybody.

Anthem Tax Services response

Many thanks for the feedback, Yasir! We’re pleased to hear you’re satisfied with Anthem Tax Services. We’d love to hear more about what we can do to make this a five-star experience.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Anthem did a better job than the other tax service that I was with. Back then I felt like I was getting ripped off and Anthem's team helped me out with everything. I enrolled and got an individual tax preparation service from them. It was really messed up on my part 'cause some of those years I didn't file then I didn't file so they had to go through my taxes for me from way back. Still, they got it done for me. Also, I bought a house last year, and there was some kind of paperwork I needed from the IRS. I had a hard time getting through. I called Anthem and they handled it for me. Since working with them, I've been staying on top of my taxes a lot better than I was. Overall, Anthem did everything they said they were gonna do. They were upfront with me about what they couldn't do.

Anthem Tax Services response

Richard, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Anthem Tax Services!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the highest level of service to each client!

Original review: June 22, 2019

Anthem was the first one I chose and I developed a good relationship with Josh over there. They worked together to handle my stuff quickly and efficiently. I owed almost $20,000 in taxes from selling some land and stuff that I hadn't paid going through a divorce. So, I got audited and I ended up paying their fee plus $100 to the IRS. It was a two-year probation plan with the IRS and those I filed on time. I never had to pay that back. Anthem's process was easy. I gave them my information then I paid the fee and they handled everything from there. Right now, I have been trying to get some returns from last year and Josh is still helping me with that even though my deal with them was already done and over with. He’s been capable of handling everything I needed, always gets back to me in a timely manner, and handles my business. All in all, I was very satisfied with my experience with Anthem.

Anthem Tax Services response

Joshua, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Anthem Tax Services!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the highest level of services to each client.

Original review: June 21, 2019

My wife forgot to put money aside for her 1099 and our tax bill came to like six grand. Right around tax time I spoke to Alex who was phenomenal. He laid everything out and would call on weekends. He was very professional, very friendly, very helpful and supportive. He’s really been a godsend for us. He got us involved with a lady and everything was transferred to a power of attorney. We’re still waiting for our liability. I haven't heard anything about that yet and it's been 3 or 4 weeks so I don’t know where we’re at. I would like a little bit more communication. We got spoiled with Alex and all of a sudden, it just dropped off. After the initial process, a little bit more follow-up or contact would be great so I'm not worried about where I'm at. But I would recommend Alex and Anthem Tax Services to anybody and everybody, and I already have.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 20, 2019

I’m very disappointed with Anthem Tax. They do not respond to any of my calls. I left messages, and I texted them. I emailed a letter that I received from the IRS regarding the case that they’re working on for me, and I heard nothing back. I don’t know why they don’t respond. I called three different people that I spoke with in the past from Anthem Tax, and nothing. I started with them six months ago and it's supposed to be ending, but I don’t know what the status is. In the meantime, I don’t know how to respond to the letter that I’ve received from the IRS. Anthem Tax doesn’t seem to care at all. It surprised me because prior to this, I thought everything was going okay.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Mordechai. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to assist you. Be on the lookout for additional correspondence from our team.

Original review: June 18, 2019

My husband has a tax problem but we can't afford to pay because of some financial hardship. We had so many deaths in our family last year and then my husband is also not in a good medical condition. That's why I needed help to do the IRS. I spoke with Joshua at Anthem and he helped me. He is very good. He explained everything to me in detail. He is also very honest. He would tell me if he can help me or not. I would highly recommend Anthem because they are being so fair with people who needs help and the processing is so fast. They worked with me, in terms of what I needed to submit, and they tried to negotiate it and submit. Nothing is final but it's on the IRS' hand now. They have received it and they're gonna review it. It helps me not to worry much, not like when you don't know what to do. Hopefully, everything will turn out okay.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you, Grace! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback!

Original review: June 11, 2019

Over the years, I owed money and every time I paid my tax return, it was all going into federal tax. But even with that, my taxes were increasing. Then after I had 6,000, I received a bad letter from the IRS. I contacted a guy from Anthem Tax Services and he helped me out with everything. Right now, I'm paying monthly and he is resolving the problem. I would recommend Anthem.

Anthem Tax Services response

We appreciate your feedback, Dirk! We aim to provide the best experience for our clients!

Original review: June 10, 2019

We were looking to do an offer in compromise and we found Anthem. We looked at ratings and the typical reviews, and made a gut decision to go with them. They were also close. They were just 40 minutes north of us. The process took longer than we thought. But it was easy. The rep we worked with was friendly, very knowledgeable, responsive and helpful. He took care of things when he said he was going to and they were able to get rid of $50,000 of back taxes. We settled for like $100 which is a pretty good deal. I got rid of a lot of debt and now, I don't have to pay back. So that's a big impact of working with Anthem. I would give them a positive recommendation. The experience was great.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Anthem was closest to me and that was why I chose to work with them. Enrolling was real easy too. I talked to them over the phone and sent them the documents that I had from the IRS. That was it. At this point, they had set up a payment plan with the IRS until they can get the offer in compromise done.

Anthem Tax Services response

Thank you, Brett! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback!

Original review: June 8, 2019

Anthem's services and staff were good. I worked with Minji and I was impressed with the professionalism I was shown. Working with Anthem has been a positive experience for me. I chose them since the prices that they offered were competitive with the other companies and their reviews were all good. Enrolling and interviewing with them happened in about a week's timeframe. Working with them has been for the better. I have a better credit score now and the huge thing is not owing federal or state taxes anymore for all those years. It’s like a heavy truck lifted off my shoulders.

Anthem Tax Services response

Gregory, Thank you for taking the time to share your Anthem Tax Services experience with others. We’re ecstatic to her that you are happy with the resolution of your case!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I had a past employer do some fraudulence on my tax forms. Anthem Tax redid my taxes for that year though, and they got the fraud taken out. I owed the IRS around 10 grand because my previous company said they paid me a whole bunch of money they had never paid me. But the Anthem Tax rep took good care of me. He filed the two past years for me and got me all the money back. I regularly go to H&R Block before to file my taxes. This was my first time having to use a tax attorney like that, and it was excellent.

As soon as I hired Anthem Tax, I knew I was in good hands. The rep explained everything to me. He made it real easy to do. He sent me the documents, and told me where to sign. They told me it might take six months to get the money back. You had to have patience to deal with it, but it was actually surprisingly fast. I got my money back in about three months.

Anthem Tax Services response

Great feedback, Christopher! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with the service you received from Anthem Tax Services!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Anthem Tax Services has helped me in a huge way. I had not filed for a few years. With 3-4 sources of income, things had became a nightmare. They helped me with grade-A customer service and professionalism to organize and prepare everything. Thanks to them I feel as stress free as can be! Special thanks to Josh and Shannon! I will be doing business with them until retirement.

Anthem Tax Services response

Edwin, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Anthem Tax Services!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the highest level of service for each client!

Original review: April 29, 2019

I was at a truck stop right on the Louisiana-Texas border and saw an Anthem Tax Services brochure. It was about tax time and I figured since they were in a truck stop and advertising in a truck stop, they might be proficient in the certain tax advantages that truckers get. I called them and then went from there. But it did not go well.

I talked to a guy named Ben and he explained to me what they did. It was pretty straightforward because I wasn’t itemizing. He got all my information and I paid him $350 in advance. I waited for a week or two and I got some numbers back from them. All the numbers didn’t add up though and he didn’t even enter my income correctly. He even admitted that part and I tried to fix it as far as putting the price of income in, but he told me that I was trying to commit fraud because I was trying to use the transportation worker's per diem credit. It was $53 a day for every day that you're going 100 miles away from home and I had gone hundreds of miles from home. I'll never get over it. I've never been so mad at somebody I didn’t know.

I asked for a refund and he said he would send it to me and that he would send it to the accounting to see what went wrong. He also asked me if I ever got my $350 back or got it amended like a real tax refund. I took went to my grandfather's doctor's CPA. It cost $200, but he did it all correctly and had my credit in there. I got the refunds within two weeks.

Anthem Tax Services response

Hi Louie, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with Anthem Tax Services. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We engaged Anthem to negotiate a tax repayment installment plan on our behalf. Before signing up with them, I made it clear to their sales person (D.B.) that I had already initiated contact with the IRS via mail and submitted an installment plan request, but that we had not heard back after 3 months. He assured us that they have a fast track and get would have priority in exchanging information and would be able to get an affordable repayment plan in place for us.

Our fee from Anthem was $3500 - which I see is much more than others seem to have paid, based on reviews on this site - and for that money they redid all the paperwork that I had already completed, assigned a paralegal or secretary (not sure which) to manage our case, and after a couple of months they told us they "almost" had a reasonable installment plan in place EXCEPT that the reduced payment was denied because of the forms which I had previously submitted (which I told Anthem about - and shared copies with them). We engaged them in mid September, and late in October I received notice from the IRS that required IMMEDIATE response (within 10 days of receipt). We called Anthem and left messages, sent several emails, and got NO RESPONSE. I had to respond to the notice and completed the arrangements myself.

Basically, this review is negative because I wasted my time and money working with Anthem. Anyone who can read and write can fill out the required forms themselves; Anthem does not have any magic that makes your tax burden "go away" and their sales person was not honest about what they could reasonably hope to accomplish. They wanted that fee (which is non-refundable) and basically promised the world to get it. Lesson learned - I hope others are smart enough to avoid this service.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I called Anthem and they said that they would be able to help me. So, I responded back to them. But my experience in communicating with their reps was poor because they didn't get back to me and I feel like I didn't get anything for my money. I paid $3,500 and right after I did that, I got a response from the IRS, which I had contacted directly and they approved me for a payment program. Anthem said that they would be able to help me with penalties and interest that I was being charged but to this day, I haven't heard of a single thing back and I haven't got a dime of anything reduced.

I was looking up their information the other day to give them a call because I paid their fee pretty much in full and I wanted to find out what, if anything, they were planning on doing with the taxes, penalties and interest that I was charged. I wanted to originally cancel our contract, but it was within two days of contacting them that I got this thing back from the IRS. And Anthem assured me that I would be getting more of a refund back on my taxes and penalties than what I paid in. So, I thought it would be beneficial for me to continue forward.

I've communicated with Anthem's reps about six times so far and I was comfortable speaking with them through the process. But the service was non-existent.

I'm in the customer business and if I treated my customers like that, I wouldn't have repeat customers ever or customers that stayed. And if there's somebody else that's out there that's on the fence, I wanna give them a heads up that they have to do their due diligence before they step forward because Anthem's service may not be everything they say it is.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I had a good experience with Anthem Tax Services. It was very easy to get set up with them and working with them has impacted my life a lot.

Anthem Tax Services Company Information