2. Tax Relief

J. David Tax Law LLC
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.95/5
Visit Website

J. David Tax Law is a Tax Firm that provides customized tax solutions that enable you to overcome your tax problems and successfully move on with your life. J. David Tax Law is not a tax relief or tax resolution company. Here, only an experienced tax attorney will work on your case. Our team has represented and helped thousands of individuals as well as businesses in the United States solve their IRS and State Tax Debt issues. We offer flexible fee payment plans that make professional representation affordable for all consumers. We consistently provide our clients relief from bank levies, wage garnishments, and Federal or State tax liens. In most cases we can get IRS or State wage garnishments removed within 48 hours. We even offer a No-Cost Professional Consultation to start the process of ending your tax burden. Peace of mind is only a click or phone call away.

J. David Tax Law LLC Reviews

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Yan ** of J. David Tax Law worked tirelessly on my behalf to stop liens and navigate what was going on with state taxes. His consistent and reliable communication, knowledge of the complexities of the system, and ability to help me understand how to resolve disputed returns and balances was truly remarkable. I was overwhelmed with anxiety by things that I felt I could neither understand or control, but Ryan was there for me through all of it, providing explanations as well as affirmations on how we were moving forward. I am very grateful for this hard work on my behalf not only for state but also Federal returns. After reducing balances we worked out a payment plan that I can live with. After this experience, I also plan to use J. David Tax Law’s tax preparation services for 2020.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I contacted your firm and Ryan **, Esq. was assigned my case. Mr. ** was very professional and detailed in his explanation of my tax case. I was attempting to have my 2007 and 2008 back taxes matter resolved after getting a Lien letter from both the IRS and the State of Maryland. Mr. ** was able to get me a 5-year repayment plan for my MD back taxes when on my own I have only been able to get a 3-year plan which made my payments too expensive to afford.

As far as my Federal back taxes are concerned, Mr. ** was able to stop the IRS from placing a lien on my bank accounts and garnishing my paycheck and after extensive research and paperwork, was able to prove my non-collectability and have my back taxes put into a non-collectible status. I would highly recommend J. David Tax Law over the likes of Optima tax (I tried them) because they successful handle both State and Federal tax matters. Mr. ** and his team were great in keeping me informed with calls, voice message, and emails. I was never in the dark as to what was going on with my case. Thank you, Ryan.

J. David Tax Law LLC response

Mr. Coates, thank you for your kind words and the opportunity to represent you!

Original review: July 10, 2019

I have been pursued by the IRS for many years since my tax debt had gotten out of hand and I was completely unable to pay it and I had received garnishment threats and liens by the dozens.. At one point I had to file bankruptcy since they were making life unbearable and it wiped out about $200K+ of my debt.. But I was still stuck with over $260K in tax debt and saw no end.. It was to the point that I thought I was going to have a heart attack as it was affecting my life so much and the stress was almost unbearable.

I hate to admit, but at one point I even decided I would just hang on as long as I could and then when they swept down to ruin me, I would just end my life.. There was not a night I went to bed and did not have trouble sleeping worrying about if my bank account would be swept the next day.. This has gone on for almost 19 years and it was to the point my sister offered to just let me move in with her and get a small job just to get some emotional relief. I received a letter again October 2018 from the IRS stating my debt at almost $300K and was about to give up..

I went online and came across the J David Tax Law firm among many others. Their firm had received a high amount of 5 star ratings and amazing reviews and the other firms not so much.. After checking out several different firms, I finally decided to go with them.. I've always wondered if the reviews weren't "staged." How does one ever know? All I can tell you is that THIS WAS THE BEST DECISION I'VE EVER MADE IN MY LIFE!!! I spoke with one of their attorneys, Chris **, who was assigned to my case and was immediately relieved when he outlined what he thought was going to happen after I had spoken just briefly with him.. I have been mostly current with my taxes and all of the debt was from old taxes that I had never addressed..

Long story short, he contacted the IRS and got transcripts and found that over $260K of my taxes were going to expire Dec 2019 due to the statute of limitations for them to collect.. He somehow managed to get me into noncollectible status within a 2 weeks in Oct 2018 and I got confirmation of this from the IRS stating that they would contact me "annually" to see if I was able to pay anything toward the debt. Chris explained that this meant I would not hear form them again until Oct 2019.. A WHOLE YEAR WITHOUT THEM HARASSING ME!!! It is now July 2019 and I have had peace of mind for the first time in over 18 years.. By the time October 2019 rolls around I may have to pay them a small amount based on income and ability to pay, but at that point I will only have to pay them for 2 months until the taxes expire. I think I can handle that LOL..

All I can say is, if you have a tax problem that is ruining your life, don't suffer another minute... CALL THESE PEOPLE!!! Trust me, you don't know what you're doing and these people know EXACTLY how to take care of this problem.. If I had tried to take care of this myself, just like in the past, not only would I have been paying the IRS exorbitant amounts of money this last year, but probably would have screwed up my rights by signing something I shouldn't have that gave up some of the rights I would have had otherwise. You can't be too careful with the IRS.. You need people who know "exactly" what to do. I have not heard from the IRS since last October and I'm sure I won't hear from them again until the upcoming October, if then.

I have had many small questions for Chris in the interim and he has emailed me back quickly with answers to keep my stress level down even though my contract with them has been fulfilled.. I CAN'T RECOMMEND THESE PEOPLE HIGHLY ENOUGH!!! I will follow up this review when next December rolls around to confirm that the nightmare is over and give a complete summary.. I just can't tell you what a relief this has been and how nice it is to be able to relax for the first time in 18 years knowing everything is being taken care of and that they have my back if I need them down the road... Don't make the same mistake I did and live with unbearable stress any longer.. CALL THEM!!!! You'll be glad you did!!!!

J. David Tax Law LLC response

Robert, thank you for sharing your story and your kind words! We appreciate the opportunity to serve you!

Original review: June 27, 2019

My experience with JDTL was a very positive one. I am self employed and had several years back taxes due and was getting very threatening mail from the IRS, even to the point they were about to freeze my checking accounts. I had notices of Intent to Levy my personal accounts and notices of Intent to Lein on any property I had. I was overwhelmed and fighting a battle I did not understand. JDTL addressed the IRS on my behalf and I never even had to deal with the IRS! I owed federal and state back taxes and I had pushed it to the limit. Something had to be done!

From the very beginning, after our phone interview, I knew I had the right people on my side. I had already gone to two different CPAs for help who wanted ME to contact the IRS and wanted ME to do all of the leg work. They were no help at all. I didn't know what to do. During my initial interview with JDTL, I knew I had the right firm. They were very knowledgeable about my situation and offered me information from the standpoint of where I was currently, deep in debt to the IRS! I was to the point of tears and fears, for sure, before I contacted JDTL. I could not afford to pay my taxes, much less a tax attorney. No problem with JDTL. They set up a payment plan with me that I could afford and that made a huge difference. They assured me from the beginning that I did have options. They worked directly with me throughout the process and they worked with the IRS on my behalf.

I found JDTL's staff to be very professional and at the same time, very personable. My representative, Charles "Cole" **, was a Godsend. He kept me informed of every correspondence he made on my behalf to the IRS. He guided me through the understanding of my options. He followed up promptly to my phone calls or emails, and he "handled me with care". That is exactly what I was looking for and JDTL delivered.

Long story short, I owed over $30,000 taxes, penalties and interested to the IRS. I was found to be "non-collectable" on greater than 90% of that amount. Now, I just have to follow through with each year as it comes and keep current on my taxes in the future. I can never express enough appreciation to JDavid Tax Law and their very capable staff! I got back my life!!

J. David Tax Law LLC response

Thank you for the kind words and the opportunity to serve you Vickie!

Original review: June 12, 2019

June 12, 2019

My name Pamela **. During the summer of 2018, I received several letters from the IRS for past debts. I have never denied my tax debt, put had been making monthly payments on my own. The IRS only sees your social security not the person behind the number. They didn’t know that I had gotten a divorce, had to move out my home, and lost a parent that had been sick for over a year. They don’t see or give educators more tax breaks for all that we do for students out of our pockets on a daily basis. So I found myself one day in August wondering how am I going to communicate with the IRS. You can never reach anyone on the phone, and you feel so helpless.

I went to Ask.com and searched for tax attorneys. I reviewed several online ratings and call J. David Tax Law and Associates. In this age where there are so many scams, I was leery of providing any information to someone over the phone, that I could not go to a local office, and have a face to face conversation with. From that initial phone call to where I am today J. David Tax Law and their associates have been extremely professional. They have called, emailed and kept me abreast of everything involved with my case. They made it affordable for me to retain their services, and it has been worth every dime. Thank you Michelle for not seeing me as a tax evader, but seeing me as an average American citizen, a mother, grandmother, veteran and an educator, with struggles that have been real.

J. David Tax Law LLC response

It was a pleasure to assist you Pamela! We appreciate the opportunity to serve you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J. David Tax Law?

Original review: March 29, 2020

100% Satisfied! Very professional, kept you informed every step of the way! Mario went above and beyond and took care of my tax issues! 100% recommended their service! Thank you! They work with you on payment plan which are realistic and affordable, they will go above and beyond and help you resolve your tax issues with little to no IRS payment.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Toni ** of J.David Tax Law worked with us non stop to get us where we needed to be on our taxes. Every time I called or emailed with a question she was on point. She even reached out to me to let me know what letter I would get and when to expect it from the IRS. Working with Toni and this law group really took a lot of stress off of my husband and I. This law group and Toni was a Godsend and I would highly recommend contacting them if you need help with the IRS.

J. David Tax Law LLC response

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you Ms. Howard!

Resolution response: Jan. 14, 2020

J David Tax Law helped me to get the IRS off my back. I am now making payments and have avoided a tax lien. The attorney took the time to meet with me in person and listen to my concerns. He was very patient and understanding. Thanks, J David Tax Law.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I am very dissatisfied with J David Law. I originally called for a consultation and was told that they would be able to help me reduce my tax debt and keep the IRS from filing a lien. The attorney that called me said the same. He didn't make that happen. I requested a meeting with my tax attorney and he already had an installment agreement ready for me to sign even though that is not what I wanted. He said he couldn't get the balance reduced. I was at least expecting to get the penalties and interest waived. The fee of $4650 I paid to J David Law was money I could have put towards my tax debt and I certainly could have negotiated the same deal with the IRS directly.

J. David Tax Law LLC response

After speaking with the client there was something that she believed to be factual that after I explained it to her, she realized she was mistaken about. The client now better understands her circumstances and we are moving forward with doing everything we can to exceed her expectations in the representation of her tax case. She is now satisfied with the status of her case.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

The IRS made me so scared, and intimidated me horribly. I then emailed J. David Tax Law. My anxiety was a 10. They were so nice and caring I immediately relaxed and in a few days.... It was all over and I didn't pay a dime to the IRS! Thanks for my life back!

J. David Tax Law LLC response

Julie, thank you for being a great client and the opportunity to serve you!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

J.David Tax Law LLC... they were very helpful in helping us resolve our tax debt to the IRS. I was very overwhelm as how quickly they addressed the problem. They are very good and keep you updated on what is taking place to help you. I highly recommend this law firm for anyone needing help on IRS tax problems.

J. David Tax Law LLC response

Gracielita, thank you for your kind words and the opportunity to serve you!

J. David Tax Law expert review by Andrew Poulos

J. David Tax Law dedicates itself to providing consumers workable and affordable solutions for tax issues.

• Services: J. David Tax Law provides tax solutions for IRS and state tax debts, unfiled returns, penalty abatements, IRS criminal investigations and audits.

• Accreditations: The company is an accredited tax relief firm.

• Enrolled agents: J. David Tax Law only employs certified tax attorneys. Two bar-certified lawyers manage the leadership team.

• Minimum debt required: $20,000

by Andrew Poulos Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

J. David Tax Law LLC Company Information