4.7/5 (150 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Marble Law

Marble is an online-first law firm that takes a virtual-first approach to working with attorneys. The company offers legal representation in multiple areas of law, including family law, employment law, immigration and tax relief. Marble charges a flat fee for services instead of an hourly fee, which lets you know exactly how much services will cost before you commit to working with the company, and it has flexible payment options. Each client is assigned a legal team of an attorney, a paralegal and a case manager. Marble currently operates in 17 U.S. states.

Pros

• Flat fees and upfront pricing
  • Assigns each client a legal team
  • Wide range of legal services
  • Flexible payment options

Cons

• Works mostly virtually
  • $49 consultation fee

Bottom Line

Marble provides legal services in 17 states. The company provides a complete legal team and offers upfront pricing, flat fees and the option to pay over time. The firm provides services in multiple areas, including family law, criminal defense and estate planning.

How does Marble work?

To start with Marble, visit its website, choose the service you need and answer a few questions to help the company determine your needs. Marble then schedules an initial consultation, which costs $49 dollars, to discuss your situation and possible options.

If you choose to proceed, Marble assigns you a legal team — an attorney, a paralegal and a case manager — to work with you throughout the entire case. Unlike many attorneys, the company charges per service, not per hour, so you know your costs upfront.

The company also has an app that lets you manage your case while on the go. In the app you can see the status of your case, submit documents, talk to your legal team, view your payment information and more.

Marble services

Marble’s attorneys are qualified to practice in multiple areas of law, including:

• Family law: Divorce, child custody and visitation and alimony and spousal support
  • Employment law: Discrimination, workplace harassment and wrongful termination
  • Criminal defenses: Drug and alcohol offenses, theft and vandalism
  • Traffic infringements: DUIs, DWIs and driving offenses
  • Immigration law: Citizenship, green cards and work visas or permits
  • Estate planning: Wills and trusts
  • Tax: Tax relief

You can visit the company’s website or contact Marble directly for a full list of services.

How much does Marble cost?

Marble’s costs vary based on the type of case. The company charges per service, not per hour, and provides the full price for services upfront with no hidden charges or fees. The price doesn’t change throughout your case, which means you can call Marble with any questions without worrying about being charged more.

Marble doesn’t offer free consultations, but it applies the $49 fee for your initial call to the total balance if you choose to proceed with the company’s representation.

Marble also offers flexible payment options — you can choose to pay for services upfront or over time. Marble doesn’t require an upfront retainer for legal services, which isn’t the case with many attorneys.

Marble FAQ

Where is Marble available?

Marble currently operates in 17 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Washington.

What qualifications do Marble’s attorneys have?

Lawyers who co-counsel with Marble have an average of 15 years of experience and meet the company’s standards for licensure and communication.

Do I have to pay upfront?

Marble has flexible payment options and lets you pay for services upfront or over time. The company does charge a $49 fee for an initial consultation, but this is applied to the total cost if you choose to proceed with your case.

Is Marble legit?

Marble is a legitimate law firm that offers a nontraditional way of working with an attorney. The company’s virtual-first approach reduces the hassle of contacting your attorney, and its transparent pricing and flat fees mean you know exactly how much its services cost upfront. We recommend Marble to anyone looking for a convenient, simple way of connecting with and working with an attorney.

Marble Law Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marble Law?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

"I live in Colorado and I contacted Marble Law Firm to help me with my Tax Case. I lost track of my taxes back in 2018 the IRS started to add up estimates for my business and the bills from the mail seemed to come in almost everyday. I felt lost and worried not understanding what the near future for me would be. My cousin showed me some advertisement for a law firm named Marble, I did not think I would need a lawyer for my situation at all. I just shot in the dark and hopped online, I was able to click my way to success on the website which is the only reason I actually gave them a try in the first place, they are super simple to use. I am grateful that I found them, their process was fast and excellent which helped me get the relief that I needed. Their team was very responsive, professional, experienced, and knowledgeable which is why I would recommend them to anyone looking for an excellent law firm in Colorado."

Hi Danel,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your tax case. We are happy to hear that we were able to help and that our process was fast and we were able to get you the relief you needed. We will be sure to share this feedback with your legal team. Thank you for choosing Marble Law!

Get buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

I was suggested Marble by a friend for an IRS claim. I've never worked with a Law firm completely based online before but Marble turned out to be the best choice for me. In the past working with other law firms has been very frustrating, especially when it comes down to payment and getting updates on my case!.. And I know I'm not alone on this. Not only did Marble give me the reassurance I needed in handling my case, but receiving updates on my case was so easy. My lawyer was extremely understanding and patient in answering all of my MANY questions. Plus, they offered me a flexible payment plan that fit into my budget. Overall, I’m very satisfied with my experience with Marble. They made the process easy and stress free and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for legal counsel.

Hi Lyanna,

Thanks for your feedback! Hearing your review makes us happy to know that we could make your first time law firm experience a great one! If we can be of any help in the future please don't hesitate to reach out.

Have a bless day!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

I recently worked with Marble Law on a divorce case and I wanted to share my experience. Going through a divorce is a stressful and emotional time, but the team at Marble really helped to make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible. One thing that really stood out to me was the level of professionalism and expertise of the attorneys at Marble Law. They were knowledgeable about the divorce process and provided valuable guidance and support throughout the case.

Their dedication to keeping me informed and involved in the process was also extremely helpful and encouraging. I always felt like they had my best interests at heart and were working hard to get the best possible outcome for me. I appreciated the transparency around legal fees and processes. Marble Law provided a clear breakdown of their fees upfront and kept me informed of any changes or developments throughout the case. This helped me feel more at ease and confident in their handling of my case.

Marble Law response

Hi Kay! We are happy to hear bout your great experience and we appreciate you sharing this with the community. We will be sure to share your kind words with your team. Thank you for choosing Marble Law!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

This is a very unique type of law firm, that doesn’t work like you’d expect it to. Instead of being a group of lawyers in one firm, you have a way to connect with all of the lawyers and law firms that Marble works with around the country. Another way that they differ from other firms is in that they charge you a fixed price upfront, instead of charging for every meeting and lawyer. This was a divorce case, which at first made me think to go with a more traditional way of finding a lawyer which, and thought that the better way was to go with a more personal firm, and assumed that the way Marble works will be less personal, but I was proved wrong by their great team and personal treatment by people like Kenya ** that helped with each and every problem that came up during this process.

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience. We love hearing stories like yours and are humbled to be in a position to help people like yourself navigate through unique situations. Wishing you the best!

The Marble Team

Marble.co

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I’ve recently had the pleasure of working with marble, and I was very impressed with their work and team. First of all I’d really like to thank Kenya for helping me sort out a problem that I’ve had with my payment for them, she was very kind and helpful. I reached out to Marble after being fired, imo not rightfully so, and I decided to sue. After a couple of calls with their offices, they’ve connected me to their lawyer, Elissa **, and he did all of the heavy lifting for this trial. On my second call with them, I was presented with the legal plan and the price, and the financing options, which is a more convenient way to work than paying for every trial date and meeting with the lawyer.

Hi Noah,

We can’t tell you how much we appreciate this review. We’re so glad to hear that you loved our process and working with your attorney. We’ll be sure to send your kind words their way. Thanks again for writing in! If you ever need anything else in the future, you can always find us at marble.co.

Warmly,

The Marble team

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

Last month I worked with Marble because I needed help getting visa for my family. I won't ever try and tell you how long and straining this process can be. I've brought my case to multiple lawyer the last few months and I always overcharged and like my case was being push aside. Thankfully, I was able to connect with a great lawyer through marble. Marble made the process super easy through their app and I was able to check on updates and fees on there. After I've been going at this for months, marble took half that time and was able to reunite me with my family.

Marble Law response

Hi Morgan, we are so happy to hear that we were able to get you reunited with your family. We appreciate the feedback you gave on our process and app. Thank you for choosing Marble Law!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

I am thankful for Marble Law Firm. After my car accident left me with a broken leg, I was lost and didn't know where to turn. Luckily, Marble Law Firm stepped in and helped guide me through the entire legal process. From start to finish, they were with me every step of the way and I am so appreciative of their help!

Hi Erica!

We are so happy to hear we were able to help you after you were in your car accident! We hope you have had a speedy recovery and thank you for choosing Marble Law!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

I was so overwhelmed and frustrated when my wife tried to take everything during the divorce settlement. I was lucky enough to find Marble Law Firm, a firm that understands the complexities of divorce law in Maryland. They were able to take control of the situation and protect my rights as well as secure a fair outcome for me. Thanks to them, I'm satisfied with how everything turned out and would recommend them to anyone going through a similar situation.

Hi Lawrence!

We are so happy to hear that we were able to help you with your divorce case. We appreciate the referrals and thank you for choosing Marble Law!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

Working with Marble Law Firm has been a great experience for me. They made the complex process of filing taxes and dealing with IRS claims much easier to understand. The online tracking system was particularly useful, as it allowed me to see the progress being made in real time. Literally it's better than the Dominoes tracker. Instead of pizza they deliver results and it was so relieving to visually see the process unfold. I love the way they do business and highly recommend them!

Marble Law response

Hi Amias! We are so happy to hear that you have had such a great experience working with Marble Law. Thank you for your kind feedback about how we show how your case is moving along. Thank you for choosing Marble Law!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

My wife and I decided to divorce. Being unfamiliar with the legal system I did searches on Google, Bing and so on to find an attorney using the phrases "family law attorney near me" and "family law attorney near Lorain County" etc. Marble Law always showed up at the top of the search so clicked and put my information in to be contacted.

The person who contacted me was very friendly and explained that they do things in phases, and that I could purchase an initial consultation for $49 that would be a credit to any legal fees if I choose to use Marble. No big deal it's customary to pay an upfront fee because people need compensation for their time. I spoke with an attorney, and it was understood that this would be an easy divorce since my ex and I were in agreement. Nothing was contested, there was no argument over property and there are no kids. He explained that a member of the finance group would contact me if I wanted to proceed with them, and it seemed like a good idea so I went with it.

When I spoke with finance, it was again explained that they do things in stages and don't bill by the hour but charge a flat rate. Since my case was clearly very easy it wouldn't take long. He then went on to explain that for the attorney services it would be $2000. I thought that was a little high because other attorneys were between $500-$1000 for a quick and easy divorce. But I chose to go this route because I haven't had to leave work to meet with a lawyer and the hearings would be done over Zoom. I thought the case would be wrapped up soon and it wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg. Wow, was I ever wrong?...

I received a discount of 10% for paying in full upfront, so after paying $1800 in Jan 5 the process was started. I received the first draft of the complaint and he spelled my exes name wrong. After informing him of the mistake he notified me to sign the last page of the complaint and he would make the correction prior to filing.

Jan 23 I receive an email from him saying to see the attached documents that were filed with the court. There was no attachment. Additionally in the email he stated I may need additional representation for pre-trials and preparation of the final separation agreement. That wording confused me because I thought he was my attorney and I've paid him in full.

Later that same day, the finance guy calls me back and explains that I need representation at a pre-trial conference and preparation of the final separation agreement. For those two services, Attorney David Thomas charges $2000 each and it would be an additional $4000 to complete my case. I was floored. It was then explained again that they do things in stages and I only paid for the "first stage". That little fact was NOT made clear to me at the time I paid the firm via card over the phone. I also learned at this time that David Thomas was NOT my attorney of record, that he was simply completing the paperwork for me and guiding me through the process. Additionally, my ex's name was still spelled wrong on the paperwork she was served.

Marble Law response

Hi Mike. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your experience. We are sorry to learn about the concerns you addressed and we will have our team reach out to speak with you and learn about the events that transpired. Thank you!

Marble Law Company Information