5.0/5 (6 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About BC Tax

BC Tax has helped thousands of clients across the country resolve their tax debt and get back on track with the IRS. It provides various tax services, including tax debt relief, tax planning, audit representation and more. BC Tax’s team features certified public accountants, enrolled agents and other tax professionals.

Pros

• Free consultation
  • Works with individuals and businesses
  • Available in all 50 states

Cons

• No prices published
  • In-person services only in Denver

Bottom Line

BC Tax employs a team of tax professionals to solve complicated tax problems for its clients. While its prices aren’t listed, the company offers a free consultation to analyze tax situations and discuss possible options.

What is BC Tax?

BC Tax offers a suite of tax services for individuals and small businesses in all 50 states. Instead of offering a one-size-fits-all solution, its tax professionals work to develop customized plans for each client.

BC Tax is accredited by the National Association of Tax Professionals, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the National Association of Enrolled Agents.

BC Tax services

BC Tax offers many tax services for its clients, including audit representation, payroll tax recovery, tax preparation and more. It develops a personalized plan for each client to help them resolve their tax problems.

• Tax preparation and planning services: BC Tax can help you with all your tax preparation and planning needs to ensure you only pay what you owe and get all the deductions you qualify for.
  • Unfiled tax returns: Whether you have a year of unfiled taxes or a decade’s worth of piled-up tax returns, BC Tax can help you file your taxes to get you caught up. Throughout the process, it’ll ensure you get every deduction possible, so you won’t pay a penny more than you need to.
  • Back taxes services: Sometimes, unpaid back taxes pile up and accumulate interest and penalties. BC Tax can help you get on a payment plan with the IRS to catch up on your taxes without breaking the bank. Depending on your situation, the company can also propose an offer in compromise or help you apply for noncollectible tax status.
  • Abatement of penalties: The IRS imposes strict penalties for late filing and paying of taxes. But in some cases, these penalties can be abated or removed entirely. BC Tax will work with you and the IRS to get your penalties abated so you can focus on getting caught up on your taxes without worrying about exorbitant fees.
  • Enforced collection action: If the IRS has taken aggressive collection action against you, such as wage garnishment or a bank levy, BC Tax can help you stop the action and negotiate a payment plan.
  • Appeal services: If you’ve been through the collections process and still can’t afford to pay your taxes, you may be able to appeal the decision. BC Tax can help you navigate the appeals process and negotiate with the IRS on your behalf.
  • Audit representation: Being audited by the IRS can be stressful. BC Tax will represent you during an audit and work with the IRS to resolve any issues.
  • Transcript protest representation: The IRS occasionally makes mistakes while processing tax returns. BC Tax can review your transcripts and communicate with the IRS on your behalf to resolve the problem.
  • Tax help for small businesses: From getting a new startup off the ground to helping prepare for retirement, BC Tax can help small businesses with all their tax needs. The company offers various services, including business tax planning, entity selection and more.
  • Trust fund recovery assistance: The IRS can hold you personally responsible if payroll taxes are not up to date. This is called a trust fund recovery penalty. BC Tax can help you resolve this type of debt and get on a payment plan.
  • Professional tax lien help: A tax lien is a legal claim the IRS can file against your property if you don't pay your taxes. If you have a tax lien, BC Tax can help you negotiate with the IRS to try to get it released.
  • Tax debt relief services: If you're struggling to pay money you owe to the IRS, BC Tax professionals can negotiate on your behalf to help you find the best solution for your situation.

How does BC Tax work?

BC Tax provides free consultations. You can initiate the process by calling the company or filling out a form on its website. After you’ve gone over your tax problem with a professional, they’ll help you understand your rights and explain possible options. Then, they’ll work with you to develop a solution to get things resolved.

If you decide to move forward with services, the company takes over communication with the IRS and other authorities on your behalf. The licensed enrolled agents have a working relationship with the IRS and are authorized to negotiate directly with the IRS.

BC Tax FAQ

How much does BC Tax cost?

BC Tax offers a free initial consultation. After you’ve had a chance to explain your tax problem, the tax specialist you’re speaking to will explain the costs of services. Since each client has unique needs, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all payment structure.

Does BC Tax offer any type of guarantee?

BC Tax offers a money-back guarantee if customers cancel within the first 15 days after signing an agreement. It’s best to ask about other guarantees during your initial consultation.

Do we recommend BC Tax?

BC Tax provides multiple options for tax planning, preparation and resolution services. If you have unfiled taxes, owe the IRS money or need help with an audit, BC Tax’s services can be helpful. The company also offers services for small businesses, including the initial entity setup and business tax planning. Having a licensed enrolled agent on your side can give you the best chance for a desirable outcome.

However, the company doesn't publicly list its prices, so you should fully understand the services presented and what they might cost before committing.

BC Tax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BC Tax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BC Tax?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

BC Tax has done everything that they said they were going to do. They've been very patient with me. They've gotten a couple of things done. They reach out to me on a frequent basis, check on how I'm doing and update me when they can. I've been working with this one person, Barbara, and she's very good. When something needs to get filed, she calls me and tells me to do it.

Get buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

We've had a great experience with BC Tax. It was a strange deal. Our tax attorney had failed to respond and got us in big time trouble. The IRS was putting a lien on us, and they were gonna force us to liquidate. Once they decide to move, they move very fast. I talked to the people of BC Tax, and I got a reasonably good feeling when we started out on the project. The guy that I originally talked to left the company. But a woman by the name of Jasmine took over it. She's done a wonderful job.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I was working with Paula first, but she retired, and Nicole took over. She told me who was taking over my case and the information. They gave me the contact. And I love BC Tax because they got good communication and good customer service there. They let their customers know what's going on, and they respond back quickly. And they work together as a team. I like that. They are very helpful and they will get the job done.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

BC Tax did an excellent job. Did a total research, and I gave it a try. I got connected with Jasmine. She has been nothing but motivated and helpful. We worked together through COVID. She always took the time. If there was something that I needed to be addressed immediately, she did that. She got up early to call the state because we were on time differences. And even with closing out, Jasmine told me that if I had any questions, I could always reach out and ask her. Didn’t limit me and she was very personable in a professional way. She went above and beyond.

Her assistants were excellent. It was Laura, and the new one was good too. If I couldn't reach her, because there has been times when we weren't on the same page when it came to our time differences, but if it was very urgent, I left her a voice mail or an email. She got back to me. If it was something important, it was within a 24-hour to 48-hour time frame. My taxes are paid. That's amazing.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

BC Tax reached out to me. I got a bunch of phone calls from different people when the tax lien went on. And after talking to them and other people, I went with them because they explained it to me the best. The rep was very professional and very good. BC Tax has been very helpful. I've been having this tax problem for a long time. I couldn't have fixed it without them.

BC Tax response

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Have a wonderful day!

-BC Tax Account Management Team

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Associate from this firm call me about my taxes. I told him about a another firm that took my money to get started with them. I never got anything done. This person help me get my money back from them. Wish I would have got them earlier. I trust them 100 percent. One of the best firms who would help me get my money from another firm.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

My experience with them was wonderful. They helped us get our past taxes done. The rep sent a email and she was communicating with my husband first and then I jumped in and we got it done. Working with them was life changing. I highly recommend them.

BC Tax response

Thank you for the kind words and we truly appreciate you taking the time to provide the feedback.

-BC Tax Account Management Team

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

BC Tax has been very good at helping me work through my issues or taxes. And Nicole who is the person that I work with has been very helpful. They have helped me get my patched things situated so that I can pay. I've been very pleased.

BC Tax response

I'm very glad to hear of your positive experience with us. I will make sure to share this review with the team you worked with. We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Have a great day!

BC Tax Company Information