Call toll free
4.63/5
Based on 47 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Attorneys Tax Relief, LLC is a National Tax Relief firm that has Tax Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, and Enrolled Agents on staff. We help taxpayers with filing taxes, reducing the amount owed to the IRS and State, release tax liens & levies, stop garnishments, and negotiate Resolutions such as Installment Agreements and Currently - Non-Collectible Status. The first step is conducting an Investigation into your tax case. The second step is doing a financial analysis to determine your ability to pay. Once we have completed the Investigation and financial analysis, we will then make recommendations to you on which resolution fits your situation the best. We counsel and advise you on all the available options, and answer all necessary questions about the process. We strive to make every person who contacts us compliant with the IRS and State governments, meaning all taxes are filed up-to-date, and strive to put each taxpayer in some type of Resolution.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

99 Attorney's Tax Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I signed up for Attorneys Tax Relief's debt relief service. The reps were very professional and they were able to reach a settlement which I was happy with. The entire process from the time I started until the time the debts were settled took about 18 months. I would recommend Attorney's Tax Relief.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I had a tax problem and when I heard a commercial on the radio on Attorney's Tax Relief, I tried their number and I talked with one of their secretaries a year before. And then, everything started happening in October when I got a chance to get enough money to pay them. I got a callback, and the secretary had me set up when I called back. It was a two-year period in between time when I talked with her first time.

I had gotten behind my taxes. My first wife died. She had been sick during the whole marriage, and I got caught up. I wasn’t paying all my taxes, trying to make sure her medical situation and my kids were alright. I was in a really bad rut. I really tried to pay them back. I couldn't get my wife to work, and I came off work on disability and I knew I couldn’t pay anything that way. Attorney's Tax did a great job for me.

it took a year for me to get done from the time I called back to have them start working, but they handled it really quick as far as I'm concerned. Last year, this time, I just came out on disability and started getting enough funds to start making the payment on my account to Attorney's Tax. This year, all I gotta do is send in $1,500 straight for IRS. I made my last payment to Attorney's Tax last week, so I feel relaxed. I'm a lot more calm and relaxed about my life now because it’s so much better. Stephanie and Ken, the guys over at Attorney's Tax, did a great job. I really appreciate them for being patient with me.

They handled me with utmost respect, talked me through it, and let me understood and helped me understand my situation and my rights. I felt really good and confident about that. If anything else transpire with my taxes, I will call back and try to get in touch with Stephanie and Ken. That’s how confident I feel they'll work. I'm recommending others to call Attorney's Tax. People need help like I did. They need to know somebody that can help them maybe sleep at night. For an average Joe like me, it worked.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I was off work and disabled so I got behind on my taxes. I looked on the internet, read reviews, and picked Attorney's Tax Relief. They did operating compromise for my federal taxes for a few years and got the tax debt reduced drastically. They did very well and helped me get out of a $20000 debt with the IRS. It was a nice change.

Attorney's Tax Relief was straightforward and transparent. They were very good at what they do and did exactly what they said they could do. Moreover, my tax attorney was a good guy and easy to work with. He was friendly, very thorough and answered any questions I had. I had to reduce the payment in the last few months to finish it up with them and there was no issue at all. They explained to my wife, there were no questions and they understood when folks had some issues. I would recommend Attorney's Tax Relief and I wouldn’t hesitate to call them for future help.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I had a tax problem, so I sought help from Attorney's Tax Relief. They were recommended by a friend of mine. He had to use them once and I looked them up online in Better Business Bureau. They had a good rating. It’s also always advertised on TV. My interactions with their rep were really good. If I had a question for them, I'd give her a ring and she would follow me up. It might take a day or two, but she would get back with me and she did a good job. I could understand what she was talking about and she explained everything in terms I understood, so I was pleased with it.

Attorney's Tax Relief got some options on my payment plan. But I had to give so much down. They sent an assessment of an X amount and ended up being quite a bit but it would get the problem solved quicker. I was able to borrow some money from different people to round out the money. I wanted to get it solved as quick as I could. We kept acting on it until we got so much paid to us, so I paid them the amount they asked for and they got on it. However, I was disappointed, especially about midway, about getting it solved though. It took a long time.

I also received a letter. They said, "we'll have 90 days" on answering and they sent a letter again and said, "we've just been really busy that I didn't even have a chance to look at it. It'll be 90 more days." It went longer with the IRS. They kept delaying it. And then finally, we wanted some more answers and they said they'd have answers in a few days. So Attorney's made an offer to IRS and I thought they were making a joke. I said IRS wouldn’t accept that. But they compromised and they accepted the offer. I was really amazed. Attorney's did a good job. Everyone I spoke to was very helpful and they tried to answer my questions. They got it resolved, it just took them a little longer than I thought it would be. The cost was high as well, but it saved me a lot of money and gave me a bit of relief about being hounded constantly. I'd recommend them.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I had not filed for taxes for years because of a problem I had with my ex-wife, so it kept snowballing and I had to seek help from Attorney's Tax Relief. I called the phone number and they wanted to know about what I owed and when I was behind. I said that the IRS was saying I owe them nearly half a million dollars. However, I don't make that kind of money to owe anybody that kind of money.

The people in their office were hard to get a hold of sometimes and it was because of the lack of continuity and I kept getting handed off from one attorney to another. That slowed the case down. It was one person overall that I dealt with then she handed me off to another attorney who did something and then stopped. Then I got handed off to another attorney and did something and he stopped. But, overall, it came out successful. The program is finished now and it worked okay. It took more than a year to complete it. Attorney's Tax Relief worked well with me on my payment plan. I paid them a flat rate and they took care of any tax liability out of that flat rate, and whatever was left over was theirs to keep. The cost was fair. It did not cost that much money. They cured the problem, and I would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Attorney's Tax Relief?

Original review: July 13, 2018

The IRS said I owed about $13,000 in debt because I claimed my kids. I needed it to be handled and Attorney's Tax Relief was gonna do it for me. And I just wanted them to settle for an offer that was at least a reasonable amount considering I gave my children's mother half of my income tax refund check every time for two years. Attorney's Tax needed a figure amount of how much I would be able to afford for the offer in compromise. So much of that goes to their fees included with the offer in compromise, and they're supposed to handle the payment once it has been accepted by the IRS. They’re supposed to handle the full payment. I've made payments in the thousands already because they’re supposed to end up handling the settled amount. They said my debt has been forgiven, and they have to handle the settled amount between the IRS and the attorneys. And I’ve already paid in full.

In the beginning, my case was handled around five times by some of their attorneys and it was a little rocky, but eventually, it got settled down with one guy, Ken. He was good with customer service. I also talked with Paul and Shannon, and they've been courteous and they helped me out, answered my questions, and handled and gave me paperwork I needed. Attorney's Tax did fine and working with them got me out of debt with the IRS and now I can file my taxes regularly and hopefully receive an income tax refund.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I had the pleasure of working directly with Frank ** of Attorney's Tax Relief. Throughout the entire process he was very informative, answered all of my questions promptly and was very confident that he could help me. I truly believe he put in a lot of work and went out of his way to turn my situation around. I am very thankful for his services. I highly recommend Frank and Attorney's Tax Relief to anyone with an IRS tax issue.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I had a tax situation so I was trying to find someone that would give me a decent deal to try to help me resolve my problem and I came across Attorney's Tax Relief. The representative there was nice. He seemed like he was concerned, really kept in contact with me and just stayed up to date with what stage I was in in the process. I just wanted to deal with a company that keeps me informed. I'm still dealing with them right now and everything is working out pretty well. They were able to resolve the actual issue. All that I'm doing now is finishing paying them. They put me on a payment plan and because I didn't file my 2017 taxes for this year, once Attorney's Tax Relief did the resolution, the IRS told me I needed to stay up to date on my taxes. So Attorney's Tax Relief is gonna file the 2017 taxes for me and that's it.

Their attorneys are respectable. Scott, the first guy I was dealing with, stayed for a little while but he ended up leaving but the next guy was nice too. There was one lady there who handles the paperwork part that I wasn't quite seeing eye to eye with. She was being a little belligerent. But the other guy resolved mine and the lady's issue. He showed me that they were professionals over there. Overall, Attorney's Tax Relief did a really good job. Working with them showed me everybody can get a second chance. Everybody makes mistakes and we could make better decisions. But as far as the government and the people that help, you gotta pay for it at the end of the day. There are some things that have been in place to help the American working class.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I was laid off and I had to dip into my severance check from the 401. It was tax heavily during my lay off because I didn’t have any funds and they were able to say that it was due to hardship when they looked at the years that it happened. The process with Attorney's Tax Relief took about two years and it was reasonable. The cost was also reasonable because there is a lot of paperwork.

And then in the interim, they did my taxes as well because we ran into a tax season after that while I was working with Attorney’s Tax Relief. All that was inclusive and that was good. It was automatically deducted out of my pay. Also, I appreciate the patience of Tim, the guy who I worked with. I also waited patiently and did what he requested and we were able to get a compromise from the IRS. Overall, the service was good. I would definitely refer Attorney’s Tax Relief but I will also let the others know it’s not a quick fix. They have to be diligent and do what was told.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I looked at a bunch of companies and read a lot of feedback about Attorney's Tax Relief from other customers. I gave them a call and spoke to Andrew, who was my first contact. And he was very friendly, helpful, and attentive in listening to what I had to say. I was impressed with his knowledge of exactly what I had as far as what the tax issue was.

I was absolutely comfortable working with Attorney's Tax Relief. Their service is quite impeccable and I'm really impressed with how comfortable they made me feel with how they handled everything. When people call in an extremely stressful situation, to have a company that puts them at ease and say they can handle it and everything's gonna be okay in the end, and everything is okay in the end, it makes a huge difference. Also, I'm a stickler and I want everything in writing, and they sent me things in writing. It was perfect and nothing was in a mumbo jumbo lawyer's stuff.

I had a good experience. It was longer than I would've expected but I think that it was my own perception. There are TV ads constantly on TV for the ultimate tax relief and they're always done in a jiffy. And people who go through this should know that they get into this mess over a period of time, so it's gonna take time to resolve it. They should be patient with and understand that it takes time to deal with it. Attorney's Tax had lifted an enormous stress from my life. And the cost was good. I would recommend them highly to anyone and I already did to a family member who has contacted them.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Attorney's Tax Relief helped me with my taxes. They are very good people. They put me on a payment plan and the process was great. They gave me a breakdown of the payment plan and asked me what I could afford. And at the time, I was making good money and I just stayed with it. Then I ran into all kinds of problems with jobs and they just worked with me. If I didn’t have the money, they would wait until I got the money. And if I got the money, I would pay early and there was never a problem. If I had a problem, they would explain it to me that way I could understand. I’m a truck driver and I don’t know anything about taxes. I may have had some situations, but they were there for me for almost a year. Attorney’s Tax Relief will help you the best way they can as long as you tell them the truth. You can’t lie to them and you can’t leave anything behind.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I've had good experience working with Frank. He explained the process thoroughly and made it easy for me to trust this firm with all my personal information. They help me clear a big amount I owed the IRS. All I can say is thank you relieving me from the all the stress. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I have thought long and hard of how I want to describe my experience with this firm and all I can say is Terrific! From the Attorneys, to Account Managers, and Specifically the Billing Department. Shannon, Nur, and Andrew were essential in getting my tax situation back in order. Communication and their willingness to be patient was unbelievably comforting to me. The moment each one of these folks went out of their way to help me, I knew I was in great hands and could rest easy that my tax problems would be fixed. Thank you Attorney's Tax Relief.

Original review: May 21, 2018

When I got a hold of Attorney's Tax Relief, I wasn’t sure about giving my information out about my credit card or my social security number. But they fixed everything that was a problem and I was very impressed with them. I just finished the program a few weeks ago. They sent me the letter, but a lot of it was hard for me to understand because I'm not really big on the computers. I also had a problem with the emails because their main computers are where they keep their files, and I did most of it on my phone. But I got through it and they pulled it off. I was really surprised with them.

My tax relief attorneys were mostly really nice, too. Initially, they told me what I would pay them a month and they took care of everything else. They did what they said they were gonna do. They got my taxes down, so I'm done with my taxes for what I owed and they got it to where I don't owe anything. So, that was perfect. However, I got aggravated when I would call and try to ask questions about something I might have gotten in the mail, and they'd say they would call me back but they didn't.

I finally left a good message on the phone and they got it. Jelani called me back, left me another good message herself, and from then on, things went smoothly. Still, they need to answer their phone a little better because communication went straight to their voicemail most of the time. And if I got something in the mail and I couldn't get a hold of them, I'd start to stress over it. All, in all, I know that Attorney's Tax Relief can fix my tax problems but I won't ever mess up with the IRS again. This year, I did my taxes correctly and everything worked out.

Original review: May 17, 2018

The IRS made me seek the help of Attorney's Tax Relief. I was going through who to call and I came across them. I thought maybe they would do something good for me. Their enrollment process was very easy. They told me what they needed for them to help me and I had a great interaction with my tax relief attorney, Jelani. I was most impressed that they were on top of the game and whatever I needed, they got right on it and had it done. They broke the payment process down as far as what I needed to do and that was what I went with by sending the payment or writing the check or money order. What they asked me to do, I did it. I'd seen their process and it was outstanding. Working with Attorney's Tax Relief made my life simpler and very easy. I have completed the program and everything they did was great. Attorney's Tax Relief is the best and I would refer my friends to them.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I was trying to get my taxes squared away where I didn't have to pay pay as much as I should. Attorney's Tax Relief was very good and their enrollment process was great. They worked with me every way they could until I got the money out and I had a great interaction with my tax relief attorney, Kim. He helped me and he handled everything. Attorney's Tax Relief worked with me on what I could afford to pay and set my payments up every month. And if we ever ran into a problem, we'd work it out. There was communication.

Attorney's Tax Relief has made me less lazy and I'm not as worried about having a big tax thing on my head now. I just finished up the process and the program has worked to make me take better care of my records, keep better taxes, and pay more taxes. I had a little problem last year, but we got it worked out. I've done three payments so far and gotta go through the next three years of paying my taxes on time. I could keep my returns if I get anything back and if I owe anything, I gotta pay it. Everything went good.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Attorney's Tax Relief had done me a good job. I was in a recovery program in Missouri and somebody suggested that I could use them. I then started talking with them and they took care of my business for me. It was easy on what I had to do during the enrollment. I had some more information I had to supply them and other tax returns that I thought I filed, but, apparently, something happened to them. It took about a year to get it done. But they helped me get it all straight. I talked to the tax relief attorney Ken, and they stayed in contact with me the whole time. I was more than satisfied. I paid them everything upfront. And no matter what I gave them, they made an offer compromise to the IRS and that was it.

When they told me I was done, I was happy because it had been going on for a long, long time. Getting all that debt I owed IRS off me was a big relief to me as far as the mental stress was concerned. I'm all settled, and as long as they pay me the $400 they said they were gonna pay to the IRS and be done, I’ll be happy. I already gave the number for Ken to a couple of people I know that needed some help. I recommended them.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I had back taxes and I heard Attorney’s Tax Relief advertised on the radio. I thought about it and gave them a call. The enrollment process was easy. I had to gather a lot of information like my life insurance policy and child support paperwork. When I first started with them, I was talking to this guy and he tried to mislead me. He had me thinking one thing was going one way, but it really wasn’t. And then Jewel took over then the account switched. She was good and she had the information that I needed. When I got forms that I already sent out, they had to send it back to me and I had to contact on that. So, in the end, I had no difficulty with them and everything got straightened out.

The payment plan was cool, although I got misled. The guy that I was dealing with in the beginning said they worked out a deal to $7000 from the amount I owed. He had told me that they had paid that and that I was paying the $7000 back. But when Jewel took over, I was told differently. I was questioning what it was all about. We were switching lawyers and they told me that I owed a certain amount and was paying another. I talked to one of the supervisors and he said that the money that I was paying was going towards the fee. But I didn’t understand that because that sounded crazy to me. In the end, paying back the $7000, they wanted me to pay additional $1800 and I didn’t understand how I was paying the $1800 because they were saying they wanted more money for the settlement but they never had an original price. How was I paying additional $1800 towards the price when they never had one?

I didn’t like that I never received any paperwork from them and I never had a price. Nonetheless, Attorney’s Tax Relief helped me out with seven years of back taxes. They just have to pay the rest of the tax money when the month comes up then it’s pretty much done. I would recommend them. They got the job done, although they just misinformed some and it was just the breakdown of communication.

Attorney's Tax Relief response

Attorneys Tax Relief, LLC is extremely happy with the results of this client's case. We were able to file 8 years of back taxes, which got client into compliance with the IRS, and were able to get his Offer in Compromise accepted by the IRS. Thank you!

Original review: April 8, 2018

I hadn't filed taxes in 25 years and in 2014, somebody tried to file on my income without realizing that I hadn’t paid any taxes. I sent Attorney's Tax Relief a $500 retainer and they went to work on my tax debt. Within a week they had all the garnishments, liens, and everything else from the IRS taken care of. They worked with them, offered a compromise, and settled it. Also, I'm an independent contractor and I drive my private vehicle. When I do it for work, I can deduct my mileage off of my expenses. But their accountant couldn’t do it. So, I had to go to H & R Block and have them do it the first year. I looked at what they did and it ain't that hard. So, this year, I did it myself. Other than that, my experience with Attorney's Tax Relief was very good. Now, I have to pay my taxes on time for the next five years and at the end of that thing, there'd be no more problem with it.

The first attorneys I talked to wanted $1,500 retainer, so, I sent them $1,500 retainer. Then I found out that they wanted another $2,000 retainer and $650 a month. But they did nothing. Compared to them, I was very happy with the lawyers at Attorney's Tax Relief. They took care of everything for me and I had no problems. Any time I got a question, I'd call them and they'd give me an answer. I was very comfortable working with them and now, I no longer have to worry about the IRS. It was a big load off of my mind. Attorney's Tax Relief's service cost me $12,000 and I'd like to get them totally paid off. They were worth every penny and I have no problem paying them because they did what they said they were going to do. I would also recommend them to anybody with a tax problem.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I needed some advice on how to pay back taxes. I saw a commercial for Attorney's Tax Relief and enrolled with them. They negotiated with the IRS, got terms to reduce my tax debt, and put me on a monthly payment. They also prepared my taxes for one year. Their program was awesome and their group was very responsive. I talked to Tenniecia, Ken and Paul. They were very clear about things and I wasn’t confused. They helped me to understand and kept me very much in the loop because sometimes it felt like the process was taking a longer time than I thought. Everything went really well and the whole process took almost two years. I'll be done paying for my tax debt here in two months, which is unbelievable. I couldn’t have done that on my own though I would have wanted to. Their service was worth it because I didn’t have to have a headache about my tax debt and they were able to negotiate for me.

The cost of their service was also pretty much the flat rate because I was paying them a monthly fee for their services. They billed my taxes with the IRS and added that bill to the one that I was paying them. It was very stressful to work with them because I didn't know things. But they were very certain that they could help me negotiate a lower tax debt rate payment. So when they finally finished it all, I was relieved.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I had back taxes due. I saw Attorney's Tax Relief on a billboard and signed up with them. Enrolling was easy and pretty hands off on my part. They just collected all the information and ran with it. All the people in their office were very friendly, professional, and liked to get things done. I was comfortable working with their team and they were always quick to get back to me if I had questions. They did a reduction in amount due and had payments set up for it. They bounced around some numbers in seeing what we could do to get it done, something that would satisfy the IRS. All in all, it seemed like a good deal to me, though they should give more information.

Attorney's Tax Relief response

Attorneys Tax Relief, LLC is extremely pleased with the results of this case. We were able to get an Offer in Compromise approved with the Internal Revenue Service saving the client thousands of dollars. Thank you!

Original review: April 5, 2018

I had a consolidating concern with income tax and when you’re dealing with the IRS, everything is slow, tedious, and time-consuming, and you've got to have an exceptional amount of patience. But I knew there’d be a relief for certain people that qualify under certain conditions, so I applied for a program with Attorney's Tax Relief. They were in Chicago which was a little closer than California and other places. Also, I spoke with a gentleman and he answered my questions. He was honest and he seemed concerned about the situation that I had. He was down to earth with me and I felt comfortable with him. For some of the people I talked to, I was just another client, but this rep was more personable.

I sent in the information and the paperwork, and they checked them out and recommended that I send in more paperwork. Then the gentleman put me with another young lady who was really nice and I had different interactions with her. I called her and sometimes, she couldn’t call back because she was busy. But she took all the time needed to answer questions and I felt comfortable with her as well. She was younger, and at first, I was wondering if she had the experience. Apparently, she did. I waited patiently and after all the evaluation, they told me what they could do for me.

Then Attorney's Tax Relief gave me a figure upfront that sounded heavy. I’ve heard of cheaper ones but they had to make money and I could understand that. They set me up on a payment plan that I could handle and I stayed with it. I’ve done everything they asked, I never missed a payment, and I never had any issues. I completed the program then everything got taken care of and I was happy with the way they handled things. When you first get into a situation, you get fear, you get so many questions, and you get more concerns when you’re a senior like me. I've got a lot of different things to think about and a whole different ballgame to look at. Also, tax relief is not for everybody. But I was more than satisfied with the service of Attorney's Tax Relief. I’m not getting in the same position again, but if somebody would ask me, I would say hands down that they are the people to go to. They're number one on my list.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Somebody filed my taxes wrong and I was in a hole because of what I owed. I heard about Attorney’s Tax Relief on the radio along with other companies, but they stood out to me that moment and I said to myself that it must be right, so I called them that day. The first day I agreed to them, I paid a $50 fee. Then we went through all the process and which plan I wanted to go for. We went through an Offer in Compromise deal where I was in a hole of $14,000 and I'd pay $4000, and IRS accepted the offer. Then they would take my taxes for the next two years which was fine.

I worked with Julie and she was patient, nice, and very understanding. She kept me good. The customer support and payment plan were good as well. Attorney’s Tax Relief didn't rush me. The program would’ve completed a little faster but I lost my job and fell off my payments. And although I wasn't able to make my payments anymore, they were really patient. Additionally, the cost was cheap. Being busy and always on the move, I didn't have time to call the IRS, so it felt good to give somebody a small fee and tell that person, "Take care of this for me while I go to work and go get my life, and just let me know what you come up with.” Attorney’s Tax Relief helped me out and it was convenient going with them.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I got tired of my income tax checks being taken from me so I decided to rectify that situation. I heard Attorney’s Tax Relief's commercial on a radio and I said, “Okay. Maybe they can help me.” Their attorneys were cool. They were professional in answering my questions and anytime I emailed them, they responded back in a timely manner. I've completed the program and IRS sent me a letter saying that I don’t have to do anything from this point on. IRS was going to take my next two tax returns and after that, I should be straight. I also have to make sure that I file my taxes on time for the next five years.

However, I was a little disappointed because I was hoping that after contacting Attorney’s Tax Relief, they would be able to wipe out the debt and I would be able to get some taxes back this year. I was also hoping that they would be able to do a review of all the tax returns I had for the last 10 years because I haven’t gotten a tax return since 2007 and my checks were taken. I was wondering if the IRS might have overcharged me and was hoping that this company would be able to catch that. I spoke to the guy who was the final person I interacted with to ask if they were able to do that and he told me that they don't go back into the files. In addition to that, Attorney’s Tax Relief fees were high.

But still, I’m grateful for their help. And with what I’ve gone through and their professionalism, I'd recommend them. I've also told people to contact them if they have a tax issue. There was one person, though, who I gave the information to and he was told that his debt was not high enough for Attorney’s Tax Relief 's services since it was also not high enough with the IRS to deal with.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Attorney's Tax Relief tried to work around my best interest to see how I can get my monthly card payments. They followed up on how the process was going and if everything was okay. They were consistently following up with me to just make sure that my money was not taken out on a monthly basis. They followed up every time there was something that needed to be done as far as paperwork. I completed the program which has been good for me. They were supposed to get back to me though because they said that they were going to look into my taxes to see if I was claiming the right dependency. Every year, I could probably get something back instead of owing. Still, Attorney's Tax Relief did a great job.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I was behind on a few years of taxes and I made the call to Attorney’s Tax Relief when I heard the advertisement on the radio. I reached out to see what kind of assistance they could provide for me at that time and Julie contacted me initially. She explained to me what they could do and what information they would need from me. She also asked me what I needed from them and what kind of situation I was in. And then after her, I worked with Ken and I appreciated the way he stayed in touch with me. The communication was great, he was very informative and let me know exactly where we were in the process, what was needed to get things completed and how soon I would need those documents or what other information he needed. He was awesome and whenever I needed to reach out, he got back to me as soon as possible. Sometimes, it was a day later or two days later because he may have been busy but I appreciate it.

Once we set up the payment arrangements, there was one time when I had some pressing obligations and I had to stop the payment for a few days so I gave them a call and they told me to just let them know when they can make the draw. My Offer in Compromise was accepted and as far as what I have paid, you can’t beat it. It’s a fraction of the cost of what I owed the IRS. I highly recommend them and I told two friends that they need to reach out and contact Attorney’s Tax Relief as soon as possible to see if they could help with their tax situation.

Original review: March 12, 2018

A friend of mine went through Attorney's Tax Relief and they handled her issue very well. I owed taxes, and they did my issues as well. They brought mine from 14 to 8, and I'm about to start making my payments. The people I worked with have been helping me a whole lot. At first, I was confused with the program. I talked to one guy, but he's no longer there. Then another person told me something different. I was told that half will come out from the money I paid to them. Then, I found out that wasn't how it worked. Dee explained to me how to the process was. There were mainly two of them. They only had me set up a payment plan and I don't have to pay it fully. I've been with them since last year and I've been waiting for them to finally come with the settlement. Working with them has impacted me a lot because I'm able to plan a whole lot out of my pocket right now.

Attorney's Tax Relief response

State of Virginia Tax Settlement: We are very happy with the results of this State of Virginia case. We were able to reduce this client's debt with the State of Virginia from owing $24,000 to only owing $8,000. Dealing with State taxing authorities is difficult, and we are pleased that we were able to help this client to the degree that we did. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

When I spoke to Attorney's Tax Relief, they answered questions honestly that I already knew the answers to. I wanted to see if they were honest and knew what they were talking about. They negotiated a compromise with IRS, and they never overpromised anything. They handled everything and explained thoroughly every time something came up where I needed to know about it. What they told me before I did anything was exactly the truth, as it turned out to be one unique case that was going to drag out. They ended up having to spend three years to close on things and it came out to be a pretty good deal for me.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Stephanie **, the Settlement Officer listened to all of my tax concerns. She handled my tax debt professionally, and I am very happy with the work Attorney's Tax Relief has done for me. If the IRS is harassing you, Attorney's Tax Relief is the first place you should turn for guidance and peace of mind.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Do not use this joke of a company. They only care about money and not taking care of their client. For around two years the only thing they did was screw up our taxes by improperly filing them and not informing us that they didn't file our back state taxes which has now run up a bill of around $22K, cost us thousands since they didn't properly file our taxes on the federal side as well. Then most recently, a BBB complaint was filed against this joke of a company. They responded to the BBB by saying that they would finish what they started and get us a settlement, so we dropped the complaint via a deal that was negotiated between the BBB, them, and us.

The owner tried using intimidation tactics against my wife which also helped to convince us to try to deal with them again in hopes of there being a positive outcome. A few month go by and we get an IRS agent at our door who later tells us that these scumbags dropped us (WITH NO COMMUNICATION TO US WHATSOEVER) and will no longer help us. I am looking for legal retaliation and a civil suit. These "lawyers" should be disbarred and prosecuted for this kind of abuse and unprofessionalism. If proof is necessary, we can relinquish all of our electronic communications between us and them as well as a few recorded conversations. These individuals DO NOT deserve to practice law.

Attorney's Tax Relief response

This client paid $400 for Attorneys Tax Relief, LLC to perform an Investigation into their tax case in January 2015. We performed the Investigation and determined that missing years of taxes needed to be filed. We filed their Federal and State tax returns for them at no charge. The clients then complained about our service at that time, and a full refund was issued for $400, which the clients received and deposited. Now, several months later, they filed this unwarranted complaint against Attorneys Tax Relief, LLC because an IRS Revenue Officer was assigned to their case. Thank you.

Attorney's Tax Relief expert review by Andrew Poulos

Attorney’s Tax Relief is based in Chicago and represents clients in all 50 states. They specialize in fighting for people who are facing problems with the IRS due to aggressive collections, an inability to make their monthly IRS payment, penalties and interest that are above and beyond what they can reasonably afford and/or who owe the IRS more than they can actually afford to pay.

• Legal help in all 50 states: Attorney’s Tax Relief is licensed with the Federal Tax Court, which means they can represent clients in any state, even though they are based in Chicago.

• Tax specialization: Attorney’s Tax Relief specializes in tax litigation, so they know the ins and outs of dealing with the IRS. Their areas of practice are tax fraud, taxation, criminal tax defense, IRS defense and offers in compromise.

• Free consultations: If you aren’t sure where to start with your tax litigation suit, call Attorney’s Tax Relief for a free consultation. You aren’t obligated to hire them after the consultation.

• Blog: Read Attorney’s Tax Relief blog for valuable information related to common tax challenges. The blog is updated regularly, so you can find up-to-date, relevant tax information there.

• Resources: Attorney’s Tax Relief website has a number of valuable resources available for free that can help anyone who is experiencing troubles with the IRS. Learn more about tax fraud, tax fraud defense, offers in compromise, levy releases and appeals.

• Best for: Attorney’s Tax Relief is best for individuals who need tax relief.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos

Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Attorney's Tax Relief questions and answers

What problem is Attorney's Tax Relief, LLC trying to solve?
We are trying to reduce individual's and business's tax debt owed to the IRS, and protect individuals and businesses from aggressive collection activity.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
We are actually getting settlements approved by the IRS. Most companies do not want to spend the time that it takes to get an Offer in Compromise accepted by the IRS. Our competition is trying to get clients into resolutions that require minimal effort, and do not review every client for an Offer in Compromise.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We can lower debt amounts owed to the IRS, we can stop wage garnishments, release bank levy's, file tax returns and make it to where taxpayers don't have to pay anything back to the IRS if they qualify.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about your company?
The biggest misconception is that we can actually reduce the amount of debt owed. Clients think it is too good to be true that we can actually reduce their debt by thousands of dollars. It is hard to gain client's trust because a lot of them have been scammed and do not want to get scammed again.
How does Attorney's Tax Relief measure success?
We measure success by the amount of settlements we have gotten accepted by the IRS and the happiness of our past clients with our service. When you are in the service industry it is important to do whatever it takes to make the client happy.
What are your company values?
Treat the client with respect and listen to the client so that we are accomplishing the client's goals. We want to do whatever it takes to help the client become compliant with the IRS. We represent the client as long as it takes to come to some type of resolution with the IRS.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Attorney's Tax Relief?
That we work extremely hard on each case, and we charge far less than any other firm. We often do work for free to move the case along because a lot of clients cannot pay the full fee. I have heard about other tax companies, and a client cannot even get representation unless they pay thousands of dollars up-front. We are one of the fairest tax companies in the market today.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
That it is a scam. There are so many companies that call taxpayers that owe debt claiming to be the IRS to get them to pay money over the phone. We are constantly battling people thinking that we are out to scam them. We are not one of those tax scam companies, and we do a great service for taxpayers.
What is the greatest obstacle Attorney's Tax Relief is currently trying to overcome?
The competition is great. There are huge players in the market that are doing millions per month in marketing. It is hard for a company like ours to reach clients that need help because we don't have the marketing budget other companies do.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
There is much more competition than there were years ago, and there are more scams out there that we have to overcome. The tax resolution industry will be around as long as the IRS is around; we are here to protect taxpayers and educate them on how to resolve their issues.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
We don't think it will change much. The regulation is already in place, and the IRS needs tax resolution companies because we generate revenue for the IRS.
How has your company grown or evolved?
We are much more skilled at getting Offers in Compromise approved by the IRS. The IRS has thrown every wrench at us and we continue to get settlements approved. We have seen every scenario possible and can evaluate your case in a few days.
How do you see Attorney's Tax Relief growing or evolving in the future?
We would like to keep the company the size it is now. We feel we are able to service clients properly and timely with our current infrastructure and do not want to stray from that business model.
Where do great ideas come from in your organization?
Everyone contributes to the evolution of the company. No idea is too small or too big.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
Before choosing a tax resolution firm be sure to do your research. You want to pick a reputable company that is fair with their fees who you know will get the job done. You should call at least two to three companies before deciding who to handle your tax case. Be sure that the company you pick lets you speak with an attorney on the phone. Most companies guard their attorneys and only allow you to speak with the sales representative.

Attorney's Tax Relief Company Information

Formerly Named:
1 N. LaSalle Street Suite 2015
Chicago
IL
attorneystaxrelief.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business