4.95/5
  • 1 star
Based on 76 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Larson Tax Relief’s team of licensed professionals can help deliver immediate tax relief to you or your business. With over 11 years of experience and award-winning customer service, they guarantee you’ll be satisfied with their service and care. Larson’s team resolves back tax issues for a wide variety of unique situations and clientele. Call today to see how they can help you.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

149 Larson Tax Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I have had a great experience with Larson Financial. Everyone I have talked to has been very nice and extremely helpful. I have been able to contact and ask questions whenever needed with quick and thorough responses. They were all a great full and were able to handle what I needed. Thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I am very pleased with the work Larson Tax Relief did on resolving my income tax issues. They presently an Offer in Compromise amount to the IRS for the huge amount I owed. Resolved in a timely manner. I highly recommend their services.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Larson did a fantastic job. Came to a more than agreeable resolution. Kept me informed. I am beyond happy with them. Jacob especially was helpful. The resolution agreed upon was better than I expected. I would recommend them to anyone. I have dealt with other companies and they were not professional.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Rich ** called and explained the process to me and then proceeded to communicate with three IRS. Within a few days of getting all the documentation from me he came back with a resolution. I appreciate the quickness with which the matter was resolved.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

All I can say is Wow!! This team is really good at what they do. We owed the state of MD $11,600 for state taxes for a time period that I didn't even live there. So I tried for months working with them directly with ZERO success. I made one call and talk to a manager and they set me up with Veronica and she was awesome. She got all of the info, explained the process and walked me through all of the steps.

Veronica was very professional but more important to me to was friendly and has a great sense of humor. And that hard dealing with any tax issues. Veronica was very good about communicating with me and took the time to explain everything to me. Im former Military and Law Enforcement so you know that Im very reluctant to use any of these services because of all of the scams that are out there. But I will tell you that Veronica and her team saved us over $11,200. We only paid $446 to the State of Maryland! What a huge saving. Thank you so much Veronica and your team. Y'all sure helped out this out Veteran and his family. God Bless!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Larson Tax Relief?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Excellent experience and money well spent towards resolving my outstanding tax debt issue. The experts at Larson have the knowledge and skills to deal with the IRS strategically. The results they achieved for me were nothing short of miraculous. Of my outstanding debt of over $100,000; I paid nothing.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

When I got in trouble with the IRS with back taxes I was being inundated with phone calls and letters from Tax Attorneys. For some reason, when the call came in from Larson Financial, I answered it. I normally don't answer unknown numbers. But I did and I am so glad that I did. The male voice on the line made me feel so comfortable and he had MR. MICHAEL ** to call me. After speaking with Mr. ** and his ASSISTANT AMANDA ** they informed me on what all I had to do. They helped me to get in a position so I could pay off my tax lien. I am so grateful to both of them. They were very professional in every correspondence. I would refer this firm and Michael ** and Amanda ** to do the job. Thanks again and Have A Blessed Day.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

There was no judgement only practical solutions offered and agreed to. Once a working agreement was completed, my attitude and anxiety about my situation completely changed. I really felt that I truly had an advocate who really understood my situation and provided me with several possibilities in resolving my obligation.

In the end, when all agreements were signed and delivered, I found it easier than going to an accountant to file taxes, even if the accountant was an Enrolled Agent. I am more than satisfied with my agreement with the IRS to take care of my obligation to the government. The team at Larson is extremely professional and friendly, I felt they actually cared about my situation and really wanted to help, instead of having to help by being under contract with me.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I was caught in a situation where the IRS filed a lien on my wages for a situation that I have been battling for six years. I was called randomly by Bo ** who made me feel that his organization could help me. He was confident, reassuring and willing to work with me. Since that first call his staff of Beth **, George ** and Theodore ** have presented strong defenses to the IRS claims. I feel very fortunate to have gotten the call from Bo, because so far his team has exceeded my expectations. I recommend them highly for any IRS work you may have.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Why try to deal with the IRS or state tax departments? Larson was always available via call or email. I expected to wait for days to hear back from Ted and his team. Larson saw that my budget needs fell into target. I was very surprised by the attention to my case. Great support!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

The experience with Tim, Chris, and Jennifer was perfect! During this process of helping me with my state tax problem, they always kept me informed. In less than a month, they solved my problem with the state and I received my refund. SUPER Professional!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

My wife and I were trying to buy a home but I hadn't filed my taxes for the last few years and I was facing having to pay back taxes and was worried about liens and wages garnishment. I found information about Larson online and gave them a call. They helped guide me to get my taxes filed correctly then worked with the IRS to get me into a repayment plan I could live with and keep me from having to worry about any liens or wages garnishments. Now I am paying off my debt in a way I can afford and I have peace of mind. The best part is their work helped me meet all the tax criteria so my wife and I could buy our home! I appreciate everything Larson did for me! They really are a friendly, honest and straightforward team of people.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Needing to file and set up payments on several years of federal and state tax returns I decided to go with Larson. I was put with an attorney, Michael ** and his assistant Amanda **. I was extremely nervous going into this but the two of them walked me through the process, worked with me to ensure everything I needed to do was done in a timely manner. In the end the resolution was 1000% better than I could have ever expected. I cannot being to praise these two people enough. They know what they are doing, they know how to effectively work with people and their communication skills are exemplary. Although I hope to never have to work with them again, if anything at all ever came up I would do so in a heartbeat. I would also recommend them both to anyone seeking help with a tax matter.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Larson was a blessing for my son and I. They always friendly and ready to help. They worked diligently with the IRS to help us. They have first hand experience and can be trusted to do what they say. I recommend them anytime.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

The team at Larson is absolutely amazing. They recently got the IRS to credit back 100% of the penalties they had charged my company. We were making monthly installment payments, now we get to stop and the IRS actually owes us a refund. The whole process was so simple, they did all the work and kept me in the loop the entire time. I cannot say enough good things about the Larson team, true professionals and very good at what they do. I highly recommend them!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I was audited by the IRS for back taxes that I owed. Emily at Larson Financial handled my case. She was always on top of every situation. She always encouraged me when the situation was stressful and always assured me that she and all her colleagues were handling my case with urgency and with top priority. She not only relieved the pressures on me but also made me feel like an important client. She resolved my problems of back taxes owed with priority. She was able to obtain an installment agreement that was affordable and reasonable to my current financial situation. Jennifer ** was also helpful and very professional. I would recommend Larson financial to friends and people who were in need! Thank you so much!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Larson was great to work with under the circumstances. Rich, our agent, was thorough and quick to return my calls or emails. He was clear on what paperwork I needed to collect for the tax officer, as well as, a clear due date. I would certainly recommend Larson Tax Relief to anyone needing tax assistance.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Yes using this firm was a great experience but really it comes down to the gentleman that did all the work for me Ted. I can't say enough about his professionalism And how organized he is. If I ever have problems again then he will be the gentleman I get a hold of that's for sure. I would like to thank Ted and his staff that works with him for a great job and I really appreciate everyone's hard work. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

In today's world with social media it is sometimes difficult to locate a good service provider no matter what the service. However, I knew after speaking with Lucas in March of this year, your Agency would be the one to assist us in our IRS tax dilemma (IRS Payments for 2016, 2015, and 2014). Since the first week of March I have been under the direction and guidance of Chris ** and Jennifer **. To which I must say, they have both been outstanding and caring in all elements of a client based professional service. All correspondence was timely and efficient, with clear objectives and instructions on what legal, financial, and medical information was needed from my end. I would strongly recommend your Agency to others, specifically based on the performance of Jennifer and Chris who I feel have performed their duties and responsibilities in an exemplary fashion. Thank you for your time and service in this matter.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

We are very pleased with the work that Chris ** did for us. Being under so much pressure from the IRS is not pleasant. Chris made us feel like he knew what was coming every step of the way. He kept us informed and kept the pressure off of us while taking our case up the ladder to the right person who could finally actually read and understand our case. We are finally free from IRS pressures and from being treated like criminals. Thank you Chris ** and Larson Financial.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Out of the scores of mailings and phone solicitations I received from tax relief companies, the low-key, helpful call I received from Brett at the Larson firm stood out and made my decision to go with Larson an easy one. I had received contradictory letters from different IRS offices and much of their content made no sense to me. Rich, my enrolled agent at Larson, quickly and productive took hold of the situation, called the responsible IRS reps, and negotiated an attractive monthly installment agreement for me. Every step of the way, Rich was knowledgeable, clear (and you have no idea how valuable clarity is when nothing but gobbledygook comes from the IRS) and available (it seemed) 18 hours a day. My IRS lien has now been withdrawn as a result of Rich's efforts. Hiring Larson Tax Relief is something I should have done years earlier.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Do you believe in miracles? Thanks to Richard ** and Larson Tax Relief I do! I ran my own Martial Arts business for about 13 years. I was subcontracted for my role as studio manager, and was also partial equity owner of the business. I spent a lot of money to buy equity from my partner and instructor, which prevented my ability to pay my income taxes. I figured once the equity was paid off, I would be making big money and I could catch up later. Well, that never happened. I figured out my partner was basically stealing money through fake expense accounts, and called him out. He immediately fired me and never repaid me.

The studio closed 2 years later, and I lost all of my six figure investment. To pile on, I owed six figures to the IRS for back income taxes. I took the last of the money I had at the time, and invested in Larson Tax Relief. I started with a representative in the firm that I didn't connect with, but in voicing my concerns to the head of the firm, she immediately reassigned my case to Richard **. Richard was immediately on top of things. He was compassionate, patient in understanding my difficult and complex situation. He was professional and on top of things from day one. Richard coached me on financial and career based decisions to ensure my new career path would not begin in a huge hole. I took all of his advice to heart followed his instructions to the "T."

It was a long and drawn out process, but in the end he was able to get my six figure tax debt, down to $500!!! Needless to say I was blown away this. With a brand new baby son, and a brand new career he had wiped the slate clean for a fresh new start. I cannot recommend Larson Tax Relief enough! Specifically Richard **! He is the man. My son and I are eternally grateful for this awesome man's efforts. I will always remember what you did for us! Thank you, thank you, thank you Larson and Richard **!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I just want to say what a great experience it has been with Larson Financial and in particular, George **. He was very professional and always was in touch. I am amazed with the final results and truly could not be happier! Highly recommend.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Tax problems with the IRS are one of the scariest scenarios imaginable for most people. Dealing with attorneys is also not something most people cherish either. My wife and I know this first hand. We've recently had to deal with facing an unexpected tax assessment which we were completely unable to cope with financially. To lay out our entire story here is not feasible but to oversimplify it, we were hit with an unexpected tax bill which, for personal reasons, we could not begin to pay; even by means of an IRS installment agreement. Confused, frightened and not knowing where to find professional help we turned to Larson Financial for guidance. To say we are glad we did is an immense understatement.

From the first contact forward we were treated genuinely like people in need. We dealt specifically with Mr. Larson and his associate, Richard **. They immediately understood our situation, put us at ease and made it clear they would do everything in their power to help. Their calm, caring and professional attitude gave us immediate assurance we were in the right hands. And so we were! They took our case at once – no long delays – and in a very short time a solution was at hand. The outcome was far better than we could ever have expected (feared). And, of equal importance to my wife and I, we never once were treated like tax-dodgers, 'flakes' or criminals.

The five stars accompanying this review doesn't come close to expressing our gratitude and respect to those wonderful folks at Larson Financial. Anyone reading this review thinking of going anywhere other than Larson for help is immediately looking in the wrong direction. Please, take our advice. Come to Larson Financial if you have any kind of tax problem – large or small – There's really nowhere else to look!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Well, I am impressed. Larson Tax came through and solved my ordeal. I appreciate how available and prompt the representative was with all my needs. It has been my experience that lawyers take excessively long to respond, if they do at all. My rep did the opposite. He was always prompt to respond to my inquiries, and always initiated that I contact him with any further questions, no matter how trivial. I am very happy with the results. Saved me over 10,000 dollars. Thank you Ted for a wonderful experience and great results!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Always helpful and will work to support their clients. Return calls and emails in a timely manner. Will answer any questions you may have no matter how small and how silly. Will recommend others to this agency as they work on behalf of the client to get them positive results.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I came to Larson with a large debt owed to the IRS that was accrued due to unusual circumstances. Michael ** and Amanda ** were able to ease my stress by stepping in and handling everything for me. In the end, they were able to work out a solution with the IRS that gave me peace of mind. I would highly recommend Larson to anyone that finds themselves in a similar situation.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! If I can remember correctly, back in 2012 I think it was when I first contacted your company for assistant with my tax nightmare. While I am writing this, I was trying to remember the gentlemen name who help me. I do remember Lisa **. and George **., both of them are true professional. Thanks so much George for taking this matter to complete. Thanks a Million...

Original review: July 26, 2017

Lucas provided a great overview and set expectations that were accurate in the end. George ** was outstanding as he coordinated this settlement with the IRS for us. Communications and response times were excellent. George kept us informed throughout each step of the process and explained the nuances of a tax settlement process in a highly effective manner. I would recommend Larson Financial and George ** to anyone who required assistance in negotiating a tax settlement with the IRS.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I had inherited a number of stocks and mutual bonds that I cashed in and thought I had included the necessary information on my tax returns. Turned out I hadn't and the IRS sent me a letter claiming I owed A LOT more. Larson did the research and was able to show that the IRS had calculated my gains based on incomplete information. Once that was corrected my outstanding balance to the IRS was reduced to nothing. Can't ask for better than that. Jacob and Lucas were very responsive and always returned my calls or text messages promptly. The whole issue was cleared up in about 2 months and most of that was waiting for the IRS to review the information submitted. Lucas called me weekly to update me which was much appreciated.

Larson Tax Relief questions and answers

What problem is Larson Tax Relief trying to solve?
Businesses and Individuals who owe back taxes to IRS and state taxing authorities are facing the daunting task of getting a solution that actually works for them. We work diligently to alleviate the financial and emotional pressures that come with these debts while providing the expertise and personal guidance needed to arrive at a resolution that fits their unique situation.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
Our competitors commonly boast that years of experience in dealing with the IRS is their prized attribute, making them experts at negotiating with the government. While Larson Tax Relief’s senior employees have 100+ years of combined experience in dealing with the IRS and state, we focus on other factors that play an equally important role in delivering a great result for our clients. First, is a focus on customer service centered around interacting with and educating our clients. Second is ensuring our employees are equipped mentally and emotionally to execute the tasks needed to provide a favorable result for our customers. By design, our corporate culture fosters happy, informed employees. Happy and well-informed employees deliver a better work product, period. Third, we place a heavy emphasis on growing and maintaining high moral and ethical standards in customer interaction and employee conduct, including advertising. Fourth, is licensing. Every client that hires our firm has a licensed Attorney or IRS Enrolled Agent working on their file, and communicating directly with them. We also provide federally licensed tax consultants for our prospective customers to speak with about their tax situation prior to hiring our firm. We are aware of only 1 other competing firm that upholds these standards.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our services provide much-needed guidance and comfort to our customers, while our expertise in this area of practice provides the ability to navigate complex state and federal tax laws, policies and procedures. We are able to execute better resolutions than our competitors due to a very high level of involvement with our clients. Sizeable tax debts don’t show up overnight, and they can’t usually be fixed overnight either. When Larson employees focus on communication and collaboration with our clients, we are empowered to provide a result that is truly tailored to the customers’ needs and unique variables. Most of our competitors sell a “cookie-cutter” product, follow the same steps for every customer, and refer to their customers by their client ID number. We don’t number our clients, as Larson Tax Relief isn’t in the cattle business. Our clients have names, and we follow varying steps and procedures for each one in a commitment to achieve the unique resolution they need.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about Larson Tax Relief?
The primary misconception consumers have about our firm is that the client themselves, or their local CPA will get the same result that we would. Customers commonly believe that we can’t do anything that they can’t, even in the face of over 30,000 pages of tax law and policy in the Internal Revenue Manual and Internal Revenue Code. IRS and State revenue officers are trained to be much nicer than they were in the past. By design, this gives the would-be customer the illusion that they are working with somebody who has their best interest at hand or is “on their side.” Often, the government employee provided to the taxpayer occupies a role that does not give them the authority to honor appeals or terms needed by the taxpayer. Taking guidance from a revenue agent, who has a job to collect the money as fast as they can, is often a treacherous path resulting in levied bank accounts and seized assets.
What are your company values?
The Larson Tax Relief Mission Statement is that the company exists to provide its clients with the finest quality work and customer service in the tax resolution industry, delivered by a knowledgeable, compassionate, honest team of professionals.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
We wish that potential customer of ours knew that every single client is extremely important to both our organization and our employees. Our full effort and expertise are exerted on every case-file. The person or company that owes $10,000 to the IRS receives the same treatment, effort and expert help as the client who owes $2 million in back taxes. We have every licensed tax professional work on both large and small dollar-amount cases, as a favorable result is equally important to clients in both situations!
Has Larson Tax Relief received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
The company won the 2014 BBB Torch Award for Customer Service and was runner-up for the 2014 and 2015 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Trust & Ethics. The company has also been mentioned in The Denver Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, The Denver Post Top 100 Workplaces, the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 50 Family Owned Companies and the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 250 Privately Owned Companies for multiple years.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The most common misconceptions consumers have about our industry are that the IRS will negotiate or “bargain” with a taxpayer, similar to what you might see at a flea market or garage sale, that all tax negotiation firms are created equal and that it is common for the IRS to settle for ‘pennies on the dollar’ on back tax debt.
What is the greatest obstacle Larson Tax Relief is currently trying to overcome?
Market saturation and sub-par work product from our competitors is the primary obstacle our company faces every day. Being lumped into a group with all of the other competitors in the “tax resolution industry” is not necessarily a good thing for our firm. Many consumers believe that tax resolution companies are just a scam, and they are partially correct. Our company, at last count, has 270 “competitors” nationwide that claim to do what we do. We estimate that fewer than 10 of these firms have the ethical standards, business model and expertise to deliver results that are equal to Larson Tax Relief. This number does not include individual CPAs and Attorneys who are often hired to fix back tax problems, regardless of the fact that most of them have very limited experience negotiating with government taxing authorities. We gain first-hand knowledge of the terrible work product provided by most competitors when we are hired to sort through and clean up the mess they had created for their client prior to hiring Larson Tax Relief. Often we find that they client was indeed ‘scammed.’
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have seen the arrival of hundreds of new “competitors” that are increasingly less qualified, yet make even bigger promises of massive reductions in tax debt. Wild claims about “new government programs” and false promises pound TV and radio airwaves and other media outlets every day. Each month we hear of a dozen new companies that are starting up in our industry, and another dozen who are going out of business. Below, in our advice section, you will find that we advise that consumers looking for help research how long a company has been in business. This is why.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
We hope that the federal government will pass legislation and regulations that will mandate and require licensing in order to provide tax advice, opinions or claims pertaining to the results of any back tax resolution. Should licensing be required, it would save thousands of consumers the financial and emotional heartache while falling victim to false claims and poor work product. A sub-par performance by a tax company often places the consumer in more trouble than they were in prior to hiring. Without any new federal regulations being passed, we fear that the industry will continue to be saturated by predatory companies headed up by under-qualified, unethical people making unsubstantiated claims while delivering little to no results to their customers. The government could actually help the consumer by passing some more stringent regulations that limit exactly who is allowed to give tax advice, and what they are allowed to say. Our licensed professionals are currently regulated in this manner, however, those at other firms who are not licensed can say just about anything without facing any consequences. For the consumers’ sake, we hope this changes.
How has Larson Tax Relief grown or evolved?
Because of our reputation and great case results, our company has grown from three employees to over 80 in our 11 years in business. Larson Tax Relief focuses on keeping company growth in proportion with our number of clients, leaving no customer under-served. Beyond employee and client numbers increasing over the years, our firm has evolved in every area possible, from internal customer service requirements to our thriving corporate culture. The healthy growth of our progressive work environment and culture has been facilitated greatly by ownership providing positive psychology training as well as a third party executive coach who is available to all staff members. We have found that positive, effective and clear communication with clients and between employees is the key to achieving the stellar results and customer experience we pride ourselves on delivering.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
We advise that any client seeking help with a back tax issue looks for the best help out there. Better help doesn’t mean that it is more expensive. Quite often, the least qualified firms quote the highest fees. It is advisable that any consumer looking for help should do at least 15 minutes of research on any firm they are considering. This sounds like a small amount of time, but a lot can be found out in a short amount of time. The difference between “adequate” and “great” help will have a substantial affect on your end result, and will likely affect the next 2-10 a customer’s personal life, even if the tax issue stems from a business. We encourage all consumers looking for help to perform some research that will provide information about a tax company’s number of years in business, licensed employees (will you ever talk to one?), customer reviews, and client references. If a company can provide very few positive reviews or references, and has been in business only a few years, we advise you move on and keep looking! There is great tax help out there, and it isn’t hard to find if you know what you are looking for.

Larson Tax Relief Company Information