Call toll free
4.97/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Larson Tax Relief’s team of licensed professionals can help deliver immediate tax relief to you or your business. With over 11 years of experience and award-winning customer service, they guarantee you’ll be satisfied with their service and care. Larson’s team resolves back tax issues for a wide variety of unique situations and clientele. Call today to see how they can help you.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

227 Larson Tax Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

If you're reading this review, you're doing it for a reason. You need help. I selected Larson based on reviews I had read and I'm glad I did. The documentation and forms and reporting that accompany any interaction with the IRS are overwhelming. Larson holds your hand through the process. They relive the stress of not knowing what to do because THEY know what to do. Relative to my ultimate exposure, it is money well spent.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

We had a great experience with Larson Financial. We worked with several of their staff members and all of them were very professional and treated us as individuals, not just a number. They did not judge us based on our circumstances. They listened and reassured us that if we followed the instructions given that they would be able to help us communicate with the IRS about our situation in a quick and fairly simple manner with a favorable outcome. While in our case the debt was not able to be relieved, They were able to settle with an uncollectable status that met both our need and calmed the situation with the IRS. I would highly recommend Larson's if you are in need of help with a debt owed to the IRS.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Worked with Leona and her assistant Betty. I can't say enough about both of them. Professional, understanding and friendly through the entire process. I would never even consider any other company. They are without question the BEST!!! Thank you Leona, Betty and Larson Financial.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My experience with Larson Tax Relief has been a huge blessing to me. I was blessed to have my case assigned to a wonderful man, Ted **. Mr. ** went above and beyond anything I could have expected to bring my case to a resolution that was favorable to me. Mine was a difficult case, with an IRS agent who was determined to not budge or cooperate with me or Mr. **, but Mr. ** never gave up. All throughout the process of resolution, Mr. ** and his assistant were encouraging and positive, even when my situation didn't seem positive. Mr. ** always took time to keep me updated and genuinely cared about what happened to me. He fought on my behalf and I am forever grateful. I would highly recommend this firm, and especially Mr. **, to anyone who needs help resolving any tax issue. In this world we live in, Mr. ** is a rare treasure to find!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I came to Larson Financial with tax challenges and really didn't know what to expect as I had bad experiences in the past with tax resolution companies. Most companies over promise and under deliver but not Larson. Michael and his staff have very friendly and professional service and are always available to answer questions and concerns. I would recommend them highly to anyone needing tax issues resolved.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Larson Tax Relief?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Richard ** and Larson Financial are timely in responses to requests and issues they come across. I have used their services several times and have been very satisfied with the results provided. Larson Financial does a great job in servicing their customers' needs.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

A little slow, at times, but they give excellent advice, and provide tremendous results. They helped dig me out of a really deep, bad hole, and I couldn't be happier. They are legitimate, competent, and helpful. HIGHLY recommended! These guys are good!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Outstanding communication. Helped with the various forms and requirements. Explained very step in layman terms. Always available or if voice mail left, get a call back immediately. Called and emailed me on weekends - even Sundays on his day off to tell me critical information. Highly recommended. I would not want anyone else representing me. He took my anxiety level from a 10+ to a more manageable level. Very clear in what he needed in documentation and always explained the next steps in the process so I was never surprised. Rate a 10 out of a 10.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

John **, Whitney ** and team helped me to setup a six year monthly payment plan with the IRS for income taxes I made mistakes on filing personally. John explains everything on the phone clearly and is a great leader and teacher. Whitney was always explaining in emails and excellent communication and customer service! **. Thank you so much for educating me and I’ve gained life experience in a positive direction. I’d recommend your firm to everyone who needs tax relief and consultation.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

From my experience and in my opinion, there is not a single negative thing I can think to say about this company. On the plus side: Total competence, from everyone I had dealings with. PLUS! Kindness, cheerfulness, willingness to go the last mile, and a completely nonjudgemental attitude. If everyone: Leona **, Betty **, Sean **, and the lovely girl who answers their phone, are any example of the quality of people they hire... Believe me, you will be in excellent hands no matter who handles your case. Do choose this company, you will absolutely not regret it!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I would highly recommend Larson Financial for all your tax resolution needs. Leona and her team have provided exceptional customer service. They have been extremely professional, caring and treat you as if you are their only client. As a result of their hard work and professionalism, Leona and team has saved me thousands of dollars. Leona has gone above and beyond what I could have ever expected.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I had the honor of working with Rich. He was there for me after hours and on the weekend. His hard work saved my company. He was able to answer all of my questions and point me in the right direction to assure all the information I was providing him was accurate. If I hear anyone say they are looking for help to IRS I tell them to give Rich a call. I cannot thank Rich enough, he gave me my peace of mind back. I can once again focus on taking care of my customers for many years to come.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I cannot say enough good things about Larson Financial, Steve ** and the entire staff. They worked diligently and thoroughly on my case. The IRS can be very daunting to deal with and trying to handle my affairs myself would have been impossible. The people at Larson have taken what has been one of the darkest times of my life and have helped me understand severe financial difficulties do not have to mean "end of life as we know it." Though things are still difficult they are not insurmountable. I would not hesitate to recommend Larson Financial to anyone and I know that if I ever found myself with an IRS issue in the future they would be the first people I would call.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Michael ** and Nathan ** has been working on defending my tax issues for a very long time and have been keeping the tax authorities at bay in every way possible. Last week, a very large IRS tax levy hit two of my business accounts and through diligence, finesse and ingenuity, Michael was able to fully reverse both tax levies. His efforts have made the difference between staying in business and having to close my law practice of 18 years. He saved the jobs of my staff and my license to practice in the process. I cannot possible say enough to express my gratitude. I truly appreciative Michael and the whole Larson team. I have other companies try to take my business away all the time and I tell them to stop calling me and that I have my tax issues thoroughly covered. Thanks again Michael. You are a tax issue wizard in my opinion.

Original review: July 30, 2018

My name is Lorena ** and I have had the experience with Larson financial to take care of an old tax debt that was over 20 years old. I found the team at Larson Financial Randi ** and her assistant Megan Are very knowledgeable, professional, always reaching out and updating me every step of the way. I have to say with great pleasure I would recommend them to anyone who is going through a very stressful time dealing with issues that are the most uncomfortable and frightening. I can’t thank Larson Financial enough for resolving my case with the efficiency and professionalism that we would only hope to gain from a company. Thank you again. I’m very grateful.

Original review: July 24, 2018

MY name is Kijuan, and My experience with Larson tax relief was simply OUTSTANDING! I owed the irs over 60,000 dollars and was worried and unsure of who to turn to, until I contacted Larson. With so many different tax solution companies making unrealistic promises it was hard to know who to trust. From beginning to end the staff at Larson were so professional and realistic and explaining the ways that they could help me in my tax situation. MY tax attorney Steve really comforted me in my time of worry and always answered my calls and emails promptly if I had and questions. I REALLY recommend Larson Tax relief for anyone serious about resolving there tax situation.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I found Larson Financial via google after receiving numerous letters from the IRS. Needless to say I was very skeptical when calling because you hear of so many scams pertaining to tax relief companies. I was at my wits end, stressed, worried and losing sleep over my tax issues. I did try to call and deal with an IRS collections agent myself, but that was of no help or benefit and instead of comforting, caused me even more stress. They were on the verge of garnishing my wages at any moment.

I nervously called Larson Financial and spoke to Lucas. I explained the numerous issues I was having and stressed the fact that I live paycheck to paycheck and could not afford to spend money I didn't have if there was nothing they could do for me. He assured me they could help and even allowed me to split their fee and set up payments as to when I could afford them. I was emailed multiple links in order to verify they were a legitimate company, and was also sent phone numbers of previous clients that I could call and ask questions (And I did call and speak with two of them). They have a refund policy that made me feel a bit more reassured as well.

From the beginning, as soon as I returned the signed paperwork, they were very fast and efficient in explaining what they were doing and what I should expect. Their team kept in constant communication and any questions I had, had no problems getting anyone on the line for advice, or answers. They were able to get a payment arrangement accepted by the IRS that I could afford and was VERY happy with. I owed more than $57,000 and after contacting collections myself, they were trying to make me pay in excess of $1600.00 per month. Larson negotiated a payment of $248.00 monthly after reviewing my financials and getting in touch with collections. All of this within a time frame of 2 months. I would highly recommend them to anyone having tax problems.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Leona ** and her team have given me exceptional service over the last four years dealing with my IRS tax issues. She has faithfully represented my interests with the IRS, negotiating a huge reduction in my tax liabilities and setting me up in a manageable repayment program. Ms. ** and her team have also been very responsive to my requests and questions, giving me timely answers that not only cleared things up for me but also reduced my anxiety with regards to the IRS. Finally, the billing for Larson's services has been fair and flexible. Thank you so much! Without you, I most likely would have lost my house!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have never heard of a money back guarantee with an attorney. They tried very hard to help but were unable to. Our situation was normal or I feel they would have succeeded. They 100% refunded the retainer. Unheard of!!! You have nothing to lose.

Original review: July 10, 2018

For all of the period of taking care of my situation I was in touch with only 1 person (Galen) - that helps a lot. He allows you to talk, he listens. That helps a lot. He follows all of the conclusions that been reached at the end on the conversation. He follows the promises. He understands your dire straits that you might be in. He will not pressurize you with immediate payment and will be more focused on achieving best results for you - to help and protect you. All those qualities are very valuable among people and in any kind of business. My experience with Larson Tax relief is based on contact with Galen. And he represented excellent face of this company. Thank you very much! Without any doubts recommending this company to anyone who might have trouble with Revenue office - you can trust Larson!

Original review: July 4, 2018

Larson Tax Relief charges very reasonable rates for true professional service. My account manager was patient to thoroughly learn all the details of my tax situation, which is rather complex. They arranged the settlement I needed from the IRS and took time to educate me on future proceedings. Every staff member I spoke with was professional and personable.

Original review: June 29, 2018

While reviewing many solicitations received for assistance with tax liens. Larson Financial appeared and I spoke with a gentleman named Bo **. He was polite and patient, but direct and was able to address many of my immediate concerns/questions. John ** was the Attorney assigned to our case, him and his team worked diligently toward achieving as much tax relief as possible for our organization and throughout the process unbeknownst to them, assisted us in becoming more intentional as an organization and improve our internal processes, including communication strategies. Throughout the process John ** and Nicole ** were professional, courteous, efficient, highly cooperative and patient with our organization as we navigated a challenging period. We are eternally grateful for their expertise.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I just want to say for All Your Tax needs!!! Please consider Larson Tax Relief!!! They are the Best!!! Betty and Leona are very professional and make sure you understand the process. Know Larson Tax Relief I appreciate you very much!~ Thank You So Much For Getting my payment arrangement so low!!!

Original review: June 28, 2018

After failing to file my taxes for a number of years, I was sent very intimidating letters from the IRS. I researched quality tax assistance via Tom Martino's referral list, Larson is on that list. After talking to them and meeting with them I know why they are on the list. They helped me get my situation under control, they dealt with the IRS, they got me on a workable payment plan and helped reduce some of the penalties I had acquired over the years of not filing. If you have issues with the IRS, please contact Larson and let real professionals help you solve the problem.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I was referred to Emily thru a family member. I was uncertain how things were going to turn out for me. Emily has guided me thru with process with kindness, understanding and professionalism. I have not been the easiest client to work with, but Emily has so much patience and understanding that she was able to walk me thru the process and helped to educate me along the way. I can't say enough about how grateful I am to have had her working for me with resolving my issues with the IRS. Thank you so much Emily.

Original review: June 5, 2018

My experience was enjoyable and seamless working with the Larson Financial firm. Randi **, E.A. Senior Associate, kept consistent, open, and clear communication regarding my account. Randi also broke down information in a simplified manner that made understanding the process with the IRS much more comfortable moving forward. I was asked to keep the case open should any issues arise with the IRS, but I decided to decline, should any concerns come about I would happily return to Larson Financial. Thank you for your time and efforts, I was delighted with the outcome and would recommend a friend or family member in the future.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I was at a loss of how to handle the lien, and Larson Financial, Ted **, and Rebecca **, handled EVERYTHING! I am VERY satisfied with the result. They stayed in contact with me all along the way, informing me of their progress. Great job!

Original review: May 23, 2018

Great job helping me receive my offer in compromise acceptance. I would and have recommended your services to anyone needing tax representation. The process has been a challenge and I would not have wanted to try to handle this without your assistance. Thanks again!

Original review: May 13, 2018

Ted has truly and sincerely cared about me and my financial status. He has on numerous occasions investigated other tax alternatives to remedy my tax situation. He returns phone calls, emails and never dismisses my ideas or questions. I have trusted him wholeheartedly and would recommend his services to anyone.

Original review: May 10, 2018

It was very stressful trying to get information that Larson Financial was needing as my past accountant was not very helpful. There were times I felt I needed to get feedback from Larson Financial sooner by email. There would be 2 case managers working on this and I felt I was emailing the wrong one. Larson Financial was able to get a reasonable payment plan.

Larson Tax Relief expert review by Andrew Poulos

Founded in 2005, Larson Tax Relief represents clients in all 50 states. They specialize in helping businesses and individuals who are behind on their taxes and/or who have past-due tax filings and returns at both the state and federal level.

• Spectrum of clients: Larson Tax Relief helps all types of clients, including small businesses, large businesses, individuals, religious organizations and nonprofit organizations.

• Emergency tax relief: Larson Tax Relief works fast to get their clients immediate relief from collectors, garnished wages and levied accounts. They will then work on developing a long-term solution to make sure their clients have the breathing room they need to pay the amount they owe on their taxes.

• Nationwide tax relief: Larson Tax Relief is headquartered in Colorado, but they represent clients in all 50 states. Find your local toll free number on their website.

• Free consultation: Call Larson Tax Relief for a free consultation to find out how they can help you settle your federal or state tax problems.

• Real-world experience: Many of Larson Tax Relief’s attorneys have business experience, so they understand business taxes first-hand. Some are business owners, which gives them additional insight into understanding business taxes.

• Best for: Larson Tax Relief is best for businesses and individuals who need tax relief.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Larson Tax Relief questions and answers

What problem is Larson Tax Relief trying to solve?
Businesses and Individuals who owe back taxes to IRS and state taxing authorities are facing the daunting task of getting a solution that actually works for them. We work diligently to alleviate the financial and emotional pressures that come with these debts while providing the expertise and personal guidance needed to arrive at a resolution that fits their unique situation.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
Our competitors commonly boast that years of experience in dealing with the IRS is their prized attribute, making them experts at negotiating with the government. While Larson Tax Relief’s senior employees have 100+ years of combined experience in dealing with the IRS and state, we focus on other factors that play an equally important role in delivering a great result for our clients. First, is a focus on customer service centered around interacting with and educating our clients. Second is ensuring our employees are equipped mentally and emotionally to execute the tasks needed to provide a favorable result for our customers. By design, our corporate culture fosters happy, informed employees. Happy and well-informed employees deliver a better work product, period. Third, we place a heavy emphasis on growing and maintaining high moral and ethical standards in customer interaction and employee conduct, including advertising. Fourth, is licensing. Every client that hires our firm has a licensed Attorney or IRS Enrolled Agent working on their file, and communicating directly with them. We also provide federally licensed tax consultants for our prospective customers to speak with about their tax situation prior to hiring our firm. We are aware of only 1 other competing firm that upholds these standards.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our services provide much-needed guidance and comfort to our customers, while our expertise in this area of practice provides the ability to navigate complex state and federal tax laws, policies and procedures. We are able to execute better resolutions than our competitors due to a very high level of involvement with our clients. Sizeable tax debts don’t show up overnight, and they can’t usually be fixed overnight either. When Larson employees focus on communication and collaboration with our clients, we are empowered to provide a result that is truly tailored to the customers’ needs and unique variables. Most of our competitors sell a “cookie-cutter” product, follow the same steps for every customer, and refer to their customers by their client ID number. We don’t number our clients, as Larson Tax Relief isn’t in the cattle business. Our clients have names, and we follow varying steps and procedures for each one in a commitment to achieve the unique resolution they need.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about Larson Tax Relief?
The primary misconception consumers have about our firm is that the client themselves, or their local CPA will get the same result that we would. Customers commonly believe that we can’t do anything that they can’t, even in the face of over 30,000 pages of tax law and policy in the Internal Revenue Manual and Internal Revenue Code. IRS and State revenue officers are trained to be much nicer than they were in the past. By design, this gives the would-be customer the illusion that they are working with somebody who has their best interest at hand or is “on their side.” Often, the government employee provided to the taxpayer occupies a role that does not give them the authority to honor appeals or terms needed by the taxpayer. Taking guidance from a revenue agent, who has a job to collect the money as fast as they can, is often a treacherous path resulting in levied bank accounts and seized assets.
What are your company values?
The Larson Tax Relief Mission Statement is that the company exists to provide its clients with the finest quality work and customer service in the tax resolution industry, delivered by a knowledgeable, compassionate, honest team of professionals.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
We wish that potential customer of ours knew that every single client is extremely important to both our organization and our employees. Our full effort and expertise are exerted on every case-file. The person or company that owes $10,000 to the IRS receives the same treatment, effort and expert help as the client who owes $2 million in back taxes. We have every licensed tax professional work on both large and small dollar-amount cases, as a favorable result is equally important to clients in both situations!
Has Larson Tax Relief received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
The company won the 2014 BBB Torch Award for Customer Service and was runner-up for the 2014 and 2015 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Trust & Ethics. The company has also been mentioned in The Denver Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, The Denver Post Top 100 Workplaces, the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 50 Family Owned Companies and the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 250 Privately Owned Companies for multiple years.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The most common misconceptions consumers have about our industry are that the IRS will negotiate or “bargain” with a taxpayer, similar to what you might see at a flea market or garage sale, that all tax negotiation firms are created equal and that it is common for the IRS to settle for ‘pennies on the dollar’ on back tax debt.
What is the greatest obstacle Larson Tax Relief is currently trying to overcome?
Market saturation and sub-par work product from our competitors is the primary obstacle our company faces every day. Being lumped into a group with all of the other competitors in the “tax resolution industry” is not necessarily a good thing for our firm. Many consumers believe that tax resolution companies are just a scam, and they are partially correct. Our company, at last count, has 270 “competitors” nationwide that claim to do what we do. We estimate that fewer than 10 of these firms have the ethical standards, business model and expertise to deliver results that are equal to Larson Tax Relief. This number does not include individual CPAs and Attorneys who are often hired to fix back tax problems, regardless of the fact that most of them have very limited experience negotiating with government taxing authorities. We gain first-hand knowledge of the terrible work product provided by most competitors when we are hired to sort through and clean up the mess they had created for their client prior to hiring Larson Tax Relief. Often we find that they client was indeed ‘scammed.’
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have seen the arrival of hundreds of new “competitors” that are increasingly less qualified, yet make even bigger promises of massive reductions in tax debt. Wild claims about “new government programs” and false promises pound TV and radio airwaves and other media outlets every day. Each month we hear of a dozen new companies that are starting up in our industry, and another dozen who are going out of business. Below, in our advice section, you will find that we advise that consumers looking for help research how long a company has been in business. This is why.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
We hope that the federal government will pass legislation and regulations that will mandate and require licensing in order to provide tax advice, opinions or claims pertaining to the results of any back tax resolution. Should licensing be required, it would save thousands of consumers the financial and emotional heartache while falling victim to false claims and poor work product. A sub-par performance by a tax company often places the consumer in more trouble than they were in prior to hiring. Without any new federal regulations being passed, we fear that the industry will continue to be saturated by predatory companies headed up by under-qualified, unethical people making unsubstantiated claims while delivering little to no results to their customers. The government could actually help the consumer by passing some more stringent regulations that limit exactly who is allowed to give tax advice, and what they are allowed to say. Our licensed professionals are currently regulated in this manner, however, those at other firms who are not licensed can say just about anything without facing any consequences. For the consumers’ sake, we hope this changes.
How has Larson Tax Relief grown or evolved?
Because of our reputation and great case results, our company has grown from three employees to over 85 in our 13 years in business. Larson Tax Relief focuses on keeping company growth in proportion with our number of clients, leaving no customer under-served. Beyond employee and client numbers increasing over the years, our firm has evolved in every area possible, from internal customer service requirements to our thriving corporate culture. The healthy growth of our progressive work environment and culture has been facilitated greatly by ownership providing positive psychology training as well as a third party executive coach who is available to all staff members. We have found that positive, effective and clear communication with clients and between employees is the key to achieving the stellar results and customer experience we pride ourselves on delivering.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
We advise that any client seeking help with a back tax issue looks for the best help out there. Better help doesn’t mean that it is more expensive. Quite often, the least qualified firms quote the highest fees. It is advisable that any consumer looking for help should do at least 15 minutes of research on any firm they are considering. This sounds like a small amount of time, but a lot can be found out in a short amount of time. The difference between “adequate” and “great” help will have a substantial affect on your end result, and will likely affect the next 2-10 a customer’s personal life, even if the tax issue stems from a business. We encourage all consumers looking for help to perform some research that will provide information about a tax company’s number of years in business, licensed employees (will you ever talk to one?), customer reviews, and client references. If a company can provide very few positive reviews or references, and has been in business only a few years, we advise you move on and keep looking! There is great tax help out there, and it isn’t hard to find if you know what you are looking for.

Larson Tax Relief Company Information