Call toll free
4.91/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Larson Tax Relief’s team of licensed professionals can help deliver immediate tax relief to you or your business. With over 11 years of experience and award-winning customer service, they guarantee you’ll be satisfied with their service and care. Larson’s team resolves back tax issues for a wide variety of unique situations and clientele. Call today to see how they can help you.

304 Larson Tax Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 19, 2019

I sought out the services of Larson Financial because I really needed help in untangling the mess our taxes were in. It was a lengthy process and required a lot of back and forth by email and phone once we began. (We live more than 6 hours from their office.) Each time I contacted Larson's I was usually upset by ongoing correspondence from the IRS. Betty and Leona were on the receiving end. They always made sure I knew what the team was doing, where we stood, what more was needed handled things in such a way that I thought there was a potential decent outcome on the horizon. We are finally reaching a conclusion to the journey and I can't imagine what life would have been like without them.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Our experience in dealing directly with the IRS to resolve our circumstance was a long series of drawn-out frustrations; a bureaucratic nightmare. After nine years of standing blindfolded, with my back to a wall, the team at Larson facilitated positive resolution to our situation where we could not. Thank You Larson.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I was audited by the IRS for 3 years in a row. I was at my wit's end because they were auditing my expenses and I no longer have the vehicle or work at that job. I needed assistance combing the 3 years together and propose a monthly payment since I honestly don’t make that much money and was going to have a hard time paying it back - as the IRS is ALWAYS right. I contacted Larson, spoke to Matt which introduced me to his team and they explained the process step by step. A payment plan was proposed and the IRS was said to accept it. To date I am pleased with their services and would highly recommend! Thank you!

Original review: April 8, 2019

I thought the service provided by Larson was very professional and reassuring. Good communication on what was going on, and requests for information and documentation were courteous. Questions were answered quickly and professionally. The outcome of negotiation with IRS was acceptable. The only drawback was toward the beginning of the process - it seemed Daniel's case was handed off several times over the course of 6 months or so. This seems to have resulted in duplicate requests for returns to be sent to Larson. Overall I am happy with the service provided and the outcome.

Original review: April 5, 2019

When I received a collection letter that I owed back state taxes from a LLC I resigned from several years ago I contacted my personal attorney and he suggested I find an organization that deals with the State Department of Revenue on a consistent basis. I googled and found Larson Financial that dealt with this kind of issue. I set an appointment, went through my information and felt like they could help me.

The LLC had broke up and the members were not getting along. One of the members who was on the bank account was able to get the bank records of the years in question. I had Larson Financial keep in close touch with the Department of Revenue to make sure I was not accountable for the no paid taxes. They did and had the Department exonerate me of all the back taxes. They were very professional and followed up with me on a regular basis. The peace of mind in my retirement was well worth the cost of $1,500. I would recommend them to others.

Larson Tax Relief response

We are very pleased that we could help to clear your name. Thank you for hiring our firm! --Larson Management

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Larson Tax Relief?

Original review: April 2, 2019

Anyone who has tried to work with IRS, State and local tax authorities knows their processes are opaque, impenetrable kafkaesque exercises in bureaucratic torture. We brought Larson in to help straighten out a communications problem with the IRS. They came up to speed quickly, addressed the problem and then stayed in constant communication until the problem was resolved. We were very happy with the outcome and I've now recommended them to several other entrepreneurs who are having trouble communicating with the tax authorities. I highly recommend Larson as a resource if you want someone to deal with the tax authorities effectively, efficiently and competently.

Original review: March 19, 2019

They were very friendly and professional. They helped me with my HUGE tax problem. I was so afraid and stressed out hiding from this problem for years but they made me feel at ease because they had a great solution. I would definitely use them again if I need to and recommend to others.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Larson Financial by far is the best Tax Defense company out there. They communicated well, great advice, were empathetic and are truly interested in my out come becoming the most positive it can be. I started off with another company and was given the run around for months after they took my payment. If you're looking for a company to take care of your tax issues, hands down this is the company for you...

Original review: March 8, 2019

Due to dealing with a worse than normal divorce I needed help reducing a large tax debt. I mentioned the divorce because it was not finalized and it complicated the entire situation. I worked with several different people with Larson who were all great. I must say that Galen ** was a standout for me and helped me stay calm in a stressful situation. I would definitely use their services again should the need ever arise.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Communication is wonderful. It took a little longer then I expected, but that was because the IRS agent was slow. It also cost a little bit more then I was originally quoted. I think that they should disclose that. With that being said, knowing that Larson is dealing with it has enabled me to sleep at night.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I've worked with these 2 for over a year now, and I could not be happier. They have made my life so easy with constant communication, even if I'm being a pain... and they always have an answer to my question when I need them most, or I'm just stressed. I worked with another company before meeting Ted and Rebecca and spent $12,000 dollars and over a year, and no results. These 2 got me a settlement and a game plan in 3 months. Only 5 stars... cause that was the only option I had... I would have given 100 stars if I could.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

When I contacted Larson Financial I needed help due to another firms misdeeds, I was facing collection, they were able to navigate through and resolve my situation and return me to a non collectible status. I was very pleased with their honesty and professionalism.

Larson Tax Relief response

We are sorry you encountered a firm that didn't do the work they promised, but glad that you eventually found us! Thanks for the review. --Larson Management

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

My tax review is not complete at this time. However, I can report that the team of Erin ** and Sandra ** have worked very hard on my case, always been available to me and very professional every step of the process.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

My original experience with Larson Financial was less than satisfactory due to the original agent assigned to my account. Upon dismissal of that agent, Ted ** was assigned to my account. Ted advised me that most of the money I paid was already used up by the previous agent. He assured me that Larson would continue to represent me and prepare for a settlement that was reasonable. Larson bit the bullet and was able to reach an agreement that worked for me. Additional funds were needed to continue to properly represent me, which I was glad to agree to. I am now 2 payments from the end of my installment agreement and happy to put this behind me. I want to be really clear Larson's management stood behind me when their employee could no longer get it done. They could have cut and run and broke even at best, maybe! They did not, I commend them and their choice to assign Ted ** to my account. Very Happy with Ted and Rebecca.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Ted ** has been very effective and has helped resolve many of my issues with the IRS. He is responsive and organized in his approach and has negotiated a very good outcome for me. I would recommend him to all needing representation.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I have been behind in my taxes, they have assisted me with working with the IRS. While my account has not been reduced or forgiven as other agencies promise, at least I am not being harassed. My account is currently on hold with with the same amount due, I was thinking rather than pay a monthly fee... I might as well send that to the IRS. Would I recommend, I would say yes as they can navigate the path for you if have never been in this situation ever before.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Ted and his team did a fine job setting up my payment plans with the IRS and State of Colorado. I did not have to deal with either entity directly through the process. It turned out to be a pretty painless process.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

It’s unfortunate in our day and age that it’s so complicated for an individual to figure out tax laws and how to proceed with various government procedures. I don’t remember how I initially found Larson financial but I’m so glad that I did. Theodore ** has been representing me from the beginning and I can’t thank him and his team enough for all that they have done. I owed hundreds of thousands of dollars to the IRS and Ted has been here to help me every step of the way. Not only did we find a resolution to minimize the debt to only a couple percent of the original amount but Larson has made it as easy as possible. Always emailing and calling me to check in and make sure that everything is going smoothly, always notifying me whenever they have any communication with the government and any changes that come along with it. I can’t recommend them enough for all the work that they have done for me and my family.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I was in need of assistance with multiple years of tax debt, and found Larson Financial online as rated one of the top 5 dealing with tax issues. They definitely have lived up to their rating, and reputation. They have dealt with both IRS and state tax issues, and have been instrumental in ensuring the IRS did not take action while setting up a payment plan. They are very professional, knowledgeable, communicate well, and definitely minimized the stress I was experiencing. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing assistance in dealing with the IRS.

Larson Tax Relief response

We are so glad that you were able to find us on the internet, and get the help you need! We appreciate the compliments and recommendation. --Larson Management

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We received all the support from your tax firm our company is Valley Wipers, LLC and the owner is Mr. Sergio ** and we are very happy with your service and Mr. ** is part of your firm, he has done an awesome job. I do recommend you as a good tax relief.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Larson took excellent care of our tax issues. They took care of everything quickly and professionally. I did not have to do anything. I highly recommend Larson to anyone who has tax issues that need to be resolved. You will be impressed, amazed and grateful that you hired Larson.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I was introduced to Larson Financial by a lawyer who helped me on a loan modification. Larson Financial agreed to review my federal and state tax liability situations, negotiating the revenue agencies and reducing the liabilities to about 90% in a matter of weeks. This was amazing to me, because I couldn't find the correct federal bureaus in the years before this. All communications and documents could be accomplished by emails and phone calls. It is a professionally run and user friendly business operation. The staff are courteous and expert. I absolutely recommend Larson Financial for all clients who require solutions for tax liabilities.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

To say Larson did a great job would be an understatement. I was stressed out to a level that if I wasn't in such good shape I probably would have had a heart attack. Micheal did a wonderful job and I would say went above and beyond what he had to do. He not only help with my tax issues he also helped me out in some personal situations. It was truly a blessing for me to find Larson and I would recommend them to anyone who needs help with there tax issues. I don't know how any of the other people perform at this company but for me Micheal was the right person at the right time.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Larson Financial did an exceptionally great job for us! Everyone that we worked with was very kind, thoughtful & went the extra mile to get us relief on our taxes. Awesome, Awesome people! They all definitely deserve a five-star review!!!

Larson Tax Relief response

Thanks for the review and your kind words. Reviews like this are truly a wonderful reward for our work! Thank you so much. --Larson Management

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

They have helped us greatly in solving out tax problems. We have received timely reports on our position with the IRS and they have been timely with answers to our questions. We have continued our relationship with them for another year as we are very satisfied with their continued help.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We had a fantastic experience with Larson Tax Relief. You can tell from the first conversation that they are a company that truly cares about you as a person and cares about your situation. They took their time, they were friendly and got the job done in just a little over a month. What a relief it was for us to know we were in such good hands. Thank you Larson Group. We appreciate your expertise and friendliness and most of all treating us like real people.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Larson Financial helped lift a heavy levy from the IRS. The IRS was garnishing more than $1000 from my bi-weekly paycheck. The garnishment put a strain on my family as we live in big city. Our family of two adults and four children faced eviction, break up and starvation. Leona ** and her team worked tirelessly to lift the levy even during the government shutdown. The team showed resolve, integrity and a level of professionalism I have never experienced. They followed up with tax advocates, talked directly to the IRS and helped lift the levy, The IRS means business when they come to collect. Larson Financial and Leona ** are on your side and they will help you.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I had a complicated issue with several states and Larson was able to help me deal with the two state agencies and IRS to set up a plan that worked for me financially. They gave me regular updates on the status of negotiations on my behalf and I’m pleased overall with the results.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

IRS Payroll tax & Trust Fund Recovery Penalty - Leona and Betty have been by my side every step of the way in this very stressful process. Whenever I need information or help in any way, they are both very responsive and communicative. I truly feel that they understand my case and are my advocates in helping to bring it to a best-case conclusion. I would highly recommend them.

Larson Tax Relief response

We are very appreciative of your review and recommendation. Glad we could help!! --Larson Management

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My experience is been excellent. The employees are caring people. My situation was not easy, but from the moment I call they started working on my case and were able to stop the IRS from garnishment my pay. They are very attentive and knowledgeable. They always return my call in a promptly manner. I will always be so grateful to Yara, Melissa and Mr. **.

Larson Tax Relief expert review by Andrew Poulos

Founded in 2005, Larson Tax Relief represents clients in all 50 states. They specialize in helping businesses and individuals who are behind on their taxes and/or who have past-due tax filings and returns at both the state and federal level.

• Spectrum of clients: Larson Tax Relief helps all types of clients, including small businesses, large businesses, individuals, religious organizations and nonprofit organizations.

• Emergency tax relief: Larson Tax Relief works fast to get their clients immediate relief from collectors, garnished wages and levied accounts. They will then work on developing a long-term solution to make sure their clients have the breathing room they need to pay the amount they owe on their taxes.

• Nationwide tax relief: Larson Tax Relief is headquartered in Colorado, but they represent clients in all 50 states. Find your local toll free number on their website.

• Free consultation: Call Larson Tax Relief for a free consultation to find out how they can help you settle your federal or state tax problems.

• Real-world experience: Many of Larson Tax Relief’s attorneys have business experience, so they understand business taxes first-hand. Some are business owners, which gives them additional insight into understanding business taxes.

• Best for: Larson Tax Relief is best for businesses and individuals who need tax relief.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Larson Tax Relief questions and answers

What problem is Larson Tax Relief trying to solve?
Businesses and Individuals who owe back taxes to IRS and state taxing authorities are facing the daunting task of getting a solution that actually works for them. We work diligently to alleviate the financial and emotional pressures that come with these debts while providing the expertise and personal guidance needed to arrive at a resolution that fits their unique situation.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
Our competitors commonly boast that years of experience in dealing with the IRS is their prized attribute, making them experts at negotiating with the government. While Larson Tax Relief’s senior employees have 100+ years of combined experience in dealing with the IRS and state, we focus on other factors that play an equally important role in delivering a great result for our clients. First, is a focus on customer service centered around interacting with and educating our clients. Second is ensuring our employees are equipped mentally and emotionally to execute the tasks needed to provide a favorable result for our customers. By design, our corporate culture fosters happy, informed employees. Happy and well-informed employees deliver a better work product, period. Third, we place a heavy emphasis on growing and maintaining high moral and ethical standards in customer interaction and employee conduct, including advertising. Fourth, is licensing. Every client that hires our firm has a licensed Attorney or IRS Enrolled Agent working on their file, and communicating directly with them. We also provide federally licensed tax consultants for our prospective customers to speak with about their tax situation prior to hiring our firm. We are aware of only 1 other competing firm that upholds these standards.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our services provide much-needed guidance and comfort to our customers, while our expertise in this area of practice provides the ability to navigate complex state and federal tax laws, policies and procedures. We are able to execute better resolutions than our competitors due to a very high level of involvement with our clients. Sizeable tax debts don’t show up overnight, and they can’t usually be fixed overnight either. When Larson employees focus on communication and collaboration with our clients, we are empowered to provide a result that is truly tailored to the customers’ needs and unique variables. Most of our competitors sell a “cookie-cutter” product, follow the same steps for every customer, and refer to their customers by their client ID number. We don’t number our clients, as Larson Tax Relief isn’t in the cattle business. Our clients have names, and we follow varying steps and procedures for each one in a commitment to achieve the unique resolution they need.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about Larson Tax Relief?
The primary misconception consumers have about our firm is that the client themselves, or their local CPA will get the same result that we would. Customers commonly believe that we can’t do anything that they can’t, even in the face of over 30,000 pages of tax law and policy in the Internal Revenue Manual and Internal Revenue Code. IRS and State revenue officers are trained to be much nicer than they were in the past. By design, this gives the would-be customer the illusion that they are working with somebody who has their best interest at hand or is “on their side.” Often, the government employee provided to the taxpayer occupies a role that does not give them the authority to honor appeals or terms needed by the taxpayer. Taking guidance from a revenue agent, who has a job to collect the money as fast as they can, is often a treacherous path resulting in levied bank accounts and seized assets.
What are your company values?
The Larson Tax Relief Mission Statement is that the company exists to provide its clients with the finest quality work and customer service in the tax resolution industry, delivered by a knowledgeable, compassionate, honest team of professionals.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
We wish that potential customer of ours knew that every single client is extremely important to both our organization and our employees. Our full effort and expertise are exerted on every case-file. The person or company that owes $10,000 to the IRS receives the same treatment, effort and expert help as the client who owes $2 million in back taxes. We have every licensed tax professional work on both large and small dollar-amount cases, as a favorable result is equally important to clients in both situations!
Has Larson Tax Relief received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
The company won the 2014 BBB Torch Award for Customer Service and was runner-up for the 2014 and 2015 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Trust & Ethics. The company has also been mentioned in The Denver Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, The Denver Post Top 100 Workplaces, the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 50 Family Owned Companies and the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 250 Privately Owned Companies for multiple years.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The most common misconceptions consumers have about our industry are that the IRS will negotiate or “bargain” with a taxpayer, similar to what you might see at a flea market or garage sale, that all tax negotiation firms are created equal and that it is common for the IRS to settle for ‘pennies on the dollar’ on back tax debt.
What is the greatest obstacle Larson Tax Relief is currently trying to overcome?
Market saturation and sub-par work product from our competitors is the primary obstacle our company faces every day. Being lumped into a group with all of the other competitors in the “tax resolution industry” is not necessarily a good thing for our firm. Many consumers believe that tax resolution companies are just a scam, and they are partially correct. Our company, at last count, has 270 “competitors” nationwide that claim to do what we do. We estimate that fewer than 10 of these firms have the ethical standards, business model and expertise to deliver results that are equal to Larson Tax Relief. This number does not include individual CPAs and Attorneys who are often hired to fix back tax problems, regardless of the fact that most of them have very limited experience negotiating with government taxing authorities. We gain first-hand knowledge of the terrible work product provided by most competitors when we are hired to sort through and clean up the mess they had created for their client prior to hiring Larson Tax Relief. Often we find that they client was indeed ‘scammed.’
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have seen the arrival of hundreds of new “competitors” that are increasingly less qualified, yet make even bigger promises of massive reductions in tax debt. Wild claims about “new government programs” and false promises pound TV and radio airwaves and other media outlets every day. Each month we hear of a dozen new companies that are starting up in our industry, and another dozen who are going out of business. Below, in our advice section, you will find that we advise that consumers looking for help research how long a company has been in business. This is why.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
We hope that the federal government will pass legislation and regulations that will mandate and require licensing in order to provide tax advice, opinions or claims pertaining to the results of any back tax resolution. Should licensing be required, it would save thousands of consumers the financial and emotional heartache while falling victim to false claims and poor work product. A sub-par performance by a tax company often places the consumer in more trouble than they were in prior to hiring. Without any new federal regulations being passed, we fear that the industry will continue to be saturated by predatory companies headed up by under-qualified, unethical people making unsubstantiated claims while delivering little to no results to their customers. The government could actually help the consumer by passing some more stringent regulations that limit exactly who is allowed to give tax advice, and what they are allowed to say. Our licensed professionals are currently regulated in this manner, however, those at other firms who are not licensed can say just about anything without facing any consequences. For the consumers’ sake, we hope this changes.
How has Larson Tax Relief grown or evolved?
Because of our reputation and great case results, our company has grown from three employees to over 85 in our 13 years in business. Larson Tax Relief focuses on keeping company growth in proportion with our number of clients, leaving no customer under-served. Beyond employee and client numbers increasing over the years, our firm has evolved in every area possible, from internal customer service requirements to our thriving corporate culture. The healthy growth of our progressive work environment and culture has been facilitated greatly by ownership providing positive psychology training as well as a third party executive coach who is available to all staff members. We have found that positive, effective and clear communication with clients and between employees is the key to achieving the stellar results and customer experience we pride ourselves on delivering.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
We advise that any client seeking help with a back tax issue looks for the best help out there. Better help doesn’t mean that it is more expensive. Quite often, the least qualified firms quote the highest fees. It is advisable that any consumer looking for help should do at least 15 minutes of research on any firm they are considering. This sounds like a small amount of time, but a lot can be found out in a short amount of time. The difference between “adequate” and “great” help will have a substantial affect on your end result, and will likely affect the next 2-10 a customer’s personal life, even if the tax issue stems from a business. We encourage all consumers looking for help to perform some research that will provide information about a tax company’s number of years in business, licensed employees (will you ever talk to one?), customer reviews, and client references. If a company can provide very few positive reviews or references, and has been in business only a few years, we advise you move on and keep looking! There is great tax help out there, and it isn’t hard to find if you know what you are looking for.

Larson Tax Relief Company Information