I have nothing but the utmost respect and gratitude for the entire team at Larson Financial. Actually cannot say enough about the professionalism in which my case was handled. They as well made me feel like a "person" and not so much a client. We maintain a 1 on 1 type relationship still to this day. GREAT FOLKS.
Larson Financial has been helpful and always professional. I am always able to get any question answered promptly and accurately. They have been a lifesaver in dealing with the IRS for us! They have meet and exceeded our expectations in the service they have provided.
I was in trouble with the IRS for years and instead of handling it I chose to ignore it which made everything worse. I couldnt sleep at night. I actually woke up one night to sirens and thought the IRS was coming to arrest me. Stress makes your mind play tricks for sure. I reached out to the folks at Larson and they did everything for me. I didnt have to talk to the IRS. I did everything that Steve and Victoria told me to do and now I am making my payments. I was able to reopen my checking account after about 6 years of not having a checking account. I can save, set money aside for my IRA, and sleep now. Larson Tax Relief changed my life and I am grateful.
Larson is the perfect choice for smart, honest and fast tax help. Unlike others, they get right to the issue, keep things moving and guide you every step of the way. They're on top of the tax laws and explain clearly what's going to happen and how long it may take. Plus, I found their cost structure to be a real bargain. I got exactly what I wanted - great advice, great service and a very fair deal. Will not use anyone else.
I was able to contact a former client of Larson Tax Relief and although her tax dilemma was significantly different than mine, the effect was the same... A seemingly insurmountable tax burden. She was adamant that I contact Larson. From the first call I made to them up through the resolution agreement, Steve and Victoria made the process simple and seamless and provided excellent service while thoroughly explaining every step and answering all of my questions during the process. Their attention, empathy for my situation, follow up and overall customer service of the entire team was incredible. My tax situation was settled in less than 90 days, pretty amazing when it took years to create and was dropped by another tax relief company after over a year of little communication except when "additional fees" were needed. Based on the service and results I received, I believe Larson to be the avenue to pretty much any tax resolution.
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Larson Tax Relief?
- 692,060 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I owed over $80,000 to the IRS. I had been very ill with numerous hospitalizations, and when I was diagnosed and recovering, I faced with the reality that I did not even know where to start on this issue. I remembered hearing about Larson on a radio ad, and so the first thing I did out of the hospital was to give them a call. The partner I spoke with was so helpful, and I hung up with a sense of relief for the first time in over a year. Larson began by evaluating my circumstance and offering options along with their recommendation. They handled all communications with the IRS and helped get me the time I needed to refinance my house and get the funds I needed to pay what I needed to pay.
Larson did an excellent job of communication, always keeping me in the loop. They negotiated well on my behalf. I was able to settle the debt, and then they helped me file for abatements due to my illness. It took time, but they continuously monitored the situation, and I just found out I was getting more than $11,000 back in abated penalties. I would highly recommend Larson for their service. I could not have done it without them.
I cannot begin to thank Ted enough for his help with our tax matters. He went out of his way to help us get the best possible outcome from the IRS. He constantly communicated with us, worked quickly and efficiently and made the process understandable. He explained everything and gave us every option available.
Larson Financial is the lighthouse in the harbor! When your tax issues feel like a storm that JUST WILL NOT END, contact Larson Financial and their staff will help guide you through your tax issues both State and Federal. DO NOT WAIT until it is too late...
I had a great experience with Michael and Elise. They were always prompt and explained what my options were and returned any phone calls or emails immediately. When everything was settled they followed up and let me know if I had any questions to call and they could help. I would not hesitate to come back if I need to. Thanks.
What can I say George ** has helped me immensely with my tax problems. He has always kept me informed and up to date on all issues that I need to know and explained all the ins and outs of what to expect. He also help me when I ask him to write a letter about my file so I could explain to the banks that I am good person and need a new van to run my business but was turned down for a loan three times but after George wrote that letter I was approved for the loan in one hour thank God. I have and will continue to refer Larson financial but also tell my friends to ask for George **. You can call me any time at **. I will sing the praises of Larson financial and George **?
I was always treated very nice and respectable. I never had any problems making contact with my rep. Everything was handled professionally and taken care of as I was promised. I will definitely recommend your firm to my friends. Thank you.
I worked with other Tax relief services over the past 24 years we have been in business and I have never received the personal service like I have from Larson. After having horrible experiences in the past with these other companies I was skeptical at first that Larson would be able to help us without over charging us a crazy amount of money. They were upfront with their fees and never charged me more than I wasn't aware from our initial phone consultation. They took a lot of relief off of us and always answered my concerns and questions right away.
The IRS are very hard to work with. They violated our tax payer rights in so many ways there isn't enough time to go into it. Larson tried to go to bat for us in every way possible but when dealing with the Federal Government you are never going to be right even if you are. Whatever it states in writing by the IRS do not believe it. Even their tax payer Advocate service is not here to help you. It was not Larson fault in any way and despite the difficulty in working with the IRS Larson stood right beside us and fought to the end.
The best relief was paying them off and I hope to have no reason to contact Larson again. When I say that though I mean that in a positive way. Hopefully we will remain current from here on out. I do highly recommend them to anyone who needs help in resolving their tax issue. There are so many companies out there that are not there to help, but Larson was far from that. They took a lot of stress off of us so we could focus getting our business back to where it needed to be.
A few years ago my business was in a serious dilemma in back payroll taxes owed. The IRS had come to my office and presenting me with an assortment of risks. In desperation and with no hope I contacted Larson. Literally, within the same week, they took over all communication with the IRS. They relieved me of any direct contact or communications. They negotiated a release of bank account garnishments right away. From there, they negotiated a monthly $600 payment on a $48,000 debt... incredible.
This year, I fell behind making those payments. Larson again took over and when the debt impacted me personally, they took over my personal account and re-negotiated to under a $200 per month payment. This is the easiest company to work with, great and professional people with clarity of understanding in all elements of protection. In addition, they are not expensive and have allowed me payment terms as necessary. This is simply the finest group of people, and company, to work with!
In late September I was contacted by a government tax agency. At that time they told me I had until the second week in October to get financial documents filled out and returned and that they would be moving forward with taking any income over $3500. I take care of 2 dependent adults and there was no way I could afford that. The next day I contacted Larson Financial and they assured me that they could help with my situation. So I started the process at that time and during that process it was an eye-opener. I do know that I owe the debt but we needed to come up with a realistic payment plan.
By the third week in October all paperwork was complete and that point we were waiting on the government agencies approval. By the end of November we got a payment plan that was going to work. Every person on Larson Financial team was easy to communicate with and made this process easier. I would recommend Larson Financial to anyone in my situation.
The Larson Team immediately went to work and resolved our problem with the IRS on the same day we met with them. The staff and attorneys were competent and helpful. They kept us informed and answered all questions that we had. We would recommend Larson Financial!
Since I contact your company, the experience been good, communication with the staff, Jordie, Maggy, and their assistants always been friendly and very helpful. It’s like taking a burn from my hands and make it theirs. Thanks for support and care.
I was recommend to Larson by my personal attorney. I was facing a large debt both personal and business. The personal was reduced and the business debt was eliminated as Larson was able to prove it should have not been placed in the first place. The staff kept in constant communication and regularly updated me with the status on the case. I found them to be very knowledgeable professional and their experience in this field speaks for itself!
One could define "relief" as "a feeling of reassurance and relaxation following release from anxiety or distress". One could define the IRS (among other things) as: "the ultimate purveyor of anxiety and distress". Once you become a client, and attorney Emily ** becomes your advocate in dealing with the IRS, only then will you experience the true meaning of "relief".
My wife and I had received two IRS letters that were very concerning and to avoid any further issues I reached out to Larson Financial for assistance. I had the pleasure working with Bo ** and Theodore (Ted) **. The communication, knowledge and professionalism was incredible. They actually found out that the letters were prematurely sent out via the IRS computer system and that we were in good standing. Even though we decided to hold off going any further at this time, they were exceptionally informative, kind and honored their 15-day money back guarantee with no questions asked. I would highly recommend Larson Financial Services.
The entire process was quick and very professional. I was extremely pleased with the outcome of my case. They quickly communicated with the state, got my tax levy and garnishment lifted and guided me through each step to become compliant in all matters. The communication was also handled very well, considering my work schedule meant a lot of it was done via voice mail or email. I would strongly recommend Larson for your tax issues. Professional yet down to earth people who speak to you as a person, not a number or worse.
Larson Financial, especially Chris **, provided me with the secure feeling that I needed thru the IRS process! He fought for me to the end. I was always kept up to date with any progress or lack thereof. Highly recommend this company to get the job done!
Thank you for the kind words and 5 star review!
Original review: Nov. 2, 2016
I have dealt with numerous associates and agents from Larson Financial. Everyone I have dealt with has been very professional, very intelligent in their field, very helpful with any questions I had and questions I still have and kept on top of any problems that may have arisen from the IRS or the state of New Jersey. Frank and I are very happy with the resolutions that we received from both the IRS and the state. I would highly recommend Larson Financial to anyone who has similar financial problems with the IRS. I personally thank each and every agent and associate that I have dealt with. Thank you again.
From Chris to Maggy, this is a great team. I could not be more happy and satisfied. The professional team at its finest. Maggy work far and above her duties (thank you Maggy). I would recommend Larsen forever. Great job everybody and God bless.
Thanks for the review on our firm!
Original review: Oct. 29, 2016
We are trying to get our corporate and personal taxes caught up from 2008. We trust Larson Tax Relief. Emily ** has been instrumental in helping us through the process. She is competent and the entire staff is so helpful. We can sleep at night knowing this will all be resolved professionally and to OUR advantage.
The team at Larson Financial was extremely professional and diligent. Our specific rep, Rich ** handled our case quickly and with positive results. They took all of the pressure from me and handled our case. I would definitely recommend Larson Financial to anyone who needs representation.
I don't know where to start. I hired Larson financial after being taken by my first choice of tax attorneys. Once Larson took over it was like all my stress and worries went away. They agreed to help me for a set price and that is exactly what they did. This case drug out for almost 2 years and they never asked for a penny more. And during the whole ordeal, there were many times we had to renegotiate with the IRS. Larson Financial and their whole staff where a most welcomed pleasure to deal with. I will for surely recommend them to anyone that is need of their most superior service.
The team was very helpful considering my taxes were giving me extreme anxiety and I had a hard time even looking at my taxes. They kept me on top of everything I needed to get done and were always available to answer any question I might have had.
Larson Tax Relief were very informative and I didn't hesitate too much to hire them. The way they answered the questions that I asked and their professionalism of the initial phone conversation made me choose them. I feel very confident and comforted with Larson. IRS can be harsh at times, and I had to deal with them personally and with Larson I have not had to talk to anyone at the IRS or deal directly with them at all. They have taken care of it 100% for me. They're in Colorado and Denver, but I feel like they're within reach. They're very professional, friendly, kind and compassionate. It started initially with my business and my personal, and now, Larson also does my parents’ personal and they’ve been very happy with their work. I recommend them anytime anyone calls me.
My experience with Larson has been very good. I would recommend them to a friend or family anytime. They worked with me at a very stressful time in my life and just took the stress out of it. I could put it down and let them help me. We have had to work through 2 state agencies and are still working with the IRS, and I have no doubt that will work out as well. They have already helped to set up a payment plan and we are now working on getting the total amount reduced. They let you know what's going on they explain the process to me so I can make a good decision based on all the right information. I can't say enough good things about Larson Tax Relief.
Thanks for the review, and your business!
Original review: Oct. 1, 2016
My experience with Larson Financial was excellent. I would recommend them to everyone. The entire staff was very helpful and always explained everything in detail. Also, they were very efficient and on top of everything. They resolved all of my tax issues. I don't know where we would be today if we hadn't found them.
Question and Answers - Larson Tax Relief
What problem is Larson Tax Relief trying to solve?
- Businesses and Individuals who owe back taxes to IRS and state taxing authorities are facing the daunting task of getting a solution that actually works for them. We work diligently to alleviate the financial and emotional pressures that come with these debts while providing the expertise and personal guidance needed to arrive at a resolution that fits their unique situation.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
- Our competitors commonly boast that years of experience in dealing with the IRS is their prized attribute, making them experts at negotiating with the government. While Larson Tax Relief’s senior employees have 100+ years of combined experience in dealing with the IRS and state, we focus on other factors that play an equally important role in delivering a great result for our clients. First, is a focus on customer service centered around interacting with and educating our clients. Second is ensuring our employees are equipped mentally and emotionally to execute the tasks needed to provide a favorable result for our customers. By design, our corporate culture fosters happy, informed employees. Happy and well-informed employees deliver a better work product, period. Third, we place a heavy emphasis on growing and maintaining high moral and ethical standards in customer interaction and employee conduct, including advertising. Fourth, is licensing. Every client that hires our firm has a licensed Attorney or IRS Enrolled Agent working on their file, and communicating directly with them. We also provide federally licensed tax consultants for our prospective customers to speak with about their tax situation prior to hiring our firm. We are aware of only 1 other competing firm that upholds these standards.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Our services provide much-needed guidance and comfort to our customers, while our expertise in this area of practice provides the ability to navigate complex state and federal tax laws, policies and procedures. We are able to execute better resolutions than our competitors due to a very high level of involvement with our clients. Sizeable tax debts don’t show up overnight, and they can’t usually be fixed overnight either. When Larson employees focus on communication and collaboration with our clients, we are empowered to provide a result that is truly tailored to the customers’ needs and unique variables. Most of our competitors sell a “cookie-cutter” product, follow the same steps for every customer, and refer to their customers by their client ID number. We don’t number our clients, as Larson Tax Relief isn’t in the cattle business. Our clients have names, and we follow varying steps and procedures for each one in a commitment to achieve the unique resolution they need.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about Larson Tax Relief?
- The primary misconception consumers have about our firm is that the client themselves, or their local CPA will get the same result that we would. Customers commonly believe that we can’t do anything that they can’t, even in the face of over 30,000 pages of tax law and policy in the Internal Revenue Manual and Internal Revenue Code. IRS and State revenue officers are trained to be much nicer than they were in the past. By design, this gives the would-be customer the illusion that they are working with somebody who has their best interest at hand or is “on their side.” Often, the government employee provided to the taxpayer occupies a role that does not give them the authority to honor appeals or terms needed by the taxpayer. Taking guidance from a revenue agent, who has a job to collect the money as fast as they can, is often a treacherous path resulting in levied bank accounts and seized assets.
What are your company values?
- The Larson Tax Relief Mission Statement is that the company exists to provide its clients with the finest quality work and customer service in the tax resolution industry, delivered by a knowledgeable, compassionate, honest team of professionals.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
- We wish that potential customer of ours knew that every single client is extremely important to both our organization and our employees. Our full effort and expertise are exerted on every case-file. The person or company that owes $10,000 to the IRS receives the same treatment, effort and expert help as the client who owes $2 million in back taxes. We have every licensed tax professional work on both large and small dollar-amount cases, as a favorable result is equally important to clients in both situations!
Has Larson Tax Relief received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
- The company won the 2014 BBB Torch Award for Customer Service and was runner-up for the 2014 and 2015 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Trust & Ethics. The company has also been mentioned in The Denver Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, The Denver Post Top 100 Workplaces, the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 50 Family Owned Companies and the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 250 Privately Owned Companies for multiple years.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
- The most common misconceptions consumers have about our industry are that the IRS will negotiate or “bargain” with a taxpayer, similar to what you might see at a flea market or garage sale, that all tax negotiation firms are created equal and that it is common for the IRS to settle for ‘pennies on the dollar’ on back tax debt.
What is the greatest obstacle Larson Tax Relief is currently trying to overcome?
- Market saturation and sub-par work product from our competitors is the primary obstacle our company faces every day. Being lumped into a group with all of the other competitors in the “tax resolution industry” is not necessarily a good thing for our firm. Many consumers believe that tax resolution companies are just a scam, and they are partially correct. Our company, at last count, has 270 “competitors” nationwide that claim to do what we do. We estimate that fewer than 10 of these firms have the ethical standards, business model and expertise to deliver results that are equal to Larson Tax Relief. This number does not include individual CPAs and Attorneys who are often hired to fix back tax problems, regardless of the fact that most of them have very limited experience negotiating with government taxing authorities. We gain first-hand knowledge of the terrible work product provided by most competitors when we are hired to sort through and clean up the mess they had created for their client prior to hiring Larson Tax Relief. Often we find that they client was indeed ‘scammed.’
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- In the past 5-10 years we have seen the arrival of hundreds of new “competitors” that are increasingly less qualified, yet make even bigger promises of massive reductions in tax debt. Wild claims about “new government programs” and false promises pound TV and radio airwaves and other media outlets every day. Each month we hear of a dozen new companies that are starting up in our industry, and another dozen who are going out of business. Below, in our advice section, you will find that we advise that consumers looking for help research how long a company has been in business. This is why.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
- We hope that the federal government will pass legislation and regulations that will mandate and require licensing in order to provide tax advice, opinions or claims pertaining to the results of any back tax resolution. Should licensing be required, it would save thousands of consumers the financial and emotional heartache while falling victim to false claims and poor work product. A sub-par performance by a tax company often places the consumer in more trouble than they were in prior to hiring. Without any new federal regulations being passed, we fear that the industry will continue to be saturated by predatory companies headed up by under-qualified, unethical people making unsubstantiated claims while delivering little to no results to their customers. The government could actually help the consumer by passing some more stringent regulations that limit exactly who is allowed to give tax advice, and what they are allowed to say. Our licensed professionals are currently regulated in this manner, however, those at other firms who are not licensed can say just about anything without facing any consequences. For the consumers’ sake, we hope this changes.
How has Larson Tax Relief grown or evolved?
- Because of our reputation and great case results, our company has grown from three employees to over 80 in our 11 years in business. Larson Tax Relief focuses on keeping company growth in proportion with our number of clients, leaving no customer under-served. Beyond employee and client numbers increasing over the years, our firm has evolved in every area possible, from internal customer service requirements to our thriving corporate culture. The healthy growth of our progressive work environment and culture has been facilitated greatly by ownership providing positive psychology training as well as a third party executive coach who is available to all staff members. We have found that positive, effective and clear communication with clients and between employees is the key to achieving the stellar results and customer experience we pride ourselves on delivering.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
- We advise that any client seeking help with a back tax issue looks for the best help out there. Better help doesn’t mean that it is more expensive. Quite often, the least qualified firms quote the highest fees. It is advisable that any consumer looking for help should do at least 15 minutes of research on any firm they are considering. This sounds like a small amount of time, but a lot can be found out in a short amount of time. The difference between “adequate” and “great” help will have a substantial affect on your end result, and will likely affect the next 2-10 a customer’s personal life, even if the tax issue stems from a business. We encourage all consumers looking for help to perform some research that will provide information about a tax company’s number of years in business, licensed employees (will you ever talk to one?), customer reviews, and client references. If a company can provide very few positive reviews or references, and has been in business only a few years, we advise you move on and keep looking! There is great tax help out there, and it isn’t hard to find if you know what you are looking for.
Larson Tax Relief Company Profile