4.95/5
Based on 91 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Larson Tax Relief’s team of licensed professionals can help deliver immediate tax relief to you or your business. With over 11 years of experience and award-winning customer service, they guarantee you’ll be satisfied with their service and care. Larson’s team resolves back tax issues for a wide variety of unique situations and clientele. Call today to see how they can help you.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 18, 2018

188 Larson Tax Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

George ** and Destiny ** has been a great help with getting my situation resolved with my state taxes. I went through a lot of services trying to find the right fit for my state tax situation and was getting nowhere, but very frustrated and disappointed. Through my search, I came across Larson Financial and decided to give them a try. I was assigned to George and Destiny. George started my process and Destiny continued and followed through with contacting the state to the end to get payments set up at a reasonable amount and to make sure I was happy and the payments would be affordable for me. Thanks Larson Financial for your help.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I am one of those people who for a number of reasons had several years of unfiled tax returns and owed a significant amount of money to IRS. It would be fair to say I was paralyzed by the thought of what might happen once I owned up. I called Larson and over time worked the whole situation out. My contacts at Larson were professional and not judgmental, patient and really helped me solve my tax problem. I would recommend them highly to anyone who has tax issues.

Original review: April 11, 2018

A couple of years ago I made the decision to start-up my own business offering accounting services. I was very eager to pursue this, but unfortunately within months of establishing my LLC, I was diagnosed with a serious disease. My income is now limited to a part time job, and I became overwhelmed with the inability to pay my taxes. The cost of living weighed against my small monthly intake was incontestable. This is when I found Larson Tax Relief. I was a little more than hesitant to pursue help, as there are so many fraudulent companies out there who take your money and produce no results. I researched Larson and other companies, and after much homework decided to contact Larson.

From the onset, the staff has been not only been extremely professional, but showed compassion and true understanding of my dire situation. The start up process was very easy and so affordable!! And their response time to my inquiries was a plus. There were no delays in any filings, and within a short amount of time my case has been resolved. I would absolutely recommend Larson Tax Relief to anyone faced with tax burden. They relieved me of so much additional stress, and I can finally sleep at night again. My thanks to everyone at Larson for their caring, professional service.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Larson Tax Relief is easy to deal with. I used Larson Tax Relief for personal and business matter, they did a great job with both. Larson Tax Relief helped me make a payment plan with the IRS that I can afford. I would definitely recommend Larson Tax Relief to friends.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Emily ** listened to my concerns and suggestions. They are Genuine, Compassionate. Most of all they are thorough and competent. Both my business and personal tax issues were amicably resolved. They will remain on my case for a nominal fee to keep us on track. Grateful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Larson Tax Relief?

Original review: April 6, 2018

I had a great experience. Every question I had was answer so I could understand. When I called, the operator was always nice. George ** and Destiny ** was great. If I didn't reach them, they would always call back. I would definitely recommend a friend.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Our experience with Larson Financial was top notch. Everyone we worked with was professional and personable. They were competent and confident and made what could have been a very scary situation manageable. An enormous thanks to Leona ** and her staff for taking such good care of our company. I don't know where we would be without her experience and assurances that we were in good hands and in good standing with the IRS. Now we're on track to get our tax debt taken care of and our business is doing better than ever. THANK YOU!!!

Original review: April 3, 2018

Kristine ** and her associates at Larson Tax Relief provided exceptionally good service in dealing with different offices of the IRS to help organize our tax situation into something coherent and manageable. It is very helpful to have the assistance of someone well versed in all of the small details of these income tax matters, especially for some of us who do have accounting credentials and experience, but who lack patience and a constructive attitude when dealing with IRS. Larson Tax Relief, and Kristine ** specifically, have my strongest endorsement of their professional services.

Original review: March 27, 2018

George ** is a very knowledgeable and professional representative at Larson Tax Relief. He has been an attentive and understanding listener as I babble on in my limited knowledge of the tax process. Patiently he articulates in laymen terms, clarifying, suggesting or recommending the next step or best approach. He has a gentle manner that is neither condescending nor patronizing. I feel very comfortable leaving my IRS nightmare in his very capable hands. He takes time to keep me updated on the status of my case and has gone out of his way to assist my son with a 2016 issue. Overall, I am very happy with the service that Mr ** has provided and I will certainly recommend Larson Tax Relief to anybody in need of IRS resolution.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Larson Tax Relief provided excellent service for tax problems I had. They were extremely professional at all times. Kept me informed always and allowed me the option of calling anytime I had a question. I was extremely satisfied with the personal service I received from Ted **.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Excellent organization. Very candid & realistic with level setting expectations/outcome. The representative I worked with (Rich **) was very professional and competent. He was also very responsive and comprehensive in his thorough research and follow through. I was very pleased with the overall experience. They are not only good at what they do, they are also very easy to work with and equitable with their fees and when/how they are paid. I have actually used ** in a subsequent matter and he was just as effective and professional in the 2nd issue as well. In summary, a great company and Rich ** in particular was extraordinarily competent.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I vetted several tax relief agencies and am so grateful and relieved that I chose Larson Tax Relief. Compared to the others, Larson Tax Relief are legal tax professionals and not sales reps. The professionalism and legal tax counsel is apparent immediately when you speak to Lucas **, who is an actual tax attorney. Moreover, the cost of their tax services is surprisingly reasonable, and cost much less than the competitors who charge double or triple and play the discount game with you, making you think they’re doing you a favor, when in fact, they are not.

The competitors prey on your fears to get the sale, whereas Larson Tax Relief’s assuages them by listening, addressing and resolving your unique tax concerns, enabling you “peace of mind”. If you want entrusted and professional tax attorneys, client satisfaction, and “peace of mind”, I recommend that you choose Larson Tax Relief. And, if you’re as blessed as I am, you’ll be able to talk to Lucas **, and Leona ** will be your tax attorney. They are an incredible professional legal team.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I have been knowing Nathan ** for 2 years and he has always met my needs. He is a very important person to my personal and business needs. He always return my calls, emails and he assures me that he will do his best.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Emily has been fantastic! She worked diligently to help us recover some of our penalties and interest. She was always available to answer any question we might have. She made sure we were always up to date on what was happening with our case and advised us how to react or to respond. If asked, we would totally suggest Emily and Larson Tax Relief for help with their tax problems! Especially our friends who own small businesses.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We would like to give a big shout out to Larson Financial. Emily ** and her team, did an exceptional job at getting our company tax relief. If your company has ever experienced the anxiety that goes along with dealing in tax issues, you know it's not a fun place to be. Emily was very thorough and professional in her approach, explaining all our options and making recommendations on the best course of action. The thing we really appreciate, is she never left us hanging! Always prompt about returning phone calls and keeping us informed of the status of our case. Money well spent! Thanks again!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Unfortunately, taxes are things that we don’t like to deal with but Larson Tax Relief did an amazing job of making the process seamless and easy. They were very responsive and pleasant to deal with. They came to me via cold call and for some reason we hit it off. I’m glad I used them and would definitely recommend using them! Hire these professionals and you won’t be disappointed!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

By far this was a very pleasant experience dealing with Larson Financial and the crew. I had a huge assessment from EDD that was in the tens of thousands of dollars. And as some of us know, EDD can be more viscous than the FTB and IRS. With a brief explanation of the scene and some old dug up documentations I had on file, Larson financial helped me with an otherwise unconfrontable situation -- how to address the unthinking machine of tax collectors.

They seemed to systematically reach out to the proper posts in the right department and with an aplomb, got a $27,000 assessment down to a $324 penalty payment. I like those kind of numbers!! Great and helpful staff dealing with Michael ** and James ** who kept in touch with me during the entire process and answered any questions I had. I never met them in person but they sure felt like family to me in getting this situation fully under control. Thanks all!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Our company has been in business for over 20 years and for the past six years we have been working with Larson and two of their associates trying to resolve a very large and growing tax liability. For the past year we have worked exclusively with John ** trying to work out a settlement for a $1.3M plus interest IRS bill. With his help we have resolved the debt with a settlement for less than $1K per month. Yes you read it correctly and it is factual - the result is truly amazing and life changing.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Thanks to Larson Tax Relief, I was able to get my taxes back on track! Larson Tax Relief and the team that worked under Leona was exceptional at helping me get a payment plan, as well as get my tax liability dropped down to half the amount. I was always in the loop with my case and knew exactly what was being done ahead of time. I'm forever grateful for Leona and her team. I would highly recommend Larson Tax Relief to anyone in need of help. Great work! Professional and efficient employees.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I've received nothing but outstanding customer service from Ted. He was very helpful and informative. I'm very pleased with this company. I will recommend it to other people. Ted was very polite and kind. He talked to me as person not a number. Thank you for everything.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Larson (John **) was excellent in removing a tax judgment against me with NYS. I was living overseas during the tax period in question. He was persistent and quite thorough in his pursuit of relief. An excellent job, Larson was superb!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

A year and a half ago I started digging out of the hole I had dug for myself with the IRS. I was unemployed for a period of time, one thing lead to another, I got behind on my taxes, and lived in constant fear of arrest and garnishment by the IRS. I was also a victim of an IRS scam. I was in over my head, lived in constant fear, but wanted to do the right thing, just didn't know how. I hired Larson to help me resolve my situation. They added tremendous value and were worth the money (which says a lot in my situation). I am now working full time and could not sit on the phone for hours trying to interpret what the IRS was demanding.

My representative form Larson understood the ins and outs of the IRS and was able to negotiate a payment plan for me that is manageable. My rep was knowledgeable, professional, and responsive.I could not have done it on my own. I receive so much conflicting info from the IRS and Larson is able to cut through it and responded so I stay on track. I highly recommend Larson Financial if you want to resolve your tax debt.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Larson Tax Relief is the best. We used them for both personal and business taxes. We worked with Michael and his assistant. They were great, and walked us through the whole process. They helped with a stressful situation and turned it positive. I will recommend him and the company to everyone I know. Thank you, Mike.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I hired Larson financial after trying to deal with the IRS on my own for approximately 4 months. I was a nervous wreck and could no longer stand the stress of an audit and my husband's death. They worked with me and got all the necessary paperwork and everything worked out Great! Well worth the Fee! They helped me a lot.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I hired Larson in 2011 to help us handle an issue with the IRS and State Tax Department. Rich ** and the team at Larson were terrific throughout and helped us settle the matter effectively by 2012 and we were able to move forward with our business. Additionally, I recently called Rich because although the matter was settled and recently paid off in full, we were having trouble with the getting financial institutions to look past the hiccup. Rich remembered me and the situation and wrote an outstanding letter which satisfied the banks and got us to the finish line. I can't thank Rich and Larson enough for their care and diligence to us personally and their overall professionalism in their work. Thank you Rich and Team Larson!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I have experienced impeccable service, and guidance along the way through this process. The team has been helpful, informational and very responsive in communication needs. I'm grateful to have the support alongside of me as I navigate through this.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Rick was amazing! He took on my case and had gotten me all caught up on my filing from back in 2009 until 2016. He was able to get a hold on my IRS Tax Liens and work out a payment plan with them. He was so detailed and explained everything to me each time he spoke to the IRS. He set up a great payment arrangement as well with Larson Financial for one that met my budget. I would recommend Rick to anyone who is clueless about IRS issues and who is scared to deal with it on their own. His knowledge and professionalism goes way above and beyond what I could have ever expected. Thank you so much for your patience with me and helping to me to rebuild my life and clear up my IRS situation.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Sought services from Larson Tax Relief; connected to Ted **, attorney and tax specialist, to negotiate with IRS on my behalf. Ted was patient, committed to provide the best advice and was diligent in his follow-up with me and the IRS.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I am a small business owner, due to a rough couple years and losses in my family I was hit with an unexpected tax payment while I was paying back my initial capital investment. Experts at Larson financial greatly helped me keep this process seamless and help stagger my payments to where it was manageable! The stress I was going through is gone I will not use anyone but Larson! Thank the good lord!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Working with Richard ** was such a pleasure. Great customer services skills, prompt returning of phone calls, emails, and always kept me in the loop with updates and statuses. Richard is an outstanding asset to Larson Financial. Always professional and courteous.

Larson Tax Relief expert review by Andrew Poulos

Founded in 2005, Larson Tax Relief represents clients in all 50 states. They specialize in helping businesses and individuals who are behind on their taxes and/or who have past-due tax filings and returns at both the state and federal level.

• Spectrum of clients: Larson Tax Relief helps all types of clients, including small businesses, large businesses, individuals, religious organizations and nonprofit organizations.

• Emergency tax relief: Larson Tax Relief works fast to get their clients immediate relief from collectors, garnished wages and levied accounts. They will then work on developing a long-term solution to make sure their clients have the breathing room they need to pay the amount they owe on their taxes.

• Nationwide tax relief: Larson Tax Relief is headquartered in Colorado, but they represent clients in all 50 states. Find your local toll free number on their website.

• Free consultation: Call Larson Tax Relief for a free consultation to find out how they can help you settle your federal or state tax problems.

• Real-world experience: Many of Larson Tax Relief’s attorneys have business experience, so they understand business taxes first-hand. Some are business owners, which gives them additional insight into understanding business taxes.

• Best for: Larson Tax Relief is best for businesses and individuals who need tax relief.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos

Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Larson Tax Relief questions and answers

What problem is Larson Tax Relief trying to solve?
Businesses and Individuals who owe back taxes to IRS and state taxing authorities are facing the daunting task of getting a solution that actually works for them. We work diligently to alleviate the financial and emotional pressures that come with these debts while providing the expertise and personal guidance needed to arrive at a resolution that fits their unique situation.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
Our competitors commonly boast that years of experience in dealing with the IRS is their prized attribute, making them experts at negotiating with the government. While Larson Tax Relief’s senior employees have 100+ years of combined experience in dealing with the IRS and state, we focus on other factors that play an equally important role in delivering a great result for our clients. First, is a focus on customer service centered around interacting with and educating our clients. Second is ensuring our employees are equipped mentally and emotionally to execute the tasks needed to provide a favorable result for our customers. By design, our corporate culture fosters happy, informed employees. Happy and well-informed employees deliver a better work product, period. Third, we place a heavy emphasis on growing and maintaining high moral and ethical standards in customer interaction and employee conduct, including advertising. Fourth, is licensing. Every client that hires our firm has a licensed Attorney or IRS Enrolled Agent working on their file, and communicating directly with them. We also provide federally licensed tax consultants for our prospective customers to speak with about their tax situation prior to hiring our firm. We are aware of only 1 other competing firm that upholds these standards.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our services provide much-needed guidance and comfort to our customers, while our expertise in this area of practice provides the ability to navigate complex state and federal tax laws, policies and procedures. We are able to execute better resolutions than our competitors due to a very high level of involvement with our clients. Sizeable tax debts don’t show up overnight, and they can’t usually be fixed overnight either. When Larson employees focus on communication and collaboration with our clients, we are empowered to provide a result that is truly tailored to the customers’ needs and unique variables. Most of our competitors sell a “cookie-cutter” product, follow the same steps for every customer, and refer to their customers by their client ID number. We don’t number our clients, as Larson Tax Relief isn’t in the cattle business. Our clients have names, and we follow varying steps and procedures for each one in a commitment to achieve the unique resolution they need.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about Larson Tax Relief?
The primary misconception consumers have about our firm is that the client themselves, or their local CPA will get the same result that we would. Customers commonly believe that we can’t do anything that they can’t, even in the face of over 30,000 pages of tax law and policy in the Internal Revenue Manual and Internal Revenue Code. IRS and State revenue officers are trained to be much nicer than they were in the past. By design, this gives the would-be customer the illusion that they are working with somebody who has their best interest at hand or is “on their side.” Often, the government employee provided to the taxpayer occupies a role that does not give them the authority to honor appeals or terms needed by the taxpayer. Taking guidance from a revenue agent, who has a job to collect the money as fast as they can, is often a treacherous path resulting in levied bank accounts and seized assets.
What are your company values?
The Larson Tax Relief Mission Statement is that the company exists to provide its clients with the finest quality work and customer service in the tax resolution industry, delivered by a knowledgeable, compassionate, honest team of professionals.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
We wish that potential customer of ours knew that every single client is extremely important to both our organization and our employees. Our full effort and expertise are exerted on every case-file. The person or company that owes $10,000 to the IRS receives the same treatment, effort and expert help as the client who owes $2 million in back taxes. We have every licensed tax professional work on both large and small dollar-amount cases, as a favorable result is equally important to clients in both situations!
Has Larson Tax Relief received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
The company won the 2014 BBB Torch Award for Customer Service and was runner-up for the 2014 and 2015 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Trust & Ethics. The company has also been mentioned in The Denver Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, The Denver Post Top 100 Workplaces, the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 50 Family Owned Companies and the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 250 Privately Owned Companies for multiple years.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The most common misconceptions consumers have about our industry are that the IRS will negotiate or “bargain” with a taxpayer, similar to what you might see at a flea market or garage sale, that all tax negotiation firms are created equal and that it is common for the IRS to settle for ‘pennies on the dollar’ on back tax debt.
What is the greatest obstacle Larson Tax Relief is currently trying to overcome?
Market saturation and sub-par work product from our competitors is the primary obstacle our company faces every day. Being lumped into a group with all of the other competitors in the “tax resolution industry” is not necessarily a good thing for our firm. Many consumers believe that tax resolution companies are just a scam, and they are partially correct. Our company, at last count, has 270 “competitors” nationwide that claim to do what we do. We estimate that fewer than 10 of these firms have the ethical standards, business model and expertise to deliver results that are equal to Larson Tax Relief. This number does not include individual CPAs and Attorneys who are often hired to fix back tax problems, regardless of the fact that most of them have very limited experience negotiating with government taxing authorities. We gain first-hand knowledge of the terrible work product provided by most competitors when we are hired to sort through and clean up the mess they had created for their client prior to hiring Larson Tax Relief. Often we find that they client was indeed ‘scammed.’
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have seen the arrival of hundreds of new “competitors” that are increasingly less qualified, yet make even bigger promises of massive reductions in tax debt. Wild claims about “new government programs” and false promises pound TV and radio airwaves and other media outlets every day. Each month we hear of a dozen new companies that are starting up in our industry, and another dozen who are going out of business. Below, in our advice section, you will find that we advise that consumers looking for help research how long a company has been in business. This is why.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
We hope that the federal government will pass legislation and regulations that will mandate and require licensing in order to provide tax advice, opinions or claims pertaining to the results of any back tax resolution. Should licensing be required, it would save thousands of consumers the financial and emotional heartache while falling victim to false claims and poor work product. A sub-par performance by a tax company often places the consumer in more trouble than they were in prior to hiring. Without any new federal regulations being passed, we fear that the industry will continue to be saturated by predatory companies headed up by under-qualified, unethical people making unsubstantiated claims while delivering little to no results to their customers. The government could actually help the consumer by passing some more stringent regulations that limit exactly who is allowed to give tax advice, and what they are allowed to say. Our licensed professionals are currently regulated in this manner, however, those at other firms who are not licensed can say just about anything without facing any consequences. For the consumers’ sake, we hope this changes.
How has Larson Tax Relief grown or evolved?
Because of our reputation and great case results, our company has grown from three employees to over 85 in our 13 years in business. Larson Tax Relief focuses on keeping company growth in proportion with our number of clients, leaving no customer under-served. Beyond employee and client numbers increasing over the years, our firm has evolved in every area possible, from internal customer service requirements to our thriving corporate culture. The healthy growth of our progressive work environment and culture has been facilitated greatly by ownership providing positive psychology training as well as a third party executive coach who is available to all staff members. We have found that positive, effective and clear communication with clients and between employees is the key to achieving the stellar results and customer experience we pride ourselves on delivering.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
We advise that any client seeking help with a back tax issue looks for the best help out there. Better help doesn’t mean that it is more expensive. Quite often, the least qualified firms quote the highest fees. It is advisable that any consumer looking for help should do at least 15 minutes of research on any firm they are considering. This sounds like a small amount of time, but a lot can be found out in a short amount of time. The difference between “adequate” and “great” help will have a substantial affect on your end result, and will likely affect the next 2-10 a customer’s personal life, even if the tax issue stems from a business. We encourage all consumers looking for help to perform some research that will provide information about a tax company’s number of years in business, licensed employees (will you ever talk to one?), customer reviews, and client references. If a company can provide very few positive reviews or references, and has been in business only a few years, we advise you move on and keep looking! There is great tax help out there, and it isn’t hard to find if you know what you are looking for.

Larson Tax Relief Company Information