4.93/5
Based on 91 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Larson Tax Relief’s team of licensed professionals can help deliver immediate tax relief to you or your business. With over 11 years of experience and award-winning customer service, they guarantee you’ll be satisfied with their service and care. Larson’s team resolves back tax issues for a wide variety of unique situations and clientele. Call today to see how they can help you.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 7, 2018

171 Larson Tax Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Unfortunately, taxes are things that we don’t like to deal with but Larson Tax Relief did an amazing job of making the process seamless and easy. They were very responsive and pleasant to deal with. They came to me via cold call and for some reason we hit it off. I’m glad I used them and would definitely recommend using them! Hire these professionals and you won’t be disappointed!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

By far this was a very pleasant experience dealing with Larson Financial and the crew. I had a huge assessment from EDD that was in the tens of thousands of dollars. And as some of us know, EDD can be more viscous than the FTB and IRS. With a brief explanation of the scene and some old dug up documentations I had on file, Larson financial helped me with an otherwise unconfrontable situation -- how to address the unthinking machine of tax collectors.

They seemed to systematically reach out to the proper posts in the right department and with an aplomb, got a $27,000 assessment down to a $324 penalty payment. I like those kind of numbers!! Great and helpful staff dealing with Michael ** and James ** who kept in touch with me during the entire process and answered any questions I had. I never met them in person but they sure felt like family to me in getting this situation fully under control. Thanks all!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Our company has been in business for over 20 years and for the past six years we have been working with Larson and two of their associates trying to resolve a very large and growing tax liability. For the past year we have worked exclusively with John ** trying to work out a settlement for a $1.3M plus interest IRS bill. With his help we have resolved the debt with a settlement for less than $1K per month. Yes you read it correctly and it is factual - the result is truly amazing and life changing.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Thanks to Larson Tax Relief, I was able to get my taxes back on track! Larson Tax Relief and the team that worked under Leona was exceptional at helping me get a payment plan, as well as get my tax liability dropped down to half the amount. I was always in the loop with my case and knew exactly what was being done ahead of time. I'm forever grateful for Leona and her team. I would highly recommend Larson Tax Relief to anyone in need of help. Great work! Professional and efficient employees.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I've received nothing but outstanding customer service from Ted. He was very helpful and informative. I'm very pleased with this company. I will recommend it to other people. Ted was very polite and kind. He talked to me as person not a number. Thank you for everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Larson Tax Relief?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Larson (John **) was excellent in removing a tax judgment against me with NYS. I was living overseas during the tax period in question. He was persistent and quite thorough in his pursuit of relief. An excellent job, Larson was superb!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

A year and a half ago I started digging out of the hole I had dug for myself with the IRS. I was unemployed for a period of time, one thing lead to another, I got behind on my taxes, and lived in constant fear of arrest and garnishment by the IRS. I was also a victim of an IRS scam. I was in over my head, lived in constant fear, but wanted to do the right thing, just didn't know how. I hired Larson to help me resolve my situation. They added tremendous value and were worth the money (which says a lot in my situation). I am now working full time and could not sit on the phone for hours trying to interpret what the IRS was demanding.

My representative form Larson understood the ins and outs of the IRS and was able to negotiate a payment plan for me that is manageable. My rep was knowledgeable, professional, and responsive.I could not have done it on my own. I receive so much conflicting info from the IRS and Larson is able to cut through it and responded so I stay on track. I highly recommend Larson Financial if you want to resolve your tax debt.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Larson Tax Relief is the best. We used them for both personal and business taxes. We worked with Michael and his assistant. They were great, and walked us through the whole process. They helped with a stressful situation and turned it positive. I will recommend him and the company to everyone I know. Thank you, Mike.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I hired Larson financial after trying to deal with the IRS on my own for approximately 4 months. I was a nervous wreck and could no longer stand the stress of an audit and my husband's death. They worked with me and got all the necessary paperwork and everything worked out Great! Well worth the Fee! They helped me a lot.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I hired Larson in 2011 to help us handle an issue with the IRS and State Tax Department. Rich ** and the team at Larson were terrific throughout and helped us settle the matter effectively by 2012 and we were able to move forward with our business. Additionally, I recently called Rich because although the matter was settled and recently paid off in full, we were having trouble with the getting financial institutions to look past the hiccup. Rich remembered me and the situation and wrote an outstanding letter which satisfied the banks and got us to the finish line. I can't thank Rich and Larson enough for their care and diligence to us personally and their overall professionalism in their work. Thank you Rich and Team Larson!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I have experienced impeccable service, and guidance along the way through this process. The team has been helpful, informational and very responsive in communication needs. I'm grateful to have the support alongside of me as I navigate through this.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Rick was amazing! He took on my case and had gotten me all caught up on my filing from back in 2009 until 2016. He was able to get a hold on my IRS Tax Liens and work out a payment plan with them. He was so detailed and explained everything to me each time he spoke to the IRS. He set up a great payment arrangement as well with Larson Financial for one that met my budget. I would recommend Rick to anyone who is clueless about IRS issues and who is scared to deal with it on their own. His knowledge and professionalism goes way above and beyond what I could have ever expected. Thank you so much for your patience with me and helping to me to rebuild my life and clear up my IRS situation.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Sought services from Larson Tax Relief; connected to Ted **, attorney and tax specialist, to negotiate with IRS on my behalf. Ted was patient, committed to provide the best advice and was diligent in his follow-up with me and the IRS.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I am a small business owner, due to a rough couple years and losses in my family I was hit with an unexpected tax payment while I was paying back my initial capital investment. Experts at Larson financial greatly helped me keep this process seamless and help stagger my payments to where it was manageable! The stress I was going through is gone I will not use anyone but Larson! Thank the good lord!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Working with Richard ** was such a pleasure. Great customer services skills, prompt returning of phone calls, emails, and always kept me in the loop with updates and statuses. Richard is an outstanding asset to Larson Financial. Always professional and courteous.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

We had sadly paid another firm and were basically ripped off so we were very leery to hire another out of state firm. The minute we started speaking to Larson Financial we started feeling as though it was firm we could trust. Their response time was almost instant. The whole process took very little of my time and was complete in 30 days. We received confirmation from the IRS and would recommend this firm to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

We are very happy with the results we have gotten thru Larson regarding their services, etc. They were always around for questions, and/or would make time for you so you felt comfortable and taken care of. Mike and Nathan are a great team and they have helped us out tremendously!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Erin was amazing at taking care of my tax issues & making me feel like I wasn't alone in the mess my ex had created. She was always kind, professional & very helpful. I was wary of using any tax help service, since so many are bad, so I was very happy I found Larson Tax Relief. They are the real deal!! I highly recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I have had a great experience with Larson Financial. Everyone I have talked to has been very nice and extremely helpful. I have been able to contact and ask questions whenever needed with quick and thorough responses. They were all a great full and were able to handle what I needed. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I am very pleased with the work Larson Tax Relief did on resolving my income tax issues. They presently an Offer in Compromise amount to the IRS for the huge amount I owed. Resolved in a timely manner. I highly recommend their services.

Resolution response: Dec. 29, 2017

"Larson ended up working with us to make sure we were satisfied with the overall cost of the service. And Thanks out to Ron ** & Lucas ** who handled this personally." -- Rick and Wanda w/Floodbusters.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

This is to let you know how UNHAPPY I am with the outcome of the deal I was made to believe I had to sign with the IRS. First we spent a lot of money when we made agreement with your salesman that solicited us for $2,900. Making me believe that everything would be resolved. But have had to pay more money every couple months, with no fair or acceptable resolution to my tax problems. Second there was a problem with a deal offer made for $100. [Which was acceptable], a month for 60 months. I am now told it did not go thru for some reason. Debbie said as long as we paid current taxes on time there should not be a problem and you all would hold them to their deal. But now Debbie has left the firm.

So again I had to send paperwork all over again, and I was dealing with John. He came back with a deal for over $500 a month. I was in the middle of my work day and not able to completely focus on what was happening except he said it was the best deal for me and I had to sign the deal or the IRS would levy my assets that I had no choice but to sign. Trusting he had my best interest at heart I signed.

The deal John had me sign was for the full amount I owed which is mostly penalties and late fees. And now owe more than when we started. I could have made that deal with the IRS before I even knew your company. I cannot afford the deal set up. Therefore I have no choice but to hire another Tax Attorney that is going to cost me this money all over again. At this time I am respectfully asking for my money to be refunded since you all apparently didn’t do anything I couldn’t have done myself.

Larson Tax Relief response

We at Larson are thrilled we were able to make our client happy with the results and with our service fee after all.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

John ** is a man of high integrity. He means what he says. He does what he says he'll do. I was indignant several times being overwhelmed, he calmed my heart. I fell 25 ft June 2016 broke 5 disc in neck and 1st vertebra lost my company. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Larson did a fantastic job. Came to a more than agreeable resolution. Kept me informed. I am beyond happy with them. Jacob especially was helpful. The resolution agreed upon was better than I expected. I would recommend them to anyone. I have dealt with other companies and they were not professional.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Rich ** called and explained the process to me and then proceeded to communicate with three IRS. Within a few days of getting all the documentation from me he came back with a resolution. I appreciate the quickness with which the matter was resolved.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

All I can say is Wow!! This team is really good at what they do. We owed the state of MD $11,600 for state taxes for a time period that I didn't even live there. So I tried for months working with them directly with ZERO success. I made one call and talk to a manager and they set me up with Veronica and she was awesome. She got all of the info, explained the process and walked me through all of the steps.

Veronica was very professional but more important to me to was friendly and has a great sense of humor. And that hard dealing with any tax issues. Veronica was very good about communicating with me and took the time to explain everything to me. Im former Military and Law Enforcement so you know that Im very reluctant to use any of these services because of all of the scams that are out there. But I will tell you that Veronica and her team saved us over $11,200. We only paid $446 to the State of Maryland! What a huge saving. Thank you so much Veronica and your team. Y'all sure helped out this out Veteran and his family. God Bless!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I was very unsure of using "another" tax relief company, due to the fact that the first one I used completely ripped me off. Charged me over $4,000.00 and never helped me in any real way. When I called Larson, they reassured me that the price they quoted me was the price I would pay. Within 2 weeks of contacting Larson, there was an agreement struck with the IRS. No wage garnishments or anything. I am so glad I went with Larson, and I wish I would have used them several years ago.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Excellent experience and money well spent towards resolving my outstanding tax debt issue. The experts at Larson have the knowledge and skills to deal with the IRS strategically. The results they achieved for me were nothing short of miraculous. Of my outstanding debt of over $100,000; I paid nothing.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

When I got in trouble with the IRS with back taxes I was being inundated with phone calls and letters from Tax Attorneys. For some reason, when the call came in from Larson Financial, I answered it. I normally don't answer unknown numbers. But I did and I am so glad that I did. The male voice on the line made me feel so comfortable and he had MR. MICHAEL ** to call me. After speaking with Mr. ** and his ASSISTANT AMANDA ** they informed me on what all I had to do. They helped me to get in a position so I could pay off my tax lien. I am so grateful to both of them. They were very professional in every correspondence. I would refer this firm and Michael ** and Amanda ** to do the job. Thanks again and Have A Blessed Day.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

There was no judgement only practical solutions offered and agreed to. Once a working agreement was completed, my attitude and anxiety about my situation completely changed. I really felt that I truly had an advocate who really understood my situation and provided me with several possibilities in resolving my obligation.

In the end, when all agreements were signed and delivered, I found it easier than going to an accountant to file taxes, even if the accountant was an Enrolled Agent. I am more than satisfied with my agreement with the IRS to take care of my obligation to the government. The team at Larson is extremely professional and friendly, I felt they actually cared about my situation and really wanted to help, instead of having to help by being under contract with me.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Chris ** was the gentlemen I worked with. He was so patient and was always available to me. He explained the whole process and made sure I understood everything. I'm so glad I reached out to Larson Tax Relief. It's truly a relief. I would recommend anyone to them... Thank you so much for everything.

Larson Tax Relief questions and answers

What problem is Larson Tax Relief trying to solve?
Businesses and Individuals who owe back taxes to IRS and state taxing authorities are facing the daunting task of getting a solution that actually works for them. We work diligently to alleviate the financial and emotional pressures that come with these debts while providing the expertise and personal guidance needed to arrive at a resolution that fits their unique situation.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
Our competitors commonly boast that years of experience in dealing with the IRS is their prized attribute, making them experts at negotiating with the government. While Larson Tax Relief’s senior employees have 100+ years of combined experience in dealing with the IRS and state, we focus on other factors that play an equally important role in delivering a great result for our clients. First, is a focus on customer service centered around interacting with and educating our clients. Second is ensuring our employees are equipped mentally and emotionally to execute the tasks needed to provide a favorable result for our customers. By design, our corporate culture fosters happy, informed employees. Happy and well-informed employees deliver a better work product, period. Third, we place a heavy emphasis on growing and maintaining high moral and ethical standards in customer interaction and employee conduct, including advertising. Fourth, is licensing. Every client that hires our firm has a licensed Attorney or IRS Enrolled Agent working on their file, and communicating directly with them. We also provide federally licensed tax consultants for our prospective customers to speak with about their tax situation prior to hiring our firm. We are aware of only 1 other competing firm that upholds these standards.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our services provide much-needed guidance and comfort to our customers, while our expertise in this area of practice provides the ability to navigate complex state and federal tax laws, policies and procedures. We are able to execute better resolutions than our competitors due to a very high level of involvement with our clients. Sizeable tax debts don’t show up overnight, and they can’t usually be fixed overnight either. When Larson employees focus on communication and collaboration with our clients, we are empowered to provide a result that is truly tailored to the customers’ needs and unique variables. Most of our competitors sell a “cookie-cutter” product, follow the same steps for every customer, and refer to their customers by their client ID number. We don’t number our clients, as Larson Tax Relief isn’t in the cattle business. Our clients have names, and we follow varying steps and procedures for each one in a commitment to achieve the unique resolution they need.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about Larson Tax Relief?
The primary misconception consumers have about our firm is that the client themselves, or their local CPA will get the same result that we would. Customers commonly believe that we can’t do anything that they can’t, even in the face of over 30,000 pages of tax law and policy in the Internal Revenue Manual and Internal Revenue Code. IRS and State revenue officers are trained to be much nicer than they were in the past. By design, this gives the would-be customer the illusion that they are working with somebody who has their best interest at hand or is “on their side.” Often, the government employee provided to the taxpayer occupies a role that does not give them the authority to honor appeals or terms needed by the taxpayer. Taking guidance from a revenue agent, who has a job to collect the money as fast as they can, is often a treacherous path resulting in levied bank accounts and seized assets.
What are your company values?
The Larson Tax Relief Mission Statement is that the company exists to provide its clients with the finest quality work and customer service in the tax resolution industry, delivered by a knowledgeable, compassionate, honest team of professionals.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
We wish that potential customer of ours knew that every single client is extremely important to both our organization and our employees. Our full effort and expertise are exerted on every case-file. The person or company that owes $10,000 to the IRS receives the same treatment, effort and expert help as the client who owes $2 million in back taxes. We have every licensed tax professional work on both large and small dollar-amount cases, as a favorable result is equally important to clients in both situations!
Has Larson Tax Relief received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
The company won the 2014 BBB Torch Award for Customer Service and was runner-up for the 2014 and 2015 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Trust & Ethics. The company has also been mentioned in The Denver Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, The Denver Post Top 100 Workplaces, the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 50 Family Owned Companies and the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 250 Privately Owned Companies for multiple years.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The most common misconceptions consumers have about our industry are that the IRS will negotiate or “bargain” with a taxpayer, similar to what you might see at a flea market or garage sale, that all tax negotiation firms are created equal and that it is common for the IRS to settle for ‘pennies on the dollar’ on back tax debt.
What is the greatest obstacle Larson Tax Relief is currently trying to overcome?
Market saturation and sub-par work product from our competitors is the primary obstacle our company faces every day. Being lumped into a group with all of the other competitors in the “tax resolution industry” is not necessarily a good thing for our firm. Many consumers believe that tax resolution companies are just a scam, and they are partially correct. Our company, at last count, has 270 “competitors” nationwide that claim to do what we do. We estimate that fewer than 10 of these firms have the ethical standards, business model and expertise to deliver results that are equal to Larson Tax Relief. This number does not include individual CPAs and Attorneys who are often hired to fix back tax problems, regardless of the fact that most of them have very limited experience negotiating with government taxing authorities. We gain first-hand knowledge of the terrible work product provided by most competitors when we are hired to sort through and clean up the mess they had created for their client prior to hiring Larson Tax Relief. Often we find that they client was indeed ‘scammed.’
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have seen the arrival of hundreds of new “competitors” that are increasingly less qualified, yet make even bigger promises of massive reductions in tax debt. Wild claims about “new government programs” and false promises pound TV and radio airwaves and other media outlets every day. Each month we hear of a dozen new companies that are starting up in our industry, and another dozen who are going out of business. Below, in our advice section, you will find that we advise that consumers looking for help research how long a company has been in business. This is why.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
We hope that the federal government will pass legislation and regulations that will mandate and require licensing in order to provide tax advice, opinions or claims pertaining to the results of any back tax resolution. Should licensing be required, it would save thousands of consumers the financial and emotional heartache while falling victim to false claims and poor work product. A sub-par performance by a tax company often places the consumer in more trouble than they were in prior to hiring. Without any new federal regulations being passed, we fear that the industry will continue to be saturated by predatory companies headed up by under-qualified, unethical people making unsubstantiated claims while delivering little to no results to their customers. The government could actually help the consumer by passing some more stringent regulations that limit exactly who is allowed to give tax advice, and what they are allowed to say. Our licensed professionals are currently regulated in this manner, however, those at other firms who are not licensed can say just about anything without facing any consequences. For the consumers’ sake, we hope this changes.
How has Larson Tax Relief grown or evolved?
Because of our reputation and great case results, our company has grown from three employees to over 85 in our 13 years in business. Larson Tax Relief focuses on keeping company growth in proportion with our number of clients, leaving no customer under-served. Beyond employee and client numbers increasing over the years, our firm has evolved in every area possible, from internal customer service requirements to our thriving corporate culture. The healthy growth of our progressive work environment and culture has been facilitated greatly by ownership providing positive psychology training as well as a third party executive coach who is available to all staff members. We have found that positive, effective and clear communication with clients and between employees is the key to achieving the stellar results and customer experience we pride ourselves on delivering.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
We advise that any client seeking help with a back tax issue looks for the best help out there. Better help doesn’t mean that it is more expensive. Quite often, the least qualified firms quote the highest fees. It is advisable that any consumer looking for help should do at least 15 minutes of research on any firm they are considering. This sounds like a small amount of time, but a lot can be found out in a short amount of time. The difference between “adequate” and “great” help will have a substantial affect on your end result, and will likely affect the next 2-10 a customer’s personal life, even if the tax issue stems from a business. We encourage all consumers looking for help to perform some research that will provide information about a tax company’s number of years in business, licensed employees (will you ever talk to one?), customer reviews, and client references. If a company can provide very few positive reviews or references, and has been in business only a few years, we advise you move on and keep looking! There is great tax help out there, and it isn’t hard to find if you know what you are looking for.

Larson Tax Relief Company Information

consumeraffairs.larsontaxrelief.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use