Call toll free
4.96/5
Based on 89 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Larson Tax Relief’s team of licensed professionals can help deliver immediate tax relief to you or your business. With over 11 years of experience and award-winning customer service, they guarantee you’ll be satisfied with their service and care. Larson’s team resolves back tax issues for a wide variety of unique situations and clientele. Call today to see how they can help you.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

209 Larson Tax Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Michael ** and Nathan ** has been working on defending my tax issues for a very long time and have been keeping the tax authorities at bay in every way possible. Last week, a very large IRS tax levy hit two of my business accounts and through diligence, finesse and ingenuity, Michael was able to fully reverse both tax levies. His efforts have made the difference between staying in business and having to close my law practice of 18 years. He saved the jobs of my staff and my license to practice in the process. I cannot possible say enough to express my gratitude. I truly appreciative Michael and the whole Larson team. I have other companies try to take my business away all the time and I tell them to stop calling me and that I have my tax issues thoroughly covered. Thanks again Michael. You are a tax issue wizard in my opinion.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2018

My name is Lorena ** and I have had the experience with Larson financial to take care of an old tax debt that was over 20 years old. I found the team at Larson Financial Randi ** and her assistant Megan Are very knowledgeable, professional, always reaching out and updating me every step of the way. I have to say with great pleasure I would recommend them to anyone who is going through a very stressful time dealing with issues that are the most uncomfortable and frightening. I can’t thank Larson Financial enough for resolving my case with the efficiency and professionalism that we would only hope to gain from a company. Thank you again. I’m very grateful.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Leona ** and her team have given me exceptional service over the last four years dealing with my IRS tax issues. She has faithfully represented my interests with the IRS, negotiating a huge reduction in my tax liabilities and setting me up in a manageable repayment program. Ms. ** and her team have also been very responsive to my requests and questions, giving me timely answers that not only cleared things up for me but also reduced my anxiety with regards to the IRS. Finally, the billing for Larson's services has been fair and flexible. Thank you so much! Without you, I most likely would have lost my house!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have never heard of a money back guarantee with an attorney. They tried very hard to help but were unable to. Our situation was normal or I feel they would have succeeded. They 100% refunded the retainer. Unheard of!!! You have nothing to lose.

Original review: July 10, 2018

For all of the period of taking care of my situation I was in touch with only 1 person (Galen) - that helps a lot. He allows you to talk, he listens. That helps a lot. He follows all of the conclusions that been reached at the end on the conversation. He follows the promises. He understands your dire straits that you might be in. He will not pressurize you with immediate payment and will be more focused on achieving best results for you - to help and protect you. All those qualities are very valuable among people and in any kind of business. My experience with Larson Tax relief is based on contact with Galen. And he represented excellent face of this company. Thank you very much! Without any doubts recommending this company to anyone who might have trouble with Revenue office - you can trust Larson!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Larson Tax Relief?

Original review: June 29, 2018

While reviewing many solicitations received for assistance with tax liens. Larson Financial appeared and I spoke with a gentleman named Bo **. He was polite and patient, but direct and was able to address many of my immediate concerns/questions. John ** was the Attorney assigned to our case, him and his team worked diligently toward achieving as much tax relief as possible for our organization and throughout the process unbeknownst to them, assisted us in becoming more intentional as an organization and improve our internal processes, including communication strategies. Throughout the process John ** and Nicole ** were professional, courteous, efficient, highly cooperative and patient with our organization as we navigated a challenging period. We are eternally grateful for their expertise.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I just want to say for All Your Tax needs!!! Please consider Larson Tax Relief!!! They are the Best!!! Betty and Leona are very professional and make sure you understand the process. Know Larson Tax Relief I appreciate you very much!~ Thank You So Much For Getting my payment arrangement so low!!!

Original review: June 28, 2018

After failing to file my taxes for a number of years, I was sent very intimidating letters from the IRS. I researched quality tax assistance via Tom Martino's referral list, Larson is on that list. After talking to them and meeting with them I know why they are on the list. They helped me get my situation under control, they dealt with the IRS, they got me on a workable payment plan and helped reduce some of the penalties I had acquired over the years of not filing. If you have issues with the IRS, please contact Larson and let real professionals help you solve the problem.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I was referred to Emily thru a family member. I was uncertain how things were going to turn out for me. Emily has guided me thru with process with kindness, understanding and professionalism. I have not been the easiest client to work with, but Emily has so much patience and understanding that she was able to walk me thru the process and helped to educate me along the way. I can't say enough about how grateful I am to have had her working for me with resolving my issues with the IRS. Thank you so much Emily.

Original review: June 5, 2018

My experience was enjoyable and seamless working with the Larson Financial firm. Randi **, E.A. Senior Associate, kept consistent, open, and clear communication regarding my account. Randi also broke down information in a simplified manner that made understanding the process with the IRS much more comfortable moving forward. I was asked to keep the case open should any issues arise with the IRS, but I decided to decline, should any concerns come about I would happily return to Larson Financial. Thank you for your time and efforts, I was delighted with the outcome and would recommend a friend or family member in the future.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I was at a loss of how to handle the lien, and Larson Financial, Ted **, and Rebecca **, handled EVERYTHING! I am VERY satisfied with the result. They stayed in contact with me all along the way, informing me of their progress. Great job!

Original review: May 23, 2018

Great job helping me receive my offer in compromise acceptance. I would and have recommended your services to anyone needing tax representation. The process has been a challenge and I would not have wanted to try to handle this without your assistance. Thanks again!

Original review: May 13, 2018

Ted has truly and sincerely cared about me and my financial status. He has on numerous occasions investigated other tax alternatives to remedy my tax situation. He returns phone calls, emails and never dismisses my ideas or questions. I have trusted him wholeheartedly and would recommend his services to anyone.

Original review: May 10, 2018

It was very stressful trying to get information that Larson Financial was needing as my past accountant was not very helpful. There were times I felt I needed to get feedback from Larson Financial sooner by email. There would be 2 case managers working on this and I felt I was emailing the wrong one. Larson Financial was able to get a reasonable payment plan.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I found Larson Tax Relief through a referral from Tom **. (His word being gospel truth about businesses). When I called everything was straightforward as far as the amount to help me and with what both parties needed to do to accomplish a good ending. Needless to say dealing with the IRS does have lots of bumps. In every case that an issue arose, Jacob ** was right on it either resending the information or calling them. I enjoy the fact that if I call, fax, leave a message within the day I am contacted back.

When an issue arises it's usually resolved within the next three days, and once again I receive a phone call or email. I hate being told you'll get back to me and it never comes. That has never been the case, in fact I have been appraised and offered several solutions every step of the way. In a world of computers, the personal touch of phone conversations and meeting in person has made the most impact of feeling involved with my case. (The best part? It's not me on hold with the govt for hours.)

Original review: May 8, 2018

The Larson team of Randi ** and Maegan ** did a most creditable job of negotiating an acceptable Installment Agreement for D-TEK Analytical Laboratories, Inc. with the IRS. The Agreement was complex for a number of reason: past history of default on prior agreements, shared equity in my primary residence, no source of civil penalty payments other than from D-TEK, strict limit on the amount of monthly payment that could be afforded, and several other factors. In addition, the IRS presented a chaotic situation to navigate with at least four Agents involved, multiple requests for additional financial information and a complete lack of timely responses and follow through. I appreciated Larson's aggressive pursuit of the negotiation to its final conclusion.

I felt confident that my case was being pursued professionally and in my best interests. Larson's feedback to me was timely and complete. My financial requirements were honored and negotiated satisfactorily, and our email and phone correspondences were always polite, direct and professional. The only glitch was the early hand off of the case to Randi when the original case representative (who brought my case with her) left Larson. Randi picked the case up nicely and did an even better job with it. Should the need arise in he future, I wouldn't hesitate to use Larson again.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I was in need of help with my Tax Liability amounting to $14,000. I received emails from the Tax Office to pay up or succumb to wage garnishment. The first Tax relief company that I contacted did not help and ended up losing money to them. I contacted Larson Financial from an Advertisement on the internet. I got a call back from Cassandra and was told that Larson Financial can protect me from wage garnishment and that they can review my case and help with reducing my tax liability. Th team at Larson Financial was professional and they negotiated with the tax office, and got my taxes reduced to about $9000. In addition to helping me with reducing my tax liability, Larson Financial also arranged for a payment plan. That was a big help to me.

Original review: May 1, 2018

My husband and I had a huge tax bill and no idea how to handle this. Rich was wonderful. He handled all the negotiations, answered all of my many (many) questions and listened to me when I was overwhelmed. Larson Tax Relief was a lifesaver.

Original review: April 18, 2018

George ** and Destiny ** has been a great help with getting my situation resolved with my state taxes. I went through a lot of services trying to find the right fit for my state tax situation and was getting nowhere, but very frustrated and disappointed. Through my search, I came across Larson Financial and decided to give them a try. I was assigned to George and Destiny. George started my process and Destiny continued and followed through with contacting the state to the end to get payments set up at a reasonable amount and to make sure I was happy and the payments would be affordable for me. Thanks Larson Financial for your help.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I am one of those people who for a number of reasons had several years of unfiled tax returns and owed a significant amount of money to IRS. It would be fair to say I was paralyzed by the thought of what might happen once I owned up. I called Larson and over time worked the whole situation out. My contacts at Larson were professional and not judgmental, patient and really helped me solve my tax problem. I would recommend them highly to anyone who has tax issues.

Original review: April 11, 2018

A couple of years ago I made the decision to start-up my own business offering accounting services. I was very eager to pursue this, but unfortunately within months of establishing my LLC, I was diagnosed with a serious disease. My income is now limited to a part time job, and I became overwhelmed with the inability to pay my taxes. The cost of living weighed against my small monthly intake was incontestable. This is when I found Larson Tax Relief. I was a little more than hesitant to pursue help, as there are so many fraudulent companies out there who take your money and produce no results. I researched Larson and other companies, and after much homework decided to contact Larson.

From the onset, the staff has been not only been extremely professional, but showed compassion and true understanding of my dire situation. The start up process was very easy and so affordable!! And their response time to my inquiries was a plus. There were no delays in any filings, and within a short amount of time my case has been resolved. I would absolutely recommend Larson Tax Relief to anyone faced with tax burden. They relieved me of so much additional stress, and I can finally sleep at night again. My thanks to everyone at Larson for their caring, professional service.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Larson Tax Relief is easy to deal with. I used Larson Tax Relief for personal and business matter, they did a great job with both. Larson Tax Relief helped me make a payment plan with the IRS that I can afford. I would definitely recommend Larson Tax Relief to friends.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Emily ** listened to my concerns and suggestions. They are Genuine, Compassionate. Most of all they are thorough and competent. Both my business and personal tax issues were amicably resolved. They will remain on my case for a nominal fee to keep us on track. Grateful.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I had a great experience. Every question I had was answer so I could understand. When I called, the operator was always nice. George ** and Destiny ** was great. If I didn't reach them, they would always call back. I would definitely recommend a friend.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Our experience with Larson Financial was top notch. Everyone we worked with was professional and personable. They were competent and confident and made what could have been a very scary situation manageable. An enormous thanks to Leona ** and her staff for taking such good care of our company. I don't know where we would be without her experience and assurances that we were in good hands and in good standing with the IRS. Now we're on track to get our tax debt taken care of and our business is doing better than ever. THANK YOU!!!

Original review: April 3, 2018

Kristine ** and her associates at Larson Tax Relief provided exceptionally good service in dealing with different offices of the IRS to help organize our tax situation into something coherent and manageable. It is very helpful to have the assistance of someone well versed in all of the small details of these income tax matters, especially for some of us who do have accounting credentials and experience, but who lack patience and a constructive attitude when dealing with IRS. Larson Tax Relief, and Kristine ** specifically, have my strongest endorsement of their professional services.

Original review: March 27, 2018

George ** is a very knowledgeable and professional representative at Larson Tax Relief. He has been an attentive and understanding listener as I babble on in my limited knowledge of the tax process. Patiently he articulates in laymen terms, clarifying, suggesting or recommending the next step or best approach. He has a gentle manner that is neither condescending nor patronizing. I feel very comfortable leaving my IRS nightmare in his very capable hands. He takes time to keep me updated on the status of my case and has gone out of his way to assist my son with a 2016 issue. Overall, I am very happy with the service that Mr ** has provided and I will certainly recommend Larson Tax Relief to anybody in need of IRS resolution.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Larson Tax Relief provided excellent service for tax problems I had. They were extremely professional at all times. Kept me informed always and allowed me the option of calling anytime I had a question. I was extremely satisfied with the personal service I received from Ted **.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Excellent organization. Very candid & realistic with level setting expectations/outcome. The representative I worked with (Rich **) was very professional and competent. He was also very responsive and comprehensive in his thorough research and follow through. I was very pleased with the overall experience. They are not only good at what they do, they are also very easy to work with and equitable with their fees and when/how they are paid. I have actually used ** in a subsequent matter and he was just as effective and professional in the 2nd issue as well. In summary, a great company and Rich ** in particular was extraordinarily competent.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I vetted several tax relief agencies and am so grateful and relieved that I chose Larson Tax Relief. Compared to the others, Larson Tax Relief are legal tax professionals and not sales reps. The professionalism and legal tax counsel is apparent immediately when you speak to Lucas **, who is an actual tax attorney. Moreover, the cost of their tax services is surprisingly reasonable, and cost much less than the competitors who charge double or triple and play the discount game with you, making you think they’re doing you a favor, when in fact, they are not.

The competitors prey on your fears to get the sale, whereas Larson Tax Relief’s assuages them by listening, addressing and resolving your unique tax concerns, enabling you “peace of mind”. If you want entrusted and professional tax attorneys, client satisfaction, and “peace of mind”, I recommend that you choose Larson Tax Relief. And, if you’re as blessed as I am, you’ll be able to talk to Lucas **, and Leona ** will be your tax attorney. They are an incredible professional legal team.

Larson Tax Relief expert review by Andrew Poulos

Founded in 2005, Larson Tax Relief represents clients in all 50 states. They specialize in helping businesses and individuals who are behind on their taxes and/or who have past-due tax filings and returns at both the state and federal level.

• Spectrum of clients: Larson Tax Relief helps all types of clients, including small businesses, large businesses, individuals, religious organizations and nonprofit organizations.

• Emergency tax relief: Larson Tax Relief works fast to get their clients immediate relief from collectors, garnished wages and levied accounts. They will then work on developing a long-term solution to make sure their clients have the breathing room they need to pay the amount they owe on their taxes.

• Nationwide tax relief: Larson Tax Relief is headquartered in Colorado, but they represent clients in all 50 states. Find your local toll free number on their website.

• Free consultation: Call Larson Tax Relief for a free consultation to find out how they can help you settle your federal or state tax problems.

• Real-world experience: Many of Larson Tax Relief’s attorneys have business experience, so they understand business taxes first-hand. Some are business owners, which gives them additional insight into understanding business taxes.

• Best for: Larson Tax Relief is best for businesses and individuals who need tax relief.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos

Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Larson Tax Relief questions and answers

What problem is Larson Tax Relief trying to solve?
Businesses and Individuals who owe back taxes to IRS and state taxing authorities are facing the daunting task of getting a solution that actually works for them. We work diligently to alleviate the financial and emotional pressures that come with these debts while providing the expertise and personal guidance needed to arrive at a resolution that fits their unique situation.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
Our competitors commonly boast that years of experience in dealing with the IRS is their prized attribute, making them experts at negotiating with the government. While Larson Tax Relief’s senior employees have 100+ years of combined experience in dealing with the IRS and state, we focus on other factors that play an equally important role in delivering a great result for our clients. First, is a focus on customer service centered around interacting with and educating our clients. Second is ensuring our employees are equipped mentally and emotionally to execute the tasks needed to provide a favorable result for our customers. By design, our corporate culture fosters happy, informed employees. Happy and well-informed employees deliver a better work product, period. Third, we place a heavy emphasis on growing and maintaining high moral and ethical standards in customer interaction and employee conduct, including advertising. Fourth, is licensing. Every client that hires our firm has a licensed Attorney or IRS Enrolled Agent working on their file, and communicating directly with them. We also provide federally licensed tax consultants for our prospective customers to speak with about their tax situation prior to hiring our firm. We are aware of only 1 other competing firm that upholds these standards.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our services provide much-needed guidance and comfort to our customers, while our expertise in this area of practice provides the ability to navigate complex state and federal tax laws, policies and procedures. We are able to execute better resolutions than our competitors due to a very high level of involvement with our clients. Sizeable tax debts don’t show up overnight, and they can’t usually be fixed overnight either. When Larson employees focus on communication and collaboration with our clients, we are empowered to provide a result that is truly tailored to the customers’ needs and unique variables. Most of our competitors sell a “cookie-cutter” product, follow the same steps for every customer, and refer to their customers by their client ID number. We don’t number our clients, as Larson Tax Relief isn’t in the cattle business. Our clients have names, and we follow varying steps and procedures for each one in a commitment to achieve the unique resolution they need.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about Larson Tax Relief?
The primary misconception consumers have about our firm is that the client themselves, or their local CPA will get the same result that we would. Customers commonly believe that we can’t do anything that they can’t, even in the face of over 30,000 pages of tax law and policy in the Internal Revenue Manual and Internal Revenue Code. IRS and State revenue officers are trained to be much nicer than they were in the past. By design, this gives the would-be customer the illusion that they are working with somebody who has their best interest at hand or is “on their side.” Often, the government employee provided to the taxpayer occupies a role that does not give them the authority to honor appeals or terms needed by the taxpayer. Taking guidance from a revenue agent, who has a job to collect the money as fast as they can, is often a treacherous path resulting in levied bank accounts and seized assets.
What are your company values?
The Larson Tax Relief Mission Statement is that the company exists to provide its clients with the finest quality work and customer service in the tax resolution industry, delivered by a knowledgeable, compassionate, honest team of professionals.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
We wish that potential customer of ours knew that every single client is extremely important to both our organization and our employees. Our full effort and expertise are exerted on every case-file. The person or company that owes $10,000 to the IRS receives the same treatment, effort and expert help as the client who owes $2 million in back taxes. We have every licensed tax professional work on both large and small dollar-amount cases, as a favorable result is equally important to clients in both situations!
Has Larson Tax Relief received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
The company won the 2014 BBB Torch Award for Customer Service and was runner-up for the 2014 and 2015 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Trust & Ethics. The company has also been mentioned in The Denver Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, The Denver Post Top 100 Workplaces, the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 50 Family Owned Companies and the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 250 Privately Owned Companies for multiple years.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The most common misconceptions consumers have about our industry are that the IRS will negotiate or “bargain” with a taxpayer, similar to what you might see at a flea market or garage sale, that all tax negotiation firms are created equal and that it is common for the IRS to settle for ‘pennies on the dollar’ on back tax debt.
What is the greatest obstacle Larson Tax Relief is currently trying to overcome?
Market saturation and sub-par work product from our competitors is the primary obstacle our company faces every day. Being lumped into a group with all of the other competitors in the “tax resolution industry” is not necessarily a good thing for our firm. Many consumers believe that tax resolution companies are just a scam, and they are partially correct. Our company, at last count, has 270 “competitors” nationwide that claim to do what we do. We estimate that fewer than 10 of these firms have the ethical standards, business model and expertise to deliver results that are equal to Larson Tax Relief. This number does not include individual CPAs and Attorneys who are often hired to fix back tax problems, regardless of the fact that most of them have very limited experience negotiating with government taxing authorities. We gain first-hand knowledge of the terrible work product provided by most competitors when we are hired to sort through and clean up the mess they had created for their client prior to hiring Larson Tax Relief. Often we find that they client was indeed ‘scammed.’
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have seen the arrival of hundreds of new “competitors” that are increasingly less qualified, yet make even bigger promises of massive reductions in tax debt. Wild claims about “new government programs” and false promises pound TV and radio airwaves and other media outlets every day. Each month we hear of a dozen new companies that are starting up in our industry, and another dozen who are going out of business. Below, in our advice section, you will find that we advise that consumers looking for help research how long a company has been in business. This is why.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
We hope that the federal government will pass legislation and regulations that will mandate and require licensing in order to provide tax advice, opinions or claims pertaining to the results of any back tax resolution. Should licensing be required, it would save thousands of consumers the financial and emotional heartache while falling victim to false claims and poor work product. A sub-par performance by a tax company often places the consumer in more trouble than they were in prior to hiring. Without any new federal regulations being passed, we fear that the industry will continue to be saturated by predatory companies headed up by under-qualified, unethical people making unsubstantiated claims while delivering little to no results to their customers. The government could actually help the consumer by passing some more stringent regulations that limit exactly who is allowed to give tax advice, and what they are allowed to say. Our licensed professionals are currently regulated in this manner, however, those at other firms who are not licensed can say just about anything without facing any consequences. For the consumers’ sake, we hope this changes.
How has Larson Tax Relief grown or evolved?
Because of our reputation and great case results, our company has grown from three employees to over 85 in our 13 years in business. Larson Tax Relief focuses on keeping company growth in proportion with our number of clients, leaving no customer under-served. Beyond employee and client numbers increasing over the years, our firm has evolved in every area possible, from internal customer service requirements to our thriving corporate culture. The healthy growth of our progressive work environment and culture has been facilitated greatly by ownership providing positive psychology training as well as a third party executive coach who is available to all staff members. We have found that positive, effective and clear communication with clients and between employees is the key to achieving the stellar results and customer experience we pride ourselves on delivering.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
We advise that any client seeking help with a back tax issue looks for the best help out there. Better help doesn’t mean that it is more expensive. Quite often, the least qualified firms quote the highest fees. It is advisable that any consumer looking for help should do at least 15 minutes of research on any firm they are considering. This sounds like a small amount of time, but a lot can be found out in a short amount of time. The difference between “adequate” and “great” help will have a substantial affect on your end result, and will likely affect the next 2-10 a customer’s personal life, even if the tax issue stems from a business. We encourage all consumers looking for help to perform some research that will provide information about a tax company’s number of years in business, licensed employees (will you ever talk to one?), customer reviews, and client references. If a company can provide very few positive reviews or references, and has been in business only a few years, we advise you move on and keep looking! There is great tax help out there, and it isn’t hard to find if you know what you are looking for.

Larson Tax Relief Company Information

Fax:
866-553-6996
consumeraffairs.larsontaxrelief.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business