Call toll free
4.92/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Larson Tax Relief’s team of licensed professionals can help deliver immediate tax relief to you or your business. With over 11 years of experience and award-winning customer service, they guarantee you’ll be satisfied with their service and care. Larson’s team resolves back tax issues for a wide variety of unique situations and clientele. Call today to see how they can help you.

265 Larson Tax Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I have been working with Larson Financial for quite a while now and have been very pleased with everything that they’ve done for me. They stay in contact with me on a regular basis and let me know what is going on with my back taxes. They are in contact with the IRS and I have a better peace of mind knowing that Larson Financial has my back. I would highly recommend them to anyone. The people are helpful and so friendly!

Get expert buying tips about Tax Relief delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

When we were having issues with late tax payments, Larson Tax Relief was recommend to us by another one of their clients. We found Larson to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful in getting us the agreement with the IRS that we needed be able to afford. They were also able to deal with any glitches that we had.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I choose a star rating of 3 basically because I am satisfied with the experience because of the work that is being done on my behalf. To say that I am happy with the experience would not be accurate basically because of the length of time that I have been a client of Larson's which is NOT to say that they have been negligent with their representation but to say that I have spent a lot of money in getting some closure to this problems. When I first approached Larson, there was a deal put in place with the IRS by the individual who was representing me at the time.

He left and I was passed to a second individual who didn't like the deal and started new negotiations, that person left and then came another and another until I am working with either my 4th or 5th representative. (I have lost count) Each one requiring more and more money which could have been used to pay off the original debt. However, I am getting off the subject as this should be about the work. Now being an accountant or actually knowledgeable in how these negotiations work, I can say that as far as I can see, the individual that is now representing me appears to have my best interest at heart and after all of these years with the various Larson representatives, I am finally feeling like someone is actually trying to help me and not just make money for the company which is how I felt previously.

The down fall is after you have invested literally thousands of dollars (which I have), you feel trapped and the expense of starting over is so overwhelming, you pray and hope for the best. In fairness to Larson, I cannot blame the length of time that I have been a client entirely on them as there were certain responsibilities that I had which I could not meet because of huge assessments I was required to pay only to end up in default year after year after year. The bottom line is this is not a happy experience because it is ongoing but a satisfying experience because it is being addressed.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I’ve been thoroughly pleased with Larson and the staff. I like that any issues with the IRS that has surfaced have been quickly addressed. I like the communication between Larson and myself, I do not have any problems getting in touch with staff when I need to.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My experience with Larson Tax Relief has been a very positive experience. I didn’t know what to expect when I enlisted their aid. I found that everyone with the firm who assisted me were professional and reassuring. I was very pleased with the end result.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Larson Tax Relief?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My experience with Larson Financial and Michael ** has been excellent. Michael is a very good at Attorney. He gets results. He is also very good at explaining a complicated situation and explaining options. His response time is amazing. Nathan ** is also excellent to work with. I appreciate everything they have done on my behalf.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I just want to say thank you to Larson Tax Relief! I especially want to thank Leona ** and Betty **! They were the greatest through my whole difficult process. Please! Please! Call Larson Tax Relief for any of your tax needs! You won't be disappointed!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Larson Financial was very efficient in keeping me "in the loop" every step of the way. Communication is the key! My Federal and State taxes were resolved much to my satisfaction. I would highly recommend them to family and friends.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I applaud this agency for their support and knowledge when assisting with various tax questions and involvement in reducing tax liability with their clients . Larson financial provided timely response to my emails and other various communications. I would recommend them to anyone seeking relief from tax debt.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Rich ** was very helpful; and completed the work I asked of him in a prompt manner. I gave him a week to complete the work needed and he met that timeline. I would recommend him, and Larson, to anyone in need of a tax lawyer.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have been working with Larson for more than 5 years. Came to Larson from another firm which not only did nothing for my tax situation but most likely made it worse. Larson Financial not only corrected their mistakes but brought my IRS debt down from a very large number to today which is manageable and under control. Michael and Veronica are both diligent in tracking my account and keeping me up to date.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

The service I was provided was excellent and well received, all problems were resolved efficiently. I was well taken care of despite my hesitance in the beginning but now I know that I am in great hands when using this service, will be recommending.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have been very pleased with the professionalism and follow through. For every client, there are as many stories behind each tax issue presented. None seem to be beyond Larson Financial's capabilities. My particular circumstances did not seem to beyond the reach of Randi ** and Maegan **. A few years ago, I was in the fight of my life. On the brink of losing my children and my livelihood. I managed to save all but my dignity. Larson Financial did not judge and stepped in to help when I needed it the most. Thank you is not enough.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have been with Larson-Financial since 2007. I have experienced nothing but a professional, friendly, successful, and awarding working with Larson's. It has been a pleasant 11 years and I will venture to say that if it had not been for Larson-Financial, I would have had to bankrupt my Corp. long ago. I am happy with this service.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I have had the good fortune to access the facility of Larson Financial. I consider it an exceptionally fortunate for myself after attempting to deal with the tax resolution both on my own and with the tax resolution specialists suggested by the Tax Advocate programs as presented in the links from the Taxing Authorities. Things became bleaker and threats became both more intense and overwhelming as time went on.

Upon contacting Larson Financial for the help dealing with my personal conflict started by the Tax Authorities the level of compassion, help and receiving the instructions and legal information required to finalize and ongoing problem of over ten years and the side effects of that (Liens, additional fines and threats of wage garnishment and threats of removal of monies from accounts and having my only means of transportation subject to seizure and forfeit). I thank everyone at Larson Financial wholeheartedly and have the utmost respect for their ability and handling of My case. They have not only kept their word but also have been a pleasure to deal with and in my opinion gone above and beyond any level of expectation I would have been able to anticipate.

My experience with this company has been absolutely without question one of the highlights of good fortune in my life in recent years and I cannot adequately express how grateful I am to them and what a valuable service they provide the level of professionalism they perform - all coupled with the personal interactions this process has involved. If You need help You can find it here. I am in no way affiliated with this firm other than being a much relieved and a very satisfied customer. I would not hesitate to return to them if I had a need or hesitate to recommend them to my family and friends. I hope this helps You and others who take the time to read reviews.

Larson Tax Relief response

Thank you so much for your detailed review! Thank you also for choosing Larson to fix your issue.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

We have been working with Larson financial for over a year now. Steve and his team are absolutely amazing! They are quick to answer all emails and phone calls. They made everything very easy and for us and got our settlement very quickly. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I was very happy with the service provided to me at Larson. My tax issue was very confusing to me as I have very little experience in the tax field. I was treated with respect and courtesy and every question and concern I had was addressed and answered professionally and honestly. I truly appreciate knowledge and honesty in a business and that is what I received.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Ms. Betty ** and Ms Leona ** devoted excellent time and service to resolving my tax case with IRS. I am well please with the quality of service, and their understanding about financial situation during the loss of my husband. I would highly recommend them to other clients. Thank you for your service.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The company I work for has worked with Larson Financial for the past 6 years. I have had interactions with many individuals and witnessed many people come and go. During that time period and all of my communications with various individuals I have found every single person to be most helpful. Over the past 6 years I have had the most contact with our representative, Nicole **. Nicole goes above and beyond to answer my questions and has been a phenomenal blessing to my employer. It is rare to find individuals who are as consistent, caring and thorough as Nicole has been, she is definetly an asset to Larson Financial. I appreciate her kindness and patience in working with us, her willingness to explain things in detail has helped me more times than I can count. I would highly recommend Larson to anyone looking for a professionl company who can handle challenging tax situations.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

John and Nicole are great. John is a very straightforward guy, no BS, and we'll tell you exactly your situation, what you need to do, and what he needs to get you the best results. I did a lot of research to find the right company and these guys had Straight A's across the board. This was my first time ever dealing with a situation like this and not only did they make it easy but I also learned a lot because of their willingness to give you as much time as you need on the phone and answer any questions that you may have. I really cannot think of any negatives or aspects of their business that I think they could improve on. I went into this process wanting a certain result and I came out of this process with that result.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Unpaid taxes to the IRS that lead to tax lien and the IRS was threatening us to shut down the Business. The Larson group was there to use a shield and buy us a lot of time to settle with the IRS officer and find a solution. Pricing is very reasonable not like those people who tells you 5K I will get the issue from a to z. I prefer the larson billing system. It was nice working with you.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Larson Financial truly helped me out of what could have been a very scary situation with the IRS. I must give a special thank you to Nicole**. She's always available to answer all questions. You will not be disappointed with them.

Larson Tax Relief response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Francisco. We appreciate the feedback!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Larson was instrumental in working with the IRS to majorly reduce my payment plan to a very manageable monthly payment. They kept me informed every step of the way during their negotiations with the IRS and relieved much of the tress I was feeling under the pressure from the IRS - Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

They are the ultimate professionals! They took the time to explain everything to me in detail so that I fully understood the process. They kept me up to date as the case progressed and ensured the best outcome for me. I highly recommend them!

Artie,
We are thrilled you are happy with our work. Thank you for your kinds words.

--Larson Management

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Larson Financial has quick to help and resolve our taxes. The company informed of what they needed to complete, always calling with information and options. We completed everything needed within days and we are more than satisfied with experience and completion on our case. Thank you Larson Financial!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My experience with my tax advisors have been pleasant. They would keep me informed of what was going on work with me to get the necessary documents needed. It took me a while to get used to only speaking with them via email mail or by phone instead of meet with them in person. I would recommend their services to anyone who is having Tax Issues.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I had the occasion to work with Veronica ** throughout the duration of my case. Veronica kept me abreast of the status of the process, what the next courses of action were and took the initiative to maintain correspondence, by phone, email and postal mail, with all parties involved in bringing the process to a successful and expedient conclusion. I am very pleased with the quality of the follow up and attention to detail that resulted in a satisfactory conclusion to the matter. I highly recommend Veronica for her consummate professionalism and cheerful demeanor. Michael ** and Veronica ** are a formidable, client focused, results driven team.

Hello Rotha,
We do have some great employees here, and we are pleased you appreciate the level of follow up and attention to detail we believe is necessary to bring about a resolution that works for you as an individual. Thank you for hiring our firm!

--Larson Management Team

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Having John ** and his team resolve my tax issue was a blessing to me. John is an amazing compassionate man, who understands the anxiety a taxpayer may have due to the complex nature of tax issues and processes. His mastery of tax matters is reassuring, and reflects in the competency of his work. John and his team attends to communications promptly, and explains every step clearly.

He responds to his client in a timely manner, AND ANSWERS QUESTIONS CLEARLY; ADDRESSING EVERY CONCERN. I feel like I have known John for a long time, even though it's just a few months. If my case was not re-assigned to John and his team, I might have left Larson Financials, a disgruntled, unsatisfied client. I would recommend Larson to my business associates, family and friends in a "heart-beat". Thank you John, and "THUMBS UP" TO YOU AND YOUR TEAM.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Rich ** at Larson Tax Relief worked expediently and efficiently to resolve my issue. He maintained a high level of professionalism and my overall experience was incredibly positive. I would highly recommend Larson Tax Relief for any tax related issues.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Rich ** was amazing at reconciling this issue for me. He was excellent in communicating and resolving this problem. I cannot speak highly enough about his dedication and kindness. I would recommend him to anyone who is having any issues with the IRS or filing income taxes. He is the greatest!! Thanks, Rich for giving me back my peace of mind!!!

Larson Tax Relief expert review by Andrew Poulos

Founded in 2005, Larson Tax Relief represents clients in all 50 states. They specialize in helping businesses and individuals who are behind on their taxes and/or who have past-due tax filings and returns at both the state and federal level.

• Spectrum of clients: Larson Tax Relief helps all types of clients, including small businesses, large businesses, individuals, religious organizations and nonprofit organizations.

• Emergency tax relief: Larson Tax Relief works fast to get their clients immediate relief from collectors, garnished wages and levied accounts. They will then work on developing a long-term solution to make sure their clients have the breathing room they need to pay the amount they owe on their taxes.

• Nationwide tax relief: Larson Tax Relief is headquartered in Colorado, but they represent clients in all 50 states. Find your local toll free number on their website.

• Free consultation: Call Larson Tax Relief for a free consultation to find out how they can help you settle your federal or state tax problems.

• Real-world experience: Many of Larson Tax Relief’s attorneys have business experience, so they understand business taxes first-hand. Some are business owners, which gives them additional insight into understanding business taxes.

• Best for: Larson Tax Relief is best for businesses and individuals who need tax relief.

Profile picture of Andrew Poulos
Andrew Poulos Tax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.

Larson Tax Relief questions and answers

What problem is Larson Tax Relief trying to solve?
Businesses and Individuals who owe back taxes to IRS and state taxing authorities are facing the daunting task of getting a solution that actually works for them. We work diligently to alleviate the financial and emotional pressures that come with these debts while providing the expertise and personal guidance needed to arrive at a resolution that fits their unique situation.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
Our competitors commonly boast that years of experience in dealing with the IRS is their prized attribute, making them experts at negotiating with the government. While Larson Tax Relief’s senior employees have 100+ years of combined experience in dealing with the IRS and state, we focus on other factors that play an equally important role in delivering a great result for our clients. First, is a focus on customer service centered around interacting with and educating our clients. Second is ensuring our employees are equipped mentally and emotionally to execute the tasks needed to provide a favorable result for our customers. By design, our corporate culture fosters happy, informed employees. Happy and well-informed employees deliver a better work product, period. Third, we place a heavy emphasis on growing and maintaining high moral and ethical standards in customer interaction and employee conduct, including advertising. Fourth, is licensing. Every client that hires our firm has a licensed Attorney or IRS Enrolled Agent working on their file, and communicating directly with them. We also provide federally licensed tax consultants for our prospective customers to speak with about their tax situation prior to hiring our firm. We are aware of only 1 other competing firm that upholds these standards.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our services provide much-needed guidance and comfort to our customers, while our expertise in this area of practice provides the ability to navigate complex state and federal tax laws, policies and procedures. We are able to execute better resolutions than our competitors due to a very high level of involvement with our clients. Sizeable tax debts don’t show up overnight, and they can’t usually be fixed overnight either. When Larson employees focus on communication and collaboration with our clients, we are empowered to provide a result that is truly tailored to the customers’ needs and unique variables. Most of our competitors sell a “cookie-cutter” product, follow the same steps for every customer, and refer to their customers by their client ID number. We don’t number our clients, as Larson Tax Relief isn’t in the cattle business. Our clients have names, and we follow varying steps and procedures for each one in a commitment to achieve the unique resolution they need.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about Larson Tax Relief?
The primary misconception consumers have about our firm is that the client themselves, or their local CPA will get the same result that we would. Customers commonly believe that we can’t do anything that they can’t, even in the face of over 30,000 pages of tax law and policy in the Internal Revenue Manual and Internal Revenue Code. IRS and State revenue officers are trained to be much nicer than they were in the past. By design, this gives the would-be customer the illusion that they are working with somebody who has their best interest at hand or is “on their side.” Often, the government employee provided to the taxpayer occupies a role that does not give them the authority to honor appeals or terms needed by the taxpayer. Taking guidance from a revenue agent, who has a job to collect the money as fast as they can, is often a treacherous path resulting in levied bank accounts and seized assets.
What are your company values?
The Larson Tax Relief Mission Statement is that the company exists to provide its clients with the finest quality work and customer service in the tax resolution industry, delivered by a knowledgeable, compassionate, honest team of professionals.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
We wish that potential customer of ours knew that every single client is extremely important to both our organization and our employees. Our full effort and expertise are exerted on every case-file. The person or company that owes $10,000 to the IRS receives the same treatment, effort and expert help as the client who owes $2 million in back taxes. We have every licensed tax professional work on both large and small dollar-amount cases, as a favorable result is equally important to clients in both situations!
Has Larson Tax Relief received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
The company won the 2014 BBB Torch Award for Customer Service and was runner-up for the 2014 and 2015 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Trust & Ethics. The company has also been mentioned in The Denver Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, The Denver Post Top 100 Workplaces, the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 50 Family Owned Companies and the Colorado Biz Magazine’s Top 250 Privately Owned Companies for multiple years.
What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The most common misconceptions consumers have about our industry are that the IRS will negotiate or “bargain” with a taxpayer, similar to what you might see at a flea market or garage sale, that all tax negotiation firms are created equal and that it is common for the IRS to settle for ‘pennies on the dollar’ on back tax debt.
What is the greatest obstacle Larson Tax Relief is currently trying to overcome?
Market saturation and sub-par work product from our competitors is the primary obstacle our company faces every day. Being lumped into a group with all of the other competitors in the “tax resolution industry” is not necessarily a good thing for our firm. Many consumers believe that tax resolution companies are just a scam, and they are partially correct. Our company, at last count, has 270 “competitors” nationwide that claim to do what we do. We estimate that fewer than 10 of these firms have the ethical standards, business model and expertise to deliver results that are equal to Larson Tax Relief. This number does not include individual CPAs and Attorneys who are often hired to fix back tax problems, regardless of the fact that most of them have very limited experience negotiating with government taxing authorities. We gain first-hand knowledge of the terrible work product provided by most competitors when we are hired to sort through and clean up the mess they had created for their client prior to hiring Larson Tax Relief. Often we find that they client was indeed ‘scammed.’
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have seen the arrival of hundreds of new “competitors” that are increasingly less qualified, yet make even bigger promises of massive reductions in tax debt. Wild claims about “new government programs” and false promises pound TV and radio airwaves and other media outlets every day. Each month we hear of a dozen new companies that are starting up in our industry, and another dozen who are going out of business. Below, in our advice section, you will find that we advise that consumers looking for help research how long a company has been in business. This is why.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
We hope that the federal government will pass legislation and regulations that will mandate and require licensing in order to provide tax advice, opinions or claims pertaining to the results of any back tax resolution. Should licensing be required, it would save thousands of consumers the financial and emotional heartache while falling victim to false claims and poor work product. A sub-par performance by a tax company often places the consumer in more trouble than they were in prior to hiring. Without any new federal regulations being passed, we fear that the industry will continue to be saturated by predatory companies headed up by under-qualified, unethical people making unsubstantiated claims while delivering little to no results to their customers. The government could actually help the consumer by passing some more stringent regulations that limit exactly who is allowed to give tax advice, and what they are allowed to say. Our licensed professionals are currently regulated in this manner, however, those at other firms who are not licensed can say just about anything without facing any consequences. For the consumers’ sake, we hope this changes.
How has Larson Tax Relief grown or evolved?
Because of our reputation and great case results, our company has grown from three employees to over 85 in our 13 years in business. Larson Tax Relief focuses on keeping company growth in proportion with our number of clients, leaving no customer under-served. Beyond employee and client numbers increasing over the years, our firm has evolved in every area possible, from internal customer service requirements to our thriving corporate culture. The healthy growth of our progressive work environment and culture has been facilitated greatly by ownership providing positive psychology training as well as a third party executive coach who is available to all staff members. We have found that positive, effective and clear communication with clients and between employees is the key to achieving the stellar results and customer experience we pride ourselves on delivering.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
We advise that any client seeking help with a back tax issue looks for the best help out there. Better help doesn’t mean that it is more expensive. Quite often, the least qualified firms quote the highest fees. It is advisable that any consumer looking for help should do at least 15 minutes of research on any firm they are considering. This sounds like a small amount of time, but a lot can be found out in a short amount of time. The difference between “adequate” and “great” help will have a substantial affect on your end result, and will likely affect the next 2-10 a customer’s personal life, even if the tax issue stems from a business. We encourage all consumers looking for help to perform some research that will provide information about a tax company’s number of years in business, licensed employees (will you ever talk to one?), customer reviews, and client references. If a company can provide very few positive reviews or references, and has been in business only a few years, we advise you move on and keep looking! There is great tax help out there, and it isn’t hard to find if you know what you are looking for.

Larson Tax Relief Company Information

Fax:
866-553-6996
consumeraffairs.larsontaxrelief.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.